时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | You think this is a good spot? | 你在这里下可以吗 |
[00:08] | Ah, I’ll see you inside. | 医院里见 |
[00:10] | Remember, if you get any central lines today, I’m your man. | 记住 今天如果要插中央导管 尽管找我 |
[00:13] | And if I don’t? | 如果没有呢 |
[00:18] | Honey, you’re still bleeding. | 亲爱的 你还在流血呢 |
[00:20] | Mm, yeah, I think I’ll be doing those central lines myself. | 那些病人我还是自己处理了吧 |
[00:26] | Give me a break. See you. | 饶了我吧 回见 |
[00:33] | The coast is clear. | 靠岸啦 |
[00:34] | Save some lives today, Dr. Halstead. | 去拯救生命吧 霍斯特德医生 |
[00:36] | I’ll try, Dr. Shore, and you down in path, | 我会努力的 肖尔医生 您走好 |
[00:38] | enjoy your day with the dead. | 祝你和死人相处愉快 |
[00:40] | Always do. | 一直很愉快 |
[00:51] | Hey, you look cheerful today. | 你今天精神很好啊 |
[00:53] | Well, you know, I like to see the ED as half-full. | 看到急救室半满我就心情好 |
[00:59] | Dr. Halstead, Dr. Manning. | 霍斯特德医生 曼宁医生 |
[01:01] | Clarke. | 克拉克 |
[01:04] | So how you two doing? | 你俩发展得如何 |
[01:05] | What? | 什么 |
[01:07] | – You and Jeff. – What are you talking about? | -你和杰夫 -你在说什么 |
[01:10] | Natalie, everyone knows. | 娜塔莉 大家都知道了 |
[01:13] | It’s good. It’s–you know, you seem a lot happier lately. | 挺好啊 你最近看起来开心多了 |
[01:16] | It’s nice. | 这很好 |
[01:17] | Okay, but when you say everybody, wh– | 好吧 但你说大家是指… |
[01:19] | ED staff, ambulance drivers, EMTs. | 急救室员工 各救护车司机 急救员 |
[01:23] | The crazy guy out front who thinks he’s Jesus. | 前面觉得自己是上帝的疯子 |
[01:26] | Okay, so about the same people who know about you and Nina. | 好吧 那这些人也都知道你和妮娜的事了 |
[01:30] | Wait, seriously? | 等等 真的吗 |
[01:35] | – Incoming. – Dr. Choi? | -有病人 -崔医生 |
[01:37] | We’re going to room two. | 去第二诊疗室 |
[01:40] | Edward Hall, 82, he passed out in his apartment, | 爱德华·霍尔 82岁 在公寓里昏倒 |
[01:42] | was awake when we got there, vitals stable. | 我们到的时候醒来了 生命体征正常 |
[01:44] | – Mr. Hall, how are you feeling? – Head hurts. | -霍尔先生 感觉如何 -头疼 |
[01:47] | You got an Aspirin? | 有阿司匹林吗 |
[01:48] | He’s never done this before. | 他之前都没这样过 |
[01:50] | He was just walking to the bedroom, and he fell down. | 他就走向卧室 接着就摔倒了 |
[01:52] | We’re gonna take care of you, Mr. Hall, okay? | 我们会照顾好你的 霍尔先生 好吗 |
[01:54] | On my count, one, two, three. | 听我口令 一 二 三 |
[01:58] | Okay, let’s get an H and H. | 给他做血红蛋白和红细胞比容测定 |
[02:04] | – Get Dr. Rhodes. – Okay. | -去叫罗德斯医生 -好 |
[02:06] | Have you experienced any recent neck pain, trouble swallowing? | 最近感觉脖子痛吗 吞咽有问题吗 |
[02:09] | – Swallowing? – Your neck is swollen. | -吞咽 -你的脖子肿了 |
[02:11] | How long has it been like that? | 这样多久了 |
[02:13] | – I don’t–swallowing? – He’s in and out mentally, | -我不…吞咽吗 -他有时候会糊涂 |
[02:17] | mostly out, but I take care of him. | 大部分时间都糊涂 但我能照顾好他 |
[02:19] | – Are you his daughter? – No, I’m his girlfriend. | -你是他女儿吗 -不 我是他女友 |
[02:21] | It’s okay, Eddie. You’re gonna be all right. | 没事的 爱迪 你会没事的 |
[02:23] | – What do we got? – Neck swelling with a bruit. | -怎么回事 -脖子肿 有淤青 |
[02:25] | I’m thinking there’s a compressive mass in his chest, | 胸腔可能有压迫物 |
[02:27] | possibly a tumor. | 可能是肿瘤 |
[02:28] | Oh, my God, do you think he has cancer? | 天啊 他得癌症了吗 |
[02:30] | Could be. If it’s pressing on his heart or carotids, | 有可能 如果肿瘤压迫了心脏或者颈动脉 |
[02:32] | that would explain his passing out. | 昏倒就不奇怪了 |
[02:33] | And if that’s the case, we’re gonna have to operate to remove it. | 如果是这样的话 我们就得做手术清除肿瘤 |
[02:36] | Well, just do whatever it takes, please. | 尽力救治他吧 求你们了 |
[02:38] | Just take care of him. | 好好照顾他 |
[02:40] | Tell radiology we’re on our way up | 告诉放射科我们会过去 |
[02:41] | for a neck and chest CT with contrast, then up to the OR. | 做脖子和胸腔CT对照 然后去手术室 |
[02:44] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, please stop. Don’t take him anywhere. | 等等 别带他去任何地方 |
[02:46] | Excuse me, sir, can I help you? | 不好意思 先生 你有事吗 |
[02:48] | This is my father. | 这是我父亲 |
[02:49] | He doesn’t want any of this. | 他不需要这些 |
[02:51] | And that bitch has no right | 那婊子没资格 |
[02:52] | to make any decisions about his health. | 为他的健康做任何决定 |
[03:09] | The fact is my father doesn’t need | 我父亲不需要 |
[03:11] | any extraordinary measures taken. | 任何特殊治疗 |
[03:12] | He never said that. | 他没说过 |
[03:13] | When his mind first started to go, | 他开始糊涂的时候 |
[03:15] | he made his wishes clear to me. | 就和我说过这个 |
[03:17] | Dr. Choi, what are Mr. Hall’s options? | 崔医生 霍尔先生有什么治疗方案 |
[03:19] | The scan suggests he has a thymoma. | 检测发现他长了胸腺瘤 |
[03:21] | If we treat supportively, | 如果我们保守治疗 |
[03:22] | he’ll probably have four to six months, | 他可能还有四到六个月时间 |
[03:24] | but if we excise the tumor, we can prolong his life | 如果我们取出肿瘤 就能大大延长他的生命 |
[03:26] | significantly, as I’m sure our surgeons can attest. | 我确信我们的医生能证明这一点 |
[03:30] | Surgery’s definitely an option. | 手术是一个方案 |
[03:36] | Yes, uh, | 没错 |
[03:37] | though surgery does come with risk, | 但手术的确存在风险 |
[03:39] | a successful operation could result in a total cure. | 成功的手术能保证治愈 |
[03:42] | He’s 82 and demented. | 他82岁了 还痴呆 |
[03:44] | You want to put him through an operation? For what? | 还让他去做手术 到底为了什么 |
[03:46] | – He just said he could live. – Yeah, and he could be left | -他说他能活下来 -他也有可能 |
[03:48] | hooked up to wires and tubes for who knows how long? | 要靠那些管子活上很久 |
[03:50] | – No. – You can’t do this. | -不行 -不能这样 |
[03:51] | You can’t just let him kill Eddie. | 不能让他就这样杀死爱迪 |
[03:53] | I am trying to honor my father’s wishes. | 我只是遵照我父亲的意思办事 |
[03:55] | All right, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[03:57] | Look, we all understand this is a very sensitive issue, | 我们都明白这是一个很敏感的问题 |
[04:01] | but what matters here is who has the legal authority | 但这里的关键在于谁有合法权力 |
[04:04] | to make Mr. Hall’s decisions. | 替霍尔先生做决定 |
[04:07] | Well, as far as the hospital’s concerned, | 就医院来说 |
[04:10] | with no advance directive in place | 没有预先指示的话 |
