时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:46] | 霍莉·理查德森 95年5月 | |
[02:00] | Detective Rush, cold jobs. | 我是拉什探员 负责悬案 |
[02:02] | Uh, Roy Minard, | 我叫罗伊·米纳德 |
[02:04] | uh, Fallen from Grace. | 从恩典中堕落 |
[02:08] | Is that right? | 是真的吗 |
[02:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:11] | You’re looking at a ruined man, I’m afraid. | 你眼前的这个男人恐怕是不名一文 |
[02:14] | Wanna sit down? | 要坐吗 |
[02:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:18] | I was a, uh… | 我曾经是一个… |
[02:20] | I was a professor at the University, | 我曾经是一个大学教授 |
[02:23] | enjoying a quiet life of arts and sciences | 只跟文理打交道 过着平静的生活 |
[02:25] | when I became embroiled in a murder case. | 直到我卷入了一场凶案 |
[02:30] | My unfortunate role was as the number one suspect. | 我不幸被认定为头号嫌犯 |
[02:33] | Who had the unfortunate role of victim? | 谁是不幸的死者 |
[02:37] | Holly Richardson. | 霍莉·理查德森 |
[02:41] | Here. She was one of my students. | 给 她以前是我的学生 |
[02:42] | Very promising young mind. | 很有前途的小姑娘 |
[02:45] | Killed on Campus? | 是在学校里被谋杀的 |
[02:46] | Nine years ago. | 九年前 |
[02:47] | Whipped and strangled with a car antenna. | 被一根汽车天线抽打后勒死的 |
[02:50] | Awful. | 很惨 |
[02:52] | Well, there must have been a reason you were investigated. | 你被调查总是有理由的吧 |
[02:55] | And one reason only. | 就一个理由 |
[02:56] | Holly and I were having an affair. | 我跟霍莉有染 |
[02:59] | Which I lied about at the time. | 那时候我撒谎了 |
[03:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:05] | Why does a philanderer lie? | 一个风流男子撒谎还能为什么呢 |
[03:07] | I was married. | 我成家了 |
[03:09] | Ashamed of my behavior. | 我很惭愧 |
[03:10] | Covering your tracks. | 你在掩饰 |
[03:11] | And my dishonesty on that matter | 我因为没坦白这件事 |
[03:13] | was seen as guilty in this far more serious charge. | 被视作有罪 于是受到更为严重的指控 |
[03:17] | The press went to town. | 媒体大肆报道 |
[03:20] | My wife and child left town… | 我妻子和孩子离我而去… |
[03:23] | and I was soon relieved of my professorship | 我很快就被撤职 |
[03:25] | and banned from campus. | 而且被禁止入校 |
[03:27] | Well, you’re here talking to me, | 好吧 你能来这儿跟我谈 |
[03:28] | so clearly you weren’t convicted of anything. | 很显然你被判无罪 |
[03:31] | Not in a court of law. | 法院判我无罪罢了 |
[03:32] | And you’re innocent, of course. | 当然 你是无辜的 |
[03:35] | You’ve heard of Richard Jewell? | 你听说过理查德·朱厄尔吗 |
[03:37] | Yeah. | 听过 |
[03:38] | He and I would have a lot to talk about. | 我和他肯定很有的聊 |
[03:39] | So why come in today, Roy? | 那么你今天为什么要过来 罗伊 |
[03:42] | Uh, I found this | 我在报纸上 |
[03:44] | in the newspaper. | 发现了这个 |
[03:46] | A prostitute in Norristown | 诺里斯敦的一个妓女 |
[03:48] | was killed and dumped in the Schuylkill two weeks ago. | 在两周前被杀并弃尸斯古吉尔河 |
[03:51] | Same as Holly. | 跟霍莉的情况一样 |
[03:51] | A lot of bodies are dumped in the river. | 这条河里经常有弃尸 |
[03:53] | Yes, but this one was also killed | 对 但这个妓女也是 |
[03:56] | with a car antenna. | 被一根汽车天线勒死的 |
[04:01] | I saw that and I, uh, | 我看到之后 我 |
[04:02] | I thought maybe I’ve found my one-armed man. | 我觉得我可能找到了真凶 |
[04:05] | Now you’re Richard Kimble. | 你现在成了理查德·金波尔 |
[04:07] | If there is a connection, | 如果两者有关联 |
[04:09] | maybe you can solve two murders. | 你也许可以侦破两桩凶案 |
[04:11] | And save my life in the process. | 同时也拯救了我的人生 |
[04:49] | “Holly Richardson, 21. | “霍莉·理查德森 21岁” |
[04:51] | Killed in West Philly, May ’95. | “于95年5月在西费城遇害” |
[04:52] | 14 lashes with an antenna | “被勒死之前” |
[04:54] | before he strangled her with it.” | “被汽车天线抽打了14下” |
[04:56] | Little humiliation before the grand finale. | 死前曾遭性侵犯 |
[04:58] | Dumped in the Schuylkill. | 被弃尸斯古吉尔河 |
[04:59] | Doer was probably trying to wash away evidence. | 凶手很可能是想把证据冲走 |
[05:02] | They found semen. | 他们发现了精液 |
[05:03] | Professor Minard’s? | 是米纳德教授的 |
[05:04] | Yup. | 对 |
[05:05] | So they did it the night of the murder. | 那么他们在案发当晚发生过性关系 |
[05:06] | Outside of that, what do we got? | 还有什么线索 |
[05:08] | He and Holly were at the same party at the… | 他和霍莉出席了同一个晚会 在… |
[05:10] | Elizabethan Club. | 伊丽莎白俱乐部举办的 |
[05:12] | Some people saw them having words. | 有人看到他们争论 |
[05:13] | “Words.” | “争论” |
[05:15] | I love how them Ivy Leaguers talk. | 我喜欢他们常青藤人的说话方式 |
[05:17] | They had a fight, okay, Dummy? | 他们就是吵架了 行了吧 笨蛋 |
[05:20] | So that’s the whole case? | 只有这些线索吗 |
[05:21] | That’s about it. | 只有这些 |
[05:22] | That’s nothing. | 没什么用 |
[05:23] | Why’d this guy get the pinch? | 那家伙为什么被捕 |
[05:24] | He lied about the affair till the DNA came back. | 直到基因检测结果出来 他才坦白了他们的关系 |
[05:27] | Then he changed his story. | 于是他改口了 |
[05:28] | How’s the Norristown murder come into play? | 为什么会扯到诺里斯敦的凶案 |
[05:30] | This hooker job had a pretty similar M.O., | 这个妓女的案子的作案手法非常相似 |
[05:32] | the antenna, the river dump. | 汽车天线 弃尸河流 |
[05:34] | Worth getting a look at that Norristown file. | 有必要看看诺里斯敦的卷宗 |
[05:36] | Vera won’t mind taking a ride. | 维拉不会介意搭个便车的 |
[05:38] | This professor still teaching Art History? | 这位教授还在教艺术史吗 |
[05:40] | English as a second language. | 教二外英语 |
[05:42] | Step or two down. | 退而求其次 |
[05:44] | Paid a high price if he’s innocent. | 他要是没罪 就会得到高薪的工作 |
[05:45] | Or if he’s guilty, | 也可能他有罪 |
[05:47] | he’s gotten a lot of free years. | 却已经逍遥法外很多年了 |
[05:49] | So, we reinvestigate him, too. | 所以 我们也要重新调查下他 |
[05:54] | Hi, we meet again. Excuse me. | 你好 我们又见面了 失陪 |
[05:56] | Professor Minard, my partner Scotty Valens. | 米纳德教授 我搭档史考特·瓦伦斯 |
[05:58] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:59] | Hi. Thank you. | 你好 谢谢 |
[06:00] | You’re very kind to call me “professor”, | 谢谢你称呼我”教授” |
[06:02] | but around here I’m just “Mr. Roy.” | 不过在这边 我只是”罗伊老师” |
[06:05] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[06:07] | So does this visit mean | 那么这次来访是不是意味着 |
[06:09] | there was something to my amateur detective’s theory? | 我这个业余探员的见解没错 |
[06:11] | We don’t know yet. | 还不能确定 |
[06:14] | I’ve filled a lot of time the last nine years | 过去九年里我花了大量时间 |
[06:16] | reading mystery novels. | 看推理小说 |
[06:17] | I thought maybe I was getting carried away. | 我想我可能有点得意忘形 |
[06:19] | Well, we haven’t seen the file from Norristown yet. | 我们还没看过诺里斯敦的卷宗 |
[06:22] | But we were wondering where you were | 不过我们想知道你当时在哪里 |
[06:27] | the uh, night that hooker got killed. | 就是那个妓女遇害的晚上 |
[06:32] | Right, um… | 好的… |
[06:40] | I teach here nights, Mondays through Thursday. | 我每周一到周四晚上在这里教课 |
