时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | [opening theme music playing] | |
[00:19] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[00:22] | [Jeremy] With the all-hands-on-deck | 需要全员出动的忙乱的收获季即将来临 |
[00:24] | harvest frenzy nearly upon us, | |
[00:27] | I had to work fast to complete all the other projects | 我必须尽快完成 |
[00:31] | I’d started earlier in the farming year. | 早先在务农年度开始的其他项目 |
[00:35] | And so, with the sun continuing | 鉴于阳光持续在无云的天空照耀 |
[00:37] | to blaze down from a cloudless sky, | |
[00:42] | I decided to begin with what I thought | 我决定先开始做我认为最酷的一项工作 |
[00:44] | would be the coolest job of them all. | |
[00:47] | Seven hundred glass bottles. | 这里有700个玻璃瓶 |
[00:51] | Helping to set up | 我在帮忙为我们新落成的瓶装水工厂做准备 |
[00:52] | our newly-finished water bottling plant. | |
[00:55] | This is a speed James May would call supersonic. | 这速度 詹姆斯梅会说是超音速 |
[01:04] | Like your hat. | 我喜欢你的帽子 |
[01:05] | [Lisa] Groovy, right? | 很潮吧? |
[01:08] | [Jeremy] I then discovered that housing the bottling plant | 然后我发现 把瓶装工厂 |
[01:11] | in a metal shipping container | 放在金属船运集装箱里 |
[01:14] | hadn’t been my best idea. | 实在不是个好主意 |
[01:17] | It’s too hot for words. | 这也太热了 |
[01:18] | Okay. Hang on. | 等等 |
[01:19] | Let me just show you how it finishes off. | 我来让你看看要如何完成 |
[01:21] | 48.6 degrees at that, at head height. | 最高气温48.6度 |
[01:24] | -Okay, and then… -48.6 degrees. | -好吧… -48.6度 |
[01:26] | Okay, look, I’m gonna show you how it kinda works. | 我给你演示一下运转流程 |
[01:29] | There we go. There’s two going. | 好了 有两个同时在进行 |
[01:31] | The weight is a little under. | 重量有一点不足 |
[01:33] | Okay, that one is perfect. | 好 那瓶完美 |
[01:35] | Then you take a cap, Jeremy, okay? | 然后你拿一个瓶盖 杰雷米 好吗? |
[01:39] | Screw that on, keeping an eye on over yonder. | 把盖子拧上 注意看那边 |
[01:43] | And then you go to the hot box | 然后来到热箱 |
[01:49] | and go like that | 这样做 |
[01:50] | and then you’re just a quick second in here. | 然后快速进入一下 |
[01:52] | -Ooh, is that the labelling? -Yeah, but I haven’t– | -那是打标签吗? -是的 但我还没… |
[01:54] | There’s a bit of– | 好了 可以了 |
[01:54] | Oh, look, there we go. That worked. | 好了 可以了 |
[01:56] | -No, it didn’t. You’ve made a mess. | -不行 |
[01:57] | -I didn’t. No, it’s perfect. | 你弄坏了 -很完美啊 |
[01:59] | -[Jeremy] It’s not perfect. -[Lisa] No– | -不完美 -这个… |
[02:02] | [Jeremy] And then I take it off. | 然后我拿走它 |
[02:08] | [Lisa] Any more bottles? | 还有瓶子吗? |
[02:13] | Okay, I need some more. | 好吧 我还需要一些… |
[02:14] | Okay, and then, oh… oh, okay, that’s not good. | 好 |
[02:18] | Um, and then, sorry. Je– | 然后…这样不行 |
[02:21] | [sighs] | 然后 抱歉… |
[02:23] | In your own time. | -你倒是快点儿 |
[02:24] | There, a bottle. | -给 |
[02:26] | [Jeremy chuckles] | 瓶子 |
[02:27] | -49.7 degrees. -[Lisa] It’s really hot. | -49.7度 -太热了 |
[02:30] | [Jeremy] If it reaches 50 degrees, | 如果到50度 |
[02:31] | we’re allowed to go on strike. | 我们就可以罢工了 |
[02:34] | -It’s hot. -Holy shit! | -好热 |
[02:37] | [pleasant music playing] | -天啊! |
[02:40] | [Jeremy] Finally, though, England reverted to type. | 不过最终 |
[02:44] | [thunder rumbling] | 英国终于恢复了阴雨连绵 |
[02:47] | [piano music playing] | 根本没货农用商店 这边 |
[03:14] | The end of the drought | 在这里 大家都在聊 |
[03:15] | was all anyone in the area could talk about… | 干旱的终结… |
[03:19] | I think. | 我是这么认为的 |
[03:22] | [heavy accent] I don’t have to hear about | |
[03:23] | your one with a bigger… [indistinct] | |
[03:27] | What have I put me head into here? [chuckling] | |
[03:30] | Well, you know, I mean, I’ve done… [indistinct] Yeah. | |
[03:34] | Excellent. All right, thanks, Gerald. | 很好 |
[03:36] | I went down the side of old Green Wood | 谢谢 |
[03:38] | on the old electric fence. I mean, that was, like, you know, for horses. | 杰拉德 |
[03:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:43] | So up there, the guinea pig, two of them there was | |
[03:45] | and they tried to get out before I could get in the gate | |
[03:47] | and I thought, “Oh, my God, they will be acting the goat.” | |
[03:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:50] | [Gerald] Well, not at your age now you wouldn’t. [laughs] | |
[03:54] | [Jeremy] Brilliant. All right. We’ll let you get on. | 很好 你继续忙吧 |
[03:56] | [Gerald] Okey-dokey. | 好的 |
[03:57] | [pleasant music playing] | |
[03:59] | [Jeremy] I then headed for the farm shop | 然后我去了农用商店 |
[04:02] | where Lisa had been hard at work and finding new things to sell. | 丽莎正在那里努力 牛奶 找到新的可以卖的东西 |
[04:09] | It’s an actual shop. | 这里真有商店的样子了 |
[04:10] | I know. Smell the strawberries. Aren’t they delicious? | 是啊 闻一闻草莓 很香吧? |
[04:14] | No, no, no. Don’t eat them. | 不 别吃 |
[04:16] | -Oh, they’re so good. -Unless you want to buy them. | -除非你要买 -真好 |
[04:18] | And cakes. | 还有蛋糕 |
[04:20] | [Lisa] Loads of cakes. | 好多蛋糕 |
[04:22] | Holy cow! It’s a proper shop. | 天啊!这商店像模像样 |
[04:24] | Piccalilli, I love piccalilli. | 辣腌菜!我喜欢辣腌菜 |
[04:26] | Fruity chutney. God, we’ve got everything. | 水果酸辣酱 天啊 |
[04:28] | Yes. The milkshakes, I’ve sold, | 我们什么都有 奶昔 |
[04:31] | and they apparently are delicious. | 我卖过的 很好喝 |
[04:32] | -So, we’ve got cheese, milkshake… | -我们有芝士、奶昔… |
[04:35] | -[Lisa] Cream. | -奶油 |
[04:36] | What’s in here? [vocalizing] Oh, my word! | 这里是什么? 哦 老天爷! |
[04:40] | We’ve had a run on the sausages. | 很多人买了香肠 |
[04:42] | -[Jeremy] Sausages, bacon. -Yeah, yeah. Sausage rolls. | -香肠、培根 -是的 香肠卷 |
[04:45] | -[Jeremy] Rump steak. -Yep. | -牛腿排 -是的 |
[04:47] | [Jeremy] Burgers. God, wait until the camp site. | 汉堡肉 天啊 现在就等营地有客人来了 |
[04:49] | -You know they’re reopening on the fourth? | -你知道他们4号要恢复营业吧? |
[04:51] | -Yes. | -是的 |
[04:51] | Can I… Can I just ask? | 我可以…我可以问一下吗? |
[04:56] | Simple question. | 一个简单的问题 |
[04:57] | You know the planning permission | 你知道规划许可 |
[04:59] | says everything has to come from within 30 miles? | 要求所有东西都产自50公里以内吧? |
[05:02] | Yes. | 知道 |
[05:03] | That it has to be a local shop for local people? | 这必须是个为本地人营业的本土商店 对吗? |
[05:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:08] | Is this a Cotswold pineapple? | 这是产自科茨沃尔德的菠萝吗? |
[05:10] | No. No, but I was low on stock. | 不 但我存货不足了 |
[05:13] | -Oh, and these avocados. -Yes. | -还有这些牛油果 -是 |
[05:15] | Again, not that local. | 一样 不是本地产的 |
[05:18] | No. Well, they came from one of the shires. | 不 它们来自某个郡 |
[05:21] | -I’m not sure which one. -You know, eating two of these– | -我不清楚是哪一个 -吃两个牛油果… |
[05:24] | They don’t come from a shire, they come from South America. | 它们不会来自哪个郡 它们是南美来的 |
[05:27] | Shire. | 是郡里产的 |
[05:28] | Eating two of these does more environmental damage | 吃两个牛油果对环境造成的破坏 |
[05:30] | than driving a Volkswagen Polo for a year. | 比开一整年大众波罗车都要大 |
[05:33] | [Lisa] No way! | 不可能! |
