时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Boston legal | |
[00:03] | Always fantasize about my murder trial. | 我总是在想象关于我的谋杀的审问 |
[00:06] | I think next time I’ll leave little clues. | 我考虑下次留下一点线索 |
[00:08] | What do you mean, “next time”? | 你说下一次是什么意思 |
[00:09] | Hey, listen, I think | 嘿 听我说 |
[00:10] | you’ll remember reverend Diddum. | 我想你还记得Diddum牧师吧 |
[00:12] | It turns out the reverend is also a lawyer. | 结果这位牧师也是律师 |
[00:15] | I’ve decided to let him handle my divorce. | 我决定让他来处理我的离婚手续 |
[00:17] | Instead of targeting the | 我们紧盯着那前夫 |
[00:18] | ex-husband, we go after the reverend. | 不如从牧师身上下手 |
[00:20] | The reverend? | 牧师 |
[00:20] | Three sexual harassment complaints. | 三起性骚扰投诉 |
[00:22] | The man has a certain weakness. | 这个人有个明显的缺点 |
[00:23] | What exactly did he say about killing? | 他对杀人到底是怎么看的 |
[00:25] | It makes him feel godly. | 那让他感觉虔诚 |
[00:27] | It was very empowering taking a life. | 夺走一条生命是很有成就感的 |
[00:29] | That’s not something we can arrest him for. | 我们不能因为这样就逮捕他 |
[00:50] | We need to talk, Alan. | 我们得谈一谈 Alan |
[00:51] | No, we don’t. You’ve | 没那个必要 |
[00:52] | refallen for a former boyfriend. | 你和你一个前男友复合了 |
[00:54] | You’ve decided to go back to him. So be it. | 你决定回到他身边 是这样吧 |
[01:01] | I would like to talk about it. | 我想谈一谈这件事 |
[01:04] | Why? | 有什么好谈的 |
[01:05] | To put a tidy little bow on it | 是想用一个好看的小蝴蝶结 |
[01:07] | in celebration of the friendship? | 来庆祝我们的友谊吗 |
[01:08] | We’re breaking up, Tara. | 我们分手了 Tara |
[01:10] | Let’s not turn it into a hallmark moment. | 不要把它变成什么重要时刻 |
[01:13] | At the root of our relationship was a friendship. | 我们关系的本质就是友谊 |
[01:15] | That was perhaps your root. | 那只是你的想法 |
[01:17] | For me, it’s the little things, | 对于我来说 不只是这样 |
[01:20] | sharing a glass of wine as we do the crossword, | 当我玩字谜游戏的时候 我们分享一杯美酒 |
[01:23] | early morning coffee, listening to books on tape | 清晨的咖啡 听着磁带上的书 |
[01:27] | while I teethe on your left breast. | 咬着你左边胸部 |
[01:32] | Tara | Tara? |
[01:36] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:39] | I have little doubt you’re | 我有一点怀疑 |
[01:41] | doing what’s best for you. | 你现在做的是不是最好的选择 |
[01:46] | I decided not to go back to him. | 我已经决定不回到他身边了 |
[01:49] | Then what is it we’re not talking about? | 那我们还争论什么啊 |
[01:52] | As much as it might not be him, | 就算跟我在一起的不是他 |
[01:56] | I suppose he made me | 我想他让我认识到 |
[01:58] | realize that it isn’t you either. | 那个人也不会是你 |
[02:00] | As much as I love you and… | 我非常的爱你… |
[02:03] | I do very much… | 真的非常爱你… |
[02:08] | I need to move on. | 我得开始我的新生活了 |
[02:15] | I suppose it’s better than moving in. | 我想这总比搬进来要好 |
[02:17] | I really believe if a woman is going to move on, | 我觉得一个女人如果想往前走的话 |
[02:20] | she should be required to move away. | 她就应该要离开了 |
[02:24] | A woman once left me | 曾经有个女人离开我 |
[02:26] | because the way I grunted during sex | 只是因为我做爱时的呻吟声 |
[02:29] | reminded her of her potbellied pig. | 让她想起了她的大肚肚猪 |
[02:32] | You grunt like a pig during sex? | 你做爱的时候象猪一样哼哼 |
[02:35] | And when I fell asleep after, | 等我睡着后 |
[02:37] | she said I snored like her | 她又说我的呼噜声象她的猪 |
[02:40] | pig, too. You just can’t win. | 总之你永远是输家 |
[02:41] | Relationships end for all sorts of reasons. | 一段感情结束的原因千奇百怪 |
[02:42] | The only thing you can do is go fishing. | 你唯一能做的就是去钓鱼 |
[02:48] | Cancel the rest of your week, Alan. | 取消你这星期的计划吧 Alan |
[02:51] | I’m taking you to Nimmo bay. | 我带你去Nimmo海湾 |
[02:53] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别开玩笑了 |
[02:56] | This is not a meaningful life. | 这样不是有意义的生活 |
[03:00] | Practicing law, drinking | 打官司 |
[03:01] | scotch at 9 o’clock in the morning. | 早上9点喝一杯苏格兰威士忌 |
[03:03] | Well, maybe the scotch is meaningful. | 好了 也许威士忌是有意义的 |
[03:06] | But practicing law, making money, | 但是打官司 赚钱 |
[03:08] | settling petty disputes, | 处理一些小争端 |
[03:11] | life is in British columbia in the great bear rainforest. | 真正的生活在大不列颠 哥伦比亚的大熊雨林里 |
[03:17] | God is out there, Alan. | 连上帝都在那儿 Alan |
[03:19] | God likes to fish? | 上帝也喜欢钓鱼 |
[03:22] | We need to go to the woods and touch ourselves, | 我们需要踏进那丛林寻找真我 |
[03:25] | get in touch with ourselves. | 接触真正的自我 |
[03:30] | Man can only truly bond in the woods. | 人类只有在丛林里才能真正的走到一起 |
[03:34] | Come on, Alan. | 来吧 Alan |
[03:36] | Let’s go fishing. | 我们钓鱼去 |
[04:35] | I’m not a good flyer, especially helicopters. | 我不是个好飞行员 尤其对于直升机来说 |
[04:37] | I don’t understand the aerodynamics. | 我也不懂空气动力学 |
[04:40] | And I’m feeling quite inclined to vomit. | 而且我还想吐 |
[04:43] | There’s fish down there, man. | 伙计 下面有条鱼 |
[04:46] | In that case… | 如果这样的话… |
[04:58] | Coming up to it. Look. There. | 到了 看 那儿 |
[05:01] | The Naiad explorer. | 水泉女神探险号 |
[05:04] | There it is. Nimmo bay! | 就是那了 Nimmo海湾 |
[05:14] | They’re surrendering. | 他们在向我们投降 |
[05:15] | Do they think we’re attacking? | 他们以为我们要攻击他们吗 |
[05:17] | That’s how they welcome the guests. | 这是他们欢迎客人的方式 |
[05:20] | Denny, this may not be the time but… | Denny 也许现在说这话不合适 但是… |
[05:23] | I hate nature. | 我恨大自然 |
[05:49] | Mrs. Piper? | Piper夫人 |
[05:51] | Detective Stephenson. | 我是Stephenson侦探 |
[05:53] | – Remember me? – No. | -还记得我吗 -不记得 |
[05:56] | Is there someplace we can talk? | 有没有方便我们说话的地方 |
[05:59] | After you came to see us, | 你来找过我们之后 |
[06:01] | we decided to put a tracking | 我们决定在Bernard Ferrion的车 |
[06:02] | device in Bernard Ferrion’s car. | 安放一个追踪装置 |
[06:03] | He hasn’t used it for a week. | 他有一个星期没用车了 |
[06:05] | We knocked on his door, talked | 我们去找过他 |
[06:06] | to neighbors. Nobody’s seen him. | 问过他的邻居 可没人见过他 |
[06:08] | We entered his house, looked around. | 我们进入他家搜查 |
[06:10] | Seems he’s vanished. | 发现他消失了 |
[06:11] | Really? Gee. | 真的吗 见鬼 |
[06:15] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见到他是什么时候 |
[06:17] | About a week ago, I guess. | 我想那大概是一个星期前 |