[04:12] | the surrogate decision-making power | 代理决定权 |
[04:14] | goes to the next of kin, | 归近亲所有 |
[04:15] | which, in this case, is Mr. Hall’s son. | 因此是霍尔先生的儿子所有 |
[04:18] | – No. – Thank you. | -不 -谢谢 |
[04:19] | Ms. Goodwin, all due respect, | 古德温 恕我直言 |
[04:20] | but my job is to do whatever it takes to keep my patients alive. | 但我的工作是尽力救治我的病人 |
[04:23] | Dr. Choi, you heard him. | 崔医生 你听到他的话了 |
[04:24] | Our hands are tied. | 我们无能为力 |
[04:26] | So that’s it? | 那就这样吗 |
[04:27] | You’re just gonna let Eddie die? | 你们就这样让爱迪去死吗 |
[04:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[04:38] | Hey, you got a bounce-back in three. | 三号诊疗室有你的老病人复诊 |
[04:44] | – Hey, Haley. Back so soon? – I was afraid you’d miss me. | -海莉 你这么快就回来了 -我怕你太想我 |
[04:49] | – Always. You still throwing up? – No, that’s all better. | -一直很想你 还呕吐吗 -不 好多了 |
[04:53] | Right after we saw you, what, three days ago? | 距离上次出院才三天吧 |
[04:55] | She started getting a fever and chills. | 她就开始发烧感冒 |
[04:57] | We tried ibuprofen, but it didn’t come down. | 我们给她吃了布洛芬 但温度没降下来 |
[05:00] | You did the right thing. | 你做得没错 |
[05:01] | When’d you finish your last round of chemo? | 上一次化疗什么时候做完的 |
[05:03] | – Yesterday. – Usually the chemo fevers don’t last this long. | -昨天 -通常化疗引起的发烧不会这么久 |
[05:09] | Or get this high, 103. | 也不会这么高 39.5度 |
[05:12] | Do you think something’s wrong? | 出什么问题了吗 |
[05:13] | Hard to say. The cancer meds do knock down her immune system, | 很难说 抗癌药物确是会破坏她的免疫系统 |
[05:17] | so I wouldn’t be surprised if she got some sort of infection. | 所以她如果被感染了也是说得通的 |
[05:19] | But probably nothing to worry about? | 那就没什么好担心的了 |
[05:21] | Probably not, but I would like to start her on some antibiotics | 可能吧 但我会给她开一点抗生素 |
[05:24] | and get labs and cultures just to be safe. | 保险起见 让实验室做细菌培养检验 |
[05:26] | Looks like we’ll be spending a little more time together. | 看起来我们得多待一会了 |
[05:30] | I’ll be back shortly. | 我马上回来 |
[05:34] | Ready to head to the farm? | 准备去农场了吗 |
[05:35] | Nurse, can you please come here? | 护士 你能过来吗 |
[05:37] | Sorry, I’m slammed. | 抱歉 我手头事很多 |
[05:40] | – The farm? – Uh-huh, you want to come? | -农场 -你想来吗 |
[05:43] | Sure. What’s the farm? | 好啊 什么农场 |
[05:45] | You’ll see. | 到时候你就知道了 |
[05:49] | – Please, I need to leave. – Okay. | -求你了 我得出院 -好的 |
[05:51] | No, I got to go. Can you just take this tube out of my nose? | 不 我得走 你可以把管子从我鼻子里抽出来吗 |
[05:53] | – Mr. Jones– – Everything okay? | -琼斯先生 -有事吗 |
[05:54] | He wants to leave. | 他想出院 |
[05:56] | Bowel obstructions, even partial ones, | 肠阻塞 就算是一部分 |
[05:57] | can become life-threatening situations. | 也会危及生命 |
[05:59] | We can’t discharge you until it’s cleared. | 不清除阻塞我们不能让你离开 |
[06:01] | – It doesn’t hurt anymore. – Look, I understand, | -现在不疼了 -我懂 |
[06:03] | but your output is still too high. | 但你的检验结果依旧不正常 |
[06:05] | – Let’s see if I can feel any– – No! | -让我检查一下 -不要 |
[06:07] | I just–I don’t like to be touched. | 我不喜欢被人碰 |
[06:11] | How we doing in here? | 这有事吗 |
[06:18] | Give the tube a little more time. | 再配合治疗一段时间 |
[06:20] | I promise we’ll get you home as soon as possible. | 我保证会尽快让你回家的 |
[06:33] | He was found passed out on the street. | 他被发现晕倒在街上 |
[06:35] | AB showed a massive stool in his bowel. | 腹部X射线现实他的肠内有大量粪便 |
[06:37] | – Wow. Passed out? – Yeah. | -晕倒 -没错 |
[06:41] | – It must have been pretty bad. – It’s starting to clear, | -那一定很严重了 -开始清除阻塞了 |
[06:43] | but he’s been combative, fearful ever since he got here. | 但他自从到这之后 开始变得好斗忧虑 |
[06:46] | – You want a consult? – Sure. He won’t talk to me. | -你想要我会诊吗 -是的 他不愿意跟我说话 |
[06:50] | Oh, look, there’s somebody | 看 也许他和 |
[06:52] | he might have an easier time relating to. | 有些人交流起来更容易 |
[06:58] | You call this the vent farm? | 你把这叫降压农场 |
[06:59] | Dark humor keeps you sane | 黑色幽默使人理智 |
[07:01] | if you’re gonna spend some time here. | 如果你要在这待一会的话 |
[07:03] | Hey, good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[07:05] | – So this is where all our comatose patients go? – Mm-hmm. | -所以所有昏迷患者都被送到这来了 -是的 |
[07:08] | A lot of these people didn’t have anyone. | 很多人都没有亲人了 |
[07:10] | They just got appointed a case worker | 他们只是被安排了一个社工 |
[07:12] | who decided to keep them on life support. | 让他们继续活着 |
[07:14] | Others have families that are still holding out hope. | 另一些有家人的还抱有微小的希望 |
[07:18] | Either way, they’re just– | 不管怎样 他们都… |
[07:20] | Nothing that can be done, right? | 没有什么可以做的是吗 |
[07:22] | Nothing medically. | 医学上是没了 |
[07:24] | So what, we’re here to check some culture results? | 那又如何 我们来这查细菌培养结果吗 |
[07:26] | – Nope. – Pronounce someone dead? | -不是 -宣布某人死亡吗 |
[07:29] | – Uh-uh. – So what are we doing? | -也不是 -那我们在这干嘛 |
[07:34] | We’re here to paint some nails. | 我们来这涂指甲油 |
[07:42] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[07:44] | You remember my cancer patient, Haley Cline? | 你还记得我的癌症患者海莉·克莱恩吗 |
[07:46] | – Sweet, young girl? – Yeah. | -一个很甜美的小姑娘 -记得 |
[07:48] | This just showed up in her cultures. | 这个出现在她的细菌培养报告中 |
[07:51] | Oh, God, colistin-resistant Enterobacter. | 天哪 多粘菌素耐药肠杆菌 |
[07:54] | She can barely fight off infection as it is. | 事实上她几乎不能对抗感染 |
[07:57] | Now she has an antibiotic-resistant super bug? | 现在她被一种有抗药性的超级细菌感染了 |
[07:59] | This is really bad news. | 这真是个坏消息 |
[08:01] | – Natalie, it’s worse than you think. – What do you mean? | -娜塔莉 这比你想的还糟糕 -什么意思 |
[08:07] | This is Eric Tillman, just came in. | 他是埃里克·蒂尔曼 刚入院 |
[08:09] | He has CRE too. | 他也被这种细菌感染了 |
[08:11] | The same bug? Are you serious? | 同样的细菌 真的吗 |
[08:13] | Labs just confirmed it. | 实验室刚确认了 |
[08:16] | So we could be looking at an outbreak | 所以我们有可能爆发疫情 |
[08:18] | that might not have a cure. | 还可能无药可医 |
[08:38] | Dr. Halstead, Dr. Manning, this is Robin Charles, | 霍斯特德医生 曼宁医生 这位是罗宾·查尔斯 |
[08:41] | the newest member of our epidemiology department. | 我们流行病科的新成员 |
