时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:17] | Don’t mind. Don’t be afraid. | 没关系 别怕 |
[02:18] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 对不起 |
[02:22] | I won’t hurt you. | 我不会伤害你的 |
[02:24] | Mama! | 妈咪 |
[02:33] | We’re on edge here as it is. | 你这样吓到我们了 |
[02:36] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:39] | It’s not comfortable to sleep with. | 戴上面具不太好睡 |
[02:43] | Mama. | 妈咪 |
[02:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:59] | He said he had to make water | 他说他要小解 |
[03:01] | and if I didn’t pull over, | 如果我不让他去 |
[03:02] | he’d do it right there in his trousers on the car seat. | 他就要尿裤子了 |
[03:06] | You should have let him. | 随他尿裤子啊 |
[03:07] | Nelson. | 尼尔森 |
[03:09] | I had to go myself, sir. | 我自己也要小解 |
[03:11] | It’s almost four hours’ drive to Manhattan. | 去曼哈顿有近四个小时车程 |
[03:13] | I’d had several cups of coffee. | 我喝了几杯咖啡 |
[03:16] | I stopped the car, relieved myself, | 停车后 我就去小解 |
[03:20] | then unlocked Winslow’s handcuffs. | 然后把温斯洛的手铐也解开了 |
[03:23] | In other words, you dispensed with protocol. | 换句话说 你这是擅自行动 |
[03:25] | To not do so would have meant | 要是不这样 |
[03:27] | unbuttoning his trousers and– | 他解不开裤子 |
[03:29] | And touching his J ohnson with your fingers. | 还会让你帮他把尿是吧 |
[03:32] | Yes sir. | 是的长官 |
[03:33] | So in service to your own modesty, | 你为了自己的面子 |
[03:35] | you ended up killing our witness. | 就把证人打死了 |
[03:37] | You will not be told again, Nelson. | 最后一次警告你 尼尔森 |
[03:41] | Nothing in his demeanor | 从他的言语中 |
[03:43] | led me to believe that he’d attack me, sir. | 感觉不到他要袭击我的意思 长官 |
[03:45] | The man was a felon. | 他可是重犯 |
[03:51] | You got anything else to say? | 还有什么要交代的 |
[03:54] | I know I fouled up, | 我知道我搞砸了 |
[03:56] | but killing that prisoner… | 但是杀死一名罪犯 |
[04:02] | it’ll haunt me for the rest of my days. | 我这辈子都不会忘记这件事 |
[04:09] | You acted in self-defense. You’ve been exonerated. | 你也是出于自卫 是无罪的 |
[04:15] | Take a week’s leave, get some rest. | 休一个礼拜的假吧 |
[04:18] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[04:20] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢长官 |
[04:22] | That is all. | 没你的事了 |
[04:32] | Have you any idea, Nelson, | 尼尔森 你知道 |
[04:35] | the embarrassment | 这个窘境 |
[04:38] | this incident has brought upon the department? | 这次意外带给我们部门怎样的恶果吗 |
[04:40] | I take full responsibility for Winslow’s death, sir. | 我为温斯洛的死负全责 长官 |
[04:44] | That’s fine, Nelson, | 没错 尼尔森 |
[04:45] | because that’s precisely where I place the blame. | 我正要责备你 |
[04:48] | I told you I wanted numbers, arrests relating to alcohol. | 跟你说了我要 与酒相关的数据和人 |
[04:52] | Winslow’s confession is a direct link to Nucky Thompson. | 温斯洛的供词直接指证努基·汤普森 |
[04:55] | Winslow is dead. His confession is useless hearsay. | 温斯洛已死 他的证词已无济于事 |
[04:57] | I’ll have another crack at Darmody. | 达莫迪也可以指证 |
[04:59] | Darmody has been released for lack of evidence. | 证据不足 达莫迪已被释放了 |
[05:01] | Thompson’s lawyers are swarming like hornets. | 汤普森的律师都蜂拥而至 |
[05:03] | He committed murder on a direct order from Nucky Thompson. | 他受努基·汤普森之命 实施了谋杀 |
[05:06] | For god’s sakes, man, you have bungled this from the start! | 我的老天爷 你从一开始就在乱搞 |
[05:21] | This is your last chance, Nelson. | 尼尔森 给你最后一次机会 |
[05:24] | One more misstep and you’ll be | 别再犯错 你就去 |
[05:26] | hunting moonshiners down in the everglades. | 大沼泽里找酒贩子吧 |
[06:06] | Don’t stop. | 你继续 |
[06:10] | There’s coffee. | 咖啡煮好了 |
[06:16] | Your mother took Tommy to child’s for an ice cream. | 你妈妈带汤米去吃冰激凌了 |
[06:23] | He’s a good boy. | 他是个乖孩子 |
[06:35] | It’s nice– the skin tones. | 真美 皮肤的色调 |
[06:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:42] | I also like the other one– | 另外一幅我也喜欢 |
[06:43] | the lady with the flowers. | 捧花的女士 |
[06:47] | I didn’t even think you noticed. | 没想到你还注意到了 |
[06:57] | Over in Europe, | 在欧洲 |
[07:00] | in the war– | 打仗时 |
[07:02] | art, painting, poetry– | 艺术品 画作 诗作 |
[07:06] | two weeks in the trench and you forget | 在战壕里奋战两周 |
[07:09] | that there’s anything beautiful | 都不记得文明世界 |
[07:11] | in the civilized world. | 有什么美好的东西了 |
[07:47] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[07:52] | A little red. | 再加点红色 |
[07:57] | That’s better. | 这样就好多了 |
[09:07] | Anything on the ratification? | 审批进行的如何 |
[09:09] | It’s all in the hands of Tennessee. | 田纳西已经拿下了 |
[09:12] | One more state, | 还有一个州 |
[09:13] | then women will have the right to vote. | 妇女们就有选举权了 |
[09:17] | You look doubtful. | 你好像在怀疑 |
[09:20] | I don’t want you to be disappointed. | 我不想让你失望 |
[09:23] | The South– they’re not exactly known | 南部的民众 还没有具备 |
[09:26] | for their forward-thinking down there. | 那种长远性的思考 |
[09:31] | Your driver Mr. Kessler is here. | 您的驾驶员凯斯勒来了 |
[09:33] | Five minutes. | 等五分钟 |
[09:41] | I don’t mean to be cruel, but… | 我不是有意冒犯 但是 |
[09:43] | He’s a war hero, Margaret. | 他是战时英雄 玛格丽特 |
[09:45] | He frightens the children. | 可他吓到我的孩子了 |
[09:47] | He’s here for your protection, for their protection. | 他是来保护你和孩子们的 |
[09:52] | These men who are after you– | 对你下手的那些人 |
[09:54] | – has anything been done? – It’s being handled. | -都处置了吗 -已经处理好了 |
[09:57] | – By the sheriff? – And his deputies. | -治安官处理的吗 -还有他的副手 |
[10:02] | Perhaps the children and I should go away for a while. | 也许我和孩子们该离开一段时间 |
[10:05] | That won’t be necessary. | 没有这个必要 |
[10:09] | Besides, I’d miss you too much. | 再说 我会很想你的 |
