时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | There are two kinds of folks | 世间有两种人总在思考 |
[00:01] | Who sit around thinking about how to kill people | 如何杀人 |
[00:03] | Psychopaths and mystery writers. | 精神病患者和侦探小说作家 |
[00:05] | I’m the kind that pays better. Who am I? | 我属于高收入的后者 我是谁 |
[00:07] | I’m Rick Castle. | 我是里克·卡塞尔 |
[00:09] | I really am ruggedly handsome, aren’t I? | 我浑身都散发着粗犷美 是不是 |
[00:11] | Every writer needs inspiration, | 每位作家都离不开灵感 |
[00:13] | – And I’ve found mine. – Detective Kate Beckett. | -我的灵感已经找到了 -凯特·贝克特探长 |
[00:15] | Beckett. Beckett. | 贝克特 贝克特 |
[00:16] | – Nikki Heat? – The character he’s basing on you. | -妮基·希特 -那个角色是以你为原型 |
[00:18] | And thanks to my friendship with the mayor, | 很庆幸我和市长是朋友 |
[00:19] | I get to be on her case. | 她办案我能跟着 |
[00:21] | I would be happy to let you spank me. | 要是你能打我 我会很开心 |
[00:22] | And together, we catch killers. | 我们一起抓过凶手 |
[00:24] | We make a pretty good team, you know? | 我们俩可是最佳拍档 |
[00:25] | Like Starsky and Hutch, Turner and Hooch. | 像是警界双雄[电影] 福星福将[电影] |
[00:27] | You do remind me a little of Hooch. | 你跟呼哧[福星福将的福星狗]挺像 |
[01:13] | Well, that’s easy. | 这好像很容易 |
[01:15] | All right. What do we do next? | 好的 接下来我们做什么 |
[01:17] | Set up your profile. | 建立你的档案 |
[01:19] | Name–Martha Rodgers. | 姓名 玛莎·罗杰斯 |
[01:21] | – Sex–female. – Right. | -性别 女 -好的 |
[01:23] | – Race– – Color-blind. | -民族 -色盲 |
[01:25] | Why should I categorize myself? | 为什么我非得归到某类里面 |
[01:27] | Shades of gray, darling. | 填灰色不明 亲爱的 |
[01:28] | – Age? – Ageless. | -年龄 -长生不老 |
[01:30] | No, better yet timeless. | 不 青春永驻更好 |
[01:32] | Oh, you don’t want to put that. | 你不会真想这么填吧 |
[01:33] | It makes you sound like you belong in a museum. | 那听起来你像是博物馆里的展品 |
[01:35] | Oh, you have a point. | 你说得有道理 |
[01:36] | Uh… I know. Type in “old enough.” | 我知道了 就填”足够大”好了 |
[01:39] | Nice. Uh-huh. | 这个好 |
[01:40] | What are you ladies doing? | 你们在搞什么 |
[01:41] | Alexis is assisting me in creating a my face account. | 阿丽克西斯缠着让我弄个Myface账户 |
[01:44] | – I think you mean – Save your breath. | -我想你意思是 -先让我说 |
[01:46] | I’ve been correcting her all morning. | 我一早上都在纠正她 |
[01:48] | Well, it’s my face, isn’t it? | 这是我自己的 对不对 |
[01:50] | It’s not your face or someone else’s face. I don’t– | 不是你的或其他人的 我不 |
[01:53] | Well, anyway, my fellow cast members | 不管怎样 我们剧组的成员 |
[01:56] | Have been raving about what fun it is, | 总说吹嘘这网站有多有趣 |
[01:58] | What a great networking tool it is, so here I am. | 是强大的人际关系网工具 所以我也加了 |
[02:02] | And now you just need to select a photo | 现在你只需要选一张照片 |
[02:03] | – For your profile page.- Okay, should we go | -显示在你个人主页上 -好的 是选 |
[02:06] | Dramatic…or | 梦幻版呢 |
[02:08] | Commercial…or | 广告版 |
[02:10] | Sassy? Mm. | 还是性感版呢 |
[02:13] | Don’t you have anything from this century? | 你就没有新世纪的照片吗 |
[02:15] | Why, you think the hair’s a bit dated? | 怎么了 你觉得这发型过时了吗 |
[02:17] | Not exactly what I was getting at. | 不仅仅因为发型 |
[02:18] | I know what you were getting at. | 我知道你想说什么 |
[02:20] | You’re no spring chicken yourself, you know? | 你也不再是小年轻了 知道吗 |
[02:22] | Have you looked in the mirror lately? | 最近你照过镜子没有 |
[02:23] | I have two words for you– “hairline” and “receding.” | 两个词形容你恰当不过 “抬头纹” “色衰” |
[02:28] | Ha! Made you look. | 还是先打点好自己吧 |
[02:31] | She totally got you, dad. | 她骗到你了 爸爸 |
[02:35] | Yes, Beckett. Either there’s a dead body | 是的 贝克特 是有命案了 |
[02:36] | Or you just want to hear my sultry voice. | 还是你想念我迷人的声音 |
[02:40] | Dead body it is. Where? | 有命案是吧 哪里 |
[02:44] | You got here fast, Castle. | 你动作还真快 卡塞尔 |
[02:45] | – My side of town. – So what do we got? | -城这边可是我的地盘 -什么情况 |
[02:47] | May I? | 能让我来吗 |
[02:48] | – Be my guest.- Thank you. | -请便 -谢谢 |
[02:49] | – Our victim’s name is Caleb Shiminsky. – Shimansky. | -受害人叫卡勒布·谢密斯基 -谢曼斯基 |
[02:52] | – Is that an “a”? – Yeah, it’s an “a.” | -那是”曼” -是”曼” |
[02:53] | He was pulling a Kevin Bacon in “Quicksilver,” when all | 他像凯文·贝肯在《银色快手》那样送货 |
[02:56] | – I’m sorry, a what? – “Quicksilver.” | -抱歉 什么 -《银色快手》 |
[02:58] | Kevin Bacon is a bike messenger who failed as | 凯文·贝肯演的是自行车快递员 |
[03:01] | Esposito, take him to school. | 埃斯波西托 让他开开眼 |
[03:03] | The victim is Caleb Shimansky, an on-duty bike messenger. | 受害人是卡勒布·谢曼斯基 自行车快递员 |
[03:06] | A masked suspect in a black 4-door plows into him, | 嫌犯带面罩 开四门轿车 |
[03:09] | Killing him instantly. | 撞了他 他当场死亡 |
[03:10] | Then the suspect steals the messenger bag, | 然后嫌犯偷走了他的包裹 |
[03:12] | Jumps in his ride and jets off. | 跳上车 一溜烟跑了 |
[03:15] | See? That wasn’t so hard. | 看到没 没那么复杂 |
[03:16] | No, no. It’s good | 不 不 是不错 |
[03:17] | If you like the dull, non-bestseller version. | 如果你喜欢无聊非畅销作家版本的话 |
[03:19] | I thought I gave it some flair. | 我觉得我讲得无懈可击 |
[03:21] | I’m assuming we have plenty of witnesses. | 我猜应该有很多证人 |
[03:22] | Several. Three of them got the suspect’s license plate number. | 不少 有3人记下了嫌犯的车牌号 |
[03:25] | Aw, man. It’s like having a cheat code. | 这就像是戳穿了骗子的把戏 |
[03:27] | You’ve got multiple witnesses and a license plate number? | 有多个证人和车牌号 |
[03:30] | It’s gonna take you all of, what, five minutes to solve it? | 这你5分钟就能搞定了 |
[03:32] | Ran the suspect’s plates. | 查过嫌犯的车牌 |
[03:33] | The car was reported stolen an hour ago. | 一小时前那辆车报失了 |
[03:35] | Masked man in a stolen car, our thief planned this | 戴面罩还开偷来的车 精心策划 |
[03:38] | And obviously wanted what was ever in that messenger bag. | 显然他想要的是那个包裹 |
[03:41] | Something our vic was delivering– A package or a box. | 那包被害人要送的东西 包裹或是纸盒 |
[03:45] | Contact the courier company. | 马上联系快递公司 |
[03:46] | I want to know what was in that bag. | 我想知道那包里有什么 |
[03:47] | Whatever it was, | 不管是什么 |
[03:48] | It was important enough to kill the messenger. | 都重要到需要杀死快递员 |
[03:51] | Sir, we got an A.P.B. Out on the car, | 长官 我们已经全面通缉那辆车 |
[03:52] | But Esposito and Ryan got nothing on the canvass. | 但埃斯波西托和莱恩还没什么发现 |
[03:55] | Do we know what was in the package? | 知道包裹里是什么了吗 |
[03:56] | The, uh, courier company’s looking into it right now. | 快递公司正在查 |
[03:58] | Whatever it was, somebody thought that it was worth killing for. | 不管是什么 某人认为为那东西值得杀人 |
[04:01] | Off the top of my head, | 我现在能想到的 |
[04:02] | I’m gonna with nuclear launch codes, | 只有核弹发射的密码 |
[04:04] | Dick Cheney’s soul on its way to the devil– | 迪克·切尼[美国副总统]正走向邪恶的道路 |
[04:06] | All good theories, Castle. All good theories. | 想法不错 卡塞尔 非常不错 |
[04:09] | Um, sir… Are you okay? | 长官 你没事吧 |
[04:12] | You seem a little distracted. | 你看上去有点走神 |
[04:14] | No, I’m focused… | 没有 我正在想 |
[04:17] | Focused on my precinct being up for review | 我的管辖区正在接受检查 |
[04:19] | And our case closure rate being just under One-P-p’s | 我们的破案率现在低于 |
[04:21] | New mandated minimum, which, of course, | 新管理政策要求的最小值 当然 |
[04:23] | Doesn’t take the budget cuts into consideration. | 还没有包括预算减少的问题 |
[04:25] | Now how the hell am I supposed to catch more bad guys | 我究竟怎么才能用更少的探员 |
[04:27] | With fewer detectives? | 抓更多的罪犯 |
[04:29] | Yo, Cap. Courier company said the vic | 头儿 快递公司说 |
[04:31] | Only had one package in his bag, | 死者出事时身上只有一个包裹 |
[04:32] | Picked up from 27-39 West 2nd, apartment, 3-c. | 发件人住在西2区27-39 3C座 |
[04:35] | Sent by one S. Nidal Mattar. I ran it through the system. | 发件人叫夏·尼达尔·麦塔 我查过了 |
[04:39] | There’s a Shakir Nidal Mattar on the terror watch list. | 恐怖分子名单中有夏奇拉·尼达尔·麦塔 |
[04:42] | – Could be the same guy. – Where was the package going? | -也许是同一个人 -包裹是要送到哪里的 |
[04:44] | 6-1-4 East 72nd. | 东72区 6-1-4 |
[04:45] | East 72nd? That’s the 64th precinct. | 东72区 那是64区管片 |
[04:47] | Sir, that could be an attack. | 长官 可能是恐怖袭击 |
[04:48] | I need a full tactical alert. Have ’em evacuate the building. | 全线警备 所有人撤离 |
[04:50] | I’ll coordinate with Homeland Security. | 我向国土安全部汇报 |
[04:51] | This is Detective Beckett. | 我是贝克特探长 |
[04:52] | Yeah, this is Captain Roy Montgomery… | 我是罗伊·蒙哥马利上尉 |
[04:52] | We have a possible terrorist attack against the 64… | 可能有恐怖袭击 目标64 |
[04:56] | Get E.S.U. over to the pickup address immediately. You got it. | 让紧急服务小组立即查地址 明白吗 |
[04:58] | All units on alert. | 所有单位警戒 |
[04:59] | Yeah, this is Montgomery over at 12th precinct. | 我是12区负责人蒙哥马利 |
[05:01] | NYPD! NYPD! Hands! Clear! | 纽约警察 举起手里 安全 |
[05:04] | Where’s Nidal Mattar? | 尼达尔·麦塔在哪里 |
[05:06] | Shakir Nidal Mattar– Where is he? | 夏奇拉·尼达尔·麦塔 他在哪里 |
