时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | It’s just that memory, it’s a tricky thing. | 记忆其实是个很难把握的东西 |
[00:08] | It’s complex, unpredictable. | 既复杂又无法预料 |
[00:11] | Right now, Makayla says she hardly remembers a thing. | 现在玛凯拉说她什么都不记得了 |
[00:13] | Right, because she was drugged when she was taken. | 没错 因为被拐走时她被迷晕了 |
[00:16] | Phenobarbital, they kept her asleep the whole time. | 是苯巴比妥 他们一直让她昏睡 |
[00:18] | I understand that. | 这个我明白 |
[00:19] | But that makes it even more complicated. | 但这会让情况更加复杂 |
[00:22] | At this moment, she seems to be coping remarkably well. | 目前她好像处理得非常好 |
[00:26] | Why does it have to be “Seems”? | 为什么只能说是”好像”呢 |
[00:29] | She’s sleeping better. | 她睡得更踏实了 |
[00:30] | She’s on a routine. | 她作息很有规律 |
[00:32] | She’s–she’s happy. | 她…她很快乐 |
[00:34] | I don’t want to keep putting a label on my kid | 我不想在孩子本身很好的情况下 |
[00:36] | that she’s not well when she is. | 刻意给她贴上一个有状况的标签 |
[00:37] | She’s okay. | 她挺好的 |
[00:39] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[00:41] | But I do want you to be prepared | 但我还是要请你们做好 |
[00:42] | that she might remember. | 她可能记得的准备 |
[00:44] | Okay, so–why? | 为什么呢 |
[00:46] | Help us out, Doc. | 给我们讲讲 医生 |
[00:47] | I mean, will she or won’t she? | 她会还是不会呢 |
[00:51] | I can’t tell you that for certain. | 我无法确切地告诉你 |
[00:57] | It’s possible she may never remember the events fully. | 她可能永远也不会完整地记起那些事 |
[01:00] | It might feel like a dream to her, something abstract. | 可能感觉是个梦 是个抽象的东西 |
[01:03] | Or it might be images in her mind, like photographs. | 或可能是她脑子里的一些图像 像照片一样 |
[01:06] | Or one day, it very well could come back lucid, real. | 或某一天她会全都想起来 清晰而真实 |
[01:14] | I wish I could give you a clearer answer than all that, | 我希望能给你们更明确的回答 |
[01:16] | but I can’t. | 可我做不到 |
[01:19] | I just want you to know that over time, | 我只是想告诉你们 随着时间流逝 |
[01:22] | her memory will shift. | 她的记忆会变化 |
[01:27] | They do for all of us. | 我们所有人都是这样 |
[01:30] | She does seem a little like a ticking time bomb. | 她的确好像有点像在倒计时的定时炸弹 |
[01:32] | Yeah, well, she’s not. She’s fine. | 她不是 她很好 |
[01:35] | I know. | 我明白 |
[01:42] | I wanted to talk to you about something else. | 我想和你谈件别的事 |
[01:44] | The building manager called me yesterday | 大厦经理昨天给我打过电话 |
[01:46] | about the three-bedroom that we put the deposit down on. | 我们交过定金的那个三个卧室的公寓 |
[01:49] | It’s gonna be ready next week. | 下周就腾出来了 |
[01:52] | I was thinking I’d still take it for Makayla and I. | 我想我还是会租下来 玛凯拉和我去住 |
[01:55] | Really? | 是吗 |
[01:57] | Yeah, you know, unless you want it for yourself. | 对 除非你自己想过去住 |
[01:59] | No, it’s too big for just me. | 不 我一个人住太大了 |
[02:01] | Yeah, I mean, bad things happened in that place. | 现在的住处发生过坏事 |
[02:03] | I think it’d be good to get her out of it. | 我觉得让她搬出去比较好 |
[02:04] | Clean slate. | 重新开始 |
[02:12] | All right, well, | 好吧 |
[02:14] | I should get to my dad’s. | 我得去我爸爸家了 |
[02:15] | He’s been in Florida for the last seven weeks, | 他去佛罗里达七个星期了 |
[02:16] | so you can imagine his fridge. | 所以你能想象他冰箱会是什么情况 |
[02:18] | Ooh, that’s a fun, fun treat for you. | 对你这倒是个有意思的活儿 |
[02:20] | I know, right? All right, Mak. | 是啊 好了 玛凯 |
[02:21] | I’ve got to peace out, kid. | 孩子 我得走了 |
[02:23] | – Okay. – Hold up. | -好吧 -等等 |
[02:24] | We caught a scene. | 有情况了 |
[02:29] | Makayla gets to see Disco Bob’s? | 玛凯拉可以去看舞神鲍勃吗 |
[02:32] | Sure, yeah. | 行吧 |
[02:34] | Okay, bye, Mak. | 再见了 玛凯 |
[02:36] | – Bye, Mom. – Bye. | -再见妈妈 -再见 |
[02:47] | – We the first ones here? – I think so. | -我们是最先到现场的 -应该是吧 |
[02:52] | Intelligence. Who’s she? | 情报组 她是谁 |
[02:53] | She found the victims. | 是她发现的遇害者 |
[02:55] | They’re her parents, the Graces. | 是她父母 格雷斯夫妇 |
[02:56] | She hadn’t heard from them in a couple of days, | 他们两天没和她联系了 |
[02:58] | so she came here, used her key, found them. | 于是她过来 用她的钥匙 发现了他们 |
[03:01] | Get the paramedics here to help her. | 让急救人员过来给她看看 |
[03:05] | – 2622. – Casowith. | -2622 -凯斯维斯 |
[03:16] | It was on when we arrived. | 我们到的时候门就开着 |
[03:17] | We didn’t want to touch anything. | 我们不想碰任何东西 |
[03:19] | Looks like they were being held in there. | 看来他们是被绑在那了 |
[03:40] | That’s not water. That’s bleach. | 那不是水 是漂白剂 |
[04:13] | Sir, please understand, | 先生 请理解 |
[04:14] | it’s an active crime scene inside. | 里面是调查中的犯罪现场 |
[04:15] | I don’t get what you’re telling me. | 我不明白你跟我说的是什么意思 |
[04:16] | They’re my parents. I want to see them. | 他们是我父母 我要见他们 |
[04:18] | I can’t let you go inside. | 我不能让你进去 |
[04:19] | They’re trying to give my sister a goddamn sedative. | 他们想要给我姐姐打他妈镇静剂 |
[04:20] | You’re telling me my parents were murdered. | 你跟我说我父母被杀了 |
[04:22] | I’m going inside. | 我要进去 |
[04:22] | No, believe me, you don’t want to see them like this. | 相信我 你不会想看见他们的这副惨状 |
[04:24] | You don’t. Please. | 真的 |
[04:26] | – Children? – Yeah. | -子女 -对 |
[04:27] | They got another son coming in from Dunlap. | 还有一个儿子正从邓拉普赶过来 |
[04:29] | The Graces have three children, seven grandkids, | 格雷斯夫妇有三个子女 七个孙子孙女 |
[04:32] | and they’ve lived in this place for 36 years. | 他们在这里住了36年 |
[04:38] | – Forced entry, home invasion? – No, sir, no signs of either. | -溜门撬锁或者强行闯入 -两种迹象都没有 |
[04:41] | Nothing appears to be missing at all. | 好像什么东西也没丢 |
[04:43] | We also found rope and duct tape in the bedroom upstairs. | 我们还在楼上卧室发现了绳索和密封胶带 |
[04:47] | Killer spent quite some time with the Graces | 根据所做的食物来看 凶手和格雷斯夫妇 |
[04:49] | before he killed them based on this food cooked. | 待了相当长时间后才杀死他们 |
[04:52] | I’m thinking half a day. | 我想有半天时间 |
[04:59] | What’s that smell, bleach? | 什么味道 漂白剂 |
