时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [theme music playing] | |
[00:08] | 克拉克森的农场 | |
[00:11] | 第14集 咨询 | |
[00:15] | 不会很快开业 | |
[00:28] | That’s not a happy face. | – 看上去不高兴嘛 – 是的 |
[00:30] | – [Jeremy] Well, it isn’t a happy face. – What happened? | 怎么了? |
[00:32] | – They’re not going to do it at all? – No. | – 他们根本不打算这样做? – 他们完全拒绝了 |
[00:34] | Total refusal. | |
[00:36] | And the lawyer told the council… All right, Alan. | 律师告诉议会…嗨 艾伦 |
[00:40] | That’s made us redundant then, for the next six months. | 让我们在接下来的六个月里 成为了多余的人 |
[00:43] | [Jeremy] You’re redundant. | 你是多余的 该死的规划人 |
[00:44] | Fucking planners. | |
[00:46] | You must have come across them a lot. | – 你一定经常遇到他们 – 这真的太荒谬了 |
[00:47] | [Alan] Fucking ridiculous. | |
[00:49] | Fifty plus people, that would have employed. | – 50多名员工 – 难以置信 |
[00:52] | [Alan] Unbelievable. What about all the farmers that would have employed, you know, | 但所有本可以供应 |
[00:55] | pork and stuff like that, local people? | 猪肉之类的农民 当地的… |
[00:57] | [Jeremy] I know. We told them that. Crop to farm. It’s not gonna happen now, is it? | – 我们告诉他们了 – 从作物到农场 |
[00:59] | 事情成不了了? | |
[01:00] | [Jeremy] And now we’ve got these cows | 现在我们有了这些奶牛 却完全没有办法 |
[01:02] | and absolutely no way of selling them profitably. | |
[01:03] | 靠它们赚钱 | |
[01:06] | [Kaleb] We’re committed now, aren’t we? | 我们已经许下承诺了 投资 |
[01:07] | – Investment. – [Jeremy] Yeah. | 这将成为一家餐馆 |
[01:09] | – ‘Cause there was gonna be a restaurant. – Yeah. I know people at home are going to be thinking | 家里的人一定在想 |
[01:11] | “Why did he spend all this money before he got planning permission?” | “你为什么要在得到许可之前 花掉这么多钱?” |
[01:14] | Well, if the restaurant opened in April, May, | 如果这家餐厅在四五月份开业 不管艾伦什么时候能把它建好 |
[01:17] | whenever Alan got it built, | |
[01:18] | you had to be able to sell something. That’s why we got the cows now. | 你都必须要卖东西 |
[01:19] | 这就是我们为什么买奶牛 | |
[01:21] | ‘Cause I couldn’t see a reason why they’d turn the planning permission down. | 我不明白他们为什么拒绝批准许可 |
[01:24] | I didn’t know that that man watches Sky At Night. | 我不认识那个看《仰望星空》的人 |
[01:27] | I couldn’t see that that was a relevant fact. | 我看不出这有什么相关的 |
[01:29] | – You can appeal. – Secretary of State. | 你可以上诉 |
[01:30] | 国务大臣? | |
[01:31] | What’s a Secretary of State? What does that mean? | 什么是国务大臣? |
[01:33] | Secretary of State is the actual government. | 国务大臣是实际上的政府 |
[01:36] | [Charlie] Yeah. We can’t not do anything. | – 嗯 – 我们不能坐以待毙 |
[01:37] | [soft music] | |
[01:41] | [Jeremy] The next day at the farm shop, | 第二天在农场商店里 |
[01:43] | Lisa and I were discussing the fallout. | 我和丽莎在讨论这件事的后果 |
[01:46] | So you know I worked out last night how much I spent on the cows so far? | 你知道到目前为止 我在奶牛身上花了多少钱吗? |
[01:50] | [Lisa] No. – Right. On the whole cow enterprise… – Yeah. | – 不知道 – 对 |
[01:52] | 整个奶牛产业… | |
[01:54] | Bearing in mind we were going to get | 我们打算通过餐馆 用一头牛赚1万镑 |
[01:55] | £10,000 a cow in the restaurant. | |
[01:57] | This is the cost so far of the cow enterprise– | 这是目前的成本 |
[01:59] | £240,822.20! | – 240822.2英镑? – 是的 |
[02:03] | Yeah. Nigh on a quarter of a million pounds. | 接近25万英镑 |
[02:06] | – Now, if you sell ten grand a cow… – Yeah? | – 如果你一头牛卖一万… – 是的 |
[02:08] | – Twenty-five cows… – Yeah. | 25头牛 |
[02:10] | Ten grand, and we’ve paid for the cow enterprise. | 1万 我们就能涵盖养牛的成本 |
[02:13] | [Jeremy] If you were to sell a cow to a supermarket, | 如果我们卖一头牛给超市 一头牛基本上可以卖1200英镑 |
[02:15] | you get twelve hundred quid, basically, for a cow. | |
[02:18] | So, now I’ve got to sell 250 cows. | 那现在我必须卖掉250头奶牛 而我还没有250头奶牛 |
[02:21] | And I haven’t got 250 cows. | |
[02:23] | I mean, it’s gonna be thirty years… thirty years before we turn a profit. | 需要30年 要30年我们才能盈利 |
[02:28] | [Jeremy] The other problem was that our request to make a parking area | 另一个问题是我们建停车场的要求 |
[02:31] | 已经和餐厅营业申请绑定在了一起 | |
[02:32] | had been tied in to the restaurant application. | |
[02:36] | So now, because it had all been refused, | 所以现在是全都被拒绝了 |
[02:39] | we wouldn’t be able to provide parking for visitors to the farm shop. | 我们无法为农场商店的 访客提供停车位 |
[02:45] | The council’s saying that this is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, | 议会说这个地方拥有卓越的自然风光 |
[02:49] | which it isn’t, because… look. | 但其实不是 因为你看… |
[02:51] | And we say to them, “Can we have permission to put some hardstanding down | 我们问能不能得到许可 |
[02:54] | 布置一些可停放车的硬地 这样访客 | |
[02:55] | “so that visitors can not chew the fields up?” | |
[02:57] | 就不会把田地都破坏了? | |
[02:58] | “No, you can’t.” | 不行 |
[03:00] | And people can’t go in that, so they go and park on the verge. | 人们不能进去 所以要停在边缘 |
[03:03] | If you come and look at this… | 来看看这个 |
[03:08] | So the locals complain that people are parking on the verge and chewing them up. | 当地人抱怨外人把车停在路边 |
[03:11] | 破坏田地 这是事实 | |
[03:13] | Which is true, they are. | |
[03:15] | Right, so we say to the council, “Can we build a car park?” | 所以我们问议会 我们可以建停车场吗? |
[03:18] | “No, you can’t.” | 不行 |
[03:20] | [Jeremy] Back at the office, | 回到办公室 我发现即使是 |
[03:22] | I discovered that even people on their side of the fence | |
[03:23] | 对立面的人也同意我的看法 | |
[03:25] | agreed with me. | |
[03:27] | I’ve had messages on social media from councillors | 我的社交媒体账户 收到过来自其他议会顾问的消息 |
[03:32] | in other councils saying… | 他们说那个决定是愚蠢的 |
[03:34] | that decision was idiotic | |
[03:37] | and that I should take them to court. | 我应该向法庭申诉 |
[03:40] | And I’ve had one from Roger Daltrey saying, | 我收到罗杰达尔特雷的一条消息 “欢迎来到拒绝之地“ |
[03:43] | “Welcome to the land of no. | |
[03:45] | “I’m sorry to hear your planning was turned down, Jeremy. | “很遗憾听说你的计划被拒绝了 你怎么敢推广多样化” |
[03:47] | “How dare you diversify.” | |
[03:48] | This is the lead singer of The Who. | 谁人乐队的主唱 |
[03:50] | I’ll listen more to him than some… Herbert councillor. | 我会多听他的歌 而不是什么赫伯特顾问的话 |
[03:54] | “I am putting in planning permission for a microbrewery on my farm. | “我正在申请在我的农场 开一家小型酿酒厂” |
[03:57] | “Water from a spring, hops and grain from the local farms. | “用来自当地农场的泉水 啤酒花和谷物” |
[04:00] | “The cost of just putting in the planning with all the environmental surveys, | “要开始计划” |
[04:02] | “做环境调查、蝾螈、蝙蝠、蠼螋等 就要花7万英磅” | |
[04:03] | “newts, bats, earwigs and such: £70,000. | |
[04:06] | “How can the average farmer afford that? | “普通农民怎么负担得起?” |
[04:09] | “Oh boy, can you have some fun with this when you go to appeal. | “天啊 你去上诉的时候 能不能让我们有点乐子” |
[04:12] | “Be lucky, mate. Roger.” | “祝你好运 伙计 罗杰” |
[04:15] | [sighs] | |
[04:18] | [Jeremy] I then had to break the news to our little cooperative. | 我必须把这个消息 告诉我们的小合作社 |
[04:22] | – [Jeremy] They’ve turned us down. – [man] Yeah, we heard. | 他们拒绝了我们的提议 |
