时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 耶 |
[00:25] | I’m Philip Davidson. | 我是Philip Davidson |
[00:26] | Detective Jake Peralta asked me to drop by. | Jake Peralta警探叫我过来的 |
[00:28] | Mm, the dentist who murdered someone. | 嗯 你就是那个牙医谋杀犯啊 |
[00:31] | Spoiler alert: they think you did it. | 剧透警告 他们认为人是你杀的 |
[00:33] | Can you show him to Interrogation Room C, please? | 带他去审讯室C 好吗 |
[00:36] | – Have fun in there. – Thank you. | – 祝你玩得开心 – 谢谢 |
[00:43] | What are you smiling about? | 你在笑什么 |
[00:44] | How uncomfortable this guy is. | 看他坐着多难受啊 |
[00:45] | Jacked up the thermostat, got the table all sticky, | 我调高了温度 把桌子搞得粘粘的 |
[00:48] | made one of the chair legs too short, and worst of all, | 弄短了椅子的一条腿 还有更糟的 |
[00:51] | I had Gina greet him. | 我让Gina去接待他 |
[00:52] | – What did you have her do? – Be herself. | – 你让她做什么了 – 做她自己 |
[00:54] | – Poor son of a bitch. – Yeah. | – 这人真他妈可怜 – 是啊 |
[00:56] | Why are you wearing a tuxedo? | 你穿晚礼服干嘛 |
[00:57] | Kevin and I are attending the opera. | 我和Kevin要去听歌剧 |
[00:59] | Ooh, the opera. | 哇 歌剧啊 |
[01:00] | Is it the one Bugs Bunny sings? | 是兔八哥唱的那种吗 |
[01:02] | – Yes. – Okay. | – 对 – 好吧 |
[01:03] | – So, who’s this? – This is Philip Davidson. | – 那么 他是谁 – 这是Philip Davidson |
[01:05] | What do we have on him? | 我们有什么证据 |
[01:06] | Clear motive, clear means, and a nonexistent alibi, | 明确的作案动机 明确的作案手段 而且还没有不在场证明 |
[01:09] | but the DA won’t bring a charge | 但是地方检察官拒绝起诉 |
[01:10] | because he says it’s all circumstantial. | 因为他说所有证据都只是旁证 |
[01:12] | If we want to bring this guy down, | 如果我们想拿下他 |
[01:13] | we have to get him to confess right here, right now. | 我们得在此时此刻让他认罪 |
[01:16] | Mm. An interrogation with a ticking clock | 一场有时间限制的审讯 |
[01:18] | and everything on the line? | 而且所有事情都悬于一线 |
[01:21] | I better call Kevin and tell him I won’t be attending the opera. | 我还是打给Kevin告诉他我不去听歌剧了 |
[01:23] | There’s someone else I’d rather hear sing. | 我更想听听这个人的”歌声” |
[01:25] | Oh, damn! | 哎哟我去 |
[01:27] | Hello, Kevin. I won’t be joining you at the opera tonight… | 喂 Kevin 我今晚不能和你去听歌剧了 |
[01:29] | Oh, sorry, I didn’t know you were on the phone already. | 抱歉 我不知道你已经开始打电话了 |
[01:30] | – Oh, damn! – The tickets are under my name, H-O-L… | – 哎哟我去 – 票登记在我的名下 H-O-L |
[01:54] | You’re right. He did it. | 你说对了 是他干的 |
[01:56] | But we have no murder weapon, no witnesses, | 但我们没找到凶器 没有证人 |
[01:58] | and you really didn’t find any usable forensic evidence? | 还有你真的没找到有用的法医证据吗 |
[02:00] | The body was discovered rotting in the Pine Barrens. | 尸体在松林泥炭地里被发现的时候已经腐烂了 |
[02:02] | It’d been rained on for weeks and chewed up by coyotes. | 连下了几周的雨 尸体还被丛林狼咬过 |
[02:05] | The only other DNA other than the vic’s | 唯一非被害者的DNA |
[02:06] | was some bear semen found in the hair. | 就是他头发里某种熊的精液了 |
[02:08] | – Right. Who found the body? – Hikers. | – 好吧 尸体是谁发现的 – 几个背包客 |
[02:10] | You’re really just gonna blow past the bear semen detail? | 你就这样忽视了熊的精液那一部分吗 |
[02:12] | I imagine a bear mistook the rotting corpse for a female of its species | 我猜那头熊把腐烂的尸体当成了同种的母熊 |
[02:15] | and had intercourse with it. | 然后和它交配了 |
[02:16] | – Nothing I haven’t seen before. – It isn’t? | – 又不是什么我没见过的事 – 真的吗 |
[02:18] | Let’s get in here. Start working this guy. | 我们进去吧 去和他谈谈 |
[02:20] | Oh. You’re gonna come in with me. | 你要和我一起进去啊 |
[02:22] | I just thought maybe you’d watch from out here, | 我还以为你也许会在外面看着 |
[02:24] | you know, pull me out when I’m getting too hot. | 当我做过头的时候把我拉出来 |
[02:26] | Call me a loose cannon. | 骂我不可理喻 |
[02:27] | You know, classic Captain stuff. | 你懂的 典型的警监作风 |
[02:29] | Peralta, do you know | Peralta 你知不知道 |
[02:30] | what I miss most about being a detective? | 我最怀念当警探的哪一点 |
[02:32] | A good interrogation. | 一场精彩的审讯 |
[02:34] | Breaking suspects down. | 让罪犯低头认罪 |
[02:36] | Talking quietly and then talking real loud. | 一会小声一会又突然大声 |
[02:38] | Looking away and then looking right in their eyes. | 一会不看他们一会突然盯着他们的眼睛 |
[02:44] | Leaning. | 倾身向前 |
[02:46] | – That was amazing. – So, can I join you? | – 真是太厉害了 – 那我可以一起进去吗 |
[02:48] | Well, a lot of these techniques do work better with two people, | 很多时候两人一起这些手段才能发挥得更好 |
[02:51] | you know, good cop/bad cop, | 比如好警察和坏警察啊 |
[02:52] | crazy cop/sane cop, | 疯警察和正常警察啊 |
[02:53] | fast-talking streetwise cop and Hong Kong cop, | 说话快又接地气的警察和香港警察啊 |
[02:56] | AKA the “Rush Hour”. You know what? Let’s do this. | 也叫做<尖峰时刻> 告诉你 我们动手吧 |
[02:58] | Let’s break this son of a bitch! | 我们来击垮这个狗娘养的 |
[03:02] | – Hello, Philip. – Detective. | – 你好 Philip – 你好 警探 |
[03:05] | This is Captain Raymond Holt. | 这是Raymond Holt警监 |
[03:06] | He’s a bit of a legend in interrogation circles. | 他是审讯界的某种传奇人物 |
[03:08] | Hey, Cap, who’s the scariest person you’ve ever gotten a confession out of? | 警监啊 你拿到口供的人里最可怕的是谁 |
[03:11] | Connie Buttons Connie Buttons. | |
[03:12] | Okay, thought it was gonna sound a little cooler, but no matter. | 好吧 我以为听上去会酷一点 但是没关系 |
[03:14] | So, shall we recap the night | 那么 能不能来回忆一下 |
[03:16] | that Robert Tupper was murdered Friday the 22nd? | 22日周五Robert Tupper被杀的那个晚上 |
[03:18] | I believe you were the last person to see him alive, correct? | 你应该是最后一个看见他还活着的人 对吗 |
[03:21] | No. I’d imagine whoever killed him saw him after I did. | 不 我觉得有人在我与他见面后杀了他 |
[03:24] | Ooh, nice dodge. You’re quick, like a cat. | 回避得很巧妙啊 你灵活的像只猫 |