[05:08] | There’s no Shakir Nidal Mattar here. | 这里没有什么夏奇拉·尼达尔·麦塔 |
[05:11] | Only Sally Niedermeyer. | 只有萨利·尼德梅尔 |
[05:13] | Ma’am, did you send a package by bike courier this morning? | 太太 今早你是不是找快递公司送了包裹 |
[05:16] | Yes, I did. | 没错 是我 |
[05:18] | S. Nidal Mattar? S. Niedermeyer. | 夏·尼达尔·麦塔 是萨·尼德梅尔 |
[05:23] | Some bozo at the courier company wrote the name wrong. | 肯定是快递写错了名字 |
[05:26] | Our bad. | 我们搞错了 |
[05:27] | I’m going to–we can– Yeah, we can fix this. | 我会 我们会 把门修好的 |
[05:30] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[05:34] | Mrs. Niedermeyer, somebody stole the courier bag | 尼德梅尔太太 有人偷了你的包裹 |
[05:37] | That your package was in, and in the course of the crime, | 你的包裹和一起刑事案件有关 |
[05:39] | A bike messenger was killed. | 自行车快递员被杀害了 |
[05:41] | Oh, that’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[05:43] | Yeah, we’re trying to figure out why they stole the bag. | 我们正在查为何包裹被偷 |
[05:45] | – You sent it to the 64th Precinct, is that right? – Yes. | -收件人是64区 是吗 -没错 |
[05:49] | – Could you tell us what was in the package? – No. | -能说说包裹里是什么吗 -不能 |
[05:52] | – No? – No. | -不能吗 -不能 |
[05:54] | “No” you don’t want to or “no” you don’t remember | 是你不想说 还是不记得 |
[05:57] | – Or know what’s in the package? – Yes… | -还是你也不知道里面是什么 -是的 |
[06:00] | To the second part, the–the–the don’t know part. | 后半句的意思 也不知道里面是什么那句 |
[06:03] | Where’d you get the package? | 这个包裹是哪来的 |
[06:06] | From my favorite nephew– Brady. | 我最疼爱的侄子布莱迪给我的 |
[06:09] | Okay, where can we find Brady? | 好的 怎么能找到布莱迪呢 |
[06:11] | – In prison. – “Prison” prison? | -监狱里 -真的监狱吗 |
[06:14] | When did he give you the package? | 他什么时候给你包裹的 |
[06:15] | Ten years ago, | 10年前 |
[06:17] | Just before they sent him upstate. | 就在他被关进去之前 |
[06:19] | Brady came over, handed me the package, | 布莱迪来找我 给了我这个包裹 |
[06:22] | And then he said,”mema, take good care of this package. | 跟我说 “姑妈 收好这个包裹 |
[06:26] | “Don’t tell anyone about it. | 跟谁都不要说 |
[06:29] | And never, ever open it.” | 也绝对不要打开它” |
[06:32] | Then why all of a sudden would you messenger it? | 那你为什么突然要寄出去 |
[06:34] | Brady called… About 7:30 this morning, | 今早大约7点半 布莱迪给我打电话 |
[06:37] | And asked me to send it right away | 让我立刻把它寄给 |
[06:40] | To the man it was addressed to, | 那个地址上的那个男的 |
[06:42] | The man who arrested him ten years ago– | 那个10年前逮捕他的人 |
[06:45] | Detective Roy Montgomery. | 罗伊·蒙哥马利探员 |
[06:49] | It’s Captain Roy Montgomery now. | 现在是罗伊·蒙哥马利上尉了 |
[06:52] | Oh. You know him? | 看来你认识他 |
[06:55] | Yeah. He’s our boss. | 是的 他是我们头儿 |
[06:58] | – The package was coming to me?- Yeah. | -包裹是寄给我的吗 -是的 |
[06:59] | – What’s his name again?- Brady Thompson. | -那人叫什么 -布莱迪·汤姆逊 |
[07:02] | It was back when you were a Detective with the 6-4. | 那时你在6-4区当探员 |
[07:03] | Oh, yeah. It’s ringing some bells. | 是的 我有点印象了 |
[07:05] | But why would he send me a 10yearold package? | 但他为何要寄个十年前的包裹给我 |
[07:06] | Esposito’s on the phone with corrections. | 埃斯波西托正在查 |
[07:08] | He’s trying to get an interview. | 他正准备去问问情况 |
[07:09] | Do you recall anything at all about him? | 你有没有想起跟他有关的任何事情 |
[07:11] | Yeah, he killed a lady– a push-in robbery gone bad. | 他入室抢劫被发现 杀害了一个女人 |
[07:14] | Open-and-shut case. | 没有任何疑点的案子 |
[07:15] | I think we even got a confession out of him. | 我记得他供认不讳 |
[07:16] | The aunt said that he was pretty insistent | 他姑妈说他一再强调 |
[07:18] | About getting the package directly to you. | 要把这个包裹直接交到你手上 |
[07:20] | Do you know why that would be? | 你知道他为什么这么做吗 |
[07:21] | You would have to ask him. | 你可以去问问他 |
[07:22] | Not unless you’re performing a séance. He’s dead. | 除非你能通灵 他已经死了 |
[07:25] | Got shanked in prison this morning. | 今天上午在监狱里被人捅死了 |
[07:27] | This morning? That’s no coincidence. | 今天上午吗 绝非巧合 |
[07:31] | Have records pull everything from the old case. | 把旧案子的资料全调出来 |
[07:33] | If memory serves, Brady was married when he went away. | 如果我没记错 布莱迪那时已经结婚了 |
[07:36] | See if the wife is still the wife and if she knows anything. | 查查他离婚没有 看看她知道些什么 |
[07:37] | Beckett, call the Warden. | 贝克特 打给监狱长 |
[07:39] | I want to see what they know about Brady’s murder. | 我要了解布莱迪被杀时的情况 |
[07:40] | And I need copies of all his phone calls. | 还有他电话记录的复印件 |
[07:42] | I want to know exactly what he said to Aunt Sally | 我要知道他跟萨利姑妈说了什么 |
[07:44] | – And anyone else, for that matter. – Okay. | -和跟任何人的通话记录 -好的 |
[07:46] | Hey, Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[07:48] | Paisley Shimansky’s here to see you. | 佩斯利·谢曼斯基要见你 |
[07:50] | That’s the bike messenger’s sister. Excuse me. | 是自行车快递员的姐姐 失陪一下 |
[08:13] | How does she do that? | 她怎么能办得到 |
[08:15] | Better than anyone I know. | 她比任何人都适合去谈 |
[08:24] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[08:27] | Her brother died trying to get something to me. | 她弟弟遇害 只因给我送快递 |
[08:30] | No, I’m not okay. | 不 我不会善罢甘休 |
[08:45] | The prison sent over The last two phone calls Brady made. | 监狱送过来布莱迪最后的两个电话记录 |
[08:48] | Can’t I just put it in the mail? | 我不能直接用平信寄过去吗 |
[08:50] | No, Aunt Sally. You’ve gotta take it down there yourself. | 不行 萨利姑妈 你必须亲自送过去 |
[08:53] | Oh, my hip’s been acting up again. | 我的髋骨老毛病又发作了 |
[08:55] | Then call a messenger service. | 那就叫快递公司 |
[08:56] | – I’ll pay you back, okay? – All right. | -回头我给你钱 好吗 -好的 |
[08:59] | Alright. I’ll take care of it. | 好的 我会处理好的 |
[09:01] | I’ve gotta go now, okay? | 我得挂了 |
[09:02] | Take care now, Brady. Love you. | 照顾好自己 布莱迪 爱你 |
[09:06] | Love you, too, mema. I-I gotta go. | 我也爱你 姑妈 我得挂了 |
[09:11] | Nothing about what was in the package. | 包裹里的东西 一句也没提到 |
[09:12] | At 7:23, he makes this phone call to his wife. | 7点23分 他给妻子打了电话 |
[09:15] | Yes, I’ll accept the charges. | 是的 我会付那些钱 |
[09:17] | – Val. – Hey, babe. | -薇尔 -宝贝 |
[09:18] | Val, listen to me | 薇尔 听我说 |
[09:20] | Remember what we talked about last time you visited? | 记得上次你来看我时 说的话吗 |
[09:23] | – I remember.- It’s goin’ down today. | -我记得 -就是今天了 |
[09:25] | You and Jared get out of the house now. | 你和杰瑞德现在就搬出那栋房子 |
[09:27] | – But, Brady– – There’s no time to talk. Just go | -但是 布莱迪 -没时间细说了 快走 |
[09:29] | Everything’s gonna be all right. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[09:30] | Give Jared a kiss from dad, okay? | 替我亲亲杰瑞德 好吗 |
[09:32] | – I love you. – I love you, too. Bye. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 拜 |
[09:36] | Brady was killed 45 minutes after those 2 phone calls. | 布莱迪打完电话45分钟后 就被杀了 |
[09:39] | Yeah, but we don’t have a why or a who. | 但不知道他何被杀 凶手是谁 |
[09:41] | Or a how it’s related to your mystery package. | 还有这和神秘包裹有什么关系 |
[09:43] | – Warden have any suspects? – A whole prison yard full. | -监狱长有嫌犯吗 -监狱的院内都是人 |
[09:46] | He was shanked in the yard. There were no witnesses. | 他在院内被杀 没目击者 |
[09:49] | Warden’s less than optimistic about catching the killer. | 监狱长说抓到罪犯的可能性很渺茫 |
[09:51] | Brady have any beefs? | 布莱迪常惹麻烦吗 |
[09:53] | Apparently he was the model prisoner. | 他是个模范犯人 |
[09:55] | Then it must have been a hit, ordered from the outside. | 那就是外面雇人干的 |
[09:57] | By the same guy who killed our messenger. | 和杀死快递员的是同一个 |
[10:00] | Any luck on tracking down Brady’s wife? | 联系到布莱迪的妻子了吗 |
[10:01] | Big fat zippo. But they left the apartment in a hurry. | 没那么走运 他们走得很迅速 |
[10:04] | I pinged their cell phones, tracked their credit cards. | 我追踪他们的手机 信用卡记录 |
[10:06] | – She’s off the grid. – Maybe not completely. | -她躲起来了 -也不是完全消失 |
[10:08] | I just got off the phone with the son’s school. | 我打电话去她儿子的学校 |
[10:10] | According to the principal, | 据校长说 |
[10:11] | Brady’s kid misses class every Tuesday | 布莱迪儿子每周二都不去上课 |
[10:13] | Because he’s got some kind of respiratory condition. | 因为患有严重的呼吸系统疾病 |
[10:15] | Tomorrow’s Tuesday. You get the doctor’s name? | 明天就是周二 查到医生的名字了吗 |
[10:18] | Let’s set up on the office in the morning. | 明天一早我们去办公室守着 |
[10:20] | We might get lucky. | 也许能有收获 |
[10:22] | Whatcha doing, mother, | 妈妈 你在干什么 |
[10:24] | Working on your play? | 在研究你的剧本吗 |
[10:25] | Oh, I wish. | 我倒希望 |
[10:27] | I’ve been bombarded with friend requests. | 想加我为好友的人都快挤爆了 |
[10:29] | It’s like a part-time job. | 这简直像在兼职工作 |
[10:31] | And these exchanges are just ridiculous. | 有些人实在太可笑了 |
[10:34] | Dot Ellison, | 多特·埃里森 |
[10:35] | Who I have absolutely no desire to reconnect with, | 是我死都不想再联系的人 |
