时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[00:08] | Do you want me to make you some coffee? | 要我给你泡点咖啡吗 |
[00:10] | No, I always get one from the cart at work, | 不 我一般上班路上去餐车买一杯 |
[00:13] | unless you’re making some for yourself. | 除非你自己要泡 |
[00:15] | Uh, no, actually, the cart sounds good, | 不 其实我觉得去餐车买不错 |
[00:17] | ’cause I have no idea how to use this thing. | 因为我根本不知道要怎么用这个东西 |
[00:23] | So… | 那么… |
[00:25] | you wanna go straight to work, | 你要直接去上班 |
[00:26] | or do you need to stop by your place first or… | 还是说你要先回一趟自己家还是… |
[00:29] | I think my fish will survive till I get home tonight. | 我觉得我家的鱼可以撑到我今晚回家 |
[00:33] | Though I could go feed them now, | 不过我现在可以先回家喂它们 |
[00:35] | if you wanted to get a drink tonight after work. | 如果你今晚下班后想一起喝一杯 |
[00:39] | Yeah, sure. Uh–uh… | 好的 |
[00:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:43] | Uh, I actually have plans tonight. | 其实我今晚有计划 |
[00:47] | – Plans? – But I can cancel them. | -计划 -但我可以取消 |
[00:50] | Nope. | 不用 |
[00:52] | Keep your plans. It’s fine. | 你计划干什么就干什么吧 没关系 |
[00:58] | Smooth. | 淡定 |
[01:07] | – How was the night shift? – Only got puked on twice. | -夜班怎么样 -只被吐了两次 |
[01:10] | Then it was a good night. | 那就是个不错的夜晚 |
[01:13] | Bye, guys. See you tomorrow. | 再见 伙计们 明天见 |
[01:13] | – Bye. – Night. | -再见 -晚安 |
[01:15] | Have you contacted your sister yet about meeting up? | 你有没有联系你妹妹说要见面 |
[01:18] | Still working on it. | 还在努力 |
[01:21] | It might actually be better for her | 也许我保持距离 |
[01:22] | if I keep a little distance. | 对她来说才是最好的 |
[01:25] | Better for her or for you? | 对她好还是对你好 |
[01:27] | You know what would be good for me? | 你知道怎样算是对我好吗 |
[01:31] | Is dinner with you tonight. | 今晚和你共进晚餐 |
[01:34] | – Are you gonna shower first? – Depends on who’s paying. | -你要先洗澡吗 -那得看谁请客了 |
[01:37] | Then it’s definitely on me. | 那绝对我请了 |
[01:42] | – Later. – Bye. | -回头见 -再见 |
[01:45] | And now she’s shivering and–and throwing up, | 现在她不停地发抖 呕吐 |
[01:48] | and I-I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[01:50] | Deb, what’s going on? | 黛布 怎么了 |
[01:52] | Her homeless friend is nine months pregnant and has a fever. | 她无家可归的朋友怀孕九个月 现在发烧了 |
[01:54] | She needs to come in. | 必须把她送过来 |
[01:56] | – But she won’t, right? – No. | -但她不愿意来 对吗 -是的 |
[01:58] | Would you come out and help her, please? | 你们能去帮帮她吗 |
[02:00] | Not when she’s this far along. | 那么远的地方不行 |
[02:01] | She needs to be monitored and have emergency measures nearby. | 必须时刻监测她的身体状况并就近准备应急措施 |
[02:06] | Dr. Choi… | 崔医生 |
[02:09] | Let me get some supplies. | 我去拿点药物供给 |
[02:11] | Hey, wait–hey… | 等等 |
[02:13] | you’re just gonna go treat a pregnant girl on the streets? | 你准备去街头治疗一个怀孕的女孩子 |
[02:17] | I have met some of these kids. | 我认识这些孩子 |
[02:18] | They’re underage. They know that if they come in, | 他们未成年 知道如果来医院 |
[02:20] | – they’ll get put in a system. – Yeah, but she’s nine months. | -肯定就会被录入系统 -可是她有九个月身孕 |
[02:23] | She’s gonna have to come in eventually to have her baby. | 她再怎么也得入院生孩子 |
[02:26] | But she needs to be assessed now. | 但现在她需要帮助 |
[02:29] | – Nat, I could use your help. – Seriously? | -小娜 我可能会需要你帮忙 -你是认真的吗 |
[02:38] | – Fine. – Thanks. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[02:46] | Text babysitter. | 给保姆发信息 |
[02:48] | Cold pizza is Owen’s favorite breakfast. | 欧文最喜欢的早餐是冷披萨 |
[02:50] | There’s some in the fridge. Tell him I love him. | 冰箱里有一些 告诉他我爱他 |
[02:53] | – Send. – I’ll send your message. | -发送 -我会发送您的信息 |
[03:09] | She’s over here. | 她在这边 |
[03:13] | Come on. Come on. | 来 快来 |
[03:15] | I wrapped her up, but she’s still shivering. | 我把她裹起来了 但她还是在发抖 |
[03:21] | Laura, I’m Dr. Manning. | 劳拉 我是曼宁医生 |
[03:22] | I’m gonna take your temperature, okay? | 我要测量你一下你的体温 好吗 |
[03:25] | Let me take a look. | 让我看看 |
[03:29] | 103. | 39.4度 |
[03:31] | You most likely have an infection. | 你很可能是感染了 |
[03:32] | It is very important that we treat it | 我们必须要在你分娩之前 |
[03:33] | before you go into labor. | 为你治疗 |
[03:36] | Okay, but my–my water broke, what does that mean? | 但是我的羊水破了 那会怎么样 |
[03:38] | – When did your water break? – Two days ago. | -你的羊水什么时候破的 -两天前 |
[03:52] | Dr. Reese… | 里斯医生 |
[03:53] | How was your dinner with your dad? | 和你父亲一起吃晚餐怎么样 |
[03:55] | It was good. | 挺好的 |
[03:57] | I mean, I’m glad we’re talking again. | 我是说 我们很高兴能再联系上 |
[03:58] | He’s funny, smart. | 他很有意思 很聪明 |
[04:01] | You don’t sound entirely convinced. | 你听上去不是很确定 |
[04:03] | Well, it’s just kinda hard to look past the last 20 years. | 过去二十年很难一笔勾销 |
[04:06] | I know he wrote me those letters, but… | 我知道他给我写了那些信 但是… |
[04:09] | there were other ways to contact me if he wanted. | 如果他想的话 明明还可以用其他方式联系我 |
[04:13] | Makes me wonder. | 让我有所怀疑 |
[04:15] | Well, you know what, I’ve always been | 你知道吗 我总是 |
[04:17] | immensely impressed with your instincts, | 惊叹于你准确的直觉 |
[04:19] | so…no reason to stop listening to them now. | 所以…现在没理由不跟着你的直觉走 |
[04:22] | Yeah, I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[04:29] | – Courtney? – I’ve got Luke Wallis. | -考特尼 -患者名叫卢克·华莱士 |
[04:31] | Cystic fibrosis. No breath sounds on the right. | 囊性纤维化 右侧无呼吸声 |
[04:33] | Tachycardic with BP 122 over 66. | 心跳过快 血压122/66 |
[04:36] | – Satting at 86. – Oh, I know Luke. | -血氧86% -我认识卢克 |
[04:37] | – How you doing, buddy? – Been better. | -你感觉怎么样 -不大好 |
[04:39] | He was just watching TV, | 他本来在看电视 |
[04:40] | and then suddenly, he couldn’t breathe. | 然后突然之间呼吸不上来了 |
[04:42] | Get a stat chest X-ray. | 做个胸透 |
[04:44] | Make it a CT. | 做CT吧 |
[04:46] | And get more information. | 能得到更多信息 |
[04:50] | On my count, one, two, three. | 听我数 一 二 三 |
[04:54] | There we go. | 好了 |
[05:01] | Has his lung function been getting worse? | 他的肺功能恶化了吗 |
[05:03] | He’s been in the ICU three times in the last five months. | 过去五个月他已经进过三次重症监护病房了 |
[05:05] | Yeah, Dr. Rhodes has him at the top of | 是啊 罗德斯医生已经把他 |
