时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | Easy now. | 放松点 |
[00:24] | All right, take your time. | 好了 慢慢来 |
[00:32] | He’s bloody huge. | 个头真大啊 |
[00:34] | Yet no match for a bullet. | 那也不是子弹的对手 |
[00:36] | Now, all it takes is one clean shot to the heart | 只需要一枪击中心脏 |
[00:40] | to fell even the greatest of beasts. | 再厉害的野兽也会倒下 |
[00:54] | It’s impossible. | 根本不可能呀 |
[00:56] | Now, now. There’ll be plenty of other opportunities. | 好啦 还会有其他机会的 |
[00:59] | I’ve failed each and every time. | 我每次都打不中 |
[01:02] | I can just hear what Benedict will have to say about this. | 我都能想象到本尼迪克特会怎么说 |
[01:04] | – Colin too. – All the more reason to keep trying. | -还有科林 -那就更有理由继续努力了 |
[01:07] | They’ll be insufferable. | 他们会让人无法忍受的 |
[01:12] | Shh. Shh, shh. Whoo! You have to show me how to do that! | 您得教教我该怎么打中! |
[01:33] | Come along. | 过来吧 |
[01:38] | It’s more about confidence than anything else. | 最重要的就是自信 |
[01:41] | You decided that stag was too large to shoot | 你还没扣动扳机 |
[01:43] | before you even touched the trigger, I’m afraid. | 就认定那只雄鹿体型过大 无法一击即中 |
[01:45] | But you’ll learn. You’ll learn in time. | 你会学会的 你迟早能学会的 |
[01:49] | You make it sound so easy. | 您说得倒容易 |
[01:51] | Nothing ever rattles you, does it? | 没有什么能让您心烦意乱 是吧? |
[01:54] | Oh, I believe your mother would have quite a few things to say about that. | 我相信你母亲对此会有很多话要说吧 |
[01:59] | You do know that you cannot show someone your best | 你要知道 想要展示最优秀的一面 |
[02:02] | without allowing them to see your worst. | 就要允许对方看到你最糟糕的一面 |
[02:08] | Speaking of which, she would adore those. | 说到这些 |
[02:20] | Ah. | 她会喜欢那些花的 |
[02:22] | They’re quite lovely, are they not? | 这些花很可爱 不是吗? |
[02:25] | Daphne will be jealous if we return with nothing for her. | 如果我们不给达芙妮也摘点花 她会嫉妒的 |
[02:29] | Ugh, this bloody… | 这该死的… |
[02:31] | Ah. | |
[02:33] | Father? | 父亲? |
[02:36] | The damn thing stung me. | 这该死的东西螫到我了 |
[02:39] | Whatever… | 说起来… |
[02:42] | Father? | 父亲? |
[02:45] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[02:46] | Father! | 父亲! |
[02:49] | Wha… What? | 怎么了? |
[02:51] | – I can’t… – Help us, someone! | -我无法… -救命啊 有人吗! |
[02:57] | Someone, please! Help! | 快来人啊!救命啊! |
[03:00] | Father! | 父亲! |
[03:02] | Help! | 救命啊! |
[03:04] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[03:05] | I don’t know! I don’t know! I don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[03:07] | Was it a bee? A bee, I think. | 是蜜蜂吗?我想是因为蜜蜂 |
[03:10] | Edmund. | 蜜蜂吗?艾德蒙 |
[03:11] | – Edmund, you must breathe. – I can’t… | -艾德蒙 你得尽力呼吸 -我无法… |
[03:21] | No, no. | 不 |
[03:22] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 |
[03:24] | Please don’t. Do not leave me. | 不要 不要离开我 |
[03:27] | No, Ed… Edmund! | 不要 艾…艾德蒙! |
[03:29] | Do not leave me! | 不要离开我! 不要! |
[03:39] | Oh, God! | 天啊! |
[03:44] | The other children. They cannot… | 其他孩子们 |
[03:46] | They cannot see him. | 不能让他们看到他这样 |
[03:50] | Anthony! | 安东尼! |
[03:52] | Go! | 快去! |
[04:11] | We all know the great lengths | 我们都知道 一位年轻的女士 |
[04:13] | a young lady will go in pursuit of a proposal. | 为了赢得求婚会付出多大的代价 |
[04:17] | And apparently, she will travel great distances too. | 很显然 她也会愿意长途跋涉 |
[04:21] | Lord Anthony Bridgerton appears to be inching ever so closer | 安东尼布里杰顿大人 选择子爵夫人之期 |
[04:25] | to selecting his viscountess, | 似乎越来越近了 |
[04:27] | and to that end has invited our diamond to join him | 为此 我们的钻石淑女受邀跟他一起 |
[04:31] | for an excursion at his ancestral home, Aubrey Hall. | 到他的祖宅奥布里府游玩 |
[04:36] | Perhaps I’ll wear the pink silks at dinner tonight. | 也许今天晚餐时 我可以穿粉色的丝绸 |
[04:39] | Do you think Lord Bridgerton will like it? | 你觉得布里杰顿大人会喜欢吗? |
[04:41] | Of course he will, Bon. | 他当然会喜欢 小妹 |
[04:42] | You need not worry about the viscount’s favor, Miss Edwina. | 你不用担心子爵的喜好 埃德温娜小姐 |
[04:46] | It is an exceedingly good sign that he has invited us to spend a few days | 在其他上流社会人士 来参加真正的派对之前 |
[04:50] | with the family, before the rest of the ton arrives for the real party. | 他就邀请我们和他的家人们来小住 这是非常好的兆头 |
[04:55] | Perhaps by then, you will have an engagement to announce. | 也许到那时候 你们就要宣布订婚了 |
[04:58] | He will be assessing me, I know. | 他会给我打分的 我知道 |
[05:00] | Considering how I might perform as viscountess. | 衡量我的表现 是否符合子爵夫人的标准 |
[05:03] | And he should not be the only one. | 不只是他要这样做 |
[05:05] | You too must consider if Lord Bridgerton is everything you want in a match as well. | 你也要考虑 布里杰顿大人是否跟你相配 |
[05:09] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[05:10] | We should all pass the week with open minds. | 我们都应该抱着开放的心态度过这周 |
[05:16] | I shall be the very picture of amiability. | 我会表现得非常和蔼可亲的 |
[05:19] | Very well. Pink it is for dinner. | 很好 晚餐就选粉色裙子了 |
[05:21] | Country air indeed clears the mind and invigorates the body. | 乡下的空气确实能让人头脑清醒 让身体充满活力 |
[05:27] | Might this be the final gust that pushes the viscount | 乡间的阵风能否让子爵下定决心 |
[05:31] | over the precipice of a proposal? | 提出求婚呢? |
[05:34] | Of course, the luckless souls remaining in town | 当然了 那些留在镇上的可怜人们 |
[05:38] | will have to find new diversions | 将不得不寻找新的消遣 |
[05:40] | in the absence of their most precious of stones. | 因为他们最珍视的钻石淑女离开了 |
[05:44] | For goodness’ sake, Penelope. | 求你了 佩内洛普 |
[05:45] | Stop your pacing before you give me indigestion. | 别再走来走去了 我要消化不良了 |
[05:47] | Apologies, Mama. | 抱歉 妈妈 |
[05:49] | We have much to do before joining the Bridgertons in a few days. | 去参加布里杰顿家族的派对之前 我们还有很多事情要做 |
[05:52] | We will head to the modiste after breakfast. | 吃完早饭 我们就去找女装裁缝 |
[05:55] | The modiste? Today? | 女装裁缝?今天? |
[05:58] | Oh. Are you off to make calls this morning, my lord? | 您今早要去拜访谁吗 大人? |
[06:01] | Anyone in particular? | 有什么特别的人吗? |
[06:03] | – I thought to pay a visit to White’s. – Excellent idea. | -我想去一趟怀特绅士俱乐部 -好主意啊 |
[06:06] | I’m sure you’ll find the gentlemen there very good company. | 我相信您会发现 那里的绅士们都是很好的朋友 |
[06:10] | Good day, ladies. | 祝你们开心 |
[06:14] | I suppose I should be glad | 女士们 我觉得我应该高兴 |
[06:16] | that he’s not already out courting his future bride. | 他还没有去追求他未来的新娘 |
[06:19] | It’s only a matter of time before he brings home | 但他迟早会带年轻貌美的姑娘回来 |
[06:21] | some young beauty to oust us out onto the streets. | 把我们赶到大街上的 |
[06:25] | Perhaps it will be Miss Uxbridge. | 也许会是乌斯布里奇小姐 |
[06:27] | Now, there’s a chickabiddy if ever I saw one. | 她是我见过的最年轻的姑娘了 |
[06:29] | Varley. Not helping. | 瓦里 你这样说并没有什么帮助 |
[06:33] | What we need to find is someone | 我们需要找一个 |
[06:36] | malleable. | 好欺负的姑娘 |
[06:37] | Someone stupid enough not to know any better, | 一个蠢到不知道真相的姑娘 |
[06:39] | and certainly not to know how to take on and manage a household. | 也不知道如何操持和管理家庭 |
[06:43] | That would be in our best interest. | 那样才对我们最有利 |
[06:45] | The question is… | 问题是… |
[06:48] | – where? – Hmm. | 去哪里找呢? |
[06:50] | I want to move into Philippa’s room. | 我想搬到菲利帕的房间 |
[06:52] | Why she always got the bigger one has never been fair. | 为什么她总能抢到大房间 太不公平了 |
[06:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[06:59] | We were just saying what an eligible match Lord Featherington would make. | 我们刚刚还在讨论 谁能配得上费瑟灵顿大人 |
[07:03] | – For whom? – You. | -谁呢? -你 |
[07:05] | But he’s our cousin. | 他是我们的表哥 |
[07:06] | – Oh, Penelope. – But he is our cousin. | 佩内洛普 但他是我们的表哥 |
[07:08] | And since when has that ever created an issue? | 从什么时候开始 这是问题了呢? |
[07:11] | It is not odd to marry one’s cousin. | 嫁给自己的表哥并不奇怪 |
[07:14] | It is regal. Just look at the royal family. | 很庄严的 看看皇室吧 |
[07:19] | Besides, he’s your fourth cousin, nonetheless. | 再说了 他只是你的远房表哥 |
[07:22] | Do you not wish to be lady of this household, Prudence? | 你不想做这家的女主人吗 普鲁登斯? |
[07:26] | Hosting dinners and balls, the envy of all your friends? | 你不想举办晚宴和舞会 让所有朋友羡慕不已吗? |
[07:30] | – Would I have such authority? – If that is what you wish. | -我会有这样的权力吗? -如果你愿意的话 |
[07:33] | You will charm him | 你会把他迷住的 |
[07:35] | with some assistance. | 你需要一些辅助 |