[03:26] | – Like a dancer. – Like Great Tiger. | – 像个跳舞的 – 像只”大老虎” |
[03:30] | From “Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out.” | 出自<迈克·泰森的拳无虚发> |
[03:31] | He could teleport around the ring. | 他能在拳击台里瞬间移动 |
[03:32] | Most people thought it was impossible to get past him. | 几乎所有人都觉得不可能打倒他 |
[03:34] | I beat him every time. | 我每次都能打败他 |
[03:35] | You just punch him when he gets dizzy. | 你只需要在他头晕时给他一击 |
[03:36] | Really?! | 真的吗 |
[03:37] | I mean, duh. Everyone knows that. | 我是说 废话啊 大家都知道 |
[03:39] | Tell us about Friday. | 跟我们讲讲周五那天吧 |
[03:40] | I had a late afternoon surgery. | 下午晚些时候我有一台手术 |
[03:41] | Simple gum graft. | 简单的牙龈移植 |
[03:42] | It wrapped around 6:00, and then Robert and I talked after. | 六点左右结束之后 我和Robert交谈了一会 |
[03:45] | And who else was in the office? | 那办公室里还有其他人吗 |
[03:46] | Our hygienist and anesthesiologist had gone home, | 我们的牙科卫生员和麻醉师都回家了 |
[03:48] | and Grace, who usually locks up, | 平常负责锁门的Grace |
[03:50] | had left early because her grandson had a school play. | 也因为要去看她孙子的校园剧提前走了 |
[03:52] | So it was just you and Robert. | 所以只有你和Robert两个人 |
[03:54] | – No witnesses? – That’s lucky. | – 没有目击者吗 – 真是幸运 |
[03:55] | It wasn’t lucky because there was nothing to witness. | 不是幸运 因为根本没什么好目击的 |
[03:58] | Robert just wanted to talk about | Robert只是想和我谈谈 |
[04:00] | firing one of our office assistants, Cheryl. | 开除我们的一个办公室助手Cheryl的事 |
[04:02] | – And that’s all you discussed? – Yeah. | – 这是你们谈话的全部内容吗 – 是的 |
[04:04] | – Nothing else? – Nah. | – 没有别的吗 – 没有 |
[04:05] | – Zero other subjects were mentioned? – None. | – 其他任何事都没提吗 – 没有 |
[04:06] | Not even how gross gum grafts are? | 连牙龈移植多恶心都没提吗 |
[04:08] | They’re really not that gross. | 那并不是很恶心 |
[04:09] | Liar! About the gum graft thing and about the meeting. | 说谎 牙龈移植和你们的谈话都是瞎编的 |
[04:12] | We just talked about Cheryl. | 我们只谈了Cheryl |
[04:14] | Right. | 好吧 |
[04:14] | And, of course, there’s no way for me to check if that’s true, | 当然了 我也没法核实是不是真的 |
[04:16] | because whoever took Robert’s phone wiped all of his calendars. | 因为拿了Robert手机的人会清除他的日程安排 |
[04:20] | Except… it was all backed up on his home laptop. | 除非 在他家的笔记本电脑上都有备份 |
[04:23] | Would you like to hear what he said the meeting was about? | 你想听听他写的谈话内容是什么吗 |
[04:26] | 7 p.m. Talked with Philip about… | 晚上七点 和Philip讨论 |
[04:29] | Missing meds. | 丢失的处方药 |
[04:30] | Ooh. Did I get that right? | 我说对了吗 |
[04:33] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[04:34] | But “Missing meds” Hardly sounds like “Firing Cheryl,” | 但是”丢失的处方药”听起来一点也不像”开除Cheryl” |
[04:36] | so maybe you want to explain… | 所以你要不要解释一下 |
[04:38] | He thought Cheryl was stealing Diazepam. | 他认为Cheryl在偷地西泮 |
[04:39] | That’s why he wanted to fire her. | 因此他想开除她 |
[04:40] | Any other questions? | 还有什么问题吗 |
[04:42] | Uh… | 呃 |
[04:44] | Boy, you really thought you had him with that one, huh? | 老兄 你不会真的以为那一条说中了吧 |
[04:46] | – Well, I… – You got so excited for it. | – 嗯 我 – 听到那个你突然兴奋了啊 |
[04:48] | Let me guess, you, ah, practiced that notebook flip? | 我猜猜 你还练习了那个翻手册的动作 |
[04:50] | – Well, yes, obviously. – I’d like to move on, | – 是啊 显然 – 我想问下一个问题了 |
[04:52] | unless you have any other big revelations in here. | 除非你在这个问题上还能挖出什么大新闻 |
[04:55] | Let’s see. “From Gomez: Dear Morticia,” | 让我看看 “Gomez书 亲爱的Morticia” |
[04:57] | “I feel so happy when I’m wit’ ya.” | “和你在一起我非常幸福” |
[04:58] | I was just spit-balling wedding vows there. | 我只是在上面随便写写婚誓什么的 |
[05:01] | So you said you and Robert were partners, | 你说你和Robert是合伙人 |
[05:03] | but it was Robert’s name on the business, correct? | 但诊所招牌上的是Robert的名字 对吗 |
[05:05] | Yeah. He started the practice and then I joined after. | 是的 他开了诊所 我后来才加入的 |
[05:08] | Uh, Captain, something’s come up in the case. | 警监 我发现了一些线索 |
[05:10] | Can I talk to you outside for a sec? | 我们能出去谈谈吗 |
[05:12] | What the hell are you doing in there? You totally undermined me. | 你他妈刚刚在干嘛 完全削弱了我的气场 |
[05:14] | I know, and I apologize, but I’m executing a strategy. | 我知道 我道歉 但我在实施一个策略 |
[05:17] | Oh, really, and what strategy might that be? | 是吗 是什么策略呢 |
[05:19] | Make Jake feel like an idiot, | 让Jake觉得自己是个傻蛋 |
[05:21] | or make Jake feel self-conscious | 还是让Jake意识到 |
[05:22] | about his Addams Family-themed wedding vows rap? | 那段<亚当斯一家>主题婚誓说唱是有多蠢吗 |
[05:25] | No, I want Philip to underestimate you and fear me. | 不是 我想让Philip小看你并且惧怕我 |
[05:28] | I’ll badger him with my superior intellect, | 我用我高人一等的智商与他纠缠 |
[05:30] | while simultaneously belittling you. | 与此同时贬低你 |
[05:32] | Once Philip dismisses you as a threat, | 一旦Philip对你放松警惕 |
[05:34] | I’ll leave you alone with him, and he’ll let his guard down. | 我就出来让你一个人和他呆着 他将不再防备 |
[05:36] | If I didn’t know any better, | 要是我不知情的话 |
[05:37] | I would say you’re describing smart cop/dumb cop. | 我会以为你在描述聪明警察和笨警察组合 |
[05:39] | Look, I thought you had him on the calendar reveal. | 听着 我觉得你在日程安排上抓到了他的把柄 |
[05:42] | But he was a step ahead. | 但他领先了一步 |
[05:43] | You got flustered, | 你乱了手脚 |
[05:44] | and I realized in the moment we could use this to our advantage. | 我立刻意识到我们可以利用这一点 |
[05:47] | So what do you want me to do, ask stupid questions? | 那你想让我做什么 问些愚蠢的问题吗 |
[05:49] | Stupid questions, grammatical errors, | 问愚蠢的问题 搞点语法错误 |
[05:51] | lose your train of thought, just ask him to confess… | 思路混乱 一味地叫他认罪 |
