时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | Dearest gentle reader, | 亲爱的读者 |
[00:29] | I must send felicitations | 我必须恭贺 |
[00:32] | to the new Duke and Duchess of Hastings. | 新晋黑斯廷斯公爵大人和公爵夫人 |
[00:36] | Congratulations and stamina as they embark | 恭喜他们开启了年轻夫妇生活中 |
[00:40] | on the most exhilarating time in a young couple’s life. | 最令人振奋 最耗费耐力的时刻 |
[00:46] | I am, of course, talking of the honeymoon. | 当然 我说的是蜜月期 |
[01:18] | Is there a more romantic notion? | 还有比这更浪漫的吗 |
[01:21] | – To retreat from society together… – Good morning. | -一同离开社交圈 -早上好 |
[01:24] | – …finally leaving watchful eyes behind. – Good morning. | -终于逃离了众人的目光 -早上好 |
[01:34] | Welcome to Clyvedon, Your Grace. | 欢迎回到克莱维登 公爵大人 |
[01:37] | It has been so long | 久违了公爵 |
[01:38] | since we have been blessed with your presence, | 您好久都没有回家了 |
[01:40] | but I trust you will find everything to your liking. | 但我相信您会发现一切都如您所好 |
[01:42] | I do not doubt it, Mrs. Colson. I hope you have been well. | 我丝毫不怀疑 科尔森太太 我希望你一切都好 |
[01:46] | May I introduce to you the Duchess of Hastings? | 请允许我介绍黑斯廷斯公爵夫人 |
[01:49] | I am looking forward to making your acquaintance, Mrs. Colson. | 我很期待与你好好相处 科尔森太太 |
[01:52] | Thank you, Your Grace. | 谢谢 公爵夫人 |
[01:54] | I have planned everything to make you both comfortable. | 我安排了一些活动 为了让您感到舒适 |
[01:57] | First, a light meal, served on the terrace. | 首先 在露台上享用简餐 |
[01:59] | Then a tour to show you all the improvements I have made. Then– | 然后带您去看看我对庄园的改善 之后… |
[02:02] | I am sure it will be most diverting, Mrs. Colson, | 我相信那一定很有趣 科尔森太太 |
[02:04] | but I am afraid it will have to wait. | 但恐怕你的计划要等等了 |
[02:06] | I have plans of my own for my new bride. | 我已经给新娘做了安排 |
[02:20] | I want to show you the bedroom. | 我想让你看看卧室 |
[02:23] | Yours or mine? | 你的还是我的 |
[02:25] | You truly believe we are to have separate rooms? | 你不会真以为我们要睡不同的房间吧 |
[02:29] | I should think not. | 我想不是 |
[02:31] | Stop! They shall see! | 别闹 他们会看见 |
[02:32] | Whatever will they think? | 那他们该怎么想啊 |
[02:34] | Does it matter? | 有什么关系吗 |
[02:40] | While this author, along with the rest of the ton, | 与此同时 笔者和其他人一样 |
[02:43] | will certainly miss its most-remarked-upon couple back in London, | 会在伦敦想念这对最被人津津乐道的夫妇 |
[02:47] | perhaps we might find solace | 或许能给我们慰藉的 |
[02:49] | in the promise of the duke and duchess | 就是期盼着公爵和公爵夫人 |
[02:51] | returning to us bearing a surprise. | 能带着惊喜回到我们中间 |
[02:57] | I wonder what Daphne is doing at this very moment. | 不知道达芙妮现在正在干什么 |
[03:00] | I am sure she has many new duties to attend to as duchess, | 我想她作为公爵夫人肯定有很多职责 |
[03:03] | new things you should be learning for your debut. | 你该学学新东西 为初次亮相做准备了 |
[03:05] | Making simpering conversation, pretending not to wince | 矫揉造作地聊天 即使有男人 |
[03:07] | every time a man treads on my toes during a waltz? | 在跳华尔兹时踩到我的脚 也要面不改色 |
[03:09] | – Eloise! – I’m no good at those things. | -埃洛伊丝 -我不擅长那些 |
[03:11] | I’ll only make a fool of myself. | 我只会出丑 |
[03:12] | Well, perhaps if you devoted as much time to your deportment lessons | 或许如果你像热衷写作那样 |
[03:15] | as you did to writing in your journal, | 多花时间上礼仪课 |
[03:16] | you might feel rather better. | 你会感觉好很多 |
[03:17] | And on that subject, in preparation for your season, | 说起这个 为了准备你的出圈季 |
[03:20] | it is high time we lowered your skirts to wear at home. | 我们该在家让你穿更短的裙子了 |
[03:22] | I have no time for a visit to the modiste. | 我没时间去女装店 |
[03:24] | I am busy. | 我很忙 |
[03:25] | The queen herself has charged me | 女王本人派我 |
[03:26] | with discovering Whistledown’s identity. | 查明微声到的真实身份 |
[03:28] | You would not have me cross Her Majesty, would you? | 你不会让我违背女王陛下吧 对吗 |
[03:31] | May I have everyone’s attention? | 劳烦各位往这边看 |
[03:36] | I would like to make a small but important announcement. | 我想做一个虽小 但重要的宣布 |
[03:41] | I have happy news to impart. | 我很高兴告知各位 |
[03:45] | I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife, | 我向玛丽娜·汤普森小姐求婚了 |
[03:48] | and she has accepted. | 她也答应了 |
[04:01] | Congratulations! | 祝贺 |
[04:04] | Bravo, sir! | 干得漂亮 先生 |
[04:06] | Did you know about this? | 你知道这事吗 |
[04:09] | People are looking, dear. | 大家都在看 亲爱的 |
[04:12] | Congratulate the happy couple. | 祝贺这对幸福的夫妇 |
[04:21] | You barely know the young lady. What on earth were you thinking? | 你几乎不了解她 你到底在想什么 |
[04:23] | I was thinking you’d respond like this | 我想的就是你会有这种反应 |
[04:24] | and how little I would care to hear. | 而我一点也不想听你说 |
[04:25] | Do you think this is a joke? Poor Mother was beside herself. | 你觉得这是个笑话吗 可怜的母亲都失态了 |
[04:28] | Mother seems perfectly happy to me. She congratulated us. | 我觉得母亲看着很开心 她祝贺了我们 |
[04:32] | So, you compromised this young lady? | 你玷污了这位女士吗 |
[04:35] | – Certainly not. I am a gentleman. – Then why ever would you– | -当然没有 我是个绅士 -那你为什么 |
[04:37] | Why does anyone marry, brother? | 其他人为什么结婚 哥哥 |
[04:40] | For love, of course. | 当然是为了爱 |
[04:41] | Look, I know you are still rather green, and that is my fault. | 听着 我知道你还青涩 这是我的错 |
[04:45] | I should’ve taken you to brothels when you returned from Eton. | 你从伊顿公学毕业回来后 我就该带你去妓院 |
[04:48] | If this is a matter of wetting your wick– | 如果这是关于到你的个人需求 |
[04:50] | You are an ass. Do you know that? | 你真是混蛋 你知道吗 |
[04:51] | This is what comes of not sowing your wild oats. | 这就是年轻时不多采采野花的后果 |
[04:54] | Proposing to the first chit you set your cap at. | 向你看到的第一个小妞求婚 |
[04:56] | Enough! | 够了 |
[04:58] | You insult me and you insult my intended. | 你侮辱了我和我的打算 |
[05:00] | It is not my fault, nor Marina’s, | 你无法与人产生感情 |
[05:02] | that you cannot fathom true attachment. | 这既不是我的错 也不是玛丽娜的错 |
[05:05] | – You are still a child, Colin. – I’m older than Daphne. | -你还是个孩子 科林 -我比达芙妮年长 |
[05:08] | – You were happy to marry her off. – It is not the same, and you know it. | -你很乐意把她嫁出去 -那不一样 你知道的 |
[05:10] | – I know nothing of the sort. – Then you betray your immaturity! | -我认为没什么不同 -那你就太天真了 |
[05:13] | If I caused Mother discomfort today, I am sorry for it. | 如果我今天让母亲难过了 我很抱歉 |
[05:18] | I shall speak with her. | 我会向她道歉 |
[05:19] | The truth is, I do not require | 事实是 我不需要 |
[05:21] | your permission to marry Miss Thompson… | 你的允许去娶汤普森小姐 |
[05:25] | but I would very much prefer to have your blessing. | 但我很希望能得到你的祝福 |
