英文名称:Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
年代:2017
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:13] | Burn them! Burn them! Burn them! | 烧掉 烧掉 烧掉 |
[01:41] | I’d like to remind you that I came here voluntarily. | 我想提醒你 我是自愿来这的 |
[01:44] | No, you came here because your superiors will fire you… | 不 你来这是因为除非我阻止 |
[01:47] | unless I tell them to do otherwise. | 不然你的上级就会炒了你 |
[01:51] | As you know, | 如你所知 |
[01:52] | we are reviewing your handling of Wonder Woman… | 由于目前的争议 我们在审核你对 |
[01:55] | given the current controversy. | 神奇女侠的处理 |
[01:57] | You’re gonna give her to someone else? | 你们要把她交给别人吗 |
[02:00] | She’s a smash success because of me. I created her. | 她的巨大成功都是因为我 我创造了她 |
[02:04] | Dr. Marston, Wonder Woman has drawn criticism… | 马斯顿博士 神奇女侠因为内容涉及大量 |
[02:07] | for being full of depictions of bondage… | 捆绑 打屁股 折磨 同性恋 |
[02:10] | spanking, torture, homosexuality, | 与其它 变态性行为 |
[02:12] | and other sex perversions. | 受到批评 |
[02:14] | Would you say that’s a fair assessment of your work? | 你认为对你作品的这种评价公正吗 |
[02:17] | I can see how people with | 我能理解 |
[02:19] | a fairly limited understanding of my work… | 对我的作品丝毫不了解的人 |
[02:20] | could arrive at these simplistic descriptions. | 可能得出 这样简单的结论 |
[02:23] | They’d be wrong, of course. | 当然 他们错了 |
[02:26] | Would you care to explain yourself? | 你能解释一下你的话吗 |
[02:36] | Are you normal? | 你正常吗 |
[02:43] | What is normal? | 什么是正常 |
[02:51] | Psychology is a young science at Harvard… | 心理学在哈佛大学是门 新兴的科学 |
[02:54] | and here at our sister school, | 在我们这所姊妹校 |
[02:56] | Radcliffe, with you fine young ladies… | 拉德克利夫 同你们这些年轻小姐一道 |
[02:58] | we have only just now | 我们才刚刚 |
[02:59] | broken away from the philosophy department… | 从哲学系拆分出来 |
[03:01] | into our very own distinct field of study. | 进入我们自身的 学术领域 |
[03:04] | Emotion’s what we will be studying this semester… | 我们本学期 学习的内容是感情 |
[03:07] | specifically | 尤其是 |
[03:09] | as it relates to deception. | 它与欺骗的关系 |
[03:14] | I’ve invented a model of human emotion… | 我创建了人类感情的一套模型 |
[03:16] | which will guide us through our investigation. | 我们的探索将围绕其展开 |
[03:20] | DISC theory. | DISC理论 |
[03:22] | I will be testing my theory on you. | 我将在你们身上实验我的 理论 |
[03:27] | I make a vow to you all | 我发誓 |
[03:28] | to discover the truth of who we are. | 你们都会探索出 自身的真相 |
[03:33] | And I look forward to undertaking this | 我期待与你们一起 |
[03:34] | adventure with you all. | 踏上这场冒险 |
[03:40] | And students who wish to volunteer to help assist me… | 如果 有学生自愿帮助我 |
[03:43] | and my notable associate and wife, | 和我著名的助手兼妻子 |
[03:45] | Mrs. Elizabeth Marston, please… | 伊丽莎白·马斯顿女士的 |
[03:47] | add your names to the sign-up sheet, thank you. | 请在登记表上签名 谢谢 |
[03:54] | Dean is insisting we give him receipts again. | 迪安又坚持要我们给他收据 |
[03:57] | I don’t know why he doesn’t go work in a bank. | 我不知道他为什么不去银行工作 |
[03:59] | The cocksuckers denied me again. | 那个混蛋又拒绝了我 |
[04:04] | I’m smarter, more rigorous, more accomplished | 比起部里所谓的”男人” |
[04:08] | than any of the so-called “Men” In this department. | 我更聪明 更严谨 也更有能力 |
[04:11] | They will issue you a degree from Radcliffe. | 他们会给你颁发拉德克利夫的学位 |
[04:14] | That degree is a load of horseshit. You know it. | 那个学位就是一坨狗屎 你清楚的 |
[04:16] | It is not. It is taught by the same professors, | 才不是 由同样的教授所教 |
[04:19] | it has the same standards. | 拥有同样的标准 |
[04:21] | Precisely. If it is the same work… | 正是 如果都是一样的 |
[04:23] | then why can I not receive a PhD from Harvard? | 那我为什么不能得到哈佛的博士学位 |
[04:25] | – Because I have a vagina? – Elizabeth. | – 就因为我有个女人 – 伊丽莎白 |
[04:29] | Where did you hide the liquor? | 你把酒藏哪了 |
[04:51] | We will make a great discovery. | 我们要做一番大事业 |
[04:54] | We will make a great discovery… | 我们要做一番大事业 |
[04:56] | and then they will be forced to acknowledge us. | 这样他们就不得不承认我们 |
[05:00] | You are very brilliant. | 你真是太出色了 |
[05:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:04] | Smarter than me. | 比我聪明 |
[05:07] | I know that too. | 我也知道 |
[05:21] | Dear, we… We can’t fuck in the laboratory like animals. | 亲爱的 我们 我们不能在实验室里像动物一样做 |
[05:24] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[05:30] | I’m going to resubmit my application. | 我要复交我的申请 |
[05:32] | I’m taking it all the way to the board of trustees this time. | 我这次要一直交到理事会去 |
[05:44] | I’d appreciate it if you stop drooling. | 你能不能别流口水了 |
[05:49] | She signed up to assist us. Her application was first-rate. | 她自愿要协助我们 她的申请是顶尖的 |
[05:53] | Look at the boys and girls circling. | 看那些打转的男孩女孩 |
[05:55] | He’s gonna do it. | 他要上了 |
[05:59] | Her beauty gives her an advantage over the other girls. | 她的美貌让她比其他姑娘更有优势 |
[06:02] | No, you can’t be serious. Her beauty? | 不 你不是认真的吧 她的美貌 |
[06:05] | – Beauty is an albatross. – Ha. | – 美貌是种阻碍 – 哈 |
[06:07] | No, she’s at war right now. | 不 她卷入一场战争中了 |
[06:10] | See? Watch how she averts her eyes. | 看 她转开眼神的方式 |
[06:12] | If she makes eye contact with that boy for too long… | 如果她和那个男生 有过长的眼神接触 |
[06:15] | he will misunderstand and think she’s interested in him… | 他就会误认为她对他有兴趣 |
[06:17] | and then when she | 之后当她 |
[06:19] | invariably rejects his advances… | 无可避免地拒绝他的时候 |
[06:22] | he’ll think that she’s a slut. | 他就会认为 她是个荡妇 |
[06:25] | Meanwhile, the blond girl next to her | 同时 那个她旁边的金发姑娘就 |
[06:27] | fancies the same boy. | 喜欢那个男孩 |
[06:30] | Oh, the blond girl | 哦 那金发姑娘 |
[06:31] | hates our girl with a passion… | 冲动地恨着我们这个姑娘 |
[06:34] | so fierce she can barely sit there. | 感情 如此凶猛简直让她坐不住 |
[06:38] | But they both have to… | 但他们 还都不得不 |
[06:41] | sit there, and smile, and pretend… | 坐在那 微笑 伪装 |
[06:46] | because that’s the life they’ve chosen. | 因为那是她们选择的生活 |
[06:50] | And what have you chosen? | 那你选择了什么 |
[06:53] | I’ve chosen you. | 我选择了你 |
[06:59] | I want to study her. | 我想研究她 |
[07:01] | She’ll break your heart… | 她会伤透你的心的 |
[07:04] | leave you eviscerated | 只留一具空壳 |
[07:05] | in a pile of your own expended semen and bile. | 溺在 你自己的体液和苦水中 |
[07:09] | Oh, please, dear, the hyperbole. | 别这样 亲爱的 太夸张了 |
[07:11] | Ha-ha. It wouldn’t be her fault either. | 哈哈 那也不是她的错 |
[07:13] | She’ll just be surviving, | 她只是求生存 |
[07:15] | like an animal in the jungle. | 如用丛林中的动物 |
[07:17] | They’re given fur and claws and teeth to survive. | 它们生来就有皮毛 利爪 尖牙来生存 |
[07:24] | Well, then, do it. | 好吧 做吧 |
[07:27] | You won’t be jealous? | 你不会嫉妒吗 |
[07:29] | No, I don’t experience sexual jealousy. | 不 我没有性方面的嫉妒感 |
[07:33] | Who am I to fight nature? | 我何必与自然过不去 |
[07:35] | I’m your wife, not your jailer. | 我是你妻子 不是你的狱卒 |
[08:01] | It’s a lie detector. | 这是台测谎仪 |
[08:03] | Or it would be, if we could get it to work. | 或者说我们能让它运转的话 它就会是 |
[08:06] | Right now it’s just a pile of crap. | 现在它只是一堆垃圾 |
[08:09] | I’m Olive Byrne, the new teacher’s assistant. | 我是奥利弗·拜恩 新的助教 |
[08:13] | Yes. | 知道了 |
[08:16] | Why doesn’t it work? | 为什么它不能运转 |
[08:18] | Uh… | 呃 |
[08:20] | Can’t determine what exactly to measure. | 不能决定测量的对象 |
[08:21] | We need a physiological unit of analysis. | 我们需要供心理学分析的单位 |
[08:25] | Should I call you Professor Marston as well? | 我也叫你马斯顿教授吗 |
[08:27] | Mm. Possibly, if Harvard would give me a fucking PhD. | 嗯 可能吧 如果哈佛把他妈的博士学位发我的话 |
[08:30] | – Sorry? – Your duties are to assist… | – 甚么 – 你的职责是协助 |
[08:31] | me and my husband with our research. | 我和我丈夫完成我们的研究 |
[08:34] | We keep our papers in the filing cabinet along the wall. | 我们把我们的文章放在靠墙的文件柜里 |
[08:37] | Please familiarize yourself with our | 请你自行熟悉我们 |
[08:38] | current research notes. | 目前的研究笔记 |
[08:40] | Do you have any questions? | 你有什么问题吗 |
[08:41] | I have many, but I’m sure I’ll manage. | 有很多 但我想我能搞懂 |
[08:43] | Oh, and if you fuck my husband, I’ll kill you. | 哦 如果你上了我丈夫 我就杀了你 |
[08:48] | – Excuse me? – Heh. | – 什么 – 呵 |
[08:50] | Look, | 听着 |
[08:51] | I feel sorry for you. | 我替你 遗憾 |
[08:53] | No, really, I… | 不 说真的 我 |
[08:55] | I do, it’s not your fault. It’s, um, | 我真这么想 不是你的错 |
[08:58] | your beauty, it’s like a… | 你的美貌 就像是 |
[09:00] | Well, it’s like a handicap. | 就像是一种残疾 |
[09:01] | It’s like having three legs or something. | 就像有三条腿之类的 |
[09:04] | – Mrs. Marston, I… – No, there’s no need to be defensive. | – 马斯顿女士 我 – 不 没必要有防卫心 |
[09:07] | I’m just asking you the | 我只是请你 |
[09:08] | courtesy of please not fucking my husband. | 帮个忙 就是不要上我丈夫 |
[09:11] | Can you do that for me? | 你能做到吗 |
[09:16] | Yes. | 可以 |
[09:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:21] | Now, if you wouldn’t mind, | 现在 如果你不介意 |
[09:23] | Professor Marston and I like to have | 马斯顿教授和我 |
[09:25] | coffee in the afternoon. | 下午要喝咖啡 |
[09:26] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:38] | gracious lady… | 华美的女士 |
[09:40] | the fairest of all the virgins who live on Mount Olympus. | 奥林匹斯山上最美的女性 |
[09:44] | This is for you, dear lady… | 这献给你 亲爱的女士 |
[09:47] | Diana the huntress, Diana the pure. | 女猎手戴安娜 纯洁的戴安娜 |
[09:50] | I’ve plotted this garden for you, gracious goddess… | 我替你种下这片花园 华美的女神 |
[09:54] | A meadow where no shepherd brings flocks to graze… | 没有牧羊人敢领羊群穿行的草甸 |
[10:06] | Sorry to interrupt. I’m Olive Byrne, the new teacher’s assistant. | 抱歉打扰了 我是奥利弗·拜恩 新助教 |
[10:10] | Yes, hello. | 啊 你好 |
[10:13] | Uh, Mrs. Marston said you liked coffee in the afternoon. | 马斯顿女士说您下午要喝咖啡 |
[10:16] | Oh, good. You met my wife. | 哦 好 你见过我妻子了 |
[10:19] | – Yes. – Please, sit. | – 是的 – 请坐 |
