英文名称:Kedi
年代:2016
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | 他们见证了帝国的崛起和陨落 以及这座城市的兴衰 | |
[00:40] | 无论被宠爱 讨厌 或是忽略 不可否认 他们是人们生活的一部分 | |
[01:13] | In Istanbul, the cat is more than just a cat. | 在伊斯坦布尔 猫咪不仅仅是猫咪而已 |
[01:17] | The cat embodies the indescribable chaos, the culture, | 猫咪代表着难以描述的混乱 文化和独特 |
[01:23] | and the uniqueness that is the essence of Istanbul. | 这也是伊斯坦布尔的本质 |
[01:26] | Without the cat, | 没有猫咪 |
[01:28] | Istanbul would lose a part of its soul. | 伊斯坦布尔就会丢失一部分灵魂 |
[01:31] | And there’s nothing like it anywhere else on earth. | 世界上没有别的地方像这里一样 |
[04:16] | She’s a real hunter now. She wasn’t like that before. | 今非昔比 她现在是个真正的猎手了 |
[04:19] | She changed after giving birth. | 她生完孩子后就变了 |
[04:24] | Before that, all she did was sleep. | 在那之前 她就知道睡觉 |
[04:25] | Chilling here all day. | 整天在这里呼噜噜 |
[05:04] | Sometimes I talk to her. And she actually talks back. | 有时候我和她说话 她真的会回话 |
[05:08] | She’s a solid character. | 她性格很倔 |
[05:11] | She’ll stubbornly stand there. | 她会固执地站在这儿 |
[05:13] | You’ll tell her to leave. She won’t. She’ll just stare. | 你让她走 她偏不走 她就盯着你 |
[05:16] | “I’m not leaving,” | 「我不走」 |
[05:17] | She’ll say, “Where are you kicking me out to?” | 她会说 「你要把我赶去哪里」 |
[05:18] | “I’ll be back anyway.” | 「反正我会回来的」 |
[05:20] | “What are you trying to do, wise guy?” | 「你想干什么 机灵鬼」 |
[05:23] | She’s really, you know, strong-willed. | 她真的 意志力很强 |
[05:27] | She’s got personality. | 很有个性 |
[05:30] | Some cats really have character, | 有些猫咪真的很有性格 |
[05:33] | you can tell from their faces. | 可以从他们脸上看出来 |
[05:47] | I think it’s wrong to trap them in a house… | 我觉得把他们关在房子里保护他们 |
[05:50] | just so we can pet them. | 是不对的 |
[05:51] | There are millions of them out there, we pet them all we want. | 外面有上百万只猫咪 我们想摸就能摸 |
[05:55] | What matters is being on the same frequency as them. | 重要的是要和他们在一个频道上 |
[05:59] | To communicate with them. | 和他们交流 |
[06:01] | Besides, they can tell… who likes them and who doesn’t. | 而且他们分辨得出你到底喜不喜欢他们 |
[06:05] | They notice. | 他们懂的 |
[06:07] | And they give off good energy. | 他们会发出正能量 |
[06:09] | They absorb all your negative energy. | 吸收你所有的负能量 |
[06:15] | We’re lucky. They do me good. | 我们很幸运 他们对我很有帮助 |
[06:18] | It’s that time again. | 又到时候了 |
[06:21] | Time to cruise. She comes and goes. | 该去巡街了 总是来来去去的 |
[07:42] | She came around one day. I knew she’d been pregnant. | 她那天过来 我知道她曾经怀孕过 |
[07:45] | It was obvious she had given birth. | 很明显她分娩过 |
[07:48] | She led me to the back, to show me her kittens. | 她带我去了后面 给我看她的宝宝 |
[07:51] | It’s so fascinating… | 太神奇了 |
[07:52] | they’re just like people. | 他们就跟人一样 |
[08:09] | The love of animals is a different kind of love. | 对动物的爱是另一种爱 |
[08:12] | People who don’t love animals can’t love people either. | 不爱动物的人 也无法爱人 |
[08:16] | I know that much. | 这点我确定 |
[09:54] | Bengü! | 本古 |
[09:58] | Bengü! | 本古 |
[10:00] | Come. Come, girl. | 过来 姑娘 |
[10:19] | She was one of four kittens. | 她是一窝四只宝宝中的一个 |
[10:24] | She was the scrawniest one. And the ugliest. | 她也是最瘦最丑的那只 |
[10:29] | The other three left, she stayed. | 另外三只走了 她留下了 |
[10:31] | Sometimes she makes me angry. | 有时候她会惹我生气 |
[10:33] | But why? I’ve never thought about it. | 但原因为何 我从没想过 |
[10:35] | I guess I must be in a bad mood. | 我想可能是自己心情不好 |
[10:38] | But I never hit her or anything. | 但我从不会打她之类的 |
[10:40] | I tell her to leave but she never does. | 我让她走 但她从不照做 |
[10:42] | She walks to the door and comes back. | 她会走向门口 然后又回来 |
[10:52] | Bengü has been with us eight or nine years. | 本古已经陪伴了我们八九年 |
[10:55] | She came here as a kitten… and never left. | 她刚来时还是个宝宝 之后再没离开 |
[10:59] | Bengü loves to be loved. Honestly. | 本古喜欢被宠爱 真的 |
[11:03] | She loves it when you pet her – she nearly passes out. | 她喜欢人们抚摸她 超级享受 |
[11:23] | It’s not the kind of sappiness from old Turkish movies… | 这不是什么土耳其老电影里的伤感情节 |
[11:28] | but I do look for her. | 但我确实会找她 |
[11:29] | If I don’t see her, or hear her voice… | 如果我见不到她 或听不到她的声音 |
[11:32] | if she’s not around when I get here in the morning… | 如果我早上来时她不在的话 |
[11:35] | I get worried and look for her. | 我就会担心 会去找她 |
[11:37] | Maybe she is like a child. | 也许她就像个孩子 |
[11:38] | People miss their kids, right? | 人们会想念他们的孩子 对吧 |
[11:41] | I miss her. | 我会想念她 |
[11:46] | Bengü is very delicate. | 本古很玻璃心 |
[11:47] | If you pet another cat, she’ll get jealous and sulk. | 如果你去摸别的猫 她就会嫉妒生气 |
[11:51] | She’s very sensitive, Bengü. | 本古很敏感 |
[11:56] | That’s it, that’s the spot. | 就这里 就是这里 |
[11:58] | That’s the spot. | 就揉这里 |
[12:00] | She’s done for. And then here. | 她很舒服 然后是这里 |
[12:02] | And here. | 然后这里 |
[12:10] | Look at her delight. | 看她高兴的样子 |
[12:14] | You really know how to live. | 你真是会生活 |
[12:23] | Bengü has given birth but I haven’t seen where. | 本古生了宝宝 但我不知道窝在哪 |
