| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [02:13] | All right already. Come on. | 好了 别挤了 让开 | 
| [02:15] | Step through in here. | 从这穿过去 | 
| [02:17] | Behind the back. We’re going. | 都往后退 让我们过去 | 
| [02:19] | Sir, thank you. That’s him. | 先生 多谢 就是他 | 
| [02:21] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 借过一下 借过 | 
| [02:23] | Pardon me. | 劳驾 | 
| [02:24] | There he is. Keep it moving, folks. | 他在这 继续走 伙计们 | 
| [02:26] | Torrio, you got a statement? | Torrio你有什么要说的吗 | 
| [02:27] | Mr. Torrio! | 托里奥先生 | 
| [02:28] | Ask him who ordered the hit on Colosimo. | 问他谁是谋杀科洛西莫的幕后主使 | 
| [02:30] | Mr. Torrio, | 托里奥先生 | 
| [02:31] | is it true the police questioned you about | 警方因”大块头”吉姆枪杀案曾传讯过您 | 
| [02:33] | big Jim’s murder? | 这是真的吗 | 
| [02:33] | We was like brothers, me and Jim. | 吉姆对我来说就是亲兄弟 | 
| [02:35] | Like Cain and Abel? | 就像该隐和亚伯吗 | 
| [02:36] | – Wiseacre, huh? – Back off, creep. | -少在那自作聪明 -滚开 变态 | 
| [02:38] | So why do you think he was killed? | 那你认为他死于何因呢 | 
| [02:39] | It was a Robbery. How should I know? | 抢劫案 我又怎么清楚 | 
| [02:41] | The cops said nothing was taken. | 警察说他什么都没丢 | 
| [02:43] | Some respect for the dead, huh? | 尊重下死者吧 | 
| [02:44] | We understand the police have already spoken with you. | 我们了解到警方已经传您问话了 | 
| [02:47] | – Is that true? – When did you speak to the police? | -这是真的吗 -警方是什么时候传讯你的 | 
| [02:50] | All right, a couple steps back. | 好了 都后退几步 | 
| [02:51] | There we go. All right. | 好了 就这样 | 
| [02:53] | Come on, keep it moving here. | 好了 出发吧 | 
| [02:54] | Come on, here we go. Here we go. | 好了 出发 走吧 | 
| [03:14] | – Watch the socks there, eh? – yes, Sir. | -看着点别弄脏袜子 -是 先生 | 
| [03:21] | You a family man, Harlan? | 你有家室吧 哈兰 | 
| [03:24] | Got me a wife and four boys. | 老婆和四个儿子 | 
| [03:32] | – Agent Van Alden. – What? | -范·奥尔登探员 -谁 | 
| [03:34] | – To see you. – Nelson Van Alden, | -一定要见你 -尼尔森·范·奥尔登 | 
| [03:36] | Senior prohibition agent, bureau of internal revenue. | 国税局高级禁酒探员 | 
| [03:42] | Nucky thompson. | 在下努基·汤普森 | 
| [03:45] | Shoeshine? Coffee? | 一起来擦擦鞋 还是喝杯咖啡 | 
| [03:47] | Or something stronger maybe? | 或者来点够劲的 | 
| [03:51] | Nice set you boys have a sense of humor. | 你们真是一点幽默感都没有啊 | 
| [03:53] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 | 
| [04:03] | You’re a difficult man to see. | 见你可真不容易啊 | 
| [04:05] | I’ve been waiting since 9:00 a.m. | 我从早上九点等到现在 | 
| [04:07] | Well, there’s your mistake right there. | 这就是你的错了 | 
| [04:09] | I don’t keep regular hours. | 我从不按正常时间作息 | 
| [04:12] | That’s a little odd for the county treasurer, isn’t it? | 作为一郡之司库 不应该啊 | 
| [04:15] | Both I and the city of Atlantic | 我和这大西洋城一样 | 
| [04:17] | march to our own drummers. | 我行我素 | 
| [04:25] | Well, what can I do for you? | 有什么要我效劳的吗 | 
| [04:27] | I’m investigating saturday night’s shootings. | 我在调查周六晚上的枪击案 | 
| [04:29] | What’s to investigate? | 有什么好调查的 | 
| [04:31] | We can all rest now that the architect | 杀人凶手已经畏罪自杀 | 
| [04:33] | of that slaughter’s been killed himself. | 我们现在都高枕无忧了 | 
| [04:34] | Hans Schroeder. | 你是说汉斯·施罗德 | 
| [04:36] | A hun. | 那个德国人 | 
| [04:38] | Is it any wonder, though– the level of brutality? | 为什么会下手这么狠 | 
| [04:41] | Hans Schroeder was a baker’s apprentice | 汉斯·施罗德在一家面包店做学徒 | 
| [04:44] | For the past 11 years. | 做了11年 | 
| [04:47] | He has one citation for public drunkenness– | 他只因公共场合醉酒被传讯过一次 | 
| [04:51] | Octoberfest, 1912. | 那还是在1912年的十月啤酒节上 | 
| [04:55] | I wrote that summons myself. | 这传票是我亲手写的 | 
| [04:56] | I used to be sheriff here. | 我曾是这里的治安官 | 
| [04:58] | He pissed inside of a moving trolley. | 他在一辆电车里小解 | 
| [05:00] | Yet no other criminal record. | 但他没有任何其他犯罪记录 | 
| [05:02] | Be that as it may, innocent people don’t end up dead in fishing nets. | 无辜的人是不会无缘无故死在渔网里的 | 
| [05:05] | Not even in atlantic city? | 连大西洋城也不例外 | 
| [05:08] | You know, you really should be speaking to our current sheriff. | 这话你得跟我们现任的治安官说 | 
| [05:11] | – Your brother Elias. – That’s right. | -你弟弟伊莱亚斯 -没错 | 
| [05:21] | Have you seen “The Hottentot”? | 你看没看过 “霍屯督人” | 
| [05:23] | It’s a terrific show. Laugh a minute. | 很精彩的节目 特别搞笑 | 
| [05:25] | And if you’re stag, I can certainly | 而且如果你单身的话 | 
| [05:27] | introduce you to some eligible young ladies. | 我还能介绍几个美女给你认识 | 
| [05:29] | I don’t go in much for the theater. | 我不怎么喜欢去戏院 | 
| [05:31] | Then tell me what you do like. | 那么你喜欢什么 | 
| [05:34] | I stopped by Schroeder’s home. | 我去过施罗德的家 | 
| [05:37] | His wife isn’t there. | 他老婆不在 | 
| [05:38] | Do you have any idea where I might find her? | 你知道我怎么才能找到她吗 | 
| [05:40] | Correct me if I’m wrong, but your bailiwick’s alcohol, isn’t it? | 没记错的话 你职责范围仅限禁酒对吧 | 
| [05:43] | Shouldn’t you be out somewhere raiding another still? | 你现在是不是该去搜捕突查了 | 
| [05:47] | I suppose I march to the beat of my own drummer as well. | 我想在执行任务上 我也是我行我素 | 
| [06:04] | – How the hell did he get in here? – He was waiting for– | -你干嘛放他进来 -他等了… | 
| [06:07] | – Get my brother on the phone. – Ja. | -给我弟打电话 -是 | 
| [06:09] | – Now. – Ja. | -马上 -是 | 
| [06:15] | Citizens, countryman, | 市民们 同胞们 | 
| [06:18] | Veterans, patriots, | 老兵们 爱国者们 | 
| [06:20] | join your white brothers | 加入你们的白人兄弟 | 
| [06:22] | in the knights of the ku klux klan. | 加入三K党吧 | 
| [06:25] | Here you are. | 给您 | 
| [06:27] | Sir, take one. | 先生 拿一张吧 | 
| [06:30] | We are a christian, | 我们信奉基督 | 
| [06:32] | Fraternal and pro-American organization governed by… | 团结友爱 支持美国政府… | 
| [06:54] | Thompson. Mr. Thompson. | 汤普森 汤普森先生 | 
