英文名称:Ammonite
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:54] | Move! | 让开 |
[02:02] | Thank you, gentlemen. Gently, if you please. | 谢谢各位 烦请轻点 |
[02:10] | 海蜥蜴 挖掘者 玛丽·安宁女士 莱姆里吉斯 | |
[02:17] | 鱼龙 莱姆里吉斯 捐赠者 H·霍斯特·亨里先生 | |
[02:52] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[03:14] | Shouldn’t you be out? | 你不出去工作吗 |
[03:18] | We could do with more shells. | 你得多捡点贝壳 |
[03:21] | Them little ammonites, tourist tut. | 那种小菊石 招揽游客 |
[03:25] | And driftwood. | 还有浮木 |
[03:29] | Before I catch my death. | 再不去我就死了 |
[06:23] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[09:33] | Yes. | 什么事 |
[09:34] | No, please, don’t let me disturb you. | 不不 别让我打扰您 |
[09:36] | – I am very content to watch you work. – The shop’s closed, sir. | -我很乐意看您工作 -商店关门了 先生 |
[09:40] | It’s wonderful, isn’t it? | 漂亮极了 不是吗 |
[09:41] | Cornu ammonis? | 是海马角吗 |
[09:43] | Ammonite. | 是菊石 |
[09:46] | It’s a broken one. | 碎掉了 |
[09:47] | It’s still a fine specimen. | 但它还是上好的标本 |
[09:48] | Is there something you wanted, sir? | 您有什么需要吗 先生 |
[09:51] | Sorry. Please, let me introduce myself, | 抱歉 容我自我介绍一下 |
[09:53] | Miss Anning. Roderick Murchison. | 安宁女士 我是罗德里克·默奇森 |
[09:58] | I must confess I’m a little in awe. | 必须承认我有些敬畏之情 |
[10:01] | Your reputation is something I’ve often heard discussed | 您声名远扬 在伦敦地理学会 |
[10:04] | in the Geographical Society in London. | 是大家热议的话题人物 |
[10:08] | – All boys together. – Yes, well… | -那个男人的天下 -这个嘛… |
[10:11] | Quite. | 的确 |
[10:12] | But your insights, your skills, are legendary | 但您的洞察力和技巧享有盛名 |
[10:16] | and I thought for my archaeological tour of the Continent, | 我自忖自己的欧陆考古之旅 |
[10:19] | how could I miss the opportunity to meet you? | 怎可错过来拜访您的机会呢 |
[10:23] | And here you are. | 所以我来了 |
[10:26] | At your work. | 观摩您工作 |
[10:28] | I was under the impression that fine London gentlemen | 我以为伦敦学界的绅士们 |
[10:30] | were no longer interested in my sea creature relics. | 对我的海洋生物化石研究不再感兴趣了 |
[10:33] | Fashion moved on, did it not? | 潮流已经变了 不是吗 |
[10:37] | Quite. I’m afraid I’m a bit of a late starter. | 的确 我入门就有点晚 |
[10:40] | And how could I not want to meet | 我怎么可能不想来见见 |
[10:42] | “The presiding deity of Lyme”? | “莱姆之神”呢 |
[10:46] | It’d be customary for a gentleman to write to me | 绅士应该按照礼俗 写信预约拜访时间 |
[10:50] | to make an appointment before arriving unannounced. | 而不是直接登门 做不速之客 |
[10:53] | – Yes, unforgivable. – Could you not fiddle with that? | -是的 不可原谅 -别乱动那个好吗 |
[10:58] | Sorry. May I introduce my wife, Mrs. Charlotte Murchison? | 抱歉 容我介绍内人 夏洛特·默奇森夫人 |
[11:08] | Sir, as you can see, I don’t excavate larger pieces any more. | 先生 如您所见 我不再挖大块化石了 |
[11:11] | I’ve seen that particular relic in the British Museum. | 我在大英博物馆看过那块化石 |
[11:14] | A complete ichthyosaurus. Am I correct? | 完整的鱼龙化石 对吗 |
[11:17] | And that’s one of yours? | 是您的挖掘成果吗 |
[11:21] | It’s fascinating. | 太有意思了 |
[11:24] | I would love to purchase this ammonite from you, | 我想从您手中买下这块菊石 |
[11:28] | but I must be honest. | 但我也得说实话 |
[11:30] | What I would dearly appreciate is the opportunity | 我非常希望能和您 |
[11:33] | to spend some time working with you on the shore, | 一起去岸边 共同挖掘化石 |
[11:37] | seeing what you see. | 亲身体会您的工作 |
[11:42] | I don’t conduct guided tours any more. | 我己经不做导游了 |
[11:44] | I’m not a tourist, Miss Anning, I’m a scientist, like you. | 我不是游客 安宁女士 我和您一样是科学家 |
[11:47] | A man of the new world and I’m here to learn all I can from you. | 新世界的人 我来这里是为了向您学习 |
[11:52] | And, of course, I am more than happy to recompense you for your time. | 当然 我非常乐意对您的时间给予补偿 |
[11:58] | And, obviously, as it’s an inconvenience to yourself, | 显然 这造成了您的不便 |
[12:01] | I would be able to pay a premium for a private audience. | 我可以支付一笔额外费来单人观摩 |
[12:05] | As well as the purchase of this fine ammonite, of course. | 当然还有购买这块上好的菊石的钱 |
[12:12] | It’s not easy work. | 这活可不容易 |
[12:14] | – Good. – I can’t promise we’ll find anything. | -明白 -我不能保证会有收获 |
[12:18] | Naturally. | 那是自然 |
