时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – April. – Huh? | -艾普尔 -怎么了 |
[00:03] | – Cutting board? – Corner cabinet | -砧板在哪 -角柜里 |
[00:05] | by the lazy Susan. | 就在餐桌转盘旁边 |
[00:06] | – Yeah. – And you still haven’t weighed in | -好 -你还没告诉我 |
[00:08] | on the paint choices that I asked you about. | 我之前问你颜料怎么选 |
[00:10] | Uh, what room is that for again? | 哪间房间来着 |
[00:12] | The den. Come on, Tate. | 小房间 拜托 塔特 |
[00:14] | I’ve been working on this remodel for weeks. | 我已经专心改造好几周了 |
[00:16] | I know. I know. I’m sorry, babe. | 我知道 我很抱歉 宝贝 |
[00:18] | I love that you’re making my house our house. | 你把我家变成我们的家我很喜欢 |
[00:21] | I love that we set a date for the wedding. | 我也很高兴我们定了婚期 |
[00:23] | – But I’m driving you crazy. – Yep. | -但我都快把你逼疯了 -没错 |
[00:26] | You know what? | 我知道了 |
[00:27] | Stuck in a house on TB leave– I get it. | 你放肺结核假很闲 我明白了 |
[00:30] | I mean, I’ve been trying to keep busy, | 我不想闲着 |
[00:32] | ’cause when I’m not, I can’t help but worry. | 我闲着就会瞎担心 |
[00:36] | First ultrasound today. | 今天第一次超声检查吗 |
[00:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[00:40] | It’s gonna be perfect. | 结果会很好的 |
[00:59] | Are you crazy? Where’s your jacket? | 你疯了吗 你的外套呢 |
[01:00] | Don’t need it. I love the crisp winter air. | 不需要 我喜欢冬天新鲜的空气 |
[01:03] | Yeah, right. I can see your goose bumps. | 是啊 我都看到你的鸡皮疙瘩起来了 |
[01:05] | Oh, you mean my pilomotor reflex? | 你是说我的竖毛反射吗 |
[01:08] | Oh, good God. | 老天爷 |
[01:11] | Anyway, this weather is balmy. | 这天气还算温和 |
[01:12] | Do you remember that February | 你还记得二月吗 |
[01:14] | when you and Jeff and me and Lisa | 你和杰夫 我还有丽莎 |
[01:16] | we rented that cabin at Lake Mendota? | 我们在曼多塔湖边租了一间小屋 |
[01:18] | – Yes. – And then we got hammered | -没错 -我们在储藏室里发现了 |
[01:20] | on that box of wine we found in the pantry. | 一箱酒 喝个烂醉 |
[01:21] | Which led to the hot tub. | 然后就去了浴缸哟 |
[01:23] | Which led to you sneaking a peek. | 然后你就偷看了 |
[01:25] | I did not! Did you? | 我没有 你有吗 |
[01:28] | No. Course not. | 我当然没有 |
[01:32] | You’re terrible. | 你太坏了 |
[01:35] | Seems like a lifetime ago. | 感觉像是上辈子的事了 |
[01:37] | How’d we lose touch for so long? | 我们怎么会失联这么久 |
[01:40] | I’m not sure. | 不知道 |
[01:46] | Life of a med student. Lunch’ll wait. | 医学生的苦日子 午餐还是等等吧 |
[01:51] | Ricky Wade, GCS 15, vitals stable. | 里基·韦德 十五级昏迷 生命体征稳定 |
[01:54] | You’re going to Treatment 4, Dr. Choi. | 去第四治疗室 崔医生 |
[01:55] | Trauma to the left ear with hematoma, | 左耳创伤有血肿 |
[01:57] | multiple dislocated fingers, | 多根手指脱臼 |
[01:59] | expanding hematoma of the anterior thigh. | 大腿前侧血肿扩大 |
[02:00] | Refused the board and collar. | 拒绝使用担架和颈圈 |
[02:02] | I’m not a cripple. I could’a walked. | 我不是残废 我可以走 |
[02:03] | I know. MMA. Feel no pain, right? | 我知道 拳击手 不痛是吗 |
[02:04] | Any loss of consciousness? Dizziness? | 意识有模糊吗 头晕吗 |
[02:07] | Hell no. That bitch barely connected. | 没有 那个贱人才被打晕了 |
[02:08] | Cage doc called the fight. | 现场医生叫停了比赛 |
[02:10] | Said it was a freakin’ bloodbath. | 说那根本就是大屠杀 |
[02:11] | All right. Let’s get an IV in him, | 好 给他静脉注射 |
[02:12] | then a gram of Ancef. | 加一克头孢唑林 |
[02:14] | The opponent? | 是对手吗 |
[02:15] | Yep. You’re going to Treatment 3. | 对 你们去第三治疗室 |
[02:17] | – Thanks. – Cyrus Hammad. GCS 15. | -谢谢 -赛勒斯·哈马德 十五级昏迷 |
[02:19] | Significant swelling to his left eye | 左眼肿胀 |
[02:21] | and bruising on the right flank. | 右侧齿面淤伤 |
[02:22] | No loss of consciousness, | 意识清醒 |
[02:23] | but the fight doc wanted to have him looked at anyway. | 但场医想让他过来检查一下 |
[02:25] | You’re lucky that doc stopped the fight. | 医生喊停算你走运 |
[02:27] | I would’ve pounded you into a living– | 我会把你揍扁… |
[02:28] | Hey! Not in the cage anymore, huh? Give it a rest. | 这里不是赛场 消停会儿吧 |
[02:32] | History and physical and a detailed neuro exam. | 要病史 体检以及详细的神经检查信息 |
[02:33] | Got it. I’ll shout if I need you. | 明白 有了就喊你 |
[02:35] | Yeah. | 好 |
[02:39] | – Excuse me. – Yes? | -不好意思 -怎么了 |
[02:40] | I’m looking for my brother, Cyrus Hammad. | 我在找我兄弟 赛勒斯·哈马德 |
[02:42] | Cheating-ass punks. | 作弊鬼 |
[02:44] | What did you do? Grease some palms? | 你做了什么 贿赂人了吗 |
[02:46] | You know your bro was getting his ass beat. | 你知道你兄弟要被狠揍了 |
[02:47] | I’m gonna need security in the ED. | 急诊科需要安保人员 |
[02:49] | Dr. Choi! Stop him! | 崔医生 拦住他 |
[02:51] | Come on! Come on! Come on! | 住手 住手 |
[02:54] | – Chill out! – Walk away. | -冷静 -出去 |
[02:57] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吧 -没事 |
[03:09] | It’s swollen. Let’s get some ice on his thigh and hands. | 肿了 拿点冰放在他的大腿和手上 |
[03:14] | Had that A-rab eating mat in the first round. | 第一轮打败了那个阿拉伯佬 |
[03:16] | Should’a stomped him into oblivion. | 就该一脚踩爆他 |
[03:18] | You’ve got a lot of blood in your ear, Mr. Wade. | 你耳朵里有很多血 韦德先生 |
[03:19] | I need to release the pressure around the cartilage | 我要减轻软骨的压力 |
[03:21] | or it will cauliflower. | 否则会爆 |
[03:22] | Skip the lido. | 别推销了 |
[03:24] | Last thing I need’s a mile-long hospital bill. | 我不想要一张一米长的医院账单 |
[03:26] | You’re gonna feel it. You sure? | 会很疼 你确定吗 |
[03:30] | Suit yourself. | 随你便 |
[03:37] | Damn it, that hurts like a mother. | 见鬼 痛死我了 |
[03:40] | Bastard was all about cheap shots. | 那些混蛋就会恶意中伤 |
[03:42] | Towel head. What do you expect? | 阿拉伯佬 你还指望他们怎样 |
[03:48] | Gonna put a dressing on the ear | 给耳朵包扎 |
[03:49] | and get a CT head and face. | 给头和面部做个CT |
[03:52] | Also some X-rays of the hands. | 手部照一下X光 |
[04:01] | What have we got? | 什么情况 |
[04:03] | Moderate swelling in his left orbit, | 左眼眶中度肿胀 |
[04:05] | probable fracture. | 可能是骨折 |
[04:06] | Inbreds. Always go for the low-hanging fruit. | 恶毒 专挑脆弱的地方下手 |
[04:10] | Elbow strike? | 肘击吗 |
[04:11] | Hammerfist. | 是拳头 |
[04:12] | Sounds bad. I know. But it was a legal shot. | 听起来是很糟糕 但是合法的动作 |
[04:18] | May have a couple fractured ribs. | 可能有几根肋骨折了 |
[04:20] | CT orbits and facial bones to start, | 眼眶做CT 从面骨开始 |
[04:22] | chest X-ray for the ribs? | 胸部做X光吗 |
[04:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:28] | I should hit up Rasheed. | 我该揍拉希德 |