[10:38] | Has just wasted 20 minutes of my life | 刚刚却浪费了我20分钟的生命 |
[10:42] | Recounting the bravery | 一直跟我讲 |
[10:43] | Of her cat passing a kidney stone. | 她的猫是多么勇敢地面对肾结石 |
[10:46] | Well, it could’ve been worse. | 这样算不错了 |
[10:48] | She could’ve sent you a video. | 她没给寄视频算你走运了 |
[10:49] | Joining up with this fad was a terrible mistake. | 赶时髦这做法真是失策 |
[10:51] | Nothing good comes from the Internet. | 网络上就没带给人什么好东西 |
[10:54] | Oh, you just got another friend request. | 你又收到一个好友邀请 |
[10:56] | O.M.G.! Chet Palaburn. | 天啊 是查特·帕拉本 |
[10:59] | Who’s Chet Palaburn? | 谁是查特·帕拉本 |
[11:00] | Star athlete, class president, homecoming king… | 明星运动员 班长 返校舞会王子 |
[11:04] | My high school sweetheart, and my first. | 我高中时的爱人 也是我的初恋 |
[11:08] | I really didn’t need to know that last part. | 后面那句真不用告诉我的 |
[11:10] | Oh, oh. He sent a message with his request. | 他的请求还附加了条消息 |
[11:12] | “I’m living in New York now and would love to see you. | “我现住纽约 很想见你 |
[11:15] | Martha, you haven’t changed a bit.” | 玛莎 你一点都没变” |
[11:18] | Oh, Chet Palaburn. Can you believe it? | 查特·帕拉本 你能相信吗 |
[11:20] | And did you see that message? | 看到那条消息没 |
[11:23] | You do know that Chet’s comments | 你知道查特的留言 |
[11:25] | Are based on a 20-year-old photo? | 是基于你20岁时的照片 |
[11:32] | Should I accept his friend request? | 我该接受请求 加他为好友吗 |
[11:35] | I mean, the last time I laid eyes on him, | 我上次见他的时候 |
[11:37] | I was 18 and–and now he sees this photo | 我才18 现在他又看到了这照片 |
[11:40] | And now this and–ugh. | 但是我现在是 |
[11:42] | – What do I do? – It’s your call. | -我该怎么办 -你得自己决定 |
[11:45] | There’s always Dot and her kitty cat’s medical mysteries. | 网上总有像多特和猫咪历险记的故事 |
[11:51] | Everything okay? | 你还好吧 |
[11:54] | Another dead end in the messenger case. | 快递员的案子线索又断了 |
[11:56] | Uniforms located the stolen car that ran him down, | 警察找到了撞他的车 |
[11:58] | But C.S.U. got bubkes– no prints, no hairs. | 但鉴证科一无所获 无指纹 无头发 |
[12:01] | It’s sounding more and more like a professional hit. | 听着越来越像专业人士干的 |
[12:03] | What about surveillance? | 监控状况如何 |
[12:04] | Any cameras around where the car was dumped? | 弃车地点附近有摄像头吗 |
[12:06] | Nah. Our masked man knew what he was doing. | 没 这蒙面男很懂行 |
[12:08] | Well, at least our tip on the doctor paid off. | 至少医生这条线有所收获 |
[12:10] | Prison vic’s wife came in with her son first thing this morning. | 被害人的妻子 今早带着儿子去看医生了 |
[12:13] | The Captain and Beckett are interviewing her now. | 头儿和贝克特正在找她问话 |
[12:17] | – I’m gonna go… – I wouldn’t do… | -我要去 -我不会 |
[12:19] | Do you have any idea who killed him? | 你们知道有谁可能害死他吗 |
[12:24] | We’re working on it. | 我们正在调查 |
[12:25] | Mrs. Thompson, do you know anything about a package | 汤姆逊夫人 你知不知道 |
[12:27] | That your husband asked his Aunt Sally | 你丈夫昨天让他姨妈萨利 |
[12:28] | – To send out for him yesterday? – Yeah. | -替他寄个包裹 -知道 |
[12:32] | It was his insurance policy. | 那是他的保险单 |
[12:34] | He gave it to her when he went away. | 他临走前交给她的 |
[12:35] | – Insurance policy? – It was proof | -保险单 -那是证据 |
[12:37] | He didn’t kill the woman he went to jail for murdering. | 他虽然因杀人入狱 却并没犯案 |
[12:40] | – But he confessed. – Well, he might have confessed, | -但他当初认罪了 -他或许是认罪了 |
[12:42] | But he didn’t do it. | 但其实并未犯罪 |
[12:43] | With all due respect, Mrs. Thompson, | 汤姆逊夫人 恕我直言 |
[12:44] | Half the men in prison will swear up and down | 一半的囚犯都会指天画地地发誓 |
[12:46] | They didn’t do it. | 说自己没犯罪 |
[12:47] | Do those men’s wives get a package | 那他们的妻子都会每个月 |
[12:49] | In the mail every month with $7,000 cash in it? | 收到一份内有七千现金的信封吗 |
[12:52] | Uh, your husband confessed | 你丈夫是为了钱 |
[12:54] | To a murder he didn’t commit for money? | 才认下了自己不曾犯有的罪 |
[12:56] | I know this will sound crazy, | 我知道这听上去不可信 |
[12:57] | But we didn’t know what else to do. | 但我们别无他法 |
[13:00] | Jared was born with a rare respiratory disease, | 杰瑞德出生时便患有罕见的呼吸疾病 |
[13:02] | And we didn’t have the money or the insurance | 我们没钱 也没有医保 |
[13:04] | To get him the therapy he needed. | 让他接受相应的治疗 |
[13:06] | If Brady hadn’t done what he did, | 要是布莱迪当时没那么干 |
[13:07] | Jared wouldn’t even be alive right now. | 杰瑞德现在根本不可能活着 |
[13:10] | Did Brady ever tell you who actually | 布莱迪是否告诉过你 |
[13:11] | Committed the murder He went away for? | 他在帮谁顶罪吗 |
[13:13] | No. I don’t even know if he knew who it was. | 没有 我怀疑他自己也不知道实情 |
[13:15] | Over ten years, you never asked who his contact was, | 这十年来 你从没问过是谁联络他 |
[13:18] | Who approached him, who was paying you? | 是谁接洽他 是谁付你钱吗 |
[13:19] | You just conveniently never bothered to ask? | 你只是装作什么都不知道 收钱就好 |
[13:21] | I asked! But Brady felt that | 我问过 但布莱迪认为 |
[13:23] | The less I knew, the safer I would be. | 我知道得越少就越安全 |
[13:25] | Even the packages didn’t have a return address. | 连那个包裹都没写回邮地址 |
[13:28] | Look, Captain, my husband was just killed. | 上尉 我丈夫刚刚遇害 |
[13:32] | I’m telling you all I know. | 我已经知无不言 |
[13:41] | Okay, so what we know so far | 好吧 我们目前所掌握的 |
[13:42] | Is that about four months ago, | 就是大约四个月前 |
[13:44] | The payments to Brady started arriving late, | 给布莱迪的酬劳开始迟到 |
[13:46] | Short and then finally, not at all. | 减少 甚至最后 停寄了 |
[13:48] | And according to the wife, that’s when Brady decided | 据他妻子所言 因此布莱迪决定 |
[13:50] | To messenger over his insurance policy. | 寄出他的保险单 |
[13:53] | That was supposed to prove his innocence. | 来证明自己的清白 |
[13:55] | Our patsy Brady had to be in communication | 不管是谁付钱给他 |
[13:57] | With whoever was making payments. | 布莱迪肯定一直在跟他联系 |
[13:58] | Prison should have a record of everyone Brady talked to. | 监狱应该有布莱迪会客谈话的记录 |
[14:00] | We already checked his phone logs. There’s nothing there. | 我们查过电话记录了 一无所获 |
[14:02] | – How about email? – We’re running it down. | -电邮呢 -马上去查 |
[14:04] | Well, whatever Brady said, it worked. | 不管布莱迪说过什么 反正奏效了 |
[14:06] | Payments started up again, then a month ago, nothing. | 他的酬劳又按时送达 直到一个月前 又停了 |
[14:09] | Think maybe Brady got fed up with the situation? | 没准布莱迪受够了这情况 |
[14:11] | Figured if whoever he made the deal with | 他想反正对方 |
[14:12] | Wasn’t holding up their end of the bargain, why was he? | 自己都没遵守 那他也不必坚持了 |
[14:14] | Then he calls up his Aunt Sally, | 然后他联系了他姨妈萨利 |
[14:15] | Asks her to send the evidence that proves his innocence | 叫她把能证明自己清白的证据 |
[14:18] | To the arresting officer. | 寄给负责逮捕他的警官 |
[14:19] | Is it possible someone was monitoring his calls? | 有没可能有人在监听他的电话 |
[14:22] | I mean, whoever killed our bike messenger | 不管是谁杀了快递员 |
[14:23] | Had to have been tipped off the package was in motion. | 肯定是收到了包裹寄出的消息 |
[14:25] | The only people that monitor calls are prison staff. | 唯一能监听电话的 就是监狱工作人员 |
[14:27] | $7,000 a month for 10 years is almost $1 million total. | 十年来 每月七千美金 那可就是百万美金 |
[14:31] | Whoever we’re dealing with obviously has the means | 不管我们在查的是谁 很显然 |
[14:32] | To buy somebody off. | 他有的是收买人的办法 |
[14:34] | Get the duty roster from the prison. | 查一下监狱的轮值表 |
[14:35] | See who was working when Brady made his calls. | 看布莱迪打电话时是谁当值 |
[14:37] | Set up a protection detail for the wife and the kid. | 为他老婆孩子办好证人保护计划 |
[14:39] | It’s already done, sir. | 已经办好了 长官 |
[14:47] | Captain, you had the confessions, the evidence. | 上尉 你有认罪口供和证据 |
[14:49] | Anyone would’ve come to the same conclusion. | 每个人都会做出相同的决定 |
[14:52] | I didn’t push hard enough. I knew this case was off. | 我不够努力 还以为可以结案了 |
[14:55] | Everything just fell into place so perfectly. | 每件事情都这么有条不紊 |
[14:57] | Now what have we got? | 看看现在什么情况 |
[14:58] | An innocent bystander with no connection to the killer. | 和凶手毫无关联的人无辜被害 |
[15:00] | And without physical evidence, | 而且根本没有物证 |
[15:01] | There’s no way of tracking who was driving that car. | 根本无法确定谁开的那辆车 |
[15:03] | And catching a break on a prison murder? | 想从狱中凶犯那找到突破口 |
[15:05] | That’s a long shot, | 可没那么容易 |
[15:06] | Especially if you’re dealing with a corrupt guard. | 尤其这事还牵涉到腐败案 |
[15:07] | But we still have the original murder from ten years ago. | 但我们手中还有十年前那桩杀人案 |
[15:10] | Everything started there. | 一切事情从那里开始 |
[15:11] | Two fresh bodies, and you want to look | 刚出了两桩凶杀案 你却想去查 |
[15:12] | At a murder 10years cold? | 十年前的老案子 |
[15:14] | Uh… When I’m writing a story, | 就拿我写小说来说 |
[15:17] | The beginning is always the hardest, | 万事总是开头难 |
[15:19] | But if you nail that, | 但只要起了个好头 |
[15:21] | The rest of it could just fall into place. | 其他的自然就不在话下了 |
