时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | So, let us assume that the measuring of you | 所以 对你的考量结束了 |
[00:13] | and your proposal are done | 我也听了你的提议 |
[00:16] | and that we are partners | 让我们一起开始 |
[00:17] | in a venture to acquire and reform Nassau. | 一场冒险 占领 重建拿骚 |
[00:21] | Jack went to hunt Captain Flint. | 杰克去追击弗林特船长了 |
[00:23] | Chances are good you’ve seen the last of him. | 你很可能再也见不到他了 |
[00:25] | When Anne was recruiting spies in Port Royal, | 安妮在皇家港招募眼线的时候 |
[00:27] | she met a man with an estate in the wilderness. | 她遇到一个男人在荒原中有一个庄园 |
[00:29] | This man found it profitable | 据说 这个人发现 |
[00:31] | to offer his services to wealthy families | 为富有的家族提供服务 十分有利可图 |
[00:34] | with a need to make troublesome family members disappear. | 他们需要让惹上麻烦的家族成员消失 |
[00:37] | What families? | 哪些家族 |
[00:39] | Flint doesn’t need to get far. | 弗林特不需要跑多远 |
[00:40] | All he needs is to bury that gold somewhere unknown and he’s won. | 他只要把金子埋在某个不为人知的地方 |
[00:44] | Accept the treaty and John Silver lives. | 接受协议约翰·西尔弗就能活命 |
[00:47] | This war, it will not be bargained away to avoid a fight. | 这场战争是不会通过交易去避免的 |
[00:50] | Even if you could kill me, | 即使你可以杀了我 |
[00:51] | how are you going to explain it to her? | 你打算怎么跟她解释 |
[00:53] | She believes in this. | 她跟我一样深深信仰着这份事业 |
[00:54] | If it costs a war to save her, | 如果需要发起战争来救她 |
[00:56] | you’ll have lost her anyway. | 你无论如何都会要失去她 |
[00:57] | Even you cannot construct a story to make her forgive you that. | 你甚至无法编造一个故事让她原谅你 |
[01:01] | Is this war more important than her life? | 这战争难道真的比她还重要吗 |
[01:07] | Answer the question. | 回答我 |
[01:09] | I wanna hear you say it. | 我想听你亲口告诉我 |
[01:16] | What’s to be done with the unwanted ones? | 如何应对那些不受欢迎的人呢 |
[01:22] | The men who do not fit, | 那些不合群的人 |
[01:25] | whom civilization must prune from the vine | 那些被文明驱赶出去 |
[01:28] | to protect its sense of itself. | 以免破坏文明的人 |
[01:31] | Every culture since earliest antiquity | 自古以来每一种文明 |
[01:33] | has survived this way, | 都是通过这种方法得以幸存 |
[01:36] | defining itself by the things it excludes. | 通过排除异己找到自身定位 |
[01:40] | So long as there is progress, | 只要社会在进步 |
[01:43] | there will always be human debris in its wake, | 就会有人被淘汰 |
[01:45] | on the outside looking in. | 他们在人群中格格不入 |
[01:49] | And sooner or later, | 迟早 |
[01:50] | one must answer the question– | 人们必须解答 |
[01:54] | what becomes of them? | 他们何去何从的问题 |
[01:58] | In London, | 伦敦的解决方式是 |
[01:59] | the solution is to call them criminals. | 把他们当成罪犯 |
[02:02] | To throw them in a deep, dark hole | 把他们丢入黑不见底的深渊 |
[02:05] | and hope it never runs over. | 祈祷他们永不翻身 |
[02:11] | I would argue that justice demands we do better than that. | 我认为正义召唤我们采取更好的措施 |
[02:15] | That a civilization is judged not by who it excludes, | 文明不以被它排斥的人群来判断 |
[02:20] | but by how it treats the excluded. | 而是以它如何对待他们来判断 |
[02:26] | That is not what I asked. | 我不是在问这个 |
[02:38] | Many of the men incarcerated here have enemies, sir. | 监禁在这里的许多人都有敌人 先生 |
[02:43] | Such is the nature of being anathema to the empire. | 成为帝国诅咒这是情理之中的事 |
[02:46] | And the only way I can protect them | 我唯一能够保护他们的方法就是 |
[02:48] | is to ensure that once they walk through these gates, | 确保他们一旦跨入这扇大门 |
[02:51] | their anonymity is protected, too. | 他们有不透露姓名的自由 |
[02:54] | Here, they must cease to be to be able to find peace. | 在这里他们必须学会寻找内心的安宁 |
[02:58] | I already said I’m not an enemy of his, | 我早就说过我不是他的敌人 |
[03:01] | nor is the man who sent me. | 也不是有人指使我来的 |
[03:03] | Yes, and I believe you when you say it. | 我相信你说的话 |
[03:04] | – But still– – Do you know where I come from, sir? | -但是 -你知道我从哪来吗 先生 |
[03:06] | – No, I don’t. – I come from Nassau. | -我不知道 -我从拿骚来 |
[03:16] | My name is Tom Morgan. | 我叫汤姆·摩根 |
[03:22] | I come on behalf of Long John Silver. | 我代表朗·约翰·西尔弗而来 |
[03:30] | Have you heard of him? | 你听说过他吗 |
[03:33] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[03:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:39] | Then I ask you again and for the last time, | 那我再问最后一次 |
[03:44] | is the prisoner we are looking for here | 我们要找的犯人到底在这 |
[03:47] | or isn’t he? | 还是不在 |
[05:28] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[05:30] | Come on! | 加油 |
[05:36] | Ready, set. | 准备 瞄准 |
[05:37] | Come up. | 上来 |
[05:40] | Quick! Get to cover! | 快 寻找掩护 |
[05:43] | Get on the beach! | 上岸 |
[05:49] | When we make our landing, | 我们登陆后 |
[05:50] | pass word to the men I need Flint alive. | 记得传话留弗林特活口 |
[05:53] | If he departed with the money, | 如果是他把钱卷走 |
[05:54] | he’s the one who knows its whereabouts. | 他肯定知道钱的去处 |
[05:56] | What of the others, my lord? | 那其他人呢 大人 |
[06:00] | There are no others. | 一概不留 |
[06:03] | No quarter, Mr. Utley. | 绝不心软 厄特利先生 |
[06:08] | – Come on, run! – Go! | -快跑 -去吧 |
[06:13] | Get to cover! | 去找掩护 |
[06:20] | Give me your hand! | 把手给我 |
[06:25] | Give me your hand! | 把手给我 |
[06:46] | – Ready to starboard! – Starboard! | -右满舵准备 -右满舵 |
[06:49] | Bring her about! | 掉头 |
[06:51] | Back to the ship! | 回船 |
[07:24] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[07:29] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[07:34] | Make ready to take on survivors. | 准备好去接幸存者 |
