时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:42] | What a huge scandal this is. | 这可是个大丑闻 |
[01:44] | How long are we going to be here? | 我们还要在这里待多久啊 |
[01:46] | What about our jobs? | 我们的工作怎么办 |
[01:50] | We could possibly lose our jobs over this. | 我们可能因为这事儿丢掉工作 |
[01:53] | Morning, ma’am. | 早上好 夫人 |
[01:58] | Good morning, Katy, Pauline, Lilian. | 早上好 凯蒂 波琳 莉莲 |
[02:02] | – Ma’am. – Mrs. Schroeder. | -夫人好 – 施罗德夫人 |
[02:04] | – Are the children up? – Just breakfasting now. | -孩子们起床了吗 -正在吃早饭 |
[02:12] | That is today’s press? | 那是今天的报纸吗 |
[02:18] | Surely it either is or it isn’t. | 是就是 不是就不是 |
[02:22] | She’s going to find out anyway. | 反正她总会知道的 |
[02:25] | I’ve been crying for hours. | 我已经哭了好几个小时了 |
[02:46] | What is the prediction? | 预报是什么 |
[02:50] | Ma’am? | 夫人 |
[02:53] | For the weather. | 天气预报 |
[02:56] | It’s going to be nippy. | 会很冷 |
[03:00] | Emily must wear her union suit | 艾米莉得穿上她的连衫裤 |
[03:03] | and Teddy will put on his heaviest socks. | 给泰迪穿上他最暖和的袜子 |
[03:10] | They made it themselves. | 他们亲手制作的 |
[03:12] | I just checked the spelling. | 我只是检查了拼写 |
[03:21] | Will there be dinner, ma’am? | 夫人 要做晚饭吗 |
[03:22] | 挚爱的母亲 我们永远爱您 艾米莉和泰迪敬上 | |
[03:24] | Why wouldn’t there be? | 为什么不做 |
[03:25] | But tonight, ma’am, for the visiting gentleman. | 但是夫人 今晚有客 |
[03:29] | On account of the events. | 只是发生了这事 |
[03:36] | Katy, this rug must be taken out and beaten | 凯蒂 这条毯子得在麦克加里格先生 |
[03:38] | before Mr. Mcgarrigle and the other guests arrive. | 和其他客人来之前拿出去掸干净 |
[03:57] | – Mr. Thompson’s suite. – Mr. Kessler. | -汤普森先生的办公室 -凯斯勒先生 |
[04:00] | Oh, Mrs. Schroeder, it’s not– | 施罗德太太 现在不是… |
[04:02] | I’ve already seen the paper. | 我已经看过报纸了 |
[04:04] | – The report is not accurate. – Was he not arrested? | -报道不太详细 -他不是被捕了吗 |
[04:07] | He is innocent. This was not mentioned. | 他是无辜的 报纸上没有提到 |
[04:09] | – I’m going to the jail. – No, | -我要去监狱 -不要 |
[04:11] | he’s being bailed as we speak. | 这会儿他已经被保释了 |
[04:13] | Missus, I must go. it is mayhem. | 太太 我得挂了 这里一片混乱 |
[04:16] | Was Mr. Thompson able to– | 汤普森先生能不能 |
[04:28] | Did you want me to do it now? | 你要我现在就去做吗 |
[04:31] | What sort of coat do you have? | 你的外套是什么样子的 |
[04:42] | You understand you’re in a precarious situation. | 你要清楚 你的处境危险 |
[04:47] | – Uncertain, not secure. – I know what it mean. | -不确定 不安全 -我懂 |
[04:51] | It was for your own protection. | 这是为了保护你 |
[04:54] | On the steps of my own house? | 在我自己家里抓我 |
[04:56] | Where do you think they came for me? | 你以为我是在哪被抓的 |
[04:59] | Not a coincidence, was it? | 这不是巧合 对吧 |
[05:00] | Klan come at me anytime. | 三K党的人随时都可能对我下手 |
[05:03] | Not as long as they thought I could help you. | 除非他们觉得我会帮你 |
[05:06] | So why they think you couldn’t all of a sudden? | 为什么他们知道你突然不帮我了 |
[05:10] | What were you doing election night? | 选举之夜你在干什么 |
[05:13] | Basement of the A.M.E. church | 在黑人教堂的地下室 |
[05:15] | handing out dollar bills to every | 给每一个走进来的 |
[05:17] | able-bodied negro who come in. | 还健全的黑人发钱 |
[05:19] | And the other wards? | 在其他的房间呢 |
[05:22] | I wasn’t in the other wards, was I? | 我应该没去其他的房间 是吧 |
[05:26] | Neary, Boyd, | 内尔利 博伊德 |
[05:27] | Fleming, O’neill. | 弗莱明 奥尼尔 |
[05:31] | Neary. | 内尔利 |
[05:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:35] | O’neill just go-along-get-along. | 奥尼尔的生活刚刚有起色 |
[05:38] | And Fleming, he couldn’t lead a pig | 弗莱明 他就是那么块料 |
[05:40] | to mud with a bucket of apples. | 做不出这样的事 |
[05:41] | But Neary, | 但是内尔利 |
[05:44] | he a son of a bitch ever since I run numbers | 当我在佐治亚州替奥斯卡·波努 |
[05:47] | for old Oscar Boneau over in Georgia. | 办数字游戏的时候起就是个混蛋 |
[05:49] | Used to come around for collection | 他以前到处收保护费 |
[05:52] | and he did like to give a taste of that nightstick. | 还喜欢动手打人 |
[05:54] | – and Boyd? – you asking the wrong question and you know it. | -博伊德呢 -你知道你不该问他 |
[05:58] | Ain’t a one of them pikers got it in him to make a squeal | 肯定有个胆小鬼借他的名声来壮门面 |
[06:01] | lessen he be put up to it. | 他自己肯定没参与很多 |
[06:04] | Yes, and who could have done that? | 好吧 谁会干那种事呢 |
[06:07] | – Isaac Ginsburg? – he’s my attorney. | -伊萨克·金斯伯格 -他是我的律师 |
[06:10] | He posted your bail. | 他保释你了 |
[06:15] | What about me? | 我呢 |
[06:17] | Chalky, be patient. that’s all I ask. | 朝琪 耐心点 我就这么点要求 |
[06:21] | Please. | 拜托 |
[06:23] | I’ll get my own jew lawyer down from Camden. | 我自己会从卡姆登请犹太律师 |
[06:40] | Precarious motherfucker. | 危险的混账 |
[06:48] | I won’t pretend you’re inclined to be warm to me. | 我不会假装觉得你欢迎我 |
[06:52] | I wouldn’t insult you like that. | 我不会那样侮辱你 |
[06:55] | Because before anything else, | 因为 首先 |
[06:59] | I have great respect for you– | 我很尊重您 |
[07:02] | Your wisdom, your achievements. | 你的智慧 你的成就 |
[07:07] | You’re better spoken than I expected. | 你比我想象中能说会道 |
[07:11] | We never really talked before. | 你我之前从没有过交谈 |
[07:13] | You and Charlie are acquainted? | 你认识查理吗 |
[07:16] | We have someone in common. | 我们有共同的朋友 |
[07:18] | You hear, Charlie? Discretion. | 你听到没 查理 谨慎 |
[07:22] | Charlie volunteered to absent himself from this meeting. | 查理本不想来参加这次会面 |
[07:25] | He felt his presence might be disruptive. | 他觉得他在这里 会引起不快 |
[07:27] | But I counseled what? | 但是我给你的建议是什么 |
[07:30] | To not let the past get in the way of the future. | 别让过去阻碍你的将来 |
[07:33] | We are all learning, Mr. Rothstein. | 我们都在学习 罗斯坦先生 |
[07:37] | And what can I learn from you, Mr. Darmody? | 我能从你这学到什么呢 达莫迪先生 |
[07:40] | That things are changing in Atlantic City. | 大西洋城正在改变 |
[07:43] | If you’re in the market for quality liquor | 如果你正在寻求海运而来 |
[07:45] | coming in off the beaches at a reasonable price | 价格公道 货源充足的佳酿 |
[07:48] | and in good supply, I can get it for you. | 我可以满足你 |
[07:51] | You personally? | 靠你自己 |
[07:53] | Me, my associates. i’m expanding my business | 靠我和我的同伴 我在扩展我的事业 |
[07:56] | and you are precisely the type | 而你正是我在寻找的 |
[07:58] | of discerning customer I am looking for. | 有眼光的顾客 |
