英文名称:Being Flynn
年代:2012
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | America has produced only three classic writers, | 从古至今,美国仅仅出产了三位一流作家: |
[00:35] | Mark Twain, J.D. Salinger,and me. | 马克・吐温,J.D.塞林格和我 (注:J.D.塞林格,代表作为《麦田里的守望者》) |
[00:41] | I’m Jonathan Flynn. | 我是乔纳桑・弗林 |
[00:43] | Everything I write is a masterpiece. | 我书写的一切皆为杰作 |
[00:46] | And soon, very soon, | 很快,无需时日 |
[00:49] | I shall be known. | 我将为世人所知 |
[00:57] | At this point of the story,let’s call it the present, | 在故事的现阶段――我们可称其为“当下” |
[01:00] | I am an upstanding citizen of these United States. | 我是一名正直的美国公民 |
[01:04] | I have a job, | 我有一份工作 |
[01:06] | a roof over my head.I have sustenance. | 一处栖身之所,三餐足以果腹 |
[01:13] | Perhaps I’ll let you read my masterpiece someday. | 也许在未来的某天你们能读到我的大作 |
[01:16] | The Button Man, also known as The Confessions of Christopher Cobb. | 《纽扣人》,它还有另一个名字叫《克里斯托弗・科布的自白书》 |
[01:19] | It’s classic. | 绝对一流 |
[01:26] | This isn’t his story. | 这不是他的故事 |
[01:27] | Well, it is,but he is not telling it, | 好吧,其实就是,但故事的叙述者并不是他 |
[01:31] | I am. | 而是我 |
[01:35] | I’m Nick Flynn, his son, and I am sort of trying to be a writer. | 我是尼克・弗林,他的儿子,我可以说是正在尝试成为一名作家 |
[01:42] | I mean, not at this very moment. | 我的意思是现在不行 |
[01:45] | At this moment I’m trying to… | 现在我正试着… |
[01:46] | Wake up. | 起来 |
[01:50] | Hey, wake up. | 喂,起来 |
[01:59] | All my life, my father has been manifest as an absence. | 在我人生的旅程里,父亲曾一度以一张空座的形式出现 |
[02:03] | A non-presence.A name without a body. | 他是缺席者,是一个没有实体的名字 |
[02:06] | What if he doesn’t show up? | 他要是不出现该怎么办? |
[02:08] | He’s gonna show up. | 他会的 |
[02:09] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[02:11] | Because if he doesn’t show up this time, | 因为如果他这次再不现身的话 |
[02:13] | I’m going to kill him. | 我就宰了他 |
[02:16] | How will you find him to kill him? | 那你要怎么把他找出来宰了? |
[02:19] | I have ways. | 我自有办法 |
[02:23] | Can we get ice cream if he doesn’t show up? | 如果他不出现的话,我们能去买冰淇淋么? |
[02:27] | Here is the bus.Here he is. | 巴士来了,他来了 |
[02:34] | No, that is not him. | 不对,那不是他 |
[02:36] | He must be in the back. | 他肯定在后面的座位上 |
[03:04] | What kind of ice cream do you want to get? | 冰淇淋要什么味道的? |
[03:06] | Chocolate. | 巧克力味 |
[03:08] | Some part of me knew he would show up someday. | 某个部分的我清楚他总有一天会现身的 |
[03:11] | If I stayed in one place long enough, he would find me, | 如果我在一个地方呆得足够久,他就会找到我 |
[03:14] | like you are taught to do when you are lost. | 某个人曾告诉过你,走失的时候应该这么做,对吧 |
[03:18] | But what do you do if both of you are lost | 可要是你和某个人都迷了路 |
[03:19] | and you both end up in the same place, waiting | 你们来到同一个地方,同时开始了漫长的等待,又该如何是好 |
[03:37] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿,小甜心 |
[03:38] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[03:43] | I’m exhausted. | 我快累死了 |
[03:44] | How was your flight? | 飞得怎么样? |
[03:45] | Non-stop turbulence. | 颠个不停 |
[03:48] | Nick, what is the ashtray doing by the bed? | 烟灰缸怎么在床头柜上? |
[03:51] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[03:55] | Lipstick? | 唇膏? |
[03:59] | You are a fucking asshole. | 你这个混蛋 |
[04:03] | Look, you are the one who said you didn’t see a future for us. | 是你说在我们俩身上看不到未来的 |
[04:05] | I wonder why? This is yours! | 我想知道为什么?这是你的! |
[04:09] | This is yours. | 你的! |
[04:10] | And this is yours! – All right. | 你的! – 好啦 |
[04:12] | And this is yours. All right. | 还是你的。 – 好啦 |
[04:14] | My book. And Yeats. | 别这么对我的书。- 叶芝 (注:威廉・巴特勒・叶芝,爱尔兰诗人,剧作家) |
[04:16] | Oh, more Yeats.All right. | 又一本叶芝 – 够了 |
[04:18] | Wow! You are so well-read. | 哇,你可真是博览群书啊 |
[04:20] | All right.All right! | 够了,够了! |
[04:36] | I’ll pay for the mirror. | 我会赔你镜子钱的 |
[04:39] | As soon as I get a job. | 我找到工作马上赔你 |
[04:44] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[04:47] | For what, your complete inadequacy as a human being? | 不好意思什么,觉得自己不配做人? |
[04:53] | Yes. | 是 |
[04:58] | Well, you warned me. | 你这倒是点醒我了 |
[05:02] | Don’t worry, you’re back. | 别担心,你又回来了 |
[05:03] | Hello. | 你好呀 |
[05:04] | Back in the hands of a master storyteller. | 回到了故事大师的手上 |
[05:10] | Yeah, yeah,go fuck yourself. | 呵呵,去你的吧 |
[05:13] | I like kids and small animals. | 我喜欢孩子和小动物 |
[05:16] | What I don’t like is queers and blacks | 但我不喜欢那些成天盯着你屁眼的 |
[05:18] | who try and fuck you up the ass all day and all night. | 基佬和黑鬼 (注:fuck up the ass根据停顿不同既可指惹怒某人,又能描述同性恋者的性爱方式) |
[05:22] | But more on that later. | 关于这点,我们稍后详谈 |
[05:25] | What I am, always have been, is an artist. | 我是一名艺术家 |
[05:38] | Shut the fuck up. | 他妈的给我安静点 |
[05:43] | Shut up. Shut up. | 安静!安静! |
[06:06] | Shut the fuck up! Shut up! | 你大爷的给我安静点!闭嘴! |
[06:11] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[06:14] | A friend of a friend knew a couple of guys | 我一个朋友的朋友认识几个人 |
[06:16] | who were renting an entire building, | 他们出租一整栋楼 |
[06:17] | a former strip joint called “Good Times.” | 那里原本是名为“好时光”的脱衣舞酒吧 |
[06:20] | Unfortunately, the good times were not had by all, | 不幸的是,并非所有人都有段好时光 |
[06:24] | like that Harvard student who was found | 就像三年前 |
[06:26] | stabbed to death in the doorway three years before. | 在这道门前被捅死的那个哈佛学生一样 |
[06:38] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该跟你说什么 |
[06:40] | That’s something you got to figure out, man. | 你自己想想该说什么,老兄 |
[06:41] | So, what appeals to you about living here? | 所以,吸引你住在这里的是哪一点? |
[06:44] | Low rent. Yeah, hold on one second. | 房租低。 – 你稍等 |
[06:47] | Do you have a job? | 你有工作么? |
[06:48] | Uh, no. I have some money saved up. | 呃,没有。我有一些存款 |
[06:51] | I was working as an electrician, | 我以前是个电工 |
[06:52] | but now I’m looking for a new line of work. | 不过现在我在找别的工作 |
[06:54] | An electrician? | 电工? |
[06:56] | Can you wire this place up to look like a spaceship? | 你能把这里改造成宇宙飞船内部么 |
[06:57] | Ivan. – Yes. | 埃文 – 行啊 |
[07:00] | And what field of employment are you interested in? | 你对哪个领域感兴趣? |
[07:04] | Something different,something more meaningful. | 一些与众不同的,更有意义的 |
[07:06] | “More meaningful,” what does that mean? | 什么是“更有意义的” |
[07:10] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[07:11] | Are those, like,the names of strippers? | 那些是脱衣舞娘的名字么? |
[07:13] | Yeah. The landlord’s Mafia, so he just left all this shit the way it was | 嗯,这里曾经是黑手党的地盘 |
[07:16] | when the FBI shut him down. | 所以FBI的人把这里查封以后里面的装潢都没动过 |
[07:18] | Any family? | 有家人么? |
[07:19] | Stop interrogating the guy. | 别像警察侦讯似的好不 |
[07:20] | I’m sorry, Ivan, but my last roommate had | 不好意思,埃文,可是我上一个室友 |
[07:23] | his entire family from Cambodia sleeping in the living room. | 把他柬埔寨的家人全接到客厅来了 |
[07:25] | No, my mom’s dead, and my dad, I haven’t heard from in 18 years, so… | 没有,我母亲已经过世了,我的父亲已经消失了18年,所以… |
[07:29] | Perfect.Done. | 完美,你可以搬进来了 |
[07:32] | So, are you guys like… | 你俩是不是有啥(JQ)… |
[07:33] | No. No. Okay. | 没。没。 – 好吧 |
[07:35] | So, Denise, didn’t you say they were hiring people at your work? | 蒂尼斯,你不是说过你们那招人么? |
[07:40] | They usually are. | 他们一直在招人 |
[07:41] | Good. ‘Cause I think Nick here is looking for a job. | 很好,尼克他正在找工作呢 |
[07:43] | Give him a break, man. Where do you work? | 让他说。 – 你在哪工作? |
[07:46] | Harbor Street Inn. You heard of it? | 港湾街旅店。听过么? |
[07:47] | No. – It’s a homeless shelter. | 没有。 – 是个流浪汉收容所。 |
[07:51] | That sounds intense. So are you like a do-gooder? | 听起来很辛苦。 所以你是个社会改良家? (注:do-gooder带着玩笑语气,多指一腔热血但好心办坏事的社会志愿者) |
[07:54] | No, I’m a do-badder,but I work at Harbor Street. | 不,我是个社会破坏者,但我在港湾街上班。 (注:do-badder是个生造词,相对于do-gooder,指坏心办好事) |
[07:58] | What makes you a do-badder? | 是什么让你做这一行的? |
[08:01] | I bet you would like to know. | 你来了就知道了。 |
[08:02] | I would. | 成 |
[08:10] | Upon occasion, rare occasion, but still, | 偶尔,数量极少但仍可能发生的情况下 |
[08:13] | I’ll pick up a female fare and we will strike up a conversation. | 我会拉上一个能和我“促膝长谈”的女客人 |
[08:17] | Oh, Jonathan. | 哦,乔纳桑 |
[08:20] | Oh, Jonathan. | 哦 |
[08:24] | Jonathan. | 乔纳桑 |
[08:25] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:27] | Let’s be a little realistic here. | 咱们现实点吧 |
[08:28] | All right. | 行啊 |
[08:36] | Still, we are having fun,aren’t we, Buttercup? | 不过我们玩得挺开心的,不是么,小金花? |
[08:39] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[08:41] | Who is this? | 这是谁? |
[08:42] | That is my wife and kid. | 我的老婆孩子 |
[08:45] | Will you listen to this shit. | 你要听我废话一番么? |
[08:47] | You are married? | 你结婚了? |
[08:50] | Divorced,a long time ago. | 离了,很久以前的事了 |
[08:54] | Well, I had better get you home. | 好了,我现在送你回家 |
[08:56] | I left the meter running. That’ll be $240. | 车还打着表呢,现在估计跳到240刀了 |
[09:01] | Quiet! | 安静! |
[09:03] | Quiet! | 安静点! |
[09:05] | I can’t even think anymore! | 我都没法思考了! |
[09:14] | Excuse me. | 等我一下 |
[09:23] | Open up! | 开门! |
[09:28] | Asshole. | 混球 |
[09:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:56] | I was hoping you’d be here. | 我一直在等你来这呢 |
[09:59] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[10:00] | Well, so I know somebody. | 这样就有个熟人作伴了 |
[10:01] | We don’t exactly know each other, do we? | 我们不算熟人吧? |
[10:04] | I guess not. | 我猜也不是 |
[10:11] | I’m not interested in a relationship. | 我对交往没什么兴趣 |
[10:14] | What? | 什么? |
[10:15] | I’m not interested in a relationship. | 我不打算当你的女朋友 |
[10:16] | Okay, I can cope. | 好吧,我能应付得来 |
[10:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:30] | Phone call. | 电话 |
[10:32] | Who is it? | 谁啊? |
[10:33] | Your father. | 你爸 |
[10:35] | Who? | 谁? |
[10:36] | Your father, who you supposedly hadn’t seen in 18 years. | 你爸,那个你本该已经18年没见过他人影的 |
[10:57] | This is Nick. | 我是尼克 |
[10:58] | Is this Nicholas Flynn? | 是尼古拉斯・弗林么? |
[10:59] | Yes. | 是 |
[11:00] | Nicholas, this is your father, Jonathan Flynn. | 尼古拉斯,我是你爹,乔纳桑・弗林 |
[11:03] | It is? | 真的? |
[11:04] | It is. I have a question for you. | 真的,我问你个问题 |
[11:06] | Do you have a truck? A pickup truck? | 你有卡车么,载货的那种 |
[11:09] | Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do. | 对,事实上,我确实有一辆 |
[11:11] | I heard as much. | 我听说过 |
[11:12] | From who? | 谁说的? |
[11:13] | Your grandmother, she mentioned it a few years ago. | 你祖母说的,她几年前提到过 |
[11:15] | You do remember your grandmother, don’t you? | 你还记得她吧? |
[11:18] | I do. – Good. | 记得 – 很好 |
[11:19] | Now I want you to get in your truck and drive over here. | 现在我要你开车过来 |
[11:22] | I’m sorry, you say you are my father? | 不好意思,你说你是我爸? |
[11:24] | That is correct. | 正确 |
[11:25] | I was evicted and I need you to get over here | 我被赶出来了,我需要你过来帮我 |
[11:27] | and help me move my stuff, Nicholas. | 把我的东西搬走,尼古拉斯 |
[11:30] | How did you get this number? | 你怎么知道这里的电话的? |
[11:31] | Information. Now listen to me carefully. | 信息台。现在仔细听我说 |
[11:34] | I am sitting behind a door with a shotgun. | 我正拿着一杆猎枪坐在一扇门后头 |
[11:36] | I’m waiting for the knob to turn. | 就等着门把手的动静呢 |
[11:38] | Get over here right now. | 你马上过来 |
[11:41] | That is an appealing offer. | 还真是迫切需求啊 |
[11:42] | You are damn right it is. | 没错,是非常迫切 |
[11:44] | It’s all yours. You are my sole heir, Nicholas. | 这些都是你东西,你是我唯一的子嗣,尼古拉斯 |
[11:46] | I want you to have everything. | 我希望你能继承它们 |
[11:48] | You have a pen or a pencil? | 手边有笔么? |
[11:49] | Because I want you to write this address down. | 把我说的地址记下来 |
[11:54] | What am I doing here? | 我到底是来干嘛的? |
[11:56] | What are you doing here? What are we doing here? | 你来这干嘛的?我们来这干嘛的? |
[11:59] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们陪我过来 |
[12:01] | Sure. Should we just wait here? Or do you want us… | 我们要在这里等还是…? |
[12:26] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[12:27] | It’s Nick. Nicholas. | 是我,尼克。尼古拉斯 |
