时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们 先生们 |
[00:04] | the evidence tells us well beyond a reasonable doubt | 证据确凿 无可置疑 |
[00:07] | that Otis Williams is guilty. | 被告奥蒂斯·威廉斯是有罪的 |
[00:09] | Now he shot and killed Lyla Addison. | 他射杀了莱拉·埃迪森 |
[00:13] | And for what? | 动机为何 |
[00:14] | For her car. Her car. | 就为了她的车 区区一辆车 |
[00:16] | But that was not the end of Mr. Williams’ savagery. | 但威廉斯先生并未就此停止暴行 |
[00:19] | He tossed her body into a trunk and went on a joyride. | 他把死者尸首扔进车尾箱后 驾车兜风 |
[00:23] | Now the defense can make up any stories they want, | 辩方纵然可以砌词狡辩 |
[00:27] | but those stories do not negate the facts. | 却无法否定事实真相 |
[00:29] | And the facts are that Mr. Williams | 那就是威廉斯先生 |
[00:31] | was caught in the victim’s car, | 是在死者车中遇捕 |
[00:33] | his fingerprints were all over it, | 车子布满他的指纹 |
[00:35] | and her blood was on his clothes. | 他的衣服上沾有死者的血迹 |
[00:38] | The true administration of justice | 真正的司法公正 |
[00:41] | is the firmest foundation of good government. | 乃善政的磐石之基 |
[00:46] | Now this should be a challenge to each and every one of you. | 本案将是对在座每一位的一次挑战 |
[00:50] | You are the 12 people in this world | 在座12位是这个世界上唯一 |
[00:53] | that can bring justice to Lyla Addison. | 能为莱拉·埃迪森伸张正义的人 |
[01:02] | Help me. | 救我 |
[01:03] | – Help. – Excuse me, sir. You can’t– | -救我 -抱歉 先生 你不能… |
[01:07] | Order. | 肃静 |
[01:09] | Order. | 肃静 |
[01:11] | Call the paramedics. | 叫救护人员来 |
[01:17] | Are you trying to kill me? What’s in this? | 你想谋杀亲子吗 里头放了什么啊 |
[01:19] | Everything you need for a healthier and longer life. | 保你健康长寿的各种所需营养 |
[01:22] | What is the sense of living longer if you have to drink that? | 要喝这种东西来延年益寿又有何意义 |
[01:25] | Ahh. That’s the stuff. | 啊 健康全靠它了 |
[01:27] | Good morning. | 早啊 |
[01:28] | – Good morning, darling. – Hey. Hey, why aren’t you in school? | -早 宝贝 -嗨 你怎么还不去上学 |
[01:30] | – It’s faculty development day. – Perfect, | -今天是教师发展日 -好极了 |
[01:33] | because do you know what’s playing at the Angelika? | 因为你知道安吉里卡影城在放什么片吗 |
[01:36] | “Forbidden Planet.” | 《禁忌星球》[经典科幻片] |
[01:37] | Leslie Nielsen, long before his comic glory. | 莱斯利·尼尔森主演 那时他还不是著名谐星 |
[01:39] | You remember how much you used to love this? | 你记得你有多爱这部片子吗 |
[01:41] | – Want to go with me? Sorry, I can’t. | -咱俩一起去看吧 -抱歉 我去不了 |
[01:43] | I made plans to spend the day in the village. | 我本就打算今天去格林威治村 |
[01:45] | Delicious. Um, bye, grams. | 很好喝 拜拜 奶奶 |
[01:47] | – Bye, dad. – Bye. | -老爸再见 -再见 |
[01:52] | Mother, did you see that? Alexis lied. | 妈 你瞧见了吗 阿丽克西斯撒谎了 |
[01:54] | She did not. She loves my breakfast smoothies. | 她哪有 她不晓得多爱我的早餐特饮 |
[01:56] | No, no, not about that. | 不 我不是说这事 |
[01:57] | About where she’s going today. | 她骗我们说今天要去村子 |
[01:59] | Her nose crinkled. That’s her tell. | 她皱了下鼻子 她一撒谎就会这样 |
[02:00] | Oh, honey, come on. | 亲爱的 别多疑了 |
[02:01] | This is not the World Series of Poker. | 这又不是世界扑克锦标赛现场 |
[02:03] | I’m telling you, she’s up to something. | 听我的没错 她肯定另有计划 |
[02:06] | What about you? You want to go to the movies? | 那你呢 你想陪我去看电影吗 |
[02:08] | No can do, kiddo. | 儿子 我也不行 |
[02:09] | Gotta meet with my contractor at the studio. | 我约了承包商在工作室见 |
[02:11] | Well, then it looks like I’m going by myself. | 那看来我只能自己去了 |
[02:16] | Or maybe… | 或许… |
[02:18] | not at all. | 不用去了 |
[02:20] | For Richard Castle, press 1. | 找理查德·卡塞尔 请按1 |
[02:25] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[02:26] | Why were there news vans out front? | 为什么正门那么多新闻采访车 |
[02:28] | Because of who our victim is Joe McUsic. | 因为本案的被害人是乔·麦丘茨克 |
[02:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[02:32] | Juror number seven in the Lyla Addison case. | 莱拉·埃迪森一案的7号陪审员 |
[02:35] | The Addison case, seriously? | 埃迪森一案 说真的吗 |
[02:36] | – What happened? – He dropped dead during the closing argument. | -出什么事了 -他在律师做结案陈词时猝死了 |
[02:39] | Lanie thinks that he was poisoned. | 蕾妮认为他是被毒死的 |
[02:40] | Heir to the Addison Fortune is murdered, | 埃迪森财团的继承人惨遭谋杀 |
[02:42] | and during the trial a juror is murdered as well. | 然后此案的陪审员之一也在庭上被杀 |
[02:45] | This has all the makings of a John Grisham novel. | 这完全就是约翰·葛里逊小说里的情节 |
[02:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[02:48] | I’m, uh, texting my poker group, calling dibs on this story. | 我在发短信给牌友 抢这则新闻的首发啊 |
[02:57] | He was poisoned, all right. | 他的确是被毒死的 |
[02:58] | Pink lividity, the smell of bitter almonds– | 尸斑呈粉红色 尸体散发苦杏仁味 |
[03:00] | test strip came back positive for cyanide. | 试纸呈氰化物阳性反应 |
[03:03] | Cyanide? That is fantastic. | 氰化物 太妙了 |
[03:06] | Unless you’re the juror. | 但对陪审员来说是晴天霹雳 |
[03:08] | There were no puncture marks on the body, | 尸体上没有任何刺孔 |
[03:11] | so it was ingested. | 毒物是经口摄入的 |
[03:12] | That’s an odd way to kill. | 这样杀人太奇怪了 |
[03:13] | Not for Nazis or evil dictators. | 对纳粹和邪恶的独裁者来说 不算怪 |
[03:16] | How did he ingest it? | 他是怎么摄入的 |
[03:17] | Brownish stains in his mouth indicate he recently had coffee. | 口腔内有褐色小点 说明他之前喝过咖啡 |
[03:20] | Maybe it was in there. | 也许咖啡里有毒 |
[03:21] | After he consumed the poison, how long before he died? | 在他摄入毒物后 隔了多久才死亡 |
[03:24] | No more than 15 minutes. | 不多于15分钟 |
[03:25] | According to the court clerk, | 据法庭书记员称 |
[03:27] | Mr. McUsic arrived this morning at 8:37 | 麦丘茨克先生于今早8:37到达法庭 |
[03:29] | and died at approximately 9:13. | 而后于9:13左右死亡 |
[03:32] | 15 minutes. | 15分钟 |
[03:32] | That means that he was poisoned at the courthouse. | 也就是说他是在法院内遭投毒的 |
[03:35] | – And who benefits from a dead juror? – The defendant. | -陪审员死了 谁会得益 -被告 |
[03:39] | Then we agree. | 英雄所见略同 |
[03:41] | The defendant, Otis Williams. | 被告是奥蒂斯·威廉斯 |
[03:43] | This guy’s a real dirtbag’s dirtbag. | 这家伙是个无恶不作的混蛋 |
[03:45] | Grand theft auto, aggravated assault, attempted murder. | 特大汽车盗窃 恶性伤人 谋杀未遂 |
[03:48] | Dirtbag trifecta, which means, if convicted, | “三宗罪混蛋” 这就是说一旦罪名成立 |
[03:51] | – he’d go away for a long time. – Life without parole. | -他得蹲很久牢房 -无期徒刑 不得假释 |
[03:53] | I bet the D.A. would ask for the needle | 如果纽约州还能执行死刑 |
[03:55] | if New York still had the death penalty. | 地方检察官肯定会提出注射死刑 |
[03:56] | They caught him in the stolen car | 他们在失车上捉到他 |
[03:57] | with Lyla Addison’s body in the trunk. | 莱拉·埃迪森的尸体就在车尾箱里 |
[03:59] | They got his fingerprints, traces of the victim’s blood. | 他们找到了他的指纹 死者的血迹 |
[04:01] | This guy’s way past guilty. | 这家伙罪有攸归 |
[04:03] | So this is jury intimidation at its finest. | 这才是恐吓陪审团的最佳手段 |
[04:06] | You kill a juror, you not only guarantee a mistrial, | 你杀了陪审员 不仅能让审判无效 |
[04:09] | but it also serves as a warning | 还能杀鸡儆猴 |
[04:10] | for any future jurors on a retrial. | 借此恐吓今后重审的陪审员 |
[04:12] | I mean, who wants to serve on a jury | 我意思是 如果当陪审员会招来 |
[04:13] | if there’s a chance of being killed? | 杀身之祸 谁愿意当啊 |
[04:14] | But we know Otis didn’t do it. | 但我们知道奥蒂斯不是凶手 |
[04:16] | He’s been incarcerated since his arrest. | 自他被捕后就一直处于监禁中 |
[04:18] | He might have had an accomplice. | 他可能有同伙 |
[04:20] | Whoever poisoned Joe McUsic somehow did it in this building | 乔·麦丘茨克死前15分钟 就是在这栋楼里 |
[04:23] | 15 minutes before he died. | 遭凶手投毒的 |
[04:25] | I’ll get with security, pull the surveillance footage | 我去找保安调出楼内所有走廊和 |
[04:27] | from all the corridors and common rooms. | 公共休息室的监控录像带 |
[04:28] | I’ll talk to the jurors. Someone might have seen something. | 我去跟陪审员们谈谈 也许有人看到了什么 |
[04:31] | All right. | 好的 |
[04:35] | Why don’t we see what Mr. Otis Williams has to say for himself? | 我们去问问奥蒂斯·威廉斯先生 看他怎么说吧 |
[04:41] | Counselor. | 辩方律师 |
[04:43] | Detective Beckett. | 我是贝克特探长 |
[04:44] | I’d like to speak with your client. | 我想和你的当事人谈谈 |
[04:45] | Detective, anything we have to say about Lyla Addison, | 探长 关于莱拉·埃迪森一案 |
[04:47] | we’ve said during the trial. | 要说的我们都在庭上说了 |
[04:48] | I’m not here about Ms. Addison. | 我不是为埃迪森一案而来的 |
[04:49] | I’m here about juror number seven. | 我是为7号陪审员一案来的 |
[04:51] | Okay. What’s about him? | 好吧 他怎么了 |
[04:53] | – He was murdered. – Murdered? | -他是被谋杀的 -谋杀 |
[04:55] | I thought he died of a seizure or some other natural cause. | 我以为他是死于癫痫或是别的自然因素 |
[04:58] | There’s nothing natural about cyanide poisoning. | 氰化物中毒可不是什么自然因素 |
[05:01] | Okay, look, my client doesn’t know anything about that, | 听着 我的当事人对此一无所知 |
