时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Your plan failed. | 你的计划失败了 |
[00:13] | We’re moving on to my plan. | 现在按我的计划来 |
[00:15] | Go get it. Bring it up here right now. | 你去 现在就把东西带上来 |
[00:16] | Go get what? | 去干什么 |
[00:19] | We had it in our hands. | 我们本来大势在握 |
[00:21] | This war was breathing air. It was alive. | 这场战争本来一触即发 必打无疑 |
[00:23] | Do not ask me to choose between a war and a wife. | 别叫我在战争和妻子之间做抉择 |
[00:26] | Skeleton Island, | 骷髅岛 |
[00:27] | well outside the established trade route. | 在所有已建立的商路范围之外 |
[00:30] | It’s no accident that Billy chose it– | 比利的选择并不意外 |
[00:31] | a place likely to put us all out of balance. | 一个有可能让我们失去平衡的地方 |
[00:35] | That man, I have it on good authority, | 据可靠消息 那个男人 |
[00:37] | claims to have been to Skeleton Island, and can show us the way. | 声称去过骷髅岛 可以带我们过去 |
[00:41] | I find myself in need of a new partner. | 我觉得我需要一个新的搭档 |
[00:44] | If our cause is to survive, | 如果我们的目标是为了活命 |
[00:46] | some of us must find a way to keep our wits about us | 我们中一定要有人找到保持理智的方法 |
[00:49] | on behalf of those who cannot. | 为了那些意志力薄弱的人 |
[00:52] | I sent six of my men after him. | 我派了六个人追捕他 |
[00:55] | I instructed them to kill Captain Flint. | 我叫他们杀掉弗林特船长 |
[03:21] | What are we looking at? | 我们在看什么 |
[03:24] | Nassau. | 拿骚 |
[03:26] | Thereabouts. | 那个方向 |
[03:28] | A few days over the horizon, | 离这里只有几天的船程 |
[03:30] | just waiting for us. | 正等待着我们 |
[03:34] | Can’t you see it? | 你看不到吗 |
[03:38] | After I just climbed that fucking hill, | 我辛辛苦苦爬山上来 |
[03:40] | are you being serious right now? | 你是在跟我开玩笑吗 |
[03:46] | In a few weeks time, | 几周之后 |
[03:49] | I will lead a pirate fleet | 我就会带领一支 |
[03:50] | of unprecedented strength over that horizon | 空前强大的海盗舰队 |
[03:53] | into a battle of unprecedented importance. | 投入一场史上最重要的战争 |
[03:58] | With a little luck, | 运气好的话 |
[04:00] | that battle will end with | 战争结束后 |
[04:01] | us taking Nassau and beginning a revolution. | 我们将占领拿骚 开启革命 |
[04:06] | I cannot do it without you. | 没有你 我做不到 |
[04:11] | So it would benefit all involved, you not the least, | 所以如果战争打响时 |
[04:14] | if, when the battle begins, you aren’t killed by the first fool | 你不被第一个拿刀砍你的笨蛋杀死的话 |
[04:17] | lucky enough to swing a sword your way. | 那对大家都有好处 尤其对你自己 |
[04:22] | You wanna teach me to fight? | 你想教我怎么战斗吗 |
[04:24] | I know you know how to fight. | 我知道你懂得战斗 |
[04:26] | I want to teach you how to fight and not die. | 我想教你如何在战斗后还能活下来 |
[04:32] | You’ll have more control with that. | 用上那个你会更灵活 |
[04:36] | I know how you feel about being seen without the leg, | 我知道你很在意被别人看到你缺了条腿 |
[04:39] | but when the fighting truly begins, | 但当进入战斗时 |
[04:42] | all that matters is what makes for the greatest… | 最重要的是发挥最大的… |
[04:46] | advantage. | 优势 |
[04:50] | The men… | 其他人 |
[04:53] | I have to manage how they see me. | 我要塑造自己在他们眼中的形象 |
[04:57] | I understand that’s part of my job. | 我知道那是我的工作 |
[05:00] | But for pride to be an issue between you and I… | 但让自尊心成为你我之间的阻碍 |
[05:04] | well, I– | 我… |
[05:06] | I think we’re playing past that by now. | 我觉得我们早就过了那个阶段 |
[05:08] | Don’t you? | 你同意吗 |
[05:27] | Do you really imagine a few weeks of this | 你真的认为这样练习几周 |
[05:29] | is going to make much of a difference? | 能起什么作用吗 |
[05:31] | Am I not what I am at this point? | 此时的我还不够强大吗 |
[05:34] | It’s better than nothing. | 总比不练好 |
[05:39] | Right. | 好了 |
[05:44] | You’re not concerned about this? | 你不为此担心吗 |
[05:46] | Concerned? | 担心 |
[05:49] | Well, you say you’ll be teaching me to fight. | 你说你要教我如何战斗 |
[05:52] | But if every man fights differently, | 但如果每个人招式不一样 |
[05:54] | seems to me what you’ll really be teaching me | 那你教会我的就只是 |
[05:57] | is how to defeat you. | 击败你的方法 |
[06:03] | I’ll take my chances. | 我愿意冒这个险 |
[06:06] | Shall we? | 开始吧 |
[06:46] | Tell me you know where they are. | 告诉我你知道他们在哪儿 |