[04:24] | That’s really disappointing for us. | – 我们确实听说了 – 我们很失望 |
[04:27] | We’re desperate, on our knees, to get rid of more pigs. | 我们发了疯地想摆脱那些猪 |
[04:31] | Our farm’s overflowing with pigs at the moment. | 我们的农场里到处都是猪 |
[04:33] | Pig farmers are suffering… Well, I was about to say “more than anyone.” | 你们养猪户受苦了 我正想说你们比谁都更辛苦 |
[04:37] | But Emma’s got TB, so. | 但艾玛的牛有结核病 所以… |
[04:39] | So how many… You’ve lost sixty cows now? | 你们已经失去了60头牛? |
[04:41] | Yeah. Yeah, sixty in total. | – 是的 60头 – 而且你们的猪卖不出去 |
[04:43] | [Jeremy] And you can’t get rid of pigs. | |
[04:45] | We can’t get rid of them. | 猪卖不出去 |
[04:46] | And the price is horrendous. And the feed costs are astronomical. | 而且价格高得离谱 饲料成本也是天文数字 |
[04:51] | We’re cereal farmers and we’re buying in wheat | 我们从谷物种植户手中以天价 |
[04:53] | at these astronomic prices to feed the pigs. | 买入小麦来喂猪 |
[04:55] | They’re making no money. | 他们赚翻了 |
[04:57] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[05:00] | [Jeremy] I then went back to the farm, | 然后我回到农场 听到了一些坏消息 |
[05:03] | and got some bad news about the thumb-flavoured crisps | |
[05:04] | 是关于我用土豆做的拇指薯片的 | |
[05:06] | I’d been making from our potatoes. | |
[05:09] | “Environmental and regulatory services of West Oxfordshire District Council. | 西牛津区议会的环境和监管服务处 |
[05:14] | “According to the results, the sample measures | 结果显示 |
[05:15] | “10,500 micrograms of acrylamide.” | 样品中含有10500微克丙烯酰胺 |
[05:19] | What? | 什么? |
[05:21] | My crisps are carcinogenic. | 我的薯片致癌 |
[05:26] | How many people knew | 有多少人知道用某种油 |
[05:28] | that a certain type of potato | |
[05:31] | when cooked in a certain type of oil | 炸某种土豆时可能会致癌? |
[05:33] | could perhaps cause cancer? | |
[05:36] | How would you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[05:38] | [mutters] | |
[05:40] | Prepared from twenty… | 准备… |
[05:43] | 材料和方法 2.1. 土豆样品 | |
[05:48] | [groans] So if I want to make crisps, I have to use a different type of potato. | 如果我想做薯片 我必须使用不同类型的土豆 |
[05:54] | That means I’ve got– How many tons of Melody potatoes | 意味着我有…我的冷库里 |
[05:57] | have I got in cold storage? | 有多少吨麦乐迪土豆? |
[06:00] | Which have started to sprout. | 开始发芽了?天啊 |
[06:02] | Oh God! | |
[06:07] | [Jeremy] The only good news | 唯一的好消息是我们不能卖薯片 |
[06:08] | is that we couldn’t actually sell the crisps anyway | |
[06:11] | because at this point, we didn’t even have a farm shop. | 因为此时此刻 我们连一家农场商店都没有 |
[06:15] | [Jeremy] Right. So we’ll clear all this out. | – 好的 我会把所有东西都清理掉 – 嗯 |
[06:17] | [Lisa] Yeah. | |
[06:18] | [Jeremy] The council had decided that its traditional green-tin roof | 议会认为其传统的绿色铁皮屋顶 |
[06:22] | was an eyesore and that it must be replaced with slate. | 很碍眼 所以决定用石板代替 |
[06:27] | So the shop had had to close while the work was done. | 因此在完成这项工作期间 商店必须关门 |
[06:31] | The problem we’ve got is because we’re having to put heavy slate on, | 问题是我们必须把沉重的石板放到 |
[06:35] | these simple beams and rafters, or whatever they’re called, | 这些简单的横梁和椽子之上 无论叫什么名字 它们都不够坚固 |
[06:40] | aren’t strong enough. So we’ve gotta replace the whole structure of the roof. | 我们得改掉整个屋顶的结构 |
[06:42] | It’s almost like the council knew. | 就好像议会早就知道了 |
[06:44] | “Can we put composite slate on,” which is light? “No. | “我们可以用轻型复合石板吗?” |
[06:46] | “Gotta be proper slate.” | “不行 必须用适合的石板” |
[06:50] | It’s, um… | 这… |
[06:54] | [scoffs] | |
[06:56] | 今日倒霉事 | |
[07:03] | [Jeremy] While the roof work was going on, | 屋顶工程正在进行中 查理正忙着准备 |
[07:05] | Charlie was busy preparing a new separate planning application | |
[07:07] | 为停车场单独规划做申请 | |
[07:10] | for a parking area. | |
[07:12] | That car park is, you know, absolutely vital | 那个停车场 真的很重要 你知道的 |
[07:17] | to service the needs of the farm shop. | 为了满足农场商店的需求 |
[07:19] | And if we’ve ticked the box with the roof, | 如果我们完成了屋顶的工程 |
[07:23] | I’m really hopeful they turn around and say, | 我希望他们反过来能说 “太好了 建你们的停车场吧” |
[07:25] | “Yeah, great, have your car park.” | |
[07:28] | [Jeremy] That left me free to get on with some actual farming. | 这让我可以自由地做些农活 |
[07:33] | The hens didn’t need much attention | 母鸡不需要太多关注 |
[07:35] | as they were still toughing it out in bird-flu quarantine. | 它们仍在努力应对禽流感检疫 |
[07:40] | [Margaret Thatcher’s voice] To those waiting with baited breath | 有些人正在屏息等待着那条 他们最喜爱的媒体流行语 |
[07:42] | for their favourite media catchphrase “the U-turn”, | |
[07:45] | “掉头回转” | |
[07:46] | I have only one thing to say. | 对于这些人我只有一句话要说 |
[07:49] | You turn if you want to. | 你们想回头就回头吧 |
[07:52] | [laughter] | |
[07:54] | [Jeremy] But the new calves all needed to have their ears pierced. | 需要给新出生的小牛打耳洞 |
[07:58] | And, as I didn’t know how to do that, | 由于我不知道该怎么做 我必须向卡莱布寻求帮助 |
[08:01] | I had to ask Kaleb for help. | |
[08:04] | [Kaleb] These are the taggers, yeah? | 这就是牲畜标记对吗? |
[08:06] | [Jeremy] So that goes through their ear? | 穿过它们的耳朵? |
[08:08] | Yeah. We’ve gotta find 10002. | 是的 我们必须找出10002 |
[08:11] | – [Jeremy] What, in there? – There it is. Look. | – 什么 在那里面吗? – 找到了 看 是吧? |
[08:13] | Open up, open up. Relax. | 打开 放松 |
[08:15] | Give it a bit of a spray with iodine. | 喷一点碘酒 |
[08:18] | Just to disinfect it. And then go put it in his ear. | 消毒后放到耳朵里 |
[08:21] | – I’m not doing that. – Why? | – 我不干 – 为什么? |
[08:22] | Could you just– It’s the first one. I’ve gotta see it being done. | 你能不能…这是第一只 我得看看怎么做 |
[08:26] | Hold that one, then. You do the tags, I’ll do the ear. | 那你拿着这个 拿着标签 |
[08:29] | [Kaleb grunts] | |
[08:30] | [Jeremy] They’re all a bit surprised by this. | 它们都有点意外 |
[08:33] | [Kaleb] Steady, steady, steady. | 不慌 我会马上被杀掉的 |
[08:36] | I’m gonna get killed in a minute. Let’s do it quick. | 让我们快点 |
[08:37] | You get ’em like that. Yeah? | 就这样扶住它们 好吗? |
[08:41] | [cow mooing] | |
[08:43] | [Jeremy] It’s all right, cow. Relax. We should have brought some nuts– | 放轻松 小牛 应该带些坚果来的 |
[08:46] | [Kaleb] Right, number two. We’ve got another one. | 把另一个弄来 |
[08:47] | – [Jeremy] What? – Quickly. | – 什么?另一个什么? – 快点 |
[08:49] | [Jeremy] What? Another one of what? | |
[08:51] | [Kaleb] The other number two. We’ve gotta put two in their ears. | 第二个 得放两个 |
[08:53] | You didn’t tell me that. There’s thirty-seven, five… | 你没有告诉我 这儿有 37、5… |
[08:56] | – [Kaleb] I need two… – Two! | 我需要两个 找到了吗? |
[08:59] | [Kaleb] Got ’em? [Jeremy] Please tell me I’ve done this right. | 请告诉我做对了 |
[09:02] | [Jeremy] You’ve got new earrings! Yes! Look at your earrings! | 你有新耳环了 |
[09:04] | 是的 看看你的耳环 | |
[09:07] | It’s like going to Accessorize, this is. | 这像是去配饰店一样 |
[09:09] | [Kaleb] Next one, quick. | 对 下一个 快点 |
[09:12] | [Kaleb groans] – No. – [Jeremy] Is that your testes? | 打到你的蛋蛋了吗? |