[08:45] | – Pleasure. – Top of her class, | -很高兴认识你 -班里的顶尖学生 |
[08:46] | DuPont Scholar, and she just happens | 杜邦奖学金获得者 而且她恰好是 |
[08:48] | to be Dr. Charles’s daughter. | 查尔斯医生的女儿 |
[08:51] | What can I say? Nepotism is alive and well. | 怎么说呢 裙带关系依旧存在 |
[08:54] | So I hear we’ve got colistin-resistant Enterobacter? | 听说我们有多粘菌素耐药肠杆菌感染病例 |
[08:56] | – In two patients. – Did they catch it in this hospital? | -两个患者 -他们是在这里感染的吗 |
[08:58] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[08:59] | There’s no record my patient’s ever been here. | 我们之前没有感染病例 |
[09:01] | Well, he’s here now, which means | 现在有了 这说明 |
[09:02] | every immunocompromised patient in this place is at risk. | 这所有免疫功能低下的患者都有危险 |
[09:06] | Do we have final culture sensitivities yet? | 我们拿到最终的细菌培养敏感测试结果了吗 |
[09:07] | – We’re still waiting. – I’ll need to talk to | -还在等 -我要和你们病人的 |
[09:09] | every one of your patient’s contacts, | 每一个联系人谈话 |
[09:11] | get detailed histories, | 了解详细病史 |
[09:12] | find out what the connections between these people are. | 找出这些人之间的联系 |
[09:15] | I’ll be in touch soon. | 保持联系 |
[09:16] | Actually, um, wait. | 实际上 等等 |
[09:18] | Uh, I think it’s my fault. | 我觉得是我的错 |
[09:21] | Haley was here three days ago. | 海莉三天前来住过院 |
[09:22] | I missed the diagnosis. | 我没有诊断出来 |
[09:23] | You don’t know that. | 你不能确定 |
[09:25] | She could have just as easily contracted it after she left. | 她离开后也可能一样容易感染 |
[09:28] | I saw her records. You treated her exactly how you should have. | 我看了记录 你完全照章办事 |
[09:30] | Well, what if I sent her back into the city with an infection | 那如果她被感染了 然后被我送回城里 |
[09:33] | and she gave it to Eric and who knows how many others? | 她再传染给埃里克 谁知道还有多少人 |
[09:35] | Natalie, it’s a city of almost 3 million people. | 娜塔莉 这城市有几乎三百万人 |
[09:38] | This could all just be a coincidence. | 这可能就是巧合 |
[09:39] | Actually, I don’t believe in coincidences. | 说实话 我不相信巧合 |
[09:41] | Sorry. I’ll be in touch. | 抱歉 保持联系 |
[10:03] | Hey, honey. This is Jeff Clarke, | 亲爱的 这是杰夫·克拉克 |
[10:08] | fourth-year med student, | 大四医学生 |
[10:09] | little rough around the edges, | 虽然长得有点粗糙 |
[10:11] | but it’s so hard to find good help these days. | 不过这年头来帮忙的人不好找 |
[10:17] | Hi. | 你好呀 |
[10:25] | How do you know her? | 你怎么认识她的 |
[10:30] | She came into the ED late one night alone, | 那天很晚了她自己一个人来了急诊室 |
[10:33] | burst an aneurysm, massive hemorrhage. | 动脉瘤破了 大出血 |
[10:37] | By the time we got her, we knew it was too late. | 等我们开始救助 已经太晚了 |
[10:40] | She kept on asking me to talk to her, so I did. | 她一直叫我陪她说话 我就陪了 |
[10:44] | Thing is my mother had just passed… | 当时我母亲刚过世 |
[10:51] | And when she used to put me to sleep as a kid, | 我小时候她哄我睡觉的时候 |
[10:54] | she used to call me Maggie-Pie | 总是会叫我 麦麦基 |
[10:57] | from a nursery rhyme about a bird, | 好像出自一首讲鸟儿的童谣 |
[11:00] | and I don’t know, maybe Cindy had heard that rhyme before. | 我也不知道 也许辛迪之前听过那首歌 |
[11:04] | She must have seen my nametag, I– | 她肯定是看到了我的名牌 |
[11:07] | ’cause in her last moment she squeezed my hand… | 因为她在弥留之际 抓着我的手 |
[11:13] | And she called me Maggie-Pie too. | 也叫了我一声麦麦基 |
[11:20] | Anyway, CPD looked, but there was no family, | 芝加哥警署查了 她没有亲属 |
[11:24] | no friends, no one to speak for her, | 没有朋友 没人来照顾她 |
[11:26] | so they brought her here. | 所以就送来了这里 |
[11:30] | Now I check in on her every week, | 我现在每周都会来看她 |
[11:34] | tell her what’s going on with my life. | 跟她讲我的生活 |
[11:39] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[11:42] | I figure she’s got one foot in this world | 我觉得她似乎一脚踏在这个世界 |
[11:45] | and, uh, another in the next where Mom is. | 而另一只脚踏在我妈妈的世界 |
[12:04] | So why would a 19 year old have a bowel obstruction? | 为什么一个19岁的孩子会有肠梗阻 |
[12:06] | Good question. All his other tests are normal. | 好问题 其他测试结果都显示正常 |
[12:08] | – It could be stress, right? – Could be. | -可能是压力大吧 -有可能 |
[12:10] | Stress can present a hundred different ways. | 精神压力有很多种表现形式 |
[12:13] | But you think it’s something else? | 可你觉得不是因为压力吗 |
[12:14] | Don’t know. That’s what you’re gonna find out. | 不知道 要靠你问清楚了 |
[12:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[12:22] | I’m, uh, Dr. Reese, Sarah. Can I come in? | 我叫莎拉·里斯 我可以进来吗 |
[12:25] | – I really want to leave. – I don’t blame you, | -我真的想走 -这我不怪你 |
[12:27] | but it sounds like you’re gonna be here a little bit longer, | 但是你似乎还得在这里待一会儿 |
[12:29] | so maybe we could talk? | 要不我们聊聊吧 |
[12:35] | Or I could just sit here. Is that okay? | 我坐在这里吧 可以吗 |
[12:37] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -不知道 |
[12:39] | I just thought you might want some company. | 我就是觉得你可能希望有人陪着 |
[12:53] | Are you from Chicago? | 你是芝加哥本地人吗 |
[12:57] | I’ve been here five years. | 我来这里五年了 |
[12:58] | I’m from Connecticut, | 我老家在康涅狄格州 |
[13:00] | and I still totally dread the winter. | 到现在我都很讨厌冬天 |
[13:03] | I mean, I thought I knew what cold was, | 我以为自己知道什么叫冷 |
[13:06] | but this is, like, | 但是这里的冷 |
[13:07] | “National Geographic,” “Frozen Planet” cold. | 是《国家地理杂志》《冰冻星球》那种冷 |
[13:10] | I carry around those hand warmer pads | 我会随身带着暖手贴 |
[13:12] | just in case my eyelids freeze shut. | 就怕眼皮冻住睁不开 |
[13:15] | – I hate the cold. – Yeah? Where are you from? | -我也很讨厌冷 -是吗 你是哪里人 |
[13:20] | – Phoenix. – Oh, okay. | -菲尼克斯 -好吧 |
[13:22] | – I have a sister named Sarah. – No kidding. | -我有个妹妹也叫莎拉 -真的假的 |
[13:27] | Uh-huh, yes, and have Monica call every patient | 对 周一以后去过输液中心的病人 |
[13:30] | that’s been to the infusion center since Monday. | 让莫妮卡给他们一个一个打电话 |
[13:33] | Mm-hmm, yes, anyone with fever, chills, headaches, | 没错 只要有发热 发冷 头疼或恶心症状 |
[13:36] | or nausea gets a blood draw. | 就抽血化验一下 |
[13:40] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[13:43] | – How you doing? How’s it going? – You know, busy but good. | -你一切顺利吗 -挺好 有点忙 |
[13:47] | Nice people in that department, right? | 那个部门人不错吧 |