[10:21] | Oh, no, I really should get back to… | 哦 不 我该回去了 |
[10:22] | No, no, no, please. Sit. | 不不不 请坐吧 |
[10:30] | Well, I’m very glad you could join us. | 我很高兴你能加入我们 |
[10:34] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[10:36] | Yes. | 没事 |
[10:38] | So tell me a little about yourself. | 那么 和我讲讲你自己吧 |
[10:42] | Uh, I’m afraid there’s not much to tell, really. | 呃 恐怕没什么好讲的 真的 |
[10:47] | You’re engaged. | 你订婚了 |
[10:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:52] | So, what makes you interested in the field of psychology? | 那 你为什么对心理学领域感兴趣 |
[10:56] | Uh, I don’t know, I… | 呃 我不知道 我 |
[11:00] | The girls, | 那些女生 |
[11:02] | my sorority sisters they, uh, | 我姐妹会的人 她们 |
[11:04] | said your lectures were interesting, and it… | 说你的课很有意思 而且 |
[11:08] | – What? – Fit in my schedule. | – 什么 – 合我的时间表 |
[11:14] | I find the human mind fascinating. I… | 我认为人的思维令人着迷 我 |
[11:20] | I’m sorry. I don’t think this was the best idea. | 不好意思 我不认为这是个好主意 |
[11:24] | – What is? – I don’t know why… | – 什么 – 我不知道 |
[11:25] | she would say such awful things. | 为什么她会说这么糟糕的话 |
[11:29] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[11:33] | But you said you had no sexual jealousy. | 你说过你没性上的嫉妒 |
[11:35] | But I do have professional jealousy, | 但我有职业上的嫉妒 |
[11:37] | and the work that we’re doing right now… | 而且我们现在做的工作 |
[11:39] | well, it’s critical, I can’t have you panting after some coed. | 很重要 我不能容你搞女学生 |
[11:42] | – Before, you said it was all right. – I changed my mind. | – 之前你说没事的 – 我改主意了 |
[11:45] | If you desperately want to understand | 如果你如此渴望 |
[11:47] | the mind of a woman, you can start with that. | 理解女人的思想 先从这个开始吧 |
[11:49] | You made the poor girl cry, Elizabeth. | 你惹那可怜的姑娘哭了 伊丽莎白 |
[11:57] | When I asked you not to fuck my husband… | 我请你 不要上我丈夫的时候 |
[12:02] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you. | 我很抱歉 我不是想侮辱你 |
[12:05] | I’ve done nothing. | 我什么都没做 |
[12:07] | – No, I know, you’re right. – I just don’t know why women | – 我知道 你没错 – 我只是不知道为什么女人 |
[12:09] | and men… | 和男人 |
[12:12] | That’s why I wanted to work for you both… | 那也是我想为你们你们工作 |
[12:13] | because I thought you could tell me why. | 因为我认为你们能告诉我是为什么 |
[12:16] | I never do anything, and yet, nobody sees me or… | 我什么都没做 依旧 没人能看到或 |
[12:19] | hears me. It’s just all noise and hostility and lies. | 听到我 只有嘈杂 敌意和谎言 |
[12:23] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:24] | I didn’t mean to upset you. | 我没想惹哭你 |
[12:26] | I wanna learn. | 我想学习 |
[12:27] | I admire you, I… | 我崇敬你 我 |
[12:29] | read your paper on the | 读过你的论文 |
[12:30] | correlation of color and emotional states. | 色彩与情感状态的关系 |
[12:32] | You read my paper? | 你读过我的论文 |
[12:33] | It’s criminal that they will not give you a degree. | 他们不肯授你学位简直是犯罪 |
[12:35] | You know, you don’t need to feed me a line. | 你不用编一套词来哄我 |
[12:37] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[12:39] | God, what is wrong with you? | 天啊 你到底有什么毛病 |
[12:41] | She’s neurotic, also compulsive. | 她既神经质 又控制不了 |
[12:43] | I’d say that’s accurate. | 这么形容应该准确 |
[12:48] | Would it be possible to get some whiskey with this? | 我们能喝点威士忌吗 |
[12:51] | It’s illegal. | 那是违法的 |
[12:55] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[12:57] | Where? | 去哪 |
[12:58] | How are you going to learn anything at all | 如果你没拒绝好好生活 |
[13:00] | about life if you refuse to live it? | 那关于生活你能学到什么 |
[13:08] | Oh, no, darling, I have to disagree with you. | 哦 不 亲爱的 我不同意你说的 |
[13:11] | – Oh, surprise, surprise. – No, Freud is full of shit. | – 哦 我真意外啊 – 不 弗洛伊德都是狗屁 |
[13:15] | No. What would I want with a penis? | 不 我要鸡鸡干嘛 |
[13:18] | Seriously, it would be exhausting to have one organ… | 说真的 要长一个器官时时刻刻 |
[13:20] | constantly directing the course of your life. | 指向你生命的追求就太累了 |
[13:22] | Olive, do you want a penis? | 奥利弗 你想要鸡鸡吗 |
[13:25] | – No. – Do you think that you have penis envy? | – 不 – 你认为你有鸡鸡嫉妒吗 |
[13:28] | I don’t understand what that means, sorry. | 我不知道那是什么意思 抱歉 |
[13:30] | Will you stop apologizing? | 你能不能别道歉了 |
[13:31] | Do you know how many times a minute you apologize? | 你知道你一分钟 要道歉几次吗 |
[13:34] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:35] | Elizabeth, peach, penis envy is figurative. | 伊丽莎白 亲爱的 鸡鸡嫉妒是种比喻 |
[13:38] | It means a woman experiences | 它表示一种女性经历着的 |
[13:39] | an envy of the male position in the world. | 一种对男性在世界上的地位的嫉妒 |
[13:41] | His dominance. His ability | 他的统治 他的能力 |
[13:43] | to penetrate not just the woman, but… | 不仅能插入女人 而且 |
[13:46] | – life. – Oh, penetrate life? | – 生活亦然 – 哦 插入生活 |
[13:48] | – Yes. – Well, that’s very interesting. | – 对 – 嗯 那就很有意思了 |
[13:50] | – You should’ve read the book. – You do not think I… | – 你应该读他的书 – 你不认为我 |
[13:52] | Then perhaps I do have it. | 我可能确实有 |
[13:54] | I do envy men’s position in life, | 我确实嫉妒男性在生活中的地位 |
[13:56] | their physical strength, their entitlement. | 他们的强韧体力 他们的权力 |
[13:59] | My aunt said, “A woman must not be told… | 我的姑妈说 “一个女人不该被告知 |
[14:01] | how to use her freedom she must find out for herself.” | 怎样使用她的自由 她必须自己找到方法” |
[14:04] | Your aunt, my dear, is quoting Margaret Sanger. | 你姑妈 亲爱的 在引用玛格丽特·桑格 |
[14:09] | My aunt is Margaret Sanger. | 我姑妈就是玛格丽特·桑格 |
[14:13] | – The Margaret Sanger? – I don’t know her very well. | – 那个玛格丽特·桑格 – 我和她不怎么熟 |
[14:17] | My mother and her… | 我认为我母亲和她 |
[14:18] | There are sore feelings, I think. | 应该有不快的旧事 |
[14:20] | Are you joking? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[14:22] | Your mother is Ethel Byrne? | 你母亲是埃塞尔·拜恩 |
[14:24] | We were very active in the fight for women’s suffrage. | 我们积极地参与过为女性选举权的斗争 |
[14:26] | When she did her hunger strike | 她为避孕 |
[14:28] | for birth control, we rallied in her support. | 绝食抗议时 我们都去为她加油 |
[14:31] | I didn’t grow up with my mother. | 我不是 我母亲带大的 |
[14:33] | She, uh, left and I was put in a convent school. | 她 呃 离开了 我被送到修道院学校 |
[14:36] | – What, she abandoned you? – My father was a drunk… | – 什么 她把你抛弃了吗 – 我的父亲是个醉鬼 |
[14:39] | and wouldn’t divorce her, and she had to earn a living… | 不肯和她离婚 而她必须赚钱生存 |
[14:42] | and she had the movement to think of. | 而且她还有那些运动要考虑 |
[14:46] | So, what you’re saying is, | 那 你说的是 |
[14:48] | you are descended from two of the most | 你是世界上最著名的 |
[14:50] | famous radical feminists in the world… | 两个激进女权者的后辈 |
[14:52] | and yet you were raised by nuns? | 而你 却被修女养大的 |
[14:58] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:00] | I thought you were just a… | 我以为你只是个 |
[15:02] | What? | 什么 |
[15:05] | I don’t know, not that. | 我不知道 不是那样 |
[15:13] | So | 那么 |
[15:14] | will you stay? | 你能留下吗 |
[15:17] | – Hmm. – Will you join us? | – 呃 – 你能加入我们吗 |
[15:21] | – Yes. – Yes! Wonderful. | – 好的 – 好 太棒了 |
[15:28] | Dominance, inducement, submission… | 支配 诱导 臣服 |
[15:32] | and compliance. | 还有屈从 |
[15:34] | All human relationships break down into the interplay… | 所有人类的关系归根结底都可以 |
[15:37] | between these categories of emotion. | 归入这些情感分类中 |
[15:39] | A person is most happy | 一个人最开心的时候是 |
[15:41] | when they are submissive to a loving authority. | 他们臣服于所爱的权威之时 |
[15:43] | It is essential that a | 重要的是 |
[15:45] | person submits to an authority willingly… | 人是自愿臣服于权威的 |
[15:47] | that it is their idea. | 是他们自身的想法 |
[15:50] | We get into trouble when people | 当人们感到 |
[15:51] | feel forced to do something, they don’t want to do, | 被迫做自己不想做的 就有麻烦了 |
[15:54] | and that is merely compliance. | 那 只不过是 屈从 |
[15:57] | People who comply instead of submit… | 屈从而非臣服的人 |
[15:59] | are unhappy and repressed… | 是不幸 而压抑的 |
[16:03] | and this can lead to resentment. | 这就导致憎恨的产生 |
[16:04] | Taken to its extremes… | 这种情感到极点 |
[16:06] | it can lead to crime, war, fascism. | 就会导致犯罪 战争 法西斯主义 |
[16:09] | How do you avoid compliance? It seems like… | 如何能避免屈从 看上去 |
[16:11] | – that is built into most situations. – Inducement. | – 它在多数情景下都是固有的 – 诱导 |
[16:14] | Inducement is the act of | 诱导的是一种 |
[16:16] | seducing somebody to your way of thinking… | 引诱某人采用你思考的角度 |
[16:18] | dominating them so completely… | 如此完全地支配他们 |
[16:20] | that what you want is what they want… | 你想要的 就是他们想要的 |
[16:23] | and they love giving it to you… | 而他们迫切想要献给你 |
[16:25] | and that, ladies, is the key to life, to love, to happiness… | 那 女士们 就是通往人生 爱情 幸福 |
[16:29] | to peace. | 还有和平的钥匙 |
[16:30] | Women are better at inducement than men. | 女性比男性更擅长诱导 |
[16:43] | Are you all right, Dr. Marston? | 你没事吧 马斯顿博士 |
[16:47] | Yes, I’m fine, thank you. | 我没事 谢谢你 |
[16:51] | And how did you develop this DISC theory? | 你怎么想出这套DISC理论的 |
[16:55] | Well, I started to observe student life. | 我开始观察学生的生活 |
[16:59] | Mating rituals and the like. | 求偶以及类似行为 |
[17:02] | We gather here together | 我们聚在这里 |
[17:08] | Can’t believe I let you talk me into this. | 我不敢相信让你说服了 |
[17:10] | It’s research. | 这是研究 |
[17:11] | You’re not allowed to be here. | 你不该到这来的 |
[17:13] | I could get kicked out of the house. | 我可能会被赶出去的 |
[17:14] | They’re dressed as babies. Ha-ha. | 他们打扮的和宝宝一样 哈哈 |
[17:17] | We’re gonna be fine. | 我们会好好的 |
[17:18] | If you’re all supposed to be babies… | 如果你们要当宝宝 |
[17:20] | then do you also have to wear the diapers? | 那是不是你也要带尿布 |
[17:22] | – Please don’t. – Should we stay here or go over there? | – 别这样 – 我们应该呆在这还是过那边去 |
[17:25] | Please, please stay here. Please. | 求你们呆在这 求你们了 |
