英文名称:Up in the Air
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:02] | This is what I get in return for 30 years of service for my company? | 这就是我为公司干了30年得到的? |
[03:07] | And they send some yo-yo like you in here, | 他们派个像你这样的混混 |
[03:10] | to try to tell me that I’m out of a job? | 来告诉我 我已经不适合工作了? |
[03:12] | They should be telling you you’re out of a job. | 他们应该告诉你 你才不适合工作了才对 |
[03:14] | You have a lot of gall, coming in here and firing your No.1 producer. | 你居然有脸 来炒掉最能帮你赚钱的人 |
[03:18] | And then you’re going to go home tomorrow | 然后明天就能带着大笔钞票回家了 |
[03:20] | and make more money than you’ve ever made in your life | 然后明天就能带着大笔钞票回家了 |
[03:22] | and I’m going to go home without a pay cheque. Fuck you. | 而我却要身无分文的回去 我靠 |
[03:24] | I just… I guess you leave me dumbfounded. I don’t know where this is coming from. | 你…. 让我目瞪口呆 不知道从何说起了 |
[03:28] | How am I supposed to go back as a man and explain to my wife that I lost my job? | 做为一个男人 我该怎么向老婆解释 我被炒了? |
[03:33] | On a stress level, I’ve heard that losing your job is like a death in the family. | 从心理压力上来说 我听说丢掉工作 就像死了家人一样 |
[03:39] | But personally, I feel more like | 不过我个人觉得 |
[03:44] | the people I worked with were my family and I died. | 更像我的同事们是家人 而我死了 |
[03:48] | I can’t afford to be unemployed. | 我不能失去这份工作 |
[03:50] | I have a house payment, I have children. | 我要还房贷 还要养孩子 |
[03:53] | I don’t know how you can live with yourself, | 我不知道你过得怎么样 |
[03:56] | but I’m sure that you’ll find a way while the rest of us are suffering. | 但是我肯定 在我们受折磨的时候 你能过得很好 |
[03:59] | Who the fuck are you, man? | 你他妈的是谁? |
[04:03] | Excellent question. Who the fuck am I? | 好问题 我他妈的是谁? |
[04:06] | Poor Steve has worked here for seven years. | 可怜的Steve在这儿工作七年了 |
[04:08] | He’s never had a meeting with me before or passed me in the hall, | 我们从来没一起开过会 或者在走廊里遇见过 |
[04:12] | or told me a story in the break room. | 或者在休息室里聊过天 |
[04:15] | That’s because I don’t work here. | 因为我其实不在这里上班 |
[04:16] | I work for another company that lends me out to pussies like Steve’s boss | 我所在的公司专门帮助那些 像Steve的老板一样的胆小鬼们 |
[04:20] | who don’t have the balls to sack their own employees, | 炒掉自己的员工 |
[04:22] | in some cases for good reason. Because people do crazy shit when they get fired. | 可以帮他们一劳永逸 人们被炒的时候 抓狂是理所当然的 |
[04:32] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗? |
[04:34] | I mean, is there something I could do differently here? | 我是说 我做得比其它人差么? |
[04:36] | This is not an assessment of your productivity. Try not to take this personally. | 这不是针对你的 与你的工作能力无关 |
[04:42] | Don’t take it personally. | 不是针对个人的 |
[04:43] | Steven, I want you to review this packet. | Steven 我想请你看下这份材料 |
[04:46] | Take it seriously. I think you’re gonna find a lot of good answers in here. | 请仔细看看 这里有你想知道的答案 |
[04:50] | I’m sure this is gonna be very helpful. A packet. | 我知道这肯定很有用 有一包呢 |
[04:53] | Thank you… A packet. | 谢谢… 你的一包材料 |
[04:59] | Well, anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat | 那些曾建立帝国 改变世界的伟人们 |
[05:02] | where you are right now. | 也有过你这样的遭遇 |
[05:04] | And it’s because they sat there they were able to do it. | 也正因为他们经历过 他们才能做到 |
[05:08] | That’s the truth. | 真的 |
[05:16] | I’m gonna need your keycard. | 请把你工牌给我 |
[05:20] | Great. OK. | 好极了 |
[05:21] | Now, I want you to take the day, go get together your personal things, then tomorrow | 现在 我希望你好好利用今天 收拾下你的东西 |
[05:27] | you get yourself some exercise. You go out for a jog, | 明天锻炼锻炼 出去跑跑 |
[05:30] | you give yourself some routines and pretty soon you find your legs. | 每天生活得规律点 很快你就能找回自信 |
[05:35] | – How do I get in touch with you? – Don’t worry, we’ll be in touch soon. | – 我怎么联系你? – 别担心 我们会联系你的 |
[05:38] | This is just the beginning. | 这只是个开始 |
[05:42] | I’ll never see Steve again. | 我再也不会见到Steve了 |
[06:03] | To know me is to fly with me. This is where I live. | 想了解我就要和我一起坐飞机 飞机就是我的家 |
[06:10] | When I run my card, | 当我刷卡的时候 |
[06:12] | the system automatically prompts the desk clerk to greet me with this exact statement: | 系统会自动提醒前台小姐向我问好: |
[06:17] | Pleasure to see you again, Mr Bingham. | 很高兴再次见到你 Bingham先生 |
[06:18] | It’s these kinds of systemised friendly touches that keep my world in orbit. | 正是这些系统化的友好问候 使我的生活保持了规律 |
[06:58] | All the things you probably hate about travelling | 你可能会因为这些而讨厌旅行 |
[07:00] | the recycled air, the artificial lighting, the digital juice dispensers, | 循环空气 人工照明 全自动果汁机 |
[07:04] | the cheap sushi… are warm reminders that I’m home. | 廉价寿司… 正是它们提醒了我 这才是家 |
[07:22] | Do you want the cancer? | 你想要cancer(癌症)么? |
[07:26] | – The what? – Do you want the cancer? | – 什么? – 你想要cancer(癌症)么? |
[07:29] | The cancer? | 癌症? |
[07:31] | – The can… sir? – Oh, no. I’m fine, thank you. | – 这瓶饮料… 先生? – 哦 不用了 谢谢 |
[07:58] | How much does your life weigh? | 你的生活有多重? |
[08:02] | Imagine for a second that you’re carrying a backpack. | 想象下你正背着一个包 |
[08:05] | I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders. Feel ’em? | 我要你们想象一下 背带勒在肩膀上 感觉到了么? |
[08:10] | Now I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life. | 现在我想让你们 把生活中所有的东西都塞到包里 |
[08:14] | Start with the little things, | 从小件开始 |
[08:16] | the things on shelves and in drawers the knick-knacks, the collectibles. | 比如书架里抽屉里的小玩意收藏品 |
[08:20] | Feel the weight as that adds up. | 感觉背包不断变重 |
[08:23] | Then you start adding larger stuff… clothes, table-top appliances, lamps, linens… | 然后开始收拾大件的… 衣服 桌上电器 台灯 毛巾… |
[08:29] | your TV… | 电视… |
[08:31] | The backpack should be getting pretty heavy now. And you go bigger. | 背包现在已经相当重了 接着收拾更大的 |
[08:35] | Your couch, bed, your kitchen table. Stuff it all in there. | 沙发 床 餐桌 全都放进去 |
[08:39] | Your car, get it in there. | 车也放进去 |
[08:41] | Your home, whether it’s a studio apartment or a two-bedroomed house. | 你的房子 不管是间单人公寓 还是套两居室 |
[08:46] | I want you to stuff it all into that backpack. | 我想让你们全都塞进背包里 |
[08:51] | Now try to walk. | 现在试着走两步 |
[08:55] | It’s kind of hard, isn’t it? | 很困难 是吧? |
[08:58] | This is what we do to ourselves on a daily basis. | 这就是我们每天做的事情 |
[09:00] | We weigh ourselves down until we can’t even move. And make no mistake… | 我们不断给自己增重 直到寸步难行 而且不能犯错… |
[09:05] | moving is living. | 移动就是生命 |
[09:07] | Now, I’m gonna set that backpack on fire. What do you want to take out of it? | 现在 我要把这背包烧了 你们想从里面拿出来什么? |
[09:11] | Photos? | 照片? |
[09:13] | Photos are for people who can’t remember. Drink some ginkgo and let the photos burn. | 照片是给没记性的人准备的 喝点银杏饮料 烧了照片吧 |
[09:18] | In fact, let everything burn and imagine waking up tomorrow with nothing. | 事实上 烧掉所有东西 想象着明天醒来什么都不必担负 |
[09:25] | It’s kind of exhilarating, isn’t it? | 很令人兴奋 对吗? |
[09:35] | Welcome back, Mr Bingham. | 欢迎回来 Bingham先生 |
[09:46] | Ryan Bingham’s office. | Ryan Bingham工作室 |
[09:48] | You have me in a Dodge Stratus in Kansas City. | 你让我在堪萨斯坐道奇Stratus(一种轿车)啊 |
[09:50] | – They were out of all full-size sedans. – Did you try… | – 那里没有全尺寸轿车了 – 你试过… |
[09:53] | Yes, I reminded them of your remarkable No.1 Gold Club status in years in the program. | 是的 我提醒过他们 你是一号黄金俱乐部的资深会员 |
[09:57] | They are literally moving mountains to see you in a Sebring. | 他们正竭尽全力 要给你找辆铂锐(一种轿车)呢 |
[10:01] | – Fair enough. Any other messages? – Er… your sister Kara called. | – 可以了 还有其它消息么? – 呃… 你妹妹Kara找你 |
[10:04] | Needs to speak urgently about your sister’s wedding. | 迫切想要和你谈谈她的婚礼 |
[10:06] | I told her you were mid-air, and not even I knew your destination. | 我告诉她你正在航班上 我也不清楚是飞去哪里的 |
[10:10] | – Well done. – You got an invitation to speak at GoalQuest in Vegas. | – 干得不错 – 你被邀请 去维加斯的GoalQuest上演说 |
[10:16] | GoalQuest 20? GoalQuest 20? | |
[10:17] | Every once in a while, I do speaking engagements, motivational stuff. But GoalQuest? | 我时不时的被邀请进行一些激励演说 不过GoalQuest? |
[10:22] | We’re talking major Tony Robbins shit. | 那可是最大腕的演讲会啊 |
[10:24] | It’s got a hologram on it. They’re calling it Dos Equis. | 请帖上有个全息照防伪标志 叫做Dos Equis |
[10:29] | – All right, I’ll check in. – I’ve got Craig Gregory for you. | – 好的 我会去的 – Craig Gregory找你 |
[10:31] | Wait… ah. Fuck. | 等等… 啊 我靠 |
[10:35] | How is my little road warrior? | 我的小游侠怎么样了啊? |
[10:37] | Hey, 20 minutes from boarding into a world of bliss. | 嘿 20分钟以后登机上天 |
[10:40] | Real good numbers out of Phoenix, Ry guy. | 在菲尼克斯做的不错啊 伙计 |
[10:42] | You know that Big Auto is about to cut another 10K by the end of the month? | 你知道Big Auto月底又要裁1万人了吗? |
[10:46] | – No kidding. – Christmas came early. | – 不会是真的吧 – 圣诞节快到了 |
[10:48] | I wish you could be in five places | 我希望你能分身五处 |
[10:49] | but I do need you here in Omaha this week. Alright? | 不过这周我需要你待在奥马哈 没问题吧? |
[10:52] | I thought you needed me everywhere. | 我看你是想我分身无数个吧 |
[10:53] | We got something real big, a real game changer. | 我们有个大计划 准备大换样了 |
[10:56] | What are we talking about here? | 你在说什么呢? |
[10:58] | You’ll see. Today I took my first crap in two weeks. Hallelujah. | 等着瞧吧 两个星期了 我终于拉了一泡屎 哈利路亚 |
[11:04] | – That’s me hanging up on you. – Great, love that sound. | – 我要挂电话了 – 最爱听挂电话的声音了 |
[11:26] | Are you satisfied with Maestro? | 对Maestro(美国汽车租赁公司)满意么? |
[11:32] | Yeah, I am. | 是的 |
[11:34] | A little stingy with their miles. I like Hertz. | 它们的里程算得很严啊 我喜欢Hertz(美国汽车租赁巨头) |
[11:36] | No, Hertz keeps its vehicles too long. | 不 Hertz的车太旧了 |
[11:39] | If a car has over 20,000 miles, I won’t drive it. | 我从不开超过20000英里的车 |
[11:42] | Maestro doesn’t instant checkout. I like the park-and-go. | Maestro不能即时结账 我喜欢即停即走 |
[11:45] | Hertz doesn’t guarantee navigation. | Hertz不提供导航 |
[11:48] | You don’t seem like a girl who needs directions. | 你可不像需要导航的女士 |
[11:50] | I hate asking for directions. That’s why I get a nav. | 我讨厌问路 所以我选择导航服务 |
[11:56] | That new outfit, Colonial, isn’t bad. | 新公司 Colonial 还不错 |
[12:01] | – Is that a joke? – Yes. | – 你开玩笑的吧? – 是的 |
[12:03] | – Their kiosk placement blows. – They never have available upgrades. | – 他们的车亭很烂 – 也从不提供升级服务 |
[12:06] | Basically, it’s a fleet of shit boxes. I don’t know how they’re still in business. | 他们的车就像一队破盒子 我真不明白为什么它们还能营运 |
[12:10] | – I’m Ryan. – I’m Alex. | – 我是Ryan – 我叫Alex |
[12:17] | Aww… Maplewood card. How dare you bring that into this palace? | 呃… Maplewood酒店的卡 你怎么能把这种卡 带到这来? |
[12:22] | Hilton offers equal value and better food | 希尔顿的价格一样 但食物更好 |
[12:24] | but the Maplewood gives out warm cookies at check-in. | 不过Maplewood在入住的时候 会送贴心的甜点 |
[12:26] | I’m a sucker for simulated hospitality. | 我被假装的好客迷住了 |
[12:29] | There’s an industry term for that. It’s a mixture of faux and homey… faumey. | 其实这有个专业术语 是faux和homey结合起来的 叫faumey |
[12:36] | Oh, my God. I wasn’t sure this actually existed. | 哦 天呐 我都不知道这卡确实有人有 |
[12:40] | – This is the American Airlines… – It’s a Concierge Key, yeah. | – 这是美国航空公司的… – 对 这是贵宾卡 |
[12:48] | – What is that, carbon fibre? – Graphite. | – 这是拿碳纤维做的? – 石墨的 |
[12:51] | – Oh, I love the weight. – I was pretty excited the day that bad boy came in. | – 哦 我喜欢这质感 – 拿到卡的时候我非常激动 |
[12:55] | I’ll say. I put up pretty pedestrian numbers. 60 thousand a year, domestic. | 确实 我的里程数也积攒了不少了 每年6万 国内的 |
[13:02] | – That’s not bad. – Don’t patronise me. | – 一般般吧 – 别忽悠我了 |
[13:04] | – What’s your total? – It’s a personal question. | – 你积了多少了? – 这是隐私 |
[13:06] | – Please. – And we hardly know each other. | – 得了吧 – 而且我们还不熟 |
[13:08] | Show some hubris. Come on, impress me. | 说出来听听 快 吓吓我 |
[13:13] | – I bet it’s huge. – You have no idea. | – 我猜肯定是个天文数字 – 你想象不到的 |
[13:15] | How big? | 多大? |
[13:18] | – What is it, this big? This big? – I don’t want to brag. | – 到底多大 这么大? 还是这么大? – 我不想炫耀 |
[13:22] | Oh, come on! Come on. | 噢 快啊! 说出来听听 |
[13:24] | Let’s just say I have a number in mind. I haven’t hit it yet. | 我心里有个目标 现在还没达到 |
