时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m Max. I’ll be your waitress, | 我叫Max 我是你们的服务员 |
[00:03] | ’cause they don’t do background checks here. | 因为他们在这里不做背景调查 |
[00:05] | Oh, you’ll be our waitress. | 我知道你是我们的服务员 |
[00:07] | I never guessed that based on the uniform | 我绝不是根据制服进行猜测的 |
[00:09] | and name tag that says “Max.” | 也不是因为你的名牌上写了”Max” |
[00:13] | You know I make, like, $3, right? | 你知道我能赚个三美元吗? |
[00:16] | I realize that’s a lot of money in the 1920s | 这在九十世纪二十年代可是一笔巨款了 |
[00:18] | where you two are from. | 就是你们处于的那个时代 |
[00:21] | Here, open this and bring us two clean glasses. | 把这酒打开 给我们拿两个干净的玻璃杯 |
[00:24] | Sure, Not-So-Great Gatsby. | 当然可以 不伟大的盖茨比 |
[00:28] | Hey, OJ and Nicole. | 嘿 杀人犯及前妻 |
[00:33] | Rude snobs at table ten. You know what that means. | 十号桌有几个粗鲁的势利鬼 你懂的 |
[00:36] | – Wine swap? – Let’s roll. | – 把酒掉包? – 来吧 |
[00:40] | Hey, Oleg, I need one of those $2 Merlots | 嘿 Oleg 我要一瓶那种从你表兄脖子 |
[00:43] | you get from your cousin with the hole in his neck. | 插孔搞出来的 两块钱一瓶的梅洛红酒 |
[00:46] | Caroline, price check. | Caroline 查一下这个多少钱 |
[00:47] | Oh! Chateau Pavie, 2008. Very expensive. | 哇! 这是柏菲酒庄2008年产的 很贵啊 |
[00:51] | But, hey, we deserve it. | 不过 这是我们应得的 |
[00:55] | Here, better let it breathe. | 给你 最好给它透透气 |
[00:56] | It was in my gym bag. | 之前它被放在我的运动包里了 |
[01:00] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[01:01] | This vintage pairs well with jockstrap. | 这对复古夫妻喜欢护身三角绷带 |
[01:04] | Do you think waitresses did this to me when I had money? | 你认为在我有钱的时候 服务员也是这样对我的吗 |
[01:07] | Only if you had an attitude. | 如果你态度不好就会 |
[01:09] | So that’s a yes. | 看来答案是会了 |
[01:11] | I can’t remember if this reminds me | 我都有点记不清了 |
[01:14] | of an old heist movie I saw on an old heist | 这让我想起自己在参与打劫时 |
[01:17] | I actually participated in. | 看到的一个关于打劫的电影 |
[01:20] | I know. We’re like Ocean’s 7/11. | 我们像是便利店版的11罗汉 |
[01:23] | All we’re missing is a tiny asian guy | 现在我们就缺一个小个子的 |
[01:25] | who can fit into small boxes. | 可以装进小箱子的亚洲男人 |
[01:27] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[01:30] | Table ten is looking for their wine. | 十号桌在等着上酒呢 |
[01:32] | Oh, not a problem. Coming right up. | 没问题 这就来 |
[01:35] | What did you do? Why is she smiling? | 你们干什么了? 她在笑什么? |
[01:38] | Are my pants on fire again? | 我的裤子又着火了吗? |
[02:00] | Oh, yeah, take that, sucker! | 受死吧 臭老鼠! |
[02:03] | Max, when I said | Max 当我说 |
[02:04] | we need to move the cupcakes, | 我们得把纸杯蛋糕拿开 |
[02:05] | I didn’t mean through the air at a rodent’s head. | 我是叫你别把蛋糕扔到啮齿目动物的头上 |
[02:08] | Hey, he ran up the window, | 嘿 它刚刚跑到窗户上去了 |
[02:11] | so it’s kind of a stand-your-ground situation. | 所以现在是坚守阵地的问题了 |
[02:16] | Okay, we’re on a time-out. He’s eating my ammo. | 好了 我们暂停一会 他在吃我的弹药 |
[02:20] | Max, business is down again, | Max 生意又下滑了 |
[02:22] | and the only phrase I’ve said more than that is, | 而我说的比这话还多的就是 |
[02:24] | “Please, god, take me in my sleep.” | “神啊 让我在睡梦中死去吧” |
[02:26] | I mean, it’s clear. Not getting ahead. | 很显然 没什么进展啊 |
[02:28] | Oh, is that what your mood is about? | 噢 你心情不好就是因为这个? |
[02:31] | You’re not getting any ahead? | 因为没有人进你? |
[02:34] | ’cause I can take care of that with one call. | 因为我只要一通电话就能帮你解决 |
[02:36] | You are not hooking me up with that guy | 你不能把我介绍给那个在你手机里 |
[02:38] | who’s listed in your phone as “oral redenbacher.” | 标注着”口交巴克”的家伙 |
[02:43] | Max, this is our future. | Max 这是我们的未来 |
[02:44] | We need to get serious about making money. | 我们得认真赚钱 |
[02:47] | Absolutely. Let’s leave early. | 当然 我们早点走吧 |
[02:50] | Leave early? Who are we, Congress? | 早退? 你当我们是谁啊 国会? |
[02:53] | Do you think other business got successful | 你以为其他人做生意是 |
