时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previous on Boston Legal… | |
[00:02] | I’m just trying to get an erection! | 我不过是想勃起而已 |
[00:04] | Well, who knows? Maybe it’s the mad cow. | 好吧 鬼晓得 或许是疯牛病的缘故 |
[00:06] | My penis has Alzheimer’s. | 我的小弟弟也老年痴呆了 |
[00:09] | Phoebe. | |
[00:10] | Alan. | |
[00:11] | Why drag this out beyond a time | 为什么我们还要如此拖延下去 |
[00:12] | we’re still attracted to each other? | 到那个时候我们或许不再会相互吸引了 |
[00:14] | I’m not attracted to you now. | 我已经不喜欢你了 |
[00:16] | Fine. Let’s go with that. | 很好 就当这样吧 |
[00:17] | Phoebe. | |
[00:18] | What happened? | 后来怎样了 |
[00:19] | I was in love with her. | 我爱上她了 |
[00:20] | That’ll kill the moment. | 这太破坏情绪了 |
[00:21] | And she loved me, | 她也爱我 |
[00:23] | just… not enough. | 只是…没那么深 |
[00:25] | Maybe it’s not too late. | 或许还为时不晚 |
[00:26] | She’s happily married with children. | 她结婚了 还有孩子 |
[00:50] | Denny Crane. | |
[01:04] | – Aah! | – 啊! – 啊! – Aah! |
[01:07] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[01:07] | I got scared. | 我害怕 |
[01:09] | Of what? | 怕什么 |
[01:10] | I heard banging. | 我听到砸门声 |
[01:11] | What banging? | 什么砸门声 |
[01:13] | That banging. | 那个砸门声 |
[01:14] | That’s a knock. | 那是敲门声 |
[01:16] | Answer it. | 去开门 |
[01:17] | Me? | 我么 |
[01:17] | You heard it. | 你听到的 |
[01:18] | You live here. | 你住这的 |
[01:23] | Never mind. We’ll both answer it. | 算了 我们一起去开门 |
[01:43] | Phoebe | Phoebe. |
[01:44] | Can I talk to you, Alan? It’s important. | 我能和你谈谈么 Alan 有很重要的事 |
[01:47] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[01:49] | The police just arrested my husband. | 警察刚逮捕了我丈夫 |
[01:50] | They… they showed up in the middle of the night. | 他们– 他们半夜来抓人 |
[01:52] | I tried to call you, but… but I guess | 我想给你打电话 但– 但我想 |
[01:53] | your phones are turned off, so… | 你可能关机了 所以… |
[01:56] | arrested him for what? | 为什么抓他 |
[01:58] | Murder. | 谋杀 |
[01:59] | Murder? | 谋杀 |
[02:00] | You’re the best lawyer that I know. So will you help? | 你是我认识的最棒的律师 你愿意帮忙么 |
[02:04] | Who’s he accused of killing? | 他被控杀了谁 |
[02:06] | One of his nurses. | 他的一个护士 |
[02:07] | I’m sorry, Alan, but this is my family here. | 对不起 Alan 但这牵涉到我的家庭 |
[02:10] | I… I need you. | 我…我需要你 |
[02:15] | This is gonna be a good one. | 这会是件好案子 |
[02:48] | So he’s in custody now? | 那么他现在被拘留了对么 |
[02:50] | Yeah, they’re arraigning him first up. | 是的 他们准备第一个提审他 |
[02:51] | It’s my opinion they purposely arrested him at night. | 我认为他们是故意在晚上抓他的 |
[02:55] | The district attorney involved loves gamesmanship, | 负责此案的地区检察官很喜欢玩花招 |
[02:57] | so you’ll have your work cut out for you. | 所以你们得有所准备 |
[03:05] | Can we talk about the case itself? | 我们谈谈案子好么 |
[03:07] | Well, my husband is one of the leading cardiologists | 好的 我丈夫是波士顿综合医院的 |
[03:10] | at Boston General. | 首席心脏病医生之一 |
[03:12] | Oh, isn’t he special? | 哦 他多牛呀 |
[03:15] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:16] | Uh, the victim is one of his former nurses. | 受害者是他以前的一位护士 |
[03:20] | She was found poisoned to death. | 她被人毒死了 |
[03:22] | They claim that he was having an affair with her. He wasn’t. | 他们说他们俩有一腿 但他没有 |
[03:25] | He had, briefly, in the past, but it was long over. | 过去他们有一段很短暂的关系 但很久前就结束了 |
[03:33] | I’m sorry. Could you excuse us for a second? | 对不起 等我们一会儿 |
[03:34] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[03:35] | Denny. | |
[03:37] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么鬼东西 |
[03:38] | What? | 什么 |
[03:39] | The rooster noise, and don’t pretend | 公鸡叫,别装无辜 |
[03:40] | you don’t know what I’m talking about. | 你不知道我在说什么 |
[03:41] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[03:42] | Denny, it’s coming from you. What the hell is it? | DENNY 是从你这里传来的声音 到底是什么 |
[03:45] | Well… you remember that little, uh, uh, uh, | 呃 你还记得 那个 呃 |
[03:49] | uh, blood flow issue I had? | 我血流量的小毛病么 |
[03:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:51] | The doctor has hooked me up to a monitor. | 医生给我安了个监控器 |
[03:54] | I’m supposed to keep a journal. | 我要做记录 |
[03:55] | A- any kind of blood flow, | 任何的血流量 |
[03:57] | I’m supposed to make a note. | 我都要做记录 |
[04:00] | – A monitor? – Yeah. | – 监控器 – 是的 |
[04:01] | Connected to… | 装在那… |
[04:02] | shh. Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:03] | One that sounds like a rooster? | 它的声音像公鸡叫 |
[04:04] | That’s just my ringtone. You can choose from many. | 那是我的铃声 有好几种选择 |
[04:07] | Iook, obviously this is a serious case. | 看 很明显 这事儿很严重 |
[04:09] | That’s why the doctor wants… | 所以医生要我– |
[04:11] | I’m talking about the murder. | 我说的是谋杀案 |
[04:14] | I do not want to be hearing from that thing. | 我不想听到它再响 |
[04:15] | Are you listening to me? | 你听明白了吗? |
[04:17] | I’ll put it on vibrate. | 我调到振动吧 |
[04:23] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[04:24] | So, uh… | 那么 呃 |
[04:26] | the arraignment’s tomorrow morning. | 明天早上提审 |
[04:27] | First up. | 第一个 |
[04:29] | The thing is, Alan, | 问题是 Alan |
[04:30] | they found evidence of him being present | 他们找到他去过她家的证据 |
[04:32] | at her house. Now he was there a week ago, | 他一周前去过她家 |
[04:35] | but not on the night of the murder. | 而不是谋杀案发生的那晚 |
[04:37] | Which was when? | 案发是哪天 |
[04:38] | Two nights ago. I’m surprised you haven’t heard about it. | 前天晚上 我很吃惊你没听说这件案子 |
[04:41] | It’s been all over the news. I mean, he is the top | 新闻报道铺天盖地 我的意思是 他是波斯顿综合医院的 |
[04:43] | cardiologist at Boston General. | 首席心脏病医生 |
[04:45] | Yes, you mentioned that. | 是的 你说过的 |
[04:47] | You say he once had an affair with the victim. | 你说他曾经和受害者有一腿 |
[04:50] | A while ago, yes, but it was over. | 以前 是的 但结束了 |
[04:52] | Well, if it was over, | 好吧 如果结束了 |
[04:53] | why was he at her house a week ago? | 为什么一周前他要去她家 |
[04:54] | He said that she was distraught, | 他说她发狂了 |
[04:56] | and he went there to calm her down. | 他过去让她平静下来 |
[04:59] | And you believe that? | 你相信他说的么 |
[05:00] | I do. | 是的 |
