时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You have a female attempted suicide? | 你这有位自杀未遂的女患者吗 |
[00:04] | Yeah, she just came in. | 是 才送过来 |
[00:06] | She’s alive, barely. | 她还勉强活着 |
[00:08] | Gas inhalation. | 吸入了燃气 |
[00:09] | We gotta get her to Med right now. | 得马上送她去芝加哥医院 |
[00:11] | Come on, let’s go. | 我们走 |
[00:13] | What is it about? | 你想问什么事 |
[00:14] | We need to be sure theres nothing more going on here. | 我们需要确认没有其他内情 |
[00:18] | That attempted suicide? | 那起自杀未遂案件 |
[00:20] | Dr. Charle- he’s not buying it. | 查尔斯医生不相信 |
[00:22] | What’s not to buy? You heard the report. | 有什么好不信的 你也听到报告了 |
[00:25] | Today, three women, all cancer-free, | 今天三个没有得癌症的女人 |
[00:29] | overdosed on chemo. | 都化疗过度 |
[00:30] | – Clear. – Clear. | -离手 -离手 |
[00:31] | Do you think a doctor’s giving false diagnoses and overdosing? | 你觉得是医生做出错误诊断并且过度化疗 |
[00:35] | The police are on their way. | 警察在来的路上 |
[00:39] | Jessica Pope, Carol Shepperd, Dani Frank. | 杰西卡·波普 卡罗尔·夏佩德 黛妮·弗兰克 |
[00:42] | Each brought independently to Med | 都单独被送进医院 |
[00:44] | with no connection between ’em | 互相之间没有任何联系 |
[00:45] | except an overdose of chemo for a cancer they don’t have. | 只有一点 她们并未患癌症却被过度化疗 |
[00:49] | I wanna know who prescribed that stuff. | 我想知道这是谁干的 |
[00:51] | 51 said that the gas explosion | 51号消防队说 |
[00:53] | in Jessica’s apartment caused a flashover. | 杰西卡公寓的瓦斯爆炸引发了闪燃 |
[00:56] | So there is nothing left but char. | 所以现场都烧焦了 什么都没剩 |
[00:57] | There’s no phone, no laptop, no datebook. | 没有手机 没有笔记本电脑 没有记事本 |
[00:59] | – Nothing. – No doctor’s name. | -什么都没有了 -也不知道医生的名字 |
[01:01] | We talked to Dani Frank’s girlfriend. | 我们和黛妮·弗兰克的女友谈过了 |
[01:03] | They hadn’t been dating that long. | 她们刚在一起不久 |
[01:04] | She didn’t know Dani’s doctor. | 她不认识黛妮的医生 |
[01:06] | But she did say that Dani was doing better | 但她说她本来已经好多了 |
[01:07] | until she took a turn, | 后来情况急转直下 |
[01:09] | and when she confronted her doctor about it | 当她和医生说的时候 |
[01:11] | he put her on an experimental protocol | 他让她签了某种试验协议 |
[01:13] | that was supposed to beat it. | 本应该能治好她 |
[01:16] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断你们 |
[01:17] | A new patient just rolled into the ED. | 又有一个病人被送到急诊 |
[01:19] | Unconscious, pancytopenic just like the others. | 没有意识 全血细胞减少 和她们一样 |
[01:22] | Look, I don’t know if this is legal, | 我不知道这样是不是违法了 |
[01:24] | but, right now, I really don’t care. | 但现在 我真管不了那么多了 |
[01:26] | That’s her stuff. Have at it. | 这是她的东西 尽管查看 |
[01:27] | – Thank you. – All right. | -谢谢 -好的 |
[01:33] | All right, Leah Kamen, 42, lives in Edgewater. | 莉亚·卡曼 42岁 住在滨水区 |
[01:37] | She’s a shift manager at a telemarketing firm. | 是一家电话销售公司的值班经理 |
[01:39] | Insurance card. I’ll call the company, | 医疗保险卡 我去打电话给公司 |
[01:41] | see if they got the name of the doctor | 问问他们有没有提交保险索赔请求的 |
[01:42] | who submitted the claim. | 医生的名字 |
[01:43] | Hey, is there any way to trace the chemicals | 有没有办法追踪到 |
[01:45] | in their system back to a specific manufacturer? | 他们体内药品的具体制造商 |
[01:47] | A mass spectrometry test was performed on Jessica. | 已经对杰西卡进行了质谱分析 |
[01:50] | We can order the same for the others. | 我们可以安排对其他人也做分析 |
[01:51] | There’re only a few manufacturers. | 只有几个制造商 |
[01:53] | – Will you do it, please? – Yep. | -帮忙做一下好吗 -好的 |
[01:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:55] | Uh, Leah has Dani Frank, Carol Shepperd, | 莉亚的手机里有黛妮·弗兰克 卡萝尔·夏佩德 |
[01:59] | and Jessica Pope as contacts on her phone. | 以及杰西卡·波普的联系方式 |
[02:01] | All our victims knew each other. | 我们的受害人互相认识 |
[02:03] | Yeah, looks like that. | 看来是这样 |
[02:05] | Great. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[02:06] | I got a name. Dr. Dean Reybold. | 有了 迪恩·瑞伯德医生 |
[02:19] | Hank. | 汉克 |
[02:22] | Al. | 埃尔 |
[02:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[02:25] | Oh, man… | 天啊… |
[02:27] | Hank. Hank. | 汉克 汉克 |
[02:29] | Hey, you can’t go. | 你不能去 |
[02:32] | The hell I can’t. | 我怎么不能去 |
[02:33] | If you show up, Reybold is gonna shut down. | 如果你去了 瑞伯德就会停手 |
[02:35] | He doesn’t know me. I will take Jay. | 他不认识我 我会带上杰 |
[02:38] | We will find out if he’s the one overdosing these women. | 我们会弄清楚是不是他害了这些人 |
[02:43] | – Al… – We’ll look into the victim | -埃尔 -我们会调查受害者 |
[02:45] | and then talk to Goodwin. | 然后去找古德温 |
[02:47] | Just you and me. Right? | 就我们俩 好吗 |
[02:51] | It’s six years since I’ve heard the name Dean Reybold. | 我已经六年没有听到迪恩·瑞伯德这个名字了 |
[02:55] | Six years since… | 自从六年前… |
[02:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:00] | He was the last cancer doctor Camille went to, | 卡米尔最后去看的癌症医生就是他 |
[03:04] | and if he’s the one doing this– | 如果是他干的… |
[03:06] | If he’s the one doing this, we’re gonna nail him. | 如果是他干的 我们一定把他绳之于法 |
[03:20] | I’m sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[03:22] | Uh, my receptionist said | 前台说你们是 |
[03:23] | you were here about Leah. | 来了解莉亚的情况的 |
[03:25] | Brave woman. | 她很勇敢 |
[03:26] | That’s right, and Dani Frank, Jessica Pope, | 对 还有黛妮·弗兰克 杰西卡·波普 |
[03:29] | and Carol Shepperd as well. | 以及卡罗尔·夏佩德 |
[03:31] | Did something happen to them? | 她们发生什么事了吗 |
[03:32] | In the last 24 hours, they’ve all shown up | 在过去的24小时内 她们都被送到了 |
[03:34] | at Chicago Med flooded with chemo. | 芝加哥医院 都化疗过度 |
[03:38] | Dani’s dead, | 黛妮已经死亡 |
[03:39] | and the other three are in comas. | 其他三人还在昏迷 |
[03:49] | They teach you… a lot about the body in medical school, | 医学院会教你很多人体知识 |
[03:53] | but what they don’t spend enough time on | 但却不怎么教你 |
[03:55] | is teaching you how to deal with loss. | 怎么面对失去 |
[03:58] | You get attached to your patients. | 你和病患是有感情的 |
[04:01] | They’re fighters, and you fight with them, | 他们是斗士 你和他们一起战斗 |
[04:03] | but with oncology, you rarely win. | 但在肿瘤的战场上 你很难获胜 |
[04:05] | So, you treated all of them? | 她们都是你的病人吗 |
[04:08] | I did–I am. | 没错 |
[04:10] | When was the last time you met with these women? | 你最后一次见她们是什么时候 |
[04:13] | I would have to check their files. | 我得查一下文件 |
[04:15] | Do you mind if we take a look at those files? | 介意我们看看吗 |
[04:17] | Uh, I don’t, but the state does. | 我不介意 但州法律不答应 |
[04:20] | I can’t give ’em to you unless you have a warrant, | 没有批准我不能给你们看 |
[04:22] | but the moment you do, they’re yours. | 但一旦你有权查看了 那随便看 |
[04:24] | I will hand them over personally. | 我会拱手相送 |
[04:25] | Why don’t we drop the whole | 别再说什么 |