[02:55] | by leaving early? | 靠早退成功的吗? |
[02:57] | No, they did it by hiring illegals | 当然不 他们成功是因为他们 |
[02:59] | and moving their bank accounts offshore. | 雇佣了非法移民 并把财产转移到海外 |
[03:03] | We can’t leave early. | 我们不能早退 |
[03:04] | The sign says “open till 2:00 a.m.” | 这标牌上写着”营业时间到凌晨两点” |
[03:06] | Well, I’m open to getting a new sign that says “closed.” | 好吧 我打算换张新牌子 上面写着”关门” |
[03:10] | I mean, are we supposed to just hang around here | 我是说 难道我们就应该呆在这里 |
[03:12] | and wait for whatever nut jobs are trolling around town? | 等哪个闲逛的神经病来我们店吗? |
[03:15] | Hi, girls. | 大家好 |
[03:19] | Guess what Oleg and I are going to do | 你们猜我和Oleg打算做件什么 |
[03:21] | that will probably give me hep c. | 可能会让我得丙肝的事吗 |
[03:24] | A three way with Tommy Lee? | 和汤米・李玩三人行? |
[03:28] | No, silly. We’re getting matching tattoos. | 别傻了 我们是要去纹个情侣纹身 |
[03:32] | We want something that represents our relationship. | 我们想要个可以代表我们关系的图样 |
[03:34] | So maybe two butterflies doing the nasty | 可以纹两只在”犯罪现场调查: 迈阿密”中 |
[03:37] | during “CSI: Miami.” | 嘿咻的蝴蝶 |
[03:40] | Wow, you two, his and her tats. | 哇 你们两个真不错 一对纹身 |
[03:42] | Romantic and will help identify the bodies. | 很浪漫 还能有助于辨别尸体 |
[03:45] | Sure, you know, matching tattoos | 当然 情侣纹身 |
[03:48] | are the deepest expression of commitment. | 最能表达承诺的方式 |
[03:51] | Well, matching tattoos | 对的 情侣纹身 |
[03:52] | and pooping in front of each other. | 以及在对方面前拉屎 |
[03:56] | I’m not gonna do it in front of my man. | 我可不会在我男人面前拉屎 |
[03:59] | I poop at McDonald’s ’cause I’m a lady. | 我在麦当劳拉屎 因为我是个淑女 |
[04:03] | Thanks for the cupcake. | 谢谢你们的纸杯蛋糕 |
[04:06] | We really have to start charging her. | 我们真应该算她的账 |
[04:08] | Charge her with what, first-degree man-settling? | 算她啥账啊 一级搞定男人罪? |
[04:12] | Max, as I was saying, it’s time to get serious | Max 我之前也说了 我们该 |
[04:14] | about the business. | 认真对待这个生意了 |
[04:16] | Absolutely. Let’s leave early. | 当然 我们提早离开吧 |
[04:18] | What? Last night after 1:00, | 怎么了? 昨晚一点钟过后 |
[04:20] | we made only $15, right? | 我们只赚了15美元 对吧? |
[04:22] | $14.63. | 其实是14.63美元 |
[04:25] | What? Math is my thing. | 怎么 我很拿手数学啊 |
[04:26] | Would you roll your eyes if you were standing | 如果你看到艾米纳姆在你对面开始说唱 |
[04:28] | across from Eminem and he started rapping? | 你还会翻白眼吗 |
[04:31] | Uh, yes. | 当然 |
[04:34] | I’d be all, “Dude, you’re 60. Sit on a porch swing.” | 我会说”老兄 你都六十岁了 洗洗睡吧” |
[04:39] | Okay, look, here is $15. | 好吧 你看 这里有15美元 |
[04:41] | That’ll cover what we’ll probably make. | 差不多就是我们能赚的钱了 |
[04:43] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[04:45] | You’re just gonna leave me here? | 你就打算把我抛在这里? |
[04:46] | Yup, I’m leaving as soon as I get my change back | 是的 等你把那14.63美元的差价找给我 |
[04:48] | from that $14.63. | 我就马上走 |
[04:51] | Fine, just tell me how much that is. | 好啊 告诉我我该找你多少钱 |
[04:53] | Or maybe sooner. | 我还是早点走吧 |
[04:59] | This is a very big day for me. | 这是个很重要的日子 |
[05:02] | Why, because of this totally out-of-the-blue order | 为什么? 因为这个商业研讨会 |
[05:04] | we got to do cupcakes for this business seminar? | 给咱们来了个突如其来的蛋糕订单? |
[05:06] | No, the first time I’ve entered a Sheridan | 当然不是 今天是我第一次从大门 |
[05:09] | through a door. | 走进喜来登酒店 |
[05:11] | Usually it’s by window or freight elevator. | 我通常都是翻窗或者走货运电梯的 |
[05:14] | And one time, I rolled in under some girl’s | 还有一次 我躲在一个女孩的 |
[05:17] | Quinceara dress. | 裙子下钻进来的 |
[05:19] | The seminar’s about to start. | 研讨会马上就要开始了 |
[05:21] | I have unclaimed name tags for Pamela, Ellen… | 这里仍有几个名牌没人拿的 Pamela和Ellen… |
[05:25] | What kind of losers would come to this? | 有什么烂人会来这种地方? |
[05:27] | Max, Caroline. | 还有Max和Caroline |
