英文名称:Spotlight
年代:2015
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | 根据真实事件改编 | |
[01:09] | 波士顿 马萨诸塞州 1976年 | |
[01:19] | 波士顿警察局 11分局 | |
[01:23] | How’s that going? | 情况如何 |
[01:25] | The mother’s bawling and the uncle’s pissed off. | 母亲在痛哭 叔叔很生气 |
[01:27] | She’s not married? | 她没结婚 |
[01:29] | Divorced with four kids. | 离了 带着4个孩子 |
[01:31] | I guess Father was helping out. | 我猜神父只是好心帮忙 |
[01:33] | Helping out? | 帮忙 |
[01:37] | Hey,Mr. Burke,they’re in back talking to the bishop. | 嗨 伯克先生 他们正在后面和主教谈 |
[01:40] | -And Father? -We put him in the break room. | -神父呢 -我们把他安排在休息室 |
[01:42] | Any press? | 有媒体吗 |
[01:44] | Some guy from the Citizen but we sent him away. | 《公民报》 来了人 被我们打发走了 |
[01:46] | None of the big papers. | 大报都没来 |
[01:47] | Let’s keep it that way. | 让我们继续保持 |
[01:50] | -Who’s that? -Assistant DA. | -那是谁 -助理检察官 |
[01:53] | It’s gonna be hard to keep the papers away from the arraignment. | 传票肯定会闻风而来 |
[01:55] | What arraignment? | 什么传票 |
[02:00] | You can tell Father Geoghan it won’t be much longer. | 你可以告诉神父吉欧根很快就会完事了 |
[02:04] | Now,Sheila,you know what good work the church does in the community. | 希拉 你也知道教会给社区做了不少贡献 |
[02:10] | But I give you my personal guarantee | 而且我个人向你保证 |
[02:12] | that I’m going to take Father out of the parish, | 我会让神父离开堂区 |
[02:14] | and this will never happen again. | 这种事绝不会再发生了 |
[02:18] | We’ll just be another moment,Paul. | 可以再等我们一会儿吗 保罗 |
[02:22] | Of course,Father. | 当然可以 神父 |
[02:23] | Now,Sheila,I’m going to give you my personal card… | 希拉 现在我把我的个人名片给你 |
[03:04] | Losing a good reporter is always tough. | 失去一名好记者 总是让人难以接受 |
[03:07] | 《波士顿环球报》总部 2001年7月 | |
[03:08] | But losing one of our best… | 可失去我们中最好的一个 |
[03:10] | Well,to put it as eloquently as I can, | 让我用最恰当的语言来形容 |
[03:13] | it’s a real kick in the ass. | 真的是心都凉了一截啊 |
[03:15] | But,Robby here has known Stewart | 不过在这罗比认识斯图尔德 |
[03:18] | longer than most of you have been alive, | 的时间比你们的年龄都大 |
[03:19] | so,I’ll hand it off to him. Robby. | 所以下面交给你来讲吧 罗比 |
[03:22] | Oh,well,thanks,Ben. I think. | 好吧 我想得谢谢 本 |
[03:26] | Although I take issue with your reference to my seniority, | 不过我认为你这是暗示我资格最老吧 |
[03:30] | I will say that Stewart’s departure is especially painful for me | 我想说斯图尔德的离去 特别地令我难过 |
[03:35] | because,uh… For what,Stewart? | 原因嘛 是什么 斯图尔德 |
[03:38] | Twenty years now? | 有20年了吧 |
[03:39] | Stewart’s been more than willing to part | 斯图尔德总在牌桌上 |
[03:41] | with his money at the poker table. | 心甘情愿的输钱 |
[03:44] | And I’ve got a kid in college. | 而我有个孩子正上大学呢 |
[03:47] | -Yeah,but I’m gonna keep playing. -Oh,problem solved. | -可我还会继续玩的 -噢 问题解决了 |
[03:50] | Godspeed then. | 那祝你好运吧 |
[03:53] | Now,Stewart,I find the timing of your departure | 斯图尔德 我发现你离开的时机 |
[03:58] | disconcerting. | 让大家人心惶惶 |
[04:00] | The corner office sits empty, | 角落的办公室空出来了 |
[04:03] | the new editor arrives on Monday, | 新总编下周一上任 |
[04:05] | so I’m sorry,buddy,but I gotta ask ya. | 因此我冒昧的问你一句 |
[04:09] | What the hell do you know? | 你到底有什么内幕消息 |
[04:28] | How’s the cake? | 蛋糕好吃吗 |
[04:30] | It’s really good. Are you saving yours? | 很好吃 你要留着你的那份 |
[04:32] | Nah,it’s for Mike. I can never eat at those things. | 不是 这是给麦克的 我从不吃这种东西 |
[04:34] | -They kind of depress me. -I know. | -会让我心情低落 -明白 |
[04:36] | Did you see the numbers from Washington? | 你看过华盛顿那边的数据了吗 |
[04:38] | -Yeah. Very interesting. -I think so,too. | -是的 很有意思 -我也这么觉得 |
[04:40] | I’m not asking if the PD’s lying,I know they’re lying. | 我没问警察局是不是在撒谎 我知道他们在撒谎 |
[04:43] | All I’m asking,who’s behind it? | 我只想问谁是幕后指使 |
[04:46] | Oh. Okay,I get it. You don’t want to talk. | 好吧 我明白了 你不想谈 |
[04:50] | No,Dan,I’m not mad,I’m hungry. | 不 丹 我没生气 我是饿了 |
[04:51] | I’ve been talking here so long I didn’t eat lunch. | 我跟你说了太久 午饭都没吃 |
[04:53] | So I’m gonna go get something to eat, | 所以我要去吃点东西 |
[04:54] | and that’ll give you an hour to decide | 我给你一个小时考虑 |
[04:56] | whether you want to be on the right side of this | 你是想做出正确的抉择 |
[04:57] | or read about it like everybody else. | 还是和其他人一样当个看客 |
[04:59] | Bye,Dan. | 再见 丹 |
[05:00] | You think Cahill has something? | 你认为卡荷尔有料 |
[05:02] | Maybe. I just don’t think the story’s for us. | 或许吧 我只是觉得这个故事不适合我们 |
[05:05] | -Ben likes it. -Yeah,it’s not bad,it’s just not Spotlight. | -本喜欢 -恩 还行吧 但不适合《焦点》 |
[05:07] | What’s just not Spotlight? | 什么不适合《焦点》 |
[05:09] | -The PD numbers. -The numbers story. It feels thin. | -那个警察局的数据 -数据怎么来的 感觉不靠谱 |
[05:11] | Oh,you got Cahill to talk? | 噢 你让卡荷尔开口了 |
[05:15] | No,but I will. | 还没 不过我会的 |
[05:17] | Good. Then we’ll know if it’s thin. | 好 那也就能知道靠不靠谱了 |
[05:21] | -How’d it go upstairs? -Oh,okay. | -楼上进行的如何 -不错 |
[05:23] | -Robby gave a good speech. -Sure he did. | -罗比可是好一通演讲 -他拿手的啊 |
[05:26] | I heard Lubin and Connor are going to the Times. | 我听说鲁宾和康纳要去 纽约时报 |
[05:27] | -Come on,really? -Yeah,I heard that. | -这来真的 -恩 我也听说了 |
[05:29] | They’re leeching us. | 他们简直就是在抽我们的血 |
[05:30] | Well,at least they’re sending us a guy from Miami to run things. | 还好吧 至少他们派了个迈阿密的家伙来管事 |
[05:32] | That should help. | 那应该有所帮助 |
[05:34] | Has Baron even spent time in Boston? | 巴伦有在波士顿呆过吗 |
[05:36] | I don’t think he’s ever been here before. Maybe we should buy him a map. | 他从来就没来过这吧 或许我们该送他副地图 |
[05:38] | I have a friend down in Miami said he cut 15% of the staff. | 我有个迈阿密的朋友告诉我 巴伦在那裁了15%的人 |
[05:41] | -Great… -Hey,Robby. | -真好啊 -嗨 罗比 |
[05:42] | New boss coming in to make some cuts? | 新上司来这会裁员吗 |
[05:44] | I have no idea. | 我不清楚 |
[05:46] | Aren’t you sitting down with him? | 你不是要和他会面吗 |
[05:48] | -Yes,I am. -So is it about Spotlight? | -是啊 -那是和《焦点》有关 |
[05:50] | I don’t know,Mike,but I do know | 我不清楚 麦克 我只知道 |
[05:53] | that Ben needs an answer on the crime numbers story. | 本需要对那个犯罪数据的查证 |
[05:56] | I’m telling you,I really don’t think that story’s for us. | 我都说了那个故事不值得我们做 |
[06:04] | Mr. Baron. | 巴伦先生 |
[06:06] | Walter Robinson. Robby. | 沃尔特·罗宾逊 叫我罗比就行 |
[06:09] | Thanks for taking the time out of your weekend. | 谢谢你周末抽空出来 |
[06:11] | -Oh,my pleasure. -Appreciate it. | -我很荣幸 -谢谢你 |
[06:13] | What are you reading? | 你看的什么 |
[06:16] | The Curse of the Bambino. | 《贝比鲁斯魔咒》 |
[06:17] | Oh,yeah,it’s a great book. | 噢 很棒的书 |
[06:20] | The Globe has season tickets at Fenway | 顺便说下 等你安顿下来 |
[06:22] | once you’re settled in,by the way. | 环球报 有芬威球场的季票 |
[06:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:25] | Uh,to be honest,I’m not much of a baseball fan. | 实话说吧我对棒球并不感兴趣 |
[06:28] | I’m just trying to get a feel for the city. | 只是略微了解下这座城市 |
[06:31] | Oh,yeah… | 哦 |
[06:33] | So you’re originally from Boston? | 你是波士顿本地人 |
[06:35] | I am. Born and raised,yeah. | 是的 土生土长 |
[06:37] | A lot of the newsroom is from here. | 编辑部的很多人都是本地的 |
[06:39] | It really feels like a local paper in that way. | 所以感觉上很像个本地报纸 |
[06:43] | And did that change at all after the paper was sold to the Times? | 那在报纸卖给 纽约时报 后 有什么变动吗 |
[06:48] | No. No,I don’t think that had a big impact. | 没有 我认为那并有没带来多大影响 |
[06:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:54] | And you’re an editor for the Spotlight team? | 你是《焦点》团队的主编 |
[06:58] | I’d prefer to think of myself as player coach. But yes. | 是的 不过我更倾向考虑自己既是教练也是队员 |
[07:01] | Are you familiar with Spotlight? | 你熟悉《焦点》吗 |
[07:04] | No,not particularly. | 不 并不怎么熟悉 |
[07:05] | Well,we are a four-person investigative team. | 我们是一个四人的调查团队 |
[07:09] | We report to Ben Bradlee,Jr., | 向小本·布莱德里汇报 |
[07:11] | and we keep our work confidential. | 并且对我们的工作保密 |
[07:15] | What’re you working on now? | 你们现在在做什么 |
[07:17] | We just put out a piece on a shoddy construction outfit, | 我们刚刚发表了篇关于豆腐渣工程的报道 |
[07:20] | and right now we’re really just trolling around for our next story. | 现在我们正四处打探寻找下一个题材 |
[07:25] | How long does that typically take? | 那一般需要多长时间 |
[07:27] | Hard to say. A couple months. | 说不准 可能几个月吧 |
[07:30] | Couple months? | 几个月 |
[07:32] | Yeah,we don’t like to rush it. | 恩 我们不想操之过急 |
[07:34] | Once we settle on a project,we can spend a year or more investigating it. | 一旦定下一个题材 我们会花上至少一年时间进行调查 |
[07:42] | -Is that a concern? -Not necessarily. | -那是个问题 -不一定 |
[07:45] | Um,but from what I understand readership is down, | 不过据我所知 读者数量在下降 |
[07:47] | Internet is cutting into the classified business,and | 互联网抢了不少广告收入 |
[07:51] | I think I’m gonna need to take a hard look at things. | 因此我得慎重考虑各个方面 |
[07:55] | So,do you anticipate more cuts? | 那你预计还要裁员 |
[08:00] | I think it’s safe to assume so, | 我认为那样想很正常 |
[08:02] | but what I’m more focused on right now is finding a way | 不过我目前更关心的是如何 |
[08:07] | to make this paper essential to its readers. | 让这份报纸与读者息息相关 |
[08:12] | I like to think it already is. | 我觉得我们已经做到了 |
[08:15] | Fair enough. I just think that we can do better. | 好吧 我只是认为还有改进的余地 |
[08:31] | -Mr. Bradlee. -Hey. | -布莱德里先生 -嗨 |
[08:33] | Saw the PD numbers. Looks interesting. | 看了警察局的数据 感觉有料 |
[08:35] | Yeah,there’s something there. | 恩 值得一查 |
[08:36] | -How long do you need? -Another week. | -你需要多少时间 -再给我一周 |
[08:39] | -Where’re you going? -10:30. | -你要去哪 10点半的会 |
[08:42] | Since when? | 什么时候让你参加了 |
[08:43] | Technically,I am an editor. | 按规定 我也是名编辑 |
[08:46] | Technically. | 按规定 |
[08:47] | Your sit-down with Baron go that well? | 你们座谈时巴伦跟你示意了 |
[08:49] | -I couldn’t get a read on him. -That’s a first. | -我没看出来 -头一回啊 |
[08:52] | -How about you? Oh,-he’s a barrel of laughs. | -你怎么看他 -他这人不苟言笑吧 |
[08:57] | Morning,everyone. Let’s get started. | 大家早晨好 现在开会 |
[09:00] | Do you wanna say something,Marty? | 你想先说几句吗 马蒂 |
[09:02] | Uh,sure. | 好啊 |
[09:05] | Uh,hello. | 大家好 |
[09:07] | As most of you know by now,my name is Marty Baron, | 现在你们应该都知道了吧 鄙人马蒂·巴伦 |
[09:12] | I’m delighted to be here. | 我很高兴能来这 |
[09:17] | Um,if you could tell me your name as we go around,that’d be helpful. | 如果会议进行中你们能介绍一下自己 那就再好不过了 |
[09:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:23] | Okay. Peter? | 好的 皮特 |
[09:25] | Peter Canellos,Metro. | 皮特·卡内洛斯 负责都市版块 |
[09:27] | I’ve got a major Big Dig closure. | 我们有关于中央枢纽工程的重大报道 |
[09:32] | -Hey,Steve. -Hey. Mike. | -嗨 史蒂夫 -嗨 麦克 |
[09:35] | Crappy game last night,huh? | 昨晚的比赛很糟糕 |
[09:37] | Yeah,they can’t hit worth a nickel. | 恩 他们打得可真臭 |
[09:39] | Hey listen,what’s Eileen McNamara doing in the 10:30? | 问一下 艾琳·麦克纳马拉跑去10点半的会议干嘛 |
[09:43] | -Do you need something,-Mike? No,just curious. | -你需要什么吗 麦克 -不需要 只是好奇而已 |
[09:46] | Go be curious somewhere else. I got work to do,huh? | 去别处好奇去 我还有活要干 |
[09:48] | Okay,Steve. | 好吧 史蒂夫 |
[09:50] | -See you. -Yeah. | -一会见 -恩 |
[09:51] | And it looks like Pedro’s gonna be out until September 1st. | 好像佩德罗9月1日才能再出场 |
[09:54] | Jimmy says he’ll be back this year,but the doc didn’t seem so sure. | 吉米称自己今年就能重回赛场 可医生并不敢肯定 |
[09:57] | When’s the Pats’ opener? | 新英格兰爱国者的揭幕战什么时候开始 |
[10:03] | Is that everyone? | 这都介绍了 |
[10:05] | -Yes,that’s it. -Okay. Good. | -是的 都介绍了 -很好 |
[10:07] | Thank you. Uh… | 谢谢你 |
[10:09] | Did everyone read Eileen McNamara’s column this weekend? | 你们都看了艾琳·麦克纳马拉这周末的专栏了吗 |
[10:14] | That’s the Geoghan case? | 那个吉欧根案子 |
[10:15] | Yeah,what’s the folo on that? | 是的 有后续报道吗 |
[10:18] | It’s a column,what kind of folo were you thinking? | 就是个专栏稿 你还想有什么后续 |
[10:22] | Uh,well,apparently this priest molested kids | 显而易见的是 这个神父过去30年里 |
[10:25] | in six different parishes over the last 30 years, | 在6个不同堂区猥亵过很多小孩 |
[10:27] | and the attorney for the victims,Mr… | 而且受害人的代理律师 那个谁 |
[10:30] | -Garabedian. -Thanks,Eileen. | -加拉贝迪安 -谢谢你艾琳 |
[10:32] | Mr. Garabedian says Cardinal Law found out | 加拉贝迪安先生声称主教劳 |
[10:34] | about it 15 years ago and did nothing. | 15年前就知情却一直没采取任何措施制止 |
[10:36] | Yeah,I think that attorney’s a bit of a crank, | 恩 我觉得那个律师脾气有点火爆 |
[10:38] | and the church dismissed the claim. | 并且教会说那是无中生有 |
[10:39] | He said,she said. | 别人云亦云 |
[10:41] | Whether Mr. Garabedian is a crank or not | 不管加拉贝迪安脾气如何 |
[10:43] | he says he has documents that prove the cardinal knew. | 他声称手里有文件能证明主教知情 |
[10:45] | As I understand it,those documents are under seal. | 可据我了解这些文件都被封存了 |
[10:48] | Okay,but the fact remains,a Boston priest abused 80 kids, | 没错 可事实摆在这 一名波士顿神父性侵了80个小孩 |
[10:52] | we have a lawyer who says he can prove Law knew about it, | 而且有位律师声称他能证明主教劳知情 |
[10:54] | and we’ve written all of,uh,two stories in the last six months. | 而我们在过去6个月仅仅做了2篇报道 |
[10:59] | This strikes me as an essential story to a local paper. | 我感觉这个故事对一份本地报纸来说 是至关重要的 |
[11:02] | I think at the very least,we have to go through those documents. | 我觉得至少我们得去查阅那些文件 |
[11:06] | How would you like to do that? | 你想怎么做 |
[11:08] | Oh,uh… | 呃 |
[11:10] | I don’t know what the laws are here, | 我不清楚这儿的法律程序 |
[11:11] | but in Florida we would go to court. | 可在佛罗里达我们会上法院 |
[11:14] | You want to sue the church? | 你想起诉教会 |
[11:17] | Technically we wouldn’t sue the church. | 具体操作的话我们不是去起诉教会 |
[11:18] | We’d file a motion to lift the seal on those documents. | 我们只是提交一个动议去解封这些文件 |
[11:21] | The church will read that as us suing them. | 可教会肯定解读这是想告他们 |
[11:24] | So will everybody else. | 其他人也会这么想 |
[11:26] | Good to know. | 知道就行 |
[11:31] | Gutsy call for the first day. | 第一天上任就这么有魄力 |
[11:32] | That’s one word for it. | 那是一种说法 |
[11:34] | How do you think that’s gonna play down front? | 你觉得那会造成什么情况 |
[11:36] | I think Gilman’s gonna shit a brick. | 我觉得吉尔曼会寝食难安的 |
[11:38] | -Hey. -Door. | -嘿 -关上门 |
[11:40] | How’d it go? | 情况如何 |
[11:41] | Well,Baron wants to sue for the sealed docs in the Geoghan case. | 呃 巴伦想要请求解封吉欧根案子的文件 |
[11:45] | Wants to sue the church? Hey,that’s great. | 想告教会吗 太棒了 |
[11:48] | We covered Geoghan when the story broke three years ago. | 三年前消息传出时我们就报道过吉欧根的案子 |
[11:51] | Baron was still in Miami. | 那时巴伦还在迈阿密 |
[11:53] | I think he might have been at the Times then,actually. | 我想他当时应该在 纽约时报 |
[11:55] | He wasn’t here. | 他没在那 |
[11:56] | So do you think that suit has a chance? | 那么你们觉得上诉有戏吗 |
[11:59] | Depends on the judge. | 那得看法官 |
[12:01] | And what parish he belongs to. | 还有他隶属哪个堂区 |
[12:04] | Bradlee. Yeah. | 布莱德里 好 |
[12:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:10] | Baron wants to talk to us. | 巴伦想叫我们过去谈谈 |
[12:12] | Us? | 我们 |
[12:14] | Okay,Jon. Thank you. | 好的 约翰 谢谢 |
[12:16] | Yes. Okay,thanks. | 好 好的 谢谢 |
[12:20] | I’ve set up a meeting for tomorrow with outside counsel. | 我定下了明天和外聘律师会面 |
[12:23] | -Jon Albano? -Yeah. | -乔恩·阿尔巴诺 -是的 |
[12:25] | Who’s the judge in this case? | 这个案子的法官是谁 |
[12:29] | Constance Sweeney. | 康斯坦丝·斯维尼 |
[12:31] | -Tough. -Why’s that? | -难办 -为什么 |
[12:33] | Good Catholic girl. Huh. | 虔诚的女天主教徒 |
[12:37] | So,um, | 那么 |
[12:39] | judging from what I’ve read,it doesn’t seem like we’ve done | 从我读过的内容判断 我觉得似乎 |
[12:41] | a very thorough investigation into the Geoghan case. | 我们在吉欧根案上只是草草了事 |
[12:44] | -Is that right? -No,it’s not. | -对吧 -不 不对 |
[12:47] | We looked hard at Geoghan. | 吉欧根案我们下了功夫的 |
[12:49] | David Armstrong from Metro, | 都市版的大卫·阿姆斯特朗 |
[12:50] | Michael Paulson for Religion. | 还有宗教版的迈克尔·保尔森一同负责 |
[12:52] | Okay,but,uh,just so I understand, | 好的 不过我想说的是 |
[12:55] | beyond our daily coverage,we haven’t… | 除了我们的日常报道 我们并没有 |
[12:58] | We haven’t committed any long-term investigative resources | 安排人员去进行深入细致的调查 |
[13:01] | to the question of whether or not Cardinal Law knew about this? | 以确认劳主教是否知情 |
[13:05] | No,we haven’t. | 没有 我们没那样做 |
[13:06] | And that’s the kind of thing your team would do? | 那这种事属于你们的团队去做 |
[13:08] | Spotlight? Well,yeah. | 《焦点》吗 是的 |
[13:10] | But we’re still prospecting the Boston PD story I told you about. | 不过我们仍然在查探波士顿警察局的事 之前有跟你说过的 |
[13:15] | Could you set that aside? | 你能先把它搁置一下吗 |
[13:16] | We could. | 可以啊 |
[13:18] | Marty,in past Spotlight’s had success in large part | 马蒂 《焦点》过去之所以取得成功 都要归功于 |
[13:21] | because they pick their own projects. | 他们自主选题 |
[13:27] | Would you consider picking this one? | 你会考虑选择这个吗 |
[13:30] | I don’t know if he’s writing about you, | 我不知道他会不会把你写进去 |
[13:31] | but I will let him know you called. | 不过我会让他知道你打来电话的 |
[13:33] | Okay,bye. | 好的 再见 |
[13:35] | -Hey. -Hey,how’d it go? | -嘿 -嘿 谈得怎么样 |
[13:38] | Okay. Uh… | 还好吧 |
[13:40] | Baron wants us to scrub the Geoghan case. | 巴伦想我们去调查吉欧根的案子 |
[13:44] | -That’s great. -Didn’t we cover Geoghan? | -那太好了 -我们以前报道过吉欧根吧 |
[13:46] | Yeah,there’s a lawyer alleging Cardinal Law knew about it. | 恩 有名律师声称主教劳早就知情 |
[13:49] | -Mmm. Mitch Garabedian,right? -Yeah. | -米奇·加拉贝迪安 对吧 -对 |
[13:50] | I covered him at the courthouse. | 我在法院报道过他 |
[13:52] | -Can you get to him? -I only interviewed him once. | -你能联系上他吗 -我就采访过他一次 |
[13:54] | He’s kind of a character. | 他这人挺怪的 |
[13:55] | I like characters. I’ll take him. | 我就喜欢怪人 让我来吧 |
[13:57] | Good. You take him. | 好 就交给你了 |
[13:58] | Also,we should be talking to,uh, | 另外我们还得跟 |
[14:00] | the lawyer who repped the victims in the Porter case. | 波特案里受害人的律师谈谈 |
[14:02] | Eric Macleish. Uh-huh. | 埃里克·麦克利什 |
[14:03] | -That guy was always on TV. -Yeah,the Porter case? | -那家伙超爱上电视 -波特案 |
[14:06] | -Remind me. -Yeah,um,Father Porter,similar story. | -给我点提示 -好 神父波特 案情类似 |
[14:09] | Molested dozens of kids in Fall River about 10 years ago. | 10年前在福尔河猥亵了几十个小孩 |
[14:11] | So,we’re dropping the Boston PD? | 那我们不管波士顿警察局的事了 |
[14:13] | -I vote yes. -No,no. | -我赞成 -不是的 |
[14:14] | We just gotta set it aside for now. | 我们只是暂时搁置而已 |
[14:16] | Listen,I don’t need to tell you guys this. | 听我说 不用我提醒你们也应该知道 |
[14:18] | We need to be more discreet than usual. | 我们得比往常更加谨慎 |
[14:19] | All right? | 清楚了 |
[14:21] | Everybody’s gonna be interested in this,not just the Herald. | 这件事会吸引所有人的眼球 不只是 先驱报 |
[14:24] | We can’t let Cardinal Law get wind of this until we know what we have. | 在我们搞清楚状况前 别走漏风声让劳主教知道 |
[14:28] | Good luck with that. | 那得祈求多福了 |
[14:35] | So when do you leave,Nana? | 奶奶 你什么时候出发 |
[14:36] | The bus is picking us up in the church parking lot at 9:00. | 大巴会在早上九点到教堂的停车场接我们 |
[14:39] | We have 40 people going. | 我们总共有40人 |
[14:41] | And is Father Dominic going? | 神父多米尼克去吗 |
[14:42] | No,he says he’s unlucky. | 不去 他说自己运气不好 |
[14:44] | But luck has nothing to do with it. | 可是运气根本帮不上一点忙的 |
[14:46] | You know,last time Nana won $160. Wow. | 你知道吗 上次奶奶赢了160块 |
[14:52] | You gonna tell her? | 你要告诉她吗 |
[14:54] | We don’t even know if there’s a story yet. | 我们都不知道有没有什么能报道的 |