[04:30] | Get these jackasses in the parking lot, | 在停车场干翻他们 |
[04:31] | show them how the towel heads do it. | 让他们看看阿拉伯佬的做事方法 |
[04:33] | Aamir, let it go. | 阿米尔 就这样吧 |
[04:35] | This is why you fight, Cyrus. | 这是你斗争的意义 赛勒斯 |
[04:36] | Not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[04:38] | You can’t control ignorance, | 你无法控制愚昧 |
[04:39] | only how you react. | 你只想报仇 |
[04:42] | Surah Al shura verse 40. | 苏拉恕拉第40章 |
[05:02] | Scans may take a while. | 检查可能会花一点时间 |
[05:04] | Moving around’s gonna hurt like hell. | 过程中你要动 会很疼 |
[05:06] | How’s a bit of morphine sound? | 给你一点吗啡怎么样 |
[05:07] | Like heaven. | 求之不得 |
[05:16] | Findings showed that people with higher confidence tend | 研究表明自信心强大的人会倾向于 |
[05:19] | to use open, expansive postures. | 使用更为开放的身体语言 |
[05:21] | Sure. Runner crosses the finish line, | 是啊 运动员到达终点线后 |
[05:24] | throw their hands up in victory. | 会高举双手庆祝胜利 |
[05:25] | Exactly. Conversely, those who are timid or defensive | 没错 与之相反 那些胆小或防御性强的人 |
[05:28] | make themselves small. | 会让自己更渺小 |
[05:30] | They’ll slouch in their seats, | 他们会缩在座位里 |
[05:31] | cross their arms, their legs, | 交叉双臂 双腿 |
[05:33] | and actually what is really cool is, um– | 其实最有意思的是… |
[05:36] | Hey. How you guys doing? | 你们好吗 |
[05:37] | – Good, good. – So far, so good. | -很好 -还不错 |
[05:39] | You know, just another day. | 又是普通的一天 |
[05:43] | Um, so, dinner tonight? Our usual spot? | 今晚一起吃饭 老地方 |
[05:46] | – You got it. – Good. | -好的 -好 |
[05:50] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:54] | I will catch you guys later. | 待会见 |
[06:00] | Crossed arms. | 双臂交叉 |
[06:01] | – What? – Crossed arms. | -什么 -双臂交叉 |
[06:05] | – Sorry. – Hey, Daniel? | -不好意思 -丹尼尔 |
[06:07] | I need you to evaluate a potential organ recipient | 我要你评估一名候选器官接受者的状况 |
[06:11] | to see if she’s a candidate for transplant. | 看看她是否能接受移植 |
[06:15] | Her name’s Meghan Scott. | 她叫梅根·斯科特 |
[06:16] | LVAD. Still in SICU. | 左心室辅助装置 还在外科监护室 |
[06:18] | I know it’s delicate, | 我知道时间很紧 |
[06:20] | but if you could get it back to me by the end of the day? | 但你能不能今天就给我个结果 |
[06:24] | I will do my very best. | 我会尽量 |
[06:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:27] | Yeah. For two at 8:00 P.M. | 嗯 八点钟两位 |
[06:30] | Great. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[06:33] | Look at you, all smiles. | 看你满面笑容的 |
[06:35] | Hot date? | 激情约会 |
[06:36] | Surprise date. | 惊喜约会 |
[06:38] | I’m taking Nina to this French restaurant on Monroe, | 我要带尼娜去门罗的法国餐厅 |
[06:40] | – Cochon Volant Brasserie. – Nice. | -蠢猪展翅餐馆 -真不错 |
[06:42] | Actually, it’s Cochon Volant Brasserie. | 其实是纯珍展翅餐厅 |
[06:45] | Dr. Stohl. | 斯托尔医生 |
[06:47] | Personally, I prefer Alinea. | 我个人更喜欢阿莉尼亚 |
[06:48] | It’s American molecular gastronomy at its finest. | 能做出美国最好的分子美食 |
[06:52] | Highly ranked on the S.Pelligrino list. | 在圣培露榜单上排名很高 |
[06:54] | Didn’t realize you were back from your sabbatical already. | 我还不知道你已经休假结束了 |
[06:56] | Or that you spoke French. | 也不知道你讲法语 |
[06:58] | Enough to get by. | 寒暄够了 |
[07:02] | Something I can do for you, Dr. Stohl? | 有什么需要我帮助的吗 斯托尔医生 |
[07:05] | My “Sabbatical” Was a World Health Organization assignment. | 我的”休假”是世界卫生组织指派的任务 |
[07:09] | I advised nongovernmental emergency medical teams | 我负责向民营应急医疗队提供建议 |
[07:12] | on how best to respond and treat SODs. | 如何最好的应对治疗SOD |
[07:17] | Sudden Onset Disasters. | 突发性灾难 |
[07:20] | We should sit down and talk about it. | 我们应该好好聊一聊 |
[07:22] | Sure. Sounds great. | 好啊 听起来不错 |
[07:28] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[07:30] | The troll. | 巨怪 |
[07:32] | Our beloved Chief of Emergency Medicine. | 我们最爱的急诊科主任 |
[07:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:35] | Talk about sudden onset disasters. | 这才叫突发性灾难 |
[07:38] | I’ve been sober almost three years. | 我已经戒酒三年了 |
[07:41] | It’s–it’s not been easy. | 的确不容易 |
[07:43] | Temptation never really goes away. | 那种诱惑一直存在 |
[07:45] | But you’ve done it, Mom. | 但你成功了 妈妈 |
[07:48] | Um, you been going to meetings? | 你一直在去戒酒会吗 |
[07:50] | Alcoholics Anonymous? I tried, | 匿名戒酒会吗 我试过 |
[07:52] | but the endless talk about hitting rock bottom– | 但是那些人没完没了地说失败… |
[07:55] | I know it’s supposed to be cathartic, | 我知道那本来是给我们宣泄的 |
[07:58] | but it just put me in a worse mental space. | 但那只会让我的精神状况更差 |
[08:03] | So, no meetings, no therapy. | 所以你没有参加戒酒会 也没有参加治疗 |
[08:05] | Um, any relapses? | 有酒瘾复发过吗 |
[08:08] | Wow. Well, it’s remarkable that you’ve been able to stay sober. | 你能坚持戒酒真的很了不起 |
[08:11] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[08:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:15] | I–I started meditating | 我开始冥想 |
[08:16] | and setting small, achievable goals, | 给自己定一个个能实现的小目标 |
[08:20] | and of course, Bria. | 当然了还多亏了布里亚 |
[08:23] | The crew Mom used to hang with– | 以前经常和妈妈一起的那帮人 |
[08:27] | I helped her see they were bad influences. | 我帮她看清楚了他们是一帮损友 |
[08:29] | She dropped them all. | 她和他们都断了联系 |
[08:30] | No more bars, nightlife. | 不去酒吧 不夜不归宿 |
[08:34] | She’s a homebody now. | 她现在很居家 |
[08:37] | It’s senior year. Must be nice to have Mom home more. | 今年你高三 妈妈多在家对你来说肯定也好多了 |
[08:40] | – Is college in the picture? – Yes. | -准备上大学吗 -当然 |
[08:43] | But not right away. | 但不打算马上申请 |
[08:45] | We’ve agreed I’d take a year off before applying. | 我们说好要等一年之后再申请 |
[08:53] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[08:54] | A bit parched. | 有点干 |
[09:01] | I just–I just want this to be over. | 我只是…我只是希望早点结束 |
[09:05] | It’s just important that you understand that… | 我们希望你能明白… |
[09:08] | this would be a life-changing event, the surgery, | 这个手术会改变你一生 |
[09:11] | and could really shake up your and Bria’s routine, | 会完全改变你和布里亚的人生 |
[09:14] | so it’s very important that you– | 所以你必须要… |
[09:17] | you have a postsurgical plan in place. | 你得有术后恢复计划 |
[09:20] | I plan to keep doing what I’ve been doing. | 我准备继续这样下去 |
