时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I want you to start working on the warehouse floor. | 我要你从仓库干起 |
[00:05] | Packing, shipping, cleaning. | 打包 运输 清洁 |
[00:08] | That sounds hard. | 听起来很艰难 |
[00:09] | It is. | 的确 |
[00:11] | But after a year or two, you’ll be a different person. | 但是过一两年 你就会改头换面 |
[00:13] | You’ll have a new respect for the company | 你会得到公司全新的尊重 |
[00:15] | and a new respect for yourself. | 还有你自己对自己的尊重 |
[00:17] | Yeah, but a year? | 是啊 但要一年啊 |
[00:20] | Or two. | 或者两年 |
[00:23] | So, once we are married, I will be your oko. | 等我们结婚了 我就是你的”奥克” |
[00:26] | Oko. | “奥扣” |
[00:27] | You just called yourself a shovel. | 你刚刚自称铲子了 |
[00:30] | Oko. | “奥可” |
[00:31] | That means “Stone.” | 那意思是”石头” |
[00:33] | All right. Anyway, before we officially become | 好吧 等我们正式成为 |
[00:35] | oko and iyawo… ? | “奥科和咿呀窝” |
[00:37] | Male genitalia and wife. | 男性生殖器和妻子 |
[00:41] | Before we become that, | 等我们成为那样 |
[00:43] | there’s something I’d like for you to do. | 我要你帮我做些事 |
[00:45] | Read this e-mail for me, will you? | 帮我读这封邮件 行吗 |
[00:47] | Is it spam? Look, we might have our Nigerian princes, | 是垃圾邮件吗 我们是有尼日利亚王子 |
[00:50] | but you have your Publishers Clearing House. | 但你们也有出版商清算所 |
[00:52] | Read it. | 读一下 |
[00:53] | Uncle Tunde has still not gotten the magazines | 通德叔叔现在还没收到你们当初 |
[00:55] | from that time you told him… | 卖给他的杂志… |
[00:56] | Just read it. | 读一下 |
[01:00] | “The Michigan Undergarment Manufacturers’ Association | “密歇根州内衣制造商协会 |
[01:03] | “is proud to announce | 有幸再次宣布 |
[01:04] | that Bob Wheeler has been named Businessman of the Year.” | 鲍勃·威勒被提名为年度最佳商人” |
[01:06] | This is not spam. | 这不是垃圾邮件 |
[01:07] | It is not. | 的确不是 |
[01:09] | Oh, this is wonderful, Bob. | 这真是太好了 鲍勃 |
[01:11] | Eh, it’s no big deal. | 这没什么大不了的 |
[01:13] | It’s just some stupid, fancy dinner | 只是一个奢华愚蠢的晚宴 |
[01:15] | where everybody stands up and gives dumb speeches | 所有人都会站在那边发表无聊的讲话 |
[01:19] | about how great I am. | 说我有多么厉害 |
[01:21] | I see. | 明白了 |
[01:22] | – So, do you want to go with me? – ?I do not. | -那你想跟我一起去吗 -不想 |
[01:24] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[01:26] | You just said it was dumb and stupid. | 你刚刚说那很无聊和愚蠢 |
[01:28] | I was being humble. | 我是谦虚 |
[01:29] | Don’t do that. It is an ugly trait. | 别这样 这种特点很丑陋 |
[01:33] | What, I’m just supposed to start crowing | 怎么 难道我要开始自吹 |
[01:34] | about what a great guy I am? | 我有多么厉害吗 |
[01:36] | Are you great? | 那你厉害吗 |
[01:37] | Yes, I’m the damn Businessman of the Year. | 当然了 我可是年度商人啊 |
[01:39] | Then act like it. | 那就拿出样子 |
[01:41] | Fine. Abishola, | 好吧 艾比希拉 |
[01:43] | I am the best at what I do, | 我很擅长我的工作 |
[01:45] | and I’m getting an award that says so. | 我还得到了能够证明这一点的奖项 |
[01:47] | I want you to be there when I get it. | 当我得到授奖时 我希望你在我身边 |
[01:51] | In that case, I’ll go. | 既然这样 我去 |