[06:19] | I had dinner at his house. | 我在他家吃晚饭 |
[06:21] | Let’s see, on Friday. | 我想想 是星期五 |
[06:23] | Yeah, that’s the last day anybody saw him. | 没错 那就是有人见过他的最后一天 |
[06:25] | What did you talk about? | 你们那天谈了些什么 |
[06:27] | Well, if you must know, | 嗯 如果你一定要知道 |
[06:28] | I decided to end our friendship. | 我决定跟他绝交 |
[06:31] | Maybe he went fishing. | 说不定他去钓鱼了 |
[06:32] | I hear men do that. | 我听说男人喜欢钓鱼 |
[06:33] | Did he know that you tried to turn him in? No! | -他知道你准备把他弄进监狱吗 -不知道 |
[06:38] | If you hear from him, | 如果你有他的消息 |
[06:40] | – Would you let us know? – Of course. | -通知我们好吗 -当然了 |
[06:52] | – I’making progress. – What progress? | -我有些进展了 -什么进展 |
[06:55] | Just get him compromised and | 只要让他妥协然后 |
[06:56] | proceed directly to blackmail. | 直接进行敲诈就行了 |
[06:57] | Do not pass go… First of | -不需要绕弯子… -首先 |
[06:59] | all, I am not about blackmail. | 我不准备敲诈 |
[07:02] | In so many words. | 说了很多遍了 |
[07:03] | And second, when I decide to screw somebody, | 第二 我决定耍一个人时 |
[07:05] | even figuratively, I still like foreplay. Nice. | -就是逢场作戏 我也要有”前戏” -很好 |
[07:08] | The man isn’t stupid, Garrett. | 这人不是个笨蛋 Garrett |
[07:10] | I need to move slowly. | 我得慢慢来 |
[07:13] | Please, dear father, give us | 尊贵的神父 请赐予我们 |
[07:15] | the serenity to find accord, | 这宁静去寻求相通 |
[07:17] | the compassion to find victory and fairness | 怜悯我们找到胜利与公平 |
[07:20] | and to remember that despite our differences, | 即使我们是彼此不同 |
[07:23] | we remain one man under God. Amen. | 我们都在同一个上帝保佑之下 阿门 |
[07:27] | Okay. We last left off on vacation allowances. | 好了 我们上次说到了假期津贴 |
[07:31] | I still have to deny that. | 我仍然要说拒绝 |
[07:33] | Well, he was accustomed during | 嗯 假设他还在婚姻中… |
[07:35] | the marriage… As a luxury. | 作为一种奢侈 |
[07:40] | I like that we start with the prayer. | 我喜欢我们以祈祷作为开始 |
[07:42] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你那样做 |
[07:49] | You’re a nice person. | 你是个很好相处的人 |
[07:56] | Can we table the vacation allowance for now | 现在我们能不能先把假期津贴搁置 |
[07:58] | and get back to health insurance? Sure. | -直接谈医疗保险呢 -没问题 |
[08:01] | Give me a sec to just run these numbers. | 给我点时间把数据准备好 |
[08:19] | 10 o’clock, 2 o’clock. | 10点钟方向 2点钟方向 |
[08:21] | 10 o’clock, 2 o’clock. | 10点钟方向 2点钟方向 |
[08:24] | Make up your mind. What time is it? | 提起精神啊 现在才几点 |
[08:26] | Forward cast stops at 10, backcast at 2. | 向前甩定在10点钟方向 向后就2点钟方向 |
[08:29] | You want to let the rod do the work. | 如果你想要钓竿起作用 |
[08:31] | When will it finally be my turn? | 到底什么时候轮到我 |
[08:34] | You guides aren’t very good at sharing. | 你们这些人不懂得分享 |
[08:48] | Okay. It’s not a fly swatter. | 好的 这可不是苍蝇拍 |
[08:52] | Where are all the fish? | 鱼都跑哪去了 |
[08:53] | Can’t hit the river until you learn to cast. | 在你学会怎么甩竿之前是不会游上来的 |
[08:56] | Look at you, roughing it in the great outdoors. | 看看你 在这美好的户外你还在那干坐着 |
[08:59] | – 10 and 2. – Stop with the time. | -10和2 -对准方向停下来 |
[09:13] | – Hello, Catherine. – Hello. | -你好 Catherine -你好 |
[09:16] | – May I help you? – Well, I, uh… | -有什么能帮你吗 -嗯 我 呃… |
[09:23] | – I may have a situation. – Okay. | -我可能遇到了一些麻烦 -接着说 |
[09:29] | I had befriended a man, | 有一个男人以前和我是朋友 |
[09:32] | Bernard Ferrion, a seemingly benign little person | 叫Bernard Ferrion 一个看起来忠厚老实的小人物 |
[09:35] | who had killed both his mother and neighbor | 他杀害了他母亲和邻居 |
[09:39] | this firm represented him. | 这个公司是他的法律代表 |
[09:41] | Alan got him off both times. | Alan帮助他两次逃脱了严惩 |
[09:44] | Are you aware of any of this? Some. | -你知道这事吗 -一点点 |
[09:47] | Well, at his core, I | 好了 我之前觉得 |
[09:50] | maintained Bernard was not evil, | Bernard本质上不是个恶棍 |
[09:52] | which is, I suppose, in part why I befriended him. | 我想是因为这样我才会跟他交朋友 |
[09:56] | But I suddenly became convinced | 但是我突然确信 |
[09:58] | he was evil and would kill again. | 他就是个恶棍而且还会继续杀人 |
[10:00] | I went to the police | 我去警察局 |
[10:02] | and revealed some things | 揭露了一些事情 |
[10:04] | that may have been privileged. | 是需要特别对待的事情 |
[10:05] | I’m sorry about that. | 我感到很抱歉 |
[10:07] | But my conscience… | 但是我的良心… |
[10:10] | Anyway, the police said little could be done, | 不管怎么样 警官说还不能采取什么行动 |
[10:13] | which stunned me, of course. | 这当然让我有点震惊 |
[10:15] | Well, I became horrified, I suppose, | 我想我开始感到恐惧了 |
[10:18] | at the prospect of Bernard taking more human life. | 想到Bernard还会杀更多的人 |
[10:25] | And? | 然后呢 |
[10:29] | I killed him. | 我把他杀了 |
[10:34] | What do you mean, you killed him? | 你是什么意思 你杀了他 |
[10:38] | I bludgeoned him with his own skillet. | 我用他的煎锅重重的砸了他 |
[10:41] | And now the police are asking questions, | 现在警察开始调查了 |
[10:44] | -Catherine… – And I don’t know what to do. – Catherine… | -我不知道该怎么办 |
[10:49] | – You killed a man? – Yes, dear. | -你杀了人 -是的 亲爱的 |
[10:57] | If only your prolonged staring could bring him back. | 要是你的凝望就能救回他该多好 |
[11:03] | She doesn’t want us to go to the police. | 她不想我们去找警察 |
[11:05] | She’s not looking to turn herself in, | 她不准备自首 |
[11:07] | so much as, I guess, she wants to | 根据这些 我认为 |
[11:08] | be prepared should she be arrested. | 她已经做好准备被逮捕 |
[11:10] | She killed one of our clients? | 她杀了我们的客户 |
[11:12] | First thing we have to make sure of is, | 首先我要确定 |
[11:14] | we don’t have some legal obligation to report it. | 我们没有法律上的义务上报这件事 |
[11:16] | No, we don’t. A confession to you is privileged. | 不 没有 她对你的坦白不受法律节制 |
[11:18] | What about our duty to Bernard Ferrion? | 那你对Bernard Ferrion的责任怎么处理 |
[11:20] | He was a client. | 他是客户 |
[11:21] | I’m not sure our duty there would survive his death. | 我不确定他死后我们是否是他的代理人 |
[11:23] | Hit him on the head with a skillet? | 用煎锅砸他 |
[11:25] | At a minimum, it would be a public relations nightmare | 至少 这会成为一个公关上的噩梦 |
[11:27] | if it got out that we knew and said nothing. | 如果被发现我们知道这事却保持沉默 |
[11:28] | I think we need to convince her to confess to the police. | 我想我们要说服她去警察局自首 |