[13:48] | Yeah, they seem great. | 对 人都挺好 |
[13:51] | So you get my text? | 你收到我短信了吗 |
[13:52] | – When–when we having coffee? – We will, Dad. I promise. | -什么时候一起喝咖啡 -会喝的 我保证 |
[13:55] | Just got a lot on my plate, first couple weeks of work and all. | 就是最近事情有点多 毕竟我才刚来 |
[13:59] | Of course you do. | 完全理解 |
[14:01] | You’re sleeping though, right? Are you sleeping? | 睡得挺好吧 没失眠吧 |
[14:02] | – Dad, come on. – Hey, new job, new city, | -爸 行了 -初来乍到 人生地不熟 |
[14:06] | I’m sorry, you know, could be a little stressful. | 别怪我多嘴 很可能会有压力 |
[14:08] | I’m fine, Dad. | 我没事 爸 |
[14:10] | And really, you’re not my therapist. | 而且 你又不是我的心理咨询师 |
[14:16] | I’m just-I’m glad you’re here. | 我只是很高兴你来了这里 |
[14:21] | Proud of you. | 为你自豪 |
[14:30] | Mr. Hall? | 霍尔先生 |
[14:33] | Mr. Hall? We found a tumor | 霍尔先生 您的胸腔里 |
[14:35] | that’s compressing the large vessels in your chest. | 有一个肿瘤在压迫大血管 |
[14:38] | We can remove it with an operation. | 做手术可以摘除 |
[14:41] | – Are you a doctor? – Yes, I’m Dr. Choi. I’m your doctor. | -你是医生吗 -是 我是你的主治医师崔医生 |
[14:46] | You’re Chinese. | 你是中国人 |
[14:50] | I saw the Great Wall. | 我去过长城 |
[14:55] | Mr. Hall, | 霍尔先生 |
[14:56] | I really believe that surgery is your best option. | 我认为做手术是您的最佳选择 |
[15:01] | Do you give us permission to perform the surgery? | 请问您是否允许我们为您做手术 |
[15:03] | – Permission? – Yes. | -允许 -对 |
[15:08] | – Are you a doctor? – What’s going on? | -你是医生吗 -你在做什么 |
[15:12] | I’m just explaining to your father | 我只是在向你父亲解释 |
[15:13] | – what’s happening in his chest. – Explaining? | -他胸腔里的情况 -解释 |
[15:15] | Looks to me like you’re trying to coerce him | 为什么我觉得你似乎在 |
[15:17] | into a procedure he doesn’t want. | 强迫他接受他不想要的手术 |
[15:19] | I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to ask | 很抱歉 但是我要求你 |
[15:20] | that you not speak to him alone again. | 不要再单独跟他说话了 |
[15:24] | – I’ll check back with you soon. – Check back? | -我回头再来看你 -再来看我 |
[15:36] | Echo to get a better idea of her cardiac output, | 做个超声 看一下她的心脏输出 |
[15:38] | and then we’ll take it from there. | 然后我们再看如何处理 |
[15:39] | Dr. Latham, about Mr. Hall, | 莱瑟医生 霍尔先生的事 |
[15:41] | the three of us need to approach his son as a united front. | 我们需要统一战线 去说服他儿子 |
[15:43] | – Why? – Perhaps together | -为什么 -也许我们一起去 |
[15:45] | we can convince him to let us save his father’s life. | 就能说服他 让我们救他父亲一命 |
[15:48] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[15:48] | Well, I think what Dr. Choi is suggesting is that | 我觉得崔医生的意思是 |
[15:50] | if we explain the surgery again in more detail, then maybe– | 如果我们把手术解释得更详细 也许… |
[15:53] | Our job isn’t to solve family problems. | 解决家族矛盾不是我们的工作 |
[15:55] | Our job is to fix ailments, | 我们的工作是治病 |
[15:56] | and until the Halls ask us to do that, | 如果霍尔一家没请我们治病 |
[15:58] | there will be no surgery. | 就不动手术 |
[16:01] | This is distracting. | 别分心了 |
[16:12] | Cute shoes. | 你的鞋很好看 |
[16:13] | I could see my boyfriend in those. | 还挺适合我男朋友穿的 |
[16:14] | They’re okay, too tight in the toes. | 还行吧 鞋头太紧了 |
[16:18] | These are pretty comfortable, | 我这双鞋挺舒服的 |
[16:19] | not the cutest. | 虽然没那么好看 |
[16:20] | I had to order, like, 50 pairs to find the right ones. | 我得订购五十双才能挑到合适的 |
[16:24] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:26] | I–I gotta go. I got to go. | 我得走了 我得走了 |
[16:28] | Hey, it shouldn’t be too much longer, | 不会耽误你很长时间的 |
[16:29] | but let me check with Dr. Choi. | 但请先让我问过崔医生 |
[16:34] | Call Dr. Choi. | 呼叫崔医生 |
[16:40] | Okay, this might just be from the obstruction. | 可能只是肠道梗阻 |
[16:42] | Is anything hurting? | 有哪里觉得疼吗 |
[16:45] | – He’s tachycardic. – Abdomen’s far less distended. | -他心动过速 -腹部没有扩张 |
[16:48] | I–I’m gonna throw up again. | 我又要吐了 |
[16:57] | No sign of infection, no fever. | 没有感染的迹象 也没发烧 |
[16:59] | Hey, has anything like this happened before? | 之前出现过这样的情况吗 |
[17:02] | I am just here to help, but I need you to tell me | 我只是想帮你 你要告诉我 |
[17:05] | if there’s something I should know. | 有什么是我该知道的 |
[17:08] | Danny, I am on your side. | 丹尼 我是来帮你的 |
[17:14] | – Heroin. Heroin. – What? | -海洛因 海洛因 -什么 |
[17:17] | Are you–are you on heroin? | 你吸食海洛因吗 |
[17:21] | He is in withdrawal. Give me 10 milligrams IM | 他这是戒断状态 给我十毫克 |
[17:23] | – of methadone and one of Ativan. – Got it. | -美沙酮和一毫克安定 -明白 |
[17:26] | Hey, I am right here. | 我在这里 |
[17:27] | It is going to be okay. | 你会好起来的 |
[17:36] | You know, I couldn’t stop thinking about Cindy. | 我总是忍不住会想到辛迪 |
[17:39] | No family, alone in that room month after month. | 没有家人 月复一月地独自待在房间里 |
[17:42] | – Yeah. – So I called a friend of mine | -是啊 -所以我找了一个 |
[17:44] | in the State Bureau of Identification to look into it. | 在国家鉴证局的朋友去查了一些 |
[17:48] | It turns out that Cindy has a sister in Spokane. | 原来辛迪在斯波坎有个妹妹 |
[17:51] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[17:52] | Gave her the number to the hospital. I don’t know. | 我给了她医院的电话 我也不知道 |
[17:54] | Maybe this means Cindy’ll have another person in her life. | 或许辛迪的生命中会有新的亲人 |
[17:57] | – That’d be great. – It would, right? | -那太好了 -是吧 |
[17:59] | Yes, of course. | 当然是了 |
[18:10] | – O2 stats are dropping. – Arms are swelling. | -血氧饱和度在下降 -胳膊肿胀 |
[18:12] | He must be hemorrhaging into the tumor. | 一定是肿瘤导致他正在出血 |
[18:14] | It’s compressing his SVC. | 肿瘤正在压迫他的下腔静脉 |
[18:20] | Save me. | 救我 |
[18:25] | He said, “Save me.” | 他说 “救我” |
[18:29] | – What’s going on? – He said, “Save me.” | -怎么回事 -他说”救我” |
[18:31] | – Where’s his son? – I don’t know, but I heard him. | -他儿子在哪 -我不知道 但我听到他说了 |
[18:34] | Let’s bag him. | 给他上气袋 |
[18:37] | Let’s go. | 来 |
[18:39] | – Sat’s still dropping. – Okay, let’s get him to the OR. | -血氧饱和度还在下降 -好 送他进手术室 |
[18:42] | What are you doing? | 你们在做什么 |
[18:42] | The patient expressed his wishes, we’re taking him to surgery. | 病人表达了意愿 我们要给他做手术 |
[18:45] | Are you kidding? He’s demented. | 你们胡说什么 他已经痴呆了 |