[05:27] | Then I am afraid I must disappoint you. | 那恐怕我必须要让你失望了 |
[05:30] | You have… | 是的 |
[05:33] | in more ways than one. | 在很多方面都是 |
[05:47] | I believe I now know the reason | 我现在知道为什么 |
[05:49] | why every mama of the ton keeps her daughter in total darkness | 镇上所有的母亲都不让自己的女儿知道 |
[05:53] | about certain… diversions. | 这种…消遣方式了 |
[05:58] | Do you? | 真的吗 |
[05:59] | Should they have told us what it was truly like, | 如果她们告诉我们真实情况 |
[06:02] | however would we get anything else done at all? | 那我们还怎么能干好其他事呢 |
[06:09] | I must go. | 我必须得走了 |
[06:11] | If I am to be duchess of all of this, | 如果我要成为这里的公爵夫人 |
[06:13] | I must start learning the lie of the land. | 我必须开始了解这里的情况 |
[06:15] | You are already duchess of all this. | 你已经是这里的公爵夫人了 |
[06:18] | And I look forward | 我也很期待 |
[06:19] | to exploring that particular land further… | 更进一步探索某一处的情况… |
[06:23] | Later. | 晚点再说 |
[06:25] | Simon! | 西蒙 |
[06:26] | You said the duchy was most intimidating. | 你明明说公爵领地很吓人 |
[06:28] | Why not stay and lord it over this room? | 为什么不留下当这个房间的主人就好 |
[06:32] | You may find it a bit more titillating. | 你也许会发现这里更刺激 |
[06:34] | I do not doubt it. | 我毫不怀疑 |
[06:36] | But I suspect Mrs. Colson shall always resent me | 但我觉得如果不让科尔森太太带我转转 |
[06:38] | if I do not take her tour. | 她会一直生我的气 |
[06:39] | Then let her resent. | 那就让她气着 |
[06:43] | I shall do nothing of the sort. | 我可不能做那种事 |
[06:46] | My mother told me a lady is nothing without her housekeeper. | 我母亲教导我 夫人离了管家寸步难行 |
[06:49] | I must make a good impression, | 我必须给她留下好印象 |
[06:52] | or nothing in this house shall run smoothly. | 不然这里的一切都没法顺利进行 |
[06:58] | Then I wish you well. | 那就祝你好运吧 |
[07:01] | – Your Grace. – Your Grace. | -公爵大人 -公爵夫人 |
[07:12] | I have prepared the study for you to work, Your Grace. | 书房已经准备好供您工作了 公爵大人 |
[07:15] | Jeffries, I am on my honeymoon. | 杰弗里斯 我还在度蜜月 |
[07:17] | The steward has left the records in some disarray. | 管家的记录有点乱 |
[07:20] | I cannot make head nor tail of the estate’s accounting, | 我理不清庄园的账目 |
[07:23] | and there are several letters from farm tenants | 另外还有些佃户来信 |
[07:26] | begging an audience with Your Grace. | 请求公爵大人的大驾光临 |
[07:27] | Very well! | 好吧 |
[07:30] | If I must. | 如果必须得去的话 |
[07:33] | The castle was built in 1706 for Admiral Thomas, | 城堡是1706年为海军上将托马斯修建的 |
[07:38] | a gift from Her Majesty Queen Anne– | 是安妮王后御赐的礼物 |
[07:40] | For his military triumphs against the French, I believe. | 奖赏他在抵御法国时取得的军事胜利吧 |
[07:44] | My younger sister Hyacinth is something of a student of history. | 我的小妹妹海信丝喜欢学习历史 |
[07:48] | Very well, Your Grace. Here we are. | 很好 公爵夫人 我们到了 |
[07:50] | The morning room, where the former duchess | 晨用起居室 前任公爵夫人很喜欢 |
[07:52] | preferred to take tea with visitors. | 在这里跟访客们一起喝茶 |
[07:54] | My mama suggested I extend an invitation to the vicar first. | 我母亲建议我先邀请教区牧师们 |
[07:58] | – I believe she is right. – Of course, Your Grace. | -我相信她是对的 -当然 公爵夫人 |
[08:01] | I look forward to hosting our first ball. | 我很期待主办我们的第一场舞会 |
[08:04] | But I believe it would be prudent to wait | 但我知道最好等到 |
[08:06] | until after the close of the London season, yes? | 伦敦的社交季结束 对吗 |
[08:10] | Indeed, Your Grace. | 是的 公爵夫人 |
[08:13] | And I shall look at redecorating this room first. | 我想先重新装修一下这个房间 |
[08:17] | You wish to redecorate? | 您想重新装修 |
[08:20] | Certainly, Your Grace. | 当然 公爵夫人 |
[08:22] | There is to be a fair in the village this week. | 这周村里有集会 |
[08:24] | I offered it patronage on your behalf. | 我以您的名义提供了赞助 |
[08:27] | Most thoughtful of you, Mrs. Colson. | 你想得太周到了 科尔森太太 |
[08:29] | Perhaps we might give the servants | 不如我们给佣人们放放假 |
[08:31] | some time off to attend as well. | 让他们也去参加吧 |
[08:32] | There is much to be done | 还有很多活要干 |
[08:34] | now that the duke and yourself are in residence. | 毕竟公爵和您回来住了 |
[08:36] | Well, even more reason to allow them some respite, then. | 那就更有理由让他们喘喘气了 |
[08:42] | Is that…? | 那是… |
[08:43] | The former duchess, yes. | 前任公爵夫人 是的 |
[08:46] | – She was beautiful. – Thoughtful, too. | -她真美 -也很体贴 |
[08:48] | Most proper. | 非常得体 |
[08:50] | A perfect duchess. | 是位完美的公爵夫人 |
[09:01] | And here is the nursery. | 这里是婴儿房 |
[09:12] | Your Grace? | 公爵夫人 |
[09:13] | It is lovely. | 很好 |
[09:17] | Shall we move on? | 我们继续吧 |
[09:19] | I am certain there is much left to see. | 我想这里还有很多可看的 |
[09:21] | Yes, of course. Let me show you your grounds. | 当然 我带您去看看您的花园 |
[09:40] | My apologies. I– | 抱歉 我… |
[09:43] | Are we expecting royalty? | 有皇室成员要来吗 |
[09:45] | Begging your pardon, Your Grace. | 请原谅 公爵大人 |
[09:47] | The late duke preferred a formal table. | 已故的公爵喜欢正式的餐桌 |
[09:51] | – But if you prefer– – No. | -但您要是更喜欢… -不 |
[09:53] | No, never mind. | 不用 没事 |
[10:02] | Mrs. Colson’s tour today was exceptional. | 科尔森太太今天的引导非常棒 |
[10:06] | The gardens are particularly lovely. | 花园尤其好 |
[10:07] | I found myself in continual awe of their beauty. | 我忍不住为它的美丽连连惊呼 |
[10:15] | Is anything wrong? | 有什么不对吗 |
[10:17] | You… | 你… |
[10:18] | You are so far away. | 你坐得太远了 |
[10:22] | Well, that is easily remedied. | 这好办 |
[10:26] | It is no trouble, truly. | 不用麻烦 真的 |
[10:42] | There, now. Much better, yes? | 这样好多了吧 |
[10:47] | I thought perhaps to redecorate a few rooms | 我想着也许能重装几个房间 |
[10:49] | but I wish to talk to you first. | 但还是想先跟你商量一下 |
[10:51] | I’d hate to change anything you’re particularly attached to. | 我不想改动任何你特别留恋的东西 |
[10:53] | Then you may change it all. In fact, please do. | 那你可以全改了 请尽管改吧 |
[10:56] | Now, do not jest. | 别开玩笑了 |
[10:58] | You must have fond memories… | 你肯定会有些回忆 |
[11:01] | or sentimental attachments. | 或是情感的依恋 |
[11:04] | After all, this has been your home for many years. | 毕竟这里曾有很多年都是你的家 |
[11:06] | Do what you will. | 照你的意愿做就好 |
[11:08] | Paper the drawing room in flamingo-pink tulle. | 在起居室挂上火烈鸟粉的纱网 |
[11:09] | I am sure I shall love it. | 我肯定会喜欢的 |
[11:11] | You do know, you need not dress so formally here. | 你知道你在这里不用穿得这么正式吧 |
[11:18] | Does this meet your approval? | 这样达到你的要求了吗 |
[11:22] | Without question. | 毫无疑问 |
[11:30] | Your Grace, should we… | 公爵大人 我们要不要… |
[11:34] | go upstairs? | 到楼上去 |
[11:35] | I have a better idea. | 我有更好的主意 |
[11:41] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪 |
[11:43] | Out. | 出去 |
