时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – I got her! – Help me, please! | -我看到她了 -救命 |
[00:03] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[00:04] | Karra! | 卡拉 |
[00:06] | I think it was arson. | 我认为是有人蓄意放火 |
[00:07] | Now you saw the husband in the fire. | 你看见男方在火灾里 |
[00:09] | – Anything suspicious there? – I don’t think he did it. | -有没有可疑的迹象 -我觉得不是他做的 |
[00:11] | Yes, he did. | 是他干的 |
[00:13] | – This is James, my stepson. – How’s he doing? | -是我继子詹姆斯 -他怎么样 |
[00:15] | Talks to me in 140 characters if he talks to me at all. | 跟我说话的时候也就不超过140个字符 |
[00:18] | James. What are you doing here? | 詹姆斯 你怎么来了 |
[00:20] | You surprised me with that text. | 你那条短信让我吃了一惊 |
[00:23] | – Do you want to ask me out? – Can I buy you a drink? | -所以你想约我吗 -我能请你喝一杯吗 |
[00:26] | Yes, you may. | 可以 |
[00:39] | – Hey there. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[00:46] | I…am a good girl. | 我是个好女孩儿 |
[00:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:02] | I say my prayers every night. | 我每晚都会祈祷 |
[01:05] | I-I give a dollar every day to a homeless guy | 我每天都会给路边的一个流浪汉 |
[01:08] | on the off ramp. | 一块钱 |
[01:10] | That’s very generous. | 真是个好姑娘 |
[01:11] | I didn’t kiss a boy for real | 我的初吻还是在我 |
[01:14] | until I was 17. | 十七岁的时候 |
[01:15] | Well, that’s one lucky guy. | 他可真幸运 |
[01:18] | – And sex… – Waiting till you get married. | -性爱这方面… -等到你结婚以后 |
[01:21] | No. No chance in hell. | 不 不会的 |
[01:45] | I sang in the church choir too. | 我也在教堂唱诗班 |
[01:47] | Hallelujah to that. | 赞美上帝 |
[02:00] | I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[02:03] | And I really like you too. | 我也是 |
[02:13] | So, uh, how old are you now, James? | 詹姆斯 你现在多大了 |
[02:15] | – Uh, 17. – Never too early. | -十七 -永远不会太早 |
[02:19] | For what? | 什么 |
[02:20] | Thinking about the CFD. | 考虑加入芝加哥消防局呀 |
[02:23] | Uh, I-I don’t know about that. | 我还不知道 |
[02:25] | Tom, go easy on him. What did you know at 17? | 汤姆 别这样 你十七岁的时候知道个啥 |
[02:27] | That I wanted to be a firefighter. You? | 我知道我想成为一名消防员 你呢 |
[02:30] | Same damn thing. | 一样 |
[02:34] | Friends like your father here– | 像你爸爸这样的朋友 |
[02:36] | you’re damn right I’m going to call him your father– | 没错 我称呼他为你爸爸 |
[02:38] | one in a million. | 是个人才 |
[02:40] | But with the CFD, there’s a million of us. | 但在芝加哥消防局里 有很多这样的人 |
[02:43] | Best damn stock there is. | 到处都是人才 |
[02:45] | Yeah. I guess I never had anything like that. | 是啊 我想我从来没有过那样的经历 |
[02:48] | Well, it’s right here in front of you, kid. | 机会就在你面前呢 孩子 |
[02:52] | So, speaking about good stock, | 说到人才 |
[02:56] | we gonna talk about New York or not? | 我们是不是要谈谈纽约行了 |
[02:59] | I got Connie working on it. | 我叫康妮在跟进了 |
[03:01] | Johnny Salka doesn’t retire every day. | 约翰尼·萨尔卡可不会天天在那等着你 |
[03:03] | You should be there. | 你应该过去 |
[03:05] | – Told you I’m working on it. – Wallace… | -都说了已经在跟进了 -华莱士 |
[03:08] | you gotta face this thing head on, buddy. | 你得面对这件事儿 兄弟 |
[03:11] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[03:15] | But not now, okay? | 但现在不是时候 |
[03:25] | Hey, uh, listen up. | 大伙儿都听着 |
[03:29] | Holy Moses. Ah! James? | 我的天 詹姆斯 |
[03:32] | The last time I saw you, you were just a little ankle biter. | 我上次见你的时候 你还是个小不点 |
[03:36] | Hey, everybody, this is my stepson James. | 大伙儿 这是我继子詹姆斯 |
[03:38] | He’s going to spend a couple of shifts with us, | 他将跟我们体验几天生活 |
[03:40] | see if the job is right for him. | 看看这份工作是否适合他 |
[03:44] | Cruz, find James a bunk, please? | 克鲁兹 麻烦给詹姆斯找个铺位 |
[03:45] | Absolutely, Chief. Follow me. | 好的 队长 跟我来 |
[03:48] | Wow, look at him. | 看看他 |
[03:51] | Yep, we’re old. | 是啊 我们都老了 |
[03:54] | Speak for yourself. I’m just hitting my stride. | 你在说你自己吧 我还充满干劲呢 |
[03:58] | By “Hitting your stride” | “充满干劲” |
[04:00] | you mean pulling a hamstring, right? | 你是说走后门吗 |
[04:02] | I heard through the grapevine | 我听到小道消息说 |
[04:03] | that my name came up for promotion. | 我有被提名升职 |
[04:05] | – You’re getting promoted? – What? Wait, no, I didn’t– | -你要升职了 -什么 等等 不 我 |
[04:06] | – Herrmann! – You’re kidding. | -赫尔曼 -开什么玩笑 |
[04:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:10] | Look, there’s still plenty of time | 听着 现在依然有很多时间 |
[04:12] | for the big shots to change their mind. | 让上头随时可能改变主意 |
[04:15] | They always do. | 他们经常这样 |
[04:16] | Maybe your lieutenant could put in a good word for you. | 也许你的副队可以帮你说几句好话 |
[04:18] | Honestly, I’ve never seen Herrmann in action. | 坦白说 我从没见过赫尔曼行动 |
[04:20] | I fill in for you all the time. | 我次次都帮你顶上 |
[04:23] | How about this? | 不如这样 |
[04:24] | You take the helm at 81 for the shift. | 这次班你来领导81号云梯队 |