[05:03] | and there’s no way I’m letting him talk to you. | 我也绝不会允许你们问他话 |
[05:04] | Now if you’ll excuse us, we’re due in court. | 失陪 我们还要上庭 |
[05:06] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[05:11] | In light of the shocking circumstances | 考虑到7号陪审员猝死 |
[05:13] | of juror number seven’s death, | 这一震惊的突发情况 |
[05:14] | it is my belief that this particular jury | 本席相信参与本案的陪审团 |
[05:16] | is no longer capable of reaching a fair verdict. | 已无法再作出公平的判决 |
[05:19] | Therefore, I have no choice but to declare a mistrial. | 故本席只能无奈宣告 本次审判无效 |
[05:22] | Uh, your honor, the people intend to refile charges. | 法官阁下 原告将会再度提出指控 |
[05:24] | Noted. | 记录在案 |
[05:25] | Until then, Mr. Williams will be remanded. | 在此之前 威廉斯将还押候审 |
[05:28] | This hearing is adjourned. | 本次听证会延期举行 |
[05:30] | You call this justice, your honor? | 法官阁下 这能叫正义吗 |
[05:33] | After what he did to my daughter? | 他可是杀了我女儿啊 |
[05:37] | You… Monster. | 你…这个禽兽 |
[05:38] | Dad! Dad, no. | 爸 爸 冷静 |
[05:41] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |
[05:47] | Looks like Otis’ plan is working. | 看上去奥蒂斯的计划得逞了 |
[05:49] | Yeah, for now. | 嗯 到目前为止 |
[05:52] | Ryan, you find anything yet? | 莱恩 你查到什么了吗 |
[05:54] | Not yet. That building has a lot of cameras. | 暂时没有 那幢大楼里有很多个摄像头 |
[05:56] | Even though we have a very narrow time frame, it’s gonna | 尽管我们要查的时间范围很小 也需要 |
[05:59] | take a couple of hours to get through all of it. | 花上几个小时才能全部看完 |
[06:00] | Maybe we’re wrong about the defendant. | 也许我们对被告的看法是错的 |
[06:01] | Maybe we should be looking at a juror. | 也许我们应该调查一下陪审员 |
[06:03] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[06:04] | Tony Muller. Juror number four. | 托尼·缪勒 4号陪审员 |
[06:07] | He’s been missing since the murder. | 谋杀案发生后他就失踪了 |
[06:08] | He was a no-show for one of our interviews. | 他没有来参加我们的问话 |
[06:10] | He’s not answering his cell. Neighbors saw him | 他也不接电话 邻居们看到他 |
[06:12] | leave his apartment with an overnight bag. | 带着一个过夜行李离开了公寓 |
[06:13] | All right, keep an eye out for him on the video. | 好的 在监控录像上注意一下这个人 |
[06:15] | – I already got an A.P.B.out on him. – Oh, you do? | -我已经对他发了全面通缉 -是吗 |
[06:17] | – Mm-hmm. – Good. | -嗯 -干得不错 |
[06:19] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[06:20] | The brother of your dead juror’s here. | 被害陪审员的弟弟来了 |
[06:25] | I thought courtrooms were supposed to be safe. | 我原以为法庭应该是很安全的 |
[06:27] | I’m so sorry, Mr. McUsic. | 我很抱歉 麦丘茨克先生 |
[06:29] | We’re doing everything we can to figure it out. | 我们正在尽全力查明真相 |
[06:31] | But who would want to hurt Joe? Well, | 但是谁会想要伤害乔呢 |
[06:33] | you know, it might not have to do with your brother. | 有可能和你哥哥本身没有关系 |
[06:35] | It might have to do with the jury that he served on. | 或许和他所在的陪审团有关 |
[06:38] | Did you know that he was assigned the Addison trial? | 你知道他被分配到埃迪森的审判吗 |
[06:40] | No. | 不知道 |
[06:42] | No. I just knew he had jury duty. | 不知道 我只知道他要去做陪审员 |
[06:45] | Can you think of any reasons why your brother might have been | 你能不能想到任何你哥哥偏袒 |
[06:48] | biased either toward or against the defendant? | 或者是反对被告的原因吗 |
[06:52] | when he was a kid, | 当我哥还是个孩子的时候 |
[06:53] | my brother had a few scrapes with the law. | 他做过一些违法的事 |
[06:57] | But he cleaned his life up. | 但他重新做人了 |
[07:00] | He believed in second chances. | 他坚信人应该有第二次机会 |
[07:02] | That’s why he ran the halfway house. | 这就是为什么他要开办过渡教习所的原因 |
[07:06] | What he didn’t believe in were third, fourth, fifth chances. | 但他不相信什么第三 四 五次机会 |
[07:08] | He’d been out there long enough to know, | 他在外面混了很长时间 |
[07:09] | some folks can’t be rehabilitated. | 他知道有些人就是屡教不改 |
[07:15] | Do you know if your brother | 你知道你哥哥 |
[07:16] | had any problems with anyone at work? | 在工作上和谁有矛盾吗 |
[07:18] | I mean, given the kinds of people that he dealt with… | 鉴于和他打交道的人都是… |
[07:21] | No. Joe had a way with folks. | 没有 乔很会与人相处 |
[07:25] | He’d look out for people. | 他很关照他人 |
[07:33] | You think Joe was chosen at random, | 你觉得乔是被随机选中的 |
[07:35] | or do you think he was killed because of his background? | 还是因为他的背景而被杀 |
[07:37] | Well, since this isn’t, in fact, a Grisham novel, | 事实上 由于这不是葛里逊的小说 |
[07:39] | I thought I’d keep an open mind. | 我觉得我得保持一个开阔的思路 |
[07:41] | Hey, Ryan. Can you look into Joe McUsic’s halfway house, | 莱恩 能调查一下乔·麦丘茨克的过渡教习所吗 |
[07:44] | see if he had problems with anyone there? | 看看那里是否有人与他有矛盾 |
[07:45] | I already spoke with staff. | 我已经和那里的员工谈过了 |
[07:46] | They don’t remember any conflicts, | 他们不记得发生过冲突 |
[07:47] | but they’re sending over a | 但为了以防万一 |
[07:48] | list of residents in case. | 他们给我发来了一份常驻人员名单 |
[07:50] | Yo. Our missing juror? | 我们那位失踪的陪审员 |
[07:51] | Troopers picked him up crossing the G.W. Bridge. | 州警在乔治·华盛顿大桥上发现了他 |
[07:53] | They’re bringing him in now. | 他们正把他带到局里来 |
[07:56] | You were leaving town in a hurry, Mr. Muller. | 你出城出得很仓促啊 缪勒先生 |
[07:58] | – Any reason why? – Isn’t it obvious? | -有什么原因吗 -这不明摆的事吗 |
[08:00] | I’m marked for death, man. | 我死定了 老兄 |
[08:02] | Marked for death? | 死定了 |
[08:03] | I didn’t ask for jury duty. I was summoned. | 我并没有要求当陪审员 我是被传唤的 |
[08:06] | They said show up at this time at this place. | 他们说要我在此时此地出现 |
[08:08] | They failed to mention that the defendant’s homeboy | 但他们没告诉我被告的哥们儿 |
[08:10] | – was gonna kill me. – The defendant’s homeboy? | -会来杀我 -被告的哥们儿 |
[08:13] | Yeah. This big scary black guy. | 没错 是个又壮又凶的黑人 |
[08:16] | Exactly what happened, Mr. Muller? | 到底发生了什么 缪勒先生 |
[08:19] | Yesterday, this guy follows me into the courthouse bathroom | 昨天 这家伙尾随我到法庭的厕所里 |
[08:22] | and starts chatting me up about the trial. | 然后开始和我聊关于审判的事 |
[08:24] | – Did he give you his name? – No, no. | -他告诉你他叫什么了吗 -没有 |
[08:26] | But he’s going on and on about how Otis Williams is innocent | 但他一直不停地说奥蒂斯·威廉斯是清白的 |
[08:29] | and how he’s being railroaded by the system. | 他是如何被司法体系所陷害的 |
[08:31] | And then this morning, I see the same guy | 结果今早 我在被告的 |
[08:34] | on the defendant’s side of the gallery | 旁听席前排看到了他 |
[08:35] | in the front row, eyeballing me. | 他在盯着我看 |
[08:38] | Have you ever seen him with Joe? | 你以前看过他和乔在一起吗 |
[08:40] | Yes, which is why when I saw Joe bite it | 见过 所以当我看到乔在我眼前 |
[08:43] | right in front of me, I knew I was next. | 挂掉时 我知道我就是下一个 |
[08:45] | And why should I die? | 干嘛要我去死 |
[08:47] | I was only trying to fulfill my civic responsibilities. | 我只不过在努力履行我的公民义务罢了 |
[08:52] | Thank you for coming in, Mr. Muller. | 谢谢你来这一趟 缪勒先生 |
[08:55] | Now do you think you’ll be able to describe him | 你认为你能把他的长相 |
[08:57] | to our sketch artist? | 描述给我们的速描师吗 |
[08:58] | He–he’s a big scary black guy. | 他是个又壮又凶的黑人 |
[09:00] | It might help if you’re just a little more specific. | 如果你能说得再具体点就会有所帮助 |
[09:02] | Uh, okay. Uh… | 好吧 |
[09:04] | Well, like I said, he’s a– | 就像我所说的 他是… |
[09:06] | he’s a big scary black guy | 他是个又壮又凶的黑人 |
[09:10] | named Wardell Williams. | 名叫沃德尔·威廉斯 |
[09:12] | The defendant’s cousin. | 是被告的堂弟 |
[09:14] | I didn’t–I thought you didn’t know who he was. | 我…我以为你不知道他是谁 |
[09:16] | I didn’t, but there he is. | 我是不知道 不过他不就在那儿吗 |
[09:23] | – Well, a-are you sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[09:25] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[09:26] | While you guys were in the box with Mr. Muller, | 你们在审讯缪勒先生的时候 |
[09:27] | I-I found this on courthouse surveillance. | 我在法庭的监控录像上发现了这个 |
[09:31] | See, that’s Joe the juror at the coffee machine | 看 那是陪审员乔在咖啡机旁 |
[09:33] | roughly 14 minutes before his death, right in our kill zone. | 大约在他死前14分钟 正好在谋杀时间区内 |
[09:39] | – Cousin Wardell. – And watch this. | -是堂弟沃德尔 -再看这个 |
[09:47] | Looks like he makes a killer cup of Joe. | 看上去他给乔了一杯死亡咖啡 |
[09:52] | Too soon? | 玩笑开得太早了吗 |
[10:10] | Now y’all trying to accuse me of murder | 你们就想用这种粗制滥造的 |
[10:11] | with this half-assed version of a Zapruder film? | 泽普鲁德电影来指控我犯了谋杀罪吗 |
[10:14] | You and Otis were more than just cousins. | 你和奥蒂斯不仅仅是堂兄弟的关系 |
[10:16] | Grew up in the same household. | 在同一家庭里长大 |
[10:18] | More like brothers. | 更像是亲兄弟 |
[10:20] | Yeah, me and O. tight. So what? | 没错 我和奥蒂斯关系很铁 那又怎样 |
[10:21] | So it makes sense you’d do anything him, | 这就说明你会为他做一切事情 |