[12:31] | Try attacking her kittens | 如果你想攻击她的宝宝 |
[12:33] | and you’ll see another side of her. | 她就会展现出另一面 |
[13:28] | I’ve heard they’d always keep a cat on board a ship, | 我听说人们总会在船上带上一只猫 |
[13:33] | to absorb your excess energy. I know soil does the same thing. | 来吸收多余的能量 我知道泥土也行 |
[13:38] | Prayer beads do the trick for me. | 对我来说念珠就起这个作用 |
[13:40] | This cat is good for me too. | 这只猫也行 |
[13:44] | Besides, we’ve gotten used to her. | 再说了 我们都习惯她了 |
[13:47] | She’s become one of us. | 她成了我们中的一员 |
[13:50] | Coming and going unconditionally. | 自由自在 来来去去 |
[13:53] | And endless conversations too. | 还有聊不完的话 |
[13:59] | 这些杯子是为猫猫狗狗准备的 如果你下辈子不想为一杯水而挣扎的话 请不要动这些杯子 | |
[14:09] | They can’t just fly away like birds. | 他们不能像鸟一样飞走 |
[14:12] | It’s our responsibility to take care of them as best as we can. | 我们有责任竭尽所能地照顾他们 |
[14:27] | It is said that cats are aware of God’s existence… | 有人说猫知道上帝的存在 |
[14:31] | but that dogs are not. | 而狗不知道 |
[14:34] | Dogs think people are God, but cats don’t. | 狗认为人类是上帝 而猫不这么认为 |
[14:38] | Cats know that people act as middlemen to God’s will. | 猫知道人以中间人的身份执行上帝的旨意 |
[14:42] | They’re not ungrateful, they just know better. | 他们并非不知感恩 只是懂的更多 |
[15:25] | Petting a cat gives me a peculiar sense of security. | 抚摸猫咪给我一种特殊的安全感 |
[15:29] | Even though we don’t speak each other’s language, | 尽管我们不懂彼此的语言 |
[15:32] | we immediately form a shared language. | 我们也能立刻沟通交流起来 |
[15:36] | I imagine having a relationship with cats | 我猜人和猫打交道 |
[15:38] | must be a lot like being friends with aliens. | 就像跟外星人做朋友 |
[15:41] | You make contact with a very different life form, | 跟一种差异巨大的生物建立联系 |
[15:46] | open a line of communication with one another | 在彼此之间建立一条沟通渠道 |
[15:49] | and start a dialogue. | 然后开始对话 |
[16:09] | And they’re very foreign to us, very different. | 他们对我们来说非常陌生 截然不同 |
[16:12] | Whether physically, mentally, or in capacity | 无论是生理上 心理上 还是能力上 |
[16:16] | they’re very different. | 他们跟我们大不一样 |
[16:17] | Yet, we’re able to have a relationship with them. | 尽管如此 我们还是能跟他们建立关系 |
[18:09] | Of course I can’t take the place of their mother… | 当然 我无法取代他们的母亲 |
[18:12] | but I do what I can. | 但我还是尽力而为 |
[18:22] | I wonder if I should feed them again. | 我不知道该不该再喂他们 |
[18:28] | Alright, alright, I’m gonna feed you. | 好了 好了 我来喂你 |
[18:31] | When they’re full, they don’t make a peep. | 当他们吃饱了 就不会喵喵叫 |
[18:36] | They’re really hungry. | 他们饿坏了 |
[18:41] | Someone dumped them over by the shops. | 有人把他们遗弃在那边的商店旁 |
[18:43] | Then they brought them over here. | 然后他们把这些猫带到了这里 |
[18:46] | Relying on me being here. | 靠我来照顾他们 |
[18:53] | I had an incident with a cat, it’ll shock you if I tell you. | 我跟猫有一次奇遇 你听了一定会吃惊 |
[18:56] | About fifteen years ago | 大概十五年前 |
[19:01] | my boat was docked over there, it sank in a storm. | 我把船停在那边 结果在风暴中沉了 |
[19:04] | I had barely managed to pay for it. | 我好不容易凑够了钱 |
[19:07] | Sold whatever I had. But got the boat. | 变卖了一切才买下了船 |
[19:11] | I barely had it a week and the boat sinks. | 结果还不到一个星期 船就沉了 |
[19:15] | Then, I’m walking over by the rocks there… | 然后 当我走在那边的岩石旁时 |
[19:19] | it’s extraordinary what I’m about to tell you. | 那件特别神奇的事情发生了 |
[19:22] | I’m walking along, i see this cat, pointing me to a wallet. | 我沿着路走 看见一只猫给我指一个钱包 |
[19:26] | A cat the same color as this one – no lie. | 那只猫跟这只猫的花色一模一样 真的 |
[19:30] | Exactly that color. | 就是这个颜色 |
[19:32] | Meow, meow! I thought, what’s up with this cat? | 在那喵喵叫 我当时想这只猫怎么了 |
[19:34] | Does it have rabies or something? | 是得狂犬病了还是怎么着 |
[19:36] | I was a bit scared. | 我当时有点害怕 |
[19:38] | So I went to have some tea. | 所以我就去喝了点茶 |
[19:40] | But something kept bothering me to get the wallet. | 但我总是想着要去捡那个钱包 |
[19:42] | Even the tea guy asked if I was OK. | 连卖茶的都问我还好吗 |
[19:44] | I said, I don’t know, something strange is going on. | 我说 我不知道 事情好像有点奇怪 |
[19:47] | I got up, took a look inside the wallet… | 我起身 看看了钱包里面 |
[19:51] | I swear, I needed 120 lira… | 我发誓 我当时需要120里拉 |
[19:52] | and there was 120 lira inside that wallet. | 结果那钱包里恰好有120里拉 |
[19:56] | Whoever doesn’t believe this story is a heathen in my books. | 对我来说不信这个故事的人都是异教徒 |
[19:59] | Can you imagine? God Almighty. | 你能想象吗 全能的真主 |
[20:03] | What is that if not a godsend? | 这就是主的恩赐 |
[20:04] | That’s how my love for animals began. | 我对动物的爱就从那一刻开始 |
[20:07] | After I found that wallet, I started caring for cats. | 捡到那个钱包之后 我就开始照顾猫 |
[20:14] | But taking care of cats isn’t easy. | 但是照顾猫并非易事 |
[20:18] | I have to give them milk, if I’m gonna keep them alive. | 要想让他们活下去 我就得给他们喂奶 |
[20:22] | These guys are quite big, they should survive. | 他们已经不小了 应该能存活下去 |
[20:26] | But neglect them for a couple of days, they’d surely die. | 但若放任几天不管的话 他们必死无疑 |
[20:31] | They survived in that box because it’s warm in there. | 他们能在盒子里活下来是因为那里面暖和 |
