时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on Boston legal | |
[00:03] | Denny got engaged. | Denny订婚了 |
[00:04] | – Beverly Bridge – Who is it this time? | – 这次是谁? – Beverly Bridge |
[00:06] | The woman Denny “Craned” in the coatroom at that charity dinner. | 上个星期在慈善晚餐上 Denny 在衣帽间搞上的人 |
[00:08] | – Denny Crane… – If Denny becomes incapacitated… | – 如果Denny出了问题… – Denny Crane… |
[00:11] | I’m having a stroke. | 我中风了 |
[00:12] | She could bring down the firm. | 她会使整个事务所陷入危机 |
[00:13] | – Maybe you’re in love. – I am delirious with joy. | – 也许你恋爱了 – 我欣喜若狂 |
[00:16] | How come you’re getting involved with a dead guy? | 你对和一个快死的人交往有什么感觉? |
[00:18] | I, uh, try not to think about it. | 我 呃 尝试不去想它 |
[00:21] | There is nothing romantic about this. | 这并不浪漫 |
[00:23] | It turns you into a corpse before you die. | 这会使你变得像行尸走肉一般 |
[00:26] | It is not too late to get out. | 现在抽身而出还不晚 |
[00:28] | I start chemo again tomorrow. | 我明天又要开始化疗了 |
[00:31] | Okay… | 好的… |
[01:16] | $2 even. | 2元整 |
[01:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:30] | Hello. May I help you, ma’am? | 你好 我可以为你效劳吗 夫人? |
[01:32] | Yes, you may, dear. | 是的 你可以 亲爱的 |
[01:36] | Take all the money out of the drawer and put it in a bag, please. | 把抽屉里的所有钱拿出来放进袋子里 有劳了 |
[01:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:43] | Oh, and put some of that delicious beef jerky in there, too. | 噢 顺便也放些那种美味的牛肉干 |
[02:10] | Mr. Shore, | Shore先生 |
[02:11] | She said to call you. | 她要求找你来 |
[02:13] | Thank you, Lawrence. | 谢谢你 Lawrence |
[02:33] | In a way, I suppose this is all your fault. | 某种程度上 我想这是你的错 |
[02:37] | Oh, dear God how, Catherine? | 噢 为什么 Catherine? |
[02:39] | How is it that you holding up a convenience store suddenly becomes my fault? | 为什么你打劫一间便利店会变成我的错了呢? |
[02:44] | You said you would hire me as your personal assistant after the firm fired me, | 你说过在事务所解雇我以后 你会请我当私人助理 |
[02:48] | and I took you at your lying word. | 而我把你的戏言当真了 |
[02:51] | Bad Catherine, bad! | 坏Catherine 真坏! |
[02:55] | It was a terrible thing to forget, and I’m sorry, | 是我不好 我居然把它给忘了 |
[02:59] | but you are in a lot of trouble here. | 但是你在这里惹了不小的麻烦 |
[03:02] | What else was I to do? A gal’s got to eat. | 我能怎么做? 我总要吃饭 |
[03:05] | And robbery isn’t as bad as killing a man, | 而且打劫没有杀人那么恶劣 |
[03:08] | and you got me off on that. | 连那你都可以帮我脱身了 |
[03:10] | And you’ve done wonders with your second chance. | 然后你就做这让我吃惊的事 |
[03:16] | Stay here. | 留在这 |
[03:31] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[03:32] | I understand you recently suffered a robbery. | 我了解到最近你被抢劫了 |
[03:36] | You a lawyer? | 你是律师? |
[03:37] | Actually, I’m here more as a | 事实上 我更像是作为 |
[03:39] | friend to the befuddled old woman who… | 那位迷糊的老太太的朋友… |
[03:42] | Robbed me. | 她抢劫了我 |
[03:43] | Do you know how many times I have been held up this year? | 你知道我今年来遇过多少起打劫了吗? |
[03:46] | Far too many for you to appreciate her little prank, I’m sure. | 多到可以让你忽略她的小恶作剧了 我肯定 |
[03:50] | May I ask if that’s your car out front, | 请问外面那辆带有凹痕的 |
[03:54] | the Datsun with the dents in the side? | Datsun(达特桑)是你的吗? |
[03:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:58] | I have a friend who has a friend. | 我有一个朋友的朋友 |
[04:02] | He’s a magician with bodywork. | 他是个魔术师 擅长车体的戏法 |
[04:05] | He’ll make those dents disappear, change the color. | 他可以把那些凹痕变没 改变车的颜色 |
[04:07] | He’ll make that Datsun look exactly like a late-model BMW | 他可以把一辆Datsun变得 和一辆最新款的宝马一模一样 |
[04:18] | Can he make the seats look like leather? | 他能把座位变成皮革的吗? |
[04:22] | The man’s a miracle worker. | 那个人非常神奇 |
[04:58] | We got a problem. | 我们有个麻烦 |
[04:59] | Another sector car called it in. | 另一架巡逻车要求支援 |
[05:00] | I don’t have any choice. I’ve got to book her. | 我没有办法了 我不得不做控告笔录 |
[05:02] | It’s late. She’s elderly. | 已经那么晚了 而且她年纪也大了 |
[05:04] | Can’t we at least defer the arrest? | 我们不能够延后拘捕么? |
[05:06] | – I don’t know. – Lawrence, please. | – 我不知道 – Lawrence 拜托了 |
[05:10] | – You owe me. – Thank you. You won’t regret this. | – 你欠我的 – 谢谢 你不会后悔的 |
[05:12] | Excuse me, officer? | 打扰一下 警官? |
[05:15] | Can I get my gun back, please? | 我能拿回我的枪吗? |
[05:31] | When ADA Raines gets back, have her call me immediately. | 当地区检察官助理Raines回复后 马上接给我 |
[05:33] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you. | – 是的 先生 – 谢谢 |
[05:36] | Could I borrow you for a minute? | 我能占用你几分钟吗? |
[05:38] | Opposing counsel has made an offer. | 对方律师提出了一个建议 |
[05:40] | I’m trying to get these people to take it. | 我在试图说服我的委托人接受它 |
[05:43] | I’m hoping that you can explain to them that this is as good as it gets. | 我希望你能够向她们解释这是个很好的选择 |
[05:47] | Do I get a hint? | 能给点提示么? |
[05:48] | It involves invasion of privacy. | 涉及到侵犯隐私 |
[05:50] | A woman, Jackie Hayden, access was | 一位女性 Jackie Hayden |
[05:52] | gained to her personal medical records. | 她的医疗记录被盗取了 |
[05:55] | Invasion of privacy, there’s an | 侵犯隐私 这可是 |
[05:57] | increasingly familiar tune these days. | 最近热门的话题 (侵犯隐私是96年的一部电影 于本集前播出) |
[05:59] | This is a little worse than your | 这比你那些关于某人被解雇了之类的 |
[06:00] | typical case of someone being denied a job | 官司要糟糕一点 |
[06:02] | because of a preexisting condition. | 因为还有隐情 |
[06:04] | How much worse? | 有多糟? |
[06:05] | He never beat me, just my mother. | 他从来没有打过我 只是打我母亲 |
[06:08] | I finally got out when I was 16. | 我16岁的时候终于得到解脱 |
[06:10] | A few years later, Emily’s mom | 几年后 Emily的母亲Jackie |
[06:12] | Jackie came to us at the women’s shelter. | 来到女性庇护所寻求我们的保护 |
[06:14] | She was a mess. | 她当时一团糟 |
[06:15] | They promised my dad would never find her there. | 他们保证说我父亲绝对不会发现她在那 |
[06:18] | For obvious reasons, the name, phone number | 出于明显的原因 姓名 电话号码 |
[06:20] | and location of the shelter are kept confidential. | 庇护所的地址都是保密的 |
