时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on ‘Boston Legal’ | 波士顿法律 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | Hello Jerry | 你好 Jerry |
[00:03] | Lorraine Hello | Lorraine 你好 |
[00:07] | That was mistletoe. | 你站在槲寄生下 |
[00:10] | partintegrante de voluntariado a volunteer component of the coast guard,no age limit. | “美国海岸警卫队后备” 海岸警卫队志愿人员 没有年龄限制 |
[00:15] | Guns? | 有枪吗? |
[00:16] | – Probably depth charges,denny. – Let’s go. | – Denny 可能有深水炸弹 – 走吧 |
[00:18] | Where are they off to? | 他们要去哪儿? |
[00:19] | They’ve gone to join the coast guard. | 他们去参加海岸警卫队 |
[00:21] | Happens at a lot of firms. | 很多事务所都会这样 |
[00:23] | We don’t behave ourselves,we’ll never pass the background check. | 尽管如此 如果我们不检点行为 就无法通过政审 |
[00:26] | we’ll get in. | 我们会通过的 |
[00:27] | Oh,we’re gonna be in the military. | 我们要进军队了 |
[00:29] | Already my penis feels bigger. | 我都开始兴奋了 |
[01:14] | – I’m sorry,sir,but you can’t– – denny crane,united states coast guard. | – 对不起 先生 但是你不能… – 我是Denny Crane 美国海岸警卫队的 |
[01:17] | Sir. | 先生 |
[01:18] | Denny crane coming through. | Denny Crane 借过 |
[01:19] | Denny crane,coast guard. | Denny Crane 海岸警卫队的 |
[01:21] | Denny Crane | Denny crane. |
[01:29] | Walt | Walt. |
[01:30] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[01:33] | Never liked him. | 向来都不喜欢他 |
[01:35] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[01:37] | Denny Crane | Denny crane. |
[01:38] | I don’t care who you are. You’re contaminating a crime scene. | 我不管你是谁 你在破坏犯罪现场 |
[01:40] | Penelope | Penelope. |
[01:42] | denny. Oh,my god,denny. | Denny 天哪 Denny |
[01:46] | Oh,penelope. | 哦 Penelope |
[01:48] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[01:49] | I killed him,denny. | 我杀了他 Denny |
[01:51] | That was off the record. | 这句话是非正式的 |
[01:52] | This woman is represented by the united states coast guard. | 美国海岸警卫队代理她 |
[01:56] | what happened? | 怎么回事? |
[01:57] | – We were gardening. – in january? | – 我们在打理花园 – 一月份? |
[01:59] | Well,we were just organizing where the vegetables and the plants would go. | 盘算该把蔬菜和植物种哪儿 |
[02:02] | We were talking,and then suddenly… | 我们在说话 突然间… |
[02:05] | denny,I don’t know what happened,okay? | Denny 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[02:06] | I just saw this shovel hurtling through the air in the direction of his head, | 我只看到这把铲子往他头上挥去 |
[02:10] | and it–it struck him,and then I realized that the handle was in my hands. | 整– 整好打中了 然后我意识到把手在我手里 |
[02:16] | I had swung the shovel. | 我挥的铲子 |
[02:19] | Oh,my god. I killed my husband. | 哦 天哪 我杀死了我老公 |
[02:23] | are the police gonna arrest me? | 警察会把我抓起来吗? |
[02:26] | Well,how much did you tell ’em? | 你说了多少? |
[02:27] | Everything. | 什么都说了 |
[02:28] | They’re gonna rest you. | 他们会逮捕你的 |
[02:29] | – oh,my god. – Oh,no,no.No,no. | – 哦 天哪 – 没事 没事 |
[02:32] | No,no,it’s all right,penelope. | 没事 Penelope |
[02:33] | It’s all right. It’s okay. | 没事 别担心 |
[02:35] | I’ll defend you. | 我会为你辩护的 |
[02:36] | I’ll get you acquitted. I’ll be relevant again. | 我会帮你脱罪的 我们就不是陌路人了 |
[02:38] | We’ll have dinner. It’s all good. | 我请你吃晚饭 一点事没有 |
[02:41] | This is the way to ring in the new year. | 新年新气象 |
[02:44] | Denny Crane | Denny crane. |
[02:46] | Ready for my close-up. | 尽管来照特写吧 |
[03:17] | Boston Legal Season04 Episode11 | 波士顿法律 |
[03:20] | They were out shoveling snow. | 他们在外面铲雪 |
[03:22] | And her shovel accidentally hit his head. | 她的铲子不小心击中了他的头部 |
[03:24] | It happens. He died. | 这种事又不是没有 他死了 |
[03:25] | Those are the risks of winter. | 冬天的危险就在于此 |
[03:27] | You know,here we are in the wintertime. | 现在是冬季 |
[03:29] | Winter is the cruelest month or series of months,and how many people must die… | 冬季是最残酷的月份 最残酷的几个月 要死很多人… |
[03:34] | the arraignment’s this morning. | 今早提审 |
[03:35] | I’ve always wanted this woman,alan. | 我一直都很想要这个女人 Alan |
[03:37] | To think she’s been delivered to me via her dead husband… | 一想到要借由她丈夫的去世 她才能进入我怀抱… |
[03:41] | you think it’s wise to be giving accounts to the press,denny? | Denny 你觉得对舆论发表评论明智吗? |
[03:43] | Snowball? | 雪人? |
[03:44] | The man slipped on the ice,fell,hit his head,died. It happens. | 他在冰上打滑了 跌倒 撞倒了头部 死去了 这种事又不是没有 |
[03:49] | It’s winter,man. | 现在是冬天 |
[03:50] | He went out to get the morning paper,a big icicle falls off the roof. | 他出去取报纸 一个大冰柱从屋顶上掉下来 |
[03:53] | He died. It happens. | 他去世了 这种事又不是没有 |
[03:55] | He was acting depressed… | 他是有点抑郁… |
[03:56] | but who could predict he’d take his own life with a shovel? | 但谁能预料到 他会用把铲子结束自己的生命? |
[03:59] | Denny,this is crazy. | Denny 简直疯了 |
[04:00] | That’s it exactly. | 就是啊 |
[04:01] | That’s our defense– temporary insanity. | 我们就这么辩护– 暂时性精神错乱 |
[04:04] | You can’t plead your insanity. | 你不能以你精神错乱为理由 |
[04:06] | You are nuts. | 你就是个疯子 |
[04:07] | That’s the beauty. | 就漂亮在这儿呢 |
[04:09] | – The arraignment is when? – 10:00. | – 提审几点? – 10点整 |
[04:11] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[04:13] | No,you won’T. | 不行 |
[04:15] | This is my case. I’ll handle it. | 这是我的案子 我来处理 |
[04:17] | Well,certainly I can second chair. | 我给你当副手 |
[04:18] | No. | 不行 |
[04:19] | I don’t want your help. I don’t even want you there. | 我不想你帮忙 我都不想你出现 |
[04:21] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[04:22] | Because I don’T. | 我就是不想 |
[04:24] | Well,I let you second chair my cases. | 我都让你给我当副手 |
[04:26] | You let me sit and watch. | 你让我坐着干瞪眼看 |
[04:28] | No,I–I’m–I’m gonna do this myself. | 不行 我– 我要自己来 |
