时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | Is that her? | 是她吗 |
[00:33] | The incomparable who captured the prince’s eye. | 那个俘获了王子的奇女子 |
[00:36] | A mere wisp of a young lady, and a commoner at that. | 只是一个瘦弱的年轻小姐 最多是个平民 |
[00:43] | Everyone seems to have quite an opinion. | 大家似乎都对你各持己见 |
[00:47] | How long do you think it will be before Her Majesty arrives? | 你觉得女王陛下还有多久才能到 |
[00:49] | I may very well faint from hunger. | 我都要饿晕了 |
[00:54] | Mama! We are at court! | 妈妈 这里是宫廷 |
[00:57] | No one is looking at me, dearest. | 没人在看我 亲爱的 |
[00:59] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[01:00] | That’s quite delicious. | 还挺好吃的 |
[01:04] | You, my darling, you seem a little strained. | 亲爱的 你看上去有点紧张 |
[01:05] | You have been that way for the past few days. | 这几天你一直这样 |
[01:07] | – I have much on my mind. – You do, indeed. | -我有太多心事 -是的 确实 |
[01:11] | Her Majesty Queen Charlotte | 夏洛特女王陛下 |
[01:13] | and her esteemed nephew, Prince Friedrich of Prussia. | 和她尊敬的侄子 普鲁士的弗雷德里克王子驾到 |
[01:26] | Miss Bridgerton, I find myself in a raptures | 布里奇顿小姐 我非常高兴 |
[01:28] | over your acceptance of my invitation to the palace. | 你同意我的邀请来宫殿做客 |
[01:31] | You flatter me, Your Highness. | 不敢当 殿下 |
[01:33] | I cannot help it. You are perfection itself. | 是我情不自禁 你简直就是完美本尊 |
[01:36] | Offer her your gift. | 把你的礼物送给她 |
[01:38] | I have brought you a gift. | 我为你准备了件礼物 |
[02:11] | Miss Bridgerton, are you unwell? | 布里奇顿小姐 你不舒服吗 |
[02:13] | I am perfectly well. Of course. | 我很好 没事 |
[02:17] | This necklace is | 这个项链 |
[02:19] | quite well too. | 也很好 |
[02:20] | She will make a lovely princess, will she not? | 她会成为一个美丽的王妃 不是吗 |
[02:23] | Of course, Your Majesty. | 当然了 陛下 |
[02:35] | In a town filled with ambitious mamas | 在这个充满了野心勃勃的妈妈们 |
[02:38] | and fortune-hunting gentlemen, | 和拜金绅士们的镇上 |
[02:40] | marrying above one’s station is an art form, indeed. | 与高于自己地位的人成婚着实是种艺术 |
[02:44] | But Miss Daphne Bridgerton’s advance | 但是达芙妮·布里奇顿小姐 |
[02:47] | from future duchess to possible princess | 从未来公爵夫人到未来王妃的飞跃 |
[02:50] | is an achievement that even this jaded author must applaud. | 就算是我这个饱经风霜的老妇都要为之鼓掌 |
[02:55] | Is it true? Am I to be the sister of a princess? | 是真的吗 我就要变成王妃的妹妹了吗 |
[02:58] | Calm yourself. | 你冷静点 |
[02:59] | I am not yet engaged to the prince. | 我还没有和王子订婚 |
[03:01] | Will you have to wear a crown? | 你以后一定要戴着皇冠吗 |
[03:03] | Perhaps for special occasions, | 或许在特殊场合需要戴 |
[03:05] | but only if I should marry the prince. | 前提是我要嫁给王子 |
[03:06] | – Will you have to learn Prussian? – It is German. | -你得学习普鲁士语吗 -是德语 |
[03:08] | And perhaps, but only if I should marry the prince. | 或许吧 但前提是我嫁给王子 |
[03:11] | Will you have to move to a castle far, far away? | 你必须要搬到很远很远的城堡里去吗 |
[03:14] | Should you not be off somewhere with your governess? | 你不应该和你的家庭教师去什么地方吗 |
[03:16] | I should. My governess has the very same questions as me! | 是的 我的老师和我有相同的问题想问你 |
[03:22] | Though this author cannot dismiss | 虽然笔者还不能这么早就 |
[03:24] | the Duke of Hastings quite so soon. | 就排除黑斯廷斯公爵 |
[03:28] | He may have let the diamond slip through his fingers for now, | 虽然他暂时错失了求婚的机会 |
[03:31] | but I shall wager he is not a man to ever hide from a fight. | 但我打赌 他不是那种畏战的人 |
[03:46] | Does that sack of grain have a German accent, | 是那袋谷物有德国口音吗 |
[03:48] | or is it my imagination? | 还是只是我的想象 |
[03:50] | Remind me, Will | 提醒我一下 威尔 |
[03:52] | are you participating in a boxing exhibition today, | 你今晚是来参加拳击展的 |
[03:54] | or is it a comedy exhibition? | 还是喜剧展 |
[03:56] | – I was afraid you had forgotten. – I had not. | -我怕你忘了 -我没有 |
[03:58] | Although I am afraid you will have to soldier on | 不过恐怕今天下午你不得不要在你头号仰慕者 |
[04:01] | without your greatest admirer present this afternoon. | 不在场的情况下继续迎难而上 |
[04:04] | Alice will be present. | 爱丽丝会到场的 |
[04:05] | I am leaving England. | 我准备离开英格兰 |
[04:08] | My business is concluded. | 我的事情已经完成了 |
[04:10] | Will’s is not. | 威尔的还没有 |
[04:12] | This will be the biggest match of my career. | 这将是我职业生涯中最大的比赛 |
[04:13] | – I am not favored to win it. – Will– | -我赢的把握不大 -威尔 |
[04:15] | Your smart friends know you frequent my saloon. | 你那些精明的朋友知道你常来我的场 |
[04:17] | Who will wager on me if you are not present? | 如果你不在 谁会押注在我身上呢 |
[04:20] | I don’t have any friends. | 我没有什么朋友 |
[04:21] | How about after the Irishman today, Will, | 威尔 不如今天和爱尔兰人比完之后 |
[04:23] | you pummel the piss out of His Grace’s self-pity? | 你把公爵大人从自怨自怜中揍醒 |
[04:26] | I have never asked a favor, | 我从没有要求你帮忙过 |
[04:27] | but I implore you not to miss this match. | 但是我恳求你今晚来看比赛 |
[04:29] | The only thing his Grace would like to miss | 公爵大人唯一想错过的 |
[04:31] | tis he chance of seeing the Bridgerton girl on the arm of a prince. | 就是看到布里奇顿小姐靠在王子的怀里 |
[04:34] | Perhaps you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[04:34] | Both of you understand I am just here, do you? | 你俩知道我就在这 对吗 |
[04:37] | I am not nearly as devoted as the two of you, | 我完全没有像你俩想象的 |
[04:40] | along with Lady Whistledown, would like to believe. | 或是微声到夫人认为的那样深爱着布里奇顿小姐 |
[04:41] | The only thing we are devoted to | 我们致力的唯一一件事 |
[04:43] | is putting food in our children’s mouths. | 就是养育我们的孩子 |
[04:45] | Perhaps you’d like to dig a little deeper today, Your Grace, | 或许你今天应该再深入一点 公爵大人 |
[04:47] | and help us fatten the match organizer’s purses as well as ours? | 帮我们喂饱比赛组织者还有我们的钱包 |
[04:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:54] | You don’t love me for my subtlety. | 你又不因为我的敏感而爱上我 |
[05:13] | Her needlework is divine. | 她的针线活极好 |
[05:15] | And, of course, she sings and plays the pianoforte very prettily. | 当然 她很会唱歌也很会弹钢琴 |
[05:19] | Show me a smile, girl. | 给我笑一个 女孩 |
[05:21] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[05:22] | Your teeth, I want to see them. | 我想看一下你的牙齿 |
[05:25] | Is she simpleminded? | 她脑子不好使吗 |
[05:26] | Goodness, no! Oh, you are droll! | 老天 当然不 你说笑了 |
[05:28] | Miss Thompson, um, show Lord Rutledge your lovely smile. | 汤普森小姐 给拉特利奇勋爵看看你甜美的微笑 |
[05:32] | Miss Thompson? | 汤普森小姐 |
[05:36] | Tell a lot from a person’s mouth. | 一个人的牙齿可以说明很多事 |
[05:40] | Soldiers’ teeth. | 我这是士兵的牙齿 |
[05:41] | Taken from the battlefield. | 在战场上丢掉的 |
[05:43] | Cost a pretty penny, let me tell you. | 我跟你说 这牙花了我很多钱 |
[05:46] | I shall try her out in company, | 我得在聚会上试试她 |
[05:51] | see how she acquits herself. | 看她如何社交 |
[05:53] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:54] | We will be attending the trowbridge ball this evening, naturally. | 我们会参加今晚的特罗布里奇舞会 |
[05:58] | Oh, very well. | 很好 |
[06:00] | Good day, Featherington. | 再见 费瑟英顿 |
[06:02] | Rutledge. | 再见 拉特利奇 |
[06:03] | You cannot be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[06:04] | How dare you conduct yourself in such brazen manner? | 你怎么敢有如此大胆的举止 |
[06:07] | Do you see now what I must endure daily, my lord? | 你看到我每天要忍受的是什么了吧 老爷 |
[06:11] | I have had suitors calling on me every morning this week. | 这周我每天早上都有追求者拜访 |
[06:13] | If you think I’m going to marry that vile old– | 如果你认为我会嫁个那个讨厌的老家伙 |
[06:15] | Those suitors are courting you, my dear. | 那些追求者都是在奉承你 亲爱的 |