[06:48] | Laid eyes on Flint and the other just as we entered the trees. | 我们进入树林时看到了弗林特和其他人 |
[06:51] | At some distance, but we saw them. | 有点距离 但是我们看到他们了 |
[06:54] | Sent the men after them. | 已经派人去追了 |
[06:56] | Carrying that chest, they won’t get far. | 带着那个箱子 他们跑不了多远 |
[06:57] | Well, Flint doesn’t need to get far. | 弗林特不需要跑多远 |
[07:01] | All he needs is to bury that gold somewhere unknown | 他只要把金子埋在某个不为人知的地方 |
[07:03] | and he’s won. | 他就赢了 |
[07:06] | How long did he give you? | 他给了你多长时间 |
[07:08] | The governor. | 总督 |
[07:10] | He said I have till sunrise tomorrow to return the cache. | 他说我得在明天日出之前拿回宝箱 |
[07:13] | But I don’t think we’re going to have that long. | 但是我觉得我们没那么长时间 |
[07:15] | He gave me the time for his benefit, not mine. | 这个时限有利于他行动 不是我 |
[07:18] | He’s preparing to make a move. | 他在准备采取行动 |
[07:22] | I know not what, but he’s preparing for it. | 我不知道是什么 但是他在为其做准备 |
[07:25] | And there’s little I can do about it until I secure that chest | 我现在做不了什么 直到我取回宝箱 |
[07:27] | and have it to bargain with. | 有了谈判的筹码 |
[07:53] | Which one of them is going to prevail? | 他们中哪个会获得胜利 |
[07:58] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[08:00] | Mr. Silver assures me he can retrieve the cache from Flint | 西尔弗先生向我保证他能从弗林特那取回宝箱 |
[08:03] | and resume our transaction on its original terms. | 并照原计划完成我们的交易 |
[08:07] | If he is incorrect… | 如果他错了 |
[08:11] | I will have some difficult choices to make. | 那我就得做出一些艰难的抉择了 |
[08:16] | You know the two of them. | 你了解他们两个人 |
[08:18] | Now that they’re facing each other as opponents, | 现在他们互相敌对 |
[08:19] | I’m asking what sort of outcome I should expect. | 我想问你我会等到什么样的结果 |
[08:24] | Silver has the men. | 西尔弗有人手 |
[08:27] | And… | 还有 |
[08:28] | Flint is on his own out there and disadvantaged. | 弗林特是孤身一人 情况对他不利 |
[08:35] | That said… | 即便如此 |
[08:38] | Flint’s been on his own and disadvantaged | 自我认识弗林特以来 |
[08:40] | countless times since I’ve known him. | 他曾无数次孤身一人 面临无数次不利情况 |
[08:44] | And here we are. | 但现在我们还在对付他 |
[08:50] | Suppose what I’m saying is… | 我的意思是 |
[08:53] | if I were you, I would assume the worst… | 如果我是你的话 我会做最坏的打算 |
[08:57] | and act accordingly now while you know you still can. | 趁现在还来得及 采取相应的措施 |
[09:09] | My lord, the mist is heavy. | 大人 雾气很重 |
[09:13] | It may be our best chance to move | 或许现在是我们行动的最好时机 |
[09:14] | with minimal casualties. | 可以最大程度减少人员伤亡 |
[09:31] | I’d like to see her again. | 我要再见见她 |
[09:35] | She’ll never accept your offer. | 她绝对不会接受你的提议的 |
[09:36] | You are, for now, a necessary evil here. | 就当下来说 那就要你来扮这个恶人了 |
[09:41] | Do not test my patience. | 不要挑战我的耐心 |
[09:46] | Bring her up from below. | 把她从下面带上来 |
[09:49] | Now. | 马上 |
[10:08] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[10:10] | We tracked him this far, | 我们追踪他到这里 |
[10:11] | but the trail splits in two. | 但是从这儿开始有了两条踪迹 |
[10:13] | Well, it seems he may intend to divide our numbers, | 看上去他想故意分散我们的人手 |
[10:16] | improve his chances. | 增加他的胜算 |
[10:18] | If they say you know his mind as if it were your own, | 如果正如他们所说 你对他了如指掌 |
[10:20] | we thought you might have a better idea | 我们想你可能比我们更清楚 |
[10:22] | which way he went than we could. | 他走的是哪条道 |
[10:25] | How in the fuck would I know which way he decided to go? | 我怎么知道他会走哪条路 |
[10:28] | All Flint needs is an hour, maybe less, | 弗林特只需要一个小时 甚至更少的时间 |
[10:31] | to conceal that chest in a way we couldn’t hope to recover. | 把宝箱藏起来 让我们无法找到 |
[10:34] | Every moment we stand here deliberating | 我们站在这儿考虑的每一刻 |
[10:36] | is a moment closer to his victory. | 都离他的成功更近一步 |
[10:39] | The three of you, that way. | 你们三个 走那边 |
[10:41] | You, the other trail now! | 剩下的走另一条道 快 |
[10:53] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[10:54] | Flint likely seeks to separate them, gain an advantage. | 弗林特很有可能是在分散他们 获取优势 |
[10:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:02] | So it’s likely you’ve just sent | 所以很有可能你刚刚 |
