时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:59] | Esteemed fellow VILE Faculty, | 诸位维尔同仁 |
[01:03] | as you know, I, Gunnar Maelstrom, | 你们都知道我 贡纳·马尔斯特姆 |
[01:06] | have been called demented, deranged, psychotic, even. | 一直被人称为错乱 疯狂 甚至神经 |
[01:12] | Justifiably? Perhaps. | 贴切吗 也许吧 |
[01:15] | But I feel these are merely labels, | 但我觉得这些只是标签 |
[01:17] | safe ways to categorize my unique intellect, | 只能保守地归纳我的特质 |
[01:21] | which enables me to see opportunity where others do not. | 我能看到其他人看不到的机会 |
[01:26] | So allow me to draw your attention to this, | 那就请你们听我介绍 |
[01:30] | the very foundation of law and order in the Western world. | 西方世界法律和秩序的基础 |
[01:36] | Looks more like a lion cub sniffing its own tail if you ask me. | 我倒是觉得看起来更像嗅自己尾巴的狮子幼崽 |
[01:41] | Wrong slide. This. | 错了 这张 |
[01:44] | The Magna Carta! | 大宪章 |
[01:47] | You’re saying words I don’t understand. | 你说的话我都听不懂 |
[01:50] | Coach Brunt, I suspect you are familiar with the US Constitution? | 布伦特教练 你应该很熟悉美国宪法吧 |
[01:56] | Darn right. I’m Texas proud. | 没错 我可是得州的人 |
[01:58] | Think of the Magna Carta as the British version of it, | 把这看作是五百多年前 |
[02:02] | written more than 500 years earlier. | 英国版的大宪法吧 |
[02:04] | And for the first time in history, | 有史以来第一次 |
[02:07] | every known original copy of this historic document, | 将所有已知的原始版本 |
[02:11] | all 17 of them, will be on display under one roof. | 一共17本 在同一个地方展出 |
[02:15] | Here, at this renowned museum in Mumbai, India. | 在印度孟买的这个著名博物馆 |
[02:20] | Which means we have an opportunity to steal it | 也就是说我们有机会以法律和秩序之名 |
[02:24] | in the name of law and disorder. | 将它们偷走 |
[02:28] | Would I be correct in assuming | 你是否已经 |
[02:29] | that you have a particular | 有执行该项目的 |
[02:31] | operative in mind for this misdeed, Professor? | 中意人选了 教授 |
[02:35] | The crime involves stealing paper, does it not? | 这起罪犯需要偷走书籍 对吗 |
[02:39] | She is far from ready. | 她还完全没准备好 |
[02:40] | Questioning my sanity | 我进行了如此详细的介绍 |
[02:42] | after my compelling intro, dear Shadowsan? | 还要怀疑我的神智吗 亲爱的影山 |
[02:46] | Carmen Sandiego was unruly and undisciplined | 卡门·圣地亚哥当初在这里上学时 |
[02:49] | when she was a student here, | 就狂傲 不守规矩 |
[02:51] | and your newest star pupil is cut from the same cloth. | 你最近最喜欢的学生和她如出一辙 |
[02:55] | Shall we vote? All in favor. | 要投票吗 赞成的举手 |
[03:07] | You sure about this, Red? | 你确定吗 红 |
[03:09] | I’m not picking up chatter about VILE operatives in India | 我通过我们的各种渠道都找不到维尔的成员 |
[03:11] | from any of our usual sources. | 出现在印度的痕迹 |
[03:14] | They’ll be here. | 他们会来的 |
[03:15] | I know how Professor Maelstrom’s twisted mind works, | 我知道马尔斯特姆教授变态的想法 |
[03:17] | and he’d never pass up an opportunity like this. | 他绝对不会放过这种机会 |
[03:21] | Stealing the Magna Carta would be VILE’s way of symbolizing | 偷走大宪法就是维尔在宣布 |
[03:23] | that evil can triumph over law and order. | 邪恶能凌驾于法律和秩序之上 |
[03:27] | At least, that’s what they’d tell themselves. | 至少 这是他们这么告诉自己的 |
[03:29] | I think I see what you mean. | 我想我懂你的意思了 |
[03:31] | In the year 1215, England was ruled by some guy named John. | 1215年 英国被一个叫约翰的人所统治 |
[03:35] | And if he were alive today, he’d probably feel right at home | 如果他现在还活着 他和你的前老师们 |
[03:38] | on VILE Island with your former teachers. | 在维尔岛上肯定能相处融洽 |