[08:02] | And Nucky Thompson? | 努基·汤普森呢 |
[08:04] | Nucky’s like a father to me. | 努基就像我的爸爸 |
[08:05] | I got a father. barely said hello in five years. | 我有一个父亲 但是五年都没怎么联系 |
[08:08] | Sorry to hear it. | 我很遗憾 |
[08:16] | Who are you,Mmr. Darmody? | 你到底是谁 达莫迪先生 |
[08:20] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[08:21] | You show up well-dressed | 你西装革领 戴着丝绸领带 |
[08:24] | with a silk cravat and a bold proposal. | 怀揣大胆的建议出现 |
[08:27] | A year ago you were a brigand in the woods. | 而一年前你只是树林里出现的一个强盗 |
[08:31] | Who are you? | 你到底是何方神圣 |
[08:33] | I’m a businessman. | 我是个商人 |
[08:36] | A veteran. I just got married. | 退役军人 刚刚结婚 |
[08:38] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[08:40] | I have a son, he’s almost four. | 我有一个儿子 快四岁了 |
[08:42] | Cart before the horse. | 奉子成婚啊 |
[08:47] | Do you have kids, Mr. Rothstein? | 你有孩子吗 罗斯坦先生 |
[08:51] | No. | 没有 |
[08:53] | But i’m told they often say unexpected and amusing things. | 但是我听说孩子经常会说一些意想不到的有趣之事 |
[09:00] | I appreciate you coming to me. | 感谢你的拜访 |
[09:01] | I applaud your audacity. | 我敬佩你的胆识 |
[09:04] | And I give you my word that your offer remains in this room. | 我答应你 你的建议我会考虑的 |
[09:12] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:15] | I’ll show you out. | 我带你出去 |
[09:28] | Mr. Darmody. | 达莫迪先生 |
[09:33] | Don’t you find it curious | 你不觉得很奇怪吗 |
[09:35] | neither of us has mentioned th Nucky Thompson | 我们都没有提到努基·汤普森 |
[09:37] | spent last night in jail? | 昨晚是在监狱里度过的 |
[09:41] | He did? | 是吗 |
[09:42] | Election fraud apparently. | 显然是因为选举舞弊 |
[09:45] | Well, | 看来 |
[09:47] | things seem to be changing faster than I realized. | 事情比我想象中变化得更快 |
[09:58] | Darmody. | 达莫迪 |
[10:00] | Look, A.R. don’t like saying no. | 听着 罗斯坦不喜欢否定 |
[10:03] | He doesn’t like saying yes either. | 他也不喜欢赞同 |
[10:06] | Not unless he has to. you play poker? | 除非他是被逼的 你玩扑克吗 |
[10:10] | It’s happened. | 玩过 |
[10:16] | Meyer’s game. | 梅耶的赌场 |
[10:18] | Come downtown later. Sit in. | 等下去城里 玩几把 |
[10:20] | I’ll be there. | 不见不散 |
[10:21] | This is your idea of a setup? jesus. | 你就想这么算计我 上帝啊 |
[10:23] | Thought you was a businessman. | 你说你是个商人 |
[10:25] | That doesn’t make me a simp. | 这并不代表我是个笨蛋 |
[10:27] | You know what? go fry a fucking egg, farmer John. | 我告诉你个乡巴佬 回家种田吧 |
[10:30] | Hey, Charlie. | 查理 |
[10:38] | Just give me the straight dope, all right? | 明人不说暗话 对吧 |
[10:42] | Meyer thinks we should talk. | 梅耶觉得我们应该谈谈 |
[10:49] | This is all coming straight from | 这些都来自于 |
[10:50] | your old friend governor Edwards. | 你的旧友 爱德华兹州长 |
[10:52] | – How do you know? – These state troopers, | -你怎么知道 -这些州警察 |
[10:54] | they’re all Edwards’ men. | 他们都是爱德华兹的人 |
[10:56] | What does he want with his shiny new police force? | 他想用他这些警员干什么 |
[10:58] | A big splash. | 搞点大动静 |
[11:00] | – And Solomon Bishop. – the state’s attorney. | -所罗门·毕夏普 -州检察官 |
[11:03] | The man who’s going to try very hard to put you in prison. | 他用尽一切办法想送你入狱 |
[11:07] | – Here. – I’m fine. | -给您 -我没事 |
[11:09] | Tell me he’s poor but honest. | 告诉我 他人很穷但诚实 |
[11:11] | He’s married to a Lesser Whitney | 他娶了一个叫莱塞·惠特尼的人 |
[11:12] | and he set his salary at $1 per annum. | 他的薪水是每年一美元 |
[11:15] | So not poor. as for honest… | 所以真不穷 老实说 |
[11:19] | You want to ask about the indictment, | 如果你想问起诉书 |
[11:21] | I do not have a copy of the indictment yet. | 我这里还没有起诉书的复件 |
[11:24] | However, I gleaned from the courthouse clerk | 但是 我从法院文书那里得知 |
[11:27] | that your ship is leaking. | 你的内部有人叛变 |
[11:30] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[11:31] | Confidential witness number one | 机密证人一号 |
[11:33] | and his boon companion | 和他的同伙 |
[11:34] | confidential witness number two. | 机密证人二号 |
[11:37] | They will testify to direct knowledge | 他们会证明十一月最后两天 |
[11:39] | of widespread election abuses | 出现在县周边大量选举舞弊的 |
[11:42] | in county precincts on november 2nd last, | 最直接证据 |
[11:44] | including, but not limited to, | 包含选举舞弊 但不仅限于于此 |
[11:46] | voter intimidation, fraud, | 恐吓选举人 选举舞弊 |
[11:49] | theft of ballot boxes and bribery. | 贿赂和偷盗票箱 |
[11:55] | There’s reporters out there. | 外面有很多记者 |
[11:57] | You want a lawyer at your side? | 你想让我陪在你身边么 |
[11:59] | That’s what guilty men do. | 那是罪人所为 |
[12:02] | I’ll get to work. | 那我去上班了 |
[12:09] | Mrs. Schroeder has read the paper. | 施罗德太太已经看到报纸了 |
[12:14] | What about the children? | 孩子们呢 |
[12:14] | She did not say. | 她没说 |
[12:18] | The state police have banished me from the suite. | 州警察把我从套房里赶出来了 |
[12:22] | There were men touching your possessions | 还有一些人很粗鲁地 |
[12:24] | in ways I consider offensive. | 动你的私人财物 |
[12:27] | I could not stop them. | 我没法阻止他们 |
[12:33] | Don’t I have a treasurer’s office somewhere? | 我是不是还有个司库办公室 |
[12:41] | Sir. | 长官 |
[12:43] | There’s a lady here. | 外面有位女士找您 |
[12:52] | Mr. Thompson? | 您是汤普森先生吗 |
[12:54] | No, Ma’am. Solomon Bishop, | 不是 我是所罗门·毕肖普 |
[12:57] | Deputy Attorney with the state of New Jersey. | 新泽西州副检察官 |
[13:00] | When will Mr. Thompson return? | 请问汤普森先生什么时候回来 |
[13:03] | You read the papers, ma’am? | 您看报纸了吗 女士 |
[13:05] | On Sundays | 在周日会看 |
[13:07] | after the neighbors are done with it. | 一般是捡些邻居们看完扔掉的 |
[13:09] | Well, perhaps you can borrow it from them today. | 那你今天应该去跟他们借一份来看看 |
[13:13] | Mr. Thompson’s been arrested. | 汤普森先生被拘捕了 |
[13:17] | Good lord. | 天呐 |
[13:19] | For what? | 因为什么 |
[13:20] | The neighbors will tell you. | 邻居们会告诉你的 |
[13:21] | Yes, of course. it’s just… | 是的 可是… |
[13:24] | I was told, you see, that I could come here | 别人告诉我 我可以来这 |
[13:28] | And Mr. Thompson would aid me. | 然后汤普森先生就会帮我 |
[13:31] | I have the two wee ones and– | 我带着两个小孩 |
[13:34] | I’m very sorry, ma’am. | 真不好意思 女士 |
[13:41] | I walked here from Bungalow park. | 我从邦加罗公园一路走来的 |
[13:46] | – Get her a glass of water. – Thank you. | -赶紧给她倒杯水 -谢谢 |
[13:48] | But actually, may I use the facilities? | 那个 我能用下洗手间吗 |
