时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | [opening theme music playing] | |
[00:24] | [Jeremy] Although the freakish autumn rainfall had played havoc | 虽然奇异的秋季降雨严重破坏了 |
[00:27] | with my farming plans, | 我的农业计划 |
[00:30] | there were days when the sun came out | 但在有些日子里还是有阳光的 |
[00:32] | and Kaleb could get back to tractoring. | 此时卡勒布就可以开拖拉机作业 |
[00:39] | And on one of these rare occasions, I decided we needed a treat. | 在这种难得的时刻 我觉得要犒劳一下我们 |
[00:48] | Right. I’m on my way to the local farm shop | 对 我正要去当地的农用商店 |
[00:52] | to pick up a ploughman’s. Well, what I need for a ploughman’s. | 采购农夫便当 采购便当需要的原材料 |
[01:00] | And here we are. | 我们到了 |
[01:04] | You have arrived at your destination. | 您已到达目的地 |
[01:13] | Right. | 好 |
[01:16] | Some of those, | 来点这个 |
[01:19] | ham, pork pie. | 火腿 猪肉派 |
[01:24] | Oh, wait, cheese. | 哦 等等 奶酪 |
[01:25] | Have you got any Norwegian Jarlsberg? | 你们有挪威亚尔斯贝格奶酪吗? |
[01:28] | -[woman] We don’t. -Cheddar? | -没有 -切达呢? |
[01:29] | [woman] We have wonderful cheddar if you’d like a good, strong cheddar. | 如果你喜欢口味浓重的切达奶酪 我们有很好的产品 |
[01:33] | So this is all really made by Daylesford and sold in the shop? | 这真的是戴尔斯福德制作在店里销售的吗? |
[01:36] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 |
[01:40] | Nothing to see there. | 那边没什么要看的 |
[01:42] | That’s what you need, crusty loaf, butter. | 要的就是这个 脆皮面包 黄油 |
[01:46] | Yeah, one ploughman’s in my bag. | 是的 我的包里有一份农夫便当 |
[01:53] | -Lovely. Thank you so much. -Thank you. | -很好 非常感谢 -谢谢 |
[01:55] | -How much is that? -That is £83.44, please. | -多少钱? -一共83.44英镑 |
[02:01] | I’ll pop those on top. | 我把这些放在上面 |
[02:04] | -All right, a bit more than that, then. -[cashier laughs] | 好的 |
[02:06] | 83? 30… | 还缺一点 |
[02:10] | 40. There’s 90. | 40 这里是90 |
[02:12] | [cashier] Would you like your receipt? | 需要收据吗? |
[02:14] | Uh, yeah, because nobody will believe me otherwise. | 好 不然没人相信我花了这么多钱 |
[02:17] | -[laughs] -Thanks. | 谢谢 戴尔斯福德 有机农场 |
[02:20] | [Jeremy] This, however, turned out to be a wise investment, | 然而结果证明 这是笔非常明智的投资 |
[02:23] | because on the way home, | 因为在回家路上 |
[02:26] | a 5-million-watt light bulb went on in my head. | 我脑子里想到一个绝妙的点子 |
[02:32] | Farm shop? Why would I not do that? | 农用商店?为什么不做呢? |
[02:36] | If I put up a little barn somewhere, | 如果我在某个地方建个小屋 |
[02:39] | fill it with all the produce that comes off the farm… | 里面放上农场产出的农产品… |
[02:45] | That’s not a bad idea. | 这主意不错 |
[02:51] | In fact, it was a brilliant idea, | 其实这是个极好的主意 |
[02:54] | and I even had a location in mind. | 我甚至连位置都想好了 |
[03:02] | Hmm. | |
[03:05] | This isn’t used for farming. It’s just waste ground. | 这里没有种东西 只是荒废的地 |
[03:10] | There’s a road there, gate there, so there’s good access. | 那边有路 有门 交通方便 |
[03:13] | And best of all, behind these trees, come and have a look. | 最棒的是 这些树后面 过来看 |
[03:18] | Through this little gate here, | 穿过这扇小门 |
[03:21] | caravan site. | 是房车停车点 |
[03:24] | Endlessly-changing customers, | 会不断有不同的客人在这里停留 |
[03:27] | and they’ll never be able to tell the people the following week | 他们永远没机会告诉别人 |
[03:30] | how bad my shop is, if it is bad. | 我的商店有多糟 如果很糟糕的话 |
[03:32] | No bad word-of-mouth. | 不会有坏口碑 |
[03:38] | With the location sorted, I called Alan, | 解决了地点问题 我打电话给阿兰 |
[03:40] | who’s been my builder for 25 years, to scope out the site. | 帮我规划这个地方 他25年来一直做我的建造师 |
[03:47] | [Alan] There’s the edge. You’re going right up by that edge in the arm. | 要沿着那片狭长地带的边缘 |
[03:49] | When you’re looking down that hill, you want to be in line with it, | 和山丘保持在一条直线上 |
[03:52] | so you want to be coming off that corner square out there. | 从那里过来成一个直角 |
[03:54] | [Jeremy] I didn’t actually have all the planning permission yet, | 其实我还没有拿到所有规划许可 |
[03:57] | but Alan said that despite this, | 但阿兰说即便如此 |
[04:00] | we could get cracking by removing the first few inches of top soil. | 我们也可以开始铲掉上层几厘米的土 |
[04:05] | We strip the land just so we can see what we got. Finish at that. | 我们把地挖开看看情况 结束之后 |
[04:08] | -So… -Everything’s ready. | 一切就准备好了 |
[04:09] | -I haven’t jumped the gun here? -No. | -我没有抢先行动吧? -没有 |
[04:11] | -I’ve not broken any law? -Absolutely. | -我没有犯法? -绝对没有 |
[04:14] | [Jeremy] I therefore leapt immediately | 因此我马上 |
[04:16] | into the driving seat of Alan’s big digger. | 跳上了阿兰的大型挖掘机的驾驶座 |
[04:21] | Yeah, look at that. | 看啊 |
[04:25] | Here we go. | 来了 |
[04:27] | [Alan] Oh, my van. Oh, my God. | 哦 我的货车 我的天 |
[04:30] | Oh, shit. | 哦 该死 |
[04:31] | Nice and smooth. Take the grass off. | 小心稳住 把草铲掉 |
[04:37] | Too deep. | 太深了 |
[04:40] | Not so deep. | 不要这么深 |
[04:42] | [Jeremy] It turned out my diggering skills were quite poor. | 结果我的挖掘技术太烂了 |
[04:45] | [Alan] Fucking hell. It’s like a swimming pool. | 该死 跟游泳池一样 |
[04:48] | [Jeremy] So, after Alan suggested I go and do something else, | 在阿兰建议我去别处转转之后 |
[04:53] | I went to check on the small patch of experimental potatoes | 我去看了那一小片试验土豆田 |
[04:57] | I planted on spec a few months earlier. | 是我几个月前冒险种下的 |
[05:04] | [Jeremy chuckling] | |
[05:09] | I’ve grown a thing! | 我种出东西了! |
[05:13] | Another one! | 又一个! |
[05:14] | There’s millions of them. There’s, like, five. | 成千上万 这里有五个 |
[05:18] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[05:21] | [exclaims] | |
[05:23] | And another. | 又一个 |
[05:24] | As I was digging away, cheerful Charlie dropped by. | 在我挖土豆时 开心的查理来了 |
[05:30] | Are they good potatoes? I know that’s a baking potato, | 这些土豆好吗?我知道这个可以做烤土豆 |
[05:32] | that’s great, and those are new. | 非常好 这些是嫩土豆 |
[05:34] | -And that’s a little salad potato. -They’re all the same. | -那是沙拉土豆 -它们都一样 |
[05:36] | But they’re Melody. They’re good variety. They’ll be… they’ll be really good. | 不过它们是梅乐迪品种 非常好的品种 会很好吃的 |
[05:40] | The thing is, though, it’s taken me the best part of half an hour to do that. | 问题是 挖这么多花了我半个小时 |
[05:45] | I’ve got one bucket. So, how many buckets am I going to get from here? | 我挖出了一桶 这里能挖出多少桶? |
[05:50] | Uh, we should be on between 14, 16 tons an acre. | 每亩应该在两三吨左右 |
[05:55] | -We’ve got about two acres here. -Sorry, you just said 14 tons? | -这里大约是12亩 -你说两三吨? |
[05:58] | -Yeah. -Are going to come out of here? | -是的 -这里能长出这么多? |
[05:59] | -Just two acres? -Just two acres. | -只是12亩地? -只是12亩地 |
[06:02] | That’s a lot of chips. | 能做好多薯条啊 |
[06:05] | I could put them in the farm shop, | 我可以把它们拿去农用商店卖 |
[06:07] | except the farm shop’s not built and I haven’t got planning permission. | 只是商店还没建好 我还没拿到规划许可 |
[06:12] | So, how long… If we get the farm shop built in, realistically, six weeks, | 等等…如果现实来说 我能在六周内把农用商店建好 |
[06:18] | if planning permission comes through this week… | 如果这周能拿到规划许可… |
[06:20] | -[Charlie] Yup. -Would these keep another six weeks? | -是 -这些土豆能放六周吗? |
[06:22] | We can keep these for six weeks. | 我们可以放六周 |
[06:24] | How can I keep these from becoming useless for six weeks? | 我要怎么让它们保鲜六周? |
[06:28] | So, we’ve got to top it rather than spraying it off. | 我们要除掉顶端 而不是给它们喷灌 |
[06:31] | What, you mean a lawnmower, effectively? | -你是说用割草机? |
[06:33] | So, lawnmower. Off we go. | -割草机 全割掉 |
[06:34] | -So, you take the leaves off, -Take the leaves off, | 把叶片割掉 |