[10:14] | Is this what it means to be in charge– | 这是不是意味着有人 |
[10:17] | people shooting at you? | 派人来刺杀你 |
[10:20] | Success breeds enemies, | 成功总会遭人嫉恨 |
[10:22] | which you’ll discover soon enough | 等妇女们获得投票权后 |
[10:24] | after women win the vote. | 你就会明白了 |
[10:32] | Stock prices over the ticker, | 自动收报机汇报股票价格 |
[10:34] | racing results by wire. | 电报传递比赛结果 |
[10:36] | Soon radio, I’m told, will transmit news stories | 我还听说 很快无线广播便可以 |
[10:39] | within minutes of their occurrence. | 在几分钟内将发生的事件传播出去 |
[10:41] | It’s the age of information. | 现在是信息时代 |
[10:43] | And a businessman lives and sometimes dies on its value. | 而这可以让一个商人发财 也可以让他破产 |
[10:50] | Do you know why I’m a successful gambler, Mr. Doyle? | 知道我为什么是个成功的赌徒吗 多伊尔先生 |
[10:55] | ‘Cause you’re lucky? | 因为你很幸运吗 |
[10:58] | He’s lucky. I create my luck. | 他叫拉吉[lucky幸运] 我为自己创造运气 |
[11:02] | I’m a successful gambler | 之所以能做一名成功的赌徒 |
[11:04] | because I never bet on an event | 是因为如果我不会 |
[11:06] | whose outcome I’m not sure of invents. | 盲目投资 |
[11:09] | Like the World Series. | 比如说世界职业棒球赛 |
[11:12] | You put the fix in. | 您很关注这个 |
[11:16] | I employ research, fact-finding. | 我雇人去研究调查 |
[11:19] | “Due diligence” the lawyers call it. | 律师管这叫”尽职调查” |
[11:22] | Which brings me to Nucky Thompson– | 却让努基·汤普森注意到我 |
[11:23] | the man you said you know everything about. | 你们自称对他了如指掌 |
[11:27] | How was I supposed to know his chauffeur carries a gun? | 我怎么知道他的司机也有枪 |
[11:29] | Have you been listening to a single word I’ve said?! | 我说过的话你都听进去半个字了吗 |
[11:34] | Sheer and utter incompetence. | 彻彻底底的无能 |
[11:38] | A woman is shot– | 击中一个妇女 |
[11:40] | an innocent tourist no less– | 只是个无辜游客 |
[11:42] | and you’ve tipped my hand to Thompson. | 还害我手下被汤普森抓走 |
[11:45] | The boardwalk at night, do it in public– | 大众广庭之下夜间在人行道行刺 |
[11:47] | We figured it sends a message. | 我们觉得这算是发出讯号 |
[11:50] | You sent a message all right– | 的确发了一个讯号 |
[11:52] | that you’re idiots. | 你们就是蠢材 |
[11:57] | Devil’s food? | 魔鬼蛋糕 |
[11:58] | – Yes sir. – Thank you. | -是的先生 -多谢 |
[12:00] | I’ll kill that prick myself, Mr. Rothstein. | 我会亲手除掉他的 罗斯坦先生 |
[12:02] | We’ll bring you his head if you want. | 如有需要 我会带他人头来见你 |
[12:04] | Your grandstanding is commendable, | 马屁拍得真响 |
[12:07] | but I have to say I’m less than convinced. | 不过我不是很相信 |
[12:10] | We had bad information, like you said. | 正如你所说 我们消息不够灵 |
[12:15] | How can we make it up to you? | 我们要怎么补偿你呢 |
[12:20] | Nothing says “I’m sorry” like money. | 要补偿 当然得花钱 |
[12:30] | 2 1/2 million people in Chicago alone, | 芝加哥有两百五十万单身 |
[12:34] | figure half of them are men. | 我猜其中一半都是男人 |
[12:36] | – Half of those… – Put that in. | -而这其中的一半 -放进来 |
[12:38] | …are adult men, and there’s my point. | 是成年男性 这才是重点 |
[12:41] | With over a half million potential customers | 有超过五十万的潜在客户 |
[12:43] | who wanna drink whiskey and fuck, | 他们会买酒招妓 |
[12:45] | why ain’t we making more money? | 我们为什么不多赚点呢 |
[12:49] | Fuck you doin’? Are you listening? | 妈的笑什么 你在听吗 |
[12:52] | What? | 什么 |
[12:53] | Are you listening? | 在听吗 |
[12:55] | Yeah, the money. | 在听 赚钱 |
[12:59] | Mr. Torrio, Jake Guzik. | 托里奥先生 杰克·库兹克来了 |
[13:02] | Sure, send him in. | 请他进来 |
[13:06] | There’s the beer baron. | 啤酒大亨来了 |
[13:07] | Are you giving the cooze away? | 把那群鸡撵走吧 |
[13:10] | I had to park all the way up Wabash. | 搞得我好像横穿沃巴什河一样 |
[13:11] | A little exercise will kill you? | 运动一下就要命了 |
[13:13] | I get enough exercise carrying your dough. | 给你拿钱来运动量够大了 |
[13:20] | All this from the brewery? | 都是啤酒厂的 |
[13:21] | I go home stinking of beer, but who’s complaining? | 我回家喝了点小酒 谁管得着啊 |
[13:24] | When he ran the brothel, he stank of pussy. | 他一来妓院 就带来一股尿臭 |
[13:27] | So long as it ain’t kugel, the wife stays off my back. | 只要腰子没变球 老婆就还跟我走 |
[13:30] | I wanted to talk to you about expanding, | 找你来谈扩张生意的 |
[13:32] | and not just your waistline neither. | 不是你的腰围 |
[13:34] | – I was saying… – Johnny, Turkish. | -我是说 -强尼 土耳其货 |
[13:38] | Before you come in, I was saying | 你进来之前我说 |
[13:40] | a lot of money being left on the table. | 外面有大把赚钱机会 |
[13:42] | As far as I’m concerned, the whole north side is wide open. | 就我知道的 整个北区完全开放 |
[13:47] | There’s entire 10-block stretches | 整整十个街区 |
[13:48] | without a single cathouse or a place to get a drink. | 没有一家妓院 没有一个卖酒的 |
[13:57] | The fuck is this? | 这他妈什么东西 |
[13:58] | It’s a load from the joke shop. | 玩具店里的爆竹 |
[14:00] | What, are you 12 years old? | 你十二岁小屁孩吗 |
[14:03] | It’s a joke. I’m sorry. | 开个玩笑而已 抱歉 |
[14:05] | You are sorry. You’re a sorry fucking moron. | 抱歉 抱你妈的谦 你个蠢货 |
[14:07] | I thought you’d have a laugh. | 我以为能让你笑一笑 |
[14:09] | I’m in the middle of a fucking meeting! | 没看见我他妈在开会吗 |
[14:21] | We’ll talk saturday, your kid’s, what do you call it? | 我们周六再谈 你孩子要干什么来着 |
[14:24] | Bar mitzvah. | 犹太受戒仪式 |
[14:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:27] | This ain’t no fucking grade school. | 这里可不是什么小学 |
[14:32] | He’s grotesque, James. | 他长得太吓人了 詹姆斯 |
[14:34] | And believe me, I’ve seen my share of freak shows. | 相信我 他比我看的畸形秀里的人还可怕 |
[14:37] | Apparently it’s a big improvement | 他明显比手术之前 |
[14:39] | over how he looked before the surgery. | 要顺眼的多 |
[14:41] | Try explaining that to a four-year-old. | 四岁的小孩子可不管这些 |
[14:43] | From now on, when he’s in the house, | 你告诉他 从现在起 |
[14:45] | just tell him to keep the mask on. | 在我家就把面具带着 |
[14:47] | Mickey Doyle. | 是米奇·多伊尔 |