| [06:56] | Shit. What’s this sap’s name again? | 妈的 这人叫什么来的 | 
| [06:58] | It’s George Baxter. He sells cutlery to the restaurants. | 乔治·巴克斯特 他供应餐厅的餐具 | 
| [07:01] | Well, if it isn’t good old Baxter. | 这不是老朋友巴克斯特吗 | 
| [07:03] | How’s tricks, my friend? | 近况如何 朋友 | 
| [07:04] | I’m in clover, I tell you. | 我最近受老天爷眷顾 | 
| [07:06] | business is grand and I just picked up | 生意兴隆 还泡到个靓妞 | 
| [07:08] | this little chippy down in Baltimore. | 带去巴尔的摩玩 | 
| [07:11] | Come here, doll. Say hello to Mr. Thompson. | 过来宝贝 跟汤普森先生打个招呼 | 
| [07:14] | – Hello. – Her name’s Claudia. She’s a shy little thing. | -你好 -她叫克劳迪娅 害羞的小妞 | 
| [07:17] | Not especially. Just sometimes. | 没那么害羞 就偶尔啦 | 
| [07:19] | You’re in good hands with this one, I’ll tell you that. | 我肯定地告诉你 你绝对找到好归宿了 | 
| [07:21] | Thompson’s a big cheese, big as they come. | 汤普森可是块肥肉 肥的流油啊 | 
| [07:23] | Some say a big rat. | 有人也叫肥耗子 | 
| [07:26] | How about it? Is he a card? | 看我说吧 多搞笑的人 | 
| [07:29] | I certainly hope you’ll take in some of our attractions. | 我无比期待您能多惠顾我们的赌场 | 
| [07:32] | We’re gonna paint the town, kiddo. | 我们待会儿要去狂欢一把 | 
| [07:33] | I wanna go rollerskating. | 我想去玩轮滑 | 
| [07:37] | Well, if you need anything, you know where to find me. | 需要我的地方 尽管说 | 
| [07:41] | Your friend’s a big shot, huh? | 你朋友是个大人物嘛 | 
| [07:43] | Old Baxy knows ’em all, baby. | 什么大人物老巴克都认识 宝贝 | 
| [07:47] | Henry James | 象牙塔 | 
| [07:55] | Mrs. Schroeder, | 施罗德夫人 | 
| [07:57] | There’s a Mr. Thompson here to see you. | 有位姓汤普森的先生来看你 | 
| [08:02] | Yes, please. | 请他进来 | 
| [08:04] | I wasn’t sure if you wanted visitors. | 我不确定你是不是想见访客 | 
| [08:07] | I’ll need a moment. | 给我点时间 | 
| [08:19] | It’ll just be a minute. | 请等一分钟 | 
| [08:20] | She’s just woken up from her nap. | 她刚睡醒 | 
| [08:26] | You can come in now. | 可以进来了 | 
| [08:36] | Mrs. Schroeder, | 施罗德夫人 | 
| [08:38] | Elias Thompson. I’m the sheriff. | 我是治安官伊莱亚斯·汤普森 | 
| [08:40] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 | 
| [08:43] | Well, you’re looking well. | 你气色不错 | 
| [08:45] | I go home tomorrow, back to the children. | 我明天就回家 回到我的孩子们身边 | 
| [08:49] | That’s fine. | 那很好 | 
| [08:52] | I wanted to talk to you about your husband– | 我想跟你聊聊你丈夫的事 | 
| [08:55] | Late husband– | 前夫 | 
| [08:57] | And his involvement in illegal alcohol. | 他涉嫌违反禁酒令 | 
| [09:01] | He was never in trouble a day his life, | 他这辈子从没惹过任何麻烦 | 
| [09:05] | Not in that manner. | 也不会违反禁酒令 | 
| [09:07] | The man beat you, Mrs. Schroeder. | 这男人打过你 施罗德夫人 | 
| [09:10] | He was not a murderer. | 但他不是杀人犯 | 
| [09:13] | Didn’t you just lose a child? | 你腹中的孩子不就是他杀的吗 | 
| [09:18] | Did you ever follow your husband when he went out at night? | 你丈夫夜间出门的时候 你跟踪过吗 | 
| [09:23] | Of course not. | 当然没有 | 
| [09:24] | Question who his friends were, his associates? | 没怀疑过与他交好 共事的人吗 | 
| [09:27] | No. | 没有 | 
| [09:28] | Then the fact is you don’t really know what he was up to | 怀疑过你其实根本不知道他在做什么吧 | 
| [09:31] | And he could have been involved in these shootings. | 也怀疑过他其实可能参与了枪击案吧 | 
| [09:36] | Well, I– I suppose anything– | 这个 我 我猜 | 
| [09:40] | Then he could have been involved. | 他有可能参与了 | 
| [09:45] | I suppose so. | 我猜可能是吧 | 
| [09:46] | Then if anyone happens to ask, that’s what you’ll tell them. | 那么如果有人问你 就这么回答 | 
| [09:49] | – I don’t see how– – You have children– | -我不明白我凭什么要 -你有孩子 | 
| [09:52] | Theodore, Emily? | 西奥多 艾米莉对吧 | 
| [09:55] | I’m sure you’d be horrified if they ended up | 要是政府拿走你的监护权 | 
| [09:57] | in the custody of the county. | 你会崩溃吧 | 
| [09:59] | Please, I meant no disrespect. | 求求你 我没有任何不敬的意思 | 
| [10:04] | Of course not. | 当然 我知道 | 
| [10:13] | My brother would like you to have this. | 我哥哥要你收下这个 | 
| [10:16] | Keep what we discussed in the forefront of your mind. | 慎重考虑今天我们谈的事 | 
| [10:36] | Who is he, the mayor? | 他是什么人 市长吗 | 
| [10:38] | He’s the county treasurer, but he lives like a pharaoh– | 他是郡司库 但却像个土皇帝 | 
| [10:41] | The entire eighth floor of the ritz. | 包下了豪华旅馆的整个八层 | 
| [10:43] | All at the public’s expense. | 全部由公款支付 | 
| [10:45] | Grand furniture, crystal vases, | 豪华家具 水晶花瓶 | 
| [10:48] | Oil paintings, tailored suits. | 高档油画 高级西装 | 
| [10:51] | Drives a rolls-royce too. At least his chauffeur does. | 座驾是劳斯莱斯 还有专属司机 | 
| [10:54] | He’s corrupt as the day is long. | 他贪污有目共睹 | 
| [10:56] | And I’m not just talking about a little graft. | 我说的可不是小打小闹 | 
| [10:59] | There isn’t a single business he doesn’t get a piece of. | 他的触角延伸到了所有领域 | 
| [11:03] | – Huh? – Fleming. | -怎么样 -弗莱明 | 
| [11:04] | – What do you say, huh? – Two coffees. | -你说什么 -两杯咖啡 | 
| [11:06] | Nor a public employee | 所有公职人员 | 
| [11:08] | Who doesn’t pay for the right to hold his job. | 都要贿赂他以保住职位 | 
| [11:11] | His aldermen make the collections, | 他的参议员四处搜集奇珍异宝 | 
| [11:12] | then fill his coffers every week. | 每周送到他那里 | 
| [11:14] | – Nucky. – Look who’s here. | -努克 -看谁来了 | 
| [11:17] | – For the ICE fund. – Of course. | -资助洲际交易所 -当然 | 
| [11:19] | – Thank you. – Oh, thank you. | -谢谢你 -要谢谢你才对 | 
| [11:20] | Sanitation, police… | 环卫局 警局 | 
| [11:22] | – Right on time. – Fire department. | -刚好准时 -消防局 | 
| [11:24] | The envelope catch on fire? | 怎么都不包个信封 | 
| [11:25] | He’s got the entire town paying off. | 整座城市都在贿赂他 | 
| [11:28] | Yet they still vote him in. | 即便如此 人们还让他继续当选 | 
| [11:29] | The people love him, the darkies especially. | 他深受爱戴 尤其是黑人 | 
| [11:32] | Remember, gentlemen, | 先生们 要记得 | 
| [11:34] | to vote excessively but smoke moderately. | 随心所欲地投票 别随心所欲地吸烟 | 