[14:56] | Well,”Globe sues church”? It’s gonna be a story. | “环球报 起诉教会”这就够轰动了 |
[15:18] | Hey,Lisa. Could you pull all the relevant clips on that for me? | 嗨 丽莎 你能把所有提到这的相关剪报文章都找给我吗 |
[15:21] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[15:23] | Is this for Spotlight? | 这是《焦点》要用的 |
[15:25] | Just drop them off when they’re ready? Thanks. | 找齐了就拿给我 先谢了 |
[15:29] | Excuse me,do you know where the publisher’s office is? | 打扰了 你知道出版商的办公室在哪吗 |
[15:33] | Will do. | 那就行 |
[15:38] | How are you,Marty? | 马蒂 你好啊 |
[15:39] | Settling in? | 还习惯啊 |
[15:41] | -Yeah,I think so. -Good. | -我觉得还行 -很好 |
[15:44] | What can I do for you? | 需要我帮什么忙 |
[15:47] | I’d like to challenge the protective order in the Geoghan case. | 我想挑战吉欧根案子的保护令 |
[15:51] | You want to sue the Catholic Church? | 你想起诉天主教会 |
[15:55] | We’re just filing a motion,but… | 我们现在只是提出个动议 不过嘛 |
[15:58] | Yes. | 也没错 |
[16:00] | You think it’s that important? | 你认为这真的那么重要 |
[16:02] | Yes,I do. | 是的 我确信 |
[16:03] | Because obviously the Church will fight us very hard on this. | 因为明显我们会遇到教会的强力抵抗 |
[16:07] | Which won’t go unnoticed by our subscriber base. | 而我们的订阅用户肯定会留意到 |
[16:10] | 53% of them are Catholic. | 里面53%都是天主教徒 |
[16:15] | I think they’ll be interested. | 我认为他们会感兴趣的 |
[16:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:26] | Marty,Lake Street will probably contact you | 马蒂 神学院可能会联系你 |
[16:28] | about a face-to-face with the Cardinal. | 和主教进行面谈 |
[16:30] | It’s customary. | 这是惯例 |
[16:31] | Yeah. They already have. It’s set up for next week. | 恩 他们已经邀请我了 就定在下周 |
[16:36] | I wouldn’t mention this. | 我建议你守口如瓶 |
[16:49] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:53] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:55] | -Can I help you? -Oh,hi. | -有什么事吗 -嗨 |
[16:56] | I’m Mike Rezendes from The Boston Globe. | 我是麦克·雷然斯 波士顿环球报 的 |
[16:58] | I’m here to see Mitchell Garabedian. | 我来这找米奇·加拉贝迪安 |
[17:00] | He’s on a call. Please have a seat. | 他正接听电话 请坐吧 |
[17:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:05] | All right,I’m listening. Go ahead. | 好吧 我听着 请你继续 |
[17:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:12] | Bill! Where the hell are those papers? | 比尔 我要的那些文件到底在哪 |
[17:14] | I asked you to put ’em on my desk! | 我不是叫你放我桌上吗 |
[17:31] | The famous Walter Robinson in my conference room. | 大名鼎鼎的沃尔特·罗宾逊光临我的会议室 |
[17:35] | Good to see you again,Eric. | 很高兴又见面了 埃里克 |
[17:36] | Sacha Pfeiffer,Eric Macleish. | 这位是萨夏·法伊弗 埃里克·麦克利什 |
[17:38] | -Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you. | -很高兴见你们 -一样的 |
[17:39] | You don’t play golf,do you? | 你不打高尔夫 是吧 |
[17:41] | -Uh,no. -Good. | -不打 -很好 |
[17:43] | Your colleague here took some money off me | 你这位同事去年在一个慈善活动上 |
[17:44] | at a charity event last year. | 可赢了我不少钱 |
[17:46] | It was a very lucky putt. I actually had my eyes closed,by the way. | 那是撞大运了 老实说吧 其实我刚好闭上眼 |
[17:50] | So,how can I help you guys? | 需要我帮什么忙吗 |
[17:53] | You’re familiar with the Geoghan case? | 你熟悉吉欧根的案子吧 |
[17:56] | Sure. | 没错 |
[17:57] | Eighty plaintiffs. All of them individual cases. | 原告有80人 都是个人诉讼 |
[18:00] | Garabedian must be swimming. | 加拉贝迪安肯定忙得团团转 |
[18:02] | Well. And the allegations against Cardinal Law? | 恩 有对主教劳的指控吗 |
[18:06] | Yeah,it’s tricky. Um… | 恩 挺棘手的 |
[18:09] | This is what you need to understand. These are shitty cases. | 你们得明白一点 这些案子都很不利 |
[18:13] | The statute of limitations is only three years, | 诉讼时效只有3年 |
[18:15] | and most of these victims don’t come forward until long after that. | 而大多数受害人 都是过了很多年后才寻求法律帮助 |
[18:19] | Oh. Why is that? | 为什么会这样 |
[18:20] | Well,they’re kids,you know. | 他们都是孩子 |
[18:22] | Guilt,shame. | 自责内疚 难以启齿 |
[18:24] | And most of these kids come from tough neighborhoods. | 而且这些受害人大多来自治安差的区域 |
[18:26] | Nobody wants to admit this kind of thing. | 没人愿意承认这种事 |
[18:29] | So,you’re screwed on the time limit. | 所以时限问题你就绕不开 |
[18:31] | And,uh, | 并且 |
[18:33] | even if you argue your way around that | 就算你能绕过这个问题 |
[18:34] | the charitable immunity statute caps damages at 20 grand. | 慈善豁免法令规定索赔金额不超过2万元 |
[18:39] | Twenty grand for molesting a child? | 猥亵一个孩子交2万元就没事了 |
[18:43] | That is the way the system is set up. Yes. | 的确 这个体系就是这样运作的 |
[18:45] | The Church is tough. | 教会势力强大 |
[18:48] | So,your best shot is to try these cases | 你的最佳策略是向媒体 |
[18:51] | in the press like I did on Porter. | 曝光这些案子 波特案我就是这么干的 |
[18:54] | Hmm. But,you know,most of the victims, | 不过你得明白 大多数受害者 |
[18:56] | they don’t wanna have anything to do with TV. | 是不愿被电视曝光的 |
[18:58] | And,uh, | 而且 |
[18:59] | Mitch isn’t exactly a people person. | 米奇又不怎么招人喜欢 |
[19:03] | Yeah,and if Garabedian can’t get his victims | 是啊 一旦加拉贝迪安说服不了受害人 |
[19:06] | to go before the press,then he’s really… | 去诉诸媒体 案子就泡汤了 |
[19:09] | That’s right. He has a long road ahead of him. | 说得没错 他离成功还差得远呢 |
[19:12] | My guess is he doesn’t have anything on Law. | 我猜测他手上根本没有劳的把柄 |
[19:16] | What? You think he’s bluffing or… | 你认为他是虚张声势 |
[19:18] | I think he’s grandstanding to cut a better deal. | 我认为他是想引人注目 好谈个好条件 |
[19:23] | Seems a bit reckless. | 有点孤注一掷啊 |
[19:26] | Have you met Mitch Garabedian? | 你还没见过这位米奇·加拉贝迪安吧 |
[19:28] | I asked you to write up that motion,Bill. I didn’t ask you to file it. | 比尔 我只让你起草下动议 没让你把它发出去 |
[19:42] | Hey,Bill,here’s the case files from yesterday. | 嘿 比尔 这是昨天案子的文件 |
[19:55] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:58] | -Who are you? -I’m Mike Rezendes from The Boston Globe. | -你是 -麦克·雷然斯 波士顿环球报的 |
[20:00] | I had an appointment with you about an hour ago. | 我一小时前跟你预了约 |
[20:02] | I can’t talk to you. I’m very busy. Sharon! | 我没空和你谈 现在太忙了 莎伦 |
[20:04] | No,no. She went out for coffee. She said she’d be right back. | 她去买咖啡了 说等会儿回来 |
[20:06] | I’m following up on an article. | 我现在要跟踪一篇报道 |
[20:09] | -The one in the Phoenix? -No. In the Globe. | -凤凰报 的那篇 -不是 我们 环球报 的 |
[20:11] | Did you see the one in the Phoenix? | 你看了 凤凰报 的那篇吗 |
[20:13] | -No,I didn’t. -I thought it was very good. | -没 还没看 -我觉得写很不错 |
[20:14] | I have a copy here somewhere. | 我找下复印件给你 |
[20:16] | That’s all right. I’ll track it down. | 不用了 我自己会找来看 |
[20:18] | I’m actually following up on a column | 其实我跟踪的是一篇专栏稿 |
[20:19] | that Eileen McNamara wrote about your suit. | 艾琳·麦克纳马拉写你上诉的文章 |
[20:21] | Suits. There are 84 of them. | 个人上诉 总共有84个 |
[20:24] | It’s not a class action. | 不是集体诉讼 |
[20:25] | You should get your facts straight. | 你应该先搞清楚的 |
[20:26] | No,you’re right. I should. | 你说的对 我应该先做好功课的 |
[20:28] | So I’m trying to get some background information on… | 我现在想找一些背景资料 |
[20:30] | You’re not recording this,are you? | 你没有录音吧 |
[20:33] | No,I wouldn’t do that without asking. | 没有 要有你的许可我才会录音 |
[20:34] | I can’t show you those Church’s documents if that’s what you’re after. | 如果你来这是想看教会的文件 我现在拿不出来 |
[20:36] | They’re under seal. | 他们还在封存中 |
[20:38] | Yeah,I know that. | 是的 我知道 |
[20:40] | Did you know that they tried to bring me up | 你知道他们已经3次试图让 |
[20:41] | before the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers three times? | 马萨诸塞州律师监督委员会来办我 |
[20:44] | They’re watching me very closely. | 他们关注着我的一举一动 |
[20:46] | -The Church? -Yeah. The Church. Yeah. | -教会 -没错 就是教会 |
[20:48] | They’d like to get me disbarred. In fact,put that away. | 他们很想让我我丢掉律师执照 事实上 别记了 |
[20:52] | -Put it away. -Sure. | -别记了 -好的 |
[20:53] | I don’t want you recording this in any way,shape or form. | 我不想你对这次谈话作任何形式的记录 |
[20:55] | Not on paper,not on tape,nothing. | 别记纸上 别录音 什么都不行 |
[20:57] | In fact,I probably shouldn’t even be speaking to you. So… | 事实上 我现在可能都不该跟你谈的 |
[21:00] | Look,Mr. Garabedian, | 听我说 加拉贝迪安先生 |
[21:02] | I know there’s things you cannot tell me, | 我明白有些事你是不能跟我谈的 |
[21:05] | but I also know there’s a story here. | 不过我也知道这里面有故事 |
[21:06] | And I think it’s an important story. | 而且我认为是重磅故事 |
[21:08] | I already talked to the Phoenix. | 我已经都跟 凤凰报 说了 |
[21:10] | Yeah,and there’s a reason I didn’t see it. | 知道 可我没看是有原因的 |
[21:12] | Nobody reads the Phoenix anymore. | 凤凰报现在读者寥寥 |
[21:14] | They’re broke. They don’t have any power. | 他们破产了 没什么影响力 |
[21:16] | The Globe does. | 环球报 却截然相反 |
[21:18] | If we cover this story,everybody will hear about it. | 如果我们报道这个故事 会让所有人都知道 |
[21:22] | The Church thinks in centuries,Mr. Rezendes. | 教会历经数十个世纪 岿然不动 雷然斯先生 |
[21:25] | Do you think your paper has the resources to take that on? | 你觉得你们的报纸有实力去一搏吗 |
[21:28] | Yeah,I do. | 我觉得有 |
[21:30] | But if you don’t mind me asking, | 不过如果你不介意我问一句 |
[21:33] | do you? | 你有吗 |
[21:35] | I can’t talk to you right now,Mr. Rezendes,I’m very,very busy. | 我现在真没空谈 雷然斯先生 实在是太忙了 |
[21:41] | -Sharon? Yeah. -Thank you. | -莎伦 -谢谢你 |
[21:43] | Can I at least talk to some of your clients? The victims? | 至少让我和你的客户谈谈好吗 那些受害者 |
[21:46] | I’d really like to do that. | 我真的很想见见他们 |
[21:48] | -Call me tomorrow,I gotta think about it. -Thank you. | -明天再给我电话 我得考虑考虑 -谢谢 |
[21:50] | -Thanks. -Yeah,yeah. | -谢谢 -好的 |
[22:16] | 一种熟悉的模式 | |
[22:25] | 87年受到性侵指控 波特现身马萨诸塞州法院 | |
[22:44] | I got more clips from the library. | 我从图书馆又找到更多的剪报 |
[22:46] | Leave ’em right there. | 就丢在那 |
[22:48] | Are you guys doing a story on the Church? | 你们找些是要做教会的报道吗 |
[22:50] | No,we are not doing a story on the Church. | 不是 我们没在做教会的报道 |
[22:53] | Matt,you find anything on this guy,Phil Saviano? | 马特 你有找到菲尔·萨维亚诺这个人的资料吗 |
[22:56] | No. Who is he? | 没有 他是什么人 |
[22:58] | He’s part of a victims’ organization. | 隶属一个受害者组织 |
[23:00] | Kurkjian did a story on him right after the Porter case. | 柯吉恩在波特案后做过他的报道 |
[23:02] | There’s a victims’ organization? | 还有个受害者组织 |
[23:04] | Yeah,it’s called SNAP. | 是啊 叫SNAP |
[23:06] | It’s Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests. | 全称是”神父性侵幸存者互助网” |
[23:09] | Crummy acronym. | 这简称不怎么样 |
[23:13] | -You want me to track him down? -Yeah. Bring him in. | -你想让我找他吗 -恩 把他找来 |
[23:16] | How much longer you need to get through the clips? | 你还需要多长时间才能查完这些剪报文章 |
[23:18] | I mean,a few days. There’s a lot. | 我想还得要几天时间 挺多的 |
[23:20] | -Lisa’s still sending up more. -Okay. | -丽莎还在不停的送过来 -好的 |
[23:22] | Hey,guys. I think I got another priest. | 嘿 我想我又找到了另一个神父 |
[23:25] | Liam Barrett. Molested some kids in Philly | 利亚姆·巴雷特 在费城猥亵了不少小孩 |
[23:30] | and was moved to Boston. | 被调到了波士顿 |
[23:31] | Did the same thing and was moved again. | 继续作案后再被调走 |
[23:33] | Really? That sounds like Geoghan. | 是真的 听上去像吉欧根啊 |
[23:35] | Is that one of our clips? | 这是我们的剪报 |
[23:37] | Yeah. Byline’s Diego Ribadeneira,1997. | 是的 文章署名迪亚哥·里瓦德内拉 1997年 |
[23:39] | Must’ve been back when he was working Religion. | 肯定是他还在宗教版时做的报道 |
[23:42] | -Was there any folo? -Not much. One short piece. | -有后续报道吗 -没什么 就一则小报道 |
[23:45] | Huh. The Church settled the case. | 看上去教会摆平了案子 |
[23:50] | Don’t you know Jim Sullivan? | 你认识吉姆·沙利文吧 |
[23:52] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 咋啦 |
[23:54] | Looks like the Church brought him in to help out. | 看来教会请他帮的忙 |
[24:05] | Jesus… | 天啊 |
[24:07] | Has anybody but Manny gotten the ball out of the infield? | 除了曼尼还有人能把球打出内野吗 |
[24:10] | -Nope. -Why do you even bother with that thing? | -没人 -你居然还有心思整那些 |
[24:12] | It distracts me from the game. | 让我不那么纠结比赛 |
[24:14] | Know what else is good for that? | 不知道还有其他好方法吗 |
[24:16] | Oh,yeah. Good idea. My round. I’ll be right back. | 对啊 好点子 我请一轮啤酒 马上回来 |
[24:20] | -Anybody want any food? -No. | -有谁要吃点啥吗 -不要 |
[24:21] | -I’m all set. -Hey,a hot dog. | -我不需要 -嘿 给我买个热狗 |
[24:25] | So you guys making any progress? | 你们有取得进展吗 |
[24:27] | -Absolutely. It’s a good story. -Why? | -有啊 这个故事绝对轰动 -为什么 |
[24:30] | Because you’re another lapsed Catholic pissed off at the Church? | 因为你这个弃教徒也对教会不满吗 |
[24:32] | -We’ve got a lot of good stuff. -Like what? | -我们有很多好线索 -比如 |
[24:36] | I’m just watching the game. Omertà. | 我只关心比赛 啥也没听到 |
[24:39] | They got another priest,Liam Barrett. | 我们又发现一名神父 利亚姆·巴雷特 |
[24:41] | We reported on him. | 我们报道过他 |
[24:43] | -I’m just saying,we did. -Okay, | -我只是实话实说 -好吧 |
[24:44] | but this guy was shuffled around from parish to parish every few years, | 不过这家伙每隔几年就会从所在堂区调往别的堂区 |
[24:47] | just like Geoghan and Porter. | 就像吉欧根和波特一样 |
[24:49] | I think there’s a pattern. | 我觉得这模式很可疑 |
[24:51] | Sounds thin. What else you got? | 感觉没什么料 你们还找到些什么 |
[24:54] | Sacha’s got another guy from a victims’ organization,Phil Saviano. | 萨夏找到一个受害者组织里的人 菲尔·萨维亚诺 |
[24:57] | From SNAP? Oh,boy. We reported on him,too. | SNAP那个吧 我们也报道过他 |
[25:00] | I thought you were watching the game,Steve. | 史蒂夫 我以为你只关心比赛呢 |
[25:03] | That guy’s pretty banged up,Mike. | 那家伙太偏执了 麦克 |
[25:04] | We did a couple stories on him. | 我们做了几篇关于他的报道 |
[25:05] | That guy would not stop writing letters. | 那家伙没完没了的写信 |
[25:07] | He wants a holy war. | 想要大闹特闹 |
[25:08] | What? So he’s not worth talking to? | 那意思是就不要在他身上浪费时间了 |
[25:10] | Where are you on Garabedian? | 加拉贝迪安那你打探的如何 |
[25:11] | I’m working on it. | 还在想办法 |
[25:12] | Robby said Macleish thinks he’s bluffing. | 罗比说”麦克利什认为他是虚张声势” |
[25:15] | I think there’s something there,Ben. | 我觉得这里面有情况 本 |
[25:17] | Get me something solid,or I’m taking you off it. | 你最好能找到些真凭实据 不然我得让你放弃 |
[25:19] | I don’t want us chasing our tails on this. | 我不希望你们在这上面做无用功 |
[25:30] | Stay away from that trap. | 别掉沙坑里 |
[25:32] | You couldn’t reach that trap in a million years,partner. | 你打一万杆也飞不到那沙坑里 伙计 |
[25:35] | I’ve reached that trap before. | 我以前打进去过 |
[25:37] | Yeah? Now Paul,maybe. | 是吗 现在看保罗的了 |
[25:40] | -How we doing? -We’re good. | -我们打得如何 -还行 |
[25:42] | We’re two up in the front. | 现在领先2杆 |
[25:44] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:45] | How’s that new editor working out? | 新来的总编如何 |
[25:47] | Well,he doesn’t like baseball. | 除了不喜欢棒球 |
[25:49] | But he seems like a smart guy. | 感觉他还是挺能干的 |
[25:53] | Yeah,I read an article about him. | 恩 我读到篇有关他的文章 |
[25:55] | Said he’s the first Jewish editor at the Globe. | 说他是 环球报 的首任犹太裔总编 |
[25:59] | Must have been a slow news day. | 就只有花边新闻可写了啊 |
[26:02] | He got a family,this guy? | 他有家庭吗 |
[26:03] | No. He is not married. | 没 他没结婚 |
[26:06] | -Divorced? -I don’t think so,no. | -离了 -我想应该没有吧 |
[26:09] | So the new editor of the Globe is an unmarried man of the Jewish faith | 这么说来 环球报 的新任总编是个讨厌棒球的 |
[26:12] | who hates baseball? | 未婚犹太裔 |
[26:14] | -Yeah. -Should have given it to Ben. | -对 -他们该提拔本的 |
[26:16] | He’s a Bradlee,for crying out loud. | 他可是布莱德里家的人 |
[26:18] | Didn’t raise his hand fast enough,I guess. | 我猜本可能手举得慢了点 |
[26:22] | Hey,by the way, | 随便问一下 |
[26:23] | I’ve been reading about this priest,Father Barrett. | 我看了这个神父的报道 神父巴雷特 |
[26:25] | Said you were involved with that. | 说你有和他打过交道 |
[26:27] | Barrett,yeah. Bad egg. | 恩 巴雷特 是个人渣 |
[26:30] | Lake Street asked for help,I pitched in. | 神学院请求我的帮助 我就加入了 |
[26:33] | Victims said Cardinal Law knew about Barrett when he came from Philly. | 受害者声称主教劳知道巴雷特从费城调来的内情 |
[26:37] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[26:39] | You know I can’t talk about the case,Robby. | 罗比 你知道我不可以谈案子的事 |
[26:43] | Off the record? | 私下谈谈行吗 |
[26:45] | Off the record I can’t talk about it. | 私下我也不可以谈 |
[26:47] | -All right. -This related to the lawsuit? | -好吧 -这是因为起诉的事 |
[26:50] | You know about that? | 你知道了 |
[26:53] | Look, | 好吧 |
[26:55] | I don’t know this guy Baron or what his agenda is. | 我不认识巴伦这人 或者他打的什么主意 |
[26:57] | Frankly,I don’t care. | 坦白说我也不在乎 |
[27:00] | I just don’t want to see you taking a bullet for him. | 我只是不希望你去给他当炮灰 |
[27:03] | I think you’re away. | 你还别插手吧 |
[27:10] | -Put it over here. -Let’s go. Let’s go. | -放那边去 -好了走吧 |
[27:11] | So the other day I was on the World Wide Web. | 有一天我打开互联网 |
[27:15] | Anything you want to know. It’s right there. | 你想要知道什么 那上面都找得到 |
[27:19] | Now,I have to admit that as a priest, | 作为一名神父 此刻我得坦白说 |
[27:21] | this makes me a little nervous. | 这让我有些不安 |
[27:24] | Should I be worried about job security? | 我得担心自己的工作前景吗 |
[27:29] | I don’t think so. | 应该不用吧 |
[27:30] | You see,knowledge is one thing, | 你们得明白 知识是重要 |
[27:34] | but faith… | 可信仰 |
[27:35] | Faith is another. | 信仰更加重要 |
[27:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:54] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[27:57] | Shouldn’t you be golfing or something? | 你不是应该去高尔夫什么的吗 |
[28:00] | Golfing’s not a verb. | 是打高尔夫 |
[28:02] | And I couldn’t get a tee time. | 我没预约到开球时间 |
[28:04] | Is that what they call it? “Tee time”? | 他们是这样叫的”开球时间” |
[28:06] | They also call it “a leisure activity.” You ought to try it,Mike. | 他们也称之为”休闲活动”你可以尝试下 麦克 |
[28:10] | -I do. I run. -Yeah,you run to work. | -有啊 我跑步 -是啊 你跑来工作了 |
[28:16] | So why are you here today? | 那你今天来这干嘛 |
[28:18] | Going over these clips of Saviano. | 重温这些有关萨维亚诺的剪报文章 |
[28:20] | Yep,Ben and Steve think it’s a dead end. | 史蒂夫和本认为那是个死胡同 |
[28:22] | They gave me a bunch of crap about it at the game. | 看比赛时他们还为这说了我一通 |
[28:24] | Yeah,Ben emailed me. | 我知道 本发邮件给我了 |
[28:26] | -He did? -Yeah. | -他发了 -恩 |
[28:29] | He said we should let it go. | 他建议我们放弃 |
[28:31] | What do you wanna do? | 那你怎么打算的 |
[28:33] | I wanna bring Saviano in. | 我们把萨维亚诺找来 |
[28:35] | So,just ignore those guys? | 那就是无视他们了 |
[28:41] | I think we’ve got to start ignoring everybody on this one. | 我觉得这事上我们得无视所有人的想法 |
[28:44] | I’m good with that. | 我没问题 |
[28:50] | Do you think Marty has any idea what’s coming down the pike? | 你觉得马蒂知道这会引出的后果吗 |
[28:54] | Nope. I don’t think he cares either. | 不知道吧 我觉得他也不会在乎 |
[28:57] | That’s refreshing. | 让人倍感新鲜 |
[28:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:02] | Unless he’s wrong. | 除非他错了 |
[29:22] | I’ve always been fascinated with the newspaper business. | 我一直都很向往报纸行业 |
[29:26] | I used to sit in on the lectures with the Nieman fellows | 我还在哈佛时 常常和尼曼学者 |
[29:29] | when I was at Harvard. | 一同听课 |
[29:31] | I read that you were an editor once. | 我了解你曾经当过编辑 |
[29:34] | Oh,yes. | 是的 |
[29:37] | Yeah,that was a very long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[29:39] | The Mississippi Register. | 密西西比记录报 |
[29:42] | Small,diocesan newspaper. | 教区的小报纸 |
[29:46] | But for a 30-year-old pastor,it was a big responsibility. | 可对一个30岁的神父来说 感觉责任重大 |
[29:52] | Too much at times. | 有时候过于沉重 |
[29:54] | How so? | 此话怎讲 |
[29:57] | I was close with the Evers brothers. | 我和埃弗斯兄弟关系很好 |
[30:00] | We took a stand on civil rights. | 我们共同捍卫公民权利 |