[06:42] | What night was she killed? | 那天是周几 |
[06:44] | It was a Tuesday. | 周三 |
[06:45] | Then I was here. | 那我在这里 |
[06:48] | 22 other witnesses will tell you the same, | 另外有22位证人能证实 |
[06:48] | 母鸡下蛋 人躺着 | |
[06:50] | in broken but improving English. | 虽然他们英语很蹩脚 不过已经有进步了 |
[06:54] | Lying about your affair with Holly | 隐瞒你和霍莉的事 |
[06:56] | got you in a lot of hot water. | 让你惹了很多麻烦 |
[06:57] | I was arrogant. | 我太自负了 |
[07:00] | Bill Clinton lied to America about the intern. | 比尔·克林顿对美国民众隐瞒实习生的事 |
[07:05] | I lied to Philadelphia. | 我对费城民众撒了同样的谎 |
[07:06] | And you both got caught in the end. | 而你们俩最终都被抓了 |
[07:08] | I wouldn’t do it again. | 我不会再犯这错误了 |
[07:11] | DNA… | 基因… |
[07:13] | will get you every time. | 一次都不会放过你 |
[07:15] | So when Holly was killed, | 那么霍莉遇害前那阵子 |
[07:16] | how were you two getting along? | 你们俩相处得怎样 |
[07:19] | Well, in my first statement, | 我第一次的口供中 |
[07:20] | I said things were great. | 我说的是一切都很美好 |
[07:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:24] | But to be honest, | 不过老实说 |
[07:25] | there was some tension. | 她给我施加了些压力 |
[07:29] | If I had a small dinner party, would you come? | 要是我办个小型晚宴 你会不会来 |
[07:33] | Small, as in you and me? | 小型的 就你和我 |
[07:36] | Maybe six people or eight. | 大概有六到八个人 |
[07:38] | No, I wouldn’t. | 我不会来 |
[07:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[07:41] | Holly… there are rules. | 霍莉… 要遵守游戏规则 |
[07:45] | Well, I wanna see you in public. | 我想在公开场合跟你见面 |
[07:49] | You can’t. | 不可以 |
[07:50] | God, don’t you ever even think about me | 天呐 出了这间办公室 |
[07:52] | outside this office? | 你是不是想都没想过我 |
[07:53] | Sure. Thinking is perfectly fair. | 当然想 想念是不分时间地点的 |
[07:55] | Seeing each other outside of these four walls… | 但在这间屋子之外见面… |
[07:59] | it’s not possible. | 是不可能的 |
[08:00] | What if I don’t like those rules anymore? | 要是我再也不管那些规则了呢 |
[08:08] | Sounds like you laid it out pretty clear. | 听上去你好像把界线划得相当清楚 |
[08:09] | My campus and my home life stayed separate. | 我的学校工作和家庭生活没有交集 |
[08:12] | No contact outside of office hours. | 办公时间以外 我从不接触学生 |
[08:13] | Is that what you called it? | 真的是这样吗 |
[08:15] | Not even phone calls. | 连电话也不打 |
[08:16] | Here’s the deal, Roy. | 罗伊 你看这样行不行 |
[08:18] | If we’re gonna look at this case again, | 如果我们重新调查这宗案子 |
[08:19] | you gotta be an open book this time. | 你这次就不能有任何隐瞒 |
[08:20] | Done. | 好 |
[08:21] | In fact… | 事实上… |
[08:24] | Here it is. | 给 |
[08:25] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[08:26] | It’s a list of women, | 是一份女人的名单 |
[08:28] | who were also… | 她们也是… |
[08:29] | Conquests? | 你的战利品 |
[08:32] | Did you offer these names | 第一次调查的时候 |
[08:33] | in the first investigation? | 你提供过这份名单吗 |
[08:34] | No, I was pretending Holly was the only one. | 没 我假装只有霍莉一个 |
[08:37] | They’ll probably badmouth me. | 她们很可能会说我坏话 |
[08:39] | You’ll hear a lot about bad behavior, | 你们会听到很多我干的坏事 |
[08:41] | but nothing that says “murder.” | 但肯定和”谋杀”无关 |
[08:44] | I was sick in love with that jerk. | 我当时很爱那个混蛋 |
[08:46] | I see you took two different | 我发现你在92年春季 |
[08:48] | art history courses with him, spring of ’92. | 选过他教的两门艺术史 |
[08:51] | Hm, ’cause I couldn’t get enough of him. | 因为那时候我对他怎么都爱不完 |
[08:54] | You know how vile it is to know | 你知道当你发现自己跟凶手交往时 |
[08:55] | you were with a murderer? | 感觉有多恶心吗 |
[08:57] | Why do you think he’s a murderer? | 你为什么认为他是凶手 |
[08:58] | I read the papers. | 我看过报纸 |
[09:00] | He told City Magazine | 他对《都会杂志》说 |
[09:01] | he didn’t do anything to “hurt that girl.” | 他没做过任何”伤害那个姑娘的事” |
[09:04] | Pretty strange word choice, | 措辞还真诡异 |
[09:05] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[09:08] | Was he ever violent with you? | 他有没有对你使用过暴力 |
[09:11] | No. | 没有 |
[09:12] | Possessive? Scary, at all? | 他有占有欲吗 也没吓唬过你吗 |
[09:15] | No. | 没有 |
[09:16] | But you still think maybe he could have whipped | 可你还是认为他可能会抽打 |
[09:17] | and strangled with this Holly to death. | 并勒死霍莉 |
[09:19] | I read the papers. | 我看了报纸 |
[09:22] | He toyed with me my whole sophomore year. | 他玩弄了我整个大二 |
[09:25] | Treated you bad? | 对你不好 |
[09:27] | Like a piece of ass. | 他只把我当性伴侣 |
[09:29] | Seduced me with poetry and wine during office hours… | 在办公时间用诗酒引诱我… |
[09:32] | pretended not to know me if I saw him on campus. | 在校园里就装作不认识我 |
[09:35] | You think he murdered Holly? | 你觉得他谋杀了霍莉 |
[09:37] | He got a lawyer pretty fast. | 他很快就找了个律师 |
[09:39] | I’ll tell you a secret, Monique, | 告诉你一个秘密 莫妮可 |
[09:42] | that’s actually the smart thing to do. | 你说出来才明智 |
[09:44] | Seems like the guilty thing to do, to me. | 可对我来说 会很有负罪感 |
[09:48] | Roy Minard… | 罗伊·米纳德… |
[09:50] | I wouldn’t say that name too loudly around here. | 我在这里不能把那个名字说得太大声 |
[09:52] | We need to know about your relationship with him. | 我们需要了解你和他的关系 |
[09:56] | In ’94? | 在94年的时候 |
[09:58] | I’m on the faculty now. | 我现在系里任教 |
[10:00] | It’d be bad for me if that got out. | 这事要是传出去 对我影响不好 |
[10:02] | Is that why you kept it from the police nine years ago? | 所以你才会在九年前隐瞒警方 |
[10:04] | I was never asked. | 从没有人问起过我 |
[10:06] | Look, this isn’t popular opinion around campus, | 听着 虽然学校里的人大多都不这么说 |
[10:09] | but Roy didn’t kill Holly. | 但罗伊没有杀害霍莉 |
[10:12] | You don’t think so? | 你这么想吗 |
[10:13] | He was unethical but he’s not a murderer. | 他虽然没有职业道德 但他不是凶手 |
[10:15] | You didn’t think he was unethical in ’94. | 你在94年的时候没觉得他不道德 |
[10:17] | I didn’t really get what an abuse it was | 我开始教书才意识到 |
[10:19] | until I started teaching. | 我被假象迷惑了 |
[10:21] | It’s just so easy to impress students. | 要给学生留好印象是很容易的事 |
[10:24] | And Roy’s very charismatic. | 罗伊又很有魅力 |
[10:26] | We’ve met him. | 我们见识过了 |
[10:28] | Did you know Holly Richardson? | 你认识霍莉·理查德森吗 |
[10:32] | I tried to warn her not to get in too deep with Roy. | 我警告过她别跟罗伊太亲密 |
[10:35] | I talked to her that night at the Elizabethan Club. | 在伊丽莎白俱乐部的那个晚上我跟她说过 |
[10:52] | It’s not so easy seeing them in the flesh, is it? | 看到她们真实存在着 不好受吧 |
[10:55] | – What? – The wife, the kid. | -什么 -他有家室 |
[10:57] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[10:59] | Holly, this time last year, | 霍莉 去年这个时候 |
[11:00] | I was standing right where you are. | 我跟你的处境一模一样 |
[11:03] | Did you feel like you’d just been hit by a truck? | 你有没有失魂落魄的感觉 |
[11:06] | Yeah. | 有 |
[11:07] | He’s happy with them. | 他跟她们在一起很开心 |