| [11:36] | Every waiter, busboy and porter | 服务员 勤杂工还有门房 | 
| [11:38] | swears allegiance to him come election time. | 都是他选举时的死忠 | 
| [11:40] | And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. | 但这不过是冰山一角 | 
| [11:43] | – No more bets. – Casinos, | -不再下注了 -赌场 | 
| [11:45] | Whorehouses | 妓院 | 
| [11:48] | Even owns a wire service for the racing results. | 甚至拥有一家自己的通讯社报道赛事 | 
| [11:50] | White shadow in the fifth. | 白影名列第五 | 
| [11:52] | – And alcohol? – It hasn’t slow down a bit. | -走私酒呢 -没有受到丝毫影响 | 
| [11:55] | There’s hardly a bar or a restaurant where you can’t get a drink. | 无论是酒吧还是餐厅 酒无处不在 | 
| [11:58] | It’s practically out in the open. | 而且都肆无忌惮地摆在明面 | 
| [12:00] | You went down to Atlantic city following Arnold Rothstein. | 你去大西洋城追查阿诺德·罗斯坦 | 
| [12:03] | What about him? | 有什么结果 | 
| [12:04] | Frankly, sir, I’m beginning to think | 头 说实在的 我觉得这里面 | 
| [12:07] | Nucky Thompson is the bigger fish. | 努基·汤普森才是大鱼 | 
| [12:12] | How did she seem? Was she in good spirits? | 她气色怎么样 精神还好吗 | 
| [12:14] | She took the money, if that’s what you mean. | 如果你指的是钱 那她收下了 | 
| [12:17] | A little defensive about the husband. | 她还是比较袒护她丈夫的 | 
| [12:18] | You should’ve dumped him | 你本来就该照我说的 | 
| [12:19] | like I told you– side of the road somewhere. | 把尸体扔在路边就算了 | 
| [12:21] | “Get rid of him,” is what you said. | 你说的是 干掉他 | 
| [12:23] | I meant publicly, so he could be identified. | 我是指让他的身份被公开指认出来 | 
| [12:25] | he was identified. | 他是被指认出了 | 
| [12:26] | The fish could have ate his face off, Eli. | 伊莱 要是鱼把他的脸啃掉怎么办 | 
| [12:28] | He could have drifted to Nova Scotia. | 又或者尸体漂到新斯科舍[加拿大省份]怎么办 | 
| [12:30] | Use your noodle next time, eh? | 下回好好动动你的脑子 知道吗 | 
| [12:34] | I’ll be up front. | 我去前面看看 | 
| [12:44] | Mickey. | 米奇 | 
| [12:47] | Mickey, wake up. | 米奇 醒醒 | 
| [12:55] | Jesus. | 老天 | 
| [12:57] | – what fucking took you so long? – you’re out, Mickey. | -怎么现在才来 -米奇你出局了 | 
| [13:01] | So long, sucker. | 再见了 混蛋 | 
| [13:03] | see youse in the funny papers. | 咱连环漫画栏里再见 | 
| [13:05] | Not out of jail, out of business. | 你不是出狱 是出局 | 
| [13:07] | Chalky White’s taking over. | 朝琪·怀特已经接手了 | 
| [13:09] | What are you talking about? Why? | 你说什么呢 为什么 | 
| [13:12] | You broke the cardinal rule, Mickey. You got caught. | 你破坏了最基本的规矩 你被捕了 | 
| [13:14] | That was a set-up. The fix was in from the beginning. | 这次是设计好的 我一开始就被盯上了 | 
| [13:17] | Shut the fuck up! | 妈的你给我闭嘴 | 
| [13:20] | What am I supposed to tell my partners? | 我要怎么给我向合作伙伴交代 | 
| [13:21] | Tell them whatever you like. | 随你便 | 
| [13:22] | The Feds know who you are now, Mickey. You’re contagious. | 他们摸清你底细了 你会危害我们的 | 
| [13:25] | – So you’ll bail me out at least? – No can do. | -你至少会保释我出去吧 -没门 | 
| [13:28] | I can’t risk them tying us together. | 我不想让他们以为我跟你有干系 | 
| [13:30] | So you’re just gonna leave me in here with slanty-eyes? | 你想装作事不关己把我关在这里头吗 | 
| [13:35] | He don’t even talk English! | 这家伙连英语都不会说 | 
| [13:37] | Think of it as a way to broaden your horizons. | 那你就当拓展视野吧 | 
| [13:40] | Nucky! | 努基 | 
| [13:51] | Go ahead. | 进来 | 
| [13:55] | Surprise! | 有惊喜哦 | 
| [13:57] | Merry christmas. Ho ho ho ho. | 圣诞节快乐 哈哈 | 
| [14:00] | Merry christmas, merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐 | 
| [14:02] | – Mwah! – What is this? | -亲一口 -怎么回事 | 
| [14:04] | It’s christmas. What does it look like? | 过圣诞呀 不然是什么 | 
| [14:06] | It was christmas over a month ago. | 圣诞已经是一个多月前的事了 | 
| [14:08] | Yeah, but not like this, it wasn’t. | 没错 但没有这么过就不算 | 
| [14:10] | Oh my god, what did you do? | 老天 你怎么弄的 | 
| [14:12] | Nucky gave me a bonus. | 努基给我分红了 | 
| [14:13] | I mean, why wait till next year, right? | 我们干嘛要把好日子留到明年呢 | 
| [14:16] | The tree– I found it in the alley around the corner. | 这棵树是我在巷子的拐角里弄来的 | 
| [14:19] | Say, pal, what do you think of this? | 小子 你觉得这个怎么样 | 
| [14:27] | – Rip it. – Here, I’ll help you. | -撕开它 -来吧 我帮你 | 
| [14:29] | Truck! | 卡车 | 
| [14:31] | That’s right. | 没错啦 | 
| [14:35] | Truck. | 是辆卡车 | 
| [14:37] | Truck. | 卡车 | 
| [14:42] | For you. | 这个是给你的 | 
| [14:43] | What is it? | 是什么 | 
| [14:51] | Oh my god. | 老天啊 | 
| [14:55] | Jimmy, this must have cost $100. | 吉米 这个得花上一百块吧 | 
| [14:57] | – Do you like it? – Yes, of course. | -你喜欢吗 -我当然喜欢 | 
| [15:00] | Then let me worry about the cost. | 那就不用花了多少钱了 | 
| [15:02] | Here, and this one too. | 还有这个 | 
| [15:05] | Tada. | 来啦 | 
| [15:07] | Is that a vacuum sweeper? | 这个是吸尘器吗 | 
| [15:08] | The fella said he can barely keep them in stock. | 店里的家伙说这个都快脱销了 | 
| [15:12] | Here, plug it in. | 看着 把插头插上 | 
| [15:20] | Mommy, mommy, mommy. | 妈妈 妈妈 | 
| [15:22] | It’s a noise. | 只是点小噪音而已 | 
| [15:25] | Don’t worry, it’s not gonna hurt you. | 别害怕 它伤害不了你的 | 
| [15:29] | Come on, buddy. | 别这样嘛 伙计 | 
| [15:30] | Tommy, look. | 汤米 快看 | 
| [15:33] | Look, it’s a vacuum sweeper. | 快看这个吸尘器 | 
| [15:36] | You see? | 看见没 | 
| [15:37] | Someone’s very tired. | 他太累了 | 
| [15:51] | New York City | 纽约市 | 
| [16:19] | Mr. Rothstein, Charlie Luciano to see you. | 罗斯坦先生 查理·卢西亚诺想跟你会面 | 
| [16:29] | We’ve got a special guest. | 今天有位贵客来访 | 
| [16:34] | – Frankie Yale. How are you? – A.R. | -弗兰基·耶鲁 你好吗 -还不错 | 
| [16:37] | I understand you just got back from Chicago. | 我听说你刚从芝加哥回来 | 
| [16:41] | That’s why you brung me here? | 你带我来就是为了这个吗 | 
| [16:42] | I asked him to, Frankie. | 弗兰基 是我让他带你来的 | 
| [16:44] | I was visiting a friend. So what? | 我去看望一位朋友 怎么了 | 
| [16:48] | It was a lousy visit though, huh? | 不期而至的差劲拜访吧 | 
