时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The night that you left, I kissed Crockett. | 你走的那晚 我亲了克罗特 |
[00:04] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:05] | April? Really? | 艾普尔 真的吗 |
[00:06] | Huh? All this time acting like this? | 一直跟我装朋友 |
[00:09] | – Come on! – Hey! | -来啊 -住手 |
[00:11] | I couldn’t let you keep treating patients. | 我不能让你一直治疗病人 |
[00:13] | I had to make your addiction known. | 我必须要公开你的成瘾史 |
[00:14] | – What you did was a betrayal. – You’re an excellent doctor. | -你这么做是背叛 -你是个出色的医生 |
[00:17] | I wasn’t about to let you throw your life away. | 我不能让你轻易抛弃自己的生活 |
[00:19] | You were right. They gave me my life back. | 你是对的 挽救了我的生活 |
[00:26] | It’s beautiful, Ben. | 这里太美了 本 |
[00:28] | You’re beautiful. | 你才是最美的 |
[00:29] | I pronounce you husband and wife. | 我宣布二位结为夫妻 |
[00:34] | I’ll say it till the day I die: | 我到死也这么说 |
[00:36] | there is no better pizza than Chicago deep dish. | 再没有比芝加哥深盘披萨更好的了 |
[00:38] | But it’s not even pizza. It’s lasagna. | 可是那根本不算披萨 而是千层面 |
[00:41] | We’re gonna have to agree to disagree. | 那就只能求同存异了 |
[00:42] | I will not agree to disagree. | 我才不跟你求同存异 |
[00:44] | No, you are flat wrong. | 你就躺平认错吧 |
[00:46] | Flat. The way that pizza should be. | 平的 才叫披萨 |
[00:50] | Lasagna, huh? | 千层面是吧 |
[00:52] | That’s good. Smart lady. | 挺不错 小姑娘挺聪明 |
[00:53] | No, Dr. Charles, not you too. | 查尔斯医生 你别也这么说啊 |
[00:56] | I don’t know that– that you and Dr. Asher were… | 我倒不知道你和艾什医生是… |
[00:59] | – Friends. – Yeah. | -朋友 -是吗 |
[01:01] | Good. That’s good. | 好 挺好 |
[01:03] | And? | 然后呢 |
[01:04] | And she needs a strong support system right now. | 然后 她现在很需要人支持 |
[01:07] | So I’m glad that she has you as a–as a friend. | 所以我挺高兴有你在她身边 做朋友 |
[01:12] | Look, I get it. | 我懂 |
[01:13] | Romantic relationships are discouraged | 在恢复期的第一年 |
[01:15] | during the first year of recovery. | 不推荐发展感情关系 |
[01:17] | Neurochemically, very little difference between | 从神经化学的角度来讲 |
[01:19] | the dopamine rush that we get from drugs and alcohol | 吸毒和酗酒获得的快感高潮 |
[01:22] | and the rush that we get from romance. | 和谈恋爱没两样 |
[01:25] | Well, you know, I’m sure as with anything, | 我想和世间所有规律一样 |
[01:27] | there are exceptions to the rule. | 一切皆有例外嘛 |
[01:29] | I have never actually seen that go well. | 其实我见过的这类情况从来没有好结果 |
[01:31] | Well, at least not in my, you know, | 至少是在我这三十年 |
[01:33] | three decades of experience counseling people in recovery. | 帮助毒瘾者回复的经历之中没有 |
[01:36] | Next! | 下一位 |
[01:44] | So how are things with Ethan? | 你和伊森怎么样了 |
[01:46] | Okay, I guess. | 还好吧 |
[01:49] | I tried to get him to talk about it, | 我试着想和他谈谈 |
[01:50] | and he hasn’t wanted to. | 但他不想谈 |
[01:51] | Hmm, maybe that’s his way of processing. | 也许这是他消化这件事的方式 |
[01:54] | Yeah. Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[01:58] | Will, you’re up. | 威尔 该你了 |
[01:59] | Ambo’s landed. You’re going to Trauma 2. | 救护车来了 你去二号治疗室 |
[02:01] | All right. | 好 |
[02:05] | Evelyn Myers. 49-year-old female | 伊芙琳·迈尔斯 49岁女性 |
[02:07] | with progressive early-onset Alzheimer’s. | 患有进行性早发阿尔茨海默症 |
[02:09] | Passed out at home. | 在家中昏迷 |
[02:10] | Did a 12-lead in the ambo. She’s got peaked T Waves. | 在救护车上做了12导联 有尖峰状T波 |
[02:12] | And did she hit her head when she passed out? | 她昏倒时磕到头了吗 |
[02:14] | Her daughter, Molly, didn’t think so. | 她女儿莫莉认为没有 |
[02:15] | No overt signs of head trauma. | 头部无明显外伤 |
[02:17] | I’m pretty sure that she didn’t, | 我确定她没伤到头 |
[02:18] | but I was in the other room when it happened. | 但她摔倒时我在别的房间 |
[02:21] | I shouldn’t have left her alone. | 我不该放她一个人 |
[02:23] | Evelyn, I’m Dr. Halstead. | 伊芙琳 我是霍斯特德医生 |
[02:24] | All right, on my count. One, two, three. | 好了听我号令 一 二 三 |
[02:28] | – Thanks, guys. – Yup. | -多谢了 -好 |
[02:33] | Rhonchi, both sides. | 双侧散干罗音 |
[02:35] | Blunted breath sounds at the base. | 肺底部有重呼吸音 |
[02:37] | 2 plus pitting edema. | 2等凹陷水肿 |
[02:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:44] | Molly, is your mom on any medications for kidney disease? | 莫莉 你母亲的肾脏有什么情况吗 |
[02:47] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[02:48] | She takes something called Capto… | 她吃的一种药叫做卡普什么 |
[02:51] | – Captopril? – I think so. | -卡普托利 -好像是 |
[02:53] | Sorry, I’m not with her every day. | 抱歉 我并不是一直陪着她 |
[02:54] | I’m just home for spring break. | 我只是回家过春假 |
[02:55] | Any family history of kidney problems? | 你家有其他人有肾脏病史吗 |
[02:57] | Uh, yeah, yeah. | 有 有的 |
[02:59] | My grandma, my mom’s mom, | 我外婆 我妈妈的母亲 |
[03:01] | she had something wrong with her kidneys. | 她的肾脏似乎也有问题 |
[03:02] | My dad will know what it’s called. | 我爸肯定知道叫什么 |
[03:04] | – CBC, CMP stat. – What’s going on? | -血常规 快速血液生化 -怎么回事 |
[03:07] | Molly, I told you to call me if anything happened with Mom. | 莫莉 我说过你妈有什么事就叫我 |
[03:10] | Sorry, Dad. I just freaked out. | 抱歉爸爸 我慌了神了 |
[03:12] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[03:14] | – Hi, I’m Dr. Halstead. – Elliot. | -你好 我是霍斯特德医生 -我是埃利奥特 |
[03:16] | Elliot, well, we still need labs, | 埃利奥特 我们还得做化验 |
[03:18] | but I suspect Evelyn’s in acute renal failure. | 但我怀疑伊芙琳这是急性肾功能衰竭 |
[03:22] | In which case, she needs emergency dialysis. | 这样的话就需要紧急透析 |
[03:24] | No. No dialysis. | 不 不做透析 |
[03:26] | It’s against Evelyn’s advance directive. | 这违反了伊芙琳的预先指示 |
[03:29] | Don’t listen to him. He lies. | 别听他的 他撒谎 |
[03:32] | Evelyn, honey, you signed an advance directive. | 伊芙琳 亲爱的 你签署了一份预先指示 |
[03:35] | Advance directive? What is that, Dad? | 预先指示是什么 爸爸 |
[03:37] | No, I didn’t sign anything. No. | 不 我什么都没签 没有 |
[03:39] | You don’t want dialysis, my love. | 你不想要透析 亲爱的 |
[03:41] | Yes, I do. I do! | 我想 我真的想 |
[03:44] | Help me! | 救救我 |
[03:57] | Hey, take a look. | 来看看 |
[03:59] | Did you get Mrs. Myers’ lab work back? | 你拿到迈尔斯夫人的化验结果了吗 |
[04:02] | She’s profoundly uremic and hyperkalemic. | 她尿毒症和高血钾症状严重 |
[04:04] | She’s not making urine. | 而且也不排尿 |
[04:06] | If we don’t dialyze her, she’ll die. | 如果不给她透析 她会死的 |
[04:07] | Well, I’ve reviewed her advance directive. | 我看过她的预先指示了 |
[04:09] | She prepared it shortly after her Alzheimer’s diagnosis, | 她在确诊阿尔茨海默症之后就签署了 |
[04:13] | and I’ll tell you, Mrs. Myers outlined | 而且告诉你们 迈尔斯夫人明确列出了 |