[04:26] | I’ll shadow, get a feel for your style. | 我退居二线 让你找点感觉 |
[04:28] | – We’ll go from there. – You’re on. | -然后再看情况 -没问题 |
[04:32] | Hey, Casey, can I talk to you a sec? | 凯西 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[04:40] | That was Darin Whitney. | 刚才是达林·惠特尼 |
[04:41] | Guy who lost his wife in the fire last week. | 上周他的妻子在火灾中丧生 |
[04:44] | He called to say OFI’s all over him. | 他打电话来说火警调查办公室一直在找他 |
[04:46] | Asking about chemicals on his clothes. | 询问关于他衣服上化学物质的事 |
[04:48] | That’s their job. | 那是他们的本职工作 |
[04:49] | Last I heard, they weren’t going to pursue him. | 我之前听说他们不打算起诉他 |
[04:51] | Maybe they’re tying up loose ends. | 也许他们只是打算早点结案 |
[04:55] | Truck 81, Ambo 61, person injured from fall. | 81号云梯车 61号救护车 有人摔伤 |
[04:58] | 23423 North LaSalle Street. | 北拉塞尔街23423号 |
[05:02] | All you, Lieutenant. | 全交给你指挥了 副队 |
[05:15] | Hey, it’s my daughter, Jessie. | 是我的女儿杰西 |
[05:17] | She was playing on the roof with her friends | 她本来和她朋友在屋顶上玩 |
[05:18] | – and feel through the skylight. – All right, Otis, Kidd, | -突然从天窗摔了下来 -奥蒂斯 基德 |
[05:20] | oxygen, jump bag, and backboard. | 准备吸氧 跳袋和担架 |
[05:22] | Look, I told her not to mess around up there. | 我跟她说过不要上去玩 |
[05:23] | All right. Take us to her. | 好 带我们去看看她 |
[05:33] | She’s bleeding a lot. | 她流了很多血 |
[05:34] | I’ve been trying to keep her talking. | 我一直跟她说话不让她昏迷 |
[05:35] | Okay. It’s okay. You did good. | 没事的 你做得很好 |
[05:36] | Ambo 61, this is Truck 81. | 61号救护车 这里是81号云梯车 |
[05:39] | I got a girl fell through a skylight, two story home. | 有一个女孩从两层楼高的天窗掉了下来 |
[05:42] | She’s got a piece of glass stuck in her bread basket. | 一块玻璃插在了她的肚子上 |
[05:44] | She’s bleeding pretty bad. | 她流了很多血 |
[05:46] | Roger that. We’re almost there. | 收到 我们马上到了 |
[05:47] | It’s probably better to take Sedgwick. | 可能还是走赛德维克路比较好 |
[05:52] | Come on. | 快点啊 |
[06:00] | Ugh. Sirens don’t mean a thing to anyone anymore. | 现在谁都不把警笛声当回事了啊 |
[06:03] | Dawson, watch out! | 道森 小心 |
[06:21] | No, no, no, no, no, no! | 不不不不不不 |
[06:23] | 61 in main. | 61号车呼叫总部 |
[06:24] | We had an accident with a pedestrian. | 我们撞到了一名行人 |
[06:26] | – 61, repeat your last. – I hit a pedestrian. | -61号救护车 报告地址 -我撞到了行人 |
[06:31] | It looks like he’s still alive. Standby. | 他好像还活着 等候下一步指示 |
[06:33] | Everyone, head in the game. | 所有人开始干活 |
[06:34] | 61, companies are on the way. | 61 增援马上就到 |
[06:36] | – Mouch, we need the wizzer. – Coming up. | -穆奇 我们需要转锯 -马上 |
[06:40] | 81 to main, copy that last transmission. | 81号车呼叫总部 收到上一则消息 |
[06:42] | We still need an ambo at our location, fast as possible. | 我们还需要一辆救护车尽快赶到我们所在的地点 |
[06:46] | Copy, Truck 81. Working on it. | 收到 81号云梯车 我们正在努力调派 |
[06:48] | Working on it. | 努力调派 |
[06:52] | – How is he? – He’s only responding to pain. | -他怎么样了 -他只有疼痛反应 |
[06:55] | – Head injury. – Okay, one, two, three. | -头部受伤 -好了 一 二 三 |
[06:59] | Main, patient’s a trauma. We need a transport now. | 总部 病人重伤 需要马上送往医院 |
[07:02] | Copy 61. Go ahead | 收到 61号 去吧 |
[07:04] | and then hold at Chicago Med for a sobriety test. | 然后去芝加哥医院进行酒驾测试 |
[07:08] | It’s just protocol. You have nothing to worry about. | 只是标准流程 你不用担心的 |
[07:23] | All right, we’re good. | 好了 没事了 |
[07:25] | 81 to Main, | 81号车呼叫总部 |
[07:26] | our girl’s ready to roll. Where’s her ride? | 可以送伤者去医院了 车呢 |
[07:28] | Ambo 97 is rerouting from Wrigleyville. Ten minutes. | 97号救护车正在从莱格里维尔过去 十分钟后到 |
[07:31] | – Gotta be kidding. – She has to wait? | -开玩笑吧 -她还得等着 |
[07:35] | No. Clean out the rig. | 不 清理干净后车厢 |
[07:36] | We’re going to get her to Med ourselves. | 我们得自己送她去医院 |
[07:38] | We–we’re not cleared to transport. | 我们…我们不能送病人 |
[07:40] | She needs a sterile environment. | 她需要处于无菌环境中 |
[07:41] | Move, Otis. You got an order. | 快去 奥蒂斯 你听到命令了 |
[07:43] | Copy, Lieutenant. | 收到 副队 |
[07:44] | All right, let’s get her up. | 好了 把她抬起来 |
[08:05] | Clean. | 没问题 |
[08:06] | Urine too. | 还要验尿 |
[08:09] | We’re not taking any chances. | 我们不能放过任何漏洞 |
[08:14] | Fill it up. | 去吧 |
[08:25] | – Hey. – Kid? | -你好 -基德 |
[08:27] | Name’s Jessie Winkler, fell 20 feet through a skylight. | 杰西·温科勒 从六米高的天窗上摔下来 |
[08:30] | On scene for 20 minutes, no available ambo. | 在现场耽误了20分钟 没有空闲的救护车 |
[08:33] | – Blood pressure is 70 palp. – She’s lost a lot of blood. | -血压70 -她流了很多血 |
[08:35] | All right, take her to Trauma 2. | 好的 送她去二号创伤科 |
[08:36] | You guys probably saved her life | 你们亲自送她来 |
[08:37] | by bringing her here yourselves. | 可能是救了她一命啊 |
[08:39] | But I’m still going to need that run sheet, though, | 但我还是需要那张登记表 |
[08:40] | – to give to Goodwin, all right? – Yeah. | -要给古德温 好吗 -好的 |
[08:42] | – All right. – I can handle it. | -好 -交给我 |
