时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on ‘Boston legal’ | “波士顿法律”前集回顾 |
[00:01] | You kill her, Lincoln? | Lincoln,你杀了她吗? |
[00:02] | – She was drawn to me! – Drawn to you? | – 她曾经迷恋着我! – 迷恋着 你? |
[00:04] | You’re a weird little pervert. | 你真是个扭曲奇怪的小变态. |
[00:06] | You watch your mouth! | 闭上你的臭嘴! |
[00:07] | Or what, you’ll kill me? | 如果不呢,你会杀了我? |
[00:09] | You’re an extraordinary woman. | 你真是个非凡的女人. |
[00:10] | I don’t get to meet many. | 我都没见过多少跟您这样的. |
[00:12] | I met this guy, Tom. | 我遇到了一个这样的人, 叫Tom. |
[00:13] | My daughter, she wants me to fight the cancer, | 我女儿,她希望我能和 癌症做斗争, |
[00:15] | but I got a second and third opinion, and they all say it’s inoperable. | 但是我想了又想, 而且人们说我不可治愈了. |
[00:18] | You see how this makes so much sense? | 你看这一切有多合情合理啊? |
[00:19] | If you attempt to purchase a lung, | 如果你想买个肺, |
[00:21] | you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. | 你会受到法律全方位的攻击. |
[00:24] | Tom and I are gonna be going on a little vacation. | Tom和我准备去趟小小的渡假. |
[00:26] | – Where? – Probably best you don’t know. | – 哪儿? – 你不知道最好. |
[00:31] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com (http://club.nate.com/tsm) | 磊阜力累 – NSC 磊阜评 |
[00:37] | I don’t think wearing costumes during business hours is such a good idea. | 我不认为工作时间穿节日服装 是个好主意. |
[00:43] | Oh, it’s good for morale. | 哦,这对鼓舞大家干劲有好处. |
[00:44] | We end up getting a better turnout for the party. | 我们这么做对大家的派对 也更有好处. |
[00:51] | I wonder what he’s done now. | 我想知道他又干了什么. |
[00:53] | Perjury? Jerry, I can’t keep up. | 做伪证? Jerry, 我做不来了. |
[00:55] | One day it’s the doll, the next scientologists, | 又是仿真娃娃, 又是科学论学者的, |
[00:59] | now perjury. | 现在又来了伪证. |
[01:00] | Add to that a little hop. | 还有新出现的那一小跳. |
[01:02] | Okay, uh, deep breath. | 好吧,恩,深呼吸. |
[01:06] | And start from the middle. | 从刚才断的地方说起. |
[01:09] | I was on a jury over the summer, a federal capital case. | 我在夏天的某陪审团尽职, 一个联邦法院的死罪案. |
[01:12] | In order to be on such a jury, | 要进那个陪审团的话, |
[01:14] | you must declare in your questionnaire that you’re not against the death penalty. | 你必须在你的问卷调查中 说明你不反对适用死刑. |
[01:18] | – What’s with the hop? – It’s a nervous tick. | – 你这么跳是怎么回事? – 是紧张神经跳. |
[01:21] | When I try to control my voice, sometimes my legs hop, okay? | 当我尝试控制我的声调时, 有时候我的腿会跳一下,好伐? |
[01:23] | Would you prefer that I squeal? | 你更愿意听我尖叫? |
[01:25] | Well… | 额… |
[01:27] | You didn’t let me answer. | 你没让我回答. |
[01:28] | Anyway, we found the man guilty, imposed a life sentence. | 无论如何,我们定了那人有罪, 判了终身监禁. |
[01:32] | Cut to weeks later, | 几个星期以后, |
[01:33] | I’m doing an interview in furtherance of my new firm, | 我为扩大我新律所 做了一个访谈节目, |
[01:36] | I’m being profiled, if you can imagine, | 他们开始调查我了, 如果你能想象, |
[01:37] | and somehow the issue of the death penalty comes up, | 而且万一涉及死刑问题, |
[01:40] | and I said that I’ve always been categorically opposed. | 我又说了我一直都是 无条件坚决地反对的. |
[01:43] | And the prosecutor from the capital case must have read it, | 而那死罪案的控方 肯定知道了, |
[01:45] | and he had me arrested for committing perjury against the federal court. | 而且他以对联邦法院伪证罪逮捕了我. |
[01:48] | And now I’m about to go on trial. | 而现在我大概要上庭了. |
[01:51] | I’m confused. | 我听迷糊了. |
[01:52] | Oh. I was on a jury over the summer, a federal capital case… | 哦,我在夏天的某陪审团尽职, 一个联邦法院的死罪案… |
[01:55] | No, I know what happened. | 不,我了解了案件事实. |
[01:56] | I’m confused as to why you lied about your views on capital punishment. | 我只是迷糊为什么你对 死罪的观点上要撒谎. |
[01:59] | – Because it’s wrong. – Okay, it’s wrong. | – 因为这不对. – 好吧,这不对. |
[02:01] | So why lie? | 但是为什么撒谎? |
[02:02] | It’s not just the death penalty, | 并不是关于死罪, |
[02:03] | it’s the issue that only pro-death people should get to sit on death cases. | 而是只有赞成死罪的人 才能做陪审团这个事实. |
[02:07] | It’s stacking the deck, Alan. It’s wrong. | 这是事前违规, Alan. 是不对的. |
[02:09] | That’s why I lied, to unstack a stacked deck. | 这就是我为什么撒谎, 纠正事前违规. |
[02:13] | And now you’re being charged with perjury. | 而现在你被人以伪证罪起诉了. |
[02:15] | And the horrible prosecutor man wants me to serve three years. | 而那个可恶的起诉方要我服刑三年. |
[02:24] | Boston Legal 3×07. Trick or Treat | 波士顿法律 |
[02:28] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 力烙胶 胶菩捞歹 (举繁 碱绢 娴) |
[02:32] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 临府 焊愧 (靛聪令 官快绢 娴) |
[02:34] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 付农 骇府 (宏贰靛 眉捞胶 娴) |
[02:36] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 福 坷滚炼蠢客 (弃 福困胶畔 娴) |
[02:39] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 农饭捞弊 厚绢内 (力橇府 内龋 娴) |
[02:42] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 牡叼胶 滚罢 (既府 酱固飘 娴) |
[02:45] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 廓府决 箕飘呈 (单聪 农饭牢 娴) |
[02:48] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 雕抛捞记 辫枚闭(kim1047@nate.com) |
[02:50] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 教农祈笼 辣急康(seedyun@nate.com) |
[02:51] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣之作 茄臂锅开 辫抄林(nanjidoo@nate.com) 弥悼泅(brit01@nate.com) |
[02:52] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com ORIGINAL AIR DATE ON ABC: 2006/10/31 | 纯属个人兴趣之作 |
[02:54] | The grim reaper? | 一个收魂怪? |
[02:55] | I thought I could use it throughout the year, | 我觉得我全年都可以穿着它, |
[02:57] | you know, when I fire people. It’s a nice touch. | 你知道么,当我解雇人的时候, 这样满感人的. |
[03:00] | You gotta see me in full costume. | 你得看到我全副武装的样子. |
[03:04] | Hello. | 你好. |
[03:06] | Hello. Lovely outfit, but I’m not surprised. | 你好.外套不错. 不过我没吓到. |
[03:09] | Lincoln. | Lincoln. |
[03:10] | Did someone speak? I heard a noise. | 有人说话了吗? 我听到点噪音. |
[03:12] | It sounded a bit godless, but I heard it all the same. | 听起来是有点像无良, 不过我总听得到. |
[03:15] | May I have a word with you, Shirley Schmidt? | 我能和你说句话吗, Shirley Schmidt? |
[03:18] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干吗? |
[03:19] | Well, I’m certainly having nothing to do with you, Mr. Dirty mouth. | 臭嘴巴先生,我来这当然与你不相干. |
[03:22] | I came to talk to Shirley | 我来和Shirley说会话 |