[05:30] | I wouldn’t call us losers. | 我可不会称我们为烂人 |
[05:31] | Are you here? | 你们来了吗? |
[05:33] | Okay, so there is no cupcake order. | 好吧 其实没有人订纸杯蛋糕 |
[05:36] | I signed us up for this seminar. | 我给咱们报名参加这研讨会 |
[05:38] | I carried cupcakes on a subway for nothing? | 我白白拿着这么多纸杯蛋糕挤了一路地铁? |
[05:41] | The annoying woman next to me talked the whole time. | 坐我旁边的唠叨女人可是说了一路啊 |
[05:46] | I was sitting next to you, Max. | Max 坐你旁边的人是我 |
[05:50] | Look, I knew you wouldn’t come otherwise, | 我知道你是怎么都不肯来的 |
[05:52] | and you need to be here. | 而且你确实需要来这一趟 |
[05:54] | This is a business intervention. | 你这叫商业干预 |
[05:56] | It’s not an intervention. | 这不是干预 |
[05:59] | Max, your behavior lately has affected me | Man 你最近的表现在以下几个 |
[06:01] | in the following ways. | 方面影响到了我 |
[06:04] | I can’t believe this. | 有没有搞错 |
[06:06] | At least in my other interventions I was drunk. | 最起码其他的劝诫会上我是醉着的 |
[06:09] | We need to do this seminar. | 我们需要这次讲座 |
[06:11] | Gordon Kepper is a genius. | Gordon Kepper是个天才 |
[06:12] | He’s gonna give our business a real bump. | 他会让我们的生意达到高潮的 |
[06:14] | Guys giving me a bump is why they threw me | 我第二次劝诫会就是因为 |
[06:16] | that second intervention. | 那些给我高潮的家伙 |
[06:19] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[06:20] | Oh, mm, okay. See you. | 好吧 你不走我走 |
[06:23] | So this is your new thing, Max? | 这就是你的新爱好吗 Max? |
[06:24] | You’re just gonna walk out on me? | 你就这么扔下我不管了? |
[06:26] | Actually, it’s an old thing. | 实际上 这是老习惯了 |
[06:27] | In fact, it’s kind of a family tradition. | 其实 这算是家庭传统了 |
[06:30] | I learned from my father, whoever he is. | 我从我爸那里学来的 虽然不知道他是谁 |
[06:34] | Come on. It’s just two days. | 拜托 就两天而已 |
[06:36] | Two days? No way. | 两天? 没门 |
[06:38] | No freaking way. | 绝对不可能 |
[06:40] | There’s a buffet and a dessert bar. | 这里有自助餐和甜点吧 |
[06:41] | Ooh, okay. | 没问题 |
[06:44] | Wait here, I’ll go pay. I brought some cash. | 等一下 我去交钱 我带了点现金 |
[06:46] | And they’ll take an expired Target gift card, right? | 过期的超市礼品卡也能用的 对吧? |
[06:48] | Oh, we are not paying. | 我们才不交钱 |
[06:51] | Here. Here, Pamela. | 这里 给你 Pamela |
[06:53] | Follow Ellen to the freight elevator. | 跟着Ellen去货运电梯吧 |
[06:55] | No way, Max. We are not sneaking in. | 不行 Max 我们不能溜进去 |
[06:58] | – How much is this thing? – $1,000. | – 这玩意儿多少钱? – 一千刀 |
[07:00] | We’re sneaking in, Ellen. | 我们得溜进去 Ellen |
[07:10] | Now, you all are here today | 各位 你们今天在此 |
[07:11] | not only to find out what you are as a business | 不只是要找到自己在商业中的定位 |
[07:14] | but to find out who you are. | 还要找到人生方向 |
[07:17] | I’m a lady hoping there’s macaroni and cheese | 我的人生目标就是希望自助餐 |
[07:19] | at that buffet. | 有通心粉和奶酪 |
[07:20] | Who are you is your brand, | 你自己就是品牌 |
[07:23] | and saying that a brand is simply a name | 说品牌不过是个名字 |
[07:24] | is like saying Abraham Lincoln is simply a name, | 就好像说亚伯拉罕・林肯不过就是代号而已 |
[07:28] | or Mahatma Gandhi, God. | 还有圣雄甘地 上帝 |
[07:32] | Who does this guy think he is? | 这家伙以为自己是谁啊? |
[07:35] | I’m sure you’re wondering, “who does this guy think he is?” | 你肯定正在想 “这家伙以为自己是谁啊?” |
[07:40] | Okay, that was weird. | 好吧 这也太诡异了 |
[07:41] | Or maybe this seems weird. | 或者是想着这挺诡异的 |
[07:46] | I’ve got chills. | 我起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[07:48] | When it comes to business, | 一谈到生意 |
[07:49] | people come up to me all the time. | 大家总是来找我 |
[07:50] | They say, “Gordon, business is hard, | 他们说 “Gordon 做生意太难了 |
[07:52] | but I do what I can.” | 但我已经尽力了” |
[07:54] | And they shrug. Now, is that the right attitude? | 然后他们耸耸肩 请问 这是正确的态度吗? |
[07:57] | – No. – Yes. | – 不是 – 是 |
[08:00] | To those people, I say, “don’t do what you can. | 对这些人 我说 “不要只是尽力 |
