时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | Living room, 9:03 p.m. | 客厅 晚上九点零三分 |
[00:27] | EMF level spiking off the chart. | 电磁场侦测器接收到前所未有的强烈信号 |
[00:36] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[00:38] | Is anyone there? | 有人在那吗 |
[00:42] | Mercy… | 梅夕[仁慈] |
[00:44] | I can see it. | 我看见了 |
[00:47] | Mercy… | 梅夕[仁慈] |
[00:50] | No! | 不 |
[00:51] | No! | 不 |
[00:56] | Dad, are you using me as a shield | 老爸 你在用我做肉盾 |
[00:58] | against flesh-eating zombies? | 挡在食人僵尸前面吗 |
[01:00] | No. No. I just wanted you to have a better view. | 不 不是 我只是想让你有个好点的视野 |
[01:05] | Where are you going? I think– | 你去哪 我认为 |
[01:06] | I really think we’re safer in pairs. | 我真的认为我们还是一起看安全点 |
[01:07] | Sorry, dad. You’re gonna have to fend for yourself. | 抱歉 老爸 你得自己保护自己了 |
[01:09] | I’m skyping with ashley. | 我要去和阿什利视频了 |
[01:10] | What? | 什么 |
[01:11] | Right in the middle of father-daughter zombie time? | 就这么打断我们的父女赏僵尸时间 |
[01:13] | Can’t you do it later? | 迟点再聊行不行 |
[01:14] | He’s not available later. | 他待会就没空了 |
[01:15] | He’s got a dorm meeting and then a seminar after that. | 他要参加宿舍会议和研讨班 |
[01:18] | I know he’s busy, | 我知道他是个忙人 |
[01:20] | and you are very thoughtful to be so accommodating, sweetheart, | 你的随和也非常贴心 宝贝 |
[01:22] | but a healthy relationship is based on mutual respect. | 但健康的关系建立在互相尊重的基础上 |
[01:26] | I mean, think about what kind of signal you’re sending | 你总是为他改变原本的行程安排 |
[01:28] | if you’re the one always rearranging your schedule | 对他有求必应 你想想 |
[01:31] | at the other one’s every beck and call. | 如此行为向他发出了怎样的信号 |
[01:33] | I mean, if you just drop everything… | 只要他一叫你 |
[01:35] | the very moment that– I’m sorry. | 你就抛下手边的事…抱歉 |
[01:39] | Oh, hang on. | 等等 |
[01:41] | Detective Beckett. | 贝克特探长 |
[01:43] | I’ll be right there. | 马上到 |
[01:46] | I’m worried about Alexis. | 我很担心阿丽克西斯 |
[01:48] | I think her not getting into Stanford | 我认为没能考入斯坦福影响了 |
[01:49] | has upset the balance of power in her relationship with Ashley. | 她在与阿什利的关系中的地位 |
[01:52] | Oh, Castle, I wouldn’t worry about that. | 卡塞尔 换了是我就不会担心 |
[01:55] | I mean, Alexis is a girl, and Ashley’s a teenage boy. | 阿丽克西斯是女孩 阿什利是个少年 |
[01:58] | I’d say she still holds most of the power. | 我认为她还是占有主导地位的 |
[02:01] | The “Ghost Wranglers” are here? | “牧鬼人”摄制组在这 |
[02:04] | Okay, that’s why I love these guys. | 这就是我迷他们的原因 |
[02:06] | Body’s not even cold, | 尸骨未寒 |
[02:07] | they’re already tracking down the ghost. | 他们就已经开始追踪鬼魂了 |
[02:09] | Why doesn’t it surprise me that you actually watch | 你爱看那荒唐的节目怎么 |
[02:11] | that ridiculous show? | 一点也没让我觉得惊讶 |
[02:13] | Ridiculously awesome. | 荒唐地好看 |
[02:14] | Jack Sinclair is hands down | 杰克·辛克莱毫无疑问 |
[02:17] | America’s most accomplished ghost hunter. | 是全美最出色的猎鬼人 |
[02:20] | Um, Castle… | 卡塞尔 |
[02:23] | Jack Sinclair is the name of our victim. | 杰克·辛克莱就是死者的名字 |
[02:26] | And the hunter becomes the hunted. | 猎人反被猎杀 |
[02:29] | He was here doing a special about the house, | 他在这录制一个关于屋子的特辑 |
[02:31] | you know, for his TV show. | 就是为他的节目 |
[02:32] | Why this place? | 为什么选这里 |
[02:33] | It has a bit of a history. | 这地方有点历史 |
[02:35] | You mean, paranormal history? | 你是指超自然的历史 |
[02:37] | Look, detective, I’m not saying | 探长 我不是说我自己 |
[02:38] | I believe in that stuff, okay? | 相信这些东西 好吗 |
[02:40] | But I’ve owned the McClaren House for over 20 years, | 但我拥有麦拉伦老宅超过二十年了 |
[02:43] | and when the phone rings about this place, | 当这个地方出问题的时候 |
[02:45] | odds are, it’s not a busted toilet. | 基本不会是马桶坏了 |
[02:47] | Anybody live in there now? | 现在有人住在这里吗 |
[02:48] | Not for years. | 很久没人住了 |
[02:49] | It’s hard getting tenants to stick around. | 租客总是住不长 |
[02:51] | So when this Sinclair guy called, | 所以当辛克莱联系我的时候 |
[02:53] | I figured, what the hell? | 我想管它呢 |
[02:54] | Maybe he could clear the place up, | 也许他能除妖降魔啥的 |
[02:56] | make it rentable. | 就能再出租了 |
[02:57] | But after what just happened… | 但鉴于刚刚发生的事… |
[02:59] | Wh-what exactly did just happen? | 刚刚到底发生了什么事 |
[03:01] | His throat was slit almost from ear to ear. | 他的喉部被切开 差不多切至两耳根 |
[03:04] | Jugular, superior thyroid, | 颈静脉 甲状腺动脉 |
[03:06] | common carotid, left and right– | 左右颈动脉 |
[03:08] | You name it, it’s been severed. | 能断的都切断了 |
[03:09] | Well, that explains all the blood. | 那就解释了大量的血迹 |
[03:11] | Here’s what I can’t explain– | 这一点 我无法解释 |
[03:13] | Depth and nature of the wounds tell me | 伤口的深度及性质表明 |
[03:15] | that the killer got up close and personal. | 凶手与死者的距离一定很近 |
[03:17] | So then where are the footprints? | 那他的脚印在哪 |
[03:18] | Not just that. Look at the blood spatter. | 不止这些 瞧这些血迹的溅落 |
[03:21] | You cut all those arteries, | 切断这么些动脉 |
[03:23] | and the spray is gonna come fast | 血液应该会立刻 |
[03:24] | and it’s gonna come strong. | 并且强烈地喷出来 |
[03:26] | I’ll say. It went everywhere. | 我说那一定喷得满世界都是 |
[03:27] | But it shouldn’t have. | 但不该如此 |
[03:28] | Some of it should’ve landed on the killer. | 部分血迹本该溅到凶手身上 |
[03:31] | Yet every drop of it landed on the floor. | 但每一滴血都落在了地上 |
[03:34] | This spray is completely unobstructed. | 溅落完全没有遇到任何阻碍物 |
[03:36] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[03:37] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[03:38] | Unless the blood passed right through the killer. | 除非血滴穿透了凶手的身体 |
[03:43] | Are you saying a ghost did this? | 你是说凶手是鬼吗 |
[03:45] | Please don’t encourage him. | 别鼓励他胡扯了 |
[03:46] | I’m saying, | 我是说 |
[03:47] | maybe Mr. Sinclair finally met a wraith | 也许辛克莱先生终于碰到 |
[03:49] | he couldn’t wrangle. | 他收不了的恶灵了 |
[03:52] | Lanie, who called this in? | 蕾妮 报案的是什么人 |
[03:53] | I’m… Jack’s producer. | 我是杰克的制片人 |
[03:56] | I worked with him for the last four years. | 已经和他一起工作四年了 |
[03:57] | Okay, Lulu, we just need to know | 好的露露 我们只是想了解一下 |
[03:59] | everything that happened before you called 911. | 在你报警之前发生的所有事 |
[04:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:02] | Jack went in the house at around 7:00. | 杰克在七点左右进入这屋子 |
[04:05] | And then he went on lockdown a few minutes after that. | 几分钟后就把自己禁闭了 |
[04:08] | Uh, he locks himself into the house for the night. | 把自己关在一间屋子里过夜 |
[04:10] | It’s standard protocol for ghost hunters. | 是猎鬼人的标准方案 |
[04:12] | – And was he in there alone? – Yeah. | -就他一个人在里面吗 -是的 |
[04:14] | We always do a clean sweep of the place | 在开始之前 我们总是会 |
[04:16] | right before we start. | 进行一次清查 |
[04:17] | So he–he locked the doors, | 然后他… 他把门锁上 |
[04:19] | and then I went into the tech van to watch the feed. | 我就上技术器材装载车看监控了 |
[04:22] | And were the cameras rolling the whole time? | 这段时间 摄影机一直在拍摄吗 |
[04:25] | The infrared cameras are to detect | 红外摄影机是用来监测 |
[04:27] | unexplained thermal anomalies. | 无法解释的热量异常 |
[04:29] | Living room, 9:03 p.m.. | 客厅 晚上九点零三分 |
[04:32] | EMF level spiking off the chart. | 电磁场侦测器接收到前所未有的强烈信号 |
[04:34] | That’s an electromagnetic field meter. | 那是针对电磁场运动的侦测器 |
[04:37] | That’s a tool of the ghost busting trade. | 捉鬼这行必备的行头 |
[04:38] | It’s used to measure spikes in paranormal energy. | 用来侦测超自然力量的信号 |
[04:42] | Let’s just watch. | 认真看吧 |
[04:47] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[04:50] | Is anyone there? | 有人在那吗 |
[04:54] | Mercy… | 梅夕[仁慈] |
[04:56] | I can see it. | 我看见了 |
[04:59] | Mercy… | 梅夕[仁慈] |
[05:00] | It sounds like he was begging his killer for mercy. | 他好像在求凶手发慈悲 手下留情 |
[05:04] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[05:05] | That–that’s it. | 没了 就这么多 |
[05:06] | That’s when all the camera signals cut out at once. | 所有摄影机在那一刻全都被中断了 |
[05:08] | And what could explain the picture | 所有画面都没了 |
[05:10] | suddenly going out like that? | 是什么造成的呢 |
[05:11] | I don’t know. It’s never happened before. | 我不知道 以前从没发生过 |
[05:13] | Well, there was that last episode of “The Sopranos.” | 《黑道家族》最后一集就是这样 |
[05:15] | No, there’s no way. | 不 没可能的 |
[05:17] | Jack had to have been in there with someone else. | 当时一定有人跟杰克在一起 |
[05:19] | Did he have any enemies, | 他有任何敌人吗 |
[05:20] | anybody that he was having problems with recently? | 最近跟他有矛盾的人 |
[05:23] | No, not that I know of. | 没有 至少我不知道 |
[05:24] | He… he did show up to lockdown upset. | 他来禁闭时的确有点心烦意乱的 |
[05:28] | – Do you know where he was coming from? – No. | -你知道他是从哪过来的吗 -不知道 |
[05:30] | He pulled up in a cab and grabbed his gear | 他从计程车上下来 拿了他的工具 |
[05:32] | and just went inside. | 就进去了 |
[05:33] | Did anyone else have keys to this place? | 还有人有此处的钥匙吗 |
[05:35] | Just Jack and Barry B. | 只有杰克和巴里·B |
[05:37] | Barry Bavetta. That’s Jack’s cameraman. | 巴里·巴夫塔 杰克的摄影师 |