[06:17] | That could take weeks, months. | 这会要花上好几周或是好几个月 |
[06:20] | Even if a miracle occurred, and one of them married you tomorrow, | 就算是奇迹出现 他们其中一人明天就娶你 |
[06:22] | how do you imagine they would react six months hence | 你猜猜仅六个月后 |
[06:24] | when that whelp of yours pops out looking the picture of health? | 你肚子里的小孩就呱呱坠地 他们会做何反应 |
[06:28] | Lord Rutledge is in want of an heir. | 拉特利奇勋爵急需继承人 |
[06:30] | He will not ask questions. | 他不会问问题 |
[06:37] | – She pushed me! – No, she pushed me. | -她推我 -不 她推的是我 |
[06:38] | Hush, both of you! My nerves! | 你们俩都安静 我的神经啊 |
[06:47] | Marina? | 玛丽娜 |
[06:50] | Would you like me to stay in? | 要我留下陪你吗 |
[06:56] | Kindly remind me, my lord, | 请好心提醒我一下 老爷 |
[06:57] | why we cannot simply send | 我们为什么不能 |
[06:58] | Miss Thompson back to her father in the country? | 送汤姆森小姐回乡下她父亲那 |
[07:01] | The matter is not for discussion. | 这事没得商量 |
[07:03] | A gentleman caller. Mr. Albion Finch. | 有位追求者来访 阿尔比恩·芬奇先生 |
[07:11] | Good day. | 日安 |
[07:14] | Daisies always trouble my nose. | 雏菊总是让我鼻子很痒 |
[07:17] | Miss Thompson is not receiving visitors, Mr. Finch. | 汤姆森小姐目前不接受来访 芬奇先生 |
[07:20] | That is quite all right. | 没关系 |
[07:21] | I am here to call on Miss Featherington. | 我是来拜访费瑟英顿小姐的 |
[07:26] | Miss Philippa Featherington? | 费丽帕·费瑟英顿小姐 |
[07:41] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[07:47] | I have never understood the fashion for feathers in the hair. | 我从来就搞不懂头发上戴羽毛哪里时髦了 |
[07:50] | Why would a woman want to | 女人为什么会想要 |
[07:51] | draw notice to the fact that she is like a bird | 让人注意到她就像只笨鸟 |
[07:53] | squawking for a man’s attention in some bizarre ritual? | 在某种奇怪的仪式上吱哇乱叫着吸引男性的注意 |
[07:56] | Then why are we looking? | 那我们还在这选什么 |
[07:58] | Because I would rather do anything | 因为我宁愿做任何事 |
[07:59] | than stay a moment longer in that house | 也不想在那房子里再多待一秒钟 |
[08:01] | while everyone flutters around Daphne, cooing over her prospects. | 人人都围着达芙妮转 念叨着她的前途 |
[08:04] | Is the prince still courting? | 王子还在追求她吗 |
[08:05] | I imagine you cannot wait for the engagement. | 你肯定等不及他们订婚了吧 |
[08:07] | Pen, once they are engaged, I shall be next in line. | 小佩 他俩一旦订婚 我就是下一个了 |
[08:10] | If anything, I hope Daphne stays on the shelf forever. | 要说我期待什么的话 我希望达芙妮永远别下架 |
[08:12] | She must marry eventually. | 她最终总会结婚的 |
[08:13] | Why must our only options be | 为什么我们唯一的选择 |
[08:15] | to squawk and settle or to never leave the nest? | 只能是求偶 安定下来 或是永远待在巢里 |
[08:18] | What if I want to fly? | 要是我想自由飞翔呢 |
[08:21] | You know who is flying? | 你知道有谁在自由飞翔吗 |
[08:22] | Lady Whistledown. She is up in the sky. | 微声到夫人 她翱翔在天际 |
[08:25] | A brilliant woman of business who fools the entire ton, | 一位绝顶有才的女人 愚弄着整个城镇 |
[08:28] | whilst pocketing their money. | 同时还赚得盆满钵满 |
[08:30] | Imagine the life she must lead. | 想想她将拥有的人生吧 |
[08:31] | Independence. | 独立 |
[08:33] | She is not simpering on the edge of a ballroom every night, | 她不会每晚在舞厅的角落里傻笑 |
[08:36] | praying a man might take a fancy | 祈祷有男人能喜欢她 |
[08:37] | and leg-shackle her into marriage. | 给她戴上婚姻的镣铐 |
[08:39] | That is quite the life you have imagined for her. | 你把她的生活想得也太好了 |
[08:41] | We must meet her so that she might share her secrets | 我们得见见她 让她分享自己的秘诀 |
[08:44] | on how to avoid such a wretched, uninteresting fate. | 如何能避免这种悲惨无趣的命运 |
[08:47] | Lady Whistledown’s identity is quite protected. | 微声到夫人的身份颇为保密 |
[08:49] | Are we not the two most clever girls in the ton? | 我们不是镇上最聪明的两个女孩吗 |
[08:51] | If anyone can find her, it is us, I think. | 要是有人能找到她 那肯定是我们 |
[08:53] | If I could get out of any | 如果我能摆脱 |
[08:54] | of the week’s events to help you, I would. | 这周的那些活动来帮你 我肯定来 |
[08:57] | Pretend an illness. | 你就装病呗 |
[08:59] | Tell your mother you caught whatever Marina had. | 告诉你母亲 你得了跟玛丽娜一样的病 |
[09:01] | – How is she, by the way? – Uh, recovering. | -对了 她怎么样了 -在恢复了 |
[09:05] | But it would be cruel of me | 但等她出来的时候 |
[09:06] | not to be by her side when she comes back out. | 我要是不在身边陪着她 就太无情了 |
[09:09] | I shall cheer you on in your endeavors, though. | 不过我会为你加油的 |
[09:11] | This one. I shall need a new quill to make my list of suspects. | 要这个 我需要只新笔来列嫌疑人清单 |
[09:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:17] | Come on, then! Is it Mondrich or Gillespie? | 下注吧 蒙德里奇还是吉莱斯皮 |
[09:17] | 今日比赛的选手 威尔·蒙德里奇和比利·吉莱斯皮 | |
[09:21] | Thank you, sir! | 谢谢 先生 |
[09:24] | If Mama knew I were here, of all places. | 要是妈妈知道我来了这里 |
[09:27] | Trust she would have more to say to me than you. | 那她肯定得忙着教训我而不是你 |
[09:33] | There’s your prince now. With your fancy well in hand, | 你的王子来了 既然你的如意郎君已尽在掌握了 |
[09:36] | I shall make myself scarce for the final blow. | 最后一击我就不掺合了 |
[09:41] | Miss Bridgerton, I am delighted | 布里奇顿小姐 我很高兴 |
[09:43] | to see you here today, though surprised. | 今天能在这里见到你 但也有些意外 |
[09:45] | Though I asked your brother to bring you | 虽然我请你兄长将你带来 |
[09:47] | so we could spend some time together, | 好让我们有更多时间相处 |
[09:48] | I admit I did not hold much hope. | 但我得承认我并没抱太大希望 |
[09:50] | Most ladies I have met cannot | 我见过的大部分小姐 |
[09:51] | seem to reconcile their delicate sensibilities | 都无法将她们脆弱的感情 |
[09:53] | with the brutality of fights. | 与残忍的打斗协调好 |
[09:55] | You must have no sisters, Your Highness, | 那你肯定没有姐妹 殿下 |
[09:57] | if you think most women delicate and mild. | 如果你觉得多数女人都是脆弱温和的 |
[10:00] | A trip to the modiste during a silk shortage | 等丝绸紧俏的时候去女装店走一遭 |
[10:03] | would disabuse you of such notions for good. | 你就再也不会这么想了 |
[10:06] | I suppose I have much to learn, then. | 那看来我还有很多要学习 |
[10:08] | I would appreciate your expert tutelage if you would join me. | 如果你能跟我一起 我会很感激你的专业指导 |
[10:16] | Miss Bridgerton? | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[10:18] | Of course. I would be delighted. | 当然 我很乐意 |
[10:23] | Tell us, Mr. Mondrich, | 跟我们说说 蒙德里奇先生 |
[10:24] | is it true you’ve been training with the duke? | 你真的在跟公爵一起训练吗 |
[10:26] | Let us not exaggerate my role. I am a mere pupil. | 别把我的角色说得太夸张 我只是个学徒 |
[10:29] | – Target practice, at best. – His Grace is modest. | -最多是打靶练习 -公爵大人很谦逊 |
[10:31] | He’s one of the least pitiful students I have ever trained. | 他是我训练过的最不需要人同情的学生 |
[10:36] | You’d do well following his lead and wagering on me today. | 你们今天跟着他押我肯定没错 |
[10:38] | Is that not right, Hastings? | 不是吗 黑斯廷斯 |
[10:42] | – Hastings? – Of course. | -黑斯廷斯 -当然 |
[10:44] | Our underdog, Mr. Mondrich, shall emerge victorious. | 我们的黑马 蒙德里奇先生将会取胜 |
[10:47] | I, for one, have 40 shillings on Mr. Gillespie. | 我出40先令押吉莱斯皮先生赢 |
[10:49] | After all, he is the prince’s man. | 毕竟他是王子的人 |
[10:53] | Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats! | 女士们先生们 请就坐 |
[10:55] | The match is to begin! | 比赛即将开始 |
[11:06] | Fear not. My man is made of sterner stuff. | 别怕 我的人毅力十足 |
[11:10] | – Yes, again! – Come on, Mondrich! Watch your feet! | -很好 再来 -蒙德里奇 注意脚下 |
[11:37] | You must tell me, Your Highness, do you miss your homeland? | 请告诉我 殿下 你想念故土吗 |
[11:40] | I have never been to Prussia, but I have read of its beauty. | 我从没去过普鲁士 但我在书上读到过它的美丽 |
[11:43] | It has attractions, to be sure. | 那里当然有它的魅力 |
[11:45] | That said, I attended school here in England, | 但我是在英格兰上的学 |