[07:41] | An hour ago, | 一个小时前 |
[07:43] | we were upon a fool’s errand to capture Captain Flint | 我们还受一个徒劳的任务去追捕弗林特船长 |
[07:47] | and find an island that does not exist– | 寻找一个根本不存在的岛屿 |
[07:50] | you’re welcome for that, by the way– | 对了 不用谢我带对了路 |
[07:53] | evade a ship full of redcoats, | 还要躲避一船英国军人 |
[07:55] | fight through a ship full of pirates, | 和一船海盗对抗 |
[07:57] | and somehow get past Long John Silver. | 不知怎的还得绕过朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[08:02] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 我不知道你有没有注意到 |
[08:04] | but this is considerably better luck than | 但这比我们最近经历的事情 |
[08:06] | you and I have experienced lately. | 幸运多了 |
[08:08] | And yet somehow, I get the sense | 不知怎的 我感到 |
[08:10] | you and I are possessed of different instincts | 我们俩对于处理这件事的 |
[08:13] | as to how to react to this. | 看法不同 |
[08:15] | How would you like to react to it? | 你想怎么办 |
[08:16] | Throw him in a sack, sail away from here, | 把他装进袋子 驶离这里 |
[08:19] | let the Guthrie woman and her lawyers deal with the governor, | 让那个格斯里老太婆和她的律师去处理总督 |
[08:22] | and be alive come tomorrow. | 好好活过明天 |
[08:29] | He’s headed for open water. | 他正驶向公海 |
[08:32] | I noticed. | 我注意到了 |
[08:36] | He has everything he came for? | 他得到他想要的东西吗 |
[08:42] | We were at the camp. | 我们之前在营地 |
[08:44] | They told me you brought the cache to ransom for her life. | 他们告诉我你拿宝箱来交换她的性命 |
[08:47] | It’s in the ground. | 埋起来了 |
[08:49] | Ashore. | 埋在岸上 |
[08:51] | I’m the only one who knows where. | 只有我才知道位置 |
[08:54] | It comes out when Madi is safe, | 只有马迪安全了 |
[08:56] | when the governor is dead or captured, | 总督死了或是被抓 |
[09:00] | and when we are ready to return together to the camp | 我们准备好一起回去营地 |
[09:02] | to resume the war to which we all committed ourselves. | 开展我们全都承诺过的战争时才会挖出来 |
[09:05] | Then and only then. | 只有在那之后才能挖出来 |
[09:09] | Can you live with that? | 你能接受吗 |
[09:16] | She runs or she wants room to fight this out? | 他们是想逃跑还是想找机会杀出重围 |
[09:20] | You’ve met the man. What do you think? | 你已经见过那个人了 你觉得呢 |
[09:24] | He’ll never stop until we’re all hanging in his square. | 他绝不会停止脚步直到把我们绞死在广场上 |
[09:28] | Unless we defeat him today, together. | 除非我们今天一起打败他 |
[09:35] | Get us underway and ready the guns. | 大家行动起来 准备好火炮 |
[09:38] | – Make ready the guns! – We should speak. | -准备好火炮 -我们该谈谈 |
[09:41] | The three of us. | 我们三个 |
[09:57] | Woodes Rogers isn’t going to receive a letter | 我不会让伍兹·罗杰斯 |
[09:58] | from anyone’s lawyer informing him I’ve beaten him. | 从谁的律师那里得知是我打败了他 |
[10:00] | I’m going to tell him so. | 我要亲自让他知晓 |
[10:02] | – Jack – I want my money back. | -杰克 -我想拿回属于我的钱 |
[10:04] | If it takes rescuing the girl to get Flint to dig it up, | 如果只有救出那个姑娘弗林特才会把它挖出来 |
[10:05] | then, Augustus, you and I are in the rescuing business today. | 那奥古斯塔斯 我们俩今天还就得去救人了 |
[10:08] | Get us after that ship. | 去跟着那艘船 |
[10:28] | Well, here I am. What exactly is on the agenda? | 我来了 到底准备怎么做 |
[10:31] | Where did you go? | 你当时去哪里了 |
[10:37] | You were to follow us to the camp. | 你本来应该跟着我们进营地的 |
[10:41] | Your ship disappears | 你的船消失了 |
[10:42] | and then you arrive here as though none of it happened. | 然后你现在到了这里 好像什么事都没发生 |
[10:47] | Before we discuss anything else, I wanna know where you went. | 在我们讨论之前 我想知道你当时去了哪里 |
[10:54] | I went to Philadelphia | 我去了费城 |
[10:56] | to see Joseph Guthrie. | 去找约瑟夫·格斯里 |
[10:59] | You went to see Joseph Guthrie? | 你去找约瑟夫·格斯里了 |
[11:02] | I presented him with a plan to join our cause. | 我给他提了一个加入我们事业的计划 |
[11:06] | Every rebellion can use | 每个反抗军在战争前期都需要 |
[11:07] | a wealthy convert or two early in the game. | 一两个富裕的支持者 |
[11:10] | What did he say? | 他怎么说的 |
[11:12] | He politely passed. | 他委婉地拒绝了 |
[11:16] | Anne remained to be tended to in the city. | 安妮留在那里养伤 |
[11:20] | Max with her. | 麦克思和她一起 |
[11:23] | Now that we’re all caught up, | 现在我们都说清楚了 |
[11:24] | might we agree there are more pressing issues at hand? | 是不是该讨论当下这更为迫切的问题了 |
[11:27] | Namely, what we intend to do from here. | 换句话说 从现在开始我们要做些什么 |
[11:31] | I intend to assume command here, | 我要担任指挥 |
[11:35] | pursue the governor, and capture his ship whole. | 追杀总督 俘获他船上的所有人 |
[11:38] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[11:39] | We’ll need to take her without the use of our great guns. | 我们得在不使用大炮的情况下救下她 |
[11:42] | It will be technically beyond your capacities. | 那就超出你的能力范围了 |
[11:45] | Without the guns? | 不用炮 |
[11:47] | – Why would you– – It would put Madi’s life at greater risk. | -你为什么 -那会让马迪陷入极大的危险 |
[11:50] | Securing her alive is all that matters today. | 今天最重要的事情是把她救回来 |
[11:55] | Return her, him, | 把她 他 |
[11:57] | and the cache back to the camp intact | 还有宝藏完整地送回营地 |
[12:00] | along with the governor defeated and in chains. | 加上抓获的总督 |
[12:03] | And news of it will travel far and wide. | 这个消息会广泛流传开来 |
[12:07] | The war will be fully, | 那个战争则会全面地 |
[12:09] | undeniably, and maybe unstoppably underway. | 毫无疑问地 甚至可能无法阻挡地开始 |
[12:14] | Victory here today changes everything | 今天的胜利可以永远地 |
[12:16] | for everyone forever. | 改变我们所有人的一切 |
[12:18] | And it is most likely to happen under my direction. | 最有可能是在我的指挥下才能成功 |
