时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:44] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[01:46] | – There’s a fire. – What? | -起火了 -什么 |
[01:56] | Go to your sister. | 去找你妹妹 |
[02:01] | Another couple of buckets of water over here. | 再提几桶水过来 |
[02:03] | Watch your step. It’s a mess over there. | 小心脚下 那儿一片狼藉 |
[02:06] | You needn’t have come over. | 你不必过来 |
[02:08] | I could hardly sleep with all the to-do. | 这么大的事 我睡不着 |
[02:13] | Was there anything important inside? | 里面有什么重要的东西吗 |
[02:16] | I’ve no idea. | 我不知道 |
[02:17] | I never go in there. | 我没进去过 |
[02:20] | All right, the back looks good. | 好了 后面没着火 |
[02:23] | Do I look ridiculous? | 我是不是不太端庄 |
[02:25] | Well, I think we both do. | 我们都一样 |
[02:28] | I’ve looked around. Nothing’s out of sorts. | 我四处查看了 一切都还好 |
[02:30] | Did you think it might be? | 你觉得可能吗 |
[02:32] | Well, better to make sure, isn’t it? | 我再去确认一下 好吗 |
[02:34] | Well, compost can spontaneously combust. | 堆肥有时候会自燃 |
[02:37] | How’d you come to know that, Miss Predock? | 你怎么知道 雷多克女士 |
[02:41] | It’s just an odd fact, really. | 这是公认的事实 |
[02:43] | Was there compost in there? | 里面有堆肥吗 |
[02:46] | I haven’t the slightest idea. | 我不清楚 |
[02:48] | Whatever started it, it burned fast. | 不知道是什么引起的 烧得很快 |
[02:53] | Oily rags? | 油布吗 |
[03:01] | Well, young sir, what did you see? | 小绅士 你看见了什么 |
[03:05] | – The fire starting. – And before that, though? | -起火了 -起火之前呢 |
[03:09] | Nothing. | 什么也没看到 |
[03:10] | But if you saw the fire starting, | 如果你看到起火了 |
[03:13] | you were already awake. | 就说明你已经醒了 |
[03:17] | I was looking for the man. | 我在找那个人 |
[03:20] | What man? | 什么人 |
[03:21] | The gypsy. | 那个吉普赛人 |
[03:22] | – Margaret: What are you talking about? – He was here. | -你在说什么啊 -他来过这里 |
[03:25] | In the garden? – In the street this morning. | -花园里 -今早在街上 |
[03:29] | How do you know he was a gypsy? | 你怎么知道他是吉普赛人 |
[03:31] | He had his bag with him | 他拿着一个包 |
[03:32] | for his gypsy things. | 装着吉普赛人的东西 |
[03:34] | What was he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[03:35] | Walking by the house. | 在房子周围徘徊 |
[03:37] | Did you see him again tonight? | 今晚你又看见他了吗 |
[03:45] | Time to get back to bed. | 该去睡觉了 |
[03:47] | – Can’t I stay up? – Enough adventures for one day. | -晚点睡行吗 -今天发生的活动够多了 |
[03:55] | Off you go now. | 去睡觉吧 |
[04:04] | A man? | 一个男人 |
[04:06] | That he saw in the morning on the street. | 他今早在街上看见的男人 |
[04:08] | I wouldn’t make too much of it. | 我觉得没什么 |
[04:10] | – Then why is Gareth here? – Precaution. | -加里斯为什么在这里 -防备 |
[04:13] | And precaution brought you here at 2:00 in the morning? | 你凌晨两点跑来防备 |
[04:16] | Perhaps I wanted to see Miss Predock in her nightgown. | 也许我想看看雷多克女士穿睡衣的样子 |
[04:19] | That’s an interesting thing to say. | 真有趣 |
[04:23] | I’m here because Mr. Thompson’s away on business | 我来是因为汤普森先生外出做生意 |
[04:26] | and he asked me to look in. | 他让我照看你们 |
[04:31] | Was it Gyp Rosetti? | 是吉普·罗塞蒂吗 |
[04:35] | – Who? – The man Teddy saw. | -谁 -泰迪看见那人 |
[04:37] | We have his dog. | 他的狗还在我们这里 |
[04:40] | Mr. Rosetti’s not a gypsy. | 罗塞蒂先生不是吉普赛人 |
[04:43] | Mr. Thompson had some business with him, but it’s well concluded. | 汤普森先生和他做过生意 现在已经结束了 |
[04:46] | And he wouldn’t bother with setting fires in your yard. | 他没必要来你院子里放火吧 |
[04:50] | Oily rags. | 油布 |
[04:53] | Unless you believe in the pooka | 除非你相信晚上 |
[04:56] | roaming the fields at night. | 是鬼精灵在四处飘荡 |
[04:59] | The pooka takes the shape of a black horse. | 鬼精灵会化作黑马出现 |
[05:02] | He also appears as a goat or a rabbit. | 也会变成山羊或者兔子 |
[05:04] | And how would a rabbit start a fire? | 兔子怎么放火 |
[05:06] | That’s just my point. | 我只是猜猜 |
[05:15] | You should have seen this place. | 你应该看看这地方 |
[05:16] | Swarming with state police. | 遍地联邦警察 |
[05:19] | Schwarzkopf himself made use of my office. | 施瓦茨科普夫曾用过我的办公室 |
[05:21] | – Who’s that? – The top banana, that’s who. | -谁啊 -是个大人物 |
[05:24] | – And where are they now? – The troopers? | -他们在哪里 -你说联邦警察吗 |
[05:26] | Well, they’re gone. | 他们走了 |
[05:27] | There’s nothing left for them to do. | 没什么可做的 |
[05:30] | Now that your pal Rosetti’s flown the coop. | 你的朋友罗塞蒂也神秘消失了 |
[05:32] | You think I wanted him here? | 你以为我待见他啊 |
[05:34] | It was play nice or end up a rib roast like Sickles. | 得听他的 不然像希寇斯一样被做成烤肉 |
[05:37] | 11 men died and you’re making jokes? | 死了十一个人 你还有心情开玩笑 |
[05:39] | A robbery– that’s all he said it’d be. | 他说只要我们去抢劫 |
[05:43] | I had no idea, I swear. | 我真不知情 我发誓 |
[05:45] | You of all people– I mean, | 你们这么多人 那个 |
[05:46] | I’m the sheriff, for Christ’s sakes. | 天啊 我可是警长 |
[05:50] | He leave anything behind– Rosetti? | 罗塞蒂留下什么东西了吗 |
[05:52] | – You mean besides the dead bodies? – Any hooch? | -除了尸体还有什么 -有酒吗 |
[05:55] | Any of our alcohol? | 有我们的酒吗 |
[05:57] | Not a drop. | 一滴都没有 |
[05:58] | He comes back, you see one hair | 只要他回来 |
[06:02] | on his greasy fuckin’ head, you pick up the phone. | 一有他的蜘丝马迹 就马上打电话给我 |
[06:04] | – You hear me? – I swear, Eli, on my kids, | -听到了没 -我以我孩子发誓 伊莱 |
[06:06] | you’ll be the first to know. | 我会第一个通知你 |
[06:09] | One more question– | 还有一个问题 |
[06:11] | is it true Rosetti was wearing a dog collar? | 罗塞蒂真的戴着狗项圈吗 |
[06:33] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[06:36] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[06:39] | – Oh, you startled me. – I’m sorry, I– | -你吓死我了 -抱歉 我 |
[06:41] | – is this room 404? – Yes, sir. | -这是404房间吗 -是的先生 |
[06:43] | I’m supposed to meet an acquaintance, a Mr. Means. | 我是来见一个老朋友的 米恩斯先生 |
[06:46] | There’s no one here, sir. | 没这个人 先生 |
[06:47] | The last guest checked out last night. | 最后一个客人昨晚退房了 |
[06:49] | – He did? – Actually, it was a woman– French. | -他退房了 -是一个法国女人 |
[06:53] | – You can still smell the perfume. – Hello? | -还闻得到香水味 -有人吗 |
[06:59] | It appears we’ve been stood up. | 我们好像都被放鸽子了 |
[07:01] | Remus can see that. | 我看出来了 |
[07:02] | If you’ll forgive me, I do need to get back to work. | 如果没什么事了 我去工作了 |