[20:34] | And that chubby one came along and became a mother to them. | 然后来了只胖胖的猫 成了他们的妈妈 |
[20:37] | He keeps them warm. | 他给他们取暖 |
[20:39] | I guess they think he’s their mother too. | 我估计他们也把他当妈妈了 |
[20:41] | Both a father and a mother. | 既当爹又当妈 |
[20:44] | He’s both a father and a mother to them. | 对他们来说 他既是爸爸也是妈妈 |
[20:47] | – You have two children at home, right? – Yes, I have two. | -你有两个孩子对吗 -对 两个 |
[20:50] | So you know what it’s like to be a parent. | 所以你知道为人父母意味着什么 |
[20:52] | Oh, it’s tough. | 当家长太难了 |
[23:49] | Whether we like it or not, | 不论我们喜欢与否 |
[23:51] | there are rats that live here by the sea. | 海边住了许多老鼠 |
[23:53] | And because we’re people, we don’t give them space to live. | 我们是人类 所以不会给他们生存空间 |
[23:59] | But admittedly, they are a pest… | 无可否认 他们是害虫 |
[24:02] | and it’s not good for them to be around where people eat. | 让他们在人们吃饭的地方跑来跑去也不好 |
[24:10] | We considered rat poison, we’ve used that in the past. | 我们考虑过鼠药 以前就用 |
[24:13] | But just when we decided to let the rats die on their own… | 但就在我们决定让老鼠自生自灭的时候 |
[24:18] | this little lion of a cat showed up. | 这只猫中之王出现了 |
[24:23] | He takes care of them at night, as nature dictates. | 顺应本能 他在晚上抓老鼠 |
[25:26] | We didn’t tell him to hunt the rats, he took it upon himself. | 我们没让他抓老鼠 是他自己主动去的 |
[25:29] | To tell you the truth, he earns his keep. | 说实话 他能自己养活自己 |
[25:33] | You know the saying, “Do justice to one’s love”? | 你知道俗话说「不要辜负别人的爱」吗 |
[25:38] | That’s what he does. He does justice to the love he gets. | 他就是这样的 没有辜负自己得到的爱 |
[25:43] | We’re grateful to him. | 我们都很感激他 |
[26:42] | Life is beautiful, if you know how to live. | 懂得生活 生活便是美好的 |
[26:47] | You can love if your heart is open. | 敞开心扉 就能去爱 |
[26:52] | Everything is beautiful when you look at it with love. | 如果你充满爱意地看待一切 万物皆美 |
[26:56] | If you can enjoy the presence of a cat, a bird, a flower… | 如果你能享受猫 鸟 鲜花的存在 |
[27:03] | what can I say, all the world will be yours. | 只能说 你将拥有整个世界 |
[27:33] | She is the toughest of all the females. | 她是所有母猫中最难缠的一只 |
[27:38] | Trouble for all the fishermen. | 让所有的渔夫都头疼 |
[27:41] | A fish thief. | 偷鱼大盗 |
[27:42] | Arch enemy of the dogs. | 小狗们的天敌 |
[27:46] | She’ll chase any of them, even pit bulls. | 她谁都敢惹 斗牛犬也不例外 |
[27:55] | She’s the neighborhood psychopath. | 她是这一带的霸王花 |
[28:09] | She doesn’t like soft love. | 她不喜欢温柔的爱 |
[28:13] | She likes tough love. | 喜欢霸道的爱 |
[28:26] | She’ll start from the top of the church | 她会从教堂屋顶开始 |
[28:29] | and patrol the whole place. | 然后巡逻整个地盘 |
[28:35] | She’s a very interesting animal. | 她是只非常有趣的动物 |
[28:38] | The only thing she’ll steal is fish. | 她只偷鱼 |
[28:41] | She’ll stand in front of the fish vendors over there | 她会站在那边的鱼摊前面 |
[28:43] | refusing to leave even if they shoo her away. | 就算人家赶她走也不肯离开 |
[28:46] | She won’t take anchovies or mackerel either, | 她也不吃鳀鱼或者鲭鱼 |
[28:48] | she prefers bluefish. | 她更喜欢扁鲹 |
[28:49] | Then she’ll make the fishermen chase her all the way here. | 她会让渔夫追着她满街跑 |
[29:05] | She likes to live a life of luxury. | 她很享受奢侈的生活 |
[29:10] | She even makes her husband respect her. | 连她的老公也对她毕恭毕敬 |
[29:14] | She chases him off. | 她会把他赶走 |
[29:31] | She’s leaving so he can eat. | 等她走了 他才能吃东西 |
[29:38] | Now, Osman Pasha gets his turn. | 现在轮到博斯曼·帕夏吃了 |
[30:15] | She doesn’t want to lose him to anyone else either. | 她也不想把老公拱手让人 |
[30:19] | Girls prettier than Psycho have come around, right? | 总有比霸王花漂亮的猫出现 对吗 |
[30:25] | There’s an instinctive jealousy. | 她就会生出本能的嫉妒 |
[30:44] | She’s like a vicious housewife. | 她就像一个恶毒的家庭主妇 |
[30:47] | A jealous housewife who doesn’t leave her husband alone. | 不允许丈夫独自在外 善妒的家庭主妇 |
[30:53] | And doesn’t let anyone else near him either. | 当然也不会让任何母猫靠近他 |
[31:16] | She comes around when she wants to be loved. | 当她想要被人疼爱的时候就会跑来 |
[31:21] | Gets her fill of love and leaves. | 等满足了 就会走开 |
[31:28] | But I can’t do as I please. | 不过我不能按自己高兴来 |
[31:30] | I grabbed her tail, she bit my hand. | 一次我抓她的尾巴 她咬了我的手 |
[31:33] | But she does as she wishes. | 但她倒是随心所欲 |
[31:36] | That’s very important to me. | 这对我来说很重要 |
[31:38] | That she never compromises her freedom. | 她坚决捍卫自由 从不妥协 |
[31:47] | She has a fighting spirit. | 她有一种斗志 |
[31:50] | That’s what I like. | 这也是我爱她的原因 |
[31:53] | She has qualities that people should have. | 她有着人类也应该拥有的品质 |
[32:23] | Their posture feels very feminine to me. | 我觉得他们的姿态非常妩媚 |
[32:26] | I don’t see that elegance in women anymore. | 这种优雅在女性身上已经见不到了 |
[32:31] | We’ve lost that, but cats carry themselves so well. | 我们不再优雅 而猫却保留得很好 |
[32:43] | Especially in this country, | 尤其是在这个国家 |
[32:45] | in a city like this… | 在这样一个城市里 |
[32:48] | it’s very difficult to be a woman, to be female. | 作为一个女人 作为女性非常艰难 |
[32:51] | To express your femininity, | 要么就展现你的女性气质 |