[07:37] | You will need a new dress or two, | 你需要一两身新衣服 |
[07:40] | to appear rather more tempting. | 让自己显得更有诱惑力 |
[07:43] | Tempting for what? | 诱惑什么? |
[07:45] | Never you mind. | 不重要啦 |
[07:47] | Off to the modiste, indeed! | 我们去找女装裁缝吧! |
[07:55] | Sister! | 姐姐! |
[07:57] | Oh, I am so pleased you were able to come. | 我很高兴你们能来 |
[08:00] | As if I would allow dear Augie to miss out on watching his mother | 我不会让亲爱的奥吉错过的 我要让他看到妈妈 |
[08:03] | win this little family tradition. | 在小小的家庭传统中获胜 |
[08:05] | – Second year in a row, if I might add. – Charming words from a duchess. | -而且是连续第二年哦 -公爵夫人真是能言善辩呢 |
[08:08] | A duchess who is still a Bridgerton. | 公爵夫人仍是布里杰顿家的人 |
[08:10] | Oh, come and see the baby, Eloise. | 过来看看小宝宝啊 埃洛伊斯 |
[08:12] | Why? Has he changed since I saw him last? | 为什么?跟上次见面有什么变化吗? |
[08:14] | He’s grown at least an inch, haven’t you? | 他至少长高了两厘米呢 不是吗? |
[08:18] | Who’s that, then? | 那是谁呀? |
[08:21] | Oh, my lovely. | 我的小可爱 |
[08:23] | – Here we go. – Yes. | -好了 -乖 |
[08:25] | There we are. | -好了 |
[08:26] | There we go. | 好了 -不要啊 |
[08:30] | Do not mind your Auntie Eloise. | 放过你的埃洛伊斯小姨吧 |
[08:32] | She’s too busy reading to notice anything else, as usual. | 她忙着读书 注意不到其他事情 就跟平时一样 |
[08:36] | Is it not nap time? | 现在是午睡时间了吧? |
[08:38] | Perhaps Uncle Colin will lull you to sleep with his many tales from his travels. | 或许科林舅舅 会用他的旅行故事哄你入睡呢 |
[08:42] | Yes. I seem to be missing the peace and solitude of the Greek isles already. | 是啊 我似乎已经开始怀念 希腊群岛的清静了 |
[08:48] | Enjoying your brief respite | 哥哥 你很享受这短暂的休息 |
[08:50] | from the ferocious packs of marriage-minded young ladies, Brother? | 远离那些想结婚的年轻姑娘们吗? |
[08:54] | Quite the opposite, Sister. | 恰恰相反 妹妹 |
[08:56] | I have invited one such young lady and her family to join us today. | 今天我邀请了一位年轻的女士 和她的家人们 |
[09:00] | Anthony has invited a young lady to Aubrey Hall? | 安东尼邀请了 一位年轻女士来奥布里府? |
[09:02] | Yes, and she is quite lovely. | 是啊 她很可爱呢 |
[09:05] | My word! | 天啊! |
[09:06] | Well, I cannot wait to meet the woman who has captured your heart. | 我等不及要见见俘获你芳心的女人了 |
[09:10] | Tell me, what is she like? | 快告诉我 她长什么样子? |
[09:11] | Miss Edwina is the picture of grace, beauty, and charm. | 埃德温娜小姐优雅美丽 |
[09:15] | Hmm. | 魅力四射 |
[09:16] | Unfortunately, she has a most annoying sister who has styled herself | 可惜她有一个很烦人的姐姐 |
[09:19] | as something of a gatekeeper. | 总是把她盯得很紧 |
[09:21] | I’m afraid you must all help me win over both sisters, | 如果要娶到她 恐怕你们都得帮我 |
[09:25] | if I am to find my bride. | 帮我赢得她们姐妹俩的好感 |
[09:26] | And now you appeal for help. My, you must be smitten by this miss. | 轮到你求助啦 天啊 你一定是被这位小姐迷住了 |
[09:30] | Or the sister is a formidable obstacle, indeed. | 或者是因为姐姐确实是可怕的阻碍 |
[09:32] | Fear not, Anthony. | 别担心 安东尼 |
[09:34] | Seeing as though you were such a help to me last season, | 上次社交季 你帮了我那么大的忙 |
[09:36] | it would only be fair of me to return the favor. | 现在该我来报答你了 这样才公平 |
[09:38] | Is that a promise or a threat? | 这是承诺 |
[09:39] | Hmm. | 还是威胁? |
[09:43] | Now, | 我们来啦 |
[09:45] | the only reason to endure such a journey | 忍受这样的旅程 唯一的原因 |
[09:50] | is to see my great-godson. | 就是要见见我的干孙子 |
[09:56] | Hello. | 你好呀 |
[09:57] | Well, it is a joy to see you as well, Lady Danbury. | 我也很高兴见到您 丹伯里女士 |
[09:59] | Oh, Your Grace. | 夫人 |
[10:01] | Lady Mary. | 玛丽夫人 |
[10:03] | – So pleased to have you. – Thank you for having us. | -很高兴您能来 -感谢您邀请我们 |
[10:05] | – This is my daughter Edwina, you remember. – Lovely to see you. I do. | -这是我女儿埃德温娜 还记得吧 -很高兴见到你 我记得你 |
[10:08] | And, of course, Kate, my eldest. | -还有您的另一个女儿 -当然 |
[10:20] | Ah. | 还有我的大女儿 凯特 |
[10:21] | You’re smiling. | 你在笑呢 |
[10:26] | I see my plan to win you over is already working. | 看来我讨好你的计划已经起效了 |
[10:28] | I was smiling at the view, | 我刚才是在对着风景微笑 |
[10:30] | which you are now blocking. | 现在您挡住我的视线了 |
[10:33] | – Oh, you brought your dog. – Yes. | -你还把狗带来了 -是呢 |
[10:35] | Newton is an excellent judge of character. | 牛顿看人很准的 |
[10:37] | Oh. | |
[10:39] | See. | 看到了吗? |
[10:41] | Mark my words, Miss Sharma. | 记住我的话 莎尔玛小姐 |
[10:43] | By the end of your stay, your opinion of me will be much improved. | 等你离开之际 你对我会有很大改观的 |
[10:47] | As will his. | 他也一样 |
[10:49] | I did not think you such an optimist. | 我没想到您是这么乐观的人啊 |
[10:51] | Since your schemes to manipulate me are now out in the open, | 不过您打算操控我的计划 都跟我坦白了 |
[10:54] | I suppose it would be an improvement, indeed. | 我想还是会有一点改观的吧 |
[10:57] | And you must be Miss Edwina. | 你一定是埃德温娜小姐吧 |
[10:59] | No. | 不是 |
[11:02] | This is her sister. | 这是她的姐姐 |
[11:03] | Miss Kate Sharma. | 凯特莎尔玛小姐 |
[11:05] | Ah. Forgive me, Miss Sharma. | 不好意思 莎尔玛小姐 |
[11:07] | I’m entirely flattered, Your Grace. | 受宠若惊 夫人 |
[11:09] | Allow me to introduce my sister, Miss Edwina. | 请允许我向您介绍我的妹妹 埃德温娜小姐 |
[11:18] | It is an honor, Your Grace. | 非常荣幸 夫人 |
[11:20] | Miss Edwina, I am pleased to introduce you to Aubrey Hall. | 埃德温娜小姐 |
[11:24] | It is a beautiful home. | 我很高兴向你介绍奥布里府 这是一处美丽的庄园 |
[11:27] | Thank you so much for inviting us. | 感谢邀请我们 |
[11:29] | I very much look forward to spending time with you and your family. | 我非常期待与您和您的家人相处 |
[11:34] | Well, now, you must be weary from your travels. Mrs. Wilson. | 旅途劳顿 你们一定很累了吧 威尔森太太 |
[11:38] | Please show our guests to their rooms so they might get refreshed. | 带我们的客人到她们的房间去 让她们休息一下吧 |
[11:42] | – And ready for battle. – Mm, indeed. | 也准备一起比赛 |
[11:45] | What can you mean? | 没错 |
[11:47] | Do not mind Eloise. | 什么意思? 不用搭理埃洛伊斯 |
[11:49] | She’s always so spirited in the country. | 她一到乡下就精力充沛 |
[11:51] | Then we have that in common. | 看来我们很像嘛 |
[11:55] | – Mother? – Mm? | 母亲? |
[11:56] | I believe there is something I shall be needing now. | 我觉得我现在就需要一件东西了 |
[12:00] | So you’re quite set on your decision, then, I take it? | 所以你下定决心了 是吗? |
[12:03] | I made my intentions clear. | 我相信我已经说清我的意图了 |
[12:04] | You must know there is no need to hurry such a momentous occasion. | 那你也应该清楚 那么重要的事情 没有必要急于一时 |
[12:08] | The Sharmas have barely unpacked their things. | 莎尔玛一家的行李都还没有打开呢 |
[12:10] | You should take the opportunity to get to know one another. | 你们应该趁此机会互相了解一下 |
[12:13] | Mm. Unnecessary. | 没必要了 |
[12:15] | Miss Edwina will make the perfect viscountess, to be sure. | 埃德温娜小姐 绝对会是最佳的子爵夫人人选 |
[12:32] | This house carries many memories, | 这处庄园承载了很多回忆 |
[12:36] | good and bad. | 好的和坏的 |
[12:39] | I only hope you are acting with a clear mind. | 我只希望你能保持头脑清醒 |
[12:42] | You have wanted me to marry for years. | 您期盼我结婚很多年了 |
[12:45] | And now you suggest I wait? | 现在您又建议我别那么着急? |
[12:47] | I did not say that. | 我没那么说 |
[12:48] | I only want you to be certain. | 我只是想让你确定自己的心意 |
[13:00] | My lord? | 我的大人? |
[13:03] | My lord, might we begin with the arrangements? | 我的大人 我们可以开始安排后事了吗? |
[13:07] | The minister will need to be called, | 我们需要请牧师 |
[13:09] | and the casket, of course. One will need to be built. | 当然还有棺材 要赶紧做一副 |
[13:12] | Forgive me, my lord. I have questions about the body. | 抱歉 我的大人 关于尸体 我还有几个疑问 |
[13:14] | Should I move it from his chambers? | 要把尸体从卧室抬出来吗? |
[13:16] | Also the business of the letters. | 还有讣告的事 |
[13:18] | – The letters? – To give notice of the death. | -讣告? -通知过世的消息 |
[13:20] | Not just to the other family, but to the village too. | 不仅要通知其他家族 还要通知村庄 |
[13:23] | We should send for the doctor. She’s still hysterical. | 我们应该派人去请医生 她还在痛哭不止 |
[13:25] | I also must ask, my lord. | 我还有问题 我的大人 |
[13:28] | Might you already have the keys to your father’s office? We’ve been searching. | 您是不是已经拿走了 您父亲办公室的钥匙?我们一直在找 |
[13:31] | With the baby, this cannot be good. | 她还怀着孩子 这样对她的身体不好 |
[13:33] | I’ll have your mother’s things arranged, | 我会收拾好您母亲的东西 |
[13:35] | but I’ll need to know which room you’d like her moved to. | 但我需要知道 您想让她搬到哪个房间 |
[13:37] | Why would Mother be moved? | 母亲为什么要换房间? |
[13:39] | Because those rooms belong to you, my lord. | 因为那些房间属于您了 我的大人 |