[07:11] | What do you make of this? | 看鱼缸有什么用 |
[07:12] | – Is it the right day? – We can’t both be wrong. | -是今天吗 -不可能我们都记错日子了 |
[07:16] | First Wednesday of every month. | 每月的头个星期三 |
[07:17] | – Did you call him? – I don’t have his number. | -你打给他了吗 -我没号码 |
[07:22] | Remus does. | 我有 |
[07:24] | Then Remus should call. What are you asking me for? | 那你应该打啊 问我做什么 |
[07:32] | Long distance. | 长途 |
[07:34] | Washington DC. | 华盛顿 |
[07:36] | Yes, I’ll hold. | 好的 我等着 |
[07:38] | Something smells here. | 有点不对劲的味道 |
[07:40] | Perfume, she said. | 她说了 是香水的味道 |
[07:42] | With Daugherty. | 达赫提不对劲 |
[07:44] | Harry’s all right. | 哈利没事的 |
[07:45] | What rock have you been under? | 你被屏蔽消息了吗 |
[07:47] | There’s a Senate subcommittee. | 这儿有个参议院委员会 |
[07:49] | I’m sorry, sir, telephones are for guests only. | 抱歉先生 电话只供客人使用 |
[07:52] | – Yes, operator, I’m still here. – Sir. | -接线员 我还在 -先生 |
[07:56] | Shall I phone the house detective? | 要我叫保安吗 |
[07:58] | Let’s call from the lobby. | 去大厅打吧 |
[08:03] | And give this flophouse any more business? | 要老子给这个破旅馆送钱啊 |
[08:06] | I’m heading home. | 我回家打 |
[08:14] | He’s from Cincinnati. | 他是辛辛那提的 |
[08:18] | And so the braves were assembled before Chief Running Deer, | 酋长召集了勇士们 |
[08:21] | the campfire blazing in the darkness. | 篝火在黑暗中燃烧 |
[08:24] | “Which of you stole the horse?” The chief asked. | “你们谁偷了马” 酋长问 |
[08:27] | The first brave said, “Not I,” | 第一个勇士说”不是我” |
[08:29] | as did the second brave beside him. | 第二个勇士也否认了 |
[08:31] | They stood there in silence. | 他们沉默地站着 |
[08:35] | Then finally, the honest Injun stepped forth | 终于 诚实之人走出来 |
[08:38] | and told the truth, admitting it was he. | 说了实话 承认是他偷的 |
[08:41] | Upon hearing this, the wise old chief looked at the braves. | 睿智的老酋长听完之后 看着勇士们 |
[08:45] | “My sons,” He proclaimed, | 他说”我的孩子们” |
[08:47] | pointing to the honest Injun, | 指着诚实之人 |
[08:49] | “I have chosen your new chief.” | “我选你做下一任的酋长” |
[08:54] | Hear, hear. | 说得好 说得好 |
[09:04] | Thank you, Mr. Attorney General, | 多谢 首席检察官先生 |
[09:05] | for that very inspirational tale. | 多谢你讲述了这个鼓舞人心的故事 |
[09:08] | As I look out at the eager faces | 在这个房间里 当我看向你们 |
[09:11] | – in this room today… – You okay? | -这一张张热切的脸庞时 -你没事吧 |
[09:12] | …I see the moral fiber of America. | 我看到了美国的道德素养 |
[09:16] | You boys will be the leaders of tomorrow. | 你们将成为未来的领袖 |
[09:19] | And when one of you youngsters becomes | 你们中的人成为 |
[09:21] | the next Andrew Carnegie, the next Babe Ruth– | 下一个安德鲁·卡内基 下一个贝比·鲁斯 |
[09:24] | maybe there’s even a Warren Harding among us– | 或者下一个沃伦·哈丁时 |
[09:27] | you will recollect that the values that brought you success | 你们会回忆起带给你成功的价值观 |
[09:31] | were instilled by the Boy Scouts of America. | 是由美国童子军灌输给你们的 |
[09:36] | Well, it’s all there in the Scout Law, isn’t it? | 这些都写在童军规律里 是吧 |
[09:39] | A Scout is trustworthy, loyal. | 童子军是可靠的 忠诚的 |
[09:43] | A Scout is helpful, friendly, courteous. | 助人为乐 待人友善 彬彬有礼 |
[09:47] | A Scout is kind, obedient, pure of thought and deed. | 童子军是仁慈的 孝顺的 纯洁的 |
[09:52] | How could we let it get this far? | 我们怎么会落到这步田地 |
[09:54] | Brace up, Jess. Not here. | 打起精神 杰西 这儿可不行 |
[09:56] | We stole, Harry. We stole. | 我们偷窃 哈利 行偷窃之事 |
[09:59] | Apart from the laws of God, | 像上帝法则这样的 |
[10:02] | has a greater doctrine ever been forged? | 伟大教条何曾被伪造过 |
[10:05] | Come on. Hear, hear! | 说得好 说得好 |
[10:12] | Now, while we enjoy breakfast, | 现在 我们吃早餐的同时 |
[10:14] | Troop 14 from Laurel, Maryland, | 来自马里兰州劳雷尔的十四队 |
[10:16] | will serenade us with a campfire favorite. | 会为我们献上营火会最受欢迎的小夜曲 |
[10:19] | Jess isn’t feeling well. He got a bad sausage. | 杰西不太舒服 他吃了变质的香肠 |
[10:22] | They undercook it, it tends to spoil. | 香肠没熟 容易变质 |
[10:45] | You’re getting very skillful, | 你现在很熟练了 |
[10:47] | except for the K and the R. | 除了K和R |
[10:48] | The K is hard. | K不好写 |
[10:50] | We can go over it after dinner. | 饭后我们可以复习 |
[10:55] | Shall we do that? | 可以吗 |
[10:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:02] | Come sit beside me. | 过来 坐我旁边 |
[11:10] | I know things are difficult right now, | 某些事情可能让你觉得不安 |
[11:13] | but we’re all safe here. | 但是我们在这里很安全 |
[11:15] | There’s nothing for you or your sister to worry about. | 你和你妹妹都不必担心什么 |
[11:18] | What about the gypsy? | 那个吉普赛人呢 |
[11:20] | Why would he start a fire? | 他为什么要放火 |
[11:23] | Because Daddy’s not here. | 因为爸爸不在家 |
[11:26] | He started the fire | 是因为他放了火 |
[11:27] | and your father wasn’t here to catch him? | 你爸爸不在家 不能抓住他 |
[11:30] | Or because your father’s not here, he started a fire? | 还是因为你爸爸不在家 他才放火 |
[11:34] | Can’t Owen live here with us? | 欧文不能和我们住一起吗 |
[11:37] | What? No. | 什么 不行 |
[11:41] | Mr. Sleater works for your father. | 斯雷特先生是你爸爸的手下 |
[11:44] | And that’s not what we’re talking about right now. | 我们现在讨论的不是这个 |
[11:46] | The important thing to remember | 需要谨记的是 |
[11:48] | is that we all need to be careful | 我们大家都要小心为上 |
[11:51] | so that accidents don’t happen again. | 这样意外就不再发生了 |
[11:54] | Agreed? | 同意吗 |
[11:55] | It’s not going to happen again. | 不会再发生了 |
[12:00] | All right, then. | 那就好 |
[12:03] | After supper, we’ll tackle the K. | 晚饭后 我们来练习写”K” |
[12:10] | I don’t know what your split is with Gillian, | 不晓得你跟吉莉安怎么分成 |
[12:12] | but I can guarantee you this is better. | 但我可以保证让你赚更多 |
[12:15] | – 70-30, her favor. – There you go, then. | -三七开 她拿大头 -那就成了 |
[12:19] | This is a 50-50 deal. | 我们五五开 |
[12:20] | You sell to the johns, to the other girls. | 你去卖给嫖客 还有其他姑娘 |
[12:23] | And you smoke it like opium? | 像鸦片那样抽吗 |
[12:28] | Sure, if you like. | 当然 只要你喜欢 |
[12:31] | You can sniff a little, too. | 还可以吸一点 |
[12:34] | Even shoot it. | 注射也行 |
[12:39] | What the fuck?! | 搞什么 |
[12:40] | – You just barge in? – Give me that. | -你随随便便就进来了 -东西给我 |
[12:43] | And get dressed. | 穿好衣服 |
[12:49] | That’s mine. | 那是我的 |
[12:50] | We have standards here, Charles. | 我们这里是有规矩的 查尔斯 |
[12:52] | Our girls don’t peddle dope. | 我们的姑娘不卖白粉 |