[04:26] | “I’m a fighter for my patients” act, | “我是病人的斗士”之类的了 |
[04:29] | all right? | 好吗 |
[04:30] | We know you mistreat your patients, | 我们知道你治疗病人不当 |
[04:33] | and we know you did something to these four women. | 也知道你对那四位女性患者做了什么 |
[04:35] | Yes, I helped them. | 没错 我帮了她们 |
[04:37] | By poisoning them? | 通过毒害她们吗 |
[04:38] | That’s what chemotherapy is, Detective. | 这就是化疗的原理 警探 |
[04:41] | You poison cancer cells. | 用药物毒害癌细胞 |
[04:43] | If you don’t understand the most– | 如果你不明白… |
[04:44] | I understand exactly what you did. | 我很明白你在说什么 |
[04:47] | You know what, we’re gonna be back with a warrant. | 知道吗 我们会带着搜查令回来的 |
[04:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:50] | You know I’m happy to help in any way I can. | 很乐意帮助你们 |
[04:56] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢前来 |
[04:57] | A little notice would have been nice. | 下次能提前通知一声吗 |
[04:58] | We’re moving like a bullet train on this one. | 这件案子查得特别急 |
[05:00] | Well you pulled me out of a jerk-off awards banquet, | 不过至少你把我从无聊的颁奖宴会中解救了出来 |
[05:02] | so I can’t complain. | 所以我也没什么好抱怨的 |
[05:04] | Got a locker room I could use to change? | 有地方能让我换件衣服吗 |
[05:06] | Whatever you need, counselor. | 当然 律师 |
[05:16] | Uh, Sarge, is there anything more on the– | 警长 那件事有什么进… |
[05:18] | Burgess, you remember Detective Stark | 伯吉斯 你一定还记得 |
[05:20] | from area central, violent crimes, don’t you? | 中区暴力犯罪科的斯塔克警探吧 |
[05:23] | Lead detective on Roman’s shooting? | 罗曼枪击案的主要负责人 |
[05:26] | Right. It’s good to see you, Detective. | 当然 很高兴见到你 警探 |
[05:29] | I just wanted to say again | 我只想再次说明 |
[05:30] | how useful I can be to your investigation– | 我能对你的调查提供许多帮助… |
[05:32] | Did something change since I took your statement, | 上次给你做完笔录后情况有什么变化吗 |
[05:34] | or did you actually see something? | 还是你确实看见了什么 |
[05:37] | Okay, the victim’s ex-wife said she saw a gun. | 受害者的前妻说她看见了一把枪 |
[05:40] | I mean, there’s evidence of her being beaten with it. | 有证据显示她被人用那把枪殴打过 |
[05:42] | The hospital report’s inconclusive, | 医院的报告并不详尽 |
[05:44] | and Officer Roman underwent | 而且罗曼警官接受了 |
[05:46] | a painful medical procedure to help this woman’s child. | 痛苦的治疗来帮助这个女人的孩子 |
[05:49] | So their relationship is… suspect. | 所以他们的关系让人十分怀疑 |
[05:52] | Okay, what is your agenda here? | 好吧 你到底有什么目的 |
[05:54] | Because from where I’m standing, | 因为在我看来 |
[05:55] | you look like you want to do anything | 你根本没有意思帮助一个 |
[05:57] | but help a jammed-up cop | 跟你戴着一样警徽 |
[05:58] | who wears the same badge as you, Detective. | 如今身陷囫囵的警察同僚 警探 |
[06:00] | I have statements from officers | 我有警察报告表明 |
[06:02] | who canvassed neighbors, yards, and alleys, | 警方搜查了附近邻居 院子和小巷 |
[06:04] | and no gun has been found. | 但都没有发现枪支 |
[06:06] | Stay out of my investigation. | 别来妨碍我的调查 |
[06:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[06:14] | The guy’s a prick. What’s the word? | 那家伙真是混蛋 怎么说 |
[06:17] | I’m on ice till they figure this out. | 他们要我停职 直到弄清事情真相 |
[06:18] | I shouldn’t even be talking to you. | 我甚至连跟你讲话都不行 |
[06:20] | – What can I do? – You heard him. | -我要怎么帮你 -你听到他说的了 |
[06:22] | Nothing. I’ll see you later. | 什么都别做 我们回头见 |
[06:26] | Burgess. | 伯吉斯 |
[06:28] | Burgess. | 伯吉斯 |
[06:29] | Burgess! Get over here. | 伯吉斯 过来 |
[06:32] | – What? – You’re on your own today. | -什么事 -今天就靠你自己了 |
[06:34] | – What? – No partner. No assignment. | -什么 -没有搭档 也没有任务 |
[06:36] | I want you out there patrolling wherever you want, | 你可以去任何你想去的地方巡逻 |
[06:39] | and if that happens to be in a neighborhood | 如果那附近正好 |
[06:41] | where a gun went missing, well… | 丢失了一把枪… |
[06:43] | I don’t know anything about that. | 我什么都不知道 |
[06:46] | Thank you, Sergeant. | 谢谢你 警长 |
[06:52] | We’ll need documents, invoices. | 我们需要文件 收据 |
[06:54] | If the doctor ordered medicine overseas, the source country. | 如果那医生从国外订购了药物 必须弄清来源 |
[06:57] | Every piece of evidence counts. | 任何证据都很重要 |
[06:59] | I need proof that Reybold acted with criminal intent. | 我需要证据表明瑞伯德有犯罪意图 |
[07:02] | I need evidence he knew his actions could result in harm, | 我需要证据表明他知道自己可能会造成伤害 |
[07:06] | but he acted anyway. | 但他还是这么做了 |
[07:07] | Until you have that… no arrests. | 在你们拿到这些之前 不要实施逮捕 |
[07:10] | Is that clear? | 听明白了吗 |
[07:13] | Let’s do it. | 干活吧 |
[07:33] | Antonio, Atwater. | 安东尼奥 阿特沃特 |
[07:46] | Chicago PD! | 芝加哥警察 |
[07:47] | Ma’am, step away from the shredder. | 女士 从碎纸机旁移开 |
[07:49] | I need you to step away from the– | 立刻离开碎纸… |
[07:50] | Come on, come on, come on. Set it down. | 快 放下 |
[07:52] | Set it down. | 把文件放下 |
[07:53] | Sergeant, we’re holding one here | 警长 我们在这发现了一个人 |
[07:55] | shredding documents. | 正在粉碎文件 |
[07:58] | It’s just preemptive. They’re just looking for– | 这只是预防措施 他们要找的是… |
[07:59] | Sergeant. | 警长 |
[08:01] | Where’s the warrant? | 搜查令呢 |
[08:08] | So you came here with a hastily written | 你拿着这么一张草草书写 |
[08:10] | and narrowly defined search warrant to what? | 含糊不清的搜查令来干什么 |
[08:13] | Upset my clients’ patients? | 让我当事人的病人不安吗 |
[08:15] | Your client has been diagnosing patients | 你的当事人一直在将他的病人 |
[08:17] | with cancer they don’t have to fleece them | 误诊为癌症 并让他们接受 |
[08:19] | with treatments they don’t need. | 根本不需要的治疗 |
[08:20] | I’d say he’s the one upsetting them. | 要我说让病人不安的是他 |
[08:22] | This is absurd. | 这太荒谬了 |
[08:23] | I have the highest cure rate in the midwest. | 我有中西部最高的治愈率 |
[08:25] | My patients are every– | 我的病人都非常… |
[08:28] | Dr. Reybold. | 瑞伯德医生 |
[08:30] | Shredding client files. | 销毁病人档案 |
[08:33] | I have nothing to hide, Hank. | 我没什么好隐瞒的 汉克 |
[08:35] | You two know each other? | 你们俩认识吗 |
[08:36] | I treated Sergeant Voight’s late wife. | 博伊特警长的亡妻曾是我的病人 |
[08:39] | Don’t say another word. | 什么都别说了 |
[08:39] | You know who doesn’t shred files? | 知道销毁档案的人是什么人吗 |
[08:43] | Innocent people. | 不清白的人 |
[08:44] | Hank, you know me. | 汉克 你了解我的 |
[08:47] | I held your wife’s hand when she– | 我曾握着你妻子的手 在她… |
[08:48] | Dr. Reybold. | 瑞伯德医生 |
[08:50] | Camille’s death was hard on me too. | 卡米尔的死我也很难接受 |
[08:53] | Don’t you say her name. You hear me? | 不准你提她的名字 知道吗 |
[08:55] | Back up, Sergeant. | 别冲动 警长 |
[08:56] | She was such a fighter. | 她是如此坚强 |
[09:00] | She would not want you to do this. | 她不会希望你这么做的 |
[09:06] | – You’re under arrest. – Hank… | -你被捕了 -汉克 |
[09:08] | – On what grounds? – Obstruction of justice. | -凭什么 -妨碍公务 |