| [16:52] | For your friend, I mean. | 我是说 对你朋友而言 | 
| [16:55] | Help yourself. | 请自便吧 | 
| [17:13] | There was a man once– | 曾经有个人 | 
| [17:16] | I don’t recall his name– | 我忘了他叫什么名字了 | 
| [17:19] | Frequented the billiard parlors downtown. | 是城里台球室的常客 | 
| [17:26] | He made a comfortable living | 他有个不错的谋生手段 | 
| [17:27] | wagering whether he could swallow certain objects, | 常跟别人打赌他能咽下某件东西 | 
| [17:29] | billiard balls being a specialty. | 他尤其擅长咽台球 | 
| [17:32] | He’d pick a ball, | 他拿起一个球 | 
| [17:33] | take it down his gullet to here, | 然后咽到食道这里 | 
| [17:35] | then regurgitate it back up. | 再把球吐出来 | 
| [17:41] | And one evening I decided to challenge this man to a wager– | 终于 有天晚上我跟那人打赌 | 
| [17:46] | 10,000 in cash for him to do the trick with a billiard ball of my choosing. | 拿一万块赌他吞下我选中的台球 | 
| [17:51] | Now he knew I’d seen him do this a dozen times, | 因为他知道我此前看他做过无数遍 | 
| [17:55] | so I can only surmise that he thought I was stupid. | 所以估计他当时把我当傻子了 | 
| [18:00] | We laid down the cash and I handed him the cue ball. | 我们各自押下现金后我把母球递给他 | 
| [18:04] | He swallowed it down. | 他把球咽了下去 | 
| [18:07] | It lodged in his throat | 那球堵在了他喉咙里 | 
| [18:10] | and he choked to death on the spot. | 把他当场活活噎死 | 
| [18:13] | What I knew and he didn’t was that the cue ball | 当时我没告诉他母球 | 
| [18:16] | was 1/16th of an inch larger than the other balls– | 比其他球的直径要大十六分之一英寸 | 
| [18:19] | Just too large to swallow. | 这个尺寸正好咽不下 | 
| [18:33] | Do you know what the moral of this tale is, Mr. Yale? | 耶鲁先生 你知道这个故事的寓意吗 | 
| [18:36] | Don’t eat a cue ball? | 不要咽母球吗 | 
| [18:41] | The moral of this story | 这个故事的寓意是 | 
| [18:44] | is that if I’d cause a stranger to choke to death for my own amusement, | 既然我能随心所欲地让一个陌生人噎死 | 
| [18:49] | what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me | 那么如果你不告诉我谁指使你杀了科洛西莫 | 
| [18:52] | who ordered you to kill Colosimo? | 你觉得我会怎么对你 | 
| [19:23] | Jimmy honey, | 吉米亲爱的 | 
| [19:26] | It’s not a good time. | 现在不合适 | 
| [19:30] | I don’t mind. | 我不管 | 
| [19:33] | Let’s do something else. | 我们做点别的吧 | 
| [19:45] | Maybe– | 要不 | 
| [19:48] | Maybe we could, you know, do it the french way. | 要不 我们试试法国式 | 
| [19:52] | What? | 是什么 | 
| [19:55] | Well, when we were outside Paris, | 我们当时在巴黎城外 | 
| [19:59] | Some fellas were talking about some gals they met that… | 有人说起他们遇到过的女孩们 | 
| [20:05] | Oh, you want me to put my mouth down there? | 你是想让我给你口交 | 
| [20:39] | There were so many times when I would think of you. | 很多时候我都会想起你 | 
| [20:44] | I would get so hard. | 我过得很艰难 | 
| [20:50] | – Mama, mama. – God damn it! | -妈妈 妈妈 -真该死 | 
| [20:52] | – It’s okay. – Shit. | -没事的 -混蛋 | 
| [20:55] | Mama, where are you? | 妈妈你在哪里 | 
| [20:56] | – Mama’s right here, baby. – I can’t find you. | -宝贝 妈妈在这儿 -我找不到你 | 
| [21:00] | The kid’s got timing, huh? | 这孩子真会挑时机呢 | 
| [21:05] | Are you hungry? | 你饿吗 | 
| [21:06] | You want me to fix you a steak? | 要不要给你弄点吃的 | 
| [21:09] | No, I gotta do something. | 不用了 我还有事情 | 
| [21:15] | We now take you to ancient Greece! | 现在让我们把你们带到古希腊的世界 | 
| [21:30] | Behold the sirens, | 看那海妖 | 
| [21:33] | The stunning temptresses who, in their wickedness, | 这些令人着迷的美丽女妖用邪恶的力量 | 
| [21:36] | enticed Odysseus to dash himself upon the rocks. | 引诱奥德修斯把船驶向海礁 | 
| [21:51] | Cue the waves crashing. | 海浪开始拍打 | 
| [21:56] | Sound, that’s your cue! | 注意声音 到你了 | 
| [21:59] | Sound! | 注意声音 | 
| [22:01] | Let’s break. | 休息吧 | 
| [22:04] | Five minutes. | 休息五分钟 | 
| [22:09] | I’m really thirsty. | 我渴坏了 | 
| [22:10] | – You want a something? – Sure. | -你想去喝点什么吗 -好啊 | 
| [22:21] | Jimmy! | 吉米 | 
| [22:24] | Oh, baby baby baby. | 亲爱的 亲爱的 | 
| [22:31] | Jimmy. | 吉米 | 
| [22:34] | Oh, my baby. | 我的宝贝 | 
| [22:36] | – Ma, it’s all right. – Baby baby baby. | -好啦 -宝贝 | 
| [22:41] | Why didn’t you write? I thought you were dead. | 为什么不给我写信 我还以为你死了呢 | 
| [22:43] | I’m fine. | 我好着呢 | 
| [22:47] | I missed you so much. I missed you, I did. | 我好想你 真的 我好想你 | 
| [22:52] | It’s all right. Come on. | 好了 差不多了 | 
| [22:54] | Oh my god, I’m shaking. | 老天啊 我全身在发抖 | 
| [22:57] | When did you come home? | 你什么时候回来的 | 
| [22:59] | I’ve been home over a month now. | 我已经回来一个多月了 | 
| [23:01] | And you’re just coming to see me now? | 你到现在才来看我 | 
| [23:04] | I’ve been busy. | 我回来后一直都很忙 | 
| [23:06] | Come on, put on some clothes. | 来吧 把衣服穿上 | 
| [23:16] | Oh, I– | 对了 我 | 
| [23:19] | I got you something. | 我给你买了件礼物 | 
| [23:24] | What is this? | 是什么 | 
| [23:37] | Jimmy. | 吉米 | 
| [23:39] | It’s okay. Come on, ma. | 没关系的 妈妈 | 
| [23:41] | This is it. This is the one. | 就是这个 就是这串 | 
| [23:44] | It’s close. It’s very similar. | 是很像 它们是同一款的 | 
| [23:47] | I had the same necklace years ago from his father. | 几年前他父亲送了我一条一模一样的 | 
| [23:51] | I don’t have a father. | 我没有父亲 | 
| [23:54] | She sold it to keep a roof over my head. | 她把它卖了 我才不至于居无定所 | 
| [23:57] | She’s a good egg, your mom. | 你妈妈是个好人 | 
| [23:59] | I promised you I’d replace it, didn’t I? | 我向你保证过我会把它换回来的不是吗 | 
| [24:04] | Just having you back… | 你能回来我就 | 
| [24:08] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么好了 | 
| [24:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 | 
| [24:38] | It’s 4:30. | 四点半了 | 
| [24:41] | I’m clocking in. | 我来打卡签到 | 
| [24:43] | Just like that? | 你就这样签到吗 | 
| [24:45] | I’d say our relationship has changed | 我认为我们的关系在这几天里 | 
| [24:47] | rather significantly in the past few days. Wouldn’t you agree? | 已经发生了质的改变了 你说呢 | 
| [24:54] | You tell me. | 你告诉我 | 