[12:56] | If they made any money, they wouldn’t have to. | 要是她们赚得到钱 不卖也无妨 |
[12:58] | You dress these whores like schoolmarms. | 你把这群婊子打扮得跟女教师一样 |
[13:00] | It’s tasteful, the way things ought to be. | 那叫品味 本当如此 |
[13:03] | In any event, it hasn’t stopped you from sampling the merchandise. | 再怎样也没影响你抽样调查的兴致 |
[13:08] | It’s the 20th century, sweetie. | 现在是二十世纪了 亲爱的 |
[13:10] | You wanna make a buck? | 想要赚大钱 |
[13:11] | Have them start showing a little skin. | 就得让她们露些肉 |
[13:13] | Whatever would I do without your advice? | 没有你的建议我可怎么办 |
[13:26] | I gotta go. | 我该走了 |
[13:29] | I’ll see you next time I’m in town. | 下次进城再来看你 |
[13:32] | But unfortunately, that won’t be here. | 不幸的是 不会在这里见了 |
[13:35] | Gather your things. You’re fired. | 收拾东西 你被开除了 |
[13:38] | What? | 什么 |
[13:39] | I’m part owner of this joint. | 我是这里的合伙人 |
[13:41] | But it’s my house, remember? | 可这是我的房子 还记得吧 |
[13:43] | I thought it was Jimmy’s. | 我以为是吉米的 |
[13:46] | Actually, you’re right, it is. | 你说的对 正是他的 |
[14:07] | What are you hearing, any scuttlebutt? | 你们有听到什么风声吗 |
[14:09] | I keep calling Jess Smith, | 我一直电话找杰西·史密斯 |
[14:11] | but I can’t get a straight answer. | 得不到正面答复 |
[14:12] | For 10 grand a month, you think you’d at least get reassurance. | 每个月一万块 还以为能买个安心 |
[14:15] | Well, I’m not paying another dime. | 我是一分钱也不会再花了 |
[14:16] | Here’s a new face. What brings you to town? | 新面孔 什么风把您吹来了 |
[14:22] | Well, isn’t this chummy? | 诶呀 真是亲切友好 |
[14:23] | We’re in the middle of a private meeting. | 我们正在私人会面 |
[14:25] | Well, now you’re in the middle of another one. | 现在是下一场会面 |
[14:27] | Remus has business that doesn’t concern you. | 雷穆斯有与你无关的公事 |
[14:29] | You get lost on your way back to Ohio? | 你回俄亥俄州迷路了吗 |
[14:31] | I’ll call you later, Nucky. | 我回头打电话给你 努基 |
[14:32] | I’m here now, Harry. | 我现在就在这里 哈利 |
[14:34] | And I want answers. | 我要答复 |
[14:36] | Boys, give us a minute. | 伙计们 让我们单独谈谈 |
[14:48] | Your man Means didn’t show at the hotel. | 你那个米恩斯没在酒店出现 |
[14:50] | – Something came up. – And you couldn’t pick up a phone? | -突发情况 -你连电话都不能接 |
[14:53] | How much trouble are you in, Harry? | 你到底有多大的麻烦 哈利 |
[14:55] | I told you, it’s a witch hunt. | 我跟你说了 这是政治倾轧 |
[14:57] | And your companion there | 你的那位同僚 |
[14:57] | looks like he’s about to be burned at the stake. | 看上去像是要被活烤了 |
[14:59] | Jess is fine. | 杰西没事 |
[15:02] | He’s under a little strain is all. | 他只是压力有些大 |
[15:04] | – These investigations– – So who’s the patsy, | -现在的调查 -谁是替罪羊 |
[15:06] | the poor sap you’re gonna feed to the wolves? | 你打算拿谁去填饿狼的口 |
[15:08] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[15:10] | You indicting me, Harry? | 你要揭发我吗 哈利 |
[15:12] | Don’t be so dramatic. | 别这么夸张 |
[15:14] | That’s not an answer. | 这不是答复 |
[15:16] | I don’t owe you one. | 我不欠你答复 |
[15:18] | Indict Remus instead. | 揭发雷穆斯吧 |
[15:21] | – That’s never gonna happen. – Why not? | -那是不可能的 -为什么不行 |
[15:24] | Because Jess Smith would be implicated, too. | 因为他会牵出杰西·史密斯 |
[15:26] | He’s the only one Remus ever paid directly. | 直接从雷穆斯手里拿过钱的只有他 |
[15:28] | You’ll save your lackey’s ass over someone who’s given you | 你要出卖给你上万美元的金主 |
[15:31] | – hundreds of thousands of dollars? – Hearsay. | -救你的奴才 -都是传闻 |
[15:33] | I never accepted a red cent from you, Mr. Thompson. | 我没从你手里直接收过一分钱 汤普森先生 |
[15:36] | I delivered the State of New Jersey | 是我送上了新泽西州的选票 |
[15:38] | so your fucking puppet could pretend to be president. | 你那个木偶才能装模作样当总统 |
[15:41] | You’re the only Republican that voted, eh? | 投票的只有你一位共和党吗 |
[15:44] | Harry, I swear to Christ, | 哈利 我向上帝发誓 |
[15:47] | if you bring me down, you’re coming with me– | 如果你扳倒我 我会拉上你的 |
[15:49] | lock, stock, and whiskey barrel. | 文书 股票 和威士忌桶 |
[15:54] | Who do you think the American people are gonna believe? | 你以为美国人民会相信谁 |
[15:57] | The Attorney General of the United States | 联邦总检察长 |
[15:59] | or a washed-up bootlegger from New Jersey? | 还是倒台的新泽西州走私贩 |
[16:02] | Well, I guess we’ll find out, won’t we? | 到时候就知道了 不是吗 |
[16:15] | A rather frank individual, isn’t he? | 真是个坦诚的人 |
[16:18] | Who could use a lesson in civics. | 该有人教教他公民学 |
[16:21] | Well, I shall endeavor to do my best. | 我尽力而为 |
[16:26] | So they give Forbes the boot and nothing changes. | 我们给福布斯送了酒 可还是一切照旧 |
[16:29] | The Veterans Bureau still denied me benefits. | 退伍军人事务部还是不给我好处 |
[16:31] | Coffers are empty, pal. | 库房都空了 伙计 |
[16:32] | I have half a mind to head down to Washington | 我有心直接赶奔华盛顿 |
[16:35] | and shit on the White House lawn. | 在白宫草坪上拉泡屎 |
[16:37] | I’d like to see you do that. | 我倒想看看那场面 |
[16:39] | President Harding said he’ll take care of us. | 哈丁总统说他会照顾我们 |
[16:41] | Shouldn’t we give him a chance? | 不该给他个机会吗 |
[16:42] | – Yeah, right. – Go back to Kansas, kid. | -开玩笑 -回堪萨斯去吧 小子 |
[16:46] | The Bureau give you disability? | 退伍军人事务部给你抚恤金了 |
[16:48] | ‘Course not. Why you think he’s here? | 当然不是 你以为他为什么在这 |
[16:50] | They said that my injuries did not prevent me | 他们说我的伤残并没有妨碍我 |
[16:53] | from securing gainful employment. | 从事有报酬的工作 |
[16:55] | Jesus, what’s it take? | 老天 要什么样才算 |
[16:58] | – I say we start the petition like we said. – Yeah. | -我说我们照说好的请愿 -对 |
[17:01] | You finished with the bellyaching? | 你们无病呻吟够了吗 |
[17:02] | Some of us would like a drink. | 这里有人想喝酒 |
[17:04] | Yeah, I’ll second that. | 我支持 |
[17:06] | France– big fuckin’ deal. | 法国狗屁 |
[17:07] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[17:09] | – At least you were fighting white men. – Aw, here we go. | -至少你的对手是白人 -开始了 |
[17:11] | Our hero of the Philippines. | 我们费城的英雄 |
[17:13] | Bring democracy to the savages– bullshit. | 给野蛮人带去和平 狗屁 |
[17:16] | We fought that war for the Sugar Trust. | 我们参战是为了糖业托拉斯 |
[17:18] | – What? – You’re talking like a Bolshevik, mister. | -什么 -你讲话像个布尔什维克 先生 |
[17:21] | Grow up, sonny. Get your diaper changed. | 长大点儿吧 毛小子 把尿布换了 |
[17:24] | What are you looking at, Half Moon? | 你看什么看 半月脸 |
[17:26] | Lay off, Sagorsky. | 一边去 撒格斯基 |