[32:54] | to be defiant with your femininity. | 要么就与女性气质对抗 |
[33:01] | Being female… | 作为女性 |
[33:04] | and if you’re a “Pretty little thing”, | 而且如果你是「可爱的小东西」 |
[33:06] | you feel like you have to account for all of it. | 你会感觉自己的价值仅此而已 |
[33:27] | When you’re alone for long periods, | 长时间的独处 |
[33:29] | your animal instincts get sharper. | 会让你的动物本能更加敏锐 |
[33:32] | I really believe that. | 我很相信这一点 |
[33:34] | Maybe it’s a quality that should be developed more in all of us. | 也许所有人都应该深入探索这种特质 |
[33:37] | As if it’s better to be so human, so modern. | 就像思考如此人性化和现代化是否更好 |
[33:41] | There’s a power you can feel within yourself, of a wild creature. | 你能感觉到自己体内有一种野性力量 |
[33:45] | I think everyone needs to discover that in themselves. | 我认为人人都需要探索自己身上的这一点 |
[33:53] | Cats are satisfied with their existence. | 猫很满足自己的存在 |
[33:54] | And they’re very sure of their character. | 而且他们对自己的性格非常了解 |
[33:58] | But it’s not enough for us. We always want more. | 但是人类却不知足 我们总想得到更多 |
[34:01] | That mentality poisons us and destroys everything. | 这种心态毒害了我们 毁了一切 |
[34:04] | And maybe in the near future, in two or three years, | 也许在不久的将来 两三年之内 |
[34:08] | we may no longer see cats on these streets. | 我们在这些街道上再也见不到猫了 |
[35:43] | They all have personalities, like people. | 和人类一样 他们都有自己的个性 |
[35:46] | If you look closely, we’re the same. | 如果你仔细观察 我们和猫一样 |
[35:49] | Some want affection, | 有些希望被爱 |
[35:50] | others will tell you all their troubles. | 有些会告诉你他们的烦恼 |
[35:53] | Some are discreet, won’t talk about anything. | 有些很谨慎 什么都不会说 |
[35:56] | Others are ambitious. | 有些很有野心 |
[35:58] | And some are pompous, | 也有一些很自大 |
[36:02] | like a lady who can’t be bothered to say hello. | 和大小姐一样 连招呼都懒得跟你打 |
[36:08] | Cats are exactly the same. | 猫跟人类完全一样 |
[36:10] | Some won’t even look when I call to them. | 有些即使我叫他 也不会看我一眼 |
[36:15] | I believe they share the same traits as people. | 我相信他们有着和人类相同的性格 |
[36:23] | Deniz! | 德尼 |
[36:25] | Deniz! | 德尼 |
[36:27] | He was a tiny little thing. | 他以前很瘦小 |
[36:29] | He looked down at me from up there. | 他从那上面往下看着我 |
[36:32] | We wondered where this beat-up little guy came from. | 我们还在想 这小脏东西是哪儿来的 |
[36:35] | I brought him down from the roof. | 我把他从屋顶抱下来 |
[36:37] | Who knows where he came from. | 谁知道他是从哪儿来的 |
[36:42] | Being a young male, he attacked us at first. | 他是只年轻的公猫 起初会攻击我们 |
[36:45] | A couple of months later, he started approaching us for food. | 几个月之后 他开始接近我们要食物吃 |
[36:53] | Once we could stroke him, he was tamed. | 当我们能摸他的时候 他就被驯服了 |
[37:02] | Now he’s become a very friendly cat. | 现在他非常友善 |
[38:10] | It all changed over the last five years, | 过去的五年里 这些高楼拔地而起 |
[38:13] | when these buildings went up. | 这里的一切都变了 |
[38:17] | It used to be all green here. | 这里过去全是绿地 |
[38:19] | There were orchards, and gardens where they’d grow crops. | 原来有果园 还有种农作物的园地 |
[38:28] | When these buildings went up, | 但是这些高楼盖好之后 |
[38:30] | it all disappeared, no nature left. | 一切都消失了 再也找不到自然的痕迹 |
[38:54] | Oh dear. | 天呐 |
[38:56] | Look at them, seven plump kittens! | 看看他们 七只圆滚滚的小奶猫 |
[39:00] | These kittens… it’ll be a shame if they tear this place down. | 这些小猫 如果他们拆了这里就太可惜了 |
[39:04] | I don’t know what we’ll do. | 我不知道我们该怎么做 |
[39:07] | This will be a major road. | 这里会变成一条主道 |
[39:10] | They want to connect these buildings. | 他们想连起那些大楼 |
[39:19] | We’re more worried about what’ll happen to the cats | 比起我们日后的处境 |
[39:23] | than what might happen to us. | 我们更担心这些猫咪该何去何从 |
[39:26] | If this area gets demolished, | 如果拆除这片区域 |
[39:28] | and that’s likely, they won’t have anyone. | 他们可能找不到人陪伴 |
[39:40] | At some point, they miss the streets. | 总有一天 他们会想念这些街道 |
[39:42] | They can find some earth out here, | 他们可以在外面找块地 |
[39:45] | to do their business. | 做自己想做的 |
[39:48] | It’s harder to do that in a house with cat litter. | 但若是屋里的猫砂 就很难那样做了 |
[39:50] | But out here they dig it up. | 但在这样的室外 他们能尽情挖洞 |
[39:54] | Oh no, where did he come from? | 他是从哪儿来的 |
[39:55] | – An older cat got to him in the backyard. – Oh sweetie. | -一只老猫把他带到了后院 -好可爱 |
[39:58] | I immediately thought of you. | 我马上想到了你 |
[40:00] | What are we going to do with you? | 我们该拿你怎么办 |
[40:03] | You poor, poor thing. | 可怜的小东西 |
[40:12] | Is he gone, I wonder. Is he dead? | 我在想他是不是死了 他死了吗 |
[40:26] | He must have slammed him | 他一定是被撞到了地上 |
[40:28] | against the ground… got attacked by a bigger cat. | 是一只大猫攻击的他 |
[40:30] | It’s a fact of nature. It happens. | 这是他们的天性 有时候就是这样 |
[41:26] | This one was my first child. | 这只猫是我的第一个孩子 |
[41:28] | She was special | 她对我来说很特殊 |
[41:30] | not only because she was my first | 不仅因为她是我第一个宠物 |
[41:31] | but also because she had great character. | 还因为她性格也很好 |
[41:34] | She died of breast cancer. | 她死于乳腺癌 |
[41:37] | I would dress her to keep her from licking her wounds. | 为了防止她舔伤口我会给她穿上衣服 |