[09:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:17] | I reckon you could definitely tackle this calf. | 你可以处理这头小牛 |
[09:22] | [Kaleb] Right, come on, then, quickly. Quickly, quickly. | – 你好 小牛 – 快 |
[09:24] | [Jeremy] What? | 什么? |
[09:25] | – [Kaleb] You see them two marks? – No! | 看到那两个标记了吗? |
[09:27] | [Kaleb] There, look. | – 没 – 看那里 |
[09:28] | [Jeremy] I haven’t got my glasses on. There? | – 看它们… – 我没戴眼镜 |
[09:30] | [Kaleb] No, no, no. Now. Squeeze hard. | – 那里? – 不是 |
[09:31] | 现在使劲捏 | |
[09:32] | – [Kaleb] Hard! Hard! – [Jeremy] She squeezed her ear up… | – 用力 – 它把它的耳朵挤了起来 |
[09:34] | – [Jeremy] She squeezed her ear up… – Hard, hard. That’s it. Perfect. | – 用力 – 它把它的耳朵挤了起来 |
[09:37] | 用力 好了 完美 | |
[09:39] | [Jeremy] I did a thing! | 我成功了! |
[09:41] | [soft music] | |
[09:46] | [Jeremy] Once the tagging was complete, | 标记完成后 必须到政府的牛只警察那里 |
[09:49] | the numbers all had to be registered with the government’s cow police. | |
[09:50] | 注册所有的号码 | |
[09:52] | So, Kaleb stayed in the shed | 所以卡莱布留在畜棚里 给他们打电话并同时连线我和查理 |
[09:55] | and rang them through to Charlie and me. | |
[09:58] | – [Kaleb] Right. Are you ready? – [Charlie] Yeah. | 好的 准备好了吗? |
[09:59] | 是的 | |
[10:00] | 300225 [Kaleb] So, 300225… | |
[10:04] | [Charlie] Yeah. | – 嗯 – 是50002的 |
[10:06] | [Kaleb] Is the mother of | |
[10:08] | 50002. | 母亲 |
[10:11] | Whoa, whoa… 400002? | – 等一下 400002? – 不 是5 |
[10:15] | – 5? – [Kaleb] No, 5. – 5. 5? | – 怎么可能? |
[10:17] | How can that be? | |
[10:19] | [Kaleb] Trust me. Hear me out, hear me out. Chill out. Chill out. | 相信我 听我说完 |
[10:21] | 听我说 冷静 | |
[10:23] | Right. | 没错 现在我搞不明白了 |
[10:25] | And now, I don’t know. | |
[10:26] | [Jeremy laughs] | |
[10:29] | 400177 [Kaleb] The 400177… | |
[10:34] | Yeah? | 牛的号码… |
[10:37] | 35分钟后… | |
[10:40] | 225’s heifer calf is which one? | |
[10:41] | – 小母牛是哪一头? – 1号 | |
[10:45] | [Kaleb] Number 1. [Charlie] No, that was 164’s, Kaleb… | 不 那头是164 卡莱布 |
[10:47] | [Kaleb] Number 3. | 3号 不 是2号 |
[10:48] | No, number 2. | |
[10:51] | Oh my God, this is hard. | 天啊 这真难 |
[10:52] | The chances of these being registered accurately: nought. | 完成准确记录的概率为0 |
[10:57] | I’m still not happy about 300225. | 我仍然不认为那是300225 |
[11:01] | That’s the mother. | 那就是妈妈 |
[11:02] | [Kaleb] Yeah? I just told you, that’s number 2. | 我刚跟你说了 那是2号 |
[11:05] | – [Charlie] No, you didn’t. – [Kaleb] 3, sorry. | – 你没说 – 是3 对不起 |
[11:06] | [Charlie] Yeah… Which one? Which one? | – 是哪一个? – 好吧 看 |
[11:08] | [Kaleb] Poppy’s mum. I just read her out, yeah? | – 哪一个? – 波比的妈妈 我刚念出它的名字 |
[11:11] | I don’t know who Poppy is. | 我不知道哪头是波比 |
[11:13] | – The first one. Number 1. – [Kaleb] Right. | 第一头 1号 |
[11:15] | 400177 | 对 400177是 |
[11:19] | is the mother of | |
[11:21] | 40001. | 400001的母亲 |
[11:26] | Last time you said 500164 | 上次你说500164的 |
[11:30] | – 2 had calf 400001. | – 小牛是400001 |
[11:33] | [Kaleb] 2. | |
[11:35] | That’s number 2. | 我确实… |
[11:37] | [Jeremy and Charlie laughing] | |
[11:39] | No, seriously… | 不 认真的 |
[11:42] | [Kaleb] I’m going from the beginning. | – 我要从头开始 – 不会吧 |
[11:44] | Oh no! | |
[11:45] | No! God! | 不 有人有枪吗? |
[11:47] | Has anybody got a gun? | |
[11:49] | [Jeremy] After all that, | 毕竟我们之前以为到牛只警察那 |
[11:51] | we assumed that registering the numbers with the cow police | |
[11:53] | 注册号码不过是小事一桩 | |
[11:54] | would be a breeze. | |
[11:57] | [automated voice] Thank you for calling the British Cattle Movement Service. | 感谢您致电英国牛群运输服务中心 |
[12:00] | Many of our people are still working from home, | 许多人仍然在家工作 |
[12:02] | so you may hear additional background noise. | – 所以你可能会听到背景噪音 – 我们已经回去工作了 |
[12:05] | We’ve gone back to work. | |
[12:06] | [automated voice] For information on how we handle personal data, | 有关我们如何处理个人数据的信息 |
[12:09] | go to www.gov.uk and search Rural Payments Agency… | 请访问政府官网 |
[12:13] | – 并搜索农村支付机构… – 这是我们必须忍受的 | |
[12:14] | This is what we have to put up with. | |
[12:15] | [automated voice] …Personal Information Charter. | |
[12:18] | To report animal births, movements and deaths to us, | 向我们报告动物的出生、运输和死亡 |
[12:22] | press one. | 请按1 |
[12:23] | Please tell me your county parish holding number. | 请告诉我您所在的 县行政堂区的土地编号 |
[12:26] | That’s the CPH. | 是CPH |
[12:27] | 33/102/0160 Three, three, slash, one, zero, two, | |
[12:31] | slash, zero, one, six, zero. | |
[12:36] | [automated voice] Thank you. Was that: three, zero, one… | 谢谢 |
[12:37] | – 那个是3010201吗? – 不是 | |
[12:39] | No! No. | |
[12:41] | [automated voice] …zero, two, zero, one? | |
[12:43] | Okay. Sorry about that. Let’s try again. | – 不是 – 很抱歉 |
[12:45] | 我们再试一次 | |
[12:46] | Please tell me your county parish holding number. | 请告诉我您所在的 县行政堂区的土地编号 |
[12:49] | 33 Three, three, | |
[12:50] | 102 one, zero, two, | |
[12:53] | 0160 zero, one, six, zero. | |
[12:57] | [automated voice] Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:58] | Was that: three, three, one, zero, two, | 是331020160吗? |
[13:02] | zero, one, six, zero? | |
[13:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:07] | [automated voice] Right. Please wait while I check those details. | 好的 请稍等 我正在检查详细信息 |
[13:11] | Sorry, there isn’t a match between the CPH number | 抱歉 CPH与您的电话号码 |
[13:14] | and the phone number you’re calling from. | 不匹配 |
[13:16] | No ? [automated voice] I cannot put you through to the BCMS helpline. | 我无法为您接通BCMS帮助热线 |
[13:20] | For further help and information, | 如需进一步的帮助和信息 |
[13:22] | please hang up and call the following number | 请挂断电话 并在日常办公时间内 |
[13:24] | during normal office hours. | 拨打以下号码 |
[13:26] | The number is: | 号码是03450501234 |
[13:27] | 0345-050-1234. | |
[13:32] | Charlie, that was all recorded, OK? | – 那是… – 查理 这些都是录音的 |
[13:35] | I’m not doing it. I’m not doing it. | 好吗? 我不干了 |
[13:37] | 我不干了 | |
[13:38] | They can piss off. | 他们可以滚了 我非常讨厌政府 |
[13:40] | I hate the government so much. | |
[13:46] | [soft music] | |
[13:48] | [Jeremy] Mercifully, I was scheduled to spend the next day | 好在我安排了在第二天 |
[13:52] | with a normal, nice, proper person | 与一个正常、友善、得体的 非政府人员一起共度时光 |
[13:55] | who wasn’t from the government. | |
[13:57] | All right, looking for a man called Robin, | 好的 我在找一个叫罗宾的男人 |
[14:00] | who is a hedge person. | 他是折腾树篱的人 |
[14:03] | [Jeremy] Robin is a scout for the British Hedgelaying Society. | 罗宾是英国树篱协会的侦察员 |
[14:07] | And he’d come to see me because Diddly Squat | 他来看我是因为迪丽斯库阿特 |
[14:10] | had been invited to host a prestigious competition. | 受邀参加一场声望很高的比赛 |
[14:15] | There he is. | 他在那 正在检查树篱 |
[14:17] | Examining the hedge. | |
[14:19] | Excellent. | 非常棒 |
[14:21] | – [Jeremy] Robin. Are you well? – Always good. | 罗宾 |
[14:23] | – 你还好吗? – 一直都很好 | |
