英文名称:Wuthering Heights
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:07] | You do not know me, Nelly? | 不认识我了吗 奈莉 |
[01:11] | Look! | 看 |
[01:14] | I’m not a stranger! | 我不是陌生人 |
[01:21] | Is it really you, is it? | 真的是你吗 |
[01:23] | Yes. | 是我 |
[01:26] | Heathcliff. | 希斯克里夫 |
[01:28] | Are they at home? Where is she? Is she here? | 他们在家吗 她在哪 她在这儿吗 |
[01:31] | Speak! | 回答我 |
[01:35] | Speak! | 说啊 |
[01:48] | Yes, Nelly, what is it? | 奈莉 什么事 |
[01:51] | A person from Gimmerton wishes to see you, ma’am. | 从格明顿来了个人希望见你 夫人 |
[02:19] | When I read your note I thought I would never see you again. | 看了你传的纸条 我以为再也见不到你了 |
[02:24] | Why didn’t you believe that I would return? | 你为何不相信 我会回来呢 |
[02:26] | Not angry, my love. | 别生气 亲爱的 |
[02:29] | Not now. | 先别生气 |
[02:31] | Poor Heathcliff. | 可怜的希斯克里夫 |
[02:35] | I shall think it a dream tomorrow! | 明天我会以为是自己在做梦 |
[02:37] | I’ll not be able to believe that I have seen and touched | 真的不敢相信我还能再见你 触摸你 |
[02:40] | and spoken to you once more. | 再跟你讲话 |
[02:43] | When can we be alone? | 我们何时才能独处 |
[02:44] | When? | 何时 |
[02:49] | The Master would like you to bring your guest in, Madam. | 主人请您带客人进去 夫人 |
[02:52] | He thinks it unseemly for you to be standing out here with a gentleman | 他觉得您在屋外会客 很不得体 |
[03:02] | Edgar! Edgar! | 埃德加 埃德加 |
[03:05] | Heathcliff’s come back! | 希斯克里夫回来了 |
[03:06] | Well, well, don’t strangle me for that! | 好了 别因为这事把我勒死 |
[03:08] | I know you didn’t like him. | 我知道你不喜欢他 |
[03:09] | Yet for my sake, you must be friends now! | 但为了我 你们必须要做朋友 |
[03:11] | Cathy, try to be glad, without being absurd! | 凯希 你尽管欢喜 可别做得荒唐 |
[03:13] | The whole household need not witness the sight of | 用不着让全家人看到 |
[03:15] | your welcoming a runaway servant as a brother! | 你像欢迎兄弟一样欢迎一个逃跑的仆人 |
[03:19] | Look who I discovered in the hall. | 看我在大厅遇到谁了 |
[03:27] | Has Mr Heathcliff not changed beyond all recognition, Edgar? | 希斯克里夫先生简直变得让人认不出了 对吧 埃德加 |
[03:32] | Not entirely. No. | 不 那倒未必 |
[03:37] | Sit down, sir. | 请坐 先生 |
[03:39] | Mrs Linton, recalling old times, | 林顿夫人 回想旧日交情 |
[03:41] | would have me give you a cordial reception, | 定会让我热烈欢迎你的 |
[03:43] | and, of course, I am gratified | 当然 我是很乐意去做的 |
[03:45] | when anything occurs to please my wife. | 只要能让我妻子开心就行 |
[03:47] | Your wife. Oh, yes. | 你妻子 是啊 |
[03:49] | I heard you married only yesterday. | 听说你们昨天刚结婚 |
[03:52] | A pity you did not come sooner, Mr Heathcliff, | 很遗憾您没早点来 希斯克里夫先生 |
[03:54] | you could have made merry at the celebrations. | 不然你也会在婚礼上玩得很欢快的 |
[03:57] | I am not much of a one for making merry, Miss Isabella. | 我不怎么擅长制造欢乐气氛 伊莎贝拉小姐 |
[04:01] | Too busy making your fortune, no doubt. | 您忙着赚钱呢 我毫不怀疑 |
[04:03] | And what would make you think I have made a fortune? | 你凭什么认为我赚到钱了 |
[04:06] | I can see by your bearing and your dress | 我可以从您的举止衣着看出 |
[04:08] | that you have not spent your time away from us | 您在外的时间可不是在 |
[04:10] | trading horses and reading fortunes as some might think. | 买卖马匹或卜卦算命 不像某些人认为的 |
[04:16] | That much is true. | 说得没错 |
[04:18] | So, are we to learn how you have made your money, Mr Heathcliff? | 你是来告诉我们你如何发达的吗 希斯克里夫先生 |
[04:23] | The same way as any man. | 正如人之常情 |
[04:24] | By taking advantage of other men’s weaknesses. | 趁人之危 抢占便宜咯 |
[04:29] | You must forgive Heathcliff, Mr Linton. | 您一定要原谅希斯克里夫 林顿先生 |
[04:32] | He always liked to provoke. | 他一向喜欢挑衅 |
[04:35] | Cathy, unless we are to have cold tea, I am thirsty | 凯希 茶要凉了快端过来吧 我有点渴 |
[04:37] | and Mr Heathcliff will have a long walk, | 而希斯克里夫还要走很长的路 |
[04:41] | wherever he may lodge tonight. | 尽管不知他在何处落脚 |
[04:43] | Not so far, really. I am staying at the Heights. | 其实没那么远 我住在呼啸山庄 |
[04:46] | Hindley invited me this morning when I called. | 我今早去拜访时 亨德利邀请我的 |
[04:49] | Hindley invited you! Really? | 亨德利邀请你? 真的吗 |
[04:51] | Yes, I called to enquire about Miss Earnshaw. | 对 早上我去打听恩肖小姐的事 |
[04:56] | Sorry, I mean Mrs Linton. | 抱歉 我是说林顿夫人 |
[05:00] | Have you no fear of the consequences | 难道你丝毫不担心 |
[05:01] | of fixing your dwelling with your ancient persecutor? | 跟过去虐待你的人一起住的后果吗 |
[05:05] | I think my strong head will keep me from danger. | 我的精明 足以保护好自己 |
[05:09] | And your brother can hardly be | 而且你大哥的道德 |
[05:10] | made morally worse than he is already now, can he? | 已经如此 也就无从再堕落了吧 |
[05:14] | I always imagined you might end up marrying Hindley, Miss Isabella. | 我一直以为你最后会嫁给亨德利 伊莎贝拉小姐 |
[05:19] | Me? | 我吗 |
[05:21] | I think not. Not nearly handsome enough. | 我不会的 他不够帅 |
[05:25] | Miss Isabella has a suitor? | 有人向伊莎贝拉小姐求婚了吗 |
[05:28] | I would hardly call Mr Brendan a suitor. | 布兰顿怎能算是啊 |
[05:32] | Well, as I’m sure Cathy will tell you, | 相信凯希会告诉你 |
[05:35] | the female heart can feel a sudden and irresistible attraction | 女性会突然无法抵抗地 |
[05:39] | towards the most unlikely of men. | 被最不可能的男人吸引 |
[05:42] | Wouldn’t you agree, … | 你同意吧 |
[05:44] | Edgar? | 埃德加 |
[05:47] | I know what my own heart tells me and | 我很清楚自己内心的渴求 |
[05:48] | that is all any man needs to know as far as I can tell. | 我敢说 任何男人都该这样 |
[05:52] | Well, it seems we have all grown wiser in the years of my absence. | 看来我离开期间 大家都变聪明了啊 |
[05:56] | Indeed, sir. | 确实 先生 |
[05:59] | I hope that is true. | 我希望你说得没错 |
[06:56] | Do you not have a greeting for your aunt, darling? | 不跟姑姑问好吗 亲爱的 |
[07:00] | Hareton, who has taught you the fine manners, eh? | 哈里顿 谁把你教的这样无礼 |
[07:15] | So how has married life been treating you this past month? | 一个月婚姻生活如何 |
[07:21] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[07:22] | Out on the moors. | 外面荒野上 |
[07:24] | Inspecting some land I have for sale. | 检查我将出售的一些土地去了 |
[07:28] | He imagines he outflanks me. | 以为他挫败了我 |
[07:30] | He will destroy you. | 他会毁了你的 |
[07:32] | He pays me good rent. | 他出大价钱租的 |
[07:35] | For living here? | 租这里住吗 |
[07:37] | For sleeping in your old room. | 是出钱住在你的旧房间里 |
[07:42] | “Horse whip for you and a fiddle for me.” | “你自以为挥的是鞭 我听着恰似琴音出弦” |
[07:46] | What? | 什么 |
[07:49] | You don’t remember, do you? | 你不记得了 是吗 |
[08:06] | Why did you not come sooner? I have waited weeks to see you! | 为何不早点来 我等你好几周了 |
[08:09] | I am a married woman. | 我已婚了 |
[08:11] | Every movement is monitored and remarked upon. | 每时每刻都受到监管和注意 |
[08:16] | You have made yourself a pretty prison, | 你成了婚姻的小囚犯 |