[09:12] | You can pick him up at the 21st. | 你们可以去21区警署保释他 |
[09:13] | – Cuff him. – Get up. | -铐上他 -起来 |
[09:15] | Don’t say anything until I get there, Dean. | 在我到场之前 什么话都别说 迪恩 |
[09:17] | – Hands behind your back. – Shut it down. | -把手放到身后 -把这里查封 |
[09:19] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[10:32] | I told the detective there was a gun. | 我告诉过警探说有枪了 |
[10:36] | I don’t know what more I could do. | 我不知道我还能做什么 |
[10:40] | So that night… | 所以那一晚… |
[10:42] | Ritchie took off on foot after Roman shot him, | 在罗曼朝他开枪后 里奇是步行离开的 |
[10:46] | but no car registered to him was found here the next day. | 但第二天这里没有发现注册在他名下的车辆 |
[10:49] | So I checked with uber. He doesn’t have an account. | 我查过优步 他没有注册过账户 |
[10:51] | No cabs came here, | 这里也没有出租车 |
[10:53] | and his monthly el pass doesn’t have him on it all day. | 他的公交卡也没有带在身上 |
[10:57] | So…I’m wondering, | 所以…我在想 |
[10:59] | did, maybe, somebody drive him here? | 是不是谁开车送他来的 |
[11:04] | Denny. | 丹尼 |
[11:05] | Ritchie’s brother. | 里奇的弟弟 |
[11:07] | Ritchie had a couple DUIs and had his license yanked. | 里奇有过几次醉驾 驾照被吊销了 |
[11:10] | So, Denny, he drove him around. | 所以都是丹尼开车送他 |
[11:12] | Okay, do you think that Denny could have | 好 你觉得丹尼会不会 |
[11:13] | stayed when he came here? | 来了这里之后就等着 |
[11:15] | Waited for Ritchie to come out? | 等里奇出来 |
[11:17] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[11:18] | Denny’s–he’s a good guy. | 丹尼 他是个好人 |
[11:22] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:25] | Just–just that… | 就…就是… |
[11:29] | Is there anything else I should know, Callie? | 你还有什么需要告诉我的吗 卡莉 |
[11:32] | No. | 没有 |
[11:48] | You know, I don’t know if you remember, | 我不知道你是不是还记得 |
[11:51] | but when Camille used to see you in your office– | 以前卡米尔去你办公室就诊的时候 |
[11:55] | And this is… | 这… |
[11:58] | When she was at her lowest from the pain of chemo– | 当她被化疗折磨得痛不欲生时… |
[12:03] | Well, you’d take her hand | 你会握住她的手 |
[12:06] | and tell her she should just treasure every moment | 告诉她要珍惜人生的每分每秒 |
[12:09] | because life is so fragile. | 因为生命是如此的脆弱 |
[12:26] | You better start enjoying every moment. | 你最好开始享受每分每秒吧 |
[12:42] | Two years ago, | 两年前 |
[12:43] | Dr. Reybold told me I had bone cancer. | 瑞伯德医生告诉我患了骨癌 |
[12:47] | He said it would be tough, | 他说要治好很难 |
[12:49] | but we’d get through it together. | 但我们会共同面对 |
[12:52] | The kind of chemo he gave me, | 他给我施加的化疗 |
[12:55] | it rots your bones. | 让我的骨骼枯朽 |
[12:57] | I couldn’t stay at my job. | 我没办法继续工作 |
[12:59] | I can’t play with my children, | 我不能陪孩子们玩 |
[13:02] | be with my husband. | 不能陪着我的丈夫 |
[13:04] | Dr. Reybold kept reassuring that this chemo was gonna work. | 瑞伯德一直向我保证 化疗会有效果 |
[13:09] | I was alive. It was a miracle. | 我活下来了 真是奇迹 |
[13:13] | A year ago, | 一年前 |
[13:15] | my teeth started falling out. | 我的牙齿开始松动脱落 |
[13:18] | Six months ago, it took my leg. | 六个月前 病魔夺走了我的腿 |
[13:22] | And now you’re telling me it was all for money? | 现在你告诉我 这一切就是为了钱吗 |
[13:48] | – What have you got? – I made you copies | -有什么发现 -我帮你复印了 |
[13:49] | of the patient files we could salvage. | 我们能复原的病历 |
[13:52] | 42 out of 57 patients. All women. | 57名病人中的42人 都是女性 |
[13:54] | All poisoned with chemo they did not need. | 都被她们不需要的化疗荼毒 |
[13:56] | All willing to testify. | 都愿意作证 |
[13:58] | – Is this enough? – For fraud? | -够了吗 -为了诈骗罪吗 |
[14:00] | For homicide. | 杀人罪 |
[14:07] | You want him to stop practicing today? | 你想要他从今天开始不能继续害人 |
[14:09] | I go in front of a special grand jury with fraud charges, | 我会以诈骗的罪名去面见一支特别大陪审团 |
[14:12] | and the Department of Professional Regulations | 而专业法规部会在我那么做的当下 |
[14:13] | will pull his license the minute I do. | 就吊销他的执照 |
[14:16] | And when his lawyer sees what we have, | 等他的律师看到我们掌握的证据 |
[14:18] | he’ll roll. | 他就只能认了 |
[14:20] | Look, you turn up new information after that, | 你们在此之后找到新的证据 |
[14:22] | we can go back for another bite at the apple | 我们可以乘胜追击 |
[14:24] | and use the fraud case as evidence. | 并用诈骗案作为证据 |
[14:27] | Erin… He stops practicing | 艾琳 从我进来的那一刻起 |
[14:30] | the minute I walk in. | 他就没法再害人了 |
[14:35] | How’s your sergeant? | 你的警长现在怎么样 |
[14:40] | He’ll be a lot better with a homicide conviction. | 如果能定他杀人罪 他应该会好受很多 |
[15:04] | Voight. | 博伊特 |
[15:07] | What? | 什么 |
[15:13] | Hey. You made a deal? | 你达成了协议 |
[15:16] | What kind of deal? | 什么协议 |
[15:18] | It’s a year’s license suspension– | 吊销一年执照… |
[15:20] | – Are you kidding me? – Five years probation, | -你在逗我吗 -五年缓刑 |
[15:22] | – $14 million in resti– – No jail time? | -140万… -不坐牢 |
[15:24] | You think these women want to get dragged through a trial? | 你觉得这些女人想卷进庭审案件吗 |
[15:26] | I think those women want justice. | 我觉得这些女人想要的是公正 |
[15:28] | I do! | 我也一样 |
[15:29] | If he loses, he could appeal for years. | 如果他败诉 他可以多年坚持上诉 |
[15:31] | How many of them have that kind of time? | 她们有多少人有这个时间耗下去 |
[15:34] | He didn’t just defraud people, Dana. | 他不仅仅是诈骗 丹娜 |
[15:36] | – He murdered them. – But we can’t prove it. | -他是在谋杀她们 -但我们没办法证明 |
[15:40] | The judge advised us to take this based on the evidence. | 法官建议我们基于证据接受这份协议 |
[15:43] | State’s attorney agreed. | 州检察官也同意 |
[15:44] | Until you get me new evidence… | 在你给我新的证据之前… |
[15:48] | my hands are tied. | 我无能为力 |
[16:06] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[16:13] | Well, at first blush, | 临床上来说 |
[16:14] | clinically, classic psychopath. | 初步判断他是典型的精神变态 |
[16:17] | Prey on the weak. | 折磨弱者 |
[16:19] | All these women are marginalized by age or race | 这些女人都因为年龄或人种被边缘化 |
[16:21] | and physically or emotionally removed from any support. | 生理或心理上孤立无援 |
[16:25] | Well, we know from phone records | 我们从通话记录里得知 |
[16:26] | four of these women knew each other, | 这四位女性相互认识 |
[16:28] | and from there, | 就是在那里 |
[16:29] | we discovered they met in a chat room, | 我们发现她们在一个聊天室认识 |
[16:32] | compared notes. | 比较就医记录 |
[16:33] | They agreed to meet with him, and as best we can tell, | 我们最多只能说 她们同意去见他 |
[16:37] | confront him about his methods. | 找他对质治疗方案 |
[16:40] | So my question is: | 所以我的问题是 |
[16:43] | How could he have managed to pull them in for more rounds | 在她们已经产生怀疑后 他是如何做到 |
[16:45] | if they were already skeptical? | 继续哄骗她们更多次的 |
[16:47] | Cancer diagnosis has so much uncertainty. | 癌症诊断的不确定性非常大 |
[16:50] | People are looking for a guide | 在治疗过程中 |
[16:51] | through the process, | 人们会寻求指引 |
