时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | You were fast. Where were ya? | 来得挺快啊 你在哪呢 |
[00:29] | At the office, closing up the Silverman case. | 在办公室 给西尔弗曼的案子收尾 |
[00:32] | At this hour? You need to get a life. | 这时候还在工作 你得享受生活啊 |
[00:34] | Detectives Morris and Baker? | 莫里斯和贝克警探 |
[00:36] | How’d we pull them two cases in a row? | 我们连续两回跟他们一起办案了 |
[00:38] | Yeah, just lucky, I guess. | 是啊 我想是运气好吧 |
[00:40] | – What do we got here? – Uh, two dead. | -什么情况 -两名死者 |
[00:43] | Dave Piaseki, 23, | 戴维·皮塞吉 23岁 |
[00:44] | and Linda Chapman, 22. | 琳达·查普曼 22岁 |
[00:45] | Both shot in the head. | 均为头部中枪 |
[00:46] | Liver temp and lividity puts it | 肝脏温度及尸斑表明 |
[00:47] | around 11:00 p.m. last night. | 死亡时间为昨晚11点 |
[00:49] | No witnesses. | 没有目击证人 |
[00:50] | Just a hiker found ’em and called it in. | 一个远足者发现了他们 报了警 |
[00:53] | So young. | 太年轻了 |
[00:54] | Dr. Hunt, how nice to see you again. | 亨特医生 见到你真是很高兴啊 |
[00:56] | Detective Morris. | 莫里斯警探 |
[00:59] | You almost sound sincere. | 我差点就以为你说的是真心话了 |
[01:00] | I hate to spoil this little reunion, | 我不想破坏重聚的喜悦 |
[01:03] | but you two wasted a trip. There’s no medical mystery here. | 但是你俩白来一趟 这没有医学难题 |
[01:05] | It’s a straight up murder-suicide. | 就是个谋杀后自杀的案子 |
[01:07] | She took the first bullet, | 她先中弹 |
[01:08] | and then he turned the gun on himself. | 然后他把枪口对准了自己 |
[01:09] | There’s powder burns on the right temple, | 右太阳穴有火药灼伤 |
[01:11] | and the gun is cradled in his right hand. | 枪被他攥在右手 |
[01:13] | He has bruising on his left knuckles | 他的左手指节有瘀伤 |
[01:16] | and a callus pattern that indicates | 和老茧都表明 |
[01:19] | he’s left-handed. | 他是左撇子 |
[01:20] | If you’re left-handed, | 如果你是左撇子 |
[01:22] | would you shoot yourself in the head with your right hand? | 你会用自己的右手爆自己的头吗 |
[01:25] | Doubtful. | 不太可能 |
[01:26] | Okay, bruises and calluses don’t make him left-handed. | 得 瘀伤和老茧也不能证明他是左撇子 |
[01:28] | True, but… | 没错 但是… |
[01:32] | carrying your wallet in your left back pocket does. | 把钱包放在裤子的左后口袋可以证明 |
[01:36] | So much for robbery. | 看来不是抢劫案了 |
[01:39] | Here we go again. | 又是这种情况 |
[01:40] | Autopsy’s in two hours. | 尸检两个小时后进行 |
[01:45] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[01:46] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[01:47] | Yeah, my hands are acting up again. | 我的手又有点僵 |
[01:55] | – Mom? – Lacey! | -妈妈 -莱西 |
[01:56] | Hi. I was hoping to get you before school. | 我想在你上学前跟你说两句话 |
[01:58] | Uh, dad’s waiting outside. | 爸爸在外面等我呢 |
[02:01] | I-I gotta go. | 我得挂了 |
[02:02] | – Um, I’m late. – I-I just wanted to know | -我要迟到了 -我就是想知道 |
[02:04] | if you wanted to get together after school today. | 你想不想放学后跟我聚聚 |
[02:06] | Uh, I have riding after school. | 放学后要去骑马 |
[02:08] | Uh, tomorrow? We could–we could have lunch. | 明天呢 我们可以一起吃午饭 |
[02:11] | Twist is right by your school. | 扭转餐厅就在你学校旁边 |
[02:12] | Uh… | 呃… |
[02:15] | Lace? | 莱西 |
[02:17] | Uh, okay, but I gotta go. Bye, Mom. | 好吧 我得挂了 拜 妈妈 |
[02:21] | Lace? | 莱西 |
[02:25] | Lunch? | 午饭 |
[02:27] | Remember you told me | 还记得你告诉我 |
[02:29] | – to give lacey something from my heart… – Mm-hmm. | -给莱西一个发自真心的 -嗯 |
[02:32] | – for her birthday? – Yeah. | -生日礼物吗 -是啊 |
[02:33] | Well, I gave her a key to my apartment. | 我把我公寓的钥匙给了她 |
[02:36] | And when I came home later, | 之后我回家发现 |
[02:38] | she had left me a piece of her birthday cake. | 她给我留了一块她的生日蛋糕 |
[02:40] | A key? | 一把钥匙 |
[02:41] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[02:44] | The point is, she’s giving me another chance. | 重点是她给了我第二次机会 |
[02:47] | Well, I’m glad to hear it, but just take it slow, okay? | 我为你高兴 但是慢慢来 好吗 |
[02:49] | Didn’t you just tell me to get a life? | 你刚刚不是让我享受生活吗 |
[02:52] | I’m trying. | 我在尝试着呢 |
[03:00] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[03:02] | Piaseki/Chapman murder-suicide? | 话说皮塞吉与查普曼谋杀后自杀的案子 |
[03:04] | Alleged murder-suicide. Yes? | 不靠谱的谋杀后自杀 怎么了 |
[03:06] | Get Ethan and Curtis to help you. | 让伊桑和柯蒂斯来帮你 |
[03:07] | I want this handled quickly and efficiently. | 我要你们迅速而有效地解决此案 |
[03:09] | When do I ever do otherwise? | 我什么时候不是这样啊 |
[03:11] | Well, then I have nothing to worry about, do I? | 那我就不必担心了 是吧 |
[03:16] | Just out of curiosity, | 好奇问一句 |
[03:17] | it’s not a coincidence that | 我们又接手莫里斯和贝克的案子 |
[03:19] | we pulled Morris and Baker, is it? | 不是巧合吧 |
[03:20] | I spoke to their Lieutenant. | 我跟他们的中尉谈过 |
[03:22] | We agree that you four seem to work well together. | 我们一致认为你们四个合作得不错 |
[03:24] | Unless you think otherwise? | 除非你不这么认为 |
[03:26] | I think if you’re trying to break Megan, it won’t work. | 我认为你在试图驯服她 不会有效果的 |
[03:28] | I’m not trying to break her. I’m trying to contain her. | 我没有试图驯服她 我是在试图抑制她 |
[03:30] | It’s better to knock heads with two detectives | 跟两位警探交恶 |
[03:31] | than the entire Philadelphia Police Department. | 总比跟整个费城警局交恶要好 |
[03:41] | You know, we have low fat. | 你知道咱们有低脂的 |
[03:43] | I like it sweet. | 我就喜欢高糖的 |
[03:48] | Got two bodies coming in. Suit up. | 两具尸体马上送来 换尸检服 |
[03:50] | I am your superior, you know? | 我是你的上级 你知道吧 |
[03:53] | Who keeps saying he wants to be called a doctor? | 是谁总说想被称为医生的 |
[03:55] | So come on. Show me what you got. | 那就来吧 让我看看你的本事 |
[03:58] | – Ooh. Yeah, show me what you got. – Oh, shut up. | -让我看看你的本事 -你给我闭嘴 |
[04:01] | So her bullet went in, | 她的子弹留在头内 |
[04:03] | and his… split in two. | 而他的…分成了两半 |
[04:05] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[04:07] | Well, pull ’em out. Have a look. | 那快取出来 好看一眼 |
[04:09] | All in good time, Detective. | 别急 警探 |
[04:13] | Dave Piaseki lived in Manayunk. | 戴维·皮塞吉住在马拉扬克 |
[04:15] | Uh, first generation Polish. | 第一代波兰移民 |
[04:16] | Parents dead, no siblings. | 父母死了 没有兄弟姐妹 |
[04:18] | His landlord confirms that he was left-handed. | 他的房东确认他是左撇子 |
[04:23] | Um, Linda Chapman’s father is Al Chapman, | 琳达·查普曼的父亲叫艾尔·查普曼 |
[04:26] | real estate developer. | 是房地产开发商 |
[04:28] | Uh, evidently, they were an item back in the day. | 据说 他俩曾经是情侣 |
[04:31] | She went to Springside, | 她去了春天庭院女校 |
[04:33] | and he went to Roxborough. | 而他去了罗克斯伯勒高中 |
