时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | Pull! | 放 |
[02:09] | Would you please ask Miss Nolan | 麻烦你问问诺兰小姐 |
[02:11] | if my personal effects have yet been removed | 我的私人物品是否已经 |
[02:13] | from the duke’s bedchamber and placed in the duchess’s rooms? | 从公爵的卧室搬到了公爵夫人房间 |
[02:17] | Would you please inform Her Grace | 麻烦你告诉公爵夫人 |
[02:19] | that I will allow no such thing? | 我绝不允许那么做 |
[02:23] | Should I really deliver the message, Your Grace? | 我真的要传这个话吗 公爵大人 |
[02:25] | You cannot believe I shall welcome you back into my bed | 你难道觉得你欺骗了我之后 |
[02:29] | after your lies and deception? | 我还想要和你睡在一张床上 |
[02:30] | Rest assured, | 请放心 |
[02:31] | marital relations are the least of my concern | 就你最近的努力来看 |
[02:33] | after your recent efforts. | 婚姻关系是我最不担心的事 |
[02:35] | Then for what other purpose could you possibly wish to detain me? | 那你为什么还要继续留下我 |
[02:38] | Because you are my wife. | 因为你的我的妻子 |
[02:43] | It is customary for a wife to reside in her own bedchamber | 按照惯例 当蜜月结束后 |
[02:46] | once the honeymoon is over… | 妻子应该住到自己的卧室 |
[02:49] | a time that has well and truly passed, would you not agree? | 我们的蜜月早就过了 不是吗 |
[02:52] | I will be kept informed | 我会时刻关注 |
[02:54] | as to the success of your conjugal endeavors. | 你的”同房努力”是否成功了 |
[02:57] | I would never dream of concealing | 我绝不会隐藏 |
[02:59] | the truth of such important matters. | 如此重要的真相 |
[03:01] | Your Grace, Whistledown has just arrived. | 公爵夫人 最新的微声到夫人社交小报来了 |
[03:05] | – Well, you should… – Is something wrong? | -您应该… -出什么事了吗 |
[03:08] | – We must pack straightaway. -Yes, Your Grace. | -即刻收拾行李 -好的 公爵夫人 |
[03:11] | What has happened? | 出什么事了 |
[03:14] | My brother seems to have been embroiled in scandal. | 我哥哥似乎被卷入了一场丑闻 |
[03:16] | I must return to my family immediately. | 我必须立刻回家 |
[03:18] | – They will need me. – I will accompany you. | -他们需要我 -我陪你一起 |
[03:20] | This is a family matter. | 这是家务事 |
[03:21] | Separate bedrooms may be tolerated. | 分开睡我或许可以容忍 |
[03:23] | Separate households will not be suffered. | 但是我忍受不了分开住 |
[03:26] | I’ll not let you out of my sight | 直到我们确定你是否怀孕前 |
[03:27] | until we know whether you are with child. | 我不会让你离开我的视线 |
[03:32] | Please request that His Grace prepare his largest carriage. | 请提醒公爵大人准备好他最大的四轮马车 |
[03:36] | I shall require my space. | 我需要放我的东西 |
[03:54] | Miss Marina Thompson’s recent fall from grace | 玛丽娜·汤普森小姐近期跌落神坛的消息 |
[03:57] | continues to echo through every drawing room in town, | 依旧是镇上每家每户茶余饭后的谈资 |
[04:02] | days after it was revealed | 而几天之前大家刚发现 |
[04:04] | her engagement to Colin Bridgerton was nothing more than a sham. | 她与科林·布里奇顿的订婚不过是场骗局 |
[04:16] | Of course, a lady’s disgrace | 当然 一位淑女的耻辱 |
[04:18] | does not merely tarnish her own name. | 不仅玷污了她自己的名声 |
[04:21] | Like the tars of the Thames, | 就像是泰晤士河边的柏油一样 |
[04:23] | it also leaves a horrid smear on anyone nearby. | 它还给周围的人染上了污点 |
[04:28] | Hold still, ma chérie. | 站稳了 亲爱的 |
[04:33] | This scandal could very well tarnish my debut, Mama. | 这个丑闻一定会影响到我的首次亮相 妈妈 |
[04:35] | Perhaps we should delay my coming out altogether a few years. | 或许我们应该把这事推迟上几年 |
[04:38] | Hush, child, all will be well. Just keep smiling. | 安静点 孩子 一切都会没事 保持微笑就好 |
[04:41] | Can a smile be enough to save the Featheringtons? | 一个微笑就能拯救费瑟英顿家吗 |
[04:43] | Penelope and her sisters did nothing wrong, | 佩妮洛普和她的姐姐们没做错什么 |
[04:45] | but their reputation’s destroyed. | 但她们的名声依旧被毁了 |
[04:46] | You should be worrying about | 眼下你该担心的是 |
[04:47] | your own family’s fortunes at present. | 我们家的命运 |
[04:49] | We are in just as perilous position. | 我们如今的处境也很危险 |
[04:51] | Lovely day, is it not, Lady Richmond? | 今天天气很棒 不是吗 里士满夫人 |
[04:57] | It’s this Whistledown. | 都是因为微声到 |
[04:58] | I certainly never want to cross the woman. | 我绝不想招惹这个女人 |
[05:00] | Her word as good as gospel. | 她的话像福音一样令人信服 |
[05:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:04] | Though, perhaps if she can destroy a reputation… | 不过 如果她可以破环一个人的名声 |
[05:08] | she can restore one too. | 她也一定可以重塑 |
[05:12] | Très élégante, Miss Bridgerton. | 真优雅 布里奇顿小姐 |
[05:15] | What a debutante you will be! | 你将会是位出色的名媛 |
[05:18] | While there is no parasol in the world | 尽管世间没有任何一把遮阳伞 |
[05:20] | strong enough to shelter a ruined woman, | 可以坚固到掩蔽一个名声尽毁的女人 |
[05:23] | the fallen Miss Thompson can only hope she shall find a refuge… | 落魄的汤普森小姐只能期望她能找到 |
[05:28] | somewhere. | 一个庇护所 |
[05:29] | – I am sorry, my lady, but we are full. – This is an emergency. | -抱歉 夫人 我们满员了 -这是紧急事件 |
[05:32] | The young lady’s child will have nowhere else to go. | 这个年轻夫人的孩子无处可去了 |
[05:35] | You must make exceptions on occasion? | 请务必破例一次 |
[05:37] | I should be able to procure a room | 我可以准备一间房 |
[05:39] | if one were to make a sizable donation. | 如果对方能捐助一笔可观资金的话 |
[05:42] | But this is supposed to be a charitable organization. | 但这里不应该是慈善组织吗 |
[05:44] | Even charity requires funds, | 就算是慈善组织也需要资金 |
[05:46] | of which you must have considerable amounts, I presume? | 而且我猜 您家中肯定财力雄厚吧 |
[05:50] | I… | 我 |
[06:03] | Whoa there, boy. Whoa there! | 注意点 老兄 注意点 |
[06:09] | We have arrived. | 我们到了 |
[06:16] | There is no need to act the jailer. | 没必要搞得像狱卒一样 |
[06:18] | I shall not discover I am with child | 我也不会在下一个小时内 |
[06:20] | within the next hour, shall I? | 就知道自己是否怀孕 对吧 |
[06:25] | Miss Thompson must be in agonies over these lies. | 汤普森小姐现在一定因这些谎言而备受煎熬 |
[06:27] | Why can I not visit her? | 我为什么不能去见她 |
[06:28] | – Colin– – Listen to me, brother | -科林 -听着 弟弟 |
[06:30] | That the town devours every bit of Whistledown’s on-dit | 镇上所有人都对微声到的一切谣言深信不疑 |
[06:32] | is the only thing keeping this family from shame. | 这是唯一能保护我们家不蒙羞的方法 |
[06:34] | Because of her, Colin, no one believes | 因为她 科林 没人相信 |
[06:35] | you are the father of Miss Thompson’s child. | 你就是汤普森小姐孩子的爹 |
[06:38] | But if you were to go near her, | 但如果你去找她 |
[06:39] | they’ll presume you’re responsible for her ruin, | 人们就会以为是你玷污了她 |
[06:41] | and your sisters will pay the price for your notoriety. | 而你的妹妹们就要为你的臭名买单 |
[06:43] | – Is this what you desire? – Well, of course not, but- | -这是你想要的吗 -当然不是 但是 |
[06:46] | – Evening, everyone. – Dearest! | -大家晚上好 -亲爱的 |
[06:48] | What are you doing here, Daph? | 你来这做什么 小芙 |
[06:49] | Should you not be frolicing in newlywed bliss? | 你不应该正沉浸在新婚幸福中吗 |
[06:51] | I came as swiftly as our carriage | 我一听到消息 |
[06:52] | would allow when I heard the news. | 就尽最快的可能赶了回来 |
[06:54] | In the middle of your honeymoon? | 在你蜜月期中 |