[11:31] | I don’t think she has any intention of doing that. | 我想她根本不会去自首 |
[11:33] | – Where’s the body? – Evidently, in his basement. | -尸体在哪 -显然在他的地下室 |
[11:35] | – She just killed him? – Yes, Paul, she killed him. | -她就这样杀了他 -是的 Paul 她杀了他 |
[11:37] | He’s dead. Can we move on? | 他已经死了 我们接受这个现实吧 |
[11:39] | Tara, is this woman insane. | Tara 你认为这个女人疯了吗 |
[11:40] | – Clearly, she must be. – She has to be fired. | -她肯定疯了 -我们得炒了她 |
[11:43] | No, that would be an indirect violation of privilege. | 不行 那样会造成特权的间接损害 |
[11:44] | If that action could indirectly… | 如果那样间接的… |
[11:46] | She kills clients! | 她杀了客户 |
[11:49] | I think we need to convince her to go to the police. | 我想我们得说服他向警方坦白 |
[11:51] | And if she refuses? | 要是她拒绝呢 |
[11:52] | We lie to her, tell her the | 我们骗她 告诉她 |
[11:53] | police are about to find out. | 警察就要查出真相了 |
[11:55] | We can’t lie to her, Paul. She’s a de facto client. | 我们不能骗她 Paul 她事实上也是我们的客户 |
[11:57] | Doing nothing here could devastate | 我们在这做的任何事都不能损害 |
[11:59] | the moral integrity of this firm. | 公司的良好道德 |
[12:01] | Where is Alan Shore? He has a relationship with her. | Alan Shore哪去了 他跟她有一腿 |
[12:04] | – He’s in Canada. – Tara dumped him. | -他在加拿大 -Tara把他甩了 |
[12:05] | – Is he reachable? – Apparently not. | -能不能联系得到他 -显然不行 |
[12:07] | Well, Shirley, you need to | 好了Shirley 你得去 |
[12:09] | persuade the woman to confess. | 说服这女人去自首 |
[12:10] | Even if it’s to her legal detriment? Yes. | -就算损害她的法律权益 -是的 |
[12:13] | Sometimes the firm has to come first. | 有些时候是公司至上 |
[12:31] | You can see them in there. | 你可以看到它们在那儿 |
[12:33] | Look at the crystal-clear water. | 看看这水晶般清澈的水 |
[12:36] | My fly went right by his nose. | 我的鱼饵就在他的鼻子前 |
[12:38] | Eat it, you picky bastard. | 吃了它 你这挑三拣四的混蛋 |
[12:41] | Should I be concerned that the guide brought a gun? | 我们是不是要担心下那导游带着枪 |
[12:44] | Well, you never know when a grizzly will wander out. | 好了 你不会知道灰熊什么时候会冒出来 |
[12:48] | Relax. | 别紧张 |
[12:50] | Just catch a fish, would you please? | 钓你的鱼好吗 |
[12:51] | Unlike you, I didn’t eat back at the lodge. | 我可不象你一样要回到小屋吃 |
[12:54] | Who cooks it, by the way? | 顺便问下谁来煮鱼 |
[12:56] | It’s catch and release. | 这是钓鱼 放生 |
[12:58] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[12:59] | We let them go. | 我们放它们走 |
[13:01] | What do you mean, “we let them go?” | 你说放它们走是什么意思 |
[13:02] | We just traveled 3,500 | 我们刚刚飞了3500英里 |
[13:04] | miles. We don’t get to eat them? | 我们却不吃这些鱼 |
[13:07] | I brought you out here to expose you to, to… | 我带你来这儿来面对… |
[13:10] | Big fish, which I’m now told we can’t eat. | 大肥鱼 现在你却告诉我不能吃 |
[13:13] | Once you see one and hold one in your hand, | 当你看见一条鱼并在你手中 |
[13:17] | not that you will, because | 并不会是你想要的 因为 |
[13:19] | they’re almost impossible to catch, | 它们几乎是不可能被捉住的 |
[13:20] | but I might if the gods favor me. | 我也许可以捉条要是老天照顾我的话 |
[13:21] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait just a second. | 喔 喔 喔 喔 等一下 |
[13:23] | Did you say I might not even get one? | 你是说我连一条都捉不到 |
[13:26] | It’s called fishing, man, not catching. | 这叫做钓鱼 伙计 不是捉鱼 |
[13:28] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[13:29] | You haul me halfway across | 你拖着我绕了半个地球 |
[13:31] | the world to help me get over | 帮我忘记 |
[13:32] | my painful breakup with… | 因为和…分手的伤痛 |
[13:35] | -Tara Tara. And now you’re | -而现在 |
[13:36] | telling me the fish are uncatchable? | 你告诉我这里的鱼是捉不到的 |
[13:39] | By beginners. | 对新手来说是这样 |
[13:41] | I’ll get one if you just shut up and let me fish. | 我能钓到一条只要你闭嘴让我好好钓 |
[13:55] | – Fish on! – Hey, we got one! | -鱼上钩啦 -嘿 我钓到了一条 |
[13:57] | – Look at that! – What do I do? | -看看 -我该怎么办 |
[13:59] | – Keep it on your line! – All right, tip up! | -别让它跑了 -好了 拉起来 |
[14:02] | Don’t lose your balance, man. Stand up! | 别失去平衡了 站稳了 |
[14:04] | Let it run. He’s on your line! Don’t horse it in! | 让它游 它在你钩上 不要猛拉 |
[14:07] | Keep your line taut! Fight him, man, fight him! | 保持你渔线的紧绷状态 搞定它 伙计 搞定它 |
[14:14] | The odds are, Catherine, | 现在的情况是 Catherine |
[14:15] | the police will find out. | 警察会查出真相 |
[14:17] | It is our united feeling that the | 我们都认为对你而言 |
[14:19] | best way to achieve the most leniency, | 获得最大宽厚处理的最好办法 |
[14:21] | is for you to go to the police of your own accord | 就是自愿去警察局 |
[14:24] | and tell them what happened. | 然后告诉他们发生了什么 |
[14:27] | You’re lying, dear. | 你在撒谎 亲爱的 |
[14:28] | Why would I lie? | 我为什么要撒谎 |
[14:30] | Because the worst thing that can happen to this firm, is for it to become public that one | 因为能发生在公司身上 影响公众形象最糟糕的事情 |
[14:33] | of your employees murdered a client | 就是你们的一个员工杀了一个客户 |
[14:39] | and you sat on the information. | 你们却故意不提这个 |
[14:42] | I may not be a lawyer but, | 虽然我不是律师 |
[14:43] | it seems to me that if I confess, | 但我知道如果我坦白 |
[14:47] | it might make things easier for them. | 他们可就好办多了 |
[14:53] | Catherine, on the one hand, | Catherine 一方面 |
[14:56] | you tried to introduce Bernard Ferrion to your faith | 你试着让Bernard Ferrion信仰你所信仰的 |
[14:59] | in the hopes of saving his soul. | 希望能够拯救他的灵魂 |
[15:02] | But denying this man a funeral, | 却不让这个男人有他的葬礼 |
[15:04] | his opportunity to rest in peace with god, | 剥夺他在上帝佐佑下安息的机会 |
[15:09] | that isn’t in keeping with his salvation. | 这样并不符合拯救他的意愿 |
[15:14] | Did you commit this act | 你这样做 |
[15:16] | because he was evil or because you are? | 是因为他是恶棍还是根本你也是 |
[15:22] | Because he was. | 因为他是 |
[15:24] | Then I would advise you, | 那么我还是建议你 |
[15:26] | do not let his final legacy be | 不要让他最后的残渣 |
[15:28] | the destruction of your moral | 玷污你的道德 |
[15:30] | and spiritual character. | 和灵魂 |
[15:33] | This firm will defend you. | 公司会为你辩护 |
[15:34] | I give you my word. | 我向你保证 |
[15:35] | You will have this firm’s full resources. | 我们动用最大资源帮助你 |
[15:40] | I want Alan Shore. | 我要Alan Shore替我辩护 |