[05:01] | They were bathed in it before they were killed. | 被害前 他们先被泡在了里面 |
[05:03] | The walls were wiped too. Should be splatter everywhere. | 墙也被擦过了 之前应该到处是喷溅的血迹 |
[05:06] | Killer wiped down everything. | 凶手把所有地方都擦过了 |
[05:07] | This is the cleanest scene I’ve worked | 这是我干这行30年来见过的 |
[05:09] | in 30 years on this job. | 打扫最彻底的现场 |
[05:11] | He’s damn smart. | 他非常聪明 |
[05:12] | I doubt we’ll get anything. | 我觉得我们不会有任何发现 |
[05:14] | Scrub it clean anyway. | 那也仔细勘验一下吧 |
[05:15] | This can’t possibly be a first-time kill. | 这不可能是初次杀人 |
[05:18] | It’s way too well-executed. | 做得太井井有条了 |
[05:19] | All right, so let’s run it all past ViCAP, | 那我们去暴力犯罪缉捕计划数据库查查 |
[05:21] | see if it matches any other homicides. | 看看有没有别的凶杀案相吻合吧 |
[05:23] | Yeah. | 好 |
[05:26] | There were no signs of sexual trauma on either | 格雷斯夫妇两人身上都没有 |
[05:28] | of the Graces’ bodies, | 性侵犯的痕迹 |
[05:29] | so whatever the motive was, it wasn’t rape. | 所以动机肯定不是强奸 |
[05:31] | Any low-hanging fruit on surveillance? | 监控上有什么轻易的收获吗 |
[05:33] | There’s a wildlife camera in their backyard, | 他们后院有个野生动物监测摄像头 |
[05:34] | but that’s all it caught– | 但也只是拍到了那些… |
[05:35] | squirrels and the neighbor’s cat. | 松鼠和邻居的猫 |
[05:38] | PODs? | 警用监控呢 |
[05:39] | No, whole stretch of that neighborhood doesn’t have them. | 那一带全都没有 |
[05:42] | It’s too safe to need them. | 太安全了没必要 |
[05:43] | Well, the neighbors’ security cameras– | 邻居的监控探头 |
[05:44] | there’s four of them down the block– | 街上有四家装了 |
[05:46] | got nothing on them either. | 也没什么发现 |
[05:47] | Right, and there’s no 911 calls, no witnesses. | 没有报警电话 没有目击者 |
[05:49] | That block was dead quiet all night. | 那条街整晚都很安静 |
[05:51] | Strange thing is, I went back six months | 奇怪的是 我往回找了六个月 |
[05:52] | to find in-service calls– nothing. | 都没有发现有报警记录 |
[05:55] | No prints on any of the plates, cups, light switches. | 盘子杯子开关上都没有指纹 |
[05:57] | No strands of foreign hair. No murder weapon. | 没有外人的毛发 没有凶器 |
[06:00] | And their family? | 他们家人呢 |
[06:01] | I spoke to the children. | 我和子女谈过了 |
[06:03] | They were aware of no threats made to the parents. | 据他们所知父母没受到过威胁 |
[06:05] | Couldn’t think of anyone that would | 他们也完全想不起有什么人会 |
[06:07] | want to harm them at all. We’re at empty. | 想伤害他们 我们一无所获 |
[06:08] | Well, clearly this is not a normal homicide. | 好吧 这显然不是一般的谋杀案 |
[06:11] | I mean, it wasn’t about passion, about opportunity. | 这不是激情杀人 也不是机会杀人 |
[06:14] | It was sadistic. | 这是为了施虐 |
[06:15] | I mean, killer played with these people. | 杀手在玩弄这些人 |
[06:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:19] | I mean, why the dinner, the book, the bath, | 为什么会有晚餐 书 沐浴 |
[06:21] | this bedtime routine? | 这一套睡前程序 |
[06:22] | I ran our crime stats and MO through | 我照你说的在暴力犯罪缉捕计划里查了 |
[06:24] | ViCAP like you asked. | 犯罪统计数据和作案手法 |
[06:26] | No other homicides popped as a match, | 没跳出其他匹配的谋杀案 |
[06:27] | but something else did when I ran | 但我查”用漂白剂洗澡”和”摇篮曲”时 |
[06:29] | “Bleach bath” and “Lullaby.” | 有其他的东西跳出来 |
[06:31] | Oh, good. | 好 |
[06:35] | All right, here we go. | 好 开始 |
[06:38] | This boy is Daniel Smith. | 这个男孩叫丹尼尔·史密斯 |
[06:40] | Police found him 28 years ago in 1994 | 28年前也就是1994年 |
[06:43] | at a rest stop off 55 | 警察在55号公路的一个休息站发现了他 |
[06:45] | half dressed and covered in bleach. | 当时他半裸着 全身都是漂白剂 |
[06:48] | Police believe someone had bathed him in it. | 警察觉得有人用漂白剂给他洗过澡 |
[06:50] | And Daniel, you say someone took | 丹尼尔 你说有人 |
[06:53] | your parents, told you to run? | 带走了你父母 让你跑 |
[06:55] | Who? | 这个人是谁 |
[06:58] | Did you know this person? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[07:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:02] | Now, this man, he went into your house, right? | 这个人进了你家 对吗 |
[07:04] | Where is your house? | 你的家在哪里 |
[07:05] | RV. | 房车 |
[07:06] | Okay, an RV, that’s good. | 好 一辆房车 很好 |
[07:08] | But Daniel, you said this man gave you a bath. | 不过丹尼尔 你说这个人给你洗了澡 |
[07:11] | How did he give you a bath in an RV? | 他怎么在房车里给你洗澡的 |
[07:15] | – I want to go home. – I know, bud. | -我想回家 -我知道 伙计 |
[07:18] | Okay, what about your mom and dad’s names? | 好 你妈妈和爸爸叫什么名字 |
[07:20] | Do you know their real names? | 你知道他们的真实姓名吗 |
[07:21] | Mommy and Daddy. | 叫妈妈和爸爸 |
[07:23] | Yeah, that’s right, | 对 没错 |
[07:25] | but what about their real names? | 但他们的真名叫什么 |
[07:29] | It continues on like this. | 之后的对话也是这样 |
[07:30] | The detectives interview Daniel | 警探们在几十天里 |
[07:31] | dozens of times over dozens of days. | 审问了丹尼尔很多次 |
[07:34] | His story does shift, but the gist of it is, | 他的故事会有变化 但故事主线 |
[07:37] | a man entered his house | 一个男人进了他家 |
[07:38] | and told his parents what to do. | 然后告诉他父母要怎么做 |
[07:40] | He read them a book, made them eat dinner, | 他给他们读了书 让他们吃晚餐 |
[07:43] | sing the lullabies, gave them a bath | 唱摇篮曲 给他们在 |
[07:45] | in something that smelled. | 难闻的水里洗澡 |
[07:48] | And when it got to nighttime, the man told Daniel to run, | 然后到了晚上 那个人就让丹尼尔跑 |
[07:50] | and his dad said to listen. | 他爸爸也说听他的话 |
[07:52] | And the boy’s parents? | 那男孩的父母呢 |
[07:53] | That’s where it gets stranger. | 这就是奇怪的地方 |
[07:55] | They were never found, | 警方一直都没找到他们 |
[07:56] | not even ID’d. | 甚至不知道他们的身份 |
[07:57] | Police searched. They did a national poll. | 警方搜查过 也在全国范围内询问过 |
[07:59] | There were no missing Smiths that matched his parents, | 没找到跟他父母匹配的史密斯夫妇 |
[08:02] | no Smith family with a missing three-year-old, | 也没找到有三岁小孩失踪的史密斯家庭 |
[08:04] | nothing on birth records. | 甚至找不到出生记录 |
[08:06] | They searched RV sites, | 他们搜查过房车营地 |
[08:07] | every neighborhood in Illinois. | 伊利诺伊州的所有社区 |