[06:55] | Hastings must surely be cursing the Bridgerton name for this. | 黑斯廷斯一定会因此怨恨布里奇顿的 |
[06:58] | Where is he, anyhow? | 不过他在哪呢 |
[06:59] | He went to set up Hastings House. | 他去安排黑斯廷斯的房子了 |
[07:01] | We have all things in order, Sister. | 一切都尽在掌握 妹妹 |
[07:03] | We do not require your assistance. | 我们不需要你的帮助 |
[07:04] | That is simply not true, Anthony, and you know it. | 不是这样的 安东尼 你心知肚明 |
[07:07] | Daphne may be the answer to all of our problems. | 达芙妮也许是我们所有麻烦的解药 |
[07:09] | Once the ton see that we still have | 只要镇上的人看到 |
[07:10] | the favor of the duke and duchess, | 我们仍有公爵和夫人的照拂 |
[07:12] | then the whispers may very well cease, | 那闲话自然就不攻自破 |
[07:14] | and we shall go about our daily lives as if nothing has happened, | 我们将继续生活 就当无事发生 |
[07:18] | as if nothing is awry. | 也没出什么差错 |
[07:19] | And no one will be the wiser. | 也没人会知道真相 |
[07:22] | Pretending that nothing is amiss is the perfect way | 假装一切正常正是 |
[07:25] | to lure the ignorant into submission. | 让无知者顺从的最佳方式 |
[07:28] | Is it not, Mama? | 对吧 妈妈 |
[07:32] | Now, what grand event will the ton be descending upon this week? | 镇上这周会有什么盛事 |
[07:36] | Surely there is something? | 肯定有什么吧 |
[07:38] | The, um… | 那个… |
[07:40] | The queen is hosting a luncheon. | 女王要办一场午宴 |
[07:41] | I am certain the duke and I can secure an invitation. | 公爵和我一定能受到邀请 |
[07:44] | If we are lucky, | 如果运气好的话 |
[07:45] | our return to London will give everyone so much to talk about, | 我们回到伦敦这事能给人足够的话题 |
[07:49] | they simply have no breath left to discuss other matters. | 他们就没功夫再议论别的事了 |
[07:52] | I’m so very glad this has all been settled on my behalf. | 真高兴有人替我把事情解决了 |
[08:08] | You really wanted to marry her? | 你之前是真想娶她吗 |
[08:10] | I did. | 是的 |
[08:11] | Well, then, perhaps we should count you lucky | 那么 也许该算你好运 |
[08:15] | to not have married a stranger. | 没娶回一个陌生人 |
[08:16] | – She was not a stranger. – She was, Brother. | -她不是陌生人 -她就是 哥哥 |
[08:19] | Whistledown knew her better than you. | 微声到夫人都比你更了解她 |
[08:21] | Whistledown knows everyone’s secrets. | 微声到知道所有人的秘密 |
[08:22] | You’re lucky to have learned Miss Thompson’s now, | 你很幸运现在就知道了汤普森小姐的秘密 |
[08:24] | instead of after your wedding day. | 而不是等你们结婚之后 |
[08:32] | I know you must think me a fool… | 我知道你肯定我觉得我很傻 |
[08:35] | but my heart pays no heed to mere logic. | 但我的心无法听从逻辑的劝导 |
[08:38] | When I think of her, | 每当我想起她 |
[08:39] | I only want to be near her, to be with her… | 我只想靠近她 跟她在一起 |
[08:42] | despite all reason otherwise. | 尽管有那么多不该如此的理由 |
[08:46] | I know that madness well… | 我很了解那种疯狂的念想 |
[08:49] | but you cannot visit her. | 但你不能再去见她了 |
[08:57] | Leander swam Abydos to Sestos | 利安德每天晚上 |
[08:59] | every single night in complete darkness | 都摸黑从阿拜多斯游泳到塞斯托斯 |
[09:01] | just to see his love. | 就为了见他的爱人 |
[09:03] | Leander also lost his way and drowned. | 利安德也迷了路并淹死了 |
[09:09] | So the story goes. | 传说就是如此 |
[09:12] | Did something happen, Sister, | 发生什么事了吗 妹妹 |
[09:14] | back at Clyvedon? | 在克莱维登 |
[09:20] | If you really must speak with Miss Thompson, | 如果你一定要见汤普森小姐 |
[09:22] | perhaps I can arrange a rendezvous. | 也许我能安排一次会面 |
[09:24] | Chaperoned, obviously. | 当然得有人陪同 |
[09:27] | I would appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[09:28] | You will see my passions are not in vain. | 你会看到我的热情不是徒然 |
[09:40] | Always were a fast learner, friend. | 你总是学得很快 朋友 |
[09:42] | But I should probably conserve my energies for my exhibitions, | 但我也许该留点精力给我的公开比赛 |
[09:45] | instead of spending them on your troubles. | 而不是浪费来帮你发泄困扰 |
[09:47] | Are you about to cede to me? | 你是要向我认输吗 |
[09:49] | Surely that will not help with your exhibitions? | 这肯定对你的公开比赛没好处吧 |
[09:52] | I’ve not seen you this incensed | 我很久没见过你这么愤怒了 |
[09:54] | since you were handed the keys to your dukedom. | 上次还是你受封公爵的时候 |
[09:57] | – I will not speak of my dukedom. – Fair enough. | -我不想提我的公爵地位 -好吧 |
[10:00] | I presume you won’t speak of what happened | 我想你也不愿提起 |
[10:02] | on your honeymoon, either. | 你蜜月时发生了什么吧 |
[10:03] | Nothing happened on my honeymoon. | 我蜜月时什么也没发生 |
[10:06] | I cannot imagine your wife feeling | 我觉得你夫人听到这话 |
[10:08] | particularly excited about that. | 可能不会很高兴 |
[10:09] | I suggest you do not try to imagine | 我建议你别试图 |
[10:11] | anything to do with my wife’s feelings… | 想象任何跟我夫人心情有关的事 |
[10:12] | or actions, for that matter. | 或是她的表现 |
[10:17] | It follows no reason or sense, does it? | 根本没有理由或逻辑 对吗 |
[10:20] | – What? – Marriage. | -什么 -婚姻 |
[10:22] | And there is not a bloody thing you can do about it. | 而你根本无能为力 |
[10:25] | I took a vow. | 我发过誓 |
[10:28] | See what I mean? | 看我说什么来着 |
[10:30] | Fast learner, indeed. | 学得很快 确实 |
[11:01] | You are still awake? | 你还没睡吗 |
[11:05] | I have already seen you. | 我已经看见你了 |
[11:11] | The queen is holding a luncheon this week. | 女王这周要办午宴 |
[11:14] | We will need to attend with my brother to signal our support. | 我们得跟我哥哥一起出席 以表支持 |
[11:21] | Where have you been all night? | 你一晚上跑哪去了 |
[11:22] | I did not think you concerned about my whereabouts. | 我以为你并不关心我去哪了吧 |
[11:25] | Is this truly what our marriage will be for the future? | 我们的婚姻以后真的就这样了吗 |
[11:29] | You out all night, doing God knows what with God knows whom? | 你整晚在外面 天知道跟谁在做些什么 |
[11:32] | “With whom?” | “跟谁” |
[11:33] | You wound me. | 你这话伤到我了 |
[11:35] | Not three weeks since we were wed, | 我们才新婚三个礼拜 |
[11:37] | yet already you imagine me disloyal. | 而你就开始怀疑我不忠了 |
[11:38] | Is it such a wild imagining? | 我这么想很离谱吗 |
[11:41] | We both know your reputation, Your Grace. | 我们可都知道你的名声 公爵大人 |
[11:43] | It is clear that you find there is nothing left in our marriage. | 显然你觉得我们的婚姻已经所剩无几了 |
[11:46] | Nothing left? | 所剩无几 |
[11:48] | It is what I said. | 我就是这么说的 |
[11:52] | Is it what you believe? | 你真这么觉得吗 |
[12:15] | – Simon. – Daphne. | -西蒙 -达芙妮 |
[12:17] | I want you– | 我想要你… |
[13:00] | Should we go into the bedroom… | 我们去卧室吧 |
[13:03] | and finish what we started? | 继续我们没做完的事 |
[13:10] | No. | 不 |
[13:18] | What is to become of us? Simon? | 我们到底会怎样 西蒙 |
[13:21] | If you are with child, then I shall stay | 如果你怀了孩子 我会留下 |
[13:22] | and do my duty to support you both. | 尽我的职责 供养你们俩 |
[13:24] | And if I am not? | 那如果我没有呢 |
[13:25] | Then we shall remain married in name only. | 那我们将继续名义上的婚姻 |
[13:29] | You will be provided for, of course, | 当然 你仍会衣食无忧 |
[13:31] | in a manner befitting the duchess. | 公爵夫人该有的你都会有 |
[13:33] | But I shall not darken your doorstep again. | 但我不会再踏上你的门楣 |
