时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | # Bells will be ringing # | # 圣诞铃声即将响起 # |
[00:12] | # The sad, sad news # | # 那个悲伤的消息 # |
[00:16] | # Oh, what a Christmas # | # 满怀忧伤与抑郁 # |
[00:20] | # to have the blues # | # 圣诞节如此伤心 # |
[00:24] | # My baby’s gone # | # 我的爱人已经远走 # |
[00:28] | # I have no friends # | # 没有朋友 # |
[00:32] | # to wish me greetings # | # 能再为我 # |
[00:36] | # once again # | # 送上祝福 # |
[00:39] | # Choirs will be singing # | # 唱诗班即将歌唱 # |
[00:43] | # Silent night # | # 寂静的晚上 # |
[00:48] | # Christmas carols # | # 圣诞颂歌 # |
[00:51] | # Ooh by candlelight # | # 噢 伴着烛光 # |
[00:55] | # Please come home for Christmas # | # 请回家吧 过此圣诞 # |
[00:59] | So do I get my kiss or not? | 你到底要不要亲我? |
[01:03] | Tara, the way mistletoe works is | Tara 站在槲寄生底下的人 |
[01:05] | the one standing under it is the one to receive. | 才是要被吻的人 |
[01:09] | Well, I prefer to meet in the middle. | 可是 我喜欢我们的唇在中间相遇 |
[01:12] | Well, I do enjoy your middle tremendously, | 我确实相当享受你的”中间部位” |
[01:15] | but a kiss really is more traditional. | 但是一个小小的吻更加的传统 |
[01:25] | Oh, and the anticipation is pure. | 而且动机是很纯洁的 |
[01:27] | – Sally. – Hi. | – 啊 Sally – 嗨 |
[01:28] | The last thing I want to do is come between all that collagen, | 我最不愿意打扰人家好事 |
[01:31] | but, Alan, we have a little problem, | 但是 Alan 我们有个小小的问题 |
[01:33] | and like it or not, you’re probably the best man to fix it. | 而且 你是最好的解决人选 |
[01:35] | This is Carmen Flores. She works in housekeeping here. | 这位是Carmen Florens 她在清洁部工作 |
[01:38] | Her ex-husband kidnapped her two children. | 她的前夫绑架了她的两个孩子 |
[01:41] | This is the third Christmas he’s done so. | 这是他第三次在圣诞节这么干了 |
[01:44] | He brings them to Peru, | 他带他们去秘鲁了 |
[01:45] | when it’s Carmen who has legal custody of them for the holidays. | 但其实Carmen才拥有节假日的法定监护权 |
[01:47] | Can’t you just go to the judge? | 你怎么不直接去找法官? |
[01:50] | She did that last year, | 去年她去过 |
[01:52] | and it cost her a fortune. The judge held him in contempt for a day. | 而且花费不少 但法官只判他藐视法庭 监禁一天 |
[01:56] | He said it’s worth it to spend Christmas with his kids in Peru. | 他说能和孩子们在秘鲁过圣诞 这代价值得 |
[01:59] | His flight leaves tomorrow night. | 他做明晚的航班走 |
[02:01] | I thought maybe you could think of something. | 我想你也许有办法 |
[02:04] | Didn’t you used to be a lawyer, Sally? | 你曾经也是律师吧 Sally? |
[02:07] | Oh, I apologize. There go my lips again. | 哦 抱歉 我又脱口而出了 |
[02:09] | Must be all that collagen. | 肯定是因为刚才的好事 |
[02:11] | Ladies. Perhaps you two should kiss in the name of Christmas. | 女士们 看在圣诞的面子上 也许你们应该接吻 |
[02:17] | Sorry, Sally. | 不好意思 Sally |
[02:19] | Incredible dress, by the way. | 顺便说下 裙子很漂亮 |
[02:21] | I hate you. | 真恨你啊 |
[02:22] | Ah, Alan. | 啊 Alan |
[02:24] | Mistletoe. | 槲寄生啊 |
[02:32] | Whatever. | 随便啦 |
[02:36] | Boston Legal 1×10 Hired Guns | |
[03:14] | She came home that evening at 9:30, | 那天晚上她9点半到家 |
[03:17] | catching an early flight to surprise her husband. | 赶了早班飞机想给丈夫一个惊喜 |
[03:21] | But it was the defendant who was surprised | 不过似乎被惊的是被告自己 |
[03:24] | Susan May discovered her husband Ralph | Susan May发现她的丈夫Ralph |
[03:27] | making love to a business associate, Marie Holcomb, | 正在和他的一个生意伙伴Marie Holcomb做爱 |
[03:31] | and it was more than she could bear. | 她接受不了这个事实 |
[03:34] | The evidence will show that the defendant | 证据将证明被告 |
[03:36] | retrieved a handgun from the kitchen, | 从厨房拿来一把手枪 |
[03:38] | returned to the bedroom, and fired six shots, | 返回卧室 连开6枪 |
[03:42] | three into her husband, three into Marie Holcomb. | 三枪击中丈夫 三枪击中Marie Holcomb |
[03:50] | This is the holiday season. | 现在正是节日期间 |
[03:52] | You people should be home with your families right now. | 你们本来可以与家人待在一起的 |
[03:54] | I apologize for that. | 我为此感到抱歉 |
[03:57] | Marie Holcomb’s mother and father fly here every December from the west coast. | Marie Holcomb的父母每年12月都会专程从西海岸飞来与她团聚 |
[04:04] | This time, it’s to attend the trial of their daughter’s killer. | 这次 却是来参加他们女儿的凶手的审判 |
[04:09] | Susan May destroyed a lot of happy plans with that gun. | Susan May用那把枪毁了许多快乐的圣诞计划 |
[04:17] | Get in Christmas. | 抓住圣诞节这个主题 |
[04:19] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[04:20] | Christmas is ours and Susan’s. Don’t let him claim it. | 圣诞节也是Susan的和我们的 别让他一个人抢了 |
[04:29] | I, too, would like to apologize | 我 同样 也想道歉 |
[04:31] | for taking you away from your families during this holiday season. | 没能让你们在节日期间与家人团聚 |
[04:35] | That’s Susan’s family seated over there. | 那边坐着的就是Susan的家人 |
[04:37] | They would dearly love to be home with her. | 他们非常想在家里和她过节 |
[04:40] | She would dearly love to be home with them. | 她也非常想回家陪他们 |
[04:42] | Imagine, if you can, | 请你们设想一下 |
[04:45] | as you prepare for your Christmas, having a loved one murdered. | 当你正满心欢喜的准备过圣诞 突然你的爱人被谋杀了 |
[04:50] | Add to that the horror that the police can’t figure out who did it, | 令你更加恐惧的是警方找不出凶手 |
[04:54] | and then, if you can possibly fathom, | 如果你还能往下想 接着 |
[04:58] | imagine they decide to arrest you. | 你突然变成了嫌疑人并被逮捕 |
[05:03] | That’s your defendant, ladies and gentlemen, | 那就是被告 女士们先生们 |
[05:05] | a law-abiding, loving, faithful advertising executive, | 一位遵纪守法 富有爱心 忠诚可靠的广告经理 |
[05:09] | an innocent woman whose whole life was just suddenly and wrongly destroyed. | 一位生活被飞来横祸无端摧毁的无辜女人 |
[05:15] | That’s your defendant, | 这就是被告的处境 |
[05:17] | and that’s what the evidence will show. | 接下来的证据也将充分证明这点 |
[05:32] | I, I report police twice, | 我 我报过两次警 |
[05:33] | and they say domestic. | 但他们都说这是家务事 |
[05:35] | He returned the children both times after Christmas. | 每次圣诞节后他就会把孩子送回来 |
[05:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:39] | This why police say it is for court to decide. | 所以 警察说这事儿得法庭来判 |
