时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | So, if I want to say hello in her language…. | 如果我想用她的母语说你好 |
[00:06] | – E karo. – E karo. | -你好 -你好[约鲁巴语] |
[00:08] | No, no, no, e karo. | 不是 是你好 |
[00:11] | Pretty sure that’s what I said. | 我很确定我就是那么说的 |
[00:14] | Now, how do you say goodbye? | 好了 怎么说再见 |
[00:16] | – O dabo. – O dabo. O dabo. O dabo. | -再见 -再见[约鲁巴语] |
[00:18] | Hello, Richard. | 你好 理查德 |
[00:19] | Hey, Abishola. | 你好 艾比希拉 |
[00:21] | How’s it going with Bob? | 你和鲍勃怎么样了 |
[00:22] | Huh… how do you know about Bob? | 你怎么知道鲍勃的事 |
[00:29] | You told the bus driver? | 你都告诉司机了 |
[00:31] | I told everybody. | 我告诉所有人了 |
[00:35] | I have decided that it is not right for us to be… | 我决定我们不应该… |
[00:40] | I do not know what we are, but we cannot be… it. | 我不知道我们算什么 但我们不能…成 |
[00:45] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[00:47] | You are a very nice man, and I am sorry, | 你是个很好的人 我很抱歉 |
[00:50] | but this is what has to happen. | 但不该这样下去 |
[00:57] | O dabo. | 再见 |
[01:05] | Karo, Abishola. | 你好 艾比希拉 |
[01:07] | Karo. | 你好 |
[01:09] | My son called. | 我儿子来电了 |
[01:10] | His wife is pregnant. | 他妻子怀孕了 |
[01:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[01:14] | That makes five grandchildren. My sister only has two. | 这是第五个孙辈 我姐妹只有俩 |
[01:17] | I win again. | 我又赢了 |
[01:21] | When we take our next family photo, she will be humiliated. | 等我们下次拍全家照时 她会惭愧死 |
[01:27] | That’s nice. | 挺好 |
[01:29] | Is something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[01:31] | – You’re sure? – Yes. | -你确定 -是的 |
[01:32] | Will you get your feet off there? | 你能把脚放下吗 |
[01:34] | Were you raised by a goat? | 你是山羊养大的 |
[01:39] | Whenever you are ready, I will listen. | 等你准备好了 我听你说 |
[01:43] | Okay, this morning… | 好吧 今天早上 |
[01:46] | I had a terrible fight with Auntie. | 我和姨妈大吵了一架 |
[01:47] | I knew it. Tell me, tell me! | 我就知道 快告诉我 |
[01:51] | Did you forget how old you are? | 你忘记自己多大了 |
[01:54] | No, Auntie. | 没有 姨妈 |
[01:55] | There are not a lot of men looking for a woman your age. | 没有多少男人在找你这个年龄的女人 |
[01:58] | – No, Auntie. – The sock man would have been wonderful for you. | -是的 姨妈 -那个袜子男对你来说很合适 |
[02:01] | – And for us. – Shh! And for us. | -对我们也是 -闭嘴 对我们也是 |
[02:03] | Yes, Auntie. | 是的 姨妈 |
[02:04] | Did you think you came to America to live your life? | 你以为自己到美国是来过自己的小日子吗 |
[02:07] | No, Auntie. | 不是 姨妈 |
[02:08] | You are more selfish than a house cat. | 你比家猫还自私 |
[02:11] | Yes, Auntie. | 是的 姨妈 |
[02:12] | What will I tell our friends and family in Nigeria? | 我要怎么跟尼日利亚的朋友家人交待 |
[02:14] | They were all expecting to be invited to the wedding. | 他们都期待被邀参加婚礼呢 |
[02:17] | Not many would come, but they would all have sent presents. | 不会有多少人来 但他们都会送礼 |