[16:53] | someone they can trust. | 寻找信任之人 |
[16:55] | A savior. | 救世主 |
[16:58] | And if they walked away, what would they have? | 她们除此之外还有什么选择呢 |
[17:00] | Psychopaths control their victims | 精神变态者通过控制受害者 |
[17:02] | to get that charge they crave. | 来获得他们渴望的掌控权 |
[17:04] | Telling a healthy woman she has cancer, | 告诉一个健康女人身患癌症 |
[17:06] | oh, there’s a thrill. | 很刺激 |
[17:07] | Probably where he started. Right? | 他就是这样开始的吧 |
[17:10] | He does that, doesn’t get caught, | 这么做了 又没被抓 |
[17:12] | so he escalates to the next stimulus– | 于是他寻求更大的刺激 |
[17:14] | treating her, becoming her champion. | 治疗她 成为她的救世主 |
[17:16] | I wager heavily we look into this guy’s past, | 我敢打包票 这家伙过去 |
[17:18] | there’s mistreatment by women. | 肯定被女人伤害过 |
[17:21] | Now he flipped it. | 现在他翻身了 |
[17:23] | “I used to be subject. | “我以前受制于人 |
[17:26] | Now I’m God.” | 而如今我是上帝” |
[17:28] | Would you be willing to testify to that? | 你愿意出庭作证吗 |
[17:36] | In order to take the stand, you know, I gotta… | 如果要出庭的话 我得… |
[17:39] | I get fully formed diagnosis, right? | 我得对他进行全面诊断 |
[17:41] | Speak to him directly. | 亲自跟他面谈 |
[17:44] | Well… | 这个… |
[17:45] | He ain’t pleading insanity… | 他不会承认自己是疯子… |
[17:49] | And I promise you | 而且我保证 |
[17:50] | his lawyer’s not gonna let you anywhere near him. | 他的辩护律师不会让你靠近他 |
[17:55] | Dr. Charles–sorry. | 查尔斯医生 抱歉 |
[17:58] | I just wanted to let you know that Jessica Pope… | 我只想过来告诉一声 杰西卡·波普… |
[18:00] | She didn’t make it. | 她没坚持下来 |
[18:03] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[18:14] | The thing about psychopaths… | 变态一般都喜欢 |
[18:18] | love to hear themselves talk. | 自吹自擂 |
[18:30] | – Yeah? – We picked up footage | -什么事 -监控录像显示 |
[18:31] | of your car outside Callie’s house the night of the incident. | 事故那晚 你的车停在卡莉家外面 |
[18:34] | You mean the night your partner killed my brother. | 你是说你搭档杀了我哥那晚吗 |
[18:35] | Yeah, and I know you drove him there. | 对 我知道你开车送的他 |
[18:37] | – So? – So I don’t think you left. | -所以呢 -所以我觉得你没走 |
[18:39] | I think you followed him, and when he bled out | 我认为你跟踪了他 他失血而亡后 |
[18:41] | you took his gun so he’d look innocent. | 你拿走了他的枪 让他看起来是无辜的 |
[18:42] | And because of that, a good police officer is gonna go down for something he didn’t do. | 一个无辜的好警察会因此而含冤入狱 |
[18:45] | You guys are incredible. | 你们这些警察真不可理喻 |
[18:47] | If you have that gun, Denny, | 如果那把枪在你那儿 丹尼 |
[18:48] | you need to turn it over right now. | 你得马上交出来 |
[18:49] | – Otherwise, you’re looking at– – Are you arresting me? | -否则我就会… -逮捕我吗 |
[18:53] | Not yet. | 现在不会 |
[18:54] | I don’t have a gun. | 我没有枪 |
[18:56] | I got nothing more to say to you. | 我跟你无话可说 |
[19:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:11] | You’re that doctor from the news. | 你是新闻报道的那个医生 |
[19:13] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:14] | Dr. Daniel Charles, Chicago Med. | 我是芝加哥医院的丹尼尔·查尔斯医生 |
[19:17] | Man, they sure are going after us these days, aren’t they? | 天 他们最近是盯上我们了啊 |
[19:20] | You out on bail? | 你被保释了吗 |
[19:21] | I mean, why are they even charging you in the first place? | 他们最开始以什么罪逮捕你的 |
[19:24] | Can you explain that to me? | 能给我解释一下吗 |
[19:29] | Must be so hard to distance yourself from cancer patients. | 疏远癌症患者一定很不容易 |
[19:33] | When you got into medicine, | 当你开始从医时 |
[19:34] | did you expect to save everyone’s life? | 你打算救活天下人吗 |
[19:38] | But to lose patients over and over, | 但病人一个个离世 |
[19:41] | watch them get diminished by illness… | 看着他们被病魔夺去生命… |
[19:44] | The U.S. is so far behind. | 美国太落后了 |
[19:46] | I have a series of cocktails that are revolutionary. | 我手上拥有一系列革命性的试验疗法 |
[19:50] | Other doctors don’t approach my methods or my numbers. | 我的方法与实验数据让其他医生都望尘莫及 |
[19:54] | That’s what should be on the news. | 这才该上新闻 |
[19:55] | That should be on the news… | 确实该报道 |
[19:57] | And, of course, I mean, | 当然了 |
[19:58] | they never questioned your therapies, right? | 毕竟她们从没怀疑你的疗法吧 |
[20:00] | I mean, wh– – | 我是说… |
[20:03] | – Did they have a medical degree? – Exactly. | -她们有医学文凭吗 -也是 |
[20:05] | Did they cure cancer? | 她们能治愈癌症吗 |
[20:07] | That shuts ’em up. | 这足以让她们乖乖闭嘴了 |
[20:10] | You know, bottom line, | 最基本的问题是 |
[20:12] | they’re afraid for their lives, | 她们害怕死亡 |
[20:14] | and they come to understand I’m the only one who can save them. | 她们明白只有我才能拯救她们 |
[20:22] | – What a lovely watch. – It’s beautiful, right? | -表真漂亮 -漂亮吧 |
[20:25] | Yeah, I got a guy, | 我认识个人 |
[20:26] | Uh, Howard, on South Wabash. | 霍华德 住在南沃巴什 |
[20:30] | This retails 75,000 easy. | 这表能轻易卖到七万五 |
[20:32] | He gave it to me for 45,000. | 他四万五卖我的 |
[20:36] | If you’re interested I can, uh, give you his info. | 如果你感兴趣 我可以把他的联系方式给你 |
[20:38] | He can hook you up. I mean, look at this thing. | 他能帮你便宜搞到 瞧瞧这表 |
[20:40] | Wow, gorgeous. | 太漂亮了 |
[20:44] | – Really gorgeous. – Yeah. | -真漂亮 -是啊 |
[20:55] | What do you know about the brother? | 你对那个弟弟了解多少 |
[20:57] | – Whose? Ritchie’s? – Yeah. | -里奇的弟弟吗 -对 |
[20:59] | – I didn’t deal with him. – I did some digging. | -不跟他打交道 -我查了一下 |
[21:01] | He has two parking tickets written on Callie’s block. | 他在卡莉家的街区被贴了两张罚单 |
[21:04] | Yeah, he’d drive Ritchie. | 他开车送的里奇 |
[21:05] | When Ritchie was in jail. | 那时里奇还在坐牢 |
[21:07] | Did Denny and Callie have a thing? | 丹尼和卡莉有一腿吗 |
[21:09] | How would I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[21:10] | There’s something going on there. | 这里面有些猫腻 |
[21:11] | She seemed very protective of him. | 她好像很保护他 |
[21:13] | So I’m just trying ?to figure out who to go at next. | 所以我想弄清我接下来要查谁 |
[21:15] | – So Denny took the gun. – Yeah. | -这么说是丹尼拿走了枪 -对 |
[21:17] | If he did, he’d have thrown it in the river. | 如果他拿了 他可能早就扔进河里了 |
[21:19] | Here we are. Same place we started. | 我们又回到起点了 |
[21:22] | That’s defeatist. | 这么说太让人泄气了 |
[21:25] | No, that’s realist. | 不 这是现实 |
[21:27] | This is defeatist. | 我这样才让人泄气 |
[21:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:55] | Hank, I miss Camille. | 汉克 我好想卡米尔 |
[22:05] | I mean, my whole life till I was 14 was Bunny. | 十四岁之前是邦妮在我身边 |
[22:08] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[22:10] | When she was sober. When she wasn’t. | 她时而清醒时而迷乱 |
[22:15] | I didn’t know that moms could be kind. | 我以前都不知道妈妈可以很和蔼 |
[22:20] | Or brave. Or unselfish. | 很勇敢 很无私 |
[22:25] | She didn’t even like me when you first brought me home. | 你刚把我领回家时她都不喜欢我 |