[05:39] | Where is Barry? | 巴里人呢 |
[05:40] | Doesn’t he usually do lockdown with Jack? | 他通常不是与杰克一起禁闭吗 |
[05:42] | He and Jack had an argument this afternoon. | 今天下午他和杰克吵了一架 |
[05:44] | Things got pretty heated, and then Barry just quit. | 闹得很僵 然后巴里就辞职了 |
[05:46] | Could he have programmed the cameras | 他有可能把摄影机设置成 |
[05:48] | to turn off like that? | 像那样自动关闭吗 |
[05:50] | Actually… Yeah, he could. | 事实上 他是可以的 |
[05:54] | Barry Bavetta checked out of his hotel in a hurry at 7:30. | 巴里·巴夫塔于七点半急忙地从酒店退房 |
[05:57] | That’s enough time to make it back to the house | 足够他在九点杰克被杀的时候 |
[05:59] | by 9:00 when Jack was killed. | 回到宅子里 |
[06:00] | Barry’s phone is still going straight to voice mail. | 巴里的电话还是直转语音信箱 |
[06:02] | Well, the manager gave me his credit card info, | 经理把他的信用卡信息给我了 |
[06:05] | so if we’re lucky he’s out there using it. | 如果走运 他可能会用卡 |
[06:06] | All right, I’m gonna start scrubbing this footage | 好吧 我得开始啃那卷 |
[06:08] | from inside of the house. | 在屋里拍的录影带了 |
[06:09] | Maybe there’s something in there that can implicate this guy. | 也许里面有些什么会涉及到这家伙 |
[06:10] | Right. Hey. | 好的 嘿 |
[06:12] | We’re still on for dinner tomorrow night, right? | 我们明天还是一起吃晚餐 对吧 |
[06:13] | Oh, yeah. Jenny’s totally psyched. | 对 珍妮兴奋极了 |
[06:15] | She’s never really hung out with Lanie before, so cool. | 她从来都没和蕾妮一起出去过 这不错 |
[06:17] | Well, just to let you know, | 提前告诉你一声 |
[06:18] | Lanie’s gonna be getting off a double shift, | 那会儿蕾妮刚下双班 |
[06:20] | so she could be a little cranky. | 她会有点暴躁的 |
[06:21] | Oh. Maybe we should reschedule. | 那我们还是改日子吧 |
[06:23] | I mean, isn’t the whole point | 我是说这不都是为了 |
[06:25] | for Jenny and Lanie to get along? | 让蕾妮和和珍妮好好相处吗 |
[06:26] | Nah, she’ll be cool. | 没事 她会很亲切的 |
[06:27] | Just, you know, don’t say anything controversial. | 只是别提什么有争议性的话题 |
[06:31] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[06:32] | What’s controversial? | 什么叫有争议性的 |
[06:34] | Bingo. | 宾果[既有答对了的意思也是游戏名] |
[06:35] | Bingo? Don’t talk about bingo? | 宾果 不能说宾果游戏 |
[06:38] | Barry Bavetta’s been busy, and so has his lap. | 巴里·巴夫塔一直挺忙 他的大腿也没闲着 |
[06:40] | Dude has racked up a hell of a tab at a strip club by the airport. | 这哥们在机场边上的脱衣舞俱乐部挥霍了一大笔钱 |
[06:44] | First charge, an hour after the murder. | 第一次消费 谋杀案发后一小时 |
[06:47] | Sorry to interrupt your fun, Barry. | 抱歉打断了你的乐子 巴里 |
[06:49] | We heard you were racking up quite a bill. | 我们听说你花了一大笔钱 |
[06:51] | Or is that billing quite a rack? | 用来买”波涛汹涌”了 |
[06:54] | So what, getting a lap dance is illegal now? | 那怎么了 看大腿舞也违法了 |
[06:57] | Look, I was just blowing off some steam. | 听着 我就是想找点乐子 |
[06:59] | Haven’t had the best day. | 一天都不太顺 |
[07:00] | Yeah, so we heard. | 是啊 我们也听说了 |
[07:01] | Your producer said that you and Jack Sinclair | 你的制片人说你和杰克·辛克莱 |
[07:03] | had a falling out today. | 今天吵架了 |
[07:04] | So this is about Jack? Yeah. | 那这是和杰克有关了 是 |
[07:06] | We got into it. | 我们是吵起来了 |
[07:08] | Wasn’t the first fight we ever had, | 这也不是我们第一次争吵了 |
[07:09] | but I made sure it’ll be the last. | 但是我保证是最后一次了 |
[07:13] | Why don’t you tell us what happened, Barry? | 你何不说说怎么回事呢 巴里 |
[07:14] | Jack screwed me over is what happened. | 就是杰克耍了我这么回事 |
[07:16] | He told me last-minute | 他最后时刻告诉我 |
[07:17] | I wasn’t going with him on lockdown tonight. | 我今晚不能和他一起进入到禁区里了 |
[07:20] | Any reason? | 为什么 |
[07:21] | The only one he gave was, he’s the boss. | 他给我的唯一原因就是他是老板 |
[07:23] | But… It’s ’cause he’s jealous. | 但实际上是他妒忌我 |
[07:25] | Worried I’m gonna walk off with all the credit. | 担心我会抢走他的风头 |
[07:27] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[07:28] | Because the episode we’re doing tonight, | 因为我们今晚拍摄的这一集 |
[07:30] | the McClaren House, was my idea. | 麦拉伦老宅 是我的主意 |
[07:32] | I did all the research. | 我做了所有的调查 |
[07:33] | Jack didn’t even want to do the damn show. | 杰克根本就不想拍 |
[07:35] | Why wouldn’t Jack want to do | 他为什么不想拍 |
[07:37] | a show about a haunted mansion in New York? | 一个纽约的鬼屋凶宅呢 |
[07:38] | That sounds like ratings gold. | 听起来收视保证登顶啊 |
[07:40] | Jack’s weird about New York. | 杰克对纽约很别扭 |
[07:41] | He was brought up here, | 他在这里长大 |
[07:42] | but he’s got some strange aversion to coming back. | 但是他却对回到这里有些古怪的厌恶 |
[07:44] | He tried to torpedo the whole thing, | 他试图阻拦整件事 |
[07:46] | said he wouldn’t be caught dead in that house. | 说他才不会在那间房子里出洋相[死]呢 |
[07:48] | And you decided to prove him wrong? | 所以你就决定证明他是错的 |
[07:50] | What? | 什么 |
[07:51] | Jack Sinclair was killed in the McClaren House tonight. | 杰克·辛克莱今晚在麦拉伦老宅被杀 |
[07:55] | Killed? | 被杀了 |
[07:56] | Barry, why didn’t you give your keys back to the owner? | 巴里 你为什么不把钥匙还给房主呢 |
[07:59] | Uh, I’m–I was– | 因为 我 |
[08:01] | I was, uh, upset. I forgot. | 我太生气了 我忘了 |
[08:02] | Is–is–is he really dead? | 他真的死了 |
[08:04] | You were the one who set up the cameras, right? | 你是设置机位的人 对吗 |
[08:07] | Yeah. | 是 |
[08:08] | So? | 所以呢 |
[08:09] | So you knew exactly where they were placed | 所以你知道摄像机的确切位置 |
[08:11] | and how to avoid them when you snuck back in the house. | 也知道当你潜回宅子时如何才能不被拍到 |
[08:13] | You even knew how to program them | 你甚至知道如何设定它们 |
[08:15] | to turn off at a certain point. | 让它们在特定的时间关闭 |
[08:16] | Whoa, whoa. I did not kill Jack. | 打住 打住 我才没杀杰克 |
[08:19] | I wasn’t even there. | 我根本就不在场 |
[08:20] | I got stuck in the security line | 我被安检拖住了 |
[08:21] | and missed my flight to L.A. | 错过了去洛杉矶的飞机 |
[08:23] | I went to the strip club right after that. | 之后我就直接去了脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[08:25] | You can check that. | 你们可以查到的 |
[08:26] | So T.S.A. has Barry | 运输安全局证实了巴里 |
[08:28] | going through security at 9:15 at J.F.K. | 在九点一刻通过肯尼迪机场安检 |
[08:31] | There’s no way that he was in the house | 他根本不可能在案发时 |
[08:33] | at the time of the murder. | 出现在案发现场 |
[08:35] | Plus, tech checked out those cameras. | 另外技术人员检查了那些摄像机 |
[08:37] | They weren’t programmed to turn off. | 它们的关闭并不是设定好的 |
[08:38] | The only thing Barry’s guilty of killing | 巴里只是消磨[杀掉]了 |
[08:40] | is time at that strip club. | 在脱衣舞俱乐部的欢乐时光 |
[08:42] | So… If Barry’s not our guy, | 所以 如果巴里不是我们要找的人 |
[08:44] | I think it’s time we revisit the possibility | 那我想我们应该再考虑有没有可能 |
[08:46] | that our killer’s a– | 我们的凶手是个 |
[08:47] | If you say ghost, I’m sending you home. | 你要说是鬼 我就赶你回家 |
[08:52] | Apparition-American. | 美国幽灵 |
[08:54] | Have you figured out another way to explain the blood spatter? | 你找出了解释血迹的其他原因了吗 |
[08:57] | No, I haven’t, but I will. | 目前还没 但是会的 |
[08:59] | Apparently Jack Sinclair was very upset | 杰克·辛克莱今晚 |
[09:01] | when he arrived in a taxi cab tonight, | 坐计程车来的时候心烦意乱 |
[09:02] | so let’s find out where that cab picked him up | 我们查查他的上车地点 |
[09:04] | and what he was doing there. | 和他在那里都做了些什么 |
[09:05] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[09:07] | You’ll see, Castle. This will turn out just like | 等着瞧吧 卡塞尔 这个案子和其他的 |
[09:08] | every other murder investigation. | 谋杀案调查没什么区别 |
[09:10] | Once we find out more about our victim’s life, | 我们一旦了解更多死者生前的事 |
[09:12] | the details surrounding his death, | 和他死亡的细节 |
[09:13] | everything will be explained. | 一切事情就都能解释了 |
[09:16] | Maybe not everything. | 或许有的事解释不了 |
[09:18] | I was reviewing the footage shot inside the house tonight | 我在复查今晚宅子里的录像 |
[09:20] | looking for signs that someone else was there– | 寻找那里当时有其他人的迹象 |
[09:22] | A-a shadow, a reflection, something. | 影子 倒影 什么的 |
[09:24] | Instead, I found, uh, | 但是 我发现 |
[09:26] | well, you better see for yourself. | 你们还是自己看看吧 |
[09:30] | So I slowed down the video. | 我慢放了录像 |
[09:31] | Watch the tripod in the background. | 看背景的三脚架 |
[09:37] | There. You see it. | 那里 你看 |
[09:46] | I’m sure there’s a perfectly simple explanation | 我相信一定会有个简单的解释 |
[09:48] | for all of that. | 来说明所有事情 |
[09:49] | There is. | 那就是 |
[09:53] | They’re here. | 鬼来了[电影《鬼驱人》的名句] |
[10:05] | Whoa. Did you get any sleep? | 你休息过吗 |
[10:07] | Not a wink, but it was worth it. | 都没合过眼 但是绝对值得 |
[10:09] | After researching the history of the McClaren Mansion, | 在调查了麦拉伦老宅的历史后 |
[10:12] | I think I know what happened | 我想我知道了我们的死者 |
[10:13] | to our victim, ghost hunter Jack Sinclair. | 猎鬼人杰克·辛克莱的遭遇了 |
[10:15] | That coffee’s for you, by the way. Oh. | 顺便说一声 咖啡是给你的 |
[10:18] | Oh, the–the other one. That’s… | 那一杯 那是 |
[10:20] | That’s– | 那是 |
[10:21] | I’ll make you a– I’ll make you one. | 我再给你 我再给你做一杯 |
[10:23] | Um, since the McClaren Mansion was built in 1898, | 自从麦拉伦老宅在1898年落成后 |
[10:28] | bodies have been piling up | 死人的速度让 |
[10:29] | faster than a tarantino movie. | 塔伦蒂诺的电影甘拜下风了 |