[02:21] | I do not know, Auntie. | 我不知道 姨妈 |
[02:22] | You have made me look like a fool. | 你让我看起来像傻瓜 |
[02:24] | Perhaps if you had stayed out of it, | 也许你要是没掺和这事 |
[02:26] | that might not have happened! | 也不会变成现在这样 |
[02:30] | How dare you speak to me in this manner! | 你怎么敢这么和我说话 |
[02:33] | How dare you speak to her in that manner! | 你怎么敢这么和她说话 |
[02:37] | Feet! Feet. | 脚 脚 |
[03:07] | Got you a Danish from the truck. | 给你从卡车那儿拿了一块面包 |
[03:10] | Thanks, but no. | 谢了 不用 |
[03:12] | You sure? I had them warm it up for you. | 你确定吗 我还给你加热了 |
[03:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:16] | Right out of the oven. | 刚出炉的 |
[03:22] | No. | 不要 |
[03:24] | There’s jelly in the middle. | 中间有果酱噢 |
[03:27] | I said no! | 我说了不要 |
[03:30] | Okay. Sorry. | 行吧 抱歉 |
[03:36] | What? It’s good. | 怎么了 超好吃 |
[03:40] | Well, hello. Is that a dating site? | 瞧瞧 这是相亲网站吗 |
[03:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:45] | So you’re trying to get skinny. | 难怪你想变瘦 |
[03:47] | By 7:30 tonight. | 今晚七点半之前 |
[03:49] | – Oh, dude. – Yeah. | -老天 -是啊 |
[03:52] | What happened to the nurse? | 那个护士呢 |
[03:54] | She blew me off. | 她把我拒了 |
[03:55] | Sorry. Her loss. | 真遗憾 是她的损失 |
[03:57] | I like to think so. | 我也想这么想 |
[03:58] | But on the plus side, it showed me | 但往好的看 这让我意识到 |
[04:00] | that I’m ready to start dating again. | 我已经准备好再次约会了 |
[04:02] | Good for you. | 真有你的 |
[04:03] | Thanks, but do me a favor. | 谢了 不过帮我个忙 |
[04:04] | Keep this between you and me. | 别告诉其他人 |
[04:07] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:12] | How long has it been since you, uh… | 你已经多久没那啥了 |
[04:14] | you know? | 你懂的 |
[04:19] | Well, let’s see, the divorce was three years ago, so… | 我想想 离婚是三年前 所以 |
[04:23] | seven years. | 七年了 |
[04:25] | Ouch. I would have killed myself. | 扎心了 要我早就自杀了 |
[04:28] | It’s still an option for you. | 你还是可以自杀 |
[04:31] | What dating site are you on? | 你在用什么相亲网 |
[04:32] | Uh, it’s a new one, | 是个新的 |
[04:33] | for upscale, middle-aged professionals. | 专为高等 中年专职人员 |
[04:36] | That’s cool. Keeps out the young, attractive people. | 不错 没有年轻 有魅力的人 |
[04:41] | Am I wrong? | 我错了吗 |
[04:41] | Give me the damn Danish. | 把面包给我 |
[04:47] | Okay, let’s start him on nitroglycerin, | 给他用硝酸甘油 |
[04:49] | 0.4 milligrams sublingual. | 0.4毫克舌下含服 |
[04:52] | Nitroglycerin? Are you sure? | 硝酸甘油 你确定 |
[04:53] | Yes, I’m sure. Do you have a problem with that? | 我确定 你有异议吗 |
[04:56] | No, it’s just that | 没有 只是 |
[04:57] | he’s also on sildenafil, and there could be a bad reaction. | 他还在服用西地那非 可能会有不良反应 |
[05:01] | Wh-What kind of bad reaction? | 什么不良反应 |
[05:05] | You’re fine. Don’t worry. | 你没事的 别担心 |
[05:07] | Can I talk to you in the hallway? | 我们可以去走廊谈谈吗 |