[11:08] | He won’t leave. | 他不会离开她们的 |
[11:09] | Why does he have affairs if he’s so happy? | 他要是那么开心 为什么还要搞婚外情 |
[11:11] | I don’t know his psychology. | 我看不透他的心思 |
[11:13] | But there’s a new girl every year. | 不过他每个学年都换个新的 |
[11:16] | And the year’s almost over. | 而这个学年就快结束了 |
[11:21] | I think it’s different this time. | 我觉得这次会不一样 |
[11:28] | I felt for her. I, I was her at one point. | 我同情她 我一度跟她一样 |
[11:31] | But she was upset at him… not the other way around. | 可她对他感到生气… 而不是反过来 |
[11:39] | So after two hours of making copies | 我们花了两小时来复印 |
[11:41] | of every page from this Norristown job… | 诺里斯敦案子的每一页材料… |
[11:43] | Stillman told us about the flat tire. | 斯蒂尔曼跟我们说了爆胎的事 |
[11:45] | Yeah, that precinct’s copier was from the mimeograph era. | 对 那台辖区复印机有好些年头了 |
[11:48] | Look, guys, it was bad luck. | 瞧 伙计们 你们真不走运 |
[11:49] | Yeah, well, we finish up your dog call, | 对 我们挂了你们的催命电话 |
[11:51] | finally get out of traffic on Ridge Pike… | 总算开过了拥挤的帕克岭… |
[11:53] | Prostitute’s name was Lenore Grandy. | 妓女名叫丽诺尔·格兰迪 |
[11:56] | And bam! | 然后砰的一声 |
[11:57] | And we were in the fast lane. | 而我们当时在快车道上 |
[11:58] | Vera, Jeffries thank you. | 维拉 杰弗里斯 谢了 |
[12:00] | You risked your very lives for this job. | 你们为了这案子 真是豁出去了 |
[12:02] | Hey, guys, can we talk about | 伙计们 现在我们可以讨论 |
[12:03] | Lenore Grandy now? | 丽诺尔·格兰迪了吗 |
[12:05] | Whipped 14 times with a car antenna, | 她被汽车天线抽打了14下 |
[12:06] | then strangled with it. | 然后被勒死了 |
[12:07] | And dumped in the Schuylkill. | 随后被弃尸斯古吉尔河 |
[12:09] | That’s just like Holly. | 跟霍莉的死法一样 |
[12:11] | But here’s the money. | 关键的来了 |
[12:15] | Lenore… Holly. | 丽诺尔… 霍莉 |
[12:26] | Gotta be the same doer. | 肯定是同一个凶手 |
[12:27] | How did no one catch this? | 之前怎么没人发觉这点 |
[12:28] | Different counties. Computer don’t talk. | 发生在不同的郡 电脑没法识别 |
[12:30] | Roy Minard have an alibi for the second murder? | 第二宗凶案中 罗伊·米纳德有不在场证明吗 |
[12:32] | Teaching his class that night. It checked out. | 那晚他在上课 已经查证了 |
[12:34] | Maybe he did get the Jewell treatment. | 或许墙倒众人推吧 |
[12:38] | I got something we can run with. | 我找到点线索 |
[12:40] | Yeah. | 什么 |
[12:40] | Cross-referenced the names from vice sweeps in Norristown | 我对照了诺里斯敦的稽查行动 |
[12:43] | with the university alumni records. | 和大学毕业生记录的名册 |
[12:45] | Two hits. | 排查出两个人 |
[12:46] | Clarence Grimes. | 克莱伦斯·格兰姆斯 |
[12:47] | Graduated 20 years ago. | 毕业于二十年前 |
[12:49] | He wouldn’t know Holly. | 他应该不认识霍莉 |
[12:50] | Yeah, but Barry Tepler would. | 对 不过巴里·特普勒应该认识 |
[12:53] | He was in school same time as her. | 他跟她同时入学 |
[12:55] | He only lives eight blocks | 他的住所离丽诺尔被弃点 |
[12:56] | from where Lenore was dumped. | 只有八个街区 |
[13:01] | I don’t have… people over… | 我没什么客人 |
[13:06] | We’re here about Holly Richardson. | 我们来这儿是为了霍莉·理查德森 |
[13:09] | Don’t bring her up. | 不要提起她 |
[13:11] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[13:12] | I stay away from Holly, just like she told me to. | 我听霍莉的话 离她远远的 |
[13:15] | Holly told you stay away, Barry? | 霍莉要你离她远点吗 巴里 |
[13:17] | She invited me home for Thanksgiving… | 她邀请我去她家过感恩节… |
[13:19] | I misinterpreted her gesture of friendship | 我把她表示友好的行为 |
[13:22] | for a deeper interest, | 错当成是想发展关系 |
[13:23] | but I changed my behavior | 但是当她表达了她的真实感觉后 |
[13:25] | when she relayed her true feelings. | 我就不向她示爱了 |
[13:29] | Your therapist tell you that? | 你的医生这么跟你说的 |
[13:31] | Or lawyer? | 还是律师跟你说的 |
[13:33] | When she asked me to leave her alone… I did. | 她要我别搭理她的时候 我照做了 |
[13:43] | Hi. | 你好 |
[13:45] | What you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[13:46] | I go to school here. | 我来这里上课 |
[13:48] | Well, you don’t have any classes in Williams Hall. | 行了 你在威廉姆斯楼没课 |
[13:51] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见你 |
[13:53] | Barry, you’re following me. | 巴里 你在跟踪我 |
[13:55] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[13:57] | I’m not interested in you in that way. | 我对你没那种感觉 |
[13:59] | You took me to meet your parents. | 你带我去见了你的父母 |
[14:01] | It was Thanksgiving. | 那是因为感恩节 |
[14:03] | You had nowhere else to go. | 你没地方去 |
[14:04] | Well, can we talk about it, or… | 我们能不能谈谈 或者… |
[14:05] | No. Nope. | 不 不行 |
[14:06] | I don’t wanna talk about it, | 我不想谈这个 |
[14:07] | I don’t want you to call me or follow me. | 我也不希望你打我电话或跟踪我 |
[14:11] | And I don’t want any more letters. | 我也不想再收到情书了 |
[14:13] | Those are yours. | 那些是你的 |
[14:14] | No, they’re yours. | 不 是你的 |
[14:28] | So you stalked Holly. | 那么说 你跟踪霍莉 |
[14:29] | I pursued her with too much enthusiasm. | 我追她追得太凶了 |
[14:33] | You still have those letters, Barry? | 你还留着那些情书吗 巴里 |
[14:35] | No. | 没 |
[14:36] | You save dental reminders from three years ago, | 你存着三年前的牙科诊费催缴单 |
[14:38] | but not those letters? | 却没有留下那些情书 |
[14:42] | I… I was in my dorm room when she was killed. | 她被杀的那天 我在宿舍里 |
[14:46] | Where were you when Lenore Grandy was killed? | 丽诺尔·格兰迪被杀的时候呢 |
[14:49] | I don’t know who that is. | 我不认识那个人 |
[14:50] | A hooker. | 一个妓女 |
[14:51] | Murdered December 30th, eight blocks from here. | 12月30日遇害 离这儿八个街区 |
[14:55] | That’s a Tuesday. Tuesdays I paint. | 那天是周二 周二我要画画 |
[14:57] | I have therapy at 5:00, | 5点我要去看医生 |
[14:58] | then I go to Wawa for a Red Bull, | 然后我去娃娃超市买了瓶红牛 |
[15:01] | uh, get a Newsweek, I’m home by 10:00. | 买了份《新闻周刊》 10点前就到家了 |
[15:04] | Plenty of time for prostitute on that schedule. | 按那个日程表 你有很多时间可以招妓 |
[15:07] | I don’t use prostitutes. | 我不招妓 |
[15:10] | Risperdol. You got schizophrenia? | 维思通 你有精神分裂症 |
[15:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:16] | Hear voices? | 有幻听 |
[15:17] | God talking through the garbage? | 会从杂音中听到上帝的声音 |
[15:19] | I’m better now. | 我现在好多了 |
[15:20] | It’s tough getting better. | 很难好起来 |
[15:21] | You stop taking these, you can fall into psychotic behavior. | 一旦停药 你就会有精神病行为 |
[15:23] | I take’em. | 我在吃 |
[15:24] | Well, maybe you lapsed right around December 30th, | 好吧 也可能你在12月30日左右没吃药 |
[15:26] | voices started saying you should hurt that hooker. | 有个声音对你说 你应该伤害那个妓女 |
[15:28] | I don’t go near those whores! | 我从不接近那些妓女 |
[15:31] | Yeah, he comes here all the time. | 对 他一直来这里 |
[15:33] | Hangs around and tries to talk to us. | 在附近徘徊 想要跟我们说话 |
[15:35] | He ever talk to your friend Lenore? | 他有没有跟你的朋友丽诺尔说过话 |
[15:36] | Oh, he especially liked her. | 他特别喜欢她 |