[11:04] | one of those two groups to their death. | 让其中一队人送死去了 |
[11:09] | As long as they expose his position. | 只要他们能让他暴露行踪 |
[11:14] | I wonder if he knows… | 我倒想知道他是否知道 |
[11:16] | just how much you learned from him. | 你从他那里学了多少 |
[11:39] | Your opponent’s wrist is from whence the attack is born. | 你的对手的手腕是进攻发起的点 |
[11:43] | It is its past tense from which it cannot separate itself. | 那是无法独立出来的过去时态 |
[11:47] | The end of the blade, where the attack arrives, | 剑尖是进攻抵达的地方 |
[11:51] | is its present tense, | 是现在时 |
[11:52] | which also cannot be denied. | 这也是无可否认的 |
[11:56] | You’re still watching my eyes, | 你还直视着我的双眼 |
[11:57] | which is a good way of getting yourself killed. | 这的确是个找死的好办法 |
[12:01] | How exactly is one supposed to watch | 一个人怎样才能做到 |
[12:02] | two points in space at the same time? | 同时看着不同的两处呢 |
[12:05] | Practice. | 多练 |
[12:07] | All warfare is the same. | 所有战争也是一样的道理 |
[12:09] | Two questions are of paramount importance– | 需要考虑两个至关重要的问题 |
[12:11] | who was my opponent yesterday, | 谁是我昨日之敌 |
[12:13] | and who is he today? | 而他今日又是谁 |
[12:14] | Answer those two questions, and there is very little he can… | 要能答上这两个问题 他就很难再 |
[12:23] | hide from you. | 隐瞒什么了 |
[12:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:31] | Who you were. | 你是谁 |
[12:37] | I have no idea who you were. | 我根本不知道你是谁 |
[12:42] | Not before we found you, at any rate. | 至少不知道我们找到你之前你的身份 |
[12:45] | Jesus Christ, | 我的上帝啊 |
[12:47] | don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[12:49] | If you want to know where I come from, just ask. | 你想知道我从哪儿来 问就行 |
[12:53] | I think I just did. | 我刚就问了 |
[12:58] | You know all there is to know. | 该知道的你都知道了 |
[13:00] | I was born in Whitechapel, never knew my mother. | 我出生在怀特查佩尔 从没见过我妈 |
[13:05] | I had a wholly unremarkable youth. | 度过了默默无闻的青年时期 |
[13:07] | – Spent most of it at a home for– – Home for boys. | -大部分时间都呆在男 -男校 |
[13:09] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[13:11] | You, uh– you told me once or twice of your experiences there. | 你 你跟我说过一两次你在那儿的经历 |
[13:18] | Except it isn’t true. | 只是这不是真的 |
[13:20] | Is it? | 对吗 |
[13:24] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[13:27] | I remember when you first told me, | 我记得你第一次这么说的时候 |
[13:29] | it sounded like a… invention. | 听起来很像 捏造的 |
[13:33] | About one story that bled into others | 就是个关于融入集体的老套路 |
[13:34] | I’d heard told elsewhere to the crew. | 类似的故事我听过 也和船员们讲过 |
[13:39] | I didn’t think much of it at the time. | 当时我没想太多 |
[13:40] | I suppose I assumed that | 我当时想着 |
[13:42] | if you ever became somebody worth knowing, | 假如你是个值得深交的人 |
[13:44] | I’d learn the truth of it eventually. | 我迟早会知道真相的 |
[13:47] | Only… | 只是 |
[13:49] | in this moment, I’m realizing that never happened. | 此刻 我才意识到真相从未到来 |
[13:56] | And what is of some concern to me is that… | 让我有所顾虑的是 |
[13:59] | despite how invested we each are in the future of the other… | 尽管我们彼此的未来已经如此密不可分 |
[14:05] | you just told me that story again. | 你还是只告诉我这个版本 |
[14:10] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[14:21] | It isn’t important. | 我的过去并不重要 |
[14:26] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:28] | Although, you know that isn’t true either. | 但是 你也知道这点同样不是真的 |
[14:33] | Why isn’t it true? | 哪儿不对了 |
[14:37] | I’m sorry, the more I try and dismiss this, I… | 抱歉 我越是努力不去想这件事 我 |
[14:47] | You know my story. | 你知道我的过去 |
[14:51] | Thomas, Miranda, all of it. | 托马斯 米兰达 所有 |
[14:55] | Know the role it played in motivating me | 你知道他们是如何影响我 |
[14:58] | to do the things that I’ve done, | 驱使我去做我做过的事 |
[15:00] | the things I will do. | 和我将做的事 |
[15:04] | It has made me transparent to you. | 我在你面前无所遁形 |
[15:10] | Not only that, but when I told you this story, | 不止如此 我跟你讲这些的时候 |
[15:12] | you insinuated yourself into it. | 你还巧妙地影射自己是 |