[06:22] | We put Emily’s mom in touch with a psychiatrist for | 我们为Emily的母亲找了一个心理医生 |
[06:24] | post-traumatic stress disorder. | 为她治疗精神创伤 |
[06:26] | The cost of which was covered… | 而费用由… |
[06:28] | Under her HMO. | 她的HMO(卫生维护组织)支付 |
[06:29] | Unfortunately, the HMO, “Well Benefits” posted Jackie’s information, | 不幸地是那间HMO 将Jackie的信息 包括她医生的姓名 |
[06:33] | including the name and address of her psychiatrist on their web site. | 和地址都在他们的网站 “Well Benefits”贴了出来 |
[06:37] | Emily’s father found Jackie’s | Emily的父亲通过那”Well Benefits”网站 |
[06:39] | psychiatrist via the “Well Benefits” web site | 发现了Jackie的心理医生 |
[06:41] | and tracked her down at the psychiatrist’s office. | 然后在医生的诊所找到了她 |
[06:43] | And that’s where… | 就在那里… |
[06:46] | he killed her. | 他杀了她 |
[06:48] | So this is a wrongful death action, | 那么这是一宗非法致死案 |
[06:50] | and Well Benefits has offered you a settlement? | “Well Benefits”是否提供了和解的协议? |
[06:52] | $20,000, no admission of liability. | 2万美元 不代表承认责任 |
[06:55] | Regarding the settlement, I have to agree. | 对于这份协议 我必须表示同意 |
[07:00] | – Thank you, Alan. – Not with you. | – 谢谢 Alan – 不是同意你 |
[07:02] | With you. | 是同意你 |
[07:03] | The offer is insulting. These people need to be taught a lesson. | 这个建议是很无礼的 这些人需要得到教训 |
[07:09] | Would you excuse us one moment? | 请给我们点时间 |
[07:13] | $20,000. | 2万美元 |
[07:15] | That’s a lot of money for a 19-year-old girl, | 对19岁的少女来说这够多的了 |
[07:18] | and I brought you in to make this go away. | 而我是让你来说服她们的 |
[07:20] | I won’t do that. | 我不会这样做的 |
[07:22] | What happened to Jackie Hayden was a nightmare, | 发生在Jackie Hayden身上的事是一个噩梦 |
[07:25] | but to blame the HMO, there was a supervening act. | 但是谴责HMO 这只是一个附加行为而已 |
[07:27] | Technically, well benefits didn’t break the law. | 技术上来说 他们并没有违反法律 |
[07:30] | But there was a foreseeable danger. | 但是这是可预见的威胁 |
[07:32] | There are consequences in this case, | 这个案子的结果表明 |
[07:34] | dire consequences to putting someone’s | 把某人的隐私信息披露在网上 |
[07:36] | most personal information on the internet. | 会带来很坏的后果 |
[07:38] | Well benefits should have known that. | “Well benefits”应该想到这一点 |
[07:40] | I say we clobber them over the head with it. | 我认为我们应该给他们一个教训 |
[07:43] | This is why people don’t ask your opinion a lot. | 这就是人们不喜欢问你意见的原因 |
[07:46] | Most likely. | 大致如此 |
[08:05] | Lorraine, ham and provolone on a baguette. | Lorraine 你要的波萝伏洛干酪火腿三文治 |
[08:15] | Do you have anything without bread? | 你有不带面包的品种吗? |
[08:17] | These are sandwiches. They have bread. | 这些是三文治 它们都有面包 |
[08:20] | Well, there’s a thing called “protein style”. | 有样东西叫做”纯净蛋白饮食方式” |
[08:22] | Yeah, if it don’t have bread, it ain’t | 是的 但是如果没有面包 |
[08:25] | a sandwich, and I only do sandwiches. | 就不是三文治了 我只卖三文治 |
[08:28] | Do you know who I am? I am Denny Crane’s fiance. | 你知道我是谁吗? 我是Denny Crane的未婚妻 |
[08:31] | Yeah, so? | 知道 那又如何? |
[08:35] | Hey, Mr. Chase, roast beef and havarti. | 嗨 Chase先生 你的哈瓦蒂干酪烤牛肉三文治 |
[09:00] | Catherine, what are you doing here? | Catherine 你来这干吗? |
[09:01] | I just tried to reach you at your house. | 我刚打电话去你家找你呢 |
[09:03] | I was in the neighborhood. I wanted to see | 我刚好在附近 我想知道 |
[09:05] | if there was any news on my case. | 关于我的案子有没有新的进展 |
[09:06] | There isn’t. I put in a call to the DA’s office. I have yet to hear back. | 还没 我给地区检察官办公室打了个电话 正在等回音 |
[09:10] | Now about your finances… | 现在我们来谈谈你的财政状况… |
[09:12] | Oh, we can talk finances and trial strategy. | 噢 我们可以讨论一下财政状况和审判策略 |
[09:15] | Um, can we use osteoporosis as a defense? | 我们能够用骨质疏松症来辩诉吗? |
[09:19] | Do you have it? | 你得了骨质疏松症? |
[09:21] | No, but I have a little pillow I can put under my shirt. | 没有 但是我有一个小枕头 我可以把它放在衣服下 |
[09:25] | We’ll keep that in our arsenal. | 把它作为后备吧 |
[09:28] | So Catherine… | 那么Catherine… |
[09:29] | Do you want to talk more now? | 你还有话要说吗? |
[09:30] | I was gonna catch up with the girls in word processing. | 我本来准备去找那个做文字处理的女孩的 |
[09:33] | Oh, okay. Why don’t you do that? | 噢 好吧 你去吧 |
[09:36] | But don’t worry. I’ll be here. | 别担心 我会在这里的 |
[09:39] | I’ve cleared my schedule. This gets top priority. | 我清空了我的日程安排 这个事情放在首位 |
[09:43] | As it should, given you’re facing 25 to life. | 应该的 考虑到你会被判刑 |
[09:56] | What happened to the sandwich guy? | 卖三文治那人出了什么问题? |
[09:58] | Uh, Bev fired him. | 呃 Bev解雇了他 |
[10:00] | – Bev doesn’t work here. – Well, then I fired him. | – Bev不在这里工作 – 那么 我解雇了他 |
[10:03] | Denny, I thought we agreed you wouldn’t | Denny 我以为我们已经达成了协议 |
[10:05] | fire anyone after you let Vicky Donchey go. | 从你赶走了Vicky Donchey后不再解雇任何人 |
[10:08] | She wasn’t pulling her weight. | 因为她工作不够努力 |
[10:09] | She was a client. | 她是我们的委托人 |
[10:11] | Let me tell you something, Shirley. | 让我告诉你一些东西 Shirley |
[10:12] | You know why this firm is going into the dumper? | 你知道为什么这家事务所走下坡路了吗? |
[10:15] | Our profits were up 5% last quarter. | 我们的利润上个季度上升了5% |
[10:17] | People are being coddled. | 大伙都被宠坏了 |
[10:19] | Bunch of layabouts. | 一群懒人 |
[10:23] | Be careful of the cuticle, Ming. | 小心表皮 Ming |
[10:27] | Denny… it’s starting. | Denny… 又开始了 |
[10:30] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[10:32] | Bev, she’s following a similar | Bev 她正开始变得和你的 |
[10:34] | pattern to your five previous wives. | 前5任妻子一样 |
[10:36] | It starts with her firing the sandwich guy | 一开始是解雇卖三文治的 |
[10:39] | and ends with her influencing policy at | 最后她会影响这间事务所的政策 |
[10:41] | this firm, and it will not be tolerated. | 而这是不能容忍的 |
[10:43] | Now, Shirley, we both know what this is all about. | Shirley 其实我们都知道这是什么回事 |
[10:45] | No, we do not both know what this is about. | 不 我们不都知道这是什么回事 |
[10:47] | It’s not about me being jealous of Bev. | 这并不是我在嫉妒Bev |
[10:50] | It’s about getting the sandwich guy back! | 而是要把卖三文治的找回来! |
[10:52] | All right, all right. Jeez, | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:55] | if I’d known it was such a big deal… I’ll talk to Bev. | 早知道这么大件事… 我会和Bev谈谈 |