[15:38] | Stared at her from across the street. | 总在街对面盯着她看 |
[15:40] | He the one killed her? | 他是凶手吗 |
[15:41] | Uh, we don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[15:43] | I figured it was a bad John did it. | 我以为是哪个混蛋嫖客干的 |
[15:46] | This kid was never Lenore’s trick? | 这个年轻人从没光顾过丽诺尔吗 |
[15:48] | He walked up to her once, though. | 不过他有一次走到她跟前 |
[15:50] | Said he loved her flaxen hair | 说他爱上了她亚麻色的头发 |
[15:52] | and asked would she go back with him. | 问她愿不愿意跟他回去 |
[15:53] | – She go? – Hell, no! | -她去了吗 -当然没有 |
[15:55] | He didn’t have no money. | 他是个穷光蛋 |
[15:58] | Man! I never would’ve thought it could’ve been this creep. | 伙计 我从没想过会遇到这么恐怖的事 |
[16:01] | We don’t know that it is, Trish. | 我们也不知道会这样 崔西 |
[16:02] | You know… | 你知道 |
[16:03] | I thought you guys would’ve blown Lenore off. | 我以为你们才懒得管丽诺尔的案子 |
[16:05] | Dead hooker, who cares? | 一个死掉的妓女 谁会关心 |
[16:08] | No one’s getting blown off. | 没人会被放任不管 |
[16:12] | Come here. | 跟我来 |
[16:14] | I wanna show you something. | 我给你看点东西 |
[16:23] | Get in. | 上车 |
[16:24] | Hey! Not you, her. | 不是你 是她 |
[16:38] | Tight fit in here, huh? | 这里还真紧凑 |
[16:39] | I’m not staying anywhere right now. | 我现在哪里都不敢待 |
[16:42] | Lenore and me met | 我跟丽诺尔 |
[16:43] | while we were studying to be beauticians. | 是在美容师培训课上遇到的 |
[16:45] | We hit it off right away. | 我们一见如故 |
[16:49] | Look. That’s us. | 看 这是我们的合照 |
[16:53] | Best friend, huh? | 是死党吧 |
[16:54] | Figured you should have a real picture of her, | 我想你们应该有她本人的照片 |
[16:56] | not some mug shot. | 而不是什么大头贴 |
[16:59] | What’s this one? | 这个是什么 |
[17:01] | Lenore had this rich John. | 丽诺尔有个嫖客很有钱 |
[17:03] | He was gonna divorce, | 他当时正要离婚 |
[17:04] | so he gave Lenore the diamond earings | 所以他把才给他老婆买的 |
[17:06] | he had just bought for his wife. | 这对钻石耳环给了丽诺尔 |
[17:07] | Nice. | 很漂亮 |
[17:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:09] | Instead of just keeping it for herself, | 她没有自己留着 |
[17:11] | she gives me one. | 送了一个给我 |
[17:12] | We made friendship rings… but for the belly. | 我们有了友谊之环 不过成了脐环 |
[17:17] | Lenore had the other one, huh? | 另一个在丽诺尔那里吧 |
[17:18] | She wore it all the time. | 她一直戴着 |
[17:21] | Any mention of a diamond belly ring | 诺里斯敦的报告里提到过 |
[17:23] | in the Norristown report? | 这只钻石脐环吗 |
[17:25] | Uh, no. Doer probably took it. | 没 可能被凶手拿走了 |
[17:35] | You the detectives? | 你们是探员 |
[17:36] | Rush and Valens. | 我们是拉什和维拉 |
[17:42] | This is difficult for us. | 我们很难接受 |
[17:44] | We only had one child. | 我们只有一个孩子 |
[17:46] | We understand. | 我们明白 |
[17:47] | We already know who killed our daughter. | 我们已经知道是谁杀了我们的女儿了 |
[17:48] | Uh, we have another suspect we wanna ask you about. | 我们想问另一个嫌犯的事 |
[17:52] | Hmm. Maybe I wasn’t clear. | 我可能没说清楚 |
[17:55] | Roy Minard killed Holly. | 是罗伊·米纳德杀了霍莉 |
[17:58] | Maybe I wasn’t clear. | 可能是我没说清楚 |
[18:00] | We’re Homicide and we’re looking at someone else. | 我们是凶案组的 我们在调查另一个人 |
[18:03] | Who? | 谁 |
[18:05] | Barry Tepler. | 巴里·特普勒 |
[18:06] | He went to college with Holly. | 他跟霍莉就读同一所大学 |
[18:08] | He was here for Thanksgiving. | 他在这里过了感恩节 |
[18:09] | That kid was harmless. | 那孩子不会杀人 |
[18:10] | Mr. Richardson, if someone else is responsible, | 理查德森先生 如果是其他人干的 |
[18:13] | don’t you wanna know that? | 你不想知道吗 |
[18:14] | I know who killed Holly. | 我知道是谁杀了霍莉 |
[18:15] | A father knows. | 作为父亲 我很清楚 |
[18:20] | Well, Barry was infatuated with your daughter. | 巴里很迷恋你的女儿 |
[18:22] | So was Minard. | 米纳德也是 |
[18:24] | I’ll come back early, | 要是你能违反规则 |
[18:26] | if you break the rules and come see a movie with me in public. | 跟我一起公开去看电影 我就早点回来 |
[18:30] | I gotta go. My mom has the cake out. | 我得走了 我妈把蛋糕拿出来了 |
[18:34] | Is that for me? | 是给我的吗 |
[18:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:42] | A ticket to Paris? | 去巴黎的机票 |
[18:45] | – Who was that on the phone? – A friend from school. | -谁来的电话 -学校里的一个朋友 |
[18:48] | A man called for you earlier. | 先前有个男的打来电话找你 |
[18:50] | Dad, I’m not a kid. | 爸 我不是小孩子了 |
[18:53] | Then talk to me like an adult. | 那就拿出成年人的样子 直说吧 |
[18:57] | Um… he is my art history professor. | 他是教我艺术史的教授 |
[19:04] | He seduced her. | 他勾引她 |
[19:06] | He fell in love with her… and who wouldn’t? | 他爱上了她 谁不会呢 |
[19:10] | She was just so damn special. | 她太与众不同了 |
[19:14] | Thought you kept your home | 我以为你会把家庭 |
[19:15] | and campus life separate, Roy. | 和学校分得很清楚 罗伊 |
[19:16] | Not even a phone call. Ain’t that what he said? | 连电话也不打 那不是他说的吗 |
[19:18] | That’s right. | 对 |
[19:20] | Except you called Holly on her birthday. | 除了霍莉生日那天 你给她打了电话 |
[19:22] | At her parents’ house. | 打到她父母家 |
[19:23] | That’s right. I did. | 对 我打了 |
[19:26] | Open book. | 说了不要隐瞒 |
[19:28] | – You remember, Roy? – I’d forgotten about that. | -你记得吗 罗伊 -那件事我忘了 |
[19:30] | And maybe you were a little more | 你对霍莉投入的感情 |
[19:31] | invested in Holly than you’re telling us. | 可能比你对我们说的更深些 |
[19:33] | You got some other motive here, Minard? | 米纳德 你是不是有其它的动机 |
[19:37] | My motive was to get my life and my career back. | 我的动机就是让我的生活和事业回到正轨 |
[19:41] | As far as the phone call’s concerned, | 至于那通电话 |
[19:42] | Holly… insisted | 霍莉坚持要我 |
[19:44] | that I call her on her birthday. | 在她生日那天给她打电话 |
[19:46] | Said if I didn’t, she was gonna call me. | 她说如果我不打 她就打给我 |
[19:49] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[19:49] | You said your wife knew about the affairs. | 你说过你妻子知道你的婚外情 |
[19:51] | Knowing about it in the back of your mind | 潜意识里知道是一回事 |
[19:53] | and hearing a girl’s voice | 电话里听到一个女孩的声音 |
[19:55] | on the line… | 又是另一回事… |
[19:56] | they’re two differnt things. | 两者截然不同 |
[19:57] | Holly told her dad | 霍莉跟她爸说 |
[19:58] | she broke things off with you in April. | 她在4月跟你分手了 |
[20:01] | But you were still going strong in May. | 但你们在5月交往还如胶似漆 |
[20:03] | You’d tell your dad the truth about your sex life? | 你会向你爸交代你的性生活吗 |
[20:06] | What’s all that? | 那都是些什么 |
[20:11] | Two hundred and twenty-eight… | 两百二十八篇… |
[20:14] | articles on Roy Minard… | 写罗伊·米纳德的文章… |
[20:17] | Murderer. | 说我是凶手 |
[20:22] | The President’s Award for Outstanding Lecturer. | 校长特设杰出讲师奖 |
[20:25] | Why can’t they put that on the news? | 他们为什么不在新闻里提这点 |
[20:27] | People like a story. | 人们总是喜欢听故事 |
[20:31] | You’re a postmodernist. | 你是一个后现代主义艺术家 |