[04:34] | That’s the opposite sides of the tracks. | 那可是各奔东西 天各一方了 |
[04:36] | How’d they meet? | 他们是怎么又碰上的 |
[04:37] | According to the Chapmans, they met right where they died. | 查普曼夫妇说 他们就约在事发地见面 |
[04:40] | Valley Green was a teen hangout for years. | 绿谷是他们少年时常去的地方 |
[04:43] | The press is already short-stroking it as a murder-suicide. | 媒体已把本案当谋杀后自杀大肆报道了 |
[04:46] | Oh. I wonder how they got that idea. | 真不知道他们是怎么想出来的 |
[04:48] | She dumped him, that’s how. | 原因很简单 她把他甩了 |
[04:50] | She’s rich, he’s poor. | 她有钱 他没钱 |
[04:52] | She goes to college, and he joins the navy | 她去上大学了 而他去当了海军 |
[04:55] | and has held nothing but grunt construction jobs | 离开军队后也只能在建筑工地里 |
[04:58] | since he got out. | 干些苦力活 |
[04:58] | He kept a candle burning, she rejected him a second time, | 他对她旧情未灭 可她却再次拒绝了他 |
[05:01] | and then he takes them both out. What’s the mystery? | 于是他就但求同日死 有什么不好想的 |
[05:05] | There’s a dry patch on the left forearm | 左前臂上有一块干皮 |
[05:08] | possibly eczema or contact dermatitis. | 可能是湿疹或者接触性皮炎 |
[05:11] | Navy tattoo on the right. | 右臂上是海军的纹身 |
[05:14] | Ethan, got anything? | 伊桑 你那边查得如何 |
[05:16] | She has a scar on her spine | 她脊柱上有道疤 |
[05:18] | – from an old operation. – Her makeup’s a mess. | -是以前的手术留下的 -妆都花掉了 |
[05:20] | And until recently, she wore hair extensions. | 而且之前她的长发是接的发片 |
[05:22] | She’s got traction alopecia. | 导致她出现牵引创伤性脱发症状 |
[05:24] | She was a beautiful girl. | 她生前是个很美的姑娘 |
[05:29] | – Got the bullet. – Bullet. | -取出子弹 -子弹 |
[05:32] | Look, this is all very touching, | 听着 这是挺感人的 |
[05:34] | but Piaseki’s prints are on the gun. | 但是枪上有皮塞吉的指纹 |
[05:37] | I haven’t heard anything | 我也没听到任何证据能证明 |
[05:38] | that disproves murder-suicide. | 此案不是谋杀后自杀 |
[05:40] | You may be right, detective. | 你或许是对的 警探 |
[05:47] | But then again… | 不过嘛 |
[05:51] | maybe not. | 也或许是错的 |
[05:58] | That bullet didn’t split in two. | 子弹没有碎成两半 |
[06:00] | Those are two separate rounds. | 根本就是开了两枪 |
[06:01] | So unless he shot himself in the head twice, | 所以呢 除非他有本事冲自己连开两枪 |
[06:04] | it wasn’t a murder-suicide. | 不然这压根就不是谋杀后自杀 |
[06:07] | This is straight up murder. | 而是真真正正的谋杀案 |
[06:25] | So what do we have? Peter? | 咱们手头上都有什么资料 彼得 |
[06:27] | The scar down Linda’s spine was | 琳达脊柱上的疤是 |
[06:28] | from a childhood accident. | 她儿时的一次意外事故留下的 |
[06:30] | She was hit by a car, broke her neck in three places. | 她出了车祸 颈椎断了三处 |
[06:33] | That would explain the rods. | 难怪这里有些支撑杆 |
[06:34] | She had healed mallory-weiss tears. | 她曾患贲门黏膜撕裂综合征 后痊愈 |
[06:38] | Uh, it’s a bleeding in the mucosa at the junction | 就是食管和胃部接合处的 |
[06:41] | of the esophagus and the stomach. | 粘膜出血现象 |
[06:42] | Caused by vomiting, | 一般由呕吐引起 |
[06:44] | typically from bulimia, alcoholism, or pregnancy. | 常见于暴食症患者 酗酒者 或孕妇 |
[06:47] | Yes, but she wasn’t pregnant, | 没错 不过她没怀孕 |
[06:49] | and bulimia and alcoholism | 而暴食症和酗酒 |
[06:50] | would’ve shown signs of damage in the organs. | 会在器官组织上留下损伤 |
[06:53] | What about Dave? | 戴维那边呢 |
[06:55] | Uh, some recent respiratory complaints in his file. | 档案显示他最近有些呼吸道疾病 |
[06:57] | – That’s about it. – Was he a smoker? | -没别的了 -他抽烟吗 |
[06:59] | – No. – But he was in the navy, | -不 -但是他当过海军啊 |
[07:00] | and those guys.. I mean, | 那群家伙 我的意思是 |
[07:01] | they’re exposed to everything, right? | 他们有什么事是没干过的 是吧 |
[07:02] | Yeah, but I didn’t find any plaques on the pleural surfaces. | 但我在胸膜表面没有发现任何斑点 |
[07:05] | Now… what do we think of these? | 还有 这个你们怎么看 |
[07:09] | Their last meal… burgers and green french fries. | 他们最后的晚餐是汉堡和绿色的薯条 |
[07:13] | Anybody know where | 有人知道哪里 |
[07:14] | that particular happy meal is served? | 卖这种快乐儿童餐吗 |
[07:17] | I’ll get Bud and Sam on it. | 我让布达和萨姆去查 |
[07:18] | – You two get busy on Dave’s lungs. – Sure. | -你们俩去检查戴维的肺部吧 -好 |
[07:21] | Oh, no. I am not approving any unnecessary tests. | 先说好 我不会批准任何不必要的检测 |
[07:26] | Curtis? | 柯蒂斯 |
[07:28] | Haven’t you ever wanted | 你有没有那种想跟 |
[07:30] | a second chance with your first love? | 初恋重温鸳梦的想法 |
[07:33] | Those two people will never have that chance again, | 这两个人已经永远没有这个机会了 |
[07:36] | and I wanna know who took it away from them. | 而我想查出是谁害这对鸳鸯含恨而亡 |
[07:37] | You’re just trying to suck me in to your crime-solving cult. | 你是在忽悠我跟你一样痴迷侦探破案吗 |
[07:40] | No, I’m trying to get you | 不 我是要让你 |
[07:42] | to act like a doctor who gives a damn. | 像个医生的样 在乎这件事 |
[07:56] | Green french fries, huh? | 绿色炸薯条啊 |
[07:58] | Irish pub maybe? | 会是爱尔兰酒吧吗 |
[08:00] | Either that or Dr. Seuss just opened up a restaurant. | 要不就是苏斯博士新开的饭店 |
[08:04] | Either way, it’s food dye, huh? | 反正不就是用点食用色素么 是吧 |
[08:06] | Think so? | 你也这么想 |
[08:08] | – He’s from Manayunk, huh? – Yeah. | -他是马拉杨克来的对吗 -是的 |
[08:10] | You ever been to Manayunk Avenue on a weekend night? | 你有在周末晚上去过马拉杨克大街吗 |
[08:12] | Nope. | 没有 |
[08:13] | It’s all burgers and fries… and water ice. | 满大街都在卖汉堡 薯条和刨冰啊 |
[08:25] | Mr. And Mrs. Chapman, | 查普曼先生和太太 |
[08:26] | I know this is difficult for you. | 我知道你们现在很难过 |
[08:37] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[08:39] | I’m Dr. Hunt. | 我是亨特医生 |
[08:40] | I’ll be handling your daughter’s case. | 我将负责你们女儿的案子 |
[08:44] | I’m very sorry about your loss. | 我很为你们难过 请节哀 |
[08:49] | I, um… | 我 |
[08:51] | I practically taught her how to walk again | 在她手术之后 我几乎是手把手教会她 |
[08:53] | after her operation. | 如何再次站起来走路 |
[08:56] | She was my baby. | 她是我的宝贝女儿 |
[08:58] | I was her protector. | 我总是保护她 |
[09:03] | I just couldn’t protect her from that boy. | 可我没能保护好她不受那男孩的伤害 |
[09:06] | We thought Dave got the message | 我们以为高中时琳达跟他分手后 |
[09:08] | after Linda broke up with him in high school. | 戴维会明白过来呢 |
[09:11] | But we were wrong. | 但是我们错了 |
[09:13] | If he couldn’t have Linda, | 他自己得不到琳达 |
[09:16] | no one would. | 便让所有人都得不到 |
[09:20] | Oh, when can we have her? | 我们什么时候能带走她的尸体 |
[09:22] | We… we just want to put our baby to rest. | 我们只想让我们的宝贝女儿安息 |
[09:25] | I’m afraid that’s not going to happen | 恐怕要等到调查结束 |
[09:26] | – until the investigation’s over. – What investigation? | -才可以 -什么调查 |
[09:29] | He killed our daughter. | 我们女儿就是他杀的 |
[09:32] | The story that the news is reporting is wrong. | 新闻报道的内容是错的 |