[04:16] | a number of interventions she didn’t want including dialysis. | 许多她不希望接受的治疗程序 包括透析 |
[04:20] | And she appointed her husband to be her proxy | 而且她指定了她丈夫作为代理人 |
[04:23] | when she could no longer speak for herself. | 如果她不能表达自己意见的话 |
[04:25] | But she can speak for herself, | 但是她可以表达意见 |
[04:27] | and she has changed her mind. | 而且她改变了主意 |
[04:29] | I mean, people can modify their advanced directives | 患者是可以随时修改 |
[04:31] | at any time, right? | 事前指示的吧 |
[04:32] | As long as they still have decisional capacity. | 只要他们还有决定能力 |
[04:34] | Well, you do an evaluation | 那你先做个评估吧 |
[04:36] | and then we’ll take it from there. | 然后我们再看怎么处理 |
[04:39] | Great. | 好 |
[04:42] | – Sharon? – Yeah. | -莎伦 -我在 |
[04:43] | Your assistant called. Michael’s plane has landed. | 你的助理打来电话 迈克尔的航班降落了 |
[04:45] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[04:47] | It’s silly, I know, but he’s 33 years old. | 我也知道挺傻的 他都33岁了 |
[04:51] | I still get nervous when he flies. | 他坐飞机的时候我还是会紧张 |
[04:54] | I guess I just feel a lot better | 可能我还是希望他 |
[04:57] | when I know he’s got two feet back on the ground. | 能够双脚踏踏实实站在地上吧 |
[05:00] | Well, he’s your baby boy. | 他毕竟是你的宝贝儿子 |
[05:02] | – How long is he in town? – Just 24 hours. | -他能来待多久 -也就24小时 |
[05:04] | Interviewing for a sales job at Kender Bio Systems. | 去肯德生物系统面试销售岗位 |
[05:08] | I would love to have at least one of my kids | 我真的很希望自己能至少有一个孩子 |
[05:10] | living in the city. | 住在城里 |
[05:13] | Need some help over here! | 这里需要帮助 |
[05:16] | This is Nick Elms. | 这是尼克·埃姆斯 |
[05:17] | Experiencing severe abdominal pain. | 腹部有强烈痛感 |
[05:19] | Haven’t finished uploading his information into the system. | 还没有把信息上传到系统 |
[05:22] | I can tell you anything you need to know. | 有什么需要都可以问我 |
[05:23] | I’m his wife, Alice. | 我是他妻子 艾莉丝 |
[05:25] | – Trini, where we headed? – 4’s open. | -特丽妮 我们去哪里 -四号空着 |
[05:27] | Just breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[05:28] | All right, Mr. Elms, we’re gonna take you right here. | 埃姆斯先生 接下来就交给我们吧 |
[05:32] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[05:32] | One, two, three. There you go. | 一 二 三 好的 |
[05:35] | All right. When did the pain start? | 好了 疼痛是什么时候开始的 |
[05:37] | Last night. | 昨晚 |
[05:38] | Nick has a condition called familial adenomatous polyposis. | 尼克得了家族性腺瘤样息肉病 |
[05:42] | It causes polyps in his-colon and rectum. | 会导致他的直肠和结肠长息肉 |
[05:44] | I’m familiar. | 我知道 |
[05:47] | – When was he first diagnosed? – Five years ago. | -他第一次被诊断是什么时候 -五年前 |
[05:50] | It had already developed into colorectal cancer. | 当时已经恶化成了大肠直肠癌 |
[05:53] | He had multiple runs of chemo, | 他做了好几轮化疗 |
[05:55] | but it came back again last year. | 但是去年复发了 |
[05:57] | He developed congestive heart failure from the chemo. | 他因为化疗患上了充血性心力衰竭 |
[06:00] | Nick, can you tell me | 尼克 告诉我 |
[06:00] | when you had your last bowel movement? | 你上次排大便是什么时候 |
[06:02] | Yesterday morning. | 昨天早上 |
[06:04] | No, the day before. | 不对 前天 |
[06:06] | All right, well, we do need a CT scan, | 好的 我们会做一个CT扫描 |
[06:08] | but I’m worried there’s a colonic obstruction. | 但是我担心你发生了结肠梗阻 |
[06:11] | Which means a colostomy, right? | 就是要做结肠造口术对吗 |
[06:14] | My doc warned me that was coming. | 我的医生警告过我会这样 |
[06:15] | Well, it may be short term. | 可能只是短期的 |
[06:17] | In as a little as 12 weeks, they can reverse– | 最短只需要12周 就可以恢复… |
[06:19] | That’s long term for me, Doc. | 那对我来说是长期 医生 |
[06:21] | I got four months left at the most. | 我最多只能活四个月了 |
[06:24] | I really gotta spend it defecating into a bag? | 我真的要四个月都拉在袋子里吗 |
[06:33] | Hey, Mags, can you page general surgery for a consult? | 麦基 能不能帮我联系普外科咨询一下 |
[06:36] | Patient is Nick Elms. | 患者名叫尼克·埃姆斯 |
[06:37] | Late stage colorectal cancer due to FAP. | 家族性腺瘤性息肉病导致直肠癌晚期 |
[06:40] | Suspected colonic obstruction. | 可能出现了结肠梗阻 |
[06:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:44] | Got it. | 好 |
[06:47] | – Hey, Mags. – Mm-hmm? | -麦基 -怎么 |
[06:49] | I can do the consult. | 咨询我来吧 |
[06:51] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[06:52] | I thought you were clocking out. | 你不是要下班了吗 |
[06:54] | Yeah, well, I got nowhere to be till cocktail hour. | 还没到鸡尾酒时间 闲着也是闲着 |
[06:57] | Have at it. | 那你去吧 |
[07:05] | Come in. | 请进 |
[07:07] | Bert. | 伯特 |
[07:09] | What’s up? | 你怎么来了 |
[07:11] | Sorry to show up unannounced. | 抱歉我突然过来 |
[07:13] | I spoke with Michael. | 我跟迈克尔聊过了 |
[07:17] | With him in town, I thought it would be a good opportunity | 趁他来市里 我觉得可以借这个机会 |
[07:20] | to smooth things over with him. | 跟他缓和一下关系 |
[07:22] | Our relationship hasn’t been the best since the divorce. | 离婚之后我们的关系不是很好 |
[07:25] | That’s between you and Michael. | 那是你和迈克尔之间的事 |
[07:27] | I just thought if I told him about us… | 我只是觉得如果告诉他我们的事… |
[07:36] | Uh, told him what exactly? | 你告诉了他什么事 |
[07:39] | Jus that we’ve been seeing each other. | 我只说我们最近在约会 |
[07:44] | I should’ve checked with you first. | 我应该先问问你的 |
[07:47] | Yeah. That would’ve been nice. | 是的 那样会比较体贴 |
[07:50] | And now we’re seeing each other? | 现在我们是在约会的关系吗 |
[07:53] | We’re seeing each other? | 我们在约会吗 |
[07:56] | We go out once a week, Sharon. | 我们一周一起出去一次 莎伦 |
[07:58] | What would you call it? | 不然你打算怎么形容 |
[08:01] | Look, Bert, I don’t have time for this. | 伯特 我现在没时间想这件事 |
[08:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:17] | Babe, what are you doing here? | 宝贝 你怎么来了 |
[08:21] | And who’s your sidekick? | 这位小助手是谁 |
[08:23] | This is Auggie, one of my students. | 他是奥吉 我的一个学生 |
[08:25] | Auggie this is my wife, Ms. Lockwood. | 奥吉 这是我太太 洛克伍德女士 |
[08:28] | Nonsense. You call me Maggie. | 没必要 叫我麦基就行了 |
[08:30] | – Hi, Maggie. – What’s going on, little man? | -麦基 你好 -你怎么了 小家伙 |
[08:34] | Auggie has cirrhosis from something they call | 奥吉因慢性自身免疫性疾病 |
[08:36] | chronic autoimmune… | 患有肝硬化 |
[08:38] | – Autoimmune chronic hepatitis? – Yup, that. | -自身免疫性慢性肝炎 -对 就是这个 |
[08:41] | And when he showed up at school this morning, | 今天早上他来上学的时候 |
[08:43] | he sounded winded. | 听起来有点喘不上气 |
[08:44] | He was running a slight fever as well. | 他也有点发烧 |
[08:47] | All right, little man. | 小家伙 |
[08:48] | Why don’t you come with me, fellas? | 你们跟我来 |
[08:51] | We’re going right here. | 我们来这里 |