[12:26] | Do you have anything to say about this? | 你没有什么想说的吗 |
[12:34] | He’s right. | 他是对的 |
[12:40] | And you know it. | 你自己也清楚 |
[12:50] | You people. | 你们啊 |
[13:16] | We need to watch him. | 我们得盯着他 |
[13:19] | The governor is the danger ahead of us. | 总督是我们眼前的威胁 |
[13:22] | But if he has a chance | 但是如果为了那些宝藏 |
[13:23] | to put knives in our backs for the money, he’ll do it. | 要他在背后给我们捅刀子 他会做的 |
[13:26] | You don’t think I know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[13:31] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况 |
[13:34] | You cannot honestly believe that placating me | 你不会真以为安抚我 |
[13:36] | is going to repair what’s been broken here. | 就能修补这里已经破裂的关系 |
[13:39] | I absolutely think that it is repairable. | 我完全认为那是可修补的 |
[13:43] | And no one is placating anyone. | 而且没人在安抚谁 |
[13:45] | Then what exactly is it you think you’re doing here? | 那你到底在使什么把戏 |
[13:47] | I know what it’s like… | 我知道要失去心爱之人 |
[13:51] | to have lost her. | 是什么感觉 |
[13:54] | And then seeing a way to have her back. | 然后又发现有机会把她救回来 |
[14:01] | I understand what that must’ve felt like. | 我明白你当时的心情 |
[14:09] | You asked me once what I would do, | 你曾问过我 我愿意做出什么事 |
[14:12] | what I would sacrifice | 我愿意牺牲什么 |
[14:14] | if it meant having Thomas back again. | 如果能让托马斯回到我身边 |
[14:23] | I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done. | 说实话 我真的不知道我会做出什么 |
[14:28] | I honestly couldn’t say I wouldn’t have done what you did. | 我无法肯定 我不会做出和你一样的选择 |
[14:37] | I told you I’d see you through this. | 我告诉过你 我会帮你度过难关 |
[14:41] | Put things back together again so that we can move forward. | 让一切复原 从而让我们继续前进 |
[14:48] | I meant it. | 我是认真的 |
[15:32] | Please know… | 你要知道 |
[15:35] | I was so conflicted about all this when it began. | 一切刚开始时我真的很矛盾 |
[15:42] | I knew it would be difficult to separate them… | 我知道很难离间他们 |
[15:46] | Flint and Silver. | 弗林特和西尔弗 |
[15:49] | They’d grown so close, | 他们变得如此亲密 |
[15:50] | it was hard to know where one ended | 形影不离 |
[15:51] | and the other began. | 难以分辨 |
[15:59] | I worried that the act of | 我担心分开他们 |
[16:00] | separating them might destroy them both… | 可能会将两人都毁掉 |
[16:03] | when what I wanted was to remove Flint. | 当时我想除去的是弗林特 |
[16:09] | And I saw no other way. | 我别无他法 |
[16:16] | But the things I’ve done in the pursuit of it… | 但我在这过程中做过的事 |
[16:24] | were intended to honor my oath. | 是为了履行我的誓言 |
[16:28] | But somehow, here I am now. | 但不知何故 我到了现在这个境地 |
[16:37] | What I’ve just done… | 我刚刚做的事 |
[16:41] | there’s no coming back from that. | 让我回不了头了 |
[16:52] | There is no difference between Flint and Silver now. | 如今弗林特和西尔弗对我而言已毫无差别 |
[16:56] | Or between Flint and any of them. | 弗林特和其他任何人也没差别了 |
[16:58] | They are all enemies of mine. | 他们都是我的敌人 |
[17:03] | Now, I believe they are outmatched today. | 今天 他们都是我的手下败将 |
[17:08] | I believe at the end of the day, | 我相信最终 |
[17:09] | there will be no more of them left alive. | 他们会全军覆没 |
[17:16] | But if somehow… | 但如果 |
[17:18] | they are able to prevail today against us… | 他们今天能战胜我们 |
[17:22] | fight their way through the British soldiers above, | 打败上面的英国士兵 |
[17:24] | through the governor, through me… | 打败总督 打败我 |
[17:28] | I will ensure that at the end of it all, | 我会确保最后 |
[17:31] | when they walk through this final door, | 他们穿过这扇门时 |
[17:32] | there is defeat awaiting them. | 迎接他们的是失败 |
[17:34] | You think killing me means defeat for them? | 你觉得我死了 对他们而言意味着失败吗 |
[17:41] | You will have given them a martyr to unite them. | 你只会给他们一个烈士 将他们团结起来 |
[18:34] | Still no sign of her. | 还是没见到敌方的踪影 |
[18:38] | Thought he’d try to block us in ahead. | 还以为他会试图在前面堵住我们 |
[18:40] | He’s out there. | 他就在那里 |
[18:44] | Maybe there, ready to loose his guns once we clear the mouth. | 也可能是那里 等我们一过入海口就开炮 |
[18:49] | We should veer to starboard as far as is possible | 我们应该尽量转向右舷 |
[18:52] | and be prepared to take fire when we do. | 做好迎接炮火的准备 |
[19:17] | The captain suggests Eurydice | 船长说欧律狄刻号 |
[19:18] | is likely lying in wait beyond that headland. | 很可能在前面岬角处埋伏以待 |
[19:21] | We should take measures to prepare for it. | 我们应该采取措施 做好准备 |
[19:26] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[19:28] | why don’t you tell me what the fuck you’re actually doing here? | 不如你告诉我 你到底在这里干什么 |
[19:34] | You presented a plan to the Guthrie family | 你向格斯里家族提出了一个计划 |
[19:36] | to bolster piracy in Nassau… | 支持拿骚的海盗行为 |
[19:39] | with Max at your side? | 麦克斯也支持你吗 |
[19:43] | I sincerely doubt you’d go along with any plan | 我真心怀疑你会赞成任何 |
[19:45] | that promised support for the account. | 支持海盗的计划 |
[19:49] | And from there, | 从那件事看来 |
[19:51] | my questions only multiply. | 我的疑问只增不减 |
[19:55] | Which is probably not a state you want to leave me in. | 你不会想让我继续怀疑你的 |
[20:03] | A state of multiplying questions. | 心中存有越来越多的疑问 |
[20:07] | I suppose that makes two of us. | 我也有同感 |
[20:10] | Because there is something in the air | 因为你和你那边那位朋友之间 |
[20:12] | between you and your friend up there. | 也有种奇怪的气氛 |
[20:15] | It’s just tension between steadfast partners. | 那只是坚定的合作伙伴之间的张力 |
[20:22] | Or it’s something else. | 或者是别的 |
[20:26] | We could suffer under the weight | 我们可以不断 |