[13:43] | You are the viscount now. | 现在您是子爵了 |
[14:00] | This will teach Colin. | 这会给科林一个教训的 |
[14:02] | Last time, he put a wicket behind the goat barn. | 上次他在羊圈后面放了一个球门 |
[14:04] | What exactly are the rules of this game? | 游戏的规则到底是什么呢? |
[14:06] | Pall-mall is less about the rules, | 铁圈球运动的重点不在于规则 |
[14:08] | more about the goal. | 而在于破门得分 |
[14:10] | Which is, of course, to hit your ball through each wicket. | 你们要让球穿过每一个球门 |
[14:12] | The first player to send their ball through the last wicket wins. | 第一个让球穿过所有球门的人 就是胜者 |
[14:15] | Simple enough. Though, if you are feeling devilish, | 很简单的 不过如果想要使坏 |
[14:19] | you can use your turn to knock an opponent’s ball | 也可以在轮到你们击球的时候 |
[14:21] | as far away from their next wicket as you would like. | 把对方的球打得离下一个球门更远 |
[14:24] | Why waste a turn if the point is to get one’s own ball through the wicket? | 如果获胜的关键是让自己的球破门 为什么还要浪费一次机会呢? |
[14:27] | To infuriate your opponent, I gather? | 我猜是为了激怒对手吧? |
[14:29] | Precisely. It is a poor player who plays the game, | 准确地说 认真玩游戏的人都是菜鸟 |
[14:32] | and a wise one who plays their opponent. | 懂得把对手玩得团团转的人才是高手 |
[14:34] | I believe I shall rather enjoy this game. | 我相信我会很享受这场比赛的 |
[14:38] | Right. Oh. Now, Benedict is a solid shot, | 是的 本尼迪克特击球很准 |
[14:41] | but he avoids conflict. | 但他习惯避免冲突 |
[14:43] | Colin is crafty. | 科林非常狡猾 |
[14:45] | He will strike when he thinks you are least suspecting it, | 他会在你们掉以轻心的时候发动攻击 |
[14:47] | so always be suspecting it. | 所以一定要时刻保持警惕 |
[14:49] | Eloise concentrates entirely on defeating her older brothers. | 埃洛伊斯把全部精力 都放在打败她的哥哥们身上了 |
[14:52] | The hope is that she gets so absorbed by them that she forgets about you. | 希望她被哥哥们吸引 忘记你们的存在 |
[14:56] | I, of course, am a complete enigma who will divulge none of my secrets. | 当然了 我很神秘 我是不会泄露自己的秘密的 |
[15:00] | And, well, then there is Anthony. | -埃洛伊斯 -然后还有安东尼 |
[15:03] | Let me guess. A most ruthless, cutthroat player. | 让我猜猜看 他应该是最残酷无情的玩家 |
[15:05] | Why, you have made his acquaintance. | 你怎么那么了解他呢? |
[15:09] | That is not to say he has no honor. | 并不是说他不在乎名誉 |
[15:12] | He’s usually the most genteel sportsman. Except as far as this field is concerned. | 他通常是最有教养的参赛者 除非是在这块场地 |
[15:16] | I’m sure the viscount is an excellent player. | 我相信子爵肯定是一位出色的玩家 |
[15:19] | We will all pass a very pleasant afternoon. | 我们会度过一个愉快的下午的 (女装裁缝) |
[15:26] | No, it should be lower in the bust. | 不行 胸部应该再低一点 |
[15:28] | We must make the most of the young lady’s figure. | 我们必须充分凸显 这位年轻女士的身材 |
[15:32] | Lower. | 低一点 |
[15:33] | Madame, I must protest. | 夫人 恕难从命 |
[15:35] | – I don’t pay you to protest. – The line of… | -我不是来花钱受气的 -裙子的线条… |
[15:37] | I pay you to fashion the dresses as I see fit. | 我花钱 是为了让你 照我的要求做衣服 |
[15:40] | On second thought, perhaps it is this fabric. | 仔细想想 也许是因为这种面料吧 |
[15:43] | I hear there’s a new modiste across the street, | 我听说街对面新来了一位女装裁缝 |
[15:46] | just arrived from Vienna. | 她是刚从维也纳来的 |
[15:47] | Perhaps she’ll have something | 也许她会有什么好东西 |
[15:48] | that will display your assets to their better advantage, Prudence. | 能放大你的优势呢 普鲁登斯 |
[15:51] | Let’s get you dressed. | 换回自己的衣服吧 |
[16:05] | I quite liked your design. | 我很喜欢你的设计 |
[16:07] | Merci beaucoup, Miss Penelope. | 谢谢 佩内洛普小姐 |
[16:09] | I am always so clumsy with my dresses, it seems. | 我好像总是不太会穿裙子 |
[16:15] | Well, just the other day, I ripped my bodice, | 就在几天前 我的紧身胸衣破了 |
[16:17] | and I had to borrow a dress from my maid to return home. | 不得不向女佣借了一条裙子才能回家 |
[16:19] | – I believe you might have seen me. – I do not recall. | -我觉得你当时看到我了 -我不记得了 |
[16:23] | Are you often in that part of town? | 你常去镇上的那片区域吗? |
[16:25] | Seems it is rather far from the fashionable side, is it not? | 那里似乎离时尚很遥远 不是吗? |
[16:29] | Perhaps I might ask you the same thing. | 同样的问题 我还想问您呢 |
[16:34] | But I will not | 但是我没问 |
[16:36] | because I happen to believe a lady’s business is her own. | 因为我碰巧相信 每位女士都有自己的私事 |
[16:40] | – Would you not agree? – I… | -您同意吗? -我… |
[16:43] | Yes. I most certainly would. | 是的 我完全同意 |
[16:46] | The silks you ordered, ma’am. | 你订的丝绸到了 女士 |
[16:50] | Oh. You may leave them at the back. | 放在后面吧 |
[16:53] | I only hope I may have use for them. | 我只希望这些丝绸能派上用场 |
[17:01] | Let’s toss a coin. | 我们来扔硬币吧 |
[17:02] | Last year, we promised to let the youngest pick first. | 去年我们说好的 让年纪最小的先选 |
[17:04] | We pick based on alphabetical order. | 我们根据字母顺序来选吧 |
[17:07] | – That’s the precedent. – It’s meant to be a game, is it not? | -那是先例 -这只是游戏 不是吗? |
[17:09] | Everyone, please, now. | 拜托 各位 |
[17:10] | The only fair thing to do | 最公平的做法 |
[17:12] | is to let our invited guests choose their mallets and strike first. | 就是让我们的客人 优先选择球棍 并且优先击球 |
[17:16] | Please, take your pick, Miss Edwina. | 请随便挑选 |
[17:20] | Hmm. | 埃德温娜小姐 |
[17:22] | An excellent choice. | 很棒的选择 |
[17:28] | – The mallet of death. – Would you look at that, Brother? | -死亡之锤 -你怎么看 哥哥? |
[17:32] | Is this yours? | 这是您的球棍吗? |
[17:33] | Not at all. You’re welcome to it. | 当然不是 你随便用 |
[17:35] | You threatened to beat me last time I touched… | 上次我碰你的球棍 你威胁说要揍我… |
[17:37] | – You exaggerate. – Are you the superstitious sort? | 你太夸张了 您那么迷信吗? |
[17:40] | I know some men cannot perform without their familiar tools. | 我知道有些人没有熟悉的装备 就无法打比赛了呢 |
[17:42] | Like a child with a blanket. | 就像小孩子没了毯子 |
[17:46] | I can play perfectly well with any mallet. | 我用哪根球棍都能打得很好 |
[17:49] | I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你好运吧 |
[17:50] | Are we to stand around deliberating all day, or shall we play? | 我们要一直站在这里考虑吗 还是快点开始啊? |
[17:53] | No! | -不要! -那是我的 |
[17:56] | – To the field of combat! – Mm-hmm. | 上战场喽! |
[18:02] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[18:04] | Ooh. | 漂亮! 疏于练习了吧 |
[18:14] | Out of practice much, Brother? | 哥哥? 好了 |
[18:18] | Here, allow me. | 轮到我了 |
[18:23] | Yes! | -太好了! -太好了! 干得漂亮! |
[18:26] | What a shot! Good start. | 完美一击! |
[18:30] | – Eloise, stop cheating. – No. | 埃洛伊斯 不要作弊了 来吧 哥哥 |
[18:39] | Would you take your shot? | 你要试试运气吗? |
[18:44] | Ha! Rather unfortunate. | 太遗憾了 |
[19:00] | Are the demands of the day affecting your game, Brother? | 今天的要求 影响到你的状态了吗 哥哥? |
[19:04] | Not a chance. | 才没有呢 |
[19:06] | Miss Edwina, I believe you are next. | 埃德温娜小姐 你是下一位击球人吧 |
[19:09] | I did not wish to leave my ball in your path, | 我不想让我的球挡住你的球路 |
[19:11] | so I’ve left an open space so you can send yours. | 所以我给你留了空间 让你把球送出去 |
[19:14] | How very kind of you, my lord. | 您真是太好了 我的大人 |
[19:23] | Just wide. | -歪了一点 -非常好 埃德温娜 |
[19:26] | – Very good, Edwina. – Very good. | 非常好 |
[19:28] | Come on, Benedict. It was good. | 来吧 |
[19:31] | You’ll find it gets easier. Huh. | 本尼迪克特 |
[19:37] | Your head is clearly elsewhere, Brother. | 你显然心不在焉 哥哥 |
[19:39] | Otherwise, you never would have given me such an easy shot. | 否则你绝不会给我 这么容易的得分机会 |
[19:43] | Yes! | 太好了! 我主要是担心… |
[19:47] | I will admit, my thoughts are far from the field. | 我承认我的心思根本不在这里 我的兄弟们 总是把事情搞得那么复杂 |
[19:54] | I have applied to become a student of art | 我已经申请进入 |
[19:58] | at the Royal Academy Schools. | 皇家艺术学院了 |
[20:00] | – Have you? Congratulations. – Well, do not celebrate yet. | -是吗?恭喜你啊 -好了 先别恭喜 |
[20:02] | I await word of my acceptance. | 我还在等录取通知 |
[20:05] | They only invite a select few to study there, it seems. | 他们似乎只挑选少数人去那里学习 |
[20:07] | But still, it is an exciting prospect. | 但是仍然值得期待呢 |
[20:09] | Well, it’s hardly a grand tour, as you had with your travels. | 跟你的旅行相比 这不算是什么盛大旅行 |
[20:11] | But, yes, | 不过是的 |
[20:13] | I do hope to distinguish myself too. | 我也希望能脱颖而出 |
[20:18] | Watch it, now, Eloise. Yes, then. | 看准了 埃洛伊斯 好的 然后 |
[20:21] | Send it. | 击球! |
[20:23] | Send it! | |
[20:24] | Brava! | -漂亮! -天啊! 为你骄傲 |
[20:30] | Oh, I must compliment you on your daughters, Lady Mary. | 我必须夸赞您的女儿们 玛丽夫人 |
[20:33] | They are a credit to you. | 她们是您的荣耀 |
[20:35] | They are my greatest blessing indeed. | 她们确实是上帝对我最大的恩赐 |