[05:43] | No one want involved. | 没人愿意插手 |
[05:45] | Ah, Denny. This is Carmen Flores. | 哈 Denny 这是Carmen Flores |
[05:47] | She works here in housekeeping. | 她在清洁部工作 |
[05:49] | Excellent. Why do I care? | 非常好 关我啥事? |
[05:51] | Perhaps you don’t. | 好像不关你事 |
[05:52] | First off, let me say how incredible you were last night. | 我必须先说说你昨晚唱得实在太惊人了 |
[05:56] | The whole office is still… | 整个事务所现在还处在… |
[05:58] | stunned. | 目瞪口呆的状态中 |
[06:02] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[06:03] | Now, on a topic far removed from you and therefore much less entertaining, | 好 咱们来换个主题 与你无关 所以可能不太有趣 |
[06:07] | though of some important to Carmen, | 但对Carmen来说非常重要 |
[06:09] | her children have been snatched by her ex-husband. | 她的孩子们被前夫强行带走了 |
[06:11] | Who do you know at the Boston police department? | 你在波士顿警局有没有认识的人? |
[06:14] | I know everybody. | 我认识所有人 |
[06:16] | You hear that, Carmen? The man knows everybody. | 听见了吗 Carmen? 这家伙谁都认识 |
[06:29] | Her story didn’t check out. It’s as simple as that. | 她没有证据证明自己的说法 就是这样 |
[06:31] | That story she gave you was… | 她跟你说… |
[06:33] | She came home, found them dead in bed. | 她回到家 发现他们死在床上 |
[06:36] | Was there evidence of anyone other than the victims or the defendant | 有证据显示那天有除受害者和被告以外的人 |
[06:39] | being in the house that night? | 在那间屋子里吗? |
[06:41] | None. | 没有 |
[06:42] | And, detective, describe for the jury if you can | 还有 探长 请你向陪审团详细描述一下 |
[06:44] | the defendant’s demeanor when you arrived at the scene that night. | 那天晚上你到达现场时被告的情况 |
[06:48] | She seemed pretty shook up. | 她看起来吓得不轻 |
[06:50] | There was blood all over her. | 身上沾满了血 |
[06:52] | She claimed she got the blood on her | 她说那些血是 |
[06:54] | when she went to her husband side to see if she could revive him. | 她靠近丈夫想看看他是否有救时沾上的 |
[06:57] | And you don’t believe that. | 你不相信她 |
[06:58] | I’m sorry. | 反对 |
[07:00] | It seems the detective is more than willing to give testimony against my client. | 看来探长本来就想作出对我当事人不利的证言 |
[07:04] | You don’t really need to lead him. | 你没必要再引导他 |
[07:06] | Sustained. | 反对有效 (不能引导证人) |
[07:08] | Did you believe the defendant’s claim? | 你相信被告的话吗? |
[07:11] | No. It was determined that she was standing approximately 5 feet away | 不 证据显示她站在 |
[07:14] | when she fired the gun. | 大概5英尺远开的枪 |
[07:16] | I’m sorry. I hate to be a nuisance, | 反对 我不想讨人嫌 |
[07:18] | but did I miss the point where you said she fired the gun? | 但你什么时候提到过是我当事人开枪? |
[07:21] | Sustained. | 反对有效 (证人不能进行推测) |
[07:24] | Detective, what, if anything, | 探长 是什么 |
[07:27] | led you to believe that the defendant fired the gun? | 让你相信是被告开的枪? |
[07:30] | We did a trace metal test which revealed she held the gun, | 我们做过金属痕迹追踪测试 结果显示她拿过枪 |
[07:33] | and her fingerprints were on the gun. | 枪上也有她的指纹 |
[07:36] | Anything else? | 还有其他的吗? |
[07:37] | We know her driver dropped her off at 9:30 P.M. | 我们查到她晚上9点30就下了车 |
[07:41] | She called the police at 11:07, | 11点07分报警 |
[07:43] | and she told us she discovered the bodies | 她又说她一进入屋子 |
[07:44] | soon after she entered the house. | 马上就发现了尸体 |
[07:46] | If so, why did she wait an hour and a half to call the police? | 假如是这样 她为什么等了一个半小时才报警? |
[07:50] | As I said, her story just didn’t add up. | 就像我说的 她无法自圆其说 |
[07:54] | Seems from your tone, detective, you consider this kind of a no-brainer. | 探长 听起来你认为这件事漏洞百出 |
[07:57] | We applied all our mental faculties just the same | 不过我们照样投入了全部人手进行调查 |
[08:00] | and concluded your client committed the crime. | 结果是你的当事人实施了犯罪 |
[08:02] | Well, you concluded pretty quickly, I might add. | 我得补充一句 你们得出结果的速度似乎很快 |
[08:04] | You placed her under arrest the next day. | 第二天你们就将她逮捕了 |
[08:05] | By the way, was the spatter analysis done in a day? | 顺便问下 血液飞溅测试也是那一天就完成了? |
[08:09] | No. That came in later. | 没有 那是后来 |
[08:11] | I see. So when you placed Susan May under arrest, you were going on… | 这样 所以当时你逮捕Susan May是基于… |
[08:14] | Her fingerprints were on the gun, for starters. | 首先 枪上有她的指纹 |
[08:17] | It was her gun, was it not? | 那本来就是她的枪 不是吗? |
[08:18] | The fingerprints were fresh. | 指纹很新 |
[08:20] | Got there, perhaps, when she picked the gun up after? | 也许是她后来捡起枪时才有的呢? |
[08:22] | We also had motive, her evasive demeanor. | 而且她有动机 她还有掩盖事实的举动 |
[08:26] | She called the police, did she not? | 她报了警 不是吗? |
[08:27] | Yes, but she wasn’t truthful. | 是的 但她没说实话 |
[08:29] | Wasn’t truthful when she said she didn’t shoot them? | 你是指 她没承认自己杀人? |
[08:32] | Then she obviously wasn’t truthful | 还有她说自己发现尸体后 |
[08:34] | about calling the police immediately after finding the bodies. | 就立刻报警了 这明显是撒谎 |
[08:37] | You had her examined by a psychiatrist that night? | 那晚你让她接受了精神科医生的检查? |
[08:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:40] | The psychiatrist said she was in shock. | 医生说她受了惊吓 |
[08:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:43] | Possible the shock of discovering her murdered husband | 也许她是因为发现丈夫死了 受了惊吓 |
[08:46] | caused the delay in calling the police? | 才没有及时报警呢? |
[08:48] | I doubt that’s what happened. | 我对此表示怀疑 |
[08:49] | This doubt is based on your psychiatric training. | 你的怀疑是基于你的精神科知识 |
[08:51] | It’s based on 30 years of experience as a homicide detective. | 基于我调查凶杀案30年的经验 |
[08:54] | 30 years as a homicide detective told you | 所以说30年的办案经验告诉你 |
[08:57] | that the delay in calling the police could not have been caused by shock. | 没及时报警不可能是受惊过度造成的 |
[09:06] | Let’s turn back to the blood spatter evidence. | 让我们重新回到血液飞溅的证据 |
[09:09] | This is the blouse my client was wearing that evening, is it not? | 案发当晚我当事人穿的是这件衬衫吧? |
[09:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:14] | That’s a lot of blood. That’s all spattering? | 有很多血 都是喷溅而成吗? |