[20:35] | A what? | 一个什么 |
[20:36] | Well, that’s the crux of the theory, anyway. | 反正那是这个理论的关键 |
[20:38] | Social construction of reality. | 现实世界的社会构建 |
[20:40] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[20:41] | Society needs a narrative. | 社会需要故事 |
[20:43] | You know, given seemingly random | 你知道 只要有一定的看似随机的 |
[20:44] | facts and events, | 事实和事件 |
[20:45] | we need to weave them into a story. | 我们就需要把它们编成故事 |
[20:50] | Otherwise, the world wouldn’t make any sense. | 否则 这个世界就没有任何意义 |
[20:54] | I can see that. | 我可以理解 |
[20:55] | How do we process this beautiful young girl | 我们怎么处理这个年轻漂亮的女孩 |
[20:58] | dying? | 死亡的故事 |
[20:59] | We can’t. | 没办法 |
[21:01] | Not without a perpetrator. | 必须有一个凶手 |
[21:03] | And so, if one isn’t obvious, | 所以 如果没有明显的嫌犯 |
[21:04] | we find one. | 我们就找一个 |
[21:05] | We assign the blame. | 把责任归咎于他 |
[21:06] | It makes the story complete. | 这个故事就完整了 |
[21:08] | It’s an action– explanation. | 这是一种行为 叫剖白 |
[21:10] | Order restored. | 于是秩序也恢复了 |
[21:12] | Why people gotta believe in God, too. | 人们也因此信仰上帝 |
[21:14] | Mm-hmm. Exactly. | 就是这样 |
[21:17] | Too many unanswerables without Him. | 没有上帝的话 就会有太多问题无解 |
[21:21] | Makes some sense. | 有点道理 |
[21:23] | Well, I’d be even more fascinated | 如果没有充当绿叶的话 |
[21:25] | if I weren’t the foil of it all, | 我会更能投入故事情节 |
[21:26] | but, yes, it does. | 可惜 正是如此 |
[21:29] | It makes some sense. | 有点道理吧 |
[21:35] | Kite! | 凯特 |
[21:37] | Uh, office is closed, Rush. | 下班了 拉什 |
[21:40] | Seven O’clock? | 7点就下班 |
[21:42] | Yeah, well, | 是的 |
[21:42] | spare me the Homicide mantra: | 别再说凶案组真言 |
[21:44] | “When your days ends, ours just begins.” | “你们已经下班 我们才刚开始” |
[21:47] | – It’s true. – Yeah, I’ve seen the T-shirt. | -说得对 -好吧 我看到广告衫了 |
[21:49] | I don’t know what I’d do with myself if I went home at 7:00. | 我要是7点回家 就没方向了 |
[21:55] | Uh, you remember the Holly Richardson job? | 你记得霍莉·理查德森的案子吗 |
[21:58] | Yeah, everybody wanted that one. | 记得 每个人都想破那个案子 |
[21:59] | Why? There’s nothing on it. | 为什么 这案子又没什么特别 |
[22:01] | Pretty Ivy League girl, philandering professor, | 有常青藤美女和风流教授 |
[22:03] | kind of case gets you on Court TV. | 这案子能让你上《庭审纪实》 |
[22:05] | Where you’d look like a fool, | 上那节目会像个傻子 |
[22:06] | ’cause the commonwealth had crap? | 因为联邦政府养的都是废物 |
[22:08] | I guess. Have you eaten? | 应该是 你吃过了吗 |
[22:09] | Look, I need a search warrant on this kid Barry. | 听着 我需要对巴里的搜查令 |
[22:12] | Do you know any Norristown DA’s? | 你有没有认识的诺里斯敦案的地检官 |
[22:13] | – ‘Cause I haven’t eaten. – I need it right away. | -我还没吃过 -我马上就要 |
[22:15] | This kid knows we’re looking at him. | 这孩子知道我们在调查他 |
[22:18] | Sit with me. We’ll run the case. | 陪我坐坐 顺便聊聊这案子 |
[22:19] | Or we can do it tomorrow. | 要不就明天处理 |
[22:20] | I’ve got, like, 15 minutes at 4:30. | 我4点半可以抽出15分钟 |
[22:33] | Barry Tepler fits for both jobs. | 巴里·特普勒符合这两宗案子的作案条件 |
[22:35] | Oh, I got a narrative on him. | 我给他编了一个故事 |
[22:37] | A what? | 一个什么 |
[22:38] | A story that adds up. | 一个讲得通的故事 |
[22:40] | He had it bad for Holly, right? | 他对霍莉一片痴情 对吗 |
[22:41] | Gets rejected by her. | 但被她拒绝了 |
[22:43] | Then he’s hanging around this hooker Lenore the last few months. | 于是前几个月他常常去妓女丽诺尔那里 |
[22:46] | Who he claims he didn’t know. | 他声称不认识她 |
[22:47] | Who also rejected him. | 她也拒绝了他 |
[22:49] | Both girls are end up dead in the water. | 这两个女孩都死在河里 |
[22:51] | Well, if he’s so in love with’em, | 如果他真的那么爱她们 |
[22:52] | why no sexual element to these murders? | 为什么这两桩谋杀案都没有性侵犯的痕迹 |
[22:54] | Well, Barry’s schizophrenic. | 巴里有精神分裂症 |
[22:56] | A lot of people with that condition, no sex drive. | 很多人得了那病 都没有性冲动 |
[22:58] | And the voices you hear, they’re powerful. | 那个幻听到的声音 非常有影响力 |
[23:00] | They tell you to kill someone, you do it. | 那声音让你杀人 你就会照做 |
[23:04] | You’re, uh, knowledgeable, huh? | 你真见多识广 |
[23:08] | Yeah. | 是 |
[23:09] | I know someone. | 我认识这种人 |
[23:12] | Where’s Lil? | 阿莉在哪里 |
[23:14] | Asking a warrant for Barry’s. | 在申请对巴里家的搜查令 |
[23:15] | To find the hooker’s belly ring, those letters to Holly. | 找出那妓女的脐环 还有给霍莉的情书 |
[23:18] | Maybe he starts owning up. | 也许他就会坦白了 |
[23:21] | All right. | 好吧 |
[23:21] | Good night, Scotty. | 晚安 史考特 |
[23:22] | Yeah. | 晚安 |
[23:27] | So Roy Minard is innocent after all? | 所以罗伊·米纳德是无辜的 |
[23:30] | Hard to assume anything | 很难下结论 |
[23:31] | but this Barry kid makes… | 不过这个叫巴里的年轻人… |
[23:34] | more sense. | 更加可疑 |
[23:36] | So what’s he like Minard? | 那么米纳德这人怎么样 |
[23:39] | Kind of a cad. | 像个风流种 |
[23:41] | But a charming one? | 但是很有魅力 |
[23:43] | I guess. | 应该是 |
[23:45] | So you figure | 那么在你看来 |
[23:46] | a guy’s bad news if he mixes work and pleasure? | 把工作和寻欢作乐混为一谈的人都很讨厌 |
[23:49] | I don’t have a big opinion on that. | 我对那个倒没什么意见 |
[23:54] | So, uh, I’ll call | 那么 我明早 |
[23:55] | this Norristown guy in the morning. | 给这个诺里斯敦的地检官打电话 |
[23:56] | How come we always talk about work? | 为什么我们总在聊公事 |
[23:58] | ‘Cause we work together. | 因为我们是同事 |
[23:59] | Well, tell me something personal. | 跟我聊点私人话题 |
[24:01] | No! | 不行 |
[24:03] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[24:06] | Come on, Rush. Why not? | 拜托 拉什 为什么不行 |
[24:09] | Because… | 因为… |
[24:10] | I’m bad at that, and… | 我不擅长说那个 而且… |
[24:15] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[24:16] | Well, let me walk you. | 我送你 |
[24:17] | -我没事的 我走了 -当心… | |
[24:21] | You know… stand still, okay? | 站着别动 行吗 |
[24:25] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[24:27] | I’m gonna kiss you. | 我要吻你 |
[24:28] | No. | 不要 |
[24:29] | Just give it a try. | 就试一下 |
[24:34] | Come on… | 拜托… |
[24:36] | Come on, Rush. | 拜托 拉什 |
[24:37] | All you, all you gotta do is stand there. | 你要做的就是站着别动 |
[24:39] | Don’t panic. | 别慌 |
[24:40] | It’s over in three seconds. | 三秒钟就结束 |
[25:18] | So sit with that overnight and, uh… | 适应一晚上 然后… |
[25:23] | see how it settles in. | 慢慢就习惯了 |
[25:45] | Everything has its place. Everything has its… | 物归原处 物归原处… |
[25:48] | Everything has its place. | 物归原处 |
[25:50] | Read the warrant; we got a right. | 看搜查令 我们有权这么做 |
[25:53] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你们为什么要这样对我 |
[25:54] | What did I do wrong? | 我做错了什么 |
[25:55] | You lied about that flaxen-haired hooker, | 你骗我们说不认识那个亚麻色头发的妓女 |
[25:57] | asking her home and all. | 你还邀请她来你家 等等 |