[11:47] | and I have often thought there is no better place to live, | 我常常觉得这里更适合生活 |
[11:50] | or to raise a family. | 或者组建家庭 |
[11:54] | Uh, forgive me if I am too forthright, | 如果我太直接了还请原谅 |
[11:55] | but you have a great affinity for your family, do you not? | 但你非常喜欢你的家庭 对吗 |
[11:59] | I do. They are the dearest thing in the world to me. | 是的 他们是我在世上最亲近的人 |
[12:02] | Are you close to yours? | 你跟你的家人亲近吗 |
[12:04] | I grew up with many cousins running underfoot | 我是跟许多表亲一起光着脚跑到大的 |
[12:06] | and I believe I should like the same for my children one day | 我相信我以后也想让自己的孩子如此 |
[12:09] | if my wife were amenable, of course. | 当然 如果我妻子愿意的话 |
[12:28] | Come on, Billy! | 加油 比利 |
[12:30] | Go on, Mondrich! | 加油 蒙德里奇 |
[12:31] | Focus, Mondrich! Get your wits about you! | 集中注意力 蒙德里奇 随机应变 |
[12:35] | Go on, Gillespie! Plant a facer! | 加油啊 吉莱斯皮 给他脸一拳 |
[12:41] | Good man! Another! | 漂亮 再来 |
[13:00] | Go on, Mondrich! | 加油 蒙德里奇 |
[13:16] | – You guaranteed my money. – Gentlemen! | -你保证能赚钱 -诸位听我说 |
[13:18] | I assure you, on my good name, | 以我的声誉向诸位保证 |
[13:19] | each of you will receive your payments. | 你们都会收到钱的 |
[13:22] | I merely need two days to raise the blunt. | 我只需要两天时间去筹款 |
[13:29] | What do you think, Bridgerton? | 你觉得怎么样 布里奇顿 |
[13:31] | This one more to your liking? | 这幅画是你喜欢的风格吗 |
[13:33] | Mr. Granville. | 格兰维尔先生 |
[13:34] | Perhaps they should take it over to Somerset House | 应该将这幅画挂到萨默赛特宫去 |
[13:36] | so it can be skyed right next to mine. | 就挂在我的画旁边 |
[13:39] | I believe I owe you an apology, sir. | 我欠你一个道歉 先生 |
[13:42] | Unnecessary. | 没必要吧 |
[13:43] | I actually quite enjoy the eloquent stings of your critique. | 事实上我挺欣赏你略带讽刺的批评 |
[13:47] | So? | 如何 |
[13:49] | A touch morose for my tastes. | 对我而言这幅画稍显阴郁 |
[13:55] | A tragedy. The hound deserved better. | 太惨了 这狗不该受到这样的待遇 |
[13:58] | Where is yours? | 你的呢 |
[14:00] | – My? – Your work. | -我的 -你的画 |
[14:03] | Are you to tell me you’re not an artist yourself? | 你不会是想告诉我 你并非是位画家吧 |
[14:05] | Well, I-I suppose sometimes I like to… | 有时候我喜欢 |
[14:07] | Well, I mean, I almost… | 我是说我差点就 |
[14:09] | I believe “Yes” and “Thank you” are the words you seek. | 我猜你是想说”是的”和”谢谢”吧 |
[14:13] | But either way, you should come by my studio. | 但不管怎样 你都该来我的画室坐坐 |
[14:18] | The pieces I do for myself are there, | 那里有些我给自己画的画 |
[14:20] | and I think you will find my real work far less, um | 我想你看过后会发现我其实并不那么 |
[14:24] | Oh, how did you put it? “Cold and lacking inner life”? | 怎么形容的来着 “内心冷漠且缺乏生机” |
[14:28] | I shall never live that down, shall I? | 这坎过不去了 对吗 |
[14:41] | I hear you are to leave town tonight. | 我听说你今晚就走 |
[14:44] | You hear correctly. | 没错 |
[14:46] | I misjudged you. I was never quite certain, | 我误会你了 之前我还不太确定 |
[14:49] | but now it is clear | 但现在看来 |
[14:50] | your intentions with Daphne were honorable after all. | 你对达芙妮并无玩弄之意 |
[14:53] | She has found herself a prince, | 她找到了王子 |
[14:55] | and you are going on your way. | 你也将回归自我 |
[14:58] | Perhaps one day the two of us will be able to laugh at all this? | 也许日后 我们能坐下来笑着回首今日 |
[15:01] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[15:04] | Are you to tell me you’re sorry to see me go? | 你是想来告诉我你舍不得我吗 |
[15:06] | We should not have to go that far, should we? | 大可不必这么煽情 好吗 |
[15:14] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿勋爵 |
[15:15] | Your Highness. | 王子殿下 |
[15:17] | I was told you would be here. Might we have a word? | 我听说你会来这儿 能聊聊吗 |
[15:19] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[15:32] | Your brother took you where? | 你哥哥带你去哪儿了 |
[15:34] | He kept close watch the entire time, Mama. | 他随时都盯着我 妈妈 |
[15:36] | It does not matter. | 这是重点吗 |
[15:37] | A boxing exhibition is no place for any young lady. | 拳击场可不是淑女该去的地方 |
[15:40] | Is it a place for a prince? Was he at today’s match, Sister? | 那王子能去吗 他今天去了吗 姐姐 |
[15:44] | He certainly was. | 当然 |
[15:45] | It is a loathsome and barbarous form of entertainment. | 那就是种野蛮且令人厌恶的娱乐方式 |
[15:47] | – What about the duke? – What about the duke? | -那公爵呢 -公爵怎么了 |
[15:51] | Was he also present? | 他也去了吗 |
[15:54] | I do not know. | 不知道 |
[15:55] | If the duke was there, I did not see him. | 就算他去了 我也没注意 |
[16:03] | – What are you writing? – Nothing. | -你在写什么 -没什么 |
[16:05] | You sit about, writing nothing all day long. | 你在这儿坐了一天却什么也没写 |
[16:07] | Very well. I am telling Francesca | 很好 我现在就去告诉弗朗西斯卡 |
[16:09] | about what an officious little busybody you are. | 你有多么爱管闲事 |
[16:16] | Mother. Daph. | 母亲 小芙 |
[16:18] | Did you truly take your sister to a boxing match? | 你真带你妹妹去拳击场了吗 |
[16:19] | Your admonishment will have to wait. I have news. | 待会儿再数落我也不迟 我有大事要宣布 |
[16:22] | Prince Friedrich has asked for my permission to propose. | 弗雷德里克王子向我征求妹妹的求婚许可 |
[16:26] | So soon? | 这么快 |
[16:28] | Well, what did you tell him? | 那你怎么跟他说的 |
[16:29] | That I know better than to answer for my sister. | 我说 这最好先问我妹妹本人 |
[16:32] | I have no objections to the man. People speak well of him. | 我没有异议 人们对他的评价也很好 |
[16:34] | Whatever you decide, Daph, you shall have my support. | 小芙 无论你的决定是什么 我都支持你 |
[16:44] | I– | 我 |
[16:46] | I– | 我 |
[16:47] | You need not decide now. | 你不用马上决定 |
[16:50] | You have not known him long. | 你们认识也不久 |
[16:52] | Let me know when you have an answer, and I shall convey it. | 等你决定好了再告诉我 我会转达的 |
[16:55] | Indeed. | 好的 |
[17:12] | It is quite a necklace. | 这条项链真美 |
[17:17] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[17:19] | It is very beautiful. | 确实很美 |
[17:21] | But do you like it? | 但你喜欢吗 |
[17:24] | If you should have something to say, Mama, please say it. | 如果您有什么想说的 妈妈 就直说吧 |
[17:27] | Well, I only wonder | 我只是担心 |
[17:32] | If you wear that necklace at tonight’s ball, | 如果你今晚戴着那条项链去参加舞会 |
[17:34] | what will the duke think? | 你觉得公爵会怎么想 |
[17:34] | Oh, Mama! | 妈妈 |
[17:35] | Until you have decided to accept the prince’s proposal, | 在你决定接受王子的求婚前 |
[17:37] | I simply think you should keep your mind open. | 我只是觉得 你该多考虑考虑 |
[17:40] | Mama, I do not care what the duke thinks. | 妈妈 我并不在意公爵会怎么想 |
[17:44] | Besides, he will not even be at tonight’s ball. | 再说了 他也不会出席今晚的舞会 |
[17:46] | – What happened between the two of you? – Nothing happened. | -你俩怎么了 -没怎么 |
[17:50] | He is leaving. | 他就要走了 |
[17:51] | I know my daughter. I know it was not nothing between you. | 我了解我的女儿 你们之间并非没有感觉 |
[17:54] | You do not know. | 你不知道 |
[17:56] | You do not know anything. | 你什么都不知道 |
[17:57] | Daphne, I know what I saw! | 达芙妮 我相信自己看见的 |
[17:59] | What you saw | 你看见的 |
[18:01] | was a lie. | 都是谎言 |
[18:05] | What? | 什么 |
[18:07] | It was a lie. | 都是谎言 |
[18:10] | It was a ruse. | 那只是个诡计 |
[18:13] | The duke and I, we were pretending, | 公爵和我 我们都在演戏 |
[18:17] | all so I could attract a suitor of a high enough rank, | 以此让我吸引更多优质的追求者 |
[18:19] | all so I could be that much more | 我也会变得更加 |
[18:22] | desirable. | 炙手可热 |
[18:25] | It was an agreement. | 就是一份协议 |
[18:27] | It was an act, and it worked. | 逢场作戏而已 而且奏效了 |
[18:29] | We got what we wanted. | 我们各自得到了想要的 |
[18:31] | You did, too. I now have a prince. | 您也是 我现在有一位王子了 |
[18:33] | You should be proud. | 您该为我骄傲 |