[17:27] | – Just stay here. – Okay. We’ll stay here. We’ll stay. | – 就呆在这 – 好的 我们就在这 |
[17:31] | I for you | 我为你 |
[17:34] | And you for me | 你为我 |
[17:36] | We are here for one another | 大家为大家 |
[17:41] | And together we can fly | 一起共翱翔 |
[17:47] | We stand by one another | 我们站在一起 |
[17:52] | At Alpha Omicron Pi | 就在AOP |
[17:58] | Welcome, pledges… | 欢迎你们 受验人 |
[18:00] | to the AO Pi Annual Baby Party. | 来到AOP年度宝宝派对 |
[18:04] | Pledges, you will now pair off | 受验人 现在 |
[18:05] | with your assigned big sisters. | 和你们指定的大姐结对 |
[18:09] | Pledge Master Olive. | 考验人奥利弗 |
[18:27] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[18:28] | Honestly, I don’t get all this. | 说真的 我不明白这些 |
[18:30] | – It’s just for fun. – Are you back-talking… | – 就是为了好玩 – 你在说闲话吗 |
[18:33] | – Pledge Sara? – No. | – 受验人莎拉 – 没有 |
[18:34] | You aren’t to speak unless you are spoken to. | 你只准应答 不准开口 |
[18:37] | – I realize that. I just… – Pledge Master Olive… | – 我明白 我只是 – 考验人奥利弗 |
[18:41] | discipline your charge. | 施以调教 |
[19:01] | Pledge Sara, | 受验人莎拉 |
[19:04] | on your knees. | 跪下 |
[19:26] | Come on. | 过来 |
[19:48] | Harder. | 用力 |
[19:51] | She’s a baby and needs to be punished. | 她还是个宝宝 应当受罚 |
[20:01] | Twenty. | 二十 |
[21:29] | Stop. | 停手 |
[21:33] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[21:35] | Thank you, Pledge Master Olive. | 谢谢你 考验人奥利弗 |
[21:46] | – I don’t wanna talk about it. – Well, how’d it make you feel? | – 我不想谈 – 你有什么感想 |
[21:50] | She doesn’t wanna talk about it, Bill. Why harp on it? | 她不想谈这个 比尔 较什么劲 |
[21:52] | Because she is blocked. Can’t you see? | 因为她阻塞了 你看不出吗 |
[21:55] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:57] | How did it make you feel? | 你有 什么感想 |
[21:59] | – I’m the one asking the questions. – Oh, why should that be? | – 我是那个问问题的 – 哦 为什么非要那样 |
[22:04] | Go ahead, ask him questions. | 去吧 问他问题 |
[22:08] | How did it make you feel? | 你有什么感想 |
[22:12] | How did what make me feel? | 我有什么感想 |
[22:17] | Watching me spank that girl. | 看我打那个姑娘的屁股 |
[22:22] | Excited… | 激动 |
[22:25] | repulsed… | 厌恶 |
[22:27] | nervous… | 紧张 |
[22:30] | aroused. | 性奋 |
[22:32] | But my experience as a spectator is meaningless. | 但 我作为观众的体会无关紧要 |
[22:35] | You actually participated. | 是你真正参与其中 |
[22:36] | It is your experience that is worth cataloging. | 你的体会才值得分类 |
[22:39] | How did it make you feel? | 你有什么感想 |
[22:43] | – Terrible. – What else? | – 糟糕 – 还有呢 |
[22:45] | Ashamed. | 耻辱 |
[22:48] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[22:49] | Nothing, nothing else. | 没了 没有其他了 |
[22:51] | She won’t tell you the truth. | 她没告诉你真话 |
[22:52] | Look at her. She’s practically shaking. | 看看她 她整个人都在发抖 |
[22:54] | Why the hell not? This is | 为什么她不说 这就是 |
[22:56] | the substance of what we are dealing with. | 我们打交道的实质 |
[22:58] | Because you wanting to know is perverse, Bill. | 因为你的求知是矛盾的 比尔 |
[23:01] | If you cannot actually have sex with her, | 如果你不能真正和她性交 |
[23:03] | you’ll force her to admit what? | 你又要逼她承认什么 |
[23:04] | That she experiences desire, that she was aroused? | 她感受到欲望 她性奋了吗 哦 |
[23:07] | – Oh! – Yes, exactly. | – 哦 – 对 恰恰如此 |
[23:08] | Don’t talk about me as if I were some test subject. I’m here. | 别把我当成什么实验对象来说 我就在这 |
[23:11] | Then be here. You are not still in a convent. | 那就来这 你又不是还在修道院 |
[23:17] | Stop defending her like she’s some wilting violet. | 别把她当作娇弱的花一样护着 |
[23:19] | I happen to think there might | 我认为或许最好 |
[23:20] | be value to keeping one’s thoughts to oneself. | 某人的所想只有自己知晓 |
[23:28] | Bill… | 比尔 |
[23:30] | when she lies, her… | 她撒谎的时候 她 |
[23:34] | Her voice shakes. | 她的声音颤抖 |
[23:37] | Wait, come here. | 等等 来 |
[23:42] | Her hand sweats. | 她的手出汗了 |
[23:44] | Galvanometer skin tests were too inconsistent. | 电流计的皮肤测量太不一致 |
[23:46] | Bill, her rhythmic breathing increases. | 比尔 她呼吸的节奏加快了 |
[23:49] | Benussi already exhausted that avenue. | 贝努西已经试过那条路了 |
[23:50] | Her heart beats faster. | 她的心跳 加快了 |
[23:55] | Her systolic blood pressure would rise. | 她的收缩压会上升 |
[23:57] | Her systolic blood pressure. | 她的收缩压 |
[23:59] | – You could measure that. – Oh, you could fucking measure that. | – 可以测量那个 – 哦 他妈的可以测量那个 |
[24:02] | – You could measure that. Oh, my God. – Ha-ha-ha. | – 可以测量那个 哦 老天 – 哈哈哈 |
[24:05] | – Think of it sooner… – Oh, my God. We did it! | – 早该想到的 – 哦 老天 我们做到了 |
[24:08] | The link to the lie-detector test was there the whole time. | 测谎仪要测试的对象自始至终一直就在那 |
[24:12] | It doesn’t matter what you say or what you think. | 无论你怎么说或怎么想 |
[24:16] | Your body will always betray you. | 你的身体总会背叛你 |
[24:21] | Your heart pumps a record of the truth. | 你的心跳纪录了真相 |
[25:15] | So how did the two of you meet? | 你们两个是怎么相遇的 |
[25:16] | Well, I’m in SAE, and Olive is in Alpha O, so… | 我在SAE兄弟会 奥利弗在AO姐妹会 所以 |
[25:21] | And all the fellows had their eyes on her, but | 所有追求者都盯着她 但 |
[25:24] | I quizzed Mary. | 我去找玛丽调查 |
[25:26] | Mary’s the AO social chair. | 玛丽是AO的组织委员 |
[25:27] | And she told me that Olive loved begonias… | 她告诉我奥利弗爱秋海棠 |
[25:30] | so I sent her a bouquet every day… | 所以我每天都给她送一束花 |
[25:32] | till she finally agreed to take a walk with me. | 最后她终于愿意和我一起走走 |
[25:38] | Smart man. | 聪明人 |
[25:42] | So Olive tells me you were a spy in the Great War? | 听奥利弗说你在二战时是间谍 |
[25:44] | I spent a few years in the OSS. | 我在战略情报局待了几年 |
[25:48] | I shrunk soldiers’ heads. | 我探究士兵的内心 |
[25:50] | – He’s a hero. – That war was not heroic. | – 他是个英雄 – 那场战争毫无英雄可言 |
[25:53] | The men I saw, they experienced unimaginable things. | 我看到的那些人 他们经历了难以想象的事 |
[25:57] | – I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to… – That’s all right. | – 抱歉 我不是说 – 没事的 |
[26:00] | We’re gonna fix it. | 我们会治好大家的 |
[26:02] | Path to peace is not through finance or politics… | 通往和平的道路不是经济亦非政治 |
[26:05] | it is to solve the problems of man’s heart. | 而是解决人们心中的问题 |
[26:07] | Can’t solve war by simply studying men’s feelings. | 只研究人怎么想是无法结束战争的 |
[26:10] | Of course, you’re right. | 当然 你说的对 |
[26:13] | Men’s minds are far too limited. | 男人的思想太为局限 |
[26:15] | That’s why we need women. | 那就是我们需要女人的原因 |
[26:19] | Ha-ha. Come on. | 哈哈 来吧 |
[26:22] | We’ll see if they’ll give us all a ride. | 看看他们肯不肯载我们一圈 |
[26:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:28] | – Hey, how are you? – Good, yourself? | – 嘿 你好吗 – 好 你呢 |
[26:43] | I haven’t told Brant but… | 我还没告诉布兰特 但 |
[26:45] | I’m thinking about applying | 我想申请 |
[26:46] | for the school of journalism at Columbia. | 哥伦比亚大学的新闻学院 |
[26:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:50] | Oh, well, you’ll make an excellent journalist. | 哦 你会成为一个 出色的报道者的 |
[26:53] | I’ll write you a letter of recommendation, hm? | 我给你写一封推荐信吧 |
[26:56] | – Thank you. – Mm. | – 谢谢你 – 嗯 |
[26:58] | Well, Bill and I went to grad school, law. | 比尔和我当时去上了研究生 法学的 |
[27:02] | – Is that where you met? – Oh, no. | – 那是你们相遇的地方吗 – 哦 不是 |
[27:04] | We grew up together. | 我们一起长大的 |
[27:06] | I’ve known him my entire life. | 我打出生就认识他了 |
[27:09] | I actually came here when… | 实际上我来这是在 |
[27:11] | I was 5, with my parents from the Isle of Man. | 我五岁的时候 和我的父母从马恩岛来 |
[27:14] | It’s a lovely rock between England and Ireland. | 是英格兰和爱尔兰中间一处可爱的小岛 |
[27:19] | Were you always sweethearts? | 你们一直都是恋人吗 |
[27:21] | Off and on. | 分分合合 |
[27:24] | When were you married? | 你们什么时候结婚的 |
[27:26] | He came to visit me at Mount Holyoke, and we… | 他去曼荷莲学院找我 我们就 |
[27:30] | We | 我们 |
[27:31] | argued forever about Jung’s reaction-time test… | 为荣格的反应时间测试争执不休 |
[27:34] | and then he proposed. | 之后他就求婚了 |
[27:39] | I said no. | 我没答应 |
[27:40] | – When did you say yes? – He was very determined. | – 你什么时候答应的 – 他决心太足 |
[27:43] | I said yes eventually, and then we were married. | 我终于说了愿意 之后我们就结婚了 |
[27:48] | Were you in love? | 你们相爱吗 |
[27:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:52] | Very much. | 非常相爱 |
[27:54] | What made you hesitate? | 那你为什么犹豫 |
[28:04] | I was afraid I would always be in his shadow. | 我害怕我会永远处于他的阴影之下 |
[28:08] | Then why did you say yes? | 那你为什么又答应了 |
[28:12] | Because he respects me… | 因为他尊重我 |
[28:15] | and he loves me… | 还有他爱我 |
[28:19] | and he’s never boring. | 而且他从不让人无聊 |
[28:24] | I didn’t think I’d find those things in another man. | 我不认为还能找到一个其他这样的男人了 |
[28:31] | I see you in everything you do. | 你所做的一切让我了解了你 |
[28:37] | I think you’re magnificent. | 我认为你举世无双 |
[28:53] | Aren’t they beautiful?! | 多漂亮啊 |
[29:07] | Professor Marston, are you ready? | 马斯顿教授 你准备好了吗 |
[29:09] | Yes, Mrs. Marston, I believe I am. | 是的 马斯顿夫人 我准备好了 |
[29:11] | Ms. Byrne, are you ready? | 拜恩小姐 你准备好了吗 |
[29:13] | – Yes, Mrs. Marston, I believe I am. – Very well. Right. | – 是的 马斯顿夫人 我准备好了 – 很好 |
[29:18] | Here’s to the maiden voyage of the new… | 这是全新改进后的测谎仪 |
[29:21] | and improved lie detector. | 首次 测试 |
[29:24] | Yes. | 好 |
[29:36] | Is your name… | 你的名字是 |
[29:38] | William Moulton Marston? | 威廉·莫尔顿·马斯顿 |
[29:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:44] | True. | 真 |
[29:46] | Where do you live? | 你在哪居住 |
[29:48] | Louisiana. | 路易斯安那州 |
[29:51] | True. False positive. | 真 响应为假 |
[29:53] | Who is the president of the United States? | 谁是美国总统 |
[29:56] | Babe Ruth. | 贝比·鲁斯 |
[29:59] | True. False positive. | 真 响应 为假 |
[30:05] | – It doesn’t work. – You’ve barely started. | – 没用的 – 你才刚开始 |