[30:02] | Our readership was not pleased. | 可我们的读者并不买账 |
[30:06] | They saw me as a meddling outsider. | 他们视我为一个多管闲事的外人 |
[30:09] | I can imagine. | 我能体会 |
[30:11] | Tough seat to sit in, | 处事不容易啊 |
[30:13] | especially in a small town. | 特别是在小城镇 |
[30:16] | I think you’ll find that Boston’s still a small town,too,Marty, | 马蒂 你可能会发现波士顿在很多方面也表现得 |
[30:20] | in many ways. | 像个小城镇 |
[30:23] | But if I can be of any help,Marty,don’t hesitate to ask. | 马蒂 如果我能帮得上什么忙的话 尽管开口找我 |
[30:28] | I find that the city flourishes | 我发现城市要想繁荣 |
[30:31] | when its great institutions work together. | 离不开它里面伟大机构的齐心协力 |
[30:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:36] | Personally I’m of the opinion that for a paper to best perform its function, | 不过我个人观点是一份报纸想要成功运作 |
[30:40] | it really needs to stand alone. | 必须保持独立自主 |
[30:45] | Ah. Of course. | 那是当然 |
[30:48] | But my offer still stands. | 不过我的提议没有时效 |
[30:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:53] | Come in. | 请进 |
[30:58] | Thank you,Maureen. | 谢谢 莫林 |
[31:02] | A little gift,Marty. | 一份薄礼 马蒂 |
[31:05] | Think of it as a Cardinal’s guide to the city of Boston. | 你可以把它当作主教我的波士顿指南 |
[31:15] | 《天主教会教理问答》 | |
[31:26] | I’m here to see Sacha Pfeiffer. | 我来见萨夏·法伊弗 |
[31:28] | -Your name? -Phil Saviano. | -你的名字 -菲尔·萨维亚诺 |
[31:30] | Okay,just a minute. | 好的 请稍等下 |
[31:34] | So am I the first survivor you’ve talked to? | 那我是你们会见的第一个幸存者 |
[31:36] | Yeah,Phil. You are. | 菲尔 你说的没错 |
[31:37] | Okay,well… | 那好 |
[31:40] | First of all,let me say thank you for having me in today. | 首先 我得感谢你们今天邀请我来 |
[31:44] | And I want you to know | 另外 我想让你们知道 |
[31:45] | that you have the full cooperation of my organization,SNAP. | 我们的受害者组织SNAP会全力配合你们的工作 |
[31:48] | How many members are in your organization,Phil? | 菲尔 你们的组织有多少成员 |
[31:50] | We had 11 at our last chapter meeting… | 上次分会我们有11名成员 |
[31:52] | Uh,no,10. Karen just moved. | 噢 10人 凯伦搬走了 |
[31:56] | You had a woman in your group? | 你们还有女性成员 |
[31:57] | Of course there was a woman. They don’t discriminate, | 当然有女性 他们可不会搞性别歧视 |
[31:59] | not when it comes to abuse. | 特别是性侵行为 |
[32:00] | And this has nothing to do with being gay. | 而且跟是不是同性恋完全没关系 |
[32:02] | What this is,is priests using the collar to rape kids. | 就是简单的神父利用身份来强奸小孩 |
[32:05] | Kids. Boys and girls. | 男孩 女孩都不放过 |
[32:14] | I was 11, | 我11岁时 |
[32:16] | and I was preyed upon by Father David Holley in Worcester. | 被神父大卫·霍利性侵 |
[32:20] | And I don’t mean prayed for. I mean preyed upon. | 那可不是被祝福 是被性侵 |
[32:25] | Are any of you Catholic? | 你们有谁是天主教徒吗 |
[32:26] | I was raised Catholic. Now I go to my wife’s Presbyterian church. | 我从小受的是天主教教育 现在陪妻子一同去基督教长老会 |
[32:31] | I’m lapsed. | 我弃教了 |
[32:33] | I go to church with my grandmother sometimes. | 不过时不时会陪奶奶去教堂 |
[32:35] | It’s safe to say we were all raised Catholic,but now… | 我们都是天主教家庭出身没错 不过现在嘛 |
[32:39] | Not so much. | 算不上了 |
[32:40] | Okay. Well,let me tell you. | 那好 我可以告诉你们 |
[32:43] | When you’re a poor kid from a poor family,religion counts for a lot. | 如果你是穷人家的小孩 宗教地位很重 |
[32:46] | And when a priest pays attention to you,it’s a big deal. | 而当一个神父留意到你时 那可了不得 |
[32:50] | He asks you to collect the hymnals | 他叫你帮忙收下圣歌集 |
[32:51] | or take out the trash,you feel special. | 或者倒下垃圾 你感觉被特别关照 |
[32:54] | It’s like God asking for help. | 就好像主请求你的帮助 |
[32:56] | So maybe it’s a little weird when he tells you a dirty joke, | 所以他跟你讲黄段子时 你只是觉得有点不对劲 |
[32:59] | but now you got a secret together,so you go along. | 可那是你们共同的秘密了 于是你默许合作 |
[33:04] | Then he shows you a porno mag,and you go along. | 然后他会给你看色情杂志 你继续默许合作 |
[33:07] | And you go along,and you go along, | 你这事合作 那事也合作 |
[33:09] | until one day he asks you to jerk him off or give him a blow job. | 直到他让你给他手淫或口交的一刻 |
[33:13] | And so you go along with that,too, | 于是你又乖乖合作了 |
[33:15] | because you feel trapped, | 因为你感觉无法自拔 |
[33:16] | because he has groomed you. | 因为他一手调教了你 |
[33:19] | How do you say no to God,right? | 很难拒绝天主 对吧 |
[33:22] | See, | 这么说吧 |
[33:24] | it is important to understand that this is not just physical abuse, | 重要的是明白这不仅仅是对肉体的侵犯 |
[33:27] | it’s spiritual abuse,too. | 也是对心理的侵犯 |
[33:29] | And when a priest does this to you,he robs you of your faith. | 当一个神父对你犯下这种事 他就剥夺了你的信仰 |
[33:34] | So you reach for the bottle or the needle. | 于是你借助酒精或是毒品来麻痹自己 |
[33:37] | Or if those don’t work,you jump off a bridge. | 如果那样也无法解脱 你就只能跳桥自尽 |
[33:39] | That’s why we call ourselves survivors. | 这就是我们称自己幸存者的缘由 |
[33:41] | Have you read Jason Berry’s book? | 你们看过杰森·贝里的书吗 |
[33:42] | He wrote about the Gauthe case in Louisiana? | 写的是路易斯安娜州的戈特案 |
[33:44] | -Uh,that’s “G”… -G-A-U-T-H-E. | -G什么 -G-e-t-e |
[33:47] | Here. And talk to Richard Sipe. | 这有理查德·赛培的联系方式 |
[33:49] | He worked in one of the Church’s treatment centers. | 他在一家教会治疗中心工作 |
[33:51] | He’s an ex-priest, | 他以前是名神父 |
[33:53] | married a nun. | 娶了个修女 |
[33:55] | Here. | 这个 |
[33:57] | This is his testimony from the Kos case. | 这是他在科斯案上的证词 |
[33:58] | Uh,Phil,what’s a treatment center? | 菲尔 你说的治疗中心是什么 |
[34:00] | It’s where they send priests when they get caught. | 是他们安置那些丑行败露的神父的地方 |
[34:02] | This is all right here in the box, | 全在这盒子里了 |
[34:03] | I sent this all to you guys five years ago. | 我5年前就把这一切都寄给了你们 |
[34:06] | Uh,to the Globe? Who did you send it to? | 我们 环球报 你寄给谁了 |
[34:11] | I don’t wanna say who,but they said that they weren’t interested. | 我不想说是谁 不过他们回复说不感兴趣 |
[34:14] | Uh,but Phil,we did run a couple of stories on you. | 可是 菲尔 我们有做过几篇关于你的报道 |
[34:16] | I saw them in the clips. | 我在剪报上看到了 |
[34:17] | Yeah,but to be completely frank,it wasn’t enough. | 是的 可是坦白说吧 那完全不够 |
[34:22] | You guys gotta understand, | 你们得明白 |
[34:25] | this is big. | 这事太严重了 |
[34:26] | This is not just Boston. It’s the whole country. It’s the whole world. | 不只是限在波士顿 而是波及全国 全球 |
[34:30] | And it goes right up to the Vatican. | 而且直指梵蒂冈 |
[34:32] | Do you have any proof of that,Phil? | 菲尔 你能拿出什么证据吗 |
[34:34] | No,not yet. But think about it,there are so many of them. | 还拿不出 可是仔细想想吧 他们可是到处都是 |
[34:37] | How else could they have hidden it for so long? | 不然他们怎么能隐藏这么久 |
[34:39] | -So many what? -Priests! | -都谁啊 -神父 |
[34:42] | Priests! | 神父 |
[34:44] | I know of 13 right here in Boston. | 光波士顿我就知道13个 |
[34:47] | You know 13 priests in Boston who have molested children? | 你知道在波士顿就有13个猥亵小孩的神父 |
[34:50] | Yeah,why do you keep repeating everything I say? | 是啊 你干嘛要重复我的话 |
[34:53] | I just like to clarify things. | 我只是想搞清楚 |
[34:55] | Maybe you should have clarified it five years ago | 或许你5年前就该搞清楚 |
[34:57] | when I sent you all of this stuff! | 那时我把这一切都寄给了你们 |
[34:58] | It’s all right here! | 全都在这里了 |
[35:09] | May I use your bathroom? | 可以用下你们的洗手间吗 |
[35:11] | Yeah,sure,Phil. | 当然可以 菲尔 |
[35:13] | Come on. | 跟我来 |
[35:21] | Well,what do you think? | 你们的看法是 |
[35:24] | Well,the guy,he’s got an agenda,that’s for sure. | 这家伙目的是很明确的 |
[35:26] | -You think? -He’s obviously been through a lot. | -你这么认为 -他明显经历了不少事 |
[35:28] | But he’s smart,and if he’s right about 13 priests… | 不过挺有头脑 而且他说的13个神父的事如果是真的 |
[35:30] | Yeah,it might be a big “if” with this guy. | 恩 得先确定他说的是否属实 |
[35:32] | Do a background check on him, | 调查下他的背景 |
[35:34] | and follow up with some of the other survivors of his group. | 另外再找这个组织的其他成员谈谈 |
[35:36] | I’ll track down this ex-priest,Sipe. | 我去找下这个前神父赛培 |
[35:38] | Okay,but stay on Garabedian. That’s more important. | 好吧 不过加拉贝迪安也要继续跟进 那个更重要 |
[35:41] | Garabedian,what a pain in the ass. | 加拉贝迪安 真是个麻烦的家伙 |
[35:43] | You can be a pain in the ass,Mike. | 麦克 你有时也挺麻烦的 |
[35:58] | Mitchell,what a surprise. How are you? | 米奇 怎么这么巧 最近如何啊 |
[36:00] | I’m fine,Mr. Rezendes. Good. | 我很好 雷然斯先生 |
[36:02] | You know,I haven’t heard back from you. I left you a couple of messages. | 那好 我给你留了好多次言 可一直没收到你的回音 |
[36:05] | I know. I’ve been very busy. I don’t have time for calls. | 我知道 不过我实在是太忙了 没工夫和你谈 |
[36:07] | Oh,jeez,I’m sure you don’t. | 天啊 我相信你很忙 |
[36:08] | Listen,listen,Mitch,let me talk to a couple of the victims. | 不过听我说好吗 米奇 让我跟几个受害者谈谈行吗 |
[36:11] | You could sit in on the interview, | 你可以陪同采访 |
[36:13] | and if you’re not happy,you could kill it. | 如果你对采访不满意 可以随时终止 |
[36:14] | I spoke to my clients,and they don’t want to be in the press. I’m sorry. | 我跟我的客户说过 可他们不愿意上媒体 很抱歉 |
[36:17] | I get that,but I don’t need to name names. | 我理解 不过我可以不提他们的名字 |
[36:20] | -I don’t believe you,Mr. Rezendes. -I’m sure you don’t. | -我信不过你 雷然斯先生 -你有你的理由 |
[36:22] | -I don’t. -Listen,Mitchell. | -我信不过你 -听我说 米奇 |
[36:23] | Look,Mr. Rezendes,please… | 雷然斯先生 请别 |
[36:25] | I’m not writing a profile here. | 我不是要写受害人什么的 |
[36:26] | -I’m working on something bigger. -Bigger? | -我是在做个更轰动的 -轰动 |
[36:28] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不清楚那是什么意思 |
[36:30] | I’m not supposed to tell you this, | 我不该向你透露这个的 |
[36:31] | but I’m digging around for Spotlight. | 我其实是替《焦点》挖材料 |
[36:35] | -Spotlight’s on this? -Yeah,we’re looking into it, | -《焦点》要做这个 -是的 我们正在进行调查 |
[36:37] | but you gotta help me. | 可是你得帮帮我 |
[36:38] | You gotta let me talk to some of these victims,please. | 你一定要让我跟这些受害者谈谈 求你了 |
[36:44] | Please. | 求你了 |
[36:49] | Come back tomorrow. 9:30 a.m. | 明天早上9点半再过来 |
[36:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:05] | -Ms. Pfeiffer? -Joe? | -法伊弗女士 -乔 |
[37:07] | -Hi. -Oh,shoot. | -嗨 -糟糕 |
[37:08] | -Oh,that’s okay. -Sorry. | -没事的 -抱歉 |
[37:09] | -No,no problem. -Please sit. | -没事的 -请坐 |
[37:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:12] | Is this table okay? | 需要换桌子吗 |
[37:13] | This is perfect. | 这就挺好的 |
[37:15] | I had a muffin while I was waiting. | 我边等边吃了个松饼 |
[37:18] | Two,actually. | 实话说是2个 |
[37:20] | -I eat when I’m nervous. -I do that,too,actually. | -我紧张时就想着吃 -其实我也是一样 |
[37:23] | I hope I’m not late. Phil told me 1:00. | 我没迟到吧 菲尔跟我说的是1点钟 |
[37:27] | No,you’re fine. I got here early. | 没有 你来的很准时 是我先到这 |
[37:30] | About an hour. | 提前1小时来的 |
[37:34] | Um,would you mind if I took some notes? Would that be all right? | 你不介意我作些记录吧 那样有问题吗 |
[37:42] | You don’t mind if I take some notes,do you? | 你不介意我作下记录吧 |
[37:45] | -Are you going to use my name? -No. | -你要提我的名字吗 -不会 |
[37:48] | Not if you don’t want me to. No. | 没你许可是不会的 |
[37:50] | I just had a kid. | 我的小孩 |
[37:52] | He’s only one,but I’m not sure I want him to know about this. | 才刚1岁 我还不确定想不想让他知道 |
[37:56] | Sure. I get that. | 明白 完全能理解 |
[37:57] | You can stop this interview at any time,Patrick. | 帕特里克 你可以随时终止这个采访 |
[38:00] | -All right? -Okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[38:04] | Go ahead with your notes. | 你可以作记录 |
[38:06] | Okay. So,um… | 好的 那么 |
[38:10] | Where’d you live when it first happened? | 最早发生时你住在哪里 |
[38:13] | In the projects,over in Hyde Park. | 海德公园旁的一处住所 |
[38:16] | Over by the Stop & Shop? | 超市过去一点 |
[38:18] | Yeah,you know it? | 是的 你去过那 |
[38:20] | Yeah,I drove a cab for a few years. | 是的 我开过几年出租车 |
[38:22] | Open early. Bad coffee,right? | 那开门早 咖啡难喝 对吧 |
[38:25] | Yeah,I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[38:28] | How old were you when it happened? | 那事发生时你多大 |
[38:31] | I was 12. | 我12岁 |
[38:34] | Just after my dad killed himself. | 就在我爸自杀后 |
[38:36] | Ah,jeez. | 天啊 |
[38:38] | He was a real piece of shit. | 他是个烂人 |
[38:40] | And my mom,she wasn’t so stable either. | 而我妈也不怎么正常 |
[38:43] | -How do you mean? -I mean,she was nuts. | -你的意思是 -我意思是她疯了 |
[38:45] | -She was a schizophrenic. -Same shit. | -是精神分裂 -还不是一回事 |
[38:51] | When did you first meet Geoghan? | 你第一次见吉欧根是什么时候 |
[38:53] | Well,my sister, | 是我姐姐 |
[38:56] | she saw him over in the Dunkin’ Donuts. | 她买甜甜圈时遇到他 |
[38:58] | Tells him about my old man passing,and he rushed right over. | 跟他说了我爸刚去世的事情 他立马就过来了 |
[39:01] | And there was this nun,Sister Barbara, | 有个叫芭芭拉的修女 |
[39:03] | and she ran this group for kids from troubled families. | 她负责一个专收问题家庭孩子的机构 |
[39:07] | Where was that? | 是在什么地方 |
[39:08] | -St. Ambrose in Dorchester. -Okay. | -多尔切斯特的安布罗斯街 -好的 |
[39:12] | She’s the one who introduced me to Father Shanley. | 是她把我介绍给神父尚利的 |
[39:16] | He was a street priest. | 他是上门传教的神父 |
[39:18] | Long hair. Very hip. | 长发 很嬉皮的样子 |
[39:21] | He invited me to his apartment in Back Bay. | 他邀请我去他后湾区的家里 |
[39:23] | -Where in Back Bay? -Beacon Street. | -后湾区在哪 -在灯塔街 |
[39:26] | Beacon. Okay. | 灯塔街 好的 |
[39:28] | Are you from here? | 你是本地人吗 |
[39:30] | Uh,no. I grew up in Ohio,but my mom’s from Southie. | 不是 我在俄亥俄州长大 不过我妈是南波士顿的 |
[39:32] | Okay,so you get it. I’d never even seen Back Bay. | 那你应该明白 我从来都没去过后湾区 |
[39:38] | So what happened on that first visit,Joe? | 那第一次拜访发生了什么 乔 |
[39:41] | Well,he was very nice at first, | 一开始气氛很融洽 |
[39:43] | very funny,very casual. | 很幽默也很随意 |
[39:46] | And I think he could tell I was gay, | 我觉得他看出我是同性恋 |
[39:49] | so he showed me this mobile he had,like,over a baby’s crib? | 于是他给我看他的风动饰物 像挂在婴儿床上的那种 |
[39:54] | But with different words. | 不过上面的词却完全不同 |
[39:56] | “Homosexual,transsexual,bisexual.” | “同性恋 变性人 双性恋之类的” |
[39:59] | Okay,and did you know you were gay at that time,Joe? | 好的 那你当时知道自己是同性恋吗 |
[40:02] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[40:04] | But that wasn’t information I was sharing with anybody. | 不过这个秘密我没跟任何人说 |
[40:06] | Not in Dorchester. | 在多尔切斯特肯定不敢 |
[40:09] | Okay. | 那好 |
[40:10] | So,what happened after he showed you the mobile? | 他给你看了风动饰物后发生了什么 |
[40:14] | Well,I was a little freaked out. | 我有点吓到了 |
[40:16] | I think he could tell, | 我觉得他看穿我了 |
[40:19] | so he said,”You know what’ll help is if we play strip poker.” | 他于是提议我玩脱衣扑克 说那样可以缓解气氛 |
[40:24] | Course I lost. | 我根本不是对手 |
[40:27] | And,uh,things went on from there. | 接下来事情就一发不可收拾了 |
[40:31] | Can you tell me specifically what happened? | 你能具体告诉我发生了什么吗 |
[40:34] | Specifically,he… | 具体说 他 |
[40:37] | He molested me. | 他猥亵了我 |
[40:42] | Joe,I think that the language is going to be so important here. | 乔 我认为在这里用的语言是重中之重 |
[40:46] | We can’t sanitize this. Just saying “molest” isn’t enough. | 我们不能一笔带过 只说猥亵是不够的 |
[40:49] | People need to know what actually happened. | 大家得知道具体发生了什么 |
[40:55] | -We should probably get these to go. -Right. | -我们应该喝点咖啡再继续 -那好 |
[40:58] | Geoghan shows up,and my mom,you know,she’s… | 吉欧根出现在我家 我妈 她简直 |
[41:02] | She’s thrilled. I mean… | 激动得不得了 |
[41:04] | This was like God showing up,you know? | 就好像主大驾光临一样 明白吗 |
[41:07] | Sure. Right. | 恩 明白 |
[41:08] | So what happened then? | 那之后发生了什么 |
[41:12] | You really want to hear this shit? | 你真的想听这些恶心的事 |
[41:14] | Yeah. Yeah,Patrick,I do. | 是的 帕特里克 我当然要听 |
[41:25] | He offers to take me to get ice cream. | 他提出要请我吃冰淇淋 |
[41:27] | And,you know,he’s a priest. I’m a kid,so I go. | 他是个神父 而我小孩一个 就跟他走了 |
[41:31] | -Sure. -So we’re driving home and he… | -明白 -于是在送我回家的路上 他 |
[41:37] | He starts patting my leg, | 他开始拍我的腿 |
[41:41] | you know,then | 然后 |
[41:44] | his hand just slides right up,and he grabs my dick. | 他的手就直接滑了上去 抓住了我的生殖器 |
[41:50] | You know,I just froze up. I was fucking petrified,I couldn’t move. | 我一下就僵住了 吓得动都不敢动 |
[41:55] | I didn’t know what to do. I was just a little kid. | 我一个小孩 根本不知道该怎么办 |
[42:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:06] | You know,I never even touched my ice cream. | 我根本碰都没碰我的冰淇淋 |
[42:08] | It just melted down my arm. | 就让它化了我一手 |
[42:17] | Did you,um… | 那你 |
[42:20] | Did you see him again after that? | 你之后还有见他吗 |
[42:27] | Yeah. | 有 |
[42:32] | All right. That’s good. Let’s stop there for now. | 好了 很不错 今天就到这吧 |
[42:36] | Sure. | 好的 |
[42:37] | He said it was a way to make me more comfortable with my body. | 他说这样可以令我对自己的身体感到更加自在 |
[42:42] | So what happened after that? | 那之后又发生了什么 |
[42:44] | Well,he took off his clothes,and he said, | 他脱掉身上的衣服 然后说 |
[42:46] | “I’ve been so depressed, | “我心情很低落 |
[42:48] | “but maybe you can cheer me up and give me a blow job.” | 或许你可以给我口交好让我开心开心” |
[42:50] | Classy guy. | 很能装的家伙 |
[42:54] | -And did you? -Yeah. | -那你照做了吗 -是的 |
[42:57] | I know what you must be thinking,like,why would I ever do that | 我知道你肯定会有些想法 比如我为什么要那样做 |
[43:00] | to some creepy guy who’s 30 years older than me,but… | 跟这个变态 还比我大30岁 不过 |
[43:03] | What you have to understand is that this is the first time in my life | 你得明白这是在我生命里头一回 |
[43:06] | that someone told me that it was okay to be gay. Mmm-hmm. | 有人告诉我同性恋并没什么不好 |
[43:09] | And it was a priest. Right. | 而且还是名神父 |
[43:12] | So you had oral sex. Did you have intercourse? | 那你给他口交了 有发生性关系吗 |
[43:17] | Yes. | 有 |
[43:18] | Not then,but later. | 不是当时 后来的事了 |
[43:21] | It really messed me up. | 那真的毁了我 |
[43:25] | I’m sober now,but that… That was the beginning of it all. | 我现在洁身自爱 不过那就是一切噩梦的开始 |
[43:31] | It’s very confusing,you know, | 那让人非常困惑 明白吗 |
[43:33] | to be introduced to sex like that and then… | 以那样的方式去了解性爱 然后 |
[43:37] | And then to be attracted to men,it’s… | 然后从此喜欢上男人 |
[43:42] | I’m sorry. I knew I was gonna do this. | 真抱歉 我就知道自己会这样 |
[43:44] | -Oh,I’m sorry. -Don’t be sorry. | -很抱歉 -不用道歉 |
[43:46] | It’s okay,Joe. It’s okay. | 没事的 乔 没事的 |
[43:49] | Of course there is a church right there. | 当然那边就是个教堂 |
[43:51] | And a playground. | 还带个游乐场 |
[43:53] | Joe,did you ever try and tell anyone? | 乔 你有告诉过任何人吗 |
[43:56] | Like who? A priest? | 告诉谁 神父吗 |
[43:59] | Can I use your phone? | 我能用下你的电话吗 |
[44:01] | Yeah,sure. You know where it is. | 当然可以 去用就是了 |
[44:04] | You can use my name if you want. | 你想的话就提我的名字 |
[44:07] | Thanks,Patrick. | 谢谢 帕特里克 |
[44:09] | Don’t thank me,just get these assholes,will you? | 不用谢我 要把这些人渣绳之以法 好吗 |
[44:18] | He’s one of the lucky ones. | 他是幸运者之一 |
[44:21] | He’s still alive. | 他还活着 |
[44:31] | Do you want a cup of tea,Sacha? | 你要杯茶吗 萨夏 |
[44:33] | I’m okay,Nana. Thanks. Okay. | 不用了 奶奶 谢谢 |
[44:38] | -Hello. -Hi,Joe,it’s Sacha Pfeiffer. | -你好 -嗨 乔 是我 萨夏·法伊弗 |
[44:40] | -Hi,Sacha. How are you? -I’m good,thanks. | -萨夏 你好吗 -我很好 谢谢 |
[44:43] | Listen,Joe,I just wanted to follow up on one thing. | 乔 我只是想再问清楚一件事 |
[44:46] | You talked to Phil Saviano about all of this,right? | 这些事你都给菲尔·萨维亚诺讲过 对吧 |
[44:48] | Yeah,I did. I went to a couple of SNAP meetings. | 恩 讲过 我参加过几次SNAP的会议 |
[44:51] | And did Phil ever suggest you do anything about it? | 那菲尔有建议你采取什么行动吗 |
[44:54] | No. | 没有 |