[12:44] | Do you like this? | 喜欢吗 |
[12:47] | Tell me what you want. | 告诉我 你想要什么 |
[12:51] | I want… | 我想要 |
[12:55] | you. | 你 |
[13:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:37] | Does that hurt? | 你很疼吗 |
[13:39] | When you… | 当你 |
[13:40] | No. | 不疼 |
[13:43] | I feel as you feel, | 我和你的感觉一样 |
[13:44] | absolutely wonderful. | 无上美妙 |
[14:30] | Wait! | 等等 |
[14:31] | Wait! Come here. | 等等 过来 |
[14:37] | – Whatever will the staff think? – Does it matter? | -仆人们会怎么想 -重要吗 |
[15:25] | Apologies, Your Grace. | 对不起 公爵夫人 |
[15:28] | Well, our activities are quite… spirited. | 我们的活动非常…热情高涨 |
[15:35] | I admit, I did not even know it was possible. | 老实说 我以前都不知道可以这样 |
[15:38] | I believed his physical inability to have children | 我以为因为他无法生育 |
[15:41] | would preclude him from… | 他就不能… |
[15:43] | …causing such difficult entanglements? | 做这些困难的剧烈运动吗 |
[15:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:50] | I am quite glad to say I was wrong. | 很高兴我当初想错了 |
[16:07] | He took your ribbon? Did you take the ribbon? | 他拿了你的丝带 你拿她的丝带了吗 |
[16:10] | – Dunno what you’re talking ab– – I literally saw him do it. | -不知道你在说什么 -我亲眼看见了 |
[16:12] | I did see something in your pocket. What is it? | 我看到你口袋里有东西 是什么 |
[16:13] | Exactly, It’s not fair. | 说真的 这不公平 |
[16:15] | He does it every time. | 他每次都这么干 |
[16:15] | – Just give it back. – Gregory, stop! | -快点还回去 -格雷戈里 住手 |
[16:17] | – Good morning. – Greg– | -早上好 -格雷 |
[16:20] | Morning, brother. | 早上好 弟弟 |
[16:23] | Colin, your engagement is in Whistledown! | 科林 你订婚的事上了微声到夫人社交小报 |
[16:25] | Hyacinth! | 海信丝 |
[16:26] | What? It is! | 怎么了 是真的 |
[16:28] | – Very well. Everyone out, I think. – Yes. | -很好 我觉得大家还是出去吧 -对 |
[16:41] | I did say I was sorry. | 我说了我很抱歉 |
[16:42] | I suppose I ought to be relieved | 我觉得我应该感到安心 |
[16:44] | I found out before Lady Whistledown. | 我比微声到夫人早知道了这件事 |
[16:45] | Mother, I have been courting Miss Thompson all season. | 母亲 这段时间我一直在追求汤普森小姐 |
[16:48] | Perhaps you were so taken up by Daphne you failed to see it. | 也许您的注意力全放在达芙妮身上了而没注意到 |
[16:50] | I knew you were flirting with her, | 我以为你是在和她调情 |
[16:53] | but you flirt with plenty of young ladies. | 你总是和很多年轻小姐调情的 |
[16:55] | You always have, never in earnest. | 你总是调情 从没认真过 |
[16:57] | – Until now. – It is all happening so quickly. | -现在我认真了 -一切都发生得太快了 |
[17:03] | I am not sure I have ever seen you so solemn and serious. | 我从没见你这么严肃认真过 |
[17:06] | No one ever takes me seriously, except Marina. | 除了玛丽娜 没有人认真对待过我 |
[17:12] | I was not prepared to let another of you fly the nest so soon. | 我还没准备好看着另一只雏鸟飞离身边 |
[17:16] | Never fear, Mother. | 不要害怕 母亲 |
[17:18] | You will still have your hands full. | 会有很多人陪着您的 |
[17:21] | Especially with Eloise. | 尤其是埃洛伊丝 |
[17:24] | Good luck with that one. | 您得在她身上多费点劲了 |
[17:30] | Do you think Colin will introduce us to his friends? | 你觉得科林会把我们介绍给他的朋友们吗 |
[17:32] | – Some of them are quite strapping. – I am sure he will. | -他有些朋友很结实呢 -他肯定会的 |
[17:35] | I am sure all of our fortunes are about to change. | 我敢肯定 我们的命运都将改变了 |
[17:38] | Especially Colin’s. | 尤其是科林的命运 |
[17:42] | You look very lovely today, Penelope. | 你今天看上去很美 佩妮洛普 |
[17:44] | Do not mock me. | 别嘲笑我 |
[17:52] | It pains me you should think every compliment a mockery. | 我很心痛 你觉得每一句赞扬都是嘲讽 |
[17:55] | Do not pity me, either. | 也不要可怜我 |
[17:57] | I do not pity you, Penelope. | 我没有可怜你 佩妮洛普 |
[17:59] | I respect you. | 我尊敬你 |
[18:01] | You have been a true friend since I arrived here, | 自从我来到这 你一直是我真正的朋友 |
[18:04] | and I rely on your continued friendship and sympathy. | 而我也依赖着你长久的友谊与同情 |
[18:07] | My continued silence, you mean? | 你是说我长久的沉默吗 |
[18:10] | You think so little of me, I cannot bear it. | 我难以忍受你这么看不起我 |
[18:15] | I never would have made my way through this awful tangle | 没有你的善意 我永远也走不出 |
[18:17] | without your kindness. | 那一团乱麻的日子 |
[18:18] | Please do not tell me you regret it. | 千万别说你后悔那样帮助我 |
[18:22] | I would never bring scandal on you or our family, | 我绝不会给你或我们的家族带来丑闻的 |
[18:25] | if that is what you ask, | 如果你是这个意思的话 |
[18:27] | but I cannot condone your actions. | 但我绝对无法宽恕你的行为 |
[18:32] | I want you as my friend, Pen. | 小佩 我想要你这个朋友 |
[18:35] | Can you not try to understand and be a little pleased for me? | 你就不能试着理解我 为我高兴一下吗 |
[18:38] | Marina? Time for the modiste. | 玛丽娜 该去买衣服了 |
[18:40] | We must see to your trousseau. | 我们必须好好准备你的嫁妆 |
[18:50] | She is so lucky. | 她太幸运了 |
[18:52] | A whole new wardrobe and a handsome husband. | 一柜子崭新的衣服 还有个帅气的丈夫 |
[18:55] | Between the two of them, they will make the most beautiful baby. | 他们两个一定会生出最美丽的孩子 |
[18:58] | He is not the father, you dunderhead! | 他又不是孩子的父亲 你这个傻瓜 |
[19:03] | Oh, my goodness! I clean forgot. | 我的天啊 我完全忘记了 |
[19:05] | Do not laugh at him! She makes a fool of him already. | 不要嘲笑他 他已经被她骗了 |
[19:08] | You are no fun anymore. | 你现在可真无趣 |
[19:12] | Was I ever? | 我什么时候有趣过 |
[19:16] | See? You will look so very lovely | 看到了吗 把头发梳上去 |
[19:19] | with it pinned up next season. | 下一季度你会特别美丽的 |
[19:21] | No. I will look like every other young lady, | 不 我会和其他所有人看起来一模一样 |
[19:23] | except less graceful and more bad-tempered. | 只是不那么优雅 脾气还更坏 |
[19:26] | Lady Bridgerton. Miss Eloise. | 布里奇顿夫人 埃洛伊丝小姐 |
[19:29] | I understand we are here on the matter of dropping our hems? | 我听说此行是来改短裙子下摆的吧 |
[19:32] | Precisely. | 确实如此 |
[19:35] | Lady Bridgerton! There you are. | 布里奇顿夫人 您在这儿啊 |
[19:37] | Lady Featherington. Miss Thompson. | 费瑟英顿夫人 汤普森小姐 |
[19:39] | It is lovely to see you, Lady Bridgerton. | 见到您太高兴了 布里奇顿夫人 |
[19:42] | You must call me Violet now, I insist. | 叫我瓦莱特吧 我坚持 |
[19:44] | Is this not just delightful, | 一想到我们要成为亲家了 |
[19:46] | to know now that our families will be joined forever? | 实在太令人高兴了 对吗 |
[19:50] | Yes, it certainly is something. | 是的 确实如此 |
[19:52] | You must join us tomorrow night, | 明晚您一定要来 |
[19:54] | you, and dear Colin, and the viscount. | 您 亲爱的科林 还有子爵 |
[19:57] | We have so much to celebrate. | 我们有太多要庆祝的事了 |
[19:58] | I will certainly ask the viscount. | 我一定会问问子爵的 |
[20:01] | Perfect. Now, I shall need to steal | 太好了 现在 我得稍稍 |
[20:03] | Madame Delacroix away for a moment. | 借走一下德拉克罗瓦夫人 |
[20:06] | I do apologize, Lady Featherington, | 很抱歉 费瑟英顿夫人 |