[05:34] | That’s bad. I’m not gonna stock avocado anymore. | 太糟糕了 我再也不进牛油果了 |
[05:37] | So, apart from those eggs, | 除了那些鸡蛋 好吧 |
[05:41] | okay, there’s nothing in here | 这里看不到其他我们农场出产的东西了 |
[05:43] | that I can see which is from our farm. | |
[05:47] | [Lisa] Well, meet me halfway. Give me anything. | 没办法啊 你倒是给我点什么卖啊 |
[05:50] | -Grow something, make something. -I am growing things. | -种点东西 做点东西 -我在种啊 |
[05:53] | Do something. I’ve nothing in here from you. | 做点什么 我这里没有你给我的东西 |
[05:56] | [Jeremy] At that moment, His Cheerfulness arrived. | 就在这时 开心先生来了 根本商店 |
[05:59] | -[Charlie] Hello. -Hey, Charlie. | -你们好 -嘿 查理 |
[06:01] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[06:03] | Wow! This looks absolutely fantastic. | 哇!看上去太棒了 |
[06:05] | It’s good, isn’t it? | 很棒吧? |
[06:06] | Well, just ’cause Lisa’s done something, you like it? | 就因为是丽莎干的 你就喜欢了? |
[06:09] | -[laughs] No. -That’s what it is. | -不是的 -就是这样的 |
[06:11] | It looks… genuinely looks smart, doesn’t it? | 看起来真的很好 对不对? |
[06:13] | Uh, how local are the pineapples? | 这些菠萝是本地的吗? |
[06:16] | Cotswold pineapples. | 科茨沃尔德菠萝 |
[06:17] | Are they really? Avocados? | 真的吗?还有牛油果? |
[06:19] | Cotswold. | 科茨沃尔德产 |
[06:21] | [Charlie] And… and what about margins? Have we– | 利润如何? |
[06:23] | We haven’t really done a budget, have we? I like budget. | 我们还没做过预算吧?我喜欢预算 |
[06:26] | -You know how I like– -[Jeremy] I know. I like to know that the bottom figure doesn’t have… | 我想知道最终数字… |
[06:29] | -I’m working on about 40%. -Okay. | -我定价在大约40% -好的 |
[06:31] | It’s 40% on everything? | 所有东西都是40% |
[06:33] | -[Lisa] More or less. -Okay. | -差不多吧 |
[06:35] | [guitar music playing] | -好的 |
[06:36] | [Jeremy] Ever the gentleman, | 毕竟是位绅士 |
[06:37] | Charlie then had a quiet word with me out of Lisa’s earshot. | 查理之后悄悄背着丽莎和我说了一些话 皇家加拉苹果 |
[06:42] | So, just on pricing, | 布拉姆利苹果 草莓 关于定价 |
[06:45] | -with a 40% markup… -Yeah. | -40%的利润率… -是 |
[06:49] | Wholesale price of strawberries £2.80, | 草莓的批发价是2.80 |
[06:54] | sold for £3.50, 70p. | 售价3.50 70便士差价 |
[06:58] | It’s 25%. | 利润率是25% |
[07:00] | That’s Lisa’s maths. | 丽莎的数学就这样 |
[07:01] | So we ought to just– I’m not blaming– | 我们只要…我不是在责备… |
[07:04] | I didn’t know. | 不 |
[07:05] | No, I’m just saying that they learn differently in Dublin. | 我只是说都柏林的数学课教得不一样 |
[07:09] | -[both chuckle] -Maths. | 数学 |
[07:10] | Well, we just need to check that we’ve got | 我们要检查所有东西是否定价妥当 |
[07:11] | appropriate prices for everything. | |
[07:12] | Okay. | |
[07:13] | [guitar music playing] | |
[07:16] | [Jeremy] On the subject of Lisa’s plea | 应丽莎索要更多农产品的需求 |
[07:18] | for more farm produce, | |
[07:19] | there was something I could do, | 我可以做点事情 |
[07:22] | because my quarter of a million bees | 因为我的二十五万只蜜蜂已经有充足的时间酿出一些蜜来 |
[07:25] | had had enough time to make some honey. | |
[07:34] | Burn, baby, burn! | 燃烧吧 |
[07:37] | [coughs] | 宝贝! |
[07:40] | I’ll have no biting from you today. | 今天你们咬不到我 |
[07:43] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[07:44] | When I got stung last time I was here, | 上次我在这里被蛰 |
[07:47] | my foot throbbed for four days. | 我的脚疼了四天 |
[07:49] | I mean, really throbbed. | 真的很疼 |
[07:50] | And then itched so violently | 然后又痒得很厉害 |
[07:52] | I wanted to saw it off, my whole foot. | 我都想把整只脚锯掉 |
[07:55] | Here we go. Look at all that bee juice. | 好了 看看这些蜂蜜 |
[07:59] | Holy Mother of God, that’s a lot of honey. | 天呐 好多蜂蜜 |
[08:05] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[08:06] | Oh! So exciting. | 太激动了 |
[08:11] | I’ve just thought. | 我刚刚想到 |
[08:13] | [laughs] I’m going to be driving back | 我要开车回去 |
[08:16] | and all the loose bees are going to go in the car. | 这些飞出来的蜜蜂会在车里 |
[08:20] | Yeah, not much I can do about that. | 是的 我没什么办法 |
[08:22] | Oh, shit! | 哦 该死! |
[08:23] | Oh, Christ! | 天啊! |
[08:25] | I’ve got one in my suit. | 我衣服里有一只 |
[08:27] | How the fucking hell’s that happened? | 怎么进去的? |
[08:29] | Argh! | |
[08:30] | And it’s stung me right in the arse cheeks. Oh, this really, this is bad. | 它正好蛰在我的屁股蛋上 |
[08:36] | Agh! [thrilling music playing] | 这真的很糟糕 |
[08:39] | Having taken a brave pill, | 鼓起勇气之后 |
[08:41] | I stacked up the remaining trays | 我把剩下的托盘堆好 |
[08:43] | and set off with my unwanted passengers. | 和这些不受欢迎的乘客一起出发了 |
[08:48] | Oh, I can hear them. Listen. | 我可以听到它们的声音 你听 |
[08:50] | How can it be legal to drive | 法律怎么可以允许载着蜂窝开车呢? |
[08:52] | with a beehive in the back of your car? Agh, I can feel that buttock growing a third buttock. | 我可以感受到自己长出了第三个屁股蛋 |
[09:05] | Worst journey of my life. | 人生中最糟糕的车程 |
[09:08] | Talk among yourselves. | 你们自便吧 |
[09:10] | I am just applying Wasp-Eze to my own arse crack, | 我在给自己的屁股缝敷叮咬药膏 |
[09:14] | ’cause the crew won’t do it. | 因为工作人员不肯帮忙 |
[09:16] | I just don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[09:18] | A lot of bees there. | 可恶的蜜蜂 |
[09:20] | [banjo music playing] With my third buttock now numbed, | 我的第三瓣屁股已经麻木了 |
[09:25] | I started to sort out my bee juice. | 我开始处理我的蜂蜜 |
[09:30] | Look at this. Look at that. | 看啊 |
[09:32] | A slab of beeswax, which could be used | 一整板蜂蜡 |
[09:35] | as furniture polish, floor polish. | 可以用来给家具和地板抛光 |
[09:38] | Percussionists use it to make tambourines | 打击乐手用它来让铃鼓发出更好的声音 |
[09:41] | make a better sound. | |
[09:41] | It’s used in accordions. | 也可以用在手风琴上 |
[09:44] | Madame Tussauds, they made | 杜莎夫人蜡像馆 |
[09:46] | all their waxwork models out of beeswax. | 所有蜡像都是蜂蜡做的 |
[09:49] | The wax, in the olden days, | 蜂蜡在过去 |
[09:51] | used to sell for 14 times more money than the honey did. | 比蜂蜜贵14倍 |
[09:56] | [blues music playing] | |
[09:58] | My next task was to extract the honey | 我接下来要用蜂蜜提取器提取我的蜂蜜 |
[10:01] | using something called a spinner. | |
[10:04] | Look at this. | 看啊 |
[10:06] | The important thing here is to be gentle, | 要点是动作要轻柔 |
[10:09] | so you get the honey without damaging the honeycombs. | 这样才能在不损坏蜂窝的情况下取出蜂蜜 |
[10:16] | This is all honey down in here. All honey. | 这里下面都是蜂蜜 |
[10:21] | Um… | |
[10:22] | Oh, God, look what’s happened here. | 哦 天啊 看看变成什么样了 |
[10:27] | But, despite the damage… | 不过忽略损坏的话… |
[10:30] | Look, look, look, look, look, look! | 看! |
[10:37] | My first jar of bee juice. | 我的第一罐蜂蜜 |
[10:41] | [country music playing] | |
[10:44] | The next day, with the honey all packaged up, | 第二天 包装好所有蜂蜜 |
[10:48] | I picked some of my vegetables. | 我采了一些蔬菜 |
[10:51] | Look at this. | 看这里 |
[10:52] | Whoa! That is vivid. | 真新鲜 |
[10:55] | And then, laden down | 放好真正出产自我的农场的产品之后 |
[10:57] | with actual produce from my own farm, | |
[11:00] | I proudly headed to the shop. | 我骄傲地来到店里 |
[11:03] | [Lisa] Oh, wow! | |
[11:04] | Right, so that’s the first batch of honey. | 这是第一批蜂蜜 |