[18:34] | What I wanted, dearest, was for you to have the best, | 我想要的 亲爱的 是希望你拥有最好的 |
[18:38] | not in terms of rank, but love. | 并不说地位身份 而是爱情 |
[18:40] | And what I have seen between you and the duke– | 在我看来你和公爵之间 |
[18:42] | It was not real, Mama! | 那不是真的 妈妈 |
[18:46] | Everything you saw. | 您看到的一切 |
[18:48] | None of it was real. | 都不是真的 |
[18:53] | Well, it | 反正 |
[18:54] | It is over now. | 已经结束了 |
[18:57] | I do not have to pretend any longer. | 我不用再假装了 |
[19:09] | I am sorry, Mama. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[19:11] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:18] | It is a beautiful necklace. | 这条项链很美 |
[19:22] | I should like it very much. | 我非常喜欢 |
[19:34] | I would tell you it’s been lovely | 我本应告诉您 我很开心 |
[19:36] | spending all this time with you, Your Grace, | 这段时间能和你相处 公爵大人 |
[19:38] | but I tend to leave such sycophantic behavior | 但我想把这种奉承的机会 |
[19:41] | for the rest of the ton. | 留给剩下的人 |
[19:42] | I shall miss you, too, Lady Danbury. | 我也会想你的 丹布里夫人 |
[19:46] | Are you going to tell me where you will go? | 你要告诉我打算去哪吗 |
[19:48] | This time, that is. | 这次要去哪 |
[19:49] | I am still considering, but– | 我还在考虑 但是 |
[19:51] | It does not really matter, does it? | 这不重要了 不是吗 |
[19:53] | I am sure you will abscond to some remote corner of the world | 我敢说你会躲到世界上某个遥远的角落 |
[19:55] | and continue to do what you have always done. | 然后继续你一直以来的做法 |
[19:58] | -And what would that be? -Take everything you have for granted. | -我一直以来都怎样 -认为一切都理所当然 |
[20:03] | The young man I have always taken pride in raising, well. | 我一直为自己培养的年轻小伙子骄傲 |
[20:09] | I would have expected more. | 我本来对他抱有更高的期待 |
[20:12] | More discernment, more understanding, more appreciation. | 希望他更明辨 更宽容 更感恩 |
[20:16] | Lady Danbury– | 丹布里夫人 |
[20:16] | You allowed that young lady to slip through your fingers | 你放任那位年轻的小姐从你的手里溜走 |
[20:20] | as if it were nothing. | 假装这无关紧要 |
[20:22] | I understand that you believe such subjects as love and devotion, | 我明白你认为爱情 奉献 |
[20:25] | affection and attachment, | 宠溺和牵挂 |
[20:27] | you find it all trite and frivolous. | 你认为那些老套且无聊 |
[20:29] | But have you any idea those very things are precisely | 但是你有没有想过恰是这些东西 |
[20:33] | what have allowed a new day to begin to dawn in this society? | 让这个社会迎来每日的黎明 |
[20:39] | Look at our queen. | 看看我们的女王 |
[20:41] | Look at our king. Look at their marriage. | 看看我们的国王 看看他们的婚姻 |
[20:43] | Look at everything it is doing for us, | 看看它给我们带来的所有影响 |
[20:47] | allowing us to become. | 带来的所有地位 |
[20:50] | We were two separate societies, divided by color, | 我们本是被肤色划分开的两个社会 |
[20:54] | until a king fell in love with one of us. | 直到有国王爱上了我们中的一个人 |
[20:58] | Love, Your Grace | 爱 公爵大人 |
[21:01] | conquers all. | 能战胜一切 |
[21:05] | I believe that remains to be seen. | 我认为这有待证实 |
[21:09] | The king may have chosen his queen. | 国王是选了他的王后 |
[21:11] | He may have elevated us | 他是提高了我们的地位 |
[21:13] | from novelties in their eyes to now dukes and royalty, | 从他们眼中的小人物变成公爵和皇族 |
[21:15] | and at that same whim | 也正因这种随性 |
[21:18] | he may just as easily change his mind, a mind, as we all know, | 他很可能轻易改变想法 我们也都知道他的想法 |
[21:22] | that is hanging on by one very loose and tenuous thread. | 维系于一根非常脆弱的线头 |
[21:25] | So, no, I am sorry, Lady Danbury, we are in disagreement here. | 所以 不 抱歉 丹布里夫人 我们意见不同 |
[21:27] | Love changes nothing. | 爱改变不了什么 |
[21:35] | My ship departs at quarter past nine. | 我的船九点一刻出发 |
[21:39] | I will write to you from wherever I go. | 无论我到哪 都会给你写信 |
[21:51] | As we all know, | 我们都明白 |
[21:52] | there is nothing this author loves more than a scandal, | 笔者最爱的东西就是丑闻 |
[21:56] | and tonight’s soiree promises more than its fair share, | 而今晚的舞会将比想象的更精彩 |
[22:00] | courtesy of the recently widowed Lady Trowbridge. | 最近刚丧偶的乔布瑞奇夫人十分殷勤 |
[22:04] | Some may call her celebrations too provocative, | 有人会说她的庆祝太明目张胆 |
[22:07] | and I would caution any young lady | 而我要提醒所有年轻女士 |
[22:09] | from getting caught up in the sensual nature of her fates. | 不要陷入她们与生俱来的感官特质 |
[22:13] | For one scandalous move between an unwed couple, | 因为未婚男女间的任何可耻动作 |
[22:17] | a wayward touch, or heaven forbid, a kiss, | 一次不正当的接触 更有甚者 一个吻 |
[22:20] | would banish any young lady from society in a trail of ruin. | 都足以把一位年轻女士逐出社交圈 |
[22:27] | Lord Rutledge. | 拉特利奇勋爵 |
[22:30] | Miss Thompson has spent all afternoon telling us | 汤普森小姐一下午都在告诉我们 |
[22:33] | how eager she is to converse with you. | 她有多想和你交谈 |
[22:36] | I don’t need her conversation. | 我不需要和她交谈 |
[22:38] | I shall like to see how she spins. | 我想看看她跳舞怎么样 |
[22:46] | – Mr. Finch. – Pardon me, Miss Featherington. | -芬奇先生 -抱歉 费瑟英顿小姐 |
[22:49] | Oh! What a delectable frock! | 好诱人的裙子 |
[22:51] | Almost the exact shade of double Gloucester | 几乎和今天下午茶时 |
[22:53] | your mother served at tea this afternoon. | 你母亲准备的一级干酪的颜色相同 |
[22:55] | I so love cheese. | 我太爱奶酪了 |
[22:58] | As do I, Mr. Finch. | 我也是 芬奇先生 |
[23:00] | Though, I must say, I do prefer a Stilton to a Cheddar. | 不过 比起切达我更喜欢斯蒂尔顿奶酪 |
[23:09] | Perhaps we will have two weddings this season, my lord. | 也许本季我们会举办两场婚礼 老爷 |
[23:12] | Oh, I do doubt that. | 我认为不一定 |
[23:27] | Daphne! | 达芙妮 |
[23:29] | – You look beautiful, as always. – Thank you, Cressida. | -你看起来很美 一如往常 -谢谢你 克莉茜达 |
[23:34] | You could have chosen anyone. | 你本可以选任何人的 |
[23:36] | You have gentlemen lined up to pay you tribute. | 先生们排着队想给你献礼 |
[23:39] | Yet you did not hesitate to | 而你毫不犹豫地 |
[23:40] | steal my chance for happiness away, did you? | 偷走了我获得幸福的机会 不是吗 |
[23:43] | I knew the marriage market would make rivals of us, | 我早知道婚姻市场会让我们成为竞争对手 |
[23:47] | but I never thought you capable of being my enemy. | 但我从未想过你会成为我的敌人 |
[23:49] | The man made his choice, Cressida. | 他做了自己的选择 克莉茜达 |
[23:53] | What did you expect me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[24:03] | Miss Bridgerton. You look absolutely exquisite, as always. | 布里奇顿小姐 你看起来美极了 一如往常 |
[24:07] | Thank you, Your Highness. | 谢谢 殿下 |
[24:09] | I hope there’s room on your dance card for the two of us. | 我希望你的舞卡上还有我们的空位 |
[24:11] | I believe there is. | 我想有的 |
[24:38] | Jeffries! | 杰弗里斯 |
[24:40] | Your Grace. | 公爵大人 |
[24:41] | Why is this painting here and not at Somerset House? | 为什么这幅画还在这 而没送到萨默赛特家 |
[24:44] | Have you forgotten, sir? | 你忘了吗 先生 |
[24:45] | You requested it returned to you, | 是您要求送回来的 |
[24:47] | an endeavor that was no small feat to arrange, I might add. | 容我说一句 这差事可不容易 |
[25:18] | Mr. Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿先生 |
[25:20] | Come in, come in. | 进来 进来 |
[25:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:31] | I do not know what I was expecting, but it surely was not this. | 我不知道自己期待的是什么 但肯定不是这个 |
[25:35] | Oh, simply a gathering of like-minded souls. | 只是一群志同道合者的聚会 |
[25:38] | Here, let me show you what I’ve been working on. | 来 给你看看我这段时间的心血 |
[25:42] | They speak of war abroad | 他们谈论国外的战争 |
[25:43] | as if it will distract from inequities at home. | 好像那能让人忽略国内的不公一样 |
[25:45] | They do not need a war to be distracted. | 他们不需要用战争来分心 |
[25:47] | Why, this Whistledown’s enough | 这位微声到夫人就足够 |