[12:22] | – Very well. – Splendid! | -那好吧 -太好了 |
[12:29] | You’ve no idea what this means to me. | 您无法想象这对我来说意味着什么 |
[12:32] | My friends will be most envious. | 我的朋友们会嫉妒死的 |
[13:39] | – Do you have a quieter dining room? – Yes, sir, but… | -你们有安静点的餐厅吗 -有 先生 但… |
[13:42] | This music’s a little overwhelming for the situation. | 这音乐对我们来说有点吵了 |
[13:45] | – Couldn’t we… – Don’t make a fuss. | -能不能… -别闹 |
[13:59] | – What is the soup? – Hare. | -今天是什么汤 -野兔汤 |
[14:01] | I’ll have the oysters. Are they larded? | 我要牡蛎 抹油了吗 |
[14:03] | A la mode, sir. | 最流行的做法 先生 |
[14:04] | Perfect. And the beef. Rare. | 很好 还要牛肉 一分熟 |
[14:08] | – Very good, sir. – Braised celery, boiled potatoes. | -好的 先生 -炖芹菜 煮土豆 |
[14:11] | Pouring cream for the potatoes. Would you bring your wine list? | 土豆浇上奶油 请给我酒单 |
[14:14] | No, wait. Just bring me a bottle of the claret. | 不用了 给我一瓶波尔多红葡萄酒就好 |
[14:16] | We have the ’26 or ’35. | 我们有26年和35年的 |
[14:20] | The ’35. | 要35年的 |
[14:25] | And my wife will have some plain white fish. Baked. No sauce. | 给我夫人来一份白鱼 烤的 不放酱汁 |
[16:39] | It’s not the right time to make another baby. | 现在可不适合再要一个孩子 |
[17:05] | Miss Anning. | 安宁女士 |
[17:08] | Miss Anning. | 安宁女士 |
[17:11] | Sorry. Am I late? | 抱歉 我迟到了吗 |
[17:13] | – The old woman in your shop… – My mother. | -您店里的那位老妇… -是我母亲 |
[17:15] | Of course. I do beg your pardon. | 当然 请见谅 |
[17:17] | Your mother said I would find you here. | 您母亲告诉我您在这里 |
[17:20] | It was a bright morning, and the tide was out. I couldn’t wait. | 今早天气不错 潮也退了 我等不及了 |
[17:24] | Yes, of course. I just didn’t want to miss anything. | 当然 我只是不想错过什么 |
[17:29] | Well, you’re here now. | 反正你已经来了 |
[17:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:59] | Nothing. | 什么都不是 |
[18:02] | Beef. | 纤维状方解石 |
[18:04] | Limestone. | 石灰石 |
[18:06] | – Calcite crystal. – And this? | -方解石晶体 -这个呢 |
[18:12] | Look here. | 看这里 |
[18:13] | There is a little ammonite inside, | 这里面有一块小菊石 |
[18:15] | but that dimple tells me it will be crushed. | 但这个小坑说明它已经碎了 |
[18:19] | You could chip it out, but it won’t be any good. | 也可以把它凿出来 但没什么用了 |
[18:25] | Oh, that’s nice. | 这个好 |
[18:27] | Coprolite. Very nice. | 粪化石 非常好 |
[18:29] | I’m not familiar with this type. | 我对这种化石不太熟悉 |
[18:32] | If you look very carefully, | 你要是看得够仔细 |
[18:34] | you can see tiny fish bones. | 就能看到非常细小的鱼骨头 |
[18:40] | Those little black flecks… | 这些小黑斑… |
[18:43] | they’re scales. | 都是鳞屑 |
[18:44] | That’ll polish up very nice. | 打磨之后会很漂亮 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:47] | – But what is it? – Fossilized feces. | -不过这是什么 -粪便的化石 |
[18:50] | – Pardon? – Yes, Mr. Murchison. | -什么 -没错 默奇森先生 |
[18:53] | Shit. | 是屎 |
[18:55] | The tide will be coming in soon. We ought to be getting back. | 很快就要涨潮了 我们该回去了 |
[19:07] | Charlotte, look what I found with Miss Anning. | 夏洛特 看看我跟安宁女士发现了什么 |
[19:12] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[19:17] | – What are you doing? – Taking you out of this stinking room. | -你干什么 -屋里臭烘烘的 我要带你出去 |
[19:20] | – I don’t want to. – I’m afraid that’s no longer a choice. | -我不想出去 -这恐怕由不得你 |
[19:59] | We can’t continue like this, Charlotte. You’re like a shadow. | 我们不能继续这样下去 夏洛特 你像个鬼魂 |
[20:02] | It simply won’t do. | 这样不行 |
[20:04] | It’s madness for me to expect you | 你现在这种情况 |
[20:06] | to be well enough to accompany me abroad. | 指望你陪我跨国旅行是异想天开 |
[20:08] | – It seems you need more time for your convalescence. – Roddy… | -看来你需要更多时间来康复 -罗德 |
[20:14] | Lyme appears to be the perfect place for you. | 莱姆似乎就是最适合你的地方 |
[20:40] | This expedition is extensive. | 这次旅行要跑很多地方 |
[20:43] | You were prescribed rest. | 但给你的医嘱是休息 |
[20:45] | – Sea bathing. – I don’t like the water. | -海水浴 -我不喜欢水 |
[20:48] | Little stimulation. | 避免刺激 |
[20:50] | I want my bright, funny, clever wife back. | 我要我聪明风趣的妻子回来 |
[20:59] | I don’t want to be alone. | 我不想独自一人 |
[21:08] | R·默奇森先生 | |
[21:28] | Is there something else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[21:33] | My wife, Charlotte, | 我夫人夏洛特 |