[12:29] | Come on in, the door is open. Come in. | 进来,门开着,进来 |
[12:38] | I’ll be with you in a minute. | 等我一分钟 |
[12:42] | I appreciate you coming over, Nicholas. | 很感谢你过来,尼古拉斯 |
[12:44] | We’re put on this Earth to help other people. | 我们存在世间的意义就是帮助他人 |
[12:47] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[12:53] | We were put on this Earth to help other people, Nicholas. | 我们存在世间的意义就是帮助他人, 尼古拉斯 |
[12:56] | I regret our mutual loss. | 我对我们彼此错过的一切感到遗憾 |
[12:58] | I am a born writer,so are you. | 我是一个天生的作家,你也一样 |
[13:01] | Get this in your head at once. I am a classic storyteller. A great writer. | 现在立刻记住这句话。我是一个一流的叙事者。一个伟大的作家。 |
[13:05] | I think I want to be a writer. | 我想我希望成为一个作家。 |
[13:07] | Yeah? | 所以? |
[13:08] | Dad is a writer, right? | 老爸是个作家,对不对? |
[13:09] | Ha! | 哈! |
[13:11] | What makes you think that? | 你怎么突然想到这个? |
[13:13] | It says right here. It says,”Work on my novel is going well. | 信里说:“我的小说进展顺利。” |
[13:16] | “I shall soon win the Nobel Prize | “我很快就会得诺贝尔奖 |
[13:18] | “for both storytelling and poetry. | “不管是小说还是诗作 |
[13:20] | “No fear.” | “别担心。” |
[13:23] | You know where that letter was written from? | 你知道他是在哪写的这封信么? |
[13:25] | Prison. – Mmm-hmm. | 监狱里 – 嗯哼 |
[13:26] | Why is he in prison again? | 他怎么又进监狱了? |
[13:28] | Interstate transportation of stolen securities. | 跨洲运送窃取所得有价证券罪 |
[13:30] | What is that? | 什么意思? |
[13:31] | He cashed forged checks. | 他拿伪造的支票兑现 |
[13:33] | He stole thousands and thousands of dollars. | 相当于是偷了很多很多的钱 |
[13:38] | Do you know how much of that we have seen? | 你知道他分给我们多少么? |
[13:39] | Zero. Zilch. | 零。 – 半点没有 |
[13:40] | Zippo. Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[13:42] | Nada. Niente. | 没有什么 – 啥都没有 (注:此处有点类似于联想游戏,说出尽可能多个首字母相同且意思相近的单词) |
[13:46] | Have you seen my baseball glove? | 看到我的棒球手套没? |
[13:48] | If it were up your ass,you would know where it was. | 如果它就贴在你屁股上的话,你肯定找得着 (注:up your ass意为“不关我事”,同时有“在你屁股上”的意思) |
[13:57] | Well? Gonna come in? | 准备进来么? |
[14:09] | Pleasure to see you, Nicholas,aside from the circumstances. | 真高兴看到你,尼古拉斯,但我真不待见这地了 |
[14:11] | What are the circumstances? | 怎么了? |
[14:13] | The circumstances are | 现在的情况是 |
[14:14] | that I had a disagreement with my scum-sucking landlord. | 我跟那垃圾房东闹翻了 |
[14:18] | I don’t know why. | 然后不知道怎么回事 |
[14:20] | And so he decided to bring the police into the discussion. | 他决定让警察介入 |
[14:22] | So now I’m forced to move. | 于是我不得不搬走 |
[14:24] | Move where? | 搬去哪里? |
[14:26] | I’m considering my options.I’m a sought-after house guest. | 我还在选呢。一堆人请我到他们家去。 |
[14:29] | You know why? | 知道这是为什么? |
[14:30] | No. | 不知道 |
[14:32] | Because I’m an excellent raconteur. | 因为我是一个极好的说书人 |
[14:35] | But until I find a new place, | 但在我找到新的居所之前 |
[14:36] | I have to put all my things in storage. | 我得把所有的东西都放在这儿 |
[14:38] | Hey. So I’m not bringing the gun in my truck. | 嘿,所以我不用把那枪拿上卡车了吧 |
[14:40] | What? – The shotgun. | 什么? – 那把猎枪啊 |
[14:41] | Shotgun? | 猎枪? |
[14:43] | Uh, yeah. You said you had a shotgun. | 呃,是啊。你说你有把猎枪 |
[14:44] | A shotgun? Who said that? I abhor firearms. | 猎枪?谁说的?我是反火器主义者 |
[14:46] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, I can defend myself. | 我是说,你别误会了,我可以保护我自己 |
[14:49] | Let me just… | 你看… |
[14:56] | You see this? – Yes. | 看到没? – 嗯 |
[14:58] | Anyone messes with me when I’m driving | 要是在我开车或者走路或者做别的事的时候 |
[15:00] | or walking down the street, whatever. | 有人敢找我麻烦 |
[15:01] | Bamo! Right in the head. It sends a little message, let me tell you. | 砰!直接砸他们一脑瓜子。我跟你说 |
[15:04] | I’d like to take that scumbag landlord, | 我现在真想去找那个人渣房东 |
[15:06] | and I’d like to ram it right up his ass. | 直接把这个抡到他屁股上去 |
[15:08] | This landlord, this merchant, this fucking user… | 这个房东,奸商,操蛋的 |
[15:10] | Hey, that is great. Would you mind putting that away? | 好啦,说得很对,你能把这个拿远点么? |
[15:13] | I’d like to take this and… | 我要把这个… |
[15:14] | Please? …ram it up his fucking ass, | 能请你…? …一下抡到他的屁股上去, |
[15:16] | twist it around,pull it down, | 转几圈,再拉个口子 |
[15:18] | rip out his innards and fucking pull them out. | 把他的内脏全掏出来 |
[15:22] | You get the fucking picture. | 你能想象这样的画面么? |
[15:30] | That was my first wife, Jody. | 这是我第一任妻子,朱迪 |
[15:34] | I know who it is.She was my mother. | 我知道她是谁,她是我妈 |
[15:36] | I know she was your mother. | 我知道她是你妈 |
[15:38] | She was the most beautiful woman in the world. | 她是世界上最美的女人 |
[15:40] | She was the love of my life. | 她是我命中挚爱 |
[15:42] | She was the light of my love. | 爱情之光 |
[15:45] | I know if she was still alive today, we’d be together. | 如果她现在还活着,我们会重归于好的 |
[15:50] | Such a tragic accident. | 真是个不幸的意外 |
[15:53] | What accident? | 什么意外? |
[15:55] | The accident that cut her life short. | 缩短她的生命的那个 |
[15:57] | It wasn’t an accident. She left a note. | 那不是意外。她留了张纸条 |
[16:01] | Did it mention me? | 里头提到我了么? |
[16:05] | No. | 没有 |
[16:07] | Ah. | 哦 |
[16:08] | Not much of a letter writer, your mother. | 你妈她不太会写信 |
[16:12] | All right, Nicholas. Why don’t we get started. | 好啦,尼古拉斯,咱们为何不开始干活呢 |
[16:15] | You can just take all this stuff and throw it in a box. | 你只需要把这些东西拿起来丢进箱子里 |
[16:18] | The paintings,be careful of. | 对这些画小心点 |
[16:20] | Especially this one and that one, and that one on the wall. | 特别是这幅还有那幅,还有墙上的那幅 |
[16:22] | Be careful of all this stuff. It’s all valuable. | 小心点拿这些东西,都很贵重 |
[16:26] | Nicholas, I want you to have this. | 尼古拉斯,你拿着这个 |
[16:28] | This is an original Jackson Pollock. | 杰克森・波洛克的真迹 (注:杰克森・波洛克,美国滴画大师,抽象表现主义代表人) |
[16:30] | He was a friend. | 我的老朋友 |
[16:32] | Oh, no. I couldn’t. | 哦,不,我不能拿 |
[16:34] | No, I want you to have it. | 不,你拿着 |
[16:35] | Okay, thanks. | 好吧,谢谢 |
[16:37] | Are you going to help move this stuff, since it’s yours? | 你要帮我搬这些东西么,全是你的 |
[16:39] | I wish I could, but I suffer from lethal phlebitis in both legs. | 我也想啊,但是我两腿都得了要老命的静脉炎 |
[16:43] | You be careful with those boxes. There’s manuscripts. | 你小心点拿,这些可都是原稿 |
[16:47] | Manuscripts. | 原稿 |
[16:50] | Those are your friends? | 他们是你朋友? |
[16:52] | I guess. Yeah. | 大概吧 |
[16:53] | A homosexual and a black pothead? | 一个基佬和一个吸大麻的黑鬼? |
[16:55] | Well, good luck to you. | 祝你好运 |
[16:57] | Well, I have to get to work now. | 我得去上班了 |
[16:59] | Do you mind just locking the padlock when you’re finished? | 不介意搬完之后帮我把挂锁都锁上吧? |
[17:01] | Yeah. Wait. So you drive a taxi? | 当然。等下,你是开出租车的? |
[17:03] | Well, it’s an excellent way of learning | 这是了解不同人群的 |
[17:05] | about all different kinds of people. | 最佳手段 |
[17:06] | And what is your vocation? | 你做什么工作? |
[17:08] | My vocation? Uh… | 我的工作?呃… |
[17:10] | I’ve done lots of different jobs. | 我做过很多种不同的工作 |
[17:11] | I always thought you’d end up a writer, like your old man. | 我一直觉得你会像自己的老爹一样成为一名作家 |
[17:14] | Actually, I do write. You know, sometimes. I try. | 事实上,我确实有写作。我有时会自己尝试去写 |
[17:17] | Well, there is no such thing as trying to write. | 没有“尝试写作”这一回事 |
[17:20] | One writes,or one doesn’t. | 只有“写”或者“不写”,就这么简单 |
[17:21] | You have to take every opportunity to practice your craft. | 你需要把握每一个练笔的机会 |
[17:25] | Anyway, I know you have inherited some writing talent from me, | 不管怎么说,我知道你从我这继承了写作的才能 |
[17:28] | because I am a truly great writer. | 因为我是一个真正伟大的作家 |
[17:30] | I’m going to show you something. | 给你看点东西 |
[17:36] | I have a letter from Viking Press. | 我这有封维京出版社的信 |
[17:40] | You’ve heard of Viking Press, haven’t you? | 你听过这个出版社吧 |
[17:42] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:43] | Look at this. Look at that phrase there. | 看这个。看这句话 |
[17:45] | “Your book is a virtuoso display of personality. | “贵书实乃社会百态的精湛陈列 |
[17:50] | “Unfortunately, its dosage would kill hardier readers than we have here.” | “不幸的是,其精湛之剂量远超我社读者的承受范围。” |
[17:53] | “Virtuoso display,” Viking Press. | “精湛陈列”,维京出版社 |
[17:56] | Well, it’s been a great pleasure, Nicholas. | 我很高兴,尼古拉斯 |
[18:01] | Well, hey, uh… | 呃,嘿 |
[18:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:05] | You need anything? Aside from the Pollock? | 你还要什么么?除了波洛克? |
[18:09] | No. | 不 |
[18:11] | All right. Well, au revoir, then. | 好吧,再见(法语) |
[18:24] | You’re welcome. | 很高兴为您服务 |
[18:25] | Don’t mention it. | 别客气 |
[18:29] | Your father’s a nightmare. | 你老爸真是难搞 |
[18:32] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[18:35] | It’s a fucking Jackson Pollock painting. | 是幅该死的杰克森・波洛克画作 |
[18:37] | Jackson Pollock? Jesus! | 杰克森・波洛克?老天啊! |
[18:40] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[18:42] | Pollock spelled his name wrong when he signed it. | 波洛克签名的时候都拼错了 |
[18:49] | So then he gives me a gift, | 然后他就给了我一个礼物 |
[18:51] | a Jackson Pollock painting. | 一副杰克森・波洛克的画 |
[18:53] | Which, like an asshole, I think is real. | 我得像个傻瓜一样把它当成是真的 |
[18:55] | So after 18 years of wondering, | 所以在好奇了18年之后 |
[18:57] | here’s what I learned about my father. | 老爸终于让我明白了一件事 |
[18:59] | He’s a racist, he’s a homophobe, and he’s fucking crazy. | 他是个种族主义者,恐同者,还他妈的是个疯子 |
[19:02] | Can you reach him? I mean, if you wanted to? | 你能联系到他么?如果你想联系他的话? |
[19:05] | I don’t know that I ever want to see him again. Really. | 说真的,我不知道自己是不是还想再见到他 |
[19:08] | I don’t know how I feel about it. | 我不知道自己的感觉是什么样的 |
[19:09] | I can’t really locate what I feel. | 我不确定自己现在的感觉是什么 |
[19:13] | Is that why you called me? | 你打电话给我就为了这个? |
[19:14] | To help you locate your feelings? | 帮你确定下感觉? |
[19:16] | Do you want to get out of here? You look beautiful. | 要出去玩玩么?你看起来很美 |
[19:20] | None of that. We’re friends now. | 不用了。我们现在是朋友 |
[19:21] | We’re friends? | 我们是朋友? |
[19:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:24] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed sleeping with you, but… | 别误会,我觉得那天晚上很愉快,不过… |
[19:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:28] | I told you I didn’t want a relationship. | 我说过我不想确定关系 |
[19:29] | So, now we’re friends. | 所以我们现在是朋友 |
[19:32] | Okay. Well, thanks for letting me know. | 好吧,谢谢你告诉我 |
[19:36] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[19:40] | You should think about working at Harbor Street. | 你应该考虑下来海湾街工作 |
[19:44] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:45] | Well, I was in kind of a fucked state, | 当时我的状况很糟 |
[19:47] | mentally, when I started there. | 我指的是精神上,当我刚开始在那工作时 |
[19:49] | Um, yeah, just,I like working there. | 嗯,不过我喜欢在那里工作 |
[19:56] | Tell me about your fucked state. | 讲讲你当时那糟糕的状况吧 |
[20:01] | Do you want another one of these? | 你要再来一杯么? |
[20:14] | All right? | 你好啊 |
[20:17] | Hey, how are you? How’s it going? | 嘿,你好么,最近怎么样 |
[20:35] | How did you hear about this job? | 你是从哪里得知这份工作的有关情况的 |
[20:37] | A friend of mine,Denise, works here. | 我一个朋友,蒂尼斯,在这里工作 |
[20:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:42] | So what makes you want to work with the homeless? | 那你又是因为什么想要帮助无家可归者 |
[20:46] | I don’t know. Uh… | 不知道,呃… |
[20:51] | I mean, we are put on this Earth to help other people, right? | 我想说,我们存在世间的意义就是帮助他人,不是么? |
[20:54] | Someone I knew told me that. | 一个熟人告诉我的 |
[20:56] | Who? | 谁? |
[20:57] | Who? No one. Uh… | 谁?没有,呃… |
[21:00] | Look, I guess I just see homeless people everywhere. | 我想我只是看到无家可归者无处不在 |
[21:03] | It seems like there is more and more. | 他们的数量似乎还在增加 |
[21:06] | Seems like it. | 似乎是这样 |
[21:09] | I guess I just want a job that, you know, means something. | 我想我只是需要一份有意义的工作 |
[21:12] | Something where I don’t despise myself when I come home from work. | 一份让我不会在下班回家后对自己产生嫌恶感的工作 |
[21:16] | So you despise yourself? | 你看轻自己? |
[21:19] | I don’t know. Uh,sure. Doesn’t everyone? | 可能吧,呃,当然,每个人不都是这样么? |