[08:43] | Nah, nah, nah. I got it. I made the call. | 不不不 交给我 我做的决定 |
[08:45] | – I can do the rundown, all right? – Okay. | -我能签字吧 -好 |
[08:47] | – Leaders lead, right? – Yeah. | -队长的权力 -对 |
[08:50] | Brett, where’s Gabby? | 布莱特 加比在哪里 |
[08:52] | She’s in with Chief Hatcher. Victim’s in a coma. | 她在和海切尔队长一起 伤者正处于昏迷中 |
[08:55] | – I’m gonna sit in with her. – Lieutenant, you can’t. | -我去陪她 -副队 不行 |
[08:58] | Gotta be a union rep. | 得工会代表去 |
[09:00] | Okay. Go ahead. | 好吧 你去吧 |
[09:05] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
[09:06] | She’s in shock. | 她吓到了 |
[09:08] | I mean, the guy came out of nowhere. | 那个人突然冒了出来 |
[09:09] | There was nothing she could have done to avoid him. | 她根本就来不及避让开 |
[09:14] | And how fast were you going when the pedestrian appeared? | 行人出现的时候你车的时速多少 |
[09:17] | Uh, I’d say about 20, 25. | 20 25码吧 |
[09:20] | Which? 20 or 25? | 是20码还是25码 |
[09:24] | – Uh, closer to 20. – Is there a difference? | -差不多20吧 -有区别吗 |
[09:26] | I need to get the facts straight. | 我得查清楚 |
[09:28] | If you’re unclear, presumption will be that you didn’t– | 如果你自己都不清楚 那我就只能假设你没有 |
[09:30] | 20 miles per hour last time I looked at the speedometer, | 我最后一次看车速表的时候是20码 |
[09:32] | crossing Larabee in the left-most lane. | 当时我正在最左侧车道通过拉勒比街 |
[09:35] | – That specific enough? – Okay, Dawson, | -够详细了吗 -好了 道森 |
[09:37] | let’s take it down a notch. I’m here for you. | 冷静一下 我为你而来 |
[09:39] | – I’m on your side here. – No, you wanted to be specific. | -我是来帮你的 -不 是你说要详细的 |
[09:41] | – Let’s be specific. – Dawson– | -那我就详细点啊 -道森 |
[09:42] | I had the lights and sirens on and I was on the horn. | 我开了警报灯与警报笛 我在鸣喇叭 |
[09:45] | Guy steps in the middle of the road | 他从一辆车后面突然 |
[09:46] | not ten feet in front of me from behind the cover of a van. | 走到路中间离我不到十英尺的地方 |
[09:49] | The time between him stepping in the road | 从他冲到路中间 |
[09:51] | and me slamming on my brakes was about a second, | 到我踩下刹车之间大概一秒钟 |
[09:53] | but I saw the look in his eyes. They were blue. | 但我看到了他的眼神 非常忧郁 |
[09:58] | Am I wrong? | 我错了吗 |
[10:01] | Chief, a word. | 队长 借一步说话 |
[10:13] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[10:18] | It was unavoidable. | 当时根本就不可能避开 |
[10:24] | – What in the hell was that? – Wallace– | -刚才那是什么情况 -华莱士 |
[10:25] | You barely wait for a union rep | 你都不等工会代表过来 |
[10:27] | before you decide to interrogate? | 你就直接开始审问 |
[10:28] | It’s a field report. | 只是现场报告而已 |
[10:29] | I have a responsibility to fill this out– | 我有责任填这个… |
[10:30] | And I am her chief. | 我是她的队长 |
[10:33] | There’s a comatose man in the E.D. | 急诊室里还躺着一个昏迷的人 |
[10:35] | whose lawyer has already called the department, | 他的律师已经联系了局里 |
[10:37] | threatening a suit. | 威胁说要起诉 |
[10:38] | So what you’re saying is | 那么你的意思是 |
[10:39] | the department doesn’t have her back? | 局里不打算挺她吗 |
[10:42] | If it were me, I’d be getting outside counsel. | 如果是我 我不会去趟这淌浑水 |
[10:55] | Have you been with him? Who was with him? You? | 你一直陪着他吗 谁在陪他 你吗 |
[10:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:59] | Oh, God, Dad… What happened? | 天啊 爸爸 发生什么事了 |
[11:07] | Is he all right? | 他还好吗 |
[11:23] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[11:25] | Hey. Come here. | 过来 |
[11:31] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[11:33] | Uh, I feel like I should say yes. | 我觉得我应该说我挺好 |
[11:36] | How’s the guy? | 那人怎样 |
[11:38] | Critical. That’s all I know. | 很严重 我就知道这么多 |
[11:44] | Don’t let Hatcher rattle your cage, all right? | 别跟海切尔置气 好吗 |
[11:46] | We all know you’re in the right. | 我们都知道你是无辜的 |
[11:47] | I’ll call the union. Rally support. | 我会打电话给工会争取支持 |
[11:52] | Thanks, everyone. Excuse me. | 谢谢大伙 失陪一下 |
[11:55] | Hey, it’s McHolland. | 你好 我是迈克霍兰德 |
[11:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:06] | How’s she? | 她怎么样 |
[12:09] | Shaken. | 还是不安 |
[12:11] | Truth always comes out for the innocent though, right? | 真相总会为无辜者水落石出的 对吗 |
[12:17] | How about you just come out and say what you want to say? | 有什么话你就直截了当的说吧 |
[12:19] | I know you called OFI and got them to extend | 我知道你有打给火警调查办公室 让他们 |
[12:21] | – their investigation. – I’m not hiding that. | -展开调查 -我没否认啊 |
[12:22] | This is a grieving husband. I saw it with my own eyes. | 那是个悲痛欲绝的丈夫 我亲眼所见 |
[12:25] | I don’t know what it’s going to take to make you see that. | 我不知道要如何才能让你看到这一点 |
[12:27] | The truth. | 真相 |
[12:36] | You let her down and you fail every first responder | 你让她失望就是等于辜负了这城里 |
[12:38] | in this city! Is that how we treat our own? | 所有的急救员 我们就这么对自己人的吗 |
[12:46] | Then just do it. | 那就去做吧 |
[12:52] | Look, uh, day took a turn. | 今天不顺 |