[15:45] | If I can get him back to the charity at | 如果我能让他大发慈悲 |
[15:47] | heart discount of six and a quarter… | 打个6.5折… |
[15:49] | I couldn’t sell it. | 我不能妥协 |
[15:50] | Oh, I have a hard time believing that, Sara. | 噢 我以前总是很难相信那个 Sara |
[15:52] | You seem so incredibly… | 你看起来特别的… |
[15:56] | compelling. | 让人信服 |
[15:57] | Surely you can move Denise a little… | 当然你会让Denise有些感动… |
[16:01] | perhaps in the way… | 也许同时… |
[16:04] | you move me. | 你也感动了我 |
[16:09] | I’m afraid I’m going to have… | 恐怕我得去… |
[16:12] | to have another attorney handle this matter. | 找另一个律师来处理这事 |
[16:14] | I beg your pardon? | 能再说一次吗 |
[16:15] | It’s just divorce law isn’t my specialty, | 只是我不擅长离婚诉讼 |
[16:17] | and I feel Denise’s | 并且我感到Denise的 |
[16:18] | interests aren’t best being served. | 利益被损害了 |
[16:19] | You’re doing wonderful work here. | 你做得够好了 |
[16:21] | We’re almost at a meeting of the minds. | 而且我们很多方面都达成一致了啊 |
[16:22] | It’s not the meeting of the minds that concerns me. | 我并不关心什么意见一致 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. | 对不起 我不该那么说 |
[16:30] | – What did you mean by it? – Nothing. | -你那样说是什么意思 -没什么 |
[16:32] | I apologize. I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | 我道歉 我想你必须得离开了 |
[16:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:44] | I’m attracted to you. | 我被你吸引了 |
[16:47] | I mean, I’m not. | 我是说 我不是 |
[16:49] | I just think I am. | 我只是想我是 |
[16:51] | Which is to say, | 就是说 |
[16:53] | I have a problem. | 我有毛病了 |
[17:00] | Problem? | 毛病 |
[17:03] | I shouldn’t be litigating with clergy. | 我不该和牧师一起做诉讼 |
[17:08] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[17:10] | This has to just be between us. | 这只能你知我知 |
[17:13] | You can’t tell your client. | 你不能告诉你的当事人 |
[17:14] | Should it ever get back to my client… | 不能传到我的当事人那… |
[17:15] | No, I give you my word. | 不会 我向你保证 |
[17:18] | I, um… | 我 嗯… |
[17:23] | I have a clergy fetish. | 我有牧师迷恋癖 |
[17:31] | Clergy fetish. | 牧师迷恋癖 |
[17:33] | I’ve been secretly prolonging these | 我一直尽量拖长我们的 |
[17:36] | negotiations just to be close to you. | 协商时间只是为了靠近你 |
[17:42] | Perhaps I can help. | 也许我能帮你 |
[17:46] | – You need to leave. – No. Sara… | -你得离开 -不 Sara… |
[17:48] | You need to go now, reverend. | 你现在得离开了 牧师 |
[17:51] | Just go. | 走吧 |
[18:04] | – How did we do? – He’s ready to fall. | -我们怎么做 -他就要上钩了 |
[18:06] | – When? – He’ll be back. | -什么时候 -他会回来的 |
[18:09] | And I’ll close it. | 而且我会搞定的 |
[18:24] | I can’t believe I’m here doing this. | 真不敢相信我在这干这个 |
[18:26] | Well, we have to at least see the | 好了 我们来现场 |
[18:28] | scene before calling the police. | 之前至少要给警方打个电话吧 |
[18:30] | Why do they always put the | 为什么他们总喜欢把 |
[18:31] | dead bodies in the basement? | 尸体放到地下室 |
[18:33] | So they can still entertain. | 那样他们就可以继续找乐子了 |
[18:39] | Well, there’s nothing down here. | 好了 这下面什么也没有 |
[18:41] | Looks like she lied to us. | 好象她把我们骗了 |
[18:43] | Look. | 看 |
[18:50] | Did she say he was in an icebox? Nope. | -她有没有说他在冰箱里面 -没 |
[18:55] | – Open it. – You open it. | -去打开它 -你去 |
[18:57] | – Why me? – You’re a man. Do the math. | -为什么是我 -你是男人 就要干脏活 |
[19:04] | Oh, no. I’m not opening it. | 噢 不 我不要打开它 |
[19:06] | I still can’t believe I’m even here. | 我仍然不相信我会来这儿 |
[19:08] | I make over a million dollars a year, | 我一年赚上百万 |
[19:10] | and I’m in a basement looking for a dead midget. | 现在我却在地下室找尸体 |
[19:39] | Good job! Another one? | 干得好 又来一条 |
[19:42] | What’s he got on? | 他钓到什么啦 |
[19:43] | He’s bigger than the last one. | 比上一条还大呀 |
[19:44] | – Look, Denny, look! – I see. I see. | -看 Denny 看 -看到了 看到了 |
[19:47] | Keep your tip up. Tip up. That’s it. | 提住了 提住了 就是这样 |
[19:50] | – Now let him run. – Oh, my god. | -让他游 -噢 我的天 |
[19:52] | I saw his mouth. He had a smile, Denny. | 我看见他嘴巴了 他在笑 Denny |
[19:55] | He likes being caught. You see how happy he looked? | 看来他很喜欢被钓啊 你看他多开心 |
[19:58] | Okay, gain some line on her. Reel it in. | 好了 收一点线 卷起来 |
[20:03] | Hold on. Let me check the drag there. | 等等 我去看下鱼钩 |
[20:06] | The guide is bonding. Okay. | 导游和我关系还真不错 好了 |
[20:09] | This is unbelievable, Denny. You have no idea. | 这真难以置信 Denny 你不会明白 |
[20:13] | You really should try catching one. Oh, my god. | 你真的应该去钓一条试试 噢 天哪 |
[20:37] | You promised me Alan Shore. | 你保证会是Alan Shore辩护的 |
[20:39] | You’ll get him as soon as he gets back from Canada. | 他从加拿大回来就会来替你辩护 |
[20:42] | Well, why can’t you just call him? | 好的 你怎么不打电话给他 |
[20:44] | Because he has his satellite phone turned off. | 因为他把他的卫星电话关了 |
[20:47] | You’ll get him, Catherine. | 他会来的 Catherine |
[20:49] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[20:50] | In the meantime, arraignment | 同时 传讯在 |
[20:52] | is set for 9 A.M. tomorrow. | 明天早上9点开始 |
[20:54] | Between now and then, do not talk to anybody. | 在那之前 不要跟任何人说话 |
[20:59] | And I realize, Catherine, that for you | 而且我认识到 Catherine 那对你而言 |
[21:01] | this represents the challenge of a lifetime. | 意味着能不能活命 |
[21:04] | We need to keep all our defense options open. | 我们会使用所有的辩护手段 |
[21:06] | And for that to happen, you cannot talk. | 那之后 你就不要说话了 |
[21:25] | Excuse me, is it unusual to | 打扰一下 一天钓到五条银鳟 |
[21:27] | catch five cohos in one day? | 是不是很少见 |
[21:29] | I mean, while your fishing partner catches none? | 我是说 当你的钓鱼同伴颗粒无收时 |
[21:32] | If you caught five, I’d say you had a bit of luck. | 如果你钓了五条 我想说你运气真的很好 |
[21:35] | Beginner’s luck. | 新手的运气 |
[21:36] | You’re not competitive over | 你在这类事情上 |
[21:38] | this sort of thing, are you, Denny? | 一点竞争力都没有 是吧 Denny |
[21:40] | Could you pass me the ashtray, please? | 麻烦把烟灰缸递给我吧 |
[21:46] | Ah. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:47] | I’d have reached for it myself but, | 本来我可以自己拿的 |
[21:50] | my shoulders are a bit sore from all that reeling. | 但是刚才收线弄的我的肩膀好疼 |
[21:53] | – How many did you catch? – I didn’t fish. | -你钓到几条 -我没钓 |