[30:07] | Babe Ruth is not the president. It’s not working. | 贝比·鲁斯不是总统 这东西没用 |
[30:10] | Are you sure you’ve hooked up the sphygmomanometer properly? | 你确定你血压计连的正确吗 |
[30:12] | Of course I hooked up the sphygmomanometer properly. | 我当然把血压计连对了 |
[30:15] | Double-check this charge because this | 再检查一遍电池 因为 |
[30:17] | – connection is loose. – No, leave it be, you don’t… | – 连接松了 – 不 别动 你别 |
[30:18] | Perhaps the lies need to be more meaningful. | 或许谎言需要更有意义 |
[30:23] | What? | 什么 |
[30:24] | Professor Marston is not invested in… | 马斯顿教授对他住在波士顿还是 |
[30:26] | whether or not he lives in Boston or Louisiana. | 路易斯安那州 丝毫不关心 |
[30:30] | It stands to reason his blood pressure would not go up. | 这就说明他的血压没有上升的原因 |
[30:34] | She’s right. | 她说的对 |
[30:43] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:53] | Do you love your wife? | 你爱你的妻子吗 |
[30:57] | What? | 什么 |
[31:00] | Do you love your wife? | 你爱你的妻子吗 |
[31:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:10] | True. | 真 |
[31:19] | When did you first meet Ms. Olive Byrne? | 你什么时候第一次见到奥利弗·拜恩小姐 |
[31:21] | She volunteered to work | 她三个月前 |
[31:23] | as a research assistant three months ago. | 自愿来当研究助理的时候 |
[31:27] | True. | 真 |
[31:30] | Are you in love with Olive Byrne? | 你爱上了奥利弗·拜恩吗 |
[31:41] | No. | 不 |
[31:56] | Well, I guess it works after all. | 我猜它还是起作用了 |
[32:18] | I don’t love him. | 我不爱他 |
[32:21] | – Heh. Of course you do. – No. | – 你当然爱了 – 真的 |
[32:23] | Don’t take me for a fool, Olive. | 别把我当傻瓜 奥利弗 |
[32:25] | I’m many things, but I’m not a fool. | 我是很多东西 但我绝不是傻瓜 |
[32:27] | – I know that. You’re brilliant. – Don’t you see? It’s over. | – 我知道 你很聪明 – 你看不出来吗 结束了 |
[32:31] | Whatever this is, was, it’s over. | 无论这是什么 都结束了 |
[32:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[32:43] | Get away from me. | 离我远点 |
[32:46] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 我 我很抱歉 |
[32:52] | Gather your things. I want you out of here immediately. | 收拾东西 我要你立刻 离开这里 |
[33:07] | The lie detector… | 测谎仪 |
[33:11] | it was your wife’s idea, wasn’t it? | 是你妻子的主意 是吧 |
[33:15] | – Well, the systolic-blood-pressure part. – The important part. | – 呃 收缩压的部分 – 重要的那部分 |
[33:23] | – Elizabeth? – She’s gone. | – 伊丽莎白 – 她走了 |
[33:29] | – I’m sorry if she… – I don’t wanna talk about it. | – 我抱歉她这么 – 我不想谈这个 |
[33:31] | I met her once years ago. When she was law clerking. | 我几年之前见过她一次 当时她是个法务员 |
[33:38] | Makes quite an impression. | 留下了很深的印象 |
[33:42] | Yes, she does. | 是的 她确实 |
[33:45] | You’ve incorporated the | 你把测谎仪 |
[33:46] | lie-detector test into the Wonder Woman comic… | 活用到了神奇女侠的漫画里 |
[33:49] | her Golden Lasso, it forces criminals to tell the truth. | 她的真言套索 强迫罪犯说出真话 |
[33:52] | That is correct. | 对 |
[33:53] | Why is Wonder Woman an Amazon? | 为什么神奇女侠是亚马逊人 |
[33:57] | In Greek mythology, Amazons were a | 在希腊的神话中 亚马逊是一个强大的 |
[34:00] | powerful tribe of women… | 女性部落 |
[34:01] | – who lived without men. – Without men? | – 不依靠男人生存 – 没有男人 |
[34:02] | It is important to me that young girls… | 对我来说重要的是女孩子们 |
[34:04] | realize they have the power | 能认识到她们自身有能力 |
[34:06] | within themselves to create their own destiny. | 创造出她们自己的命运 |
[34:10] | To be president of the United States if they want. | 如果想当美国总统也可以 |
[34:15] | And Wonder Woman’s catchphrase is | 而神奇女侠的咒语是 |
[34:17] | “Suffering Sappho.” | “受苦的莎孚” |
[34:22] | Sappho is a famous poet from ancient Greece. | 莎孚是一个古希腊著名的诗人 |
[34:25] | Known for her love of women. | 以对女人的爱恋闻名 |
[34:26] | It is my belief that passion and emotion… | 我的信仰 是女性之间 |
[34:29] | between women is perfectly natural. | 的情欲和情感是完全自然的 |
[34:31] | Dr. Marston, lesbianism is an emotional illness. | 马斯顿博士 女同性恋是一种情感疾病 |
[34:33] | As a doctor of psychology… | 作为心理学博士 |
[34:35] | your endorsement of this abnormal behavior… | 你对这种畸形举止的支持 |
[34:37] | in the pages of your comic is reckless. | 表现在你的漫画中 是不负责任的 |
[34:43] | May I take a break, please? | 我能休息一下吗 |
[34:45] | I need to stretch my legs. | 我得伸伸腿 |
[35:02] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你他妈在干嘛 |
[35:04] | That woman has been an enemy… | 那女人一开始就 |
[35:05] | of the Wonder Woman comic from the beginning. | 完全站在神奇女侠漫画的对立面 |
[35:07] | She’s the head of the Child Study Association of America. | 她是美国儿童研究协会的会长 |
[35:11] | Every parent in America listens to what she has to say. | 每个美国的家长都听她说的话 |
[35:15] | I told you to smooth it out. | 我告诉你打个圆场 |
[35:17] | I mean, we got politicians sniffing around this thing. | 我是说 有政客盯上这东西了 |
[35:19] | They’re talking Senate subcommittees. | 他们谋划的是参议院下属委员会 |
[35:21] | You know what that would mean to us? | 你知道那对我们意味着什么吗 |
[35:23] | You got to go in there and play ball. | 你进去好好表现 |
[35:27] | – And if I don’t? – Then I can’t protect you anymore… | – 我要是不呢 – 那我就护不了你了 |
[35:29] | or Wonder Woman. | 还有神奇女侠 |
[35:34] | You’ve been sad since she left? | 她走了以后你伤心吗 |
[35:37] | I’m not sad. | 我不伤心 |
[35:52] | Maybe I’m in love with her too. | 或许我爱上了她 |
[35:59] | Or maybe I just want her because you do. | 又或者我想要她因为你想要她 |
[36:03] | What is it that attracts you to her? | 她的什么吸引了你 |
[36:10] | She is beautiful… | 她很漂亮 |
[36:13] | guileless, kind, pure of heart. | 诚实 善良 心灵纯真 |
[36:19] | And you are brilliant… | 而你聪明 |
[36:21] | ferocious, hilarious… | 凶猛 不罢休 |
[36:25] | and a grade-A bitch. | 还有 头等难搞 |
[36:33] | Together, you are the perfect woman. | 在一起 你们就是完美的女人 |
[36:49] | Do you think it’s | 你认为 |
[36:50] | possible to love two people at the same time? | 同时爱两个人 可能吗 |
[37:06] | What we want can never happen. | 我们想要的永远无法实现 |
[37:09] | – Why not? – Because… | – 为什么不能 – 因为 |
[37:13] | the world won’t let it. | 世界不会让我们如愿 |
[37:20] | The world can’t stop us. | 世界无法阻止我们 |
[37:48] | Ms. Byrne, would you mind staying after class, please? | 拜恩小姐 你能在课后留一下吗 |
[37:59] | We’ve asked you here today because we are… | 我们今天请你来是因为 我们 |
[38:02] | Well, we are in something and, uh, | 我们出了某种状况 呃 |
[38:05] | I don’t know what it is but we are in it… | 我也不清楚是什么 但有情况 |
[38:07] | and I feel that I have | 而我感觉我 |
[38:08] | violated my raison d’etre as a psychologist… | 违背了我 作为心理学家的信条 |
[38:11] | by running from | 逃离了令我 |
[38:13] | alarming emotions… | 慌张的 情感 |
[38:15] | rather than confronting them, so here we are. | 而没有直面它们 所以我们在这里 |
[38:19] | We were thinking that we could | 我们认为我们可以 |
[38:20] | confront whatever these emotions are together. | 共同面对这些 情感 |
[38:25] | Fuck you. | 去死吧 |
[38:26] | I’m saying, I’m open to having sex with you… | 我是说 我愿意和你发生性行为 |
[38:28] | – if you’d like that, as is my husband. – I’m engaged. | – 如果你想的话 我丈夫也可以 – 我订婚了 |
[38:32] | Do you love Brant? | 你爱布兰特吗 |
[38:39] | We miss you, Olive. | 我们想你 奥利弗 |
[38:42] | – We’d like to mend fences. – Your aunt would approve. | – 我们想补救我们的关系 – 你姑妈会同意的 |
[38:45] | She believed in free love. | 她相信自由恋爱 |
[38:52] | Oh, crap. Very well. | 哦 妈的 太棒了 |
[38:55] | If you… | 如果你 |
[38:56] | If you love this Brant fellow, then… | 如果你爱这个 布兰特 那 |
[39:00] | Then we’re happy for you. Heh. | 那我们也为你开心 哈 |
[39:02] | Let’s… Let’s forget the sex part. | 我们就 忘了性交那部分吧 |
[39:04] | We can be friends, right? Let’s just all… All be… | 我们能做朋友 对吧 我们就 都 |
[39:07] | Be friends. | 做朋友好了 |
[39:18] | Yes. Oh, yeah, yeah. | 好的 哦 对 |
[39:40] | “Olive Byrne is an exceptional student, | “奥利弗·拜恩是个出类拔萃的学生 |
[39:42] | a quick study with a passion for learning. | 学习速度快 又有学习的激情 |
[39:44] | She has a strong work ethic, a keen mind… | 她工作伦理检点 心地善良 |
[39:47] | an unwavering moral compass… | 道德犹如指南针从不动摇 |
[39:50] | and a deeply instilled sense of justice.” | 还有根植于内心的正义感” |
[39:56] | There. | 给 |
[40:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:02] | Of course. | 没事的 |
[40:08] | I’m writing a book. | 我要写本书 |
[40:09] | It’ll be called the Emotions of Normal People. | 书名叫普通人的情感 |
[40:12] | I think you’re decidedly not normal. | 我认为你绝对不正常 |
[40:14] | – Ha-ha-ha. – Who’s to say? Hmm? | – 哈哈哈 – 谁来决定正常 嗯 |
[40:17] | We play a sorority game where we | 我们玩个姐妹会的游戏 |
[40:18] | guess what the other person longs for. | 我们猜另一个人渴望的是什么 |
[40:20] | Should we play? | 我们玩吗 |
[40:22] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:24] | What do I long for? | 我 渴望什么 |
[40:31] | I think you long for an unconventional life. | 我认为你渴望不拘一格的生活 |
[40:47] | How about you, Brant? What do you think Olive longs for? | 你呢 布兰特 你认为奥利弗渴望什么 |
[40:54] | I think she longs for your approval. | 我认为她渴望你的认可 |
[41:00] | What is your intention towards Olive? | 你对奥利弗 有什么意图 |
[41:02] | – I don’t understand. – I didn’t ask you. | – 我不懂你说什么 – 我没问你 |
[41:04] | I know what your intention is, you’re rather obvious. | 我知道你的意图 太明显了 |
[41:08] | What is your intention towards Olive? | 你对奥利弗有什么意图 |
[41:12] | I don’t understand the question. | 我不理解你的问题 |
[41:14] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不是个傻瓜 |
[41:15] | You’re filling her mind with perverse ideas. | 你给她灌输的都是反常的想法 |
[41:18] | Olive is a good person with | 奥利弗是个好人 |
[41:19] | a pure heart and you are trying to corrupt her. | 有着一颗纯净的心 而你想腐蚀她 |
[41:21] | You cannot corrupt somebody with ideas. | 你无法用想法腐蚀一个人 |
[41:23] | It is ignorance that is corrupting. | 是忽视才会腐蚀 |
[41:25] | Do not lecture me, professor. | 别给我上课 教授 |
[41:27] | I am not one of your students. | 我可不是你的学生 |
[41:28] | – Bill, Brant, this is unnecessary. – I am trying | – 比尔·布兰特说这些没必要 – 我努力去发现 |