[21:35] | she hasn’t been at all well of late. | 她近来一直不太好 |
[21:38] | She suffers… | 她得了… |
[21:40] | Well, it’s mild melancholia, perhaps. | 也许是得了轻微的忧郁症 |
[21:44] | The doctor prescribed taking the sea air, | 医生建议她呼吸海边的空气 |
[21:46] | but it has been a little slow. | 但她恢复得有点慢 |
[21:48] | I have arranged for her to stay on in Lyme, | 我安排她留在莱姆 |
[21:53] | and although I’m reassured that she will be well cared for, | 虽然我知道她会得到悉心照料 |
[21:57] | she would be alone. | 但她是独自一人 |
[21:59] | I was thinking… hoping, really, | 我想…其实是希望 |
[22:05] | what a wonderful opportunity it would be for her | 她要是能跟您出去走走 |
[22:08] | to walk out with you. | 那就太好了 |
[22:12] | – Walk out? – Yes. | -出去走走 -对 |
[22:14] | Walk the shoreline with you. | 沿着海岸跟您走走 |
[22:16] | – Learn from you. – I’m not looking for an apprentice. | -向您学习 -我不招学徒 |
[22:19] | No, of course not. | 那是当然 |
[22:20] | I am in no position to spend my days caring for an invalid. | 我不能把时间花在照顾病人上 |
[22:23] | No, and… it wouldn’t require you to. | 不是这个意思 您也不需要照顾她 |
[22:28] | You showed me such courtesy yesterday, sharing your knowledge, | 您昨天待我非常礼貌 与我分享知识 |
[22:33] | and I was hoping that you might be able to | 我希望您待我妻子 |
[22:35] | afford my wife the same generosity. | 也能同样慷慨大方 |
[22:39] | You’ll help give her an interest, as it were. | 您能帮她培养出兴趣 |
[22:45] | And it would only be for… four weeks. | 而且只需麻烦您四周时间 |
[22:49] | Perhaps five. | 可能五周 |
[22:52] | But no more than six. | 最多不超过六周 |
[23:12] | Excuse me, Mrs. Murchison, | 不好意思 默奇森夫人 |
[23:14] | but Mr. Murchison instructed me | 默奇森先生让我 |
[23:16] | to help you dress for your day out today. | 今天帮您穿衣出门 |
[23:18] | I’m not going. | 我不去 |
[23:19] | I’m very sorry, Mrs. Murchison, | 非常抱歉 默奇森夫人 |
[23:21] | but Mr. Murchison was most insistent | 默奇森先生 |
[23:23] | I get you up out of bed and dressed immediately. | 坚持让我帮你下床 马上穿好衣服 |
[23:28] | Please don’t throw anything else at me, miss. | 请别再朝我扔东西了 夫人 |
[27:30] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[27:37] | Something. Nothing. | 可能有东西 可能什么都不是 |
[27:40] | Shouldn’t you excavate it? | 你不去把它挖出来吗 |
[27:43] | I mean, isn’t that what you do? | 你不就是干这个的吗 |
[27:45] | My husband said that’s what you’re meant to show me. | 我丈夫说让你带我看看 |
[27:47] | Let me be clear. I don’t want you here. | 我把话说清楚 我不想带着你 |
[27:52] | Your husband paid me to take you out with me. | 你丈夫出钱雇我带你出门 |
[27:54] | Doesn’t matter to me if you wanna be here or not. | 我不在乎你想不想来 |
[27:56] | But please don’t question or | 但是拜托你 |
[27:57] | presume to tell me how I conduct my business. | 不要质疑我的工作 指手画脚 |
[27:59] | I came to get help with my illness. To bathe and to walk. | 我是来养病的 来洗海水浴和散步 |
[28:03] | – Not work like a navvy. – Bathe? | -不是来当苦力的 -海水浴 |
[28:06] | Then may I suggest you rid me of your bad company | 那我建议你赶紧甩掉我这个拖累 |
[28:08] | and go get better bathing. | 去洗海水浴吧 |
[28:09] | – My husband… – Your husband left you. | -我丈夫… -你丈夫把你丢下了 |
[28:29] | There looks to be fuck all wrong with you to me. | 我看你脑子病得不轻 |
[29:03] | That’ll do, boy! | 可以了 小子 |
[31:25] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[31:29] | Mother! Fuck! | 母亲 见鬼 |
[31:32] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[31:41] | You’re new. | 你是新来的 |
[31:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:45] | Foreign? | 外国人吗 |
[31:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:56] | There appears to be a high fever. | 她在发高烧 |
[31:57] | Did she take a chill yesterday? | 她昨天着凉了吗 |
[32:00] | – Get wet in the rain, perhaps? – I don’t know. | -或许淋雨了 -我不知道 |
[32:06] | Maybe she went bathing. | 也许她去洗海水浴了 |
[32:08] | Yes, water torture. | 那就是了 水刑 |
[32:12] | She’ll need care. | 她需要人照顾 |
[32:13] | – Night and day. – I’m not a nurse, Doctor. | -日夜照顾 -我不是护士 医生 |
[32:17] | I barely know the woman. | 我跟她不熟 |
[32:22] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[32:26] | Miss Anning, | 安宁女士 |