[20:09] | but first there is the matter of your account. | 但是 首先是您的账户出了问题 |
[20:12] | I was clear to your maid that your line of credit… | 我已经清楚地告诉您女仆 您的信用额度 |
[20:14] | Allow me to stop you there. | 请别再说了 |
[20:17] | Our bills will be settled in full | 我们会付清所有账单的 |
[20:20] | as soon as you have made Miss Thompson, soon-to-be Bridgerton, | 只要你为即将成为布里奇顿太太的汤姆森小姐 |
[20:22] | her gown and the other items for her trousseau. | 准备好她嫁妆所需的礼服和其他物品 |
[20:25] | I am afraid that is not possible. | 恐怕这不可能 |
[20:27] | Perhaps you might find another tailoress | 或许您可以在镇上找到其他 |
[20:29] | more to your liking across town. | 更合您心意的女裁缝 |
[20:33] | – Oui? – Madame Delacroix, that reminds me. | -对吗 -德拉克罗瓦夫人 这提醒了我 |
[20:35] | You have such a unique accent, | 你的口音很特别 |
[20:38] | and yet I have never asked where in France you’re from. | 但我还从问过你来自法国哪里 |
[20:41] | My mother was French, you see, | [法语]我母亲是法国人 |
[20:44] | and I am not fooled by your little act. | [法语]我不会被你小花招骗到的 |
[20:47] | I would hate for the other ladies of the ton | [法语]我不想让其他上流社会的女士 |
[20:49] | to learn they have been taken in as well. | [法语]知道她们也同样被骗了 |
[20:52] | I believe Madame Delacroix will be | 我相信德拉克罗瓦夫人 |
[20:55] | someone more amenable to our requests now, Lady Featherington. | 现在更乐于接受我们的请求了 费瑟英顿夫人 |
[20:59] | – Très bon? – Très bon. | -对吗 -是的 |
[21:21] | What is the prize for the winner? | 获胜者的奖励是什么 |
[21:23] | Why, slaughter, of course. | 天啊 当然是杀了 |
[21:34] | As the duke has granted me the honor | 承蒙公爵允许 |
[21:36] | of opening our village fair with this contest, | 我有幸以此项比赛开启我们的乡村集市 |
[21:39] | it is after careful consideration that I have decided… | 经过仔细考量 我决定 |
[21:46] | that all three pigs have tied! | 所有三头猪不分胜负 |
[21:50] | I hereby decree every pig such a winner | 我特此宣布 每头猪都是优胜者 |
[21:52] | that none should be slaughtered. | 所有猪都不该被杀掉 |
[22:07] | They look lovely. | 它们看起来真不错 |
[22:09] | Look at those. | 看看这些 |
[22:12] | Why, these are delicious! | 天啊 这些太好吃了 |
[22:14] | We must order some for Clyvedon. | 我们必须定一些送去克莱维登 |
[22:18] | Does your patronage extend beyond pies, Your Grace? | 您会资助馅饼以外的东西吗 公爵大人 |
[22:22] | The harvests on the farm have been poor, | 农场现在的收成很差 |
[22:24] | and with the rents being tripled, | 而地租却翻了三倍 |
[22:25] | we are struggling to put food on the table. | 我们已经快要吃不上饭了 |
[22:27] | The rents tripled? | 地租翻了三倍吗 |
[22:29] | My steward did not inform me. | 我的管家没向我报告过 |
[22:30] | He hasn’t shown his face since your father passed, | 自从您父亲去世后他就再没来过 |
[22:33] | God rest His Grace’s soul. | 愿您父亲的灵魂安息 |
[22:35] | He always gave his tenants what they needed, unlike some. | 他总是给他的佃农们所需要的 不像有些人 |
[22:38] | Then it is a good thing indeed that we are back at Clyvedon. | 那我们回克莱维登确实是件好事 |
[22:41] | I am sure we can find a solution to these difficulties, | 我相信我们一定能找到解决这些困难的办法 |
[22:44] | and I thank you for bringing them to our attention. | 感谢你告诉我们这些事 |
[22:46] | Your Grace. | 不用谢 公爵夫人 |
[22:58] | There, there, there, child. No need to cry. | 好了 好了 孩子 不要哭 |
[23:01] | All is well. | 一切都很好 |
[23:03] | My! You have a strong set of lungs. | 天啊 你的中气可真足 |
[23:05] | They shall hear you all the way in London. | 他们远在伦敦都能听到你的声音 |
[23:06] | If not all the way to France. | 恐怕都能传到法国了 |
[23:10] | Oh, my goodness. I must apologize, Your Grace. | 天啊 我必须道歉 公爵夫人 |
[23:13] | Little Ada has just discovered her own voice | 小艾达刚学会说话 |
[23:15] | and likes to use it as often and loudly as she can. | 经常喜欢大喊大叫 |
[23:21] | Please, stand. | 别行礼了 |
[23:22] | You should not be stooping in your condition. | 以你现在的情况 不该弯腰 |
[23:30] | Well, it was lovely to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴认识你 |
[23:35] | Ada. | 再见 艾达 |
[23:38] | Your Grace. | 再见 公爵夫人 |
[23:47] | What can we do about the farmer’s rent? | 关于农民们的地租我们能做些什么吗 |
[23:50] | There must be something. | 一定有办法的 |
[23:51] | I should have returned sooner to see that things were in order. | 我应该早点回来 看看一切是否正常 |
[23:54] | I did not realize my absence would be felt this way. | 我没意识到我不在会变成这样 |
[23:56] | – Daphne… – I hope tha… | -达芙妮 -我希望 |
[23:58] | Please. | 你先说吧 |
[24:00] | I only meant to say, | 我只是想说 |
[24:02] | I hope it did not pain you too much | 希望看到我和那些孩子在一起 |
[24:04] | to see me with those children. | 不会让你太痛苦 |
[24:07] | Pain me? | 让我痛苦吗 |
[24:09] | Daphne, I thought only of you. | 达芙妮 我想的只有你 |
[24:14] | You know, oddly enough, | 知道吗 非常奇怪 |
[24:15] | when I am actually in the presence of children, | 当真正在孩子们面前时 |
[24:17] | I forget all about my own concerns. | 我会忘了所有我担心的事 |
[24:21] | They are the easiest company in the world. | 他们是这世上最容易相处的人 |
[24:23] | You are natural with them. | 你天生擅长照顾孩子 |
[24:25] | My younger sisters and brother. | 都是因为我的弟弟和妹妹们 |
[24:27] | Each one a mischief. | 每个都很调皮 |
[24:31] | You know, my abundant family will be good | 要知道 我的大家庭 |
[24:32] | for at least one thing in future. | 在未来至少有一点好处 |
[24:35] | Eventually, they will all marry and have children of their own, | 他们最终都将结婚 有自己的孩子 |
[24:39] | and we will have more screaming infants in our lives | 我们的生活中会有许多哭闹不停的婴儿 |
[24:41] | than we know what to do with. | 多到我们都不知道该怎么办 |
[24:46] | You will be a splendid aunt. | 你会是个很好的姨妈 |
[24:49] | It thrills me that you are satisfied | 我很高兴 你对我们这样的 |
[24:51] | with our married life as it is, | 婚姻生活很满意 |
[24:53] | just the two of us. | 就只有我们两个人 |
[24:55] | I have all that I want just here. | 我想要的都在这里了 |
[24:58] | How did I earn such luck? | 我怎么会如此幸运 |
[25:00] | That I do not know. | 我不知道 |
[25:30] | Turn, please. | 请转过来 |
[25:31] | Profile. | 侧面 |
[25:34] | Swish. | 扭扭腰 |
[25:35] | Swish! | 扭扭腰 |
[25:41] | Good. You have done well thus far, Miss Thompson. | 很好 到目前为止你做的不错 汤普森小姐 |
[25:46] | Tonight, I shall need to raise the matter of a swift wedding. | 我今晚得提一下立即结婚的事 |
[25:51] | I am… | 我 |
[25:53] | very sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[25:54] | But this plan of yours, I find it wanting. | 但你们这个计划 我觉得根本行不通 |
[25:57] | Deceiving Colin is one thing, | 欺骗科林是一码事 |
[25:59] | but being at close quarters with his mother, | 但跟他母亲近距离在一起 |
[26:01] | that is quite another. | 是另一码事 |
[26:03] | Lady Bridgerton is shrewd. | 布里奇顿夫人很精明 |
[26:04] | She has had eight children. | 她生过八个孩子 |
[26:06] | Trust she knows when she is being managed. | 我相信她会知道有人在糊弄她 |