[09:36] | This was a double homicide. | 这是一起双尸命案 |
[09:39] | Now I know you already spoke to the police, | 我知道你们已经跟警方谈过了 |
[09:41] | but is there anything else you can tell me | 但你们是否愿意再提供一些线索 |
[09:43] | that would help us in our investigation? | 以协助我们展开调查 |
[09:45] | Like what? | 哪方面的 |
[09:46] | Dave was Linda’s past. | 戴维是琳达的旧情人 |
[09:48] | Who was her present? Was she seeing anybody? | 那她的现任是谁 她生前有男朋友吗 |
[09:52] | Brian Hall. | 布莱恩·霍尔 |
[09:54] | He owns a restaurant downtown. | 他是市中心一家餐厅的老板 |
[09:57] | Linda worked as a hostess there last year | 琳达去年申请法学院的时候 |
[09:59] | while she was applying to law schools. | 在那里做过招待 |
[10:03] | But she ended it with him months ago. | 但她几个月前就和他分手了 |
[10:11] | – Is there… – It’s all right. | -有没有… -先到这里吧 |
[10:13] | We can do this another time. | 我们另找时间再谈 |
[10:14] | And I promise you, we will get | 我向二位保证 我们会全力以赴 |
[10:15] | your daughter to you as soon as we can. | 尽快让二位接回爱女 |
[10:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:28] | So where are the police on this? | 负责这个案子的警察呢 |
[10:29] | Running down Dave and Linda’s last meal. | 正在追查戴维和琳达最后一餐的出处 |
[10:31] | I saw healed mallory-weiss tears on the prelim. | 她的尸检显示曾患贲门黏膜撕裂综合征 |
[10:34] | Maybe you and Peter should go find this Brian Hall | 你和彼得应该去见见那个布莱恩·霍尔 |
[10:35] | and see what Linda was really doing to herself. | 查查琳达到底怎么会得这个病 |
[10:37] | Hmm. Exactly what I was thinking. | 我也是这么想的 |
[10:47] | Yeah, poor Linda. I heard about it on the news. | 哦 可怜的琳达 我在新闻看到了 |
[10:49] | You know, but I haven’t seen her since we broke up. | 但是 分手以后我就没见过她 |
[10:51] | – When was that? – Three months ago. | -什么时候分的手 -三个月前 |
[10:53] | When you were dating, | 你们在一起的时候 |
[10:54] | did you notice anything wrong with her? | 你有没有发现她有什么问题 |
[10:56] | Like, drinking too much or not eating? | 比如是酗酒或节食之类的 |
[10:59] | Yeah, not eating wasn’t exactly Linda’s problem, so… | 琳达根本不需要节食吧 |
[11:02] | You wanna watch out. That’ll stain your clothes. | 小心点 别把衣服弄脏了 |
[11:05] | We clean the bar top with lemon and baking soda. | 我们用柠檬和苏打粉来清洁吧台 |
[11:09] | Must take all day. | 得忙一整天吧 |
[11:11] | It…it takes two days, actually. Off-hours. | 实际上忙了两天 得趁客人少时才能干 |
[11:13] | It’s my annual nightmare. | 这是每年最让我头疼的事情 |
[11:15] | So if you don’t mind… | 要是二位不介意 |
[11:19] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[11:25] | You have beautiful hair. | 你的头发真好看 |
[11:27] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[11:29] | And that is some dress. | 衣服也很漂亮 |
[11:31] | It’s a…it’s the uniform. | 这是…这是工作服 |
[11:33] | Some uniform. | 这么漂亮的工作服啊 |
[11:35] | Well, Brian, he…he insists. | 布莱恩坚持要我穿的 |
[11:40] | So what was Linda’s problem? | 琳达到底有什么问题 |
[11:42] | Hell, man, what are you asking me all these questions for? | 见鬼 哥们 你问我有什么用 |
[11:44] | I thought a medical examiner cut up bodies. | 你们法官不是会解剖吗 |
[11:46] | I’m not an M.E. I’m a medicolegal investigator. | 我不是法医 我是法医调查员 |
[11:48] | I investigate anything to do with a suspicious death. | 我负责所有可疑死亡案的相关调查 |
[11:51] | Or in this case, two. | 至于本案 则是两例死者 |
[11:52] | What do you mean suspicious? | “可疑”是什么意思 |
[11:53] | It was a murder-suicide. | 不是谋杀后自杀吗 |
[11:54] | No, it wasn’t. | 不是的 |
[11:56] | Is being so… thin part of the uniform? | 穿这件工作服得身材超级瘦才行吧 |
[12:01] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[12:04] | What happens when you don’t do what Brian wants? | 如果你不听布莱恩的话会怎样 |
[12:07] | Nina. | 妮娜 |
[12:09] | Don’t say a damn word. | 半个字都不要说 |
[12:10] | Look, I told you I never met Dave Piaseki, | 我说过我从没见过戴维·皮塞吉 |
[12:13] | and I haven’t seen Linda in months. | 我也好几个月没见过琳达了 |
[12:16] | Now… get the hell out of my restaurant. | 你们马上从我的餐厅滚出去 |
[12:24] | Eric Singleton? | 艾瑞克·辛莱顿 |
[12:26] | Who wants to know? | 你是哪位 |
[12:29] | Were you at, uh, | 你昨晚去过 |
[12:30] | Tom’s Burgers on Manayunk Avenue last night? | 马拉杨克大街的汤姆汉堡店吗 |
[12:34] | I can’t remember. | 我记不清了 |
[12:35] | Try remembering these two. | 回忆一下这两个人的模样 |
[12:37] | We have witnesses | 据目击者称 |
[12:38] | that say you had words with, uh, Dave Piaseki. | 你和戴维·皮塞吉说过话 |
[12:44] | – So what? – So what happened? | -那又怎样 -你们之间出了什么事 |
[12:46] | He should’ve known better, | 他应该打听清楚 |
[12:47] | bringing his black bitch into our neighborhood. | 把黑鬼娘们带到老子的地盘会是什么下场 |
[12:51] | What are you… | 你要干什么 |
[12:54] | I think you had more than words. | 你们不仅仅是聊了两句吧 |
[12:57] | Oh. Dave got the better of you, didn’t he? | 戴维占了上风 对吧 |
[12:59] | Then you went after him with a gun. | 然后你带着枪想要追杀他 |
[13:01] | The only thing I don’t know… | 唯一令我不解的是 |
[13:03] | is how you two geniuses actually found him. | 你俩这脑残样 是怎么找到他的 |
[13:08] | Three. | 三 |
[13:10] | There we go. | 骑上来了 |
[13:18] | I don’t think this is a good idea. | 这样做不太好吧 |
[13:20] | What’s the big deal? It was on the way. | 顺路过来看一下有什么大不了 |
[13:22] | It’s like dating. You don’t turn up on a girl’s doorstep | 就像是约会 你不能一拿到女孩的电话 |
[13:24] | right after she gave you her number. | 就立刻登门拜访 |
[13:25] | I’m not dating my daughter. I just wanna say Hi. | 我没和我女儿约会 我只想打个招呼 |
[13:30] | Megan, correct me if I’m wrong, | 梅根 没记错的话 |
[13:32] | but she lives with her dad. | 她和爸爸住在一起 |
[13:34] | She blames you for the divorce. | 她把离婚的责任归咎于你 |
[13:35] | And after five years, she’s finally opening up. | 她用了五年才最终释怀 |
[13:37] | I don’t think this is the time to push your luck. | 你别太得寸进尺了 |
[13:44] | You know, I was meeting some of my friends later, | 我稍后约了几个朋友见面 |
[13:46] | – And I was wondering… – Hi, Lace! | -我想问… -你好 莱西 |
[13:49] | Mom? What are you doing here? | 妈妈 你怎么来了 |
[13:51] | You said you had your lesson today. | 我过来看看你上课的情况 |
[13:55] | Yeah, but I’m not supposed to meet you till tomorrow. | 但我以为我们该明天才能见面 |
[13:59] | Who’s that? | 他是谁 |
[14:00] | – Mom! – I’m sorry. I just thought I’d… | -妈妈 -抱歉 我只是考虑 |
[14:02] | No, you didn’t think, mom. | 不 妈妈 你没考虑过 |
[14:03] | You didn’t think at all. | 你完全不考虑我的感受 |
[14:23] | I may never have been a neurosurgeon like you, | 我或许不是跟你一样牛的神经外科医生 |
[14:26] | But I am a doctor, and I do care. | 但我也是医生 我也在乎的 |
[14:29] | Check Linda’s teeth. | 检查一下琳达的牙齿 |