[20:28] | of our respective questions. | 向对方提问 |
[20:34] | Or would you like to start trading answers? | 也可以开始交换答案 |
[21:19] | Helm! | 舵手 |
[21:20] | Hard to starboard! | 打右满舵掉头 |
[21:21] | Put the wind on the port quarter. | 让左舷船尾迎风 |
[21:23] | Mr. Featherstone, set the foresail, | 费瑟斯通先生 扬起前帆 |
[21:26] | Trim as we alter course. | 转向时作出调整 |
[21:28] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[21:29] | We’re gonna get hit. | 我们要被击中了 |
[21:40] | My lord, shall we withdraw in favor of a wider approach? | 大人 要不要先后撤以更好地接近敌方 |
[21:45] | No. | 不 |
[21:46] | I beg your pardon, sir, | 抱歉 先生 |
[21:48] | but there are easier ways to attempt to board her. | 但想登船 有更简单的方式 |
[21:49] | I do not wish to board her. | 我不想登船 |
[21:51] | I wish to cause confusion and terror amongst her men. | 我想在那些人中制造慌乱和恐惧 |
[21:54] | I wish to shatter their spirits. | 我想击垮他们的斗志 |
[21:56] | I wish to break them. | 我想毁了他们 |
[21:57] | And then I wish to board her. | 然后我要登船 |
[22:01] | Keep her main mast aligned over the bow. | 把船头对准她的主桅杆 |
[22:04] | Bow guns we fire at will. | 前炮狂轰 |
[22:11] | – Fire! – Take cover! | -开火 -找掩护 |
[22:15] | Helm, prepare to come hard over to starboard. | 舵手 准备好将船调转到右舷 |
[22:18] | Helm, prepare to come hard over to starboard! | 舵手 准备好将船调转到右舷 |
[22:22] | Now! | 登船 |
[22:26] | Brace for impact! | 抵御撞击 |
[22:28] | Brace for impact! | 抵御撞击 |
[23:00] | Target the rail! | 瞄准桅杆 |
[23:03] | Target the rail! | 瞄准桅杆 |
[23:05] | Come on, men, fire at will! | 大伙们 开火 |
[23:07] | Take cover! | 寻找掩护 |
[23:12] | Stay down! | 趴下 |
[23:23] | Ready the rest of the men. | 让剩下的人做好准备 |
[23:25] | And lead them over the stern. Board them at the helm. | 带领他们跑去船尾 登船占领她的船舵 |
[23:31] | The helm? | 占领船舵 |
[23:32] | Just get them ready. | 让大家准备好 |
[23:34] | When you’re onboard, get below decks and find Madi. | 你登上船后 去甲板下面找到马迪 |
[23:37] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[23:39] | To turn us around. | 调转船头 |
[23:43] | Musket! | 火枪手 |
[23:51] | You. | 你 |
[23:53] | Join the muskets on the foremast. | 去前桅当火枪手 |
[23:58] | Musket. Reload! | 火枪手 补充弹药 |
[24:01] | Target on the quarterdeck! | 瞄准后舱 |
[25:12] | – We broken away! – Yeah! | -我们挣脱了 -太好了 |
[25:16] | Hooks at the ready! | 钩子 准备 |
[25:18] | You load that now. | 把那大炮装上弹药 |
[25:33] | Come on, men! | 大家快冲 |
[25:35] | Come on! | 快冲 |
[29:09] | What are you doing down here? | 你躲在这下面干什么 |
[29:15] | Are you a fucking coward? | 你是个懦夫吗 |
[29:18] | P-please, sir. | 求你了 |
[29:21] | I’m just the cook. | 我只是厨子 |
[29:39] | You had a prisoner here. | 这船上有个囚犯 |
[29:45] | Is she still alive? | 她是不是还活着 |
[29:50] | Is she still alive?! | 她是不是还活着 |
[33:37] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[33:39] | No one’s going under the ship today. | 今天不会有人被刮龙骨 |
[33:41] | Though, the thought had crossed my mind. | 不过 我刚才还真有这个想法 |
[33:47] | No, I’m quite certain I can do better than that. | 还是算了 我相信我能想出更好的办法 |
[34:03] | Time is of the essence for what happens next. | 接下来所需要的就是时间了 |
[34:08] | Take the better part of a day, maybe two, to secure the chest. | 利用一天或两天时间去找回宝箱 |
[34:12] | Captain Rackham will ferry you back to the camp aboard the lion | 拉克姆船长会划船带着你们回到营地 |
[34:16] | to relay the news. | 把消息带给他们 |
[34:18] | I’d like to stay, actually. | 其实 我想留下来 |
[34:22] | To help see the chest secured properly. | 帮助你们确保宝箱的安全 |
[34:27] | Mr. Featherstone can see her back aboard the Eurydice. | 费瑟斯通先生会看着我们把宝箱带回欧律狄刻号上 |
[34:31] | Provided the majority of men crewing the lion | 鉴于船上的大多数人 |
[34:33] | are ours, not yours, | 都是我们的人 不是你的人 |
[34:35] | and you remain on the ship while we retrieve the chest. | 你就待在船上 我们去拿回宝箱 |
[34:38] | Yes? | 可以吗 |
[35:30] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[35:58] | We’ll rest up here. | 我们在这休息一下 |
[36:02] | I can keep going. | 我还能继续走 |
[36:04] | We’ll rest here. | 在这休息一下 |
[36:27] | You really are getting nimble on that thing. | 拐杖用得越来越灵活了 |
[36:32] | Pain is an exceptional tutor. | 苦痛是位很好的老师 |
[36:39] | We won’t be going any farther. | 我们不要再向前走了 |
[36:43] | Won’t we? | 为什么 |
[36:47] | I won’t take another step towards that chest | 除非能让我确信 即将发生的事情 |
[36:49] | until I know for certain that I’m wrong | 跟我预料的不一样 |
[36:52] | about what I suspect is happening here. | 否则我不会再向前走一步 |
[36:55] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Please don’t do that. | -我不知道你在说什么 -别装傻 |
[37:06] | And what is it you think is happening? | 那你觉得会发生什么 |
[37:12] | I show you the chest, the chest is brought out of the ground… | 我带你们去拿箱子 你们把箱子从土里挖出来… |
[37:17] | And then… | 然后… |
[37:20] | I don’t know what then exactly, | 我不知道究竟会如何 |
[37:22] | But I doubt it involves returning it to the camp as planned. | 但我猜应该不会像预计那样返回营地吧 |
[37:33] | Am I wrong? | 我说错了吗 |
[37:37] | Tell me I am and we’ll continue on our way. | 纠正我的错误 我们好继续赶路 |
[37:46] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[37:52] | This war… | 这场战争… |
[37:57] | Your war… | 你的战争… |
[38:01] | Her war… | 她的战争… |
[38:09] | Julius will be no obstacle to it. | 尤利乌斯不成问题 |
[38:13] | As long as you and she stand for it… | 只要你和她能忍受… |
[38:16] | As long as the treasure powers it… | 只要有了财力的支持… |
[38:20] | Nothing can stop it from beginning now. | 就没有什么能阻止那一切的发生 |