[08:53] | Babe, why don’t you help Auggie hop up and grab a seat? | 宝贝 你帮奥吉上去 自己拿把椅子吧 |
[08:58] | All right. | 好的 |
[09:01] | Why don’t you scoot back, Auggie? | 你靠好了吧 奥吉 |
[09:04] | There you go. | 就这样 |
[09:05] | And I am gonna grab you all the fruit snacks you could want. | 我去给你拿好多好多的水果零食 |
[09:10] | I don’t have any money. | 我没钱 |
[09:14] | You’re a very important person, Auggie. | 你可是个重要的大人物 奥吉 |
[09:16] | The fruit snacks are on the house. | 水果零食免费 |
[09:20] | Give me a sec. | 我就回来 |
[09:25] | Earl. | 厄尔 |
[09:28] | Do you mind keeping my friend Auggie company for a sec? | 你能陪我的朋友奥吉待一会吗 |
[09:31] | Oh, no. Not at all. | 没问题 |
[09:33] | Awesome. Auggie, this is Earl. | 太好了 奥吉 这是厄尔 |
[09:35] | He works here. | 他在这工作 |
[09:37] | Hey, big man. | 小伙子 |
[09:40] | All right, buddy, give me some. | 伙计 来碰一下 |
[09:42] | Bop, bam, boom. | 一 二 三 |
[09:45] | Did you get ahold of his parents? | 你联系上他家长了吗 |
[09:46] | Auggie’s in foster care. | 奥吉在寄养系统 |
[09:48] | I haven’t been able to reach his foster mom, Ruth, just yet. | 我还没有和他的养母露丝联系上 |
[09:51] | – But I’ll keep trying. – All right. | -但我会再接着联系的 -好 |
[09:52] | I’ll go get a doctor and some fruit snacks. | 我去找个医生 拿点水果零食过来 |
[09:54] | Oh, babe, did you remember to– | 宝贝 你记得给… |
[09:56] | To call the spa at the resort? | 给度假村的水疗打电话 |
[09:59] | We’re booked for a couples massage | 已经给我们预定了明天早上 |
[10:01] | on the beach tomorrow morning. | 沙滩双人按摩 |
[10:06] | Joy, you fractured your distal fibula. | 乔伊 你把远端腓骨给摔折了 |
[10:08] | It doesn’t require surgery, | 不需要手术 |
[10:09] | but you’ll need to be in a boot for 6-8 weeks. | 但你需要穿保护靴6-8周 |
[10:12] | God I feel like I’m cursed. | 我的天 我感觉我特别倒霉 |
[10:13] | You know, I started this diet two months ago. | 我两个月前开始节食 |
[10:15] | I can’t lose any weight. | 体重根本下不来 |
[10:16] | That’s why I joined the gym. | 于是我去了健身房 |
[10:17] | I thought I had to exercise more. | 我想我得要多运动运动 |
[10:19] | Babe, what happened? | 宝贝 什么情况 |
[10:21] | You passed out on the treadmill? | 你在跑步机上晕倒了 |
[10:23] | Dr. Choi, Nurse Sexton, | 崔医生 塞克斯顿护士 |
[10:24] | this is Max, my fiancé. | 这位是我未婚夫麦克斯 |
[10:26] | I was telling them the reason I joined the gym | 我刚和他们讲我去健身房的原因是 |
[10:28] | is ’cause I was having trouble losing weight. | 因为我无法减肥 |
[10:30] | – You look great. – Max! | -你身材很棒 -麦克斯 |
[10:31] | It’s not about that, right? | 不是因为那个 好吗 |
[10:35] | Now I just wanna get healthier. | 我只是想要更健康一些 |
[10:37] | Well, Joy, there are certain conditions | 乔伊 有些情况会让 |
[10:38] | that could make weight loss difficult, | 减肥更困难 |
[10:39] | but most of them are commonly treatable. | 但多数情况都可以治疗的 |
[10:42] | While you’re here, we can run some tests | 你在这的期间 如果不介意多等一会儿 |
[10:44] | if you don’t mind waiting a bit. | 我们可以做些化验 |
[10:45] | Sounds good. | 好主意 |
[10:46] | April, let’s get a CBC, | 艾普尔 先测一下血常规 |
[10:47] | FSH, TSH, and a cortisol level to start. | 促卵泡激素 促甲状腺激素和皮质醇水平 |
[10:49] | – Okay. – We’ll see you in a bit. | -好 -我们稍后见 |
[10:51] | All right. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[11:05] | Hey Ethan, listen, man, I… | 伊森 听着 我… |
[11:13] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[11:15] | Evelyn definitely does not have decisional capacity. | 伊芙琳绝对没有决策能力 |
[11:18] | I mean, she didn’t understand the treatment being offered | 她不能理解提出的治疗方案 |
[11:21] | or even that she had an issue with her kidneys | 甚至根本都不明白她的肾脏 |
[11:23] | in the first place. | 出了问题 |
[11:26] | Did she seem depressed? Suicidal? | 她看着抑郁吗 有自杀倾向吗 |
[11:28] | No, I wouldn’t say that. | 不 我看没有 |
[11:30] | So, she still possesses the will to live. | 那她仍然有活下去的意愿 |
[11:32] | She just can’t articulate it clearly. | 她只是无法清楚地表达而已 |
[11:34] | Well, except that when she was of sound mind, | 不过她头脑清楚的时候 |
[11:37] | she made it very clear in writing and to her husband– | 她以书面形式向她丈夫明确表示… |
[11:40] | Who she seems highly suspicious of, by the way. | 可反过来 她好像对他很有戒心 |
[11:43] | That’s not uncommon. | 这不罕见 |
[11:44] | I mean, it’s often the primary caregivers | 主要的照顾人 |
[11:46] | that get the brunt of the paranoia in situations like this. | 在这种情况下往往会成为妄想症的主要目标 |
[11:50] | Well, I–I don’t know. | 我… 我也不知道 |
[11:51] | Maybe it’s worth convening an ethics committee then? | 那也许需要召集道德委员会的人开个会吧 |
[11:54] | An ethics committee? | 道德委员会 |
[11:55] | Yeah, just get some other perspectives. | 多方听取意见啊 |
[11:57] | Will, I don’t think that’s necessary. | 威尔 我觉得没必要 |
[11:58] | I gave her a very thorough evaluation. | 我给她做了很全面的评估 |
[12:00] | I’m confident in my assessment. | 对我的判断我很有把握 |
[12:02] | Yeah, but ultimately, it is subjective. | 可到头来 这还是主观的 |
[12:04] | – Your opinion– – That’s right. | -你的意见… -说得对 |
[12:05] | My professional opinion, which is based on– | 我的专业意见 基于… |
[12:07] | Decades of experience. I know. | 数十年经验的意见 我知道 |
[12:09] | That’s right. Decades of experience. | 没错 数十年的经验 |
[12:15] | I’ll see ya. | 回见 |
[12:26] | Why does it look like that? | 为什么是这个样子的 |
[12:27] | Ascites. | 腹水肿 |
[12:29] | Fluid accumulates in the peritoneal cavity. | 腹腔里有积液 |
[12:31] | Can happen in patients with cirrhosis. | 肝硬化的病人是有可能这样的 |
[12:37] | Did you tell Ruth that your belly was hurting this morning? | 今早你告诉露丝你的肚子疼了吗 |
[12:40] | She goes to work before the school bus comes. | 校车来之前她就去上班了 |
[12:42] | Auggie, I’m going to need to do a procedure called paracentesis. | 奥吉 我要做一个叫穿刺术的处理 |
[12:45] | What I’ll do is I’ll insert a needle– | 我要插一根针到… |
[12:47] | A needle into my tummy to get all the bad stuff out. | 一根针到我的肚子里 把坏东西都排出来 |
[12:53] | It’s not so bad, Mr. Campbell. Just sounds scary. | 没那么可怕 坎普尔先生 就是听着吓人 |
[12:58] | So I’ll be performing the abdominal portion | 我会用机器人来对腹部的部分 |
[13:00] | of the surgery robotically, | 进行手术 |
[13:01] | while Dr. Castaneda works endoscopically from below. | 卡斯塔涅达医生则从下面会用内窥镜做 |
[13:04] | Dr. Manning. Perfect timing. | 曼宁医生 来得正好 |
[13:06] | Good morning, Dr. Marcel. Robots and endoscopes? | 早上好马塞尔医生 机器人和内窥镜 |
[13:09] | Doesn’t sound like a colostomy. | 不像是做结肠造口术啊 |
[13:11] | Yeah, Nick and Alice and I were discussing it | 尼克 艾莉丝和我刚在讨论这个 |
[13:14] | and we’re gonna take a different approach. | 我们要换一种不同的方式 |
[13:16] | Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision. | 经肛门全直肠系膜切除术 |
[13:19] | TaTME TaTME. | |