[14:51] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[14:52] | – To see you. – Here? | -想见你 -来了吗 |
[14:54] | Shall I frisk him? | 要我搜他身吗 |
[14:56] | You’re Tom Mix all of a sudden? | 你装什么汤姆·米克斯[影星 擅演牛仔] |
[14:58] | You do it. | 你去搜 |
[15:20] | Nucky, hey. How you been? | 努基 过得怎么样 |
[15:23] | – What do you want, Mickey? – Come on, Nuck. | -有何贵干 米奇 -别这样 努克 |
[15:25] | I come to youse hat in hand. | 我没什么恶意 |
[15:30] | I’m came to apologize is all. | 只是专程来道歉 |
[15:33] | I got rattled when you took my operation. | 你抢了我的生意我确实很恼火 |
[15:35] | So you pick yourself up by the bootstraps. | 所有你又来毛遂自荐了 |
[15:37] | Yeah, but I told you I had partners. | 是 我也告诉过你我还有同伙 |
[15:41] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[15:42] | The D’alessio brothers. | 就是迪阿莱西奥兄弟 |
[15:46] | – From Philly? – Mm-hmm. | -费城的 -没错 |
[15:48] | – They’re your partners? – Mm-hmm. | -他们就是你同伙 -是的 |
[15:55] | I should throw you out that fucking window. | 我他妈要把你扔出去 |
[15:57] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know what they was planning. | 抱歉 我不知道他们要针对你 |
[15:59] | Not half as sorry as you’re gonna be. | 等会你就要更抱歉了 |
[16:01] | I can help. That’s why I come here. | 我能帮你 所以才来这里 |
[16:04] | I’ll tell youse everything I know. | 我会把知道的都告诉你 |
[16:11] | Get him a drink. | 给他倒杯酒 |
[16:14] | I should piss in it. | 我他妈给你尿一壶 |
[16:40] | It started months back, after I got out of jail. | 几个月前我出狱以后的 |
[16:43] | They wanted their dough, which I didn’t have, | 他们想要回钱 但我没有 |
[16:46] | so they got the idea to put Chalky out of business. | 所以他们决定把朝琪踢出去 |
[16:49] | – The lynching, that was them? – Mm-hmm. | -处私刑的就是他们吗 -是的 |
[16:50] | They robbed your ward boss too. | 还抢了你的手下 |
[16:52] | The fat one, plus the casino. | 就那个胖子 还有你的赌场 |
[16:55] | They shot my brother, Mickey, took a shot at me. | 他们打伤了我弟弟 米奇 还准备杀我 |
[16:58] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[17:00] | They’re gonna shoot me, Nuck. I know that too. | 他们也想杀我 努克 我都知道的 |
[17:04] | – how? – they’re always jabbering in Italian, | -你怎么知道 -他们老用意大利语嘀咕 |
[17:07] | laughing at me behind my back, right to my face. | 还当面背地的 嘲笑我 |
[17:11] | And Luciano, how does he figure in? | 卢西亚诺是怎么加入的 |
[17:13] | – Your mother didn’t tell you? – Watch your step, Mickey. | -你妈妈没告诉你吗 -说话小心点 米奇 |
[17:16] | He’s got this kid, some sheeny named Lansky. | 他收了个犹太小弟 叫兰斯基 |
[17:19] | He approached chalky, made him an offer, | 他找到朝琪 开出价码 |
[17:21] | but it was really just a whatsit. | 但其实只是个幌子 |
[17:23] | – A ruse? – That’s the ticket. | -试探 -猜对了 |
[17:25] | To find out how many bottles he’s moving. | 想看看他每天运多少酒 |
[17:27] | – Why does he wanna know that? – Why do you think? | -知道这个有什么用 -你说呢 |
[17:29] | For information. | 收集信息 |
[17:31] | This is all on orders from Rothstein. | 都是罗斯坦下的指令 |
[17:34] | He wants to muscle in, | 他想插一杆子 |
[17:35] | take over the liquor business in Atlantic City. | 掌控大西洋城私酒市场 |
[17:38] | Ruining baseball isn’t enough? | 棒球还没祸害够吗 |
[17:42] | Get Chalky on the phone. | 打给朝琪 |
[17:44] | Yeah. | 是 |
[17:46] | For what? | 找他干什么 |
[17:53] | Eddie’s on the line. | 埃迪在用电话 |
[17:55] | God damn it. Eddie! | 去他妈的 埃迪 |
[17:59] | Hang up the goddamn phone. | 你等会再用电话 |
[18:00] | That was Trenton. It just came over the wire– | 从特伦顿[泽西首府]打来的 刚接通 |
[18:03] | The women have received the permission to vote. | 女子选举权通过了 |
[18:13] | “‘I built that palace, and the Emerald City too,’ | “‘我建造的宫殿 还有那翡翠城’ |
[18:16] | remarked the wizard in a thoughtful tone. | 巫师低吟道 |
[18:18] | ‘and I’d like to see them again, | ‘我还想再去看一眼 |
[18:20] | for I was very happy | 因为置身蛮支金人 闻绮斯人 |
[18:21] | among the Munchkins and Winkies | 奎德林人和吉利今人中 |
[18:23] | And Quadlings and Gillikins.’ | 让我身心愉悦’ |
[18:24] | ‘Who are they?’ asked the boy. | 小男孩问 ‘他们是谁’ |
[18:27] | ‘The four nations that inhabit the land of Oz,’ was the reply.” | 回答说 ‘他们来自奥兹四个不同国家'” |
[18:37] | Mm, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:44] | Mr. Harrow. | 哈罗先生 |
[18:51] | We’re reading “The Wizard of Oz” by Frank Baum. | 我们在读弗兰克·鲍姆写的《绿野仙踪》 |
[18:54] | Yes. | 好书 |
[18:56] | Please join us if you’d like. | 如果你愿意可以加入我们 |
[19:01] | Mm, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:11] | “‘I wonder if they would treat me nicely if I went there again.’ | “我在想 如果回去 他们还会对我好吗” |
[19:15] | ‘Of course they would,’ declared dorothy. | 多萝西说 “当然会的” |
[19:17] | ‘they are still proud of their former wizard, | “他们仍会为之前的巫师自豪” |
[19:20] | and often speak of you kindly.’ | “还经常回忆你” |
[19:22] | ‘Do you happen to know whatever became of the Tin Woodsman | 他又问 “你知不知道铁皮人 |
[19:25] | and the Scarecrow?’ he enquired. | 和稻草人是怎么回事吗” |
[19:27] | ‘They live in Oz yet,’ said the girl, | 小姑娘说 “他们来自奥兹 |
[19:29] | ‘and are very important people.'” | “地位十分崇高” |
[19:36] | Mm, theTin Woodsman. | 铁皮人 |
[19:41] | That’s me. | 就是我 |
[19:46] | Oh, I think I need some oil. | 该擦点油了 |
[19:51] | Mama, it’s really him? | 妈妈 真的就是他吗 |
[19:53] | Why yes, dear, | 当然了 宝贝 |
[19:55] | Directly from Oz. | 从奥兹来的 |
[20:00] | And who better to have in our house | 没有什么比 |
[20:02] | than the mighty Tin Woodsman? | 家里有个大铁皮人更好的了 |
[21:12] | I won’t insult you by asking if you want any, | 我不会用这个来诱惑你 |
[21:15] | but I hope you don’t mind if I have a taste. | 但允许我小酌一杯 |
[21:18] | Good news just isn’t the same without it. | 好消息配上美酒才更显喜庆 |
[21:20] | Annabelle offered me some earlier. | 安娜贝拉之前才送的一点 |