[25:58] | I just wanted to paint her. | 我只是想给她画个像 |
[26:06] | Pay dirt. | 找到宝了 |
[26:08] | Guess you lied about having these letters to Holly, too. | 你也说没留着这些给霍莉的情书 |
[26:11] | Please don’t take those. | 请不要拿走那些 |
[26:13] | Got to read’em, Barry. | 巴里 我要念出来 |
[26:16] | They sent you to ruin my life. | 他们派你们来毁掉我的生活 |
[26:20] | I know… | 我就知道 |
[26:21] | they watch outside in the shadows, | 他们在外面暗中监视 |
[26:24] | in the closet, behind the coats… | 就在壁橱里面 大衣后面… |
[26:26] | Stress is bringing on an episode. | 紧张推动情节发展 |
[26:27] | You think I can’t hear them? | 你以为我听不到吗 |
[26:28] | Take him out for some air, will you? | 带他出去散散心 好吗 |
[26:29] | That high pitch? Huh? | 这么高的音 |
[26:32] | Like a whistle? | 像哨子一样 |
[26:33] | That tries to make you crazy? | 那能把你逼疯 |
[26:41] | What’s it say? | 上面写了什么 |
[26:47] | “To my Holly: | “致我的霍莉” |
[26:49] | “If thou wilt needs marry, marry a fool | “如果你需要嫁人 那就嫁一个傻瓜” |
[26:51] | for wise men know well enough | “因为聪明人清楚地知道” |
[26:53] | what monsters you make of them.” | “你们要把他们变成什么样的怪物” |
[26:56] | Some kind of poetry? | 是什么诗吗 |
[26:59] | Maybe Shakespeare? | 也许是莎士比亚的 |
[27:01] | No belly ring at Barry’s? | 巴里家没找到脐环 |
[27:03] | Mm. Turned his place inside out. | 已经把他家都翻遍了 |
[27:05] | Maybe sold it for cash. | 可能已经给卖了 |
[27:07] | “Who set this | “这一场宿怨” |
[27:08] | ancient quarrel new abroach?” | “是谁又重新煽风点火” |
[27:10] | What the hell? I thought this was about a girl on a balcony. | 搞什么 我以为就讲了一个阳台上的姑娘 |
[27:12] | Just find the quote from Barry’s letter. | 只要找巴里情书里的引文就行了 |
[27:14] | Well, hold up. | 别着急 |
[27:15] | “Is your name Shylock?” | “你是夏洛克吗” |
[27:17] | That’s not the quote. | 那个不是引文 |
[27:18] | I know– it’s just the first thing | 我知道 只是我第一个 |
[27:20] | I’ve understood in about an hour. | 花了差不多一个钟头才看明白的东西 |
[27:22] | It’s here, in Hamlet. | 找到了 出自《哈姆莱特》 |
[27:23] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[27:24] | “If thou wilt needs marry, | “如果你需要嫁人” |
[27:26] | marry a fool; | “那就嫁一个傻瓜” |
[27:27] | for wise men know well enough | “因为聪明人清楚地知道” |
[27:28] | what monsters you make of them. | “你们要把他们变成什么样的怪物” |
[27:31] | To a nunnery, go, and quickly, too.” | “到修道院去 快去” |
[27:35] | Hamlet says it to Ophelia. | 是哈姆莱特对奥菲莉娅说的 |
[27:37] | Looks like it was a one-sided kind of love. | 看上去像是单恋 |
[27:39] | He rejects her. | 他拒绝了她 |
[27:40] | – But Barry was the one rejected. – Right. | -不过被拒绝的是巴里 -对 |
[27:43] | Flip to the back. How’s it end? | 翻到最后 结局怎样 |
[27:46] | Uh, she… goes mad and drowns. | 她疯了 然后淹死了 |
[27:49] | Both our vics were found in the drink. | 两个死者被发现的时候都被浸在河里 |
[27:51] | The “drink”? You the Bard now? | “浸在河里” 你现在成莎翁了 |
[27:54] | Monster could mean… Barry’s illness. | 怪物可能指巴里的病 |
[27:57] | He blames it on Holly? | 他把病归咎于霍莉 |
[27:58] | Let’s find out. | 一查便知 |
[27:59] | About that belly ring, Scotty’s right. | 关于那个脐环 史考特说得对 |
[28:02] | Barry could’ve sold it, | 巴里可能已经把它变卖了 |
[28:03] | you wanna check consignment and pawn shops? | 你要去查一下寄售商店和当铺吗 |
[28:04] | Yeah. Once I’m finished with this scintillating play. | 好 等我看完这个才华横溢的剧本就去 |
[28:10] | Selling or buying? | 卖还是买 |
[28:11] | Buying. | 买 |
[28:12] | Pawn shop on the corner said you might have what we want. | 拐角那家当铺说你这里可能有我们想要的 |
[28:16] | Don’t give that schmuck your business. | 别跟那个蠢货做买卖 |
[28:17] | The schmuck that has this… | 哪个蠢货有这个… |
[28:19] | diamond belly ring… | 钻石脐环… |
[28:22] | is the one gets our business. | 我们就跟他做买卖 |
[28:25] | Just got some vintage cufflinks. | 我刚买了些古老的袖扣 |
[28:26] | The belly ring. That’s all we want. | 我们只要脐环 别的不要 |
[28:28] | You’re missing out, fellas. | 伙计们 你们真错过了宝贝 |
[28:30] | They’re tigereye. | 它们可是用虎眼石做的 |
[28:33] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[28:35] | This what you had in mind? | 这是你们想要的吗 |
[28:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:39] | Exactly. | 就是这个 |
[28:40] | Nice stone. Two carats. | 很漂亮的宝石 两克拉 |
[28:41] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[28:43] | Ten Bens. | 一千块 |
[28:44] | Call the seller– | 去跟卖家说 |
[28:46] | tell him to come down here and collect his dough. | 叫他来这里收钱 |
[28:48] | So you saw you and Holly as a kind of | 那么你把你自己和霍莉看作是 |
[28:50] | modern-day Hamlet and Ophelia, huh? | 现代版的哈姆莱特和奥菲莉娅 |
[28:53] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[28:54] | That didn’t end well for that chick in the play, Barry. | 巴里 剧本里的小妞可没好下场 |
[28:56] | Didn’t end well for Holly, either. | 霍莉也没好下场 |
[28:58] | It’s just a letter. | 一封情书罢了 |
[29:01] | “Wise men know well enough | “聪明人清楚地知道” |
[29:03] | what monsters you make of them.” | “你们要把他们变成什么样的怪物” |
[29:04] | You saying she made you into a monster? | 你想说她把你变成了怪物 |
[29:06] | No, passion. Passion is the monster. | 不是她 是爱情 爱情才是怪物 |
[29:10] | I just… I… | 我只是… 我… |
[29:12] | I wanted to get her attention, | 我想引起她的注意 |
[29:14] | show her I was sensitive. | 让她知道我很体贴 |
[29:16] | Not like that old… guy she was seeing. | 不像她眼里的那个老家伙 |
[29:19] | Oh, you knew about Minard? | 你认识米纳德吗 |
[29:22] | He shouldn’t date students. | 他不该跟学生约会 |
[29:23] | It’s not an equal relationship. | 这种感情是不平等的 |
[29:27] | So when Holly was stupid enough | 所以当霍莉表现得很麻木 |
[29:29] | not to be moved by your borrowed poetry… | 并没有被你借用的诗句打动… |
[29:31] | Throw those letters back in your face. | 还把那些情书毫不客气地扔还给你 |
[29:33] | When she stayed in her unequal relationship with Minard, | 当她继续和米纳德维持不平等的关系 |
[29:35] | and told you to leave her the hell alone, | 还要你离她远点的时候 |
[29:37] | you wanted to punish her. | 你就想要惩罚她 |
[29:38] | Followed her that night, | 那天晚上你跟踪她 |
[29:39] | snapped off an antenna, | 折断一根汽车天线 |
[29:40] | then whip, whip, whip, | 然后抽打 抽打 抽打 |
[29:41] | strangel, strangle. | 勒死她 勒死她 |
[29:42] | Splash. | 扑通 |
[29:48] | I saw her that night. | 那天晚上我看到她了 |
[29:53] | But I only talked to her. | 但我只是跟她说了几句话 |
[29:58] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[30:03] | Well, I know I’m… I’m not supposed to come near you… | 我知道我不应该靠近你 |
[30:05] | No, it’s all right, you can. | 不 没关系 |
[30:11] | I, uh… | 我… |
[30:18] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[30:22] | I found out what a bitch I am. | 我发现自己真是个婊子 |
[30:25] | You’re not a bitch. | 你不是婊子 |
[30:27] | I saw Minard’s wife… | 我看到了米纳德的妻子… |
[30:29] | and their kid. | 还有他们的孩子 |
[30:31] | They’re real. | 他们是真实存在的 |