[05:06] | the transplant list for lungs, but so far, nothing. | 排到了肺部移植单的第一位 但还没有消息 |
[05:11] | He’s got a pneumothorax on the right, | 他的右肺出现气胸 |
[05:13] | significant rales on the left. | 左侧水泡音严重 |
[05:14] | Set me up for a 16 French chest tube. | 准备16毫米胸管 |
[05:17] | That’s a little invasive. We can use a pigtail catheter. | 会不会侵入性太强 可以用猪尾导管 |
[05:19] | His lungs are too stiff. He needs a tube. | 他的肺部太过僵硬 需要插管 |
[05:21] | Which will only cause additional trauma. | 可这样只会引起额外创伤 |
[05:23] | It’s bad, isn’t it? | 情况很严重 对不对 |
[05:26] | The collapsed lung means that your lungs are so scarred | 肺部萎陷证明你的肺部伤痕累累 |
[05:29] | that they can’t hold together, so… | 已经无法正常工作 所以 |
[05:33] | Yeah, buddy, it’s bad. | 是的 情况很严重 |
[05:35] | Look, as soon as we get your lung re-inflated, | 等你的肺部重新膨胀起来 |
[05:38] | I’m gonna sit down with you and your mom and your dad, | 我会坐下来跟你还有你的父母谈谈 |
[05:40] | and we’re gonna talk about what comes next, okay? | 聊一聊接下来该怎么做 好吗 |
[05:44] | Chest tube, 16 French. Lidocaine? | 胸管 16毫米 利多卡因呢 |
[05:49] | All right, buddy, you’re gonna feel a little pinch, | 好了 接下来可能会有点疼 |
[05:51] | followed by some pressure, okay? | 然后会有压迫感 知道吗 |
[05:54] | There you go, buddy. | 好了 孩子 |
[05:55] | You’re okay, you’re okay. | 过去了 没事了 |
[05:57] | You’re doing great, pal. | 你做得很好 孩子 |
[06:04] | Mr. Thomas, I’m Dr. Halstead. | 托马斯先生 我是霍斯特德医生 |
[06:06] | I heard you had an incident at work today. | 我听说你今天工作时出了事 |
[06:09] | Yeah, I guess I, uh, fell down. | 算是吧 我摔倒了 |
[06:12] | The EMS report says they found you unconscious. | 救护报告说当时你失去了意识 |
[06:15] | How long you been coughing up blood? | 你咳血多久了 |
[06:18] | A few weeks. | 几周吧 |
[06:25] | – Some wheezing and stridor. – What’s his weight? | -呼吸时有喘鸣 -他体重多少 |
[06:27] | 138 138. | |
[06:29] | Doc, I appreciate your concern, | 医生 谢谢你的关心 |
[06:31] | but I’d just as soon go rest up at home. | 但我希望能尽快回家休息 |
[06:33] | Yeah, I don’t blame ya, but I fear if you go home, | 我不怪你 但你如果回了家 |
[06:37] | you may have a far worse event | 可能会出现比今天早上 |
[06:39] | than whatever happened this morning. | 更加严重的事故 |
[06:41] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[06:44] | Well, you’re too dehydrated to walk out of here, | 你现在严重缺水 走不出去 |
[06:46] | so why don’t you let me give you some fluids, | 不如我帮你输点液 |
[06:48] | we’ll run some tests, | 做几项检查 |
[06:49] | and I promise I’ll be back soon? | 很快就回来看你 |
[06:54] | All right. | 好的 |
[07:01] | Syncope, weight loss, hemoptysis. | 神经晕厥 消瘦 咳血 |
[07:04] | He’s got cancer, right? | 他得了癌症 对吧 |
[07:05] | A lot of people are more afraid of | 比起真正的治疗 |
[07:07] | getting the diagnosis than the actual treatment. | 很多人更怕收到这种诊断 |
[07:09] | Let’s get a CBC with diff, EKG, | 查一下血常规 心电图 |
[07:11] | chest X-ray, and CT. | 胸部X光和CT |
[07:13] | And then we can try and talk to him again. | 然后再试试跟他聊聊 |
[07:24] | So, um, Robert Haywood is here | 罗伯特·海伍德来 |
[07:26] | for a thoracic P.E.T. scan? | 来做胸廓PET扫描了 |
[07:28] | Uh, yeah, we’re doing a full cardiac workup. | 是的 我们打算做全套心脏检查 |
[07:30] | You think you could add a–a head study of that for me? | 能不能帮我加一个头部检查 |
[07:32] | I just wanna make sure I’m not missing anything on my end. | 我希望我这边不会错过任何信息 |
[07:34] | – Sure, no problem. – Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[07:43] | Laura… | 劳拉 |
[07:44] | your membranes ruptured prematurely, | 你的腔内薄膜过早破裂 |
[07:46] | allowing an infection in your uterus. | 导致子宫壁出现感染 |
[07:48] | The longer we go without delivering this baby, | 再不尽快接生这个小孩 |
[07:50] | the greater the danger you’re both in. | 你们俩都会有危险 |
[07:52] | So deliver it then. | 那就接生吧 |
[07:53] | We need to do it at the hospital. | 需要在医院进行 |
[07:55] | No, I told you, I’m not going. | 我说过了 我不去 |
[07:56] | I understand that you don’t want to, | 我明白你不想去 |
[07:58] | but this is a safety issue, okay? | 但这是安全问题 |
[08:00] | You need to think about your baby. | 你得考虑你的孩子 |
[08:02] | I said no. | 我说了不去 |
[08:03] | If there are complications, if anything goes wrong– | 如果出现任何意外或问题 |
[08:05] | It’s okay, we’ll do it here. | 没关系 就在这里做吧 |
[08:09] | You’re not seriously thinking about inducing her | 你不是真打算就在这大街上 |
[08:11] | right here on the street? | 给她接生吧 |
[08:12] | Women deliver outside the hospital all the time. | 很多女人都是在医院外生的孩子 |
[08:14] | Yeah, and some of them die. | 对 其中有些人因此去世了 |
[08:16] | Listen, I don’t like this either, but you heard her. | 我也不希望这样 但你也听到她说的了 |
[08:18] | She’s gonna do this with or without us. | 不管我们在不在 她都要这样做 |
[08:19] | And then what? A newborn can’t survive out here. | 然后呢 新生儿在这里肯定活不下去 |
[08:22] | Nat, you don’t have to do this, but I’m staying. | 小娜 你不用帮忙 但我会留下来 |
[08:30] | I have good news. | 好消息 |
[08:31] | They found a pair of lungs in Kansas | 他们在堪萨斯州找到了肺源 |
[08:32] | that are a perfect match. | 跟你的很匹配 |
[08:34] | We’re loading them onto a plane now. | 目前正在往飞机上装 |
[08:35] | Oh, my God. You hear that, Luke? | 我的天哪 你听到了吗 卢克 |
[08:37] | This is good news, buddy. | 这真是好消息 伙计 |
[08:40] | Uh, I am gonna have a conversation with Dr. Bekker, | 我去跟贝克医生谈一下 |
[08:42] | and I’ll be back in just a few minutes, okay? | 很快就回来 好吗 |
[08:47] | I’ll start the transplant protocol. | 我会开始走移植流程 |
[08:48] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[08:51] | – We have to put him on ECMO. – What? | -得给他上体外膜肺氧合 -什么 |
[08:54] | He’s satting in the 80s and wearing down. | 他的血氧量在80 而且持续下降 |
[08:56] | His respiratory muscles are going to give out. | 呼吸肌很快就会停止工作 |
[08:59] | But ECMO could introduce an infection. | 但体外膜肺氧合可能会导致感染 |
[09:01] | It’s a partial contraindication to surgery. | 这在手术里是禁忌之一 |
[09:03] | And Kansas is a two-hour flight. | 堪萨斯州飞过来要两个小时 |
[09:06] | We have to keep him oxygenated till the lungs get here. | 我们得给他充分供氧 等肺源到位 |
[09:09] | Those lungs only last four hours. | 肺源只能维持四小时 |
[09:11] | If anything goes wrong before they get here, | 如果送到之前出什么差错 |