[21:23] | Does that mean I shouldn’t try again? | 这么说我不能多喝了 |
[21:25] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[21:28] | it is a special occasion. | 鉴于这个特殊时刻 |
[21:30] | That it is. | 确实特殊 |
[21:33] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[21:41] | To the women’s vote. | 敬女子选举权 |
[21:43] | You’ve caught up with Ireland at last. | 你终于品尝到了爱尔兰美酒 |
[21:45] | It’s your country too, you know. | 也是你的故乡哦 |
[21:55] | You’re aware, of course, | 你应该知道 |
[21:56] | of all the Republican Party has done for social progress. | 共和党常为公众谋福利 |
[21:59] | Emancipation, prohibition. | 奴隶解放 禁酒 |
[22:01] | We backed the women’s vote early. | 现在又提前争取到了女子选举权 |
[22:03] | Because you saw an opportunity. | 因为你抓住了机会 |
[22:07] | A simple “Thank you” Would be fine. | 一句谢谢会让我很高兴 |
[22:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:17] | Sunday, at the league of women voters luncheon, | 礼拜天的女子选举联合会的午宴上 |
[22:20] | Mayor Bacharach will be announcing | 巴哈拉赫市长将宣布 |
[22:21] | that he won’t be seeking reelection. | 不再参加下届竞选 |
[22:24] | I’d like you to tell the ladies | 我希望你告诉他女士 |
[22:26] | why Edward Bader should be his replacement. | 为什么该爱德华·贝德当选 |
[22:29] | And why should he be? | 为什么呢 |
[22:31] | Because he’s the right man for the job. | 因为他适合当市长 |
[22:34] | The owner of a construction business? | 那个建筑公司的老板吗 |
[22:36] | Who’s going to help me build great things | 除了他谁又能建屋盖房 |
[22:39] | for the people of this city. | 造福全市人民 |
[22:42] | But how does that qualify him to be mayor? | 那这和当市长有什么关系 |
[22:45] | Andrew Johnson was a tailor and he became president. | 安德鲁·约翰逊还做过裁缝 不也当上了总统 |
[22:49] | Wasn’t he impeached? | 后来不是被弹劾了吗 |
[22:51] | That’s completely beside the point. | 这完全偏离了话题 |
[22:59] | What am I meant to say? | 我该说些什么 |
[23:01] | That it’s time for a change, | 时代需要变革 |
[23:03] | that it’s a new Republican Party. | 新共和党即将诞生 |
[23:05] | The cronyism, the incompetence, | 不再有任人唯亲 不再有滥竽充数 |
[23:07] | the violence in our streets, | 不再有街头暴力 |
[23:10] | all that’s a thing of the past. | 那些终将成为过去 |
[23:12] | Is it? | 真的吗 |
[23:15] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[23:17] | If Bader is elected, | 如果贝德当选了 |
[23:18] | what happens to the county treasurer? | 县司库怎么办 |
[23:20] | Me? I’m not going anywhere. | 我吗 我哪里也不去 |
[23:22] | You’ll control the new mayor just like the old one. | 你还会像之前那样操纵市长 |
[23:25] | I don’t control anyone, Margaret. | 我没有操纵 玛格丽特 |
[23:29] | I’m more of an overseer. | 我更像是监督 |
[23:30] | For this city to work, | 城市要想正常运作 |
[23:32] | for business to be done over the long haul, | 商业要想在未来不断发展 |
[23:34] | there needs to be cooperation, continuity of leadership. | 就需要合作以及领导的连贯性 |
[23:37] | As county treasurer, I provide that continuity. | 作为县司库 我需要保证连贯性 |
[23:40] | Fletcher and these other democrats– | 弗莱彻和那些民主党人上台 |
[23:42] | they’d be starting from scratch. | 就会推倒重建 |
[23:44] | You’re asking me to lie | 你这是要让我 |
[23:46] | about Bader’s qualifications. | 给贝德的资质作假 |
[23:53] | I’m asking you to be realistic. | 我想让你现实一点 |
[23:56] | This isn’t some fantasy world | 这可不是小人书 |
[23:57] | like in one of those children’s books. | 里面描述的童话世界 |
[23:59] | It’s a real place with real people. | 人民很现实 世界很残酷 |
[24:01] | And sometimes, to make it run properly, | 有的时候 要想达到目的 |
[24:04] | we need to tell those people what they want to hear. | 只能告诉人们他们想知道的消息 |
[24:09] | This is important, Margaret, | 这件事很重要 玛格丽特 |
[24:11] | not just for the republican party. | 不光是对共和党 |
[24:14] | It’s important for you too. | 对你也很重要 |
[24:38] | Look at this. Look, Tommy, look. | 看这个 汤米 快看 |
[24:39] | This is where we got you. | 我们从这里生的你 |
[24:41] | They cooked you up in one of those incubators, | 他们把你放到保育器里 |
[24:43] | wrapped you up in a diaper and then we took you home. | 包上尿布 我们就把你带回家了 |
[24:46] | You’re fooling me. | 你骗人 |
[24:49] | Fooling you, huh? | 谁骗你 |
[24:53] | Hey, where are you going? | 往哪跑 |
[24:55] | Tommy, Tommy, come here. | 汤米 汤米 别跑 |
[25:00] | You want some taffy? | 想吃太妃糖吗 |
[25:02] | That’s mommy’s kissing friend. | 这是和妈妈亲嘴的朋友 |
[25:05] | What’d you say? | 你说什么 |
[25:07] | That’s mommy’s kissing friend. | 这是和妈妈亲嘴的朋友 |
[25:11] | Kissing friend? | 亲嘴的朋友 |
[25:22] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[25:24] | Jimmy, what’s wrong? | 吉米 怎么了 |
[25:25] | Ask your son. | 自己问儿子 |
[25:28] | Wendell, I’m gonna need you to be very still, | 温德尔 保持不动 |
[25:31] | Like a statue in a museum. | 就像博物馆的雕像 |
[25:43] | Wendell! | 温德尔 |
[25:50] | You wanna have your mettle tested? | 想来过两招吗 |
[25:51] | Oh my god! | 天呐 |
[25:53] | Get back! | 回来 |
[26:00] | – Hey, there’s a fight going on. – Jimmy. | -看 有人在打架 -吉米 |
[26:04] | Don’t fucking move. | 给老子呆一边去 |
[26:06] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[26:08] | Jimmy, why are you doing this? | 吉米 你这是在干什么 |
[26:10] | – Jimmy, Stop. – Stop. | -吉米 住手 -住手 |
[26:12] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[26:15] | Hey buddy. Hey pal. | 伙计 朋友 |
[26:17] | Jimmy, stop it, please. | 吉米 住手 求你了 |
[26:18] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[26:21] | This man had relations with my wife… | 这个男的和我老婆有染 |
[26:25] | – That’s not true. – …when I was away in the war. | -不是那样的 -趁我在外面打仗的时候 |
[26:28] | – No, Jimmy. – Daddy, Daddy. | -不是的 吉米 -爸爸 爸爸 |
[26:31] | Please stop it. | 请住手 |
[26:33] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[26:37] | Coming. | 来了 |