[12:55] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没事 我懂的 |
[12:57] | Chief, I’ve been treading water | 队长 今天我一直 |
[12:58] | on this New York trip all day– | 在研究这次纽约行… |
[13:00] | – Cancel it. – Really, Chief– | -取消 -队长… |
[13:01] | Connie, please. | 康妮 拜托了 |
[13:08] | Send my regrets. | 告诉他们我很抱歉 |
[13:10] | Will you do me a favor? | 能帮我个忙吗 |
[13:12] | You find Joe Cruz. | 你去找乔·克鲁兹 |
[13:13] | You tell him I said to show you some ladder drills. | 告诉他我说让他给你看云梯练习 |
[13:17] | Yeah. Sure. | 好的 |
[13:21] | Chief, there’s some lawyer out here taking pictures. | 队长 有几个律师在外面拍照 |
[13:28] | Hold on. That’s been there for months. | 等等 这些痕迹都几个月了 |
[13:31] | – Dawson– – No, that–that was, uh, | -道森 -不 那是… |
[13:32] | that was first watch from, uh, a warehouse fire six months ago. | 那是六个月前头班时的一次仓库起火留下的 |
[13:38] | Look, you don’t have to do this. If we could just– | 听着 你没必要这样 如果我们可以… |
[13:41] | if we could just talk, | 我们可以谈谈吗 |
[13:42] | I can tell you what happened with your father. | 我能告诉你 你父亲发生了什么 |
[13:43] | Sweetheart, do me a favor. | 亲爱的 帮我个忙 |
[13:45] | Don’t address my client. | 别和我的委托人说话 |
[13:48] | What did you just call me? | 你刚刚叫我什么 |
[13:49] | What’s going on here? | 什么情况 |
[13:51] | Oh. Scott Powers. | 我是斯科特·鲍尔斯 |
[13:54] | I’m the attorney for Russell Hayes, | 我是拉塞尔·海耶斯的律师 |
[13:55] | – the son of the man– – I know who you are. | -他是伤者的儿子 -我知道你是谁 |
[13:57] | Why are you here? | 你来干什么 |
[13:59] | It’s our notification of intent to sue. | 这是我们的起诉意向通知 |
[14:05] | We’ll be chatting soon. | 我们很快会再见的 |
[14:17] | He is suggesting 5 million in damages against the CFD. | 他想问局里要五百万的伤害赔偿 |
[14:20] | This is ridiculous. | 扯淡 |
[14:23] | Plus another million from me personally. | 还加上我个人另外一百万的赔偿 |
[14:30] | The department has deep pockets. | 局里有钱 |
[14:31] | Let them take the lead. | 让他们去处理就好了 |
[14:33] | They’ll get the best settlement they can. | 他们会打成最优和解 |
[14:35] | So you want me to take responsibility | 所以你希望我为那些 |
[14:37] | for something I couldn’t avoid? | 我根本无法避免的事情担责吗 |
[14:38] | Of course not, but I don’t want you to go all Gabby Dawson | 当然不 但是我不希望你总一个人扛着 |
[14:40] | and make things worse for yourself. | 把事情变得更糟 |
[14:42] | When have I ever done that? | 我什么时候有那么做过 |
[14:45] | Okay, okay. Those times were warranted. | 好吧 之前那几次我是得到过批准 |
[14:50] | Okay, you’re right. You’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[14:52] | Just listen. Be strong. | 听着 坚强点 |
[14:55] | We’ll get through this. | 一切都会过去的 |
[14:59] | It’s Antonio. | 是安东尼奥 |
[15:02] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:05] | Oh, hey, uh, since you’re sleeping in gen-pop tonight. | 既然你今晚要睡在大牢里 把这个戴上 |
[15:10] | – Much obliged. – Yeah. | -谢了 -客气 |
[15:14] | Casey? | 凯西 |
[15:18] | Can I see you in my office? | 能来下我办公室吗 |
[15:24] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
[15:25] | Uh, still waiting to see | 还是在等看 |
[15:27] | if the white shirts are gonna have her back. | 上头会不会挺她 |
[15:29] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:37] | 消防局比武 第一名 克里斯托弗·赫尔曼 | |
[15:41] | Gotta get into character, right? | 总得有点个性 对吧 |
[15:44] | – Right. – All right. | -没错 -好吧 |
[15:46] | – Can I ask you something? – Sure. | -能问你点事儿吗 -当然 |
[15:48] | Um, this report, | 这份报告 |
[15:51] | when they say “Entity”– | 他们说的”实体”… |
[15:55] | They mean company 81. | 就是81号云梯车队 |
[15:58] | The heck don’t they say that then? | 他们直说不就完了吗 |
[16:01] | You get promoted and before you know it | 你已经得到了晋升 |
[16:02] | you’ll be a white shirt yourself. | 很快你也就成了上头的一员了 |
[16:04] | It ain’t all trophies and bald eagles. | 要想当高层 不是只有奖杯和口号就行 |
[16:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:15] | Yeah, let me know. I love you. Bye. | 好的 保持联系 爱你 拜 |
[16:18] | Hey, there you are. I wanted to see how you were doing. | 你在这儿啊 我想来看看你怎么样 |
[16:20] | That was Antonio. | 刚跟安东尼奥通完话 |
[16:22] | Oh. Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[16:24] | He said to say hello. | 他让我帮他问好 |
[16:26] | Oh. That’s– that’s nice of him. | 他…他真好 |
[16:30] | You slept with him. | 你跟他睡过了 |
[16:36] | Please. | 拜托 |
[16:37] | As much as I want to stay out of the middle of you two, | 我对你俩这事儿一点兴趣都没有 |
[16:39] | I also just want to get my mind off of all this other junk. | 我只希望能从另一件破事里解脱出来 |
[16:42] | Um, uh, well, | 好吧 |
[16:44] | I-I may have knocked on his door last night. | 昨晚我有去他房间晃那么一小下 |
[16:48] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[16:50] | It was perfect. | 真的好棒 |
[16:52] | He’s so…caring. | 他真的好体贴 |
[16:54] | And, oh, his touch makes my body ti– | 他的抚摸让我的身体… |
[16:56] | Ah! Okay, wait. I was wrong. | 好了 等等 我错了 |