[09:13] | and he’s stuck on ECMO, | 他会困在 |
[09:14] | we may not be able to get him off. | 体外膜肺氧合机上 |
[09:16] | He could die. | 他可能会死 |
[09:18] | Then we make sure that nothing goes wrong. | 那我们就确保不出差错 |
[09:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:27] | Mr. Thomas… | 托马斯先生 |
[09:32] | We found a large growth in your larynx. | 我们在你的喉部发现了大片增生 |
[09:36] | It’s almost certainly cancer. | 基本可以确定是癌症了 |
[09:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:42] | Now, the good news is, | 好消息是 |
[09:43] | we have an excellent oncology department, | 我们医院有优秀的肿瘤科 |
[09:45] | so I’d like to arrange for a biopsy and a consultation, | 我想为您安排一次活检与咨询 |
[09:48] | – so they can determine– – It’s okay. | -让他们确定… -没事的 |
[09:50] | I’m not interested. | 我不想做 |
[09:52] | Mr. Thomas, the sooner you begin treatment, | 托马斯先生 你越早开始治疗 |
[09:54] | the better your chances of survival. | 生存几率就越高 |
[09:56] | You don’t understand. I’m– | 你不明白 我… |
[09:59] | I’m ready to die. | 我准备好死了 |
[10:05] | I know it’s a lot of information, | 我知道这需要点时间消化 |
[10:07] | and it can seem overwhelming, but I– | 也看起来让人不知所措 但我… |
[10:09] | I said no. | 我说了不用 |
[10:15] | Can you tell me why you’re so resistant to treatment? | 你能告诉我为什么你抗拒治疗吗 |
[10:19] | Because I’ve made it 56 years | 因为我坚持了56年 |
[10:23] | without molesting a child, | 没有猥亵一个孩子 |
[10:26] | and I can’t stand it anymore. | 我再也受不了了 |
[10:29] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[10:33] | I’m a pedophile… | 我是个恋童癖 |
[10:36] | and I wanna die. | 我想死 |
[10:45] | Yeah? | 请进 |
[10:47] | Have you seen this yet? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[10:50] | A lawsuit? | 起诉案吗 |
[10:51] | An indigent man’s claiming an ambulance driver | 一位贫困男子称一名救护车驾驶员 |
[10:54] | passed him over to bring in an insured patient instead. | 无视了他 先送一名有保险的病人入院 |
[10:57] | Seems the extra wait time cost this guy his leg. | 看起来额外的等待时间让他坏死了一条腿 |
[10:59] | Oh, that’s terrible. | 那太可怕了 |
[11:01] | But isn’t that the fault of the ambulance company? | 但这不是救护车公司的过失吗 |
[11:04] | Apparently the ambulance driver was following | 显然救护车司机是听了 |
[11:06] | our hospital’s instructions. | 我们医院的指令 |
[11:09] | Now that’s ridiculous. | 那太荒唐了 |
[11:10] | I never told anyone to pass up uninsured patients. | 我可没让任何人区别对待没保险的病人 |
[11:13] | No, but the claimant states | 是 但起诉书上说 |
[11:15] | that an E.D. Charge nurse named Maggie Lockwood did. | 是一位叫麦基·洛克伍德的急诊护士长让的 |
[11:23] | Give me some time to look into it. | 让我先好好看看这案子 |
[11:28] | Try to relax, all right? | 试着放松 好吗 |
[11:29] | Look at me, look at me, look at me. Take a deep breath. | 看着我 看着我 深呼吸 |
[11:39] | 104. | 体温40度 |
[11:39] | The antibiotics aren’t working. | 抗生素没起效 |
[11:41] | We need a couple bags of Flagyl. | 我们还需要几包甲硝哒唑 |
[11:42] | – Ethan… – I need more drugs? | -伊森 -我还需要吃药吗 |
[11:44] | Laura, what you need is to go to the hospital, okay? | 劳拉 你需要的是去医院 好吗 |
[11:46] | You’re putting yourself and your baby at unnecessary risk. | 你这是让自己和孩子在承受不必要的风险 |
[11:49] | She can’t. They’ll put her back into foster care. | 不行 他们会送她回寄养机构的 |
[11:51] | I know it’s not ideal, but this isn’t just about you. | 我知道这不合你意 但这不是你一个人的事 |
[11:54] | Your baby’s gonna need food and a roof over its head. | 你的孩子需要食物 需要住处 |
[11:56] | Unless they keep ’em out in the yard, | 除非他们把她锁在院子里 |
[11:58] | feed ’em whatever the dogs don’t want. | 给他们吃狗也不吃的东西 |
[11:59] | I’ll talk to the social worker, | 我会跟社工聊聊 |
[12:01] | make sure you find a good home. | 确保你找到一个好人家的 |
[12:03] | No one wants to adopt a 16-year-old. | 没人想领养个16岁的孩子 |
[12:05] | Even if you do get a good home in foster care, | 就算你遇到一个好的寄养家庭 |
[12:07] | everyone keeps getting passed along, | 你还是要走 |
[12:09] | until you finally end up some place | 直到终于遇到一个 |
[12:10] | where they’d rather cash a check from the state than feed you. | 情愿白拿国家补贴 也不给你饭吃的人家 |
[12:14] | Yeah, they’re the ones who keep you forever. | 对 他们才是会留下你的人 |
[12:20] | Nat, we really need those antibiotics. | 娜塔莉 我们真的需要抗生素 |
[12:23] | Okay, I’ll be back as soon as I can. | 好 我马上回来 |
[12:25] | Yeah. | 好 |
[12:26] | Okay, keep breathing, keep breathing. | 好了 继续呼吸 |
[12:29] | Okay? Keep breathing. | 好吗 继续呼吸 |
[12:30] | – Just try to relax. – It’s okay. | -努力放松下来 -没事的 |
[12:32] | Dr. Rhodes? | 罗德斯医生 |
[12:42] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[12:45] | Luke’s LFTs are rising. | 卢克的肝功能指标在升高 |
[12:48] | What–what does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[12:49] | It indicates that he might be in early liver failure. | 那表明他可能出现了早期肝功能衰竭 |
[12:53] | Unfortunately, if it progresses, | 不幸的是 如果情况继续 |
[12:56] | it could prevent him from getting the lungs. | 就可能让他无法接受肺移植 |
[12:59] | Prevent him? | 不能移植吗 |
[12:59] | Fortunately, we can still get him off the ECMO, | 所幸 在我们试着阻止他的肝功衰竭时 |
[13:02] | while we try to reverse this trend. | 依然可以停止体外膜肺氧合 |
[13:03] | However, if we take him off of ECMO now, | 但是 如果现在停止 |
[13:07] | it decreases the odds that he survives until the lungs get here. | 那会减小他撑到肺源来的生存几率 |
[13:10] | I don’t understand. Can’t you agree on what to do? | 我不明白 你们拿不出统一的意见吗 |
[13:14] | It’s not a black and white situation. | 这不是非黑即白的情况 |
[13:19] | Uh, you’ve been treating him, Dr. Rhodes. | 一直治疗他的是你 罗德斯医生 |
[13:22] | What should we do? | 你说我们该怎么办 |
[13:27] | We should keep him on the ECMO. | 继续给他上膜肺机 |
[13:29] | It’s still our best chance that he gets those lungs. | 那还是我们把握最大的方式 |
[13:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:35] | Yes. That’s what we’ll do. | 好 那就这么办 |
[13:38] | All right. | 好的 |
[13:45] | You’re being completely irresponsible. | 你这完全是不负责任 |
[13:47] | That kid is going to die if he doesn’t get new lungs. | 等不到新肺 那孩子就会死 |
[13:49] | Only if your ECMO doesn’t kill him first. | 除非他先死在你的膜肺机上 |
[13:52] | He’s a snowball rolling down a hill, | 他的情况只会越来越严重 |
[13:54] | and this is our last chance to stop it. | 这是我们阻止的最后机会了 |
