时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on Boston legal | |
[00:03] | Look, judge, I can’t defend a man | 法官阁下 我不能够为一个 |
[00:06] | who raped and murdered a 13-year-old girl. | 强奸并杀害了13岁女孩的人辩护 |
[00:08] | I got AIDS, Denny Crane. | 我得了爱滋 Denny Crane |
[00:10] | She could’ve had a lot of suffering | 她可能会在往后受到更多折磨 |
[00:11] | ahead, because I really went to town. | 你知道我指什么吧? |
[00:13] | She’s probably lucky I ended it quick. | 她也许会庆幸我提早结束了她的痛苦 |
[00:15] | On the other hand… | 另一方面… |
[00:16] | What? | 你想… |
[00:17] | You’re entitled as a criminal | 你作为他的律师有权 |
[00:19] | defense attorney to shoot someone? | 开枪射他? |
[00:21] | No, no, no. It’s self, self-defense. | 不 不 不 这是自卫 正当防卫 |
[00:23] | Come on. | 夜惊? |
[00:24] | Night terrors? How would you feel about sleeping with me? | 和我一起睡 你觉得怎么样? |
[00:26] | It’s just to make sure I | 只是确保我 |
[00:28] | don’t leap off the 14th floor. | 不会从14楼跳下去 |
[00:29] | You’ll do anything to get me into bed. | 你会做任何事来把我弄上床 |
[00:50] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[00:52] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[00:55] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[01:16] | Hey! Hey! | 嗨! 嗨! |
[01:18] | What the hell do you… | 你在干吗… |
[01:19] | Get up, Denny, we’re going to the bathroom. | 起来Denny 我们去厕所 |
[01:21] | Untie the knot. | 解开绳子就行了 |
[01:23] | It takes too long. Let’s just get up! | 那太麻烦了 起来就好! |
[01:25] | I’m not getting up! | 我才不起来! |
[01:27] | It’ll take two seconds! | 一会儿就好! |
[01:29] | It’s the middle of the night! | 现在是午夜! |
[01:30] | Just get up. | 起来 |
[01:31] | I’m not gonna get up. | 我才不要起来 |
[01:34] | Damn it! | 该死! |
[01:40] | Happy? | 高兴了? |
[01:45] | This isn’t working for me. | 这招对我没用 |
[02:20] | I was thinking if I develop some kind of a rip cord, | 我当时在想 如果我把绳子处理一下 |
[02:23] | I could free myself with one | 那我就可以很容易把它挣断 |
[02:25] | little tug and you, therefore, | 而你 那样的话 |
[02:27] | wouldn’t be inconvenienced by my nocturnal bladder. | 就不会被我的夜尿吵醒了 |
[02:30] | I’ve been sleeping with you a week. | 我和你睡了一个星期了 |
[02:32] | I haven’t noticed one night terror. | 从来就没见你的夜惊发作过 |
[02:35] | That’s because I feel so comforted | 那是因为我在你那充满安全感的 |
[02:37] | nestled in the safety of your bosom. | 怀抱中感到那么的舒适 |
[02:38] | Change, please? | 给点零钱吧 |
[02:39] | That’s what this is all about, isn’t it? My breasts. | 这就是你的目的 不是吗? 我的胸部 |
[02:42] | You’re lactating, admit it. | 你在泌乳 承认吧 |
[02:45] | Hey! | 嗨! |
[02:49] | Now if you don’t wanna give | 如果你不想 |
[02:50] | me no change, that’s fine. | 给我钱 没关系 |
[02:51] | But how about the courtesy of a response? | 但起码有点礼貌的回应吧? |
[02:54] | You want a response? | 你要回应? |
[02:58] | Denny, what the hell do you… | Denny 你搞什么… |
[03:00] | Relax. Paintball. | 放心 彩弹 |
[03:07] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[03:15] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这么做的 |
[03:17] | You’ve been telling me for three | 3天来你一直在说 |
[03:18] | days that I don’t have to do this. | 我不用这么做的 |
[03:19] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[03:21] | It’s your birthday present. I want to. | 这是你的生日礼物 我应该的 |
[03:23] | A bedroom set is more than a birthday present. | 一套卧室用品用来当礼物太过了 |
[03:26] | Okay, could we just stop arguing about this? | 好吧 我们能不能不要再讨论这个了? |
[03:28] | Can I get a toy? | 我能要个玩具吗? |
[03:30] | No, Tito, we’re not here for toys. | 不Tito 我们不是来买玩具的 |
[03:32] | May I help you? | 我能帮你吗? |
[03:33] | Uh, yeah, we’re looking for bedroom furniture. | 呃 好的 我们想买一套卧室家具 |
[03:35] | – Second floor. – Thank you. | – 二楼 – 谢谢 |
[03:37] | You know, Denise, what I’d | 你知道吗 Denise 我真正喜欢 |
[03:39] | really like is a picture frame. | 的是一个相框 |
[03:40] | This is beautiful. | 这个真漂亮 |
[03:43] | We came here to buy a bed. | 我们来这里是买床的 |
[03:45] | We came here to buy a | 我们来这里买 |
[03:46] | dresser. We came here to buy lamps. | 衣柜 买灯具 |
[03:48] | We are not leaving here with just a picture frame. | 我们不会只带着一个相框离开 |
[03:52] | Even though this is really beautiful. | 虽然这个的确很漂亮 |
[03:54] | Can I buy you the picture frame? | 那我送这个给你行吗? |
[03:56] | You have a really hard time | 你真的很不喜欢 |
[03:58] | accepting gifts, don’t you? | 收礼物 是吗? |
[03:59] | A gift like a whole bedroom? Yes. | 整套卧室用品? 是的 |
[04:02] | All right, second floor, lady. Let’s do it. | 好了 二楼 我们走吧 |
[04:08] | Tito? | Tito? |
[04:10] | Tito? | Tito? |
[04:12] | Where is he? | 他去哪了? |
[04:14] | Have you seen my son? | 你看见我的儿子了吗? |
[04:18] | He’s gotta be here. He was here just a minute ago. | 他应该在附近 他刚才还在的 |
[04:20] | Tito? | Tito? |
[04:22] | Tito? | Tito? |
[04:25] | Hey, I’m looking for a little boy, 4 years old. | 嗨 我正在找一个小孩 4岁 |
[04:29] | He’s wearing red and gray jacket and jeans. | 穿着红灰夹克和牛仔裤 |
[04:32] | Tito? | Tito? |
[04:34] | Anyone? | 有人看见吗? |
[04:39] | Tito! | Tito! |
[04:59] | Are you sure that’s him? | 你确定这是他? |
[05:01] | Positive. His name is Tito. | 是的 他的名字叫Tito |
[05:03] | Please, god. | 上帝 |
[05:05] | Please, god. | 上帝 |
[05:08] | – Did you get a plate number? – Partial. | – 你看见车牌了吗? – 部分 |
[05:10] | He has my son. | 他带走了我的孩子 |
[05:12] | He has my son. | 他带走了我的孩子 |
[05:13] | – Can I talk to you a second? – Yeah. | – 我能和你说几句吗? – 好的 |
[05:26] | The FBI will be assuming jurisdiction. | FBI将会接手此案 |
[05:29] | Which means what? You’re off? | 什么意思? 你们不管了? |
[05:30] | We’re not off. | 我们不会不管 |
[05:32] | This woman is… | 这位女性是… |
[05:35] | My housekeeper. | 我的管家 |
[05:37] | Denise, look, we know who took the boy. | Denise 是这样的 我们知道谁带走了这个孩子 |
[05:40] | – You do? – His name is Joe Martini. | – 你们知道? – 他的名字叫Joe Martini |
[05:43] | We don’t know where he is but, | 我们不知道他在哪里 但是 |
[05:44] | the good news is we at least | 好消息是 我们至少 |
[05:45] | know who we’re dealing with. | 知道我们要对付的是谁 |
[05:47] | The bad news is… | 坏消息是… |
[05:49] | he kidnapped a 5-year-old two years ago. | 他两年前绑架了一个5岁大的小孩 |
[05:52] | The child turned up deceased. | 那个孩子死了 |
[05:54] | Mr. Martini’s a pedophile. | Martini先生是一个恋童癖 |
[05:59] | Does he have an address? | 他有住址吗? |
[06:01] | He drifts. Occasionally visits his brother. | 他行踪不定 偶尔会拜访他的兄弟 |