[09:22] | Going solo has worked. | 一个人恢复很有用 |
[09:25] | I need to make sure it keeps working. | 我得确保这能一直有用 |
[09:34] | What’s the status with the room change, Maggie? | 换病房的事怎么样了 麦基 |
[09:35] | These guys next-door to each other are like napalm. | 那些隔壁的人就像汽油弹一样 |
[09:38] | I’m working on it, Dr. Choi. | 我在努力 崔医生 |
[09:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:49] | Hey, man. Where you headed? | 伙计 你去哪 |
[09:52] | To grab a pop. | 去买可乐 |
[09:54] | Vending machine’s in the waiting room, that way. | 自动贩卖机在那边的休息室 |
[09:57] | So that’s how it’s gonna be? | 你打算这么玩 |
[10:00] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[10:09] | Hey, don’t let those ass-wipes get to you. | 别被这些混蛋影响了 |
[10:12] | Just trying to be tough guys. | 他们只是装装样子 |
[10:14] | No, Jeff. | 不 杰夫 |
[10:16] | It goes deeper. | 没这么简单 |
[10:19] | Not many families with the last name Choi where I grew up. | 我的故乡姓崔的家族可不多 |
[10:22] | Know the type all too well. | 我太了解这些人了 |
[10:29] | Dr. Manning, you’re going to Trauma 3. | 曼宁医生 你去创伤科三号 |
[10:31] | – Got it. – Ted Baylor. 21-year-old male. | -好 -泰德·贝勒 21岁男性 |
[10:33] | Friends found him in his dorm room | 朋友发现他在寝室里 |
[10:35] | hooked up to the Xbox and unresponsive. | 拿着XBOX 失去了知觉 |
[10:37] | Gave him fluids and oxygen in the field. | 路上已经给他输液和输氧 |
[10:39] | – Glucose level? – Blood sugar’s 800. | -血糖水平 -血糖八百 |
[10:42] | That’s sky-high. | 突破天际 |
[10:43] | See the train kept rolling without me. | 看来没有我你们也没问题啊 |
[10:44] | – Yep. – Welcome back. We missed you. | -是啊 -欢迎回来 我们很想你 |
[10:48] | All right. On my count. | 听我口令 |
[10:50] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[10:54] | Mr. Baylor? Mr. Baylor? | 贝勒先生 贝勒先生 |
[10:56] | – He’s out. Sternal? – Yep. | -他晕过去了 胸腔问题吗 -是的 |
[11:01] | There he is. | 他醒了 |
[11:02] | Mr. Baylor, do you know where you are? | 贝勒先生 你知道你在哪吗 |
[11:04] | Hospital. | 医院 |
[11:05] | Okay. He’s able to speak and protect his airway. | 好的 他还能说话 保护他的气道 |
[11:08] | Good breath sounds. Lungs are clear. | 呼吸音不错 肺部也没问题 |
[11:10] | Maintaining oxygen saturation. | 维持氧饱和度 |
[11:12] | All right, let’s keep him on the O2, | 好的 氧气供应不要断 |
[11:13] | bolus another liter of fluid, | 给他挂点水 |
[11:14] | and start an insulin drip. | 准备注射胰岛素 |
[11:15] | Labs? | 要化验吗 |
[11:16] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[11:18] | Likely diabetic ketoacidosis, | 可能是糖尿病酮酸中毒 |
[11:19] | so, CBC, CMP, VBG, | 做下血常规 血液生化 静脉血糖 |
[11:22] | hemoglobin, A1-C, and another Accu-Chek. | 血红蛋白 糖化血红蛋白 还有末梢血糖检查 |
[11:25] | For cardiac, troponin and an EKG. | 检查下心脏 肌钙蛋白 做个心电图 |
[11:28] | Nice job. | 干得好 |
[11:33] | Help! Help! | 救命 |
[11:34] | Something’s wrong! | 出问题了 |
[11:35] | I got it. What happened? | 我来 怎么了 |
[11:39] | What happened? | 什么情况 |
[11:40] | He was talking, and then his eyes rolled back. | 他刚刚说话说着说着就两眼一翻 |
[11:42] | I–I don’t– | 我不… |
[11:45] | Got a pulse, but he can’t protect his airway. | 还有脉搏 但他没法保护自己的气道 |
[11:47] | We need to intubate. Draw up meds. | 需要给他插管 准备好药物 |
[11:48] | 20 of etomidate, 100 of sux. | 20毫克依托咪酯 100毫克司可林 |
[11:51] | – Is he gonna be okay? – We’ll see. | -他没事吧 -还不知道 |
[11:59] | Hold the meds. | 先别上药 |
[12:00] | Don’t need them. No gag reflex. | 不需要了 没有呕吐反射 |
[12:03] | I’m in. Bag him. | 插好了 上氧气 |
[12:05] | Let’s get an OG tube down to decompress his stomach. | 用口胃管给他的胃减压 |
[12:10] | – Pupil’s blown. – Must have a head bleed. | -瞳孔开始发散了 -头部一定有出血状况 |
[12:12] | Page neurosurgery. We need a stat head CT. | 呼叫神经外科 马上给他做脑部CT |
[12:34] | Dr. Manning, I presume? | 我想你是曼宁医生吧 |
[12:36] | I know. Corny. | 好吧 挺老土的 |
[12:38] | A little. But making jokes? Feeling better? | 一点点 但你能开玩笑了 一定好些了吧 |
[12:41] | Compared to before? | 跟之前比吗 |
[12:42] | I mean, it still feels like I got hit by a truck. | 还是感觉很难受 像被卡车撞了似的 |
[12:46] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[12:47] | Your body wasn’t producing enough insulin | 你的身体没有产生足够的胰岛素 |
[12:49] | to control your blood sugar, | 来控制你的血糖 |
[12:51] | so it spiked and it knocked you out. | 血糖飚升 你也因此晕倒了 |
[12:53] | – Is it diabetes? – Yes. | -是糖尿病吗 -没错 |
[12:56] | But the crisis period is over. | 但危险期已经过了 |
[12:58] | Your blood sugar levels are improving. | 你的血糖水平正在恢复正常 |
[13:04] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[13:06] | It’s just a little tender. | 还是有一点痛 |
[13:08] | Do you mind if I take a look? | 介意我帮你看看吗 |
[13:17] | Pain scale, one to ten? | 疼痛级别 一到十你觉得是几 |
[13:19] | 12. | 十二 |
[13:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:21] | How long has your stomach been hurting? | 你胃痛有多久了 |
[13:24] | A few days. | 有几天了 |
[13:24] | I mean, it’s winter break. | 圣诞假期嘛 |
[13:26] | Just more cheap beer and pizza than usual. | 难免比平常多喝了点便宜啤酒多吃了点披萨 |
[13:31] | I figured it was just indigestion. | 我以为是消化不良 |
[13:32] | Is it the diabetes? | 居然是糖尿病吗 |
[13:35] | No. | 不 |
[13:38] | Gallstones. | 是胆结石 |
[13:41] | I would like to run some additional blood tests | 我想再做几次血检 |
[13:43] | and get an MRCP, | 和磁共振胰胆管造影 |
[13:44] | a more detailed scan of your stomach, okay? | 再给你的胃部详细扫描一下 好吗 |
[13:48] | Is there anyone i can call for you? | 有谁需要我帮你联系吗 |
[13:50] | No. My dad’s on his way. | 不用 我爸正在赶来 |
[13:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:52] | He had them. | 他也有 |
[13:55] | Gallstones. | 胆结石 |
[13:57] | They’re a fat person’s problem, aren’t they? | 这是胖人会得的病对吗 |
[13:59] | They are often tied to obesity. | 通常这种病跟肥胖有关系 |
[14:01] | Diabetes as well. | 糖尿病也是 |
[14:03] | But, you know, with lifestyle changes, | 但是 如果生活方式改变 |
[14:04] | these things are manageable. | 这些病是可以控制的 |
[14:07] | You mean like diet and exercise? | 你是说节食和运动吗 |
[14:09] | You’re only 21. | 你才21岁 |
[14:11] | It’d be easier than you think. | 这比你想象的容易 |
[14:13] | I’ll be back shortly. | 我很快回来 |
[14:39] | Massive hemorrhaging in his brain. | 他头部有大量出血 |
[14:40] | Trying to get the swelling under control. | 他们正试图控制 |
[14:43] | Decompressive craniectomy. | 去骨瓣减压术 |