[05:53] | ooh, relate everything back to those movies you’ve seen. | 把所有事情都往你看的那些电影上靠 |
[05:56] | Kinda seems like a shot at me about “Die Hard”. But okay. | 听着像是在吐槽我不停提起<虎胆龙威>的事 但好吧 |
[05:58] | This is not a comment on you, Peralta. | 我不是在对你评头论足 Peralta |
[06:00] | I just want to bring this guy down. | 我只是想让他认罪 |
[06:01] | Yeah, that’s all I want too. | 我也是这么想的啊 |
[06:04] | And to possibly say, “You can’t handle the tooth.” | 而且还能这么说 “你无法掌控这颗牙齿” |
[06:08] | You know, if it comes up naturally. | 你知道的 如果能顺其自然刚好提到的话 |
[06:09] | – It won’t. – It might. | – 不会的 – 有可能啊 |
[06:11] | I actually think… it can’t. | 事实上我觉得 不可能 |
[06:13] | So what do you say? | 你怎么说 |
[06:16] | Me want to. | 偶也来 |
[06:19] | – Dumb cop. – I got that. | – 笨警察 – 我懂 |
[06:20] | – Yeah. – Well done. | – 好吧 – 演得不错 |
[06:21] | – Mm-hmm. – So, the night of the murder, | – 嗯哼 – 那么谋杀发生当晚 |
[06:23] | you met with Robert in the surgical suite. | 你和Robert在手术室外见面 |
[06:25] | Why there? Why not your office? | 为什么在那儿 为什么不在你办公室见面 |
[06:26] | Uh, just preparing for the next day’s surgeries. | 因为要为第二天的手术做准备 |
[06:28] | Don’t you have an assistant who does that? | 你没有助理干这活吗 |
[06:30] | I’m a meticulous person. I’m careful how I do things. | 我是个一丝不苟的人 我做事很仔细的 |
[06:33] | So careful that you… | 仔细到 |
[06:35] | I’m sorry, I forgot what I was gonna say. | 对不起 我忘了我要说什么 |
[06:37] | Come back to me. | 思绪快回来啊 |
[06:38] | Now, we did a sweep of the room | 我们搜查了整个房间 |
[06:40] | where you and Robert fought. | 也就是在那里你和Robert发生了争吵 |
[06:41] | – Talked. – Right, talked. | – 交谈 – 好吧 交谈 |
[06:43] | – The entire room had been scrubbed. – It had been cleaned. | – 整个房间都被彻底清洗过了 – 是被打扫过了 |
[06:45] | It had undergone industrial sterilization | 房间进行过工业级别的消毒 |
[06:47] | to remove all traces of blood and DNA. | 为的就是消除任何DNA痕迹或是血迹 |
[06:50] | It’s a surgical suite. | 那是个手术室 |
[06:51] | People bleed in there every day. | 每天都有人在那里出血 |
[06:53] | We have to sanitize it by law. | 法律规定我们得消毒 |
[06:54] | Ooh, I remembered what I was gonna ask. | 我想起来我要问什么了 |
[06:57] | – Did you kill him? – No. | – 是你杀了他吗 – 不是 |
[06:58] | Ah! If you had said yes, I woulda had you! | 如果你说是的 我就能抓到你了 |
[07:00] | So, after you and Robert fought… | 那么 你和Robert争吵完后 |
[07:03] | – Talked. – You left the office, | – 是交谈 – 你离开了办公室 |
[07:04] | but you didn’t take your car? | 却没开走你的车吗 |
[07:05] | I went to a bar, The Scotchman. | 我去了酒吧 苏格兰人酒馆 |
[07:06] | I didn’t want to drive drunk, so I took a cab. | 我不想酒后驾车 所以拦了个出租 |
[07:08] | And you didn’t have your phone? | 你还没带手机 |
[07:09] | I left it charging in my office | 我留在办公室充电了 |
[07:11] | and I didn’t realize till I was already out of the building. | 我走出大楼时才发现没带手机 |
[07:13] | Oh, man, if I go ten minutes without looking at my phone, | 老兄 如果我十分钟不看手机 |
[07:15] | my pumpkin crop dies on my little farm. | 我小农场里的南瓜苗就会死掉了 |
[07:17] | This is not the time | 现在真不是 |
[07:18] | for stories about your digital squash, Peralta. | 谈论你的电子版南瓜的时候 Peralta |
[07:21] | – Fine. – Talking about your phone. | – 行吧 – 继续说你的手机 |
[07:23] | Why does it matter that I forgot it? | 为什么我忘了手机这么重要 |
[07:26] | Ohhh, if I had it on me, | 噢 如果我当时带在身上 |
[07:28] | you could’ve seen it pinging off the cell tower. | 你就能通过手机信号塔监测到它 |
[07:30] | Doesn’t matter. Didn’t have it on me. | 无所谓了 反正我没带 |
[07:32] | So you took a cab to this bar. | 你打了辆出租去这个酒吧 |
[07:34] | Well, we talked to the employees of The Scotchman. | 我们和苏格兰人酒馆的员工谈过 |
[07:36] | – Nobody saw you there. – Nobody remembers seeing me. | – 那儿没人见过你 – 只是没人记得见过我而已 |
[07:39] | But let me ask you this… did you kill him? | 那我问你 你杀了他吗 |
[07:41] | Nah. You know, | 不 你知道吗 |
[07:42] | it’s not surprising nobody remembers seeing me. | 没有人见过我也挺正常 |
[07:44] | The bar was extremely crowded that night, | 那天晚上酒吧挤满了人 |
[07:46] | and I spent my whole time in the corner | 我一整晚都呆在角落里 |
[07:47] | talking to this woman, Dana. | 跟一个叫Dana的女人聊天 |
[07:49] | Oh, so you said. | 你说过了 |
[07:50] | But when we ran all the credit card receipts, | 但我们查了所有的信用卡记录 |
[07:52] | nobody named Dana bought any drinks that night. | 当晚没有叫Dana的人买过酒 |
[07:54] | Trust me, Dana wasn’t buying her own drinks. | 相信我 Dana的酒可不用自己买 |
[07:59] | No | 拒绝 |
[07:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:00] | – Hold on. – Hm? | – 等会 – 嗯 |
[08:02] | I need to deal with this. Let’s take a five. | 我得处理一下这个 休息五分钟 |
[08:04] | Or… I could keep this interview going solo. | 或者 我可以一个人继续进行这场审讯 |
[08:07] | Of course. I’m sure that’ll be, um… | 当然了 我肯定那会 |
[08:09] | pretty helpful. | 非常有帮助的 |
[08:11] | All right. Where should we start-a-rooski? | 好了 我们该从哪儿开始呢 |
[08:14] | Don’t you think maybe we should just wait | 你不觉得我们应该 |
[08:16] | till your boss comes back? | 等你的头儿回来吗 |
[08:17] | Oh, you’d like that, wouldn’t you? | 你想要那样 不是吗 |
[08:19] | Because you’re scared. | 因为你害怕了 |
[08:21] | You know I’m playing hardball, | 你知道我要采取强硬手段(打硬式棒球)了 |
[08:22] | except for that the balls are questions. | 不过说是棒球 其实是问题 |
[08:24] | And here they come. | 这就开始了 |
[08:25] | What kind of car did Robert drive? | Robert开的是什么车 |
[08:26] | Also, Dana from the bar, what color was her hair, | 还有 酒吧里的那个Dana的头发是什么颜色的 |
[08:28] | and which night does the cleaning crew sterilize your office, | 还有清洁工哪几个晚上会给你的办公室消毒 |
[08:30] | and have you ever been up to where the body was found, | 你有去过尸体被发现的地方吗 |
[08:32] | and when you left your phone at the office, | 还有你把手机放在办公室充电的时候 |