[25:48] | to turn their eyes from the needs of ordinary people. | 把他们的注意力从普通人身上移开了 |
[25:51] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[25:57] | It’s a far cry from Somerset House, I must say. | 和萨默赛特家的画有天壤之别 我必须说 |
[26:00] | I shall take that as a compliment. | 我就当是赞美了 |
[26:02] | And I must say, I’m truly jealous. | 我必须说 我真的很嫉妒 |
[26:05] | Is this your life? | 这就是你的生活吗 |
[26:07] | There are advantages to being the second-born. | 当第二个孩子还是有好处的 |
[26:11] | Heirs have the responsibility. | 继承人要承担责任 |
[26:13] | Second sons have the fun. | 次子就可以享乐了 |
[26:15] | So, | 所以 |
[26:17] | why not go have some fun? | 为什么不去找点乐子呢 |
[27:38] | Anthony? | 安东尼 |
[27:40] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[27:41] | This is Miss Addington, the Earl of Lindsay’s niece. | 这是阿丁顿小姐 林赛伯爵的侄女 |
[27:44] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[27:47] | There, you see? | 看到了吗 |
[28:01] | Quite the affair, Lady Trowbridge. | 真是盛大 乔布瑞奇夫人 |
[28:03] | You have such a… | 您的品味真是 |
[28:06] | striking taste. | 与众不同 |
[28:08] | What a compliment, Lady Featherington, | 真是过奖 费瑟英顿夫人 |
[28:10] | especially from you. | 尤其出自您之口 |
[28:13] | Philippa, should you not be on the dance floor with Mr. Finch? | 费丽帕 你不是该和芬奇先生一起跳舞吗 |
[28:19] | Dry your eyes. | 擦干眼泪 |
[28:20] | Such constant commotion with this one, Mama. | 她总是感情过度充沛 妈妈 |
[28:23] | Mr. Finch won’t so much as meet my eye. | 芬奇先生都不愿意看我的眼睛 |
[28:25] | Papa told him something, and now | 爸爸跟他说了什么 结果现在 |
[28:28] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[28:36] | Whatever did you say to Mr. Finch? | 你究竟对芬奇先生说了什么 |
[28:38] | He may not be a lord, but he’s perfectly suitable, | 他或许没有爵位 但再合适不过了 |
[28:41] | and Phillipa has no other suitors. | 费丽帕也没有其他追求者了 |
[28:42] | Then we shall wait until next season. | 那我们就等到下个社交季 |
[28:46] | With two others unwed? | 同时其他两个也没结婚 |
[28:47] | They can all wait until next season, as far as I’m concerned. | 就我看来 她们都能等到下一季 |
[28:50] | Could you truly wish to embarrass me further tonight? | 你今晚真的还想让我更难堪吗 |
[28:53] | I would advise against it. | 我劝你别那么做 |
[29:15] | What are you doing in my room? | 你在我房间里干什么 |
[29:19] | Mama asked me to retrieve the latest copy of Lady Whistledown. | 妈妈让我来取最新一份的微声到夫人小报 |
[29:22] | She wanted to count how many times | 她想数数小报提到了多少次 |
[29:25] | Daphne and Prince Friedrich had been mentioned. | 达芙妮和弗雷德里克王子的事 |
[29:27] | The viscountess is at the Trowbridge ball. | 子爵夫人正在乔布瑞奇舞会上 |
[29:29] | She did not seem particularly pleased about Prince Friedrich. | 她似乎不太喜欢弗雷德里克王子 |
[29:34] | Why do you have them, anyway, | 不过你为什么有这些 |
[29:35] | all of these Whistledowns? | 这么多微声到夫人的小报 |
[29:36] | Must I explain myself to you? | 我必须要跟你解释吗 |
[29:39] | Yes, you must. | 没错 必须要 |
[29:42] | After all, I am a Bridgerton, | 说到底 我是也布里奇顿家的人 |
[29:43] | so therefore your mistress. | 所以也是你的女主人 |
[29:45] | I wiped your bottom when you were in leading strings, | 你还在蹒跚学步时 我就给你擦屁股了 |
[29:48] | and I– I do not appreciate your tone. | 而且我不喜欢你的语气 |
[29:51] | I asked you once, and I ask you again, | 我问过你了 现在再问你一遍 |
[29:52] | what are you doing in my room, Eloise? | 你在我的房间里做什么 埃洛伊丝 |
[29:55] | Thinking perhaps you are Lady Whistledown. | 我觉得你可能是微声到夫人 |
[30:01] | Or, if not you, | 或者 如果不是你 |
[30:04] | then perhaps another servant type. | 可能是其他仆人什么的 |
[30:07] | Are you not meant to be the smart one? | 你不应该是那个聪明孩子吗 |
[30:09] | I beg your pardon? | 你在说什么 |
[30:10] | You believe a servant | 你认为一个仆人 |
[30:13] | would ever have the time to be Lady Whistledown, | 能有功夫去当微声到夫人吗 |
[30:15] | with all the work we must do? | 我们有那么多活要干 |
[30:20] | You believe I would be working for you | 如果我像微声到夫人那么多钱 |
[30:23] | if I had all the money Whistledown does? | 你觉得我还会来给你工作吗 |
[30:28] | Oh, it hurts. | 笑得我肚子疼 |
[30:33] | Get out. | 出去 |
[30:52] | Our host looks a bit fussy. | 我们的东道主似乎有点闹腾 |
[30:55] | Do you think if he goes to bed, | 你觉得要是他去睡了 |
[30:56] | we all have to leave? | 我们是不是都得走了 |
[30:58] | It’s lucky the lady produced an heir | 真是走运 夫人能先诞下继承人 |
[30:59] | before the old earl croaked, no? | 趁老伯爵还没咽气 不是吗 |
[31:01] | Lucky, indeed. | 确实很幸运 |
[31:03] | But do you not think the boy bears a passing resemblance | 但你不觉得这孩子长得隐约有点像 |
[31:05] | to Lady Trowbridge’s footman? | 乔布瑞奇夫人的男仆吗 |
[31:08] | Penelope! | 佩妮洛普 |
[31:09] | What a barb! | 真是挖苦 |
[31:17] | I’ve tried to get in front of Miss Thompson all night. | 我一整晚都试图凑到汤普森小姐跟前 |
[31:20] | Surely she cannot be interested in Lord Rutledge, can she? | 她肯定不会对拉特利奇勋爵感兴趣 对吧 |
[31:22] | I think the only thing Miss Thompson is interested in | 我想现在汤普森小姐唯一感兴趣的 |
[31:25] | is a swift rescue, indeed. | 是根现成的救命稻草 |
[31:27] | I believe you are right. | 我觉得你说的对 |
[31:29] | Oh, Colin, I did not mean– | 科林 我不是这个意思 |
[31:38] | Another? | 再来一支吗 |
[31:39] | I do believe a third dance | 我相信再跳第三支 |
[31:41] | would be considered improper, my lord. | 就会显得不合适了 大人 |
[31:43] | You need not continue to prove your virtue to me, my girl. | 你不用再向我证明你的贞洁了 我的姑娘 |
[31:47] | There are other things a man looks for in a wife. | 男人们还有其他寻找妻子的标准 |
[31:50] | Miss Thompson. A dance? | 汤普森小姐 来跳一曲吗 |
[31:56] | Are you well recovered, Miss Thompson? | 你身体康复了吗 汤普森小姐 |
[31:59] | Oh, yes. Um, I was quite ill. | 是啊 我之前病得很严重 |
[32:01] | And what a suspicious illness you came down with. | 你真是染上了一种可疑的疾病 |
[32:05] | It seems to have manifested | 它似乎化身成了 |
[32:06] | as a walking spittle factory with very large teeth. | 一个行走的唾沫工厂 长着巨大的牙齿 |
[32:12] | Am I the only one who can see it? | 我是唯一一个看到的人吗 |
[32:13] | Alas, I can as well. | 我也能看到 |
[32:15] | But spin me away, and perhaps I shall recover. | 不过来让我转几圈 或许我就能恢复了 |
[32:24] | – They appear to be enjoying themselves. – Yes. | -他们好像玩得很开心 -是啊 |
[32:27] | My brother Colin certainly knows how to make things memorable. | 我哥哥科林的确知道如何让人难以忘怀 |
[32:32] | Perhaps I may do the same. | 或许我也要那么做 |
[32:36] | I know we’ve only known each other a short time, Miss Bridgerton, | 我知道我们才相识不久 布里奇顿小姐 |
[32:39] | but from the moment I laid eyes on you, I, uh– | 但自打我看到你的第一眼 我 |
[32:48] | – Ah! There you are. – Here I am, Your Highness. | -你在这呢 -我在这 殿下 |
[32:52] | As I was saying, | 正如我说的 |
[32:54] | some in Prussia believe I have run away, | 普鲁士的有些人觉得我逃跑了 |
[32:56] | but the truth is I left to find someone to start a life with. | 但真相是我要离开找个人开始新生活 |
[32:59] | To have a family with. | 去组建一个家庭 |
[33:10] | And so I find myself left with one question to ask. | 所以我只剩下一个问题要问 |
[33:18] | – Miss Bridgerton– – I need a moment. | -布里奇顿小姐 -我需要缓一下 |
[33:21] | To refresh myself, Your Highness. | 去提提神 殿下 |
[33:25] | Miss Bridgerton, are you yet engaged? | 布里奇顿小姐 你还没有订婚吗 |
[33:28] | You must set me up with | 你一定要给我介绍一个 |
[33:28] | one of those brothers I hear the prince has. | 我听说王子有些兄弟 |
[33:32] | Do watch where you are flying, angel. | 你飞的时候看着点路 小天使 |
[33:50] | Miss Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[33:56] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[34:00] | I thought you were leaving London. | 我以为你要离开伦敦了 |
[34:02] | I was. I am. | 确实 现在也是 |
[34:05] | – I came to say goodbye. – To whom? | -我是来道别的 -跟谁道别 |