[30:34] | I pretended they weren’t, but… | 我假装他们并不存在 但是… |
[30:36] | they’re a family. | 他们才是一家人 |
[30:37] | Guy’s not right for you anyway. | 反正是那个男人也不适合你 |
[30:40] | Oh. Well, he doesn’t think so. | 他可不这么想 |
[30:42] | He wants to stay together. | 他想跟我在一起 |
[30:43] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:47] | But, you know, the truth is, | 但是 其实 |
[30:50] | I don’t care about him. | 我不在乎他 |
[30:52] | I was just playing a game, | 我只是在玩游戏 |
[30:54] | but I… I don’t love him. | 但我不爱他 |
[30:58] | Maybe… | 也许… |
[31:04] | Maybe you could love me. | 也许你可以爱我 |
[31:07] | No. | 不 |
[31:10] | I’ll never love you, either. | 我也永远不会爱你 |
[31:22] | Girl you love says that to you, | 你爱的女孩对你说出那种话 |
[31:23] | and you just… get up and go back to the dorm? | 而你只是起身回到宿舍 |
[31:27] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:28] | We didn’t hear it like that, Barry. | 巴里 我们听到的可不是那样 |
[31:31] | We heard Holly was pissed off at Minard after that party. | 听说派对结束后霍莉对米纳德发脾气 |
[31:34] | Lil. | 阿莉 |
[31:42] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[31:43] | Holly’s mother called. | 霍莉的妈妈打来电话 |
[31:49] | I won’t fight you. | 我不会打你 |
[31:50] | I don’t care how many times you hit me, | 我不介意你打我几拳 |
[31:51] | – Mr. Richardson. – I’m not gonna hit you back. | -理查德森先生 -我不会还击 |
[31:53] | This won’t solve anything. | 暴力不能解决任何问题 |
[31:55] | You won’t take care of this guy, | 你们不愿意惩治这个家伙 |
[31:56] | I’ll do it myself. | 那我自己来解决 |
[31:57] | I am taking care of it. I’m reinvestigating. | 我在处理 我正在重新调查 |
[31:59] | Holly was an innocent girl, | 霍莉是个天真的女孩 |
[32:01] | and this bastard… | 是这个混蛋… |
[32:03] | – took advantage… – I was wrong. | -占了… -我错了 |
[32:05] | Okay? I shouldn’t have been with her. | 行吗 我不应该和她在一起 |
[32:07] | You have every reason to hate me for that, | 你完全有理由恨我 |
[32:08] | but I did not hurt Holly. | 但我没有伤害霍莉 |
[32:09] | Don’t say that. | 别解释了 |
[32:11] | I know you did it. I know it. | 我知道是你干的 我知道 |
[32:13] | Please let me handle this. | 请交给我来处理 |
[32:20] | I miss her. | 我想她 |
[32:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:32] | Holly was special. | 霍莉很特别 |
[32:34] | M-Maybe you don’t wanna hear that from me, | 也许你不想听我说这些 |
[32:37] | but she talked about you all the time. | 但她一直提起你 |
[32:39] | She adored you. | 她崇拜你 |
[32:47] | I know he did it. | 我知道是他干的 |
[33:04] | – Did you get that warrant okay? – I did. | -你拿到那张搜查令了吗 -拿到了 |
[33:05] | – All right. – Thanks. | -很好 -谢谢 |
[33:07] | I guess we won’t talk about the other thing. | 我想就说到这儿吧 |
[33:08] | – Yeah. Okay. – Okay | -好的 -好 |
[33:13] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[33:17] | Who’s this? | 他是谁 |
[33:19] | Jesus Torres. Ex-con. | 杰西·托雷斯 一个前科犯 |
[33:22] | Tried to sell Lenore Grandy’s belly ring. | 他想卖了丽诺尔·格兰迪的脐环 |
[33:25] | What’s he sayin’? | 他在说什么 |
[33:27] | Some not so nice about Vera’s sister. | 关于维拉妹妹的一些坏话 |
[33:31] | Well, looks like you got two suspects now. | 看来现在有两个嫌犯了 |
[33:36] | This ring belonged to Lenore Grandy, | 这个脐环是丽诺尔·格兰迪的 |
[33:39] | the hooker you killed up in Norristown. | 就是你在诺里斯敦杀死的那个妓女 |
[33:42] | I tell you, | 我跟你说 |
[33:45] | told you, I didn’t kill no one. | 我说过了 我没杀人 |
[33:48] | What’s your parole officer gonna think all about this? | 你的假释官会怎么想 |
[33:51] | Six months out and you already got ties to two murders. | 才放出来六个月就已经扯上两桩凶案了 |
[33:56] | Two? | 两桩 |
[33:57] | Yeah. Lenore Grandy, two weeks ago, | 对 丽诺尔·格兰迪 两周前一桩 |
[33:59] | Holly Richardson in ’95. | 还有95年的霍莉·理查德森案 |
[34:00] | Same doer. | 是同一个凶手 |
[34:02] | They say “Jesus has not adjusted to life | 有人说”杰西坐过牢后就没办法” |
[34:05] | after prison the way we had hoped.” | “按我们希望的来适应生活” |
[34:11] | Maybe I took the diamond. | 可能钻石是我拿的 |
[34:13] | Now, that’s a start. | 开始招了 |
[34:15] | Yeah, but it ain’t like you say. | 对 但不像你们说的那样 |
[34:18] | What is it like? | 那是怎么回事 |
[34:22] | I go to the river. | 我去了河边 |
[34:23] | I find the girl dead already, in the water. | 发现有个姑娘已经死了 死在河里 |
[34:27] | I see the ring. | 我看到那个脐环 |
[34:29] | I think, she don’t need it now, right? | 我想 她现在总不需要了吧 |
[34:31] | Nah, she’s iced. | 对 她死了 |
[34:33] | That’s all I do. | 我就干了这个 |
[34:34] | I steal from someone don’t need it anymore. | 我偷了人家再也用不上的东西 |
[34:40] | Now, here’s my vision for what happened, Barry. | 巴里 我来重现一遍事发经过 |
[34:43] | You met Lenore in your hood, | 你在你的小区遇到了丽诺尔 |
[34:45] | fell in love with that flaxen hair, | 爱上她亚麻色的头发 |
[34:47] | which was a lot like Holly’s… | 和霍莉的很像… |
[34:48] | Holly was a honey blonde. | 霍莉可是个甜姐 |
[34:49] | …and thought, | 然后想到 |
[34:50] | “Well, here’s a Holly look-alike, | “这个人长得很像霍莉” |
[34:52] | and she’s just a hooker. | “而她不过是个妓女” |
[34:54] | Maybe I can get this one.” | “也许我可以拿下她” |
[34:56] | I just wanted to paint Lenore; I’m a painter. | 我只是想画丽诺尔 我是个画家 |
[34:59] | But then she gives you the high hat. | 可是她却对你摆臭架子 |
[35:00] | Rejected by a whore. | 被一个妓女拒绝 |
[35:03] | That’s humiliating. | 太丢脸了 |
[35:04] | The last straw. | 忍无可忍 |
[35:06] | So you figure, let me give this bitch | 所以你决定 让这个妓女 |
[35:07] | the same treatment I gave Holly. | 得到跟霍莉一样的下场 |
[35:25] | I gotta show you something. | 我给你们看点东西 |
[35:28] | You study the pre-Raphaelites there, Jesus? | 你在那儿学过拉斐尔前派艺术 杰西 |
[35:28] | 拉斐尔前派是以英国画家罗塞蒂、米雷与汉特三人为中心的画派, 是1848年在英国兴起的美术改革运动 | |
[35:30] | Que? What? | 什么 |
[35:34] | John Everett Millais | 约翰·艾佛雷特·米雷 |
[35:36] | one of your favorites? | 是你最喜欢的画家之一吗 |
[35:38] | It’s called “Ophelia”. | 这幅画叫《奥菲莉娅》 |
[35:41] | I never saw that. | 我从没见过 |
[35:43] | But you do recognize that, uh, | 但是你认出来了 |
[35:45] | Lenore was posed just like poor Ophelia here. | 丽诺尔的姿势就和可怜的奥菲莉娅一样 |
[35:50] | I don’t know nothing about paintings. | 我压根不懂绘画 |
[35:53] | No? | 不懂 |
[35:55] | All I did was steal the ring. | 我只偷了脐环 |
[35:58] | She was layin’ in the water… | 她”下蛋”在河里… |
[35:58] | 他混淆了lie和lay “躺”的英文是lie lie的过去时是lay lay又有”下蛋”的意思 | |
[36:00] | lyin’ in the water already dead. | “躺”在河里 已经死了 |
[36:02] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[36:04] | She was lyin’ in the water dead. | 她躺在河里 已经死了 |
[36:08] | – Chickens lay. – People lie. | -母鸡下蛋 -人躺着 |
[36:10] | You take ESL with Mr. Roy? | 你上罗伊先生的二外英语课吗 |
[36:13] | No. Nah. | 不 没有 |
[36:14] | It’s easy to prove, Jesus. There’s a registry for that. | 杰西 这很容易证明 名单都记录在册 |
[36:17] | You and him made a deal, didn’t you? | 你跟他做了笔交易 对吗 |