[14:24] | [Jeremy] Have you found a suitable hedge? | – 你找到合适的树篱了吗? – 是的 |
[14:26] | [Robin] Yes. So we’re going to lay this hedge, with your permission, | 所以我们征求你的许可 |
[14:29] | 把树篱从这里开始 绕过来搭到那边 | |
[14:30] | from here right way round to there. | |
[14:33] | And we’ll have thirty-two competitors doing five different styles. | 我们将有32名参赛者 使用5种不同的风格 |
[14:37] | [Jeremy] You’re basically making a fence out of a hedge? | 总结一下就是用树篱来搭篱笆 |
[14:40] | [Robin] Yes. Well, see, it’s a craft. | 你看 这是一门手艺 |
[14:42] | [Jeremy] In my mind, I was being rather cunning, | 在我看来 我挺狡猾的 |
[14:45] | because I assumed I was getting a free fence. | 因为我猜我能得到一个免费的栅栏 |
[14:49] | However… | 然而… |
[14:50] | [Robin] The competition, we start it at nine. | 赛在9点开始 持续五个小时 |
[14:53] | Five hours. You’ll be very kind to provide them with something to eat. | 如果你能为他们提供些吃的 那就太好了 |
[14:56] | – Oh, so I’m doing lunch? – Yes, yes. | – 所以我得做午饭 – 好的 |
[14:59] | How many people? | 多少人? |
[15:00] | Thirty-two. | 32个 加上… |
[15:01] | – Plus… – And wives and partners. | 妻子和伴侣 所以可能有六七十个人? |
[15:03] | So it could be sixty? Seventy? | |
[15:05] | – Yes, yes. – So, big lunch. | – 是的 – 所以要准备丰盛的午餐 |
[15:07] | And does that tend to be in the house or do we put up a marquee? | 是在屋子里好些 还是在这搭一个帐篷? |
[15:10] | – If you’re gonna put up a marquee… – A marquee. | – 如果你搭一个大帐篷之类的… – 搭个大帐篷 |
[15:14] | And at the end of this, | 比赛最后 由你们颁发奖金 |
[15:16] | you will put in the prize money, etcetera. | |
[15:18] | 等等 | |
[15:19] | – So I do the prize money? – Yes, you do. | – 我来颁发奖金吗? – 是的 由你来 |
[15:22] | What sort of level of prize money would it normally be? | 你们通常提供什么样的奖品? |
[15:24] | Per class, it’s about £240. | 每个等级大约240英镑 |
[15:27] | £240 per class and there’s five classes? | 每个等级240英镑 共有五个等级 |
[15:29] | Five classes, yes. | 五个等级 没错 |
[15:30] | [Jeremy] This news caused me to break out my emergency first-aid kit. | 这个消息让我翻出了急救箱 |
[15:36] | [Robin] Oh my God! | 我的天啊 |
[15:38] | I’d been sitting looking at the sloe gin… | 我一直坐在那 看着黑刺李杜松子酒 我是指黑刺李浆果 |
[15:41] | I mean the sloe berries. | |
[15:42] | These are ones we made earlier. | 我们之前制作的 |
[15:43] | Oh my God. This is good. | 天啊 这很不错 |
[15:46] | – Cheers! – [Robin] Cheers to you. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[15:51] | That’s good. | 挺好的 |
[15:53] | – The sloe’s out of there. – Yeah. | 用那边的黑刺李混合了一点杜松子酒 |
[15:55] | Mixed with a little bit of gin. | |
[15:57] | There’s a drink here… I don’t know if you’ve come across it, King’s Ginger. | 这里有饮料 英王醇姜利口酒 |
[16:01] | Which I’m always amused by. | 这总是能让我感到愉悦 |
[16:03] | It says here: “This ginger beverage | 上面写着 “这种姜汁酒品是由贝瑞兄弟 |
[16:06] | “was specifically formulated by Berry Brothers in 1903 | |
[16:08] | “在1983年专门 为爱德华七世调制的” | |
[16:09] | “for King Edward VII.” | |
[16:11] | “It was created to stimulate His Majesty | “创造这种酒品是为了激励陛下 |
[16:14] | “during morning rides in his new horseless carriage.” | “在早上乘坐他崭新的老式汽车” |
[16:17] | It was actually invented for drinking and driving! | 实际上是为酒后驾车而发明的 |
[16:21] | – “This’ll keep you warm, sir.” – Horseless carriage! | “这会让你暖和的 先生” |
[16:23] | 老式汽车 | |
[16:25] | [Jeremy] In his new horseless carriage in 1903. | – 坐在1903年的新款老式汽车里 – 对 |
[16:27] | Yeah, yeah. | |
[16:28] | So, my mine’s evaporated. | 我的蒸发了 |
[16:31] | [laughs] | |
[16:34] | [Jeremy] After Robin’s hedge fund had emptied my wallet | 在罗宾的树篱基金掏空我的钱包 |
[16:37] | and my drinks cabinet, | 还有我的酒柜后 |
[16:39] | I went off to see the entrepreneurial foetus, | 我前去看望我的创业宝宝 |
[16:43] | who’d just invested in some new kit | 他刚刚为他的不断壮大的 |
[16:45] | for his ever-growing farm contracting business. | 农场承保业务投资了新装备 |
[16:49] | [Kaleb] What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[16:51] | Have you got a new tractor? | 你买了新拖拉机? |
[16:53] | A bit small. | – 有点小 – 什么意思 小? |
[16:55] | [Kaleb] What do you mean, “small”? | |
[16:57] | 210 horsepower. | – 210匹马力 – 有助力系统 |
[16:59] | – [Jeremy] Well, with boost. – Yeah. Yeah. | |
[17:00] | – 185 | – 嗯 |
[17:02] | [Jeremy] 185. What do you think of the wheels, though? I customised it. | 你觉得轮子怎么样?我定制的 |
[17:05] | – [Jeremy] Black wheels? – Black wheels. | – 黑色轮胎 – 黑色轮胎 |
[17:06] | [Kaleb] I put a go-fast stripe on it as well. | 上面加了加速条纹 |
[17:09] | Where is it? Is it on the roof? | – 在哪里?在车顶上吗? – 没有 在引擎盖上 |
[17:11] | No, on the bonnet. So it starts here, look. | |
[17:12] | 从这里开始 看… | |
[17:15] | [Jeremy laughs] So that’s your go-faster stripe? | 这就是你的加速条纹 |
[17:17] | – [Kaleb] And it’s on the top as well. – Yeah, because… | 顶部也有 |
[17:18] | So the only evidence that you’ve got a go-faster stripe is that. | 所以你有加速条纹的 唯一证据就是那个? |
[17:22] | Yeah. | – 是的 – 185匹马力 多少钱? |
[17:23] | 185 horsepower. How much was it? | |
[17:26] | 104 A hundred and four. | |
[17:28] | Two and a half times more expensive than my tractor | 比我的拖拉机贵两倍半 |
[17:33] | and with a hundred horsepower less. | 还少了100匹马力 |
[17:35] | – 8.75 Lifting capacity of this? | – 这个的起重能力是多少? |
[17:37] | Eight point seven-five? | |
[17:39] | 10.5 – Ten and a half. – Yeah? | |
[17:40] | I’ve got GPS. | 是吗?我有全球定位系统 |
[17:43] | Right. And how long do you think you’re gonna have GPS before it’s stolen? | 好吧 你觉得全球定位系统 会在多久后失窃? |
[17:48] | Oh, a couple of months. | 几个月 |
[17:49] | What’s the longest a farmer’s ever owned GPS | 在农民的全球定位系统被偷之前 |
[17:52] | before they get up in the morning and someone’s nicked it? | 最长能用多久? |
[17:54] | Probably six months is the longest time. | 大概六个月 最长能用这么久 |
[17:57] | [Jeremy] His piddly tractor’s first job | 他的拖拉机的第一份工作 |
[17:59] | would be to help me plant the spring barley. | 就是帮我种春大麦 |
[18:02] | [Kaleb] You’re missing a few, um… | 你少了几根插脚 看 |
[18:05] | pins, look. | |
[18:06] | [Jeremy] Which meant attaching the drill | 把条播机拆到我的超级兰博基尼上 |
[18:08] | to my vastly superior Lambo. | |
[18:12] | – [Kaleb] Oh my God! – [Jeremy] What? | – 我的天啊! – 怎么了? |
[18:14] | [Kaleb] It’s a little shrew or something. | 大概是一只小鼩鼱 |
[18:16] | – [Jeremy] Oh, there he is! Oh wow! – [Kaleb] Get the gun. | 它在那 |
[18:18] | 拿把枪来 | |
[18:19] | [Jeremy] Don’t be so unkind. | 别那么残忍 |
[18:22] | 你不怕老鼠? | |
[18:24] | – [Jeremy] You’re not frightened of mice? – I don’t like rats and mice. | – 我不喜欢鼠类 – 它不是老鼠 |
[18:26] | – It’s not a rat, it’s a mouse. – [Kaleb] Can you finish him off, please? | – 请把它解决了 – 不要 |
[18:27] | I’m not gonna finish him off! | |
[18:28] | And I’m not going out there with him in there. | 我不会和它一起出发的 这个是一直通下去的吗? |
[18:31] | [Jeremy] Do you think that goes all the way down? | |
[18:32] | [Kaleb] Yeah, yeah. | – 这里面是空的吗? – 是的 |
[18:34] | [Jeremy] Come on, little mouse. | 拜托 小老鼠 |
[18:36] | [Kaleb] Just dangle it down there. He’ll be all right. | 把它挂在那 |