[08:09] | They did this for years. | 他们查了很多年 |
[08:10] | They were never able to corroborate | 他们无法证实这个男孩 |
[08:12] | a single detail of this boy’s story, | 故事里的任何细节 |
[08:14] | not even his name. | 包括他的名字 |
[08:15] | So he’s like a living John Doe. | 所以他就像个活着的无名氏 |
[08:16] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[08:17] | He was placed into foster care and adopted finally at 13. | 他被送到了寄养中心 到13岁才终于有人收养 |
[08:20] | Says he lives in Oak Park now. | 据说他现在住在橡树公园 |
[08:22] | He does, 31 with a wife and child. | 是的 他现在31岁 已经娶妻生子了 |
[08:24] | Get him to talk to you. | 去跟他谈谈 |
[08:42] | Daniel? | 是丹尼尔吗 |
[08:43] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[08:47] | We were hoping we could speak with you. | 我们想跟你谈谈 |
[08:51] | Yeah, you just stay right there. | 好 你们就站在那里 |
[08:53] | Give me a minute. | 等我一分钟 |
[08:55] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[09:03] | Sorry, just didn’t want to talk in front of my family, | 抱歉 我只是不想在家人面前谈 |
[09:06] | but this won’t take long because I’m not interested. | 但应该不会太久 因为我没兴趣谈 |
[09:09] | I’m sorry? | 什么意思 |
[09:10] | I mean, I appreciate that you are, but I’m not. | 我很感激你们对这事有兴趣 但我没兴趣 |
[09:12] | This happens every few years. | 这种事每隔几年都会发生 |
[09:14] | Cops show up, they read my cold case, | 警察看过我的悬案就来找我 |
[09:16] | and now I believe that the original cops, | 现在我相信原来那些警察了 |
[09:20] | they were probably right. | 他们可能是对的 |
[09:21] | Okay, right about what exactly? | 好 具体哪些是对的 |
[09:23] | It’s all in the full file. | 档案里都有 |
[09:25] | Cops believe that the man I described, | 警察们觉得我描述的那个人 |
[09:26] | my home, my parents, that it was all a response to trauma. | 我的家 我父母都是创伤后的应激反应 |
[09:30] | They thought that I’d been abused | 他们觉得我被虐待并被 |
[09:31] | and abandoned, that my mind couldn’t handle it. | 抛弃了 以至于我的大脑无法处理这些事 |
[09:33] | So I forgot, and I filled in the blank with something else. | 所以我忘了 并用其他记忆填补了这段空白 |
[09:36] | They thought none of it was true. | 他们觉得我说的一切都是假的 |
[09:38] | You misunderstand. We’re here for a current case. | 你误会了 我们是来调查现在的案子 |
[09:40] | Daniel, we’re here because it appears that | 丹尼尔 我们来是因为 |
[09:43] | what you reported, it happened again. | 你说的那些事再次发生了 |
[09:59] | You good? Comfortable? | 你还好吗 觉得不舒服吗 |
[10:01] | No. No, not even a little bit. | 不 不 一点都没有 |
[10:03] | We’re sorry about this room, man. | 我们很抱歉让你待在审讯室里 哥们 |
[10:05] | It’s just we have to be in here to capture | 只是我们必须在这里才能让 |
[10:06] | what you say on that camera there. | 摄像头把你说的一切拍下来 |
[10:09] | Sure, sure. Thank you. | 当然 谢谢 |
[10:11] | You know, I just– | 我只是 |
[10:13] | I doubt I’m gonna get you anywhere. | 我不知道自己能不能帮到你们 |
[10:16] | I don’t want you to waste your time with me. | 我不想让你们在我身上浪费时间 |
[10:18] | Probably better spent with the other family. | 也许你们去查别的家庭会更好 |
[10:20] | Yeah, no, we’re digging into them, I promise you. | 嗯 别这么说 我们也会查他们 我保证 |
[10:22] | But it’s possible this will help. | 但也许你能帮上忙 |
[10:25] | Yeah, I don’t think you understand fully. | 嗯 我觉得你们没完全明白我的意思 |
[10:27] | I’ve got no idea what’s real and what isn’t, | 我分不清真假 |
[10:30] | and I’ve spent, like, the last 30 years of my life | 而且我花了过去的三十年人生 |
[10:33] | trying to figure it out, but I’ve gotten nowhere. | 想搞清楚这件事 却毫无进展 |
[10:37] | Why don’t you tell the two of us everything you can? | 你可以尽可能把一切都告诉我们 |
[10:39] | And then this time, she and I can be the ones | 这次 我们俩会帮你 |
[10:41] | – to try and figure it out. – Yeah. | -搞清楚这一切 -对 |
[10:47] | I remember a mom and a dad. | 我记得有爸爸妈妈 |
[10:50] | They’re young, and they’re beautiful. | 他们很年轻 是帅哥美女 |
[10:52] | And there’s an RV sometimes. | 有时候还会想起一辆房车 |
[10:54] | And I know that I– | 而且我知道 |
[10:56] | I told the cops about a house, but I don’t– | 我跟警察提过一栋房子 |
[10:59] | I don’t really remember a house. | 但我并不真的记得有栋房子 |
[11:01] | The only thing I remember are the curtains. | 我唯一记得的是那些窗帘 |
[11:05] | They’re flowered, or with birds on them. | 上面有花 或者鸟 |
[11:10] | And, uh, a bath. | 还有洗澡 |
[11:14] | I remember pain. | 我记得很痛苦 |
[11:16] | The bath, I had to take a bath. | 洗澡 我必须洗澡 |
[11:20] | Told Mommy, Daddy, I didn’t like it. | 我告诉过爸爸妈妈 我不喜欢洗澡 |
[11:23] | It–it hurt my skin. | 我的皮肤会很疼 |
[11:27] | And I was crying. | 而且我哭了 |
[11:29] | And someone told me to stop. | 有人让我别哭 |
[11:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[11:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:36] | Sometimes I convince myself that it was my dad, my mom, | 有时我会说服自己那是我爸妈 |
[11:38] | that, you know, it really was abuse | 但那段回忆让我饱受折磨 |
[11:41] | and that it happened all the time. | 时不时会在我脑海浮现 |
[11:43] | And then I think that there was someone else, a man. | 我还记得当时还有一个男人 |
[11:48] | This man, do you know him? | 这个男人 你认识他吗 |
[11:52] | No. | 不认识 |
[11:53] | He’s this stranger that just appears | 他就是个某天凭空 |
[11:56] | one day out of thin air. | 出现的陌生人 |
[12:00] | He drops down with this pink dust. | 伴着粉色烟雾从天而降 |
[12:07] | Pink dust. | 粉色烟雾 |
[12:10] | Yeah, that’s what I remember. | 是 我记忆里就是这样 |
[12:14] | In my head, it falls off him like snow. | 在我的印象里 它们像雪花一样从他身上滑落 |
[12:23] | I don’t know. | 我也说不上来为什么 |
[12:25] | I get why the police thought it was something else. | 我知道为什么警察会觉得另有隐情了 |
[12:27] | The way Daniel talks about it even now, it feels made up. | 即使丹尼尔现在说起这事 还是像杜撰的 |
[12:31] | It feels like a kid telling a story. | 就像是一个小孩在讲故事 |
[12:33] | Yeah, it’s hard to believe. I mean, why the gaps? | 没错 很难相信 为什么会间隔这么多年 |
[12:35] | 28 years between crimes? | 两起案子隔了28年 |
[12:37] | It’s a long stretch for any killer. | 没有哪个杀手等得了那么多年 |