[09:16] | Most of that blood came from handling the bodies. | 大多数血都是因为接触尸体形成的 |
[09:19] | So where’s the spatter you spoke of, detective? | 那探长 你说的飞溅痕迹在哪里? |
[09:22] | There are two elongated markings on the left shoulder. | 左肩处有两道长型的血迹 |
[09:25] | Right here, these tiny marks here. | 就在这儿 这些微小的血迹 |
[09:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:27] | She supposedly fired six shots. There’s only two tiny marks? | 你说她连开六枪 结果就是这么两个小点? |
[09:30] | The other marks were likely covered up with the blood from | 她处理尸体时血液浸到了身上 |
[09:33] | when she handled the bodies. | 可能把其他的痕迹覆盖掉了 |
[09:34] | Did you analyze these marks yourself, detective? | 探长 你是自己做痕迹分析吗? |
[09:36] | I did. | 是的 |
[09:37] | Are you the person in the Boston police department who does this? | 你是波士顿警局里做分析工作的专门人员吗? |
[09:40] | There are others, obviously, but I started in the lab, | 当然还有其他人 但我是实验室出身 |
[09:42] | so I’m trained as well. | 受过严格训练 |
[09:44] | Is there anyone else in the lab who analyzed this shirt? | 除了你 还有其他实验室的人分析过这件衬衫吗? |
[09:46] | Yes, we have a junior member… | 有 我们有一个初级分析员… |
[09:47] | A junior member? | 初级的? |
[09:48] | It’s a high-profile case. | 这可是个重案 |
[09:50] | It went to a junior member? | 就由一个初级分析员来处理? |
[09:52] | As I said, I analyzed the clothes with my 30 years of experience. | 我说过 我凭借30年的经验分析过这件衣服 |
[09:55] | 30 years in the lab? | 30年的实验室经验? |
[09:58] | No. | 不是 |
[09:59] | How many years in the lab? | 在实验室有多少年? |
[10:01] | Five. | 5年 |
[10:01] | How about the junior member? How many years did he have? | 那个初级分析员呢 他干了多少年? |
[10:03] | I’m not sure. | 不清楚 |
[10:04] | More than five? | 超过5年了吗? |
[10:05] | I believe so. | 我想是的 |
[10:07] | Just out of curiosity, what was his finding? | 只是好奇 他的结论是? |
[10:10] | Inconclusive. | 无法确定 |
[10:11] | He could not determine that my client fired a gun? | 他无法得出我当事人开了枪? |
[10:14] | Nor could he rule it out. | 但他也不能排除这个可能 |
[10:15] | He could not determine that my client fired a gun. | 他不能得出我当事人开了枪 |
[10:19] | Correct, but I determined she did. | 没错 但我认为她开了 |
[10:21] | You trace metaled my client. | 你对我当事人做过金属痕迹测试 |
[10:23] | Did you test for powder residue on her hand? | 那你有没有测试她手上的火药残余? |
[10:25] | Yes. She tested negative. | 是的 她手上没有火药残余 |
[10:26] | Gee. How could that be? | 啊 那怎么可能呢? |
[10:28] | We determined that she likely wore gloves when she fired the gun. | 我们认为 她开枪时可能带着手套 |
[10:32] | So she was careful to wear gloves when she shot them, | 所以她开枪时很小心地带着手套 |
[10:35] | then afterwards, she took the gloves off and handled the gun. | 但之后 她特地脱下手套去拿枪 |
[10:38] | If she went into shock as you say, | 如果就像你说的 她受了惊吓 |
[10:40] | she probably made a mistake. | 就可能犯错误 |
[10:41] | Murderers often do. | 谋杀犯常这样 |
[10:42] | So for the purpose of explaining the delay in calling the police, | 所以 说她受了惊吓没有及时报警 |
[10:45] | you don’t buy shock. | 你就不买账 |
[10:47] | But to explain why she picked up the murder weapon bare-handed | 但说到她在开枪后特地脱下手套 |
[10:50] | after firing with gloves, you do buy shock. | 再去碰枪 你就接受 |
[10:53] | In fact, you seem to be selling it. | 你还极力主张是惊吓造成的 |
[10:54] | Objection. | 反对 |
[10:55] | Withdrawn. | 我收回 |
[10:57] | Did you find the gloves? | 那你找到手套了吗? |
[10:58] | No. | 没有 |
[10:59] | Did you search the entire house? I’m asking. I don’t want to presume. | 我要向你求证 你们是否搜查了整个房子? |
[11:01] | We searched the house. We did not find the gloves. | 我们搜查了房子 但没发现手套 |
[11:04] | Any evidence of her leaving the house after she came home that night? | 有证据显示 她那天回家后曾离开过吗? |
[11:07] | No. | 没有 |
[11:11] | Any unsolved burglaries in this neighborhood in the last year? | 去年在这片街区 有没有未破的盗窃案? |
[11:18] | A couple. | 有一些 |
[11:26] | That went well, right? | 庭审情况还好 是吧? |
[11:28] | Yeah, it went extremely well. | 是的 的确不错 |
[11:30] | The problem, Susan, as we’ve explained… | 问题是 Susan 我们已经说过… |
[11:34] | the burden of proof is really on us. | 举证责任在我们身上 |
[11:36] | I still don’t understand that, as much as you keep saying it. | 虽然你一直这么说 但我还是不明白 |
[11:39] | When you have the scorned wife being the only one there, | 如果一桩凶杀案里 只有被背叛的妻子在场 |
[11:41] | her fresh fingerprints on the gun… | 枪上又有她新鲜的指纹… |
[11:43] | Trust me, we’ll argue burglar, but with no sign of a break-in. | 相信我 我们虽然会主张入室抢劫 但是现场没有强行进入的痕迹 |
[11:46] | So my chances are the same. | 所以我的胜算还是不大 |
[11:47] | No. We did very well with the witness today. | 不 我们今天交叉询问证人做得不错 |
[11:49] | Our chances just got a little bit better. | 我们胜算应该多了一点 |
[11:52] | But if we just… | 但是只要我们… |
[11:54] | we stick to the plan. | 我们得按计划行事 |
[11:56] | We’d like you to meet with Dr. Waylon one more time. | 你需要再和Waylon医生谈一次 |
[12:00] | Why? | 为什么? |
[12:01] | In case we need to call him. | 我们也许会需要他来作证 |
[12:02] | We want to be ready. | 我们得提前准备 |
[12:06] | I’m not really comfortable being treated like some patient. | 我真的不喜欢被当做病人来对待 |
[12:09] | Susan, you put your life in our hands, did you not? | Susan 你把生命交给我们了 不是吗? |
[12:13] | You need to let us do what we do. | 你必须听我们的安排 |
[12:16] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问个问题吗? |
[12:19] | I’m not sure why I want to ask this now, but… | 我不知道怎么突然想问这个 但是… |
[12:23] | do you believe me? | 你们相信我吗? |
[12:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:30] | I certainly want to believe you, but when I look at the evidence… | 我当然很想相信你 但当我看到那些证据… |
[12:39] | I at least appreciate your candor. | 至少我得感激你的坦白 |
[12:43] | The question the jury’s going to be asking… | 问题是陪审团会问… |
[12:46] | if not you, then who? | 假如不是你 能是谁? |
[12:48] | And we’ve got no answer for that. | 而我们无法回答 |
[13:06] | The fatal wounds for both victims were to the head. | 两个受害人的致命伤都在头部 |
[13:08] | Death was instantaneous. | 当场死亡 |