[11:06] | I’ve got more coming later. And then… | 后面还有更多 |
[11:08] | Oh, wow, how did you do this? | -然后… -你怎么做到的? |
[11:10] | Chard? | 牛皮菜? |
[11:11] | Oh, you’ve brought it in a bag from our closest competition. | 查德灵顿品质食品 你是用最邻近我们的竞争对手的袋子装来的 |
[11:15] | Oh, God, I have. | 哦 天啊 真的 |
[11:17] | [chuckling] It’s a very fine food shop | 这家食品店在一公里开外 |
[11:18] | half a mile down the road. | 品质非常好 |
[11:20] | The honey is fantastic. | 蜂蜜非常棒 |
[11:21] | How much do you want to sell it for? | 卖多少钱? |
[11:23] | Well, I saw in Daylesford the other day, | 我那天在戴尔斯福德看到 |
[11:25] | half that was £20. | 一半的量卖20英镑 |
[11:27] | Half that? | 一半的量? |
[11:28] | And it was £20. I think you can easily go… | 卖20英镑 我觉得完全可以卖到… |
[11:32] | -£7? -For those– No, more. | -7英镑? -不 更贵 |
[11:34] | -Really? -Yeah, more. | -真的? -是啊 更贵 |
[11:36] | I’ve worked bloody hard for that. | 我那么努力才搞来的 |
[11:37] | I’ve been stung twice. | 我被蛰了两次 |
[11:38] | I’m not selling it for £7. | 我才不要只买7英镑 |
[11:40] | £10. | 10英镑 |
[11:41] | -£8.50. -They stung– | -8.5英镑 |
[11:42] | No. | -不 |
[11:43] | Sorry, are we holding you up? | 我们让你久等了吧? |
[11:45] | Sorry, there’s a customer. | 抱歉 有位顾客 |
[11:48] | Then the price issue got even worse. | 然后价格问题变得更严重了 |
[11:53] | A lady’s just come in. | 一位女士刚刚进去 |
[11:54] | She said, “Well, I’ll give you £6.50 for it,” | 她说:“这个我出6.5英镑” |
[11:57] | and Lisa said “Fine.” | 丽莎说:“好” |
[11:58] | [scoffs] | |
[12:00] | She just happened to capitalize on an argument | 她刚刚还在争论 |
[12:03] | and now she’s getting that honey for £6.50. | 现在她就仅以6.5英镑的价格卖掉了蜂蜜 |
[12:06] | Yeah. They arrived in this morning. | 是早上刚到的 |
[12:08] | It’s just, this isn’t how Asda is run. | 阿斯达超市可不是这么开的 |
[12:12] | They don’t ask the customers how much they’d like to pay. | 他们不会问顾客想出多少钱 |
[12:15] | -Yep. -[woman] Do you take cards? | -好 -你们支持银行卡支付吗? |
[12:17] | We do. Only cards now. | 支持 现在只能用卡 |
[12:19] | -[woman] Oh! | -当然了 |
[12:20] | -[Lisa] Yes. Um, if you’d like… | -对 |
[12:21] | [Jeremy] Whilst I was having a sulk, | 正当我生闷气的时候 |
[12:24] | Kaleb arrived in his new toy. [engine revving] | 卡勒布开着新玩具来了 |
[12:27] | Oh, look at this. | 哦 看啊 |
[12:34] | That’s actually very cool | 其实挺酷的 |
[12:36] | and I just heard you go by earlier. | 之前我还听到你路过了 |
[12:38] | Did you? [laughs] | 是吗? |
[12:39] | -It does make a good sound. -It’s nice, isn’t it? | -声音确实不错 -挺好的吧? |
[12:42] | Nice. | 不错 |
[12:43] | So, this was your styling then, the black bonnet, black roof? | 这就是你的改造 黑引擎盖 黑车顶? |
[12:46] | Yeah, black bonnet, black roof, black spoiler. | 是的 黑引擎盖、黑车顶和黑尾翼 |
[12:48] | I bought the new spoiler for it. | 我给它买了新的尾翼 |
[12:50] | -I had the windows tinted as well. | -我还给窗户染了色 |
[12:52] | -Of course you did. | -可不是么 |
[12:53] | So, basically, when I bought it, two days after having it, | 我刚买到手两天 |
[12:57] | driving out of Long Com at 60 miles an hour, | 从朗康普顿以100公里的时速开出来 |
[12:59] | this comes up like that, folds over that. | 这个就翻起来了 |
[13:02] | That bit here was bent in. | 叠在这上面 这边都凹进去了 |
[13:03] | What, the roof? | 车顶凹进去了? |
[13:04] | Yeah, the roof was about that far from my head in the cab. | 车顶内侧离我的头顶就这么高 |
[13:07] | -What, just from the bonnet? -From the bonnet. | -引擎盖掀起来? -引擎盖掀起来 |
[13:09] | Why did the bonnet catch give up? | 引擎盖搭扣为什么松了? |
[13:11] | Because apparently it’s a thing | 因为这东西你要注意养护 |
[13:13] | you’ve got to look out for on these. | |
[13:14] | They rust away. | 它们会生锈 |
[13:15] | And this is your first proper car, isn’t it? | 这是你第一辆正经车? |
[13:17] | It’s my proper dream. This is my dream car, this, | 这是我的梦中情车 |
[13:19] | ever since I was a kid. | 从小就想要 |
[13:20] | -What, you wanted a 350? -A 350. | -你想要一辆350? -一辆350 |
[13:21] | My only slight concern is this is a GT car. | 我唯一的一个小担心是 |
[13:25] | -A Grand Tourer. -Yeah. | 这是辆GT 也就是大巡回车 |
[13:26] | A long-distance car. | 适合长距离旅行 |
[13:28] | But since you never go further than three miles | 但你基本不会开车超过五公里 |
[13:30] | from where we’re standing now… | 从我们这里出发… |
[13:32] | Yeah. | |
[13:33] | -Where’s the furthest you’ve been in it? | -你最远去过哪里? |
[13:35] | -Um, Banbury. | -班伯里 |
[13:36] | -Ooh, 12 miles. -Twelve miles. That’s it. | -20公里 -20公里 就这么远了 |
[13:39] | What, and then you got scared? | 然后你害怕了? |
[13:40] | Then come home. | 之后就回家了 |
[13:42] | Also. Are you wearing a hairband? | 还有 你戴的是发箍吗? |
[13:43] | Yeah. A hairband to keep my hair out of my face. | 是的 戴发箍可以不让头发挡住脸 |
[13:46] | [Jeremy] Is that because | 因为你多久没理发了… |
[13:48] | -you haven’t had a haircut for– -Yeah, for ages. | 是的 很久了 |
[13:50] | On the 27th, though, I’m getting it permed. | 27日我要去烫发 |
[13:53] | You’re going to drive around in this car with a perm? | 你要烫了头开这辆车? |
[13:56] | Yep. | 是的 |
[13:57] | -Oh, yeah! [chuckles] -Watch out, Chippy! [laughs] | -哦 好吧! |
[13:59] | [both giggling] | -小心了 奇平人! |
[14:02] | [country music playing] | 汽车大排档-ML6 7JA |
[14:10] | [Jeremy] After Vidal Sassoon had left, | 潮发达人走后 |
[14:13] | I went into the woods to see my wasabi plants, | 我走进树林查看我的山葵 |
[14:16] | which I’d decided were now ready to be turned into cash. | 我认为现在是时候让它们变现了 |
[14:23] | Sadly, though, the recent heatwave had taken its toll. | 然而悲伤的是 |
[14:30] | Um, as you can see, | 最近的高温造成了损失 如你所见 |
[14:32] | everything I’ve planted at this end of the bed | 我在河床这头种的所有东西 |
[14:35] | has not just died, but totally disappeared. | 不仅死掉了 而且完全消失了 |
[14:38] | It’s got 27 plants, | 有27株 |
[14:41] | which means 73 have died. | 也就是说73株都死了 |
[14:45] | This end, where there’s still | 这头还有很多水流经过 |
[14:47] | quite a lot of water coming through, | |
[14:49] | things aren’t too bad, though. | 情况不算太糟 |
[14:54] | Oh, yes! | 哦 好! |
[14:56] | Look at him. | 看看它 |
[14:58] | Hello, look at the size of him! | 看看它的大小! |
[15:01] | The good thing is, | 好在所有餐厅都重新开张了 |
[15:02] | all the restaurants recently re-opened | |
[15:04] | and the chancellor is even paying people | 财政大臣甚至出钱让人们去餐厅吃饭 |
[15:06] | to go and eat in them, | |
[15:08] | so I can get that down to London, | 所以我可以把山葵送去伦敦 |
[15:11] | get it into some Japanese restaurant | 送进日料店 |
[15:14] | and they’ll be amazed. | 他们会喜欢的 |
[15:16] | [whimsical music playing] | |
[15:17] | Because I was so busy, | 因为我太忙了 |
[15:19] | obviously I couldn’t spare the time to go to London. | 显然没时间去伦敦 |
[15:23] | But, luckily, I knew just the man for the job. | 不过幸运的是 我认识个人正适合接这个活 |
[15:31] | He’d only been to the capital once, on a school art trip, | 他只在学校艺术旅行的时候去过一次首都 |
[15:35] | and he’d been so scared | 因为太害怕 |
[15:37] | he hadn’t dared get off the coach. | 没下过大巴车 |
[15:40] | But he’s all grown up now and, at the very least, | 但他已经长大了 |
[15:42] | I figured the trip would give him | 至少我觉得这趟旅行可以让他有机会开新车 |
[15:44] | an opportunity to drive his new car. | |