[12:38] | Exactly, especially one this elaborate. | 没错 尤其是这么细节的案子 |
[12:40] | All right, so what else do we know about the Graces? | 好了 关于格雷斯一家的案子还有什么线索 |
[12:42] | Yeah, we’re still scraping the barrel with the Graces. | 我们还在收集格雷斯家的证物 |
[12:44] | Ran that duct tape and the rope from the crime scene, | 我们查了犯罪现场的胶带和绳子 |
[12:47] | both widely sold generic brands. | 都是随处可见的大众品牌 |
[12:49] | Same goes for the book and the CD. | 书和光盘也是一样 |
[12:50] | They’re dated, but they’re sold everywhere. | 虽然过时了 但到处都有卖 |
[12:52] | Yeah, and re-interviewed every person on that block. | 我们还重新询问了那个街区的所有人 |
[12:54] | No report of a suspicious vehicle, suspicious person. | 没有可疑车辆和可疑人员的报告 |
[12:58] | Nobody saw anything, and people were out. | 没人看到任何东西 而且当时人们都出去了 |
[13:00] | That’s what makes zero sense. | 这点非常奇怪 |
[13:02] | All right, so keep working both scenes. | 那就继续调查两处现场 |
[13:05] | Keep looking for a nexus. | 继续寻找线索 |
[13:07] | Hey, I’m gonna go back over to my dad’s. | 我要回我爸爸家 |
[13:11] | Told him I’d send some clothes out. | 我说要给他寄点衣服 |
[13:12] | – Cool if Mak comes? – Yeah. | -能让玛凯过来吗 -好啊 |
[13:14] | She gonna be your packing buddy? | 要让她帮你打包吗 |
[13:15] | She, uh–she found some baby pictures of me. | 她找到了一些我小时候的照片 |
[13:18] | Apparently, I look like mashed potatoes. | 她说我看着跟土豆泥似的 |
[13:20] | So she wants to hunt for more. | 所以她想再多找几张 |
[13:22] | Fine, I’ll keep working, | 好吧 我接着工作 |
[13:23] | and I’ll meet you back at our house? | 晚点我们家见 |
[13:26] | My apartment. | 我家 |
[13:26] | Yeah. Okay. | 当然 好的 |
[14:00] | Dr. Magnuson? | 马格努森医生 |
[14:01] | I’m Officer Kim Burgess, Chicago PD. | 我是金·伯吉斯警官 芝加哥警署的 |
[14:04] | I was hoping you could spare a few moments | 我希望你能抽出点时间 |
[14:06] | to talk to me about a patient you evaluated decades ago. | 跟我谈谈你几十年前评估过的一个病人 |
[14:09] | – His name was Daniel– – Smith. | -他的名字叫丹尼尔 -史密斯 |
[14:12] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[14:13] | Yes, I always knew someone would come. | 我一直知道迟早会有人来找我 |
[14:16] | Come in. Come in. | 进来吧 快进来 |
[14:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[14:21] | Sorry for the mess. | 抱歉房子有点乱 |
[14:23] | My wife died two years ago, | 我妻子两年前去世了 |
[14:25] | and I have yet to master her tidiness. | 我还没能学会她收拾家里的本事 |
[14:30] | I guess I’m lost without her. | 没了她我就不知所措了 |
[14:32] | But we can talk in here. | 不过我们可以在这里聊 |
[14:35] | Now, memory is a fickle kind of ghost, so I kept everything. | 记忆如幽灵般变化无常 所以我保留了一切 |
[14:40] | Should be here somewhere. | 应该就在这某处 |
[14:42] | And you knew police would come ask about Daniel? | 你知道警察会来问丹尼尔的事 |
[14:45] | Yes, I knew it was just a matter of time | 是的 我知道这是迟早的事 |
[14:48] | until somebody turned up. | 肯定会有人上门问 |
[14:50] | Oh, here we go. | 在这呢 |
[14:53] | The cops kept everything relevant, | 警察保留了所有案情有关的证物 |
[14:55] | but I continued seeing Daniel after he went into care. | 不过丹尼尔进了福利院后我跟他保持了联系 |
[15:00] | I kept the rest. | 我保留了余下的证物 |
[15:01] | – Why did you believe Daniel? – You don’t? | -你为什么相信丹尼尔说的话 -你不信吗 |
[15:05] | No. | 不信 |
[15:07] | No, I don’t– | 不是 我不 |
[15:09] | I don’t know what I believe, except– | 我不知道我相信什么 除了 |
[15:11] | look, I’m glad for him either way that he doesn’t remember. | 不管怎样 我很庆幸他想不起来 |
[15:17] | But you were the only professional listed | 但你是当时名单上唯一一个 |
[15:19] | that didn’t think it could be abuse. | 不认为这是虐待的专业人士 |
[15:21] | I didn’t have a professional answer then, | 我当时没有给出专业的答案 |
[15:23] | and I still don’t. | 现在也没有 |
[15:25] | But I’ve spent my life working with children. | 但我一生都在和孩子们打交道 |
[15:28] | You learn to see it when a child’s loved. | 一个孩子是否被宠爱是可以看出来的 |
[15:31] | It’s something real– a confidence, a protection. | 这种爱是真实的 是一种自信 是一种保护 |
[15:35] | And Daniel, I believed he was loved by parents. | 而丹尼尔 我相信他父母深深爱着他 |
[15:40] | I just believed him. | 我就是相信他 |
[15:55] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[15:57] | Well, we got a little bored of my dad’s place. | 我们在我爸家有点无聊 |
[15:59] | Found two pictures, | 找到了两张照片 |
[16:01] | decided that’s all we were really interested in. | 那是我们唯一感兴趣的东西 |
[16:03] | So there might have been a little phone bribing going on. | 所以我用手机贿赂了她 |
[16:07] | This is the last video, right, kiddo? | 这是最后一个视频 对吧孩子 |
[16:09] | Mm-hmm, it’s a good one. | 没错 而且很好看 |
[16:12] | Okay, let me see. | 好吧 让我看看 |
[16:16] | What exactly are you supposed to be? | 你这扮的是什么呀 |
[16:26] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[16:27] | And pose! | 摆出姿势 |
[16:34] | Hand it over. | 给我吧 |
[16:36] | You’re cut off for the evening, young lady. | 你今晚的份额用完了 小姐 |
[16:39] | You gonna do bedtime? | 你会给我念睡前故事吗 |
[16:42] | Yeah, I would love to do bedtime. | 当然 我很乐意念 |
[16:45] | Let’s hit it. | 我们走吧 |
[16:48] | – Night. – Oh, good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[16:52] | I gotcha. | 好了 |
[16:53] | – One book. – Okay. | -就念一本 -知道了 |
[16:55] | It’s very late. | 很晚了 |
[19:23] | You can enter every single row house | 你可以从阁楼进入每一排房子 |
[19:25] | from the attic, each one. | 每一间都可以 |
[19:26] | All you have to be is small enough and determined. | 身量足够小的人只要想就能做到 |
[19:28] | And you’ll have full access to every home. | 以你的身材可以进入所有房子 |
[19:30] | Yeah, and a view. | 对 还看的一清二楚 |
[19:32] | You can see and hear from the ductworks. | 你可以从管道系统看到听到住户的活动 |
[19:34] | And that’s why we don’t have surveillance | 所以我们才没有查到 |
[19:36] | of the offender entering the Graces’ home, | 罪犯进入格雷斯家的监控记录 |
[19:38] | why he’s been like a ghost. | 这就是他神出鬼没的原因 |
[19:39] | He’s coming from above. | 他是从上面进去的 |
[19:40] | How’s the offender getting up there? | 罪犯是怎么上去的 |