| [24:55] | Actually, why don’t you tell me? | 你就不能给我解释清楚 | 
| [24:58] | You can start with what the fuck happened the other night. | 先说说那天晚上你干了什么破事 | 
| [25:00] | – How’s that? – All right. | -说吧 -行 | 
| [25:05] | Did I invite you to sit? | 我让你坐下了吗 | 
| [25:12] | Me and Al, we got to talking about life– | 我跟阿尔谈了一会人生 | 
| [25:14] | – Who’s Al? – Capone. He works for Johnny Torrio. | -哪个阿尔 -卡波尼 强尼·托里奥的手下 | 
| [25:17] | – The Chubby kid? – Yeah. | -那胖小伙吗 -对 | 
| [25:19] | – Did Torrio sanction this? – Only after the fact. | -托里奥准许这么做吗 -他也是事后知道 | 
| [25:22] | It was my idea– mine and Al’s. | 是我提起的 我跟阿尔的主意 | 
| [25:24] | We got to talking about life, family, money. | 我们就谈了谈人生 家庭和金钱 | 
| [25:27] | – He’s got a little boy of his own. – Young children at home | -他自己也有小孩 -有小孩的人 | 
| [25:29] | and there’s no goddamn accountability whatsoever. | 还一点责任感都没有 | 
| [25:32] | – I said I was sorry, Nuck. – Really? | -努克 我说了对不起了 -真的吗 | 
| [25:34] | When was that? | 你什么时候说过 | 
| [25:36] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [25:39] | I thought it would be easy, okay? | 本以为很简单 | 
| [25:41] | Get the drop on them, swipe the truck. | 抢先一步 袭击卡车 | 
| [25:42] | – No one would get hurt. – And me? Where’d I figure in? | -无伤亡 -我呢 我怎么办 | 
| [25:45] | It would have never been traced back to you. | 不会找到你头上 | 
| [25:46] | Oh well, guess what. | 希望如此 | 
| [25:48] | A fed came in to see me this morning, | 国税局的人今早来见我 | 
| [25:49] | standing right where you are now, | 就站在你所在的那个位置 | 
| [25:51] | asking questions about Saturday night. | 询问周六的事 | 
| [25:53] | – What’d you tell him? – To bugger himself. | -你怎么说的 -去他妈的 | 
| [25:54] | What the fuck do you think? | 你以为会怎么说 | 
| [25:55] | There were deer in the woods. | 林子突然出来一只鹿 | 
| [25:57] | Al got spooked. He started shooting. | 阿尔被吓到了 开了枪 | 
| [25:59] | So you kill four fucking guys? | 所以你就杀了四个人吗 | 
| [26:01] | – Five. – Actually, there were four, | -五个 -现场就四具尸体 | 
| [26:03] | but let’s not quibble over that little detail, shall we? | 算了还是不纠缠这个小细节了 | 
| [26:05] | We couldn’t leave any witnesses, Nuck. | 我们不能留下目击证人 努克 | 
| [26:08] | Fucking idiot. | 傻瓜 | 
| [26:10] | I screwed up, okay? I’m sorry. | 我搞砸了 抱歉 | 
| [26:12] | I’m gonna make it up to you. I’ll work extra hours. | 我会补偿你 我会加班的 | 
| [26:15] | Hold on there. | 停 等下 | 
| [26:16] | Wait a second. You don’t work for me anymore. | 你不再为我工作了 | 
| [26:17] | Let’s get that straight right now. | 我把这点言明了吧 | 
| [26:19] | And you made that decision, not me. | 是你这么决定的 不是我 | 
| [26:21] | – Well, who’s gonna drive you? – What’s the difference? | -那谁给你当司机 -是谁都一样 | 
| [26:24] | Wanna be a gangster, kid? Go be a gangster. | 想做黑社会是吗 那就去做吧 | 
| [26:26] | But if you want to be a gangster in my town, | 但若在我的小镇做黑社会 | 
| [26:28] | then you’ll pay me for the privilege. | 就要给我交保护费 | 
| [26:33] | That envelope you gave me, my end– | 你给我的那信封里的钱 | 
| [26:36] | according to my calculations you’re three grand short. | 根据我的计算 还差三千美元 | 
| [26:39] | – What do you mean? – Are you deaf and stupid? | -你什么意思 -你又聋又傻吗 | 
| [26:41] | You pull a stunt like that, | 你耍小伎俩 | 
| [26:42] | ass-fuck me with Arnold Rothstein. | 洗劫阿诺德·罗斯坦给我添麻烦 | 
| [26:44] | In the process, you owe me another three grand. | 根据规定 你还欠我三千美元 | 
| [26:46] | Nucky, I spent most of the money. | 努基 大部分钱我都花掉了 | 
| [26:48] | $3,000. You got 48 hours. | 三千美元 两天期限 | 
| [27:26] | What’ll it be? | 来点什么 | 
| [27:28] | I’ll take a whiskey and a statement on the record. | 一杯威士忌 一个记录在案的声明 | 
| [27:32] | How’s that? | 什么内容 | 
| [27:33] | Eddie Corrigan, “Chicago Tribune.” | 埃迪·克里根 “芝加哥论坛报” | 
| [27:35] | I believe we already met. | 相信我们已经会过面了 | 
| [27:36] | – You drinking or what? – Whiskey, like I said. | -喝点什么 -我说了 威士忌 | 
| [27:40] | Three bucks. | 三美元 | 
| [27:43] | – What’s your name? – Al Brown. | -你叫什么 -阿尔·布朗 | 
| [27:50] | Hit me again. | 再来一杯 | 
| [27:54] | I’m going with a story linking Johnny Torrio | 我正在追查关于强尼·托里奥 | 
| [27:57] | to the Big Jim murder. | 是否是”大块头” 吉姆血案的真凶 | 
| [27:59] | Why would you do that? | 为什么这么做 | 
| [28:00] | Because I think it’s true. | 因为我认为这是真相 | 
| [28:03] | Would you like to make a statement? | 你想对此做一下声明吗 | 
| [28:07] | Sure. | 没问题 | 
| [28:22] | What the fuck’s going on? | 发生什么事了 | 
| [28:24] | I’m making a statement. | 我在发表声明 | 
| [28:39] | Arnold Rothstein again. | 又是阿诺德·罗斯坦 | 
| [28:44] | Put on a black suit. You’ll be driving me tonight. | 穿上黑制服 今晚为我开车 | 
| [28:47] | Shall I wear a chauffeur’s cap as well? | 还要戴司机帽吗 | 
| [28:50] | – If you want. – Well, I have to borrow one then. | -你想戴就戴 -我得去借个 | 
| [28:52] | Well then borrow one. Or don’t. | 那就去借个 或者不借 | 
| [28:54] | What are you asking me for? | 你问我干什么 | 
| [28:56] | The chauffeur must have a cap. | 司机必须佩戴帽子 | 
| [29:01] | Hello? | 你好 | 
| [29:03] | Nucky, Arnold Rothstein. | 努基 我是阿诺德·罗斯坦 | 
| [29:07] | What a pleasant surprise. | 真是个惊喜 | 
| [29:08] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 我同意 | 
| [29:10] | So the reason I’ve been calling– | 我打电话过来是因为 | 
| [29:13] | the delivery I arranged, I never received it. | 我没收到安排好的货物 | 
| [29:17] | You don’t say. | 是吗 | 
| [29:18] | The truck ran out of petrol. Who knows? | 卡车没油了 谁知道呢 | 
| [29:21] | We’ll chalk it up to a misunderstanding. | 先算作误解好了 | 
| [29:23] | Chalk it up however you’d like. | 随你怎样记 | 
| [29:25] | Fine. | 好 | 
| [29:26] | Then 100 grand should cover it. | 十万美元应该够了 | 
| [29:28] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 | 
| [29:30] | You owe me $100,000, Mr. Thompson. | 汤普森先生 你欠我十万美元 | 