[17:28] | Drink your drink and shut up. | 喝你的酒 别张嘴 |
[17:29] | – Shove it. – Yeah, shut up. | -滚蛋 -对 闭嘴 |
[17:32] | One of these days I’m gonna teach you a lesson, son. | 总有一天我要给你个教训 小子 |
[17:36] | Fight night’s tomorrow, pops. | 明天晚上才能斗拳 |
[17:38] | Farm boy’s got a big trap. | 农场小子架子倒足 |
[17:41] | I can make a fist, too. | 拳头也很厉害 |
[17:44] | You’re pissing up the wrong tree. | 你可招惹错人了 |
[17:47] | – Do it. – Tomorrow night, then. | -打吧 -那就明晚 |
[17:50] | Here’s to you, boys. | 敬你们 |
[17:53] | Bunch of fuckin’ saps. | 一群窝囊废 |
[17:55] | Fuckin’ asshole. | 操他娘的王八蛋 |
[18:03] | And a pack of Luckies. | 再来一包烟 |
[18:07] | Keep it. | 不用找了 |
[18:14] | Help you fellas? | 要帮忙吗 |
[18:15] | We were thinking maybe we could help you. | 我们认为或许我们可以帮到你 |
[18:18] | Well, I have no bags, but thank you very much. | 我没有行李 所以多谢了 |
[18:20] | – Day-tripper, huh? – Stay awhile, see the sights. | -不打算住下 -住一阵子 看看风景 |
[18:23] | Actually, I’ve got tickets for a Broadway show tomorrow night. | 其实呢 我买了今晚百老汇的戏票 |
[18:25] | Eddie Cantor. | 艾迪·康托尔[喜剧演员] |
[18:27] | Lincoln Memorial’s finally finished. | 林肯纪念堂总算建好了 |
[18:27] | I hear it’s really something. | 听说值得一去 |
[18:30] | You gents with the Chamber of Commerce? | 先生们是商会的吗 |
[18:32] | – We’re with the Justice Department. – Harry Daugherty’s outfit. | -我们是司法部的 -哈利·达赫迪手下 |
[18:35] | And you’re bragging about that? | 这也值得夸耀吗 |
[18:36] | – What’s in the bag, wisenheimer? – Cough syrup. | -带子里是什么呀 聪明人 -咳嗽药水 |
[18:39] | Not feeling well? | 身体不适 |
[18:42] | I have a train, boys, so if you don’t mind… | 我还要赶火车 如果你们不介意 |
[18:44] | We do mind, actually. | 事实上我们介意 |
[18:49] | This here’s a violation of the Volstead Act. | 这可是违反禁酒法案的 |
[18:55] | Stick around, pal. | 别走了 伙计 |
[18:57] | We got a nice, comfy room for you, | 咱有间舒服屋子给你 |
[18:59] | courtesy of the Attorney General. | 总检察长的盛情 |
[19:13] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[19:14] | Sorry to disturb, ma’am. | 抱歉打扰了 夫人 |
[19:16] | Miss Predock is downstairs. | 普雷多克小姐在楼下 |
[19:19] | She is aware Mr. Sleater doesn’t live here, isn’t she? | 她知道斯雷特先生不住这里的吧 |
[19:22] | There’s something she needs to discuss with you. | 她有事找你谈 |
[19:29] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[19:34] | I think he… | 我想他 |
[19:36] | may have gotten lost. | 可能是迷路了 |
[19:38] | He was over on my property. | 他在我家 |
[19:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:42] | Maybe we should talk. | 也许我们该谈谈 |
[19:45] | Go sit in the parlor. | 去客厅坐下 |
[19:47] | You’re not to move until I come for you. | 我没去找你之前不许动 |
[19:49] | – Understood? – I need my bag. | -懂了吗 -我要我的口袋 |
[19:51] | We’ll discuss that later. | 你的事回头再说 |
[19:53] | Go on. | 去啊 |
[19:57] | I don’t mean to be melodramatic. | 我不想闹得太夸张 |
[19:59] | I– I was getting ready to go back to Philadelphia for the week | 我本来正在准备回费城去过周末 |
[20:02] | and I just wanted to be sure– | 只是打算检查一下 |
[20:04] | well, oily rags and all that. | 蘸油的碎布那件事 |
[20:07] | I found him in my garage. | 我发现他在我家车库里 |
[20:10] | – Doing what? – He wouldn’t say. | -在做什么 -他不肯说 |
[20:12] | But… | 但是… |
[20:24] | Look, I loathe busybodies, | 这样 我最讨厌多事的人 |
[20:28] | so not a word. | 所以就不打扰了 |
[20:41] | But if you ever want to talk, | 但是如果你什么时候想谈谈 |
[20:44] | I’m a good listener. | 我是个好倾听者 |
[20:45] | Yes. Thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[21:04] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有 |
[21:05] | Do what? | 没有什么 |
[21:07] | Burn the greenhouse. | 烧掉花房 |
[21:10] | Why were you in Miss Predock’s garage? | 你到普雷多克小姐的车库去做什么 |
[21:14] | You must have had a reason. | 你必须说出理由 |
[21:17] | The man. | 那个人 |
[21:18] | The Gypsy man? | 那个吉普赛人 |
[21:20] | He was going to light another fire. | 他想再点一把火 |
[21:23] | – Why? – Because he… | -为什么 -因为他 |
[21:26] | likes to burn things up, I guess. | 喜欢烧东西吧 我猜 |
[21:38] | And what are these for? | 这些又是做什么的 |
[21:45] | I don’t know what to do with you. | 我不知道该拿你怎么办 |
[21:47] | You sneak about. You lie. | 你偷偷摸摸 你撒谎 |
[21:49] | You destroy things. | 你毁坏东西 |
[21:51] | You’ll end up hurting people. | 你这样下去会伤到人的 |
[21:53] | Do you think that’s right? | 你认为这样对么 |
[22:00] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[22:05] | Face away from me. | 转过脸去 |
[22:25] | Now go to your room! | 回你房间去 |
[22:41] | Come on, you fuckin’ powder puff. | 来啊 你这炮灰 |
[22:43] | Is that all you got? | 就这点儿本事吗 |
[22:44] | You got that mouth of his! | 打他的嘴 |
[22:45] | Come on, Tuck, you got him! | 加油 塔克 打他 |
[22:46] | Come on, Tuck, baby! | 加油 塔克 |
[22:48] | Come on, hit him! Hit him! | 加油 打他 打他 |
[22:50] | That’s it, Tuck! Come on! | 就这样 塔克 加油 |
[22:54] | Come on, Tuck! | 加油 塔克 |
[22:56] | Come on, baby, yeah! | 加油 对了 |
[23:00] | Give him a shot in the kisser! Well done! | 打他的脸 打得好 |
[23:02] | – That’s it, baby! – Come on, he’s nothing. | -这就对了 -加油 他什么都不是 |
[23:04] | – Come on, give it to him! – You kiss the Kaiser like that? | -加油 揍他 -你就是这么揍德国佬的么 |
[23:07] | Come on, Tuck! | 加油塔克 |
[23:11] | Don’t let him dance around you, Tuck! | 别让他绕着你转 塔克 |
[23:13] | Come on, Tuck, give him one! | 加油 塔克 给他一拳 |
[23:16] | Come on, sock him! | 加油 揍他 |
[23:25] | Come on. | 加油 |
[23:26] | Fuckin’ tomato can! | 操你娘的怂货 |
[23:28] | Come on, get up, get up, get up! | 挺住 起来起来 |
[23:32] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[23:33] | Keep going, Tuck. Don’t give up! | 塔克 继续 别放弃 |
[23:35] | Come on, Tuck. | 加油 塔克 |
[23:36] | Give it up, old man. You got nothing left. | 放弃吧 老家伙 你没戏了 |
[23:40] | The body, Tuck– hit the body. | 往身上打 塔克 打身上 |
[23:42] | Again. Hit him again. | 再打 再打他 |
[23:46] | Come on, he’s just an old man. | 来呀 他不过是个老家伙 |
[23:51] | You’ll show him now! Attaboy! | 给他点儿颜色看 |
[23:54] | Give it to him, Tuck! | 使劲揍他 塔克 |
[24:00] | That’s how I kiss the Kaiser. | 我就是这么揍德国佬的 |
[24:22] | 18 goddamn hours | 十八个小时 |
[24:24] | without so much as a telephone call. | 都他妈不让打个电话 |
[24:26] | A phone call? | 还打电话 |
[24:28] | We’re lucky they even fed us. | 有吃的你就该知足了 |