[08:17] | have you not, by being too impatient to marry. | 你应该耐心等我的 别急着结婚 |
[08:20] | You gave me not a word. | 可是你之前毫无音讯 |
[08:23] | In three years, not one indication whether you were alive or dead. | 三年了 你生死不明 音讯全无 |
[08:26] | When I heard that you were to marry I had one thought in my head. | 当我知道你要结婚 我只有一个念头 |
[08:29] | I would return, have one glimpse of your face, | 我要回来 最后看你一眼 |
[08:33] | settle my score with Hindley | 找亨德利报仇雪恨 |
[08:34] | then prevent the law by executing myself. | 然后自尽免受法律惩罚 |
[08:36] | Now I see I should have stuck to my guns. | 现在我明白我早该举枪了 |
[08:37] | You knew when I was to marry, | 你早就听闻我的婚讯 |
[08:38] | and you did not return in time to stop me from taking such a step? | 却未及时回来 阻止我吗 |
[08:41] | You had already betrayed me with your heart. | 之前你的心就已经背叛我了 |
[08:43] | So you returned on my wedding day to punish me? | 所以你在我婚礼当天回来惩罚我吗 |
[08:59] | – What is that? – What? | -那是什么 -什么 |
[09:02] | There is a look in your eyes. | 你的眼神 |
[09:06] | My God! I think it is guilt. | 天哪 那是内疚 |
[09:10] | You have been with him, haven’t you? | 你跟他在一起过了 是吗 |
[09:12] | – You have laid with Edgar, haven’t you? – He is my husband. | -你跟埃德加睡过了 是吗 -他是我丈夫 |
[09:15] | You think your pretend marriage matters to me? | 你以为你那虚伪的婚姻对我有意义吗 |
[09:18] | How am I to look at you? | 要让我如何看你 |
[09:20] | How am I to touch you knowing that his milky feeble hands | 想着他那苍白无力的手 也曾拥你入怀 |
[09:23] | have held you as I am holding you? | 如今叫我再怎么拥抱你 |
[09:24] | – You disgust me! – I’m sorry. | -你让我恶心 -对不起 |
[09:25] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 我对不起你 |
[09:30] | Forgive me. | 原谅我吧 |
[09:32] | What have I done? | 我都做了些什么 |
[09:34] | What have I done? | 我都做了什么呀 |
[09:51] | How about a game of three’s up? | 来玩”大满贯”如何 |
[09:55] | You call it, you win it all back. | 猜对了 就全部赢回去 |
[09:58] | – Every penny. – And what if I should call wrong? | -每分每厘 -要是我猜错了呢 |
[10:02] | I’d take you to the yard, strip you of your shirt and flog you, | 我就带你去院子 脱掉你的衬衫鞭打你 |
[10:07] | just as you flogged me. | 就像你以前鞭打我一样 |
[10:10] | Mr Heathcliff, I think it’s nearly daylight out there. | 希斯克里夫先生 天就要亮了 |
[10:13] | We’d probably best be going. | 我们还是先走吧 |
[10:14] | Now, now, Saul. | 别 别动 索尔 |
[10:15] | I bring you Hindley night in, night out, | 我将亨德利带到你面前 夜夜豪赌 |
[10:19] | plump with cash, ripe for the plucking. | 带足金钱 就快到终局了 |
[10:22] | I think it’s only good manners | 你好歹也该卖个面子 |
[10:23] | that you stay until Hindley’s fate is decided. | 待到亨德利命运终决的一刻 |
[10:29] | What do you say, Hindley? | 你怎么说 亨德利 |
[10:31] | My cash against the skin on your back. | 我的赌注是钱 你的赌注是皮肉 |
[10:38] | Then my blood? | 然后赌我的血吗 |
[10:43] | Why not? | 何乐不为 |
[10:45] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[10:48] | Call it. | 开牌吧 |
[10:50] | Tails. | 背面 |
[10:58] | Heads. | 是正面 |
[11:01] | Saul, | 索尔 |
[11:02] | behind the stable door you will find a whip. | 马房门后有鞭子 |
[11:06] | Oil each tail so they don’t snag in his open wounds. | 每节鞭子上涂油 以免鞭子卡肉里去 |
[11:12] | I think perhaps you’ve humiliated him enough, Mr Heathcliff. | 我觉得你已经羞辱他羞辱够了 希斯克里夫先生 |
[11:15] | I cannot feel any satisfaction for the humiliation | 目前这种程度的羞辱 |
[11:17] | I have heaped upon him so far. | 我感觉不到任何满足 |
[11:21] | And the more revenge I get, the greater my appetite for it. | 复仇越多 我就渴望越多 |
[11:26] | The lad, sir. Think about Hareton. | 看看那小孩 先生 想想哈里顿吧 |
[11:34] | You are a good man, Saul. | 你真是好人 索尔 |
[11:38] | A good man. | 好人啊 |
[11:41] | I could have been a good man once but then I met Hindley. | 我原本也会是个好人 可我遇到了亨德利 |
[11:45] | One day I must sit you down | 将来我要和你坐下来好好谈谈 |
[11:48] | and you can tell me how to be good. | 你再告诉我怎样做好人 |
[11:54] | Gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[11:55] | thank you for a diverting evening. | 感谢你们带来这愉快的夜晚 |
[12:01] | See yourselves out. | 各位请便吧 |
[12:08] | Are you well, my love? | 你还好吧 亲爱的 |
[12:12] | Just a little tired. | 只是有点累 |
[12:16] | Perhaps now the weather grows finer, | 最近天气越来越好 |
[12:18] | we will see some more of Mr Heathcliff. | 或许我们会更常见到希斯克里夫先生 |
[12:21] | I think Mr Heathcliff has satisfied his curiosity | 希斯克里夫先生应该已满足了好奇心 |
[12:24] | and from now on we shall see very little of him. | 现在开始 不大会再露面了 |
[12:29] | That is a shame. | 真遗憾 |
[12:31] | Why so? | 为什么这么说 |
[12:33] | Because I liked him and I desired his company. | 因为我喜欢他 渴望他的陪伴 |
[12:37] | Surely you do not covet the admiration of Heathcliff? | 你不会指望希斯克里夫也爱上你吧 |
[12:40] | I hope I misunderstood you, Isabella | 希望我误解了你的意思 伊莎贝拉 |
[12:42] | You’ve not misunderstood me. | 你没误解 |
[12:44] | You can’t consider him an agreeable person. | 你可别以为他是合适人选 |
[12:46] | You are a dog in the manger, Cathy, | 你就是占马槽之狗 凯希 |
[12:47] | – and desire no-one to be loved but yourself! -That is enough! | -希望除了自己 别人都得不到爱 -够了 |
[12:51] | You shall not talk to my wife like that again, | 不许再对我妻子如此无礼 |
[12:53] | Isabella, you shall apologise! | 伊莎贝拉 你该道歉 |
[13:00] | I am sorry, sister. | 抱歉 嫂子 |
[13:29] | I knew you would come in the end! | 我就知道你一定会来 |
[13:31] | Is Miss Isabella at home? | 伊莎贝拉小姐在家吗 |
[13:34] | Miss Isabella? | 伊莎贝拉小姐 |
[13:36] | Is she home? | 她在家吗 |
[13:39] | Now, come. | 拜托 |
[13:40] | I like her too well to let you absolutely seize and devour her up. | 我很喜欢她 不允许你利用和毁了她 |
[13:45] | – Besides, I would not approve. – You would not approve? | -另外 我不同意你见她 -你不同意? |
[13:48] | You, who have treated me infernally? Infernally. Do you hear! | 你对我如此可恶 是可恶 听到了吗 |
[13:50] | And if you flatter yourself that I don’t perceive it, you are a fool. | 如果你还自作聪明地以为我不知道 你就是傻瓜 |
[13:53] | Darling, do not speak like this. | 亲爱的 别这么说 |
[13:55] | If you think I can be consoled by sweet words you are an idiot. | 如果你以为我还能被甜言蜜语控制 你就是蠢货 |
[14:01] | So I will ask you again, | 所以我再问一遍 |
[14:04] | is Miss Isabella at home? | 伊莎贝拉小姐在家吗 |
[14:13] | Heathcliff, | 希斯克里夫 |
[14:15] | I am proud to show you at last | 我很自豪地告诉你 |
[14:17] | somebody who dotes on you more than myself. | 有人比我自己更爱你 |
[14:20] | Sister, dear, I really don’t think… | 亲爱的嫂子 我觉得… |
[14:22] | I am sure that my poor little sister in law is breaking her heart | 我相信我可怜的小姑子 光是欣赏着 |
[14:24] | by mere contemplation of your physical and moral beauty. | 你身心的美 就已经陶醉了心 |
[14:27] | Cathy. This is most unfair! | 凯希 你太过分了 |