[16:58] | Thought I could handle it. I can’t. | 我还以为我能接受 不行 |
[17:01] | I am here for you either way. | 无论如何 我为你而来 |
[17:03] | I know. Thank you. | 我知道 谢谢 |
[17:13] | You want to see me? | 你想见我 |
[17:16] | OFI called. | 火警调查办公室来电 |
[17:18] | They confirmed the use of an accelerant | 他们确认在达林·惠特尼家 |
[17:19] | in Darin Whitney’s home. | 有使用过助燃剂 |
[17:21] | Okay, so an accelerant was used. | 好吧 使用过助燃剂 |
[17:24] | He was still nowhere near the house when the fire was started. | 但是火灾发生的时候 他还是不在附近 |
[17:27] | What about a timing device? | 也许有定时装置 |
[17:28] | Where’s the timing device, Casey? | 定时装置在哪里 凯西 |
[17:29] | No one found anything. | 有人找到了吗 |
[17:30] | We both know that fire didn’t start itself. | 你很清楚 火不可能自己烧起来 |
[17:32] | Why don’t you just give it a rest? | 你能不能别这么多疑 |
[17:33] | Okay, enough. | 够了 |
[17:36] | Let me be clear. You are both leaders in this house. | 我重申一下 你们都是局里的领队 |
[17:40] | I need you to act like it, starting yesterday. | 从昨天开始 你们就该有点领队的样子 |
[17:43] | By next shift I want a final statement on my desk | 下次换班前 把最终报告放我桌上 |
[17:45] | with both your signatures. | 你们两人都签字 |
[17:47] | It’ll go to the OFI and that will be the end of it. | 然后提交给火警调查办公室 就这样 |
[17:51] | Understood? | 听明白了吗 |
[18:01] | Dismissed. | 散了吧 |
[18:06] | And the bulldicky just keeps piling on. | 荒谬的事一件接一件 |
[18:09] | So now I’m learning that they make lieutenants | 我现在才知道原来副队 |
[18:12] | go through “Sensitivity training.” | 需要做敏感度培训 |
[18:14] | Why do you want this anyway? | 你到底为什么想这样 |
[18:17] | ‘Cause I always thought I was supposed to. | 因为我一直觉得我应该做 |
[18:20] | And ’cause I’m an idiot. | 因为我太蠢了 |
[18:23] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[18:25] | Christopher Herrmann. He does? | 我是克里斯托弗·赫尔曼 是吗 |
[18:29] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, I’ll be there. | 好好好 我会过去 |
[18:31] | Of course, yeah. Uh, wait, um… | 没问题 等等 |
[18:35] | was he smiling when he said that? | 他是笑着说的吗 |
[18:40] | Yeah, that’s great. Thank you so much. | 太好了 非常感谢 |
[18:42] | All right, bye. | 再见 |
[18:45] | Wow. Chief Walker wants to see me tomorrow. | 沃克局长明天想见我 |
[18:48] | – Must be good news. – Eh, don’t jinx it. | -应该是好消息 -话别说太早 |
[18:52] | Keep your hands on that ladder, James. | 手抓好梯子 詹姆斯 |
[19:03] | How’s he looking? | 他情况如何 |
[19:05] | Rough. | 不太好 |
[19:07] | Truthfully, Chief, I think he’d rather be anywhere but here. | 说实话 队长 我觉得他应该很想离开这里 |
[19:12] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:16] | Okay, that’s enough for the day. | 今天就先到这里吧 |
[19:18] | Get changed now. | 去换衣服吧 |
[19:33] | You need to hear this. | 有件事跟你说 |
[19:35] | Victim has a rocky past. | 受害者的过去很复杂 |
[19:37] | Unemployed since the steel mills went bust. | 轧钢厂倒闭之后一直没工作 |
[19:39] | He has a record too. | 还有犯罪前科 |
[19:41] | Court ordered treatment for attempted suicide. | 因为他有自杀倾向 法庭还安排过治疗 |
[19:45] | You think he walked into the street on purpose? | 你觉得他是故意走到马路中央的吗 |
[19:47] | Well, guy’s been in the valley a few times. | 他已经试过好几次了 |
[19:50] | Pills, blades. | 吞毒 割腕 |
[19:51] | Does lawyer Powers know his history? | 鲍尔斯律师知道他的过去吗 |
[19:53] | Does he care? It’s never been about the truth with that guy. | 他在乎吗 那家伙从来不在乎真相 |
[19:56] | It’s a paycheck. | 他只在乎钱 |
[19:57] | Anything that takes fault off the city, he’s not interested. | 任何能帮城市推卸责任的事 他都没兴趣 |
[20:00] | Well, what about the son? | 那他儿子呢 |
[20:01] | Dad left when he was ten. | 他十岁的时候父亲就走了 |
[20:02] | The son sued for unpaid child support | 他儿子成年之后 |
[20:04] | when he turned 18. Blood from a stone. | 告他没有提供抚养费 相当冷酷无情 |
[20:06] | His name’s not listed on any of the | 受害者的治疗记录里 |
[20:08] | victim’s treatment forms over the years. | 从来没有出现过他的名字 |
[20:10] | So how did he find out about the accident? | 他是怎么知道这场事故的 |
[20:12] | Well, my guess? Powers dug him up. | 我猜是鲍尔斯把他挖出来的 |
[20:14] | Can’t sue the city without a plaintiff. | 没有原告怎么起诉 |
[20:17] | Is that legal? | 这样不合法吧 |
[20:18] | I doubt he’s losing sleep over the particulars. | 他才不管这些呢 |
[20:21] | Severide. | 是西弗莱德 |
[20:22] | I’m supposed to meet him at the arson site. | 我们约好在纵火案现场见的 |
[20:24] | – Go ahead. Give him hell. – Nothing but. | -去吧 好好收拾他 -正有此意 |
[20:27] | I’m gonna fight this to the end. Thank you. | 我会坚持到底的 谢谢 |
[20:37] | – Found anything yet? – Not much. | -有发现吗 -不多 |
[20:47] | The city camera showed the husband at the restaurant | 监控显示 火灾发生时 |
[20:50] | when the blaze started. | 那位丈夫在餐厅里 |
[20:52] | Accelerated fire would have | 迅速燃起的火焰 |
[20:54] | engulfed this entire place in minutes. | 几分钟之内就将这里吞噬殆尽 |
[20:56] | Couldn’t have been him. | 不可能是他 |
[20:57] | Unless there was a fuse. | 除非有导火线 |