[10:23] | including kill a juror on his murder trial. | 包括杀死一位审判他谋杀案的陪审员 |
[10:26] | Man, y’all reaching. | 老兄 你们太扯了 |
[10:27] | Are we? | 是吗 |
[10:29] | You talked to jurors. That’s jury tampering. | 你和陪审员交谈过 那可是操纵陪审团 |
[10:32] | So accusing one black man of a murder he didn’t commit | 就是说起诉一个并没有犯罪的黑人 |
[10:34] | isn’t good enough for you? Y’all trying for the daily double? | 对你们来说还不满足 你们在尝试双赌法吗 |
[10:37] | Man, I talked to a gang of folks in that courthouse. | 我和那个法庭里面的很多人都聊过天 |
[10:40] | How I’m supposed to know which one of them is a juror? | 我怎么会知道他们中哪个人是陪审员 |
[10:42] | Well, the “Juror” badges on their shirts | 他们衣服上”陪审员”的徽章 |
[10:44] | – might have been a hint. – Using video surveillance footage | -也许是个不错的提示 -通过监控视频的镜头 |
[10:47] | C.S.U. managed to pull joe’s coffee cup out of the garbage. | 鉴证组成功地从垃圾箱中找到了乔的咖啡杯 |
[10:51] | They’re testing it for cyanide. | 他们在检测是否含有氰化物 |
[10:53] | Why don’t you just come clean | 你为何不在我们还能谈条件时 |
[10:54] | while we still got a deal to make? | 交待事实呢 |
[10:55] | Man, I told you, I didn’t do nothin’! | 我跟你说过了 我什么也没做 |
[10:57] | Wardell, sit down before I make you sit down. | 沃德尔 坐下 别逼我动粗 |
[11:05] | So obviously, you must be the bad cop. | 很显然 你是那个唱白脸的警察 |
[11:07] | Guess that makes you the good cop. | 这样你就是唱红脸的咯 |
[11:09] | Actually, I’m not a cop. | 实际上 我不是警察 |
[11:10] | – Oh, you not a cop? – Mr. Castle is a writer. | -你不是警察啊 -卡塞尔先生是位作家 |
[11:14] | He consults with the department on occasion. | 他时不时协助警局办案 |
[11:16] | Oh. So that’s how you two do it? | 你们是这个套路啊 |
[11:19] | You tell the lies, you print the lies? | 你说假话 你写假话 |
[11:22] | Man, y’all framing me just like they did my cousin. | 你们就像他们陷害我堂哥那样来陷害我 |
[11:24] | That whole damn thing a conspiracy. | 那整件事完全是个阴谋 |
[11:26] | Wardell, be serious. | 沃德尔 认真点 |
[11:27] | You don’t think I’m serious? | 你觉得我不是认真的吗 |
[11:29] | Then tell me, why of all the lawyers in the city, | 那告诉我 城里这么多律师 |
[11:32] | the district attorney is trying Otis’ case? | 为什么是地检官接手了奥蒂斯的案子 |
[11:35] | You don’t think it’s ’cause he’s running for mayor | 你不认为这是因为他在竞选市长 |
[11:36] | and he wants to lock my cousin up | 他想通过把我堂哥关起来 |
[11:38] | so all his rich, powerful white friends can feel safe? | 让他那些有钱有权的白人朋友感觉安全吗 |
[11:40] | Look, you’re not doing yourself any favors right now. | 你这么做完全不能帮助你自己 |
[11:43] | You just got it all worked out, huh? | 你们把一切都设计好了 |
[11:45] | You got my cousin O. pulling a Bigger Thomas. | 你们把我堂哥奥蒂斯塑造成比格·托马斯 |
[11:48] | And you got me poisoning this man to get him off. | 然后你们又指控我杀了这个男人来使他脱罪 |
[11:52] | Looks that way. | 看起来是这样的 |
[11:54] | Well, looks don’t make it so. | “看起来”并不代表那是真相 |
[11:57] | Looks like I’m poisoning this man’s coffee… | 看上去我在给这个男人的咖啡下毒 |
[12:01] | when really, all I did was hand it to him. | 其实 我所做的不过是把咖啡递给他 |
[12:06] | -Hey, esposito. – Hmm? | -埃斯波西托 -嗯 |
[12:07] | Can you get a warrant for Wardell’s place, | 去申请沃德尔住所的搜查令 |
[12:09] | – see if there’s any traces of cyanide? – You got it. | -看有没有氰化物残留 -马上去 |
[12:11] | And as they say in legalese, asked and answered. | 正如法律术语中说的 真相大白了 |
[12:14] | It’s too bad. I was hoping there’d be a little more | 真可惜 我本以为这件事 |
[12:16] | to the story than that. | 会牵扯出更多内幕的 |
[12:19] | Hmm. | 哼 |
[12:20] | “Hmm,” what? | 你那声”哼”什么意思 |
[12:22] | Alexis said she’d be in the village today, | 阿丽克西斯说她今天去格林威治村 |
[12:23] | but she’s over in Williamsburg. | 但她其实在威廉斯堡 |
[12:25] | Well, how do you know she’s in Williamsburg? | 你怎么知道她在威廉斯堡 |
[12:26] | GPS tracked her phone. | 用卫星定位她手机 |
[12:28] | You tracked her phone? | 你追踪了她手机吗 |
[12:30] | Yeah. Super cool app I just downloaded. | 是啊 我刚才下载的一个超酷软件 |
[12:32] | I can see where she is at anytime. | 我能随时掌握她的行踪 |
[12:35] | Does she know that you’re doing this? | 她知道你这么做吗 |
[12:38] | What, are you kidding? No, she’d kill me. | 你在开玩笑吗 她会杀了我的 |
[12:40] | And be justified. | 杀你也是你活该 |
[12:42] | I’m her father. | 我是她老爸 |
[12:44] | If something’s going on, I-I need to know. | 要是有什么事 我得知道 |
[12:46] | A lot of parents | 很多家长 |
[12:46] | will go through their kids’ drawers or computers. | 都喜欢翻孩子的抽屉或是电脑 |
[12:49] | Far less intrusive. | 这方法温和多了 |
[12:55] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[12:56] | Joe’s cyanide-laced coffee cup. | 这是乔掺了氰化物的咖啡杯 |
[12:58] | C.S.U. found both Joe and Wardell’s prints on it, | 鉴证组在上面发现乔和沃德尔的指纹 |
[13:01] | but there was something very important missing. | 但少了样重要的东西 |
[13:03] | Cyanide. | 氰化物 |
[13:05] | – Really? – Really. | -真的 -真的 |
[13:06] | Well, how was he poisoned? | 那他怎么被下毒的 |
[13:08] | During the autopsy, I discovered cyanide residue | 解剖时我在处方缓释胶囊内 |
[13:11] | in a prescription time-release capsule. | 发现了氰化物残留物 |
[13:13] | So Joe had a prescription for cyanide? | 乔开了氰化物处方药吗 |
[13:15] | No. He had a prescription for corticosteroids. | 不 他的处方药是皮质激素 |
[13:19] | According to his physician, he took one every morning | 他的内科医生说 他每天早上服一粒 |
[13:21] | for symptoms from lupus. | 治疗狼疮 |
[13:23] | It looks like the killer | 看来有人调换了 |
[13:24] | switched out the contents of Joe’s capsule | 乔的胶囊内含物 |
[13:26] | and replaced it with the cyanide. | 放入了氰化物 |
[13:28] | Okay, so then when Joe was taking his medications, | 就是说乔服药的时候 |
[13:30] | – he unknowingly poisoned himself. – But here’s the rub– | -不知不觉就给自己下毒了 -不过还有个问题 |
[13:33] | since the cyanide was in a time-release capsule | 因为放入氰化物的缓释胶囊 |
[13:36] | designed not to dissolve in stomach acid, | 并不是设计成溶解于胃里的 |
[13:38] | – but in the intestines… – Our timeline is all screwed up. | -而是溶解于肠里 -咱们的时间顺序全乱了 |
[13:40] | Yep, turns out Joe | 没错 实际上乔 |
[13:42] | was poisoned almost one hour before his death | 是在死前一小时左右被下毒的 |
[13:44] | at 8:13 this morning. | 也就是8点13分 |
[13:46] | That’s before he even got to the courthouse. | 那时他都还没抵达法院 |
[13:47] | Which means the killer probably wasn’t there either. | 说明凶手可能也不在那里 |
[13:49] | Then Joe’s death might not have anything to do with the trial. | 就是说乔的死或许跟这场审判根本没关系 |
[13:52] | Well, we learned three very important things. | 我们得知了三个重要线索 |
[13:53] | Firstly, our killer is diabolical. | 第一 凶手足够恶毒 |
[13:56] | You let someone unwittingly kill themselves? | 居然能让人稀里糊涂的自杀 |
[13:58] | Pure evil. | 太邪恶了 |
[13:59] | Second, our killer knew joe or at least knew his habits. | 第二 凶手了解乔 至少了解他的习惯 |
[14:02] | – Third, our killer was a woman. – Hmm? | -第三 凶手是女人 -啊 |
[14:04] | Statistically speaking, poisonings are almost always | 从统计学角度看 下毒这种手段 |
[14:06] | – carried out by the fairer sex. – Ah, but you are missing | -女人才会用 -但你遗漏了 |
[14:09] | – one very important detail, Castle. – Enlighten me. | -一个非常重要的细节 卡塞尔 -点醒我 |
[14:12] | Our killer had access to Joe’s medications, | 凶手能接触到乔的药物 |
[14:14] | medications that he did not keep on him. | 这些药物他根本不带在自己身上 |
[14:16] | – So therefore our killer had access to… – his apartment. | -就是说凶手能接触到他的… -他的住处 |
[14:19] | Bingo. | 没错 |
[14:20] | NYPD. | 纽约警察 |
[14:24] | You know, the murder of Joe the juror | 我说 陪审员乔之死 |
[14:26] | is a real tragedy. | 真是一场悲剧 |
[14:27] | Isn’t every murder a tragedy? | 每宗谋杀不都是悲剧吗 |
[14:29] | Yes, every murder’s a tragedy, but Joe is special. | 对 每宗谋杀都是悲剧 但乔很特别 |
[14:32] | He was a juvenile delinquent who reformed himself, | 他曾是少年犯 他改过自新 |
[14:35] | a born-again citizen | 重新做人 |
[14:37] | who believed in the system and helped out ex-cons. | 他信任法制 帮助有前科的人 |
[14:41] | And what did he get for his trouble? | 而他大费周章得到了什么呢 |
[14:44] | Hmm. Pill full of poison. | 一粒满是毒药的胶囊 |
[14:48] | “Cowards die many times before their death. | “懦夫在未死以前 就已经死过好多次 |
[14:50] | The valiant never taste of death but once.” | 勇士一生只死一次” |
[14:54] | Bro, you’re not Castle. | 老兄 你可不是卡塞尔 |
[14:55] | Yeah, I know I’m not Castle. | 我知道我不是卡塞尔 |
[14:57] | Then stop trying to talk like him. | 那就别再学他讲话 |
[14:59] | What, I’m not allowed to reference the bard? | 难道我就不能引用一下诗人的言语吗 |
[15:05] | I’m a renaissance man. | 我可是很多才多艺的 |
[15:07] | Memorizing one quote does not make you a renaissance man. | 背一句名言可算不上是多才多艺 |
[15:09] | What if I memorized two? | 那我背两句呢 |
[15:11] | Have you memorized two? | 你背够两句了吗 |
[15:13] | No, but what if I did? | 还没 要是我能呢 |
[15:16] | Depends on the quote. | 那就看你背什么了 |
[15:22] | Now who the hell are you? | 你这家伙是谁 |
[15:25] | Hank Ponzell, | 汉克·庞泽尔 |