[19:42] | Well, the last row house on the block is empty. | 这个街区最后一排房子是空的 |
[19:43] | It’s been under reno for a year. | 最近一年都在装修 |
[19:45] | So easy to break into, nobody knowing. | 所以很容易神不知鬼不觉地进入 |
[19:47] | So he breaks in without a trace. | 所以他不留痕迹地闯进来 |
[19:49] | He makes his way up to the attic. | 他爬上了阁楼 |
[19:50] | He watches the Graces, waits, drops down without a sound. | 注视着格雷斯一家 等待机会 悄无声息地跳下 |
[19:53] | You get anything from Daniel? | 丹尼尔那里有线索吗 |
[19:54] | We showed him pictures of the row houses. | 我们给他看了排屋的照片 |
[19:56] | He didn’t recognize anything. | 他什么都没认出来 |
[19:57] | The Graces have lived here since the ’80s. | 格雷斯一家从八十年代就住在这里了 |
[19:59] | There’s no record that Daniel’s family ever did. | 没有丹尼尔一家在这里住过的记录 |
[20:02] | I’m thinking he lived in a different row house entirely | 我在考虑他住在另一排连栋住宅里 |
[20:04] | with a similar attic, same framing, same duct work. | 但有相似的阁楼 相同的架构和管道系统 |
[20:07] | That’s our nexus, Sarge. | 这就是我们找到的联系 警长 |
[20:08] | Our offender’s not choosing our victims based on who they are. | 我们的嫌犯并不是基于身份来寻找受害者 |
[20:11] | He’s choosing them based on the buildings. | 而是基于房屋结构 |
[20:14] | He knows these buildings. | 他了解这种房屋 |
[20:15] | All right, so have Forensics do a second sweep of that attic | 好的 让鉴证科再搜一遍阁楼 |
[20:18] | and the empty row house. | 和那栋空房子 |
[20:20] | Then dig into the nexus. | 寻找有关联的人 |
[20:22] | Anyone who ever lived here, anyone who helped | 曾住在这里的人 曾经参与 |
[20:24] | build this place, we run. | 修建这里的人 我们都要查 |
[20:27] | Good work. | 很好 |
[20:31] | Anything? | 有什么发现吗 |
[20:32] | Yeah, the row homes were built by Age One Construction. | 这些连栋住宅是第一代建设公司造的 |
[20:35] | They still exist. They’re a small company. | 他们还在业 是家小公司 |
[20:36] | They take on Midwestern work. | 他们承接中西部的工程 |
[20:38] | And they hire out freelance. | 他们会雇自由职业者 |
[20:39] | Lots of contractors, especially the carpenters. | 很多合同工人 尤其是木匠 |
[20:42] | They keep records? | 他们有记录吗 |
[20:43] | Oh, no, of course not. | 没有 当然没有 |
[20:44] | So we’re going to have to go person by person. | 所以我们得一个一个人地找 |
[20:48] | Run through that for me. | 帮我去调查一下 |
[20:49] | Yes, you were listed on the building site. | 是的 你在建筑工地的名单上 |
[20:53] | No, sir, you were listed on Age One’s records. | 不 先生 你在第一代的记录里 |
[20:56] | Okay, well–right. | 好的 好的 |
[20:58] | We will confirm those dates for you. | 我们会和你确认日期 |
[20:59] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[21:01] | All right, we’ve got another misprint. | 好了 又有一个印错的 |
[21:02] | This man said he worked with Age One in the office in 1989. | 这个人说1989年他在第一代的办公室工作 |
[21:07] | Where are we with the tenants? | 那些住户的进展如何 |
[21:08] | Still nothing. I cleared four more. | 什么都没 我又排除了四个 |
[21:10] | All clean records. Don’t fit the profile. | 无犯罪记录 不符合侧写 |
[21:13] | Also, they don’t remember anything abnormal | 而且他们也不记得建筑工人 |
[21:14] | about any construction workers. | 有任何异常 |
[21:16] | It’s been too long. | 这太久了 |
[21:17] | Yes, ma’am, thank you. | 好的 女士 谢谢你 |
[21:21] | That’s a no-go. | 失败 |
[21:22] | Says she barely remembers living there. | 说她几乎不记得住过那里 |
[21:23] | She was going through a divorce when she rented the place. | 租那个房子时她刚离了婚 |
[21:27] | So she spent those months crying | 所以那几个月她一直在哭 |
[21:29] | and getting very into puzzles. | 而且很着迷于拼图 |
[21:32] | So I don’t think she’s our man. | 所以我觉得她不是我们要找的人 |
[21:35] | What other buildings did Age One build? | 第一代还建过什么房子 |
[21:37] | Uh, let me see. | 让我看看 |
[21:40] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[21:41] | They did a bunch downtown and then two more row houses, | 他们在市中心建过几栋 还有两排连栋住宅 |
[21:45] | one in Cicero and one in the Back of the Yards. | 一栋在西塞罗 一栋在后院大街 |
[21:48] | When were the row houses built? | 连栋住宅是什么时候建的 |
[21:49] | Three and seven years ago. | 一栋三年前 一栋七年前 |
[21:51] | Okay, more likely you remember a construction worker | 几年前的建筑工人肯定比 |
[21:53] | from a couple years ago than 40. | 四十年前的记得清楚 |
[21:55] | Jay and I’ll take the Back of the Yards. | 杰和我负责后院大街的 |
[21:56] | Cicero. | 我们去西塞罗 |
[22:10] | All right, I’m calling the leasing office. | 好的 我打给租赁办公室 |
[22:11] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[22:28] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[22:31] | What about that one? | 那一间怎么样 |
[22:33] | Yeah. | 不错 |
[22:36] | You see that guy, my 9 o’clock? | 你看到那个人了吗 我的九点钟方向 |
[22:39] | That guy? | 那个人 |
[22:41] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[22:43] | Sure looks like he’s staking out the place. | 他很像在监视这个地方 |
[22:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:47] | He’s bald. | 他秃顶 |
[22:48] | Looks like he’s shaved his eyebrows, | 看起来他剃掉了自己的眉毛 |
[22:49] | and the age is right. | 年纪也对得上 |
[22:56] | – That’s a good view. – That’s beautiful. | -那里看起来不错 -很漂亮 |
[22:58] | All right, let’s call the realtor. | 好了 我们打给房屋中介 |
[23:07] | – You keep eyes. – Mm-hmm. I got him. | -你看着他 -我盯紧了 |
[23:10] | Sarge, this is Kim and Adam. We’ve got a person of interest | 警长 是金和亚当 我们在西塞罗 |
[23:12] | at our nexus condos on Cicero. | 连栋公寓那里发现了一个嫌疑人 |
[23:14] | Male, white, 60s, 70s. Zero hair on his body. | 白人男性 六七十岁 没有毛发 |
[23:17] | Bald. Looks like he shaved his eyebrows, | 秃顶 看起来剃了自己的眉毛 |
[23:18] | so no hair for DNA evidence. | 所以没有毛发可以做DNA鉴定 |
[23:21] | All right, Kim, he’s moving. | 好了 金 他走了 |
[23:26] | Sarge, he’s getting in his car. | 警长 他上了自己的车 |
[23:27] | We’re going mobile. | 我们要出发了 |
[23:29] | Okay, keep a long eye. | 好的 盯好了 |
[23:31] | I’ll get Jay and Hailey moving to you. | 我让杰和海莉去你们那边 |
[23:33] | Keep distance. | 保持距离 |
[23:34] | All right, easy, easy, easy, easy. | 好的 慢点 慢点 慢点 |