[14:31] | If she was throwing up to lose weight, | 如果她曾用催吐法减肥 |
[14:34] | the stomach acid would’ve eroded the enamel. | 胃酸会腐蚀珐琅质 |
[14:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:40] | What are you looking for? | 那你又在找什么 |
[14:41] | Soap. | 肥皂 |
[15:20] | You were right. | 你说的没错 |
[15:21] | There are signs of erosion of the enamel | 她的下颌牙上的确有 |
[15:23] | On her lower molars. | 釉质腐蚀迹象 |
[15:24] | And what does that tell you… doctor? | 这说明什么 医生 |
[15:28] | It confirms bulimia, but not long-term. | 肯定是暴食症 但时间不长 |
[15:31] | More like she just started. | 应该是才开始的 |
[15:33] | About a year, I bet. | 我估摸着 大概是一年左右 |
[15:34] | Right after she started working for Brian Hall. | 正好是她开始为布莱恩·霍尔工作之后 |
[15:37] | Hmm. What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[15:41] | A residue of potassium bitartrate, | 酒石酸氢钾的残留物 |
[15:44] | Sodium bicarbonate, and… | 小苏打 还有 |
[15:47] | Lemon– | 柠檬 |
[15:48] | The stuff Hall uses to clean his bar, | 是霍尔用来清洗吧台的东西 |
[15:50] | Which means… | 也就是说 |
[15:53] | Dave was in that restaurant | 大卫被杀当天 |
[15:55] | the day he was murdered. | 去过那家餐厅 |
[16:07] | One thing you need to know about me, detectives, | 警探 我这个人有个特点就是 |
[16:09] | is when I promise something, I deliver. | 一旦许下承诺就决不食言 |
[16:11] | And I promised the Chapmans they’ll have | 我向查普曼夫妇保证过会尽快让他们 |
[16:13] | their daughter back soon, so where are we? | 把女儿接回去 进展如何 |
[16:15] | Their last meal was in Manayunk. | 他们最后一餐是在马拉杨克吃的 |
[16:16] | Those weren’t green fries, by the way. | 对了 那些也不是绿色薯条 |
[16:18] | They’d had lime water ice. | 他们吃了酸橙沙冰 |
[16:19] | Dave got into a fight with | 戴维和一个叫 |
[16:19] | 以光头为标志 信奉种族优越主义的组织 | |
[16:20] | a Skinhead named Eric Singleton. | 艾瑞克·辛莱顿的光头党打了一架 |
[16:22] | He’s got a sheet, but he also has two Skinhead friends | 已把他记录在案 但他两个光头党朋友 |
[16:25] | who swear they never left Manayunk that night. | 发誓声称他们当晚从未离开过马拉杨克 |
[16:28] | We assume they’re lying, | 他们应该在撒谎 |
[16:29] | but he has no connection to the gun, | 但没找到他跟那把枪的关系 |
[16:31] | – and we have nothing solid to hold him on. – And you? | -而且没有任何证据能扣留他 -你呢 |
[16:34] | Linda was bulimic. | 琳达曾患有暴食症 |
[16:35] | All signs are it started | 种种迹象表明她是跟 |
[16:36] | when she hooked up | 某餐厅老板布莱恩·霍尔交往后 |
[16:38] | with a restaurateur named Brian Hall. | 才开始出现相关症状的 |
[16:39] | You didn’t say anything about that yesterday. | 你昨天为什么不说 |
[16:41] | We didn’t confirm bulimia until last night | 我们昨晚才确定她有暴食症 |
[16:43] | because her body has had three months | 因为尸检显示她已不再节食挨饿 |
[16:45] | to recover from starving itself. | 并康复了三个月之久了 |
[16:47] | The same three months since she broke up with Hall. | 正好她与霍尔分手也有三个月了 |
[16:49] | He’s a control freak with a temper. | 此人控制欲强 性情暴躁 |
[16:51] | But most importantly, | 而且最重要的是 |
[16:53] | Dave Piaseki was in his restaurant | 戴维·皮塞吉被谋杀当晚曾经 |
[16:55] | – the night of the murder. – How do you know that? | -去过他的餐厅 -你是怎么知道的 |
[16:57] | The stainless steel bar. | 通过不锈钢制的吧台 |
[16:58] | They’ve been cleaning it for the past two days | 他们过去两天一直在清洁吧台 |
[17:00] | with lemon, cream of tartar, and baking soda. | 用的是柠檬 酒石和小苏打 |
[17:04] | It left a residue on Dave’s arm. | 在戴维的手臂上找到了相关残留物 |
[17:06] | Well, I guess we’re gonna go check out Brian Hall. | 那我们得去会会布莱恩·霍尔了 |
[17:12] | Hey, Curtis, check this out. | 柯蒂斯 看看这个 |
[17:13] | I found the cause of Dave’s respiratory problems. | 我找到戴维呼吸不适的原因了 |
[17:15] | Amphiboles in the alveoli. | 肺泡里发现角闪石 |
[17:17] | Asbestos? | 石棉肺吗 |
[17:18] | Yeah, and not from his navy days either. | 对 但不是当海军时落下的 |
[17:20] | These are fresh. | 是刚患上的 |
[17:21] | Just a few weeks old. Hello? | 只有几周而已 还没想起来吗 |
[17:24] | He worked construction. | 他之前当过建筑工 |
[17:26] | – What you want me to do about it? – Come with me. | -那你拉着我干什么 -跟我来 |
[17:28] | Where, out there? | 去哪里 去工地吗 |
[17:31] | What am I, Nancy Drew all of a sudden? | 你以为我是南希·茱尔吗 |
[17:33] | I don’t even know what you’re talking about. | 我根本不知道你在说什么 |
[17:35] | I’m talking about you threatening Linda so much, | 我在说你曾对琳达严加威胁 |
[17:38] | She disconnected her phone. | 以至于她停掉自己的手机 |
[17:39] | I’m talking about you threatening her | 两个月前你甚至曾当着她邻居的面 |
[17:40] | – in front of her neighbors two months ago. – Old news. | -威胁她 -那都是老黄历了 |
[17:43] | Then why lie about it? | 那你又为什么说谎呢 |
[17:45] | You don’t exactly advertise when your ex turns up dead. | 前女友都死了谁还敢大肆宣扬这种事啊 |
[17:47] | What did Dave come here to talk to you about? | 戴维过来跟你说了什么 |
[17:49] | Blow a lot of hot air. | 放了点狠话 |
[17:51] | You mean he threatened you if you didn’t leave Linda alone. | 你是说他叫你离琳达远点儿 |
[17:53] | Nobody threatens me. | 没人敢威胁我 |
[17:54] | Oh, and lives to tell about it. | 人都死了你当然可以这样讲 |
[18:00] | You know what I think? | 你知道我是怎么想的吗 |
[18:02] | I think that Dave kept a candle burning for Linda. | 我觉得戴维一直对琳达旧情未灭 |
[18:05] | Three months ago, he tracks her down, | 三个月前 他打听到她的下落 |
[18:07] | only to find out | 却惊异地发现 |
[18:08] | She’s involved with a guy who inflates his own ego | 她跟一个狂妄自大的男人在一起 |
[18:11] | by making women feel bad about themselves. | 那人引以为豪的本事就是逼女人看低自己 |
[18:15] | What pissed you off more, Brian– | 布莱恩 究竟那一件事能更让你生气 |
[18:17] | Linda leaving or Dave opening her eyes? | 是琳达离开你 还是戴维让她幡然醒悟 |
[18:21] | You think you got it all figured out, huh? | 你自以为无所不知 是吧 |
[18:24] | Except for the part that I didn’t kill them. | 可惜杀他们的人不是我 |
[18:27] | Then you won’t mind telling us where you were two nights ago. | 那就告诉我们两天前的晚上你在哪里 |
[18:30] | Nina. | 妮娜 |
[18:32] | Get your ass over here. | 快滚过来 |
[18:37] | Tell ’em where I was two nights ago, baby. | 宝贝 告诉他们两天前的晚上我在哪里 |
[18:42] | With me. | 和我在一起 |
[18:49] | So now we have two suspects with shaky alibis. | 两个嫌疑人不在场证明都很可疑 |
[18:52] | Oh, I found her very credible. | 我觉得那女的挺可靠 |
[18:54] | I’ll have another talk with her. | 我会再找她谈的 |
[18:56] | Knock yourself out, but Singleton’s our guy. | 你别管了 凶手就是辛莱顿 |
[19:00] | How are you gonna get her away from Brian? | 你怎么才能让她离开布莱恩的视线 |
[19:01] | I’m not. You are. | 我不去 你出马 |
[19:07] | Come on. Admit it. She got to you, didn’t she? | 承认吧 你可佩服她了 |
[19:10] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. No, you said… | -我不知道你在说什么 -是你说的 |