[14:04] | So what are we doing about Mr. Thomas? | 我们要把托马斯先生怎么办 |
[14:07] | Psych’s in there right now. | 精神科医生正在过来 |
[14:09] | As soon as they declare him incompetent, | 等他们一宣布他无行为能力 |
[14:11] | I’m gonna call oncology down here to get started. | 我就喊肿瘤科派人来开始手术 |
[14:12] | Incompetent? | 无行为能力吗 |
[14:14] | Who cares? The man is a pedophile, okay? | 谁关心啊 这家伙是个恋童癖 |
[14:17] | If he wants to die, why don’t we just let him? | 他要是想死 就让他死好了 |
[14:20] | April, we’re going to stop him from dying, | 艾普尔 我们要挽救他的生命 |
[14:23] | because he’s our patient and because we can. | 因为他是我们的病人 也因为我们能 |
[14:31] | Did you put him on a psych hold? | 你让他留院精神观察了吗 |
[14:33] | Uh, I’m not ready to make that decision. | 我还没准备好做这个结论 |
[14:34] | Why? He’s suicidal. | 为什么 他想自杀了 |
[14:37] | He may want to die, but he is lucid | 他可能想死 但他很清醒 |
[14:39] | and understands the consequences of his choices. | 也能理解他的选择的后果 |
[14:42] | He–he has a treatable condition. | 他的病情是可治愈的 |
[14:43] | How lucid can he be if he’s not letting us treat it? | 他都不让我们治 能有多清醒 |
[14:46] | If he was depressed, you’d put him on a psych hold | 如果他抑郁 你会让他留院精神观察 |
[14:47] | and try and treat his depression. | 然后想办法治疗他的抑郁 |
[14:48] | You’re not gonna do the same for pedophilia? | 恋童癖你就不打算这么做了吗 |
[14:50] | I just don’t know that much about pedophilia. | 我只是对恋童癖不是那么了解 |
[14:54] | Well, you better find out fast, because he’s dying. | 那你最好尽快了解 因为他快死了 |
[14:56] | Department charge nurse Maggie Lockwood, | 部门指控护士麦基·洛克伍德 |
[14:59] | especially providing incentive. | 尤其因为她提供了诱因 |
[15:01] | – I don’t believe this. – All right, take it easy. | -真是不敢相信 -先别激动 |
[15:03] | What do you know about this patient? | 你知道这个病人的事吗 |
[15:05] | I don’t. | 不知道啊 |
[15:06] | And I definitely never told any ambulance driver | 而我绝对没有让任何一位救护车司机 |
[15:08] | to make decisions based on insurance coverage. | 根据保险购买情况来挑选病人 |
[15:10] | All right. This driver, John Gates, | 那好 这个叫约翰·盖茨的司机 |
[15:14] | – do you know him? – Yeah, he’s a jerk. | -你认识他吗 -认识 他是个混蛋 |
[15:15] | Well, do me a favor: page me when he comes in. | 那帮我个忙 他来了之后就叫我 |
[15:18] | I wanna talk to him. | 我想和他谈谈 |
[15:20] | Sure… if I don’t kill him first. | 好 如果他不被我先弄死的话 |
[15:25] | – I need a doctor in here. – Help him! | -这里需要医生 -救命 |
[15:31] | – He’s coagulopathic. – What does that mean? | -凝血障碍 -什么意思 |
[15:34] | The combination of his poor liver function | 他的肝脏功能不良 再加上 |
[15:36] | and the anticoagulants that we gave him | 我们给他输的抗凝血剂 |
[15:38] | has disrupted his ability to clot. | 干扰了他的凝血能力 |
[15:40] | Hang a bag of heparin. | 给他上一袋肝素 |
[15:41] | We thinned his blood for the ECMO, we had to, | 为了给他做体外膜氧合不得不稀释他的血液 |
[15:43] | but his liver is failing more quickly than we expected. | 但他的肝脏衰竭速度超出我们的预计 |
[15:45] | You did this, so take him off that machine! | 是你决定的 那你把那机器停了 |
[15:47] | I am afraid that it is too late for that. | 恐怕已经来不及了 |
[15:49] | Too late? | 来不及 |
[15:51] | Heparin’s running. | 肝素好了 |
[15:53] | We’re gonna try and reverse the bleeding now. | 我们会尽力阻止出血 |
[15:55] | Run the plasma now. | 开始血浆置换 |
[15:57] | Hold on that. | 先等等 |
[16:06] | A transfusion is going to increase his antibody count. | 输血会继续提高他的抗体数 |
[16:09] | His PRA’s already at 50. | 他的血浆肾素活性已经到50了 |
[16:10] | If it hits 80, we can’t use those lungs. | 等到了80 就不能移植肺了 |
[16:12] | You think I don’t know that? We don’t have a choice. | 你以为我不知道吗 我们没得选择 |
[16:14] | We wouldn’t be in this situation | 要不是你非要做体外膜肺氧合 |
[16:15] | if you hadn’t insisted on ECMO in the first place. | 我们也不会到这步两难境地 |
[16:17] | You keep pointing out problems. | 你把问题重复再多遍有什么用 |
[16:19] | What I need are solutions, so if you don’t have any, | 我需要办法 你要是没有办法 |
[16:20] | just–just get out of my way, okay? | 你别碍我的事 好吗 |
[16:24] | Hang the bags. | 开始注射吧 |
[16:33] | Dr. Halstead has a point. | 霍斯特德医生说的有道理 |
[16:35] | Is this man, this pedophile, really being rational? | 这个恋童癖真的是理性的吗 |
[16:39] | Funny enough, it sounds to me like he is. | 说来有趣 我觉得他挺理性的 |
[16:42] | Uh, so we just have to, uh, stand by | 那我们难道就袖手旁观 |
[16:44] | – and watch him kill himself? – Not treating your cancer | -让他自杀吗 -不治疗癌症 |
[16:46] | is not the same thing as committing suicide. | 和自杀是两回事 |
[16:48] | I mean, it’s his decision. He’s allowed to make it. | 这是他的决定 他有权做这种决定 |
[16:50] | More to the point, I think what he may be trying to do | 更重要的是 我觉得他的真正目的 |
[16:53] | is looking for a way to… escape his urges. | 是想找个办法 逃脱他的冲动 |
[16:57] | By dying. | 办法就是死 |
[16:58] | Dr. Reese, have you ever seen a pedophile’s P.E.T. Scan? | 里斯医生 你看过恋童癖的PET扫描吗 |
[17:01] | The prefrontal cortex and the putamen, | 前额皮质和豆状核 |
[17:03] | they–they light up. | 都会显示高亮 |
[17:04] | There’s a very good chance that pedophilia | 所以恋童癖的大脑 |
[17:06] | could be genetically hardwired into the brain. | 很有可能天生就是这么长的 |
[17:09] | There–there–there’s nothing he can do about it? | 那他就没办法了吗 |
[17:11] | Well, yes and no. | 也有也没有 |
[17:13] | I mean, the thinking is, you can’t change the hardware, | 办法就是既然不能改变天生的脑回路 |
[17:16] | but the software is another question, | 但是后天思维运作就是另一回事了 |
[17:17] | and it sounds to me like-like that’s what Mr. Thomas | 在我听来似乎这就是托马斯先生 |
[17:19] | has been trying to do. | 想的办法 |
[17:22] | If you look at it from his perspective, | 如果你从他的角度来看 |
[17:24] | the whole thing seems quite rational. | 整件事似乎非常理性 |
[17:30] | Hey, what are you doing here on your day off? | 你不是休息吗 怎么又来了 |
[17:32] | – Don’t ask. – Don’t ask? | -别问了 -别问 |
[17:35] | I’m not crazy about what I’m doing, | 我没疯 知道我在做什么 |
[17:37] | and I will tell you the whole thing later, | 而且我之后会完完整整地跟你说 |
[17:38] | but right now, I just need to get something and go. | 但现在 我只是来取点东西就走 |
[17:44] | – I’ll talk to you later. – Okay. | -回头再聊 -好吧 |
[17:54] | Everyone out, please. | 大家请先出去一下 |
[17:56] | You stay. | 你留下 |
[18:01] | John Gates, this is Sharon Goodwin, | 约翰·盖茨 这位是莎伦·古德温 |