[38:25] | Nothing but you. | 只有你能 |
[38:32] | Why would you want to do that? | 你为什么要那么做 |
[38:43] | This is what it would be. | 这是注定的事 |
[38:46] | Time after time after time. | 周而复始 |
[38:52] | Endlessly. | 永不停歇 |
[38:56] | The measuring of lives | 对生命 |
[38:58] | and loves and spirits. | 爱和精神做好掌控 |
[39:01] | So that they may be wagered in a grand game. | 才能在更大的赌注中下注 |
[39:05] | How much ransom can be afforded for the cause? | 要交多少赎金才能了解这件事 |
[39:09] | How many casualties can be tolerated for the cause? | 为了这件事可以容许多少死伤 |
[39:14] | How much loss? | 多少损失 |
[39:20] | That isn’t a war. | 这不是战争 |
[39:23] | That is a fucking nightmare. | 这是场该死的噩梦 |
[39:29] | And I cannot take a single step towards leaving this forest… | 我无法迈出离开森林的脚步 |
[39:37] | Till I know it’s over. | 除非我知道一切结束了 |
[39:45] | This is how they survive. | 这是他们的生存方式 |
[39:51] | You must know this. | 你心知肚明 |
[39:53] | You’re too smart not to know this. | 但你聪明反被聪明误 |
[40:05] | They paint the world full of shadows… | 他们让世界被黑暗笼罩 |
[40:09] | And then tell their children to stay close to the light. | 然后再告诫孩子们要心向光明 |
[40:13] | Their light. | 他们所崇尚的光明 |
[40:16] | Their reasons, their judgments. | 他们的立场 他们的判断 |
[40:20] | Because in the darkness, there be dragons. | 因为在黑暗中 有恶龙 |
[40:26] | But it isn’t true. | 但这并不属实 |
[40:29] | We can prove that it isn’t true. | 我们能证明它不属实 |
[40:36] | In the dark, there is discovery, | 在黑暗中 有新发现 |
[40:38] | There is possibility, | 有新可能 |
[40:40] | There is freedom in the dark. | 在黑暗中有自由 |
[40:46] | Once someone has illuminated it. | 只要有人点亮黑暗 |
[40:48] | And who has been so close to doing it as we are right now? | 但有谁能比我们现在做得更好的 |
[40:52] | This isn’t about England… | 这无关英格兰 |
[40:57] | Or her king… | 也无关国王 |
[40:59] | Or our freedom, or any of it. | 无关我们的自由或是别的什么 |
[41:04] | When I thought Madi was gone, | 当我以为马迪死了 |
[41:06] | I saw– for the first time, | 我第一次 |
[41:08] | I saw the world through your eyes. | 看到了你眼中的世界 |
[41:12] | A world in which there is nothing left to lose. | 一个荡然无余的世界 |
[41:17] | I felt the need to make sense of the loss. | 我觉得需要让失去变得有意义 |
[41:21] | To impart meaning to it… | 不计代价地 |
[41:24] | Whatever the cost. | 为失去赋予意义 |
[41:26] | To exalt her memory with battles and victories. | 通过战役和胜利深深纪念她 |
[41:34] | But beneath all of that, | 但除这些事外 |
[41:36] | I recognized the other thing… | 我还意识到另一件事 |
[41:39] | hiding in the spaces. | 藏在内心深处 |
[41:42] | The one whose shape you first showed me. | 造就了你的东西第一次出现在我面前 |
[41:47] | And when asked, | 只要问它 |
[41:49] | It was honest about the role it wanted to play. | 它就诚实地告诉你它想如何肆虐 |
[41:55] | It was rage. | 它就是愤怒 |
[41:58] | And it just wanted to see the world burn. | 愤怒就只想看到世界战火纷飞 |
[42:14] | I see a life for myself with her. | 我想和她一起生活 |
[42:18] | And I will not live it wondering if tomorrow is the day | 而我不要过着一种担心明天会不会 |
[42:20] | your nightmare finally takes her away for good. | 因为你的恶梦她就被永远带走了的日子 |
[42:28] | So, what next, then? | 那接下来呢 |
[42:32] | What decisions have you made about | 你对我们的明天 |
[42:34] | what our tomorrows will be? | 做了什么样的决定 |
[42:40] | I made arrangements… | 我做了些安排 |
[42:43] | To ensure that when we leave here, | 确保一旦我们离开这里 |
[42:46] | It is with compromises in place | 就会有放置着的折中方案 |
[42:48] | that will diffuse any threat of widespread rebellion. | 将扩散普遍反抗的任何威胁 |
[42:54] | All this will be for nothing. | 这一切都将成为徒劳 |
[43:01] | We will have been for nothing. | 我们做的一切都将成为徒劳 |
[43:06] | Defined by their histories… | 被他们写的历史定义 |
[43:10] | Distorted to fit into their narrative… | 被他们的叙述扭曲 |
[43:16] | Until all that is left of us | 直到我们留下的痕迹 |
[43:19] | Are the monsters in the stories they tell their children. | 仅仅是儿童故事中的怪物 |
[43:27] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[43:32] | You will. | 你会在乎的 |
[43:37] | Someday, you will. | 终有一天 你会的 |
[43:42] | Someday. | 终有一天 |
[43:45] | Even if you can persuade her to keep you… | 尽管你能说服她和你在一起 |
[43:49] | She’ll no longer be enough. | 她也不会满足于此 |
[43:53] | And the comfort will grow stale. | 安逸会变得乏味 |
[43:58] | And casting about in the dark | 在黑暗中想方设法 |
[44:00] | for some proof that you mattered | 找寻证据证明自己的价值 |
[44:03] | and finding none, you’ll know… | 却一无所获 你就会知道 |
[44:08] | That you gave it away in this moment… | 在此时此刻 |
[44:13] | On this island. | 你放弃了它 |
[44:17] | Left it in the ground… | 和箱子一起 |
[44:20] | along with that chest. | 把它弃之于地下 |
[44:31] | This is not what I wanted. | 这不是我想要的 |
[44:35] | But I will stand here with you… | 但是我会和你一同站在这里 |
[44:39] | For an hour, | 一小时 |
[44:41] | A day, a year… | 一天 一年 |
[44:45] | While you find a way to accept this outcome… | 直到你找到方法接受这种结局 |
[44:49] | So that we might leave here together. | 这样或许我们能一起离开这里 |
[44:55] | For if not… | 不然的话 |
[45:00] | Then I must end this another way. | 我必须用另一种方式结束了 |
[46:26] | Captain Flint is gone. | 弗林特船长走了 |
[46:34] | Gone? | 走了 |
[46:36] | Gone where? | 走去哪儿 |
[46:38] | Retired from the account. | 离开了这一行 |
[46:41] | He was persuaded that his efforts were no longer viable, | 他被说服了他的手段不再可行 |
[46:46] | that those closest to him had grown tired of them. | 他最亲近的人们已经厌倦了那些手段 |
[46:51] | And of him. | 也厌倦了他 |
[46:53] | He then chose to walk away from it all. | 而后他选择了抽身离开 |