[34:07] | – To you. – Your goodbye is wholly unnecessary. | -和你道别 -你的道别完全没必要 |
[34:12] | We are not friends. | 我们不是朋友 |
[34:13] | We never were friends, | 我们从来都不是朋友 |
[34:14] | as you made abundantly clear. | 你已经说得清清楚楚了 |
[34:15] | – And I am sorry for that. – Please do not apologize. | -为此我很抱歉 -请别道歉 |
[34:20] | I shall not be led once more by you from this direction to that. | 我不会再被你牵着鼻子走了 |
[34:24] | You are my friend. You are not my friend. | 你是我的朋友 又不是我的朋友 |
[34:26] | You are a rake. You are not a rake. | 你是个浪子 又不是浪子 |
[34:28] | – You are sorry– – I am sorry. | -你很抱歉 -我确实很抱歉 |
[34:30] | That is very well. | 那很好 |
[34:32] | But you should know that | 但你应该了解 |
[34:33] | your apology has absolutely no effect on my life, | 你的歉意完全不会影响我的生活 |
[34:36] | nor does your leaving London. | 你的离开也不会影响到我 |
[34:39] | I am marrying the prince. | 我要嫁给王子了 |
[34:41] | I shall be very happy, indeed. | 我一定会非常幸福的 |
[34:46] | Will you be? Happy? | 真的吗 你会幸福吗 |
[34:48] | Why would I not be? | 我为什么不会 |
[34:51] | Prince Friedrich is kind and adoring | 弗雷德里克王子善良又令人仰慕 |
[34:56] | and he knows what he wants. | 而且他很清楚自己想要什么 |
[34:59] | He is a good man, and he will make a wonderful father. | 他是个好人 也会是个好父亲 |
[35:02] | And so you truly believe him the best man for you? | 所以你真的相信他是最适合你的人吗 |
[35:05] | How dare you question my choices? | 你凭什么质疑我的选择 |
[35:08] | They are my choices to make, not yours. | 这是我的决定 不是你的 |
[35:10] | I do not question your choice to rake across the continent, | 你选择孤身一人 四处浪荡 |
[35:14] | forlorn and alone. | 我都没有插嘴 |
[35:16] | I do not have to explain myself to you. | 我没必要和你解释我的想法 |
[35:18] | I do not owe you anything. | 我不欠你的 |
[35:21] | He is perfect for me. I am going to be princess! | 他是我的最佳人选 我马上要成为王妃了 |
[35:31] | Are you going to say anything? | 你不打算说点什么吗 |
[35:38] | Well, then, leave. | 不然你就走开 |
[35:43] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[35:47] | Miss Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[35:49] | Miss Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[35:51] | Miss Bridgerton! | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[35:59] | Come back to the party. | 回到舞会上去 |
[36:01] | Stop walking! | 不要走了 |
[36:02] | – Stop following me. – It is not safe out here. | -不要跟着我 -外面不安全 |
[36:05] | – I forbid you to go any further. – You cannot tell me what to do. | -我不允许你再往前走了 -你不能管我 |
[36:09] | Daphne! | 达芙妮 |
[36:11] | Will you not listen? | 你怎么不听话 |
[36:25] | My most sincere apologies. | 我真的非常抱歉 |
[36:28] | I… | 我 |
[36:31] | I… | 我 |
[36:58] | Bastard! | 混蛋 |
[37:00] | Anthony! | 安东尼 |
[37:07] | You will marry her. | 你必须娶她 |
[37:10] | – What? – Immediately. | -什么 -马上 |
[37:11] | We can only hope no one saw you take such liberties, | 我们只能希望没人看见你们这么放纵 |
[37:13] | and my sister is saved further mortification. | 以免我妹妹遭受更多的耻辱 |
[37:15] | – You will marry her! – Brother! | -你必须娶她 -哥哥 |
[37:18] | I cannot marry her. | 我不能娶她 |
[37:22] | You have defiled her innocence, and now you refuse her hand? | 你玷污了她的纯洁 现在你却不娶她 |
[37:27] | I knew you were a rake, Hastings, | 我一直知道你是个浪子 黑斯廷斯 |
[37:28] | never thought a villain. | 但我没想到你还是个恶棍 |
[37:29] | I cannot marry her. | 我不能娶她 |
[37:35] | Then you leave me no choice. | 那么我就别无选择了 |
[37:38] | I must demand satisfaction. | 我要和你决斗 |
[37:40] | A duel? Anthony, you cannot– | 决斗 安东尼 你不能 |
[37:43] | He dishonors you, sister. | 妹妹 他让你蒙羞了 |
[37:45] | He dishonors you and me and the very Bridgerton name. | 你 我和布里奇顿家族都因他而蒙羞 |
[37:49] | I have misjudged you, indeed. You have duped us both, | 我确实看错了你 你欺骗了我们两个 |
[37:51] | but I shall not see my sister pay for my own misdeeds. | 但我绝不会让我的妹妹为我的错误付出代价 |
[37:54] | – We will settle this as gentlemen. – I understand. | -我们要像绅士一样解决此事 -我明白 |
[37:57] | I shall see you at dawn. | 我们拂晓见 |
[38:01] | I do not understand. | 我不明白 |
[38:04] | You would rather die than marry me? | 你宁愿死也不肯娶我 |
[38:09] | I am truly sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[38:12] | We need to go, Daph, | 我们得回去了 小芙 |
[38:14] | before anyone should see us. | 不然会有人看到我们的 |
[38:40] | Champagne! It sounds like “Sham” and “Pain.” | 香槟 听起来像”骗子”和”疼痛” |
[38:43] | It is quite amusing, really. | 真的太有意思了 |
[38:47] | Our sister has a headache. I am taking her home. | 妹妹头痛 我要带她回家了 |
[38:49] | See to Mother, will you? | 照看好妈妈 好吗 |
[38:51] | Daphne, you look unwell. | 达芙妮 你脸色不好 |
[38:52] | Did you catch a chill in the garden? | 在花园里着凉了吗 |
[39:18] | – You have great potential. – It’s nothing. | -你很有潜力 -这不算什么 |
[39:20] | Though, for such a staunch critic of others, | 当然 对于那些特别挑剔的人来说 |
[39:22] | you certainly lack a clear eye for your own work. | 你显然对自己的水平认识不足 |
[39:24] | It’s the lines. Not what they’re supposed to be. | 是那些线条 总是不对劲 |
[39:26] | Take the compliment, Bridgerton. | 接受表扬吧 布里奇顿 |
[39:28] | There is no expectation or judgment here. | 这里又没有对你的期望与评判 |
[39:32] | You left all of that back in Mayfair. | 你把那些都留在梅菲尔了 |
[39:36] | You can feel free to be yourself here. | 在这你就踏踏实实做自己吧 |
[39:39] | If that’s what you should like. | 如果这就是你想要的 |
[39:41] | It’s what works for me, at least. | 至少对我来说很管用 |
[39:43] | And I haven’t been dissatisfied | 而且我都已经很久 |
[39:44] | with my lines in, well, quite some time. | 没有挑剔过我自己的线条了 |
[39:48] | – Well, I’ve done worse, I suppose, really. – Mm. Fair enough. | -不过 我觉得还不算太糟 -说得对 |
[39:52] | I seem to have enjoyed myself too much this evening. | 我今天晚上有点太沉迷了 |
[39:56] | I should be on my way. | 我该走了 |
[39:58] | As you wish. | 随你便 |
[39:59] | But know you are welcome back any time | 但你要知道 我欢迎你随时来 |
[40:01] | for practice or even conversation. | 练习也好 聊天也罢 |
[40:07] | I’ll see you out. | 我送你出去 |
[40:16] | I knew something was amiss | 当他坚持要我们留下 |
[40:17] | when he insisted we keep Miss Thompson, | 汤普森小姐时我就知道肯定有事不对劲 |
[40:19] | but did I quarrel with him? No. | 但我和他争执了吗 并没有 |
[40:22] | I did what I was told, I did my best. | 我按照吩咐做了 我尽力了 |
[40:23] | But getting rid of my dear Philippa’s one and only suitor. | 但抛弃我的宝贝费丽帕的唯一追求者 |
[40:26] | Under no circumstances. Intolerable man! | 绝无可能 受不了这种人 |
[40:30] | Guard the door. | 去守着门 |
[40:31] | What exactly are you hoping to find, ma’am? | 夫人 您到底想要找到什么啊 |
[40:33] | I shan’t know that, Mrs. Varley, until I find it. | 不知道 瓦利太太 我找到了才知道 |
[40:39] | Pen, he is kind and funny | 小佩 他真的善良又有趣 |
[40:41] | and a surprisingly accomplished dancer. | 而且舞技还令人惊讶地娴熟 |
[40:44] | And, well, I’m sure you’ve seen him with the small Bridgertons. | 而且你肯定见过他和布里奇顿家的小孩在一起 |
[40:47] | He will be a wonderful father. | 他会是个非常棒的父亲 |
[40:51] | Surely, though, Colin is a tad young for marriage. | 确实 但是科林还太小 不适合结婚 |
[40:54] | You do need someone who will propose soon. | 你需要一个能尽快求婚的人 |
[40:57] | But that is why Mr. Bridgerton is so perfect. | 但这就是为什么布里奇顿先生这么完美 |
[40:59] | Did you see the way he rescued me tonight? | 你看见他今晚是如何来搭救我的吗 |
[41:02] | He’s not like the other young men | 他和其他年轻人都不同 |
[41:03] | who play games and guard their affections. | 那些人沉迷娱乐 不轻易表露感情 |
[41:07] | He is eager. | 他很热情 |
[41:09] | Pen, I believe he will propose soon. | 小佩 我相信他很快就会求婚了 |
[41:13] | I shan’t have to marry Rutledge. | 我不用嫁给拉特里奇了 |