[06:03] | We’ve already sent some uniforms to question. | 我们已经派了几位警官去询问 |
[06:05] | Why isn’t this man in prison if you know who he is? | 既然你们知道他是什么人 为什么不把他关进监狱? |
[06:07] | He was arrested. | 他曾被捕 |
[06:08] | But we couldn’t make the case. | 但是我们没办法定罪 |
[06:42] | Denny Crane? | Denny Crane? |
[06:44] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[06:45] | – You shot me. – I did. | – 你射了我 – 是的 |
[06:47] | – You the big lawyer? – I am. | – 你是个大律师? – 没错 |
[06:48] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事? |
[06:49] | I could take you to court for assault, man. | 我可以把你告上法庭 伙计 |
[06:51] | – Sue me. – But I’m willing to settle. | – 告我啊 – 但是我愿意和解 |
[06:53] | Give me $100,000. Seems a little high. | – 给我10万美元就好 – 听起来有点多 |
[06:56] | How about zip? Does zip work for you? | 0元怎么样? 看起来比较适合你 |
[06:58] | I may be homeless, but I ain’t stupid. | 我也许是无家可归 但是我不笨 |
[07:00] | My mistake. | 噢 我的错 |
[07:03] | I’ll be back. | 我会回来的 |
[07:09] | Denny, I could be wrong, but you | Denny 我也许错了 但是 |
[07:10] | might want to think about settling this. | 你也许应该考虑一下和解 |
[07:12] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说得很对 |
[07:14] | You could be wrong. | 你也许错了 |
[07:20] | Brad, the guy is a pedophile. | Brad 那个人是恋童癖 |
[07:24] | The first 48 hours, if we don’t… | 在开始的48小时内 如果我们不… |
[07:26] | What are the police saying? | 警方说了什么? |
[07:27] | They know who he is. They don’t know where he is. | 他们知道他是谁 但是不知道他在哪 |
[07:29] | Apparently, the FBI is all over it but… | 显然 FBI接手了 但是… |
[07:32] | this is an hispanic kid. It’s not like | 这是个西班牙小孩 他们并不会像新闻所说的那样 |
[07:35] | the news is gonna make a big deal of it. | 把这当成一件很大的事情 |
[07:38] | I hear that you have friends in the FBI. | 我听说你在FBI里有朋友 |
[07:41] | I do. | 是的 |
[07:43] | Can you help? Please? | 你能帮帮忙吗? 行吗? |
[07:46] | The first 48 hours… | 开始的48小时… |
[07:49] | We think the brother knows where he is. | 我们认为他的兄弟知道他在哪里 |
[07:51] | – But? – He’s not talking. | – 但是? – 他不会说的 |
[07:53] | Can’t you charge him with | 你们不能控告他同谋吗? |
[07:55] | conspiracy? Aiding and abetting? | 教唆协助之类的? |
[07:56] | His only crime is being | 他唯一的罪行就是 |
[07:57] | fraternally related to the kidnapper. | 作为一个绑架犯的兄弟 |
[07:59] | We can’t exactly, uh… | 我们不能够准确地 呃… |
[08:00] | – What about harboring a fugitive | 那么为一个罪犯提供庇护呢 |
[08:02] | No evidence that the | 没有证据表明 |
[08:03] | suspect was there after the crime. | 疑犯在犯罪以后去过那里 |
[08:05] | So what you’re saying is you’re nowhere. | 那么你说的是你什么都帮不了 |
[08:07] | Look, uh, we’re on this. So | 是这样 呃 我们在关注此事 |
[08:10] | is the Boston P.D. But, uh… | 波士顿警方也是 但是 呃… |
[08:12] | take a walk? | 去走走? |
[08:14] | – You can talk in front of me. – She’s good. | – 有话可以当着我面说 – 她没问题 |
[08:18] | Anything the FBI or the | FBI和警察做的任何事 |
[08:19] | police do, it’s state action. | 都是政府行为 |
[08:21] | We have limitations. | 我们受到制约 |
[08:22] | What a private citizen does, however, | 但是 市民的私自行动 |
[08:24] | no poisonous fruit issues, no civil rights concerns. | 不涉及毒果政策和公民权利 (毒果政策 美法律术语 指非法获得的证据不能被作为定罪的证据) |
[08:28] | A child is missing. If you | 一个孩子失踪了 |
[08:30] | could be a little less cryptic. | 你说话能不能不要那么含糊 |
[08:32] | A lot of kids who live in cults, | 有很多的孩子生活在一种环境中 |
[08:33] | for example, their parents hire | 例如 他们的父母会雇用 |
[08:35] | P.I.’s to basically kidnap them. | 私人侦探去绑架他们 |
[08:37] | Technically, it’s a crime. Are | 技术上说 这是犯罪 |
[08:39] | these parents ever prosecuted? | 这些家长有被起诉吗? |
[08:40] | No. | 没有 |
[08:41] | Brad, you yourself hired some | Brad 你本身也有雇用 |
[08:43] | P.I.’s to do an intervention. | 私家侦探来做一些事 |
[08:44] | Legally, that was false imprisonment. | 法律上来说 这是非法羁押 |
[08:46] | Did we prosecute? No. | 我们有起诉吗? 没有 |
[08:49] | – Is he being less cryptic? – Self-help. | – 他有说的清楚一些吗? – 自己理解吧 |
[08:52] | That brother knows | 那个兄弟知道一些东西 |
[08:54] | something. I know he knows something. | 我知道他知道一些东西 |
[08:56] | If we weren’t under such scrutiny, | 如果我们不是受到限制 |
[08:58] | we’d grab him ourselves and, | 我们大可以把他抓起来 然后 |
[09:01] | uh, encourage him a little. | 呃 鼓励他说出一些信息 |
[09:03] | I never saw you take that | 我从来没有看见你 |
[09:05] | badge out of my desk drawer. | 从我抽屉里拿了这块警徽 |
[09:06] | – Never saw you take that one. – Wait, wait, wait. | – 也没看见你拿了那块 – 等等 |
[09:09] | Are you suggesting that we | 你是在暗示我们 |
[09:11] | impersonate FBI officials? | 假冒一个FBI工作人员? |
[09:12] | I would never suggest that. | 我绝不会暗示这些 |
[09:29] | He’s back? | 他回来了? |
[09:30] | In the conference room with a lawyer. | 在会议室 和一个律师一起 |
[09:32] | You, kid. | 你 孩子 |
[09:33] | – Yes, sir? – Fix my tie. | – 什么事 先生? – 帮我整理下领带 |
[09:35] | Get in the conference room. Sit there quietly. | 到会议室去 安静地坐在那儿 |
[09:37] | Pretend you know something. | 假装你知道什么 |
[09:39] | – You, you know my name? – Yes, sir. | – 你 你知道我是谁吗? – 是的 先生 |
[09:40] | Maybe one day I’ll know yours. In | 也许有一天我会知道你是谁 |
[09:42] | the conference room with goober. | 和这个小家伙一起去会议室 |
[09:43] | No talking. | 不要说话 |
[09:45] | Denny, why don’t I join you? | Denny 不如我也加入你吧? |
[09:47] | Why not? A show of force. | 为什么不呢? 这是实力的展示 |
[09:49] | Oh, Paul, Shirley, | 噢 Paul Shirley |
[09:51] | join me in the conference room for a | 和我一起去会议室好吗? |
[09:52] | second, would you? It won’t take long. | 用不了多少时间的 |
[09:53] | – What’s going on? – Please. | – 发生什么事了? – 去吧 |
[10:09] | Who the hell are you? | 你到底是谁? |
[10:10] | Uh, my name is Warren Peters, sir. | 呃 我的名字是Warren Peters 先生 |
[10:13] | And I represent my client Randall Kirk. | 我代表我的委托人Randall Kirk |
[10:16] | You work for a firm, Warren? | 你在为事务所工作 Warren? |
[10:17] | Well, actually, I’m a solo practitioner. | 这个 事实上 我是个人执业律师 |
[10:20] | Gee. | 噢 |
[10:22] | As you can see, I’m not. | 如你所知 我不是 |
[10:23] | I work for a firm, one of the largest in Boston. | 我在一间事务所工作 波士顿最大的事务所之一 |
[10:26] | Dripping with talent. This is Paul Lewiston. | 盛名远扬 这位是Paul Lewiston |
[10:29] | Right here beside him, Shirley Schmidt. | 在他旁边这位 Shirley Schmidt |
[10:32] | Heard of them? | 听过他们吗? |
[10:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:35] | What’s my name? | 我的名字是什么? |