[14:32] | Be kind enough to excuse me. | 希望你不要介意 我先告退 |
[14:35] | Cathy forgets that you and I are not intimate acquaintances | 凯希忘了你和我算不上熟识好友 |
[14:38] | and what amuses her is painful to me beyond expression. | 她或许自觉玩笑很有趣 我却觉得痛苦难以言喻 |
[14:47] | You had no reason to treat the poor girl in such a manner. | 你不该拿那可怜的姑娘作乐的 |
[14:50] | Do not fret. | 别因此苦恼 |
[14:51] | I would as soon as put a canary in the park on a winter’s day | 我宁愿在寒冬将金丝雀扔进公园里冻死 |
[14:53] | than recommend she bestow her heart on you. | 也好过让她对你倾心 |
[14:55] | There would be a certain symmetry though, would there not? | 真能那样倒也很相称啊 不是吗 |
[14:59] | …in Miss Isabella Linton and I becoming lovers. | 我是说 如果伊莎贝拉·林顿和我成为情侣的话 |
[15:03] | Perhaps your fortune has changed you. | 或许你的财富让你变了 |
[15:05] | My fortune has changed me in every regard. | 我的财富在方方面面都改变了我 |
[15:09] | Except one. | 除了一点 |
[15:14] | And if I could change that too I would do so. | 如果那一点也能改变 我十分乐意 |
[16:01] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[16:03] | This is an agreement that Mr Heathcliff has the first option | 此协议规定 希斯克里夫先生有优先权 |
[16:08] | to purchase any more land and buildings you may wish to sell. | 购买你将来想出售的任何土地或建筑 |
[16:21] | This is the balance of the account, sir. | 这是你的账余额 先生 |
[16:25] | Joseph! Saddle up Hunter. | 约瑟夫 给”猎人”装上鞍 |
[16:28] | I’ll find a game in the “Bull” First, my luck has changed. | 我先去赌场找点乐子 我已经转运了 |
[16:37] | Had I known I could ruin that man in the space of three months, | 如果我早知道只用3个月就毁了那男人 |
[16:42] | I would have come back sooner. | 我就该早点回来的 |
[16:52] | I thought I would never find this place. | 我以为我永远找不到这地方呢 |
[16:55] | That’s why I told you to bring Cathy’s horse. | 所以我让你骑凯希的马过来 |
[16:58] | She could find her way up here in the dark. | 她的马就算在黑暗里也可以载你过来 |
[17:00] | Is this the place where you bring all your sweethearts? | 你把小情人都带到此处约会吗 |
[17:03] | Only Cathy before you. | 在你之前只有凯希 |
[17:05] | And is that how it is always going to be? | 以后永远都是那样吗 |
[17:07] | Cathy before me? | 凯希永远在我前面? |
[17:10] | I saw a spirit in you last time I saw you at the Grange, | 上次在画眉山庄 我在你身上看到了一种精神 |
[17:12] | Isabella, that has stayed with me. | 伊莎贝拉 那一直让我难以忘怀 |
[17:14] | It is as though your brother has a woman’s gentleness | 似乎你哥哥如妇人般柔弱 |
[17:17] | and you have all the fight. | 你却斗志顽强 |
[17:20] | I cannot tell whether you are flattering me or not. | 我分不清这话算不算是在恭维我 |
[17:23] | Everything you hear about me is bad. | 你听到的都是我的斑斑劣迹 |
[17:27] | Yet you see some good in me, | 但你却在我身上发现了善念 |
[17:30] | else why would you be here? | 不然你又怎会来此 |
[17:33] | Perhaps I am attracted to the bad in you. | 或许我就是喜欢你那坏男孩的特质 |
[17:36] | No. Do not make a joke of it. | 不 别拿那个开玩笑 |
[17:39] | A person who sees good in me is a sensation I experience so rarely | 我长这么大 很少有人在我身上看到善念 |
[17:43] | that it is enough to make me want to at least try to love you. | 那让我感动到想要去试着爱上你 |
[17:46] | I knew you are a man who presented a darkness to the world | 你展现给世界的都是阴暗面 |
[17:49] | because that is what protected you best. | 因为那样才能最好地保护你 |
[17:53] | And I know your soul must be in torment | 我知道你的灵魂一定受到煎熬 |
[17:55] | for you to believe such a thing. | 去相信阴暗才是对自己最好的保护 |
[18:15] | What are you about? Raising this stir? | 你到底想干什么 搅乱我们的生活 |
[18:18] | I said you must let Isabella alone, I beg you. | 我告诉过你不要碰伊莎贝拉 我求你 |
[18:21] | Unless you are tired of being received here | 除非你厌倦了在此受到招待 |
[18:23] | and wish Edgar to draw the bolts against you! | 希望埃德加将你赶出去 |
[18:25] | God forbid he should try! God keep him meek and patient! | 他大可那么做 他竟然能忍到现在 |
[18:29] | I love Heathcliff more than you have ever loved Edgar | 我对希斯克里夫的爱远胜你对埃德加的爱 |
[18:31] | and he might love me if you would let him! | 如果你不再纠缠 他或许也会爱上我 |
[18:34] | I know he could never love a Linton! | 他永远不会爱上林顿家族的人 |
[18:36] | And yet he’s quite capable of marrying you to hurt me, | 他却可以利用娶你来伤害我 |
[18:39] | he has as good as told me! | 他早告诉过我了 |
[18:41] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[18:48] | What is it to you? I have a right to kiss her, if she chooses, | 你是怎么回事 我有权亲她 只要她愿意 |
[18:51] | and you have no right to object! | 你根本无权反对 |
[18:53] | I am not your husband. | 我不是你丈夫 |
[18:55] | There is no need for you to be jealous. | 你完全不必醋意大发 |
[18:56] | If you like Isabella, you shall marry her. | 如果你爱伊莎贝拉 你大可娶她 |
[18:59] | But, do you like her, Heathcliff? Tell the truth! | 但你真的爱她吗 希斯克里夫 说真话 |
[19:02] | Answer me. | 回答我 |
[19:05] | Answer me! | 回答我 |
[19:08] | You will not leave here until you answer me! | 你不回答我就休想离开 |
[19:19] | If I imagined you wished me to marry Isabella, | 如果我幻想过你会乐意我娶伊莎贝拉 |
[19:22] | – I’d cut my throat! – Take her, if it pleases you! | -我就割喉而死 -娶她吧 如果能让你高兴的话 |
[19:24] | You clearly prefer the bliss of inflicting misery | 显然你对复仇的渴望 |
[19:26] | to the bliss of our love! | 远胜过我们的爱 |
[19:31] | This is insufferable! | 是可忍孰不可忍 |
[19:34] | It is disgraceful that you should own him for a friend | 真是奇耻大辱 你要认他做朋友 |
[19:36] | and force his company on me. | 并将他强留在我身边 |
[19:39] | Is that how you call it, sir? | 你如此谓之吗 先生 |
[19:41] | I have so far been forbearing with you, sir. | 我一直忍你到现在 先生 |
[19:45] | Your presence is | 你的存在 |
[19:47] | a moral poison that would contaminate the most virtuous. | 会毒害世上最贞洁的圣人 |
[19:51] | For that cause, and to prevent worse consequences, | 因此 为了防止出现更恶劣的后果 |
[19:53] | I shall deny you, hereafter, admission into this house. | 我禁止你从此踏入画眉山庄半步 |
[20:00] | Cathy, this lamb of yours threatens like a bull! | 凯希 你的绵羊丈夫像公牛一样发怒威胁我 |
[20:06] | It is in danger of splitting its skull against my knuckles. | 险些就要与我激斗了 |
[20:10] | I require your instant departure, sir. | 我请你立刻离开 先生 |
[20:11] | One minute’s delay will render it involuntary and ignominious. | 多待一分钟都是玷污和耻辱 |
[20:14] | – No, I will not move until I hear an apology from you. – An apology? | -不行 你必须先道歉才能离开 -道歉? |
[20:17] | After constant indulgence of both men, | 一直以来我对你们百般宽容 |
[20:19] | I earn for thanks two samples of blinding gratitude! | 得到的回报却是你们狼心狗肺 毫无感激 |
[20:22] | Edgar, I was defending you and yours. | 埃德加 我刚刚是在维护你和你家人 |
[20:25] | Cathy, please get out of my way. | 凯希 请让开 |
[20:26] | – Apologise. – Get out of my way! | -道歉 -让开 |
[20:27] | Make an apology or allow yourself to be beaten. | 道歉 或者挨揍 |