[20:36] | And perhaps our greatest challenge too. | 或许也是我们面临的最大挑战 |
[20:40] | During the marriage mart, at least. | 至少在婚姻市场上是这样 |
[20:43] | Yes, the season can be quite cutthroat. | 是啊 这个社交季相当残酷 |
[20:45] | It has been some time | 您已经有一段时间 |
[20:47] | since you have been on English soil, has it not? | 没来英国了吧? |
[20:49] | Not since I left with my late husband. | 自从我和亡夫离开后 就没回来过了 |
[20:52] | A lifetime ago, it seems. | 好像是上辈子的事了 |
[20:56] | I quite understand. | 我很理解您 |
[20:58] | Aubrey Hall holds many such memories for me as well. | 奥布里府也给我留下了 很多这样的回忆 |
[21:02] | Well, they are off to a slow start, | 他们开局打得很谦让 |
[21:05] | but I have hopes of bloodshed yet. | 但我希望战况可以胶着起来 |
[21:10] | Lady Danbury jests. | 丹伯里女士真会说笑 |
[21:11] | My children may be rivalrous, but we have yet to lose any limbs. | 我的孩子们也许争强好胜 但还不会大打出手 小心点 |
[21:16] | Motherhood seems to suit the duchess very well. | 公爵夫人似乎很适合做母亲 |
[21:19] | Yes, it does. | 是的 没错 |
[21:21] | Our matchmaking efforts last season were quite wise indeed, Lady Bridgerton. | 我们去年的牵线搭桥非常明智 布里杰顿夫人 |
[21:27] | Yes. Perhaps we will have such success again, Lady Danbury. | 是啊 也许我们还会再成功一次呢 丹伯里女士 |
[21:31] | Your follow-through seems widely off-course. | 你的随球动作似乎错了 |
[21:33] | If they can somehow stay the course. | 如果他们能坚持下去的话 |
[21:41] | Yes! | 太好了! |
[21:43] | Mark me, Brother! | 瞧见了吧 |
[21:48] | Cracking shot! | 弟弟! 好球! |
[21:50] | Yes! | -干得漂亮 科林 |
[21:53] | – Oh! – Oh, what luck! | -漂亮! 太幸运了! |
[21:57] | You have the chance to best him. | 你还有机会打败他 |
[21:59] | That would not be very sportsmanlike, would it? | 那就太没有体育精神了吧? |
[22:01] | I was told unsportsmanlike conduct was a requirement for this game. | 有人告诉过我 在这场比赛中无需考虑体育精神 |
[22:04] | A fast learner you are indeed, Miss Sharma. | 你学得真快啊 莎尔玛小姐 |
[22:09] | What do you say, my lord? | 您说呢 我的大人? |
[22:10] | Are you in a losing mood? | 您的心情不好吗? |
[22:12] | My mood shall remain unchanged, regardless of your choice. | 无论你怎么选择 我的心情都不会变 |
[22:15] | Ah, is that so? You would bravely bear the crushing shame of defeat? | 是吗?您会勇敢承受失败的耻辱吗? |
[22:18] | – Play pleasant, Didi. – Not to worry, Miss Edwina. | -只是游戏而已 姐姐 -别担心 埃德温娜小姐 |
[22:21] | In light of my brothers’ and sisters’ tactics, | 鉴于我弟弟妹妹们的战术 |
[22:24] | Miss Sharma conducts herself with much grace indeed. | 莎尔玛小姐的举止已经很优雅了 |
[22:26] | Huh. | |
[22:27] | Then you shall not mind this. | 所以你不介意喽 |
[22:32] | Well done! | 好样的! |
[22:37] | – I knew I liked her. – Miss Edwina. | -我就知道我喜欢她 -埃德温娜小姐 |
[22:40] | It’s your turn. | 该你了 |
[22:41] | Oh. | |
[23:02] | I am bested, I see. | 看来我输了 |
[23:03] | You could still retrieve your ball if you wish to stay in the game. | 如果你想继续玩 可以把球打回来 |
[23:18] | I think I shall cut out. | 我想我还是不玩了 |
[23:25] | I sh… | 我… |
[23:28] | I shall, uh… join you if you like? | 如果你愿意 我跟你一起去 好吗? |
[23:33] | There is no need to spoil your fun on my account. | 没必要为了我破坏您的兴致 |
[23:36] | I shall enjoy some refreshments with our mamas. | 我想去跟妈妈们一起享用点心了 |
[23:43] | Oh! Ugh. I missed it. | 我失误了 |
[23:46] | Colin, it’s your turn. | 科林 该你了 |
[23:55] | Oh, what a shot, Brother! | 好球 弟弟! |
[23:59] | Yes! What a shame. | 是啊!太可惜了 |
[24:01] | You two better go fetch them. | 你俩最好一起去把球打回来 |
[24:03] | Unless you would like to quit, here and now? | 还是你们现在就想退赛呢? |
[24:08] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不会 |
[24:10] | After you. | 你先请 |
[24:29] | You best hope your play does not hand victory to my brothers, | 但愿轮到你击球时 不会把胜利拱手让给我的弟弟们 |
[24:32] | or we shall never hear the end of it. | 否则我们的耳根就没法清净了 |
[24:33] | While you would be magnanimous in victory, I am sure. | 我相信如果是您获胜 |
[24:40] | Oh. | 一定会放过大家的 |
[24:41] | Dash it! | 可恶! |
[24:45] | We could pluck them out. No one would be any the wiser. | 我们可以把球捡出来 没人会知道的 |
[24:50] | But I would know. | 但我知道啊 |
[24:54] | So, you do have honor, then. At least as far as sport is concerned. | 好吧 您确实重视名誉 至少在体育方面是这样的 |
[24:58] | That, and the fact I suspect you’d loudly advertise my cheating | 是啊 以及我怀疑 |
[25:00] | the moment I stepped out of line. | 如果我有什么行差就错 你会大肆宣扬的 |
[25:02] | And vice versa. | 您也会那么对我的 |
[25:11] | There’s nothing for it, then. | 那就没办法了 |
[25:28] | Your play, my lord. | 该您了 我的大人 |
[25:30] | Unless you do not wish to dirty those fine boots of yours? | 除非您不想弄脏漂亮的靴子? |
[25:32] | Do not worry about my boots. | 不用操心我的靴子 |
[25:59] | Help. | 救命 |
[26:00] | Just pull. | 使劲拉就行了 |
[26:02] | I am trying. It is stuck. | 我尽力了 |
[26:13] | – Ow! – Do you want my help or not? | 卡住了 你到底让不让我帮忙? |
[26:26] | It is not amusing. | 一点也不好玩 |
[26:28] | I did not say it was. | 确实不好玩 |
[26:45] | I can’t… | 我没法… |
[26:54] | I believe I… underestimated you, Miss Sharma. | 我觉得 我低估你了 莎尔玛小姐 |
[26:58] | That seems to be the theme of our acquaintance, does it not? | 不打不相识 不是吗? |
[27:04] | Well, since we are long past formalities… | 好吧 既然我们早就不拘泥于礼节了… |
[27:09] | tell me frankly. | 你就坦白告诉我吧 |
[27:11] | What must I do to win your approval? | 我要怎么做才能赢得你的认可? |
[27:13] | I do not withhold it out of spite, my lord. | 我有所保留 并非出于恶意 我的大人 |
[27:17] | I simply wish to steer my sister to the greatest possible happiness. | 我只是想引导我的妹妹获得幸福 |
[27:22] | I’d have thought you could understand my position, | 我还以为您能理解我的立场 |
[27:24] | seeing as you too have sisters to protect. | 因为您也有妹妹需要保护 |
[27:26] | It’s different. It’s my duty as their… | 那不一样 我有责任保护她们… |
[27:28] | I am the same for Edwina, in every way that matters. | 在重要问题上 我对埃德温娜也是一样 |
[27:34] | Then let us put our past acrimony behind us, | 那就让我们摒弃成见 |
[27:36] | and allow me to prove | 让我来证明 |
[27:37] | I can offer your sister all the happiness and security you seek. | 我能给你妹妹带来 你口中的幸福和安全感 |
[27:40] | Could you… | 你能… |
[27:42] | Could you do me that favor? | 你能帮我的忙吗? |
[27:49] | Truce or not, | 不管是否休战 |
[27:52] | I shall never surrender to you on the sporting field. | 我都不会在运动场上向您投降 |
[27:58] | Ha! | |
[27:59] | Your turn, my lord. | 该您了 我的大人 |
[28:05] | Is something the matter? | 有什么问题吗? |
[28:07] | I have won! | 我赢了! |
[28:11] | She will be amusing company at dinner. | 晚餐时 她会成为有趣的伙伴 |
[28:20] | Lord Bridgerton, do you not wish to retrieve… | 布里杰顿大人 你不想把球… |
[28:22] | The game is over. | 游戏结束了 (缅怀第八任子爵艾德蒙布里杰顿) (1803年5月去世) |
[29:29] | You cannot do this. | (挚爱亲眷立碑于此) 这是不对的 你不能这么做 |
[29:31] | You get him back in here now! | -赶紧让他回去! -薰衣草是蓝色的 亲爱的 |
[29:33] | My lord. You must come in. | -大人 -薰衣草是绿色的 您必须进来一下 |
[29:36] | Me? | -我吗? |
[29:37] | It is imperative. | -事情紧急 |
[29:38] | Ah. | 我会成为女王 |
[29:49] | All is well. Please. You must not be standing. | 一切都很好 您不能站着了 |
[29:53] | All is not well. I have done this seven times. | 一切都不好 我已经生过七胎了 |
[29:55] | I know what well is, and this is not well. He cannot do this. | 我知道好坏 现在并不好 他做不到呀 |
[29:59] | I will not allow it. You stop him. | 我不会允许的 你快阻止他 |
[30:02] | The baby is not in position. | 胎位不正 |
[30:04] | – What does that mean? – It’s turned the wrong way. | -这是什么意思? -方向错了 |
[30:06] | I need to know what you’d like us to do. | 我想知道 您想让我们做什么 |
[30:08] | – I don’t know what you… – I’ll do my best. | -我不知道你… -我会尽力的 |
[30:10] | But there may need to be a choice made. | 但可能需要做出选择 |
[30:14] | Who would your lordship prefer? | 您会如何选择? |
[30:17] | – What? – What are you saying to him? | -什么? -你跟他说什么呢? |
[30:20] | I told you, you may not speak to him. | 我告诉过你了 不要跟他说话 |
[30:22] | Speak to me! | 来跟我说话! |
[30:25] | It is a conversation for his lordship. | 这是跟子爵大人的对话 |
[30:27] | His lordship is a child! | 子爵还是孩子! |
[30:31] | He’s my child. He was born in this very room, from this very body. | 他是我的孩子 他是在这间房间出生的 就是我生的 |
[30:36] | It is no matter to him. | 跟他没关系的 |
[30:39] | Let us speak in the hall. | 我们去大厅说吧 |
[30:41] | No, Anthony. Do not leave this room. | 不要 安东尼 不要离开这个房间 |
[30:43] | Mother, please. Lie down, still your mind. | 母亲 拜托 躺下吧 冷静一点 |
[30:46] | I will find out what he is asking of me and return immediately. | 我去弄清楚他要我做什么 然后马上回来 |