[04:29] | I-I’ll get one of the babies to help me,somebody who knows their place as a subordinate. | 我会找个孩子来帮我 找个知道自己是个下手的人来 |
[04:33] | I don’t want you anywhere near this case. | 你离这个案子远点 |
[04:36] | Denny,it’s a murder trial. | Denny 这可是谋杀案审判啊 |
[04:38] | Thanks. With that tip,I should be fine. | 谢谢 这条提示就够了 |
[04:41] | From here on,I’m flying solo. | 从此以后 我单飞 |
[04:47] | Oh,my. | 哦 天 |
[05:02] | It’s very embarrassing. | 很难为情 |
[05:05] | It’s very embarrassing. | 很难为情 |
[05:09] | Um,why don’t you begin by telling us what’s happened? | 你可以先告诉我们发生了什么事 |
[05:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:15] | What’s happened is,my husband of 20 years left me. | 事情是这样的 跟我结发20年的丈夫离开了我 |
[05:19] | As you might expect,this wreaked considerable havoc with my life. | 很明显 这让我的生活天翻地覆 |
[05:24] | I would like to sue his lawyers because I believe they caused him to leave me. | 我想告他的律师 因为我相信 他们是导致他离开我的罪魁祸首 |
[05:31] | Okay,h-how did they accomplish that? | 好 他们怎么做到的? |
[05:33] | Well… | 嗯… |
[05:35] | he’s represented by bingham,hooley and knapp,that putrid,oulless, | 他委托了Bingham Hooley和Knapp律所 |
[05:39] | disgusting firm with the billboards all over town. | 他们讨厌 没心没肺 他们的广告牌全市到处飞 |
[05:41] | Suly you’ve seen them. | 你们肯定看见过 |
[05:42] | Um,”is life passing you by?Is divorce right for you?” | “你在虚度光阴吗?” “离婚是你该走的路吗?” |
[05:47] | Well,my husband was exposed to these disgusting,indecent billboards, | 我丈夫看到了这些恶心 下贱的广告 |
[05:51] | and as a result,he decided,hmm,divorce was right for him. | 结果 他决定 离婚是他该走的路 |
[05:55] | I… | 我… |
[05:57] | I want to… get them. | 我想… 教训教训他们 |
[05:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:01] | Well,uh,let’s see. | 我们来看看 |
[06:10] | every so often,on rare occasions,an aneurysm can make the head literally explode,causing bleeding. | 有些时候 尽管很罕见 动脉血管瘤真的能让头爆炸 流血 |
[06:16] | My client simply had a shovel on hand to bury her husband. | 我的委托人只不过手里拿了把铲子 想埋葬她丈夫 |
[06:20] | They’re jewish. | 他们是犹太人 |
[06:23] | Yeah,I don’t know about you,but… | 嗯 我不知道你 但是… |
[06:24] | you summoned? | 你找我? |
[06:25] | Oh,um,um,whitney,right? | 呃 你叫Whitney 是吧? |
[06:28] | I need a second chair. You’re it. | 我要找个副手 就你了 |
[06:29] | Don’t try and take over. | 别试图篡位 |
[06:31] | Do as I tell you. | 听我的指挥 |
[06:31] | Just sit back and learn. | 坐好了 跟着学点 |
[06:33] | Arraignment’s in 40 minutes. | 40分钟后提审 |
[06:35] | Denny | Denny. |
[06:36] | Well,these are exciting times. | 心潮澎湃的时刻到了 |
[06:39] | Don’t wanna be checked on. | 不想被人盯着 |
[06:40] | I just came to wish you good luck. | 我是过来祝你好运的 |
[06:42] | Good. Fine. | 行 好吧 |
[06:42] | Job well done. Feel lucky.Bye. | 干得不错 自我感觉良好 再见 |
[06:48] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:53] | we simply tell her we can’t take the case. That’s all. | 我们就直说不能接这个案子 就行了 |
[06:55] | I don’t think that’s an option,jerry. | 我觉得这样不行 Jerry |
[06:57] | Shirley assigned us to it. She must want us to do it. | Shirley把案子分给了我们 她肯定想让我们接 |
[06:59] | Do what? | 接什么? |
[07:00] | Lorraine. Hello.Welcome. | Lorraine 你好 欢迎 |
[07:02] | New year going well? Hello. | 新年一切顺利? 你好 |
[07:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:05] | New year’s going very well. Thank you. | 新年非常顺利 谢谢 |
[07:08] | Lips! | 嘴唇! |
[07:10] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[07:11] | I beg your pardon. | 对不起 |
[07:13] | I’ll issue a formal apology in writing. | 我会正式书面道歉的 |
[07:16] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[07:18] | Maybe you were just remembering our kiss at the christmas party. | 也许你想起了我们在圣诞聚会上的吻 |
[07:20] | It was delightful. Wasn’t it? | 心神荡漾 不是吗? |
[07:40] | “3-2-1-1-6,”commonwealth vs.Penelope kimball | 32116 麻省起诉Penelope Kimball |
[07:44] | on the charge of murder in the first degree. | 指控罪名 一级谋杀罪 |
[07:47] | Denny crane representing the defenda we waive… | Denny Crane进行辩护 我们放弃… |
[07:51] | good-bye,enter a plea of not guilty due to temporary insanity, | 再见 做无罪辩护 理由是暂时性精神错乱 |
[07:54] | ask at this time for a change of venue to L.A. | 我们请求将审判地挪到洛杉矶 |
[07:59] | Los angeles? | 洛杉矶? |
[08:00] | It’s cold here. | 这儿太冷了 |
[08:01] | We can go in my jet. | 我们可以乘我的飞机去 |
[08:02] | Mr. Crane,I would need a legal basis for a venue change. | Crane先生 换审判地点需要一个法律依据 |
[08:05] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:06] | My client was caught with a shovel in her hand,standing over a dead body. | 我委托人被抓住时 手里拿一把铲子 站在一具死尸旁 |
[08:10] | My legal basis is phil spector. | 法律依据是Phil Spector一案 |
[08:12] | They don’t convict in L.A. | 他们不会判有罪 |
[08:13] | Denied. Let’s set a date. | 驳回 定个日期吧 |
[08:15] | Friday night. | 星期五晚上 |
[08:16] | I’ll bring the condoms. | 我带安全套 |
[08:18] | you,me and one of the jurors. | 你 我 再找一个陪审员 |
[08:21] | denny crane. Thank you. | Denny Crane 谢谢 |
[08:22] | Cds in the lobby. | 大厅里面有CD |
[08:23] | thank you. Thank you.Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[08:25] | They love me,judge. | 他们爱我 法官 |
[08:26] | As do you. I can see it. | 你也是 我看得出来 |
[08:27] | Step up,mr. Crane. | 靠上来 Crane先生 |
[08:33] | This is my courtroom. | 这是我的法庭 |
[08:35] | Strict. | 还挺严厉 |
[08:36] | And this is a murder trial. | 这是谋杀案审判 |
[08:37] | I will not be putting up with this behavior. | 我不会容忍这种行为 |
[08:40] | Do you understand me? | 听明白了吗? |
[08:40] | I do,I do. | 我明白 我明白 |
[08:42] | When will you be ready for trial? | 你什么时候能准备好庭审? |
[08:44] | I’m ready now. | 现在都准备好了 |
[08:45] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[08:45] | Facts e simple,so am I. | 事情很简单 我也是 |