[19:12] | “Who am I, Nancy Drew all of a sudden?” | 你以为我是南希·茱尔吗 |
[19:14] | I would’ve gone Hardy boys, by the way, | 要是我会说哈迪兄弟[侦探小说中人物] |
[19:15] | – But that’s just me. – You know what I meant. | -个人喜好啦 -你懂我的意思 |
[19:17] | That’s who we seem to be working for | 我说的南希·茱尔是那个 |
[19:19] | these days–Nancy Drew. | 最近把我们指使得团团转的人 |
[19:20] | Which is an interesting thing for you to say | 所以你这么说才好笑嘛 |
[19:22] | considering you are the Deputy Chief. | 因为你是副主任 |
[19:24] | You know, your mouth won’t be | 如果我把脚放到你嘴里 |
[19:25] | flapping so much with my foot in it. | 你就不会那么碎嘴了 |
[19:27] | It’s like she has some strange power over us. Here. | 好像她有某种支配我们的魔力 拿着 |
[19:30] | Give me that hard hat. | 把那顶安全帽给我 |
[19:31] | – This one? – That one. | -是这顶吗 -那顶 |
[19:33] | – This one? – That one. | -这顶 -那顶 |
[19:36] | – You sure it’s gonna fit? – Give me the hat. | -你确定你戴的下吗 -把帽子给我 |
[19:38] | You got a big head. | 你的头很大啊 |
[19:41] | Let’s see if this is where Dave got his asbestos poisoning. | 咱们看看戴维是不是在这里吸入的石棉 |
[19:45] | Hey! | 喂 |
[19:47] | What are you doing?! | 你们在干什么 |
[19:48] | Cur-curtis! Curtis! | 柯 柯蒂斯 柯蒂斯 |
[19:49] | What are you doing?! | 你们在干什么 |
[19:50] | Cur–go! | 柯 快跑 |
[19:52] | This is private property! Get back here! | 这是私人物业 给我回来 |
[19:54] | – Don’t close the gate on me! – Get back here! | -别把出口关上 -你们给我回来 |
[19:57] | – Curtis, Curtis! – Hey, what are you doing?! | -柯蒂斯 柯蒂斯 -你们在干什么 |
[20:00] | Sorry about yesterday. | 关于昨天的事 我很抱歉 |
[20:05] | – What’s his name? – Who? | -他叫什么名字 -谁 |
[20:07] | The boy I saw you talking to. | 那个我看见的 和你说话的男孩 |
[20:09] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[20:12] | You don’t know or you don’t want to tell me? | 是不知道还是你不想告诉我 |
[20:13] | Can we just eat lunch, please? | 我们能专心只吃饭吗 拜托了 |
[20:16] | I’m sorry. I just… | 对不起 我只是 |
[20:20] | There’s so much I wanna know. | 我想太了解关于你的情况 |
[20:22] | Why? You never cared before. | 为什么 你以前从不关心的 |
[20:23] | That’s not true. | 不是那样的 |
[20:24] | You were too busy with work. That’s what the judge said. | 你工作太投入了 法官是这么说的 |
[20:26] | I missed that court date because I was a surgeon. | 那天我没有出庭 是因为我是外科医生 |
[20:29] | I was saving someone’s life. | 我当时在救死扶伤 |
[20:30] | You missed more than one, and I don’t care. | 你错过的又不止这一次 我不在乎 |
[20:32] | You don’t get to tell me how to feel. God… | 不用你来告诉我应该怎么想 老天 |
[20:35] | I knew this would happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[20:44] | How do you feel? | 那你是怎么想的 |
[20:46] | Like I can’t breathe. So just back off, okay? | 我感觉憋得慌 所以离我远点 好吗 |
[20:54] | Look, I’m not ready for this, so I’m just gonna go. | 听着 我还没做好准备 我先走了 |
[20:58] | Thanks for lunch. | 谢谢你的招待 |
[21:48] | Gunshot residue? | 枪击残留物 |
[21:53] | The killer closed her eyes. | 凶手合上了她的眼睛 |
[22:11] | It’s too bad you can’t get a print off the eyelid. | 真可惜你无法从眼皮上获取指纹 |
[22:13] | Well, I did swab for D.N.A. | 我有揩拭过以寻找DNA |
[22:16] | Hey, he must’ve been sweating | 凶手肯定出了不少手汗 |
[22:18] | to take off that much eye shadow. | 才能弄掉那么多眼影 |
[22:19] | So if we’re lucky, | 若是走运的话 |
[22:20] | we’ll get a stray epithelial or two. | 没准我们能找到些零星的上皮组织 |
[22:22] | You still think it’s Brian Hall? | 你还是认为凶手是布莱恩·霍尔吗 |
[22:24] | It’s a theory, | 理论上如此 |
[22:25] | assuming his new girlfriend is lying for him. | 前提是假定他新女友在为他撒谎 |
[22:26] | But in order to prove that, | 但为求得证明 |
[22:30] | I’m gonna need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[22:34] | Seen your friend Eric lately? | 最近见过你的朋友艾瑞克吗 |
[22:37] | We’ve been checking up on you, Lonny. | 我们查过你的底 朗尼 |
[22:40] | It turns out your Dad is still, uh, | 发现你爸爸至今还觉得 |
[22:42] | declaring you as a dependent. | 你需要接受供养 |
[22:43] | Which, seeing as you’re not, | 要是被他发现实际情况并非如此 |
[22:44] | makes him heading upstate if you don’t talk to us. | 恐怕他得过来跟你算账了 你自己斟酌 |
[22:46] | Look, I never wanted to go after that guy in the first place. | 我从一开始就不想跟着那个家伙 |
[22:50] | Spell it out, Lonny. | 继续说 朗尼 |
[22:52] | Eric had it in for that guy | 那人带着黑人小妞 |
[22:54] | as soon as he showed up with that black chick. | 刚一出现 艾瑞克就和他卯上了 |
[22:56] | Isn’t this sweet? A couple of lovebirds | 多甜蜜啊 热恋中的情侣 |
[22:59] | He and Eric had words outside Tom’s, | 他和艾瑞克在汤姆饭店外面讲话 |
[23:01] | but the girl pulled him into the water ice shop. | 但那个女孩把他拖进了刨冰店 |
[23:02] | Let’s go get Eric some water ice. Come on. | 我们给艾瑞克买点刨冰 快点 |
[23:06] | We were just hassling them. | 我们只是逗逗他们 |
[23:09] | Then Eric says we’re gonna jump them | 然后艾瑞克说等他们一出来 |
[23:10] | when they come out. | 我们冲上去突袭他们 |
[23:11] | So… we did. | 所以 我们就照做了 |
[23:12] | Or we tried to. | 或者说 我们试着这么做了 |
[23:15] | Eric made his move, and the guy just nailed him. | 艾瑞克先动的手 但被那人一招办挺 |
[23:17] | Pow. It was fast. | 就一拳 眨眼之间 |
[23:19] | Eric dropped to his knees. | 艾瑞克就跪到地上了 |
[23:22] | That’s it? Come on, Lonny, | 就这样吗 拜托 朗尼 |
[23:24] | your Dad’s still heading upstate | 你得再提供点有用信息 |
[23:25] | unless you give us something we can use. | 不然你老爸还是得跑一趟 |
[23:38] | Yesterday, Eric showed up with blood on his jacket. | 昨天 艾瑞克出现时夹克上沾着血 |
[23:40] | He ditched it just before you guys got there. | 在你们来之前他刚把衣服丢掉 |
[23:53] | Make sure you get the bottom of that one over there. | 那边的袋子也记得兜底查一查 |
[23:56] | Nothing. | 没发现 |
[23:57] | – Yeah, we– – Detectives! | -是啊 我们 -警探 |
[24:08] | Here you go. | 就是这件 |
[24:09] | Now that’s what I call probable cause. | 这就是我说的判罪依据啦 |
[24:20] | Ironworks Restaurant. | 钢铁工厂餐厅 |
[24:21] | This is Nina. Can I help you? | 我是妮娜 能为您效劳吗 |
[24:22] | Uh, Nina, my name is Eddie Davis. | 妮娜 我叫埃迪·戴维斯 |
[24:23] | I, uh, live on north Newkirk, | 我住在纽柯克北部 |
[24:24] | just down the street from Brian. | 就是布莱恩住的那条街的另一头 |
[24:26] | Yeah, I’m calling ’cause his house is on fire. | 我打电话来是因为他的房子着火了 |
[24:29] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[24:31] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[24:55] | Nina. | 妮娜 |
[24:57] | I have nothing to say to you. | 我跟你无话可说 |
[24:59] | Are you willing to listen? | 那你愿意听我说吗 |
[25:10] | What am I doing here? | 带我来这儿干嘛 |
[25:12] | I want you to meet someone. | 我想让你见一个人 |
[25:17] | This is Linda Chapman. | 这是琳达·查普曼 |
[25:19] | You know who she is? | 你认识她 是吧 |