[18:02] | the Executive Director of Patient Services. | 是病患服务部的主管 |
[18:05] | You might stand up. | 你最好站起来 |
[18:08] | Did you speak to anyone recently | 你最近有没有因为一场诉讼 |
[18:10] | regarding a lawsuit? | 跟谁说过话 |
[18:11] | Yeah, lawyers asked me some questions. | 有 律师来问了我几个问题 |
[18:14] | And what did you say? | 你怎么说的 |
[18:15] | I said you guys only wanted patients with good insurance, | 我说你们只想收保险齐全的病患 |
[18:18] | so I brought you what you wanted. | 所以我就按你们的意来 |
[18:21] | And where exactly did you get that idea? | 那你是从哪里得到这样的印象的 |
[18:25] | Look around. | 你看看这里 |
[18:27] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[18:29] | The TV. The pizza? | 这大电视 还有披萨 |
[18:32] | Everyone knows this room’s just a ploy | 大家都知道这是想让我们 |
[18:34] | to get us to bring in paying customers. | 多收那些付得起钱的病人的手段 |
[18:38] | Get out of here. | 出去 |
[18:50] | Sharon– | 莎伦 |
[18:56] | I never intended for him to leave people on the street. | 我从来没想让他把病人丢在大街上 |
[18:59] | He’s not the problem. | 问题不在他 |
[19:16] | Dr. Bekker… | 贝克医生 |
[19:20] | You disagree with Dr. Rhodes’ treatment, don’t you? | 你不赞同罗德斯医生的治疗方式 对吗 |
[19:24] | It’s a complicated situation. | 情况比较复杂 |
[19:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:30] | I know… how hard it must be | 我知道…你们心里有多煎熬 |
[19:34] | watching him go through this. | 只能眼睁睁看他经历这一切 |
[19:36] | It is… | 没错 |
[19:39] | And it has been for 12 years. | 已经十二年了 |
[19:42] | We tried everything: | 我们尝试过所有办法 |
[19:44] | modulator therapies, clinical trials. | 调节器疗法 参加临床实验 |
[19:47] | It’s all we ever thought about, but nothing ever worked. | 所有我们能想到的都试过了 但是都没用 |
[19:50] | After a while, we just wanted to let Luke be a kid, | 曾几何时 我们想就让卢克永远当个孩子吧 |
[19:53] | while he still had the chance. | 趁他还有那个机会 |
[19:56] | But now, I’m– | 但现在 我… |
[20:00] | Maybe there was more we could’ve done. | 或许我们还有该做的没做 |
[20:03] | Did we just let our little boy die? | 我们刚才是放任我们的孩子去死了吗 |
[20:09] | There are no right answers with cystic fibrosis. | 囊性纤维化目前仍没有治疗的办法 |
[20:13] | It’s relentless and impervious | 无论我们用什么法子 |
[20:16] | to whatever we throw at it. | 它都无情而坚不可摧 |
[20:21] | But every decision you made for your son, | 但你们为儿子做的每个决定 |
[20:24] | you made out of love… | 都是出于爱 |
[20:27] | And I believe that whenever you do something out of love, | 我坚信 只要你们是出于爱 |
[20:30] | it can never really be wrong. | 你们做的一切都无法称之为错 |
[20:51] | Dr. Halstead! | 霍斯特德医生 |
[20:57] | Sats are down to 78. | 血氧量低至78 |
[20:59] | Did you eat this morning? | 你早上吃饭了吗 |
[21:02] | He might be obstructed. Laryngoscope on the gills. | 他可能噎住了 腮部喉镜 |
[21:04] | Give him a sublingual nitro and an amp of glucagon. | 给他一支舌下腺和一支胰高血糖素 |
[21:06] | The food must’ve gotten trapped by your tumor, | 一定是食物被你的肿瘤挡住了 |
[21:08] | and it’s starting to block your airway. | 现在堵塞了你的气管 |
[21:09] | I need to break it up. | 我得帮你疏通 |
[21:11] | Oh, please, don’t. | 拜托 不要 |
[21:12] | What about his DNR? | 他有放弃心肺复苏同意书 |
[21:13] | I’m not tubing him, I’m just clearing his airway. | 我没有要给他插管 只是给他疏通气管 |
[21:16] | Mr. Thomas, I am legally obligated to do this. | 托马斯先生 我有义务这么做 |
[21:19] | It will only take a moment. | 只要一小会儿 |
[21:26] | Forceps? | 手术钳 |
[21:32] | Almost there. Got it. | 快够到了 成功 |
[21:35] | That’s it, Mr. Thomas. | 搞定了 托马斯先生 |
[21:36] | Take a few deep breaths… | 深呼吸几下 |
[21:39] | Deep breaths. | 深呼吸 |
[21:42] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[21:43] | Why won’t you people just let me die? | 你们为什么就不能让我死 |
[21:58] | Well, I don’t see any tumors or signs of stroke. | 我没看到肿瘤或者中风的迹象 |
[22:02] | Robert Haywood, is he one of your prison patients? | 罗伯特·海伍德 他是你的监狱病人吗 |
[22:04] | Um, no. Why? | 不是 怎么了 |
[22:06] | He’s a criminal, right? | 他是罪犯吧 |
[22:07] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知 不是 |
[22:10] | Decreased activity in the lower frontal lobe, | 额叶下部活动减少 |
[22:12] | significant reductions in the orbital prefrontal cortex, | 前额叶的眶部皮质显著减少 |
[22:15] | which is the regulator of morality and aggression. | 而它主要掌管道德和攻击的调节 |
[22:18] | – Oh, psychopath. – Well, in my opinion, | -精神变态 -在我看来 |
[22:21] | the best thing you can do for this patient | 对这位病人 你最好 |
[22:22] | is to put a pillow over his head. | 直接拿枕头闷死他 |
[22:31] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[22:33] | Not great. | 不太好 |
[22:35] | His larynx is still partially obstructed, | 他的喉部仍部分阻塞 |
[22:37] | and now I need ENT to come clear it out completely. | 现在我需要耳鼻喉科医生来全部清理 |
[22:39] | Are you putting him on a hold? | 你把他留院了吗 |
[22:42] | Dr. Charles believes he is rational. We can’t. | 查尔斯医生认为他是清醒的 我们不能将他留院 |
[22:46] | So that’s that? | 所以就这样 |
[22:48] | – What, we just let him die? – Not necessarily. | -我们就任由他死吗 -不尽然 |
[22:50] | Since he is rational, | 因为他是清醒的 |
[22:52] | maybe we can reason with him. | 或许我们可以说通他 |
[22:58] | Fine, as soon as he’s cleaned up. | 好 等他疏通了吧 |
[23:10] | Why are you fighting so hard for this guy? | 你为什么这么为这家伙操心 |
[23:16] | Because it’s not my job to judge him. | 因为我的工作不是对他有成见 |
[23:28] | I just got the call. The lungs are ten minutes out. | 我刚接到电话 肺还有十分钟到 |
[23:31] | His cardiac output is down, urine too. | 他的心脏输出量下降 尿也少了 |
[23:33] | He’s in multi-organ failure. | 他正在多器官衰竭 |
[23:35] | BP’s 90 over 50. | 血压是90/50 |
[23:37] | He’s not going to be stable enough for surgery. | 他的情况不够稳定 不能手术 |
[23:39] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这没道理啊 |
[23:41] | Cystic fibrosis is a chronic disease. | 囊性纤维化是一种慢性病 |
[23:43] | This is all happening too fast. | 但这一切发生太快了 |
[23:44] | Only since you put him on the ECMO. | 都是在你给他做体外膜肺氧合之后 |
[23:48] | These are symptoms of under-perfusion. | 这些是灌注不足的症状 |
[23:50] | It shouldn’t happen on ECMO. | 不会出现在体外膜肺氧合上 |
[23:52] | Unless the problem is with the ECMO itself. | 除非问题出在体外膜肺氧合本身 |
[23:57] | Let me see your readings. | 我看下你的监控数据 |
[24:01] | The flow rate’s too slow. | 流速太慢 |
[24:03] | – How long’s it been at 2.6? – Couple hours. | -流速在2.6多久了 -几小时吧 |