[41:17] | Oh, I am sorry. Am I keeping you awake with all this talk? | 对不起 我打扰你睡觉了吗 |
[41:20] | Yes, I do feel sleep coming over me. | 是的 我确实很困了 |
[41:23] | But, Pen, | 但是 小佩 |
[41:25] | the best part is, | 最棒的是 |
[41:27] | when we wed, I’ll be able to stay in town. | 等我们结婚了 我就能留在镇上了 |
[41:30] | And since you and Eloise are so close, | 既然你和埃洛伊丝如此亲近 |
[41:31] | we will all practically be sisters. | 我们就算是姐妹了 |
[41:34] | Imagine that. | 那太好了 |
[42:04] | I have a theory. | 我有个理论 |
[42:07] | Eloise, it is quite late. | 埃洛伊丝 很晚了 |
[42:08] | A good theory about Lady Whistledown. | 一个关于微声到夫人极好的理论 |
[42:09] | I thought she had to be a servant, | 我之前以为她一定是个仆人 |
[42:10] | but I was wrong, quite wrong. | 但我错了 大错特错 |
[42:13] | Because who truly has the time and means to be that remarkable? | 因为谁真正有时间和手段能做到那样出色 |
[42:16] | Who would be invited to all of the parties, | 谁会受邀参加所有派对 |
[42:17] | able to hear things unnoticed by others? | 能听到那些其他人没注意的事 |
[42:19] | Perhaps we can discuss it tomorrow. | 我们也许可以明天讨论 |
[42:21] | Lady Whistledown is someone free and unencumbered by society. | 微声到夫人是个自由 不受社会约束的人 |
[42:24] | She is a single woman of means. Better yet, she is a widow, | 她是位有钱的单身女性 甚至是个寡妇 |
[42:27] | who would be invited to all of the events | 她可以受邀参加所有的活动 |
[42:28] | but not paid any attention. | 但不会引起任何注意 |
[42:29] | So while you were at the ball… | 所以当你在舞会上 |
[42:31] | Eloise, I do not care! | 埃洛伊丝 我不在乎 |
[42:34] | People have real problems, mature problems, | 人们有真正的困难 成年人的困难 |
[42:37] | problems that have nothing to do | 那些与什么愚蠢作家的 |
[42:38] | with the secret identity of some silly writer. | 秘密身份毫无关系的困难 |
[42:42] | And you are so mature now? | 而你现在这么成熟了吗 |
[42:44] | Well, I am of age. | 我已到了适婚年龄 |
[42:45] | I am out in society. | 我已进入社交圈 |
[42:47] | Therefore, I have more important, mature things to worry about. | 因此 我有更重要 更成熟的事要操心 |
[42:50] | – Like what? – Like marriage. | -比如 -比如嫁人 |
[42:51] | – You do not care about marriage. – What if I do? | -你根本不在乎嫁人 -如果我在乎呢 |
[42:55] | I cannot expect you to understand. | 我不指望你能明白 |
[42:57] | Not everyone can be a pretty Bridgerton. | 不是所有人都是美丽的布里奇顿 |
[43:04] | Eloise, I did not… | 埃洛伊丝 我不是 |
[43:05] | Eloise, wait! | 埃洛伊丝 等等 |
[43:14] | Thank you, Humboldt. No need to send anyone up. | 谢谢你 洪堡德 不需要派任何人来 |
[43:17] | I want you to know I am not angry with you. | 我想告诉你 我没生你的气 |
[43:19] | I do not blame you for what transpired. | 发生这种事我不怪你 |
[43:22] | Do not treat me like a child. | 别把我当孩子 |
[43:24] | I did this. | 这是我干的 |
[43:25] | He took advantage of you. | 他利用了你 |
[43:27] | No less than I took liberties with him. | 我也任由他这么做了 |
[43:29] | You do not understand. | 你不明白 |
[43:31] | I should have protected you better. | 我该更好地保护你 |
[43:32] | I knew his true nature from the start. | 我从一开始就知道他的本性 |
[43:34] | You think that just because I am a woman, | 你觉得就因为我是个女人 |
[43:36] | I am incapable of making my own choices? | 我就没能力自己做选择吗 |
[43:40] | Is that it, brother? | 是这样吗 哥哥 |
[43:42] | Do you even care that Simon has dishonored me, as you say, | 你真如自己所说 在乎西蒙羞辱了我 |
[43:45] | or is it your own male pride that you seek to satisfy? | 还是为了满足你男性的骄傲 |
[43:49] | – You are to go on up to bed. – You cannot duel him. | -你快去睡觉 -你不能跟他决斗 |
[43:52] | It is illegal, to name but one reason. | 不管怎样 这不合法 |
[43:54] | You could both be arrested, let alone killed. | 你俩可能被捕 甚至可能会丧命 |
[43:58] | – There must be another way. – What would you have me do? | -肯定还有其他办法 -你想让我做什么 |
[44:02] | I do not take this decision lightly, | 我不是草率地做出这个决定 |
[44:03] | but this is the way things are handled amongst gentlemen. | 但这是绅士之间处理事情的方式 |
[44:06] | – If this were to become known… – I could live with that. | -如果这事让众人知道 -我可以接受 |
[44:09] | What I could not live with is the duke’s death on my hands. | 我不能接受的是 公爵因我而死 |
[44:13] | Nor yours, however tempting that may be at this very moment. | 你也一样 无论此刻这听上去有多诱人 |
[44:16] | It is more than just your honor at stake. | 这不仅仅关系到你的声誉 |
[44:17] | It is your sisters’, too, | 也关系到你妹妹们的 |
[44:19] | the entire family name. | 和整个家族的 |
[44:20] | It has been decided. | 我已经决定了 |
[44:21] | Oh, this is madness! | 这简直是疯了 |
[44:24] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[44:26] | You and I need to talk. | 我需要和你谈谈 |
[44:28] | Daphne, bed. | 达芙妮 去睡觉 |
[44:38] | I will need you to stand as my second. | 我需要你做我的副手 |
[44:41] | What if you get yourself killed? | 如果你被杀了怎么办 |
[44:43] | Then the title and estates will pass to you. | 那么爵位和遗产将由你继承 |
[44:48] | And if you kill Hastings? | 如果你杀了黑斯廷斯呢 |
[44:49] | Then I shall have to leave the country. | 那我将离开这个国家 |
[44:51] | You’ll be head of the family in every way that matters. | 你将成为一家之主 管理所有重要之事 |
[44:57] | Of course not. You are clearly sober. | 当然不是 您非常清醒 |
[45:03] | And I’m sober enough to know when you’re being impertinent. | 我很清醒 知道你什么时候会傲慢无礼 |
[45:07] | – Good night, dear. – Good night, Mother. | -晚安 亲爱的 -晚安 母亲 |
[45:13] | Come here. | 过来 |
[45:14] | Good God. Did someone die? | 天啊 有人死了吗 |
[45:20] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[45:21] | I find myself in rather desperate need of a drink. | 我觉得自己非常需要喝一杯 |
[45:24] | And this was the only place you could find one? | 这是你唯一能找到的酒地方吗 |
[45:32] | Are you not supposed to be on a ship by now? | 你现在不是应该在船上吗 |
[45:33] | Change of plans. | 计划改变了 |
[45:37] | For brandy this good, | 喝这么好的白兰地 |
[45:38] | you need to actually tell me what is going on. | 你得跟我老实说 出什么事了 |
[45:42] | I am to meet Anthony Bridgerton at dawn. | 黎明时分 我要去见安东尼·布里奇顿 |
[45:53] | Whatever the insult, apologize, | 无论是怎样的羞辱 去道歉 |
[45:55] | and he will surely be a forgiving man. | 他一定会原谅你的 |
[45:58] | Not when it comes to his sister. | 涉及到他妹妹时就不会了 |
[46:02] | Exactly how insulted was she? | 她到底受了多大侮辱 |
[46:15] | I shall need another if I am to be your second. | 如果要做你的副手 我还得再来一杯 |
[46:17] | – I cannot let you. – You cannot stop me. | -我不能让你去 -你阻止不了我 |
[46:49] | I believe you may have strayed too far from home tonight. | 我想你今晚离家太远了吧 |
[46:51] | Siena, please. | 西耶娜 求你了 |
[46:54] | We cannot be together. I know that now. | 我们无法在一起 我现在知道了 |
[46:56] | This world shall not permit it. | 这个世界不允许我们在一起 |
[46:57] | But what if we were to find ourselves in another situation, | 但假如我们在另一种处境 |
[47:00] | at a place where you and I might be accepted, | 在一个你我可能被接受的地方 |
[47:02] | with none of the shame | 没有这个社会 |
[47:03] | nor recriminations that this society grants us. | 给我们的羞耻感 或因此相互指责 |
[47:05] | Would you have me then? | 那时你还愿意接受我吗 |
[47:06] | You talk in dreams, my lord, | 你在说梦话吧 大人 |
[47:08] | and yet you deprive me the luxury of sleep. | 然而你却不让我好好睡觉 |
[47:10] | I duel at dawn. | 黎明时分我要去决斗 |
[47:17] | An affair of honor? | 事关荣誉吗 |
[47:17] | If I live to see sunrise, I am free… | 如果我可以活着看到日出 我就自由了 |
[47:21] | free of society, free of these rules, | 不再受社会和这些规则的约束 |
[47:23] | the very ones that keep us apart. | 正是这些东西让我们分离 |
[47:25] | We could go together, away from all this, Siena. | 我们可以一起离开 远离这一切 西耶娜 |
[47:35] | My apologies. | 对不起 |
[47:38] | I’ve taxed your patience for the last time. | 这是我最后一次消耗了你的耐心 |
[48:17] | – Wh… What are you doing in here? – Hush. | -你 你在这里干什么 -别说话 |
