时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | I am suggesting that we help each other | 我是在提议我们彼此帮助 |
[00:12] | by an alliance of pirates and slaves, | 组成海盗与奴隶的联盟 |
[00:16] | bring down Nassau, maybe bring it all down. | 拿下拿骚 也许你就拿下了一切 |
[00:18] | My name is Woodes Rogers, | 我叫伍兹·罗杰斯 |
[00:20] | and I am the next governor of New Providence Island. | 我是新普罗维登斯岛的下一任总督 |
[00:22] | Spain– what did you have to promise them? | 西班牙 你答应他们什么了 |
[00:24] | That I would secure the remains of the Urca De Lima’s gold | 我会夺回厄卡·德·利马号剩余的金子 |
[00:26] | and return it to Havana. | 并将其归还给哈瓦那 |
[00:28] | – You set aside some of the gold? – She did. | -你藏了一部分金币吗 -她藏的 |
[00:30] | How much? | 有多少 |
[00:31] | A cache of gems. | 一批匿藏的珠宝 |
[00:33] | Spain is willing to burn Nassau to the ground. | 西班牙会不惜将拿骚夷为平地 |
[00:36] | The only way Rogers can prevent this | 罗杰斯唯一能阻止这一切发生的办法 |
[00:38] | is to find the cache and return it, | 就是找回珠宝并归还 |
[00:39] | which means if we were to find it first, | 这意味着如果我们在他之前找到 |
[00:41] | we could dictate what happens next. | 我们就能决定下一步的局面 |
[00:43] | – Where’s Vane? – The militia arrived before he could get away. | -韦恩在哪 -民兵在他能逃走之前赶到了 |
[00:47] | We had no choice but to run. | 我们没别的办法 只能逃跑 |
[00:49] | You cannot stay. | 你不能留下来 |
[00:50] | The war is going to follow that chest. | 战争会随着那宝箱走 |
[00:52] | I’ll go back and address the situation. | 我回去处理这事 |
[00:54] | We’re creating the appearance of a man out of nothing | 这个形象是我们凭空捏造出来的 |
[00:57] | That the resistance against the English | 这种抵抗英国统治的人物形象 |
[00:58] | feels compelled to rally around. | 肯定能笼络人心 |
[01:00] | When he’s ready, he’ll step into the role | 等他准备好 他会进入 |
[01:02] | we’ve created for him. | 我们为他塑造的角色中 |
[01:03] | Does he have any idea you’re using his name? | 他知道你利用他的名字吗 |
[01:06] | Long John Silver. | 朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[01:08] | It’s a hard thing to look your successor in the eye. | 这对她来说也很艰难 看着后代双眼 |
[01:11] | But as far as successors go, your mother could do far worse. | 但就权力移交这点来说 你母亲已经做得很好了 |
[01:14] | Charles is dead. | 查尔斯死了 |
[01:15] | The governor in Nassau hung him in the square. | 拿骚总督把他吊死在了广场 |
[01:17] | The resistance in Nassau is now under way. | 拿骚的反抗马上就要开始了 |
[01:20] | I think you and I both know who it was that fashioned that noose. | 我觉得我们都知道谁才是把绳索套在他头上的人 |
[01:22] | I know this enemy. | 我了解这个敌人 |
[01:23] | He took that cache with the express purpose | 他夺走金子的目的很明确 |
[01:26] | of compelling us to commit your force | 就是想迫使我们把你的军队 |
[01:28] | to a battlefield of his choosing. | 推向一场由他选择的战场 |
[01:29] | If you allow him to dictate the terms of battle, | 如果战斗的规则你让他说了算 |
[01:31] | you court a disastrous outcome. | 毁灭性的结果就是你自找的 |
[01:35] | Tell your governor! | 告诉你们总督大人 |
[01:36] | You tell him I’m coming! | 他的死期到了 |
[03:17] | “And the Lord said unto Rebecca, | “上帝对丽贝卡说” |
[03:20] | “two nations are in thy womb. | “两国在你腹内” |
[03:31] | “Two peoples within you who shall be divided. | “两族要从你身上出来” |
[03:40] | “One shall be stronger than the other. | “这族必强于那族” |
[03:50] | And the older shall serve the younger.” | “将来大的要服侍小的” |
[04:03] | Twins… | 双胞胎 |
[04:06] | as close as two things can get to being the same one, | 是世间最相像的东西 |