[08:03] | Can what you do.” | 要竭尽全力” |
[08:05] | Don’t do what you can. | 不要只是尽力 |
[08:07] | Can what you do! Get it? | 要竭尽全力! 懂了吗? |
[08:09] | Do you get it? | 懂了吗? |
[08:10] | – Yes. – No. | – 是 – 没有 |
[08:12] | – You did not get it. – Shh. | – 你根本没懂 – 嘘 |
[08:14] | All right, everybody, reach under your chairs | 好了 各位 把手伸到座位下面 |
[08:16] | and pick up what you find there. | 看看找到了什么 |
[08:18] | Hope it’s a way out of here. | 希望是出去的方法 |
[08:22] | Koosh balls? | 毛毛球? |
[08:24] | Inside those cans, you will find the key | 在这些罐子里 你能找到 |
[08:27] | to success in your business. | 商业成功的方法 |
[08:28] | Not unless the key is Rosie O’Donnell’s career | 如果所谓的方法就是罗茜・奥唐纳 |
[08:31] | before her buzz cut. | 剪西瓜头前的样子 |
[08:34] | Truth. | 真诚 |
[08:35] | That’s the big secret to business. | 这就是生意的秘诀 |
[08:37] | If people buy what you’re saying, | 如果人们相信你的话 |
[08:39] | they will buy what you’re selling. | 他们就会去买你的货 |
[08:42] | Max, stay alert. This could go to cult like that. | Max 好好听 这分分钟变成商业圣会 |
[08:45] | I like to think of those things you’re holding | 我喜欢把你们手中拿着的东西 |
[08:47] | as my truth balls. | 视为我的真理球 |
[08:55] | Screw this. Let’s get to the meatballs. | 得了吧 不如直接说是肉丸 |
[08:59] | Anytime in the next two days, | 在接下来的两天里 |
[09:00] | one of you is up here selling you something | 你们中随时有人会上台来推销 |
[09:02] | that you feel is just bull, | 你觉得是胡说八道的东西 |
[09:04] | Then toss it… | 那就扔出去… |
[09:06] | Max! | Max啊! |
[09:07] | I mean, Ellen! | 我是说 Ellen! |
[09:10] | Yeah, baby. | 没错 亲 |
[09:14] | That is what I’m talking about. | 我说的就是这样 |
[09:16] | Whoever threw that is not afraid | 扔球的人是个不畏艰险 |
[09:18] | to really go for it, | 勇往直前的人 |
[09:19] | And that will go a long way | 这会助她在成功路上 |
[09:20] | toward success in business. | 走很远的 |
[09:22] | All right, cool, but it is a long way to the buffet? | 好吧 但是去自助的路远吗? |
[09:24] | ‘Cause I am starving. | 因为老娘都快饿死了 |
[09:29] | Okay, everyone. | 好了 各位 |
[09:30] | consider these small groups you’ve broken into | 把这些你们分成的小组 |
[09:32] | as little think tanks. | 视为小的智囊团们 |
[09:34] | I need you to work together and bring out your very best. | 我希望你们齐心协力想出最好的点子 |
[09:38] | Max! | Max啊! |
[09:40] | Don’t blame me. | 别怪我 |
[09:41] | Blame the heavy cream at the fettuccini bar. | 要怪意大利宽面上的奶油太多 |
[09:43] | Alfredo must be Italian for “roofie.” | 意大利人肯定把芝士当”安眠药”了 |
[09:48] | So, Ellen, tell us what you have, | 那么 Ellen 告诉我们你会什么 |
[09:50] | and I’ll tell you what we think. | 我就告诉你我们的想法 |
[09:53] | Oh, Ellen. That’s you. | 哦 Ellen 说你呢 |
[09:54] | Oh, oh, yes, yes, that’s me. | 哦哦 对 是我 |
[09:56] | I’m Ellen. Definitely an Ellen. | 我是Ellen 如假包换的Ellen |
[09:58] | See, I dance. | 看到没 我会跳舞 |
[10:04] | Okay. | 很好 |
[10:07] | Okay. Okay, now it’s weird. | 好吧 这下真的好尴尬 |
[10:11] | So, Ellen… | 那么 Ellen… |
[10:15] | Let’s hear your B.B.B…. | 让我们听听你的BBB论… |
[10:17] | Your brilliant business brand. | 你才智卓绝的生意品牌 |
[10:20] | Uh… | 呃… |
[10:23] | I… I don’t do the talking. Pamela does the talking. | 我… 我平常不说话 Pamela负责发言 |
[10:26] | – Pam? – Thanks, Ellen. | – Pam? – 谢谢 Ellen |
[10:27] | Hello, everyone, my name is Pam Panning, | 大家好 我叫Pam Panning |
[10:32] | And what my partner, Ellen, was trying to say is, | 我的生意伙伴 Ellen 想说的是 |
[10:34] | we making very beautiful artisan cupcakes. | 我们做的杯糕工艺精湛 |
[10:37] | Yeah, but they’re still cool. | 没错 但同时很酷 |
[10:39] | I never said they weren’t cool. | 我也没说它们不酷啊 |
[10:41] | Yeah, mm, maybe they just didn’t sound cool | 哼 或许因为从你嘴里说出来 |
[10:43] | coming out of your face. | 就显得不酷了 |
[10:47] | I’m sorry, but at least actual words | 不好意思 至少能说出话 |
[10:48] | Are better than, “uh, uh-uh, uh…” | 好过你的”呃呃呃…” |