[15:48] | But no. | 但是不行 |
[15:55] | A few things you’re gonna need to know. | 有几件事你要记好 |
[15:57] | Have you got your ULEV? | 准备好超低排放车了吗? |
[15:59] | What’s that? | -那是什么? |
[16:00] | Ultra-low emission. | -超低排放量 |
[16:01] | That diesel engine was made before 2015, yeah? | 那个柴油机是2015年前造的吧? |
[16:03] | Yeah. | 你需要付拥堵费 |
[16:04] | So, you’re gonna need to pay that congestion charge. | |
[16:07] | You’re gonna need at least 15 apps for your parking, | 你需要15个不同公司的手机应用来停车 |
[16:10] | for all the different companies. | |
[16:11] | And every single thing you can do in the countryside | 你在乡下可以做的每件事 |
[16:14] | you can’t do in London. | 在伦敦都不能做 |
[16:16] | If you get stabbed, right, they won’t have that on CCTV. | 如果你被捅了 监控不会拍到 |
[16:20] | You make a cheeky left, they will. | 如果你违规左转 监控会拍到 |
[16:21] | How the fuck do I pay an ingestion charge and stuff like that? | 我要怎么付那个什么堵塞费? |
[16:24] | -What is that about? -You make a call. I can’t just– Why can’t I… | 打电话 |
[16:27] | But don’t make a call while you’re driving. | 但不能开车的时候打 |
[16:28] | Why would you do that, then? | 为什么要这样? |
[16:29] | Or you can do it on an app, | 或者你可以在应用里付 |
[16:31] | and the ULEV as well. Don’t forget that. | 还有别忘了超低排放 |
[16:32] | It’s about 28 quid to drive into London in this. | 开这个车进伦敦要付28英镑 |
[16:35] | Well, it’s free round here. | -在这里不要钱 |
[16:36] | Yes, I know everything’s free around here. | -这里什么都不要钱 |
[16:38] | Every single thing | 你在这里可以做的所有事 |
[16:38] | you can do around here, everything, you can’t do in London. | 在伦敦都不能做 |
[16:41] | I think we’ve got the jobs a little bit wrong today. | 我觉得今天的工作安排有点不太对 |
[16:45] | Go to London, sell wasabi. | 去伦敦 卖山葵 |
[16:47] | Don’t take less than £300 | 少于300英镑别卖 |
[16:48] | and I’ll see you back here tonight. | 今晚在这里碰头 |
[16:50] | -£300 per kg? -Yeah. | -一公斤300英镑? -对 |
[16:52] | -All right. -It’s valuable. | -好 -很值钱的 |
[16:54] | See you tonight. | 今晚见 |
[16:56] | Yeah. | 好 |
[16:58] | [Jeremy] He’s genuinely nervous. | 他真的很紧张 |
[17:00] | [GPS chimes] | |
[17:01] | [automated female voice] In 100 yards, | 90米内左转驶入教堂路 |
[17:02] | turn left onto Church Road. | |
[17:05] | This route avoids congestion on A40 in London. | 本路线可绕开伦敦A40道路上的拥堵 |
[17:08] | You are on the fastest route. You will arrive at 9:29 a.m. | 您已行驶在最快路线上 您将在上午9点29分到达 |
[17:12] | What? | 什么? |
[17:13] | There ain’t congest– congestion. I’m in Chadlington. | 拥堵是什么意思?我在查德灵顿 |
[17:20] | -[GPS chimes] -One mile. | 1.6公里 |
[17:23] | One mile for what? | 什么1.6公里? |
[17:25] | All right, here we go. | 好了 走吧 |
[17:27] | I am officially leaving Chadlington. | 我正式离开查德灵顿了 |
[17:35] | My palms are really sweaty. | 我掌心好多汗 |
[17:37] | Like, really sweaty. | 真的很多汗 A40大道 距M40 13公里 伦敦 93公里 |
[17:44] | Going on the motorway? Eh? | 我们要上高速?啊? |
[17:47] | Right, here we go. | 好了 |
[17:49] | -[GPS chimes] | |
[17:50] | -Continue on the M40 for 27 miles. | 在M40继续行驶43公里 |
[17:53] | M40 for 27 miles? | 在M40开43公里? |
[17:56] | Jeez! | 天啊! |
[17:58] | [Jeremy] If Kaleb thought things were | 如果卡勒布觉得自己处境很糟 |
[18:00] | bad for him, they were worse for me… [country music playing] | 我的处境其实更糟… |
[18:05] | …as this is the time of year | 现在是一年一度农民们申请补助的时候 |
[18:07] | when farmers apply for their grants. | |
[18:10] | This meant I had to tell the government | 这意味着我要告诉政府我到底在种什么 |
[18:12] | exactly what I was growing. | |
[18:15] | That meant paperwork. | 也就是要处理文件 |
[18:19] | I’ve been looking forward to today, | 我很期待今天 |
[18:21] | ’cause I love form-filling. | 因为我喜欢填表格 |
[18:22] | Yeah, yeah, it’s quite | 是的 |
[18:23] | a useful few hours, because, um… | 这几个小时的工作会物有所值 因为… |
[18:26] | Hours? | 几个小时? |
[18:27] | -Yeah. -[Jeremy] So, this form… | -是的 -所以这份表… |
[18:29] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:29] | …which is hundreds of pages long… | …有好几百页… |
[18:33] | [Charlie] It’s 22 pages long. | 它有22页 |
[18:35] | I’ve got better things to do with my time than this. | 我有更有价值的事情可以做 |
[18:38] | -But it’s… We’ve got– -How much do they pay? | -但这… -他们付多少钱? |
[18:41] | Because whatever it is, | 因为不管有多少钱 |
[18:42] | I’d rather pay it myself than fill in a form. | 我宁愿自掏腰包 也不要填表 |
[18:45] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:46] | -360 hectares you have… -Yeah. | 你有360公顷土地 |
[18:48] | …and they’ll pay you £220. So that’s £82,000. | 每公顷付你约220英镑 一共82000英镑 |
[18:51] | Right, I’ll fill in the form. | 我会填表的 |
[18:52] | So, the first thing we’ll need | 我们首先需要一张农场地图 |
[18:53] | is a farm map. So, there’s the map. | 地图在这 |
[18:55] | And there are certain codes. | 有一些代码 |
[18:57] | So, you see that that there says… | 你看这里写着… |
[18:59] | -[Jeremy] AC66. -So that’s wheat. | -那是小麦 |
[19:02] | Why is it wheat? | -为什么是小麦? |
[19:03] | Because that’s the code for wheat, Jeremy. | -那就是小麦的代码 杰雷米 |
[19:05] | -What’s AC17? -Maize. | -AC17是什么? -玉米 |
[19:07] | -What’s PG01? -Permanent grass. | -PG01是什么? -永久草地 |
[19:09] | -What’s WO25? -Those are woodlands. | -WO25是什么? -那是林地 |
[19:12] | Have you ever flown into a really, sort of, | 你有没有坐飞机去过那种发展中国家 |
[19:14] | let’s say developing world country | |
[19:16] | and they give you a massively complicated immigration form? | 他们给你那种复杂的移民表? |
[19:19] | -Burma, for example. -No. | -比如缅甸 -没有 |
[19:22] | And you know when you fill this in, which takes an hour… | 你花一个小时填的时候就知道 |
[19:25] | or Cambodia… they put it in the bin. | 或者柬埔寨 他们会把表格扔进垃圾桶 |
[19:28] | That’s what going– We are– | 那就是…这是发展中世界的破玩意 |
[19:30] | This is developing world nonsense, this is. | |
[19:31] | So… | |
[19:32] | [Jeremy] Right, so there’s how many fields | 农场有多少片田地?我忘了 |
[19:34] | on the farm? I’ve forgotten. | |
[19:36] | Uh, there’s about 42. So, there’s Dead Man. | 大约42片 这里是锚桩 |
[19:38] | -Yeah. -So… | -我们要从… |
[19:39] | -So, we have to go… -That’s got wheat in it. | -那里种了小麦 |
[19:41] | Yes, but it’s got last year’s crop in it at the moment, | 是的 但目前这里是去年的作物 |
[19:44] | which was oil seed rape. So, we have to go through this. | 也就是油菜 |
[19:47] | But it’s got wheat in it. | 但里面种了小麦 |
[19:48] | Yes, but as far as the government are concerned… | 是 但政府只需知道… |
[19:50] | Well, it hasn’t. It’s got– | 我知道里面种了小麦 |
[19:51] | I know it’s got wheat in it. I’ve seen it. | 我看到了 |
[19:53] | They don’t know that yet. | 他们还不知道 |
[19:55] | You have to be accurate, Jeremy, about… | 你要精准 |
[19:57] | [marching band music playing] | 杰雷米 这个… |
[20:00] | [Jeremy] Meanwhile, 70 miles away, | 与此同时 110公里外 |
[20:02] | Sir Ranulph had finally arrived | 雷诺夫爵士终于到达了疫情下安静的伦敦市中心 |
[20:04] | in the center of a COVID-quiet London. | 窄路 不要超过骑行者 |
[20:07] | Not that he saw it that way. | 不过在他看来并非如此 |
[20:09] | [sirens blaring] | |
[20:12] | Where am I? | 我在哪? |
[20:14] | In there, in here? What is going on? | 那边 |