[11:00] | Happy ending, Mr. Crane? | 皆大欢喜 Crane先生? |
[11:03] | Oh, not today, Ming. | 噢 今天不是 Ming |
[11:06] | I’m engaged now. | 我订婚了 |
[11:14] | Wellesley memorial, oncology. | 韦尔兹利纪念医院 肿瘤科 |
[11:16] | Room 4175. | 4175房 |
[11:18] | There is a phone block on that room. | 这间病房拒绝电话接入 |
[11:21] | Could you help me out here? I’m his, um, girlfriend. | 你能帮帮我吗? 我是他的 呃 女朋友 |
[11:25] | Hold one second, please. | 请稍等 |
[11:28] | Hello, Ms. Bauer? This is Laura Buckingham, Mr. Post’s personal assistant. | 你好 Bauer小姐? 我是Laura Buckingham Post先生的私人助理 |
[11:32] | Oh, thank God! How is the chemo going? | 噢 感谢上帝 化疗进行得怎么样? |
[11:35] | He’s indisposed at the moment, | 他目前不太舒服 |
[11:37] | but he wanted me to personally assure you he’s well. | 但是他要我亲自向你保证 他很好 |
[11:40] | I will phone you in a few days following his treatment. | 接下来的疗程中我会致电你告知情况 |
[11:44] | Uh, could you tell Mr. Post that, um… | 呃 你能否告诉Post先生 呃… |
[11:50] | Tell him I, um… | 告诉他 我 呃… |
[11:53] | – I’m thinking of him. – I will. | – 我在想他 – 我会的 |
[12:01] | They’re here. | 他们来了 |
[12:03] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[12:05] | Rejected? | 被驳回? |
[12:06] | You’ve got to be kidding! | 你在开玩笑吧! |
[12:08] | No, I’m much funnier when I’m kidding. | 不 我开玩笑的话比这有趣多了 |
[12:10] | I thought this was worked out. I thought so, too. | – 我以为事情已经解决了 – 我也是这么想的 |
[12:12] | After further consideration, we decided that the offer was inadequate. | 经过深思熟虑 我们认为这个建议不够恰当 |
[12:16] | Oh, what a bunch of crap! | 噢 一堆废话! |
[12:18] | Young lady, I don’t know what nonsense these lawyers | 年轻的女士 我不知道这些律师和你说了多少 |
[12:20] | have been telling you about HMOs and their deep pockets. | 关于HMO和我们多富有的废话 |
[12:22] | Please direct your unfounded arrogance at me. | 请将你那傲慢自大的话针对我说 |
[12:24] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[12:25] | You two are just trying to make an issue when there is no issue. | 你们俩正在试图无中生有 |
[12:28] | No issue? I’m sorry. | 无中生有? 很抱歉 |
[12:29] | Did this young woman’s mother suddenly spring back to life? | 这位年轻女士的母亲突然间活过来了吗? |
[12:32] | Her father killed her mother, and we are all upset about that, | 她父亲杀了她母亲 我们都感到遗憾 |
[12:36] | but it was not our fault. However, to make this go away, | 但是这不是我们的过错 尽管如此 为了解决这件事 |
[12:39] | we were willing to give her a gift of $20,000. | 我们还是愿意给她2万美元的礼物 |
[12:41] | Well, as a gift, that’s very sweet of you. | 不错 对于礼物来说 你们够慷慨的了 |
[12:44] | We’ll put it in the den next to the armoire. | 我们会妥善收下的 |
[12:46] | However, as compensation that you owe Emily Hayden | 但是 你们欠Emily Hayden的赔偿来说 |
[12:48] | because your negligence led to her mother being brutally murdered, | 由于你们的疏忽导致她母亲被残忍地杀害了 |
[12:51] | your offer is offensive, even more offensive than your tone. | 你们的建议实在是很无礼 比你的语气无礼得多 |
[12:56] | We’re done! | 没什么好谈的了! |
[12:58] | The law is on our side, Mr. Shore. | 法律站在我们这边Shore先生 |
[13:01] | Tragedies happen every day. | 悲剧每天都发生 |
[13:03] | Yes, and you’re about to experience one firsthand. | 是的 你很快就会亲自经历一番 |
[13:06] | See you in court. | 法庭上见 |
[13:18] | Aren’t you glad you brought me on board? | 把我骗上贼船你不是应该很高兴吗? |
[13:29] | Mr. Hayden, is it true you stabbed your | Hayden先生 你是否用一把餐刀 |
[13:31] | wife to death with a kitchen knife? | 把你的妻子捅死了? |
[13:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:33] | – You hunted her down? – Yes. | – 你追踪她? – 是的 |
[13:35] | – You lay in wait? – Yes. | – 你在等她? – 是的 |
[13:37] | And finally, after you both exchanged words, | 而最后 在经过短暂交谈之后 |
[13:40] | you pulled the knife out and stabbed her seven times in the chest. | 你拿出刀朝她的胸部刺了7刀 |
[13:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:45] | Before you killed Emily’s mother Jackie, | 在你杀死Emily的母亲Jackie前 |
[13:48] | she was living at Renew, a battered women’s shelter? | 她是否住在一间女性庇护所? |
[13:51] | That was my understanding. | 我的理解是这样 |
[13:53] | A shelter, the location of which was kept confidential. | 这间庇护所的地址是保密的 |
[13:57] | As far as I knew. | 据我所知是的 |
[13:58] | Could you tell us how you came to learn of Jackie’s whereabouts? | 你能告诉我们你是怎么了解到Jackie的行踪的? |
[14:01] | – My computer. – Specifically? | – 我的电脑 – 具体呢? |
[14:03] | I logged on to Well Benefits’ web site. | 我登陆了Well Benefits的网站 |
[14:06] | Jackie’s HMO. | Jackie的HMO |
[14:07] | I had her social security number and her date of birth. | 我有她的社会保障号码和出生日期 |
[14:10] | That’s all I needed to access the records. | 这就是登陆所需的条件 |
[14:13] | And what did you find? | 然后你发现了什么? |
[14:14] | Her explanation of benefits. | 她的受益说明 |
[14:16] | It had on it what she was being treated for, | 上面写着她正在接受治疗 |
[14:19] | the location of her doctor and what her co-pay was. | 有她医生的地址和挂号费用 |
[14:22] | I noticed she was seeing the same shrink every Monday, | 我留意到她每个星期都去同一个医生 |
[14:25] | so I went and waited for her outside his office. | 因此我去他的办公室外面等她 |
[14:43] | Emily? | Emily? |
[14:49] | The good was we just made a strong | 好的方面是我们给陪审团带来 |
[14:51] | opening impression with the jury. | 一个很好的开局印象 |
[14:54] | The bad was you just had to listen to testimony | 坏的方面是你必须旁听你父亲 |
[14:57] | of how your father killed your mother. | 如何杀死你母亲的证词 |
[14:58] | That’s something that nobody should ever have to experience. | 这是人们不应该体验的经历 |
[15:06] | Here’s what you should know about lawyers. | 关于律师 你需要知道一些东西 |
[15:09] | I could have sat you down and prepared you for this testimony so as to brace you. | 我本可以让你坐下来准备好接受证词 |
[15:15] | I chose not to. | 但是我没有那么做 |
[15:17] | No tears for the plaintiff, no tears for the jury, | 原告没有悲伤就难以感动陪审团 |
[15:21] | less money. | 赔偿款就少 |
[15:25] | But, Emily, we don’t have to keep going here. | 但是Emily 我们不必要这样继续下去 |
[15:28] | – If you feel this… – I want to keep going. | – 如果你感到… – 我要继续 |
[15:31] | You’re sure? | 你确定? |