[24:31] | Moldy cheese on stale bread– you call this food? | 奶酪都发霉了 面包也硬了 这也能吃 |
[24:35] | Depends how hungry I am. | 真饿了什么不能吃 |
[24:38] | Alby Gold. | 阿尔比·古尔德 |
[24:41] | Nucky Thompson. | 努基·汤普森 |
[24:41] | Nucky? | 努基[在英文里有伙计、哥们的意思] |
[24:43] | That’s quite a moniker. | 好名字 |
[24:46] | So what are you in for, Nucky? | 你靠什么吃饭的的 努基 |
[24:49] | An unquenchable thirst. | 靠人类的欲望 |
[24:52] | Me, I’m in the hooch business, a wholesaler. | 我是做酒水生意的 批发商 |
[24:56] | – Nabbed me with quite a haul. – You don’t say. | -抓我的时候发现了一大批酒 -是吗 |
[25:01] | Almost five cases, | 差不多五箱 |
[25:03] | nearly an entire week’s work. | 一个星期的汗水 |
[25:06] | I got a still in my basement. | 我把蒸馏器放地下室里 |
[25:09] | Is it worth it? | 冒这个险值吗 |
[25:12] | I mean, there’s gotta be easier ways to make a buck. | 挣钱的方法不是多了 |
[25:15] | If there are, I haven’t found any. | 可惜我没找到别的 |
[25:19] | Say, um, you gonna eat that? | 对了 那个你还吃吗 |
[25:27] | Sullivan, Goodheart, McHugh, and Tinao, | 苏利文 古德哈特 麦休还有提奈欧 |
[25:32] | you’re up. | 到你们了 |
[25:41] | Catubig. | 卡图比格 |
[25:44] | Beg pardon? | 什么 |
[25:46] | Catubig. | 卡图比格 |
[25:48] | – It was a battle. – Philippines. | -战役 -在菲律宾 |
[25:51] | We lost. | 我们输了 |
[25:53] | But do you think we gave up the fight? | 但是我们从来没放弃 |
[25:57] | “To serve honestly and faithfully | “效忠祖国 |
[26:00] | against all enemies.” | 奋勇杀敌” |
[26:07] | Where’s my bottle? | 我的酒瓶呢 |
[26:23] | What’s all this bullshit about alcohol? | 干嘛要禁酒 |
[26:28] | A man is willing to lay his life down for his country, | 都他妈发誓为祖国献身了 |
[26:30] | you best let that man have a goddamn drink. | 喝口酒怎么了 |
[26:33] | His daughter’s here. | 他女儿来了 |
[26:40] | Dad, again? | 爸爸 你怎么又打架 |
[26:43] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[26:44] | I should see the other fella, right? | 被你揍的那个才惨呢 是吧 |
[26:50] | I don’t need any help! | 我不用你帮我 |
[26:51] | Of course not, Gentleman Jim. | 当然不用 吉姆先生 |
[26:53] | You’ve got it all under control. | 你自己一点问题都没有 |
[27:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:05] | He’s a bit of a handful. | 他就这么麻烦 谢谢你 |
[27:07] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[27:09] | I’m Julia Sagorsky. | 我叫茱莉亚·撒格斯基 |
[27:12] | Richard Harrow. | 我叫理查德·哈罗 |
[27:14] | Well, don’t take any wooden nickels. | 别信他那些鬼话 |
[28:39] | Docket number US 137-aught-4, | 案件编号US一三七零四 |
[28:41] | United States versus Leon Bradford Wendover | 美利坚合众国起诉利昂·布拉德福德·温多弗 |
[28:44] | for violation of Title II, Section 3 of the Volstead Act. | 违反禁酒令第三章第二款 |
[28:53] | – Miss Randolph? – Mr. Wendover | -兰多夫小姐 -温多弗先生 |
[28:55] | was caught red-handed selling 10 cases of rye whiskey | 在向PSK兄弟会贩卖10箱黑麦威士忌时 |
[28:58] | to members of Phi Sigma Kappa. | 被当场擒获 |
[29:00] | Mr. Davidoff? | 大卫杜夫先生 |
[29:01] | Your Honor, my client has no knowledge– | 法官大人 我的客户毫不知情 |
[29:02] | Yes, yes. | 没错没错 |
[29:04] | I want you both up here now. | 你们两个都上来 |
[29:16] | Your client’s guilty. | 被告有罪 |
[29:17] | – Your Honor, this hearing– – Guilty. | -法官大人 听证 -有罪 |
[29:20] | The fine is $5. | 罚款五美元 |
[29:23] | – Let’s move on. – Sure, yes. | -继续 -当然 |
[29:25] | $5? Is this some sort of joke? | 五美元 您在开玩笑吗 |
[29:27] | This entire undertaking is sort of a joke, | 这个工作就是个玩笑 |
[29:31] | wouldn’t you say? | 不是吗 |
[29:32] | Next! | 下一个 |
[29:33] | Docket number US 137-aught-5. | 案件编号US一三七零五 |
[29:36] | United States versus Enoch Malachi Thompson | 美利坚合众国起诉伊诺克·马拉基·汤普森 |
[29:38] | for violation of Title II, Section 3 of the Volstead Act. | 违反禁酒令第三章第二款 |
[29:46] | Step up, please. | 请上前 |
[29:56] | – Miss Randolph? – One moment, Your Honor. | -兰多夫小姐 -法官大人 请稍等 |
[29:58] | I wasn’t aware this defendant | 我不知道今晚 |
[29:59] | was being brought before you tonight. | 会审理这位被告的案件 |
[30:03] | First, let me say that | 首先 |
[30:05] | Mr. Thompson enjoys the dubious distinction | 汤普森先生暗地里 |
[30:07] | of being the premier bootlegger in Atlantic City, New Jersey. | 是新泽西州大西洋城的贩酒头目 |
[30:10] | The People on a previous occasion prosecuted Mr. Thompson | 之前汤普森先生即被指控 |
[30:13] | – for solicitation of murder, graft… – Objection, Your Hon– | -谋杀 贪污 -法官大人 抗议 |
[30:17] | …extortion, and multiple violations of the Volstead Act. | 敲诈 并多次违反禁酒令 |
[30:19] | We request a fine of $2,000 | 因此请求对其罚款两千美元 |
[30:21] | and a sentence of one year in a federal penitentiary. | 并处一年监禁 |
[30:23] | – Jesus Christ. – Your Honor, my client is being charged | -天啊 -法官大人 被告仅仅因为持有一品脱酒 |
[30:27] | with possessing one pint of liquor. | 而被起诉 |
[30:29] | $5. | 罚款五美元 |
[30:30] | Your Honor, to allow this man to simply– | 法官大人 如果放任这个 |
[30:32] | Miss Randolph, I sympathize | 兰多夫小姐 你想让 |
[30:34] | with your desire to bring purpose to your life. | 自己的人生更有意义 我很认可 |
[30:37] | However, this courtroom is not the place to do it. | 但是不要在这里 |
[30:41] | – Next. – Docket number US 137-aught-6. | -下一个 -案件编号US一三七零六 |
[30:44] | United States versus Albert Isaac Gold | 美利坚合众国起诉阿尔伯特·伊萨克·古尔德 |
[30:46] | for violation of Title II, Section 3 of the Volstead Act. | 违反禁酒令第三章第二款 |
[30:58] | Can you break a hundred? | 你找的开一百块吗 |
[31:02] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[31:09] | Here it is, all night. | 整夜不间断 |
[31:11] | Right here, starting right now. | 就在这里 马上开始 |
[31:13] | We’re going to bring out the fire-eaters, | 为您带来吞火 |
[31:14] | the snake girl, the Indonesian midgets. | 蛇女和印度尼西亚侏儒的表演 |
[31:16] | Watch the doorway. Here they come. | 快看入口 他们来了 |
[31:18] | We’re gonna bring them out here– all three– | 他们三个同时登场 |
[31:19] | so you can see what they look like. | 让您一次瞧个够 |
[31:21] | Here comes the Princess of Fire. | 这是火之公主 |
[31:22] | She’s gonna swallow a little fire for you right now. | 现在她就为您表演吞火 |
[31:24] | Watch the doorway. Keep your eyes wide open. | 继续看入口 不要眨眼 |
[31:26] | You don’t want to miss any of the acts. | 精彩不容错过 |
[31:28] | It’s all free. | 完全免费 |
[31:30] | Gonna do a little magic for you. | 给大家变个魔术 |
[31:31] | This was taught to me by our master magician. | 我们那边的首席魔术师教我的 |