[13:35] | Our lives will be entirely separate. This… | 我们的生活将彻底分开 刚才这些 |
[13:39] | This cannot happen. | 这些不能再发生了 |
[13:41] | This will not happen. Do you understand me? | 不会再发生了 你明白吗 |
[13:44] | That we no longer trust each other? | 我们不再信任彼此了吗 |
[13:47] | Yes, Your Grace. | 是的 公爵大人 |
[13:48] | I understand that quite well. | 我很明白 |
[14:19] | Miss Thompson. | 汤普森小姐 |
[14:22] | Thank you for joining us. | 感谢你能来见我们 |
[14:24] | I did not realize I had a choice. | 我不认为自己有别的选择 |
[14:25] | My brother wished for an audience. | 我哥哥希望和你谈谈 |
[14:28] | And I wish to avoid any further scandal | 而我希望避免更多 |
[14:30] | attached to my family’s name. | 有损我家族名誉的丑闻 |
[14:33] | I will remain here as a chaperone. | 我会留在这儿做陪护人 |
[14:38] | Marina… you must tell me that this Whistledown woman is mistaken. | 玛丽娜…你告诉我叫微声到的女人搞错了 |
[14:42] | What she wrote, it cannot be true. | 她所写的事不是真的 |
[14:44] | But it is. | 但确实是真的 |
[14:47] | You are with child? | 你怀孕了 |
[14:50] | I do not understand. | 我不明白 |
[14:52] | We were to be wed. You… You said you loved me. | 我们本来要结婚了 你…你说过你爱我 |
[14:55] | – Colin, I hold you in the greatest esteem. – “Esteem”? | -科林 我非常尊重你 -“尊重” |
[14:59] | You are a cruel woman indeed to stand here | 你真是个残忍的女人 站在这里 |
[15:02] | and talk of friendly affection, | 谈论着友爱之情 |
[15:03] | as if you have not just committed a grave sin against me. | 就好像你没有对我犯下什么大罪似的 |
[15:05] | Speak not of sin, Mr. Bridgerton. | 别提什么罪了 布里奇顿先生 |
[15:09] | I did not come here to be shamed by you, nor anyone else. | 我不是上这来受你或是其他人羞辱的 |
[15:20] | I did not know better. | 我当时太傻了 |
[15:22] | You may think me a villain, | 你可能觉得我是个恶人 |
[15:23] | but I did what I thought I must. | 但我只是做了我认为必须做的事 |
[15:26] | No one ever truly helped me, | 没有人真正帮助过我 |
[15:28] | or guided me in a different direction. | 或引导我选择不同的道路 |
[15:30] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[15:32] | I needed to wed. And you, you were the only man | 我需要结婚 而你是唯一 |
[15:35] | who offered me even a glimpse of happiness. | 向我许诺哪怕一丁点幸福的人 |
[15:37] | So I should feel flattered, then? | 这么说我该倍感荣幸吗 |
[15:40] | Consider myself lucky that you chose me, | 庆幸你选择了我 |
[15:43] | lied to me, tried to trick me into a fraud of a marriage? | 对我说谎 企图向我骗婚吗 |
[15:54] | I shall take my leave of you for the last time, Miss Thompson. | 我最后一次向你道别 汤普森小姐 |
[16:10] | You wish to know the cruelest part of your deception? | 你知道你的欺骗中最残酷的部分是什么吗 |
[16:15] | If you had simply come to me and told me of your situation… | 要是当时你能直接向我说明你的状况… |
[16:18] | I’d have married you without a second thought. | 我依然会毫不犹豫地和你结婚 |
[16:22] | That is how in love I believed myself to be. | 我就是这么爱你 |
[16:28] | But I see now that was all a lie. | 但如今我看到的却都是谎言 |
[16:41] | I believe I would like to return home now. | 我想现在我该回家了 |
[16:44] | After all, we don’t want another scandal | 毕竟我们都不希望再生出 |
[16:46] | attached to your family name. | 有损你家族名誉的丑闻 |
[16:54] | The carriage is waiting, ma’am. | 马车备好了 夫人 |
[16:56] | We must prepare for the queen’s luncheon. | 我们得为女王的午宴做准备了 |
[16:58] | Of course. | 好的 |
[17:20] | Oh, is this not lovely? | 真好啊 不是吗 |
[17:23] | All of us together again. | 我们所有人又一次团聚了 |
[17:25] | Lovely, indeed. We should tempt scandal more often. | 确实好 我们该多制造些丑闻 |
[17:31] | – Duchess, may I say how well you look? – Oh, you are too kind. | -公爵夫人 您气色真好 -你太客气了 |
[17:35] | Is it not marvelous to be wed? | 结婚非常幸福 不是吗 |
[17:37] | It is both a joy and a wonder indeed. | 的确又开心又惊奇 |
[17:40] | Make way! | 借过 |
[17:41] | Must you all act like sheep flocking to the trough? | 你们都要像羊群抢水一样聚在一起吗 |
[17:46] | I have 100 guineas wagered | 我押了一百基尼 |
[17:47] | on there being a Hastings heir within the year. | 赌不出一年就会有位黑斯廷斯的继承人诞生 |
[17:50] | Are you yet with child? | 你怀孕了吗 |
[17:51] | We have certainly been devoting our energies | 我们一直在全力以赴 |
[17:53] | to the endeavor, Your Majesty. | 努力尝试 女王陛下 |
[17:55] | We should hope to see our queen soon satisfied. | 希望能尽快让我们的女王如愿 |
[17:58] | See to it that you do. | 你要说到做到 |
[18:04] | Your duplicity comes so naturally. | 你说起谎真是信手拈来 |
[18:06] | I seem to have learned from the best. | 我貌似从高手那里学到了不少 |
[18:11] | I’ve missed you at the studio of late. | 最近我一直没在画室看到你 |
[18:13] | You must join me for another drawing lesson. | 你一定得再来找我上节绘画课 |
[18:15] | As I said, improvement is all a matter of practice. | 就像我说过的 只有练习才能取得进步 |
[18:18] | At least, that is the excuse he gives | 至少 这是他回家时 |
[18:20] | for coming home with paint in all kinds of peculiar places. | 身上奇怪部位沾满颜料时能找的借口 |
[18:28] | Were you able to meet my friend Wetherby at my party? | 你在派对上见过我朋友韦瑟比吗 |
[18:31] | – Come, I shall introduce you. – No, thank you. | -来吧 我介绍你们认识 -不用了 谢谢 |
[18:35] | I– I see my mother requires my presence. Good day! | 我…我看到我母亲找我 玩得开心 |
[18:42] | Her Majesty requires an audience. | 女王陛下要见你 |
[18:44] | With– With me? Now? | 见我吗 现在 |
[18:49] | Here. | 这边请 |
[19:01] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[19:02] | Your Majesty? | 女王陛下 |
[19:03] | Whistledown! | 微声到 |
[19:04] | I tasked you with unmasking the scandalmonger. | 我让你去查那个长舌妇究竟是谁 |
[19:07] | Believe me, I am intent on locating her | 相信我 我很想找到她 |
[19:09] | and am angry at myself for having not yet uncovered her identity. | 也很气自己还没查到她的身份 |
[19:12] | But I was thinking– | 但我想… |
[19:13] | Clearly not fast enough. | 很显然你的动作不够快 |
[19:15] | My patience has limits. | 我的耐心有限 |
[19:18] | Get me an answer. | 给我找出答案 |
[19:19] | Your queen commands it. | 女王下达了命令 |
[19:21] | Of course. | 遵命 |
[19:23] | Your Majesty. | 女王陛下 |
[19:27] | So, you have returned. | 你们回来了 |
[19:30] | Excellent timing, | 绝佳的时机 |
[19:31] | what with all the tittle-tattle concerning your brother. | 正巧赶上到处在谈论你哥哥的传闻 |
[19:35] | Oh, a mere coincidence, Lady Danbury, I am sure. | 纯属巧合 丹布里夫人 |
[19:38] | Your plan is working. | 你的计划起作用了 |
[19:40] | I have heard nary a peep | 我没听到一丁点 |
[19:41] | about Mr. Bridgerton’s unfortunate entanglement | 关于布里奇顿先生和那个 |
[19:44] | with the Thompson girl. | 叫汤普森女孩之间的纠葛 |
[19:45] | Oh, I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[19:47] | I am hosting a party, I would very much like you to attend. | 我将要举办一场派对 非常希望你能来参加 |
[19:51] | We love a good party. | 我们都爱参加派对 |
[19:53] | I am not sure when we will be accepting invitations. | 不知道什么时候我们才会受到邀请 |
[19:56] | It is an invitation for one. | 我只邀请一个人 |
[19:59] | Only you, Your Grace. | 只有你 公爵夫人 |
[20:01] | A special soiree with the married ladies of the ton, | 这是上流已婚贵妇聚集的特殊晚宴 |