[08:33] | was it plugged into your computer or an outlet, | 是插在电脑上还是电源插座上 |
[08:35] | and did you kill him, and what did your cab driver look like? | 是你杀了他吗 你的出租车司机长啥样 |
[08:37] | This seems like a huge waste of time. | 这些看上去真是浪费时间 |
[08:39] | But, here you go. | 不过 听好了 |
[08:41] | Robert drove a Saab, Dana’s hair was blonde, | Robert开的是瑞典萨布牌轿车 Dana头发是金色的 |
[08:43] | they sterilize on Wednesdays and Saturdays, | 他们每周三和周六进行消毒 |
[08:45] | I haven’t been to Vernon in 20 years, | 我有20年没去过弗农了 |
[08:47] | the phone was plugged into the wall, | 手机是插在墙上充电的 |
[08:48] | no, I didn’t kill him, | 还有不 我没有杀他 |
[08:50] | and the cab driver had a beard and an earring… | 出租车司机留着胡须带着只耳环 |
[08:51] | I sorry I didn’t get his license number. | 抱歉没有记住他的车牌号 |
[08:54] | Wow. | 哇 |
[08:56] | – Very impressive. – Yeah. | – 很了不起 – 是啊 |
[08:57] | You didn’t fall for my “Did you kill him” Gambit. | 你没有被我那”你杀了他吗”的策略骗到 |
[08:59] | No. | 并没有 |
[09:00] | Although it is interesting that you knew | 不过有趣的一点是 |
[09:02] | the body was found in Vernon, New York, | 你知道尸体是在纽约的弗农被发现的 |
[09:03] | when that information hasn’t been released to the public. | 而这一信息还没有向公众发布呢 |
[09:09] | Well, hello, Dolly. | 看吧 <你好 红娘> |
[09:15] | I can’t believe you thought I was the dumb cop. | 不敢相信你以为我是那个笨警察 |
[09:17] | I mean, I’ve watched “Planet Earth.” | 我说 我可是看过<地球脉动>的 |
[09:19] | With the British narrator. | 旁白还是英国人说的 |
[09:21] | I can tell you anything you want to know about | 我能告诉你任何你想知道的 |
[09:23] | “Three-toed slow-ths” | 关于”三-趾-树-懒”的事情 |
[09:25] | and I got you to say you knew where the body was found, | 我抓到你说你知道尸体是在哪儿被发现的了 |
[09:27] | which kinda seems like something | 这一点看起来像是 |
[09:28] | only the murderer would’ve known. | 只有谋杀犯才会知道的信息 |
[09:29] | Actually… Robert’s wife told me. | 事实上 是Robert老婆告诉我的 |
[09:32] | I’ve been talking with her a lot, comforting her. | 我跟她聊了很多 安慰她 |
[09:35] | We asked her not to share that info, | 我们让她不要透露这个消息 |
[09:36] | and she promised us she didn’t. | 她也保证她没有这样做 |
[09:38] | Well, she’s been distraught. She might not remember. | 她最近心烦意乱的 可能她不记得了 |
[09:40] | Uh-huh. Flimsy. So what did you mean when you said | 一点都站不住脚 那你这句话是什么意思 |
[09:42] | that you hadn’t been to Vernon in 20 years? | 你说你20年没去过弗农了 |
[09:45] | My uncle has a cabin there. I would visit him as a kid. | 我叔叔在那儿有个小屋 我小时候会去看他 |
[09:47] | Wow. So your uncle owns a cabin in the town that the body was found. | 所以你叔叔在尸体被发现的城市有座小屋 |
[09:51] | That is quite a coincidence. | 真是巧啊 |
[09:52] | I haven’t been there for 20 years. | 我有20年没去过了 |
[09:54] | You can call my uncle if you want. | 你愿意的话可以给我叔叔打电话 |
[09:55] | Oh, we are. So you might as well just confess now, | 我们正打着呢 你还不如直接认罪 |
[09:57] | or we can take our sweet time like… | 或者我们也可以选择慢慢来 |
[10:00] | the mer-jestic slow-th. | 就像”庄-严-的-树-懒”一样 |
[10:03] | Either way, we’ve got you. | 不管怎样 我们都抓到你了 |
[10:04] | – We don’t have him. – But I just told him we did have him. | – 我们没有抓到他 – 但我刚刚告诉他我们抓到他了 |
[10:07] | Philip’s uncle said he hasn’t been to the cabin in months | Philip的叔叔说他几个月都没去那个小屋了 |
[10:08] | and he hasn’t spoken to Philip in over a year. | 并且他一年多没跟Philip讲过话了 |
[10:10] | Well, what about the neighbors? | 那邻居呢 |
[10:11] | There’s only one other house off that road | 那条路上除小屋外只有一座房子 |
[10:13] | and we haven’t been able to contact the owner. | 我们还没和房子主人取得联系 |
[10:14] | Yeah, but Philip doesn’t know that. He’s rattled right now. | 但Philip并不知道 他现在正紧张着呢 |
[10:16] | We tell him the neighbor saw him that night, | 我就跟他说邻居当晚看见他了 |
[10:18] | he’ll crack for sure. | 他肯定会溃败的 |
[10:19] | – So you want us to lie? – No, I want me to lie | – 你是要我们撒谎吗 – 不 我是要我自己撒谎 |
[10:21] | and for you to stand behind me | 你站在我身后 |
[10:22] | and say, like, three oh damns | 在我正得心应手的时候 |
[10:24] | when I really get cooking. | 说大概三次”哎哟我去” |
[10:25] | All right, fine, two oh-damns. | 好吧 就说两次”哎哟我去” |
[10:27] | – One oh-damn? – There will be no oh-damns. | – 就说一次 – 我不会说”哎哟我去”的 |
[10:29] | But it will be so satisfying in your deep, powerful voice. | 但是由你那深沉有力的声音说出来是多么有成就感啊 |
[10:31] | – We’re not lying. – It’s legal. | – 我们不会撒谎的 – 这是合法的 |
[10:32] | The Supreme Court said that we’re allowed to lie in an interrogation. | 最高法院说我们在审讯中是可以撒谎的 |
[10:35] | I told a perp that I knew Steph Curry a couple days ago. | 几天前我还跟一个罪犯说我认识斯蒂芬·库里来着 |
[10:36] | It had nothing to do with the case, | 虽然跟案子没啥关系 |
[10:38] | – but I could say it. – It’s a tactical mistake. | – 但我可以这么说 – 这属于战术上的错误 |
[10:39] | You’re guessing what happened that night. | 你是在猜那天晚上发生了什么 |
[10:41] | But what if Philip never went to the cabin? | 万一Philip从没去过那个小屋呢 |
[10:42] | He did. I can feel it here. | 他去了 我这儿能感受到 |
[10:45] | – Your stomach? – No, my gut. | – 你的胃吗 – 不 我的直觉(肠子) |
[10:46] | Your gut, or intestines, is lower. | 你的直觉 或是肠子 在低点的地方 |
[10:48] | You should point down here, closer to your pubis. | 你应该指着这儿 靠近你的耻骨的地方 |
[10:49] | – I’m good. – Suppose you’re wrong. | – 我没事了 – 假如你错了 |
[10:51] | Now Philip knows we have nothing. | Philip就知道我们什么证据都没有 |
[10:53] | There goes our credibility and our leverage. | 我们的可信度和筹码就都没了 |
[10:55] | No, we need a different strategy, | 不行 我们得换个不同的策略 |
[10:57] | All right, fine. How about this… | 好了 行吧 这样怎么样 |
[10:59] | I convince him I’m unstable. | 让他相信我精神不稳定 |
[11:01] | I run in there screaming, | 我尖叫着跑进去 |