[01:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:53] | Even if you do sound a little full of yourself. | 虽然你听上去是有点膨胀 |
[02:18] | I’ll show her. | 我让她看看 |
[02:20] | Pack her in a box. | 把她装到箱子里 |
[02:21] | Ship her to an old folks’ home. | 把她送到养老院 |
[02:32] | You don’t send Christina down here. | 你没把克里斯汀娜派到下面来 |
[02:34] | You don’t send Bob. Perfect Bob. | 你没有派鲍勃 完美的鲍勃 |
[02:50] | Get out of town. | 不是吧 |
[03:15] | That’s all of them. | 都弄好了 |
[03:17] | You want me to get another pallet? | 要我再运一批吗 |
[03:18] | Oh, that’s more than en… ? | 已经够… |
[03:20] | Boxes are in the back behind the shipping labels. | 运输牌后面的箱子 |
[03:24] | while you’re there, | 你也装一下 |
[03:25] | organize the shipping labels. | 整理一下出货标签 |
[03:26] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[03:41] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:42] | So, my cooking is not good enough for you? | 我做的食物不合你的胃口吗 |
[03:44] | I just wanted to mix it up a little bit. | 我只是想混在一起吃 |
[03:46] | I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you were such a foodie. | 我没想到你是个美食专家 |
[03:50] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[03:53] | Abishola brings her lunch every day. | 艾比希拉也每天带饭 |
[03:54] | You don’t give her a hard time. | 你可没为难她 |
[03:56] | She has brought the same meal for nine years. | 她九年来带的都一样 |
[03:58] | Her taste buds are practically dead in her mouth. | 她口中的味蕾早就死绝了 |
[04:01] | Kemi, unfortunately, | 凯米 很遗憾 |
[04:03] | I won’t be able to have dinner with you on Friday night. | 我周五晚上没法和你共进晚餐了 |
[04:06] | We have no plans on Friday. | 我们周五没约好啊 |
[04:07] | Good, because I have to go to a gala | 太好了 因为我必须去鲍勃的庆祝晚宴 |
[04:08] | where Bob is being honored for his business excellence. | 他工作出色 受到了表彰 |
[04:12] | Ooh, nice one, sock man. | 真棒 袜子男 |
[04:14] | It is not nice. It is wonderful. | 不是棒 是太优秀了 |
[04:18] | My fiancé is the best at what he does, | 我的未婚夫是行业内的翘楚 |
[04:20] | and he’s being named Businessman of the Year. | 他荣获了”年度最佳生意人”的称号 |
[04:23] | I’m very happy for you | 我很为你开心 |
[04:25] | and extremely jealous. | 而且非常嫉妒 |
[04:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:29] | Didn’t Chukwuemeka just win Employee of the Month? | 楚库埃梅卡不是刚得了”本月最佳员工”吗 |
[04:32] | Of the month, Gloria. | 是”本月” 格洛里亚 |
[04:34] | Next to Bob’s achievement, it’s almost pathetic. | 和鲍勃的成就相比 简直太可悲了 |
[04:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:39] | Arm candy at a big gala. | 盛大晚宴上的伴侣 |
[04:42] | You sure you’re ready for that? | 你确定你准备好了吗 |
[04:44] | Of course I am. | 当然了 |
[04:45] | Okay. I’m just saying, | 我只是说 |
[04:46] | when it comes to chitchatting and joking, | 聊天和开玩笑 |
[04:49] | these are not your strengths. | 不是你的特长 |
[04:50] | But you do have other great qualities, huh? | 但你有其他优秀的品质 |
[04:53] | You are tall. | 你很高 |