[15:16] | The latest in a line of ill-fated partners, | 我最新交的患难之交 |
[15:19] | situating yourself such that | 将自己置于不败之地 |
[15:21] | were you and I ever to come to blows… | 设若到了我们之间兵戎相见的那天 |
[15:28] | I’d be forced to hesitate before doing you any harm. | 我也会犹豫要不要伤害你 |
[15:34] | – Slow down, I– – I’m not angry with you. | -等下 我 -我不是生你的气 |
[15:37] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[15:40] | you know my story. | 你知道我的过去 |
[15:43] | And for some reason, I cannot figure… | 出于某些原因 我看不穿 |
[15:45] | I don’t want you to know mine. | 我不想你知道我的过去 |
[15:56] | Wait a minute. | 你等等 |
[15:58] | I– I understand your concern. | 我 我能理解你的顾虑 |
[16:02] | I just… | 我只是 |
[16:08] | We’ll resume tomorrow. Is that all right? | 我们明天再说吧 好吗 |
[16:32] | We found him. | 找到他了 |
[16:36] | I don’t see the chest. | 我没看到箱子 |
[16:38] | Track marks go back 200 yards. | 追踪标记从后面200码的位置开始 |
[16:42] | He dragged it here. | 他拖到这儿的 |
[16:46] | Should we fetch Mr. Hands? | 我们要通知汉兹先生吗 |
[18:03] | We should head back. | 我们应该回去 |
[19:33] | You sailed with Avery. | 你和艾弗里一起出过海 |
[19:39] | Long time ago. | 很久以前 |
[19:41] | 20 years? | 20年 |
[19:44] | More, even, maybe? | 可能甚至更久 |
[19:47] | More, aye. | 确实更久 |
[19:53] | You do know where you’re going, yes? | 你知道你要去哪儿 对吧 |
[20:02] | No, seriously, I’ve got quite a lot riding on this. | 不 认真的 我基本上就仰仗这个了 |
[20:06] | One day, you’ll leave the account. | 有一天 你会离开这行 |
[20:10] | Take a wife, father children. | 娶妻生子 |
[20:14] | See less and less of the sea | 越来越少见到海 |
[20:16] | until she becomes like a painting hanging on the wall, | 直到她变得就像墙上的一幅画 |
[20:20] | static and irrelevant | 安静并脱离了 |
[20:24] | to your daily existence. | 你的日常生活 |
[20:29] | But she’ll keep on calling you. | 但她会一直召唤着你 |
[20:33] | And when she does, | 当她召唤之时 |
[20:35] | you’ll step into that painting | 你会走进画里 |
[20:37] | and feel the swell beneath your feet. | 感受你脚下的起伏 |
[20:41] | It’ll all come back | 一切都会回来 |
[20:43] | as if it were like yesterday. | 恍若昨日 |
[20:47] | Is that so? | 是那样吗 |
[20:52] | I’ve watched you and yours | 我观察过你和你的手下 |
[20:54] | handle the account since I and mine left it. | 在我和我的人离开后干着这行 |
[20:59] | Accomplish things that no one I ever sailed with | 实现了和我一起出海的人 |
[21:04] | could dream of. | 不敢想象的成就 |
[21:06] | From what I’ve overheard, | 我听说 |
[21:09] | if you reach Skeleton Island, | 如果你到了骷髅岛 |
[21:12] | might mean the end of the governor. | 或许总督的日子也就到头了 |
[21:17] | Maybe keep the account alive a little while longer. | 或许海盗还不会那么快消失殆尽 |
[21:23] | Is that so? | 是那样吗 |
[21:26] | That and more. | 比那更甚 |
[21:33] | Then I’ll take you to it. | 那我就带你去 |
[21:36] | Hold on to this for as long as you can | 尽可能地坚持久一点 |
[21:40] | for all of us who once had it | 为了我们所有曾经拥有 |
[21:42] | and walked away. | 又离开了的人 |
[22:08] | You have no idea the restraint this takes. | 你不知道这需要多强的克制力 |
[22:15] | How urgent the instinct towards violence. | 多么急迫地想要诉诸暴力 |
[22:19] | How certain the conviction that it would be deserved, | 多么确定你是罪有应得 |
[22:22] | given what you and your partners have destroyed, | 鉴于你和你的同伴破坏的东西 |
[22:27] | what you’ve taken from me. | 你从我身上夺走的东西 |
[22:34] | To me, | 对我而言 |
[22:36] | compromise seems a loathsome, unbearable act. | 和解似乎是可憎且难以忍受的行为 |
[22:41] | What compromise can there be | 要如何与那个 |
[22:43] | with the man responsible for the death of my wife? | 害死我妻子的人和解 |
[22:49] | Or with those who would follow him? | 或者与那些会追随他的人和解 |
[22:58] | You’re luckier than you know… | 你比你所知的更幸运 |
[23:06] | …so much luckier than you know | 幸运得多 |
[23:09] | that in this moment I can still hear | 以至于此刻我仍然能听到 |
[23:11] | the faintest of voices in my head | 我脑中最微弱的声音 |
[23:13] | arguing against the alternative. | 告诉我不要和解 |
[23:19] | If I must compromise to avert a dark end, | 如果我必须和解才能避免黑暗的结局 |
[23:24] | then so must you. | 那你也必须如此 |
[23:28] | I’ve offered you freedom for your people. | 我已向你奉上你手下的自由 |