[21:00] | Some way he could delay the burn, | 他想办法延时了起火 |
[21:01] | give him time to set up an alibi. | 趁机制造了不在场证明 |
[21:05] | Waste basket was a seat, right? | 垃圾桶原来在这里对吧 |
[21:08] | No. Right there. | 不是 是那里 |
[21:15] | Charring? | 烧焦了 |
[21:17] | That’s where it started. | 那里是火源 |
[21:25] | Well, this– | 那这个… |
[21:27] | this ash. | 这些灰 |
[21:29] | Kindling? Sawdust? Something else he piled up. | 火柴 木屑 可能是他放着的东西 |
[21:33] | Maybe. But how did he spark it? | 也许吧 但是怎么点燃的 |
[21:36] | Leave the power running and hope that it surged out? | 不切断电源 希望有电火引燃吗 |
[21:39] | Maybe he sabotaged the power strip. | 也许他弄坏了插线板 |
[21:41] | – Created a short. – No. | -造成短路 -不 |
[21:44] | It would have went off as soon as the current ran through it | 那样的话 电流通过后会马上爆炸 |
[21:46] | and he would have got caught in the blaze. | 大火也会烧到他 |
[21:51] | And it’s–it’s not like he could have turned on | 他当时在餐馆里 |
[21:53] | the power strip from the restaurant. | 不可能给插线板通上电 |
[21:56] | Besides, even if he did delay the burn, | 另外 即使是他延时了起火 |
[21:59] | why go through all of that and then run back into the fire? | 为什么大费周章之后 还跑回火场 |
[22:02] | There’s no logic to it. | 这说不通 |
[22:08] | Okay, fine. I’m crazy. | 好吧 是我多心了 |
[22:11] | Casey, I’m telling you we have nothing. | 凯西 说真的 我们没有证据 |
[22:14] | I’m done. Just, um, write up the report. | 我不查了 写报告吧 |
[22:21] | I’ll sign it. | 我会签字 |
[22:36] | Casey, hold up. | 凯西 等下 |
[22:37] | – What? – Come here. | -怎么了 -过来 |
[22:41] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[22:44] | It’s called HomeGate. | 这叫”家庭网关” |
[22:45] | It’s a company that does home automation. | 这是一间做居家自动化的公司 |
[22:48] | It’s utilities, alarm systems, climate control. | 多功能应用 报警系统 室温控制 |
[22:52] | Whole thing’s controlled by an app on your phone. | 用手机就能远程操控 |
[23:03] | Hold this. | 拿着 |
[23:28] | That an internet cable? | 那是网线吗 |
[23:34] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[23:47] | What is that, Lamaze? | 这是什么 助产法吗 |
[23:48] | You told me to relax and breathe. | 你让我放松 深呼吸 |
[23:49] | Cindy and I went through this five times. | 我和辛迪进产房进了五回了 |
[23:57] | Listen. When you make your move, | 听着 你要调动时 |
[24:01] | any chance you’d have the pull to take me with you? | 你有可能将我也一起调走吗 |
[24:05] | You’d leave 51? | 你想离开51队吗 |
[24:07] | You and me been riding together a long time. | 我们俩一起共事很长时间了 |
[24:13] | He’s ready for you. | 你可以见他了 |
[24:28] | Thanks for waiting, Herrmann. | 谢谢等候 赫尔曼 |
[24:30] | We’ve been giving your promotion serious consideration. | 我们慎重考虑了一下你升职的事 |
[24:34] | However, if we’re going to move forward, | 但是 如果我们要进一步 |
[24:36] | we need to clear the air. | 就得澄清一些事 |
[24:38] | About? | 澄清什么 |
[24:40] | Is this your name on this run sheet? | 这张工作表上的名字是你吗 |
[24:42] | Yeah. I was acting lieutenant on 81. | 是 我当时是81号云梯队的代理副队 |
[24:45] | A girl was bleeding. | 一个女孩受伤出血了 |
[24:46] | She needed to get to the hospital ASAP. | 她需要立即被送往医院 |
[24:49] | I appreciate that. | 感谢你的回答 |
[24:51] | Nevertheless, protocols are protocols. | 然而 规定就是规定 |
[24:54] | So I’m gonna need you to write a formal statement | 所以你得写一份正式声明 |
[24:55] | taking liability. | 承担责任 |
[24:59] | What–and what does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[25:01] | Short suspension. Dock in pay. | 短时停职 扣薪 |
[25:04] | Even though I did the right thing? | 即便是我做了正确的事吗 |
[25:05] | Taking the hit is part of the job. | 担责也是这份工作的一部分 |
[25:07] | Taking the hit. | 担责 |
[25:09] | Oh, kinda like what Gabby Dawson is doing, hmm? | 就像加比·道森那样吧 |
[25:12] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[25:14] | Are you guys gonna have her back? | 你们会支持她吗 |
[25:16] | It’s an open investigation, Herrmann. | 这是公开调查 赫尔曼 |
[25:18] | Oh, how is that being a leader? | 那当领导的没有责任吗 |
[25:20] | You should probably consider your next words very carefully | 如果你还想当上副队 |
[25:23] | if you’re still thinking of making lieutenant. | 你最好还是小心说话 |
[25:26] | The funny thing is, up until now | 有意思的是 到目前为止 |
[25:28] | my job has been pretty straightforward. | 我的工作一直很简单 |
[25:29] | You know, kick in a door, save a life. | 就是进房子里救人 |
[25:32] | There’s been no inventory requests, | 没有库存补给要求 |
[25:34] | no status reports, | 没有状况报告 |
[25:36] | and definitely no statements of liability. | 也绝对没有担责声明 |
[25:40] | And there has been no sensitivity crap | 也不存在敏感度问题 |
[25:42] | just in case I say something stupid, | 就为了以防我说什么蠢话 |
[25:44] | which I am definitely not gonna do right now! | 而我绝不会照你们意思做的 |
[25:48] | And no paper white shirts who are too jelly spined | 也绝对不会像你们这些白衬衫高层 |
[25:51] | to stand up for their own! | 不敢出来担责 |
[25:52] | You know what? And another thing. | 还有一件事 |