[06:36] | -and then they’ll just lie dormant? -And they’ll lie dormant. | 它们就会躺在下面休眠吗? |
[06:38] | And the skin sort of firms up. | 它们会休眠 表皮会变紧 |
[06:39] | -And that’s good? -And that’s good. | -这是好事? -是好事 |
[06:41] | That… that will enable it to store for longer. | 这会让它储存更久 |
[06:47] | [Jeremy] Kaleb then leant me his topping machine, | 卡勒布把他的割草机借给了我 |
[06:50] | and after giving me a lesson in how it works… | 在教会我如何使用后… |
[06:52] | All right, that’s it. So now feet are enabled. Now press it again. | 好了 底部启动了 再按一次 |
[06:56] | [Jeremy] …I was on my way. | …我上路了 |
[07:00] | Yes. | 好 |
[07:03] | Taking the leaves off my potatoes. | 给我的土豆去除叶片 |
[07:06] | That will deprive the potato of its ability to grow, | 这样可以让土豆失去生长能力 |
[07:10] | and it will just lay dormant in the soil. | 在土壤下休眠 |
[07:14] | -God, it’s a good tractor. -[Kaleb] Jeremy, can you hear me? | 天啊 这拖拉机真棒 |
[07:16] | -It’s Kaleb. -[Jeremy] Yeah, got you. | -杰雷米 能听见吗? -能 |
[07:18] | [Kaleb] Might want to drop the topper down. | 你最好把割草机放下 |
[07:20] | It might help a little bit. | 这样才有用 |
[07:25] | Rookie error. | 新手失误 |
[07:27] | Yeah, yeah. I knew that. I’m just going to go back to the start now | 我就知道 我要回到起点 |
[07:30] | and then actually do it with the topper lowered, | 把割草机放下再来一次 |
[07:32] | because I think that will make a huge difference. | 我觉得这样会有很大不同 |
[07:37] | It did, and finally I was in business. | 是的 我终于开始上道了 |
[07:46] | He’s doing a good job. | 他干得不错 |
[07:49] | [Jeremy] Then, with the potatoes sleeping soundly in the ground, | 土豆在地下安睡的同时 |
[07:54] | I was free to concentrate on other produce for the farm shop. | 我得以集中精力研究农用商店其他货品 |
[08:01] | I’ve been doing some research, and it turns out that Chadlington, | 我在做研究 然后发现查德灵顿 |
[08:04] | the local village, is named after St. Chad, who is the patron saint | 这个本地村庄是因圣查德得名 |
[08:08] | of wells and springs. | 他是水井和泉水的守护神 |
[08:10] | What’s more, the entire village got its drinking water | 而且 整个村庄的饮用水 |
[08:13] | from springs on this farm. | 都来自这个农场的泉水 |
[08:16] | But then, one night in 1972, | 然而1972年的一个夜晚 |
[08:19] | the water board switched everybody over to mains water. | 水务局把大家的水源切换成了自来水 |
[08:24] | And they were livid. They were furious. | 村民们很生气 出离愤怒 |
[08:27] | Questions were asked in the Houses of Parliament. | 人们在议会提出质疑 |
[08:30] | The local television station sent a reporter to Chadlington | 当地电视台派了一名记者去查德灵顿 |
[08:34] | to cover the story. I’ve got a clip of that here. | 报道这个事件 我这里有一段录像 |
[08:39] | An interesting lesson in democracy here at Chadlington. | 一场有意思的民主事件在查德灵顿上演 |
[08:42] | That is Chris Tarrant. It’s actually Chris Tarrant. | 那是克里斯塔兰特 真的是他 |
[08:45] | That’s where he began. | 这是他事业起步的地方 |
[08:46] | In the end, it seems the authorities can pipe what they like | 当局似乎可以随意选择给水龙头接上何种管道 |
[08:49] | through to the village’s taps, | |
[08:50] | but short of forcibly pouring it down their throats, | 但无法强制将水龙头接入村民的喉咙 |
[08:53] | they can’t make them drink it. | 无法强制村民饮用 |
[08:54] | Mrs. Kerr, you’ve been drinking this spring water a long time. | 库尼太太 您一直喝泉水 |
[08:57] | What’s so special about it? | 它有什么特别之处? |
[08:59] | Well, because it’s pure. Don’t want that other filth. | 它很纯净 我不想喝那些污水 |
[09:02] | [Chris] What is it you don’t like about tap water? | 你为什么不喜欢自来水? |
[09:04] | Well, it’s horrible. | 它太糟糕了 |
[09:05] | Well, we had a tank of tropical fish, | 我们本来有一缸热带鱼 |
[09:08] | but now it’s been changed over, and they’ve all died. | 可换了水之后它们都死了 |
[09:10] | It’s mixed with sewage from Temple Guiting and Bourton-on-the-Water. | 里面混了坦普桂亭村和水上伯顿村的污水 |
[09:15] | All the sewage is going to come into it. | 所有污水都会汇入其中 |
[09:18] | All the locals want to drink is this stuff. | 所有本地人想喝的只有这个 |
[09:23] | They’ve been doing so for centuries, and it’s beautiful. | 几个世纪来他们都喝泉水 真的很好喝 |
[09:25] | So he beat me to the Chadlington water story, | 他比我抢先知道了查德灵顿的水源故事 |
[09:29] | and then he beat me to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? | 又在《谁想成为百万富翁》里抢了我的先? |
[09:32] | I just live in the man’s shadow. | 我真是活在他的阴影里 |
[09:35] | But now I would have the last laugh, | 但现在笑到最后的人是我 |
[09:37] | because I would bring back Chadlington’s spring water. | 因为我要带回查德灵顿的泉水 |
[09:41] | I just want to see this spring, because I’ve never really paid attention | 我要看看这泉水 |
[09:44] | to the springs before. | 之前我都没留意过 |
[09:46] | Job one for Lisa and I was to gather some samples for testing. | 我和丽莎的首要任务是收集一些样本用于检测 |
[09:53] | Are you grabbing it from straight where it comes out the ground? | 你是直接取了刚从地里出来的水吗? |
[09:55] | [Lisa] Yes. | 对 |
[09:58] | This is exactly what Perrier do. | 这就是巴黎水的生产商做的事 |
[09:59] | [Lisa] You know, that’s actually delicious. | 挺好喝的 |
[10:05] | [Jeremy] Look how quickly you can fill a bottle up from here. | 看看装满一瓶有多快 |
[10:08] | See, what I’m thinking is, this would be like B&Q with an old-people hiring policy. | 看 我是这么想的 这就像是专雇老年人的百安居 |
[10:14] | Get a load of pensioners at the bottom of the waterfall | 找一大批领养老金的人在瀑布底部 |
[10:16] | with bottles, filling them up. | 拿着瓶子装满 |
[10:18] | It’d be fantastic, gainful employment for the elderly. | 太棒了 有收入的老年人就业 |
[10:23] | This is the kind of thing you get the CBE for. | 想出这种主意是可以获得大英帝国司令勋章的 |
[10:28] | Having sent the samples off to the lab, I had another brainwave. | 把样本送去实验室后 我又想到一个点子 |
[10:35] | What I have here is a wasabi plant | 我手里是一株山葵 |
[10:41] | known as green gold, | 它被称作绿色黄金 |
[10:43] | because this, in the shops, would cost you £52, | 因为这个在店里可以卖到52英镑 |
[10:48] | and that’s the same as half a ton of carrots. | 和半吨胡萝卜一个价 |
[10:53] | So, to get at the actual edible bit we have to peel the bark. | 要获得真正可食用的部分 我们要剥掉外皮 |
[11:00] | Most of the green, hot wasabi paste you get in Japanese restaurants | 你在日料店吃到的大部分绿色辣芥末酱 |
[11:05] | is actually mustard and horseradish | 其实是芥菜加辣根 |
[11:09] | sort of mixed up with artificial sweeteners and coloring. | 混上人工甜味剂和色素 |
[11:13] | This is the real deal. | 这是真东西 |
[11:17] | If I can grow this here, | 如果我在这里种这个 |
[11:22] | I’m going to be looking at G5 catalogues in no time at all. | 很快就可以买奔驰G5系列了 |
[11:37] | Mmm… Mmm… | |
[11:49] | That is fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[11:53] | Oh, it’s here, now. It’s here. It’s… it’s here. | 哦 到这里了 |
[11:58] | Wasabi is not easy to grow, though. | 但山葵并不好种 |
[12:01] | It needs a supply of fast-flowing water that’s exactly the right temperature | 它需要水流快速流动 温度适宜 |
[12:06] | and has exactly the right PH level. | 酸碱度适宜 |
[12:10] | And once I’d found a stream that fitted the bill, | 等我找到合适的溪流 |
[12:13] | I had to build a bed, which meant I needed a machine. | 我要搭好种植床 |
[12:18] | [machine whirring] | 也就是说我需要一台机器 |
[12:26] | Single-cylinder engine, | 单缸发动机 |
[12:28] | 0.16 liters, top speed: three. | 0.16升 最高速度:三 |
[12:33] | I’m going to call it the James May. | 我要叫它詹姆斯梅 |
[12:42] | [grunts] | |
[12:53] | I’ve now planted about 100 wasabi plants. | 我现在种了100株山葵 |
[12:58] | If they all survive, that’s… | 如果都能成活 那就… |
[13:01] | well, £5,000 for the roots | 根可以卖五千英镑 |
[13:03] | and then another £1,000 for the leaves, probably. | 叶子也许可以卖一千英镑 |
[13:07] | And that is more than you’ll get from, | 这赚的要比 |
[13:09] | well, hundreds of acres of wheat. | 上百亩小麦还多 |