[15:23] | Castle, this is not one of your books. | 卡塞尔 这不是你的小说 |
[15:24] | No, but it is a mystery, and all mysteries are the same– | 但这是个谜 所有的谜案都是一样的 |
[15:29] | Motive, opportunity, cover-up, conscience. | 动机 机会 掩饰 良知 |
[15:31] | These murders today were to cover up one ten years ago. | 今天的两起命案 是为了掩盖十年前的案子 |
[15:34] | That’s where your leads are gonna be. | 那线索就该从那查起 |
[15:36] | Come on, Captain. What do you say? | 上尉 你觉得呢 |
[15:37] | Let’s take a little trip down memory lane. | 咱们就来小小缅怀下往事吧 |
[15:41] | Olivia Debiasse, 20 years old. | 奥利维亚·德比西 20岁 |
[15:43] | Neighbors found her bludgeoned to death in her apartment. | 邻居发现她陈尸自家公寓 |
[15:47] | Hmm. There were some things missing from her apartment. | 她公寓肯定少了什么 |
[15:48] | Whoever killed her | 不论是谁杀了她 |
[15:49] | Tried to make it look like a robbery gone wrong. | 都想让这看起来是一起抢劫案 |
[15:51] | There should be something in there | 我们调查的那位勤杂工 |
[15:52] | About a handyman that we looked at for it. | 肯定跟这事多少有点关系 |
[15:54] | He had a criminal record, he worked in the building. | 他有案底 而且就在那楼里工作 |
[15:56] | If it was him, I’m in the wrong line of work. | 是他干的话 我可真入错了行 |
[15:58] | $7,000 a month for a handyman? | 勤杂工月收入7000块 |
[16:01] | We moved off him once we moved on Brady. | 有证据指向布莱迪后 就排除了他 |
[16:02] | An anonymous tip came in. | 后来接到了个匿名线报 |
[16:04] | Felt like a break at the time. | 那会来说还真够及时的 |
[16:05] | Yeah, brought him in, leaned on him for, what, | 我们抓了他 审了大概 |
[16:07] | Maybe a half-hour before he broke. | 估计最多半小时 他就招了 |
[16:09] | You know, it’s funny. | 知道吗 很有趣的是 |
[16:10] | I-I never actually even looked at some of these reports | 我从未真正看过这些报告 |
[16:12] | Because once the canvassing detectives turned them in, | 因为检调单位送来的时候 |
[16:14] | We already had Brady in custody. | 布莱迪早就被羁押了 |
[16:15] | Well, it says here that Olivia went to a party earlier | 上面说了 奥利维亚被害当晚 |
[16:17] | – The night she was killed.- It says here the Pierson Club. | -先去参加了派对 -是在皮尔逊俱乐部 |
[16:20] | The Pierson Club? | 皮尔逊俱乐部 |
[16:22] | That’s high society. | 那可是上流社会聚集地 |
[16:23] | That’s crime de la crime. | 那可是犯罪的温床 |
[16:24] | My money goes in banks. Their money buys banks. | 我的钱只够存银行 他们的钱足够买下银行 |
[16:26] | Sir, listen to this. A waitress gave a statement | 长官 听听这个 一名女服务生说 |
[16:29] | Saying that she saw Olivia having a heated argument | 她看到奥利维亚在派对上和一名男子 |
[16:32] | With a man at the party. | 发生了激烈争吵 |
[16:33] | – The plot thickens. – Mmhmm. There’s no name, | -阴谋味浓了 -这里没提名字 |
[16:35] | But according to the description she gave, | 但根据她所描述的 |
[16:36] | He was in his mid20s, medium build, | 他二十多岁 中等身材 |
[16:38] | Wearing a blue blazer and an orange striped tie. | 身穿蓝色外衣 戴橙色条纹领带 |
[16:41] | Ooh, I don’t know about you guys. | 我不知道你们怎么看 |
[16:42] | But I am getting a delicious millionaire playboy vibe here. | 我看就是个有钱的纨绔子弟在那泡妞 |
[16:45] | The waitress was under the impression | 女服务生记得 |
[16:46] | That he arrived with Olivia. | 他是跟奥利维亚一起来的 |
[16:48] | Olivia’s best friend was a gal that she worked with. | 奥利维亚最好的朋友是她的同事 |
[16:50] | Maybe she could tell us who Olivia hung out with. | 也许她知道奥利维亚当时跟谁在一起 |
[16:52] | Perlmutter just finished reviewing | 帕穆特刚重新看了 |
[16:53] | Olivia’s autopsy report from back in the day. | 奥利维亚当时的尸检报告 |
[16:56] | He says he found something. | 他说有所发现 |
[16:57] | You guys take the morgue. | 你们去停尸房 |
[16:58] | – I’ll follow-up on Olivia’s friend. – Thank you, sir. | -我跟进奥利维亚的朋友这边 -谢谢 长官 |
[17:02] | I’ve gone through Ms. Debiasse’s files, | 我重新看了看德比西女士的资料 |
[17:04] | And her autopsy was fairly limited. | 她的尸检报告实在乏善可陈 |
[17:07] | I assume, when Brady confessed, | 我猜是因为布莱迪认罪了 |
[17:08] | The M.E. decided not to be thorough. | 法医就觉得没必要太过仔细 |
[17:10] | Did he miss something? | 他漏了什么吗 |
[17:11] | – It’s hard to say. – What does your gut tell you? | -这很难说 -你直觉怎么认为 |
[17:13] | My gut tells me I’m hungry, but I’m not | 我直觉认为 我现在很饿 但是 |
[17:15] | Gonna be able to eat until I’m done with the two of you, | 在打发你们俩之前 我是吃不上东西的 |
[17:18] | So why don’t I just tell you | 所以我就痛快告诉你们 |
[17:19] | What my keen M.E. Training tells me? | 我训练有素的法医技能告诉我 |
[17:21] | All right, Brady said he hit Olivia with a baseball bat. | 布莱迪说他是用棒球棒袭击奥利维亚 |
[17:25] | But look at these. When I look at these wounds | 但看看这里 从这些伤口 |
[17:29] | And the skull fracture pattern, | 和她颅骨骨折的情况来看 |
[17:30] | I’m just not seeing a baseball bat strike. | 我认为这绝不是球棒所伤 |
[17:32] | Brady lied about killing her. | 布莱迪说谎说杀了人 |
[17:33] | He might have lied about what was used to do it. | 所以胡说行凶手法 也不稀奇 |
[17:36] | Can you determine how she was killed? | 你能确定她是怎么死的吗 |
[17:38] | It’d only be speculating. | 我只能凭推测 |
[17:39] | To do it properly, I’d have to x-ray the skull | 要证实的话 得给她头骨照X光才成 |
[17:41] | And examine the remains. | 还得检查她的遗骸 |
[17:43] | You want to exhume the body? | 你想掘出她的遗体 |
[17:44] | The only way to do it right. | 这是唯一的办法 |
[17:46] | Plus, who knows what else I might find? | 再说 谁知道还能不能有其他发现 |
[17:47] | Olivia was raised by a single mom who’s deceased as well. | 奥利维亚由母亲养大 母亲也已过世 |
[17:50] | So let me call the next of kin and see what I can do. | 我找找她的亲戚 看能帮上什么 |
[17:54] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[17:56] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[17:57] | You sure it’s sanitary to be eating here? | 你确定在这吃东西卫生吗 |
[18:00] | You know the strength of the disinfectants we use here? | 你知道我们这用什么消毒剂吗 |
[18:04] | This is the cleanest room in the city. | 全市就数这房间最干净 |
[18:07] | – I couldn’t. – Homemade. | -我吃不下去 -爱心便当哦 |
[18:08] | – I couldn’t. – Caught a break. | -我咽不下 -有进展了 |
[18:11] | The Captain talked to the friend. | 上尉找死者朋友谈过了 |
[18:12] | – Does she remember who Olivia was with? – Jeff Dilahunt | -她记得奥利维亚和谁一起吗 -杰夫·迪伦翰 |
[18:14] | Who’s had his fair share of run-ins with the law. | 法律咨询公司的合伙人 |
[18:16] | And he has a trust fund worth millions. | 而且他的信托基金价值数百万美金 |
[18:18] | Enough to pay $7,000 a month. | 每月支付七千美金是绰绰有余 |
[18:21] | – Bingo. – Boo-yah. | -答对了 -太好了 |
[18:23] | Uh, I met Olivia at a nightclub. | 我和奥利维亚是在夜店认识的 |
[18:26] | She hadn’t been in town long, | 她来城里才不久 |
[18:28] | But, uh, she seemed like a real party girl. | 但感觉参加派对已是如鱼得水 |
[18:31] | Were the two of you dating? | 你们俩当时在恋爱吗 |
[18:32] | Uh, no. Just friends. | 没 我们只是朋友 |
[18:35] | – What, can’t a guy and a girl just be friends? – Please. | -怎么 男女就不能只当朋友吗 -拜托 |
[18:39] | Are you two together? | 你们俩在一起了吗 |
[18:40] | – Not yet. – Absolutely not. | -还没 -绝对没有 |
[18:45] | Look, it was, uh, no big deal. | 和她的事没什么大不了 |
[18:47] | I happened to mention that a school friend of mine | 我偶然提起我的一位校友 |
[18:49] | Was having a family reunion here at the Pierson Club | 要在皮尔逊俱乐部办个家族聚会 |
[18:52] | And asked me to stop by. | 邀请我去参加 |
[18:53] | Olivia really wanted to come. So I took her. | 奥利维亚很想去 我就带上了她 |
[18:56] | Who would want to go to someone else’s family reunion? | 谁会想去参加别人的家族聚会 |
[18:58] | Well, I suppose that all depends on the family. | 我想这得看是哪个家族了 |
[19:01] | In this case, it happened to be the Wellesleys. | 那次可是威尔士利家族的聚会 |
[19:03] | The w– the “Wellesleys” Wellesleys? | 就是那个威尔士利家族 |
[19:05] | The rich and powerful Wellesleys? | 那个财大势大的威尔士利家族 |
[19:07] | The conservative, New York Wellesleys? | 保守党的那个 纽约威尔士利家族 |
[19:09] | Wasn’t that one of our senators? | 那不是某个参议员家族吗 |
[19:11] | Yeah, he was. Senator Casper Wellesley. | 是的 卡斯帕·威尔士利参议员 |
[19:13] | He died in the early ’90s. His kid’s running for his seat | 九十年代初期去世 他的孩子今年 |
[19:15] | – Again this year. – Well, I’ll tell you what, | -再次参加了竞选 -我跟你说 |
[19:17] | Next time I’m invited, I’ll take you. | 下次我接到邀请时 会带你一起去 |
[19:20] | Mr. Dilahunt, where were you between 10:00 P.M. and 2:00 A.M. | 迪伦翰先生 她被害当晚10点到凌晨2点 |
[19:23] | The night that she was killed? | 你在哪里 |
[19:26] | Okay, well, a couple of, uh, Wellesley cousins and I | 我和几个威尔士利家族的表亲 |
[19:29] | Bailed early and went clubbing. | 从派对溜走去泡吧了 |
[19:31] | I believe there may have been | 我想当时我可能 |
[19:32] | Bolivian marching powder involved. | 喝多了点玻利维亚的什么烈酒 |
[19:35] | We got picked up for public intoxication. | 我们因公共场合醉酒而被捕 |
[19:37] | My father got the charges dropped, but, uh, | 我父亲让他们放弃了起诉 不过 |
[19:40] | There’s still a record of our arrest. | 被捕记录还是没有撤销 |
[19:42] | If you can’t find it, I have a framed copy at home | 你们要是找不到 我家还有装裱好的复印件 |