[05:08] | Well, I-I’m… I-I’m kind of worried. | 我 我有点担心 |
[05:15] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你究竟怎么回事 |
[05:17] | Nitroglycerin and sildenafil can cause severe arrhythmia. | 硝酸甘油和西地那非会引起严重心律失常 |
[05:22] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[05:25] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[05:27] | Of course. I am sorry. | 当然不会 对不起 |
[05:29] | Do you understand | 你知道吗 |
[05:30] | that when you correct me in front of the patient, | 当着病人的面纠正我 |
[05:32] | that undermines his confidence in not just me, | 不仅是削弱他对我的自信心 |
[05:34] | but in this entire hospital? | 还会让他对整个医院失去信心 |
[05:36] | Again, very sorry. | 再说一次 非常对不起 |
[05:37] | That’s it? You’re sorry? | 这样就行了吗 对不起 |
[05:41] | If you have something to say, then say it. | 如果你要说什么 说出来 |
[05:44] | I’m glad that you did not kill the patient. | 我很庆幸你没有治死病人 |
[05:49] | And I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:53] | What were you thinking? | 你究竟在在想什么 |
[05:55] | I apologized, but he kept pushing. | 我道歉了 但他还穷追不舍 |
[05:58] | What have I told you since the first day you worked here? | 你第一天来这上班的时候我跟你说了什么 |
[06:02] | Don’t sleep with a married doctor | 不要和已婚医生上床 |
[06:03] | unless I intend to get pregnant. | 除非我打算生孩子 |
[06:07] | No, the other thing. | 不是 是另一件事 |
[06:10] | Oh. Don’t make waves. | 别惹麻烦 |
[06:11] | And what did you do today? | 那你今天做什么了 |
[06:14] | I made a wave. | 我惹麻烦了 |
[06:16] | Damn right you did. | 你可真棒 |
[06:17] | Do you realize there’s, like, 200,000 Filipino girls | 你知道有二十万菲律宾姑娘 |
[06:21] | waiting to take your job? | 等着接替你的工作吗 |
[06:22] | I do. | 我知道 |
[06:23] | And they’re all good nurses, too. | 她们还都是很优秀的护士 |
[06:25] | Some of them were doctors in the Philippines. | 有些在菲律宾还是医生 |
[06:30] | Do you think he’ll file a complaint? | 你觉得他会投诉吗 |
[06:32] | H-He’s a surgeon. | 他是名外科医生 |
[06:33] | He gets up every morning to correct God’s mistakes. | 他每天起床就是为了纠正上帝的错误 |
[06:36] | What you think he gonna do to yours? | 你觉得他会怎么处理你的问题 |
[06:40] | – So, yes? – Yes! | -那会吗 -会的 |
[06:44] | Tagalog. | 他加禄语 |
[06:46] | Tagalog. That’s what the Filipinos speak. | 他加禄语 是菲律宾人的语言 |
[06:49] | Guess I’m gonna have to start learning. | 我应该开始学习了 |
[06:58] | Uh, no, thanks. I’m not having any bread. | 不用了 谢谢 我不要面包 |
[07:01] | – Okay. – Carbs. | -好的 -都是碳水化合物 |
[07:02] | – Sure. – Wait. | -是的 -等下 |
[07:04] | Let me just look. | 让我看一眼 |
[07:06] | Uh, is that pretzel bread? | 那是法式咸香小面包吗 |
[07:07] | Yes, sir. With Himalayan pink salt. | 是的 先生 加了喜马拉雅粉红岩盐 |
[07:10] | Son of a bitch. Get it out of here. | 我的天 快拿走 |
[07:13] | Bob? | 鲍勃 |
[07:14] | Uh, Liz. Hi. | 你好 丽兹 |
[07:16] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我迟到了 |
[07:17] | My Uber driver had a turban. | 我坐的优步车司机戴头巾 |