[23:36] | Keep it discreet, nice and slow. | 小心跟上 保持距离 |
[23:39] | I can’t get a plate. | 我看不到车牌 |
[23:41] | Me neither, I can’t see a thing. | 我也是 什么也看不到 |
[23:43] | He was hunting that apartment, Adam. | 他在那栋公寓寻找目标 亚当 |
[23:44] | Yeah, we need more cars. | 是的 我们需要更多车来 |
[23:45] | Jay, Hailey, we’re heading northbound on Laramie. | 杰 海莉 我们在开往拉瑞米北端 |
[23:49] | A grey Sedan. Male, white driver. | 一辆灰色轿车 白人男性司机 |
[23:51] | 60s, 70s. He’s in the car alone. | 六七十岁 他一个人开车 |
[23:53] | We can’t get a plate read. | 我们看不清车牌 |
[23:55] | All right, we’re in the game. | 好的 我们在路上了 |
[23:56] | Pulling onto 2-1 now. | 开到21街了 |
[23:58] | We are northbound. | 我们在往北开 |
[23:59] | We should be parallel to you soon. | 应该马上就能和你们并行了 |
[24:01] | Copy you. He’s turning left on Laramie and Cermak. | 收到 他在拉瑞米和瑟马克交口左转了 |
[24:04] | – Did you clock the plate? – No, no. | -你记下车牌了吗 -没有 没有 |
[24:06] | All right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got him. | 好的 我们看到他了 |
[24:07] | We got him westbound on Cermak. | 我们在瑟马克西边跟上他了 |
[24:09] | We’re three cars behind. | 我们落后他三辆车 |
[24:11] | All right, we’re moving westbound now. | 好的 我们在向西边开 |
[24:12] | We’ll pick him up from you on 21st. | 我们在21街上继续跟他 |
[24:14] | Get eyes on a closer follow. | 盯好跟紧了 |
[24:15] | He’s taking a right on Central Ave. | 他在中央路右转了 |
[24:18] | We can’t follow. Kim, he’s coming right to you. | 我们跟不上了 金 他朝你们那边去了 |
[24:23] | He’s taking a left on 19th Street, moving fast. | 他在19号街左转了 开得很快 |
[24:25] | Go. | 快 |
[24:30] | All right, I got it. | 好了 我看到了 |
[24:32] | HD96Y3 Henry David 96 Young 3. | |
[24:37] | All right, I got him. | 好了 我找到他了 |
[24:39] | Name’s Jim Wheaton. 62 years old. | 名字叫吉姆·惠顿 62岁 |
[24:41] | Multiple priors– disorderly conduct, | 多项前科 妨碍治安 |
[24:43] | trespassing, multiple failures of protection orders. | 非法入室 多次违反保护令 |
[24:46] | Yeah, these are peeping Tom charges. | 这几个是偷窥相关指控 |
[24:48] | – Kim. – What? | -金 -怎么了 |
[24:49] | Guy’s a carpenter. | 这人是个木匠 |
[24:52] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[24:54] | Guys, target lives at 4272 18th. | 各位 嫌犯住在18街4272号 |
[24:57] | He’s gonna be bedding down. | 他正在回家的路上 |
[24:58] | He’s gonna be right on top of you. | 他马上就会碰到你们了 |
[24:59] | Pull back right now. Pull back now. | 马上撤退 马上撤退 |
[25:05] | We’re made. | 我们被发现了 |
[25:09] | Take him, Jay. Take him. Do not let him go inside. | 拿下他 杰 拿下他 别让他进去 |
[25:10] | Do not let him destroy evidence. | 别让他销毁证据 |
[25:12] | This is our guy, Jay. | 他就是我们要找的人 杰 |
[25:25] | Hello. How may I help you, officers? | 你好 有什么我能帮忙的 警官 |
[25:52] | Okay, someone want to explain to me | 好了 谁跟我解释下 |
[25:54] | what that man’s doing in interrogation | 一点证据都没有 |
[25:56] | without a shred of evidence? | 把那个人关进审讯室干什么 |
[25:58] | Because he’s good for it, | 因为他特别符合 |
[25:59] | and I’m not letting him stake out new victims | 我不想让他监视新的受害者 |
[26:01] | and destroy evidence. | 或者毁灭证据 |
[26:02] | Jim Wheaton has spent the better part of the last | 吉姆·惠顿过去25年大部分时间 |
[26:05] | 25 years in jail or prison, multiple habitual offences | 都在监狱里度过 惯犯 |
[26:08] | that all add up to one thing. | 所有的罪行加起来说 |
[26:09] | That is a man who enjoys watching | 这就是个喜欢偷窥别人 |
[26:11] | other people, other couples. | 偷窥夫妻家庭的人 |
[26:12] | It’s a man who wants to kill. | 是个想杀人的罪犯 |
[26:13] | He’s been charged three times on peeping Tom offenses. | 他因偷窥罪被起诉过三次 |
[26:16] | He is staking out victims. | 他在监视受害者 |
[26:18] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[26:19] | There’s a construction connect. | 建筑方面有关联 |
[26:20] | He’s a carpenter, does freelance jobs framing. | 他是个木匠 单干 做框架的活儿 |
[26:22] | It explains the attic. | 这能解释阁楼的问题 |
[26:23] | Okay, can we hook him to the row homes? | 好吧 能把他跟排屋联系起来吗 |
[26:25] | Not yet, but we’re working on it. | 还不行 但是我们正在努力 |
[26:26] | He also has a past that fits. | 他的经历也符合 |
[26:28] | He was taken from his home into care | 他八岁时 |
[26:29] | when he was eight years old. | 进入了福利机构 |
[26:30] | They said it’s complex trauma and abuse, | 他们说是因为复杂的创伤和虐待 |
[26:32] | and he was abused by his birth parents | 他被亲生父母 |
[26:34] | for eight years of his life. | 虐待了八年 |
[26:35] | But he wasn’t taken from his home | 不过直到他想用棒球棍 |
[26:36] | until he tried to beat his mom with a baseball bat. | 打他妈妈时他才被带走 |
[26:39] | It’s his MO, boss. | 这是他的作案手法 老大 |
[26:40] | He finds a couple, parents, tries to recreate | 他找到当了父母的夫妻试图重新营造 |
[26:43] | a happy little childhood, | 一个快乐童年 |
[26:44] | and when it doesn’t work, he kills them. | 行不通的时候 他就杀了他们 |
[26:46] | It’s him, it fits. | 就是他 很符合 |
[26:48] | It does. | 确实是 |
[26:50] | Unfortunately, the only thing I’m not hearing is evidence. | 不幸的是 我唯一没听到的就是证据 |
[26:53] | All of this is circumstantial. | 这些都只是间接关联 |
[26:56] | Look, all of this will be beat down by any decent ASA. | 随便一个正经助理检察官都能驳倒这些 |
[26:59] | We need more. | 我们需要更多证据 |
[27:13] | All right, let’s just do everything we can in 48. | 好吧 48小时内我们尽一切努力看看 |
[27:17] | Dig into every aspect of his life. | 深挖他生活中的方方面面 |
[27:19] | Do a trash pull. | 翻遍他的垃圾 |
[27:20] | And press the hell out of him. | 把他逼到无路可退 |
[27:22] | Let’s just lie our asses off. Let’s go. | 想怎么撒谎都可以 去吧 |
[27:24] | Wait, Kim. | 等下 金 |
[27:28] | I want you to get Daniel in here. | 我想让你把丹尼尔带来这里 |
[27:29] | It’ll be inadmissible, | 这不会被当作证据采纳 |
[27:30] | but let’s see if this man sparks him, okay? | 但我们看看这个人能不能让他想起什么 |
[27:34] | Yeah, got it. | 收到 |
[27:48] | You understand, Jim? | 你知道吗 吉姆 |
[27:51] | We have you now. | 现在我们抓到你了 |
[27:52] | We own you. | 你跑不了了 |