[22:29] | – You remember that? – Yeah. | -你还记得吗 -记得 |
[22:31] | She already had her hands full with Justin, | 本来一个贾斯汀就够她忙了 |
[22:34] | and I showed up and I just doubled her trouble. | 我又出现了 她的麻烦瞬间翻倍 |
[22:39] | We were hellions. | 我们两个就是恶魔 |
[22:45] | I remember this one day I came home… | 我记得有一天我回家 |
[22:48] | Iron Maiden T-shirt, skirt up to here, you know, | 铁娘子的短袖 裙子短到这里 |
[22:51] | and she’s just waiting for me in the living room. | 而她在客厅里等我 |
[22:55] | She has a dress from Marshall Field’s. | 她拿着一条从菲尔德百货买来的裙子 |
[23:01] | She told me that… | 告诉我 |
[23:04] | you saw something in me that was worth sacrificing for, | 你在我身上看到了值得为之牺牲的东西 |
[23:08] | and so she would too, | 她也会看到的 |
[23:12] | and she used her Christmas money to buy me that dress. | 她用圣诞节的钱给我买了那条裙子 |
[23:19] | I have an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[23:21] | Reybold met with our victims | 瑞伯德在被害人死亡或昏迷 |
[23:22] | three weeks before they showed up dead or in comas. | 三个星期之前见过他们 |
[23:25] | You have the accounts receivable for his office? | 你有他办公室的账款记录吗 |
[23:26] | Here and here. | 这里和这里 |
[23:29] | The victims met with Reybold on December 10th, | 十二月十日被害人见了瑞伯德 |
[23:32] | and–there. | 还有…这里 |
[23:35] | December 11th… | 十二月十一日 |
[23:37] | an order came into the office for chemo for each victim. | 办公室就接到了给每个被害人化疗的订单 |
[23:41] | How much? | 多少 |
[23:42] | Twice as much as they got every other time before. | 两倍于他们之前化疗的用量 |
[23:45] | On the 11th? | 十一日吗 |
[23:46] | Wait, ’cause in Reybold’s schedule, | 等等 因为在瑞伯德的行程里 |
[23:48] | he has our victims getting treated | 他在十二月十四日 |
[23:50] | on december 14th, | 治疗过我们的被害人 |
[23:53] | the 16th, | 还有十六日 |
[23:55] | and the 17th. | 十七日 |
[23:57] | And then he had another order for chemo placed | 然后他下了另一个化疗订单 |
[24:01] | December 22nd | 十二月二十二日 |
[24:03] | for three times the usual amount. | 是平常用量的三倍 |
[24:06] | And he’s got them all listed for appointments | 而且在那之后他又立即帮他们 |
[24:08] | right after that. | 做好了预约 |
[24:10] | Wait, what was the last order? | 等等 最后一次订单呢 |
[24:14] | January 2nd. | 一月二日 |
[24:16] | That’s right before they came into Med, | 就在他们进医院之前 |
[24:19] | and it’s seven times the usual amount. | 这次是平常用量的七倍 |
[24:24] | How did he get that past the insurance companies? | 他是怎么通过保险公司那关的 |
[24:28] | They’d never approve seven times the normal amount of chemo. | 他们不可能会同意七倍于常规化疗的用量 |
[24:31] | Did he even bill it to insurance? | 他把清单给保险公司了吗 |
[24:36] | No. | 没有 |
[24:38] | So his office ate the payments? | 所以他的办公室付了这笔费用吗 |
[24:40] | Or he paid for it himself. | 或是他自己掏了腰包 |
[24:43] | If you’re gonna order enough chemo to kill someone, | 如果你订购了能够杀死一个人的化疗药量 |
[24:45] | – that would be murder. – Is this enough? | -那就是谋杀 -这样够了吗 |
[24:49] | His signature on the invoices | 他在发票上的签名 |
[24:51] | proves intent with physical evidence. | 可以作为物证证明杀人动机 |
[24:53] | Keeping it off the books is a cover-up. | 不上报是掩盖罪行 |
[24:55] | If I can get the women from the fraud case to testify | 如果我可以让诈骗案的被害人来作证 |
[24:58] | he dosed them personally… | 是他亲自给她们开药 |
[25:02] | I think we can convince a jury. | 我觉得我们可以说服陪审团 |
[25:04] | That’s all I need to know. | 我只要知道这个就够了 |
[25:06] | Thank you… Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢大家 |
[25:07] | You know, I’ve devoted my whole life to healing, | 我一生都致力于救死扶伤 |
[25:10] | but healing is more than finding the right medication, | 但救死扶伤不仅仅在于找到合适的药物 |
[25:12] | 妇女健康改革 庆功宴 | |
[25:13] | more than establishing the right treatment program. | 不仅仅在于确立正确的治疗方案 |
[25:17] | No, it’s connecting | 而且更是要与我们的患者 |
[25:18] | with our patients wholly and never giving up, | 建立强有力的连系 永不放弃 |
[25:21] | making them believe that ?a full recovery is possible too. | 让他们相信 完全康复也是有可能的 |
[25:24] | Yeah, is that how it went with Jessica Pope? | 是吗 杰西卡·波普也是这样吗 |
[25:26] | What about Dani Frank? Carol Shepperd? | 黛妮·弗兰克呢 卡罗尔·夏佩德呢 |
[25:29] | – Back off. – Leah Kamen? | -让开 -莉亚·卡曼呢 |
[25:30] | What about their healing? | 她们怎么没有痊愈 |
[25:32] | I guess they had a different treatment program, huh, doc? | 她们是不是治疗方案不一样啊 医生 |
[25:34] | – Uh, this–this isn’t– – Turn around. | -这 这不是 -转过去 |
[25:36] | You’re under arrest for the murder | 你因对四名患者谋杀 |
[25:38] | and attempted murder of four patients. | 以及谋杀未遂被逮捕 |
[25:42] | That’s not too tight, is it? | 没有太紧吧 |
[25:44] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[25:47] | Party’s over, folks. | 派对结束了 各位 |
[25:52] | These 42 patients already had their day in court, your honor. | 这42名患者已经上过庭了 法官大人 |
[25:55] | Dr. Reybold took a plea and was sentenced. | 瑞伯德医生已经承认有罪 法庭也做出了判决 |
[25:57] | – Case closed. – Except it’s a straight line | -案子已经结了 -但是诈骗和谋杀 |
[26:00] | from the fraud to these murders, and drawing that line– | 是截然不同的罪行 而这… |
[26:02] | Will unnecessarily prejudice the jury. | 会引起陪审团不必要的偏见 |
[26:05] | What happened to the patients in that case | 那件案子里患者的遭遇 |
[26:07] | is irrelevant in the current proceeding. | 与当前的诉讼无关 |
[26:09] | Irrelevant? Because the fraud victims didn’t die | 无关吗 因为诈骗案被害人没死 |
[26:11] | and my victims did? | 而我的被害人死了吗 |
[26:13] | – Your honor– – Pull it back, Ms. Shelby. | -法官大人 -收回这话 谢尔比小姐 |
[26:15] | Dr. Reybold murdered four women to cover up his fraud. | 瑞伯德医生谋杀四名妇女以掩盖自己的诈骗罪 |
[26:18] | The jury needs to hear this | 陪审团需要听到这个 |
[26:20] | so that they can understand the whole story. | 这样他们才能了解整件事 |
[26:21] | But they’ll be unduly prejudiced if they do. | 但他们如果听到了 会有不恰当的偏见 |
[26:24] | The bottom line is: the fraud victims can’t testify. | 总而言之 诈骗案的被害人不可以作证 |
[26:36] | Too prejudicial? Not relevant? | 太过偏见 不相关 |
[26:38] | It was an uphill battle. | 这个案子很难处理 |
[26:40] | So not one of the victims can testify | 所以没有一个被害人可以作证 |
[26:42] | that Reybold dosed our four women personally? | 瑞伯德亲自给这四名女性用药吗 |
[26:45] | Three… | 三名 |
[26:46] | The medical examiner just ruled Jessica Pope’s death a suicide. | 法医刚刚判定杰西卡·波普死于自杀 |
[26:51] | Put me on the stand. | 让我上证人席 |
[26:52] | Why? Do you have cancer? | 为什么 你得了癌症吗 |
[26:53] | I can walk a jury through all of this. | 我可以把整个故事告诉陪审团 |
[26:55] | Sure, then Green will rip you a new one | 好啊 然后格林就会在你伤口上撒盐 |
[26:56] | when she brings up Camille | 重提卡米尔 |
[26:58] | and your motive for going after him. | 以及你死咬他不放的动机 |
[26:59] | I’m the lead investigator on this case. | 我是这件案子的负责人 |
[27:02] | If you don’t put me on the stand, she will, | 就算你不传唤我作证 她也会 |