[44:55] | The meetings weren’t really about that. | 会议并不是讨论那些的 |
[44:57] | I mean,a couple of them had gone to a lawyer, | 我们的成员里有找过律师的 |
[44:59] | but I didn’t think it was worth it. | 可我并不认为值得尝试 |
[45:01] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[45:02] | There were just so many forms to fill out. | 有太多填不完的表格 |
[45:04] | It was overwhelming,you know. | 让人难以承受 明白吗 |
[45:05] | And he said it could only get me a small settlement,so… | 并且他说最多只能帮我索赔一小笔钱 |
[45:08] | -Who,who said that? -The lawyer told me that. | -谁跟你说的 -律师跟我说的 |
[45:11] | So you did go and see a lawyer? | 那你还是找了律师 |
[45:15] | Yeah,but I didn’t end up using him, | 是的 不过我最后并没有请他 |
[45:17] | so I didn’t think it was important. | 我认为那并不重要 |
[45:19] | I’m sorry. I’m not trying to hide anything. | 抱歉 我并不是想隐瞒什么 |
[45:21] | No,I know,Joe. | 不用 乔 我能理解 |
[45:23] | Do remember his name? The lawyer? | 你记得那个律师的名字吗 |
[45:25] | No,but maybe Phil would know. | 不记得了 菲尔或许知道 |
[45:28] | The guy was on TV a lot during the Porter case. | 那家伙在波特案时经常上电视 |
[45:31] | He was handsome. | 还挺帅的 |
[45:32] | Was it Eric Macleish? | 是叫埃里克·麦克利什吗 |
[45:34] | Yeah,that’s it. Macleish. | 对 就是他 麦克利什 |
[45:36] | I thought he was very handsome. | 我觉得他很帅 |
[45:41] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[45:43] | I was just in the newsroom. Judge Sweeney set a date for the hearing. | 我刚从编辑部听到 法官斯维尼定下了听证会的日期 |
[45:47] | Really? When? | 真的 哪一天 |
[45:48] | Two weeks,in Springfield. | 两周后 在斯普林菲尔德 |
[45:50] | Canellos started a pool. Ten bucks to get in. | 坎内罗斯开了个10元入场的盘 |
[45:53] | Anyone picking the Globe? | 有人下注 环球报 吗 |
[45:55] | He’s only taking bets on how fast Sweeney rules against us. | 他只赌斯维尼多快会判我们输 |
[45:59] | -Robby. -Hi,it’s me. | -罗比 -嗨 是我 |
[46:01] | -Did you get my message? -I did. | -你收到我发的消息没 -收到了 |
[46:02] | Looks like Father Shanley could be our fourth priest. | 神父尚利可能是我们的第四位目标 |
[46:05] | Yeah,I think he is. | 是的 我也这么认为 |
[46:06] | Did you follow up with Macleish? | 你有继续查麦克利什吗 |
[46:08] | I just talked to Phil. | 我刚跟菲尔通过电话 |
[46:09] | He said Macleish dealt with a number of these cases. | 他说麦克利什接手了好多起这类案子 |
[46:11] | -Guess he forgot to mention that. -Yeah. | -我猜他忘了跟我们提及此事 -是啊 |
[46:14] | I’m gonna go to the courthouse tomorrow, | 我明天会去法院瞧瞧 |
[46:15] | see if I can find any cases he settled against the Church. | 看能不能找到任何他代理的教会案子的记录 |
[46:18] | All right. Call me after you do. Good night. | 好的 找到的话就通知我 再见 |
[46:21] | Okay,good night. | 好的 再见 |
[46:25] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[46:26] | You wanted to chat? | 你想找我谈谈 |
[46:28] | Yeah,I’m late for a dinner. You wanna walk me out? | 恩 我赶不上晚餐了 你可以陪我一起出去吗 |
[46:30] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[46:33] | Jeez. | 天啊 |
[46:34] | -Does this guy ever go home? -Apparently not. | -那家伙有回过家吗 -明显没有 |
[46:36] | I got guys who won’t leave till he does. | 我有些手下不敢比他早走 |
[46:38] | He’s wearing out the goddamn newsroom. | 编辑部的人要被他累死了 |
[46:40] | Where are we on Geoghan? | 吉欧根案我们查到哪了 |
[46:42] | Following up on more victims. | 正查找更多的受害者 |
[46:44] | Hey,I want to expand the investigation. | 我想扩大调查范围 |
[46:46] | -Why? -We got a fourth priest. | -为什么 -我们又找到第4名神父 |
[46:48] | There might be as many as 13. | 而且可能会多达13人 |
[46:50] | -Thirteen? -Yeah. | 13人 -是啊 |
[46:52] | -Who’s your source? -Phil Saviano. | -来源是谁 -菲尔·萨维亚诺 |
[46:55] | -Oh,Jesus Christ,Robby,I told Mike… -I know,I know… | -天啊 罗比 我跟麦克说过 -我知道的 |
[46:58] | I think Saviano might be legit,Ben. | 我觉得萨维亚诺说的是实话 本 |
[47:01] | You wanna elaborate on that? | 你能给我解释下吗 |
[47:03] | No. Not really. | 不 还不行 |
[47:06] | It just feels like this thing’s stacking up. It’s my gut. | 只是感觉这些线索开始连起来了 是我的直觉 |
[47:12] | -Okay. -Okay. Good. | -好吧 -那就好 |
[47:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:25] | Hello? | 喂 |
[47:26] | -Mr. Rezendes? -Uh,yeah. Who’s this? | -雷然斯先生 -是的 你是哪位 |
[47:29] | It’s Richard Sipe. | 我是理查德·赛培 |
[47:31] | -Oh,yeah. Hey,Richard,how are you? -I’m good. | -哦 你好啊 理查德 -我很好 |
[47:34] | Uh,thanks for calling. Look… | 感谢你打电话过来 |
[47:36] | Phil Saviano gave me your name. | 是菲尔·萨维亚诺给我你的联系方式 |
[47:38] | I was wondering if I can ask you a few questions. | 我想能不能问你几个问题 |
[47:41] | -Of course. Yeah. -Great. | -当然可以 -那太好了 |
[47:43] | So,Phil told me that you were working | 菲尔告诉我你在巴尔的摩的 |
[47:45] | at one of the Church’s treatment centers in Baltimore? | 一所教会治疗中心工作 |
[47:48] | Yes. The Seton Psychiatric Institute. | 是的 西顿精神病研究所 |
[47:51] | It was run by the Daughters of Charity. | 由仁爱修女会运作 |
[47:53] | And,uh,when was that,Richard? | 那是什么时候的事 理查德 |
[47:57] | Well,I started my psychotherapy fellowship there in 1965, | 我1965年开始我的精神疗法研究员职位 |
[48:02] | and I was there for five years, | 我在那做了5年 |
[48:03] | but I spent the next 30 studying abusive priests and their victims. | 然后在那之后的30年里研究性侵神父和他们的受害者 |
[48:07] | Really? | 真的 |
[48:08] | And that’s been your sole focus? | 那你就是你唯一的研究项目 |
[48:11] | Look,Mike, | 听我说 麦克 |
[48:13] | the Church wants us to believe that it’s just a few bad apples. | 教会想让我们相信这只是少数的害群之马 |
[48:16] | But it’s a much bigger problem than that. | 可实际情况要严重的多 |
[48:18] | How much bigger,Richard? | 有多严重 理查德 |
[48:19] | Well,based on the research, | 根据我的研究 |
[48:21] | I would classify it as a recognizable psychiatric phenomenon. | 我会把它定义为可辨认的精神病现象 |
[48:26] | That’s big. | 那么严重啊 |
[48:33] | -Hey,Mac. -Hey. | -嗨 马克 -嗨 |
[48:34] | If I wanted historical data on a priest, | 如果我想找神父的历史数据 |
[48:37] | parishes he’d been assigned to, | 像他被派往哪些堂区 |
[48:38] | where would I find that? | 我该去哪找 |
[48:39] | The Geoghan case? It’s all in the clips. Lisa has the source material. | 和吉欧根案有关 剪报里都有啊 丽莎可以给你原件 |
[48:42] | Yeah,what if it was for another priest? | 恩 如果我想找另一个神父呢 |
[48:44] | One that hadn’t been in the papers. | 没报道过的那种 |
[48:45] | -You’re looking at another priest? -Who’re you looking at? | -还要找别的神父 -你现在要找谁 |
[48:48] | Any ideas? | 有建议吗 |
[48:50] | Oh,come on,Matt,you’re not going to tell me? | 马特 不是吧 跟我还保密啊 |
[48:53] | I gotta get to a meeting. Thanks,Mac. | 我得赶去开会了 谢谢 马克 |
[48:54] | Hey,Steve. | 嘿 斯蒂夫 |
[48:57] | The archdiocese puts out an annual directory. | 大主教区每年都发布花名录 |
[48:59] | -Every priest and parish. -That’s great. | -记录堂区的所有神父 -太好了 |
[49:02] | Do these go back any further than ’98? | 这里有98年以前的吗 |
[49:04] | Oh,yeah. Going back to the ’80s in the mez. | 有啊 夹楼层里有80年代的 |
[49:06] | Beyond that you gotta go to the BPL. | 再早一些的你就得去波士顿图书馆找了 |
[49:08] | -In the mez,huh? Thanks,Lisa. -You bet. | -在夹楼层啊 谢谢你 丽莎 -错不了 |
[49:12] | He said they all target the same kind of kid. | 他说他们下手的小孩都很类似 |
[49:14] | Low-income families,absentee fathers,broken homes. | 贫困家庭 父爱缺失 离异家庭 |
[49:18] | So a guy like Geoghan goes after boys not because he prefers them, | 像吉欧根这些家伙对小孩下手 不是因为他们有什么偏爱 |
[49:21] | but because they have more shame. | 而是因为这类小孩很窘迫 |
[49:23] | Less likely to talk. | 不易揭发他们 |
[49:26] | These guys are predators,Robby. | 这些家伙都是禽兽 罗比 |
[49:28] | And I talked to Sipe. He said he’d seen dozens of them | 我跟赛培谈了 他说光60年代在西顿 |
[49:30] | in the ’60s in Seton. | 就见了几十个这类神父 |
[49:32] | He called it a “phenomenon.” | 他称之为”一种现象” |
[49:33] | -Why didn’t he go public? -He did, | -他为什么不公之于众 -他尝试过 |
[49:35] | but the Church made a huge effort to discredit him. | 不过教会花了很多功夫诋毁他 |
[49:37] | Smear campaigns,public statements by prominent bishops. | 各种抹黑行动 还有地位显著的主教出来反驳 |
[49:41] | It’s just like Saviano said,and Garabedian. | 就和萨维亚诺和加拉贝迪安说的完全吻合 |
[49:44] | You getting anywhere with him? | 你从他那还问到些什么 |
[49:46] | -More victims. -More victims. | -更多的受害者 -更多的受害者 |
[49:48] | -You can’t empty his pockets? -I’ll get to him. | -你不能让他全盘托出 -我会搞定他的 |
[49:50] | -I just need more time. -Oh,come on,Mike. | -只是需要多点时间 -麦克 加把劲 |
[49:52] | -You gotta get him. -I’ll get him,I’ll get him. | -你一定要搞定他 -会的 我肯定办到 |
[49:58] | Jesus. What the hell is that smell? | 天哪 这是什么气味 |
[49:59] | There’s a dead rat in the corner. | 角落里有只死老鼠 |
[50:02] | -What have you got? -Church directories. | -你找到些什么 -教会的花名录 |
[50:04] | It’s every priest in Massachusetts. | 马萨诸塞州的神父全在这里面 |
[50:06] | What parish they’re assigned to. | 他们负责哪个堂区 |
[50:08] | -Are these official? -Yeah. | -这是官方的 -恩 |
[50:09] | I figured it could help us track down | 我想这个可以帮助我们追查 |
[50:10] | some of the priests that Saviano mentioned. | 萨维亚诺提到的那些个神父 |
[50:12] | Maybe find some more victims. | 也许能找到更多的受害者 |
[50:13] | -Can we turn on some more lights? -I couldn’t find the switch. | -能多开几盏灯吗 -我没找到开关 |
[50:15] | -You wanna borrow my glasses? -No,I’m good. I’m good. | -你想用我的眼镜吗 -不用 我不需要 |
[50:18] | Look,1983. | 看这里 1983年 |
[50:20] | John Geoghan,St. Brendan Parish,Dorchester. | 约翰·吉欧根 多尔切斯特 布兰登街堂区 |
[50:22] | So we can find out where any priest is in any given year? | 那这样我们可以找出任意年份任意神父所在的堂区 |
[50:25] | Yeah,I got him here at… | 恩 这里又有他 |
[50:28] | Huh. | 哈 |
[50:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[50:30] | 1980,the year Geoghan was pulled from JP. | 1980年 吉欧根从牙买加平原堂区调出 |
[50:32] | It says he’s on sick leave. | 这上面说他是因病离职 |
[50:33] | Come on. It really says that? | 不是吧 真这么说的 |
[50:36] | Where is,uh,1991? | 1991年的在哪 |
[50:40] | -Here ya go. -Let me see this. | -这里 我拿给你 -我们来找找 |
[50:42] | Barrett. Barrett. Liam. | 巴雷特 巴雷特 利亚姆 |
[50:44] | I can’t read that. Look for a Liam Barrett in there. | 我看不清 帮我找下利亚姆·巴雷特 |
[50:46] | 1991’s the year they pulled him out of Charlestown. | 1991年 他们把他从查尔斯顿调走 |
[50:51] | Barrett,Liam. | 利亚姆·巴雷特 |
[50:55] | -Yeah. -“Sick leave.” | -恩 -“因病离职” |
[50:56] | It’s an official designation. | 这是官方称法 |
[51:00] | Let’s get these upstairs. | 把这些都拿到楼上去 |
[51:02] | And,Matt,check on those priests Saviano gave us. | 马特 逐个查找萨维亚诺提到的那些神父 |
[51:04] | -Robby. Yeah. -Hey,I’m down at the courthouse. | -罗比 -我现在在法院 |
[51:07] | -Something’s not right here. -Nothing on Shanley either,Sacha. | -有些不对劲啊 -萨夏 这里没有任何尚利的记录 |
[51:10] | Okay,thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[51:12] | Yeah,we need to go talk to Macleish again. | 我们得再去找麦克利什一趟 |
[51:14] | -Really,why? -Huh? There’s nothing here. | -真的 为什么 -因为法院什么都查不到 |
[51:17] | There aren’t any records,I checked every name. | 我每个名字都找了 没有任何记录 |
[51:24] | Thanks for waiting. So sorry,guys. Stuck on a call. | 抱歉 让你们久等了 有个电话耽搁了 |
[51:26] | -Not a problem. How are you? -Good. | -没什么 你好吗 -很好 |
[51:28] | -Thanks for meeting us. -You bet. What’s up,guys? | -多谢会见我们 -必须的 又怎么了 |
[51:31] | Mr. Macleish,are you familiar with a priest named Paul Shanley? | 麦克利什先生 你认识一个叫保罗·尚利的神父吗 |
[51:35] | Yes,I am familiar with him. | 是的 我认识他 |
[51:38] | And have you settled cases against Father Shanley? | 那你调解过针对神父尚利的案子吗 |
[51:41] | As I’m sure you can understand,I can’t discuss that with you. | 我想你们应该明白 我是不能跟你们透露案子的事 |
[51:46] | How about,uh,Father Ronald Paquin? | 那神父罗纳德·帕奎因呢 |
[51:51] | Well,I can’t discuss that with you either. Come on,guys. | 那个我同样不能跟你们谈 别这样好吗 |
[51:55] | We understand you’ve settled several cases against each of them. | 我们了解他们每一个人 你都调解过好几起案子 |
[51:58] | Even if I’d been involved in those cases, | 就算我有经手过这些案子 |
[52:01] | the settlements would be confidential, | 结果也是要保密的 |
[52:03] | and I could be disbarred for acknowledging their existence. | 只要承认它们的存在 我就会被吊销律师执照 |
[52:06] | Okay? | 明白 |
[52:09] | Look,I told you guys,these are tough cases. | 我跟你们说过 这都是些难办的案子 |
[52:12] | Most of these folks,they just want some acknowledgment | 大多数受害者只是希望对所发生的事情 |
[52:16] | of what happened. | 能得到某种承认 |
[52:17] | We got ’em a sit-down with the bishop and a little dough, | 我安排他们和主教见个面 拿点赔偿金 |
[52:20] | and that’s the best they could hope for. | 这就是他们能指望的最好结果了 |
[52:22] | Well,it’s certainly the best the priests could hope for. | 那肯定是神父能指望的最好结果吧 |
[52:27] | No,the Church promised they’d take the priests out of circulation. | 不是 教会承诺会排除再使用这些神父 |
[52:30] | And did you follow up on that? | 那你有跟踪了解吗 |
[52:38] | Do you guys need anything else? | 你们还有别的事吗 |
[52:40] | Yes. Why aren’t there any records? | 还有 为什么没有任何记录 |
[52:42] | I was down at the courthouse earlier. | 我先前去了法院 |
[52:44] | There aren’t any records of any of these settlements. | 没找到任何有关这些案件调解的记录 |
[52:49] | We dealt directly with the Church. | 我们是直接和教会打交道 |
[52:52] | We would draw up a demand letter and send it to the chancery. | 我们商讨一个索赔函 然后发给给主教办公室 |
[52:57] | You never filed anything in court? | 你从没在法院备过案 |
[52:59] | It’s a private mediation. | 这是私下调解 |
[53:01] | So,this is just you and the archdiocese’s lawyers | 那么 就只是你和大主教区的律师 |
[53:06] | in a room? | 闭门商议 |
[53:08] | Correct. | 没错 |
[53:10] | Anyone else? | 还有其他人参与吗 |
[53:11] | Occasionally,the Church would bring in another defense attorney to help out. | 有时教会会找来别的辩护律师帮忙 |
[53:15] | You have names? | 能透露名字吗 |
[53:16] | Nope. | 不行 |
[53:19] | No,I don’t. | 我不能透露 |
[53:21] | So this was all under the table? | 这一切都是私下解决的 |
[53:22] | There’s no paper trail. At all. | 根本没有任何文件记录 |
[53:24] | The victim has to sign a confidentiality agreement | 受害者必须签署一份保密协议 |
[53:27] | to get the settlement. | 才能获得赔偿 |
[53:28] | The lawyer takes a third and the Church sweeps it under the rug. | 律师抽取1/3的佣金 而教会摆平一切 |
[53:30] | Jeez,it’s a freakin’ racket. | 天啊 这成了不法勾当 |
[53:32] | It’s more complicated than that. | 没有那么简单 |
[53:34] | Macleish’s got a duty to the client to get the best deal he can. | 麦克利什的责任就是替他的客户尽可能争取最好的条件 |
[53:37] | Sure,but how many victims do you represent and profit from | 是 可你要从多少个这样的受害者身上赚够钱后 |
[53:40] | before you say something? | 才良心发现 |
[53:41] | Garabedian would say none. | 加拉贝迪安绝不会同意 |
[53:43] | That’s why he’s taking these cases to court | 所以他才会去法院解决这些案子 |
[53:45] | because he wants people to know about this. | 因为他想把真相公之于众 |
[53:47] | I agree. And legal ethics aside,Ben, | 我同意 法律操守先不说 本 |
[53:50] | I mean,operating the way Macleish has | 我觉得麦克利什的这种做法 |
[53:52] | all but guarantees that the abuse stays under wraps. | 就快等同于帮忙掩盖性侵行为 |
[53:55] | Yeah. Did Macleish confirm all Saviano’s priests? | 是啊 麦克利什证实了萨维亚诺指控的那些神父吗 |
[53:58] | No. He’s limited by his confidentiality agreement. | 没有 他签署的保密协议让他无能为力 |
[54:04] | But clearly he’s settled cases against a number of them. | 可他明显调解了很多与这些神父有关的案子 |
[54:06] | Phil’s put me in touch with some of the other victims, | 靠菲尔牵线搭桥 我联系上了其他一些受害者 |
[54:08] | I’m pretty confident all of his priests are gonna check out. | 我有信心把他指控的神父逐一确认 |
[54:12] | So it is 13 priests? | 那就是13名神父 |
[54:14] | Yeah. Looks that way. | 恩 基本跑不了 |
[54:17] | Holy shit. | 天啊 |
[54:21] | Okay. Keep going. | 好吧 继续加油 |
[54:24] | 天主教慈善晚会”宾客名单” | |
[54:27] | I’m sorry. What was the name again? | 抱歉 能再说遍你的名字吗 |
[54:29] | Uh,Baron. | 巴伦 |
[54:35] | I’m having trouble finding it. Just give me a second. | 我一直没找到 再等一会儿 |
[54:38] | It’s okay,Kim,I can vouch for him. | 没事的 金姆 我可以替他担保 |
[54:41] | I’m Pete Conley,I’m on the board of Catholic Charities. | 在下皮特·康利 是天主教慈善会的董事 |
[54:44] | Welcome to Boston,Mr. Baron. | 欢迎来到波士顿 巴伦先生 |
[54:46] | -Thank you. -I appreciate you joining us. | -谢谢 -感谢你的大驾光临 |
[54:49] | We’re very proud of the work we do here at Boston. | 我们对自己在波士顿的善举也很自豪 |
[54:52] | Oh,the Cardinal said you had a nice visit. | 主教大人说跟你有过愉快的会面 |
[54:55] | Yes,we did. | 是的 我们见过了 |
[54:56] | He’s an extraordinary man. I’m glad you had a chance to chat. | 他可是个了不起的人物 我很高兴你们有机会聊聊 |
[55:13] | Enjoying yourself? | 玩的开心吗 |
[55:17] | Uh,to be honest,these events aren’t really my strong suit. | 老实说 在这种场合交际我不太擅长 |
[55:21] | -Yeah. -Are you involved with the charity? | -了解 -你也是这个慈善会的 |
[55:23] | Not directly,no. Several of my friends are. | 没有 没有直接关系 我一些朋友有参与 |
[55:26] | We all went to high school. BC High. | 都是一个中学的同学 波士顿大学附属中学 |
[55:28] | That’s the school across the street from the Globe. | 就是 环球报 街对面的学校 |
[55:31] | -It’s hard to miss. -Yeah. | -经常能见面 -没错 |
[55:34] | Hard to get away from,too,apparently. | 明显想躲也躲不开 |
[55:38] | The Cardinal’s in the corner if you’re so inclined. | 如果你还坚持的话 主教就在那边的角落 |
[55:43] | -We’ve met. -Really? | -我们已经见过了 -真的 |
[55:46] | Did he mention the suit? | 他有提到起诉的事吗 |
[55:47] | No,but he did give me a copy of the catechism. | 没有 不过他确送了我一本《教义问答》 |
[55:51] | Yeah,well,the Cardinal’s not known for his subtlety. | 恩 主教的风格就是不爱拐弯抹角 |
[55:54] | During the Porter investigation, | 波特案调查期间 |
[55:56] | he’d literally called down the power of God on the Globe. | 他真的是请出了上帝来对付 环球报 |
[56:00] | How’d that play out? | 那发生了什么 |
[56:02] | A week later our editor broke his leg skiing. | 一周后 我们的编辑滑雪时摔断腿 |
[56:06] | Shrimp toast,gentlemen? | 要鲜虾土司吗 先生们 |
[56:09] | No,thanks. No. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[56:12] | You said one of the victims filed a criminal complaint? | 你说 有个受害者提起了刑事诉讼 |
[56:16] | Yeah,there were a few of them. | 恩 有为数不多的几个 |
[56:19] | But the judge had the case records sealed | 不过在教会的朋友投诉后 |
[56:21] | after friends of the Church complained. | 法官就把案件档案封存了 |
[56:23] | And the Church has a lot of friends. | 教会的朋友可是无处不在 |
[56:25] | Like Eric Macleish? | 比如埃里克·麦克利什 |
[56:28] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[56:29] | Let’s just say he’s not part of the solution. | 让我们这么说吧 他属于应急预案 |
[56:32] | -You follow what I’m saying? -Sure. | -你明白我说的意思吗 -明白 |
[56:35] | You work hard,Mr. Rezendes. | 你工作很拼命啊 雷然斯先生 |
[56:36] | -Are you married? -Yeah. | -结婚了吗 -结了 |
[56:39] | Your wife doesn’t mind you working all the time? | 老婆不介意你整天只顾着工作 |
[56:41] | Oh,yeah,she does. | 她当然介意 |
[56:45] | That’s why I never got married. I’m too busy. | 那就是我不结婚的原因 我太忙了 |
[56:48] | What I do is too important. | 我做的工作太重要了 |
[56:54] | Your new editor,he’s a Jew right? | 你们的新总编是犹太裔 对吧 |
[56:57] | -Oh,that’s right,yeah. -Yeah,see, | -说的没错 -哦 |
[57:00] | he comes in and suddenly everybody’s interested in the Church. | 他一上任 突然间所有人都盯上了教会 |
[57:03] | You know why? | 你知道原因吗 |
[57:06] | Because it takes an outsider,like me. | 因为这种事要靠外来者 就像我 |
[57:09] | I’m Armenian. | 我是亚美尼亚裔 |
[57:11] | How many Armenians do you know in Boston? | 在波士顿你认识几个亚美尼亚裔 |
[57:14] | Steve Kurkjian,works at the Globe. | 斯蒂夫·柯吉恩 我 环球报 的同事 |
[57:17] | Oh,that’s two. You should get a prize or something. | 认识2个啊 你真该去买彩票什么的 |
[57:21] | -What are you,Italian? -No,I’m Portuguese. | -那你是 意裔 -不是 我是葡裔 |
[57:24] | -From where? -East Boston. | -哪里人 -东波士顿的 |
[57:28] | Really? East Boston? | 真的 东波士顿 |
[57:32] | You don’t sound like it. | 听你口音不像 |
[57:40] | This city,these people, | 这座城市和它的人民 |