[27:54] | Hey, look at me when I’m talking to you. | 喂 我跟你说话的时候看着我 |
[27:57] | You are not in control anymore. | 现在不是你说了算 |
[28:01] | Help me help you, man. | 帮我就是帮你自己 伙计 |
[28:04] | Only reason why you’re still sitting here | 你还坐在这里唯一的理由 |
[28:06] | is because we want more. | 就是因为我们需要更多信息 |
[28:07] | We have your file, | 我们拿到了你的档案 |
[28:09] | every detail from DCFS. | 儿童与家庭服务部提供的所有信息 |
[28:12] | I know what your parents did to you, Jim. | 我知道你父母对你的恶行 吉姆 |
[28:15] | The media gets a story like this, they eat it up. | 媒体得到这样的消息就会大肆报道 |
[28:18] | And they eat you alive. | 他们会把你生吞活剥 |
[28:20] | Do you understand me, huh? | 你听得懂我说的吗 |
[28:23] | A young boy just trying to find his parents, a family. | 一个小男孩想要找到他的父母 他的家 |
[28:28] | That’s what connected you to the Graces. | 这是你和格雷斯夫妇案联系起来的原因 |
[28:30] | We’ve got all your construction jobs. | 你干过的工地我们都找到了 |
[28:32] | We found all the homes that you framed. | 你做过木工的所有的房子 我们也找到了 |
[28:34] | You’re gonna be eaten alive in prison. | 你肯定会在牢里被生吞活剥 |
[28:36] | I’m gonna personally make sure of it. | 我会亲自确保这一点 |
[28:37] | You understand me, huh? | 你听得懂我说的吗 |
[28:39] | Because they’re good parents. | 因为他们都是很好的父母 |
[28:42] | Because they love their kids more than anything. | 因为他们爱自己的孩子胜过一切 |
[28:45] | And you wanted that. | 你想得到那种爱 |
[28:49] | I will give you solitary. | 我能让你住单人监狱 |
[28:51] | It’s a one-time offer. | 过了这个村就没这个店了 |
[28:53] | Cooperate, I will make sure you live. | 配合工作 我会确保你能活命 |
[29:00] | What do you want to do, hmm? | 你想怎么办 |
[29:08] | Daniel, do you recognize him? | 丹尼尔 你认得他吗 |
[29:13] | No. | 不 |
[29:15] | No, I don’t remember him. | 不 我不记得他 |
[29:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:24] | All right, let’s go through it one more time. | 好吧 我们再来过一遍 |
[29:26] | All the cash withdrawals on his accounts? | 他所有账户上的取现情况 |
[29:28] | Aren’t illegal. | 没发现不法行为 |
[29:30] | We’ve got him going in and out of a bunch | 我们发现他进出过 |
[29:31] | of different convenience stores, | 几家便利店 |
[29:32] | but it was a long time ago and he paid in cash. | 但那是很久以前的 他用现金付的款 |
[29:34] | – There’s no receipts. – Right, and his trash? | -没有收据 -好吧 他的垃圾呢 |
[29:36] | Not illegal to own cleaning supplies. | 拥有清洁用品不算违法 |
[29:38] | – The burnt pieces? – Not illegal to burn. | -烧掉的碎片呢 -烧的也没发现违法 |
[29:40] | ASA won’t give us a warrant out if we can’t match the fibers. | 纤维不匹配 助理检察官不会给我们搜查令 |
[29:43] | And there’s nothing on the construction jobs. | 工地上也没找到任何证据 |
[29:45] | I mean, it’s framing work, but there’s nothing matching | 是木工活 但是没有什么 |
[29:46] | those jobs to the row homes. | 可以和那些排屋关联上 |
[29:48] | Right. He was just too smart. I mean, he left nothing behind. | 他太狡猾了 什么都没留下 |
[29:50] | Nobody saw anything. And he cleaned. | 什么都没找到 他清理过 |
[29:52] | Well, he wasn’t always so clean. | 他不会总是做得那么干净 |
[29:54] | He got picked up half a dozen times by police for years. | 这些年来他被警察带走过六七次 |
[29:57] | All minor offences. | 都是不严重的罪行 |
[29:58] | I mean, not the work of a criminal genius. | 算不上犯罪天才的手法 |
[30:00] | But then he was placed in protective custody. | 但后来他被保护性监禁 |
[30:03] | And there’s rows and rows of sexual deviants to learn from. | 那里有一大堆性变态做榜样 |
[30:06] | This man learned how to be clean | 这个人从监狱里的专业人士那里 |
[30:07] | in the penitentiary from the pros. | 学会了怎么把手脚擦干净 |
[30:09] | So that’s how he got better, | 他就是这样变得更厉害的 |
[30:11] | because he wasn’t always that way. | 因为他以前不是一直这样 |
[30:13] | Back then, he let Daniel go. | 那时候 他放走了丹尼尔 |
[30:15] | Not the work of a great criminal, right? | 不是犯罪天才的手法 对吧 |
[30:17] | So if we find a mistake, it’s not gonna be now. | 所以如果我们要找出破绽 不能找现在的 |
[30:19] | It’s gonna be then. It’s gonna be with Daniel. | 要找那时候的 要找丹尼尔那次的 |
[30:21] | You really think he’ll remember? | 你真的觉得他会想得起来 |
[30:27] | I think we have to make him remember. | 我觉得我们必须要让他想起来 |
[30:34] | Daniel, if you’re not comfortable doing this, | 丹尼尔 如果这么做你觉得不舒服的话 |
[30:38] | we would understand. | 我们能理解 |
[30:40] | I’m sure there’s a danger here of triggering something. | 我确定会有风险 可能会触发一些东西 |
[30:43] | That’s exactly what you want. | 这是你们想要的 |
[30:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:50] | I want to. | 那我去 |
[30:52] | I want to know. | 我想知道真相 |
[31:30] | That–he read that to us. | 那个 他读那个给我们听 |
[31:32] | You remember that? | 你记得那个吗 |
[31:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:52] | Daniel? | 丹尼尔 |
[31:55] | Do you recognize that place? | 你认得这个地方吗 |
[32:00] | Uh, I think I’ve been there. | 我想我去过那里 |
[32:02] | 钻石鹿旅馆 布雷兹曼路509号 | |
[32:07] | I think that’s where it happened. | 我觉得事情是在这里发生的 |
[32:09] | 钻石鹿旅馆 布雷兹曼路509号 | |
[32:21] | – Any room in particular? – Anything vacant’s fine. | -需要特别的房间吗 -空房就行 |
[32:24] | Room 10, right down here. | 10号 就在这里 |
[32:27] | Boy, you two are sure far from the city. | 老天 你们可真是城里人 |
[32:30] | We certainly are. | 没错 |
[32:37] | We’ll take it from here. Thanks. | 之后我们自己来吧 谢谢 |
[32:40] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[32:43] | – Flowers, birds. – Yeah. | -花和鸟 -对 |
[33:15] | These woods go all the way up to Blow Creek | 这篇森林一直上至布罗溪 |
[33:17] | and down to Route 83. | 下至83号公路 |
[33:20] | Okay, listen up. | 好 听好了 |
[33:23] | Each team moves in a line, shoulders 5 feet apart. | 所有队伍一列行进 每人间隔1.5米 |
[33:27] | Alpha north, Bravo west, Charlie south. | A队往北 B队往西 C队往南 |
[33:31] | We’ve got a lot of ground to cover, | 我们有很多面积要搜 |
[33:33] | so we go slow and steady. | 所以慢慢来 |
[33:35] | If there is anything, it’s been there 30 years, | 就算有什么 也已经埋了三十年 |
[33:37] | and it’s not running away today. | 今天不会逃走 |