[10:31] | Eight killings in all, | 总计八起凶案 |
[10:32] | starting with the original owner, Robert Pettigrew, | 首先是最早的房主罗伯特·佩特洛 |
[10:34] | strangled, 1903. | 在1903年被掐死 |
[10:36] | All the way to Melanie Benton, | 一直到梅兰妮·本顿 |
[10:37] | hacked to pieces in 1991. | 在1991年被砍成了碎片 |
[10:39] | The current owner, Steve Fuller, | 目前的房主名叫史蒂夫·福勒 |
[10:41] | tried to have the house torn down, | 曾想要拆掉房子 |
[10:43] | but it was declared a landmark by the society for historic– | 但是被有关部门认定为地标建筑 |
[10:45] | I’m sorry, Castle. | 不好意思 卡塞尔 |
[10:46] | I appreciate your work. I do. | 我很感谢你的工作 真的 |
[10:48] | But what does this have to do with our case? | 但是这和我们的案子有什么关系 |
[10:51] | Just getting to that. | 就快说到了 |
[10:52] | It seems that in almost all of these killings, | 似乎看起来在所有的谋杀中 |
[10:55] | the killer claimed that there was a–ready for this? | 凶手都声称 准备好了没 |
[10:58] | That a demon was responsible. | 和一个恶鬼有关 |
[11:02] | A demon? Really? | 恶鬼 不是吧 |
[11:03] | I’m not making this up. It’s in the books. | 这可不是人家编的 白纸黑字 |
[11:06] | Fine. A demon killed Jack Sinclair. | 好吧 一个恶鬼杀了杰克·辛克莱. |
[11:08] | So what’s our next step? | 那我们要做什么 |
[11:09] | Are we gonna stake out the house, | 我们是不是要监视房子 |
[11:10] | wait for the demon to show up, zap him with our proton pack? | 等着恶鬼现身 再用质子枪把它杀了 |
[11:17] | That’s not a real thing, you know, | 那不是正宗的 你懂不 |
[11:18] | that real ghost hunters use. | 真正的猎鬼人不使质子枪 |
[11:20] | Real ghost hunters? | 真正的猎鬼人 |
[11:22] | Isn’t that a contradiction in terms, bro? | 这不是有点自相矛盾吗 伙计 |
[11:24] | Okay. Does anyone have anything pertinent to our case? | 好了 有没有人能说点和案子相关的 |
[11:27] | I do. | 我能 |
[11:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:28] | I tracked down that cab our vic took last night. | 我找到了死者当晚所乘的出租车 |
[11:30] | The driver’s trip log says | 驾驶员的行驶记录显示 |
[11:32] | that he picked up Jack on the corner of 38th and 9th. | 杰克在38号和9号大街拐角处上的车 |
[11:34] | Have uniforms canvass the area with jack’s photo. | 让警员们带着杰克的照片排查那里 |
[11:36] | Let’s see what he was up to. | 看看他去那里干什么 |
[11:38] | Oh, and phone records, too. | 还有通话记录 |
[11:39] | Maybe that’ll shed some light on things. | 或许能查出点什么 |
[11:41] | I think I can shed some light | 我觉得我能提供点 |
[11:42] | on why Jack didn’t want to do the show here. | 杰克不愿意来这儿录节目的原因 |
[11:43] | Talked to an old high school pal | 我和一个前几天 |
[11:45] | that Jack had breakfast with a couple of days ago. | 同他共进早餐的高中同学聊了聊 |
[11:47] | Turns out that our vic actually used to live | 原来死者以前就住在 |
[11:50] | right near the McClaren House. | 麦拉伦老宅附近 |
[11:51] | Said that he used to walk a couple blocks out of his way | 他曾经为了避免经过那房子 |
[11:54] | just to avoid walking past it. | 绕开几个街区走 |
[11:56] | Said it gave him a creeped out feeling. | 据说那里让他毛骨悚然 |
[11:58] | You see? I am telling you, | 听到没 我就告诉你 |
[11:59] | there is something going on with this house. | 这房子有问题 |
[12:01] | The last people… Well, to– | 最后住在 那个 |
[12:04] | The last people that lived there | 最后住在那里的住户 |
[12:06] | moved out four years ago in a hurry. | 四年前匆匆忙忙地搬走了 |
[12:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:09] | I don’t know, but I think it’s time we found out. | 不知道 可我觉得是时候找出谜底了 |
[12:11] | Knock yourself out, Castle. | 你自己随便去查吧 卡塞尔 |
[12:12] | – You’re not coming? – No, I’ve got a murder to solve. | -你不来吗 -不 我还有谋杀案要侦破 |
[12:15] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[12:20] | – Ooh. That’s a look. – Yeah. | -她在瞪你了 -没错 |
[12:23] | I get these a lot. Just start walking. | 我被她瞪多了 快走就是了 |
[12:24] | – Let’s go. – Faster. | -走吧 -快点 |
[12:34] | I just saw Ryan downstairs. | 我刚在楼下看到莱恩 |
[12:35] | I can’t believe you let him go chasing ghosts with Castle. | 没想到你会让他和卡塞尔一起去找鬼 |
[12:37] | Yeah. Maybe Shaggy will keep Scooby out of trouble. | 没错 也许薛吉会让史酷比少惹麻烦 |
[12:40] | Besides, you never know. | 而且 世事难料 |
[12:41] | Maybe they’ll come up with something useful. | 没准他们能找到些有用的东西呢 |
[12:42] | Oh, you want useful? | 你想要有用的东西 |
[12:44] | Because I just spoke to C.S.U. | 我刚和鉴证组谈过了 |
[12:46] | They found fingerprints at the scene | 他们在现场找到了 |
[12:47] | from a real live person, so… | 一个大活人的指纹 |
[12:51] | His name is Ron Berger. He lives in Queens. | 他叫朗·博格 住在皇后区 |
[12:54] | – They’re picking him up now. – Does he have a record? | -已经去抓他了 -有前科吗 |
[12:56] | Yeah. Chuckles did eight years | 有 这小混混因为持刀抢劫 |
[12:57] | for armed robbery with a knife. | 蹲了八年班房 |
[12:59] | He’s also dabbled in B&E, which makes | 也曾涉及入室抢劫 所以 |
[13:01] | breaking into a locked house no problem for this guy. | 闯入个上锁的房子对他来说不成问题 |
[13:03] | When did he get out of prison? | 他什么时候出狱的 |
[13:05] | Five weeks ago. | 五周以前 |
[13:05] | Ohh, finally a lead that makes sense. | 总算有条靠谱的线索了 |
[13:08] | Oh, it gets better. | 还不止如此 |
[13:09] | Ron has a history with our vic. | 朗和死者有过节 |
[13:11] | “Ghost Wranglers” did a piece on Five Points Correctional, | 牧鬼人曾经在五点监狱拍摄过一期节目 |
[13:13] | and Ron was featured. | 朗也入镜了 |
[13:14] | Claims he was sharing his cell with a spirit. | 声称他牢房里有个幽灵 |
[13:16] | Well, that’s prison overcrowding for you. | 也算是监狱人满为患的一种 |
[13:18] | Apparently, Casper was being a little too friendly, | 看起来 卡斯珀有点过分友好了 |
[13:20] | touching Ron in all the wrong places. | 对朗毛手毛脚 |
[13:22] | Molested by a ghost. Mm-hmm. | 被鬼性骚扰吗 |
[13:24] | Wow. Some people will do anything to get on TV. | 有的人为了上电视什么都肯做啊 |
[13:26] | Yeah, except it backfired on him. | 但事与愿违 |
[13:27] | Ron became the laughingstock of the prison yard. | 朗成了整个监狱的笑柄 |
[13:29] | He got all pissed off, | 他气急败坏 |
[13:31] | and he wrote the show a letter. | 给节目写了一封信 |
[13:32] | “I’m gonna make Jack Sinclair bleed | “我要让杰克·辛克莱为他所做的事 |
[13:34] | for what he did to me.” | 血债血偿” |
[13:36] | I wrote that letter, yeah. | 是我写的信 |
[13:37] | But that was as far as it went. I-I didn’t kill him. | 不过也就此为止了 我没有杀他 |
[13:39] | Where were you last night at 9:00 p.m.? | 昨晚九点你在哪里 |
[13:41] | I was at home, watching cartoons. | 我在家 看动画片 |
[13:45] | You can ask my mom. | 你们可以去问我妈 |
[13:46] | Well, we have a problem, Ron, because we found | 有个问题 朗 我们在麦拉伦老宅里 |
[13:48] | your fingerprints inside the McClaren House. | 发现了你的指纹 |
[13:50] | I-I-I can explain that. | 我能解释这事 |
[13:52] | I’m waiting. | 说吧 |
[13:54] | I-I can’t violate my parole. | 我不能违反我的假释规定 |
[13:55] | I can’t go back to Five Points, | 我不想再回去五点监狱了 |
[13:57] | not–not in that cell, not–not with that… | 不能再回牢房里 不能再和 |
[14:00] | Thing. | 那玩意呆在一起 |
[14:01] | You’re worried about your ghost? | 你在害怕那个鬼吗 |
[14:03] | Ron, you’re looking at murder. | 朗 你现在被控凶杀 |
[14:05] | You’ve got a flimsy alibi. | 你的不在场证明不堪一击 |
[14:06] | Your fingerprints are all over the crime scene. | 整个犯罪现场布满了你的指纹 |
[14:08] | You had means, motive, and opportunity. | 你有作案的手法 动机 时机 |
[14:11] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[14:13] | I was there. | 我的确去过那儿 |
[14:14] | Just, uh, not last night. | 可不是昨晚 |
[14:16] | About a month ago. | 是一个月以前 |
[14:17] | I was there because of Jack. | 我去是因为杰克 |
[14:18] | He–he called me after I got out. | 我出狱后他打电话来 |
[14:20] | Jack Sinclair called you, | 你威胁过杰克·辛克莱 |
[14:21] | after you threatened him? | 他还给你打电话吗 |
[14:22] | To apologize for the prison show thing, | 他是为了监狱的节目向我道歉 |
[14:25] | and he–he had a request. | 他还求我办件事 |
[14:26] | What kind of a request? | 求你什么事 |
[14:27] | Uh, it was a strange one. | 是件怪事 |
[14:29] | He wanted me to take pictures inside the McClaren House. | 他想让我进麦拉伦老宅拍些照 |
[14:33] | – Why you? – It was locked up. | -为什么要你去 -那房子上了锁 |
[14:34] | So, uh… I had to break in. | 所以 我得闯进去 |
[14:37] | Did he give you any reason for asking for those pictures? | 他告诉你拍照的理由了吗 |
[14:41] | Okay. We’re gonna need to see the photos. | 好吧 我们需要看看那些照片 |
[14:44] | So tech analyzed the S.D. card. | 技术部门分析了这张记忆卡 |
[14:46] | Time/date stamp was not messed with. | 日期标记没有动过手脚 |
[14:48] | – So then Ron was telling the truth? – Well, about the photos. | -所以朗说的是实话了 -照片这事是真的 |
[14:51] | I’m still not buying the whole “touched by a phantom” routine. | 我还是不相信那个被鬼骚扰的故事 |
[14:53] | I wonder what Jack wanted with all these photos. | 我在想杰克要这些照片的目的 |
[14:56] | You know, all of the pictures are of just one room– | 所有的照片都是同一个房间的 |
[14:58] | The living room. | 客厅 |
[14:59] | That’s the same room as the crime scene. | 也正是犯罪现场的房间 |
[15:01] | So Jack hired Ron Berger to take pictures | 杰克雇了朗·博格去拍 |
[15:04] | of the very room he was gonna die in. | 他即将死在里面的房间的照片 |
[15:07] | That’s creepy. | 真让人毛骨悚然 |
[15:09] | That’s not creepy, Castle. | 没什么毛骨悚然的 卡塞尔 |