[14:45] | Opening up the skull should relieve the pressure. | 打开颅骨应该可以释放一些压力 |
[14:47] | Yeah, but right before they put him under, | 没错 但在他们麻醉他之前 |
[14:48] | he had a Cushing’s reflex. | 他还有库欣反射 |
[14:50] | Dropped his heart rate, | 之后他的心率开始下降 |
[14:52] | and his BP went through the roof. | 血压飚升 |
[14:54] | Hang in, man. | 坚持住 哥们儿 |
[15:06] | Mm-hmm. Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:11] | All right, I’ll check. | 好的 我会去查的 |
[15:13] | Sure. Uh-huh. | 当然 好的 |
[15:17] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[15:18] | Yeah. Why wouldn’t it be? | 当然 能有什么事 |
[15:21] | So, uh– so, Meghan Scott. | 那么 梅根·斯科特 |
[15:24] | I got to say I have some reservations. | 我得说我有些保留 |
[15:27] | But she’s three years sober and committed to staying clean. | 但三年来她一直没沾酒 而且决心很大 |
[15:30] | Yeah. Without a plan or strategy to avoid relapse. | 没错 但是没有计划预防反复 |
[15:33] | Addiction is never conquered. Only managed. | 瘾是戒不掉的 只能靠控制 |
[15:35] | But she’s got a support system in her daughter. | 但她女儿给了她支持 |
[15:38] | Bria’s involved. | 布里亚也牵涉其中 |
[15:39] | Maybe too involved. | 也许她付出的太多了 |
[15:40] | I mean, by delaying college, | 推迟学业 |
[15:42] | she is valuating her mother’s life over her own, | 看来她妈的人生比她自己还要重要啊 |
[15:44] | and as admirable as that may seem, | 虽然看起来挺令人敬佩的 |
[15:46] | it just doesn’t tend to last. | 但是这不会长久的 |
[15:48] | Meghan’s sick. It makes sense | 梅根病了 她想照顾她 |
[15:50] | that she’d want to take care of her. | 这是人之常情 |
[15:51] | There’s a very fine line between a healthy support system | 健康的支持和不健康的依赖 |
[15:55] | and an unhealthy dependence. | 只有丝毫之差 |
[15:57] | I mean, did you see during the evaluation | 你有看到吗 在评估期间 |
[16:00] | Meghan needed her daughter’s help to reach a glass of water | 梅根需要她女儿帮她递水 |
[16:03] | that was literally right in front of her? | 而水就摆在她面前啊 |
[16:07] | Look, it’s a gut-wrenching process, | 听着 这是个很痛苦的过程 |
[16:09] | and we just have to remember | 我们只需要记住 |
[16:11] | that we give Meghan a heart, | 我们给了梅根一颗心脏 |
[16:14] | we could be denying one to somebody | 而我们本可以拒绝的 |
[16:16] | who is just as deserving | 从而给一个应得的 |
[16:19] | and might have a better chance of success. | 且有更高成功几率的人 |
[16:21] | So Meghan’s a no? | 所以梅根不行吗 |
[16:24] | No, I didn’t say that. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[16:26] | I just– | 我只是 |
[16:28] | I just want to sit with it a little longer. | 我只是再想多考虑一下 |
[16:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:35] | That gallbladder’s really inflamed. | 胆囊发炎情况十分严重 |
[16:37] | It’s full of stones. | 都是结石 |
[16:38] | But it doesn’t look like any have dropped | 但似乎没有发生胆结石脱落 |
[16:40] | into the common bile duct. | 进入总胆管的情况 |
[16:41] | Oh, but it’s only a matter of time before one does | 但是结石脱落是迟早的事 |
[16:43] | and causes a major obstruction. | 会导致总胆管严重阻塞 |
[16:44] | Right. | 有道理 |
[16:45] | Well, play it safe, remove the gallbladder? | 那就安全起见 把胆囊摘除 |
[16:47] | Yes, except his latest labs. | 可是看他最新的检查结果 |
[16:49] | Calcium’s low. Amylase, lipase, white cells | 钙离子指标偏低 而淀粉脂肪酶和白细胞 |
[16:52] | are all through the roof. | 指数却异常得高 |
[16:54] | Gallstone pancreatitis. Man. | 胆石性胰腺炎 天哪 |
[16:56] | The swelling is really bad. | 肿胀很严重 |
[17:01] | Right now I think we should up his IV fluids | 我觉得现在应该调高输液流量 |
[17:04] | and start a course of IV nutrition. | 并加输一瓶营养液 |
[17:07] | Should buy him a few days, | 应该能争取几天时间 |
[17:08] | give his pancreas time to cool off. | 让他的胰腺稳定一下 |
[17:09] | – Good idea. – Good. | -好主意 -好的 |
[17:12] | What does this mean? | 这是什么情况 |
[17:14] | His pupils are nonreactive? | 他的瞳孔没反应了 |
[17:20] | The bleeding in Cyrus’s brain | 塞勒斯的脑出血 |
[17:21] | has caused significant injury. | 导致了严重伤势 |
[17:23] | Despite the surgeon’s best efforts, | 尽管手术医生尽力了 |
[17:26] | Cyrus has slipped into a persistent vegetative state. | 塞勒斯还是进入了持续性植物人状态 |
[17:30] | A coma? | 昏迷了吗 |
[17:36] | But he can wake up, no? | 但是他能醒来 对不对 |
[17:39] | It’s possible? | 有可能醒来 |
[17:43] | I’m sorry, but it’s more likely he stays like this | 很遗憾 他很可能会保持这个状态 |
[17:45] | or devolves to brain death. | 或者发展成脑死亡 |
[17:49] | That referee– | 那个裁判… |
[17:50] | he should’ve stopped the fight earlier. | 他应该早点叫停的 |
[17:52] | Cyrus was dominant. | 塞勒斯占了优势 |
[17:53] | The crowd-they cheered for blood. | 现场观众 激化了暴力气氛 |
[17:57] | They wanted to see the Muslim boy get killed. | 他们想看那个穆斯林男孩被杀 |
[18:20] | All bundled up? | 外套穿起来了啊 |
[18:22] | You–you realize your pilomotor reflex is | 你知不知道你的竖毛反射 |
[18:24] | the first step towards frostbite? | 是发展成冻疮的第一步 |
[18:26] | Yeah. Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[18:27] | So you know, I’ve been sitting on this for a while now, | 我已经考虑了一段时间 |
[18:29] | and, uh, it might sound silly, | 虽然听起来有点傻 |
[18:32] | but I believe if couples are good travel partners, | 但是我觉得如果一对情侣能一起旅行 |
[18:35] | then they have what it takes to have a future. | 那他们在一起就能有未来 |
[18:40] | So what do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[18:41] | New Orleans? Drinks, food, music. | 去新奥尔良 喝酒吃东西听音乐 |
[18:49] | I– | 我… |
[18:51] | “I sometimes imagine it was the other way around: | “我有时候会想象反过来的情况” |
[18:54] | that Lisa was your wife and Natalie was mine.” | “丽莎是你妻子 而娜塔莉是我的” |
[18:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[18:59] | I said that to Jeff. | 我跟杰夫这么说过 |
[19:01] | That’s why we all lost touch. | 所以后来才都不联系了 |
[19:02] | He didn’t want us to hang out anymore. | 他不希望我们继续来往了 |
[19:06] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:08] | Right when Lisa and I started to go sideways, | 我跟丽莎之间出现问题的时候 |
[19:10] | you and Jeff met me out at Twin Anchors | 你跟杰夫约我去双锚酒吧 |
[19:12] | for moral support. | 想开导我 |
[19:13] | Yeah. I remember. | 我记得 |
[19:15] | You were up at the bar ordering a round, | 当时你去吧台点酒 |
[19:17] | and I was looking at you, and I just said it. | 我当时看着你 就那么脱口而出了 |
[19:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:22] | ‘Cause my marriage was falling apart | 因为当时我的婚姻分崩离析 |