[13:53] | I think she may be with child, sir. | 长官 我想她应该是孕妇 |
[13:56] | – Okay. – It’s this way, ma’am. | -那好吧 -这边走 女士 |
[14:12] | Oh wait, there he is. | 他来了 |
[14:13] | Nucky! Nucky! | 努基 努基 |
[14:20] | So it’s Christmas. | 话说在一个圣诞节 |
[14:21] | A man is standing before the judge. | 一个年轻人站在法官面前 |
[14:23] | “Your honor,” the man says, | “法官大人” 他说 |
[14:24] | “all I did was take care of my christmas shopping. | “我只不过是做了圣诞采购” |
[14:26] | Judge says, “that’s not against the law.” | 法官回答说 “这不违法啊” |
[14:28] | Man says, | 他接着说 |
[14:29] | “it is if you do it before the store opens.” | “可惜我是在店铺开门之前去采购的” |
[14:34] | That one goes back to cantor, pronto. | 你就快成独唱家了 |
[14:36] | So a young woman– | 话说有这么个年轻的女子 |
[14:37] | We didn’t come down to hear you tell jokes, Nuck. | 我们不是来听你讲笑话的 努克 |
[14:40] | No? well, I haven’t told you the biggest one yet. | 不是吗 我最拿手的那个还没讲到呢 |
[14:43] | Which is that some people in Trenton think it’s funny | 那就是一些从特伦顿来的人觉得 |
[14:45] | to waste your tax dollars | 浪费纳税人的钱 |
[14:46] | on a frivolous political vendetta. | 来发起一场无端的政治报复很有意思 |
[14:49] | Some people in Trenton can’t bear the idea | 这些从特伦顿来的人无法接受这个现实 |
[14:51] | That there’s a place where the working man, the family man, | 竟然有这么个地方 这里的工人 丈夫 |
[14:54] | by god even a colored man can take his wife and children– | 甚至是黑人都能带着老婆孩子… |
[14:56] | Sure, but what’s all that got to do with election rigging? | 没错 但是这些跟操纵选举有什么关系 |
[14:58] | This isn’t about rigging anything, Harold. | 这事跟操纵一点关系都没有 哈罗德 |
[15:01] | It’s about sore losers– | 这就是某个输不起的人 |
[15:02] | How dirty is this town, Nuck? | 这城市已经败落到什么地步了 努克 |
[15:04] | Is there an honest man in Atlantic City? | 整个大西洋城里还能找出一个诚实的人吗 |
[15:06] | Is there a sober reporter at “The Philadelphia Inquirer”? | 整个《费城调查》找得出一个清醒的记者吗 |
[15:09] | Be news to me. | 你说呢 |
[15:10] | Come on, Nucky. how’d you fix the election? | 说说吧 努基 你是怎么操纵选举的 |
[15:12] | – Thank you. – You didn’t give us anything. | -谢谢各位 -你一点消息都还没说呢 |
[15:15] | How high does this go? How involved are you in this? | 这事涉及到高层吗 你到底参与了多少 |
[15:19] | I will not be tried by the press. | 我不会发表言论的 |
[15:21] | I’m going to use the same legal system that’s being turn against me– | 我会用这套针对我的法律体系 |
[15:24] | and i’m gonna put this business where it belongs– | 来了结这桩事情 |
[15:26] | In the trash. there you go, boys, write it up. | 记下来吧 孩子们 |
[15:35] | Yeah, but it’s Nucky’s town, Eli. | 但这里是努基的地盘 伊莱 |
[15:37] | And who ran it before him? | 但他之前谁是老大 |
[15:40] | Nucky was weaned on the commodore’s teat. | 努基成势全是靠着准将的提携 |
[15:42] | There’s a picture to keep at your bedside. | 千万别忘了这一点 |
[15:44] | But that’s the point. it’s a young man’s game. | 但也别忘了 这是年轻人的游戏 |
[15:47] | I’m not saying that the commodore– | 我不是说准将已经老了 |
[15:48] | – How old are you, Damien? – Commodore, i– | -达米安 你多大了 -准将 我… |
[15:51] | How old are you? | 你多大年纪 |
[15:54] | 38, sir. | 三十八岁 先生 |
[15:56] | He fall into the shoe polish? | 他掉进鞋油里了吗 |
[16:00] | Pick up that tusk. | 举起这个象牙 |
[16:03] | – Commodore, i– – pick it up. | -准将 -举起来 |
[16:22] | Over your head. | 举过头顶 |
[16:32] | Give me that. | 拿过来吧 |
[16:38] | And you’re half my age, son. | 你才是我一半的年纪 孩子 |
[16:43] | Well, I trust I made my point. | 我觉得这样应该打消各位的疑虑了吧 |
[16:48] | So you all showed up. | 大家都到了这里 |
[16:50] | That tells me that we all feel the same | 所以我姑且认为 我们大家 |
[16:52] | about a certain individual– | 对某一个特定的 |
[16:54] | the arrogance, selfishness, neglect. | 骄傲自私的人都抱着相同的看法 |
[16:57] | Let me take the fall on St. Paddy’s. | 搞砸圣帕特里克节的黑锅让我背 |
[16:59] | Such is his method, Jim. And then a wave of the hand | 很有他的风格 吉姆 然后再挥挥手 |
[17:02] | and all is forgiven. makes me sick. | 一切就都被原谅了 真让我恶心 |
[17:05] | And I say this as a blood relation. | 我是作为他亲弟弟来说这话的 |
[17:07] | A whelp of 14 when you first sat on my knee, right, George? | 乔治 你第一次坐在我膝盖上时才十四岁 |
[17:12] | Never forget it, Commodore. | 我还记着呢 准将 |
[17:13] | Driving that buckboard from a train station to my hotel. | 驾着马车从火车站到我的酒店 |
[17:16] | All came up together, didn’t we? | 我们最初就是一伙对不对 |
[17:18] | And back together we’ll be. | 现在我们也将是 |
[17:20] | Nucky Thompson’s about to hit seven years of lean. | 努基·汤普森的七年之痒到了 |
[17:23] | And woe unto them that follow him. | 追随他的人也会遭殃 |
[17:25] | But he’s just indicted. | 但是他现在不过是被指控而已 |
[17:27] | And Nucky, he’s pretty smart. | 努基那家伙精明得很 |
[17:28] | I mean, if what we’re talking about here is– | 我是说 如果我们在这里讨论的是… |
[17:30] | – Plugging him in the ass? – I like this little shitter. | -背后插他一刀 -我喜欢这家伙 |
[17:33] | Well, how can we be sure? I mean | 我们怎样才能确认 |
[17:35] | We, all of us, we got families . | 要知道我们所有人都是拖家带口的 |
[17:36] | How’s yours, Damien? | 你家人怎么样 达米安 |
[17:39] | They like that new house? | 新房子还住得惯吗 |
[17:40] | That was an accident. | 那只是个意外 |
[17:43] | Wasn’t it? | 是吗 |
[17:44] | Nucky Thompson’s going to jail thanks to Jim Neary and– | 努基·汤普森进监狱多亏了吉姆·内尔利和这位 |
[17:48] | – Patrick Ryan, sir. – –Eyewitness testimony | -帕特里克·瑞恩 -这两位的目击证人的证词 |
[17:51] | that nails him dead to rights on the election. | 将会在选举前彻底把他打败 |
[17:53] | Which also leaves us the booze. | 同时也把贩酒的买卖留给了我们 |
[17:55] | How are you gonna handle that, sir? | 对此您打算怎么办呢 |
[17:57] | Who’s the chairman of the yacht club? | 谁是狩猎俱乐部的主席 |
[17:58] | You are, commodore. | 是准将您 |
[17:59] | With a solid tie to the coast guard. | 因此我和海岸警卫队有着密切的关系 |
[18:02] | What we ship comes in, what Nucky ships doesn’t. | 我们能弄到努基都弄不到的货 |
[18:05] | You all know my son. | 你们都认识我的儿子 |
[18:06] | Jimmy’s gonna run it? | 吉米会出来主持这事吗 |
[18:07] | – You’re damn right. – Kid’s a war hero. | -没错 -那孩子可是个战争英雄 |
[18:09] | – What about Chalky? – That pickaninny’s neutered. | -朝琪怎么办 -那个黑人造不成威胁 |
[18:12] | It’s ours for the taking, boys. | 这些都是手到擒来的事 兄弟们 |
[18:14] | Hell, it’s not gonna be easy. | 这事不会简单的 |
[18:15] | Nothing worthwhile ever is. | 好事多磨 |
[18:17] | But ask the man inside you this: | 但你们扪心自问 |