[11:03] | I throw a chair through the two-sided mirror, | 把椅子往双面镜上砸 |
[11:04] | glass goes everywhere. He’s like, | 玻璃到处乱飞 他就会想 |
[11:06] | “If Mad Dog Peralta will do that,” | “如果疯狗Peralta这都做得出来” |
[11:08] | “who knows what else he’s capable of?” | “谁知道他还能干些什么” |
[11:10] | No offense, but you don’t get angry well. | 无意冒犯 你不是很会发脾气 |
[11:12] | What? That’s not true. Remember how angry I got about | 什么 才不是这样 记得龙母从龙石岛飞速 |
[11:14] | how fast Daenerys got from Dragonstone to north of the Wall? | 跑到长城以北的时候我有多生气吗 |
[11:16] | That was intense. | 那次太激烈了 |
[11:17] | You have a boyish face and a big goofy grin. | 你有一张孩子气的脸并且会露出愚蠢的笑容 |
[11:19] | It’s like being yelled at by a children’s cereal mascot. | 那就好像是在被儿童麦片上的吉祥物大吼大叫 |
[11:21] | Hey, some of those are scary. Count Chocula much? | 嘿 有一些很吓人的 Count Chocula麦片还不够吗 |
[11:24] | All right, fine, I see your point. What do you suggest? | 好吧 好吧 我懂你的意思了 你想怎么做 |
[11:27] | Let’s get all up in his personal space. | 让我们侵占他的私人空间 |
[11:28] | – Make him feel uncomfortable. – Okay, fine. | – 让他感觉不舒服 – 好吧 好吧 |
[11:31] | Let’s get intimate. | 让我们亲密起来 |
[11:34] | So, Philip, you’re hanging out at the bar with “Dana.” | 所以 Philip 你在酒吧和”Dana”混在一起 |
[11:39] | How late did you stay? | 你待到多晚 |
[11:40] | I got in the cab around 3:30. | 我大约是凌晨3:30上的出租车 |
[11:41] | Kinda hard to find a cab in that neighborhood. | 在那个街区要招到一辆出租车有点难 |
[11:43] | Why not a ride-sharing service? | 为什么不拼个车呢 |
[11:44] | Didn’t have my phone, remember? | 我手机落下了 还记得吗 |
[11:45] | – Did you talk to the driver? – No. | – 你和司机说话了吗 – 没有 |
[11:47] | What route did you take? | 你走的什么路线 |
[11:48] | I don’t know, I was watching Taxi TV. | 我不知道 我在看出租车上的电视 |
[11:49] | – What was on? – Fallon highlights. | – 放的是什么呢 – <肥伦今夜秀精彩场面> |
[11:51] | – What was he doing? – Slow-jamming the news. | – 他在干什么 – 即兴慢说唱新闻 |
[11:53] | – Who was the guest? – Amy Adams. | – 嘉宾是谁 – 艾米·亚当斯 |
[11:55] | – Who’s that? – Famous actress. | – 那是谁 – 著名女演员 |
[11:58] | – Why would you… – Wow. | – 你为什么 – 哇哦 |
[12:00] | You got some old silver fillings in there. | 你在那里面有一些老的镶银 |
[12:01] | You probably want to drill those out, replace ’em with porcelain. | 你也许会想把这些东西钻出来 换成陶瓷比较好 |
[12:04] | – Okay, but why… – And that is some serious plaque buildup. | – 好吧 但是为什么 – 并且那里有很严重的牙斑菌堆积 |
[12:07] | – Let’s get back to… – No, no, no. | – 让我们回到 – 不 不 不 |
[12:08] | Open wider. Let me see. | 张大一点 让我看看 |
[12:11] | Good God, when is the last time you had a cleaning? | 我的天呐 你上一次洗牙是什么时候了 |
[12:13] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[12:14] | Not only did we not break him, | 我们不但没有揭穿他 |
[12:15] | but now I have to go to the dentist?! | 反而现在我还要去看牙医了吗 |
[12:17] | We need a new strategy. | 我们需要一个新的策略 |
[12:19] | And all this dental talk has given me an idea. | 并且这个牙医对话给了我一个主意 |
[12:23] | Okay. We have a few more questions for you, doctor. | 好吧 我们还有一些问题 医生 |
[12:25] | Doctor. Huh. | 医生 呵 |
[12:28] | It’s funny when people call dentists “Doctor.” | 当人们叫一个牙医”医生”的时候 挺有趣的 |
[12:30] | We are doctors. | 我们是医生 |
[12:31] | We do four years of medical school. | 我们在医学院念了四年书 |
[12:32] | Yeah, but it’s called “Dental school.” | 没错 但是那是”牙医学校” |
[12:34] | But we learn about the entire body. | 但是我们会学习整个身体的相关内容 |
[12:35] | But if you had cancer, you wouldn’t call a dentist. | 但是如果你得了癌症 你可不会找牙医 |
[12:37] | You know it’s actually harder to get into dental school than medical school. | 你要知道事实上进牙医学校比进医学院更难 |
[12:40] | Well, because there are fewer dental schools. | 好吧 不过那是因为牙医学校的数量更少 |
[12:42] | Because most people want to become actual doctors. | 因为大多数人想要成为一个真正的医生 |
[12:44] | That’s ridiculous. It’s not like we’re college professors | 这太荒谬了 这不像是我们是大学教授 |
[12:47] | calling ourselves “Doctors.” | 在叫我们自己”博士(医生)” |
[12:48] | – Not the same thing, my friend. – Well, sure it is. | – 这不是一件事 我的朋友 – 不 这当然是了 |
[12:50] | When someone has a heart attack on a plane, | 当有个人在飞机上心脏病犯了的时候 |
[12:51] | do they yell out, | 会有人这么呼喊吗 |
[12:52] | “Yo, does anybody here have an Art History PhD?” | “哟 这里有人有艺术史PhD吗” |
[12:54] | A PhD is a doctorate. | PhD是博士学位 |
[12:56] | It’s literally describing a doctor. | 这是在字面意义上描述一个博士 |
[12:58] | – Maybe let’s refocus. – No! | – 也许让我们重新调整一下重点 – 不 |
[12:59] | The problem here is that medical practitioners | 这里的问题就是执业医生 |
[13:01] | have co-opted the word “Doctor.” | 笼络了这个词”博士” |
[13:04] | – Okay, Captain… – I know we live in a world | – 好吧 警监 – 我知道我们住在一个 |
[13:05] | where anything can mean anything, | 可以用任何东西描述任何东西的世界 |
[13:07] | and nobody even cares about etymolo… | 并且没有任何人会在乎语源 |
[13:11] | Apparently that’s a trigger for me. | 显然那对于我来说是一个引爆器 |
[13:13] | Yeah, apparently. | 没错 显然 |
[13:15] | So… now can we lie? | 所以 现在我们可以撒谎了吗 |
[13:17] | No, no. But you know what often works? | 不 不 但是你知道什么会经常奏效吗 |
[13:20] | Making him confront his victim. | 让他直面他的受害人 |
[13:23] | Look your dead friend in the eyes | 看着你死去的朋友的眼睛 |
[13:25] | and say his name. | 并且说出他的名字 |
[13:27] | Robert Robert. | |
[13:29] | Okay, maybe say his full name. | 好吧 也许说一下他的全名 |
[13:31] | – Robert Tupper. – His middle name’s Henry. | – Robert Tupper – 他的中间名是Henry |
[13:33] | Robert Henry Tupper Robert Henry Tupper. | |
[13:34] | His wife called him Rob. Work that in. | 他的老婆叫他Rob 把那个加进去 |
[13:36] | – Rob Tupper. – Work it into the full name. | – Rob Tupper – 用全名说 |