[23:29] | I have offered you more than you have any right to expect. | 我给了你远超你所能期望的东西 |
[23:33] | And still, you will not say yes. | 然而 你还是不同意 |
[23:38] | So I come to you one last time | 所以我最后一次来找你 |
[23:41] | to ensure you cannot say no. | 确保你不能拒绝 |
[23:46] | – Accept the treaty… – I will consider no treaty of yours. | -接受协议 -我不会考虑你的协议 |
[23:49] | …and John Silver lives. | 约翰·西尔弗就能活命 |
[23:54] | Refuse… | 拒绝 |
[23:58] | and he dies… | 他就会死 |
[24:01] | along with the rest of the men who followed him here. | 还有所有剩下的追随他来到这里的人 |
[24:06] | And from what I understand, | 据我所知 |
[24:08] | he is the one who matters most to you. | 他是对你来说最重要的人 |
[24:12] | The one with whom you might lead a life | 如果此刻你能把你的自尊放到一边 |
[24:14] | if you can set aside your pride in this moment. | 你们俩也许还能有机会在一起生活 |
[24:23] | Do not make the same mistake I did. | 不要和我犯同样的错误 |
[24:29] | Do the deal. | 接受吧 |
[24:34] | The voice you hear in your head… | 你脑海中的声音 |
[24:38] | I imagine I know who it sounds like, | 我知道那听上去是谁的主意 |
[24:41] | as I know Eleanor wanted those things. | 因为我知道埃莉诺想要这些 |
[24:45] | But I hear other voices. | 但我听到了不同的声音 |
[24:50] | A chorus of voices. | 一堆声音 |
[24:52] | Multitudes. | 许多不同的声音 |
[24:56] | They reach back centuries. | 回荡了千百年之久 |
[25:01] | Men and women and children who’d lost their lives | 多少男男女女和儿童在你这样的人手里 |
[25:07] | to men like you. | 失去了生命 |
[25:10] | Men and women and children | 多少男男女女和儿童 |
[25:13] | forced to wear your chains. | 被迫戴上你的枷锁 |
[25:17] | I must answer to them. | 我必须给他们一个交代 |
[25:19] | And this war. | 至于这场战争 |
[25:22] | Their war. | 他们的战争 |
[25:24] | Flint’s war. | 弗林特的战争 |
[25:26] | My war. | 我的战争 |
[25:29] | It will not be bargained away to avoid a fight, | 它是不会为了救约翰·西尔弗或他手下 |
[25:33] | to save John Silver’s life or his men’s or mine. | 或是我的命 而通过交易去避免的 |
[25:42] | And you believe what you will, | 不管你有多么坚信 |
[25:45] | but it was neither I nor Flint | 但你的妻子不是被我或是弗林特 |
[25:49] | nor the Spanish raider who killed your wife. | 或是西班牙强盗杀死的 |
[25:54] | That, you did. | 而是被你害死的 |
[26:06] | Sergeant. | 中士 |
[26:14] | Take her below. | 把她带下去 |
[26:33] | – Are your men ready? – They are, my lord. | -你的人准备好了吗 -准备好了 大人 |
[26:34] | Then we move now. | 那我们现在行动 |
[26:36] | Ready the launches. | 准备出发 |
[27:07] | – Any sign of them? – No. | -有他们的踪影吗 -没有 |
[27:09] | Nor the chest, nor any trail for either. | 也没发现宝箱 或是宝箱的踪迹 |
[27:15] | We should move. | 我们该走了 |
[27:16] | Move where? | 走去哪 |
[27:19] | Flint’s almost certainly disposed of the cache by now. | 弗林特此时应该已经安置好宝箱了 |
[27:22] | For all we know, he’s headed back to the Walrus as we speak. | 我猜他正在回海象号的路上 |
[27:26] | Leverages his sole knowledge of the chest’s location | 利用他知道宝箱位置这一点 |
[27:29] | to gain control of the men. | 控制船员 |
[27:31] | Then maybe attempts to rescue Madi, maybe not. | 然后也许会去救马迪 也或许不救 |
[27:34] | Maybe he’s already factored her death into this. | 也许他已经把她的死算在里面了 |
[27:38] | A martyr to feed the cause. | 一个为了成就大业的殉道者 |
[27:42] | Fuck him… | 去他的 |
[27:46] | for dictating this outcome to me, | 竟然给我弄出这么个结果 |
[27:49] | for swearing his friendship falsely to me, | 竟然背叛了我的友谊 |
[27:53] | for his arrogance, | 去他的傲慢 |
[27:56] | his indifference. | 去他的冷漠 |
[28:00] | So, what are you gonna do about it? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[28:04] | You’ve been warned so many times… | 你多次收到警告 |
[28:07] | by Billy, by me, by Flint’s own actions. | 比利和我的警告 弗林特的行为的警示 |
[28:10] | And despite that, despite this, | 尽管有那些 尽管发生了这些 |
[28:13] | I think when we meet him again, | 但我觉得当我们再碰到他时 |
[28:15] | you will look for reasons to forget it all again. | 你还是会选择性地忘掉这些警告 |
[28:19] | You’ve come all this way, traveled all this distance, | 你一路走来 历经了种种 |
[28:23] | and when he starts talking, | 但当他一说话 |
[28:24] | you won’t have learned a goddamn thing. | 你还是不长记性 |
[28:33] | We’ve come all this way. | 我们一路走来 |