[18:20] | When you come face to face with destiny, | 当你们面对命运的时候 |
[18:24] | Do you want to be the bear | 你们是愿意做这只熊 |
[18:27] | or do you want to be holding the shotgun? | 还是愿意做握着枪的猎人 |
[18:52] | Maybelle has a request. | 梅贝尔有个请求 |
[18:54] | -Her beau. -Samuel? | -关于她男朋友的 -萨穆埃尔吗 |
[18:57] | He wishes to call at the house. | 他想要来拜访 |
[18:59] | When he want to do that? | 什么时候 |
[19:02] | When would it suit you? | 你方便的时候 |
[19:05] | Maybe a few days. | 过些日子吧 |
[19:07] | I’m, uh, awaiting advice of counsel. | 我还在等律师的意见 |
[19:13] | Is he competent? | 他的能力怎样 |
[19:14] | He a hebrew gentleman. | 是个犹太人 |
[19:20] | Lester was quite insistent about visiting you. | 莱斯特坚持要来探望你 |
[19:25] | This ain’t a proper place for him at all. | 这地方不适合他 |
[19:27] | So I said. | 我也是这么说的 |
[19:29] | He thought you might enjoy something to read. | 他想你也许会想看书 |
[19:34] | Oh yes. | 太好了 |
[19:37] | It’s a good one. | 这书很不错 |
[19:38] | Tell him thank you from his daddy. | 告诉他 他爸爸说谢谢 |
[19:42] | And I’ll see him soon. | 我会很快回去见他 |
[19:47] | Mrs. White, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to– | 怀特夫人 我恐怕要 |
[19:50] | Yes, of course. | 好的 没问题 |
[19:53] | Albert. | 阿尔伯特 |
[19:54] | You have a family waiting that loves you. | 记住你有爱你的家人在等你 |
[20:01] | My Valentine. | 我的情人节礼物 |
[20:19] | My my. | 我的天 |
[20:22] | Who that little lamb tail? | 这小美人是谁啊 |
[20:29] | Like the look of her? | 你喜欢她吗 |
[20:31] | Surely do. | 必须的 |
[20:37] | Well, buck, I’ll tell my wife next time I see her. | 伙计 下次我见到我妻子时会转告她的 |
[20:42] | Now I meant no offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[20:45] | Got the pair of eyeballs, can’t help but use ’em. | 实在是管不住自己的眼睛 |
[20:49] | Suppose not. | 我看也是 |
[20:50] | Name’s Dunn Purnsley, | 我叫邓恩·珀斯利 |
[20:52] | Up from Bawlmer on Friday. | 星期五从巴尔的摩过来的 |
[20:55] | Don’t say. | 怪不得 |
[20:57] | $40 one pocket, | 一个口袋里有四十块钱 |
[20:59] | Corn knife the other. | 另一边口袋里是鸡眼刀 |
[21:00] | And friend, come Saturday night | 星期六晚上有朋友来 |
[21:03] | I use ’em both. | 我两件都用上了 |
[21:04] | Hope it was worth the ruckus. | 希望弄出了点动静 |
[21:06] | Was to me. | 我很满意 |
[21:10] | So be it. | 那就行 |
[21:15] | What you got there? | 你拿的是什么 |
[21:23] | “Tom Sawyer.” | 《汤姆·索亚历险记》 |
[21:25] | Huh. well, | 正好 |
[21:27] | We ain’t going noplace. why don’t you read some aloud? | 反正我们哪儿都去不了 你给念念吧 |
[21:29] | Y’all up for the tale, right? | 大家都想听 是吧 |
[21:31] | Read the first part. what you say? | 念念第一部分 怎么样 |
[21:33] | – Let the man be. – You hoe darky, | -别烦他了 -黑鬼 |
[21:35] | Ain’t talking to you. | 没和你说话 |
[21:38] | This palaver between friends. | 这是朋友之间的对话 |
[21:41] | – What’s your name?-He Chalky White. | -你叫什么 -他是朝琪·怀特 |
[21:45] | He is? He is? | 他是吗 竟然是他 |
[21:49] | I had no idea. | 有眼不识泰山啊 |
[21:52] | You telling me | 快给我说说 |
[21:54] | Walking around this earth be a moke | 一个黑人穿得像个英国绅士 |
[21:56] | dressed up like ol’ zip coon, | 大模大样的在街上走 |
[21:59] | fine high yaller bitch by his side | 身边还跟着漂亮妞 |
[22:02] | and he called Chalky White? | 这人竟然是朝琪·怀特 |
[22:04] | ’cause that be the most buckrnigger horseshit I ever hear. | 这可真是我听过最离奇的事了 |
[22:08] | What you say to that, brudder tambo? | 你觉得呢 这位兄弟 |
[22:13] | I say you heard my name. | 看来你听说过我的名字 |
[22:19] | I know you heard mine. | 你也知道我的名字了 |
[22:25] | Mr. White. | 怀特先生 |
[22:27] | Gonna have to move you across. | 要把你关在对面了 |
[22:28] | Can’t be mixing the races. | 黑人不能和白人关在一起 |
[22:44] | Guard. | 关门 |
[23:01] | Mr. Thompson. | 汤普森先生 |
[23:03] | This is unexpected. | 太意外了 |
[23:05] | – Enoch. – Eunice. | -叫我伊诺克 -我叫尤尼斯 |
[23:07] | – My office is? – Right over there. | -我的办公室在哪 -这里就是 |
[23:11] | I need you to call the sheriff | 联系一下各区的治安官 |
[23:13] | and the alderman of each ward. | 和参议员 |
[23:14] | And the Mayor. Tell them I want them over here | 还有市长 告诉他们尽快过来 |
[23:16] | As quickly as possible. Eddie will give you their numbers. | 艾迪会告诉你号码 |
[23:21] | Keep up the good work. | 干得很好 请再接再厉 |
[23:28] | I also need a florist. | 我还需要订花 |
[23:35] | A cocktail fork. On the left. | 海鲜叉放在左边 |
[23:39] | Further left. | 再远一点 |
[23:41] | A setting for Mr. Thompson, ma’am? | 需要准备餐具给汤普森先生吗 |
[23:42] | Curiosity is not necessarily a virtue. | 好奇未必是美德 |
[23:45] | No, ma’am. | 知道了 夫人 |
[23:46] | He will sit at the head as usual. | 他和往常一样坐在主位 |
[23:53] | Ah! Mom! Mom! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[23:56] | What do you think you’re doing? | 知不知道你这是在干什么 |
[23:58] | I’m sorry. we were putting together a birdhouse. | 对不起 我们正在装鸟窝 |
[24:00] | This is not a plaything. | 这不是玩具 |
[24:03] | You will go to your room. | 现在回你房间去 |
[24:05] | You will sit in your chair and reflect on your conduct. | 坐着去好好反省 |
[24:07] | Is that clear? | 明白了吗 |
[24:10] | Go to the kitchen, dear. | 到厨房去 宝贝 |
[24:11] | Pauline will get you a something sweet. | 波琳会给你糖吃 |
[24:17] | – Yes? – I’m not a burglar. | -你找谁 -我可不是小偷 |
[24:20] | Though I do confess to crawling out a window or two. | 虽然偶尔爬过几次窗户 |
[24:24] | What can I do for you? | 您有什么事吗 |
[24:26] | You can tell Mrs. Thompson that | 麻烦您通告一下汤普森夫人 |
[24:27] | John Mcgarrigleg’s man is here. | 约翰·麦克加里格的人到了 |
[24:34] | Off you go. There’s a good colleen. | 赶紧去吧 乖乖的 |
[24:37] | There is no Mrs. Thompson. | 没有汤普森夫人这个人 |
[24:38] | Then i’ll speak with the lady of the household. | 那我能和这里的女主人说话吗 |
[24:42] | You are speaking with her. | 你面前的就是 |
[24:47] | Mea maxima culpa, missus. | 实在抱歉 夫人 |
[24:50] | I’m Owen Sleater. I assist Mr. John Mcgarrigle. | 我叫欧文·斯雷特 是约翰·麦克加里格的助手 |
[24:55] | Then you’re quite early. | 那你来得可真早 |
[24:57] | Your daughters? | 您的女儿们 |
[25:04] | Only the little one. | 只有小的那个才是 |
[25:08] | Well, rather dark | 一下子 |
[25:11] | all of a sudden | 我的钝口拙腮 |
[25:13] | in this hole I’ve dug for myself. | 让自己越陷越深 |
[25:14] | What do you want, Mr. Sleater? | 你想要做什么 斯雷特先生 |
[25:16] | With your kind permission, ma’am, | 如果您允许的话 太太 |