[41:31] | to see what you see in them, but I’m sorry, I do not. | 你在他们身上发现的 但抱歉 我做不到 |
[41:34] | – They’re my friends. – They’re reprobate. | – 他们是我的朋友 – 他们是堕落的人 |
[41:38] | Don’t you see that? | 你看不清吗 |
[41:39] | Look, Olive is not a child, you can’t control her. | 听着 奥利弗不是孩子了 你不能控制她 |
[41:42] | You can’t stick a ring on her | 你不能给她套枚戒指 |
[41:44] | finger and put her in a box for your mantel… | 然后把她藏到你的外壳里 |
[41:45] | A good little woman behind her little man. | 一个小男人身后温顺的小女人 |
[41:47] | – I love her. – Oh… | – 我爱她 – 哦 |
[41:49] | And I will fight for her. | 我会为她而战 |
[41:52] | Brant, please? | 布兰特 求你了 |
[41:56] | Olive and I are to be married, | 奥利弗和我就要结婚了 |
[41:58] | so as her future husband I would appreciate it | 作为她未来的丈夫 我希望 |
[42:00] | if you would confine your relationship… | 你们的关系仅限于 |
[42:02] | – to the classroom. – Is this what you want? | – 在课堂上 – 你就想这样是吧 |
[42:08] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[42:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[43:06] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[43:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:18] | What is your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[43:20] | Olive Byrne. | 奥利弗·拜恩 |
[43:23] | That is correct. How old are you? | 真话 你的年龄是 |
[43:25] | Twenty-two. | 22岁 |
[43:29] | That is true. | 真话 |
[43:32] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这里 |
[43:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:36] | That is true. | 真话 |
[43:38] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[43:43] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:48] | That is a lie. | 谎话 |
[43:53] | Are you in love with Brant? | 你爱布兰特吗 |
[43:55] | Yes. | 爱 |
[44:00] | That is a lie. | 谎话 |
[44:06] | Are you in love with me? | 你爱我吗 |
[44:12] | No. | 不 |
[44:24] | Are you in love with Elizabeth? | 你爱伊丽莎白吗 |
[44:30] | No. | 不 |
[44:43] | Do you want to have sex with me? | 你想和我做爱吗 |
[44:49] | No. | 不 |
[44:57] | Do you want to have sex with Elizabeth? | 你想和伊丽莎白做爱吗 |
[45:09] | No. | 不 |
[45:31] | Well? | 喔 |
[45:36] | – Well, what? – What do you have to say to that? | – 喔什么 – 对这你有什么要说的 |
[45:46] | I’m flattered, I suppose. | 我应该是受宠若惊吧 |
[45:48] | For fuck’s sake, Elizabeth. What do you want? | 天啊 伊丽莎白 你想要什么 |
[45:51] | One can want a great many things, | 一个人想要的事有很多 |
[45:53] | it doesn’t mean they’re going to happen. | 那不代表那些事都会发生 |
[46:09] | Olive. | 奥利弗 |
[46:11] | Olive. | 奥利弗 |
[46:13] | Olive, wait. | 奥利弗 等等 |
[46:24] | I don’t know why I let you bait me like this. | 我不知道我为什么让你这么吊着我 |
[46:27] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[46:29] | I hate you with all of my heart. | 我从心底恨你 |
[51:18] | Love leaders. | 爱领导者 |
[51:19] | If the nature of men is inherently | 如果男人的天性是暴力 |
[51:22] | violent and anarchistic | 和不服从管制 |
[51:25] | and the nature of women is | 而女人的天性 |
[51:26] | inherently loving and nurturing… | 是爱和养育 |
[51:30] | then shouldn’t women be the ones to rule the world? | 那么 不应该由女性来统治世界吗 |
[51:35] | Wouldn’t that be a more reasonable choice? | 那不是更合理的选择吗 |
[51:44] | But be warned, ladies. | 但小心了 小姐们 |
[51:46] | We men will not give up our power without a fight. | 我们男人不经历战斗是不会放弃权力的 |
[51:57] | I wasn’t expecting you until later. | 我以为你等下才会来呢 |
[52:02] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[52:05] | Everybody knows, Olive. | 每个人都知道了 奥利弗 |
[52:10] | You haven’t even bothered being discreet. | 你甚至都没想着要遮掩 |
[52:17] | – I don’t know what… – Please. | – 我不知道 – 求你了 |
[52:20] | I could ask you to stop seeing them again… | 我可以再请求你不再见他们 |
[52:25] | but I know that you will not. | 但我知道你不会那么做 |
[53:07] | We’ve been fired. | 我们被炒了 |
[53:16] | I want to be with you. | 我想和你们在一起 |
[53:17] | – I want to be with both of you. – Yes. | – 我想和你们两个在一起 – 好 |
[53:20] | – Yes. – Are you both insane? | – 好 – 你们俩疯了吗 |
[53:22] | Do you not realize what has happened? | 你们没意识到发生了什么吗 |
[53:24] | We are ruined. All of us. | 我们全完了 所有人 |
[53:27] | You will not be able to marry. | 你不能再嫁人了 |
[53:28] | You will not be able to teach. | 你不能再教书了 |
[53:30] | I will not be able to do anything. | 我什么都做不成了 |
[53:32] | What kind of a world do you think we’re living in? | 你认为我们生活的是怎样的一个世界 |
[53:33] | We are in love. | 我们相爱着 |
[53:35] | We cannot be in love. | 我们 不能 相爱了 |
[53:37] | – It’s unorthodox, sure, but it’s… – It’s preposterous. | – 这是违反常规 当然 但是 – 这太荒谬了 |
[53:40] | It is a fantasy, and we have to live in reality. | 那是个幻想 而我们不得不活在现实当中 |
[53:45] | And in this world and these lives, love… | 在这个世界 在这群人中 爱 |
[53:50] | it doesn’t matter. | 根本不重要 |
[53:52] | I don’t believe that. | 我不相信 |
[53:54] | Well, then you’re a fool. | 那你就是个傻瓜 |
[53:56] | A stupid, simpering dilettante. | 一个愚不可及 头脑简单的蠢货 |
[54:04] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[54:09] | Dr. Marston? | 马斯顿博士 |
[54:14] | – Sorry. What? – You were saying that Wonder Woman… | – 不好意思 什么 – 你说神奇女侠 |
[54:16] | leaves Paradise Island and enters man’s world. | 离开天堂岛进入了人的世界 |
[54:19] | That’s what you call it, right? Man’s world. | 你是这么称呼的吧 人的世界 |
[54:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[54:28] | We don’t even have enough money to pay for the electricity. | 我们的钱连电费都不够付 |
[54:30] | We still have some money coming in from my book sales. | 我们还有我卖的书的进账 |
[54:32] | Oh, all five of them? | 哦 五本都有吗 |
[54:36] | I’m sorry, dear, | 不好意思 亲爱的 |
[54:37] | but nobody gives a shit about DISC theory. | 但没人在乎DISC理论 |
[54:43] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[54:44] | You’re here now. You can pull your weight. | 你住这里 你也能出点力 |
[54:45] | – She’s pregnant. – Obviously. | – 她怀孕了 – 多明显啊 |
[54:48] | – You said it was all right if I stayed. – As if I had a choice. | – 你说我可以住在这里 – 好像我有选择一样 |
[54:51] | – Then I’ll go. – No. | – 那我就走 – 别 |
[54:52] | What about your famous feminist aunt? She’s rich. | 你那个著名的女权姑妈呢 她有钱 |
[54:57] | She’s worried that any association with our situation… | 她担心 与我们的现状有任何联系 |
[55:00] | would be bad for the movement. | 对运动的影响不好 |
[55:04] | What a bitch. | 真是婊子 |
[55:08] | I read in the paper the Keelers are making money… | 我在报纸上读到基勒卖测谎仪 |
[55:10] | selling the lie-detector machine. | 赚了不少钱 |
[55:12] | Perhaps we could do the same. | 或许我们也应该这么做 |
[55:14] | That’s an excellent idea, Olive. | 多棒的主意啊 奥利弗 |
[55:15] | Perhaps Bill should have patented it. | 或许比尔早该申请专利的 |
[55:17] | Science is for everybody, for the greater good. | 科学是为所有人服务 为了大众的福祉 |
[55:20] | I was right to publish. | 我决定发表是对的 |
[55:22] | The greater good won’t feed your child. | 大众的福祉没法喂饱你的孩子 |
[55:24] | It’s your child also. | 那也是你的孩子 |
[55:25] | – You’d be responsible too if you… – What? Had a click? | – 你也应该负责 如果你 – 什么 有鸡鸡吗 |
[55:28] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我什么意思 |
[55:48] | Olive. | 奥利弗 |
[56:30] | – How many words a minute do you type? – Seventy-five. | – 一分钟你能打多少字 – 75个 |
[56:32] | – Can you take dictation? – Well, I can learn. | – 你能速记吗 – 我可以学 |
[56:35] | It’s just that there are spurious rumors out there… | 只是外界有很多虚假的传言 |
[56:38] | maligning my reputation. | 污蔑我的名声 |
[56:40] | There has been talk of some | 确实 存在传言有关 |
[56:42] | improprieties while you were at Radcliffe. | 你在拉德克利夫的不当行为 |
[56:44] | You have a degree in law from Boston University… | 你有一个波士顿大学的法律学位 |
[56:47] | and a master’s degree in psychology from Radcliffe. | 拉德克利夫的心理学硕士学位 |
[56:49] | Harvard. | 哈佛 |
[56:51] | And are you all still together? | 你们 还在一起吗 |
[56:54] | That won’t get in the way, will it? | 那不是问题吧 |
[56:56] | I don’t see how my personal life is anyone’s business. | 我不明白为什么我的私人生活和任何人有关 |
[56:59] | It’s time to move on, Bill. | 是时候向前看了 比尔 |
[57:01] | You don’t think you’re too good for this line of work? | 你不觉得这种工作配不上你吗 |
[57:06] | No. | 不 |
[57:39] | I want him to grow up with a family. | 我想让他在一个家中长大 |
[57:46] | I want more for him. | 我想要给他更多 |
[57:48] | More than I had. | 比我拥有的更多 |
[57:58] | If… | 如果 |
[58:01] | If we do this, we can’t let it come back on our children. | 如果这样的话 决不能让它伤害到我们的孩子 |
[58:04] | We’ll have to make up an explanation… | 我们必须编一个说辞 |
[58:08] | A lie… | 一个谎言 |
[58:12] | and stick to it. | 然后坚持说下去 |
[58:32] | Wonder Woman has a secret identity. | 神奇女侠有一个秘密身份 |
[58:35] | – Yes, she does. – Why is that? | – 是的 – 为什么 |
[58:36] | She has to hide her true self from man’s world. | 她需要在人的世界中隐藏自己 |
[58:41] | Hi, I’m Molly Stewart from across the street. | 嗨 我是街对面的莫莉斯·图尔特 |
[58:46] | – I wanted to come over and say hello. – Hello. | – 我就想过来打个招呼 – 你好 |
[58:46] | It was silly that you’ve been living here… | 你都住过来一周了 |
[58:48] | for over a week and we haven’t been properly introduced. | 我们还没好好打过招呼 |
[58:51] | Are you Mrs. Marston? | 你是马斯顿夫人吗 |
[58:52] | No, I’m Mrs. Marston, hello. | 不 我是马斯顿夫人 你好 |
[58:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[58:56] | A…and you? | 那你是 |
[58:57] | Oh, I just live here. | 哦 我只是住这 |
[59:00] | Oh. So Byrne is your son? | 哦 那拜恩 是你的孩子吗 |
[59:03] | He wandered over yesterday, wanting to play. | 他昨天逛过来了 想一起玩 |
[59:05] | No, no, Byrne’s my son. I have two sons, Donn and Byrne. | 不 不 拜恩是我儿子 我有两个儿子 多恩和拜恩 |
[59:09] | My husband Richard passed away, so the Marstons took us in. | 我丈夫理查德去世了 所以马斯顿夫妇收留了我们 |
[59:12] | You poor dear. | 多可怜啊 |
[59:14] | Pete is my boy. | 彼得是我儿子 |