[30:49] | He is asking of you to decide which one of us should live. | 他要你决定 我和孩子谁生谁死 |
[30:53] | Me or the baby. | 保大还是保小 |
[30:56] | You kill the baby. You save the mother. | 你放弃孩子 就能拯救母亲 |
[31:00] | You cut the mother. You save the child. | 你把母亲切开 就能拯救孩子 |
[31:03] | It is not your choice to make. | 不应该由你来选择 |
[31:04] | – It is mine. – It is his lordship’s choice. | -应该由我来选择 -这就是子爵大人的选择 |
[31:07] | Edmund is his lordship! | 艾德蒙才是子爵大人! |
[31:12] | The choice is Edmund’s. | 应该由艾德蒙来选择 |
[31:15] | It could only be Edmund’s because he loved me. | 只能由艾德蒙选择 因为他爱我 |
[31:19] | He loved me so much. This wouldn’t even be a conversation. | 他很爱我 根本不会有这样的谈话 |
[31:25] | Because that kind of love, | 因为他很爱我 |
[31:28] | the answer, this choice, | 答案和选择 |
[31:32] | is obvious. | 是显而易见的 |
[31:36] | I should not have to explain this to anyone! | 我本来不需要向任何人解释这些的! |
[31:40] | Edmund should be here! | 艾德蒙应该在这里的! |
[31:47] | Do what she wants. | 按照她的意思做 |
[31:49] | – Your lordship… – Whatever she chooses. | -大人… -听从她的选择 |
[31:52] | I will do my best to save them both. | 我会尽全力救他们母子的 |
[31:59] | Do not leave me! | 别离开我! |
[32:10] | Flutter it so, to draw his eyes to your bosom. | 挥动扇子 吸引他的眼睛看你的胸部 |
[32:15] | There. | 很好 |
[32:16] | And remember to laugh at his jokes. | 还要记得 他讲笑话 你要迎合 |
[32:18] | Every man wishes to be thought a sharp wit. | 所有男人都希望被认为是风趣幽默的 |
[32:21] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 我… |
[32:28] | It is a good day, indeed. | 今天天气不错呢 |
[32:31] | It’s hot, though. | 不过很热 |
[32:34] | Is it not, Prudence? | 不是吗 普鲁登斯? |
[32:35] | Yes, it’s very hot. | 是啊 非常热 |
[32:38] | Unseasonably so. | 热得反常呢 |
[32:44] | Mama, might I return to the modiste? | 母亲 我能回女装裁缝那里吗? |
[32:47] | – I need new ribbons. – Not now, Penelope. | -我需要新丝带 |
[32:53] | Uh… | -现在不行 佩内洛普 |
[32:54] | Prudence was just asking about the Americas. | 普鲁登斯刚刚问起美洲的情况呢 |
[32:58] | – Were you not, Prudence? – I… | -是吧 普鲁登斯? -我… |
[33:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:02] | You have an interest in travel? | 你对旅行感兴趣吗? |
[33:04] | Adore it. | 我很热爱 |
[33:07] | I mean to say, I would adore it. | 我的意思是 我会很热爱旅行的 |
[33:10] | I… I have not been further than Sussex. | 但我最远只去过萨塞克斯 |
[33:14] | Mama says everywhere beyond Hampshire is positively uncivilized. | 母亲说汉普郡以外的地方 都还没有开化 |
[33:21] | How she jests. | 她真会开玩笑 |
[33:22] | Dear Pru is… such a wit. | 普鲁登斯好幽默呀 |
[33:25] | Well, the Americas are certainly further than Hampshire. | 美洲可比汉普郡远多了 |
[33:36] | Oh, I have invited the Cowpers to dinner this evening. | 我邀请了考珀一家今晚共进晚餐 |
[33:41] | The Cowpers? | 考珀一家? |
[33:43] | Uh, could this have anything to do | 您请他们吃饭 |
[33:46] | with the necklace you gifted Miss Cowper, I believe it was? | 跟您送考珀小姐的项链有关系吗? |
[33:49] | Do I need a reason to enjoy their company? | 我邀请他们 还需要理由吗? |
[33:51] | You’ll make the arrangements? Venison, perhaps? | 你会负责安排吗?吃鹿肉吧? |
[33:56] | It did not work. | 没有起作用呢 |
[33:58] | Cousin Jack did not glance once at my bosom. | 杰克表哥一次都没看我的胸 |
[34:01] | Stop calling him that. | 别再那样称呼他了 |
[34:04] | And stop that too. | 也别再扇了 |
[34:10] | I do hope the afternoon was not too taxing for you. | 希望下午的活动没把你弄得太累 |
[34:13] | Not at all, my lord. | 完全没有 大人 |
[34:15] | My brothers and sisters, they can be wearying. | 我的弟弟妹妹挺累人的 |
[34:18] | Oh. I find it is impossible for me | 我发现呼吸乡间的新鲜空气 |
[34:21] | to grow weary in the fresh country air. | 可以让人不会感到疲倦 |
[34:24] | That is a happy outlook. | 真是乐观的态度呢 |
[34:25] | You shall need it if you are to spend much more time with the Bridgertons. | 如果想多跟布里杰顿家族在一起 是需要乐观的 |
[34:35] | Do you imagine you should like to raise your family out here | 您觉得您愿意在这里组建家庭吗? |
[34:38] | in the country, my lord? | 就在乡下 大人 |
[34:40] | It is likely my responsibilities will keep me moving around quite often. | 我的职责可能会让我经常搬家 |
[34:45] | It is entirely possible that there will be stretches of time | 我完全有可能在一段时间内 |
[34:48] | where I’ll be apart from my children. My wife too. | 要离开我的孩子们 以及我的妻子 |
[34:53] | I do look forward to supporting my husband | 我很期待能够支持我的丈夫 |
[34:56] | in whatever his endeavors may be. | 不管他的职责是什么 |
[34:59] | You do express yourself so agreeably, Miss Edwina. | 你的表达方式真是令人愉快 埃德温娜小姐 |
[35:02] | It is refreshing and rare indeed. | 令人耳目一新 着实少见 |
[35:08] | Though, to be clear, my lord, | 不过我要说清楚 大人 |
[35:11] | that is not to say I do not have a mind of my own. | 这并不是说我没有自己的思想 |
[35:14] | I have found that | 我发现 |
[35:16] | one may easily remain agreeable | 当一个人心智健全时 |
[35:18] | when one also has inner resources. | 更容易讨人喜欢 |
[35:21] | I myself am fortunate | 我自己很幸运 |
[35:24] | to have found a love of literature, but also of learning as well. | 不仅热爱文学 也热爱学习 |
[35:28] | It is why I am | 所以我才会这样 |
[35:31] | quite content in different circumstances. | 遇到不同情况 都会怡然自得 |
[35:34] | Fulfilled even, | 感到满足 |
[35:36] | in all my varied interests and employments, you see. | 各种兴趣和工作令我充实 |
[35:41] | I must admit to you. | 我必须承认 |
[35:44] | The only books I have read this year | 我今年只读过一本书 |
[35:47] | are ledgers of the estate’s accounts. | 就是庄园的账簿 |
[35:50] | And, um, they’re all dreadfully boring. | 而且它们都很无聊 |
[35:59] | It is perfect, then. | 那就完美了 |
[36:01] | You are much too busy to read, | 您太忙了 没时间看书 |
[36:02] | and I am very much in need of someone to tell about my stories. | 我也非常需要有人听我讲故事 |
[36:06] | I so enjoy talking of books. | 我很喜欢讲述书里的故事 |
[36:09] | Go on, then. | 那就讲讲吧 |
[36:12] | Have you read Ghalib? | 你读过迦利布的诗吗? |
[36:17] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[36:19] | Good. | 太好了 |
[36:26] | He is quite funny. | 他很风趣 |
[36:28] | Hmm. | |
[36:29] | – A good thing, I suppose. – Intelligent too. | -看来是好事呢 -也很聪明 |
[36:31] | I would have not expected otherwise. | 跟我想的一样 |
[36:33] | And the conversation, there were no awkward pauses. | 我们的谈话也没有尴尬的停顿 |
[36:36] | Really. No truly disastrous lulls. | 真的 没有那种灾难性的冷场 |
[36:39] | What… | 你… |
[36:40] | What did you talk about? | 你都跟他说什么了? |
[36:42] | His family, to begin with. | 先是他的家庭 |
[36:44] | So it was all about him, then? Bon, if the conversation felt one-sided… | 所以都是聊他吗? 小妹 如果谈话内容都是单方面的… |
[36:47] | Only it did not. | 并非如此 |
[36:49] | I was convinced my poor showing on the pall-mall field | 我本来觉得我在铁圈球场的糟糕表现 |
[36:53] | left the viscount feeling… indifferent. | 会让子爵觉得 很平庸呢 |
[36:56] | But he asked me questions about myself, about our family. | 但他问了一些关于我的问题 还有关于我们家庭的问题 |
[37:00] | He was interested in everything I had to say, Didi. | 我说的内容 他都很感兴趣 姐姐 |
[37:02] | In the books I have read, even in the books I have not. | 包括我读过的书 还有没读过的书 |
[37:06] | Well, uh, | 好吧 |
[37:08] | I… I only hope his intentions were genuine and nothing less. | 我只希望他的意图是真诚的 |
[37:12] | I truly believe something will come of this. | 我坚信我们会有结果的 |
[37:17] | A proposal, Didi. | 求婚 姐姐 |
[37:20] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉到 |
[37:23] | So, it is all going well, then? | 所以一切都很顺利吗? |
[37:26] | Extremely. | 非常顺利 |
[37:27] | And did Miss Edwina mention pall-mall? She did not appear to be having much fun. | 埃德温娜小姐有没有提到铁圈球? 她看起来玩得并不怎么开心 |
[37:32] | Well, how could she have done, | 她还能怎么样呢? |
[37:33] | when the lot of you were downright gladiatorial out there? | 你们这些人简直就是角斗士 |
[37:36] | As if the game can be played any other way. | 这游戏的玩法就是这样呀 |
[37:38] | I was surprised she played for as long as she did. | 她能打那么久 我很惊讶了 |
[37:42] | It is no matter. | 无所谓了 |
[37:44] | Miss Edwina did not need to win a silly game in order to win my heart. | 埃德温娜小姐不需要为了赢得我的心 而去赢一场破球赛 |
[37:49] | Who are you, and what have you done with my brother? | 你是谁呀 你把我的哥哥怎么样了? |
[37:53] | – Daph. – Has this young lady truly won your heart? | -达芙妮 -这位小姐真的赢得你的内心了吗? |
[37:55] | You met her. | 你见过她了 |
[37:57] | You met her family. She is delightful, | 你也见过她的家人 她很讨人喜欢 |
[37:59] | and pleasant, | 礼貌友善 |
[38:01] | and interesting. | 为人风趣 |