[57:45] | making the rest of us feel like we don’t belong. | 让我们这样的人感到格格不入 |
[57:47] | But they’re no better than us. | 可他们并不比我们强 |
[57:50] | Look at how they treat their children. | 看看他们是怎么对待自己小孩的 |
[57:54] | Mark my words,Mr. Rezendes, | 雷然斯先生 记住我说的话 |
[57:56] | if it takes a village to raise a child, | 如果养育一个孩子要靠整个村庄的支持 |
[57:58] | it takes a village to abuse one. | 那侵害一个孩子整个村庄也脱不了干系 |
[58:04] | -Hey,here he is. Want a beer? -Love one. | -你现身了啊 来杯啤酒 -那是当然 |
[58:08] | Another. You here with Barbara? | 给我也来一杯 你和芭芭拉一起来的 |
[58:11] | -No,she hates these things. -Karen,too. | -没有 她讨厌这类活动 -凯伦也一样 |
[58:14] | -Yeah. -Smart ladies. | -是啊 -女人就是聪明 |
[58:16] | Sláinte. | 干杯 |
[58:20] | I met your new editor. | 我见了你们的新总编 |
[58:22] | -Seemed like a decent fellow. -I think he is. | -看上去挺正派的一个人 -我也这么认为 |
[58:27] | Hey,I had an interesting conversation with Eric Macleish the other day. | 我几天前和埃里克·麦克利什进行了一番有趣的谈话 |
[58:32] | Turns out he’s been settling abuse cases with the archdiocese for years. | 原来他多年来一直在从事大主教区性侵案件的调解工作 |
[58:37] | You really wanna talk about this here? | 你真的要在这个场合谈论这种事 |
[58:40] | Jim,you said you helped out on Father Barrett as a favor. | 吉姆 你说过你在神父巴雷特的事上帮过忙 |
[58:46] | That was a one-off? | 那只是一次性的 |
[58:51] | How many of these cases have you been involved with? | 你到底经手了多少这类案子 |
[58:55] | You know I can’t answer that,Robby. It’s unethical. | 罗比 你知道我不可以回答那些问题 那有违职业道德 |
[58:59] | Is that all it is? | 这个借口就够了 |
[59:03] | So,this would be the Robby Robinson | 原来 这才是我一直耳闻确素未谋面的 |
[59:07] | I’ve always heard about but never met. | 罗比·罗宾逊的本色啊 |
[59:11] | Listen to me,Jimmy. | 听我说 吉姆 |
[59:13] | You wanna be on the right side of this. | 你会希望自己做出正确的抉择 |
[59:17] | This is the Church you’re talking about,Robby. | 罗比 你正在说的可是教会啊 |
[59:20] | Look around. These are good people, | 看看四周 这些都是好人 |
[59:22] | done a lot of good for this city. | 给这座城市做出了很多贡献 |
[59:26] | Enjoy the party. | 享受晚会吧 |
[59:36] | I’ve been through a lot of these now. | 这些我已经查阅得差不多了 |
[59:38] | “Sick leave” isn’t the only designation they use | 他们排除使用这类神父时 |
[59:40] | when they take one of these priests out of circulation. | “因病离职”不是唯一的称法 |
[59:42] | They use a slew of terms. “Absent on leave,” | 他们会用各种称法”休假” |
[59:45] | “unassigned,” “emergency response.” | “待分配””处理要务” |
[59:47] | -They got a word for everything,these guys. -Hmm. Except “rape.” | -各种借口都可以用在他们身上 -除了强奸 |
[59:50] | And they move parishes way more frequently than other priests. | 他们比其他神父更为频繁的调动堂区 |
[59:53] | When I was a kid,a priest moved | 我小时候 一个神父 |
[59:54] | after seven or eight years,sometimes longer. | 要差不多7 8年才会调走 有时还不止 |
[59:56] | These guys,it’s two to three years tops. | 这些家伙最多2 3年 |
[59:58] | And did they use these designations for all of Saviano’s priests? | 他们有用这些称法在萨维亚诺提到的神父上吗 |
[1:00:01] | Yeah,it’s a pretty clear pattern. | 有啊 这是很明显的模式 |
[1:00:03] | Guys,I got Sipe. | 大伙 我联系上赛培了 |
[1:00:05] | I think if you really want to understand the crisis, | 我认为如果你们想真正弄清这场危机 |
[1:00:08] | you need to start with the celibacy requirement. | 你必须先了解教士独身制 |
[1:00:11] | That was my first major finding. | 那是我的第一项重大发现 |
[1:00:13] | Only 50% of the clergy are celibate. | 只有50%的神职人员是独身 |
[1:00:16] | Now,most of them are having sex with other adults. | 现在 他们中的大多数人都和其他成年人有性爱关系 |
[1:00:20] | But the fact remains that this creates a culture of secrecy | 可事实是这造成了一种秘而不宣的风气 |
[1:00:23] | that tolerates and even protects pedophiles. | 容忍甚至是保护恋童癖 |
[1:00:27] | So you believe the Church is aware of the extent of this crisis? | 那你是认为教会早就意识到这场危机的严重程度 |
[1:00:31] | Oh,absolutely. After the first major scandal in Louisiana, | 恩 绝对知道 在路易斯安娜爆出第一次重大丑闻后 |
[1:00:34] | Tom Doyle,the secretary-canonist for the papal nuncio, | 汤姆·多伊尔 教廷大使的圣典学秘书 |
[1:00:38] | co-authored a report warning pedophile priests | 合作发表了一片报告预警 说这些恋童癖神父 |
[1:00:41] | were a billion-dollar liability. | 会造成数十亿美元的损失 |
[1:00:43] | That was in 1985. | 那是在1985年 |
[1:00:45] | -1985? -That’s right. | 1985年 -没错 |
[1:00:48] | Who saw that report? Anyone from the Catholic hierarchy? | 谁看了那篇报告 有天主教高层看过吗 |
[1:00:51] | Sure. | 肯定的 |
[1:00:52] | Doyle tried to introduce the report at | 多伊尔想在全国天主教 |
[1:00:54] | the National Conference of Catholic Bishops. | 主教会议上介绍这份报告 |
[1:00:57] | In fact,Cardinal Law initially helped to fund the report. | 事实上 劳主教起初还帮助报告筹款 |
[1:01:00] | But then he backed out,and they shelved it. | 不过他后来退出 报告就被搁置了 |
[1:01:02] | Are you kidding me? | 不是开玩笑吧 |
[1:01:04] | Richard,Robby here. | 理查德 我是罗比 |
[1:01:06] | We think we have 13 priests in Boston that fit this pattern, | 我们认为在波士顿这里就有13名神父符合这种模式 |
[1:01:11] | which would be a very,very big story. | 将会是个非常重大的新闻 |
[1:01:15] | Does that sound right to you in terms of scale? | 你觉得从波及程度来看 这个数字准确吗 |
[1:01:19] | No,not really,Robby. It sounds low to me. | 不 真不觉得 罗比 我反而觉得少了 |
[1:01:22] | My estimates suggest 6% act out sexually with minors. | 我的估算显示有6%的人会对未成年人下手 |
[1:01:27] | Uh,6% of what? | 6%的什么 |
[1:01:29] | 6% of all priests. | 全体神父的6% |
[1:01:32] | How many priests do we have in Boston? | 波士顿有多少神父 |
[1:01:33] | About 1,500. 1% is 15. | 大概1500人 1%是15人 |
[1:01:35] | 6% is | 6%就是 |
[1:01:38] | 90. | 90人 |
[1:01:40] | -All right,90 priests. -Is that possible? | -那好 90名神父 -这可能吗 |
[1:01:44] | From a metric standpoint, | 从度量的角度看 |
[1:01:47] | yes,that would certainly be in line with my findings. | 是的 数字应该会与我的发现吻合 |
[1:01:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:02:00] | Ninety fucking priests? In Boston? | 光波士顿就有90个神父这么多 |
[1:02:03] | That’s what he said. | 他就是这么说的 |
[1:02:06] | If there were 90 of these bastards,people would know. | 如果有90个这样的人渣 大伙早就知道了吧 |
[1:02:08] | Maybe they do. | 或许他们都知道 |
[1:02:10] | And no one said a thing? | 就没一个人站出来 |
[1:02:12] | Good Germans? | 学德国佬 |
[1:02:14] | I don’t think that’s a comparison you want to make publically. | 我觉得这不是你想公开使用的比较 |
[1:02:17] | Macleish knew. He just didn’t say anything. | 麦克利什知道 只是什么也不说 |
[1:02:19] | That’s 13 priests. | 那只是13名神父 |
[1:02:21] | There’s a big difference between 13 and 90. | 这13和90差得可不是一点半点 |
[1:02:23] | Where’s this guy Sipe getting his numbers? | 赛培这家伙从哪捣鼓出来的数字 |
[1:02:25] | Well,he’s been studying it for 30 years. | 他从事这项研究已经有30年了 |
[1:02:27] | He is a trained psychotherapist. | 是个训练有素的精神治疗医师 |
[1:02:29] | Okay,but we need something more than a metric | 那好 不过我们需要些更有力的证据 |
[1:02:32] | from some hippy ex-priest who’s shacking up with a nun. | 而不能只靠这个搞上修女的嬉皮前神父的估算 |
[1:02:34] | Okay,so we’ll track down more victims. We’ll get more priests. | 那好吧 我们去查找更多的受害者 找出更多的神父 |
[1:02:37] | Then we can check them against the directories. | 然后可以用花名录比对 |
[1:02:40] | That’s a shitload of victims. | 那可是天文数字般的受害者 |
[1:02:42] | We’ll get there. | 我们会办到的 |
[1:02:43] | How long’s it gonna take? | 那得花多少时间啊 |
[1:02:46] | Too long. | 太长了 |
[1:02:49] | Wait,but… Meeting’s over? | 等等 这会就结束了 |
[1:02:50] | Yeah,for now. | 恩 目前是的 |
[1:02:54] | -Look,what’ve you got? -What if we work backwards? | -你有什么主意 -我们做逆向工程如何 |
[1:02:57] | -What do you mean? From what? -From the directories. | -你是什么意思 从哪开始 -从花名录开始 |
[1:02:59] | We’ve been using them to confirm bad priests. | 我们现在用花名录来确认问题神父 |
[1:03:01] | What if we do it the other way around? | 那如果我们反着来呢 |
[1:03:02] | -Use the directories to identify bad priests. -Yeah,exactly. | -使用花名录去找出问题神父 -对 就是这个思路 |
[1:03:04] | We search by designation. | 我们用关键词来进行寻找 |
[1:03:06] | We look for any priest on “sick leave” or “unassigned.” | 我们找寻任何神父有”因病离职”或”待分配” |
[1:03:09] | -Or have been moved around a lot. -Yeah. | -还有频繁转换堂区的 -对 |
[1:03:11] | It’s gonna take a load of work. | 这工程量也不小 |
[1:03:13] | Well,not if we’re all on it. | 一起干可以快些 |
[1:03:15] | You,too? | 你也来 |
[1:03:16] | Generally that’s what “all” means. Yeah. Yeah,generally. | -大致上说”一起”就是这个意思啊 -恩 大致上 |
[1:03:21] | 因病离职 | |
[1:03:27] | 待分配 | |
[1:03:50] | 待分配 | |
[1:03:54] | 在职 | |
[1:04:13] | Library is closing. | 图书馆要关门了 |
[1:04:18] | Library is closing. | 图书馆要关门了 |
[1:04:26] | 奥沙利文 尤金 M 治疗中心 | |
[1:04:29] | Holy shit. | 天哪 |
[1:05:18] | No freakin’ way. | 没搞错吧 |
[1:05:24] | 孩子们 别靠近佩尔顿大街276号的房子 | |
[1:05:27] | 也别靠近住在那的人 | |
[1:05:29] | -Talbot. -Yeah. | -塔尔博特 -对 |
[1:05:30] | -Tivnan. -Yeah. | -蒂夫南 -对 |
[1:05:31] | -Toma. -Yeah. | -托尔纳 -对 |
[1:05:33] | -Turnbull. -Yeah. | -特恩布尔 -对 |
[1:05:34] | -Walsh. -Yeah. | -沃尔什 -对 |
[1:05:35] | -Welsh. -Yeah. | -韦尔什 -对 |
[1:05:36] | -That’s it. -That’s it. | -都在这了 -是的 |
[1:05:38] | Holy shit. Robby? | 天啊 罗比 |
[1:05:40] | That’s three off Sipe’s estimate. That’s incredible. | 比赛培的估算就少了3个 太不可思议了 |
[1:05:42] | Robby? | 罗比 |
[1:05:43] | -How many? -Eighty-seven. | -多少 -87人 |
[1:05:45] | Eighty-seven priests in Boston. | 波士顿就有87人 |
[1:05:49] | -Call Macleish. I wanna talk to him. -Okay. | -联系麦克利什 我想和他谈谈 -好的 |
[1:05:53] | -Can you print it? -Sure can. | -你能打印出来吗 -当然可以 |
[1:05:58] | Jim Sullivan’s office. | 吉姆·沙利文办公室 |
[1:06:00] | Yeah,Walter Robinson for Jim Sullivan. | 我是沃尔特·罗宾逊 请找下吉姆·沙利文 |
[1:06:02] | Tell him it’s important,please. | 请告诉他事情紧急 |
[1:06:04] | One moment,please. | 请稍等 |
[1:06:10] | Hey,Robby. Everything okay? | 嗨 罗比 一切都好吗 |
[1:06:12] | I need you to tell me something,Jim. | 吉姆 我想你告诉我件事 |
[1:06:14] | Could it be 90 priests? | 会有90名神父吗 |
[1:06:16] | -What? -Could it be as high as 90? | -什么 -会有90名神父这么多吗 |
[1:06:19] | Jesus,Robby. | 天啊 罗比 |
[1:06:21] | I need to know,Jim. I wouldn’t be asking if it wasn’t important. | 吉姆 我必须得知道 事关重大我才来问你的 |
[1:06:26] | You gotta stop this,Robby. | 罗比 你最好收手吧 |
[1:06:36] | Robby,Macleish’s assistant said he’s all booked up,he can’t see us. | 罗比 麦克利什的助手说他日程满了 见不了我们 |
[1:06:40] | Yeah. Well,the hell he can’t. | 恩 他不见也得见 |
[1:06:48] | All right. That’ll be fun. | 好的 那样才有意思 |
[1:06:54] | You know what,I’ll catch up with you,okay? | 我一会儿再找你 好吗 |
[1:06:55] | We’re good. | 没事的 |
[1:06:57] | Hey,guys,I’m really sorry,I am, | 嘿 你们好 我真的很抱歉 |
[1:06:59] | but I don’t have any time to talk right now, | 可我现在真没时间谈 |
[1:07:00] | but if you call my assistant… | 你们可以跟我的助手联系 |
[1:07:02] | Mr. Macleish,we have reason to believe | 麦克利什先生 我们有理由相信 |
[1:07:03] | that there are allegations against as many as 87 priests in Boston. | 在波士顿就有近87名神父受到指控 |
[1:07:07] | I can’t talk to you about that. | 我不能跟你们谈这个 |
[1:07:08] | -Does that number sound right to you? -You gotta be kidding me. | -这数字你觉得准确吗 -你们听不懂话吗 |
[1:07:10] | I just told you I don’t have time for this crap right now. | 我都说了没时间搭理这破事 |
[1:07:12] | Eric. How many priests did you settle? | 埃里克 你调解过多少神父的案子 |
[1:07:16] | Robby,you know I can’t tell you that. | 罗比 你知道我不可以跟你谈这些 |
[1:07:17] | You’re gonna give me the names and the names of their victims. | 你必须给我他们的名单 以及受害者的名单 |
[1:07:22] | Are you threatening me? | 你这是在威胁我 |
[1:07:24] | We’ve got two stories here. | 我们准备了2份报道 |
[1:07:26] | We’ve got a story about degenerate clergy, | 一份是关于道德沦丧的神职人员 |
[1:07:28] | and we’ve got a story about a bunch of lawyers | 还有另一份报道披露一群律师 |
[1:07:30] | turning child abuse into a cottage industry. | 把性侵未成年人案变成有利可图的不法勾当 |
[1:07:33] | Now,which story do you want us to write? | 现在你希望我们发表那篇报道 |
[1:07:36] | Cause we’re writing one of them. | 因为我们正在准备其中一篇 |
[1:07:41] | I already sent you a list of names. | 我已经给你们寄去了一份名单 |
[1:07:45] | What’re you talking about? To whom? | 你在说什么 寄给谁了 |
[1:07:47] | The Globe. Years ago. | 多年前就寄给了 环球报 |
[1:07:49] | After the Porter case. I got plenty of calls. | 就在波特案后 我接到了很多电话 |
[1:07:51] | I had 20 priests in Boston alone, | 波士顿我就统计了20名神父 |
[1:07:54] | but I couldn’t go after them without the press. | 不过没有媒体的帮助我是无能为力的 |
[1:07:56] | So I sent you guys a list of names,and you buried it. | 于是我就给你们寄了一份名单 而你们置之不理 |
[1:08:03] | I want those names tomorrow. | 我明天就要那些名单 |
[1:08:04] | Check your goddamn clips,Robby. | 罗比 到你们的剪报里找啊 |
[1:08:09] | We didn’t find anything in the clips. | 我们没在剪报里发现什么啊 |
[1:08:10] | Yeah. Big surprise. | 是的 真是出乎意料 |
[1:08:14] | Richard,do you still go to mass? | 理查德 你还参加弥撒吗 |
[1:08:17] | No. No,I haven’t been to church for some time now. | 没有 我有很长时间都没去教堂了 |
[1:08:20] | But I still consider myself a Catholic. | 不过我仍然视自己为天主教徒 |
[1:08:23] | How does that work? | 这样也行 |
[1:08:25] | Well,the church is an institution,Mike. | 教会是所机构 麦克 |
[1:08:28] | Made of men. | 是由人组建的 |
[1:08:29] | It’s passing. My faith is in the eternal. | 有天它会消逝 而我的信仰是永恒的 |
[1:08:33] | I try to separate the two. | 我试着把两者分开 |
[1:08:36] | -Sounds tricky. -It is. | -听上去挺难 -是啊 |
[1:08:38] | Especially since the Church continues to go after me. | 特别是教会还不停的找我麻烦 |
[1:08:42] | It takes a toll,Mike. | 这让人心灰意冷 麦克 |
[1:08:44] | They’ll try to silence anyone who speaks out. | 他们会尝试阻止任何想曝光的人 |
[1:08:45] | I’m sure they’ll come after you and your team soon enough. | 我相信他们很快就会阻挠你和你的团队 |
[1:08:48] | Really? And how do you think they’ll do that? | 真的 你认为他们如何能办到 |
[1:08:54] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:08:56] | Richard? | 理查德 |
[1:09:04] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[1:09:05] | It’s the archbishop of Canterbury. | 坎特伯雷大主教 |
[1:09:11] | I had dinner at Santarpio’s,had some leftovers. | 在披萨店吃的晚餐还剩下了些 |
[1:09:13] | Ah,you’re the freakin’ best. Thanks. You want a beer? | 你真是雪中送炭 多谢了 想来瓶啤酒吗 |
[1:09:17] | -Yeah. -You got it. | -好的 -马上给你 |
[1:09:19] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[1:09:21] | How much longer you gonna be in this shithole? | 你还要在这狗窝待多久 |
[1:09:23] | Yeah. I’m working on it. | 恩 我正在考虑呢 |
[1:09:25] | She’s a good girl,Mike. | 她可是个好女孩 麦克 |
[1:09:27] | Yeah,she is. We’ll figure it out. | 说的没错 我们会解决的 |
[1:09:30] | I haven’t had a lot of time lately. | 最近实在是没时间 |
[1:09:33] | I just got off the phone with Sipe,actually. | 我刚和赛培通完电话 |
[1:09:35] | Have you met this guy in person yet? | 你和他见过面吗 |
[1:09:37] | No,but his knowledge of this is on a whole other level. | 没有 不过他的见解是专家级的 |
[1:09:41] | I’m freaking starving. | 我快饿死了 |
[1:09:43] | So,where are we with the 90? | 90人这事进行到哪儿了 |
[1:09:47] | -We’re close. -How close? | -快接近尾声了 -有多接近 |
[1:09:49] | -We’re close. -Just answer the question,will you? | -就是快接近了 -你能不能正面回答问题 |
[1:09:55] | We got 87 names. | 我们有了87人的名单 |
[1:09:57] | We’re trying to get confirmation. I think we will. | 我们正在进行确认工作 希望很大 |
[1:10:02] | Something bugging you? | 有什么烦心事 |
[1:10:04] | It’s just surprising,that’s all. | 没啥 只是觉得难以置信 |
[1:10:07] | Yeah. Yeah,it is. For everybody. | 是啊 的确如此 对谁都一样 |
[1:10:15] | Oh,hey,Ben. I forgot to ask you. | 嘿 本 忘了问你件事 |
[1:10:19] | Phil Saviano said he sent a bunch of info over to the Globe years ago. | 菲尔·萨维亚诺说几年前寄了一堆材料到 环球报 |
[1:10:22] | Do you have any idea to who? | 你知道寄给谁了吗 |
[1:10:24] | No,why? | 不知道 问这个干嘛 |
[1:10:25] | Well,I’m just curious. I wanted to see | 我只是好奇而已 我想看看 |
[1:10:27] | if there’s any leads you guys didn’t run out. | 还有什么线索你们没查的 |
[1:10:29] | Saviano was a fucking train wreck five years ago,Mike. | 萨维亚诺5年前根本就是一团糟 麦克 |
[1:10:31] | We didn’t miss anything. | 我们什么线索也没漏掉 |
[1:10:33] | This story needed Spotlight. | 这故事需要《焦点》 |
[1:10:36] | Yeah,I agree. I’m just following up. | 我同意 我只是随便问一下 |
[1:10:41] | -Good night. -Yeah,good night. | -再见 -好的 再见 |
[1:10:47] | This is unbelievable. | 这太难以置信了 |
[1:10:49] | When did you get this? | 你何时拿到的 |
[1:10:50] | Macleish emailed the list this morning. | 麦克利什今早电邮名单给我的 |
[1:10:52] | He settled cases against 45 priests. | 他调解了针对45名神父的案子 |
[1:10:56] | Where are we on Law? | 主教劳我们有什么进展 |
[1:10:57] | Anything that shows he had knowledge of this? | 有任何线索显示他知情吗 |
[1:10:59] | We’re still working Garabedian. | 我们还在寻求加拉贝迪安的帮助 |
[1:11:01] | But nothing concrete. | 可还没什么确凿的结果 |
[1:11:02] | I keep thinking about that conversation we had the other night | 我总会想到那天晚上的谈话 |
[1:11:04] | about how Law called down the power of God | 说到劳在我们报道波特案时 |
[1:11:07] | when we reported on Porter. | 如何请出上帝对付我们 |
[1:11:10] | That’s just Law being Law. | 劳就是那样的人 |
[1:11:12] | Okay,but I checked the clips, | 好吧 可我查看了剪报 |
[1:11:13] | and,uh,Porter isn’t even in the Boston archdiocese. | 波特根本都不属于波士顿大主教区 |
[1:11:17] | He’s from Fall River. So | 他属于福尔河 那么 |
[1:11:20] | why the extreme reaction? | 为什么反应如此强烈 |
[1:11:23] | Law had to know. | 劳肯定知情 |
[1:11:25] | That’s why he had the reaction. | 所以才会有那样的举动 |
[1:11:27] | Because he knew there were others. | 因为他知道还有其他人 |
[1:11:32] | I think that’s the bigger story. | 我觉得这个才是重大新闻 |
[1:11:36] | Bigger than 50 priests? | 比50名神父还重大 |
[1:11:38] | If it came from the top down,yes. | 如果是高层向下授意的话 没错 |
[1:11:40] | But the numbers clearly indicate | 可数字也明显表明 |
[1:11:42] | that there were senior clergy involved. | 高层难辞其咎 |
[1:11:44] | That’s all they do. Indicate. | 它们只有这个效果”表明” |
[1:11:45] | Are you telling me that if we run a story | 你的意思是 如果我们做的报道是 |
[1:11:47] | with 50 pedophile priests in Boston… | 波士顿这里的50名恋童癖神父 |
[1:11:49] | Mike! | 麦克 |
[1:11:50] | We’ll get into the same cat fight you got into on Porter, | 那我们又会重陷波特案时的窘境 |
[1:11:52] | which made a lot of noise, | 虽然一时间引人关注 |
[1:11:54] | but changed things not one bit. | 可并没有促成任何根本上的改变 |
[1:11:59] | We need to focus on the institution,not the individual priests. | 我们必须突出机构 而不是个体神父 |
[1:12:03] | Practice and policy. | 政策以及惯例 |
[1:12:05] | Show me the Church manipulated the system | 显示出教会操纵这个体系 |
[1:12:07] | so that these guys wouldn’t have to face charges. | 好让这些神父一再逃脱惩罚 |
[1:12:09] | Show me they put those same priests | 显示出教会一次又一次的 |
[1:12:11] | back into parishes,time and time again. | 把这类神父安排回堂区工作 |
[1:12:13] | Show me this was systemic, | 显示出这是一种自上而下 |
[1:12:15] | that it came from the top down. | 系统性的行为 |
[1:12:19] | Sounds like we’re going after Law. | 感觉上我们是要揭批劳 |
[1:12:25] | We’re going after the system. | 我们是去揭批这个体系 |
[1:12:30] | Make a list of all the victims we have. Start reaching out. | 制作一份我们手头有的全部受害者的名单 开始进行寻访 |
[1:12:33] | -And bring Matt in if you need help. -Mmm-hmm. | -需要的话可以叫马特帮忙 -嗯哼 |
[1:12:34] | -Okay. -Hey,when you go to Springfield? | -好的 -你什么时候去斯普林菲尔德 |
[1:12:36] | -Our hearing is Monday. -Okay. | -听证会是下周一 -那好 |
[1:12:39] | Hey,Robby,you got a second? | 嗨 罗比 能谈会儿吗 |
[1:12:41] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:12:43] | I,uh,got one of those treatment centers | 有个那种治疗中心 |
[1:12:45] | a block from my house. | 就在我家附近 |
[1:12:49] | We got neighbors with kids. | 周围很多邻居都有小孩 |
[1:12:51] | I know that the work we do is confidential,but I’m feeling like… | 我知道我们的工作内容是要保密 可我觉得 |