[41:44] | I tried very hard to find a cat like her again… | 我很努力地想找到一只像她一样的猫 |
[41:46] | but I came to realize that it was futile, | 但我意识到这都是徒劳无功的 |
[41:49] | that she was one of a kind. | 她是独一无二的 |
[41:51] | My longing for her… let’s just say if there is afterlife, | 我十分想念她 如果还有来生 |
[41:55] | I want to meet her again, not my grandmother. | 比起我祖母 我更希望再遇见她 |
[42:05] | We cook twenty pounds of chicken every day. | 我们每天做九公斤的鸡肉 |
[42:09] | We don’t feed them dried cat food or anything artificial. | 我们不喂他们干猫粮或其他人工制品 |
[42:27] | My therapist says | 我的心理医生说 |
[42:29] | I try to heal my own wounds by healing theirs. | 我通过治疗他们的创伤 |
[42:33] | By feeding them and tending to their needs. | 喂养他们 照顾他们 来治愈自己 |
[42:38] | My wounds must be so deeply rooted… | 我的伤一定是根深蒂固了 |
[42:43] | they still haven’t healed despite all this. | 我为他们做了这些 但还是没有痊愈 |
[42:47] | I guess I’ll heal when they heal. | 我猜他们痊愈时我就痊愈了 |
[42:59] | There was a time I had great difficulty dealing with death. | 有段时间我无法坦然面对死亡 |
[43:03] | I accept death as a reality… | 我接受死亡的现实 |
[43:07] | but I have difficulty dealing with the longing. | 但却难以抑制我对他们的思念 |
[43:10] | That’s my problem with death. | 这就是死亡对我造成的困扰 |
[43:22] | Now we’ll go out to distribute the morning meal. | 现在我们得去分早餐了 |
[43:25] | This is our daily routine, | 这是日常工作 |
[43:27] | seven days a week, including Sundays. | 一周七天 包括周日 |
[43:34] | Wait honey, wait. | 等等宝贝 等等 |
[43:38] | Come, come my girl. | 过来 过来我的宝贝 |
[43:40] | My little darlings. | 我的小宝贝们 |
[43:48] | Come, I’ve got your food! | 过来 我给你们带了吃的 |
[43:57] | There were sixty but five died in the last two weeks. | 本来有六十只 但过去两周里死了五只 |
[44:03] | And it’s always cancer. | 都是被癌症带走的 |
[44:05] | We say it happens to people, but it happens to animals too. | 我们总说人会死于癌症 其实动物也会 |
[44:09] | We eat and drink the same – the same food, the same water. | 我们吃同样的食物 喝同样的水 |
[44:22] | We’ve raised a lot of cats. | 我们养了很多只猫 |
[44:24] | Some grew old and died, quite a few got run over. | 有些老去死亡 有几只被车碾过 |
[44:29] | We learned that something you love | 我们发现自己深爱的东西 |
[44:32] | can one day cease to exist. | 总有一天会消失不见 |
[44:34] | We adopted a sense of stoicism that way. | 我们学会了默默地接受 |
[44:40] | We had a cat cemetery in the backyard. | 我们后院里有个猫咪墓地 |
[44:43] | My older brother and I would bury them with great ceremony. | 我大哥和我会举办盛大的葬礼埋葬他们 |
[44:46] | And because we’d see crosses in cowboy movies | 因为我们在牛仔电影里看到过十字架 |
[44:50] | like that last scene in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly | 就像《黄金三镖客》的最后一幕 |
[44:54] | we thought they looked impressive. | 我们觉得它们看起来很不错 |
[44:55] | We’re not Christian, | 我们不是基督教徒 |
[44:57] | but they look cool in movies | 但它们在电影里看起来很酷 |
[44:59] | and because we weren’t about to engrave tiny gravestones | 因为我们不会雕刻小墓碑 |
[45:03] | we’d make crosses out of twigs. | 所以我们会用树枝为他们做十字架 |
[45:06] | Then one day our father saw us and freaked out over the crosses. | 有一天 父亲看到十字架后吓坏了 |
[45:10] | Immediately sent us to Qur’an school | 立马把我们送去了古兰经学校 |
[45:11] | so that we wouldn’t suddenly turn Christian. | 这样我们就不会变成基督教徒 |
[45:14] | We told him not to worry, obviously. | 我们跟他说完全不用担心 |
[45:18] | If I hadn’t had cats, | 如果没有猫 |
[45:19] | I would’ve had a very troubled childhood | 我将会经历一个糟糕的童年 |
[45:23] | because interacting only with people is not enough… | 因为仅与人交流互动是不够的 |
[45:26] | and especially difficult with grown-ups. | 和成年人交流也会很困难 |
[45:36] | I love cats who hang out in vintage stores, | 我喜欢在复古商店里闲逛的猫 |
[45:39] | “Hmm the smell of paper”… | 书本的香味 |
[45:40] | stretching out among old LPs. | 洋溢于旧唱片间 |
[45:43] | It’s especially satisfying when I’m sketching | 在我素描时 她像一只店里的猫 |
[45:45] | she sleeps in the drawer like a vintage store cat. | 睡在一个抽屉里 让人感到十分愉悦 |
[45:48] | I check the drawer once in a while… | 我偶尔去看一下抽屉 |
[45:50] | “OK, she’s still asleep”… And I carry on working. | 好吧 她还睡着 然后我继续工作 |
[45:53] | Because drawing is such isolating work, | 因为作画是非常孤独的工作 |
[45:55] | a sleeping cat can really give you comfort. | 一只熟睡的猫很能给你带来安慰 |
[46:06] | Any ungrateful behavior | 他们任何不满的行为 |
[46:07] | on their part is really an act of sincerity. | 其实都是真诚的表现 |
[46:09] | They don’t need to apologize. | 他们不需要道歉 |
[46:12] | I guess there are people who expect that from a cat. | 我想有些人期望从猫那里得到些什么 |
[46:16] | “I gave you all that food and you won’t even sit on my lap.” | 「我给你食物 但你都不愿坐在我腿上」 |
[46:20] | A relationship where they expect a return on an investment. | 一种期望付出能有所回报的关系 |
[46:32] | Down the hill in Cihangir, | 吉汉吉尔的山脚下 |
[46:34] | there used to be a big harbor during the Ottoman era. | 在奥斯曼帝国时代曾有一个大港口 |
[46:38] | Ships from Norway and elsewhere would come with cargo. | 挪威和其他地方的船只会载货而来 |
[46:42] | Sailors would keep cats on board to fend off rats. | 水手们会在船上养猫来抵御老鼠 |