[18:45] | – He can’t express his wishes. – I heard him. | -他没办法表达意愿 -我听到他说了 |
[18:48] | – Doctor, ready to go. – Okay, let’s move. | -医生 准备出发 -好 我们走 |
[18:51] | You can’t do this. | 你们不能这么做 |
[19:01] | How is it having her back in town? | 她回来了 你感觉如何 |
[19:05] | Oh, it’s great. | 挺好 |
[19:07] | – It’s great. – Yeah. | -好极了 -是啊 |
[19:08] | Yeah, haven’t shared a zip code since she was in high school. | 从她上高中起 我就连她的邮政区号都不知道 |
[19:11] | You been spending some time together? | 你们在一起过吗 |
[19:13] | Yeah. I mean, haven’t really hung out yet. | 有 没有真正意义上一起待过 |
[19:17] | You know, she’s got a lot on her plate, | 她有很多事要忙 |
[19:18] | it’s like, new job, new apartment. | 新工作啊 新住处啊 |
[19:20] | I mean, just getting cable installed, like, come on. | 像是要装有线电视这种的 |
[19:23] | That’s a bitch. | 很麻烦的 |
[19:23] | – So after she’s got cable? – Yeah. | -所以等她装好电视之后吗 -是的 |
[19:27] | – Daniel. – Sharon, look, she’s never gonna forgive me. | -丹尼尔 -莎伦 她不会原谅我的 |
[19:30] | – For divorcing her mother? – Yeah, that and I don’t know, | -因为和她母亲离婚吗 -是的 还有 |
[19:34] | all the time I was there, wasn’t really there, you know? | 我这个父亲的角色形同虚设 你明白吧 |
[19:37] | – You remember. – Yeah, | -你记得吧 -是啊 |
[19:38] | – I remember, but I’m sure she– – Dr. Charles? | -我记得 但我肯定她… -查尔斯医生 |
[19:40] | – Oh, yes? – I am sorry. Are you available? | -什么事 -抱歉打扰 你有时间吗 |
[19:41] | Could you excuse me? I’m sorry. | 我先失陪一下 抱歉 |
[19:45] | You were right. There is something going on with Danny. | 你说得对 丹尼确实有事 |
[19:46] | Oh. Tell me. | 和我说说 |
[19:48] | He told me he’s addicted to heroin. | 他告诉我他海洛因成瘾 |
[19:50] | He started going through withdrawal, he’s stable now, | 他开始出现戒断反应 现在情况稳定了 |
[19:52] | on methadone and Ativan, | 我给他用了美沙酮和安定 |
[19:54] | and I–I know detox is a long road, | 我知道戒毒很难 |
[19:56] | but maybe we can help. | 但也许我们可以帮忙 |
[19:59] | Could work. | 可以一试 |
[20:00] | – Let’s see what we got. – Okay. | -我们去看看吧 -好 |
[20:03] | – Hi. – Hi, uh, I’m Dr. Reese. | -你好 -你好 我是里斯医生 |
[20:06] | And I’m Dr. Charles. It’s nice to meet you. | 我是查尔斯医生 幸会 |
[20:08] | I’m Tina, Danny’s mother. | 我的蒂娜 是丹尼的母亲 |
[20:10] | He just told me what’s going on. I had no idea. | 他刚告诉我发生了什么 我都不知道 |
[20:13] | Well, it’s a lot to take in. | 的确一时很难接受 |
[20:15] | How you feeling, Danny? | 你感觉怎么样 丹尼 |
[20:17] | He’s embarrassed, and he should be. | 他觉得羞愧 他就该这样 |
[20:20] | It’s just so confusing why he would do this. | 他居然会这么做 实在太让我困惑了 |
[20:22] | We’ve tried so hard to be good parents. | 我们尽全力当对好家长 |
[20:24] | Well, fortunately, Dr. Reese has a good plan | 所幸的是 里斯医生有个 |
[20:28] | – about how to move forward. – Please tell me what to do. | -下一步的好计划 -请告诉我该怎么做 |
[20:32] | So as long as you continue to tolerate the methadone, | 鉴于你还在继续使用美沙酮 |
[20:35] | I’m gonna switch you to orals. | 我打算给你改成口服 |
[20:37] | Then we can talk about rehab, | 然后我们可以试试戒毒所 |
[20:39] | but first, how are you feeling? | 但首先 你现在感觉如何 |
[20:41] | I appreciate all this, but I know he wants to go home. | 我很感谢你们 但我知道他想回家 |
[20:45] | That’s totally understandable, | 我们能理解 |
[20:46] | but Danny is gonna have to finish his IV first, | 但丹尼要先完成他的静脉输液 |
[20:48] | and that’s gonna take a couple of hours, | 那得要好几个小时 |
[20:49] | so might want to go get a cup of coffee or– | 所以不如您去喝杯咖啡 或者… |
[20:52] | he is still gonna be here for a while. | 反正他还要留在这里一段时间 |
[20:53] | Right now I don’t think Danny wants me to leave his side, | 我觉得此刻丹尼会希望我陪着他 |
[20:56] | do you, honey? | 对吧 宝贝 |
[21:00] | Okay, makes perfect sense. | 好吧 合情合理 |
[21:03] | Um, why don’t we check back on you in a bit? | 不如我们等会再回来 |
[21:13] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[21:14] | He’s totally different. | 他完全变了个人 |
[21:15] | Well, it’s gonna be a little tense with Mom in there, right? | 他妈妈在那里 他有点紧张吧 |
[21:18] | But it’s like a switch was flipped. | 感觉就像拨了个开关 |
[21:19] | He wouldn’t even look me in the eye. | 他甚至都不敢直视我的眼睛 |
[21:22] | Something is a little off. | 有些不对劲 |
[21:24] | What–how long till he’s discharged? | 他什么时候出院 |
[21:27] | Well, his obstruction’s cleared, | 他的肠道梗阻清除了 |
[21:28] | and now that we know it was caused by the heroin, | 现在我们知道是因为海洛因的作用 |
[21:30] | there’s no reason to keep him once his IV’s done. | 他静脉输液完成后 就没有理由再留着他了 |
[21:33] | Let’s ask Dr. Choi to order a lactic level | 我们请崔医生去让他做个乳酸水平测试 |
[21:37] | and an iron panel. | 还有血铁检查 |
[21:38] | Why would we want those? | 为什么要这么做 |
[21:40] | Buy us a little time. | 能争取点时间 |
[21:42] | We got to separate them, see if we can find out what’s what. | 我们得把他俩分开 看看到底是怎么回事 |
[21:50] | This was the right thing to do. | 这么做是正确的 |
[21:52] | – Hmm? – The surgery. | -什么 -手术 |
[21:54] | – Absolutely. Why? – Well, you seemed against it. | -当然 怎么了 -你似乎不太赞同 |
[21:58] | The son said no, so it was a no. | 他儿子不同意 所以就不能做 |
[22:00] | The patient said yes, so now it’s a yes. | 不过病人同意了 所以就能做 |
[22:02] | Is there more to it than that? | 还需要考虑别的什么吗 |
[22:07] | Guess not. | 看来没了 |
[22:08] | I’m not good with ambiguity, dr. Rhodes. | 我向来直来直去的 罗德斯医生 |
[22:13] | I want you to watch how I elevate the caudal portion | 我想要你观察我怎么抬高 |
[22:15] | of the right inferior horn | 右下角的尾端 |
[22:16] | while still attached to the pericardial fat pad. | 同时不与心包脂肪垫分离 |
[22:19] | It’s an easier method to divide and ligate it like that. | 这种方法更容易分离并缝合 |
[22:30] | Mr. and Mrs. Cline? | 克莱恩先生 克莱恩夫人 |
[22:33] | I have some news. | 我有些消息 |
[22:35] | The lab tested Haley’s CRE culture | 实验室将海莉的CRE培养检测结果 |
[22:37] | against every antibiotic, | 与所有抗生素比对 |
[22:39] | and it turns out it’s sensitive to just one, | 结果有反应的只有一种 |
[22:42] | a drug called ceftazidime/avibactam. | 是一种称作头孢他啶阿维巴坦的药物 |
[22:46] | So there’s a cure? That’s fantastic. | 所以有治了 太好了 |
[22:48] | Yes, but the thing is | 是 但是问题是 |
[22:52] | the bug is sensitive at a very low rate, | 病菌的敏感度非常低 |
[22:54] | which means it works best for patients that we catch early. | 也就是说越早治疗对病人越有利 |