[10:51] | Ladies, hold. | 女士们 暂停一下 |
[10:53] | Sometimes in business | 有时在生意上 |
[10:54] | partner’ ships will sail in two different directions, | 合作伙伴就像是两艘驶向不同方向的船 |
[10:59] | so you two need to find out if you’re gonna continue | 这时你们需要明确 你们是 |
[11:01] | to sail apart or if you’re gonna change course | 分道扬镳 还是转变航线 |
[11:04] | and reconvene at the port of mutual understanding. | 重新达成共识 |
[11:08] | Well, we can’t sail too far apart | 我俩没法分得太开 |
[11:10] | ’cause I’m definitely gonna have to explain | 因为我肯定还得跟她解释 |
[11:12] | what you just said to her. | 你刚刚说的话 |
[11:15] | I got it. | 我听懂了 |
[11:17] | I’m a boat, and I’m trying to get away from you. | 我是艘船 而且我想要离你远点 |
[11:20] | Sounds right to me. | 说得太对了 |
[11:23] | Think it over. | 好好想想 |
[11:24] | Talk it over with your first mate. | 跟你的大副商量一下 |
[11:29] | Come back tomorrow | 明天回来 |
[11:30] | and tell me who your business is, | 告诉我你们的生意是什么 |
[11:33] | and I’ll help guide you toward that purpose. | 我会指导你们朝着目标前进 |
[11:35] | And remember, you can’t purpose without… | 记住 你要想爆发 就得… |
[11:37] | – Puss. – Okay, wow. | – 找个阴道 – 好了 够了 |
[11:40] | Gordon, her boat’s kind of in shallow water right now, | Gordon 她的船现在像是进入浅水区了 |
[11:43] | but we’re gonna go away, get it together, | 但我们准备回去 达成共识 |
[11:45] | and come back and blow you away. | 再回来让你大吃一惊 |
[11:47] | And you can’t spell “blow you away” without… | “大吃一惊”需要… |
[11:49] | Our ship’s leaving. | 我们的船要开走了 |
[11:54] | Oh, hello. | 哦 你们好 |
[11:55] | Welcome to the Williamsburg diner. | 欢迎来到威廉斯堡小餐厅 |
[11:57] | Can I get you anything, like a work ethic? | 请问需要来点什么 比如说职业道德? |
[12:03] | Han, this is adorable, but we’re busy. | Han 你真是太可爱了 但我们忙着呢 |
[12:05] | We’re pitching our business brand tomorrow, | 我们正在定位我们的商业品牌 |
[12:07] | and Max and I need to get on the same page. | 我和Max需要达成共识 |
[12:09] | Yeah, we don’t want to work here | 没错 我们不想下半辈子 |
[12:10] | the rest of our lives. | 还在这里干活 |
[12:12] | Well, now we’re all on the same page. | 现在我们达成共识了 |
[12:15] | Han, just give us ten minutes. | Han 给我们十分钟就好 |
[12:17] | Then we’ll get to work. | 然后我们就回去工作 |
[12:18] | Well, I’ve waited four years. | 好吧 我都等了四年了 |
[12:19] | What’s another ten minutes? | 再等十分钟又怎样? |
[12:22] | Max, I have to say I was a little thrown | Max 我不得不说我被你 |
[12:24] | by that thing you said today. | 今天说的话给吓到了 |
[12:26] | What, that the best sex I’ve ever had | 哪句 我说我最棒的性体验是 |
[12:28] | was alone on the tilt-a-whirl? | 自己独自坐大摆锤的时候? |
[12:30] | No, why would that throw me? You say that every day. | 不 这怎么吓得了我 你每天都这么说的 |
[12:34] | No, that thing about me not sounding cool. | 不 是你说我听起来不酷的那话儿 |
[12:36] | Why would that throw you? I say it every day. | 这句怎么吓到你了? 我每天都说这种话 |
[12:40] | Yes, but not about the business. | 对 但以前说的不是做生意 |
[12:42] | So what was it? The word “artisan”? | 这叫什么来着? “艺工”? |
[12:44] | Okay, first of all, it sounds like fart-isan, | 首先 它听起来像”屁工” |
[12:50] | As in, “a fart is in this room right now.” | 好比”现在这里就有人放了个屁” |
[12:54] | Somebody finally called you out on it, Caroline. | 终于有人跟你说出这话了 Caroline |
[13:00] | So I was thinking our slogan could be, | 所以我想的口号是 |
[13:02] | “Max’s homemade cupcakes. Sugar and spice.” | “Max自制的纸杯蛋糕 又甜又香” |
[13:05] | I’d rather go with fart-isan. | 我宁愿用”屁工” |
[13:08] | Really, beavis? | 真的吗 瘪四? |
[13:08] | Beavis and Butt-head:瘪四与大头蛋 重口卡通片 | |
[13:09] | What does your business partner butthead think? | 你的合作伙伴大头蛋是怎么想的? |
[13:12] | Our business isn’t working. | 我们的店都没什么活儿 |
[13:14] | Well, guess who is working. | 猜猜谁在干活 |
[13:16] | Me, the damn owner. | 是我 餐厅老板 |
[13:20] | Why are you surprised? | 你惊讶什么? |
[13:21] | You know how many cupcakes were not selling. | 你知道有多少纸杯蛋糕卖不出去 |