[15:26] | former resident of Joe McUsic’s halfway house, | 乔·麦丘茨克过渡教习所的前任常驻人员 |
[15:29] | until you were kicked out when Joe denied your extension. | 直到乔拒绝了你的延期并把你赶出去 |
[15:33] | – That had to make you mad, huh, Hank? – You don’t understand. | -你肯定很恼火 汉克 -你们不明白 |
[15:35] | Oh, no. I think we do. Joe kicked you to the curb, | 不 我们明白 乔把你逼得走投无路 |
[15:38] | and you poisoned him. | 于是你就给他下毒 |
[15:39] | Lab report shows that every one of these capsules | 实验室测试结果表明每一个胶囊里 |
[15:41] | – tested positive for cyanide. – If I poisoned him, | -都有氰化物 -要是我给他下毒 |
[15:44] | why would I still be in his apartment? | 我还待在他公寓里干什么 |
[15:45] | To take the rest of the poisoned pills away | 把剩下的胶囊拿走 |
[15:47] | so we couldn’t find them, so you could hide your tracks. | 让我们找不到 就能掩盖你的踪迹 |
[15:50] | I was out of the apartment all day. | 我整天都不在屋里 |
[15:51] | Anyone could’ve gotten in there. And I would never hurt Joe. | 任何人都可能进去 何况我不会伤害乔的 |
[15:56] | He was my friend. | 他是我朋友 |
[15:57] | – Friends like him, huh? – Right? | -就这朋友 -就是 |
[15:59] | I didn’t poison him. Joe was letting me stay there, okay? | 我没给他下毒 乔让我待在那里的 |
[16:02] | I maxed out my time at the halfway house | 我在过渡教习所驻留时间到了上限 |
[16:04] | and didn’t have a place to go. | 可我没有地方去 |
[16:05] | Joe broke the rules and let me crash with him. | 乔破例让我跟他暂住 |
[16:08] | Then why were you playing hide-and-go-seek in his closet? | 那你干嘛在他衣橱里玩捉迷藏 |
[16:11] | I’m a felon on parole. | 我是假释期的重犯 |
[16:12] | I hear cops, and my ex-con instincts kick in. | 我听到警察来 当罪犯当习惯了 就躲了起来 |
[16:15] | Okay, if you were there on the up-and-up, | 好吧 如果你是在改造自己 |
[16:18] | tell us, was Joe in any kind of trouble? | 那告诉我们 乔有什么麻烦吗 |
[16:24] | Look, buddy, | 听着老兄 |
[16:26] | I don’t think you appreciate the situation you’re in. | 我觉得你没太弄明白你的处境 |
[16:28] | You are on parole, | 你还在假释期 |
[16:30] | and you’re up to your neck in a homicide investigation. | 却卷入谋杀案调查之中 |
[16:33] | Now you better start talking, or we’re gonna have you | 你最好老实交代 不然我们会在 |
[16:35] | back in Sing Sing before the evening roll call. | 纽约新新监狱晚上点名前把你送回去 |
[16:37] | All right. Joe had me run errands for him, okay? | 好吧 乔让我帮他跑腿 |
[16:41] | Pick up laundry, go to the bodega, stuff like that. | 取干洗的衣服 去趟酒窖什么的 |
[16:43] | A few weeks ago, he gave me an envelope | 几个周前 他给了我个信封 |
[16:45] | – and told me to take it to this lady. – What was in the envelope? | -让我带给一位女士 -信封里是什么 |
[16:47] | Cash. Like 2 grand. | 现金 大概有两千美金 |
[16:49] | But I don’t know what it was for. I swear. | 但我发誓不知道那是要做什么 |
[16:51] | Joe always talked about how he got out of the criminal life, | 乔总是在谈论他如何脱离了犯罪生涯 |
[16:53] | but maybe he still had a foot in. | 但或许他还没金盆洗手 |
[16:56] | Who was this lady that you delivered the envelope to? | 你把那个信封给了哪位女士 |
[17:01] | Ms. Jenkins? | 詹金斯女士 |
[17:03] | Yes. | 我是 |
[17:06] | Do you live at 3751 West End Ave.? | 你是不是住在西端大道3751号 |
[17:09] | – Yes. – We need to chat. | -是 -我们得谈谈 |
[17:11] | I did it. I did it. I did it. | 是我做的 是我做的 是我做的 |
[17:14] | You killed him? | 你杀了他 |
[17:14] | Oh, my god, no. Of course not. | 我的天 当然没有 |
[17:16] | Why would you think that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[17:17] | Because you just said “I did it.” | 因为你刚才说”是我做的” |
[17:19] | Oh, no, no, not murder. No, god. | 不不不 不是谋杀 天啊 |
[17:22] | I-I did something else. Something… awful. | 我做了别的 很…糟糕的事 |
[17:25] | Ms. Jenkins, you’re the court clerk. | 詹金斯女士 你是法庭书记员 |
[17:26] | Why did Joe McUsic give you that much money? | 乔·麦丘茨克为什么会给你那么多钱 |
[17:29] | He paid me to put him on that jury. | 他付钱让我送他上陪审席 |
[17:40] | Joe McUsic came to me | 乔·麦丘茨克找到我 |
[17:41] | and said he wanted to serve his jury duty. | 说他想履行陪审职责 |
[17:44] | I didn’t see the harm. | 我没觉得有什么问题 |
[17:46] | Sure. I mean, especially if you’re gonna make a profit. | 当然了 尤其你还能小赚一笔 |
[17:48] | My roommate moved out two months ago. | 我的室友两个月前搬走了 |
[17:50] | I needed the extra cash for rent, and I figured, | 我需要钱付房租 我就想 |
[17:53] | who’s gonna know? I mean, it’s jury duty. | 神不知鬼不觉嘛 不过是陪审职责 |
[17:56] | Please, please, don’t send me to prison. | 拜托了 千万不要送我去监狱 |
[17:59] | All day long, I-I see the women who get sent there, | 我一天到晚 见识过被送往监狱的女人什么样 |
[18:02] | and… I can’t hack it. | 我应付不了 |
[18:04] | I’ll be some lifer’s bitch before breakfast. | 早餐前我就会变成某个终身囚犯的”婊子”的 |
[18:07] | Okay, Joe specifically asked | 乔是专门要求 |
[18:10] | to be on Otis Williams’ trial? | 参加奥蒂斯·威廉斯的庭审的吗 |
[18:12] | Yes. He was insistent about getting on that jury pool. | 是的 他打定主意要进入那次审判的陪审池 |
[18:15] | Did he tell you why? | 他说了原因吗 |
[18:16] | No, but it was the Lyla Addison case, | 没有 不过那可是莱拉·埃迪森一案 |
[18:19] | so I figured maybe he wanted to write | 我就猜测他是想写一本 |
[18:20] | a tell-all book about it or something. | 揭露案件的书之类的 |
[18:23] | I-I swear, all I did was put him in the pool. | 我发誓 我只是把他弄进陪审池 |
[18:26] | He got through jury selection on his own. | 他是自己通过陪审团挑选的 |
[18:28] | Ryan and Esposito looked at Joe’s computer. | 莱恩和埃斯波西托查看了乔的电脑 |
[18:30] | There’s no evidence that he was writing a book | 里面没有任何他在写有关案件的书 |
[18:32] | or even taking notes on the trial. | 或记录案件的迹象 |
[18:33] | So a murdered juror just bought himself on to the jury, | 一个陪审员把自己买进了陪审团却遭谋杀 |
[18:35] | and we still have no idea why? | 而我们还一点头绪都没有 |
[18:37] | A murder, a mystery, | 凶杀 谜案 |
[18:39] | wrapped up inside a courtroom thriller– | 融合了法庭惊悚情节 |
[18:41] | I can’t believe John Grisham hasn’t written this book. | 约翰·葛里逊竟然没写这本书 |
[18:43] | I wish he had, maybe then we’d know | 我倒希望他写了 我们或许就能知道 |
[18:44] | what was so special about that trial to Joe. | 那案子对乔有何特殊之处了 |
[18:46] | Well, maybe Joe had a personal connection to the trial– | 可能乔和这件案子有点个人联系 |
[18:48] | to the victim, Lyla Addison, | 比如和被害人莱拉·埃迪森 |
[18:50] | or to the defendant, Otis Williams. | 或和被告奥蒂斯·威廉斯 |
[18:52] | Doesn’t Joe have a juvie record? | 乔有少年犯罪记录吗 |
[18:53] | – Mm-hmm. – What if he knew Otis from back in the day? | -有 -要是他以前就认识奥蒂斯呢 |
[18:55] | They could’ve gotten arrested together | 他们可能一起被抓过 |
[18:57] | or maybe spent some time in the same juvenile hall. | 或同在一所青少年拘留所待过 |
[18:59] | That’s a good idea. I’ll look into it. | 很有可能 我查一下 |
[19:00] | Meanwhile, I’ll have Lyla Addison’s case file | 还有 我会让人把莱拉·埃迪森一案的 |
[19:02] | sent over from the 7-4, | 资料送过来 |
[19:03] | and you should check in with the family. | 你们最好找她的家人再了解一下 |
[19:04] | Could be a connection there. | 可能会有所发现 |
[19:05] | – Okay. – Good night, Castle. | -好的 -晚安 卡塞尔 |
[19:06] | Night. | 晚安 |
[19:20] | Hey, dad. Writing? | 嘿 老爸 在写作啊 |
[19:22] | Yeah. How was your day? | 是啊 今天玩的怎样 |
[19:24] | Did you have a good time in the village? | 在格林威治村玩的开心吗 |
[19:25] | – Yeah. – Go anywhere else? | -开心 -还去别处玩了吗 |
[19:28] | Uh, no. Just stayed in the village. | 呃 没有 就在格林威治村 |
[19:32] | Really? | 是吗 |
[19:34] | I mean, New York is a big city. | 我是说 纽约是个大城市 |
[19:38] | Lots of boroughs. | 有很多个区呢 |
[19:39] | Yeah, but I just stayed in Manhattan. | 是啊 但我就在曼哈顿区玩 |
[19:41] | So you didn’t go to, uh… Brooklyn? | 你没去 布鲁克林区吗 |
[19:45] | Williamsburg is beautiful this time of year. | 这时候的威廉斯堡很漂亮 |
[19:49] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[19:51] | A friend of mine told me. He went there. He saw you. | 我朋友告诉我的 他去了那儿 看到了你 |
[19:54] | What friend? | 哪个朋友 |
[19:55] | A close friend. J.J… Adams. | 很好的朋友 JJ·亚当斯 |
[19:58] | Nose twitch. That’s your tell. You’re lying. | 抽动鼻子 露馅了 你在撒谎 |
[20:00] | – No, I’m not. – Then who is J.J. Adams? | -不 我没撒谎 -那JJ·亚当斯是谁 |
[20:02] | He’s a friend of mine. | 他是我一个朋友 |
[20:04] | Wait. J.J. Adams was Leslie Nielsen’s character name | 等等 JJ·亚当斯是莱斯利·尼尔森 |
[20:08] | in “Forbidden planet.” You’re totally lying. | 在《禁忌星球》里所饰演的角色 你绝对是撒谎 |
[20:10] | How did you know where I was? Are you having me followed? | 你怎么知道我在那里 你找人跟踪我 |
[20:12] | Monitoring my metro card? Checking my credit… | 监控我的地铁卡 还是查我的信用卡 |
[20:16] | My phone. | 手机 |
[20:18] | Dad, tell me you are not tracking my phone. | 爸爸 告诉我你没有追踪我的手机 |
[20:19] | Okay, look, this is not about what I did. | 听我说 我做了什么不重要 |
[20:21] | It’s about what you did. You lied to me. | 重要的是你做了什么 你骗了我 |
[20:23] | Says the man who violated his daughter’s civil rights. | 侵犯自己女儿民事权利的人 还好意思说这个 |