[46:58] | He’s no longer a concern of ours. | 他不再是我们的人了 |
[47:02] | This sounds somewhat less definitive an end than I had expected. | 这听起来和我预想的结局少了几分决定性 |
[47:06] | But far more effective. | 但有效多了 |
[47:10] | For if our intent was to extinguish his war, | 设若我们的目的在于终止战争 |
[47:13] | feeding it a martyr | 再多一个人牺牲 |
[47:16] | seems like an odd way of going about it. | 似乎并不是个好办法 |
[47:19] | Flint had allies | 弗林特的盟友们 |
[47:20] | who would’ve only been emboldened by his death. | 只会被他的死亡所鼓舞 |
[47:26] | Some of whom, had they the desire, | 他们中会有人 假设他们有这种渴望 |
[47:27] | could and would have fought his war without him | 能够也将会在没有他的前提下继续这场战争 |
[47:31] | to honor his memory. | 来纪念他 |
[47:34] | Instead of a martyr, we have fed it a story, | 相反的是 我们用一个故事 |
[47:39] | a tragedy that diffused their fighting spirit | 一个悲剧 摧毁了他们的斗志 |
[47:44] | and enabled the more moderate voices among them | 让他们中的温和派得以发声 |
[47:49] | to press for a more moderate solution. | 寻求更温和的解决途径 |
[47:56] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[47:59] | A treaty. | 一份协议 |
[48:01] | Its terms conceived by Governor Rogers. | 其中的条款由罗杰斯总督制定 |
[48:05] | Its terms agreed to by the Maroon leaders… | 尽管存在一些零散的异议声音 |
[48:09] | over a few scattered objections. | 这些条款还是得到了放逐军领袖的同意 |
[48:20] | I can tell you whatever it is you want to hear | 你所希望的弗林特的下落是什么样 |
[48:22] | about Flint’s whereabouts. | 我都能讲给你听 |
[48:24] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[48:27] | He’s retired. | 他隐退了 |
[48:29] | The truth of it matters not at all. | 事实如何已经不再重要了 |
[48:32] | The truth is there will be no Maroon War in the West Indies | 事实是西印度群岛再不会爆发放逐者战争了 |
[48:35] | because the Maroons themselves have agreed to it. | 因为放逐者他们已经同意偃旗息鼓了 |
[48:45] | All that remains, then, | 现在只需要你 |
[48:47] | is for you to purchase Woodes Rogers’ debts. | 买下伍兹·罗杰斯的债务 |
[48:51] | Force his default and incarceration | 迫使他负债入狱 |
[48:53] | and see him replaced with a new governor | 让下一位会执行这些条款的 |
[48:55] | who will honor these terms. | 新总督取代他 |
[49:08] | You asked for proof of Captain Flint’s removal. | 你想要弗林特船长被除的证据 |
[49:12] | I cannot give it to you. | 我给不了你 |
[49:16] | But this is a meaningful assurance | 但这份协议强有力地保证了 |
[49:18] | that the pirate threat is no more. | 海盗不再构成威胁了 |
[49:23] | You asked for a governor I would call husband. | 你想要一位会做我丈夫的总督 |
[49:27] | I cannot give that to you either. | 这我也给不了你 |
[49:31] | But I have given you a candidate | 但我给了你一个 |
[49:34] | whose trustworthiness I can guarantee. | 值得信赖的人选 |
[49:39] | What candidate? | 什么人选 |
[49:44] | You want me to administrate Nassau? | 你想要我掌管拿骚 |
[49:47] | These are the terms under which it will happen. | 只有根据这些条款这件事才可行 |
[49:49] | They are the best I can offer. | 这是我能提供的最好的条件了 |
[49:53] | Are they acceptable to you? | 你能接受吗 |
[50:07] | Just one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[50:16] | Small favor to ask before the ink dries | 在你们意见一致协议生效前 |
[50:20] | on whatever it is you’ve agreed upon. | 我还有个不情之请 |
[50:23] | Once the demand for repayment has been made | 一旦你提出还款的要求 |
[50:26] | and his default recorded and the warrant sworn, | 他被告负债并被拘捕 |
[50:30] | there will be a trial. | 会有一场审判 |
[50:33] | And at that trial, | 审判过程中 |
[50:34] | the court will solicit affidavits from his creditors. | 法庭会听取他债主的证词 |
[50:38] | Affidavits that will shape the official narrative of the default. | 那些证词会决定法庭对他罪名的陈述 |
[50:46] | The failure. | 那种挫败 |
[50:48] | The humiliation. | 那种屈辱 |
[50:50] | For a man like Woodes Rogers, | 对一个像伍兹·罗杰斯那样的人来说 |
[50:52] | how difficult that will be– to sit helpless | 那会多么艰难 只能无力地旁观 |
[50:57] | while history records such an unflattering end | 历史记录下他原先光明一片的征途 |
[51:02] | to what was once such a promising story. | 最终的结局走向却是那样惨淡 |
[51:09] | I suppose what I’m asking is | 我的请求是 |
[51:11] | once the time comes to submit that affidavit, | 等到了递交证词的时候 |
[51:14] | I’d so love to help you write it. | 我非常愿意帮你写 |
[51:53] | Leave. | 你走 |
[51:57] | No. | 不 |
[52:01] | The treaty is being ratified. | 协议已经达成 |
[52:06] | The chiefs from the other camps will be leaving shortly | 其他营地的头目很快就会离开 |
[52:10] | along with the pirate crews. | 海盗团也会散去 |
[52:12] | The war is over. | 战争结束了 |
[52:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[52:32] | I don’t know why you did this. | 我不知道你为什么要这么做 |
[52:36] | But I know you did this. | 但我知道你做了什么 |
[52:40] | Sent me away from that island so I would not see it. | 把我从那座岛上送走 这样我就无法目睹 |
[52:44] | Emboldened Julius so I could not oppose it. | 为尤里乌斯助势 这样我就无法反对 |
[52:47] | Orchestrated it. | 你设计了一切 |
[52:52] | Don’t you dare insult me by denying this. | 你也别反驳这一切 这会是对我的侮辱 |
[52:59] | Flint’s war could only have one result. | 弗林特的战争只会有一个结果 |
[53:04] | A life of loss… | 失落和痛苦的 |
[53:06] | and misery… | 一生 |
[53:09] | and fruitless sacrifice. | 和无谓的牺牲 |
[53:11] | I had to stop it. | 我不得不阻止这一切 |
[53:12] | You had to stop it? | 你不得不阻止这一切 |
[53:14] | And I’m not sorry for it. | 我并不为此感到抱歉 |
[53:17] | I lost you once. | 我失去过你一次 |
[53:20] | I would not do it again. | 我再不会让历史重演 |
[53:28] | Captain Flint didn’t retire from this. | 弗林特船长并没有从中隐退 |
[53:32] | It was important that they heard that, | 重要的是他们这么听说了 |