[10:37] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[10:39] | I realize you’re a powerful man, sir. | 我知道你是一个大人物 先生 |
[10:41] | But that does not give you the | 但是这不代表你有权力 |
[10:43] | right to shoot homeless people. | 向无家可归的人们开枪 |
[10:44] | You, you shot this man? | 你 你射了这个人? |
[10:47] | A paintball. | 彩弹而已 |
[10:49] | It happens. | 时有发生 |
[10:50] | Did you client tell you that he | 你的委托人有没告诉你 |
[10:53] | first hit me on the head with a rock? | 是他先向我的头丢石块的? |
[10:55] | Well, he tossed a stone in your | 他向你的方向丢了块石头 |
[10:57] | direction which inadvertently struck you. | 无意中击中了你 |
[10:59] | Well, obviously, I’m not gonna pay, son. | 好吧 很明显 我不会给钱的 孩子 |
[11:02] | So you can spend the next three | 因此你可以花上你生命中 |
[11:04] | years of your life in discovery | 接下来3年的时间 |
[11:05] | trying to push this case to court, | 尝试把这个案子弄到庭上去 |
[11:07] | at which point I’ll call the clerk | 而到时我会打电话给办事员 |
[11:09] | and have it assigned to a friend of | 将它指派给我的一个朋友 |
[11:11] | mine. I’m friends with lots of judges. | 我是很多法官的朋友 |
[11:13] | Or you can cut your losses now. | 或者你可以现在就放弃 |
[11:16] | You might want to think about this. | 你也许会考虑一下 |
[11:18] | No other lawyer would take the case. | 没有律师会愿意接这个案子 |
[11:20] | The reason they wouldn’t take it | 他们不愿意接的原因 |
[11:22] | it’s because it’s a money loser. | 是因为这是费钱不讨好的案子 |
[11:24] | It’s what we call a dog. You like dog cases, kid? | 我们把它称为毫无价值的案子 你喜欢这种案子 孩子? |
[11:28] | I’m not intimidated. | 我不会屈服于威胁的 |
[11:30] | Of course you are. | 你当然会 |
[11:34] | Here’s what you need to know | 这是你所要知道的 |
[11:36] | about the practice of law, son. | 关于法律的实践 孩子 |
[11:38] | It all comes down to money. | 归根到底就是钱 |
[11:40] | I’ve got it. He doesn’t. I’ll win. | 我有钱 他没有 我会赢 |
[11:47] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[12:03] | Why aren’t they doing anything? | 为什么他们不做些什么? |
[12:05] | They are, Helena, it just… | 他们有Helena 只是… |
[12:06] | They could set up roadblocks. | 他们可以设置路障 |
[12:08] | Somebody’s gotta do something. | 必须要有人做点什么 |
[12:10] | The police are all over this. It’s just… | 警方在关注此事 只是… |
[12:13] | They don’t know where this man is. | 他们不知道这个人在哪里 |
[12:19] | I’m not risking arrest. | 我可不想被逮捕 |
[12:20] | The FBI’s told me that won’t happen. | FBI和我说这不会发生 |
[12:22] | What about the police? | 警方呢? |
[12:23] | As long as you don’t cause any | 只要你们不造成 |
[12:24] | physical injuries, we’re okay. | 任何物理伤害 我们就没事 |
[12:25] | – Will this man be armed? – We expect not. | – 这个男的有武器吗? – 我们认为没有 |
[12:28] | He has no record, no history of violence. | 他没有犯罪记录 没有暴力史 |
[12:30] | But be ready just the same. | 但是我们还是做好准备为好 |
[12:31] | Now, hopefully, he’ll talk. | 现在 希望他愿意说出来 |
[12:33] | But if not, we got a room in the | 但是如果他不 我们在地下室 |
[12:34] | basement, looks like an FBI Interrogation cell. | 有间房 看上去就像是FBI的审讯室 |
[12:36] | We blindfold him. We take him there. | 我们把他眼睛蒙起来 带他到那儿 |
[12:37] | Brad, you’re not gonna go | Brad 你不会想像 |
[12:39] | all “Mannix” on us, are you? | “Mannix”那样做吧? |
[12:40] | I never did that. | 我从没那样做过 |
[12:42] | I’ll meet you downstairs. Let’s go. | 我在楼底和你们会合 出发吧 |
[12:51] | What did he mean, “go all Mannix”? | 他说的”像Mannix那样”是什么意思? |
[12:55] | When I was a kid, my role model was sort of Mannix. | 当我还是小孩时 我的偶像就是像Mannix那样的人 |
[12:59] | The famous private detective? | 那个著名的私家侦探? |
[13:01] | He was a television character. | 他只是一个电视角色 |
[13:02] | – I’ll let you know how we do. – Whoa, whoa, whoa. | – 我会让你知道我们怎么做的 – 喔 喔 喔 |
[13:05] | I’m coming with you. | 我和你一起去 |
[13:06] | – No, you’re not. – Yes, I am. | – 不 你不去 – 不 我要去 |
[13:07] | There’s no reason for both | 没有理由让我们俩 |
[13:08] | of us to risk our careers… There is no way I’m letting you do this alone. | – 同时拿自己的职业生涯来冒险… – 我不会让你一个人去做这事的 |
[13:09] | I have some experience… | 我有过一些经验… |
[13:10] | – You are also up for full partnership | 而且你就要竞选合伙人了 |
[13:12] | – As are you. – And I’m willing to take the risk. | – 你也是 – 我愿意冒这个险 |
[13:15] | Why are we wasting our time? There’s a child missing. | 我们干嘛在这浪费时间?有个孩子失踪了 |
[13:24] | Garrett? | Garrett? |
[13:26] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[13:28] | To do research. | 做些调查 |
[13:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:32] | If a person breaks the law | 如果一个人犯了法 |
[13:33] | or takes the law into his or her | 或者为了救其他人 |
[13:34] | hands in order to save someone, | 比如说一个被绑架的孩子 |
[13:36] | say, a kidnapped child, what is the | 而充当执法者的角色 |
[13:38] | exposure, either civil or criminal? | 在民事或者刑事上可以怎么辩诉? |
[13:39] | I need the answer ten minutes ago. | 10分钟之内给我答案 |
[13:41] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[13:44] | Go. | 快去 |
[13:50] | My lawyer dropped me. | 我的律师放弃了 |
[13:52] | – Bugger. – If you think you won… | – 那个小家伙 – 如果你认为你赢了… |
[13:54] | I do. | 是的 |
[13:55] | – I’ll find another one. – No, you won’t. | – 我会找到另一个律师 – 不 你不会的 |
[13:57] | Nobody’s gonna make any money suing Denny Crane | 没有律师可以从起诉Denny Crane中获利 |
[14:00] | with a client who initiated | 而且是委托人通过丢石块 |
[14:01] | the conflict by throwing a rock. | 来引起这场冲突的 |
[14:03] | But, hey, if you can find another shark | 但是 如果你能找到另一个傻瓜 |
[14:04] | like the last one, you know where to find me. | 像上一个那样 你知道哪里可以找到我 |
[14:06] | Only don’t come in personally, okay, sport? | 只是不要私下找我 知道吗 小子? |
[14:10] | I’ll file a complaint for stalking. | 我会投诉你跟踪我 |
[14:17] | Mr. Kirk? | Kirk先生? |
[14:20] | – I’ll represent you. – Is this a joke? | – 我会代表你 – 这是笑话吗? |
[14:22] | – Of course it is. – No, it isn’t. | – 当然是 – 不 不是 |
[14:24] | I’ll be your lawyer. | 我会做你的律师 |
[14:27] | I’m confused. | 我糊涂了 |
[14:29] | You’re right, Denny, no | 你是对的 Denny |
[14:30] | other lawyer would take his case. | 没有律师会接他的案子 |
[14:32] | So it’s going to be me. | 所以只能由我来接 |
[14:41] | Shock and awe, boys, shock and awe. | 震慑行动 各位 震慑行动 (Shock-and-awe美军针对伊拉克 的“震慑行动” 这个词一度很流行) |
[14:43] | Are we confident that he’s gonna be here? | 我们能确认他在这里吗? |
[14:45] | He works nights. He’s home. | 他上夜班 他现在在家 |
[14:53] | FBI, ma’am, we’re looking for Dominic Martini. | FBI 女士 我们在找Dominic Martini |
[15:00] | You’re under arrest for | 你被捕了 |