[13:13] | This is where the money is. | 这就是能赚钱的地方 |
[13:19] | I then broke off from farm shop jobs, | 然后我暂停了农用商店的工作 |
[13:21] | because Charlie had been badgering me about my farm equipment | 因为查理一直在唠叨我的农用设备 |
[13:25] | being left out in the open. | 被随意放置 |
[13:27] | So, I took some anti-theft measures with my newly-appointed head of security, | 于是我和我新任命的安保部长 干砌石筑墙人杰拉德一起 |
[13:32] | Gerald, the dry-stone waller. | 采取了一些防盗措施 |
[13:37] | I told you I could carry it. | 我跟你说了我拿得动 |
[13:38] | [chuckles] You wait. You ain’t got a lot there yet. | |
[13:40] | There’s ten tons to come. | |
[13:43] | -Jesus Christ. [laughs] -[Gerald laughs] | 老天爷 |
[13:47] | Come on, you bastard. | 来啊 |
[13:49] | No, no. [mutters indistinctly] Yeah, five o’clock normally, on a Friday. | 混蛋 |
[13:57] | [Jeremy] Right. -That will do. -It’s gonna come up to… | 对 |
[14:04] | The thing is… but I did them by the loader, that was all. Well, supposedly. If we go into that one, spreader next then… | 可以了 |
[14:13] | [Jeremy] Oh, yeah. | 哦 好 |
[14:16] | Right. | 好 |
[14:18] | -Listen, 20 to 6:00. -All right. | -你看 5点40 |
[14:21] | Before they send a search party out from The Chequers, | -好 在他们从契克斯派出搜寻队之前 |
[14:24] | you should get down there. | 你应该去那里 |
[14:26] | Um, lovely to see you again, thanks for your help. All right, mate. I should be… | 很高兴又见到你 |
[14:30] | Hopefully, in about a week’s time, because I’ve got to do some… Well, it probably won’t get on the program? | 谢谢 |
[14:38] | -Yeah. | -Yeah. That’s right. All right. 好的 |
[14:43] | [Jeremy] So, my equipment was now secure. | 现在我的设备都安全了 |
[14:45] | I would soon have stuff to sell in the shop, | 我很快就会有能在店里卖的东西了 |
[14:48] | and planning permission was due any day. | 规划许可随时都会发下来 |
[14:51] | All was going well, until, that is… | 一切进展顺利 直到… |
[14:56] | What? | 什么? |
[14:57] | I got some bad news from the council. | 我从理事会得到一些坏消息 |
[15:00] | The village has objected to my, uh, farm shop plan. | 村里反对我的农用商店计划 |
[15:06] | “For the following reasons…” | “原因罗列如下…” 查德灵顿 |
[15:09] | The complaints are simply about the risk of changing the village, | 投诉主要都是关于 这么做有可能改变村民们原本的生活 |
[15:13] | the risk of damaging the village shops. | 损害村里原有商店的效益 |
[15:16] | It’s a little, old-fashioned village. | 这是个有点保守的村庄 |
[15:18] | People generally are not that keen. | 人们没那么热情 |
[15:23] | People are a bit bemused with the situation, | 人们对现在的情况感到有点困扰 |
[15:27] | and we never know what Jeremy’s going to do next. | 我们不知道杰雷米接下来会干什么 |
[15:30] | I mean, he blew up his house. | 他把自己的房子都炸了 |
[15:36] | Dogs barked, and people thought the end of the world had come. | 狗都叫了 人们以为世界末日到了 |
[15:41] | [Jeremy] Charlie quickly emailed to explain how I should | 查理很快就发邮件来解释 我该如何 |
[15:43] | deal with the objections. | 应对反对意见 |
[15:45] | Whilst it does not read well on first inspection, | “虽然初读起来感觉不太好 |
[15:48] | I’ve addressed the concerns already through the submission of a business plan. | “我已经通过递交商业计划 “来回应了担忧” |
[15:56] | “What is a business plan?” Business plan examples, right. | “什么是商业计划?” 商业计划案例 好 |
[16:02] | “Customers’ priorities and needs. | “顾客的偏好和需求 |
[16:04] | Routes to market. Product services and propositions. | “市场路线、产品服务和定位 |
[16:07] | Sales, values, and margins. | “销售、价值和利润 |
[16:08] | A strategic action plan…” Well, I’m gonna be a week. | “战略行动计划…” 我得花一周时间 |
[16:13] | Having typed in every phrase I’d ever heard on The Apprentice, | 在把从《学徒》里听到的每个术语都写进去之后 |
[16:16] | I submitted a business plan, and amazingly, it worked, | 我递交了一份商业计划 神奇的是 它真的有用 |
[16:21] | because shortly afterwards, planning permission was granted. | 因为很快 我就拿到了规划许可 |
[16:29] | [Alan] Just tip that out there, Brad. Get that lot. Everything down the bottom. | 把土铲过去就行 布拉德 都铲到铲斗底下去 |
[16:32] | [Jeremy] This meant Alan could finally start building. | 这意味着阿兰终于可以开始建屋了 |
[16:36] | [Alan] Just tip that up there, just tip it. | 铲过去 把土铲过去就好 |
[16:38] | And I’ll get the digger to move it. Get the barrels out the way, now. | 我会用挖掘机移走 把土堆挪走 |
[16:41] | [Jeremy] But he was now a week behind schedule, | 但他已经落后计划一周时间 |
[16:44] | which was a week the potatoes didn’t have. | 土豆可等不了这一周 |
[16:47] | And then to make matters worse, an old enemy returned. | 更糟糕的是 |
[16:51] | [thunder rumbling] | 一个宿敌回来了 |
[17:09] | [Jeremy] Holy cow. | 老天爷 |
[17:19] | How can you build anything in these conditions? | 这种情况下怎么可能建房子? |
[17:23] | -Have you ever known it wetter here? -No, never. | -你见过这里出现更潮湿的天气吗? -没 从来没有 |
[17:26] | We’re all going to end up with trench foot before the end of the week. | 我们最后都会得战壕脚病的 |
[17:28] | No, the problem I’ve got is I’ve got tons of potatoes, | 不 我的问题是 我有好几吨土豆 |
[17:32] | but they’re not going to last forever. So, how long? | 但它们不可能一直保鲜 还要多久? |
[17:37] | “How long?” | “还要多久?” |
[17:40] | [Alan] If the weather breaks, maybe eight weeks. | 如果天气转好 也许要八周 |
[17:42] | [Jeremy] No, no. It can’t be. | 不 不可能 |
[17:48] | The rain fell nonstop for days. | 雨没完没了地下了好几天 |
[17:52] | And when it finally eased up, | 等它终于歇口气时 |
[17:53] | this is what the shop’s foundations looked like. | 商店地基成了这个样子 |
[18:03] | It’s three weeks ago I dug the footings out for the shop. | 三周前 我为商店挖了地基 |
[18:10] | And that… that’s what’s happened. | 然后…就这样了 |
[18:14] | I’m surprised the Environment Agency isn’t here saying I’ve got | 我很惊讶环境局没有赶来 |
[18:17] | an illegal trout lake. Planning permission’s through, | 说我违法造湖 规划许可下来了 |
[18:20] | and we get the heaviest rainfall recorded since | 我们遇到了自上次最强降雨以来的 |
[18:24] | the last heaviest rainfall. | 最强降雨 |
[18:28] | [sighs] | |
[18:30] | Does anything go right in farming? | 务农就没有顺利的时候吗? |
[18:32] | With the build schedule now in tatters, | 建造计划一团糟 |
[18:35] | the priority was to preserve the life of the potatoes. | 当务之急是保存土豆 |
[18:39] | They’d have to be dug up and stored, which meant I’d need a machine. | 需要把它们挖出来储藏 也就是说我需要机器 |
[18:43] | And in this part of the world, where no one grows spuds, | 在这个没人种土豆的地方 |
[18:46] | finding one proved to be tricky. | 很难找到这么一台机器 |
[18:50] | But much to Kaleb’s delight, I managed it. | 但让卡勒布高兴的是 我做到了 |
[19:00] | [Kaleb] It’s like a rust bucket. | 这就是个锈桶 |
[19:03] | I mean, | 我得说 |
[19:05] | bloody hell. | 神啊 |
[19:07] | [sighs] Tire’s old and flat. | 轮胎很旧 还漏气 |
[19:10] | These need unseizing. I’m going to have to heat these up. | 这里需要解开 我得给它加热 |
[19:13] | That needs re-greasing. Look, that’s old grease, that. | 这里需要重新上油 那里是旧油的痕迹 |
[19:16] | All green and manky. This thing is a piece of crap. | 都发绿变脏了 这就是件破烂 |
[19:21] | [Jeremy] Eventually, though, he stopped moaning and got it working. | 然而最后他停止抱怨 让它动起来了 |
[19:30] | And with some local kids helping out, the slow, backbreaking work began. | 在一些当地孩子的帮助下 缓慢繁重的工作开始了 |
[19:40] | Well, we’ve done from the top of the field down to here, | 我们从田地的那头干到了这里… |
[19:44] | in what, probably four hours? | -对 -…花了多久 四小时? |
[19:46] | And we’ve got all that to do. | 我们还剩下这么多 |
[19:53] | [Jeremy] And we needed to get a move on. | 我们得抓紧了 |
[19:56] | [Kaleb] One there, look. This one’s gone black. | 那里有一个 看 这个发黑了 |
[20:00] | Yeah, that one’s gone black and a bit squidgy. | 是的 那个黑掉了 还有点湿软 |
[20:02] | [Jeremy] In the end, though, the workers saved 16 tons of potatoes, | 最后工人们拯救了16吨土豆 |