[08:47] | Let’s get this baby tried before I forget what it’s about. | 在我把这事忘了之前审完吧 |
[08:50] | fine. | 好 |
[08:51] | Are you serious? | 真的? |
[08:52] | Like he said,the facts are simple let’s do it. | 他都说了 事情很简单 我们开始吧 |
[08:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:59] | We’ll do voir dire this afternoon. | 我们今天下午进行宣誓 |
[09:02] | Trial starts tomorrow. | 明天开始庭审 |
[09:04] | You are hot. | 你太性感了 |
[09:06] | Chambers? | 你办公室? |
[09:21] | The marriage was over. | 我们的婚姻完了 |
[09:23] | We both kinda knew that. | 我们都隐约知道 |
[09:27] | But? | 但是? |
[09:29] | But the decision to actually separate,well, | 但是分居的决定 |
[09:32] | obviously for me to just kind of snap, | 对我来说太突然了 |
[09:35] | I must have been very angry. | 我肯定气疯了 |
[09:38] | Well,we don’t say “angry” in court. | 在庭上我们不说”气” |
[09:41] | We say “mad.” | 我们只说”疯” |
[09:45] | I didn’t plan to hit him. | 我没想杀他 |
[09:48] | I swear,denny. | 我发誓 Denny |
[09:50] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[09:52] | You’re not a violent person. | 你不暴力 |
[09:55] | You’re very tender. | 你非常温柔 |
[10:00] | You’ve been lonely a long time,haven’t you,penelope? | Penelope 你寂寞得太久了 是吧? |
[10:05] | yes. | 是的 |
[10:07] | Denny… | Denny… |
[10:10] | he would never even touch me. | 他都不肯碰我 |
[10:14] | That’s hard to believe. | 很难相信 |
[10:15] | You’ such a beautiful woman. | 你这么漂亮 |
[10:18] | he didn’t make me feel that way. | 他没让我感觉到 |
[10:23] | that was wrong. | 他错了 |
[10:27] | it’s okay to cry,penny. | 哭出来吧 Penny |
[10:29] | But not in the courtroom. I don’t want any self-pity. | 但不要在法庭上哭 我不想要任何自艾自怜 |
[10:33] | You need to be strong in there. | 你要表现得坚强 |
[10:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:38] | What can we do… | 我们怎么样… |
[10:41] | to make you feel stronger? | 才能让你坚强起来呢? |
[10:52] | All we can really do is meet with her husband and his attorney | 我们能做的 就是跟她丈夫和他律师见面 |
[10:54] | and effect some kind of satisfactory settlement. | 以期达成个满意的协议 |
[11:00] | Jerry? | Jerry? |
[11:02] | Yes,that’s– that would be good. | 恩 这– 这非常好 |
[11:05] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么? |
[11:06] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[11:08] | Jerry? | Jerry? |
[11:13] | I was thinking aboutmy blurting out “lips” to lorraine. | 我在想我脱口而出 对Lorraine说的”嘴唇” |
[11:18] | I was thinking about how I blurt things out,kick my leg,purr, | 我在想我经常说话不经大脑 蹦一下 怪叫 |
[11:23] | make funny sounds with my mouth. | 发出奇怪的声音 |
[11:27] | A neurologist once told me | 一个神经科医生曾经告诉过我 |
[11:28] | I might have a mild case of tourette’s syndrome. | 我可能有轻微的妥瑞综合症 |
[11:34] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗? |
[11:35] | Having asperger’s and tourette’s? | 同时患上埃斯博格综合症 和妥瑞综合症? |
[11:41] | We all have something,don’t we? | 每个人都有自己的烦恼 不是吗? |
[11:45] | I feel so… | 我觉得太… |
[11:48] | I don’t know… | 我也说不清… |
[11:51] | undignified sometimes. | 有时候很丢人 |
[11:54] | Jerry,hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people have tourette’S. | Jerry 患有妥瑞综合症的不计其数 |
[11:58] | There’s nothing undignified about it. | 这没什么好丢人的 |
[12:01] | Personally,I find your various tics quite endearing. | 我倒觉得你那些小动作很可爱呢 |
[12:08] | Katie… You know,katie… | |
[12:11] | you really are a special person. | 你真的很特别 |
[12:17] | kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[12:31] | I heard the arraignment went… | 我听说传讯进行得… |
[12:35] | well. | 不错 |
[12:36] | I’m meeting with a cliT. | 我在和委托人交流 |
[12:39] | She was weak,alan,vulnerable. | 她很虚弱 Alan 很脆弱 |
[12:41] | She needed to bone up on the trial.So I just– | 她需要有人给她打打气 所以我就… |
[12:44] | this is a first-degree murder trial. | 这可是一级谋杀案的庭审 |
[12:46] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[12:48] | Are you even remotely prepared? | 你有没有哪怕一丁点的准备? |
[12:50] | Of course I am. | 当然有啦 |
[12:51] | Denny | |
[12:52] | now don’t start. | 别往下说了 |
[12:56] | I know what you’re doing with these silly sound bites,be it on suicide… | 我知道你这么做的目的 说他是自杀… |
[13:01] | he was sad. | 他情绪不好 |
[13:01] | Fallen icicles… | 掉下的冰柱… |
[13:03] | it’s dead of winter,man. | 冬天的可怕之处 伙计 |
[13:04] | – The coast guard… – we’re practically in. | – 海岸警卫队… – 我们差不多算加入了 |
[13:05] | Propositioning the judge. | 和法官调情 |
[13:06] | – She’s so hot. – Stop it. | – 她太性感了 – 够了 |
[13:10] | You’re trying to have the first laugh on yourself so when others snicker, | 你想先自己嘲笑自己 这样当人们开始嘲笑你时 |
[13:12] | as they no doubt will,you can pretend they’re laughing with you instead of at you. | 因为人们肯定会的 你就可以假装 他们是在和你一起笑 而不是在笑你 |
[13:17] | But they will be laughing at you,denny. | 不过他们一定会笑你的 Denny |
[13:20] | The media attention that will go with this case will be very unkind. | 媒体对此事肯定不会心慈手软的 |
[13:25] | Never mind that you could lose your perfect record. | 更别说 你可能失去的完美胜诉率 |
[13:28] | This could tarnish that which you cherish and revere beyond anything else– your legacy. | 这还会玷污你最珍视的东西… 你的名声 |
[13:34] | As desperate as you are to be in the game again,you’re not up to this. | 尽管你十分渴望再次出庭辩护 不过该案真的不适合你 |
[13:45] | appreciate the candor. | 谢谢你的直白 |
[13:48] | I have no doubt it comes from love. | 我相信你是爱我才这么说的 |
[13:51] | Now if you’ll excuse me,I have a trial to prepare. | 如果你不介意的话 我还有个案件要准备 |
[13:55] | – Denny – get out. | – 出去 – Denny- |
[13:58] | This is my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[14:03] | Four years,I sat around,watching you have your day in court. | 4年了 我坐在一边 看着你在法庭上大出风头 |
[14:08] | Well,I want my day. | 我也想要表现一下自己 |
[14:10] | And you once had your day,and now– | 你过去出过风头了 现在… |