[38:02] | Even wise. | 而且聪明 |
[38:04] | What exactly are your objections? | 你到底反对什么? |
[38:07] | Well, I s… I suppose I do not have any. | 好吧 那我没有什么反对的 |
[38:11] | If you say Miss Edwina is the one for you. | 只要你觉得 埃德温娜小姐就是真命天女 |
[38:15] | If you say she is the one in whose presence | 只要你觉得 你在她面前你无法思考 |
[38:17] | you cannot properly think, or even… or even breathe. | 甚至无法呼吸 |
[38:23] | If you say you feel that feeling. | 只要你觉得 你有那种感觉 |
[38:26] | Feeling? | 感觉? |
[38:29] | What… | 什么… |
[38:33] | Uh… | |
[38:34] | The one that makes it impossible for you to look away from them | 在任何时候 都让你无法将目光 |
[38:38] | at any given moment. | 从她们身上移开 |
[38:41] | When your | 让你的 |
[38:43] | body and soul | 身体和灵魂 |
[38:46] | feel as if they could burst into flames | 只要你们彼此靠近时 |
[38:49] | whenever the two of you are near. | 就会感觉好像要燃起熊熊烈火 |
[38:53] | When all you are able to do in their presence | 当你们四目相对时 你所能做的 |
[38:56] | is to fight the urge to lean forward and… and touch their lips with yours. | 就是抑制住自己 想要倾身亲吻对方嘴唇的冲动 |
[39:04] | If that is the feeling you have when you are with Miss Edwina, | 如果你和埃德温娜小姐在一起时 能有这种感觉 |
[39:07] | I am quite happy for you indeed. | 那我就着实为你感到开心了 |
[39:13] | I could not have described it better myself. | 你的描述说到我的心坎里了 |
[39:17] | Huh. | |
[39:34] | Do I really wish to know? | 我想要知道吗? |
[39:38] | Do not answer that. | 千万别回答 |
[39:52] | How agreeable that you could all join us this evening, and on such little notice. | 今晚你们能来共进晚餐 真是太好了 而且只是临时邀请 |
[39:57] | Of course, Lady Featherington. | 当然了 费瑟灵顿夫人 |
[39:59] | How dare we decline an invitation from the man of the hour? | 我们怎敢拒绝风云人物的邀请呢? |
[40:03] | Apparently. | 显然是啦 |
[40:04] | Yes, the new Lord Featherington has certainly made a splash in town. | 是啊 新任费瑟灵顿大人 确实在镇上引起轰动了呢 |
[40:07] | Has he not, Prudence? | 是吧 普鲁登斯? |
[40:14] | Lord Featherington, | 费瑟灵顿大人 |
[40:15] | I’m quite interested to hear more | 我很想多听您说说美洲的宝石矿 |
[40:17] | about your gemstone mines back in the Americas. | 它们很适合被制作成 |
[40:20] | They certainly do make for the most exquisite of necklaces, my lord. | 最精美的项链 我的大人 |
[40:23] | Why talk of rubies across the ocean | 这里就有许多东西等待着去发掘 |
[40:25] | when there is so much to discover just here? | 为什么要聊大洋彼岸的红宝石呢? |
[40:28] | Tell me, Miss Cowper, do you have brothers, perchance? | 跟我说说 考珀小姐 你有兄弟吗? |
[40:32] | Alas, I am an only child. | 很可惜 我是独生女 |
[40:34] | But I consider myself particularly maternal. | 但我觉得自己特别有母性 |
[40:39] | Pardon me. | 不好意思 |
[40:41] | You were saying, dearest? | 你刚才说什么 亲爱的? |
[40:42] | Well, I would never dream of bragging… | 好啦 |
[40:44] | …but I have always been told I have a warm, affectionate disposition. | 不是我自夸 但别人总是说我性格温暖亲切 |
[40:49] | You are a credit to your sex, indeed. | 你确实是女性的楷模 |
[40:52] | I say, Featherington, | 我说 费瑟灵顿大人 |
[40:53] | I bet you could never find a venison like this in the Americas. | 我敢打赌 |
[40:56] | There is certainly nothing like English cooking. | 你在美洲是找不到这么好的鹿肉的 英式烹饪确实是最棒的 |
[40:59] | Then you must be our guest. My cook is renowned for her trifle. | 下次来我家做客吧 我家厨师做的松饼很有名哦 |
[41:03] | Is that the cook you stole from the Evans household? | 是你从埃文斯家抢来的那名厨师吗? |
[41:08] | I am curious, my lord. | 我很好奇 我的大人 |
[41:11] | All those years traveling, you have not been tempted to marry? | 游历多年 您就没想过要结婚吗? |
[41:17] | I wished to establish myself in the world first. | 我想先立业再成家的 |
[41:20] | Uh, but now, as Lord Featherington, | 但是现在 作为费瑟灵顿大人 |
[41:24] | there comes a time in everyone’s life when one needs a partner. | 每个人的生活中 都会有需要伴侣的时刻 |
[41:27] | Someone who sees you as you truly are | 她会看到你真正的模样 |
[41:31] | to help ease the burdens of the day. | 帮你减轻生活的重担 |
[41:35] | Hmm. | |
[41:37] | Is that a new dress, Cressida? | 这是条新裙子吧 克蕾丝达? |
[41:39] | Is it not lovely? | 是不是很好看啊? |
[41:40] | That new modiste is most accomplished. | 这是新来的女装裁缝最成功的作品呢 |
[41:44] | Madame Delacroix’s designs seem | 相比之下 |
[41:46] | rather tired by comparison. | 德拉克洛瓦的设计相当老套了 |
[41:49] | Could you stop your interruptions? | 你能别再插嘴了吗? |
[41:51] | – I was merely asking. – Prudence, did you say something? | -我只是问问而已 -普鲁登斯 你刚才说什么? |
[41:56] | I did, in fact. | 是啊 其实 |
[42:00] | I was wondering if, perhaps after dinner, | 我在想 也许晚饭后 |
[42:03] | I might display my singing voice for everyone? | 我能向大家展示我的歌喉吗? |
[42:05] | Oh, dear Lord. | 天啊 |
[42:06] | Have I mentioned my Cressida | 我有提过 我的克蕾丝达 |
[42:07] | is accomplished in both song and the pianoforte? | 很擅长唱歌和弹钢琴吗? |
[42:11] | Oh my. I could never do that. Philippa… | 天啊 我可不行 菲利帕… |
[42:13] | Miss Cowper, are you occupied on Thursday? | 考珀小姐 你星期四有空吗? |
[42:16] | Might I ask you for the honor of your company for a promenade? | 我能邀请你去散步吗? |
[42:19] | Rotten Row, perhaps? | 去骑马道怎么样? |
[42:21] | I would be simply delighted, my lord. | 荣幸之至 我的大人 |
[42:32] | I really would be happy to sing… | 我真的很乐意唱… |
[42:34] | Enough, Prudence. | 够了 普鲁登斯 |
[42:42] | If it is a clear mind you seek, Brother, I may know how to help. | 如果你想要保持头脑清醒 哥哥 也许我知道该怎么帮你 |
[42:45] | Worldly travelers use it as a way to open their minds | 世界各地的旅行者 都用这种东西来打开思路 |
[42:49] | and transcend ordinary anxieties. | 解除焦虑 |
[42:56] | Smells rather foul, does it not? | 闻着好臭啊 不是吗? |
[42:58] | It only takes the smallest of doses to feel the effects. | 只需要很小的剂量就能感受到效果 |
[43:07] | Whatever is the point? | 重点是什么? |
[43:08] | I hardly think a tea will distract me from the momentous decision | 我觉得喝茶并不能转移我的注意力 |
[43:11] | the proctors at the Royal Schools are making at this very moment. | 让我忘记皇家艺术学院的考官 此刻正在做出的重大决定 |
[43:14] | Or perhaps it will allow you | 或许它会让你 |
[43:16] | to escape the thoughts that’ve been plaguing your mind. | 逃离一直困扰着你的思绪 |
[43:18] | The doubts, the questions that seem to linger, | 那些疑惑 那些似乎挥之不去的问题 |
[43:21] | no matter how far you go to escape them. | 尽管你努力想要摆脱 |
[43:24] | – Are you quite well, Brother? – You will see. | -你还好吗 弟弟? -等着瞧吧 |
[43:26] | This tea is quite the elixir. | 这茶绝对是灵丹妙药 |
[43:29] | On one occasion, in Paxos, I found myself meditating for hours | 有一次 在帕克索斯群岛 我发现自己在一片草地上 |
[43:33] | upon a single blade of grass. Uh… | 冥想了几个小时 |
[43:48] | Hell and the devil. That’s bad. | 天啊 |
[44:16] | Oh. Hi. | 太难喝了 |
[44:21] | You must not let the game of pall-mall dismay you. | 你不能让铁圈球游戏 搞得自己垂头丧气 |
[44:23] | Antagonism is, I’m afraid, what you must expect. | 恐怕互相对抗是难免的事 |
[44:39] | Can I ask you something, Miss Eloise? | 我能问你一件事吗 埃洛伊斯? |
[44:41] | Did I purposely make the third wicket two inches narrower than last year? Yes. | 我是不是故意让第三洞球门 比去年变窄了七厘米?是的 |
[44:47] | Anything. | 你问吧 |
[44:50] | I fear I may have upset the viscount during our game. | 恐怕我在比赛中惹到子爵了 |
[44:53] | Ah. | |
[44:55] | You were near our father’s grave? | 你们去我们父亲的坟墓附近了? |
[44:58] | Well, then his mood was not on your account. | 那他心情不好不是因为你 |
[45:00] | He rarely goes near if he can help it. | 他很少去那附近的 |
[45:07] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你一件事吗? |
[45:12] | Was it your choice you never married? | 你不结婚是自己的选择吗? |
[45:14] | My brothers tell me I have a habit of being rather direct. | 我的哥哥们都说 我说话很直接 |
[45:18] | But everyone tells me it is fate worse than death to end up a spinster. | 但大家都告诉我 不结婚比死还惨 |
[45:23] | But you seem perfectly content with your situation. | 但你似乎对自己的境况很满意 |
[45:31] | You must know, it is hardly ideal. | 你必须知道 这并不容易 |
[45:33] | The world is not exactly welcoming to an unmarried woman. | 这个世界对不婚女性并不友好 |
[45:36] | There seems to be no place in society for us, | 我们在社会上似乎没有容身之地 |
[45:38] | except at the edge of things. | 只能站在边缘 |
[45:40] | That rather seems to be society’s flaw, not a woman’s. | 这似乎是社会的问题 不是女人的问题 |
[45:45] | Indeed, it does. | 确实如此 |
[46:32] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[46:35] | There you are. | 您在这里啊 |
[46:37] | Here I am. | 是啊 |
[46:42] | You look well. | 您的气色不错 |
[46:46] | I slept. | 我睡觉了 |
[46:49] | I bathed. | 我洗澡了 |