[32:28] | it is a woman’s position to care for a fellow sister, is it not? | 照顾姐妹是女人的天职 不是吗 |
[32:41] | Make sure you keep her warm, but not too hot. | 一定要给她保暖 但不要太热 |
[32:44] | And cold compresses should help relieve the fever. | 另外冷敷也能帮她退烧 |
[32:47] | I’ll write to her husband and send for her things. | 我会给她丈夫写信 让他把她的东西送来 |
[32:50] | And please do call for me if her condition changes. | 如果她病情有变 请一定要告诉我 |
[32:57] | I’ll bid you a good afternoon. | 我祝你下午愉快 |
[33:22] | How long is she intending on being in residence? | 她打算在这里住多久 |
[33:25] | You should send her home… to that London. | 你应该送她回家 回伦敦那边 |
[33:29] | It’s not our responsibility. | 照顾她不是我们的责任 |
[33:32] | She might die, Mother. | 她可能会死 母亲 |
[33:34] | How are we to survive while you play lady’s maid? | 你扮演女仆期间 我们靠什么过活 |
[33:37] | We’ll manage. | 总能有办法的 |
[33:38] | If she is to be accommodated in my home, | 如果她要住在我家 |
[33:41] | with constant care, and you turfed out of your bed, | 要人日夜照顾 还要占用你的床 |
[33:46] | that husband of hers needs to pay more! | 那她丈夫就得加钱 |
[34:53] | No. | 不 |
[35:03] | No. | 不 |
[35:07] | I didn’t… | 我没… |
[35:09] | I didn’t see her… | 我没看见她… |
[35:15] | in the ground. | 埋在地里 |
[35:22] | It was cold. | 好冷 |
[35:24] | Cold. | 冷 |
[36:17] | 出名的药膏 | |
[37:04] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[37:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:08] | I just need to purchase a jar of salve, please. | 我只是想买一罐药膏 |
[37:11] | Salve? | 药膏 |
[37:13] | It’s not your ma again? | 不会又是你妈吧 |
[37:14] | Poor Molly. Is she worse? | 可怜的莫莉 她病情恶化了吗 |
[37:16] | Do you want to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[37:18] | Just the salve. | 给我药膏就行 |
[37:21] | You look well. | 你气色不错 |
[37:24] | I like your hair longer. It suits you. | 我喜欢你留长发 很适合你 |
[37:29] | I haven’t seen you in church for some time. | 我好些日子没在教堂看见你了 |
[37:33] | Well, I’ve had my work. | 我有工作要忙 |
[37:34] | Mary, work on Sunday? Will God forgive you? | 玛丽 周日还工作 上帝会原谅你吗 |
[37:43] | You know you can always ask me for help. | 你知道你随时可以向我求助 |
[37:45] | I don’t think that’d be such a good idea. | 那恐怕不太明智 |
[37:49] | I just came for the salve, not a sermon. | 我是来买药膏的 不想听你说教 |
[37:53] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[38:07] | Keep your coins. They’re hard earned. | 把钱收好 你挣钱不容易 |
[38:17] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[38:21] | You sure you don’t want to come in? | 你确定不想进来吗 |
[38:30] | Lightning Mary. | 来去匆匆的玛丽 |
[38:34] | Plus ça change. | 变化真大 |
[38:40] | 出名的药膏 | |
[41:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:21] | All very good. | 一切正常 |
[41:22] | Miss Anning, I must commend you. | 安宁女士 我不得不称赞你 |
[41:24] | I did not expect to see Mrs. Murchison | 我没想到默奇森夫人 |
[41:27] | looking quite as radiant as she does. | 这么快就能容光焕发 |
[41:30] | Really. Wonderful work. | 真的 你照顾得很好 |
[41:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:35] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[41:37] | A good pot of strong broth. | 给她喝有营养的浓汤 |
[41:39] | Keep using the salve, | 继续使用药膏 |
[41:40] | gentle exercise and sea air. | 适当锻炼 呼吸海边的空气 |
[41:43] | Try not to excite yourself, Mrs. Murchison. | 避免情绪激动 默奇森夫人 |
[41:47] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:52] | I will call again. | 我会再来拜访的 |
[41:56] | Thank you, Miss Anning. | 谢谢你 安宁女士 |
[44:09] | You’re up. | 你起来了 |
[44:12] | I was thinking perhaps we might | 我在想 或许我们今早 |
[44:15] | go out onto the beach this morning. | 可以去沙滩散步 |
[44:17] | Just take the air. | 出去呼吸新鲜空气 |
[44:20] | If you think I’m strong enough. | 如果你觉得我撑得住的话 |
[44:22] | Do you think you’re strong enough? | 你觉得自己撑得住吗 |
[44:26] | I do, I think. | 我觉得可以 |
[44:29] | Good. | 那就可以 |
[46:50] | Can I help? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[46:55] | You could scrape these. | 你可以帮忙刮皮 |
[47:15] | Maybe you could get some coal. | 要不你去拿点煤吧 |
[47:32] | Outside. | 在外面 |
[49:24] | That looks difficult. | 看起来好难 |
[49:27] | Dull. | 是无聊 |
[49:29] | Cheap tourist fodder. | 廉价的旅行纪念品 |