[19:23] | and I was a little bit drunk, | 而且当时我有点醉了 |
[19:24] | and right at that moment, it was true. | 因为在那一刻 那是我的真心话 |
[19:28] | Jeff, of course, flipped out, | 而杰夫当然直接气炸了 |
[19:30] | and I mean, if you weren’t there, | 要不是当时你在场 |
[19:32] | it might’ve gotten ugly. | 场面可能会很难看 |
[19:33] | And you’re just telling me this now? | 可你现在才告诉我 |
[19:35] | I know. I should’ve told you this morning when you asked. | 是啊 今天早上你问起的时候我就该说的 |
[19:36] | This morning? | 今早 |
[19:38] | How about when you showed up as a med student? | 你作为医学生出现的时候就该说吧 |
[19:41] | Or before we slept together, | 或者在我们上床之前 |
[19:42] | or before I let you into my life? | 甚至在我决定了解你之前 |
[19:45] | Unbelievable. | 简直不可理喻 |
[19:56] | Setting up grocery delivery. | 正在安排送杂货 |
[19:58] | Farewell, supermarket temptations. | 再见了 超市的诱惑 |
[20:00] | Well, that’s a good first step. | 这是个不错的开始 |
[20:01] | Mm-hmm. You know there’s some great | 其实有些手机应用 |
[20:02] | apps for tracking calories too. | 能够记录卡路里 |
[20:04] | That’s way down the line. I mean, | 我以后可能会考虑 |
[20:06] | after I get a handle on GMOs, gluten, | 得等我搞清楚转基因食物 谷蛋白 |
[20:08] | organic versus farm-fresh. | 有机食品和新鲜时蔬 |
[20:10] | I–it’s why I like fast food. It’s simple. | 所以我才喜欢快餐 很简单 |
[20:13] | You know what? Why don’t I page the hospital’s nutritionist, | 这样吧 我打给医院的营养师 |
[20:15] | have her come in for a consult? | 让她过来帮你咨询下吧 |
[20:19] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[20:21] | I’ve just been feeling a little bit short of breath, and– | 我感觉有点喘不过气 |
[20:24] | Just come on now? | 刚开始的吗 |
[20:26] | A couple minutes ago. | 几分钟前 |
[20:28] | Is it a reaction to all the meds, or– | 是由于药物影响吗 还是… |
[20:31] | No. They’re just sparking your immune system. | 不会 药物只是增强你的免疫系统 |
[20:33] | It shouldn’t affect your breathing. | 不应该影响到你的呼吸 |
[20:35] | Sit up for me? | 你坐起来我看看 |
[20:43] | Lungs are clear. Is the extra oxygen helping? | 肺腔很干净 多加点氧气有用吗 |
[20:46] | No, not really. | 没什么效果 |
[20:47] | Will? Will, I need a hand. | 威尔 威尔 我需要帮助 |
[20:50] | Stat portable chest X-ray. | 马上拿一台移动胸透机来 |
[20:53] | – What’s going on? – Blood sugar’s normal. | -怎么了 -血糖指数正常 |
[20:54] | White cells, amylase, lipase-they’re all down. | 白细胞 淀粉脂肪酶含量都降下来了 |
[20:57] | Everything’s good, except now he can’t breathe. | 情况很好 只是他无法呼吸 |
[20:58] | What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[21:00] | Your blood pressure and oxygen levels keep dropping, | 你的血压和血氧含量一直在下降 |
[21:03] | so we’re gonna take a chest X-ray | 我们做一下胸腔透视 |
[21:04] | to try to figure out why. | 看看是什么原因 |
[21:12] | Mass in the lung. | 肺部有肿瘤 |
[21:19] | I’m hearing a rub. | 听到有摩擦声 |
[21:20] | It wasn’t there before. | 本来没有的 |
[21:21] | All right. Let’s get an echo. | 好 来做个超声心动图 |
[21:23] | I can’t breathe. | 我喘不过气了 |
[21:24] | O2 keeps dropping. Switching to a full face mask. | 血氧量持续下降 换成氧气面罩 |
[21:33] | Pericardial effusion. | 心包积液 |
[21:35] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:36] | Keep this on. | 继续戴着 |
[21:37] | There’s fluid built up around your heart. | 你的心脏周围出现了渗液 |
[21:38] | It’s constricting it from beating. | 导致心脏跳动困难 |
[21:40] | Bolus another liter of fluid. | 再吊个瓶 |
[21:41] | – Get 125mg Solu-Medrol IV and a Levophed drip. – Yes, Doctor. | -125毫克甲强龙注射剂和勒威菲特注射液 -好 |
[21:45] | Page Dr. Rhodes. We need to tap this fluid off his heart. | 呼叫罗德斯医生 得去除这些积液 |
[21:48] | Five minutes ago he was getting better, | 五分钟前他还在好转 |
[21:50] | and now he’s sicker than when he came in. | 而现在却比刚送来时病得更重了 |
[22:20] | Okay. | 好了 |
[22:27] | So the fluid’s from acute pericarditis. | 积液是由急性心包炎引起的 |
[22:30] | Stemming from the mass in his lungs. | 肺部肿瘤引起的 |
[22:32] | Drain’s a temporary fix, | 引流只能是权宜之计 |
[22:33] | but his heart is really struggling. | 但他的心脏状况很不乐观 |
[22:35] | CT chest will show exactly what we’re dealing with. | 胸部CT扫描会准确反映病情的 |
[22:39] | He presented with hyperglycemia | 他有多糖症的征状 |
[22:41] | and gallstone pancreatitis. | 此外还有胆石性胰腺炎 |
[22:42] | There was absolutely no evidence of a heart problem. | 完全没有任何心脏有问题的迹象 |
[22:47] | My time with Dr. Downey, now Dr. Latham | 我跟唐尼医生和莱瑟医生这么久 |
[22:49] | the one constant: | 有一点始终没变 |
[22:50] | cardiac events can strike without warning. | 心脏问题总是毫无预警 猝不及防 |
[22:56] | Thought he was on the mend. | 我还以为他好转了 |
[22:58] | So did I. | 我也这么想 |
[23:00] | Look. About earlier– | 关于之前… |
[23:02] | – Dr. Manning? – Yeah? | -曼宁医生 -怎么了 |
[23:04] | Ted’s father has arrived. | 泰德的父亲来了 |
[23:06] | I can fill him in. | 我可以和他说下病情 |
[23:07] | No. I’ll do it. | 不用 我来吧 |
[23:13] | Hi. Dr. Manning. | 您好 我是曼宁医生 |
[23:30] | Okay. | 好了 |
[23:32] | Hard part’s done. | 最疼的部分过去了 |
[23:33] | Big muscle bleeder down deep. | 主要的肌肉出血处比较深 |
[23:35] | Stick tying it now. | 现在就给你缝合 |
[23:45] | The A-rab, | 那个阿拉伯人 |
[23:48] | Cyrus. | 塞勒斯 |
[23:51] | You wheeled him out of here, but he never came back. | 你们把他推出去了 但是他再也没回来 |
[23:54] | What happened? | 他怎么了 |
[23:58] | Turn for the worse. | 恶化了 |
[23:59] | He knew the risk when he stepped inside the cage. | 他走上拳台时就知道这其中的风险 |
[24:03] | It’s the cost of doing business. | 干这一行 就得付出代价 |
[24:08] | Shower and change the dressing every day. | 每天坚持清洗换纱布 |
[24:10] | It’ll take at least two to three weeks to heal. | 至少两到三周之后就痊愈了 |
[24:14] | Pack the wound. | 包扎伤口 |
[24:18] | Get him out of here. | 给他办出院 |
[24:21] | Bulky, swollen lymph nodes | 淋巴结肿胀膨大 |
[24:23] | and a clear primary mass | 而且在右肺下叶 |
[24:26] | in the right lower lobe of the lung. | 有边界清晰的大型肿块 |
[24:28] | Non-small cell lung cancer? | 非小细胞性肺癌 |
[24:31] | The biopsy results are pending, | 活检结果还没出来 |
[24:32] | but I’m almost certain they’ll confirm it. | 但我基本确定会确诊的 |
[24:36] | I’m gonna talk to Dr. Latham about surgical options. | 我去和莱瑟医生讨论下手术事宜 |
[24:39] | All right. I’ll consult with oncology, | 好 我去找肿瘤科会诊 |
[24:40] | get their opinion as well. | 也听听他们的意见 |
[24:42] | Yeah. | 行 |
[24:44] | Sorry, Nat. | 很遗憾 小娜 |
[24:45] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[24:49] | Dr. Charles. | 查尔斯医生 |