[26:46] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[26:47] | Agent Van Alden. | 范·奥尔登探员 |
[26:49] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[26:52] | Of course, yes. | 当然可以 |
[26:54] | Please. | 请进 |
[27:05] | This is Mr. Harrow. | 这位是哈罗先生 |
[27:09] | I’m a federal agent. | 我是一名联邦探员 |
[27:11] | I need to speak privately with Mrs. Schroeder. | 我需要和施罗德夫人单独谈一下 |
[27:15] | I’ll be out back with the children. | 那我到后面去陪孩子们 |
[27:33] | Mrs. Schroeder, I’m going to show you a photograph. | 施罗德夫人 我需要给您看一张照片 |
[27:36] | I’d like to know | 我希望你告诉我 |
[27:38] | if you recognize this girl. | 认不认识这个姑娘 |
[27:45] | Is this meant to be a joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[27:47] | I find nothing funny about it. | 我觉得没有什么好笑的 |
[27:52] | That’s me, | 那是我 |
[27:54] | taken at Ellis Island. | 是在埃利斯岛上照的 |
[27:56] | After your long journey from Kerry. | 在你大老远从凯里郡过来之后 |
[27:59] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[28:02] | When I look at this girl, I see hope, | 看着这张照片上的姑娘 眼中充满了希望 |
[28:05] | yearning, | 憧憬 |
[28:07] | a promise for a new life, | 对崭新生活的渴望 |
[28:10] | the promise of America. | 一个美国梦 |
[28:14] | What happened to that girl, Mrs. Schroeder? | 那个姑娘现在怎么样了 施罗德夫人 |
[28:17] | Am I to be deported? | 我被驱逐了吗 |
[28:20] | I’m a citizen of this country now. | 我现在是合法公民 |
[28:22] | Mrs. Schroeder, you are consorting | 施罗德夫人 你正在和 |
[28:25] | with a murderer, | 一个杀人犯交往 |
[28:27] | The man who killed the father of your children. | 那个男人杀害了你孩子的父亲 |
[28:30] | – That’s not true. – It is true. | -那不是真的 -事实如此 |
[28:32] | He’s a panderer and a criminal. | 他是个皮条客 是个罪犯 |
[28:34] | Mr. Thompson is one of the most– | 汤普森先生是一个最 |
[28:37] | Your life doesn’t have to be like this. | 你不必这样生活 |
[28:41] | And I know you don’t want it to be. | 而且我知道这不是你想要的生活 |
[28:45] | You don’t know me at all. | 你根本都不了解我 |
[28:47] | I see into your soul, Margaret, | 我可以看到你心灵的最深处 玛格丽特 |
[28:50] | At night when I look at this picture. | 每当我晚上看着这张照片时 |
[28:57] | Give me that photograph. | 把照片还给我 |
[28:59] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[29:01] | How dare you lecture me? | 你凭什么教训我 |
[29:04] | You gained entrance to my home | 你借执行公务 |
[29:06] | on the pretense of official business | 闯入我的家里 |
[29:09] | when your true intentions are obviously | 而你的真正目的却与公务 |
[29:11] | something quite different. | 毫不相干 |
[29:14] | Is this the life you want? | 这是你想要的生活吗 |
[29:17] | I can offer you salvation. | 我可以帮你救赎 |
[29:19] | I want you to leave now. | 我要你马上离开 |
[29:28] | I came here to save you– | 我是来拯救你的 |
[29:30] | Not from prosecution, but from the fires of hell | 不仅仅是让你免于诉讼 而是把你从即将到来的 |
[29:33] | that will surely await you should you fail to repent. | 水深火热之中救出来 你会后悔的 |
[30:03] | You need to say this word for word. | 你要逐字逐句地念出来 |
[30:08] | Find us some seats. | 给我们找个位子 |
[30:10] | How you doing? Thanks for coming. | 你好吗 欢迎光临 |
[30:12] | Hiya. Who’s this handsome man? | 你好 这位帅小伙是谁 |
[30:13] | My son Charles. This is John. | 我的儿子查尔斯 这是约翰 |
[30:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:22] | Hey. | 你好 |
[30:23] | You must wear a hat in the synagogue. | 这是犹太人集会 你必须戴帽子 |
[30:25] | It’s a sign of respect. | 以示尊敬 |
[30:27] | To wear it’s a sign of respect? | 戴帽子以示尊敬 |
[30:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:31] | Wear a hat in church– they box your ears in. | 要是在教堂戴帽子 人们会把你揍扁的 |
[30:33] | In the Jewish religion men wear a yarmulke | 在犹太人的信仰里戴圆顶小帽 |
[30:37] | to remind us that god is above us. | 是为了提醒人们上帝高高在上 |
[30:42] | You’re a friend of the Bar Mitzvah? | 你是那位要行受戒礼的孩子的朋友吗 |
[30:45] | – Jake? – Mr. Guzik’s son. | -杰克 -库兹克先生的儿子 |
[30:49] | Yeah, I’m an associate of Jake’s. | 是的 我是杰克的朋友 |
[30:57] | Hey, so this party– | 这个集会 |
[31:00] | What is it exactly? | 到底是为了什么举行的 |
[31:02] | When a Jewish boy reaches 13, | 当一个犹太男孩满十三岁时 |
[31:05] | he becomes a son of the commandment. | 就成为了戒律之子 |
[31:07] | And this celebration affirms his obligations as a man. | 而这个庆典就是为了肯定他作为成年人开始履行义务 |
[31:11] | What, at 13? | 什么 才十三岁就成人了 |
[31:12] | Do you not feel that’s old enough | 你不认为到了这个年龄一个人 |
[31:14] | to be held accountable for your actions? | 应该为自己的所做所为负责吗 |
[31:18] | I know the State does. | 我知道国家是这样认为的 |
[31:19] | That’s why they got reform school. | 所以才有少管所 |
[31:24] | All of us who are worth anything | 所有人生命的意义在于 |
[31:26] | spend our manhood unlearning | 成长中不断地摒除年少时 |
[31:28] | the follies of our youth. | 所犯下的罪恶 |
[31:33] | Gentlemen, we’re about to begin. | 先生们 我们要开始了 |
[31:35] | – We’ll finish this later. – Good, okay. | -我们待会儿再谈 -好的 没问题 |
[31:43] | You should wear a yarmulke. | 你应该戴一顶圆顶小帽 |
[31:45] | What’s wrong with this? | 这帽子有什么问题吗 |
[31:47] | You’re a man, | 你是个成年人 |
[31:48] | Yet you wear the cap of a boy. | 而你的帽子是孩子才戴的 |
[32:09] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[32:38] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[32:44] | Mazel Tov! | 恭喜 |
[32:54] | Meyer Lansky– | 迈耶·兰斯基 |
[32:56] | That’s the kid who came to see you. | 之前来见你的那个小子就是他 |
[32:58] | He told me his name was Michael Lewis. | 他说他叫麦克·刘易斯 |
[33:00] | So he doesn’t have to change the monogram on his shirts. | 看来他的名字缩写总是不变的 |
[33:03] | He’s in cahoots with Arnold Rothstein | 他和在费城外阿诺德·罗斯坦的 |
[33:05] | and this family of Dagos out of Philly. | 意大利团伙勾结在一起 |
[33:07] | Charlie Luciano too. | 还有查理·卢西亚诺 |