[49:31] | Can I try? | 我能试试吗 |
[49:47] | Use this… | 用这个… |
[49:50] | to stick them down. | 把它们黏上去 |
[49:56] | This. | 就这样 |
[50:26] | You look tired. | 你看起来一脸疲惫 |
[50:29] | I always look tired. | 我一直都一脸疲惫 |
[50:33] | You look after me like your child. | 你把我当成自己的孩子来照顾 |
[50:41] | You don’t have any? | 你没有孩子吗 |
[50:43] | What a lot of questions. | 怎么这么多问题 |
[50:46] | I might have preferred it when you were unconscious. | 我可能更喜欢你昏迷的时候 |
[50:54] | No. | 没有 |
[50:57] | No children. | 没有孩子 |
[51:03] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[51:05] | For what? | 为什么 |
[51:08] | My mother had ten. | 我母亲有十个孩子 |
[51:14] | I remember six of them dying. | 我眼看着死了六个 |
[51:17] | And two before me. | 我出生前还死了两个 |
[51:21] | Eight babies dead. | 八个孩子都死了 |
[51:25] | Each one taking something of her when they went. | 每失去一个孩子 她就失去一部分自我 |
[51:32] | I have my work. | 我已经有工作了 |
[51:35] | I didn’t need children as well. | 孩子不是必需的 |
[52:07] | You can’t keep sleeping in that chair. | 你不能一直都睡在那张椅子上 |
[52:10] | You need your rest. I’ve taken your bed for too long. | 你需要休息 我占用你的床太久了 |
[52:14] | Did you want to go back to the hotel? | 你想要回旅馆吗 |
[52:18] | No. | 不想 |
[52:21] | Unless you want me to. | 除非你想要我回去 |
[52:25] | No. | 不想 |
[52:31] | We should share the bed. | 我们应该一起睡 |
[54:28] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[54:30] | – I wanted to help. – They’re mine. | -我想帮点忙 -这些是我的 |
[54:34] | My babies. | 我的孩子 |
[54:44] | Something wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[54:50] | Dr. Lieberson has come to see you. | 利伯森医生来看你了 |
[54:53] | No. Sorry. | 不是 抱歉 |
[54:54] | More a social visit. | 其实我是来拜访你的 |
[54:57] | My mission was to give this to you, Miss Anning. | 我的目标是把这个交给你 安宁女士 |
[55:05] | It’s an invitation. | 这是邀请函 |
[55:06] | A musical evening. | 有一场音乐晚会 |
[55:08] | I thought after all your work with Mrs. Murchison, | 我觉得你照顾默奇森夫人那么辛苦 |
[55:11] | you might like a little treat. | 正好可以款待你 |
[55:15] | What about Mrs. Murchison? | 那默奇森夫人呢 |
[55:18] | Pardon? I’m not sure I understand. | 什么 我不太明白 |
[55:21] | Well, Mrs. Murchison appreciates music much more than I do. | 默奇森夫人比我更懂得欣赏音乐 |
[55:24] | Where’s her invitation? | 她的邀请函呢 |
[55:26] | I would naturally be accompanied by Mrs. Murchison in her own right. | 我自然是要和默奇森夫人一同参加的 |
[55:29] | – Do you not think? – Yes. | -你不这样认为吗 -是这样 |
[55:31] | I just thought given Mrs. Murchison’s condition, | 但是考虑到默奇森夫人的病情 |
[55:35] | this might prove a little… overstimulating. | 音乐晚会也许有些…太过刺激 |
[55:40] | Rubbish. | 胡说 |
[55:42] | As her doctor, I would strongly advise against it. | 作为她的医生 我强烈反对 |
[55:44] | And as her friend, I disagree. | 作为她的朋友 我不同意 |
[55:47] | Dr. Lieberson, I will happily attend your recital. | 利伯森医生 我很乐意参加你的演奏会 |
[55:51] | But with Mrs. Murchison. | 但是要和默奇森夫人一起去 |
[55:57] | So be it. Excellent. | 那好吧 非常好 |
[56:00] | I will see you both this evening, then. | 那我们今晚见 |
[57:02] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[57:57] | Absolutely… | 当然了 |
[58:19] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[58:24] | Miss Anning. | 安宁女士 |
[58:26] | So sorry for neglecting you. | 很抱歉冷落了你 |
[58:30] | Let me introduce you to some people. | 我带你认识一下大家吧 |
[58:33] | I just need to… | 我得… |
[58:36] | Where’s the… | 那个… |
[58:39] | Oh, of course. It’s right through the back. | 没问题 就在后面 |
[58:51] | After you. | 你先请 |
[59:42] | Ladies, gentlemen, new friends. | 女士们先生们 还有新朋友们 |
[59:44] | Please do take your seats as we are about to begin. | 请就坐 演奏即将开始 |
[1:00:05] | Do sit here. | 坐这里吧 |
[1:00:10] | This is marvelous. | 真棒啊 |
[1:02:49] | You left me. | 你把我丢下了 |
[1:03:01] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[1:03:04] | May I see? | 能让我看看吗 |
[1:03:07] | Please, don’t be silly. | 行吗 别犯傻 |
[1:03:08] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[1:03:11] | Please. | 给我吧 |
[1:03:23] | “Is it that I am all alone? | “茕茕独立长夜中 |
[1:03:25] | Yet in my dreams, a form I view | 梦始似有幻影现 |