[13:23] | I mean, you’re secretly eating at least six a night | 你一晚上至少偷吃六个蛋糕 |
[13:26] | to make me think we’re selling more. | 好让我以为我们卖得更多了 |
[13:28] | Also ’cause I’m sad. | 也因为我心情不好 |
[13:31] | Look, I know you went to Wharton and all, but… | 听着 我知道你上过沃顿商学院 但是… |
[13:34] | Wait… | 等等.., |
[13:36] | What’s happening? | 什么情况? |
[13:38] | Is this a business intervention on me? | 这是对我的商业干预吗? |
[13:42] | From someone who pronounces | 从那个把”生意” |
[13:43] | the word business “bidness”? | 读成”伤意”的人嘴里说出? |
[13:47] | Why are you giving me the big eye-painting face? | 你干嘛一副瞪大眼睛的表情? |
[13:49] | You knew the business wasn’t working. | 你知道我们的生意不好 |
[13:51] | Well, I don’t hear you coming up with any ideas. | 但我没听你提过任何想法 |
[13:53] | That’s ’cause you don’t listen. | 那是因为你从来不听 |
[13:55] | Remember when I said we should stop making | 我说过我们应该不再做 |
[13:56] | all these flowery cupcakes | 那种花哨的纸杯蛋糕 |
[13:57] | and just make ones that say mean things | 而是直接写上刻薄的话 |
[13:59] | like “eat it” and “lick me”? | 比如”去死” “舔我”? |
[14:02] | Your big business plan is cupcakes | 你宏大的生意计划就是在蛋糕上 |
[14:04] | that say “eat it” and “lick me”? | 写”去死”和”舔我”? |
[14:07] | And other funny things like “loser” | 还有别的 比如说”�潘�” |
[14:09] | or “eat your feelings.” | 或者是”回味无穷” |
[14:11] | Hmm, why not just shoot people in the face | 嗯 那还不如在顾客来到窗边时 |
[14:13] | when they come to the window? | 直接射他们一脸呢? |
[14:15] | And I thought the back of our t-shirt | 我觉得我们的衬衫后面 |
[14:17] | could just say, “cream filled.” | 可以写上”奶油爆满” |
[14:21] | So funny if, like, a hot girl was wearing it. | 如果如果一个性感妞穿着 会很有趣的 |
[14:24] | And even funnier if it was a fat guy. | 如果是个胖子穿着就更搞笑了 |
[14:28] | Okay, maybe like Gordon said, | 好吧 也许就像Gordon说的 |
[14:31] | our partner ships are going in different directions. | 我们的合作之船 驶向不同的地方了 |
[14:34] | My sugar and spice ship is going one way, | 我的”又甜又香”号驶向一边 |
[14:36] | and your mean and ugly booze cruise | 而你的”尖酸刻薄”号 |
[14:38] | is going another. | 驶向了另一边 |
[14:39] | So how about tomorrow, I’ll sail my ship, | 要不明天这样 我开我的船 |
[14:42] | and you can sail yours, Ellen. | 你开你的船 Ellen |
[14:44] | Done. | 没问题 |
[14:46] | And, Pam, I know you think your ship don’t sink, | 对了 Pam 我知道你觉得自己的船不会沉 |
[14:48] | but it does. | 但它真的会沉 |
[14:59] | So, Hannah, Todd, go. | Hannah和Todd 开始吧 |
[15:03] | Tell us, who is your business? | 告诉我们 你们的生意是什么? |
[15:07] | We make guitar case suitcases. | 我们做的是吉他包旅行包 |
[15:10] | Yeah, they’re suitcases that look like guitar cases | 没错 那是外形像吉他包的旅行包 |
[15:15] | So you can look cool at the airport. | 这样你就可以在机场装酷 |
[15:19] | So far, no truth balls. | 目前为止 没有真理球 |
[15:20] | That means we believe you’re telling some truth | 这意味着大家相信你们所描述的生意理念 |
[15:23] | of who you are. | 是有道理的 |
[15:24] | Business is always… | 做生意总是… |
[15:26] | Okay then. | 好吧 |
[15:28] | So what, their big idea | 这有什么 他们的想法 |
[15:29] | is just throwing your crap in a guitar case? | 不就是把你的杂物都塞进一个吉他包里? |
[15:31] | Well, it’s no fart-isan cupcake. | 起码不是”屁工”纸杯蛋糕 |
[15:34] | Todd, Hannah, did you get together with our graphic artist | Todd和Hannah 你们有没有跟我们的艺术家一起 |
[15:37] | to help create a logo? | 设计一个商标呢? |
[15:38] | Yes, we did. | 有 我们设计出了 |
[15:40] | We stayed up all night, and to be honest, | 我们花了整个通宵 说实话 |
[15:42] | it got kind of weird. | 商标有点奇怪 |
[15:46] | That’s our logo, | 这就是我们的商标 |
[15:47] | And our company’s called “I’m with the band.” | 我们公司就叫”我和乐队是一伙的” |
[15:54] | Back off! | 够了! |
[15:56] | She just got out of rehab. | 她刚从康复中心出来 |
[16:00] | Business is not for the faint of heart | 胆小鬼是做不成生意的 |
[16:03] | or coke addicts. | 瘾君子也不能做生意 |