[20:07] | and apart from a few, which my head of security needed, | 除了我的安保部长需要的部分 |
[20:11] | we got them all into a cool, dark storage barn. | 其他都送进了阴凉、黑暗的储存仓 |
[20:24] | This bought me some time to start work on my next | 这帮我省下了一些时间 开始照料 |
[20:27] | farm shop enterprise… | 我的下一桩农用商店的生意… |
[20:29] | [Kaleb] How many chickens are you going to get? | -你要买多少只鸡? |
[20:30] | [Jeremy] Sixty. | -60只 |
[20:31] | Eggs. | 鸡蛋 |
[20:32] | So, we’re going to call them not free range chickens. | 我们不会叫它们走地鸡 |
[20:36] | We’re going to call them good exercise chickens. | 我们要叫它们健美鸡 |
[20:38] | -[Kaleb laughs] -That’s what they call them in Vietnam. | 在越南就是这么叫的 |
[20:41] | [Jeremy] And it’s better, I think, than free range. | 比走地鸡还好 |
[20:43] | [Kaleb] Yeah, I like that. | 是 我喜欢 |
[20:45] | My plan is to build a range of little chicken huts | 我的计划是建一小片鸡舍 |
[20:48] | along this side of the wood. | 就在树林的这一边 |
[20:51] | So, actually starting about here, yeah? | 差不多从这里开始 可以吗? |
[20:54] | [Kaleb] Yeah. | 好 |
[20:55] | So, you can get the eggs from this side, | 这样可以从这边取蛋 |
[20:57] | but the chickens can exit on that side to run around in the wood. | 但小鸡可以从另一边出去 在树林里走动 |
[21:00] | But we’ve got to refence this. | 那我们要重新围栅栏 |
[21:02] | We’ve got to put chicken wire around the outside. | 把鸡舍围栏包在外围 |
[21:04] | How could a fox get in there? | -狐狸怎么可能进到那里? |
[21:06] | [Kaleb] Oh, like a fox. | -怎么不可能 |
[21:07] | Guarantee a fox will get in there in the best part of 20 minutes. | 我跟你保证 狐狸只要不到20分钟就能钻进去 |
[21:11] | And how high is the fence going to have to be? | 栅栏要多高? |
[21:13] | Six foot, like this. | 1米8 这么高 |
[21:16] | [Jeremy] And so, the next day, we reconvened to build the fence. | 于是第二天 我们再次碰头建栅栏 |
[21:20] | Hold it on the bottom of the post. Square it up. | 放在柱子底部 摆好 |
[21:22] | [Jeremy] Using a machine Kaleb called… | 使用一种被卡勒布称作… |
[21:25] | [clanks] | |
[21:26] | …his man killer. | …他的杀人机器的设备 |
[21:29] | And away we go. | 然后我们开始吧 |
[21:40] | Your go. | 该你了 |
[21:46] | Higher. | 高一点 |
[21:49] | I don’t know if that’s actually… that’s not actually moving. | 根本没动 |
[21:52] | Give me a break. [grunts] | 别烦我 |
[21:58] | It’s that last little lip. There it is there. | 最后一点边缘 对了 |
[22:00] | The burn. | 使劲 |
[22:04] | [exhales] | |
[22:05] | Well done. All right, next one. | 很好 下一个 |
[22:06] | Do you want to bring that? I’ll bring this. | 你要拿那个吗?我拿这个 |
[22:08] | [breathing heavily] | 我们还需要一个柱子 还要更多柱子 |
[22:09] | Oh, we need another post. We’ve got to get some more posts. | 我们还需要一个柱子 还要更多柱子 |
[22:13] | I’ll meet you down there. | 那边见 |
[22:15] | Grab two if you can. | 可以的话拿两个 |
[22:21] | [Jeremy] And so, the day continued under the lash of the rural Ant Middleton. | 在乡村版安东米德尔顿的鞭策下 这一天还在继续 |
[22:26] | [Kaleb] Higher, higher. That’s it, now. Three, | 高一点 对了 就是现在 三 |
[22:30] | four, five. | 四、五 |
[22:32] | Two more. Come on, two more. | 还有两下 快 |
[22:34] | What’s this shouting at me this morning? Hold that. | 为什么一早上都在吼我?拿着 |
[22:37] | [Kaleb] Right, you get the ladder and the bar, I’ll get this | 好了 你拿上梯子和棍子 我拿这个 |
[22:39] | and meet you at the next one. | 下一个安置点见 |
[22:45] | [breathing heavily] | |
[22:48] | -[Kaleb] Ready? -We’re not even halfway there, are we? | -准备好了? -我们还没到一半 是不是? |
[22:52] | No. | 没有 |
[22:55] | [Jeremy] Eventually, though, Jurassic Park was finished. | 最后 侏罗纪公园终于建完了 |
[22:58] | And then, it was time to install the henhouses that Lisa had ordered. | 然后就该安装丽莎买的鸡舍了 |
[23:05] | -[Lisa] It’s good, right? -Well, they’d blend if | -很好吧? -如果我们在坎伯沙滩或是托伯莫里 |
[23:08] | we were in Camber Sands, or Tobermory. | 它们就很合适 |
[23:11] | -Well, it was this or pebbledash. -And I’ve got the birds. | -除了这种就只有灰泥卵石材质的了 -我的小鸡们到了 |
[23:14] | -Hey. -[Jeremy] 60 purebred Burford Browns. | -嘿 -60只纯种伯福德布朗鸡 |
[23:18] | [Lisa] Okay, so let’s work this out. | 好 我们来算一算 |
[23:20] | So, we can put 20 in there, 12. That’s 20. | 我们可以放20只在这里 |
[23:24] | Thirty, 40, 50, | 12 那个20只 |
[23:26] | three, eight. Seven at the end. | 3只 8只 最后是7只 |
[23:29] | -I literally wasn’t listening. -[Lisa] Okay, I got it. | -我真的没在听 -没关系 我来 |
[23:33] | [Jeremy] Clearly, though, the hens weren’t thrilled at the prospect | 显然 母鸡们对于住进乐高房 |
[23:36] | of living in LEGOLAND. | 不是很感冒 |
[23:38] | -These are frisky. Sorry. -Oh. | 这些鸡好闹腾 抱歉 |
[23:45] | [Lisa] Jeremy, seriously, you’re not going to do this without food. | 杰雷米 没有吃的是不行的 |
[23:47] | [Jeremy] Yes, we are. | 不 我们可以 |
[23:48] | -[Lisa] How? -[Jeremy] Because watch this. | -要怎么做? -看着 |
[23:50] | I am a bird whisperer. | 我懂鸟语 |
[23:53] | Oh, you’re pecky, bitey. | 你这个坏东西 |
[23:56] | No, this is how you do it, okay? | 不 要这样做 知道吗? |
[23:59] | This is an important lesson. Pretend you’re not interested. | 这个知识点很重要 假装你没兴趣 |
[24:02] | Casually coming along, looking the other way. | 自然地走过来 看另外一边 |
[24:05] | And then, at the last minute, you dive… | 然后最后一刻 你弯腰… |
[24:08] | Fucking thing. | 该死 |
[24:11] | Eventually, though, all the hens were safely installed | 但最后 所有母鸡都安全地 |
[24:15] | in their new houses. | 住进了新家 |
[24:16] | And Lisa had a little surprise for me. | 丽莎给了我一个小惊喜 |
[24:19] | Close your eyes and hold out your hand. | 闭上眼睛 伸出手 |
[24:25] | -[Jeremy] An egg? -The first egg, yeah. | -一颗蛋? -第一颗蛋 是的 |
[24:26] | They laid it in the crate. | 她们在箱子里下了颗蛋 |
[24:28] | -A egg. Egg. -Yeah. | -一颗蛋 -是的 |
[24:31] | Does a chicken lay eggs out of its arse… | 鸡蛋是从屁股 |
[24:34] | -[Lisa] Mm-hmm. -…or its vagina? | 还是阴道里生出来的? |
[24:36] | Did you go to boarding school by any chance? | 你上过寄宿学校吗? |
[24:39] | If I google that, Jeff Bezos is going to worry about me. | 如果我上网查 杰夫贝佐斯会为我担心的 |
[24:43] | [Lisa] He is. [laughs] | 他会的 |
[24:44] | [Jeremy] So, full scale egg production was imminent. | 全面产蛋业务即将开始 |
[24:48] | And, hopefully, so was the bottled spring water. | 希望瓶装泉水也能顺利 |
[24:52] | Because back at the office, an important letter had arrived. | 因为有一封重要的信在办公室等我 |
[25:01] | Okay, these are the, um… | 好 这些是… |
[25:04] | results from all the springs on the farm. | 农场所有泉水的检测结果 |
[25:08] | Had the water tested to see what’s what, how much of them are drinkable. | 检测泉水的成份 看有多少是可饮用的 |
[25:14] | Right. It’s something, E. coli basically. | 是 有些什么 主要看大肠杆菌 |
[25:19] | “Type of bacteria found in the gut of animals and humans. | “可见于动物和人类肠道的细菌类型 |
[25:22] | Some strains can cause diarrhea, food poisoning.” Blah-blah. “Pneumonia.” | “部分菌株可导致腹泻和食物中毒” 诸如此类 “肺炎” |
[25:26] | So, I’ve got, in spring one, no E. coli. | 泉水一号没有大肠杆菌 |
[25:31] | And no E. coli in spring two. | 泉水二号没有大肠杆菌 |
[25:34] | Right, the essence of what I’ve got here is the springs, | 好 我从这里得到的主要信息是 |
[25:38] | the springs one and two, which I want to bottle, are good. | 我想装瓶的一号和二号泉水是好的 |
[25:44] | However, there was also some rather disturbing news. | 然而也有一些让人不安的消息 |
[25:49] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[25:50] | “A positive coliform sample | “样本大肠杆菌呈阳性 |
[25:52] | should be considered an indication of feces in your source.” | “应视为水源中有粪便的迹象” |
[25:58] | The pond that feeds the house where I live | 给我住的房子供水的池塘 |
[26:03] | is riddled with literally everything in such vast quantities that… | 实际上充满了大量这种东西… |