[31:33] | Just one of the 10 acts you’re gonna see on the inside. | 你们在里面也能看到 还有更精彩的 |
[31:35] | Watch the bill, watch the bill. | 看这张钞票 看着钞票 |
[31:37] | Keep your eyes on that bill. | 眼睛别挪开 |
[31:46] | That’s not true. | 不可能 |
[31:50] | Somebody butt me. | 给我根烟 |
[31:56] | Here. | 给你 |
[32:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:06] | Are you from Atlantic City? | 你是本地人吗 |
[32:08] | Evansville, Indiana. | 不是 印第安纳州埃文斯维尔 |
[32:10] | Here just looking for work. | 来这找工作的 |
[32:15] | – What’s your name? – Roger. | -你叫什么 -罗杰 |
[32:18] | Roger McAllister. | 罗杰·麦卡利斯特 |
[32:25] | Do you ever dream, Roger? | 你做过梦吗 罗杰 |
[32:27] | Well, sure. | 有啊 |
[32:29] | I mean, who doesn’t, right? | 谁都做过吧 |
[32:32] | It’s wonderful, isn’t it? | 梦境真奇妙 |
[32:35] | A world where we’re safe and happy, | 我们永远都是安全快乐的 |
[32:39] | surrounded by those we love. | 周围全是爱我们的人 |
[32:42] | Uh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:44] | I mean, I– I guess. | 应该 是吧 |
[32:46] | Dreams are where we should live. | 我们就该活在梦里 |
[32:51] | But we have to live in life. | 可惜这才是现实的世界 |
[32:56] | I know it’s not proper to talk to strange men. | 这么跟陌生人说话真不礼貌 |
[32:58] | No, no. | 没有 没有 |
[33:00] | You remind me of someone. | 你看着很眼熟 |
[33:07] | – Good night, Esther. – Good night. | -晚安 埃斯特 -晚安 |
[33:11] | You know, haul me in there another hundred thousand times, | 你再在这里起诉我几万次 |
[33:14] | you might actually put a dent in my bankroll. | 我的户头上也少不了多少钱 |
[33:16] | I only enforce the law. I don’t set the fines. | 我只捍卫法律 罚金由法官定 |
[33:20] | It was a joke. | 我是开玩笑的 |
[33:21] | Seeing you in handcuffs already had me in stitches. | 看你戴上手铐够抚平我的创伤了 |
[33:25] | I’m guessing you don’t have a lot to laugh about these days. | 你最近一定过得不太开心吧 |
[33:28] | Heading home? | 回家吗 |
[33:31] | Why would a man like you ask me a question like that? | 你这种人怎么会问我这问题 |
[33:34] | It’s nearly 5:00 A.M., I’m hungry, | 早上五点了 我饿了 |
[33:37] | and I hate to eat alone. | 而且不想一个人吃 |
[33:40] | Whatever it is, you have to admit, | 不管怎么说 你必须承认 |
[33:42] | it’s probably going to be interesting. | 跟我吃饭很有意思的 |
[33:48] | I thought you were hungry. | 你不是说你饿了吗 |
[33:50] | I’m fine with coffee. | 喝咖啡就能饱了 |
[33:52] | But you go ahead. | 你尽管吃 |
[33:54] | You look like you need it. | 你好像饿坏了 |
[33:58] | You see yourself as some sort of paterfamilias, don’t you? | 你觉得自己是族长 是吗 |
[34:03] | I didn’t go to law school. | 我不懂法律 |
[34:05] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[34:06] | The patriarch, the provider, the boss. | 元老 教父 老大 |
[34:09] | Well, I was county treasurer, | 我是做过郡司库 |
[34:12] | but those days are gone. | 但早就离职了 |
[34:14] | “Where are the snows of yesteryear?” | “去年的雪 去向何方” |
[34:17] | You’ve got a poetic side. | 你还挺有诗意的 |
[34:18] | Yes, I’m all lace and potpourri. | 女人就该这么多面 |
[34:22] | You know, we do have a common enemy. | 我们有共同的敌人的 |
[34:26] | – Surprise me. – Harry Daugherty. | -让我惊喜一下 -哈利·达赫提 |
[34:29] | I assure you, the attorney general and I get on quite well. | 司法部长和我的关系一直很好 |
[34:32] | The Queen of the Night Court– | 午夜法庭女王 |
[34:34] | scourge of the saloonkeeper. | 沙龙保镖杀手 |
[34:35] | It’s an honest living. | 我现在干的也是正当活计 |
[34:38] | But not what you had in mind when you accepted a position | 但当初你进司法部长办公室时 |
[34:40] | with the attorney general’s office. | 肯定不想干这个 |
[34:42] | I finally got you convicted. | 我不是把你送上法庭了吗 |
[34:45] | I don’t think either of us | 但刚才 |
[34:47] | will see that as our finest hour. | 咱们两个都不好受吧 |
[34:49] | Is there a particular point you’re trying to make? | 你是想说明什么吗 |
[34:51] | Your boss is going to indict me | 你的老板要揭发我 |
[34:55] | to save his own skin. | 来保住自己 |
[34:56] | – I’ll root for the home team, then. – Which team is that? | -那我就支持自己人 -谁是自己人 |
[34:59] | The one that set you up for a fall in Atlantic City | 把你送到大西洋城 眼看你栽跟头 |
[35:02] | and then blamed you for bungling it? | 最后又怪你搞砸了的人吗 |
[35:05] | Worked out pretty well for you. | 这不是把你起诉了吗 |
[35:06] | But you had me on the ropes, Esther. | 你的确有我的把柄 |
[35:08] | And if you don’t think I was sweating, | 你要是看不出我紧张了 |
[35:10] | – you’re selling yourself short. – I’m… flattered? | -那才怪了呢 -谢谢…你的夸奖 |
[35:14] | And here you are now with a 20 cent breakfast, | 但你还是坐在这吃着二十美分的早餐 |
[35:17] | intelligent, capable, and invisible. | 有智慧 有能力 却不被赏识 |
[35:20] | Is this where Eve gets offered the apple? | 你是要给我吃苹果诱惑我吗 |
[35:22] | It’s where I offer you George Remus. | 我是要给你乔治·雷穆斯 |
[35:27] | – He– – I know who George Remus is. | -他 -我知道是谁 |
[35:28] | – Don’t you think he belongs in jail? – Instead of you? | -不该把他关进来吗 -关进来顶你吗 |
[35:31] | He’s the biggest bootlegger in the country. | 他是国内最大的酒贩 |
[35:33] | And I can give you his entire operation. | 他的所有生意我都揭露给你 |
[35:35] | He’s directly connected to Jess Smith. | 他还直接和杰西·史密斯来往 |
[35:37] | And Smith connects to Daugherty. | 史密斯又能牵扯到达赫提 |
[35:39] | Who, for that reason, would never allow Remus to be prosecuted. | 而达赫提肯定不会允许起诉雷穆斯的 |
[35:41] | But if the whole ball of wax | 但是如果有更高层的人 |
[35:43] | was sanctioned by a higher authority, | 认可了这件事 |
[35:46] | someone winds up with a career-making case. | 这就是个大案子了 |
[35:51] | I’m $5 worth of trouble, Esther. | 我只值五美元 埃斯特 |
[35:55] | The real crooks are in an upstairs office | 大鱼就在楼上 |
[35:57] | in the Justice Department. | 坐在司法部里面 |
[35:58] | That’s quite an allegation. | 这起诉可不简单 |
[36:00] | I’m just telling you what you already know. | 反正我说的你都知道 |
[36:02] | President Harding would never force Mr. Daugherty’s hand. | 哈丁总统不会逼达赫提的 |
[36:06] | – Unless someone made him. – Such as? | -除非有人逼他 -比如说 |
[36:08] | I’m working on it. | 这个我来找 |
[36:10] | Can we at least say that I’ve piqued your interest? | 今天能算是勾起你的好奇心了吗 |
[36:13] | What makes you think that? | 为什么这么说 |
[36:15] | You’re still sitting here. | 你不是没走吗 |
[36:17] | Maybe I’m just hungry. | 可能我只是饿了 |
[36:21] | Here’s a chance to fill your plate. | 我不是给你上菜了吗 |
[36:37] | Say hello to Mrs. Thompson for me. | 替我向汤普森太太问好 |