[15:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:40] | But if you don’t care to be in the courtroom… | 但是如果你不想呆在庭上… |
[15:42] | I want to be there. | 我要呆在那里 |
[15:44] | From this point on, that’s not entirely necessary. | 从现在起 这并不是必须的 |
[15:45] | I want to be there! | 我要在那里! |
[15:47] | I want you to get him, and I want to see you get him! | 我要他得到报应 我要亲眼看着他得到报应! |
[15:51] | Get who, Emily? | 谁 Emily? |
[15:55] | We’re suing a company. | 我们在起诉的是一家公司 |
[16:04] | So I heard Lynette’s cyst didn’t go away, | 我听说Lynette的囊肿还在 |
[16:06] | and they’re gonna have to lance it. | 而他们准备开刀把它切掉 |
[16:08] | All that and her… | 这一切还有她… |
[16:10] | Hello, Denny. | 你好Denny |
[16:12] | Do you still remember who I am? | 你还记得我是谁吗? |
[16:14] | Or did I leak out your whiffle-ball brain? | 还是你的空脑袋已经把我忘了? |
[16:19] | Now her, I know we fired. | 她 我可以确定我们解雇了 |
[16:22] | – Alan, any news of the case? – Yes. | – Alan 案子有进展吗? – 是的 |
[16:24] | Well, make it quick, because I’m having lunch with Judy. | 那好 快说 我还要和Judy吃午餐呢 |
[16:27] | – Her husband’s… again. – Well, I have good news. | – 她的丈夫又… 了 – 好的 我有好消息 |
[16:30] | The grocery clerk was too busy driving | 那位店长忙着开他的新车兜风 |
[16:31] | around in his plush new ride to press charges, | 以至于没有空来提出控诉 |
[16:33] | and the DA won’t prosecute without a complaining witness. | 而没有证人地区检察官将不会起诉 |
[16:36] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[16:37] | Your case is dismissed. You’re free and clear. | 你的案子已经解决了 你没事了 |
[16:40] | Really? | 真的? |
[16:42] | Catherine, this is good news. | Catherine 这是好消息 |
[16:44] | There are only two “get out of jail free” cards in the game, | 游戏里只有2张免狱卡 |
[16:47] | and you’ve used them both up. | 而你2张都用完了 |
[16:49] | – I did, didn’t I? – Yes, you did. | – 是的 不是吗? – 是的 |
[16:52] | Catherine, I want you to have this. | Catherine 我想你收下这个 |
[16:56] | $3,000? | 3千美元? |
[16:59] | I hope you’re not expecting sex for this. | 我希望你不是要求我和你上床 |
[17:01] | I am not. Consider it back pay. | 不是 把它看成是你的欠薪吧 |
[17:05] | Thank you, Alan. | 谢谢你Alan |
[17:06] | We’ll have dinner soon to celebrate. | 我们很快会一起吃个晚饭庆祝一下 |
[17:18] | You want to rehire the sandwich guy? | 你要重新雇用那个卖三文治的? |
[17:20] | Well, it wasn’t that big a deal. | 是的 不是什么很大的事情 |
[17:23] | Not a big deal? | 不是很大的事情? |
[17:24] | How would you feel if he raped me? | 如果他强奸我怎么办? |
[17:26] | What would you do, just sweep that under the rug? | 你会怎么做 当没看到? |
[17:28] | Oh, come on, Bev. I know the guy upset you. | 噢 别这样Bev 我知道他得罪了你 |
[17:31] | Damn right he upset me. He was completely rude. | 没错他得罪了我 他非常的无礼 |
[17:35] | But, Denny, I mean, my feelings don’t matter here. | 但是 Denny 我的意思是 我的感受并不重要 |
[17:38] | The sandwich guy didn’t disrespect Beverly Bridge. | 那个卖三文治的并不是对Beverly Bridge无礼 |
[17:42] | He disrespected the fiance of Denny Crane. | 他是对Denny Crane的未婚妻无礼 |
[17:46] | He disrespected you. | 他是对你无礼 |
[17:50] | That son of a bitch. | 那个狗娘养的 |
[18:05] | If you turn to page 56, appendix B… | 如果你翻到56页 附录B… |
[18:08] | Uh, sorry, folks. Talked it over with Bev. | 呃 打扰了大伙 和Bev谈过了 |
[18:11] | The sandwich guy? Still out. | 卖三文治的? 滚蛋 |
[18:19] | Okay, we need to deal with this now. | 好吧 我们现在要先讨论这个了 |
[18:21] | We need to deal with the sandwich guy | 我们要放下手上数百万美元的Blake Merger案子 |
[18:24] | instead of the multimillion-dollar Blake Merger? | 来处理那个卖三文治的? |
[18:26] | No, Bev’s influence on Denny. | 不 Bev正在向Denny施加影响 |
[18:28] | Yeah, believe me, that’s next on my agenda. | 是的 相信我 这是另外一个议程 |
[18:30] | Bev fired the sandwich guy. I went to Denny. | Bev 解雇了卖三文治的 我去找Denny |
[18:32] | He talked to Bev, and the sandwich guy is still fired. | 他和Bev谈了 那个卖三文治的还是被解雇了 |
[18:37] | – It’s Angie all over again. – Or Marcia. | – 她是Angie的翻版 – 或者Marcia |
[18:39] | – Or Clovis. – From what I have seen, | – 或者Clovis – 就我看来 |
[18:42] | Bev is much more formidable than any of the previous Mrs. Cranes. | Bev 比Denny的任何一个前妻都可怕 |
[18:45] | If she gets Denny to take his name off the door, | 如果她让Denny把名字从门上取下来 |
[18:48] | people will think the firm’s in trouble. | 人们会以为这间事务所出了问题 |
[18:50] | Clients will stampede out of here. | 委托人都会被吓跑 |
[18:52] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[18:55] | I realize I haven’t been partner for very long, so let me ask you both, | 我知道我成为合伙人并不久 所以我想问问你们俩 |
[18:57] | how much discretion would I have to make this Bev problem go away? | 如果我让这个Bev麻烦消失 我能使用多大权力? |
[19:05] | No chopping off fingers. | 不要砍手指 |
[19:07] | No violence of any kind. | 不要使用任何暴力行为 |
[19:09] | None, I promise. | 不会 我保证 |
[19:15] | Then you have as much discretion as you need. | 那你可以放手去做 |
[19:28] | And in comparison with other | 和其他HMO机构相比较 |
[19:30] | HMOs, Well Benefits would rank where? | “Well Benefits”处于什么地位? |
[19:33] | Several prominent publications have listed us | 数个出名出版物将我们列为 |
[19:36] | at the top of our field in terms of customer satisfaction. | 我们这个行业顾客满意度最高的公司 |
[19:39] | And in terms of your web site, specifically security? | 你们的网站呢 尤其是安全性方面? |
[19:43] | It is considered user-friendly but sound. | 被认为是易于使用并且可靠的 |
[19:46] | We meet the accepted business standard for internet security. | 我们的网络安全性达到了商业上接受的标准 |
[19:49] | If Mr. Hayden uses his criminal ingenuity to illegally obtain information, | 如果Hayden先生使用他的犯罪技巧 非法地获得了信息 |
[19:53] | that’s horrible, but it’s what he chose to do. | 那很可怕 但是是他的选择 |
[19:56] | Mr. Orchard, according to my records, | Orchard先生 根据我的文件记录 |
[19:58] | your company generates approximately | 你的公司每年大概可以获得 |
[20:01] | $1.5 billion in revenues each year. | 15亿的收入 |
[20:03] | – Is that right? – Approximately. | – 对吗? – 大概是的 |
[20:05] | Oh, forgive me, your honor. | 噢 原谅我 法官阁下 |
[20:07] | Before I began my cross-examination, | 在我开始交叉询问之前 |
[20:09] | I meant to congratulate Mr. Orchard. | 我想先祝贺Orchard先生 |
[20:11] | His wife recently gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter. | 他的妻子最近刚生下一名漂亮的女孩 |