[21:22] | I don’t despise myself. | 我可不会看轻自己 |
[21:25] | I used to be a guest here. | 我曾经也是这里的常客 |
[21:27] | Then I worked here.I had a permanent bed. | 后来我在这里工作,有了一个永久床位 |
[21:30] | And then I moved out. | 接着我就搬出去了 |
[21:32] | I got a job in construction,became the foreman. | 我在建筑工地找了份工作,成了一个工头 |
[21:36] | Then one day I came back here to give something back. | 后来的某天,我回到这里,准备回报它些什么 |
[21:38] | So I’ve come a long way up, | 我花了很长的时间向上走 |
[21:40] | but it’s a quick fall down. | 但回到底层却只是一瞬间的事 |
[21:41] | So I really can’t afford to hate myself. | 所以我真的恨不起自己 |
[21:43] | You know what I’m talking about? | 你知道我在说什么吗? |
[21:50] | You don’t know what I’m talking about. | 你不知道我在说什么 |
[21:52] | But that’s okay. | 不过没关系 |
[21:55] | Tell you what. I can put you on the fill-in list. | 我可以把你放到候补名单上 |
[21:59] | If we need somebody to fill in, we’ll call. | 如果我们需要人手就打你电话 |
[22:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:07] | Hey, so why do they call you Captain? | 嘿,他们为什么管你叫队长 |
[22:12] | Because I’m the Captain. | 因为我是队长 |
[22:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:19] | Just bring it by right now. | 现在马上? |
[22:21] | Okay, later. | 好的,你等一下 |
[22:23] | Hey, they called from Harbor Street Inn. | 嘿,港湾街旅店打电话来了 |
[22:25] | They want you to fill in tonight. | 他们希望你今晚去顶班 |
[22:28] | Tonight? | 今晚? |
[22:38] | There were different types of people who worked there. | 在这里工作的人形形色色 |
[22:40] | There were the religious types. | 有宗教狂热者 |
[22:41] | I want to live my life the way Christ does. | 我想像基督那样生活 |
[22:44] | Also, I hate my rich parents. | 另外,我讨厌我有钱的父母 |
[22:46] | Hey, guys, can you bring those over here? | 嘿,伙计们,能把那些东西搬过来么 |
[22:47] | There were the punks. | 有小混混 |
[22:48] | Check in, sir, and we are gonna get you to the clinic. | 这里登记,先生,我们带你去诊所 |
[22:51] | This place is hardcore. | 这里是一个极端的所在 |
[22:52] | Plus, the pay is not bad. Next. | 另外,薪水不低。下一个 |
[22:54] | There were the ex-cons. | 有金盆洗手的江湖骗子 |
[22:55] | All right, next. So this dude was gonna shoot me, right? | 好了,下一个。我问他说,这人是想朝我开枪么? |
[22:58] | So, I turned sideways,’cause that is what you do. | 我侧过身去,这是你第一时间要做的 |
[23:01] | You turn sideways,you take it in the arm. | 转过身去,你就能用胳膊挡住子弹 |
[23:03] | I flex my bicep,I take the bullet. | 我让手臂的肌肉收缩,接下了那颗子弹 |
[23:06] | And then I grabbed the gun from this guy, and I’m like bam-bam-bam-bam. | 接着我从那人手里夺过枪,接着就是砰砰砰砰 |
[23:11] | Right in his fucking head, then it’s like click-click-click. | 直接打在他的脑袋上,几枪之后就只剩扳机扣动的咔哒声 |
[23:15] | Let me tell you, I had to disappear for a while after that. | 告诉你,在那件事之后我不得不消失一段时间 |
[23:18] | All right, put your arms up. | 好啦,把手举起来 |
[23:19] | Joy was an ex-cokehead and a prostitute. | 乔伊曾是个可卡因成瘾的援交女 |
[23:21] | There you go, honey. | 给你,亲爱的 |
[23:22] | Now, she’s like a mother to the guys. | 现在她看上去就像那些人的母亲 |
[23:24] | Unfortunately, in a couple of years, | 不幸的是在接下来的几年里 |
[23:26] | she will be sitting in a room with a shotgun across her lap, | 她需要坐在一个房间里,膝盖上摆着一把猎枪 |
[23:28] | back to dealing and smoking crack 24/7. | 和毒瘾做全天候的斗争 |
[23:31] | It’s hard to stay changed. | 要保持现在这样真的很难 |
[23:35] | I start out working inside the cage handing out bed tickets, | 我开始在笼子里发床票 (注:以铁丝网分割的小工作间通常称之为cage) |
[23:38] | collecting people’s valuables and locking them up overnight. | 把住客的贵重物品收集起来,锁在一个地方过夜 |
[23:41] | It’s Friday, payday. A lot of the guests have jobs. | 今天是周五,发薪日。许多住客都有自己的工作 |
[23:44] | There is more money to slip into the envelopes. | 有更多的钱被装进信封里 |
[23:47] | Let’s go. – Hey! | 快点 – 嘿! |
[23:48] | The air is thick, stale, smells like sweat. | 不再新鲜的室内空气粘稠而腐旧,充满了汗酸的气味 |
[23:50] | Back off. | 退后 |
[23:52] | Friday, the drunks are more boisterous. | 周五,这里会迎来更多骚嚷的醉汉 |
[23:53] | Move up, old man! Why you always got to be touching me? | 往前走,老头!你为什么总要动我? |
[23:56] | Because you are standing still, that’s why. | 因为你站着不动,就是这样 |
[23:57] | Every single day, I get in line, and you’re right up my ass. | 每天我排队的时候你都跟在我屁股后面 |
[24:02] | Maybe I should help. | 也许我该上去帮忙 |
[24:03] | Yeah, maybe not.Not yet. | 嗯,也许不用。暂时不用 |
[24:07] | There is a balance between escalating and defusing. | 在事态的升级与减弱中存在某种平衡 |
[24:09] | Knowing when to step in, and when to back off. | 你需要明白什么时候该上前,什么时候该后退 |
[24:12] | Hey, buddy,calm down! | 嘿,伙计,冷静! |
[24:14] | Oh, shit. | 哦,草 |
[24:16] | I don’t know that balance yet. | 我还没有完全理解这种平衡 |
[24:17] | Well? Are you able to locate your feelings now? | 好啦,你现在能确定自己的感觉了吧? |
[24:19] | Yeah, this fucking hurts. | 是啊,疼死我了 |
[24:21] | You are going to have a good shiner. | 这个黑眼圈形状不错啊 |
[24:22] | You didn’t tell me this place was such a rush. | 你之前没跟我说过这里这么乱啊 |
[24:24] | It’s addictive. Watch out,or you will never leave. | 你会上瘾的。当心点,否则你一辈子都离不开这里了 |
[24:28] | So, how many of these people get back on their feet? | 这些人里有多少最终会回到社会上打拼呢 |
[24:31] | I couldn’t tell you. | 不好说 |
[24:32] | But what I do know is a year from now, | 但我知道的是,在过去的一年里 |
[24:34] | 100-150 of the guys who come through here would be dead. | 大约有100-150个来到这里的人最终都会死去 |
[24:38] | We catch them on the way down. Next stop, the morgue. | 我们接住那些正在倒下的人,下一站,就是太平间 |
[24:54] | Hey. Steady Ray, as ever. | 嘿,我又来了 |
[24:57] | Jonathan, how are you? | 乔纳桑,你最近怎么样 |
[24:58] | So, I thought I might stay over tonight. | 我想我得在这过夜 |
[25:01] | I find myself momentarily between places. | 我刚发现自己转悠到你这附近来了 |
[25:04] | The thing is, Claire’s mom is here. She’s staying with us. | 问题是,克莱尔的妈妈来了,她和我们住在一起 |
[25:07] | That is okay.I’ll sleep on the couch. | 没关系。我可以睡沙发上 |
[25:10] | No, that is where she’s staying. | 不行,她就睡在那里 |
[25:11] | We are renovating the guest room. | 我们的客房正在整修 |
[25:13] | Tell her to get the fuck off and let me sleep with her. | 告诉她赶紧腾个地让我和她一起睡 |
[25:16] | Is she nice? | 她人不错吧? |
[25:17] | Yeah. You met her? | 是啊,你见过她? |
[25:19] | Mother-in-law, mother-in-law | 丈母娘,丈母娘 |
[25:20] | Mother-in-law | 丈母娘 |
[25:21] | Hey, honey! | 嘿,亲爱的! |
[25:23] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[25:27] | I mean, this wasn’t because of the old | 客房翻修不是因为什么老掉牙的 |
[25:28] | burning-of-the-Christmas-tree thing, was it? | “点燃圣诞树”之类的事造成的吧? (注:圣诞节之后的一日,即主显节时,基督教有点燃圣诞树的传统习俗) |
[25:30] | No. That’s ancient history. | 不是,那只是个古代传说 |
[25:32] | Exactly, because it was really funny. You got to admit, it was. | 确实是,不过它很有意思,你得承认这点 |
[25:35] | Yeah. That was a lot of fun. | 是啊,很有意思 |
[25:38] | Sure, all right. Well, okay,give Claire de Lune my love. | 当然,帮我跟克莱尔打声招呼 |
[25:41] | And I’m going to try Dugan. | 我去杜根家看看 |
[25:44] | He is always begging me to come over | 他总求我过去他家 |
[25:45] | and provide some free entertainment for | 给他和他那倒霉老婆 |
[25:47] | him and his miserable missus. | 讲点好玩的事 |
[25:49] | Dugan moved to Florida. | 杜根搬去佛罗里达了 |
[25:50] | He did? Moved to Florida? Why the hell would he do that? | 他真搬了?到佛罗里达?为了什么? |
[25:52] | I don’t know,the weather. | 不清楚,天气的缘故吧 |
[25:53] | Oh, the weather. | 哦,天气 |
[25:55] | Okay, looks like I’m going to head to my suite at the Ritz. | 看来我得去我利兹酒店的套房睡了 (注:利兹-卡尔顿酒店,纽约的顶级酒店之一) |
[25:58] | I’m sorry. – Okay,Ray. | 真的很不好意思 – 没关系,雷 |
[26:00] | Good night.All right. Good night. | 晚安。好的,晚安 |
[26:03] | Take care. Give the lovely missus my love. | 小心点。记得帮我向可爱的夫人问好 |
[26:04] | Don’t forget to write. | 别忘了写作 |
[26:06] | Yeah, I’ll write.In jail. | 啊,我会写的。在班房里 |
[26:13] | Ray? | 雷? |
[26:14] | I’m coming. | 我来了 |
[26:32] | For the next few weeks I lived out of my cab. | 接下来的几个星期,我都睡在出租车里 |
[26:36] | Renting it 24 hours a day,seven days a week. | 我开始不间断地运营,一天24小时,一周7天 |
[26:42] | It’s a wonderful life. | 真是美妙的生活啊 |
[26:48] | You shit at the bus station, | 你在公车站拉屎 |
[26:50] | you shower at the Y. | 在基督教青年会冲澡 (注:Y=YMCA=Young Men’s Christian Association) |
[26:53] | But it’s not all fun and games. | 但生活也并非都是游戏和娱乐 |
[26:54] | Cabbies get shot in the head every night. | 每天晚上都有出租车司机被枪打穿脑袋 |
[26:57] | Bamo! Right in the jugular.Right in the fucking jugular. | 砰!正打在颈动脉上,就他妈直接打在颈动脉上 |
[26:59] | I’ll ram it down their throat and rip their insides right out. | 我会用这个砍断他们的喉咙,把他们的内脏翻出来 |
[27:11] | Hurry up! | 快点! |
[27:51] | The police said I hit someone,or some fucking thing. | 警察说我撞到了某个人,或者是别的什么操蛋东西上 |
[27:56] | What can I say to that? | 我能说什么呢? |
[28:02] | Now, I have no license,no cab, no place to sleep. | 现在我没了执照,没了车,没了睡觉的地方 |
[28:05] | Perhaps I’ll start a new book,Memoirs of a Moron! | 也许我该写本新书,叫《一个蠢蛋的回忆录》 |
[28:09] | Memoirs of a fucking moron. | 《一个傻×蠢蛋的回忆录》 |
[28:13] | Memoirs of a fucking moron. | 《一个傻×蠢蛋的回忆录》 |
[28:27] | After the cage,I work housing. | 从笼子里出来之后,我开始做杂务 |
[28:29] | It’s more intense. You are not protected behind steel mesh. | 挑战更加严峻,现在你已经离开了铁丝网的保护 |
[28:34] | Okay, grab a cup,have a good shower. | 好了,拿一个杯子,好好冲个澡 |
[28:39] | Hey, I’ll meet you in the hot room in 10 minutes. | 嘿,10分钟后我在桑拿室等你 |
[28:41] | Okay. If I’m not there, | 好的,如果我没去的话 |
[28:42] | just take your clothes off and start without me. | 你就脱掉衣服自己来 |
[28:44] | Okay. | 行 |
[28:45] | The hot room smells of superheated sweat, quick fermented. | 桑拿房里充斥的汗水味会在高温下迅速发酵 |
[29:15] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[29:16] | I need a new pair of pants. | 我需要一条新裤子 |
[29:27] | No problem. I’ll be right back. | 没问题 我马上回来 |
[29:37] | Hey, how do I know what size he wears? | 我怎么知道他穿几号? |
[29:40] | You ask him. | 你问他啊 |
[29:43] | At Harbor Street you write up every day’s events in the log, | 在港湾街,你要把每天的事件都写进日志里 |
[29:46] | and you read off your entry that night. | 等到晚上你需要把自己的记录通读一遍 |
[29:48] | He’s not gonna bite. | 他不会咬人的 |
[29:50] | I take that opportunity to practice. | 我利用这个机会练习写作 |
[29:53] | “9:10, Isaac Clegg fell out of bed, and the bed fell on him. | “9点10分,埃萨克・克雷格从床上掉了下来,翻倒的床又压在了他身上。” |
[29:58] | “The skin of a drunk splits open easily, | “醉汉的皮肤能被轻易地刮裂 |
[30:00] | “their blood flows more freely,thinned out by the booze. | “他们经由酒精稀释的血液流动起来更为自由 |
[30:04] | “The nurse is gone for the evening | “晚上,护士下了班 |
[30:06] | “and Isaac is loath to go to the hospital. | “而埃萨克不愿去医院 |
[30:08] | “I make an attempt to bandage him. “ | “我便尝试着为他包扎 |
[30:11] | I’m just gonna wrap this around you. You okay? | 我现在用这个帮你把伤口包上,你没事吧? |
[30:17] | “9:30, I was able to convince George D. | “9点30分,我终于说服了乔治D |
[30:21] | “to sit still for his monthly de-Iousing.” | “安静地坐下来接受每月一次的灭虱工作。” |
[30:23] | My beloved family, they beheaded me, their beloved Queen. | 我可爱的家人,他们把我的头砍了下来,那是众人爱戴的女王 |
[30:29] | I loved them. They were my friends. | 我爱他们,他们是我的朋友 |
[30:32] | “Lice thrive so well on George’s body | “乔治身上的虱子长势茂盛 |
[30:34] | “that they can be seen crawling over him at 20 paces.” | “我能看见它们以20步的速度在他的身上爬行 |
[30:37] | I would never hurt them. | 我不会伤害他们的 |
[30:39] | I would never kill them. | 我永远不会杀死他们 |
[30:41] | Hey, it’s okay, man.I understand, George. | 好了,没关系的,我能理解,乔治 |
[30:45] | But, I mean, they beheaded you, didn’t they? So why not? | 可是,他们都把你的头砍下来了不是么,为什么不杀了他们? |
[30:56] | This is the right decision, George. | 这是正确的选择,乔治 |
[30:58] | “Nothing in the shelter makes me understand my purpose more | “没有比杀死一个流浪汉身上的虫子, |
[31:01] | “than to kill bugs off of a homeless man’s flesh…” | “或是为他穿上捐赠的,被他人丢弃的衣服, |
[31:07] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[31:09] | Let’s get you cleaned up. | 让我帮你清理下身体 |
[31:10] | “…to dress him well in donated, cast-off clothes, | “看见他第二天在加热炉旁大笑, |
[31:14] | “and to see him the next day laughing beside a burning barrel.” | “更能使我理解自己工作的目的的事了。” |
[31:23] | Okay, Nick.Very expressive. | 好吧,尼克,非常有表现力的文字 |
[31:26] | I like the stuff about Isaac being loath to go to the hospital. | 我喜欢埃萨克不愿去医院的那段 |