[25:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:24] | Extensions, bulimia, the uniform– | 加班 暴食症 还有那个工作服 |
[25:27] | It’s all Brian, isn’t it? | 都是因为布莱恩 对吧 |
[25:32] | She’s a beautiful girl. | 她是个漂亮的女孩 |
[25:34] | So are you. | 你也是 |
[25:36] | And I can’t stand the thought of him doing to you | 而我无法想象他正对你做出 |
[25:38] | what he did to Linda. | 曾经琳达也承受过的事情 |
[25:42] | Do you have somebody to help you, Nina? | 你有可以求助的亲友吗 妮娜 |
[25:49] | Has Brian threatened you | 是不是布莱恩曾威胁过你 |
[25:51] | if you try to leave him like Linda did? | 因为你想和琳达一样离他而去 |
[25:56] | I don’t know how to get away from him. | 我不知道如何摆脱他 |
[25:58] | We do, and we’ll help you, | 我们明白 我们可以帮你 |
[26:00] | with counseling, with resources, | 通过心理咨询 通过各种资源 |
[26:02] | with whatever you need. | 尽量为你提供所有必需的帮助 |
[26:05] | Listen, we’ve all done stupid things for men, | 我们都曾经为男人做过傻事 |
[26:07] | but don’t let this jerk tell you how to feel about yourself. | 但不能让这个混蛋来决定你对自己的看法 |
[26:14] | Oh, God. | 哦 上帝呀 |
[26:18] | You’re safe now. Okay? | 你现在已经安全了 知道吗 |
[26:21] | And you can tell us the truth. | 你可以告诉我们事情的真相 |
[26:24] | Was Brian with you the night of the murders? | 谋杀案那天晚上 布莱恩跟你在一起吗 |
[26:29] | Yeah, he was. | 是的 他跟我在一起 |
[26:31] | He really was. I’m sorry. | 他确实跟我在一起 对不起 |
[26:34] | He… he won’t let me out of his sight. | 他 他不让我离开他的视线 |
[26:39] | Okay, listen, I’m gonna send you to the women’s shelter. | 你听好 我会送你去妇女庇护中心 |
[26:41] | There’s a woman there named Ann White, | 那儿有一个叫安·怀特的女士 |
[26:43] | and she’ll take care of you. | 她会帮你安顿好的 |
[26:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:47] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[27:00] | Looks like you need a new theory. | 貌似你需要另须出路了 |
[27:19] | Okay, now these are the amphiboles | 这是我在戴维的肺里 |
[27:22] | I found in Dave’s lungs. | 发现的角闪石 |
[27:23] | You can see some grains of sand and pollen, too. | 你还可以看到一些沙粒和花粉 |
[27:26] | Amphiboles? | 角闪石 |
[27:26] | Uh, it’s a kind of asbestos used in building construction. | 嗯 它是盖楼时用的一种石棉 |
[27:30] | And here’s the same sand-pollen-amphibole mix | 这是我们在工地取的样本 |
[27:32] | we found at the site. | 同样也含有沙子 花粉和角闪石 |
[27:34] | It’s an exact match. | 丝毫不差 |
[27:35] | “We”? | 我们 |
[27:40] | So somebody was cutting corners and exposing workers? | 这么说有人偷工减料 还疏于工人保护 |
[27:44] | Well, maybe Dave threatened | 也许戴维曾威胁他们 |
[27:45] | to blow the whistle on them. | 要告发他们的不法行为 |
[27:46] | So you’re saying that Dave was the target, | 你的意思是戴维才是袭击的目标 |
[27:47] | and Linda was collateral damage? | 而琳达只是附带的牺牲品 |
[27:49] | It’s a theory. | 这个推理也说得通 |
[27:55] | Peter, go with Ethan to the job site | 彼得 你跟伊桑一起去工地 |
[27:58] | – and see what you can find. – Sure. | -看看还能找到什么证据 -没问题 |
[27:59] | And, Curtis, | 柯蒂斯 |
[28:00] | check on my D.N.A.results, will you? | 去看看我的DNA检查结果出来没 |
[28:02] | What D.N.A. results? | 什么DNA检查结果 |
[28:04] | The ones I ordered in your name. | 我以你的名义做的DNA检查 |
[28:06] | Didn’t think you’d mind. | 以为你不会介意 |
[28:09] | Told you. | 我就说吧 |
[28:10] | She has a strange power. | 她的气场太有魔力了 |
[28:15] | You must know something by now. | 你们现在应该有所发现了 |
[28:17] | Well, we do know a few things about your daughter… | 我们现在掌握了一些关于你女儿的情况 |
[28:21] | that might be difficult to hear. | 可能你们不见得爱听 |
[28:24] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[28:25] | She was bulimic, | 她曾患有暴食症 |
[28:27] | and she had hair extensions | 还有她曾经做过接发 |
[28:28] | that did permanent damage to her scalp. | 导致她头皮受到永久性的损伤 |
[28:31] | And both of these things seem to | 这些事情都恰巧是在 |
[28:32] | coincide with her relationship with Brian Hall. | 她跟布莱恩·霍尔在一起时发生的 |
[28:36] | Did you know anything about that? | 你之前知道这些事儿吗 |
[28:40] | We kept pretty close track of her through college, | 在她上学期间 我们一直对她管教严苛 |
[28:42] | but when she got out, she wanted to be independent. | 但自从她离家之后 她想过独立的生活 |
[28:45] | That’s code for never telling us anything. | 其实就是不想跟我们交流的借口 |
[28:50] | Well, I don’t wanna sully your memory of your daughter, | 我无意毁坏你女儿在你心中的回忆 |
[28:52] | but I would like to correct your memory of Dave Piaseki. | 但我很想纠正您对戴维·皮塞吉的印象 |
[28:57] | I think that he got her away from Brian. | 我认为是他帮你女儿逃离了布莱恩 |
[29:02] | And I think he genuinely loved her. | 我认为他是真心爱你女儿的 |
[29:05] | I know he did. | 我知道 |
[29:09] | He came to our house the night they were murdered. | 他俩被杀的那天晚上 他曾来过我们家 |
[29:12] | He told us what Brian had done to Linda. | 他跟我们讲了布莱恩对琳达的所作所为 |
[29:14] | Why didn’t you mention this before? | 之前你为什么没提过这件事呢 |
[29:17] | Because we didn’t believe him. | 因为我们当时不相信他 |
[29:33] | Who the hell are you? | 你们是什么人 |
[29:34] | Peter Dunlop, Medical Examiner’s Office. | 彼得·邓洛普 法医处的 |
[29:36] | – You? – Gary Miller, foreman. | -你呢 -加里·米勒 这儿的工头 |
[29:38] | Did you know that Dave Piaseki was dead? | 戴维·皮塞吉死了 你知道吗 |
[29:41] | Yeah. I heard. | 知道 我听说了 |
[29:42] | And had asbestos in his lungs? | 他肺里有石棉你知道吗 |
[29:46] | You can take your mask off. | 你可以把口罩摘了 |
[29:47] | We had an exposure about a month ago, | 石棉暴露事故是一个月前的事了 |
[29:50] | but we cleaned it up. | 现在我们已经清理好了 |
[29:51] | Yeah, okay, I’m gonna keep mine on, thanks. | 是吗 我还是带着口罩吧 谢谢 |
[29:54] | We did everything we were supposed to do. | 我们是完全按照规定来处理的 |
[29:55] | Oh, except report it. | 哦 可就是没上报 |
[29:57] | Did Dave threaten to tell the authorities? | 戴维是否曾威胁说要向政府举报 |
[29:59] | Look, pal, | 听着 兄弟 |
[30:00] | right now you’re facing an E.P.A. violation. | 你们现在不过是被环保署处罚一下 |
[30:02] | You wanna bump that up to murder? | 你真想把跟谋杀扯上关系 把场面弄大 |
[30:08] | Dave came by a few days ago. | 戴维前几天来找过我 |
[30:10] | He wanted an advance, a big one… | 他想要预支些工资 数目很大 |
[30:14] | But not to keep his mouth shut. | 但理由并不是封口费 |
[30:15] | So what did he need the money for? | 那他要这么多钱干什么 |
[30:17] | An engagement ring. | 要买订婚戒指 |
[30:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:23] | Whoa, whoa. What about the E.P.A.? | 唉 唉 那环保署的事怎么办 |
[30:25] | They’re on their way. Sorry. | 他们马上就来 对不起 |
[30:26] | We took a soil sample. Remember me? | 我们来取过土壤标本 还记得吗 |
[30:29] | You’re still contaminated. | 污染还没清除干净 |
[30:30] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你不是在开玩笑吧 |