[04:59] | Just remember you’re there to support Bob. | 记住你是去支持鲍勃的 |
[05:01] | Like a first lady. ? | 就像第一夫人一样 |
[05:03] | – The first lady of socks. – Yeah, that’s good. | -袜子第一夫人 -没错 |
[05:06] | Just try not to give off so much Hillary. | 只是不要想希拉里一样 |
[05:10] | Embrace your inner Melania. | 拥抱你体内的梅拉尼娅 |
[05:12] | Melania? | 梅拉尼娅 |
[05:13] | Yes, Melania. | 是的 梅拉尼娅 |
[05:14] | She’s beautiful, poised, and, like Abishola, | 她很漂亮 泰然自若 像艾比希拉一样 |
[05:17] | she’s a hardworking immigrant | 她是个努力奋斗的移民 |
[05:18] | on the arm of a large, sweaty businessman. | 陪伴在一个大块头 汗流浃背的商人旁边 |
[05:23] | Oh, my God. You are Melania. | 我的天 你就是梅拉尼娅 |
[05:25] | – Can’t I be Michelle? – ?No. | -我不能当米歇尔吗 -不能 |
[05:27] | There’s only one Michelle. | 世界上只有一个米歇尔 |
[05:36] | Look at you, my plus-size James Bond. | 看看你啊 大号版的詹姆斯·邦德 |
[05:40] | I’ll take it. | 我接受了 |
[05:42] | If someone has to win an award | 如果有人要赢得 |
[05:44] | for White Male Businessman of the Year, | 年度最佳白人男性商人 |
[05:47] | I’m so glad it’s you. ? | 我很高兴是你 |
[05:49] | The award is not just for white men. | 这个奖项不只颁给白人 |
[05:51] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[05:52] | Yeah. My buddy Greg Ramirez won it a couple years ago. | 我兄弟格雷格·拉米雷兹几年前得过 |
[05:54] | He’s half something. | 反正他是个混血 |
[05:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:59] | Clearly, there’s no problem. | 明显没有问题 |
[06:01] | Look, I hear what you’re saying, | 我明白你的意思 |
[06:02] | but what am I supposed to do, not accept the award? | 但我能怎么办 不接受这个奖项吗 |
[06:05] | No. No. | 不是 |
[06:07] | You have earned it. | 你得到了 |
[06:09] | I mean, only people who benefit from the system | 只有在制度中受益的人 |
[06:12] | have the power to change it, | 才有能力去改变现状 |
[06:14] | but tonight’s about you. | 但今晚属于你 |
[06:18] | I’m on your side, Bobby. | 我站在你这边 鲍勃 |
[06:20] | Things were better when men were in charge. | 男人掌权的时候 情况总会好些 |
[06:24] | That is not my side. | 这可不是我这边 |
[06:26] | This industry was always great to women | 只要你知道这盘棋怎么下 |
[06:28] | as long as you knew how to play the game. | 这个行业对于女性来说就是友好的 |
[06:31] | Let the fellas have a look here, a grab there. | 让那些男人看看这里 挑一个走 |
[06:34] | The fresher they got, the more I got. | 他们挑的越新鲜 我得到的越多 |
[06:37] | Yeah, by “Fresher,” You mean “Sexually assault-ier.” | 所谓的”新鲜” 你指的是”更性冒犯” |
[06:40] | Honey, you got to stop listening to those lesbians on NPR. | 你不能再听公共电台里女同的言论了 |
[06:45] | Mom, I agree with Christina. | 妈妈 我同意克里斯汀娜所说的 |
[06:47] | Sure, you do. | 你当然了 |
[06:50] | Don’t wink at me. | 别冲我眨眼 |
[06:53] | Turn your nose up all you want. | 你继续嗤之以鼻吧 |
[06:55] | You would’ve done well back in the day. | 要是在以前 你会做得很好 |
[06:57] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[06:58] | ?I’m just saying, you got a butt for business. | 我只是说 你的屁股很适合做生意 |
[07:01] | Mom, that is offensive. | 妈妈 这太冒犯了 |
[07:05] | Petra’s Pilates every Tuesday. | 这是周二佩特拉普拉提的功劳 |