[20:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:17] | 8 pounds, 15 ounces. Healthy, happy? | 8 磅15 盎司 很健康 高兴吗? |
[20:22] | Thank goodness, yes. | 谢天谢地 是的 |
[20:24] | She was a bit jaundiced when she came out, though, | 虽然她刚生下来的时候脸色有点黄 |
[20:27] | had a little fluid in her lungs which needed to be aspirated. | 肺部有点液体 需要用用抽吸装置抽吸出来 |
[20:30] | – Sorry? – No, I’m sorry. | – 抱歉你说什么? – 不 我很抱歉 |
[20:32] | I didn’t mean to disregard your other children, | 我并不想漠视你的其他孩子 |
[20:34] | which so often happens with the arrival of the new one. | 虽然有新生命诞生时经常如此 |
[20:36] | You have a 4-year-old and a 10-year-old. | 你还有一个4岁和一个10岁的孩子 |
[20:37] | Your honor! | 法官阁下! |
[20:38] | Your honor, I just thought Mr. Orchard would like to know | 法官阁下 我只是想Orchard先生会想知道 |
[20:40] | his 10-year-old Carly likes Max Babcock, | 他10岁的孩子Carly 喜欢的人是Max Babcock |
[20:43] | though Max doesn’t know if he likes her back. | 虽然Max不知道是否应该喜欢她 |
[20:45] | At least that’s what I ascertained from the chat room. | 至少这是我在聊天室里看到的 |
[20:47] | – Objection! – All this objecting. | – 反对! – 所有这些都令人反感 |
[20:49] | Mr. Jovanka, you seem in such a nasty mood. | Jovanka先生 你看上去心情很不好 |
[20:51] | Could it be the new Lexus you ordered online from a broker has been delayed? | 是不是因为你在网上定购的 新款雷克萨斯车的发货延迟了? |
[20:54] | Gosh, I hope you’re not forced to keep | 糟了 我希望你不用被迫使用 |
[20:56] | driving that sedan with the dent in it | 你那由于最近的小车祸 |
[20:57] | from your recent fender bender. | 而导致带有凹痕的老车 |
[20:59] | – Mr. Shore! – Yes, your honor | – Shore先生! – 是的 法官阁下 |
[21:00] | By the way, you need to renew your car registration, | 随便说句 你需要更新你小车的注册资料了 |
[21:03] | but congratulations on your colonoscopy. | 但是向你的结肠镜检查结果表示祝贺 |
[21:05] | – Mr. Shore! – Too personal? | – Shore先生! – 太私人了? |
[21:07] | It was just information I was able to obtain from web sites | 这仅仅是我可以从网站上获得的信息而已 |
[21:09] | which employ the accepted business standard for internet security. | 他们的网络安全性都达到了商业上接受的标准 |
[21:13] | That is what you called it, Mr. Orchard, correct? | 你是这么说的对吧 Orchard先生 |
[21:16] | Correct. | 是的 |
[21:17] | Here’s what I don’t understand. | 这是我不明白的地方 |
[21:19] | You’re a billion-dollar company. | 你是一间十亿美元市值的公司 |
[21:21] | You’re in the business of ensuring the health and well-being of your clientele. | 你们从事保障顾客健康的生意 |
[21:26] | And yet, you weren’t able to ensure the safety of their records, | 而你们不能够保证他们的隐私的安全 |
[21:29] | which you could have done had you spent | 而这仅仅需要你在网络安全上投入 |
[21:30] | just a fraction of those billions on internet security. | 你十亿市值的一小部分就可以实现 |
[21:33] | Mr. Shore, as we all know, health care costs have spun out of control. | Shore先生 众所周知 健康保险费用在急剧地上升 |
[21:37] | Information technology is the single largest cost | 信息技术对于我们 和其余的财富1000强企业来说 |
[21:39] | for us and for all other Fortune 1000 companies. | 都是一笔很大的开支 |
[21:42] | If we had upgraded to a more secure system, | 如果我们升级一个更安全的系统 |
[21:45] | more people would have had to do without health care. | 更多的人也许会丧失拥有健康保险的机会 |
[21:47] | And yet fewer would have been murdered. | 而会有更少的人被杀害 |
[22:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:08] | To Denny Crane. | 为Denny Crane干杯 |
[22:17] | Now, Brad, did you really ask me here on business, | 那么Brad 你真的是因为公事邀请我来这里的 |
[22:19] | or are you trying to do a little move-in on Denny Crane’s girl? | 还是你对Denny Crane的女人有点企图? |
[22:22] | Just business. | 只是公事 |
[22:24] | I’m here to talk about you and Denny. | 我想和你谈谈你和Denny |
[22:26] | Well, we’re very much in love. | 我们非常相爱 |
[22:28] | If anything changes, though, I’ll let you know. | 尽管如此 如果有变化 我会让你知道的 |
[22:32] | Well, as you know, Denny’s been married several times, | 你知道 Denny结过很多次婚 |
[22:35] | and each time, it’s ended in divorce. | 而每次都以离婚告终 |
[22:36] | And each divorce has been traumatic | 而每次离婚都对Denny和 |
[22:38] | and ultimately costly for Denny and Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所造成很大 的精神上和金钱上的伤害 |
[22:41] | Don’t worry about it, Brad. | 别担心这个Brad |
[22:42] | I’m sure I’m gonna sign any pre-nup that Denny wants me to. | 我肯定Denny会让我签一份婚前协议的 |
[22:45] | This isn’t about a pre-nup. | 这和婚前协议无关 |
[22:47] | This is about avoiding the turmoil of marriage and divorce altogether. | 总而言之 这是为了避免婚姻和离婚的骚乱 |
[22:53] | You lost me. | 我没听明白 |
[22:54] | I’ll make it simple. | 我说简单点 |
[22:56] | I’m prepared to give you $500,000 right now | 我打算现在给你50万美元 |
[23:00] | if you walk away and never have any contact with Denny Crane ever again. | 如果你愿意离开Denny Crane 并不再和他有任何联系 |
[23:12] | It will save us a lot of money, time and grief. | 这样我们可以节省很多金钱 时间和麻烦 |
[23:18] | But I want you to know that we will aggressively fight | 但是我要你明白 我们会尽一切努力 |
[23:20] | to keep you from exercising any control over Denny or the firm. | 阻止你对Denny或者这间事务所施加影响 |
[23:31] | I’m gonna tell you two things. | 我要告诉你两件事 |
[23:34] | First, I love Denny Crane with all my heart, | 第一 我全心全意爱着Denny Crane |
[23:37] | and I will never leave him, not for all the money in the world. | 就算你给我全世界所有的钱 我也不会离开他 |
[23:41] | And second… | 而第二… |
[23:43] | in a moment, you’re going to pour your glass of wine all over yourself. | 很快 你就会将自己杯子的酒倒在自己身上 |
[24:09] | Crap! | 该死! |
[24:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[24:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[24:27] | I always feel slightly sick to my stomach | 每当我在办公室独自加班到很晚的时候 |
[24:29] | when I work alone in the office late at night. | 我都感觉到胃有一点不舒服 |
[24:33] | I thought you liked being alone. | 我以为你喜欢独自一人 |
[24:35] | Oh, I love being alone. | 噢 是的我喜欢独自一人 |
[24:37] | I just prefer to be alone when there’s other people around. | 我只是更喜欢在我独自一人的时候 旁边有其他人存在 |
[24:42] | So how are you doing? | 你还好吗? |
[24:45] | Fine. | 很好 |
[24:47] | I have a rabbi friend with a small gambling problem | 我有一个犹太学者朋友 他有一点博弈方面的小毛病 |