[03:24] | because she is a name partner in Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | 因为她在Crane, Poole & Schmidt律所 可是上了名字的合伙人. |
[03:27] | This is for you, Shirley. | 这是给你的, Shirley. |
[03:30] | – It’s a summons. – Yes, and I am sorry, | – 这是份传唤书. – 是的,而且很抱歉, |
[03:32] | because I sense you and I could be friends. | 因为我觉得你和我 可以成为朋友的. |
[03:34] | But I have been wronged by your firm, Shirley, | 但是我看错了你的律所, Shirley, |
[03:37] | specifically by Mr. Dirty mouth, here. | 尤其是我身边的这位,臭嘴巴先生. |
[03:40] | He slandered my good name. | 他抹杀了我的好名誉. |
[03:42] | Lincoln, not to ruin your plans, | Lincoln, 并不是特意伤害你的, |
[03:43] | but I have immunity for what I say in court. | 但是我对我法庭上说的话有豁免权. |
[03:45] | You have qualified immunity, which you ran viciously amok of. | 你是有相当的豁免权, 但你是杀气冲冲地血口喷人. |
[03:49] | Oh, you had your fun running over me, didn’t you, Mr. Dirty mouth? | 哦,你那样诋毁伤害我很有趣, 不是吗,臭嘴巴先生? |
[03:53] | Well, now it’s my turn to run over you. | 恩,现在是我伤害你的时间了. |
[03:55] | And again, I am sorry, Shirley. | 再一次的,很抱歉, Shirley. |
[03:57] | I feel you and I could’ve forged a special bond. | 我觉得你和我本应有 特别的感情羁绊的. |
[04:05] | What exactly did you say about him? | 你到底说了他什么? |
[04:09] | Oh, you know, that he might have been the killer. | 哦,就是,我说他可能是凶手. |
[04:16] | # I once knew a man # | # 我曾经了解一男人 # |
[04:18] | # who owned a butcher shop # | # 他有家肉店 # |
[04:20] | # Ole! # | # Ole! # |
[04:22] | # He also had apartments to rent up on top # | # 他在顶楼有房子出租 # |
[04:29] | # but he didn’t include on the sign that he painted “no pets” # | # 但是他没说他写了块”宠物禁止”的牌子 # |
[04:35] | # And the tenant who rented had six hungry dogs he regrets # | # 所以租房者带着六只饿肚狗进来 的时候他后悔了 # |
[04:40] | # but he said! # | # 但是他这么说! # |
[04:41] | # When things go wrong # | # 当事情不顺时# |
[04:44] | # just sing this song # | # 就唱着这首歌# |
[04:48] | # the birds in the trees # | # 树上的鸟儿 # |
[04:51] | # will sing “C’est la vie” # | # 会唱”C’est la vie” (翻译注:<如果我法语还没全忘记>,C’est la vie意思是:这就是人生) # |
[04:54] | # and soon you will see your cares will be free # | # 然后你的忧虑都会化解 # |
[04:59] | Denise, what’s wrong? | Denise, 出什么事啦? |
[05:01] | # Sing C’est la vie # | # 唱着 C’est la vie # |
[05:02] | – Daniel. – What? Daniel Post? | – 什么? Daniel Post? – Daniel. |
[05:05] | # Sing C’est la vie # | # 唱着 C’est la vie # |
[05:08] | He’s dead. | 他死了. |
[05:11] | # Sing C’est la vie # | # 唱着 C’est la vie # |
[05:12] | He’s dead. | 他已经死了. |
[05:18] | Yeah. | 恩. |
[05:23] | Yeah. | 恩. |
[05:28] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[05:30] | Good-bye. | 再见. |
[05:37] | Um… | 额… |
[05:40] | Daniel died during a lung transplant surgery in Brazil. | Daniel在巴西肺移植手术中死了. |
[05:44] | And you get the news through a mariachi band? | 你通过一墨西哥流浪乐队就知道了这些? |
[05:47] | You had to know Daniel. | 你得了解Daniel. |
[05:50] | He, uh, always said that when his time came, | 他,恩,总说他的那天到来的话, |
[05:53] | “Hmm, C’est la vie.” | “恩, C’est la vie.” |
[05:58] | Is there gonna be a service? | 会不会举行个仪式什么的? |
[06:00] | We had one while he was alive. | 他活着的时候我们举行过了. |
[06:02] | – Sorry? – Again… | – 什么? – 再一次的… |
[06:04] | you had to know Daniel. | 你得了解Daniel. |
[06:08] | I wish I had. | 我希望我了解他. |
[06:10] | His remains are at Mass General. | 他的遗体在Mass General. |
[06:13] | So I think I’ll go and… | 所以我觉得我要去那里然后… |
[06:16] | pay my respects there and, uh… | 对他的遗体致敬然后, 额… |
[06:21] | yeah. | 恩. |
[06:23] | – Would you like me to go with you? – No, thank you. | – 你要我陪你去吗? – 不,谢谢你. |
[06:28] | I’m… | 我… |
[06:29] | I’m fine. | 我很好. |
[06:31] | I’ve been braced for this for a long time. | 我一直紧张这天的到来. |
[06:34] | I think… | 我觉得… |
[06:37] | I’m actually okay. | 我感觉还好. |
[06:41] | Trick or treat. | 不给好处就捣蛋. |
[06:52] | Maybe not. | 也许不给. |
[06:54] | Dead? | 死了? |
[06:55] | Evidently during a lung transplant operation. / Oh, my god. | 显然是在肺移植手术中死的. / 哦,天啊. |
[06:59] | Well, do we cancel the Halloween party? | 恩,我们取消万圣节派对吗? |
[07:02] | Well, I certainly have to cancel my costume, but… | 恩,我肯定要取消我的节日服, 但是… |
[07:05] | no, we’re a big firm. I say we go forward with the party. | 不,我们是个大律所. 我的意思是派对照老计划进行. |
[07:09] | Um, on another matter, | 恩,还有件事, |
[07:11] | we’re being sued for slander by one of Jeffrey’s red herrings in the Scott Little trial. | 我们律所被一个在Scott Little一案中 Jeffery的转移性发言所中伤的人控告了. |
[07:15] | Which one? There were so many. | 哪位?当时转移性发言伤了满多人. |
[07:16] | The neighbor Lincoln Meyer. | 那个邻居 Lincoln Meyer. |
[07:17] | Great. Do we need to get outside counsel? | 太好了.我们要请外援律师吗? |
[07:20] | We do not. I can defend this myself. | 我们不必要. 我可以为自己辩护. |
[07:22] | – Very bad idea. – I’m full of them. | – 真是个坏想法. – 我已经准备好啦. |
[07:24] | At a minimum, we use somebody not involved in this trial. | 至少,我们也要找个和这案子无关的人去. |
[07:27] | Well, that leaves Alan, me and… | 恩,那就剩下Alan,我,和… |
[07:29] | Uh, Brad. | 恩, Brad. |
[07:31] | No, no, no, no. Not him. | 不,不,不,不,不要他. |
[07:32] | Yes, him. | 是的,就是他. |
[07:33] | This will be an opportunity for the two of you to bond. | 这将给你们和好创造个机会. |
[07:37] | Get yourself in a bit of trouble there, sport? | 运动男孩,自己惹了点小麻烦啊? |
[07:43] | I’m certainly not defending his deceit. | 我肯定不要为了他的谎言辩护. |
[07:46] | Mr. Espenson never meant to truly defraud the court. | Espenson先生从未想到欺瞒法庭. |
[07:48] | There’s no real proof he lied. | 他骗人你们也没有确实的证据. |
[07:50] | He could have simply been lying in the subsequent interview | 他可能也只是在最近的访谈 中撒谎了而已 |
[07:53] | where he was pretending to be against the death penalty. | 他假装是反对死刑的样子. |
[07:56] | Is this how you intend to play it, | 这就是你们准备辩护的, |
[07:58] | that he was truthful with us and lied during his magazine interview? | 他和我们一起说的 是实话而杂志访谈中做假? |
[08:03] | No. | 不是. |
[08:04] | I intend to play it by asking for an exercise of your discretion. | 我准备辩护的是 问下你的判断力是不是有问题. |
[08:09] | Mr. Shore, this case started in state court. | Shore先生,这个案子可是联邦案子. |
[08:12] | It was specifically removed to federal jurisdiction | 它被特定许可联邦管辖, |
[08:14] | at the direction of Alberto Gonzales. | 受Alberto Gonzales的特许. |