[14:12] | I am not over! | 我还没进棺材呢! |
[14:17] | Maybe–maybe–maybe I can’t do it all the time. | 或许…或许我不像从前那样 精力充沛 |
[14:21] | But every once in a while… | 但是偶尔… |
[14:26] | I can rise up. | 我还是可以雄起的 |
[14:30] | And I will rise up here. | 而这次我一定能雄起 |
[14:41] | And f-for you not to be on my side– | 还有 对于你不站在我这边… |
[14:43] | you can accuse me of many things, | 有很多事 你可以指责我 |
[14:45] | but not being onour side isn’t one of them. | 但这个不行 |
[14:49] | I’m afraid for you. | 我为你担心 |
[14:51] | I don’t wanna… | 我不想… |
[14:54] | see you get hurt. | 看到你受伤 |
[14:59] | I’ll be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[15:05] | And I don’t want you anywhere near this case. | 并且我不希望你和这个案子 有任何瓜葛 |
[15:31] | Oh,what the hell? | 噢 这是干嘛? |
[15:33] | Ritual. | 老习惯了 |
[15:34] | I like to wear my waders the night before a trial. | 我喜欢在庭审前一晚 穿着高筒防水胶靴 |
[15:37] | Empowers me. | 可以赐予我力量 |
[15:39] | How’s your opening statement coming? | 你的开庭陈词准备得怎样了? |
[15:41] | All done. | 一切就绪 |
[15:43] | Werful. | 十分有力 |
[15:44] | O st sI don’t feel like an idiot,what’s the plan? | 为了不让我觉的像个傻瓜 能和我说下你的计划吗? |
[15:47] | Mad cow. | 疯牛病 |
[15:48] | I mean,temporary insanity. | 我的意思是 突发性精神失常 |
[15:50] | I got my expert all lined up. | 我已经找好了专家 |
[15:51] | She’ll examine our client. | 她会给我的当事人做个检查 |
[15:53] | Anything I can do? | 我能做些什么吗? |
[15:55] | Just watch and learn from the master. | 看着大师表演就行了 |
[15:58] | Gotta pee. | 要尿尿了 |
[16:20] | evidence will show that penelope kimball was the only one there. | 证据将显示当时在场的 只有Penelope Kimball |
[16:24] | We will introduce the defendant’s own admission that she killed him. | 我们将提供被告的证词 她承认自己杀害了丈夫 |
[16:28] | We’ll establish motive in that the victim was planning to leave her. | 我们将作案动机认定为 受害者打算与被告分手 |
[16:32] | Evidence will furthermore establish that the defendant has no history of any mental or psychological disorder. | 证据将进一步证明 被告没有任何精神或心理疾病的病史 |
[16:38] | In short,the facts will show that this was just a good old-fashioned murder. | 简而言之 一切事实都将证明 这只是个十分典型的谋杀案 |
[16:53] | Denny | denny. |
[17:10] | I–I’ve listened to the D.A.’S opening,and I’m thinking,why the hell didn’t I plead this out? | 听了公诉人的开庭陈词 让我不禁 自问 我干嘛不接受认罪协议? |
[17:14] | Am I insane? | 是我疯了吗? |
[17:18] | or is penelope kimball insane? | 又或者是Penelope Kimball疯了? |
[17:21] | Which is it,her or me,me or her? | 到底是谁 她还是我 我还是她? |
[17:25] | Can’t be sure,can we? | 无法确定 是吧? |
[17:29] | That’s reasonable doubt. | 这就是合理怀疑 |
[17:34] | Denny Crane | Denny crane. |
[17:37] | The fun starts now. | 好戏现在开始 |
[17:55] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[17:56] | You’re suing me for representing him? | 你们起诉我 就因为我代表我的当事人? |
[17:58] | Well,your involvement goes a bit further than representation,mr. Gould. | 你不仅只是代表他 Gould先生 |
[18:01] | Your billboards actually induced mr. Winston to leave his wife. | 事实上 你的广告牌鼓动了 Winston先生和他妻子离婚 |
[18:04] | Are you seriously blaming the demise of a marriage on a billboard? | 你不是真的想把一段婚姻的终结 怪罪于一个广告牌吧? |
[18:08] | Why would you pay thousands of dollars to put them up if you didn’t believe they’d be influential? | 如果你认为广告牌没有影响力 为何要花几千美圆在这上面呢? |
[18:12] | This is silly. Is it? | – 这太可笑了 – 可笑吗? |
[18:13] | The billboards led him to your web site. | 正是广告牌把他带到了你的网站 |
[18:16] | You then set him up with a relationship counselor who concluded his marriage wasn’t working. | 然后你又利用婚姻顾问的结论 使他认为自己的婚姻有问题 |
[18:20] | Something tells me those conclusions are in the bag. | 我觉得那些结论将使我们稳操胜券 |
[18:22] | One could say a bit of brainwashing goes on. | 你可以把这看成是洗脑 |
[18:24] | One could. | 你可以这么看 |
[18:25] | One could never prove that in a court of law. | 但你却无法在法庭上证明它 |
[18:27] | Mr. Gould,let’s face it. | Gould先生 面对现实吧 |
[18:28] | Those ads are sleazy. | 那些广告很卑劣 |
[18:29] | This gives all lawyers a bad name. | 让所有的律师都蒙羞 |
[18:32] | first I’m responsible for the breakup of a marriage. | 先是要我为一段婚姻的破裂而负责 |
[18:34] | Now I’m to blame for lawyers having a bad name? | 现在又指责我给律师脸上抹黑? |
[18:37] | Yo u want to pin global warming on me next? | 下面是不是要把全球变暖 也怪到我头上来? |
[18:39] | My husband is a very susceptible person. | 我丈夫的耳根很软 |
[18:41] | You influenced him. | 你鼓动了他 |
[18:43] | I don’t want to be with you,mary. | 我不想和你在一起 Mary |
[18:45] | – They’ve convinced you of that. – No. | – 是他们让你这么认为的 – 不 |
[18:47] | I’ve been profoundly unhappy,even depressed. | 我十分的痛苦 甚至沮丧 |
[18:50] | Maybe they just made me face up to it. | 也许他们只是让我面对了现实 |
[18:53] | No. No. | 不 不是的 |
[18:56] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[19:14] | When I arrived,the first thing she said was she killed him. | 当我到达现场时 她一开口就说是她杀了他 |
[19:17] | She just admitted it. | 她直接就承认了 |
[19:19] | Could you describe mrs. Kimball’s demeanor? | 你能描述下Kimball女士的状态吗? |
[19:21] | She was very upset. | 她十分的不安 |
[19:23] | But she was certainly coherent. | 但她的思路很清晰 |
[19:25] | She wasn’t crazy or erratic or out of her mind or anything. | 她没有任何发疯或反常之类的情况 |
[19:29] | Who called the police? | 是谁报的警? |
[19:31] | She did. | 她 |
[19:32] | So she wasn’t trying to get away with anything here. | 这么说 她并没打算逃脱任何责任 |
[19:34] | No. Like I said,she just admitted it. | 是的 就像我说的 她直接就承认了 |
[19:37] | So you say she was upset. | 那么你说她很不安 |
[19:39] | She was,in fact,grieving for her husband,was she not? | 她是否为他丈夫的死而感到悲伤? |
[19:41] | She seemed to be,yes. | 她看上去是这样的 对 |
[19:43] | So she hits him on the head with a shovel and then is upset that he’s dead. | 这么说 她先拿铲子敲击他的头 然后为他的死感到悲伤 |
[19:49] | Sounds crazy to me. | 对我来说这很疯狂 |