[13:21] | I’m sorry, forgive me. I’m not familiar with it. | 抱歉 请见谅 我对这手术方式不熟 |
[13:23] | I am aware of TME, which is a major surgery. | 我知道结肠全系膜切除 这可是大手术 |
[13:27] | Right, well, this is a new approach | 对 我介绍的是一种新的手术方式 |
[13:29] | that allows for better visualization | 可以在切除直肠下段肿瘤时 |
[13:31] | and removal of tumors in the lower rectum. | 提供更好的视野和切除效果 |
[13:34] | Well, I’m sure you’ve explained the risks | 我相信你已经把手术风险 |
[13:35] | to Nick and Alice. | 向尼克和艾莉丝解释过了 |
[13:36] | I sure have. Yeah? | 我当然解释了 有事吗 |
[13:38] | We’re ready to move Mr. Elms upstairs. | 我们准备好把埃姆斯先生送去楼上手术了 |
[13:40] | Great. All right. | 很好 |
[13:42] | So I’ll see you in a couple hours. | 那我们几个小时后再见 |
[13:44] | – Thanks. Dr. Marcel. – All right. | -谢谢你 马塞尔医生 -没事 |
[13:46] | Alice, I’ll see you. | 艾莉丝 回见 |
[13:51] | – Crockett. – Yeah? | -克罗特 -怎么 |
[13:52] | Why would you suggest a radical surgery | 你为什么向一个终末期癌症患者 |
[13:54] | for a terminal patient? | 建议根治性的手术 |
[13:56] | Even if it’s successful, | 就算手术能成功 |
[13:57] | it is highly unlikely it’s gonna save his life. | 这能挽救他生命的可能性也很小 |
[14:00] | But it could buy him more time | 但这能让他活久一点 |
[14:01] | and a better quality of life. | 而且有更高质量的生活 |
[14:03] | Yeah, if he doesn’t die on the table, | 前提是他不死在手术台上 |
[14:04] | which is a real risk, given his heart problems. | 考虑到他的心脏问题 这风险可不小 |
[14:07] | And I didn’t sugarcoat that risk. | 我也没想过要掩饰这种风险 |
[14:08] | He has seen many surgeons, | 他看过了很多外科医生 |
[14:10] | and none of them have put this option on the table. | 没人给过他这样的选择 |
[14:12] | Yeah, ’cause most of them are gutless, | 对 因为他们几乎都是胆小鬼 |
[14:14] | obsessed with their stats. | 迷恋于自己的手术成功数据 |
[14:15] | Okay, you say gutless. I’d say pragmatic. | 你说他们胆小鬼 我说这叫务实 |
[14:19] | I see us edging towards a semantics debate. | 我看我们这是越吵越向着抠字眼去了 |
[14:21] | I know when I’m out of my depth. | 我可知道这是我的短板 |
[14:29] | Why don’t you just stay with me? | 你为什么不能和我一起住呢 |
[14:31] | No, the company’s putting me up at the Peninsula. | 不用 公司安排我住在半岛酒店 |
[14:33] | Ooh, fancy! They must really want you. | 真下本钱 他们肯定是很想要你这个人 |
[14:41] | So I gotta ask about this nonsense Dad was talking. | 所以我得问问老爸那些胡说八道的话了 |
[14:44] | It’s not for real, right? | 他说的不是真的 对吧 |
[14:49] | Wait, you’re not seriously considering taking Dad back? | 等等 你真的要考虑和他破镜重圆吗 |
[14:51] | Michael. | 迈克尔 |
[14:53] | He — he walked out after 35 years of marriage. | 他 他抛下了一段36年的婚姻 |
[14:56] | Ink was barely dry on the divorce papers | 离婚协议几乎纸墨未干 |
[14:58] | when he started seeing someone else. | 他就已经另寻新欢了 |
[14:59] | Your father and I had a drink. | 你爸爸和我小酌了一杯 |
[15:02] | Maybe he read more into it. | 也许他对此过度解读了 |
[15:06] | So you’re not dating or anything? | 所以你们没在交往什么的吧 |
[15:10] | No. | 没有 |
[15:12] | I figured he was full of it. | 我就知道他是满口瞎说 |
[15:16] | So are we still on for dinner? | 所以我们共进晚餐的计划照旧 |
[15:18] | I got us a reservation at Swift & Sons for seven. | 定了今晚七点斯威夫特和桑斯牛排店的座 |
[15:21] | No, no, no! That’s too expensive! | 不不不 那家店太贵了 |
[15:23] | Only the best for my mom! | 我的妈妈就得吃最好的店 |
[15:27] | And the company’s paying for it. | 再说这顿饭是公司买单 |
[15:36] | Hey, are you busy tonight? | 你今晚忙吗 |
[15:40] | This new Thai place opened up in the neighborhood. | 附近新开了一家泰餐店 |
[15:43] | – Wanna give it a whirl? – Let’s give it a whirl. | -要去尝尝吗 -去尝尝吧 |
[15:47] | Seven-ish? | 七点左右 |
[15:48] | Works for me. | 我没问题 |
[15:56] | Dr. Choi, something’s wrong! | 崔医生 有情况 |
[16:02] | 5 of Ativan. | 打5毫克安定 |
[16:04] | Has Joy ever had a seizure before? | 乔伊之前有过癫痫发作吗 |
[16:05] | No. Never. | 没有 从来没有过 |
[16:07] | Joy? Babe? | 乔伊 亲爱的 |
[16:10] | Well, I thought you said all her labs were normal. | 我记得你说她检查结果都正常的 |
[16:12] | – They were. – Meds are in. | -确实正常 -药打进去了 |
[16:14] | Well, so, is this like an allergic reaction | 所以这像是她对你们给的药物 |
[16:16] | to something you gave her? | 产生了过敏反应吗 |
[16:17] | We only gave her ibuprofen, and she’s had that before. | 我们只用过布洛芬 她之前吃过也没事 |
[16:26] | “TaTME, | “经肛直肠全系膜切除术 |
[16:27] | Innovative Surgery for Rectal Cancer,” | 直肠癌创新手术方式” |
[16:29] | co-authored by Crockett Marcel, M.D. | 论文由马塞尔·克罗特博士合著 |
[16:32] | Oh, you internet stalking me, Manning? | 你是在网上跟踪我吗 曼宁 |
[16:34] | Don’t flatter yourself. | 别自作多情了 |
[16:35] | I found it when I was researching the procedure. | 我是在研究这个手术方式的时候查到的 |
[16:38] | Good for you. | 你研究研究也挺好 |
[16:39] | You spent your lab-year studying the technique. | 你在医学院的科研年就是学习这种手术 |
[16:42] | You did your fellowship in the surgical center | 你的外科实习也是 |
[16:44] | that helped pioneer it. | 在那家帮着推广手术的外科中心完成 |
[16:46] | Which makes me, what? | 这让我 怎么说呢 |
[16:47] | Highly qualified to perform the procedure? | 很有资格去做这类手术 |
[16:49] | No, it makes you biased | 不 这会让你为了职业发展 |
[16:51] | and motivated by professional advancement. | 而心存偏见 另有动机 |
[16:57] | You see what you want to see. Excuse me. | 你只看到了你想看到的 失陪了 |
[17:00] | You are potentially costing Nick | 你这是冒着让尼克 |
[17:02] | the chance to see the birth of his child. | 看不到他孩子出世那一天的风险 |
[17:06] | What, so you can get a shot at performing a complex surgery? | 为了什么 为了能一试这台复杂的手术 |
[17:09] | I answer to my patients, not to you. | 我只需要回答我的病人 不用回答你 |
[17:19] | Sats are down to 85. | 血氧饱和度降到了85% |
[17:21] | Get her on a mask. | 给她上氧气面罩 |
[17:22] | What’s wrong with her? | 她这是怎么了 |
[17:24] | She has fluid in her lungs. Another dose of Lasix. | 她有肺积水 再打一针速尿 |
[17:26] | I gave her 10mg an hour ago. It’s not working. | 我一小时之前就打了10毫克 不见效 |
[17:30] | Just do it. | 照办吧 |
[17:32] | – Where’s your father? – He went to get his coffee. | -你爸爸去哪儿了 -他去拿咖啡了 |
[17:36] | Stats are still dropping. | 血氧饱和度还在下降 |
[17:37] | You have to do something! Help her! | 你得做些什么 救救她 |
[17:39] | Molly, I would need to intubate. | 莫莉 我需要做插管 |
[17:40] | – So do that. – I can’t. | -那就做吧 -不行 |
[17:42] | It’s against your mom’s advanced directive. | 这会违背你母亲的预嘱 |
[17:44] | Mom, you have to listen to me, okay? | 妈妈 你得听我的话 好吗 |
[17:46] | You want the doctor to help you, right? | 你想要医生来帮你对吧 |
[17:50] | Mom, please. | 求你了 妈妈 |
[17:55] | What was that, Mom? | 那是什么意思 妈妈 |
[18:00] | – Molly? – That’s right. | -莫莉 -对 |
[18:02] | It’s me. It’s Molly. | 是我 莫莉 |
[18:03] | She hasn’t called me Molly in months. | 她有好几个月没叫过我莫莉了 |
[18:06] | Evelyn? | 伊芙琳 |