[20:16] | [GPS chimes] | 这边?什么情况? |
[20:17] | [automated female voice] In 100 yards, | 90米内 |
[20:18] | use the second from the left lane | 走左侧第二条车道 |
[20:21] | to turn left onto Piccadilly. | 左转驶入皮卡迪利大街 |
[20:22] | Then use the second from the left lane | 然后走左侧第二条车道 |
[20:24] | to turn slightly right onto Duke of Wellington Place. | 稍向右转 前往威灵顿公爵塑像 |
[20:27] | What? No, not a chance in hell. I’m going straight on. | 什么?绝对不可能 我要直走 |
[20:30] | -[GPS chimes] -At the roundabout turn left. | 在环岛左转 |
[20:32] | Turn left onto Constitution Hill. | 左转前往宪法山路 |
[20:34] | -[GPS chimes] | 环岛第一个路口左转 |
[20:35] | -Take the first left on the roundabout. | 环岛第一个路口左转 |
[20:36] | I don’t understand. Don’t keep telling me to turn left! | 别一直让我左转! |
[20:39] | -[GPS chimes] | 右转进入格罗夫纳广场 |
[20:39] | -Turn right into Grosvenor Place. | 右转进入格罗夫纳广场 |
[20:40] | -[horn honking] -What are you beeping me at? | 你对我按喇叭干什么?混蛋! |
[20:42] | Dickhead! | |
[20:44] | Hello. Just cut right in front of me, why don’t you? | 在我眼前超车是干什么? |
[20:46] | -[GPS chimes] -From the right lane, | 在右侧车道稍向右转驶入皮卡迪利大街 |
[20:48] | turn slightly right onto Piccadilly, | |
[20:49] | then use the left two lanes | 然后走左侧两车道左转 |
[20:51] | to turn left to stay on Piccadilly. | 继续沿皮卡迪利大街行驶 |
[20:52] | What? No, no, no, no. I need to go there. | 什么?不 |
[20:56] | [horn honks] | 我要去那里 |
[20:57] | Sorry, friend. | 抱歉 朋友 |
[20:58] | Congestion charge. Jesus! | 拥堵费 天啊! |
[21:01] | Ultra-low. | 超低 |
[21:02] | -[GPS chimes] -Turn left onto Old Park Lane. | 左转驶入旧园路 |
[21:06] | Great. No left turning. Ah, you’re fucking having me on! | 很好 不能左转 |
[21:09] | I’m meant to go left down there. I’ve got to go left here. | 改道 你在逗我吗?我是要左转的 这里我必须向左走 |
[21:15] | I am looking for a restaurant called Nero. | 我在找一家叫“行”的餐厅 |
[21:19] | Nero, Naro, | “形”、“型” |
[21:22] | Nero, Noro, Naro. | “星”、“幸”、“醒” |
[21:24] | [Jeremy] Eventually, Kaleb found | 最后 卡勒布找到了他要找的餐厅 |
[21:25] | the restaurant he was looking for. | 信 伦敦 |
[21:30] | All right, where do I park? Come on, park. | 我要停在哪?停车位 |
[21:35] | Pay by phone. | “手机付款” |
[21:37] | 027125. | |
[21:41] | [recorded male voice] Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:42] | We’re unable to park you in this location | 我们无法让您在此位置停车 |
[21:44] | as its restrictions do not allow your vehicle type. | 因为您的车型不可在此停车 |
[21:47] | Please look for alternative parking locations nearby. | 请寻找附近其他停车位 |
[21:50] | Thank you for calling | 感谢致电威斯敏斯特付费停车服务 |
[21:51] | Westminster’s pay-to-park service. | |
[21:53] | To find out more available ways to pay, | 如需更多支付方式… |
[21:55] | change your card or vehicle details… What is going on? | 怎么回事? |
[21:58] | …or download VAT receipts. | …或下载增值税发票 |
[21:59] | Please visit www… [marching band music playing] | 请访问www… |
[22:06] | Enter your card’s expiry date | 输入您卡片正面所印的失效日期 |
[22:08] | exactly as printed on the front of the card. | |
[22:10] | To find out more about alternative ways to pay, | 如需更多支付方式 |
[22:13] | change your card or vehicle details or… | 更换卡片或车辆详情或… |
[22:15] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[22:17] | Right. | 好 |
[22:20] | That’s that done. | 就这样吧 |
[22:21] | Ten quid just to park here for an hour. | 在这停一个小时就要10英镑 |
[22:24] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:28] | [director] What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[22:30] | [Kaleb] Trying to open the door. | 我想开门 |
[22:32] | [director] Why? | 为什么这样? |
[22:34] | I haven’t got any gloves and it’s London. | 因为我没有手套 这里是伦敦 |
[22:37] | How are you doing? Are you all right? | 你好吗?我有一些从农场采来的山葵 |
[22:38] | I’ve got some wasabi for you… | |
[22:40] | -Oh, la, la, la, la, la. -…off the farm. | |
[22:42] | Yep. | 好的 |
[22:42] | So… | 所以… |
[22:50] | -[Kaleb] Jesus! | -天啊! |
[22:52] | -[chef] Have you tried your wasabi? | -你尝过你的山葵吗? |
[22:53] | -To eat? -Yeah, yeah, yeah. Nice. | -吃过吗? -是的 非常好 |
[22:56] | I like it. I didn’t have it on any fish, mind. | 我喜欢 我没有配鱼吃 |
[22:58] | I had it on, like, a ready salted crisp. | 我涂在咸薯片上吃的 |
[23:01] | Yeah. | 是么 |
[23:02] | I’m more like a roast dinner chap, you know? | 我更喜欢传统英国晚餐 |
[23:04] | -Mm-hmm. -A proper roast dinner. | 烤肉和蔬菜 |
[23:06] | Well, we try, yeah, your wasabi. | 我们试试吧?你的山葵 |
[23:09] | Nice, like, creamy. I can smell. | 很好 很顺滑 可以闻到 |
[23:14] | Nice one, nice one. Very good, very good. | 很好 非常好 |
[23:17] | And do you want to buy the wasabi? | 你要买吗? |
[23:20] | Are you interested in– | 你有兴趣… |
[23:21] | Not too much. Not too much. | 不太坏 |
[23:23] | If you look at it, though, | 你看呀 |
[23:24] | it’s top-quality Chadlington wasabi, that. | 这是最优质的 查德灵顿山葵 |
[23:27] | Quality good, right. | 品质是很好 |
[23:30] | But the wastage, there’s so | 但损耗太大 |
[23:32] | much wastage because of the size. | 因为这个尺寸会浪费很多 |
[23:33] | [Kaleb] Yeah. | 所以我们需要更大的山葵 不然就太… |
[23:34] | [chef] So, we need to have, like, a bigger | 所以我们需要更大的山葵 |
[23:36] | size, otherwise, like, too much. | 不然就太… |
[23:37] | -Too much waste? -[chef] Yeah. | -浪费太多? |
[23:39] | Ah, right. Okey-dokey. | -是的 |
[23:41] | -Well, thank you very much for everything. | -非常感谢 |
[23:42] | -Thank you very much. | -谢谢你 |
[23:43] | -I’ll try my best to grow a bigger one. | -我会尽力种出更大的山葵 |
[23:45] | -Good stuff. | -东西不错 |
[23:50] | Oh, no! | 哦 不! |
[23:57] | Sixty-five quid? | 65英镑? |
[24:01] | Full charge 130 quid? | 全额130英镑? |
[24:06] | Oh! [country music playing] | 第三部分:田地数据表 |
[24:10] | [Jeremy] With Kaleb | 在卡勒布入不敷出时 |
[24:11] | losing the profits he hadn’t made, | |
[24:13] | I was busy regretting planting so many different vegetables. | 我正忙着后悔种了太多种类的蔬菜 |
[24:18] | Broad beans, beetroots, chard, peas, swede, | 蚕豆、甜菜根、牛皮菜、豌豆、芜菁甘蓝 |
[24:22] | kohlrabi, turnip, cabbage, leeks, pak choi, | 甘蓝、大头菜、卷心菜、韭葱、白菜 |
[24:25] | rhubarb, broccoli, cauliflower, kale and marrow. | 大黄、西兰花、花椰菜、羽衣甘蓝和西葫芦 |
[24:28] | Yeah. Now, the government has a code, | 是 |
[24:30] | obviously, for all of those. | 政府给它们全都编了代码 |
[24:31] | -Yeah. -Broad beans has got a code? | 扁豆有代码? |
[24:33] | Broad beans has a code. | 扁豆有代码 |
[24:35] | -I have to look those codes up. -Yeah, look them up. | -我要查代码 -查一查 |
[24:37] | And then tell them exactly how much. | 然后给他们精确到厘米的信息? |
[24:39] | What do they want it, in centimeters? | |
[24:41] | -Square meters will be fine. -Square meters. | 精确到平方米就可以了 |
[24:43] | You’ve got to do it to four decimal places. | 小数点后四位 |
[24:45] | If you see, we’ve got four decimal places. | 我们小数点后有四个空位 |
[24:47] | They want it to with– They want it that tight? | 要这么精确? |
[24:49] | Yeah, it’s very accurate now. | 是的 现在数据要求很精准 |
[24:51] | Can’t you just write vegetables? Can we guess? | 就不能写蔬菜吗? |
[24:54] | There isn’t just– | 可以估算吗? |