[07:20] | Need I say more? | 还需多言吗 |
[07:23] | No worries. Uh, I just sat down. | 没关系 我也刚座下 |
[07:25] | You’re a bourbon guy? | 你喜欢喝波旁酒吗 |
[07:27] | – Yeah. – My ex was a bourbon guy. | -是的 -我前夫也喜欢喝波旁酒 |
[07:29] | On our honeymoon, we toured a distillery. | 我们度蜜月的时候 参观了一家酿酒厂 |
[07:31] | What a dick. | 真是个混蛋 |
[07:34] | Anyway, I won’t hold it against you. | 话说回来 我不是要冒犯你 |
[07:36] | – Thanks. – You drink in the morning? | -谢谢 -你早上喝酒吗 |
[07:37] | – No. – Good boy. | -不喝 -好小子 |
[07:40] | Now, what do we think about this mustache? | 我们现在来聊聊这个小胡子 |
[07:43] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[07:44] | It doesn’t matter if I like it. | 我喜不喜欢不重要 |
[07:45] | You did it, you own it, moving on. | 你留了胡子 你就拥有它 留着吧 |
[07:51] | So your profile says you’re in construction. | 你的资料介绍说你在建筑行业工作 |
[07:53] | Yep. Commercial, mostly. | 是的 商业建筑居多 |
[07:55] | Nice. Uh, I have a warehouse in Rosedale. | 很好 我在罗斯代尔有个仓库 |
[07:57] | For your sock thing? | 用来存袜子吗 |
[08:01] | Yeah, my sock thing. | 是的 存我的袜子 |
[08:03] | We don’t do warehouses. Mostly office buildings. | 我们不建仓库 主要是办公楼 |
[08:06] | Mixed use. Retail, condos. | 混用的 零售的 公寓 |
[08:09] | That’s impressive. | 真厉害 |
[08:10] | Yeah, well, it’s not, uh… | 是的 这不是 |
[08:11] | “Therapeutic hosiery.” | “治疗袜” |
[08:16] | Are you trying to hurt my feelings? | 你在故意伤害我的感情吗 |
[08:17] | Why? Are they easily hurt? | 为什么 很容易受伤吗 |
[08:19] | No. | 不会 |
[08:21] | I hurt your feelings. | 我伤害了你的感情 |
[08:25] | Hey, not to brag, but my company is part | 不是吹牛 但我的公司是内衣行业 |
[08:28] | of the fastest-growing segment of the undergarment industry. | 发展最快的部门之一 |
[08:31] | Yeah, that doesn’t sound like a brag. | 好吧 听起来不像是吹牛 |
[08:34] | Fruit of the Loom has been nosing around to buy us out. | 鲜果布衣一直在四处打听要将我们买入 |
[08:38] | Who are you talking to, the apple or the grape? | 你要和谁谈 苹果还是葡萄 |
[08:40] | Hey. Vodka rocks. Stay close. | 给我一杯加冰伏特加 快点 |
[08:45] | We’re not off to a very good start, are we? | 我们的开场不是很好 对吗 |
[08:47] | Not really. | 不大好 |
[08:48] | Look, no big deal, | 听着 没关系 |
[08:49] | – we’re probably just nervous. – Speak for yourself. | -我们可能只是紧张 -说实话 |
[08:52] | I haven’t been nervous since I got a concealed carry permit. | 自从有了隐密携枪许可证我就不紧张了 |
[08:57] | You brought a gun to our date? | 你带枪来我们的约会了吗 |
[08:59] | I don’t know. Did I? | 我不知道 我带了吗 |
[09:05] | Where is that damn pretzel bread? | 那见鬼的法式咸香小面包在哪 |
[09:08] | Something tells me you’re one of those guys | 我猜你是会压抑自己的愤怒 |
[09:09] | who bottles up his anger until he has a heart attack. | 直至心脏病发作的那种人 |
[09:13] | Wow, I nailed it. | 我说中了 |
[09:16] | – Let’s order. – I’m gonna guess valve replacement. | -我们点菜吧 -我猜是瓣膜置换 |
[09:19] | No, wait. | 不 等一下 |
[09:21] | Three stents and a pacemaker. | 三个支架和一个心脏起搏器 |