[13:11] | And, doctor, were you able to determine the time of death? | 医生 你能确定死亡时间吗? |
[13:13] | Between 9:30 and 9:45 p.m.. | 晚上9点30到9点45之间 |
[13:17] | Doctor, did you examine the stomach contents of the victims? | 医生 你检查了受害者的胃部残留物吗? |
[13:20] | Yes. | 检查了 |
[13:20] | What did you find? | 你发现了什么? |
[13:22] | They were both relatively full. | 他们的胃是比较满的 |
[13:23] | After eating, how long does food stay in the stomach | 进食后 胃大约要消化多久 |
[13:26] | before emptying into the small intestine? | 才能将食物全部排入小肠? |
[13:28] | Generally, one to two hours. | 通常来说 一到两小时 |
[13:30] | So if the victims finished dining by 7:30 as reported, | 根据证人所言 受害人在7点30用完餐 |
[13:34] | those stomachs should have been empty, | 如此说来 他们的胃就应该是空的 |
[13:36] | unless they were killed before 9:30, correct? | 除非他们九点半前就被杀害了 对吗? |
[13:40] | Or unless they ate again after leaving the restaurant. | 也有可能他们离开餐厅后又吃了东西 |
[13:43] | Were there any signs, to your knowledge, that they had eaten at home? | 据你所知 有证据表明 他们又在家里吃饭了吗? |
[13:46] | Dirty dishes, recent garbage? | 有没有脏盘子或没倒的垃圾? |
[13:47] | To my knowledge, there was no evidence of that. | 据我所知 没有 |
[13:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:54] | But they could have stopped on their way home from the restaurant, | 但他们也可能是在回家的路上 |
[13:56] | had dessert or something. | 停车吃点点心什么的 |
[13:58] | Well, not a medical question, | 呃 这不是医学问题 |
[14:00] | but yes. Possible. | 但 是的 有可能 |
[14:04] | You may step down, sir. | 你可以退席了 先生 |
[14:06] | Mr. Shubert? | Shubert先生? |
[14:09] | The prosecution rests, Your Honor. | 检方已提完所有证据 法官大人 |
[14:12] | Ms. Colson. | Colson小姐 |
[14:17] | Let’s let them see some serious thinking going on. | 让他们以为我们在认真思考 |
[14:24] | What’s your take on free agency? | 你对自由球员怎么看? |
[14:26] | It’s killing baseball. | 要毁了棒球了 |
[14:27] | Hockey? | 曲棍球呢? |
[14:27] | No salary cap, no hockey. | 不确定工资上限 曲棍球就玩完 |
[14:29] | Soccer. | 足球呢 |
[14:30] | Nobody cares. | 谁管它 |
[14:34] | Your Honor, the defense calls Susan May. | 法官大人 辩方传唤Susan May作证 |
[14:45] | It’s just that we regard it more as a domestic custody dispute. | 只是因为 我们把它看做普通的监护权纠纷 |
[14:48] | Her recourse would be with probate. | 她的请求法庭会受理的 |
[14:50] | Well, there’s where we’re wrong, Denny. | 啊 我们就错在这儿了 Denny |
[14:51] | I thought if you were to physically and unlawfully grab somebody | 我还以为如果你强行抓走某人 |
[14:54] | and haul them off to a foreign country, it would be a crime. | 把他带到国外 那是犯罪 |
[14:57] | Well, I’ll be damned. | 唉 真该死 |
[14:58] | So we’re wrong, then. | 原来是我们错了 |
[14:59] | By the way, does one need to be related to the victim to escape charges? | 顺便问下 要免罪是不是非得和受害人是亲戚? |
[15:03] | There’s this junior mint I’ve had my eye on. | 我看上一个小美眉很久了 |
[15:05] | I thought I might borrow her for a long weekend, perhaps the Bahamas. | 或许我也可以带她离开一星期 就到巴哈马去吧 |
[15:08] | As we understand it, the father always brings the kids back. | 据我们了解 那个父亲总是会把孩子带回来的 |
[15:11] | That’s what I’d do. Be a joy ride. | 我也会啊 不过是场愉快的旅行 |
[15:13] | We’re wasting time here. | 我们是在浪费时间 |
[15:15] | You two look like good men. Department’s full of good men. | 你们俩看起来是好人 警察局里全是好人 |
[15:18] | That’s why Denny Crane and this firm invest so much money in your annual ball. | 所以我Denny Crane和这家事务所每年都赞助你们的年度舞会 |
[15:23] | So you’ll arrest the husband, because A, Denny Crane wants you to, and B… | 所以你们得逮捕这个丈夫 因为一 Denny Crane要你们这么做 二… |
[15:26] | I play poker with some reporters, | 我常会和一些记者玩牌 |
[15:28] | one in particular who’d be curious as to why ethnic child-snatchings don’t get your attention, | 总有个记者会想知道你们为什么不管移民小孩绑架案 |
[15:32] | and C… | 还有三… |
[15:33] | The children were kidnapped, and D… | 那些小孩是被绑架的 还有四… |
[15:35] | You’re officially on notice. | 我们已经正式通知你们了 |
[15:46] | You’re good when you get testy. | 你发飙的时候真猛 |
[15:48] | Came easy today. | 今天很容易就搞定了 |
[15:51] | My balls hurt. | 我蛋疼 |
[15:53] | Let’s have that be the one and only time you tell me that. | 我希望这是我最后一次听到这个话题 |
[16:02] | I was hurrying home, | 我当时急着回家 |
[16:04] | because, well, | 因为 嗯 |
[16:06] | I had been away for about a week, | 我已经离开了一星期 |
[16:09] | and I was excited to see him. | 想着能见他就很兴奋 |
[16:13] | And when you got home? | 当你到家的时候? |
[16:15] | I pulled into the garage, went into the kitchen, | 我把车听到车库 然后进了厨房 |
[16:18] | called out his name. | 喊他的名字 |
[16:20] | His car was there, so I was sure he was home. | 他的车在那儿 我知道他一定在家 |
[16:24] | It was only about 9:30. I couldn’t imagine him being in bed. | 当时只是9点30 我想他应该不在卧室 |
[16:30] | But… | 但是… |
[16:33] | he was. | 他在 |
[16:35] | And not alone. | 而且不是一个人 |
[16:38] | No. | 是的 |
[16:40] | What happened, Susan? | 然后呢 Susan |
[16:43] | I started upstairs, | 我走上楼 |
[16:45] | I called out his name again. | 又喊了他一声 |
[16:47] | Still no response. | 还是没回应 |
[16:50] | Then I went to the bedroom, | 然后我就到了卧室门口 |
[16:53] | looked in. | 往里面看 |
[16:57] | And I saw it. | 我看见了 |
[17:00] | Saw what? | 看见了什么? |
[17:02] | At first, just blood. | 刚开始 我看到很多血 |
[17:05] | And then I saw one body. And then another. | 然后我看到了他的尸体 接着又看见另外一具 |
[17:09] | What did you do? | 你有什么反应? |
[17:11] | I first screamed. I… | 我尖叫了起来 我… |
[17:15] | I looked at my husband, and… | 我看着我的丈夫… |
[17:20] | his eyes were open, and there was a hole in his temple. | 他的眼睛睁着 太阳穴上有个枪口 |
[17:25] | And I went to him to see if he was still breathing. | 我走近 想看看他还有没有呼吸 |
[17:30] | Was he? | 还有吗? |
[17:34] | No. | 没有 |
[17:39] | What happened next? | 然后呢? |
[17:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:47] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[17:51] | I remember talking to the police at some point. | 我记得好像和警察谈话 |
[17:56] | I remember I… | 我记得… |