[03:40] | King John figured he could take anything he wanted | 约翰国王觉得因为自己是统治者 |
[03:42] | just because he was in charge, | 所以他想要什么就能有什么 |
[03:44] | and he abused that power constantly. | 他经常滥用他的权力 |
[03:46] | The Archbishop of Canterbury stepped in | 于是坎特伯雷大主教出手干预 |
[03:48] | and helped shape a set of laws that gave citizens rights. | 帮助建立了一系列保证公民权利的法律 |
[03:51] | Basic stuff like you can’t be arrested for no reason | 非常基础 比如你不会无缘无故地被逮捕 |
[03:54] | or have your horse taken away from you | 或者只因为国王想要你的马 |
[03:56] | just because the king wants it. | 而失去你的马 |
[03:58] | These combined laws were named the Magna Carta, | 这些法规合起来被称为《大宪法》 |
[04:00] | Latin for “The Great Charter of the Liberties.” | 拉丁文意为”自由的伟大宪章” |
[04:02] | It was the chief cause of democracy in England | 这也是英格兰民主的起源 |
[04:05] | and a huge influence on the American Constitution. | 对美国宪法也造成了巨大的影响 |
[04:08] | Speaking of democracy, | 说到民主制 |
[04:09] | India has more people than any other democracy in the world, | 印度的人口比全世界任何一个民主制国家都要多 |
[04:13] | which is where you happen to be sitting right now. | 你现在正坐在这个国家 |
[04:15] | And I since I favor democracy over tyranny, | 由于我相比起君主专制 更喜欢民主制 |
[04:18] | VILE won’t be sinking their mangy claws | 维尔别想在我的眼皮底下 |
[04:20] | into any historic documents on my watch. | 将魔爪伸向任何历史文献 |
[04:23] | I’ll do one last perimeter check tonight, | 今晚我再做最后一次巡逻 |
[04:25] | see if I can find any weak links VILE might exploit. | 看看能不能找到会被维尔利用的薄弱点 |
[04:36] | Ready to shut down the security cams, Red? | 准备好关闭安全摄像头了吗 红 |
[04:38] | Someone already did. | 有人已经关了 |
[04:44] | She’s here. | 她来了 |
[04:57] | She was at VILE Academy during my holdover year. | 我留级的拿一年 她是维尔的学生 |
[05:01] | And had a reputation for putting her own spin | 并以经常在影山的折纸课上 |
[05:04] | on Shadowsan’s origami lessons. | 开小灶而闻名 |
[05:09] | Which didn’t exactly make her teacher’s pet. | 所以她不算是老师们喜欢的学生 |
[05:33] | Museum’s closed. | 博物馆关门了 |
[05:36] | I’m here to give you your walking papers. | 我是来给你解雇书的 |
[05:40] | Mm. Papers. | 书[纸] |
[05:55] | Paper Star, I see you haven’t lost your touch. | 纸星 看来你还在做老本行 |
[05:59] | Red is a smart color for you. It will hide the stains. | 你选红色很明智 能遮掩污点 |
[06:49] | Out of ammo? That’ll teach you to litter. | 没子弹了吗 这能教导你不要乱扔垃圾 |
[06:56] | I really should reuse, reduce and recycle. | 我真应该学会再利用 减少利用和循环利用 |
[07:00] | These brochures are chock-full of… | 这些小册子上全是… |
[07:03] | cutting-edge information. | 最新[锋利]的信息 |
[07:13] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[07:14] | All this talk about the great Carmen Sandiego, | 人人都说伟大的卡门·圣地亚哥 |
[07:19] | but in the flesh, you’re just a paper tiger. | 但其实 你只是一只纸老虎 |
[08:25] | Such a pretty package. | 这包裹真好看 |
[08:28] | Hmm, think I’ll keep you under wraps. | 我就先让你被绑着吧 |
[08:40] | The more you struggle, the tighter it gets. | 你越挣扎就会越紧哦 |
[08:58] | Bye-bye, little Black Sheep. | 再见 小黑羊 |
[09:25] | It seems Carmen Sandiego has found some new hobbies: | 看来卡门·圣地亚哥找到了新的兴趣爱好 |
[09:28] | arts and crafts and stealing historic documents! | 艺术珍品和偷历史文献 |
[09:32] | It is origami, the Japanese art of paper folding. | 这是折纸 日本的折纸艺术 |
[09:37] | Right. Dull facts, boring things. | 对 无聊的事 |
[09:41] | But Carmen Sandiego’s recent MO | 但是卡门·圣地亚哥最近的风格 |
[09:43] | seems to be returning valuables to museums, not stealing them. | 似乎是将被盗的珍品还给博物馆 而不是偷走 |