[33:09] | – Those the boys who shot you? – Among other things. | -就是那些人开枪打你的 -不止如此 |
[33:12] | They shot at him. They were not successful. | 他们朝他开枪 没有打中 |
[33:15] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在这里 |
[33:17] | If there will be nothing else… | 如果没有其他事情的话我先告辞了 |
[33:25] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[33:31] | What’d you do to your hand? | 你的手怎么了 |
[33:33] | I slammed it in the icebox. | 不小心撞到冰箱了 |
[33:37] | I want you to meet with Lansky. | 我要你去见兰斯基 |
[33:39] | Mickey here will arrange it. | 米奇会帮你安排的 |
[33:41] | Tell him you accept his offer. | 告诉他你接受他的提议 |
[33:42] | – What offer? – Whatever offer he makes. | -什么提议 -他的任何提议 |
[33:45] | Tell him you’re unhappy, | 告诉他你很不高兴 |
[33:47] | That Nucky’s not treating you right. | 因为努基对你不好 |
[33:49] | That shouldn’t be too hard to believe. | 他应该不难相信 |
[33:51] | You’re lucky to be alive, you fucking Polack. | 你能活着真是走运 该死的波兰佬 |
[33:53] | Promise them as much liquor as they want | 他们要多少酒都给他们 |
[33:56] | and tell them they’ll need all their men to haul the load. | 告诉他们由他们的人来运输 |
[33:59] | The idea is to get as many of them in the same place as we can. | 关键在于尽可能把他们一网打尽 |
[34:02] | Remembering, of course, it was me set it up. | 记好 这都是我的主意 |
[34:11] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[34:13] | When all is said and done, | 一切办妥之后 |
[34:18] | what you fixing to do about Mr. Rothstein? | 你怎么解决我们的罗斯坦先生 |
[34:21] | I’m going to make him the richest corpse in New York. | 我要让他成为纽约最有钱的死人 |
[34:27] | And go though I must, | 虽然我要走了 |
[34:29] | I assure you I do so with a heavy heart. | 而且我向你们保证此刻我的心情十分沉重 |
[34:32] | But behind my sadness | 但是在我的悲伤之下 |
[34:34] | there is also great pride | 我为你们的团结一致 |
[34:38] | in what we have achieved as a community | 形成一个团体感到无比骄傲 |
[34:42] | And– and a great optimism… | 还有 还有你们无上的乐观主义 |
[34:45] | It’s perfectly natural to be nervous. | 感到紧张是很自然的 |
[34:47] | Just remember to breathe. | 呼吸一下就没事了 |
[34:49] | It’s not nerves exactly. | 其实并不是紧张 |
[34:51] | Did you eat a good breakfast? | 早餐吃得好吗 |
[34:53] | – I’ve got no appetite. – You’ll be fine. | -我没有食欲 -你会没事的 |
[34:56] | The first time I had to make one of these speeches | 我第一次演讲的时候 |
[34:58] | I was a wreck. | 彻底搞砸了 |
[35:00] | After a while you can get up there and sell snake oil. | 等过段时间越过这道坎后你可以信手拈来 口若悬河 |
[35:02] | And my love for public service shall never cease. | 而我为公众服务的热情永不熄灭 |
[35:10] | Ladies, | 女士们 |
[35:12] | it is now my great pleasure | 现在请允许我荣幸地 |
[35:14] | to introduce Mrs. Margaret Schroeder. | 向你们介绍玛格丽特·施罗德夫人 |
[35:41] | Thank you, Mayor Bacharach. | 谢谢你 巴哈拉赫市长 |
[35:44] | And thank you, ladies. | 也谢谢你们 女士们 |
[35:47] | You will surely be missed. | 我们不会忘记您的 |
[35:57] | When I was first asked to speak to you today, | 当我第一次知道今天要向你们演讲时 |
[36:02] | I confess I was at once | 我承认我当时感到 |
[36:04] | flattered and terrified. | 既高兴又害怕 |
[36:07] | Surely an immigrant to this great country, | 毫无疑问 即使是一个来到这个国家的移民 |
[36:10] | a former parlor maid, could have little | 一个以前的大厅女仆 也可以 |
[36:13] | to contribute to political discourse. | 为政治论述贡献绵薄之力 |
[36:15] | But when I heard I was to speak | 但是当我得知我要发表讲话 |
[36:17] | in support of Edward Bader for mayor, | 支持爱德华·贝德当选市长时 |
[36:20] | I put my trepidations aside | 我把惊恐抛在脑后 |
[36:23] | and decided to speak to you from the heart. | 并且决定对你们敞开心扉说话 |
[36:25] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[36:26] | I first met Mr. Bader socially | 我第一次正式认识贝德先生的时候 |
[36:29] | in his capacity as head of the city’s largest construction firm. | 他是城里最大的建筑公司的领导 |
[36:33] | Mr. Bader is quite literally a builder, | 贝德先生绝对是一个建筑家 |
[36:37] | a man of great vision. | 一个目光远大的人 |
[36:39] | Where other men see an empty lot, | 别人眼里的平地 |
[36:42] | he sees a hospital. | 在他眼里可以是一家医院 |
[36:44] | Where other men see an overgrown field, | 别人眼里的荒地 |
[36:47] | he sees a school for our children. | 在他眼里可以是一所学校 |
[36:49] | And most importantly perhaps, | 而最重要的也许是 |
[36:51] | where other men see shopgirls and chambermaids, | 别人眼里的女店员和女佣 |
[36:55] | Edward Bader sees voters. | 在爱德华·贝德眼里是选民 |
[37:06] | Ladies, our newly gained right | 女士们 我们新获得的权利 |
[37:08] | also comes with great responsibility, | 同样伴随着新的重要责任 |
[37:11] | a duty to use our power wisely, | 一种明智运用我们权利的责任 |
[37:15] | to elect men to office– worthy men | 选出有价值的官员 |
[37:18] | who will put the interest of our citizens first. | 选出能把公众利益放在首位的官员 |
[37:22] | With us as a foundation, women voters, | 有我们女性选民作为群众基础 |
[37:25] | our new mayor can do great things for Atlantic City. | 我们的新任市长会在大西洋城带大有作为 |
[37:29] | And who better to start with that foundation | 又有谁能比一个建筑家更能 |
[37:32] | than a builder himself? | 运用我们这样的群众基础呢 |
[37:35] | Ladies, I give you | 女士们 我向你们介绍 |
[37:38] | our next Mayor, Mr. Edward Bader. | 我们的下任市长 爱德华·贝德先生 |
[37:51] | That was wonderful. | 太精彩了 |
[37:56] | Thank you, Mrs. Schroeder, | 谢谢你 施罗德夫人 |
[37:58] | for that rousing introduction. | 真是振奋人心的演说介绍 |
[38:01] | Ladies, I could not be more pleased than I am right now | 女士们 此刻能加入到你们之中 |
[38:05] | to join you here today | 我感到无比高兴 |
[38:08] | and welcome you | 我对你们这些在我国 |
[38:10] | as meaningful partners in our great democracy. | 民主进程中有着深远影响的伙伴表示热烈欢迎 |
[38:19] | When I was approached to be part of this Republican ticket, | 当我进入这次共和党选举名单时 |
[38:23] | I was not only humbled | 我不仅感到责任重大 |
[38:25] | but excited to continue my work | 而且倍受鼓舞能偶继续 |