[20:05] | of which you are the newest member. | 你是最新加入的成员 |
[20:26] | The audacity. | 真是厚颜无耻 |
[20:29] | After they tried to entrap poor Mr. Bridgerton | 她们试图欺骗可怜的布里奇顿先生 |
[20:31] | into marriage with a woman with child. | 和一个怀孕的女人结婚 |
[20:38] | Pen… | 小佩… |
[20:42] | How are you faring? Has it been terrible at the house? | 你们最近怎样 家里是不是很糟糕 |
[20:45] | We’ve not had a caller in three days. | 我们家已经三天没人来拜访了 |
[20:47] | My mother swears we are ruined. | 我母亲认定我们完蛋了 |
[20:50] | But what of Colin? Is he in pieces from the news? | 但科林呢 他听到消息是不是心碎了 |
[20:53] | His pride is wounded, but he will be quite well. | 他的自尊心受伤了 但他很快会好的 |
[20:56] | The gentlemen always are in these matters, but… | 男士们总会遇到这类事情 但… |
[20:58] | Pen, you have not heard what people are saying. | 小佩 你没听到大家在说些什么 |
[21:00] | Lady Whistledown has gone too far this time. | 微声到夫人这次太过分了 |
[21:03] | And I thought you her greatest admirer. | 我以为你是她最大的崇拜者 |
[21:04] | Not when she has smeared the name of my greatest friend. | 但她毁了我挚友的名誉 |
[21:07] | When we uncover Whistledown’s identity, | 等我们查到微声到的真实身份 |
[21:09] | we will convince her to publish a retraction | 我们说服她公开撤回之前的言论 |
[21:11] | and restore your family’s reputation. | 帮你们家恢复名誉 |
[21:13] | All will be well again, I promise you. | 我向你保证 一切会好起来的 |
[21:17] | My dear Lady Bridgerton… | 亲爱的布里奇顿夫人 |
[21:19] | is this not a dreadful circumstance, | 真是太不幸了 |
[21:21] | for us both to have been so duped by that scheming hussy? | 我们俩都被那个机关算尽的贱人给愚弄了 |
[21:25] | To think that Miss Thompson would take advantage of my kindness | 一想到我让汤普森小姐住进我家 |
[21:28] | after I opened my home to her. | 而她却利用了我的善心 |
[21:31] | You must believe, | 你要相信 |
[21:32] | I had no idea of– | 我不知道… |
[21:40] | Lady Featherington, I must ask you to leave. | 费瑟英顿夫人 我不得不请你离开这里 |
[21:43] | – But I have an invitation. – Not anymore. | -但我受到了邀请 -不再是了 |
[21:46] | I am sure you wish to avoid any further unpleasantness. | 我敢肯定你也不想造成更多的不愉快 |
[22:04] | That should teach them. | 这该给她们点教训了 |
[22:07] | Teach them what, Miss Cowper? | 给她们什么教训 考珀小姐 |
[22:10] | Judging not, lest we too be judged? | 不要妄议他人 以免我们也遭人非议 |
[22:34] | Something troubles you. | 你有烦心事 |
[22:39] | I know you are a grown woman now, but I am still your mother, | 我知道你现在长大了 但我还是你母亲 |
[22:42] | and you can come to me when you need advice. | 在你需要的时候 你可以来向我寻求建议 |
[22:45] | Marriage has its joys, | 婚姻自有乐趣 |
[22:47] | but it also brings with it its special trials. | 但也伴随着特殊的考验 |
[22:50] | In that, you are correct. | 这一点您说对了 |
[22:53] | My marriage is far from perfect. | 我的婚姻远没有那么美好 |
[22:55] | Well, then, share your thoughts. Perhaps I can offer my wisdom. | 那跟我说说你的想法 或许我能提供一些建议 |
[22:59] | Or perhaps you will send me off | 又或者 你会用些更含糊的比喻 |
[23:01] | with more vague metaphors and trite remarks. | 和陈旧的观点来打发我 |
[23:05] | Darling, I– I am… | 亲爱的 我… |
[23:07] | merely trying to be of help. | 我只想帮助你 |
[23:09] | Do you know what might have truly helped matters? | 你知道什么能真的帮上忙吗 |
[23:11] | If your motherly advice | 如果你作为母亲的建议 |
[23:13] | had actually prepared me to wed. | 真能让我做好结婚的准备 |
[23:16] | – Whatever do you mean? – I mean you sent me | -你这话什么意思 -我是说你把我 |
[23:19] | out into the world no better than a fool. | 像傻子一样推向婚姻的世界 |
[23:22] | You taught me how to play pretend, | 你教我如何伪装 |
[23:24] | but nothing of the realities of married life, | 但从没教过我婚姻生活和 |
[23:29] | of marital relations. | 婚姻关系的真谛 |
[23:34] | If you had informed me about the things | 要是你之前和我说过 |
[23:36] | that were truly important, | 这些真正重要的事情 |
[23:37] | if I’d have known the truth, then perhaps I– | 要是我能早知道真相 或许我就… |
[23:45] | Daphne! | 达芙妮 |
[23:52] | It is the heat. | 天太热了 |
[23:55] | The duchess is quite overcome. | 公爵夫人有些中暑 |
[24:05] | We were ridiculed by all today, | 我们今天被所有人耻笑 |
[24:07] | treated as though we were worthless, | 就好像我们一家毫无价值 |
[24:09] | and it’s all your fault. | 这都是你的错 |
[24:10] | How could I have been at fault? | 怎么会是我的错 |
[24:12] | I was not even there. | 我甚至都不在场 |
[24:13] | If it were not for your habit, | 要不是你的习惯 |
[24:15] | we’d have been able to rid ourselves of Miss Thompson | 我们在知道汤普森小姐状况时 |
[24:17] | the moment we learned of her condition. | 就可以立即摆脱她了 |
[24:20] | None of this would have happened. | 所有这一切就不会发生了 |
[24:22] | My lady. | 夫人 |
[24:24] | The Duchess of Hastings… | 黑斯廷斯公爵夫人… |
[24:25] | She is here. | 她来了 |
[24:38] | I am so glad you thought to visit us, Your Grace. | 真高兴您愿意来拜访我们 公爵夫人 |
[24:40] | I fear your mother was rather heated at the luncheon. | 我担心您母亲午宴上有些激动 |
[24:43] | But of course, if you have come to offer an explanation… | 但当然 如果您是来解释… |
[24:47] | I require a word with Miss Thompson. | 我想和汤普森小姐谈一下 |
[24:50] | Alone. | 单独谈 |
[24:53] | Well… | 好吧… |
[24:57] | For what it is worth, I am sorry. | 不管怎么说 我很抱歉 |
[24:59] | Your brother is a sweet boy. | 你哥哥人很好 |
[25:00] | You do not need to– | 你不必… |
[25:03] | I came here to apologize to you. | 我来这儿是向你道歉的 |
[25:06] | To me? | 向我道歉 |
[25:06] | I misjudged you, and I wanted to tell you | 我错怪了你 还有我想告诉你 |
[25:09] | that what you felt you had to do… | 你之前认为你必须做的事… |
[25:12] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[25:14] | I wish it had not happened this way. | 我真希望事情不像现在这样 |
[25:16] | You are certainly not the only one. | 不只是你这么希望 |
[25:21] | George was a soldier… | 乔治是一名士兵 |
[25:24] | but he was also gentle and kind. | 但他同样温柔善良 |
[25:27] | He was perfect. | 他非常完美 |
[25:32] | I fancied myself in love. | 我以为自己坠入了爱河 |
[25:36] | The next thing I knew, my courses stopped, | 后来我发现我月事停了 |
[25:39] | and I found myself with child, and… | 接着我发现自己怀孕了 还有… |
[25:46] | and alone. | 独身一人 |
[25:49] | What is Sir George’s surname? | 乔治爵士姓什么 |
[25:52] | Or do you know where he is stationed, his regiment? | 或者你知道他驻扎在哪吗 他的团在哪 |
[25:56] | Whatever for, Your Grace? | 问这个干什么 公爵夫人 |
[25:57] | I hear General Langham and his wife are in London. | 我听说兰厄姆将军和他的妻子恰好在伦敦 |
[26:01] | Perhaps I could speak to him or her and have… | 或许我能和他或她谈谈 然后… |
[26:04] | have Sir George found. | 找到乔治爵士 |
[26:07] | What use would that be? | 那有什么用 |
[26:08] | George does not want to be with me. | 乔治不想和我在一起 |
[26:10] | But do you really want to be alone? | 但你真想孤身一人吗 |
[26:13] | No rank, no protection, | 没有地位 没有保障 |
[26:15] | no support for you or your child. | 没人供养你和你的孩子 |
[26:18] | Surely anything is better than that. | 什么都比那强吧 |
[26:20] | Why should he be the one to choose your future | 为什么让他来选择你的未来 |