[08:16] | Why? Because Massachusetts doesn’t have a death penalty. | 为什么? 因为Massachusetts州没有判死刑的能力. |
[08:19] | So his perjury is a big deal. | 所以他的伪证是件大事. |
[08:21] | My marching orders are to prosecute him to the full extent. | 我的诉求是最大限度的让他受制裁. |
[08:25] | Now if he wants to plea, | 现在如果他想认罪, |
[08:27] | I’ll give him 18 months. | 我可以同意他坐18个月的牢. |
[08:29] | My client is not going to prison for 18 months. | 我的当事人不会去坐18个月的牢的. |
[08:32] | Well, it’s either that or three years as far as I can see. | 恩,就我所能见的,不接受18个月的话, 就准备三年的判决吧. |
[08:36] | Come on, Jerry. | 过来, Jerry. |
[09:01] | Here we go. | 在这啦. |
[09:04] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[09:05] | The remains of Daniel Post. | Daniel Post的遗体. |
[09:07] | Okay, he wasn’t a large man, but he was taller than that. | 好吧,他不是个大个子, 但他的遗体至少也比这个高大多了. |
[09:10] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦,很抱歉. |
[09:11] | Mr. Post donated his body parts | Post先生捐献了他的遗体部分 |
[09:13] | to either research science or organ transplant facilities. | 给了科研机构或者器官移植机构. |
[09:16] | All that remains is a foot. | 所留下的只有一只脚. |
[09:19] | – A foot? – Just the one? | – 一只脚? – 只有一只? |
[09:21] | Yes. | 是的. |
[09:28] | Well, we’re here. | 恩,只有这样了. |
[09:33] | Yes? | 恩? |
[09:34] | Please. | 来吧. |
[09:42] | He looks so peaceful. | 他看起来很平静. |
[09:45] | That’s not Daniel Post. | 这不是 Daniel Post. |
[09:47] | I beg your pardon? | 什么? |
[09:48] | Daniel Post was 5’7″, white and a size 8 max. | Daniel Post 是 5’7″, 白人并且最多只有8号尺码. |
[09:51] | That is a black foot, and it is the size of a small boat. | 这是一只黑人脚, 尺码大得像小船了. |
[09:54] | Well, there must be some mistake. | 恩,肯定是出了点差错. |
[09:55] | Yes, a big one, and you made it. | 是啊,大差错,而且你们造成的. |
[09:57] | That is an African-American foot. | 这是只黑人美国人的脚. |
[09:59] | It looks darker in the box. If we see it in the light… | 在盒子里看上去黑点儿. 如果光线好的话… |
[10:01] | No, no, I don’t need to see it in the… | 不,不,我不需要光线好… |
[10:03] | where is Daniel Post? | Daniel Post在哪? |
[10:05] | Is everything all right? | 一切还好吗? |
[10:06] | No. No, everything is not all right. For god’s sakes… | 不不,一切都不好. 看在上帝的份上… |
[10:10] | Please, could you find my friend something lighter, | 不好意思,你能帮我朋友找个颜色淡点的, |
[10:13] | possibly in a size eight? | 大概8尺的脚吗? |
[10:25] | A big foot? | 一只大脚? |
[10:27] | She’s meeting with the facility manager in an hour. | 她一小时后和器官部门负责人见面. |
[10:29] | I’d have stayed, but I’m in court with Jerry. | 我本想留下,但我要和Jerry上庭去. |
[10:31] | Give me the address. I’ll go. | 给我地址.我去. |
[10:33] | Brad, how are we doing with Lincoln Meyer? | Brad,我们与Lincoln Meyer现状怎样? |
[10:35] | I have a motion to dismiss marked up for this afternoon. | 我通过了一个取消下午定案的动议. |
[10:37] | In the meantime, he’s noticed a depo for judge Hooper. | 与此同时,他还说他要为法官Hooper宣誓. |
[10:40] | Oh, great. | 哦,真好. |
[10:41] | And who’s representing this charming man? | 而谁要位这位 迷人的先生做辩护? |
[10:44] | That’s the most fun part of all. | 这是其中最有趣的地方了. |
[10:46] | I’m representing myself, Shirley, like Gideon. | 我为自己辩护, Shirley, 就像Gideon一样. |
[10:49] | I hope you’ll all join me for judge Hooper’s deposition. | 我希望你们都参加我举办的 为法官Hooper的宣誓. |
[10:52] | Refreshments will, of course, be served. | 当然,到时会有小点心饮料什么的. |
[10:54] | Oh, it’s all too delicious for words, don’t you think? | 哦,这么说说都觉得美味了,不是吗? |
[11:02] | I’ve got a caterer coming in 20 minutes, | 我20分钟后会有个负责举办者过来, |
[11:04] | so I want the conference room clean and I mean… | 所以我希望会议室干净,我指… |
[11:07] | Mr. Jones, would you please explain what a death-qualified jury is? | Jones先生,你能阐述下称职的死刑陪审员是什么样子的?, |
[11:11] | During voir dire, | 在宣誓阶段 |
[11:13] | jurors are asked the so-called Witherspoon questions, | 陪审员会被问道所谓的Witherspoon问卷, |
[11:15] | named for the supreme court decision | 是根据最高法院的决定做出的 |
[11:16] | that determined the process for jury selection in a capital case. | 对于死刑案件的陪审团选拔的必经程序. |
[11:20] | According to Witherspoon, | 根据Witherspoon问卷, |
[11:21] | jurors who simply have a general objection to the death penalty cannot be kept off, | 对死刑采取反对态度的陪审员会被剔除, |
[11:25] | but anyone who would always voted against the death penalty | 而不论在任何情况下都同意死刑的陪审员 |
[11:27] | under any circumstances can be. | 会得到通过. |
[11:29] | – And Mr. Espenson was on this jury? – Yes. | – 而Espenson先生当时选进了陪审团? – 是的. |
[11:31] | He declared in his questionnaire | 他在他的问卷里宣称了 |
[11:33] | that he had no objection to the death penalty under any circumstances. | 他在任何情况下都不会反对死刑. |
[11:36] | We learned later that this was a lie. | 我们在此之后发现这是个谎言. |
[11:39] | I’m curious, | 我很好奇, |
[11:40] | when you’re trying someone accused of larceny, | 当你们控告别人盗窃的时候, |
[11:42] | do you ask potential jurors if they oppose jail time? | 你们有没有问可能当陪审员的人他们 反不反对坐牢? |
[11:46] | No. | 没有. |
[11:47] | Do you ask them if they oppose fines or community service | 你们有没有问他们是否反对罚款 或者劳教? |
[11:49] | – or giving the victim restution? – No. | – 或者给受害人赔偿? – 没有. |
[11:51] | So there is no such thing as a jail-qualified jury | 所以并没有什么”赞成坐牢陪审团” 这样的东西? |
[11:55] | or a fine-him-$1,000-qualified jury, | 或者”赞成罚他1000元陪审团”, |
[11:57] | a make-him-pick-up-trash- on-the-highway-qualified jury? | 或”让他到高速公路捡垃圾陪审团”? |
[12:01] | No, there’s not. | 是的,没有. |
[12:02] | And yet there is a death-qualified jury. | 但是却有个死刑适格陪审团. |
[12:05] | I wonder why that is. | 我好奇为什么. |
[12:06] | Could it be that a jury made up of people favoring the death penalty | 是不是有个都赞成死刑的人组成 的陪审团 |
[12:09] | is more prone to convict in the first place? | 更容易在第一时间就将犯人定罪了? |
[12:12] | – There’s no evidence of that. – Come on. | – 可没证据证明你这观点. – 得了吧. |
[12:14] | I have many prosecutor friends. | 我有许多检察官朋友. |
[12:15] | They tell me once you have your death-qualified jury, | 他们告诉我只要一有 死刑适格陪审团存在, |
[12:18] | your work is pretty much done. | 你差不多就尘埃落定了. |
[12:19] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对. – 反对有效. |
[12:20] | If you have 12 people who you know are ready to kill somebody, | 当有12个已知的要定人 死刑的人的时候, |
[12:23] | I bet that “presumed innocent” idea is far less problematic. | 我打赌那”罪刑法定原则” (即在宣判前不得认定有罪) 早是毫无疑问的没了. |