[1:12:55] | I should tell ’em. | 应该告诉他们 |
[1:13:01] | We’ll tell ’em soon. | 再等会儿吧 |
[1:13:03] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[1:13:05] | -Yeah. -Okay. | -是的 -那好吧 |
[1:13:10] | Hi there. I’m Sacha Pfeiffer. I’m with The Boston Globe. | 嗨 我是萨夏·法伊弗 波士顿环球报的 |
[1:13:13] | I was just looking for a gentleman by the name of Matthew Walsh. | 我想找一个叫马修·沃尔什的先生 |
[1:13:16] | Uh… No,he’s not. | 不 不是他 |
[1:13:23] | Yeah,okay. Okay. | 好 好的 |
[1:13:31] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[1:13:32] | I’m Sacha Pfeiffer from The Boston Globe. | 我是萨夏·法伊弗 波士顿环球报的 |
[1:13:34] | Yeah,what do you want? | 恩 有什么事吗 |
[1:13:35] | I’d like to speak with Thomas Kennedy. | 我想找托马斯·肯尼迪谈谈 |
[1:13:37] | He doesn’t live here anymore. | 他早就搬走了 |
[1:13:38] | Do you know where he lives? | 你知道他搬哪了吗 |
[1:13:40] | Sir,I’d just like to ask a few… | 先生 我只是想问几个 |
[1:13:44] | Uh,Sacha Pfeiffer,Boston Globe. | 萨夏·法伊弗 波士顿环球报的 |
[1:13:45] | Oh,yeah,hi. | 哦 请进 |
[1:13:46] | Hi. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:13:48] | Anything else you can recall? | 你能想起些什么吗 |
[1:13:50] | No. | 不能 |
[1:13:51] | No,but I got a cousin in Quincy. | 不清楚 不过我有个侄子在昆西 |
[1:13:53] | She saw him in the street a few years later. | 她说几年后在街上见到过他 |
[1:13:56] | The Bishop came over to the house. | 主教大人来到我家 |
[1:13:58] | He said nothing like this had ever happened before, | 他说这种事之前从未发生过 |
[1:14:00] | and he asked us not to press charges. | 请求我们不要提起指控 |
[1:14:02] | And what did your mother do? | 那你母亲怎么做的 |
[1:14:03] | My mother? | 我母亲 |
[1:14:06] | She put out freakin’ cookies. | 她竟然送上糕点 |
[1:14:12] | There was a lot of pressure to keep quiet. | 有各方面压力让你保持缄默 |
[1:14:15] | From the Church? | 教会方面的 |
[1:14:16] | Yeah,from the Church. | 是的 有教会方面的 |
[1:14:17] | But not just the Church. | 可不只是教会 |
[1:14:20] | From my friends, | 有我的朋友 |
[1:14:22] | from the other parishioners. | 还有一些教友 |
[1:14:24] | Well,many of the priests that I treated | 许多我治疗过的神父 |
[1:14:26] | were psychosexually stunted, | 情感方面的性心理 |
[1:14:28] | on the emotional level of a 12-or 13-year-old. | 在12 3岁时就停止发育了 |
[1:14:31] | Jeez. | 天啊 |
[1:14:32] | Sure the Chief knew. Everybody knew, | 警长肯定知道 基本上众人皆知 |
[1:14:34] | but nobody wants to cuff a priest. | 可没有人愿意去抓神父 |
[1:14:38] | And what about the prosecutor? | 那检察官呢 |
[1:14:40] | I shouldn’t talk about this shit. | 我都不该跟你说这些的 |
[1:14:42] | I think you should,actually. | 我觉得你反而应该说出来 |
[1:14:44] | Do you know a Father Hurley or a Father Gale? | 你认识一个叫赫尔利或盖尔的神父吗 |
[1:14:47] | I do. | 认识 |
[1:14:48] | I swear to God,I’ll beat the shit out of you. | 我发誓 我要揍死你 |
[1:14:49] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[1:14:51] | You leave me alone,you leave my brother alone! | 别来烦我 也离我兄弟远点 |
[1:14:52] | You hear me,God damn it? | 你TMD听清楚了吗 |
[1:15:01] | Hi there. I’m looking for Ronald Paquin. | 你好 我想找罗纳德·帕奎因 |
[1:15:04] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[1:15:06] | You’re Father Paquin? | 你就是神父帕奎因 |
[1:15:07] | Yes,that’s right. | 是的没错 |
[1:15:09] | I’m Sacha Pfeiffer from The Boston Globe. | 我是萨夏·法伊弗 波士顿环球报的 |
[1:15:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:15:13] | Could I ask you a few questions? | 我能问你几个问题吗 |
[1:15:14] | Go ahead,dear. | 请问吧 |
[1:15:16] | We spoke to several men who you knew when they were boys | 我们采访了几个小时候和你一同 |
[1:15:18] | at St. John the Baptist in Haverhill. | 在黑弗里尔的圣约翰浸信会待过的男性 |
[1:15:23] | They told us you molested them. Is that true? | 他们说被你猥亵过 是事实吗 |
[1:15:27] | Sure I fooled around,but I never felt gratified myself. | 是的 我是胡来过 可我从不是去满足自己 |
[1:15:32] | Right. Um,but you admit to molesting boys | 好 那你承认在圣约翰浸信会 |
[1:15:35] | at St. John the Baptist? | 猥亵过男孩 |
[1:15:37] | Yes,yes,but as I said, | 是的 可就像我刚说的 |
[1:15:40] | I never got any pleasure from it. | 我从不是为了满足自己 |
[1:15:42] | That’s important to understand. | 你必须得明白这一点 |
[1:15:44] | Right. | 好的 |
[1:15:46] | Um,but can you tell me where and how | 你能告诉我地点吗 |
[1:15:49] | you fooled around with these boys? | 还有你对这些男孩是怎么个胡来法 |
[1:15:52] | I want to be clear, | 我想澄清一下 |
[1:15:53] | I never raped anyone. | 我从没强奸过谁 |
[1:15:56] | There’s a difference. I should know. | 这是有区别的 我自己知道 |
[1:15:59] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:16:00] | I was raped. | 因为我被强奸过 |
[1:16:04] | I’m sorry,who raped you? | 抱歉 谁强奸过你 |
[1:16:06] | Ronnie,who’re you talking to? | 罗尼 你在跟谁说话 |
[1:16:07] | -It’s okay,Jane. -Father Paquin,who raped you? | -没什么 简 -神父帕奎因 谁强奸了你 |
[1:16:09] | Who are you? | 你是哪位 |
[1:16:10] | Uh… Sacha Pfeiffer,from the Globe. | 萨夏·法伊弗 环球报 的 |
[1:16:12] | -Please get off my porch. -I can speak for myself. | -请你离开 -我自己可以处理 |
[1:16:14] | Get inside the house,Ronnie. Mr… | 回屋里去 罗纳德 |
[1:16:16] | -Get inside,Ronald. -Sorry. | -快进去 罗纳德 -抱歉 |
[1:16:18] | Uh,I’m sorry,who are you? | 抱歉 你是他的哪位 |
[1:16:19] | I’m his sister, | 我是他姐姐 |
[1:16:21] | and I don’t want you coming back here. | 我不希望再见到你 |
[1:16:22] | Ms. Paquin… | 帕奎因女士 |
[1:16:31] | Beat you to the end of the street! | 我肯定比你先到街那头 |
[1:16:32] | No,you won’t. I beat you last time! | 不会 你不行 我上次就赢了你 |
[1:16:34] | No,you didn’t,you cheated! | 你才没有 你上次作弊 |
[1:16:35] | You did! | 你才作弊 |
[1:16:43] | Could you please clarify the Globe’s position for me,Mr. Albano? | 请你解释下环球报 的立场好吗 阿尔巴诺先生 |
[1:16:47] | Yes,Judge Sweeney. | 好的 法官斯维尼 |
[1:16:53] | Our argument to make these documents public | 我们请求解封这些文件的依据 |
[1:16:55] | rests mainly on First Amendment grounds. | 主要是宪法第一修正案 |
[1:16:58] | We also have a number of other relevant arguments. | 我们也有一些其他依据 |
[1:17:01] | After all,Your Honor, | 毕竟 法官大人 |
[1:17:02] | this was a discretionary order. | 这是个自由裁决 |
[1:17:04] | Yes,it was made at the Judge’s discretion. | 是的 这是由法官自行裁定的 |
[1:17:06] | Hey,Mike. | 嗨 麦克 |
[1:17:08] | Hey,Joe. | 嗨 乔 |
[1:17:10] | What’s a Spotlight reporter | 《焦点》的记者跑来 |
[1:17:11] | doing in Springfield? | 斯普林菲尔德做什么 |
[1:17:15] | Your boy Albano’s sledding uphill. | 你们的伙计阿尔巴诺想登天吗 |
[1:17:17] | You actually think you have a shot at winning this thing? | 真以为这个案子你们有机会赢 |
[1:17:19] | You want me to comment for the Herald? | 你想我给先驱报 做个评论 |
[1:17:23] | “Globe reporter would not comment, | “环球报 记者不愿评论 |
[1:17:27] | but he did not seem hopeful.” | 并且似乎也并不报希望” |
[1:17:30] | He didn’t try and hide it at all. | 他根本就没有一点隐瞒 |
[1:17:32] | He had this really odd rationalization for it. | 他对发生的一切有种莫名的合理化 |
[1:17:35] | Like it was totally normal | 就好像猥亵男孩 |
[1:17:37] | to fool around with little boys. | 是再正常不过的事了 |
[1:17:39] | I’d really like to go back. I think he’d talk to us. | 我真想再返回去 我觉得他愿意跟我们谈 |
[1:17:42] | Oh,we will. | 我们会的 |
[1:17:44] | Just not yet. | 但不是现在 |
[1:17:45] | I want you to stay focused on the victims right now. | 我想你把精力先放在受害者身上 |
[1:17:48] | Sacha,where’d they send Father Talbot again? | 萨夏 他们又把神父塔尔博特安排到哪了 |
[1:17:51] | Um,I think… Wasn’t that Cheverus? | 我记得是是舍沃罗斯吧 |
[1:17:53] | Cheverus,that’s right. | 对 舍沃罗斯 |
[1:17:54] | Wait,Father Talbot from BC High? | 等等 神父塔尔博特 波大附中的 |
[1:17:57] | Yeah,you know him? | 对 你认识他 |
[1:17:59] | Yeah,he was there when I was. | 我上学时他就在那 |
[1:18:02] | We have a victim? | 那有个受害者 |
[1:18:03] | Yeah,lives in Providence. | 是的 住在普罗维登斯 |
[1:18:09] | There’s nothing personal in these documents,Your Honor. | 法官大人 这些文件并不涉及个人隐私 |
[1:18:12] | They concern how the Cardinal is handling… | 只是涉及主教如何处理 |
[1:18:13] | Say “the archdiocese.” | 用”大主教区” |
[1:18:16] | Excuse me? | 再说一遍 |
[1:18:17] | You don’t get to tag the Cardinal | 你不能在这里 |
[1:18:19] | with everything,Mr. Albano. | 提及主教 阿尔巴诺先生 |
[1:18:21] | Say “the archdiocese.” | 要用”大主教区” |
[1:18:23] | Judge Sweeney,the Globe is not a party to this case, | 法官斯维尼 环球报 并不属于案子的任一方 |
[1:18:25] | they just want to sell papers. | 他们只是想多卖点报纸 |
[1:18:26] | If Mr. Garabedian had not smeared | 要不是加拉贝迪安先生 |
[1:18:29] | the Cardinal’s good name, | 对主教大人的诽谤 |
[1:18:31] | we wouldn’t even be here. | 我们根本就不会到这一步 |
[1:18:32] | Your Honor,I object to the use of the word “smear.” | 法官大人 我抗议使用”诽谤”一词 |
[1:18:34] | Duly noted,Mr. Garabedian. | 抗议收到 加拉贝迪安先生 |
[1:18:36] | Thank you,Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[1:18:37] | Anything else,Mr. Rogers? | 还有要补充的吗 罗杰斯先生 |
[1:18:38] | No,Your Honor. | 没了 法官大人 |
[1:18:40] | Mr. Albano,you may continue. | 阿尔巴诺先生 你可以继续了 |
[1:18:42] | The Globe believes having… | 环球报 相信 |
[1:18:45] | Hey,Mitch,how are you doing? | 嗨 米奇 最近怎么样 |
[1:18:48] | I’m fine. | 很好 |
[1:18:49] | He’s tough,that Wilson Rogers. | 威尔逊·罗杰斯挺难对付啊 |
[1:18:52] | He’s smug. | 自以为是的家伙 |
[1:18:54] | And he’s sloppy. | 也很草率 |
[1:18:56] | He doesn’t seem sloppy. | 看上去不像啊 |
[1:18:58] | You don’t know the half of it. Trust me. | 相信我 你根本连半点情况都没了解 |
[1:19:01] | What’s the half of it? | 那你说说另一半 |
[1:19:05] | Tell me the half of it,Mitch. | 跟我说来听听 米奇 |
[1:19:08] | -Off the record? -Off the record,yeah. | -不作记录 -好 不作记录 |
[1:19:14] | Three years ago,I get a call from an ex-priest. | 3年前我接到个前神父的电话 |
[1:19:16] | Anthony Benzevich. | 安东尼·本泽维奇 |
[1:19:18] | He was at Blessed Sacrament back in ’62, | 他在62年参加一次圣餐时 |
[1:19:20] | and he saw Geoghan | 见到吉欧根 |
[1:19:24] | taking little boys up to the rectory bedroom,okay? | 领着小男孩直接去了住所卧室 |
[1:19:26] | So he’s appalled,all right? | 他可是大吃一惊 |
[1:19:28] | Tells the bishop about it. | 向主教报告了此事 |
[1:19:30] | The bishop threatens to reassign him | 可主教却威胁要把他调走 |
[1:19:32] | to South America. | 调去南美 |
[1:19:34] | -Jesus. -Yeah,all right. | -天啊 -没错 |
[1:19:35] | So fast forward 35 years, | 那么再来到35年后 |
[1:19:37] | Benzevich reads that Geoghan’s been charged | 本泽维奇读到吉欧根被指控 |
[1:19:39] | with molesting hundreds of kids. | 猥亵上百名小孩时 |
[1:19:41] | All right? So he feels guilty. He calls me. | 他觉得内疚 于是就给我打了电话 |
[1:19:43] | So you have testimony of a priest | 那你有一个神父的证词 |
[1:19:45] | telling his superiors about Geoghan in ’62? | 说他在62年向上级举报过吉欧根 |
[1:19:48] | No,I do not. | 不 我没有 |
[1:19:50] | Because when I called Benzevich in to give a deposition, | 因为当我提出要本泽维奇出庭作证时 |
[1:19:53] | he comes in with a lawyer. | 他由一个律师陪同前来 |
[1:19:55] | -Wilson Rogers. -Right. | -威尔逊·罗杰斯 -对 |
[1:19:57] | And suddenly Father Benzevich | 突然间 神父本泽维奇 |
[1:19:58] | has a very foggy memory. | 记性不好起来 |
[1:19:59] | Can’t remember anything. He’s useless. | 什么都想不起来 完全没用 |
[1:20:01] | So I go back to work, | 我只好回去工作 |
[1:20:03] | I forget about it. Whatever. | 打消念头 不管了 |
[1:20:05] | Until about a year ago,I find an article | 直到一年以后 我读到篇报道 |
[1:20:07] | about a priest who warned church officials about Geoghan. | 是一个神父说自己向教会官员举报过吉欧根 |
[1:20:10] | -Benzevich went to the press? -Yeah. | -本泽维奇向媒体披露了 -是的 |
[1:20:12] | Yeah,local paper,Patriot Ledger. Nobody saw it. | 当地的报纸 爱国者纪事报 没什么人看 |
[1:20:15] | But now I got Benzevich on record. | 不过现在我有了本泽维奇的白纸黑字 |
[1:20:17] | So I file a motion to depose Benzevich a second time. | 我就去提交了动议要求本泽维奇再次出庭作证 |
[1:20:21] | All right? And Wilson Rogers, | 然而 威尔逊·罗杰斯 |
[1:20:22] | that smug son of a bitch, | 这个自以为是的混蛋 |
[1:20:24] | he files a motion opposing my motion. | 他提交了个动议去反对我的动议 |
[1:20:27] | And that’s when I have him. | 那就是我逮着他时候 |
[1:20:30] | Have him how? | 怎么逮着他了 |
[1:20:32] | Rogers opposes my motion, | 罗杰斯反对我的动议 |
[1:20:34] | so I have to make an argument | 那我就得拿出理由来 |
[1:20:35] | as to why I’m allowed to depose | 说明为什么要允许我 |
[1:20:36] | Father Benzevich a second time,okay? | 叫神父本泽维奇再次出庭作证 明白 |
[1:20:38] | But this time,I’m allowed to attach exhibits. | 不过这次允许我附带证据 |
[1:20:41] | Do you follow what I’m saying? | 你懂我说的吗 |
[1:20:43] | -The sealed documents? -Yes. | -那些被封存的文件 -对 |
[1:20:45] | I can attach the sealed documents | 我可以附带封存文件 |
[1:20:47] | that I’ve gotten in discovery,Mr. Rezendes, | 就是我发现的那些文件 雷然斯先生 |
[1:20:49] | the same documents that your paper is currently suing for. | 就是你的报纸正在法院请求的那些 |
[1:20:53] | You’re shitting me? | 你不是骗我吧 |
[1:20:54] | What? No. No,I’m not shitting you. | 什么 没有 我可没骗你 |
[1:20:56] | So I pull out the 14 most damning docs | 于是我拿出最烫手的14个文件 |
[1:20:59] | and I attach ’em to my motion. | 附带到我的动议上 |
[1:21:01] | And they prove everything. Everything. | 那些文件可以说明一切 |
[1:21:02] | About the Church,about the bishops,about Law. | 不管是教会 还是主教 还是劳 |
[1:21:05] | And it’s all public? | 而这些都是公开的 |
[1:21:07] | Because your motion to oppose Roger’s motion | 因为你提交的动议去反对罗杰斯的 |
[1:21:10] | -is public. -Yeah,exactly. | -是公开的 -说得没错 |
[1:21:12] | Now you’re paying attention. | 现在你总算跟上我的节奏了 |
[1:21:13] | So I could just walk into that courthouse right now | 那我岂不是可以马上去法院 |
[1:21:15] | and get those documents? | 调出这些文件 |
[1:21:17] | No,you cannot, | 不行 你拿不到的 |
[1:21:18] | because the documents are not there. | 因为文件根本不在那里 |
[1:21:20] | But you just said they’re public. | 可你不是刚说它们是公开的吗 |
[1:21:22] | I know I did,but this is Boston, | 我知道 可这是在波士顿 |
[1:21:25] | and the Church does not want them to be found. | 教会可不想让它们被发现 |
[1:21:28] | So they are not there. | 所以 它们不在那儿 |
[1:21:32] | Mitch,are you telling me that the Catholic Church | 米奇 你这是说天主教会 |
[1:21:35] | removed legal documents from that courthouse? | 从那个法院里拿走了法律文件 |
[1:21:38] | Look,I’m not crazy,I’m not paranoid. | 恩 我不是说疯话或编故事 |
[1:21:41] | I’m experienced. | 我可是精通业务的 |
[1:21:42] | Check the docket. You’ll see. | 去查诉讼摘录 你就明白了 |
[1:21:45] | They control everything. | 他们掌控一切 |
[1:21:50] | Everything. | 一切 |
[1:21:53] | I gotta go back in. | 我得返回去了 |
[1:21:58] | These guys got the fucking documents. | 他们真的拿走了文件啊 |
[1:22:15] | Docket entry number 49,it’s in the Geoghan case. | 诉讼摘录 49号 吉欧根案的 |
[1:22:19] | We’re closing in 10 minutes. | 还有十分钟就下班了 |
[1:22:20] | Ten minutes? All right. | 十分钟 好的 |
[1:22:51] | 詹姆斯·F·塔尔博特阁下 | |
[1:22:59] | -Robby. -Hey,it’s me. | -罗比 -嘿 是我 |
[1:23:01] | -Hey. -You’re not gonna believe it. | -嘿 -你绝对想不到 |
[1:23:02] | Garabedian gave me a tip. Some of the sealed docs are already public. | 加拉贝迪安给了我条线索 有些封存文件其实是公开了的 |
[1:23:06] | They’re part of a motion he filed. | 夹带在他提交的一个动议里 |
[1:23:08] | He said they’re the best of the bunch. | 他说是精华部分 |
[1:23:09] | We don’t have to wait for Sweeney’s ruling. | 我们不必等斯维尼的判决结果 |
[1:23:11] | So we can get them? | 那我们能拿到吗 |
[1:23:12] | Yeah,but they’re not there. | 是的 不过它们不在那里 |
[1:23:14] | Already talked to Albano. | 我已经告诉阿尔巴诺了 |
[1:23:15] | He said all we have to do is file a motion, | 他说我们只需要提交一个动议 |
[1:23:17] | and Sweeney will order Mitch to refile the docs. | 斯维尼就会下令米奇重新提交文件 |
[1:23:20] | And you think these documents are… | 而你认为这些文件就是 |
[1:23:22] | He said these 14 docs were all we need. They’re huge. | 他说我们有这14个文件就够了 它们关系重大 |
[1:23:24] | Okay. I’ll call Ben. Good work. | 好吧 我通知本 干得好 |
[1:23:45] | whether this was truly an accident | 不管这是不是一场意外 |
[1:23:47] | or someone committed an intentional act. | 还是有人故意破坏 |
[1:23:49] | But either way,extensive damage | 总之 这座建筑物 |
[1:23:50] | has been done to this building. | 都损毁严重 |
[1:23:54] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[1:23:56] | They’re saying it’s a prop plane, | 他们说是架轻型机 |
[1:23:58] | but that’s not a prop plane. | 可看上去不像 |
[1:24:03] | Tell Linda to get every reporter we have in here now. | 让琳达立刻通知我们所有的记者回来 |
[1:24:08] | You pray for the victims, | 我们为逝者祈祷 |
[1:24:09] | you pray for the injured, | 为伤者祈祷 |
[1:24:13] | and you pray for those who survived. | 为那些幸存者祈祷 |
[1:24:16] | You pray,too,for the nation. | 也为这个国家祈祷 |
[1:24:21] | That our response to this might reflect the best ideals of our nation. | 我们对此的应对或许会映衬出这个国家的最佳理念 |
[1:24:28] | And even more,reflect God’s own teaching. | 甚至能映衬出天主的淳淳教导 |
[1:24:31] | Not only as it’s shown in Christianity and Judaism, | 不仅反映出基督教的精神和犹太教的 |
[1:24:36] | but in Islam as well. | 也包括伊斯兰教的 |
[1:24:38] | -Not bad. Who’s there? -Paulson. | -讲的不错 谁在现场 -保尔森 |
[1:24:41] | I wanna talk to him when he’s back. | 他回来后我要跟他谈谈 |
[1:24:43] | Did Rezendes find a way to get to Florida yet? | 雷然斯找到办法去佛罗里达吗 |
[1:24:45] | They just opened the airport in Providence. | 他们刚开放普罗维登斯的机场 |
[1:24:46] | He’s on his way there now. | 他现在正赶往那里 |
[1:24:48] | Ben,I’m gonna need more people on Massport. | 本 我需要多点人去马萨诸塞州港务局 |
[1:24:50] | I’ll give you three of my guys. | 我从我这里调3个给你 |
[1:24:51] | -Robby,put your team on that,too. -Got it. | -罗比 安排你的人也过去 -好的 |
[1:24:53] | And Robby,everything else stops. | 还有 罗比 暂停其他一切工作 |
[1:24:55] | Understood. | 明白 |
[1:24:56] | Why’s Mike going to Florida? | 麦克去佛罗里达干嘛 |
[1:24:58] | Flight school. It’s where they learned to fly. | 飞行学校 他们在那学的开飞机 |
[1:25:01] | Robby,I’ve got a lot of victim interviews set up this week. | 罗比 我这周定下了不少受害者的采访 |
[1:25:04] | We have to cancel ’em. | 我们得取消了 |
[1:25:05] | -That’s gonna be hard. -I know. | -那会很麻烦 -我明白 |
[1:25:06] | This is nuts. Two days ago I told my wife | 这太疯狂了 两天前我才跟老婆说 |
[1:25:09] | we gotta be working the biggest story on the planet. | 我们在做一个全球性的重大报道 |
[1:25:11] | Boston Globe. | 波士顿环球报 |
[1:25:12] | Boston Globe. One moment,please. | 波士顿环球报 请稍等 |
[1:25:14] | Yes,if you have a tip,I will transfer you down to Metro. | 是的 如果你有线索的话 我就把你转去都市版 |
[1:25:19] | Mitchell Garabedian. | 米奇·加拉贝迪安 |
[1:25:20] | Mitch,it’s Mike,I’ve been trying to reach you. | 米奇 是我麦克 我一直在打给你 |
[1:25:21] | I don’t have time to talk to you,Mr. Rezendes. | 我现在没时间跟你谈 雷然斯先生 |
[1:25:23] | Hey,just quickly,did you refile those docs yet? | 嘿 就说两句 你有重新提交那些文件吗 |
[1:25:26] | No,I just got the order. It takes time. | 没 我才收到法院指令 还需要些时间 |
[1:25:28] | Okay,great. Can you hold off on refiling them? | 那太好了 你能缓一缓再发吗 |
[1:25:30] | -Hold off? -I have to go to Florida. | -缓一缓 -我得去趟佛罗里达 |
[1:25:31] | Once you refile they’re public. | 你一提交 它们就成公开的了 |
[1:25:33] | Other newspapers will be able to get a hold of ’em. | 其他报纸可能会抢先一步拿到手 |
[1:25:35] | Other newspapers are not my concern. I received a judicial order. | 我现在没心思管其他报纸 我刚收到一份裁决令 |
[1:25:39] | I told you the Church is watching me. | 我跟你说过教会在盯着我 |
[1:25:41] | Oh,hey,Mitch,please. All I need’s a few more weeks. | 嘿 米奇 求你了 我只需要你宽限我几周时间 |
[1:25:45] | I can’t make any promises. Goodbye. | 我作不了什么承诺 再见 |
[1:25:47] | Mitch? Mitch! Shit! | 米奇 米奇 靠 |
[1:25:51] | Shit. | 我靠 |
[1:26:01] | Look,I get it,no one wants to read | 我明白 没人关心 |
[1:26:03] | about kids getting raped by priests. | 神父强奸小孩的事 |
[1:26:05] | Especially now. | 特别是现在 |
[1:26:06] | But you asked a lot of people to relive | 可是你让很多人又回想起 |
[1:26:07] | some very painful experiences, | 那些痛苦的遭遇 |