[13:37] | Robert “Rob” Henry Tupper Robert “Rob” Henry Tupper. | |
[13:38] | Now say it with a frown on your face. | 然后你给我皱着眉头说出来 |
[13:40] | Robert “Rob” Henry Tupper Robert “Rob” Henry Tupper. | |
[13:41] | Now try not to blink, so tears come to your eyes. | 现在试着不要眨眼 这样眼泪就可以流下来 |
[13:43] | Robert “Rob” Henry Tupper Robert “Rob” Henry Tupper. | |
[13:44] | Man, this guy is a good murderer! | 伙计 这家伙是个厉害的杀人犯 |
[13:46] | There’s got to be some way to break him. | 总会有什么办法揭穿他的 |
[13:47] | Wait a minute. I just had an idea. | 等一下 我有个办法了 |
[13:50] | Two, three, four. | 二 三 四 |
[13:57] | Yeah, I really got to stop trying that. It never works. | 好吧 我真的打算要放弃尝试这法子了 它从来没有奏效过 |
[14:02] | Tell us more about your relationship with Robert. | 再和我们说说你和Robert的关系 |
[14:03] | We’ve been over this a thousand times. | 我们已经说过超过一千次了 |
[14:05] | We got along well. | 我们相处得很好 |
[14:06] | So you never fought, at all. About anything. | 所以你们从不会有争执 关于任何事都是这样 |
[14:08] | I mean, we worked together. We disagreed sometimes. | 我的意思是 我们在一起工作 我们有时候会有意见分歧 |
[14:10] | But we had a good partnership. | 但是我们的合作关系不错 |
[14:12] | He never, for instance, | 他可从不会 举个例子 |
[14:14] | skipped a party so he could micromanage me as I tried to do my job. | 为了在我试着做我的工作的时候对我指手画脚而翘掉派对 |
[14:17] | That’s what’s happening here, right? | 那是在这里发生的事 对吗 |
[14:18] | That’s why you’re wearing the tuxedo? | 那是为什么你穿着晚礼服吗 |
[14:20] | I skipped the opera, not a party; it’s no big deal. | 我翘掉了歌剧 不是派对 这无关紧要 |
[14:21] | Yeah, it’s the Bugs Bunny one. | 那可是兔八哥唱的那支 |
[14:23] | And I’m not here to micromanage anyone. | 并且我不是在这里对任何人指手画脚的 |
[14:24] | I’m here because I enjoy interrogating scum. | 我在这里是因为我喜欢审讯人渣 |
[14:26] | – Scum like you. – That was implied. | – 就像你这样的人渣 – 那是一句隐喻 |
[14:28] | I just thought we had a good rhythm going. | 我以为我们谈话的节奏不错来着 |
[14:29] | – We do. – I know. | – 我们是这样 – 我知道 |
[14:30] | – Okay. – Okay. | – 好吧 – 好吧 |
[14:31] | You don’t think the fact that he skipped the opera | 你不觉得他翘掉歌剧这事 |
[14:33] | has anything to do with him not believing in you? | 和他不信任你有关吗 |
[14:35] | He believes in me. | 他信任我 |
[14:36] | Okay. Why did he make you dumb cop? | 好吧 那为什么他要让你演笨警察 |
[14:39] | He didn’t make me dumb cop, | 他没让我做笨警察 |
[14:41] | not that it’s any of your business. | 这也不关你事 |
[14:42] | We agreed on it as a strategy. | 我们同意这么来 是因为这是一个审讯策略 |
[14:44] | Right, but why wasn’t he dumb cop? | 好吧 但为什么他不当笨警察呢 |
[14:47] | Please. You never would have bought that. | 拜托 这样你可永远不会相信的 |
[14:48] | – What? – It’s just that, um, | – 什么 – 就是这样 额 |
[14:50] | between the two of us, you are more believable as a… | 在我们两个当中 你更加可以被相信当成一个 |
[14:53] | – Dumb? – Yes, dumb. | – 笨的吗 – 没错 笨的 |
[14:54] | Uh, the-the dumber of two smart options. | 呃 是在两个聪明人中比较笨的那个 |
[14:57] | Wow. Rough. | 哇哦 真狠 |
[14:58] | All right, that’s enough. You’re not interrogating us. | 好了 够了 这不是你在审讯我们 |
[15:00] | – We’re interrogating you. – Exactly. | – 是我们在审讯你 – 正是如此 |
[15:02] | Tell us about that Diazepam. | 和我们说说地西泮 |
[15:03] | If Cheryl didn’t take it, then who did? | 如果Cheryl没有拿 那么是谁拿的 |
[15:04] | Because we’re pretty sure it was you. | 因为我们非常确定那是你 |
[15:06] | Honestly, it could have been any one of our employees. | 说实话 那可以是我们员工中的任何人 |
[15:08] | They all have access to the storage room. | 他们都可以进入储藏室 |
[15:10] | You know, it’s silly, but, uh… | 你知道的 这很蠢 但是 呃 |
[15:12] | I trust the people who work for me. | 我相信那些给我工作的人 |
[15:14] | I’m telling you, Captain Holt is only in here | 我告诉你 Holt警监在场的唯一原因 |
[15:16] | because I want him here. | 是因为我希望他在场 |
[15:17] | Really? So you’re in charge? | 真的吗 所以你说了算吗 |
[15:19] | And all those strategies you’ve been coming after me with, | 并且你拿来对付我的所有策略 |
[15:22] | those were all your ideas? | 这些也全是你的主意吗 |
[15:23] | Right. The guitar thing was mine. | 没错 吉他那招是我的 |
[15:25] | And you signed off on that? | 然后你同意了那招 |
[15:27] | – Well… – Seriously? | – 好吧 – 你认真的吗 |
[15:28] | – Ooh, this is sad. – Shut up. | – 哦 这可太可悲了 – 闭嘴 |
[15:30] | – I just feel bad for you. – I said shut up. | – 我只是为你感到难过 – 我说了闭嘴 |
[15:32] | Your boss thinks you’re an idiot; that can’t feel good. | 你的上司觉得你是个白痴 这肯定不好受 |
[15:34] | All right, listen, you son of a bitch, | 好吧 听着 你个婊子养的 |
[15:36] | you think you’re smarter than us? | 你觉得你比我们聪明吗 |
[15:37] | You think you’ve gotten away with it? | 你以为已经逃脱了制裁吗 |
[15:38] | You haven’t. We’re gonna find something. | 你没有 我们会找到一些东西的 |
[15:40] | One skin cell, one eyelash, | 一个皮肤细胞 一根睫毛 |
[15:42] | one tiny inconsistency in your story, | 你的故事中的一个小小矛盾 |
[15:44] | and you’re gonna spend the rest of your life in prison. | 然后你就会在监狱里度过你余下的一生 |
[15:46] | Everyone who loves you will leave, | 所有你爱的人都会离你而去 |
[15:48] | and you will die alone! | 然后你会孑然一身的死去 |
[15:49] | And at that time, it will be your head | 在那个时候 那将会是你的头 |
[15:51] | that a bear has sex with! | 被狗熊拿来发生性行为 |
[15:57] | I’m pretty sure you’re going for angry, | 我很确信你现在怒火中烧 |
[15:59] | but in my mind, it just seems like | 但是在我心里 这就像是 |
[16:01] | when a Muppet gets upset and starts going like… | 当一个木偶感到恼火 然后就开始像 |
[16:04] | Oh, you want angry? | 哦 你想要怒火 |
[16:05] | I’ll show you angry! | 我会让你见识怒火 |
[16:10] | Do you feel like I lost the upper hand? | 你觉得我没能占上风吗 |
[16:11] | Because I still think it’s about 50/50. | 因为我依旧觉得这是一个势均力敌的局面 |
[16:13] | I told you getting angry wouldn’t work. | 我告诉过你生气这不管用的 |