[24:50] | who, when he hears someone say they’re fine, | 每当他听见某人说他们很好时 |
[24:52] | he always asks again until they | 他就会不断地反复问直到他们 |
[24:56] | say something other than “fine”. | 说出”很好”以外的东西 |
[25:00] | So… | 那么… |
[25:04] | how are you doing? | 你还好吗? |
[25:10] | I’m seeing someone who’s dying of lung cancer. | 我正在和一个得了晚期肺癌的人交往 |
[25:14] | And while he is a very wealthy man, | 而尽管他是一个很富有的人 |
[25:16] | he can’t buy his way out of the secondary cancers | 他却不能用钱摆脱由癌症初期治疗引起的 |
[25:20] | that the treatment for the first cancers are causing. | 癌症末期的症状 |
[25:22] | And here’s the kicker. | 而最棘手的是 |
[25:24] | He, um, Daniel… | 他 呃 Daniel… |
[25:26] | has completely shut me out of his life. | 完全把我挡在了他的生活之外 |
[25:33] | So now I just wait. | 所以我现在只能等待 |
[25:54] | Denise, I don’t know you very well. | Denise 虽然我不是很了解你 |
[25:56] | However, you don’t strike me as the type of woman who just waits… | 但是 你给我的印象并不是 像一个只会等待的女人… |
[26:02] | for anything. | 无论什么事 |
[26:31] | May I help you? | 我可以帮你吗? |
[26:32] | I’d like to buy some earplugs, please. | 我想要买一对耳塞 |
[26:41] | $2.03. | 2.03元 |
[27:33] | Oh, I’m in trouble now. | 噢 我现在有麻烦了 |
[27:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:36] | – What’s with me? – Indeed. | – 我怎么了? – 确实 |
[27:38] | I certainly have a lack of impulse control. | 我肯定是缺乏冲动控制 |
[27:42] | I must have ADD or OCD. | 我应该是得了注意力不足症(ADD) 或者强迫症(OCD) |
[27:46] | Or one of those other letter things. | 或者其他类似的东西 |
[27:47] | But I don’t want you to think I’m not aware of the hole we’re in. | 但是我不想你认为我不在乎我们的处境 |
[27:51] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[27:52] | That’s why I want you to know | 因此我想你知道 |
[27:54] | I’m willing to roll up my sleeves | 我愿意做好准备 |
[27:56] | and work with you on this. | 和你一起解决它 |
[27:59] | Maybe we can set up a little office for me at the firm. | 也许我们可以在事务所里 设立一个小办公室来处理它 |
[28:08] | I’ll be back. Sir. | 我会回来的 先生 |
[28:17] | Don’t go anywhere. | 哪都别去 |
[28:21] | What in the hell were you thinking? | 你到底在想什么? |
[28:23] | Well, you both gave me discretion to make her go away. | 你们说只要能让她离开 我可以放手去做的 |
[28:26] | But she didn’t go away! | 但是她没有离开! |
[28:28] | So you made this insane offer, | 你提出一个导致事务所陷入危机的愚蠢建议 |
[28:29] | put the firm at risk for nothing? | 却毫无所获? |
[28:31] | When this gets back to Denny, and it will, | 当这消息传到Denny耳朵里 |
[28:33] | he is going to blow sky high. | 他定会勃然大怒 |
[28:35] | Now Bev has a chip to play against us. | 现在Bev有对付我们的筹码了 |
[28:37] | Bev turned down the offer that I made her. | Bev拒绝了我提出的建议 |
[28:40] | She was very offended. She, um… | 她非常不愉快 她 呃… |
[28:44] | – Set my tie on fire. – Oh, God! | – 点燃了我的领带 – 噢 上帝! |
[28:47] | But before she tuned me down, she hesitated. | 但是在她拒绝我之前 她犹豫了 |
[28:52] | Just a little bit, but she hesitated. | 只是一会儿 但是她犹豫了 |
[28:57] | This is going to get ugly. | 事情将会变得很丑陋 |
[29:09] | How can I not testify? | 为什么我不能作证? |
[29:11] | You said yourself I’m the emotion in the case. | 你自己说过我是这个案子的情绪焦点 |
[29:14] | I’m thinking too much emotion. | 我想情绪可能有点过头了 |
[29:17] | I, I don’t understand. | 我 我不明白 |
[29:18] | Emily, I could put you on the stand, | Emily 我可以让你上证人席 |
[29:20] | exhibit your anger and sadness for the jury, | 向陪审团展示你的愤怒和悲伤 |
[29:23] | and they will be moved, but | 而他们会被打动 但是 |
[29:24] | then the defense has their turn, | 轮到被告时 |
[29:26] | and they’ll exploit those very same emotions, | 他们同样也会利用这些情绪 |
[29:28] | taking advantage of your pain. | 利用你的痛苦 |
[29:31] | They’ll argue that your vengeance is truly meant for your father, | 他们会辩称你的复仇心理是针对你的父亲 |
[29:35] | and you’ve refocused it toward Well Benefits, | 而你把它发泄到”Well Benefits”身上 |
[29:37] | the deepest pockets you could find. | 从而有机会获得高额的赔偿 |
[29:40] | And they’ll have the jury convinced it’s a misdirected | 他们会让陪审团判定这是误导 |
[29:43] | and therefore frivolous lawsuit, and that’s how we’ll lose. | 因此诉讼无效 我们将会输掉 |
[29:48] | I suspect the most difficult thing one could ask of you is trust, | 我想获取你的信任是一件困难的事 |
[29:53] | but that’s exactly what I’m asking for now, Emily. | 但是这正是我现在对你的要求Emily |
[30:03] | Let’s get in there. | 我们回到庭里吧 |
[30:13] | Mr. Shore… | Shore先生… |
[30:15] | I wish I could get you to come to the shelter. | 我希望你可以到庇护所去 |
[30:18] | So many of the women there desperately need legal advice, | 那儿有许多绝望的女性需要法律建议 |
[30:22] | someone who will speak to them openly and honestly. | 需要某人坦诚和真诚地和她们交流 |
[30:25] | Are they cute? | 她们可爱吗? |
[30:28] | You don’t fool me. | 你骗不了我 |
[30:30] | You’re a compassionate man. | 你是一个富有同情心的人 |
[30:36] | We need to get back. | 我们需要回到庭上了 |
[30:41] | Ned Hayden killed his wife. | Ned Hayden杀害了他的妻子 |
[30:44] | He’s serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole. | 他被判处无期徒刑而且不允许假释 |
[30:48] | Justice has been served. | 正义已经得到伸张 |
[30:51] | Emily Hayden’s loss is immeasurable, | Emily Hayden受到的伤害是无法估量的 |
[30:54] | but whatever closure she is seeking, | 但是无论她在寻找什么慰藉 |
[30:56] | she must find it in her soul or through her God, | 她必须要通过内心或者诉诸上帝 |
[31:00] | not through suing Well Benefits. | 而不是通过起诉”Well Benefits”公司来实现 |
[31:03] | Well Benefits could not reasonably foresee this killing | “Well Benefits”没有理由会预见到这次杀害 |
[31:06] | and did nothing to encourage it. | 也没有做起到任何推动作用 |
[31:08] | They were in compliance with all state | 他的网络安全性是符合联邦和州 |
[31:10] | and federal regulations regarding internet security. | 的相关规章制度的 |
[31:14] | If you find for the plaintiff, | 如果你们做出对原告的有利判决 |
[31:16] | you are punishing my client for playing by the rules, | 你们就是因我的委托人依法行事而处罚他 |
[31:20] | and you are opening a Pandora’s box of lawsuits, | 这样一来 你们就开启了潘多拉之盒 |
[31:24] | not just against HMOs, but against all internet businesses. | 不单只牵连到各个HMO公司 而是所有的网上商业行为 |
[31:27] | And who will ultimately end up paying for that? | 而最终谁会为这一切买单? |
[31:31] | You know. It’s you. | 你们知道 是你们自己 |