[26:12] | What were your favorite pastimes in the country? | 你在乡村里时最喜欢的休闲是什么 |
[26:15] | I enjoyed riding above all else, my lady. | 我最喜欢的就是骑马了 夫人 |
[26:17] | Please, you must call me Violet now. Remember? | 你现在只需叫我瓦莱特就好了 还记得吗 |
[26:20] | Miss Thompson is such a proper young lady, is she not? | 汤普森小姐真是一个举止得体的小姐 不是吗 |
[26:23] | Have you traveled at all beyond England, Miss Thompson? | 你去过英格兰以外的地方吗 汤普森小姐 |
[26:27] | It has long been Colin’s greatest ambition to travel the world. | 科林一直以来的梦想就是环游世界 |
[26:30] | Never. | 从没有过 |
[26:31] | Though it is now a great ambition of mine as well. | 不过 现在这也是我的一个大梦想了 |
[26:34] | I am sensing a honeymoon in foreign parts. | 我觉得可以来一次异国蜜月 |
[26:38] | What think you, Lord Bridgerton? | 你觉得怎么样 布里奇顿勋爵 |
[26:40] | I would not like to speculate. | 我不想妄加揣测 |
[26:42] | Yes, indeed. I believe a honeymoon in foreign parts | 那是自然 我相信异国蜜月 |
[26:44] | would be just the thing. | 再合适不过了 |
[26:46] | Mr. Bridgerton, you might even make the most | 布里奇顿先生 如果现在就举办婚礼 |
[26:48] | of this fine weather we’ve been having | 你们或许还能赶上 |
[26:50] | if you choose to marry sooner rather than later. | 现在的好天气 好好享受一番 |
[26:54] | Colin is still very young. | 科林还很年轻 |
[26:56] | I believe a lengthier engagement would be prudent, | 我想还是从长计议比较合适 |
[26:59] | excellent weather notwithstanding. | 即使现在是好天气 |
[27:02] | Mother, have I told you Miss Thompson | 母亲 我跟你说过汤普森小姐的 |
[27:04] | is very accomplished at needlework? | 针线活非常棒吗 |
[27:06] | She is quite brilliant. Puts my sisters to shame. | 她很有天赋 让我妹妹相形见绌 |
[27:08] | I can assure you, that is not true. | 我向你保证 那不是真的 |
[27:10] | You have not seen my sister Daphne’s embroidery. | 你还没见过我妹妹达芙妮的刺绣 |
[27:13] | In all honesty, it is like a battlefield. | 说实话 那就像战场一样 |
[27:28] | ♪ Oh dear, what can the matter be? ♪ | ♪亲爱的 怎么回事呢♪ |
[27:31] | ♪ Oh dear, what can the matter be? ♪ | ♪亲爱的 怎么回事呢♪ |
[27:35] | ♪ Oh dear, what can the matter be? ♪ | ♪亲爱的 怎么回事呢♪ |
[27:38] | ♪ Johnny’s so long at the fair ♪ | ♪我的男人去集会很久了♪ |
[27:42] | ♪ He promised he’d buy me a bunch of blue ribbons ♪ | ♪他答应我会给我带一些蓝丝带回来♪ |
[27:45] | ♪ He promised to buy me a bunch of blue ribbons ♪ | ♪他答应我会给我带一些蓝丝带回来♪ |
[27:49] | ♪ Promised to buy me a bunch of blue ribbons ♪ | ♪答应我会给我带一些蓝丝带回来♪ |
[27:53] | ♪ To tie up my bonny brown hair ♪ | ♪我会用它束起我漂亮的棕发♪ |
[27:56] | ♪ And it’s oh dear… ♪ | ♪亲爱的♪ |
[27:58] | Colin? | 科林 |
[27:59] | Might I have a word? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[28:01] | Pen, of course. | 当然 小佩 |
[28:02] | ♪ What can the matter be ♪ | ♪怎么回事呢♪ |
[28:04] | ♪ Oh dear ♪ | ♪亲爱的♪ |
[28:06] | It… | 这… |
[28:08] | is a rather delicate matter. | 是个很微妙的事 |
[28:09] | I wish I did not have cause to raise it, | 我本希望我不会说的 |
[28:11] | but I believe you deserve to know. | 但是我觉得你理应知道 |
[28:14] | Is there something on my face? | 是我的脸上有什么东西吗 |
[28:15] | Has it been there all evening? It has, hasn’t it? | 整晚都在我脸上吗 是这样对吧 |
[28:18] | Sorry. Um, go on. | 不好意思 你继续说 |
[28:20] | I have wanted to talk to you since the engagement was announced, | 你宣布订婚之后我就一直想跟你说的 |
[28:22] | but we’re always in company. | 但是周围总有别人 |
[28:24] | So, this is something about Marina? | 所以 是关于玛丽娜的吗 |
[28:25] | Her heart belongs to another. | 她心属他人 |
[28:28] | – What? – His name is Sir George Crane. | -什么 -那个人叫乔治·克兰爵士 |
[28:30] | He is a first son, a soldier. | 他是家族长子 是个士兵 |
[28:32] | They grew up in neighboring properties in the country. | 他俩在乡下时就是青梅竹马 |
[28:34] | I am sorry, Colin, but I have seen their love letters. | 科林 对不起 但我看过他们的情书 |
[28:37] | I felt you should know before it was too late. | 我觉得你有必要早点知道这事 |
[28:44] | You really are very good. You know that? | 你真的是很善良的人 知道吗 |
[28:47] | Did you think that I would care | 你觉得我会在乎 |
[28:48] | that she had fond feelings for another before we met? | 她在我们认识前喜欢过别人 |
[28:51] | It would be rather rich of me, considering I have flirted | 对我来说倒是好事 毕竟 我曾经 |
[28:54] | with half the girls in London at one point. | 和半个伦敦的女孩都打情骂俏过 |
[28:56] | No, you misunderstand. This was no mere flirtation. | 不 你误解了 他们之间不只是调情 |
[28:59] | Marina loves this man. She loves him still. | 玛丽娜深爱着那个男人 如今依旧 |
[29:00] | And yet she is marrying me. | 然而 她还是要和我结婚 |
[29:02] | Trust me, Pen, do not fret. | 相信我 小佩 别担心 |
[29:05] | I know my mind and Marina’s. | 我了解玛丽娜和我自己 |
[29:06] | We understand each other. | 我们相互理解 |
[29:12] | Have we moved the party to the corridor? | 我们把派对挪到走廊来了吗 |
[29:14] | You know, it is peculiar, | 这确实很奇怪 |
[29:16] | but the further I get from that pianoforte, | 不过 我觉得离那架钢琴越远 |
[29:18] | the more like a party it feels. | 越像是在派对 |
[29:20] | Pen, your mother’s asking for you. | 小佩 你母亲在找你 |
[29:31] | Is anything wrong? | 怎么了吗 |
[29:33] | Is it my brother? He… | 是我哥哥吗 他… |
[29:35] | He was odious at dinner. I apologize. | 他晚餐的表现很讨厌 我替他道歉 |
[29:38] | I cannot stand it, Colin. | 我忍受不了了 科林 |
[29:40] | My own father does not want me. | 我父亲不想要我 |
[29:42] | Even the Featheringtons cannot wait to be rid of me. | 就连费瑟英顿一家都着急摆脱我 |
[29:44] | Fool that I am, I truly thought that with your family, | 我真傻 我还真以为在你家 |
[29:47] | I might finally find acceptance. | 我能找到归属感 |
[29:50] | But it is no use. | 但是并不行 |
[29:53] | – Even your mother is just being polite. – That is not true, Marina. | -即使你母亲也只是出于礼貌 -不是的 玛丽娜 |
[29:57] | I am your family now. | 我现在就是你的家人 |
[30:00] | We shall make our own family, you and me. | 我们会组建我们自己的家庭 你和我一起 |
[30:04] | It is all I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[30:06] | It is all I want in all the world. | 这是我全世界最想要的 |
[30:08] | I wish we could be married this very minute. | 我真希望我们就在这一秒就结婚 |
[30:12] | Then we could be alone together always. | 这样我们就可以永远单独在一起 |
[30:15] | I would never have to leave your arms. | 我就再也不必离开你的怀抱 |
[30:20] | – What if I told you there was a way? – Colin, what are– | -如果我告诉你有一种办法 -科林 你说什么 |
[30:23] | Scotland. Gretna Green. | 苏格兰 格莱特纳绿原 |
[30:26] | I know it is mad, | 我知道这很疯狂 |
[30:28] | but we could be married within a matter of days. | 但是在那 我们可以几天内就成婚 |
[30:31] | We just have to make it to the border. | 我们只需要想办法到达边境 |
[30:33] | Anthony would be an ogre about it | 当然 我们刚回来的时候 |
[30:35] | when we first return, of course, | 安东尼一定会气坏了 |