[27:05] | and you won’t have set the table for it. | 那你就没有机会做充分的准备了 |
[27:07] | Dana. | 丹娜 |
[27:08] | If you go off script one time, | 只要你走错一步 |
[27:11] | you will lose this case for us. | 我们就会输掉这个案子 |
[27:12] | It is too big a risk. | 这个风险太大了 |
[27:13] | I’m putting Erin on to talk about the investigation. | 我安排艾琳陈述调查过程 |
[27:15] | There is no way you are testifying. | 我不会让你上庭作证 |
[27:25] | If Denny’s anything like his brother, | 如果丹尼和他哥哥一样 |
[27:27] | he would have thrown that gun into the river like Roman said. | 他会像罗曼说的 把枪扔进河里 |
[27:29] | Denny’s not like Ritchie though. | 丹尼和里奇不一样 |
[27:31] | He’s had the same job for ten years. | 他同一份工作干了十年 |
[27:33] | I mean, those parking tickets by Callie’s house– | 那些卡莉家门口的罚单 |
[27:35] | only brush with the law he’s ever had. | 是他唯一犯过法的地方 |
[27:37] | I bet my life he took that gun to protect Ritchie– and Callie. | 我打赌他拿走枪是为了保护里奇和卡莉 |
[27:41] | – So go talk to him. – I can’t. | -那就去跟他聊聊 -不行 |
[27:42] | I have been in this guy’s face before. | 我以前惹过他 |
[27:44] | He won’t roll for just me. I mean, I-I need… | 只有我去他不会开口的 我需要… |
[27:47] | something to hold over him or– | 拿什么来压制他 |
[27:48] | I know what you need. | 我知道你需要什么 |
[27:50] | – Wait, what? – Me. | -等等 要什么 -我 |
[27:51] | Bobby, watch the desk. I’m doing some field work. | 鲍比 帮我看着点 我出外勤 |
[27:54] | – Okay. – Are you coming or what? | -好的 -你不来吗 |
[27:56] | Yeah. | 来 |
[28:06] | ‘Sup, Denny? | 你好啊 丹尼 |
[28:08] | This is harassment. | 这是骚扰 |
[28:10] | I’m gonna paint you a picture here, Denny. | 我来帮你分析一下 丹尼 |
[28:12] | You lie to an officer, | 你欺骗警官 |
[28:14] | that’s impeding an investigation. | 这是妨碍调查 |
[28:16] | You make a false statement on the record, | 你伪造证词 |
[28:18] | that’s obstruction of justice. | 这是阻碍执法 |
[28:20] | You keep a gun, | 你私藏枪支 |
[28:21] | that’s withholding evidence in a murder. | 这是隐瞒谋杀案证据 |
[28:24] | You brought your mom? | 你把你妈带来了吗 |
[28:25] | What, ’cause you couldn’t prove I did any of that on your own? | 怎么 因为你自己没法证明是我干的吗 |
[28:27] | We have proof that you drove your inebriated brother | 我们能证明是你把醉酒的哥哥 |
[28:29] | to a residence where he committed aggravated battery, | 送去了他严重殴打别人的地方 |
[28:31] | and then he threatened a police officer, | 他还在那威胁了一名警员 |
[28:33] | which led to his death. | 所以才导致了自己的死亡 |
[28:35] | You know what you can be charged with? | 你知道你会被指控什么罪名吗 |
[28:37] | Accessory to murder. | 协助谋杀 |
[28:38] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[28:39] | You’re just saying things to try and trap me. | 你这么说是想让我上当 |
[28:41] | No, you will be charged | 不 你会作为 |
[28:42] | as an accessory in your own brother’s death. | 你哥哥死亡案的从犯被指控 |
[28:44] | Felony murder. That’s two to five years. | 重罪 能判2到5年 |
[28:46] | And not in county. Stateville. | 而且不是蹲郡监狱 是州监狱 |
[28:49] | Come on, the way I see it, | 行了吧 在我看来 |
[28:50] | you’ve been trying to help everybody else. | 你也是好心想帮助其他人 |
[28:52] | Your brother. Callie. | 你哥哥 卡莉 |
[28:54] | If I were you, I’d start thinking about helping myself. | 如果我是你 我会想着帮帮自己 |
[28:57] | Where’s the gun, Denny? | 枪在哪里 丹尼 |
[29:02] | That gun turns up, the city does nothing for Callie. | 就算枪出现 政府也不会帮卡莉 |
[29:05] | She quit her job to take care of Andrew. | 她辞了职去照顾安德鲁 |
[29:06] | Ritchie left her flat broke. | 里奇让她一贫如洗 |
[29:09] | She deserves better. | 命运对她不公 |
[29:12] | There’s a reward | 警局有悬赏 |
[29:13] | for information leading to the whereabouts of the gun. | 征集涉案枪支下落的线索 |
[29:16] | That reward could… | 奖励形式 |
[29:18] | take the turn of a check made out to anonymous. | 可以变成匿名支票发放 |
[29:21] | If you tell the detective in charge everything you saw– | 如果你向此案的警探坦白你看见的 |
[29:24] | all of it– and that gun turns back up, | 全都说出来 枪又被找到 |
[29:27] | well, that check could end up in the hands of a nice woman. | 或许那支票就能到一位善良女士手上 |
[29:30] | 25,000 dollars’ worth. | 面值2万5千美元 |
[29:33] | And I wouldn’t be charged with anything? | 我不会被指控犯罪吗 |
[29:35] | You’re the grieving brother. | 你才经历了丧兄之痛 |
[29:36] | Why would we charge you with anything? | 我们为什么要指控你 |
[29:44] | In your review of Dr. Reybold’s books, | 在你审阅的瑞伯德医生账簿中 |
[29:47] | you found no evidence he billed any insurance companies | 没发现他向任何保险公司开具账单 |
[29:49] | for these treatments. | 收取治疗费的证据吗 |
[29:51] | No. | 没有 |
[29:52] | Well, who did pay for these treatments? | 那治疗费是谁出的 |
[29:56] | Dr. Reybold himself. From his personal account. | 瑞伯德医生从自己私人账户里出的钱 |
[29:58] | Personal. | 私人账户 |
[29:59] | Which allowed him to overdose patients– | 那他就能毒杀病人… |
[30:01] | – Objection. – Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[30:03] | To overdose patients without raising a red flag | 毒杀病人 而不引起 |
[30:07] | – with the insurance companies. – Yes. | -保险公司疑心 -是 |
[30:10] | No further questions. | 我问完了 |
[30:12] | Could Dr. Reybold have been helping patients | 瑞伯德医生可能是在帮助病人 |
[30:15] | get the care they needed? | 得到需要的治疗吗 |
[30:17] | For instance, if three patients came to him | 比如 有三个病人找到他 |
[30:19] | and said they were having financial difficulties | 说自己没钱治疗 |
[30:22] | but wanted to stay alive… | 却又不想死 |
[30:24] | What kind of doctor might pay for those treatments himself? | 什么医生会自己掏钱治病人 |
[30:28] | A really remarkable one. That’s for sure. | 高尚的医生 毫无疑问 |
[30:34] | Thank you. That’s all. | 谢谢 我问完了 |
[30:37] | My conversation with Dr. Reybold | 我与瑞伯德医生谈过话 |
[30:39] | coupled with a look at his history | 并且研究了他的背景 |
[30:41] | led me to a clear diagnosis of psychopathy. | 这使我得以确诊他为精神变态 |
[30:45] | The psychopathic mind lacks fear, | 精神变态患者缺乏恐惧 |
[30:48] | remorse, empathy. | 悔恨与共鸣感 |
[30:50] | In essence, it can’t connect to or care about others. | 本质上 就是无法交流 不关心他人 |
[30:56] | That’s Dr. Reybold. | 瑞伯德医生正是这样 |
[30:57] | But he’s a doctor. | 但他是个医生 |
[30:59] | Doesn’t that suggest empathy or caring? | 难道不会同情和关心吗 |
[31:01] | Well, you’d be shocked how many functional psychopaths | 全世界生活正常的精神变态人数 |
[31:04] | are in the world, | 会吓你一跳 |
[31:05] | you know, attracted to power, control. | 他们醉心于权力 控制 |
[31:08] | Flaunting his success rates, | 炫耀自己的成就 |
[31:10] | the therapies only he can administer, | 只有他能进行的治疗 |
[31:13] | belittling his patients to keep them under his control. | 蔑视病人 让他们屈服于自己的控制 |
[31:17] | “I’m the one with the medical degree,” | “我才是有医学文凭的人” |
[31:20] | he would say to his patients. | 他会这么跟病人说 |
[31:22] | You know this how? | 你怎么知道的 |