[28:38] | How far are we from where the paths split? | 我们离分岔路有多远 |
[28:42] | Two hundred yards, give or take. | 大概两百码吧 |
[28:45] | More. | 不止 |
[28:50] | He never would have got this far | 他带着宝箱 |
[28:51] | ahead of your men carrying that chest. | 不可能走在你的人前面这么远 |
[28:56] | The chest was never here. | 宝箱从来就不在这里 |
[29:01] | He left it behind. | 他把它留在后面了 |
[29:16] | You think they’ll figure it out that we dropped it down here? | 你觉得他们会发现我们把它从这里丢下来了吗 |
[29:19] | We need to get it in the ground. | 我们得把它带回地面 |
[29:21] | Come on. | 加油 |
[29:32] | Heard some talk in the camp before we left. | 出发之前 我在营地听到一些言论 |
[29:35] | They were talking about what happens when it’s over– | 他们在讨论一切都结束之后会发生什么 |
[29:38] | if the war ends up what everyone says it will be– | 如果这场战争最后变成像大家说的那样 |
[29:40] | about the spoils we all stand to gain from it. | 我们都将从中获益 |
[29:43] | But what you’re talking about is bigger than that, isn’t it? | 但你说的是更大的事 对吧 |
[29:48] | But if we succeed– if we are to succeed | 如果我们成功 如果我们要成功 |
[29:50] | and leave this island with the alliance intact, | 离开这座岛 保留我们联盟的完好 |
[29:54] | I’m having a hard time seeing how Mr. Silver | 我很难想象西尔弗先生 |
[29:55] | can be a part of that now. | 会继续留在其中 |
[29:58] | He’ll come round. | 他会想通的 |
[30:00] | Once she’s safe, | 等她安全了 |
[30:02] | then he’ll be able to see things clearly again. | 他就又能够看清了 |
[30:05] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[30:06] | If not, if he needs to go… | 如果不是 如果他要走 |
[30:11] | You’re too important to what | 你对于接下来的事太重要了 |
[30:12] | comes next to have to bear a burden like that. | 不能让你承受这样的重担 |
[30:18] | So, when the time comes, I’ll do it. | 所以 到时候 我会去做 |
[30:29] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[30:31] | You’re still leaning forward. | 你还是向前倾了 |
[30:33] | Let’s go again. | 再来一遍吧 |
[30:40] | I have no story to tell. | 我没什么故事好说的 |
[30:50] | It all might seem as though I’m trying | 也许看起来我在 |
[30:51] | to conceal something from you, but… | 隐瞒什么 但是 |
[30:55] | truth is… | 事实上 |
[30:58] | there is no story to tell. | 我没什么好说的 |
[31:04] | No one’s past is that unremarkable. | 没有人的过去是那么不值一提的 |
[31:10] | Not unremarkable, just… | 不是不值一提 只是 |
[31:14] | without relevance. | 不相关 |
[31:24] | A long time ago, I absolved myself | 很久以前 我就把自己 |
[31:25] | from the obligation of finding any. | 从这种寻找中解脱了 |
[31:28] | No need to account for all my life’s events | 没必要去细数我生命中的事件 |
[31:31] | in the context of a story that somehow… | 来作为定义我的故事的 |
[31:35] | defines me. | 一部分 |
[31:37] | Events, some of which, no one could divine any meaning from… | 这些事件 有些没人能知道有什么意义 |
[31:42] | other than that the world is a place of unending horrors. | 除了这个世界是个无尽恐怖的地方 |
[31:51] | I’ve come to peace with the knowledge | 我接受了这种设定 |
[31:53] | that there is no storyteller | 没有讲故事的人 |
[31:56] | imposing any coherence, | 强加相关性 |
[31:59] | nor sense, nor grace upon those events. | 没有感情 也不带恩情于这些事件上 |
[32:04] | Therefore, there’s no duty on my part to search for it. | 因此 我没有责任去搜寻它 |
[32:10] | You know of me all I can bear to be known. | 你知道的我就是我愿意让人知道的我 |
[32:14] | All that is relevant to be known. | 所有相关的我 |
[32:18] | That is to say, you know my genuine friendship | 也就是说 你知道我真挚的友情 |
[32:21] | and loyalty. | 还有忠诚 |
[32:30] | Can that be enough and there still be trust between us? | 那样足够了吗 我们还能信任彼此吗 |
[32:49] | Again. | 再来 |
[33:13] | We’re nearing the turn point. | 我们接近转点了 |
[33:15] | Good. | 很好 |
[33:16] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[33:19] | Once the range marks align, | 只要距离标记对齐 |
[33:21] | we’ll have a sense what direction we’re to head in | 我们就能知道我们去岛上 |
[33:23] | to reach the island. | 所需的方向了 |
[33:27] | How far out, do you think? | 还有多远 你觉得 |
[33:31] | could be a few days, | 可能还要几天 |
[33:33] | maybe less. | 可能更少 |
[33:40] | When we sailed for the Urca gold, | 当我们向厄卡号金币进发时 |
[33:44] | I remember something of this feeling. | 我记得这种感觉 |