[05:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:02] | Plus, he has an alibi. | 另外 他有不在场证明 |
[05:04] | Which is? | 谁能证明 |
[05:05] | Me. He never left the house two nights ago. | 我 他前天晚上没有离开过家 |
[05:09] | Ah. | 啊 |
[05:12] | You’re sure? | 你确定么 |
[05:13] | Positive. | 绝对肯定 |
[05:18] | Hello. | 嘿 |
[05:23] | Denny Crane. | |
[05:42] | Mr. Shore! Mr. Crane! Mr. Shore! | Shore先生 Crane先生 Shore先生 |
[05:43] | Please excuse us. I have absolutely no comment. | 对不起 无可奉告 |
[05:45] | I have a comment. If you’ll go to dennycranelaw. com, | 我有话说 如果你们访问dennycranelaw.com网站的话 |
[05:48] | please, I will ask you | 拜托 我请求你们 |
[05:48] | – you’ll find candid photos of… – to respect my privacy. | – 你们会看到一些偷拍照片 – 尊重我的隐私 |
[05:50] | This is obviously a very difficult time. | 这是个很困难的时期 |
[05:52] | I can say unequivocally that my husband is innocent. | 可以断言我丈夫是清白的 |
[05:55] | If you’ll excuse us. | 对不起 |
[05:58] | I’d advise you not to talk to the press. | 我建议你不要和媒体说话 |
[06:00] | The D.A. is trying this case in the media, Alan… | 地区检察官希望借助媒体的力量 左右这个案子 Alan– |
[06:02] | even so. I mean, will you look at this? | 即便这样 我的意思是 你看看这架势 |
[06:04] | Well, it’s very high-profile. | 这案子众人瞩目 |
[06:06] | My husband is the leading cardiologist… | 我丈夫是首席心脏病医生 |
[06:07] | all right already. | 好吧 饶了我吧 |
[06:10] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:11] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[06:13] | This court is now in session. | 现在开庭 |
[06:14] | The honorable judge beacon presiding. | 由尊敬的Beacon法官审理 |
[06:20] | Let’s be clear right now. This is a courtroom, | 先声明一点 这是法庭 |
[06:23] | not a circus. | 不是马戏团 |
[06:24] | Anyone breaking its decorum is going to get spanked | 任何人破坏了法庭礼仪 |
[06:27] | by me personally. | 我会亲自把他屁股打开花 |
[06:30] | The clerk will call the case. | 请书记宣读案件 |
[06:31] | Number 3-2-8-5-9… commonwealth V. Robert I. Brooks | 序列 3-2-8-5-9– 州政府诉Robert L.Brooks |
[06:33] | on the felony count of murder in the first degree. | 罪名为一级谋杀 |
[06:36] | Good morning, your honor. Alan Shore for the defense. | 早上好 法官阁下 Alan Shore 进行辩护 |
[06:39] | My goodness. What a splendid turnout. | 我的天哪 有这么多人出席 |
[06:41] | We’ll waive reading of the charges | 我们放弃宣读指控 |
[06:43] | and enter a plea of not guilty. | 请求无罪辩护 |
[06:45] | I’d ask that you release my client on his own recognizance | 我请求您同意我的委托人自我取保候审 |
[06:47] | pending trial. My client is a respected doctor. | 因为他是位受人尊敬的医生 |
[06:50] | In fact, I’m told he’s the top cardiologist at Boston… | 事实上 我听说他是波士顿综合医院的顶尖 心脏病— |
[06:53] | Stewart Betts representing the state, your honor. | Stewart Betts 代表州政府 法官阁下 早上好 |
[06:55] | Good morning. We do not typically afford bail | 一级谋杀犯 |
[06:57] | to first-degree murders. | 不能被保释 |
[06:58] | My client has well-established roots in the Boston community. | 我的委托人已经深深扎根于波士顿 |
[07:01] | He’s certainly not a flight risk. He has no prior criminal record. | 他不会逃跑的 他也没有过犯罪记录. |
[07:05] | His being at large poses no real risk to society. | 让其重回社会并不会对其造成危害 |
[07:08] | I don’t know about Mr. Shore, your honor, | 我不知道Shore先生怎么想 法官阁下 |
[07:10] | but I think that the rest of the public | 但我认为其他民众 |
[07:13] | any murder… especially this murder, | 任何杀人凶手– 特别是这个杀人凶手 |
[07:15] | a devious murder to be a risk. | 一个阴险的杀人凶手视作威胁 |
[07:18] | I’m sorry. Did you use the word “murder” four or five times | 对不起 你上句话里用了4次还是 |
[07:21] | in that sentence? I’d hate to misquote you. | 5次”杀人凶手”这个词 我不想错误地引用你的话 |
[07:23] | Mr. Shore, would you like to be disciplined? | Shore先生 你想受罚么 |
[07:28] | Given the sophisticated methodology of this murder, | 鉴于此案是伪装成心脏病发 |
[07:30] | making it appear like a heart attack, | 犯罪手法狡诈 |
[07:32] | I’m persuaded that the defendant possesses | 我认为被告 |
[07:34] | the requisite craftiness to indeed escape this jurisdiction | 有能力轻而易举地逃脱管辖 |
[07:37] | with little effort if he so chooses. | 如果他想这么干的话 |
[07:39] | Gee, that sounded impartial. | 哦 听起来很公正 |
[07:41] | Bail is denied. | 拒绝保释 |
[07:42] | The defendant shall return to custody. We are adjourned. | 被告继续被羁押 休庭 |
[07:46] | I’ll be back to meet with you shortly. | 我很快会回来见你 |
[07:48] | In the meantime, please do not speak to anyone. | 同时 请不要和任何人谈话 |
[07:50] | Well done on bail. | 在保释上做得不错 |
[07:54] | He can be a bit chilly at first, but… | 他开始会有些冷冰冰的 但是 |
[07:57] | should we go and meet him? | 我们走吧 一起去见他好么 |
[07:59] | I’d like to sit with him alone, please. | 我想单独和他谈谈 |
[08:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:02] | Because I would. | 因为我想这样 |
[08:03] | I like to get a feel for those I defend. | 我想了解我辩护的对象 |
[08:05] | Denny, you need to stop your penis from humming. | DENNY 你得让你的小弟弟闭嘴 |
[08:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:18] | You want me to stay? | 需要我留下来么 |
[08:19] | I think I’m good. You don’t plan to kill me, | 我想我很好 你没打算杀我吧 |
[08:22] | do you? | 是么 |
[08:23] | We’ll see how it goes. | 那要看情况的发展了 |
[08:29] | So is it Robert or Bob? | 我该称你Robert 还是 Bob |
[08:33] | Robert. | |
[08:34] | So what can you tell me, Bob? | 所以你有什么能跟我说的 Bob |
[08:37] | I’m innocent. I did have a short-lived | 我是无辜的 我确实和她有过 |
[08:40] | relationship with her, | 短期的关系 |
[08:41] | which I broke off to her less-than-concealed dismay. | 而后便与她断绝了关系 当时她毫不掩饰脸上失望的表情 |
[08:46] | When you say “short-lived”? 17 days last autumn. | – 你说的“短期” – 去年秋天 17天 |
[08:51] | She was your nurse? | 她是你的护士 |
[08:53] | One of my nurses, yes. | 我的护士之一 是的 |
[08:57] | What occasioned the end of the affair? | 为什么断绝关系 |
[09:00] | You’re not curious as to what precipitated the beginning? | 你不好奇怎么开始的么 |
[09:03] | I’ve seen a picture of her. I can fill in that blank. | 我看过她的照片 可以想象的出来 |
[09:11] | Well, the affair’s end was occasioned | 我们结束来往是因为 |
[09:14] | by Ms. Ghoulet’s emotional instability. | GHOULET小姐的情绪很不稳定 |
[09:16] | She was becoming increasingly erratic, | 她越来越古怪 |
[09:18] | causing an unacceptable distraction for me at work. | 给我的工作带来了困扰 |