[20:25] | Okay, technically, I would have to be the government | 等等 严格来说 我是政府部门的话 |
[20:26] | – to violate– – You’re tracking my every move. | -才算是侵犯 -你在监视我的一举一动 |
[20:28] | Not your every move. | 不是一举一动 |
[20:29] | Welcome to George Orwell’s “1984,” | 欢迎来到乔治·奥威尔的《1984》 |
[20:31] | – with my father as Big Brother. – This isn’t about– | -由我父亲扮演大老哥 -这不是 |
[20:33] | What’s next, a chip in my brain? | 下一步要怎样 在我脑子里放芯片吗 |
[20:35] | Whatever it takes when you’re keeping secrets from me. | 你要是对我有所隐瞒 我会想尽办法知道的 |
[20:38] | You know what? If you’re so interested in what I’m doing, | 我告诉你 既然你对我的事这么感兴趣 |
[20:40] | why don’t you ask your phone? | 何不问你的手机呢 |
[20:41] | I’m sure there’s an app for that. | 肯定有这方面的软件 |
[20:48] | You had it coming, Castle. | 卡塞尔 你这是自食其果 |
[20:49] | I mean, you have the best kid in the world, | 你有世界上最乖巧的孩子 |
[20:51] | and you treated her like a common criminal. | 却把她当犯人一样对待 |
[20:54] | Maybe she is, though. | 可能她就是呢 |
[20:55] | I still don’t know why she lied about | 我还是不明白她为什么撒谎 |
[20:56] | going to williamsburg. | 说没去威廉斯堡 |
[20:57] | And you probably never will, | 你可能永远也不会知道了 |
[20:58] | unless you plan on waterboarding her. | 除非你打算对她施用水刑 |
[21:00] | Honestly, is what I did so wrong? | 说实话 我做的真的很过分吗 |
[21:02] | I don’t really think that it matters to Alexis. | 我觉得那对阿丽克西斯来说不重要 |
[21:04] | I mean, you broke her trust. | 重要的是你打破了她对你的信任 |
[21:07] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[21:10] | So what do I do now? | 那我现在该怎么办 |
[21:11] | Win it back. | 把它赢回来 |
[21:13] | Come on. Lyla’s family’s waiting. | 走吧 莱拉的家人在等着呢 |
[21:18] | No, I’ve never seen him outside the jury box. | 没有 除了在陪审员席我没见过他 |
[21:20] | Don’t think any of us have. | 其他人也没见过 |
[21:21] | Well, a juror bribing his way onto a trial? | 一个陪审员为了进入陪审团而行贿 |
[21:25] | I’ve never in my 25 years as a prosecutor | 在我25年的检察官生涯中 |
[21:28] | – seen anything like it. – Mr. Addison, | -还从未遇到这类情况 -埃迪森先生 |
[21:29] | Is it at all possible that your daughter knew this man? | 有没有可能你女儿认识这个人 |
[21:33] | No. | 不可能 |
[21:35] | Stephen? | 史蒂芬 |
[21:37] | I know most of my sister’s friends. | 我妹妹大部分的朋友我都认识 |
[21:39] | He’s not one of ’em. | 他不在其中 |
[21:41] | And if he was, why would he have done this? | 如果是她的朋友的话 他为什么要这么做呢 |
[21:44] | Why would he put my sister’s shot at justice in jeopardy? | 他为什么要让我妹妹的公正受到威胁呢 |
[21:51] | Roy, I don’t think I need to tell you | 罗伊 我想不必我多说 |
[21:52] | how catastrophic this could be to the city’s legal system. | 你知道这对城市的法制系统会造成多大的危害 |
[21:55] | Now I need Joe McUsic’s murder solved. | 我希望乔·麦丘茨克谋杀案尽快解决 |
[21:58] | – How bad are things, Lou? – It’s pretty bad. | -情况有多糟 路 -非常糟 |
[22:01] | Just this morning at voir dire, I had potential jurors | 今天早上在预先审查时 有陪审团候补人员 |
[22:04] | expressing fears for their own personal safety. | 对自己的人身安全表示担忧 |
[22:07] | Now the people of New York need to be assured | 现在纽约市民需要确保 |
[22:09] | that they are protected. | 他们是受到保护的 |
[22:12] | Keep me in the loop. | 及时通知我案情进展 |
[22:17] | In all the years I’ve been in command of the 12th precinct, | 我指挥12分局这么多年 |
[22:20] | you know how many times the district attorney has shown up? | 你们知道地检官来过多少次吗 |
[22:23] | Once. Today. | 一次 就在今天 |
[22:27] | – You heard the man. Let’s get to work. – Yes, sir. | -你们都听到了 赶紧做事 -是 长官 |
[22:33] | There is no Joe connection to Lyla Addison. | 乔和莱拉·埃迪森之间没有任何联系 |
[22:36] | There’s nothing in her financials, | 没有财务往来 |
[22:38] | her murder file, her e-mails, | 案件档案上没有记载 没有邮件往来 |
[22:39] | her texts, not even her yearbook. | 没有短信往来 甚至年鉴上都没提到过 |
[22:41] | Joe and Lyla have absolutely nothing in common. | 乔和莱拉绝对没有任何交集 |
[22:44] | It’s like the two of them didn’t even | 他们两个似乎 |
[22:45] | – live on the same planet. – Same goes with Joe and Otis. | -生活在两个不同的星球 -乔和奥蒂斯也是 |
[22:48] | There’s no Joe conction in the juvie files? | 少年犯罪档案里也没任何线索 |
[22:50] | No, not even close. | 没有 都不沾边 |
[22:51] | Joe and Otis were sent to different juvie halls | 乔和奥蒂斯在不同时间被送往不同的 |
[22:53] | at different times, and they ran in opposite neighborhoods. | 拘留所 而且相距十万八千里 |
[22:55] | So then why the hell did he want to get on that jury so bad? | 那他到底为什么这么想进陪审团呢 |
[22:58] | Wait a minute I think I got something. | 等等 我这里有发现 |
[22:59] | You have a connection? | 找到联系了吗 |
[23:01] | According to his credit card, Joe purchased | 根据他的信用卡消费记录 两个月前 |
[23:02] | a pay-as-you-go cell phone from an electronics store | 乔在一家电子商店购买了一支 |
[23:05] | a couple of months back. | 付费使用的手机 |
[23:07] | -So? – So he already had a cell phone. | -然后呢 -他本来就有手机 |
[23:09] | What’s he need a burner phone for, | 还买这么个一次性手机干什么呢 |
[23:10] | especially an anonymous one? | 而且还是匿名的 |
[23:13] | And if he is using it, where is it? | 若他在用的话 手机在哪里呢 |
[23:14] | All right, take a crew to his apartment, | 好 带一队人去他公寓 |
[23:15] | see what you can find. | 看有没有什么线索 |
[23:17] | – That might be the break that we need. – Yeah. | -那可能就是我们要找的突破口 -是的 |
[23:21] | Castle? Castle, can you stop playing around? | 卡塞尔 卡塞尔 你能别玩了吗 |
[23:24] | Actually, I’m not playing around. | 事实上 我不是在玩 |
[23:25] | I’m a little busy blowing this case wide open. | 我在忙着拨开这件案子的迷雾呢 |
[23:28] | This is a photograph of the looky loos | 这是一张案发现场的 |
[23:30] | at Lyla’s crime scene. | 围观群众的照片 |
[23:32] | This is a little magnification app. | 这是个放大软件 |
[23:34] | Recognize anyone? | 认出谁来了吗 |
[23:42] | It’s Joe. | 是乔 |
[23:43] | He was at Lyla Addison’s crime scene. | 他在莱拉·埃迪森一案的案发现场 |
[23:48] | Why would he be there? | 他为什么会在那里 |
[23:49] | Only three reasons for a civilian | 一个公民会出现在凶杀现场 |
[23:50] | to be at a murder scene– one, they’re dead, | 只有三个原因 一是他们死了 |
[23:53] | two, they just happen to be in the immediate area, | 二是他们碰巧出现在这个区域 |
[23:56] | or three, it’s our killer, and he couldn’t resist | 还有三 就是凶手压抑不住 |
[23:58] | the compulsion to return to the scene of the crime. | 返回犯罪现场的冲动 |
[24:00] | And which number do you think Joe is? | 你们觉得乔是属于哪个类型的 |
[24:03] | I’m gonna go with three. | 我选第三种 |
[24:03] | He’s our victim and our killer. | 他既是被害人又是凶手 |
[24:05] | Nice. | 厉害 |
[24:06] | – Ah. – Sorry. | -疼 -对不起 |
[24:15] | Joe McUsic — victim and killer? | 乔·麦丘茨克 既是被害人也是凶手 |
[24:18] | This is the best twist yet. | 这真是最棒的反转 |
[24:20] | Joe served on the jury of a murder he committed. | 乔在自己犯下的谋杀案审判中担当陪审员 |
[24:23] | Yeah, but if Joe literally got away with murder, | 是啊 但如果乔逃脱了谋杀的罪名 |
[24:25] | why would he risk it all | 他为什么还要冒这么大的险 |
[24:26] | and bribe his way onto the jury? | 通过贿赂的方式成为陪审员呢 |
[24:28] | Maybe he felt compelled to save an innocent man. | 也许他觉得有义务去救一个清白的人 |
[24:30] | Maybe he wanted to create reasonable doubt | 也许他想制造 |
[24:33] | in the deliberation room to get Otis off, | 一个合理疑点让奥蒂斯脱罪 |
[24:36] | just like Henry Fonda in “12 Angry Men.” | 就像亨利·方达在《十二怒汉》中的手法一样 |
[24:38] | Or maybe he got onto the jury because he wanted to make sure | 又或者他混进陪审团是想确保 |
[24:41] | that an innocent Otis got convicted of his crime. | 清白的奥蒂斯被定罪 |
[24:44] | No. I like my “killer with a conscience” theory better. | 不 我还是喜欢”有良心的杀手”这一推理 |
[24:46] | Yeah? Well, like your theory all you want. | 是吗 好吧 随你怎么喜欢你的推理 |
[24:48] | Mine is less convoluted and contrived. | 我的推理没有那么复杂做作 |
[24:50] | I hate to burst bubbles, but you’re both wrong. | 我不想煞风景 但你们都错了 |
[24:54] | Joe did not kill Lyla. | 莱拉不是乔杀的 |
[24:55] | He had an alibi. | 他有不在场证明 |
[24:56] | I did a background on the halfway house. | 我对过渡教习所进行了调查 |
[24:58] | On the night Lyla was killed, | 在莱拉被杀的当晚 |
[25:00] | Joe was at a fund-raiser. | 乔在筹款 |
[25:02] | He was there until midnight. | 他一直在那待到午夜 |
[25:03] | And Lyla was killed between 9:30 and 11:30 p.m. | 莱拉是在晚上9:30到11:30之间被杀的 |
[25:06] | So if he didn’t kill her, | 那既然不是他杀的人 |
[25:07] | why did he want to be on the jury so bad? | 他为什么那么想进陪审团呢 |
[25:09] | And why was he at the crime scene? | 他又为什么会出现在凶案现场 |
[25:11] | Okay, so we know | 好吧 现在我们知道 |
[25:13] | that Joe was a juror with a hidden agenda. | 乔做陪审员有不可告人的目的 |
[25:16] | He was embroiled in a high-profile case | 他被卷入了这场高调的案子 |
[25:18] | being tried by the D.A. himself. | 地方检察官亲自接手此案 |
[25:20] | But before he could accomplish what he set out to do, | 但他还没能完成他预谋之事 |
[25:23] | he was struck down by powerful, shadowy forces. | 就被暗中的强大势力灭了口 |