[18:08] | Do you want me to save your life? | 你想让我救你一命吗 |
[18:11] | Yeah, I need a verbal response. | 好 你得说出来 |
[18:13] | Do I have your permission to intubate, to save your life? | 你允许我插管 救你的命吗 |
[18:16] | Yes or no? | 是还是否 |
[18:17] | Yes. | 是 |
[18:18] | Intubation. Give 70 of ketamine. | 插管 注射70毫升氯胺酮 |
[18:21] | Mom, it’s gonna be okay. | 妈妈 你会没事的 |
[18:37] | Okay, I’m in. Bag her. | 好 进去了 上气囊 |
[18:40] | Oh, my God. What the hell did you just do? | 我的天 你刚才到底干了什么 |
[18:51] | I mean, really. This is like déjà vu. | 我是说 真的 感觉似曾相识啊 |
[18:55] | Getting sued didn’t teach you | 被起诉并没有让你明白 |
[18:56] | why you don’t ignore an advance directive? | 为什么不能忽略预先指示 |
[19:00] | Ms. Goodwin, this is a completely different situation. | 古德温女士 现在的情况完全不同 |
[19:02] | I wasn’t ignoring the patient’s wishes, | 我没有忽略病人的指示 |
[19:04] | I was honoring them, | 我是尊重了 |
[19:05] | and her daughter will back me up on that. | 而且她女儿会支持我这么做 |
[19:07] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[19:09] | Peter Kalmick is waiting for you in the board room. | 皮特·考密克在会议室等你 |
[19:11] | Tell him I’ll be right there. | 告诉他我马上过去 |
[19:13] | Excuse me while I attempt to clean up your mess. | 失陪了 我还得收拾你们的烂摊子 |
[19:21] | Dr. Charles, you weren’t there. | 查尔斯医生 你当时不在场 |
[19:22] | Oh, come on, Will. | 拜托 威尔 |
[19:24] | An Alzheimer’s patient has a fluctuation in cognition | 阿尔兹海默症的病人在认知上出现波动 |
[19:27] | doesn’t mean they’ve recovered their decisional capacity. | 并不意味着他们恢复了决策能力 |
[19:31] | I mean, when Evelyn was making her wishes known, | 我是说 当初伊芙琳签署预先指示时 |
[19:32] | she certainly understood that. | 她肯定知道自己要干什么 |
[19:34] | The most important thing she understood | 最重要的是她知道 |
[19:35] | is that eventually this disease | 她的病最终会 |
[19:37] | was going to take everything from her. | 夺走她的一切 |
[19:40] | Signing that piece of paper | 签署那张预先指示是她 |
[19:41] | was her final act of self-determination. | 最后一次自己做决定 |
[19:55] | – Alice. – Dr. Manning. | -艾莉丝 -曼宁医生 |
[19:58] | I was just heading up to pre-op to meet Nick. | 我正要去术前准备的地方见尼克 |
[19:59] | Oh, good. I’m so glad I caught you. | 太好了 很高兴找到你了 |
[20:01] | You know, everything just moved to quickly this morning. | 今天早上一切都来得太快 |
[20:04] | I wanted to make sure that you are onboard with the surgery. | 我想确定一下你同意做这个手术吗 |
[20:07] | I’m not. | 不同意 |
[20:09] | Well, did you tell Nick how you feel? | 你把这个想法告诉尼克了吗 |
[20:11] | I begged him not to do it, | 我求他不要做 |
[20:12] | especially after Dr. Marcel warned us about the risks, | 特别是在马塞尔医生提示了我们那些风险之后 |
[20:15] | but Nick was adamant. | 但尼克很固执 |
[20:17] | He said he wanted to help improve | 他说为了我们的儿子 |
[20:20] | the treatment options for our son, | 他想帮助改善这个治疗方案 |
[20:22] | even if it meant he may not live to see him. | 即使这意味着他可能无法活着见到他 |
[20:26] | Your son. | 你们的儿子 |
[20:27] | He couldn’t inherit the FAP gene. | 他不会遗传家族性腺瘤性息肉病的基因 |
[20:29] | There’s a 50% chance. | 有一半的可能性 |
[20:32] | This pregnancy was a surprise. | 这次怀孕是个惊喜 |
[20:35] | When we found out, all Nick could think about | 我们知道的时候 尼克满脑子都是 |
[20:36] | was our baby’s future, | 我们孩子的未来 |
[20:38] | and doing everything he could | 他千方百计想阻止 |
[20:41] | to prevent our son from facing the same fate. | 我们的儿子面临跟他一样的命运 |
[20:56] | Trini, will you take over for a minute? | 特丽妮 你能接手一下吗 |
[20:57] | I’ll be right back. A word outside? | 我很快就回来 出来聊两句好吗 |
[21:04] | Auggie’s primary physician sent over his medical records. | 奥吉的主治医生把他的病历发过来了 |
[21:06] | Turns out he’s supposed to have paracentesis every two weeks, | 原来他应该每两周做一次穿刺 |
[21:09] | but he hasn’t shown up to his last couple appointments. | 但是他最近几次穿刺预约都没去 |
[21:11] | No wonder his ascites got so bad. | 难怪他的肝腹水这么严重 |
[21:13] | Yeah, I’m calling Child Protective Services. | 对 我要给儿童保护组织打电话 |
[21:15] | Yeah, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second. | 先等等 |
[21:16] | Dr. Lanik, can you please wait until we speak to his caregiver? | 拉尼克医生 能让我们先跟他的监护人谈谈吗 |
[21:20] | Maybe there’s a reasonable explanation. | 也许会有合理的解释 |
[21:22] | I thought she was MIA. | 我以为她失踪了 |
[21:24] | I’m working on trying to reach her. | 我正在努力联系她 |
[21:28] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:28] | You haven’t so for, but if she is not here in the flesh, | 你们现在还没联系到她 但如果她不亲自过来 |
[21:31] | I’m making the call. | 我就会打电话 |
[21:35] | Maybe you don’t want to take care of her anymore. | 也许你不想再照顾她了 |
[21:37] | You know that isn’t true. | 你知道不是这样的 |
[21:38] | You know I’d do anything for your mom. | 你知道我愿意为你妈妈做任何事 |
[21:40] | Then you can’t let her die. I won’t let you! | 你不能让她死 我不会让你这么做的 |
[21:43] | Honey… | 宝贝 |
[21:56] | Ms. Myers? | 迈尔斯女士 |
[21:58] | My name is Sharon Goodwin. | 我叫莎伦·古德温 |
[21:59] | I’m in charge of patient services here at the hospital. | 我负责这家医院的病患服务 |
[22:02] | Yeah, I saw you talking to my dad. | 是的 我看到你跟我爸爸谈过 |
[22:06] | What if I don’t want the doctors | 如果我不希望医生 |
[22:07] | to take out my mom’s breathing tube? | 把我妈妈的呼吸管拿出来呢 |
[22:10] | Would I have to sue my dad? | 我只能起诉我爸爸吗 |
[22:13] | Well… | 这样 |
[22:17] | Before we get into lawgistics, | 在我们诉诸法律之前 |
[22:21] | are you sure you want to do that? | 你确定真的要那么做吗 |
[22:24] | Do you really believe your father isn’t acting | 你真的相信你父亲的行为 |
[22:27] | in your mother’s best interests? | 不是为你母亲着想吗 |
[22:31] | I mean, he loves her. I just… | 他爱她 我只是… |
[22:35] | I don’t want to lose her. | 我不想失去她 |
[22:38] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[22:41] | My mom kept me in the dark about all of this. | 我妈妈一直瞒着我这件事 |
[22:47] | You know, when parents don’t share things with their children, | 如果父母对他们的孩子有所隐瞒 |
[22:54] | it’s usually out of a desire to protect them. | 通常是为了保护他们 |
[22:58] | I suspect your mother knew how painful it would be for you | 我觉得你母亲深知如果你知道这些事 |
[23:02] | to know her wishes. | 会有多痛苦 |
[23:04] | And she didn’t want to place the burden | 而且她不想让你承受 |
[23:07] | of carrying them out on your shoulders. | 执行这些指示的压力 |
[23:13] | She put a lot on my dad’s shoulders. | 她让爸爸承受了所有的压力 |
[23:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:17] | Because she knew he could handle it. | 因为她知道他承受得了 |
[23:19] | But you’re right, it is a lot, | 但你说得对 压力确实很大 |
[23:24] | and he’s going to need you. | 他会需要你的支持 |