[15:02] | aiding and abetting a felony, | 罪名是教唆协助罪 |
[15:03] | conspiracy to commit kidnapping. | 绑架案的同谋 |
[15:08] | Tell us where your brother is! | 告诉我们你的兄弟在哪里! |
[15:11] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[15:13] | Anybody here speak Spanish? | 谁会说西班牙语? |
[15:15] | I think it’s Russian. | 我想这是俄语 |
[15:16] | It’s Italian. | 是意大利语 |
[15:34] | – Let’s take him! – No! | – 把他抓走! – 不! |
[15:46] | Have you both lost your minds? | 你们俩都疯了? |
[15:50] | Impersonating FBI officers? | 假冒FBI工作人员? |
[15:54] | – With the bureau’s consent. – Officially? | – 调查局同意的 – 正式的? |
[15:56] | No, but… | 不是 但是… |
[15:57] | You’ve gotta be kidding. | 你们真是在开玩笑 |
[15:58] | – We’re not gonna do anything crazy | 我们没有做什么疯狂的事 |
[16:00] | – Shirley… – You already have. | – 你们已经做了 – Shirley… |
[16:02] | We are lawyers. We sue people. | 我们是律师 我们起诉人们 |
[16:05] | Occasionally, we get aggressive and garnish wages. | 当然有时候我们比较富有侵略性 可以传讯他人 |
[16:09] | We do not abduct. | 但是我们不能绑架 |
[16:11] | Denny shoots people. | Denny向其他人开枪 |
[16:14] | I would never have expected | 我可从来没想到会这样 |
[16:16] | this. Not even from Alan Shore. | 更别提Alan Shore了 |
[16:18] | Shirley, I know this little boy. | Shirley 我认识这个小孩子 |
[16:21] | He was taken partly on my watch. | 可以说他是在我眼皮底下被带走的 |
[16:24] | I have to do whatever I can do. | 我会尽我的能力找他 |
[16:27] | I don’t care about the risk. | 我不在乎风险 |
[16:33] | The firm will have nothing | 这间事务所 |
[16:35] | to do with this whatsoever. | 和这件事没有任何关系 |
[16:36] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[16:38] | From now on, I don’t even want to know about it. | 从现在开始 我不要听到任何关于它的事 |
[16:40] | You two are coming up for partner. | 你们俩都要竞选合伙人了 |
[16:42] | There are two things that you | 有两件事你们 |
[16:44] | should constantly be aware of. | 必须要意识到的 |
[16:46] | Your actions reflect on Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | 你们的行为将会影响到 Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所 |
[16:49] | What’s the other thing? | 另一件事是什么? |
[16:51] | You’re Schmidt. | 你是Schmidt |
[16:56] | Let me do the talking. | 让我来问话 |
[16:58] | – All of it. – Why? | – 所有的提问 – 为什么? |
[16:59] | Because you’re Mannix? | 因为你是Mannix? |
[17:01] | Denise… | Denise… |
[17:03] | Garrett, what’s the answer to | Garrett 我要的答案呢? |
[17:05] | my questions? The short one? | 简短点说 |
[17:06] | Basically, if compliance with the law | 主要地说 如果遵守法律 |
[17:08] | will result in a greater harm than breaking the law, | 比违反法律造成的伤害更大 |
[17:11] | the defense of necessity justifies breaking the law. | 紧急避险条款会证明违反法律是合法的 (紧急避险具体定义请查阅google) |
[17:13] | I could kiss you. | 我应该亲你一口 |
[17:15] | – But I won’t. – Let’s go. | – 但是我不会的 – 走吧 |
[17:31] | It’s not only about being against | 这不是要和你对着干 |
[17:32] | you. I’m doing this to help him. | 我只是在帮他 |
[17:34] | First of all, you’re a lawyer here. | 首先 你是这里的律师 |
[17:35] | – Well, if he waves the conflict.. | 好吧 如果他要避免冲突.. |
[17:37] | And secondly, you’re a witness. | 其次 你是一名证人 |
[17:38] | Denny… Denny, look… | |
[17:39] | – We’re friends. – Yes, we are. | – 我们是朋友 – 是的 我们是 |
[17:41] | And we’re sleeping together! | 而且我们在一起睡! |
[17:48] | I’m guarding you against night | 我帮你克服夜惊 |
[17:50] | terrors, and this is the payback I get? | 而这就是你给我的回报? |
[17:51] | Look, I… / No! I’m not gonna look. | – 听我说 我… – 不! 我不听 |
[18:03] | Denny… | Denny… |
[18:04] | – Get out. – Why are you being such a bully? | – 出去 – 为什么你变得那么霸道? |
[18:07] | Your insurance company will undoubtedly pay. | 你的保险公司毫无疑问会付钱的 |
[18:09] | That’s not the point. You shot | – 这不是重点 – 你朝这人 |
[18:11] | the man with a gun between the eyes. | 两眼之间开了一枪 |
[18:13] | You could’ve blinded him. | 你很可能会弄瞎他 |
[18:14] | You perhaps could’ve killed | 你可能会杀了他 |
[18:16] | him. He deserves to be compensated. | 他有理由获得赔偿 |
[18:17] | Well, he’s not gonna be. | 噢 他不会得到的 |
[18:19] | You wanna take me to court? | 你要让我上庭吗? |
[18:19] | – I certainly don’t want to go to court | 我当然不想闹上法庭 |
[18:24] | Denny, I looked at that man, an indigent, | Denny 我看着那个人 那个贫困潦倒的人 |
[18:28] | sitting across from a roomful of us. | 坐在我们一大群人当中 |
[18:32] | Shirley, Paul, you, me… | Shirley Paul 你 我… |
[18:36] | the rich. | 富人 |
[18:38] | You know, we’ve got 37 million people in | 你知道 我们国家有3700万人民 |
[18:40] | this country living below the poverty line? | 生活在贫困线之下 |
[18:42] | 13% of the American population. | 占美国人口总数的13% |
[18:44] | They don’t get education. | 他们得不到教育 |
[18:46] | They don’t get health insurance. | 他们得不到健康保险 |
[18:46] | For god’s sake, they don’t even | 看在上帝的份上 他们甚至 |
[18:48] | get rescued when they’re dying. | 在快死的时候得不到救助 |
[18:50] | I just, I feel compelled to help him. | 我只是 我觉得我必须要帮助他 |
[18:53] | You must understand that. | 你必须理解我 |
[18:56] | Helpg the poor? Yes. | 帮助穷人? 当然 |
[18:59] | Helping him get me? No. | 帮助他对付我? 绝不 |
[19:19] | You’re in a lot of trouble, my friend. | 你有大麻烦了 朋友 |
[19:24] | I spoke to your employer. He | 我和你的雇主谈过了 |
[19:25] | informed me you speak English. | 他告诉我你会说英语 |
[19:27] | So I’ll regard these protests in a foreign language | 因此 你这些外国语的表述 |
[19:29] | as your first attempt to deceive the federal government. | 我将视之为你在尝试欺骗联邦政府 |
[19:33] | I have rights. | 我有权利 |
[19:35] | 6th amendment. Counsel. | 宪法第六修正案 我要律师 |
[19:36] | A 4-year-old child is missing. Your brother has him. | 一个4岁的孩子失踪了 你的兄弟带走了他 |
[19:39] | I’d say that adds up to a bad | 我会说这对于你的宪法权利来说 |
[19:40] | day for your constitutional rights. | 可不是什么好日子 |
[19:42] | I don’t know anything about… | 我不知道任何… |
[19:43] | Bad answer. | 回答错误 |
[19:44] | You are gonna help me get this child back | 你要不帮我找回那个孩子 |
[19:46] | or arms are gonna get broken, ligaments severed, | 要不手臂会断掉 韧带会撕裂 |
[19:48] | electrical devices might | 睾丸甚至会 |
[19:49] | even get attached to testicles. | 遭到电击 |
[19:51] | And I don’t mean mine! | 我可不是说我的! |
[19:52] | You know how I’m gonna get away with all this, Dominic? | 你知道没有人会让我对此负责的 Dominic |
[19:54] | Because a 4-year-old child is missing! | 因为一个4岁的孩子失踪了! |
[19:55] | I don’t know where my brother is. | 我不知道我的兄弟在哪 |
[19:57] | Think harder. | 再想想 |