[1:26:09] | and you just disappear. | 然后就拍屁股走人 |
[1:26:10] | Phil,you know why we were taken off of the story. | 你知道我们脱不开身的原因 |
[1:26:12] | It’s been six weeks since 9/11. | 可9/11已经过去6周了 |
[1:26:14] | I realize that and we’re gonna get back to it. | 我明白 我们会重回正轨的 |
[1:26:16] | When? | 什么时候 |
[1:26:19] | You’re doing the same thing you guys did last time. | 你们现在就和上回一样 |
[1:26:21] | -No. -You’re dropping us. | -不会的 -你们又辜负了我们 |
[1:26:22] | -No. -Maybe I should tell the Herald that story. | -没有 -或许我应该去找先驱报 |
[1:26:25] | Okay,Phil,you go ahead and do that. | 好吧 菲尔 你就那样做 |
[1:26:28] | It will undo all the work we’ve done,but I can’t stop you. | 让我们的心血毁于一旦 不过我管不了你 |
[1:26:34] | Listen to me. I am here because I care. | 听我说 因为我在乎才会来这的 |
[1:26:39] | We’re not going away. | 我们不会放弃 |
[1:26:41] | We’re gonna tell this story,we’re gonna tell it right. | 我们一定会报道这个故事 并且准确无误 |
[1:26:43] | We just need a little more time. That’s all we’re asking for. | 我们只是需要多一点时间 只有这个要求了 |
[1:26:49] | Why bother asking? | 还需要提什么要求 |
[1:26:52] | You’re gonna do what you want anyway. | 反正你们会做自己想做的事 |
[1:26:55] | You always do. | 你们总是如此 |
[1:26:57] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[1:26:59] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[1:27:06] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:27:08] | How’s South Beach? | 南滩好玩吗 |
[1:27:09] | Boynton Beach. Remarkably different place. | 是博因顿海滩 完全不同的地方 |
[1:27:12] | What’s up? | 有什么事 |
[1:27:13] | Mitch Garabedian called me today. | 米奇·加拉贝迪安今天给我打了电话 |
[1:27:16] | -Why’d he call you? -‘Cause he knew you’d yell at him. | -他为什么打给你 -因为怕你又吼他 |
[1:27:18] | He refiled the docs. | 他重新提交了文件 |
[1:27:20] | What? | 不是吧 |
[1:27:21] | Robby,those docs are public now. | 罗比 现在这些文件就公开了 |
[1:27:23] | We gotta get there before anyone else does. | 我们必须抢先一步拿到它们 |
[1:27:24] | I know. I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[1:27:26] | Just wrap up whatever you’re doing | 你赶紧把那边的事收拾完 |
[1:27:28] | and get the first flight out. | 订最早的一班飞机 |
[1:27:29] | I’ll book a flight now and go straight to the courthouse tomorrow. | 我现在就订机票 明天直接去法院 |
[1:27:31] | -All right. Call me when you get in. -Okay. | -好 到了给我电话 -好的 |
[1:27:35] | Robby,I’d like to let Phil Saviano know that we’re back on it. | 罗比 我想通知菲尔·萨维亚诺我们又重回正轨了 |
[1:27:39] | Good idea. | 想得周到 |
[1:27:40] | Go have dinner with Hansi. | 和汉西出去吃个饭吧 |
[1:27:42] | Might be the last time for a while. | 下面忙起来可能就没机会了 |
[1:27:49] | Robby,after we saw Macleish, | 罗比 我们上次见了麦克利什后 |
[1:27:52] | I started going back through the clips, | 我又回去查阅剪报 |
[1:27:54] | and I had a little time last week finally. | 上周终于抽得出空来 |
[1:27:56] | So,um,I found that. | 我找到了这个 |
[1:28:00] | It’s from ’93. | 是93年的 |
[1:28:04] | 波特案受害者的律师声称 | |
[1:28:05] | 本地还有20名神父也受到指控 | |
[1:28:11] | That it? | 就这些 |
[1:28:15] | Yeah. Yeah,that’s it. | 是的 就这些 |
[1:28:20] | Good night. | 再见 |
[1:28:22] | Okay,good night. | 好的 再见 |
[1:29:03] | So,I was probably a few years after you,right? | 那我可能要比你小几届 是吧 |
[1:29:05] | No,you were more than a few. | 不 你可不只是小几届 |
[1:29:07] | Believe me. | 我打包票 |
[1:29:09] | Well,after BC High,I came down to Providence | 从波大附中毕业后 我就来到了普罗维登斯 |
[1:29:13] | and played hockey for the Friars. | 加入了修道士冰球队 |
[1:29:15] | Oh,well,you must have been pretty good. | 噢 那你一定打得很好吧 |
[1:29:17] | No. Rode the bench in college. Yeah. Oh. | 没有 大学里基本坐冷板凳 |
[1:29:20] | But I loved the city. | 不过我热爱这座城市 |
[1:29:22] | Oh. And we just had our third kid. | 最近还有了第三个孩子 |
[1:29:24] | And I still get my Globe,for the record. | 可我仍然订阅环球报 哦 |
[1:29:26] | Oh,that’s good to know. Good to know. | 很高兴知道 很高兴 |
[1:29:29] | Look,Kevin,uh,that’s actually why I’m here. | 凯文啊 其实我来这另有原因 |
[1:29:35] | I need to ask you some questions about Father Talbot. | 我想问你一些神父塔尔博特的问题 |
[1:29:46] | How’d you find out? | 你怎么知道的 |
[1:29:49] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[1:29:51] | I guess it doesn’t matter. | 我想那并不重要 |
[1:29:58] | And I never even told my wife. | 我连我老婆都没说过 |
[1:30:03] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:30:10] | Hey,hey,hey,hey,hey,hey! I need to get in there. | 嘿 嘿 我得进去 |
[1:30:12] | -We’re closed. -Come on,let me in. Five minutes. | -我们下班了 -就让我进去5分钟 好吗 |
[1:30:13] | I’m sorry,we’re closed. | 抱歉 我们下班了 |
[1:30:15] | Come on. Five minutes. | 求你了 就五分钟 |
[1:30:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:30:31] | Here. | 给你 |
[1:30:36] | -This is the Geoghan case? -That’s right. | -这是吉欧根案的 -是的 |
[1:30:39] | -Those records are sealed. -No. | -这些记录都封存了 -没有 |
[1:30:40] | That’s a public motion. Those records are public. | 那个动议是公开的 里面的记录都是公开的 |
[1:30:43] | Look,I work for the Globe. | 我是环球报 的好吧 |
[1:30:45] | Good for you. | 不错啊 |
[1:30:49] | Can I talk to your supervisor? | 我能和你的上司谈谈吗 |
[1:30:50] | He’s not in today. | 他今天没来 |
[1:30:52] | What about a judge? | 那法官呢 |
[1:30:53] | There must be judges that work on this kind of thing. | 肯定有法官处理这类事情吧 |
[1:30:56] | Sixth floor. | 在6楼 |
[1:31:04] | We understand the nature of the allegations against Father Talbot. | 我们明白 对神父塔尔博特指控的性质 |
[1:31:08] | I’m just not sure what you want from President Kemeza. | 我只是不清楚 你们需要校长柯枚哲做些什么 |
[1:31:12] | Talbot taught here long before Bill took over. | 比尔上任时 塔尔博特早就离开了 |
[1:31:14] | Mmm. Of course. We just want to know | 的确如此 我们只是想确认 |
[1:31:16] | if it’s possible that the president, | 有没有这种可能 当时的校长 |
[1:31:18] | the faculty,the board, | 职员还有董事会 |
[1:31:20] | that no one knew what was going on at the time. | 所有人都被蒙在鼓里 |
[1:31:22] | I graduated in 1979,and I had no idea about any of this. | 我1979年毕业的 完全不知道发生过这种事 |
[1:31:26] | So if you’re suggesting that Father Gibbons and Father Callahan | 如果你想暗示神父吉本斯和神父卡拉汉 |
[1:31:29] | had in any way… | 可能知道 |
[1:31:30] | Gibbons and Callahan… | 吉本斯和卡拉汉 |
[1:31:32] | I mean,they ran this place like the navy. | 把这地方管理得就像军队一样啊 |
[1:31:34] | Do you really think they didn’t know? | 你真的认为他们会不知情 |
[1:31:37] | It’s a big school,Robby. You know that. | 你也清楚 罗比 这么大个学校 |
[1:31:40] | And we’re talking about seven alleged victims | 我们现在谈论的是有七名受害者 |
[1:31:43] | over,what,eight years. | 在多长 8年时间里 |
[1:31:44] | We’re talking about seven that we know about. | 7名受害者是我们目前知道的 |
[1:31:48] | This is ridiculous. | 这真的很荒唐 |
[1:31:50] | You’re reaching for a story here. We cannot possibly… | 你们想在这找故事 我们不可能 |
[1:31:52] | Jack. Jack. Jack. If I had been president then, | 杰克 杰克 如果当时我是校长 |
[1:31:55] | I would’ve known. | 我肯定知道 |
[1:31:57] | Bill,I’m not sure that’s relevant. | 比尔 我不确定那是什么意思 |
[1:31:59] | Why do you think they sent Talbot up to Cheverus? | 你想想他们为什么要把塔尔博特调到舍沃罗斯 |
[1:32:02] | You know they wanted him out of town. | 你知道吗 他们想把他调的远远的 |
[1:32:06] | Robby,as well intentioned as Bill’s remarks are, | 罗比 比尔的言论是出于一番好意 |
[1:32:09] | I’m hoping we can keep this between us | 我希望在达成一致前 |
[1:32:12] | until we all get on the same page. | 我们先别对外公布 |
[1:32:17] | Is that why we’re here,to get on the same page? | 我们来这的原因不就是要达成一致吗 |
[1:32:19] | No,we’re here because you’re an important alumnus,Robby, | 不是的 罗比 我们见面是考虑到你是名重要的校友 |
[1:32:22] | and a friend. | 和朋友 |
[1:32:23] | Exactly,and we know you care about this school as much as we do. | 就是这样 我们知道你和我们一样对这所学校十分关心 |
[1:32:28] | Did you play a sport here,Jack? | 杰克 你在这有参加体育项目吗 |
[1:32:31] | Yeah. Football. Why? | 有啊 是橄榄球队的 问这个干嘛 |
[1:32:33] | Mmm. I ran track. | 我是田径队的 |
[1:32:35] | You know,I went to Providence yesterday | 我昨天去了普罗维登斯一趟 |
[1:32:37] | to talk to one of Father Talbot’s victims. | 同塔尔博特的受害者之一谈了谈 |
[1:32:39] | He played hockey here. | 他在这是冰球队的 |
[1:32:41] | And,uh,he’s one of the better ones. | 他属于境况较好的一个 |
[1:32:43] | He’s got a wife,kids,good job. | 有老婆和孩子 工作也不错 |
[1:32:48] | About 10 minutes into the conversation, | 可谈了十分钟后 |
[1:32:52] | the guy breaks down. | 整个人就崩溃了 |
[1:32:53] | You know,couldn’t stop crying. | 止不住的泪水啊 |
[1:32:57] | Said he could never figure out why Father Talbot picked him. | 他说一直都想不明白为何神父塔尔博特会对他下手 |
[1:33:02] | Father Talbot coached the hockey team. | 神父塔尔博特当过冰球队的教练 |
[1:33:07] | So, | 所以 |
[1:33:10] | I guess we just got lucky. | 我想我们只是幸运而已 |
[1:33:12] | You and me. | 你和我都是 |
[1:33:20] | Does Jack Dunn work for the school? | 杰克·邓恩在这所学校工作吗 |
[1:33:22] | No,he’s PR for Boston College. | 没 他只是给波大做些公关工作 |
[1:33:24] | They call him when they need help. | 学校需要时就会找他 |
[1:33:26] | And Pete Conley? Why was he there? | 那皮特·康利呢 为什么他也在 |
[1:33:28] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[1:33:29] | Pete’s a big alum,but I called Bill directly, | 皮特是个重要的校友 不过我直接联系的比尔 |
[1:33:31] | and I asked for a sit-down. | 请求跟他会面 |
[1:33:33] | I never mentioned anybody else. | 我没说要见其他人 |
[1:33:36] | It’s like everybody already knows the story. | 感觉这事好像众人皆知 |
[1:33:38] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[1:33:39] | Except us. And we work right there. | 除了我们 我们还在这工作 |
[1:33:45] | -Judge Volterra? -Yes. | -法官沃尔泰拉 -是的 |
[1:33:47] | Hi,I’m Mike Rezendes from The Boston Globe. | 你好 我是麦克·雷斯然 波士顿环球报的 |
[1:33:50] | Um,I’m having some trouble | 我在楼下的 |
[1:33:51] | accessing some public records | 档案室没法调取 |
[1:33:52] | down in the records room. | 一些公开文件 |
[1:33:53] | I was wondering if I could have a word with you? | 我想能不能跟你谈谈 |
[1:33:56] | -All right. -Thank you. | -没问题 -谢谢 |
[1:34:00] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:34:03] | These exhibits you’re after,Mr. Rezendes, | 雷然斯先生 你要的这些证据 |
[1:34:07] | they’re very sensitive records. | 都是十分敏感的档案 |
[1:34:09] | With all due respect,Your Honor, | 法官大人 我冒昧说一句 |
[1:34:11] | that’s not the question. | 那并不能构成借口 |
[1:34:13] | The records are public. | 这些档案都是公开的 |
[1:34:15] | Maybe so,but tell me, | 那也许没错 不过你告诉我 |
[1:34:18] | where’s the editorial responsibility | 公布这种性质的档案 |
[1:34:20] | in publishing records of this nature? | 还有编辑责任感吗 |
[1:34:22] | Well,where’s the editorial responsibility in not publishing them? | 那如果不公布的话 还有编辑责任感吗 |
[1:34:36] | You can’t take those. You need to make copies. | 你不能带走 只能复印 |
[1:34:39] | I’m going to the copy room. | 我就是去复印室 |
[1:34:40] | It closed at 4:00. | 下午4点就关门了 |
[1:34:47] | Look,I’ll give you | 这样吧 我给你 |
[1:34:51] | 83 bucks to use yours. | 83块用下你的 |
[1:34:58] | Hey,cabbie! | 嘿 出租车 |
[1:35:01] | Hey! Hey! Hey! | 嘿 嘿 |
[1:35:07] | Take me to The Boston Globe on Morrissey Boulevard. | 去波士顿环球报 在莫里西大街 |
[1:35:09] | Don’t take 93. Take Dorchester Avenue. | 别走93号 直接走多尔切斯特大道 |
[1:35:14] | Robby,it’s incredible! | 罗比 太不可思议了 |
[1:35:16] | Law knew about Geoghan for years,no question. | 劳多年前就知道吉欧根的事了 证据确凿 |
[1:35:19] | There’s a letter to Law from a woman Margaret Gallant, | 这封信是一位叫玛格利特·加伦特的女人寄给劳的 |
[1:35:22] | who lived in Jamaica Plain in the early ’80s when Geoghan was there. | 她80年代住在牙买加平原 吉欧根当时就在那 |
[1:35:25] | Listen to this, | 请仔细听 |
[1:35:27] | “Our family is rooted in the Church, | 我们全家扎根于教会 |
[1:35:29] | “our desire is to protect the Holy Orders, | 我们渴望维护神圣秩序 |
[1:35:32] | “even in the midst of our agony | 哪怕是我们承受着 |
[1:35:34] | “over the seven boys in our family | 家里7个儿子被侵犯的 |
[1:35:36] | “who have been violated.” | 痛苦折磨 |
[1:35:38] | Seven,Robby. Seven boys. | 7个 罗比 7个男孩 |
[1:35:40] | “It was suggested we keep silent. | 我们被要求保持缄默 |
[1:35:43] | “We did not question the authority of the Church two years ago, | 我们2年前并未质疑教会的指令 |
[1:35:46] | “but since Father Geoghan is still in his parish…” | 可神父吉欧根仍然继续在堂区从业 |
[1:35:49] | But she sent it to Law,and Law did shit. | 她向劳求助 可劳置若罔闻 |
[1:35:53] | Here’s another one to Law,same year. Listen to this, | 这是同年另一封寄给劳的信 听好了 |
[1:35:57] | “A word on the recent assignment of Father Geoghan | 最近听说神父约翰吉欧根 |
[1:35:59] | “as an associate at St. Julia’s in Weston. | 被安排到韦斯顿的圣朱利安 |
[1:36:02] | “Father Geoghan has a history of homosexual involvement with young boys. | 神父吉欧根一直以来都和小男孩有同性行为 |
[1:36:07] | “I understand his recent departure from St. Brendan’s | 我觉得他最近从圣布伦丹调出 |
[1:36:09] | “may be related to this problem. | 或与此有关 |
[1:36:11] | “I wonder if Father Geoghan should not be reduced to just weekend work | 我觉得神父吉欧根在接受相应治疗期间 |
[1:36:14] | “while receiving some kind of therapy. | 周末工作都不应安排给他 |
[1:36:17] | “You know how grateful I am to you for your constant concern. | 你知道我对你一直以来的关照心存感激 |
[1:36:19] | “Sincerely yours in our Lord, | 天主在上 谨致问候 |
[1:36:21] | “Most Reverend John M. Darcy,Auxiliary Bishop of Boston. | 约翰·M·达西 波士顿辅理主教 |
[1:36:25] | “December 7,1984.” | 1984年12月7日 |
[1:36:26] | An auxiliary bishop wrote that? | 是个辅理主教写的 |
[1:36:28] | That’s incredible. | 太惊人了 |
[1:36:30] | He broke ranks. | 他打破常规了 |
[1:36:31] | I mean,when did Gallant write her letter? | 加伦特是什么时候写的信 |
[1:36:33] | -1984. -And Law just ignored it. | 1984年 -而劳置之不理 |
[1:36:35] | How do you ignore that freakin’ letter? | 你怎么能对这样的信置之不理 |
[1:36:37] | We got ’em. | 总算逮到他们了 |
[1:36:39] | You can’t read these letters and think anything else. It’s proof. | 你不可能读了这些信还继续装傻 这是铁证 |
[1:36:42] | Yeah. It is. | 说的没错 |
[1:36:44] | This is good work. | 干的太好了 |
[1:36:46] | Should we take it up to Ben? | 我们该去跟本说吗 |
[1:36:50] | No. Not yet. | 不 还不是时候 |
[1:36:52] | Why not? We got Law. This is it. | 为什么不 我们逮到劳了 一清二楚 |
[1:36:56] | No,this is Law covering for one priest. | 不是 这只是劳包庇一个神父 |
[1:36:58] | There’s another 90 out there. | 还需要其他90名的 |
[1:36:59] | Yeah,and we’ll print that story when we get it, | 是的 那要等我们集齐后才能报道 |
[1:37:01] | but we gotta go with this now. | 可我们现在就得报道这个 |
[1:37:03] | No,I’m not going to rush this story,Mike. | 不行 麦克 我不会急于就这样报道 |
[1:37:05] | We don’t have a choice,Robby. | 可我们别无选择 罗比 |
[1:37:06] | If we don’t rush to print, | 我们不抢先报道的话 |
[1:37:08] | somebody else is gonna find these letters and butcher the story. | 让其他人发现这些信 会搞砸这一切 |
[1:37:10] | Joe Quimby from the Herald | 先驱报 的乔·昆比 |
[1:37:12] | was at the freakin’ courthouse. | 那天就TMD在法院 |
[1:37:13] | So we’ll write a holding story, | 那我们写篇报道先不发 |
[1:37:15] | and we’ll keep our eye on the Herald. | 然后观察先驱报 的动向 |
[1:37:16] | Keep our eye on the Herald? | 观察先驱报 的动向 |
[1:37:18] | They run this and they get it wrong,the Church will bury it. | 如果他们报道了 并且不痛不痒 教会又可以掩盖一切 |
[1:37:20] | -We gotta do this now. -Mike,Mike… | -我们得马上行动 -麦克 麦克 |
[1:37:22] | What? Why are we hesitating? | 干嘛 为什么我们要犹豫不决 |
[1:37:25] | Baron told us to get Law. This is Law. | 巴伦说去揭批劳 这不是劳吗 |
[1:37:27] | Baron told us to get the system. | 巴伦说的是揭批这个体系 |
[1:37:29] | We need the full scope. | 我们得一个不拉 |
[1:37:31] | That’s the only thing that will put an end to this. | 那样我们才能改变一切 |
[1:37:33] | Then let’s take it up to Ben,let him decide. | 那我们告诉本 让他来定夺 |
[1:37:35] | We’ll take it to Ben when I say it’s time. | 我来决定什么时候告诉本 |
[1:37:37] | It’s time,Robby. It’s time! | 是时候了 罗比 就是现在 |
[1:37:41] | They knew and they let it happen. To kids! | 他们早就知情 却纵容发生在这些孩子身上的事 |
[1:37:45] | Okay? It could’ve been you! It could’ve been me! | 那可能发生在你身上 也可能发生在我身上 |
[1:37:48] | It could have been any of us! | 那可能发生在任何人身上 |
[1:37:51] | We gotta nail these scumbags! | 我们得揭露这些人渣 |
[1:37:52] | We gotta show people that nobody can get away with this! | 我们得让大家知道没人可以逍遥法外 |
[1:37:55] | Not a priest or a Cardinal or a freaking Pope! | 不管是神父 还是主教 哪怕是TMD的教皇 |
[1:38:02] | You finished? | 你说完了 |
[1:38:04] | Yeah,I am. This is bullshit. | 我说完了 这太让人失望了 |
[1:38:36] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[1:38:40] | Mmm… | 没事 |
[1:38:48] | Hey,Hansi. | 嗨 汉西 |
[1:38:50] | Hard day at work,Mike? | 工作不顺心 麦克 |
[1:38:56] | -Here. -Thank you. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[1:38:59] | I don’t know why I got so pissed off. | 我也不清楚为什么会大发雷霆 |
[1:39:01] | You know,I think Robby’s wrong. | 就觉得罗比选择有误 |
[1:39:03] | You know,you’re just… | 我觉得你只是 |
[1:39:05] | You care about the story,Mike. We all do. | 太在乎这个故事 麦克 我们都一样的 |
[1:39:08] | Yeah,I guess | 我想你说的对吧 |
[1:39:13] | I stopped going to church with my Nana. | 我已经不陪奶奶去教堂了 |
[1:39:17] | It was… It was too hard. | 那让人难以接受 |
[1:39:20] | You know,I’d be sitting there, | 我坐在那就会 |
[1:39:22] | and I’d start thinking about Joe Crowley | 就会想到乔·克罗利 |
[1:39:24] | or someone else and I just… | 或其他的神父 然后 |
[1:39:27] | I just got so angry. | 我就怒不可遏 |
[1:39:29] | Did you tell her why? | 你有告诉她原因吗 |
[1:39:32] | She goes to church three times a week,Mike. | 她一周要去教堂3次 麦克 |
[1:39:40] | It really pisses me off. | 这让我太不爽了 |
[1:39:43] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[1:39:46] | I actually really liked going to church when I was a little kid. | 我小时候真的很喜欢去教堂 |
[1:39:51] | Why’d you stop? | 你为什么放弃了 |
[1:39:53] | Typical shit. | 和其他人一样 |
[1:39:56] | But the weird thing is, | 可古怪的是 |
[1:40:01] | I think I… | 我就想 |
[1:40:04] | I think I figured that maybe one day… | 我就想着也许有一天 |
[1:40:08] | I would actually go back. | 我还会回去的 |
[1:40:12] | I was really… I was holding on to that. | 我真的 一直保有一丝希望 |
[1:40:17] | I read those letters,and… | 可看了那些信后 |
[1:40:21] | And something just cracked. | 心里面什么就瓦解了 |
[1:40:26] | -It’s a shitty feeling. -Yeah. | -这感觉很糟糕 -是的 |
[1:40:29] | It’s a shitty feeling. | 这感觉很糟 |
[1:40:35] | Looks like a long day. | 你忙了一天吧 |
[1:40:37] | -Hey,Pete. -I’m sorry to make it longer. | -嗨 皮特 -抱歉让你久等了 |
[1:40:39] | Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[1:40:42] | Has anyone ever said no to a drink with you,Pete? | 你请喝酒有人敢拒绝吗 皮特 |
[1:40:45] | Well,sure. But the trick is to keep asking. | 当然有啊 不过诀窍是死缠烂打 |
[1:40:49] | For Boston. | 敬波士顿 |
[1:40:50] | Boston. | 敬波士顿 |
[1:40:54] | So,you here for the Cardinal? | 那么 你是为主教的事而来 |
[1:40:58] | Oh,no,no,no,no. I wouldn’t… | 不 不是 我哪敢啊 |
[1:41:00] | I wouldn’t presume to speak for the Cardinal. No. | 我可不认为自己能代表主教 好吗 |
[1:41:04] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[1:41:06] | you got a lot of people here who respect you,Robby, | 罗比 你在这里可是备受尊敬啊 |
[1:41:08] | the work you do. | 你干的工作 |
[1:41:11] | That’s good to know. | 很高兴知道 |
[1:41:12] | You know,it’s because you care about this place. | 那是因为你关心这个地方 |
[1:41:14] | It’s why you do what you do. It’s who you are. | 那是因为你的坚持不懈和真性情 |
[1:41:17] | You know,but people need the Church, | 可现在人们比往常 |
[1:41:21] | more than ever right now. | 更需要教会 |
[1:41:23] | You know,you can feel it. | 你自己应该也能感受到 |
[1:41:25] | And the Cardinal… | 而主教大人 |
[1:41:28] | You know,the Cardinal,he might not be perfect, | 这么说吧 主教大人也许并不完美 |