[09:21] | I severed the relationship and I sought to create a distance. | 我和她断绝了关系并保持距离 |
[09:26] | She was persistent. | 她却不肯放弃 |
[09:27] | I never saw her romantically again. | 我再也没有和她有过情事 |
[09:29] | I most certainly did not go to her home | 她死的那晚 |
[09:31] | the evening of her death, and I played no role | 我绝对没有去过她家 |
[09:33] | whatsoever in her death. | 她的死与我毫无关系 |
[09:37] | Questions? | 还有问题么 |
[09:40] | According to the incident report, you were seen by a neighbor | 根据调查报告 有邻居看见那晚你 |
[09:43] | at her house that night. | 在她家出现过 |
[09:44] | Neighbor’s mistaken. | 邻居搞错了 |
[09:47] | I was there several days before the murder. | 案发前几天我去过 |
[09:49] | I had gone in an attempt to defuse her emotions. | 我试图安抚她的情绪 |
[09:53] | I was not there on the murder night, | 案发那晚我没有去过 |
[09:56] | which my wife will confirm. | 我的妻子可以作证 |
[09:59] | Well, wives have been known to lie for their husbands. | 妻子经常会给丈夫做伪证的 |
[10:03] | The jury will find my wife very persuasive. | 陪审团会发现我的妻子很有说服力 |
[10:07] | Don’t you find her impressive, Mr. Shore? | 你不也觉得她极其出色吗 Shore先生 |
[10:15] | Denny, if this case comes down to his testimony… | DENNY 如果这件案子 要由他的证词决定的话 |
[10:21] | he’s incredibly unlikable. | 他真不讨人喜欢 |
[10:24] | All worked out then, didn’t it? | 这样不就合适了嘛 |
[10:26] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[10:27] | Alan, you didn’t really want to like this guy, did you? | Alan 你不想去喜欢这家伙 对么 |
[10:29] | No, but I do want to win the case. | 不 但我想赢这场官司 |
[10:30] | Really? | 真的么 |
[10:32] | Of course really. | 当然真的 |
[10:34] | What, do you think I’d purposely lose | 什么 你认为我会故意输了官司 |
[10:35] | so I could be with his wife? | 好和他妻子在一起 |
[10:37] | I would. | 我会 |
[10:38] | You would not. | 你不会 |
[10:40] | Your true love is your undefeated record. | 你的最爱是你的不败纪录 |
[10:42] | And your true love is her. | 但你的最爱是她 |
[10:47] | You know, Denny… | 你知道 Denny… |
[10:52] | I must admit, from time to time | 我承认 有时候 |
[10:56] | through the years, in various cases… | 这些年 在各种案件里 |
[11:02] | I’ve secretly fantasized that she was in the back of the room, | 我偷偷地幻想 她坐在房间后面 |
[11:07] | watching. | 看着我 |
[11:10] | Everything we do is all about impressing the girl, | 我们做的任何事 都是为了给姑娘留下印象 |
[11:13] | even when the girl isn’t there. | 即便姑娘不在那儿 |
[11:14] | But here, she will be there, | 但这次 她会在那儿 |
[11:16] | watching me. | 看着我 |
[11:20] | Relying on me, even. | 甚至依靠我 |
[11:23] | Alan, look at me. | Alan 看着我 |
[11:25] | At first I thought this would be fun, exciting. | 起初 我认为这会很有趣 令人激动 |
[11:30] | Now I’m telling you as your best friend, get out. | 现在我作为你最好的朋友给你个忠告 别干了 |
[11:33] | In defeat, you lose, | 败诉的话 你输了 |
[11:35] | disappointing the one woman you’ve really loved. | 令你最爱的女人失望 |
[11:39] | In victory… | 胜了的话 |
[11:41] | she walks away with her husband… | 她会和他丈夫离开 |
[11:46] | which isn’t you. | 而不是你 |
[12:01] | Okay, at first the coroner ruled natural causes, | 好的 一开始验尸官认为是自然死亡 |
[12:04] | and you can pretty much see why. | 原因很明显 |
[12:06] | Not a Mark on her. | 身上没有任何痕迹 |
[12:07] | Except for this mole here. | 除了这里这颗痣 |
[12:09] | It’s spectacular. Can I touch it? | 很特别 我能摸一下么 |
[12:15] | But once they tumbled to the affair, | 但发现外遇之后 |
[12:16] | they decided to look again. | 他们决定再检查一次 |
[12:19] | That’s when they found this. | 这次他们发现了这个 |
[12:22] | You can see the needle Mark here on the thigh. | 你可以看到大腿上有个针眼 |
[12:24] | Succinylcholine. The beauty is, | 琥珀酰胆碱 优点是 |
[12:27] | it basically disappears from the system within minutes. | 它在进入身体后片刻就会消失 |
[12:30] | And best of all, | 最棒的是 |
[12:31] | the symptoms mimic a heart attack. | 症状和心脏病发一样 |
[12:32] | And it kills you immediately? | 它能立刻杀死你么 |
[12:34] | First paralysis, then death. | 先瘫痪 后死亡 |
[12:36] | It’s likely she woke up when she got jabbed, | 很可能她在被注射的时候醒过来了 |
[12:38] | but going into paralysis, nothing she could do… | 但是她瘫痪了 除了看着杀手走出大门之外 |
[12:41] | except watch her killer walk out the door. | 什么也做不了 |
[12:45] | Any semen? | 有精液么 |
[12:46] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[12:50] | No semen was found. | 没发现精液 |
[12:51] | Saliva or hair? | 唾液或毛发呢 |
[12:53] | Nothing found on the body. Almost the perfect crime. | 尸体上没有发现任何东西 几乎是完美犯罪 |
[12:57] | Whoever did this was one smart guy. | 不管谁干的 他很聪明 |
[13:03] | The neighbor’s house is here, meaning his sight line is this way, | 邻居的房子在这儿 意味着他的视线是这个方向 |
[13:07] | which basically means he’d see cars from the front | 考虑到街道的走向 |
[13:09] | given the cue of the street. | 这意味着他看到车子的正面 |
[13:11] | What’s the lighting like? | 周围光线如何 |
[13:12] | Well, a street lamp here, | 这里有盏街灯 |
[13:14] | so it’s not great. | 所以 光线不太强 |
[13:16] | So if we can shake this witness, then everything else | 所以如果我们能打击目击证人的可信度 接下来其它事情 |
[13:18] | is completely circumstantial, right? | 都是间接证据 对么 |
[13:21] | Phoebe, they can place him at the scene with forensics. | Phoebe 现场证据能证明他在案发现场 |
[13:23] | Not that night. | 不是那晚 |
[13:24] | No, the neighbor does that. | 不 邻居看到了 |
[13:27] | Your husband had a romantic history with the victim. | 你丈夫和受害者有过罗曼史 |
[13:29] | The victim’s mother will testify as to threats he made. | 受害者的母亲证明你丈夫恐吓过她 |
[13:31] | She’s lying. | 她撒谎 |
[13:32] | Yes, according to your husband. | 是的 你丈夫是这么说的 |
[13:35] | Whoever did this clearly has medical expertise. | 不管谁干的 很明显具有医疗专业知识 |
[13:38] | Add to that… | 另外 |
[13:39] | add to that what? | 另外什么 |
[13:41] | The jury will hate him. | 陪审团会讨厌他 |
[13:45] | Meaning you hate him. | 意味着你讨厌他 |
[13:47] | My feelings aren’t relevant. | 我的感觉与此无关 |
[13:48] | Oh, come on, Alan. | 哦 得了吧 Alan |
[13:50] | Your feelings aren’t in play here? | 这和你的感觉完全没关系吗 |
[13:57] | I think that if you look at this case clinically, | 我想如果你从专业的角度来看这件案子 |
[13:59] | you will appreciate that the prosecution’s case is very weak. | 你会发现诉讼理由很薄弱 |
[14:03] | The evidence is all circumstantial. The victim had other affairs. | 证据都是间接的 受害者还有别的情人 |
[14:07] | Which we can’t prove. | 我们都不能证明 |
[14:08] | And my husband has an alibi. | 我丈夫有不在场证明 |