[46:48] | As cargo was being unloaded, cats would get off the boat | 在船只卸货的时候 猫会下船 |
[46:50] | thinking that they’d made it to land. | 想着他们终于登上陆地了 |
[46:52] | And trek up to the top of the hill. | 他们跋涉爬上山顶 |
[46:55] | Later, they’d miss the boat | 之后 他们错过了登船 |
[46:57] | and begin life here in Cihangir. | 在吉汉吉尔开始新的生活 |
[46:59] | Now, there are countless kinds of cats in this area. | 现在 这个地方有各种品种的猫 |
[47:01] | Norwegian cats, and cats from all over the world. | 挪威猫和来自世界各地的猫 |
[47:06] | There’s a lot of variety. | 种类十分繁多 |
[47:12] | Later, the first Ottoman | 后来 这里建成了 |
[47:14] | sewers were built in this part of the city. | 奥斯曼帝国第一条下水道系统 |
[47:20] | And giant rats would terrorize residents. | 巨大的老鼠威胁着居民 |
[47:27] | That’s why every house had a cat. | 这就是每家每户都有一只猫的原因 |
[47:31] | To fend off the giant sewer rats. | 为了抵御下水道里巨大的老鼠 |
[48:24] | His name was “Milkman” when he first showed up. | 他第一次出现时我们叫他「牛奶小子」 |
[48:27] | He’d come around to drink milk and leave. | 他会到处喝牛奶 |
[48:31] | He was barely a year old. He hadn’t been neutered. | 他只有一岁 还没有绝育 |
[48:36] | Then he started showing up all beat up. | 后来他每次出现都伤痕累累 |
[48:39] | He got into fights with other males over the ladies. | 他会因跟其他公猫抢母猫而打架 |
[48:42] | He got kicked one time and showed up with a dislocated leg. | 他有一次被狠狠踢了一脚 腿都脱臼了 |
[48:47] | He was bitten by a dog and showed up with a hole in his butt. | 他还被一只狗咬得屁股上多了一个洞 |
[48:51] | But it never ruins his mood – he’s always happy. | 但绝不会破坏他的心情 他总是很快乐 |
[48:55] | A neighbor of mine started calling him carefree, happy-go-lucky. | 我的邻居开始叫他乐天派 |
[49:00] | So the name Gamsiz – carefree – stuck. | 所以名字就这么定了 乐天派 |
[49:06] | Our vet Elif down the road thought Gamsiz was in love with her. | 我们的兽医伊丽芙觉得乐天派爱上她了 |
[49:10] | Because at one point we | 因为曾有那么一段时间 |
[49:11] | were making a trip to the vet every two weeks. | 我们每两周就会去看一次兽医 |
[49:13] | Constantly getting in trouble. | 总是有这样那样的问题 |
[49:16] | He’d have an accident, get hurt, or develop a fungal infection. | 他或是发生意外受伤 或是真菌感染 |
[49:21] | For months, we visited the vet every two weeks. | 有那么几个月我们每两周就要去看兽医 |
[49:25] | Once he spent a whole winter at the vet. | 有一次他整个冬天都在兽医那里 |
[49:30] | Doesn’t that get expensive? | 那样不会花很多钱吗 |
[49:33] | I guess it does. But we all have running tabs at the vet. | 我想会 但是我们在兽医那里都先记账 |
[49:36] | There’s a bunch of us in the neighborhood. | 社区里还有一些跟我们做一样事的 |
[49:40] | We have an open tab at pretty much every vet. | 几乎每个兽医那里我们都有挂账 |
[49:46] | We also collect donations which help with these expenses. | 我们还会募捐一些钱来支付这些费用 |
[49:52] | Whatever is in our tip box goes to the cats. | 小费盒子里的钱都会用来帮助猫 |
[50:18] | Gamsiz is a bit of a thug. | 乐天派有点儿像个小混混 |
[50:21] | He’s feisty, the tough guy of the neighborhood. | 他非常活跃 是街区的狠角色 |
[50:30] | But, if you wanted go out at night, | 但如果你要晚上出门约会 |
[50:34] | he’s the one you’d want to go out with. | 他就是那种你会选择的类型 |
[50:39] | He’s that guy. He’s fun. | 他就是那样的 他很有趣 |
[50:52] | There’s Laçin across the street – he really likes her. | 他很喜欢街对面的拉辛 |
[50:56] | She’s told me that he | 她跟我说 |
[50:58] | comes to her window and demands to be let in. | 他会到她的窗边 要求进屋 |
[51:03] | Or he’ll go up to the front door if he wants to enter the building. | 或者从前门走进大楼 |
[51:07] | She says sometimes he even spends the night. | 她说有时他还会在那儿过夜 |
[51:11] | When he wants sausages, he goes to Filiz. | 如果他想吃香肠 就会去找菲利兹 |
[51:15] | Everyone offers something different… | 每个人能提供的东西都不同 |
[51:17] | but there are also the people that cats choose for themselves. | 但也有一些是猫们自己选择的 |
[51:20] | Gamsiz has a wide range. | 乐天派的选择范围很广 |
[51:21] | I’m the main human in his life | 我是他生命里的主要人类 |
[51:24] | others are supporting actors. | 其他都是配角 |
[51:34] | Because I’m on the first floor, | 因为我在一楼 |
[51:37] | it’s easy for cats to come up here. | 猫很容易就能爬上来 |
[51:42] | My place has many visitors | 我家有很多猫咪访客 |
[51:44] | but I try not to let them in | 但我尽量不让他们进来 |
[51:47] | because I have a cat of my own. | 因为我自己养着一只猫 |
[51:49] | Murat doesn’t take care of just one cat. | 穆拉特不只照顾一只猫 |
[51:52] | He cares for many and knows all their characters. | 他照顾很多只而且熟知他们的性格 |
[51:56] | I met Gamsiz at the café, he was lying on the couch. | 我在咖啡店遇到乐天派 他躺在沙发上 |
[52:00] | And when I tried to sit down, he smacked me. | 我要坐下时 他用爪子拍我 |
[52:04] | That’s how we met. | 我们就这样认识了 |
[52:06] | After that, I smothered him with love, of course. | 那之后我当然开始给他很多很多的爱 |
[52:09] | They take note of that immediately, you know. | 他们马上就能感受到 知道吗 |
[52:12] | They remember if you made a connection. | 他们记得你是不是跟他们建立了联系 |
[52:18] | As a result, he came up here. At first I didn’t let him in. | 后来他来这里 刚开始我没让他进来 |
[52:21] | But unlike anyone else, Gamsiz stands sideways. | 但跟别的猫不一样 乐天派会侧着站 |
[52:25] | Like this. | 像这样 |