[30:36] | but by then, it would be too late. | 但到那时也已经无济于事了 |
[30:37] | We would be married. We would be together. | 那时我们已经结完婚 我们就在一起了 |
[30:43] | You hate the idea. | 你不喜欢这个计划 |
[30:46] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[30:48] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[30:51] | Allow me a day. I shall arrange everything. | 给我一天的时间 我来安排一切 |
[31:42] | – Here you are. – Oh, good morning, dearest. | -你在这里啊 -早上好 亲爱的 |
[31:47] | – The steward’s books, I take it? – Mm. I could not sleep. | -这是管家的账簿 对吗 -我睡不着 |
[31:51] | Not even after last night’s exertions? | 昨晚的运动之后还睡不着吗 |
[31:56] | Would you care to break your fast with me? | 你能和我一起吃早餐吗 |
[31:58] | I am sorry, my love. The farmer in the village was right. | 很抱歉 亲爱的 村里的农民说得对 |
[32:00] | The estates have been neglected far too long. | 庄园的事务疏于管理很长时间了 |
[32:02] | Wheat yields are down, | 小麦的产量下降了 |
[32:03] | yet nobody uses the fields for livestock grazing, | 但没人利用农田来放牧 |
[32:05] | or rotate to a more plentiful crop. | 或换个收成更好的农作物 |
[32:07] | – Is that not the steward’s job? – They’re my tenants, my people. | -这不是管家的工作吗 -他们是我的佃户和村民 |
[32:10] | The responsibility is mine. | 这是我的责任 |
[32:14] | Please, excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[32:16] | I have been staring at these figures all morning. | 我盯着这些数据看了一上午了 |
[32:18] | Of course. | 当然 |
[32:21] | I suppose I have a good deal to occupy myself with today too. | 我想我今天也有很多事要忙 |
[32:26] | You know, I mean to visit some of your tenants. | 我打算去拜访几位你的佃户 |
[32:29] | I might deliver some gift baskets and… | 或许会给他们送些礼物篮 还有… |
[32:42] | Are you missing home, Your Grace? | 你想家了吗 公爵夫人 |
[32:47] | Do you think we have enough for all the baskets? | 你说这些够装饰礼物篮了吗 |
[32:50] | I should think so. | 应该够 |
[32:52] | Your Grace! | 公爵夫人 |
[32:53] | Whatever are you… | 您到底在… |
[32:56] | I will have someone gather those on your behalf. | 我会让人帮您采摘这些 |
[32:58] | One of the kitchen maids or the gardener. | 找个厨娘或者园丁 |
[33:00] | Was no one available to assist you? | 没人能帮您吗 |
[33:02] | There is no need to trouble anyone, Mrs. Colson. | 没必要麻烦任何人 科尔森太太 |
[33:04] | We have it all in hand. | 我们自己可以处理 |
[33:05] | Do you intend to collect honey from the hives in person as well? | 您也打算亲自去蜂窝采蜜吗 |
[33:11] | That might be a little beyond me. | 那或许有些超出我的能力范围 |
[33:15] | If you simply tell me of your wants and needs, | 您可以直接告诉我你的需求 |
[33:18] | I will ensure everything is in order. | 我会确保一切安排妥当 |
[33:20] | I will ensure everything is done properly. | 我会确保一切都做好的 |
[33:24] | I shall keep that in mind. | 我会记在心里的 |
[33:27] | Thank you, Mrs. Colson. | 谢谢 科尔森太太 |
[33:36] | Faith, she despises me. | 菲丝 她看不起我 |
[33:39] | She despises everybody. | 她看不起所有人 |
[33:41] | Do not give it another thought. | 别多想 |
[33:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[33:47] | Would you like a basket? | 你想要礼物篮吗 |
[33:49] | There is– | 有… |
[33:52] | A basket from Clyvedon? | 要克莱维登的礼物篮吗 |
[33:55] | A basket from Clyvedon? There is– | 要克莱维登的礼物篮吗 有… |
[34:01] | Is something amiss? | 有什么不对吗 |
[34:03] | Mama taught me it was tradition | 妈妈教过我 新公爵夫人 |
[34:04] | for the new duchess to visit with gifts. | 带着礼物拜访村民 这是传统 |
[34:06] | Well, I believe it is proper. | 我觉得这么做没错 |
[34:09] | Should I have worn a different dress? | 我是不是该穿条别的裙子 |
[34:11] | Or perhaps it signifies I am high in the instep. | 也许这条显得我自视甚高了 |
[34:14] | Your Grace! | 公爵夫人 |
[34:19] | Would you like a basket from Clyvedon? | 你想要克莱维登的礼物篮吗 |
[34:21] | There is bread and honey for the children. | 有给孩子们的面包和蜂蜜 |
[34:23] | You are too kind. | 您太好了 |
[34:25] | I would gladly take one if I had means to carry it home. | 要是有办法带回家 我非常乐意拿一个 |
[34:28] | Then we are determined to walk with you. | 我们可以陪你走回去 |
[34:31] | No. I didn’t– | 不 我不是… |
[34:31] | – I insist. – No. Oh, I… | -我坚持这么做 -不 我… |
[34:36] | Perhaps I might ask your opinion on something? | 我能请你给些建议吗 |
[34:39] | Of course. Though, how I might advise a duchess, I am not sure. | 当然 尽管我不确定我该怎么给公爵夫人建议 |
[34:44] | I feel that I have done something to offend the village. | 我觉得我做了什么冒犯了村民 |
[34:49] | I know I am new to the role, | 我知道我刚当上公爵夫人 |
[34:50] | but I cannot imagine what I have done wrong so soon. | 但想不到我这么快就做错事了 |
[34:56] | – What? – It was the pigs. | -怎么了 -是那些猪的事 |
[34:59] | You said that all three pigs won. | 你说三只猪赢了 |
[35:02] | At the fair? | 在集市上 |
[35:04] | I thought it the best outcome for everyone. | 我当时觉得这是对所有人都好的结果 |
[35:06] | It is tradition that the winner is allowed | 传统上 赢家在接下来的一年里 |
[35:08] | to supply pork to Clyvedon for the next year. | 可以向克莱维登提供猪肉 |
[35:11] | It’s a great number of pigs, indeed. | 这涉及到非常多的猪 |
[35:14] | When you could not choose a winner, | 你没选择一名赢家的话 |
[35:16] | no farmer won the contract, | 就没有农户赢得这个合同 |
[35:18] | nor the income to go along with it. | 这样也没人能获得这笔收入 |
[35:21] | Simply speaking, you, um… | 简单来说 您… |
[35:23] | You snubbed them. | 你害了他们 |
[35:24] | I will correct my mistake at once. I… | 我会立刻纠正我的错误 我… |
[35:27] | I had no idea. | 我当时不知道 |
[35:29] | How could you have, Your Grace? | 您怎么会知道呢 公爵夫人 |
[35:44] | What is all this? | 这是怎么了 |
[35:46] | Simon? | 西蒙 |
[35:47] | Steady… | 稳点放… |
[35:48] | – Is everything well? – Ah, Daphne. Yes. | -一切都好吗 -达芙妮 没事 |
[35:50] | I’m setting up work in the east wing. | 我准备在东翼办公 |
[35:52] | Why, is there something wrong with the study? | 怎么 你的书房有问题吗 |
[35:53] | Careful! | 当心点 |
[35:54] | You shall have to excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[36:00] | Your Grace. | 公爵夫人 |
[36:02] | Mrs. Colson? | 科尔森太太 |
[36:04] | Do you have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[36:07] | I know I have made some missteps since I arrived. | 我知道从我到这里开始 就犯了一些错误 |
[36:11] | My mother taught me a great deal | 我母亲教了我许多 |
[36:12] | about being mistress of a household, | 关于如何做一家的女主人 |
[36:14] | but I am not sure either of us ever imagined | 但我们都没想过我会成为 |
[36:16] | a house as grand as this one. | 这么大庄园的女主人 |
[36:20] | I am so very grateful for your guidance, Mrs. Colson. | 我非常感激你对我的教导 科尔森太太 |
[36:25] | The truth is… | 事实上… |
[36:28] | I fear the duke might not be entirely at ease here at Clyvedon, | 我担心公爵在克莱维登不太自在 |
[36:31] | which is of course no reflection of you or any of your staff. | 当然 这不是在影射你或是任何你的手下 |