[26:10] | Well, it explains why I am so full of shit. | 这也解释了我狗屎一般倒霉的遭遇 |
[26:13] | ‘Cause that’s what I’ve been living on these last few years. | 因为这几年我一直在喝这种东西 |
[26:18] | It’s just a torrent of turds. | 简直是粪便洪流 |
[26:23] | Worried now that I wouldn’t live long enough | 我现在担心自己已经活不到 |
[26:25] | to actually open the farm shop, | 农用商店开张的时候了 |
[26:28] | I went to the water filtration room at my house. | 我来到了我家的水源过滤室 |
[26:33] | Oh, hang on. Oh, it’s quite muddy. | 哦 等等 哦 好多泥 |
[26:37] | Oh, my God, that’s… | 哦 我的天 那是… |
[26:40] | I’ll show you what it’s supposed to look like. Hang on. | 我给你看看它本来的样子 等等 |
[26:45] | Right, | 对 |
[26:47] | that’s what it looked like… three months ago. | 它本来是这样…三个月前 |
[26:52] | And that’s what it looks like now. | 现在成这样了 |
[26:56] | I’ve been drinking this. | 我一直在喝这个 |
[26:58] | I’ve been drinking rotting animals and feces. | 我一直在喝腐烂的动物和粪便 |
[27:04] | Luckily, Lisa is in London today. I won’t tell her that… | 幸运的是 丽莎今天在伦敦 我不会告诉她… |
[27:09] | I won’t tell her that this has happened. | 我不会告诉她有过这种事 |
[27:11] | That seems to be the best thing. I’ll just say no, everything’s fine. | 这样最好 我会说没有 一切正常 |
[27:21] | There was more bad news, | 还有更多坏消息 |
[27:22] | because even though they were in storage… | 因为尽管已经储存起来… |
[27:28] | time was starting to run out for my potatoes. | 我的土豆的时间也不多了 |
[27:33] | [Charlie] If we dig around, there’s quite a lot of rotten ones in here | 如果我们挖一挖 可以看到里面有很多烂掉的土豆 |
[27:37] | that, uh, we need to sort. | 需要捡出来 |
[27:42] | Yeah, we’ve got these ones which… | 是的 这些… |
[27:46] | sorry for those that are squeamish, sort of have gone all pussy and horrible. | 很遗憾它们已经变湿软了 像流脓一样烂掉了 |
[27:55] | [Jeremy] I needed to start selling them immediately. | 我需要马上开始卖土豆 |
[27:58] | But the farm shop was nowhere near ready. | 但农用商店还远没有建好 |
[28:02] | So, in these desperate times, I came up with a desperate measure. | 在这绝望的日子里 我想到一个绝望的措施 诚信箱 每个土豆15便士 6个0.8英镑 土豆箱!每个土豆15便士 |
[28:15] | Morning. | 早 |
[28:21] | It’s 15p, then, for one of those, or 15p for that. | 15便士可以买一个这个 或者这个 |
[28:27] | That’s the only drawback to my plan. | 这是我的计划不尽人意的地方 |
[28:32] | So, potatoes are there, bags are there. | 土豆在这边 袋子在这边 |
[28:36] | Good. | 很好 钱放在抽屉里! |
[28:45] | As it turned out, the honesty box attracted people who were honest. | 结果证明 诚信箱吸引了诚信的人 |
[28:50] | Mostly. | 基本上是这样 |
[28:53] | Somebody has left me this bottle top. | 有人留下了瓶盖 |
[28:58] | Because they are [bleep]. | 因为他们是… |
[29:01] | But some people have left actual money. | 但有些人真的留下了钱 |
[29:06] | So, I have earned… | 所以我挣到了… |
[29:09] | two, three, four, £5.35. | 2、3、4 5.35英镑 |
[29:17] | What are they? Jacket ones? | 这是什么?烤土豆吗? |
[29:19] | Look, look, look, look. | 看 |
[29:23] | So, you’ve got big ones, or smaller ones. | 有大有小 |
[29:26] | -I’ll take the big ones. I’ll jacket them. -How many do you want? | -我要大的 我回去自己烤 -你要几个? |
[29:29] | -Seven. -Seven? | -七个 -七个? |
[29:32] | Brilliant. Look at this. | 很好 看啊 |
[29:35] | Oh, I’m just so rich. | 哦 我好有钱 |
[29:39] | However, I wasn’t going to shift 16 tons of potatoes | 然而 16吨土豆不可能指望 |
[29:43] | from a filing cabinet. | 用文件柜卖完 |
[29:45] | What I really needed was a finished shop. | 我最需要的还是建成商店 |
[29:48] | And on that front… | 而这一边… |
[29:52] | there was good news because, finally, it was starting to take shape. | 有好消息 因为商店终于开始成形了 |
[29:59] | [Alan] Look, that’s this morning. | -看 |
[30:01] | [Jeremy] Is that this morning? | 这是今天早上的成果 |
[30:03] | Yeah, I looked round the other side yesterday in the rain. | -今天早上的成果? 昨天我还在雨里看着另一边 |
[30:05] | Come and have a look what we done yesterday. | 看看我们昨天的成果 |
[30:07] | -Oh, fair weather Alan here. -Yeah. | -哦 |
[30:09] | [both laugh] | 阿兰带来了好天气 |
[30:11] | That’s all right, innit? Those jumpers and that. | -是啊 挺好的吧?那边的矮墙 |
[30:13] | -Good. I like the jumpers. -[Alan] Yeah, they’re good. | -我喜欢矮墙 -挺好的 |
[30:15] | Nice big jumper. We got a nice few of those. | 挺不错的矮墙 有好几段 |
[30:17] | It just makes it look more like that barn down there. | 看起来很像那边的小屋 |
[30:20] | -[Jeremy] That’s exactly right. -[Alan] Yeah. | -没错 -是的 |
[30:22] | Now, I’ve got to go do the sheep. I really have. | 我要去照顾绵羊了 真的 |
[30:24] | And I do think I’m slowing you down, which I don’t want to do. | 而且我觉得我在拖慢你的进度 我可不想这样 |
[30:28] | -Bring a few taters back. -I will. I’ll bring you some potatoes. | -带点土豆回来 -我会的 |
[30:31] | -I’ll put a few in for you. -I’ll bring you some potatoes. | -我会给你装一点 -我会给你带土豆的 |
[30:34] | [laughs] Please do. | 好的 |
[30:38] | [Jeremy] As I was leaving, Alan suddenly remembered | 我正要离开 阿兰突然想起 |
[30:40] | something else he needed. | 他还需要一些东西 |
[30:42] | [Alan] One thing before you go, | 你走之前还有一件事 |
[30:43] | we’ve gotta get water and electric from the caravan site. | 我们要从房车营地接水电 |
[30:46] | So we need to talk to them. | 要去找他们谈谈 |
[30:48] | It’s owned by the Camping and Caravan Club, though. | 那里归露营和房车俱乐部所有 |
[30:50] | -Is it? Right. -I get on really well with them, | -是吗? -我和他们关系很好 |
[30:53] | ’cause I’ve always been incredibly nice about caravans. | 因为我给房车说了很多好话 |
[30:55] | -Yeah, brilliant. -I have always said really kind things. | -那很好 -我一直都对它赞赏有加 |
[30:58] | I’ve seen them with the sticks of dynamite in them and things. | 我看到他们车里有炸药棒 |
[31:01] | Hey, yeah, we need to get hold of them, really, don’t we? | 嘿 我们得搞定他们 是不是? |
[31:03] | I’ll get on with that. | 我来处理 |
[31:05] | [Jeremy] As it turned out, the Camping and Caravan Club | 结果露营和房车俱乐部 |
[31:07] | were happy to supply me with their power and water, | 很乐意为我提供水电 |
[31:10] | so long as I gave them something in return. So… | 只要我能给他们一些回报 所以… |
[31:21] | Hi, I’m Jeremy Clarkson | 你好 我是杰雷米克拉克森 |
[31:23] | and, as I’ve always said, you can’t beat a caravan holiday. | 就像我一直说的 房车假期最棒了 |
[31:28] | A site like this offers Camping and Caravan Club members | 这样的营地为露营和房车俱乐部成员 |
[31:32] | access to the great outdoors for as little as £41 a year. | 提供很好的露天场地 每年只需41英镑 |
[31:39] | I think it’s brightening up. | 我觉得天要晴了 |
[31:42] | And it’s a great place to enjoy some al fresco dining, | 这里很适合露天用餐 |
[31:46] | or maybe a bit of sport, with people from all walks of life. | 或者来点运动 见一见各行各业的人 |
[31:51] | So, come on, beat those Brexit blues | 来吧 甩掉脱欧的忧伤 |
[31:54] | and take your holiday this year in a good old British field. | 在美好的英国土地上享受今年的假期吧 |
[31:57] | You won’t regret it. Cheers. | 你不会后悔的 干杯 |
[32:08] | [Jeremy] With the power and water now being connected, | 接通了水电 |
[32:11] | everything was looking good. But then… | 一切就绪 然而… |
[32:18] | Well, it’s not great. | 情况不太好 |
[32:19] | Um, the site for the farm shop that we’re looking at, | 我们选择的农用商店地址 |
[32:24] | I’ve just been checking the title, | 我刚刚查了归属 |
[32:25] | and there’s a restrictive covenant in there, | 那里有一个限制条款 |
[32:28] | which puts a restriction on your use. | 限制了你的使用范围 |
[32:32] | And what? | 什么? |
[32:33] | Right. I’ve got a map. So, the farm shop is coming up here. | 对 我有地图 农用商店在这里 商店 |
[32:40] | Yeah. Is that the boundary of my land? | 对 那是我的土地边界吗? |
[32:43] | Yeah. | 是的 边界 |
[32:46] | And there is a little corner of that field… | 那片地有一个小角落… |
[32:49] | That’s not my gate. | 那不是我的门 出入门 |