[04:09] | and what’s the first thing they do to each other? | 他们彼此之间所做的第一件事是什么 |
[04:13] | Fight over who gets to be the first one | 争斗 决出谁能第一个 |
[04:16] | to see the light of day. | 看到外面的光明 |
[04:20] | And here I sit at the head of an army of men, | 现在我作为一军之首 |
[04:23] | each of whom, present company included, | 而这每个人 包括你 |
[04:26] | has probably at some point considered | 在某一时刻可能都曾经想过 |
[04:28] | killing the man he now fights alongside, | 杀死现在并肩战斗的战友 |
[04:31] | each of whom, present company included, | 每个人 也包括你 |
[04:33] | has certainly considered killing me. | 肯定都想过杀死我 |
[04:37] | If it makes you feel any better, | 如果我这样说能让你感觉好一点的话 |
[04:39] | I haven’t considered killing you in months. | 我这几个月都没想过杀死你 |
[04:42] | A little bit. | 好一点 |
[04:46] | We’re so close. | 我们就差一点 |
[04:51] | So very close. | 就差那么一点 |
[04:55] | If we can just hold this alliance together | 如果我们能维持这个联盟 |
[04:57] | just a little longer, if we can just… | 稍微久一点 如果我们能… |
[05:00] | will it forward just a little more… | 再推动一点点… |
[05:02] | And nothing will ever be the same for anyone ever again. | 大家的命运都将被改变 |
[05:09] | You and I have willed our men through unthinkable things | 你和我曾经带领手下经历了难以想象的事 |
[05:11] | to get this far. | 才走到了今天 |
[05:14] | Why not one more? | 为什么不能再来一次 |
[05:17] | To call Nassau home again. | 再次以拿骚为家 |
[05:21] | Two flags on the starboard bow! | 右舷船首看到两艘船 |
[05:35] | There’s no sign of the alarm being raised. | 没有响警报的迹象 |
[05:37] | Is it possible they trust our false colors? | 他们会不会信了我们的假旗 |
[05:39] | Well, anything’s possible, but I wouldn’t count on it. | 什么事都有可能 但我也不会指望它 |
[05:43] | Maintain our current approach, present heading. | 保持航线 往前行进 |
[05:47] | Prepare to take courses. | 准备好降帆 |
[05:48] | Aye, captain. | 是的 船长 |
[05:50] | Maintain course. | 保持航线 |
[05:52] | All hands, stand by to change course. | 所有人准备好改变航道 |
[05:54] | Lookout reports had five two-masted vessels | 你们在下面的时候 哨兵报告 |
[05:57] | in the harbor while you were below. | 看到五艘双桅帆船在港口 |
[05:59] | That’s what Billy’s information suggested we should expect. | 这跟比利跟我们说的信息相符 |
[06:01] | I want more men in the yard. | 桅桁这里再多来几个人 |
[06:04] | With the governor’s naval consort gone | 总督的海上力量没了 |
[06:05] | and the Fort lightly armed, if at all, | 堡垒里没有重兵把守 如果真是这样 |
[06:09] | they won’t be able to prevent us from making our landing today. | 他们阻止不了我们今天登陆 |
[06:13] | Keep the course. | 保持航向 |
[06:16] | Stay with the land. | 向陆地进发 不要偏离 |
[06:19] | You still don’t trust him, do you? | 你还是不相信他 对吗 |
[06:21] | I understand why you do. | 我理解你为什么相信他 |
[06:23] | I don’t believe that’s what I asked. | 我问你的不是这个问题 |
[06:25] | I don’t believe you want me to answer what you’ve asked. | 我不觉得你真的想让我回答那个问题 |
[06:30] | We are in sight of the end of this journey, | 这趟旅程眼看着就要结束了 |
[06:33] | and he’s still worried this alliance all falls apart | 他还在担心 在我们目的达到之前 |
[06:35] | before we get there. | 这个联盟会破裂 |
[06:38] | Please don’t give him any more reason to indulge that feeling. | 请不要再给他任何理由来助长他那种想法了 |
[06:56] | Gun crews, prepare the starboard batteries, double shot! | 炮手们 准备好右舷炮组 双炮射击 |
[06:59] | Sharpen up the yards now. | 拉紧桅桁 |
[07:00] | And clew our courses as we approach the harbor. | 在向港口进发的同时 拉下风篷 |