[14:12] | The testimony of a devoted wife is rarely winning. | 一位深爱丈夫的妻子 的证词很少能被取信 |
[14:17] | I don’t think the jury will believe you. | 我不认为陪审团会相信你 |
[14:22] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我么 |
[14:27] | No. | 不 |
[14:30] | I know you. | 我了解你 |
[14:31] | You would never forgive him for having the affair. | 你永远不会原谅他干的这件事 |
[14:37] | In fact, if memory serves me, you can be quite punishing | 事实上 我没记错的话 在这种事上 |
[14:41] | on that subject. | 你没有那么大度 |
[14:42] | It’s different when you have kids. | 一旦有了孩子就不同了 |
[14:43] | Yes, and your children need their father around. | 是的 你的孩子需要父亲在身边 |
[14:47] | So you’re willing to do whatever you can | 所以你会竭尽所能 |
[14:49] | to keep him out of jail, including lie for him | 避免他进监狱 包括在证人席上 |
[14:51] | in the witness chair. | 为他撒谎 |
[14:54] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[14:56] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[15:01] | Well, clearly… | 很明显 |
[15:02] | I need to get another attorney. | 我需要换个律师 |
[15:10] | If we agree to plead to manslaughter… | 如果我们承认误杀 |
[15:12] | absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[15:14] | That’s your husband’s decision. | 那是你丈夫的决定 |
[15:15] | And I know exactly what that will be. | 我知道那会是什么 |
[15:18] | There will be no guilty plea. | 我们绝不认罪 |
[15:22] | This wasn’t a heat-of-passion crime, Phoebe. | 这不是冲动犯罪 Phoebe |
[15:26] | It was… | 它是 |
[15:28] | calculated… cold. | 精心策划…冷血之极 |
[15:34] | Do you trust this man? | 你信任这个男人么 |
[15:38] | How about around your children? | 对你的孩子怎样 |
[15:40] | He would never hurt the children. | 他从不会伤害孩子们 |
[15:44] | And he did not… | 他也不会 |
[15:46] | commit this crime, however much you’re determined | 犯下这种罪行 不管你们 |
[15:49] | to believe otherwise. | 怎么想 |
[15:58] | You still love me, Alan… | 你还爱着我 ALAN… |
[16:03] | as do I you. | 我也还爱着你 |
[16:08] | You… | 你… |
[16:10] | you don’t think that I want to believe | 你不认为有时候 |
[16:12] | that he’s guilty sometimes? | 我也想相信他是有罪的么 |
[16:15] | It would be so easy to. I mean… I am | 这就很容易 我的意思是…我 |
[16:20] | still angry over the affair. Of course I am. | 依旧很生气他们俩的事 我当然生气 |
[16:23] | And sometimes I think it would just be easier if I… | 有时候我想 那样会更容易 |
[16:28] | if I just ditched everything and… | 如果我抛下一切 |
[16:31] | including him… | 包括他 |
[16:34] | and took off to some Island with… | 和我的旧男友一起 |
[16:37] | with an old boyfriend that I’ve never… | 到一个小岛上 |
[16:41] | don’t. | 别这样 |
[16:43] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[16:44] | Do not make that mistake. | 别再犯那样的错误了 |
[16:48] | You need to protect yourself, Alan… | 你要保护你自己 Alan… |
[16:53] | because when this trial is over… | 因为当案子结束 |
[16:56] | I will be walking away with him. | 我会和他一起离开 |
[17:02] | My family is my life. | 家庭就是我的生命 |
[17:14] | I know she was afraid of him because she told me so. | 我知道她害怕他 因为她告诉过我 |
[17:17] | She was in a very excitable state when she did so. | 那时候她非常激动 |
[17:20] | She said, “mom, I’m scared to death of him.” | 她说”妈妈 我怕他怕的要死” |
[17:24] | Why did your daughter fear the defendant, Mrs. Ghoulet? | 为什么你的女儿害怕被告 Ghoulet太太 |
[17:27] | She threatened to tell his wife that they had resumed the affair. | 她威胁说要告诉他妻子他们旧情复燃 |
[17:31] | What else did your daughter tell you? | 你女儿还告诉你什么了 |
[17:32] | She said he said, | 她说他说 |
[17:34] | “if you do tell her, you will pay for it.” | “如果你告诉她的话 你要付出代价” |
[17:41] | Very dramatic. Probably see it on the news. | 非常戏剧化 从新闻上看是这样的 |
[17:45] | You like being on the news? | 你喜欢上新闻吗 |
[17:46] | Oh, you think I enjoy talking about my daughter’s murder? | 哦 你认为我喜欢谈论我女儿被谋杀么 |
[17:49] | Well, I see you a lot on TV. Almost as much as him. | – 恩 我看见你频繁上镜 – 和他一样频繁 |
[17:51] | Not that much. | 没他频繁 |
[17:52] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[17:56] | Uh, Phyllis… may I call you Phyllis? | 呃 Phyllis– 我可以叫你 Phyllis么 |
[18:01] | Oh, my God. | 哦 老天 |
[18:03] | Uh, when your, uh, daughter told you | 呃 当你的 呃 女儿告诉你 |
[18:05] | that she feared my client, were you worried? | 她害怕我的委托人 你担心么 |
[18:08] | Of course I was. | 我当然担心 |
[18:09] | Did you tell anybody? Surely you told somebody? | 你有告诉其他人么 你肯定告诉某人了 |
[18:11] | A friend, a relative, a- a mental health specialist? | 一个朋友 一个亲戚 一个-一个心理健康专家 |
[18:14] | Objection. | 反对 |
[18:15] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[18:16] | Phyllis… did you make up this little story? | PHYLLIS…你有没有在编故事 |
[18:20] | No, I did not. | 没有 我没有 |
[18:21] | You’re a disgusting person. | 你真是个恶心的家伙 |
[18:26] | I don’t like being called disgusting. | 我不喜欢被人称作恶心 |
[18:28] | Did you ever call your daughter disgusting? | 你曾经说过你女儿恶心么 |
[18:32] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[18:35] | I have a copy of a letter here that you wrote to your daughter | 我这里有一封你写给女儿的信的复印件 |
[18:38] | shortly before her death. | 在她死前不久 |
[18:40] | The, uh, prosecution has the letter, | 检方拥有这封信 |
[18:43] | and they mistakenly forgot to produce it during discovery. | 但是他们错误地忘记了在证物中列出来 |
[18:46] | Oversight. Would you read the highlighted section, please? | 不小心遗漏了 你愿意读一下加亮的部分么 |
[18:51] | And don’t forget to project. There’s a camera back there. | 别忘了要大声点 后面在录像 |
[18:53] | Objection. | 反对 |
[18:58] | The highlighted section, please. | 加亮部分 请 |
[19:06] | “You never call. “You’re too busy running around | “你从来不打电话 “你总是忙于围着 |
[19:09] | with all your married men. | 你那些已婚男人打转” |
[19:11] | “You’re a disgraceful, disgusting whore.” | “你是个可耻的 恶心的娼妓” |
[19:23] | No evidence of anybody else being present in the home | 没有证据表明除了受害者和被告 |
[19:26] | except for the victim and the defendant. | 房子里有其它人出现过 |
[19:28] | Sounds like sloppy work for the defendant to leave | 听起来像是被告粗心大意 |
[19:30] | his prints behind. | 留下指纹的 |
[19:31] | He didn’t. Not really. We only found a few | 他没有 不是这样的 我们只找到一些 |
[19:33] | old prints here and there. | 旧的指纹 |
[19:35] | The crime scene was otherwise conspicuously meticulous. | 除此之外 犯罪现场极度整洁 |