[26:23] | when he clearly cares not for the outcome? | 很显然 他并不在乎后果 |
[26:26] | He is at fault here. | 他才是做错事的人 |
[26:30] | Perhaps I can make him come back… | 或许我能让他回来… |
[26:32] | and take responsibility for you and his child. | 对你和他的孩子负起责任 |
[26:38] | Why should you be left all alone | 为什么他犯下的错 |
[26:40] | to bear the punishment for his crime? | 要让你一个人承担 |
[26:44] | You truly think you can do this? | 你确定你能做到吗 |
[26:46] | I assure you, Miss Thompson. | 我向你保证 汤普森小姐 |
[26:49] | I am quite capable of doing more than you think. | 我能做的比你想象的更多 |
[27:06] | 铁拳王威尔·蒙德里奇对野兽雷·皮尔森 年度拳击盛宴 | |
[27:11] | I have defeated the best, | 我打败过最厉害的拳手 |
[27:12] | and I’m confident I shall continue to do so. | 我相信胜利还将继续 |
[27:15] | There is an appetite for my exhibitions, | 人们喜欢看我在台上的表现 |
[27:17] | but they are expensive, which is why– | 但这笔花销不小 所以我 |
[27:20] | I am not here to invest. | 我并不是来资助你 |
[27:22] | I have a more lucrative proposition in mind. | 我有一个能赚更多钱的建议 |
[27:25] | Say, for you and I to come to some arrangement | 比如 我们就你下一场比赛的结果 |
[27:28] | as to the outcome of your next fight? | 能达成共识的话 |
[27:32] | I’m sorry to have taken your time, my lord, | 很抱歉耽误您的时间了 大人 |
[27:35] | but I think you would be wise to leave. | 但我想您最好现在离开这里 |
[27:38] | And you’d be wise to listen. | 我想你最好听清楚 |
[27:40] | Would you rather stake your fortunes | 你是愿意将筹码全押在 |
[27:42] | on the outcome of a business scheme, | 一项很可能失败的商业计划上 |
[27:43] | which may very well fail, or back the sure thing? | 还是选择押在你能确定的事情上 |
[27:47] | You agree to throw your next match | 你若同意输掉下一场比赛 |
[27:50] | and I will make such a wager on your opponent | 我会为你的对手下注 |
[27:52] | that even half my winnings | 我赢得的钱即使分你一半 |
[27:54] | will set you and your family up for life. | 也够你一家过上更好的生活 |
[27:56] | My honor is not for sale. | 我的荣誉 绝不出售 |
[28:13] | There is a reason your backers are dwindling, | 你的赞助者减少是有原因的 |
[28:16] | Mr. Mondrich. | 蒙德里奇先生 |
[28:18] | You’re a performer, a mere entertainment. | 你是个演员 供人娱乐消遣而已 |
[28:20] | We are happy to trade wages on the outcome of your fists, | 我们很乐意为你的拳击赛下注 |
[28:24] | but no gentleman will ever see you | 但没有任何一位绅士会将你 |
[28:27] | as a respectable man of business. | 视作受人尊敬的生意对象 |
[28:30] | I know you have a fighting spirit | 我知道你很有斗志 |
[28:34] | passed down by your father, no doubt. | 毋庸置疑遗传自你父亲 |
[28:37] | He was a soldier, yeah? | 他曾是一名军人 对吧 |
[28:38] | Managed to flee the colonies after serving in Dunmore’s regiment. | 在邓莫尔麾下服役后逃离了殖民地 |
[28:44] | Do you think he sought his freedom | 你认为他追求自由是为了 |
[28:46] | all for his future son to become some exhausted fighter, | 让儿子成为一名精疲力竭的拳击手吗 |
[28:50] | stumbling into the ring to put food on the table for his family? | 从拳击台蹒跚走下 只为给家人养家糊口吗 |
[28:55] | Do not dare speak of my family. | 不许再提我的家人 |
[28:58] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:59] | I, I apologize. | 我 我道歉 |
[29:04] | I only mean to say, I | 我只是想告诉你 |
[29:06] | I’m doing this for my family too. | 我也是为了自己的家人才这样做 |
[29:08] | Look, one simple arrangement, | 听着 只需要一场交易 |
[29:11] | and both our problems will be solved. | 能解决两个家庭的难题 |
[29:17] | I merely ask that you have a think on it | 我只是希望你能至少 |
[29:20] | at the very least. | 再考虑考虑 |
[29:39] | The ton has been desperate for you since you returned. | 自您回来后 邀请函铺天盖地而来 |
[29:41] | We’ve been drowning in calling cards. | 人们都急切地想见见您 |
[29:43] | Lady Danbury requires your attendance at her party on Thursday. | 丹伯里夫人请您参加她周四举办的聚会 |
[29:46] | A collection of married ladies. | 一群已婚女士的聚会 |
[29:49] | I can only imagine the questions they will have for me. | 完全能想象出她们会问些什么问题 |
[29:51] | I shall inform her footman that | 那我去回绝她的仆人 |
[29:52] | you are not feeling well from the travel. | 就说您旅途疲乏 需要休息 |
[29:54] | – Your Grace. – Your Grace. | -公爵大人 -公爵夫人 |
[29:59] | Do you suppose the general’s wife will be | 你觉得将军夫人 |
[30:01] | in attendance at Lady Danbury’s soiree? | 会出席丹伯里夫人的聚会吗 |
[30:04] | Mrs. Langham? | 兰厄姆太太 |
[30:05] | I heard she enjoys society. | 听说她挺喜欢上流社会 |
[30:07] | Then send word back. | 那就回复 |
[30:08] | I would love to attend. | 说我很乐意参加 |
[30:46] | Your Grace. | 公爵夫人 |
[30:48] | Welcome to my den of iniquity. | 欢迎来到我的恶之巢 |
[31:01] | I believe you already know Lady Trowbridge, Your Grace, | 我想您已经认识乔布瑞奇夫人了 公爵夫人 |
[31:04] | but have you met Lucy Granville? | 但你见过露茜·格兰维尔吗 |
[31:07] | And this is Kitty Langham. | 这位是凯蒂·兰厄姆 |
[31:09] | The general’s wife, yes. | 将军夫人 当然 |
[31:13] | Well, lovely to meet you all. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[31:15] | Well, do not just stare. | 别光站着了 |
[31:17] | Deal the duchess in. | 快给公爵夫人发牌 |
[31:20] | We shall teach you the rules. | 我们会教你规则的 |
[31:21] | First, a woman takes her wedding vows, | 首先一位女士宣读结婚词 |
[31:23] | then we gamblers take her virtue. | 然后我们就赌她的美德 |
[31:26] | If her husband has left any to be taken. | 如果她丈夫还给留下一些的话 |
[31:30] | Have no fear. | 别害怕 |
[31:32] | Each turn, all you have to do | 每轮庄家会翻一张牌 |
[31:34] | is set your token on the card | 你只需将筹码 |
[31:36] | you believe the dealer will turn over. | 放在你认为的那张牌上就行 |
[31:39] | Now, ladies, place your bets. | 女士们 请下注吧 |
[31:43] | Takes away the sting of losing, I rather think. | 来点酒也许能让你忘记输钱的痛苦 |
[31:48] | The duchess is a quick study. | 公爵夫人学东西很快 |
[31:50] | I’m sure she will have the measure of things in no time. | 我相信她要不了多久就能学会 |
[31:53] | All it takes is a little practice and perseverance. | 只需要一些练习和坚持 |
[32:11] | Evening, Your Grace. | 晚上好 公爵大人 |
[32:14] | It’s funny meeting you here. | 没想到能在这儿碰见你 |
[32:15] | I am utterly comical. | 我也没想到 |
[32:18] | – You’ve been avoiding me. – Now you are being the jester. | -你一直在躲着我 -你在说笑吗 |
[32:20] | If you’re not avoiding my company, | 如果你不是躲着我 |
[32:22] | you won’t mind if I join you for a drink? | 那一定不介意我和你喝一杯吧 |
[32:58] | – I shall need a large glass. – Yes, sir. | -我需要一个大点的玻璃杯 -好的 先生 |
[33:08] | The earl would have my head | 伯爵若是知道我输了多少 |
[33:10] | if he knew how much money I have lost. | 一定会要了我的命的 |
[33:11] | The earl is but two years old. | 伯爵只不过是个两岁的孩子 |
[33:14] | Well, then, I’m in luck, am I not? | 那我可真幸运 不是吗 |
[33:24] | Seems I have been blessed with some beginner’s luck. | 看起来我新人手壮 |
[33:27] | The game is not over yet, Your Grace. | 游戏还没结束呢 公爵夫人 |
[33:30] | I wonder, Mrs. Langham | 兰厄姆太太 我在想 |
[33:32] | “Kitty,” please. | 请叫我”凯蒂” |
[33:34] | You have won so much of my money, it is only right. | 你赢了我这么多钱 这样称呼就可以了 |
[33:37] | Kitty, then. | 凯蒂 |
[33:39] | There is a soldier in service I am hoping to find for a friend. | 我想帮一位朋友找一名军人 |