[46:52] | I went for a walk outdoors. I saw the children. | 我去外面散步了 我看到孩子们了 |
[46:57] | I went to chapel. Now I’m making myself | 我去教堂了 现在我在刺绣 |
[47:01] | useful with embroidery. | 让自己变得有用 |
[47:04] | Perhaps join us for family dinner? | 跟我们一起吃晚餐吧? |
[47:10] | I know this is hard. | 我知道这很难 |
[47:12] | I know you miss him. | 我知道您很想念他 |
[47:14] | – Please… – But we all miss him. | -求你了… -但我们都很想念他 |
[47:16] | – And I think… – Anthony, this is it. | -我觉得… -安东尼 就这样吧 |
[47:17] | This is my best. I am doing my best. | 我尽力了 我在尽力了 |
[47:21] | Every day, I get up, | 每一天 我挣扎着起床 |
[47:23] | I get dressed, I feed myself, I try to breathe in and out. | 梳洗打扮 喂饱自己 努力呼吸 |
[47:29] | I force myself to stop by the nursery. | 我强迫自己多去育儿室看看 |
[47:34] | And I think about how | 我的心里 |
[47:36] | sorry I feel for little baby Hyacinth | 为小海厄森斯感到难过 |
[47:39] | because she will never know Edmund’s laugh. | 因为她永远都听不到艾德蒙的笑声了 |
[47:45] | Or the way he smelled, | 闻不到他的味道了 |
[47:46] | or what it is to be hugged in his arms. | 感受不到他的拥抱了 |
[47:53] | I feel even sorrier for myself because, most of the time, | 我更为自己感到难过 因为大多数时候 |
[47:57] | all I am thinking is that this little baby | 我只想着 这个小宝宝 |
[47:59] | did not do me the kindness of killing me | 并没有好心地杀死我 |
[48:02] | so that I could be with my husband. | 好让我去陪伴我的丈夫 |
[48:07] | Edmund was the air that I breathed. | 艾德蒙曾是我呼吸的空气 |
[48:13] | And now there is no air. | 现在没有空气了 |
[48:17] | So, | 所以 |
[48:20] | do not ask me about family dinner. | 不要让我去参加家庭聚餐了 |
[48:27] | I am doing my best. | 我在尽力了 |
[48:33] | Anthony? | 安东尼? |
[48:37] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[48:41] | – I can take my leave. – No. Stay. | -我先告辞了 -别走 留下来吧 |
[48:44] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[49:05] | Lilacs were his favorite. | 紫丁香是他的最爱 |
[49:19] | Dearest. | 亲爱的 |
[49:21] | I hate to see you like this. | 我不想看到你这样 |
[49:23] | So weighed down. | 那么垂头丧气 |
[49:26] | Courtship, the consideration of a proposal, | 去求爱吧 考虑求婚的事 |
[49:29] | choosing the person you wish to spend the rest of your life with. | 选择你希望共度余生的人 |
[49:33] | My darling boy, it should be a time full of joy. | 亲爱的孩子 那应该是很美好的时刻 |
[49:38] | – I am content. – Mm. | 我很满足了 |
[49:41] | I’m fulfilling my duty to this family, Mother. | 我正在履行对家族的责任 母亲 |
[49:44] | That is what takes precedence above all else. | 这才是最重要的 |
[49:46] | Just because you are dedicated to this family | 你要以家族为重 |
[49:49] | does not mean that there should be no room left for love, Anthony. | 并不意味着 你不能拥有自己的真爱 安东尼 |
[49:55] | Your father took his role as viscount seriously, | 你父亲认真履行着子爵的职责 |
[49:58] | but he also loved deeply. | 但他也深深地爱着 |
[50:02] | I know that is what you want too. I know that, deep down, | 我知道这也是你想要的 我知道在你的内心深处 |
[50:05] | it is what you have always wanted. | 这是你一直想要的 |
[50:07] | You’re quite certain how well you know me. | 您很确定自己很了解我呢 |
[50:09] | I know how sweet and earnest you were as a boy. | 我知道你小时候有多么真诚可爱 |
[50:12] | Always with a kind word and a joke. | 总是待人宽厚 爱讲笑话 |
[50:18] | But then, after your father died, a wall went up inside you, | 但你父亲去世后 你就在心中筑起了高墙 |
[50:21] | as if love had become some… | 好像爱变成了… |
[50:25] | some weakness | 你的软肋 |
[50:28] | instead of your greatest strength. And that is not you. | 而不是你最坚强的铠甲 但你不是这样的人 |
[50:33] | You deserve the feeling that I had | 你父亲把戒指戴在我手指上的那一刻 |
[50:36] | the moment your father placed that ring on my finger. | 那种感觉 你值得拥有 |
[50:40] | It was a promise, not just of the sacred commitment | 那是一种承诺 不仅是我们对彼此 |
[50:43] | that we were making to one another, but a sacred love. | 做出的神圣承诺 也是一种神圣的爱 |
[50:45] | – Love shall have no place in my marriage. – You cannot mean that. | -我的婚姻中不允许有爱情 -你不能这么说 |
[50:48] | I seek an amiable partner with whom I may share a pleasant life, | 我只想寻找一位谦和的伴侣 与她共度美好生活 |
[50:52] | untouched by heartbreak and the ravages of grief. | 不受心碎和悲伤的摧残 |
[50:59] | You were barely even there… | 他死后… |
[51:03] | after he died. | 您一直故意疏远 |
[51:05] | And yet, I, myself, | 但我自己 |
[51:08] | am cursed to remember every waking moment. | 却像被诅咒一样 牢记着每时每刻 |
[51:13] | I could never… | 我永远不会… |
[51:15] | I could never be the cause of such pain, | 我永远不会造成这样的痛苦 |
[51:19] | no matter how cruel and hard-hearted everyone else may find me to be. | 不管其他人会觉得 我有多么残忍 多么无情 |
[51:39] | This room is exceptionally well-lit. | 这间房间格外明亮 |
[51:44] | Have you noticed, Col? | 你注意到了吗 科林? |
[51:46] | The twinkle of the candles, it is as… | 烛光闪烁 |
[51:49] | – It’s as if… we sit among the stars. – What is wrong with you? | 仿佛我们置身在星空之中 你有毛病吗? |
[51:53] | I was just telling Benedict how brilliant the stars were in Greece. | 我只是在告诉本尼迪克特 希腊的星星多么璀璨 |
[51:59] | Are you enjoying your time here, Miss Edwina? | 你在这里过得愉快吗 埃德温娜小姐? |
[52:01] | I am, very much. The buzz of the city is thrilling indeed, | 非常愉快 城市的喧嚣确实让人兴奋 |
[52:05] | but I quite enjoy the peace of the country. | 但我很喜欢乡村的宁静 |
[52:07] | As do I. Though I dare say. It is not quite so peaceful | 我也是 不过我敢说 |
[52:10] | with my entire family in residence. | 我们全家都住在这栋庄园里 并没有那么宁静 |
[52:14] | I understand, my lord. | 我能理解 大人 |
[52:15] | Certainly, I cannot compare my family with your seven brothers and sisters, | 诚然 我的家庭 没法跟你们七兄妹的大家庭相提并论 |
[52:19] | but, | 但是 |
[52:21] | my sister and I were known to be a handful growing up too. | 大家都知道 我和姐姐从小也是难管教的 |
[52:23] | Mm. I can imagine. | 我可以想象 |
[52:25] | But Kate always has had my best interests at heart. | 但是凯特总是把我的利益放在心上 |
[52:28] | She bears a heavy responsibility for our family. | 她把我们的家族视为己任 |
[52:30] | That sounds remarkably similar to you, Anthony. | 听起来跟你很像呢 安东尼 |
[52:33] | Much familial responsibility to bear, indeed. | 确实 |
[52:36] | It was a revelation. | 要承担很多家庭责任 |
[52:38] | Made all the better by the knowledge that I may have been the only Briton | 那是一种启示 |
[52:41] | to see it in decades. | 更让我感到欣慰的是 |
[52:42] | Mmm. Mmm! | 我可能是几十年来 唯一一个看到那些的英国人 |
[52:46] | Benedict, dear, you alarm our guests. | 本尼迪克特 亲爱的 你吓到我们的客人了 |
[52:49] | – It’s all right, Lady Bridgerton. – Perhaps… | 没事的 布里杰顿夫人 也许… |
[52:54] | …it is time for a toast. | 是时候来敬酒了 |
[52:56] | A good idea. To cheer our guests. | 好主意 |
[52:58] | Or to tend to other pressing matters. | 为我们的客人祝福 或者聊聊其他要紧的问题 |
[53:10] | My… I believe my sister and I have grown rather weary. | 夫人…我和妹妹都有点累了 |
[53:12] | A toast. Yes. | 干杯 是的 |
[53:18] | My sincere gratitude to the Sharmas for joining us. | 我衷心感谢莎尔玛家族光临 |
[53:21] | It has been splendid having you here | 很高兴你们能来这里 |
[53:24] | to witness what is now my second annual loss at pall-mall. | 见证我在铁圈球比赛中的第二次惨败 |
[53:28] | Not to be repeated, I assure you. | 不会再重演了 我向你们保证 |
[53:33] | And my special gratitude to Miss Edwina. | 我要特别感谢埃德温娜小姐 |
[53:38] | It has certainly been a privilege | 在过去的日子里 |
[53:39] | to truly make your acquaintance these past days. | 能真正认识你 真是我的荣幸 |
[53:42] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[53:43] | I believe there is a question I would like to ask you. | 我有一个问题想要问你 |
[54:00] | I should like to, uh… | 我想… |
[54:08] | I should like to ask you to please | 我想拜托你 |
[54:11] | refrain from telling anyone back in London about yesterday’s loss. | 不要把昨天输球的事告诉伦敦的人 |
[54:14] | I fear the harm to my reputation would simply be too great. | 我担心这会对我的名誉造成严重损害 |
[54:18] | Um… | |
[54:20] | To the pleasant days ahead. | 为未来的美好生活干杯 |
[54:22] | – Uh, pleasant days. – Hear! Hear! | -敬美好生活 -是啊!是啊! |
[54:24] | – Days ahead. – Hear! Hear! | -敬未来 -是啊!是啊! |
[54:27] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[54:32] | Mm. | |
[55:02] | – You must know you did nothing wrong. – I must have done something. | -你要知道 你没做错什么 -我肯定哪里做错了 |
[55:07] | The rest of the ton are now set to join us in the country. | 上流社会的其他人也将要来到乡下了 |
[55:11] | Surely, if the viscount were to propose, he’d have done it by now. Yes? | 如果子爵要求婚 他早就求婚了 |
[55:17] | – What if I have missed my chance? – Edwina. | -如果我错过机会了怎么办? -埃德温娜 |