[25:28] | What? | 有什么发现 |
[25:29] | There’s gotta be something that we’re missing. | 我们一定遗漏了某些线索 |
[25:31] | There has to be a tangible connection | 乔和被告之间一定有 |
[25:33] | between Joe and our defendant | 某些实际的关联 |
[25:35] | or Joe and our victim. | 或者是乔和被害人之间有联系 |
[25:38] | Or between Joe and somebody else entirely. | 又或者是乔和其他人之间有联系 |
[25:41] | I found a phone. | 我找到一个手机 |
[25:43] | It was hiding behind some books in the bookcase. | 藏在书柜的书后面 |
[25:45] | Joe made 14 calls with it, | 乔用它打了十四通电话 |
[25:47] | all to the same number. | 全打给了一个号码 |
[25:49] | District Attorney Lou Karnacki’s office. | 地方检察官路·卡耐基的办公室 |
[25:52] | Looks like the D.A. was out of order. | 看来地方检察官违反规程了 |
[25:55] | – Mrs. Craig. – Oh, please. Call me Dawn. | -克雷格太太 -请叫我唐 |
[25:59] | Dawn, you are | 唐 你是 |
[26:00] | our district attorney’s administrative assistant? | 我们这的地方检察官的行政助理吧 |
[26:02] | Yes, ever since he came into office. | 是的 从他来这以后一直是我 |
[26:04] | Do you remember ever receiving | 你印象中有没有收到过 |
[26:05] | any phone calls from a Joe McUsic? | 一个叫乔·麦丘茨克的人打来的电话 |
[26:08] | Ooh. Uh, we get hundreds of calls every day. | 我们每天都要接成百上千个电话 |
[26:11] | Um, that name doesn’t sound familiar. | 好像没听过这么个人 |
[26:14] | We have reason to believe he called numerous times. | 我们有充分的理由证明他打来过很多次 |
[26:16] | He may have said | 他也许说过 |
[26:17] | it was regarding the Otis Williams case. | 是关于奥蒂斯·威廉斯的案子的 |
[26:20] | Oh. Uh, yeah. | 有的 |
[26:21] | I did get a series of bizarre anonymous calls | 我是接到过一些奇怪的匿名电话 |
[26:24] | from a man claiming that Otis Williams was innocent. | 那个男人声称奥蒂斯·威廉斯是无辜的 |
[26:28] | That would be Joe. | 那人可能就是乔 |
[26:29] | Did he ever speak to the D.A.? | 他有跟地检官通过话吗 |
[26:30] | No. I never put him through. | 没有 我从没把这些电话转接给他 |
[26:32] | I figured he was a wacko. | 我觉得那人就是个疯子 |
[26:34] | Well, you know, we get a lot of these calls, | 我们经常接到类似的电话 |
[26:36] | and half my job is to filter out | 我一半的工作就是把 |
[26:38] | the legitimate calls from the crackpots. | 正常的电话从这些疯子电话中过滤出来 |
[26:40] | Did he ever mention anything else? | 那他有没有提过别的什么事 |
[26:42] | Yeah. He said he had evidence | 有 他说过他有能让 |
[26:44] | that would exonerate Otis Williams, | 奥蒂斯·威廉斯脱罪的证据 |
[26:46] | and how he was gonna mail it | 还有他打算把证据寄到 |
[26:47] | to the District Attorney’s office. | 地方检察官的办公室 |
[26:49] | Did you ever get that package? | 你收到这个包裹了吗 |
[26:50] | Not that I know of. | 据我了解没有 |
[26:52] | Uh, Dawn, most of these phone calls | 唐 这些电话时长基本上 |
[26:54] | are under two minutes long. | 都不到两分钟 |
[26:56] | But then there’s this one at 10:14 p.m. | 但是这有一通晚上10:14打的 |
[26:58] | It’s over ten minutes long. | 都超过十分钟了 |
[26:59] | Is there any chance that you took that phone call? | 有没有可能是你接到的这个电话呢 |
[27:01] | Oh, no. I never stay past 7:00. | 不可能 我从来不会待到七点以后 |
[27:05] | How late does the D.A. work? | 地方检察官一般工作到几点 |
[27:11] | This conversation is over. | 谈话结束了 |
[27:21] | This the way you keep me in the loop, Roy? | 你就这么通知我进展的吗 罗伊 |
[27:23] | It’s a fast-moving case, Lou. | 路 这案子进展很快 |
[27:24] | My team just followed the evidence where it led them. | 我的手下只是跟着证据走 |
[27:26] | Oh, don’t give me that. | 别用这个搪塞我 |
[27:27] | We’ve known each other too long. | 我们认识这么久了 |
[27:29] | Mr. Karnacki, Joe McUsic made several phone calls | 卡耐基先生 乔·麦丘茨克往您办公室 |
[27:31] | to your office. | 打了好几通电话 |
[27:33] | One of them lasted over ten minutes. | 其中有一通通话超过了十分钟 |
[27:34] | Did you speak to him, sir? | 您跟他说话了吗 长官 |
[27:36] | The dead juror? | 那个死了的陪审员 |
[27:37] | – Yes. – No, of course not. | -是的 -没有 当然没有 |
[27:39] | Did he send you any evidence | 他有没有给你寄过一些 |
[27:40] | that was relevant to the Otis Williams case? | 与奥蒂斯·威廉斯的案子相关的证据 |
[27:42] | Excuse me. I don’t think we’ve been introduced. | 抱歉 我想我们还没有正式介绍 |
[27:44] | I’m the guy that can get you banned from this precinct. | 我是那个可以禁止你出入这个分局的人 |
[27:46] | And I can have you transferred to the harbor unit! | 我也可以把你调到港口分局 |
[27:48] | Lou, you said you wanted this murder squared away. | 路 你说过要尽快查出真凶 |
[27:51] | That’s all we’re doing. | 我们现在就是这么做的 |
[27:52] | No, what you’re doing is sneaking around behind my back. | 不 你们这是在我背后鬼鬼祟祟 |
[27:54] | Now the next time you want an interview, you call. | 下次你如果想问话 打电话 |
[27:57] | And don’t you ever, ever, drag one of my staff down here | 不要再背着我 把我的任何一个员工 |
[28:01] | without my knowledge again. | 拖到这里来 |
[28:06] | You called in the D.A.’s personal assistant | 你没通知地检官 |
[28:07] | without informing him? | 就把他的个人助理叫到这问话了吗 |
[28:09] | Sir, I’m sorry. I was…I… | 对不起 长官 我 |
[28:11] | Smart move. | 这招聪明 |
[28:13] | Don’t you see what just happened? | 没看到刚刚发生的事吗 |
[28:15] | He could have called and asked why his assistant was here, | 他本可以打电话询问为什么他的助理在这 |
[28:17] | but he came in person. | 但是他却亲自过来了 |
[28:19] | He wanted to stop the interview. | 他想终止这次问话 |
[28:21] | He’s hiding something. | 他在掩盖线索 |
[28:32] | Wardell Williams was right. It’s a conspiracy. | 沃德尔·威廉斯是对的 这是场阴谋 |
[28:35] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[28:38] | I know. Weird. | 我知道 很怪 |
[28:40] | Yeah, weird, but good, | 是很怪 但是很好 |
[28:41] | because that’s just the tip of the iceberg. | 因为那只是冰山一角 |
[28:43] | Are you ready for the “Titanic”? | 你准备好”巨轮沉没”了吗 |
[28:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:46] | Good. I did a little digging on the internet. | 很好 我在网上挖到了一些料 |
[28:48] | Guess who the D.A.’s largest campaign contributors were | 猜猜地方检察官最近竞选的 |
[28:52] | on his last election? | 最大赞助商是谁 |
[28:53] | Who? | 谁 |
[28:54] | Randolph and Andrea Addison, | 鲁道夫和安德亚·埃迪森 |
[28:57] | Lyla’s parents. | 是莱拉的父母 |
[28:58] | Here’s what I’m thinking, | 我的推测是 |
[28:59] | devastated parents demand justice. | 悲痛欲绝的父母要声张正义 |
[29:01] | Insist that the D.A. try the case personally, | 坚持让地检官亲自接手这个案子 |
[29:04] | maybe even suggest to Karnacki | 也许还暗示卡耐基 |
[29:07] | that he needs to put Lyla’s killer away | 想要确保得到他们政治上的支持 |
[29:09] | in order to secure their political support. | 就得把杀死莱拉的凶手定罪 |
[29:11] | Of course, and Karnacki agreed | 当然 卡耐基同意了 |
[29:13] | because it was gonna be an easy case. | 因为这本是一起简单的案子 |
[29:14] | I mean, they already had Otis Williams. | 因为他们有了奥蒂斯·威廉斯这个嫌疑人 |
[29:16] | It was open and shut. | 定罪毫无悬念 |
[29:17] | Until Joe starts calling, | 直到乔开始打电话 |
[29:19] | insisting that Otis is innocent, | 坚持称奥蒂斯是无辜的 |
[29:20] | which is bad for Karnacki… | 这对卡耐基很不利 |
[29:22] | Actually, in the end, bad for Joe. | 实际上 最后是对乔不利 |
[29:24] | You know, but it still doesn’t explain | 但是这还是没有解释通 |
[29:26] | why Joe bought into the jury pool | 为什么乔要靠贿赂进陪审团 |
[29:30] | or why he thought that Otis Williams was innocent. | 或者他凭什么认为奥蒂斯·威廉斯就是无辜的 |
[29:33] | I mean, if he had exonerating evidence, where is it? | 我是说 如果他有脱罪的证据的话 证据在哪 |
[29:35] | We’ve looked everywhere. | 我们能找的地方都找了 |
[29:37] | We’ve talked to everyone. | 能谈的人也都谈了 |
[29:38] | Not everyone. | 还有漏网之鱼 |
[29:40] | As I said before, | 正如我之前所说 |
[29:41] | we’re not here to discuss the Lyla Addison case. | 我们来这不是讨论莱拉·埃迪森的案子的 |
[29:43] | Neither are we. | 我们也不是 |
[29:44] | We’re here to talk about Joe McUsic’s murder– | 我们是想谈谈乔·麦丘茨克的谋杀案 |
[29:46] | Juror number seven. | 7号陪审员 |
[29:47] | You’re not still suggesting | 你们不是还在纠结 |
[29:48] | that my client had something to do with that? | 我的当事人跟这个案子也有关系吧 |
[29:49] | Uh, we are open to the idea that Mr. Williams | 我们比较倾向于威廉斯先生 |
[29:51] | may not be guilty of either murder. | 跟任何一个案子都没有关系 |
[29:53] | Look, we think that you might be able to help yourself | 如果你能帮我们找出真凶 |
[29:55] | by helping us find the real killer. | 说不定能帮你自己洗脱罪名 |
[30:04] | This is Joe McUsic. | 这是乔·麦丘茨克 |
[30:06] | Had you ever seen him before the trial? | 这次审判前你们曾经见过吗 |
[30:09] | He claimed to have evidence proving your innocence. | 他自称有能证明你清白的证据 |
[30:12] | Do you have any idea what that evidence might be? | 你知道可能是什么样的证据吗 |
[30:14] | How am I supposed to know? | 我怎么知道 |
[30:15] | He bought his way onto the jury | 他靠贿赂进入陪审团 |
[30:16] | in order to get you acquitted | 就是为了让你被判无罪 |
[30:17] | and then he got murdered for it. | 并为此送了命 |
[30:22] | Well, look, I’m sorry he’s dead. | 听着 他死了我很遗憾 |
[30:23] | I appreciate a man putting himself out like that for me, | 我很感激他那样为我铤而走险 |