[24:05] | – Did you interrogate the line? – Yeah, it was clean. | -你查过管线吗 -有 是干净的 |
[24:09] | You think it’s the oxygenator? | 你怀疑是氧合器吗 |
[24:10] | Let’s find out. | 我们看看 |
[24:11] | His sats are gonna drop. We gotta do this fast. | 他的血氧量会下降 我们得快 |
[24:14] | Turn the FiO2 up to 100. | 把吸入气中的氧浓度调到100 |
[24:16] | – Shut down ECMO. – What? You’re turning it off? | -关掉体外膜肺氧合 -什么 你要关掉 |
[24:18] | I thought it was keeping him alive. | 他不是靠这东西才活着的吗 |
[24:19] | Sats are down to 80. | 血氧量降至80 |
[24:20] | We think there might be a clot in the oxygenator. | 我们怀疑氧合器里有凝块 |
[24:22] | That would impede the blood flow enough | 那会阻碍血液流通 |
[24:23] | to cause his organs to fail. | 造成他的器官衰竭 |
[24:25] | 75 75. | |
[24:27] | – Set. – Set. | -就位 -就位 |
[24:32] | Got it. | 搞定 |
[24:33] | It must’ve happened when we hung the plasma. | 一定是我们挂血浆的时候发生的 |
[24:35] | ECMO back on. | 重新接上体外膜肺氧合机 |
[24:41] | Flow rate’s at 4. | 流速为4 |
[24:44] | Sats are coming back up. 83… | 血氧饱和度在回升 83 |
[24:48] | 85… 85… | |
[24:49] | Is he gonna be okay? | 他会没事的吗 |
[24:51] | He’s getting oxygen back to his organs. | 氧气现在可以供给他的器官了 |
[24:53] | The failure should be reversible. | 衰竭应该是可逆的 |
[24:55] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[24:56] | Dr. Rhodes, Dr. Bekker… the lungs are here. | 罗德斯医生 贝克医生 肺到了 |
[25:00] | All right, let’s get him upstairs. Come on. | 好 送他上楼 走吧 |
[25:02] | You can still do the transplant? | 还能给他做移植 |
[25:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:04] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[25:06] | Come on! | 走 |
[25:09] | All right, let’s go. | 好了 走 |
[25:13] | You got this! Good job, Laura. Good job. | 你可以的 很棒 劳拉 很棒 |
[25:15] | – You’re doing great. – Nat, we’ve been pushing for 30. | -做得很棒 -小娜 已经努力了30分钟了 |
[25:17] | – Come on. – Keep pushing, keep pushing. | -加油 -继续用力 继续用力 |
[25:18] | – I can’t. – There you go. | -我不行了 -好了 |
[25:18] | You can do this, you can do this, okay? | 你可以的 你可以的 好吗 |
[25:20] | Push, push, push, push, | 用力 用力 用力 用力 |
[25:22] | push, push, push, push… | 用力 用力 用力 用力… |
[25:24] | Good job. There you go. | 很好 好了 |
[25:25] | There you go. | 好了 |
[25:26] | All right, keep pushing, Laura. | 继续用力 劳拉 |
[25:27] | You’re doing great. Keep going. | 你很棒 继续 |
[25:29] | Okay, I see the head. | 好 我看到头了 |
[25:32] | Push, push, push, push… | 用力 用力 用力 用力… |
[25:35] | Okay, here it comes. Here it comes. | 好了 出来了 出来了 |
[25:36] | Is it out? | 出来了吗 |
[25:38] | Nat… | 小娜… |
[25:40] | – What’s wrong? – Shoulder dystocia. | -怎么了 -肩部难产 |
[25:42] | The head is through the birth canal, | 头出来了 |
[25:44] | but the shoulders are too big. It’s stuck. | 但肩膀太宽 卡住了 |
[25:47] | Stuck? What do you mean stuck? | 卡住 卡住是什么意思 |
[25:48] | Don’t worry, we’re gonna get it out, | 别担心 我们会帮你把孩子生出来的 |
[25:49] | – but we need to hurry. – Call an ambulance. | -但是得快点了 -叫救护车 |
[25:51] | What? No, I’m not calling an ambulance. | 什么 不 我不叫救护车 |
[25:52] | – Call an ambulance. – What are you– | -叫救护车 -你们… |
[25:55] | what are you doing? No, no, what’s going on? | 你们在干什么 不 不 发生什么了 |
[25:57] | – You’re okay. – What are you doing? | -没事的 -你们在干什么 |
[25:57] | We’re just gonna pick your leg up. | 我们得把你的腿抬起来 |
[25:59] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[26:02] | – What are those for? – An episiotomy. | -那是用来干什么的 -做侧切的 |
[26:04] | I need to cut a wider hole for the baby to come out. | 我得切开点 给孩子更大的空间出来 |
[26:07] | I’m sorry, but this is gonna hurt. | 抱歉 但是这会很疼 |
[26:09] | Can’t you numb her? | 你们不能给她上麻醉吗 |
[26:11] | Not with the head this close, not out here. | 离头这么近的情况下是不行的 不能在这 |
[26:13] | I’ll push harder. I–I’ll get it to come out! | 我会更用力的 我会生出来的 |
[26:15] | Laura, we are past that right now, okay? | 劳拉 我们现在已经过了那个阶段了 好吗 |
[26:17] | I need you to just be strong for your baby. | 我需要你为了孩子坚强点 |
[26:20] | I can’t–I can’t– | 我不行 我不行 |
[26:22] | Laura, I promise you it will be worth it. | 劳拉 我保证这一切都是值得的 |
[26:24] | Now, are you ready? Yes? | 你准备好了吗 准备好了 |
[26:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:32] | All right, you got it. | 你可以的 |
[26:33] | You got it. | 你可以的 |
[26:38] | You did it! | 你做到了 |
[26:39] | You did it. Great job, Laura. | 你做到了 很棒 劳拉 |
[26:46] | It’s a beautiful girl. | 是个漂亮的小女孩 |
[26:54] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[26:58] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[27:02] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[27:05] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[27:13] | Pulmonary artery is cut. | 肺动脉栓子已切除 |
[27:16] | – Left lung is free. – Yep. | -左肺出来了 -好 |
[27:20] | Lungs are coming out. | 肺出来了 |
[27:22] | Keep the heart elevated. | 保持心率 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:26] | All right. | 好了 |
[27:31] | Let’s sew these new lungs in. | 我们把新的肺缝进去吧 |
[27:36] | Dr. Bekker’s gonna take the lead. | 贝克医生来吧 |
[27:37] | – Me? – Yes. | -我 -是的 |
[27:40] | – But he’s your patient. – You are the better choice. | -但他是你的病人 -由你来更好 |
[27:44] | Why would you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[27:45] | You’ve been fighting me tooth and nail all day. | 你每天和我唇枪舌战的 |
[27:47] | Your hands are smaller. | 你的手更小 |
[27:48] | It’ll be easier for you to work in the confined space. | 狭窄的地方你比较容易操作 |
[27:51] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[27:53] | And is that the only reason? The size of my hands? | 就因为这吗 就因为我的手小 |
[27:57] | Also, you are an excellent surgeon. | 还有你是个厉害的外科医生 |
[28:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:04] | Stitch? | 缝合剪 |
[28:17] | My apologies, Sharon. This is my fault. | 对不起 莎伦 这是我的错 |
[28:19] | The pizza room was my idea. | 披萨屋是我的主意 |
[28:20] | No, Maggie, I was in full support of it, | 不 麦基 我完全支持 |
[28:23] | and never stopped to think about what we were encouraging. | 永远不要忘记我们鼓励的是什么 |