[13:31] | – This is pretty fucking sexy. – Hope it doesn’t cheapen our relationship. | – 这卡真性感 – 希望它不会让我们的关系变低俗了 |
[13:36] | We’re two people who get turned on by Elite Status. | 我们俩也算是成功人士了 |
[13:38] | I think cheap is our starting point. | 我想低俗是我们的共同起点 |
[13:40] | There’s nothing cheap about loyalty. | 忠诚可没有低俗的 |
[13:46] | So, we came up with this master plan, which was for me… | 我们想出了这个计划 给我… |
[13:51] | to put gauze, to put bandages on both my hands. | 两手缠满绷带和纱布 |
[13:56] | Then we got on the plane, transatlantic, flying to erm… Zurich. | 然后我们登机 横渡大西洋 飞到了 呃… 苏黎世 |
[14:02] | I waited till it was dark, and I walked up to the bathroom with her. | 我一直等到天黑 然后我和她去到洗手间 |
[14:06] | Everybody was watching the movie and I was like… | 大家都在看电影 而我就像僵尸一样… |
[14:09] | Opened up, went inside. She opened the door for me | 打开门进去 她帮我开的门 |
[14:13] | and came in like she was gonna help me. | 然后做出要帮我的样子走进来 |
[14:15] | We gave it our best shot. It wasn’t great. But it was fun. It was tricky. | 我们觉得那样酷极了 不是很棒 不过很有趣 很狡猾 |
[14:19] | – Give me some details. – It’s not so easy. Have you tried it? | – 再说说细节 – 不好形容的 你以前试过嘛? |
[14:22] | – It’s not so easy. – Yes, I have. | – 不好说的 – 当然 我试过 |
[14:26] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的? – 当然 |
[14:33] | – You’ve done that? – I have done that. | – 你成功了? – 是的 |
[14:36] | – On a transatlantic flight? – On a domestic flight… regional, actually. | – 在跨洋航班上? – 国内航班… 其实是地方航班 |
[14:40] | – At night-time? – Daytime. | – 晚上? – 白天 |
[14:44] | – What? – How do you do that? | – 怎么了? – 你们怎么做的? |
[14:46] | Oh, I’m really flexible. | 我很灵巧的 |
[14:52] | Look. Ohh. | 瞧着 哦 |
[14:59] | Ah, I should throw these out. | 啊 我应该扔了它们 |
[15:06] | We can always use that room with the ice machine. | 我们可以用那间有制冰机的 |
[15:08] | Look. | 你瞧 |
[15:26] | Good call on that towel rack. | 毛巾架上叫得真激情啊 |
[15:28] | I like how you burritoed me in the sofa cushions. | 我喜欢你在沙发上跟我翻云覆雨 |
[15:30] | I was improvising. | 那是即兴的 |
[15:32] | Shame we didn’t make it to the closet. | 真遗憾我们没在壁橱里做 |
[15:36] | – We got to do this again. – Oh, yeah. | – 那我们得再来一次 – 哦 对 |
[15:44] | I’m in Newark on the 12th, Modesto on the 13th… | 我第12周在纽瓦克 13周在莫德斯托… |
[15:48] | Oklahoma City on the 15th… | 第15周在俄克拉荷马… |
[15:51] | Any Southwest? I’ll be swinging by Albuquerque week of the 16th. | 哪天在西南区? 我第16周会到阿尔伯克基 |
[15:54] | No, I’m in Florida on the 20th. – Fort Lauderdale? | 没有 第20周我会在佛罗里达 – 罗德岱堡 ? |
[15:57] | – Miami. 40 minutes. – That’s nothing. | – 迈阿密 40分钟车程呢 – 没什么区别 |
[16:11] | I should probably go back to my room so I can wake up in my bed. | 我想我该回我房间了 这样就能在自己的床上醒来 |
[16:14] | I think that would be the ladylike thing to do. | 这才像淑女应该做的事情 |
[16:25] | – Nice meeting you. – A pleasure. | – 很高兴遇见你 – 我也是 |
[17:03] | Hello? | 你好? |
[17:04] | Hey, Ryan, how you holding up? | 嘿 Ryan 最近怎么样? |
[17:06] | Every family has one person who keeps the genealogy in check. | 每个家庭都有一个成员经常保持联系 |
[17:09] | That’s my sister Kara… the glue. | 我妹妹Kara就是… 像万能胶一样 |
[17:12] | Fine. You and the kids? | 我很好 你和孩子怎么样? |
[17:15] | Missy’s outstanding, Matthew made varsity. How’s the road? | 小姑娘棒极了 Matthew进了校运动队 旅途顺利吗? |
[17:18] | Couldn’t be better. | 好极了 |
[17:20] | Good. So, Ryan? | 很好 那么 Ryan? |
[17:22] | Yeah? | 嗯? |
[17:23] | I didn’t even want to ask you this | 其实我不想问你 |
[17:25] | because I know how you are about doing things for others. | 我知道你对于帮别人忙的态度 |
[17:28] | But we’re coming up on three weeks to go to Julie’s wedding | 可是3个星期后就是Juli的婚礼了 |
[17:31] | and something we could really use your help on it. | 我们需要你的帮忙 |
[17:32] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[17:34] | We’ve been sending people these kits, | 我们寄给人们一些小东西 |
[17:36] | so they can print out photos of Julie and Jim on cardboard, | 这样就可以把Julie和Jim的相片打在纸板上 |
[17:38] | and then take photos of them in interesting places | 然后就可以在有趣的地方照相 |
[17:41] | kinda like that gnome in the French movie. | 比如法国电影里的地精 |
[17:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[17:44] | Because it’s Julie’s wedding and she thinks it would be fun. Does it matter why? | 因为这是Julie的婚礼 她觉得这很有趣 需要原因吗? |
[17:48] | How is Julie? | Julie怎么样了? |
[17:49] | Would you call her. She thinks you’ve turned to butter. | 你不能打个电话给她么 她觉得你像溜走了似的 |
[17:51] | – You’re awfully isolated the way you live. – Isolated? I’m surrounded. | – 你简直就是孤僻透顶 – 孤僻? 完全不 |
[17:55] | So your assistant said you were gonna be in Vegas. | 你的助手说你要去维加斯 |
[17:58] | Did he? | 他这么说过? |
[17:59] | Can you get a photo of the cut-out in front of the Luxor pyramid? | 你能在卢克索酒店前照张相么? |
[18:03] | The place is a shithole. Nobody stays there. | 那地方就像粪坑一样 没人会住那 |
[18:06] | Jesus, Ryan, I’m not asking you to check in. Can you just take a stupid photo? | 天呐 Ryan 我不是让你住在那里 你不能只拍一张照片么? |
[18:11] | I’ll try my best. | 我会尽力的 |
[18:13] | Thank you for trying your best. | 谢谢你的努力 |
[18:34] | Last year, I spent 322 days on the road, | 去年 我有322天在旅途中 |
[18:38] | which means I had to spend 43 miserable days at home. | 也就是说我要在家待痛苦的43天 |
[19:06] | Hey, neighbour. | 嘿 邻居 |
[19:07] | Hey, hi. | 嘿 你好 |
[19:11] | – I signed for this while you were gone. – Oh, thanks. | – 这个是你出差时候我签收的 – 哦 谢谢 |
[19:15] | – I hope it wasn’t too much of a bother. – Nah. | – 希望没有麻烦到你 – 没有 |
[19:24] | It’s my sister. I haven’t met the guy yet. They’re getting married. | 这是我妹妹 我还没见过她未婚夫 他们要结婚了 |
[19:28] | – Lots of luck. – I know, right? | – 不错啊 – 是吗? |
[19:30] | What are you doing tonight? You wanna come over later? | 你今晚有空吗? 一会过来聊聊? |
[19:36] | Um… I’ve started seeing somebody. | 呃… 我最近开始谈恋爱了 |
[19:39] | Oh. OK. Great. | 哦 好啊 太棒了 |
[19:43] | Hey, it’s good to see you. | 嘿 见到你很高兴 |
[19:45] | – You too. – It seems like it’s been a while this time. | – 我也是 – 这次好久没来见你了啊 |
[20:04] | Ok. | 好的 |
[20:07] | I’m thrilled that everyone’s back under one roof. Welcome home, boy’s. | 大家又聚到一起了 我很激动 兄弟们 欢迎回家 |
[20:11] | There’s been a lot of whispering about why we’re here, so let me jump right in. | 关于为什么我们会在这里 有很多谣言 所以我开门见山吧 |
[20:14] | Retailers are down 20%. | 零售业下降了20% |
[20:17] | Auto industry is in the dump. Housing market doesn’t have a heartbeat. | 汽车业也不景气 房地产已经完了 |
[20:22] | It is one of the worst times on record for America. | 这是美国有史以来最糟糕的经济危机之一 |
[20:26] | This is our moment. | 这是我们的机遇 |
[20:31] | Now, last summer, we received a dynamite young woman here from Cornell. | 去年夏天 我们这儿来了一位康奈尔大学毕业的女孩 活力四射 |
[20:35] | And she had some pretty big ideas that she challenged me with. | 她向我提出了一些很有创意的想法 |
[20:39] | My first reaction was, “Who does this kid think she is?” | 我的第一反应是 “她以为她是谁?” |
[20:41] | But after I gave it a listen, she really knocked me out. So… | 后来我仔细听了听 她确实震撼到我了 所以… |
[20:44] | With a peek into our future, Natalie Keener. | 有请我们未来的希望 Natalie Keener |
[20:51] | If there’s one word I want to leave you with today, it’s this. | 今天我想对大家说的 只有这一个词 |
[20:57] | Glocal? Glocal? | |
[21:00] | Glocal Glocal. | |
[21:01] | Our global must become local. | 我们的全球化必须本地化 |
[21:06] | This company keeps 23 people on the road at least 250 days a year. | 我们公司有23个人 一年出差250天以上 |
[21:11] | It’s expensive and it’s inefficient. | 这是昂贵且低效的 |
[21:14] | When I came to Craig three months ago with this, | 当我三个月前 带着此建议找Craig的时候 |
[21:17] | he told me, and quite astutely, it’s only a problem if you have a solution. | 他很狡猾的回答我 只有你能解决它的时候 这才是个问题 |
[21:22] | Well, today I stand before you with just that. | 现在 我带着解决方法站在你们面前 |
[21:27] | You all know Ned in reception. Today I’m gonna fire Ned. | 你们都认识接待处的Ned 今天我要来炒掉他 |
[21:31] | Sorry, Ned. I’m sure HR will hire you back this afternoon. | 抱歉 Ned 我肯定今天下午 人事部会重新雇请你 |
[21:35] | We’ll see about that. | 这可未必 |
[21:37] | Ned could be any employee in any one of our clients’ locations worldwide. | Ned可以是我们任何地方的客户 想要解雇的任何一人 |
[21:42] | Strategy packets will be shipped in advance. | 策略规划会提前送达 |
[21:44] | Ned will be given a seat and find one of our transition specialists waiting. | Ned一坐下就会看到 我们一个过渡专家正在等他 |
[21:49] | Mr Laskin, | Laskin先生 |
[21:50] | we’re having this conversation as your position is no longer available. | 今天我们进行对话 是因为你的职位已经不再需要了 |
[21:54] | I don’t understand. I’m fired? | 我不明白 我被炒了? |
[21:56] | Hearing the words”You’ve been let go” is never easy. | 听到”你已经被赶走了”这句话确实不好受 |
[21:59] | Change is scary, but consider the following: | 改变让人恐惧 但是要考虑一下: |
[22:01] | anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are now. | 那些曾建立帝国 改变世界的伟人们 也有过你这样的遭遇 |
[22:05] | And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it. | 也正因为他们经历过 他们才能做到 |
[22:09] | That’s my fucking line. | 那他妈是我的台词 |
[22:10] | But what happens now? | 但现在是怎么回事? |
[22:12] | This is the first step of a process that ends with you in a new job that fulfils you. | 你要做的第一步就是 找到适合你的新工作 |
[22:16] | Yeah, but how does it work? | 是 但怎样才能做到? |
[22:17] | Way to take the packet in front of you. | 打开你面前的文件包 |
[22:19] | Review it… all the answers you’re looking for are inside. | 仔细看看… 你要的答案都在里面 |
[22:23] | Start to fill out the necessary information and before you know it | 填上必要的信息 |
[22:25] | you’re on the way to new opportunities. | 你就踏上寻找新机遇的路了 |
[22:27] | Ned, go back to your desk and start putting together your things. | Ned 回到你的办公桌 开始收拾你的东西 |
[22:31] | As a favour to me, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t spread the news just yet. | 就当是帮我 我希望你现在别把这事传出去 |
[22:35] | Panic doesn’t help anyone. | 恐慌帮不了任何人 |
[22:37] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[22:40] | Give it up for Ned. | 为Ned鼓掌 |
[22:46] | You can start the morning in Boston, stop in Dallas over lunch, | 你可以一早从波士顿开始 午后去达拉斯 |
[22:50] | and finish the day in San Francisco. All for the price of a T1 line. | 在旧金山结束一天的工作 只需要支付T1网络的费用 |
[22:54] | Our inflated travel budget is eviscerated by 85%. | 我们的出差预算减少了85% |
[22:57] | And more importantly, to you guys on the road, | 更重要的是 对奔波在外的你们来说 |
[23:01] | no more Christmases in a hotel in Tulsa, no more hours lost to weather delays. | 再也不用在塔尔萨的宾馆里过圣诞 再也不会因为天气耽误时间 |
[23:06] | You get to come home. | 你们可以回家了 |
[23:11] | Tell me you’re not taking this seriously. | 告诉我你不是动真格的 |
[23:13] | That’s why I brought the entire company in from the road, | 我把全公司的人从路上拉回公司 |
[23:16] | because we’re taking it seriously. | 就是因为要动真格的 |
[23:17] | There is a methodology to what I do, there is a reason why it works. | 我做的工作有一套方法论 有它行之有效的原因 |
[23:20] | Coke and IBM have been doing this for years, alright? You’re familiar with them? | 可口可乐和IBM这么做很多年了 好吗? 对它们不陌生吧? |
[23:24] | Like anything else, it’ll take a few months of transition | 新东西都这样 需要几个月的过渡期 |
[23:27] | and everybody will settle in. | 大家都会适应的 |
[23:29] | – Who are you taking off the road? – How are you not getting this? | – 你要把谁从路上拉回来? – 你怎么还不明白? |
[23:32] | You are grouned. Everybody’s grounded. It’s done. | 你不用到处跑了 所有人都不用到处跑了 就这么定了 |
[23:35] | What we do here is brutal and it does leave people devastated. | 我们这样做太残酷了 会让离职的人们身心交瘁 |
[23:39] | But there is a dignity to the way I do it. | 而我的方式却能给他们尊重 |
[23:41] | By stabbing them in the chest instead of the back, right? | 不从背部 改从他们胸部捅一刀 是吗? |
[23:44] | – You wanted to see me? – Well, uhm… | – 你要见我? – 呃… |
[23:47] | – You know what? Yeah, come on in. Come on in. – Great job. | – 你知道吗? 对 进来 进来 – 干得漂亮 |
[23:50] | – Thank you. How’s everyone taking it? – Great. | – 谢谢 大家怎么看? – 非常好 |
[23:54] | Listen, I admire your… your zeal. And I think you have some very good ideas. | 听着 我很欣赏你的… 热情 我认为你有些很不错的想法 |
[23:59] | But you know nothing about the realities of my industry. | 但你对我们行业的现实一无所知 |
[24:03] | You can set up an iChat, but you don’t know how people think. | 你可以建立聊天界面 但你不知道人们是怎么想的 |