[53:34] | but they didn’t know him like you do. | 但他们并不像你这么了解他 |
[53:38] | I won’t insult you by repeating it. | 我不会重复说一遍来侮辱你 |
[53:44] | He trusted you. | 他那么信任你 |
[53:46] | He was your friend. | 他是你的朋友 |
[53:49] | And you killed him. | 而你杀了他 |
[53:54] | No. | 不 |
[53:59] | I did not kill Captain Flint. | 我没杀弗林特船长 |
[54:04] | I unmade him. | 我让他恢复原状了 |
[54:12] | The man you know could never let go of his war. | 你认识的那个男人 无法放弃战争 |
[54:15] | For if he were to exclude it from himself, | 他若是不将其驱逐出自身 |
[54:18] | he would not be able to understand himself. | 他将永远无法了解自己 |
[54:23] | So I had to return him to an earlier state of being. | 我只能将他送回到早期的存在状态 |
[54:28] | One in which he could function without the war. | 在那里 他可以免受战争的控制 |
[54:32] | Without the violence. | 免受暴力的操控 |
[54:34] | Without us. | 免受我们的影响 |
[54:39] | Captain Flint was born out of great tragedy. | 弗林特船长的诞生是个灾难 |
[54:42] | You know this. | 你知道的 |
[54:44] | I told you this. | 我告诉过你 |
[54:48] | I found a way to reach into the past… | 我找到了通往过去的途径 |
[54:51] | and undo it. | 还能回到现在 |
[54:57] | 不为自己 为了他人 | |
[54:57] | There is a place near Savannah… | 萨凡纳附近有个地方 |
[55:01] | where men unjustly imprisoned in England are sent in secret. | 坐冤狱的英国犯人被秘密送往那里 |
[55:07] | An internment far more humane, | 远过于仁慈的收容所 |
[55:10] | but no less secure. | 但同等安全 |
[55:13] | Men who enter these gates never leave them. | 进入那大门的人将永远不想离开 |
[55:19] | To the rest of the world, they simply cease to be. | 对于世人而言 他们将不再改变 |
[55:27] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[55:29] | I don’t believe this. | 我不相信这些 |
[55:32] | Flint would have fought to the death before allowing it. | 弗林特宁愿战斗到死 也不会允许的 |
[55:35] | He resisted… | 他反抗了 |
[55:38] | at first. | 在一开始 |
[55:41] | But then I told him what else I had heard about this place. | 但我又把听到的关于那地方的其它传言告诉了他 |
[55:46] | I was told prominent families amongst London society made use of it. | 据说伦敦的显赫家族都利用了那地方 |
[55:52] | I was told the governor in Carolina made use of it. | 据说卡罗莱纳的总督也用了那地方 |
[55:57] | So I sent a man to find out | 因此我派人去查明 |
[55:59] | if they’d used it to hide away one particular prisoner. | 他们是否在那里藏匿一位特别的囚犯 |
[56:04] | He returned with news. | 他带着消息回来 |
[56:09] | Thomas Hamilton was there. | 托马斯·汉密尔顿曾在那儿 |
[56:14] | He disbelieved me. | 他怀疑我 |
[56:16] | He continued to resist. | 继续抵抗 |
[56:19] | And corralling him took great effort. | 我费了很大努力才控制住他 |
[56:24] | But the closer we got to Savannah, | 但随着我们离萨凡纳越来越近 |
[56:25] | his resistance began to diminish. | 他的抵抗逐渐平息 |
[56:29] | I couldn’t say why. | 我不能说出原因 |
[56:32] | I wasn’t expecting it. | 我也没想到 |
[56:35] | Perhaps he’d finally reached | 也许他终于达到了 |
[56:36] | the limits of his physical ability to fight. | 反抗的体能极限 |
[56:40] | Or perhaps as the promise of seeing Thomas got closer… | 又或者能见到托马斯的承诺越来越明显 |
[56:45] | he grew more comfortable letting go | 他能更容易地放手 |
[56:46] | of this man he created in response to his loss. | 放手这个他用来回应自己损失的男人 |
[56:52] | The man whose mind I had come to know so well… | 我对这男人的想法一清二楚 |
[56:58] | whose mind I’d in some ways incorporated into my own. | 甚至于某些程度上 我们的想法能合二为一 |
[57:05] | It was a strange experience to see something from it… | 因此从中发现如此意料之外的东西 |
[57:10] | so unexpected. | 实在是场奇妙的体验 |
[57:14] | I choose to believe it… | 我选择相信… |
[57:17] | because it wasn’t the man I had come to know at all… | 因为他根本不是一直以来我了解的那个男人 |
[57:22] | but one who existed beforehand… | 而是早就预先存在的 |
[57:26] | waking from a long… | 从一场漫长 |
[57:29] | and terrible nightmare. | 而又可怕的噩梦中醒来的人 |
[57:38] | Reorienting to the daylight… | 重新定义曙光和世界 |
[57:46] | and the world as it existed before he first closed his eyes… | 就像它们存在于他首次闭眼之前 |
[58:01] | letting the memory of the nightmare fade away. | 让噩梦的记忆逐渐消逝 |
[1:00:26] | You may think what you want of me. | 即便你想要我怎样 |
[1:00:31] | I will draw comfort in | 我将感到欣慰 |
[1:00:32] | the knowledge that you’re alive to think it. | 得知你能活着去想 |
[1:00:39] | But I’m not the villain you fear I am. | 但我不是你害怕的坏人 |
[1:00:44] | I’m not him. | 我不是他 |
[1:01:00] | You sent a man… | 你派人… |
[1:01:03] | to investigate this place? | 去调查了那个地方 |
[1:01:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:01:12] | And he did this and returned to Nassau… | 他调查之后 回到拿骚 |
[1:01:18] | all before the Spanish arrived? | 都是在西班牙人到来之前吗 |
[1:01:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:01:28] | You didn’t just betray my trust. | 你不仅背叛了我的信任 |
[1:01:35] | You have planned to betray it… | 你还一早就计划好了要背叛 |
[1:01:39] | all that time. | 筹划了这么长时间 |
[1:01:49] | Get out. | 出去 |
[1:01:57] | The pirates will be leaving here. | 海盗会离开此地 |
[1:02:00] | The chiefs. | 那些首领们 |
[1:02:05] | But I will stay. | 但我会留在这里 |
[1:02:08] | And I will wait. | 我会一直等待 |
[1:02:12] | A day… | 一天 |
[1:02:15] | a month… | 一月 |
[1:02:17] | a year… | 一年 |
[1:02:21] | forever… | 永远等下去 |
[1:02:26] | in the hopes that you will understand why I did what I did. | 心怀你能理解我为何这么做的希望 |
[1:02:34] | Get out. | 出去 |
[1:03:05] | A story is true. | 故事是真的 |
[1:03:08] | A story is untrue. | 故事是假的 |
[1:03:17] | As time extends, | 随着时间流逝 |
[1:03:18] | it matters less and less. | 将变得愈加不重要 |
[1:03:24] | The stories we want to believe… | 我们想相信的那些故事 |