[12:26] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对. – 反对有效. |
[12:31] | Uh, it seems that, um… | 恩,看上去是,恩… |
[12:34] | none of, uh, Daniel, uh, ended up where… | 没有,恩, Daniel, 恩, 的遗体在这里… |
[12:38] | I assure you, we’re investigating. | 我可以打包票,我们在调查这事情. |
[12:40] | What do you mean, none of him? | 你说他遗体不在这里是什么意思? |
[12:43] | Mr. Post’s cadaver has apparently been stolen. | Post先生的遗体很显然被偷了. |
[12:47] | We suspect his parts have found their way into the black market. | 我们怀疑他的身体部分在流向黑市. |
[12:51] | The black market? | 黑市? |
[12:52] | The very place Daniel did his shopping. | 就在Daniel以前购买东西的地方. |
[12:55] | Sorry. | 很抱歉. |
[12:57] | We think we have a lead as to who stole him. | 我想我们对谁偷了他有点头绪. |
[13:07] | Your mother? | 你母亲? |
[13:08] | Yes. It seems we’re getting serious. | 是的,看样子我们是玩真的了. |
[13:11] | I want you to meet her. | 我想你去见见她. |
[13:12] | I’m not good with mothers. | 我不太会和母亲类的打交道. |
[13:13] | You’ll make the effort with mine. | 你要和我一起努力. |
[13:15] | Is she a little person? | 她也是个矮个子吗? |
[13:17] | Does that matter? | 这有关系吗? |
[13:19] | Of course not. You know how I love them so. | 当然没有. 你也知道我有多么爱矮个子. |
[13:22] | Bethany… | Bethany… |
[13:23] | I’m not the kind of guy that girls take home to their mother. | 我不是那种女孩子 会带回家给母亲看的男人. |
[13:27] | I tend to… | 我总会… |
[13:29] | you know, hit on them. | 你知道的,诱惑她们. |
[13:33] | You’ll meet my mother, Denny, | 你必须见我母亲, Denny, |
[13:35] | you’ll be nice to her and dignified. | 你要对她和善并且景仰. |
[13:40] | Did your wife ever say to you that I was a pedophile? | 你的妻子曾经和你说我是个恋童癖吗? |
[13:43] | No. | 没有. |
[13:44] | Did she ever indicate that she believed me to be a pedophile? | 她有暗示过你我是个恋童癖吗? |
[13:48] | No. | 没有. |
[13:50] | Do you find it odd that your beautiful wife, may she rest in peace, | 你有觉得奇怪, 你的美丽的妻子-愿她在天堂安息, |
[13:54] | would tell Scott Little that she thought I was a pedophile and never say that to you? | 会告诉Scott Little她觉得 我是个恋童癖并没有告诉你? |
[14:00] | My suspicion is she never said that to Scott Little. | 我觉得她从未和Scott Little说过. |
[14:03] | Just a theory, | 只是个测想, |
[14:04] | but my bet is his lawyers convinced him to drop the pedophile tag | 但是我想他的律师打出恋童癖 这张牌也是为了帮他脱罪 |
[14:08] | to better set you up as a red herring as my wife’s killer. | 让你转移为他们认为是杀我妻子凶手的人. |
[14:11] | Did you ever say anything to these despicable lawyer people | 你曾经和这些可耻的律师说过什么 |
[14:15] | that could lead them to think I killed your wife, god rest her soul? | 会让他们觉得我杀了 您的妻子-愿她灵魂得到安息~的话吗? |
[14:19] | There’s nothing I told them in support of their theory | 我没告诉任何支持他们观点的 |
[14:21] | that you were the killer. | 关于您是凶手这样的话. |
[14:26] | – Well, that seemed worthless. – Maybe. | – 恩,没什么收获嘛. – 也许. |
[14:29] | What basis did you have for suggesting him as the killer? | 你到底有什么根据来怀疑他是凶手? |
[14:32] | – What basis? – Yes. | – 什么根据? – 是的. |
[14:34] | She got a restraining order against him. He’s certifiable. | 她有张对他的禁令.他都上榜了. |
[14:36] | Was there evidence at all that he could have done it or that he was a pedophile? | 有没有确实的证据 他杀了人或者他是个恋童癖? |
[14:40] | You representing him or me in this, Brad? | 你是在案子中代理他还是代理我, Brad? |
[14:42] | I’m just asking you the questions | 我只是问你这些问题 |
[14:44] | that he’ll be asking you if this ever goes to trial, Jeff. | 如果你们上庭的话他可能会问你的, Jeff. |
[14:47] | This goes to trial, one of us is a pretty terrible lawyer. | 如果这案子要上庭解决, 我们中就有一个是不称职的律师. |
[14:50] | Our only defense is civil disobedience, Jerry, | 我们唯一的辩护理由是 不合作主义, Jerry, |
[14:52] | and it’s not a particularly legal one at that. | 而这并不是很有法律依据的. |
[14:55] | You need to be sincere up there, and passionate. | 你上庭后要真诚,而且要热情. |
[14:58] | Melissa, I wrote a memorandum on civil disobedience last year. | Melissa,我去年关于不合作主义写了个备忘. |
[15:02] | I need… what’s happening here? | 我需要… 这是怎么了这? |
[15:04] | I’ve been reassigned to a different lawyer, Alan. | 我被分到另一个律师那里了, Alan. |
[15:06] | I’m no longer your assistant. | 我不再是你的助手了. |
[15:08] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[15:10] | I’ll still be at the firm. I’ve just been reassigned. | 我还会在公司的, 只是被调开了. |
[15:13] | Reassigned to whom? | 调到谁那里了? |
[15:15] | Jeffrey Coho. | Jeffrey Coho. |
[15:19] | Melissa, what’s going on? | Melissa, 到底怎么了? |
[15:20] | What’s going on, Alan, | 到底怎么了, Alan, |
[15:22] | is I’m not comfortable discovering you in closets photography buffing | 是因为我发现你在壁橱里 “洗照片”觉得不舒服 |
[15:26] | or walking into your office finding some sex doctor measuring your pants | 或者走进你的办公室 发现什么性医生给你量裤子 |
[15:29] | or smelling the waft of maple syrup after you’ve tried cases against old girlfriends. | 或者在你和你前女友办案子后 闻到你身上的枫叶糖浆味道. |
[15:35] | What’s going on is I’ve had enough. | 到底发生了什么是说我受不了了. |
[15:38] | I see. | 我明白了. |
[15:39] | And how did you happen to end up with this Jeffrey Coho? | 你怎么最终会调给了这个Jeffrey Coho呢? |
[15:44] | Oh. We clicked. | 哦.我们一拍即和. |
[15:52] | This is where a crisp, little squeal works particularly well for me. | 这是对我来讲小小尖叫下的好时机. |
[16:06] | – Ms. Bauer. – Yeah? | – Bauer夫人. – 恩? |
[16:08] | I am pleased to report we have recovered Mr. Post. | 非常高兴告诉您我们发现了Post. |
[16:12] | – Really? – Not all of him, | – 真的? – 不是完整的他, |
[16:14] | but, uh, you know, if you’d like to pay your respects. | 但是,恩,你知道的, 如果你想表示下敬重. |
[16:16] | Um… | 恩… |
[16:18] | what have you got? | 你们到底有什么? |
[16:19] | Wll, uh, so far, and the search is by no means complete, of course, | 恩,额,到今为止,当然, 我们还在不断搜索, |
[16:22] | but, uh, so far, we, we have his, uh, spleen. | 但是,恩,现在, 我们,我们找到了他的,恩,脾脏. |
[16:26] | That’s it, his spleen? | 就这么多了,他的脾脏? |
[16:29] | Yeah. | 恩. |
[16:29] | But we’re positive it’s him. | 但是我们肯定是他. |
[16:38] | More than half of the world’s countries have outlawed capital punishment. | 世界上过半数的国家有非法的死刑判刑. |
[16:42] | Virtually all of the industrialized democracies have eliminated it. | 道德上所有发达的民主主义国家废除了它. |
[16:46] | The five countries that execute the most people are, | 世界上死刑最常见的五大国家是, |
[16:48] | in order, China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, | 依次是,中国,伊拉克,沙特阿拉伯 |