[19:39] | It causes cardiac arrest, ventricular dysrhythmia. | 它会引发心脏停跳 心律不齐 |
[19:43] | It quickly degrades. It’s very difficult to detect | 它很快会降解 几小时后 |
[19:45] | after a few hours. | 就很难检测得到 |
[19:46] | Sounds like the perfect drug if you’re looking | 听起来像是它是用来谋杀的 |
[19:48] | to get away with murder. | 最完美的药物 |
[19:50] | It is. | 是的 |
[19:51] | She never told me she was afraid of him, | 她从未告诉过我她害怕他 |
[19:53] | but she did she say she was thinking about telling his wife | 但是她却是说过正考虑要不要 |
[19:56] | about the affair. | 告诉他妻子他们俩的事 |
[19:57] | Were there other men to your knowledge? | 你知道有其他的男人么 |
[19:59] | There were certainly rumors of others. | 当然有关于其他人的传言 肯定有还有其他人的传言 |
[20:01] | She, of course, never brought them around the hospital. | 当然 她从来没把他们带到医院来过 她当然从未带他们来医院 |
[20:03] | I’d seen his car many times. | 我见过很多次他的车 |
[20:05] | And you saw it the night of the murder? | 你在凶案发生的那晚见到了么? |
[20:07] | Yes. I’d gotten up to go to the bathroom. | 是的 我正起来要去厕所 |
[20:11] | L- I looked out the window. I saw it. | 我-我从窗户向外望去 我看到了那辆车 |
[20:14] | You first told the police you weren’t sure. | 你开始的时候告诉警方你并不确定 |
[20:17] | Well, it had happened a few days earlier, and I had to think back. | 嗯 那是几天前的事了 我必须得回想一下 |
[20:21] | I did, and I am sure I saw it that night. | 我想过了 我肯定是在那晚见到的 |
[20:25] | Hmm. Ever see any other cars go into that driveway on other nights? | 嗯 别的晚上有没有见过其他车 开进车道呢? |
[20:29] | Oh, many times. | 哦 很多次了 |
[20:31] | Um, Ms. Ghoulet had a very… diverse recreational life. | 嗯 Ghoulet女士过着… 多种多样的娱乐生活 |
[20:40] | What do you mean I shouldn’t testify? | 你说我不能出庭作证是什么意思? |
[20:42] | My feeling is it would be a disaster. | 我感觉那会是一场灾难 |
[20:45] | The prosecution would pick you apart over the affair. | 原告律师会因为婚外情的事对你 百般刁难的 |
[20:48] | And all you can do, really, | 真的 你所能做的就是 |
[20:49] | is say that you didn’t go to the victim’s house that night, | 说那天晚上你没有去过受害人的家 |
[20:52] | and we have Phoebe to say that. | Phoebe会这么说的 |
[20:55] | Well, I’m not an attorney, but I would think at a minimum, | 嗯 我不是律师 但是我认为起码 |
[20:58] | a defendant need take the stand to deny the crime for which he is charged. | 被告需要出庭作证否认他被起诉的罪名 |
[21:01] | You would be wrong. | 你是错的 |
[21:03] | Come on. You’re guilty as sin. You don’t fool us. | 拜托 你就是有罪的 你骗不了我们 |
[21:06] | You won’t fool a jury. Stop being such a baby. | 你也骗不了陪审团 别耍小孩子脾气了 |
[21:10] | Tell me, Bob, had you resumed the affair? | 告诉我吧 Bob 你恢复那段婚外情了么? |
[21:16] | Just a yes or no question. | 回答是或不是就好了 |
[21:19] | No. | 不是 |
[21:21] | I think we’ll skip your testimony. | 我认为我们要跳过你的证词 |
[21:24] | Are you in love with my wife, Mr. Shore? | 你是不是喜欢我老婆啊 Shore先生? |
[21:28] | Just a yes or no question. | 回答是或不是就好了 |
[21:42] | He strikes me as a very difficult man to love. | 就我看来 他实在很难让人对他产生爱慕之心 |
[21:48] | Well, that seems to be my curse. I fall for difficult men. | 嗯 那是上天对我的诅咒 我容易为难相处的男人着迷 |
[21:57] | – It doesn’t look good, does it? – It looks terrible. | – 看上去不好 不是么? – 是很糟糕 |
[22:03] | We’ve still got reasonable doubt. | 我们还是有合理的疑惑 |
[22:08] | Phoebe, our entire defense is you. | Phoebe 我们就靠你了 |
[22:13] | You have to persuade the jury tomorrow. | 你明天一定要说服陪审团 |
[22:16] | And I’m sorry, but I have to say this… | 很抱歉 但我不得不说– |
[22:18] | you need to do a much better job persuading them than you have so far persuading me. | 你要说服他们的话 需要比目前 说服我做得更好 |
[22:25] | Or me. | 或者我 |
[22:35] | The Robert brooks trial winds down today | 对Robert Brooks的审判今天继续 |
[22:36] | with the defendant’s wife, Phoebe prentice, taking the stand. | 被告的妻子 Phoebe Prentice 将要出庭作证 |
[22:40] | She’s of course expected to say that her husband never left the house | 她当然希望证明她的丈夫 在Isabelle Ghoulet被谋杀的那晚 |
[22:44] | on the night of Isabelle Ghoulet’s murder. | 从来没有离开过家 |
[22:47] | Denny Crane. Step aside. Mr. Crane! | Denny Crane 靠边 Crane先生! |
[22:48] | Not wearing underwear. Not pretty. No comment. | 没穿内裤 不漂亮 不发表评论 |
[22:52] | You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, | 发誓你要讲真话 所有及其全部的实情 |
[22:54] | so help you God? | 以上帝为证? |
[22:55] | – I do. – Be seated. | – 是的 – 请坐 |
[23:01] | Ms. Prentice, you’re married to the defendant, Dr. Robert brooks? | Prentice女士 你是被告Robert Brooks医生的妻子么? |
[23:05] | I am. | 是的 |
[23:05] | – And how long have you been so? – 16 years. | – 你们结婚多久了? – 16年 |
[23:09] | I imagine this has been quite an ordeal for you. | 我想这一定是对你严峻的考验 |
[23:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:15] | Do you love your husband? | 你爱你的丈夫么? |
[23:18] | Very much. | 非常爱 |
[23:20] | So in the interest of fairness, it should be said, | 那么为了公平起见 应该这么说 |
[23:22] | you have a strong bias here. | 你是有很强烈的偏爱的 |
[23:25] | I do. | 是的 |
[23:27] | Not withstanding that bias, | 如果依然怀有此种偏爱 |
[23:28] | you understand that your testimony today is subject | 你知道你将因今天的证词而受到 |
[23:31] | to the pains and penalties of perjury? | 伪证的刑罚么? |
[23:34] | I do. | 知道 |
[23:35] | Then let’s cut right to the Chase, shall we? | 那么我们就切入正题吧 好么? |
[23:37] | Because we’re all dying to know, | 我们都非常急切的想知道 |
[23:39] | where were you on the night Isabelle Ghoulet was murdered? | Isabelle Ghoulet被杀的那晚你在哪儿? |
[23:43] | Well, I arrived home from work a little after 7:00, | 嗯 我7点过一点儿下班回家 |
[23:46] | which was my routine. | 我一向如此 |
[23:48] | We like to have dinner as a family. | 我们喜欢一家人一起吃饭 |
[23:50] | It’s a ritual we’re very conscientious about. | 我们都一直认真的按这一习惯办事 |
[23:53] | – You, your husband and your two children? – That’s right. | – 你 你丈夫 和你们的两个孩子么? – 没错 |
[23:55] | And after dinner? | 晚饭后呢? |
[23:57] | My kids did their homework. It was a school night. | 孩子们做作业 明天还得上学 |
[24:00] | And Robert did some work in his den, | Robert在他的书房做事 |
[24:02] | and I think that I did some laundry or something. | 我记得我是在衣服还是什么的 |
[24:06] | Um, then at about 10:00, my kids went to bed. | 嗯 之后大约十点 我的孩子们去睡了 |
[24:09] | And… Robert and I had a glass of wine, | 而…Robert和我喝了杯酒 |
[24:13] | we watched some news, | 我们看了看新闻 |