[09:48] | Again with the Vermeer paintings, Agent Argent? | 你又要提维米尔的画吗 阿金特探员 |
[09:51] | That has not been proven, so, | 这还没有定论 所以 |
[09:53] | please, do not romanticize the scoundrel. | 请你不要浪漫化这个恶棍的行为 |
[09:56] | The crime scene is also sloppier | 这个犯罪现场也比 |
[09:58] | than Ms. Sandiego normally leaves it. | 圣地亚哥小姐以往的要乱 |
[10:00] | Wouldn’t you agree, Agent Devineaux? | 你不觉得吗 德尼诺探员 |
[10:04] | It does look like a monsoon hit in here. | 看上去的确像是季风过境般 |
[10:07] | – She must have been in a hurry. – Or a struggle. | -她肯定走的很匆忙 -或者一番挣扎 |
[10:17] | Greetings from Mumbai. | 从孟买向你问好 |
[10:19] | Agents, I trust you were able to gain | 探员们 我相信你们 |
[10:21] | entry to the crime scene without incident. | 应该能轻松进入到犯罪现场吧 |
[10:24] | This toy is incredible. | 这小玩意太厉害了 |
[10:25] | We were able to clear all local authorities away with one flash. | 我们只要一下就得到任何官方的权限 |
[10:30] | Your ACME keycard will provide you with Level One clearance | 你们的阿卡米密钥卡能让你们去到哪里 |
[10:33] | anywhere in the world | 都有一级权限 |
[10:34] | and gets you ten percent off your purchase at any company store. | 并且在本公司商店购物都能有九折折扣 |
[10:38] | Where can I find these stores? | 这些商店在哪里 |
[10:40] | And do they carry bulk quantities of razor blades, | 那里面卖不卖上好的刀片 |
[10:42] | cheese, or breath freshener? | 奶酪或者空气清新剂 |
[10:47] | Yes, the case. | 对 专注案子 |
[10:49] | ACME has just obtained this surveillance footage. | 阿卡米刚刚得到这段监控录像 |
[10:52] | It’s taken from the cafe across the street. | 这是街对面的咖啡馆拍下的 |
[10:54] | Unlike the museum, their security cameras weren’t disabled. | 那儿的监控摄像头不像图书馆的那些一样被解除了 |
[11:00] | Aha! Carmen Sandiego! | 卡门·圣地亚哥 |
[11:02] | I need you to be certain she isn’t another copycat, | 我需要你们确定这不是又一个模仿犯 |
[11:05] | like your snowmobile incident? | 就像你们雪地车追逐那次一样 |
[11:09] | You are the only ACME agent | 你是唯一一个 |
[11:10] | who has been face-to-face with her, Monsieur Devineaux. | 和她面对面过得阿克米探员 德尼诺先生 |
[11:14] | That is her. I am certain of it. | 这就是她 我很确定 |
[11:16] | Can we roll it back 30 frames, please? | 你能往回倒30帧吗 |
[11:20] | Do you see that blur of color? | 你们能看到那篇模糊的色块吗 |
[11:24] | – A second figure? – An accomplice! | -第二个人 -同伙 |
[11:26] | I was going to suggest a rival, which might explain the debris. | 我想说的是敌人 这样就能解释得通凌乱的现场 |
[11:32] | Who TP’d the place? | 谁把这地方糊满了纸 |
[11:35] | That multicolored freak show owes me a new hat. | 那个五彩疯子欠我一顶新帽子 |
[11:38] | – Make her take you shopping. -I would if she left a paper trail. | -让她带你去买 -她要是留纸痕就去 |
[11:42] | Ha! If only. | 那就好了 |
[11:43] | We need to find Paper Star before she hands off the Magna Cartas | 我们得赶在纸星把大宪法交给另一名成员前 |
[11:46] | to the next operative. | 找到纸星 |
[11:48] | Why not just take them back to VILE herself? | 她为什么不自己带回维尔 |
[11:50] | Standard procedure on all VILE operations. | 这是维尔所有成员的标准程序 |
[11:53] | This way, no one operative knows too much about any given job. | 这样就不会让某个成员对任务的了解太多 |
[11:57] | If they get nabbed, they can only divulge so much information. | 要是他们被抓 透露的消息也不会太多 |
[12:00] | Well, don’t sweat yet, Red. | 先别紧张 红 |
[12:02] | I’m scanning all local surveillance | 我在扫描所有当地录像 |
[12:04] | and pushing my new facial recognition software to the max. | 并全力运行我的新面部识别程序 |
[12:07] | If she’s still in India, I’ll pin her down. | 如果她还在印度 我会找到她 |