[16:14] | Well, your brilliant ideas haven’t gotten us anywhere either. | 好吧 你那巧妙的想法也没有给我们带来什么进展 |
[16:17] | I’m telling you, the only thing that’s gonna work | 我告诉你 唯一会奏效的方法 |
[16:18] | is lying about the cabin. | 就是撒小屋的谎 |
[16:19] | That would be a huge mistake. | 那会是一个很大的错误 |
[16:21] | – It’ll work. – No, it will backfire | – 会有用的 – 不 那样只会惹火上身 |
[16:23] | and jeopardize the entire case. | 毁掉整个案子 |
[16:25] | Oh, so Philip is right, you don’t trust me at all. | 噢 所以说Philip是对的 你压根就不相信我 |
[16:26] | Stop it! You know you’re one of my best detectives. | 别傻了 你知道你是我最好的警探之一 |
[16:29] | So let me do this my way. | 那就按我的路子办 |
[16:30] | I did. I let you do it your way, | 我已经让你按你的路子做了 |
[16:32] | and it was a disaster. | 结果就是场灾难 |
[16:34] | I had to jump in with the dumb cop gambit | 我不得不掺和那套笨警察把戏 |
[16:35] | to rescue the interrogation. | 好把整个审讯挽救回来 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[16:38] | I know you’re frustrated, Peralta. | 我知道你觉得很挫败 Peralta |
[16:39] | But the fact is, we don’t have enough. | 但是事实是 我们手头证据不够 |
[16:41] | We may not get a confession. | 我们可能没法让他认罪 |
[16:42] | It happens. | 这时常发生 |
[16:44] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[16:47] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:49] | This guy has just really gotten under my skin. | 这货真的让我很上火 |
[16:51] | – Mine too. – I’m gonna go to the bathroom | – 我也是 – 我要去趟盥洗室 |
[16:53] | and try and clear my head. | 试试看让脑子清醒点 |
[16:54] | – I think that’s a good idea. – Good. | – 是个好主意 – 好的 |
[16:58] | Oh, no, Peralta, what are you doing? | 不不不 Peralta 你这是干什么呢 |
[17:01] | Guess what, you dick? | 你猜怎么着 混球 |
[17:03] | I just got off the phone with Vernon PD. | 我刚跟弗农那边的警局挂了个电话 |
[17:05] | Oh, no, no, no. | 别别别 |
[17:06] | Your uncle’s neighbors saw you go into the cabin | 你叔叔的邻居在案发的那天晚上 |
[17:07] | the night of the murder. | 看见你进小屋了 |
[17:08] | They ID’d your photo. I’ve got you dead to rights. | 他们指认了你的照片 你插翅难逃了 |
[17:11] | Interesting. | 有点意思 |
[17:13] | But, uh, my uncle only has one neighbor, | 不过呢 我叔叔只有一个邻居 |
[17:15] | and I’m pretty sure he didn’t identify me. | 我很确定他没法指认我 |
[17:17] | Oh, really? Because you were so careful? | 是吗 因为你非常谨慎是吗 |
[17:19] | Because he’s been dead three years. | 因为他死了三年了 |
[17:23] | Well. | 行吧 |
[17:26] | I’m friends with Steph Curry. | 我是斯蒂芬·库里的朋友 |
[17:28] | So… | 就 |
[17:32] | So, this is how it looks to me. | 这事在我看来是这样的 |
[17:34] | You were lying in an attempt to frame my client. | 你企图用谎言构陷我的客户 |
[17:36] | No, no, no, no. Look Even if we were lying | 不不不不 即便我们撒了谎 |
[17:38] | – about having a witness… – Which you are. | – 在这个目击者问题上 – 你们确实撒谎了 |
[17:39] | – The neighbor’s dead. – No, it could’ve been a squatter | – 那邻居死了 – 不 那可能是个闯入者 |
[17:41] | or a hunter or a squatting hunter, not all hunters have homes… | 或者是猎人 或者是去追闯入者的 不是所有猎人都有家的 |
[17:44] | Peralta’s point is, legally, | Peralta是想说 法律上而言 |
[17:45] | – he can say whatever the hell he wants in an interrogation. – True. | – 在审讯过程中他想说啥就说啥 – 没错 |
[17:48] | But that doesn’t play so well with juries. | 但是这话在陪审团那儿可不好使 |
[17:50] | You screwed up, and my client’s leaving. | 你们玩完了 我的客户要走人了 |
[17:52] | No! He can’t leave until I dismiss him. | 不行 除非我放人 否则他不准走 |
[17:54] | You’ve had him for ten hours | 你们已经审讯了十个小时了 |
[17:56] | and 45 minutes. | 加四十五分钟 |
[17:58] | 15 more and we file a harassment claim. | 再过十五分钟 我们会提起骚扰申诉 |
[18:00] | Great! Then I’ll just keep him for 14 minutes. | 好样的 我就再留他十四分钟 |
[18:02] | Seriously? Just to be childish? | 真的吗 就这么孩子气吗 |
[18:04] | Yuh doy! | 没错哟 |
[18:05] | I told you not to lie! | 我跟你说了不要撒谎 |
[18:07] | What were you thinking?! | 你想什么呢 |
[18:09] | I thought it would work. | 我以为能有用的 |
[18:10] | And I wanted to be the one that got him. | 我想让他认罪 |
[18:12] | Is this about your ego? | 是为了你的自尊心吗 |
[18:13] | Are you that desperate for everyone to know how great you are? | 你就那么迫切的想让所有人知道你有多厉害吗 |
[18:15] | It’s not about everyone. | 不是所有人 |
[18:17] | Okay? It’s just… | 好吗 就 |
[18:19] | I wanted you to know. | 我想让你知道而已 |
[18:24] | Oh, my God. | 哎呀 |
[18:29] | I got it! | 我知道了 |
[18:32] | He’s not answering any questions. | 他什么都不会回答 |
[18:34] | That’s okay. I have no questions. | 没事 我不是来问问题的 |
[18:35] | That’s right. I’m about to monologue, son. | 没错 我要来段独白了 小子 |
[18:37] | You better make it quick. You only got eight minutes. | 你最好快点 就剩八分钟了 |
[18:39] | All right, then let me paint you a picture | 好 来 让我给你描述一下 |
[18:40] | I’m Philipa, successful periodontist | 我是Philip 一个成功的牙周病学家 |
[18:42] | that’s become addicted to Diazepam, | 对地西泮上瘾 |
[18:44] | a sedative I take because I’m junkie scum. | 我吃这玩意是因为我嗑药上瘾 |
[18:45] | Also, for real, addiction is a disease. | 顺便 讲真 上瘾是种病 |
[18:47] | I would be super empathetic if you hadn’t murdered a man. | 你要是没杀人的话我会对你抱有超强同理心的 |
[18:49] | – What is the point of this? – I’ll get there. | – 这是要干什么 – 听我说 |
[18:50] | So, one day I’m working late when my boss Robert surprises me. | 有一天 我下班很晚 这时候我老板Robert吓了我一跳 |
[18:53] | He found out I was stealing meds… | 他发现了我偷药的事儿 |
[18:54] | again, junkie scum… also again, not your fault. | 再一次 瘾君子 顺便 不是你的错 |
[18:56] | There’s a major genetic component to addiction. | 上瘾这事有很大一部分基因因素 |
[18:58] | He says he’s gonna file a police report. | 他说他要跟警方报案 |
[18:59] | I could lose my license. | 我会因此失去执照 |
[19:00] | We fight, and something in me just snaps, | 我们打起来了 然后我突然爆发 |