[15:11] | I’m sure it can all be explained | 我确定一切都可以被解释的 |
[15:12] | and I bet you that living room | 我打赌那间客厅 |
[15:13] | has absolutely nothing to do with ghosts or demons. | 和鬼怪神魔都沾不上边 |
[15:16] | The living room, definitely. | 那间客厅 毫无疑问 |
[15:18] | That was the epicenter of the activity. | 是活动的中心点 |
[15:21] | Ms. Boyer, when you say activity… | 博伊尔女士 当你说活动时 |
[15:23] | We didn’t buy it either. | 我们一开始也不信 |
[15:24] | We had heard all about the McClaren House, | 我们听说过麦拉伦老宅的各种事 |
[15:26] | its history. | 它的历史 |
[15:27] | We laughed about it. | 我们置之一笑 |
[15:28] | At first, everything was fine. | 最开始 一切都很正常 |
[15:30] | Then it started– lights going off, | 接着就开始了 灯忽明忽灭 |
[15:32] | strange noises, doors slamming. | 奇怪的声响 门突然关上 |
[15:36] | Did anything violent ever happen? | 有什么暴力的事发生吗 |
[15:38] | One night, uh, | 有一天晚上 |
[15:40] | we heard noises from the living room, | 我们听到客厅传来声响 |
[15:41] | we went downstairs, | 下楼去看 |
[15:43] | found the whole room trashed. | 发现整个房间被捣毁了 |
[15:44] | Tables flipped over, | 桌子翻了过来 |
[15:46] | books ripped apart, pictures smashed. | 书撕得四分五裂 照片打得七零八落 |
[15:48] | Oh, my god. That’s terrible. | 我的天啊 这太恐怖了 |
[15:51] | Is that when you decided to move out? | 所以你们决定搬走了吗 |
[15:52] | Not without a fight. | 我们还是斗争了一番的 |
[15:53] | We found this woman. This, um, | 我们找到了那个女人 那个 |
[15:55] | ghost hunter. | 猎鬼人 |
[15:56] | Said she was the best. | 据说她是这行里最好的 |
[15:57] | Said all other ghost hunters came to her for help. | 其他的猎鬼人都向她寻求帮助 |
[16:01] | But she took one look, and told us to run like hell. | 可她来看了一眼 就叫我们火速搬走 |
[16:03] | Yeah, what was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[16:04] | Um… Mercy. | 梅夕 |
[16:06] | That’s right. Mercy Lagrande. | 没错 梅夕·兰格朗 |
[16:09] | “Mercy, I can see it. Mercy.” | 梅夕 我看见了 梅夕 |
[16:11] | Maybe Jack Sinclair | 也许杰克·辛克莱死前 |
[16:12] | wasn’t begging for mercy when he died. | 并非在求凶手发慈悲呢 |
[16:14] | He was saying her name. | 他是在叫她的名字 |
[16:15] | Mercy lagrande, | 梅夕·兰格朗 |
[16:16] | real name, Mercedes King, | 本名叫做梅赛德斯·金 |
[16:18] | runs an unlicensed business doing paranormal consultations. | 经营一家没有执照的灵异咨询所 |
[16:22] | There’s a reason why she’s unlicensed. | 没营业执照是有原因的 |
[16:24] | Check out this rap sheet. | 看看这个犯罪记录 |
[16:26] | We’ve got I.D. Theft, fraud, check fraud, | 盗用他人身份 诈骗 支票诈骗 |
[16:29] | and impersonating a religious official. | 还有假冒神职人员 |
[16:30] | Look at where her business is located–38th and 9th. | 看看她办公的地点 38街和第9街 |
[16:33] | That’s on the same block our vic caught that cab. | 正好是死者上计程车的同一街区 |
[16:35] | So Jack paid Mercy a visit, | 所以杰克去拜访了梅夕 |
[16:37] | and then goes to the McClaren House upset. | 然后心烦意乱地去了麦拉伦老宅 |
[16:39] | Hours later, | 几个小时后 |
[16:40] | he says Mercy’s name right before he dies. | 死前还喊梅夕的名字 |
[16:42] | So the question is, how is she involved in all of this? | 问题在于 她和这件事有什么关联 |
[16:45] | Uh, well, you know, uh, | 你知道 |
[16:47] | Ryan and I would be glad to go check this out | 如果你们忙着解决谋杀案的话 |
[16:49] | if you guys are too busy solving that murder. | 莱恩和我很愿意去查这件事 |
[16:53] | I did what I could to help him, | 我已经尽我所能去帮助他了 |
[16:54] | but I’d say it wasn’t enough. | 可这些还不够 |
[16:55] | Why did Jack Sinclair come to see you? | 杰克·辛克莱为什么要来见你 |
[16:57] | I’ve been in the McClaren House. | 我曾经去过麦拉伦老宅 |
[16:59] | He was going to face whatever’s in there, | 不管里面是什么 他要去见识一下 |
[17:01] | and he wanted my advice. | 于是他想听听我的意见 |
[17:03] | Which you gave him… for a fee. | 你有偿地给了他建议 |
[17:05] | I’m not a charlatan, detective. | 我可不是个江湖术士 探长 |
[17:07] | Someone with Jack Sinclair’s experience | 如果我是假把式 像杰克·辛克莱 |
[17:09] | wouldn’t be seeking my counsel if I was. | 这么专业的人是不会向我咨询的 |
[17:12] | Please. | 请坐 |
[17:14] | If he was that good, why would he seek your help? | 如果他那么厉害 为什么还要你帮忙 |
[17:18] | This was not like any other house to him. | 这对他来说不像其它的房子 |
[17:20] | When he took the assignment, | 他接手这个任务的时候 |
[17:21] | the dreams started. | 他就开始做梦 |
[17:23] | Just glimpses at first, | 开始只是些许碎片 |
[17:25] | bits and pieces of a room, | 房间里零零碎碎的东西 |
[17:27] | but then the dreams became nightmares– | 可后来噩梦接踵而至 |
[17:30] | Figures, bodies. | 人影 尸体 |
[17:33] | Whose bodies? | 谁的尸体 |
[17:34] | He didn’t know. | 他也不知道 |
[17:36] | But the more we talked, | 可他说的越多 |
[17:37] | the more it became clear to me, these weren’t dreams. | 我越清楚 这些不是梦 |
[17:41] | Well, what were they? | 那是什么 |
[17:42] | Memories. | 记忆 |
[17:44] | He witnessed great evil. | 他目睹了一场惨剧 |
[17:47] | Repressed it all these years. | 这些年来一直压藏在记忆深处 |
[17:50] | But the memories were too strong. | 可这些记忆太强大了 |
[17:51] | They were coming back. | 它们不断浮现出来 |
[17:53] | And what was he remembering exactly? | 那他具体记起了什么 |
[17:55] | A woman, | 一个女人 |
[17:57] | a lot of blood, a man with a knife. | 血流成河 一个持刀的男人 |
[18:00] | Who was the man? | 那个男人是谁 |
[18:01] | He said the face was blurred but getting clearer. | 他说那张脸很模糊 可逐渐清晰起来 |
[18:05] | I told him, | 我告诉他 |
[18:07] | if he returned to the room where it happened, | 如果他回到凶案发生的房间 |
[18:09] | it might all come back to him. | 或许他就能想起来 |
[18:11] | “Mercy, I can see it.” That’s the murderer’s face. | “梅夕 我看见了” 指的是凶手的脸 |
[18:14] | Jack recovered the memory just before he was killed. | 杰克在遇害前刚好恢复了记忆 |
[18:17] | The last murder in that house was 20 years ago. | 那栋房子里发生的上一起命案是在20年前 |
[18:21] | I read about the case. | 我读过案宗了 |
[18:22] | There were no witnesses. | 没有目击者 |
[18:24] | Oh, there was one. | 其实有一个 |
[18:25] | Jack Sinclair was there | 杰克·辛克莱当时在场 |
[18:27] | the night that woman died. | 就在那个女人遇害当晚 |
[18:31] | He was there. | 他在场 |
[18:39] | The pictures aren’t pretty. | 这些图片血肉模糊 |
[18:40] | Melanie Benton, | 梅兰妮·本顿 |
[18:41] | sliced up in the McClaren house | 1991年4月20日晚 |
[18:42] | on the night of April 20, 1991. | 在麦拉伦老宅被捅多刀而死 |
[18:45] | One guess where she was found. | 你们猜她是在哪里被发现的 |
[18:46] | The living room. | 客厅 |
[18:47] | Give that man a prize. | 你真行 |
[18:48] | So 1991, Jack Sinclair is what, 11? | 那1991年 杰克·辛克莱多大 11岁吗 |
[18:51] | Still living in the neighborhood. | 还住在那附近 |
[18:53] | I’m betting this is the murder he witnessed. | 我打赌他目睹的就是这起凶案 |
[18:55] | Yeah, but how did he witness a murder | 是啊 可他是怎么目睹凶案 |
[18:57] | without the killer knowing? | 却没让凶手发现呢 |
[18:58] | I did some digging. Jack had a paper route, | 我做了调查 杰克当时送报 |
[19:00] | and the McClaren House was on it. | 麦拉伦老宅是其中一户 |
[19:02] | Okay, so Jack shows up, maybe to collect money, | 那杰克或许是去收钱的 |
[19:06] | hears screams, and he peers in through those windows. | 听到了惨叫 然后通过窗户往里偷看 |
[19:08] | He started having dreams about what he’d seen | 那些他看到的情景 在多年后的 |
[19:10] | all those years ago, and he wanted to make sense of them. | 梦中出现 他想知道这梦境到底怎么回事 |
[19:12] | And that’s why our vic hired Ron Berger to break in | 所以死者才会雇朗·博格破门而入 |
[19:14] | and take pictures of the living room. | 拍下客厅的照片 |
[19:15] | Was there ever an arrest made? | 凶手被逮捕了吗 |
[19:17] | No, which means the killer is still out there. | 没 所以说凶手还逍遥法外 |
[19:19] | So Jack Sinclair is just about to recover his memory | 杰克·辛克莱快恢复记忆了 |
[19:21] | and possibly I.D. our killer, | 并可能指证出凶手的身份 |
[19:24] | and he’s silenced. | 紧接着就被灭口了 |
[19:25] | Who was the investigating officer on the case? | 当时谁负责调查此案 |
[19:27] | I’ve been retired ten years, | 我都已经退休十年了 |
[19:29] | and I still think about this one. | 还惦记着这起案子 |
[19:30] | I was the first one on the scene, | 我第一个到达案发现场 |
[19:32] | and I gotta tell you, the pictures don’t even do it justice, | 我得告诉你们 照片没能体现现场有多糟糕 |
[19:34] | what Matt Benton did to his poor wife. | 马特·本顿对他妻子犯下的罪行让人作呕 |
[19:36] | Matt Benton? You think that Melanie was killed | 马特·本顿 你认为梅兰妮是被 |
[19:38] | by her own husband? | 自己的老公所杀 |
[19:39] | Well, the neighbors complained about constant fighting. | 邻居一直在抱怨他们吵个不停 |
[19:41] | We put out an A.P.B. on benton | 梅兰妮遇害当晚 |
[19:43] | the night that Melanie was murdered, | 我们就对本顿做了全面通缉 |
[19:44] | but he got away, and he’s been on the lam ever since | 可他溜了 潜逃至今 |
[19:46] | so it doesn’t take a genius to put it together. | 很明显他就是凶手 |
[19:48] | Did you ever hear anything about his whereabouts after he disappeared? | 他失踪后 你听说过他的下落吗 |
[19:51] | We got one tip once about him being in Europe. | 我们只接到过一次消息 说他在欧洲 |
[19:53] | But that–that’s gotta be a good 15 years ago now. | 不过那是15年前的事了 |
[19:55] | So somebody spotted him? | 有人看到他了吗 |
[19:57] | No, he sent postcards to his brother. | 不 他寄了明信片给他哥哥 |
[19:58] | They were postmarked Vienna. | 上面盖着维也纳的邮戳 |
[20:00] | What did they say? Do you remember? | 上面写了什么 你还记得吗 |