[16:51] | the United states and Pakistan. | 美国和巴基斯坦. |
[16:54] | Is that the company we want to keep? | 他们是我们想为伍的国家吗? |
[16:56] | So to be clear, | 说白了, |
[16:58] | you are completely opposed to the death penalty. / I am. | 你完全反对死刑. / 是的. |
[17:01] | And yet, when you were given the juror questionnaire to fill out, | 而如今,在你接受问卷调查的时候, |
[17:05] | you said you weren’t. | 你说你并不反对. |
[17:06] | Yes. | 是的. |
[17:07] | Why, Jerry? | 为什么, Jerry? |
[17:08] | Because I know how the system works. | 因为我知道这个体制的运做. |
[17:10] | If you admit you oppose capital punishment, | 如果你承认你反对死刑, |
[17:14] | they keep you off the jury, | 他们不让你进陪审团, |
[17:15] | having only pro-death penalty people on the jury | 一个只有赞成死刑的陪审团 |
[17:18] | is completely unfair to the defendant, | 对于被告是完全不公正的, |
[17:20] | which is why I committed an act of civil disobedience, | 这是为什么我作出了不合作的决定, |
[17:23] | to call attention to the gross unfairness of my sexual surrogate. | 对于我的性治疗者不公正的教训. |
[17:28] | I mean the jury selection process! | 我是指陪审团的挑选程序! |
[17:41] | Oh, it just came out. | 哦,不小心说漏了. |
[17:47] | Jerry… | Jerry… |
[17:50] | I know you know that perjury in federal court is serious. | 我想你知道伪证在联邦法院是严重的. |
[17:55] | What I’m not sure you appreciate… | 我想你并不想… |
[17:58] | this case you were a juror on… | 这个案子中你是一位陪审员… |
[18:02] | it was of enormous importance to the government. | 这对于政府来讲很严重. |
[18:06] | It was an opportunity to bring the death penalty to a state that doesn’t have it. | 这等于把赞同死刑观点 带进了一个没有死刑的国家. |
[18:10] | As as far as they’re concerned… | 就他们所考虑的… |
[18:13] | you ruined some… | 你毁坏了他们很多… |
[18:18] | very big plans. | 非常大的计划. |
[18:21] | This sounds like a preamble to a very bad prognosis. | 这像是个坏企划的导言一样. |
[18:27] | I’ve talked to Denny, Shirley, Paul Lewiston. | 我和Denny, Shirley, Paul Lewiston讨论了. |
[18:32] | I’ve had a lot of people trying to pull strings behind the scenes. | 我让很多人想方设法为这案子做铺垫. |
[18:37] | This case is not going away. | 这个案子在控制中. |
[18:42] | But I expect that… | 但是我觉得… |
[18:46] | you are. | 你可能会失控. |
[18:50] | We have no defense, Jerry. | 我们没有辩护理由, Jerry. |
[18:52] | You flat-out committed perjury. | 你明显承认了做伪证. |
[19:06] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[19:11] | Can I say good-bye to my mother? | 我能和我妈妈说再见吗? |
[19:14] | You’re not going away this minute. | 你现在还不至于完全失控. |
[19:17] | I’ll give the closing and… | 我会做结案陈词… |
[19:21] | I guess, beg the jury to ignore the law. | 我想,求陪审团无视法律. |
[19:26] | And… | 而且… |
[19:30] | we’ll see. | 我们边看吧. |
[19:44] | Do not tuck your napkin into your collar. | 不要把餐巾塞到领子里. |
[19:47] | I will be mortified. | 我会觉得丢脸的. |
[19:48] | Do not smoke your cigar. | 不要抽雪茄. |
[19:50] | Do not make any Clintonian jokes as to where the cigar has been. | 不要对你雪茄放在哪里 开克林顿式的玩笑. |
[19:55] | What can I do? | 我能干吗? |
[19:56] | Just be nice and get through it. | 友善点熬过去就成. |
[20:00] | You seem on edge. | 你要崩溃了都. |
[20:01] | Of course I’m on edge. It’s my mother. | 当然我要崩溃了. 你要见的可是我妈. |
[20:05] | Oh, god, and here she comes. | 哦,天啊,她来了. |
[20:07] | Hi, honey. | 哦,甜心. |
[20:10] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了. |
[20:11] | Hi. Bella… | 你好. Bella… |
[20:15] | Bella. | Bella. |
[20:18] | Denny? | Denny? |
[20:19] | You two know each other? | 你们俩认识? |
[20:24] | You’re dating Denny Crane. Why didn’t you tell me? | 你和Denny Crane约会. 你怎么不告诉我? |
[20:28] | I wanted it to be a surprise. | 我想当个惊喜. |
[20:31] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[20:33] | Well, Denny and I were once… | 恩, Denny和我曾经… |
[20:37] | Engaged. | 订婚过. |
[20:41] | Surprise. | 惊喜吧. |
[20:48] | He had no alibi the night of the murder. | 他在谋杀当晚没有不在场证据. |
[20:50] | Fresh flowers from his garden were found on her nightstand. | 在他的床头几上有他花园的鲜花. |
[20:52] | It would have been legal malpractice for Jeffrey Coho | 有可能是Jeffrey Coho法律疏忽 |
[20:54] | not to focus the jury on Lincoln Meyer as a possible suspect. | 而让Lincoln Meyer作为了陪审团认为的怀疑者. |
[20:58] | Mr. Meyer. | Meyer先生. |
[21:00] | Well… | 恩… |
[21:02] | he implied I was a pedophile, | 他说我是个恋童癖, |
[21:04] | a freak who should be registered as a sex offender | 一种会被注册为性侵犯者的怪胎 |
[21:06] | when I have committed no such offense. | 而我根本没做过这类事情. |
[21:08] | And even if I had, which I most certainly have not, | 就算我做过, 显然我没有. |
[21:11] | to suggest that I’m a killer, a murderer? | 但是说我是凶手,杀人犯? |
[21:14] | That Gracie Jane woman reported it in front of millions of people, | 那个叫Gracie Jane的女人 在百万群众前报道了这事, |
[21:17] | and I was damaged. | 我都崩溃了. |
[21:19] | What about this peeping Tom crap? | 那关于偷窥癖呢? |
[21:21] | I am an open and notorious peepy. | 我是一个开放的通俗的偷窥者. |
[21:24] | Why, when I would send her flowers, I used to write, | 这是为什么当我送她花朵时, 我会写, |
[21:27] | “with love from your little peepy.” | “来自您小小偷窥者的仰慕.” |
[21:29] | And she liked having a peepy, and even if she didn’t, | 而她喜欢有个偷窥者, 就算她不喜欢, |
[21:32] | it doesn’t give these lawyer people a right to aver that I’m a killer. | 也不能给那些律师 断言我是凶手的权利. |
[21:36] | I mean, look at me, judge, I’m damaged. | 我是说,看着我,法官大人, 我都崩溃了. |
[21:50] | That, that’s a spleen? | 这个,这是个脾脏? |
[21:52] | Are you sure it’s him? | 你肯定是他们? |
[21:54] | Positive. | 非常肯定. |
[21:55] | We did a tissue match. | 我们做了个组织匹配测试. |
[22:00] | I’ll give you a moment alone. | 我给你们几分钟的单独时间. |
[22:11] | I can’t get closure with a spleen. This is not working. | 我不能和一个脾脏单独交心. 不成. |
[22:13] | Look, Denise, I think what you need to do is | 听着, Denise, 我觉得你要做的事是 |
[22:16] | go sit somewhere in a quiet place, maybe a church, | 找一个安静的地方坐下, 也许是个教堂 |
[22:19] | and grieve for the man you loved. | 然后为你爱过的人默哀. |
[22:23] | More good news. | 更多好消息. |
[22:25] | The FBI made an arrest. | FBI逮捕了些人. |
[22:26] | Harold Pines, he’s been arrested before for the commercialization of body parts. | Harold Pines, 他曾经 因为贩卖人体器官被逮捕过. |
[22:30] | He’s in custody. What’s more, | 他被拘留了. 而且, |
[22:31] | the very lead that led to his arrest has also led to the recovery of most of your fiance. | 让他走向逮捕的,也就是 指向您未婚夫的那些证据.. |