[12:32] | I see I am not the only one | 看来不是只有我一个人 |
[12:33] | who admires Mumbai’s historic Elephanta Caves. | 喜欢孟买历史悠久的埃列芬塔洞穴 |
[12:43] | The fish swims at midnight. | 鱼在午夜游动 |
[12:48] | – I repeat, the fish swims at midnight. – No need to speak in code. | -重复 鱼在午夜游动 -不用说暗号 |
[12:53] | Tell me where to escort this. | 告诉我要把这些送到哪里 |
[12:55] | A designated safe house outside this country’s borders, I assume? | 应该是国境外的一处指定安全屋吧 |
[12:58] | What? That is not how this works. | 什么 不是这样的 |
[13:02] | Protocol dictates that you give me the package to deliver! | 根据协议 你要把包裹交给我送 |
[13:05] | Protocol exists to protect VILE should an operative get caught. | 协议的存在是为了在成员被抓时保护维尔 |
[13:09] | You look like an operative who would get caught. | 你看上去就像一个会被抓的成员 |
[13:14] | I have completed more successful missions than you, | 我完成的任务比你多多了 |
[13:16] | Pippi Punkstockings! | 皮皮·朋克斯托克斯 |
[13:19] | Now, give me the package. | 赶紧把包裹给我 |
[13:25] | Perhaps the fish does swim at midnight. | 也许鱼的确是在午夜游动 |
[13:28] | You gave me a paper cut! | 你用纸划了我 |
[13:31] | Puffer fish. Very lethal. | 河豚鱼 非常致命的 |
[13:34] | It will give you a thousand paper cuts | 如果你不告诉我下个中转点在哪里 |
[13:36] | unless you tell me the next drop location. | 就会划伤你以前刀 |
[13:42] | No, not my hands. | 不 别划我的手 |
[13:44] | Not my hands! | 别划我的手 |
[13:51] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪里 |
[13:54] | On her way to Agra City. | 正在前往阿格拉城 |
[13:56] | And how did she learn of Agra? | 她怎么知道要去阿格拉城 |
[14:00] | I had no choice! She is psychotic! | 我没有选择 他是个疯子 |
[14:08] | Merely a label, you know. | 这只是一个标签 |
[14:11] | This was taken less than an hour ago, | 这是不到一小时前在一辆 |
[14:13] | on a ferry coming into Mumbai Harbor. | 前往孟买湾的渡轮上拍下的 |
[14:15] | Looks like our litterbug is still packing the Magna Cartas. | 看起来大宪法还在我们的垃圾虫身上 |
[14:19] | Can you access the passenger list? | 你能获取乘客名单吗 |
[14:21] | Coming your way. | 给你发了 |
[14:26] | Tammy Origami. | 塔米·奥利噶米[折纸] |
[14:28] | She’s going by an alias. | 她用了假名 |
[14:29] | That’s not too obvious. | 明摆的事 |
[14:31] | It’s Paper Star’s way of saying, “Come and get me if you dare.” | 纸星的意思是”你敢的话就来抓我” |
[14:34] | Which suits me just fine. | 正好合我口味 |
[14:37] | Player, I need you to cross-check that name | 玩家 交叉对比这个名字 |
[14:39] | against any mode of transportation you can think of. | 和你能想到的所有交通工具 |
[14:42] | Plane tickets, train tickets, car rentals. | 飞机票 火车票 汽车租赁 |
[14:45] | Found her. | 找到她 |
[14:46] | Tammy bought a one-way ticket | 塔米还买了一张乘坐9点30分 |
[14:48] | to Agra City on the 9:30 A.M. Express train. | 去往阿格拉城的单程特快列车 |
[14:51] | Guess she wants to see the Taj Mahal. | 看来她是想去看看泰姬陵 |
[14:55] | Let’s chase that paper. | 去追赶那张纸吧 |
[15:30] | – Target spotted. – You gonna make a move? | -发现目标 -你要行动吗 |
[15:32] | In close quarters like this with a wild card like her? | 在这种封闭空间去堵这种混蛋 |
[15:35] | Someone could get hurt. | 会让别人受伤的 |
[15:37] | I’ll strike the moment she steps off the train. | 我等她下火车再出手 |
[15:39] | Until then, I just need to stay out of her sight | 在此之前 我只要不被她发现 |
[15:41] | while keeping her in mine. | 同时盯紧她 |
[15:44] | Ms. Sandiego, I presume. | 你应该就是圣地亚哥小姐吧 |
[15:49] | I almost did not recognize you without your evening wear. | 你没穿那身衣服 差点没认出你来 |
[15:53] | Aren’t you a bit out of your jurisdiction, Inspector Devineaux? | 这儿是不是超出你的管辖权了 德尼诺督察 |