[16:06] | Next up, we’ve got Ellen and Pam. | 下一组 我们有请Ellen和Pam |
[16:07] | Let’s give ’em some love. | 给点儿掌声鼓励她们一下 |
[16:09] | Max, you’re really not gonna go up there | Max 你真的不能到上面去 |
[16:11] | and sell your idea as a business plan. | 把你的想法当做生意卖点 |
[16:12] | Yup, and I feel pretty good about it. | 当然能 而且我的感觉很好 |
[16:16] | Okay, well, then I hope you enjoy lots of balls | 好吧 希望你会希望被扔得 |
[16:18] | in your face. | 满脸蛋蛋 |
[16:19] | If I didn’t at Burning Man, | 在火人节我都能安然度过 |
[16:21] | I doubt I will here. | 在这里我也能行 |
[16:24] | Gordon, hi. | Gordon 嗨 |
[16:25] | As you predicted, | 就像你预测的那样 |
[16:25] | today we’ll be presenting our brands separately. | 我们今天要分开展示我们的品牌 |
[16:28] | Okay, looks like we have us a brand off, folks. | 好的 看来今天有一个品牌要被淘汰了 伙计们 |
[16:31] | This is exciting. | 太刺激了 |
[16:32] | I am feeling it! | 我都心花怒放了! |
[16:37] | Ellen, I know you’re not used to being alone. | Ellen 我知道你不太习惯孤单 |
[16:39] | Neither was I, hence wife number three. | 我以前也不习惯 所以有了第三个老婆 |
[16:43] | Don’t rush. | 别着急 |
[16:44] | Take some time to get yourself centered. | 把大家的注意力拉回你自己身上 |
[16:47] | Yo, yo, yo! What’s happening, Sheridan! | 哟 哟 哟! 切克闹! |
[16:50] | Ellen in the house. | 美女Ellen驾到 |
[16:51] | Let me hear some noise. | 热烈掌声响起来 |
[16:53] | Yeah. Oh! All right, all right. | 噢! 好啦 好啦 |
[16:55] | We got some haters. That’s cool. | 这里有几个喷子 但没关系 |
[16:58] | Ellen, did you design a logo? | Ellen 你设计商标了吗? |
[17:00] | Sure did. Show it, player. | 当然 给他们看看 放幻灯片的 |
[17:04] | George, she’s talking to you. | George 她在跟你说话呢 |
[17:08] | Oh, good impact. | 噢 视觉效果还不错 |
[17:10] | Boom, cupcake business. | 砰 一看就知道是买蛋糕的 |
[17:11] | But, um… | 但是… |
[17:13] | Where’s the name of your business. | 你店铺的名字在哪儿 |
[17:15] | Oh, I didn’t want one. | 姐儿不需要 |
[17:17] | I just wanted it to be cool. | 姐儿就是要这种酷酷的感觉 |
[17:21] | So let me get this correct. | 让我来解释一下 |
[17:23] | You want to make T-shirts for your business | 你想用T恤为你的生意宣传 |
[17:25] | With no business connection. | 但T恤和你的生意又没有关联 |
[17:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:28] | This is your journey, but it might end here. | 这是你的从商之路 但到这可能就结束了 |
[17:31] | No, no, no, see, it’s a cupcake, | 不 不 不 看见没 上面是纸杯蛋糕 |
[17:34] | and we sell cupcakes, so that’s the “bidness.” | 我们卖的是纸杯蛋糕 所以这是我们的”伤业” |
[17:40] | Okay, you know what? Screw this! | 好吧 你猜怎么着? 老娘不干了! |
[17:43] | That t-shirt is way cool, and if you can’t see it, | 那件T恤酷毙了 如果你们体会不到 |
[17:46] | this seminar is so not worth the $1,000 I paid. | 这个培训根本不值我花一千块钱 |
[17:52] | Peace out. | 拜拜 |
[17:56] | In business, we call that a meltdown. | 在生意圈儿里 我们管这个叫倒闭 |
[18:00] | It happens. | 时有发生 |
[18:02] | So why don’t we bring up Ellen’s former partner Pam. | 下面有请Ellen的前合伙人Pam |
[18:05] | Let’s give Pam a round of applause. | 让我们热烈欢迎Pam |
[18:07] | Max, I don’t have to go up there. | Max 我没必要到上面去了 |
[18:09] | Come on, we can just leave. | 走吧 我们离开这 |
[18:10] | Oh, look who wants | 看看是谁 |
[18:11] | to pack up their guitar suitcase and go. | 要卷起铺盖走人了 |
[18:13] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[18:15] | I was only leaving ’cause you failed. | 我想离开是因为你失败了 |
[18:16] | I believe in my ideas. | 我对自己的点子很有信心 |
[18:20] | Good afternoon. Hello, hi. | 大家下午好 |
[18:22] | I represent Max’s homemade cupcakes. | 我是 Max自制纸杯蛋糕店的代表 |
[18:24] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 我要打断你一下 |
[18:26] | Why Max’s cupcakes? | 为什么是Max蛋糕店 |
[18:28] | Why not Ellen’s or Pam’s? | 为什么不是Ellen或者Pam蛋糕店? |
[18:30] | Well, um… | 嗯… |
[18:32] | Max was… Max is this very special person | Max是… Max是一位很特别的人 |
[18:36] | and the inspiration behind our whole business. | 是她启发了我们做这个生意 |