| [29:34] | It’s bad enough you sold my load to Chicago. | 你把我的货卖到芝加哥 太不够意思了 | 
| [29:38] | My sister-in-law’s nephew was one of those drivers. | 我侄子是运输人之一 | 
| [29:42] | I didn’t sell your load to anyone, | 我没把你的货转让给任何人 | 
| [29:44] | And I don’t care if your mother was one of the drivers. | 再说就算是你妈妈运的 我也不关心 | 
| [29:46] | Is this the way you do business? | 你就是这么做生意的吗 | 
| [29:48] | You wanna see how I do business? | 你想知道我如何做生意吗 | 
| [29:49] | Show your face again in Atlantic City. | 再来大西洋城试试看 | 
| [30:18] | Shit. | 妈的 | 
| [30:27] | Jimmy? | 吉米 | 
| [30:30] | Go back to sleep. | 回去睡觉 | 
| [30:33] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 | 
| [30:37] | Nothing, I’m– I’m getting something. | 没事 我拿点东西 | 
| [30:40] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 | 
| [30:44] | Go back to sleep. | 回去睡觉 | 
| [30:45] | You’re gonna wake the baby. | 会吵醒孩子的 | 
| [32:09] | – Mrs. Schroeder? – HELLO? | -施罗德夫人 -你好 | 
| [32:12] | I’m Nelson Van Alden. | 我是尼尔森·范·奥尔登 | 
| [32:14] | I’m with the bureau of internal revenue. | 我来自国家税收局 | 
| [32:16] | I’d like to speak to you about your husband. | 我想和您谈谈关于您丈夫的事 | 
| [32:27] | Please. | 请进 | 
| [32:34] | Is this a bad time? | 来的不是时候吗 | 
| [32:36] | I’m just back from the hospital. | 我刚从医院回来 | 
| [32:39] | Oh, I didn’t realize. | 我不知道 | 
| [32:44] | Please. | 请 | 
| [32:52] | Sit. | 请坐 | 
| [33:26] | First of all, my condolences. | 首先向您致以我最沉痛的哀悼 | 
| [33:28] | I’m sure your husband was a fine and decent man. | 我知道您的丈夫是老实体面的人 | 
| [33:36] | I realize this is cold comfort, | 也许这对您的悲痛无济于事 | 
| [33:38] | but I have reason to believe | 但我有理由相信 | 
| [33:39] | that his murder is unrelated | 他的死因与 | 
| [33:43] | to any alleged ties to bootlegging. | 与偷盗无关 | 
| [33:45] | I– I don’t understand. | 我不明白 | 
| [33:48] | He was a patsy, Mrs. Schroeder, | 施罗德夫人 您丈夫被人骗了 | 
| [33:50] | adupe set up to take the fall. | 让人设计推下大海 | 
| [33:53] | – By whom? – I’m not sure yet. | -被谁 -还不清楚 | 
| [33:56] | – Do you mind if I smoke? – Please. | -介意我抽烟吗 -随意 | 
| [34:04] | I, um– I had a ribbon. | 我有个发带 | 
| [34:08] | What exactly is the nature | 您与努基·汤普森 | 
| [34:10] | of your relationship to Nucky Thompson? | 的关系是什么样的 | 
| [34:27] | – hey, Nuck. – hey, Champ. | -你好 努克 -你好 大舌头 | 
| [34:30] | Say, can you lend me a few bucks? | 能借我些钱吗 | 
| [34:32] | I’d like to, but I’m a little short. | 可以 但我手头有点紧[太矮了 一语双关] | 
| [34:35] | That one kills me! | 真要命 | 
| [34:39] | Oh, look at the lovebirds. | 瞧瞧这对恩爱夫妻 | 
| [34:41] | Looks like you’re having a ball. | 看起来你们要共赴舞会 | 
| [34:42] | We’re having a swell time, sure. | 享受美好时光 是的 | 
| [34:44] | Saltwater Taffy! Would you like some? | 咸味太妃糖 想来点吗 | 
| [34:47] | No, but you go ahead. | 不要 你去吧 | 
| [34:58] | Talk about a flat tire. | 谈谈瘪了的轮胎 | 
| [35:00] | Lionel barrymore last night, dinner at the knife & fork, | 莱昂纳尔·巴里摩尔昨晚用刀叉进餐 | 
| [35:03] | champagne till dawn and not so much as a smooch. | 喝香槟 亲吻到天明 | 
| [35:06] | – She looks like a pushover. – That’s what I thought. | -她看似很容易得手啊 -我也这么想 | 
| [35:11] | What are you, about 20, 21? | 你多大了 二十 二十一岁吗 | 
| [35:14] | Oh, forgive me for asking. | 对不起 我太唐突了 | 
| [35:15] | It’s just that george and I were talking. | 我正和乔治谈论这个问题 | 
| [35:18] | I’m 19. | 我十九岁 | 
| [35:19] | Why, that’s ideal. | 真不错 | 
| [35:21] | You see, I’m thinking of sponsoring a beauty contest | 我正考虑办个选美大赛 | 
| [35:23] | right here in Atlantic City. | 地点就在大西洋城 | 
| [35:25] | And if you don’t mind my saying, | 如果你不介意 | 
| [35:26] | You’ve got plenty of what it takes. | 我很希望您能参加 | 
| [35:28] | A beauty contest? | 选美比赛吗 | 
| [35:30] | Naturally. Who doesn’t love a pretty girl? | 谁天性不爱美女 | 
| [35:32] | What would I have to do? | 我要怎么做 | 
| [35:33] | Keep in touch and I’ll let you know. | 保持联系 我会通知你 | 
| [35:35] | Oh, incidentally, | 顺便一提 | 
| [35:36] | Georgie here will be one of our judges. | 乔治会作为评委出席 | 
| [35:38] | – Really? – Certainly. | -真的吗 -没问题 | 
| [35:41] | Thanks, Nuck. You’re the darb. | 谢谢 努克 你太棒了 | 
| [35:42] | That oughtta warm her up. | 这会让她兴奋起来 | 
| [35:53] | – Hello? – Atlantic City, New Jersey, | -你好 -新泽西州 大西洋城 | 
| [35:55] | to Chicago, Illinois. | 转接伊利诺伊州芝加哥 | 
| [35:57] | It took you long enough. I’ve been waiting a half-hour. | 太慢了 我已经等了半个小时了 | 
| [36:00] | Go ahead, please. | 请继续说 | 
| [36:03] | Hello? | 什么 | 
| [36:07] | Al. Al. | 阿尔 阿尔 | 
| [36:10] | – Come here. – Hello? Is anyone there? | -过来 -你好 有人在听吗 | 
| [36:14] | Who’s this? | 你是谁 | 
| [36:15] | Al, it’s Jimmy. | 阿尔 我是吉米 | 
| [36:17] | – Jimmy Darmody. – Who? | -吉米·达莫迪 -谁 | 
| [36:20] | Jimmy, Atlantic City. | 大西洋城的吉米 | 
| [36:22] | What gives? | 什么事 | 
| [36:23] | I’m in a fix. I need your help. | 我有麻烦了 需要你帮忙 | 
| [36:25] | What kind of fix? The coppers? | 什么麻烦 条子吗 | 
| [36:27] | No, it’s not that. | 不 不是这样 | 
| [36:29] | I-I need money. | 我 我需要钱 | 
| [36:31] | You blew all that dough already? | 你都挥霍光了吗 | 
| [36:33] | It’s a long story. | 说起来话长 | 
| [36:36] | I need you to wire me $500. | 我想你汇给我五百美元 | 
| [36:40] | What? I didn’t hear you. | 什么 我没听清 | 
| [36:42] | I need you to go to Western Union | 我要你明天去西联汇款公司 | 
| [36:45] | and wire me $500. | 给我汇五百美元 | 
| [36:47] | I can’t hear you, pal. | 我听不到 兄弟 | 
| [36:49] | There’s trouble on the wire. | 线路有问题 | 
| [36:52] | Al. | 阿尔 | 
| [36:52] | Jimmy? Jimmy, are you there? | 吉米 吉米 你还在吗 | 
| [36:54] | – Al, can you hear me? – I can’t hear you. | -阿尔 能听到我说话吗 -我听不到 | 
| [36:57] | – Al! – Call me back, pal. | -阿尔 -再打过来 兄弟 | 