[20:33] | All I want is your happiness! | 我一心只想让你幸福 |
[20:38] | But I am, I must admit, utterly defeated in this. | 但我必须承认 我彻底败了 |
[20:44] | Indeed I can only attribute your spite and venom and betrayal | 我只能将你的恶意 怨恨 和背叛 |
[20:49] | to some unfathomable damage deep inside your heart. | 归因于你心中深不见底的伤害 |
[20:52] | To think anything else is to think so badly of you | 想些别的 都是对你的侮辱 |
[20:56] | that I cannot bear it. | 我实在无法承受 |
[20:59] | Well, I must compliment you on your taste, Cathy. | 我不得不赞美你的品位了 凯希 |
[21:03] | This is the slavering thing you would prefer to me! | 你居然为了如此之辈而抛弃了我 |
[21:12] | Heathcliff! No! I beg you! | 希斯克里夫 不要 我求你了 |
[21:16] | Go! | 快走 |
[21:41] | Remain where you are, Cathy. | 站住 凯希 |
[21:43] | I shall not stay. But I wish to learn whether after this day’s events, | 我不会留在家里的 但我想知道经过今天的事 |
[21:48] | you intend to continue your intimacy… | 你想继续保持你和他的亲密关系… |
[21:50] | Oh, for mercy’s sake! Just let us hear no more of it! | 饶了我吧 别再提这事了 |
[21:52] | To get rid of me – answer my question. | 想让我不再烦你 就回答我的问题 |
[21:55] | Will you give up Heathcliff hereafter or will you give up me? | 你愿从此放弃希斯克里夫还是放弃我 |
[22:00] | It is impossible to be my friend and his at the same time | 你不能同时做我和他的朋友 |
[22:03] | and I absolutely require to know which you choose. | 我必须清楚地知道你的选择 |
[22:06] | – You cannot make me choose! – I demand it! | -你不能逼我做选择 -我一定要 |
[22:08] | And if I choose to remain friends with him? | 如果我选择继续和他做朋友呢 |
[22:13] | Then I shall ask you to leave this house. | 那我就得请你离开画眉山庄了 |
[22:20] | May I speak? | 我能说句话吗 |
[22:22] | To chastise me for my weakness? To mock me for my kindness? | 咒骂我的柔弱吗 嘲笑我的善良吗 |
[22:25] | If you hear me out and you still want me to leave, | 如果你听完我的话 仍然希望我离开 |
[22:27] | then I shall relinquish any claim I have on you. | 我一定从此和你断得干干净净 |
[22:31] | Very well. | 很好 |
[22:35] | If you cast me out, you shall cast out both your wife and child. | 如果你赶我走 那你就是将你的妻儿一起赶出门 |
[22:37] | I am with child, Edgar. | 我怀孕了 埃德加 |
[22:44] | I’m with child. | 我怀孕了 |
[23:16] | – I came to you. – So I see. | -我奔向你而来 -我看见了 |
[23:19] | Though after your brother’s threats and entreaties, | 尽管你哥哥百般威胁恳求 |
[23:21] | I had rather you didn’t. | 我宁愿你不来 |
[23:24] | He has, after all, threatened my life. | 他竟然 威胁要取我的命 |
[23:27] | Cathy is with child. | 凯希怀孕了 |
[23:34] | You are lying. | 你在说谎 |
[23:39] | Has Edgar put you up to this? | 是埃德加让你来骗我的吗 |
[23:41] | Sir, | 先生 |
[23:43] | any loyalty I feel in this is entirely to you. | 我的内心只对你忠诚 |
[23:47] | That is why I have come here to tell you this. | 所以我才来告诉你 |
[23:50] | Even though he warned me that if I was insane enough | 尽管他警告我 如果我疯狂到无可救药 |
[23:53] | to encourage what he calls my worthless suitor, | 投奔他所谓的我那无用的追求者 |
[23:55] | he will dissolve all bonds of relationship between him and me. | 他就会断绝和我全部的关系 |
[24:00] | Yet, as you see, I am here. | 但是 正如你所见 我还是来了 |
[24:30] | Feed and water the horses then bed them down. | 给马喂水喂食 妥善安顿 |
[24:32] | My bride and I shall be staying here for the night. | 今晚我和我的新娘将在此歇息 |
[24:50] | Could you…? My fastenings. | 能帮我… 松扣带吗 |
[25:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:29] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[25:34] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[26:02] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[26:03] | Isabella has gone. She has run off with Mr Heathcliff! | 伊莎贝拉走了 她跟希斯克里夫私奔了 |
[26:06] | This is not true. It cannot be. | 你弄错了吧 怎么可能 |
[26:08] | The lad who fetches the milk told me | 取牛奶的小仆人告诉我 |
[26:10] | they were spotted two miles out of Gimmerton. | 有人在格明顿外两英里处发现他们了 |
[26:12] | And I have checked her room and her bed is not slept in | 我去检查过她的房间了 她的床根本没睡过 |
[26:13] | so they have a day’s start! | 他们已经出走一整天了 |
[26:16] | How will you catch up with them? | 我们要怎样才能追上他们啊 |
[26:18] | She went of her own accord. | 她自愿离开的 |
[26:19] | She had a right to go if she pleased. | 如果她愿意 她有权随他而去 |
[26:21] | No, master. She is bewitched! | 不 主人 她是被蛊惑了 |
[26:23] | Hereafter she is only my sister in name, | 此次以后她只是我名义上的妹妹 |
[26:26] | not because I disown her, | 不是我断绝与她的关系 |
[26:27] | but because she has disowned me. | 而是她断绝了与我的关系 |
[26:29] | And who will tell the mistress of this turn of events? | 谁来告诉夫人这件事呢 |
[26:33] | No-one. | 谁也不许说 |
[26:35] | Since Isabella is no longer a member of her family, | 既然伊莎贝拉已经不再是这个家的一员 |
[26:37] | she needn’t be troubled by news of her. | 没必要拿她的事去烦夫人 |
[26:42] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 主人 |
[26:54] | – You are deceiving me! – Shush, mistress. | -你在骗我 -小声点 夫人 |
[26:58] | I promised the Master I would not tell you. | 我向主人保证过不告诉你的 |
[27:00] | I thought it might help you to accept your new life | 我想你或许可以因此更坦然地接受新生活 |
[27:02] | – if you knew what Heathcliff… – If I knew what? | -因为你知道希斯克里夫… -我知道什么啊 |
[27:05] | That Heathcliff has betrayed me? | 知道希斯克里夫已经背叛了我 |
[27:06] | That he has put a knife through my heart? | 他将尖刀刺入我的胸膛吗 |
[27:08] | Give over that talk! | 快别那么说 |
[27:15] | – Stop that! – Miss Cathy. | -不要 -凯希小姐 |
[27:17] | Mistress! | 夫人 |
[27:20] | Get off me! | 别碰我 |
[27:21] | Just stop that! | 别闹了 |
[27:28] | Please, my love. | 求你了 我的心肝 |
[27:30] | Please. | 求你了 |
[27:37] | It’s all right, my love. It’s all right. | 没事的 小心肝 没事的 |
[27:42] | You were dreaming. | 你做噩梦了 |
[27:47] | Stay with me, Nelly. | 别离开我 奈莉 |
[27:50] | If only I were in my own bed in the old house. | 若我此刻睡在以前的旧床上就好了 |
[27:55] | And that wind rattling against the lattice. | 听着风穿过篱笆的呼呼声 |
[28:00] | Do let me feel it. | 让我再感受一次吧 |
[28:02] | It comes straight down the moor. Let me… | 风从荒野上呼啸而下 让我… |
[28:05] | Let me have one breath! | 让我再呼吸一次那寒风吧 |
[28:18] | When will Heathcliff return? | 希斯克里夫何时归来 |
[28:22] | I do not know. | 我不知道 |
[28:24] | If he felt anything for you | 若他对你仍存旧爱 |
[28:26] | he would never return and let you be. | 他就永远不会回来 从此放开你 |
[28:30] | Now try and put him out of your mind. | 现在你要做的就是不再想他 |
[28:36] | I cannot, Nelly. | 我做不到 奈莉 |
[28:39] | I cannot. | 我做不到 |
[28:45] | He will not let me. | 他不会让我如愿的 |
[28:58] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪儿 |
[29:01] | Although it may not appear to be the case, | 尽管听起来不像是真的 |
[29:03] | I have tried over these past four months to make myself love you | 但过去的四个月里 我试图让自己爱上你 |