[1:03:29] | That thinks on me and loves me, too. | 念我爱我无穷极 |
[1:03:33] | I start, and when the vision’s flown, | 我欲追而幻影散 |
[1:03:38] | I weep and I am all alone.” | 独泣复又孤枕眠” |
[1:03:50] | You were the most fascinating person there tonight. | 你是今晚所有人中最富魅力的 |
[1:03:55] | And I think the most beautiful. | 也是最美丽的 |
[1:05:21] | Mary, look what’s fallen down. | 玛丽 有石头掉下来了 |
[1:05:24] | It’s the rock thing. | 是什么化石 |
[1:05:26] | It’s too big. | 太大了 |
[1:05:28] | Impossible to move. | 肯定搬不动 |
[1:05:47] | You’re wasting your time. | 你这是白费功夫 |
[1:08:02] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[1:08:05] | See here? This is a row of small vertebrae. | 看这里 这是一列小小的椎骨 |
[1:08:09] | And these flatter sides | 两边的平滑处 |
[1:08:12] | are where the ribs would have been attached. | 是连接肋骨的地方 |
[1:08:14] | But these ones have a certain shape, | 但它们的形状很独特 |
[1:08:18] | which tells me they would have been near the skull. | 能让我推断出它们是靠近头骨的部位 |
[1:08:22] | And that’s good? | 这是好事吗 |
[1:08:25] | It would be very good, yes. | 没错 非常好 |
[1:08:37] | That one was special. | 那个化石很特别 |
[1:08:42] | I was only 11 years old. | 我当时才十一岁 |
[1:08:45] | Days it took to dig it out, clean it. | 花了好多天才挖出来 清理干净 |
[1:08:51] | I’d like to see it. | 真想看看啊 |
[1:08:53] | It’s in The British Museum | 它在大英博物馆里 |
[1:08:55] | with its fancy made-up name. Ichthyosaurus. | 人们给它起了个花哨的名字 叫鱼龙 |
[1:09:04] | We couldn’t keep it. It was… | 我们不能留下它 它值… |
[1:09:06] | a year’s worth of food, rent and clothing. | 一整年的吃穿用度 还有房租 |
[1:09:14] | That’s such a poor drawing. | 那张图画得真差劲 |
[1:09:17] | A child’s hand. | 笔触太幼稚了 |
[1:09:21] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[1:09:26] | I’m pleased my rock was worth the work. | 很高兴我发现的化石值得这么多辛苦 |
[1:10:02] | You found the head. | 你找到头部了 |
[1:10:09] | Beautiful. | 真美 |
[1:10:11] | We can go tomorrow to find the rest of it. | 我们明天可以去找找其它部分 |
[1:10:14] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[1:10:24] | I should help. | 我来帮忙吧 |
[1:10:27] | – Go to bed. – Won’t that wait till the morning? | -去睡吧 -不能等到明早再洗吗 |
[1:10:31] | Father would turn in his grave if he thought | 要是父亲知道我不清洗工具就睡 |
[1:10:33] | I’d gone to bed without cleaning his tools. | 肯定在墓里也不得安生 |
[1:10:36] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:12:41] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:12:47] | C·默奇森夫人 | |
[1:15:39] | Say it again. | 再说一遍 |
[1:15:42] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:15:46] | There was a young woman named Sally | 有位名叫萨莉的年轻女子 |
[1:15:49] | who loved the occasional dally | 喜欢偶尔的调情 |
[1:15:52] | She sat on the lap of a well-endowed chap | 她坐在一位胯下硕大的小伙腿上 |
[1:15:56] | And she said, “Ooh, you’re right up my alley.” | 她说 “你真合我的口味” |
[1:17:53] | 安宁化石珍玩商店 | |
[1:18:04] | 本店有大量珍稀的蜥蜴标本 翼手龙及其它原始水生动物化石 | |
[1:18:09] | It was something like a sea lizard with fins. | 它类似于有鳍的海蜥蜴 |
[1:18:13] | – It was probably six feet long. – Goodness. | -大概有1米8长 -天啊 |
[1:18:16] | It’s one of the best I’ve found in a long time. | 我很久没有找到这么好的化石了 |
[1:18:19] | It will require some thought. | 我得考虑一下 |
[1:18:21] | 要22镑吗 | |
[1:18:23] | What price would you suggest then, sir? | 那你觉得多少钱合适 先生 |
[1:18:24] | I’m not in the market for haggling. | 我不讨价还价 |
[1:18:29] | It’s a stunning example, isn’t it? | 这个标本美极了 不是吗 |
[1:18:31] | In my humble opinion, | 依我愚见 |
[1:18:32] | the physical effort Miss Anning goes through | 为了挖掘这样的标本 |
[1:18:34] | to procure such a specimen | 安宁女士付出的体力劳动 |
[1:18:36] | would make the price tag seem quite reasonable. | 已经配得上它的售价了 |
[1:18:40] | Then there is the painstaking hours spent working on the specimen | 然后为了将这件标本的美完全地呈现出来 |
[1:18:44] | to reveal it in all its beauty. | 她还花了很长时间艰苦地清理 |
[1:18:46] | – Charlotte… – On top of this sheer hard work, | -夏洛特 -除了这些辛劳的工作 |
[1:18:49] | let us not forget the knowledge and years of skill | 我们也不能忘记安宁女士在这些工作中 |
[1:18:52] | Miss Anning brings to her tasks. | 运用的学识和多年积累的技巧 |