[22:36] | He’s got a kidney in L.A., | 他一个肾在落衫机, |
[22:38] | His liver is on a plane as we speak coming back from Topeka, | 他的肝脏在我们说话这阵子在托皮卡, |
[22:41] | his small intestine is waiting to clear customs in Ottawa, | 他的小肠正等待进口到Ottawa, |
[22:44] | and here in my hands… | 而在我的手上… |
[22:48] | his heart. | 是他的心脏. |
[22:52] | – That’s Daniel’s heart? – It is. | – 这是Daniel的心? – 是的. |
[22:55] | What about his head? | 他的头呢? |
[22:57] | The head is still at large. | 他的头还在逃. |
[23:05] | Her mother? | 她母亲? |
[23:05] | It was a hundred years ago. It shouldn’t count. | 这是很早以前的事了. 这不算的. |
[23:07] | – How did Bethany take it? – Not well. | – Bethany对此什么反映? – 反映不好. |
[23:10] | She bit me. | 她咬了我. |
[23:12] | Should I flee? Should I move to Canada? | 我应该逃跑吗? 我该移居加拿大吗? |
[23:14] | – Jerry… – I can’t take prison, Alan. | – 我不能坐牢, Alan. – Jerry… |
[23:16] | It wouldn’t be an hospitable place for me. | 那对于我来说不是个友好的地方. |
[23:18] | Jerry, I cannot maintain we’ll win this trial, | Jerry, 我不能肯定我们能赢这个案子, |
[23:20] | but I give you my word, I’ll do everything I can to keep you out of prison. | 但是我向你保证,我会尽力让你远离牢狱之灾. |
[23:30] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do. | 我不知道该做什么. |
[23:31] | Brad! | Brad! |
[23:33] | Clerk just called. Judge Potts has his ruling. | 书记员打电话来了. Potts法官要宣布判决了. |
[23:35] | Let’s go. | 走吧. |
[23:36] | I’m informed you and my assistant have “clicked.” | 我被告知你和我的助手”一拍即和”. |
[23:39] | I’m sorry. You are again? | 不好意思. 再说一次? |
[23:43] | I don’t like having my assistant poached like a cow or an egg, | 我不喜欢我的助手当成只 牛或者个蛋一样被人偷走, |
[23:47] | and I especially don’t like learning that you and she are “clicking” behind my back. | 而我尤其不想知道你和她 背着我”一拍即和”. |
[23:55] | You know… | 你知道… |
[23:57] | I’m really not feeling the love here. | 我没觉得这有什么爱意在里头. |
[24:10] | Would you, um, give us some privacy? | 你,恩,可以给我们一些隐私吗? |
[24:13] | Sure. I’ll be right down the hall. | 好的. 我在大厅里等着. |
[24:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[24:21] | You a cop? | 你是个警察? |
[24:22] | No, Mr. Pines. I’m a lawyer. | 不,Pines先生. 我是个律师. |
[24:25] | I was engaged to a man named Daniel Post, | 我和一个叫 Daniel Post的男人订了婚, |
[24:28] | whose body was stolen either by you or an accomplice. | 他的身体被你,或者你的同谋偷了. |
[24:31] | Um… | 恩… |
[24:32] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道. |
[24:33] | That’s not true, Mr. Pines. | 你在撒谎,Pines先生. |
[24:35] | You’ve been arrested in the past for commercialization of body parts, | 你过去因为贩卖人体组织被逮捕过, |
[24:37] | and you run a million-dollar skin harvesting ring. | 而你有个百万美圆的人肉人皮生意. |
[24:40] | Look, lady, I’m not gonna talk to you, okay? | 听着,女士,我不和你说话,好伐? |
[24:43] | I just want to know where his head is. | 我只想知道他的头在哪里. |
[24:50] | I need to… say good-bye. | 我得和他说… 再见. |
[24:55] | I’m not here looking for evidence so much as for my lover’s head. | 我并不是来这里找证据 而是想找我爱人的头. |
[25:06] | I’d like to help, okay? | 我也想帮忙的,好伐? |
[25:07] | Obviously, I got my own problems. | 显然的,我有自己的问题. |
[25:11] | How about you retain me as counsel? | 我当你辩护律师怎样? |
[25:15] | I’m sorry? / That way anything you say is privileged. | 什么? / 这样你说的话我都要保密的. |
[25:18] | I can’t repeat it. | 我不能对第三人再讲. |
[25:21] | Please. | 求您啦. |
[25:24] | So you’d be my lawyer? | 那你是我律师了? |
[25:27] | For the purpose of this discussion, I’m your lawyer. | 为了这个谈话的目的, 我是你律师了. |
[25:37] | All right, I don’t know for sure, okay? | 好吧,我也不肯定的,好伐? |
[25:40] | There’s this house in Salem. It’s famous in an underground kind of way. | 在Salem有这么个房子. 它因为秘密很出名. |
[25:47] | For Halloween, uh… | 为了万圣节,恩… |
[25:50] | they like to do it up for real, you know, | 他们喜欢玩真的,你知道的, |
[25:53] | like a haunted house. | 像鬼屋一样. |
[25:56] | They like to get themselves some real heads. | 他们喜欢给他们自己弄几个真的 死人头. |
[25:59] | Now I don’t know if your fiance’s there, | 我不知道你的未婚夫是否在那里, |
[26:03] | but… | 但是… |
[26:10] | If you’re against the death penalty, | 如果你反对死刑, |
[26:12] | you can call your congressman, protest in the street, | 你可以打电话给你的议员, 上街游行, |
[26:15] | start a blog, publish a book. | 开个搏克,写本书. |
[26:16] | There are countless ways to get your point across. | 有很多种表达你观点的方法. |
[26:20] | Committing perjury isn’t one of them. | 作伪证不是方法之一. |
[26:23] | Obstructing justice isn’t one of them. | 防碍司法不是方法之一. |
[26:26] | Mr. Espenson lied. | Espenson先生撒谎了. |
[26:28] | He defrauded the court. | 他欺瞒了法庭. |
[26:30] | His actions were an insult to that court | 他的所作所为对于让那个法庭蒙羞 |
[26:33] | as well as everyone who believes in our system of justice. | 也让任何相信我们司法 体系公正的人蒙羞. |
[26:37] | You are now part of that system. | 你们现在也是那个体系的一员. |
[26:41] | Do your duty. | 按照你们的使命行事吧. |
[26:42] | Send Mr. Espenson to jail. | 让Espenson先生去坐牢. |
[27:02] | Let’s forget all about capital punishment for a minute | 让我们都忽视下死刑 |
[27:06] | and look at this another way. | 换个方式来看事情. |
[27:09] | Say a small town is having a community meeting to vote | 说一个小村子举办了个选举来决定 |
[27:13] | on whether or not to build a big incinerator. | 是不是要做个焚尸炉. |
[27:17] | But before the selectmen let you into the meeting, | 但是当你被允许进入选举前 |
[27:20] | they ask you how you feel about incinerators, | 他们要问你对于焚尸的想法 |
[27:22] | and if you’re opposed to them, | 问你是不是反对 |
[27:24] | you don’t get to go to the meeting. | 是的话就不让进. |
[27:26] | Does that seem fair to any of you? | 这样对于你们来说公平么? |
[27:29] | Don’t we want all sides represented at a community meeting? | 我们举行社区会议时 不是希望有多方立场的观点吗? |
[27:34] | Jury selection is supposed to work the same way. | 陪审团挑选也应当这样的. |
[27:37] | All of you, in theory, should represent a cross section of the community. | 你们所有人,法理上, 应该代表社会上的不同观点. |
[27:42] | Well, here we are in Massachusetts, a state with no death penalty. | 恩,现在我们在Massachusetts, 一个没有死刑的州. |
[27:46] | One would assume therefore | 一个人当然要假设 |
[27:48] | that the majority of the community is opposed to capital punishment. | 社会大多数是反对死刑的. |
[27:51] | But anyone who holds that view cannot be a juror | 但是任何有那观点的人当不了陪审团 |
[27:55] | in a federal death penalty case. | 在一个联邦死罪案件中. |