[29:10] | but I cannot. | 但我做不到 |
[29:17] | What is preventing such a thing from happening? | 是什么让你无法爱上我呢 |
[29:20] | – I think you know. – Nevertheless, | -你明知故问 -尽管如此 |
[29:23] | I would like to hear you say her name. | 我希望听到你说出她的名字 |
[29:27] | Your eyes detestably resemble your brother’s… | 你的眼睛像极了你哥哥… |
[29:31] | a dove’s eyes, an angel’s eyes. | 白鸽之眼 天使之眼 |
[29:36] | So I cannot bear to look at them without wishing you ill. | 我看着你的眼睛 只会对你充满恶毒的诅咒 |
[29:39] | I abandoned my elegancies, | 我抛下身段 |
[29:41] | my comforts and my friends of my former home to marry you. | 放弃优越生活 背弃朋友和家人 只为嫁给你 |
[29:44] | You married me under a delusion. | 你深陷幻觉才嫁给我的吧 |
[29:47] | Then you shall let me go home to the Grange, sir. | 那你就该放我回画眉山庄 先生 |
[29:49] | You shall go home | 你可以回家 |
[29:51] | but not to the Grange. The Heights will be your home | 但不是回画眉山庄 呼啸山庄就是你的家 |
[29:54] | and I will not have you disgracing me by rambling abroad. | 你也别想逃往外国 让我蒙羞 |
[29:58] | I cannot allow that. | 我绝不允许 |
[30:00] | Surely in your heart you feel some pity. | 你心中定尚存几分怜悯吧 |
[30:05] | I have no pity. | 我毫无怜悯之心 |
[30:08] | I have no pity. | 绝无怜悯之心 |
[30:35] | Joseph! Joseph! | 约瑟夫 约瑟夫 |
[30:37] | Where are you? Damn you. | 你在哪儿 你个该死的 |
[31:03] | Is he come back then? | 他回来了吗 |
[31:06] | I thought he had gone for good. | 我以为他不回来了 |
[31:09] | We came just now. | 我们才回来 |
[31:11] | But he left me and as I don’t know where he is… | 但他撇下我了 我不知道他去哪… |
[31:15] | Be sure to lock your door. | 你可要把门锁好了 |
[31:18] | I cannot resist going up there with this every night | 我每晚都控制不住拿着这个上楼去 |
[31:22] | and trying his door. | 试着开他的门 |
[31:25] | If once I find it open, | 如果哪次门没锁 |
[31:28] | he’s done for! | 他就死定了 |
[31:51] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[31:52] | I am tired after my journey. | 我感到旅途劳顿 |
[31:56] | I will show you to your room. | 我会带你去你的房间 |
[31:59] | – My room? – I sleep in here. | -我的房间? -我一个人在这儿睡 |
[32:19] | What news is there of Cathy? | 有凯希的消息吗 |
[32:22] | Mrs Linton has not been well. | 林顿太太不太好 |
[32:25] | She’ll never be like she was, but her life is spared. | 她保住了性命 但再不会恢复到以前那样了 |
[32:28] | If you really have a regard for her, | 如果你真在乎她 |
[32:29] | you’ll shun crossing her way again. | 就不该再去纠缠她 |
[32:31] | I must exact from you a promise | 你必须答应我 |
[32:33] | that you’ll get me an interview with her. | 让我再跟她见面 |
[32:36] | I say you must not. | 绝对不可能 |
[32:38] | And you never shall through my means. She is too weak. | 别妄想我会帮你 她太虚弱了 |
[32:40] | Consent or refuse, I will see her! | 不管你同不同意 我都要见她 |
[32:45] | You know as well as I do for every thought she spends on Edgar, | 你我心里都清楚 她每想埃德加一次 |
[32:48] | she spends a thousand on me. | 就会想我千百次 |
[32:50] | And if I thought it were otherwise, | 如果我所思有异 |
[32:51] | two words would comprehend my future… death and hell. | 那我将生不如死 如坠地狱 |
[32:58] | Do not persist in this, sir, | 不要再纠缠了 先生 |
[33:01] | or I shall be obliged to inform my master | 否则我将有义务告知我的主人 |
[33:03] | and he shall take measures to secure his house. | 而他会采取措施保护他的家 |
[33:21] | – Who did you see today, Nelly? – No-one in particular. | -你今天见到谁了 奈莉 -也没谁 |
[33:25] | Joseph at church, of course, | 在教堂倒是见到约瑟夫了 |
[33:26] | outpraying the Bishop as usual. | 像往常一样烦着主教不停地祈祷 |
[33:30] | You’re lying to me, aren’t you? | 你在撒谎 对不对 |
[33:33] | You have too much imagination and I have too little. | 你的想象力太丰富而我则太匮乏 |
[33:39] | I cannot make sense of you some days. | 有时候都弄不懂你什么意思 |
[33:43] | I know he is back. | 我知道他回来了 |
[33:48] | I can feel him close, so there is no use in trying to deceive me. | 我能感觉到他在附近 你想骗我是没用的 |
[33:57] | Why am I so changed? | 我为何容颜骤变 |
[33:59] | Well, you eat so little and you will not drink | 你不怎么吃饭 又不肯喝水 |
[34:01] | and you’ve made yourself weak. | 你把自己弄得虚弱憔悴了 |
[34:04] | I wish I were outdoors. | 我真想出去 |
[34:07] | I wish I were a girl again… | 我真想回到少女时代 |
[34:10] | – all savage, hardy and free. – Come, come. | -精力旺盛 到处疯野 -好了 好了 |
[34:15] | You are a young woman. | 你是个少妇了 |
[34:16] | You are going to bring a new young life into the world. | 你就要把一个新生命带进这个世界了 |
[34:20] | You are blessed, if only you could see it. | 你是幸运的 但愿你明白 |
[34:25] | Open the window wide again. | 再把窗户打开 |
[34:27] | Open it. | 打开 |
[34:29] | I will not give you a death of cold. | 我不会让你受凉致死的 |
[34:33] | I’m not helpless yet. I’ll do it myself. | 我又不是废人 我自己开 |
[35:19] | Heathcliff! | 希斯克里夫 |
[35:28] | Heath…Heathcliff. | 希斯…希斯克里夫 |
[35:34] | Heathcliff. | 希斯克里夫 |
[35:49] | Come on, she was seen out there, sir. | 走吧 有人在外边看到她 先生 |
[35:53] | I think she will have headed up to the crags, sir! | 我觉得她会上峭壁去的 先生 |
[35:55] | If we waste time going there and you are wrong… | 如果你错了 我们却浪费时间跑上去找… |
[35:58] | It is where she went as a child. | 她小时候就老去那里 |
[36:00] | -It was a favourite place for… – For both of them. | -那是她最喜欢的地方 -他们最喜欢的地方 |
[36:08] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:18] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:22] | My love! | 我的爱人 |
[36:27] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:31] | My love! | 我的爱人 |
[36:39] | My love! | 我的爱人 |
[36:47] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:49] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:50] | – Cathy! – I see no sign of she, sir. | -凯希 -没看到她 先生 |
[36:53] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:54] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:55] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:56] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[36:59] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[37:05] | Oh, Cathy. | 凯希 |
[37:09] | My love. | 我的爱人 |
[37:12] | Am I come home? | 我回家了吗 |
[37:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:17] | Yes, you are home. We are home. | 是的 你回家了 我们都回家了 |
[37:22] | And we will wander these moors for all eternity. | 我们会永远在这片荒原上漫步 |
[37:28] | I thought you had forgotten me. | 我以为你已经忘了我 |
[37:32] | You know that I could as soon forget you as my own existence. | 你知道就算我忘记自己的存在 也不会忘了你 |
[37:40] | And what of Edgar and… | 那埃德加呢… |
[37:45] | There is no Edgar. | 没有埃德加 |
[37:48] | There is no Hindley. | 也没有亨德利 |
[37:51] | There is just you and I. | 只有你和我 |
[37:55] | Just you and I. | 只有你和我 |
[37:59] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[38:12] | She is here. | 她在这儿 |