[31:24] | Because he told me. | 因为他告诉我了 |
[31:25] | I renew my objection. This entire conversation– | 我再次反对 这整个对话… |
[31:28] | Was a spontaneous admission that has already been ruled on. | 是已经进行过裁决的自然供词 |
[31:31] | Agreed. Overruled. | 同意 反对无效 |
[31:33] | Continue, Ms. Shelby. | 请继续 谢尔比小姐 |
[31:34] | So Dr. Reybold would ask his patients | 所以瑞伯德医生会询问病人 |
[31:37] | if they had a medical degree? | 是否有医学文凭吗 |
[31:40] | And made sure they knew | 而且让他们牢记 |
[31:42] | he was the only one who could save them. | 他是唯一能救活他们的人 |
[31:45] | Those are actual words from our conversation. | 这些都是我们对话的原话 |
[31:48] | Thank you, Dr. Charles. | 谢谢你 查尔斯医生 |
[31:52] | Well, let’s talk about that conversation. | 那我们就说说那段聊天对话 |
[31:56] | – Was it at your office? – No. | -是在你办公室进行的吗 -不是 |
[31:58] | At the court? Ordered by a judge? | 那是根据法官命令在法院进行的吗 |
[32:01] | Nope. | 不是 |
[32:01] | Did Dr.Reybold know he was being interviewed? | 瑞伯德博士当时知道自己在接受审讯吗 |
[32:04] | As I said before, it was not an interview. | 正如我之前所说 那不是审讯 |
[32:06] | It was two doctors striking up a conversation. | 那是两位医生之间的交谈 |
[32:09] | Where did this conversation take place? | 交谈发生在什么地方 |
[32:11] | In a coffee shop. | 咖啡厅 |
[32:13] | Near your house? | 你家附近吗 |
[32:14] | – No. – Your office? | -不是 -你办公室附近吗 |
[32:16] | No. | 不是 |
[32:17] | In fact, | 实际上 |
[32:18] | it was 8 miles from either of those places. | 那里距离以上两地都有八英里之远 |
[32:23] | Didn’t measure. | 并没有测量过 |
[32:25] | Do you know how many coffee shops | 你知道在你家和办公室之间 |
[32:26] | are between your house or office and there? | 有多少家咖啡厅吗 |
[32:29] | I don’t. | 不知道 |
[32:31] | 37. | 37家 |
[32:32] | 37 other coffee shops, | 还有37家咖啡厅 |
[32:35] | and you rolled into this particular one, | 而你唯独进了这一家 |
[32:38] | two blocks from the defendant’s house? | 距离被告住址两个街区的咖啡厅 |
[32:41] | – To stalk him? – Objection. | -是跟踪他吗 -反对 |
[32:43] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[32:45] | Were you paid by the prosecution for your services, Dr. Charles? | 这次诉讼赢了的话你有佣金可拿吗 查尔斯医生 |
[32:49] | I was not. | 没有 |
[32:50] | You’re an unpaid agent of the police. | 你受雇于警方 但是不要薪酬 |
[32:52] | No one told me to speak with Dr. Reybold. | 没有人让我和瑞伯德医生聊天 |
[32:56] | I walked into that coffee shop | 我走进那家咖啡厅 |
[32:59] | and I saw this… | 看到了… |
[33:02] | doctor… | 这位医生 |
[33:05] | and my curiosity got the best of me. | 于是引发了我的好奇心 |
[33:07] | That works out well for state, doesn’t it? | 真是精彩的陈述啊 是不是 |
[33:09] | Withdrawn. | 请求撤回 |
[33:12] | Ever socialize with members | 你曾和情报组的成员 |
[33:13] | of the Intelligence Unit, Dr. Charles? | 进行过社交吗 查尔斯医生 |
[33:16] | Perhaps at a bar called Molly’s? | 是在一个叫莫利的酒吧 |
[33:18] | – I have. – So they’re friends of yours? | -是的 -所以他们是你的朋友 |
[33:21] | My report on Dr. Reybold is an unbiased analy– | 我对于瑞伯德医生的告发是没有偏见的分… |
[33:24] | That wasn’t the question. | 这不是我问的问题 |
[33:26] | I know them through work | 我因为工作与他们相识 |
[33:28] | and would be very proud to call them my friends. | 能将他们称之为朋友实在是荣幸之至 |
[33:31] | No further questions. | 暂无其他问题 |
[33:40] | Look, get a continuance. My team and I– | 你去申请延期 我的团队和我… |
[33:43] | I already used up my goodwill with this judge. | 这次已经用光了法官对我的青睐 |
[33:46] | Then put Antonio on the stand. | 那就让安东尼奥作证 |
[33:48] | He’ll testify to the paper trail of the money. | 他会为那些款项的书面记录作证 |
[33:50] | The damage has been done. | 损失已经无法挽回 |
[33:51] | They’ll make those payments look like something else. | 他们会对那些支付款项造假 |
[33:53] | Again. | 再一次 |
[33:56] | So tell me what you need to win. | 那告诉我怎样才能打赢官司 |
[34:00] | I need the patients from the fraud case back in. | 我需要诈骗案中的病人过来 |
[34:04] | I need 42 people on a witness stand | 我需要证人席上的42个人 |
[34:06] | to say he dosed them personally | 亲自指证他对他们滥用治疗 |
[34:08] | or any eyewitness | 或者任何目击证人 |
[34:10] | that can put that needle in Reybold’s hand. | 可以证明瑞伯德做过这种事 |
[34:12] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[34:15] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[34:18] | If you put me on the stand. | 只要你让我作证 |
[34:24] | All three victims were in contact with each other, | 这三位受害者都曾互相联络 |
[34:26] | comparing notes. | 比较就医记录 |
[34:27] | We know this from their phone records. | 这是从她们的通话记录中得知的 |
[34:30] | After their December 10th meeting with Dr. Reybold, | 在12月10日与瑞伯德医生的见面之后 |
[34:33] | they agreed to an experimental treatment | 她们同意接受一次实验性的治疗 |
[34:35] | which, in actuality, | 但那实际上 |
[34:37] | was simply twice the usual dose of chemo. | 仅仅是化疗药量变为了原来的两倍 |
[34:41] | The following week, he upped it to three times the amount. | 接下来的一周 他把药量增加到了三倍 |
[34:44] | By the time they wound up in the hospital, | 她们最后出现在医院的时候 |
[34:46] | It was at seven times. | 已经是七倍药量了 |
[34:47] | Because they confronted him about what he did, | 因为她们就他的治疗方案与他对质 |
[34:50] | and he was afraid of being exposed. | 而他害怕暴露 |
[34:52] | Objection. Counsel is testifying. | 反对 辩方律师在作证 |
[34:54] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[34:57] | In your investigation, | 在你的调查中 |
[34:58] | did you find it suspicious | 你有没有发现 |
[35:00] | three patients met with the doctor one day– | 三位病人在同一天与医生见面很可疑呢 |
[35:02] | Objection. | 反对 |
[35:03] | No one knows what transpired in this meeting. | 没有人知道那次见面过程中发生了什么 |
[35:06] | That’s because everyone in that meeting besides Dr. Reybold | 那是因为除了瑞伯德医生之外 当时在场的所有人 |
[35:09] | is dead or in a coma. | 不是死了就是昏迷了 |
[35:11] | – You honor. – One more time, | -法官大人 -又一次 |
[35:12] | and you’re in contempt. | 你在藐视法庭 |
[35:17] | Could the amounts the patients received have been lab mistakes? | 病人接受化疗的药量有没有可能是药房失误 |
[35:21] | No, Dr. Reybold’s signature was on every order. | 不可能 每一张单子上都有瑞伯德医生亲笔签字 |
[35:24] | Well, what about a dosing error? | 那有没有可能是剂量上的失误呢 |
[35:26] | His staffer testified | 瑞伯德医生的职员作证说 |
[35:27] | that Dr. Reybold personally administered those doses. | 瑞伯德医生亲自负责的那些药剂 |
[35:30] | But the staffer cut a deal. | 但那名职员与你们达成了协议 |
[35:32] | That doesn’t mean it wasn’t the truth. | 这并不意味着这不是事实 |
[35:33] | Objection. Improper opinion. | 反对 主张不当 |
[35:36] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[35:37] | What about any other witnesses who– | 那其他目击证人… |
[35:39] | Asked and answered. | 问题已经回答过了 |
[35:40] | Yes, Ms. Shelby, move on. | 是的 谢尔比女士 继续 |
[35:42] | Your honor, someone has to speak for these victims. | 法官大人 得有人为这些受害者发声 |
[35:46] | You don’t speak. You ask questions. | 你不用发声 你问问题 |