[24:07] | – Actually I minored in psychology. – Nice. | – 我辅修了心理学 – 很好 |
[24:12] | – OK, kiddo, fire me. – Ryan… | – 好吧 孩子 解雇我 – Ryan… |
[24:14] | If she’s gonna do this regularly, don’t you wanna know if she can fire somebody? | 如果她要经常这么做 你难道不想知道她到底能不能胜任? |
[24:17] | – She’s fired Ned. – My dog can fire Ned. Fire me. | – 她已经解雇了Ned – 我的狗都能解雇Ned 解雇我 |
[24:20] | – You don’t need to do this. – No, it’s OK. I got this. | – 你不必这么做 – 不 没关系 我做 |
[24:24] | Mr Bingham, | Bingham先生 |
[24:26] | I regret to inform you that your position at this company is no longer available. | 很遗憾通知你 你的职位已经不需要人手了 |
[24:31] | Hm. Who the hell are you? | 哼 你他妈是谁? |
[24:32] | My name is Miss Keener. I’m here today to discuss your future. | 我是Keener 我今天来这儿是要讨论你的将来 |
[24:34] | My future? The only one who can fire me is Craig Gregory. | 我的将来? 唯一能解雇我的是Craig Gregory |
[24:37] | – Mr Craig Gregory hired me to handle this for him. – Handle what? Handle me? | – Craig Gregory雇我来处理这些事 – 处理什么? 解雇我? |
[24:40] | Mr. Gregory hired me, he’s the only one who can fire me. | Gregory先生雇用了我 他是唯一能解雇我的人 |
[24:43] | – You know what? I’m gonna go talk to him. – Mr Bingham… | – 知道吗? 我要和他谈 – Bingham先生… |
[24:46] | No, no. You can’t follow me. You’re on a computer screen, remember? | 不 不 你不能跟着我 你只是在电脑屏幕上 记得吧? |
[24:49] | – Ryan… – Let’s try this again. Fire me again. | – Ryan… – 咱们再试试 再来解雇我 |
[24:52] | – I just did. – Actually, you didn’t. Fire me. | – 我已经解雇你了 – 事实上 你没做到 解雇我 |
[24:54] | That’s enough. I think we get it. | 够了 我们明白了 |
[24:55] | – Yeah? – Mr Bingham, I’m here to inform you your position is no longer available. | – 是吗? – Bingham先生 我来是通知你 你的职位已经不需要人手了 |
[25:00] | – I’m fired? – Yes, you’re fired. | – 我被炒鱿鱼了? – 是的 你被炒鱿鱼了 |
[25:02] | – Never say fired. – You’ve been let go. | – 永远别说炒鱿鱼 – 你可以走了 |
[25:04] | Why? | 为什么? |
[25:06] | This is a mythical situation. How could I possibly know why? | 这是个虚拟场景 我怎么可能知道为什么? |
[25:08] | Why doesn’t matter, you never know why. | 为什么不重要 你永远不会知道为什么 |
[25:11] | Don’t focus on the why. Rather, spend your energy thinking about your future. | 别老想着为什么 不如 把精力花在规划未来上 |
[25:14] | Well, I’m gonna spend my energy on suing you | 呃 我要花精力起诉你 |
[25:17] | unless you give me a good reason why you’re firing me. | 除非你给我一个解雇我的合理解释 |
[25:19] | Mr. Bingham, the reason’s not important. | Bingham先生 原因并不重要 |
[25:21] | You’re firing me without grounds? Now I really have a lawsuit. | 你毫无缘由的解雇我? 现在我真要起诉了 |
[25:23] | – I get what you’re trying to say, Ryan. – Don’t take this personally, Mr. Bingham. | – 我知道你想说什么了 Ryan – 这不是针对你个人的 Bingham先生 |
[25:27] | Personally? | 个人? |
[25:28] | This is the most personal situation you are ever gonna enter, | 这是你将要遇到的最个人的状况 |
[25:31] | so before you try to revolutionise my business, | 所以在你想改革我的工作之前 |
[25:34] | I’d like to know that you actually know my business. | 我要知道 你确实了解我的工作 |
[25:47] | That’s a hell of a way to welcome her to the team. | 这样欢迎她进组真糟糕 |
[25:51] | Am I the only one that sees that by doing this we’re making ourselves irrelevant? | 难道就我一人眼睁睁看着 这样做让我们把自己变得不相干了? |
[25:55] | No, frankly, we’re making you irrelevant. | 不 老实说 我们把你变得不相干了 |
[25:57] | – Nice. – Don’t blame me. | – 真好 – 别怪我 |
[25:59] | Blame high fuel costs, blame insurance premiums, blame technology. | 要怪就怪贵死的燃料 怪保险费 怪新科技 |
[26:02] | You’re gonna watch yourself. You’re a little too young to become a dinosaur. | 你要注意 要变成老古董 你还太年轻 |
[26:06] | – I’m not a dinosaur. – I want you to show her the ropes. | – 我不是老古董 – 我想让你教教她 |
[26:09] | What do I know what goes on here? Get Ferguson to do it. | 我哪知道要怎么做? 让Ferguson去做吧 |
[26:13] | I’m not talking about here. | 我不是在这讨论 |
[26:18] | – No. – Yeah. | – 不 – 是的 |
[26:19] | You’re very confident this girl doesn’t know what she’s doing. So… | 你坚信那女孩不知道她自己在做什么 所以… |
[26:22] | I’m sorry. I don’t think a MySpace page qualifies you to rewire a company. | 很抱歉 我不觉得一个聚友的网页就能让你把整个公司联系起来 |
[26:26] | That’s been great. Here’s your chance. | 那好 你的机会来了 |
[26:28] | Go out, show her the magic, take her through the paces. | 出去 给她露两手 教教她做这行 |
[26:30] | I’m not a fucking tour guide. | 我又不是他妈的导游 |
[26:34] | – Now here we go. – Bingham, here’s the boat, | – 你又来了 – Bingham 这是船 |
[26:39] | and here’s you. Do you want to be in the boat? | 这是你 你想上船吗? |
[26:42] | Yeah, alone. | 想 独自一人 |
[26:47] | We’re ringing the bell, we’re rounding everybody up. | 我们要开始革新了 要把大家都聚起来 |
[26:48] | You want to stay out a bit longer, you’re welcome, but you will not be alone. Ok? | 你想在外面待久一点 没问题 但你不能一个人 好吗? |
[26:52] | You let me know. | 想清楚 再跟我说 |
[27:10] | Oh, Christ. | 噢 上帝 |
[28:03] | – What? – Follow me. | – 怎么了? – 跟我来 |
[28:09] | – I really like my luggage. – That’s exactly what it is… luggage. | – 我很喜欢我的行李箱 – 对极了 这就是… 行李箱 |
[28:12] | Know how much time you lose checking in? | 知道这样登机要浪费多长时间吗? |
[28:14] | – I don’t know. Five… ten minutes? – 35 minutes a flight. | – 不知道 五… 十分钟? – 一个航班耽误35分钟 |
[28:19] | I travel 270 days a year. That’s 157 hours. | 我一年出差270天 那就有157个小时 |
[28:23] | That makes seven days. Are you willing to throw away an entire week on that? | 相当于七天 你想把一整个星期浪费在这上面? |
[28:36] | You don’t need this. Sorry, you don’t need that. | 你不需要这个 抱歉 你不需要那个 |
[28:40] | You don’t need that. They have neck pillows on the plane. | 你不需要那个 飞机上有枕头 |
[28:42] | This… they have better ones there. I’ll get rid of this. | 这个… 他们那的更好 我要把这个扔了 |
[28:49] | I can just meet you at security. | 我们可以在安检那儿见 |
[28:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:56] | Bingo. Asians. | 好的 亚洲人 |
[28:59] | – You can’t be serious. – Never get behind people with infants. | – 你不是认真的吧 – 永远别排在带小孩的大人后面 |
[29:03] | I’ve never seen a stroller collapse in less than 20 minutes. | 我从没见过有哪个推婴儿车的 能在20分钟内搞定 |
[29:05] | Old people are worse. Their bodies are littered with hidden metal | 老人更糟 他们身上到处藏着金属制品 |
[29:08] | and they never appreciate how little time they have left on earth. | 时日无多 他们却从不珍惜 |
[29:11] | Here we go. Five words: randomly selected for additional screening. | 看他们 五字真言: 特检几率小 |
[29:16] | Asians, they pack light, travel efficiently, | 亚洲人 他们行李轻便 有效率 |
[29:18] | and they’ve got a thing for slip-on shoes. Got a little. | 而且他们穿容易脱的鞋 少花时间 |
[29:22] | – That’s racist. – I’m like my mother, I stereotype. It’s faster. | – 这是种族歧视 – 我像我妈 看人有偏见 但我更快 |
[29:55] | Are you mad at your computer? | 你跟你的电脑有仇吗? |
[29:58] | I type with purpose. | 我正在做东西 |
[30:02] | What is it that you’re working on so furiously? | 你这么猛烈地在做什么? |
[30:05] | I’m building a workflow of firing techniques. | 我在建立解雇技术的工作流程 |
[30:08] | It’s questions and responses, actions and reactions. | 就是问题与应答 行为与反应 |
[30:12] | A script taking you through the steps of firing someone. | 这个脚本给你提供裁员步骤 |
[30:14] | Who’s it for? | 为谁设计的? |
[30:16] | Well, theoretically, | 呃 理论上讲 |
[30:18] | you could put it in the hands of anyone and they’d be downsizing immediately. | 放之四海而皆准 可用于迅速裁员 |
[30:21] | All you have to do is follow the steps. | 你只要按步骤来就行了 |
[30:25] | Natalie, what is it you think we do here? | Natalie 你觉得我们是干什么的? |
[30:28] | We prepare the newly-unemployed for the emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting, | 我们为刚被解雇的员工 处理再次求职遇到的身体及心理问题 |
[30:31] | while minimising legal blowback. | 同时尽可能减少法律诉讼 |
[30:33] | That’s what we’re selling. It’s not what we’re doing. | 那是我们对外说的 并非我们所做的 |
[30:35] | – OK, what are we doing? – We are here to make limbo tolerable, | – 好吧 那我们是干什么的? – 我们让地狱不那么可怕 |
[30:40] | to ferry wounded souls across the river of dread | 我们用渡船帮助受伤的魂灵渡过恐惧之河 |
[30:44] | until the point where hope is dimly visible. | 直到希望之光隐约可见 |
[30:50] | Then stop the boat, shove ’em in the water and make ’em swim. | 然后停下船 推他们下水 让他们游泳 |
[30:54] | That’s really impressive. Are you gonna put that in your book? | 真精彩 你要把它写到书里吗? |
[31:09] | – I gotta grab this. I’ll meet you at the car rental. – Okay. | – 我要接下电话 在汽车出租公司见 – 好的 |
[31:13] | Hey, I was hoping I’d hear from you. | 嘿 我一直等你的消息 |
[31:15] | I’m in Hotlanta and I need a rib-joint recommend bad. | 我在特兰大 给我推荐家肋排餐馆吧 |
[31:18] | Fat Matt’s. Bring a bib. | 肥麦特餐馆 带上围嘴 |
[31:21] | – You never called. – I wasn’t sure what was appropriate. | – 你一直没打电话 – 我不知道那样是否合适 |
[31:24] | Appropriate? Right, I’m not some waitress you banged in a snowstorm. | 合适? 我不是你在大雪天搞上的女服务员 |
[31:28] | That word has no place in our vocabulary. | 我们的字典里没有这个词 |
[31:32] | I’m the woman that you don’t have to worry about. | 我是个不需要你担心的女人 |
[31:36] | – Sounds like a trap. – Listen… | – 听起来是个陷阱 – 听着… |
[31:40] | the next time that you’re worried about manners, don’t. | 以后别再担心礼仪什么的 不需要 |
[31:42] | If you wanna call, call. Just think of me as yourself, only with a vagina. | 你想打电话 就打 把我当成你自己 就是多了个阴道 |
[31:49] | When am I gonna see you? | 我要在哪见你? |
[31:50] | Well, I’m out of Hartsfield into IAD, with a connection in ORD into SDF. | 呃 我要离开Hartsfield去IAD机场 然后从ORD转到SDF机场 |
[31:57] | Sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[31:58] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 对 你说的是 |
[32:00] | How long’s your layover? They got multiples into SDF. Could you push? | 你中间停留多久? 到SDF的航班很多 你能推迟点吗? |
[32:06] | Yeah, I can push. | 可以 我可以推后点 |
[32:21] | All you have to do today is watch and listen. | 你今天要做的就是看和听 |
[32:24] | And when I talk about a strategy packet, hand them one of those. | 当我说到策略文件包时 你就给他们一份 |
[32:29] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[32:30] | So although I wish I were here with better news, | 虽然我希望我能带来好消息 |
[32:34] | the fact is that you and I are sitting here today because | 但你和我坐在这儿是因为 |
[32:38] | this will be your last week of employment at this company. | 这将是你在公司的最后一周了 |
[32:41] | – Why me? – What am I supposed to do now? | – 为什么是我? – 我现在该怎么办? |
[32:43] | Am I supposed to feel better I’m not the only one losing my job? | 我是不是该庆幸我不是唯一被炒鱿鱼的? |
[32:47] | This is ridiculous! I have been a fine employee for over 10 years | 太荒谬了! 我在这兢兢业业十年多 |
[32:51] | and this is the way you treat me. | 你们就这么对我 |
[32:54] | How do you sleep at night, man? How? | 你夜里怎么睡得着 伙计? 怎么睡得着? |
[32:57] | How’s your family? They sleeping well at night? | 你家人呢? 他们夜里睡得好吗? |
[33:00] | Electricity still on? | 电照样通? |
[33:02] | Heat still on, refrigerator full of food? | 暖气照样通 冰箱照样装满食物? |
[33:06] | Gas tank full of gas? | 煤气罐照样装满煤气? |
[33:08] | Going to Chuck E. Cheese this weekend or something? | 周末还能去查克起司(餐厅名)什么的? |
[33:10] | Not me. | 我就不行了 |
[33:12] | No, my kids, we’re not gonna do anything. | 不 我的孩子 我们什么也做不了 |
[33:20] | What do you suggest I tell them? | 你要我怎么跟他们说? |
[33:27] | Perhaps you’re underestimating the positive effect | 也许你低估了你职业转变 |
[33:29] | your career transition can have on your children. | 对你孩子的有利影响 |
[33:32] | The positive effect? | 有利影响? |
[33:36] | I make about 90 grand a year now. | 我现在一年赚大概9万美元 |
[33:39] | Unemployment is what… 250 bucks a week? | 失业以后呢… 一星期250美元? |
[33:42] | Is that one of your positive effects? | 这就是你所谓的有利影响之一? |
[33:44] | We’ll get to be cosier cos I’m not gonna be able to pay my mortgage on my house. | 我们会过得很难 因为我付不起房贷了 |
[33:48] | So maybe we can move into a nice fucking one-bedroom apartment somewhere. | 所以我们可能要搬到某个漂亮的 该死的一居室公寓里了 |
[33:53] | And I guess without benefits, | 另外 我猜没了工作 |
[33:55] | I’ll be able to hold my daughter as she, you know, suffers from her asthma | 她哮喘发作时 我就只能看着我的女儿 |
[34:00] | that I won’t be able to afford the medication for. | 因为我付不起医疗费了 |
[34:03] | Well… tests have shown that children under moderate trauma have a tendency to | 呃… 测试显示受中等创伤的孩子 |
[34:08] | apply themselves academically… | 在学术上会更努力… |
[34:11] | as a method of coping. | 这是他们处理的方式 |