[18:38] | [Jeremy] This is kind to the environment and kind to animals. | 这对环境和动物都很友好 |
[18:43] | Sir Attenborough would like me for doing this. | 艾登堡爵士会喜欢我这么做的 |
[18:46] | [Jeremy] There he goes! Mr Mouse! | 它跑了!老鼠先生 |
[18:49] | [Kaleb] He’s underneath your wheel. He’s actually underneath your wheel. | 它在轮子下面 |
[18:50] | 它在你的轮子下面 | |
[18:52] | As soon as you move, you’re gonna kill him. | 你一动 就会杀了它 |
[18:54] | He’s in the tyre tracks of the tractor down there. | 它在拖拉机的轮胎的缝隙里 |
[18:58] | Come on! Out. [kicks wheel] | 出来吧 |
[19:00] | [Kaleb] we can’t afford to lose any more time ’cause of the mouse. | 我们不能再因为老鼠的事 而浪费时间了 |
[19:03] | Oh bloody hell. I mean, there’s a lot of decisions in farming | 该死的 搞农业要做很多决定 |
[19:06] | but this is a really nasty one. | 但这次真的令人讨厌 |
[19:08] | [Kaleb] Just go. | 走吧 |
[19:11] | [Kaleb] We’ve gotta go drilling. | 我们得去播种了 |
[19:15] | [Jeremy] If I roll back a millimetre, | 只要我后退一毫米 老鼠先生就死定了 |
[19:17] | Mr Mouse is toast. | |
[19:22] | [engine] | |
[19:37] | Now, that is how you do a hill start. | 现在 这就是如何进行坡道起步 |
[19:41] | [Jeremy] But then, when I lifted the drill… | 但是当我举起条播机时 |
[19:43] | Oh shit. I’ve rolled back! | 该死的 我后退了 |
[19:49] | [Kaleb] You just killed that poor mouse. I’ll bury him. | 你刚刚杀死了那只可怜的老鼠 |
[19:52] | Back up. | 我会埋葬它的 继续退 |
[19:54] | [Jeremy] No, forwards. | 不 前进 它粘在轮胎上了吗? |
[19:55] | Is he stuck to the tyre? | |
[19:59] | [Kaleb] He lived! | 它还活着! |
[20:00] | [delighted laughter] | |
[20:04] | [Kaleb] Meow! [laughter] | |
[20:06] | The mouse lives because I can drive. | 因为我会开拖拉机 所以老鼠还活着! |
[20:09] | [upbeat music] | |
[20:13] | [Jeremy] Crisis over, we got down to planting. | 危机结束 |
[20:14] | 我们开始播种 | |
[20:17] | Look at this, we are working as a team now. | 看这场面 我们现在是一个团队 |
[20:19] | You’re fertilising and I’m drilling in the same field at the same time. | 你施肥 我同时在田地里播种 |
[20:24] | [Jeremy] And instead of expensive chemical fertiliser… | 我们用的不是昂贵的化肥 |
[20:30] | We were using my very own chicken muck, | 而是我们自己的鸡粪 这让卡莱布非常开心 |
[20:33] | which made Kaleb very happy. | |
[20:36] | My brand-new tractor’s covered in chicken shit. It stinks. | 我的新拖拉机上全是臭臭的鸡粪 |
[20:43] | [Jeremy] The spring barley from here, if the quality’s good enough, | 这里种出来的春麦 |
[20:45] | 如果质量好的话 就送去啤酒厂 | |
[20:48] | will go to the brewery and will be made into Hawkstone beer. | 酿造成霍克斯通啤酒 |
[20:51] | That’s why we have to do it really, really, really | 所以我们必须做到最好 |
[20:54] | to the best of our abilities. | |
[20:57] | [Jeremy] However, at the moment there was neither a farm shop | 然而 此刻 我们既没有农场商店 |
[21:00] | nor a restaurant in which to sell that beer. | 也没有可以卖啤酒的餐馆 |
[21:05] | But, over at the Royal Academy, | 但在皇家学院 |
[21:08] | Charlie was working on a plan to sort that out. | 查理正在研究 一项计划来解决这个问题 |
[21:12] | To take the restaurant appeal to the next level | 继续向上申诉餐厅的事 |
[21:16] | is to take it to the Secretary of State. | 把这事提交给国务大臣 我们要毕其功于一役 |
[21:18] | We’ve got one shot at this. This is our last chance. | |
[21:20] | 这是我们最后的机会 | |
[21:22] | So we need the best specialist advisors to help with this, | 我们需要最专业的专家建议和顾问 来帮助我们解决这个问题 |
[21:27] | and, you know, barristers and lawyers. | 至于那些大律师们 |
[21:30] | And I’m looking at, you know, who they are now. | 我正在调查他们的身份 |
[21:32] | [lively music] | |
[21:35] | [Jeremy] By some miracle, | 查理奇迹般地成功 |
[21:36] | Charlie had also managed to register the calves with the cow police. | |
[21:38] | 在奶牛警察处给小牛做完了登记 | |
[21:41] | And today was yet another milestone in their adolescence, | 而今天是它们青春期的又一个里程碑 |
[21:45] | because two of them were due to be dehorned. | 因为它们中的两头要被砍去牛角 |
[21:50] | [Dilwyn] So I’m just gonna jab ’em. | 给它们用镇定剂 |
[21:51] | [Jeremy] And this is what? To calm them down? | 这是为了让它们冷静下来? |
[21:53] | Just to make ’em… They’ll hopefully fall asleep. | 希望它们能睡着 |
[21:56] | – [Kaleb] Bring that gate round this way. – [Jeremy] What, now? | 把那扇门转到这边来 |
[21:57] | – [Kaleb] Yeah. – [Jeremy] That’s the ticket. | – 现在怎么办?这是标签 – 嗯 |
[21:59] | – [Kaleb] This one first? – [Dilwyn] Yeah. | – 这个先来 放哪里? – 嗯 |
[22:02] | – [Kaleb] Where does it go? – [Dilwyn] In the neck. | 在脖子上 |
[22:09] | – [Dilwyn] Is this the other one? – [Kaleb] Yeah. | – 这是另一个吗? – 是的 |
[22:14] | [Dilwyn] Jolly good. | 好极了 |
[22:15] | We’ll just leave ’em now for 10-15 minutes and they’ll just fall asleep. | 我们只要等10到15分钟 它们就会睡着 |
[22:19] | [Jeremy] Why do you get rid of their horns? | 为什么要砍掉它们的角? |
[22:21] | [Dilwyn] Because the ones with horns become dominant and bully the rest. | 因为有角的牛会成为霸主 欺负其他牛 |
[22:25] | – [Kaleb] And safety for us as well. – [Dilwyn] Yeah. | – 对我们来说也更安全 – 是的 |
[22:28] | [Kaleb] Oh, there you go, look. He’s down. | 好了 它伏下了 看它的脸 |
[22:31] | Look at his face. [Jeremy] Yeah, really sleepy. | 它们很快困了 妈妈看起来很担心 看 |
[22:33] | The mother looking all concerned, look. | |
[22:35] | All right, mum, she’s fine. | 好的 妈妈 它没事 |
[22:38] | [Jeremy] There we go. | – 它睡着了 – 好了 |
[22:42] | – [Jeremy] What’s this? A local? – [Dilwyn] Yes. | 这是什么 本地的? |
[22:43] | [Dilwyn] Normally, when they’re conscious you’re grappling with them now. | 通常如果它们意识清醒 你得与它们搏斗 |
[22:47] | But because we knocked ’em out, it’s a lot less stressful for the calf. | 但是因为你把它们放倒了 小牛就不会感到很有压力 |
[22:52] | [Jeremy] Dilwyn’s medical equipment then became slightly less high-tech. | 然后 迪尔翁医疗设备的 高科技含量略有降低 |
[23:02] | [Jeremy] Oh my giddy aunt. You’ve set fire to her head. | 老天啊 |
[23:04] | 你在它的头上点火 | |
[23:05] | Holy cow! | 可怜的牛 |
[23:08] | [Kaleb] So you keep going round in a circle. | 继续绕一圈 |
[23:11] | [Jeremy] But there’s actually flames. | 但有火焰 |
[23:15] | [Jeremy] Aw. That must hurt. | 那一定很痛 |
[23:17] | Aw! | |
[23:22] | [Jeremy] And this kills the horn? | 这样牛角就长不出来了? |
[23:24] | [Dilwyn] Yeah, it burns the germinal layer, | 是的 会烧伤长出牛角的生发层 |
[23:26] | which is the bit of the horn that grows. | |
[23:28] | So you get rid of the horn | 所以你去牛角的同时 |
[23:30] | and also you get rid of the tissue where the horn grows from. | |
[23:33] | 也去掉了长角的组织 | |
[23:36] | Is this iodine you’re putting on there, Kaleb? | 卡莱布 你喷的是碘酒吗? |
[23:39] | [Dilwyn] It’s an antibiotic spray, actually, | 这是一种抗生素喷雾剂 防止它被感染 |
[23:41] | to stop it becoming infected. | |
[23:42] | And I’m gonna give her an injection of a pain killer | 我要给它注射止痛药 |
[23:46] | ’cause one of the things that sometimes happens | 因为有时麻醉剂消退后 |
[23:48] | is, as the anaesthetic wears off, the head becomes tickly. | |
[23:51] | 头会变得痒痒的 | |
[23:52] | [Jeremy] I don’t think anybody who’s ever had their head set on fire | 我不认为头上着过火的人会说 |
[23:56] | says, “It’s a bit tickly.” | “有点痒” |
[23:57] | [Dilwyn] So there, that’s one done. | 好了 这头搞定了 |