[36:47] | That’s it. That’s it, baby. | 好样的 好样的 宝贝 |
[36:52] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[36:55] | Come on, baby. | 用力啊 |
[37:17] | My God, | 天啊 |
[37:19] | you’ve taken me back | 你让我 |
[37:21] | to the way I used to feel. | 恢复青春了 |
[37:41] | Are you really 29? | 你真的二十九岁了吗 |
[37:44] | – Does it matter? – Ain’t never made a girl older than me. | -这个重要吗 -我从来没上过比自己大的 |
[37:48] | But, hell, none of them make me dizzy like you make me dizzy. | 但她们都没有你让我神魂颠倒 |
[37:53] | You’re a gentlemen above all else. | 你毕竟是位绅士 |
[37:56] | Shoot. | 该死 |
[37:58] | How long have you been at this boardinghouse? | 你在这里待多久了 |
[38:03] | – A week on Friday. – Then what? | -从上周五开始 -然后呢 |
[38:06] | Just about bust. | 破产 |
[38:08] | I can’t afford another day. | 我连一天也租不起了 |
[38:10] | – Unless you get a job. – Yeah. | -除非你找到工作 -是的 |
[38:13] | You– you got a line on something? | 你有办法么 |
[38:16] | I can ask around. | 我可以问问 |
[38:20] | That’d be swell. | 那太好了 |
[38:23] | What do they call you back home? | 你家乡的人管你叫什么 |
[38:26] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:29] | You have a nickname? | 你有外号么 |
[38:31] | No, but– it’s just plain Roger. | 没有 就是罗杰 |
[38:37] | – Well, I’m going to call you James. – James. | -我打算管你叫詹姆斯 -詹姆斯 |
[38:42] | Why James? | 为什么叫詹姆斯 |
[38:47] | Because he was a king. | 这是国王的名字 |
[39:03] | Arkansas. | 阿肯色州 |
[39:04] | Little Rock. | 小石城 |
[39:05] | – Colorado. – You skipped one. | -科罗拉多州 -你跳过一个 |
[39:08] | California. | 加利福尼亚州 |
[39:11] | What is the capital of California? | 加州首府是哪里 |
[39:13] | Sacramento. | 萨克拉门托 |
[39:16] | You’re quite remarkable. | 你真棒 |
[39:25] | Finish your breakfast. | 把早餐吃掉 |
[39:34] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰 |
[39:36] | Is something wrong? | 有事么 |
[39:38] | No, not at all. | 没有 |
[39:40] | Just wanted you to know we caught the man. | 只是想告诉你我们抓住那个人了 |
[39:42] | – What man? – The vagrant. | -什么人 -那个流浪汉 |
[39:44] | He’d been sneaking about the neighborhood, | 他一直在附近转悠 |
[39:46] | breaking into yards, sleeping where he can. | 四处乱窜 找地方睡觉 |
[39:48] | He lit the fire to keep warm and it got out of hand. | 生火取暖 最后酿成大祸 |
[39:51] | Anyway, you won’t be seeing him again. | 不管怎么说 您不会再看到他了 |
[39:53] | He– | 他 |
[39:56] | what did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[40:00] | It’s all taken care of. | 都已经解决了 |
[40:31] | Mr. Harrow, good afternoon. | 哈罗先生 下午好 |
[40:35] | I don’t mean to intrude. | 抱歉打扰 |
[40:38] | Your father left his jacket. | 您父亲忘记拿外套了 |
[40:44] | This fell out the pocket. | 这个从口袋里掉出来了 |
[40:47] | It got scratched. | 有刮痕 |
[40:50] | – Thank you. – Is he feeling better? | -谢谢 -他感觉好些了么 |
[40:56] | He’s asleep. | 他睡着了 |
[41:01] | – I’d ask you in, but– – No, I understand. | -我想邀请您进来 但是 -不 我明白 |
[41:04] | No. | 不是 |
[41:06] | I mean, Dad’s going through one of his moods. | 我的意思是 父亲现在情绪不稳定 |
[41:09] | I don’t want to set him off again. | 我不想再惹到他 |
[41:14] | This was my brother’s– Fred. | 这是我哥哥的 弗雷德 |
[41:19] | He died in the Argonne | 他死在阿尔贡 |
[41:21] | right before the armistice. | 就在停战之前 |
[41:25] | My father can’t forgive that. | 我父亲一直不能释怀 |
[41:28] | Goes off to the Legion Hall | 总去军团大厅 |
[41:29] | like he’s going to find Freddie just sitting there. | 好像弗雷迪还坐在那一样 |
[41:33] | “Hi, Pop.” | “老爸 你好” |
[41:34] | He gets himself into these fights. | 他总是卷入这样的争斗 |
[41:41] | You have family? | 你有家人么 |
[41:44] | A sister. | 有个姐姐 |
[41:46] | Are you close? | 关系好么 |
[41:51] | We’re close. | 很好 |
[41:56] | Then she’s lucky to have you back. | 那她很幸运还有你 |
[42:03] | – Hello? – It’s me. | -喂 -是我 |
[42:05] | I, uh, was detained in Washington unexpectedly. | 我被困在华盛顿了 |
[42:09] | But I didn’t want you to think | 但我不想让你觉得我 |
[42:10] | I’m not concerned about what’s been going on. | 不关心发生的事 |
[42:13] | Nothing has been going on. | 没发生什么事 |
[42:15] | You don’t need to be stoic about it. | 你没必要对我隐瞒 |
[42:18] | A vagrant started a fire. | 一个流浪汉生了一堆火 |
[42:19] | He’s been caught and… | 他被抓住 |
[42:22] | taken care of, I’m told. | 被解决了 有人告诉我 |
[42:25] | The greenhouse can be repaired | 如果你愿意的话 |
[42:27] | if that’s what you’d like. | 花房还能修复 |
[42:28] | That isn’t important. But, yes, have it repaired. | 这不重要 但是 还是把它修好 |
[42:31] | Final boarding on track number seven… | 七号站台最后登车 |
[42:32] | What is important? | 那什么重要 |
[42:35] | I’m sorry, there’s a lot of noise. | 抱歉 这边有点乱 |
[42:36] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[42:39] | I asked you what you think is important. | 我问你什么才是重要的 |
[42:42] | Look, I didn’t call to– | 听着 我打电话不是为了 |
[42:46] | The kids. The kids are important. | 孩子们 孩子们才是重要的 |
[42:50] | Are they all right? | 他们没事吧 |
[42:53] | Margaret? | 玛格丽特 |
[42:54] | We’re all fine. | 我们没事 |
[42:56] | Teddy’s been protecting us. | 泰迪在保护我们 |
[42:59] | Really? | 真的么 |
[43:01] | Well, he’s a brave little scout. | 他真是个勇敢的小童子军 |
[43:04] | We should have a conversation | 等你回来我们 |
[43:06] | when you return. | 要谈谈 |
[43:08] | – We don’t have to. – I think we do. | -我觉得没必要 -我觉得有 |
[43:12] | Things just can’t go on being every which way, can they? | 事情不可能做到面面俱到不是么 |
[43:19] | They’re calling my train. | 我的车马上就要开了 |
[43:22] | Then you should rush. | 那你应该抓紧 |
[43:47] | – Mr. Murray? – Ma’am? | -莫里先生 -夫人 |
[43:50] | That was just Mr. Thompson on the phone. | 刚才是汤普森先生的电话 |
[43:53] | He says you needn’t concern yourself with us anymore | 他说你不用照顾我们了 |
[43:55] | now the danger’s past. | 危险已经过去了 |
[43:58] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[44:00] | You’ve been a great comfort. | 感谢你的保护 |
[44:09] | Are you sleeping? | 你睡着了么 |
[44:12] | – No. – Tell me again. | -没 -再告诉我一次 |
[44:16] | It’s just going to scare you. | 会吓到你的 |
[44:19] | It won’t, I promise. | 不会 我保证 |
[44:21] | It’s better when you say it. | 你说一下我感觉更好些 |
[44:35] | The gypsy man, he lives up the road. | 那个吉普赛人 露宿街头 |
[44:39] | He used to live some way– somewhere else. | 他以前住在别的地方 |
[44:43] | He lives there now. | 现在住在那了 |
[44:46] | Why is he so mean? | 他为什么这么刻薄 |