[34:15] | Go fuck yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[34:18] | That’s what my kids’ll think. | 那才是我孩子的想法 |
[34:20] | – Your children’s admiration is important to you? – Yeah. | – 孩子的崇拜对你很重要? – 是的 |
[34:24] | Yeah, it was. | 是的 确实是 |
[34:27] | Well, I doubt they ever admired you, Bob. | 呃 我怀疑他们是否崇拜过你 Bob |
[34:29] | Hey, asshole, aren’t you supposed to be consoling me? | 嘿 混蛋 你不是该安慰我吗? |
[34:33] | I’m not a shrink, Bob. I’m a wake-up call. | 我不是心理医生 Bob 我只是个叫醒电话 |
[34:36] | – You know why kids love athletes? – Cos they screw lingerie models? | – 你知道孩子为什么喜欢运动员吗? – 因为他们搞上了内衣模特? |
[34:40] | No, that’s why we love athletes. Kids love athletes | 不 那是我们喜欢运动员的原因 孩子们喜欢 |
[34:45] | because they follow their dreams. | 因为他们追逐梦想 |
[34:49] | – Well, I can’t dunk. – No, but you can cook. | – 呃 我不会灌篮 – 对 但你会做饭 |
[34:52] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[34:54] | Your resume says that you minored in French culinary arts. | 简历上说你辅修过法国烹饪技术 |
[34:58] | Most students, they work on the fryer at KFC, | 大多数学生 在肯德基准备油炸食品 |
[35:01] | but you bussed tables at Il Picador to support yourself. | 而你却在斗牛士餐厅打工赚钱 |
[35:05] | Then you get out of college and then you come and work here. | 然后你大学毕业 来到这工作 |
[35:09] | How much did they first pay you to give up on your dreams? | 他们当时给你多少薪水 就让你放弃了梦想? |
[35:12] | – 27 grand a year. – And when were you going to stop | – 一年两万七千美元 – 那你什么时候才会停下来 |
[35:16] | and come back and do what makes you happy? | 回过头做让你自己开心的事? |
[35:21] | Good question. | 好问题 |
[35:22] | I see guys who work at the same company for their entire lives, | 我见过一些人 一辈子就待在一家公司 |
[35:26] | guys exactly like you. | 就像你一样 |
[35:28] | They clock in, they clock out, and they never have a moment of happiness. | 他们上班 下班 从未有过片刻的喜悦 |
[35:35] | You have an opportunity here, Bob. | 你现在有个机会 Bob |
[35:38] | This is a rebirth. | 这是一次重生 |
[35:41] | If not for you, do it for your children. | 就算不为了你自己 也是为了你的孩子 |
[36:13] | He just waltzes in and cuts in line? | 他就那样大摇大摆地插队? |
[36:15] | We reserve priority assistance for our Hilton Honors members. | 我们为希尔顿荣誉会员优先提供服务 |
[36:19] | The promotions are great. You should check it out. | 会员制度非常棒 你应该来看看 |
[36:28] | Hungry much? | 很饿吗? |
[36:30] | Our business expense allots $40 each for dinner. | 咱们每顿的餐饮费预算是40美元 |
[36:33] | I plan on grabbing as many miles as I can. | 我计划尽可能的赚英里数 |
[36:36] | OK, you gotta fill me in on the miles thing. What is that about? | 好吧 你来告诉我英里数的事情 那是关于什么的? |
[36:40] | Are you talking about… like frequent flyer miles? | 你是不是在说… 飞行常客的英里数? |
[36:43] | – You really want to know? – I’m dying to know. | – 你真想知道? – 我极其想知道 |
[36:47] | I don’t spend a nickel if I can help it unless it somehow profits my mileage account. | 如果不有益于我的英里数账户 我一个子儿也不会花的 |
[36:52] | So what are you saving up for… Hawaii, South of France? | 你攒英里数为了… 去夏威夷 法国南部? |
[36:55] | It’s not like that. The miles are the goal. | 并不是那样 目标就是英里数 |
[36:59] | That’s it? | 就这样? |
[37:01] | You’re saving just to save? | 你攒英里数就是为了攒英里数? |
[37:02] | Just say I have a number in mind and I haven’t hit it yet. | 我只是说我脑中有一个数字 我还没达到而已 |
[37:05] | That’s a little abstract. What’s the target? | 那有点抽象 目标是什么? |
[37:09] | – I’d rather not. – Is it a secret target? | – 我不想说 – 是秘密? |
[37:14] | It’s 10 million miles. | 一千万英里 |
[37:17] | – OK. Isn’t 10 million just a number? – Pi’s just a number. | – 好吧 一千万不就是个数字嘛? – π也就是个数字 |
[37:20] | Well, we all need a hobby. | 呃 我们都得有点嗜好 |
[37:23] | No, I… I don’t mean to belittle your collection. I get it. It sounds cool. | 不 我… 我不是有意贬低你的爱好 我明白了 那很酷 |
[37:28] | I’d be the seventh person to do it. More people have walked on the moon. | 我会是第7个做到的人 上过月球的人都比这多 |
[37:32] | – Do they throw you a parade? – You get lifetime executive status, | – 他们给你来了个游行庆祝? – 你有终生的行政地位 |
[37:36] | you get to meet the chief pilot, Maynard Finch… | 你能见到机长 Maynard Finch… |
[37:39] | And they put your name on a plane. | 而且 他们把你的名字写在飞机上 |
[37:40] | Men get hard-ons putting their name on stuff. You guys don’t grow up. | 男人总是渴望自己名字出现在某些东西上 你们都还没长大 |
[37:43] | – It’s like you need to pee on everything. – Now who’s stereotyping? | – 就像你们随处小便一样 – 现在是谁有偏见啊? |
[37:46] | Fear of mortality. It’s like, yeah, you’re gonna die one day. | 是对死亡的恐惧 就像是 你某天会死去 |
[37:50] | Why do you suppose that’s singular to men? | 你为什么觉得只有男人会这么想? |
[37:53] | – Probably because you can’t have babies. – The baby argument. | – 很可能因为你们不能生孩子 – 孩子理论 |
[38:01] | If I had that many miles… | 如果我有那么多英里数… |
[38:03] | I would show up at an airport, | 我就在机场炫耀 |
[38:05] | look at the destination board, pick a place and go. | 看着指路牌 选个地方 然后就去 |
[38:44] | Thanks for the advice. | 多谢你的建议 |
[39:28] | OK. Closer. Way closer. | 好的 向前 再向前点 |
[39:34] | Still closer. | 再往前 |
[39:36] | Closer. | 往前 |
[39:40] | Er… a little left. | 呃… 稍向左 |
[39:41] | Down a little. | 往下点 |
[39:44] | Too far. Up. Up one more inch. | 下去太多了 往上 再往上一英寸 |
[39:48] | I don’t get it. Why does your sister want a fake photo? | 我不明白 为什么你妹妹会想要张假照片? |
[39:51] | My sister is kooky. She thinks this is charming. It’s like the Gnome Thing. | 我妹妹很奇怪的 她觉得这很有趣 就像地精一样 |
[39:55] | No, I mean, why would she want a fake photo in front of St Louis airport? | 不 我想问的是 她为什么会想要一张在圣路易机场的照片? |
[39:58] | Are you kidding… Lambert Field? The Wright brothers flew through there. | 你在开玩笑吗… 这可是Lambert机场呀 怀特兄弟飞越过这里 |
[40:02] | That domed main terminal, | 主航站楼的那个屋顶 |
[40:04] | is the first of its kind, a precursor of everything from JFK to de Gaulle. | 是圆屋顶的首创 肯尼迪和戴高乐机场 都是按照它的设计理念设计的 |
[40:09] | – Pretty sweet. – Just take the picture. | – 真厉害 – 照你的相 |
[40:15] | Well, that’s a keeper. | 好了 照下来了 |
[40:17] | Let me see it. | 让我看看 |
[40:20] | Why she wants reminders of all the places she hasn’t been is beyond me. But… | 我也不知道她为什么 要在这些她从没去过的地方留念 但是… |
[40:24] | I’m sure she’ll be crushed for having missed this airport. | 我相信她没能来这儿一定很痛苦 |
[40:26] | Look, before Lindbergh crossed the Atlantic, he took off from one of those runways. | 在Lindbergh飞越大西洋之前 他曾经从这里的某条跑道上起飞 |
[40:31] | Do you ever wonder why they called it the Spirit of St Louis? | 你从没好奇过 为什么人们称之为圣路易精神么? |
[40:33] | – No. – Well… | – 没有 – 好吧… |
[40:43] | Do you know how fucked this place is now? | 你知道这该死的公司变成什么样了吗? |
[40:46] | I am the one thing… the one thing… | 我是那个… 那个… |
[40:48] | preventing this place from being totally fucked in the ass. | 让公司不再一团糟的人 |
[40:58] | Sometimes they just need to vent. | 他们有时候需要发泄一下 |
[41:03] | Please, for the love of God, can I fire the next one? | 拜托 看在上帝的份上 下一个能不能让我开除? |
[41:07] | – Miss Barnes, thank you for joining us. – I’m here to be fired, right? | – Barnes小姐 谢谢你参加 – 我要被开除了 是吗? |
[41:12] | Well, we’re here to talk about your future. | 我们是想和您谈谈您以后的计划 |
[41:14] | You don’t have to sugar-coat it. I get the drill. | 你不用说什么好听的 我明白你们想说什么 |
[41:17] | What are they offering? | 他们会给我什么? |
[41:20] | Inside the packet, you’ll find a clearly worked out severance package. | 在文件夹里 你可以看到一个明晰的遣散费条款 |
[41:22] | Give me the bullet points. | 直接告诉我重点 |
[41:25] | It’s actually pretty good… | 其实条件很优厚… |
[41:27] | three months’ pay, six months’ medical. | 三个月的工资 六个月的医疗保险 |
[41:29] | And a full year of placement services through our company CTC. | 还有由我们公司付款一年的就业咨询服务 |
[41:32] | Placement services. That’s generous. | 求职咨询 真是慷慨啊 |
[41:38] | Commonly it takes a month of searching for every $10,000 you expect to earn in salary. | 一般的话 想找到一份年薪一万的工作只需要一个月的时间 |
[41:42] | – So I could be looking for a while. – Not necessarily. | – 这样说来我可以再等等看了 – 也不是这么说 |
[41:45] | Don’t even sweat it. I’m pretty confident about my plans. | 不要紧张 我对自己的计划还是很有信心的 |
[41:50] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 对 |
[41:51] | There’s this beautiful bridge by my house. | 我家旁边有一座很美丽的大桥 |
[41:55] | I’m gonna go jump off it. | 我要从上面跳下去 |
[41:59] | Natalie. | Natalie啊 |
[42:01] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[42:02] | Natalie! | Natalie啊! |
[42:13] | People say these things all the time. It’s part of the trade. | 人们总是这样子说话的 这就是我们的工作 |
[42:16] | – They do? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 对 |
[42:19] | They say crazy things. They get worked up. | 他们会说很难听的话 他们会变得非常易怒 |
[42:24] | She was really calm. | 她看起来很平静的 |
[42:27] | I think that’s a good sign. | 我觉得那是个很好的信号 |
[42:30] | – So they don’t ever actually do it? – No. No, it’s just talk. | – 所以他们其实并不会真的那么做? – 不会 只是说说而已 |
[42:34] | How do you know? Do you follow up? | 你怎么知道? 你跟踪调查过? |
[42:36] | I mean, no, nothing good’s gonna come of that, but.. | 没有 这种事当然没什么好结果 但是… |
[42:40] | I wouldn’t worry about it. | 我不会去操这种心 |
[42:44] | This is what we do, Natalie. | 这就是我们的工作 Natalie |
[42:46] | We take people at their most fragile and we set them adrift. | 我们让人们在他们最脆弱的时候失去了依靠 |
[42:54] | Ready to go back in? | 准备好继续了吗? |
[42:57] | All right, let’s go. Come on. | 好的 走吧 来 |
[43:44] | No, I’m fine. Tell me something sweet. | 不 我很好 告诉我些开心的事吧 |
[43:48] | I’ll be back soon. I’m not sure how long this exercise is supposed to last. | 我很快就可以回去了 我也不知道实习会持续多久 |
[43:52] | No, I don’t even think of him that way. He’s old. | 不 我才没想过那方面的事呢 他那么老 |
[44:36] | – I… I’m done? – I wasn’t expecting this. Not at all. | – 我… 我被开除了? – 我压根没想到 一点儿都没有 |
[44:40] | Just like that? | 就这样? |
[44:41] | I’m disappointed that I’ve given so much of my life… | 我很失望 我付出了我生命中那么多的… |
[44:45] | This is not fair. | 这不公平 |
[44:46] | There are people who gonna be way more qualified than me now. | 现在有那么多比我更适合这个职位的人 |
[44:48] | I don’t know what to do when I wake up in the morning, tomorrow. | 我不知道明天早上起床后 要做什么了 |
[44:59] | You OK? | 你还好吗? |
[45:02] | – Are we going? – Yeah. | – 我们要走了? – 对 |
[45:22] | This is how I start every day of my life. | 我每天就是这么开始的 |
[45:27] | Now, this is gonna be a little difficult, so stay with me. | 现在 可能会有一点困难 所以 跟着我的思路 |
[45:31] | You have a new backpack. | 你有一个新背包 |
[45:33] | Only this time, I want you to fill it with people. | 只是这次 我要你把它装满人 |
[45:37] | Start with casual acquaintances, friends of friends, | 从泛泛之交开始 到朋友的朋友 |
[45:40] | folks around the office. | 再到公司的同事 |
[45:42] | And then the people you trust with your most intimate secrets… | 再到那些你相信 并愿意和他们分享你内心秘密的人… |
[45:46] | your cousins, your aunts, your uncles, | 你的堂兄妹 你的姑姑阿姨 你的叔叔舅舅 |
[45:48] | your brothers, your sisters, your parents, | 你的兄弟 你的姐妹 你的父母亲 |
[45:52] | and finally your husband, your wife, your boyfriend or your girlfriend. | 最后到了你的丈夫 你的老婆 你的男朋友 或是你的女朋友 |
[45:58] | You get them into that backpack. | 你要把他们都装进那个背包里去 |
[46:02] | Don’t worry. I’m not gonna ask you to light it on fire. | 别着急 我不会让你们一把火烧掉的 |
[46:08] | Feel the weight of that bag. | 感受那个背包的重量 |
[46:10] | Make no mistake, your relationships are the heaviest components in your life. | 不能犯错 你的人际关系是你人生中最重要的部分 |
[46:16] | Do you feel the straps cutting into your shoulders? | 感受到陷进你肩膀里的带子的压力了吗? |
[46:21] | All those negotiations and arguments, and secrets and compromises. | 所有的谈判和争执 所有的秘密和妥协 |
[46:30] | You don’t need to carry all that weight. | 其实你不需要承受那么多重量的 |
[46:34] | Why don’t you set that bag down? | 为什么不放下那背包呢? |
[46:38] | Some animals were meant to carry each other, to live symbiotically for a lifetime… | 有些动物生来就是为了互相扶持 一辈子都要生活在一起… |
[46:44] | star-crossed lovers, monogamous swans. We are not those animals. | 时运不济的恋人 终生一夫一妻制的天鹅 我们不是那些动物 |
[46:51] | The slower we move, the faster we die. | 我们运动得越慢 死得越快 |
[46:53] | We are not swans. | 我们不是天鹅 |
[46:58] | We’re sharks. | 我们是鲨鱼 |
[47:13] | – Never? – No. | – 永远不会? – 不会 |
[47:15] | – Ever? – No. | – 从来没有? – 没有 |
[47:18] | – You never want to get married? – Nope. | – 你从来没想过要结婚? – 没 |
[47:20] | – Never want kids? – Not a chance. | – 没想要孩子? – 一次都没有 |