[19:53] | Does it not to you? | 你不觉得吗? |
[19:57] | gardening is my sanity. | 园艺是我的命根子 |
[19:59] | It’s my release. | 是我的解脱 |
[20:01] | And I went there to just sort of plan in my head where I’d like to plant which vegetables. | 我站在那 思考着该在哪里种些什么蔬菜 |
[20:06] | I always get this calm when… | 我总能感受到这种宁静 每当… |
[20:11] | anyway,walter came out. | 这时 Walter出现了 |
[20:15] | We started talking. | 我们开始谈了起来 |
[20:16] | It was rather civil,actually. | 起先 应该说还是很心平气和的 |
[20:19] | Then he started giving me his little suggestions | 然后 他开始指手画脚 |
[20:23] | as to where the turnips should go | 一会是萝卜该种哪里 |
[20:26] | and the brussels sprouts and where the light hits best, | 一会是芽甘蓝该种哪里 一会又是哪的光照最充足 |
[20:30] | d I started getting… angry. | 我开始有些…生气了 |
[20:34] | Mad. | 抓狂 |
[20:35] | Here he is,leaving me,and still he’s exercising control. | 他离我而去 却还对我管头管脚 |
[20:40] | I mean,the man left me so alone for so long,all I had at times was my garden. | 这个男人长期让我孤身一人 那时我唯一的依靠就是花园 |
[20:46] | And he’s exercising dominion over that. | 而他居然连这也要管 |
[20:49] | And I remember feeling my face get very hot, | 我还记得当时我的脸很烫 |
[20:53] | really,really hot. | 非常 非常的烫 |
[20:56] | And he kept talking and talking and telling me what to do,and… | 他又不停的说啊说 告诉我该做什么 以及… |
[21:02] | suddenly I saw the head of a shovel hurtling through the air, | 突然 我看见一把铲子的前端 在空中劈过 |
[21:07] | and it struck him. | 击中了他 |
[21:09] | It hit him right on the head,and he went down. | 直中他的头部 然后他就倒下了 |
[21:12] | And I followed the shaft of the shovel back to… | 我再一看铲子尾部在… |
[21:18] | my hands. | 我手里 |
[21:21] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[21:25] | – You were suddenly crazy. – Objection. | – 你那时突然发疯了 – 反对 |
[21:27] | – Suddenly insane. – Objection. | – 突然失常了 – 反对 |
[21:28] | – Suddenly single. – Ob– | – 突然单身了 – 反… |
[21:30] | penelope,did you make a decision to hit your husband on the head with a shovel? | Penelope 你是有意拿铲子 去击打你丈夫的头部吗? |
[21:33] | No,I swear. | 不是 我发誓 |
[21:35] | Suddenly it was just… | 一切突然就… |
[21:37] | in motion. It just happened. | 失控了 就碰巧发生了 |
[21:41] | It also just so happened the very week you decided to separate,you killed him. | 同样碰巧是 就在你们 决定分居的这周 你杀了他 |
[21:48] | I just snapped. | 我崩溃了 |
[21:49] | Were you gettingherapy or any kind of medical treatment prior to your whacking him on the head? | 在你猛击他头部以前 有接受过任何心理或药物治疗吗? |
[21:54] | No. | 没有 |
[21:55] | So basically you were sane in the morning,sane in the afternoon, | 如此说来 你的神智在早晨是清醒的 在下午是清醒的 |
[21:58] | and you just took a brief time-out in between to be crazy and kill your husband? | 而你恰恰就在当中的一小段时间内 精神失常并杀害了你的丈夫? |
[22:02] | Objection. | 反对 |
[22:02] | Sustained. | 有效 |
[22:04] | If you were divorced,I take it you’d each get half,right? | 如果你们离婚的话 你们将各自分得一半财产 对吗? |
[22:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:07] | But with him dying,you get it all. | 但是如果他死了 你将得到全部 |
[22:09] | Not if I’m convictedof killing him. | 除非我被判无罪 |
[22:11] | Oh,so you checked that out,huh? Good for you. | 喔 原来你全考虑到了? 很好 |
[22:13] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 有效 |
[22:15] | Actually,if you get off on the grounds of temporary insanity,you would get it all. | 事实上 如果你以突发性精神失常为由 而无罪释放 你将得到全部财产 |
[22:19] | I mean,you wouldn’t be disqualified. | 我是说 你的继承权利将不受影响 |
[22:21] | So it’d all work out for you,wouldn’t it? | 如此看来 一切都将如你所愿 不是吗? |
[22:22] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 有效 |
[22:24] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[22:41] | Look,I can certainly say she was in a compromised mental state, | 要我说她精神反常没有问题 |
[22:44] | but whether it rose to the level of legal insanity– | 但是否能上升到法定精神失常… |
[22:46] | I don’t think you understand,doctor. | 我想你还不明白我的意思 医生 |
[22:47] | Unless you can say she was temporarily insane,we don’t win. | 除非你说她是突发性精神失常 不然我们就输定了 |
[22:51] | Mr. Crane,you hired me to give you an objective diagnosis. | Crane先生 你找我来是为了 给你一个客观的诊断 |
[22:54] | – Denny – Like hell. – Denny. | – 才怪 |
[22:57] | There’s a $25,000 check right there for your testimony. | 这有张2万5千美圆的支票 将作为你证词的报酬 |
[23:00] | If you can’t say she was insane,you don’t get it. | 如果你不能说她是精神失常 那你就拿不到这钱 |
[23:03] | Denny | Denny. |
[23:04] | My testimony cannot be bought,mr. Crane. | 我的证词是不能用金钱来交换的 Crane先生 |
[23:08] | That money will go to an expe witness who can say that | 这笔钱将给能够证明 |
[23:11] | penelope kimball did not understand the nature and quality of her actions when she swung the shovel. | 在Penelope Kimball挥动铲子的时候 她是非完全行为能力人的专家 |
[23:18] | Are you that expert? | 那个专家是你吗? |
[23:21] | That’s the $25,000 question. | 这可是个价值2万5千美圆的问题 |
[23:34] | She’s suffering from perimenopause. | 她正遭受围绝经期综合症的折磨 |
[23:36] | This is the period a year to two years before menopause. | 这将持续1到2年 直到她绝经期的到来 |
[23:39] | Can it affect her mind? | 这会影响她的神智吗? |
[23:40] | oh,boy. | 喔 伙计 |
[23:42] | We’re gonna need something more clinical than “oh,boy.” | 请用学术语言回答 而不是”喔 伙计” |
[23:46] | Uh,basically the ovaries make erratic amounts of estrogen. | 基本上就是 卵巢分泌雌激素的量将反复波动 |
[23:52] | It can render the brain completely at the mercy of hormones. | 这可能使大脑完全处于荷尔蒙的控制之下 |
[23:55] | She says she made no conscious decision to swing the shovel. | 她说她并不是有意去挥动铲子的 |
[23:59] | Possible? | 可能吗? |
[24:00] | That’s an extreme case,but it’s entirely possible. | 这是个极端情况 但却是完全可能的 |
[24:04] | Did you examine her? | 你有给她做过检查吗? |
[24:05] | I did. | 是的 |
[24:05] | And when she says she has no memory of picking up the shovel | 当她说自己不记得拿起铲子 |