[30:31] | You… does it look like I’m kidding?! | 我这个样子像是在开玩笑吗 |
[30:33] | Come on. | 好了 走吧 |
[30:41] | What are you doin’? | 你干什么呢 |
[30:43] | Looking for evidence of an engagement ring. | 寻找订婚戒指留下的证据 |
[30:46] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[30:47] | Linda’s mother. | 琳达的妈妈说的 |
[30:50] | Dave asked her parents’ permission to marry her. | 戴维曾请求她父母同意将女儿嫁给他 |
[30:52] | Oh, they didn’t think to mention that? | 怎么 他们之前不巧忘了提了吗 |
[30:54] | They felt guilty. | 他们很内疚 |
[30:55] | They thought Dave killed Linda because they said no. | 他们觉得是自己的拒绝害女儿惨遭毒手 |
[31:01] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[31:02] | The ring. We canvassed the area, | 你要找的戒指 我们彻查四周 |
[31:04] | and, uh, found a pawnshop near Dave’s work. | 在戴维工作地附近发现了一家当铺 |
[31:06] | He hit up his foreman for the money to buy it. | 他找他的工头要钱买的 |
[31:10] | Everything I learn about this guy | 这个家伙身上的每一个发现 |
[31:12] | makes me like him more. | 都让我更加喜欢他 |
[31:14] | What I don’t get is, what happened to the ring? | 我想不明白的是 戒指现在在哪里 |
[31:15] | I mean, it’s not worth enough money to kill for. | 这种戒指还没贵到要杀人谋财的地步 |
[31:19] | You know, the last time that your hands bothered you, | 上次你的手不舒服时 |
[31:21] | you were calling Lacey about lunch. | 正是你打电话约莱西吃饭之时 |
[31:23] | – Paresthesia is not psychosomatic. – Stress is. | -神经麻木不是身心疾病 -可紧张是 |
[31:26] | I’m not stressed. | 我没紧张 |
[31:28] | – Then how was lunch? – It was fine! | -那午餐进行得如何 -相当不错 |
[31:29] | Sounds stressed. | 听起来欲盖弥彰 |
[31:31] | Why do you wanna know? Uh, you wanna give me more advice? | 你为什么要问 又想给我忠告吗 |
[31:34] | I’m stressed because you | 我紧张是因为你 |
[31:36] | stuck your nose into my business in the first place. | 从一开始就乱管闲事 |
[31:38] | Well, I’m starting to regret that myself. | 我也悔不当初啊 |
[31:42] | You know, you got great instincts about the dead, megan. | 梅根 你对死人的直觉很准 |
[31:44] | But about the living, you suck. | 但对于活人 你不行 |
[31:46] | I care about the dead because they can’t speak for themselves. | 我关心死人是因为他们不能替自己说话 |
[31:52] | – The living are on their own. – Really? | -活人却可以畅所欲言 -真的吗 |
[31:54] | Then explain rescuing Nina Wheeler | 那遇人不淑的妮娜·惠勒 |
[31:56] | from her creep of a boyfriend. | 还要靠你来解救 这又作何解释呢 |
[31:58] | Somewhere under all the crap that you’re dealing with | 虽然表面上看 你麻烦事一堆 |
[32:00] | is a decent person and a good mother. | 但骨子里还是个不错的人 是个好母亲 |
[32:02] | And the only reason that I put up with it is | 我之所以忍辱负重帮你解忧是因为 |
[32:04] | ’cause I’m fairly sure that you won’t find her without me. | 我确信没我指点 你根本搞不定你女儿 |
[32:07] | That is an incredibly arrogant thing to say. | 您还真舍得夸自己啊 |
[32:11] | It doesn’t make it not true. | 事实胜于雄辩 |
[32:20] | I blew it with Lacey. | 我跟莱西搞僵了 |
[32:22] | Okay? | 满意了吧 |
[32:25] | She says I smother her. | 莱西说我令她窒息 |
[32:28] | Lacey wants me to back off. | 她要我退后离她远点儿 |
[32:30] | So back off. She’ll come around when she’s ready. | 那就退后 等她准备好自然会主动找你 |
[32:33] | Who’s gonna tell her what she needs to know, huh, | 那谁来指点她成长中应该知道的事情呢 |
[32:36] | a-about life, about boys, about everything? | 关于生活 关于男孩 关于一切 |
[32:40] | When did I give up that right? | 我是何时放弃了这种母亲的权利呢 |
[32:43] | Ahem. | 咳咳 |
[32:49] | Your D.N.A. results from Linda’s eyelid. | 琳达眼皮上的DNA检测结果出来了 |
[32:52] | One set, male. | 有一组数据表明是男性 |
[32:54] | Now all you need is someone to match ’em to. | 现在就等你找出相配的对象了 |
[33:11] | Eric Singleton, this is the police. | 艾瑞克·辛莱顿 我们是警察 |
[33:13] | Open the door. We have a warrant to search the premises. | 开门 我们有搜查证 |
[33:19] | Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! | 上 上 上 |
[33:26] | Singleton! | 辛莱顿 |
[33:34] | Please… | 麻烦你 |
[33:35] | Give me a reason not to shoot your ass. | 别逼我开枪打爆你的菊花 |
[33:54] | This is what we call probable cause– | 这就是我们所说的判罪依据 |
[33:56] | Linda Chapman’s blood on your jacket. | 你外套上沾有琳达·查普曼的血迹 |
[33:59] | And this is what we call the fat lady. | 而这就是传说中的胖夫人[定案关键] |
[33:59] | 要到胖女人上台唱歌时 一切才算结束 意为输赢与否 要等最后见分晓 | |
[34:03] | – You know what that refers to? – Your wife? | -知道是指谁吗 -你老婆吗 |
[34:05] | Brunnhilde, | 布琳希德[歌剧演员] |
[34:08] | whose 10-minute aria in “Gotterdammerung” | 她以《诸神的黄昏》中十分钟的咏叹调为 |
[34:10] | ends Wagner’s “Ring” Cycle, | 瓦格纳的《尼伯龙根指环》画上圆满句号 |
[34:11] | which is particularly apt be– | 所以能尤为贴切用于 |
[34:13] | It’s the ring we found in your apartment. | 这戒指是我们在你家里找到的 |
[34:16] | It’s the ring Dave Piaseki bought | 也是戴维·皮塞吉买来 |
[34:17] | to propose to Linda Chapman with. | 向琳达·查普曼求婚的戒指 |
[34:20] | It’s the ring you took from the scene after you shot them. | 更是你开枪打死他们后从现场拿走的戒指 |
[34:24] | -I didn’t shoot anybody. – Sure you didn’t. | -我没杀人 -你当然没有了 |
[34:27] | This ring just magically appeared in your apartment. | 这戒指是无端端自己从你家冒出来的 |
[34:29] | No, I took the ring, but I didn’t shoot anybody. | 不 我是拿了戒指 但我没有杀人 |
[34:32] | They were already dead. | 他们那时已经死了 |
[34:36] | So how’d you know where to find ’em? | 那你怎么知道他们在哪儿 |
[34:38] | That’s what we were hasslin’ them about. | 就是为这个才找他们麻烦的 |
[34:40] | They were talking about Valley Green, | 他们一直在说绿谷 |
[34:43] | the old days. Blah, blah, blah. | 说以前的日子 没完没了的 |
[34:48] | It made me sick. | 我觉得很烦 |
[34:49] | So you popped them and closed her eyes. | 所以你就毙了他们还合上了她的眼睛 |
[34:51] | What happened? You got a pang of remorse? | 为什么 突然于心不忍吗 |
[34:54] | Couldn’t take a black chick eyeing you from beyond the grave? | 受不了非裔姑娘来自坟墓下面的注视吗 |
[34:59] | We match your D.N.A., you’re cooked. | 等我们验完你的DNA 你就死定了 |
[35:02] | Since I didn’t do it, you won’t find anything. | 反正我没杀人 你什么都验不出来 |
[35:10] | But you believe me, | 但你要相信 |
[35:11] | if I did do it, | 若真是我干的 |
[35:13] | She’d have been lying there with her eyes open, | 她应该是躺在那儿 |
[35:15] | watching me laugh, | 眼睁睁的看我仰天长笑 |
[35:18] | not crying tears of remorse. | 而不是什么悔不当初的眼泪 |
[35:21] | Tears. | 眼泪 |
[35:23] | Of course. | 没错 |
[35:35] | Well? | 怎样 |
[35:36] | You can tell the Chapmans they can come get their daughter. | 你可以叫查普曼夫妇来领他们的女儿了 |
[35:41] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[35:48] | You’ve met Dr. Hunt already. | 你们已经见过亨特医生了 |
[35:51] | This is our investigator, Peter Dunlop, | 这位是调查员彼得·邓洛普 |