[24:52] | speak with you a second? | 能说句话吗 |
[24:53] | – What’s up? – Yeah, so, my– | -什么事 -是这样 我… |
[24:54] | my heart patient Meghan Scott– | 我那心脏病人梅根·斯科特 |
[24:56] | I hadn’t heard anything, | 没听见她有什么消息 |
[24:57] | so is there something going on with the transplant eval? | 所以移植评估有什么新进展吗 |
[25:01] | Well, I know you know that we’re not supposed | 我知道你很清楚我们不应该 |
[25:02] | to be talking about this, but unofficially, | 讨论这些事 但私下告诉你 |
[25:04] | her history of addiction makes her very high risk. | 她的成瘾史让她具有很高风险 |
[25:07] | Wh– I understand her history, | 我知道她的过往 |
[25:09] | but we’re talking about her future here. | 可我们现在在谈的是她的未来 |
[25:12] | Well, her future’s precisely the issue. | 关键问题就是她的未来啊 |
[25:15] | I’m sorry, Dr. Rhodes, but the– | 抱歉 罗德斯医生 但是 |
[25:17] | the clearance process– it’s unforgiving. | 但是审查程序 容忍度非常低 |
[25:18] | No, no, no, no. Dr. Charles, you spent what, | 不是不是 查尔斯医生 你也仅仅 |
[25:20] | All of an hour with her? | 跟她聊了一小时吧 |
[25:22] | I’ve known Meghan and her daughter Bria for months now. | 我认识梅根和她女儿布里亚已经几个月了 |
[25:25] | You’ve known her within a controlled environment. | 你是在受控环境下认识她的 |
[25:27] | The invasive surgery, | 开刀手术 |
[25:29] | the powerful opiates for pain management, | 使用鸦片制剂的止痛措施 |
[25:31] | the rigorous medication schedule, | 严格的用药日程 |
[25:33] | the constant check-ups | 和接连不断的检查 |
[25:34] | to make sure she’s not rejecting the organ. | 确保她不会排斥植入器官 |
[25:35] | So you’re gonna seal her fate with a checklist, then? | 所以你拿着个检查清单就确定了她的命运了吗 |
[25:40] | She doesn’t get a heart, she dies. | 她得不到心脏移植就会死 |
[25:41] | She’s looking at six months, maybe a year. | 她只有半年 最多一年的寿命了 |
[25:43] | Do you honestly think that I don’t know that? | 你真的以为我不知道这些吗 |
[25:47] | Someone’s got to make the tough decisions here, Dr. Rhodes. | 决定再难做 也要有人来做 罗德斯医生 |
[25:50] | I’d thank you to let me do my job. | 希望你不要干扰我的工作 |
[26:00] | Amniotic fluid level looks okay. | 羊水指标看起来正常 |
[26:02] | Same with nuchal translucency. | 颈半透明度也正常 |
[26:05] | Fetal heart rate is 180, nice and strong. | 胎儿心率180 健康强劲 |
[26:08] | Aw, yeah, that’s a boy. | 太好了 好小子 |
[26:11] | What’s up, little man? Already looking like a linebacker. | 你好啊小伙子 是块当后卫的料 |
[26:15] | she looks like a scientist to me. | 我倒觉得她是个科学家 |
[26:20] | Dr. Lee? Something wrong? | 李医生 怎么了 |
[26:24] | At 12 weeks, optimal crown chin length is 26 millimeters. | 12周胎儿下巴到头顶的最佳宽度应该是26毫米 |
[26:28] | Your fetal measurement is 23. | 而你的胎儿是23毫米 |
[26:30] | Is that still within the normal range? | 在正常范围内吗 |
[26:32] | Yes, but on the low end. | 在是在 不过还是偏低 |
[26:34] | Something we need to keep an eye on. | 应该密切关注这一点 |
[26:35] | Low measurement– what does it mean? | 数值过低意味着什么 |
[26:37] | The main concern is anencephaly, | 主要是有发育成无脑儿的风险 |
[26:40] | a neural tube defect that can cause the brain | 神经管畸形会导致大脑 |
[26:42] | to develop abnormally. | 发育不正常 |
[26:45] | Is it because of my TB meds? | 是因为我的肺结核药物吗 |
[26:48] | Possibly. We can’t really know for sure. | 有可能 但还不能确定 |
[27:00] | She said the TB meds could possibly be affecting the baby. | 她说肺结核药物可能会影响孩子发育 |
[27:03] | That doesn’t mean– | 这并不意味着… |
[27:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:06] | But what if they are? | 但如果真的有影响呢 |
[27:09] | You can’t stop taking them. | 你不能断药啊 |
[27:11] | So, where does that leave us? | 所以 我们该怎么办 |
[27:15] | Look. You’re 12 weeks. | 你看 你才怀了12周 |
[27:18] | If we’re considering– | 如果我们考虑… |
[27:19] | We’re not. | 不考虑 |
[27:20] | April, | 艾普尔 |
[27:21] | it’s not what I want either, | 我也不想这样 |
[27:23] | but if your health is in question, | 但如果这危及到你的健康 |
[27:25] | the quality of life of our baby is threatened, I– | 危及到我们孩子的生活质量 那我 |
[27:29] | we need to understand | 我们必须要明白 |
[27:31] | this gets riskier, more complicated after 14 weeks. | 等过了14周 情况会更危险 更复杂 |
[27:35] | Tate, I am Catholic. | 塔特 我是天主教徒 |
[27:38] | April, it’s my baby too. | 艾普尔 这也是我的孩子 |
[27:40] | Don’t I at least get to discuss this? | 难道我还没有发言权了吗 |
[27:41] | We are not terminating this pregnancy. | 我不会堕胎的 |
[27:52] | So how long would I have to do chemo for? | 所以我需要做多久的化疗 |
[27:55] | That’s up to the oncologist. | 这得让肿瘤科医生来定了 |
[27:57] | Generally, it’s given in cycles between one and four weeks long | 一般来说一个疗程为期一到四周 |
[28:00] | followed by a period of rest. | 然后休息一段时间 |
[28:01] | How many cycles? | 要几个疗程 |
[28:04] | On average, four to six. | 平均四到六个 |
[28:06] | What about side effects? The Internet lists thousands. | 那副作用呢 网上列了几千种 |
[28:09] | It all depends on how Ted’s body reacts. | 这完全取决于泰德的身体反应 |
[28:11] | But yes, the side effects can add up. | 但是确实 副作用有很多 |
[28:14] | And because of the gallstone pancreatitis, | 而且因为胆石性胰腺炎 |
[28:17] | they may even be exacerbated. | 副作用可能还会加剧 |
[28:20] | Well, all of this sounds awful. | 听上去很糟糕 |
[28:22] | what am I looking at with surgery? | 如果手术会怎么样 |
[28:24] | Removal of the mass via thoracotomy. | 通过胸廓切开术清除肿瘤 |
[28:27] | I’ll open your chest and peel away the growth | 我会打开你的胸腔 移除肿瘤 |
[28:30] | from whatever it’s attached to. | 不管它长在哪里 |
[28:33] | But my pancreatitis– a few–a few hours ago | 但是我的胆囊炎 几个…几个小时前 |
[28:35] | it was too dicey for gallbladder surgery. | 做胆囊手术还很危险 |
[28:37] | How is it okay with all of this? | 现在怎么又可以了 |
[28:38] | Your cardiac function is compromised. | 你的心脏功能受损 |
[28:41] | Preventing heart failure has to be our chief concern. | 我们的首要任务是预防心脏衰竭 |
[28:45] | Dad, I don’t know what I’m gonna do. | 爸爸 我不知道我该怎么办 |
[28:46] | I feel like if I make the wrong decision right now | 我感觉如果我现在做错了决定 |
[28:49] | I’m gonna– I’m gonna die. | 我就会…我就会死 |
[28:52] | Do you need an answer right now? | 你们现在就要答案吗 |
[28:53] | Ted, look, I understand this is all overwhelming, | 泰德 我理解这个决定很艰难 |
[28:58] | but you’re very sick. | 但你病得很重 |
[28:59] | The sooner we start fighting back– | 我们越早开始反击… |
[29:01] | Emergency radiation. | 应急性放疗 |
[29:03] | Yeah, a single dose intended only to stabilize | 是的 只做一次 目的在于稳定 |