[20:02] | They all said the same thing– | 说来说去都是一件事 |
[20:03] | Benton claimed he wasn’t responsible for his wife’s death, | 本顿声称他没有杀死他妻子 |
[20:06] | something about a demon. | 说什么跟恶鬼有关 |
[20:08] | Really? He claimed there was a demon involved? | 真的吗 他声称和恶鬼有关 |
[20:10] | I know. Like anyone’s gonna fall for that, right? | 是啊 还真以为有人会相信他 |
[20:13] | I mean, what kind of jackass did he think he was dealing with? | 他以为跟他打交道的都是白痴吗 |
[20:17] | Did you ever follow up on any of those postcards, | 你追查过那些明信片的线索吗 |
[20:19] | Detective Smith? | 史密斯警探 |
[20:20] | We got interpol involved, | 我们找了国际刑警帮忙 |
[20:21] | but without any hard evidence against the guy– | 可没有确凿的证据对他不利 |
[20:23] | No murder weapon, no witness– you know, | 没有凶器 没有证人 |
[20:25] | I don’t think they ever took it too seriously. | 我觉得他们没把这案子当回事儿 |
[20:27] | And what if a witness came forward now, | 那如果现在有个证人站出来呢 |
[20:29] | would that change anything? | 会有变化吗 |
[20:31] | That would change everything. | 会改变一切 |
[20:33] | It sounds more and more like Matt Benton found out about Jack | 越来越像是马特·本顿知晓了杰克的事 |
[20:37] | and decided to keep him quiet. | 决定杀人灭口 |
[20:38] | But how did Matt find out | 可马特是怎么发现 |
[20:39] | that Jack was recovering his memories? | 杰克正在恢复记忆的 |
[20:41] | I have an idea about that. | 我有个想法 |
[20:42] | I was rechecking our vic’s phone records. | 我刚在查死者的电话记录 |
[20:44] | It turns out, a week before he died, | 发现杰克·辛克莱死前一周 |
[20:46] | Jack Sinclair called | 曾打电话 |
[20:47] | the law firm of Lockhart, Whelan and Benton. | 给洛哈特&威兰&本顿律师事务所 |
[20:49] | Benton? As in– | 本顿 是… |
[20:50] | Pete Benton, Matt’s brother. | 彼得·本顿 马特的哥哥 |
[20:52] | That’s the brother that Matt was sending those postcards to and– | 马特的明信片就是寄给他的… |
[20:54] | Pete could have easily alerted Matt | 彼得很有可能警告马特 |
[20:56] | that someone was asking questions, | 有人在问问题 |
[20:58] | the wrong kind of questions. | 不该问的问题 |
[21:02] | My brother sent me those postcards over 15 years ago. | 我弟弟十五年前寄了那些明信片给我 |
[21:04] | I gave them to the cops. I haven’t heard from him since. | 我都交给警察了 从那以后就没他的消息了 |
[21:07] | And no contact since then, Mr. Benton? | 从那时起就没联系过吗 本顿先生 |
[21:09] | No. | 没 |
[21:10] | Not even after talking to Jack Sinclair? | 和杰克·辛克莱聊过后也没有吗 |
[21:13] | Jack Sinclair? | 杰克·辛克莱是谁 |
[21:14] | The ghost hunter. | 那个猎鬼人 |
[21:15] | He was killed in the McClaren house last night. | 他昨晚在麦拉伦老宅里被杀了 |
[21:17] | I never spoke to Jack Sinclair. | 我从没和杰克·辛克莱联系过 |
[21:19] | Well, his phone records show otherwise. | 可他的电话记录却证明你们说过话 |
[21:21] | I get calls every year from some TV producer | 我每年都收到些电视制片人的电话 |
[21:23] | looking to exploit my family’s tragedy | 打听我们家族的不幸 |
[21:25] | and the legend of the McClaren mansion. | 和麦拉伦老宅的传说 |
[21:28] | Look, it’s a shame, whatever happened to this guy. | 不管这个人遭遇了什么不测 我深感遗憾 |
[21:31] | But if he called here, I did not talk to him. | 可如果他打来电话 不是我跟他通的话 |
[21:34] | And I certainly haven’t spoken to my brother. | 我当然也没和我弟弟有过联系 |
[21:36] | So if we check your phone records, | 那如果我们检查你的通话记录 |
[21:38] | we won’t find calls to Vienna? | 查不到打到维也纳的通话记录 |
[21:40] | We’re an international law firm. | 我们是一家国际律师事务所 |
[21:41] | We have clients all over Europe, including Vienna. | 我们的客户遍及欧洲 包括维也纳 |
[21:43] | We’re gonna need access to those phone logs. | 我们要查看你们的通话记录 |
[21:45] | Then you need a warrant, | 那你们需要搜查令 |
[21:46] | and you don’t have enough to get one. | 而你们没有足够的证据去申请 |
[21:49] | Mr. Benton, your car is downstairs. | 本顿先生 您的车到楼下了 |
[21:52] | The law firm’s car service of choice is Execu-drive. | 为事务所提供租车服务的是乐驾公司 |
[21:55] | Here are Pete Benton’s billing slips | 这些是彼得·本顿的账单明细 |
[21:56] | going back a month or so. | 差不多是这一个月左右的 |
[21:57] | Was there any unusual activity? | 有没有什么异常活动 |
[21:59] | Uh, daily routine’s the same to and from work, | 日常路线就是上下班这段路 |
[22:01] | except for four days ago, | 可是四天前 |
[22:03] | when Pete authorized a pickup at J.F.K., | 彼得批准车辆去肯尼迪机场接人 |
[22:05] | international terminal. | 在国际航班候机楼 |
[22:07] | Okay. So maybe Pete did have his brother on speed dial. | 那或许彼得真的和弟弟有联络 |
[22:09] | Where’d they go? | 他们去了哪里 |
[22:10] | Fairwyck Hotel. | 法威克酒店 |
[22:11] | All right, let’s take this down to the Fairwyck | 我们把照片拿到法威克去 |
[22:13] | and see if anybody recognizes Matt Benton. | 看看有谁认得出马特·本顿 |
[22:16] | Actually, I had tech mock up an aged-up version of the photo, | 我让技术组搞了张合成的推测图 |
[22:19] | you know, Matt 20 years later. | 20年后的马特 |
[22:21] | Wait a minute. Don’t you guys have dinner plans tonight? | 等等 你们今晚不是有饭局吗 |
[22:23] | Uh, we can move it to… | 我们可以改到 |
[22:24] | some night when Lanie’s not coming off a double shift. | 某个蕾妮不连班的晚上出去 |
[22:26] | Uh, actually, Lanie’s really looking forward to it. | 实际上 蕾妮已经期盼很久了 |
[22:28] | You know what? No worries. It’s on my way home. | 别担心 我回家顺道去一趟 |
[22:31] | You sure? | 确定吗 |
[22:32] | That I don’t want to be the one to blame | 确定我不想成为毁掉 |
[22:33] | for ruining Lanie’s night out? Oh, yeah. I am sure. | 蕾妮美好夜晚的人吗 没错 我确定 |
[22:38] | Honestly, Richard, | 说实话 理查德 |
[22:39] | how do you plan to solve a 1-day-old murder | 你读一本关于百年老宅的书 |
[22:40] | by reading a book about a 100-year-old house? | 对解决刚发生一天的凶案有什么帮助啊 |
[22:42] | You sound just like Beckett. | 你这话听起来像贝克特 |
[22:44] | There has to be a reason why all these things happened | 这些事件都恰好发生在客厅 一定是 |
[22:47] | in the living room– | 有原因的 |
[22:48] | All these murders, uh, | 所有这些谋杀 |
[22:49] | the tenants who had their furniture smashed, | 房客的家具 都在同一间房间 |
[22:51] | all in the same room. | 被弄个粉碎 |
[22:53] | Maybe that demon of yours | 也许是你们的恶鬼 |
[22:55] | did not like the furniture. | 不喜欢那家具 |
[22:56] | You bring in a decorator, snazz up the place… | 你找个家装师 把那装饰一新 |
[22:59] | All this nonsense might stop. | 这些怪事也许就都打住了 |
[23:01] | Less like Beckett. | 这话不像贝克特 |
[23:04] | No need of snazzing up here. | 咱这不必再装饰了 |
[23:05] | Look at you. Wow. | 瞧瞧你 |
[23:07] | You’re really taking these skype dates with Ashley seriously. | 和阿什利视频 你还真的打扮一番啊 |
[23:10] | I’m going to a party. | 我是要去参加派对 |
[23:11] | Ash was supposed to call me hours ago, | 阿什几小时前就该打给我的 |
[23:13] | but I’m tired of waiting. | 但是我等烦了 |
[23:16] | Oh, good for you, sweetheart. | 出去玩玩挺好 亲爱的 |
[23:17] | Have a good time. | 玩的开心 |
[23:18] | Thanks, dad. I’ll be back by midnight. | 谢谢 爸爸 我午夜前会回来 |
[23:20] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[23:21] | Bye. | 回见 |
[23:24] | Did you see that outfit? Should I be worried? | 你看见她那身打扮了吗 我该担心吗 |
[23:25] | Ashley’s the one who should be worried. | 阿什利才是该担心的人 |
[23:28] | Trust me, if he could see how she looked going out now, | 相信我 如果他看见她现在出门的样子 |
[23:30] | he wouldn’t be so quick to leave her hanging. | 他就不会那么让她干等着 |
[23:33] | Oh, isn’t this funny? It’s Ashley. | 是不是很搞笑 阿什利打来的 |
[23:36] | Decline. | 拒接 |
[23:37] | It’s almost as if he was listening in to our conversation. | 就好像是他在偷听我们的对话 |
[23:42] | Listening in. | 偷听 |
[23:44] | The architect for the McClaren House, | 麦拉伦老宅的建筑师 |
[23:46] | he’s from Scotland. | 是苏格兰人 |
[23:48] | I-Is that important? | 这很重要吗 |
[23:49] | It’s the key. | 这是关键 |
[23:53] | Two words– | 两个词 |
[23:54] | Laird’s lug. | 主人的耳朵 |
[23:57] | Laird’s lug? | 主人的耳朵 |
[23:58] | Literally “lord’s ear.” | 也就是”房东的耳朵” |
[24:00] | It refers to the hidden alcove above a dining hall | 指的是许多苏格兰城堡里 |
[24:02] | of many Scottish castles. | 餐厅上方都设有密室 |
[24:04] | The host could use it to eavesdrop on his guests. | 屋主用它来偷听客人的谈话 |
[24:07] | I think I’ve either had too much wine or not enough. | 我想我要么是喝多了 要么还得再喝 |
[24:09] | Seamus McClaren, builder of the McClaren house, | 西莫斯·麦拉伦 麦拉伦老宅的建筑师 |
[24:11] | grew up right next to Edinburgh castle, | 紧挨着爱丁堡城堡长大 |
[24:14] | notable for its laird’s lug. | 对主人的耳朵再熟悉不过了 |
[24:15] | The concept so tickled him, | 这个设计使他如此着迷 |
[24:17] | he put modern versions of it | 于是他将现代版的偷听密室 |
[24:18] | into several of his houses. | 放进了他设计的几座楼房中 |
[24:19] | So you’re saying that the McClaren House | 你是说麦拉伦老宅 |
[24:21] | has a hidden alcove? | 有一个密室 |
[24:22] | It explains everything. | 这就解释了一切 |
[24:24] | How come the killings only happen in that one room? | 谋杀怎么会都发生在同一间屋子 |
[24:26] | How does the killer seemingly appear and disappear at will? | 凶手怎么可以随意出现又消失 |
[24:29] | Answers that have, thus far, remained elusive. | 这些答案目前还有待查实 |
[24:31] | Speaking of which, how did your canvassing go? | 说到这个 你的排查怎么样了 |
[24:33] | I came up empty. | 一无所获 |
[24:35] | There’s absolutely no evidence that Matt Benton | 完全没有证据显示马特·本顿 |
[24:37] | was ever at the Fairwyck. | 曾去过法威克 |