[1:03:29] | those are the ones that survive, | 就是能留存下来的故事 |
[1:03:31] | despite upheaval and transition and progress. | 不论发生何种剧变 转化或进步 |
[1:03:41] | Those are the stories that shape history. | 那些就是塑造历史的故事 |
[1:03:47] | And then what does it matter if it was true when it was born? | 那么一开始历史是真是假又有什么关系 |
[1:03:50] | It’s found truth in its maturity, | 它在成熟中找到了真相 |
[1:03:55] | which if a virtue in man ought | 而这对于一个人来说 |
[1:03:56] | to be no less so for the things men create. | 其创造之物亦是如此 |
[1:04:00] | As this relates to your question specifically… | 因为这个跟你的问题有很大的关系 |
[1:04:09] | I’m sorry. Remind me, what was your question, specifically? | 抱歉 提醒我一下 你的问题是什么 |
[1:04:11] | – Long John Silver. – Long John Silver, yes. | -朗·约翰·西尔弗 -朗·约翰·西尔弗 对 |
[1:04:13] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[1:04:15] | I will go on from time to time, | 我时不时就会这样子 |
[1:04:16] | but generally in the service of thoroughness | 但一般来说可以叙事完整 |
[1:04:19] | and always with the best of intentions. | 并且总是出于一片好心 |
[1:04:21] | I appreciate your indulging me. | 感谢你的海量 |
[1:04:23] | No need. I was drawn in. | 没关系 我也被吸引了 |
[1:04:34] | Long John Silver’s story… | 朗·约翰·西尔弗的故事 |
[1:04:38] | is a hard one to know. | 非常不可思议 |
[1:04:46] | The men who believed most deeply in it… | 最深信不疑的人 |
[1:04:52] | were ultimately destroyed by it. | 最终反被其摧毁 |
[1:05:11] | And those who stood to benefit most from it… | 而那些总想从中获利的人 |
[1:05:16] | were the most eager to leave it all behind. | 却是最想把它忘得一干二净的人 |
[1:05:36] | Until all that remains of any of it | 直到流传下来的片段 |
[1:05:39] | are stories bearing only a passing resemblance | 和我们现在这个世界相比 |
[1:05:42] | to the world the rest of us lived in. | 已经面目全非 相似极少 |
[1:05:48] | A world we survived. | 一个苟活的世界 |
[1:05:53] | A world that is no more. | 一个不会再来的世界 |
[1:05:58] | I hear it ain’t altogether over. | 我听说还没有彻底结束 |
[1:06:01] | I hear there are still men on the account here | 我听说还有人在总督的保佑下 |
[1:06:04] | under the blessing of the governor. | 重操旧业 |
[1:06:06] | I hear he allows for it | 我听说只要有助于 |
[1:06:09] | as long as it helps drive up prices for the merchants here. | 商业的发展 这就是能够被容许的 |
[1:06:14] | I hear he allows you to continue the practice. | 我听说他允许你继续做海盗 |
[1:06:19] | That’s why I came. | 这就是我来的目的 |
[1:06:23] | Two things you must know | 如果你想在我们这里 |
[1:06:24] | if you’re gonna be spending time here with us. | 花时间搞研究 你必须知道两件事 |
[1:06:26] | One, the governor. | 一 总督 |
[1:06:28] | Lovely man. Dear friend. | 好人 亲爱的朋友 |
[1:06:30] | Might be the hero given credit for the Maroon truce, | 也许是放逐者休战一事的大英雄 |
[1:06:33] | bringing peace to the West Indies, | 把和平带到了西印度群岛 |
[1:06:36] | and finally, at long last, bringing law and order to Nassau. | 最终彻底地在拿骚开启了法律与秩序之风 |
[1:06:43] | But let’s just say he had some help. | 但还是要说的是他也受到了一些帮助 |
[1:06:45] | And the true power here | 而这里真正掌握实权的 |
[1:06:47] | is a little more complicated than that. | 其实比我说的要再复杂一点点 |
[1:07:05] | And two, | 二 |
[1:07:07] | there is, by law… | 根据法律 |
[1:07:11] | and strict enforcement of the administration, | 和严格的执法 |
[1:07:15] | no piracy in Nassau. | 拿骚不再有海盗行为 |
[1:07:16] | Not anymore. Not ever. | 永远不会再有了 |
[1:07:20] | It’s critical for commerce. | 这对商业至关重要 |
[1:07:21] | This is known to the world. | 这是世人皆知的 |
[1:07:25] | Meet me at the jetty. | 码头见 |
[1:07:43] | Are we ready to depart? | 准备好出发了吗 |
[1:07:54] | Don’t remember talking about bringing on new people. | 不记得你说过要带别人来 |
[1:07:57] | Ah, we didn’t. | 是没说过 |
[1:07:59] | Oh, I know we didn’t. | 我知道 |
[1:08:01] | He’s come from the continent. | 他是从欧洲大陆来的 |
[1:08:03] | Served with the regulars in the war. | 和正规军一起打过仗 |
[1:08:08] | Mark. Mark Read. | 马可 马可·里德 |
[1:08:24] | You could be more welcoming to new people. | 你可以对新人再客气一点 |
[1:08:26] | Would it hurt? | 很难吗 |
[1:08:28] | Planning on bringing them all on? | 打算把他们全都带上船吗 |
[1:08:30] | All of who? | 把谁全带上 |
[1:08:34] | All the fools that have heard | 把听说你可能知道 |
[1:08:35] | you may know where to find Captain Flint’s treasure. | 到哪能找到弗林特船长的宝藏的蠢货都带上 |
[1:08:39] | The ones thinking you may go looking for it again. | 以为你也许会再次去搜寻宝藏的人 |
[1:08:43] | Thinking you’ll make them rich. | 以为你会让他们暴富 |
[1:08:46] | The ones I worry might just convince you to do it. | 我担心也许就是他们说服你再试一次 |
[1:08:52] | I’ve chased Captain Flint’s treasure. | 我追索过弗林特船长的宝藏 |
[1:08:54] | I’ve had Captain Flint’s treasure. | 我曾占有过弗林特船长的宝藏 |
[1:08:56] | It never ends well. | 从没有个好结果 |
[1:08:59] | Rather than rush off after it again… | 不能再次失手了 |
[1:09:02] | maybe let’s just do this a while longer. | 也许咱们找的时间再长一点 |
[1:09:06] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[1:09:11] | Oh, is that it? | 是那个吗 |
[1:09:19] | Still don’t understand what was wrong with the one we had. | 还是不能理解我们现在这个怎么不行了 |
[1:09:24] | Because what’s it all for if it goes unremembered? | 因为如果不能被人记住的话还有什么意义呢 |
[1:09:28] | It’s the art that leaves the mark. | 留下印记才是艺术 |
[1:09:32] | But to leave it, it must transcend. | 但要想留下印记 必须是最好的 |
[1:09:36] | It must speak for itself. | 它要能为自己开口说话 |
[1:09:43] | It must be true. | 它一定得是真实的 |
[1:10:01] | It’s fine. | 不错 |
[1:10:06] | It’s fine. | 不错 |
[1:10:10] | Get us underway. | 准备好出发了 |