[47:22] | – Ever? – Never. | – 从来? – 从来没有 |
[47:25] | – Is that so bizarre? – Yes. | – 很奇怪吗? – 是 |
[47:28] | – Yes, it is. – I just don’t see the value in it. | – 对 很奇怪 – 我只是没发现那样做的意义 |
[47:33] | – Right, sell it to me. – What? | – 好吧 推销给我 – 什么? |
[47:36] | Sell me marriage. | 把婚姻推销给我 |
[47:39] | – OK, how about love? – OK. | – 好吧 爱不会让你想结婚吗? – 好吧 |
[47:43] | Stability, just somebody you can count on… | 稳定 就是你可以依靠某人… |
[47:46] | How many stable marriages do you know? | 你知道有多少稳定的婚姻吗? |
[47:48] | Somebody to talk to, someone to spend your life with. | 可以和某人说话 可以和某人共度一生 |
[47:51] | I’m surrounded by people to talk to. I doubt that’s not gonna change. | 我周围全是可以说话的人 我觉得那是不会变的 |
[47:56] | How about just not dying alone? | 为了不会一个人死去? |
[47:59] | Starting when I was 12, we moved each of my grandparents to a nursing facility. | 从我12岁开始 我们就开始把我的祖父母送去养老院 |
[48:03] | My parents went the same way. Make no mistake, we all die alone. | 我的父母也去了养老院 如果没说错的话 我们都会一个人死去的 |
[48:08] | Now, those cult members in San Diego, with the Kool-Aid and the sneakers… | 不过 那些在圣地亚哥喝着最爱的饮料 穿着运动鞋的邪教份子… |
[48:12] | they didn’t die alone. | 倒不会一个人死去 |
[48:15] | I’m just saying there are options. | 我只是说还有不同的选择 |
[48:20] | Oh, fuck. | 我靠 |
[48:23] | Brian left me. | Brian抛弃我了 |
[48:32] | All right. | 没事了 |
[48:36] | OK. Ok. All right. | 好 好 没事了 |
[48:40] | All right. Shh, shh. | 没事了 嘘 嘘 |
[48:50] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[48:56] | Natalie, this is Alex, my friend. This is Natalie. | Natalie 这是我朋友Alex 这是Natalie |
[49:01] | I should give you both a moment. | 我应该回避一下吗? |
[49:03] | No. No, that’s fine. I’m fine. It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 不 不 没关系的 我没事 很高兴见到你 |
[49:09] | Maybe we should just all go up to our rooms and freshen up. | 也许我们应该回房间去洗把脸 |
[49:13] | – Maybe a drink? – Now you’re talking. | – 或是喝一杯? – 就按你说的 |
[49:15] | Brian: I think it’s time we C other people | Brian: 我觉得我们该分手了 |
[49:19] | He broke up with you with a text message? | 他就用短信和你分手? |
[49:21] | Kind of like firing someone over the internet. | 就像是通过网络解雇别人一样 |
[49:26] | – What a weaselly prick. – But what does that make me? | – 多狡猾的贱人 – 那我是啥? |
[49:30] | – Someone who falls for a prick. – We all fall for them. | – 爱上贱人的傻瓜 – 我们都会爱上他们的 |
[49:32] | Pricks are spontaneous, unpredictable and fun. | 贱人会很随意 不可捉摸 很有趣 |
[49:35] | Then we’re surprised when they turn out to be pricks. | 然后我们会很惊讶 原来他们那么无耻 |
[49:39] | – I followed him to Omaha. – You did? | – 我是为了他来的奥马哈 – 真的? |
[49:43] | I had a job waiting for me in San Francisco when he got an offer from ConAgra. | 我本来在旧金山有一份工作的 但是他接到了康尼格拉的录用通知 |
[49:48] | He said we could start a life together. | 他说我们可以一起开创新生活 |
[49:51] | – So I followed him. – To Nebraska? | – 所以我跟着他 – 到了内布拉斯加? |
[49:57] | I thought I’d be engaged by now. | 我以为我们会订婚的 |
[50:01] | No offence. | 不要见怪 |
[50:02] | – None taken. – That’s all right. | – 没发现 – 没关系 |
[50:06] | When I was 16, I thought by 23 I’d be married, | 当我16岁的时候 我觉得我23岁就会结婚 |
[50:09] | maybe have a kid, corner office by day, entertaining at night. | 会有一个小孩 白天坐在办公室角落 晚上出去玩 |
[50:14] | I was supposed to be driving a Grand Cherokee by now. | 我应该开着切诺基上班的 |
[50:16] | Life can underwhelm you that way. | 生活有时候会让你失望的 |
[50:20] | I mean, where did you think you’d be by um… | 我是说 你怎么知道你会在哪里被… |
[50:25] | – It doesn’t work that way. – At a certain point, you stop with the deadlines. | – 事实不总按着你的想法走的 – 在某处 你设定个截止期限 |
[50:29] | It can be counterproductive. | 有时候反而会适得其反 |
[50:31] | I don’t want to say anything anti-feminist. | 我不是反对男女平等 |
[50:33] | I really appreciate all your generation did for me. | 我很感激你们那一代人为我们女人做的一切 |
[50:36] | – It was our pleasure. – Well done. | – 是我们的荣幸 – 做得很不错 |
[50:38] | But sometimes it feels like, no matter how much success I have, | 但是有时候我感觉 不论我有多成功 |
[50:41] | it’s not gonna matter until I find the right guy. | 除非我找到了命中注定的那位 一切都不重要 |
[50:45] | You really thought this guy was the one? | 你真的觉得这个人就是那位吗? |
[50:47] | I could have made it work. | 我本可以实现的 |
[50:50] | He um… he really fit the bill. | 他 呃… 他符合我的要求 |
[50:53] | – You know? – The bill? | – 你知道吗? – 你的要求? |
[50:55] | White collar, college grad. | 白领阶层 大学学历 |
[50:58] | Loves dogs, likes funny movies. Six-foot-one, brown hair, kind eyes, | 喜欢小狗 喜欢喜剧 1米8的个子 褐色头发 迷人的双眼 |
[51:02] | works in finance but is outdoorsy… you know, on the weekends. | 专业是金融 但喜爱户外运动… 在周末 |
[51:08] | I always imagined he’d have a single syllable name like Matt or John… | 我希望他有一个字的名字 像是Matt 或是John… |
[51:14] | or Dave. | 或是Dave |
[51:16] | In a perfect world, he drives a 4Runner, and | 在理想的世界中 他开着丰田的4Runner |
[51:19] | and the only thing he loves more than me is his golden lab. | 他爱他的黄金实验室胜过爱我 |
[51:22] | And a nice smile. | 还要有可爱的笑容 |
[51:27] | – What about you? – Let me think. | – 你呢? – 让我想想 |
[51:33] | Honestly, by the time you’re 34, all the physical requirements just go out the window. | 实话说 当你34岁的时候 所有的身体条件已经不重要了 |
[51:38] | Like you secretly pray that he’ll be taller than you. | 比如你默默祈求他比你高 |
[51:42] | Not an asshole would be nice. Someone who enjoys my company, comes from a good family. | 他不是个混蛋就好了 他喜欢我的陪伴 他有个良好的家庭 |
[51:47] | You don’t think about that when you’re younger. | 你年轻的时候 不会想这些的 |
[51:49] | I don’t know… someone who wants kids. | 我不知道… 他还应该想要孩子 |
[51:53] | Likes kids. Wants kids | 喜欢小孩 想要小孩 |
[51:57] | Healthy enough to play with his kids. | 身体健康 可以和孩子们一起玩 |
[52:02] | Please let him earn more money than I do. | 上帝拜托让他比我挣得比我多吧 |
[52:06] | You might not understand that now, but believe me, you will one day. | 你可能现在不能了解 但相信我 总有一天你会了解的 |
[52:09] | Otherwise that’s a recipe for disaster. | 不然的话 那肯定就是一个灾难了 |
[52:13] | And hopefully some hair on his head. | 而且希望他没有谢顶 |
[52:16] | But I mean even that’s not a deal breaker these days. | 但是现在那也不是决定性因素了 |
[52:23] | A nice smile. | 一个可爱的笑容 |
[52:27] | Yeah, a nice smile. Nice smile just might do it. | 对 一个可爱的笑容 可爱的笑容很重要 |
[52:33] | Wow, that was depressing. | 哇 那真伤感 |
[52:37] | – I should just date women. – Tried it. | – 我应该和女人约会了 – 我试过了 |
[52:40] | We’re no picnic ourselves. | 我们一个人过不去的 |
[52:46] | I don’t mind being married to my career. | 我一点都不介意嫁给我的事业 |
[52:50] | And I don’t expect it to hold me in bed as I fall asleep. | 我也不指望 它在我睡觉的时候抱着我 |
[52:57] | I just don’t want to settle. | 我只是不想安顿下来 |
[53:00] | You’re young. Right now you see settling as some sort of a failure. | 你还年轻 现在你认为安顿意味着失败 |
[53:04] | It is… by definition. | 那是… 我的定义 |
[53:08] | But by the time someone is right for you, it won’t feel like settling. | 但是当你遇到对的人 你不会想要安顿 |
[53:12] | And the only person left to judge you | 那么唯一可以评判你的人 |
[53:13] | will be the 23-year-old girl with a target on your back. | 就是你身后那个有明确目标的23岁女孩 |
[53:20] | So what’s the plan for the evening? | 晚上有什么计划? |
[53:24] | Well, we were gonna hit that party for the tech conference at the hotel. | 我们本想去参加饭店里 那个科技会议举行的派对 |
[53:28] | I didn’t know you could just attend those. I thought you had to register. | 我不知道你们也能参加 我以为必须要登记的 |
[53:32] | Technically, I don’t think it’s open to the public. | 理论上说 那个派对不对外开放的 |
[53:35] | – Stop by. – You’re gonna crash it? | – 被拦下来 – 你们要闯进去? |
[53:42] | – have a good time, usually. – No, no, I get it. I’m in. | – 通常会很好玩 – 不 我明白 我也要参加 |
[54:07] | Jennifer Chu? Jennifer Chu? | |
[54:09] | – Shit! – Ah, it’ll be fine. | – 靠! – 啊 没关系的 |
[54:34] | Doing all right? | 一切还好? |
[54:37] | Yeah. This was a great idea. | 是 这真是个好主意 |
[54:42] | You’re so pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[54:45] | You’re exactly what I wanna look like in 15 years. | 我多希望自己15年后可以像你这样漂亮 |
[54:48] | – Thank you, Natalie. – You should dance. | – 谢谢 Natalie – 你应该跳舞 |
[54:56] | – Come on. – No, no, no. | – 来吧 – 不 不 不 |
[54:57] | – Come on. – Oh! | – 来吧 – 噢! |
[55:16] | – I’m Dave. – I’m Natalie. | – 我是Dave – 我是Natalie |
[55:20] | Who’s Jennifer? | 那Jennifer是谁? |
[55:23] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[55:26] | How’s everybody doing out there? | 大家开心吗? |
[55:30] | Right about now, give it up for a very special alphaTECH guest. | 现在 让我们热烈欢迎alphaTECH的特邀嘉宾 |
[55:34] | Young MC! Young MC! | |
[55:38] | What’s up, alphaTECH? | 怎么样 alphaTECH? |
[55:40] | I got a busted computer. Can somebody fix it for me? | 我电脑最近坏了 有人能帮我修修吗? |
[56:32] | I want you to have a key to my place. | 我希望你能拿着我房间的钥匙 |
[56:38] | Wow. I had no idea we were at that point in our relationship. | 哇 我都不知道我们之间已经到了这个地步了 |
[56:42] | – Oh, yes. – Wow. | – 当然有 – 哇 |
[56:49] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿? |
[56:51] | # Lyin’ in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you # | # 我躺在床上 听着钟表滴答 想起了你 # |
[56:57] | # Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new # | # 陷在回忆中 我无比困惑 # |
[57:05] | # Flash back Warm night Almost left behind # | # 回忆浮现 温暖的夜晚 几乎就要忘却 # |
[57:12] | # Suitcase Memories Time after some time # | # 箱子 记忆 不停的出现 # |
[57:25] | Back home I don’t get to act the way I do with you. | 回到家后 我就不会像现在和你一起时这样了 |
[57:28] | – That’s why I don’t have a back home. – I know. | – 这就是我为什么不回家的原因 – 我发现了 |
[57:33] | You’re so cool. Mr Empty Backpack. | 你真冷漠 空包先生 |
[57:38] | – You know about my backpack? – I Googled you. | – 你知道我的背包理论? – 我在Google上搜了一下 |
[57:40] | You did? | 真的? |
[57:41] | It’s what us modern girls do when we have a crush. | 如今女生迷恋男生都会这样 |
[57:45] | – Does it bother you? – It depends. | – 你不喜欢吗? – 看情况了 |
[57:48] | Is the bag empty because you hate people | 你要把背包清空 是因为讨厌人呢 |
[57:51] | or because you hate the baggage they come along with? | 还是讨厌他们的背包? |
[57:52] | I don’t hate people. I’m not exactly a hermit. | 我不讨厌和人相处 我不能算一个隐士吧 |
[57:55] | You just don’t want to be tied down with the whole responsibility thing. | 你只是不想被那么多的责任所束缚 |
[58:00] | I don’t know what originally sparked the backpack. | 我不知道最初是什么启发我的空包思考 |
[58:03] | Probably needed to be alone. | 也许是因为我需要独处 |
[58:07] | Recently, I’ve been thinking that I needed to empty the backpack | 最近 我一直在想 在我知道应该把什么放进之前 |
[58:11] | before I know what to put back in it. | 应该先把它清空 |
[58:33] | – Oh, no! – I think we’re out of gas. | – 哦 不! – 我想是汽油用完了 |
[59:16] | Hey. You’re up? | 嘿 你起来了? |
[59:19] | I have to fly standby and make a meeting in Cincinnati. | 我要飞去辛辛那提去开个会 |
[59:25] | OK. | 好吧 |
[59:27] | I made you feel cheap. | 我伤你自尊了 |
[59:30] | It’s all right. Just leave the money on the dresser. | 没关系 把钱放化妆台就行了 |
[59:34] | I’ll text you later so we can swap schedules. | 过会儿我给你发短信 我们交换下行程表 |
[59:41] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[59:44] | I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[59:47] | – I like you too. – Good. | – 我也喜欢你 – 真好 |
[59:52] | Go catch your plane. | 去赶飞机吧 |
[1:00:07] | Last night er… | 昨晚 呃… |
[1:00:09] | It was kind of out of hand. I said things, erm… | 我有点失控 说的话… |
[1:00:14] | I’m not actually sure everything that I said. | 我也不确定自己说了什么 |
[1:00:16] | – But I didn’t want you to think… – Just relax. | – 但请你不要认为… – 没事 |
[1:00:20] | It was nice to see you cut loose. | 看到你放松自我 我很高兴 |
[1:00:23] | Did you wake him up or slip out? | 你叫醒他 还是溜出来的? |
[1:00:27] | – What? – This morning. Your new friend. | – 什么? – 今天早上 你的新朋友 |
[1:00:30] | Did you wake him up for an awkward goodbye, or did you | 你叫醒他 尴尬的说声再见 还是 |
[1:00:31] | just slip out and make him feel like a whore? | 偷偷溜出来 像个妓女? |
[1:00:36] | – I just left. – Protocol’s always tricky. | – 我就那么走了 – 社交礼仪总是很麻烦 |
[1:00:43] | What happened to Alex? | 那Alex呢? |
[1:00:44] | She had to leave town early to get to a meeting. | 她一早就出城了 赶着开会 |
[1:00:46] | – That’s too bad. Where’s she live? – Chicago. | – 真扫兴 她住哪? – 芝加哥 |