[24:38] | Maybe the evidence of his return | 也许他人已经回来的证据 |
[24:40] | will be in that alcove. | 就藏在那密室里 |
[24:40] | It’s worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[24:42] | We’ll go first thing in the morning, | 我们明早去瞧瞧 |
[24:43] | see what we come up with. | 看看会有什么发现 |
[24:46] | You want to go now? | 你现在就想去 |
[24:47] | Well, unless, of course, you’re afraid. | 当然了 除非你害怕 |
[24:49] | – Yeah, right. – No, I get it. | -才不 -不 我明白 |
[24:51] | I mean, it is a haunted house. | 那屋子闹鬼 |
[24:53] | I’m not scared, Castle. | 我不怕 卡塞尔 |
[24:54] | No, no, you’re right. | 不不 你说得对 |
[24:55] | You’re right. I mean, the demon has tasted fresh blood. | 你说得对 恶鬼已经尝过鲜血的甜美了 |
[24:58] | Its–its thirst may not | 它的嗜血 |
[24:59] | be slaked with just one victim. | 是一个被害人所不能满足的 |
[25:00] | Okay, come on. | 好吧 行了 |
[25:03] | Listen, if– if you’re not scared, | 如果你不害怕 |
[25:04] | – Just say it. – No. | -就说出来 -不要 |
[25:07] | Come on. You know you want to. | 拜托 你明明想说 |
[25:08] | I don’t want to say it, Castle. | 我不想说 卡塞尔 |
[25:10] | For me. Please. | 就算为了我 求你 |
[25:13] | I ain’t afraid a’ no ghosts. | 我才不怕什么鬼魂 |
[25:17] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[25:25] | I don’t know, Castle, there have been a lot of murder investigations | 我不确定 卡塞尔 多年来这里发生了 |
[25:28] | in here over the years, | 多起谋杀案 |
[25:29] | And I think they would’ve found a secret room | 我想如果这里真有密室 |
[25:31] | if there actually was one. | 应该早就有人发现了 |
[25:33] | Not if it was hidden well enough. | 如果它隐蔽得好 就不会 |
[25:36] | You know, you’re gonna regret it if we actually find this room. | 如果我们真找到这间房 你会后悔的 |
[25:38] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[25:39] | Because then you’re gonna have to admit | 因为那样你就得承认 |
[25:41] | that there is no demon behind all of this. | 幕后黑手不是什么恶鬼 |
[25:43] | It’s nothing more than | 只不过是藏在密室里 |
[25:45] | a boring old psycho killer hiding in a room. | 无聊年迈的变态杀手 |
[25:47] | Well, unless it’s a psycho killer possessed by a demon. | 除非是个被恶鬼附身的变态杀手 |
[25:50] | Why are you so determined | 你为何这么坚定地 |
[25:51] | to find the supernatural in all this? | 要在其中找到超自然的存在 |
[25:52] | Why are you so determined not to? | 你为何这么坚定地不相信呢 |
[25:53] | You know what? I am just following the evidence | 你知道吗 证据指向哪里 |
[25:56] | wherever it may lead, | 我就会顺其追查 |
[25:58] | And as a cop, I’m going to consider | 而作为一名警察 我会考虑 |
[25:59] | every possible worldly explanation. | 这世上所有可能存在的解释 |
[26:03] | And what if there is none? | 要是没有呢 |
[26:04] | Well, then I’m open to the alternatives. | 那我会考虑其他可能性 |
[26:08] | – You, skepticism maximum? – You know what? | -你会相信妖魔鬼怪 -你知道吗 |
[26:11] | Just because I don’t talk about it nonstop | 就因为我不常把它挂在嘴边 |
[26:13] | doesn’t mean I don’t believe in another plane. | 不代表我不相信它的存在 |
[26:16] | I’ve actually had my own experiences. | 我还亲身经历过呢 |
[26:18] | Get out. Like what? | 胡说 比如呢 |
[26:21] | When I was a little girl, | 当我还是个小女孩的时候 |
[26:22] | My parents rented a cabin by a lake, | 我父母在湖边租了个小木屋 |
[26:24] | And one night, I had to go to the bathroom… | 有天晚上 我要去洗手间 |
[26:28] | You know what? You’re just gonna think I’m crazy. | 算了 你只会觉得我疯了 |
[26:30] | No, no, no. Go ahead. Tell me. | 不不不 继续说 告诉我吧 |
[26:32] | and on the way there, | 就在去的路上 |
[26:36] | I heard this… voice whispering… | 我听到一个声音在低语 |
[26:40] | “Kate, Kate.” | 叫着”凯特 凯特” |
[26:43] | it was coming from this room that the owners had locked up | 声音是从房东锁住的那件房间传出来的 |
[26:47] | and told my parents… never to go in it. | 房东告诉我父母 绝不要进那间房 |
[26:49] | except that night, There’s this weird glow underneath the door, | 可那天晚上 门缝里发出奇怪的光 |
[26:52] | and then I heard the voice again. | 然后我又听到那个声音 |
[26:53] | “Kate.” | “凯特” |
[26:56] | and so I walked up to the door | 我走到门边 |
[26:58] | And this time, it wasn’t locked. | 这时候 门却没有锁 |
[27:01] | and I turned the doorknob and I opened it up and then I saw it. | 我扭开门把手 推开门 我看见了 |
[27:06] | What was it? What did you see? | 什么 你看见了什么 |
[27:11] | Ah, ha ha. Very funny. | 真好笑啊 |
[27:14] | Yes, you got me. | 你唬住我了 |
[27:15] | How long have you known me, Castle? | 你认识我多久了 卡塞尔 |
[27:17] | Of course I don’t believe in ghosts. | 我当然不相信有妖魔鬼怪 |
[27:21] | What was that? | 那怎么回事 |
[27:25] | Well, that’s odd. | 太奇怪了 |
[27:26] | No, that’s more than just odd. | 不 可不仅仅是奇怪 |
[27:28] | This is the same sequence of events | 这与杰克·辛克莱被杀时 |
[27:30] | that preceeded Jack Sinclair’s murder. | 发生的事情一样 |
[27:32] | Except Jack only had an E.M.F. Meter. | 可杰克当时手里只有个电磁仪 |
[27:34] | I’ve got a gun and a flashlight. | 而我有枪和电筒 |
[27:38] | With dead batteries. | 没电的电筒 |
[27:40] | I could swear I just put in new ones. | 我记得我刚换了新的电池 |
[27:42] | I know I saw some matches by one of these candles here. | 我刚看到蜡烛边有些火柴 |
[27:51] | – Wow, Castle. Mature. – Right. Sorry. | -卡塞尔 有点大叔样行不 -抱歉 |
[27:54] | Yeah. Here we go. | 找到了 |
[28:05] | Castle… | 卡塞尔 |
[28:06] | That was not me. | 不是我吹的 |
[28:08] | Okay. So maybe there’s a draft here. | 好吧 也许是穿堂风 |
[28:13] | Right? | 对吧 |
[28:15] | Wait. I think I feel it right here. | 等等 我感觉它就在这儿 |
[28:17] | Give me a boost. | 把我举起来 |
[28:18] | – Okay. Ready? – Yeah. | -好 准备好了吗 -好了 |
[28:24] | Oh, god, Castle. | 天啊 卡塞尔 |
[28:27] | Oh, yeah, this is easy. | 这轻而易举 |
[28:33] | Castle, come on. Just hold still. | 卡塞尔 拜托 站稳了 |
[28:36] | Jeez. | 天啊 |
[28:39] | That’s the noise on the tape | 那是录像里的声音 |
[28:40] | Right before Jack Sinclair was killed. | 就在杰克·辛克莱被杀之前 |
[28:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:44] | I’m gonna go up. Ready? | 我要上去了 准备好了吗 |
[28:46] | Grab my legs. | 抓住我的腿 |
[28:49] | Castle, I said legs. Okay? | 卡塞尔 我说的是腿好吗 |
[28:50] | Oh, legs. | 是腿啊 |
[28:52] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:53] | Not as sorry as I was. | 可不如我可怜啊 |
[28:55] | I’m around dead people all day. | 我整天都对着死人 |
[28:57] | When I get home, I want a live one. | 回到家里 我就想见到个活的 |
[28:59] | I was tired. | 我累嘛 |
[29:02] | I can’t believe we waited this long to do this, babe. | 我不敢相信我们过了这么久才一起吃饭 宝贝 |
[29:04] | Yeah, yeah. It really did turn out to be a perfect night. | 是啊 真是完美的一晚 |
[29:08] | I would like to propose a toast. | 我想要祝酒 |
[29:10] | I know that it’s kind of corny, | 我知道这有点老套 |
[29:12] | But it’s me so, well, there we go. | 但我就这样 我说了啊 |
[29:14] | Uh, to best friends, | 敬最好的朋友 |
[29:15] | now and forever. | 从现在直到永远 |
[29:18] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[29:19] | And to the future newlyweds. | 还得敬未来的新婚夫妇 |
[29:21] | – Cheers. You are so thoughtful. – Cheers. | -干杯 你真是太贴心了 -干杯 |
[29:24] | You know, Kevin said you guys made a great couple, but… | 凯文说你们俩很般配 但 |
[29:27] | I had no idea. | 我没想到这么配 |
[29:29] | So… | 那 |
[29:30] | When are you two getting married? | 你俩打算何时结婚 |
[29:40] | Isn’t this awkward? | 这样走很不舒服唉 |
[29:42] | Yeah, well, secret passageways | 别期望秘密通道 |
[29:43] | aren’t supposed to be the most convenient of places. | 是个特舒适宽敞的地方 |
[29:46] | The killer could have hung upside down from this bar | 凶手撕裂杰克·辛克莱的喉咙时 |
[29:49] | when he slit Jack Sinclair’s throat. | 可能就倒挂在在横梁上 |
[29:50] | That would provide you with your | 这个情景可以支持你那 |
[29:51] | demon-free explanation of the undisturbed blood spatter. | 无恶鬼无阻碍的溅血理论 |
[29:54] | Look, Castle, I appreciate the assist, | 卡塞尔 我很感激你的帮忙 |
[29:57] | but I could do without the massage. | 但是你不揉 我也行的 |
[29:59] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[30:00] | Aren’t you rubbing my neck? | 你不是在帮我按摩脖子吗 |
[30:02] | No. | 没啊 |
[30:07] | Deep breaths, Castle. | 深呼吸 卡塞尔 |
[30:07] | It’s just a rat. | 只是老鼠罢了 |
[30:10] | There’s something over there. Come on. | 那边有东西 走 |
[30:13] | Hidden passageways, secret rooms? | 隐蔽的通道 密室 |
[30:15] | I don’t know, Castle. | 我不明白了 卡塞尔 |
[30:16] | The mystery of the McClaren Mansion’s | 麦拉伦老宅的神秘之感 |
[30:17] | looking less supernatural by the minute. | 每分钟都在退却 |
[30:21] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[30:28] | It’s a magnetic field generator, | 它是个磁场发生器 |
[30:30] | to knock out the video feed to the cameras. | 用它来破坏摄像机的图像 |
[30:32] | Boy, someone planned very carefully | 有人精心设计 |
[30:34] | how to kill Jack Sinclair the night he was filming here. | 要在杰克·辛克莱来这拍摄的当晚杀掉他 |
[30:38] | It’s taxing the power supply. | 它使得电路超负荷 |
[30:39] | That could explain the lights flickering just before Jack’s death. | 那就解释了杰克死前灯为什么闪个不停 |
[30:42] | You know, the magnetic field would also explain | 磁场也解释了为什么 |
[30:44] | that tripod moving that we saw in the video. | 我们看见录像带中的三脚架在晃动 |
[30:47] | Castle, look at these marks. | 卡塞尔 看看这些痕迹 |
[30:49] | There was a bed here. | 这里曾经有张床 |