[19:57] | I swear I don’t know where he is. | 我发誓我不知道他在哪里 |
[19:59] | Who does? | 谁知道? |
[19:59] | I don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[20:02] | Now that response didn’t | 你这个回答 |
[20:03] | seem very considered, Dominic. | 看起来没经过思考Dominic |
[20:07] | That’s disappointing. | 真令我失望 |
[20:09] | Get out, Denise. | 出去Denise |
[20:11] | – Brad, I, uh… – Get out, please. Now. | – Brad 我 呃… – 请出去 现在 |
[20:26] | Your time’s up, Mr. Martini. | 时间到了 Martini先生 |
[20:30] | – He sees a priest! – Excuse me? | – 他去见了一个牧师! – 什么? |
[20:32] | I know he goes to this priest. | 我知道他去见了一个牧师 |
[20:35] | Maybe he knows something. | 也许他知道什么 |
[20:37] | What’s the name of this priest? | 这个牧师叫什么名字? |
[20:41] | Father Michael Ryan. | Michael Ryan神父 |
[20:44] | St. Joseph’s, north end. | 圣-约瑟夫大学北端 |
[20:49] | He can’t break the confessional seal. He’s a priest. | 他不能违反忏悔保密协定 他是一个牧师 |
[20:52] | What about searching his office? | 那我们搜查他的办公室? |
[20:53] | Sometimes they keep records of confessions. | 有时候他们会保留忏悔的记录 |
[20:55] | No judge anywhere will give us that warrant. | 没有一个法官会给我们搜查令的 |
[21:02] | What? | 什么? |
[21:04] | What are you trying to not say now? | 你不说话是什么意思? |
[21:06] | Well, if you guys are willing to keep going, | 好吧 如果你们真的想继续 |
[21:09] | back in our more aggressive days, | 在过去的好日子里 |
[21:11] | we were known to use a phony warrant now and then. | 我们时不时会使用假搜查令 |
[21:13] | We, of course, don’t now. | 当然 我们现在不那么做了 |
[21:16] | How the two of you manage to get one, | 你们俩是怎么弄到一张的 |
[21:20] | I’ll never know. | 我不会知道 |
[21:24] | I don’t know. | 我没有主意 |
[21:27] | We’ve gone this far. | 我们已经走到这一步了 |
[21:29] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:32] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:38] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[21:50] | Whatever. | 什么都好 |
[21:52] | It’s made the news. | 这可是大新闻 |
[21:53] | It’s out there that a senior | 我们Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所 |
[21:55] | partner of Crane, Poole & Schmidt | 的高级合伙人 |
[21:57] | assaulted a homeless man. | 袭击了一个无家可归的人 |
[22:01] | – You have nothing to say? – You heard what I said. | – 你没有话要说? – 我刚才说过了 |
[22:04] | Whatever. | 什么都好 |
[22:05] | That’s it? | 就这样? |
[22:07] | That’s your response? | 这就是你的回应? |
[22:09] | You want a response? Watch it, like everybody else. | 你要我的回应? 看吧 像其他人一样 |
[22:13] | What do you mean, watch it like everyone else? | 你说的”看吧 像其他人一样”是什么意思? |
[22:15] | I’m going back on “Larry King” tonight. | 今晚我要再次上”Larry King” |
[22:19] | What? You saw me the last time. I popped. | – 什么? – 上次你看过了 我很热门 |
[22:23] | First of all, | 首先 |
[22:24] | the last time, you at least | 上次 你起码是 |
[22:26] | victimized a despicable person. | 针对一个卑鄙的小人 |
[22:28] | – Paul This time… Paul, the | – 而这次… |
[22:30] | people want to hear from me. | 人们想要听我说话 |
[22:31] | Denny, this could be a disa… | Denny 这可能是一场灾… |
[22:35] | TiVo me. | 帮我录下来 |
[22:46] | – We bark, Brad. No biting. – Got it. | – 我们虚张声势Brad 别硬来 – 知道了 |
[22:48] | Let’s keep this under control. | 让一切处于控制之下 |
[22:52] | – May I help you? – Good morning, sister. | – 我能帮你吗? – 早上好 修女 |
[22:54] | I’m special agent Robb of the | 我是FBI密探Robb |
[22:57] | FBI. This is special agent Beadle. | 这位是FBI密探Beadle |
[22:59] | How are you today? | 你今天好吗? |
[23:00] | The FBI. Has already been here. | FBI已经来过了 |
[23:02] | Well, we’re back. Where’s Father Ryan? | 我们又回来了 Ryan神父在哪? |
[23:05] | I’m Father Ryan, | 我就是 |
[23:06] | and I’ve said about all | 对于此案 |
[23:08] | I’m gonna say on this matter. | 我能说的已经说过了 |
[23:10] | Please, Father, a little boy’s life is at stake. | 神父 一个小孩的生命危在旦夕 |
[23:12] | As I explained to your other agents, | 就像我和你们其他同事说的那样 |
[23:15] | if I had communications, | 如果我和他有过联系 |
[23:17] | they would have occurred inside the confessional, | 也是发生在忏悔当中 |
[23:20] | and I would unfortunely be prohibited by canon law | 而很不幸 我受到教规的制约 |
[23:23] | from revealing the content of such communications. | 不能够透露这种谈话的内容 |
[23:26] | Without revealing any specific exchanges, Father, | 在不透露具体的内容情况下 神父 |
[23:29] | could you tell us if you’ve | 你能否告诉我们 |
[23:30] | been in receipt of any information | 你是否有关于这次绑架的 |
[23:32] | pertaining to this abduction? | 任何证据? |
[23:34] | I’m afraid I cannot. | 恐怕我不能 |
[23:37] | We have a warrant, Father, | 我们有搜查令 神父 |
[23:39] | authorizing us to search your office premises. | 授权我们可以搜查你的办公室 |
[23:41] | – Is this your office? – You can’t be serious. | – 这是你的办公室吗? – 你不是说真的吧 |
[23:44] | Is this your office, Father? | 这是你的办公室吗 神父? |
[23:45] | Any records would also be | 根据教规 任何记录 |
[23:47] | sealed, subject to canon law. | 同样也是保密的 |
[23:49] | That you’d have to argue | 关于这点你可以 |
[23:50] | before a district court judge. | 在地区法官面前申辩 |
[23:51] | I can tell you that we are not subject to canon law, | 我可以告诉你 我们不受教规制约 |
[23:53] | and we are authorized to conduct a search. | 而且我们有权力进行搜查 |
[23:55] | You will make no such search. | 你们不能够进行搜查 |
[23:57] | – We have a warrant, Father. – I don’t care. | – 我们有搜查令 神父 – 我不管 |
[23:59] | I have documents pertaining to | 我的文件关系到 |
[24:01] | privileged relationships with parishioners. | 教区居民的隐私权 |
[24:04] | You’re not going in there. | 你们不能进去 |
[24:05] | Please step aside, father. | 请让开 神父 |
[24:06] | We have a warrant authorizing us to search, | 我们有搜查令授权我们进行搜查 |
[24:08] | and please do not make us arrest | 请不要让我们以妨碍司法公正 |
[24:11] | you for obstruction of justice. | 的罪名逮捕你 |
[24:13] | We need to search your office, | 我们需要搜查你的办公室 |
[24:14] | Father, and we need to do it now, please. | 神父 我们现在就要这么做 |
[24:34] | One second. | 等等 |
[24:43] | What are you doing? | 你这是干吗? |
[24:48] | That door’s worth a fortune. | 这扇门很贵重 |
[24:49] | It was imported from Italy. | 是从意大利进口的 |
[24:51] | Threaten to break it down. | 你可以威胁把它打破 |
[24:56] | Please step aside, Father. | 请让开 神父 |
[24:59] | Are you out of your minds? | 你疯了吗? |
[25:01] | I will give you to the count of | 我数3下 |
[25:03] | three. If you do not unlock it… | 如果你不打开它… |
[25:04] | I’m calling the police. | 我要报警了 |
