时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Since you are no longer interested in Chukwuemeka, | 既然你对楚库埃梅卡不再感兴趣 |
[00:06] | what would you think if I set him up with somebody else? | 如果我把他介绍给别人 你作何感想 |
[00:08] | Why would you do that? | 你何必如此 |
[00:10] | He’s so boring and arrogant. | 他既烦人又自大 |
[00:11] | Yes, you are right. | 是 你说得对 |
[00:12] | But maybe there’s a woman out there | 但没准有人 |
[00:14] | who can see past those flaws, | 能忽略那些缺点 |
[00:16] | someone with a lot of love to give | 一个能给予很多爱 |
[00:18] | and enough frequent flyer miles to take him to Aruba. | 和足够飞行里程的人带他去阿鲁巴岛 |
[00:23] | Are you interested in him? | 你对他感兴趣 |
[00:24] | Me? No. | 我 没有 |
[00:25] | I was thinking of somebody else. | 我在想别人 |
[00:29] | It is me. | 是我 |
[00:30] | – There it is. – I knew it. | -就是这样 -我就知道 |
[00:32] | Okay, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[00:33] | Your mother is all set, | 你母亲已经都安排好了 |
[00:34] | but she’ll need help getting to the bathroom. | 但她上厕所需要帮助 |
[00:37] | Uh, can’t she do, like, a bedpan or something? | 她不能用个便盆什么的吗 |
[00:39] | She would prefer not to. | 她不想用 |
[00:41] | And if she’s going to get better, | 而且如果她要好起来 |
[00:42] | she needs to start moving around. | 需要开始走动走动了 |
[00:44] | I just came to tell you | 我只是来告诉你 |
[00:45] | that I will not be seeing Chukwuemeka again, | 我不会再去见楚库埃梅卡了 |
[00:47] | even though we had a fantastic dinner last night | 虽然我们昨晚共进了完美的晚餐 |
[00:49] | and enjoyed each other’s company very much. | 并且非常喜欢有对方的陪伴 |
[00:52] | You are lying again. | 你又撒谎 |
[00:55] | I am. | 是的 |
[00:58] | I told you– | 我早说了 |
[00:59] | there is a reason why a man that handsome | 这么帅的一个人还和妈妈住一起 |
[01:01] | still lives with his mother. | 是有原因的 |
[01:10] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[01:11] | Yes, you can. | 你能行 |
[01:14] | How ’bout, instead of a dumbbell, | 不如我们不用哑铃 |
[01:17] | you put a bottle of beer in my hand | 你让我手里拿瓶啤酒 |
[01:18] | and see if I can lift it to my mouth. | 看我能不能举到嘴边 |
[01:22] | No beer. Try again. | 啤酒不行 再来一次 |
[01:29] | It’s useless. | 没有用 |
[01:31] | You might as well cut it off | 你不如把我手锯了 |
[01:32] | and get one of those robot arms Douglas keeps telling me about. | 然后装一个道格拉斯总提起的那种机械臂 |
[01:36] | You do not need robot arms. | 你不需要机械臂 |
[01:38] | Oh, I get it. | 我明白了 |
[01:40] | The robot arm puts you out of business. | 装了机械臂你就失业了 |
[01:44] | See if you can hold it here. | 试试你能不能保持这个位置 |
[01:49] | Ta-da! | 你瞧吧 |
[01:51] | All right, let’s try some leg exercises. | 好吧 我们现在试试腿部运动 |
[01:54] | Oh, you really suck. | 你真是扫人兴 |
[01:56] | No, you suck. | 不 是你太烂了 |
[01:59] | I keep telling you– | 我都告诉你了 |
[02:00] | it’s a waste of time. | 这是在浪费时间 |
[02:03] | You have something better to do? | 你还有其他事情要做吗 |
[02:06] | Okay, now, that was mean. | 好吧 这么说过分了 |
[02:09] | Then kick me. | 那你就踢我 |
[02:11] | I really want to. | 我真的很想踢你 |
[02:15] | Can I use my good leg? | 我能用没中风的那条腿吗 |