[38:17] | Damn you. She is here! | 该死的 她在这儿 |
[38:30] | The pneumonia has a grip on her lungs. | 肺炎严重损伤了她的肺 |
[38:33] | She has neither the constitution nor, | 就她的身体状况已无法战胜病魔 |
[38:35] | it seems, the will to recover. | 并且似乎 她也没有求生的意志 |
[38:39] | Hell, is that all you can say? Is there nothing you can do? | 该死的 你就能说这些吗 你就不能做点什么吗 |
[38:42] | It’ll be a miracle if I can keep her alive until she’s gone full term. | 要保证她活到怀孕足月生产 那除非是奇迹发生 |
[38:46] | I believe if the child is not born tonight, neither will survive. | 我想如果孩子今晚生不下来 母子都难以幸免 |
[39:01] | Dear, sweet Edgar. | 亲爱的好埃德加 |
[39:06] | Why could you not love someone worthy | 你为何不爱上一个配得上 |
[39:09] | of your affection and gentleness? | 你的爱和温柔的人呢 |
[39:16] | You know our child will be loved and cherished, do you not? | 我们的孩子会被我视为掌上明珠 疼爱有加 |
[39:22] | But not too tame. | 别太乖了 |
[39:25] | Our child shall wander the moors and be free | 我们的孩子会在荒原上自由地奔跑 |
[39:29] | as any child must with your blood running through their veins. | 流淌着你的血的孩子 定会如此 |
[39:59] | When I was a child, | 我还是个孩子的时候 |
[40:01] | my father went on a trip. | 我父亲去旅行 |
[40:04] | And he asked me and my sister what presents we would like. | 他问我和我妹妹 想要什么礼物 |
[40:09] | I chose a fiddle. | 我要小提琴 |
[40:11] | And my sister, already a good rider, | 我妹妹 当时已是个好骑手 |
[40:15] | asked for a new whip. | 要个新鞭子 |
[40:17] | But when he returned he did not bring us what we had asked for, | 可他回来的时候 却没带回来我们要的东西 |
[40:23] | he had brought you instead. | 却带回了你 |
[40:29] | Cathy is dying. | 凯希要死了 |
[40:32] | And you grew and grew like a big fat cuckoo | 而你就长啊长啊 像只肥大的占巢之鸟 |
[40:37] | and now look at you sitting there | 现在看看你 坐在那里 |
[40:40] | as if you are already master of the house. | 一副你已经是庄园主的样子 |
[40:45] | Your sister is dying. | 你妹妹要死了 |
[40:49] | Cathy is dying. | 凯希要死了 |
[40:51] | You do not fool me, Heathcliff. | 休想骗我 希斯克里夫 |
[40:54] | You wear your finer feelings | 你表现出的仁慈之心 |
[40:57] | like you wear those gentleman’s clothes… badly. | 就像你身上好衣服一样 跟你完全不搭 |
[41:01] | You are nothing more than a gypsy bastard | 你就是个吉普赛杂种 |
[41:05] | and so your love for Cathy can only be a pretend love. | 所以你对凯希的爱也只是虚情假意 |
[41:10] | Your grief for her, a pretence. | 你对她的哀痛也只是 兔死狐悲 |
[41:16] | Don’t you say her name. | 不许你说她的名字 |
[41:19] | Don’t you say her name. | 不许你说她的名字 |
[41:31] | – Stop! – Don’t you say her name! | -住手 -不许你说她的名字 |
[41:36] | Don’t you say her name! | 不许你说她的名字 |
[41:39] | Don’t you say her name! | 不许你说她的名字 |
[41:44] | – No! – Stop! | -不 -住手 |
[41:47] | – You will kill him! – You will hang for it! | -你会杀死他的 -你会被绞死的 |
[41:54] | I long to die! | 我有意赴死 |
[42:00] | I would die a thousand deaths if I knew she were waiting for me! | 如果我知道她在等着我 我愿死上千万次 |
[42:04] | I am leaving now. | 我要走了 |
[42:07] | I think it fair that you let me leave unmolested. | 我想你该干脆地放我走 |
[42:10] | – Be gone! – After all, | -走吧 -毕竟 |
[42:13] | it is better to be hated by you than loved by you. | 你的爱比你的恨更残忍折磨 |
[42:18] | I see that now. | 我现在懂了 |
[42:20] | So I think I owe you a queer sort of gratitude | 所以我想 从某种奇怪的角度 我还该感激你 |
[42:23] | that you spared me your love and its murderous effects. | 感谢你没有爱上我 你的爱会致人死地 |
[42:27] | Be gone! Be gone! | 走吧 走吧 |
[43:09] | Will you let me see Cathy or must I fight my way in? | 你是让我见见凯希 还是我要杀进去 |
[43:13] | She is weak. | 她很虚弱 |
[43:16] | – She is dying. – Then you know she would wish to see me. | -她要死了 -那你就该知道她此刻很想见我 |
[43:20] | Obey her dying wishes even if you no longer take heed of mine. | 就算你不在乎我的想法 也该遵从她的临终遗愿 |
[43:38] | Sleep, sleep my love. | 睡吧 睡吧 我的爱人 |
[43:43] | Let me die in your arms. | 让我死在你的臂弯里吧 |
[43:46] | Don’t leave me. | 别离开我 |
[43:49] | Don’t leave me. | 别离开我 |
[44:09] | Edgar. | 埃德加 |
[44:11] | Edgar. | 埃德加 |
[44:13] | Oh, Edgar! How sweet it feels to see you again. | 埃德加 能再见到你真太好了 |
[44:17] | I beg your forgiveness! | 我求你原谅我 |
[44:19] | Forgiveness? I have nothing to forgive you. | 原谅 我没什么可原谅你的 |
[44:25] | – Then you are not angry? – I am not angry. | -那你不生气吗 -我不生气 |
[44:28] | I am sorry to have lost you, | 失去你我很遗憾 |
[44:30] | especially as I can never think you will be happy. | 特别是当我想到你永远都不会幸福的 |
[44:35] | I am carrying his child, Edgar! | 我怀了他的孩子 埃德加 |
[44:39] | And I have nowhere and nothing! | 我无路可走 一无所有 |
[44:44] | Please. How can I make amends? | 求你 我要怎么赎罪 |
[44:47] | If you should really wish to oblige me, | 如果你真想帮助我 |
[44:49] | then return to the villain you married | 那就回到你嫁的那个恶人身边 |
[44:50] | and persuade him to leave the country. | 劝他离开这个国家吧 |
[44:56] | Do not close your heart to me! | 不要对我如此无情 |
[44:59] | Do not close your heart! | 不要对我毫不关心 |
[45:09] | The servants are returning from church. | 仆人从教堂回来了 |
[45:11] | My master will not be far behind. | 我家主人也很快会回来 |
[45:13] | I cannot go. | 我不能走 |
[45:15] | I shall not go, I tell you. | 我告诉你 我不会走的 |
[45:17] | For heaven’s sake! Just go for one hour. | 天啊 你就离开一小时 |
[45:19] | I will come to you when the master leaves the house, please. | 等主人离开家我会去找你的 求你了 |
[45:23] | Not for one minute! | 我一刻都不能离开 |
[45:24] | You must. Mr Edgar will be up immediately! | 你必须走 埃德加先生马上就会上来了 |
[45:29] | I promised her. | 我答应她了 |
[45:31] | This will be the last time. | 这是我们最后在一起的时光了 |
[45:35] | She begged me to stay! | 她求我留下的 |
[45:36] | She does not know what she says. | 她不知道自己在说什么 |
[45:41] | What in God’s name? | 这怎么回事 |
[45:42] | Unless you are a fiend, you will take her! | 除非你是魔鬼 否则你就抱着她 |
[45:43] | You will take her and you will comfort her. | 你抱着她 给她最后的安慰 |
[45:56] | I shall not refuse to go out of doors. | 我会离开房子 |
[45:59] | But I will stay in the garden, | 但我会留在花园 |
[46:01] | and mind you keep to your word, Nelly. | 你要遵守你的诺言 奈莉 |
[46:05] | I shall be under the larch trees. | 我会站在落叶松下面 |
[46:07] | Nelly, send for Dr Kenneth. Now, send for him, woman! | 奈莉 快去找肯尼斯医生 你快去啊 |
[46:19] | Doctor, thank God. | 医生 谢天谢地 |
[46:24] | Please come. Please. | 快来 请进 |
[46:29] | Her breathing is shallow. I fear for our baby. | 她呼吸很弱 我担心孩子的状况 |
[47:02] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[47:07] | I didn’t have to wait for you to learn that. | 我不用等你来也猜到了 |
[47:09] | Stop snivelling before me. | 别在我面前哭鼻子了 |
[47:13] | Damn you all. She wants none of your tears. | 去你们的 她不需要你们任何人的眼泪 |