[27:56] | This isn’t just weeding out people with idiosyncratic opinions. | 这不仅仅让有其他想法的人扫除了, |
[28:00] | This is weeding out the majority. | 也扫除了大多人. |
[28:02] | It’s strategic. | 这是个策略. |
[28:05] | We all know intuitively, | 我们直觉都知道, |
[28:07] | if you start talking about punishment before a trial even begins, | 当在案子开庭前就谈论定罪的话 |
[28:12] | you’re putting the idea of guilt in the forefront of everyone’s mind. | 你就把有罪的观点灌输进了大家的脑中 |
[28:18] | Yet, presumption of innocence… | 而,罪刑法定… |
[28:23] | is the foundation of our whole justice system. | 是我们整个司法系统的基础. |
[28:27] | Without that, we’re no better than totalitarian states | 没有那个,我们和 极权主义国家无异 |
[28:31] | who imprison and execute people on the whim of an all-powerful leader. | 他们关押和审判人 完全凭借强权领导人的喜怒. |
[28:39] | Jerry Espenson… | Jerry Espenson… |
[28:47] | Jerry Espenson is my friend. | Jerry Espenson是我的朋友. |
[28:52] | I care for him dearly. | 我非常关心他. |
[28:57] | And… | 而且… |
[28:59] | I know him to be, fundamentally, a law-abiding man | 我知道他,本质上,是个守法的人 |
[29:05] | who simply saw an injustice and tried to do something about it. | 只是看到了一点不公正 而想方法去纠正. |
[29:09] | If he’s guilty of anything… | 如果他有罪… |
[29:15] | it’s of appealing to his sense of fairness. | 那就是忠于自己的正义感. |
[29:22] | Now, I suppose… | 恩,我认为… |
[29:28] | he’s appealing to yours. | 他也渴望你们的正义感. |
[30:06] | Hey, give me a second. | 嘿,给我几秒钟. |
[30:26] | Lincoln. | Lincoln. |
[30:29] | Hello, Mr. Dirty mouth. | 啊,臭嘴巴先生. |
[30:31] | Come to make me an offer of settlement before the judge rules against you? | 在法官判你败诉前想 做个和解来找我吗? |
[30:35] | I’m not surprised. | 我可不觉得奇怪. |
[30:38] | I’ve been watching you for a bit, Lincoln… | 我观察了你一些, Lincoln… |
[30:41] | sitting here. | 坐在这里. |
[30:44] | Really? | 真的? |
[30:45] | – Are you a bit of a peepy? – You seemed sad. | – 你是偷窥者么? – 你看上去很忧郁. |
[30:50] | You seemed… | 你看上去… |
[30:54] | alone, I guess. | 很孤独,我想. |
[30:56] | Did I? | 是吗? |
[30:59] | You must have misread me. | 你肯定误会我了. |
[31:04] | What’s going on, Lincoln? | 到底怎么了, Lincoln? |
[31:07] | This lawsuit, what are you doing? | 这个案子,你想干吗? |
[31:10] | Is this just about attention? | 是只为了吸引人们注意吗? |
[31:15] | You don’t think I have feelings. | 你觉得我没有什么感受. |
[31:20] | Those things you said about me in court… | 你在法庭上对我说的那些话… |
[31:25] | I have feelings, Mr. Coho. | 我是个有感情的人,Coho先生. |
[31:31] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉. |
[31:34] | I was just doing whatever I could to defend my client. | 我只是那么说来尽力帮我当事人. |
[31:39] | It wasn’t personal. | 不是针对你个人的. |
[31:44] | It was very personal. | 就是很针对个人的. |
[31:52] | President Bush is back in the White house today | 布什总统今天回到了白宫 |
[31:54] | after a 2 1/2-week vacation at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. | 在他Texas的Crawford农场度过了2个半星期的假期, |
[31:58] | The president travelled via Air force one arriving in Washington early this morning. | 总统通过飞机今天早上抵达首都. |
[32:02] | The president has a full schedule in the coming days. | 未来几天总统有满满的行程. |
[32:07] | I used to tell her about the great Denny Crane. | 我以前告诉过她伟大的Denny Crane. |
[32:11] | It’s one reason, I think, she ended up going to law school. | 我想这也是,她最后 上了法学院的理由之一. |
[32:16] | She had no idea that I used to sleep with you. | 她对于我和你有过关系一点也不知道. |
[32:19] | Just as I had no idea that you now sleep with… | 就像我不知道你现在和她有关系… |
[32:25] | How is she? | 她怎样了? |
[32:27] | I can’t get her to talk to me. | 她还是不和我说话. |
[32:30] | She’s pretty upset. | 她很生气. |
[32:34] | She bite you? | 她咬了你? |
[32:36] | She bites. I know this. | 她咬人的.我知道. |
[32:41] | I don’t want you to see my daughter anymore, Denny. | 我不想让你再见我的女儿了, Denny. |
[32:44] | Come on, Bella. | 别这样, Bella. |
[32:47] | I can’t see someone because she turns out to be your daughter? | 我不能见她仅仅因为她是你女儿? |
[32:52] | See, it also turns out she’s yours. | 事实是,她也是你女儿. |
[33:02] | Is she sure? | 她肯定吗? |
[33:04] | No. We’re gonna have to have a paternity test. | 不.我们打算做个父女鉴定. |
[33:07] | Can two full-size people have a midget? | 两个肢体高度正常的人能生个矮子吗? |
[33:11] | – Does Bethany know? – I don’t know. | – Bethany知道吗? – 我不知道. |
[33:13] | God, it’s one thing to date a dwarf, but to have fathered one… | 天,和矮人约会是一回事, 但是做矮人的爸爸… |
[33:18] | Denny, I bet Bethany does know. | Denny, 我打赌Bethany知道了. |
[33:20] | Why? | 为什么? |
[33:23] | Oh, god. | 哦,天啊. |
[33:25] | Afraid so. | 恐怕是的. |
[33:29] | Hi, honey. | 你好,甜心. |
[33:31] | Who’s your daddy? | 你爹地是谁? |
[33:37] | Statements made by lawyers in court are immune from defamation liability. | 律师当庭的发言是 受诋毁责任的豁免的. |
[33:40] | This is a longstanding exception. | 这是长期以来的例外. |
[33:42] | Statements made outside of court, however, | 在庭外做的言论,则不同, |
[33:44] | are afforded no such protection. | 就没有这种保护权. |
[33:46] | Mr. Coho, you repeated these things to the press. | Coho先生,你把这事告诉了媒体. |
[33:49] | You enjoy no privilege there. | 你在那是没特权的. |
[33:52] | However, again, | 但是,再一次的, |
[33:54] | it is my view you were only commenting to the media | 我的观点是,你这么做的唯一目的 |
[33:56] | on matters that occurred inside the courtroom. | 是为了庭内案件的原因. |
[33:59] | And because the privilege does extend to that situation, | 而特权显然涉及到你的所为, |
[34:03] | I’m going to grant the defendant’s motion to dismiss. | 我打算驳回原告的诉讼请求. |
[34:08] | And, Mr. Meyer, | 而且,Meyer先生, |
[34:10] | before you decide to go sue anybody else, | 在你打算告别人诋毁以前, |
[34:12] | you might consider that truth is also a defense to defamation. | 你也许要考虑真相 也是被告人的一个辩护原因. |
[34:18] | For my money, you appear to be a seriously disturbed man. | 我觉得,你看来也是个很无事生非的人. |
[34:23] | This court is adjourned. | 休庭. |
[34:43] | Boo. | Boo. |
[34:46] | That’s perfect. | 太完美了. |
[34:47] | I have to go to Salem later today. Maybe you should come with me. | 今天晚些时候我去Salem. 也许你该和我一起去. |
[34:50] | What’s in Salem? | Salem又有什么? |
[34:52] | Possibly, um… | 有可能,额… |
[34:55] | Daniel’s head. | Daniel的头在那里. |
[34:58] | In some ghoulish haunted house. Evidently they, uh… | 在一个尸体样的鬼屋里, 显然的,他们,额… |
[35:03] | they use real cadavers. | 他们用真的尸体. |
[35:05] | Daniel’s head is in a haunted house? | Daniel的头在鬼屋里? |