[15:57] | I recently acquired greater authority. | 我最近获得了更大的权限 |
[16:00] | That’s awfully vague, Inspector. | 这么说太含糊了 督察 |
[16:02] | Is it even “Inspector” Anymore? | 你到底还是不是督察 |
[16:05] | Enough chitchat! | 废话说够了 |
[16:06] | Where are you hiding the Magna Cartas? | 你把大宪法藏在哪里了 |
[16:08] | Me? Nowhere. But they are closer than you think. | 我吗 没有 但是它们就近在眼前 |
[16:16] | You will take me to them. | 你要带我去找它们 |
[16:18] | Or what? You’ll cuff me? | 不然呢 你就要把我铐起来吗 |
[16:22] | Why, yes. | 当然了 |
[16:24] | I lost you on a train once before. Never again. | 我曾经在火车上让你溜过一次 没有下次了 |
[16:31] | What? | 什么 |
[16:32] | No. No, no, no! | 不不不不 |
[16:37] | ACME, huh? | 阿卡米 |
[16:50] | This seat taken? | 这位置有人吗 |
[16:51] | Actually, yes. | 其实有人 |
[16:52] | But feel free to use it until my partner returns. | 但是在我搭档回来之前你可以坐着 |
[16:57] | Partner? | 搭档 |
[17:02] | Travel partner. | 旅行搭档 |
[17:04] | – I see. And you are? – Julia. | -好吧 你叫什么 -茱莉亚 |
[17:08] | So, Jules… | 茱尔斯 |
[17:10] | off to see the Taj Mahal? | 来看泰姬陵吗 |
[17:12] | Oh, I wish. The architecture, the history. | 我也想 那些建筑 历史文化 |
[17:16] | Sadly, I’m traveling on business. | 可惜我是因公务出差 |
[17:18] | Don’t like your job, huh? | 不喜欢你的工作吧 |
[17:19] | No, no. I love my job. | 不 我爱我的工作 |
[17:22] | I just love history even more, I suppose. | 我想我只是更爱历史 |
[17:25] | Then you must really be upset about the Magna Carta. | 那你肯定很难过大宪法失窃吧 |
[17:27] | What? | 什么 |
[17:28] | The theft, it’s in all the news. | 失窃案 新闻上都是 |
[17:32] | Wonderful chatting with you, Jules! | 和你聊天很开心 茱尔斯 |
[17:35] | But I never did get your name. | 但我一直不知道你的名字 |
[17:43] | Come on, come on. | 拜托 拜托 |
[17:45] | Agent Devineaux, I found Carmen San– | 德尼诺探员 我发现了卡门·圣… |
[17:47] | You’ve reached Inspector Chase Devineaux. | 这里是切斯·德尼诺督察 |
[17:50] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[17:52] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[18:34] | Stinks running out of paper. | 小虫子没有纸了 |
[18:36] | Now, can we try chatting without killing any trees? | 能不能不要浪费树木 好好谈谈 |
[18:44] | You should run. | 你该逃走的 |
[19:10] | Care to run now? | 现在能跑了吗 |
[19:31] | Nowhere to hide. Not very smart. | 无处可躲了 也不是很聪明 |
[19:38] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[19:40] | Wind beats paper. | 风能克制纸 |
[20:32] | Here goes nothing. | 没什么了不起的 |
[20:58] | Agent Devineaux? How did you–? | 德尼诺探员 你怎么… |
[21:00] | Never mind that! The keys are in my briefcase! | 别管那个 要是就在我的箱子里 |
[21:17] | – So, you have the docs? – They’re in good hands. | -文件拿到了吗 -已经妥善交付了 |
[21:21] | Though it seems our friend Inspector Chase Devineaux | 不过我们的朋友 切斯·德尼诺督察 |
[21:23] | may be running with a slicker outfit these days. | 可能最近加入了一个高级的组织 |
[21:26] | Picked his pocket. Think you can hack a keycard? | 我偷了他的东西 你能黑密钥卡吗 |
[21:28] | Worth a try. Send it over. | 可以试试 发过来 |
[21:42] | Did you not assure us that Paper Star was ready? | 你不是向我们保证纸星已经准备好了吗 |
[21:45] | I never instructed her to break protocol. | 我从来没有要她违反协议 |
[21:58] | Faculty only, sassy-pants. | 这里只有教职工能进 小家伙 |
[22:01] | But my ears were burning. | 但是我觉得有人在说我 |
[22:03] | You failed to complete your mission. | 你的任务失败了 |
[22:07] | Guilty as charged. | 我承认有罪 |
[22:09] | But I never come to a party empty-handed. | 但我从不会空手赴宴 |