[28:38] | How are you feeling? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[28:40] | Just let me go. | 让我死吧 |
[28:45] | Mr. Thomas, I can’t begin to imagine | 托马斯先生 我不知道 |
[28:48] | what your life is like… | 你的生活是怎样的… |
[28:51] | But one thing I know is that it can’t get better | 但是我知道的是 如果你不让我们帮你的话 |
[28:53] | unless you let me help you. | 情况会变得更糟 |
[28:56] | Now, I’ve talked to the oncologist… | 我和肿瘤学家聊过了 |
[28:57] | – Enough. – And we have a real chance | -够了 -我们有很大的机会 |
[28:59] | at getting you into remission. | 能减轻你的病痛 |
[29:02] | Please, just take a few minutes to at least consider it. | 拜托 至少考虑一下 |
[29:11] | Mr. Thomas, can I ask you a question? | 托马斯先生 我能问你个问题吗 |
[29:15] | You have a job, right? | 你有工作 对吗 |
[29:17] | Coworkers, do you get along with some of them? | 同事 你和他们相处的好吗 |
[29:20] | Yeah. So? | 是的 所以呢 |
[29:23] | How about interests? | 兴趣爱好呢 |
[29:25] | Reading? Sports? | 看书 运动 |
[29:29] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[29:31] | That you are not just a pedophile. | 你不只是个恋童癖 |
[29:34] | There is more to you than that. | 你不止如此 |
[29:38] | And I understand that you have been | 我明白你这辈子 |
[29:39] | challenged by your thoughts your entire life, | 一直在接受想法的挑战 |
[29:41] | but you have overcome them. | 但你都克服了 |
[29:45] | Maybe this cancer is just another challenge, | 或许癌症只是另一个挑战 |
[29:47] | something that you can overcome as well, | 也是你能克服的 |
[29:49] | so you can get back | 这样你才能 |
[29:51] | to all of the parts of your life that you do like. | 回归生活中你喜欢的部分 |
[29:53] | Doctor, I have an itch… | 医生 我每时每刻 |
[29:56] | every second of every day. | 都感觉都一种心痒 |
[29:59] | To scratch it would feel so good, | 去挠一挠会让我舒服很多 |
[30:02] | but I don’t, ever. | 但我从没有挠过 |
[30:06] | Not scratching that itch | 不去挠 |
[30:08] | is the worst hell that I can imagine, | 是最恐怖的地狱 |
[30:13] | and cancer is gonna get me out of that hell. | 癌症会救我离开那个地狱 |
[30:17] | It isn’t another challenge… | 癌症不是另一个挑战 |
[30:21] | Cancer is my reward. | 而是我的奖赏 |
[30:31] | So, Bob, I know that we haven’t | 鲍勃 我知道我们 |
[30:32] | known each other very long at all, | 认识得并不太久 |
[30:34] | but from what I’ve observed | 但通过我的观察 |
[30:36] | and our conversations, | 还有我们的对话 |
[30:38] | it’s my opinion that you evident | 我觉得你表现出的 |
[30:41] | some of the hallmark characteristics | 是一种称为 |
[30:43] | of something known as | 反社会人格障碍的 |
[30:45] | Antisocial Personality Disorder. | 主要特征 |
[30:47] | Huh. Interesting. | 有意思 |
[30:50] | That could explain a lot about my life. | 那我生活中的很多东西就说得通了 |
[30:53] | I mean, divorces, | 离婚 |
[30:55] | – problems with colleagues. – Right, right. | -跟同事不合 -对对 |
[30:57] | Well, you should know that it’s very manageable. I mean– | 你应该知道 这是可控的 我是说… |
[30:59] | No, I–I’ve got things handled. | 不 我都处理好了 |
[31:02] | – I’m okay. – Are you, though? | -我没事 -真的吗 |
[31:04] | Because, very honestly, from what I’ve seen, | 因为 说实话 据我观察 |
[31:06] | that you aren’t in fact always the best judge | 你并不是总能为自己的利益 |
[31:09] | of your own self-interest. | 做出最好的判断 |
[31:12] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[31:13] | Well, you have significant heart disease, | 你有严重的心脏病 |
[31:15] | which, one way or the other, is gonna require | 所以无论如何你迟早都会需要 |
[31:17] | serious long-term care. | 大量又长期的看护 |
[31:19] | Your plan is to have your daughter provide that care, | 你的计划是让你女儿提供那种看护 |
[31:23] | a daughter whose father | 可是你这个父亲 |
[31:24] | has suddenly reappeared in her life after 20 years. | 是在她生命中消失了二十年后突然才出现的 |
[31:28] | I mean, she’s gonna have trust issues, | 她会有信任问题 |
[31:30] | abandonment issues. | 抛弃问题 |
[31:32] | What I’m saying is if you want this | 我的意思是 如果你想 |
[31:33] | to work out with Sarah, | 跟莎拉和好 |
[31:35] | it would be a really good idea | 那跟她说你的人格障碍 |
[31:36] | to discuss this personality disorder. | 真的会是个好主意 |
[31:39] | And why would that help me? | 这怎么对我有益了 |
[31:41] | Well, first of all, I think she’d appreciate your candor. | 首先 我觉得她会感谢你的坦诚 |
[31:44] | She’d be comforted by your honesty. | 她会因为你的诚实感到欣慰 |
[31:46] | More importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[31:47] | it would shed a huge amount of light on–on her life, | 这会对她的人生产生很积极的影响 |
[31:49] | on what transpired between the two of you. | 对你们二人之间的关系也是 |
[31:53] | I think, ultimately, she’d embrace your care, | 我觉得最终她会心甘情愿去照顾你 |
[31:55] | she’d throw herself into it, | 她会全身心投入进去 |
[31:56] | and that the time you spend together | 那样你们的父女时间 |
[31:58] | would just be much richer for the both of you. | 对你们两个人都会更有质量 |
[32:02] | Or she could have the opposite reaction. | 或者她会有相反的反应 |
[32:04] | Antisocial Personality Disorder? | 反社会人格障碍 |
[32:07] | I mean, that’s like saying I’m a psychopath. | 这就好比说我是个精神变态 |
[32:09] | I mean, when people hear that word, | 如果有人听到那个词 |
[32:11] | they run in the opposite direction. | 肯定会远远地跑开 |
[32:14] | Labels, semantics can be toxic. | 标签 含义有时候会有毒 |
[32:17] | Whatever the case, all I’m saying is that | 无论如何 我就只想说 |
[32:19] | I think it would be very much in your best interest | 我觉得跟你女儿说明情况 |
[32:22] | to share this with your daughter. | 会对你最有利 |
[32:32] | She’s so happy. | 她好开心 |
[32:35] | All she does is smile. | 她一直笑 |
[32:42] | Laura… | 劳拉 |
[32:44] | we need to take you to the hospital. | 我们需要送你去医院 |
[32:50] | You said I could stay here. | 你说我可以待在这里 |
[32:52] | You could give birth out here, | 你可以在这里生产 |
[32:54] | but it’s not a safe place to keep her. | 但让孩子待在这里不安全 |
[32:56] | It’s too cold. She’ll freeze. | 这里天寒地冻 她会冻坏的 |
[32:59] | But if we come in, we’ll have to go to foster care. | 但如果我们去医院 我们就只能进寄养系统 |
[33:05] | She’s too good for that. I won’t let her. | 不能让她进寄养系统 我不会让她那样 |
[33:08] | Laura… | 劳拉 |
[33:09] | I’m sorry, but we don’t have a choice. | 抱歉 我们别无选择 |
[33:23] | – Take her without me. – What? | -带她一个人走吧 -什么 |
[33:28] | Babies with 16-year-old mothers go into foster care. | 有个16岁母亲的婴儿进寄养系统 |
[33:33] | But babies on their own… | 与只有婴儿一个人相比… |