[24:55] | Uh, you could, but then if you’re wrong, | 可以 |
[24:59] | they might implement a penalty, | 但如果估错了 可能会有惩罚 |
[25:01] | and, you know, | 他们现在可以从天上监控 |
[25:01] | they have got eyes in the sky now, | 他们现在可以从天上监控 |
[25:03] | so, you know, there’s satellite images. | 有卫星影像 |
[25:05] | Are you telling me | 你是说 |
[25:07] | the British government | 英国政府正从太空拍摄我的农场 |
[25:09] | is photographing my farm from space | |
[25:12] | to see what I’m growing and doing with it? | 看我在种什么、做什么? |
[25:14] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[25:16] | [marching band music playing] | |
[25:20] | [Jeremy] Desperate to make some money from the trip, | 急于在旅途中挣点钱 |
[25:23] | Sir Ranulph, aided by his chatty satnav… | 雷诺夫爵士在他健谈的卫星导航的帮助下… |
[25:25] | [automated female voice] Harley Street, then turn left onto… | 哈雷街 左转进入… |
[25:27] | [Jeremy] …was now looking for the next restaurant. | …正要寻找下一家餐厅 |
[25:30] | [automated female voice] Turn left onto | 左转进入可胜街 |
[25:30] | Curzon Street, then turn… | 然后… |
[25:33] | Head southeast on Stanhope Row towards Shepherd Street, | 在斯坦霍普路向东南方向驶入牧羊人街 |
[25:36] | then turn right onto Hertford Street. | 然后右转驶入赫特福德街 |
[25:38] | [Kaleb] Oh, my God! | 哦 |
[25:40] | [GPS chimes] | 我的天! |
[25:41] | Turn left onto The Mall. | 左转驶入林荫大道 |
[25:48] | Oh, look at that. | 哦 看啊 |
[25:50] | Is that where the Queen lives, in there? | 女王是住这里吗? |
[25:54] | [Jeremy] At the next restaurant… | 下一间餐厅… 芦花 |
[25:56] | What have you got to offer? | 你有什么? |
[25:58] | This is the wasabi | 这是查德灵顿的农场种植的山葵 |
[25:59] | that’s grown on the farm in Chadlington. | |
[26:01] | -Do you know where Chadlington is? | -你知道查德灵顿在哪吗? |
[26:02] | -Chipping Norton? -No. | -不知道 |
[26:03] | [Jeremy] Kaleb was in full salesman mode. | 卡勒布完全进入了销售员模式 |
[26:07] | I’ve been told, come away from my boss, £300 a kg. | 我老板让我来卖300英镑一公斤 |
[26:11] | £300 a kg? You’re dreaming, mate. | 300英镑一公斤?你做梦呢 伙计 |
[26:14] | Let’s have a look here and see | 我们看看你到底产出有多少 |
[26:16] | what you’ve actually managed to produce, eh? | |
[26:17] | -[Kaleb] Yeah, let’s have a look. | -我们来看… |
[26:19] | -So, there you go. | -好了 |
[26:19] | 204 grams. | 204克 |
[26:21] | Really, if you’re gonna clean it down | 如果清理一下 |
[26:23] | you’ve probably got more like 150 grams, let’s be honest. | 大概有150克 |
[26:26] | Yeah, all right. 150 grams. | 是 好吧 150克 |
[26:28] | -What’s that? A tenner? -Eh? | 那是多少钱?10英镑? |
[26:30] | I’ll give you ten quid for it, mate. That’s a good deal. | 我给你10英镑 伙计 很合算了 |
[26:33] | I reckon we do a deal. Go £15. | 我觉得15英镑能成交 |
[26:35] | -I’ll give you ten, mate. -Twelve. | -我给你10英镑 伙计 |
[26:37] | Ten it is. | 就10镑 |
[26:39] | Okay, deal. | 好吧 成交 |
[26:40] | It just cost me £10 to park. | 我停车就花了10英镑 |
[26:41] | There you go. You pay your parking for free. | 那你赚了停车费 |
[26:48] | [GPS chimes] | |
[26:49] | [automated female voice] In 200 yards, turn left onto | 180米内 |
[26:51] | Lancaster Place. A301. | 左转驶入兰开斯特广场 A301 |
[26:53] | Uh, we are off to the Shard now. | 我们要去碎片大厦了 |
[26:56] | Something called the Shard. | 好像是叫碎片大厦 |
[26:58] | I want to get in there, get it sold, get out of there, go home. | 我想赶紧进去卖掉 出来回家 |
[27:02] | I’ve had enough. | 我受够了 |
[27:04] | [Jeremy] This is probably a good time to reveal | 这时候正好可以发现 |
[27:07] | that the only thing Kaleb hates more than cities is heights. | 唯一比城市更让卡勒布讨厌的东西就是高空 |
[27:12] | Oh, don’t tell me that’s the Shard. You are winding me up. | 别告诉我那就是碎片大厦 你吓到我了 |
[27:17] | Oh, Jesus! | 哦 天啊! |
[27:19] | Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! [elevator beeping] | 天啊! |
[27:23] | Oh! Don’t look at the levels, don’t look at the levels, don’t look at the levels. | 别看楼层 |
[27:32] | [automated female voice] 32nd floor. | 32层 |
[27:34] | [groans] | |
[27:36] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[27:39] | -Doors open. -[groans] | 开门 |
[27:42] | [Jeremy] Still, at least the trip was completely pointless. | 不过至少 这次行程是一无所获的 |
[27:46] | £25, 100 grams. | 25英镑 100克 |
[27:50] | -Let me digest that and I’ll– -[Kaleb] Yeah? | -让我想一下 我会… -是吗? |
[27:52] | Yeah, I’ll give you a call. | 我回头打电话给你 |
[27:54] | -You’re sure you don’t want to buy it now? | -你确定不想现在买吗? |
[27:55] | -Unfortunately, not now, no. | -现在不买 |
[27:57] | Shit! Okey-dokey. Cheers. | 该死!好吧 |
[28:01] | -[cell phone rings] -Mum. | 再见 妈妈 |
[28:03] | Hello. My signal is bad. | 喂 我信号不好 |
[28:05] | I’m up the Shard. | 我在碎片大厦 |
[28:07] | Ever heard of it? | 听过吗? |
[28:08] | It’s like a big building in London. It’s not very good. | 是伦敦的一座大楼 不太好 |
[28:11] | It’s like 1,000 feet up in the air. | 大概有300米高 |
[28:13] | Look, I’ve got to go, all right? | 我得挂了 好吧? |
[28:17] | -[director] Who was that, Kaleb? -That was my mum. | -谁的电话? -我妈 |
[28:19] | She was worried about me. | 她担心我 |
[28:21] | [chuckles] | |
[28:22] | She’s seen me on the family map thing and said, | 她看到我在家庭地图上的位置 说 |
[28:24] | “Why are you in London?” I’m like, “I’m up the Shard.” | “你为什么在伦敦?” 我说:“我在碎片大厦” |
[28:27] | She goes, “Where?” “The Shard in London.” | 她说:“哪儿?” “伦敦的碎片大厦” |
[28:33] | I must admit, it’s quite a nice view, actually. | 我必须得承认 风景不错 |
[28:36] | It would be better if there was, like, a farm, fields, hills. | 如果有农场、田地和山丘就更好了 |
[28:40] | -[director] Are you all right? -No, not really. | -你还好吧? -不 不太好 |
[28:43] | Today I have made… | 今天我赚了… |
[28:47] | nothing. | 一无所获 |
[28:50] | [gospel music playing] | |
[28:53] | [Jeremy] After Kaleb’s failure to sell the wasabi in London, | 卡勒布在伦敦销售山葵失败后 |
[28:57] | we put it in the farm shop… | 我们把山葵放在了农用商店… |
[29:00] | where it rotted. | 最后烂掉了 |
[29:03] | And that wasn’t the end of the bad news. | 坏消息还不止于此 |
[29:05] | God above! | 老天爷! |
[29:07] | Because Lisa’s definition of local produce | 因为丽莎对本地产品的定义 |
[29:11] | had come to the attention of the authorities. | 引起了官方的注意 |
[29:15] | I’ve had an annoying email from the council | 我收到了政府一封烦人的邮件 |
[29:19] | which says that, um, | 说我们在农用商店卖的东西 |
[29:21] | the stuff we sell in the farm shop | |
[29:24] | has to be from a producer | 必须来自 |
[29:26] | based solely within | 仅位于西牛津郡区域境内的制造商 |
[29:27] | West Oxfordshire’s district boundaries | |
[29:30] | and they’re saying that some of the pâté | 他们说一些甜点、芝士和其他产品 |
[29:33] | and cheese and what-have-you | |
[29:35] | is from Gloucestershire. | 来自格洛斯特郡 |
[29:36] | I mean, there’s a pandemic going on. | 现在正值疫情 |
[29:38] | Millions of people are unemployed. | 上百万人失业 |
[29:41] | We have a little business that | 我们一个小本买卖雇了五个员工 |
[29:42] | now has five people on the payroll, | |
[29:46] | we’re supporting local farms and local businesses | 我们在支持本地农场和本地商业 |
[29:48] | and now we have to have | 现在我们面临一个针对我们开庭审理的执法案件 |