[24:15] | and, uh, then he took a sleeping pill, | 还有 呃 之后他吃了片安眠药 |
[24:18] | which he invariably does, | 他总是这么做 |
[24:20] | and we went to sleep. | 然后我们就去睡了 |
[24:22] | It was pretty uneventful. | 一切都没什么特别的 |
[24:24] | – You stayed in all night? – That’s correct. | – 你整晚都没出去过么? – 是的 |
[24:27] | Did your husband leave the house? | 你丈夫离开过家么? |
[24:42] | Ms. Prentice, did your husband leave the house? | Prentice女士 你丈夫离开过家么? |
[24:52] | I’m sorry, your honor. | 我很抱歉 法官大人 |
[24:54] | Uh… could I please take a short break? | 呃…我能稍微休息一下么? |
[24:56] | No, I-I think you should answer the question, ma’am. | 不 我-我觉得你应该回答问题 夫人 |
[24:58] | Did your husband leave the house that night? | 你丈夫那天晚上离开过家么? |
[25:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:13] | Your honor, I’d like a short recess to confer with my client. | 法官大人 我要求短暂的休庭 我需要和我的当事人谈谈 |
[25:15] | Not gonna happen. When did he leave? | 不可能的 他什么时候离开的? |
[25:19] | I don’t know. I, uh… | 我不知道 我 呃… |
[25:22] | I woke up after midnight. | 我12点以后醒来过 |
[25:25] | – Your honor, I need to confer with my client. – Mr. Shore, be quiet. | – 法官大人 我要和我的当事人谈谈 – Shore先生 请安静 |
[25:28] | Do you know where he went? | 你知道他去哪儿了么? |
[25:34] | No, I did not know. | 不 不知道 |
[25:37] | When did he get home? | 他什么时候回家的呢? |
[25:38] | Some time after 3:00. | 3点以后吧 |
[25:43] | Your honor, this is unfair surprise. She… | 法官大人 这是不合理的突发情况 她– |
[25:44] | – it’s your witness. – I don’t care. | – 她是你的证人 – 我不在乎 |
[25:46] | We’re fast approaching grounds for a mistrial. | 我们正面临着无效审判 |
[25:48] | You need to give me a recess. | 你得给我一段时间 |
[25:52] | All right. We’re going to take a 1-hour break. | 好吧 休庭一小时 |
[25:56] | What the hell was that? | 那到底是什么意思? |
[25:57] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[25:59] | If your intent was to bury him, why’d you hire me? | 如果你一开始就想葬送他的话 干吗要找我呢? |
[26:01] | To reconnect, so you’d be there for her when her husband went off to jail. | 再联系呗 她丈夫进监狱以后你会陪在她身边 |
[26:04] | That isn’t true. | 不是那样的 |
[26:05] | Yes, it is. You love Alan. Do you deny it? | 是的 就是 你爱Alan 你敢否认么? |
[26:09] | I hired Alan to secure my husband’s freedom. | 我请Alan来让我的丈夫获得自由 |
[26:12] | That was my intent. | 那是我的初衷 |
[26:13] | I wanted to preserve my family at whatever cost. | 我要不惜一切代价维护我的家庭 |
[26:16] | 那怎么变了呢? | |
[26:19] | Well, I suddenly thought, if… | 嗯 我突然想到 如果… |
[26:21] | if I commit perjury, what if I go to jail? | 如果我因为作伪证进了监狱怎么办? |
[26:25] | Who raises my kids then? I mean, they could be… | 谁来抚养我的孩子们呢? 我的意思是 他们可能会– |
[26:28] | they could be faced with losing both their father and their mother and… | 他们可能会面对同时失去爸爸和妈妈… |
[26:32] | plus, I… | 另外 我… |
[26:34] | plus what? | 怎么? |
[26:37] | I really believed that the affair was over, Alan. | 我真的以为那段婚外情结束了 Alan |
[26:39] | I did. But it wasn’t. | 真的 但是并没结束 |
[26:43] | Now how am I supposed to lie for somebody who’s not even faithful to me? | 那么 我要怎么去为了 一个对我不忠的人撒谎呢? |
[27:02] | So, Bob, we need to talk. | 所以 Bob 我们得谈谈了 |
[27:20] | – You okay? – I’m fine. | – 你还好吧? – 我没事儿 |
[27:24] | – You want me to take this? – I’ll take it. | – 你要让我来处理么? – 我能搞定 |
[28:08] | First of all, I admire your honesty. | 首先 我钦佩你的诚实 |
[28:12] | To give testimony against somebody you love… | 对你爱的人做出不利的证词… |
[28:18] | we all witnessed an extraordinary thing. | 我们都见证了一件非比寻常的事情 |
[28:23] | Of course, you didn’t have to give that testimony. | 当然 你不必做那样的证词的 |
[28:28] | While it’s true you were under oath, | 尽管你在法庭上宣誓要说实话 |
[28:30] | you also enjoy a privilege as the defendant’s spouse | 你作为被告的配偶也可以享有 |
[28:34] | to not give evidence against him. | 不做不利于其证词的特权 |
[28:38] | Well, as I said, I didn’t plan to, | 嗯 正如我所说的 我没打算这么做的 |
[28:39] | but once I took the stand, | 但是一旦我出庭作证 |
[28:41] | I felt that I’d effectively waived that privilege, so… | 我觉得我实际上 放弃了那项特权 所以… |
[28:45] | ah. | 啊 |
[28:48] | I guess the other conclusion would be that perhaps | 我猜另一个结论就是或许 |
[28:51] | you really did want to testify against him. | 你真的想做对他不利的证词 |
[28:56] | Did you? | 是么? |
[28:58] | You know I didn’t. | 你知道我没有 |
[29:02] | Ms. Prentice, | Prentice女士 |
[29:04] | have you undergone any psychiatric treatment of late | 你最近有没有因为病态人格 |
[29:07] | for a personality disorder? | 接受过治疗? |
[29:12] | I’ve never been diagnosed… | 我从来没有被诊断说… |
[29:14] | with any personality disorder. | 有任何的病态人格 |
[29:17] | That wasn’t my question. | 那并不是我的问题 |
[29:18] | I asked whether you’ve been treated recently for one. | 我是问你最近有没有接受过治疗 |
[29:23] | My medical history is private. | 我的医疗史是保密的 |
[29:26] | But I will repeat | 但是我想重复的是 |
[29:28] | that I’ve never been diagnosed with a personality disorder. | 我从来没有被诊断出病态人格过 |
[29:34] | Would you consider yourself to be a violent person, Ms. Prentice? | 你觉得自己是一个暴力的人么 Prentice女士 |
[29:38] | No. | 不 |
[29:39] | Have you ever been violent? Well, | 你曾经有没有过暴力的举动呢? 嗯 |
[29:40] | I’m sure everyone’s lost his or her temper, but… | 我肯定每个人都有发脾气的时候 但是… |
[29:43] | ever lost yours with a knife? | 你发脾气时有没有用刀呢? |
[29:49] | Am I being too vague? | 我没说清楚么? |
[29:50] | Have you ever lost your temper with a knife | 你发脾气时有没有用刀么 |
[29:53] | with your 9-year-old daughter? | 用来对付你九岁的女儿? |
[29:57] | – No. – No Gee. | – 没有 – 没有? 天啊 |
[30:00] | For someone with such a strong obligation | 对一个有如此大的责任的人 |
[30:03] | to tell the truth under oath, that answer surprises me. | 要在法庭上宣誓说实话 这个答案真的让我惊讶 |
[30:07] | Did you not threaten your 9-year-old daughter | 你在她把葡萄汁洒在你新的客厅地毯上后 |
[30:09] | with a knife after she spilled grape juice on your new living room carpet? | 没有用刀恐吓你九岁的女儿么? |
[30:14] | I snapped at her while I had a knife in my hand. | 我是对她大声喊 当时手里拿着刀 |
[30:18] | Wasn’t it more like you were watching television, | 难道不是你在看电视 |
[30:20] | she spilled the juice, you flew into a rage, | 她把果汁洒了 你突然大发脾气 |
[30:23] | went into the kitchen, returned with paper towels | 冲进厨房 带着纸巾 |
[30:26] | and the knife and threatened her? | 和刀子出来 然后恐吓她么? |