[24:08] | and deciding to swing it,do you believe her? | 并有意地去挥动它时 你相信她吗? |
[24:12] | I do. | 我相信 |
[24:13] | My opinion is,her actions here were… | 我的看法是 她当时的举动… |
[24:17] | not voluntary. | 是非自愿性的 |
[24:19] | How long have you treated this woman? | 她接受你的治疗有多久了? |
[24:21] | I just examined her twice,but I reviewed the records of her internist,her O.B.-G.Y.N. | 我只给她检查过2次 但我看过她内科以及妇产科医师的记录 |
[24:26] | How likely,honestly,doctor,is it for perimenopause to render a person homicidal? | 说实话 医生 围绝经期综合症 有多大的可能会导致患者产生杀意? |
[24:31] | Extremely unlikely,but it’sossible. | 可能性非常小 但的确是存在的 |
[24:33] | Plus there’s no evidence she was homicidal. | 另外 并没有证据证明她有杀意 |
[24:35] | She delivered a fatal blow to a man’s head– | 她对一个男人的头部进了致命的打击… |
[24:37] | but possibly without intent,since– | 但可能是无意的 因为… |
[24:39] | she has no history of any mental disorder– | 她并没有任何精神疾病的病史… |
[24:40] | nor do mansuffers of perimenopause. | 许多围绝经期综合症的患者都没有 |
[24:43] | – The neurotransmitters are in flux. – It just seems like a very convenient time for someone to lose control,swing a shovel… | – 神经传递素出现异常 – 失控的时间看上去太蹊跷了 挥动一把铲子… |
[24:45] | – there is no typical perimenopausal syndrome. – Which just happened to solve a lot of problems for her. | – 围绝经期综合症并没有典型的症状 – 正好能解决她的许多问题 |
[24:47] | All right! | 够了! |
[24:48] | Well,somebody doesn’t like to lose. | 呃 有人不喜欢输啊 |
[24:51] | Objection. | 反对 |
[25:04] | How are we doing? | 进展如何? |
[25:06] | Well. | 不错 |
[25:07] | Uh,we had a conference with the husband and his lawyer. | 我们和她丈夫以及律师见了个面 |
[25:09] | – Good. – They laughed and walked out. | – 很好 – 他们嘲笑我们后走了 |
[25:11] | Not good. | 这可不好 |
[25:12] | – So we filed a complaint. – Good. | – 所以我们提交了刑事自诉状 – 好的 |
[25:14] | And they’re bringing an immediate motion to dismiss. | 然后他们马上驳回了 |
[25:16] | Not good. | 这可不好 |
[25:17] | Jerry’s going to argue. | Jerry要去辩护 |
[25:27] | what was that? | 怎么回事啊? |
[25:28] | You’re just nervous. | 你太紧张了 |
[25:29] | I’ve never done that before. | 我从来没做过 |
[25:31] | I think you should argue. | 应该你去辩护 |
[25:32] | I would,but I haven’t the slightest idea what I’d say. | 是啊 但我不知道要说什么 |
[25:34] | Katie,until I get these strange tics of mine under control– | Katie 除非我这些小动作能控制住… |
[25:37] | I could be wrong,but it seems if you refuse to argue,you’d be letting the tics control you. | 没什么 但如果你不辩护 就让小动作控制了你 |
[25:42] | It’s lawful for attorneys to advertise. | 律师做广告是合法的 |
[25:45] | That’s all I did. | 我就是这么做的 |
[25:47] | Divorce is a growth industry. | 离婚是个快速发展的产业 |
[25:49] | Over half of marriages dissolve. | 一半以上伴侣都离婚了 |
[25:52] | I’m simply appealing to that market. | 我在这个市场很受欢迎 |
[25:54] | The personal injury lawyers are everywhere with their ads. | 个人伤害律师的广告四处都是 |
[25:58] | “If you’ve been hurt,call 1-800…” whatever. | “如果你受伤害了 请拨打1-800″什么的 |
[26:01] | Why is what I’ve done any different? | 为什么我就不行呢? |
[26:04] | This case should be summarily dismissed. | 这个案件应该立刻驳回 |
[26:07] | And I ask that the plaintiff be ordered to pay the costs | 并且原告要负担诉讼费 |
[26:10] | and attorney fees of this frivolous action. | 和此举的律师公费 |
[26:39] | I still remember the first time I saw “to kill a mockingbird.” | 还记得第一次看<杀死一只知更鸟> |
[26:43] | Watching gregory peck as atticus finch… | 看着 格里高利 派克 扮演律师”芬奇” |
[26:48] | I thought,wow,to be a lawyer,what a noble thing. | 我感觉 当律师多荣耀啊 |
[26:56] | How far we’ve slid. | 我们经历了多少 |
[26:58] | But this. | 但这个 |
[27:02] | I realize,your honor,we’re hardly a moral society anymore. | 法官大人 我们已经不再是道德社会了 |
[27:07] | We derive hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue from pornography, | 几千亿的税收都来自于色情行业 |
[27:14] | gambling,tobacco,illegal drugs,prostitution. | 赌博 烟草 毒品 卖淫 |
[27:18] | One major american city actually markets itself | 一个美国的大城市 |
[27:21] | to tourists as the place to come to commit adultery. | 甚至把自己推销为寻欢作乐的场所 |
[27:25] | “What happens in vegas stays in vegas. | 人们还常说 在赌城的记忆就留在那里 |
[27:28] | ” So what’s the big deal about a few distasteful attorney ads? | 那么几则不雅的律师广告算什么? |
[27:36] | Well,a lot. | 其实很严重 |
[27:40] | What does it say when the officers of our court, | 如果法庭上的人员 司法机构的人 |
[27:43] | the players in our justice system,overtly embrace sleaziness? | 都公然这样低俗 那意味什么呢? |
[27:49] | I realize we can’t all be noble,but what’s truly sad is that integrity,dignity– | 我知道我们不是圣人 但可悲的是正直和尊严 |
[27:54] | they aren’t even goals we aspire to anymore. | 它们已不再是我们的目标 |
[27:58] | These ads cheapen and demean the legal profession. | 这些广告降低了法律职业的威信 |
[28:02] | They did great damage to mary winston,whose marriage ended, | 它们伤害了Mary Winston |
[28:06] | in par as a result of mr. Gould’s influence. | 她的婚姻因为Gould先生 的影响而结束 |
[28:09] | It’s wrong,youronor. | 这是错的 法官大人 |
[28:10] | And if you allow us to have our day in court,I think a jury might agree. | 如果你允许我们维护法律的神圣 我想陪审团是不会反对的 |
[28:43] | I come in peace. | 我不是来捣乱的 |
[28:47] | How’s the trial going? | 审判怎么样了? |
[28:50] | You tell me. | 你告诉我啊 |
[28:52] | You don’t think I know you’re sitting back there? | 你以为我不知道你旁听了? |
[28:57] | – Denny,I just- – I-I-I know it. | – Denny 我只是… – 我明白 |
[29:03] | How am I doing? | 我干得怎么样? |
[29:05] | you’re doing great. | 你干得不错 |
[29:08] | I think you actually have a chance of winning. | 你有机会胜诉的 |
[29:14] | Who’s doing the closing? | 谁去做最终陈述? |
[29:16] | I am. | 我啊 |
[29:19] | Do you know what you plan to say? | 你有计划要说什么吗? |
[29:22] | No. | 没有 |
[29:25] | Can I help? | 我能帮忙么? |
[29:26] | I’m sure you can,but,uh… | 当然 不过… |
[29:31] | as much as you’re determined to fly solo,there’s a woman whose life– | 你决定孤单一生 就会有一个女人… |