[30:26] | but I don’t know how to help y’all. | 但 我真不知道怎么帮你们 |
[30:28] | Mr. Williams, if you didn’t kill Lyla, | 威廉斯先生 如果你没杀莱拉 |
[30:29] | then we need to figure out who did. | 那我们就得找到真凶 |
[30:31] | You were first on the scene. | 你是第一个到达现场的 |
[30:32] | Any detail you can remember, | 你如果记得任何细节 |
[30:33] | no matter how obscure, might help us. | 不管记得多模糊 都可能帮到我们 |
[30:39] | A’ight. It was late. | 好吧 那天很晚了 |
[30:41] | Just got off my job, you know? Walking home… | 刚下班 往家走 |
[30:45] | When I saw that sweet 760i, | 就看到那辆漂亮的宝马760i |
[30:48] | just sitting there, keys in the ignition. | 就停在那 钥匙还插在上面 |
[30:52] | I knew I shoulda passed it by, | 我知道我该走开的 |
[30:54] | but I always wanted to drive a 760, | 但我一直想开一回760 |
[30:57] | so I jumped in. | 我就跳上车 |
[30:57] | I’m sorry. We need details. So did you see anyone? | 打断一下 再详细点 看到别人了吗 |
[31:01] | – No. – Was there anything around the car? | -没有 -车周围有东西吗 |
[31:03] | Yeah, anything that might suggest someone else had been there. | 有没有任何迹象表明有人在车里停留过 |
[31:05] | Cigarette butts, uh, chewing gum… | 烟头 口香糖 |
[31:07] | Shoe prints, heel prints? | 鞋迹 高跟鞋印 |
[31:08] | – Nah, nothing like that. – Okay, um, what happened next? | -没有那样的东西 -好吧 然后呢 |
[31:12] | I slid in the ride, pulled the seat up, | 我坐进去 把座椅向前调 |
[31:14] | hit the ignition… | 发动车子 |
[31:15] | Wait, wait. Did you say you pulled the seat up? | 等等 你说你把座椅向前调了 |
[31:18] | – Yeah. – Are you sure? | -对啊 -你确定吗 |
[31:20] | Yeah, I’m sure. That bad boy was all the way back, | 我确定 座椅很靠后 |
[31:22] | so I hit the button on the side to move it up. | 我就按侧面的按钮把它调向前 |
[31:24] | Lyla was all of 5-foot-nothing. | 莱拉不过5英尺[约1米5]高 |
[31:26] | There’s no reason for that seat to have been all the way back. | 座椅不会放到那么靠后 |
[31:28] | Somebody else was driving that car, | 开车的另有其人 |
[31:29] | most likely our killer. | 极有可能是凶手 |
[31:30] | And our killer would have to press the back button | 那凶手要移动座椅就要按 |
[31:32] | in order to move it. Did C.S.U. check for prints? | 后移钮 鉴证组查指纹了吗 |
[31:36] | The steering wheel and the dash. | 方向盘和仪表盘都查了 |
[31:38] | The only prints they found were my client’s, | 只找到我当事人的指纹 |
[31:40] | so when they caught him behind the wheel, | 他又在现场被抓住 |
[31:43] | I don’t think they put much effort into it. | 所以我想他们大概也没细找 |
[31:48] | Lyla’s car is still at the impound pending the trial. | 莱拉的车在审判期间是没收在库的 |
[31:50] | We can still have C.S.U. print the seat controls. | 我们还能让鉴证组查查座椅控制钮的指纹 |
[31:55] | A seat back button? | 座椅控制按钮 |
[31:57] | What a great detail for a murder mystery. | 对一宗谋杀疑案来说这是非常棒的细节 |
[31:59] | Only if we get a print. | 找到指纹 才算棒 |
[32:01] | Yes, otherwise, we’ll just be looking for tall people. | 是啊 不然我们只能到处找傻大个了 |
[32:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:05] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[32:08] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[32:11] | Everything all right? | 出了什么事吗 |
[32:14] | I’m sorry for yelling at you last… | 对不起 我昨晚冲你吼 |
[32:15] | No, no, I… I violated your trust. | 不不 是我背叛了你的信任 |
[32:19] | I shouldn’t have spied on you. | 我不该那样监视你 |
[32:20] | That was wrong. And I want you to see this… | 那是不对的 我想让你看这个 |
[32:24] | I am deleting that app… | 我要把这个软件 |
[32:26] | now and forever. | 永远删掉 |
[32:28] | Okay? Gone. | 好吗 没了 |
[32:31] | So… I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:34] | Forgive me? | 原谅我了吗 |
[32:37] | But will you forgive me? | 你会原谅我吗 |
[32:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[32:41] | So… tell me | 那 能告诉我 |
[32:43] | what happened in Williamsburg. | 去威廉斯堡干嘛了 |
[32:50] | Two days ago, a bunch of us went to Keena’s of Brooklyn. | 两天前 我们一群人去布鲁克林基娜之家 |
[32:53] | It’s a boutique. | 是一家精品店 |
[32:54] | And my friends thought it’d be cool | 我朋友觉得如果我们都 |
[32:55] | – if we all took a couple of things. – You shop… | -顺点东西走会很酷 -你顺 |
[32:59] | – you were shoplifting? – No. | -你偷东西了 -没有 |
[33:01] | I couldn’t, but my friends did, | 我做不到 但是我朋友做了 |
[33:02] | and they said I was chicken. | 还说我胆小 |
[33:03] | So you went back to finish the job | 所以你为了在你的朋友面前扮酷 |
[33:05] | – to impress your friends. – No, | -又回去做了 -没有 |
[33:06] | I went back to pay for what they stole. | 我去为他们偷走的东西付了钱 |
[33:07] | I couldn’t just let someone get cheated like that. | 我不能就看着有人那样被坑 |
[33:09] | I took money out of my savings and went back to the store… | 我从自己的小金库里拿了钱 回到店里 |
[33:14] | when I got there, I put cash on the counter with a note | 到了那 把钱和一张字条放在收银台 |
[33:16] | and ran out as fast as I could. | 然后以最快的速度跑掉了 |
[33:20] | I don’t know whether to be angry or proud. | 我都不知道是该生气还是该自豪 |
[33:25] | – What friends were you with? – It doesn’t matter. | -你跟哪些朋友在一起啊 -这不重要 |
[33:26] | Of course it matters. I don’t | 当然重要了 我不想你 |
[33:27] | – want you ha… – Who I was with is off the table. | -跟那类人… -我跟谁在一起你别管 |
[33:30] | I’m not gonna narc on them. | 我不会出卖他们的 |
[33:33] | Again… | 还是 |
[33:35] | angry and proud. | 又生气又自豪 |
[33:37] | One question, though. | 只有一个问题 |
[33:40] | If you didn’t take anything, | 你要是什么都没拿 |
[33:41] | why did you feel responsible? | 干嘛觉得有责任还钱呢 |
[33:44] | Because they’re my friends. | 他们是我的朋友啊 |
[33:46] | I guess somebody had to. | 总得有人负这个责 |
[33:49] | It was the right thing to do. | 这么做是对的 |
[33:52] | Don’t you think | 你不觉得 |
[33:53] | – they should be the ones paying… -Dad. | -该是他们付钱 -爸爸 |
[33:56] | Why are you even friends with these girls in the first place? | 你干嘛要跟这样的女孩做朋友呢 |
[33:58] | It’s not that simple. | 事情不是那么简单的 |
[34:04] | No, you’re right. | 那倒是啊 |
[34:05] | It never is, is it? | 从来都不简单 |
[34:10] | – Oh, sorry. – Uh, no, Detective Beckett, | -抱歉 -没关系 贝克特探长 |
[34:11] | stay. I was just leaving. | 别走 我刚要回去呢 |
[34:15] | It won’t happen again, dad. | 不会有下次了 爸爸 |
[34:19] | Promise. | 我保证 |
[34:27] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[34:29] | Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. | 有时候 无知是福啊 |
[34:31] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[34:34] | Is that the C.S.U. report? | 那是鉴证组的报告吗 |
[34:36] | Two sets of prints on the seat controls. | 座椅控制键上有两组指纹 |
[34:38] | Otis’ are on the seat up button. | 奥蒂斯的指纹在前移键上 |
[34:40] | – And on the seat back? – Take a look for yourself. | -后移键上呢 -自己看吧 |
[34:46] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[34:54] | This is the fingerprint that we pulled | 这是我们从莱拉·埃迪森车上 |
[34:56] | off Lyla Addison’s car seat controls, | 的座椅控制键上取下来的指纹 |
[34:58] | and this is your fingerprint that we have on file. | 这是我们记录在案的你的指纹 |
[35:00] | They are a match. | 他们相匹配 |
[35:02] | – There must be some mistake. – There is no mistake. | -肯定出错了 -没什么错 |
[35:04] | You were in Lyla Addison’s car the | 莱拉·埃迪森被杀当晚 |
[35:05] | – night that she was killed. – I didn’t even know Lyla. | -你在她的车里 -我都不认识莱拉 |
[35:08] | Yeah, you did. | 你认识 |
[35:10] | We showed your picture around. | 我们把你的照片给一些人看 |
[35:12] | You’re a bartender at the Kiwi Seven Lounge. | 你在奇异七吧做酒保 |
[35:14] | They pay you under the table, cash. | 你的工资都是不入账的现金 |
[35:16] | Lyla’s a silent partner. You still want to go | 而莱拉是匿名股东 你还要继续说 |
[35:18] | with the story that you don’t know her? | 你不认识她吗 |
[35:22] | I think that you killed her, | 我觉得是你杀了她 |
[35:24] | and then you dumped her body in her trunk. | 然后把她的尸体丢在后备箱里 |
[35:26] | What you didn’t count on was the guilt. | 你却没想到自己会那么内疚 |
[35:29] | You had to get it off your chest, so you told Joe, | 你得一吐为快 所以你告诉了乔 |
[35:31] | but your brother, he was an honorable man. | 但你的哥哥是个可敬的人 |
[35:34] | He wasn’t gonna rat you out, | 他不想告发你 |
[35:35] | but he wasn’t gonna let an innocent man go to jail for life. | 但他也不想让无辜的人终身监禁 |
[35:38] | So he called the D.A. | 所以他打电话给地检官 |
[35:40] | When that didn’t work, he got on the jury. | 但那不管用 他就买进陪审团 |
[35:42] | But you… you found out. | 但是你 你发现了 |
[35:45] | And you realized… | 你意识到 |
[35:47] | you wouldn’t be safe as long as he was alive. | 只要他活着你就不安全 |
[35:50] | And then you slipped into his apartment | 你就潜进他家里 |
[35:52] | and you dosed his meds with cyanide. | 在他的药里放入了氰化物 |
[35:55] | – Dosed his meds? – Making you the worst brother since Cain. | -下毒 -你真是坏的跟该隐有一拼了 |
[36:00] | That isn’t what happened. | 事情不是那样的 |