[30:28] | Wasn’t it more like that? | 难道不是这样么? |
[30:29] | I never threatened her with a knife. | 我从来没有用刀恐吓过她 |
[30:34] | A few minutes ago in that witness room, | 几分钟前在证人室 |
[30:36] | you indicated to me that you had now reached the conclusion | 你向我表示你现在得出了结论 |
[30:39] | that your husband had resumed his affair with Ms. Ghoulet. | 你的丈夫又和 Ghoulet小姐恢复了婚外情 |
[30:43] | – Did you not? – Yes. | – 不是么? – 是的 |
[30:44] | In truth, you reached that conclusion a week before the murder | 实际上 你在凶案发生前一周 就已经得出这样的结论了 |
[30:48] | when Ms. Ghoulet told you the affair was back on, right? | 是Ghoulet小姐告诉 你那段关系又恢复了 对吧? |
[30:51] | This time, you fucked up the knife and threatened your husband. | 这次 你拿起刀恐吓你的丈夫 |
[30:54] | No. | 没有 |
[30:55] | You told him you would kill him, didn’t you? | 你告诉他说你要杀了他 不是么? |
[30:57] | No. | 不是 |
[30:57] | Then you said you’d think of something even better than killing him, | 之后你说你想出了比杀了他更好的办法 |
[31:00] | – didn’t you, Phoebe? – No. | – 不是么 Phoebe? – 不是 |
[31:02] | You testified that Robert took a sleeping pill that night. | 你作证说Robert那天晚上吃了安眠药 |
[31:05] | Did he unknowingly take two or three extra, | 他是不是不知不觉的多吃了两三片 |
[31:07] | – maybe in his wine? – That’s ridiculous. | – 也许是放在酒里的? – 太荒谬了 |
[31:10] | You were driving the car that pulled into Ms. Ghoulet’s driveway that night, | 那晚你开车停在Ghoulet小姐的停车道上 |
[31:13] | and you gave her the injection that killed her, | 你给她注射并杀了她 |
[31:15] | knowing full well the police would suspect him. | 你很清楚警方会怀疑他 |
[31:18] | – Your honor, this is… – sit down, Mr. Betts. | – 阁下 这– – 坐下 Betts先生 |
[31:20] | And you didn’t just frame him and bury him at trial. | 你并不仅仅诬陷他 在审讯中葬送他 |
[31:23] | You added the indignity of having an old boyfriend be part of the equation. | 你还让你的旧情人在此事中扮演 举足轻重的角色 这种手法实在是极度低劣 |
[31:27] | One might find that to be a little sick. | 大家一定会觉得这很恶心 |
[31:29] | You know, he is the sick one. | 你知道 他才是让人恶心的 |
[31:33] | And he has concocted this fantastic tale… | 他捏造了一个完美的故事… |
[31:39] | to get away with murder. | 来逃避谋杀的处罚 |
[31:45] | You don’t look well, Phoebe. | 你看上去不太好 Phoebe |
[31:48] | You’re diabetic. | 你有糖尿病 |
[31:51] | How do you get your insulin? | 你是怎么得使用胰岛素的? |
[31:57] | Injections. | 注射 |
[31:59] | Pretty good with needles then. | 那么用针一定很熟练咯 |
[32:15] | Spectacular performance. | 表现相当精彩啊 |
[32:17] | But I must say, I’m not surprised. | 但是我必须要说 我并不感到惊讶 |
[32:20] | Mr. Shore is legendary | Shore先生是一个传奇 |
[32:22] | for his stunts and spellbinding maneuvers | 因为他的绝技和引人入胜的本领 |
[32:25] | that no doubt dazzle his audiences, but… | 那无疑会让他的观众感到炫目 但是– |
[32:27] | – I object to my sex life being introduced… – Mr. Shore. | – 我反对提及我的性生活– – Shore先生 |
[32:32] | You see? This is what he does. | 看到了么?他就是这么做的 |
[32:35] | He distracts, he uses sleight of hand, | 他分散别人的注意力 他耍花招 |
[32:37] | he manipulates. But all of these ploys… | 他熟练操控 但是所有这么手法… |
[32:41] | they come from desperation. | 它们都是由绝望而生 |
[32:44] | All the physical evidence points to the doctor, | 所有的物证都指向医生 |
[32:47] | and it took the expertise of a doctor to make it look like a heart attack, didn’t it? | 使这一切看起来像心脏病需要 医生的专业知识 不是么? |
[32:52] | The doctor was romantically involved with the victim. | 医生和受害者又有着性关系 |
[32:55] | The doctor is the one who threatened the victim. | 医生就是恐吓受害者的人 |
[32:58] | Mr. Shore had no choice but to reach into his magic hat | Shore先生除了伸入他的魔法帽里 |
[33:02] | and grope for something | 试图寻找一些 |
[33:04] | that he could pass off as reasonable doubt. | 能够勉强作为合理性怀疑的东西 |
[33:09] | Well… | 嗯… |
[33:11] | there’s desperation and there is… desperation. | 那就是绝望还有…绝望 |
[33:19] | Let’s all get real. | 我们都现实点儿吧 |
[33:25] | I wouldn’t even know where to begin to get real. | 我都不知道怎么现实 |
[33:28] | It’s so hard to believe | 实在难以相信 |
[33:30] | that any of this could possibly be real. | 所有这些可能会是真的 |
[33:35] | It’s so implausible, | 如此难以置信 |
[33:37] | so fantastic, so utterly… | 如此荒诞 如此… |
[33:43] | Phoebe. | |
[33:48] | Whether she suddenly chose to bury her husband while on the stand, | 不管她是突然改变主意决定在 法庭上葬送她的丈夫 |
[33:52] | or whether it was part of some master plot, I don’t know. | 抑或是某种精巧计划的一部分 我不得而知 |
[33:55] | But she buried him. | 但是她葬送了他 |
[33:58] | There is no disputing that. | 毫无疑问 |
[34:00] | This crime was executed with Machiavellian efficiency | 这是一起一石多鸟的 被精确实施的罪案 |
[34:05] | by a woman who not only had plenty of motive, | 其凶手是一个不仅仅有充分的动机 |
[34:08] | but is also quite handy with needles. | 还很熟悉用针的女人 |
[34:11] | True, there was no forensic evidence | 当然 没有刑侦证据 |
[34:14] | to prove she was at the scene, | 证明她当时在场 |
[34:16] | but you heard the detective. | 但是你们听到警探所说的了 |
[34:18] | He said the house was, “conspicuously meticulous.” | 他说房子当时 “极为的整洁” |
[34:22] | It had been cleaned up. | 一定是被打扫过了 |
[34:23] | Could Phoebe Prentice have known about the drug succinylcholine? | Phoebe Prentice听说过琥珀酰胆碱么? |
[34:27] | Why not? Her husband is a doctor. | 为什么不会呢? 她丈夫是个医生 |
[34:29] | Their house is full of medical books. | 他们家里都是医书 |
[34:31] | There’s all kinds of evidence against her, | 这些都是对她不利的证据 |
[34:33] | but the truth is, it doesn’t matter, | 但是事实是 这不重要 |
[34:35] | because you saw all you needed to in her testimony. | 因为你们在她的证词中看到了 所有你们想看到的 |
[34:39] | You saw it in her eyes, you heard it in her voice, | 你们可以从她的眼中看到 你们可以从她的声音中听出 |
[34:42] | and you know… | 而且你们知道… |
[34:50] | she did it. | 是她做的 |
[34:52] | Phoebe Prentice killed the woman her husband was sleeping with | Phoebe Prentice杀了和她丈夫上床的女人 |
[34:56] | and framed her cheating husband in the process. | 然后又陷害欺骗自己的丈夫 |
[34:59] | Perfect crime. | 完美的犯罪 |
[35:05] | Almost. | 几乎是 |
[35:09] | Almost. | 几乎是 |
[35:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:59] | Madam foreperson, | 陪审团主席 |
[36:00] | the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 你们有了一致的裁决了么? |
[36:02] | We have, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[36:04] | The defendant will please rise. | 被告请起立 |