[59:16] | Well, it’s been good to meet you. I’m sure we’ll see you again. | 很高兴见到你 我们下次再见 |
[59:19] | – See you soon. – Nice to meet you both. | – 下次见 – 很高兴见到你们 |
[59:22] | Donn, Byrne, Peter. | 多恩 拜恩 彼得 |
[59:25] | Come on, boys. | 来吧 孩子们 |
[59:26] | Dear Aunt Margaret, things are good here… | 亲爱的玛格丽特姑妈 事情还不错 |
[59:29] | and we’re settling in to our new rental. | 我们在新租的房子中安顿下来了 |
[59:31] | The kids are keeping me busy, and we’re very happy here. | 孩子们让我抽不开身 但我们在这很幸福 |
[59:34] | I’m submitting writing samples to publishers… | 我在向出版商递交文稿 |
[59:37] | and hope someone bites soon. | 希望某人能尽快找来 |
[59:39] | Would you say she was living a lie? | 那你是说她活在谎言中吗 |
[59:40] | No, Wonder Woman assumes an alter ego… | 不 神奇女侠有第二自我 |
[59:43] | so she can go to work as Steve Trevor’s secretary. | 她为史提夫·特里沃当秘书 |
[59:46] | She’s a secretary? | 她是个秘书 |
[59:47] | What’s wrong with being a secretary? | 当秘书有什么错 |
[59:49] | Nothing’s wrong with that, but I think it’s odd… | 不是说有什么错 但我觉得有点怪 |
[59:52] | that Wonder Woman is all-powerful and you have | 神奇女侠如此全能 而你 |
[59:54] | her hiding as a secretary. | 给她的隐藏身份是秘书 |
[59:57] | She’s a modern woman. | 她是个现代女性 |
[59:58] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[1:00:01] | Hi, | 嗨 |
[1:00:02] | you look lovely. | 你看上去很不错 |
[1:00:03] | – Oh, so do you. – Hello, boys. | – 哦 你也是 – 你们好 孩子们 |
[1:00:06] | She has a career of her own, she makes her own money. | 她有自己的一番事业 她赚钱养活自己 |
[1:00:09] | Where’s Bill? | 比尔在哪 |
[1:00:10] | In his office. | 在他书房 |
[1:00:11] | She is not dependent on a man. | 她不依赖于男人 |
[1:00:21] | “You too can be popular.” | “你也可以受人欢迎” |
[1:00:23] | This one’s going to sell. I’m sure of it. | 这本会大卖的 我保证 |
[1:00:31] | So then why the elaborate charade? | 那为什么要屈尊伪装呢 |
[1:00:42] | This… This… This is for you. | 这 这 这是给你的 |
[1:00:45] | For me? | 给我的 |
[1:00:47] | From the two of us. | 我们俩送的 |
[1:00:50] | So that you can play. | 给你玩的 |
[1:00:53] | It’s beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
[1:00:55] | Hey, kids, look at my plane. | 嘿 孩子们 看我的飞机 |
[1:01:13] | – You should tickle him, boys. – Tickle him. He’s very ticklish. | – 孩子们 挠他痒痒 – 挠他痒 他很怕痒 |
[1:01:24] | She does it because she loves him. | 她这么做是因为她爱他 |
[1:01:51] | She does it so they can be together. | 她这么做是为了她们能在一起 |
[1:01:59] | I think it’s a girl. | 我觉得是个女孩 |
[1:02:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:02:05] | Well, if it is, I shall name her Olive Ann. | 如果是 那我就叫她奥利弗·安 |
[1:02:12] | Don’t cry. Ha-ha. | 别哭啊 哈哈 |
[1:02:15] | Stop. | 别 |
[1:02:18] | She does it for love. | 她这么做是因为爱 |
[1:02:23] | What would happen if… | 如果 |
[1:02:24] | Wonder Woman’s secret identity was revealed? | 神奇女侠的秘密身份被揭穿呢 |
[1:02:28] | Everything would be lost. | 一切都会失去 |
[1:02:35] | Who’s Charles Moulton? | 谁是查尔斯·莫尔顿 |
[1:02:40] | – That is my pseudonym. – Mm. | – 是我的笔名 – 嗯 |
[1:02:43] | Why don’t you write Wonder Woman under your real name? | 为什么你不用真名画神奇女侠 |
[1:02:45] | Well, that’s just my therapy practice. | 那是我疗法的测试 |
[1:02:47] | It avoids confusion. | 这样能避免混淆 |
[1:02:48] | It’s not because most | 难道 |
[1:02:49] | Americans have a low opinion of comic writers? | 不是因为大部分美国人瞧不起漫画作家吗 |
[1:02:51] | I do not care what most of America thinks. | 我不在乎大部分美国人怎么想 |
[1:02:54] | Or is it something else? | 还是因为别的什么 |
[1:02:58] | I wonder if you’re the one with the secret identity. | 我好奇 你是不是有秘密身份的那个 |
[1:03:45] | Oh, good morning. | 哦 早上好 |
[1:03:48] | I’m, um… I’m looking for a burlesque outfit. | 我 想要一件滑稽戏外套 |
[1:03:53] | For you? | 你穿吗 |
[1:03:55] | Ha-ha. No. | 哈哈 不 |
[1:03:58] | My wife. For Halloween. | 给我的妻子 万圣节 |
[1:04:00] | It’s a surprise. | 惊喜 |
[1:04:02] | What did you have in mind? | 您有什么要求 |
[1:04:05] | Hmm… Uh, something | 呃 有点 |
[1:04:08] | Greek? | 希腊特色 |
[1:04:14] | How about an Amazon? | 亚马逊的 怎么样 |
[1:04:18] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[1:04:22] | May I? | 我能看看吗 |
[1:04:25] | They are specially made in France. | 它们是在法国 特制的 |
[1:04:30] | I’ve never seen heels quite this high. | 我没见过这么高的鞋跟 |
[1:04:32] | And how much would something like this go for? | 这些要花多少钱 |
[1:04:37] | Are you a devotee? | 你是爱好者吗 |
[1:04:38] | – Excuse me? – Of the high heel. | – 什么 – 高跟爱好者 |
[1:04:42] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[1:04:45] | Are you with the vice squad? | 你是风化纠察队的吗 |
[1:04:48] | No. | 不是 |
[1:04:50] | Are you an officer of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service? | 你是联邦邮政检察局的吗 |
[1:04:53] | No. | 不是 |
[1:04:59] | My name is Charles Guyette. | 我的名字叫查尔斯·古耶特 |
[1:05:01] | People call me the “G-string King.” | 大家叫我 “G弦王” |
[1:05:04] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:05:38] | Honey, this is pornography. | 亲爱的 这是色情书 |
[1:05:41] | Isn’t this illegal? | 这不是违法的吗 |
[1:05:43] | Yes, yes, but look closely. | 是的 是的 但仔细看看 |
[1:05:46] | I don’t understand what we’re supposed to be looking at. | 我不明白我们该看些什么 |
[1:05:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:05:51] | Dominance… | 支配 |
[1:05:54] | inducement, submission… | 诱导 臣服 |
[1:05:57] | compliance. | 屈从 |
[1:06:00] | This imagery is a metaphor for DISC theory. | 这些图片 是DISC理论的隐喻 |
[1:06:04] | These pictures communicate in an instant… | 这些图片在瞬间就能表达出 |
[1:06:06] | what I’ve spent my entire career trying to explain. | 我毕生尝试解释的东西 |
[1:06:09] | – This is what we should be doing. – Sweetheart… | – 我们应该这么做 – 亲爱的 |
[1:06:12] | this is pornography. | 这是 色情文学 |
[1:06:17] | Notice the finesse of the knots. | 注意这些绳结的灵巧 |
[1:06:21] | Rope work is not an art for dullards. | 绳艺不是 给蠢汉看的艺术 |
[1:06:25] | People come to me all the time… | 人们总是找到我 |
[1:06:27] | lost, searching. | 迷失了 在寻觅 |
[1:06:30] | They ask me why the rope, or costume… | 他们问我为什么要有绳索 抑或戏服 |
[1:06:34] | the role play. | 抑或角色扮演 |
[1:06:36] | I tell them we play roles… | 我告诉他们 我们在日常生活中 |
[1:06:39] | all the time in everyday life, constantly. | 无时无刻不在 扮演角色 |
[1:06:45] | Out there we are bound by | 在那里 我们被 |
[1:06:47] | much stronger chains… | 锁链 束缚 |
[1:06:49] | than the ones we use in here. | 比这里用的更牢固 |
[1:06:53] | But the truth is… | 但真相是 |
[1:06:55] | men | 男人 |
[1:06:57] | and women… | 和女人 |
[1:06:59] | long to control… | 渴望控制 |
[1:07:01] | and to be controlled. | 渴望被 控制 |
[1:07:05] | It is… | 这就是 |
[1:07:07] | human nature. | 人的天性 |
[1:07:11] | Real life is full of pain and disappointment… | 真实生活是一连串痛苦和失落 |
[1:07:14] | but fantasy, fantasy… | 但幻想 幻想 |
[1:07:19] | is possibility. | 是有可能的 |
[1:07:23] | Questions? | 有问题吗 |
[1:07:25] | – Does it hurt? – A little. | – 会痛吗 – 有一点 |
[1:07:27] | Who says there’s no pain in love? | 谁说爱中没有痛 |
[1:07:29] | Love is painful. | 爱是痛的 |
[1:07:31] | We hurt the ones we love all the time with our words, | 我们每分每秒都在用言语和渴求伤害 |
[1:07:33] | our deeds. | 我们爱的人 |
[1:07:35] | The nature of love | 爱的本质 |
[1:07:38] | is pain. | 就是痛 |
[1:07:57] | Would you like to try? | 你想试试吗 |
[1:08:02] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:08:06] | We’ll start with something simple. | 我们从简单的开始 |
[1:08:08] | Please put your wrists in front of you like this. | 请把你的手腕像这样并在身体前方 |
[1:08:11] | Now, | 现在 |
[1:08:12] | wrap the rope around as I instructed. | 照我的指示缠绳子 |
[1:08:40] | Olive, don’t let him do this to you. | 奥利弗 别让他这么对你 |
[1:08:43] | I don’t mind. | 我不在乎 |
[1:08:46] | You… | 你 |
[1:08:50] | Why the fuck don’t you mind? | 为什么你他妈不在乎 |
[1:08:59] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[1:09:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:09:07] | You’re the submissive. | 你是臣服人 |
[1:09:12] | Please, dear, have an open mind. | 求你了 亲爱的 思想开放点 |
[1:09:15] | How much have you spent on this, anyway? | 你为这花了多少钱 |
[1:09:17] | And the rest of that smut he sold you. | 还有那些他卖给你的破烂 |
[1:09:19] | It’s research material. | 这是研究材料 |
[1:09:20] | When will you stop… | 你什么时候才能停止 |
[1:09:21] | justifying the whims of your cock with science? | 把你鸡鸡的兴奋惯以科学之名 |
[1:10:15] | It’s sick the way he controls that girl. | 他控制 那个姑娘的方式是病态的 |
[1:10:18] | You know better than her what she does in her sex life? | 对于她性生活的事你比她了解的还清楚吗 |
[1:10:20] | – Well, he’s a criminal. – So are we. | – 他是个罪犯 – 我们也是 |
[1:10:22] | Our love is illegal. | 我们的爱是非法的 |
[1:10:23] | What we do in the privacy of our own home | 我们私自在家中做的事 |
[1:10:26] | is our business. | 和别人无关 |
[1:11:16] | I’m getting Olive, and we’re going home. | 我去找奥利弗 我们就回家 |
[1:11:18] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[1:11:30] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[1:11:44] | I… | 我 |
[1:11:47] | I know you don’t approve, but I… | 我知道你不赞成 但我 |
[1:12:06] | Give me the rope. | 给我绳子 |
[1:12:36] | Is this what you really want? | 这是你真正 想要的吗 |
[1:12:52] | Then put your hands behind your back. | 那把你的双手放在背后 |
[1:13:22] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[1:15:01] | – A comic book, Bill? – Well, it’s perfect. | – 比尔 一本漫画书 – 完美啊 |
[1:15:04] | I’m going to inject my ideas | 我要把我的想法 |
[1:15:06] | right into the thumping heart of America. | 注入到美国勃然的心中 |
[1:15:10] | I mean, I’ll get a real artist to draw it properly. | 我是说 我会找个真正的画家好好画 |
[1:15:13] | She’s an Amazon princess | 她是个亚马逊公主 |
[1:15:15] | that lives on an island of all women. | 生活在一个只有女人的岛上 |
[1:15:17] | Paradise Island. | 天堂岛 |
[1:15:19] | And a man crash-lands on the island? | 然后一个男人 坠机来到岛上吗 |
[1:15:21] | Yeah, Steve Trevor, the spy. | 对 史提夫·特里沃 特工 |