[33:42] | Do you think your husband might be able to assist me? | 你认为你丈夫愿意帮忙吗 |
[33:45] | You will have to ask that of him yourself. | 你只能自己问问他了 |
[33:48] | – He is so rarely at home. – I am so sorry. | -他很少回家 -真遗憾 |
[33:50] | Whatever for? | 有什么可遗憾的 |
[33:52] | It is quite the ideal situation | 其实和丈夫分开生活 |
[33:54] | to live a separate life to one’s husband. | 是很理想的状态 |
[33:55] | I am afforded all the freedoms of marriage | 我能享受婚姻带来的所有自由 |
[33:57] | while bearing none of the burden of his company. | 也不用承受和他一同生活的负担 |
[34:01] | Well, what of your children? | 那你的孩子呢 |
[34:03] | Do they not miss their father? | 他们不想念父亲吗 |
[34:04] | It’s difficult to miss someone you’ve never known. | 从不了解 谈何想念 |
[34:07] | You forget the duchess is still in the first bloom of marriage. | 你忘了公爵夫人才新婚不久 |
[34:13] | Yes, the famous love match. | 是啊 家喻户晓的爱侣 |
[34:17] | Pay me no heed. | 别在意我的话 |
[34:18] | The duke’s company, I am sure, is anything but a burden to you. | 我敢肯定 公爵的陪伴对你绝非累赘 |
[34:24] | I can tell you where to write. My husband. | 我能告诉你写信到哪 给我丈夫 |
[34:27] | Perhaps the general will grant you a response. | 或许将军会给你一个答复 |
[34:29] | It is not as if you are his wife. | 你又不是他妻子 |
[34:34] | Duchess, you win again! | 公爵夫人 你又赢了 |
[34:37] | Seeing how you entertain yourself, | 看到您使自己快乐 |
[34:39] | I rather think you the victor, Lady Danbury. | 我觉得您才是赢家 丹布里夫人 |
[34:42] | I rather think so too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[34:44] | Again. | 再来一局 |
[34:48] | It’s a fine color. | 颜色不错 |
[34:50] | And the bubbles… | 还有泡沫 |
[34:54] | Just right. | 恰到好处 |
[34:56] | Don’t get me wrong. I love a good brandy. | 别误会 我爱喝白兰地 |
[34:59] | But sometimes, nothing’ll do but a beer. | 但有时只有啤酒才称心 |
[35:00] | Would you just get to the point? | 你能不能直入主题 |
[35:03] | I’m afraid I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 恐怕我不知道你在说什么 |
[35:04] | Yes, you do. | 不 你知道 |
[35:06] | You’re correct. I do. | 你说得对 我知道 |
[35:08] | Just like I know that you’ve obviously | 就像我知道很明显 |
[35:09] | made a considerable error with my sister. | 你对我妹妹犯下了大错 |
[35:11] | How, may I ask, could you infer that | 我能不能问问 你是怎么推断出 |
[35:12] | I was the one to make the error? | 我是犯错的那个 |
[35:14] | Well, I know my sister quite well. | 我很了解我妹妹 |
[35:16] | And while she is an unusually capable woman, | 她是个非常能干的女人 |
[35:20] | she is not capable of fucking up this severely. | 但她的能力不是把事情搞得一塌糊涂 |
[35:24] | Do you not ever get tired of pretending to be so perfect? | 你不累吗 一直假装这么完美 |
[35:28] | It’s exhausting just watching you. | 看着你就够累了 |
[35:29] | We may not be perfect, | 我们可能不完美 |
[35:30] | but at least we keep our promises. | 但至少会遵守自己的承诺 |
[35:31] | You know nothing of my commitments. | 你对我的承诺一无所知 |
[35:32] | I am trying to be a man of my word. | 我在努力当个守信之人 |
[35:34] | I’m trying to keep– | 我在努力遵守 |
[35:38] | I would not expect you to understand. | 我不指望你理解 |
[35:40] | What do you mean by that? | 那是什么意思 |
[35:41] | I mean that you leave a litany of broken promises | 我的意思是你所到之处 |
[35:43] | behind you everywhere you go. | 都留下一连串破碎的诺言 |
[35:45] | Your duty to protect Daphne from Nigel Berbrooke? | 你保护达芙妮远离奈杰尔·巴布鲁克的责任 |
[35:47] | Or what about your own reckless affairs, | 还有你自己乱来的事 |
[35:49] | are you still seeing that opera singer | 你还在私会那个歌女吗 |
[35:49] | you believe no one knows about? | 还自以为没人知道 |
[35:51] | You judge me, | 你看不起我 |
[35:52] | yet you cannot possibly understand | 但你不可能理解 |
[35:53] | the responsibility of heading a family, | 一家之主的责任 |
[35:54] | because you’ve never had one. | 因为你从未有过 |
[35:56] | But Daphne is my family now, | 但达芙妮现在是我的家人了 |
[35:57] | and there is no changing that. | 这一点无可改变 |
[35:59] | Though it is most unfortunate that I shall never quite reach | 不过很遗憾我永远也不可能成为 |
[36:01] | the lofty ideal you have demonstrated. | 你表现的那种”理想典范” |
[36:03] | What is most unfortunate is the fact that your father was so absent, | 最遗憾的是你父亲的缺席 |
[36:07] | he never gave you a proper example of how to lead a household. | 他从未言传身教过真正一家之主的样子 |
[36:20] | Well, you certainly make it look difficult. | 你确实让那显得很艰难 |
[36:25] | – I beg your pardon? – With your constant struggles. | -你说什么 -你持续不断的挣扎 |
[36:28] | – You cannot manage it, can you? – Hastings– | -你应付不了 不是吗 -黑斯廷斯 |
[36:29] | Your responsibility. | 你的责任 |
[36:31] | You, fulfilling the promise | 你要实现每个长子 |
[36:32] | that every firstborn son makes to his father before he dies. | 在父亲弥留之际许下的承诺 |
[36:38] | Do you think he is looking down on you now, | 你觉得他在天之灵正看着你吗 |
[36:40] | ashamed? | 无地自容 |
[36:42] | Mortified at what you have done? | 为你做的事羞愧不已 |
[36:44] | I wonder, what would the former viscount say? | 我在想前子爵会怎么想 |
[37:03] | Calm down! | 冷静点 |
[37:40] | It seems I became a little too rough training with Will. | 我和威尔训练时好像过于粗暴了 |
[37:53] | – Shall I call for Jeffries? – No. | -我要叫杰弗里斯吗 -不用了 |
[38:01] | Let me. | 让我来吧 |
[38:03] | With four brothers, you cannot imagine the nasty cuts | 我有四个兄弟 你想象不到这些年来 |
[38:06] | I have tended to over the years. | 我处理了多少严重的伤口 |
[39:03] | Why will you not unfold yourself to me? | 你为什么不对我袒露真心呢 |
[39:05] | Daphne… | 达芙妮 |
[39:10] | A child would be a blessing. | 孩子会是上天的恩赐 |
[39:21] | Tell me why you are so adamant. | 告诉我你为什么这么坚决 |
[39:23] | Because I swore a long time ago that I would never sire a child. | 因为很久之前我发誓永不生子 |
[39:27] | I do not understand. | 我不明白 |
[39:30] | My father… | 我父亲 |
[39:33] | cared more about the continuation of the Hastings line… | 在乎黑斯廷斯血统的延续 |
[39:39] | than anything in the world. | 胜过世间一切 |
[39:43] | More than my mother. | 胜过我母亲 |
[39:46] | More than me. | 胜过我 |
[39:48] | And so I made a vow | 所以我发誓 |
[39:50] | that his efforts would be in vain… | 要让他的努力付之东流 |
[39:55] | that the line would die with me. | 要让家族血脉在我这里终结 |
[40:04] | So this is all… | 所以这全都是 |
[40:07] | because of a vow? | 因为一个誓言 |
[40:11] | You made a vow to me too. | 你也向我发誓了 |
[40:14] | Or has our wedding day slipped your mind? | 还是说你已经把婚礼抛诸脑后了 |
[40:15] | I told you– | 我告诉过你 |
[40:16] | You told me that you could not have children. | 你告诉我你无法有孩子 |
[40:21] | You did not tell me it was some– some token of revenge | 你没告诉我这是某种复仇的象征 |
[40:24] | against a man who no longer walks this earth. | 报复一个已经离世的人 |
[40:27] | I swore to him on his deathbed. | 我在他临终之际发誓了 |
[40:29] | And you betrayed me in our marriage bed. | 你也在新婚之际背叛了我 |
[40:40] | Let me be certain I understand. | 让我确认自己明白了 |
[40:42] | You will neither have children, | 你既不要孩子 |