[25:53] | I got a bone to pick with you about the amount of polyester | 我对于蓝色制服中的大量涤纶成分 |
[25:56] | in our dress blues. | 很有意见 |
[25:57] | Every time that I go to a formal event, | 我每次穿着去正式场合 |
[26:00] | I end up with a rash the size of Lake Michigan. | 回来后就全身大片起疹子 |
[26:09] | Hey, Darin. | 达林 |
[26:12] | Can we come in? | 我们能进来吗 |
[26:13] | Yeah. Absolutely. | 行 当然了 |
[26:19] | Something wrong? | 有事吗 |
[26:24] | You headed out? | 你要出门了吗 |
[26:26] | Cousin up in Rockford’s got an extra bed. | 罗克福德的表兄家里有地方 |
[26:30] | I need a change of scenery. | 我想换个地方住 |
[26:38] | We know, Darin. | 我们知道了 达林 |
[26:47] | If we looked at your phone | 如果我们查你的手机 |
[26:48] | we’d find an app that could activate this outlet | 就会找到那个从世界上任何地方都可以 |
[26:50] | from anywhere in the world, am I right? | 让这根网线通电的软件 对吗 |
[26:51] | Look, I’m– | 我… |
[26:52] | We already contacted HomeGate to confirm your usage. | 我们已经联系了公司确认你的使用情况 |
[26:55] | It’s time stamped. | 时间正好吻合 |
[26:59] | I can’t help you anymore. | 现在我也帮不了你了 |
[27:02] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[27:06] | I was trying to bail us out. | 我是想给我们解围 |
[27:10] | I have problems. | 我有麻烦 |
[27:13] | Debts. | 债务 |
[27:16] | But I knew she’d never go for it. | 但我知道她肯定不会赞成 |
[27:18] | She was supposed to be at her sister’s. | 她应该在她妹妹家的啊 |
[27:22] | I didn’t know she’d come home. I didn’t know. | 我不知道她会回家 我不知道 |
[27:27] | I saw her car out front | 我看到她的车停在门口 |
[27:29] | and by then the whole house was going up. | 那时候整个房子都已经烧起来了 |
[27:34] | I raced inside. | 我赶紧跑回家 |
[27:37] | You saw me. | 你看到我了 |
[27:42] | Darin Whitney, you have the right to remain silent. | 达林·惠特尼 你有权保持沉默 |
[27:46] | Anything you say | 但你所说的每一句话 |
[27:48] | can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 都将作为呈堂证供 |
[27:50] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[27:51] | If you can’t afford an attorney, one will be appointed. | 如果你请不起律师 法庭将为你指派一位 |
[28:04] | Uh, James. | 詹姆斯 |
[28:09] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[28:11] | I really don’t know. | 我真不知道 |
[28:13] | I should, but… | 我应该知道 但… |
[28:16] | Hey, I heard from Chief Walker. | 我听沃克队长说了 |
[28:18] | Ah, boy. | 我的天 |
[28:20] | He thinks you’re temperamentally unfit for command. | 他认为你的脾气不适合下命令 |
[28:23] | Sounds about right. | 听着没错 |
[28:24] | What did you do this time? | 这次你又做了什么 |
[28:27] | Spoke the truth. | 实话实说 |
[28:29] | Not always a wise choice. | 不太明智 |
[28:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:35] | Wise and me are like water and oil, | 明智和我就像是水和油 |
[28:38] | so I decided that the big guy put me on this planet | 所以我决定 老天派我下来 |
[28:42] | to swing an ax and drag a hose, | 就是为了挥斧头拉水管 |
[28:44] | and not make higher level decisions. | 不是做什么更复杂的决定 |
[28:53] | Everything all right? | 没什么事吧 |
[28:55] | Been a long couple of days. | 这两天不好过 |
[28:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:59] | For everybody, I’d say. | 我看对每个人来说都一样 |
[29:04] | Truck 81, Ambo 61, Squad 3. | 81号云梯车 61号救护车 3号抢险车 |
[29:24] | What do we got? | 什么情况 |
[29:24] | I blew a tire and went through the wall. | 我的车爆胎 撞倒了隔离 |
[29:26] | I didn’t even see the girl in the bike lane. | 我都没看到自行车道上有个小女孩 |
[29:28] | What girl? | 什么小女孩 |
[29:42] | – Herrmann? – Yeah? | -赫尔曼 -在 |
[29:43] | Grab the axel with the tow strap. | 拿个带钩的牵引带 |
[29:45] | Grab a winch, and pull the truck off. | 拿绞车把货车拖开 |
[29:50] | Hey, that’s gonna take time. She’s getting crushed. | 那样时间太久 她快被压扁了 |
[29:53] | If we cut the fence off her, we can get her out. | 如果把栅栏剪断 可以救她出来 |
[29:55] | The whole truck could go. | 那整个卡车可能都会翻过去 |
[29:56] | The fence is the only thing holding it up. | 现在只有栅栏支撑着卡车 |
[29:57] | Forget the winch. We’re gonna use manpower. | 不要绞车了 用人力 |
[30:00] | How much space you need to get in there and get her out? | 你需要多少空间钻进去救她出来 |
[30:02] | A few inches. | 再有几英寸 |
[30:05] | – We can do it. – Go. | -我们可以 -好 |
[30:07] | I’m coming around back. | 我很快回来 |
[30:09] | All right, Kidd, prep a rope. | 好的 基德 准备绳索 |
[30:10] | Yeah. Got it. | 好的 收到 |
[30:11] | All right, squad, help ’em out. | 好 抢险队 帮他们一起 |
[30:12] | Cruz, grab the wire cutters just in case. | 克鲁兹 把钢丝钳拿来 以防万一 |
[30:14] | I’m going in. | 我要进去了 |
[30:24] | Hey, just relax. We’re gonna get you out. | 放轻松 我们会救你出去 |
[30:26] | All right, I want two lines here. | 好 这里绑两根绳子 |
[30:27] | Squad, truck, let’s do this. | 抢险队 云梯队 开始吧 |
[30:33] | – Dawson, Brett, a little help. – Yeah, coming in. | -道森 布莱特 帮忙 -好 来了 |
[30:38] | One, two, three! | 一 二 三 |
[30:50] | You got it! | 很好 |
[31:08] | Come on, let’s get you out of here. | 过来吧 我们出去 |