[1:15:23] | And she wears a burlesque outfit. | 她穿一身滑稽戏服 |
[1:15:25] | Well, it’s athletic. | 这样有运动精神 |
[1:15:27] | And silver bracelets. | 银手环 |
[1:15:29] | They deflect bullets. | 他们能反射子弹 |
[1:15:31] | And all her friends are sorority girls… | 所有她的朋友都是姐妹会的女生 |
[1:15:34] | who have spanking parties, and everybody fights Nazis… | 有打屁股派对 大家都在和纳粹作斗争 |
[1:15:36] | and rides in an invisible plane? | 驾驶一架隐形的飞机 |
[1:15:39] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:15:44] | – What? – Bill. | – 怎么 – 比尔 |
[1:15:46] | We love you truly, so much. | 我们真心爱你 如此之爱 |
[1:15:49] | But nobody… | 但没人 |
[1:15:51] | I say this with all the compassion and truth in my heart. | 我带着心中所有的同情和真诚说 |
[1:15:54] | Nobody will ever publish this. | 没人 会出版 这个 |
[1:16:13] | Yeah, so you tell that guinea, wop fuck… | 对 你告诉那个几内亚臭小子 |
[1:16:16] | he wants to get paid, get his ass into work. | 他想要钱的话 那就好好工作 |
[1:16:18] | Excuse me. I’m looking for a Mr. Gaines. | 不好意思 我想找盖恩斯先生 |
[1:16:22] | Who’s asking? | 访客是谁 |
[1:16:24] | Dr. William Moulton Marston. I have an 11:00. | 威廉·莫尔顿·马斯顿博士 我约了11:00 |
[1:16:30] | You have five minutes. | 你有五分钟 |
[1:16:32] | You are the man that discovered Superman? | 你就是那个发掘了超人的人 |
[1:16:34] | Yup. | 对 |
[1:16:36] | You’re a man of considerable taste, | 你是一个很有品位的人 |
[1:16:37] | which is why I’ve come to you first. | 这也是我先找到你的原因 |
[1:16:39] | Who said anything about a fucking nun? | 谁他妈说要个修女了 |
[1:16:43] | I’ve created a new type of comic-book superhero. | 我创造了一个新的漫画书超级英雄 |
[1:16:47] | Her name is Suprema, the Wonder Woman. | 她的名字叫超女 神奇女侠 |
[1:16:50] | – Lady superhero? – No ordinary lady superhero. | – 女超级英雄 – 不是普通的女超级英雄 |
[1:16:56] | I see Suprema as the modern-day Athena. | 我认为超女是当代的雅典娜 |
[1:17:00] | The American woman of tomorrow. | 美国的明日女神 |
[1:17:02] | Yeah. | 哦 |
[1:17:03] | Superhero comics with female leads, they flop. | 女性牵头的超级英雄漫画书 卖不动 |
[1:17:07] | Well, she will be different. | 她完全不同 |
[1:17:09] | – A new type of comic strip. – They already tried that. | – 一种全新的漫画叙事 – 他们已经试过了 |
[1:17:13] | Invisible Girl. | 隐形女侠 |
[1:17:14] | – X-ray Girl. – Excuse me. | – X光女侠 – 不好意思 |
[1:17:16] | This is not a gimmick. | 这不是个噱头 |
[1:17:19] | Mr. Gaines, please do not make the mistake… | 盖恩斯先生 别误以为 |
[1:17:22] | of lumping me into the | 我是那种 |
[1:17:24] | cesspool of riffraff with whom you usually deal. | 你平常打交道的庸才 |
[1:17:28] | I am a Harvard-trained doctor of psychology… | 我是一个哈佛毕业的心理学博士 |
[1:17:30] | with nearly 25 years’ | 有着25年的 |
[1:17:31] | experience into the analysis of human emotion. | 分析人类情感经验 |
[1:17:35] | I’m also the inventor of the lie detector. | 我也是测谎仪的发明人 |
[1:17:38] | No shit. | 可不是吗 |
[1:17:42] | Suprema, the Wonder Woman | 超女 神奇女侠 |
[1:17:43] | will not be an ordinary comic book. | 不是一本普通的漫画书 |
[1:17:47] | But instead, | 相反 |
[1:17:48] | the start of a powerful feminist movement. | 是一场有力的女权运动的开始 |
[1:17:51] | She will be carefully crafted, | 她会被精心打造 |
[1:17:52] | psychological propaganda… | 注入情感 |
[1:17:54] | based on a lifetime of research into the human mind… | 基于一生对人类思想的研究 |
[1:17:57] | inserted into a populist | 转化为一本 |
[1:17:58] | medium to further equal rights for women. | 流行传媒以至于为女性争取更多权力 |
[1:18:01] | Hmm. You a professor? | 呃 你是个教授吗 |
[1:18:05] | I used to be, yeah. | 曾经是 对 |
[1:18:07] | I used to be a principal. | 我过去是个校长 |
[1:18:11] | Heh. Well, then, as a fellow educator… | 哦 那 同为教育行业的人 |
[1:18:14] | you can see the potential of this new medium. | 你一定能看出这新媒介的潜能 |
[1:18:18] | Together, we can lift the comic book out of the gutter. | 一起 我们能够让这本漫画超凡脱俗 |
[1:18:21] | Place it among the | 将它归于 |
[1:18:22] | powerful artistic movements of this century. | 本世纪最有力的艺术运动之中 |
[1:18:24] | Do you always lay it on so thick? | 你总是这么能吹吗 |
[1:18:29] | Eh. Suprema, the Wonder Woman? | 呃 超女 神奇女侠 |
[1:18:31] | It’s too wordy. | 太多字了 |
[1:18:35] | Why don’t you just call her, uh, Wonder Woman? | 为什么不只叫她 呃 神奇女侠 |
[1:18:41] | Wonder Woman… | 神奇女侠 |
[1:18:45] | Wonder Woman? | 神奇女侠 |
[1:18:46] | Wonder Woman. | 神奇女侠 |
[1:18:50] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[1:18:53] | With war raging across Europe… | 在欧洲轰烈打响的战争中 |
[1:18:55] | there’s a new hero in | 有一名新英雄 |
[1:18:57] | town fighting for our freedom, and she’s a lady. | 参与为我们的自由而战 她是一位女士 |
[1:18:59] | They’re calling her Wonder Woman. | 他们都叫她 神奇女侠 |
[1:19:01] | And she’s the latest and prettiest sensation… | 在席卷全国的超级英雄潮中 |
[1:19:04] | in a superhero craze that’s sweeping the nation. | 她是最新 最美 最轰动的星 |
[1:19:14] | Sales are skyrocketing, and she’s outselling Superman. | 销量都上天了 她卖的比超人还多 |
[1:19:31] | But not everybody is as | 但不是所有人都 |
[1:19:33] | enthusiastic about the new comic-book craze. | 对这股漫画书热潮那么热情 |
[1:19:35] | We’ve been banned. | 我们被禁了 |
[1:19:36] | – What do you mean? -I don’t know. Put on a list, banned. | – 你什么意思 – 拉清单 被禁了 |
[1:19:39] | – Well, by who? – By the National League of Decency. | – 谁禁的 – 国家风化联盟 |
[1:19:42] | – They’re fascists. – No, Catholics. | – 他们是法西斯 – 不 是天主教徒 |
[1:19:44] | – Same difference. – In every issue of Wonder Woman… | – 有什么区别 – 每一期的神奇女侠 |
[1:19:47] | women are being whipped, spanked, chained, bound, gagged. | 女人们都在被鞭打 被打屁股 被锁住 被困住 嘴被塞住 |
[1:19:51] | We gotta cut the kinky shit by what? | 我们得把那些恶趣味的删掉多少 |
[1:19:53] | Fifty. Fifty to 60 percent. | 五成 五成到六成 |
[1:19:55] | Fifty to 60 percent, we gotta cut the kink. | 五成到六成 我们得砍掉恶趣味的 |
[1:20:01] | Doc, there’s, like, twice as much bondage stuff in here. | 博士 这次得有两倍多的捆绑 |
[1:20:05] | Three times. I tripled it. | 三倍 我写了三倍 |
[1:20:19] | Bye, Mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[1:20:30] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:20:32] | Sweetie, I’m late. | 甜心 我要晚了 |
[1:20:34] | – I don’t care. – No, I’m late. I have to go. | – 我不在乎 – 不 我要晚了 我必须走了 |
[1:20:36] | I’m just calling because, uh… | 我打来 是因为 呃 |
[1:20:39] | I woke up this morning, and I… I felt, um, terrible. | 我今天早上醒来 我感觉 我觉得很糟糕 |
[1:20:43] | I don’t think I’m gonna make it. | 我不认为我能去上班了 |
[1:21:31] | You don’t even deny that these images are overtly sexual. | 你自己都不否认这些图片是公开色情了 |
[1:21:35] | An erotic component is necessary. | 情欲元素是必须的 |
[1:21:37] | How else is submission supposed to be pleasurable? | 不然臣服怎么会是愉悦的 |
[1:21:58] | I am teaching readers to submit to a loving authority. | 我在教读者向一个心爱的权威臣服 |
[1:22:01] | And that submission is pleasurable. | 这样臣服就是愉悦的 |
[1:22:09] | Young boys must learn this if they are to… | 年轻男孩必须学会这些 |
[1:22:11] | grow up respecting powerful women. | 这样他们长大才会尊敬强大的女性 |
[1:22:24] | What is powerful about a woman running around | 一个穿着泳衣跑来跑去的女性 |
[1:22:27] | in a bathing suit? | 有什么强大的 |
[1:22:39] | Olive? | 奥利弗 |
[1:22:42] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[1:22:47] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天啊 |
[1:22:51] | Oh, my God. | 哦 老天啊 |
[1:22:52] | Jesus. Um… | 神啊 |
[1:22:54] | I’m so… | 我简直 |
[1:22:55] | I think I was… I’m so sorry. | 我以为 我很抱歉 |
[1:23:07] | – Just get it off me. – I’m trying. | – 快从我身上解下来 – 我在努力 |
[1:23:18] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[1:23:35] | Oh, my God. It’s Donn. | 哦 天啊 是多恩 |
[1:23:38] | Donn? | 多恩 |
[1:23:39] | Sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[1:23:41] | My God, your face. | 老天啊 你的脸 |
[1:23:42] | – What…? Did you…? Did you fall? – No. | – 怎么 你 你摔倒了吗 – 没有 |
[1:23:44] | – What happened? – Charlie and the guys are telling lies… | – 怎么了 – 查理和其他孩子说谎 |
[1:23:47] | about you and Mom and Dad. | 关于你和妈还有爸的事 |
[1:23:54] | All right. Come here. Come here. | 好 过来 过来 |
[1:23:57] | You’re gonna be all right. | 你会没事的 |
[1:24:01] | – Hey! – Jesus Christ, Bill. | – 嘿 – 老天啊 比尔 |
[1:24:03] | Your brat and his gang of hooligans attacked my kid. | 你的混小子和他那帮流氓伤到我孩子了 |
[1:24:06] | – Watch your tone, doctor. – Oh, really? | – 注意口气 博士 – 哦 是吗 |
[1:24:08] | Easy. We don’t need another school-yard brawl. | 冷静点 别再像孩子一样打架了 |
[1:24:10] | – I’m sorry the children got into a scuffle. – A scuffle? | – 我我抱歉孩子们卷入了混战中 – 混战 |
[1:24:13] | No easy way to say this… | 我不知道怎么说好 |
[1:24:15] | but we think it would be | 但 我们认为 |
[1:24:16] | best if you remove the children from school. | 最好你们让你们的孩子退学 |
[1:24:18] | – What? – Molly, you know us. We’re friends. | – 什么 – 莫莉 你认识我们 我们是朋友 |
[1:24:20] | – Olive, stop… – Don’t. | – 奥利弗 别说了 – 不 |
[1:24:22] | I’m sorry. Your kids are a bad influence. | 我很抱歉 你的孩子会带来坏影响 |
[1:24:25] | That’s not true. How can you say that? | 那才不是真的 你怎么能这么说 |
[1:24:27] | It’s not the children’s fault. | 不是孩子的错 |
[1:24:30] | It’s your fault. | 是你的错 |
[1:24:32] | You’re passing your life off as normal, and it’s not. | 你假装你的生活是正常的 而并非如此 |
[1:24:35] | You can live your life however you want. It’s a free country | 随你怎么活 这是个自由国度 |
[1:24:37] | But when it comes to my kids, I don’t want them exposed to… | 但涉及到我的孩子 我不想让他们暴露在 |
[1:24:42] | people like you. | 你这样的人面前 |
[1:24:47] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[1:24:53] | Fucking freaks. | 他妈的怪胎 |
[1:24:58] | – What did you call us? – Called you perverts. | – 你叫我们什么 – 叫你们变态 |
[1:25:04] | – No! – Bill! | – 别 – 比尔 |
[1:25:07] | – Stop it! – Get off of him. Get off! | – 住手 – 放开他 放手 |
[1:25:13] | – Violence. – What of it? | – 暴力 – 怎么了 |
[1:25:17] | Fred! | 弗莱德 |
[1:25:19] | – Are you all right? – Yeah. | – 你没事吧 – 嗯 |