[19:47] | Did you have an argument with Olivia that night | 当晚你和奥利维亚发生了争执吗 |
[19:49] | – Or see anyone else who did? – No. | -或见她和谁发生过争执 -都没有 |
[19:51] | A witness saw Olivia having it out | 有位女服务生看到奥利维亚跟一位 |
[19:53] | With a man in a blue blazer and an orange striped tie. | 穿蓝夹克 戴橙色条纹领带的男子发生争执 |
[19:56] | Do you remember anyone who fit that description? | 你想想 这个人会是谁 |
[19:59] | Actually, I do. | 事实上 我还真记得 |
[20:01] | All Wellesley family events have a strict dress code. | 威尔士利家族聚会都有严格的着装要求 |
[20:04] | The, uh, blazers are standard, | 那个外衣是标准装 |
[20:06] | But Lenanne Wellesley, the family matriarch, | 但林内·威尔士利 家族族长 |
[20:09] | Hand picks the men’s ties. | 亲手挑选了男士的领带 |
[20:14] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 你跟我想的一样吗 |
[20:16] | Yep. We got a hell of a lot of suspects. | 对 我们的嫌疑人多了去了 |
[20:25] | Yes, chief. | 是的 局长 |
[20:26] | No, I know, chief. | 我知道 局长 |
[20:27] | As soon as I possibly can, chief. | 我一定尽快 局长 |
[20:32] | They cut our staff 20%, | 他们要裁员20% |
[20:33] | And they get upset when our closure rate drops 3%. | 局里破案率下降了3% 他们大为不爽 |
[20:36] | You ask me, we’re working miracles to do what we’re doing. | 除非天降奇迹才可能有转机 |
[20:38] | Sir, we can do this later if you have a higher priority. | 有更紧要的话 我们稍后再谈 |
[20:40] | Never let the job get in the way of the job. | 永远别让工作妨碍了正事 |
[20:43] | Where were we? | 有什么进展 |
[20:44] | Well, Brady and his contact communicated through | 布莱迪和他的联系人 |
[20:45] | A dummy email account. | 通过假邮箱帐号联系 |
[20:46] | We tried to trace the address, but it was a dead end. | 我们想追踪邮件地址 但一无所获 |
[20:49] | Where are we with reviewing the guards? | 狱警那边有什么进展 |
[20:50] | No where. The warden refuses to provide the duty roster. | 一无所获 监狱长拒绝提供值班表 |
[20:53] | He said that he was offended | 他说假设他的属下有问题 |
[20:54] | We assume that one of his men was dirty. | 是我们对他的冒犯 |
[20:56] | He wants to handle it in house. | 他想要自己内部解决 |
[20:58] | Yeah? Well, that doesn’t work for me. | 是吗 我可不接受 |
[21:01] | Do any of these men look like the one | 有没有谁像是在派对上 |
[21:02] | That you saw arguing with Olivia the night of the party? | 同奥利维亚争吵的人 |
[21:04] | Look, it was a stupid waitress job ten years ago. | 十年前我只是个傻乎乎的服务生 |
[21:08] | Do you remember what you were doing ten years ago? | 你还记得十年前你在干什么吗 |
[21:09] | Can you recall any details? | 你还记得一些细节吗 |
[21:11] | Was he wearing glasses? Did he have a tattoo? | 他是否戴眼镜 有没有纹身 |
[21:13] | All I know is that the man was yelling at the girl. | 我只知道当时 那个男人在吼那个女孩 |
[21:16] | He got so riled up, he spilled his wine. | 他非常恼怒 把酒都给洒了 |
[21:18] | And I ended up cleaning it off the carpet. | 最后是我清理了地毯上的污渍 |
[21:20] | Did he spill any on himself? | 有洒到他自己身上吗 |
[21:22] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 可能有 |
[21:28] | Him! | 他 |
[21:32] | Trent Wellesley? | 特伦特·威尔士利吗 |
[21:33] | I’m detective Kate Beckett | 我是凯特·贝克特探长 |
[21:34] | NYPD. | 纽约警局的 |
[21:35] | I need to have a word. | 我需要和你谈谈 |
[21:36] | Yes. My old friend Jeff said I might be hearing from you. | 是 我的老朋友杰夫说我可能受到询问 |
[21:40] | Police? Are they the police? | 警察 他们是警察吗 |
[21:41] | Yes, grandmother. | 是的 祖母 |
[21:43] | My ring was stolen. | 我的戒指被偷了 |
[21:45] | Oh, oh, they’re not here for you, grandmother. | 他们不是为你的事来的 祖母 |
[21:48] | My ring was stolen. It’s expensive | 我的戒指被偷了 那个很贵 |
[21:50] | Trent, perhaps you should take this conversation elsewhere | 特伦特 你们可能得到别的地方去说 |
[21:54] | Of course, Frank. She gets a little confused sometimes | 我明白 弗兰克 她有时候有点迷糊 |
[22:01] | Okay. | 好了 |
[22:02] | Let’s get this over with. | 我们快点把事情解决吧 |
[22:03] | – It was me. – It was you, what? | -是我 -你什么 |
[22:06] | I was the one who had the argument with the girl that | 那晚和杰夫带来的女孩 |
[22:08] | Jeff brought to the reunion that night, | 争吵的就是我 |
[22:09] | The girl who was killed. | 那个被杀的女孩 |
[22:11] | I didn’t care for her behavior, so I asked her to leave. | 我对她的行为举止不满 就让她离开 |
[22:14] | Girls like that hang around | 她那样的女孩混迹于 |
[22:16] | Families like mine for a reason. | 像我这样的家庭是有目的的 |
[22:18] | They want something. | 她们图谋不轨 |
[22:20] | Jeff brought her as his plus one. | 杰夫是把她作为女伴带过来的 |
[22:22] | But he had left by then, and she stayed. | 不过那时候他已经离开了 而她却还在 |
[22:26] | She tried to chat up more than one of my relatives. | 她试图和我的几个家人搭讪 |
[22:27] | Any other in particular? | 有没有比较特别的 |
[22:29] | You’re barking up the wrong tree. | 你找错人了 |
[22:30] | No one in my family had anything to do with what happened to her. | 我们家族的人和她的死没有任何关系 |
[22:34] | Someone paid almost $1 million to cover up her murder. | 有人花了近一百万美元来掩盖真凶 |
[22:37] | That makes everyone in your family a suspect, including you. | 因此你们家族每个人都有嫌疑 包括你 |
[22:42] | Trust me, if I had that kind of money to throw around, | 相信我 如果我有那么多钱来挥霍的话 |
[22:44] | I wouldn’t be here sucking up to the old lady. | 我也不会在这巴结老太太了 |
[22:47] | Nice. | 不错的辩解 |
[22:48] | You think I’m rich because my last name is Wellesley | 你们认为我很有钱是因为我姓威尔士利 |
[22:51] | But my dad died when I was a kid. | 但在年幼时我父亲就过世了 |
[22:53] | Mom and me had to | 我和母亲很大程度上 |
[22:54] | Pretty much survive off the handouts of relatives. | 是靠亲戚的救济生活 |
[22:56] | Well, I suppose getting a job would be out of the question | 我想找个工作应该不难吧 |
[22:58] | Who are you protecting? | 你在保护谁 |
[22:59] | You already admitted to arguing with her. | 你已经承认是和她争执过 |
[23:01] | It really does not look good. | 这样可不好 |
[23:03] | You have to understand… | 你们得明白 |
[23:06] | He’s like the only father I have. | 他就像是我唯一的父亲 |
[23:09] | – Who are you talking about, Trent? – My uncle Winston. | -你指谁 特伦特 -我叔叔温斯顿 |
[23:12] | He had just been through a bad break-up. | 他刚遭遇了痛苦的分手 |
[23:15] | He’s the kind of person that people try to take advantage of? | 他是那种很容易被利用的人 |
[23:18] | People like who, | 比如谁 |
[23:19] | Olivia or poor relations looking for a handout? | 奥利维亚或想从他那儿得到救济的穷亲戚 |
[23:23] | I’d seen her with him before. | 我以前就看到过她和他在一起 |
[23:28] | Yes, it was terrible, what happened to that poor girl. | 没错 那个女孩的遭遇的确很惨 |
[23:32] | Could you tell us about the kind of relationship | 能告诉我们你和她 |
[23:34] | You had with her, Mr. Wellesley? | 是什么关系吗 威尔士利先生 |
[23:36] | Was the reunion the first time that you two met? | 在家庭聚会上那次是你们第一次见面吗 |
[23:38] | Actually, I believe I met Olivia | 事实上 我第一次见她 |
[23:40] | At a cocktail party a few weeks before that. | 是在几周前的鸡尾酒会上 |
[23:44] | Was it MOMA? I don’t recall. | 是在现代美术馆吗 我想不起来了 |
[23:46] | Anyway, I took a shine to her. | 反正 我很中意她 |
[23:49] | Charming, ambitious, | 有魅力 有抱负 |
[23:51] | Rough around the edges, but I felt I could mentor her. | 外表着装不怎样 但我可以指点一下她 |
[23:54] | And by “mentor” you mean? | “指点”是什么意思 |
[23:56] | What are you suggesting? | 你在暗示什么 |
[23:58] | Your nephew Trent said | 你侄子特伦特说 |
[23:58] | That he saw her hitting on you the whole night. | 看到她整晚一直和你调情 |
[24:01] | Well, that’s Trent for you. | 那是特伦特的说法 |
[24:03] | He’s always been very protective of the family. | 他总是很小心地保护这个家族 |
[24:07] | Where were you between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am | 她被害那晚 |
[24:09] | On the night she was murdered? | 十点到凌晨两点你在哪里 |
[24:10] | Are you seriously asking me, | 你真的是在问我吗 |
[24:12] | Winston Wellesley, for an alibi? | 问温斯顿·威尔士利要不在场证明 |
[24:16] | Oh. Apparently you are. | 看来是了 |
[24:18] | Fine. I was home. | 好吧 我在家 |
[24:19] | Can anyone corroborate that? | 有人能证明吗 |
[24:21] | – Yes. God. – Mr. Wellesley, | -有啊 上帝 -威尔士利先生 |
[24:25] | Your car is ready. | 你的车已经准备好了 |
[24:29] | As delightful as this conversation has been, | 和你们的谈话很愉快 |
[24:31] | I must take my leave. | 但我必须走了 |
[24:32] | I have to meet my brother at his campaign headquarters. | 我得去竞选总部见我弟弟 |
[24:35] | Ah, yes, Blake Wellesley, | 没错 布莱克·威尔士利 |
[24:37] | Running for senate again. | 又一次竞选议员了 |
[24:38] | Mm-hmm. And we’d appreciate your support. | 我们会很感激你们的支持 |
[24:41] | Don’t forget to vote. | 别忘了投票 |
[24:46] | I have no doubt he was having an affair with Olivia. | 我敢肯定他和奥利维亚有一腿 |
[24:49] | But why would he kill her? | 但他为什么要杀她呢 |
[24:50] | Do you think maybe he was upset that she came with someone else? | 可能因为她和别人在一起而感到伤心 |
[24:53] | Mm, jealousy, money, murder | 嫉妒 金钱 谋杀 |
[24:55] | Does it get any better than this | 有比这更好的情节吗 |
[24:57] | You want to exhume my niece’s body? | 你想挖出我侄女的尸体 |
[25:00] | We believe that there was evidence | 我们认为有关键证据 |