[07:07] | It’s paying off. | 这是回报 |
[07:08] | – Mom! – That’s it. | -妈妈 -就是这样 |
[07:10] | Let them think they’re getting away with something. | 让他们觉得自己逃过了一劫 |
[07:19] | I love that sound. | 我喜欢这声音 |
[07:20] | I never got to punch out upstairs. | 在楼上上班时我从不打卡 |
[07:22] | No matter if I came in or not, I still got paid. | 来不来我都能拿到钱 |
[07:25] | A lot. | 好多钱 |
[07:27] | Whereas if we don’t punch in and out, | 但是如果我们不打卡上下班 |
[07:28] | we lose our health benefits. | 我们就没有医保 |
[07:30] | Crazy. | 太夸张了 |
[07:33] | Douglas, you have done a good job this week. | 道格拉斯 你这个星期干得不错 |
[07:35] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[07:37] | To be honest, from our previous interactions, | 说实话 就我们之前的互动来看 |
[07:39] | we expected you to be a worthless piece of excrement. | 我们都以为你是一个没用的废物 |
[07:44] | That’s fair. | 评价很中肯 |
[07:45] | – But we were wrong. – It has been a pleasure. | -但我们错了 -很荣幸与你共事 |
[07:48] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢 伙计们 |
[07:49] | I really appreciate it. | 真的很感谢 |
[07:53] | May I give you a bro hug? | 需要一个兄弟般的拥抱吗 |
[07:56] | That’d be great. | 好啊 |
[08:01] | So, Friday night, huh? | 周五晚上 是吧 |
[08:02] | Yes, it is. | 是 没错 |
[08:04] | You guys just go on home straight after work? ? | 你们直接下班回家吗 |
[08:06] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[08:07] | My wife often has me stop at the store | 我妻子经常让我到商店 |
[08:09] | to pick up sundries. | 买些日用品 |
[08:11] | And I sometimes use the exercise equipment in the park. | 有时我会去公园蹭健身用具 |
[08:16] | Cause I was thinking | 我在想 |
[08:17] | it’s the end of my first week. | 认真工作的第一周结束了 |
[08:19] | Maybe we go get a drink or something. | 我们是不是可以去喝一杯 |
[08:33] | Perhaps we could go for one drink. | 也许我们可以去喝一杯 |
[08:34] | Really? That’d be great. | 真的 太好了 |
[08:36] | I know this little hole-in-the-wall right near me. | 我知道附近有个一般般的地方[墙上的洞] |
[08:41] | What do you guys think? | 你们感觉如何 |
[08:43] | I did not expect the entrance to be an actual hole in a wall. | 没想到入口真的是墙上的一个洞 |
[08:47] | Right? Tatiana! | 没错吧 塔蒂阿娜 |
[08:50] | These are my guys. | 他们是我的朋友 |
[08:52] | Treat ’em right. | 好好招待他们 |
[08:55] | This music is so loud, I can feel the bass in my bones. | 音乐太吵了 我能感觉到我骨头上的低音 |
[09:00] | I can feel the bass in my bones! | 我能感觉到我骨子里的低音 |
[09:09] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[09:10] | Michigan’s Undergarment Manufacturers’ Association’s | 密歇根州内衣制造商协会 |
[09:13] | Businessman of the Year! | 年度最佳商人 |
[09:15] | Hello, Bob. | 你好 鲍勃 |
[09:16] | Well, I believe you mean, Hello, | 你是想说 你好 |
[09:18] | “Michigan’s Undergarment Manufacturers’ Association’s | “密歇根内衣制造商协会 |
[09:21] | Businessman of the Year!” | 年度最佳商人” |
[09:24] | Yeah, we don’t have to do that whole title every time. | 实在不必每次都带上头衔 |
[09:28] | Auntie, why are you crying? | 阿姨 你怎么哭了 |
[09:29] | We are so proud of you. | 你太令人骄傲了 |