[07:03] | Helm, once we’ve cleared the reefs, | 舵手 一旦帆收起来 |
[07:05] | head up two points so that we might begin our run. | 赶上风势 也许我们就可以开始行动了 |
[07:06] | Aye, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[07:15] | One of us should probably say something. | 我们两个是不是该有个人去说两句 |
[07:17] | About what? | 说什么 |
[07:20] | I don’t know, the moment? | 不知道 说说此时此刻 |
[07:22] | Remind the men in whose name this fight is to be fought? | 提醒大家 我们打这场仗是为了谁 |
[07:26] | You think they’ve forgotten? | 你认为他们忘了吗 |
[07:29] | No, but we are emotional beings, after all, | 没有 不过我们毕竟是情感动物 |
[07:33] | and rhetoric is the fuel that feeds the fire. | 演说就像是生火需要的燃料 |
[07:38] | For 10,000 years, a man anticipating conquest | 一万多年以来 在每次征服开始之前 |
[07:40] | – has stood before his army– – Do it. | -都得有个人站在他的军队前 -去吧 |
[07:52] | Friends, a word before it all begins. | 各位 开始之前我有几句话要说 |
[07:56] | It’s no wonder you don’t say much. | 怪不得你不爱说话 |
[07:58] | If you please. | 请大家注意 |
[08:00] | Lads, hey, listen up. | 各位 听我说 |
[08:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:03] | All of us have given some part of ourselves | 我们每个人 都做出了不同程度的牺牲 |
[08:07] | to reach this moment. | 才终于到了此刻 |
[08:10] | Today, we reclaim what is ours. | 今天 我们将夺回属于我们的东西 |
[08:15] | And we seek retribution for what was taken from us. | 对从我们手里夺去的东西 我们要敌人偿还 |
[08:20] | Today there will be vengeance for the death of Charles Vane. | 今天 我们要为死去的查尔斯·韦恩报仇 |
[08:40] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[08:41] | The governor’s sloops aren’t moving. | 总督的单桅帆船没动 |
[08:44] | Well, what would you have them doing? | 你还指望他们做什么 |
[08:47] | Outgunned as they are, maybe nothing. | 火力不如我们的情况下 或许什么都做不了 |
[08:53] | Maybe something. | 或许会有所行动 |
[08:56] | What the hell does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[08:58] | The revenge is almost in range of the fort. | 我们的复仇行动大致就在堡垒范围内 |
[09:06] | No guns. | 没有炮 |
[09:09] | It’s just as Billy said. | 就跟比利说的一样 |
[09:17] | Standby the anchor! | 准备下锚 |
[09:19] | And signal the Eagle to offer her larboard batteries | 给雄鹰号发信号 告诉他们用左舷炮组 |
[09:21] | to hold those sloops at bay. | 把这些单桅帆船堵在海湾里 |
[09:23] | What the fuck is the Defiant doing? | 挑战者号怎么会出现在这里 |
[09:27] | Why is she cutting across our bow? | 她怎么向我们冲过来了 |
[09:29] | The Defiant’s altering course! | 挑战者改变航向了 |
[09:31] | Helm! Hard to starboard! | 舵手 右满舵 |
[09:33] | Hard over! | 满舵 |
[09:34] | Trim in all the sails! Brace up sharp! | 所有帆索都拉起来 拉紧桅桁 |
[09:56] | Take the larboard low! Move ahead! | 打左舷 往前开 |
[10:06] | Let the sheets fly! Let the sheets fly! | 帆扬起来 帆扬起来 |
[10:10] | Let the sheets fly! | 帆扬起来 |
[10:30] | – Let go of the line! – Watch out for the cannons! | -别管队形了 -小心炮弹 |
[10:33] | Look out! Brace yourselves! | 小心 都打起精神 |
[10:36] | Can we get free? | 我们能躲过去吗 |
[10:43] | Get to the guns! | 去炮塔那边 |
[10:47] | Get the shots! | 准备弹药 |
[10:48] | Looks like the barricade held, sir. | 看来设障碍起作用了 长官 |
[10:51] | Your orders? | 您的命令是 |
[10:53] | Open fire. | 开炮 |
[10:54] | Eastern battery, open fire. | 东边炮台 开炮 |
[10:57] | – Fire! – Fire! | -开炮 -开炮 |
[10:59] | Take cover! | 找好掩护 |
[11:04] | – Fire! – Fire! | -开炮 -开炮 |
[11:09] | Brace ahead! | 撑住 |