[25:01] | Overlooked during the autopsy that could lead to her killer. | 在验尸的时候被忽略了 |
[25:04] | Well, you told me you caught the man. | 但你们告诉我已经抓到凶手了 |
[25:06] | You told me it was over. | 事情已经结束了 |
[25:08] | I thought it was, but whoever killed Olivia. | 我以为是 但杀害奥利维亚的那个人 |
[25:11] | Just murdered two more people. | 又杀了两个人 |
[25:13] | Your niece deserves justice, and so do they. | 你的侄女应该得到公正 他们也是 |
[25:17] | She was such a special girl. | 她是一个那么特别的孩子 |
[25:20] | She quit school… | 当她妈妈的癌症恶化的时候 |
[25:22] | To take care of her mother when the cancer got bad. | 她为了照顾她而辍学 |
[25:25] | That says a lot about her. | 这很有说服力 |
[25:28] | After her mother passed, | 她妈妈死后 |
[25:31] | It was like she had to get away. | 她必须离开那个伤心之地 |
[25:33] | When she moved to the city, I was just so happy for her. | 当她去了城市 我真替她高兴 |
[25:44] | You’ll… Bury her back the way she was? | 你会 把她按原样重新下葬的吧 |
[25:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[25:51] | At least she had the funeral she deserved. | 至少还为她举办了像样的葬礼 |
[25:54] | Thank god for Mr. Wellesley. | 多亏了威尔士利先生 |
[25:56] | Mr. Wellesley? | 威尔士利先生 |
[25:58] | The man who paid for everything. | 所有一切都是他付的钱 |
[26:01] | Which Mr. Wellesley was that? | 是哪个威尔士利先生 |
[26:04] | Winston Wellesley | 温斯顿·威尔士利 |
[26:06] | Paid for her funeral? | 出钱为她举行葬礼 |
[26:07] | – Can anyone say “guilty conscience”? – Yeah. | -是否是良心的谴责 -是 |
[26:10] | Hey, Esposito | 埃斯波西托 |
[26:11] | Run down Winston Wellesley’s alibi. | 调查一下温斯顿·威尔士利的不在场证明 |
[26:13] | Talk to doormen, chauffeurs, the whole gamut. | 问问看门人 司机以及周围所有人 |
[26:14] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我会尽力 |
[26:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:16] | The prison duty roster. | 这是监狱值班表 |
[26:18] | How’d you pull it off, sir? | 该怎么查呢 长官 |
[26:19] | They didn’t make me captain | 他们让我当领导 |
[26:19] | Just because I look good behind a desk. | 不只因为我适合坐在办公桌后面 |
[26:22] | Run all the guards on that roster. | 差值班表上的所有警卫人员 |
[26:23] | Look for anything out of the ordinary. | 看有无不同寻常之处 |
[26:25] | Sir, I’m gonna call the cemetery. | 长官 我马上给公墓打电话 |
[26:26] | To make arrangements to exhume the body tomorrow. | 安排明天的开坟 |
[26:29] | You know what I don’t get? | 我搞不懂的是 |
[26:30] | Whoever is behind this | 不管是谁在背后操作 |
[26:31] | Why’d he stop paying Brady? | 他为什么不再付钱给布莱迪 |
[26:33] | These Wellesleys have plenty of money. | 威尔士利家族多的是钱 |
[26:34] | If the money hadn’t stopped, Brady never would’ve set off | 如果继续付钱的话 布莱迪绝不会 |
[26:36] | This triggering domino that started all this. | 采取行动 进而引发这一切 |
[26:37] | Let me let you in on a little secret. | 我来给你解答 告诉你个秘密 |
[26:39] | You know how rich people stay rich? | 富人如何继续富有 |
[26:40] | They are cheap. | 他们很吝啬 |
[26:42] | Why pay for Brady for the rest of his life | 既然可以杀了布莱迪省钱 |
[26:43] | When you can kill him for a fraction of the price? | 为何还要一辈子付钱给他 |
[26:45] | But then why would he wait ten years? | 那他为何要等十年呢 |
[26:47] | Something changed. Something must have happened. | 事情有变 肯定发生了什么 |
[26:49] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[26:50] | Captain Montgomery. Blake Wellesley. | 蒙哥马利长官 我是布莱克·威尔士利 |
[26:53] | Hate to bother you, but do you have a minute to chat? | 很抱歉打扰你 能不能占用一点时间谈谈 |
[26:57] | I speak for the entire Wellesley family | 我代表我们全家向你们保证 |
[26:58] | When I say you can expect our full cooperation in this investigation. | 我们会全力配合你们调查这件案子 |
[27:02] | But? You can tell. There’s a “but” coming. | 但是 你继续啊 “但是”来了 |
[27:05] | Not a “but” a “however” | 不是”但是” 是”然而” |
[27:07] | Like I said, we’ll cooperate, however | 正如我说的 我们会配合 然而 |
[27:09] | We request that these unannounced interviews come to a stop | 我们希望不要再搞突然访问 |
[27:13] | Here we go. | 进入正题了 |
[27:14] | Beckett, let’s hear him out. | 贝克特 让我们先听他说完 |
[27:16] | I apologize if I’m coming off | 我很抱歉这次 |
[27:18] | Like one of those guys, detective. | 和他们一样突然造访 警官 |
[27:19] | It’s just that these impromptu visits are a bit awkward. | 只是突然造访有点让人难堪 |
[27:23] | My nephew Trent | 我侄子特伦特 |
[27:24] | Said you spoke to him when he visited my mother. | 说你们找他谈话 当时他来看我母亲 |
[27:26] | Mother became very confused, very upset. | 母亲变得很困惑 很伤心 |
[27:29] | – I’m sure there’s a better way to facilitate this. – Like what? | -我肯定有更好的办法 -比如 |
[27:32] | Well, I propose that all further interviews | 我提议以后所有的访问 |
[27:34] | Be coordinated by me and conducted at my offices. | 都由我来配合 在我的办公室进行 |
[27:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[27:40] | Thank you for your offer, Mr. Wellesley. | 谢谢你的好意 威尔士利先生 |
[27:42] | – That’s very nice of you. -Not at all. | -你真是太通情达理了 -不用客气 |
[27:45] | I’ll give you my number. | 我把我的电话号码给你 |
[27:46] | Hold on. I, too, have a “however.” | 等等 我也有 “然而” |
[27:50] | Thank you for your offer, however, | 谢谢你的好意 然而 |
[27:52] | My detectives will conduct their investigation | 我的探员会以任何他们认为合适的方式 |
[27:54] | In any manner they see fit. | 进行调查 |
[27:56] | Captain, I can get the commissioner on the phone in under a minute. | 长官 我可以马上给你们局长打电话 |
[27:59] | Well, tell him I said hi. | 请便 替我向他问好 |
[28:01] | And I really could use a raise. | 我愿意开专道迎接他 |
[28:06] | I think we’re done here | 我们已无必要再谈 |
[28:15] | That was awesome. | 真了不起 |
[28:16] | Whatever you guys are doing, keep doing it. | 不管你们在做什么 继续做 |
[28:18] | They’re circling the wagons. | 他们想耍花招 |
[28:21] | Awesome. | 你太牛了 |
[28:24] | “Ignore.” “Accept.” | 忽略 接受 |
[28:27] | “Ignore.” no. | 忽略 不好 |
[28:30] | “Accept.” no. | 接受 不好 |
[28:37] | Oh, mother, come on. | 母亲 别犹豫了 |
[28:39] | Accept the man’s friend request already. | 接受他的邀请吧 |
[28:40] | Using that old photo was a horrible idea. | 用那张旧照片真是个很糟糕的主意 |
[28:42] | Why didn’t you stop me? | 你为什么不阻止我 |
[28:44] | Since when have I had the power to stop you from doing anything | 我何时有权阻止你做任何事情 |
[28:46] | What will Chet think if he expects 1980s-Martha, | 如果查特期待的是八十年代的玛莎 |
[28:50] | And… Pfft… Present-day Martha shows up? | 结果看到的却是现在的我 他会怎么想 |
[28:52] | You tell anyone I said this and I’ll deny it, | 若你告诉别人我的话 我绝对不承认 |
[28:54] | And I’m only gonna say it once. | 现在我只说一次 |
[28:56] | 1980s-Martha was pretty great. | 八十年代的玛莎很美 |
[28:59] | But present-day Martha…is pretty spectacular, too. | 但现在的玛莎照样很迷人 |
[29:08] | – Did you just accept that? – Yeah | -你刚点”接受”了吗 -是啊 |
[29:10] | – Well, take it back. – I’m sorry. I cannot | -那赶紧收回 -抱歉 不能收回 |
[29:13] | – I–oh, god. – No, but since it’s done, | -我 天哪 -既然已经接受了 |
[29:15] | Why don’t you take a visit to Chet’s page | 为何不去浏览一下查特的主页 |
[29:16] | And see what he looks like nowadays? | 看看他现在是什么样子 |
[29:18] | Uh, just like this? Press that? | 是这样吗 按那个 |
[29:23] | Ooh, good l– well, that’s Chet. | 天 那就是查特 |
[29:25] | But… How old is that photo? | 但是 那是什么时候的照片 |
[29:27] | Turnabout is fair play, mother. | 看来你们彼此彼此 妈妈 |
[29:33] | Chet Palaburn. What are you thinking, man? | 查特·帕拉本 你在想些什么 |
[29:36] | City workers Brought the coffin in an hour ago. | 一小时前工作人员把棺材送来了 |
[29:39] | Boy, Winston didn’t spare any pennies with this box of wood. | 好家伙 买这口棺材温斯顿可花费不少 |
[29:42] | – This is the Bentley of caskets. – Shopping ahead? | -这是本特利灵柩 -你提前买好啦 |
[29:45] | Research. Derrick Storm, in “Storm Warning,” | 调查过 德里克·斯道姆在《暴风预警》中 |
[29:48] | Finds a murder weapon. | 发现了杀人凶器 |
[29:49] | Buried in a coffin a year before the murder occurs. | 在凶手现身的一年前就被藏在棺材内 |
[29:52] | Who am I talking to? You know this. | 我在说给谁听呢 你知道这个 |
[29:54] | Uh, back in the nonfiction section, | 回到非小说正题 |
[29:56] | We have a real casket that’s been sealed for ten years, | 这里有一口埋藏了十年的真棺材 |
[29:59] | So there’s gonna be some serious decomposition. | 所以尸体可能已经严重腐烂 |
[30:01] | When I crack this open, | 当我撬开它的时候 |
[30:02] | Expect the foulest of foul stenches. | 会有很强烈的尸臭味 做好准备 |
[30:11] | – Set? – Ok. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[30:27] | Is the body missing, | 尸体不见了吗 |
[30:29] | Or did you just pull off an awesome magic trick? | 还是你刚表演了令人惊叹的魔术 |
[30:32] | You are amazing, Sir. | 你真了不起 长官 |
[30:42] | Nope, no prints. | 没有 没发现指纹 |
[30:44] | Whoever removed Olivia’s remains was careful. | 移走尸体的人很小心 |
[30:46] | How do these people manage to stay one step ahead of us? | 这些人怎么会抢先我们一步 |
[30:50] | Olivia’s aunt said it was an open-casket funeral. | 奥利维亚的姑姑说举行的是开放式葬礼 |
[30:52] | So her body must have been in here at one point. | 那么她的尸体曾在这里 |