[24:00] | [Jeremy] Poor little fella. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[24:02] | [Jeremy] Thankfully, the coming weekend’s activities | 谢天谢地 |
[24:03] | 即将到来的周末活动 有望极大地减轻我的压力 | |
[24:05] | promised to be much less stressful. | |
[24:11] | [epic music] | |
[24:15] | 迪丽斯库阿特 2022年树篱搭建竞赛 | |
[24:21] | [Jeremy] Thirty-two of the country’s finest competitors, | 32位最优秀的参赛者 |
[24:24] | each allotted a nine-metre section of unkempt hedge, | 每个人都要整理 一片九米长的杂乱树篱 |
[24:28] | would be making a living fence | 使用五种不同的样式 制作绿篱 |
[24:31] | using five different styles. | |
[24:34] | Dorset, | 多塞特、北萨默塞特、米德兰 |
[24:35] | North Somerset, | |
[24:37] | Midland, | |
[24:38] | Lancs & Westmorland | 兰克斯和威斯特摩兰 以及威尔士风格 |
[24:39] | and Welsh. | |
[24:41] | [man] Welcome to Diddly Squat. | 欢迎来到迪丽斯库阿特 我们花一天的时间来评审 |
[24:43] | Judging will take place through the day. | |
[24:46] | The scores will be added up on the computer this time, | 这次会把分数计在电脑上 |
[24:49] | so there’ll be no mistake. | 所以不会有任何失误 |
[24:50] | [laughter] | |
[24:51] | If you’re all ready, go! | 如果你们都准备好了 那就开始吧 |
[24:53] | [upbeat music] | |
[25:01] | [Jeremy] These premier-league fencemakers had five hours | 这些英超联赛栅栏修建人 有五个小时的时间来完成他们的树篱 |
[25:05] | to complete their hedges. | |
[25:12] | And it wasn’t just a beauty contest. | 这不仅仅是一场关乎美的比赛 |
[25:16] | This is the traditional way of creating a fence, | 这更是以传统的方式修剪栅栏 |
[25:20] | an impenetrable fence, from a hedge. | 利用树篱修建坚不可摧的栅栏 |
[25:23] | They’ve been doing it this way for… | 这件事人们已经干了数百年 |
[25:25] | hundreds of years. | |
[25:27] | The idea is, you cut the trunk, but not completely, | 首先要砍断树干 但不是全砍掉 |
[25:31] | and then bend it over. | 然后将其弯曲 |
[25:33] | Here we go, look. | 就是这样 看 |
[25:36] | And he pulls them down. Look at that. | 他把它们拉下来 你可以说:“你毁了它” |
[25:38] | You just go, “Well, you’ve ruined that,” but he hasn’t. | |
[25:39] | They’re still attached to the roots. | 但他没有 它仍然依附在树根上 |
[25:42] | But it’ll now be going that way. | 但现在它会往那个方向长 |
[25:44] | And then you have to find another one to sort of intertwine it with. | 然后你必须找到另一部分 与它交织在一起 |
[25:48] | And then you’ve got a living… | 然后就有了绿… |
[25:51] | Literally a living fence | 真正的绿篱 |
[25:54] | through which sheep can’t pass. | 绵羊无法通过 |
[25:57] | When they get the trunk down to that, you say, | 当他们把树干放到那个位置时 你说:“不要弯曲它 它会折断的” |
[26:00] | “Well, don’t bend that, it’s just going to snap.” | |
[26:01] | – [Jeremy] But it doesn’t. – [man] No. | – 不是的 – 事实并非如此 |
[26:03] | [man] Eighty percent is what you want to be looking for. | 你要找的是那百分之八十 |
[26:06] | – Eighty? – Eighty percent cut. | – 八十? – 把百分之八十削减掉 |
[26:08] | – [Jeremy] You need twenty percent left? – [man] Yeah. | – 留下百分之二十 – 是的 |
[26:11] | [Jeremy] And twenty percent is enough | 留下百分之二十 就足以让植物保持生命 |
[26:12] | – to keep the plant alive? – Yes. | |
[26:14] | [chainsaw] | 是的 |
[26:21] | [Jeremy] As the hedge-bound managers toiled away, | 树篱经理人在辛勤工作 |
[26:25] | they were joined by a rival from “Wall Street”, and his wife. | 华尔街的一位竞争对手 和他的妻子也加入了他们 |
[26:30] | – [Jeremy] Hi, Gerald. – Good morning. | 嗨 杰拉德 |
[26:32] | – [Jeremy] How are you, Mrs Gerald? – Fine, thank you. | 你好吗 杰拉德夫人? |
[26:34] | – [Jeremy] This is good, innit? – Yeah, it is. | 看起来不错 不是吗? |
[26:35] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly] | |
[26:40] | Yeah. [Gerald speaking indistinctly] | 是的 |
[26:45] | This, I don’t know, I think I’ll just… | |
[26:48] | [continues speaking indistinctly] | |
[26:52] | That’s what I didn’t like about the job. | |
[26:54] | [Gerald’s wife laughing] | |
[26:55] | Well, I’m gonna have a try at this. | 我要试试这个 |
[26:58] | [Jeremy] In fact, Kaleb and I both decided to have a try. | 我和卡莱布都决定试一试 |
[27:02] | Have you noticed again | 你有没有注意到 |
[27:04] | how we are hitting every single diversity target | 我们是如何实现 你这些天在电视上看到的 |
[27:07] | that you have to hit on TV these days? | 每一个多元化目标的? |
[27:09] | Black, homosexual, transitioning. | 黑人、同性恋、变性人 |
[27:14] | – That’s what I used. – Which do you want? That one? | – 那是我通常… – 你想要哪一个? |
[27:17] | I mean, I’ve gotta have the feel for it. | 我必须要有这种感觉 |
[27:19] | Why won’t it cut… It won’t cut through this. | 为什么不砍掉这里? |
[27:20] | – 这里砍不掉 – 试试其他的 | |
[27:24] | Yeah, that’s exactly what I was about to do. Just show me again. | 我正要这么做 |
[27:26] | 再给我演示下? | |
[27:29] | [Kaleb] Don’t do it all for him. | 别替他全都弄好 |
[27:31] | [Jeremy] And again. Yeah! | 再来一次 对 |
[27:34] | [Jeremy] Having trimmed the branches, on my own, | 亲自修剪了树枝后 |
[27:36] | I switched to the axe… | 我换用斧头 很顺手 |
[27:39] | which went well. | |
[27:41] | [Jeremy] Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[27:42] | [Kaleb] It’s thinner. Shall I start at the top | 这根比较细 |
[27:44] | and then come down nicely like that? | 我从顶部开始 然后这样往下砍?对 |
[27:47] | [man] Yeah. That’s nice. – [Kaleb] A bit more? – [man] Yeah. | 再来几下 |
[27:50] | [man] Excellent. Excellent. | 很棒 |
[27:52] | [Jeremy groans] | |
[27:54] | [Jeremy] I’ve got it. | – 我知道怎么做了 – 杰里米 |
[27:56] | Jeremy? Are you doing Midland style? | 你在做米德兰风格的树篱吗? |
[27:59] | I’m doing a Brazilian, unless I get it wrong, | 是巴西风格 |
[28:01] | in which case it’s a Hollywood. | 这是好莱坞风格的 除非我搞错了 |
[28:06] | You don’t know what I’m talking about, do you? | 你们不知道我在说什么? |
[28:08] | Do you not know what a Brazilian is? | 你们不知道什么是巴西风格? |
[28:10] | I’ve never ever seen a Brazilian person. | 我从未见过巴西人 |
[28:13] | [Jeremy] Mercifully, we were interrupted at this point by Gerald, | 好在此时杰拉德打断了我们 |
[28:16] | who wanted to inspect my handiwork. | 他想检查我的劳动成果 |
[28:19] | [Jeremy] That looks great, doesn’t it? | 看起来不错 |
[28:20] | [Gerald] Dear oh dear. | |
[28:22] | [Jeremy] But that, that… those… | 不是那个 是那些 |
[28:24] | [Gerald] What a load of shit. I mean… [speaks indistinctly] | |
[28:28] | Every time you pull out you’ve gotta try and get the baby between the stumps. | |
[28:33] | You’re never gonna… [speaking indistinctly] | |
[28:36] | ‘Cause you’re looking at cars and buses and stuff all the time. | |
[28:40] | You can’t mow– You know, it’s like mowing grass. | |
[28:43] | You go whoof, like that, one hit, and it’s all done, innit? | |
[28:45] | [man] Yeah. | |
[28:46] | [Gerald laughs] | |
[28:48] | [upbeat music] | |
[28:50] | [Jeremy] Having created nothing more than a sodding great gap in the hedge, | 我充其量只是在树篱上 留下一个巨大的缺口 |
[28:54] | Kaleb and I went to see how the experts were getting along. | 然后我和卡莱布便去 看专家们做得怎么样 |
[28:59] | [upbeat music continues] | |
[29:07] | – [Jeremy] Holy shit, look at this. – [Kaleb] That is amazing. | – 妈呀 看这个 – 太棒了 |
[29:10] | [Jeremy] This is absolutely stunning. And this is Dorset? | 弄得真是太好了 |