[30:50] | Matt Benton could’ve been here | 杰克出现前 |
[30:51] | for days before Jack even showed up. | 马特·本顿也许在这住过一段时间 |
[30:53] | You know, this house has been largely unoccupied | 自从梅兰妮·本顿死后 |
[30:56] | since the Melanie Benton killing. | 这房子基本上空置着 |
[30:57] | Maybe the reason they couldn’t find Matt Benton | 也许他们找不到马特·本顿 |
[30:59] | is because he never left. | 是因为他从未离开过 |
[31:01] | He could’ve been living here the whole time. | 他可能一直都住在这里 |
[31:05] | And maybe he’s here right now. | 或许他现在就在这 |
[31:07] | Open the door. | 去开门 |
[31:22] | Oh, my god. My heart. | 我的上帝啊 我的心脏 |
[31:24] | I was so scared. | 吓死我了 |
[31:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:31] | Really? Really? | 不是吧 |
[31:35] | I am throwing away this coat. | 这件外套人家不要了 |
[31:38] | Look, his cuffs are monogrammed. | 看 他袖口上绣有字母 |
[31:41] | “M.B.” “M.B.” | |
[31:42] | Looks like you were right, Castle. | 看来你的推断是正确的 |
[31:44] | Matt Benton never did leave the McClaren Mansion. | 马特·本顿从没离开麦拉伦老宅 |
[31:53] | Dental records confirm it. | 牙科档案证实 |
[31:54] | That’s Matt Benton. | 他就是马特·本顿 |
[31:56] | Tech really needs better software. | 技术组需要更好的软件 |
[31:58] | Cause of death? | 死因呢 |
[31:59] | Don’t know yet, | 现在还不能确定 |
[32:00] | but I’m guessing it wasn’t the world’s longest game of hide-and-seek. | 但我认为肯定不是因为藏猫猫藏久了藏死的 |
[32:03] | How long was he in there for? | 他死了多久了 |
[32:04] | Still waiting on the test results, | 还在等测试结果 |
[32:05] | but the prelim reports on the tissue samples suggests | 组织样本的初步报告显示 |
[32:08] | he died about 20 years ago. | 他死了将近二十年 |
[32:10] | Okay, so then odds are | 那么有可能 |
[32:11] | he was killed at the same time his wife Melanie was. | 他和他妻子在同一时间被杀 |
[32:14] | So the killer hides Matt’s body, | 凶手藏匿马特的尸体 |
[32:16] | making it appear as though he fled, | 让人误以为马特是凶手 |
[32:17] | framing Matt for his wife’s murder, | 杀妻后畏罪潜逃 |
[32:19] | and throwing everyone off the trail of the real killer. | 让所有人都放弃寻找真凶 |
[32:21] | And it worked, too, for 20 years. | 它奏效了 二十年来没人发现 |
[32:23] | Yeah, until Jack Sinclair showed up. | 直到杰克·辛克莱出现 |
[32:25] | – Let me know about the test results. – Okay. | -测试结果出来通知我 -好的 |
[32:29] | How’d that double date go? | 四人晚餐吃的愉快吗 |
[32:33] | I-I just… | 我只是 |
[32:36] | You guys… One thing. | 还有件事 |
[32:39] | If Matt was killed 20 years ago, | 如果马特二十年前就被杀了 |
[32:41] | then how’d he send those postcards to Pete 15 years ago? | 那他十五年前是如何寄那些明信片给彼得的 |
[32:46] | I think it’s time we took a harder look at Pete Benton. | 我想是时候好好查查彼得·本顿了 |
[32:49] | Don’t ask about the date. | 别问约会的事 |
[32:53] | Look, I said I’m sorry, okay? | 我说了我很抱歉 好吗 |
[32:55] | I didn’t mean to jinx the dinner. | 我不是故意乌鸦嘴的 |
[32:56] | “This really is the perfect night.” | 真是完美的一晚 |
[32:58] | Jenny got a little caught up in the moment. | 珍妮有点情不自禁 |
[33:00] | “When are you two getting married”? | 你俩什么时候结婚 |
[33:01] | That’s a question you do not ask. | 那是决不能问的问题 |
[33:05] | All right, you know, it’s– | 好吧 其实 |
[33:06] | it’s not entirely you guys’ fault. | 不完全是你们的错 |
[33:08] | You guys have a big fight after? | 你们俩后来大吵了一架吗 |
[33:09] | Big fight? No. | 大吵 没有 |
[33:11] | Mega fight? Yes. | 比大吵更厉害 |
[33:12] | The point is… we, um, | 重点是 我们 |
[33:15] | we decided that we’re gonna cool things off. | 我们决定分开冷静下 |
[33:17] | What, you mean split up? | 什么 你是说你们分手了 |
[33:18] | Yeah. Just until we both figure out what we want. | 是的 直到我们弄清楚彼此想要什么 |
[33:21] | Man, I’m so sorry. | 哥们 我很抱歉 |
[33:22] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[33:23] | Look, brother, if you need me for anything, | 哥们 如果你需要我 |
[33:25] | you know I’m always here to– what? | 不管什么事我都挺你 怎么了 |
[33:29] | Well, maybe nothing, but… | 也许不是重要发现 但 |
[33:30] | This lightbulb… | 这个灯泡 |
[33:32] | is brand-new. | 是新的 |
[33:34] | Are you kidding me? | 你们在跟我开玩笑吗 |
[33:36] | Detective, this is bordering on harassment. | 探长 这算得上是骚扰了 |
[33:38] | I told you everything I know about my brother. | 我已经告诉了你关于我弟弟的一切 |
[33:40] | Not everything. | 你隐瞒了一些 |
[33:40] | You were engaged once, weren’t you, Mr. Benton? | 你曾经订过婚 不是吗 本顿先生 |
[33:43] | To a Melanie Wendell. | 同梅兰妮·温德尔 |
[33:44] | Until Melanie broke it off | 后来梅兰妮悔婚 |
[33:45] | and married your brother instead. | 转而嫁给了你弟弟 |
[33:49] | Things didn’t work out for us. | 我们没能走到最后 |
[33:51] | I didn’t expect Melanie to stay single forever. | 我没期望梅兰妮会一直单身 |
[33:54] | But you never married, | 但是你再没结过婚 |
[33:56] | Because you never got over her, did you? | 因为你从未忘记过她 对吗 |
[33:57] | Who really sent those postcards, Pete? | 彼得 寄那些明信片的到底是谁 |
[33:59] | Did you send ’em yourself? | 是你自己寄的吗 |
[34:00] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你们在胡说什么啊 |
[34:01] | My brother sent me those postcards. | 我弟弟寄给我的 |
[34:03] | You and I both know that’s not possible. | 你我都知道那是不可能的 |
[34:05] | Your brother has been dead for 20 years. | 你弟弟已经死了二十年了 |
[34:10] | What? | 什么 |
[34:11] | We found his remains in the McClaren house. | 我们在麦拉伦老宅发现了他的尸体 |
[34:14] | It’s over. | 事情败露了 |
[34:15] | You think I killed my brother? | 你以为是我杀了自己弟弟 |
[34:17] | You think I killed Melanie? | 你以为是我杀了梅兰妮 |
[34:18] | Where were you that night, Pete? | 那晚你在哪 彼得 |
[34:23] | I’ll tell you exactly where I was. | 我会明明白白地告诉你那晚我在哪 |
[34:27] | I went to dinner with my friend Marie– | 我和我朋友玛丽共进晚餐 |
[34:30] | 73, Cafe Jouer. | 73街 如爱餐馆 |
[34:34] | We were out by 9:00. | 我们九点离开的 |
[34:34] | We stopped at Dorian’s for a drink. | 后来我们去杜兰酒吧喝酒 |
[34:37] | I had a 7 and 7. | 我点了杯七七 [鸡尾酒] |
[34:39] | Our server was Patrick. | 为我们服务的是帕特克 |
[34:43] | When something like that happens, | 那样的事情发生时 |
[34:44] | it’s burned into your brain. | 它会深深地刻在你脑海里 |
[34:46] | Every detail of what happened the night you heard. | 那晚你听到的每个细节 |
[34:48] | I couldn’t forget it if I tried. | 我怎么忘也忘不掉 |
[34:55] | We’re gonna have to verify your story, Pete. | 彼得 我们会去证实你的说辞 |
[34:57] | So… My– | 这么说 我 |
[34:59] | my brother didn’t kill Melanie? | 梅兰妮不是我弟弟杀死的 |
[35:01] | We don’t think so. | 我们不认为是他干的 |
[35:03] | I’ve always assumed that he did. | 我一直以为是他做的 |
[35:04] | Matt had a terrible temper. | 马特脾气暴躁 |
[35:06] | He was convinced that Melanie was cheating on him. | 他坚信梅兰妮出轨了 |
[35:09] | Was she? | 她有吗 |
[35:10] | Wouldn’t surprise me if she was. | 如果她有我也不会感到震惊 |
[35:12] | Matt thought it was somebody at work. | 马特怀疑是与她共事的人 |
[35:15] | It wasn’t someone Melanie worked with. | 不是跟梅兰妮共事的人 |
[35:16] | I just tracked down George Banner, | 我刚跟乔治·本纳谈过 |
[35:18] | Melanie’s manager at Fly-wide Travel from 20 years ago. | 二十年前梅兰妮在畅游旅行的上司 |
[35:21] | He said Melanie had two coworkers, | 他说梅兰妮有两个同事 |
[35:23] | both guys… | 都是男的 |
[35:24] | – Married… – Still? | -已婚 -结婚也可以乱搞嘛 |
[35:25] | to each other. | 同性婚姻 |
[35:27] | Well, Fly-wide was in a high-rise in midtown. | 畅游以前在市中心的高层写字楼 |
[35:30] | So maybe it was someone else in the building. | 也许出轨的对象是楼里的其他人 |
[35:32] | Let’s get a list of all the tenants that were there | 我们去查查当年梅兰妮在那工作时 |
[35:33] | when Melanie worked there. | 还有哪些人租了写字楼 |
[35:34] | I’m not sure that’s necessary. | 我想没这个必要了 |
[35:36] | Remember the lightbulb I took from that secret room? | 还记得我从那个密室里拿的灯泡吗 |
[35:37] | – Yeah. – Well, I traced the serial number. | -当然 -我去查了灯泡的序列号 |
[35:39] | It belongs to a lot that was sold by the manufacturer | 那个灯泡是厂商直销给福勒物业 |
[35:41] | directly to Fuller Estate Management. | 一批灯泡中的一个 |
[35:44] | – As in Steve Fuller? – Owner of the McClaren mansion. | -史蒂夫·福勒的公司吗 -正是麦拉伦老宅宅主 |
[35:46] | That means that Fuller knew about that room | 那也就是说福勒知道那间密室的存在 |
[35:48] | and didn’t tell us. | 却没告诉我们 |
[35:49] | There’s only reason why he wouldn’t tell us… | 而他故意隐瞒只有一个理由 |
[35:53] | because he’s the killer. | 那就是他才是真正的凶手 |
[35:55] | Maybe Matt Benton was right about | 也许马特·本顿猜得没错 |
[35:56] | Melanie having an affair, | 梅兰妮的确有外遇 |
[35:57] | only wrong about who she was having the affair with. | 但是他却猜错了她的外遇对象 |
[36:00] | – But — – And when things went bad, he killed her, | -但是 -当事情败露后 他就杀了她 |
[36:02] | killed Matt, and stashed his body in his own house | 还有马特 然后把尸体藏在自己的房子里 |
[36:04] | where he knew no one would find it. | 他知道没人找得到 |
[36:05] | And he planned on destroying the evidence. | 而且他还计划要毁尸灭迹 |
[36:07] | He wanted to have the house torn down | 他在那几起谋杀案过后 |
[36:08] | right after those murders, | 还想拆掉房子 |
[36:09] | – but it was declared a landmark. – Y — | -但房子却被列为地标 -慢 |
[36:10] | So he used that passageway to scare off | 于是他就利用密道来吓走租客 |
[36:12] | tenants like the Boyers, growing the mansion’s legend | 比如博伊尔一家 让鬼宅越传越邪 |