[02:16] | You can try, but then I’ll kick you back. | 你可以试试 不过我会踢回去 |
[02:21] | I’ve been doing this for weeks. | 我已经练习了好几周了 |
[02:22] | Nothing happens. | 什么也没改变 |
[02:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:26] | If you finish your exercises, | 如果你完成练习 |
[02:28] | I’ll let you have half a beer. | 我就让你喝半瓶啤酒 |
[02:30] | – A whole beer. – A sip. | -一整瓶 -一小口 |
[02:31] | That’s not how you negotiate! | 没有这样讨价还价的 |
[02:34] | You’re supposed to meet me in the middle. | 你应该再做点让步才行 |
[02:37] | Okay, half a beer after lunch, | 好吧 午饭后半瓶 |
[02:39] | half a beer after dinner. | 晚饭后半瓶 |
[02:40] | Now you’re talkin’. | 这才像话 |
[02:45] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[02:46] | Yes, you can. | 你可以的 |
[02:49] | I can’t! | 我做不到 |
[02:52] | All right, we can stop for now. | 好吧 今天先这样吧 |
[02:54] | Oh, great. | 好极了 |
[02:55] | You made the old broad cry. | 你把老太太惹哭了 |
[02:57] | Now your job is done. | 任务完成了 |
[03:00] | I know it’s hard, | 我知道这很难 |
[03:01] | but you’re doing very well. | 但你做得很不错 |
[03:05] | I still get the beer, right? | 我还是能喝啤酒的 对吧 |
[03:08] | Yes. | 对 |
[03:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:40] | You know, there’s a silver lining in Mom’s stroke. | 知道吗 妈妈的中风还是带来了一丝好处 |
[03:43] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[03:44] | Family time. | 家庭时光 |
[03:45] | Quality family time. | 高质量的家庭时光 |
[03:47] | I agree. Family. | 我同意 家庭 |
[03:49] | That’s what it’s all about. | 这才是最重要的 |
[03:52] | Can we please just watch the game and not talk? | 我们能不能安安静静地看比赛 |
[03:55] | Like a family. | 像家人一样 |
[03:57] | Your mother is taking a nap. | 你母亲在睡午觉 |
[03:58] | You might want to check on her in about an hour. | 最后一小时后去看看她 |
[04:01] | How’d the physical therapy go? | 理疗怎么样了 |
[04:03] | Making any progress? | 有进步吗 |
[04:04] | Not as much as she would like. | 没达到她期望的进步 |
[04:06] | I saw this news thing on robot arms. | 我看到了关于机械臂的新闻 |
[04:07] | Is that an option? | 可以选那个吗 |
[04:09] | No, Douglas. | 不能 道格拉斯 |
[04:09] | And, please, don’t give her any more bad ideas. | 还有 别再给她灌输这些不良主意了 |
[04:12] | The guy on TV was juggling. | 电视里的那人在耍杂技 |
[04:15] | Douglas, watch the game. | 道格拉斯 看你的比赛 |
[04:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:18] | Is there anything we can do? | 我们能做什么吗 |
[04:20] | Yes. She needs to get back to her old life– | 能 她需要回归她以前的生活 |
[04:22] | go back to work, spend time with friends. | 去工作 和朋友在一起 |
[04:25] | Sitting in that room all day is making her depressed. | 整天坐在那个房间里让她很抑郁 |
[04:28] | You can help her with that, right? | 你可以帮她 对吧 |
[04:29] | Depression’s kind of your jam. | 你最了解怎么对付抑郁了 |
[04:33] | Douglas, the game. | 道格拉斯 看比赛 |
[04:34] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[04:36] | I’ll bring some work home for her to do, | 我会带些工作回来让她做 |
[04:38] | – and then we’ll try to get her to socialize a little. – Good. | -然后我们会鼓励她出去社交一下 -很好 |
[04:41] | I’m sure she has many friends who are anxious to see her. | 我相信肯定有迫不及待想见她的朋友 |