[21:56] | So that would put you about even with Denny. | 那你可以靠Denny更近一点了 |
[21:58] | I’m sorry. Are you Denny Crane? | 抱歉 你是Denny Crane吗 |
[22:01] | I am. And I’m not your father. | 是的 但是我不是你老爸 |
[22:04] | I’m Peter Barrett. I’m an attorney, actually, | 我是Peter Barrett 实际上我是个律师 |
[22:07] | and I’m a big admirer. | 我很仰慕你 |
[22:08] | Fine. I’m still not your father. | 很好 可是我仍然不是你爸爸 |
[22:10] | You’re a salmon fisher, Mr. Crane? | 你很会钓鲑鱼吗 Crane先生 |
[22:12] | I catch ’em in my sleep. | 我睡着都可以钓到他们 |
[22:14] | That must be the only place he catches them. | 他也只能在梦里钓到 |
[22:16] | I see why Tara dumped you. | 我知道Tara为什么要甩你了 |
[22:19] | I’m about to. | 我也要甩了你 |
[22:20] | There’s no Tara. Don’t be deceived. | 没有什么Tara 别被耍了 |
[22:22] | Denny and I are lovers. | Denny和我是一对 |
[22:23] | I’m a heterosexual, and I catch salmon like one. | 我可是异性恋 钓的鲑鱼也是 |
[22:28] | Well, you won’t be catching | 嗯 你不能再钓 |
[22:29] | them for long, I’m afraid. | 很长时间了 我担心 |
[22:30] | Wild pacific salmon are being wiped out. | 野生鲑鱼正在灭亡 |
[22:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[22:34] | Sea lice are killing them. | 海水鱼虱正威胁着它们的生命 |
[22:35] | The weight of evidence points toward the fish farms. | 重要的证据指向了那些渔场 |
[22:37] | Fish farms? The penned fish | -渔场 -圈养的鱼 |
[22:39] | in the fish farms host the lice, | 渔场正是海水鱼虱的源头 |
[22:41] | which attach themselves to the baby | 它们附着在小鲑鱼身上 |
[22:43] | wild salmon migrating past the pens, | 野生鲑鱼迁徙时经过圈养鱼 |
[22:45] | and it’s destroying them. | 然后就受到了毁灭性打击 |
[22:46] | I’m actually here because I’m going | 事实上我来这儿 是为了明天去 |
[22:48] | into court in port McNeill tomorrow | McNeill港口的法院 |
[22:50] | to try to enjoin another fish farm from going in. | 尽力阻止另一个渔场的设立 |
[22:53] | Boy, would I love to go in | 伙计 要是Denny Crane |
[22:55] | with the Denny Crane by my side. | 陪我一起去就好了 |
[22:57] | You one of those environmental lawyers? | 你也是一个环保律师 |
[22:59] | Is there something wrong with that? | 有什么问题吗 |
[23:01] | They’re evildoers. Yesterday | 他们都是恶人 |
[23:02] | it’s a tree. Today it’s a salmon. | 昨天保护树 今天又是鲑鱼 |
[23:04] | Tomorrow it’s “let’s not dig up Alaska for oil” | 明天又说让我们别挖Alaska的石油了吧 |
[23:07] | “because it’s too pretty.” | 因为它简直太漂亮了 |
[23:09] | Let me tell you something. | 让我来告诉你 |
[23:11] | We came out here to enjoy nature. | 我们来这是享受大自然的 |
[23:13] | Don’t talk to me about the environment. | 不要跟我扯什么环保 |
[23:16] | All reality. None of it scripted. | 全是真的 没有一点是编造的 |
[23:30] | Sara, I must tell you, I, | Sara 我必须得告诉你 |
[23:32] | too, have felt a connection. | 我也感觉到我们之间某种联系 |
[23:33] | Maybe what you’re feeling | 也许你有感觉不是 |
[23:35] | isn’t the product of a fetish | 因为迷恋癖 |
[23:36] | so much as two of God’s | 只是因为上帝的两个 |
[23:39] | children desirous of coming together. | 孩子渴望走到一起 |
[23:42] | – Take off your collar. – I’m sorry? | -脱下你的领结 -什么 |
[23:45] | I want to see you as a man | 我想把你当作一个男人看 |
[23:47] | for a second, not as a minister. | 一会儿 而不是牧师 |
[23:48] | Please take it off. | 请脱下它吧 |
[23:52] | Now give it to me. | 现在把它给我 |
[24:08] | Have you come to make love to me, reverend? Yes. | -你会来跟我做爱吗 牧师 -当然 |
[24:13] | We need to settle the case first, | 我们先得把这案子搞定了 |
[24:16] | at a number where I can’t possibly be | 有一个数字要处理 我不能因为任何 |
[24:19] | accused of any conflict of interest. | 利益纠纷被起诉 |
[24:23] | 390 | 390. |
[24:30] | I can sell it to him. | 我可以妥协 |
[24:33] | Can we make love here? | 我们能就在这做爱吗 |
[24:35] | I don’t want to go anywhere. | 我哪也不想去了 |
[24:36] | I just want to do it right here. | 我就想在这做 |
[24:39] | It’s what God wants. | 这是上帝要我们做的 |
[24:42] | Can I watch? Reverend, reverend, you little slut. | 我能看吗 牧师 牧师 你这个小色狼 |
[24:46] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[24:47] | What’s going on is you | 你为了做爱把 |
[24:48] | selling out your client for sex. | 你的客户出卖了 |
[24:50] | It’s what God wants. | 这是老天要我这么做的 |
[24:52] | I’m shocked. This is what’s going to happen. | 我很震惊 现在这样办 |
[24:55] | You’re going to tell your client | 你去告诉你的客户 |
[24:56] | that he’ll get a check for $100,000. | 他会得到一张10万美元的支票 |
[24:58] | He’ll take it because it’s more than he deserves, | 他得接受因为这比他应得的要多了很多 |
[25:00] | perhaps more than he’ll get if he goes to trial. | 或许比上庭审判得到的更多 |
[25:02] | I’ll report the both of you. | 我要控告你们俩 |
[25:04] | To who? Your church or mine? | 向谁 你的教堂还是我的 |
[25:07] | 100 grand. Think on it. Pray on it. | 10万美元 想想吧 祈祷吧 |
[25:11] | Off you go now. | 你可以出去了 |
[25:29] | Oh, my god. | 噢 天哪 |
[25:32] | This book, “A stain upon the sea”, | 这本书 “A stain upon the sea” |
[25:35] | it’s all about these sea lice. | 讲的全是关于海水鱼虱的东西 |
[25:38] | – Interesting. – They call them “cling-ons.” | -有意思 -他们把它们称做”黏附物” |
[25:42] | Did you say Klingons? | 你刚才说了克林贡人 |
[25:44] | They really could wipe out | 他们确实可以让鲑鱼灭绝 |
[25:46] | salmon if something isn’t done. | 如果不做些什么的话 |
[25:48] | They have to do something. | 他们必须做点什么 |
[25:53] | Don’t you care? | 你不在意吗 |
[25:56] | What’s the worst-case scenario? | 最糟糕的情况是什么 |
[25:59] | they’re extinct in 20 years or so? | 它们在20年内灭绝还是怎样 |
[26:01] | I’m 72. I’ll be extinct in 10. | 我72岁了 活不过10年了 |
[26:04] | What do I care? | 我在意什么 |
[26:05] | That would be humorous | 那样会比较幽默 |
[26:06] | if so many people didn’t think exactly that way. | 如果很多人不那样想的话 |
[26:11] | When does the male bonding | 什么时候男人的关系 |
[26:13] | part come in on this trip? | 可以成为旅行的一部分 |
[26:16] | I’m not into the Canadian weenie welding. | 我可不要像加拿大那样光说不干 |
[26:21] | What scares you most in life, Denny? | 这辈子什么让你最害怕 Denny |
[26:26] | I told you. | 我告诉过你了 |
[26:29] | I got the mad cow, | 我得过疯牛病 |
[26:31] | and my penis only works on medication. | 我的小弟弟只有靠吃药才能工作了 |
[26:33] | Yes, besides that. | 是呀 除了那个呢 |
[26:37] | Dying? | 死亡 |
[26:39] | I’ve died many times. | 我死了好多次了 |
[26:41] | Can we talk about something other than sex? | 我们能不能谈点性以外的话题 |