[33:47] | So much to be gained. | 可以得到如此之多 |
[33:51] | But this is different, | 但这不一样 |
[33:53] | isn’t it? | 对吧 |
[33:54] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[33:55] | Well, then, | 那么 |
[33:58] | even a complete and thorough success | 就算完全彻底的成功 |
[34:00] | meant a qualified victory. | 也不过是勉强的胜利 |
[34:03] | On some level, whether we were prepared | 某种程度上 无论我们是否 |
[34:05] | to acknowledge it out loud or not, | 准备好公开承认 |
[34:06] | I believe we both knew the fortune would likely cause | 我相信我们都知道这笔财富很可能会造成 |
[34:09] | as many problems as it would solve. | 跟它能解决的一样多的问题 |
[34:12] | But now, | 但现在 |
[34:13] | if that man out there can fulfill his promise to us, | 如果那人能履行他对我们的承诺 |
[34:17] | if we can prevail over Flint and the governor– | 如果我们能胜过弗林特和总督 |
[34:21] | and I feel we can– | 我也感觉我们能 |
[34:24] | I don’t know why, but I feel it. | 我不知为何 但我能感觉到 |
[34:28] | Am I mad? | 我疯了吗 |
[34:30] | Tell me. I’m asking. | 回答我 我在问你话呢 |
[34:35] | I don’t think you are. | 我觉得没有 |
[34:37] | I’ve… | 我也… |
[34:40] | thought the same thing. | 这样想过 |
[34:45] | The result ahead of us | 我们前面的结果 |
[34:47] | promises to be a victory | 肯定会是一种 |
[34:49] | of a different sort. | 不同的胜利 |
[34:52] | A true victory. | 真正的胜利 |
[34:56] | Freedom… | 自由 |
[35:00] | in every sense of the word. | 不折不扣的自由 |
[35:06] | How many men in the history of the world have ever known it? | 历史中有多少人曾知道 |
[35:12] | How remarkable a moment is this? | 这一刻有多了不起 |
[35:16] | How fortunate are we to be standing on the threshold of it? | 我们如此幸运 得以站在起点 |
[35:21] | Yes? | 进来 |
[35:27] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[35:43] | James said he saw him clutch for his chest. | 詹姆斯说看到他紧抓自己的胸口 |
[35:46] | Then… he just dropped. | 然后… 他就倒下了 |
[36:08] | Should we…? | 我们… |
[36:12] | His heart gave out. | 他没有心跳了 |
[36:17] | So, you asked him to recount for you | 你让他向你讲述 |
[36:20] | what he knew days ago, yes? | 他几天前得知的事了吗 |
[36:22] | – Of course. – ‘Course you did. Good. | -是的 -当然 很好 |
[36:25] | And you can get us to our destination without his assistance, yes? | 那你能让我们不需他的帮助就到达目的地吗 |
[36:30] | His heart gave out! | 他没有心跳了 |
[36:32] | Do not fuck with me. | 别掉链子 |
[36:37] | Of course I can, truly. | 当然可以 |
[36:40] | I’m almost certain I can figure it out. | 我能搞定 没问题 |
[36:52] | Get the fuck up and sail. | 快起来 开船 |
[37:05] | All is well? | 一切顺利吗 |
[37:09] | I thought I heard it. | 我以为我听到了 |
[37:14] | Thought you heard what? | 以为你听到了什么 |
[37:20] | A woman. | 女人的声音 |
[37:22] | Or what sounded like a woman. | 或者听起来像女人的声音 |
[37:27] | Wailing… | 哭泣 |
[37:29] | just faintly from the trees. | 从林中传来微弱的声音 |
[37:38] | Mr. Wallis swears he saw a mermaid swimming beneath the surface. | 沃利斯先生发誓他看见美人鱼在波涛之下游泳 |
[37:46] | Mr. Jones heard the voice of his mother | 琼斯先生听见了母亲的声音 |
[37:48] | accusing him of infidelity to her memory. | 指责他背弃了她的名声 |
[37:51] | The mind is prone to mischief, I suppose. | 大概思想受到了影响吧 |
[37:55] | Especially in a place like this… | 尤其在这种地方 |
[37:58] | remote and… | 遥不可及 |
[38:01] | full of stories. | 且满是传说 |
[38:06] | There are no monsters in the dark… | 黑暗中没有怪物 |
[38:10] | Though there are dangers. | 但确有危险 |
[38:14] | Let’s take care to tell the difference. | 我们要注意分辨其中的差别 |
[38:17] | Lay our attention on the latter. | 把注意力放在后者上 |
[40:43] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[42:52] | Hey, the hold’s on fire! | 船舱着火了 |
[42:54] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[43:00] | Men in the water! | 水里有人 |
[43:04] | Launches in the water! | 水里有小艇 |
[43:08] | From the Eurydice! | 是欧律狄刻号的人 |
[43:10] | Oh, good god. | 天啊 |
[43:18] | Don’t wait for me! go! | 别等我了 快走 |
[43:46] | They’ll be upon us soon. | 他们很快就会追上来了 |
[43:52] | You’ll have to put it in the ground. | 你得把这埋起来 |
[43:59] | Can you do it? | 能做到吗 |
[44:02] | I’ll stall them. | 我去拖住他们 |