[29:07] | the mass in your lung. | 你肺里的肿瘤 |
[29:08] | It’ll give the pancreatitis a few more days to heal, | 这样能多争取几天时间让胰腺炎减轻 |
[29:10] | and it’ll give you and your dad more time | 也能给你和你爸爸多一点时间 |
[29:12] | to decide on a treatment. | 决定疗法 |
[29:14] | And if I still choose surgery after, | 如果之后我还是选择手术 |
[29:16] | it’ll be safer, right? | 也会更安全一点 对吗 |
[29:18] | Theoretically, yes. | 理论上是这样 |
[29:19] | When can I do it? The radiation. | 我什么时候能做 放疗 |
[29:22] | Today. I will set it up with the radiation oncologist. | 今天 我会安排放疗的专家 |
[29:33] | You gonna just stand there staring, or are you gonna come in? | 你准备就站在那里看着还是想进来 |
[29:35] | I can’t get this frickin’ coffee ring off of– | 我擦不掉这个讨厌的咖啡印… |
[29:40] | what’s on your mind? | 你想说什么 |
[29:42] | I know you have reservations, | 我知道你有预约 |
[29:44] | but I’ve been reading | 但我一直在看 |
[29:45] | about how others have managed addiction | 其他人是怎么通过非主流的方式 |
[29:47] | in unorthodox ways. | 控制成瘾的 |
[29:50] | There’s meditation. Meghan already does that. | 可以冥想 梅根已经在做了 |
[29:53] | Predicting your weak spots. | 预测你的弱点 |
[29:54] | She’s cut off friends that were bad influences. | 她还跟有负面影响的朋友断绝往来 |
[29:58] | The problem with these techniques is | 这些方法的问题在于 |
[29:59] | that they’re all solo endeavors. | 他们都是各自努力 |
[30:01] | What Meghan needs is the support of a sober community. | 梅根需要的是戒瘾协会的支持 |
[30:04] | But she’s been successful without one. | 但没有他们她也很成功 |
[30:06] | And she’s got Bria, | 她有布里亚 |
[30:07] | all the reason in the world to stay sober. | 这是她戒酒的主要原因 |
[30:09] | Won’t be enough. | 还不够 |
[30:11] | I’ve been treating addiction for over 20 years. | 我治疗成瘾已经超过二十年 |
[30:13] | And trust me. I know of what I speak. | 相信我 我知道我在说什么 |
[30:19] | My brother lost his battle with addiction about 14 years ago. | 大概十四年前我弟弟输掉了他的战斗 |
[30:24] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:26] | I want Meghan to succeed just as badly as you do. | 我跟你一样希望梅根成功 |
[30:31] | But I look at her, and I– | 但每当我看着她 我… |
[30:34] | I see my little brother. | 我就能看到我弟弟 |
[30:37] | He tried to do it solo too. It just doesn’t work. | 他也试过独自战斗 但就是不行 |
[30:41] | And I can’t in good conscience recommend her | 如果没有一个确定而充分的理由 |
[30:43] | to the Transplant Committee | 让她有机会成功 |
[30:45] | without one good, solid, clinical reason | 我就不能问心无愧地把她 |
[30:48] | that might give her a chance to succeed. | 推荐给移植委员会 |
[30:51] | I’ve been looking for it. Just–I just can’t find it. | 我一直在找 但…但就是找不到 |
[30:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:10] | Okay to discharge the asthmatic in Treatment 2? | 可以让二号治疗室的气喘患者出院了吗 |
[31:14] | Yeah. Prednisone and albuterol scrips are with the clerk. | 行 泼尼松和舒喘灵的处方已经给配药室了 |
[31:19] | They’ve been going for the last several hours, | 他们已经这样好几个小时了 |
[31:21] | trading places. | 一直换位置 |
[31:24] | They believe prayer can bring him out. | 他们相信祷告能救他回来 |
[31:35] | What are you doing over here? | 你来干什么 |
[31:37] | I just, um– | 我… |
[31:40] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[31:41] | You’ve been discharged. Go home. | 你可以出院了 回家去 |
[31:43] | You’re showing your face around here? | 你还敢出现在这里 |
[31:45] | You bet a second on that. | 你还敢来 |
[31:47] | Is he gonna wake up? | 他会醒吗 |
[31:48] | Like you care. You did this to him. Murderer! | 你在乎吗 这是你干的 凶手 |
[31:51] | It’s not my fault. We b–we both wanted to win. | 这不是我的错 我们都…我们都想赢 |
[31:54] | – Go home, Ricky. – God will punish you. | -回家吧 里基 -上帝会惩罚你的 |
[31:56] | You will burn in hell! | 你会受地狱之火 |
[31:57] | Aamir! | 阿米尔 |
[32:00] | Enough. | 够了 |
[32:14] | Come. | 来 |
[32:17] | Pray with us. | 跟我们一起祷告 |
[32:22] | I’m s– | 对… |
[32:26] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:49] | – Dr. Halstead, a moment. – Yeah? | -霍斯特德医生 等一下 -怎么 |
[32:51] | Dr. Manning’s patient Ted Baylor– | 曼宁医生医生的病人泰德·贝勒 |
[32:53] | I understand surgery was proposed, | 我知道你们提议过手术 |
[32:55] | but that radiation will be tried first. | 但还是要先尝试放疗 |
[32:57] | As a short-term measure. | 作为短期疗法 |
[32:59] | Yeah, well, it’s the size of the mass that’s killing him. | 是的 但真正危及他生命的是肿瘤大小 |
[33:02] | Radiation only stalls its growth. | 放疗只能拖延它的生长 |
[33:03] | It doesn’t– doesn’t shrink it. | 而不会…而不会让它缩小 |
[33:05] | Well, Dr. Manning’s opinion and mine | 曼宁医生和我的意见是 |
[33:06] | is that radiation is a much safer option right now. | 现在放疗是一个更为安全的选择 |
[33:09] | Well, you’re the attending. Keep me posted. | 你是主治医师 随时向我汇报进度 |
[33:20] | Hey, Daniel, I haven’t gotten your report on Meghan Scott. | 丹尼尔 我还没有收到梅根·斯科特的报告 |
[33:24] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[33:25] | Still dotting the Is, crossing the Ts. | 还在研究各个细节 |
[33:27] | You know, I know these evaluations are difficult, | 我知道这些评估很棘手 |
[33:30] | but if you’re looking for something and not finding it, | 但如果你想找什么可就是找不到 |
[33:32] | maybe it’s not there. | 也许它根本不存在 |
[33:35] | I said I’d have it for you before the end of the day, | 我说过我今天之内会给你 |
[33:36] | and I will. | 我会的 |
[33:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:46] | From now on, clean nutrition, | 现在开始 均衡营养 |
[33:48] | lots of cardio, | 常做有氧运动 |
[33:49] | diet and exercise. | 节食和运动 |
[33:51] | My dad, too. | 我爸爸也是 |
[33:52] | That’s the enthusiasm I was hoping to hear. | 这才是我想听到的热情 |
[33:55] | I’m getting a second chance. | 我很快就能有第二次机会 |
[33:57] | I’m not wasting a day of it. | 我一天都不想浪费 |
[33:59] | Good for you. | 这很好 |
[34:02] | Okay, let’s do this. | 好 我们开始吧 |
[34:13] | Natalie, hey. | 娜塔莉 |
[34:17] | I am so sorry that I didn’t say something sooner. | 真的对不起我没有早一点告诉你 |
[34:21] | I was afraid I’d lose you. | 我是担心失去你 |
[34:24] | Say something, please. | 拜托你说句话 |
[34:29] | I was terrified to move on from Jeff. | 我很害怕忘记杰夫 |
[34:33] | Even more afraid to get involved with you, | 更害怕跟你纠缠不清 |
[34:35] | my husband’s best friend. | 因为你是我丈夫的挚交 |
[34:38] | And yet I thought there is no one | 但是我觉得杰夫 |
[34:40] | Jeff would approve of me being in a relationship with | 肯定最同意让我 |