[17:58] | them taking Ralph away, but… | 他们把Ralph带走 但是… |
[18:00] | Do you remember calling the police? | 你记得你报警了吗? |
[18:02] | No. | 不记得 |
[18:03] | Do you remember touching the gun? | 你记得你拿过枪吗? |
[18:05] | No. | 不记得 |
[18:06] | Seeing the gun? | 当时你看到枪了吗? |
[18:07] | No. | 不记得了 |
[18:23] | That’s a really convenient memory loss, don’t you think? | 你这次失忆也太巧了 你觉得呢? |
[18:29] | You recall not doing it, finding the bodies dead. | 你只记得你没杀人 你发现了尸体这两件事 |
[18:32] | But as for your fingerprints on the murder weapon, | 但为什么枪上有你的指纹 |
[18:34] | why you gave the police false information after delaying in calling the police, | 你为什么延迟报警 为什么对警察撒谎 |
[18:40] | gee, just can’t remember. | 你就一句 我不记得了 |
[18:43] | Objection. | 反对 |
[18:44] | What a perfect way to tell your story | 多么完美的故事啊 |
[18:45] | without really being subject to cross-examination. | 而且还能不用担心交叉询问 |
[18:49] | Was this amnesia your idea, or was it your attorneys’? | 这种失忆症的把戏是你的主意 还是你律师的? |
[18:51] | Objection! | 反对! |
[18:52] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[18:54] | Nothing further. | 询问结束 |
[19:00] | The witness may step down. | 证人请退席 |
[19:05] | The defense calls Dr. Herbert Waylon. | 辩方传唤Herbert Waylon医生作证 |
[19:10] | Approach? | 我能靠近吗? |
[19:18] | This witness is not on their list. | 这位证人不在他们的证人名单上 |
[19:20] | He’s on the rebuttal list. | 他在反驳证人名单上 |
[19:20] | What’s he being called to rebut? | 他被传唤来反驳什么? |
[19:22] | You just accused my client of faking her memory loss. | 你刚指控我当事人假装失忆 |
[19:27] | Short leash, counsel. | 别耍花招 律师 |
[19:30] | Step back. | 退下 |
[19:40] | Dr. Herbert Waylon. | Herbert Waylon医生 |
[19:43] | Just get up and down. | 随便问两个问题 |
[19:45] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[19:46] | You don’t need to ask the $64,000 question. | 你不必问那个关键问题 |
[19:49] | Because? | 因为? |
[19:50] | He will, and then he can’t object to it. | 他会问的 而他就没法再反对了 |
[20:12] | It’s basically a form of post-traumatic amnesia. | 这可以说是创伤后失忆症的一种 |
[20:15] | She saw her husband murdered, | 她看见丈夫被谋杀了 |
[20:18] | and it triggered a blackout. | 诱发知觉丧失 |
[20:20] | She blacked out for an hour. | 大概持续了一个小时 |
[20:21] | In terms of memory. | 从记忆角度 是的 |
[20:23] | She wasn’t unconscious. | 她并不是无意识的 |
[20:24] | She could’ve been sitting in a catatonic state. | 她可能处于一种意识抽离的神游状态 |
[20:27] | She possibly even watched television. | 她甚至可能还看了电视 |
[20:29] | Well, the prosecution thinks that her memory loss was… | 控方认为她的失忆是… |
[20:33] | convenient. | 随意捏造的 |
[20:35] | Well, I personally examined this woman the day after the murders. | 我在凶案次日亲自对这位女士进行过检查 |
[20:38] | She was suffering from dissociative amnesia then, | 当时她确实患了创伤后失忆症 |
[20:41] | as I believe she is now. | 我认为她现在还没好 |
[20:44] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[20:46] | He’s your witness. | 轮到你问了 |
[20:53] | I hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[20:55] | You can’t state to a medical certainty | 你不能在医学上百分之百确定 |
[20:58] | that the defendant suffered from post-traumatic amnesia, can you? | 被告有创伤后失忆症 对吗? |
[21:01] | To a medical certainty, no. | 确切的医疗诊断 不行 |
[21:03] | And you can’t medically rule out | 你也无法从医学上排除 |
[21:05] | the possibility that the defendant pulled the trigger that night, can you, doctor? | 被告扣动了扳机的可能性 是吧? |
[21:09] | Bingo. | 说中了吧 |
[21:10] | No, I cannot rule it out. | 不 我无法排除 |
[21:11] | In fact, while I happen to believe her version of the events, | 实际上 虽然我相信她的说法 |
[21:15] | I make room for a completely different scenario. | 我还有另一个完全不同的想法 |
[21:22] | Which is? | 什么想法? |
[21:24] | Well, it’s possible she looked into this bedroom, | 呃 有可能她往卧室一看 |
[21:26] | saw her husband making love to another woman, | 看见她的丈夫和别的女人在上床 |
[21:29] | and that threw her into a dissociative state. | 这让她陷入一种精神抽离的状态 |
[21:32] | And in that state, | 在那种状态下 |
[21:34] | she shot them. | 她射杀了他们 |
[21:41] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[21:43] | You’re now saying maybe she killed them? | 你又说她可能杀了他们? |
[21:46] | Well, I believe she found them dead as she says. | 应该说 我相信她发现尸体这种说法 |
[21:49] | But it’s possible that she saw them making love, | 但也有一种可能是 她看见他们在做爱 |
[21:52] | went into a dissociative state, | 就精神抽离了 |
[21:53] | something we refer to medically as automatism, | 医学上我们称为不自觉行为 |
[21:56] | and in that state, she may have killed them. | 而在那种状态下 她杀了他们 |
[21:59] | Then her brain creates a false memory of something less horrifying to her. | 然后她的大脑制造出一段虚假的记忆来减轻她的恐惧 |
[22:06] | I have nothing further. | 我没别的问题了 |
[22:10] | Her brain created a false memory? | 她的大脑制造了一段虚假的记忆? |
[22:12] | Yes, sometimes if a person’s actions are so repugnant to them, | 是的 有时候如果人对自己的行为极度厌恶 |
[22:16] | they can actually create a false version that is more psychologically acceptable. | 他们能创造出虚假的记忆 使其在精神上更容易被接受 |
[22:20] | And they believe this as the truth? | 他们会相信那就是真相? |
[22:23] | Absolutely. | 深信不疑 |
[22:24] | So it’s possible that she committed the murders? | 所以说人有可能是她杀的? |
[22:29] | No. Murder suggests an intent she would’ve been incapable of. | 不 谋杀是有预谋的 而她不可能预谋 |
[22:33] | If she did this, and I’m not saying that she did, | 假如她做了 我是说假如 |
[22:36] | she would’ve likely lost all conscious control. | 当时她可能是神志不清的 |
[22:39] | She would’ve acted outside herself. | 她不是原来的那个自己 |
[22:41] | And as a defense, her brain would’ve manufactured this other memory | 作为一种防卫机制 她的大脑创造了另一种记忆 |
[22:45] | that she walked in and found them already dead. | 那就是她走进时他们已经死了 |
[22:49] | Your Honor, chambers. | 法官大人 控方请求密谈 |
[22:51] | They just, they just backdoored insanity. | 他们是在用精神失常做退路 |
[22:53] | That’s an affirmative defense. They did not plead it. | 这是肯定性辩护 他们之前没有提过 |
[22:56] | We’re not arguing. | 我们没打算这么说 |