[36:20] | Murder for hire | 拿钱杀人 |
[36:20] | gets you the death penalty nine times out of ten, Jesus. | 十有八九会让你被判死刑 杰西 |
[36:23] | Lucky part for you is, we want Roy more than you. | 你比较幸运的是 我们更想抓罗伊 |
[36:26] | Tell your side, we tell the DA you cooperated. | 坦白交代 我们会向地检官求情 |
[36:45] | I done this before– 10,000. | 我以前干过 要一万块 |
[36:48] | I can’t do ten. Five maybe. | 一万不行 五千吧 |
[36:52] | Come on, it… it’s a hooker. | 拜托 一个妓女而已 |
[36:55] | It’ll be the easiest money you’ve ever made. | 哪有像这么好赚的钱 |
[36:59] | It’s so easy, you do it, | 那么简单 你怎么不自己动手 |
[37:01] | and it’ll cost you nothing. | 不会花你一分钱 |
[37:03] | I have to be in class | 我得待在课堂上 |
[37:05] | to establish my alibi. | 才有不在场证明 |
[37:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:12] | I do for six. | 但我要六千 |
[37:15] | All right, but remember, you stick to the script. | 行 不过记住 严格照计划行事 |
[37:18] | Everything’s gotta be done exactly like the way it was last time. | 必须跟上一次完全一样 |
[37:21] | – Comprende, Jesus? – Si. | -懂了吗 杰西 -懂了 |
[37:24] | I end up teaching this pathetic class, and, uh… | 我不用再教这门乏味的课 而且… |
[37:27] | it was all to meet you, my friend. | 我们也不会再见面 我的朋友 |
[37:32] | That’s destiny. | 天意如此 |
[37:34] | I’ll be back after this… | 事成之后 |
[37:37] | where I belong. | 我会重振旗鼓 |
[37:39] | Minard, what’s destiny? | 米纳德 什么是天意 |
[37:42] | It’s what sets you free. | 它让你得以自由 |
[37:44] | I thought it was truth. | 我觉得是真相 |
[37:45] | The truth sets you free. | 是真相让你自由 |
[37:46] | No. It’s destiny. Trust me. | 不 是天意 相信我 |
[37:54] | He only pay me $3,000. | 他只付了我三千块 |
[37:56] | So I figure I deserved the jewelry. | 所以我觉得珠宝应该归我 |
[37:59] | Seems only fair. | 挺公平的 |
[38:05] | Back inside the Ivy walls. | 回到常青藤了 |
[38:07] | Yeah, lunch with the dean. | 对 要跟系主任吃个午餐 |
[38:11] | I don’t wanna appear too hopeful, | 我不想表现得希望太大 |
[38:12] | but the head of my old department | 不过我以前所在的系里的主任 |
[38:14] | in stepping down in the fall. | 秋天就要辞职了 |
[38:15] | Getting your name cleared would help a lot, huh? | 这对还你清白会大有帮助 |
[38:17] | It couldn’t hurt. | 总不会有坏处 |
[38:18] | So you’d be glad to know we have someone in custody. | 所以你应该会很高兴我们拘留了一个人 |
[38:21] | No. | 不是吧 |
[38:22] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[38:23] | Jesus Torres. | 杰西·托雷斯 |
[38:25] | A student in your ESL class. | 你教的二外英语班上的一个学生 |
[38:27] | Jesus… | 杰西… |
[38:29] | No, I’m sorry, that doesn’t ring a bell. | 不 抱歉 我想不起来 |
[38:31] | That’s not what he says. | 他可不是这么说的 |
[38:33] | He says you told him you killed Holly. | 他说你告诉他 你杀了霍莉 |
[38:35] | What? | 什么 |
[38:36] | And hired him to kill Lenore in a copycat killing. | 还雇他如法炮制杀了丽诺尔 |
[38:40] | That… that’s absurd. | 太荒谬了 |
[38:43] | Well, I know you are the brilliant professor, | 我知道你是聪明的教授 |
[38:45] | and we’re just dump cops… | 而我们只是笨蛋警察 |
[38:46] | I don’t think you’re dumb. | 我没觉得你们是笨蛋 |
[38:47] | …who couldn’t possibly have heard of Ophelia. | 谁没听说过奥菲莉娅呢 |
[38:49] | I don’t think you’re dumb. | 我没觉得你们是笨蛋 |
[38:51] | I just think you’re falling for a story. | 我只是觉得你们被骗了 |
[38:55] | Almost, Minard. | 差一点 米纳德 |
[38:57] | I almost fell for your story. | 我差点就被你骗了 |
[38:59] | But your boy Jesus screwed up your plan. | 不过你的搭档杰西搅黄了你的计划 |
[39:02] | And he got greedy, stole some off the body. | 他很贪心 从尸体身上偷了点东西 |
[39:04] | Led us back to you. | 让我们重新怀疑到你 |
[39:05] | Jesus is a lifetime criminal | 杰西一辈子都是个犯人 |
[39:08] | with a third-world education. | 只受过三流教育 |
[39:10] | I thought you didn’t know him. | 我还以为你不认识他 |
[39:12] | You have his word against mine. | 他的证词对我不利 |
[39:15] | It hardly makes a case. | 也很难证明什么 |
[39:16] | No. But the second body being posed just like the first, | 对 可第二具尸体和第一具的姿势相同 |
[39:19] | that makes my case. | 那我的案子就结了 |
[39:21] | Public didn’t know those details. | 公众并不知道那些细节 |
[39:22] | Only Holly’s killer did. | 只有杀死霍莉的人知道 |
[39:24] | And who’s gonna believe a dummy like Jesus | 谁会相信像杰西这样的笨蛋 |
[39:26] | ever studied art history. | 学过艺术史呢 |
[39:43] | I had to regain my station. | 我必须要夺回我的身份和地位 |
[39:44] | And Jesus offered a way to do that. | 而杰西能帮你 |
[39:46] | You knew about Barry’s letters to Holly. | 你知道巴里给霍莉写的情书 |
[39:48] | Calling her his “Ophelia”. | 把她唤作他的”奥菲莉娅” |
[39:50] | She showed me a few of them. | 她给我看过一些 |
[39:53] | Pillow talk, if you will. | 可以称作枕边细语 |
[39:56] | So you just needed to find another girl to link Barry to. | 所以你就需要再找一个姑娘来扯上巴里 |
[40:00] | Make it look like she was his second Ophelia. | 让她看上去像是他的第二个奥菲莉娅 |
[40:03] | Frame him for both. | 把两桩案子都陷害给他 |
[40:05] | Guy’s just a schizo, | 那家伙有精神分裂症 |
[40:06] | what’s his life worth, anyway? | 他的命能值几个钱 |
[40:09] | I contribute. | 我可付了钱 |
[40:12] | Don’t look at me like I’m some kind of monster. | 别用那种眼神看我 好像我是怪物一样 |
[40:15] | Holly shares some of the blame of this, too. | 霍莉也要为此负些责任 |
[40:17] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[40:19] | What’d Holly do? | 霍莉做了什么 |
[40:22] | She made me love her. | 她让我爱上了她 |
[40:48] | You left angry… | 你生气地走了… |
[40:51] | I could tell. | 我看得出来 |
[40:53] | What? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[40:55] | Nothing’s wrong. | 没什么 |
[40:57] | It’s just over. | 只是结束了 |
[41:00] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么要这么说 |
[41:02] | You have a wife. | 你有妻子 |
[41:10] | Then I’ll leave her for you. | 我会为了你离开她的 |
[41:11] | – No. – I will. I will. | -不 -我会的 我会的 |
[41:13] | I really will. | 我真的会的 |
[41:14] | I thought I loved you, | 我以为我爱你 |
[41:15] | but it was only in a childish way. | 可那只是孩子气的举动罢了 |
[41:19] | You know, this hard-to-get act | 你这种欲擒故纵的把戏 |
[41:20] | is a little juvenile for you. | 就有点幼稚了 |
[41:22] | You know, I just wanted to have fun. | 我只想找乐子 |
[41:24] | I didn’t even think about your family. | 我甚至没考虑过你的家庭 |
[41:29] | Did you hear what I just said… that I love you? | 你没有听到我说的吗 我爱你 |
[41:32] | Well, I don’t love you. | 可我不爱你 |
[41:33] | – I don’t love anyone. – Except yourself. | -我不爱任何人 -除了你自己 |
[41:36] | Yeah, and you love you, | 对 你也只爱自己 |
[41:37] | and that’s why we get along so well. | 所以我们相处融洽 |
[41:45] | I say when it’s over. | 我说分才算分 |
[41:54] | I make the rules. | 规则是我定的 |
[42:17] | I decide. | 我说了算 |
[42:22] | I decide! | 我说了算 |
[42:26] | I decide! | 我说了算 |
[42:37] | I decide. | 我说了算 |
[43:21] | 歌曲:Don’t look back in anger 歌手:Oasis |