[36:35] | – No. I– I quite understand. – You do? | -不 我…我了解 -是吗 |
[36:38] | Master Simon– | 西蒙少爷… |
[36:39] | I beg your pardon. His Grace… | 抱歉 公爵大人 |
[36:42] | His childhood was not always easy. | 他童年生活并不容易 |
[36:45] | After the death of my late mistress, | 在我前任女主人逝世后 |
[36:47] | the duke lived almost exclusively in London. | 公爵几乎都住在伦敦 |
[36:49] | Do you mean to say that Simon grew up here on his own? | 你是说西蒙是独自在这里长大的吗 |
[36:52] | We did our best to take care of him, | 我们竭尽所能地照顾他 |
[36:53] | to mind him as his mother would have wanted. | 以他母亲所期望的方式关心他 |
[36:55] | Of course you did. | 当然了 |
[36:59] | The late duke must have loved his wife very much | 已故的公爵一定非常爱他妻子 |
[37:02] | to have struggled so after her death. | 才会在她去世后深受折磨 |
[37:06] | Was it not a happy marriage, then? | 这么说 那不是一段幸福的婚姻吗 |
[37:08] | It was strained. | 是很糟糕的婚姻 |
[37:11] | He wanted an heir. | 他要的是个继承人 |
[37:12] | She wanted a child. | 而她要的是个孩子 |
[37:15] | She kept trying long after the doctors warned her not to. | 尽管医生警告过她 但她还是不断尝试受孕 |
[37:18] | Every month when her courses came, it broke my heart to see her. | 每月当她来月经时 她都疼的让我心疼 |
[37:23] | She was lucky to have you. | 她很幸运 有你在她身边 |
[37:25] | Everyone talked as though it was her fault. | 每个人谈起此事都像觉得是她的错 |
[37:27] | But how could they know that? | 但他们怎么知道呢 |
[37:29] | It is not always the woman who is barren. | 不一定是女人不孕不育 |
[37:30] | Sometimes it is the man’s fault, of course. | 有时也是男人的问题 |
[37:34] | Dear. I am afraid I am speaking out of turn. | 天呐 我恐怕说了大不敬的话 |
[37:37] | No. Not at all, Mrs. Colson. | 不 一点也不 科尔森太太 |
[37:42] | You were saying? | 你刚刚说到哪了 |
[37:44] | Well, I said to the duchess what my mother said to me. | 我对公爵夫人说了我母亲告诉我的话 |
[37:48] | A womb cannot quicken without strong, healthy seed. | 没有健壮的精子 子宫无法受孕 |
[37:51] | And then, just as she was finally blessed with Master Simon… | 然后 就在她终于生下西蒙少爷时 |
[37:56] | we lost her. | 她去世了 |
[38:05] | Why are you not dressed? | 你怎么还没换衣服 |
[38:06] | I told you we were dining with Lady Gartside this evening. | 我说过今晚要和加特塞德夫人一起吃晚餐 |
[38:11] | Sorry, Mama. I’m not feeling well. | 抱歉 妈妈 我身体不舒服 |
[38:14] | Honestly, I ought to make you come along | 说真的 我该让你一起去 |
[38:16] | to cough and splutter all evening. | 咳上一整晚 |
[38:18] | It would serve Lady Gartside right. | 让加特塞德夫人受点罪 |
[38:20] | She has been withholding | 她一直不肯 |
[38:21] | a dinner invitation from me, and now look… | 邀请我去用晚餐 现在你瞧… |
[38:24] | Not a day after Miss Thompson’s announcement, | 汤普森小姐宣布订婚不到一天 |
[38:26] | and they all come crawling. | 他们都爬着来求我们了 |
[38:30] | Enjoy your evening, Mama! | 晚上用餐愉快 妈妈 |
[40:07] | Penelope, what are you…? | 佩妮洛普 你在干什么… |
[40:11] | – How dare you! – Look. | -你胆子真大 -快看 |
[40:13] | Look at the signature on Sir George’s last letter, | 看看乔治爵士上封信的签名 |
[40:14] | and this one from many months ago. | 还有这封数月前的来信 |
[40:20] | – So? – So, they are not the same. | -所以呢 -签名不一样 |
[40:22] | The slant of the lettering, it is all wrong. | 字体倾斜的角度 都是错的 |
[40:24] | – Penelope, I’m tired. I haven’t– – This one. | -佩妮洛普 我很累了 我还没… -这个 |
[40:28] | It was in a drawer on the back of Mama’s desk. | 它放在妈妈书桌抽屉后 |
[40:31] | She or even Mrs. Varley practiced George’s signature, | 她或是瓦利太太在练习仿冒乔治的签名 |
[40:34] | but even they could not get it perfect. | 但她们都不能模仿得很好 |
[40:37] | That last letter, the one where he broke your heart… | 上一封让你伤心的信… |
[40:41] | it was a forgery, Marina. | 是伪造的 玛丽娜 |
[40:44] | George never wrote those things to you. | 乔治从没给你写过那些东西 |
[40:46] | He never denied loving you. He never denied your child. | 他从没否认过爱你 他从没否认过你们的孩子 |
[40:49] | – Perhaps. – Marina– | -或许吧 -玛丽娜… |
[40:51] | – Even if you are correct– – I am correct. You cannot deny– | -即使你说得对 -我是对的 你不能否认… |
[40:53] | Even if it is true, George has still not replied to my letters. | 即便是真的 乔治还是没给我回过信 |
[40:57] | He has abandoned me, | 他抛弃了我 |
[40:59] | while Colin has embraced me. | 而科林完全接纳了我 |
[41:01] | I thought you loved him. | 我以为你爱他 |
[41:04] | George. | 乔治 |
[41:05] | I was a fool. | 我过去太傻了 |
[41:07] | This changes nothing. | 这改变不了任何事 |
[41:19] | Why is your bag packed? | 你为什么收拾好了行李 |
[41:22] | Tell me you are not going to Gretna Green! | 告诉我你不是要去格莱特纳绿原吧 |
[41:25] | Marina! What will you do | 玛丽娜 当科林发现 |
[41:28] | when Colin realizes the child is not his? | 孩子不是他的时你准备怎么办 |
[41:31] | That day will come. He is not simple. | 他总会发现的 他不傻 |
[41:32] | What I will do is live safe in the knowledge | 我要做的是安稳生活下去 并且知道 |
[41:35] | that my husband is a good and kind man. | 我的丈夫是个善良的好男人 |
[41:37] | He would never turn me out on the street. | 他绝不会把我赶到大街上 |
[41:41] | He will care for us both, come what may. | 不管怎样 他都会照顾我们母子 |
[41:43] | But what of him? What of Colin? | 但他怎么办 科林怎么办 |
[41:49] | – You love him. – What? | -你爱他 -什么 |
[41:51] | No, it makes sense now. Your objections, your meddling. | 不 这样就说得通了 你的反对和干涉 |
[41:54] | You love Colin Bridgerton. | 你爱科林·布里奇顿 |
[41:56] | You know not of what you speak. | 你不知道你在说什么 |
[41:58] | I believe I know so much more than you, Pen… | 我想我知道的比你多得多 小佩 |
[42:02] | of Colin, of the world. | 对科林 还有这个世界 |
[42:04] | If I am to be the executioner of this childish infatuation, | 如果非要我来做这段幼稚迷恋的刽子手 |
[42:07] | then so be it. | 就这样吧 |
[42:10] | Your love is an unrequited fantasy. | 你的爱恋只是无望的单相思 |
[42:13] | Colin sees you as you are | 科林把你视为妹妹 |
[42:14] | and regards you no differently than he does Eloise, | 待你同他对埃洛伊丝 |
[42:17] | or even little Hyacinth. | 甚至与海信丝无异 |
[42:20] | He sees me as a wife, a woman. | 他视我为妻子 一个女人 |
[42:22] | And as a woman, I must make these difficult choices | 作为女人 我必须做这些艰难的抉择 |
[42:25] | for myself and for my child… | 为我自己 也为我的孩子… |
[42:31] | even if they hurt your feelings. | 尽管这会伤害到你的感情 |
[42:52] | Working late, Your Grace? | 这么晚还在工作吗 公爵大人 |
[42:55] | Curse it. What time is it? | 该死 几点了 |
[43:01] | These books seem to have taken possession of you. | 这些账簿似乎占据了你所有时间 |
[43:03] | Those people rely on me to make a living, | 这些人倚赖我来谋生 |
[43:07] | to feed their families. | 养家糊口 |
[43:08] | I should not have stayed away so long. | 我不该离开这么长时间 |
[43:11] | Why did you? | 你为什么离开这么久呢 |
[43:13] | No particular reason. | 没什么特别的原因 |
[43:14] | Business in London. | 伦敦的事物 |