[09:32] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢 伙计们 |
[09:34] | Bob, tell us, how did you do it? | 鲍勃 告诉我们 你是如何做到的 |
[09:37] | Well, there is a lot that goes into winning | 想要得奖需要付出很多 |
[09:39] | an award like this, but mostly | 但最重要的 |
[09:41] | it’s about believing in your product. | 是要相信自己的产品 |
[09:42] | If you believe, the customer will, too. | 如果你信 顾客也会信 |
[09:45] | You should write a book. | 你真该写本书 |
[09:48] | Business Advice from Michigan’s Undergarment Manufacturers’ | 来自密歇根州内衣制造商协会年度商人的 |
[09:50] | Association’s Businessman of the Year. | 若干商业建议 |
[09:55] | It’s catchy. | 的确博人眼球 |
[09:57] | I almost forgot. We have something for you. | 差点忘了 有东西要送你 |
[09:59] | You didn’t have to do that. | 不必这么客气 |
[10:00] | We wanted to surprise you! | 我们想给你一个惊喜 |
[10:03] | It is a tie. | 是条领带 |
[10:05] | Act surprised. | 惊讶点啊 |
[10:06] | Well, it might have been easier to act surprised | 你不告诉我没准 |
[10:09] | if you didn’t tell me. ? | 更容易表现出惊讶 |
[10:11] | It is a very important tie. | 这是条意义非凡的领带 |
[10:13] | It belonged to Olu’s father, Ayo, | 属于奥卢的父亲 阿约 |
[10:15] | who was a man of-of-of honor and integrity. | 阿约是个高尚又正直的人 |
[10:19] | During the Biafran War, Ayo put his life on the line | 在比亚法拉战争期间 阿约冒着生命危险 |
[10:23] | to save innocent Igbo refugees, | 去拯救无辜的伊博难民 |
[10:25] | feeding them, sheltering them when no one else would. | 给他们食物 在没人施以援手时为他们提供庇护 |
[10:29] | And it will now be worn by a man who lives up to his legacy. | 现在 它将由一个不负所托之人佩戴 |
[10:35] | Geez, Tunde, it’s just a stupid Businessman of the Year award. | 天啊 通德 这个奖没什么分量 |
[10:39] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[10:41] | Olu! | 奥卢 |
[10:42] | Forget the tie! | 别找领带了 |
[10:44] | The award is stupid! | 这个奖没什么分量 |
[10:52] | Could I at least see the tie? | 至少能让我看看领带吗 |
[11:02] | Hillary? | 希拉里 |
[11:08] | Michelle. | 米歇尔 |
[11:16] | Melania. | 梅拉尼娅 |
[11:23] | Boy, Christina was right. | 天 克里斯汀娜说得没错 |
[11:25] | White guy, white guy, white guy, | 白人 白人 白人 |
[11:27] | Ramirez, white guy. | 拉米雷兹 白人 |
[11:30] | – Oh, God. – ?What is wrong? | -天啊 -怎么了 |
[11:31] | It’s Gene Johnson. | 是吉恩·约翰逊 |
[11:33] | Is he one of the white guys? | 他是白人之一吗 |
[11:35] | Like, the head white guy. | 白人头头 |
[11:37] | You ever hear of Spanx? | 你听说过斯班克斯吗[著名内衣品牌] |
[11:38] | Yes. Melania wears them. | 听说过 梅拉尼娅穿的 |
[11:40] | Well, that’s ’cause of Gene. | 那都是因为吉恩 |
[11:42] | He’s an undergarment god. He never comes to these things. | 他是内衣之神 他从来不会参加这种活动 |
[11:45] | Sounds like he could help your business. | 听起来 他能帮你发展事业 |
[11:47] | You should go chitchat with him. | 你应该去和他聊聊 |
[11:49] | You don’t chitchat with Gene Johnson. | 你不能去找吉恩·约翰逊聊聊 |
[11:51] | It’s Gene Johnson. | 那可是吉恩·约翰逊 |
[11:53] | And you are Bob Wheeler, | 你可是鲍勃·威勒 |
[11:55] | Michigan’s Businessman of the Year. | 密歇根年度商人 |
[11:57] | I am. | 没错 |