[33:40] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[33:40] | If it’s not green and growing out of the ground, | 如果不是绿植 还从地里长了出来 |
[33:42] | it doesn’t belong here. | 那就不属于那里 |
[33:43] | Okay, we’re looking for trace evidence– | 我们要找的证据是 |
[33:45] | bottle cap, rubber band, anything. | 瓶盖 橡皮筋 什么都行 |
[33:47] | If you find anything, flag it and then | 如果你找到了什么 做好标记 |
[33:49] | get an intelligence officer. | 让情报组的警官去看 |
[33:52] | All right, let’s run it. | 好 来吧 |
[34:37] | Is that…? | 那是… |
[35:27] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[35:31] | It’s Daniel. | 是丹尼尔 |
[35:33] | Alpha team, cadaver dogs got a hit, | A队 寻尸犬有发现 |
[35:36] | quarter mile west of Suttonbush Slough. | 在萨顿布什泥沼往西四百米 |
[35:38] | Dogs are alerting. Think we’ve got bodies. | 狗发出警告 我想找到尸体了 |
[35:49] | Mark and Isabella Smith. | 马克和伊莎贝拉·史密斯 |
[35:51] | We found their remains in the woods behind a hotel off 55. | 我们在55号公路旁的旅馆背后树林里找到了尸体 |
[35:54] | But you remember. Your DNA was on them. | 但你记得 你的DNA就在上面 |
[35:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:59] | See, of all the people born in the world so far | 世界上已经出生的所有人 |
[36:01] | and all the people still to come, | 和未来即将诞生的人中 |
[36:03] | that DNA can only be yours, Jim. | 那份DNA只属于你 吉姆 |
[36:07] | We found this at your house. | 我们在你家发现了这个 |
[36:08] | That is a match to the weapon used to kill | 与用来杀害凯茜和赫尔曼·格雷斯的 |
[36:11] | Cathy and Herman Grace. | 凶器一致 |
[36:13] | And these shoes, their DNA was on them too. | 还有鞋子 上面也有DNA |
[36:22] | Anything you want to say before I read you your charges? | 在我念你的指控前 你还有什么想说的吗 |
[36:30] | Are you a good mother? | 你是个好母亲吗 |
[36:42] | I’m charging you with four counts of first-degree murder. | 我现在起诉你四起一级谋杀罪 |
[36:47] | Each one, Jim, each one– | 每一个案子 吉姆 每一个 |
[36:50] | a life for a life. | 一命偿一命 |
[36:58] | You die in prison. | 你要死在监狱 |
[37:04] | We think your family had been on the road for a while. | 我们认为你和父母在路上旅行一阵子了 |
[37:07] | They stopped at a motel for a night for– | 他们在旅馆停留一夜 |
[37:10] | I don’t know, for a movie or a warm shower. | 也许是看个电影 或洗个热水澡 |
[37:14] | That’s where the offender found them, | 罪犯就是在那里盯上了他们 |
[37:16] | and that’s where your parents were killed. | 就是你父母被杀的地方 |
[37:21] | And you found them. | 你找到了他们 |
[37:24] | My parents, they–it wa– | 我父母 他们 |
[37:26] | it was real. | 是真的 |
[37:29] | It was real. | 是真的 |
[37:31] | Both your parents, their names were Mark and Isabella. | 你的父母都是 他们叫马克和伊莎贝拉 |
[37:34] | ID’d them off dental records. | 通过牙医记录确认了身份 |
[37:36] | We also found this. | 我们还找到了这个 |
[37:38] | It’s a camcorder found in your family’s camper. | 在你父母的露营车里找到的录影机 |
[37:45] | All right. | 好了 |
[37:46] | – I want that one. – Wave to Daddy. | -我想要这个 -跟爸爸挥挥手 |
[37:48] | Say hi to the camera. | 向着镜头打招呼 |
[37:49] | I want to let the– | 我想让 |
[37:51] | I want to let the wind blow out the candle. | 我想让风吹灭蜡烛 |
[37:56] | Okay, baby, perfect. | 宝贝 完美 |
[37:59] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[38:06] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[38:25] | Those geese come out the bay! | 鹅从水里出来了 |
[38:27] | They’re friendly! Hey, geese! | 它们很友好 你好大鹅 |
[38:32] | Wave to the camera! | 跟镜头挥手 |
[38:34] | That-a-boy! | 乖儿子 |
[38:37] | Hi, Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[38:38] | Love you, Daniel! | 我爱你 丹尼尔 |
[38:58] | Oh, Makayla. | 玛凯拉 |
[39:01] | Don’t do anything crazy up there. | 别做什么疯狂事 |
[39:02] | Okay! | 好 |
[39:05] | The choice is beer or beer. | 你可以喝啤酒或喝啤酒 |
[39:06] | Ooh, I’ll take beer. | 那我喝啤酒 |
[39:08] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[39:09] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[39:12] | Your dad’s place is a weird spot to want to have a drink. | 在你爸家喝一杯感觉挺奇怪的 |
[39:17] | – He’s still not back? – Ah, no. | -他还没回来吗 -没有 |
[39:20] | No, he’s not coming back. | 他也不准备回来了 |
[39:25] | He called me this morning, and… | 他今早联系了我 |
[39:28] | Apparently, the best way to get out of debt | 看来躲债的最佳办法 |
[39:30] | is to stay in Florida and play the ponies. | 是留在佛罗里达赌马 |
[39:32] | – So that’s perfect. – Perfect. | -完美 -完美 |
[39:38] | I’m gonna buy it. | 我打算买下来 |
[39:41] | I loved this house growing up. | 从小我就喜欢这房子 |
[39:43] | My childhood, I mean, you know– | 我的童年 |
[39:44] | – Yeah. – It wasn’t the best. | -嗯 -最然不是最好的 |
[39:47] | But this house, man– | 但这栋房子 |
[39:49] | this house was. | 这栋房子是 |
[39:52] | Always full of light, | 总是光线充沛 |
[39:54] | big-ass yard. | 超大的院子 |
[39:56] | Best hiding spots in the neighborhood | 在夺旗游戏中是邻里 |
[39:58] | for capture the flag. | 最佳的藏身地 |
[40:01] | A banister, you could climb the banister. | 还有栏杆 你可以爬栏杆 |
[40:03] | It wouldn’t ever fall out. | 也不会掉下来 |
[40:05] | I have the best memories here. | 我在这里有着最美好的回忆 |
[40:10] | So I’m buying the house for Mak, for us, for you. | 所以我要为玛凯 为我们 为你买房子 |
[40:15] | – Adam– – Look, I can keep the undercover apartment. | -亚当 -听着 我可以留着卧底公寓 |
[40:17] | I’m not moving in. | 我不搬进去 |
[40:18] | Wait, you–you can’t buy me a house. | 等等 你不能给我买房子 |
[40:21] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[40:23] | I mean, I get it. | 我明白 |
[40:25] | We’re not perfect right now. I get that. | 我们现在不是最完美 我明白 |
[40:27] | But why not this? | 但为什么不买房子 |
[40:34] | Kim, she might remember. | 金 她可能想起来 |
[40:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:44] | Either way, we can give her | 无论如何 我们可以 |
[40:47] | all the best memories in the world | 给她世界上最美好的回忆 |
[40:51] | to protect her from that. | 保护她不想起那些 |
[40:54] | We can give her that here, together. | 我们可以在这里实现 一起实现 |
[41:03] | Why not? | 有何不可呢 |