[40:45] | nor the happiness we could have together, | 也不要我们可以拥有的幸福 |
[40:47] | because you promised your father you would not? | 因为你对你父亲承诺了不会生子 |
[40:50] | I… | 我 |
[40:52] | Say it. | 说啊 |
[40:55] | Say it. | 说啊 |
[40:56] | It cannot be undone. | 已经覆水难收了 |
[41:02] | Then I thank you for your elucidation, Your Grace. | 那我谢谢你的澄清 公爵大人 |
[41:05] | If your hatred for your father | 如果你对父亲的憎恨 |
[41:07] | outweighs any affection that you might bear towards me… | 远超你对我可能抱有的任何爱意 |
[41:12] | then you are right. | 那你说得对 |
[41:15] | It cannot be undone. | 确实覆水难收了 |
[41:18] | My courses are due within the next few days. | 再过几天 我的月事就该来了 |
[41:21] | You will know then which vow you have broken, | 到时候你就会知道你打破了哪些誓言 |
[41:23] | and how we are to spend the rest of our lives, | 也会知道我们将如何度过余生 |
[41:26] | miserable together… | 痛苦地生活在一起 |
[41:29] | or perfectly happy apart. | 还是各自安好 |
[41:38] | Dearest reader, a question. | 亲爱的读者们 请回答这个问题 |
[41:41] | Is anything more exhilarating than taking a gamble? | 有什么比赌博更让人兴奋吗 |
[41:46] | For it is often the highest risk | 毕竟 常常是冒最高的风险 |
[41:48] | that carries the greatest reward. | 才会有最大的回报 |
[41:57] | Yet, wager wrongly, | 不过 如果下错了注 |
[42:00] | and you might find yourself left with nothing but regret. | 你可能将一无所有 只剩悔恨 |
[42:07] | – Ensure it is delivered to this address. – Yes, Your Grace. | -确保它邮寄到这个地址 -好的 夫人 |
[42:10] | Of course, one can never know for sure | 当然 没人能保证 |
[42:13] | whether a wager will make a fortune or ruin it, | 这一注会让你大赚一笔还是千金散尽 |
[42:17] | unless one chooses a more secure pursuit. | 除非他选择一个更加稳妥的方式 |
[42:23] | But as the season continues, | 但本次社交季尚未结束 |
[42:26] | the biggest gamblers have yet to truly show their hand… | 最大的玩家还没有摊牌 |
[42:31] | which leaves gossip in short supply in recent days. | 这就导致了近期八卦短缺 |
[42:35] | In fact, this author can think | 实际上 笔者没有想到 |
[42:37] | of no other event that merits a mention. | 任何值得一提的事 |
[42:41] | “No other event.” | “没什么事” |
[42:44] | But my luncheon. | 但我的午宴呢 |
[42:45] | At least she did not say anything odious. | 至少她没有说什么恶毒的话 |
[42:49] | It is far worse. | 这更糟糕 |
[42:51] | She wrote nothing. | 她什么也没报道 |
[43:01] | It is worthy of note, however, | 然而 确实值得注意的是 |
[43:04] | that the Duke and Duchess of Hastings | 黑斯廷斯公爵夫妇 |
[43:07] | have yet to entertain callers together. | 还没有一同招待过客人 |
[43:14] | Our newlyweds are no doubt still secluded | 毫无疑问 我们的这对新人仍在 |
[43:17] | in nuptial bliss. | 花烛之喜中 |
[43:23] | Who could fault them? | 谁会指责他们呢 |
[43:24] | And who could be surprised | 如果他们正努力 |
[43:26] | if their diligent efforts are rewarded | 在今年内迎接新生命 |
[43:29] | with a new arrival within the year? | 谁又会感到惊讶呢 |
[43:45] | In the past, every Whistledown revelation | 过去 微声到夫人以往的爆料 |
[43:48] | appeared to be plucked from a public event, | 都是来源于公众活动 |
[43:50] | where any of our town could have borne witness. | 在那里任何人都可能是目击者 |
[43:52] | But the column that singled out Marina was different. | 但这次针对玛丽娜的文章不太一样 |
[43:54] | It was personal. | 这是私密的 |
[43:54] | Your mama did not just help Marina | 你妈妈不是一个人 |
[43:56] | hide her condition all on her own. | 帮玛丽娜掩饰她的状况的 |
[43:57] | Of course not. Every servant in our household knew. | 当然不是 家里所有佣人都知道 |
[44:00] | A servant is unlikely. | 不太可能是佣人 |
[44:03] | Though, perhaps a tradesperson. | 不过 或许是个商人 |
[44:05] | Someone who visited your household regularly | 一个定期要来拜访你们家的人 |
[44:08] | might have seen or overheard something. | 她或许看到或是偷听到了什么 |
[44:10] | It is a possibility. | 是有可能 |
[44:11] | In that case, we must reconsider | 这样的话 我们得重新考虑 |
[44:12] | our methods of inquiry to this end. | 我们的调查方法了 |
[44:14] | This is wonderful, Pen. I must tell the queen of our new theory. | 这太棒了 小佩 我得去告诉女王我们的新推测 |
[44:18] | Then tell her at tonight’s concert. | 那你在今晚的音乐会上告诉她 |
[44:22] | I know you are not yet out, | 我知道你还没有亮相过 |
[44:24] | but I am sure your mama would still allow you to attend. | 但是我相信你妈妈会同意你参加的 |
[44:26] | Once we unmask Whistledown– | 一旦我们发现微声到是谁 |
[44:28] | Yes, yes, the Featherington honor will be restored. | 是 是 费瑟英顿家的名誉就可以重塑 |
[44:31] | I must return home. | 我得回家了 |
[44:33] | I shall take the back stairs so no one will see me. | 我最好走后门 这样没人能发现我 |
[44:35] | And, El? | 对了 小埃 |
[44:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[44:44] | I wrote to General Langham, | 我已经给兰厄姆将军写过信了 |
[44:46] | and I have told him all about Sir George. | 我把所有乔治爵士的事都告诉了他 |
[44:48] | If he is a man of honor– | 如果他是一个有信誉的人 |
[44:49] | – You wrote to the general? – Yes. | -你给将军写信了 -是的 |
[44:52] | And did the duke sign his name as well on this letter? | 那公爵他是否也在信上签名了 |
[44:57] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[44:59] | no. | 没有 |
[45:00] | But– | 但是 |
[45:03] | Marina, what is it? | 玛丽娜 怎么了 |
[45:05] | The general will not concern himself | 将军不会费心 |
[45:07] | to write back to you, Your Grace. | 给你回信的 公爵夫人 |
[45:10] | You do not know that. | 你怎么知道不会 |
[45:12] | He will pay attention to the words of a duchess. | 他会重视公爵夫人的话 |
[45:15] | He must. | 他一定会 |
[45:16] | Are you so unworldly? | 你怎么如此天真 |
[45:18] | I… I’m sorry. I… | 我 抱歉 |
[45:21] | Your help is greatly appreciated, | 我很感激你帮我 |
[45:23] | but there is nothing more you can do. | 但是你再做什么也无济于事了 |
[45:24] | – Marina- – It is over. | -玛丽娜 -结束了 |
[45:26] | I have already accepted the fact. | 我已经接受现实了 |
[45:30] | Thank you for your efforts. | 谢谢你的努力 |
[45:42] | – Missing the concert? – Indeed. | -不去音乐会 -是的 |
[45:45] | Not exactly in the mood for music and finery this evening. | 今晚我对音乐和丽人都没什么兴趣 |
[45:52] | I want to apologize. | 我想向你道歉 |
[45:57] | Are there locusts in the streets? Blood in the Thames? | 街上闹蝗灾了吗 还是血染了泰晤士河 |
[46:00] | Are the end of days upon us already? | 末日降临了吗 |
[46:01] | I may have been a trifle harsh with you. | 我最近可能对你有些严厉 |
[46:05] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[46:07] | You merely wished to protect me from my more… | 你只是想要保护我 以免我做 |
[46:10] | foolish impulses. | 更多的蠢事 |
[46:11] | So you admit it now, you were acting a fool? | 所以你现在承认你像个蠢蛋一样了吗 |
[46:13] | – As apologies go, this is certainly novel. – Hush, you. | -你这道歉可真新奇 -闭嘴吧 |
[46:19] | You may hurt now, but the pain will pass. | 你现在会很痛苦 不过这都会过去 |
[46:22] | You have the love of all your family | 我们全家人都很爱你 |
[46:24] | and the honor of your actions. | 你的行为也很有信誉 |
[46:27] | Soon you will forget Miss Thompson’s name, and it will– | 不久你就会忘记汤普森小姐 一切也会 |
[46:32] | It will be as if you never loved her at all. | 也会像你从没爱过她一样 |