[11:59] | Come. | 来吧 |
[12:00] | Okay, I guess we’re doing this. | 好吧 看来我们真的要这么做了 |
[12:02] | We’re talking to Gene Johnson. ? | 我们要和吉恩·约翰逊聊天 |
[12:08] | Hey, Gene. | 你好 吉恩 |
[12:09] | Hey. Bob Wheeler, | 你好 我是鲍勃·威勒 |
[12:10] | MaxDot Socks. Businessman of the Year. | 麦克斯多特袜子 年度商人 |
[12:12] | – Oh, right. – I’m a big fan, Gene. | -没错 -我是你的头号粉丝 吉恩 |
[12:14] | Big fan. What you did in ’04 for the mid-calf pull-up, | 头号粉丝 你2004年的提拉中袜 |
[12:17] | pure genius. | 太天才了 |
[12:18] | – Thank you. – And who’s this? | -谢谢 -这位是 |
[12:20] | – This is my fiancée. – ?Abishola. | -这是我的未婚妻 -艾比希拉 |
[12:23] | Paula. | 我是宝拉 |
[12:23] | ?Abishola. That’s an interesting name. | 艾比希拉 这个名字很有意思 |
[12:25] | It means “Born to wealth.” | 意思是”生来富贵” |
[12:27] | It’s Nigerian. She’s Nigerian. | 尼日利亚名 她是尼日利亚人 |
[12:29] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[12:30] | Sure is. Straight out of Lagos. | 当然了 从拉各斯来的 |
[12:31] | Well, how do you say “Cheers” In Nigerian? | “干杯”用尼日利亚语怎么说呢 |
[12:33] | That’s a great question, Gene. | 这个问题很不错 吉恩 |
[12:35] | You know, Nigeria has many languages, | 尼日利亚有很多种语言 |
[12:38] | Yoruba being one of the most popular, | 约鲁巴语是最常用的 |
[12:39] | and in Yoruba, “Cheers” Is “Kara o li.” | 在约鲁巴语中 “干杯”念”卡拉利” |
[12:43] | Kara o li. | 卡拉利 |
[12:44] | Actually, it’s “Kara o le.” | 其实是”卡洛里” |
[12:47] | Li, le– either way, we’re drinking, right, Gene? | 里…反正我们都要喝了 对吧 吉恩 |
[12:54] | And then she waited tables in Barcelona. | 后来她在巴塞罗那做服务生 |
[12:56] | She lived all over Europe before she even came to this country. | 她辗转欧洲 最后来到了这个国家 |
[12:59] | Speaks five languages. | 会说五种语言 |
[13:00] | I mean, she could probably tell you her story | 她自己讲述自己的故事 |
[13:01] | better than I could. | 可能比我还要生动 |
[13:02] | Oh, I wouldn’t want to interrupt you. | 我可不想打断你 |
[13:04] | She came here… | 她来到这里 |
[13:07] | …for a better life for her and her son. | 是为了让她和她的儿子过上更好的生活 |
[13:09] | Works every day to put him through medical school. | 每天努力工作 让他去上医学院 |
[13:11] | Now, that is the American dream. | 这就是美国梦 |
[13:13] | Excuse me. I’m going to get more wine. | 不好意思 我要再去倒些酒 |
[13:16] | Oh, and she knows how to pick ’em. | 她还知道怎么挑酒 |
[13:17] | Used to be a sommelier. | 她以前是酒侍 |
[13:18] | Which has nothing to do with Somalia. | 那和索马里可没有关系[音似] |
[13:21] | She taught me that. | 她教我的 |
[13:26] | Check it out. | 看啊 |
[13:29] | It’s a callus. | 是茧 |
[13:31] | That is from the tape gun. | 是胶带枪留下的 |
[13:33] | It’s preventable if you wear gloves. | 你要是戴手套就不会有了 |
[13:35] | I don’t want to prevent it. I’m proud of it. | 我不想不长 我很自豪 |
[13:37] | Makes me feel like I really earned this bottle. | 这让我觉得这瓶酒是我赚来的 |
[13:39] | That bottle is $1,200. | 那瓶酒值1200 |
[13:41] | Right? | 对吧 |
[13:42] | It’s like two whole paychecks. Crazy. | 简直是两份薪水了 太疯狂了 |
[13:45] | I can’t imagine spending my paychecks on vodka | 真不敢想象把我的薪水花在伏特加上 |