[26:46] | What about you? What scares you? | 你呢 什么会让你害怕 |
[26:50] | Being alone, I guess. | 孤独吧 我想 |
[26:53] | Don’t get me wrong. I love solitude. | 别误会我 我喜欢隐居 |
[26:56] | I like it best in relationships. | 特别是在恋爱时 |
[26:59] | But… | 但是… |
[27:02] | it’s gonna feel strange not having Tara in my bed. | 没有Tara睡在我身边我感觉好奇怪 |
[27:07] | I’ve always had this feeling and | 我一直会有这样的感觉 |
[27:08] | I’ve never shared it with anybody. | 而且我从没对别人说过 |
[27:10] | But I’m convinced in a past | 但是我很确信 |
[27:13] | life I was murdered in my sleep. | 我会在睡觉的时候被杀掉 |
[27:17] | You’re wacko. | 你是个疯子 |
[27:19] | I’m trying to be vulnerable here. | 我试着在这里能够脆弱一点 |
[27:21] | Could you toss me a bone, give me something? | 你能扔给我一个骨头吗 或别的什么 |
[27:23] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你想干什么 |
[27:25] | And I’m not sleeping with you. Forget about it. | 我是不会陪你睡的 想也别想 |
[27:28] | Turn off the light. | 关灯吧 |
[27:30] | You’re not getting my bone. | 你不会得到我的骨头 |
[27:42] | Don’t take this personally. | 我这可不是私人行为 |
[27:47] | Keeps away the bad dreams. | 可以驱走噩梦 |
[27:49] | Understood. | 了解 |
[27:52] | Denny | Denny? |
[27:55] | I’m really glad we did this. | 我真的很高兴我们一起来这玩 |
[28:00] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[28:49] | What are you doing in my bed? | 你在我床上做什么 |
[28:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:51] | What do you mean you don’t know? | 你不知道是什么意思 |
[28:52] | I got scared. | 我感到害怕 |
[28:55] | I thought I heard a bear outside, | 我想我听到有熊在外面 |
[28:57] | and then I couldn’t fall back asleep. | 然后我就睡不着了 |
[29:00] | Turns out I find pig sounds rather soothing. | 而猪的声音可以让我平静 |
[29:03] | Plus your snoring is so rhythmic. | 加上你的鼾声很有节奏 |
[29:06] | I just laid down to calm myself. | 我只是躺下让自己平静下来 |
[29:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:14] | We slept together. | 我们在一起睡了 |
[29:16] | I won’t tell. I promise. | 我不会说出去 我保证 |
[29:28] | $100,000? And we’re done? | 10万元 接受吗 |
[29:31] | Yes. | 接受 |
[29:35] | May I ask why? | 我能问为什么吗 |
[29:37] | Well, basically, reverend Diddum convinced me | 嗯 总的来说 Diddum牧师让我明白了 |
[29:39] | that coming out of this | 用尊严的代价 |
[29:41] | financially richer isn’t worth it | 换来经济上的富有 |
[29:42] | at the expense of my, um, well, dignity. | 是不值得的 |
[29:46] | But the truth is, Denise, I can provide for myself, | 但是事实是 Denise 我可以用自己的钱 |
[29:49] | and I will make that tour. | 而且我会完成那个旅行 |
[29:51] | Having to go a little hungry | 也许吃不饱肚子 |
[29:53] | is perhaps exactly what I need. | 可能那就是我想要的 |
[29:55] | If I inherit success, I can never earn it. | 如果我拿了你的钱 我就永远不可能靠自己得到它了 |
[30:00] | So this is, uh… | 那么就 呃… |
[30:03] | this is what I’m doing. | 所以我就这么做了 |
[30:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:11] | I admire that. | 我很欣赏 |
[30:14] | Reverend Diddum, | Diddum牧师 |
[30:15] | I admit, I doubted your integrity. I’m sorry. | 我承认 我怀疑过你的正直 我向你道歉 |
[30:18] | I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[30:22] | Well, upon execution of | 好了 根据这个协议实行程序 |
[30:24] | the papers, I’ll cut a check. | 我会开张支票给你 |
[30:28] | I guess we’re done. | 我想就这样了吧 |
[30:50] | What did you do? | 你做了些什么 |
[30:52] | We made a strong presentation | 我们进行了强势对话 |
[30:54] | regarding the economics of a trial | 考虑到他可能输掉官司 |
[30:56] | balanced by the risk factor of his losing. | 带来的经济损失 |
[30:58] | Then we made a compelling | 然后我们展示了一个 |
[31:00] | principle-based argument targeting character. | 基于道义上而令人信服的关于人格的争论 |
[31:02] | Ultimately, they were persuaded. | 最后他们被说服了 |
[31:05] | What did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[31:12] | Hey, Denny! | 嘿 Denny |
[31:14] | You might want to speed up your retrieve. | 你还不赶快挽回你的面子呀 |
[31:17] | Oh, shut up. | 噢 闭嘴 |
[31:20] | Bite it! It’s right in front of your mouth. | 咬吧 它就在你嘴巴前面 |
[31:23] | Eat it! You miserable bastard. | 吃啊 你这可怜的混蛋 |
[31:27] | This one came in quickly. | 这条来得可真快啊 |
[31:29] | Maybe word got out I don’t eat them. | 也许我不会吃它们 |
[31:31] | I must be up to 15 by now. | 现在我快要钓到15条了 |
[31:33] | Not that I’m counting. Denny certainly isn’t. | 我还得数数 Denny明显就没那个必要了 |
[31:37] | – Picture? – Why not? | -照张相吗 -为什么不呢 |
[31:43] | It couldn’t be closer to your mouth. | 我靠你嘴巴够近了 |
[31:46] | Oh, it’s a steelhead. You got a steelhead. | 噢 是条硬头鳟啊 你钓了条硬头鳟 |
[31:48] | One’s more beautiful than the next. | 真是美得空前绝后 |
[31:50] | Don’t squeeze him too tight. | 别捏太紧了 |
[31:51] | You miserable bastards! | 你这可怜的小混蛋 |
[31:54] | God, these things are strong. | 天 这些东西很强壮 |
[31:56] | They really are extraordinarily beautiful creatures. | 它们可真是非常漂亮的生物 |
[32:08] | Got one! | 搞定一条 |
[32:16] | Catherine, we have to offer some defense. | Catherine 我们得去进行辩护 |
[32:18] | Look at me, dear. I’m old. | 看看我 亲爱的 我老了 |
[32:21] | Older than you, even. | 甚至比你还老 |
[32:23] | I’m not gonna go out of this world making excuses. | 我不会离开这为自己辩解什么 |
[32:27] | I don’t know what your impression of prison is, | 我不知道你觉得监狱是什么样子的 |
[32:30] | but it’s not the kind of | 但是它不是一种你可以 |
[32:32] | place where you can sit around | 安逸的坐着 |
[32:33] | and knit Afghans for a few | 打几个月的阿富汗毛毯 |
[32:34] | months and sell them afterwards. | 然后把它们卖掉的地方 |
[32:36] | You are up on murder charges. | 你正在受谋杀的指控 |
[32:39] | He was gonna kill again. | 他还会再杀人 |
[32:41] | The police wouldn’t do anything. | 警察什么事都不去做 |
[32:43] | He had a look in his eye that he might even whack me | 从他眼神可以看出如果我阻挠他 |
[32:46] | if I crossed him. | 他会杀了我的 |
[32:47] | Well, I wasn’t gonna wait for that. | 我不会等待那一刻的到来 |
[32:49] | I tried to introduce the little weasel to God. | 我努力把这只小黄鼬引向上帝 |
[32:53] | Well, now he can meet him up close, face-to-face. | 好了 现在他在上面可以跟他面对面了 |
[33:04] | Can I fish yet? | 我能去钓鱼了吗 |
[33:06] | No. You still have a time-out. You just sit there. | 不行 你还在禁钓时间 给我乖乖的坐着 |