[29:12] | 这是多塞特 鸟儿可以在这里面筑巢 对吗? | |
[29:13] | Birds can nest in this, can’t they? | |
[29:15] | [man] Yes. It’s good for wildlife. And butterflies. | 是的 这对野生动物和蝴蝶很友好 |
[29:17] | Well, I think that’s incredible. | 好吧 这太不可思议了 |
[29:22] | [Jeremy] Oh, hello. There’s another beauty here, look. | 这里又是另一种美 看 |
[29:25] | – And that’s Midlands? – [woman] Yes. | 那就是米德兰风格 |
[29:27] | [Jeremy] Yeah, they made the Austin Allegro and the Morris Marina, | 他们做了奥斯丁奥莱格罗 和莫里斯马里纳 |
[29:30] | the Midlands. But they do give us the best hedge. That’s a beautiful hedge. | 他们确实给我们留下了最棒的树篱 |
[29:32] | 漂亮的树篱 | |
[29:34] | Yeah. Is Midlands Birmingham? | 米德兰 伯明翰 |
[29:37] | [upbeat music] | |
[29:39] | [Jeremy] Eventually, the five hours were up. | 终于 五个小时过去了 |
[29:42] | The fencemakers went off to have lunch in the marquee. | 栅栏匠人们去帐篷里吃午饭 |
[29:46] | And Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden moved in to start judging. | 西蒙考威尔和阿曼达霍顿 开始进来评审 |
[29:51] | It’s not following the flow of the hedge. | 它没有顺着树篱的底部 否则可以做得更好 |
[29:53] | But otherwise, they’ve done a very good job. | |
[29:55] | [Jeremy] I did not envy their task, | 我不嫉妒他们的任务 |
[29:57] | because the whole length of the field | 因为现在整片场地 都成了一件艺术品 |
[30:00] | was now a work of art. | |
[30:03] | [soft music] | |
[30:24] | Judging over, it was time for the prizegiving. | 评审结束 到了颁奖时刻了 |
[30:28] | Third place in the North Somerset class | 北萨默塞特锦标赛的季军 是科林克拉特巴克 |
[30:31] | is Colin Clutterbuck. | |
[30:34] | [Jeremy] Well done, Colin. | 干得好 科林 |
[30:37] | Second place in the North Somerset, Alex Bown. | 亚军是来自北萨默塞特的 |
[30:40] | 亚历克斯鲍恩 | |
[30:42] | [Jeremy] With the runners-up sorted, | 宣布亚军后 |
[30:43] | Kaleb and I then had to announce the overall winner. | 我和卡莱布将宣布冠军 |
[30:45] | 树篱搭建竞赛季军 | |
[30:46] | 搭建树篱竞赛亚军 | |
[30:46] | And we were very slick. | 我们也能说会道的 |
[30:50] | Right, so, this is it. The supreme champion. | 没错 要宣布冠军了 |
[30:51] | 拥有无上荣耀的冠军 | |
[30:53] | – Do we know who it is? – [man] Yes. | – 我们知道是谁吗? – 是的 |
[30:55] | – I mean, we… – [laughter] | 我们…今天的至尊冠军… |
[30:56] | – [man] The supreme champion today… – [Jeremy and Kaleb arguing] | |
[30:59] | I know, but I need to know the name. ‘Cause we… | 我知道 但我需要知道名字 |
[31:01] | [man] Paul Gulliford. | 保罗古利福德 |
[31:03] | [cheers] | |
[31:05] | He’s done it. Congratulations. | 他成功了 恭喜 |
[31:08] | Now you’re gonna have your local newspaper… | 当地的报纸会报道你 |
[31:09] | I’ve gotta come round by you, have I? | |
[31:11] | You hold that one end. | 你拿着那一端 |
[31:15] | Thank you all ever so much for coming. | 谢谢大家的到来 希望你们玩得愉快 |
[31:16] | We hope you enjoyed your day | |
[31:18] | and we hope you enjoy watching yourselves on television. | 希望你们在电视上看到自己会很开心 |
[31:21] | Well, you will ’cause you won. | 你会开心的 因为你赢了 所有其他人都被剪掉了 |
[31:23] | Everybody else is being edited out. | |
[31:25] | [laughter] | |
[31:29] | [lively music] | |
[31:33] | [Jeremy] On the Monday after the wonderful hedge-laying weekend, | 在修剪树篱中度过这美好的周末 然后迎来了周一 |
[31:37] | I went to the farm shop, | 我去了农场商店 艾伦已经修建好了新屋顶 |
[31:39] | because Alan had finished the new roof. | |
[31:48] | – [Jeremy] Morning, Alan. – [Alan] Morning, Jeremy. All right? | – 早上好 – 早上好 |
[31:50] | [Jeremy] Good work. You’ve done a bloody good job. | – 不错吧? – 很棒 |
[31:51] | 你做得很好 | |
[31:53] | That’s the fastest I’ve ever seen you move. | 这是我见你动作最快的一次 |
[31:55] | – No, it’s not. – Yeah, it is. | – 这不是 – 这是 |
[31:57] | Yeah, that’s bloody quick. | 真的很快 |
[31:58] | [Jeremy] Alan had also been busy making the shop ready | 艾伦也在忙着收拾店铺 |
[32:01] | for the arrival of the fire inspector. | 为消防检查员到来做好准备 |
[32:03] | 安全出口 | |
[32:04] | 安全出口 保持畅通 | |
[32:06] | Fire alarm’s up there, just if you don’t know there’s a fire. | 火灾警报器在这上面 |
[32:08] | And a smoke alarm. “Ah!” Panic, panic. | 还有一个烟雾报警器 |
[32:10] | – Is that the rules? – Yeah, yeah. Listen. | – 好可怕 – 这是规定的吗? |
[32:12] | 是的 灭火器就在那儿 如果你要灭火的话 | |
[32:13] | Fire extinguisher’s there, in case you wanna put it out. | |
[32:15] | We had to put a light up there, look. | 我们在这上面挂了一盏灯 |
[32:17] | Emergency light in case it gets dark and we shut at four. | 应急灯 可在黑暗中使用 我们在4点关门 |
[32:21] | And I put signs on the door in case nobody knows which way to run. | 我在门上贴了标志 |
[32:23] | 让大家知道要怎么走 | |
[32:24] | [Jeremy laughs] | 安全出口 |
[32:25] | [Jeremy] The fire inspector then arrived. | 消防检查员随后便到了 |
[32:27] | – Jeremy. Nice to meet you. – [Alan] Fire officer. | – 很高兴见到你 – 消防官员 |
[32:29] | [Jeremy] And though Alan had been very thorough, | 虽然艾伦已经巨细无遗 |
[32:31] | this chap reckoned we could go further still. | 但这个小伙子认为 我们还可以做得更好 |
[32:35] | I would maybe just suggest some emergency lighting on the outside | 我建议在外面阴暗的地方 |
[32:37] | 提供一些应急照明 | |
[32:39] | to cover any darkness. | |
[32:41] | I’m sorry, light out here? | 抱歉 是在这外面点灯吗? |
[32:43] | Yeah, emergency lighting. | 应急照明 |
[32:44] | So if it’s dark outside and people obviously have to evacuate. | 如果外面很黑 人群需要疏散… |
[32:49] | You know it’s not a Boeing 747 this? It’s just a shop. | 这不是波音747 |
[32:51] | – 这只是一家商店 – 是的 | |
[32:52] | [fire officer] Yeah. | |
[32:55] | [Jeremy] Bottom line, though, the fire inspector was happy | 最重要的是 消防检查员很高兴 |
[32:58] | and the roof was how the council wanted it to be. | 屋顶的样式就是议会想要的样子 |
[33:02] | All we needed now, then, was planning permission | 我们现在需要获得 铺设砾石的规划许可 |
[33:04] | to put down some gravel to make a car park. | |
[33:06] | 来建设停车场 | |
[33:09] | [Lisa] Uh-oh. Charlie’s got a notepad and pen. | 查理有记事本和笔 |
[33:12] | [Jeremy] And a couple of days later, | 几天后 |
[33:14] | Charlie dropped round with the planner’s decision. | 查理顺道来讨论规划者的决议 |
[33:18] | [Jeremy mutters while reading the letter] | “合理的案例表明 |
[33:20] | “Would not be compatible or consistent in scale | “这与现有的农场经济规模 |
[33:22] | “with the existing farming business…” | “不兼容或一致” |
[33:24] | – They didn’t give us an alternative. – “Visibly intrusive…” | 别无选择 |
[33:26] | They simply say at the top that the– | 他们只是高高在上地说… |
[33:29] | – “Notice.” – Oh, “Hereby refuses the application.” | – 通知 – “特此拒绝申请” |
[33:32] | [Lisa] They can’t refuse the car park, Charlie. | 他们不能拒绝停车场 查理 |
[33:34] | Well, they’ve refused everything now. | 他们拒绝了一切 |
[33:36] | They’ve refused the restaurant, the car park. | 他们拒绝了餐厅、停车场 他们拒绝一切 |
[33:38] | They’ve just refused everything. | |
[33:39] | The strange thing about this decision is that this is– | 这个决定的奇怪之处在于 |
[33:43] | They’ve just done this without the committee. | – 没通过委员会就做了决定 – 没通过委员会 |
[33:45] | [Charlie] They’ve done this without committee. | |
[33:47] | So they haven’t asked councillors, they’ve just decided on their own. | 他们没有问顾问 只是自己做决定 |