[31:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:32] | How about we let the next person read their entry? | 让下一个人读吧 |
[31:40] | “10:00 p.m., fight broke out in reading area. | “晚上10点,阅读区发生了一场打斗 |
[31:44] | “10:30, Wally G. Caught smoking in bed.” | “10点半,沃利 G.在床上吸烟, 被抓住了。” |
[31:46] | Which I confiscated,by the way. | 顺便说一下,我没收了他的作案工具 |
[31:48] | Lucky number 41. | 幸运号码是,41 |
[31:50] | Hey, what are you up to after work? | 嘿,下班后你想干什么 |
[31:53] | Nothing. | 不干什么 |
[31:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:00] | I thought we were just friends. | 我觉得我们只是普通朋友 |
[32:02] | Shut up. | 把嘴闭上 |
[32:09] | What’s all this? | 这些都是什么 |
[32:12] | Just old letters. | 以前的信 |
[32:13] | Is this from your father? | 你爸写的? |
[32:16] | He was in jail? | 他以前蹲过监狱? |
[32:18] | He passed forged checks | 他用了伪造的支票 |
[32:20] | in between writing the great American novel. | 在写那部伟大的美国小说的空档里用的 |
[32:24] | Nice. | 不错 |
[32:29] | Are these all from your dad? | 这些都是你爸寄来的? |
[32:32] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:35] | There’s like a hundred letters in here. | 看起来有一百封呢 |
[32:47] | This is yours? | 这是你的? |
[32:49] | Don’t read that. | 别看那个 |
[32:51] | “Loaded, I say. | “喝醉了,我说 |
[32:53] | “Wasted, looped, lit, off my ass, befuddled, reeling, tanked, | “烂醉如泥,酩酊昏暗,东西不分,天旋地转, |
[32:58] | “punch-drunk, mean drunk,maintenance drunk, | “也许愤怒不已,恶语连篇,无比节制 |
[33:02] | “sloppy drunk, happy drunk, weepy drunk, blind drunk, dead drunk, | “抑或多愁善感,捧腹大笑,以泪洗面,黑暗一片,人事不省, |
[33:06] | “serious drinker,hard drinker.” | “酒徒,严肃者,猛者。” |
[33:11] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[33:15] | Nothing. Some poetry. It’s shit. | 没什么,一些诗,写得很烂。 |
[33:18] | “Polluted, blitzed,shattered, zonked, | “腐蚀,沉醉,破碎,恍惚 |
[33:20] | “ossified, annihilated,fossilized, | “僵直,崩倒,石化, |
[33:23] | “stinko, blotto, legless,smashed, soaked, | “痛饮,烂醉,双脚悬离地面,重重落下,浸入酒池之中 |
[33:27] | “screwed, blasted, | “烂醉,而后枯萎 |
[33:30] | “hammered, tore up, ripped up,ripped, destroyed.” | “沉没,而后分裂;分裂,而后毁灭。” |
[33:36] | Cheerful stuff. | 挺好玩的 |
[33:38] | No one will ever read it. | 没人会去读的 |
[33:40] | I just did. | 我刚才就读了 |
[33:42] | Come back to bed. | 回床上来 |
[33:47] | What will you give me if I do? | 那你是不是该来点刺激的? |
[34:13] | Dear Mr. President. | 亲爱的总统先生 |
[34:15] | The proper study of mankind is man. | 男人是研究人类的最好对象 |
[34:17] | Ortega y Gasset defined genius as the ability to invent one’s occupation. | 奥特加・伊・加塞特将天才定义为有能力为自身创造职业者 (注:奥特加・伊・加塞特,20世纪的西班牙思想家) |
[34:23] | I am a writer,a poet, a storyteller. | 我是一个作家,一个诗人,一个叙事者 |
[34:25] | The library will be closing in 10 minutes. | 图书馆将在10分钟后闭馆 |
[34:29] | The library will be closing in 10 minutes. | 图书馆将在10分钟后闭馆 |
[34:33] | If the present holds any promise of the years ahead, | 如果现在要对未来下一个定论的话,有一件事是肯定的 |
[34:36] | the United States can look forward to many generations of | 美国政府以后就得指望一帮 |
[34:38] | executives unable to spell their names correctly. | 连自己名字都拼不对的官员后代了 |
[34:41] | Yours, as ever,Jonathan R. Flynn. | 您一如既往忠实的,乔纳桑・R・弗林 |
[34:48] | Give me that. That’s my personal property, you ape. | 把它给我,这是我的私人财产,你这头猩猩 |
[34:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:02] | Tonight, I’m doing a little after-hours banking. | 今晚,我要做一次投资 |
[35:05] | I’m depositing a check for $750,000, | 我要存一张价值75万美元的支票 |
[35:09] | an advance for my novel The Button Man. | 就当做是我那本小说《纽扣人》的预支 |
[35:13] | It’s classic. | 它绝对是一流的 |
[35:16] | They’re making a movie,a movie of my life. | 他们在拍一部电影,有关我生平的电影 |
[35:19] | Excuse me? | 能再说一次么? |
[35:20] | They’re making a movie. | 他们在拍一部电影 |
[35:21] | Someone, behind the wall. | 墙后面的某个人 |
[35:23] | They are? | 是么? |
[35:24] | Who in living hell would want to make a movie about your life? | 到底有谁愿意拍一部有关你生平的电影呢? |
[35:27] | That would be one boring,redundant, piece of shit movie. | 一定是部无趣,冗长,垃圾的电影 |
[35:57] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[36:01] | You have to take it outside, dear. | 去外面喝,亲爱的 |
[36:17] | Oh, what a pleasant surprise. Thank you. | 哦,真是个惊喜,谢谢 |
[36:19] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[36:20] | Dawn of a new day. | 新一天的曙光 |
[36:21] | I like that. | 我喜欢这话 |
[36:23] | I’m going to write a poem about you, Dawn. | 我要为你写首诗,小曙光 |
[36:25] | You are too sweet. | 你可真贴心 |
[36:26] | Cheers.Cheers. | 干杯 – 干杯 |
[36:32] | Dawn. Sawn… | 黎明,锯… |
[37:51] | He’s seen this before. Bums sprawled out from drinking. | 他以前看过这样的场景:流浪者醉后四仰八叉地躺在地上 |
[37:55] | But he has never actually stood over the blowers, | 但这是他第一次确实地站在中央暖气的风箱上 |
[37:59] | let the hot air seep into his clothes. | 让升起的热气注满衣服的每个缝隙 |
[38:02] | The air is sucked out of the library. | 这些热气从图书馆里被抽出 |
[38:03] | Even on the coldest nights there is too much heat inside. | 即使是每年最冷的几个夜晚,那里的热量也能多到溢出 |
[38:08] | It’s another prison,these blowers. | 这些风箱好比成排异色的牢房 |
[38:10] | Because once you have landed,you can’t leave. | 一旦落脚,便无法离去 |
[38:13] | Because one step off the blower is cold, hypothermia cold, | 只要从牢房中踏出一步,等待你的就是严寒,刺骨的严寒 |
[38:17] | now that you are sodden with steam. | 现在你已然被蒸汽包围 |
[38:19] | The blower is a room of heat with no walls. | 风箱就像一个充盈着热气却没有墙壁的房间 |
[38:26] | My father is an invisible man, in an invisible room, | 父亲就像一个无形的人,身处一处无形的房间 |
[38:30] | in the invisible city. | 隐没在这座无形的城市里 |
[38:41] | Whoo! | 呼! |
[38:51] | I really appreciate the help, sir. | 很感谢你的帮助,先生 |
[38:53] | Call me Carlos. – Okay. Carlos. | 叫我卡洛斯就好了 – 好吧,卡洛斯 |
[38:55] | So, Jerry, how many nights have you been homeless? | 那么,杰瑞,你已经无家可归几个晚上了? |
[38:58] | Just one night. One bad night with the wife, boy. | 就一晚,我是和老婆大人吵架了,小子 |
[39:00] | That is all it takes,one bad night. | 就一个晚上,糟糕的晚上 |
[39:01] | You got that right. | 正解 |
[39:03] | What is up, Nick? | 什么事啊? |
[39:04] | For the new guys,no bottles or weapons, okay? | 告诉新来的,别喝酒也别带武器 |
[39:08] | All right, you’re good. | 好的 |
[39:10] | Stretch your arms out for me, sir. Please? Thank you. | 先生,能请你把手臂张开么?谢谢 |
[39:15] | All right.Step up. | 好了,过来 |
[39:25] | I’d like a room for the evening. | 我想要房间过夜 |
[39:28] | You want a bed? | 一张床? |
[39:30] | That’ll do for now. | 可以 |
[39:33] | Well, this is a pleasant surprise. | 哦,这还真是个惊喜 |
[39:35] | So, you’re employed here now? | 你现在在这里上班? |
[39:37] | Yes, I’m employed here. | 嗯,我在这里上班 |
[39:40] | Well, I approve. We are put on this Earth to help other people. | 我赞同你的做法,我们存在世间的意义就是帮助他人 |
[39:45] | You must be gathering some excellent material. | 你是在收集素材呢吧 |
[39:47] | Hey. You giving out tickets, or what? | 嘿,你是在发床票还是干嘛呢? |
[39:57] | Many thanks. | 十分感谢 |
[39:59] | And if a private room does open up, I’d be grateful. | 如果能有个单人间的话就更好了 |
[40:14] | Hey, what’s up? | 嘿,怎么回事 |
[40:15] | My father is here. | 我爸来了 |
[40:17] | What? – My father, he’s here. | 什么? – 我爸,他来了 |
[40:19] | He’s staying here,he is a guest tonight. | 他今晚是这儿的住客 |
[40:21] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[40:22] | Oh, shit. | 哦,该死的 |
[40:24] | Your dad is sleeping here.Your own father. | 你爸在这儿过夜 |
[40:26] | Nick, man, you are the unluckiest guy I know. | 尼克,你是我认识的最走霉运的人了 |
[40:29] | Thanks, Carlos. Just keep it to yourself, man. Please? | 谢谢,卡洛斯,别告诉别人成不? |
[40:31] | No worries. | 没问题 |
[40:48] | Hey, Nick. You feel like going home tonight? | 嘿,尼克,你今晚打算回家么 |
[40:50] | No. Why? | 不,怎么了? |
[40:53] | Because your father is here. | 因为你爸来了啊 |
[40:56] | So you heard about that. | 你也听说了啊 |
[40:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:58] | Who else knows? | 还有谁知道了? |
[41:00] | We are with you, man. | 我们都知道了 |
[41:01] | Fucking Carlos. | 卡洛斯这操蛋的 |
[41:03] | Maybe you could take the night off. You know, I can get a fill-in. | 你今晚可以请假啊,我能顶你的班 |
[41:06] | No. | 不用 |
[41:08] | It’s my job.I work here. | 这是我的工作 |
[41:28] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[41:29] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[41:44] | Bottom bunk. | 底铺 |
[42:17] | Nicholas. | 尼古拉斯 |
[42:35] | Interesting view. | 这儿的景色真有意思 |
[42:39] | I thought you were staying at a friend’s place? | 我以为你都睡在朋友家 |
[42:41] | A couple of things fell through. | 呃,这中间发生了很多事 |
[42:43] | I was bunking in my cab for a while, | 我在我的出租车里睡了几个晚上 |
[42:45] | but that is no longer possible. | 但是现在不行了 |
[42:47] | So I have been sleeping alfresco. | 所以我直接打地铺了 |
[42:49] | Alfresco? You mean outside? For how long? | 打地铺?你睡在大街上?多久了? |
[42:55] | Three weeks or so. | 三个礼拜左右 |
[42:58] | Don’t look so grave. This is a great opportunity for me. | 表情别那么沉重嘛,这对我来说可是个好机会 |
[43:02] | What opportunity? | 什么好机会 |
[43:04] | The opportunity to freeze to death? | 被冻死的好机会? |
[43:06] | The opportunity to see how the other half lives. | 看看纽约的另一半人民是怎么过活的好机会 |
[43:09] | The poor, the downtrodden. | 穷人,被压迫者 |
[43:11] | I’m doing the same thing here as you are, gathering material. | 我在做和你一样的事,收集素材 |
[43:14] | No, I’m not gathering material. This is my life. | 我不是在收集素材,这就是我的生活 |
[43:18] | Life is gathering material. | 生活就是收集素材 |
[43:21] | I like that. Help me remember that. | 哦,这个句子不错,帮我记着 |
[43:26] | They won’t even let me bring a goddamned pen up here. | 他们连支该死的笔都不让我带进来 |
[43:28] | Can’t you do anything about that? | 你不能帮我做点什么么? |
[43:29] | No. Don’t you have any clout around here? | 不能 – 你在这不能施加半点影响么? |
[43:32] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[43:33] | Well, anyway, my writing is going extremely well, by the by. | 顺便说一下,我的写作进展非常完美 |
[43:38] | I’m already almost done with my revisions to Chapter 37. | 我差不多已经修改完第37章了 |
[43:42] | Perhaps I’ll let you read it someday. It’s classic. | 也许哪天我会给你看看,真是一流的小说 |
[43:45] | Okay, look, you can’t stay here. Why not? | 好啦,你不能永远呆在这 – 为什么? |
[43:47] | Because I work here. | 因为我在这工作 |
[43:50] | Well, don’t worry. This is only a very temporary situation. | 别担心啊,这情况只是暂时的 |
[43:53] | I don’t want to disrupt your life in the least. | 我没有半点打扰你生活的意思 |
[43:55] | I have a friend of mine who’s begging me to move down to Florida. | 我一个朋友都求我搬去佛罗里达了 |
[43:57] | He has a guest house and a job there for me. | 他在那为我准备了一间客房和差事 |
[43:59] | Okay. Florida,that sounds great. | 好吧,佛罗里达,听起来不错啊 |
[44:03] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[44:04] | this is an excellent opportunity for | 这也是一个绝佳的 |
[44:06] | you and I to make up for lost time. | 让你我弥补失去的父子时间的机会 |
[44:08] | Destiny has brought us together for one fleeting moment. | 命运赏赐给我们一段短暂共处的时光 |
[44:12] | Let us not spit in its eye. | 请别坏了它的好意 |
[44:24] | Thank you again, man. | 谢谢惠顾啊老兄 |
[44:25] | And you know, let me know if that shit don’t work out. | 如果不够劲的话再来找我 |
[44:27] | Let me know, all right? | 记得啊 |
[44:28] | Okay.We’ll see you. | 好,再见 |
[44:29] | All right. | 嗯 |
[44:33] | I mean, you could ask him to stay here for a few days. | 你可以叫他来这住几天啊 |
[44:35] | No, he can’t. | 不行 |
[44:37] | I don’t even know if the Florida thing is real. | 我甚至不知道佛罗里达那码事是不是真的 |
[44:39] | I hope so,for your sake. | 从为你着想的角度来说,希望是吧 |
[44:43] | Just weed, right? | 只卖大麻? |
[44:45] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[44:46] | You’re only selling weed, right? | 你只做大麻生意吧 |
[44:48] | Yeah, just weed. | 是啊,只有大麻 |
[44:49] | I’m just saying,he’s your father. | 我只是说说,他说到底还是你爸啊 |
[44:52] | Uh… | 呃 |
[44:53] | I’ve had father figures. | 我脑子里有好几个老爸的形象 |
[44:56] | All right, Nick! Keep your eye on the ball. | 好啦,尼克,眼睛看球 |
[44:59] | They were all burned up. | 他们都死翘翘了 |
[45:03] | It’s amazing what can happen to the human body, Nick. | 有时候能发生在人身上的事都神奇得很啊,尼克 |
[45:07] | Hey! What the hell are you showing him? | 喂,你在给他看什么东西? |