[22:57] | The witness just testified she lost all conscious control. | 证人刚作证说她完全失去意识 |
[23:00] | That witness was simply called to rehabilitate. | 传唤证人是为了证实我当事人的失忆是真的 |
[23:03] | You were the one who impeached my client’s truthfulness. | 是你先攻击我当事人证词的真实性 |
[23:05] | You said that she was feigning her memory loss. | 你说她在假装失忆 |
[23:07] | You went beyond my cross. | 你的询问早超过我的范围了 |
[23:08] | Your Honor, this is a ploy. | 法官大人 这是个陷阱 |
[23:10] | They’re trying to sneak in alternative defenses. | 他们想使用两种辩护理由 |
[23:12] | A, she didn’t do it, and B, if she did do it, she was insane. | 一 她没有这么做 二 她就算做了也是因为精神失常 (精神失常可免责) |
[23:16] | Did you coach the witness to get an insanity? | 你是否故意引导证人至精神失常的方向? |
[23:19] | I called the witness to rehabilitate, to support her claim of memory loss. | 我只是传唤他来说明被告的精神状态 证明失忆是真实的 |
[23:22] | Knowing full well he believed the possibility | 但你很清楚 他相信有 |
[23:25] | that she committed the murders while in a dissociative state. | 在精神抽离的情况下杀人的可能性 |
[23:27] | I did not elicit that testimony. He did. | 引出这种证词的不是我 是他 |
[23:30] | Your Honor, if we wanted to argue insanity, | 法官大人 假如我们想以精神失常做辩护 |
[23:32] | we simply could’ve pled it. | 我们早就会直接提出了 |
[23:34] | Except you don’t want to argue it, counsel. | 有可能你不想以此为辩护 律师 |
[23:36] | You want to argue “not guilty” and have insanity as a fallback. | 你想做无罪辩护而用精神失常做退路 |
[23:39] | Two defenses for the price of one. | 一箭双雕 |
[23:41] | I’m sure you’ll properly instruct against insanity. | 我想您会指导陪审团不要考虑精神失常这个因素 (法官要就一些法律问题对陪审团以指导) |
[23:44] | Yes. And I’m sure the jury will listen. | 没错 而且我确定陪审团会听取我的意见 |
[23:47] | I move for an immediate mistrial. | 我提出无效审判动议 (审判立刻结束 稍后可以重组陪审团重新审理) |
[23:49] | Mr. Shubert, you opened the door on all this with your cross. | Shubert先生 是你的交叉询问引起了这个问题 |
[23:52] | Which was their plan. | 是他们设的圈套 |
[23:52] | Maybe so, but you did the damage. | 也许吧 但结果是你造成的 |
[23:56] | I’ll give you time to call your own experts, but the case goes on. | 我可以给你时间传唤你的专家证人 但案子继续 |
[24:00] | Mr. Chase, Ms. Colson, | Chase先生 Colson女士 |
[24:02] | I keep scorecards of all the lawyers who appear before me. | 所有在我这出庭过的律师 我都心中有数 |
[24:19] | Now you’re being desperate. | 你现在是在死缠烂打了 |
[24:21] | Too much? | 那么明显? |
[24:23] | Just a bit. | 一点点而已 |
[24:25] | I never figured you to place quite such a premium on a kiss. | 我从没想到你会这么重视一个吻 |
[24:29] | A kiss is the promise of what’s to come, Tara. | 吻是进行下一步的通行证 Tara |
[24:32] | A kiss is… | 吻代表了… |
[24:35] | the Christmas Eve of sex. | 平安夜的性爱 |
[24:42] | I actually favor… | 我实际上比较喜欢… |
[24:46] | the Christmas Eve… | 平安夜… |
[24:49] | of Christmas Eve. | 可以久一点 |
[24:53] | I’m sorry. | 什么意思 |
[24:56] | It’s not the part where the lips actually touch. | 最美妙的不是两唇接触的时候 |
[25:00] | It’s the part just before that… | 而是在那之前… |
[25:04] | when they’re so close… | 当两唇如此靠近… |
[25:07] | when you know it’s about to happen. | 你知道即将要发生什么的时候 |
[25:11] | You can almost feel it, | 你几乎就要感觉到它 |
[25:14] | taste it. | 品尝到它 |
[25:17] | I like that bit to last forever. | 我希望那一刻可以永恒 |
[25:22] | Don’t you just love to make it last… | 你不想就这样… |
[25:27] | forever? | 到永远吗? |
[25:31] | No. | 不想 |
[25:34] | Mr. Shore. I’m sorry. | Shore先生 对不起 |
[25:37] | There’s a man here. | 有个男人在外面 |
[25:38] | He says he’s delivering gifts for you and Mr. Crane, | 他说他是来给你和Crane先生送礼物的 |
[25:41] | and he says it’s urgent. | 他说是急件 |
[25:42] | Mr. Crane is out of the office. | Crane先生正好不在办公室 |
[25:44] | Gifts? | 礼物? |
[25:52] | May I help you? | 有什么要帮忙的? |
[25:53] | Are you Alan Shore? | 你是Alan Shore? |
[25:55] | Not if you’re a process server. | 如果你是送传票的就不是 |
[25:57] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[25:59] | You, shut up! | 你 闭嘴! |
[26:01] | Somebody shut down the elevators! | 谁给我把电梯关上 |
[26:04] | If I hear them go ding, I’m gonna shoot this man on the head. | 如果我听到电梯发出叮的声音 我就立马让他脑袋开花 |
[26:08] | Sir, I must tell you, the last time somebody pointed a gun at me, | 先生 我必须告诉你 上次有人拿枪指着我的时候 |
[26:10] | they shot me and it hurt. | 他们开了枪 相当疼 |
[26:12] | Terribly. | 疼得要命 |
[26:14] | You think this is a joke? | 你觉得这是个玩笑? |
[26:16] | You got me arrested! | 你让我被铺了! |
[26:17] | You got my kids taken away! | 你让我见不到孩子! |
[26:20] | My kids are all I’ve got! | 我的孩子们是我的一切! |
[26:23] | Well, it seems you have a gun. Perhaps if you trade… | 恩 你好像也拿着枪 如果你拿… |
[26:31] | All right. | 好的 |
[26:32] | This is between you and me. | 这是你我之间的事 |
[26:34] | You have a hostage. | 你得到你的人质了 |
[26:36] | Everybody else, pick a door and get behind it now. | 其他人赶快挑个门各自躲好吧 |
[26:41] | Let’s clear the floor. | 我们清个场 |
[26:43] | Kill the elevators. | 关掉电梯 |
[26:44] | Kill the phones! | 切断电话! |
[26:46] | Everybody, go into an office, close the door. | 所有人 找个办公室躲着 关上门 |
[26:49] | Now. | 马上 |
[26:51] | Let’s do it as he says. | 按他的话做 |
[27:03] | Okay, Mr. Flores, let’s talk. | 好的 Flores先生 我们谈谈吧 |
[27:14] | Christmas, it’s family. | 圣诞节必须全家团圆 |
[27:18] | I will go to Peru to be with family. | 我得去秘鲁和家人团聚 |
[27:21] | My kid is a part of that. | 我的孩子也是家庭成员 |
[27:22] | I understand, sir. | 我明白 先生 |
[27:24] | Some with uh, you know, try to be left behind with like that in mind? | 其实 呃 有没想过改变下想法? |
[27:29] | I’m going to kill you. | 我要杀了你 |
[27:33] | I prefer you wouldn’t. | 我希望你不要 |
[27:38] | His name is Julio. We believe his last name is Flores. | 他的名字是Julio 应该姓Flores |
[27:40] | Yes, he’s already fired a round, so… | 是的 他已经开了一枪 所以… |
[27:41] | The gun is clearly loaded. | 枪绝对是上膛了的 |
[27:43] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[27:44] | Yes, you can call me. 617-555-0197. | 是的 你可以打给我 617-555-0197 |
[27:47] | You’re here because of your children. | 你会来这 是因为你的孩子 |