[35:49] | And if nobody else saw the doctor dosing– | 如果没有人看到医生用药的剂量… |
[35:50] | Someone else did. | 有人看到了 |
[35:54] | Me. | 我 |
[35:56] | I saw Dr. Reybold dose a patient. | 我见过瑞伯德医生给病人用药 |
[35:59] | My wife. | 给我的妻子 |
[36:02] | I saw Dr. Reybold dose my wife Camille | 我见过瑞伯德医生给我的妻子卡米尔用药 |
[36:05] | who died of cancer under Dr. Reybold’s care | 六年前她在瑞伯德医生的治疗下 |
[36:08] | six years ago. | 死于癌症 |
[36:16] | – Sergeant Voight– – I’m a witness. | -博伊特警长 -我是目击证人 |
[36:18] | I saw him dose a patient. | 我见过他给病人用药 |
[36:23] | The state has no further questions | 对于这位目击证人 |
[36:25] | for this witness. | 暂无其他问题 |
[36:28] | Well, I have a few. | 我有几个问题 |
[36:35] | Losing your wife to cancer | 你妻子因癌症去世 |
[36:37] | must have been very painful, Sergeant. | 你肯定很悲痛 警长 |
[36:43] | Can you talk about your wife’s illness? | 你能说一下你妻子的病情吗 |
[36:52] | Camille was referred to Dr. Reybold | 卡米尔的卵巢癌复发时 |
[36:55] | when her ovarian cancer returned. | 主治医生换成了瑞伯德医生 |
[36:58] | He recommended an aggressive course | 他推荐了一种激进疗法 |
[37:04] | and then a second round when that didn’t get it all. | 第一疗程没起作用 就进行了第二个疗程 |
[37:08] | She was cold all the time… | 她一直浑身冰冷 |
[37:13] | Couldn’t keep food down. | 无法吃东西 |
[37:16] | Memory went in and out. She… | 记忆时有时无 她… |
[37:20] | She was depressed. | 她很抑郁 |
[37:26] | She fought as hard as she could, but… | 她尽力抗争了 但是… |
[37:30] | She sounds brave. | 她很勇敢 |
[37:35] | She was. | 是的 |
[37:39] | You’re still in mourning | 你现在仍然为你妻子的死 |
[37:41] | over your wife’s death. | 感到悲痛 |
[37:44] | Isn’t that what this is about? | 所以你才如此 对吗 |
[37:46] | No. | 不是 |
[37:50] | How gratifying would it be to help convict Dr. Reybold? | 帮忙给瑞伯德医生定罪会让你快意无比吧 |
[37:55] | It would be very gratifying. | 我会非常开心 |
[37:57] | – No further questions. – For all his victims. | -没有问题了 -为了他所有的受害者 |
[37:59] | I said no further questions. | 我说没有问题了 |
[38:00] | You answered exactly as I expected you to. | 你的回答我很满意 |
[38:05] | Redirect? | 再询问 |
[38:08] | What other victims | 博伊特警长 |
[38:11] | are you referring to, Sergeant Voight? | 你指哪些其他受害者 |
[38:13] | Objection. | 反对 |
[38:14] | Ms. Green questioned my witness | 格林小姐质问了我的目击证人 |
[38:16] | about one prior patient, Camille Voight. | 关于之前的一位病人卡米尔·博伊特的事 |
[38:21] | Now she opened the door | 所以我有权询问 |
[38:22] | to the other 42 patients he treated. | 他治疗过的所有42位病人的情况 |
[38:26] | She’s right. Overruled. | 她说得对 反对无效 |
[38:30] | What other victims? | 哪些其他受害者 |
[38:32] | Helen Graham… | 海伦·格雷厄姆 |
[38:35] | Nia Felten… | 尼雅·菲尔顿 |
[38:38] | Priya Parvati… | 普利娅·帕瓦蒂 |
[38:40] | Anne Gamerman… | 安妮·盖默曼 |
[38:43] | and 38 other people | 还有其他38位 |
[38:45] | this doctor diagnosed with cancer they didn’t have | 被这个医生误诊出癌症 |
[38:49] | and treated with chemo they didn’t need. | 并且无缘无故接受化疗的人 |
[38:51] | And how do you know this to be true? | 你怎么知道这是真的 |
[38:53] | Because he said so himself in court under oath. | 因为他在法庭上发誓后自己这么说的 |
[38:56] | – Objection. – Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[38:58] | Continue. | 继续 |
[39:01] | Dr. Reybold confessed | 瑞伯德医生承认 |
[39:04] | to personally poisoning 42 patients, | 亲自毒害了42名病人 |
[39:08] | ruining their lives, | 毁了他们的生活 |
[39:11] | terrifying them and their families, | 让病人及其家属受到了惊吓 |
[39:13] | and he did it all for a payout, | 他这么做就是为了钱 |
[39:15] | and he admitted to all of this | 他也承认这一切 |
[39:17] | as part of a deal he made | 都是他跟伊利诺伊州 |
[39:19] | with the State of Illinois, copping to fraud. | 所订立的诈骗协议的一部分 |
[39:26] | This deal, Sergeant Voight? | 是这份协议吗 博伊特警长 |
[39:29] | That’s the one. | 没错 |
[39:31] | The state would like to enter into evidence | 州政府想提请第111496号案件 |
[39:32] | case number 111 496 | 作为证据 |
[39:35] | and amend its witness list by 42 people. | 并且将案件证人增加至42名 |
[39:56] | They have a verdict. | 裁决结果出来了 |
[39:59] | Hour of deliberation. That’s… | 商议时间真是… |
[40:02] | That’s probably good, right? | 可能是好事 对吧 |
[40:06] | Camille would be proud of you. | 卡米尔会为你骄傲的 |
[40:12] | You too, kiddo. | 也会为你骄傲 孩子 |
[40:16] | On the count of narcotic induced homicide | 对于丹妮尔·弗兰克的 |
[40:18] | of Danielle Frank… | 药物诱导杀人案 |
[40:20] | we find the defendant guilty. | 我们裁定被告有罪 |
[40:23] | On the count of narcotic induced attempted homicide | 对于卡罗尔·夏佩德的 |
[40:25] | of Carol Shepperd… | 药物诱导杀人案 |
[40:27] | we find the defendant guilty. | 我们裁定被告有罪 |
[40:29] | On the count of narcotic induced attempted homicide | 对于利亚·卡门的 |
[40:31] | of Leah Kamen… | 药物诱导杀人案 |
[40:33] | we find the defendant guilty. | 我们裁定被告有罪 |
[40:35] | Defendant is remanded into custody until such time | 宣判听证会举行日期确定前 |
[40:37] | as a sentencing hearing is scheduled. | 被告暂时关押拘留 |
[40:40] | Bailiff. | 法警 |
[40:42] | Hank, your wife did not suffer needlessly. | 汉克 你妻子没有无辜受罪 |
[40:46] | You have to believe me. The cancer did come back. | 你得相信我 她的癌症真的复发了 |
[40:48] | I never harmed Camille. | 我从未伤害过卡米尔 |
[40:49] | These patients, I was their only hope. | 我是那些病人的唯一希望 |
[40:51] | They got years because of me. | 多亏了我他们才能多活几年 |
[40:53] | You can’t put someone away for saving lives. | 我是在救人 你们不能因为这个把我抓起来 |
[40:56] | You can’t! | 你们不能 |
[40:58] | I wasn’t harming them. I was helping them. | 我没有伤害他们 我是在帮助他们 |
[41:00] | Helping! | 帮助他们 |
[41:08] | Look, you’re swimming! You’re swimming! | 快看 你会游泳了 你会游泳了 |
[41:09] | That was so good. Did you see that? | 太厉害了 你看到了吗 |
[41:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:12] | – I’m swimming! – You sure are. | -我会游泳了 -那是当然 |
[41:16] | He’s gonna get you. | 他要追上你了 |
[41:17] | – How did that feel? – Swimming! | -感觉如何 -游泳啦 |
[41:19] | You sure were. He was holding on to my suit. | 当然会了 他在抓着我的泳衣 |
[41:21] | That’s awesome. | 太棒了 |
[41:24] | S S! | |
[41:26] | T T! | |
[41:28] | What’s the T say? | T会说什么来着 |
[41:31] | Good. What’s this letter? | 好棒 这个字母是什么 |
[41:32] | U U | |
[41:34] | You want dad to open a present? Let dad open a present. | 想让爸爸打开礼物吗 让爸爸打开礼物 |
[41:36] | Give it to dad. Give it to dad. | 给爸爸 给爸爸 |
[41:38] | – This is for dad. – Here, mommy, you can fil. | -这个给爸爸 -孩子他妈 你来拍 |
[41:42] | Okay, you gonna help me? | 好 你要来帮我吗 |
[41:45] | – Yeah, I can help you. – Help me. | -好 我来帮你 -来帮我 |
[41:51] | – Hi, honey. – There’s mama. | -亲爱的 -妈妈入镜了 |
[41:53] | – Merry Christmas. – Merry Christmas. | -圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐 |
[41:55] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我爱你 |