[35:53] | And these are detectives Morris and Baker. | 这两位是警探莫里斯和贝克 |
[35:56] | I-is there a breakthrough in the case? | 案件有了新突破吗 |
[35:59] | I know what happened to your daughter. | 我知道你女儿的遭遇了 |
[36:02] | Mrs. Chapman, I think you might wanna sit down. | 查普曼夫人 您还是先坐下来吧 |
[36:04] | You gonna tell me something worse than my daughter was murdered? | 你要说的事比她被杀还糟糕吗 |
[36:07] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[36:16] | Linda was wearing eye shadow on the night she was killed. | 琳达被杀那天晚上涂着眼影 |
[36:20] | That eye shadow became smudged | 眼影最后变花了 |
[36:22] | because the killer’s final gesture was to close her eyes. | 因为凶手最后一个动作是合上她的眼睛 |
[36:27] | Would Brian Hall do that? Doubtful. | 布莱恩·霍尔会这么做吗 不见得 |
[36:30] | Would Eric Singleton? | 艾瑞克·辛莱顿呢 |
[36:32] | Never. | 毫无可能 |
[36:35] | The killer loved Linda | 凶手深爱着琳达 |
[36:38] | because linda was his daughter. | 因为琳达是他的女儿 |
[36:42] | But that’s impossible. | 这不可能 |
[36:43] | The human body sheds cells all the time. | 人体的细胞会一直脱落 |
[36:46] | Hair, skin, even tears have cells | 毛发 皮肤 甚至眼泪都含有细胞 |
[36:49] | that we can retrieve and analyze for D.N.A. | 这样我们就可以采集并分析其中的DNA |
[36:55] | Do you wanna tell us what happened, | 你现在想告诉我们事情的经过吗 |
[36:57] | Mr. Chapman? | 查普曼先生 |
[37:04] | Okay, I’ll help you. | 好吧 我来帮你说 |
[37:08] | It was a big day for Dave. | 那天对戴维来说是个重要的日子 |
[37:11] | He’d stood up to Brian Hall. | 他挺身而出 勇敢反抗了布莱恩·霍尔 |
[37:12] | He had borrowed money to buy a ring. | 他借钱买了一枚戒指 |
[37:14] | I know we’ve been through a lot. | 我知道我们经历了很多事情 |
[37:15] | He’d done the honorable thing | 他的行为令人敬佩 |
[37:16] | and asked you both for Linda’s hand. | 然后他请你们允许将琳达嫁给他 |
[37:17] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[37:19] | I doubt that he thought you’d say yes, | 我认为他也没指望你们会同意 |
[37:22] | and I doubt that you thought saying no would stop him. | 而你也清楚即使不同意也无法阻止他 |
[37:24] | Yes! | 我愿意 |
[37:26] | Yes! Yes! | 愿意 愿意 |
[37:29] | That’s why you brought a gun along… | 所以你随身带了把枪 |
[37:31] | Because you knew Dave wasn’t the kind of guy | 因为你知道戴维很能打 |
[37:32] | to back off from a fight. | 不会轻易的被打跑 |
[37:34] | This is despicable. How can you even think | 这样太卑鄙了 你真是血口喷人 |
[37:37] | my husband could do such a thing? | 我丈夫怎么可能做出这种事呢 |
[37:38] | We’re leaving right now. | 我们要走了 |
[37:39] | Are you, Mr. Chapman? | 我说的对吗 查普曼先生 |
[37:45] | Mrs. Chapman, | 查普曼夫人 |
[37:47] | did Dave mention Valley Green | 戴维去你家的那天 |
[37:49] | when he came to your house? | 跟你提过绿谷吗 |
[37:52] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[37:55] | Al, it’s not true, is it? | 艾尔 这不是真的 对吧 |
[37:57] | That’s where your husband found them. | 你丈夫就是在那里找到他们的 |
[37:59] | I don’t think you meant to do any harm. | 我想你本无意做出伤害之举 |
[38:02] | I think you just wanted to scare Dave off once and for all. | 你只是想把戴维吓走而已 |
[38:05] | But it all went terribly wrong, didn’t it? | 但事情却变得糟糕无比 对吧 |
[38:09] | What happened? | 到底发生了什么 |
[38:11] | Did he startle you? Did he grab for the gun? | 他吓唬你了吗 还是他动手要抢你的枪 |
[38:20] | It was Linda. | 是琳达 |
[38:25] | Uh, she, uh… | 她 |
[38:27] | She started blaming me for interfering again… | 她开始责怪我又干涉她的事情 |
[38:31] | Just like high school. | 就跟她高中的时一样 |
[38:32] | Don’t do this, Lnda. | 不要答应他 琳达 |
[38:34] | Dad?! What the hell?! Dad! | 爸爸 你搞什么 爸爸 |
[38:35] | And when Dave opened the door… | 当戴维打开车门的时候 |
[38:35] | You cannot marry him. | 你不能嫁给他 |
[38:38] | The gun just went off. | 枪却突然走火了 |
[38:40] | Linda! Linda! | 琳达 琳达 |
[38:42] | And when you realized | 然后你意识到 |
[38:42] | that you’d just shot your own daughter, | 你刚刚打死了自己的女儿 |
[38:45] | You ran around to her side of the car. | 你就跑到你女儿那一边 |
[38:49] | It must have devastated you to see her like that… | 看到她的惨状 肯定让你极为崩溃 |
[38:52] | – What did you do? – Get back! | -你干了什么 – 退后 |
[38:52] | And filled you with rage, | 而盛怒之下的你 |
[38:54] | knowing that it was all Dave’s fault. | 开始觉得这都是戴维的错 |
[38:55] | This is all your fault. | 这全都是你的错 |
[38:57] | So you shot him. | 所以你冲他开了枪 |
[38:58] | No! No, please! Don’t do it! | 不 不 求你了 不要 |
[39:03] | Panic impairs judgment. | 极度恐慌让你丧失了判断力 |
[39:05] | You thought you’d make it look like a murder-suicide, | 你想把现场伪造成谋杀后自杀的样子 |
[39:09] | So you wiped your prints off the gun. | 所以你抹去枪上的指纹 |
[39:11] | Then you put the gun in Dave’s right hand | 然后把枪放到戴维的右手上 |
[39:14] | and used his finger to pull the trigger. | 用他的手指按下扳机 |
[39:22] | But you put the gun in the wrong hand. | 但放枪时你却搞错了手 |
[39:28] | You were crying. | 你当时泪流满面 |
[39:32] | You wiped your tears. | 你抹了抹眼泪 |
[39:34] | But before you could leave your daughter, | 而在离开女儿之前 |
[39:36] | you reached out and closed her eyes, | 你伸出手为她合上眼睛 同时 |
[39:40] | leaving your D.N.A. | 也留下了自己的DNA |
[39:49] | You’ve been crying a lot, Mr. Chapman. | 案发以来你哭得极为厉害 查普曼先生 |
[39:51] | You were crying two days ago | 两天前当你拿着琳达的 |
[39:53] | when you held Lnda’s identification form. | 身份确认表格的时候也在流泪不止 |
[39:57] | The cells that I retrieved from that form | 我从那张表格上提取的细胞 |
[40:01] | match the cells on Linda’s eyelids. | 和从琳达眼皮上采集的细胞正好吻合 |
[40:15] | Oh, my… | 上帝啊 |
[40:23] | She was my baby girl. | 她是我的宝贝女儿 |
[40:26] | I-I taught her how to walk again. | 我教会她重新站起来走路 |
[40:34] | I would never hurt her. You know that. | 我永远不会伤害她 你知道的 |
[40:40] | Oh, please help me. | 求求你救救我 |
[40:43] | Oh, god, please help me. | 上帝啊 救救我 |
[41:04] | He loved his daughter so much, | 他这么地深爱自己的女儿 |
[41:05] | he killed her. | 最终却亲手断送了女儿的生命 |
[41:24] | Good work, doctor. | 干得不错 医生 |
[41:51] | Hi, you’ve reached the Flemings. | 你好 这里是佛莱明家 |
[41:52] | We can’t get to the phone right now, | 我们现在不方便接电话 |
[41:53] | so please leave a message. | 有事请留言 |
[41:55] | Hi, Lacey. It’s me. | 喂 莱西 是我 |
[41:58] | Um… I just want you to know | 我只是想让你知道 |
[42:01] | that I heard you yesterday, | 对于昨天你说的话 我表示理解 |
[42:04] | And… I’ll try. | 我会努力的 |
[42:06] | I… may not be very good at this, | 这方面 我可能不太擅长 |
[42:09] | But I wanna be. | 但我很想做好 |
[42:13] | I so wanna be. | 我真的很想 |
[42:16] | So I’m gonna back off for a while | 我会暂时退后不再逼你 |
[42:19] | until I hear from you. | 直到你愿意跟我联系 |
[42:22] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[42:24] | Bye. | 拜 |