[23:26] | You’re going to need each other. | 你们需要互相支持 |
[23:40] | Dr. Marcel, you should be seeing me. | 马塞尔医生 你应该看着我 |
[23:43] | Yup, seeing your sponge now. | 对 现在看到你的海绵垫了 |
[23:47] | Nice to finally meet up. | 很高兴终于见面了 |
[23:49] | Okay, let’s bring the pressure down to 12. | 好 我们把压力降到12 |
[23:52] | Ready to take the rectum out? | 准备好取出直肠了吗 |
[23:53] | You bet. | 那当然 |
[23:55] | Here we go, Nick. | 开始吧 尼克 |
[24:03] | Joy, your seizure was caused | 乔伊 你的癫痫是由 |
[24:05] | by high levels of ammonia in your blood. | 血液中氨含量过高引起的 |
[24:06] | How’d she get ammonia in her blood? | 她血液里怎么会有氨 |
[24:09] | Testing revealed Joy has a urea cycle disorder. | 测试显示乔伊有尿素循环障碍 |
[24:12] | It’s a genetic condition | 这是一种遗传疾病 |
[24:13] | that causes a deficiency in one of the six enzymes | 会导致血液中缺失 |
[24:16] | responsible for removing ammonia from the bloodstream. | 清除氨的六种酶中的一种 |
[24:18] | But if it’s genetic, why was I never diagnosed as a child? | 但如果是遗传的 为什么我小时候诊断不出 |
[24:22] | With milder forms of the disorder, | 症状较轻的患者 |
[24:24] | often undiagnosed until a trigger unmasks it. | 通常在被诱因触发时才会被诊断出来 |
[24:27] | Such as childbirth– | 比如分娩 |
[24:28] | Another possible trigger can be | 另一个可能的诱因是 |
[24:30] | a dramatic increase in protein intake. | 蛋白质摄入量急剧增加 |
[24:32] | Could you be taking in more protein with your new diet? | 可能是你在新的饮食计划中摄入太多蛋白质吗 |
[24:34] | Not really. | 没有 |
[24:35] | I actually cut out red meat and most dairy. | 实际上我还去掉了红肉和大部分奶制品 |
[24:38] | What about protein bars or shakes? | 那蛋白质棒或奶昔呢 |
[24:40] | No. I drink green smoothies. | 没有 我喝绿色奶昔 |
[24:42] | Triggers aside, how do you treat it? | 别管诱因 你们要怎么治疗 |
[24:46] | Well, you’re going to have to be on an enzyme supplement | 你的后半辈子都得 |
[24:48] | for the rest of your life, | 服用酶补充剂 |
[24:49] | and maintain a very low protein diet. | 而且饮食中只能摄入非常低的蛋白质 |
[24:51] | We can manage that. Right, babe? | 我们可以做到 对吗 宝贝 |
[24:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:55] | Joy, just so you understand, | 乔伊 你得明白 |
[24:57] | if you don’t regulate your protein intake, | 如果你不控制蛋白质摄入 |
[24:58] | there can be serious consequences. | 会有很严重的后果 |
[25:01] | – Understood. – Now, even a few high protein meals– | -明白 -即使是一点点高蛋白的食物 |
[25:03] | I said I understand, Dr. Choi. | 我说我明白 崔医生 |
[25:05] | What, do you think because I’m fat I have no self-control? | 怎么 你看我胖所以觉得我没有自制力吗 |
[25:08] | No. Not at all. | 没有 完全没有 |
[25:10] | – I’m just suggesting if protein is the trigger– – Yeah, | -我只是说 如果蛋白质是诱因 -是的 |
[25:12] | and I just told you that it wasn’t. | 我刚才跟你说了不是 |
[25:15] | Dr. Choi, may I speak with you outside, please? | 崔医生 可以出来说几句话吗 |
[25:19] | Excuse us. | 不好意思 |
[25:24] | – What? – You’re so suspicious of Joy. | -怎么了 -你对乔伊过于疑心了 |
[25:26] | I can’t help but wonder if you’re projecting. | 我不禁怀疑你是不是在借题发挥 |
[25:28] | I’m not projecting anything. | 我没有借题发挥 |
[25:30] | The only trigger that makes sense is protein. | 唯一说得通的诱因就是蛋白质 |
[25:32] | So she’s either lying about what she’s eating, | 所以她要么在吃的东西上撒谎了 |
[25:35] | or she’s in denial. | 要么就是拒绝接受现实 |
[25:44] | I am so sorry I missed your calls. | 非常对不起 我没有接到你的电话 |
[25:47] | My manager doesn’t allow us | 我们经理不允许我们 |
[25:48] | to check our messageswhile we’re working. | 工作时查看信息 |
[25:49] | This should never have happened. | 不应该发生这种事 |
[25:52] | We know that Auggie has missed | 我们知道奥吉已经错过了 |
[25:53] | his last two doctor’s appointments. | 最近两次的就医预约 |
[25:55] | And I’m really sorry about that. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[25:57] | I–I do my best to get him there, | 我 我尽最大的努力送他去诊所 |
[26:00] | but the clinic’s 40 miles from my house. | 但诊所离我家六十多公里远 |
[26:02] | I–I don’t have a car, and I can’t always get off of work. | 我 我没有车 而且我不能经常早退 |
[26:06] | Is there someone else that could help out? | 还有其他人可以帮忙吗 |
[26:08] | Maybe a babysitter that could take him? | 或许找个保姆带他去 |
[26:10] | Who’s gonna pay for that? | 谁来付钱呢 |
[26:12] | Ms. Johnson, we’re supposed to report this as neglect. | 琼森女士 我们本该报告这起疏忽事件 |
[26:16] | But if we do that, they might remove Auggie from your home. | 但这样的话 他们可能会把奥吉从你家带走 |
[26:19] | – Maybe you should. – What? | -也许你们应该报告 -什么 |
[26:22] | Maybe you should report it. | 也许你们应该报告上去 |
[26:27] | I love that little boy. | 我爱那个小男孩 |
[26:30] | I love him, but… | 我爱他 但是… |
[26:34] | But it’s too much. | 但是负担太重了 |
[26:36] | It’s too much. | 负担太重了 |
[26:39] | And I can’t. | 我撑不下去了 |
[26:52] | Alice. | 艾莉丝 |
[26:57] | He did well, Alice. Real well. | 他很好 艾莉丝 真的很好 |
[27:00] | You can visit him in the recovery room shortly. | 你很快就可以去康复室去看他 |
[27:03] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[27:21] | So, what happens now? | 现在是什么情况 |
[27:23] | Evelyn’s family is gonna take her home to receive hospice care | 伊芙琳的家人要带她回家接受临终关怀 |
[27:27] | until she dies. | 直到她去世 |
[27:31] | I wasn’t trying to prove you wrong today, | 我今天不是想证明你错了 |
[27:34] | if that’s what you’re thinking. | 如果你是这么想的话 |
[27:37] | Will, I never thought of you as a spiteful person. | 威尔 我从来不觉得你是个心怀恶意的人 |
[27:43] | But we all have a tendency to put blinders on | 但当我们面对自己不想听到的事情时 |
[27:46] | when we’re confronted with things that we don’t wanna hear. | 我们都会倾向于视而不见 |
[28:05] | That’s why we thought it would be better | 所以我们觉得你最好 |
[28:07] | for you go live with another family. | 和另一个家庭一起生活 |
[28:11] | Since she can’t always take you to the doctor when you need it. | 因为她不能在你每次需要看医生时带你过去 |
[28:15] | She doesn’t want you to get sick again, Auggie. | 她不想让你再难受 奥吉 |
[28:19] | I know it’s scary going to live somewhere new. | 我知道去新的地方生活很可怕 |
[28:22] | I’m not scared. | 我不害怕 |
[28:25] | I know why she doesn’t want me. | 我知道她为什么不想要我 |
[28:27] | Oh, sweetie, it’s not that she doesn’t want you. | 亲爱的 不是她不想要你 |
[28:31] | – She just– – No one wants a sick kid. | -她只是 -没人愿意要一个生病的孩子 |
[28:43] | Max, I know Joy wants to be discharged, | 麦克斯 我知道乔伊想出院 |
[28:46] | but this meal plan she’s on, is she adhering to it? | 但这个饮食计划 她能坚持下去吗 |
[28:50] | Yeah. | 能 |
[28:51] | Because her tests results | 因为她的检查结果 |
[28:52] | and what she’s saying, they don’t add up. | 和她所说的并不相符 |
[28:57] | Max… | 麦克斯 |
[28:59] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[29:01] | I have an idea of what’s going on. | 我知道是什么情况 |