[11:29] | Signal the sloops to engage. | 发信号让单桅帆船加入战斗 |
[11:31] | Engage the sloops! | 让单桅帆船加入战斗 |
[11:33] | Signal to pursue! | 信号已发 |
[11:47] | I’m giving the order! | 我要下命令了 |
[11:49] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[11:50] | If we don’t get these men off the ship, they’re dead. | 如果我们不让大家下船 所有人都会死 |
[11:53] | If we don’t find a way to harass those guns, everyone’s dead. | 如果不想办法扰乱炮火进攻 我们都会死 |
[11:56] | Harass them with what? | 怎么扰乱 |
[11:58] | The starboard guns can’t elevate enough | 在这种高度下 右舷火炮 |
[11:59] | to get anywhere near that fort. | 根本无法把堡垒纳入射程 |
[12:08] | All hands! | 全员听令 |
[12:10] | Reset the topsails and t’gallants! | 重新调整上桅帆和顶帆 |
[12:14] | Now! | 动手 |
[12:15] | Ready top sails! | 调整上桅帆 |
[12:19] | Ready those guns! | 调整火炮 |
[12:23] | T’gallants! | 调整顶帆 |
[12:25] | – Pull! Pull! – Put your backs into it! | -拉啊 快拉 -使劲拉 |
[12:28] | Pull those lines! | 快拉那些绳子 |
[12:29] | Pull! Pull! | 拉 快拉 |
[12:48] | Top sails in the corner. | 上桅帆就位 |
[12:50] | Top sails! | 上桅帆 |
[12:54] | Reload with chain shot and target their canvas. | 重新装填链弹 瞄准他们的船帆开火 |
[12:56] | Reload with chain shot! Target their canvas! | 重新装填链弹 瞄准船帆开火 |
[12:59] | Fire! | 开火 |
[13:14] | Gun crews! | 炮手们 |
[13:16] | On my mark! | 听我号令 |
[13:22] | Fire! | 开火 |
[13:39] | Abandon ship! All hands! | 全员弃船 |
[13:46] | Abandon ship! | 弃船 |
[13:49] | Get the ladders over! | 把绳梯放下 |
[14:14] | Get on the longboats. | 到大艇上去 |
[14:15] | What are you doing? | 那你呢 |
[14:17] | I’ll be the slowest one. | 我最后一个走 |
[14:18] | Get on the ladder! | 快到绳梯上 |
[14:20] | It’s all right. Go. | 没事的 快走吧 |
[14:23] | Go! | 走啊 |
[14:32] | Why aren’t we moving in closer? | 为什么不靠近一点 |
[14:37] | We cannot fire the great guns into that mess. | 我们不能贸然向混乱中开火 |
[14:39] | We’ll kill as many of our own men as theirs. | 这样只会杀敌一千 自损八百 |
[14:40] | But if we run with the one ship | 但如果我们乘船逃走 |
[14:42] | that still presents a threat to the governor, | 对总督依然有威胁的话 |
[14:43] | He may very well chase | 他很有可能会出兵追击 |
[14:46] | and give the survivors their best chance of escaping | 这样就能尽可能让幸存者们 |
[14:48] | to the fallback position on the eastern shore. | 逃到位于东岸的紧急撤离地 |
[14:50] | And if they don’t chase? | 如果他们没追过来呢 |
[15:07] | Come on! Get in the longboat! | 快点 快到大艇上去 |
[15:09] | I got you! | 我来帮你 |
[15:20] | Fall, sir! | 快跳啊 先生 |
[15:24] | We’re not gonna make it! | 我们撑不住了 |
[16:17] | Return fire! | 还击 |
[16:23] | In the wind! | 快撤 |
[16:46] | Shall we pursue the man-of-war, my lord? | 要追击那艘军舰吗 大人 |
[16:49] | It’d be the cost of rounding up those longboats. | 这样就不能围剿那些大艇了 |
[16:51] | Are you certain your men can capture her? | 你确定你的队伍能拦截住它吗 |
[16:53] | Teach is a formidable opponent, but his ship is weakened, | 蒂奇是个可畏的对手 但他的战舰装备较差 |
[16:56] | and my men can attack from three directions | 我方能从三个方向展开进攻 |
[16:58] | with greater numbers with greater discipline. | 人数占优 且队伍更加精良 |
[17:01] | Tactically, he’s greatly disadvantaged. | 战术上而言 他处于绝对的劣势 |
[17:04] | Between tactics and passion, I’ll take the latter. | 战术与斗志相比 我更在意后者 |
[17:07] | If our information’s correct and he seeks revenge | 如果我们的情报正确 他想要为 |
[17:09] | over the death of Charles Vane, | 查尔斯·韦恩报仇的话 |
[17:10] | He will fight with passion today. | 他今天就会满怀斗志而战 |