[25:18] | I’m to ensure your home is safe for | 我是为了麦克加里格先生晚上的来访 |
[25:20] | Mr. Mcgarrigle’s vist this evening. | 确认贵宅安全的 |
[25:22] | We’re not much given to threatening our guests. | 我们一般不会威胁客人 |
[25:27] | You do have the hammer. | 但你手上确实拿着锤子 |
[25:31] | My son seems to think it’s a toy. | 因为我的儿子把它当玩具 |
[25:33] | And where is he? | 那请问他在哪儿 |
[25:35] | In his room. | 在他房间 |
[25:37] | He’s seven. | 他只有七岁 |
[25:40] | Well, we won’t be too vexed about him then. | 那我们就无需对他太生气了 |
[25:43] | May I? | 我能进来吗 |
[25:45] | Sorry for the bother. | 打扰了 |
[25:57] | Why don’t you leave off that? | 你不能消停一会儿吗 |
[26:00] | Huh? | 什么 |
[26:01] | He wants you to shut that flytrap you got hanging down. | 他是说让长在你身上的捕蝇器收声 |
[26:05] | Got a cold or something. | 我可能是感冒了 |
[26:06] | So don’t be passing it to me. | 那就别传给我 |
[26:08] | – Where I supposed to go? – He got you there, friend. | -那我还能去哪儿 -他说的没错 朋友 |
[26:11] | We’s in it together. | 我们是一条船上的 |
[26:13] | Now what Dunn Purnsley do? | 现在邓恩·珀斯利该怎么办 |
[26:16] | Find that little place up here, | 想象自己置身世外 |
[26:19] | can’t nobody get to. | 打造一片净土 |
[26:20] | Hell, I done three years in ankle chains | 我带着足链蹲了三年时间 |
[26:23] | like it was taking a nap. | 就像打个盹一样 |
[26:26] | Chalky White know what I’m talking about, don’t he? | 朝琪·怀特明白我在说什么 不是吗 |
[26:31] | I bet he up there right now. | 我敢打赌他正在自己的净土上 |
[26:33] | All soft and pillowy, | 身处一片温暖柔和 |
[26:36] | honey bee wife fetching plates of greens, | 娇美的妻子和诱人的满盘蔬菜 |
[26:39] | roast beef, | 还有烤牛肉 |
[26:41] | reading “Tom Sawyer.” | 读着《汤姆·索亚历险记》 |
[26:43] | Ain’t that so, Chalky White? | 不是吗 朝琪·怀特 |
[26:47] | – Might could be. – Oh yeah. | -可能是吧 -太好了 |
[26:51] | Maybe I climb up there with you, | 我可不可以和你一起进入你的净土 |
[26:55] | jazz that woman up while you be licking the plate. | 在你舔盘子的时候和那个女人乐一乐 |
[27:11] | Well, buck, you do what you want. | 年轻人 你怎么想都可以 |
[27:14] | Just be you and your right hand anyway. | 结果只能和你自己的右手乐一乐 |
[27:24] | Now that’s how you play it, gentlemen. | 这就是找乐子的方法 先生们 |
[27:29] | Oh yeah. | 太好了 |
[27:31] | We gonna get on fine. | 我们会相处得很愉快的 |
[27:39] | Shut the fuck up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[27:49] | Am I late? | 我来迟了吗 |
[27:51] | Where the hell have you been? | 你死到哪去了 |
[27:52] | I came soon as I got the message. | 我一收到消息就赶过来了 |
[27:54] | 90 minutes? | 过来需要九十分钟 |
[27:56] | There’s reporters everywhere. | 到处都是记者 |
[27:58] | And these investigators snooping around. | 还有调查员四处窥探 |
[28:01] | I’m not proud of myself. | 我狼狈不堪 |
[28:03] | I’ve been hiding in my garage. | 一直躲在自己的车库里 |
[28:05] | Where is everybody? | 其他人呢 |
[28:07] | I need you to tell me if you were approached | 我要你告诉我有没有人找过你 |
[28:10] | about turning against me. | 让你背叛我 |
[28:14] | I’m with you, you know that. | 我是你这边的 你知道的 |
[28:16] | We’re in business together. we’re building things. | 我们合伙做生意 合伙做工程 |
[28:17] | Nobody came to you? Not Neary? | 没人来找过你 内尔利没找过你 |
[28:20] | – No. – Any of the bosses? The commodore? | -没有 -那些老板们 准将都没有找过你 |
[28:25] | How bad is this? | 情况有多糟 |
[28:30] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不清楚 |
[28:33] | Are they gonna come after me? | 他们会来抓我吗 |
[28:35] | You got elected Mayor, didn’t you? | 你成功当选市长了 不是吗 |
[28:37] | – You brout that to me. – And you said yes. | -是你让我当的 -而你也同意了 |
[28:40] | So it doesn’t matter what you say now. | 所以你现在说什么都没用 |
[28:48] | I’m gonna beat this, Ed. | 我会度过难关的 艾德 |
[28:50] | And when I do, I’ll remember who showed up here today | 等一切过去之后 我会牢牢记住今天谁站在这里 |
[28:53] | and who didn’t. | 谁没有来 |
[28:55] | Depend on that. | 好好看着吧 |
[29:10] | Mr. Thompson. | 汤普森先生 |
[29:12] | Mr. Kessler called from your other office. | 凯斯勒先生从您另一个办公室打电话来 |
[29:15] | It’s safe to go back now. | 说那边已经安全了 |
[29:21] | I don’t see why things got to change. | 我不明白为什么要改变 |
[29:22] | Everybody’s getting by. | 每个人都还过得去 |
[29:24] | That all you want from life, Damien? | 你生活就这点追求 达米安 |
[29:25] | – What else is there? – A pair of balls. | -那还能有什么呢 -一点点胆量 |
[29:28] | – What’s in it for you, Jim? – Same as everybody. | -你的追求是什么 吉姆 -和大家一样 |
[29:31] | Less headaches and more green. | 少点烦恼多点钞票 |
[29:32] | But Nucky keeps the jack flowing. | 但是努基把一切运作的很好 |
[29:34] | Where were you last year? Armed robberies, | 你去年在干什么 持枪抢劫 |
[29:36] | shooting on the boardwalk. | 在木板路上到处开枪 |
[29:38] | That’s not a man in control. | 那样的人做不了管理者 |
[29:40] | – And the election. – We took it, didn’t we? | -还有选举 -我们赢了 不是吗 |
[29:42] | Too goddamn close. If we’d lost, where would we be then? | 太他妈的惊险了 要是我们输了 现在我们会在哪儿 |
[29:46] | That doesn’t mean he’s got to go to jail. | 那也不至于让他去坐牢啊 |
[29:47] | The roads, we’re all in on that. | 修路的事情 我们今天都参与了 |
[29:49] | Still will be, with the commodore. | 明天仍旧会 和准将一起 |
[29:50] | But it’s Nucky’s deal. | 但那是努基的生意 |
[29:52] | Get this into that potato sack of yours. | 把这想法收回你的死脑筋去吧 |
[29:54] | We’re not in charge. | 掌管一切的人不是我们 |
[29:55] | The commodore wants Nucky next to that fucking grizzly. | 准将想让努基成为他的下一头熊标本 |
[29:58] | That’s what’s gonna happen. | 就是这样 |
[29:59] | But what’s keeping us from winding up with him? | 但是什么让我们和他结仇呢 |
[30:01] | The commodore. He puts the fix in, what do you think? | 准将 他把一切都设置好了 你觉得呢 |
[30:04] | He’s dying his damn hair. | 他快死了 |
[30:05] | He could serve you up for Christmas dinner. | 他精神得可以给你做圣诞晚餐 |
[30:07] | And Eli? | 还有伊莱呢 |
[30:09] | He’s got Eli and Eli’s the law. | 他掌控了伊莱而伊莱就是法律 |
[30:10] | – What about the kid? – Look who his father is. | -那孩子怎么办 -看看他的老爹是谁 |
[30:13] | They get on top of the booze, fellas, | 他们在贩酒界的顶端 伙计们 |
[30:14] | it’s all flags and hallelujah. | 笙旗似海 |
[30:16] | And anybody who didn’t sign on, he’ll be lucky | 谁要是现在不入伙 以后能在 |
[30:18] | to work the boards with a broom and a dustpan. | 木板路扫大街都不错了 |
[30:34] | Damien? | 达米安 |
[30:35] | Just say please, sir, and thank you. | 你只用说拜托了先生 谢谢您就行了 |
[30:51] | So how does this work? | 这里是怎么运作的 |