[25:05] | – Brad One. Brad. | – 一 |
[25:06] | You can’t come crashing in here. | 你不能闯进去 |
[25:07] | Two. | 二 |
[25:08] | – Brad! Brad! You wouldn’t dare. | – 你不敢这么做的 |
[25:09] | Three. Okay! | – 三 – 好了! |
[25:41] | The axe was already in motion. The | 那把斧头已经挥出去了 |
[25:43] | priest just stuck his hand in there. | 那个牧师突然把手伸了出来 |
[25:45] | How many fingers? | 多少只手指? |
[25:47] | Three. We recovered two. | 3只 我们找回了两只 |
[25:49] | The cat ran off with the third. | 还有只被猫叼走了 |
[25:52] | It was an accident. | 这是一场意外 |
[25:54] | I just wanted to make him think | 我只是想要让他认为 |
[25:55] | that I was about to destroy the door. | 我准备毁坏那扇门 |
[25:57] | – It was my idea. – He just stuck his hand out. | – 这是我的主意 – 他突然把手伸出来 |
[26:01] | We’re not being arrested, if | 我们不会被捕的 |
[26:02] | that’s what your concern is. | 如果你在担心这个 |
[26:04] | Well, that’s one of my concerns. | 这只是我担心的其中一样 |
[26:06] | That priest is going to be suing you and the firm | 那牧师准备起诉你们和事务所 |
[26:08] | for a number with a lot of zeroes in it. | 索取天文数字的赔偿 |
[26:10] | Surely that’s occurred to you. | 我很肯定你们会想到这点的 |
[26:12] | We might have caught a break there. | 我们也许能阻止他 |
[26:14] | In the priest’s office… | 在牧师的办公室里… |
[26:16] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[26:17] | Papal blessings. | 教宗降福纸 |
[26:18] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[26:20] | The diocese sells papal blessings, | 这个教区在兜售带有教皇签名的 |
[26:22] | complete with the pope’s | 教宗降福纸 |
[26:24] | signature to the tune of 30 bucks a pop. | 30美元一张 |
[26:26] | These are counterfeit. | 它们是赝品 |
[26:27] | The priest’s got a printing press | 我们在里面发现了印刷机 |
[26:29] | and a stack of these back there. | 和一大叠这种东西 |
[26:30] | He’s bootlegging papal blessings to | 他私自兜售教宗降福纸 |
[26:33] | the tune of about six figures a year. | 每年可以获得六位数的收益 |
[26:35] | We’ve got a rogue priest here. | 我们抓到了一个硕鼠牧师 |
[26:38] | Denise, Brad, a second? | Denise Brad 打搅一下 |
[26:44] | We found the third finger. | 我们找到了第三只手指 |
[26:45] | I’ve got it here on ice. | 我把它放进冰袋了 |
[26:47] | Evidently, if we get it over to the hospital, | 显然 如果我们把它送去医院 |
[26:49] | they can still reattach it. | 还是可以接上的 |
[26:52] | I know it’s a big favor to ask, but uh… | 也许有点唐突 但是 呃… |
[26:54] | would you deliver it? | 你们能帮我送过去吗? |
[26:56] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[26:57] | We’ve been kind of busy. | 我们有点忙 |
[27:00] | By the way… | 随便说句… |
[27:02] | it would be wrong for you to | 如果你们去到牧师那里 |
[27:04] | stop by the priest’s hospital room | 用这只手指试图 |
[27:06] | and use the finger to try to | 套取他的信息 |
[27:07] | extort information out of him. | 那可是错误的行为 |
[27:09] | The FBI could never do that, | FBI绝对不会允许这样做的 |
[27:10] | and I would never ask the two of you to do it, | 而我也从不会要求你们这样做 |
[27:13] | even though the priest likely | 就算这个牧师很可能 |
[27:15] | knows something that could help us. | 知道一些有用的消息 |
[27:18] | I can’t look at it. | 我不敢看它 |
[27:22] | Okay, it was just a thought that I never shared. | 好吧 我只是随便说说的 |
[27:26] | Give me the finger. | 把手指给我 |
[27:29] | It stays viable on ice for 18 hours max. | 它最多可以在冰里维持18个小时 |
[27:32] | Again, I wouldn’t want you | 再一次 我没有要求你们 |
[27:33] | to do anything inappropriate. | 做一些不合适的举动 |
[27:35] | Give me the finger. | 把手指给我 |
[27:44] | This is the general release. | 这是一份和解书 |
[27:47] | You’ll need to sign there and initial there. | 你需要在这里签名 在这里签上姓名的首字母 |
[27:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:54] | And initial here next to the confidentiality clause. | 然后在保密条款旁边签上姓名的首字母 |
[28:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:03] | And that should do it. | 很好 完成了 |
[28:05] | Here’s the best part, your check. | 接下来是最好的部分 你的支票 |
[28:07] | Oh, my god. | 噢 上帝 |
[28:09] | $75,000. | 7万5美元 |
[28:11] | Man, I ain’t never seen this much money at once. | 老兄 我从来没见过那么多钱 |
[28:14] | Mr. Kirk, I won’t be so | Kirk先生 我不会自大到 |
[28:15] | arrogant as to give you a life lecture, | 想为你的人生上一课 |
[28:17] | but however you came into your dire straits, | 但是考虑到你目前的困境 |
[28:20] | I hope you use this money productively. | 我希望你能够有效地利用这笔钱 |
[28:22] | Oh, don’t you worry about that. Don’t you worry. | 噢 你不用担心 不用担心 |
[28:25] | Whoa, hold on, hold on, hold on. | 喔 等等 等等 |
[28:27] | This check came from you. | 这张支票是你开的 |
[28:30] | It’s an accounting thing. | 这只是会计方面的事情而已 |
[28:31] | But it’s a personal check from you. Why? | 但是这是一张来自你的私人支票 为什么? |
[28:35] | It’s really of no concern. | 你实在不需要关心这个 |
[28:37] | I want to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[28:41] | You deserve that settlement. | 这是你应得的 |
[28:43] | I’m fortunate enough to be able to part with it. | 这点钱对我来说不算什么 |
[28:46] | The truth is, I can afford to | 事实是 比起钱来说 |
[28:48] | value other things more than money. | 有些东西对我更重要 |
[28:51] | One such item being my friendship with Denny Crane. | 其中之一就是我和Denny Crane的友情 |
[28:56] | Why’d you represent me if you knew… | 如果是这样 为什么你要代表我… |
[28:58] | I suppose I thought I could | 我想也许我当时认为我能够 |
[29:00] | prioritize principle over that friendship, | 将原则置于友情之上 |
[29:02] | but the reality is, I can’t. | 但是事实上 我不行 |
[29:04] | Which means you either accept this check from me, | 这就意味着 你要么接受我这张支票 |
[29:06] | or you get yourself another lawyer. | 要么你得另请律师了 |
[29:21] | Well… | 那么… |
[29:23] | Well, what? | 那么什么? |
[29:24] | You were trying to settle Denny’s case. Well? | 你在尝试解决Denny的案子对吧? |
[29:27] | It’s under control. | 都在控制之中 |
[29:29] | And Denny, how do we get him under control? Yours? | – 而Denny 我们怎么让他处于控制之中? – 你来? |
[29:31] | I’ll settle for anybody’s. | 我可以处理其他人的问题 |
[29:33] | Alan, the wagons are beginning to circle. | Alan 事态在持续发展中 |
[29:37] | He shoots a client in the knee. | 他朝一个委托人的膝盖开枪 |
[29:39] | He celebrates it on the “Larry | 然后在”Larry King”里 |
[29:41] | King” show before a live audience. | 当着观众的面大肆庆祝 |
[29:43] | He then shoots a homeless man with a paintball gun | 然后他用彩弹打一个无家可归的人 |
[29:47] | and plans to reprise his | 接着准备再次 |
[29:48] | role on “Larry King.” What? | – 上”Larry King”胡闹 – 什么? |
[29:50] | Yes. He’s been invited back. | 是的 他又被邀请了 |