[29:50] | an enforcement case opened on us. | |
[29:54] | I mean, God, give me strength! | 老天啊 |
[29:56] | [country music playing] | 帮帮我吧! |
[29:59] | Fortunately, I had already had a genius idea | 幸运的是 我已经想到一个绝妙的办法 |
[30:03] | for making the produce very local. | 让产品变得非常本土 |
[30:06] | All right. I put the bee honeycomb stuff. | 好了 我把蜂窝块拿来 |
[30:10] | I’d decided to turn my spare beeswax into scented candles. | 我决定把多余的蜂蜡做成香薰蜡烛 |
[30:15] | Oh! | |
[30:16] | Taking my inspiration for the scent from a Hollywood A-lister. | 香味灵感来自一位好莱坞知名人士 |
[30:22] | What do you think of that? | 你觉得如何? |
[30:23] | [gasps] | |
[30:25] | And not just lavender. | 不仅有薰衣草 |
[30:29] | A spring onion. | 大葱 |
[30:34] | Just a hint of broad bean. | 来一点蚕豆 |
[30:40] | And there we are. | 好了 |
[30:42] | Let that set. | 静置一下 |
[30:46] | At the shop, Lisa was delighted with the results. | 在店里 丽莎对结果很满意 |
[30:51] | You cannot label that “This smells like my bollocks.” | 你不能贴“闻起来像我的蛋蛋” |
[30:57] | You just can’t. | 不行 |
[30:59] | Gwyneth Paltrow has made a fortune | 格温妮丝帕特洛凭借 |
[31:01] | from her candles which smell like her… | 她…阴道气味的蜡烛可没少赚 |
[31:03] | [mouthing] vagina. | 你觉得因为它气味像你的蛋蛋 |
[31:05] | Do you think these will sell more because it smells like your bollocks? | 所以可以卖更多? |
[31:07] | [Jeremy] I’ve also– Look, “These beeswax scented candles | 看 |
[31:10] | were handmade by Jeremy Clarkson. | 我还写了 “这些蜂蜡蜡烛由杰雷米克拉克森亲手制作 |
[31:11] | You’d never know it, but it’s true,” | “谁知道呢 |
[31:13] | and I’ve signed it to prove I made them. | 不过是真的” |
[31:16] | [country music playing] | 我还签名证明了是我做的 |
[31:18] | Meanwhile, down at the trout pond, | 与此同时 在鳟鱼鱼塘 |
[31:21] | Kaleb, now safely back in his natural habitat, | 安全返回他的自然生活区的卡勒布 |
[31:24] | was busy protecting another source of revenue. | 正忙着保护另一个收入来源 |
[31:29] | [Kaleb] I am putting a fence up. An electric fence up. | 我在布网 布电网 |
[31:32] | We’ve seen a couple of dead fish on the side. | 我们在旁边看到一些死鱼 |
[31:38] | Oh, poor fishy. It’s got some puncture wounds on it. | 哦 可怜的小鱼 身上有一些穿刺伤 |
[31:42] | So, Jeremy put a trap camera down here | 杰雷米在这里设了陷阱相机 |
[31:47] | to see what was causing the fish to die. | 想看看鱼的死因 |
[31:52] | Turned out there was an otter. | 结果发现是因为水獭 |
[31:55] | So, I’m putting up an electric fence | 所以我要布电网 |
[31:58] | around the outside of the pond where the fish are, | 包围鱼塘 |
[32:01] | to try and stop that otter getting in. | 试图阻止水獭进入 |
[32:03] | But we’ve also had to put this up because | 但我们布置这些还有一个原因是为了防止苍鹭进来 |
[32:05] | the heron keeps coming in. | |
[32:09] | That’s another thing that will take a fish. | 它也会吃鱼 |
[32:11] | So, I’ve had to put this fence up, | 我得把电网支起来 |
[32:13] | put the owl up to try and scare the heron away… | 竖起猫头鹰模型 |
[32:16] | [grunts] | 把苍鹭吓走 |
[32:18] | and put a metal man up | 立一个金属人 |
[32:20] | to try and deter him as well. | 也是为了驱赶它 |
[32:23] | There’s a lot of work in fish. | 要照看鱼有很多事要做 |
[32:26] | [country music playing] | |
[32:30] | [Jeremy] A week later, my local pub | 一周后 |
[32:32] | agreed to put our trout on its menu. | 我的本地酒吧同意把我们的鳟鱼加入菜单 |
[32:35] | So, I went down to the pond with a net, | 于是我带着网来到鱼塘 |
[32:38] | feeling weirdly conflicted. | 觉得内心很矛盾 |
[32:41] | -The only reason this fence is here… | 这个电网在这里的唯一原因 |
[32:43] | -Yeah. | |
[32:43] | …is to stop the otter eating the fish, | 就是阻止水獭吃鱼 |
[32:45] | so we can sell them to rich people in the pub. | 好让我们把它们卖给酒吧里的有钱人 |
[32:47] | [Lisa] Yeah. | |
[32:48] | The whole point of this was wilding. | 这里本来的目的是野化 |
[32:50] | [Jeremy] I then decided I didn’t really care about that, | 然后我认识到自己不在乎 |
[32:54] | so we got to work. | 于是我们开始干活了 |
[32:56] | [whispering] You throw some food in. | 你扔点吃的进去 |
[32:58] | -[whispering] Put the food in first? | -先扔吃的? |
[32:59] | -Yeah. | -对 |
[33:00] | Yeah. | -好 |
[33:01] | Then I’ll be ready to pounce with the net. | -我准备用网猛地一捞 |
[33:03] | Fish, fish, fish, fish. | 小鱼小鱼 |
[33:05] | You can’t call them. They’re not like dogs. | -它们又不是狗 |
[33:07] | Well, I do normally. | -我一般都会这样做 |
[33:08] | [Jeremy] Right. You can see where my net’s gonna go in? | 你能看到我的网要往哪里去吧?你就往那儿扔 |
[33:10] | -Yeah. | |
[33:11] | -That’s where you’ve got to chuck it. | |
[33:12] | I need to get them food first. Fish, fish. | 我先给它们吃的 |
[33:14] | No. Fish, please, please. | 小鱼 |
[33:16] | -Will you just put it where the net is? | -能扔在网的位置吗? |
[33:17] | -Okay, fine. There. | -好的 那边 |
[33:18] | -Thank you. -See, they know you’re there. | -谢谢 -看 它们知道你在 |
[33:21] | They don’t– They’re not Stephen Hawking. | 它们不…它们又不是史蒂芬霍金 |
[33:28] | Shit! | 该死! |
[33:31] | [sighs] | |
[33:33] | -Ready? -No. | -准备好了? -没有 |
[33:35] | Steady and go. | 稳住 上 |
[33:38] | -[Lisa] Oh, dear, I think I’ve got some. | 我觉得我抓到了 |
[33:40] | -Oh, well done. | -干得好 -哦 我的天! |
[33:41] | [Lisa] Oh, my God! Yeah, I’ve got like… [Jeremy] Quickly, in the bucket, before they do dying. | 赶快放进桶里 |
[33:43] | [Lisa] …eight. Oh! [country music playing] | 别让它们死掉 |
[33:46] | [Jeremy] Thanks to my accuracy with the fish food, | 多亏我的精准投食 |
[33:48] | Lisa had landed a good catch. | 丽莎抓到了不少鱼 |
[33:51] | [Lisa] That’s awesome. My God, they just look delicious. | 真不错 我的天 它们看起来好美味 |
[33:54] | Now we’ve got to get them to the pub. | 我们要把它们运到酒吧去 |
[33:55] | Come on, because it’s lunchtime in a minute. Okay. | 马上就到午餐时间了 |
[33:58] | They’ve got to go in there and then, hilariously, | 它们要转移到里面去 好笑的是 |
[34:01] | the law of England says they have to be oxygenated. | 英国法律规定 鱼箱必须加氧 |
[34:06] | So, I have to have an oxygen tank | 所以我必须准备一个氧气罐给水加氧 |
[34:07] | to keep the water oxygenated | |
[34:09] | for the, what is it, six-minute journey, | 就为了这段开往酒吧的六分钟路程 |
[34:11] | seven-minute journey to the pub where they’re going to be killed. | 最后它们会被杀掉 |
[34:15] | Right. | 对 |
[34:16] | [country music playing] | |
[34:20] | Very steep. Sorry about this, fishes. | 很陡 抱歉 鱼儿们 |
[34:24] | Come on, car. You know you can do it. | 走啊 汽车 |
[34:26] | You know you want to do it. | 你知道你可以的 你愿意 |
[34:35] | Delivered fish before, of course, in, um, Mozambique. | 我以前当然送过鱼 在莫桑比克 |
[34:39] | That went well. | 那时候很顺利 |
[34:44] | All right, it’s heavy. | 好 真重 |
[34:47] | Vincent, look what I’ve got. | 文森特 看看我带什么来了 |
[34:50] | Wow! | 哇! |
[34:51] | [Jeremy] Just caught them a minute ago. | 一分钟前刚抓的 |
[34:53] | -Trout. -Baby trout? | -鳟鱼 -小鳟鱼? |
[34:54] | Well, you say that. Succulent. | 你要这么说我也没办法 它们鲜美多汁 |
[34:57] | That’s the one. That’s got the– | 就是这只 它有… |
[34:59] | you can just turn him over. | 你可以翻过来 不 这边 |
[35:02] | That’s where the heron’s beak nearly got him, | 苍鹭的喙差点捉走它 |
[35:04] | so he’s a lucky fish. | 所以它是一条幸运鱼 |
[35:06] | [man laughs] Not for long, not for long. | 没幸运太久 |