[46:36] | And how have these precepts served you? | 那这些箴言帮到你了吗 |
[46:38] | Aside from being the most dismal, troubling ones | 除了让你变得抑郁 烦恼 |
[46:41] | I’ve heard in quite some time. | 你的事我早有耳闻 |
[46:43] | It’s a working progress, to be sure. | 这肯定不是一蹴而就 |
[46:48] | I suppose I was surprised to hear | 我很意外听说 |
[46:49] | you wished to join us this evening. | 你今晚想跟我们一起去 |
[46:51] | And I suppose I must be grateful | 我想我要感谢您 |
[46:52] | for your restraint in not using any feathers. | 克制住了给我用羽毛的想法 |
[46:55] | You look lovely. | 你看上去很美 |
[46:59] | Eloise… | 埃洛伊丝 |
[47:03] | Taking your place in society should be | 进入社交圈应该是 |
[47:05] | an exciting time in a young woman’s life. | 年轻女人生活中的一个兴奋时刻 |
[47:09] | If you are not truly ready, I shall not ask you to play pretend. | 如果你真的没准备好 我不会让你演戏 |
[47:14] | Perhaps I have been rushing you. | 或许是我一直在催你 |
[47:17] | We need not hasten your coming out before you feel prepared. | 我们无需在你没准备好前 催促你进入社交圈 |
[47:27] | The queen will be in attendance | 女王会参见 |
[47:28] | at tonight’s concert, will she not? | 今晚的音乐会 对吧 |
[47:30] | I believe she will. | 我想是的 |
[47:32] | Then I am looking forward to it. | 那我非常期待去 |
[47:34] | An exciting time indeed, Mama. | 确实是令人兴奋的时刻 妈妈 |
[47:59] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[48:00] | I am. | 是的 |
[48:28] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[48:35] | Sir Granville. | 格兰维尔先生 |
[48:38] | Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿 |
[48:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[48:41] | Excuse us. | 失陪 |
[48:44] | I would simply like to understand your… | 我只是想理解一下你的… |
[48:49] | situation. | 状况 |
[48:52] | – I would just like to understand. – It is simple. | -我只想理解 -很简单 |
[48:55] | I am in love with Lord Wetherby. | 我爱上了韦瑟比勋爵 |
[48:57] | You’re married. | 但你结婚了 |
[48:58] | And our marriage affords my wife her freedoms and protections. | 我们的婚姻给予了我妻子自由和保护 |
[49:02] | It is a happier union | 我向你保证 |
[49:03] | than most of the people in this room have, I assure you. | 我们的婚姻比在场大多数人都要幸福 |
[49:06] | What is the advantage for the young ladies | 那这对韦瑟比勋爵正在追求的 |
[49:08] | Lord Wetherby is courting? | 那些年轻女士有什么好处吗 |
[49:09] | Do they also share this understanding? | 她们也知道这件事吗 |
[49:11] | What about honor? Romance? | 那荣誉呢 浪漫呢 |
[49:14] | What would you know of either? | 关于这些你又知道什么呢 |
[49:16] | We live under constant threat of danger, Bridgerton. | 我们每天都生活在危险之中 布里奇顿 |
[49:19] | I risk my life every day for love. | 我每天都为爱冒生命危险 |
[49:24] | You have no idea what it is like | 你不知道这是什么感受 |
[49:26] | to be in a room with someone you cannot live without… | 与一个无法厮守终身的人共处一室 |
[49:30] | and yet still feel as though you are oceans apart. | 却依然感觉你们之间隔着汪洋大海 |
[49:33] | Stealing your glances, disguising your touches. | 偷偷窥探 掩饰触碰 |
[49:36] | We cannot so much as smile at each other… | 我们都不能对彼此微笑 |
[49:40] | without first ensuring no one else is watching. | 除非确保没人在看我们 |
[49:44] | It takes courage… | 这需要勇气 |
[49:48] | to live outside the traditional expectations of society. | 生活在传统社会的期望和框架之外 |
[49:52] | You talk of doing the same… | 你说自己也是这样 |
[49:55] | but perhaps it is merely just that… | 但或许也仅此而已 |
[50:00] | all talk. | 只是大话 |
[50:13] | And so you see, Your Majesty, it is clear as day. | 所以您瞧 女王陛下 这很清楚了 |
[50:15] | Lady Whistledown is someone who works closely with the members of the ton, | 微声到夫人是一个与镇上人们紧密合作的人 |
[50:18] | yet she is not a member herself. | 但她自己却不是本地人 |
[50:20] | She is a tradesperson. | 她是个商人 |
[50:23] | Is that all? | 就这些吗 |
[50:26] | I beg your pardon? | 什么 |
[50:27] | I am no longer in need of your services. | 我不再需要你去调查了 |
[50:30] | But, uh… my theory… | 但 我的理论 |
[50:32] | It is not necessary. | 已经没有必要了 |
[50:34] | I have hired a team of Bow Street Runners | 我已经聘用了一队弓街捕快 |
[50:36] | to do a proper investigation. | 进行正式调查 |
[50:38] | They will unmask Whistledown, | 他们将揭开微声到的真面目 |
[50:40] | and she shall be made to pay for her impertinence. | 她也将为自己的鲁莽无礼付出代价 |
[50:43] | That noxious gossip rag… | 这些毒害人心的流言蜚语 |
[50:46] | will finally cease to exist. | 终于可以停止了 |
[50:48] | You want to silence her? | 您想让她闭嘴吗 |
[50:52] | But there is still good she must do. | 但她还能做好事 |
[50:55] | Child, go. | 孩子 你走吧 |
[51:04] | – How long is this concert? – Three hours? | -这场音乐会要多久 -三小时 |
[51:06] | Four? | 四小时 |
[51:08] | Though, uh, I certainly have already heard enough. | 不过我已经听够了 |
[51:12] | You are my most favorite brother. Do you know that? | 你是我最喜欢的哥哥 你知道吗 |
[51:50] | I would like to make a stop and pick up a friend. | 我想稍作停顿 接一个朋友 |
[51:53] | A friend? | 朋友 |
[51:55] | Should I not have a friend? | 我就不能有朋友吗 |
[51:58] | I’m not bound by the rules of society. | 我又不被社会的条条框框约束 |
[52:02] | Please do not tell Mother. | 但别告诉母亲 |
[52:14] | Why are we at the modiste? | 我们为什么在女装店 |
[52:22] | Mademoiselle Bridgerton! | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[52:25] | This is my sister, Eloise, and we will be dropping her at home. | 这是我妹妹 埃洛伊丝 我们把她送回家 |
[52:48] | How… How was your night, ma chérie? | 你今晚过得如何 亲爱的 |
[52:50] | It was… | 就是 |
[52:52] | everything I expected. | 和我想一样 |
[52:54] | Horrible and terribly boring. | 煎熬且无聊透顶 |
[52:58] | So this is why you do not wish to lower your hems? | 所以你不想穿裙摆更短的裙子吗 |
[53:03] | The entire ton were there, | 整个镇的人都在那 |
[53:04] | and I did not have a single worthwhile exchange. | 我却没有进行一次有意义的对话 |
[53:06] | The entire ton? | 整个镇 |
[53:07] | You mean, everyone except for the Featheringtons? | 你是说除了费瑟英顿一家吗 |
[53:11] | Yes, everyone except… | 没错 所有人都在 除了… |
[53:14] | them. | 他们 |
[53:17] | Your mama did not just help Marina hide her condition on her own. | 你妈妈不是一个人帮玛丽娜掩饰她的状况的 |
[53:20] | Of course not. Every servant in our household knew. | 当然不是 家里所有佣人都知道 |
[53:22] | Though, perhaps a tradesperson? | 不过 或许是个商人 |
[53:24] | I certainly never want to cross the woman. | 我绝不想招惹这个女人 |
[53:26] | Her word as good as gospel. | 她的话像福音一样令人信服 |
[53:35] | Is everything well, Eloise? | 一切都好吗 埃洛伊丝 |
[53:40] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[55:55] | Marina? | 玛丽娜 |
[55:57] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[56:02] | Marina? | 玛丽娜 |
[56:04] | Are you still awake? | 你还醒着吗 |
[56:12] | Marina! | 玛丽娜 |
[56:14] | Marina! Marina! | 玛丽娜 玛丽娜 |
[56:16] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[56:18] | Mama, make haste! | 妈妈 赶紧过来 |
[56:20] | Marina? Marina, I’m here. It’s okay. | 玛丽娜 玛丽娜 我在这 没事了 |