[31:36] | When I was 11 years old, | 在我11岁的时候 |
[31:38] | there came a time when the temptation | 有一段时间 我对我姐姐的生活感到 |
[31:40] | to explore the more secretive recesses | 十分好奇 探知她的秘密的强大诱惑力 |
[31:43] | of my older sister’s life became more than I could resist. | 使我沉迷其中无法自拔 |
[31:47] | I started by poking around in her room. | 我开始在她的房间附近闲荡 |
[31:49] | I ended by reading her diary. In my defense, | 而最终我读了她的日记 而我的理由是 |
[31:53] | she kept it right out in the open, under her mattress. | 她把日记本公然地放在她的床垫底下 |
[31:56] | And the little metal clasp on it was simply no match | 而那小小的金属锁头显然对 |
[32:00] | for the paper clip and the screwdriver. | 回形针和螺丝起子不起作用 |
[32:02] | I was eventually caught, | 我最后被抓到了 |
[32:04] | prompting my sister to have a lock installed in her door. | 导致我姐姐在门上装了把锁 |
[32:08] | The only consequence of the invasion of my sister’s privacy | 我入侵我姐姐的隐私的唯一后果是 |
[32:13] | was the temporary loss of her confidence and trust. | 我在一段时期内失去了她的信任 |
[32:17] | The invasion of Jackie Hayden’s privacy | 而入侵Jackie Hayden隐私的后果 |
[32:20] | led to her being stabbed and left to bleed to death in the street. | 导致了她被刺伤和在街头流血致死 |
[32:25] | Privacy and the safety and security | 隐私 安全保障 |
[32:29] | that that word has always implied has, with time and technology, | 这些词所蕴含的意义 在时间流逝和科技发展中 |
[32:35] | become an illusion. | 已经变成了幻想 |
[32:36] | The national security agency | 国家安全局 |
[32:38] | has access to all our e-mail the world over with its Echelon system. | 通过他们的Echelon系统可以查看我们的 电子邮件(Echelon系统是美国的情报系统) |
[32:42] | Virtually every web site you visit | 事实上我们浏览的每一个网站 |
[32:44] | installs a delicious cookie onto your computer, | 都会在你的电脑里安装一个美味的”曲奇” (Cookie这里指的是当你访问某个站点时 随某个 HTML网页发送到你的浏览器中的一小段信息) |
[32:48] | which is in fact a spy to track your every move. | 事实上它是一个间谍 可以追踪你网上的活动 |
[32:52] | There are predators out in cyberspace collecting data on your children | 当你们的孩子在聊天室里聊天时 |
[32:56] | while they innocently type away in chat rooms. | 有人正伺机收集他们的信息 |
[32:58] | And that little waiver you’ve signed in the doctor’s office | 你们在医生诊所里签下的小文件 |
[33:01] | most likely allows physicians to share your information on the internet | 将允许你的医生将你的信息放上网 |
[33:04] | with insurance companies, | 和保险公司 |
[33:06] | the government, your employer and the courts. | 政府 你的雇主还有法庭共享 |
[33:08] | Make no mistake, access to your information is easy. | 没错 要获取你的信息非常容易 |
[33:13] | All you need is a person’s 5-digit zip code, | 你所需的只是个人的五位数字编码 |
[33:16] | gender and date of birth to uniquely identify | 性别及出生日期 |
[33:20] | 87% of the US population. | 就能够识别美国87%的人口 |
[33:23] | That is how vulnerable we are, how vulnerable you are. | 我们就是这么的脆弱 你们就是这么的脆弱 |
[33:27] | Well Benefits says they could not have possibly foreseen | Well Benefits说他们不可能预见到 |
[33:31] | the actions of an abusive spouse intent on causing his wife harm. | 那位丧心病狂的丈夫会这样伤害他的妻子 |
[33:36] | Let me tell you what Jackie Hayden could not foresee, | 让我告诉你们Jackie Hayden 所没能预料到的是什么 |
[33:39] | that after years of cruel and violent | 在忍受了那么多年她丈夫的 |
[33:41] | debasement at the hands of her husband, | 粗鲁和暴力对待后 |
[33:43] | after she finally found her way out of the shadows, | 她最终从阴影中走了出来 |
[33:46] | she didn’t foresee that the people she most trusted | 她没有预见的是她所信任的人 |
[33:49] | with her health and well-being would | 她托付健康和幸福的人 |
[33:50] | lead the darkness right back to her door, | 会让她重新面对黑暗的过去 |
[33:52] | and now she’s dead. | 而现在她死了 |
[33:56] | Well Benefits made it easy for Ned Hayden to find his wife, | Well Benefits使Ned Hayden 很容易就找到了他的妻子 |
[34:00] | as easy as looking under a mattress. | 就像找床垫下的东西一样 |
[34:39] | Madame foreperson, you’ve reached a verdict? | 陪审团主席 你们达成一致意见了吗? |
[34:42] | We have, your honor | 是的 法官阁下 |
[34:43] | What say you | 是什么? |
[34:45] | We the jury find in favor of the plaintiff | 我们裁定原告胜诉 |
[34:48] | and award compensatory | 补偿赔偿金为 |
[34:49] | damages in the amount of $950,000 | 95万美元 |
[34:52] | and punitive damages in the amount of $2 million. | 而惩罚性赔偿金为2百万美元 |
[34:59] | Your honor, we move for a | 法官阁下 我们提请 |
[35:00] | judgment notwithstanding the verdict, | 法官径自判决动议 (在陪审团裁决后被告 辩护律师可以向法官提出请求法官 不理会陪审团裁决而径自判决的申请) |
[35:02] | or in the alternative, a new trial. | 或者案件重新审判动议 (陪审团裁决被告要付原告的损害赔偿金额 过高或不当时律师可以提出重新审判申请) |
[35:04] | Motion denied. | 动议被否决 |
[35:07] | Jury is dismissed. We are adjourned. | 陪审团可以解散了 休庭 |
[35:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:13] | – Thank you, Mr. Shore. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你 Shore先生 – 你客气了 |
[35:20] | I knew you could win this, Mr. Shore. | 我知道你能赢 Shore先生 |
[35:23] | Well, that’s usually the safe bet. | 这种案子通常都稳赢的 |
[35:26] | Tell me, how does a striking latino | 我想知道 一个迷人的拉丁女性 |
[35:29] | woman come by the name Irma Levine? | 为什么会取名叫Irma Levine? |
[35:33] | Congratulations on winning your case. Thank you. | 恭喜你赢得了这场官司 谢谢你 |
[35:45] | – Great work. – Thank you. | – 干得漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[35:47] | I have to go see the DA about Catherine. | 我必须去和地区检察官谈谈Catherine的事 |
[35:50] | Are you heading somewhere? | 你要去哪吗? |
[35:53] | Or just waiting? | 还是只是等待? |
[35:57] | No, I’m definitely not waiting. | 不 我明显不会再等了 |
[36:08] | Let her go? | 放了她? |
[36:09] | – What are you, high? – Not yet. | – 你怎么了 啃药了? – 还没呢 |
[36:11] | She already murdered a man. | 她已经杀了一个人了 |
[36:13] | For which a jury found her innocent. | 陪审团裁定她无罪 |
[36:15] | And now she’s on a crime spree. | 而现在她肆意地犯罪 |
[36:16] | Twice in the same | 两次都在同一间 |
[36:18] | convenience store hardly makes a spree. | 便利店里说不上是肆意吧 |
[36:19] | Then what would you call her, an active senior? | 那你称她为什么 一个活跃的老人? |
[36:23] | No. | 不 |
[36:25] | I would call her a sad and lonely old woman, | 我会称她为一个孤独而悲伤的老妇人 |
[36:28] | a woman who spent many years living in solitude | 一个多年来一直孤独生活 |