[22:59] | So, um–so Haley? | 那 那海莉呢 |
[23:01] | We won’t know anything until we try the medication. | 试用药物之前还说不准 |
[23:03] | – I waited too long, didn’t I? – No. | -我拖太久了 是不是 -不 |
[23:05] | No, I should have brought her in sooner. | 不 我应该早点把她送过来 |
[23:06] | – No. – Mrs. Cline– | -不是 -克莱恩夫人 |
[23:07] | I am usually so on top of this, | 我以前都很在意的 |
[23:08] | but I just–I can’t tell what’s an emergency anymore. | 但我就是 已经分不清什么算紧急情况了 |
[23:12] | She’s always so sick. | 她总是病得那么重 |
[23:13] | You cannot blame yourself. | 你不用这么自责 |
[23:15] | Please, this is not your fault. | 请您相信这不是你的错 |
[23:19] | I promise you, we are gonna do everything we can to help her. | 我保证我们会竭尽所能救治她 |
[23:24] | Okay. Thank–thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[23:45] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[23:46] | They’re just getting in the chest. | 刚刚开胸 |
[23:50] | When he was crashing, did you hear what he said? | 他不行的时候 你听见他说什么了吧 |
[23:53] | No. | 没有 |
[24:02] | We’re here to save lives. | 我们这是在救人 |
[24:05] | You’re doing what you’re supposed to do. | 你只是在尽职而已 |
[24:10] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:14] | Someone help! | 快来人啊 |
[24:17] | She can’t get a breath. I need to intubate. | 她呼吸困难 我来做插管 |
[24:18] | – Ma’am, please move. – Five of versed. | -女士请让一下 -打五毫克咪达锉伦 |
[24:20] | – What’s going on? – She could be in septic shock. | -她怎么了 -可能是感染性休克 |
[24:22] | I don’t know. Pressure’s fine. Pulse is strong. | 不一定 血压正常 脉搏也很强劲 |
[24:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[24:27] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么了 |
[24:29] | Please, come with me. | 两位请跟我来 |
[24:30] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[24:31] | I can’t get the tube in. | 插管插不进去 |
[24:32] | It’s like something’s blocking it. | 好像有什么东西堵住了 |
[24:33] | – Do she eat anything? – No. | -她吃什么东西了吗 -没有 |
[24:35] | – Damn it. – Sat’s down to 50. | -可恶 -血氧量降到50 |
[24:37] | – Doris, give me the ultrasound. – Got it. | -多丽丝 拿超声来 -好的 |
[24:41] | I need a Crich Kit. | 拿插管工具包来 |
[24:42] | What? | 什么 |
[24:43] | I need to make a hole in her trachea so she can breathe. | 我们需要在她的气管上开口 好让她呼吸 |
[24:45] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[24:51] | Wait, you’re right. | 等等 你说对了 |
[24:53] | Her airway is blocked. | 她的气管被堵住了 |
[24:54] | It’s an abscess. | 化脓了 |
[24:56] | The infection’s spread to her pharynx. | 感染已经扩散到咽喉了 |
[24:57] | – I’ll page ENT. – No, no time. | -我去呼叫耳鼻喉科 -不 没时间了 |
[24:59] | Give me a minor tray and a knife. | 给我小号托盘和手术刀 |
[25:00] | – I got it. – It’s okay, I can do it. | -我来 -没关系 我可以的 |
[25:02] | No, I got this. | 不用 我来就行 |
[25:03] | Sat’s down to 50. | 血氧量降到50 |
[25:10] | Hold her arm, please. | 请按住她的胳膊 |
[25:24] | Nat, I have to crich her. | 小娜 我必须得给她插管了 |
[25:25] | Hang on. | 等下 |
[25:32] | – Nat. – I got it. | -小娜 -就好了 |
[25:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[25:43] | Dr. Manning, thank you so much. | 曼宁医生 太感谢你了 |
[25:47] | Lungs clear. | 肺部正常 |
[25:53] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[26:09] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[26:11] | She’s stable for now, | 暂时稳定住了 |
[26:12] | but the abscess was caused by her infection. | 但是化脓是由感染引起的 |
[26:14] | It’s only a matter of time before she gets more. | 早晚会出现更严重的化脓 |
[26:16] | What’s going on from your end? | 你那边怎么样了 |
[26:19] | Bad news, I’m afraid. | 恐怕不妙 |
[26:21] | East Mercy just got a new CRE patient, intubated, | 东慈爱医院收治了个新CRE病人 插管了 |
[26:24] | can’t get any info yet, but we’re working on it. | 目前还没消息 不过正在查 |
[26:27] | And they’re sure it’s CRE? | 确定是CRE吗 |
[26:30] | That’s three. | 这就有三例了 |
[26:31] | It’s a pattern, not a coincidence. | 已经成规律 不是巧合了 |
[26:33] | Okay, but just because another person has it | 好吧 不过就算又冒出来个病人 |
[26:35] | doesn’t mean it’s your fault. | 也不见得就是你的错 |
[26:36] | Well, there’s only one way to find out. | 那只有一种方法能查出来了 |
[26:38] | We need to extubate Eric. | 我们得拔掉艾瑞克的插管 |
[26:40] | No. It’s too dangerous. | 不行 太危险了 |
[26:42] | We’ve tried everything else, | 别的手段我们都试过了 |
[26:43] | his social media, his contacts. | 他的社交网络 他的联系人 |
[26:45] | In order to find the source of the infection, | 要想找到感染源 |
[26:47] | we have to figure out how he is connected to Haley | 我们就得查出他与海莉和东慈爱医院的 |
[26:49] | and this patient at East Mercy. | 那位病人之间的联系 |
[26:51] | We need to talk to him. | 我们得和他谈谈 |
[26:52] | Well, that’s if you can extubate him. | 那他也得能够拔管 |
[26:54] | He may not even tolerate it. | 他甚至都不一定撑得住 |
[26:55] | We will go as slowly and safely as possible. | 那我们就尽可能地慢 安全为上 |
[26:58] | That’s not a decision you can make. | 这种决定轮不到你来做 |
[26:59] | No, it’s not, but he can. | 我是不能 但他可以 |
[27:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:07] | I’ll turn down his propofol, | 那我停掉他的镇静剂 |
[27:09] | and he should be awake in a few minutes. | 他应该过几分钟就会醒 |
[27:18] | Make sure you separate out the recurrent laryngeal nerve. | 一定要分出喉返神经 |
[27:22] | Copy that. Do you see it? | 收到 你看到了吗 |
[27:23] | Should be right–ah, here. | 应该就在 这里 |
[27:29] | Pull harder. | 再用点力拉 |
[27:31] | – You see “The Force Awakens”? – Got it–uh– | -你看过《原力觉醒》吗 -收到 |
[27:36] | I’m sorry, did I–did I see what? | 不好意思 我看过 看过什么 |
[27:38] | “The Force Awakens.” | 《原力觉醒》 |
[27:42] | No. | 没有 |
[27:43] | When Rey defeats Kylo Ren, | 蕾伊打败凯洛·伦后 |
[27:44] | the glove falls off of his left hand, | 手套从他的左手掉落 |
[27:47] | but when he sits up, it’s on again. | 但等他坐起来 手套又戴上了 |
[27:49] | These are professional filmmakers. | 那些可是专业的电影制作人啊 |
[27:50] | It’s unbelievable to me. | 对我来说简直难以置信 |
[27:56] | O2’s in the high 80s. That’s the best we can get. | 氧气在八十多 最好状态也只能是这样了 |
[27:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:01] | Eric, I’m Dr. Manning. | 埃里克 我是曼宁医生 |
[28:04] | You are in the hospital right now with a very bad infection, | 你受了很严重的感染 现在在医院 |
[28:07] | and we’re concerned that other people might be | 我们担心别人可能 |
[28:09] | getting this infection as well. | 也感染了 |
[28:11] | A lot of people. | 很多人 |
[28:13] | If we don’t find them soon, it may be too late, | 如果我们不能尽快找到他们就晚了 |
[28:16] | but in order to do that we’re gonna need | 但这样的话我们需要 |
[28:18] | to ask you some questions. | 问你几个问题 |
[28:19] | The problem is if we take your tube out, | 问题是如果取出你的气管 |
[28:21] | we cannot guarantee you’ll be able to breathe on your own. | 我们无法保证你可以自主呼吸 |
[28:24] | And once it’s out, we may not be able to put it back in. | 一旦气管取出 我们有可能放不回去了 |
[28:34] | What we are asking you to do won’t help you directly, | 我们问你的问题不能直接帮到你 |
[28:37] | but it could save a lot of lives. | 但可以救很多人 |
[28:41] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不一定要这么做 |
[28:45] | Do you give us permission to take out your breathing tube? | 你准许我们取出你的呼吸管吗 |
[28:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:00] | Okay. | 好了 |
[29:47] | He’s still in the high 80s. | 还是维持在八十多 |
[29:51] | How are you feeling? Are you okay? | 你感觉怎么样 还好吗 |
[29:53] | – Yeah. – Yeah? Okay, okay, good. | -还好 -是吗 好的 好的 很好 |
[29:58] | Okay, now, Eric, we’re gonna ask you some questions. | 好 埃里克 现在我们要问你几个问题 |
[30:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:06] | Danny, I thought we could spend some time | 丹尼 我觉得我们可以花点时间 |
[30:08] | looking over a few rehab centers. | 找几家康复中心 |
[30:10] | Thank you, but I made some calls. | 谢谢你 但我已经决定了 |
[30:12] | We’re already booked in a private facility | 我们已经预约了一家私立康复中心 |
[30:13] | for as soon as he’s discharged, | 他一出院就走 |
[30:15] | which should be any minute, right? | 应该很快的 对吧 |
[30:19] | Are you sure you’re feeling well enough to leave? | 你确定你好些了可以走了吗 |
[30:23] | Uh, well, if you ever want to talk. | 如果你想谈谈 |
[30:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:39] | Danny, are you okay? | 丹尼 你还好吗 |
[30:42] | – Yeah. – We should get going. | -还好 -我们该走了 |
[30:52] | Because bowel obstructions can lead to irritation | 如果肠梗阻没有完全分解 |
[30:54] | in the diaphragm if they aren’t fully resolved, | 可能会引起膈膜发炎 |
[30:56] | I–I feel like I should keep you for some more observation. | 我 我觉得我应该留你继续观察 |
[30:59] | You know, if it gets worse, we’ll have it checked at rehab. | 如果情况恶化 我们可以去康复中心检查 |
[31:01] | There are doctors there. | 那里也有医生 |
[31:05] | We should do a chest X-ray. | 我们要做个胸透 |
[31:08] | Yes, yes, we need a stat chest X-ray. | 对 对 我们要马上做个胸透 |
[31:11] | Could you take Danny over to radiology? | 你能带丹尼去放射科吗 |
[31:12] | I’ll get a wheelchair. | 我去拿轮椅 |
[31:13] | Really, I’m sure he’ll be fine. | 真的 他肯定没事 |
[31:15] | We’re on a schedule. | 我们赶时间 |
[31:15] | Mrs. Jones, I see how concerned you are for your son, | 琼斯太太 我能看出来你很关心你儿子 |
[31:18] | and I want to make sure he gets the best care. | 我想确保他得到最好的治疗 |
[31:20] | I promise we’re gonna make this quick. | 我保证我们会快一点 |
[31:25] | So it turns out Eric’s roommate | 所以埃里克的室友 |
[31:26] | was seen here up in GI three days ago for a bleed. | 三天前在这里的胃肠科检查过内出血 |
[31:29] | But Eric wasn’t here with him? | 但埃里克没有陪他 |
[31:31] | No, but he’s immunocompromised from rheumatoid arthritis meds, | 没有 但他因为类风湿性关节炎而免疫低下 |
[31:34] | which means even if his roommate was just a carrier for CRE, | 也就是说就算他室友只是CRE携带者 |
[31:37] | Eric could easily catch it from him. | 埃里克也能轻易被他传染 |
[31:39] | And the patient in the ED at East Mercy? | 那东慈急救室的病人呢 |
[31:41] | Was upstairs Monday | 患者周一在楼上 |
[31:42] | to see his hematologist for chronic anemia. | 找过血液专科医师看慢性贫血 |
[31:44] | So with Haley, that’s three patients | 所以加上海莉 三名病人 |
[31:47] | all within the last few days. | 都是在最近几天感染的 |
[31:48] | We’re checking the hospital records line by line | 我们在一条一条地查医院记录 |
[31:50] | to see if they have anything in common, | 看看他们有没有共同点 |
[31:51] | staff, location, food, supplies. | 医护人员 地点 食物 医用品 |
[31:55] | Think we’re almost there. | 应该快查到了 |
[32:09] | – Maggie? – Hey, what’s going on? | -麦基 -怎么了 |
[32:12] | The hospital just received a set of legal papers. | 医院刚收到一些法律文件 |
[32:15] | They’re from Cindy’s sister. | 辛迪的妹妹发来的 |
[32:17] | She got in touch? | 她联系我们了 |
[32:18] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[32:20] | She’s ordering us to withdraw support. | 她勒令我们撤掉维持机 |
[32:22] | What? No. | 什么 不行 |
[32:24] | I’ve already spoken to legal. | 我已经跟法律部谈过了 |
[32:26] | There’s nothing we can do. | 我们什么都做不了 |
[32:27] | I am truly, truly sorry. | 我真的 真的很抱歉 |
[32:30] | Maggie, I had no idea– | 麦基 我不知道 |
[32:50] | You feeling a little better, sweetheart? | 你感觉好一点了吗 宝贝儿 |
[32:54] | Well, it’s still early, | 现在还为时尚早 |
[32:55] | but it looks like her fever’s breaking. | 但她好像开始退烧了 |
[32:57] | I think the antibiotics may be starting to work. | 我觉得抗生素可能开始起效了 |
[33:01] | I’ll be back in a bit to check in again. | 我一会儿再过来看看 |
[33:03] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[33:09] | I think Haley’s turning the corner. | 我觉得海莉已经转危为安了 |
[33:12] | Yeah, Eric’s perking up a little bit too. | 是的 埃里克的精神也好一点了 |
[33:19] | Extubating him was risky. | 拔掉他的气管很冒险 |
[33:21] | But it was a good call. | 但是个正确的决定 |
[33:25] | I found our link. | 我找到联系了 |
[33:29] | An endoscope? | 内窥镜 |
[33:30] | Haley, Eric’s roommate, | 海莉 埃里克的室友 |
[33:32] | the patient at East Mercy | 东慈的病人 |
[33:33] | all had endoscopies here in the last week. | 上周都在这里做了内窥镜检查 |
[33:36] | Okay, but we’re always gowned and gloved, | 好吧 但我们都会穿手术服戴手套 |
[33:38] | and everything gets sterilized. | 所有的东西也都会杀菌 |
[33:40] | So this crevice along the tip | 尖端的这个缝隙 |
[33:42] | is just wide enough to harbor bacteria and small enough | 非常之小 但足以让细菌藏身 |
[33:45] | that even following the manufacturer’s guidelines, | 哪怕完全遵循生产商指南 |
[33:47] | it doesn’t always clean that groove. | 这里也不是一直都清理 |
[33:48] | – Well, we have to tell the FDA. – They know. | -我们得告诉食品药品管理局 -他们知道了 |
[33:51] | They’re the ones that told us. | 就是他们告诉我们的 |
[33:52] | – Wait. – What? | -慢着 -什么 |
[33:53] | – The FDA knows? – Yes. | -食品药品管理局知道了 -是的 |
[33:56] | Our hospital has dozens of these. | 我们医院里有数十个这种东西 |
[33:57] | There must be thousands in use across the country. | 全国范围内肯定有成千上万个 |
[33:59] | That’s why the FDA hasn’t pulled them. | 所以食品药品管理局才没有直接叫停使用 |
[34:02] | They don’t want to cause an endoscope shortage. | 他们不想造成内窥镜短缺 |
[34:04] | So the agency created to protect patients is– | 也就是说本应该用来保护病人的机构… |
[34:07] | Made a cost-benefit analysis. | 进行了成本效益分析 |
[34:10] | I have to tell Haley’s parents. | 我得把这件事告诉海莉的父母 |
[34:11] | No, no, no, that’s my job. | 不不不 那是我的工作 |
[34:14] | Thank you, all. | 谢谢你们 |
[34:16] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[34:22] | They knew about it. | 他们知道 |
[34:23] | – Unbelievable. – It really is. | -难以置信 -确实 |
[34:26] | But I was right about one thing. | 但我说对了一件事 |
[34:28] | Told you it wasn’t your fault. | 我早就说那不是你的错 |
[34:31] | It’s great, what you two have. | 你们俩这样很棒 |
[34:34] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[34:35] | You and Dr. Halstead, you’re really good together. | 你和霍斯特德医生 你们真的很般配 |
[34:43] | Straight edges, opaque. | 直边 不透明 |
[34:45] | It looks manmade, | 像是人工制品 |
[34:46] | like there was something under Danny on the table. | 就像丹尼身体下面的桌子上的东西 |
[34:48] | No, this is definitely inside of him. | 不 东西肯定就在他体内 |
[34:50] | I could be wrong, but I think this might be a tracking device. | 我可能错了 但我觉得这可能是追踪设备 |
[34:53] | A what? | 什么 |
[34:55] | A transponder. Emits a homing signal. | 一个应答器 发射归航信号 |
[34:57] | Would explain how that woman found him. | 那个女人就是这么找到他的 |
[34:59] | – You mean his mom? – Yeah, is she, though? | -你是指他妈妈吗 -她真的是他妈妈吗 |
[35:02] | I mean, think about it– the guarded behavior, | 你想想 他那么小心翼翼 |
[35:05] | heroin abuse. | 吸食海洛因 |
[35:07] | Wait, you think he’s a drug mule? | 你觉得他是个毒贩吗 |
[35:09] | Resistance to examination by male doctors | 抗拒男性医生给他做检查 |
[35:11] | suggesting a history of abuse by other men. | 表明他有被其他男性虐待的历史 |
[35:14] | I’ve seen this before. | 我见过这种事 |
[35:17] | I think that Danny might be a victim of sex trafficking. | 我觉得丹尼可能是性奴贩卖的受害者 |
[35:20] | Sex trafficking? | 性奴贩卖 |
[35:24] | – So that woman… – Is his pimp. | -所以那个女人 -是他的皮条客 |
[35:30] | Wait, Sarah. | 等一下 萨拉 |
[35:31] | Dr. Reese? Stop. | 里斯医生 站住 |
[35:34] | We can’t just let her take him. | 我们不能让她带他走 |
[35:35] | He is not a minor, | 他不是未成年人 |
[35:36] | so we have no right to intercede unless he explicitly asks us to. | 所以我们无权干涉 除非他明确要我们介入 |
[35:39] | But he wanted me to find the chip. | 但他想让我找到定位芯片 |
[35:42] | He wanted me to know. | 他想让我知道 |
[35:43] | Well, what did he say? What exactly did he say? | 他怎么说的 他具体说了什么 |
[35:45] | He didn’t say anything, but he was– | 他什么都没说 但是他… |
[35:47] | See, Sarah, it’s not enough. | 萨拉 这不够 |
[35:49] | Crazy as it sounds, we need to know | 虽然听起来离谱 但我们需要知道 |
[35:50] | that he’s psychologically ready to be extricated. | 他从心理上已经准备好被解救出来了 |
[35:53] | We do this the wrong way, we call the police, | 如果我们做错 报警 |
[35:55] | could be very, very bad for him. | 那可能对他极为不利 |
[35:57] | It’s why we need to hear it from his own lips. Trust me. | 所以我们需要听他亲口说出来 相信我 |
[36:00] | Then I need to talk to him. | 那我需要跟他谈谈 |
[36:09] | Danny? | 丹尼 |
[36:17] | Thanks for all your help. | 谢谢你们的帮助 |
[36:34] | What’s gonna happen to him? | 他会发生什么 |
[36:48] | Fellowship programs? | 研修项目 |
[36:49] | Yeah, I’m just wondering if staying here was a mistake. | 是 我在想留在这里是不是个错误 |
[36:53] | Why? | 为什么这么想 |
[36:55] | Latham–the man is odd. | 莱瑟 他很奇怪 |
[36:59] | He says that he is not good with ambiguity. | 他说他喜欢直来直去 |
[37:01] | That is an understatement. | 那说得太委婉了 |
[37:03] | He is from Mars. | 他就是火星来的 |
[37:04] | I–I am constantly trying to figure out | 我一直想弄明白 |
[37:06] | who the hell is this guy, | 这家伙的为人 |
[37:08] | and I don’t know if I can handle working | 我不知道我能否受得了 |
[37:09] | with him every day for the next two years. | 接下来的两年每天跟他一起工作 |
[37:12] | Is he? I get why you’d feel that way. | 是吗 我理解你为什么会有那种感觉 |
[37:16] | I just think he takes some getting used to. | 不过我觉得你习惯他就好了 |
[37:19] | Did you just say, “Is he?” | 你刚才是说”是吗”吗 |
[37:20] | Why don’t you come meet us on the balcony tonight around 7:00? | 今晚大概七点你来阳台找我们吧 |
[37:24] | Why should I do that? | 为什么 |
[37:25] | Because I think there’s more to him than meets the eye. | 因为我觉得他并不像看上去那样 |
[37:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:37] | Mr. Hall. | 霍尔先生 |
[37:42] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[37:45] | You a doctor? | 你是医生吗 |
[37:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:49] | We were worried about you. | 我们很担心你 |
[37:54] | That girl. | 那个姑娘 |
[38:00] | Laurie? | 劳丽 |
[38:01] | Laurie. | 劳丽 |
[38:03] | You should know, through all of this, | 你应该知道 这一切中 |
[38:05] | she was your strongest advocate. | 她是你最坚强的后盾 |
[38:07] | I’m sure. | 我知道 |
[38:09] | Sir? | 先生 |
[38:11] | I’m her–what’s that word? | 我是她的…叫什么来着 |
[38:17] | Gravy train– is that the word? | 钻石王老五 是这么说的吗 |
[38:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:31] | You can’t take it with you. | 生不带来死不带去 |
[38:46] | – How’s he doing? – Surprisingly well. | -他怎么样 -出奇得好 |
[38:50] | You made the right decision, Dr. Choi. | 你做了正确的决定 崔医生 |
[38:53] | Did I? | 是吗 |
[38:56] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[38:58] | It could have gone either way. | 结果谁都说不准 |
[39:02] | Combat medicine was always so simple. | 战争中的医疗一直很简单 |
[39:05] | Just save whoever they put in front of you; | 只要救治他们放到你前面的人就行了 |
[39:08] | never any questions, “Should I? | 从不会有”我应该救吗” |
[39:09] | Shouldn’t I?” | 这种疑问 |
[39:12] | Never really had to deal with that before. | 我以前从未真正面对过这种问题 |
[39:26] | Tell Mom I said hi. | 代我向妈妈问好 |