[09:24] | You really want to play this game? | 你真的想这么晚吗 |
[09:25] | Ooh, look who’s fighting back. | 哇 开始反击了 |
[09:28] | Take your best shot. | 来吧 说点猛的 |
[09:29] | Okay. From where I’m sitting, I’m gonna guess Botox, | 没问题 我看你打过肉毒杆菌 |
[09:34] | a tummy tuck and a boob job. | 吸过脂 还隆过胸 |
[09:36] | Drop dead, you jerk. | 去死吧你个混蛋 |
[09:41] | Just kidding. You got two out of three. | 开个玩笑 你其实说中了两个 |
[09:46] | All right, what’s good here? | 看看这里有什么好吃的 |
[09:47] | I’m in the mood for something with a bone. | 我现在很想来点带骨头的 |
[09:57] | Thanks for taking me home. | 谢谢你送我回家 |
[09:59] | Just being a gentleman. | 没事应该的 |
[10:03] | Very kind. | 非常善良 |
[10:06] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[10:10] | You know, if you’d like, you could come up for a nightcap. | 如果你想的话 可以跟我上楼喝一杯 |
[10:13] | See what happens. | 没准会发生什么 |
[10:16] | Really? | 是吗 |
[10:18] | Unless you think your heart’s | 除非你是怕我把舌头伸进你耳朵的时候 |
[10:19] | gonna explode if I stick my tongue in your ear. | 你自己心脏受不了会爆炸 |
[10:22] | – My heart is fine. – Good. | -我心脏没事 -那就好 |
[10:24] | ‘Cause you’re a pretty big guy to get pinned under. | 不然你块头这么大 要压在下面还挺困难的 |
[10:28] | There’s nothing’s wrong with my heart. It’s just that… | 我心脏没什么毛病 我只是 |
[10:30] | It’s just what? | 只是什么 |
[10:32] | Well, am I crazy? Our date didn’t go that well. | 是我疯了吗 我们的约会一点也不成功啊 |
[10:34] | It didn’t, but we can still work off the creamed spinach. | 是不成功 但是我们依然可以快活一下啊 |
[10:38] | Look, I’m confused. D-Do you even like me? | 我有点搞不懂了 你喜欢我吗 |
[10:41] | Where are you going with this? | 你想说什么 |
[10:44] | Well, in my experience, | 在我看来 |
[10:45] | sex is usually a product of affection. | 性爱通常是在建立在感情上的 |
[10:48] | Affection? | 感情 |
[10:49] | Okay, now I get the Freddie Mercury mustache. | 我终于懂你为什么留佛莱迪·摩克瑞一样的胡子了 |
[10:54] | This is a Tom Selleck and has been since 1988. | 是汤姆·塞立克好吗 而且我1988年就留了 |
[10:59] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:01] | Why don’t I just take you home and we’ll call it a night? | 不如把你送到家之后我们今晚就结束吧 |
[11:03] | Sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[11:07] | Also Burt Reynolds. A lot of guys. | 伯特·雷诺兹也是这样的胡子 很多人都是 |
[11:24] | May I speak with you, please? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[11:26] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[11:27] | I realize I should not have questioned you | 我知道自己不应该在病人面前质疑你 |
[11:30] | in front of a patient, and it will never happen again. | 不会再有下次了 |
[11:33] | That’s nice to hear, but I still have to report you. | 你能这么说很好 但我还是得投诉你 |
[11:36] | I understand. Is there anything I can say or do | 我明白 有什么我可以说或者做的事情 |
[11:39] | that would make you change your mind? | 让你改变主意吗 |
[11:40] | I’m sorry. You’ve left me no choice. | 对不起 你这么做让我没得选 |