[1:00:51] | Thinking of going to see her? | 想去见她吗? |
[1:00:53] | We don’t really have that kind of relationship. Try it over there. | 我们关系没到那步 站那边试试 |
[1:00:57] | What erm… kind of relationship do you have? | 那 呃… 你们是什么关系? |
[1:01:01] | Well, you know… casual. | 就是那种… 很随意的 |
[1:01:04] | – Sounds pretty special. – It works for us. | – 听起来蛮特别的 – 挺适合我们的 |
[1:01:09] | Don’t you think there’s a future there? | 没想过你们会有未来吗? |
[1:01:11] | I never really thought about it. What’s going on here? | 我从来没想过 问这个干吗? |
[1:01:14] | – Really never thought about it? – No. | – 真的从没想过? – 从没 |
[1:01:18] | How can you not think about that? | 你居然从没想过你们的未来? |
[1:01:20] | How does it not even cross your mind that you might want a future with someone? | 你脑子就没闪现过 和某人共度余生的念头? |
[1:01:24] | It’s simple. You know that moment when you look into somebody’s eyes and you can | 很简单 当你看着某人的眼睛 |
[1:01:28] | feel them staring into your soul and the whole world goes quiet just for a second? | 直触灵魂 全世界在那一刻静止? |
[1:01:33] | – Yes. – Right. Well, I don’t. | – 知道 – 是吧 可我没那感觉 |
[1:01:36] | You’re an asshole. | 你个混蛋 |
[1:01:38] | You know, look, I’m just dicking around. Come on, give me a hand. | 我只是消磨时间 快点 帮我拍完 |
[1:01:41] | Dont’t you think it’s worth giving her a chance? | 那你为什么不给她一个机会? |
[1:01:42] | – A chance for what? – A chance at something real. | – 什么机会? – 付出真感情的机会 |
[1:01:45] | Natalie, your definition of real will evolve as you get older. | Natalie 对于”真感情”的理解 会随着年龄的增长改变 |
[1:01:48] | Can you stop condescending for one second | 你能不能屈尊一下 |
[1:01:50] | or is that one of the principles of your bullshit philosophy? | 还是那就是你那狗屁理论的原则? |
[1:01:52] | – Bullshit philosophy? – The isolation, the travelling. | – 狗屁理论? – 什么独身 旅行 |
[1:01:55] | – Is that supposed to be charming? – No, simply a life choice. | – 那样很有魅力吗? – 不 只是种生活方式 |
[1:01:58] | – It’s a cocoon of self-banishment. – Wow. Big words. | – 那是自我放纵的借口 – 哇 过奖了 |
[1:02:01] | – Screw you. – Screw you, too. | – 去你的 – 也去你的 |
[1:02:05] | You have set up a way of life that basically | 你的生活方式基本上 |
[1:02:06] | makes it impossible for you to have any kind of human connection. | 基本上隔绝了人际交往 |
[1:02:09] | And now this woman comes along and somehow runs the gauntlet of your ridiculous | 现在有个女人出现 经历你那荒谬的生活方式的鞭打 |
[1:02:13] | life choice, and comes out on the other end smiling just so you can call her “casual”? | 还对你微笑 你却说她”随意”? |
[1:02:17] | I need to grow up? You’re a 12-year-old. | 我需要长大成熟? 你才是12岁的小朋友 |
[1:02:21] | I don’t have a gauntlet… | 我没有鞭打… |
[1:02:26] | Fuck. | 我靠 |
[1:03:09] | Listen, these Detroit guys can be tough. They’re getting hammered. | 听着 这些底特律家伙不好对付 他们是老油条了 |
[1:03:13] | So you don’t get distracted. Stick with the simple stuff. | 别分心 把简单的事做好 |
[1:03:15] | Get these packets in their hands and get them out the door, OK? | 把资料给他们 请他们走人 明白吗? |
[1:03:32] | Hey, welcome to Detroit. | 嘿 欢迎来底特律 |
[1:03:34] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事? |
[1:03:36] | I’ve been looking at those great numbers on last few days. | 前几天我一直注意那些大生意 |
[1:03:38] | I thought maybe we should just nut up and give this a try. | 觉得我们应该大胆点 试试这种方式 |
[1:03:40] | We use a little more time. | 我们需要多点时间 |
[1:03:42] | Well, you gotta leave the nest at some point, huh? | 万事都有个开头 对吧? |
[1:03:45] | This is a real company, Craig. We’re here to do some damage. | 这可是真正的公司 Craig 我们是来拆台的 |
[1:03:47] | I know. It’s a good thing we brought our best, okay? Let’s stop screwing around. | 我知道 但有你们两位精英 还怕什么? 开始吧 |
[1:03:51] | Just give me a minute to prepare and get my things together. | 给我一分钟做准备 |
[1:03:54] | I was thinking Natalie was gonna take this one. | 这次让Natalie来吧 |
[1:03:58] | She’s hardly ready for that. | 恐怕她还不能胜任吧 |
[1:03:59] | I’ve been watched her results the last few days. She’s great. | 最近我一直关注她的工作成绩 她很棒 |
[1:04:02] | This is a whole other animal. | 这次和以前的任务完全不同啊 |
[1:04:03] | You know, she created it and everything right? Natalie, are you nut up for it? | 这种方式就是她创造的 对吧? Natalie你准备好了吗? |
[1:04:09] | Yeah, I’m game. | 没问题 |
[1:04:11] | That’s my girl. | 看你的表现 |
[1:04:14] | Just remember, don’t apologize or tell them how hard this is for you. | 记住了 千万别道歉 也别说自己也很为难 |
[1:04:18] | Today’s one of the worst days they’re ever gonna have in their life. | 今天将是他们 一生中最郁闷的一天 |
[1:04:20] | How we feel doesn’t even compare. | 我们的同情太微不足道了 |
[1:04:24] | – Got it. – Just keep it professional. You’ll be fine. | – 了解 – 专业点 没事的 |
[1:04:32] | What’s all this? What’s going on? | 这是干什么? 发生什么事了? |
[1:04:33] | Hello, Mr Samuels. | 您好啊 Samuels先生 |
[1:04:35] | I wish I were here with better news. | 我也希望自己带给您的是好消息 |
[1:04:39] | However, your position here at Wall Timer’s is no longer available. | 但是 您在Wall Timer公司的职位保不住了 |
[1:04:43] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思? |
[1:04:46] | You’ve been let go. | 您被解雇了 |
[1:04:49] | Just like that? | 就这么简单? |
[1:04:53] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊? |
[1:04:56] | My name is Miss Keener and I’m here today to talk about your options. | 我是Keener女士 今天是来和您谈条件的 |
[1:05:00] | I worked for this company for 17 years and they send a 4th-grader to can me? | 我为这个公司干了17年 他们就派个本科毕业生开了我? |
[1:05:07] | What the fuck is this? | 这他妈的太过分了? |
[1:05:18] | It’s perfectly normal to be upset. | 您会这么生气 我很理解 |
[1:05:21] | However, the sooner you can tell yourself | 不过 您尽早接受事实 |
[1:05:24] | the greater opportunities are waiting for you. | 就能尽快找到更好的工作机会 |
[1:05:24] | Greater opportunities? I’m 57 fucking years old. | 更好的工作机会? 我他妈的都57岁了 |
[1:05:30] | Anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are now. | 那些曾建立帝国 改变世界的伟人们 也有过你这样的遭遇 |
[1:05:37] | And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it. | 也正因为他们经历过 他们才能做到 |
[1:05:45] | There’s a packet in front of you. I want you to take some time and review it. | 您面前有份资料 希望您花时间读下 |
[1:05:51] | All the answers you’re looking for are inside those pages. | 您的问题 资料里都有答案 |
[1:05:58] | The sooner you trust the process, | 你越早接受现实 |
[1:06:00] | the sooner the next step of your life will unveil itself. | 您才能尽快开始新生活 |
[1:06:11] | I need you to go back to your office now | 现在请您回办公室 |
[1:06:13] | and start putting together your personal things. | 收拾自己的个人物品 |
[1:06:33] | Mr Samuels, that’s all we can discuss now. | Samuels先生 我们的谈话结束了 |
[1:06:41] | Mr Samuels. | Samuels先生 |
[1:06:51] | Mr Samuels. | Samuels先生 |
[1:06:57] | Mr Samuels! | Samuels先生! |
[1:07:14] | You did good. | 表现得不错啊 |
[1:07:18] | You oK? You want me to take over? | 你还好吧? 要我接手吗? |
[1:07:21] | No, I’m all right. | 不用了 我没事 |
[1:07:39] | Look, we just got here. That’s one place. I think we need to try a few more. | 我们刚到这 这只是开始 我认为得多试几个 |
[1:07:45] | Maybe it doesn’t make difference, | 或许没什么区别 |
[1:07:46] | but it’s comforting to know that we’re in the next room. | 但让他们知道 我们就坐在隔壁 起码有点安抚作用 |
[1:07:48] | I know you don’t give a shit about my comfort. | 我知道你才不管什么安抚 |
[1:07:52] | I think we could try a few more, that’s all I’m saying. | 我就是想说 得多试几个 |
[1:07:59] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[1:08:04] | All right. OK. All right. | 没事 好的 没事 |
[1:08:13] | He thought you did a great job. You did. | 他说你表现很棒 确实是 |
[1:08:16] | – I’m real proud of you. – Thanks. | – 我为你骄傲 – 谢谢 |
[1:08:22] | They’re pulling us off the road. | 他们想让我们回去 |
[1:08:26] | We’re going home. | 我们要回家了 |
[1:08:28] | – Really? For good? – Yeah. | – 真的? 不再回来了? – 是啊 |
[1:08:35] | Good job. | 做得不错 |
[1:09:03] | I’m sorry about what I said about Alex. That was out of line. | 关于Alex的那些话 我很抱歉 有点过分了 |
[1:09:06] | It’s all right. I understand. | 没事 我理解 |
[1:09:08] | I mean, who am I to be doling out relationship advice, right? | 我是谁啊 还给你提恋爱建议? |
[1:09:12] | No kidding. | 别开玩笑了 |
[1:09:18] | Are you gonna be oK? | 你没事吗? |
[1:09:21] | – What do you mean? – In Omaha? | – 什么意思? – 在奥马哈? |
[1:09:26] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:09:30] | It’s better than you’d think. | 比你想象得好 |
[1:09:41] | Ryan Ryan. | |
[1:09:43] | – Ryan. Where are you going? – I’m grabbing another flight. | – Ryan 你去哪? – 我搭另一班飞机 |
[1:09:47] | Something I’ve got to take care of. I’ll see you back at home. | 有点事要处理 回家见 |
[1:10:09] | OK, just walk it in a little. | 好的 走近一点 |
[1:10:13] | A little more. | 再近点 |
[1:10:15] | There you go. Yeah. | 很好 |
[1:10:21] | Got it. | 搞定 |
[1:10:25] | They’re a cute couple. | 他们真可爱 |
[1:10:28] | – You think so? – Yeah, they’ll make cute kids. | – 你这么认为? – 是啊 他们的孩子一定漂亮 |
[1:10:32] | How do you like Wisconsin in February? | 你觉得二月去威斯康辛州怎样? |
[1:10:36] | I like it if you’re there. I know a killer burger in Milwaukee. | 你在那我就喜欢 我知道 密尔瓦基市有家很棒的汉堡店 |
[1:10:40] | Northern Wisconsin. | 北威斯康辛州 |
[1:10:44] | What are you doing this weekend? | 这周末有安排吗? |
[1:10:47] | – No. – What, I haven’t… | – 不会吧 – 什么 我还没… |
[1:10:49] | – You want me to be your date? – Yeah. Yeah. | – 你要我做你的约会对象? – 是啊 是啊 |
[1:10:53] | – At your sister’s wedding? – It’s not like I know her that well. | – 参加你妹妹的婚礼? – 我和她的关系没那么亲 |
[1:10:57] | Look, I’m not the wedding type, right? | 我不是那种结婚型的 好吗? |
[1:11:01] | But for the first time in my life I don’t want to be that guy alone at a bar. | 但有生以来第一次 我不想独自一人坐在酒吧里 |
[1:11:04] | I want a dance partner, I want a “plus one”. | 我想有个舞伴 想要个”另一伴” |
[1:11:06] | And if you can stomach it, I’d like it to be you. | 如果你能接受的话 我希望那个人是你 |
[1:11:35] | Excuse me. Are you available? | 打搅下 你有空吗? |
[1:11:38] | This line’s for members of our Matterhorn Programme. | 这边只对参加”马特洪峰计划”的会员开放 |
[1:11:47] | Hey… Ryan. | 嘿… Ryan |
[1:11:50] | – Hey. – Kara. Hi. | – 嘿 – Kara 嗨 |
[1:11:55] | – Alex, this is my sister Kara. – Hi. | – Alex 这是我姐姐Kara – 嗨 |
[1:11:57] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[1:11:59] | Ryan’s told me nothing about you. | Ryan从来没和我提过你 |
[1:12:04] | So you two are dating? | 你们俩在约会吗? |
[1:12:08] | – Not exactly. – Well, hey, don’t worry about it. | – 不算吧 – 嘿 不用担心 |
[1:12:11] | We’re all getting a little old to be calling someone girlfriend. | 我们这个年龄还叫对方女朋友有点过了 |
[1:12:14] | I remember when mom used to call Jack her boyfriend. God. | 我还记得 妈妈说Jack是她男朋友 上帝啊 |
[1:12:17] | Drove me up the wall. Boyfriends are for kids, right? | 让我撞墙算了 小孩们才叫男朋友 对吧? |
[1:12:22] | So what are you doing at the hotel? | 你在旅馆干吗呢? |
[1:12:25] | Yeah, oK, er… Frank and I are trying out a trial separation. | 呃… 我和Frank正试着分居 |
[1:12:30] | I’m sorry. So you’re not staying at the house? | 抱歉 那么你不在家住了? |
[1:12:32] | No, there was a room on hold here, | 不住了 旅馆有个房间 |
[1:12:34] | so I thought I’d just take it for the weekend. | 所以我周末就过来住 |
[1:12:40] | – So the rehearsal dinner? – Oh, yeah, tonight. I’ll see you two there. | – 婚前晚宴什么时候? – 哦 对 就今晚 到时候见 |
[1:12:47] | Nice digs. | 房间不错嘛 |
[1:12:52] | There’s a packet. | 一本宣传册 |
[1:13:00] | Hey, look who’s here. | 嘿 快看谁来了 |
[1:13:02] | – Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Ryan! – Hey. | – 哦 天那! 哦 天那! Ryan! – 嘿 |
[1:13:11] | – Oh, you must be Alex. – Yes, I am. Hi. How are you? | – 哦 你一定是Alex喽 – 是啊 嗨 你好? |
[1:13:14] | You are so beautiful. Kara was right. | 你真漂亮 Kara说的没错 |
[1:13:19] | Gosh. You look so grown-up. | 老天 你好成熟啊 |
[1:13:23] | I do? You’re the one that’s getting married. | 我吗? 可是快结婚的人是你啊 |
[1:13:26] | Oh, I know, right? | 哦 没错? |
[1:13:29] | Oh. You haven’t even seen my ring. | 哦 你们还没看我的戒指呢 |
[1:13:33] | – Oh, look at that. – Oh, it’s lovely. | – 哦 快看啊 – 哦 真精致 |
[1:13:34] | Jim designed it. | Jim设计的 |
[1:13:37] | Hey, Jim. | 嘿 Jim |
[1:13:41] | – Hey. – How’s it going? | – 嘿 – 过得怎样? |
[1:13:43] | – Hey. I’m Ryan. – Jim. Good to meet you. | – 嘿 我是Ryan – Jim 见到你很高兴 |
[1:13:46] | – Alex. – Pleasure. | – Alex – 很荣幸 |