[32:54] | [Charlie] We have a right of access, | 我们有权出入 |
[32:56] | and we have a right of use of that whole corner of the field. | 有权使用那片地的角落 |
[33:00] | But it’s restricted to agricultural use only. | 但仅限于农业用途 |
[33:02] | -So, we can build the farm shop… -But no customers can get to it. | -我们可以建农用商店… -但没有顾客可以进去 |
[33:05] | …but no customers could get to it. | …但没有顾客可以进去 |
[33:08] | [sighs] | 完了 |
[33:11] | -It’s tiny. -Yeah, it is. | -那里很小 -是的 |
[33:12] | Ten feet. It’s just the gate. | 只有3米 只是个门 |
[33:14] | It’s literally the gate and a corner of the field. | 真的只有一扇门和一个角落 |
[33:16] | Um, probably, as you say, about 100 square feet. | 如你所说 可能只有9平米 |
[33:19] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 哦 老天爷啊 |
[33:23] | I therefore had to go and find the people in the village who owned the gate, | 因此我必须去找村里这扇门的主人 |
[33:28] | hoping they weren’t those | 希望他们不是 |
[33:30] | who’d objected to the shop being built in the first place. | 当初反对建商店的那批人之一 |
[33:35] | And guess what… they weren’t! | 你猜怎么着… 他们不是! |
[33:39] | They gave me permission for customers to come to the shop, | 他们允许我的客人进商店 |
[33:42] | so work could resume. | 工程得以继续 |
[33:47] | All right, so just tip that out there, Brad. | 好了 把土倒出来 布拉德 |
[33:49] | Get the barrels out the way now. | 把土堆挪走 |
[33:51] | [Jeremy] Until eventually, | 终于 |
[33:53] | four weeks later than planned, the building was complete. | 比原计划晚了四周后 建筑完成了 |
[33:59] | It’s like Fortnum & Mason’s, in my mind. | 在我脑中这就像福南梅森百货公司 |
[34:04] | -It’s what? -Don’t say you don’t know what that is. | -像什么? -别告诉我你不知道 |
[34:06] | -Not a clue. -It’s a big shop in Piccadilly in London. | -不知道 -是伦敦皮卡迪利的一家大型商场 |
[34:09] | -You’ve done that fucking deliberate. -Harrods. It’s like Harrods. | -你绝对是故意的 -就像哈罗斯百货公司 |
[34:12] | -All right, we know what Harrods is. -It’s like Harrods. | -我们知道哈罗斯 -就像哈罗斯 |
[34:15] | We’ll get this shit moved. We’ll get this leveled back down, | 我们把这些玩意搬走 这里重新填好 |
[34:17] | and it will all be ready to go. What about a toilet then? | 就可以了 要厕所吗? |
[34:21] | Well, we’ve got to get something. You know, old people come. | 我们得准备点什么 会有老年客人来 |
[34:25] | All right, I’m gonna go and find something to sell. | 我去找些东西来卖 |
[34:28] | It’s just never gonna stop raining, is it? | 雨永远不会停 |
[34:30] | Stop raining? It hasn’t stopped for eight weeks. | 八周了都没停 |
[34:32] | Let me tell you something, this is global warming. | 我告诉你 这是因为全球变暖 |
[34:35] | You racing about all your life in vehicles. | 要怪你一辈子都在开赛车 |
[34:38] | I’m sorry. What car is that over there? | 不好意思 那边的是什么车? |
[34:40] | No, mine is electric, that van. | 不 我的货车是电动的 |
[34:42] | Thirty years of you bouting about in them, and other people, | 你和其他人30年来开着它们比赛 |
[34:46] | ruined our fucking world for the next generation. | 把我们子孙的地球都毁了 |
[34:50] | Just unbelievable horseshit. Oh, God! | 不可思议的胡扯 哦 天呐! |
[34:54] | [Alan] Right, let’s get on with this. | 对 我们开始吧 |
[34:56] | Get all them pipes out. | 管道都拿出来 |
[34:57] | Shut that door up, Jason, it’ll get damaged. | 把门关上 杰森 不然会弄坏 |
[35:00] | [Jeremy] In truth, there was a lot to do before the bare barn was an actual shop. | 其实 空房子变成商店还有很多工作要做 |
[35:05] | [Alan] Luke, I want all this rubbish out of here. | 卢克 所有垃圾都运出来 |
[35:08] | [Jeremy] But as each hour passed, the potatoes were rotting. | 但土豆每分每秒都在腐烂 |
[35:13] | The pheasants were eating my wasabi. | 野鸡在吃我的山葵 |
[35:16] | The fox was circling the henhouses. | 狐狸绕着我的鸡舍转 |
[35:19] | And the hunt I brought in to deal with it were bound by law | 而我找来的猎狐队受法律约束 |
[35:21] | to be on the phone when it strolled by. | 巡逻时要保持电话在线 |
[35:28] | As time was therefore critical, | 时间非常紧迫 |
[35:31] | I decided that night that the Diddly Squat farm shop would open, | 我当晚决定 我的“根本没货”农用商店要开业 |
[35:35] | come what may, that weekend. | 无论如何 周末就要开业 |
[35:40] | Well, we’ve got to get all the boxes up for the vegetables in the farm shop. | 我们要把所有装蔬菜的箱子都搬到农用商店里 |
[35:45] | -Yeah. -Got to get the advertising signs hung. | -好 -要把广告牌挂好 |
[35:48] | -Okay. -We’ve got to get the farm shop decorated. | -好的 -商店要装修好 |
[35:51] | So, what do you want me to do? And when is the farm shop opening, actually? | 你想让我做什么?商店什么时候开? |
[35:54] | -Tomorrow, two o’clock. I know, I know. -What’s the time now? | -明天 2点 我知道 -现在几点了? |
[35:58] | -Twenty to 10:00, Friday. Opens tomorrow. -And we’ve got to do all this? | -周五 9点40 明天开 -我们要做完所有这些事? |
[36:02] | Otherwise the potatoes will have rotted. | 不然土豆就要烂了 |
[36:04] | If we don’t open it now, we have no potatoes. | 如果现在不开门 土豆就没了 |
[36:07] | All those potatoes will be rotten and be gone. | -那些土豆都会烂掉 |
[36:09] | Yeah. | -是 |
[36:12] | [Jeremy] Kaleb rushed off to get signs made, | 卡勒布赶去做广告牌 |
[36:15] | while I took Lisa to the shop | 而我带丽莎去店里 |
[36:17] | so she could start decorating, | 让她开始装修 |
[36:20] | and I could try out the carpark. | 而我去试用停车场 根本没货农用商店 |
[36:28] | -[Lisa] That’s really deep. -[Jeremy] That’s really bad. | -好深 -太糟糕了 |
[36:37] | -Ready? -[Lisa] Yes, hang on. | -准备好了吗? -好 等等 |
[36:41] | -[Jeremy] Yay. -[Lisa] That is great. Eventually. | -耶 -真棒 终于好了 |
[36:44] | -[Jeremy] Ready? -[Lisa] Yeah, go on. | -准备好了? |
[36:48] | Wow. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where’s the sink? | -好 开吧 |
[36:51] | [Jeremy] What? | -水槽呢? -什么? |
[36:52] | [Lisa] So, you have a sink, and you’re rinsing stuff. | 要有个水槽冲洗东西 |
[36:54] | No, we haven’t got a sink. We’ve got a tap. | 我们没做水槽 我们有水龙头 |
[36:56] | But let’s not get bogged down, shall we, | 我们别泄气 |
[36:59] | with the lack of any form of drainage to save money. | 不做任何排水设施是为了省钱 |
[37:03] | Um… | |
[37:04] | That looks fantastic. It’s a lot bigger with the roof on. | 看起来很棒 有了屋顶显得更大了 |
[37:06] | [Jeremy] Yes. | 是的 |
[37:07] | Leaving Lisa to paint the walls, | 留下丽莎刷墙 |
[37:10] | I went off to help Kaleb erect our advertising signs. | 我去帮卡勒布竖起我们的广告牌 |
[37:24] | [Kaleb] How many people are coming on Saturday? | 周六会有多少人来? |
[37:26] | [Jeremy] Well, now, that’s a good question. | 这是个好问题 |
[37:27] | [Kaleb] Have you put it in the Chipping Norton News? | 你在《奇平诺顿新闻》登报了吗? |
[37:30] | -No, because it suddenly occurred to me… -[Kaleb] Social media. | -没有 因为我突然想到… -社交媒体 |
[37:34] | Social media. Twitter, I’ve got 7.1 million… | 社交媒体 推特 我有710万… |
[37:39] | -[Kaleb] Fucking hell. -[Jeremy] …followers. | -老天啊 -…关注者 |
[37:41] | What do you do on Twitter? I don’t use Twitter. | 你在推特上都做什么?我不用推特 |
[37:43] | Nothing. Twitter now is just an opportunity | 没什么 推特现在就是个 |
[37:46] | for very left-wing people to express increasingly left-wing views | 让左翼人士有机会表达自己日益偏左的观点 |
[37:50] | to other left-wing people. | 给其他左翼人士看的平台 |
[37:51] | So, I’m not sure it’s a farm shop… | 所以我不确定农用商店… |
[37:54] | -Hey, but it’s all vegetarian, isn’t it? -Yeah. No, it is. | -嘿 但上面都是素食主义者 对吧? -对 是的 |
[37:57] | Yes, you see, that’s a Twitter handle. | 你看 这就是推特的用途 |
[37:59] | -Everything is going vegan. -That’s a Twitter handle. | -所有东西都要素食主义 -这就是推特的用途 |
[38:03] | Oh, Christ, we’ll have them with their smelly armpits | 天啊 他们会带着狐臭 |
[38:05] | queuing up for a mile if we say that. | 排上好几公里的队 |
[38:07] | After I’d finished tweeting, | 我发完推特之后 |
[38:09] | Kaleb came up with a Kaleb-type suggestion | 卡勒布想到了一个很有他的风格的建议 |