[11:45] | You do know I will be called | 我会被叫过去 |
[11:46] | in front of a review board and I will | 在整个审查委员会面前 |
[11:48] | have to tell them that you prescribed nitroglycerin | 告诉他们你给在吃西地那非的病人 |
[11:50] | for a patient on sildenafil. | 开硝酸甘油的药 |
[11:53] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[11:55] | You left me no choice. | 你也没给我其他选择 |
[12:01] | He forgave me. | 他原谅我了 |
[12:02] | And you are welcome. | 你不用谢我了 |
[12:10] | Good evening, Auntie. | 晚上好 阿姨 |
[12:17] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[12:18] | It’s your favorite. Wendy’s Baconator. | 你最喜欢的 温蒂家的培根汉堡 |
[12:22] | With American cheese and extra bacon? | 加美国干酪和多一份培根了吗 |
[12:24] | Yes. Ketchup packets? | 加了 蕃茄酱包要吗 |
[12:26] | I took so many, the cashier shouted at me. | 我拿了超级多 收银员都骂我了 |
[12:30] | – You are a good girl. – Thank you. | -你是个好女孩 -谢谢 |
[12:32] | Perhaps I should not have called you selfish. | 我也许不该说你自私 |
[12:34] | I was wrong, too. | 我也错了 |
[12:35] | I did not say I was wrong. | 我可没说自己错了 |
[12:39] | They are here. | 他们到了 |
[12:40] | – Who is here? -Come, come. | -谁到了 -快过来 |
[12:41] | – Uh, who is here? – None of your business. | -谁来了 -不关你的事 |
[12:43] | Stand up straight. | 站直了 |
[12:47] | Ogechi. | 欧盖契 |
[12:49] | What a wonderful surprise. | 真是太惊喜了 |
[12:50] | Tunde. | 通德 |
[12:52] | Ogechi. | 欧盖契 |
[12:53] | Olu. | 奥卢 |
[12:57] | A-And I see you have brought your very handsome son with you. | 你还把你儿子一起带过来了 长得真帅 |
[13:01] | Good evening, sir. Good evening, madam. | 晚上好先生 晚上好女士 |
[13:04] | Abishola, don’t just stand there. | 艾比希拉 别光站在那里 |
[13:05] | Come and greet our surprise guests. | 过来跟我们的客人打招呼 |
[13:09] | Good evening, Mrs. Mborata. | 晚上好 蒙布拉塔夫人 |
[13:10] | Please excuse my hospital scrubs, | 请原谅我还穿着医院的工作服 |
[13:12] | but I wasn’t aware we were having company. | 但我不知道今晚会有客人来 |
[13:15] | She just finished a 12-hour shift, | 她刚刚轮完12小时的班 |
[13:17] | and she still smells good. | 但是闻起来还是很香 |
[13:18] | Like a car freshener. | 就像个车载香薰 |
[13:21] | Abishola, let me introduce | 艾比希拉 我来给你介绍一下 |
[13:23] | my oldest son, Chukwuemeka. | 我的大儿子 楚库埃梅卡 |
[13:26] | You can call me Chuey. | 你可以叫我小楚 |
[13:28] | You can call him Chukwuemeka. | 你可以叫他楚库埃梅卡 |
[13:32] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[13:33] | Everyone, sit. | 大家快坐下 |
[13:35] | Abishola, | 艾比希拉 |
[13:37] | Chukwuemeka is a very successful pharmacist. | 楚库埃梅卡是个非常成功的药剂师 |
[13:40] | He works at the CVS. | 他在西维斯工作 |
[13:42] | It was originally a Walgreens, but then became Rite Aid, | 我们原本是一家沃尔格林 但后来变成来德爱 |
[13:46] | and then, two years ago, we became CVS. | 然后两年前 又变成了西维斯 |
[13:52] | Fascinating. | 真有趣 |
[13:55] | If you like, I can give everyone a flu shot. | 如果你们愿意 我可以给每人打一针流感疫苗 |
[13:58] | Wonderful. | 那太棒了 |