[29:04] | Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, | 有时我半夜醒过来 |
[29:07] | and I hear Joy downstairs in the kitchen. | 听见乔伊在楼下厨房 |
[29:11] | And in the morning, there’s food missing | 第二天早上冰箱和食物储藏室里的食物 |
[29:13] | from the fridge and the pantry. | 就会少 |
[29:15] | Have you ever talked to her about it? | 你跟她谈过这件事吗 |
[29:17] | No, I’m guessing she’s real self-conscious. | 没有 我猜她是真的不好意思 |
[29:20] | That’s why she does it after I’m asleep. | 所以才会在我睡着后这么做 |
[29:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:22] | Sounds like she may have a binge-eating disorder. | 她听上去像是得了暴食症 |
[29:25] | I like to bring in psychiatry to come speak with her. | 我建议让精神科介入和她谈话 |
[29:28] | No. | 不行 |
[29:28] | I know her, and an ambush will just humiliate her. | 我了解她 揭穿她只会让她觉得难堪 |
[29:31] | This has to be dealt with now. | 这件事必须立刻解决 |
[29:33] | If she overloads on protein again, it could kill her. | 如果她再过度摄入蛋白质 可能就没命了 |
[29:37] | God. | 上帝 |
[29:38] | Tell you what. I’ll let you speak with Joy first. | 这样吧 我可以让你和乔伊先谈谈 |
[29:43] | Come on. | 加油 |
[29:53] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[29:56] | Joy doesn’t binge in the middle of the night. | 乔伊并没有在夜间暴食 |
[29:59] | I’ve been slipping protein powder in her green smoothies. | 是我一直在她的节食奶昔里掺蛋白粉 |
[30:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:04] | I read protein powder can make you gain weight | 我听说蛋白粉能让人增重 |
[30:06] | by increasing your overall caloric– | 因为它能提高热量摄入 |
[30:08] | Why were you trying to make Joy gain weight? | 你为什么要试着让乔伊增重 |
[30:09] | I wasn’t trying to make her gain weight, | 我没想让她增重 |
[30:10] | I was trying to keep her from losing weight. | 我只是想让她别再减肥了 |
[30:14] | – I know it sounds insane. – And criminal. | -我知道这听上去很疯狂 -这是犯罪 |
[30:16] | I wasn’t gonna do it forever. | 我不会一直这样做的 |
[30:18] | Just long enough for–for her to get discouraged | 只要等到她灰心丧气 |
[30:21] | and stop dieting. | 放弃节食的那一刻 |
[30:23] | And I never meant to hurt her. | 我从来没想过要伤害她 |
[30:26] | I was scared that if Joy lost weight, | 我害怕如果乔伊减肥成功 |
[30:28] | she’d leave me. | 就会离开我 |
[30:33] | You need to tell Joy the truth or I will. | 你必须告诉乔伊真相 否则我来说 |
[30:40] | So Alice and I were talking, Doc, | 艾莉丝和我在讨论 医生 |
[30:43] | and while we really would like | 虽然我们非常愿意 |
[30:45] | to name our son in your honor… | 以您的名义给我们的儿子取名 |
[30:47] | We’re just not sure about Crockett. | 可还没想好要不要叫克罗特 |
[30:51] | It is a statement. That’s for sure. | 这可是说好的 当然要了 |
[30:55] | I don’t suppose you have a middle name | 我不觉得你有中间名 |
[30:57] | that’s a little more… | 那样会更… |
[30:59] | Nick? Nick? | 尼克 尼克 |
[31:01] | Honey, what’s wrong? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[31:03] | Okay, take slow, deep breaths. | 慢慢地做深呼吸 |
[31:05] | Nice and easy, okay? | 放轻松 好吗 |
[31:07] | Nick, bud? Talk to me. | 好吗 伙计 跟我说句话 |
[31:10] | Let’s get a mask on him. | 给他戴上面罩 |
[31:13] | Let’s go. Come on. | 快开始 加油 |
[31:14] | Drop it. | 放下床头 |
[31:16] | – Heart rate’s 133. BP’s 77. – Nick, Nick. | -心率133 血压77 -尼克 尼克 |
[31:19] | I need you to breathe. | 我需要你主动呼吸 |
[31:20] | – Hey, Nick? – He’s in VFib! | -尼克 -他室颤了 |
[31:22] | – Nick, honey, wake up. – Nick! | -尼克 亲爱的醒醒 -尼克 |
[31:23] | No pulse. All right, let’s go. Bag him. | 没有脉搏了 快给他按压 |
[31:25] | Milligram of epi. Let’s go. Come on. | 1毫克肾上腺素 快来 |
[31:27] | Paddles and charge to 200. | 拿电极板 充电至200 |
[31:30] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[31:31] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[31:32] | Charged. Clear. | 充电完毕 离手 |
[31:34] | Let’s go. Come on. | 过来 快开始 |
[31:40] | Another round of epi. Let’s go. | 再打肾上腺素 再试 |
[31:42] | – Charge 200. – Charged. | -充电至200 -充电完毕 |
[31:44] | Clear! | 离手 |
[31:49] | Nick? Nick, can you hear me? | 尼克 尼克 你能听到我吗 |
[31:51] | I am right here, honey. | 我就在这里 亲爱的 |
[31:53] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[31:54] | Epi and charge. Let’s go. | 注射肾上腺素 充电 快 |
[31:56] | Clear. | 离手 |
[32:04] | You’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[32:05] | He’s asystole. | 他停止心跳了 |
[32:08] | No… | 不 |
[32:09] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[32:21] | No. | 不 |
[32:23] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[32:29] | No. No. | 不要 不要 |
[32:34] | Time of death, 16:54. | 死亡时间 16点54分 |
[32:40] | No! | 不要 |
[32:51] | Thank you so much, Ms. Gastern. | 太感谢你了 加斯顿女士 |
[32:53] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[32:56] | DCFS is going to start looking | 儿童与家庭服务部明天就要 |
[32:57] | for a new foster placement for Auggie tomorrow. | 帮奥吉找新的寄养家庭了 |
[33:04] | What about tonight? | 那今晚呢 |
[33:05] | Well, I got him a bed on the peds floor. | 我帮他在儿科找了张床位 |
[33:07] | And since Earl is back for night shift, | 再加上厄尔会回来上晚班 |
[33:10] | he promised that he would try to check in on Auggie upstairs. | 他保证自己会去楼上照看奥吉的 |
[33:13] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[33:15] | Taxi’s here. We should… | 出租车到了 我们该 |
[33:18] | Right. | 好吧 |
[33:30] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[33:33] | – Just, uh… – Yeah. | -就是… -行 |
[33:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:39] | I’ll call the airline and the hotel, reschedule. | 我会给航空公司和酒店打电话 换个时间 |
[33:42] | And we’ll spend the night with Auggie. | 我们陪奥吉一起过掉今晚 |
[33:46] | You know how amazing you are? | 你知道自己有多棒吗 |
[33:51] | You’re pretty amazing yourself, Mr. Ben Campbell. | 你自己本身就很棒 本·坎普尔先生 |
[33:54] | I’m a lucky man. | 我真是个幸运的人 |
[33:55] | Go ahead, and yes, you are. | 去吧 没错 你确实是 |
[33:59] | – Oh, thank you. – Joy. | -谢谢你 -乔伊 |
[34:02] | You should know what Max did was a form of assault. | 你应该知道 麦克斯的行为是一种犯罪 |
[34:06] | And I can call CPD, and you can press charges against him. | 我可以给警署打电话 你可以控告他 |
[34:09] | No, no, you don’t have to call them. | 不 不 别给警署打电话 |
[34:11] | I’m not pressing charges. | 我不会控告他的 |
[34:13] | Joy, he lied to you, betrayed your trust. | 乔伊 他对你说谎 辜负了你的信任 |
[34:15] | You don’t have to act like nothing happened. | 你不用非得假装没事的 |
[34:16] | No, I know what Max did was so messed up, | 不 我知道麦克斯的所作所为非常糟糕 |
[34:20] | but we talked it out. | 可我们已经谈过了 |
[34:22] | You know, and he was acting | 他太过恐惧和不安 |
[34:23] | from a place of fear and insecurity, and… | 才会那样做的 而且… |