[1:25:20] | Try to get up and be somewhat careful. | 小心点 站起来 |
[1:25:25] | Don’t. It’s not worth it. | 别 不值 |
[1:25:29] | No more. | 别再这样 |
[1:25:30] | Wonder Woman is filled with violence… | 神奇女侠 充满了暴力 |
[1:25:34] | torture and sadomasochism. | 折磨 与施虐受虐 |
[1:25:42] | You know, I was wrong to fight today. | 你知道 我今天打架是错的 |
[1:25:45] | But what you must understand is what’s | 但你必须要理解有比拳头 |
[1:25:47] | more important than fists. | 更重要的东西 |
[1:25:50] | It’s what’s in here. | 就在这里 |
[1:25:53] | Ideas, thoughts… | 点子 想法 |
[1:25:56] | that’s more powerful than force. | 那比力量更加强大 |
[1:26:00] | Do you understand what I’m saying to you? | 你理解我和你说的话了吗 |
[1:26:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[1:26:04] | Good. | 好 |
[1:26:10] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[1:26:14] | I landed a few. | 我也还手了几拳 |
[1:26:45] | The kids are asleep, finally. | 孩子们终于睡了 |
[1:26:48] | And Bill? | 比尔呢 |
[1:26:50] | Him too. | 他也是 |
[1:27:00] | We can’t keep doing this. | 我们不能这样下去了 |
[1:27:04] | Are you blaming me for what happened? | 发生的这些事你要怪我吗 |
[1:27:08] | – They had no right to… – No, they did. | – 他们没有权利 – 不 他们有 |
[1:27:11] | They have every right. | 他们有任何权利 |
[1:27:12] | Their right to shun us… | 他们有权驱逐我们 |
[1:27:14] | and perhaps their right to beat us. | 或许有权打我们 |
[1:27:18] | Not because we fuck each other, | 不是因为我们彼此做爱 |
[1:27:19] | but because we’re foolish enough… | 而是因为我们蠢到相信 |
[1:27:21] | to think that we’re better than them. | 我们比他们更强 |
[1:27:24] | I’m not a scientist. | 我不是个科学家 |
[1:27:27] | I’m a secretary. | 我是个秘书 |
[1:27:30] | And Bill is not a psychologist. He writes comic books. | 比尔也不是个心理学家 他是漫画书作家 |
[1:27:34] | And you… | 而你 |
[1:27:40] | I don’t know what you are. | 我不知道你是什么 |
[1:27:48] | Please don’t do this. | 求你别这样 |
[1:27:53] | You have to go. | 你必须走了 |
[1:28:20] | Please don’t. | 别这样 |
[1:28:24] | I don’t wanna go. | 我不想走 |
[1:28:25] | It’s gonna be all right. It’s okay. | 一切会好的 没事的 |
[1:28:27] | I won’t get in any more fights. | 我不会再打架了 |
[1:28:29] | Sweetheart, I told you it wasn’t about that, okay? | 宝贝 我和你说了和那个无关 好吗 |
[1:28:37] | You be a big boy, okay? | 你要当个大孩子 行吗 |
[1:28:45] | It’s all right, Byrne. You look after your brother, all right? | 没事的 拜恩 你看好你弟弟 行吗 |
[1:28:51] | – Please don’t do this. – I didn’t do this. | – 求你别这么做 – 不是我要这么做 |
[1:30:16] | Love you, Mom. | 我爱你 妈 |
[1:30:23] | Hey, Mommy. | 嘿 妈 |
[1:30:27] | I’ll come pick them up on Sunday. | 我周日来接他们 |
[1:30:44] | You gotta go to the review, or they can shut us down. | 你必须去做审核 不然他们可以让我们关门 |
[1:30:47] | Absolutely not. This is un-American. | 绝对不去 这太不美国了 |
[1:30:49] | I got this bitch on my ass. | 我被这个婊子缠着 |
[1:30:50] | – I don’t care. – I’m not gonna let you sink this ship! | – 我不在乎 – 我不会为你沉掉一整艘船 |
[1:31:01] | Burn them! Burn them! Burn them! | 烧掉 烧掉 烧掉 |
[1:31:10] | Look, I have explained my methodology. | 我已经 解释了我的方法论 |
[1:31:13] | What troubles me is that you’re trying out… | 困扰我的是你尝试 |
[1:31:15] | your so-called psychological experiment on children. | 在 孩子身上做你所谓的 心理学试验 |
[1:31:19] | Children are our great hope. | 孩子是我们最大的希望 |
[1:31:21] | Do you let your children read it’? Your little girl? | 你让你自己的孩子看吗 你的小女儿 |
[1:31:24] | I don’t know why your wife puts up with it. | 我不知道你妻子是怎么忍受的 |
[1:31:26] | – This and the other woman… – You leave my family out of it. | – 这还有另外那个女人 – 你别说我的家庭 |
[1:31:36] | Who are you to judge us? | 你凭什么评判我们 |
[1:31:58] | Are you normal? | 你是正常人吗 |
[1:32:17] | Doctor, what is it? What’s wrong? | 医生 怎么了 有什么问题 |
[1:32:18] | He’s gonna be okay. Stay back. | 他会没事的 退后 |
[1:32:58] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:33:02] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:33:08] | Olive? | 奥利弗 |
[1:34:35] | Bill, she’s not coming back. | 比尔 她不会回来了 |
[1:34:38] | She said she’d come. | 她说她会来 |
[1:34:49] | Sorry to be late. | 不好意思来晚了 |
[1:34:54] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[1:35:03] | – Do you need help with your suitcase? – No, no. | – 你要我帮你拿你的行李吗 – 不 不 |
[1:35:08] | I… | 我 |
[1:35:11] | I wanted to… | 我想 |
[1:35:15] | Dear, I was wondering if it would be possible for me… | 亲爱的 我想可不可以 |
[1:35:18] | to speak for three minutes without you interrupting me. | 你有三分钟不要打断我 |
[1:35:23] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:35:26] | Olive… | 奥利弗 |
[1:35:29] | I’ve often thought of what I wanted to say to you… | 我总是在预想如果我有机会 |
[1:35:33] | – what I wished I’d said to you. – I’m sorry, this… | – 我能对你说些什么 – 不好意思 这 |
[1:35:36] | – This really isn’t necessary. – Please. | – 这样真的没必要 – 求你了 |
[1:35:45] | Elizabeth was wrong. She can’t live without you. | 伊丽莎白错了 没有你她活不下去 |
[1:35:48] | – Bill, will you shut it? – Three minutes. | – 比尔 你能闭嘴吗 – 三分钟 |
[1:35:50] | – Not if you’re gonna misrepresent me. – I’m dying. | – 你曲解我的意思就不行 – 我要死了 |
[1:35:53] | Not yet. You don’t speak for me. | 还没呢 你不能替我说话 |
[1:35:54] | I am not. I’m speaking for myself. | 我没有 我是在替自己说 |
[1:35:57] | I’m sorry. I can’t do this. | 抱歉 我不能这样了 |
[1:35:58] | – You asked me to come. Now, I’m going. – Please don’t go. | – 你要我过来 现在 我要走了 – 求你别走 |
[1:36:06] | I have made a new life for myself, Bill. | 我已经给自己开拓了新的生活 比尔 |
[1:36:08] | But are you happy? | 但你幸福吗 |
[1:36:12] | – Does it matter? – Of course it matters. | – 这重要吗 – 当然了 |
[1:36:15] | You gave up. The both of you. | 你放弃了 你们两个都是 |
[1:36:20] | I’m going to die… | 我要死了 |
[1:36:22] | and you will be left all alone with your bitterness… | 你仅剩能相伴的 唯有你的悲痛 |
[1:36:26] | and your rage and your knowledge that you loved her… | 你的愤怒 和你一直都知道自己爱着她 |
[1:36:29] | and she loved you, and you threw it away for them. | 而她也爱你 而你弃之不顾 |
[1:36:33] | Our kids don’t deserve to be attacked, to be ostracized. | 我们的孩子们不该被攻击 不该被孤立 |
[1:36:37] | Our children are inheriting your shame. | 我们的孩子继承了你的耻辱 |
[1:36:40] | Is that how you want them to live? | 你想要他们这么活着吗 |
[1:36:45] | Is that the lesson you want to teach them? | 你就想教他们这样一课吗 |
[1:36:51] | Now, do you love her? | 现在 你爱她吗 |
[1:37:01] | – Yes. – And have you always? | – 爱 – 一直如此吗 |
[1:37:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:37:05] | So then ask her. | 那去问她 |
[1:37:28] | Olive… | 奥利弗 |
[1:37:33] | will you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[1:37:38] | No. | 不能 |
[1:37:42] | – No? – No. | – 不能 – 不能 |
[1:37:45] | You need to submit to her. | 你要向她臣服 |
[1:37:47] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:37:49] | You cannot win every argument. | 你不能赢得每一场争辩 |
[1:37:50] | You cannot dominate all the time. | 你不能永远支配 |
[1:37:53] | – Get on your knees. – I will not. This is absurd. | – 跪下 – 我不 这太荒唐了 |
[1:37:55] | – Get on your knees. – I… | – 跪下 – 我 |
[1:38:33] | Olive, please forgive me. | 奥利弗 求你原谅我 |
[1:38:37] | More. | 继续 |
[1:38:46] | Please take us back. | 求你重新接纳我们 |
[1:38:55] | I thought I knew everything. | 我以为我无所不知 |
[1:39:01] | I thought love wasn’t enough. | 我以为 只有爱 不够 |
[1:39:06] | But it… | 但是 |
[1:39:08] | It has to. It has to be enough because we cannot… | 必然足够 必须足够因为我们不能 |
[1:39:13] | We cannot live without you. | 我们活着不能没有你 |
[1:39:26] | I cannot live without you. | 我活着不能没有你 |
[1:39:37] | Please… | 求你了 |
[1:39:42] | come back to us. | 回我们身边 |
[1:39:53] | I want a new stove. | 我想要个新炉子 |
[1:39:58] | What? | 什么 |
[1:40:00] | The one you have is ancient, and the back burners don’t work. | 你有的那个太旧了 后炉不好用了 |
[1:40:04] | We can get a new stove. | 我们买个新炉子 |
[1:40:06] | I want you to take the kids on weekends. | 我想让你在周末看孩子 |
[1:40:10] | I have to look after them all week, | 我整周都在看孩子 |
[1:40:11] | and I’d like some time to myself… | 我也需要一些个人的时间 |
[1:40:13] | to go to the salon or read a book. | 喝杯酒或读本书 |
[1:40:17] | – Okay. – And change Wonder Woman’s outfit. | – 好的 – 还有换掉神奇女侠的外套 |
[1:40:19] | It’s preposterous. | 太夸张了 |
[1:40:21] | There I must draw the line. | 这就过分了 |
[1:40:27] | I want you to love me for all of my days. | 我想让你们在我剩下的时间里爱我 |
[1:40:35] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:41:16] | My name is Dr. William Moulton Marston. | 我的名字是威廉·莫尔顿·马斯顿博士 |
[1:41:20] | And I am the creator of Wonder Woman. | 我是神奇女侠的创造者 |
[1:41:23] | Wonder Woman is a love letter. | 神奇女侠是一封情书 |
[1:41:26] | She is a fantasy. | 她是一个幻想 |
[1:41:27] | She comes from a distant place where there is beauty… | 她来自于一个遥远的地方 那里有美貌 |
[1:41:31] | and justice, and respect. | 正义 还有尊重 |
[1:41:34] | I write what I see about women I know… | 我写的是我所见的熟识女人 |
[1:41:37] | women who are every bit as just… | 那些女人同神奇女侠 |
[1:41:40] | and strong, and capable as Wonder Woman. | 一样强大 全能 分毫不差 |
[1:41:44] | Now, we can debate the length of her hemline. | 现在 我们尽可以争论她裙子的长度 |
[1:41:47] | But what is important… | 但重要的是 |
[1:41:49] | is the way Wonder Woman reforms criminals. | 是神奇女侠改造罪犯的方法 |
[1:41:54] | She makes them tell the truth. | 她让他们吐露真相 |
[1:41:56] | That is what she stands for… | 那就是她所代表的 |
[1:42:00] | the truth. | 真相 |
[1:42:02] | To you… | 对你而言 |
[1:42:05] | Wonder Woman is just a comic… | 神奇女侠 只是本漫画书 |
[1:42:10] | but she’s my life. | 但她是我的生命 |
[1:42:15] | She’s my love. | 她是我的挚爱 |
[1:42:35] | 伊丽莎白与奥利弗一起又生活了38年 直到奥利弗于1985年去世 伊丽莎白享年100岁 | |
[1:42:45] | 在其死后 马斯顿公然的性向主题 和她的超能力 被从神奇女侠漫画书中削除 | |
[1:42:54] | 1972年 格洛丽亚·斯泰纳姆 将神奇女侠放上女士杂志初版封面 使她重振声望 神奇女侠的超能力也最终回归 | |
[1:43:04] | 为了致敬养育他的女人们 彼得·马斯顿在康涅狄格州 建立了一所神奇女侠博物馆 收藏了超过4000件藏品 彼得于2017年1月去世 |