[04:44] | Eh, we’ll dig somebody up. | 我们掘地三尺找找看 |
[04:46] | Come on, I’ll take you home. | 来 我送你回家 |
[04:49] | Just so you know, | 如你所知 |
[04:50] | depression is a real, measurable disease. | 抑郁症是一种真实的 可预见的疾病 |
[04:53] | Is one of the symptoms going to airport bars | 去机场酒吧和行李分拣员搭讪 |
[04:55] | to hook up with baggage handlers? | 算不算症状之一 |
[04:59] | Very nice, Douglas. | 干得漂亮 道格拉斯 |
[05:01] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:01] | I was enjoying family time! | 我还在享受家庭时光呢 |
[05:13] | – What? – That pharmacist keeps texting me. | -怎么了 -药剂师不停地给我发短信 |
[05:16] | – I thought you broke it off. – I did. | -我以为你们分了 -我分了 |
[05:18] | I told him very clearly we should just be friends. | 我明确跟他说了我们当朋友就好 |
[05:21] | You’re such a bad liar. | 你真不擅长说谎 |
[05:22] | I am. | 确实 |
[05:25] | But look at this. | 估且看看这个 |
[05:27] | Look what I can get over the counter. | 看看我在柜台后面找到了什么 |
[05:31] | I don’t want to see that. | 我可不想看 |
[05:33] | I do. | 我想 |
[05:35] | Damn, he’s pretty. | 该死 他还挺有型 |
[05:38] | Send this to me. | 发给我 |
[05:39] | – No. – Oh, come on. | -不要 -别啊 |
[05:41] | I’ve been married a long time. | 我都结婚这么久了 |
[05:42] | I need a little help to get across the finish line. | 需要来点刺激才能越过终点线 |
[05:46] | What would your husband say? | 你丈夫看见会怎么说 |
[05:47] | Oh, he won’t care. He’ll hold the phone for me. | 他才不管呢 还会替我举着手机 |
[05:52] | Look who’s here! | 看看谁来了 |
[05:55] | Hey, you! | 你好啊 |
[05:58] | So good to see you. How you doing? | 见到你真高兴 你好吗 |
[06:00] | Yeah, what’s the good word? | 是啊 说好听点叫什么来着 |
[06:02] | Paralysis. | 瘫痪 |
[06:06] | Well, you look fabulous. | 你看上去挺好 |
[06:07] | Yeah, sure. | 是啊 当然 |
[06:08] | No, it’s true. | 没骗你 真的 |
[06:09] | We were expecting to see a melted candle with blonde hair. | 我们还以为会看见个油尽灯枯的金发女郎 |
[06:12] | – Trish. – You laughed in the car. | -崔西 -你刚在车里还笑了 |
[06:16] | So, | 所以 |
[06:18] | what you been up to? | 你最近怎么过的 |
[06:20] | Not much. I sit here, watch TV. | 没什么 坐在这儿 看看电视 |
[06:23] | They make me exercise. | 他们让我复健 |
[06:24] | That sounds fun! | 听上去很有趣 |
[06:25] | Yeah, like a staycation. | 是啊 像是居家旅行 |
[06:27] | Who needs Cabo? | 谁还用得着去卡波 |
[06:30] | So, how’s it going at the club? | 俱乐部怎么样了 |
[06:32] | Oh, well, here’s some big news. | 好吧 是有个新鲜事 |
[06:35] | We have a new member who happens to be a black gal. | 我们有个新成员 刚好是个黑人女孩 |
[06:37] | We love her. | 我们都爱她 |
[06:38] | – She’s great. – So great. | -她不错 -很不错 |
[06:39] | – That’s great. – It is great. | -挺好 -是挺好 |
[06:44] | So… | 所以 |
[06:47] | so, when are you done with all this? | 你什么时候能康复 |
[06:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:51] | Maybe never. | 可能好不了了 |
[06:57] | Okay, I’m j– I’m just gonna say it. | 好吧 我 我只想说 |
[06:58] | I’m sad now. | 现在有点难过 |
[07:00] | Oh, Jen, it’s gonna be okay. | 詹 会没事的 |
[07:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:04] | Cause I’m really sad. | 因为我真的很难过 |
[07:08] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们能来 |