[34:27] | you know, Max is a good person. | 麦克斯是个好人 |
[34:31] | Okay, I know his heart. | 我了解他的内心 |
[34:35] | Can I just go? | 我能走了吗 |
[34:38] | Take care. | 保重 |
[34:43] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[34:45] | If it were me, I’d be furious. | 换做是我 我会很生气 |
[34:46] | – Anyone would. – Really? | -谁都会 -是吗 |
[34:49] | – Of course. – Then why aren’t you? | -当然 -那你为什么没有 |
[34:52] | – What? – Ethan, I lied to you. | -什么 -伊森 我骗了你 |
[34:54] | Oh, God. April… | 天哪 艾普尔 |
[34:56] | I betrayed your trust. | 我辜负了你的信任 |
[34:57] | Look, what do you want me to say? | 你想要我说什么 |
[34:58] | That I can’t believe you kissed someone else? | 真不敢相信你亲了别人 |
[34:59] | Someone we work with? | 还是我们的同事 |
[35:01] | You want to know how crazy it makes me | 你想要知道我每天 |
[35:02] | that I have to see that son of a bitch every day? | 和这个混蛋一起上班有多崩溃吗 |
[35:03] | – Is this what you want to hear? – Yeah, I do. | -这就是你想听的吗 -是的 |
[35:05] | I want to know what you’re feeling. | 我想知道你的感受 |
[35:06] | Why? Why couldn’t you just tell me? | 为什么 为什么不告诉我 |
[35:09] | Why did it take physically harming yourself to come clean? | 为什么要身体受到伤害才老实说 |
[35:15] | Are you in love with him? | 你爱上他了吗 |
[35:17] | What? No! | 什么 没有 |
[35:18] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[35:19] | It was just a meaningless attraction. | 只是一次毫无意义的意乱情迷 |
[35:22] | Well, if it’s so meaningless, why are we even talking about it? | 既然毫无意义 我们为什么还要谈 |
[35:25] | Because I– | 因为我… |
[35:27] | you deserve to know everything. | 你应该知道这一切 |
[35:30] | Ethan, I love you. | 伊森 我爱你 |
[35:32] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了错 |
[35:34] | That day, when I found out I couldn’t have children– | 那天 我发现我怀不了孩子… |
[35:37] | You pushed me away and ran into another man’s arms. | 你推开了我 跑到了另一个人的怀里 |
[35:56] | You called it. | 被你说中了 |
[35:58] | Played out just like you said it would. | 结果就跟你说的一样 |
[36:00] | You don’t know what killed Nick. | 你还不知道尼克的死因 |
[36:03] | He was tachycardic, hypotensive, and desatting. | 他心动过速 低血压和消瘦 |
[36:06] | Classic trifecta. Had to be a PE. | 经典三连击 应该是心包积液 |
[36:10] | If that’s the case, then the clot could have been there | 如果是这样 那么积液可能在手术之前 |
[36:12] | prior to the surgery. | 就已经在那里了 |
[36:13] | I mean, Nick had pretty much been bedridden for months. | 尼克已经卧床几个月了 |
[36:17] | Surgery caused it. End of story. | 是手术导致的 结束 |
[36:20] | You don’t know that. | 你还不能确定 |
[36:22] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[36:25] | if I hadn’t put that surgery on the table, | 如果我没有做那台手术 |
[36:27] | chances are he’d still be alive. | 可能他还活着 |
[36:33] | Crockett. | 克罗特 |
[36:37] | Sometimes in the ED, we get tunnel vision. | 有时候在急诊室 我们的视野会受限 |
[36:43] | All we can see is the patient in front of us. | 我们只能看到面前的病人 |
[36:46] | But Nick could see past that, beyond his own benefit, | 但尼克看得更远 超脱了他自身 |
[36:50] | and I think you did too. | 我想你也是 |
[36:54] | You know, with new surgery, the more you do it, | 新的手术 你做得越多 |
[36:57] | the better you’ll get, the more lives you’ll save. | 提升就越多 以后就能救更多的人 |
[37:00] | And maybe you couldn’t save Nick’s, | 也许你没能救尼克 |
[37:03] | but maybe someday, you’ll save his son’s. | 但也许有一天 你能救他儿子 |
[37:14] | We still on for The Green Mill, Crockett? | 我们还要去绿色磨坊吗 克罗特 |
[37:16] | The next set starts in an hour. | 下一组一小时后就开始了 |
[37:18] | Yeah, of course, darling. | 要 当然了 亲爱的 |
[37:21] | Okay. Good night, Dr. Manning. | 好 晚安 曼宁医生 |
[37:25] | Night. | 晚安 |
[37:41] | Hey, Mom, you look nice. | 妈妈 你真美 |
[37:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:50] | – What’s Dad doing here? – I invited him. | -爸爸怎么来了 -我邀请他的 |
[37:57] | It’s good to see you, son. | 幸会 儿子 |
[38:00] | If he’s staying, I’m leaving. | 如果他在 我就走了 |
[38:02] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[38:09] | Now this Cold War you’ve got going with your father ends tonight. | 你和你爸爸之间的冷战今晚就结束 |
[38:14] | After what he did to you? Forget it. | 他之前这么对你 得了吧 |
[38:16] | You don’t know the full story. | 你不知道全貌 |
[38:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[38:24] | Look… | 听我说 |
[38:26] | I thought I was protecting you and David and Tara | 我以为是在保护你 大卫和塔拉 |
[38:31] | by not talking to you about the divorce. | 所以没有告诉你们离婚的事 |
[38:35] | But it was painful. | 但其实很痛苦 |
[38:38] | Yeah, and Dad caused that pain. | 对 是爸爸让你那么痛苦 |
[38:42] | Son, the end of any relationship, | 儿子 任何一段感情的结束 |
[38:46] | especially one with a 35-year history, | 尤其是一段35年的感情 |
[38:50] | is complicated. | 是很复杂的 |
[38:52] | But the bottom line, Michael, | 但底线是 迈克尔 |
[38:54] | is you can spend your whole life looking back | 你可以一生都活在过去 |
[38:58] | and pointing fingers, | 耿耿于怀 |
[39:00] | or you could choose to move forward. | 或者你可以选择往前看 |
[39:03] | I–I don’t know what’s to come of your father and me, | 我不知道你爸爸和我之间会何去何从 |
[39:10] | but it’s time for this family to start healing. | 但这个家庭要开始好起来 |
[39:14] | You need your father, | 你需要你的父亲 |
[39:17] | and your father needs you. | 你的父亲也需要你 |
[39:30] | Let’s start by having dinner. | 我们从吃晚饭开始 |
[39:44] | You wanna come up? | 你想来吗 |
[39:46] | I cleared out my liquor cabinet, | 我清理了酒柜 |
[39:48] | but I do have a pretty stellar tea collection. | 我确实有一个漂亮的恒星茶收藏 |
[39:54] | But you know, if tea is not your thing, | 不过如果你不爱喝茶 |
[39:57] | I can make a gin and tonic, sans the gin. | 我可以做杜松子酒和补品 |
[40:00] | No, it’s not… | 不 不是… |
[40:03] | I want to come up. I do. | 我想来的 真的 |
[40:07] | I just wonder if that’s a good idea. | 但我还是不确定这样好不好 |
[40:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:12] | You may be surprised to hear this, | 你可能听到会比较惊讶 |
[40:14] | but there’s actually very little neurochemical difference | 它们之间几乎没有神经化学差异 |
[40:18] | between drug addiction– | 吸毒成瘾 |
[40:19] | And romance addiction? | 和恋爱 |
[40:21] | And should something go wrong inside the relationship, | 如果恋爱关系中出现问题 |
[40:25] | it increases the chances of relapse. | 它会增加复瘾的可能性 |
[40:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:30] | I’ve been going to the meetings, Will. | 我已经去互助会了 威尔 |
[40:32] | This stuff’s been drilled into my head. | 这些东西已经钻进我的脑海了 |
[40:37] | So, um, what do we do? | 所以 我们怎么打算 |
[40:45] | Let’s go up and discuss it. | 我们上去再聊 |