[30:55] | The mortuary company must have switched out the bodies | 殡葬公司肯定在葬礼和下葬的空隙 |
[30:57] | Between the funeral and the burial. | 把尸体移走了 |
[30:58] | Yeah, but the company is out of bussiness | 也许 但那个公司已经关门了 |
[31:00] | So there’s no way of finding out. | 我们无从查找 |
[31:01] | Winston had to have paid to get rid of the body | 肯定是温斯顿出钱把尸体给处理了 |
[31:03] | Just in case Brady ever wanted to come clean with the police. | 以防布莱迪某天向警方澄清 |
[31:05] | Mm-hmm. Looks like that. | 应该是这样 |
[31:06] | This guy’s got contingency plans for his contingency plans | 这家伙准备了全套应急方案 |
[31:09] | It feels like we’re battling a super villain. | 我们像在和超级恶棍斗智斗勇 |
[31:11] | Uh, excuse me, Dynamic Duo. | 不好意思两位 |
[31:14] | What am I doing with this? | 我该怎么处理这个呢 |
[31:16] | Well, it depends | 得看情况了 |
[31:16] | What can you get for a secondhand casket these days? | 最近二手棺木行情如何 |
[31:19] | I’ll call Olivia’s family | 我给奥利维亚的家人打电话 |
[31:20] | And find out what they want to do. | 看他们打算怎么办 |
[31:22] | Seriously, though? | 说真的 |
[31:23] | I wonder what you could get for a slightly used coffin. | 我在想一副九成新的棺材你可以卖多少 |
[31:25] | That thing is top of the line. | 那个可是最高档的 |
[31:27] | – Did you check the drawer? – What drawer? | -你检查过抽屉吗 -什么抽屉 |
[31:30] | High-end coffins often have | 高档棺木通常 |
[31:31] | A small drawer hidden somewhere in the lid. | 在里面的某个地方藏有抽屉 |
[31:33] | That way families can place mementos in there | 以供家人放纪念品 |
[31:35] | Or psychotic killers can hide evidence. | 或变态凶手隐藏证据 |
[31:46] | Thank you. Sorry. | 谢谢 对不起 |
[31:55] | Nothing suspicious. | 没什么可疑的 |
[31:56] | It’s just a bunch of family photographs. | 只是些家庭照片 |
[31:59] | What does that button say? | 胸章上写了什么 |
[32:00] | Looks like a political button. | 像是政治胸章 |
[32:04] | “Edna Debiasse.” Is Edna Debiasse Olivia’s mother? | 埃德娜·德比西 是奥利维亚的母亲吗 |
[32:10] | Let me borrow your magnifying glass. | 把你的放大镜借给我 |
[32:12] | I don’t have a magnifying glass. | 我没有放大镜 |
[32:14] | Isn’t that standard issue for detectives? | 那不是办案的必备装备吗 |
[32:15] | No, not since Sherlock Holmes. | 从福尔摩斯开始就不是 |
[32:17] | You can use mine. | 你可以用我的 |
[32:26] | “Casper WELLESLEY SENATE ’78.” | 卡斯帕·威尔士利 78年参议院 |
[32:30] | Olivia’s mother worked on the campaign. | 奥利维亚的妈妈为竞选工作 |
[32:33] | All roads lead to Wellesley. | 线索都指向威尔士利 |
[32:36] | Are you looking at porn? | 你在看色情电影吗 |
[32:37] | I use Ryan’s computer for that. | 看色情电影我会用莱恩的电脑 |
[32:39] | I’ve been searching a periodical database. | 我在搜索一个期刊数据库 |
[32:40] | Look what I found. In this article, | 看我发现了什么 这篇文章 |
[32:42] | It talks about how during his 1978 senate run, | 关于1978年的参议院选举 |
[32:44] | Casper had his sons, Blake and Winston, | 卡斯帕的儿子 布莱克和温斯顿 |
[32:46] | Heading up his campaign headquarters in Ithaca. | 当时都在伊萨卡岛建立竞选总部 |
[32:48] | Where Olivia’s mom worked. | 奥利维亚的母亲就在那里工作 |
[32:50] | She and Winston had to have crossed paths. | 温斯顿一定认识她 |
[32:52] | Exactly. Now why would Winston keep that from us? | 没错 那温斯顿为何隐瞒此事 |
[33:01] | We ran all the guards’ names off | 从布莱迪待的监狱里拿来的花名册 |
[33:02] | That duty roster you got us from Brady’s prison. | 每一个看守我们都查过 |
[33:05] | He’s the only one that red flagged. | 他是唯一一个有问题的 |
[33:06] | Name’s Patterson. | 名叫帕特森 |
[33:08] | Made a deposit last month for $5,000 cash. | 上个月他存入五千美元现金 |
[33:11] | Then the day Brady was killed, | 布莱迪遇害当天 |
[33:13] | He makes another deposit in cash, this time for $10,000. | 他又存了一次钱 一万块现金 |
[33:16] | If there’s anything I hate, it’s a dirtbag in uniform. | 我最恨就是制服蛀虫 |
[33:19] | So where are you guys at with Winston Wellesley’s alibi? | 查实温斯顿·威尔士利的不在场证明了吗 |
[33:21] | We have a few leads. | 有些线索了 |
[33:23] | Keep pushing on that. I’ll push on this. | 继续找 我来处理这个 |
[33:29] | Mr. Wellesley, we are going to find out the truth. | 威尔士利先生 我们想知道真相 |
[33:32] | And the amount of dust that we kick up doing | 而我们能查出多少真相 |
[33:34] | That is entirely up to you. | 全取决于你的配合 |
[33:36] | I do seem to recall, uh, making her acquaintance. | 我好像想起来了 我认识她 |
[33:41] | You’re telling us half-truths again. | 你又隐瞒了真相 |
[33:43] | We already know that you paid for Olivia’s funeral. | 我们已经知道你为奥利维亚付了丧葬费 |
[33:45] | We know that you knew her mom. | 还知道你认识她母亲 |
[33:46] | Either you start telling me the truth, | 要不你开始说实话 |
[33:48] | Or you’re gonna spend the last few weeks | 要不等我给媒体漏点口风 |
[33:49] | Of your brother’s campaign issuing denials | 你弟弟竞选的最后几周 |
[33:51] | After I release what I know to the press. | 你就忙着拒绝各大媒体的采访吧 |
[33:53] | Fine. I knew her mother. | 好 我认识她母亲 |
[33:57] | After her mother passed, Olivia set about | 她母亲去世后 |
[33:59] | To unravel the mystery of her origins. | 奥利维亚打算解开身世之谜 |
[34:04] | Olivia was clever. | 奥利维亚很聪明 |
[34:05] | She put together the clues, | 她根据手上的线索 |
[34:07] | Found out her father was a Wellesley– | 发现她父亲是威尔士利家族的成员 |
[34:10] | A Wellesley | 威尔士利成员 |
[34:11] | And? | 然后呢 |
[34:15] | Actually, the truth is, I’m Olivia’s father. | 其实我就是奥利维亚的父亲 |
[34:20] | I know. I had the same look on my face | 我知道很不可思议 十年前 |
[34:23] | When Olivia told me ten years ago. | 她告诉我的时候 我的表情和你一样 |
[34:24] | And Olivia’s mother didn’t tell you? | 奥利维亚的母亲没有告诉你吗 |
[34:27] | Mnh-mnh. Didn’t tell Olivia either. | 她也没有告诉奥利维亚 |
[34:29] | I was just on the verge of telling everyone when she… | 在我即将告诉大家真相时 |
[34:35] | When she was tragically killed. | 她却意外惨死了 |
[34:36] | It is a tragedy when a father kills | 亲父弑女 真是个悲剧 |
[34:38] | His daughter, isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[34:39] | What? | 什么 |
[34:40] | What do you know about Olivia’s missing body? | 奥利维亚的尸体失踪跟你有什么关系 |
[34:43] | Nothing. That’s obscene. | 我不知道 太变态了 |
[34:46] | Who would do something like that? | 谁会做那种事 |
[34:47] | You, so no one would ever find out the truth | 你 这样就没人知道 |
[34:50] | Of who she really was. | 她的真实身份了 |
[34:51] | I didn’t kill her, | 我没杀她 |
[34:52] | And I certainly didn’t hide her body. | 我也没有把她的尸体藏起来 |
[34:56] | Yet, ten years after her death, | 还有 她已经去世十年 |
[34:58] | You’re still trying to hide her existence. | 你却还在隐瞒她的存在 |
[35:00] | Well, you have to understand. I have a family to protect. | 你们得理解 我要保护我的家族 |
[35:03] | Olivia was family. | 奥利维亚就是你的家人 |
[35:09] | Winston Wellesley, you did it. | 温斯顿·威尔士利 你就是凶手 |
[35:12] | He might have, but we don’t have the evidence to prove it. | 可能是他 但我们没有证据 |
[35:14] | That’s because he didn’t. | 因为不是他干的 |
[35:16] | We were able to verify Winston’s alibi. | 我们找到了温斯顿的不在场证明 |
[35:19] | He really was home alone? | 他真的独自在家吗 |
[35:21] | Oh, he was home, but he wasn’t alone. | 他在家 但不是独自 |
[35:24] | Winston had some romantic company that night. | 温斯顿那晚有爱人相伴 |
[35:26] | Well, then if he had an alibi, | 如果他有不在场证明 |
[35:27] | Why didn’t he just say so from the start? | 为什么一开始他不说呢 |
[35:28] | Maybe because of who his romantic company was. | 也许因为他的情人是 |
[35:31] | Stanley Jenkins. | 斯坦利·詹金斯 |
[35:32] | Is Stanley a unisex name now | 斯坦利现在是男女通用的名字了吗 |
[35:35] | Or is Winston– | 还是说温斯顿 |
[35:36] | Gay? Uh, yeah. He’s gay. | 同性恋 没错 他是同性恋 |
[35:38] | He lied to us. Who is he protecting? | 他对我们撒谎 他在保护谁 |
[35:41] | Well, he said it himself. | 他已经告诉我们了 |
[35:45] | Family. | 家族 |
[35:52] | You have to understand that this young woman– | 你应该清楚这个年轻女子 |
[35:54] | Olivia– I hardly knew her. | 奥利维亚 我不认识她 |
[35:56] | Maybe I shook her hand at the party, | 也许在派对上我和她握过手 |
[35:57] | But that’s all. | 但也仅此而已 |
[35:58] | And now you’re telling me her mother and I worked | 现在你说她母亲三十年前和我 |
[36:00] | The same campaign 30 years ago? | 同为竞选工作吗 |
[36:02] | You and your brother were in Ithaca | 你和你哥哥78年7月和8月 |
[36:03] | July and August of ’78. | 都在伊萨卡岛竞选总部 |
[36:05] | Olivia was born May, ’79. | 奥利维亚出生于79年5月 |
[36:07] | That’s 9 months later. | 正是九个月之后 |
[36:08] | Your brother claimed paternity, | 你哥哥自己说是她父亲 |
[36:09] | But I think we all know that’s highly unlikely. | 但我们都知道那是不可能的 |
[36:13] | Winston, what the hell is going on here? | 温斯顿 这到底是怎么回事 |
[36:15] | Blake, it’s time to get the lawyers involved. | 布莱克 是时候请律师了 |
[36:17] | What did you know about this, Winston? | 这件事你知道什么 温斯顿 |
[36:19] | This is not the time or the place. | 此时此地不适合说话 |
[36:24] | I never saw Edna after that summer. | 那年夏天之后我再没见过埃德娜 |
[36:26] | She never told me anything. | 她从来没告诉过我 |
[36:27] | So you admit to sleeping with her? | 那么你承认和她上过床吗 |