[38:11] | about what we could do with any unsold potatoes. | 是关于如何处理没卖出去的土豆的 |
[38:15] | There’s a thing… You actually can go and have a potato fight with people. | 可以拿来和别人玩土豆大战 |
[38:19] | Get there, you get drunk, and you chuck potatoes at each other. | 去大醉一场 |
[38:22] | [laughing] | 互相丢土豆 |
[38:24] | Like, what? You go to a party, and then how does it work? | 什么?你去一个派对 然后呢? |
[38:28] | Start off all, “How are you doing? You all right?” | 首先互相问候:“你好吗?” |
[38:30] | And then, about, I don’t know, ten o’clock comes. That’s it. | 然后到了10点 就开始 |
[38:33] | You’re just chucking potatoes at each other. | 互相扔土豆 |
[38:34] | Who are these other potato flingers around here? | 这里还有谁是土豆投手? |
[38:37] | I can’t name them all | 我不能说他们的名字 |
[38:39] | ’cause they’ll be like, “Yeah, he’s just named me.” | 不然他们会说:“他刚点了我的名” |
[38:41] | And everyone will be chucking potatoes at them, like they like it. | 大家就会朝他们扔土豆 |
[38:44] | [laughing] | 以为他们喜欢那样 |
[38:46] | Your life and my life are incredibly different. | 你的人生和我的人生简直完全不同 农用商店-盛大开业 |
[38:51] | With the signs up, we went back to the farm shop… | 本周六 广告牌竖起来之后 我们回到农用商店… |
[38:58] | to help erect the portaloo. | 帮忙摆放移动厕所 |
[39:01] | All right, it’s a thing of great beauty, isn’t it? | 很美吧 是不是? |
[39:05] | So, we just plonk that up. | 我们把它放下了 |
[39:07] | How does it not blow over in the wind? | 如何让它不被风吹倒? |
[39:09] | Oh, it’s probably best to put some sandbags or something to weigh it down. | 可能最好要放点重物压住 |
[39:13] | Cheers, mate. | 谢谢 伙计 |
[39:17] | With the portaloo in place, I went to check on Michael O’Angelo. | 放好移动厕所后 我去看了米开欧朗基罗的进度 |
[39:23] | -[Lisa] So, Jeremy? -[Jeremy] Yeah? | -杰雷米? -怎么了? |
[39:25] | I spoke to Mum, and I sent her a video of what I’m doing. | 我问了我妈 给她发了我干活的视频 |
[39:28] | And she sent me a Whatsapp back. | 她给我发了一条信息 |
[39:29] | “Oh, my goodness. Stop right now. | “哦 我的天 马上停手 |
[39:33] | You need to prepare the breeze blocks before you paint them. Google it.” | “你的煤渣砌块在涂刷前需要预处理 上网查一下” |
[39:37] | So, I googled it | 我上网查了 |
[39:38] | and you have to do a mixture of cement and water, | 要先混合水泥和水涂上去 |
[39:41] | and then paint that on. | 再刷漆 |
[39:43] | Yeah, but if we just say we wanted this effect. | 是的 可如果我们就要这个效果呢? |
[39:46] | We haven’t got time to do that. The shop is opening in… | 我们没时间了 商店还有… |
[39:48] | -[Lisa] I know. It’s too late anyway. -…24 hours and ten minutes. | -反正也太迟了 -…24小时10分钟就开张了 |
[39:53] | Leaving Lisa to it, | 我让丽莎继续处理 |
[39:56] | I went to collect the eggs we’d be selling. | 自己去收要卖的蛋 |
[39:59] | One, two. | 一个、两个 |
[40:03] | No, absolutely none. | 不 肯定没有 |
[40:07] | One. | 一个 |
[40:09] | Last chance. 59 chickens… | 最后的机会 59只鸡… |
[40:15] | One. What are you doing? | 一个 你们在干什么? |
[40:18] | That is 11 eggs. | 11颗蛋 |
[40:19] | That is enough for a picnic, not a shop. | 野餐是够了 开店可不够 |
[40:24] | Having harangued the hens, I drove back to the farm shop… | 教育了母鸡之后 我开车回到农用商店… |
[40:31] | and arrived just in time for a visit from cheerful Charlie. | 赶上了开心的查理的来访 |
[40:35] | I was just thinking as I walked across, could you have built it in a windier spot? | 我走过来就在想 你还能找个风更大的位置吗? |
[40:39] | Yes, I know. But we’re next to ready-made customers. | 是 我知道 但我们隔壁就是现成的客人 |
[40:42] | [Charlie] Absolutely. | 是啊 |
[40:45] | [Jeremy] Charlie then informed me | 然后查理告诉我 |
[40:47] | that I wouldn’t be selling any mutton from the sheep I’d slaughtered earlier. | 我之前杀的羊产出的羊肉不能卖 |
[40:52] | I can’t sell the meat? | 我不能卖肉? |
[40:53] | No, not until you’ve got the sign-off from Food Hygiene. | 不能 要等食品卫生部门批准 |
[40:57] | So, that frozen… | 所以冷冻的… |
[40:59] | That frozen stuff will have to stay unsold until we’ve got… | 冷冻肉不能卖 要等我们拿到… |
[41:03] | She is coming round next week, I think. | 我想她下周会来 |
[41:05] | Is that the one that can’t come on Thursdays and Fridays? | 是那个周四周五不能来的人? |
[41:07] | The local council cannot send somebody out, yes. | 本地理事会不能派人来 是的 |
[41:09] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[41:11] | [Charlie] What, because she only works Monday to Wednesday. | 因为她只有周一到周三上班 |
[41:13] | Is it 1974? Have I been asleep and woken up in the ’70s? | 这是1974年吗?我是睡着后穿越到70年代了吗? |
[41:19] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[41:21] | Inside, Charlie’s bureaucratic bombs kept on falling. | 进店后 查理继续用官僚炸弹轰炸我 |
[41:25] | In Lisa’s mind, there is a lovely coffee area out here. | 在丽莎的构想中 这里有一个温馨的咖啡区域 |
[41:30] | -People can sit and have a cup of coffee. -Variation of planning. | -人们可以坐下喝咖啡 -这是规划变更 |
[41:34] | Building a fire pit. Do I need a council planning permission for that? | 建一个火坑 我需要许可吗? |
[41:37] | No, but we might need a risk assessment. | 不 但我们可能需要风险评估 |
[41:39] | Can I put a note up outside? “Don’t walk in the fire.” | 我可以在外面放个牌子吗?“别走到火里去” |
[41:42] | -Just for public liability. -“Don’t lie down in the fire.” | “别躺在火堆里” |
[41:45] | That’s good. “Don’t touch the fire.” | 这可以 “不要碰火” |
[41:48] | So, what I’m saying is, “Hello customer, I think you’re a halfwit.” | 我这就是在说:“你好顾客 我觉得你是个弱智” |
[41:54] | Mercifully, I eventually escaped | 谢天谢地 我终于逃脱了 |
[41:57] | from the red tape and got on with the business of finishing the shop. | 各种规章制度 完成了商店的布置 |
[42:06] | See, that’s going to work. | 看 |
[42:11] | [drill whirrs] | 这可以的 |
[42:20] | We’ve got so much to do. | 我们还有好多事要做 |
[42:33] | Fucking hell. | 去他妈的 |
[42:36] | [drill whirrs] | |
[42:40] | The next day, the weather was not like this. | 第二天 天气不是这样 |
[42:46] | It was cold and bleak, | 阴冷昏暗 |
[42:48] | and there were still issues to be dealt with. | 还有问题要处理 “根本没货”农用商店 |
[42:53] | -They’re really good eggs. -But you have got a salmonella test? | -这些蛋很好 -但你做过沙门氏菌检测了吗? |
[42:56] | -What? Have we? -Have you? | -什么?我们做了吗? -你做了吗? |
[43:03] | [Kaleb] That looks really good, doesn’t it? | 看起来很好 |
[43:05] | -Yeah, that looks fantastic. -I’ll open this one. | 棒极了 我要打开这扇门 |
[43:06] | Here we go. And then, we have that’s… Well, when it’s closed, look… | 好了 然后这是…关上的时候 看… |
[43:11] | -No, no, no. It’s a yoga shop. -[Lisa] Squat shop. | -不 这是卖减肥草药的店 -根本商店 |
[43:14] | Well, squat shop, it sounds like people come here to do yoga. | 根本商店听起来像是那种卖草本减肥药的 |
[43:17] | -[Lisa] Diddly Squat. -Yes, but when we’re closed, | -根本没货 -是啊 但关门了才能看到 |
[43:19] | it’s very clear what we do. When we’re open, | 这样很清楚能知道我们是做什么的 但开门之后 |
[43:22] | women will come in leotards and say, “Can I do a downward dog?” | 女人们会穿着紧身衣来问:“有减肥茶卖吗?” |
[43:31] | Bit of a problem with the spring water. | 泉水有点问题 |
[43:34] | I ordered four sample bottles, | 我订购了四份样品瓶子 |
[43:37] | and they have arrived in time for the shop opening, | 开店前及时送到了 |
[43:40] | but I went for the yellow one. | 但我选了黄色的 |
[43:44] | And, as you can see, | 如你所见 |
[43:47] | I mean the label is good. I’m pleased. | 标签不错 我很满意 |
[43:51] | It’s clear, but… | 很清楚 |
[43:53] | Um… | 但… |
[43:57] | It kind of looks like a sample. | 看起来像样品 |
[44:03] | However, as zero hour approached, | 计划时间越来越近 |
[44:05] | everything was finally in order. | 一切终于准备就绪 根本没货泉水 里面没屎 |
[44:10] | [joyous music playing] | 所有商品保证 不是有机 别掉进这个大洞 别着火! 土豆 51磅/公斤 最低价 |
[44:18] | And we were ready to receive customers. | 我们准备好迎接客人了 |
[44:24] | The question was, | 问题是 |