[33:36] | Get adopted into nice families. | 更能到个好人家去 |
[33:41] | Laura, this is your baby. | 劳拉 她是你的孩子 |
[33:43] | You’ll never see her again. | 这样你以后就再也见不到她了 |
[33:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:50] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这样的 |
[33:58] | You’re gonna have a good life. | 你会有美好的人生 |
[34:33] | Hey, thought you’d wanna know | 你应该会想知道 |
[34:35] | we’re settling that case out of court. | 那个案子我们私了了 |
[34:37] | Yeah, I figured the hospital wouldn’t want the bad press. | 我就知道医院不会想要不好的影响 |
[34:40] | We’ll move on. Hopefully, it’s just an isolated incident. | 过去就好了 希望那只是个例 |
[34:43] | It should be. | 应该是 |
[34:44] | It turns out the pizza room was the source of the problem, | 事实证明披萨屋是问题的源头 |
[34:46] | so I shut it down. | 所以我关掉了 |
[34:48] | – Wait, what? – I shut down the pizza room. | -慢着 什么 -我把披萨屋关掉了 |
[34:51] | No. No, no, no, the board’s not gonna let you do that. | 不…董事会不会让你那样做的 |
[34:54] | – Why not? – It was influencing the decision-making | -为什么不 -它在影响救护车人员的 |
[34:57] | of ambulance crews. | 决策 |
[34:59] | And it’s making this hospital a lot of money. | 它正给医院带来巨大利益 |
[35:01] | The E.D. Has shown a 14% increase in revenue | 从它设立以来 急诊室的利润 |
[35:04] | – since it opened. – Are you serious? | -增长了14个百分点 -你是认真的吗 |
[35:06] | Sharon… the pizza room stays open. | 莎伦…披萨屋得一直开着 |
[35:18] | His obstruction must be eroding into the mucosa. | 他的阻塞肯定侵蚀到了黏膜 |
[35:20] | Hang two units. | 上两个单位 |
[35:21] | Vic, you’re losing too much blood. | 维克 你现在失血过多 |
[35:23] | I need to cauterize the vessels. | 我得烧灼血管 |
[35:24] | No…you don’t. | 不 别那样 |
[35:27] | Hey, I’m sorry, but I don’t have a choice. | 抱歉 但是我别无选择 |
[35:30] | Yes…you do. | 有的 你有的 |
[35:35] | Hanging the blood. | 正在输血 |
[35:36] | Get me a cautery. | 给我一把烙刀 |
[35:39] | – There’s one in Trauma 3. – Okay. | -创伤科三号有一把 -好的 |
[36:06] | It won’t be long. | 马上就过去了 |
[36:32] | Time of death: 19:21. | 死亡时间19点21分 |
[36:51] | How’s it going, bud? How’s it feel? | 伙计 怎么样了 感觉如何 |
[36:54] | Sore, but good. | 疼 但还好 |
[36:57] | Good. | 那就好 |
[36:58] | Well, don’t go anywhere, okay? | 别乱跑 好吗 |
[37:01] | I’m gonna be back to check on you in just a little bit. | 我过一会儿就回来看你 |
[37:09] | I have to admit, your way worked. | 我得承认 你的方法奏效了 |
[37:12] | You got him to the finish line. | 你把他救了回来 |
[37:13] | I think we both know | 我们都知道 |
[37:14] | that I couldn’t have done this without you. | 没有你 我不可能做到的 |
[37:17] | Say, uh… | 话说… |
[37:21] | I cancelled my plans. | 我取消了计划 |
[37:25] | Um…what do you say we go get that drink? | 我们去喝一杯怎么样 |
[37:32] | No. | 算了 |
[37:35] | Last night was a mistake. | 昨晚就是个错误 |
[37:42] | I was wrong about Laura. | 我错看了劳拉 |
[37:43] | I don’t know if I could’ve done what she did. | 我不知道自己能不能做到她所做的 |
[37:45] | Those kids surprised me too. | 那些孩子也让我很惊讶 |
[37:47] | I just hate the thought of them out there, | 我只是不喜欢看到他们流浪在外 |
[37:49] | having to take care of themselves. | 他们要自己照顾自己 |
[37:50] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[37:52] | Oh, there’s DCFS. | 儿童与家庭服务部的人在那里 |
[37:55] | – I got it. – Okay. | -我来 -好 |
[38:02] | Hey, I am so sorry about earlier. | 之前的事情 我很抱歉 |
[38:05] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[38:06] | It’s just, I had the most awful, | 今天是我过的最糟糕 |
[38:08] | yet the most incredible day. | 最不可思议的一天 |
[38:10] | There is this girl who lives at– | 有个女孩住在… |
[38:11] | Hey, Nat, I’m not really in the mood to talk right now. | 小娜 我现在真的没有心情跟你聊天 |
[38:14] | Oh, okay. Are you all right? | 好吧 你还好吗 |
[38:17] | Yeah, it’s just… uh, don’t ask. | 你就先… 别问了 |
[38:34] | That patient… | 那个病人… |
[38:36] | I judged him. | 我对他有成见 |
[38:38] | I should’ve just… been his nurse. | 我应该当好他的护士 |
[38:42] | Sometimes it’s really hard not to judge. | 有时候真的很难抛弃成见 |
[38:46] | I’ve been there. | 我是过来人 |
[38:50] | You mind if we, uh, | 你介意我们 |
[38:52] | take a rain check on dinner tonight? | 把今天的晚餐改期吗 |
[38:54] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[39:04] | Hey there. | 你好啊 |
[39:07] | Everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[39:12] | No. | 不好 |
[39:13] | No, I, um–I just had a long talk with my dad, | 我跟我爸爸谈了很久 |
[39:17] | and it turns out he has class III heart failure | 结果发现他三级心脏衰竭 |
[39:19] | from cardiomyopathy. | 心肌病引起的 |
[39:21] | Oh, man. Very sorry to hear that. | 天啊 很遗憾 |
[39:24] | Yeah, you know, he said he wasn’t gonna tell me. | 他说他不准备告诉我的 |
[39:27] | – Said he was afraid. – Afraid? | -他说他很害怕 -害怕 |
[39:30] | That he just came back into my life, | 他刚刚回到我的生活 |
[39:32] | and now if he dies, | 如果他现在死了 |
[39:33] | he doesn’t know what it might do to me. | 他不知道这会给我带来什么样的伤害 |
[39:36] | Said he worries he’s giving me issues | 他说他担心给我带来困扰 |
[39:37] | with abandonment and trust. | 关于抛弃和信任 |
[39:40] | Oh…wow, he said that, huh? | 他那样说了吗 |
[39:44] | Yeah, as sick as he is, he–he didn’t wanna tell me. | 虽然病得那么严重 他还是不想告诉我 |
[39:50] | That is so…selfless. | 真的太无私了 |
[39:56] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[39:57] | Maybe I need to look at things more from his perspective. | 或许我应该更多地从他的角度思考问题 |
[40:01] | Dr. Reese, did your– | 里斯医生 |
[40:02] | did your father tell you anything else? | 你的父亲跟你说别的事情了吗 |
[40:07] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[40:08] | I’m just curious, you know. | 我只是好奇 |
[40:10] | Nothing else? | 没别的了吗 |
[40:13] | No. | 没有 |
[40:29] | – Ethan. – Hey. | -伊森 -你好 |
[40:32] | Why are you here? | 你来干什么 |
[40:36] | I just wanted to see how you’re doing. | 我只是想看看你过得怎么样 |
[40:43] | Maybe, I should’ve called. | 也许我该先打个电话 |
[40:46] | No, it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[40:52] | Your hair’s longer. | 你的头发长了 |
[40:55] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[40:57] | Yours is… | 你的… |
[41:00] | Shorter. | 短了 |
[41:09] | Okay if I come in? | 我能进去吗 |
[41:14] | Yeah. Okay. | 当然 来吧 |