[47:18] | Yes, she’s dead. | 没错 她死了 |
[47:21] | Gone to heaven, I hope. | 希望她进了天堂 |
[47:22] | Oh, did she die like a saint? | 她像圣人那样死去了吗 |
[47:25] | You poor wretch. | 你可怜的人 |
[47:28] | Your pride cannot blind God. | 你的傲慢无法蒙蔽上帝 |
[47:33] | How did she die? | 她怎么死的 |
[47:37] | She lay with a sweet smile on her face | 她躺在那儿 脸上还带着甜美的微笑 |
[47:39] | and her baby at her breast. | 她的婴孩靠在她的胸前 |
[47:42] | His bastard lived, then. | 那么说他的杂种活下来了 |
[47:45] | Cathy’s life closed in a gentle dream. | 凯希的生命如美梦般结束 |
[47:49] | May she wake as kindly in the other world. | 愿她在另一个世界安详地醒来 |
[47:51] | May she wake in torment! | 愿她痛苦地醒来 |
[47:55] | I pray one prayer I repeat it till my tongue stiffens… | 我只有一个祈愿 我会一直祈祷到舌头僵硬 |
[48:00] | Cathy Earnshaw, may you not rest, | 凯希·恩肖 愿你不得安息 |
[48:03] | not while I’m living. | 我活着你就休想 |
[49:10] | You said I killed you. | 你说是我杀了你 |
[49:16] | Haunt me, then. | 那就做鬼缠着我 |
[49:20] | Be with me always. | 永远游荡在我身边 |
[49:24] | Take any form. Drive me mad, but don’t leave me | 随你怎样 逼疯我 但别离我而去 |
[49:28] | in the abyss, where I cannot find you. | 留我在深渊中独自一人 找不到你 |
[49:34] | I cannot live without my life. | 没了你 我的生命似已完结 |
[49:40] | I cannot live without my soul. | 没了你 我的灵魂似已瓦解 |
[50:13] | Being married will will not be such a bad thing, will it, Catherine? | 结婚也不是件坏事 不是吗 凯瑟琳 |
[50:16] | I’m going to see my father. | 我要去看我父亲 |
[50:17] | This locket was your mother’s. | 这个挂坠是你母亲的 |
[50:20] | I hope you’ll be a dutiful daughter. | 希望你成为一个尽职的儿媳 |
[50:22] | I defy you to frighten me! | 我不会被你吓倒 |
[50:27] | Have you heard how your wife speaks to me, Linton? | 听到你妻子怎么跟我说话了吗 林顿 |
[50:29] | If you cannot take her in hand perhaps I’ll have to do so myself. | 如果你管不了她 我可以自己来 |
[50:34] | Linton loves me and for that reason I love him. | 林顿爱我 因此我也爱他 |
[50:37] | Mr Heathcliff, you have nobody to love you | 希斯克里夫先生 你是一个没人爱的可怜之人 |
[50:40] | and however miserable you make us, | 不管你让我们如何痛苦 |
[50:42] | we shall still have the revenge of thinking that | 我们也可以在内心享受报复你的快感 |
[50:45] | your cruelty rises from your greater misery! | 因为你的残忍源自你比我们更惨烈的痛苦 |
[50:57] | Nelly! Nelly! | 奈莉 奈莉 |
[50:58] | – Is he still alive? – Yes. | -他还健在吗 -是的 |
[51:00] | Yes, my angel, he is! | 是的 小天使 他尚活着 |
[51:07] | Forgive me. Please forgive me. | 原谅我 求你原谅我 |
[51:10] | There is nothing to forgive. | 没什么需要我原谅的 |
[51:13] | Tell me one thing, Catherine, and tell me the truth. | 告诉我一件事 凯瑟琳 说实话 |
[51:18] | Do you love Linton? | 你爱林顿吗 |
[51:21] | Will he make you happy? | 他会使你快乐吗 |
[51:23] | He will make me very happy, Father. | 他会让我非常快乐 父亲 |
[51:26] | And Mr Heathcliff has said that we shall live here | 希斯克里夫先生说我们该住在这 |
[51:30] | Linton and I together. | 林顿和我住一起 |
[51:32] | And we will fill the house with children and happiness. | 我们会生儿育女 让家里一片欢腾 |
[51:37] | Then I can go to her. | 那我就可以放心追随她去了 |
[51:40] | I have been very happy with my little Catherine. | 跟我的女儿凯瑟琳一起生活我很幸福 |
[51:51] | Oh, I see. Playing the loyal servants to the last, are we? | 我明白了 到最后也要做忠诚的仆人 是吗 |
[51:56] | Make haste and get my daughter’s things together. | 抓紧 把我儿媳的东西准备好 |
[51:58] | And don’t oblige me to compel you. | 别逼我强迫你 |
[52:00] | Why not let Catherine continue here? | 为什么不让凯瑟琳住在这儿 |
[52:03] | And send Master Linton to her. | 让林顿少爷跟她一起住 |
[52:05] | I’m seeking another tenant for the Grange. | 我在为画眉山庄找新的房客 |
[52:07] | And I want my children about me, to be sure. | 再说我当然希望我的孩子在我身边 |
[52:16] | You are on my property. | 你们站在我的地盘上 |
[52:19] | Stand to one side, else I’ll have the constable on you! | 站一边去 不然我就找治安官了 |
[52:23] | This is Green, my solicitor. | 这位是格林 我的律师 |
[52:26] | He will give each of you a notice to quit. | 他会给你们一人一张解聘书 |
[52:52] | Put it down there. | 放在那吧 |
[52:56] | It is cold up here. | 房里真冷 |
[52:59] | Perhaps you should come | 或许你应该下楼 |
[53:01] | down and sit by the fire for a few moments, | 在火炉旁坐一会儿 |
[53:04] | just while Linton sleeps. | 反正林顿也在安睡 |
[53:06] | I will stay up here. | 我要陪着他 |
[53:10] | I brought you a book. | 我给你带来一本书 |
[53:13] | Nelly said you might like it. | 奈莉说你会喜欢 |
[53:16] | Thought you might be in need of distraction. | 我想你需要点东西来转移注意力 |
[53:44] | Catherine, come and sit by the fire, my love. | 凯瑟琳 来火炉旁边坐 亲爱的 |
[53:47] | Just while Linton sleeps. | 林顿正好睡着了 |
[53:49] | We’ll listen out for him, won’t we, Hareton? | 我们会留心他的 对吧 哈里顿 |
[53:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[54:03] | Lapwing. Bonny bird, | 田凫 漂亮的小鸟 |
[54:06] | it wheels over your head on the moor | 它在荒野上飞过你的头顶 |
[54:07] | and he’s trying to get to his nest. | 回到它的巢 |
[54:09] | Perhaps, one day we could take a walk and look for nests. | 或许 哪天我们可以出去走走 去找它的巢 |
[54:13] | That one we could. | 没问题 |
[54:17] | I have been to my solicitor. | 我去找了我的律师 |
[54:20] | Linton has bequeathed me all of his estate. | 林顿把他的财产都给我了 |
[54:23] | When he dies, you will be destitute. | 他死后 你将一无所有 |
[54:27] | You’ll have no need for books! | 你用不着书 |
[54:28] | If I am as poor as you say, then I have every need of books | 如果我如你所说那样贫穷 我需要尽可能多的书 |
[54:32] | to help me escape my miserable fate! | 来帮助我脱离这悲惨的命运 |
[54:36] | What a hideous tyrant. | 真是令人厌恶的暴君 |
[54:39] | And you… sitting there like a dumb ox while he abuses me! | 而你 在他欺凌我的时候 像头阉牛一样傻坐着 |
[54:43] | What was I supposed to have done? | 我能做什么呢 |
[54:45] | “What was I supposed to have done?” | “我能做什么” |
[54:46] | Stand up to the fiend! | 和那恶魔对抗啊 |
[54:48] | How would you like it if I abused your father? | 我顶撞你父亲你会喜欢吗 |
[54:50] | He’s not your father. Hindley was your father | 他不是你的父亲 亨德利是你的父亲 |
[54:53] | and Heathcliff ruined him and drove him to an early grave. | 希斯克里夫毁了他 使他英年早逝 |
[54:56] | Heathcliff showed me more love than my father. | 希斯克里夫比我父亲更爱我 |
[54:58] | Yes. So that he could trick you out of your rightful inheritance. | 那样是为了迷惑你 让你放弃属于你的遗产 |
[55:01] | Don’t speak of Heathcliff like that! | 别那样说希斯克里夫 |
[55:04] | – I’d rather you would abuse me. – Very well. | -我宁愿让你伤害我 -好 |
[55:07] | I had thought your dumb state was down to your upbringing | 我本以为你的愚蠢是因为你没有教养 |
[55:10] | but now I see it is the state you prefer, | 但现在我明白了 你很享受此般愚蠢 |
[55:12] | much like a dog or a cart-horse! | 就像是看门狗或是拉车马 |
[55:15] | And if I ever needed proof, | 如果需要证明的话 |
[55:16] | it is your cowardice in not standing to that man! | 你是因为懦弱而无法直面那个男人 |