[29:35] | I-I-I know that. | 我知道 |
[29:37] | It’s just– I’m– I’m working onhis myself. | 只是…我正在自己处理 |
[29:42] | And if I need any help,I’ll-I’ll ask you for it. | 如果需要帮忙 我会找你 |
[29:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:49] | denny,you’ve been doing a fabulous– | Denny 你干的挺漂亮的… |
[29:51] | – that puts pressure on me. – Sorry. | – 别给我压力 – 对不起 |
[29:57] | I’m here if you need me,and… | 如果你需要帮助… |
[30:00] | not if you don’T. | 不需要我就走了 |
[30:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:19] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样? |
[30:23] | He’s in the game. | 已经进入角色了 |
[30:46] | Imagine if we gave every woman going through menopause | 如果更年期或绝经期的女人 |
[30:49] | or perimenopause a free ticket to kill somebody. | 都能随意杀人而免受刑罚 |
[30:53] | That’s basically what the defense is suggesting. | 这就是被告的观点 |
[30:55] | Nowhere anywhere in the scientific community has anybody likened perimenopause to insanity. | 科学界没有人 把更年期和精神错乱相提并论 |
[31:01] | It’s ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[31:02] | Ask the husbands. | 这要问问丈夫们 |
[31:04] | Mr. Crane. | Crane先生 |
[31:05] | Married six times,judge,four of them wanted to kill me. | 法官大人 我结婚六次 四个老婆都想杀我 |
[31:09] | he thinks this is amusing. | 你只会说风凉话 |
[31:12] | Spousicide is anything but. | 但配偶谋杀可不是开玩笑 |
[31:15] | Six people are murdered in this country every single day by spouses or intimate partners. | 我国每天都有六人死于配偶或亲属谋杀 |
[31:20] | This is hardly the type of crime or trial we should shrug off. | 这种犯罪不容忽视 |
[31:24] | Don’t any of you dare shrug this off. | 你们不怕被忽视么 |
[31:27] | She delivered a brutal,fatal blow to the back of her husband’s head. | 她残忍地挥向丈夫 至他于死地 |
[31:33] | It was an unprovoked,voluntary attack. | 这是无故的蓄意伤害 |
[31:37] | She had no history of any mental disorder whatsoever. | 她又没有精神病史 |
[31:41] | She was caught holding the shovel in her hand. | 被捕时铲子还在她手里 |
[31:43] | He was leaving her. | 她丈夫抛弃了她 |
[31:45] | A divorce would have meant a forfeiture of half of her assets. | 离婚意味着一半财产的丧失 |
[31:48] | She had an emotional motive,she had a financial motive,and she confessed. | 情感上 经济上她都有动机 她也承认了 |
[31:59] | What more do you need? | 你们还需要什么呢? |
[32:09] | You’re fine. | 没事的 |
[32:46] | I-if you’re convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that | 如果你们确信无疑 |
[32:48] | my client voluntarily and with malice aforethought killed her husband… | 认为我的委托人蓄意杀死他丈夫 |
[32:55] | then you should convict. | 那你们就判决吧 |
[33:02] | But,uh… | 但是… |
[33:04] | you–you simply cannot be convinced of that. | 你们不能这么确定啊 |
[33:07] | This woman had no history of violence or crime. | 她没有暴力犯罪史 |
[33:11] | Clearly she didn’t plan this. | 显然她也没有计划 |
[33:13] | there are– there are better ways of getting away with murder | 想谋杀的话 有很多更好的方法 |
[33:15] | than hitting somebody on the head with a shovel in broad daylight. | 不至于大白天用铁铲杀人 |
[33:19] | Mr. Swarthmore says that she was caught with the shovel in her hands. | Swarthmore先生说被捕时 她手里有铲子 |
[33:23] | That’s–that’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[33:25] | She called the police. | 她报的警 |
[33:26] | He says she confessed. That’s not true. | 这就是她坦白了? 这是错的 |
[33:29] | She admitted to swinging the shovel,but she never confessed to intent. | 她承认自己挥起了铲子 但没承认是故意而为 |
[33:33] | She had and still has no memory of deciding to do it. | 虽然做了 但她没有清晰的记忆 |
[33:37] | And even if she really had planned to kill her husband using insanity as a ruse, | 就算她想以精神错乱为借口谋杀 |
[33:43] | don’t you think she would’ve manifested some symptoms beforehand to set up the defense? No. | 那她是否应该事先表现一些症状 来有利于辩护呢? 她没有 |
[33:48] | When you consider all the circumstances of this,the most likely conclusion has to be… | 如果你们通盘考虑 那审判结果肯定是… |
[33:55] | she simply snapped. | 她一时冲动 |
[33:59] | As forerimenopause inducing insanity, | 加上更年期的诱导作用 |
[34:01] | we never said that it caused prolonged dementia and delusions. | 不是说引起的长期迟钝和错觉 |
[34:05] | We’re saying that it triggered a flash of violence,an impulsive,involuntary reaction. | 而是更年期会引起瞬间暴力和冲动 |
[34:12] | You heard dr. Rosewell. | 你们听Rosewell医生说了 |
[34:13] | There is documented,objective proof that her estrogen levels were spiking. | 有证据显示她雌激素达到峰值 |
[34:19] | The prosecutor has offered no doctor to rule out what we said because no doctors can. | 检举人没找到医生来反对这种说法 因为医生们做不到 |
[34:28] | Nor can you. | 你们也做不到 |
[34:31] | The reality is,there is no reason for penelope kimball | 事实是 Penelope Kimball没理由 |
[34:35] | to pick up that shovel and swing it. | 拿起铁铲挥向他 |
[34:38] | It makes no sense. | 没意义啊 |
[34:39] | The only explanation is… | 唯一的解释就是… |
[34:45] | in an instant,in an impulse,she… | 突然间的冲动 她… |
[34:50] | lost herself. | 失去了控制 |
[35:02] | I said at the beginning,”the fun starts now.” There’s no fun. | 开始时我说”娱乐要开始了” 其实一点也不好玩 |
[35:06] | A man has lost his life,an innocent woman is faced with losing hers. | 男人已逝 清白的妻子还要 担心自己偿命 |
[35:12] | No intent. No malice aforethought. | 不是故意 也不是预谋的 |
[35:15] | And even if you should somehow believe otherwise,you cannot be so convinced… | 即使你们有些相信 也不能这么确信 |
[35:23] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 毫无疑问的确信 |
[35:28] | You simply cannot. | 只是不能这样 |
[36:02] | Lawyers can advertise now. | 律师是可以做广告的 |
[36:04] | I’m not a fan of it,but it is permissible for them to do so. | 我虽然不拥护 但这是许可的 |
[36:08] | And,mr. Espenson,let’s face it,with the proliferation of law schools, | Espenson先生 不得不说 由于法律学校连年扩招 |