[38:27] | for the men, the women and the children of Atlantic City. | 为了大西洋城的男人们 女人们和孩子们做出贡献 |
[38:34] | …enjoy yourself there. | 到那儿玩得开心点 |
[38:36] | We’ll have some drinks. | 我们喝几杯 |
[38:39] | Mr. Torrio. | 托里奥先生 |
[38:47] | Where are you goin’? | 你去哪里 |
[38:48] | Wherever you tell me. | 听您吩咐 |
[38:54] | I’m here to apologize. | 我特意来向你道歉 |
[38:57] | The joke, the cigarette load– | 那个关于香烟爆竹的玩笑 |
[38:59] | that was stupid. | 过火了 |
[39:01] | You can’t do that shit no more. | 别再做这种蠢事了 |
[39:03] | I know. | 知道了 |
[39:08] | You know, | 孩子 |
[39:10] | I brung you out here from Brooklyn for a reason, kid. | 我把你从布鲁克林带到这是有原因的 |
[39:13] | I thought I saw something in you. | 我看中了你身上的某些品质 |
[39:16] | A fella like Guzik– | 你看库兹克 |
[39:19] | Three years ago he’s running a cathouse. | 三年前他还在经营妓院 |
[39:22] | Now look at him today. | 再看现在的他 |
[39:24] | You could learn something from these Jews. | 多和这些犹太人学一学有好处 |
[39:26] | The brewery there– | 我听说 |
[39:28] | I hear they’re looking for help. | 他们的酒厂需要人帮忙 |
[39:31] | His distribution’s out of whack. | 他的分销渠道太差 |
[39:32] | The fella in there now has got it all screwed up. | 那些手下已经完全搞砸了 |
[39:36] | Maybe I can fix it. | 也许我能搞定 |
[39:38] | No more monkey business, Al. | 别胡闹了 阿尔 |
[39:41] | Finito. | 到此为止吧 |
[39:43] | I hear you, Mr. Torrio. | 我听您的 托里奥先生 |
[39:45] | All I’m asking for is a chance. | 只求您再给我一个机会 |
[39:48] | I’m ready to be responsible for my actions. | 我会为我的所作所为负责 |
[39:57] | 22 year I know Nucky Thompson, | 一九二二年我认识努基·汤普森 |
[39:59] | back when the Commodore had this town. | 那时候这里还是准将的天下 |
[40:02] | I ran the dice game here in Chicken Bone Beach. | 我在鸡骨滩经营赌场 |
[40:05] | Nucky made the Commodore collection. | 努基以准将的名义收账 |
[40:09] | Then one day I seen the Commodore himself– | 有一天 在支持布克先生竞选的游行中 |
[40:12] | a parade here for Mr. Booker to Washington, | 我遇到了准将本人 |
[40:15] | You know. | 接下来你们都猜到了 |
[40:17] | “Chalky,” He say, “I got bad news. | 他说”朝琪 我有个坏消息要告诉你 |
[40:21] | Now on you got to pay me 7% of what you been making.” | 从现在起 你要付给我盈利的百分之七” |
[40:26] | “7%?” I say. | 我说”只有百分之七吗 |
[40:28] | “I been paying Nucky 12 long for three years now.” | 这三年来我一直付给努基百分之十二” |
[40:32] | Real prick that guy Thompson, huh? | 汤普森那家伙简直蠢到家了 |
[40:34] | That’s putting it kindly, son. | 这样说算好听的了 小子 |
[40:35] | – He was skimming off the top. – Yes. | -他还想瞒天过海 -是的 |
[40:38] | Thank you. I get it. | 谢谢你 我了解了 |
[40:41] | Well, I hope his reputation precedes him, | 但愿他只是徒有虚名而已 |
[40:44] | but Mr. Rothstein doesn’t do business like that. | 罗斯坦先生可不是这样做生意的 |
[40:47] | Chiseling your partners– it’s short-sighted. | 欺骗生意伙伴是非常不明智的行为 |
[40:49] | – We’re looking to the future. – These stills, | -我们要放眼未来 -这些蒸馏器 |
[40:52] | this piss water you’re bottling– | 还有正在灌装的下等货 |
[40:54] | Don’t get me wrong, it’s fine for some people, | 别误会 对某些人来说够了 |
[40:57] | but we’re looking for the real stuff. | 而我们要的是上等货 |
[41:00] | Can you part with 500 cases a month? | 一个月你能卖出五百箱吗 |
[41:02] | You know I can, | 你知道我的实力 |
[41:05] | Mr. Lewis. | 路易斯先生 |
[41:09] | No offense. | 无意冒犯您 |
[41:11] | That was before Mr. Doyle here told us how unhappy you were. | 那是多伊尔先生说您不满意之前的事 |
[41:14] | Yeah, now that we know, | 现在我们都知道了 |
[41:15] | you’ll be our contact down in Atlantic City. | 您将是我们在大西洋城的联络人 |
[41:17] | Play your cards right– | 这步棋要是走对了 |
[41:19] | you can buy a Packard for every day in the week. | 那些钱够你每天买一辆帕卡德开了 |
[41:24] | Tomorrow late we’ll send trucks. | 明天晚些时候我们会派卡车来 |
[41:26] | The money, too. | 钱也会送到你手上 |
[41:35] | What about Nucky? | 努基怎么办 |
[41:37] | Fuck him. | 去他妈的吧 |
[41:38] | By which he means | 这就意味着 |
[41:40] | you’re under the wing of Arnold Rothstein now. | 现在是阿诺德·罗斯坦罩着你了 |
[41:42] | New York life don’t offer protection that good. | 纽约还没有提供过这么好的待遇 |
[41:47] | One more thing: | 还有一件事 |
[41:52] | How do you know I drive a Packard? | 你怎么知道我开的是帕卡德 |
[42:00] | – Oh, the lights! – It’s something. | -看那灯光 -真漂亮 |
[42:02] | – It is. – I’m so glad we came. | -没错 -真高兴我们来了 |
[42:04] | Me, too. | 我也这样想的 |
[42:16] | I stopped by the hospital. They said you’d already left. | 我去过医院 他们说你已经走了 |
[42:20] | He’s sleeping. They gave him morphine. | 注射了吗啡他就睡了 |
[42:24] | Five broken ribs, his nose, a fractured jaw. | 断了五根肋骨 还有鼻梁骨和颌骨 |
[42:29] | – I’m so sorry, Mary. – It’s not your fault. It’s mine. | -对不起 玛丽 -是我的错 不怪你 |
[42:32] | – Yours? – I should have left him months ago. | -怎么是你的错 -几个月前我就该离开他 |
[42:34] | I don’t love him. | 我不爱他 |
[42:37] | This never would have happened. | 那样就不会发生这样的事了 |
[42:39] | It’s not that easy. | 说起来简单做起来难 |
[43:05] | I just can’t bear it anymore. | 我再也忍受不下去了 |
[43:07] | Has he hurt you? | 他打你了 |
[43:09] | No, not yet. | 目前没有 |
[43:12] | But he’s not the same person I knew. | 但他已经变了个人 |
[43:16] | Come away with me– | 跟我走吧 |
[43:19] | you and Tommy. | 你和汤米 |
[43:22] | – Where? – To Paris. | -去哪儿 -巴黎 |
[43:29] | – What about Robert? – He’ll be fine. | -罗伯特怎么办 -他会没事的 |
[43:31] | He’ll recover from his injuries | 等他养好伤 |
[43:33] | and move on with his life. | 他会好好生活下去 |
[43:37] | Jimmy will never let me go. | 吉米不会放我走的 |
[43:39] | He’ll never know where to find us. | 他找不到我们 |
[43:42] | Imagine Tommy growing up along the Seine, | 你想象一下 汤米在塞纳河畔长大 |
[43:45] | speaking French. | 说着法语的生活有多美好 |
[43:46] | He’d be nothing like his father | 他千万不要像他父亲 |
[43:50] | or any of them. | 或者那些流氓一样 |