[27:50] | So I’ll ask you to think about your children. | 所以我请你为孩子们想想 |
[27:53] | If you go to prison, they lose their father. | 如果你进了监狱 他们就失去了父亲 |
[27:58] | With an arrest, I’m gonna lose all custody. | 我已经被逮捕过了 我会失去监护权 |
[28:03] | They already lost their father. | 他们已经失去父亲了 |
[28:08] | The first forensic specialist to analyze the blood spatter pattern said | 分析了飞溅血滴的那位真正的专家认为 |
[28:11] | they were inconclusive. | 无法得出结论 |
[28:13] | This is a police expert, by the way. | 顺便说一句 那还是警方的专家 |
[28:15] | He said the spatters could not prove that she fired a gun. | 他说血液飞溅无法证明她开了枪 |
[28:21] | He’s asking you to believe | 他想让你们相信 |
[28:22] | that she wore gloves to commit the crime, | 她带着手套作案 |
[28:24] | to explain the lack of powder residue on her hands, | 所以她手上没有火药残留 |
[28:26] | and then she took the gloves off to handle the murder weapon. | 但她却脱掉手套去拿手枪 |
[28:31] | It’s possible it was a burglar. | 有可能是一个入室盗窃犯 |
[28:33] | The prosecution certainly can’t eliminate the idea, and, yes, | 检方也不能排除这种可能性 |
[28:38] | it’s possible that Susan May, | 当然 也可能是Susan May |
[28:41] | seeing her husband making love with another woman, | 看见她的丈夫与别的女人做爱 |
[28:43] | went into a dissociative state, | 就精神错乱 |
[28:46] | acted outside of her conscious control. | 产生了意识无法控制的行为 |
[28:50] | But it doesn’t really matter whether she pulled that trigger or not. | 但其实她扣没扣扳机并不重要 |
[28:54] | Because she formed no legal, mental intent to do so, | 因为在那种状态下 她不具备法律意义上的犯罪意图 |
[28:58] | which is an element of the crime. | 而意图是确定犯罪的一个要件 |
[29:01] | Reasonable doubt as to whether or not she did it… | 对于她有无开枪 我们可以产生合理怀疑… |
[29:04] | no evidence of intent even if she did. | 而即便是她开的枪 也没有证据能证明她有犯罪意图 |
[29:07] | It all leads to the same verdict. | 这些都指向同一个裁定 |
[29:11] | Not guilty. | 被告无罪 |
[29:13] | It’s been almost 30 minutes. | 已经30分钟了 |
[29:17] | You have to know the building is surrounded by now. | 你必须要知道 现在大楼已经被团团包围了 |
[29:19] | The police are probably on every floor. | 大概每一层都有警察 |
[29:21] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[29:23] | My life has ended, anyway. | 反正我已经完了 |
[29:27] | No evidence of anyone else being there, but the defendant. | 没有证据能证明 现场除了被告 还有其他人 |
[29:31] | Time of death, 9:45, 15 minutes after she arrived home. | 死亡时间 9点45 在她回家后的15分钟 |
[29:35] | And as to why the defendant waited a full hour and a half before calling the police, | 至于被告为什么足足等了一个半小时才报警 |
[29:40] | oh, yes, the dissociative state. | 哦 对了 精神错乱了 |
[29:45] | That’s handy. | 真巧啊 |
[29:47] | However upset you may be, sir, | 先生 不管你有多沮丧 |
[29:48] | you must realize that what you are doing is insane. | 你必须意识到 你的行为是疯狂的 |
[29:51] | I wonder why they didn’t plead insanity. | 我在想他们为什么不用精神失常做辩护 |
[29:54] | Because there was no powder residue on her hands? | 因为她手上没有火药残留? |
[29:58] | How to explain insanity, | 若真的精神失常 |
[30:00] | yet have presence of mind to wear gloves? | 怎么还能沉着冷静的带上手套? |
[30:04] | That’s a tough one. | 这是很难的选择 |
[30:08] | These are very good lawyers. | 他们是很棒的律师 |
[30:11] | You think you’re such a great lawyer. | 你认为自己是个很不错的律师 |
[30:14] | You feel like a great lawyer now, Mr. Shore? Huh? | 现在也还这么觉得 Shore先生? 呃? |
[30:23] | I feel like a busy one. | 我是个很忙的律师 |
[30:25] | So if you’re gonna shoot me, let’s do it. | 所以如果你要开枪 那就赶快 |
[30:27] | I have plans. | 我还有其他事 |
[30:30] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[30:31] | I don’t know. I can’t see. | 我不知道 我看不见 |
[30:33] | Okay, I see Alan. | 好的 我看到Alan了 |
[30:35] | He’s all right. | 他很好 |
[30:36] | Sir, the phone is going to ring. | 先生 我们会打电话进来 |
[30:39] | I want you to pick it up, | 请你接电话 |
[30:41] | and we want you to talk to us. | 我们希望和你谈谈 |
[30:42] | No! | 不! |
[30:45] | See all the police outside? | 看见外面的警察了吗? |
[30:47] | We must have a jumper. | 肯定有人跳楼了 |
[30:49] | I hope it isn’t Paul. | 希望不是Paul |
[30:50] | Denny, you don’t know what’s going on? | Denny 你搞不清楚状况是吧? |
[30:53] | Why are you women in my office? | 为什么你们这些女人会在我办公室? |
[30:55] | You really don’t realize what’s happening? | 你还真没搞清状况? |
[30:59] | I think I do. | 哦 我知道了 |
[31:00] | Let’s take off our clothes. | 赶快脱衣服吧 |
[31:01] | A man has a gun trained on Alan Shore out there. | 外面有人拿枪劫持了Alan Shore |
[31:03] | That’s why the police are here. | 所以才来了这么多警察 |
[31:06] | Out there? | 在外面? |
[31:08] | He’s threatening to kill him. | 他威胁要杀了他 |
[31:10] | Why didn’t anybody come and get me? | 为什么没人来劫持我? |
[31:17] | All right then. | 只好这样了 |
[31:20] | Are you mad? | 你疯了吗? |
[31:22] | Mr. Crane, I really don’t think that’s a good idea. | Crane先生 我不认为这是个好主意 |
[31:24] | It’s a fantastic idea. | 这是个绝妙的主意 |
[31:26] | Denny, the police are already here. | Denny 警察已经来了 |
[31:28] | Yes, I can see they’ve got everything under control. | 是啊 看得出来他们已经控制了局势 |
[31:31] | Sir, we just want to have a conversation. | 先生 我们只想和你沟通一下 |
[31:33] | If that phone even rings, I’ll shoot! Do you hear me? | 如果电话响了 我就开枪 听懂了吗? |
[31:37] | Tara, when I say “open”, you open that door. | Tara 当我说”开” 你就开门 |
[31:40] | I certainly will not. | 我才不开 |
[31:41] | I’m an ex-marine. | 我可是前陆战队员 |
[31:43] | I was a trained sniper | 我是训练有素的狙击手 |
[31:45] | or was it a pilot? | 还是飞行员来着? |
[31:47] | Mr. Flores! | Flores先生! |
[31:48] | Don’t use my name! | 别叫我的名字! |
[31:49] | Put that gun down. You’ll get everybody killed. | 放下枪 你会让所有人都没命的 |
[31:56] | .. need you to let your hostage go. | 你要让你的人质离开 |
[31:59] | We would negotiate… | 我们会和你协商… |
[32:00] | That’s Alan out there. | 外面那是Alan啊 |
[32:05] | I’m mainly a skeet shooter now, | 我现在是飞碟射击选手了 |
[32:08] | so when I yell “pull”, that’ll be your cue to yank open the door. | 我喊”拉”的时候 你把门猛的拉开 |
[32:12] | You are mad. | 你疯了 |
[32:12] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别开玩笑了 |