[30:53] | I run the house. Goes round the clock. | 这里由我经营 不分昼夜 |
[30:56] | The old neighborhood people know me. | 老街坊们都认识我 |
[30:58] | Under A.R.’s protection, so half to him. | 受阿诺德·罗斯坦的保护 所以有一半收入是他的 |
[31:02] | We’ve got other enterprises too. | 我们在其他地方也有开店 |
[31:05] | Rothstein get a piece of those? | 也有罗斯坦的份吗 |
[31:10] | Benny, | 本尼 |
[31:11] | Go around the corner and purchase me one pound of halvah. | 去街角给我买一磅蜂蜜糖来 |
[31:14] | – Stuff will rot your teeth. – I have a craving. | -会吃坏牙齿的 -我就是想吃 |
[31:27] | What the hell was that? | 刚才他妈的是什么 |
[31:28] | He does funny things sometimes. | 他有时又喜欢做鬼脸 |
[31:31] | Meshuge bisl yingl. | [意大利语] |
[31:32] | Che cosa potete fare? please. | [意大利语] 请坐 |
[31:38] | You met with A.R. | 你和阿诺德·罗斯坦见过面了 |
[31:40] | He can be difficult to read. | 他是个难以捉摸的人 |
[31:43] | That thing of yours this morning, | 你今早说的事情 |
[31:45] | I’d have said yes to that. | 我绝对赞成 |
[31:48] | Yeah, but I wouldn’t ask you. | 是啊 但是我问的人不是你 |
[31:50] | I need Rothstein, not the fella that carries his water. | 我需要的是罗斯坦 不是给他端茶送水的人 |
[31:54] | The fuck’s with you? I make a friendly gesture… | 你他妈的有什么毛病 我的态度这么友好 |
[31:57] | – Charlie. – …and this bust-out asshole… | -查理 -而这个残废的混蛋 |
[31:59] | What, are we friends now? You fucking come near my mother… | 什么 我们现在是朋友了吗 你他妈的勾引我妈妈 |
[32:02] | – Pally… – She begged for it. | -兄弟 -是她求我的 |
[32:05] | – Gentlemen! – What the fuck are you gonna do? | -先生们 -你他妈的想干吗 |
[32:06] | Gentlemen, I’m running a business here! Yes? | 先生们 这里现在正在营业 停手好吗 |
[32:10] | Yes? | 好吗 |
[32:26] | May I call you Jimmy? | 我能叫你吉米吗 |
[32:33] | Jimmy, Charlie and I | 吉米 查理和我 |
[32:35] | have learned a great deal from Mr. Rothstein | 从罗斯坦先生那里学到不少东西 |
[32:39] | As I am sure you have learned from Mr. Thompson. | 就像你向汤普森先生学习一样 |
[32:42] | But nobody wants to be in school forever. | 但是谁都不想一辈子当学生 |
[32:47] | As I see it, | 在我看来 |
[32:48] | we have a lot in common. | 我们有许多共同点 |
[32:52] | If we put aside our differences, | 如果我们摒弃前嫌 |
[32:55] | things could happen. | 是可以成事的 |
[33:00] | – Such as? – Trading partners. | -比如 -贸易伙伴 |
[33:02] | We buy liquor from you, you buy something from us. | 我们向你买酒 你也在我们这里买点东西 |
[33:10] | And what would that be? | 买什么 |
[33:13] | We’re thinking of getting into heroin. | 我们想进海洛因 |
[33:18] | When you run the numbers it starts looking very attractive. | 你只要算一算就知道有多诱人了 |
[33:35] | Mr. Sleater, is the kitchen sufficiently safe? | 斯雷特先生 请问厨房够安全吗 |
[33:40] | It looks to be fairly buttoned up. | 看起来绝对安全 |
[33:44] | Ugh, Katy seems incapable of laying this down properly. | 似乎凯蒂不太会铺好这些东西 |
[33:49] | Well, not much meat on her. | 她力气不够大 |
[33:56] | Works a treat now. | 弄好了 |
[33:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:05] | You’ve been traveling around the country? | 你们一直在国内跑 |
[34:09] | With Mr. Mcgarrigle, aye. | 是的 和麦克加里格一起 |
[34:10] | Filling the coffers. | 筹集资金 |
[34:13] | New york, Boston, Chicago. | 纽约 波士顿 芝加哥 |
[34:15] | It’s support for the cause amongst | 为了支持那些 |
[34:17] | those that keep that’s closer at home. | 在家乡志同道合反抗的人 |
[34:20] | “ourselves alone.” | “只靠我们自己” |
[34:24] | Your Gaelic’s a bit off. | 你的盖尔语不太对 |
[34:26] | Sinn Fein. | 新芬兰运动 |
[34:28] | “we ourselves.” that’s closer. | “只靠我们自己” 这就叫志同道合 |
[34:31] | In either case it’s what we’re about, | 不管发生什么我们都会恪守 |
[34:32] | ’cause who else would fight for us? | 因为还能有谁会为我们出头 |
[34:36] | What do you do for Mr. Mcgarrigle? | 你在麦克加里格先生手下做什么工作 |
[34:39] | As you see. Clear the path. | 如你所见 清道夫 |
[34:43] | I was a livestock inspector | 在科尔雷恩叛乱前 |
[34:46] | before the rebellion in Coleraine. | 我是一名家畜巡视员 |
[34:49] | Well to the north. | 在北部 |
[34:51] | I make you from the Lonesome West. | 我听你像是西洛内索姆来的 |
[34:55] | Kerry. | 凯利 |
[34:58] | Family there still? | 家人还在那里吗 |
[35:00] | No. | 不在 |
[35:01] | Here. Apparently. | 很显然 在这里 |
[35:05] | Then you won’t have to choose sides. | 那你就不必选择阵营了 |
[35:27] | I thought first to do the bedroom. | 我觉得该先收拾卧室 |
[35:30] | But then I say he must have his office. | 但后来我又想他必须办公 |
[35:32] | They are vandals, nothing more. | 他们除了是强盗什么都不是 |
[35:35] | See here? A water ring. | 看见没 有杯痕 |
[36:09] | Damien Fleming. | 达米安·弗莱明 |
[36:11] | He says he must speak to you. | 他说必须见你 |
[36:24] | Nuck, I tried talking to them. | 努克 我试过跟他们谈话 |
[36:29] | I said they were making a mistake. | 我说他们正在犯一个大错 |
[36:32] | I told them that you were too smart | 我告诉他们以你的智慧 |
[36:33] | to get sandbagged by something like this. | 绝不会像这样垮台 |
[36:36] | They wouldn’t listen. | 但是他们不听 |
[36:38] | All they see is the dollar signs. | 他们眼里只有钱 |
[36:45] | It’s like the commodore, he cast some kind of voodoo spell. | 就像准将一样 他在谋划一场诡计 |
[36:49] | Everything you did for him, for us, | 你为了他 为了我们所作的一切 |
[36:51] | it’s like it never even happened. | 就好像从没发生过一样 |
[36:57] | Yes? | 喂 |
[36:59] | All alone, big brother? | 孤家寡人了吗 大哥 |
[37:03] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[37:05] | How’s it feel | 一个人 |
[37:07] | sitting at your fancy desk | 孤独地坐在光鲜的办公桌前 |
[37:10] | by yourself? | 是什么感觉 |
[37:13] | Eli, please, listen closely. | 伊莱 拜托你 仔细听好 |
[37:18] | If now, right now, | 如果现在 就是现在 |
[37:21] | you tell me you want to get out of this, | 你跟我说你会退出他们 |
[37:24] | I will help you. | 我会帮助你 |
[37:26] | I will find some way | 我会想出办法 |
[37:28] | and we will come to terms. | 我们会达成妥协 |
[37:32] | I’m prepared to hear your side of it. | 我对你的选择已经有所准备 |
[37:36] | But I will help you | 但是如果你现在告诉我 |
[37:38] | if you tell me now. | 我还是会帮助你 |
[37:42] | Because in a minute | 因为再过一分钟 |
[37:46] | it’s going to be too late. | 一切就晚了 |
[37:52] | Are you there? | 你在听吗 |
[37:56] | Y’know the funny thing? | 你知道有意思的是什么吗 |
[37:59] | Nobody takes power. | 没人能拥有权力 |
[38:01] | Somebody else has to give it to them. | 权利是靠人给的 |
[38:05] | Look around, big brother. | 环顾四周吧 大哥 |
[38:08] | What do you got? | 你还有什么 |
[38:33] | I have a dinner engagement. | 我约了人吃饭 |