[1:13:47] | Pleasure. | 很荣幸 |
[1:13:49] | Thank you, guys, for coming. | 谢谢你们的到来 |
[1:13:51] | Brother! | 哥! |
[1:13:55] | – It’s true, though. – Yeah, it’s crazy. | – 真的哦 – 是啊 疯狂 |
[1:13:59] | – I got the pictures you asked me to get. – You can just put them right there. | – 我把你们要的照片带来了 – 贴那里就行了 |
[1:14:05] | Yeah, oK. | 好的 |
[1:14:36] | You got so many up there, I almost didn’t have room. | 那里贴了好多啊 差点找不到地方 |
[1:14:38] | I know. It’s so great, everyone just chipped in. | 是啊 很棒吧 大家都帮忙了 |
[1:14:42] | What gave you the idea to do something so… | 从哪来的灵感 这个主意好… |
[1:14:46] | – Substantial. – Well… | – 有意义 – 呃… |
[1:14:48] | Jim has a lot of our nest egg invested in this real estate venture. | Jim把我们大部分存款都投在了房地产生意上 |
[1:14:53] | Mm-hm. It’s a real estate investment. | 嗯 房产投资 |
[1:14:56] | It’s exciting, but we went over our finances and… | 很兴奋 但是我们算了一下帐发现… |
[1:14:58] | A honeymoon just called, at this state in the game, | 蜜月旅行 在这种情况下 |
[1:15:01] | just doesn’t really seem affordable. | 还真的付不起了 |
[1:15:03] | So, you know, we just thought, | 所以 我们就想 |
[1:15:05] | just because we can’t travel doesn’t mean we can’t have pictures. | 没钱旅行 不代表不能拍照啊 |
[1:15:09] | – I think that’s a fabulous idea. – Yeah, it’s a good one. | – 我觉得这个点子棒极了 – 是啊 很棒 |
[1:15:11] | I mean the concept is turnkey everything. | 我们的理念是一条龙服务 |
[1:15:14] | Ok, you buy a maintenance contract when you get the home. You know, | 好 当你买下房子就等于买了份维修合约 |
[1:15:17] | we’ll whack your weeds, we’ll change your light bulbs, furniture, | 我们替你修剪草坪 换灯泡 还有家具 |
[1:15:20] | you can bring your own or pick one of our beautiful packages. | 你可以用自己的 或者选择我们的精美套装 |
[1:15:23] | – Seamless traditionalism, yet all the perks. – Nice. | – 传承经典 获益无限 – 不错啊 |
[1:15:26] | We all need a place to call our own. This is America. This is who we were promised. | 我们都需要自己的家园 这是美国人的梦想 |
[1:15:32] | – It’s a nice touch – What? | – 画龙点睛 – 什么? |
[1:15:36] | The bit at the end about the promise. I like that part. | 最后”诺言”那句 我喜欢 |
[1:15:38] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[1:15:42] | – You er…you still renting that one-bedroom? – No. I gave it up. | 你 呃… 还租住那一居室呢? – 没 不了 |
[1:15:48] | – So you own now? – No. | – 那么你买下了? – 没 |
[1:15:51] | But you’re looking? | 但是你一直观望着? |
[1:15:53] | No, not really. | 没有 |
[1:15:56] | So you’re just good? | 那你现在很好? |
[1:15:58] | – I’m good. – Well, that’s good. | – 我很好 – 哦 那就好 |
[1:16:01] | Can you believe it’s tomorrow? How are you gonna sleep? | 明天你就结婚了? 今晚怎么能睡着啊? |
[1:16:05] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:16:08] | – Well, do you want some Xanax? – I don’t think that’s for sleeping. | – 要不要吃点阿普唑仑?(性药) – 那不是有助睡眠的吧 |
[1:16:11] | Yeah. No, I think I’ll just have a glass of warm milk. | 恩 不了 我喝杯温牛奶吧 |
[1:16:15] | – That’ll do the trick. – OK. See you tomorrow. | – 那就够了 – 好的 明天见 |
[1:16:20] | There’s another box inside. | 里面还有个箱子 |
[1:16:23] | – I’ll grab it. – You sure? | – 我去拿 – 你确定? |
[1:16:24] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[1:16:35] | – Jim seems like a good guy. – Yeah, isn’t he great? | – Jim看起来很不错啊 – 是啊 很棒吧? |
[1:16:38] | He’s gonna make a great husband. | 他会是个好老公 |
[1:16:43] | You know, Julie, I was thinking, you know, with dad not being here, erm… | Julie 我在想 老爸不在这里 呃… |
[1:16:49] | I was wondering if you had anybody to walk you down the aisle. | 不知道你有没有找到人 和你一起步入婚礼殿堂 |
[1:16:58] | – No, Jim’s uncle is gonna do it. – He’s been really supportive. | – 恩 Jim的叔叔陪我 – 他真的很热心 |
[1:17:03] | He’s been great. | 他是个好人 |
[1:17:04] | Well, good. That’s great. I just wanted to make sure that you… | 呃 很好 非常好 我就是想确定你… |
[1:17:09] | I wanted you to be covered, that’s all. | 我想有人照顾你 就这样 |
[1:17:15] | So, I should be there, what? | 那么 我应该几点到? |
[1:17:17] | The other guests are arriving around five and things get going at five-thirty so… | 宾客们五点到 婚礼五点半开始 所以… |
[1:17:23] | – around then. – OK. | – 那会来吧 – 好的 |
[1:17:28] | Oh. Let me… I’m gonna help you with those. | 哦 让我… 帮你拿吧 |
[1:17:33] | Got it. | 接着了 |
[1:17:35] | It’s OK. It’s OK, it’s OK. | 没事的 没事 没事 |
[1:17:47] | None of that was here. | 以前的都不在了 |
[1:17:50] | This is all new. | 都是新建的 |
[1:18:03] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:18:05] | – Is that all you got? – What? | – 你就这点本事? – 什么? |
[1:18:15] | Give me a boost. | 抬我一下 |
[1:18:19] | Watch… | 小心点… |
[1:18:21] | Hang on. | 等着我 |
[1:18:30] | I took Geography in here. | 我在这上过地理课 |
[1:18:33] | You ever fool around with one of your teachers? | 你有没有和老师乱搞过? |
[1:18:35] | – No. Did you? – No. Not until college. | – 没 你有过? – 没 大学的时候才干这事 |
[1:18:44] | That’s me on the right. | 右边那个是我 |
[1:18:48] | – It’s kinda hard to tell. – You can tell by the eyebrows. | – 不好认啊 – 看眉毛就知道了 |
[1:18:52] | – You played basketball? – I was a point guard. Don’t act so surprised. | – 你打过篮球? – 我可是组织后卫(组织后卫是球队的灵魂) 别吃惊 |
[1:18:57] | I didn’t know you were such a jock. | 没想到你还是篮球队的呢 |
[1:19:00] | That’s me too. | 那也是我 |
[1:19:03] | And that. | 还有那个 |
[1:19:07] | – My first fight. – How’d it go? | – 第一次打架的地方 – 战绩如何? |
[1:19:10] | Got my ass kicked. | 被揍得屁滚尿流 |
[1:19:12] | – This is where we used to go to make out. – Oh, yes. Yeah. This is very romantic. | – 这是我们亲热的地儿 – 哦 是啊 恩 好浪漫 |
[1:19:32] | – I’m really happy I came here. – So am I. | – 我很开心和你一起来这 – 我也是 |
[1:19:43] | It’s Kara. Hi. | 是Kara 嘿 |
[1:19:46] | Ryan, where are you? We’re having a meltdown here. | Ryan 你在哪呢? 出大事了 |
[1:19:49] | What’s going on? What happened? | 怎么了? 出什么事了? |
[1:19:50] | It’s Jim. Can you get back here? We need your help. | 是Jim 你能回来吗? 需要你帮忙 |
[1:19:52] | OK. | 好的 |
[1:19:55] | We gotta go. | 我们得走了 |
[1:20:00] | – I’ll grab your suit. – Thanks. | – 我帮你拿衣服 – 谢谢 |
[1:20:22] | – What happened? – Jim’s got cold feet. | – 发生什么了? – Jim怯场了 |
[1:20:25] | – Today? – Yeah, that’s how cold feet work. | – 今天? – 是的 的确如此 |
[1:20:28] | – What do you want me to do? – Talk to him. | – 你要我做什么呢? – 和他谈谈 |
[1:20:31] | – You want me to talk to him? – Hey, it’s either you or me. | – 你要我和他谈? – 喂 这事儿不是你做就是我做 |
[1:20:34] | You know my track record. I’ve already struck out once. | 你知道我的过去 我已经失败过一次了 |
[1:20:36] | I haven’t been to bat. I haven’t been in the dugout. | 我一点经验的都没有 |
[1:20:39] | Don’t you talk for a living? Motivational-type stuff? | 你不是靠说话谋生的吗? 励志类的? |
[1:20:42] | I tell people how to avoid commitment. | 我告诉人们怎么逃避义务 |
[1:20:44] | What fuck kind of message is that? | 你说的是什么鬼话? |
[1:20:46] | – It’s a philosophy. – It’s stupid. | – 那是生活哲学 – 那太蠢了 |
[1:20:48] | – Hey, it could have helped you. – Ryan. | – 嗨 那也许能帮到你 – Ryan |
[1:20:51] | You haven’t been around much. Fuck… Basically, you don’t exist to us. | 你很少在我们身边 他妈的… 你根本就没出现过 |
[1:20:56] | I know you wanna be there for her. | 我知道你想帮她 |
[1:20:59] | Well, here it is. This is your chance. | 好 现在正是时候 你的机会来了 |
[1:21:24] | Hey. What’s up, Ryan? | 嗨 怎么了 Ryan? |
[1:21:28] | – Jim. – You ever read this before? | – Jim – 你读过这本书吗? |
[1:21:32] | – Yeah, it’s pretty powerful stuff… – I’ll say… | – 读过 那本书很不错… – 我也觉得… |
[1:21:39] | Er… Kara mentioned that you were having some thoughts. | 呃… Kara说你有一些顾虑 |
[1:21:45] | I don’t think I’m going to be able to… er… to do this. | 我想我没法… 呃… 和Kara结婚 |
[1:21:50] | Why would you say that… today? | 你为什么… 今天才说? |
[1:21:54] | Well, last night I was kinda laying in bed and I couldn’t get to sleep. | 嗯 昨天晚上我躺在床上睡不着 |
[1:21:58] | So I started thinking about the wedding and the ceremony, | 我就开始想婚礼 想结婚仪式 |
[1:22:01] | and about our buying a house and moving in together. | 接着我们买房一起生活 |
[1:22:05] | And having a kid, and having another kid and then. | 我们会有一个孩子 然后有第二个 |
[1:22:09] | Christmas and Thanksgiving and spring break. | 圣诞节 感恩节 春假 |
[1:22:11] | Going to football games, and then all of a sudden they’re graduating. | 参加足球比赛 然后转眼他们就要毕业了 |
[1:22:15] | They’re getting jobs, getting married. And, you know, I’m a grandparent. | 要找工作结婚 然后你知道 我就成爷爷了 |
[1:22:19] | And then I’m retired. I’m losing my hair. I’m getting fat. | 然后我退休 脱发 发福 |
[1:22:22] | And then the next thing you know I’m dead. | 再后来 你想 我就死了 |
[1:22:25] | I’m just, like… I can’t stop from thinking, what’s the point? | 我只是 好像… 忍不住去想 那都有什么意义? |
[1:22:32] | I mean, what is the point? | 我是说 意义何在? |
[1:22:35] | – The point? – I mean, what am I starting here? | – 意义? – 我意思是 我这是要干什么? |
[1:22:41] | Jim, it’s… marriage. | Jim 这就是… 婚姻 |
[1:22:45] | It’s one of the most beautiful things on the earth. It’s what people aspire to. | 这是世上最美好的事情之一 每个人都向往 |
[1:22:49] | – You never got married. – That’s true. | – 你都没有结过婚 – 那倒是 |
[1:22:52] | – I mean, you never even tried. – Well, it’s hard to define try. | – 我是说 你甚至都没有尝试过 – 嗯 尝试的定义各有不同 |
[1:22:57] | I don’t know, just you seem happier than all my married friends. | 我不清楚 只是似乎你比我那些已婚的朋友更开心 |
[1:23:03] | Look, Jim, I’m not going to lie to you. Marriage can be a pain in the ass. | 听着 Jim 我不想说谎 婚姻很讨厌 |
[1:23:07] | And you’re right. This all is just stuff that leads to your eventual demise. | 你是对的 这一切是你走向死亡的过程 |
[1:23:12] | – Yes. – And we’re all on running clocks. | – 就是 – 我们都坐在时间的车轮上 |
[1:23:14] | And they can’t be slowed down or paused. | 我们无法放慢或暂停它 |
[1:23:18] | – And… we all end up in the same place. – Yeah. | – 还有… 最终我们的生命都会结束 – 是的 |
[1:23:23] | – There is no point. – There is no point. That’s what I’m saying. | – 没有意义 – 没有意义 这就是我要说的 |
[1:23:32] | You know, er… | 你要知道 呃… |
[1:23:35] | I’m not normally the guy you would talk to about stuff like this. | 我通常不会跟你说这些事情 |
[1:23:42] | If you think about it… | 但你试想下… |
[1:23:46] | Your favourite memories, the most important moments in your life. | 你人生中最珍贵的回忆 最重要的时刻 |
[1:23:50] | Were you alone? | 是独自一人吗? |
[1:23:53] | No, I guess not. | 不 我想不是的 |
[1:23:57] | Come to think of it. | 再想想这个 |
[1:23:59] | Last night, the night before your wedding | 昨晚 婚礼前夜 |
[1:24:01] | when all this shit is swirling around in your head, | 当这些该死的想法萦绕在你的脑海时 |
[1:24:02] | weren’t you guys in separate bedroom? | 你是在单人间里吗? |
[1:24:05] | Yeah, Julie went back to the apartment | 是 Julie回公寓了 |
[1:24:07] | and I was just by myself in the honeymoon suite. | 我呆在蜜月套房里 |
[1:24:10] | – Kinda lonely, huh? – Yes, it was pretty lonely. | – 是不是有点孤单? – 是的 挺孤单 |
[1:24:15] | Life’s better with company. | 所以 有伴侣的人生才更美好 |
[1:24:19] | – Yeah… – Everybody needs a co-pilot. | – 是的… – 每个人都需要有个人扶持 |
[1:24:25] | – That was a nice touch. – Thanks. | – 说的好 – 谢谢 |
[1:24:30] | – So er… what’s the mood like out there? – It’s not good. | – 所以 呃 她在外边心情怎样? – 不好 |
[1:24:35] | – She’s pretty pissed? – Just upset. | – 她是不是很生气? – 就是有点难过 |
[1:24:40] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办? |
[1:24:44] | Go get her. | 去找她 |
[1:25:00] | I’m such a fuck-up. I love you so much. | 我是个混蛋 我那么爱你 |
[1:25:04] | Will you be my co-pilot? | 你愿意陪我共度余生吗? |
[1:25:08] | Yes. Yes. | 愿意 愿意 |
[1:25:16] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[1:27:52] | OK, this is your stop. | 嗯 你到了 |
[1:28:03] | – When am I gonna see you? – You’re just gonna have to come visit. | – 我什么时候能再见到你? – 你过来就行 |
[1:28:07] | Oh… so settled. | 哦… 安顿下来了 |
[1:28:11] | – You’re not gonna change on me, are you? – No. Same guy. Just one address. | – 你会因为我而改变了吧 是吗? – 不 人没变 只多个地址 |
[1:28:18] | This is your final boarding call for Flight 3972 to Chicago. | 飞往芝加哥的3972号航班就要起飞了 |
[1:28:25] | Right. Call me when you get lonely. | 好吧 寂寞的时候给我打电话 |
[1:28:31] | I’m lonely. | 我寂寞了 |
[1:29:05] | Some guy sits in a conference room somewhere | 员工们坐在会议室里 |
[1:29:08] | and our server routes his session to one of our termination engineers. | 我们的服务器会把将他们分配给我们的终结工程师 |
[1:29:11] | “Termination engineers”? Really? | “终结工程师”? 是吗? |