[48:20] | I found your ledgers, hidden under old newspapers, no less. | 我找到了你的账簿 竟然藏在旧报纸下 |
[48:28] | I know of every transaction… | 我知道每一笔交易 |
[48:32] | every financial account. | 和所有金融账户 |
[48:33] | – Y– You do not know… – I know… | -你 你不知道 -我知道 |
[48:36] | everything. | 所有事 |
[48:38] | I know about your gambling. | 我知道你赌博 |
[48:40] | I know about your debts. | 我知道你欠了债 |
[48:42] | I know that you have spent all our money. | 我知道你花光了我们所有的钱 |
[48:45] | – I shall not– – Including our girls’ dowries! | -我绝不 -包括我们女儿的嫁妆 |
[48:53] | Is that not why you rejected that perfectly acceptable Mr. Finch | 所以你拒绝了非常合适的芬奇先生 |
[48:57] | for our dear Philippa? | 与我们费丽帕的婚事 |
[48:59] | Is it not why we continue to keep Miss Thompson in our home? | 所以我们要继续养着汤普森小姐 |
[49:02] | You owe her father too. | 你也欠她父亲的钱 |
[49:04] | So the question certainly is not what I know! | 所以问题不在于我知不知道 |
[49:11] | The question is, | 为题在于 |
[49:13] | what are you going to do about it? | 你打算怎么办 |
[49:19] | My lord? | 老爷 |
[49:21] | My lord? | 老爷 |
[49:29] | Archibald. | 亚奇伯德 |
[49:30] | I’ve have failed you! | 我辜负了你 |
[49:33] | I’ve– I’ve– | 我 我 |
[49:35] | I have failed our daughters! | 我辜负了我们的女儿 |
[49:39] | I– | 我 |
[49:41] | I do not know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[49:45] | Portia. | 波茜娅 |
[49:47] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[51:08] | – Where have they gone? – Daph. | -他们去哪了 -小芙 |
[51:09] | – Tell me where this duel takes place. – Why would I do that? | -告诉我决斗在哪里 -我为什么要告诉你 |
[51:11] | So that I may prevent it from happening. | 这样我好去阻止他们 |
[51:13] | Hastings has done you a grave dishonor. | 黑斯廷斯羞辱了你 |
[51:15] | – Surely you wish to see him pay. – Not with his life. | -你肯定想看到他付出代价 -但不是付出性命 |
[51:17] | It will not come to that. The duke will remember his honor | 不会那样的 公爵一旦看到 |
[51:20] | once he finds himself on the deadly end of a pistol. | 致命的手枪 就会想起自己的尊严 |
[51:22] | And if he does not? | 那如果他不呢 |
[51:23] | They will both do the gentlemanly thing and fire their pistols wide. | 他们会像绅士一样 故意打偏子弹 |
[51:26] | Allow them to bring this ugly business to a conclusion themselves. | 好自己解决这桩丑事 |
[51:30] | Do you know how many times I have heard that said? | 你知道我听过多少次这种话吗 |
[51:34] | To leave the men to their business | 别插手男人的事 |
[51:35] | and to not concern myself with such weighty affairs, | 别操心这种重要的大事 |
[51:39] | whose affairs are my future, my family. | 但这些事关我的未来 我的家人 |
[51:43] | Anthony is too angry to fire wide, | 安东尼太愤怒 不会故意打偏 |
[51:45] | and Simon is too stubborn to yield. | 西蒙又太固执 不会服软 |
[51:47] | You did not see them in that garden. | 你没看到他们在花园的样子 |
[51:48] | No, I did not, and neither did anyone else. | 确实没有 其他人也没看到 |
[51:51] | You should be happy that no one saw anything. | 你应该开心没人看到发生了什么 |
[51:53] | Daphne, you look unwell. Did you catch a chill in the garden? | 达芙妮 你脸色不好 在花园着凉了吗 |
[51:58] | Only, someone did see. | 但有人看到了 |
[52:01] | Cressida Cowper. | 克莉茜达·考珀 |
[52:04] | Colin, you must tell me. | 科林 你必须告诉我 |
[52:07] | Where have they gone? | 他们去哪了 |
[52:21] | Doctor, I appreciate your attendance and discretion. | 医生 谢谢你保密出席 |
[52:24] | You have my blunt? | 给我的钱带了吗 |
[52:28] | Very well. Try not to go dying while I am present. | 很好 你最好等我走了再死 |
[52:30] | If the goal is merely to wound, where should my brother aim? | 如果只想让对方受伤 我哥哥该瞄准哪里 |
[52:34] | You think you have the skill to guide the path of a moving bullet? | 你觉得你有操纵移动子弹的能力吗 |
[52:37] | Then you are either a fool or the king’s finest marksman. | 那你不是笨蛋 就是国王最厉害的神枪手 |
[52:41] | Which is it? | 是哪个 |
[52:54] | I have one last matter to discuss with you. | 我还有一件事要交代你 |
[52:56] | You have already provided ample instruction. | 你已经给了我很多指示了 |
[52:58] | Contact the solicitor and safeguard our sisters’ dowries. | 联系律师 好好保管我们妹妹的嫁妆 |
[53:00] | An additional task. | 还有一件事 |
[53:01] | In the top drawer of my desk, you shall find the name of a lady. | 在我桌子最上面的抽屉里 写着一位女士的名字 |
[53:05] | If I die, you must ensure she is provided for. Do you swear? | 如果我死了 你要保证她吃穿不愁 你发誓吗 |
[53:09] | – Benedict, do– – I swear. | -本尼迪克特 你… -我发誓 |
[53:20] | – Brother– – That is all. | -哥哥 -就这样 |
[53:29] | – Is there anything you need from me? – My affairs are in order. | -你还需要我做什么吗 -我的所有事都安排妥了 |
[54:08] | For what it is worth, I am sorry. | 无论如何 我很抱歉 |
[54:10] | Your apology is worth nothing to me. | 你的道歉对我来说一文不值 |
[54:34] | Ready! | 预备 |
[54:35] | Ready! | 预备 |
[55:08] | Stop! | 住手 |
[55:10] | Daphne! | 达芙妮 |
[55:12] | Sister! | 妹妹 |
[55:14] | – Sister! – Stand aside! | -妹妹 -站一边去 |
[55:20] | Oh, good God. | 老天爷 |
[55:22] | Are you hurt? Tell me! | 你受伤了吗 告诉我 |
[55:24] | I am perfectly well, no thanks to you idiots. | 我很好 但与你们几个蠢货无关 |
[55:27] | – What are you playing at? – Says the man who just shot at me! | -你在玩什么 -刚朝我开枪的人还好意思说这话 |
[55:30] | You rode into the middle of a duel! | 你骑马闯入了决斗 |
[55:33] | I require a moment with the duke. | 我想和公爵单独谈谈 |
[55:34] | – Daphne– – I require a moment with the duke. | -达芙妮 -我想和公爵单独谈谈 |
[55:37] | Make it brief. | 别太久了 |
[55:40] | You should not have come. My mind’s not changed. | 你不该来 我的心意不会改变 |
[55:42] | It must. | 必须改变 |
[55:44] | If not for your sake, then mine. | 如果不是为你 那考虑下我吧 |
[55:46] | Simon, we were seen. | 西蒙 有人看见我们了 |
[55:48] | Cressida Cowper witnessed us in the garden. | 克莉茜达·考珀看到我们再花园里了 |
[55:50] | She knows. | 她知道了 |
[55:52] | It is not merely your own life that hangs in the balance now. | 现在不仅是你一个人的名声命悬一线了 |
[55:55] | If you do not marry me, I shall be ruined. | 如果你不娶我 我就毁了 |
[56:00] | Daphne, I cannot. | 达芙妮 我做不到 |
[56:03] | Did you not hear me? | 你没听到我说的话吗 |
[56:05] | Someone knows what we have done, | 有人知道我们做了什么 |
[56:07] | someone who will surely talk. | 一个肯定会告诉别人的人 |
[56:11] | What possible reason could | 你到底为什么 |
[56:12] | you have to condemn me to shame and reproach? | 想要置我于这种耻辱和蒙羞的境地呢 |
[56:18] | Do you truly– | 你真的 |
[56:20] | Do you truly hold me in such low regard? | 你真的这么看低我吗 |
[56:22] | It is because I regard you so highly that I cannot marry you. | 正是因为我高看你 所以我无法娶你 |
[56:28] | I know you do not love me, | 我知道你不爱我 |
[56:31] | but I never thought you could despise me so. | 但我绝没想到你如此鄙夷我 |
[56:33] | Daphne… | 达芙妮 |
[56:39] | You must know, if we were to wed, | 你要知道 如果我们成婚 |
[56:43] | I can never give you children. | 我无法给你孩子 |
[56:47] | It is your dream to be a mother, is it not? | 你的梦想是成为母亲 不是吗 |
[56:51] | To have a household full of love and laughter, | 拥有一个充满爱和欢笑的家 |
[56:52] | like the one you have known all your life? | 就像你从小到大长大的家一样 |
[56:57] | You deserve nothing less. | 你也值得那些 |
[56:59] | You deserve everything your heart desires. | 你值得你心向往的一切 |
[57:04] | But I cannot provide it for you. | 但我没法给你那些 |
[57:07] | Nor could I ever ask such a sacrifice. | 我也不能让人为我牺牲 |
[57:10] | Please, Daphne, for your own sake, | 拜托 达芙妮 为了你自己 |
[57:14] | you must stand aside, | 你不能插手 |
[57:17] | and let your brother finish this. | 让你哥哥结束这一切 |
[57:21] | We must resume before someone should find us. | 我们必须在别人发现前继续决斗 |
[57:29] | There will be no need to resume. | 不需要继续了 |
[57:36] | The duke and I are to be married. | 公爵和我要结婚了 |