[44:20] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[44:28] | We need to get above. | 我们得上去 |
[44:30] | You said our only chance of saving the ship is to flood this hold. | 你说我们救船的唯一办法就是让水淹过船舱 |
[44:33] | It’s too far gone. | 已经无可挽回了 |
[44:35] | In a couple of minutes that fire will reach the magazine. | 几分钟后 火势就会蔓延到弹药库 |
[44:38] | What choice do we have? | 我们别无选择 |
[44:41] | Abandon ship. | 弃船 |
[44:43] | Abandon ship! | 弃船 |
[44:44] | Abandon ship! All hands! | 全员弃船 |
[45:22] | It would be preferable to me | 我更希望 |
[45:24] | if we resolved this another way. | 我们通过其他方式解决问题 |
[45:31] | Cache is in the ground by now. | 金子已经埋进土里了 |
[45:36] | And I’ll need as many men as we can get | 我需要尽可能多的人手 |
[45:37] | for what comes next. | 应对接下来发生的一切 |
[45:40] | That includes you. | 所以也包括你 |
[45:54] | He’ll be here in a moment. | 他马上就会赶到这里 |
[45:59] | You still think you’ll persuade him to see this all your way? | 你还是觉得你可以劝服他按照你的法子来 |
[46:05] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么觉得 |
[46:08] | But I’d prefer not to find out. | 但我并不希望搞那么清楚 |
[46:39] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[46:49] | Tell me where it is. | 告诉我金子在哪 |
[46:51] | I can’t do that. | 无可奉告 |
[46:52] | Fuck you! Where is it? | 去你的 金子在哪 |
[46:53] | You’re making a mistake. | 你犯了一个错误 |
[46:54] | Fuck you! Where is it? | 去你的 金子在哪 |
[46:55] | In the ground… | 埋起来了… |
[47:00] | Where it stays until Madi is freed, | 等到我们救出马迪 |
[47:03] | and we gather it and return it to the camp, | 我们再回去取 还给营地 |
[47:05] | all of us. | 所有人一起 |
[47:12] | I know you cannot see why this must be. | 我知道你看不出这样做的必要性 |
[47:15] | But it must be. | 但必须这么做 |
[47:17] | And every moment we waste is a moment | 我们浪费的时间 |
[47:19] | we could be working to retrieve her. | 本来都可以用来把她找回来 |
[47:22] | That’s all this has ever been, isn’t it? | 一直以来就是这样 不是吗 |
[47:25] | A partnership only insofar as it enables you | 合作不过是为了有利于你 |
[47:27] | to do whatever it is that matters to you in any given moment. | 在特定时刻做你认为要紧的事 |
[47:31] | And right now it matters far less | 目前她的死活对你而言 |
[47:32] | to you whether she lives or dies | 远远比不上 |
[47:34] | than it happens your way, on your terms. | 听从你的命令和规则重要 |
[47:38] | I think you know it’s far more complicated than that. | 我觉得你很清楚没这么简单 |
[47:41] | I’m certain she does. | 我确信她也如此认为 |
[47:50] | Even if you could kill me, | 即使你可以杀了我 |
[47:52] | Even if that somehow helped you see her alive again, | 即使这能够帮助她回到你身边 |
[47:54] | How are you going to explain it to her? | 你打算怎么跟她解释 |
[47:58] | She believes in this as much as I do. | 她跟我一样深深信仰着这份事业 |
[48:00] | You know this. | 你明白这一点 |
[48:02] | If it costs the war to save her, | 如果需要发起战争来救她 |
[48:04] | you’ll have lost her anyway. | 你无论如何都会要失去她 |
[48:07] | Even you cannot construct a story | 你甚至无法编造一个故事 |
[48:09] | to make her forgive you that. | 让她原谅你 |
[48:18] | You do this, | 你这么做 |
[48:20] | and you’re gonna regret it. | 你会后悔的 |
[48:47] | No! Don’t! | 不 不要 |
[49:50] | Swim for the shore! Try to reach the shore! | 游到岸上去 尽量游到岸上去 |
[49:56] | Get to the shore! Away from the ship! | 到岸上去 离船远点 |
[50:56] | Can’t you see it? | 你不明白吗 |
[51:04] | It isn’t utility that’s behind his investment in me… | 他投资于我不是为了利益 |
[51:09] | Nor necessity, nor dependency. | 不是迫不得已也不是寻求依靠 |
[51:14] | I understand you fear a false motive. | 我理解你害怕他动机不纯 |
[51:18] | But this much is clear to me now… | 但现在我很清楚… |
[51:23] | I have earned his respect. | 我赢得了他的尊重 |
[51:29] | And after all the tragedies that man has suffered… | 那个男人遭受所有的磨难后 |
[51:35] | The loss of Thomas, | 失去托马斯 |
[51:37] | The events of Charlestown… | 查尔斯敦事件 |
[51:48] | I have earned his trust. | 我赢得了他的信任 |
[51:52] | I have his true friendship… | 他给我真诚的友谊 |
[52:00] | And so he’s going to have mine. | 所以我也会回报以友情 |
[52:05] | And as long as that is true, | 只要那是真的 |
[52:08] | I cannot imagine what is possible. | 我就没法想象其他的可能性 |