[29:52] | And why wouldn’t he be? He got a seven share. | 为什么不呢? 他可是占有7%的股份 |
[29:54] | But the point is, this firm | 但是重点是 |
[29:57] | isn’t just Shirley and me. | 这间事务所并不只是Shirley和我说了算 |
[29:59] | The other partners are getting fed up. | 其他合伙人已经开始厌烦了 |
[30:02] | One more embarrassment, god | 再来一次这种局面的话 |
[30:05] | knows what he’ll say next. | 天知道他会说什么 |
[30:10] | I’ll take it. | 我来处理吧 |
[30:17] | Why are you shooting Jane Fonda? | 你干吗射Jane Fonda? (Jane Fonda 美国著名演员 反战激进分子) |
[30:19] | Because I can’t shoot you. You’re my friend. | 因为我不能射你 你是我的朋友 |
[30:21] | And friends don’t hurt each other. | 而朋友之间不会互相伤害的 |
[30:24] | Denny… | Denny… |
[30:27] | Jane and I used to… you know. | 我和Jane曾经… 你知道我说什么 |
[30:30] | You and Jane Fonda? | 你和Jane Fonda? |
[30:32] | Lest we forget “Barbarella”? | “太空英雌芭芭丽娜”记得吧? (“Barbarella” Jane Fonda主演的一部科幻电影) |
[30:34] | Then she turned on me, went red. | 然后她就和我一起了 变成红色 (美国政治分为红蓝两阵营 Denny属于红色阵营) |
[30:36] | (communist witch hunts They caught her in one of | 他们在一场共产主义婊子迫害中 是美国麦卡锡时代的政治迫害活动) |
[30:37] | those communist bitch hunts. | 把她抓起来了 (这里Denny把witch 换成bitch来讽刺Jane Fonda) |
[30:38] | I think you mean witch hunts. | 我想你指的是政治迫害 (witch hunt来源于巫术法案 详情请看本季第六集的注释) |
[30:41] | No. I’m right on this one. | 不 我说的没错 |
[30:44] | Take that, Hanoi Jane! | 死吧 Hanoi Jane! (至于为什么叫她Hanoi Jane 请查阅维基百科 太长了) |
[30:46] | Why are you going on “Larry King”? | 你为什么又上”Larry King”? |
[30:48] | Because the American public | 因为美国公众 |
[30:50] | wants to hear from me. No. | – 想要听我说话 – 不是 |
[30:51] | They want to be entertained by shock and drivel. | 他们只是想让你娱乐他们而已 |
[30:53] | That’s why that show is so happy to exploit you. | 这就是这个节目那么喜欢你的原因 |
[30:56] | There’s only so much embarrassment the | 而对于事务所的合伙人来说 |
[30:58] | partners at this firm will stand for, Denny. | 就只有难堪而已 Denny |
[31:00] | What are they gonna do, get rid | 那他们要怎么做 除掉我? |
[31:01] | of me? I’m the star of the show. | 我可是节目中的明星 |
[31:03] | Even so, don’t go on that program. | 即便如此 别上那个节目了 |
[31:05] | Since when do you care whether | 从什么时候开始你会关心 |
[31:06] | this firm is embarrassed or not? | 这间事务所是否难堪了? |
[31:07] | I don’t. I care about you. | 我不 我只是关心你 |
[31:11] | You’ve been a gigantic ass about all this. | 你所作的这一切已经让你成为一个狂妄自大的人 |
[31:14] | And if you’re determined to be | 如果你想要继续荒唐下去 |
[31:16] | absurd, at least have the common sense, | 起码不要在大庭广众之下 |
[31:17] | if not the decency, to keep it to yourself. | 那样就算不得体 起码还符合常理 |
[31:20] | Contrary to what you and | 事实上与你和世界上其他人 |
[31:21] | the rest of the world think, | 所想的恰好相反 |
[31:22] | I know exactly what I’m doing. | 我很清楚自己在干什么 |
[31:27] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[31:41] | I’m sorry, no visitors. Just… | 很抱歉 不能探访 只是… |
[31:43] | FBI | FBI. |
[31:45] | Out. | 出去吧 |
[31:52] | First of all, I’d like to say that, uh… | 首先 我想说 呃… |
[31:54] | I’m glad to see you’re doing okay. | 我很高兴你没什么大碍 |
[31:57] | And secondly, I deeply apologize… | 其次 我非常抱歉… |
[31:59] | Why don’t you save your apologies for the trial? | 把你的道歉留到庭上说吧 |
[32:05] | Father Ryan… | Ryan神父… |
[32:07] | we’ve discovered the counterfeit papal blessings | 我们发现了伪造的教宗祝福纸 |
[32:11] | and the printing press in your office. | 还有你办公室的印刷机 |
[32:13] | Your days as a priest are | 如果这个消息公布出去 |
[32:16] | over should this become public. | 你作为牧师的日子就到头了 |
[32:19] | Joe Martini previously | Joe Martini曾经 |
[32:21] | kidnapped and killed a 5-year-old child. | 绑架并杀害了一名5岁的孩子 |
[32:24] | We know that this man regularly | 我们知道这个人最近 |
[32:26] | comes to you to seek absolution. | 向你寻求主的豁免 |
[32:28] | He probably confessed his prior crime to you. | 他也许有向你提过他之前的罪行 |
[32:32] | Now he’s taken another child. | 现在他绑架了另一名孩子 |
[32:35] | Maybe you know. Maybe you don’t. | 也许你知道 也许你不知道 |
[32:37] | But this kid… | 但是这个孩子… |
[32:39] | this kid could still be alive. | 这个孩子可能还活着 |
[32:42] | I don’t care about the | 我不关心什么 |
[32:45] | confessional seal or canon law. | 保密协定或者教规 |
[32:49] | I want this boy. | 我要这个男孩 |
[32:52] | And if you care at all about this | 而如果你在乎这个孩子的一切 |
[32:54] | child or your future as a priest, | 又或者你作为牧师的前途 |
[32:57] | you will help us. | 你应该帮助我们 |
[33:02] | Screw you. | 去死 |
[33:07] | I know the clergy likes to speak hypothetically. | 我知道神职人员都喜欢说假设的话 |
[33:10] | So if there was a child out | 那么假设如果有一个孩子 |
[33:13] | there in a kidnapper’s hands | 落到一个绑架犯的手里 |
[33:15] | and something were to come into your | 而你手上刚好有一些 |
[33:18] | possession that didn’t rightly belong to you, | 不属于你的东西 |
[33:20] | but you could use it to help save the child… | 但是你可以用它来帮助拯救那个孩子… |
[33:28] | Would you use it? | 你会用吗? |
[33:37] | There’s a 3-room house in Revere beach. | 在Revere海滩有一栋3室的房子 |
[33:40] | Tiny. He keeps it under an alias, Miguel Rivera. | 很小的房子 房主Miguel Rivera是他的化名 |
[33:45] | That’s all I know, I swear. | 这就是我所知道的一切 我发誓 |
[33:47] | Now give me back my finger. | 把手指给回我 |
[33:59] | 3729. Yeah, got it. | 3729 好的 知道了 |
[34:01] | Jump squad’s on its way. | 营救小队已经上路了 |
[34:02] | – Ask them if I can suit up. – You cannot suit up. | – 问他们我能不能参加 – 你不能参加 |
[34:04] | I have paramilitary training, Denise. | 我受过准军事训练的Denise |
[34:06] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑? |
[34:07] | The liability alone. | 别大包大揽了 |
[34:09] | You’ve done enough as Mannix. | 你扮Mannix还扮不够吗 |
[34:10] | Yeah, I’m still here. Okay. | 是的 我在听 好的 |
[34:13] | We’d better get there before them. | 我们最好在他们之前赶到 |
[34:15] | They told us to wait. | 他叫我们等着 |
[34:23] | Don’t even think about it. | 想都别想 |
[34:49] | Gracie Jane | Gracie Jane. |
[34:49] | – Denny Crane – Gracie Jane – Denny Crane. – Gracie Jane. | |
[34:52] | Are you making fun of me? | 你在取笑我? |
[34:53] | No, sugar, I’m guest-hosting the show tonight. | 不 甜心 我是今晚的客串主持 |
[34:56] | Oh. Where’s Larry? | 噢 Larry去哪了? |
[34:57] | He’s out sick. | 他病了 |
[34:59] | But I came to talk to Larry. | 但是我是来和Larry谈的 |
[35:00] | Don’t worry. I’ll be gentle. | 别紧张 我会很友好的 |
[35:05] | Find me a glass. | 给我来杯水 |
[35:08] | So you’re a hijacker. | 所以你是强盗 |
[35:10] | No. I shot the man in the | 不 我只是用彩弹 |