[34:43] | more than you. | 跟你在一起 |
[34:45] | And you let me think that. | 是你让我那么想的 |
[34:46] | He’s coding! I need help! | 他快不行了 我需要帮助 |
[34:49] | – What happened? – He just dropped. | -怎么回事 -他不行了 |
[34:50] | Take over compressions. | 你来按压 |
[34:51] | – Got it. I got it. I got it. – No pulse. V fib. | -来了来了 -没有脉搏 室颤 |
[34:53] | – Charge 200. – Charging. | -充电至200焦 -充电 |
[34:57] | Hold compressions. | 停止按压 |
[34:59] | Clear. | 离手 |
[35:03] | Resume compressions. | 继续按压 |
[35:04] | Another milligram epi. Charge to 300. | 再注射一毫克肾上腺素 充电至300 |
[35:06] | Charging. | 充电 |
[35:08] | Hold compressions. | 停止按压 |
[35:09] | Clear. | 离手 |
[35:16] | Asystole. | 心脏停搏 |
[35:22] | You gonna call it? | 要宣布死亡吗 |
[35:26] | Time of death 17:32. | 死亡时间17点32分 |
[36:03] | He was dead before the first alarm even went off. | 警报发出前他就已经死了 |
[36:06] | C.O.D. Tumor lysis syndrome. | 死因是肿瘤溶解综合征 |
[36:08] | No way. | 不可能 |
[36:09] | You know, the radiation was supposed to stabilize the mass. | 放疗应该稳定肿瘤的 |
[36:13] | Instead it caused it to burst. | 但是却导致肿瘤破裂了 |
[36:17] | I might as well have just given Ted a lethal injection, | 我就相当于给泰德注射死刑了 |
[36:19] | because that is essentially what happened. | 因为实际就是那样 |
[36:21] | Natalie, this is not on you. | 娜塔莉 这不怪你 |
[36:24] | There are no predictors for tumor lysis syndrome. | 谁也没想到会出现肿瘤溶解综合征 |
[36:26] | It is monumentally rare– | 这极其罕见 |
[36:28] | even more so in young people. | 在年轻人中更甚 |
[36:30] | And the few times that it does occur, | 医学史上出现的为数不多的几次 |
[36:32] | overwhelmingly, it’s a reaction to chemo, | 也都是因为化疗反应不良 |
[36:34] | not radiation. | 而不是放疗 |
[36:35] | It still feels like I missed something. | 我还是觉得我好想错过了什么 |
[36:37] | Well, you didn’t. | 你没有 |
[36:39] | No doctor sees gallstone pancreatitis with diabetes | 没有医生看到糖尿病人胆石性胰腺炎 |
[36:42] | and thinks volatile cancerous chest mass. | 会想到不稳定的胸部癌细胞出现 |
[36:43] | And yet here it is. | 可是就是出现了 |
[36:54] | Ted’s death is not your fault. | 泰德的死不怪你 |
[37:03] | 《古兰经》 恶行的报应只会是同样的恶 但是真主会奖赏宅心仁厚之人 真主不爱做坏事的人 | |
[37:11] | You just get good news or bad news? | 你刚收到好消息还是坏消息 |
[37:15] | My coma patient– | 我昏迷的病人 |
[37:17] | this morning, he mentioned a Qur’an verse: | 今天早上他提到了《古兰经》中的一句话 |
[37:20] | Surah Al shura 40. | 出自苏拉恕拉40章 |
[37:24] | “The recompense of an evil deed | 恶行的报应 |
[37:26] | “Can only be an evil equal to it; | 只会是同样的恶 |
[37:30] | “But whoever pardons and makes reconciliation, | 但是真主会奖赏 |
[37:36] | their reward is due from God.” | 宅心仁厚之人 |
[37:42] | In the psych world, it’s called complementarity. | 精神世界中 这叫报 |
[37:47] | You know, kindness begets kindness. | 善有善报 |
[37:48] | Hostility, hostility. | 恶有恶报 |
[37:52] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:54] | An hour ago, those two hated each other, | 一小时前那两个人憎恨彼此 |
[37:57] | but then his father extends a hand. | 但后来他父亲主动握手言和 |
[37:59] | Dr. Charles calls it “Flipping the script.” | 查尔斯医生称之为”剧情翻转” |
[38:04] | Don’t know if I could’ve done it. | 我不知道我能不能做到 |
[38:06] | Yeah. Not many people can. | 没错 能做到的人并不多 |
[38:40] | Okay, what is with you? | 你怎么了 |
[38:43] | No invitation to sit down? | 不邀请我坐吗 |
[38:45] | Usually I can’t sneak past you. | 一般我可是逃不过你的 |
[38:47] | I’m just a little preoccupied. | 我只是在想东西 |
[38:48] | I–I got to figure something out fast, and I’m at a roadblock, | 我得快点想明白一件事 但遇到了障碍 |
[38:52] | and I can’t find my way around it. | 我无法清除这个障碍 |
[38:53] | Okay. I-I will leave you to it. | 好吧 我不打扰你了 |
[39:01] | If you’re going through hell, keep going. | 如果你在经历地狱 一定要坚持 |
[39:03] | Isn’t that what you always taught me? | 你不是一直这么教我吗 |
[39:05] | Well, technically it was Winston Churchill, but– | 严格来说那是温斯顿·丘吉尔说的 但是… |
[39:07] | Well, still, it’s never let me down. | 那句话一直对我很受用 |
[39:12] | Good. | 好 |
[39:25] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[39:28] | You’re recommending Meghan | 你要把梅根 |
[39:30] | to the hospital’s Transplant Committee. | 推荐给医院的移植委员会 |
[39:33] | Well, what happened? | 为什么你改变了想法 |
[39:35] | Well, if you must know, | 如果你真想知道 |
[39:38] | a member of my junior staff | 是我的一个下属 |
[39:39] | drew my attention to the fact that, um, | 让我注意到了一个事实 |
[39:42] | I was so focused on her risk factors | 我太专注于她承受的风险 |
[39:45] | that I was blind to the one personality trait | 所以忽略了一个我已故的弟弟 |
[39:47] | that my late brother did not have. | 没有的人格特点 |
[39:51] | What? | 什么 |
[39:52] | Grit. | 毅力 |
[39:54] | One’s ability to persevere | 一个人在障碍面前 |
[39:56] | in the face of obstacles-a clean clinical reason. | 坚持的能力 这也是明确的临床原因 |
[40:00] | I mean, the stressors are still there, | 虽然压力还在 |
[40:02] | as are significant future challenges, | 未来的一些重大挑战也在 |
[40:04] | but I like to think that the determination | 但是我觉得是她的决心 |
[40:07] | that’s kept her clean the past three years | 让她平安度过了三年 |
[40:09] | is gonna help her go the distance. | 这也会继续帮她走以后的路 |
[40:16] | What made you think of grit? | 是什么让你想到了毅力 |
[40:21] | Fatherhood. | 父亲的天性 |
[40:31] | Rough one today, huh? | 今天很难熬啊 |
[40:33] | To say the least. | 这么说真委婉 |
[40:35] | Well, not to pile on, | 你不要压力更大 |
[40:36] | but Dr. Stohl just informed me that he’d like to use your case | 但是斯托尔医生刚通知我 他想用你的病例 |
[40:40] | for the next Morbidity and Mortality Review, | 作为下一期《发病率与死亡率评论》的主题 |
[40:43] | trace your steps. | 追踪你的治疗步骤 |
[40:44] | An M&M? Oh, my God. | 发到《评论》上 天啊 |
[40:47] | Well, it’s not an inquisition. It’s just a learning tool | 这不是责难你 只是为了帮助 |
[40:50] | for the medical staff. | 医务人员学习 |
[40:52] | You tell Dr. Stohl that? | 你告诉斯托尔医生的吗 |
[40:55] | Okay, night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[40:57] | All righty. Good night. | 好 晚安 |
[41:13] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[41:15] | Can’t kick me out of here too. | 你不能把我也赶出这里 |
[41:17] | I’m not here to do that. | 我不是来赶你的 |
[41:20] | I was thinking | 我在想 |
[41:22] | we got off to a rough start. | 我们没有开个好头 |
[41:25] | Let me make it up to you. | 让我补偿你吧 |
[41:48] | Two beers. My tab. | 两杯啤酒 记在我账上 |