[31:11] | Okay. | 好了 |
[31:20] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[31:25] | Pull! | 拉 |
[31:28] | Severide, get her out of there, now! | 西弗莱德 赶紧带她出来 |
[31:36] | It’s going. | 要倒了 |
[31:43] | Got you. | 好了 |
[31:48] | Severide! | 西弗莱德 |
[31:50] | Talk to me, Severide. | 回话 西弗莱德 |
[31:51] | I’m good, I’m good. | 我没事 我没事 |
[31:58] | Flip her. | 放下她 |
[32:06] | Nice job, bro. | 漂亮 兄弟 |
[32:20] | Mind waiting a bit? | 介意等我一下吗 |
[32:21] | No. Do what you gotta do. | 没事 你去吧 |
[32:41] | Excuse me, you can’t be in here. | 抱歉 你不能进来 |
[32:43] | I know I’m the last person you want to talk to right now. | 我知道你最不想见的人就是我 |
[32:45] | You need to leave. | 你需要离开 |
[32:48] | There’s something you need to see first. | 有东西你需要先看看 |
[32:58] | Your father needs help. | 你父亲需要帮助 |
[32:59] | He needed help before the accident. | 事故之前他就需要帮助 |
[33:01] | He’ll need it even more if he pulls through. | 如果他活下来 那他会更需要 |
[33:05] | He tried to kill himself? | 他想自杀吗 |
[33:13] | I did all I could to avoid that accident, okay? | 我为了避免事故已经尽力了 |
[33:17] | I did everything to save your father afterward. | 事故后我为了救你父亲尽了全力 |
[33:55] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[33:58] | You’re canceling? | 你要取消吗 |
[34:00] | Don’t blame Connie. | 不要怪康妮 |
[34:01] | I nearly had to torture her to get the straight story. | 我是逼她她才告诉我真相的 |
[34:04] | That’s right, Tom. | 没错 汤姆 |
[34:06] | I’m not going to New York. | 我不去纽约了 |
[34:11] | How about you tell me exactly why? | 你告诉我为什么 |
[34:19] | How about you mind your own affairs? | 你管好自己的事吧 |
[34:21] | Yeah, I’m not gonna do that. | 我不吃这套 |
[34:24] | Tom, I do not need to– | 汤姆 我不需要… |
[34:26] | You know what I see in your eyes, Wallace? | 你知道我从你的眼神中看到了什么吗 华莱士 |
[34:29] | Fear. | 恐惧 |
[34:38] | For the first time in 30 years, | 三十年来头一次 |
[34:41] | I see fear in Wallace Boden’s eyes. | 我从华莱士·博登的眼中看到了恐惧 |
[34:43] | You don’t know what you see. | 你不知道你看到的是什么 |
[34:44] | The hell I don’t. | 不知道才怪 |
[35:03] | For some day… | 等有一天 |
[35:05] | when you’re ready. | 你准备好了 |
[35:28] | I know you guys love your Chief. | 我知道你们爱你们的队长 |
[35:31] | Get him to New York. | 让他去纽约 |
[35:33] | He needs it. | 他需要去 |
[36:31] | I got something you might want to see. | 我有东西你可能想看看 |
[36:46] | September 12th. | 9月12日 |
[36:48] | That’s me, my Battalion Chief, Tommy Vasquez, | 那是我 我的大队长 汤米·瓦斯克斯 |
[36:53] | Mitch Sudik, and Tom Colletti. | 米奇·萨迪克 汤姆·克莱蒂 |
[36:54] | Colletti went to New York? | 克莱蒂去过纽约吗 |
[36:56] | Yeah. | 是 |
[36:57] | He was the first one to call and say there’d been an attack. | 他是第一个打电话说有袭击的 |
[37:00] | We all just jumped in the trucks and drove through the day. | 我们都上卡车开了一整天才到 |
[37:03] | How many went? | 有多少人去了 |
[37:05] | At least a hundred. | 至少一百人 |
[37:08] | There was hundreds more in the weeks to come. | 后面几周还有好几百人去了 |
[37:11] | What was it like when you got there? | 你到那里时是什么样子 |
[37:17] | It was hell. | 简直是地狱 |
[37:21] | Dust everywhere and the smell of…emptiness. | 到处是尘土 还有空虚的味道 |
[37:30] | The colors of the world were gone somehow. | 世界的颜色不知道为什么消失了 |
[37:33] | Wallace, that you? | 华莱士 是你吗 |
[37:42] | Been a long time, brother. | 好久不见 兄弟 |
[37:47] | Come here. | 走 |
[37:49] | So I joined up with some New York firefighters | 然后我加入了一些纽约的消防员 |
[37:51] | and I started searching through the rubble. | 开始在瓦砾中搜救 |
[37:54] | John Salka from New York, Colletti, and me, | 纽约的约翰·沙卡 克莱蒂 还有我 |
[37:56] | we didn’t stop digging. | 我们一直不停地挖 |
[37:59] | No one there stopped. | 没有一个人停下 |
[38:40] | The three of us wondered aloud | 我们三个人当时很怀疑 |
[38:41] | if this place would ever be the same. | 这里还能不能变回以前的样子 |
[38:44] | We talked about the future and rebuilding and rebirth, | 我们谈论了未来 重建和重生 |
[38:48] | but I never really believed in it. | 但我从来都不相信 |
[38:52] | Not in those days. | 当时根本不信 |
[38:56] | The world felt brutal, ugly. | 世界残酷丑陋地倒塌了 |
[39:01] | The people who gave their lives that day would never know why. | 那些献出生命的人永远不会知道为什么 |
[39:05] | And through all the digging and the dust and the death, | 尽管在废墟中挖了那么久 |
[39:10] | we never found a single soul. | 我们没找到一个活人 |
[39:13] | And I felt like I failed them. | 我感觉我辜负了他们 |
[39:18] | Firefighters don’t fail people. | 消防员不会辜负别人 |
[39:24] | A hole formed inside of me. | 我内心从此不再完整 |
[39:36] | Hope is hard to find | 如果心中没有 |
[39:38] | when you lock it out of your mind. | 那希望这种东西是很难找到的 |
[39:52] | But maybe hope | 但是可能 |
[39:54] | has a way of unlocking itself. | 希望自有办法出现 |
[39:59] | If you allow it to. | 如果你让它出现 |
[40:12] | All of this time, | 一直以来 |
[40:15] | and the answers were right here. | 答案就在这里 |
[40:28] | The future is right here. | 未来就在这里 |