[1:29:13] | I preferred “terminators” but it bumped with Legal. | 我更喜欢”终结者” 但怕引起法律纠纷 |
[1:29:15] | Can’t imagine why. | 难以置信 |
[1:29:17] | The workflow takes them through anything | 工作流程会训练工程师们应付各种被解雇者 |
[1:29:19] | from a standard dismissal to a violent aggressor. | 工作流程会训练工程师们应付各种被解雇者 |
[1:29:21] | What are they doing now, practising? | 他们现在在做什么 练习吗? |
[1:29:23] | Beta testing, role-playing. We go live at the end of the month. | 公开测试 角色扮演 这个月底要投入实际使用 |
[1:29:28] | Kyle, you’re running through the events too quickly. | Kyle 你说的太快了 |
[1:29:30] | Give them time to acknowledge each statement. It’s a legal thing. | 给他们点时间接受你的陈述 这是合法的 |
[1:29:35] | – Ryan? – Mm? Oh. Yeah. There’s more? | – Ryan? – 嗯? 好 还有吗? |
[1:29:45] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[1:29:46] | Legal’s starting to come hard at me on this term “terminate”… | “终止”这个词的合法化让我很难接受… |
[1:30:17] | Life to the power of you! | 活出你的精彩! |
[1:30:30] | Ladies and gentlemen. Put your hands together for today’s challenge speaker, | 先生们 女士们 掌声欢迎今天的演讲挑战者 |
[1:30:33] | Mr Ryan Bingham | Ryan Bingham先生 |
[1:30:37] | Go get ’em. | 好好表现 |
[1:30:49] | Last year I flew 350,000 miles. | 去年 我飞行了35万英里 |
[1:30:53] | The moon is 250. | 地球到月球也就25万英里 |
[1:30:58] | I want you to imagine for a second that you’re carrying a backpack. | 试想下 当你带着行李 |
[1:31:03] | I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders. | 你感受下肩上承受的重量 |
[1:31:07] | You feel ’em? | 感受到了吗? |
[1:31:10] | Now I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life. | 而我想让你们将生命的一切装入行囊 |
[1:31:16] | Start with the little things. The things on shelves and in drawers. | 从小东西开始… 架子上或是抽屉里的 |
[1:31:41] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[1:31:46] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你他妈的在干吗? |
[1:31:48] | Relax. We’ll have your next guest out in one sec. | 稍安勿躁 我们马上有请下一位演讲者 |
[1:32:15] | – Hey, you gotta sign. – OK. | – 嗨 你得签字 – 行 |
[1:32:19] | OK, thank you. | 嗯 谢谢 |
[1:32:24] | Hey, you forgot to give me your Hertz No.1 Gold Card! | 喂 你忘了给我Hertz(美国汽车租赁巨头)的贵宾金卡! |
[1:33:03] | So I was in the neighbourhood. | 我正好在这附近 |
[1:33:20] | – Hey, honey, who’s at the door? – Just somebody who’s lost. | – 亲爱的 谁敲门? – 过路的 他迷路了 |
[1:34:22] | Alex? Alex? | |
[1:34:24] | What were you thinking, showing up at my door like that? | 你在想什么 就这么出现在我家门口? |
[1:34:27] | What do you mean? I wanted to see you. I didn’t know you had a family. | 你什么意思? 我想见你 我不知道你有家庭 |
[1:34:31] | Why didn’t you tell me that? | 你为什么不告诉我? |
[1:34:33] | Sorry I ruined your evening but you could have screwed things up for me. | 很抱歉毁了你的夜晚 但是你也差点毁掉了我的生活 |
[1:34:36] | That’s my family. That’s my real life. | 那是我的家人 我真正的生活 |
[1:34:43] | I thought I was a part of your real life. | 我还以为我们初衷相同呢 |
[1:34:47] | I thought we signed up for the same thing. | 我以为我们想法一致 |
[1:34:51] | Try and help me understand exactly what it is that you signed up for. | 跟我说说你的初衷 |
[1:34:56] | I thought our relationship was perfectly clear. I mean… | 我想我们的关系很明确 我是说… |
[1:35:01] | you are an escape. | 你是我的逃避 |
[1:35:05] | You’re a break from our normal lives, you’re a… | 你是我正常生活的一种调剂 就像… |
[1:35:08] | a parenthesis. | 一段插曲 |
[1:35:13] | I’m a parenthesis? | 我是一段插曲? |
[1:35:15] | I mean… what do you want? | 我是说… 你想要什么? |
[1:35:21] | Tell me what you want. | 告诉我你想要什么 |
[1:35:27] | You don’t even know what you want. | 你根本就不知道你要什么 |
[1:35:30] | Ryan, I’m a grown-up, OK? | Ryan 我是成年人了 好吗? |
[1:35:35] | So if you would like to see me again, then then give me a call. | 如果你还想见我 给我电话 |
[1:35:41] | OK? | 好吗? |
[1:35:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special announcement to make. | 先生们 女士们 下面播放一则特别通告 |
[1:36:01] | Our pilot has just informed me that we are passing over the city of Dubuque, | 机长告诉我 我们将要飞过迪比克市 |
[1:36:06] | which might not mean much to most of you, but means a lot to one of our flyers today. | 也许对大家毫无意义 但对一位乘客却意义非凡 |
[1:36:11] | – Oh, no. – Because he just hit 10 million miles! | – 哦 不要 – 他的飞行里程突破了1000万英里! |
[1:36:20] | – Congratulations. – Such an amazing accomplishment. | – 祝贺你 – 如此惊人的数字 |
[1:36:23] | You must be very excited. | 你一定很激动吧 |
[1:36:26] | – Hi, Captain. – Captain. | – 机长好 – 机长 |
[1:36:29] | That seat taken? | 那个位子有人吗? |
[1:36:31] | No. No. | 没 没有 |
[1:36:39] | You’re the youngest yet to hit 10 mil. | 你是突破1000万英里中最年轻的人 |
[1:36:43] | Don’t know where you found the time. | 不知道你是怎么挤出时间来的 |
[1:36:46] | Yeah. I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:36:55] | Here you go. | 这给你 |
[1:36:58] | Seventh card we’ve made. | 我们制作的第七张卡 |
[1:37:01] | Small club. | 很少人拥有它 |
[1:37:05] | We really appreciate your loyalty. | 我们由衷感谢您的支持 |
[1:37:11] | You know how many times I thought about this moment? | 你知道 我曾多少次梦想这一刻? |
[1:37:17] | Played out the conversation that you and I would have right here. | 幻想着你和我在这里谈话 |
[1:37:20] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:37:24] | What did you want to say? | 那你想说什么? |
[1:37:31] | You know, I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[1:37:36] | That’s all right. It happens to all of us. | 没关系 这很正常 |
[1:37:43] | So where are you from? | 你哪里人? |
[1:37:51] | I’m from here. | 我属于这里 |
[1:38:12] | Hello, Mr Bingham. | 你好 Bingham先生 |
[1:38:15] | How did you know it was me? | 你怎么知道是我? |
[1:38:16] | This is your dedicated line. | 这是您的专线 |
[1:38:18] | We reserve them for our most loyal and appreciated flyers. | 我们为顶级会员提供的 |
[1:38:21] | I’d like to transfer some of my miles. | 我想转换一些我的里程数 |
[1:38:23] | Can I open up an account to Jim and Julie Miller? | 我能否为Jim和Julie Miller开个账户? |
[1:38:27] | Certainly. How many miles would you like to transfer? | 可以 你想转换多少? |
[1:38:30] | How many miles does it take to circle the globe? | 周游世界要多少里程数? |
[1:38:32] | We have our round-the-world tickets. They’re 500,000 miles each. | 我们有周游世界的套票 每张需要50万英里 |
[1:38:36] | – That’d be fine. – Got a second? | – 好的 – 有时间吗? |
[1:38:38] | I’ll call you back. | 我过会儿打给你 |
[1:38:40] | What happened to you yesterday? I was trying to get hold of you. | 你昨天干嘛去了? 我到处找你 |
[1:38:42] | I was some personal stuff. What’s going on? | 处理些私事 怎么了? |
[1:38:46] | Do you remember Karen Barnes, | 你还记得Karen Barnes吗 |
[1:38:49] | part of a 30-person reduction a few weeks back in Wichita? | 几周前 在威奇托市辞掉的30个人之一? |
[1:38:52] | – Natalie fired her. – Fired dozens of people a day. I… | – Natalie解雇了她 – 那天裁了很多人 我… |
[1:38:58] | She killed herself… jumped off a bridge. | 她自杀了… 从桥上跳了下去 |
[1:39:02] | Fuck. | 我靠 |
[1:39:04] | I need to know if you remember any woman that gave you any signals, | 我要知道 那位女士给过你什么暗示 |
[1:39:08] | – depression… – They’re all depressed. We’re firing them. | – 沮丧… – 他们都很沮丧 我们让解雇了他们 |
[1:39:11] | – Hey, I need to ask you this stuff, OK? – No, I don’t remember anything. | – 喂 我要弄清楚 明白? – 不 我什么都不记得了 |
[1:39:17] | You never think that they’re… | 你不会想他们… |
[1:39:21] | You don’t remember any woman that gave you any signals? | 你不记得那个女的给过你暗示? |
[1:39:23] | – Anything at all, Ryan? – No, nothing stands out. | – 一点都没有 Ryan? – 没有 没有什么异常 |
[1:39:30] | – Is Natalie all right? – Natalie quit. | – Natalie正常吗? – Natalie辞职了 |
[1:39:37] | – She quit? – Text message. | – 她辞职了? – 通过短信 |
[1:39:41] | Fucking nice, right? No-one’s got any manners any more. | 不错啊 是吧? 一点礼仪都不讲 |
[1:39:45] | – Did she say where she was going? – No. She was a little upset. | – 她说要去哪儿吗? – 没有 就是看起来有些难过 |
[1:39:51] | I should give her a call. | 我应该给她打个电话 |
[1:39:56] | I need you back in the air. | 我需要你回来 在空中工作 |
[1:40:02] | Hey. Did you hear what I said? I thought you’d be thrilled about that. | 你听到我说的了吗? 我还以为你会很兴奋呢 |
[1:40:05] | It’s fine. What about the videoconferencing? | 没事 那个视频裁人呢? |
[1:40:08] | CTC is going to pause the new media front. They’re gonna give it some more thought. | 付款中心要停止新媒体的投资 他们决定再考虑考虑 |
[1:40:15] | We are gonna get our workhorses back in the air doing what they do best, OK? | 我们要召回我们的老黄牛来重操旧业 可以吗? |
[1:40:20] | How long are you sending me out? | 这次要派我出去多久? |
[1:40:23] | We’re gonna let you sail and sail. You send us a postcard if you ever get there. | 你想去多久都行 到个地方 就给我们寄张明信片 |
[1:40:42] | So what happened? | 发生什么了? |
[1:40:45] | How exactly do you mean? | 这么问什么意思? |
[1:40:48] | You graduated top of your class. | 你是班上的尖子生 |
[1:40:50] | You seemed to have your pick of employment, including here. | 你似乎都做好了职业规划 包括这里 |
[1:40:53] | Instead you went to Omaha to fire people for a living? | 但是你却去了奥马哈 靠裁员为生? |
[1:40:59] | – It’s challenging work. – I’ll say! | – 这是一份有挑战性的工作 – 我也会这么说! |
[1:41:02] | I can’t imagine doing that, day in, day out. | 我无法想象做那种工作 日复一日 |
[1:41:05] | Not in this climate. | 现在不景气 |
[1:41:09] | I followed a boy. | 我为了一个男孩去的 |
[1:41:15] | I guess everybody does that at one point or another. | 我想每个人 都会因为这样或那样的理由 |
[1:41:24] | This guy says I’d be lucky to have you. | 这个人说 能雇到你是种幸运 |
[1:41:26] | To whom it may concern. | 致相关人员 |
[1:41:29] | I can’t even count the number of people I’ve fired in my lifetime. | 我一生中解雇的人不计其数 |
[1:41:32] | So many that I’ve actually forgotten what it’s like to hire somebody. | 以至于我都想不起雇人的感觉 |
[1:41:35] | We’ve never met, but I know you’d be lucky to have Natalie Keener. | 我们未曾相识 但是你聘用Natalie Keener会是一种幸运 |
[1:41:41] | My advice? Take her and don’t look back. | 问我的建议? 聘用她 不要犹豫 |
[1:41:43] | She’ll be the best decision you’ve made in a long time. | 这会是你们的最好选择 |
[1:41:51] | I sure hope he’s right. | 希望他是对的 |
[1:42:04] | Well, I don’t have a lot of hope, | 嗯 我不抱期望 |
[1:42:07] | and I really don’t know when it’s gonna get better. | 也不知道未来是否会好转 |
[1:42:09] | There’s a lot of people unemployed. | 有很多人待业 |
[1:42:12] | And I really don’t know when there’s gonna be light at the end of the tunnel. | 真不知道什么时候才能看到曙光 |
[1:42:17] | I can’t find much to talk about. | 我没什么好说的 |
[1:42:19] | Talk about being proud. I’m proud of my kids. | 要说自豪 我为我的孩子感到自豪 |
[1:42:22] | I think the anger comes from the fact that I just wasn’t needed any more. | 我认为愤怒 因为不再被人需要 |
[1:42:27] | I would say, you know, uh… | 我想说 呃… |
[1:42:29] | without my friends and my family, | 要不是朋友和家人的支持 |
[1:42:32] | I wouldn’t have made it. | 我无法坚持下来 |
[1:42:34] | It would have been a lot tougher if I’d had to make it on my own. | 如果只有我一个人 我想那会举步维艰 |
[1:42:37] | When I wake up in the morning and I look over and I see my wife, | 当我早上醒来 看到妻子 |
[1:42:41] | that gives me the sense of purpose. | 让我鼓起生活的勇气 |
[1:42:44] | It’s not all about the money. Money can keep you warm. | 那并不是钱的问题 钱能让你温暖 |
[1:42:47] | It pays your heating bills. It can buy you a blanket. | 为你付暖气费 为你买毛毯 |
[1:42:53] | But it doesn’t keep you as warm as when my husband holds me. | 但是它远不及我丈夫的怀抱 |
[1:42:57] | Let me get up. Let me get out. Let me find something. | 让我起床 让我出门 让我找活干 |
[1:43:02] | So my kids are my purpose. My family. | 我的孩子和家人给了我决心 |
[1:43:36] | Tonight most people will be welcomed home by jumping dogs and squealing kids. | 今夜人们回家 迎接他们的是欢呼雀跃的小狗和孩子们 |
[1:43:41] | Their spouses will ask about their day and tonight they’ll sleep. | 他们的爱人会嘘寒问暖 然后安然入眠 |
[1:43:46] | The stars will wheel forth from their daytime hiding places. | 斗转星移 夜幕低垂 |
[1:43:52] | And one of those lights, slightly brighter than the rest, | 有一束光 格外耀眼 |
[1:43:55] | will be my wing tip passing over. | 那是我的机翼划过的痕迹 |
[1:46:09] | Hi, Jason. My name is Kevin. And I recently lost my job. | 嗨 Jason 我叫Kevin 我最近失业了 |
[1:46:14] | I wrote this song as sort of a statement about uncertainty | 我写了首歌 来表达我的不确定 |
[1:46:20] | and having a certain amount of anxiety about the future. | 和对未来的焦虑 |
[1:46:24] | So maybe you can use it in your movie. | 希望能够配你的电影 |