[13:47] | instead of something frivolous like rent. | 而不是房租这种轻浮的东西上 |
[13:51] | Oh, no, my mom pays my rent. | 不 我的房租是我妈妈付的 |
[13:54] | It’s a blessing, but it’s also a curse. | 是福 也是祸 |
[13:56] | How is that a curse? | 怎么就是祸了 |
[13:58] | It’s not, but I’d sound like a real douche | 不是 但我要是不这么说 |
[14:00] | if I didn’t say that. | 听起来就很混蛋 |
[14:03] | Yes, | 是啊 |
[14:04] | you have avoided that. | 你完美避免了这种情况 |
[14:06] | You know, on second thought, we must own that place | 我又想了想 那地方就该是我们的 |
[14:08] | because we just put in a pool. | 因为我们投了一大笔钱 |
[14:10] | And a pool, by the way… | 一大笔钱就… |
[14:11] | Is a blessing and a curse? | 是福也是祸 |
[14:12] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:16] | This is my jam! | 我的歌来了 |
[14:22] | This douche lifestyle is definitely a blessing. | 这种混蛋生活方式绝对是福 |
[14:31] | Hey. I needed a break from those guys, too. | 我也要暂时躲躲那群家伙 |
[14:34] | I needed a break from you. | 我需要躲躲你 |
[14:35] | Me? What did I do? | 我 我干什么了 |
[14:38] | You are listing my qualifications to these people. | 你把我的经历都说给这些人听 |
[14:40] | How many languages I speak, | 我会说几种语言 |
[14:41] | how many countries I’ve been to. | 我去过多少国家 |
[14:43] | You told complete strangers everything about me and my son. | 你和陌生人说关于我和我儿子的一切 |
[14:46] | Well, he didn’t care about me. | 他才不在乎我呢 |
[14:48] | He wanted to hear stories about you. | 他想听你的故事 |
[14:49] | Then why didn’t you let me tell them? | 那为什么你不让我告诉他们 |
[14:52] | I just thought it might be better if… | 我只是觉得最好还是… |
[14:54] | I did not speak? | 我不说话吗 |
[14:57] | Who is the most famous footwear philosopher? | 谁是最著名的鞋类哲学家 |
[15:00] | What? | 谁 |
[15:01] | Sock-ra-tees. | 苏格袜底 |
[15:04] | I googled sock jokes for you. | 我为你搜索了袜子笑话 |
[15:07] | I was ready to be fun tonight, but you never gave me a chance. | 我今晚准备做风趣的人 但你不给我机会 |
[15:11] | – Sir, they’re about to start. ?- Just a minute. | -先生 他们马上开始了 -稍等 |
[15:16] | You shouldn’t keep Gene Johnson waiting. | 你不该让吉恩·约翰逊等着 |
[15:25] | Tatiana! Tatiana! | 塔蒂阿娜 塔蒂阿娜 |
[15:28] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:29] | Calling the waitress. | 叫服务生 |
[15:31] | I’m ordering more bubbly. | 我要再点点泡泡酒 |
[15:32] | That’s a fun word for champagne. | 这么代称香槟真有意思 |
[15:34] | – Look at yourself. – I have been. | -你看看你自己 -我看过了 |
[15:37] | There are so many mirrors in here. | 这里到处都是镜子 |
[15:40] | We should not be in this place. | 我们不该来这里 |
[15:41] | None of these people should be. | 这些人都不该来这里 |
[15:43] | It’s like a contest to see who can waste the most money. | 这简直就像是在比试谁浪费的钱多 |
[15:47] | Eminem’s dog walker is definitely winning. | 阿姆的遛狗人肯定赢了 |
[15:49] | What? | 什么 |
[15:50] | I met him in the unisex bathroom. | 我在无性别厕所遇到了他 |
[15:51] | He has diamonds in his teeth. | 他的牙齿上都有钻石 |
[15:54] | This is not you, Kofo. | 你不是这样的 科福 |
[15:56] | You are a man of substance. | 你是一个有底气的人 |