[38:44] | Feels good to twist the knife. | 揭人伤疤的感觉不错吧 |
[38:50] | Now come meet the men that made this city. | 现在过来见见创建这座城市的人吧 |
[39:05] | Gentlemen, sheriff Elias Thompson. | 先生们 这位是伊利亚斯·汤普森治安官 |
[39:15] | Propinate nobis similibusque. | [拉丁语] |
[39:19] | Hear hear. | 没错 |
[39:33] | The distinguished Senator from New Jersey. | 尊贵的新泽西州参议员 |
[39:39] | Is it bad if all the cards are the same color? | 一手同花的牌是不是很差 |
[39:41] | Jesus, just play poker. | 天呐 就是玩牌而已 |
[39:43] | I’ll see it. | 我跟 |
[39:46] | And I will raise you three. | 再大你三倍 |
[39:49] | I’m out. | 我不跟了 |
[39:54] | 600 in the pot. | 一把六百 |
[39:55] | What are you holding, mon frere? | 你拿的什么牌 伙计 |
[39:57] | Straight to the nine. | 同花顺到九 |
[40:00] | That’ll pay for the holiday. | 你这可赚大了 |
[40:05] | Cash me out. | 给我结帐 |
[40:07] | Thank you for your visit. | 谢谢你的来访 |
[40:10] | You gentlemen want to sit in? | 你们想来玩几把么 |
[40:12] | New victims are always welcome. | 这里总是欢迎新人 |
[40:14] | Why’s every kike got to be a wiseass? | 为什么每个犹太人都那么聪明 |
[40:16] | Why’s every dago got to be dumb as fuck? | 而意大利人就蠢的像猪 |
[40:18] | I’ll bury you in your diaper. | 我用你的尿布把你埋了 |
[40:23] | Benny. | 本尼 |
[40:26] | Gentlemen, I appreciate the full and frank discussion. | 先生们 谢谢你们开诚布公的谈判 |
[40:30] | Fuck that. | 去你妈的 |
[40:32] | You respect the terms. | 你就是觉得条件可以 |
[40:34] | And you tell your frocio partner. | 告诉你的这位伙伴 |
[40:37] | I most certainly will. | 我当然会 |
[40:40] | This place smells. let’s go. | 这地方真臭 我们走 |
[40:44] | Come on, my uncle needs to hear this. | 走 我叔叔要听结果 |
[40:53] | What was that? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[40:55] | Representatives of Mr. Masseria. | 马赫里亚先生的代表 |
[40:58] | – Who’s he? – Mustache pete fat-ass. | -干什么的 -该死的犹太佬 |
[41:01] | Thinks he owns the lower east side. | 觉得纽约东下区都是自己的 |
[41:04] | A simple misunderstanding. | 小小的误会 |
[41:32] | What’s that scamp Tom up to now? | 这个叫汤姆的小流氓流浪到哪了 |
[41:38] | He meet this little one here. | 他和这个小孩见面了 |
[41:41] | They had a sweet time chatting. | 他们聊的很开心 |
[41:44] | Then she play this piano. | 然后她弹了这架钢琴 |
[41:48] | And what that say | 这里写的 |
[41:51] | There? | 是什么 |
[41:54] | That say | 这里写着 |
[41:57] | Get your finger out of my face. | 把你的手指拿开 |
[42:06] | I don’t like about you? | 我不喜欢你 |
[42:08] | That buck-and-wing suit; | 穿着上好的西装 |
[42:12] | Bright skin bitch you strut around with; | 找上皮肤亮丽的小妞 |
[42:16] | Uppity way you tell the world you better than Dunn Purnsley | 一副不可一世的样子告诉世界你比邓恩·珀斯利强 |
[42:20] | When all you be is another jigaboo | 其实你不过就是另一个 |
[42:22] | In a jail cell. | 蹲在监狱的黑人 |
[42:44] | Harold C. Madison. | 哈罗德·C·麦德森 |
[42:52] | How your daddy keeping? | 你父亲最近怎么样 |
[42:54] | Tolerable, sir. | 还可以 先生 |
[42:56] | He thank you for the doctor bill. | 他很感谢您为他付的医药费 |
[42:59] | Noah Hookway. | 诺亚·胡克威 |
[43:00] | Mr. White. | 怀特先生 |
[43:02] | Things good down at the gold room? | 银楼的生意不错吧 |
[43:05] | Supposed to work today. | 应该不错 |
[43:07] | I’ll talk to ’em. | 我会和他们谈谈 |
[43:10] | Timothy. Cornelius. | 提摩西 科尼利厄斯 |
[43:15] | Mama grateful for the turkey, sir. | 母亲很感谢您送的火鸡 |
[43:19] | All righty then. | 那就好 |
[43:36] | Catch. | 抓住他 |
[43:38] | – Hold him! hold him! – Turn him around. | -困住他 困住他 -把他转过来 |
[43:45] | Son of a bitch! | 该死的 |
[43:52] | That’s right! what? | 这就对了 还有事么 |
[44:16] | Purnsley be done. | 珀斯利被教训了 |
[44:25] | Sir. | 先生 |
[44:38] | Which one of you boys know his letters? | 你们之中谁认字 |
[44:41] | I do. | 我 |
[44:50] | “‘David Copperfield’ | “《大卫·科波菲尔》 |
[44:53] | By charles dickens. | 查尔斯·狄更斯著 |
[44:56] | Chapter one: I am born. | 第一章 我来到这个世上 |
[45:00] | Whether I shall turn out to be the hero | 不管是我自己 |
[45:03] | Of my own life, | 要成为英雄 |
[45:06] | Or whether that station will be held | 还是那个位置 |
[45:10] | By anyone else…” | 属于别人” |
[45:17] | Is the lamb not to your liking, Mr. Mcgarrigle? | 羊排您不喜欢么 麦克加里格先生 |
[45:20] | I’ve no doubt it’s properly prepared, | 我不怀疑这都是经过精心准备的 |
[45:23] | But I eschew any flesh that walks on cloven hoof. | 但我从来不吃偶蹄动物的肉 |
[45:26] | I was unaware of your preference. | 我不知道您有这个习惯 |
[45:31] | It is no preference, ma’am. | 这不是习惯 女士 |
[45:31] | It is an ironclad principle. | 这是原则 |
[45:33] | I’d say John is a man with a bit | 要我说 约翰是个内心 |
[45:35] | of the devil in him himself. | 有点像恶魔的人 |
[45:36] | You’re wrong there. I hold no truck with him at all. | 你错了 我和恶魔没有交集 |
[45:39] | That’s a challenge in this town. | 在这里可是个挑战 |
[45:41] | How do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[45:42] | Mr. Moran refers to Atlantic city’s | 莫兰先生是指大西洋城 |
[45:44] | – Reputation for pleasure. – mmm. | -以娱乐业闻名 -是的 |
[45:46] | The whole of this country seem beset | 整个国家都被 |
[45:48] | by licentiousness and turpitude. | 淫乱放荡和卑鄙奸邪所困扰 |
[45:51] | Well, something else not to your liking. | 这也是您不喜欢的东西 |
[45:54] | It’s none of my concern. | 和我无关 |
[45:56] | My cause is to drive the English invader | 我的目标是把统治我们八百年的 |
[45:58] | From a land he has occupied for 800 years. | 英国侵略者赶走 |
[46:01] | And I assure you, we will succeed. | 我向你保证 我们一定会成功 |
[46:03] | Even if we’re martyred all along the way. | 即使需要我们殉道也在所不惜 |
[46:07] | That is an extreme position. | 这个观点有些极端了 |
[46:10] | Only to those who have forgotten from whence they come. | 对于那些忘记自己家乡的人来说也许吧 |
[46:18] | I know where I’m from, sir. | 我知道我的家在哪 先生 |
[46:21] | And where I am now. | 也知道我现在在哪 |
[46:24] | You’re plainspoken | 作为一个女人来说 |
[46:26] | For a woman. | 你真算是直言不讳 |
[46:28] | Now John, you ought to get back here in the summer. | 约翰 你真应该夏天再来 |
[46:31] | Why, I’ll wager you’ve never seen the like. | 我相信你一定会喜欢 |
[46:33] | We get half a million people. | 这里会聚集五十万人 |
[46:35] | – Nucky. – Yes. | -努基 -是我 |
[46:38] | I, uh… | 我 |
[46:41] | – Shaving it close. – My apologies. | -离近点握手 -抱歉 |
[46:43] | Busy day. Mr. Mcgarrigle. | 工作很忙 麦克加里格先生 |
[46:45] | – Enoch Thompson. – Rather a protestant name. | -伊诺克·汤普森 -很清教徒的名字 |