[52:26] | A single paw in the air. | 举着一只爪子 |
[52:30] | He seems to be knocking like this. | 他好像是在这样敲门 |
[52:35] | He’s always like that. | 他总是这样 |
[52:37] | Whereas all other cats, including mine, | 然而所有其他的猫 包括我的猫 |
[52:39] | stand facing forward. | 都是面对前方站 |
[52:41] | But this guy, whether he comes up to the front or back window | 可他不管是到前面还是后面的窗户 |
[52:45] | always has this sideways stance. | 总是摆着这个侧着的姿势 |
[52:47] | He strikes this charming pose. | 他特别喜欢用这个迷人的姿势 |
[52:50] | And with that paw, he somehow gets your attention. | 还有那爪子 总是能引起你的注意 |
[52:55] | If you ignore him, he gets even more persistent. | 如果你不理他 他反而会更执着 |
[52:59] | Especially if you’re right where he wants to come in | 特别是你正好在他想进来的地方 |
[53:04] | he gets really rowdy | 他会变得非常吵闹 |
[53:06] | and eventually forces you to let him in. | 最后迫使你让他进来 |
[53:09] | I respect him a lot because of that. | 因此我特别佩服他 |
[53:12] | What’s really special about him is that he’s a go-getter. | 他非常特别的一点就是他总是志在必得 |
[53:16] | Once he makes up his mind about something… | 一旦他下定决心做什么 |
[53:19] | let’s say he’s decided to come here and eat Gece’s food | 比如说他决定要进来 吃小夜的食物 |
[53:22] | that’s his mission for the day. | 那就是他今天的任务 |
[53:25] | There’s no stopping him. | 什么都不能阻止他 |
[53:31] | Come, Gece! | 过来 小夜 |
[53:37] | OK, that’s enough. Everybody out. | 好了 够了 大家都出去吧 |
[53:48] | Ginger is new to the neighborhood. | 阿黄是这个街区的新面孔 |
[53:50] | We’ve only recently started seeing him. | 最近我们才开始注意到他 |
[53:57] | But he’s really determined to take over the neighborhood. | 但他已经决心要收服这个街区 |
[54:58] | He’s fighting over territory. | 他总是在为争地盘打架 |
[55:02] | “My hood.” | 「我的街区」 |
[55:04] | “I might be new here, but I’m a cat of strength.” | 「也许我是新来的 不过我是猫中强者」 |
[55:08] | “I’m a cat of quality.” | 「我是猫中高手」 |
[55:09] | “You’ll see, I’ll gain control of this territory.” | 「等着瞧 我会控制这个街区」 |
[55:13] | That’s his attitude. | 这就是他的态度 |
[56:45] | That’s what I first admired about cats… | 我一开始很崇拜猫 |
[56:49] | the way I admired superheroes like Spiderman or Superman… | 就像崇拜蜘蛛侠或超人那样的超级英雄 |
[56:52] | I believed cats had superpowers too. | 我相信猫也有超能力 |
[56:55] | I never stopped being in awe of them. | 我一直对他们心生敬畏 |
[57:04] | Having nine lives, or being able to land on all four feet… | 猫有九条命 还能四脚落地 |
[57:09] | If only we could land on all fours. | 要是我们也能四脚落地多好 |
[57:12] | We land on two and they snap like twigs. | 我们双脚落地而且还像树枝一样易断 |
[58:35] | I had to leave early yesterday. | 昨天我不得不提前离开 |
[58:37] | I was sad I couldn’t bring enough food. | 我很难过没有带来足够的食物 |
[58:40] | I couldn’t eat my dinner with a clear conscience. | 晚饭都没有吃好 |
[58:46] | It’s overwhelming when I think of them back there. | 一想到他们在这里饿肚子我就很难受 |
[58:50] | I have a lot of friends who know what I do here… | 我有很多朋友知道我来这里做的事 |
[58:54] | but they don’t understand why I take it upon myself. | 但他们不能理解我为什么要做这些 |
[58:56] | They think God will provide for them. | 他们觉得上帝会供养他们 |
[59:00] | I say “Sure, but I’m the middleman.” | 我说 「当然 但我是中间人」 |
[59:03] | Besides, it’s better than spending my time at the café. | 更何况 这比在咖啡厅打发时间要强 |
[59:50] | Even though he’s young, he prefers fish. | 虽然他还很小 他更喜欢吃鱼 |
[59:53] | One of them has an eye infection. | 有一只有些眼部感染 |
[59:58] | So I have to give him antibiotic drops. | 所以我要给他滴一些抗生素药水 |
[1:00:02] | We’ve picked up a few things after so many trips to the vet. | 看过这么多次兽医后我们也学到不少 |
[1:00:18] | I know all of them. | 我很清楚他们的状况 |
[1:00:20] | I know this one’s mother, her aunts, all five generations. | 我知道她妈妈 她阿姨 上下五代都熟悉 |
[1:00:24] | I remember all her family members. | 我记得她所有的家庭成员 |
[1:00:28] | The one that just gave birth… | 那只刚生了宝宝 |
[1:00:31] | she’s this one’s little sister. | 她是这只的姐姐 |
[1:00:35] | During winter, they find shelter under those rocks. | 冬天 他们栖身于那些石头下 |
[1:00:39] | They stay alive with the warmth of the sea. | 依靠海水的热度存活下来 |
[1:00:44] | Other than that, they don’t have a home. | 除此以外 他们无家可归 |
[1:00:51] | There’s one missing here. The one that just gave birth. | 刚生过小猫的那只不在这呢 |
[1:00:55] | Let’s see if she’ll come when I call. | 去看看能不能叫她出来 |
[1:01:16] | I had a nervous breakdown in 2002. | 2002年时我的精神状况很糟糕 |
[1:01:18] | That’s when I got more involved with cats. | 从那时起 我开始照顾他们 |
[1:01:23] | Doing this cured me. | 这使我得到治愈 |
[1:01:31] | I was really caught up, I was really lost. | 我当时非常低沉 非常迷茫 |
[1:01:35] | This truly is therapy. | 他们治愈了我 |
[1:01:38] | Now I’m happy, honestly. Thanks to them. | 我现在很幸福 这都得感谢他们 |
[1:01:42] | I wouldn’t be otherwise. No drug was able to save me. | 如果没有他们 什么药也治不好我 |
[1:01:48] | They’re all waiting for me here. Their feeding time is near. | 他们都在这里等我 吃饭时间快到了 |
[1:01:53] | I believe I got healthy again by taking care of them. | 我相信是照顾他们让我重获健康 |
[1:01:56] | Before, I couldn’t talk or laugh. | 以前 我沉默又严肃 |
[1:02:00] | But now… | 但现在 |