[19:02] | so I grab the first thing I can find, and I hit him with it. | 抓起了手边能抓到的第一样东西 打了他 |
[19:05] | You still have no murder weapon. | 你还是没有谋杀武器 |
[19:06] | I do now. Here’s a pic I found on Yelp | 现在有了 这是我在Yelp点评网上找到的 |
[19:08] | of the surgical suite six months ago, | 六个月前手术室的照片 |
[19:10] | and here is a shot that our crime scene photographer | 这是我们罪案现场摄影师拍回来的 |
[19:12] | took of the same room two weeks after the murder. | 在凶杀案两周后同一个手术室的照片 |
[19:14] | – Notice any differences? – We’re not answering that. | – 意识到有啥不一样了吗 – 我们不会回答的 |
[19:15] | That’s all right, I can just tell you myself. | 行 我来告诉你们 |
[19:17] | The Yelp shot has six of these heavy-looking glass awards | Yelp点评上的照片背景里 有六个看起来就超级重的 |
[19:19] | from the Brooklyn Periodontics Society in the background | 布鲁克林牙周病学协会颁发的奖杯 |
[19:21] | whereas this shot only has five. | 然而在这张里 只有五个 |
[19:24] | What happened to number six? | 第六个去哪里了呢 |
[19:25] | – You murdered Robert with it! – I didn’t. | – 你用它杀了Robert – 我没有 |
[19:27] | You lost all control and you bludgeoned him to death. | 你完全失控了 所以你把他活活打死了 |
[19:29] | There must have been blood everywhere, but you got lucky. | 血肯定溅的到处都是 但是你很幸运 |
[19:31] | You were in the surgical suite; it can be sterilized. | 是在手术室里 你可以消毒清除掉 |
[19:34] | You never would have gotten away with it in your carpeted office. | 要是在你那铺着地毯的办公室里 你可就跑不了了 |
[19:36] | – That’s not what happened. – Don’t say anything more, Philip. | – 不是的 – 什么都不要再说了 Philip |
[19:37] | And your office manager would have heard all of the screaming | 本来你们办公室经理会听到所有的叫声 |
[19:40] | but she was at her grandson’s play. | 但是她去参加孙子的演出了 |
[19:41] | – Lucky again. – You’re wrong. | – 又一次 很幸运 – 你错了 |
[19:43] | You put Robert’s body into a wheelchair | 你把Robert的尸体放进轮椅里 |
[19:44] | and shoved it in the elevator. | 推进了电梯 |
[19:46] | It’s a miracle there wasn’t blood everywhere. | 没有把血流的到处都是简直是奇迹 |
[19:47] | – That’s not true. – Now you’re in the garage with a corpse. | – 不是的 – 你跟一具尸体在车库里 |
[19:49] | You panicked and left your phone in your office, | 你慌了 手机落在了办公室 |
[19:51] | and you don’t have your car keys, | 你没带自己的车钥匙 |
[19:53] | but Robert’s are in his pocket so you put him in his car | 但是Robert的钥匙在他口袋里 所以你把他放进了他的车里 |
[19:55] | – and you take off. – No. | – 你开车走了 – 不是 |
[19:56] | – You can’t believe what you’ve done. – No. | – 你不敢相信自己做了什么 – 不是 |
[19:58] | – Philip. – You’re flustered. | – Philip – 你慌了 |
[19:59] | You have no GPS, so you just start driving. | 没有GPS 你就开始开车 |
[20:00] | – No! – Philip! | – 不是 – Philip |
[20:01] | Next thing you know, you’re in the Pine Barrens, | 接下来你意识到 你在松林里 |
[20:03] | and it hits you: your uncle’s cabin. | 然后这个想法出现了 你叔叔的小屋 |
[20:04] | He has a place there. | 他在那儿有一处小屋 |
[20:05] | You’re the luckiest son of a bitch… | 你真他妈是够走运的 |
[20:06] | – It wasn’t luck! – Yes, it was. | – 不是走运 – 就是 |
[20:07] | – You got lucky at every turn! – No. | – 每一个节点你都运气很好 – 不是 |
[20:09] | I knew exactly where I was driving, | 我清楚的知道我要往哪里开 |
[20:10] | I left my phone in the office on purpose, | 我故意把手机留在办公室 |
[20:12] | I was in the surgical suite by design, | 我特意选在手术间 |
[20:14] | and I didn’t use some glass award | 而且我用的也不是什么玻璃奖杯 |
[20:15] | that any idiot would clearly see was missing. | 随便什么傻子都能看出来不见了 |
[20:17] | I made a rod out of a special dental polymer, | 我用一种特殊的牙科用的聚合物做了一根棒子 |
[20:19] | killed him with it, then melted it back down. | 用它杀了他 又熔掉了 |
[20:21] | It’s already in a patient’s mouth… son! | 它已经在一个病人的嘴里了 小子 |
[20:29] | Oh, damn. | 哎哟我去 |
[20:31] | Oh, damn. | 哎哟我去 |
[20:32] | Oh, damn! | 哎哟我去 |
[20:34] | And that is three oh-damns. | 那是三声”哎哟我去” |
[20:36] | Oh, damn! | 哎哟我去 |
[20:40] | Ohhh. Fresh air. | 啊 新鲜空气 |
[20:43] | Wow, I don’t say that a lot. | 我不怎么说这个来着 |
[20:45] | There’s one thing I still don’t understand. | 我有件事不太明白 |
[20:48] | Did you know you had the wrong murder weapon? | 你知道自己猜错了凶杀工具吗 |
[20:51] | Ah, excellent question, sir. | 好问题啊 长官 |
[20:53] | Yes. I spotted the missing dental award | 是的 我刚接手这案子的时候 |
[20:55] | when I first took the case. | 注意到了消失的奖杯 |
[20:56] | I asked around weeks ago. | 几周前问了来着 |
[20:57] | Turns out a cleaning lady knocked it over and shattered it. | 结果是清洁工弄倒给打碎了 |
[20:59] | Then why did you run in there like that? | 那你为什么还要那么说 |
[21:01] | Because in talking to you, | 因为跟你聊天的时候 |
[21:02] | I realized what Philip’s worst fear actually was: | 我想到Philip最大的恐惧是 |
[21:04] | that we would think he was just some dummy that got lucky. | 我们觉得他是个运气好的蠢货 |
[21:06] | Right. | 对 |
[21:08] | He had planned the perfect crime. | 他谋划了一场完美谋杀 |
[21:09] | And it killed him when you said he was sloppy and impulsive. | 如果你说他轻率又冲动的话 简直是要逼疯他 |
[21:12] | He needed us to know how smart he was. | 他想要我们知道他有多聪明 |
[21:13] | Right. Like someone else I know. | 对 我认识一个这样的人 |
[21:16] | Yup. | 嗯呢 |
[21:18] | Kevin. | Kevin呗 |
[21:25] | I’m proud of you, Peralta. | 我很为你骄傲 Peralta |
[21:27] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[21:29] | Now let’s go get some sleep. | 我们去睡会儿觉吧 |
[21:31] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 好呀 |
[21:34] | My goodness. We’re almost late for work. | 我的天 上班差点迟到了 |
[21:36] | Oh. Well, in that case, | 噢 行吧 这样的话 |
[21:38] | good morning, sir. | 早上好 长官 |
[21:39] | Good morning, Peralta. | 早上好 Peralta |
[21:44] | God, I love this job. | 天 我好爱这份工作 |