[36:14] | so that no one would want to live there. | 以至于没人再敢住进去了 |
[36:16] | And then when Jack Sinclair came sniffing around, | 然后杰克·辛克莱又跑来四处打探 |
[36:17] | he had to kill him, too. | 他不得再开杀戒 |
[36:18] | You guys. | 说完了吧 |
[36:20] | Great story. The D.A. will never buy it. | 故事很精彩 但是检察官才不会买账呢 |
[36:23] | It’s all circumstantial. | 这不能直接证明他有罪 |
[36:24] | She’s right. | 她说得没错 |
[36:25] | Anyone could’ve put that bulb in there. | 可能是任何人安装的灯泡 |
[36:27] | We have no proof. | 我们没有证据 |
[36:30] | But we will. | 证据会有的 |
[36:32] | And I think I know just how to get Mr. Fuller | 我想我有办法让福勒先生 |
[36:34] | to give up the ghost. | 把心中的鬼给招出来 |
[36:43] | – Think he’ll show? – I don’t know. | -你觉得他会来吗 -不知道 |
[36:46] | – You told him about tomorrow, right? – Yes, Castle. | -你跟他说了明天的事了吧 -说了 卡塞尔 |
[36:48] | He thinks we’re going through that wall in the morning. | 他以为我们明天就要近密室一探究竟 |
[36:51] | So if Fuller’s our guy, | 所以如果福勒就是凶手的话 |
[36:52] | he should be coming for Matt Benton’s body tonight. | 他今晚就该来转移马特·本顿的尸体 |
[36:55] | If he’s our guy. I mean, he might not be our guy. | 前提是他是真凶 备不住根本就不是他干的 |
[36:59] | And yet, there he is. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[37:03] | Of course, he might just be here to fix a busted toilet. | 当然啦 他也有可能是来修马桶的 |
[37:22] | Need a hand with that, Fuller? | 需要帮忙吗 福勒 |
[37:26] | Detective Smith? | 史密斯警探 |
[37:28] | Detective Beckett. | 贝克特探长 |
[37:30] | It was…you… | 一直以来 |
[37:32] | all this time. Why? | 都是你 为什么 |
[37:36] | You know, he was abusing her. | 你知道吗 他一直对她施暴 |
[37:39] | Terrible things. | 下手残忍 |
[37:40] | I don’t think a month went by, | 我们没有一个月 |
[37:41] | we didn’t get called up to this house. | 不接到来自这里的报警电话的 |
[37:42] | And one day, I stopped by in the afternoon to check on her. | 我有一天下午过来 想看看她是否一切都好 |
[37:45] | You were the affair. | 你是她的外遇对象 |
[37:46] | It wasn’t an affair. | 那根本不是外遇 |
[37:48] | It was love. | 而是爱 |
[37:49] | Then why’d you kill her? | 那你为什么要杀她 |
[37:52] | I didn’t mean to. It just… | 我没想要杀她 但是 |
[37:54] | She wanted to call it off with me. | 她想跟我分手 |
[37:55] | And I couldn’t let that happen. | 我无法接受 |
[37:57] | And Matt Benton? | 那马特·本顿呢 |
[37:58] | The way he treated her, he deserved what he got. | 他那样对待她 纯属是死有余辜 |
[38:00] | And as the lead officer, | 作为案件的主要负责人 |
[38:01] | you knew you could steer the investigation off yourself | 你知道你可以把调查方向引开 |
[38:04] | and on to someone they’d never find. | 引到一个他们永远都找不到的人身上 |
[38:05] | And then you sent those postcards | 然后你又寄来了那些明信片 |
[38:07] | to keep your suspect alive. | 让人们以为你的疑犯还活着 |
[38:08] | I had ’em think that he did it. | 我让大家以为他才是凶手 |
[38:11] | It was his fault anyway. | 反正这一切本来也都是他的错 |
[38:12] | What about Jack Sinclair? How’d you find out about him? | 那杰克·辛克莱呢 你是怎么知道他来打探 |
[38:15] | I promised Fuller that I would solve this case one day. | 我答应过福勒 我总有一天要破了这个案子 |
[38:19] | I asked him to keep me informed of any developments. | 我让他无论有任何进展都通知我 |
[38:22] | So that when Jack contacted Fuller about the crime scene, | 所以当杰克联系福勒提及犯罪现场时 |
[38:25] | he called you. | 他给你打了电话 |
[38:26] | And when we told Fuller we were gonna | 当我们告诉福勒 我们准备 |
[38:28] | check out that room tomorrow, | 明天清查那个房间的时候 |
[38:30] | he called you then, too. | 他也打了电话给你 |
[38:32] | You’re both very smart. | 你们俩都很聪明 |
[38:34] | But you’re forgetting one thing. | 但是你们忘了一件事 |
[38:36] | This house is haunted. | 这个房子闹鬼 |
[38:42] | Thanks for the gun, detective. I really appreciate it. | 谢谢你的枪 探长 真的很感谢 |
[38:45] | You know, I felt bad about Sinclair. I really did. | 我对辛克莱表示遗憾 真的 |
[38:49] | But he knew too much about that night, | 但那晚的事他知道的太多了 |
[38:51] | stuff that wasn’t in the papers. | 连报上没登的也知道 |
[38:52] | So he had to go. | 所以他不得不死 |
[38:55] | Get on your knees. | 跪下 |
[38:56] | Don’t worry, Castle. He’s not gonna shoot us. | 别担心 卡塞尔 他不会开枪的 |
[38:59] | That won’t fit the legend. | 那就与传说不符了 |
[39:04] | Any more helpful hints you’d care to pass along to our killer? | 你还有什么有用信息要跟凶手讲吗 |
[39:07] | On your knees. | 跪下 |
[39:08] | I don’t think so, Addison. | 我不要 艾迪森 |
[39:09] | Y-you see, the demon | 你也知道 恶鬼只有在 |
[39:11] | only really kills when no one’s looking. | 神不知鬼不觉的情况下才杀人 |
[39:14] | And tonight, we have an audience. | 但今晚 我们可是有观众 |
[39:20] | They recorded your full confession. | 你招供他们都记录下来了 |
[39:27] | You have a right to remain silent. | 你有权利保持沉默 |
[39:28] | So busted. | 人赃并获呀 |
[39:29] | Ghost busted, | 鬼赃并获 |
[39:31] | thanks to Lulu. | 多亏了露露啊 |
[39:32] | It’s the least I could do for him, you know? | 为了他 这点小事不足挂齿 |
[39:35] | For Jack. | 我是说杰克 |
[39:38] | So Fuller had no idea about that room? | 这么说福勒根本不知道有密室 |
[39:40] | Well, like we said before, anyone could’ve grabbed | 就像我们说的那样 灯泡可能是任何人 |
[39:43] | the lightbulb from another part of the house | 从宅子哪个房间取下来 |
[39:45] | and placed it there. I guess Smith did it. | 然后安进去的 看来就是史密斯了 |
[39:47] | He’s in with the D.A. right now writing his confession. | 他现在在检察官办公室写认罪书呢 |
[39:50] | Yeah, well, what I don’t get is, | 我不明白的是 |
[39:51] | if he was so in love with Melanie, why would he kill her? | 如果他那么爱梅兰妮 为什么还要杀她呢 |
[39:53] | He said that a demon made him do it. | 他说他是被恶鬼逼他做的 |
[39:55] | Just laying the groundwork for his insanity plea, I’m sure. | 我敢说他只是为用精神失常辩护做铺垫罢了 |
[39:58] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[39:59] | Oh, come on, Castle, even you have to admit, | 拜托 卡塞尔 就算是你也得承认 |
[40:02] | everything — every haunting, every death, | 这一切 每个闹鬼的传说 每起凶案 |
[40:05] | everything even remotely connected | 每件跟麦拉伦老宅闹鬼 |
[40:07] | to paranormal activity in the McClaren house | 扯得上一丁点关系的事 |
[40:09] | can be explained by that passageway. | 都能被密道解释 |
[40:11] | I don’t know. | 这我可说不准 |
[40:12] | What about last night when we were in the living room? | 那咱们昨天晚上在客厅的时候呢 |
[40:14] | How about the door, the light, the candle? | 门突然关上 灯和蜡烛熄灭的事呢 |
[40:17] | Old wiring, drafty house. | 线路老旧 到处漏风 |
[40:19] | Or maybe it was something more. | 也许不只是这样呢 |
[40:21] | Think about it, if you hadn’t gone looking for | 你好好想想 要不是你想知道 |
[40:23] | the draft that blew out the candle | 吹灭蜡烛的风是从哪里吹进来的 |
[40:25] | you would never have found the passageway | 你也就不会发现密道 |
[40:27] | or Matt Benton’s body. | 更不会发现马特·本顿的尸体 |
[40:28] | Spell it out for those of us that are paranormally impaired. | 就跟我这个不信鬼神的人直说吧 |
[40:32] | Maybe someone wanted us to find that passageway. | 也许是有人想让我们发现密道 |
[40:35] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[40:37] | Jack Sinclair’s ghost | 杰克·辛克莱的鬼魂 |
[40:39] | was helping solve his own murder. | 在帮我们侦破他自己的凶杀案 |
[40:46] | Okay, I’ll tell you what. | 好吧 这样好了 |
[40:48] | I will admit to that possibility | 只要你承认世界上没有恶鬼 |
[40:50] | – if you admit there is no demon. – Done. | -我就承认这种可能性 -成交 |
[40:59] | Did anyone see… | 有人看到 |
[41:01] | That was weird. | 这还真是诡异 |
[41:06] | Hi, dad. | 老爸 |
[41:07] | Hey, you’re up late. | 你还没睡呢 |
[41:09] | Playing skype-tag with Ashley? | 还跟阿什利视频捉迷藏呢 |
[41:11] | No. We finally connected. | 没 我们终于聊上了 |
[41:13] | Ah. Was it everything you hoped for | 是正如你所期待的那样 |
[41:15] | in a peer-to-peer video conference and more? | 而且更精彩吗 |
[41:18] | Honestly, it was… | 说实话 |
[41:20] | blah. | 还真不怎么样 |
[41:21] | I mean, he was preoccupied, and I was tired. | 他心不在焉 我也累得半死 |
[41:23] | And this whole time-difference thing is a real drag. | 而且我们俩又有时差 烦死了 |
[41:26] | Nobody said that long distance was easy. | 异地恋不容易是人尽皆知的事实 |
[41:28] | Yeah, but is it supposed to be this hard? | 是啊 但我也没想到会这么不容易呀 |
[41:31] | Well, I can tell you this… | 这么说吧 |
[41:34] | Any relationship | 任何一段 |
[41:36] | that lasts longer than a breath mint | 十分钟以上的恋情 |
[41:37] | is going to have challenges. | 都会面临各式各样的挑战 |
[41:39] | But if a relationship doesn’t work out, | 但是如果一段恋情最终结束了 |
[41:41] | it’s usually not because of the challenges. | 通常都不是因为遇到了挑战 |
[41:44] | It’s usually because | 而是因为 |
[41:46] | the relationship wasn’t strong enough to begin with. | 这段恋情一开始就不够牢固 |
[41:50] | Does this help? | 好受点了吗 |
[41:53] | – Not really. – Yeah. | -没 -我想也是 |
[41:58] | But this always does. | 但是你的肩膀总会给我安慰 |
[42:03] | I can promise you this… | 我可以向你保证 |
[42:06] | if two people believe in something, really believe, | 只要两个人有共同的信仰 坚定的信仰 |
[42:10] | anything, even the impossible, | 那么任何事 哪怕是最不可能的事 |
[42:13] | is possible. | 都会变成可能 |
[42:18] | Even… | 就连 |
[42:19] | flesh-eating zombies? | 食人僵尸也可能吗 |
[42:22] | Oh, especially flesh-eating zombies. | 尤其是食人僵尸 |
[42:26] | Now where were we? | 咱们上次看到哪了 |
[42:27] | Yeah, right there. | 就在这 |