[07:09] | – Bye. Bye. – Okay, you bet. | -再见 -好的 当然 |
[07:12] | If that was me, I’d take a handful of pills | 如果换作是我 就吞一把药 |
[07:13] | and just end it. | 自我了断 |
[07:15] | She can’t open the bottle. | 她拧不开药瓶 |
[07:16] | – That’s the problem. – I know. | -这才是问题所在 -我知道 |
[07:20] | Well, that was a fun little visit, huh? | 一次有趣的会面 不是吗 |
[07:23] | Don’t ever spring that on me again. | 别再这么对我 |
[07:26] | No more visitors. | 我谁都不见 |
[07:28] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[07:29] | I don’t want people to see me like this. | 我不想让别人看到我这副样子 |
[07:31] | Come on, you got nothing to be embarrassed about. | 没事 没什么好尴尬的 |
[07:33] | People get sick, life happens. | 世人都会生病 人生无常 |
[07:35] | No more visitors. | 我谁都不见 |
[07:36] | – Okay, okay. – I don’t need any more lookie-loos. | -好吧 -我才不需要什么看客 |
[07:40] | “Come see the one-armed woman | “快来看啊 独臂女 |
[07:42] | trying to chew a pizza roll with half a mouth.” | 用半张嘴嚼披萨了” |
[07:47] | Well, that’s why you’re slim– | 这就是你苗条的原因 |
[07:48] | you chew. | 你咀嚼它们 |
[07:49] | I just swallow ’em like pills. | 而我直接像吞药丸那样吞 |
[07:52] | It’s not fair. They’re both older than me, | 真不公平 她们都比我老 |
[07:54] | and they’re totally healthy. | 还都那么健康 |
[07:56] | Well, I’m sure, at some point, | 我确定 指不定什么时候 |
[07:57] | they’ll have their own medical crisis to deal with. | 她们就得应对自己的医疗危机 |
[08:01] | Don’t try and cheer me up. | 休想让我振作起来 |
[08:13] | I spoke with your mathematics teacher today. | 我今天和你的数学老师聊过了 |
[08:16] | She said that Beginning Algebra is not challenging for you. | 她说初级代数对你来说没难度 |
[08:20] | You should be in Advanced Placement. | 你应该跳级 |
[08:21] | – I’d rather not do that. – Why not? | -我不想跳级 -为什么不想 |
[08:24] | I’d like to stay in a class with my friends. | 我想在我的班和朋友们在一起 |
[08:28] | Are you listening to my stupid son? | 你们听听我傻儿子说的这话 |
[08:32] | Given the opportunity to better himself, | 拒绝更上一层楼的机会 |
[08:34] | he would rather be with his friends. | 宁愿和朋友们待在一起 |
[08:37] | You will make new friends. | 你会交到新的朋友 |
[08:38] | Smarter friends. | 更聪明的朋友 |
[08:41] | And one day, your hard work will pay off | 未来某一天 你的付出终将得到回报 |
[08:43] | and you’ll be happy, | 你会非常幸福 |
[08:45] | like me. | 就像我这样 |
[08:50] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[08:51] | – What? – It’s Bob. | -怎么了 -是鲍勃 |
[08:52] | His mother’s depression is getting worse. | 他妈妈的情绪更加抑郁了 |
[08:55] | Americans have so much depression. | 好多美国人都抑郁 |
[08:57] | I don’t understand it. | 我真搞不懂 |
[08:58] | I do. | 我懂 |
[09:05] | Oh, hi! | 你们好 |
[09:06] | We came to cheer up your mother. | 我们来给你妈妈加油鼓劲 |
[09:08] | With food and games. | 用食物和游戏 |
[09:10] | Oh, that’s very nice, but she’s not really up for vi– | 你们真好 但是她现在不是很想见… |
[09:12] | Okay, come on in! | 好吧 请进 |
[09:21] | Here you go. | 请享用 |
[09:22] | A real Nigerian meal. | 地道的尼日利亚美食 |
[09:25] | Thank you, Olu, but I’m not hungry. | 谢谢 奥卢 但我不饿 |
[09:27] | Eat. | 吃 |