| [36:59] | Sounds like you need help. | 听起来你需要帮助 | 
| [37:03] | Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 | 
| [37:05] | Al! | 阿尔 | 
| [37:07] | Operator. May I help you? | 我是接线员 您需要帮助吗 | 
| [37:09] | Yeah, you– you can go jump in a fucking lake. | 是 你他妈的跳河去吧 | 
| [37:18] | Why is the money cold? | 为什么钱很凉 | 
| [37:20] | – It was in my pocket. – You walked here? | -在我的口袋里放的 -你走过来的 | 
| [37:24] | I let Jimmy go. | 我把吉米赶走了 | 
| [37:25] | It’s time he struck out on his own. | 他是时候开创自己的事业了 | 
| [37:29] | Well, maybe it’ll be good for him, | 也许这对他有好处 | 
| [37:32] | Toughen him up a little bit. | 给他点磨砺 | 
| [37:34] | Pour me one of those cognacs, will you? | 帮我倒点科涅克白兰地 好吗 | 
| [37:38] | Fuckin’ indigestion. | 有点消化不良 | 
| [37:39] | – You and me both. – Stomach’s been killing me. | -你我都是 -胃疼差点要了我的命 | 
| [37:42] | So what do you hear from trenton? | 你从特伦敦那里听到什么了 | 
| [37:45] | Senator edge is coming down, | 参议员的利刃就要来了 | 
| [37:46] | Frank Hague too from Jersey City, | 弗兰克·海牙自泽西城而来 | 
| [37:49] | for my birthday. | 为我祝寿 | 
| [37:51] | Oh Jesus. | 天啊 | 
| [37:53] | A grown man still throwing himself birthdays. | 成年老男人了 还喜欢过生日 | 
| [37:56] | Does that mean I should cancel your cooze for the night? | 这是否意味着我应该取消您夜间的性服务 | 
| [37:58] | The fuck it does. | 是他妈这么回事 | 
| [38:02] | I’m hoping to pin edge down | 我希望略微 | 
| [38:03] | on that road appropriation money. | 减少修路的拨款 | 
| [38:05] | You should horse-trade. The election’s coming up. | 你该和他讨价还价一番 选举在即 | 
| [38:07] | He’s got his eye on Washington. | 他正虎视眈眈华盛顿的位置 | 
| [38:09] | I think he can go all the way. | 我想他会一直做下去 | 
| [38:11] | – God knows the ladies like him. – Yeah. | -上帝都知道他讨女人的喜欢 -是啊 | 
| [38:14] | That could be a lot of goddamn votes. | 这得有多少票啊 | 
| [38:16] | That’s a frightening thought. | 多么可怕的想法 | 
| [38:19] | Well, a vote’s a vote, isn’t it? | 但是投票归投票 不是吗 | 
| [38:22] | You think so? | 你这样想的吗 | 
| [38:27] | Louanne. | 露安 | 
| [38:31] | Louanne? | 露安 | 
| [38:35] | God damn it. | 该死的 | 
| [38:39] | Louanne. | 露安 | 
| [38:50] | Jesus. What the hell are you doing back there? | 上帝 你到底在外面做什么 | 
| [38:53] | Fixing your supper, commodore– | 准备您的晚餐 准将先生 | 
| [38:54] | When you hear this bell, get your ass in here. | 当你听到铃声的时候 赶紧到这儿来 | 
| [38:56] | – Do you understand that? – Yes, sir. | -懂了吗 -懂了 先生 | 
| [38:59] | Is there something I could do for you? | 有什么能为您做的吗 | 
| [39:02] | I want you to tell Mr.Thompson here | 我想让你告诉汤普森先生 | 
| [39:04] | what your thoughts are on the League of Nations. | 你对于国际联盟的看法 | 
| [39:07] | Beg pardon? | 麻烦您再说一次 | 
| [39:09] | Tell Mr.Thompson what your thoughts are | 告诉汤普森先生你对于国际联盟 | 
| [39:11] | on the League of Nations. | 的看法 | 
| [39:14] | Big meeting there last week, right? | 上周开了个大会 对吧 | 
| [39:16] | Paris? | 在巴黎 | 
| [39:18] | I don’t know what that is, sir. | 我不知道那是什么 先生 | 
| [39:21] | Well, how do you feel about the Harriday Act? | 你觉得哈里代法案怎么样 | 
| [39:25] | – Holiday? – Harriday. | -假日 -哈里代 | 
| [39:28] | Allows banks to operate through subsidiaries. | 哈里代法案允许银行经营子公司 | 
| [39:32] | Sorry, commodore, | 很抱歉 准将 | 
| [39:34] | I’m not versed in these matters. | 我没听说过这些事情 | 
| [39:38] | Of course she isn’t. She empties my pisspot. | 她当然没听说过 她只是个泄欲工具 | 
| [39:53] | That’s your woman’s vote. | 你所谓的女人票不过如此 | 
| [40:00] | *We now take you to feudal Japan!* | *我们带你回到封建时期的日本* | 
| [40:03] | – Come on, come on! – Aw, Jesus. | -快点 快点 -上帝啊 | 
| [40:04] | – What are you waiting for! – That’s us. | -你还在等什么 -轮到我们了 | 
| [40:06] | – The cue’s coming. – Come on, let’s go. | -尾白马上到了 -快点 我们走吧 | 
| [40:09] | – It happens every time. – Yeah. | -每次都这样 -对啊 | 
| [40:34] | “My dearest Rose, | “亲爱的罗斯 | 
| [40:38] | I trust and pray to our lord | 我相信主 并向其祷告 | 
| [40:42] | that this missive finds you well | 这封信函能保你身体健康 | 
| [40:45] | and in good spirits. | 心情愉快 | 
| [40:49] | Important agency business | 公务缠身 | 
| [40:52] | keeps me from home, | 无法回家 | 
| [40:54] | for how much longer I cannot say. | 不知道何时能够结束 | 
| [41:00] | Please see to it | 请你务必 | 
| [41:02] | that you run the faucets at least twice a day, | 每天查看管道接口处两次 | 
| [41:06] | as the winter weather can cause the pipes to crack. | 因为冬季管子易裂 | 
| [41:14] | Your devoted husband, | 爱你的丈夫 | 
| [41:18] | Nelson.” | 尼尔森 | 
| [42:46] | Shoe. | 鞋子 | 
| [43:05] | You know, you oughtta grow a mustache. | 你应该留小胡子 | 
| [43:09] | What? | 什么 | 
| [43:11] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [43:13] | Like Douglas Fairbanks. | 像道格拉斯·范朋克那样 | 
| [43:16] | Douglas Fairbanks belongs in Snake Alley | 道格拉斯·范朋克应该呆在华西街 | 
| [43:18] | with the other powder puffs. | 陪着另一个女人 | 
| [43:19] | You ask me, he’s all man. | 要我说 他是纯爷们 | 
| [43:23] | He’s starring in “The mark of zorro.” | 他主演了《佐罗的面具》 | 
| [43:26] | I’ll put that on my list. | 我会考虑的 | 
| [43:29] | Ahem, Mrs.Schroeder is here. | 施罗德夫人来了 | 
| [43:32] | – Now? – She says she must see you. | -现在吗 -她说一定要见您 | 
| [43:43] | Who’s Mrs. Schroeder? | 施罗德夫人是谁 | 
| [43:46] | Just wait in the car with Eddie. | 和埃迪到车里等我 | 
| [43:53] | Mrs. Schroeder, what a surprise. | 施罗德夫人 真是稀客 | 
| [43:56] | I’m sorry. I know it’s late. | 对不起 我知道很晚了 | 
| [43:57] | It’s nearly midnight. Where are your children? | 已经接近午夜了 你的孩子们在哪儿 | 
| [44:00] | They’re with a neighbor. | 他们和邻居在一起 | 
| [44:04] | Shall we? | 进去谈吧 | 
| [44:10] | Here, have a seat. | 请坐 | 
| [44:22] | Mr. Thompson, I apologize, | 汤普森先生 我向您道歉 | 
| [44:26] | But I need to return this. | 我要把这笔钱还给你 | 