[35:09] | Maybe. | 也许. |
[35:14] | You have plans later? | 你晚点还有事吗? |
[35:30] | Don’t ask, okay? | 别问,好吗? |
[35:32] | The defendant will please rise. | 被告起立. |
[35:35] | Madam Foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团主席,陪审团有一致判决了吗? |
[35:39] | – We have, your honor. – What say you? | – 是的,法官大人. – 判决是? |
[35:40] | “In the matter of the United states vs. Jerald Espenson” | “在国家诉Jerald Espenson一案中” |
[35:43] | “on one count of perjury,” | “对于伪证起诉,” |
[35:45] | Jerald Espenson” “we the jury find the defendant | “我们陪审团判决被告 Jerald Espenson” |
[35:49] | “not guilty.” | “无罪.” |
[35:50] | What? | 什么? |
[35:53] | Members of the jury, this concludes your jury service. / Oh, my god. | 陪审团成员,你们任务到此结束. / 哦,我的天啊. |
[35:56] | You are dismissed. This court stands adjourned. | 解散陪审团. 休庭. |
[35:59] | Oh, thank you! Thank you! | 哦,谢谢你!谢谢你! |
[36:01] | Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢你!谢谢你! |
[36:11] | # Yes, I know it’s a drag it’s a doggone shame # | # 是的,我知道这不好, 这是个可耻的事情 # |
[36:14] | # I’ve danced the same dance, # | # 我跳过这样的舞蹈, # |
[36:15] | # felt the same pain I had the same passion # | # 痛过这样的痛 有过这样的热情 # |
[36:18] | # and done the same things as you # | # 也和你做过一样的事 # |
[36:22] | # yeah, you better believe me, it’s true I’ve worn the same shoe, # | # 恩,你要相信我, 我和你同病相怜, # |
[36:26] | # walked the same walk at least a time or two # | # 走过相同的路, 至少一两次 # |
[36:29] | # and I heard the same things # | # 听过一样的事情 # |
[36:30] | # done the same things as you # | # 做过一样的事情 # |
[36:34] | # in this time # | # 此时 # |
[36:37] | # this time that we live in # | # 我们活的此时 # |
[36:40] | # is easy to give in # | # 最容易放弃 # |
[36:43] | You won. | 你赢了. |
[36:44] | Don’t ask me how. The jury must have just… | 现在别问我. 陪审团可能只是… |
[36:47] | Ignored the law like total commies. | 像个完全的共产主义者样无视了法律. |
[36:49] | Exactly. | 没错. |
[36:50] | Maybe they had reservations about the death penalty in general. | 也许他们一直对于废除死刑达成一致. |
[36:52] | See, that’s why we’re perceived as soft on terror. | 看到了吧, 着是我们为什么对于恐怖事件那么软弱. |
[36:55] | We can’t even kill our own people. | 我们杀不了同种的人类. |
[36:57] | Where’s your daughter? | 你女儿呢? |
[36:59] | The paternity test is still pending. | 亲子鉴定结果还没出来呢. |
[37:02] | – Who’s your daughter? – Never mind. | – 谁是你女儿? – 别操心. |
[37:04] | My stomach feels bloated. | 我胃觉得肿胀. |
[37:07] | I hope I’m not getting my period. | 我希望别来月经. |
[37:10] | # Give it time # | # 让时间带走一切 # |
[37:13] | # time to live and die # | #时间消退死亡和生存 # |
[37:16] | What? | 什么? |
[37:18] | Sally is gone. Melissa is gone. | Sally 走了. Melissa 也走了. |
[37:25] | Forget it, horny toad. | 想都别想,死色狼. |
[37:48] | Oh, brother. | 哦,天. |
[37:51] | This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever done in my life. | 这是我人生中做过最 荒谬的事情之一. |
[37:55] | Let’s go in here. | 我们进去吧. |
[38:10] | What was that? | 这是啥? |
[38:13] | What kind of cult gets off on something like this? | 这是怎样的祭祀弄成这个样子? |
[38:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[38:18] | – You suppose that’s real? – I don’t know. | – 你觉得这是真的? – 我不知道. |
[38:20] | Why aren’t we letting the police do this? | 我们为什么不让警察来做这事? |
[38:23] | Uh, because… | 恩,因为… |
[38:25] | because it’s privileged. | 因为我要保密. |
[38:37] | Denise, none of them look like Daniel. | Denise,他们没一个像Daniel. |
[38:40] | There’s gotta be a better way to get closure than this. | 总有更好的解决办法吧. |
[38:42] | Well, we’re here now, so let’s just get through it. | 恩,我们都来了, 就把事情解决了吧. |
[38:44] | Shouldn’t you be grieving for this man instead of out looking for his head? | 比起忙着找他的头, 你是不是应该更忙于为这个男人默哀啊? |
[38:54] | Oh, I thought for a minute it was him. | 哦,我刚还以为这是他. |
[39:03] | Oh, my… / What? | 哦,天… /什么? |
[39:04] | No, I… | 不,我… |
[39:05] | What? / Nothing. I just, for a second, in that box, | 什么? / 没什么. 我只是, 刚觉得,在那个盒子里, |
[39:08] | I thought I saw a head that resembled Da… | 我觉得我看到了一个头有点像Da… |
[39:12] | just my imagination. | 只是我想象罢了. |
[39:17] | Oh, my god. | 哦,天啊. |
[39:59] | Oops. I didn’t see you there, judge. | 哦.我没看到你在这里,法官大人. |
[40:11] | I have long fantasized getting in one of the Lennon Sisters’ dresses. | 我曾经幻想过自己钻进Lennon姐妹之一的裙子里. (1950斥措 蜡疙茄 咯己 3牢炼 啊荐) |
[40:15] | Me, too. | 我也是. |
[40:19] | Ever wonder how you’d be as a woman, Denny? | 想过你是女人会怎样吗, Denny? |
[40:23] | I’d be a lesbian. | 我会是个同性恋. |
[40:26] | Yes. | 是啊. |
[40:29] | You think we’d look at the world differently? | 你觉得我们看世界会不一样吗? |
[40:32] | I mean, it is a man’s world still. | 我是说,外边仍然是男人的世界. |
[40:34] | I would imagine at a minimum, we’d be more vulnerable. | 我开始觉得, 我们会更脆弱. |
[40:39] | And physically. | 而且是生理上. |
[40:40] | We’d have our own breasts to fondle. | 我们的胸部会被人碰. |
[40:45] | I bet you’d feel differently about capital punishment. | 我肯定你会对死刑有不同看法. |
[40:48] | Why? | 为什么? |
[40:49] | Denny, you get emotional over the odd bowel movement. | Denny, 你肠子不正常地 动的时候都会发怒. |
[40:53] | Suppose you gave birth? | 想想要是你要生孩子的话? |
[40:54] | I would think your appreciation for human life… | 我能想象你对人的生命的欣赏会… |
[41:02] | Franz Kafka said the meaning of life is that it ends. | Franz Kafka(卡夫卡)说 人生的意义在于终结时. |
[41:10] | One day you’re here, and the next… | 这天你还活着,说不定哪天… |
[41:20] | To Daniel Post. | 敬给Daniel Post. |
[41:23] | My loss. | 我的损失. |
[41:25] | I didn’t know you even knew him. | 我不知道你还认识他. |
[41:28] | I didn’t. | 我不认识. |
[41:32] | And from what I gather, my loss. | 但就从我所了解的来看,觉得是我的损失. |
[41:49] | You’re not getting in this dress. | 你可没门进我的裙子. |
[41:51] | # Gotta take this sentimental journey # | # 非要进行这趟情感之旅 # |
[41:57] | # Lennon Sisters’ “Sentimental journey” # | # (此曲是Lennon 姐妹的’) “情感之旅” # |
[42:01] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 翻译Rachel-lily 真羡慕能在这样的律所工作=V= 锅开荐沥 弥悼泅(brit01@nate.com) |
[42:03] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 翻译Rachel-lily 真羡慕能在这样的律所工作=V= 茄臂背沥 弥瘤辣(clena17@nate.com) |
[42:06] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com (http://club.nate.com/tsm) | 翻译Rachel-lily 真羡慕能在这样的律所工作=V= 磊阜力累 – NSC 磊阜评 |