[33:49] | Do you know all planning applications are meant to be treated | 所有规划申请都应该 |
[33:52] | in a positive and creative manner? | 以积极和创造性的方式处理 对于农民来说 |
[33:55] | You know, for farmers, the government policy is supporting social and economic development, wherever it is, | 政府政策支持社会和经济发展 |
[34:00] | 无论在哪里 只要对环境敏感 | |
[34:01] | as long as it’s sensitive to the environment. | |
[34:03] | But we’ve still ended up with that! | – 我们都会是这个结局 – 我们都会是这个结局 |
[34:06] | – [Charlie] Yes. – I know. And we’re always going to end up with this. | 我知道 我们无法避免这个结局 |
[34:08] | A council have decided there will be | 议会已决定不再在迪丽斯库阿特 |
[34:11] | no more development of any sort at Diddly Squat. | |
[34:14] | 进行任何形式的开发 | |
[34:17] | [soft music] | |
[34:19] | [Jeremy] To get a car park, then, and, more importantly, | 要建一个停车场 更重要的是 一个餐厅 |
[34:22] | a restaurant where we could sell our meat, | 这样我们就可以卖肉 我们必须向政府提出申诉 |
[34:24] | we’d have to appeal to the government. | |
[34:28] | [Jeremy] And you’re not really seeing it at its best | 今天的景色并不是最好的 |
[34:29] | ’cause you’re looking into the sun. But it’s a hell of a view, that. | 因为我们正对着太阳 但景色还是很漂亮 |
[34:33] | [Jeremy] And to help us do that, | 为了帮助我们 查理终于设法 |
[34:35] | Charlie had finally managed to assemble a team | |
[34:37] | 组建了一支法律复仇者联盟 | |
[34:38] | of legal Avengers. | |
[34:40] | If you have evidence on footfall, | 如果你有去年经营的 关于客流、使用情况 |
[34:43] | on usage, on turnover and all that sort of thing | |
[34:45] | from last year’s operation, that’s going to be very, very important. | 营业额等方面的证据 这些非常重要 |
[34:48] | Where’s the nearest footpath in that direction? | 最近的人行道在哪里 那边吗? |
[34:51] | – There isn’t anything. – [Jeremy] There is no footpath. | – 那里什么也没有 – 没有什么人行道 |
[34:53] | So the road, the visual receptor would be the road. | |
[34:54] | 能看到的就这条路 | |
[34:56] | Yeah, something like that. And the building, I take it, was built in accordance with the plans? | 建筑是按照规划建的? |
[34:59] | – There’s no issue about that? – Yeah. | 这方面没问题吧? |
[35:01] | [Jeremy] Once the legal team had assessed the situation, | 在法律团队评估了现状后 他们开始制定计划 |
[35:04] | they laid out their plan, | |
[35:07] | which was impressive. | 这令我们感到钦佩 |
[35:09] | [man] So you appeal to the Secretary of State. | 你向国务大臣提出上诉 他任命一名规划检查员 |
[35:10] | The Secretary of State appoints a planning inspector. | |
[35:13] | We’ll be going for a public enquiry, so he convenes a public enquiry | 我们要举行公开听证 |
[35:14] | 他在一个合适的房间里召开公开听证 | |
[35:16] | in an appropriate room. | |
[35:18] | And he hears the evidence, he hears the advocates, he hears the submissions. | 他会听取证据、主张和意见 |
[35:21] | We’re going to have a landscape bod. | 我们有一个负责景观的团队 |
[35:23] | We’re going to have a transport bod. | 我们将有一个运输团队 |
[35:26] | We’re going to have a planning bod. | 我们将有一个规划团队 |
[35:28] | We might have a farm business bod. | 我们可能会有一个农场合作社团队 |
[35:31] | So, what’s that, four witnesses so far? | 那么到目前为止有四个例证? |
[35:33] | – Lighting. – Oh, lighting. | – 照明 – 照明 |
[35:36] | There may be a technical lighting bod involved. | 可能会有一个技术照明团队 也就是我们有四到五个例证 |
[35:39] | So that’s four to five witnesses for us. | |
[35:42] | We can expect the authority to match those. | 我们可以让专家来满足需求 |
[35:45] | We’ve then got a row of third parties, | 然后你有很多第三方人士 |
[35:47] | who, I mean, someone like Mr Dewar | 比如德瓦先生 他可能会想 |
[35:49] | might decide he’d like to be what’s called a Rule 6 party, | |
[35:50] | 作为利益相关方 担任正式的职位 | |
[35:51] | which is where he takes a formal position. | |
[35:53] | He’s the one who had the council’s opinion, isn’t he? | 他与委员会的意见一样 |
[35:56] | Yeah. So you can well imagine that he might decide to instruct planners, | – 是的 – 所以你可以想象 |
[35:58] | 他可能想要去指挥 | |
[36:00] | landscape bods and turn up as another party. | 规划人员和景观设计师 代表另一方 |
[36:03] | So we’re then looking two to three weeks of enquiry. | 我们要进行两到三周的调查 |
[36:07] | [Jeremy] Everything he was saying was leading me to one question. | 他说的事让我想到了一个问题 |
[36:12] | Broadly speaking, how much does it cost? | 调查的成本大概是多少? |
[36:15] | I did give a figure to Mark. | – 我给马克报了一个数字 – 多少? |
[36:17] | Which was? | |
[36:19] | It was on the basis of a one-week enquiry. | 这是基于为期一周的调查的报价 |
[36:22] | How much would a one-week enquiry be? | 调查一周要多少钱? |
[36:24] | Probably around two hundred… to two fifty. | 大概要20到25万之间 |
[36:29] | [Jeremy] So a three-week enquiry would be? | 所以为期三周的调查将花费… |
[36:31] | There’ll be a larger brief for you and then you have more refreshers. | 会有一份更详细的简报和估算 |
[36:34] | It’s going to– So on that– | 将花费… |
[36:36] | And someone from us. So… | – 我们中的一个人… – 将花费30万英镑 |
[36:37] | It’s going to be £300,000. | |
[36:39] | If it’s that long, yeah. | 如果要调查那么久的话 |
[36:41] | You talk about 300,000, | 你说30万 |
[36:43] | there are obviously the consultants’ fees. | 那是顾问费 |
[36:45] | Because each one’s gonna have to produce a proof of evidence, | 因为每个人都必须出示证据证明 |
[36:48] | – various documents go with it… – So that’s more? | 各种文件 |
[36:49] | – 那就更多了 不止30万 – 有例证 | |
[36:51] | So more than 300,000? | |
[36:53] | 300,000, that’s the legal. | 这是法律方面 |
[36:55] | So QC, us, and then the witnesses. | 质量控制、我们 还有例证 |
[36:58] | The witnesses are all going to have to be… | 例证的费用必须要有… |
[37:00] | [Charlie] It’s gonna be half a million. | – 会是50万 – 会是50万 |
[37:02] | It is going to be half a million, isn’t it? | |
[37:04] | – When all is said and done. – [man] Yeah. | 如果所有事都要做的话 |
[37:06] | 是的 | |
[37:08] | [sighs] | |
[37:16] | [sighs] | |
[37:18] | OK, that’s that, then. | 好吧 事情就是这样 |
[37:21] | You know, with that level of cost, | 投入这样的成本 |
[37:25] | you know, there’s no chance ever of making, you know, a profit. | 几乎永远都回不了本 |
[37:29] | No matter, you know, how good the business plan is. | 不管商业计划做得有多好 |
[37:33] | Half a million pounds to fund an appeal for the Secretary of State | 花50万英镑向国务大臣提起申诉 |
[37:37] | that we might not even win, | 我们可能还会输 |
[37:39] | you know… | |
[37:41] | You know, that’s the notion of the restaurant gone. | 餐厅的概念就此消失 |
[37:43] | I just… Actually even I don’t know what we should do now. | 实际上 连我都不知道 我们现在该做什么 |
[37:47] | [dramatic music] | 下一集 |
[37:50] | [Jeremy] We’re gonna have to live in a murky, grey area | 我们被逼无奈要在灰色地带活下去 |
[37:53] | of loopholes and cunning reasons. | 要钻空子、耍诡计 |
[37:56] | You can turn that into something straightaway. | 你可以转变它 |
[37:58] | Hold on… | 等一下 哇 |
[38:00] | [Charlie] We are allowed to do it. | 我们可以这么做 |
[38:02] | [Kaleb] Why didn’t anybody figure this earlier? | 为什么没有人早点想到这一点? |
[38:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:08] | It’s clever this. | 这还有很多 |
[38:10] | [upbeat music] | |
[38:40] | 创意监督 杨婕 |