[1:41:32] | but we can’t throw out all the good | 可是我们不能因为几个人渣 |
[1:41:33] | he’s doing over a few bad apples. | 就要否定他所做的一切 |
[1:41:37] | Now,you know,I’m bringing this up to you | 我现在跟你说这些 |
[1:41:39] | because I know this is Baron’s idea,his agenda. | 是因为我知道这一切都是巴伦的主意和个人野心 |
[1:41:43] | I gotta tell ya,I mean,honest to God, | 我跟你实话实说吧 |
[1:41:45] | I mean,he doesn’t care about this city the way we do. | 他根本不像我们那样在乎这座城市 |
[1:41:48] | I mean,how could he? | 想想吧 他会吗 |
[1:41:56] | -This is how it happens,isn’t it,Pete? -What’s that? | -这就是这里的潜规则吧 皮特 -什么 |
[1:42:00] | A guy leans on a guy, | 人们私下交易 |
[1:42:01] | and suddenly the whole town | 突然间整座城市 |
[1:42:03] | just looks the other way. | 就置若罔闻 |
[1:42:07] | Robby. Robby,look it, | 罗比 罗比 听我说 |
[1:42:11] | Marty Baron is just trying to make his mark. | 马蒂·巴伦只是想自己出名 |
[1:42:14] | He’s gonna be here for a couple of years,and he’s gonna move on. | 他待上个几年就会离开 去别处高就 |
[1:42:17] | Just like he did in New York and Miami. | 就像他在纽约和迈阿密时 |
[1:42:21] | Where’re you gonna go? | 你还能往哪走 |
[1:42:28] | Good night,Robby. Brian. | 再见 罗比 布莱恩 |
[1:42:32] | -Hey,Pete. -Yeah? | -嘿 皮特 -恩 |
[1:42:36] | When we do run the story,uh,I’m gonna need a comment from the Cardinal. | 当我们决定发表时 我需要主教的评论 |
[1:42:43] | We’ll talk again later. Good night,Robby. | 我们以后再谈 再见 罗比 |
[1:42:45] | Good night,Pete. | 再见 皮特 |
[1:42:57] | Robby. | 罗比 |
[1:43:00] | What? | 什么 |
[1:43:02] | No shit. When? | 不是吧 什么时候 |
[1:43:06] | Okay. Yeah. | 好 好的 |
[1:43:11] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:43:13] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[1:43:16] | Sweeney ruled in our favor. | 斯维尼判我们获胜 |
[1:43:18] | She ruled to unseal the documents. | 她下令解封文件 |
[1:43:22] | Jeez! | 天啊 |
[1:43:27] | The Church has already filed an appeal, | 教会已经提出上诉 |
[1:43:29] | but the trial court ruling is generally upheld in these matters. | 不过预审法庭的判决通常情况下都会维持 |
[1:43:32] | And when would we get the documents? | 那多久我们可以拿到文件 |
[1:43:35] | Probably takes Cohen a few weeks to rule, | 可能需要几周时间等科恩的判决 |
[1:43:38] | then there’s a redaction process. | 然后就是些审查工作 |
[1:43:40] | Uh,I’d say they’d be made public mid-January. | 我估计可能明年1月中旬吧 |
[1:43:44] | -Okay. -All right. | -那好 -好的 |
[1:43:45] | -Thanks,Jon. -You bet. | -谢谢 约翰 -不客气 |
[1:43:46] | -Nice work. -Thanks. | -干得好 -谢谢 |
[1:43:48] | Metro should run something,Marty. | 都市版块也应该做个报道 马蒂 |
[1:43:50] | We can’t run this one big. | 我们不能报道这则消息 |
[1:43:52] | Why wouldn’t we? It’s a major First Amendment victory. | 为什么不 这可是言论自由的重大胜利 |
[1:43:55] | Not to mention,you get | 更不用说还是个 |
[1:43:56] | an Irish Catholic judge | 爱尔兰裔天主教徒的法官 |
[1:43:58] | ruling against the Church? | 判决教会失利 |
[1:43:59] | That’s a hell of a precedent. | 这可是前所未有啊 |
[1:44:02] | We don’t want the Herald going deep on this. | 我们不能让先驱报 嗅出眉目 |
[1:44:04] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[1:44:08] | You’re gonna have to step out,Peter. | 皮特 你得回避下了 |
[1:44:10] | I’m not stepping out. | 我才不要离开 |
[1:44:20] | Peter. | 皮特 |
[1:44:35] | -When did you,uh… -A couple of weeks ago. | -你什么时候 -几周前的事 |
[1:44:37] | A couple of weeks? | 几周前 |
[1:44:39] | -Yeah. -And you’re telling us now? | -对 -那你现在才告诉我们 |
[1:44:41] | These are substantial. | 这些是重要材料 |
[1:44:44] | They clearly show that Law was negligent. | 清楚表明劳的失察渎职 |
[1:44:47] | I need more time. I wanna keep digging. | 我需要多点时间 我想再挖深点 |
[1:44:49] | For what? This is the goddamn story. | 还要挖什么 不是全都在这了 |
[1:44:51] | It’s not the whole story. | 这不是整个故事 |
[1:44:52] | Tough shit. We’re on a clock now. | 难办啊 我们时间不多了 |
[1:44:54] | Even if we don’t run Sweeney’s ruling, | 即使我们不需要等斯维尼的判决 |
[1:44:56] | another paper could find these letters and fuck the story. | 其他报纸也有可能发现这些然后搞砸一切 |
[1:44:58] | Agreed. | 我同意 |
[1:44:59] | But we run these letters alone, | 可我们只公布这些信件 |
[1:45:00] | Law apologizes,says it’s a one-time thing. | 然后劳出来道歉 说这只是孤立事件 |
[1:45:03] | He can bury it. | 他又可以继续掩盖 |
[1:45:04] | How? These clearly show he knew and did nothing about it. | 怎么能 这些信件清楚表明他早就知情却置之不理 |
[1:45:07] | Look,I’m close to stories on 70 priests. | 我要做成70名神父的报道 |
[1:45:10] | We nail that,along with those letters, | 我们搞定那些的话 再加上这些信件 |
[1:45:13] | this is proof this is bigger than Law. | 比起只报道劳 这保证更有份量 |
[1:45:17] | It’s the whole system. | 这是整个体系 |
[1:45:19] | You have multiple sources confirming all those priests? | 你有多名线人可以指证这些神父 |
[1:45:22] | On some. I can get more. | 有一些 我还可以找到更多 |
[1:45:24] | Too risky. If we’re not buttoned up on every single one of them, | 风险太大 如果我们不能把每一个都做实 |
[1:45:27] | the Church will pick us apart. | 教会肯定会反戈一击 |
[1:45:31] | I think I can get us someone | 我想我可以拉拢 |
[1:45:32] | from the other side of the aisle. | 一个对方的人 |
[1:45:33] | Somebody inside the Church? | 教会里的人 |
[1:45:36] | Yeah,a lawyer. | 恩 一名律师 |
[1:45:38] | Will he go on the record? | 他肯提供证词吗 |
[1:45:39] | Deep background. But he’s a solid source. | 牵扯很深 不过是可靠的来源 |
[1:45:46] | Rezendes needs time to write the story. | 雷然斯需要时间去写报道 |
[1:45:48] | We don’t wanna drop it at Christmas,not after 9/11. | 我们可不想在圣诞节发表 因为9/11这事 |
[1:45:52] | We could run it just after New Year’s, | 不过新年之后是没有问题的 |
[1:45:55] | before they release the rest of the documents. | 在法院解封其他的文件之前 |
[1:46:01] | All right. | 那好 |
[1:46:03] | Tell Canellos to bury the ruling in Metro. | 让卡内洛斯别在都市版块发表判决结果 |
[1:46:07] | You got six weeks. | 你还有6周时间 |
[1:46:09] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[1:46:11] | Tell Mike I want a draft by Christmas. | 跟麦克说我圣诞节就要拟稿 |
[1:46:14] | And we need a response from Lake Street. | 我们还需要神学院的回应 |
[1:46:16] | Who does PR for the Cardinal? Still John Walsh? | 谁负责主教的公关工作 还是约翰·沃尔什吗 |
[1:46:18] | No,somebody new,Donna Morrisey. | 不是 换人了 唐娜·莫里西 |
[1:46:20] | She came from TV. She’s young. | 她在电视台工作过 很年轻 |
[1:46:21] | Good,get a quote. | 好 引用句话 |
[1:46:23] | We need something from Law to appear even-handed. | 我们需要劳的回应以示公平 |
[1:46:24] | Robby,next time give me a goddamn heads-up. | 罗比 下次提前给我透露点风声好吗 |
[1:46:27] | Will do. | 好的 |
[1:46:29] | Silent night | 平安夜 |
[1:46:32] | 41天3小时后截稿 | |
[1:46:33] | Holy night | 圣善夜 |
[1:46:37] | All is calm | 万暗中 |
[1:46:41] | All is bright | 光华射 |
[1:46:44] | 21天4小时后截稿 | |
[1:46:45] | Round yon virgin,mother and child | 照着圣母 照着圣婴 |
[1:46:53] | Holy infant,so tender and mild | 多少慈祥 多少天真 |
[1:47:01] | Sleep in heavenly peace | 静享天赐安眠 |
[1:47:07] | 8天2小时后截稿 | |
[1:47:08] | Sleep in heavenly peace | 静享天赐安眠 |
[1:47:14] | 你的内线搞定了吗 请尽快 本 | |
[1:47:15] | Silent night,holy night | 平安夜 圣善夜 |
[1:47:23] | Shepherds quake | 牧羊人 |
[1:47:27] | At the sight | 在旷野 |
[1:47:31] | Glory streams from heaven above | 忽然看见了天上光华 |
[1:47:39] | Heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah | 听见天军唱哈利路亚 |
[1:47:51] | Oh,Robby. What a nice surprise. | 罗比 见到你真是惊喜 |
[1:47:54] | Come on in. | 快请进 |
[1:48:02] | Hey,hon,look who I found outside. | 亲爱的 看看谁来了 |
[1:48:08] | Karen,can you give us a minute? | 凯伦 能回避一会儿吗 |
[1:48:12] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[1:48:13] | Good to see you,Karen. | 很高兴见到你 凯伦 |
[1:48:18] | What’s up? | 有什么事吗 |
[1:48:34] | I’m out of time,Jim. | 我没时间了 吉姆 |
[1:48:37] | We’ve got cover-up stories on 70 priests, | 我们要做教会包庇70名神父的报道 |
[1:48:40] | but the boss isn’t gonna run it | 可没有你那边的人出来作证 |
[1:48:42] | unless I get confirmation from your side. | 我上司是不会批准报道的 |
[1:48:47] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[1:48:49] | Come on. This is our town,Jimmy. | 想想吧 吉姆 这事关我们的家乡 |
[1:48:51] | Everybody knew something was going on,and no one did a thing. | 大家都知道发生了什么 却没人站出来 |
[1:48:56] | We gotta put an end to it. | 我们得阻止这种事再发生 |
[1:48:58] | Don’t tell me what I gotta do. | 别指挥我该干什么 |
[1:49:00] | Yeah,I helped defend these scumbags,but that’s my job,Robby. | 没错 我是替这些人渣辩护过 可那是我的工作 罗比 |
[1:49:03] | I was doing my job! | 是我的本职工作 |
[1:49:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:49:09] | You and everyone else. | 每个人都有责任 |
[1:49:19] | Get out of my house. | 你给我离开 |
[1:49:32] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:49:35] | You come to my home and lay this shit on me! | 你竟然跑到我家里找我麻烦 |
[1:49:39] | You were right,Robby. | 你说的对 罗比 |
[1:49:41] | We all knew somethin’ was going on. | 我们都知道发生了什么 |
[1:49:44] | So where were you? | 那你早干什么去了 |
[1:49:46] | What took you so long? | 到现在才行动 |
[1:49:54] | I don’t know,Jim. | 我也不知道 吉姆 |
[1:50:01] | Give me the list. | 把名单给我 |
[1:50:59] | Larry,we’re going to press in six hours. | 拉里 我们还有6个小时就要印刷了 |
[1:51:01] | Donna Morrisey said she’d called us | 唐娜·莫里西几小时前说会打电话 |
[1:51:02] | with a quote from Law hours ago. | 告诉我们劳的回应 |
[1:51:03] | -That’s what I thought. -When did you talk to her? | -我也是这么以为的 -你什么时候跟她说的 |
[1:51:06] | Okay,okay,Larry. | 好 好的 拉里 |
[1:51:08] | Yeah. Yeah,that’s good to know. | 好 那我就放心了 |
[1:51:10] | -Thanks,Pete. -Anything? | -谢谢 皮特 -有消息吗 |
[1:51:12] | Conley said Donna Morrisey should have called,he just left Lake Street. | 康利说唐娜·莫里西应该打了电话 他刚从神学院离开 |
[1:51:15] | Yeah,Rasky said the same thing. | 恩 拉斯基也是这么跟我说的 |
[1:51:17] | This is ridiculous. You’d think they’d wanna get ahead of this. | 这太不可思议了 你会以为他们想提前应对 |
[1:51:20] | I mean,they’d be idiots not to. | 他们是白痴才会不想 |
[1:51:22] | I would love to see their faces when they read this thing then. | 我可想看到他们读到报道时的表情 |
[1:51:25] | You know,Sunday’s the feast of the Epiphany. | 你知道周六是主显节吗 |
[1:51:28] | It seems appropriate. | 老天有眼啊 |
[1:51:35] | Mike Rezendes. | 麦克·雷然斯 |
[1:51:38] | Hey,Donna. Thanks for calling. | 你好 唐娜 感谢来电 |
[1:51:41] | Yeah,I just had a few questions if you have a minute. | 对 能占用你几分钟吗 想问你几个问题 |
[1:51:46] | What? | 什么 |
[1:51:48] | -What? -Another adjective. | -咋了 -换一个形容词 |
[1:51:52] | -Anything? -Law just turned us down. | -有回应吗 -劳对我们无可奉告 |
[1:51:54] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[1:51:56] | I just got off the phone with Donna Morrisey. | 我刚同唐娜·莫里西通过电话 |
[1:51:58] | She said,quote,we don’t even want to know | 我引述她的话”我们根本连” |
[1:52:00] | what the questions are,end quote. | 这些问题都不想知道”没了 |
[1:52:01] | -She really said that? -Yeah. | -她真这么说的 -恩 |
[1:52:04] | Well,that oughta do it. | 那也够了 |
[1:52:05] | “The Church had no interest | 教会并不想了解 |
[1:52:06] | “in knowing what the Globe’s questions would be.” | 环球报 要问些什么问题 |
[1:52:11] | Work it in somewhere before the jump. Anything else? | 把这加在换页之前 还有其他事吗 |
[1:52:13] | Uh,Matt wants to put the letters online, | 马特想把信件都放到网上 |
[1:52:15] | so the readers can see for themselves. | 这样读者可以自行查阅 |
[1:52:17] | We can run the URL at the bottom of the article. | 我们可以添加链接到文章底部 |
[1:52:19] | -It’s pretty straightforward. -Okay. | -一劳永逸的事 -那行 |
[1:52:21] | We also put the Spotlight tip line at the end of the story | 我们也把《焦点》的举报电话放到报道底下 |
[1:52:24] | so people can call in. | 这样大家就可以 |
[1:52:25] | Goes directly to our office. | 直接打到我们办公室 |
[1:52:26] | Matt and I can go in in the morning in case we get any calls. | 我和马特可以早上过来 以防有电话打来 |
[1:52:29] | Yeah,I’m more concerned about the phones at reception. | 好 我更担心的是前台的电话 |
[1:52:31] | After we ran the Porter case, | 在我们报道波特案后 |
[1:52:32] | the message centers were tied up for weeks. | 信息中心拥堵了几个星期 |
[1:52:34] | -It’s a real problem. -There were picketers,too. | -那可是个问题 -还有来示威的 |
[1:52:36] | Lots of ’em. | 非常多 |
[1:52:38] | I’ll talk to Richard about the security and the phones. | 我会嘱咐理查德处理安全和电话问题 |
[1:52:40] | Uh,how are we coming on the folo story? | 我们打算怎样做后续报道 |
[1:52:44] | Well,we’ve nailed down multiple stories | 我们有关于这70个神父的 |
[1:52:45] | on 70 priests. | 多个报道 |
[1:52:47] | -All 70? -Mmm-hmm. | -70个都有 -恩 |
[1:52:49] | And with the confirmation from Robby’s source,we’re ready to go. | 有罗比那个内线的证实 我们万事俱备 |
[1:52:52] | We can have a draft next week. | 我们下周就能拿出拟稿 |
[1:52:53] | Uh,Robby,that source of yours, | 罗比 你那个内线 |
[1:52:56] | is it something we could revisit? | 我们还可以再使用吗 |
[1:52:59] | He might be tough. | 他可能不情愿 |
[1:53:01] | But he has no problem helping the Church | 可他却不闻不问的帮助教会 |
[1:53:02] | protect dozens of dirty priests. | 去包庇这些禽兽神父 |
[1:53:04] | -Guy’s a scumbag. -He’s a lawyer,he’s doing his job. | -那家伙也是人渣 -他是名律师 只是做本职工作 |
[1:53:07] | He’s a shill for the Church. | 他是教会的帮凶 |
[1:53:08] | He knew and did nothing. | 他知情却无动于衷 |
[1:53:09] | He could’ve said something years ago. Maybe saved some lives. | 他早就该挺身而出 说不定能救很多人 |
[1:53:12] | What about us? | 那我们呢 |
[1:53:15] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[1:53:16] | We had all the pieces. | 我们有各种线索 |
[1:53:18] | Why didn’t we get it sooner? | 为什么我们没有早点行动 |
[1:53:20] | We didn’t have all the pieces. | 我们没有全部的线索 |
[1:53:21] | We had Saviano,we had Barrett,we had Geoghan. | 我们知道萨维亚诺 巴雷特 还有吉欧根 |
[1:53:24] | We had the directories in the basement. | 我们的地下室里有花名录 |
[1:53:26] | You know what? We got it now. | 看看我们现在有的东西 |
[1:53:27] | Robby,the story needed Spotlight. | 罗比 这故事需要《焦点》 |
[1:53:30] | Mike,Spotlight’s been around since 1970. | 麦克 《焦点》早在1970年就存在了 |
[1:53:33] | So what? We couldn’t see the scope of this. No one could. | 那又如何 我们没可能预见这种波及范围 没人可以 |
[1:53:36] | Robby,this started with one goddamn priest. | 罗比 我们着手时可只有一名神父 |
[1:53:41] | Macleish sent us a letter on 20 priests,years ago. | 麦克利什给我们寄过一个20人的名单 多年前的事 |
[1:53:44] | Sacha found the clip. | 萨夏在剪报里找到了 |
[1:53:46] | You freaking kidding me? 20 priests? | 你不是开国际玩笑吧 20名神父 |
[1:53:48] | When? | 什么时候 |
[1:53:51] | Uh,just after Porter. December ’93. | 就在波特案后 93年12月 |
[1:53:54] | We buried the story in Metro. No folo. | 我们当时的都市版块没有跟进 |
[1:53:57] | That was you. | 那是你吧 |
[1:54:01] | You were Metro. | 你负责的都市版块 |
[1:54:03] | Yeah. That was me. | 对 是我 |
[1:54:06] | I’d just taken over. I don’t remember it at all. | 我当时刚接手 根本不记得有这回事 |
[1:54:10] | But yeah… | 不过的确是我 |
[1:54:16] | Can I say something here? | 可以让我插几句吗 |
[1:54:20] | Sometimes it’s easy to forget | 有时我们很爱忘记 |
[1:54:22] | that we spend most of our time stumbling around in the dark. | 大多数时候我们都是在黑暗中磕磕绊绊 |
[1:54:26] | Suddenly a light gets turned on, | 突然间天亮了 |
[1:54:28] | and there’s a fair share of blame to go around. | 人们却开始互相指责起来 |
[1:54:32] | I can’t speak to what happened before I arrived, | 我不想对我来之前的情况评头论足 |
[1:54:35] | but,um,all of you have done some very good reporting here. | 不过 你们每个人在这个报道上都干得很出色 |
[1:54:40] | Reporting that I believe is gonna have an immediate | 而我认为这个报道会给我们的读者带来 |
[1:54:43] | and considerable impact on our readers. | 直接的和难以估量的影响 |
[1:54:48] | For me,this kind of story is why we do this. | 对我而言 这种报道正是我们干这一行的原因 |
[1:54:52] | Having said that,Cardinal Law and the Catholic community | 话说回来 主教劳以及天主教社区 |
[1:54:55] | are gonna have a very strong response to this. | 应该会对这个报道做出强硬回应 |
[1:54:58] | So if you need a moment, | 如果你们想要休整一下 |
[1:55:02] | you’ve earned it. | 那是你们应得的 |
[1:55:03] | But I will need you back here Monday morning | 不过 我需要你们下周一早晨回来时 |
[1:55:07] | focused and ready to do your job. | 集中精力做好份内的事 |
[1:55:19] | Leaving? | 要走吗 |
[1:55:21] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:55:27] | I,uh,just got a call from the Cardinal. | 我刚接到主教的电话 |
[1:55:30] | Really. Why? | 真的 什么目的 |
[1:55:32] | He wanted to tell me personally | 他想亲自告诉我 |
[1:55:34] | that he decided not to comment. | 他决定不予评论 |
[1:55:36] | Yeah,said he wanted to extend me that courtesy. | 他说他只是好意打个招呼 |
[1:55:40] | Jesus,the balls on that guy. What did you say? | 天啊 这家伙真是厚颜无耻 你怎么回应他的 |
[1:55:44] | I told him he was making a mistake, | 我说你做了错误的决定 |
[1:55:46] | and that we were gonna run the story. | 而我们要做成这个报道 |
[1:55:47] | Damn right we’re gonna run it. | 你说的太对了 |
[1:56:14] | Sacha,can I have a drink of water? | 萨夏 能帮我倒杯水吗 |
[1:56:17] | Yeah. Sure,Nana. Yeah. | 好的 奶奶 |
[1:56:31] | Can I keep this? | 这个我可以保留吗 |
[1:56:34] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:56:36] | I thought you should see it first. | 我觉得应该让你先过目 |
[1:56:37] | Thank you for bringing it by. | 谢谢你带过来给我 |
[1:56:42] | I have some clients I have to attend to. | 我还有些客户的事要处理 |
[1:57:02] | Both kids were abused. | 2个小孩都被性侵 |
[1:57:05] | Jamaica Plain. Two weeks ago. | 2周前在牙买加平原发生的事 |
[1:57:09] | Keep doing your work,Mr. Rezendes. | 继续你目前的工作 雷然斯先生 |
[1:57:14] | -Hello. -Hello. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[1:57:16] | -How are you guys doing? -We’re good. | -你们好吗 -很好 |
[1:57:19] | Good. | 好 |
[1:57:44] | 教会包庇神父性侵多年 | |
[1:58:07] | -Hey. -Morning. | -嗨 -早上好 |
[1:58:10] | How’d you sleep? | 昨晚睡的好吗 |
[1:58:12] | Not very well. You? | 不太好 你呢 |
[1:58:14] | I haven’t slept well for months. | 我几个月来都没睡好过 |
[1:58:17] | Oh,thanks. I actually started writing. | 谢谢 我其实在写东西 |
[1:58:20] | -Writing? -Yeah,I’ve been working on a book. | -写东西 -恩 准备写本书 |
[1:58:22] | Gives me something else to focus on. | 让我可以分心做点其他事情 |
[1:58:24] | What kind of book? | 什么类型的书 |
[1:58:26] | Horror. | 恐怖小说 |
[1:58:34] | Spotlight. | 《焦点》 |
[1:58:37] | Yeah. Yeah,of course. | 好 当然可以 |
[1:58:39] | Can I get your name,please? | 可以报下你的名字吗 |
[1:58:57] | You do know it’s Sunday,right? | 你没忘今天是周六吧 |
[1:58:59] | I couldn’t get a tee time. | 我没订上开球时间 |
[1:59:03] | -No picketers. -Yeah. | -没有来示威的 -是啊 |
[1:59:06] | Probably still at church. | 可能还在教堂集合呢 |
[1:59:10] | Hey,Linda. | 嗨 琳达 |
[1:59:12] | It’s quiet,huh? | 这么安静 |
[1:59:13] | Yeah,easiest overtime I ever made. | 是啊 我加过的最轻松的班了 |
[1:59:15] | Phone hasn’t rung once. | 电话还没响过一次 |
[1:59:17] | Marty sent two of mine down to Spotlight. | 马特叫了我的两个人去《焦点》 |
[1:59:23] | -Great article,guys. -Thank you. | -你们的报道很棒 -谢谢 |
[1:59:25] | Spotlight? | 《焦点》 |
[1:59:50] | Okay. Send him over. | 好 让他过来 |
[1:59:52] | Spotlight,can I help you? | 《焦点》 你请讲 |
[1:59:53] | Phones have been ringing all morning. | 电话一早上就没停过 |
[1:59:57] | -Mike,can you grab that? -Yeah,yeah. | -麦克 你能负责那部电话吗 -好的 |
[2:00:00] | They’re almost all victims,Robby. | 基本上全是受害者打来的 罗比 |
[2:00:05] | I’m sorry to make you wait. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[2:00:09] | It’s very tough to talk about,I know… | 这事很难以启齿 我明白 |
[2:00:11] | Yes,you can reach me here… | 是的 你可以打给我 |
[2:00:13] | This is Spotlight. | 这里是《焦点》 |
[2:00:30] | Spotlight. | 《焦点》 |
[2:00:38] | 整个2002年 《焦点》团队 发表了接近600篇有关丑闻的报道 | |
[2:00:44] | 在波士顿大主教区 就有249名神父和教士被公开指控 | |
[2:00:48] | 波士顿地区的幸存者 预计会超过一千人 | |
[2:00:54] | 2002年12月 劳主教 从波士顿大主教区辞职 | |
[2:00:58] | 被调回罗马的圣母玛利亚大教堂 这是世界上级别最高的罗马天主教堂之一 | |
[2:01:04] | 重大性侵丑闻 陆续在各地爆出 |