[18:39] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[18:40] | So Max is an emotional touchstone | 所以Max 是你和你生意的 |
[18:41] | for you and your business. | 感情纽带 |
[18:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:45] | Valid. Go on. | 好理由 继续说 |
[18:46] | Great. | 好的 |
[18:47] | So the logo… | 咱们看看商标… |
[18:50] | George. | George 请 |
[18:53] | This is our current company logo, | 这是我们公司目前的商标 |
[18:55] | and I feel it works just fine. | 我感觉用它挺好的 |
[18:56] | I mean, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? | 只要它没烂没破 就用不着理了 对吧? |
[19:00] | Okay. | 行啦 |
[19:02] | Well, the cupcake shows a mix of sweet imagery | 我们的纸杯蛋糕是甜蜜的象征 |
[19:06] | Because we’re two girls trying to retro-repurpose the phrase | 因为我们两个女孩一直想让 |
[19:09] | “sugar and spice and everything nice.” | “香香甜甜 美好无限”这句话再火一把 |
[19:13] | Hey, hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! | 嘿 嘿! 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿! |
[19:15] | Leave Pam alone! | 别扔了! |
[19:16] | I’m fine, Ellen. | 我没事 Ellen |
[19:18] | They can’t shut me down, because I believe in us | 他们打不倒我 因为我对我们 |
[19:19] | and our special brand of artisan cupcakes. | 以及我们精美的手工纸杯蛋糕有信心 |
[19:22] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:31] | Give me! | 话筒给我! |
[19:32] | Eat it, you losers! Eat it, eat it! | 去死吧 你们这群�潘� 去死 去死! |
[19:36] | I see the truth balls have stopped. | 我发现没人朝你们扔真理球了 |
[19:39] | It looks like “eat it, eat it, you losers.” | 看来”去死 去死 �潘棵�” |
[19:43] | might just be your brand. | 可以做你们的品牌 |
[19:47] | You two are a combination of sugar and spice | 你们两个就是一个香甜组合 |
[19:50] | and things not so nice. | 但是世事并不美好 |
[19:53] | Speaking of truth, I need you to pay Sandra for the seminar. | 说到真相 你们要把培训的钱补交给Sandra |
[19:56] | As much as I admire your pluck, | 我十分敬佩你们的勇气 |
[19:58] | 12 trips to the pasta bar aren’t free. | 但是你们吃了十二次的意大利面不是免费 |
[20:02] | – Come on, Pam. – Yeah, let’s go, Ellen. | – 走吧 Pam – 好的 我们走 Ellen |
[20:04] | I’m Ellen. | 我就是Ellen |
[20:13] | Guess what I have under my coat. | 猜猜我大衣里面是什么 |
[20:15] | Well, I know it’s not a boob reduction. | 反正你不会去做缩胸手术 |
[20:18] | What do you think? Cool, huh? | 你觉得怎么样? 很酷 是吧? |
[20:20] | Aw, man, somebody already makes that? | 噢 该死的 已经有人做这种T恤了? |
[20:22] | Oh, bummer. | 太遗憾了 |
[20:23] | This is like when I thought I invented chip-wiches. | 就像以前我以为是自己发明了土豆条三明治 |
[20:26] | Should’ve known. I was eating one at the time. | 其实早该知道的 我以前都吃过一次了 |
[20:29] | No, Max, this is your shirt. | 不 Max 这是你发明的T恤 |
[20:31] | I got the rendering from the seminar | 我在研讨会上拿到了你的设计 |
[20:32] | and had it made it | 然后把它做了出来 |
[20:34] | We can make anything in “Under An Hour.” | 我们在”快又好”可以做任何东西 |
[20:36] | You know, that place under the bridge | 你知道的 就在你被捕的那座桥下面 |
[20:38] | near the underage bar where you got under arrest. | 那间未成年酒吧的旁边 |
[20:41] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[20:42] | Oh, no way. That’s hot. | 真不敢相信 太性感了 |
[20:44] | I know, and a girl at the place | 我知道 那地方还有个女孩子 |
[20:46] | asked me where she could get one. | 还问我在哪儿能买到呢 |
[20:48] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[20:49] | Kind of in love with myself right now. | 我都有点儿爱上我自己了 |
[20:53] | Hey, what made you change your mind about the T-shirts? | 嘿 是什么让你改变了对那个T恤的看法? |
[20:55] | Well, one of the things I learned at wharton | 我在沃顿商学院学到的一件事就是 |
[20:56] | is that success depends on staying open | 成功取决于要听取更好的创意 |
[20:58] | to a better idea, even if it’s not yours. | 即使这创意不是你想出来的 |
[21:01] | Aw. And here. | 对了 你也有一件 |
[21:03] | I thought you’d rather a black one. | 我觉得你应该喜欢黑色的 |
[21:05] | On Tinder and in life. | 在约炮软件和生活中都适用 |