[36:01] | Then what happened? | 那到底怎么回事 |
[36:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:11] | Well, wait. | 等等 |
[36:12] | Wait! | 等等 |
[36:16] | I was there, but I didn’t kill her. | 我是在那没错 可我没杀她 |
[36:19] | And I didn’t kill my brother. | 我也没杀我哥哥 |
[36:21] | But it doesn’t really matter what I say, | 可不管我说什么 |
[36:22] | you won’t believe me anyway. | 你都不会信了 |
[36:24] | Well, considering your other choice is murder one, | 鉴于你另外一个选择是一级谋杀的指控 |
[36:26] | I would roll the dice. | 你还是说说看吧 |
[36:31] | Stephen killed Lyla. | 史蒂芬才是凶手 |
[36:34] | Stephen Addison… Her brother. | 她哥 史蒂芬·埃迪森 |
[36:38] | And we had talked about Joe’s condition. | 我们提到过乔的情况 |
[36:41] | Stephen must have seen Joe on that jury | 史蒂芬定是看到乔是陪审员 |
[36:43] | and killed him, too. | 就把他也杀了 |
[36:44] | Stephen and Lyla were a pair of rich, spoiled coke fiends | 史蒂芬和莱拉就是被宠坏的富二代 |
[36:49] | who needed to make a drug run, so they had me drive. | 想要去吸毒 就找我开车 |
[36:52] | Stephen’s screwing around with this gun. | 史蒂芬在玩那把枪 |
[36:54] | This little trust-fund gangster thinks he’s so badass | 那个有信托基金的王八蛋觉得自己很牛 |
[36:56] | till we hit a pothole, and bang! | 后来车颠了一下 枪走火了 |
[36:59] | The gun went off and hit Lyla. | 射中了莱拉 |
[37:01] | She died instantly. | 她当场就死了 |
[37:05] | I freaked. | 我就傻了 |
[37:06] | But Stephen threatened to point the finger at me | 但史蒂芬威胁说如果我告密 |
[37:08] | if I told the truth. | 他就指认我是凶手 |
[37:10] | I’m so scared. | 我吓到了 |
[37:12] | I’m… I’m just a nobody. | 我一无名小卒 |
[37:15] | He’s got million-dollar lawyers! | 他可有大律师罩着 |
[37:20] | We put her body in the trunk. | 我们把她的尸体放进了后备箱 |
[37:22] | And you dumped the car? | 然后你把车弃了 |
[37:23] | Stephen said if we left it in the ghetto, | 史蒂芬说我们把车留在贫民区 |
[37:25] | the cops would think it was a carjacking gone wrong. | 你们会认为是劫车出了岔子 |
[37:28] | And then what happened? | 然后呢 |
[37:29] | We tossed our bloody clothes in a dumpster. | 我们把血衣扔进了一个垃圾桶 |
[37:32] | And… I went to see Joe at his fund-raiser. | 我去筹款会找乔 |
[37:37] | And I told him what happened. | 说了发生的事 |
[37:42] | He said we couldn’t leave Lyla in a trunk like that. | 他说不能就这样把莱拉留在后备箱 |
[37:46] | But by the time Joe got there, | 但乔到那的时候 |
[37:47] | the cops had already pulled over that black guy, | 警察已经抓了那黑人 |
[37:50] | so Joe went to that dumpster | 乔就去那垃圾桶 |
[37:51] | and got Stephen’s bloody clothes as insurance. | 拿了史蒂芬的血衣做证据 |
[37:54] | That must be what Joe sent to the D.A. | 那就是乔送到检察官办公室的东西 |
[37:57] | It’s all my fault. | 一切都是我的错 |
[38:00] | My brother’s dead, and it’s all my fault. | 哥哥死了 是我害了他 |
[38:04] | We can place Stephen at Lyla’s bar that night. | 那晚史蒂芬在莱拉的酒吧 |
[38:06] | But without physical evidence, all we have is Eddie’s word. | 但除了埃迪的证词 没有别的证据 |
[38:10] | What do you think we should do, sir? | 怎么办 头儿 |
[38:12] | I’m sorry, detective. | 抱歉 探长 |
[38:13] | Looks like there’s nothing you can do. | 看上去你也无能为力 |
[38:15] | W-what are you saying, we just let him get away with it? | 不是吧 就这样让他逍遥法外吗 |
[38:17] | Did I say that? | 我有这么说吗 |
[38:20] | Uh, sir, where are you going? | 头儿 你去哪 |
[38:22] | To see an old friend. | 找个老朋友 |
[38:32] | Hey. How’d you get in here? | 谁让你进来的 |
[38:35] | Used my key to the city. | 用我的通行证 |
[38:37] | You, uh, you want a drink? | 喝一杯吗 |
[38:39] | I just got my hands on this brilliant bottle of 1875 St. Miriam. | 我正打算开一瓶1875年的佳酿 |
[38:44] | I need that package, Lou. | 我要那包衣服 路 |
[38:46] | The one Joe McUsic sent you. | 乔·麦丘茨克给你的那个 |
[38:49] | I know you didn’t get rid of it. | 你没处理掉 |
[38:50] | It’s not your style. Not the Louis Karnacki I know. | 那不是我认识的路易·卡耐基会做的事 |
[38:55] | Word of advice, Roy. | 给你个忠告 罗伊 |
[38:56] | Just… let this one pass you by. | 别管这事了 |
[39:00] | Did you know Lyla Addison was murdered by her brother? | 你知道凶手是她哥吗 |
[39:04] | First rule of being a lawyer | 做律师最重要的 |
[39:06] | is never ask a question you don’t want an answer to. | 是别问你不想知道答案的问题 |
[39:08] | I guess it’s good I’m not a lawyer. | 还好我不是律师 |
[39:10] | Yeah, well, that’s the problem with you cops. | 这就是你们警察的毛病 |
[39:12] | You live on the corner of black and white. | 你们活在黑白分明的世界里 |
[39:14] | But over here, on this side of the street, it’s just gray. | 但在这儿 这里是个灰色地带 |
[39:17] | You just put an innocent man up for murder. | 你打算把罪名加给一个无辜的人 |
[39:19] | What’s gray about that, lou? | 路 你这就你所谓的灰色地带吗 |
[39:20] | Oh, come on! You’re gonna sing “Kumbaya” | 得了吧 你要为奥蒂斯·威廉斯这种人 |
[39:23] | for Otis Williams? | 伸张正义吗 |
[39:24] | Otis Williams, what, theft, uh, aggravated assault, | 他偷窃 恶意伤害 |
[39:27] | attempted murder… That’s just the stuff we got him on. | 谋杀未遂 这还只是我们知道的 |
[39:30] | But he didn’t kill Lyla, Lou. He didn’t kill her. | 但是莱拉不是他杀的 路 |
[39:36] | It’s for the greater good, Roy. | 罗伊 这是为了顾全大局 |
[39:38] | What? | 是吗 |
[39:39] | Your run for the mayor’s office? | 为了你能竞选市长吗 |
[39:43] | Think of what I can do for this city when I’m elected. | 想想我当选后能做到的事情 |
[39:47] | Now… It takes money to get there, | 竞选是需要钱的 |
[39:50] | and the Addisons are keeping the war chest well stocked. | 埃迪森家族可以给我充足的竞选资金 |
[39:56] | It’s just how it’s played. | 这就是游戏规则 |
[39:58] | You know that. | 你懂的 |
[40:05] | Oh… Listen to me, Roy. Listen to me. | 罗伊 听我说 听着 |
[40:10] | Roy Montgomery, police commissioner. | 罗伊·蒙哥马利 你会是警察局长 |
[40:13] | Now… When I am elected, | 一旦我当选 |
[40:16] | I will appoint you, I promise. | 我保证会任命你 |
[40:19] | You have my word on that. | 君子一言 驷马难追 |
[40:21] | Think of what we could do for this city. | 想想我们可以为纽约做的事 |
[40:24] | You gotta let this go. | 别管这事了 |
[40:28] | Please. | 拜托 |
[40:32] | Give me the package Joe McUsic sent you… | 把乔·麦丘茨克给你的那个包裹给我 |
[40:35] | and I’ll put in a good word for you. | 我会帮你求情 |
[40:44] | Preliminary lab results indicate | 初步的实验室测试结果证实 |
[40:46] | at Stephen’s clothes had Lyla’s blood on it. | 史蒂芬的衣服上有被害者的血迹 |
[40:49] | Eddie was telling the truth. | 埃迪没骗我们 |
[40:50] | And C.S.U. found traces of cyanide in Stephen’s apartment. | 鉴证组在史蒂芬的公寓里发现了氰化物 |
[40:53] | Young Mr. Addison is going down for both murders… | 年轻的埃迪森先生被控两起谋杀 |
[40:55] | Negligent homicide for his sister. | 过失杀人 杀死他妹妹 |
[40:56] | – And murder one for Joe McUsic. – What happens to Eddie? | -一级谋杀 杀死乔·麦丘茨克 -那埃迪呢 |
[40:59] | We’ll charge him with accessory after the fact, | 我们会指控他事后从犯 |
[41:01] | but I’ll push for probation. I’ll call the D.A… | 但会争取缓刑 我去给检察官打电话 |
[41:05] | Well, whoever the mayor appoints as acting D.A. | 市长任命的代理地检官 |
[41:09] | Sir, I’m sorry about your friend. | 我为你朋友感到惋惜 |
[41:11] | Yeah. | 我明白 |
[41:14] | I mean, Lou screwed up. He did. | 路的确犯了错 |
[41:16] | But that doesn’t take away from the good he’s done. | 但不能否认他曾经的贡献 |
[41:18] | It’s unfortunate that despite all that good, | 不幸的是 无论他做过多少好事 |
[41:20] | he’s only gonna be remembered for this one bad thing. | 人们只会记住他的这个污点 |
[41:25] | Well, nice work, you two. Good night. | 你俩干得好 晚安 |
[41:31] | So… plans with Josh tonight? | 今晚和乔什有什么活动吗 |
[41:34] | No, he’s on shift. | 没 他轮班 |
[41:36] | I was thinking of sneaking off to the Angelika. | 我打算去安吉里卡看电影 |
[41:38] | “Forbidden Planet” is playing. | 正在上映《禁忌星球》 |
[41:40] | “Forbidden Planet”? | 《禁忌星球》 |
[41:41] | Is, uh… is that the one with the robot? | 是机器人的片子吗 |
[41:46] | You’ve never seen “Forbidden Planet”? | 你从没看过《禁忌星球》吗 |
[41:48] | More of a “Star Wars,” “Matrix” guy myself. | 我看《星球大战》《黑客帝国》之类的 |
[41:51] | Oh, my gosh. | 天哪 |
[41:51] | Castle, this is the movie that inspired those two. | 卡塞尔 这部电影启发了那两部 |
[41:55] | That’s it. I’m taking you. | 一起去吧 就这么定了 |
[41:57] | – My treat. – Oh, no, no. I-I, uh, I have plans. | -我请客 -可我有安排了 |
[41:59] | Nope, not anymore. | 现在没了 |
[42:03] | All right. Well, can I have, uh, candy and popcorn? | 也行 我能吃糖果和爆米花吗 |
[42:06] | Sure. Oh, Castle, you’re gonna love this. | 当然 卡塞尔 你肯定会喜欢的 |
[42:09] | This is Leslie Nielsen | 这是莱斯利·尼尔森 |
[42:11] | before he became a comic genius. | 成为喜剧大师前的作品 |
[42:13] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[42:15] | Can we stop at Remy’s for burgers after? | 看完能去雷米餐厅吃汉堡吗 |
[42:17] | – Now you’re pushing it. – Oh. | -别得寸进尺 -好吧 |
[42:18] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[42:19] | So it starts off at the beginning of the 23rd century… | 故事开始于二十三世纪初… |