[33:16] | As you said yourself, Denny, | 就像你自己说的那样 Denny |
[33:18] | these fish are positively majestic. Sacred, even. | 这些鱼确实很有威严 甚至令人害怕 |
[33:21] | And you shot one. | 而且你射了一条 |
[33:24] | – Sometimes I get competitive. – Really? | -有时我可很有竞争力 -真的吗 |
[33:27] | You’ve upset the guide. | 你让导游伤心了 |
[33:35] | I’ll tell you this, Denny. | 我告诉你 Denny |
[33:37] | I see it now, how this kind of | 我明白了 大自然是如何 |
[33:39] | nature can renew you spiritually. | 净化你的灵魂 |
[33:40] | I really see it. | 我真的明白了 |
[33:43] | Tell you something else. In | 再告诉你一些事 |
[33:44] | our day jobs, we’re lawyers, | 在我们的日常工作中 我们是律师 |
[33:46] | – And we’re good ones. – What’s your point? | -而且我们是出色的 -你想说什么 |
[33:49] | My point is, given this, given those salmon, | 我想说的是 考虑到这个 考虑到那些鲑鱼 |
[33:52] | there’s a hearing going on in port McNeill. | 在McNeill港口有个听证会正在进行 |
[33:57] | We need to go be lawyers now. | 我们现在得做回律师了 |
[34:17] | Your first logistical obstacle is the robes. | 你们首先要解决的律师袍的问题 |
[34:20] | Canadian lawyers appear in black robes. | 加拿大律师都穿黑色律师袍 |
[34:22] | We should be able borrow them. | 我们应该可以借到 |
[34:24] | If all else fails, we could | 如果所有方法都失败了 |
[34:26] | stop at a costume shop. What else? | 我们就去化装服商店 还有什么 |
[34:28] | The judges are called “Milord.” | 这里法官称作”Milord” |
[34:29] | Not “Your honor,” but | 而不是”Your honor” |
[34:31] | “Milord.” It’s a lot like in England. | 是”Milord” 跟英国很相似 |
[34:32] | What time was the motion? | 议案什么时候开始 |
[34:33] | According to the docket, 11 A.M. | 根据事项表 是早上11点 |
[34:35] | How far away are you? 20 minutes. | -你们还有多久可以到 -20分钟 |
[34:36] | Well, you’ll probably join | 好了 那么你们应该 |
[34:38] | in progress, then. Good luck. | 可以赶上 祝你好运 |
[34:39] | And, Alan? | 嗯 Alan |
[34:42] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[34:44] | Case number 932612, | 案件编号932612 |
[34:48] | commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Catherine Piper | 美国麻萨诸塞州 |
[34:51] | on the charge of murder in the first degree. | 以一级谋杀罪名对Catherine Piper提起诉讼 |
[34:53] | Shirley Schmidt for the defendant, your honor. | 由Shirley Schmidt进行辩护 尊敬的法官 |
[34:56] | We’ll waive reading and enter a plea of not guilty. | 我们放弃解释的权利 要求赦免无罪 |
[34:59] | I’d also like to enter the appearance of Alan Shore. | 我还希望批准Alan Shore出席 |
[35:02] | Question of bail? | 关于保释金有没有问题 |
[35:03] | My client has no criminal record, | 我的当事人没有犯罪记录 |
[35:05] | your honor, dating back to the 1800s. | 尊敬的法官 回到19世纪 |
[35:07] | She has strong roots in her community. | 她与她的社区有很深的渊源 |
[35:09] | There is no flight risk. | 并且没有脱逃风险 |
[35:11] | Personal recognizance for a homicide case… | 私人保释对于谋杀案来说… |
[35:13] | Usually wouldn’t apply, | 通常不允许申请 |
[35:14] | but my client may have special medical needs | 但我的当事人对药物有特殊需要 |
[35:17] | due to her incredibly advanced years. | 因为她年岁已高 |
[35:19] | And the criminal act in question here | 而在这正在进行的罪案审讯 |
[35:21] | involves one lone incident of self-defense. | 会牵扯到一个正当防卫的问题 |
[35:25] | Excuse me. You’re pleading self-defense? We are. | -请问 你是说正当防卫 -是的 |
[35:29] | The defense will stipulate to the fact | 辩护基于 |
[35:30] | that she caused Bernard Ferrion to cease living. | 她导致Bernard Ferrion停止生命这个事实进行 |
[35:33] | We will stipulate to cause of death. | 我们会说明死亡的动因 |
[35:35] | The only issue before this | 唯一要提的就是 |
[35:37] | court will be justification. | 有正当的理由杀人 |
[35:38] | Hence we move for a speedy and immediate trial, | 我们请求进行快速审理 |
[35:41] | citing, once again, | 重申一遍 |
[35:42] | my client’s advanced years. | 我的当事人年岁已高 |
[35:45] | Ms. Murrow? | Murrow女士有意见吗 |
[35:47] | We have no problem with a speedy trial. | 我们对快速审理没有意见 |
[35:49] | Bail is set at $300,000. | 保释金30万美元 |
[35:50] | We’ll conference to set up a trial date. | 我们将开会定下审判日期 |
[35:52] | The affirmative defense of self-defense is so noted. | 既然确定是正当防卫 |
[35:58] | Mrs. Piper, you choose to address the court? No. | -Piper女士 你要选择法庭吗 -不 |
[36:03] | I just… | 我只是… |
[36:05] | is it possible to request the Robert Blake jury? | 能不能请求让Robert Blake作为陪审团 |
[36:16] | There’s just no scientific evidence | 还没有科学的证据表明 |
[36:18] | that the sea lice are | 海水鱼虱是 |
[36:19] | causing the death of wild salmon. | 野生鲑鱼死亡的原因 |
[36:20] | That is ridiculous. | 可笑 |
[36:21] | Sea lice wiped out the salmon stock in Norway. | 海水鱼虱让挪威的鲑鱼灭绝 |
[36:23] | They wiped out the stockin Scotland. | 让苏格兰鲑鱼灭绝 |
[36:25] | All we’re saying is let’s wait and do the research. | 我们的观点是等待并继续研究 |
[36:27] | This is a vendetta against the farmed fish. | 我们还得等多长时间呢 |
[36:29] | There’s no such thing. | 这样做对圈养鱼简直是谋杀 |
[36:31] | We have no issue with farmed fish | 不是那回事 |
[36:32] | so long as they can raise their stock | 我们并不针对圈养鱼 |
[36:33] | in an environmentally sustainable manner | 并且他们可以以一种环境可持续发展的方式 |
[36:35] | and not host millions of sea lice. | 来增加他们的渔产量 |
[36:37] | Closed containment systems have been shown to work. | 而不是通过养大量的海水鱼虱 |
[36:38] | Okay, gentlemen, I’ve heard your arguments. | 圈养体系已经说明了问题 |
[36:41] | I have your briefs. | 好了 先生们 我了解你们的观点了 |
[36:43] | I’ll review the matter as well as the science. | 我有你们的简报 |
[36:43] | Greetings, Oh, Canada! | 我会以科学态度慎重考虑此问题 |
[36:46] | Denny Crane. | 欢呼吧 噢 加拿大 |
[36:48] | Denny Crane Good morning, Milord. My name is Alan Shore, | |
[36:54] | and Mr. Crane and I are attorneys | 早上好 法官 我是Alan Shore |
[36:56] | from the commonwealth of Massachusetts. | 我和Crane先生是来自美国麻萨诸塞州的律师 |
[36:59] | We seek permission to be heard on | 请准许我们 |
[37:00] | this issue as friends of the court. | 作为出庭人员的朋友听证此议案 |
[37:01] | Mr. Shore, we don’t wear wigs in Canada. | Shore先生 在加拿大我们不戴律师帽 |
[37:09] | Nor do we wear waders. | 也不穿长统靴 |
[37:11] | Milord, we’ve just spent the | 法官 我们前两天 |
[37:14] | last two days in your rivers, in your countryside. | 是在你们乡村的河畔度过的 |
[37:16] | It is the most spectacular nature I have ever seen. | 那是我见过最壮观的自然风光 |