[36:08] | What say you? | 结果如何? |
[36:10] | “In the matter of “the commonwealth of Massachusetts” V. Robert I. Brooks, | “马萨诸塞州诉 Robert L. Brooks |
[36:14] | “on the charge of murder in the first degree, | 一级谋杀一案 |
[36:16] | “we find the defendant Robert brooks | 我们一致认为被告Robert Brooks |
[36:20] | not guilty.” | 无罪” |
[36:42] | My advice to you, Dr. Brooks, | Brooks医生 我对你的建议是 |
[36:44] | if you have out-of-town relatives… | 如果你有在外地的的亲戚的话… |
[36:46] | the press here does not figure to let up for a while. | 这里的媒体估计暂时还不会放松 对你们的纠缠 |
[36:50] | No doubt your wife has left town. | 毫无疑问你太太已经走了 (leave town在此为双关 离开本地和离他而去的意思) |
[36:54] | Well, I, uh, I suppose a, uh, a huge thank-you would be in order. | 嗯 我 呃 我觉得 呃 我应该好好谢谢你 |
[36:58] | I suppose. Thank you. | 我觉得也是 谢谢 |
[37:01] | Can’t say that you were everything Phoebe built you up to be, | 不能说你已经和Phoebe口中所说的一样了 |
[37:04] | but, uh, you were close. | 但是 呃 你很接近了 |
[37:06] | Did you really not suspect that she’d left the house that night? | 你真的没怀疑过她那晚离开过家么? |
[37:10] | I never left the house, Alan. | 我从来没离开过 Alan |
[37:23] | When you told me that I was the whole defense | 当你告诉我说我是唯一的希望 |
[37:25] | and that I wasn’t persuasive, | 而我又没有足够的说服力 |
[37:27] | I… decided on another tack… | 我…我决定换个方式– |
[37:31] | incriminating my husband in a way | 以一种让我看起来有罪的方式 |
[37:33] | that would make me seem guilty. | 来指控我丈夫 |
[37:39] | Do you really think that I would threaten my own child with a knife? | 你真的觉得我用刀恐吓我自己的孩子么? |
[37:43] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[37:45] | We had to make up a few things, | 我们必须编造一些事情 |
[37:47] | give you something to get her with. | 给你一些能够用来指责她的事情 |
[37:50] | I never got the call from the victim telling me about the affair, | 我从来没有接到过受害者关于 婚外情的电话 |
[37:53] | I never told Robert I was gonna kill him, | 我从没告诉过Robert我要杀了他 |
[37:55] | and… I never left the house that night. | 而且…那天晚上我从来没有离开过家 |
[38:03] | You were very convincing. | 你相当有说服力啊 |
[38:06] | You might have been too convincing. | 你也许太有说服力了 |
[38:07] | You’re now almost certain to be arrested and charged with the crime. | 你现在几乎可以被逮捕并且起诉了 |
[38:10] | I can risk that | 我可以冒这个险 |
[38:11] | since there’s no evidence of me committing it because I didn’t. | 我根本没做过 所以没有我犯罪的证据 |
[38:16] | And if need be, Robert can always set the record straight. | 如果需要的话 Robert可以澄清 |
[38:20] | He’s protected now by double jeopardy, so… | 他现在被双重审理保护 所以… |
[38:26] | – there’s still perjury. – Who committed perjury? | – 还是会有作伪证罪 – 谁作伪证了? |
[38:28] | He never testified, and I never lied. | 他没作过证 我也没说过谎 |
[38:30] | You’ll remember that I denied all of your accusations. | 你会记得我否认了你所有的指控 |
[38:34] | In fact, the only one | 实际上 唯一 |
[38:35] | who tried to introduce false evidence was you. | 尝试引入伪证的人是你 |
[38:45] | It was never my intent to play it this way. | 我并不想这么做的 |
[38:47] | I… | 我… |
[38:49] | my plan was simply to be his alibi, | 我的计划就是为他做不在场证明 |
[38:51] | but then when you said that I wasn’t persuasive… | 但是你说我说服力不够… |
[38:58] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:00] | You should leave now. | 你可以走了 |
[39:05] | The truth is, I never deceived you. | 事实是 我从来没有欺骗过你 |
[39:06] | You told me he was innocent. | 你告诉过我他是无辜的 |
[39:08] | But you weren’t deceived, were you? | 但是你没被欺骗 不是么? |
[39:12] | Two other things I told you… | 我告诉你的另外两件事… |
[39:16] | keeping my family together whatever the cost | 不惜任何代价维持我的家庭 |
[39:19] | was everything to me… | 这才是我的一切… |
[39:23] | and that at the end, I would be… | 最终 我会… |
[39:25] | walking away with Robert. | 和Robert一起离开 |
[39:29] | I was very clear on that. | 我说的很明白 |
[40:15] | There’s gotta be a way to turn them in. | 会有办法把他们绳之以法的 |
[40:17] | We could. | 我们可以 |
[40:19] | Get disbarred… | 被取消律师执照… |
[40:21] | go fishing… | 去钓鱼… |
[40:23] | retire to stud. | 去做种马 |
[40:26] | You know, Alan, you gotta tip your hat. | 你知道 Alan 你应该脱帽致意 |
[40:28] | She fooled everybody, including us. | 她耍了所有人 包括我们 |
[40:30] | I am not… tipping my hat. | 我不会…脱帽致意 |
[40:37] | This is one of those times I’m lucky to be unlucky in love. | 这是其中一次我很幸运的情场失意 |
[40:41] | I’ll bet you’re lucky at cards. | 我相信你会赌场得意的 |
[40:45] | Let’s go to Vegas. | 我们去拉斯维加斯吧 |
[40:48] | I’m trying to cheer you up. | 我在想办法使你高兴起来 |
[40:51] | Alan… | |
[40:54] | the thing you have to realize, and someday you will, | 你要明白一件事 总有一天你会的 |
[40:57] | a person only has one true love in his life. | 一个人一生中只有一个真爱 |
[41:01] | Like it or not, your true love… | 不管你是否喜欢 你的真爱… |
[41:05] | is me. | 就是我 |
[41:07] | We may not have sex, | 我们也许不会上床 |
[41:10] | but ours is an affair of the heart. | 但是我们之间是心灵的交流 |
[41:14] | And we do spoon well. | 我们在床上抱着的时候也很合拍 |
[41:17] | And I make you smile. | 而且我还能逗你开心 |
[41:20] | Yes, you do. | 是的 没错 |
[41:27] | Sleepover? | 一起睡吧? |
[41:30] | – Oh, forget it. – What? | – 哦 算了吧 – 什么? |
[41:32] | Just forget it. | 算了吧 |
[41:38] | I knew he did it all along, you know? | 自始至终我都知道是他做的 你知道么? |
[41:40] | – Did you know? – And she was playing you. | – 你知道? – 还有她在耍你 |
[41:42] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – You had to discover it for yourself. | – 那你干吗不告诉我呢? – 你必须自己去发现 |
[41:46] | Like Dorothy and the ruby slippers. | 就像桃乐丝找到红宝石鞋 |
[41:48] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[41:51] | I had a dream once I did Dorothy… | 我梦到过我干桃乐丝… |
[41:53] | and the lullaby league girls. | 还有摇篮曲女孩们 |
[41:56] | Do you think they’re of age? | 你觉得她们成年了么? |
[42:00] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:02] | Dwarfs love group sex, you know? | 小矮人都喜欢群交 你知道么? |
[42:04] | I’m not listening. | 我没在听 |
[42:06] | I should give Bethany a call. | 我应该给Bethany打个电话 |
[42:09] | [we represent the lullaby league] | [我们是摇篮曲女孩] |
[42:13] | [the lullaby league, the lullaby league] | [摇篮曲女孩 摇篮曲女孩] |
[42:16] | [and in the name of the lullaby league] | [以摇篮曲女孩之名] |
[42:20] | [we wish to welcome you to munchkinland] | [我们欢迎你来到梦幻仙境] |