[15:57] | And your father did not entrust me with your care | 你爸爸把你托付给我 |
[15:59] | to have you gallivanting in this house of mirrors. | 不是为了让我带你来这种镜子屋的 |
[16:03] | Hey, guys! | 伙计们 |
[16:04] | We have room for these ladies to rest | 有地方让这些女士们好好休息一下 |
[16:06] | and take off their uncomfortable shoes? | 脱掉不舒服的高跟鞋吗 |
[16:08] | – Douglas, I am sorry. We were just… ?- Shut up. | -道格拉斯 很抱歉 我们正要… -闭嘴 |
[16:12] | Ladies, I am Goodwin Aderibigbe Olayiwola. | 女士们 我是古德温·阿德比格比·奥莱沃拉 |
[16:16] | Charmed to meet you. | 认识你们很高兴 |
[16:18] | Tatiana darling, two more glasses! | 塔蒂阿娜 亲爱的 再来两杯 |
[16:25] | Please, give a round of applause for our Businessman of the Year, | 给我们的年度商人热烈的掌声 |
[16:29] | Bob Wheeler. | 鲍勃·威勒 |
[16:36] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[16:38] | this is a real honor to be | 很荣幸能参与 |
[16:39] | a part of such a tight-knit community. | 如此合脚的社区 |
[16:43] | That joke only works here, people. | 这个笑话只有在这里才好笑 |
[16:45] | Seriously though, uh, I am so grateful, | 说实话 我对这个奖项 |
[16:48] | for this honor… | 感到很荣幸 |
[16:51] | …but more so for that woman right there. | 但是更感激坐在那里的那个女人 |
[16:55] | That beautiful, powerful, elegant woman. | 那个美丽 强大又优雅的女人 |
[17:01] | I am an idiot. | 我是一个蠢蛋 |
[17:06] | I care too much what other people think, | 我太在乎别人会怎么想 |
[17:09] | when your opinion is the only one that really matters to me. | 但其实只有你的想法对我来说才是最重要的 |
[17:13] | I should’ve let you shine, honey, and I didn’t. | 我应该让你发光的 亲爱的 而我却没有那么做 |
[17:16] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:18] | What does this have to do with socks? | 这跟袜子有什么关系 |
[17:20] | If you want to speak, you should run your company better. | 你要是很想说话 你应该把公司经营得更好 |
[17:23] | Then maybe you could win the award. | 那也许获奖的就是你了 |
[17:27] | I love you, Abishola. | 我爱你 艾比希拉 |
[17:29] | You’re the best thing in my life. | 你是我这辈子最好的礼物 |
[17:32] | Th… And, uh, this is nice, too. | 然…这个也很棒 |
[17:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:40] | Although it should be called “Businessperson of the Year.” | 不过这应该叫”年度商业人士” |
[17:42] | Let’s catch up with the times, people. | 与时俱进啊 伙计们 |
[17:51] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[17:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:54] | Why didn’t you tell the “Sock-ra-tees” Joke? | 你为什么不说那个苏格袜底的笑话 |
[17:56] | Are you kidding? I can’t tell it as good as you do. | 开什么玩笑 我肯定说得没有你好 |
[18:02] | We should go to your house. | 我们应该去你家 |
[18:04] | Are you sure? It’s getting pretty late. | 你确定吗 现在很晚了 |
[18:06] | I know how late it is. | 我知道现在有多晚 |
[18:08] | Well, if we have a nightcap, | 如果要喝一杯的话 |
[18:09] | I’m not sure I’ll be able to drive you back to your place. | 我不知道我还能不能把你送回家 |
[18:12] | Well, I guess I’ll have to stay the night. | 那看来我只能住在你家了 |
[18:22] | You must have really loved my speech. | 你肯定很喜欢我的讲话 |
[18:25] | It was okay. | 一般了 |