[1:18:54] | Without this, and to the untrained or ill-formed eye, | 如果没有这些经验 在不具慧眼的人看来 |
[1:18:57] | these would simply be un-investigated lumps of stone and rock. | 这些标本只是无人问津的石块 |
[1:19:01] | Why do you think the scientific community | 不然科学界为什么 |
[1:19:03] | places such importance on this work? | 如此重视这项工作 |
[1:19:05] | Miss Anning informs us not only of our past, | 安宁女士向我们展示的不仅是过去 |
[1:19:07] | but of our present. | 还有现在 |
[1:19:09] | With all this in mind, how would you put a price on this, sir? | 考虑到这些 您认为它值多少钱 先生 |
[1:19:15] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:20:18] | Sit down, Mrs. Anning. It’s mushrooms for supper. | 请坐 安宁夫人 晚餐吃蘑菇 |
[1:20:21] | Fancy. | 真不错 |
[1:20:22] | Sit down. There’s plenty. | 坐吧 还有很多 |
[1:20:25] | The shop won’t run itself. | 店又不会自己开 |
[1:20:27] | Close it, then. | 那就关了吧 |
[1:20:30] | Oh, I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[1:20:32] | Correspondence came for you, Mrs. Murchison. | 你有封信 默奇森夫人 |
[1:22:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:28:01] | It’s warm. | 天气很暖和 |
[1:28:05] | Last year at this time we had snow, and now it’s nice. | 去年这个时候下雪了 今年天气好 |
[1:30:30] | I had to start the babies on my own. | 你不在我只好自己给孩子们洗澡 |
[1:30:40] | I think I might go to my bed. | 我要去睡了 |
[1:31:30] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[1:31:32] | Pricing up this thing. | 给这东西标价 |
[1:34:20] | We’re closed. | 打烊了 |
[1:34:22] | It’s me, Mary. Can I come in? | 是我 玛丽 我能进来吗 |
[1:34:37] | I’m so sorry, Mary. | 请节哀 玛丽 |
[1:34:43] | Molly was… | 莫莉是个 |
[1:34:46] | a perspicacious woman. | 很聪慧的女人 |
[1:34:49] | Her strength to carry on after your father died was admirable. | 你父亲去世后她能振作起来 令人敬佩 |
[1:34:59] | Tell me, have you been in correspondence | 跟我说说 你最近有没有 |
[1:35:01] | with your Mrs. Murchison recently? | 与你那位默奇森夫人联系 |
[1:35:06] | She’s clever. | 她很聪明 |
[1:35:09] | And funny. | 还很有趣 |
[1:35:12] | I very much enjoyed her company. | 我很喜欢和她相处 |
[1:35:15] | It pleases me you’ve struck up a friendship together. | 我很开心你们能成为朋友 |
[1:35:30] | I know I hurt you terribly, and I’m deeply sorry for that. | 我知道我伤你很深 我深感抱歉 |
[1:35:42] | I just wasn’t sure I could live up to you. | 我只是无法确定我不会辜负你 |
[1:35:46] | Or your expectations of me. | 或是不辜负你对我的期望 |
[1:35:52] | A small side step could curtail it completely. | 走错一小步就可能毁掉一切 |
[1:35:56] | I wasn’t the enemy, but it often felt like I was. | 我并不是你的敌人 你却总把我当成敌人 |
[1:36:03] | I tried. | 我尽力了 |
[1:36:05] | No. | 不 |
[1:36:09] | I don’t think you did. | 你没有 |
[1:36:13] | Not really. | 并没有 |
[1:36:18] | You seemed to do everything you could to be distant. | 你似乎竭尽所能地疏远我 |
[1:36:31] | Eventually, I just… | 最终 我只能… |
[1:36:37] | stopped trying. | 放弃了 |
[1:36:44] | It seems your Mrs. Murchison has been able to… | 你那位默奇森夫人似乎能 |
[1:36:48] | unlock something in you that I couldn’t. | 做到我所做不到的 打开你的心扉 |
[1:38:17] | 玛丽·安宁女士 | |
[1:42:10] | Tradesmen’s entrance is around the side. Go all the way back. | 商贩不能从正门进 绕到后面去 |
[1:42:14] | I’m here as a guest of Mrs. Charlotte Murchison. | 我是受夏洛特·默奇森夫人之邀而来 |
[1:42:18] | Miss Anning? | 安宁女士吗 |
[1:42:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:42:21] | I beg your pardon, miss. Please, do come this way. | 请见谅 女士 请进吧 |
[1:42:38] | Please wait here, miss. | 请在此稍候 女士 |
[1:43:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:43:46] | 菊石 多塞特海岸 罗德里克·默奇森先生 | |
[1:43:52] | 菊石 多塞特海岸 玛丽·安宁女士 | |
[1:44:23] | That’s just the maid. | 只是女仆而已 |
[1:44:25] | Thank you, Anne. That will be all. | 谢谢 安 你先下去吧 |
[1:44:32] | Mary! My Mary! | 玛丽 我的玛丽 |
[1:44:34] | I can’t believe you’re here. How was the journey? | 不敢相信你就在我眼前 旅途顺利吗 |
[1:44:37] | I wish you would have let me send a carriage. | 你要是让我派辆马车去接你就好了 |
[1:44:40] | It feels a very long way from Lyme. | 莱姆到这里路途遥远 |
[1:44:49] | I had it all planned out. | 我本来都计划好了 |
[1:44:51] | We’d have tea, and then I’d show you, | 我们应该先喝茶 然后我再带你去看 |
[1:44:52] | but I just don’t think I can wait any longer. Come on! | 但我实在等不及了 快来吧 |