[35:12] | forehead with a paintball gun. | 射他的额头 |
[35:13] | And the week before that, an indigent in the knees. | 在此之前一个星期 你射了一个穷人的膝盖 |
[35:16] | A child rapist scum. | 一个恋童强奸人渣 |
[35:17] | Is that your excuse, hijacker? | 这就是你的借口 强盗? |
[35:19] | Would you stop calling me that? Where’s Larry? | 你能不能不要这样叫我? Larry在哪? |
[35:21] | I call you that because it is | 我这样叫你是因为 |
[35:23] | high-priced attorneys like you | 像你这样的高价律师 |
[35:25] | who are hijacking our legal system. | 正在侵犯我们的法律体系 |
[35:28] | You can read it in my book “Hijacked.” | 你们可以在我的书”被劫持”里读到 |
[35:30] | Can we talk about the issues? | 我们能就事论事吗? |
[35:33] | Sure, hijacker. | 当然 强盗 |
[35:34] | It’s people like you who are ruining our country. | 像你这样的人正在毁灭我们的国家 |
[35:36] | I’m not ruining the country! | 我才没有毁灭国家! |
[35:38] | Poor people are ruining the country. | 是那些穷人 |
[35:39] | You sit there in your | 你坐在这里 |
[35:42] | $2,000 suit blaming poor people? | 穿着2千美元的西装批评穷人? |
[35:44] | Our father, who art in heaven… | 仁慈的天父… |
[35:46] | Answer the question. | 回答这个问题 |
[35:47] | The poor people have plunged this country into debt, | 穷人们使这个国家陷入债务之中 |
[35:49] | so much so that there are liberals in Washington | 就像华盛顿的那帮自由党人一样 |
[35:52] | who want to take away my tax cuts, your tax cuts. | 他们要从我这 从你那夺走了减税政策 |
[35:55] | We’ve worked hard for those tax cuts. | 我们那么辛苦争取回来的减税政策 |
[35:57] | And we’re supposed to give them up for what? | 而我们要为他们做什么? |
[35:59] | For, uh, medicaid? | 医疗补助? |
[36:00] | Education? Teach them how to read? | 教育? 教他们识字? |
[36:02] | Hell, if they could read, they wouldn’t be poor. | 如果他们会认字 他们就不会是穷人了 |
[36:04] | If Larry were here, he’d get | 如果Larry在这儿 他就知道 |
[36:05] | this. But you take Katrina. | 但是你只会谈卡特里娜 (卡特里娜飓风 05年袭击美国多个州) |
[36:06] | The poor people have cost this | 那些穷人已经 |
[36:08] | country billions and billions! | 让这个国家付出了百亿的钱! |
[36:08] | – In what way? – Well, the rich got out. | – 用什么方式? – 把有钱人赶跑 |
[36:11] | The damn poor just hung around. | 那些该死的穷人就可以到处乱窜 |
[36:13] | For what? To watch. Now we have to pay for it. | 为了什么? 看好戏 而我们就要付出代价了 |
[36:17] | Maybe they couldn’t get out. | 也许他们没有能力 |
[36:19] | Maybe they thought that the | 也许他们认为 |
[36:21] | federal government might rescue them, | 联邦政府会救助他们 |
[36:23] | or failing that, give a damn. | 或者毫无所谓 |
[36:25] | How stupid is that? | 那有多愚蠢啊? |
[36:26] | Now what I committed here was | 而我在这里所做的是 |
[36:29] | an act of civil disobedience. | 一种公民的反抗行为 |
[36:31] | I shot the guy in the head as a wake-up call. | 我朝那人的头开枪是为了给他一个警醒 |
[36:34] | We have got to motivate the | 我们必须促使 |
[36:36] | lazy slobs in this country | 这个国家的懒汉 |
[36:39] | to get off their fat, lazy asses and go to work! | 抬起他们又肥又懒的屁股去工作! |
[36:43] | Let’s get America back on track. | 让美国回到正常的轨道上去 |
[36:46] | FBI! | FBI! |
[38:24] | Who’s Gracie Jane? | 谁是Gracie Jane? |
[38:25] | – I don’t want to talk about it | 我不想说这个 |
[38:27] | Everybody thought I was being facetious. | 每个人都认为我被愚弄了 |
[38:30] | They thought it was inspired satire. | 他们认为那是灵感一动的讽刺 |
[38:32] | Just can’t win. | 你能怎么样 |
[38:36] | – They got the child back. – So I heard. | – 他们救回了孩子 – 我听说了 |
[38:40] | Good day. | 美好的一天 |
[38:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:44] | As for our case, I made it go away. | 至于我们的案子 我解决了 |
[38:47] | You’re completely off the hook. | 你完全脱身了 |
[38:53] | That was your plan the whole time. | 这是你事先计划好的对吧 |
[38:55] | Get in good with him, talk him out of it. | 向他示好 然后把他解决 |
[38:57] | The old Trojan horse. | 特洛伊木马 (源于希腊神话《木马屠城记》) |
[39:00] | – What did you tell him? – None of your business. | – 你和他说了什么? – 和你无关 |
[39:02] | I wish you had let me in on the game. | 我真希望你让我加入你这个游戏 |
[39:05] | I can act, you know. I won an Emmy. | 我很会演戏 你知道 我赢过艾美奖 (William Shatner凭借 Denny这个角色得过艾美奖) |
[39:09] | Just the same. | 什么都好 |
[39:17] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[39:18] | A check for $75,000. | 7万5美元的支票 |
[39:21] | It’s for you, not for him. | 这是给你的 不是给他的 |
[39:24] | I pay my own way. | 我有自己的赔偿方式 |
[39:27] | – How did you know? – Here’s a little secret. | – 你怎么知道的? – 这是个小秘密 |
[39:30] | I know things. | 我无所不知 |
[39:33] | Don’t tell. | 只是不说出来 |
[39:35] | That secret seems unbelievably safe. | 这个秘密看来难以置信地可靠 |
[39:48] | Denny, when we were coming out of | Denny 当我们那一天 |
[39:50] | the subway station the other day | 从地铁站走出来 |
[39:52] | and Randall asked us for change, | Randall向我们讨要零钱时 |
[39:54] | did you hear him or even notice he was there | 在他用石头丢你的脑袋前 |
[39:57] | before he hit you in the head with a rock? | 你有没听见或者至少注意到他的存在? |
[40:01] | – Did you? – No. | – 你有吗? – 没有 |
[40:05] | You like poor people, don’t you? | 你喜欢穷人 是不? |
[40:09] | That comment you made about… | 你说的那些话… |
[40:13] | We don’t even save them when they’re dying. | 我们在他们濒死的时候甚至不救他们 |
[40:15] | You don’t think we let people die in New Orleans | 你不会真的认为我们因为他们是穷人 |
[40:19] | because they were poor, do you? | 就任由他们死在新奥尔良吧? (05年新奥尔良遭受飓风卡特里娜袭击 损失惨重) |
[40:23] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[40:25] | You do think that. | 你确实是那么想的 |
[40:27] | He threw a rock, Denny. | 他丢了一个石头Denny |
[40:30] | He’d had enough of being ignored and neglected. | 他已经受够了被无视和被忽略 |
[40:33] | He rose up and threw a rock at some rich guy. | 他起来反抗并且向有钱人丢了一块石头 |
[40:36] | 37 million, Denny. | 他们有3700万 Denny |
[40:40] | You ever wonder what would | 你是否有想过如果他们 |
[40:42] | happen if they all decided to rise up? | 都决定要起来反抗 会发生什么事? |
[40:44] | Are we still talking about hurricanes? | 我们是在谈论飓风吗? |
[40:46] | That hurricane was as much a | 这场飓风不仅是一场自然灾难 |
[40:48] | social disaster as a natural one. | 同时也是一场社会灾难 |
[40:51] | And the next hurricane to hit could | 而下一场飓风很可能就会 |
[40:53] | very well be in the form of anarchy. | 以无政府状态的形式出现 |
[40:58] | One week, it’s clowns. Next week, it’s anarchy. | 前一个星期是小丑 后一个星期是无政府 |
[41:02] | What do we do for fun? | 有没好玩一点的东西? |
[41:04] | This. Sleeping my place tonight? | 这个 今晚在我那睡? |
[41:07] | I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没决定呢 |
[41:08] | Let’s see how the night goes. | 让我们看看今晚过得怎样 |