[37:21] | And the fish, they’re enough to | 而且那里的鱼足够 |
[37:23] | make one believe in a higher power. | 让人相信自己更有力量 |
[37:25] | Yes. How many of the higher | 是的 那么你折磨了几条 |
[37:27] | power’s creations did you torture? 15. | -“更有力量”的鱼 -15条 |
[37:29] | Denny didn’t catch any. | Denny一条都没钓到 |
[37:31] | I get your implication, judge, | 我知道你在暗示什么 法官 |
[37:33] | and I acknowledge the hypocrisy of the fisherman | 我承认钓鱼人的虚伪 |
[37:36] | pleading for the survival of a species | 恳请使这个种群存活 |
[37:38] | only so that he’ll be able to continue | 那样他就可以继续 |
[37:40] | dragging them to the shore by the lip in perpetuity. | 无止境的把他们钓到岸上来 |
[37:42] | But causing a fish discomfiture | 但是它们急剧减少 |
[37:44] | and causing it to become extinct | 和它们灭绝 |
[37:46] | are two very different things, | 是两件完全不同的事 |
[37:48] | and when talking about the pacific salmon, | 我们现在讨论的太平洋鲑鱼 |
[37:50] | this is a species that goes back to the ice age. | 这是来自冰川时代的种群 |
[37:53] | One that is born on a river, | 当它出生在一条河里 |
[37:54] | migrates up to 2,000 miles in the sea, | 在大海里向上游迁徙2000英里 |
[37:57] | then returns to the very place of birth to spawn | 然后回到出生的地方产卵 |
[38:00] | against enormous, miraculous odds, | 抵抗着巨大而不可思议的威胁 |
[38:03] | bringing nutrients on its | 带着营养物它一路上 |
[38:06] | journey to sustain the bald eagles, | 承受着秃鹰 |
[38:08] | the grizzly bears, the wolves, | 灰熊 狼 |
[38:10] | even the rain forests themselves. | 甚至雨林本身的威胁 |
[38:12] | An entire coastal ecosystem depends on them. | 整个海滨生态系统不能少了它们 |
[38:16] | If Charlotte the spider was still alive today, | 如果夏洛特蜘蛛今天还存活的话 |
[38:19] | she’d be writing in her web, “some fish.” | 她会在她的网上写 “来点鱼吧” |
[38:22] | Yes, well, forgive me, | 是的 嗯 请原谅我 |
[38:23] | but I find it insulting to be | 我感觉到受到了侮辱 |
[38:25] | lectured by an American on the environment. | 听你一个美国佬在这大谈环境 |
[38:27] | Watch it, judge. We’re a superpower. | 看看吧 法官 我们是超级大国 |
[38:29] | Don’t make us add you to the axis. | 别让我把你认作邪恶轴心国的一员 |
[38:31] | Being from the United states, I | 除了美国 我对这事 |
[38:33] | have an expertise on the issue. | 也是个专家 |
[38:34] | – Do you? – Yes. | -你是吗 -是的 |
[38:35] | Remember we’re the country that’s practically wiped | 我们是把灰熊从地图上 |
[38:38] | the grizzly bear off our maps. | 抹去的国家 |
[38:40] | We got rid of bull trout. | 我们让鳟鱼消失了 |
[38:42] | To see a Florida panther, | 要想看佛罗里达的黑豹 |
[38:43] | you have to go to a hockey game. | 那你得去看曲棍球(有支球队与之同名) |
[38:44] | We seek to count hatchery | 我们请求对 |
[38:45] | salmon as wild so the numbers go up | 野生鲑鱼孵卵进行统计 |
[38:46] | and we can take the actual wild | 那么当他们数量上升时 |
[38:48] | salmon off the endangered species list. | 我们就可以把它们从濒危动物名单中去掉了 |
[38:51] | Almost a hundred different bird and animal species | 接近一百种鸟类和动物种群 |
[38:54] | have gone extinct in the last 30 years, | 在这30年里灭绝了 |
[38:56] | while our national policy | 但我们国家的方针 |
[38:58] | remains “it’s not a priority.” | 坚持 “这不是首要考虑的” |
[39:00] | I know all about economic | 我清楚关于经济 |
[39:03] | interests trumping the environment. | 利益的一切都让环境无足轻重了 |
[39:05] | And truthfully, | 说实话 |
[39:06] | if we were talking about the Virgin | 要是我们讨论的是维尔京群岛的叫枭 |
[39:10] | island screech owl or the fresno kangaroo, | 或者是弗雷斯诺袋鼠 |
[39:11] | I might not care. | 我可能不会关心 |
[39:12] | But this is the pacific salmon. | 但是这可是太平洋鲑鱼 |
[39:15] | The sea lice are killing them. | 海水鱼虱正在杀害它们 |
[39:17] | Once they’re gone, judge, | 当它们灭绝后 法官 |
[39:19] | my god, they’re gone. | 天哪 它们就一去不复返了 |
[39:26] | Oh, yes. | 噢 是的 |
[39:28] | Mindful that abroad people tend to expect shock and awe when yankees arrive on the scene, | 请记得当美国佬来这里时 还期望能带来一些震惊和敬畏 |
[39:33] | we shall leave you with two small but lasting words. | 我们要留给你两个简短但是荡气回肠的单词 |
[39:39] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane, eh? |
[40:04] | Next week? | 下个星期 |
[40:05] | Well, assuming she passes the psychiatric test | 是的 在她通过了精神检测 |
[40:07] | and is deemed competent for trial. | 而且被认为有能力进行审判的情况下 |
[40:09] | How can you get to a murder trial in a week? | 你怎么能在一个星期内做好谋杀审判的功课呢 |
[40:13] | Well, there are no facts in dispute. | 好了 争也改变不了现实 |
[40:14] | It comes down to justification only. | 只需要找出正当理由 |
[40:16] | Paul, we can’t let this case drag on. | Paul 我们不能让这个案子拖太久 |
[40:18] | The more it lives, the more our reputation… | 拖得越长我们的声誉就越… |
[40:20] | Shirley, we cannot compromise | Shirley 我们不能放弃 |
[40:21] | the woman’s defense | 对这个女人的辩护 |
[40:23] | just to quickly sweep it under… | 只是为了尽快地… |
[40:24] | Paul, we persuaded her to confess, for god’s sake. | Paul 我们已经劝她坦白了 看在上帝的份上 |
[40:27] | Now you’re worried about compromising her? | 现在你又担心危及到她 |
[40:29] | It was in her best interest to come forward. | 那样做对她最有利 |
[40:32] | Oh, right. I forgot. | 噢 是啊 我可忘了 |
[40:42] | We look better than we smell. | 我们看起来可没闻起来那么臭 |
[40:59] | Shirley looked at us kind of funny. | 好象Shirley看我们时她觉得很有趣 |
[41:03] | Do you think she knows that | 你认为她知道 |
[41:04] | we slept together? She might. | -我们睡一起了吗 -有可能 |
[41:07] | We still have that glow. | 我们还闪着火花呢 |
[41:11] | Quite a trip. | 多好的旅行啊 |
[41:13] | I shot my first steelhead. | 我第一次射死了鳟鱼 |
[41:18] | Thank you, Denny. | 谢谢你 Denny |
[41:21] | You took my mind off Tara. | 你让我摆脱了Tara给我的悲伤 |
[41:25] | You took me to a new land. | 你带我去了新的土地 |
[41:27] | Most of all, took me to a new place. | 其实是我到了新天地 |
[41:31] | What do you mean? | 怎么说 |
[41:33] | You’ve occasioned, uh, | 你让 嗯… |
[41:36] | a cynical, material, | 一个愤世疾俗的追求物质的 |
[41:38] | urban man to feel passion for a fish. | 都市男人对钓一条鱼却激情高涨 |
[41:48] | I think Canada liked us. | 我觉得加拿大喜欢我们 |
[41:49] | How could they not? | 怎么能不喜欢 |
[41:59] | Here. I think we make quite | 看 我想我们组成了 |
[42:01] | a team, I can tell you that. | 一个很好的团队 我就是这么认为的 |
[42:03] | Yes, we do. | 是的 没错 |
[42:09] | We’re good on the road. | 我们一路都很快乐 |
[42:13] | Indeed. | 当然 |