[43:16] | But then I met this impertinent young lady | 但后来我遇见了这位大胆的年轻女子 |
[43:19] | with a right hook like an East End prizefighter. | 像东区冠军拳击手一样会右钩拳 |
[43:22] | I am serious. | 我是认真的 |
[43:23] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[43:30] | – Simon. – Daphne. | -西蒙 -达芙妮 |
[44:27] | – We ought to clean up for dinner. – Yes. | -我们得为晚餐梳洗了 -好 |
[44:34] | I’ll meet you in the dining room. | 等会在餐厅见 |
[44:43] | Your Grace! These are the servants’ quarters! | 公爵夫人 这里是仆人的地方 |
[44:45] | Where is Miss Nolan? | 诺兰小姐在哪里 |
[44:50] | Your Grace, what is wrong? You should have rung for me. | 公爵夫人 怎么了 您应该摇铃找我的 |
[44:52] | I need you to tell me something, Rose. | 我需要你告诉我一些事 萝丝 |
[44:58] | How does a woman come to be with child? | 女人是怎么怀上孩子的 |
[45:01] | – Y-your mother– – My mother told me nothing. | -您母亲 -我母亲什么也没跟我说 |
[45:06] | Please. No embarrassment. | 拜托了 不用尴尬 |
[45:10] | Explain it to me, precisely. | 跟我详细地解释一下 |
[45:15] | It was such a simple solution. | 这个真是个简单的办法 |
[45:17] | We can increase the harvest | 如果农民种芜菁 |
[45:18] | if the farmers plant turnip. | 我们就能增加收成 |
[45:21] | On my travels, I encountered farmers who tripled their income | 我旅行途中遇见过农民收入翻了三倍 |
[45:24] | by no longer rotating crops, and instead, planting turnip, | 就因为他们他们不再轮耕 而是改种芜菁 |
[45:28] | and then turning out sheep to graze and remove the weeds. | 然后在周围放羊 吃掉野草 |
[46:24] | Thank you indeed, Your Grace! | 万分感谢 公爵夫人 |
[46:26] | And please send my great thanks to the duke! | 也请向公爵献上我诚挚的谢意 |
[46:30] | He has purchased us several cattle for the farm | 他为我们的农场买了些牛 |
[46:34] | so that we may rear livestock until the soil is fertile again. | 这样就能在土地变肥沃前饲养牲畜 |
[46:38] | Our fortunes have been restored. | 我们的财产回来了 |
[46:44] | Your Grace? | 公爵夫人 |
[46:47] | You may return to the house. | 你可以回宅邸了 |
[46:51] | I wish to walk a while. | 我想走一会 |
[47:34] | Are you ready for bed, my dear? | 你准备上床休息了吗 亲爱的 |
[47:38] | I believe I am. | 我想是的 |
[49:08] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[49:10] | Daphne… | 达芙妮 |
[49:12] | Daphne… | 达芙妮 |
[49:32] | Daphne… | 达芙妮 |
[49:40] | Daphne. | 达芙妮 |
[49:44] | Daphne. | 达芙妮 |
[49:45] | Daphne! | 达芙妮 |
[49:49] | Wh-wh-what… did you do? | 你 你 你做了什么 |
[49:53] | I had hoped it was not true. | 我希望那不是真的 |
[49:55] | I had hoped I was mistaken, but clearly, I was not. | 我希望我搞错了 但显然不是 |
[49:58] | – How could you… – How could I? | -你怎么能… -我怎么能 |
[50:01] | How could I? | 我怎么能 |
[50:02] | – You lied to me. – I did not lie. | -你骗了我 -我没有骗你 |
[50:04] | I trusted you. | 我那么相信你 |
[50:06] | I trusted you more than anyone in this world, | 我相信你胜过世界上任何人 |
[50:09] | and you took advantage. | 而你却利用了我 |
[50:11] | You seized an opportunity. And so I did the very same. | 你抓住了一个机会 所以我也是一样 |
[50:14] | I told you I cannot give you children. | 我说了我不能给你孩子 |
[50:16] | “Cannot” and “will not” are two entirely different things. | “不能”和”不想”完全是两码事 |
[50:20] | You chose this for yourself. | 你这么做是为了自己 |
[50:23] | You chose to lie to me. | 你选择了欺骗我 |
[50:24] | I did not lie. I thought you were prepared. | 我没有撒谎 我以为你都知道了 |
[50:26] | I thought you understood how a child came to be. | 我以为你知道孩子是怎么来的 |
[50:28] | You took my future from me, | 你剥夺了我的未来 |
[50:30] | the one thing I wanted more than anything. | 我渴望孩子胜过一切 |
[50:32] | You knew. You knew that becoming a mother one day, | 你知道的 你知道成为母亲 |
[50:34] | to have a family of my own one day, | 能够拥有自己的家庭 |
[50:36] | you knew that was all I ever wanted. | 你知道那是我一直想要的 |
[50:38] | I was prepared to die on that dueling field | 我那天准备死在决斗场上 |
[50:41] | rather than marry you and take your dream away. | 也不想和你结婚 然后剥夺你的梦想 |
[50:43] | I would have died for you. | 我情愿为了你去死 |
[50:45] | You were the one who insisted on this union. | 是你坚持要与我结婚 |
[50:47] | You told me I was enough. | 是你告诉我我够好了 |
[50:49] | That was before I knew you. | 那是因为当时我还没认清你 |
[50:52] | Do you know, I even felt pity for you? | 你知道吗 我之前甚至同情过你 |
[50:55] | “Poor Simon,” I thought. | “可怜的西蒙” 我想 |
[50:56] | “How it must pain him | “他该有多痛苦啊 |
[50:58] | to never know what it is to be a father.” | 永远也无法体验做父亲的感觉” |
[51:00] | – I never asked for your pity. – And I never asked for your betrayal! | -我从没让你可怜 -我也从没要你背叛 |
[51:03] | – Daphne, I– – You what? | -达芙妮 我… -你什么 |
[51:07] | You what? | 你怎么了 |
[51:09] | You love me? No, you most certainly do not. | 你爱我吗 不 你肯定不爱我 |
[51:12] | You do not know the meaning of the word. | 你根本不知道那个字的含义 |
[51:15] | You do not lie to the one you love. | 你不会欺骗你爱的人 |
[51:17] | You do not trick the one you love. | 你不会戏弄你爱的人 |
[51:19] | You do not humiliate the one you love. | 你不会羞辱你爱的人 |
[51:22] | I may not know much, as you have made abundantly clear, | 我可能孤陋寡闻 正如你几次三番说的那样 |
[51:26] | but I do know one thing… | 但我知道一件事 |
[51:27] | I know that is not love. | 我知道那不是爱 |
[51:40] | All is fair in love and war, | 情场战场 不择手段 |
[51:44] | but some battles leave no victor, | 但有些斗争没有胜者 |
[51:47] | only a trail of broken hearts | 只留下一串破碎的心 |
[51:50] | that makes us wonder if the price we pay | 让我们思索所付出的代价 |
[51:52] | is ever worth the fight. | 是否值得当初的斗争 |
[52:01] | The ones we love have the power to inflict the greatest scars. | 所爱之人能让我们痛不欲生 |
[52:07] | For what thing is more fragile… | 因为还有什么 |
[52:11] | than the human heart? | 比人心更脆弱呢 |
[52:34] | The bond between man and bride | 新婚夫妇间的纽带 |
[52:37] | is private, sacred. | 私密而又神圣 |
[52:40] | But I must tell you, | 但我必须告诉你们 |
[52:42] | I have learned that a grave fraud is afoot. | 我了解到一场惊天欺诈正暗潮汹涌 |
[52:46] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[52:58] | As if the Featheringtons did not have enough to be dealing with, | 仿佛费瑟英顿一家的麻烦还不够多似的 |
[53:01] | Miss Marina Thompson is with child… | 玛丽娜·汤普森小姐已有身孕 |
[53:10] | and she has been from the very first day | 从她到达这座城市的那天起 |
[53:15] | she arrived in our fair city. | 一直如此 |
[53:27] | Desperate times may call for desperate measures, | 紧急情况或许会让人孤注一掷 |
[53:31] | but I would wager many will think her actions beyond the pale. | 但我打赌很多人会认为她的行为无法接受 |
[53:37] | Perhaps she thought it her only option, | 或许她认为这是唯一的出路 |
[53:40] | or perhaps she knows no shame. | 又或许她根本不知廉耻 |
[53:44] | But I ask you, | 但我要问各位 |
[53:45] | can the ends ever justify such wretched means? | 只要目的正当 就能不择手段吗 |