[35:09] | [Jeremy] And they’re two quid each. | 每条2英镑 |
[35:11] | -Let’s get them inside then. All right. | -我们搬进去吧 |
[35:12] | -All right, you do that. | -搬吧 |
[35:13] | -Yeah. -All right, chaps. Bye, fish. | -好 小伙子们 |
[35:15] | Yeah, take care. | 再见 小鱼 -保重 |
[35:16] | [banjo music playing] | 泰特旅馆 查德灵顿 1 3/4 单行道 |
[35:21] | [Jeremy] As June ended, my new farm projects | 查德灵顿 6月接近尾声 |
[35:24] | were starting to tick over quite nicely. | 我的新农场计划进展不错 根本没货农用商店 |
[35:29] | -Hello. How are you? -Hello. I’m good. You? | -你好吗? -我很好 你呢? |
[35:31] | Good, good. Fine, thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[35:32] | Super. I’ve got some bags here. | 太好了 我这里有袋子 |
[35:34] | [Jeremy] Thanks to a brief respite from lockdown, | 多亏了封锁 人们得以稍作休息 |
[35:37] | more people were visiting the farm shop. | 更多人造访了农用商店 |
[35:40] | [Lisa] It’s really good to be finally open. | 终于能开门真是太好了 |
[35:43] | [Jeremy] And the pub had more customers for our trout. | 酒吧也有更多顾客点我们的鳟鱼 |
[35:47] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[35:50] | However, these ventures were all sideshows | 然而和主场活动比起来 |
[35:54] | compared to the main event. | 这些冒险都只是余兴节目 |
[35:56] | The engine room of the farm. | 农场的核心 |
[36:00] | The crops. | 庄稼 |
[36:01] | Which had been in the ground now for eight months. | 已经种在地里八个月了 10月 11月 |
[36:05] | [dramatic music playing] | 1月 3月 5月 |
[36:40] | For most of that time, | 7月 |
[36:41] | nature had been a vindictive bastard. | 大多数时候 大自然都像一个怀恨在心的混蛋 |
[36:45] | But somehow, the barley wasn’t all completely ruined. | 然而不知为何 大麦并没有被完全毁掉 |
[36:53] | [Charlie] Actually, it looks okay. It looks pretty good. | 其实看起来还好 非常不错 |
[36:57] | Given the year it’s had, you know, it was late drilled. | 考虑到今年的情况 播种推迟 |
[36:59] | -Very late. -Really wet. | -非常迟 -严重雨季 |
[37:01] | Very wet. | 大暴雨 |
[37:03] | Really dry. | 严重干旱 |
[37:04] | Then it was very hot. | 后来又很热 |
[37:05] | And actually, you know, it’s a perfectly good crop of barley. | 其实这大麦长得真不错 |
[37:10] | [Jeremy] Charlie then announced that harvesting was imminent. | 然后查理宣布 收割即将来临 |
[37:14] | Probably four or five, five or six days away. | 大约四五天 或者六天后 |
[37:16] | -There’s a bit of green on the stem. | -茎上有绿色 |
[37:17] | -Oh, really? | -真的吗? |
[37:18] | Yeah. This is the worst bit. The middle. | 这是最糟糕的部分 |
[37:20] | The rest of it is pretty ready. | 中间 剩下的都已经可以了 |
[37:21] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的? |
[37:23] | [country music playing] | -是的 |
[37:26] | [Jeremy] We then moved onto the next crop. | 然后我们去看下一种作物 |
[37:28] | [Charlie] So, this is oil seed rape, as you well know. | 这是油菜 |
[37:31] | [Jeremy] Yes. | 如你所知 |
[37:32] | [Charlie] And these are the oil seed. They come out of the pods | 这些是油菜籽 从豆荚里取出 |
[37:35] | and they should be nice and black all over. | 应该是通体黑色 |
[37:37] | Mmm, it’s a few days. | 还有几天…大概还要等十天 |
[37:39] | It’s probably a good ten days away yet. | |
[37:41] | -Ten days? -Ten days. | -十天? -十天 |
[37:42] | -And then we can harvest it? -Then we can harvest it. | -然后就可以收割了? -然后就可以收割 |
[37:45] | Excellent. So, is there | 很好 |
[37:46] | anything else left to do with this? | 这里还有什么要做的吗? |
[37:49] | Kill it, to make sure it’s dead. | 杀死它 确保它们都死掉 |
[37:52] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[37:53] | Well, I know it sounds a little bizarre. | 我知道听起来有点奇怪 |
[37:56] | The rape is dying naturally and the top is ready, | 油菜会自然死亡 顶部已经长好了 |
[37:59] | but the bottom is still very much alive. | 但底部还在生长 |
[38:02] | But you’re saying you want to kill off | 可你想把油菜活着的部分杀死? |
[38:05] | the living bit of the oil seed rape? | |
[38:06] | -The living bit of the oil seed rape. | -活着的部分 -为什么? |
[38:07] | -Why? | 因为这样更容易收割 |
[38:08] | Because it will, | 因为这样更容易收割 |
[38:10] | it just makes it easier to cut the crop. | |
[38:12] | So, what does a combine do? It comes on, cuts it there. | 联合收割机会怎么做?在这里切割 |
[38:14] | It cuts that, so that’ll, you know, the knife. | -切割那里 |
[38:16] | Right, which could do that. | 刀片… -可以这样 |
[38:17] | Or do you want it– Is it easier when it’s dead? | 死掉的更好割? |
[38:19] | -It’s easier, much easier when it’s dead. | 死掉的油菜要好割很多 |
[38:20] | -Okay. | |
[38:20] | [Charlie] Much, much easier when it’s dead. | |
[38:22] | And we’re not killing the seeds, because the seed’s encapsulated. | 我们不会杀死种子 因为种子在荚膜里 |
[38:25] | [Jeremy] So we just drive a harvester through it? | 我们开收割机穿过这里? |
[38:27] | Yeah. Have you got one? | -是的 你有吗? |
[38:29] | -No. We’re gonna rent one. -Very good. | -没有 我们会租一台 |
[38:31] | -So, you’ve got a contractor coming in? | 要雇合同工? |
[38:32] | -Yep. | -有几件事要注意 -好 |
[38:33] | -A few things to be wary. -Yeah. | -有几件事要注意 -好 |
[38:35] | Moisture. | 湿度 |
[38:36] | -Moisture? -Moisture. | -湿度? -湿度 |
[38:38] | It needs to be between six and nine percent. | 必须在6%到9%之间 |
[38:41] | So, moisture is the main thing | 湿度最重要 |
[38:43] | and the contractor will possibly want to just say, | 合同工可能会说 |
[38:46] | “10.5% “Oh, it’s only ten and a half percent, | |
[38:49] | we’ll come and combine,” | 差不多了 我们来收割吧” |
[38:50] | and you say “No.” | 你要说:“不行” |
[38:51] | I said you say… | 我是说你说… |
[38:53] | You say? | 你说? |
[38:54] | -I won’t be here. -Can you imagine– Can you– | -我不在 -你能想象… |
[38:56] | What do you mean, you won’t be here? | 什么意思? |
[38:58] | -I’m going on holiday. -What? | -我要度假 -什么? |
[38:59] | Well, you’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[39:01] | You don’t need me by then. You’ll be fine. | 那时候你不需要我 |
[39:03] | -I do need you. -You’ll be fine. | -我需要 -你会没事的 |
[39:04] | Hold on a minute. | 经过这一切 |
[39:05] | All this and then it comes to harvest… [laughs] | 到了收获的时候… |
[39:08] | I’m no use. Like, what do you want me for? | 我没用了 你要我做什么? |
[39:10] | Well, how am I gonna be able to tell | 我怎么知道湿度是3%还是17%? |
[39:12] | whether that’s got three | |
[39:12] | percent moisture or 17 percent? | |
[39:15] | Well, you put it in your moisture meter. | 放在湿度计里测一测 |
[39:17] | Is there a moisture-o-meter for that? | 有这种湿度计? |
[39:19] | -Have you not got a moisture meter? | -你没有湿度计? |
[39:20] | -No. Ah. | -没有 |
[39:23] | Oh, God! | 哦 天啊! |
[39:25] | [dramatic music playing] | 下集预告 |
[39:26] | [Jeremy] My first harvest. | 我的第一次收割 |
[39:28] | This is so much harder. | 这可难多了 |
[39:30] | Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! | 该死! |
[39:33] | Wait, wait! Whoa! | 等一下!哇! |
[39:34] | [indistinct] | |
[39:37] | [Jeremy] I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[39:38] | Twenty lorries you should have organized. | 你应该订20辆卡车 |
[39:40] | Twenty lorries? | -20辆卡车? |
[39:41] | Twenty lorries. And it’s gonna rain tonight. | -今晚会下雨 |
[39:43] | You’ve fucked up. | 你搞砸了 |
[39:45] | [music playing] | 创意监督: 罗婷婷 |