[45:09] | Hey, sweetie.What the fuck, Travis? | 嘿,甜心 – 特拉维斯,这他妈的是什么? |
[45:11] | Pick that up! Come on,I want to talk to you. | 收起来!快点,我得和你谈谈 |
[45:23] | I thought he was a little young to be driving a car. | 我想他要开车年纪还小了点 |
[45:25] | You could have killed yourself. Get inside! | 你会弄死你自己的,进屋去! |
[45:29] | Thank you very much. | 真的非常感谢 |
[45:31] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[45:33] | Have a good day.You, too. | 祝您愉快 – 你也是 |
[45:38] | My mom had a lot of different boyfriends, growing up. | 我妈有过非常多男友,越来越多 |
[45:41] | Come on, buddy.Good job. | 快点,伙计 – 漂亮 |
[46:07] | But I never had a father. | 但我从没有过一个真正的父亲 |
[46:14] | Luckily, I had a mother. | 幸运的是,我还有她 |
[46:15] | Hey, who you playing ball with? | 嘿,你在和谁玩呢 |
[46:19] | Nobody. Myself. | 没人,就我一个 |
[46:22] | Get your mitt. | 陪我玩嘛 |
[46:24] | Honey, I’m exhausted. | 亲爱的,我快累死了 |
[46:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[46:31] | All right. | 算啦 |
[46:34] | Let me get my mitt.Heads up! | 我拿手套去,抬头! |
[46:36] | Good one. Thanks. | 漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[46:37] | I’ll be right back. – Okay. | 马上回来 – 好 |
[46:56] | You are not listening to me. I’m listening. | 你没在听我说话 – 我在听 |
[46:58] | He stole $30 from me! | 他偷了我30美元! |
[47:00] | I understand that.Hey, Nick! | 我知道 – 嘿,尼克 |
[47:02] | Jonathan asked me to give this letter to you, man. | 乔纳桑叫我把这封信给你 |
[47:04] | So he’s some kind of famous writer? | 所以他算是个名作家? |
[47:06] | Yeah, that’s why he’s staying at Harbor Street. | 是啊,所以他才跑到港湾街来的 |
[47:10] | Dear Nick, many deep thanks for your warm welcome. | 亲爱的尼克,我由衷感谢你的热情接待 |
[47:14] | I must say you seemed anxious. | 你看上去有些焦虑 |
[47:16] | Of course, writers,especially poets, | 当然了对于一个作家,特别是诗人来说 |
[47:18] | are particularly prone to madness. | 疯狂是一种极易出现的倾向 |
[47:20] | Hey, babe. | 嘿,宝贝 |
[47:22] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[47:24] | There exists a striking association | 在创造的灵感与躁郁的消沉之间 |
[47:26] | between creativity and manic depression. | 存在某种惊人的联系 |
[47:29] | The only important thing,though, is to simply do the work. | 尽管如此,最重要的还是着手去做 |
[47:35] | It’s not a sharp pain, it’s a dull pain. I haven’t eaten in two days. | 不是阵阵的刺痛,是持续的钝痛,我已经两天没吃饭了 |
[47:46] | Hey, straight through the back, down the stairs. | 穿过后面,下楼 |
[48:02] | Most of these guys here are | 这里的大部分都是 |
[48:04] | a bunch of fucking deadbeat panhandlers and pederasts. | 一群游手好闲的乞丐和鸡奸犯 |
[48:07] | These perverts, they wouldn’t last a second in federal prison. | 那些好色之徒,他们要是进了联邦监狱,一定熬不过半天 |
[48:09] | They are all homosexuals. I despise homosexuals, and they despise me. | 他们都是同性恋,我看到同性恋就恶心,他们看到我也会恶心 |
[48:14] | I know what I’m talking about.I talk the straight talk. | 我知道我在说什么,我讲话很直接 |
[48:16] | I was locked up in federal prison with choirboys, | 我曾经和唱诗班的小孩一起被关在联邦监狱里 |
[48:18] | that’s for sure. Next, please. | 千真万确 – 下一个 |
[48:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:37] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[48:38] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[48:40] | See this? Uh-huh. | 看见没? – 嗯哼 |
[48:42] | Don’t ever become a writer. | 绝对不要当什么作家 |
[49:19] | Just around the corner to the right, follow the hallway. | 前面转角向右,沿着过道走下去 |
[49:21] | You know where to go. | 你就能看到了 |
[49:22] | Jesus. Hey, what happened to you? | 老天啊,你这是怎么了 |
[49:23] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[49:24] | You’re fine? You should get to the clinic. | 你没事?你得去医务室 |
[49:26] | You should see the other cocksuckers. This is nothing. | 你去管其他白痴吧,我没事 |
[49:29] | By the way, I have a little gift for you. | 顺便,有个礼物给你 |
[49:32] | From one writer to another. | 我以作家的身份把它传给你 |
[50:03] | Is there a tailor here? | 这儿有裁缝么 |
[50:05] | No. | 没有 |
[50:07] | I’m going to need a new coat. | 我想我需要一件新的外套 |
[50:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[50:23] | All right, so I won’t be there. | 好吧,那我就不去了 |
[50:25] | But I’ll get there next time, okay? | 下次吧,可以么? |
[50:28] | All right. | 好 |
[50:29] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[50:32] | You are not just selling weed, right? | 你不只是做大麻生意吧? |
[50:41] | Watch your hands.Watch your hands. | 小心手,小心手 |
[50:43] | Why should a truly great writer | 为什么一个真正伟大的作家 |
[50:45] | be subjected to these fucking indignities? | 要接受这种无礼的对待 |
[50:52] | There we go. | 这玩意 |
[50:55] | What are you doing? That’s my property. | 你干什么?这是我的东西 |
[50:56] | Come on,get out of here. | 快点,从这出去 |
[50:57] | That’s my property.That’s my property. | 这是我的,我的 |
[50:59] | Fucking homo. | 操你妈的死基佬 |
[51:00] | Calm down.Calm down, now. | 冷静点,冷静点 |
[51:01] | I’m going to transform this cesspool of a world. | 我要改变这个污秽的世界 |
[51:04] | I’m going to transform it with a fucking word! | 我只要用一个词就能改变这个世界! |
[51:11] | You know, he is not going anywhere. | 他哪都没去 |
[51:13] | It’s been weeks. | 已经好几个礼拜了 |
[51:17] | What do you suggest I do about it? | 你觉得我该怎么办 |
[51:20] | Get a job somewhere else? | 换个地方工作? |
[51:27] | Hey, | 嘿 |
[51:29] | you want to do some blow? | 你想吸点粉么? |
[51:31] | Um… | 嗯.. |
[51:33] | I despise blow. | 我不喜欢 |
[51:35] | Turns people into fucking scumbags. | 吸粉的人最后都成了人渣 |
[51:39] | But you go ahead if you want to. | 如果你想吸就吸吧 |
[51:43] | 12:30, Floyd Perkins reports physical altercation. | 12点30分,弗洛伊德・铂金斯报告有口角发生 |
[51:46] | Report completed. | 完毕 |
[51:47] | 2:00 a.m., shift change. Brian gets permission to sign out. | 凌晨2点,换班时间,布莱恩离岗 |
[51:51] | 7:00 p.m., Jon Flynn was caught | 晚上7点,乔纳桑・弗林 |
[51:53] | trying to smuggle a bottle in tonight. | 企图偷带烈酒进入,被发现 |
[51:55] | At first he was abusive, but he calmed down and was given a warning. | 起初他情绪激动,后来被警告后情绪有所平复 |
[51:58] | He wasn’t put out for the night? | 他没进来? |
[52:02] | It’s cold out there, man. | 外面可是很冷啊 |
[52:04] | He asked me to give a letter to you. | 他叫我给你这封信 |
[52:14] | Nick, | 尼克, |
[52:16] | I thought last evening at Harbor Street, | 我在港湾街沉思了一晚 |
[52:18] | waiting for 8:00 p.m. to come… | 等待早晨8时的到来 |
[52:20] | I thought if your very beautiful mother were alive, | 如果你那美丽的母亲还活着 |
[52:23] | and if she could somehow see this scene, | 如果她能看到这幅场景 |
[52:26] | her son at work and his father a resident | 他的儿子在港湾街收容所工作 |
[52:28] | at Harbor Street shelter for the homeless. | 而他的父亲是那里的住客 |
[52:34] | The beaten, the sad, the losers in life’s great game. | 和那些醉汉,乞丐,以及被生活这场巨大的游戏所打败的人比肩而坐 |
[52:38] | Jody would have laughed loudly at the entire macabre scene. | 这幅可怕的场景想必会使朱迪忍俊不禁 |
[52:49] | She was the most beautiful woman in the world. | 她真是世界上最美的女人 |
[52:58] | She was the love of my life. | 他是我命中挚爱 |
[53:02] | The light of my love. | 爱情之光 |
[53:06] | If she were here today, she would be with me now. | 如果她现在还活着,她会陪着我的 |
[53:13] | What happened | 这是… |
[53:17] | to my face? | 我的脸怎么了 |
[53:20] | I’m only 28 years old. | 我才刚刚28岁啊 |
[53:24] | Why do I look like this? | 为什么我变成了这样 |
[53:26] | Excuse me? What happened to me? | 不好意思 – 我这是怎么了? |
[53:27] | What happened! What have you done to me? | 怎么回事!你们对我做了什么? |
[53:30] | What have you done to me? | 你们对我做了什么? |
[53:31] | He kept shouting at me that he was 28 years old, | 他一直朝我大叫,说他只有28岁 |
[53:35] | and it just… It kind of freaked me out, and I just… | 真的是…我有点被吓到了…我… |
[53:39] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[53:42] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[53:43] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[53:44] | Don’t be sorry. Sorry for what? | 别这么说,不好意思什么 |
[53:48] | That it freaked you out? | 就因为那吓到你了? |
[53:50] | It’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[53:52] | Wait until you have been here a few months. | 等你在这里呆几个月你就知道了 |
[53:53] | Easy, Nick.Take it easy. | 放松点,尼克,放轻松 |
[53:55] | I am taking it easy. | 我很放松 |
[53:58] | This isn’t me we are talking about. | 又不是在说我 |
[54:01] | No, it’s not. | 当然不是 |
[54:06] | Go ahead. | 继续吧 |
[54:09] | 11:15, tables and chairs put away in the gym from overflow. | 11点15分,桌椅被收进健身房 |
[54:33] | Did you read my last letter? | 你看了我之前那封信么 |
[54:37] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[54:40] | Beautifully written,wasn’t it? | 写得很美吧? |
[54:43] | Don’t write to me about my fucking mother. | 别写信跟我说我那该死的老妈的事 |
[54:45] | Your fucking mother? | 你那该死的老妈? |
[54:48] | Your fucking mother? How dare you refer to her that way. | 该死的老妈?你怎么敢这样称呼她? |
[54:51] | How dare you say,”How dare you,” to me. | 你又有什么资格对我说“你怎么敢”这种话 |
[54:54] | Well, let me rephrase it. Don’t fucking write to me about my mother. | 好吧,我换个说法,别他妈写信跟我说我妈的事 |
[54:57] | It only makes you sound childish using profanity like that. | 你说出这样不敬的话只会使你显得不成熟 |
[55:01] | Sorry, you don’t get to patronize me. Okay? | 别在我面前摆出一副屈尊俯就的样子成么? |
[55:04] | You don’t get to pretend to be my father | 你不需要假装是我的父亲 |
[55:06] | and you don’t get to write about my mother. | 你也没必要写信说我妈的事 |
[55:08] | In fact, stop writing me at all. | 事实上,我想说的是,你别给我写信了 |
[55:10] | Stop writing me letters. | 别给我写了 |
[55:12] | You should save them. | 你应该把那些信收好 |
[55:13] | They’ll be won’th money someday. | 总有一天它们会变得值钱 |
[55:15] | I have saved them,actually. | 我收了 |
[55:17] | I have over 100.That’s enough. | 我已经有超过100封了,够了 |
[55:19] | You saved them. Good. | 你有把它们收好啊,不错 |
[55:22] | You bring liquor in here again,you are barred. End of story. | 如果你再带酒进来,你就永远别想在这睡觉了,你就玩完了 |
[55:26] | Eano the Beano tells me you are into drugs. | 有人告诉我你吸毒了 |
[55:28] | Who the fuck is Eano the Beano? How would he know that? | 谁啊?他怎么知道的? |
[55:31] | Everybody knows,the word is out. | 大家都知道了,消息已经传开了 |
[55:34] | You know, if so,good luck to you. | 如果是真的,祝你好运 |
[55:36] | But don’t waste your talent. | 别浪费了你的才能 |
[55:37] | I don’t have any talent. | 我没有什么才能 |
[55:39] | I find that hard to believe. | 这可真是难以置信 |
[55:41] | Why? Because you’re so incredibly talented? | 为什么?因为你是如此难以置信地有才? |
[55:43] | Yes. | 当然 |
[55:44] | Okay, so where is it? | 好吧,那你的“才”呢 |
[55:46] | The masterpiece. | 那本杰作 |
[55:49] | Where are you hiding it? | 你把它藏哪了? |
[55:52] | Can I read it? Does it even exist? | 我能读读它么?它真的存在么? |
[55:53] | Do you exist,Nicholas Flynn? | 你是存在的么,尼可拉斯・弗林? |
[55:55] | Do you even know? | 你自己清楚么? |
[55:56] | I, Jonathan Flynn, exist! I know that much. | 我,乔纳桑・弗林,是确实存在的!我清楚地知道 |
[55:59] | Jonathan Flynn exists! | 乔纳桑・弗林!是一个实在! |
[56:01] | Shut the fuck up! | 她妈的闭嘴! |
[56:02] | You shut the fuck up, | 你他妈的才给我闭嘴 |
[56:04] | or my son will evict you! | 不然我儿子就把你撵出去! |
[56:07] | I want you to leave here. | 你能不能别住这里了 |
[56:09] | Find some fucking place, | 快她妈去找一个 |
[56:11] | some old drinking buddy who is suicidal enough to take you in. | 想要自虐的人收容你吧 |
[56:14] | I’m a sought-after house guest. | 可是有一堆人求我去他们家呢 |
[56:16] | Yeah, because you’re an excellent raconteur. Right? | 当然啦,因为你是个极好的说书人,对不对? |
[56:18] | Yes! Good night! | 当然! 晚安! |
[56:20] | Remember something, Nicholas. | 记住,尼古拉斯 |
[56:21] | You are me! | 你就是我! |
[56:23] | You are me! I made you! | 你就是我!我生了你! |
[56:26] | You are me! | 你就是我! |
[56:27] | I am not you! I am not you! | 我不是你! 不是! |
[56:30] | Yes, you are! Go to Florida! | 你就是! – 滚去佛罗里达吧! |
[56:32] | You are me! | 你!就!是!我! |
[56:35] | Shut the fuck up! Everybody, shut the fuck up! | 他妈的安静地,每个人都给我安静点 |
[56:39] | Night. | 晚安 |
[56:42] | I asked to fill in on the outreach van. | 我换到了运输部工作 |
[56:44] | I can’t stand to be in the shelter | 我已经无法忍受收容所里的混乱 |
[56:46] | where my drunken jack-in-the-box can appear at any moment. | 在那里,我家那位小丑随时都可能出现在我面前 |
[56:49] | Hey, you are the guy whose father is a guest here, aren’t you? | 嘿,你就是那个老爹在我们收容所里的老兄吧 |
[56:52] | No. That guy is just a drunk. | 不是,那人只是个醉鬼而已 |