[55:19] | Perhaps I should’ve found out more about the Bridgertons. | 也许我该多了解一下布里杰顿家族的 |
[55:21] | I should’ve known more about their interests. | 我应该多了解一下他们的兴趣 |
[55:24] | I should’ve been better. | 我应该表现得更好的 |
[55:33] | I have bungled this entire affair. | 全都被我搞砸了 |
[55:37] | And now I feel like a fool. | 现在我觉得自己像是傻瓜 |
[55:42] | Never say such a thing, Bon. | 不要再说这样的话了 小妹 |
[55:44] | I knew he would only end up hurting you. Come here. | 我就知道他最后只会伤害你 让我抱抱 |
[55:53] | I hate seeing you like this. | 我不想看到你这样 |
[55:57] | I thought he liked me. | 我以为他喜欢我 |
[56:04] | You are the diamond of the season. | 你是社交季的钻石淑女 |
[56:07] | There is nary a gentleman back in London who does not wish for your hand. | 伦敦的绅士没有一个不希望娶你的 |
[56:13] | You have choices, Bon. | 你有很多选择的 小妹 |
[56:17] | All will be well, | 一切都会好起来的 |
[56:18] | despite this disappointment with the viscount, I assure you. | 尽管你对子爵很失望 但我向你保证 |
[56:50] | Are you still up? | 你还没睡吗? |
[56:51] | Ugh. You may wish to bathe before you see Mother in the morning. | 早上见母亲之前 你最好先洗个澡 |
[56:54] | It’s magical, Brother. | 太神奇了 兄弟 |
[56:57] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[56:58] | I’ve allowed my doubts to plague me for too long. | 我让我的怀疑困扰我太久了 |
[57:00] | The Royal Academy Schools are not the arbiters of taste. The world is! | 皇家艺术学院才不是品味的评判者 世界才是! |
[57:04] | You are a fatwit. | 你就是笨蛋 |
[57:06] | Benedict, something has apparently arrived for you. | 本尼迪克特 这东西是寄给你的 |
[57:08] | A letter from London. | 一封伦敦寄来的信 |
[57:20] | I have a place. | 我拿到入学资格了 |
[57:22] | The Royal Schools have accepted me as a student. | 皇家艺术学院已经录取我了 |
[57:25] | I got in! | 我被录取了! |
[57:28] | I thought they were not the arbiters of taste? | 我以为他们不是品味的评判者呢? |
[57:30] | They must see great promise in my work. Oh my! | 他们肯定看出来 我的作品有潜力了 我的天啊 |
[57:35] | You shall all bear witness | 你们都将见证我的才华! |
[57:38] | to my talents! | |
[57:40] | Shh! It’s the middle of the night! | 现在是半夜呢! |
[57:44] | He will be as insufferable now as you. | 他会跟你一样让人无法忍受了 |
[57:47] | Me? | 我吗? |
[57:48] | If I must hear one more tale of your extraordinary adventures from Greece… | 如果我必须再听一段 你在希腊的离奇冒险故事… |
[57:51] | Tell me, Brother, if you loved it there so much, why did you ever return home? | 告诉我 哥哥 如果你那么喜欢那里 为什么还要回家呢? |
[57:56] | Well… | 好吧… |
[57:58] | Do you ever hear from her? | 有她的来信吗? |
[58:00] | Miss Thompson? | 汤普森小姐? |
[58:02] | Are you ladies not always writing letters? | 你们不是经常通信吗? |
[58:04] | I’d have thought your travels banished Miss Thompson… | 我还以为你满脑子都是旅行 |
[58:07] | Lady Crane, rather, from your mind completely. | 都忘记汤普森小姐了呢 应该是克雷恩夫人了 |
[58:10] | Funny how distance is no match for memory, is it not? | 有趣的是 距离抵不过记忆 是吧? |
[58:15] | She lives not far from here, you know. | 她住得离这里不远的 |
[58:19] | “I am honored to accept | “我很荣幸接受 |
[58:23] | your acceptance.” | 你们的录取” |
[58:25] | You think it will last much longer? | 你觉得这种状态会持续更久吗? |
[58:28] | Well, devil if I know. | 我也不知道 |
[58:30] | An artist must be free to follow their muse. | 艺术家必须有追随自己灵感的自由 (冈特茶馆) |
[58:36] | But it appears the ton has fallen prey to the fickleness of fashion. | 但看起来 上流社会已经成为 时尚变化无常的牺牲品了 |
[58:42] | For how else might one explain the tawdry, | 不然怎么解释克蕾丝达考珀小姐 |
[58:45] | dare I say vulgar, gown sported lately by Miss Cressida Cowper? | 最近穿着的那件俗艳的礼服呢? 甚至可以说是俗陋吧? |
[58:55] | Mayfair’s newest modiste | 梅菲尔新来的女装裁缝 |
[58:58] | has one thing, and one thing only, going for her. | 只有一个优势 仅此而已 |
[59:01] | She is new. | 那就是她是新来的 |
[59:03] | Whereas Madame Delacroix might be old, | 德拉克洛瓦夫人或许老派 |
[59:06] | but at least she is capable. | 但至少能力卓越 |
[59:11] | You may leave the silks there. | 你可以把丝绸放在那里 |
[59:20] | Miss Penelope. | 佩内洛普小姐 |
[59:21] | It is your job to be observant, is it not? | 你的工作就是要善于观察 不是吗? |
[59:25] | To hide your clients’ secrets with a well-draped piece of fabric | 用一块褶形完美的布料 或是一个装饰精巧的玫瑰结 |
[59:28] | or a cleverly embellished rosette, | 来隐藏你客户的秘密 |
[59:31] | just as I too hide. | 就像我一样 |
[59:34] | Behind my pen. | 藏在我的笔锋之下 |
[59:37] | I have no interest in revealing your identity. | 我没兴趣揭露您的身份 |
[59:39] | That is not why I’m here. | 那不是我过来的原因 |
[59:42] | I believe I can trust you, Madame Delacroix. | 我觉得我可以相信你 德拉克洛瓦夫人 |
[59:46] | In a world of men, you have built a thriving business, | 在男人的世界里 你的事业蒸蒸日上 |
[59:48] | much like myself. | 就像我一样 |
[59:50] | I think we can be of use to one another. | 我觉得我们可以互相帮助 |
[59:54] | My enterprise grows more difficult for me to maintain on my own. | 靠我自己来维持我的事业 变得越来越难了 |
[59:58] | If I was spotted by you so easily, it is only so long before I get recognized | 如果我这么容易就被你认出来了 那我被不那么谨慎的人认出来 |
[1:00:02] | by someone… less discreet. | 估计也不远了 |
[1:00:06] | I have proved to you how I can help you in your business. | 我已经向你证明了 我可以帮到你的生意 |
[1:00:10] | Now I’d like you to help me with mine. | 现在我想让你助力我的事业 |
[1:00:16] | Did you have to call me old? | 你非要说我老派吗? |
[1:00:20] | I could not be so obvious with my flattery. | 我的奉承不能太过明显 |
[1:00:24] | But is it not working? | 但是起效了吧? |
[1:00:25] | Madame Delacroix? I require your expert knowledge. | 德拉克洛瓦夫人? 我需要你的专业知识 |
[1:00:28] | I believe I was first. | 我相信是我先来的 |
[1:00:34] | Of course, not everyone can always get things so right. | 当然 不是所有人 都能一直做出正确的事情 |
[1:01:06] | Though I suppose, for some, | 尽管我确实认为 对一些人来说 |
[1:01:07] | it may be simply too late to change course | 改变方向和消除损害 |
[1:01:10] | and undo any damage. | 可能为时已晚了 |
[1:01:16] | Whoa. | |
[1:01:39] | My lord. | 我的大人 |
[1:01:41] | Miss Sharma. | 莎尔玛小姐 |
[1:01:44] | Is your sister… | 你妹妹… |
[1:01:46] | She is in her room. | 她在她的房间里 |
[1:01:49] | Not feeling her best this morning, it seems. | 貌似她今天早上感觉不太好 |
[1:01:53] | I did not mean to disappoint her last night | 我昨晚没有求婚 |
[1:01:56] | when I did not declare myself. | 不是有意让她失望的 |
[1:01:59] | And I’d like to thank you for not… | 我要感谢你没有… |
[1:02:00] | She shall not be disappointed for long. Assure her, I still intend to propose. | 她不会失望太久的 我仍然打算求婚 |
[1:02:05] | Last night was a lark, at best. My brothers were up to no good, and | 昨晚充其量只是闹着玩而已 我的弟弟们都不怀好意 而且… |
[1:02:09] | with everyone sitting there, staring back at me, well… | 每个人都坐在那里 盯着我… |
[1:02:14] | my feelings would not allow me to speak. | 我的感受让我无法开口 |
[1:02:19] | So your feelings are too strong for you now? | 所以您现在的感受 对您来说太强烈了吗? |
[1:02:22] | – Miss Sharma… – No. No. | -莎尔玛小姐… -不要 |
[1:02:24] | All you are doing, my lord, | 我的大人 您的所作所为 |
[1:02:26] | is toying with the emotions of an impressionable young lady. | 只是在玩弄 一个敏感的年轻女士的感情 |
[1:02:29] | Miss Edwina seems perfectly capable of forming her own impressions. | 埃德温娜小姐似乎完全有能力 形成自己的印象 |
[1:02:32] | If you took notice… | 如果你注意到了… |
[1:02:33] | So now you claim to know my sister better than me? | 所以您是说 您比我更了解我妹妹吗? |
[1:02:35] | I know she wishes to be happy. | 我知道她想要幸福 |
[1:02:38] | This is precisely what I wish for her. | 这正是我对她的愿望 |
[1:02:41] | I can assure you, happiness is not your strength. | 我可以跟您保证 给人幸福不是您的强项 |
[1:02:44] | Exasperation, perhaps. Fixation, most definitely. | 带来愤怒 也许可以 惹人厌烦 绝对没问题 |
[1:02:47] | The only feeling you are, in fact, | 事实上 您只能引起一种情绪 |
[1:02:50] | capable of engendering, my lord, is that of discontent. | 那就是不满 我的大人 |
[1:02:52] | – Do not move. Stand still, damn it! – Do not tell me what to do! | -别动 可恶! -少来指挥我! |
[1:03:02] | – No! Do not! Leave it! – It is only a bee. Ow! | -不要!别碰! -只是蜜蜂而已 |
[1:03:09] | – Are you hurt? – What? | -你受伤了吗? -什么? |
[1:03:10] | Can you breathe? | 你还能呼吸吗? |
[1:03:11] | It is only a sting. Of course. | 只是蜜蜂蜇伤而已 当然了 |
[1:03:13] | Are you certain? | 你确定吗? |
[1:03:16] | – My lord? – No, no. Do not… | -我的大人 -不是 不要… |
[1:03:19] | – My lord? – Do not… | -我的大人? -不要… |
[1:03:23] | I am unharmed. | 我没事的 |
[1:03:26] | I am unharmed. | |
[1:03:38] | It was just a bee. | 只是一只蜜蜂 |
[1:03:43] | It was a bee. | 只是一只蜜蜂而已 |