[36:12] | the shady and disreputable are members of our brethren for good. | 声明败坏就是难免的了 |
[36:16] | But as low as the bar has been set,these billboards seem to slither right under it. | 律师业的准则已经这样低了 但这种广告却比他还低 |
[36:22] | It’s one thing to bottom-feed with personal injury cases and divorce cases and the like. | 帮助受理伤害或离婚等案件是一回事 |
[36:28] | It is quite another to be proponents of divorce then steer clients in that direction. | 劝导代理人离婚就是另一回事了 |
[36:34] | The institution of marriage already has enough trouble without your help. | 没有你们 婚姻的问题已经很多了 |
[36:39] | I’m letting this case go to a jury. | 我同意这个案子交由陪审团审理 |
[36:40] | Thank you,judge! | 谢谢你 法官大人! |
[36:45] | I beg your pardon. | 请您原谅 |
[36:52] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道要说什么 |
[36:53] | I am so grateful. | 太感谢了 |
[36:55] | You were brilliant. | 你太有才了 |
[36:56] | – Brilliant! | – 有才! – 有才! – Brilliant! |
[36:58] | Kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[37:01] | may I say something else,jerry? | 我能再说两句么 Jerry? |
[37:03] | I thought your argument was eloquent,a model of dignity | 你的辩护意味深长 |
[37:06] | and a noble example of what every other attorney should aspire to live up to. | 是其他律师的典范和目标 |
[37:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:10] | – Not to mention brilliant. – Brilliant! | – 更别说你这么有才 – 有才! |
[37:11] | Brilliant! | 有才! |
[37:26] | where’s penelope? | Penelope呢? |
[37:28] | Bathroom. | 在盥洗室 |
[37:40] | Denny,that closing was superb. | Denny 你的最终陈述很完美 |
[37:44] | Really? | 真的? |
[37:45] | It was fantastic. | 不可思议 |
[37:47] | I didn’t think this case was winnable. | 我以为这个案子赢不了的 |
[37:50] | But you just gave that jury a lot to think about. | 但现在陪审团需要仔细考虑了 |
[37:57] | Jury’s back. | 陪审团归位了 |
[38:02] | evidently they think quickly. | 显然他们思考得挺快 |
[38:06] | You go. Just come back and tell me. | 你去吧 回头告诉我就行 |
[38:09] | I don’t think I can. | 我感觉自己做不到 |
[38:15] | Let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[38:20] | Okay,I will remind everybody we have three counts. | 大家记住一共三项起诉 |
[38:25] | Let’s keep the decorum until three verdicts are read. | 请安静等陪审团把三项都宣读完毕 |
[38:29] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[38:34] | Mr. Foreman,what say you? | Foreman先生 请宣读 |
[38:36] | “In the matter of “the commonwealth of massachusetts “vs.Penelope kimball, | 就马萨诸塞州 控告Penelope Kimball的案件 |
[38:39] | on the charge of murder in the first degree,” | 一级谋杀罪名的控告 |
[38:42] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们认为被告无罪 |
[38:46] | “On the charge of murder in the second degree,” | 二级谋杀罪名的控告 |
[38:48] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们认为被告无罪 |
[38:51] | “But on the charge of manslaughter,we find the defendant”… | 至于一般杀人罪 我们认为被告… |
[38:57] | not guilty. | 也无罪 |
[39:00] | oh,my god. | 哦 我的天 |
[39:03] | Ladies and gentlemen the jury,thank you for your services. | 陪审团的各位 谢谢你们 |
[39:10] | Keep it civil. Can you do that? | 请礼貌一点 好么? |
[39:11] | Give us a little space. | 给我们一点空间 |
[39:23] | hang on there just a moment,will you? | 不要急好不好? |
[39:25] | One–one question at a time. I’m only human. | 一次一个问题 我也是人 |
[39:27] | Actually,I’m not. I’m denny crane. | 不过不是一般人 我是Denny Crane |
[39:30] | Reasonable doubt for a reasonable fee– that’s a denny crane promi me prosa. | 价格合理 物有所值 这就是Denny Crane的承诺 |
[39:33] | hold ’em off for a second,will you? I need a moment. | 拖延他们一会好么? 我需要一点时间 |
[39:35] | be right back,folks. | 我马上回来 |
[40:06] | how we doin’? | 怎么样了? |
[40:08] | Doing fine. Why wouldn’t I be? | 挺好的 为什么不好呢? |
[40:12] | No reason at all. | 完全没理由 |
[40:15] | The press is waiting. | 记者还等着呢 |
[40:22] | this is not just a great day for justice and penelope kimball, | 这不仅对于公平 和Penelope Kimball是个好日子 |
[40:25] | but for gardeners all across this country,when you think of it. | 更是全国园丁的好日子 |
[40:29] | There are democrats at this very moment out there | 此刻外面有很多民主党人 |
[40:31] | who are sponsoring legislation to impose waiting periods on sharp-edged shovels | 由于他们认为杀人的是铁铲而非人 |
[40:36] | and spades under the misguided notion that shovels kill,not people. | 所以希望立法建立铁铲铁锹的 庭外等待时间 |
[40:44] | Alan… | Alan… |
[40:47] | I wasn’t sure I’d ever have a moment like that again. | 我不知道自己还想不想再经历一次 |
[40:50] | What a moment it was. | 多好的经历啊 |
[40:54] | And to think you wanted to prevent me from sharing it. | 不过你都不想跟我分享 |
[40:57] | Here we go. | 这样说吧 |
[40:59] | You look ridiculous in that disguise,by the way. | 你那副打扮很可笑 |
[41:03] | I’m glad you were there. | 很高兴你去了 |
[41:05] | Of course you are. | 当然 |
[41:08] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[41:09] | I know it’s coming. Go ahead. | 我知道要来了 你说吧 |
[41:11] | Sleepover tonight? | 今晚好好玩玩? |
[41:14] | did it ever occur to you that after a victory like that, | 你有没有想过 这样的一场胜利之后 |
[41:16] | I might qualify for some serious sex tonight? | 我今晚有权利好好做爱? |
[41:21] | That I’m not offering. | 没想过 |
[41:23] | maybe with penelope. | 也许是跟Penelope |
[41:25] | Maybe the judge. Did you see the look she gave me? | 也许跟法官 你注意她看我的眼神了么? |
[41:27] | She gave you several looks. | 她给了你几次眼神 |
[41:33] | But,denny,a day like this truly needs to be savored in the company of a best friend. | 但是Denny 这样的一天 就该跟公司的朋友一起分享 |
[41:41] | Which would be you. | 你指自己 |
[41:44] | Which would be me. | 指我自己 |
[41:47] | Which would be you. | 就是你 |
[41:55] | I was something,wasn’t I? | 我还有用 是么? |
[41:58] | Denny,you are always something. | Denny 你一直有用 |
[42:07] | I don’t want this day to end. | 不希望今天结束 |
[42:12] | Neither do I. | 我也是 |