[55:20] | You’re a damned liar! | 你是骗子 |
[55:21] | Why have I made him angry, by taking your part then? | 我为什么要因为袒护你而惹他生气 |
[55:24] | A hundred times? | 都已经上百次了 |
[55:26] | I shall have nothing to do with you | 我不会再和你有任何关系 |
[55:27] | and your mucky pride and your damned mocking tricks! | 跟你那肮脏的傲慢 以及恶毒的嘲讽划清界限 |
[55:30] | I shall go to hell, body and soul, before I look sideways at you again! | 我要是再瞧你一眼 身体和灵魂都该下地狱 |
[55:39] | Is that true, | 是真的吗 |
[55:41] | what Hareton said about taking my part? | 哈里顿说他袒护我 |
[55:43] | He has taken beatings for you. That is true. | 他为你挨打 这是真的 |
[55:47] | Why does he insist on defending Heathcliff? | 那他为何如此固执地维护希斯克里夫 |
[55:50] | Because he is attached to him by ties | 因为他跟希斯克里夫之间的情感纽带 |
[55:52] | stronger than reason can break | 是常理无法扯断的 |
[55:55] | and it is cruel of you to try and loosen them. | 你那般强硬地去扯断是很残忍的 |
[56:19] | Come in, Cathy. | 进来 凯希 |
[56:22] | Cathy, do come, please. | 凯希 求你进来 |
[56:26] | Please come in. | 进来 |
[56:29] | Oh, do once more. | 再来一次 |
[56:35] | Oh, my love. | 我的爱 |
[56:38] | Oh, my heart’s darling, | 我的挚爱 |
[56:42] | I ask you once more. | 我再问你一次 |
[56:45] | Please end it. | 求你终结这一切 |
[56:48] | End my agony! | 终结我的痛苦 |
[56:51] | Let me in! Let me in! | 让我进来 让我进来 |
[56:54] | – Let me in. – Cathy. | -让我进来 -凯希 |
[56:59] | Hold me, my love! Hold me. | 拥着我 我的爱人 拥着我 |
[57:01] | Hold me, my love! | 拥着我 我的爱人 |
[57:03] | Hold me. Hold me. | 拥着我 拥着我 |
[57:06] | Cathy! | 凯希 |
[57:09] | Cathy, do come, my love. | 凯希 进来 我的爱人 |
[57:13] | Do come, my love. | 来到我身边 我的爱 |
[57:16] | – Do come. – Mr Heathcliff. | -来到我身边 -希斯克里夫先生 |
[57:20] | Mr Heathcliff. | 希斯克里夫先生 |
[57:23] | – You must come. – My love… I… | -你得来一下 -我的爱人 我… |
[57:29] | You must come. | 你得来一下 |
[57:34] | Mr Heathcliff, | 希斯克里夫先生 |
[57:37] | my husband, your son, | 我丈夫 你儿子 |
[57:41] | he’s dead. | 他死了 |
[57:46] | – My son? – Linton. | -我儿子 -林顿 |
[57:49] | Linton is dead. | 林顿死了 |
[57:56] | Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. | 我们在天上的父 愿人都尊你的名为圣 |
[57:59] | Thy kingdom come, | 愿天国圣光普照 |
[58:00] | thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. | 愿你的旨意行在地上 如同行在天上 |
[58:12] | Now, Catherine, how do you feel? | 凯瑟琳 你心情如何 |
[58:16] | How do you feel, Catherine? | 你心情如何 凯瑟琳 |
[58:21] | He’s safe and I’m free. | 他安全了 我自由了 |
[58:27] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[58:31] | And I am sorry for the things I said to you. | 对你说的那些话 我很抱歉 |
[58:35] | I did not mean it. | 我不是真心的 |
[58:36] | I was miserable and bitter at everybody | 我对每个人都那么刻薄 愤恨 |
[58:39] | and I would like you to forgive me. | 我希望能得到你的原谅 |
[59:19] | Is Catherine not here? | 凯瑟琳不在吗 |
[59:21] | She is upstairs. | 她在楼上 |
[59:22] | I picked some flowers from over at the Grange. | 我在画眉山庄摘了一些花 |
[59:25] | – Oh, did you? – Seemed a shame to waste them. | -是吗 -不摘也会枯萎的 |
[59:28] | They were the last of the summer. | 夏花就要全部凋零了 |
[59:42] | If he finds you in here, he will punish you. | 如果他发现你在这儿 会惩罚你的 |
[59:45] | He can’t hurt me. I think even he knows that. | 他无法伤害我 我想他也知道 |
[59:52] | I thought we could be friends, | 我想我们能成为朋友 |
[59:55] | even though you’ll be ashamed of me. | 尽管你可能不屑与我相交 |
[59:58] | I will not be. | 我不会 |
[1:00:01] | I think I would like a friend. | 我想有个朋友 |
[1:00:10] | It is one of my mother’s exercise books. | 这是我母亲的练习本 |
[1:00:13] | How she loved Heathcliff. | 她是那么爱希斯克里夫 |
[1:00:15] | What are you two doing in here? | 你们来在这儿干什么 |
[1:00:17] | I wanted to feel close to what is left of my family. | 我想感受我仅有的亲人留下的东西 |
[1:00:20] | I’m the only person to blame. | 你责怪我就行了 |
[1:00:21] | Hareton stayed with me at my insistence. | 哈里顿留在这 是因为我的执意 |
[1:00:24] | And who the devil gave you leave to set one foot in here! | 是谁允许你踏进这间屋子 |
[1:00:26] | And who ordered you to obey her? | 谁准许你听从她的话 |
[1:00:28] | You shouldn’t grudge me one | 你夺走了我的全部 |
[1:00:30] | room when you have taken everything from me! | 连这间屋子都不能给我吗 |
[1:00:32] | You insolent slut! | 你这无礼的贱人 |
[1:00:37] | You never had anything! | 你原本就一无所有 |
[1:00:40] | If you strike me, Hareton will strike you! | 如果你打我 哈里顿会打你 |
[1:00:45] | If Hareton does not turn you out of this room, | 如果哈里顿不把你领出这间屋子 |
[1:00:48] | I will strike him back to hell! | 我就把他揍回地狱 |
[1:01:01] | Hareton, | 哈里顿 |
[1:01:02] | take her. Take her and leave me. | 把她带走 离我远点儿 |
[1:01:05] | All of you, leave me now! | 你们都离开这里 |
[1:01:33] | She must learn to avoid putting me in a passion. | 她得学会不要让我动气 |
[1:01:37] | You once told me | 你曾告诉我 |
[1:01:38] | that love would only bring me grief and pain and suffering. | 爱只会带来悲伤 痛苦 折磨 |
[1:01:43] | I have seen nothing in my life | 我这一生所见 |
[1:01:46] | to change that opinion otherwise. | 证明此言非虚 |
[1:01:48] | You misled me, | 你误导了我 |
[1:01:50] | not purposely I don’t suppose but you were wrong. | 我认为你是有意的 但你错了 |
[1:01:54] | If that is true, | 如果是那样 |
[1:01:56] | then my whole life’s endeavours have been wrong too. | 那我这一生的努力也是错的 |
[1:02:00] | Is that what you would have me believe? | 你是想让我这样想吗 |
[1:02:02] | I would have you believe whatever brings you peace. | 不管你怎么想 只要你内心感到安慰便好 |
[1:02:09] | Would that not be a poor conclusion? | 那样不也很可怜吗 |
[1:02:13] | An absurd termination to my violent exertions? | 标志着我暴力行为的荒唐终止 |
[1:02:24] | I feel for you in such a variety of ways. | 我在很多方面都同情你 |
[1:02:30] | In the first place, your startling likeness to Cathy | 首先 你与凯希惊人的相似 |
[1:02:34] | fearfully connected you with her. | 让你和她心意相通 |
[1:02:36] | But then what is not connected with her to me? | 但究竟又是什么使得她无法与我心意相通 |
[1:02:40] | And what does not recall her? | 是什么没能唤起她的记忆 |
[1:02:44] | The entire world is a dreadful collection of memoranda | 整个世界就是写满使人痛苦事件的备忘录 |
[1:02:48] | that she did exist and that I have lost her. | 写着她存在过 而我失去了她 |
[1:02:54] | You have… | 你 |
[1:02:56] | no feeling of illness, have you? | 没得病吧 |
[1:02:58] | No, I have not. | 没有 我好得很 |
[1:03:03] | I never felt stronger. | 从来没这么强壮过 |
[1:03:10] | I think first you should kiss me for minding so well. | 我觉得我这么用心 你应该亲我一下 |
[1:03:13] | Five kisses if you read it through with no further blunders. | 如果你能通读而没有错误 我就亲你五下 |
[1:05:17] | Nelly! | 奈莉 |
[1:05:29] | Nelly! | 奈莉 |
[1:05:48] | No. | 不 |
[1:05:51] | No. | 不 |
[1:05:55] | No! No! | 不要啊 |