[1:02:03] | let’s just say, they make you fall in love again. | 这么说吧 他们让人重获爱的能力 |
[1:04:02] | Just as you notice the cat, the cat notices you. | 当你注意到猫时 他也注意到你 |
[1:04:06] | It’s very mutual. | 这是相互的 |
[1:04:08] | I think that mesmerizes me a little, that it’s so reciprocal. | 这种相互作用令人痴迷 |
[1:04:12] | It’s like a mirror. | 就像镜子 |
[1:06:24] | Duman – Smokey – has been with us for two years. | 杜曼和斯莫基已经陪伴我们两年了 |
[1:06:28] | My guess is that he was kicked out of some place, | 我猜他是被别人抛弃的 |
[1:06:31] | because the first night he showed up | 因为他出现的那晚 |
[1:06:34] | I saw him coming down the street | 我看到他走在街上 |
[1:06:36] | he was complaining very loudly. | 大声抱怨着 |
[1:06:55] | He won’t let himself be a pet like other cats. | 他并不会像其他宠物猫那样 |
[1:06:59] | He never harasses our customers for food. | 他从不向我们的顾客讨食 |
[1:07:02] | In time, I came to realize that he was different to other cats. | 渐渐地 我了解到他与其他猫的不同点 |
[1:07:06] | He’s a cat with manners. | 他很懂礼貌 |
[1:07:08] | No matter how hungry he is, | 不管有多饿 |
[1:07:10] | he won’t come in, even if the door is open. | 他都不会进来 即使门开着也不会 |
[1:07:14] | He lets us know he’s hungry by pawing at the window. | 他会抓抓窗户告诉我们他饿了 |
[1:07:19] | He’s a bit of a glutton. | 他有点贪吃 |
[1:07:24] | He knows that his favorite food is back here | 也知道他最爱的食物就在后面 |
[1:07:29] | so he gets excited every time he sees us here. | 所以当我们在这时他就会很兴奋 |
[1:07:39] | He was quite overweight… | 从第一次来到现在 |
[1:07:40] | nearly 12 pounds when he first showed up. | 他差不多胖了五公斤 |
[1:07:42] | As our vet also recommended, we decided to put him on a diet. | 我们决定听从兽医的建议 控制饮食 |
[1:07:46] | We fed him less and less food or only smoked meats. | 我们减少喂食 有时只喂烟熏肉 |
[1:07:54] | We give him some Manchego | 有时喂他曼彻格奶酪 |
[1:07:55] | or a softer cheese like Emmental. | 或者更软的埃曼塔奶酪 |
[1:07:58] | A little bit of smoked turkey. | 再来一点烟熏火鸡肉 |
[1:08:01] | He can also be very picky about the meat he eats. | 他对肉类很挑剔 |
[1:08:06] | He used to love roast beef, but now, he only wants turkey. | 以前喜欢吃烤牛肉 现在只吃火鸡肉 |
[1:08:35] | I’d say he’s quite happy. | 我觉得他挺开心的 |
[1:08:37] | He does get around a lot, though. | 他经常四处转悠 |
[1:08:41] | But he never hangs out with other cats. | 但从不和其他猫玩 |
[1:08:44] | He’s always alone. Always alone. | 总是独来独往 踽踽独行 |
[1:08:47] | There have been times we’ve gotten him out of dumpsters, too. | 有时候也得从垃圾箱里把他捡回来 |
[1:08:51] | Beneath that aristocratic appearance, | 在他高贵的外表下 |
[1:08:53] | there is still a street kid. | 依然有街头小屁孩的蠢蠢欲动 |
[1:09:36] | In a way, street animals are our cultural symbol. | 街头动物某种程度上是我们的文化象征 |
[1:09:40] | Istanbul and cats… So many cats roaming the streets of a city. | 伊斯坦布尔和猫 这城市中有这么多猫 |
[1:09:45] | They’ve become a distinct trait of Istanbul. | 他们使伊斯坦布尔独具特色 |
[1:09:54] | The streets seem empty to me without cats… | 没有猫的话 整条街都空荡荡的 |
[1:09:57] | but it’s a strange situation. | 但是这种情况有点奇怪吧 |
[1:10:00] | It’s a total dilemma if you ask me. | 现在完全陷入了两难 |
[1:10:04] | The city no longer accommodates them. | 城市不再接纳他们 |
[1:10:07] | But at home, and I know from my own cats | 在家呢 从我的猫来看 |
[1:10:09] | they forget their cat-ness after a while. | 他们会很快遗失猫性 |
[1:10:24] | Our concerns for street animals and our concerns for people | 我们对街头动物的担心和对人的担心 |
[1:10:30] | are completely related to one another. | 是息息相关的 |
[1:10:34] | If you ask me, the troubles | 要我说 流浪猫 |
[1:10:36] | that street cats or other street animals face | 与其他街头动物面临的问题 |
[1:10:40] | are not independent from the troubles that we all face. | 与人类面临的问题是分不开的 |
[1:10:49] | It would be easy to see street cats as a problem | 把流浪猫当成问题 |
[1:10:53] | and handle them as a problem. | 处理这些问题并不难 |
[1:10:57] | Whereas if we can learn to live together again, | 但是如果我们能够试着再次共同生活 |
[1:11:02] | maybe we’ll solve our own problems as we try to solve theirs. | 也许能够同时解决双方的问题 |
[1:11:07] | In fact, I’m sure that we | 事实上 我相信我们 |
[1:11:09] | would even regain our fading sense of humor | 不仅能重拾消失已久的幽默感 |
[1:11:12] | and rekindle our slowly dying joy for life. | 还能重燃对生命的热情 |
[1:12:46] | See how he comes to me, isn’t it amazing? | 瞧他来找我的样子 很神奇对吧 |
[1:12:49] | I thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[1:12:52] | Isn’t that right, Bombis? | 对吧 邦比斯 |
[1:12:56] | My love! Right, Bombis? | 我的宝贝 邦比斯 |
[1:13:08] | God says, “I test people.” | 上帝说 「我给人类试炼」 |
[1:13:14] | God brings us closer to him in different ways. | 上帝让我们用不同的方式接近他 |
[1:13:20] | For me, it was these animals. | 对我而言 就是通过这些动物 |
[1:13:25] | I guess I was worthy of his love. | 我想我值得上帝的爱 |
[1:15:35] | A cat meowing at your feet, looking up at you | 一只猫在你脚边喵喵叫 望向你 |
[1:15:40] | is life smiling at you. | 就像是生命在对你微笑 |
[1:15:43] | Those are moments when we’re lucky… | 能够拥有这样的时刻 我们很幸运 |
[1:15:46] | they remind us that we’re alive. | 这让我们意识到 我们真的活着 |