[43:52] | Isadora Duncan has a school on Rue Danton. | 伊萨多拉·邓肯在丹敦路有所学校 |
[43:55] | The children wear Grecian tunics. | 那儿的孩子们都穿着希腊式长袍上课 |
[43:58] | She inspires them to find their muses | 她鼓励孩子们寻找灵感 |
[44:00] | and free their spirits. | 释放情感 |
[44:03] | There’s a ship leaving once a month. | 每个月有一班船去那里 |
[44:11] | Nous devons aller a Paris. | 我们一定要去巴黎[法语] |
[44:14] | Say it. | 跟我说一遍 |
[44:17] | What does it mean? | 这句话什么意思 |
[44:20] | We must go to paris. | 我们一定要去巴黎 |
[44:30] | Nous devons aller a Paris. | 我们一定要去巴黎 |
[44:39] | And so we must. | 一定要去 |
[44:55] | Thank you, Deputy Halloran. | 谢谢你 哈罗兰副治安官 |
[44:58] | Could be Sheriff Halloran come November… | 如果伊莱没有好转 |
[45:02] | if Eli’s not better. | 十一月起我就是治安官哈罗兰 |
[45:31] | The children are asleep. | 孩子们都睡了 |
[45:33] | Mrs. Charlton just left. | 查尔顿夫人刚走 |
[45:36] | No trouble, I take it? | 没给你惹什么麻烦吧 |
[45:39] | No. | 没有 |
[45:39] | They’re very obedient. | 他们很乖 |
[45:48] | To guard against intruders. | 保护你们而已 |
[45:53] | Mr. Harrow, | 哈罗先生 |
[45:56] | I feel I owe you an apology. | 我应该向你道歉 |
[46:02] | When you first came here to guard us, | 先前你来保护我们的时候 |
[46:05] | I treated you harshly. | 我表现得有失礼节 |
[46:08] | The truth is your affliction frightened me. | 其实是你的遭遇吓到我了 |
[46:14] | Mm, people find it disconcerting. | 人们总是对此感到不安 |
[46:17] | Well, it’s unfair | 但这对你来说不公平 |
[46:21] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[46:24] | We should judge the person on the inside. | 我们应该根据本性评判他人 |
[46:28] | Mm, I can’t | 连我自己 |
[46:31] | do that myself. | 都做不到 |
[46:33] | So why should you be able to? | 你怎么可能做到呢 |
[46:39] | Sometimes I forget what I look like. | 有时我忘记自己的容貌 |
[46:43] | Then I pass a mirror and I remember. | 而照镜子的时候我就记起来了 |
[46:49] | I stare sometimes at my face | 有时我盯着镜中的自己 |
[46:53] | and I can’t recall | 甚至都回忆不起来 |
[46:57] | who I was before. | 我以前的样子 |
[47:38] | What’ll you have? | 您想喝点什么 |
[47:45] | Whiskey. | 威士忌 |
[48:18] | Again. | 再来一杯 |
[49:05] | May I join you? | 我可以坐在这里吗 |
[49:07] | Sure. | 行啊 |
[49:10] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[49:18] | Cigarette? | 来支烟吗 |
[49:56] | What’s your name, handsome? | 你叫什么 帅哥 |
[50:01] | Nelson. | 尼尔森 |
[50:05] | I could use another drink, Nelson. | 我想再喝一杯 尼尔森 |
[50:33] | This here is Mr. Meyer Lansky. | 这位是迈耶·兰斯基先生 |
[50:38] | Say hello to Nucky Thompson. | 跟努基·汤普森打个招呼 |
[50:41] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[50:45] | We’ve already met, actually. | 其实我们见过了 |
[50:47] | You shot at me on the boardwalk. | 在木板路你向我开枪 |
[50:49] | You’re confusing me with somebody else. | 你把我当成别人了 |
[50:52] | There’s another dago walking around with dogshit on his face? | 这儿还有一脸屎相的外国佬吗 |
[51:04] | What happened? You were supposed to make a deal. | 怎么回事 你不是和他们谈生意吗 |
[51:06] | Why didn’t you tell me | 为什么不告诉我 |
[51:08] | these the motherfuckers that lynched my boy? | 这群王八蛋杀了我兄弟 |
[51:10] | Because I hadn’t confirmed it. | 因为我还没确认是他们干的 |
[51:12] | Well, I got all the confirmation I need. | 我已经确认过了 |
[51:16] | There are four more brothers, Chalky, | 现在还有四个兄弟 朝琪 |
[51:18] | Plus Luciano. How are we supposed to get to them now? | 算上卢西亚诺 应该怎么处置他们 |
[51:21] | Mr. Thompson, may I speak with you? | 汤普森先生 我能和您谈谈吗 |
[51:32] | I know we’ve only recently met | 我知道我们才刚认识 |
[51:34] | and my word doesn’t count for much, | 我的话没什么分量 |
[51:36] | but if you could see your way to letting me go, | 但是如果您能放我走 |
[51:39] | I’m quite certain I can work out | 我一定会想方设法解决 |
[51:41] | an accommodation with Mr. Rothstein. | 您和罗斯坦先生之间的矛盾 |
[51:43] | Mr. Rothstein made his bed. | 罗斯坦先生自作自受 |
[51:45] | Now you fellows can die in it. | 现在你们都可以随他去了 |
[51:47] | Tough talk when he ain’t in the room, right? | 他们就只敢趁他不在的时候嚣张 不是吗 |
[51:50] | What’d you say? | 你说什么 |
[51:51] | Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you heard me. | 抱歉 我以为你听见了 |
[51:53] | What I said was you, Mr. Thompson and this coon here | 我说你 汤普森先生还有这个黑鬼 |
[51:56] | could all go fuck each other. Right. | 都去死吧 就是这样 |
[52:04] | Oh, fucking tough guy. | 该死的混蛋 |
[52:07] | You gonna shoot me for mouthing off? | 说你几句就要杀我吗 |
[52:08] | I wasn’t going to, but you kind of talked me into it. | 我本来不想 是你要求的 |
[52:26] | Anybody else? | 还有谁想死 |
[52:28] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[52:31] | What do we do with him? | 我们怎么处置他 |
[52:33] | Leave him at the dump with the rest of the garbage. | 把他扔到垃圾堆里 |
[52:39] | My brothers come back– | 等我的兄弟回来 |
[52:42] | they’re gonna string you up | 他们会把你吊得 |
[52:44] | higher than they did that other fucking coon. | 比上次那个黑鬼更高 |
[53:54] | You can go now. | 你可以走了 |
[53:57] | And please tell Mr. Rothstein | 麻烦转告罗斯坦先生 |
[53:59] | what you saw here tonight. | 你今晚的遭遇 |
[54:18] | Fuck me. | 操我 |
[54:19] | Fuck me, daddy. | 操我 老爹 |
[54:36] | Oh, baby. | 宝贝儿 |
[56:13] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[56:15] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[56:17] | What are you doing up? | 你怎么还不睡 |
[56:19] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[56:23] | I had business downtown. I would have called. | 我应该打电话告诉你我有事的 |
[56:26] | Business? | 什么事 |
[56:29] | Plotting our strategy for the election. | 为大选制定策略 |
[56:39] | You did very well today | 你今天的演讲 |
[56:42] | with your speech. | 非常精彩 |
[56:44] | You should get some rest. | 好好休息吧 |
[56:53] | You had those ladies eating out of your hand. | 现在那些女士们对你顶礼膜拜 |