[14:00] | Maybe after dinner. | 不然晚饭之后 |
[14:02] | -Dinner? – Yes. | -晚饭 -是啊 |
[14:07] | I must say, the-the beauty of your home | 我必须得说 您的家实在是太美了 |
[14:10] | is surpassed only by the beauty of the women who live in it. | 也只有住在这屋檐下的女人的美貌才能比得上 |
[14:15] | Chukwuemeka, | 楚库埃梅卡 |
[14:16] | stop it. | 别闹了 |
[14:18] | This one is spoken for. | 这一位已经有主了 |
[14:20] | But this one is not. | 但这一位没有 |
[14:29] | You’re still here. | 你还没走 |
[14:31] | Where else would I be? | 我还能去哪里 |
[14:32] | I don’t know, maybe out | 我不知道 也许 |
[14:34] | with another one of your Internet ladies? | 再和网上约的女人出去 |
[14:39] | Douglas. | 道格拉斯 |
[14:41] | Don’t be mad at him. | 不要冲他生气 |
[14:42] | We’re all rooting for you, sweetheart. | 我们都支持你 亲爱的 |
[14:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:45] | So, how’d it go last night? | 昨晚进展如何 |
[14:47] | Not real well. | 不大好 |
[14:48] | Did she mention the mustache? | 她说了你的小胡子吗 |
[14:51] | I like it. It’s staying. | 我喜欢 我不剃 |
[14:54] | I like it, too. | 我也喜欢 |
[14:59] | Doesn’t matter. I’m not gonna waste any more time on dating. | 这不重要 我不会再浪费时间约会了 |
[15:02] | Oh, that’s crazy talk. | 别胡言乱语了 |
[15:04] | You name me one other guy | 你说还有谁能 |
[15:06] | who can roll into a hospital on a gurney | 躺在病床上进医院 |
[15:08] | and roll out with an African nurse. | 然后和一个非洲女人一起滚出来 |
[15:11] | Can we please drop it? | 我们能不提这茬了吗 |
[15:12] | Just give it some time. | 慢慢来 |
[15:14] | Y-You’ll find somebody. | 你会找到意中人的 |
[15:16] | I’m 50 years old, Mom. | 我50岁了 妈妈 |
[15:18] | Big whoop. George Clooney didn’t find love till he was 54. | 别胡说了 乔治·克鲁尼54岁才找到真爱 |
[15:21] | Look at me, Mom. I’m not George Clooney! | 你看看我 妈妈 我不是乔治·克鲁尼 |
[15:25] | You are to me, Bobby Socks. | 你对我来说就是 鲍勃袜袜 |
[15:31] | – You’re kidding. – What is it? | -开什么玩笑 -怎么了 |
[15:33] | It’s a text from that woman I went to dinner with. | 是和我一起吃晚饭的那个女人 |
[15:35] | Oh, that’s a good sign. What’d she say? | 这是个好兆头吧 她说什么了 |
[15:37] | “Look what you’re missing out on.” | “看看你错过了什么” |
[15:40] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[15:43] | I think she likes you. | 我觉得她喜欢你 |
[15:51] | Looks kind of like your mustache. | 看起来有点像你的小胡子 |
[15:55] | Thank you again for a wonderful meal. | 再次感谢你准备了这么棒的晚餐 |
[15:57] | Yes, Olu, you are very talented in the kitchen. | 奥卢 你的厨艺太精湛了 |
[16:00] | Well, nowhere near as talented as you are in the church choir. | 比不上你在教堂唱诗的水平 |
[16:04] | Did you know | 你知道 |
[16:04] | that Abishola has a beautiful singing voice? | 艾比希拉的歌喉很棒吗 |
[16:07] | No, I did not. | 不 我不棒 |
[16:09] | Sing something. | 唱一段 |
[16:13] | No. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[16:15] | She’s shy. | 她很害羞 |
[16:17] | You should come over when she showers in the morning. | 你们应该在她早上洗澡的时候过来 |