[44:25] | had my social media shout-out been enough | 我的社交媒体呼吁 |
[44:28] | to draw any in? | 足够带来客人吗? |
[44:30] | Right, here we go. This is it. | 好 来吧 就这样了 |
[44:55] | [Lisa] Can I interest you in anything? Potatoes maybe? | 您有什么想买的吗?土豆呢? |
[45:00] | Yeah, it’s a wide selection of potatoes. | 土豆有好多选择 |
[45:01] | Yes. Well, they’re Melody potatoes. | 是的 它们是梅乐迪品种 |
[45:04] | They’re delicious for chipping, for roasting, they’re really good. | 炸薯条很好吃 烤起来也不错 |
[45:07] | -Okay. -Baking are fantastic. | -好的 -用来烘焙特别棒 |
[45:09] | -Chips, knock yourself out. -Do you take American Express? | -薯条 可以试试 -可以用美国运通卡吗? |
[45:13] | -Visa. -Ah. | 只收Visa卡 |
[45:16] | [Jeremy] Then, just as I was starting to panic… | 就在我开始慌神的时候… |
[45:29] | [Jeremy] Holy cow. | 妈呀 |
[45:32] | Oh, my giddy aunt. | 哦 我的亲娘 |
[45:35] | No, seriously, look down there. Look down there. | 不 真的 看那边 |
[45:38] | It is, quite literally, as far as the eye can see. | 真的是目力所及全是车 |
[45:51] | Oh, my God, what have I done? | 我的天 我做了什么? |
[45:52] | -[woman] You all right? -Yeah, I am. | -你没事吧? |
[45:55] | It’s just more people have come than I was expecting. | -我没事 只是来的人比我预料的要多 |
[45:57] | [woman] My husband had an operation, but he came to see you. | 我丈夫刚做了手术 但他要来看你 |
[45:59] | -Oh, I’m so grateful to you. -Had a spine operation. | -我很感激 -做了脊柱手术 |
[46:03] | Well, I’ve got disabled parking. | 我有残疾人停车位 仅限残疾人停车 |
[46:05] | -So, have you got your blue badge? -[woman] Yes, we do. | -你拿到蓝色徽章了吗? -是 我们拿到了 |
[46:08] | Well, park in the blue badge. I’ve put a special space. | 去停蓝色标志的车位吧 我专门准备了位置 |
[46:11] | -Thank you. -Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[46:14] | Also, hordes of people were now arriving on foot. | 现在还有很多人步行前来 |
[46:19] | Soon, the shop was heaving, and Lisa was run off her feet. | 很快 商店人满为患 丽莎忙个不停 |
[46:25] | Hi. Hi, how are you? | 你好吗? |
[46:26] | Hi, how are you? Hi, how are you? | 你好吗? |
[46:28] | [Jeremy] I, meanwhile, had decided | 与此同时 我决定 |
[46:31] | I was more useful as a front-of-house type of person. | 我还是当门面更有用 |
[46:34] | -You mind if I take a picture? -No, that’s fine. | -可以拍张照片吗? -当然可以 |
[46:37] | -What do I write? -To Curtis. | -我要写什么? -给柯蒂斯 |
[46:40] | [Lisa] There we go. And your potatoes. | 好了 你的土豆 |
[46:44] | That’ll be £6.21, please, sir. There we go, £6.02. | 一共6.21英镑 先生 好了 6.02英镑 |
[46:46] | And that’s £6.72. | 一共6.72英镑 |
[46:47] | Anyone knows what happened Chelsea-Spurs? | 有人知道切尔西对热刺的比赛结果如何吗? |
[46:49] | -Six… How much? £2.20? Hi, how are you? -Fine thanks. | -多少钱?2.2英镑?你好吗? -很好 谢谢 |
[46:52] | There we go, and your potatoes. You want the cake as well? | 好了 你的土豆 要来点蛋糕吗? |
[46:55] | Which newspaper are you from? | 你是什么报社的? |
[46:57] | The Cotswolds Gentleman. | 《科茨沃尔德绅士》 |
[46:59] | -The Cotswolds Gentleman? -Yeah. | -《科茨沃尔德绅士》? -是的 |
[47:01] | Oh, I like the idea of being in the Cotswolds Gentleman. | 我很乐意登上《科茨沃尔德绅士》 |
[47:05] | As the customers piled in, a problem developed. | 随着客人不断涌入 出现了一个问题 |
[47:10] | The carpark was becoming a quagmire. | 停车场成了泥潭 |
[47:15] | [Kaleb] There’s a problem. | 有个问题 |
[47:16] | [Jeremy] I saw this as a public relations disaster, | 我把这视为公关危机 |
[47:19] | while Kaleb saw it as a business opportunity. | 而卡勒布却把它看成商机 |
[47:24] | You’re not charging people to tow them out of the carpark. | 你不能因为拖车离开停车场收别人钱 |
[47:28] | No, you’re not. | 不 不可以 |
[47:29] | You can’t. It’s not fair. It’s a shop. | 不可以 这不公平 这是个商店 |
[47:34] | You’re here to provide a service with my very powerful tractor. | 你是来用我的强劲拖拉机提供服务的 |
[47:37] | Hmm… | |
[47:39] | Yeah, now that I think of it. | -是 |
[47:41] | [customer] Does that mean I can have my £10 back? | 你这么一说确实是 -我能拿回我的10英镑吗? |
[47:42] | You’re not paying him. Kaleb, give him… | 你不能付钱给他 卡勒布 还给他… |
[47:45] | -I gave him £10. -See? There’s a business idea. | -我给了他10英镑 -看到没?这是商业头脑 |
[47:47] | It isn’t a business idea, it’s theft. | 这不是商业头脑 这是盗窃行为 |
[47:49] | As the afternoon wore on, the punters kept on coming. | 下午的时光逐渐流逝 客人还是源源不断 |
[47:58] | Right, so that is just over three kilos, let’s say three kilos. | 对 刚刚超过3公斤 就算3公斤吧 |
[48:01] | A card would be much easier if you have it. | 如果有卡的话会方便很多 |
[48:04] | I’ll carry it to your car, madam. | 我帮你搬上车 夫人 |
[48:08] | [Lisa] Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:14] | I mean, I can’t sell meat, but I have got a bit of mutton. | 我不能卖肉 但我有一些羊肉 |
[48:25] | [Kaleb] Thank you very much. And it’s £10 to get out. | 非常感谢 出去需要10英镑 |
[48:28] | If you want my meat, it’s round the back. | 如果你想要买我的肉 就在后面 |
[48:31] | After a frantic day, it was time to shut the doors… | 疯狂的一天结束后 该关门… |
[48:36] | -Thanks for coming. -Thank you ever so much for coming. | -谢谢你们来 -非常感谢 |
[48:39] | [Lisa] Enjoy your potatoes. | 希望你们喜欢这些土豆 |
[48:40] | …and count the takings. | …清点收益了 |
[48:44] | 40, 60, 80, 120. | |
[48:48] | Do we need one of those, like, Pablo Escobar counting machines? | 我们是不是要搞一台那种毒枭巴勃罗的点钞机? |
[48:52] | No, you know, like drug dealers where they go… [mimics riffling] | 就是毒贩用的那种… |
[48:55] | One fifty… | |
[48:57] | I’d say we have about | 我觉得我们大约有 |
[49:00] | 160, 170, 175 in there. | |
[49:05] | -One hundred and seventy-five? -Yeah, and… | -是的… |
[49:07] | -£75. -Cash. | -75英镑 -现金 |
[49:09] | -I know… -And then, but I was quite busy… | -我知道… -然后 可我很忙… |
[49:12] | -How much did we do on credit card? -How much do you think? | -我们信用卡有多少? -你觉得有多少? |
[49:15] | Um… Don’t know. I can’t even begin to guess. £100, £200? | 不知道 我都不知道从哪开始猜 100镑?200镑 |
[49:19] | [Lisa] £897.76. So, we almost made it. | 897.76英镑 |
[49:24] | Eighty-seven? | 我们差不多做到了 |
[49:26] | -£897.76. -Plus 100… | -897.76英镑 -加上100… |
[49:30] | -Plus 100… Well, we’ll own up to this. -So, 170 odd. | -加上100…我们收了这么多 -所以大约170 |
[49:33] | A hundred and… | 100加… |
[49:34] | Seventy odd, so over a grand. | 大约70 超过一千了 |
[49:40] | -I know! -I’m a human tripod. | -我知道! -我简直是万人迷 |
[49:44] | -That’s a lot of sales. We have… -There is still a lot… | -卖了很多 我们… -还有很多… |
[49:47] | …sold so many potatoes. | …卖了非常多土豆 |
[49:50] | And we have so many left, Jeremy. | 我们还剩很多 杰雷米 |
[49:55] | But no matter, the shop was now on the map, | 无论如何 商店已经小有名气了 |
[49:58] | and there was always tomorrow. | 明天还有机会继续努力 |
[50:02] | Except, as it turned out, there wasn’t. | 然而事实是 明天没有机会了 |
[50:10] | I’ve been closed down. | 我被关停了 |
[50:11] | I have in my hand a piece of paper from the council. | 我手里有一张理事会的文件 |
[50:14] | They are unhappy with the tin roof. | 他们对锡制屋顶表示不满 |
[50:16] | They say they want it to be made of slate. | 他们要求屋顶由石板制成 |
[50:18] | Obviously, if they’re not happy, I don’t have planning permission. | 如果他们不满意 我就拿不到规划许可 |
[50:21] | If I don’t have planning permission, I can’t be open. | 没有它我就不能开张 |
[50:23] | Which means this is the shortest farm shop business in history. | 也就是说 这是史上经营时间最短的农用商店 |
[50:32] | Something will go right one day, it has to. | 总有一天一切会顺利的 必须的 |
[50:35] | It has to. | 必须的 下集预告 |
[50:41] | Oh, yeah, look at that. | 哦 好 看啊 |
[50:43] | Ecoists get their cocks out for this kind of thing, don’t they? | 生态主义者对这种事情要激烈抗议的吧? |
[50:50] | What the fuck are you doing up here? | 你在这里搞什么? |
[50:53] | [upbeat music playing] | 创意监督:罗婷婷 |