[56:54] | A con man, he has nothing to do with me. | 一个江湖骗子,和我没有半点关系 |
[56:57] | Yeah. No, of course not. | 当然啦,当然 |
[57:00] | Okay, we’re ready. | 好了,我们这准备完成 |
[57:01] | Yeah. Okay. | 好 |
[57:02] | The hours are 9:00 at night until 5:00 in the morning. | 工作时间是晚上9点到清晨5点 |
[57:06] | Hi, I got a sandwich for you. | 嗨,这个三明治给你 |
[57:09] | Hey, excuse me,sir, sorry to wake you. | 不好意思吵醒您了 |
[57:13] | I got a sandwich here. | 这里有三明治 |
[57:17] | You want to get inside? | 想要进来么? |
[57:28] | “Jonathan Flynn responded to a guest’s request that he share a can of deodorant | “乔纳桑・弗林对一个要从他手上拿除臭剂的人 |
[57:31] | “with an intense verbal assault towards | 发起了强烈的言语攻击 |
[57:33] | “the other guest on racial and sexual themes. | “内容涉及种族主义和生殖器等等 |
[57:36] | “Mr. Flynn would not respond to intervention. | “他无视工作人员的调停 |
[57:39] | “In fact, he accelerated his verbal assault. “ | “事实上,他的言语暴力因此而升级了 |
[57:42] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[57:44] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[57:46] | Jonathan’s a little out of control tonight. | 乔纳桑今晚有点失控了 |
[57:51] | “The SPO, Chris, Gabriel, and Brian, | “由于他拒绝穿上衣服, |
[57:54] | “escorted Mr. Flynn to the brown lobby wrapped in a sheet, | “SPO小组:克里斯,加布瑞尔和布莱恩, |
[57:58] | “as he had refused to dress himself. “ | “在他身上裹了被单,把他送到了大厅里。” |
[58:00] | …my vision, The Confessions of Christopher Cobb. | …在我看来,《克里斯托弗・柯布的自白书》 |
[58:04] | My father rants… “In the beginning was the Word.” | 父亲咆哮着…“最开始便是这样赫然的文字” |
[58:05] | Salinger, Twain… | 塞林格,马克・吐温 |
[58:06] | … piss on the floor unnoticed…Jonathan Robinson Flynn. | … 他不知道自己尿在了地上 …“乔纳桑・罗宾森・弗林” |
[58:10] | I was brought into this world to help other people. | 我存在世间的意义就是去帮助他人 |
[58:12] | Ignored. | 对我的出现不予理会 |
[58:13] | I was brought into this world to write my masterpiece, and it’s written! | 我存在世间的意义便是完成我的杰作,现在它已经完成了! |
[58:17] | We all need to create the story | 在漫长的人生里 |
[58:19] | that will make sense of our lives. | 我们都要写下一部有意义的故事 |
[58:20] | I stood behind the priest and held his robe… | 我站在神父后面,手握他的法袍 |
[58:22] | Make sense of our daily tasks. | 对我们的每日生活存有意义的故事 |
[58:23] | …as he put the host on each tongue. | …看着他将圣餐递上每一人的舌尖 |
[58:25] | All the little girls lined up.Their tongues out. | 那些小女孩们排成一列,伸出他们的舌头 |
[58:26] | Yet each night, the doubts return, howling through him. | 尽管每天夜里,那些本已驱散的疑虑会再度归来,在他的身体里悲号 |
[58:30] | Suck-o my cock-o! | 含着!我的!鸡巴! |
[58:33] | You! You! Where is your faith? | 你!你!你的信仰在哪里? |
[58:36] | Where is your faith? Without faith you are nothing! | 你的信仰在哪里?无信仰者于世皆为尘埃! |
[58:39] | You are nothing! | 皆为尘埃! |
[58:43] | Nothing! | 尘埃! |
[58:45] | Nothing! | 尘埃! |
[58:47] | You are nothing! | 皆为尘埃! |
[59:12] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[59:14] | I’m heading out. | 我要走了 |
[59:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[59:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[59:20] | Because you are drunk and I have to work tomorrow. | 你喝醉了,我明天还得上班 |
[59:23] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[59:24] | I’m not drunk. | 我没醉 |
[59:26] | You’re not going to stay over? | 不打算通宵了? |
[59:27] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[59:29] | I think, | 我觉得 |
[59:32] | after what happened today,maybe you shouldn’t be drinking. | 今天发生了这种事,你怎么还有心情喝酒 |
[59:36] | What happened today? | 什么事? |
[59:38] | The vote. | 投票的事 |
[59:40] | Jon has created problems in housing. | 你爸已经惹出了一堆乱子 |
[59:44] | He is not getting any better. | 他一点正常的迹象都没有 |
[59:46] | He is only getting worse. | 一天比一天更糟 |
[59:48] | I think it’s time that we vote on whether to bar him. | 我觉得我们该投票表决是不是该禁止他出入收容所了 |
[59:51] | I’m sorry, I don’t think we should bar Jonathan. | 抱歉,我觉得我们不该对他下禁令 |
[59:53] | I agree. | 同意 |
[59:58] | We will vote on it. | 我们投票决定 |
[1:00:00] | Well, what day isn’t fucked up? | 有哪天不是糟糕的呢? |
[1:00:03] | Right? | 不是么? |
[1:00:09] | Do you want to get out of here? | 想出去么? |
[1:00:12] | Sleep at my place? | 来我那睡? |
[1:00:21] | Uh, no. | 呃,不 |
[1:00:25] | You go ahead.I will see you tomorrow. | 你走吧,明天见 |
[1:00:28] | Okay? All right. | 好吧 |
[1:00:33] | Who votes to let Jonathan continue to stay here? | 有谁赞成乔纳桑继续呆在这里的? |
[1:00:40] | It’s freezing outside. We can’t just put him out there. | 外面会冻死人的,我们不能赶他出去 |
[1:00:47] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[1:00:58] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:00:59] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[1:01:02] | I think you need to get some help. | 我觉得你需要人帮忙 |
[1:01:05] | What? | 什么? |
[1:01:08] | You need some help. | 你需要人帮忙 |
[1:01:20] | Need help? | 要帮忙么? |
[1:01:21] | What? Need help? | 什么?帮什么忙? |
[1:01:24] | Nah, it wasn’t your friends who trashed the place. | 算了,又不是你的朋友把垃圾扔得到处都是 |
[1:01:26] | Have you seen my notebook? | 看到我的笔记本了么? |
[1:01:28] | No. – Fuck. | 没有 – 该死的 |
[1:01:30] | I got to hand in an assignment. | 我要拿来交作业的 |
[1:01:31] | Will you let me know if you find it? | 找到了跟我说一声可以么? |
[1:01:33] | If it were up your ass… | 如果它就在你屁股上… (注:同前一个,意为“不关我事) |
[1:01:34] | I’d know where it was. | 我就肯定知道它在哪了 |
[1:02:14] | Can I have a hit? | 能尝一口么? |
[1:02:15] | Smoke crack before? No. | 之前吸过强可卡因么?没有 |
[1:02:17] | Don’t. I haven’t left the pipe for three days. | 那最好别试,我已经连吸三天了 |
[1:02:59] | Nick, I read your short story. | 尼克,我读了你的短篇 |
[1:03:03] | I’m sorry I read it, I don’t mean to intrude on your privacy. | 我不是故意要看的,没有侵犯你隐私的意思 |
[1:03:10] | I have to tell you, you have always been so perceptive, | 但我要说一件事,你从小时候开始 |
[1:03:17] | since you were a child. | 就有敏锐的感知力 |
[1:03:20] | Mom? | 妈? |
[1:03:22] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[1:03:24] | Do you miss him? -What? | 你想他了? 什么? |
[1:03:27] | No. Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[1:03:30] | The only person I give a damn about is sitting right here. | 我在乎的唯一一个人就坐在我面前呢 |
[1:03:32] | So then why are you crying? | 那你为什么哭了? |
[1:03:35] | I’m not. | 没有 |
[1:03:37] | I’m not crying. | 我没哭 |
[1:03:40] | Are you going to finish that? | 你不吃了么? |
[1:03:42] | This? | 这个? |
[1:03:44] | Um… | 嗯… |
[1:03:47] | This ice cream? | 这个冰淇淋? |
[1:03:49] | Am I going to eat it? | 你问我还要吃么? |
[1:03:53] | No. | 不吃了 |
[1:03:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:04:18] | I went to the beach, | 我去了海滩 |
[1:04:22] | but I was unable to throw myself in the ocean. | 但我没法把自己扔进海里 |
[1:04:32] | I did the best I could. | 我尽了最大的努力 |
[1:04:34] | I tried to hold it all together. | 我试着把它们拼凑到一起 |
[1:04:40] | I love you | 我爱你 |
[1:04:42] | and I love my dad. | 我也爱他 |
[1:06:09] | Come on, you’re good. | 好了,可以了 |
[1:06:09] | Right up the steps. | 上楼 |
[1:06:13] | All right, Jonathan, you can’t come in here. You have been banned. | 好啦,乔纳桑,你不能进来,你被禁止入内了 |
[1:06:16] | I’ve been banned? Yes, for two months. | 我被禁了? 对,两个月 |
[1:06:18] | Who banned me? | 谁干的 |
[1:06:19] | It doesn’t matter,you have been banned. | 这不重要,总之你被禁了 |
[1:06:20] | I have been banned? | 我被禁了? |
[1:06:21] | Yes, you have been banned. | 没错 |
[1:06:22] | Does my son know about this? | 我儿子知道这事么? |
[1:06:24] | Yes, he knows about it. | 当然,他知道 |
[1:06:25] | Where is he? It doesn’t matter, you have to go. | 他在哪?这不重要,请你离开 |
[1:06:27] | Father murderer, where are you? I need you to leave. | 不孝子,你在哪? 请你离开这里 |
[1:06:29] | Nicholas! Where are you? Come on. | 尼古拉斯!你在哪?快点 |
[1:06:31] | Father murderer! | 不孝子! |
[1:06:32] | Father murderer! Where are you? | 不孝子!你丫人呢? |
[1:06:35] | Come on, guys, clear out. Come out! | 快点,伙计们,散开。 – 出来! |
[1:06:37] | Come out and face me! | 出来面对我啊! |
[1:06:38] | What are you doing? What are you doing? Father murderer! | 你在干什么呢?你干什么呢?不孝子! |
[1:06:41] | Jonathan.Come out! Come out! | 乔纳桑! – 出来!出来! |
[1:06:43] | Where are you hiding? In some little closet, | 你藏在哪了,是不是躲在衣柜里 |
[1:06:44] | sucking your mama’s tit,father murderer? | 吸你妈妈的奶呢不孝子?! |
[1:06:46] | I could have jerked…I could have jerked off | 我当时就该把你 |
[1:06:48] | and flushed you down the toilet. | 射进厕所里用水冲走了! |
[1:06:50] | Father murderer, come out and face me! | 不孝子!出来和我对质! |
[1:06:51] | Outside! | 出去! |
[1:06:52] | Face me,you father murderer! | 出来啊你这个不孝子! |
[1:06:55] | Face me! | 出来! |
[1:06:56] | Out the door, man! | 出去! |
[1:07:14] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:07:17] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:07:18] | Look, Nick. | 尼克 |
[1:07:20] | We’re done. | 我们之间结束了 |
[1:07:22] | Excuse me? We’re done. | 什么?- 我们之间完了 |
[1:07:24] | You look really fucked up, by the way. | 顺便说一下,你看起来脸色很差 |
[1:07:26] | I wouldn’t let Captain see you like that. | 不能让队长看见你这个样子 |
[1:07:29] | Wait. Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[1:07:30] | Wait, don’t just say that and walk away. | 等下,你不能就这样走了 |
[1:07:32] | Talk to me. | 我们得谈谈 |
[1:07:38] | I had a brother who was an addict, | 我的弟弟也是个瘾君子 |
[1:07:43] | my baby brother. | 亲弟弟 |
[1:07:45] | You never told me that. | 你之前没跟我说过 |
[1:07:49] | So, I can’t be around it. | 所以我没法再接受另一个这样的人 |
[1:07:52] | Not again. | 绝对不要 |
[1:07:53] | Look, I’m not… | 我不是… |
[1:07:56] | You’re not? | 你不是? |
[1:07:58] | You’re not what? | 你不是什么? |
[1:07:59] | Not my father. | 我和我爸不一样 |
[1:08:08] | Do you think I’m my father? | 你觉得我们一样么? |
[1:08:10] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎这个 |
[1:08:19] | I have to go to work. | 我要去工作了 |
[1:08:24] | Hey, so is your brother okay now? | 你的弟弟现在好了么? |
[1:08:28] | Bye, Nick. | 再见,尼克 |
[1:08:35] | If there is one thing I can’t stomach, it’s self-pity. | 这世上只有一件事我不能容忍,那就是自艾自怜者 |
[1:08:41] | You, | 那个 |
[1:08:44] | and you over there. | 还有那边那个 |
[1:08:45] | I work for the slave traders. | 我为工贩工作 |
[1:08:50] | Get your rapid refund. | 投资回报迅速 |
[1:08:52] | I’m a human billboard. | 我是人体广告牌 |
[1:08:53] | Get your fucking rapid refund. | 回报真他妈的迅速啊 |
[1:08:57] | I sell my blood, type O. | 我卖血,O型 |
[1:08:59] | I haven’t eaten in three days. | 我三天没有吃饭了 |
[1:09:00] | And so it goes. | 就这么去啦 |
[1:09:02] | Valuable blood. | 宝贵的血啊 |
[1:09:11] | It’s frostbite fucking cold out here. | 户外已经冷到了极致 |
[1:09:13] | I’m losing my left toes due to not taking my shoes off at night. | 因为晚上也不能把鞋脱掉,我的左脚趾已经没了知觉 |
[1:09:18] | It’s all going in the book. | 这些都将被我写进书里 |
[1:09:19] | My masterpiece,Memoirs of a Moron. | 我的另一部杰作,《一个蠢蛋的回忆录》 |
[1:09:25] | Are we inside now, or out? | 我们现在是在室内还是室外呢? |
[1:09:27] | There is no inside,no outside. | 对我来说这已经没什么分别了 |
[1:09:30] | I have to go to the bathroom. | 我去下厕所 |
[1:09:35] | No container,no contained. | 没有厕所,甚至连个坑都没有 |
[1:09:45] | What’s up, old man? | 怎么啦,老头? |
[1:09:46] | No birth. | 没有出生 |
[1:09:47] | What you drinking,anything good? | 你喝什么好东西呢? |
[1:09:49] | Got anything for me? | 能给我点么? |
[1:09:51] | What? What? | 什么? |
[1:09:53] | You think you are so fucking tough, huh? Come here! | 你觉得你很厉害?过来! |
[1:09:56] | No death. | 就没有死亡 |
[1:10:07] | It’s a frigging riddle. | 这是一个被诅咒的谜语 |
[1:10:14] | Hey, welcome. My name is Joey, and I’m an addict. | 欢迎,我叫乔伊,我是一个毒瘾患者 |
[1:10:16] | Hi, there.Hey, Joey. | 你好啊 – 嘿,乔伊 |
[1:10:18] | It’s good to see everybody here today. | 很高兴今天在这里见到大家 |
[1:10:20] | And it’s really good I’m seeing a number of new faces. | 更让我高兴的是有几个新面孔出现 |
[1:10:23] | Actually about four or five of you. | 大概有4-5个 |
[1:10:25] | It’s always good to see new people coming into the room. | 每次有新人来到这里我们都非常欣慰 |
[1:10:28] | At this time,I’d like to let you know | 我只说一件事 |
[1:10:30] | that we do have free coffee and cookies over there. | 那边有免费的咖啡和饼干 |