[1:45:07] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[1:45:09] | You must close your eyes or it will ruin everything. | 你一定要闭上眼睛 不然就没有惊喜了 |
[1:45:11] | I don’t think I like surprises. | 我不太喜欢惊喜 |
[1:45:22] | You can open them. | 可以睁眼了 |
[1:45:28] | It’s yours. | 这是你的房间 |
[1:45:32] | – Mine? – Yes. | -我的 -是的 |
[1:45:36] | To stay the night? | 今晚留宿的房间吗 |
[1:45:38] | Well, yes, but no. | 是也不是 |
[1:45:41] | Also yours to move into. | 也是给你搬进来住的 |
[1:45:43] | To live here with me. | 和我一起住 |
[1:45:47] | Here, I thought you could put your mother’s figurines. | 你可以把你母亲的小雕像摆放在这里 |
[1:45:51] | And here you can write your journal. | 你可以在这里写日记 |
[1:45:55] | Such a good light, isn’t it? | 光线很好 不是吗 |
[1:45:57] | – But I have my home. – And in here… | -但我自己有家 -看这里… |
[1:46:04] | They’re for you. I had them made just for you. | 给你的 我叫人专门为你定做的 |
[1:46:07] | Feel this one. | 摸摸看 |
[1:46:17] | Oh, and one last thing. | 还有最后一件事 |
[1:46:25] | My room. So we’ll be next to each other, always. | 我的房间 这样我们就能永远住在一起了 |
[1:46:37] | – You’ve thought of everything. – I hope so. | -你考虑得真周全 -但愿如此 |
[1:46:41] | I didn’t want you to worry about anything. | 我不想让你操心任何事 |
[1:47:01] | Well, say something. | 说点什么吧 |
[1:47:13] | – Sorry. I really shouldn’t… – Mary. | -抱歉 我真不应该… -玛丽 |
[1:47:16] | I wanted to see my relic in the British Museum today, | 我今天打算去大英博物馆看我的化石 |
[1:47:18] | so I should… | 所以我该… |
[1:47:20] | We’ll see it later once we’ve settled you in. | 等你在这安顿好了我们再去看 |
[1:47:27] | I feel… I feel I’m at a great disadvantage. | 我感觉…我现在处境很不利 |
[1:47:32] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[1:47:35] | I feel I’ve been misled. | 我觉得我被误导了 |
[1:47:38] | – I don’t think I have… – I was invited for a visit. | -我应该没有… -我是被邀请来作客的 |
[1:47:43] | And now it seems I’ve been hoodwinked in some way. | 现在倒像是遭人哄骗了 |
[1:47:46] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[1:47:49] | Why did you not mention all this in your letter? | 你为什么不在信里告诉我这些 |
[1:47:53] | I wanted to see the look on your face. | 我想看看你惊喜的表情 |
[1:47:55] | You presumed I’d be fitted into your life, here, | 你擅自决定我会融入你在这里的生活 |
[1:47:57] | like one of my relics in your fine glass case. | 正如你把我的化石放在你精美的玻璃柜里 |
[1:47:59] | – No, of course not. – Will you label me, too? | -当然不是这样 -你也会给我贴上标签吗 |
[1:48:01] | No, that’s not what I want. That’s not what I intended. | 不 我没有这个打算 这并非我的本意 |
[1:48:06] | I want this to be different. | 我只想让一切变得不一样 |
[1:48:08] | Our different. | 让我们变得不一样 |
[1:48:10] | This must make your husband very happy. | 你丈夫肯定高兴坏了 |
[1:48:12] | – Who cares? – Oh, please don’t make fun of me. | -谁在乎他啊 -请不要取笑我 |
[1:48:15] | Roddy is content with his life. Very content. | 罗德很满意他现在的生活 非常满意 |
[1:48:17] | And because of you, he now has a proper interest | 正是因为你 如今他有了一个 |
[1:48:19] | that takes up most of his time. | 消磨大把时光的正经爱好 |
[1:48:21] | You make it sound so neat, like I planned it. | 你说得如此轻巧 仿佛这是我的计划 |
[1:48:24] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[1:48:27] | Please, why are you doing this? | 拜托 你为什么要这样 |
[1:48:30] | I don’t want to go back to the life I had before you. | 我不想回到过去没有你的生活 |
[1:48:33] | What about my life, Charlotte? My work? | 那我的生活怎么办 夏洛特 还有我的工作 |
[1:48:37] | I can’t bear to think of you suffering | 我不忍心让你在沙滩上 |
[1:48:39] | out on those beaches in all weathers. | 风吹雨打 辛苦劳作 |
[1:48:41] | And now you’ll be free to do your important work, | 现在你可以无拘无束地做重要的工作了 |
[1:48:45] | your scientific work. | 你的科研工作 |
[1:48:49] | You don’t understand me. | 你并不懂我 |
[1:48:59] | No! | 不 |
[1:49:04] | Your proposition makes me feel like | 你的提议让我觉得自己像是 |
[1:49:05] | some fancy bird in a gilded cage. | 被关在镀金笼子里的观赏鸟 |
[1:49:10] | I need to find lodgings for tonight. | 我得去找今晚的宿处 |
[1:49:16] | I wish you’d told me before. | 你要是提前告诉我就好了 |
[1:49:20] | I could have saved the boat fare. | 我还能省下船票钱 |
[1:49:21] | Mary… Mary! | 玛丽 玛丽 |
[1:51:18] | 鱼龙 莱姆里吉斯 捐赠者 H·霍斯特·亨里先生 | |
[1:52:54] | 菊石 |