| [44:30] | Well, that certainly could have waited till tomorrow. | 等到明天再还也没关系 | 
| [44:32] | No, it couldn’t. | 不 不能等 | 
| [44:36] | That money… | 这笔钱 | 
| [44:38] | I don’t know what it is, what it’s for. | 我不知道是哪儿来的 做什么用的 | 
| [44:42] | It was weighing too heavily on my conscience. | 这让我的良心过意不去 | 
| [44:45] | Your conscience? | 你的良心 | 
| [44:47] | Well, why should it do that? | 为什么这样想 | 
| [44:55] | With my husband gone… | 随着我丈夫去世 | 
| [45:01] | I understand what you’re going through, whatever the circumstances. | 不论情况怎样 我明白你内心的痛苦 | 
| [45:09] | Was she very young, your wife? | 她很早就去世了吗 你的妻子 | 
| [45:16] | Yes, she was. | 是的 很早就去世了 | 
| [45:18] | 28. | 才28岁 | 
| [45:22] | She was a beautiful loving woman. | 她是个美丽可爱的女人 | 
| [45:26] | I’ll keep her in my prayers. | 我会为她祈祷的 | 
| [45:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [45:33] | When I came to you for help, | 我向你寻求帮助的时候 | 
| [45:36] | it was only to ask for employment for my husband. | 只是希望您能雇佣他 | 
| [45:41] | I was a parlormaid back in Ireland. | 我曾经在爱尔兰做女仆 | 
| [45:44] | With these soft hands? | 用这双柔嫩的手吗 | 
| [45:50] | My point is I wasn’t seeking alms. | 我的意思是 我不是来寻求施舍 | 
| [45:52] | But we’re Christians. That was the charitable thing. | 但我们是基督徒 帮助他人是做善事 | 
| [45:56] | Charity degrades those who receive it | 施舍使接受者蒙羞 | 
| [45:59] | and hardens those who dispense it. | 使付出者冷酷无情 | 
| [46:02] | That’s French or something, isn’t it? | 法国人写的 是吗 | 
| [46:06] | – George Sand. – He was a poet. | -乔治·桑 -他是个诗人 | 
| [46:09] | He was a she, actually. | 实际上 他是女人 | 
| [46:12] | Baroness Amandine Lucile Dupin. | 奥罗尔·杜邦男爵夫人 | 
| [46:16] | Sand was her pen-name. | 桑是她的笔名 | 
| [46:18] | My employer was a barrister. | 我的雇主是个律师 | 
| [46:21] | The house was filled with books. | 家里堆满了书 | 
| [46:23] | – and I’ll bet you read them all. – as many as I could. | -我猜你肯定都看过了 -能读的都读了 | 
| [46:29] | Will you help me, mr. Thompson? | 你能帮我吗 汤普森先生 | 
| [46:33] | All I want is to provide for my children. | 我只想抚养我的孩子 | 
| [46:37] | I’d like to help you. | 我非常想帮助你 | 
| [46:39] | Then tell me what to do. | 那告诉我应该怎么做 | 
| [46:42] | What do you want from me? | 我拿什么和您交换 | 
| [46:52] | I want you | 我想让你 | 
| [46:54] | To vote republican. | 给共和党投票 | 
| [47:04] | – george, stop! – kiss me, baby. Come on. | -乔治 别这样 -亲我 宝贝 | 
| [47:09] | You see what you’re doing to me? | 知道该怎么犒劳我了吧 | 
| [47:10] | Stop getting fresh. | 别得寸进尺 | 
| [47:12] | Come on, honey. I’m crazy for you. | 别这样 宝贝 我快疯了 | 
| [47:14] | Stop. I’m not that kind of girl. | 住手 我不是那种女孩 | 
| [47:17] | Really? Well, what kind of girl are you, huh? | 真的吗 那你是哪类女孩 | 
| [47:22] | So that’s the way it’s gonna be, huh? | 这就是结局是吗 | 
| [47:24] | Come near me and I’ll scream. | 再靠近我就喊人了 | 
| [47:26] | Come near you? Who can get close to you? | 靠近 谁能靠近你 | 
| [47:29] | Get your things. I’m taking you back to Baltimore. | 拿上你的东西 我送你回巴尔的摩 | 
| [47:31] | At this hour? | 现在 | 
| [47:33] | Well, I’ve got headlamps, haven’t I? | 我车有大灯 | 
| [47:36] | A guy comes home and he sees his wife | 一个汉子回家看到 | 
| [47:39] | In bed with a stranger. | 她老婆和一个陌生人躺在床上 | 
| [47:40] | He says, “What the hell are you two doing?” | 他质问 你们两个在干什么 | 
| [47:42] | She turns to the stranger and says, | 她看了一眼陌生人说 | 
| [47:43] | “See? I told you he was stupid.” | 看到了吗 我告诉你他是个笨蛋 | 
| [47:44] | fella comes home to his wife and he says, | 另一个汉子回家对他的老婆说 | 
| [47:46] | “Honey, pack your bags. I’ve just won the irish sweepstakes.” | 亲爱的 收拾东西 我刚赢了爱尔兰彩票 | 
| [47:51] | She says, “Well, should I pack for warm weather or cold?” | 她问 那我应该拿厚衣服还是薄衣服 | 
| [47:54] | “Doesn’t matter to me,” He says, | 都一样 他回答 | 
| [47:56] | “As long as you’re gone by noon.” | 只要你中午前离开这就行 | 
| [47:59] | – you had one the other day– – nucky. | -你那天说的那个也很搞笑 -努基 | 
| [48:05] | Sir james of the absecon isle. | 来自阿布希肯岛的詹姆斯爵士 | 
| [48:15] | I got what you asked for. | 我凑够你要的钱了 | 
| [48:20] | Do I need to count it? | 我是不是得数数 | 
| [48:23] | Only if you don’t trust me. | 除非你不信我 | 
| [48:29] | So we’re square? | 我们还是一家人 | 
| [48:31] | As a block of ice. | 坚不可摧 | 
| [48:35] | Gentlemen and ladies, to the tables. | 女士们先生们 来赌一把 | 
| [48:46] | Money plays. | 金钱游戏 | 
| [48:48] | 3,000 on black. | 三千美元压黑 | 
| [48:52] | Check play. | 买定离手 | 
| [48:59] | No more bets. | 下注结束 | 
| [49:07] | And the world turns. | 世界在旋转 | 
| [49:14] | 23 RED. | 23号红 | 
| [49:17] | Not my night apparently. | 今晚运气不佳啊 | 
| [49:19] | – it’s okay, baby. – I know. | -没事的 宝贝 -我知道 | 
| [49:24] | I’ve still got you though. Right? | 我这不是还有你呢吗 | 
| [49:34] | A waste of time, that’s what this trip was. | 这次旅行根本就是浪费时间 | 
| [49:37] | There are plenty of girls– | 天涯何处无芳草 | 
| [49:38] | Plenty, who’d give their eye teeth | 片片芳草愿为我 | 
| [49:40] | For a time like I showed you– | 展露芳姿 | 
| [49:43] | Theater, champagne, fancy suppers, | 剧院 香槟 美妙的晚餐 | 
| [49:47] | $70 in a dress shop! | 还有七十美元的衣服 | 
| [49:52] | You could’ve shown a little gratitude, you know. | 你至少应该心存感激 | 
| [49:56] | “Not that kind of girl.” | 不是那样的女孩 | 
| [49:58] | What kind of girl goes away with a fella she just met, anyway? | 什么样的女孩会跟着刚认识的男人一起出来旅行 | 
| [50:03] | You can forget about that beauty pageant, | 告诉你 | 
| [50:05] | I’ll tell you that right now. | 忘了那些盛装集会吧 | 
| [50:06] | All right, enough. Quit your jabbering. | 行了 够了 闭嘴吧 | 
| [50:09] | Pull over. | 停车 | 
| [50:11] | Go on, do it. | 快点 听我的 | 
| [50:28] | You wanna kiss me? Go ahead. | 你想亲我是吗 来吧 | 
| [50:31] | You bet I do. | 我当然想 | 
| [50:36] | Go on, unbutton your trousers. | 继续 解开裤子 |