[32:13] | Pick up the phone. | 接电话 |
[32:15] | Don’t make it ring! | 不准让它响! |
[32:16] | I’m warning you! | 我警告你! |
[32:18] | I’ll shoot, do you hear me? | 我会开枪的 听见了吗? |
[32:21] | Pull! | 拉! |
[32:26] | – Got one down! – We got him! | – 倒下一个! – 抓到他了! |
[32:28] | Weapon! | 发现武器! |
[32:47] | Denny Crane. | 我是Denny Crane |
[33:10] | Is he, is he gonna live? | 他会死吗? |
[33:12] | He took a hit to the shoulder. | 他的伤口在肩膀 |
[33:13] | He’ll be fine. | 会没事的 |
[33:18] | Tom Delay, he’s a friend of mine. He advised me to keep a rifle in the office. | 我的一个朋友Tom Delay建议我在办公室里放把步枪 (拥护持枪权利的一名众议院领袖) |
[33:23] | My question is, did it appear the suspect was about to shoot Mr. Shore | 我的问题是 在你决定制服嫌犯的时候 |
[33:27] | when you decided to take him out? | 他看起来要向Shore先生开枪吗? |
[33:28] | No, why the hell would I wait for that? | 没有 我干嘛要等到那时候? |
[33:37] | Can I get you some water? | 需要喝水吗? |
[33:38] | Please. It’s vodka. | 谢谢 这是伏特加 |
[33:42] | You’re still shaking. | 你还在发抖 |
[33:52] | I thought that was it. | 我以为死定了 |
[34:02] | The way I’ve lived my life, | 我这辈子的种种 |
[34:05] | I’ve always believed homicide is what God has planned for me. | 我一直相信上帝会安排我被人杀掉 |
[34:12] | It’s nice to know you believe in God. | 很高兴你相信上帝 |
[34:15] | Well, it’s a law now in this country, isn’t it? | 现在这个国家里 信仰简直就是法律 不是吗? |
[34:28] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:32] | I don’t want to marry you. | 我不想和你结婚 |
[34:34] | I’m not even sure I want to date you. | 我甚至不确定是否想和你约会 |
[34:37] | But I love you. | 但是 我爱你 |
[34:41] | And for your information, since you love me, as well, | 还有 提醒一句 既然你也爱我 |
[34:43] | this is the point where the boy utters something poetically romantic like, | 这时男生应该说些如诗般浪漫的话 |
[34:47] | “Me too.” | 比如 “我也爱你” |
[34:51] | Or perhaps something a little less on the nose like, “You smell good.” | 或者用稍轻一点的鼻音说 “你真香” |
[35:00] | Are you trying to defuse my trauma, because if so… | 你是因为我今天受惊了才这么说吗 如果是这样… |
[35:02] | No. | 不是 |
[35:03] | I nearly died once, and… | 我曾经也几乎死过一回… |
[35:06] | I remember thinking at the time of those who would grieve. | 我记得那时我在想有谁会为我悲伤 |
[35:10] | I wondered whether or not I was loved. | 是否有人真正爱我 |
[35:16] | You are. | 有人爱你 |
[35:21] | More vodka? | 再来点伏特加? |
[35:23] | Please. | 好的 |
[35:50] | You smell good. | 你真香 |
[36:30] | The defendant will please rise. | 被告方请起立 |
[36:34] | Madam foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 主席女士 陪审团得出一致裁决了吗? |
[36:37] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[36:38] | What say you? | 结论是? |
[36:40] | On the charges of murder in the first degree, | 对于被告的一级谋杀指控 |
[36:42] | we find the defendant Susan May, | 我们认为被告Susan May |
[36:45] | not guilty. | 罪名不成立 |
[36:47] | On the charges of murder in the second degree, | 对于被告的二级谋杀指控 |
[36:49] | we find the defendant Susan May, | 我们认为被告Susan May |
[36:52] | not guilty. | 罪名不成立 |
[36:53] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[36:55] | The jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court. | 陪审团请退席 本庭十分感谢 |
[36:59] | We’re adjourned. | 现在休庭 |
[37:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:34] | I don’t know what to say to you. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[37:39] | You’ve given me my life back. | 你们救了我的命 |
[37:44] | The doctors say you’ve still got a lot of healing ahead of you, Susan. | Susan 医生说你还要不少治疗 |
[37:48] | Let your family take care of you. | 让你的家人照顾你吧 |
[37:53] | That theory that Dr. Waylon had… | Waylon医生说的那个理论… |
[37:57] | that my brain is tricking me, making me believe… | 说我的大脑可能欺骗我 让我相信… |
[38:00] | that I found them dead when really… | 我发现的是尸体 而实际… |
[38:05] | Does he believe that? | 他真的相信吗? |
[38:11] | He thinks it’s possible. | 他认为有可能 |
[38:16] | Brain can do that? | 大脑有这个本领? |
[38:27] | So how do I know? | 那我要怎么知道呢? |
[38:43] | Remember when we went skeet shooting together? | 还记得我们一起去玩射飞碟吗? |
[38:46] | I do. | 我记得 |
[38:48] | I barely remember you hitting a single skeet. | 我都不记得你打中过一个 |
[38:54] | I’m a game player. | 我是比赛型选手 |
[38:58] | This afternoon, did you consider that you might hit me? | 今天下午 你想过可能会打伤我吗? |
[39:01] | I did. | 有 |
[39:03] | It’s a good feeling, you know, to shoot a bad guy. | 能打中坏人 这感觉不错 你知道 |
[39:08] | Really. | 真的 |
[39:09] | Something you Democrats would never understand. | 你们民主党人永远不会了解的 |
[39:12] | Americans were homesteaders. | 美国人还是很恋家的 |
[39:15] | We want a safe home, | 我们需要一个安全的家 |
[39:17] | keep the money we make, | 能收好血汗钱 |
[39:19] | and shoot bad guys. | 打倒坏人 |
[39:22] | And save the life of someone you love. | 拯救你所爱的人的生命 |
[39:29] | Wow. Big day. | 哇哦 真是重要的一天 |
[39:32] | Even for Denny Crane. | 对Denny Crane说也是 |
[39:37] | I consider myself many things, Denny, | 我对自己有很多评价 Denny |
[39:40] | but being loved has never been one of them. | 但我从不认为我被人爱着 |
[39:44] | And now twice in the same day. | 今天却有两个人对我这么说 |
[39:47] | And… | 还有… |
[39:49] | the Red Sox won a world series. | 红袜队赢了职业棒球大赛冠军 |
[39:52] | And the Red Sox won a World Series. | 还有红袜队赢了职业棒球大赛冠军 |
[39:56] | You know, Tara told me that once she almost died, | 你知道吗 Tara告诉我有次她差点死了 |
[40:01] | and she thought of those who loved her. | 她当时在想那些爱过她的人 |
[40:04] | But I found in that moment it wasn’t who loved me, | 但我发现 那时候我不会想爱我的人 |
[40:08] | but rather who I loved. | 而是我爱的人 |
[40:12] | You know whose face I saw, Denny? | 你知道谁的脸在我眼前浮现吗 Denny? |
[40:15] | Mine. | 我的 |
[40:16] | Liza Minelli’s. | Liza Minelli的 |
[40:21] | Crazy son of a bitch. | 十足的大疯子 |
[40:24] | Merry Christmas, my friend. | 圣诞快乐 我的朋友 |
[40:26] | And I’d say… | 还有我应该说… |
[40:28] | Happy New Year, but… | 新年快乐的 但是… |
[40:31] | Next year couldn’t possibly be this good. | 明年不会比现在更快乐了 |