[36:29] | She must have not wanted to rock the boat, | 她一定是不想惹麻烦 |
[36:31] | Hurt my father’s campaign | 不想让我父亲深陷丑闻 |
[36:32] | With a scandal involving his son. | 影响我父亲的选举 |
[36:34] | Blake, you’ve said enough. | 布莱克 你说的已经够多了 |
[36:36] | I just found out I had a daughter I never knew about, | 我刚知道自己有个女儿 |
[36:38] | A daughter who was murdered | 一个十年前被谋杀 |
[36:40] | And whose killer apparently is still at large. | 凶手却仍逍遥法外的女儿 |
[36:42] | Why did you tell the police | 你为什么跟警察说 |
[36:43] | You were her father? Why? | 自己是她父亲 为什么 |
[36:45] | Actually the question is | 事实上问题是 |
[36:46] | Why did he tell Olivia that ten years ago? | 他为何十年前这么告诉奥利维亚 |
[36:52] | You have to understand, Blake. | 你必须理解 布莱克 |
[36:53] | This was during the first senate run. | 这事发生在第一次参议员选举期间 |
[36:56] | Scandal would’ve killed the campaign. | 这样的丑闻会让选举失利 |
[36:58] | I lost the damn election anyway. | 但最后我还是输掉了选举 |
[36:59] | You had no right to make that decision without me. | 你无权不让我知道就做决定 |
[37:01] | We were only looking out for your best interests. | 我们只是为了你着想 |
[37:03] | We? Winston, who is “we”? | 我们 温斯顿 我们是指谁 |
[37:13] | Mother, do you remember Olivia– | 妈妈 你还记得奥利维亚 |
[37:15] | Olivia Debiasse? | 奥利维亚·德比西吗 |
[37:17] | Of course I do. I have my mind. | 我当然记得 我记得很清楚 |
[37:20] | Mrs. Wellesley, we need to a– | 威尔士利夫人 我们要 |
[37:21] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[37:23] | Blake, that’s not Olivia. | 布莱克 她可不是奥利维亚 |
[37:26] | Yes, mother. This is a police Detective, | 妈妈 她是个警探 |
[37:28] | – Investigating– – Oh, yes. | -正在调查 -好 |
[37:30] | My ring was stolen. | 我的戒指不见了 |
[37:32] | It was very expensive. | 它很贵的 |
[37:34] | Yes, ma’am. Uh, but before we can deal with that, | 好 夫人 但处理这件事之前 |
[37:37] | We need to ask you a few questions | 我们要问您几个 |
[37:39] | About Olivia Debiasse. | 关于奥利维亚·德比西的问题 |
[37:41] | Olivia came to me looking for a father, | 奥利维亚到我这里 说来找父亲 |
[37:44] | So I gave her Winston. | 所以我告诉她是温斯顿 |
[37:47] | A child would go a long way to butch up his image. | 有个孩子能让他变得有点男人味 |
[37:51] | But she was my daughter, mother. | 但她是我的女儿 妈妈 |
[37:55] | You were too special. | 你太出众了 |
[37:57] | You’re going to be a senator, | 你将会成为参议员 |
[37:59] | Maybe even president someday. | 甚至可能当上总统 |
[38:01] | Mrs. Wellesley, what happened to Olivia | 威尔士利夫人 奥利维亚被谋杀那天 |
[38:03] | The night of her murder? | 究竟发生了什么 |
[38:05] | Ooh! So many questions about– | 这么多问题都是关于… |
[38:08] | I don’t care for questions. | 我不关心这些问题 |
[38:10] | Olivia questioned me. | 奥利维亚也质问过我 |
[38:12] | Ugh! The gall of that girl. | 粗鲁的女孩 |
[38:14] | Mr. Wellesley, your mother is ill. | 威尔士利先生 你母亲有病 |
[38:16] | She can’t handle the stress– | 她不能承受压力 |
[38:17] | Oh, shut it, Frank. I can handle anything. | 闭嘴 弗兰克 我什么都不怕 |
[38:21] | It’s dangerous for her to get this riled up. | 她焦虑的话会很危险 |
[38:23] | I’m getting her medication from the car. | 我到车上给她拿药 |
[38:28] | What does any of this have to do with my stolen ring? | 为了找回我丢的戒指 还要做什么吗 |
[38:33] | Mother… Did you go to Olivia’s apartment that night? | 妈妈 你当晚去奥利维亚的公寓了吗 |
[38:37] | She crossed me, had to be stopped. | 她跟我作对 一定要阻止她 |
[38:40] | What did you do, mother? | 你做了什么 妈妈 |
[38:45] | Mrs. Wellesley… | 威尔士利夫人 |
[38:48] | Did you kill Olivia Debiasse? | 是你杀死了奥利维亚·德比西吗 |
[38:51] | Kill her? Why would I kill her? | 杀死她 我为什么要杀死她 |
[38:54] | N-no. | 没有 |
[38:56] | I… Said “take care of it,” | 我说”处理好这件事” |
[38:58] | And it was taken care of. | 接着事情就安排妥当了 |
[39:06] | And who did you ask to take care of it? | 你让谁去处理这件事 |
[39:08] | Well, well, well, if it isn’t Frank Davis. | 是弗兰克·戴维斯吗 |
[39:11] | Sorry, pal. Got the wrong guy. | 对不起 朋友 你认错人了 |
[39:12] | I don’t think so, pal. | 我可不这么想 |
[39:14] | I just spent the better part of a day | 我花了些时间 |
[39:15] | Sweating a guard named Patterson, | 审问一个叫帕特森的看守 |
[39:17] | Who works at the prison where Brady Thompson was killed. | 他在布莱迪·汤姆逊遇害的监狱工作 |
[39:19] | I don’t know any Brady Thompson | 我不认识什么布莱迪·汤姆逊 |
[39:20] | And I don’t know any Patterson. | 也不认识帕特森 |
[39:22] | That’s funny, ’cause he knows you. | 有意思 因为他认识你 |
[39:24] | Said that you paid him to monitor | 他说你贿赂他监听 |
[39:25] | Brady Thompson’s calls about a package. | 布莱迪·汤姆逊寄包裹的电话 |
[39:28] | No. No, no, no. | 不 别想跑 |
[39:30] | Said that you paid him to have a lifer | 说你付钱 让他找个被判无期的囚犯 |
[39:31] | Put a shiv in Brady Thompson’s back. | 把刀插进布莱迪·汤姆逊后背 |
[39:34] | Now you tell me how I got the wrong guy. | 现在你说我有没有抓错人 |
[39:37] | Cuffs. | 手铐 |
[39:39] | So Frank was the family hit man? | 弗兰克是家族杀手吗 |
[39:41] | More like the family fixer. | 更像是位家族帮手 |
[39:42] | He cleaned up all types of dirt | 他为威尔士利重新当选参议员 |
[39:43] | For senator Wellesley back in the day. | 扫清障碍 |
[39:44] | He knows where all the bodies are buried. | 他知道下葬尸体的地方 |
[39:45] | And which ones needed to be dug up. | 也知道要挖出哪个 |
[39:48] | And then after he got rid of Olivia | 按威尔士利夫人的命令 |
[39:49] | On Mrs. Wellesley’s orders, | 摆脱奥利维亚后 |
[39:50] | He called around to all his low-life connections | 他联系所有生活潦倒的朋友 |
[39:52] | Until he found someone desperate enough to cut a deal. | 直到找到愿意解决问题的家伙 |
[39:53] | Then why, after ten years, | 为什么十年后 |
[39:55] | Would he suddenly stop paying Brady to do his jail time? | 不再为布莱迪蹲监狱付钱了 |
[39:57] | When Mrs. Wellesley lost her faculties, | 威尔士利夫人生病后 |
[39:59] | Blake was granted power of attorney. | 布莱克负责管理家族事物 |
[40:00] | Frank couldn’t get the money to make the payments anymore. | 弗兰克拿不到钱继续付款 |
[40:03] | So he stopped, figuring Brady would just disappear? | 所以他停止付款 打算让布莱迪消失 |
[40:05] | And when he found out Brady had evidence | 当他发现布莱迪有证据 |
[40:07] | To prove his innocence, Frank panicked. | 证明自己无辜的时候 弗兰克慌了 |
[40:08] | He stole Mrs. Wellesley’s ring and hocked it | 他偷了威尔士利夫人的戒指抵押 |
[40:10] | To finance his plan to shut Brady up permanently. | 换钱来让布莱迪彻底闭嘴 |
[40:13] | By the way, took a look at the precinct’s numbers. | 顺便说一下 看看分局完成的指标 |
[40:16] | Three closed cases | 破获三起案子 |
[40:17] | Puts us just over the mandated case closure rate, | 让我们刚好达到要求的破案率 |
[40:19] | Right in time for the review tomorrow. | 正赶上应付明天的检查 |
[40:20] | You know what’s even better than that? | 你知道比那更好的是什么吗 |
[40:22] | After ten years, I can call Olivia’s aunt | 十年后 我能打电话给奥利维亚的姑姑 |
[40:24] | And tell her that we really got the guy, finally. | 告诉她终于抓到了真凶 |
[40:33] | And you get to give the messenger’s sister some closure, too. | 你也去告诉快递员的姐姐结果 |
[40:37] | Though I don’t suppose having answers makes it any easier. | 虽然我不知道 怎么说才能宽慰死者家属 |
[40:41] | It does… In time. | 有办法 及时说就好 |
[41:04] | I can’t believe | 难以置信 |
[41:05] | How many lives were ruined over one woman’s need | 为了满足一个女人保护家族名誉的需要 |
[41:08] | To protect her family’s reputation. | 毁了多少生命 |
[41:09] | You will never have this problem. | 你永远不会有这种烦恼的 |
[41:11] | Between grams and myself, | 因为有你我和你奶奶 |
[41:13] | Our family reputation’s already in ruins. | 我们的家族名誉已经毁了 |
[41:14] | Mm, lucky me. | 我真幸运 |
[41:17] | What’s gonna happen to Brady’s son? | 布莱迪的儿子会怎么样呢 |
[41:18] | Well, there’s a silver lining there. | 乌云过后 阳光灿烂 |
[41:20] | When Blake Wellesley found out | 当布莱克·威尔士利知道 |
[41:22] | Why Brady sold his freedom… | 布莱迪为什么出卖自由 |
[41:23] | He pledged $20 million to a local kids’ charity.. | 他承诺向纽约儿童慈善团体捐款两千万 |
[41:26] | Who agreed to handle Brady’s son’s care. | 他们同意照顾布莱迪的儿子 |
[41:28] | Oh, that’s so sweet. | 太好了 |
[41:32] | Lookin’ good, Grams. Hot date? | 看起来真不错 奶奶 热辣约会吗 |
[41:35] | Dining and dancing with Chet Palaburn. | 和查特·帕拉本共进晚餐并还要共舞几曲 |
[41:38] | What if he turns out to be bloated and ugly? | 如果他变得又胖又丑怎么办 |
[41:41] | Oh, how superficial do you think I am? | 你觉得我有多肤浅 |
[41:45] | Intensely. Mother, what is going on? | 非常 妈妈 怎么了 |
[41:47] | Present-day Martha is going on. | 以前的玛莎回来了 |
[41:50] | I’ve had filthy, stinking rich. | 我曾经富得流油 |
[41:52] | I’ve had broke, dirt-poor. | 也曾经一无所有 |
[41:54] | And you know what I want now? | 知道现在我想要什么吗 |
[41:56] | Fun. Just fun. | 快乐 只是快乐 |
[42:00] | And if you aren’t what Chet’s expecting? | 如果你不是查特期待的样子呢 |
[42:03] | Oh, please, darling. Look at me. | 拜托 亲爱的 看看我 |
[42:06] | Come on. It doesn’t get any better than that. | 没有比这更棒的了 |
[42:10] | Don’t wait up for me, kids. | 别等我了 孩子们 |
[42:14] | Mama’s on the prowl. | 妈妈出场了 |
[42:18] | Oh, that poor bastard. | 这老不羞 |
[42:21] | Is insanity inherited? | 这种疯狂会遗传吗 |