[44:48] | Because he used to be a rabbit, | 因为他以前是只兔子 |
[44:50] | but he got turned into a person. | 后来变成人了 |
[44:53] | And that made him angry. | 这让他很生气 |
[44:55] | And when he doesn’t like you, he burns you up. | 当他不喜欢你的时候 他会把你点着 |
[44:59] | Does he know about us? | 他知道我们么 |
[45:02] | He knows Daddy’s not here. | 他知道爸爸不在这 |
[45:05] | What if he comes back? | 他回来怎么办 |
[45:09] | Nothing’s going to happen to you. | 你会没事的 |
[45:12] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[45:23] | He tries anything, | 他可以试试 |
[45:25] | I’ll stick him in the face with this | 我会用这个直接捅他的脸 |
[45:27] | and I’ll kill him. | 杀了他 |
[45:50] | Pardon me. | 抱歉 |
[45:51] | Have we met? | 我们见过么 |
[45:53] | Right. | 对啊 |
[45:54] | You’re the one who went missing three days, | 你是那个失踪了三天的人 |
[45:57] | one of which was my opening night. | 其中一天还是我的开戏日 |
[46:01] | If I told you where I’ve been, you wouldn’t believe me. | 就算我告诉你我去哪了 你也不会信的 |
[46:04] | I’m sure you’re right. | 我肯定你是对的 |
[46:06] | How’d it go? | 反响如何 |
[46:08] | “As the object of Izzy’s comic affection, | “在依奇的这部喜剧中 |
[46:12] | Billie Kent is heaven-sent.” | 贝莉·肯特真是天赐之选” |
[46:16] | “New York Evening Journal.” | “纽约晚报” |
[46:20] | Not bad. | 不赖 |
[46:24] | I also got a business card. Some movie director. | 我还收到一张名片 什么电影导演给的 |
[46:28] | What’s his name? | 名字叫什么 |
[46:32] | My public simply can’t get enough. | 我的粉丝就是没完没了 |
[46:41] | She’s not here. | 她不在 |
[46:42] | Ah, but what great good fortune you are, Mr. Thompson. | 您真是幸运啊 汤普森先生 |
[46:46] | Gaston Bullock Means. | 加斯顿·布洛克·米恩斯 |
[46:48] | How’d you get this number? | 你怎么得到的这个号码 |
[46:49] | Oh, your naughty virgin’s listed. | 你的风流处女在名单中 |
[46:52] | I do hope her hospitality exceeds that of Miss Randolph. | 我希望她的殷勤程度能超过兰多夫小姐 |
[46:56] | Stale coffee in some greasy spoon. | 路边小店里的劣质咖啡 |
[46:59] | Actually, I invited her. | 事实是 我邀请了她 |
[47:02] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[47:03] | To merely offer my services. | 仅仅是为你提供我的服务 |
[47:06] | As a fount of information regarding a mutual– | 因为你我的共同之处而分享的信息 |
[47:10] | I’m afraid the term “Friend” Would be gilding the lily. | 恐怕”友谊”这个词有点画蛇添足 |
[47:14] | It would if you’re referring to Miss Randolph’s boss. | 如果你是指兰多夫小姐的老板那确实是 |
[47:16] | Indeed I am. | 我就是这个意思 |
[47:18] | Seems lately our Mr. Daugherty can’t retain any ally | 最近我们的达赫提先生除了那个 |
[47:21] | except that blubbering walrus Jess Smith. | 肥海象一样的杰西·史密斯以外再留不住一个同盟 |
[47:25] | And what would these services set me back? | 这些服务要花费我多少钱 |
[47:27] | Well, the same 40,000 that would now be gathering moss | 还是你我在纽约见面时 |
[47:31] | at the bottom of my fishbowl had I met you in New York. | 放在鱼缸里的四万美元 |
[47:35] | That’s a lot of money for mere information. | 这么少的信息不值这么多钱 |
[47:38] | What if, by fact, I could introduce you and Miss Randolph | 如果我能把你和兰多夫小姐介绍给 |
[47:41] | to an individual who could | 一个可以 |
[47:44] | cut the Gordian knot | 快刀斩乱麻 |
[47:45] | that is your mutual conundrum with the attorney general? | 解决你和总检察长之间问题的人呢 |
[47:49] | Tomorrow night, Atlantic City. | 明晚 大西洋城 |
[47:51] | A suite at the Ritz will be waiting. | 丽兹酒店的一间包房会开好等你 |
[47:53] | I shall pack my very best bathing costume. | 那我要带上我最好的浴衣了 |
[47:56] | Just bring whatever you’ve got on Daugherty. | 带上你从达赫提那里知道的一切 |
[48:03] | Big doings, Gus? | 有大事么 古斯 |
[48:08] | Nothing worth bringing up here. | 什么事都不值得带到这里来 |
[49:00] | – Hello? – Katy? | -喂 -凯蒂 |
[49:03] | – It’s Mrs. Thompson. – What time is it? | -我是汤普森太太 -现在几点了 |
[49:05] | Late. Early. | 很晚了 还早 |
[49:07] | I need Mr. Sleater. | 我找斯雷特先生 |
[49:09] | I thought he was with you. | 我以为他在陪你 |
[49:11] | He certainly is not. | 他怎么会陪我 |
[49:13] | Sorry. I don’t know where he– | 抱歉 我不知道他 |
[51:07] | Stay where you are! | 待在那别动 |
[51:15] | This is how accidents happen. | 意外就是这么发生的 |
[51:18] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[51:20] | Mr. Thompson called. | 汤普森先生的安排 |
[51:22] | Concerned about you and the children. | 关心你和孩子们 |
[51:25] | I know you sent Gareth away. | 我知道你把加斯里打发走了 |
[51:28] | You gave me a fright. | 你吓到我了 |
[51:30] | You gave it right back. | 你也吓的我不轻 |
[51:32] | I just rang you. | 我刚还打电话找你 |
[51:36] | Here I am. | 我就在这 |
[51:39] | You heard something? | 你听到什么了么 |
[51:41] | What? | 什么 |
[51:43] | To come out so. | 这样出来 |
[51:46] | I heard you. | 我听到你了 |
[51:48] | Right. | 没错 |
[51:51] | Well, at least the greenhouse is safe. | 至少温室是安全的 |
[51:55] | After you. | 您先请 |
[52:04] | Could do with a lock on this. | 应该上锁 |
[52:06] | To keep the vagrants out? | 不让流浪汉进来 |
[52:09] | I wouldn’t worry much about them. | 我不会太担心他们 |
[52:11] | Was there even one to begin with? | 真的有这个人么 |
[52:13] | You can tell me. | 你可以告诉我 |
[52:15] | He smelled real enough, I promise you that. | 我可以向你保证 他很难闻 |
[52:21] | I thought Teddy started the fire, | 我以为是泰迪点的火 |
[52:26] | and I punished him. | 我惩罚了他 |
[52:29] | Ah, you’re his mom. | 你是他母亲 |
[52:33] | He’ll forgive you. | 他会原谅你的 |
[52:38] | I’ve done what I thought was best and wound up here. | 我做了我认为正确的事 却落得这般 |
[52:42] | How did that happen? | 怎么发生的 |
[52:44] | There’s questions best left till morning. | 有些问题最好留到早上说 |
[52:48] | Then why do we ask ourselves them at night? | 那我们为什么会晚上问自己 |
[52:54] | Must be the pooka again. | 肯定是恶鬼作祟 |
[52:58] | Now you are trying to scare me. | 你现在想吓我 |
[53:02] | And Katy’s wondering where you’ve got to. | 凯蒂担心你去哪了 |
[53:04] | The Royal Constabulary never kept watch on me this closely. | 皇家警察都不会看的我这么严 |
[53:09] | – She doesn’t want to lose you. – Oh, aye. | -她不想失去你 -是的 |
[53:11] | Up there on the shelf | 还有那里 |
[53:13] | with the rest of the Kewpie dolls. | 一柜子的丘比洋娃娃 |
[53:17] | Does she really? | 真的么 |
[53:18] | And names for every one of them. | 还给它们每一个都起了名字 |
[53:28] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[53:31] | Wait. | 等等 |
[53:46] | I don’t think it’s wise. | 我觉得这样很不明智 |
[53:50] | Don’t we both know how to keep a secret? | 我们不是都很会保守秘密么 |