[09:28] | Really, I don’t have an appetite. | 说真的 我没胃口 |
[09:30] | Eat! | 吃吧 |
[09:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:41] | Spicy! | 好辣 |
[09:44] | It’s hot pepper soup. | 是胡辣汤 |
[09:46] | It cures colds, fevers, | 能治感冒 发烧 |
[09:48] | anything that troubles you. | 以及任何让你烦心的事 |
[09:49] | Even your make-believe depression. | 甚至能治愈你这装出来的抑郁 |
[09:52] | Make-believe? | 装出来的 |
[09:54] | I just had a stroke; | 我中风了 |
[09:56] | I think I’m allowed to be a little gloomy. | 我觉得我可以表现得有点郁闷吧 |
[09:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:00] | What purpose does it serve? | 郁闷有什么用 |
[10:02] | I don’t know, it’s just how I feel. | 我不知道 我就是这种感觉 |
[10:05] | Dottie, let me tell you a story. | 多蒂 我给你讲个故事 |
[10:08] | Ah, damn. | 该死 |
[10:11] | There once was a monkey who lost his tail. | 从前 有一只猴子失去了尾巴 |
[10:14] | Don’t tell me, he was depressed. | 别告诉我 他很沮丧 |
[10:18] | I will tell you. | 我马上就会讲到 |
[10:20] | He was depressed. | 他很沮丧 |
[10:22] | A crocodile had bitten off his tail, | 鳄鱼咬掉了他的尾巴 |
[10:25] | and with it, his will to live. | 有了尾巴 他才有生存意志 |
[10:28] | Can you please just cut to the moral of the story? | 你可以直截了当地说这个故事的寓意吗 |
[10:33] | Cannot swing from branch to branch… | 我不能一下子就跳到讲寓意 |
[10:35] | The other monkeys made fun of him… | 其他猴子取笑他 |
[10:37] | Uh, he met a clever turtle… | 他遇到了一只聪明的乌龟 |
[10:40] | The moral is… don’t give up. | 寓意就是 不要放弃 |
[10:45] | That’s great. I feel better. | 好故事 我感觉好多了 |
[10:47] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:48] | Finish your soup, then we’ll play Scrabble. | 把汤喝完 然后我们玩拼字游戏 |
[10:52] | I don’t know, I’m really tired. | 我不想玩 我真的很累 |
[10:54] | We also brought beer. | 我们还带了啤酒 |
[10:57] | Shut the door. | 把门关上 |
[11:05] | Karo. | 你好 |
[11:06] | Hey. Karo. | 你好 |
[11:08] | Gloria, that’s a lovely necklace. | 格洛里亚 你的项链真好看 |
[11:10] | It’s just the chain for my glasses. | 是我眼镜的链子 |
[11:14] | I also have a necklace. | 我也有一条项链 |
[11:16] | Oh, nice. | 很好看 |
[11:17] | Yes, very pretty. | 是的 非常漂亮 |
[11:19] | It was a gift. | 是别人送的礼物 |
[11:20] | – Really? Who gave it…? – Don’t. | -真的吗 谁送的 -不要问 |
[11:21] | That’s what she wants. | 她就想让你问她 |
[11:24] | Oh, come on. Please ask. | 快点 问吧 |
[11:26] | – Who gave you the… – Chukwuemeka! | -谁送给你的 -楚库埃梅卡 |
[11:30] | Kemi. | 凯米 |
[11:31] | What can I do? | 我能怎么办 |
[11:31] | He will not take “No” for an answer. | 他不听我的拒绝 |
[11:33] | Did you tell him “No”? | 那你拒绝了吗 |
[11:35] | No. | 没有 |
[11:37] | Kemi, be careful. | 凯米 小心点 |
[11:38] | He’s going to want something in exchange for this gift. | 他醉翁之意不在酒 |
[11:41] | Oh, he already got it. | 他已经达到目的了 |
[11:43] | This was not a please, it was a thank you. | 项链并不是醉翁之意 而是事后谢礼 |
[11:54] | *Pretty woman* | *一位美女* |
[11:56] | *Rolling down the street* | *在街上摇滚* |
[11:58] | *Pretty woman* | *一位美女* |
[12:00] | *The kind I’d like to meet* | *是我想见的人* |
[12:02] | *Pretty woman.* | *一位美女* |
[12:04] | Wow, you look great. | 你看着状态很好 |
[12:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:06] | What’s the occasion? | 有什么大事吗 |
[12:07] | I’m tired of laying around, | 我厌倦了躺着 |
[12:08] | waiting to die. | 等待死亡 |
[12:09] | I’m gonna have lunch at the club. | 我要去俱乐部吃午饭 |
[12:11] | Good for you. With Jen and Trish? | 真为你高兴 和詹和崔西一起吗 |
[12:13] | Ah, screw Jen and Trish. | 我讨厌詹和崔西 |
[12:15] | I’m going with Olu and Tunde. | 我要跟奥卢和通德一起去 |
[12:17] | Olu and Tunde? | 奥卢和通德 |
[12:19] | That’s exactly what I said, | 我就是这么问的 |
[12:21] | and how I said it. | 也是这种语气 |
[12:23] | What’s the big deal? | 有什么问题吗 |
[12:24] | Nothing, it’s just the club’s kind of a stuffy place; | 没什么 只是俱乐部氛围有点古板 |
[12:27] | they may raise some eyebrows. | 她们可能会一脸震惊 |
[12:28] | Ah, those old hags have had so much Botox, | 那些老太婆打了那么多瘦脸针 |
[12:31] | their eyebrows aren’t going anywhere. | 她们表情没那么丰富 |
[12:34] | There’s my Nigerians. Mush. | 我的尼日利亚伙伴来了 走 |
[12:38] | *Pretty woman…* | *一位美女* |
[12:39] | That was cute once. | 以前唱得很好听 |
[12:46] | One moment, please. | 请稍等 |
[12:52] | Ooh, cream of broccoli. | 绿花菜汤 |
[12:54] | Good choice. | 点得好 |
[12:58] | That’s right, Susan, I’m not dead. | 是我 苏珊 我没死 |
[13:02] | So many old white people, | 这么多白人老人 |
[13:04] | it’s like eating lunch in a bank. | 好像在银行吃午饭 |
[13:08] | This is fun. | 很有趣 |
[13:09] | Yes, and next week we will take you to our club. | 是的 下周我们会带你去我们的俱乐部 |
[13:12] | You have a club? | 你们有俱乐部吗 |
[13:13] | No, it was a joke. | 没有 开个玩笑 |
[13:15] | I assumed you knew we do not have a club. | 我以为你知道我们没有俱乐部 |
[13:18] | But you could come to church with us sometime. | 但你有时间可以和我们一起去教堂 |
[13:21] | That was not a joke. | 这不是开玩笑 |
[13:23] | Look who’s out and about. | 看看是谁出山了 |
[13:25] | And someone combed your hair. | 有人帮你梳了头 |
[13:28] | Hi. Jen Davenport. | 你好 詹·达文波特 |
[13:30] | I’m Trish Dolan. And you are? | 我是崔西·多兰 你是哪位 |
[13:32] | Oluwatoyin Ifedayo Olatunji. | 奥卢瓦托因·伊夫达约·奥拉通吉 |
[13:35] | And this… | 这位 |
[13:37] | is Babatunde Teletubby | 是巴巴通德·泰勒塔比 |
[13:40] | Olatunji. | 奥拉通吉 |
[13:42] | Did I get that right? | 我说得对吗 |
[13:44] | Close enough. | 很接近 |
[13:47] | You two are so cute, all matchy-matchy. | 你们两个太可爱了 真是太般配了 |
[13:50] | And how is it that you know Dottie? | 你怎么认识多蒂的 |
[13:52] | Well, her son is courting our niece. | 她儿子在追求我们侄女 |
[13:54] | Courting? | 追求 |
[13:55] | Oh, très galant. | 很勇敢[法语] |
[13:57] | I voted for Obama. | 我投票给了奥巴马 |
[14:00] | Speaking of, | 说到这里 |
[14:01] | we have a gal here you two should meet. | 有个姑娘 你们两个应该见见 |
[14:04] | – She’s great. – So great. | -她很棒 -非常棒 |
[14:05] | Really great. | 真的很棒 |
[14:06] | Great. | 棒哦 |
[14:14] | – Kaason. – Kaason. | -你好 -你好 |
[14:16] | Thank you so much for meeting me. | 谢谢你愿意见我 |
[14:20] | I got you a cappuccino with extra foam. | 我给你点了多加奶的卡布奇诺 |
[14:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:24] | I remembered. | 我记得 |
[14:25] | You like it to tickle your lip. | 你喜欢润泽你的嘴唇 |
[14:28] | Your memory is as perfect as your abdomen. | 你的记忆和你的腹肌一样好 |
[14:32] | So, what was so important that you had to see me at work? | 有什么事重要到让你在我上班的时候来找我 |
[14:37] | I need to ask you a favor. | 我要请你帮个忙 |
[14:38] | Yes, of course, what? | 没问题 什么事 |
[14:41] | I need the necklace back. | 我想要回那条项链 |
[14:45] | In exchange for a better one? | 为了换一条更好的吗 |
[14:48] | No. Here is the problem: | 不 问题是这样的 |
[14:52] | my mother saw how expensive it was and became very upset. | 我妈妈看到价钱后就很不高兴 |
[14:56] | And how does she know how much it cost? | 她怎么知道这有多贵 |
[14:57] | She went through my pockets when she was doing my laundry. | 她在给我洗衣服的时候翻了我的口袋 |
[15:00] | Your mother does your laundry? | 你妈妈帮你洗衣服 |
[15:02] | I certainly would not pay a stranger to do it. | 我肯定付钱让陌生人来给我洗衣服啊 |
[15:07] | Well, I will not be giving back the necklace. | 我不会把项链还你的 |
[15:08] | Kemi, please. | 凯米 求你了 |
[15:10] | Will you be giving me back what I gave to you? | 如果这是我给你的 你会还给我吗 |
[15:14] | No. | 不会 |
[15:15] | I will treasure that night forever. | 我会永远珍惜那一晚 |
[15:18] | Good. And tell your mother if she has a problem, | 很好 告诉你妈妈要是她有意见 |
[15:20] | she can talk to me. | 她可以自己来找我 |
[15:22] | You don’t want to do that. | 你绝对不会希望那样的 |
[15:23] | Why? I’m not afraid of her. | 为什么 我不怕她 |
[15:25] | Because you don’t know her. | 因为你还不了解她 |
[15:28] | Chukwuemeka, don’t worry, I will take care of you. | 楚库埃梅卡 别担心 我会罩你 |
[15:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:38] | Really. | 真的 |
[15:42] | You’re wearing the necklace now, aren’t you? | 你现在就戴着这条项链 对吗 |
[15:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:47] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉到 |
[15:52] | The food is delicious. | 这食物很美味 |
[15:53] | Yes, very good. | 对 很不错 |
[15:55] | As long as we don’t get raided by ICE, | 只要移民局不来突袭 |
[15:57] | we got a great kitchen. | 这里的处方很不错 |
[16:00] | You know, | 你知道的 |
[16:01] | they put on a nice wedding here, too. | 这里办的婚礼也很棒 |
[16:05] | Are you thinking of one couple in particular? | 你想到的是某一对吗 |
[16:07] | A mother can dream, right? | 做妈妈可以偶尔做做梦吧 |
[16:10] | So can aunties. | 阿姨也是 |
[16:13] | And Bob’s first wedding was downtown, | 鲍勃的第一场婚礼是在市中心办的 |
[16:15] | so there’s no bad juju. | 所以没有坏运[祖祖] |
[16:17] | Excuse me, did you say “Bad juju”? | 不好意思 你刚刚说坏运吗 |
[16:20] | Ah, geez, is that an offensive term? | 天啊 这是冒犯的话吗 |
[16:23] | No, we Nigerians invented juju. | 不 祖祖音乐是我们尼日利亚发明的 |
[16:27] | And don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[16:28] | we will tell you if you are being offensive. | 要是你说了冒犯的话 我们会告诉你的 |
[16:30] | Likewise. | 彼此彼此 |
[16:31] | Now, if we’re gonna have the ceremony here, | 如果我们要在这里举行婚礼 |
[16:34] | we’ve got to book it like a year in advance. | 我们得提前一年预定 |
[16:37] | Are we ready to commit? | 我们准备好了吗 |
[16:38] | I feel good about it. | 我觉得没问题 |
[16:40] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[16:42] | So what’s the first step? | 那第一步是什么 |
[16:43] | Abishola needs to finalize her divorce in Nigeria. | 艾比希拉得先离了在尼日利亚结的婚 |
[16:46] | And they’ll need to start looking into | 他们要给德勒在附近 |
[16:48] | neighborhood schools for Dele. | 找好学校 |
[16:49] | And I’ll have my lawyer draw up a prenup. | 我会让我的律师拟好婚前协议 |
[16:53] | What? | 什么 |
[16:54] | Well, it’s just this thing you sign | 就是一个签署了 |
[16:55] | to make sure everybody hangs on to what’s theirs. | 就能确保大家原来的财产还是自己的 |
[16:58] | We know what it is. | 我们知道那是什么意思 |
[16:59] | But why does Abishola need one? | 但艾比希拉为什么需要签 |
[17:01] | Do you think she wants Bob’s money? | 你觉得她想要的是鲍勃的钱 |
[17:03] | No, but it’s a family business, | 不 但这是家族产业 |
[17:04] | and it needs to stay in the family. | 这应该属于我们的家族 |
[17:07] | But wouldn’t Abishola be a part of the family? | 但是艾比希拉那样不就是你们家族的人吗 |
[17:10] | Well, yeah, sort of. | 嗯 差不多吧 |
[17:14] | Do you remember a moment ago, you asked us to tell you | 你记不记得一分钟前 你还和我们说有冒犯 |
[17:16] | when you are being offensive? | 就告诉你 |
[17:18] | It’s happening now. | 现在就是了 |
[17:19] | Oh, come on, Bob had a prenup in his first marriage. | 拜托 鲍勃第一段婚姻就签了婚前协议 |
[17:23] | Christina, too. | 克里斯汀娜也是 |
[17:24] | And thank God, otherwise we’d have a life coach | 谢天谢地 不然我们的董事会里就要加入 |
[17:27] | and an underwear model on our board of directors. | 一名人生教练和一名水下模特了 |
[17:31] | Our niece is a good Christian girl. | 我们的侄女是个基督教好女孩 |
[17:33] | She would be a step up for your family. | 她不会沾染你们家族的东西 |
[17:35] | The Wicked Witch of the West | 西方的邪恶女巫 |
[17:37] | would be a step up for my family. | 也不会沾染我们家族 |
[17:40] | But the reality of marriage is: half of ’em don’t last. | 但是婚姻的真谛在于 半数都不长久 |
[17:43] | Yes, well, we believe marriage is forever. | 我们相信婚姻恒久远 |
[17:46] | Till the bitter end. | 直到痛苦的破裂 |
[17:49] | Well, tell that to the clown in Nigeria | 那你去跟尼日利亚的那个 |
[17:51] | Abishola’s trying to get rid of. | 艾比希拉想摆脱小丑去 |
[17:52] | He abandoned her, and she did not take anything from him. | 是他抛弃了她 她没有拿走他的任何东西 |
[17:55] | Well, did he have anything? | 他自己有东西吗 |
[17:57] | You assume because he is Nigerian, he is poor? | 你觉得他是尼日利亚人就很穷吗 |
[18:00] | Shame on you! | 你真可耻 |
[18:01] | Oh, don’t make this about race. | 别扯到种族上 |
[18:03] | Look who we found. | 看看谁来了 |
[18:06] | – Isn’t she great? – So great. | -她是不是很棒 -很棒 |
[18:15] | This is nice, huh? | 这样真好 |
[18:17] | Just the two of us for once. | 这次只有我们俩 |
[18:19] | Yes. It’s funny, | 嗯 很有意思 |
[18:20] | we see each other almost every day, | 我们几乎每天都能见面 |
[18:22] | but we’re so busy, I still miss you. | 但是我们很忙 我还是很想你 |
[18:25] | You know what? I’ve been missing you, too. | 你知道吗 我也很想你 |
[18:28] | Hopefully we have more time like this | 希望我们能有更多像这样的时光 |
[18:30] | now that your mother is making progress. | 你妈妈现在已经好多了 |
[18:32] | Well, that’s thanks to your aunt and uncle. | 多亏了你阿姨和叔叔 |
[18:34] | Did you ever expect your family and my family | 你有想到你的家人和我的家人 |
[18:36] | to get along like this? | 关系能这么好吗 |
[18:38] | Not in a million years. | 绝对想不到 |
[18:41] | What’s that about? | 怎么回事 |