[16:20] | You would swear Reba McEntire was in our bathroom. | 你们肯定会以为雷巴·麦克恩特进了我们家卫生间 |
[16:25] | Let’s leave them alone so they can get to know each other. | 让他们单独聊聊 增进了解吧 |
[16:28] | Yes. Good idea. | 好 好主意 |
[16:34] | Sing “Cathy’s Clown” For him. | 给他唱《凯西的小丑》 |
[16:42] | I’m sorry about my mother. | 对不起 我妈妈就这样 |
[16:43] | She’s very old-fashioned. | 她很守旧 |
[16:44] | It’s okay. I know this wasn’t your idea. | 没关系 我知道这不是你的主意 |
[16:47] | No. But I’m glad to be sitting here with you. | 是的 但能和你坐在一起也挺不错的 |
[16:53] | So, do you enjoy being a nurse? | 你喜欢做护士吗 |
[16:54] | Yes. I find it very rewarding. | 嗯 我觉得很有成就感 |
[16:57] | I feel the same way about being a pharmacist. | 我觉得做药剂师也是 |
[17:00] | Ah, that’s good. Very good. | 那很不错啊 |
[17:05] | I want you to know, if this works out, | 我告诉你 如果我俩成了 |
[17:08] | I will allow you to keep your job. | 我允许你继续工作 |
[17:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:17] | That is very generous. | 你真是太慷慨了 |
[17:20] | I’m modern, | 我很现代 |
[17:21] | not like my parents. | 和我父母不一样 |
[17:23] | As long as dinner is on the table when I come home, | 只要我回家的时候桌上有晚餐 |
[17:25] | there’s no problem. | 就没有问题 |
[17:29] | Oh, I think there is a problem. | 我觉得还是有问题的 |
[17:40] | Oh. Hello, Bob. | 你好 鲍勃 |
[17:42] | Sorry. I didn’t know you were gonna be here. | 抱歉 我不知道你会来这里 |
[17:45] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来了 |
[17:46] | I’ve kind of grown to like this bench. | 我开始喜欢这张长椅了 |
[17:48] | I mean, I like it better with you, | 我更喜欢和你一起坐在这里 |
[17:49] | but I like it also just as a bench. | 但我也更喜欢只有一张长椅 |
[17:53] | Would you care to sit? | 你要坐下吗 |
[17:55] | Uh, is that okay? I don’t want to intrude. | 可以吗 我不想打扰你 |
[17:57] | Please. I would like you to sit. | 坐吧 我希望你坐下 |
[17:58] | – Are you sure? – Shut up and sit. | -你确定吗 -闭嘴坐下 |
[18:05] | – How have you been? – Not bad. | -你最近怎么样 -还行 |
[18:08] | I had to get a new phone number. | 我被迫换了个手机号 |
[18:11] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[18:12] | Not great. | 不大好 |
[18:14] | Oh, I’m sorry. You want to talk about it? | 很遗憾 你想聊聊吗 |
[18:15] | No. | 不想 |
[18:18] | Okay, well, just sitting’s good. | 好吧 就坐着也行 |
[18:21] | Just sitting is good. | 就坐着也行 |
[18:27] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[18:29] | You can. | 能 |
[18:30] | You’ll be honest with me? | 你会说实话吗 |
[18:31] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[18:33] | Should I lose the mustache? | 我该剃掉小胡子吗 |
[18:36] | No. I like it. | 不用 我很喜欢 |
[18:38] | It is very manly. | 很有男人味 |
[18:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:58] | Baconator. | 培根汉堡 |
[19:03] | Square hamburger, round buns. | 方汉堡 圆火腿 |
[19:07] | Somehow, it works. | 就是完美锲合 |
[19:13] | God bless America. | 天佑美国 |