[1:10:33] | And I can testify about the goodness of the cookies. | 我可以证明饼干对健康有好处 |
[1:10:35] | I baked them myself, they are fantastic. | 这是我自己烤的,很不错 |
[1:10:40] | At this time, if you have something | 如果你们 |
[1:10:42] | maybe that you want to talk about, | 有什么话想说 |
[1:10:43] | something you want to get off your chest, | 有什么心事需要人分担 |
[1:10:45] | go ahead and raise your hand.We would love to hear from you. | 请举手,我们很乐意成为你的倾听者 |
[1:10:49] | I was 11 when I got high for the first time, | 我第一次吸毒时11岁 |
[1:10:52] | and it felt like I was home. | 达到兴奋点时我有种回到家的感觉 |
[1:10:55] | Well, I woke up one morning in Paris. | 某天早上,我在巴黎醒过来 |
[1:10:58] | It took me a while to figure out that I was in Paris. | 花了好一会儿我才确定自己到了巴黎 |
[1:11:02] | And I had completely forgotten that I had | 我完全忘了前一天晚上 |
[1:11:03] | flown a 747 full of people the night before. | 我乘上了一架飞往巴黎,满载乘客的播音747的事 |
[1:11:06] | I was out of the hospital no more than three weeks. | 我不到三个星期就出院了 |
[1:11:09] | And I stayed over my mother’s house. | 然后一直住在母亲家里 |
[1:11:11] | I couldn’t take it anymore. | 到后来我实在是受不了了 |
[1:11:14] | I doused my hand with lighter fluid and lit it on fire | 我把火机油浇在手上,点了火 |
[1:11:18] | just to get the morphine. | 就像卖火柴的小女孩 |
[1:11:21] | Go figure. | 我想象着吗啡能出现在我的手上 |
[1:11:54] | Psst. | 呲 |
[1:11:55] | I saw your father the other day. | 前两天我看到你爸了 |
[1:11:58] | He didn’t look so good. | 他看上去状况不太好 |
[1:12:00] | You know my father? | 你认识他? |
[1:12:01] | He is a hard guy not to know. | 大家都认识他 |
[1:12:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:11] | Your old man doesn’t look good. | 你们家的老头看上去脸色不好 |
[1:12:13] | Someone should get him inside. | 应该找个人把他接回家 |
[1:12:15] | Well, you should get inside. | 你也是 |
[1:12:16] | We can get you in somewhere. | 我知道有个地方你能去 |
[1:12:19] | He sleeps in the parking garage, right? | 他是不是睡在车库里? |
[1:12:22] | Barlow’s garage? | 巴洛的车库? |
[1:12:25] | Don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[1:12:26] | The other day Barlow and Ron were giving him a hard time. | 前两天巴洛和罗恩给了他一点颜色看 |
[1:12:31] | Barlow killed a guy,16 years in Walpole. | 巴洛杀过人,在沃波尔蹲了16年 |
[1:12:36] | They shouldn’t have let him out. | 他们就不该放他出来 |
[1:12:39] | A guy like that. | 一个像他那样的人… |
[1:12:42] | Barlow and Ron lure your old man upstairs…、 | 巴洛和罗恩把你们家老爷子骗上了楼 |
[1:12:46] | Hey, buddy … to the top floor | 嘿伙计… – 骗到了顶层 |
[1:12:47] | Let’s have a drink. | 来喝一杯吧 |
[1:12:49] | You want to have a drink with us? | 不想和我们喝一杯么? |
[1:12:51] | Said they have a bottle. | 说他们有酒 |
[1:12:52] | When they get to the top, | 一上到顶层 |
[1:12:54] | they grab him and hold him over the edge, upside down. | 他们就抓住他的脚,把他大头朝下地拎到了栏杆外面 |
[1:12:58] | I told you not to come around here no more. This is Barlow’s garage. | 我告诉过你不要再来这晃悠了,这是我巴洛的车库 |
[1:13:01] | This is my garage, bitch! | 我的车库,狗娘养的! |
[1:13:03] | He didn’t drop him? | 他没把他扔下去? |
[1:13:04] | Said next time | 他们说那是下次的事 |
[1:13:06] | he’ll drop him. | 再有下次的话,他真会把他扔下去 |
[1:13:08] | He’s a freaking psycho,Barlow. | 巴洛真是个可怕的疯子 |
[1:13:16] | The manager kicks you out of this place at 9:15. | 店长晚上9点15就把你赶出去 |
[1:13:19] | The sign on the door says it doesn’t close until 9:30. | 可是门上写着9点30才歇业 |
[1:13:21] | How can he do that? | 他怎么能这样? |
[1:13:23] | Is that legal? | 这合法么? |
[1:13:26] | You might want to close that window. | 记得把窗户关好 |
[1:13:28] | Last week a rat jumped into the van. | 上周有只老鼠跑到车里来了 |
[1:14:10] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:14:12] | Moses! Moses! | 摩斯!摩斯! |
[1:14:14] | Hi, Moses.It’s okay. | 嗨,摩斯 – 没事 |
[1:14:16] | It’s Nick, from Harbor Street. | 我是尼克,从港湾街来的 |
[1:14:21] | You need anything? | 需要帮助么? |
[1:14:22] | You want to get in out of the cold? | 别在这受冻了 |
[1:14:28] | Hey, you haven’t seen Jonathan, have you? | 嘿,你没看到乔纳桑吧 |
[1:14:30] | No, not for weeks.Thank God. | 几个礼拜都没看到了,真是谢天谢地 |
[1:15:04] | You have to take it outside. | 去外面喝 |
[1:15:20] | Hey, welcome. My name is Joey, and I’m an addict. | 欢迎,我叫乔伊,我是一个毒瘾患者 |
[1:15:23] | Hi, Joey. | 嗨,乔伊 |
[1:16:02] | What the fuck are you doing here? Standing like some ghoul. | 你在这做什么鬼?像个食尸鬼似的 |
[1:16:07] | You’re lucky I realized it was you. Otherwise, bamo! | 你该庆幸我把你认出来了,不然的话,砰! |
[1:16:11] | Right. Bamo. | 好吧,砰 |
[1:16:13] | Are you here in your professional capacity? | 你是在发挥你的专业才能么? |
[1:16:15] | Scooping up bodies from the filthy streets | 把倒在肮脏街道上的尸体 |
[1:16:18] | to carry them to the Harbor Street palace? | 都给搬回港湾街的宫殿去 |
[1:16:20] | A haven for homos? | 那个基佬收容所? |
[1:16:21] | I’m working tonight, yes. | 我今晚确实是在上班 |
[1:16:23] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:16:25] | Come on, what? | 什么来吧? |
[1:16:26] | Come on, it’s freezing out here tonight. | 上车,外面很冷 |
[1:16:29] | Freezing? I don’t feel it. | 冷?我可没感觉 |
[1:16:32] | So, they have come to me with their tails between their legs, huh? | 他们终于夹着尾巴来求我回去了,嗯? |
[1:16:36] | You know what I say? | 你听到我的话没有? |
[1:16:38] | Fuck them. | 去他妈的吧 |
[1:16:41] | Fuck them. | 去他妈的 |
[1:16:44] | Up yours, Harbor Street. | 去你的港湾街 |
[1:16:49] | You are still barred from Harbor Street. | 你还在港湾街的禁入期 |
[1:16:58] | I think I have been here before. | 我想我之前来过这里 |
[1:17:01] | Yeah, I was mugged here once by a bunch of mother-raping drug addicts. | 上次在这我被一群操娘的小毒罐子给抢了 |
[1:17:04] | Thanks, Jeff. | 谢谢,杰夫 |
[1:17:05] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:17:08] | Christ, don’t tell me you live here. | 老天啊,别告诉我你就住这儿 |
[1:17:11] | A fucking hellhole. | 这真他妈的是个老鼠洞 |
[1:17:17] | I’ll have a vodka screwdriver, please. | 来杯螺丝起子 (注:Screwdriver,一种由伏特加和橙汁调和成的鸡尾酒) |
[1:17:22] | There is no liquor here. | 这儿没酒 |
[1:17:23] | No vodka? No vodka. | – 没有伏特加? – 没有 |
[1:17:25] | No vodka. | 没有伏特加 |
[1:17:28] | Fine, it’s evil shit anyway. | 好吧,反正也不是什么好东西 |
[1:17:32] | You know, I’m putting some money aside. | 我存了些钱 |
[1:17:36] | I’m going to get my life back together. | 我准备重新开始我的生活 |
[1:17:38] | I got a friend in Florida. | 我在佛罗里达有个朋友 |
[1:17:41] | He’s got a job and an apartment,they’re waiting for me in St. Petersburg. | 他给我准备了一份工作和一间公寓,在圣彼得堡 |
[1:17:45] | Right. | 是啊 |
[1:17:53] | You don’t believe me,do you? | 你不相信我是吧? |
[1:17:55] | No. No. | 不信 – 不信? |
[1:17:56] | That’s a terrible thing to say, | 真是太让我难过了 |
[1:17:59] | you don’t believe your own father. | 你居然不相信自己的父亲 |
[1:18:00] | I’m going upstairs,go to bed. | 我上楼睡觉去了 |
[1:18:04] | My roommates are away for the weekend. | 我室友周末不在 |
[1:18:05] | You will be unbarred in a few days, | 再过几天你的禁令就解除了 |
[1:18:08] | so you can stay here for a bit. | 所以在你回港湾街之前 |
[1:18:11] | Until you go back to Harbor Street… | 你可以在我这呆几天 |
[1:18:12] | Oh, no, I’m never going back to that fucking place. | 哦,不,我绝对不要再回去那里了 |
[1:18:16] | Never. | 永远不要 |
[1:18:18] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[1:18:20] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[1:18:25] | Hey, don’t drink in here. | 喂,别在这里喝酒 |
[1:18:26] | You know, I have been thinking about your beautiful mother | 我一直在思考你的漂亮老妈 |
[1:18:28] | and her non-accident. | 和她那个“非意外”的事 |
[1:18:29] | And I have been thinking, why would she do something like that? | 我在想,她为什么要那么做呢? |
[1:18:37] | Do you want a drink? No. | 喝一口?- 不了 |
[1:18:39] | Oh, right. You prefer the other stuff. | 哦,好吧,你不喜欢酒 |
[1:18:41] | I think I have a problem with both. | 我对这两件事都有疑问 |
[1:18:43] | A problem? | 有疑问? |
[1:18:45] | Oh, I feel for you. | 哦,我能感觉到 |
[1:18:48] | It must be problematic. | 一定不是什么简单的问题 |
[1:18:56] | The night she did it,she read something I wrote. | 那天晚上,她读了我写的东西 |
[1:19:00] | A story, she thought it was about her. | 一个故事,他觉得那是在说她 |
[1:19:03] | Was it? | 是么? |
[1:19:06] | Yes. | 确实是 |
[1:19:09] | It was about a woman who works two jobs | 我写了一个女人,身兼二职 |
[1:19:12] | and tries to fit in a couple of hours | 并且努力从两份工作的空档中挤出时间 |
[1:19:14] | between each to be with her kid. | 来陪她的孩子 |
[1:19:18] | She works as a bank teller. | 她是银行出纳 |
[1:19:20] | She works as a waitress. | 也是餐厅服务员 |
[1:19:23] | She comes home and waits on the kid. | 她回家还要带孩子 |
[1:19:35] | I wasn’t finished with the story. | 我没有写完那个故事 |
[1:19:41] | I was going to write how the kid appreciated it, | 我打算在后面写出那个孩子的感激之情 |
[1:19:44] | whatever time she had for him. | 不管她陪在他身边的时间是长是短 |
[1:19:48] | He didn’t think she was a bad mother. | 他从来都觉得她是个好妈妈 |
[1:19:52] | And he loved her. | 他爱她 |
[1:19:56] | She was all he had. | 她是他的全部 |
[1:20:02] | I didn’t write that part. | 我没有写这个部分 |
[1:20:06] | I didn’t get that far. | 我还没有写到那里 |
[1:20:08] | So that’s the story you tell | 所以这就是你认为的 |
[1:20:11] | of why your mother killed herself. | 你妈自杀的原因 |
[1:20:13] | I haven’t told it to anyone. | 我从没对任何人说起过这个故事 |
[1:20:14] | You tell it to yourself. Those are the best stories. | 你对你自己说过,这些故事是最好的 |
[1:20:18] | It’s a good yarn. | 很好的故事 |
[1:20:20] | There is only one part that’s horseshit. | 但有一个相当扯淡的部分 |
[1:20:23] | No one kills themselves because they read a story. | 没有人会因为读了一个故事而自杀 |
[1:20:26] | I don’t care how good a writer you are, | 无论多么优秀的作家 |
[1:20:28] | you can’t kill someone with words. | 都无法做到单凭文字就扼杀一个生命 |
[1:20:32] | I have a theory. | 我有一个看法 |
[1:20:35] | The reason people commit suicide | 那些自杀的人 |
[1:20:37] | is because they don’t like themselves. | 理由无非是他们不爱自己 |
[1:20:39] | Self-hatred. | 厌恶自己 |
[1:20:42] | I think it’s a very reasonable explanation. Don’t you? | 很合理的解释,不是么? |
[1:20:46] | Self-hatred? | 自我厌恶? |
[1:20:47] | You’re familiar with the concept? | 你对这个概念不陌生吧? |
[1:20:50] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[1:20:54] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[1:20:56] | maybe the question isn’t why she killed herself when she did, | 也许问题不在为什么她自杀 |
[1:20:59] | but why she chose to stick around as long as she did. | 而是她为何要选择活下去 |
[1:21:14] | Anyway, my writing is going extremely well. | 不管怎么说,我的写作进展相当顺利 |
[1:21:17] | The book’s classic. | 那本书真是一流的 |
[1:21:22] | And to answer your previous question, it does exist. | 回答一下你先前提出的那个质疑,这本书确实存在 |
[1:21:25] | As do you. | 你也一样 |
[1:21:26] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:21:28] | Because of me. Because I made you. | 因为我啊,我生了你 |
[1:21:35] | I’m going to go to sleep. | 我要去睡觉了 |
[1:21:38] | The blanket’s on the couch. | 毯子在沙发上 |
[1:22:53] | Hey! | 喂! |
[1:22:55] | Hey! Hold on! | 喂!等一下! |
[1:22:58] | Hey. | 喂 |
[1:23:00] | What are you doing? Where you going? | 你干嘛,你要去哪? |
[1:23:01] | Where am I going? I’m going to my suite at The Ritz. | 去哪?去我在利兹酒店的套房啊 |
[1:23:03] | They are holding one for me just in case I ever want to drop by and use it. | 他们有一间永远为我待命的套房呢 |
[1:23:07] | I gotta get going. I’ll be late for the slave traders, | 我得走了,不然上班就来不及了 |
[1:23:09] | all the jobs will be taken. | 工贩那的临时职位可都很热门呢 |
[1:23:11] | Well, are you coming back? | 你还回来么? |
[1:23:12] | Coming back where? Here. | 回来哪里? – 这里 |
[1:23:20] | Out of curiosity, | 出于好奇我得问一下 |
[1:23:21] | why have you not ever asked me to stay with you before? | 你之前怎么都没叫我留下来过? |
[1:23:26] | I thought if you try and save a drowning man you might go down, too. | 我觉得如果你去救一个溺水的人,你也会跟着沉下去的 |
[1:23:33] | A drowning man? | 溺水的人? |
[1:23:36] | A drowning man? | 溺水的人? |
[1:23:38] | I’m not a drowning man. | 我可不是溺水的人 |
[1:23:40] | I’m a survivor! An artist! | 我是一个生存者,艺术家! |
[1:23:43] | I’m not going to die out here | 我可不会死在外头 |
[1:23:45] | I’m not your poor sensitive mother! I’m a survivor! | 我跟你那敏感的可怜老妈不一样,我是个生存家! |
[1:23:48] | And you know what? | 你知道么? |
[1:23:49] | Luckily for you, you are my son, so you are one, too! | 成为我的儿子是一大幸事,因为你也将继承生存家的本领 |