[36:31] | with nothing to occupy her wit and intellect. | 没办法施展才华的女性 |
[36:35] | Then one day, she became my assistant, | 然后有一天 她成为了我的助手 |
[36:37] | and suddenly she was in an | 突然间 她在这个环境中 |
[36:39] | environment equal to the task of entertaining | 找到了可以施展她的才华 |
[36:41] | and stimulating her magnificent mind. | 的途径 |
[36:45] | Then she should have taken up | 那么她应该从事 |
[36:46] | crocheting, not felony robbery. | 钩编工艺之类的活动 而不是去抢劫 |
[36:48] | Granted. | 我同意 |
[36:51] | But for Catherine, this was not about | 但是对于Catherine来说, 这不是为了 |
[36:53] | malice nor financial gain, nor thrill seeking. | 蓄意犯罪或者求财 又或者寻求刺激 |
[36:58] | It was about getting my attention, and she got it. | 只是为了引起我的注意力 而她做到了 |
[37:04] | Her reign of terror is over. | 她的恐怖活动将会结束 |
[37:07] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[37:14] | She pleads guilty to | 如果她对持有枪支的不正当行为 |
[37:16] | misdemeanor possession of a firearm. | 供认不讳的话 |
[37:17] | I’ll recommend probation, no jail time. | 我会提出缓刑 不用坐牢 |
[37:21] | Thank you, Ms. Raines. | 谢谢你 Raines小姐 |
[37:30] | – One thing. – Yes? | – 有件事 – 什么? |
[37:33] | I do this for you, you do something for me. | 我帮你这个忙 你也要帮我一个忙 |
[37:36] | I’m listening. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[37:40] | Get me an interview at Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | 帮我取得Crane Poole & Schmidt 事务所的面试机会 |
[37:44] | Let’s just say being a district attorney | 可以这么说 作为一个地区检察官 |
[37:46] | isn’t entertaining and stimulating my magnificent mind. | 不是施展我的才华的正确途径 |
[37:50] | Just get me in the door. I’ll get the job myself, | 你帮我引见就可以了 我会凭自己取得工作的 |
[37:52] | and you’ll get Catherine Piper back. | 而你可以带走Catherine Piper |
[37:57] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我会尽力而为 |
[38:14] | These are for you, dill pickles. | 这是给你的 莳萝泡菜 |
[38:16] | They’re supposed to alter the metallic | 它们应该可以改善化疗过程 |
[38:18] | taste sensation from the chemotherapy | 中产生的金属味觉 |
[38:20] | and make your regular food taste better. | 这会改善你的日常饮食味觉 |
[38:23] | Well, that is the nicest | 这真是我化疗中 |
[38:25] | chemo gift I’ve ever gotten. | 收到的最好礼物 |
[38:32] | This may not be the best time to discuss this, | 现在也许不是讨论的合适时候 |
[38:35] | but you’re weak, and I’m strong. | 但是你很虚弱 而我很强壮 |
[38:40] | You don’t get to set all the rules in this relationship. | 你不能对我们的交往设立那么多的规矩 |
[38:43] | Your whole life, you have | 在你的一生中 |
[38:45] | used money to set the rules, | 你利用金钱来定自己的规矩 |
[38:46] | and now you’re using your illness. | 而现在 你利用了你的病 |
[38:50] | I think I should be able | 我想我应该可以… |
[38:52] | to. I… I got the bum lung. | 我… 我的肺坏掉了 |
[38:55] | I know, I know, | 我知道 我知道 |
[38:57] | but it, it wasn’t right | 但是 这样不对 |
[39:02] | for you to shut me out like that. | 你不能这样把我拒之门外 |
[39:08] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说的对 我很抱歉 |
[39:13] | But if you hit me or anything, | 但是如果你要打我或什么的 |
[39:16] | I might literally die. | 我可能就会死掉了 |
[39:24] | Scoot. | 移开点 |
[39:42] | I’ve been thinking a good deal about my offer | 我一直在想我提出的关于 |
[39:45] | to hire you as my personal assistant, | 聘请你作为我的私人助理的事 |
[39:47] | I’ve come to the conclusion, | 我得出一个结论 |
[39:49] | Catherine, that I am a terrible boss. | Catherine 我是一个糟糕的老板 |
[39:53] | Oh, no, dear, I don’t think so. | 噢 不 亲爱的 我可不这么认为 |
[39:56] | My point is, I’ve found you a job, a better job. | 我的意思是 我给你找了一份工作 一份更好的工作 |
[40:00] | I don’t know. | 我不理解 |
[40:01] | The pay is comparable. It’s a start-up company, | 薪水很好 是一间刚起步的公司 |
[40:03] | and they need someone with imagination | 而他们需要一个有着想像力 |
[40:07] | and experience, a real people person. | 经验丰富 亲民的人 |
[40:10] | I immediately thought of you. | 我马上就想到了你 |
[40:14] | Dental? | 与牙科有关的工作? |
[40:16] | I’m sure something can be worked out. | 我相信凡事都有解决的办法 |
[40:19] | So what would I be doing? | 那么我要做什么? |
[40:23] | Pesto chicken, veggie wraps! | 蒜香鸡 素食套餐! |
[40:26] | Roast beef on ciabatta! Come and get it. | 意大利拖鞋面包配烤牛肉 大家来买啊 |
[40:29] | I have fruit and hard-boiled eggs | 我还有水果和煮鸡蛋等 |
[40:31] | and stuff, but I’ve got bundt cake. | 还有bundt蛋糕 |
[40:33] | Okay, what are you having there? That’s $4 for that. | 好吧 你要什么 那个4美元 |
[40:36] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢惠顾 |
[40:38] | Only a sandwich? Don’t you want something sweet? | 只要一个三文治? 你不要点其他甜点吗? |
[40:40] | I’ve got sweet buns. Oh, no. | 我有甜甜圈 噢 |
[40:47] | So you’re in the sandwich business now? | 你现在开始做三文治生意了? |
[40:51] | A silent investor. | 一个幕后投资者 |
[41:13] | There you are. | 你在这 |
[41:14] | I’ve hardly seen you this episode. | 这集几乎没有见过你 |
[41:17] | It saddens me. | 这使我感到悲哀 |
[41:22] | Tough case? | 棘手的案子? |
[41:23] | Yes, lack of privacy on the | 是的 网络上缺乏 |
[41:25] | internet is complicated and… | 隐私是一个很复杂和… |
[41:27] | overwhelming. | 无法抵抗的情况 |
[41:29] | It doesn’t scare me. | 这吓不倒我 |
[41:31] | My life’s an open book. | 我的生活就像一本敞开的书 |
[41:33] | So you wouldn’t mind if someone tapped a few keys | 那么你不介意别人打几个字 |
[41:36] | and discovered you have mad cow? | 就可以发现你得了疯牛症? |
[41:38] | I don’t care. I tell everybody I meet anyway. | 我不在乎 我告诉我遇见的每一个人 |
[41:42] | Ever looked yourself up on the internet? | 有在网上查过你自己吗? |
[41:43] | I have. Denny Crane, legal genius. What about you? | 有 Denny Crane 法律天才 你呢? |
[41:49] | No. I don’t want to know me. | 没 我不想知道自己的事 |
[41:52] | Oh, I know you. You’re not so bad. | 噢 我了解你 你不是那么地糟 |
[42:01] | – So I’ve met this girl. – You did? | – 我遇见了这个女孩 – 是吗? |
[42:03] | Irma Levine. She gives me a bit of trouble. | Irma Levine 她给我带来一点小麻烦 |
[42:09] | Take her to my wedding. | 带她去我的婚礼 |
[42:11] | – We just met. – Bev and I just met. | – 我们刚刚才认识 – 我和Bev也是刚认识 |
[42:13] | We’re the ones getting married. | 我们就要结婚了 |
[42:15] | You are, aren’t you? | 你要结婚了 是吗? |
[42:21] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |