时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | 待会见 烟熏灭虫机 除虫害公司 | |
[00:20] | * I’m a potato, my friends are all mayo. * | *我是土豆酱 朋友都是蛋黄酱* |
[00:22] | * I’m a potato, my friends are all mayo. * | *我是土豆酱 朋友都是蛋黄酱* |
[00:24] | All right, I’m all warmed up. | 好了 热好身了 |
[00:25] | When Pop Pop gets here, | 等爷爷一到 |
[00:26] | he’s gonna have a front row couch seat | 就能在前排沙发座上 |
[00:28] | to a sneak preview of my newest rock opera. | 提前观看我的最新摇滚歌剧 |
[00:30] | Or rock Pop-Pop-ra, if you will. | 你也可以称它为 爷滚歌剧 |
[00:32] | Actually, Pop Pop will be too busy looking at | 爷爷会忙着看我这些 |
[00:34] | all my newly acquired vintage Burobu cards | 刚到手的收藏级布罗布卡牌 |
[00:37] | from their “Fairy Tales” Series. | 童话系列的 |
[00:39] | I think Pop Pop will be pretty occupied with me | 爷爷的注意力应该会集中在我这边 |
[00:41] | because I’ll be interviewing him for school, | 我会采访他 这是学校作业 |
[00:44] | which is the whole reason he’s coming over, so… | 他就是为这来的 所以… |
[00:47] | Why would he want to do boring school stuff | 他怎么会想做无聊的学校作业 |
[00:48] | when he can hear about the Burobu cards I have? | 明明可以听我介绍我的布罗布卡牌 |
[00:51] | And, more importantly, about the ones I don’t have | 更重要的是那些我还没搞到手 |
[00:53] | but want and need very, very badly. | 但非常非常需要的卡 |
[00:55] | He’ll get the hint. | 他会懂我的暗示 |
[00:56] | Sorry, but he’ll be too mesmerized by my show. | 抱歉 他一定会被我的表演迷住 |
[00:58] | It’s called The Gene-uine Article. | 剧名叫《货吉恩价实》 |
[01:00] | I’ll be debuting my glam-eridoo. | 这将是我的摇滚杜管首次亮相 |
[01:02] | It’s like a didgeridoo, but with more sizzle-sazzle. | 有点类似迪吉里杜管 但声音更酷炫 |
[01:05] | Glam-er… | 摇滚杜… |
[01:07] | Look, I’m not against vintage slug cards or the musical arts, | 听着 我对古董鼻涕虫卡牌和音乐艺术没意见 |
[01:09] | but I’m really gonna need | 但我非常需要 |
[01:10] | all of Pop Pop’s eyes and ears on me. | 爷爷集中精力听我的问题 |
[01:12] | Or the ears he can still hear out of. | 用他残缺不全的听力 |
[01:14] | Tina’s right. | 蒂娜说得对 |
[01:15] | You two need to give your sister a chance | 你俩得给大姐个机会 |
[01:16] | to do her report thingy on, | 让她好好做学校报告 |
[01:18] | what’s it about again, hon? | 亲爱的 报告主题是什么来着 |
[01:19] | We have to interview an older relative | 要采访一位年长的亲戚 |
[01:21] | and ask them these questions. | 问他们以下问题 |
[01:22] | How many people have you killed? | 你杀过多少人 |
[01:23] | What? That’s not on there, is it? | 什么 没这个问题吧 |
[01:25] | It’s gonna be so sweet. | 肯定很温馨 |
[01:26] | You and your Grandpa Belcher | 你和贝尔彻爷爷 |
[01:28] | chitchatting about the good old days, | 聊着过去的美好时光 |
[01:30] | eating these nice cheese and crackers, | 吃着美味的奶酪和饼干 |
[01:32] | writing stuff down. | 边聊边记录 |
[01:33] | Yeah, it’s-it’s gonna be great. | 对 是很不错 |
[01:35] | But, I mean, Tina, don’t expect, | 但蒂娜 我想说 |
[01:37] | you know, too much from him | 也别对他抱太大期望 |
[01:38] | ’cause my dad’s not the most, chitchatty. | 因为我爸不算健谈 |
[01:41] | If we get enough booze in him, that bird will sing. | 给他灌足了酒 就能打开话匣子了 |
[01:43] | Well, I think I’ve got some pretty good interviewing moves. | 我有几招很厉害的采访招数 |
[01:45] | I open with an icebreaker like, | 开场先活跃下气氛 比如来一句 |
[01:47] | “Hey, is that a new haircut? I love it.” | “换了新发型呢 不错哦” |
[01:48] | Hopefully he has a new haircut. | 希望他真换了发型 |
[01:50] | And then I casually ask, | 然后我漫不经心地问出一句 |
[01:51] | “What moment from your past most shaped you?” | “你人生的哪一刻对你影响最大” |
[01:53] | What moment most shaped him? | 哪一刻对他影响最大 |
[01:55] | I bet it’s the tree thing. | 我敢说是树的那件事 |
[01:56] | What tree thing? | 什么树 |
[01:57] | Is Pop Pop a tree? I had my suspicions. | 爷爷是棵树吗 我就怀疑过 |
[02:00] | No. A tree almost fell on him when he was younger. | 不 他曾经差点被一棵树压到 |
[02:02] | That’s why he doesn’t like the woods, I think. | 估计这就是他不喜欢树林的原因 |
[02:05] | Also, I saw him yell at a tree once. | 还有次 我看到他对着一棵树大喊大叫 |
[02:07] | Spoiler. Just let him tell it. | 别剧透 让爷爷说嘛 |
[02:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:11] | – Oh, hi, Big Bob. You on your way? – Not yet. | -老鲍勃 出门了没 -还没 |
[02:14] | My walk-in’s on the fritz, and I got to pack | 我的冷柜出毛病了 |
[02:16] | all this food up and put it on ice. | 我得把食物全打包 放在冰上 |
[02:18] | And then I got to yell at my walk-in, | 然后我把冷柜骂了一顿 |
[02:19] | so I’m gonna be late for dinner. | 所以我晚饭要迟到了 |
[02:21] | Oh, okay. We’ll see you when you get here. | 好吧 我们等你来了再说 |
[02:23] | We can eat later, like they do in Europe. | 我们可以晚点再吃饭 就像欧洲人那样 |
[02:24] | – Olé! – Right. | -好耶[西语] -好 |
[02:25] | Also, I’m gonna bring a bunch of milk. | 另外 我会带很多牛奶过去 |
[02:27] | He’s bringing milk. | 他要带牛奶过来 |
[02:28] | – Dad, we don’t need milk. – Too late, he hung up. | -爸 我们不需要牛奶 -太迟了 他挂了 |
[02:30] | I’ll just put the cheese tray away till he gets here. | 那我先把奶酪盘收起来 等他来了再拿 |
[02:32] | Don’t you dare. | 你敢 |
[02:33] | Wait, I want to hear more about this tree-falling story. | 等等 我想多听听树的故事 |
[02:36] | And why have we never heard it? | 为什么我们从来没听说过 |
[02:37] | Is it super gruesome? | 是很恐怖吗 |
[02:38] | Was Grandpa’s face mangled beyond recognition? | 爷爷的脸被压得面目全非了吗 |
[02:41] | Does he have a fake face? Tell me. | 他现在的是假脸吗 快告诉我 |
[02:43] | Or maybe let’s just respect the integrity | 或者我们应该稍微尊重一下 |
[02:45] | of my interview and not talk about it, | 我的采访 先不要说 |
[02:46] | and we all quietly wait for Grandpa to get here? | 安安静静等爷爷来 |
[02:49] | That’s an idea. | 这样如何 |
[02:49] | No, Louise, the tree almost fell on him. | 不是 露易丝 树是差点压到了他 |
[02:51] | I don’t know much more about it, though, | 不过 我知道的也仅此而已 |
[02:53] | ’cause my dad’s not what you’d call communicative. | 因为我爸不是那种乐于沟通的人 |
[02:56] | Because he speaks in the language of dance. | 因为他习惯用舞蹈来表达 |
[02:58] | I wonder what happened. | 真好奇发生了什么 |
[02:59] | Well, we’ll find out soon enough, | 我们很快就会知道了 |
[03:00] | so no need to keep… | 所以别再… |
[03:01] | I bet it happened way, way back in the old country. | 这事肯定发生在很久很久以前的旧社会 |
[03:04] | And you’re still talking about it. | 你不打算停了 |
[03:06] | It was probably before cars | 大概是在汽车 |
[03:07] | or computers or juice boxes, | 电脑 盒装果汁出现前 |
[03:10] | when he was a cool, no-nonsense cop. | 当时他还是个冷酷话少的警察 |
[03:12] | He was never a cop. | 他从没当过警察 |
[03:14] | Well, this was before you knew him, Dad. | 那是你认识他之前的事 爸 |
[03:16] | Yeah, but I would have known… | 但如果他当过 我肯定会知… |
[03:17] | Bob, shush. Sit down. | 鲍勃 闭嘴 坐下 |
[03:18] | I want to hear about when Big Bob was a cop. | 我想听老鲍勃当警察时的故事 |
[03:20] | I– Okay. | 我…好吧 |
[03:22] | Grandpa was about to break a giant case | 爷爷正在破一起大案子 |
[03:24] | because it involved a giant. | 罪犯是一个巨人 |
[03:26] | Word on the street was, this no-good giant | 有传闻说 这个邪恶的巨人 |
[03:28] | was grinding up villagers’ bones, | 会碾碎村民的骨头 |
[03:29] | baking them into bread, | 把它们烤成面包 |
[03:31] | and selling it back to the villagers he hadn’t ground up yet. | 再卖给那些他还没碾碎的村民 |
[03:34] | And the worst part? | 而最糟糕的是 |
[03:35] | The bread made people sick with horrible, nonstop farts. | 这些面包会让人患上不停放臭屁的病 |
[03:39] | Wait, that’s worse than grinding up people’s bones? | 等等 这有比碾碎人骨还糟糕吗 |
[03:41] | Never mind, I’m not encouraging this. | 随便吧 我不赞成这个 |
[03:43] | Big Bob had been given an anonymous tip | 老鲍勃收到匿名举报 |
[03:45] | that the giant was hiding out at the top | 说巨人藏在一棵 |
[03:46] | of an enormous beanstalk. | 巨型豆茎的上面 |
[03:48] | So Pop Pop was on his way up to take him down. | 于是爷爷爬上豆茎 要干掉他 |
[03:51] | Town. Downtown. | 不是 要把他抓下来 |
[03:52] | So it’s Jack and the Beanstalk | 这不就是《杰克与魔豆》的故事 |
[03:54] | but with cops for some reason. | 只是主人公成了警察 |
[03:56] | Dad, shush. | 爸 别吵 |
[03:57] | Big Bob searched through the cloud vine land place. | 老鲍勃搜遍了高耸入云端的豆蔓地 |
[04:04] | – I see you. – No, you don’t. | -我看见你了 -不 你没看见 |
[04:05] | I do, because you’re a giant. | 我看见了 因为你是巨人 |
[04:07] | Well, fee, fi, fo, fum, | 好吧 嘿嘿哈哈 |
[04:09] | you have a face, and it is dumb, Big Bob. | 你的样子好蠢 老鲍勃 |
[04:12] | This wasn’t the first time Gramps had busted the giant. | 这不是爷爷第一次逮到巨人了 |
[04:15] | He had nabbed him for shoplifting, literally. | 他曾以入店盗窃的罪名逮捕过他 |
[04:17] | ‘Cause he lifted a shop. | 他直接举起了一家商店 |
[04:19] | I got a bone to pick with you, Giant. | 我要跟你算一笔账[骨头] 巨人 |
[04:20] | Or, rather, many bones that you crushed | 确切地说是很多笔 |
[04:22] | and baked into bread that made people sick | 你碾碎了人的骨头 做成面包 |
[04:25] | with wild super-mega-farts. | 让人大放臭屁 |
[04:27] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[04:29] | Okay, sure, | 好吧 |
[04:30] | maybe I used to grind a few villagers’ bones to make bread, | 也许我是用一些村民的骨头做过面包 |
[04:33] | but I gave that all up. | 但我现在不这么干了 |
[04:34] | It was too messy and, | 太混乱了 |
[04:35] | frankly, really hard to get those bones | 而且坦白说 要从那些村民小人身上 |
[04:37] | out of all those little villagers. | 把骨头剔出来太难了 |
[04:38] | We’ll see. | 真相会揭晓的 |
[04:40] | Some of your bread is being tested for villager bones | 罪证化验室正在检测你的面包 |
[04:42] | at the crime lab right now, so… | 是否含有人骨 |
[04:44] | It’s the lab conveniently calling me | 正好化验室 |
[04:45] | right at this moment. Hold on. | 来电话了 等等 |
[04:47] | Wait, how could he have a cell phone | 等下 如果是在盒装果汁出现之前 |
[04:48] | if it’s before juice boxes? | 那他怎么会有手机 |
[04:50] | Fine, it was a landline with a really long cord. | 好吧 他用的是线很长很长的座机 |
[04:52] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[04:53] | Wait a minute, it’s not villager bones in the bread? | 等一下 面包里没有村民骨头 |
[04:56] | It’s beans? | 而是豆子吗 |
[04:57] | See? I’m innocent. | 说了吧 我是无辜的 |
[04:59] | – Told you you’re dumb. – Okay. Sorry, sorry. | -就说了你很蠢 -好 抱歉 抱歉 |
[05:01] | That’s what the story everyone knows got wrong. | 到这里大家都知道弄错了 |
[05:03] | It wasn’t the giant who was the bad guy. | 巨人不是坏蛋 |
[05:05] | It was the beanstalk. | 豆茎才是 |
[05:08] | I was gonna say Mr. Bean. So close. | 我本来想说憨豆先生 很接近了 |
[05:10] | I mean, the giant did grind up some villagers’ bones | 巨人也确实碾了一些村民的骨头 |
[05:13] | at some point, so kind of a bad guy. | 所以也算是坏人了 |
[05:15] | Also, beanstalks aren’t trees, | 而且豆茎也不是树 |
[05:17] | if that’s where you’re going with all this. | 如果你是想从这切入的话 |
[05:19] | They’re, beanstalks. | 而是豆茎 |
[05:20] | No, they’re trees, and this beanstalk | 不对 是树 而且这个豆茎 |
[05:22] | was the worst tree of all. | 是树里最坏的 |
[05:24] | Okay, thanks. Bye. | 好的 谢谢 再见 |
[05:27] | It’s as though someone wanted it | 貌似有人想栽赃给你 |
[05:29] | to seem like you were behind all this | 来帮真正的幕后凶手 |
[05:30] | to take the heat off whoever’s really pulling the strings. | 转移视线 不让人发现真正的凶手 |
[05:33] | So, if it’s beans, where are they coming from? | 那如果是豆子 豆子从哪来的 |
[05:35] | Some kind of bean factory? L.L. Bean? | 豆制品工厂 里昂比恩吗 |
[05:35] | 美国服饰零售公司 “比恩”也有豆子的意思 | |
[05:38] | What the…? | 见鬼… |
[05:40] | Suddenly, huge tendrils swoop up | 突然 巨大的藤曼 |
[05:42] | and grab Pop Pop and the giant, | 缠住了爷爷和巨人 |
[05:44] | and they find themselves trapped in a crazy cage | 把他们困在一个豆蔓做的 |
[05:46] | made of bean vines. | 巨大牢笼里 |
[05:48] | The beanstalk even grew a lock on itself, | 豆茎还自己长出一个锁 |
[05:50] | so they were totally bean-carcerated. | 就这样 他们完全被豆子包围了 |
[05:52] | Beanstalk! | 豆茎 |
[05:54] | Wait, why are you so mad? | 你干嘛这么生气 |
[05:55] | This is so much more uncomfortable for me! | 我比你不舒服多了 |
[06:01] | So a beanstalk held my cop-dad prisoner? | 所以豆茎把我的警察老爸囚禁了 |
[06:05] | And a giant. | 还有巨人 |
[06:06] | Again, I’d be totally fine | 重申一遍 |
[06:07] | holding off on any story predictions | 在爷爷本人到之前 |
[06:09] | until Grandpa actually gets here. | 我不需要你们做任何猜想 |
[06:10] | Tina, do you want to know Grandpa’s tree story or not? | 蒂娜 你想不想听爷爷和树的故事 |
[06:12] | Not. I mean, not this one. | 不想 不想听这个版本 |
[06:14] | Well, I’m sorry, but that’s the wrong answer. | 不好意思 错误答案 |
[06:16] | Now, where was I? Oh, yeah. | 说到哪了 对了 |
[06:18] | Pop Pop and the giant were being held prisoner | 爷爷和巨人被关在 |
[06:20] | in a huge vine cage, | 一个巨大的藤曼笼子里 |
[06:21] | guarded by the beanstalk’s henchmen. | 由豆茎的心腹把守着 |
[06:24] | We’re really doing a good job guarding. | 我们看守得很好 |
[06:26] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[06:27] | Hey, why does your boss | 你们的老板 |
[06:29] | like making people fart so much anyway? | 到底为啥喜欢让人放屁放不停 |
[06:31] | None of your business, | 不关你的事 |
[06:32] | but farts are up to 30% carbon dioxide. | 屁的二氧化碳含量高达30% |
[06:34] | And plants love carbon dioxide, so you do the math. | 而植物喜欢二氧化碳 你自己想想吧 |
[06:37] | But also, none of your business. | 不过还是不关你的事 |
[06:39] | So what happens now? | 那接下来要把我们怎样 |
[06:41] | Mr. Stalk’s probably gonna turn you into fertilizer. | 茎先生可能会把你们变成肥料 |
[06:44] | When he doesn’t like you, | 等他不喜欢你了 |
[06:45] | he makes you into fertilizer. | 就会把你变成肥料 |
[06:46] | But when he does like you, you get weekly presents. | 但如果他很喜欢你 你每周都会收到礼物 |
[06:49] | Mostly beans, but still. | 大多是豆子 那也不错了 |
[06:50] | Giant, do you have anything that could | 巨人 你有什么办法 |
[06:52] | help us get out of here? | 能帮我们逃出这里吗 |
[06:53] | O-Okay, I have this one thing that looks like | 我有一根看起来很像 |
[06:55] | a toothpick made out of a villager’s bone, | 用村民骨头做的牙签 |
[06:57] | but it totally isn’t. | 但它绝不是骨头 |
[06:58] | Ah, just pick the lock. | 快开锁吧 |
[06:59] | We hear you whispering. | 我听到你们在窃窃私语 |
[07:01] | Don’t even think about trying to sneak out of here. | 别想从这里偷溜出去 |
[07:03] | There’s no way to esca– Oh, they got out. | 你们无路可逃 他们出来了 |
[07:05] | Now it was time for a super cool fight scene | 现在是时候来个超级酷炫的打斗场景了 |
[07:08] | with flips and kicks and kick-flips! | 空翻 踢腿 踢腿空翻 |
[07:10] | Until Pop Pop and the giant threw the henchmen | 直到爷爷和巨人把坏人心腹从豆茎上 |
[07:12] | off the beanstalk. | 扔了下去 |
[07:14] | Falling…! | 摔下去了 |
[07:18] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:19] | Time to figure out how to arrest a beanstalk. | 该想想如何逮捕豆茎了 |
[07:21] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[07:23] | Grandpa and the giant are suddenly shoved | 突然 爷爷和巨人被豆茎本人 |
[07:24] | off the beanstalk by the beanstalk! | 从豆茎上推了下去 |
[07:30] | See? | 怎样 |
[07:30] | Doesn’t feel so good, does it? | 不好受吧 |
[07:33] | I fell right on my toothpick | 我正好压在牙签上 |
[07:35] | that’s definitely not a villager’s bone. | 绝不是村民的骨头 |
[07:36] | Damn you, beanstalk. How do we defeat you? | 该死的豆茎 我们怎样才能打败你 |
[07:39] | As luck would have it, just then, | 幸运的是 就在那时 |
[07:40] | a Weedwacker salesperson came by. | 一个除草机销售人员走了过来 |
[07:42] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[07:44] | Do you have pesky weeds that you just can’t get rid of? | 你是否有难以除尽的烦人杂草 |
[07:46] | Look no further. | 不用再费心思了 |
[07:47] | I have the perfect solution, the weed-demon! | 看看我们的完美解决方案 除草恶魔 |
[07:51] | Allow me to demonstrate. | 请允许我演示一下 |
[07:52] | The salesperson weed-wacks the evil beanstalk. | 销售人员拿着除草机走向了邪恶的豆茎 |
[07:55] | Yeah, like you could actually cut through. | 好像你真能铲断它似的 |
[07:57] | Oh, you’re doing it. | 还真能 |
[07:58] | And it falls, nearly crushing Pop Pop. | 豆茎倒了下来 差点把压到爷爷 |
[08:03] | Oh, great. | 很好 |
[08:05] | You are… under arrest. | 你…被捕了 |
[08:07] | So how many can I put you down for? | 那么您要买几台呢 |
[08:09] | You know, I-I need to think about it. | 我需要考虑一下 |
[08:10] | I’ll take one. Do you accept bones? | 我要一台 用骨头付款行吗 |
[08:13] | I mean, toothpicks? | 我是说牙签 |
[08:14] | Then the whole village cheered. | 然后全村欢庆 |
[08:16] | The beanstalk and the henchmen went to jail, | 豆茎和它的手下进了监狱 |
[08:18] | and the giant became Grandpa’s partner. | 巨人成了爷爷的伙伴 |
[08:20] | For a little while. And then, at some point, | 后来没过多久 爷爷不再干警察 |
[08:21] | Grandpa opened a restaurant. The end. | 开了家餐馆 全剧终 |
[08:23] | Wow. Who would’ve thought beanstalks were such mean trees? | 谁会想到豆茎是这么坏的植物呢 |
[08:26] | The bastards. | 真混蛋 |
[08:27] | Louise, that was a… | 露易丝 你这个… |
[08:28] | great guess of what Grandpa’s tree story could be. | 爷爷和树的故事猜想很不错 |
[08:32] | – But I feel like that’s probably not what happened. – It is. | -但我觉得这应该不是事实 -就是事实 |
[08:36] | Well, I feel like I have a pretty great | 关于爷爷和树的故事 |
[08:38] | and probably way more accurate idea | 我也有一个不错的猜想 |
[08:39] | of what Grand-papa’s tree story is. | 我觉得肯定更符合事实 |
[08:41] | Ooh, it already sounds accurate! | 光听你这么说我就信了 |
[08:43] | Or we can just talk about something else? | 或者我们可以聊点别的 |
[08:45] | Like birds. Am I right? | 比如小鸟 好吗 |
[08:47] | It was a sunny day in the forest. | 那是个艳阳天 地点在树林里 |
[08:49] | Grandpa was looking for a good spot | 爷爷在找一个搭帐篷的 |
[08:50] | – to pitch a tent. – Gene. | -绝佳地点 -吉恩 |
[08:52] | – What? – N…Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[08:53] | But then he heard a mysterious message on a radio. | 突然 他在收音机里听到一条神秘信息 |
[08:56] | We can’t fight them if they remain undetected. | 如果我们发现不了它们 就无法与之对抗 |
[08:58] | This is their mission: to keep us from camping. | 他们的任务是阻止我们露营 |
[09:01] | Not sure what that’s all about. | 天知道这话什么意思 |
[09:02] | Pop Pop was confused | 爷爷有些困惑 |
[09:03] | but continued on his merry way to find the perfect camping spot. | 但还是继续他寻找露营点的快乐之旅 |
[09:07] | – Found it! – Grandpa set up his tent, | -找到了 -爷爷支好帐篷 |
[09:09] | got out some ice cream and soda from his cooler, | 从冷藏箱里拿出冰激凌和苏打水 |
[09:11] | and made himself one heck of an ice cream float. | 给自己做了份超棒的冰淇淋苏打 |
[09:13] | Which is something I assume you do when you’re camping. | 我想大家露营应该都会做这个吧 |
[09:15] | And then he also took out his glam-eridoo. | 然后他拿出了他的摇滚杜管 |
[09:17] | He was just about to start playing when… | 他刚要开始吹… |
[09:20] | Wait, they had glam-eridoos back then? | 等等 他们那时有摇滚杜管吗 |
[09:21] | Didn’t you just invent that? | 这不是你刚发明的吗 |
[09:23] | – I buy it. – Thank you, Mother. | -我相信有 -谢谢你 妈 |
[09:24] | So, there’s Pop Pop. | 说回爷爷 |
[09:26] | He was just about to start playing | 他刚要开始吹 |
[09:28] | when a dramatic thing happened! | 突然发生了一件大事 |
[09:30] | A huge pine cone fell right next to him. | 一个巨大的松果掉到了他身旁 |
[09:33] | Grandpa was very startled, | 爷爷吓了一大跳 |
[09:34] | and he dropped his camping float, | 露营专属雪顶冰激凌都吓掉了 |
[09:36] | which was devastating | 太惨了 |
[09:37] | since it had the perfect ice cream-to-soda ratio. | 那杯的冰激凌和苏打水比例可是恰到好处 |
[09:40] | That camping float had the perfect ice cream-to-soda ratio. | 冰激凌与苏打水的比例简直完美 |
[09:43] | Big Bob went over to pick up his cup and discovered… | 老鲍勃去捡他的杯子 结果发现了… |
[09:46] | a pair of glittery binoculars. | 一副亮闪闪的双筒望远镜 |
[09:49] | And when he looked through them, | 他拿起望远镜看了看 |
[09:51] | everything was in black and white. | 一切都是黑白色的 |
[09:54] | These are some strange glittery binoculars. | 这副亮闪闪的双筒望远镜挺奇怪 |
[09:56] | But what are you gonna do? | 那又怎样呢 |
[09:57] | Grandpa looked around at all the black-and-white trees | 爷爷环顾四周 草地 树木 |
[10:00] | and grass and stuff, | 黑白的一切 |
[10:02] | but one tree wasn’t a tree at all. | 但有棵根本就不是树 |
[10:03] | It was an alien monster! | 而是头外星怪兽 |
[10:06] | What the…? | 什么鬼 |
[10:07] | So, there’s aliens? | 有外星人吗 |
[10:08] | – Yeah, there’s aliens. – Yeah, Dad, | -对 有外星人 -是的 爸 |
[10:10] | don’t you ever look up at the sky and wonder? | 你就不曾仰望天空 浮想联翩吗 |
[10:12] | Of course there’s aliens, Bob. Come on! | 当然有外星人 鲍勃 拜托 |
[10:14] | It’s just, I… | 我只是… |
[10:15] | can’t believe my dad never mentioned them. | 真不敢相信我爸居然从没说起过他们 |
[10:17] | Anyway, grandpa can only see the alien | 总之 爷爷只有用那个 |
[10:20] | when he’s looking through the sparkly binoculars. | 亮闪闪的双筒望远镜才能看到外星人 |
[10:23] | I got one that can see. | 我发现一个能看到我的人 |
[10:24] | Yes, I’m sure. I’m looking right at him. | 是的 我确定 我正看着他 |
[10:26] | And he’s looking at me like, “I can see you.” | 他正以一副”我能看到你”的表情盯着我 |
[10:28] | Then the alien disappears! | 然后那个外星人突然不见了 |
[10:29] | Can you even imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[10:31] | Oh, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[10:32] | I don’t like this one bit. | 我一点都不喜欢这个 |
[10:34] | Not one bit. | 一点都不 |
[10:36] | Quick! | 快 |
[10:37] | Follow me. We don’t have much time. | 跟我来 我们时间不多 |
[10:38] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[10:39] | Big Bob looks at the camper through the binoculars | 老鲍勃用双筒望远镜看了看这位露营者 |
[10:41] | to make sure she’s not an alien, too. | 确保她不是外星人 |
[10:43] | – Okay, you pretty much seem like a human. – Thank you. | -好吧 你看起来像人类 -谢谢 |
[10:45] | I designed these glittery alien-seeing binoculars. | 是我设计了能看到外星人的亮闪闪望远镜 |
[10:48] | I’m a really smart, nature-loving scientist. | 我是个聪明绝顶 热爱自然的科学家 |
[10:50] | I’m part of a small group of campers | 我们有一个露营小组 |
[10:52] | who picked up their alien signals. | 大家都察觉到了外星人的存在 |
[10:53] | We’ve been studying them, | 一直在研究他们 |
[10:54] | trying to learn their weaknesses. | 试图搞清他们的弱点 |
[10:57] | Did you make that weird recording I heard | 我第一次进森林时听到的奇怪录音 |
[10:58] | when I first walked into the forest? | 是你们放的吗 |
[11:00] | Yeah. Was it too cryptic? | 是的 是太隐晦了吗 |
[11:01] | Like in a not helpful way? | 就好像没什么作用 |
[11:03] | – Kind of. – Crap. Sorry. | -有点 -该死 抱歉 |
[11:06] | They’re onto us! | 他们发现我们了 |
[11:07] | Grandpa and his new camper buddy turned around | 爷爷和他的新露营伙伴转过身 |
[11:09] | and saw a bunch of secret tree aliens coming towards them. | 看到一群装成树的外星人向他们跑来 |
[11:13] | We should probably run in the opposite direction | 我们应该向另一边跑 |
[11:14] | – so we don’t die. – I’d love to not die. | -这样就不会死了 -我希望自己不会死 |
[11:16] | They ran for their lives, | 他们开始逃命 |
[11:18] | with the tree aliens close behind them. | 装成树的外星人紧随其后 |
[11:21] | What is this, World War Tree? | 这是什么 树木世界大战 |
[11:26] | Okay, so Grandpa’s being chased by alien trees, | 爷爷被外星人树追着 |
[11:29] | and I’m 95% sure this is what happened in his tree story. | 我非常确定这就是他关于树的故事 |
[11:32] | And now a little cheese break. | 现在进入芝士休息时间 |
[11:34] | Gene, your story sounds a lot like the movie They Live. | 吉恩 你的故事很像电影《极度空间》 |
[11:37] | Have you seen that recently? | 你最近看了那部电影吗 |
[11:38] | You mean, when you were watching it | 你是说你在看这部电影时 |
[11:40] | and you told me to go to bed | 你让我去睡觉 |
[11:40] | but I might have come out of my room | 但我可能从房间溜出来 |
[11:42] | and watched the rest of it from the hallway? | 在走廊看完了剩下的部分 |
[11:43] | Someone’s a Rowdy Roddy Peeper. | 某人是个狂野偷窥狂啊 |
[11:45] | Getting back to the story, | 回到故事里 |
[11:47] | the aliens were gaining on Grandpa and the scientist. | 外星人离爷爷和科学家越来越近 |
[11:50] | Luckily, the aliens were also major klutzes, | 幸运的是 这些外星人大多笨手笨脚 |
[11:52] | falling all over the place, ’cause it’s hard to run | 不停地摔倒 因为当你是棵树的时候 |
[11:54] | – when you’re a tree. – The ranger station! | -跑起来很难 -是护林站 |
[11:56] | – Go, go, go! – Hi! Please stay on the designated trails. | -快点 快点 -请站在指定的路上 |
[11:59] | Let us in, let us in, let us in! | 让我们进去 让我们进去 |
[12:01] | The scientist and Big Bob threw themselves | 科学家和老鲍勃 |
[12:03] | into the ranger station and bolted the door. | 一头冲进护林站 锁上了门 |
[12:06] | What the heck is going on? | 发生什么了 |
[12:07] | Look, Ranger Person, we’re in trouble. | 听着 护林员 我们有麻烦了 |
[12:09] | The whole world’s in trouble. | 全世界都有麻烦了 |
[12:10] | They’re all around us and we never knew! | 他们就在我们周围 但我们从来不知道 |
[12:12] | Oh, you mean those trees that were chasing you? | 你是说那些追你们的树吗 |
[12:14] | Look at them through these. | 用这个看他们 |
[12:16] | Holy moly, ravioli. | 上帝魔草小饺子 |
[12:18] | My thoughts exactly. | 我也这么想的 |
[12:19] | But I was more like, “Holy moly, hot stromboli.” | 但我更倾向于 “上帝魔草大火山” |
[12:21] | What are those things? What do they want? | 那些是什么 他们想干什么 |
[12:23] | To keep us from camping so they can suck up | 让我们不要野营 这样他们可以 |
[12:24] | all the resources of the forest for their own planet | 不受打扰地吸收森林的所有资源 |
[12:27] | without human intervention. | 供给自己的星球 |
[12:29] | – That’s so annoying. – Well, how do we stop them? | -真烦人 -我们该怎么阻止他们 |
[12:31] | They’re controlling what we see using some kind of signal. | 他们通过某种信号来控制我们的所见 |
[12:33] | We have to find the source | 我们要找到 |
[12:34] | that’s transmitting their signal and destroy it. | 传输信号的源头 然后毁掉它 |
[12:36] | Do you know where their signal is coming from? | 你知道他们的信号从哪里传出来的吗 |
[12:38] | We haven’t fully figured it out yet, | 我们还没完全弄清楚 |
[12:39] | but we’re getting close. | 但我们接近了 |
[12:41] | Yeah. Too close. | 是的 太接近了 |
[12:42] | What? You’re working for them? | 什么 你为他们效力吗 |
[12:43] | Also, that’s just a stick. | 那只是一根枝条 |
[12:45] | – No, it’s a gun. – Pretty sure it’s a stick. | -不 是把枪 -很确定是根枝条 |
[12:47] | Don’t interfere. You can’t win. | 别干涉 你赢不了 |
[12:48] | But why are you siding with them? | 但你为什么要与他们为伍 |
[12:50] | They want to destroy the planet. | 他们想摧毁这个星球 |
[12:51] | Because they promised me a sweet ranger gig | 因为他们向我承诺了他们那里森林的 |
[12:53] | in their space forest that I couldn’t pass up. | 护林员工作 我无法拒绝 |
[12:55] | Amazing benefits, and I like the hat. | 报酬很好 而且我喜欢那个帽子 |
[12:57] | It’s a better hat than this hat. | 比这个帽子好 |
[12:58] | Now hands up. Come on! | 举起手来 快点 |
[12:59] | Sorry, I-it’s hard to be intimidated by your stick. | 抱歉 我很难被你的枝条吓到 |
[13:02] | If you used the binoculars, you’d see it was a gun. | 如果你用那个望远镜 你能看到这是把枪 |
[13:05] | But keep your hands up. | 但保持举手 |
[13:06] | You’re just gonna have to trust me. | 你必须得相信我 |
[13:07] | Even though I lied to you earlier. Anyway, move it. | 虽然我早前向你撒谎了 快走 |
[13:10] | The park ranger handed over Pop Pop | 公园护林人把爷爷和 |
[13:12] | and the scientist to the aliens. | 科学家交给了外星人 |
[13:14] | So here’s these two troublemaking rascals. | 这是那两个惹麻烦的混蛋 |
[13:16] | Your secret is still safe. | 你们的秘密还很安全 |
[13:17] | And since we’re talking, about the new job, | 既然说到这了 关于新工作的事 |
[13:19] | I’d already booked a trip to Montreal before I knew about it, | 我知道这事之前就定好去蒙特利尔旅游了 |
[13:21] | so if I could just take | 所以我能不能 |
[13:22] | – a couple weeks off early… – Yes, of course. | -先请两周… -好 当然可以 |
[13:24] | They’ve got these great bagels… | 他们那的贝果很好吃… |
[13:25] | Kick my backpack over to me. | 把我的背包踢给我 |
[13:26] | I’ve got an idea. | 我想到个主意 |
[13:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:29] | Grandpa used his teeth to take out | 爷爷用他的牙咬出了 |
[13:31] | his glam-eridoo! | 他的摇滚杜管 |
[13:33] | And he started to wail! | 然后他开始高声吹奏 |
[13:37] | He played his glam-eridoo | 他用他的摇滚杜管 |
[13:38] | with all his glammery heart and glammery soul! | 和摇滚杜管魂吹奏摇滚杜管 |
[13:42] | At first, the aliens were confused. | 刚开始 外星人也有点困惑 |
[13:44] | Not quite sure why you thought that would help. | 真不懂这么做能有什么用 |
[13:46] | Oh. Wait. They’re dancing. | 等一下 他们开始跳舞了 |
[13:48] | Or I think that’s dancing? | 这应该是在跳舞吧 |
[13:50] | The aliens went nuts for it, | 那些外星人为这曲子疯狂 |
[13:51] | because it was incredible! | 因为它实在是太棒了 |
[13:53] | Even the ranger couldn’t help but move her feet | 连护林员也忍不住跟着 |
[13:56] | to the amazing beat. | 这美妙的节奏跳动 |
[13:57] | I can’t help but move my feet to the amazing beat! | 我忍不住跟着这美妙的节奏跳动 |
[14:00] | Oh, my God. The antennae on the ranger station | 天啊 护林站的天线 |
[14:02] | is the transmitter! | 就是发射台 |
[14:03] | And the frequency of your glam-eridoo | 摇滚杜管的振动频率 |
[14:05] | is causing it to malfunction! | 会让它发生故障 |
[14:07] | Keep playing! Keep playing! | 接着吹 接着吹 |
[14:09] | * He played that glam-eridoo Glam-eridoo * | *他演奏了摇滚杜管 摇滚杜管* |
[14:11] | * He made the aliens hoochie-coo Hoochie-coo * | *他让外星人肆意起舞 肆意起舞* |
[14:13] | * And that evil alien signal went… * | *炸飞邪恶外星信号* |
[14:18] | * Kabloom! * | *炸飞* |
[14:21] | Well, now we just look like aliens. | 现在我们看着就像外星人了 |
[14:24] | Let’s regroup and go to a planet | 我们来重新部署 |
[14:26] | that doesn’t have glam-eridoo technology. | 去一个没有摇滚杜管科技的星球吧 |
[14:29] | Wait, guys, can you still send me the hat? | 等等 你们能不能把帽子寄给我 |
[14:31] | – Oh, you’re gone. – Yes! | -你们都走了 -太好了 |
[14:32] | We’re free to camp again! | 我们又可以去露营了 |
[14:34] | Yep. I’m gonna go set up my tent and have an ice cream float. | 没错 我要去搭帐篷然后吃一个冰淇淋苏打 |
[14:37] | – Okay. Nice meeting you. – You, too. Bye-bye. | -好的 很高兴遇见你 -我也是 拜拜 |
[14:39] | And that’s exactly what happened to our dear grand-papa | 这就是爷爷差点被树砸到的 |
[14:41] | when the tree almost fell on him. | 事情原委 |
[14:43] | Actually, it was many trees. | 其实 当时有很多树 |
[14:45] | And they were aliens. Clumsy aliens. | 而且他们是外星人 笨蛋外星人 |
[14:47] | Big Bob saved camping. | 老鲍勃拯救了露营 |
[14:48] | – Like Ernest. – Yep. | -就像欧内斯特一样 -没错 |
[14:50] | I mean, he hates camping. In real life. | 在现实生活中 他讨厌露营 |
[14:52] | But I don’t know why I’m bringing that up. | 但我也不知道我为什么要提这个 |
[14:54] | – Gre-Great story. – Yeah, yeah, yeah, great story. | -好故事 -没错 没错 精彩 |
[14:56] | Hey, what if we all put tape over our mouths | 我们在爷爷来之前都用胶带把嘴封上 |
[14:58] | until Grandpa gets here? That could be fun. | 怎么样 感觉会挺有趣的 |
[15:00] | Right, right. Sorry, honey. | 好了 好了 对不起 亲爱的 |
[15:01] | Let’s all respect Tina’s wishes | 我们尊重蒂娜的意愿 |
[15:03] | and just wait for Grandpa to get here | 等爷爷来这 |
[15:04] | and tell the real story. | 跟我们讲真实的故事吧 |
[15:06] | Yes. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[15:07] | – But… – Oh, no. | -不过… -又来了 |
[15:08] | Maybe what happened was that the tree | 也许当时的情况是 |
[15:10] | that almost hit Big Bob knew him personally. | 那棵差点砸到老鲍勃的大树跟他认识 |
[15:13] | Yep, yep. Great. | 好 很好 |
[15:14] | And the tree got annoyed with him, | 然后那棵树生他的气了 |
[15:15] | and that’s why it wanted to crush him. | 所以它才想砸他 |
[15:16] | I mean, I could actually maybe see that. | 我还真能想象得到 |
[15:19] | Well, not really. A little. | 能稍微想象得到 |
[15:20] | Yeah! Maybe Big Bob would go | 是吧 也许老鲍勃 |
[15:22] | to this particular tree every day | 每天都来找这棵树 |
[15:24] | and he’d ask for stuff like apples | 然后他可能会需要苹果 |
[15:25] | and branches for firewood | 用来生火的树枝 |
[15:27] | and leaves to make himself weird, funky leaf belts. | 还有树叶 给自己编奇怪独特的树叶腰带 |
[15:29] | At first, the tree was like… | 一开始 树的反应是 |
[15:31] | Hey, we’re friends. I love helping you out. | 嗨 我们是朋友 我愿意帮你 |
[15:33] | How you like them apples? | 你觉得这些苹果怎么样 |
[15:34] | But then the tree started to get really, | 但之后 树因为这些事情开始变得 |
[15:36] | really annoyed by this. | 非常非常生气 |
[15:37] | You know, I’m starting to get really, really annoyed by this. | 我真的开始因为这些变得非常 非常生气 |
[15:40] | What do I ever get? Giving Tree? | 我成了什么 “爱心树”吗 |
[15:42] | More like Give Me a Break Tree. | 我倒希望是”让我休息一下树” |
[15:43] | So this time when Big Bob came by, | 所以 这次老鲍勃又来了 |
[15:46] | the tree had something else planned. | 这棵树脑中有了些其他盘算 |
[15:47] | Hey, I’m gonna take this knife and carve | 我要用这把刀把自己的 |
[15:49] | my Wi-Fi password into you so I don’t forget it. Hold still. | 无线密码刻在你身上 这样我就不会忘了 别动 |
[15:52] | Oh, hey, pal. I got a question for you. | 朋友 我有个问题想问你 |
[15:54] | If a tree falls on your head, do you hear it? | 如果一棵树砸到你头上 你能听见吗 |
[15:57] | Huh? I don’t know. | 什么 我不知道 |
[15:58] | Yeah, that’s what I thought. | 好 我是这么想的 |
[15:59] | Let’s find out…! | 我们试一下 |
[16:03] | Grandpa! | 爷爷 |
[16:04] | Sorry. Y-You guys seem startled to see me. | 抱歉 你们见到我很意外啊 |
[16:06] | You told me to come, right? | 你让我来的 对吧 |
[16:07] | It’s just– Did you let yourself in? | 只是 你就这么进来了吗 |
[16:09] | Yeah. The door was unlocked. | 对 门没锁 |
[16:11] | I thought you left it open for me. | 我以为你给我留了门 |
[16:12] | I guess one of us left it open for… anyone. | 我想是我们中谁就这么留了门 |
[16:15] | And we got you! | 然后你就来了 |
[16:16] | Oh,here’s four gallons of milk from my walk-in. | 这四加仑牛奶是我冷柜里的 |
[16:18] | – It expires tomorrow. – Milk party! | -明天过期 -牛奶派对 |
[16:20] | So I guess… let’s eat? | 那…我们开吃吧 |
[16:22] | Yes! Finally. | 好的 终于 |
[16:23] | No! No eating! Not yet! | 别 先别吃 先别 |
[16:25] | Sorry, sorry. Just– I really need to interview Grandpa. | 抱歉 抱歉 只是 我真的得采访一下爷爷 |
[16:29] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[16:30] | – Let’s do it. – All right. | -那就开始吧 -好的 |
[16:32] | I’ll go… | 那我去 |
[16:33] | keep dinner kinda… | 把晚餐稍微 |
[16:34] | warm-ish. | 热一下 |
[16:36] | Okay, first question. | 好的 第一个问题 |
[16:37] | this one’s got a lot of buzz around it. | 这个问题很有意思 |
[16:39] | What was the moment in your life that most shaped you? | 在你生命中对你影响最大的时刻是什么时候 |
[16:44] | I guess that’d be when I went camping | 我觉得是 自己去野营度假的时候 |
[16:46] | – and a tree almost fell on me. – Oh, wow. | -一棵树差点撞到我 -哇 |
[16:48] | A tree almost fell on you? | 一棵树差点砸到你吗 |
[16:50] | I had no idea. | 我不知道 |
[16:51] | So, tell me about that. | 所以 详细说说吧 |
[16:52] | I mean, yeah, that’s, pretty much it. | 嗯 差不多就是这样 |
[16:55] | There you go. Yep. | 我就说吧 好的 |
[16:55] | What? What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么 这是什么意思 |
[16:57] | Oh, nothing. I kind of expected you to tell that story | 没什么 我在想你说这个故事的时候 |
[17:00] | and for it to be exactly that long. | 大概就是一句话长 |
[17:02] | What? A tree almost fell on me. | 什么 一棵树差点撞到我 |
[17:04] | It didn’t. What more am I supposed to say? | 但却没有 除此之外我还能说什么 |
[17:06] | Nothing. Forget it. | 没什么 当我没说 |
[17:07] | No, no. What are you getting at? | 不 不 你是什么意思啊 |
[17:08] | I’m kinda the one asking the questions here, but okay. | 我其实才是问问题的这个人 但是 无所谓吧 |
[17:11] | I’m just saying you don’t always communicate. | 我只是说 你不太跟别人交流 |
[17:14] | Much of anything. | 什么都不说 |
[17:14] | Oh, sorry I’m not a Mr. Talks-A-Lot. | 不好意思 我不是一个话多的人 |
[17:17] | No, it’s fine. We get it. | 没关系 我们理解 |
[17:18] | You don’t like talking. To people. At all. | 你不喜欢说话 和人说 一点都不 |
[17:20] | Wow. I’m so glad I came over here to get yelled at. | 真好 我来这就是为了被人吼 |
[17:23] | Well, you got your story out in under two sentences | 你总是这样 讲事情就讲一两句 |
[17:24] | like you always do. | 从来不说完整 |
[17:25] | I left a walk-in in disrepair. | 我的冰柜还没修 |
[17:25] | So you shouldn’t hit any traffic… | 你不应该遇到交通… |
[17:27] | Too late now, but I guess this interview | 现在说太迟了 但我猜这个采访 |
[17:29] | could’ve just been a phone call? | 也许可以直接在电话上进行 |
[17:31] | – Yeah. – Yep. | -对 -对 |
[17:35] | Well, maybe I’ll just be going then. | 也许我该走了 |
[17:37] | – Fine. Sure. – Okay, the pasta’s keeping warm in there, | -好啊 走吧 -意大利面已经热好了 |
[17:40] | which is kinda the opposite of what’s going on in here | 但跟这里的气氛好像恰恰相反 |
[17:43] | with the, ice-cold staring going on, Bob. | 你们在冷冷地对视 鲍勃 |
[17:48] | Dad, hush. Grandpa, sit. | 爸爸 别说话 爷爷 坐 |
[17:50] | This is my interview. | 这是我的采访 |
[17:51] | I’m being graded on it. | 老师要打分的 |
[17:52] | You came all this way. | 你大老远的来了 |
[17:52] | Now, please, can we continue? | 我们现在能继续吗 |
[17:54] | – Sorry. – Sorry, Tina. | -抱歉 抱歉 蒂娜 |
[17:55] | I’m gonna move slowly towards the cheese. Cover me. | 我要慢慢地向奶酪移动 掩护我 |
[17:58] | – No. – That’s fair. | -不 -好吧 |
[17:59] | Now, Pop Pop, the tree incident– tell me more. | 爷爷 大树意外 再多说一点 |
[18:01] | I’m interested in: when it happened, where it happened, | 我很好奇 发生的时间和地点 |
[18:04] | why it happened, who it happened to– | 原因 和发生在谁身上 |
[18:06] | no, I know that part– and how did it shape you? | 等等 我知道谁 还有是怎么影响了你 |
[18:09] | I was… in my 20s. | 我当时20来岁 |
[18:11] | We were camping in a park– | 我们当时在公园野营 |
[18:12] | I forget the name– near some trees, obviously. | 我忘记公园的名字了 当然了 公园里有些树 |
[18:16] | It was night. It was raining. | 当时是晚上 正在下雨 |
[18:18] | We were in the tent. | 我们在帐篷里 |
[18:19] | And then your grandmother went to go to the bathroom | 然后你奶奶去上厕所了 |
[18:21] | ’cause the sound of the rain on the tent | 因为雨滴落在帐篷上的声音 |
[18:22] | made her need to go pee. | 让她想尿尿 |
[18:24] | Just hearing you say that makes me need to pee. | 光听说你就让我想尿尿了 |
[18:26] | Take a quick break? Tina’s face says no. | 不如停一小下 蒂娜的表情说不行 |
[18:28] | Wait, Mom was there? | 等等 妈也在吗 |
[18:28] | You-you never mentioned that before. | 你以前从来没提过这点 |
[18:30] | I didn’t? Oh. | 我没有吗 |
[18:31] | Well, yeah. She was there. | 是啊 她也在 |
[18:33] | It was before we were married. | 那是在我们结婚前 |
[18:35] | Camping in sin. So romantic. | 未婚野营 太浪漫了 |
[18:37] | Okay, so our grandma was there. | 我们奶奶也在 |
[18:38] | But she went to the bathroom. | 但是她去厕所了 |
[18:39] | Then what happened? | 然后呢 |
[18:40] | I guess the winds were picking up | 我想是风变大了 |
[18:42] | and I heard a crack and, all of a sudden, | 然后我听见了东西裂开的声音 突然 |
[18:44] | the tent collapsed and I didn’t know what was going on. | 帐篷倒了 我当时不知道发生什么事了 |
[18:46] | Wow, scary. | 好吓人 |
[18:47] | And it turned out, a big tree fell on the tent. | 后来发现 是一棵大树倒在了帐篷上 |
[18:50] | It just missed me, | 差一点就砸中我了 |
[18:51] | and thank God your grandmother was in the bathroom, | 谢天谢地你奶奶在厕所里 |
[18:53] | or else she would’ve been crushed. | 否则她就被砸死了 |
[18:54] | – That bathroom’s a hero. – What can’t bathrooms do? | -厕所是英雄 -厕所简直无所不能 |
[18:57] | And the way we treat them… | 但我们对待厕所… |
[18:59] | Wow. So tell me why you think this moment shaped who you are. | 告诉我 为什么你认为那个时刻塑造了你 |
[19:02] | Well, I’m not dead, so that’s one thing. | 第一 我没死 |
[19:05] | How else? | 还有呢 |
[19:06] | I mean, he would’ve been shaped like a pancake, | 他本来可能会被压成煎薄饼的 |
[19:08] | but instead he’s shaped like that. | 但没压到他 |
[19:09] | – Thank you, Gene. – I guess it made me | -谢谢解说 吉恩 -我想 这让我 |
[19:11] | think about your grandmother and, kinda, life in a different way. | 开始用不同的角度看待你的奶奶和人生 |
[19:16] | I remember seeing her face after I crawled out of the tent. | 我还记得我爬出帐篷后看见她的脸 |
[19:20] | Or what was left of the tent. | 坏得不成样子的帐篷 |
[19:21] | And I, thought about how much she meant to me. | 我想到了她对我来说有多重要 |
[19:24] | And, I think it was kind of in that moment | 我想 就是那一刻 |
[19:26] | that I realized I wanted to ask her to marry me. | 我意识到 我想让她嫁给我 |
[19:29] | And, six years later, I popped the question. | 六年之后 我向她求婚了 |
[19:32] | What did she say? | 她怎么说 |
[19:34] | Yes. She said yes. | 她同意了 |
[19:35] | – Nice. – I, never knew any of that. | -太好了 -我怎么从来没听你说过这个事 |
[19:38] | That’s such a beautiful story, Big Bob. | 真是一个美好的故事 老鲍勃 |
[19:40] | I mean, my story had a giant in it. | 我的故事里还有巨人呢 |
[19:42] | Just sayin’. | 我就说说 |
[19:43] | You’re a good interviewer. | 你真是个非常好的记者 |
[19:44] | I feel like a blabbermouth. | 对着你我可以滔滔不绝地说 |
[19:45] | Yeah, Tina. R-Really good. | 是啊 蒂娜 你做得很好 |
[19:47] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 谢谢 |
[19:48] | Can’t read my notes very well, | 我有点看不懂我的笔记 |
[19:50] | but I’m sure I’ll… figure it out. | 但是我之后应该能认出来 |
[19:52] | Did you say you died or didn’t die? | 你刚才说你是死了还是没死来着 |
[19:54] | I’m so proud of my Tina. | 我真为小蒂娜感到骄傲 |
[19:56] | Asking Qs and kicking “A.” | 问得真有水平 |
[19:58] | Okay, let’s eat some mostly warm pasta. | 我们去吃饭吧 意面都快凉了 |
[20:00] | – Yeah! – Yeah! | -好耶 -好耶 |
[20:01] | Just a few more questions first. Then we can… | 我还有几个问题 等我问完再 |
[20:02] | – No! – No! | -不行 -不行 |
[20:03] | Over dinner, over dinner. | 边吃边问 边吃边问 |
[20:05] | So, I… | 我 |
[20:06] | I can’t believe I never knew the whole tree story. | 难以置信我从来没听过这个完整的故事 |
[20:08] | About, you know, Mom and stuff. | 我都不知道里面还有妈妈的事 |
[20:10] | I guess I could be a little better at, | 我或许应该变得 |
[20:12] | sharing those things. | 更健谈一些 |
[20:14] | Also, maybe I didn’t want to bring Mom up | 也可能我不想提起你妈妈 |
[20:17] | and make you think about her and… make you sad. | 让你想起她 只会白白让你伤心 |
[20:19] | It wouldn’t have. I mean, maybe a little. | 不会的 可能有一点吧 |
[20:22] | But in a good way. ‘Cause we’d be talking about her. | 但也是件好事 因为我们可以谈起她 |
[20:25] | And I could be a little better at asking you things. | 我也更应该学会提问 |
[20:29] | Is there anything else I should ask about? | 还有什么事情是我应该知道的吗 |
[20:31] | Did I ever tell you about my other family? | 我有没有跟你说起过我另一个家庭 |
[20:33] | – What? – I’m kidding, I’m kidding. | -什么 -我开玩笑的 开玩笑 |
[20:34] | I think you know all the good stuff. | 好事你应该都知道了 |
[20:36] | And you know about the walk-in, | 而且冷柜的事你也知道了 |
[20:37] | so that, brings you up to speed. | 所以你差不多都知道了 |
[20:39] | Hey, Pop Pop! Not to be rude, | 爷爷 爷爷 快来 |
[20:40] | but there’s a pretty impressive Burobu card display out here, | 我们准备了一场布罗布卡牌比赛 |
[20:43] | just waiting for your eyes! | 一定让你大开眼界 |
[20:45] | Oh, and there’s a five-dollar admission. Just FYI. | 顺便说一句 门票只要五块钱哦 |
[20:48] | And my rock Pop-Pop-ra isn’t gonna watch itself! | 我的爷滚歌剧还需要观众呢 |
[20:50] | Also, the running time is about an hour, so strap in! | 演出时间大概一个小时 快来吧 |
[20:53] | It might actually be a little longer. | 可能时间会久一点 |
[20:55] | I call the good seat! | 这个最佳位置是我先看上的 |
[20:56] | If you’re sitting on it, I’m sitting on you! | 如果你抢了我的位置 我就坐你身上看 |
[20:58] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[20:59] | And a-one and a-two and a… | 一 二 三 |
[21:01] | * He played that glam-eridoo Glam-eridoo * | *吹响摇滚杜管 摇滚杜管* |
[21:03] | * He made the aliens hoochie-coo * | *他让外星人摇摆* |
[21:05] | * And that evil alien signal went kabloom * | *炸飞邪恶外星信号* |
[21:11] | * He made that glam-eridoo He made that glam-eridoo * | *吹响摇滚杜管 摇滚杜管* |
[21:13] | * He made the aliens hoochie-coo * | *声音让整个宇宙沉醉* |
[21:15] | * Made them hoochie-coo, hoochie-coo * | *让整个宇宙沉醉* |
[21:17] | * Kabloom Kabloom * | *炸飞 炸飞* |
[21:30] | * He made that glam-eridoo He made that glam-eridoo * | *吹响摇滚杜管 摇滚杜管* |
[21:33] | * He made the aliens… * | *他让外星人…* |