[46:49] | A beloved uncle on my mother’s side. | 是我舅舅的名字 |
[46:51] | May we discuss the matters at hand, sir? | 我们可以开始谈事情了吗 |
[46:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[46:57] | We just need to eat something first. | 只是需要先吃点东西 |
[47:01] | There’s certainly plenty of lamb. | 还有很多羊排 |
[48:18] | Just give us the jack. | 把钱拿出来 |
[48:20] | I won it square. I got no beef with Masseria. | 那是我赢的 我对马赫里亚先生没有意见 |
[48:25] | It’s Rothstein’s game. | 这是罗斯坦的赌场 |
[48:28] | I won’t ask you again. | 我不会再问第二遍 |
[48:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[48:33] | I put it in my boot. | 我把钱放到靴子里了 |
[48:44] | No, it’s the other one. it’s the other– | 不 是另一只 另一只 |
[49:30] | Another round of port? | 再喝一杯么 |
[49:32] | I’ve allowed myself the one. i’ll not have another. | 我只允许自己喝一杯 绝不喝第二杯 |
[49:37] | I guess i’m done too. | 我也不喝了 |
[49:40] | No thank you, sir. I’m snug as could be. | 不用 谢谢您 先生 我很好 |
[49:42] | Mr. Thompson, the Irish people | 汤普森先生 爱尔兰人民 |
[49:44] | Are at war against a barbaric foe. | 此刻正在和野蛮的敌人作战 |
[49:46] | The English murder us in our homes. they fire into crowds. | 英格兰人屠戮生灵 滥杀无辜 |
[49:49] | Last month they put the torch to cork city | 上个月他们把火把扔进科克城 |
[49:51] | And shot the firemen come to fight the blaze. | 然后杀死了前来救火的消防员 |
[49:54] | We need guns and the money to buy them. | 我们需要枪 需要买枪的钱 |
[49:57] | Mr. Moran tells me you’re a loyal son of erin. | 莫兰先生说您是忠诚的爱尔兰后裔 |
[50:00] | I call upon that loyalty now. | 请你表现出您的忠诚之心 |
[50:03] | What would you consider sufficient? | 你打算要多少 |
[50:06] | What do you have? | 你有多少 |
[50:27] | Make it out to the ancient order of celts. | 希望你们恢复凯尔特祖先的秩序 |
[50:29] | What did I tell you, John? | 我怎么给你说的 约翰 |
[50:31] | Remind the boys at your next dinner | 等你有朋友再来 |
[50:32] | who their best friend in town is. | 记得告诉他们谁才是这里最好的朋友 |
[50:34] | Cash suits us better. | 最好是现金 |
[50:37] | I say the same thing myself. | 我自己还想要呢 |
[50:39] | But today is not the day. | 但今天不行 |
[50:47] | Where are you off to next? | 你们接下来要去哪 |
[50:50] | New York again. | 再去一次纽约 |
[50:51] | Then the boat across the water. | 然后乘船渡海 |
[50:53] | It’s a pity you can’t stay in town longer. | 很遗憾你们不能在此地久留 |
[50:55] | – I’ve seen enough. – Huh. | -我看的已经够多了 -是么 |
[50:58] | – There is one other thing. – My man there. | -还有另外一件事 -我的人 |
[51:01] | Owen Sleater, Mr. Thompson. | 欧文·斯雷特 汤普森先生 |
[51:03] | – He’ll be staying on in the states. – Why? | -他要留在美国 -为什么 |
[51:06] | I have no stomach left for it, sir. | 我不想走了 先生 |
[51:07] | I mentioned that you might be able to help him out. | 我听说您能帮他 |
[51:12] | – Bring him around tomorrow. – To the ritz? | -明天带他来 -去丽兹么 |
[51:15] | Yes. | 没错 |
[51:16] | No, I just– you’re back in there? good. | 不 我只是 您回去了 真好 |
[51:21] | If you gentlemen will excuse me… | 希望你们不介意我离开 |
[51:23] | I’ll have just another after all. | 我还是再喝一杯吧 |
[51:35] | You needn’t, ma’am. I can manage myself. | 您不用帮忙 女士 我能自己来 |
[51:37] | Faster with two, I always found. | 两个人更快 |
[51:41] | Were you in service? | 您也当过女佣 |
[51:43] | You don’t have to look completely amazed. | 你不用这么吃惊 |
[51:46] | Do I seem that grand? | 我有那么高贵么 |
[51:48] | I just didn’t think you were like me. | 我只是觉得您不喜欢我 |
[51:50] | Thank you for your hospitality and contribution. | 感谢您的热情款待和大方捐赠 |
[51:53] | It is very much appreciated. | 非常感谢 |
[52:00] | He recited the funniest poem in the kitchen. | 他在厨房背的最有趣的一首诗 |
[52:03] | A cow that walked into a saloon or something. | 一头奶牛走进沙龙 |
[52:10] | Yes? and how did it go? | 是么 然后呢 |
[52:14] | Oh, I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[52:18] | Anyway, it was a little naughty. | 反正是有点小下流 |
[52:45] | I know we need to talk. | 我知道我们需要谈谈 |
[53:06] | Do they have a case? | 他们立案了么 |
[53:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[53:11] | Who is against you? | 谁在跟你作对 |
[53:15] | All of them. | 所有人 |
[53:16] | You must be specific. | 具体一点 |
[53:17] | The ward bosses except Fleming. | 各选区的名流 除了弗莱明 |
[53:21] | The commodore is pulling the strings. | 是准将在背后操纵 |
[53:24] | I’m certain Jimmy is with him. | 我肯定吉米站在他那边 |
[53:28] | Will you not say your brother’s name? | 你怎么不提你弟弟的名字 |
[53:35] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[53:40] | Eli is betraying me. | 伊莱背叛了我 |
[53:44] | I had no word from you since last night. | 我从昨晚开始就没有你的消息 |
[53:46] | – I didn’t want you to hear about it. – How could I not? | -我不想让你知道 -我怎么可能不知道 |
[53:55] | I keep people satisfied. | 我让大家满足 |
[53:58] | That’s all I do. | 我所作的只有这些而已 |
[54:00] | They will not be satisfied. | 他们不会满足 |
[54:03] | You know that already. | 你已经知道了 |
[54:09] | The investigators turned the suite upside down. | 调查的人把套间翻了个底朝天 |
[54:13] | What might they have found? | 他们发现了什么 |
[54:16] | The ledger book. | 账本 |
[54:18] | It’s missing. | 失踪了 |
[54:21] | And some cash. | 还有一些现金 |
[54:23] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[54:27] | 20,000, give or take. | 大约两万美元 |
[54:33] | Not a lot, is it? | 不是很多 是吧 |
[54:35] | In the scheme of things. | 就整个事件来看 |
[54:39] | It stings anyway. | 可还是肉疼 |
[55:00] | You are smarter than your enemies. | 你比你的敌人更聪明 |
[55:03] | And you will persevere. | 你要坚持下去 |
[55:05] | But you’re not thinking clearly now. | 但是你现在脑子很混沌 |
[55:08] | You must concentrate | 你必须集中精力 |
[55:10] | And not give over to emotion. | 不要感情用事 |
[55:11] | Where did you get those? | 你从哪得到的 |
[55:14] | From your closet today. | 今天 从你的衣柜里 |
[55:22] | This must be burned | 烧了他们 |
[55:24] | And future dealings committed to memory. | 以后的账目用脑子记 |
[55:27] | Do you agree? | 你同意么 |
[55:45] | Poor Enoch. | 可怜的伊诺克 |
[55:47] | You’re exhausted. | 你看上去累极了 |
[55:50] | I sent you flowers | 情人节 |
[55:53] | For valentine’s. | 我给你送了花 |
[55:58] | I never signed the card. | 但我从来不在卡片上签名 |
[56:02] | I knew who they were from. | 我知道花是谁送的 |
[56:16] | Come to sleep | 去我们的床上 |
[56:19] | In our bed. | 睡觉吧 |