[1:23:54] | You are not your mother and you are not me, Nicholas Flynn! | 你不是你妈,也不是我,尼古拉斯・弗林! |
[1:23:57] | I absolve you! | 我现在宣告你为独立的个体! |
[1:23:58] | You are not me. I made you, but you are not me! | 你不是我,我生了你,但你和我不同! |
[1:24:16] | I’ll see you again. | 再会 |
[1:24:17] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[1:24:19] | A few months after that I left Harbor Street. | 几个月后,我离开了港湾街 |
[1:24:23] | Yo, it’s the man. | 呦,是你啊 |
[1:24:25] | I’ll see you later, man. | 待会见 |
[1:24:26] | All right. Be good. | 好啦,小心点 |
[1:24:34] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:24:35] | All right. | 好啦 |
[1:24:41] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:24:43] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:24:45] | I’m taking off. | 我要走了 |
[1:24:46] | Yeah, I heard. | 嗯,听说了 |
[1:24:47] | Thanks. – For what? | 谢啦 – 谢什么? |
[1:24:49] | For nothing. | 没有 |
[1:24:51] | For the swift kick in the ass. | 谢谢你踹醒我的那一脚 |
[1:24:54] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:24:56] | No more Harbor Street, huh? | 不会再回来了吧 |
[1:24:57] | I guess not. | 我想不会 |
[1:24:58] | What about you, you gonna stay here for a while? | 你呢,还要再做一段时间? |
[1:25:00] | Yeah. I’m not done yet. | 嗯,我的事还很多 |
[1:25:05] | I just wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我只想说声对不起 |
[1:25:08] | For what? | 对不起什么? |
[1:25:11] | About your brother. | 你弟弟的事 |
[1:25:14] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:25:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:33] | Take care of yourself. | 保重啊 |
[1:25:35] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[1:25:40] | I go back to school, | 我回到学校 |
[1:25:42] | finish my undergraduate degree, get my diploma. | 读完了落下的本科课程,拿到了文凭 |
[1:25:45] | I take a poetry workshop. | 我加入了一间诗作研究会 |
[1:25:48] | I work in Harlem and Crown Heights and the South Bronx, teaching. | 我在开始哈伦区,皇冠高地和南布朗克斯区的几所学校任教 |
[1:25:53] | In some schools, half the kids I work with live in shelters. | 某几所学校里半数的学生都住在收容所里 |
[1:25:56] | So, when Lucille Clifton says, “Her eyes are animals,” what is that? | 所以,露西尔・克利夫顿的这句诗“她的双眸是跳跃的生灵”,我们把它称为一种? (注:露西尔・克利夫顿,黑人女性,马里兰州桂冠诗人) |
[1:26:02] | An image. | 意象 |
[1:26:04] | Good, but what kind of image? | 很好,但具体是什么意象呢? |
[1:26:07] | A metaphor. | 象征性意象 |
[1:26:09] | And what do you think she is trying to say about her eyes? | 你们觉得她想借助眼睛来表达什么呢? |
[1:26:11] | My father’s letters follow me. | 父亲仍然在给我寄信 |
[1:26:13] | Nicky Nu-nu,you will be happy to know | 尼克小宝贝, |
[1:26:15] | my writing is doing extraordinarily well. | 我的写作进展十分顺利 |
[1:26:18] | Soon, very soon,I shall be known. | 很快,无需时日,我将为世人所知 |
[1:26:27] | Within a year,Jonathan qualifies for | 过了不到一年的时间,乔纳桑成功地申请到了一所公寓 |
[1:26:29] | an apartment, Section 8, subsidized. | 中央八区,政府补贴 |
[1:26:32] | Unbeknownst to me,some strings have been | 但我不知道的是,在申请过程中 |
[1:26:34] | pulled by people I once worked with. | 我以前的同事们帮了不少的忙 |
[1:27:14] | Yeah? | 来了 |
[1:27:15] | It’s Nick. | 我是尼克 |
[1:27:16] | Nick who? | 尼克什么? |
[1:27:18] | Nicky Nu-nu. | 尼克小宝贝儿 |
[1:27:19] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:27:21] | Nicky Nu-nu. | 尼克小宝贝 |
[1:27:23] | Just want to make sure it’s you. | 再确认一下 |
[1:27:28] | You never know what lurks in this neighborhood. | 你不知道有多少怪人在这个街区转悠 |
[1:27:31] | How are you? | 你还好吧? |
[1:27:33] | Shake my hand properly.Give me a firm handshake. | 来,好好握一下手,用力 |
[1:27:37] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[1:27:38] | Don’t break it. | 别把我手弄断了 |
[1:27:41] | You’re dressed,that’s good. | 你这次穿着衣服呢,挺好的 |
[1:27:44] | Well, the place is nice. | 这里不错啊 |
[1:27:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:27:49] | This is my little paradise. | 我的小天堂 |
[1:27:50] | My little oasis. | 小绿洲 |
[1:27:52] | My little home away from | 远离我那所小房子的… |
[1:27:54] | my little home. | 小房子 |
[1:27:56] | Well, I’m impressed. | 真是难以置信 |
[1:27:58] | I’m very tranquil,I’m peaceful… | 晚来寂静,一派平和 |
[1:28:01] | Pretty soon he launches into a familiar flurry of hate speech. | 很快他又开始义愤填膺地大放陈词 |
[1:28:05] | …young girls being raped,day and night, | …每天都有年轻女孩被强奸 |
[1:28:08] | by these bastards,these pederasts, | 被那些无良混蛋,邪教徒 |
[1:28:12] | these fucking priests,these cretins, these homos. | 道貌岸然的牧师,白痴,同性恋者 |
[1:28:16] | Believe me,I know all about it. | 相信我,我什么都知道 |
[1:28:18] | I wasn’t locked up in federal prison with choirboys, kiddo. | 我当时可没有跟唱诗班的男孩一起被关在联邦监狱里,小子 |
[1:28:22] | Interstate transportation of stolen securities, | 跨洲运送窃取所得有价证券罪 |
[1:28:26] | that was the charge. | 这才是真正的指控罪名 |
[1:28:27] | The checking business brought to you by the great Dippity-Do Doyle. | 这单生意是老滑头Doyle让我接的 |
[1:28:30] | If I didn’t do what he said, he would have killed you and your mother. | 如果我不按他说的做,他早就把你和你老妈给杀了 |
[1:28:32] | Believe me, kiddo. | 相信我,小子 |
[1:28:34] | I have trouble focusing, | 我无法集中精神 |
[1:28:35] | I consider leaving quickly, | 我有点想尽快离开 |
[1:28:36] | but I will myself to stay. | 但最终我强迫自己留下来 |
[1:28:38] | My job was to enter the banks and open an account. | 我要做的就是到银行开户 |
[1:28:42] | I was the only one able to finesse my way in. | 我可是唯一一个能做得神不知鬼不觉的人 |
[1:28:44] | The secret? The secret? | 秘诀就是 |
[1:28:47] | Always go to a female teller. | 永远去女出纳员负责的柜台 |
[1:28:50] | A black? Forget about the fucking blacks. Low fucking morale. | 黑人?别提操蛋的黑人了,那些人一点道德都没有 |
[1:28:53] | Go to them? I couldn’t get on fucking first base with a black teller. | 去他们的柜台?那我一定连第一步都达成不了 |
[1:28:57] | It’s early in the month, so he hasn’t gone through his disability check yet. | 现在还是月初,这表示他才刚刚拿到政府补贴 |
[1:29:01] | This means he has been drinking. | 他一定会去喝酒 |
[1:29:03] | …good Russian vodka. Not that rotgut crap. | …上好的黑伏特加,可不是那种掺水的垃圾 |
[1:29:07] | Want some? | 来点? |
[1:29:09] | Uh, no thanks. | 呃,不了谢谢 |
[1:29:12] | New teeth? | 补牙了? |
[1:29:14] | Huh? | 哈? |
[1:29:15] | You got some new teeth. – Yep. | 你去补牙了 – 是啊 |
[1:29:16] | Courtesy of Uncle Sam.Best dentist in the world. | 那可真是世界上最好的牙医诊所 |
[1:29:21] | Looks nice. | 看上去不错 |
[1:29:22] | Here, I brought you something. | 给你,我给你带了点东西 |
[1:29:27] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么东西? |
[1:29:29] | It’s a book of poems. | 一本诗集 |
[1:29:30] | Poems. | 诗 |
[1:29:32] | I wrote it. | 我的作品 |
[1:29:33] | Actually, it’s getting an award. | 事实上,它有可能会获奖 |
[1:29:35] | An award, from whom? | 奖?哪的奖? |
[1:29:36] | From Pen. – Pen. | (注:PEN/Voelcker Award for Poetry,美国一诗作类文学奖) |
[1:29:39] | Are they giving you a pen? | 他们会奖励你一根笔么? |
[1:29:45] | Is it dedicated to me? | 这本书是献给我的么? |
[1:29:47] | No. No? | 不是 – 不是? |
[1:29:49] | Am I in it? | 里头提到我了么? |
[1:29:51] | There are some poems that refer to you. | 有几首诗是以你为参考的 |
[1:29:53] | Oh. Let’s see. | 哦,让我看看 |
[1:29:59] | “I’ll bend each finger back Until the bottle falls | “我将攥紧每一根手指/直到酒瓶落下 |
[1:30:04] | “Until the bone snaps | “骨节折断 |
[1:30:07] | “Save him by destroying his hands” | “毁掉他的双手/予他救赎 |
[1:30:10] | Do I detect a touch of hostility? | 我好像从文字里嗅到了敌意? |
[1:30:13] | I’m doing a reading of it tonight at a book store. | 我今晚在书店开朗读会 |
[1:30:17] | You can come,if you would like to. | 如果你想来的话也可以 |
[1:30:25] | All right, all right. | 好吧,好吧 |
[1:30:28] | I’m going to let you read it. | 我现在给你看看这个 |
[1:30:30] | Your book? Yeah, The Button Man, | 你的书? – 对,《纽扣人》 |
[1:30:31] | also known as The Confessions of Christopher Cobb. | 又作《克里斯托弗・柯布的自白书》 |
[1:30:36] | You mean it actually exists? | 这东西还真的存在啊? |
[1:30:37] | Of course it exists. | 当然了 |
[1:30:40] | Where the fuck is it? | 跑哪去了? |
[1:30:41] | It’s somewhere here. | 就在这房间的某个地方 |
[1:30:42] | Give me a hand here, look in these boxes. Look for a blue folder. | 搭把手,去那些箱子里找一个蓝色的文件夹 |
[1:30:59] | I think I may have it here. | 我记得是在这儿 |
[1:31:00] | Yeah. This is it. | 没错,这就是了 |
[1:31:08] | Here it is, part one. | 给你,第一部分 |
[1:31:10] | This is part one? How many parts are there? | 只是第一部分?总共有多少个? |
[1:31:13] | 12. Eight are in existence. | 12个,我已经写了8个部分 |
[1:31:18] | “Clink, clank, clunk.I think that I am drunk.” | “叮,铛,咚,我想我已经醉了。” |
[1:31:20] | Don’t read it here, for Christ’s sake. That part’s a musical. | 哦天啊,这里别用念的,它应该被唱出来 |
[1:31:25] | I will read it right away and get it back to you. | 我读完就还给你 |
[1:31:27] | Don’t steal anything. | 可别偷走什么啊 |
[1:31:30] | I promise. | 保证不会 |
[1:31:33] | I read his book in one afternoon. | 某天下午我把它读完了 |
[1:31:35] | It’s a masterpiece. | 真是一流的杰作 |
[1:31:37] | I read your poems. | 我读了你的诗 |
[1:31:39] | That one about the gun is heavy. | 关于枪的那首有点沉重 |
[1:31:40] | Of course it’s an inherited quality. | 当然啦,既然遗传了我的才能,品质自然有保证 |
[1:31:42] | If you didn’t write well,I would be surprised. | 如果你写得很差,那我才会吃惊呢 |
[1:31:44] | For 30 pages it shows promise. | 前30面给人以相当高的期待值 |
[1:31:47] | Then like his life,it soon falls apart | 紧接着,就像他的人生那样,行文的骨架彻底被打散了 |
[1:31:50] | and dissipates into incoherence. | 他开始语无伦次 |
[1:31:53] | His manuscript is incomplete. | 他的书稿是不完整的 |
[1:31:55] | As far as I can tell, | 我只能说 |
[1:31:57] | the only completed book about my father | 完成这唯一一本相对完备的关于我父亲的书的 |
[1:31:59] | would be the book that fell to me to write. | 重任就此落在了我的肩上 |
[1:32:02] | Me, my father’s un-credited, uncompliant ghost writer. | 我,一名永无怨言,无名无分,隶属于我父亲的影子写手 |
[1:32:08] | I’ve been in touch with Little Brown. | 我和小布朗取得了联系 |
[1:32:09] | They are doing my book. Four million dollars in advance. | 他们正在编辑我的书,预付给我四百万美元 |
[1:32:13] | Little Brown said my book’s a masterpiece. | 小布朗说我的书是杰作 |
[1:32:16] | Everything I write is a masterpiece. | 当然,我书写的一切皆为杰作 |
[1:32:22] | “The eyes of the action hero cut from the poster | “从海报上剪下的/英雄的双眼 |
[1:32:25] | “All that concrete pressing down | “重重的水泥压下 |
[1:32:27] | “A fine edge gleams around your body | “你的身体闪烁着清晰的边界 |
[1:32:31] | “As if it could be contained | “似要张开双臂将其容纳 |
[1:32:39] | “The way each finger is licked,dipped in and rubbed across the gums | “好似在牙龈上轻拭 |
[1:32:45] | “Until the teeth go away | “陪伴直至牙齿脱落的每根手指 |
[1:32:47] | “Even my hands kiss you | “我愿以手吻你 |
[1:32:50] | “A night broken down into grains | “让暗夜破碎成谷粒 |
[1:32:53] | “If you find yourself lost, dig | “如果你迷失方向,快 |
[1:32:56] | “A cave in the snow, quickly | “在雪中掘出存身的洞窟 |
[1:32:58] | “You need shelter against the night | “你需要庇护以对抗漫漫长夜 |
[1:33:01] | “A candle could keep you alive | “一支蜡烛可挽留你的生命 |
[1:33:04] | “The engine of your lungs will heat the air around you | “让你的肺叶运转/以加热四下的空气 |
[1:33:08] | “Someone will miss you | “某些思念你的人 |
[1:33:10] | “They will send out dogs | “将派出援救的犬 |
[1:33:13] | “You must be somewhere,right?” | “你一定就在某处,对吗?” |
[1:33:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:33:26] | There you go. | 给你 |
[1:33:28] | Thanks.Thanks for coming. | 谢谢,谢谢捧场 |
[1:33:37] | Hey. – Hey. | 嘿 – 嘿 |
[1:33:39] | Uh, he’s here. | 呃,他来了 |
[1:33:42] | Jonathan, this is Inez.Inez, this is Jonathan. | 乔纳桑,这是伊内兹。伊内兹,这是乔纳桑 |
[1:33:46] | A very great pleasure. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:33:48] | It’s good to meet you. | 我也是 |
[1:33:49] | And this is Maeve,your granddaughter. | 这是玛芙,你的孙女 |
[1:33:55] | Would you like to hold her? | 想要抱抱她么? |
[1:33:56] | Uh, that’s okay. | 呃,算了吧 |
[1:33:58] | No, he can hold her. | 没关系,他可以的 |
[1:33:59] | I have held babies before, Nicholas. | 我又不是没抱过小孩,尼古拉斯 |
[1:34:08] | See? | 看到没? |
[1:34:12] | See? | 看到了吧? |
[1:34:17] | See? | 看到没? |
[1:34:20] | See? | 看到没? |
[1:34:23] | See? | 看到没? |
[1:34:25] | Yeah, I see. | 是啊,我看到了 |
[1:34:33] | All right, Nicholas,you can have it. | 好了,尼古拉斯,你可以留下我的手稿 |
[1:34:36] | I bequeath it to you. | 我授予你继承的权力 |
[1:34:40] | You have the last word. | 结尾就拜托你了 |