[17:12] | Revenge is a powerful motivator, undoubtedly. | 复仇无疑是最能激发斗志的情绪了 |
[17:15] | Fortunately, my men would like | 幸运的是 我手下的人 |
[17:16] | a little of it for themselves as well. | 也有点小仇要报 |
[17:22] | Do it. | 去吧 |
[17:23] | Signal to pursue! | 发出追击的信号 |
[17:26] | Inform the council I’ll return once the street is secure. | 通知议会 街道一旦安全 我马上返回 |
[17:30] | And please have someone retrieve my wife. | 请找人把我夫人带过来 |
[17:32] | Of course, my lord. | 好的 大人 |
[18:02] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[18:09] | It has been quiet for some time. | 已经有一段时间没有动静了 |
[18:13] | Is that bad for us or bad for them? | 对我们不利还是对他们不利 |
[18:15] | Hard to say. | 很难说 |
[18:18] | If it were bad for us, I assume we would know by now. | 如果对我们不利 我们现在应该就知道了 |
[18:23] | For whose benefit is that? | 这是给谁做的 |
[18:26] | I’m told that once mastered, it’s actually quite soothing. | 别人跟我说只要掌握了门道 刺绣能安抚情绪 |
[18:30] | At this moment, I’m finding that hard to believe. | 这种时候 我还是很难相信这真的有效 |
[18:35] | But if I am to play the role, | 但如果我想演好这个角色 |
[18:37] | I ought to make some effort to look the part. | 就要做点实事 看起来得像模像样 |
[18:40] | It bothers me that this does not bother you. | 让我困扰的是 这件事并不困扰你 |
[18:44] | What’s that? | 什么事情 |
[18:46] | This. That. | 现在 还有过去 |
[18:48] | All of it. | 发生的所有事情 |
[18:52] | The world is changing so rapidly and we with it. | 这个世界变化得太快了 我们身不由己 |
[18:56] | I fear the day will soon come | 我害怕很快有一天 |
[18:57] | when we will no longer recognize either. | 我们会再也认不出自己 |
[19:00] | We are who we are. | 我们的本性是不会变的 |
[19:02] | Nothing so important changes so quickly. | 真正重要的事物是不会轻易改变的 |
[19:09] | Mrs. Rogers? | 罗杰斯夫人 |
[19:10] | The governor requests your presence. | 总督想要见你 |
[19:37] | Two ships grounded and only one escaped the barricade. | 两艘船被击沉了 一艘逃开了障碍 |
[19:40] | Three ships grounded. | 三艘被击沉了 |
[19:42] | Teach is still loose. | 蒂奇还在逃 |
[19:45] | All things considered, we are very lucky. | 无论如何 我们已经很幸运了 |
[19:50] | I’m sorry you weren’t there to see it. | 很遗憾你没能见证这一切 |
[19:53] | I know it cannot be comfortable to be so removed. | 我知道被调离的感觉一定不好受 |
[19:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:58] | I got to make this. | 我可以做这个 |
[20:06] | I am sure there were others that found themselves | 今天肯定有别人 |
[20:08] | more uncomfortable today than I. | 比我更不好受 |
[20:10] | Company at the ready! Company! | 全体集合 全体都有 |
[20:13] | And I told you before we ever set foot on this island | 我在我们上这座岛之前就告诉过你 |
[20:16] | I will do whatever necessary to ensure your success here. | 为了你的成功我愿意做任何事 |
[20:19] | If the street understands us better when I sit | 如果我不是和你的部下们 |
[20:21] | among your men’s wives rather than your men, | 而是和你部下的夫人们坐在一起 |
[20:23] | if the world makes more sense to them that way | 能让百姓更理解我们 |
[20:26] | and your authority grows because of it, | 同时也能树立起你的威信的话 |
[20:27] | as uncomfortable as it may be, | 尽管这么做让我很难受 |
[20:29] | then that is a compromise I am willing to make. | 但这也是我所愿意做出的妥协 |
[20:35] | Governor? | 总督 |
[20:42] | I’ll send for you as soon as I’m satisfied. | 我弄完了会派人来找你 |
[20:43] | The street is secure. | 街道安全了 |
[20:49] | Captain. | 船长 |
[21:06] | That’s the last one. | 那是最后一艘 |
[21:10] | According to the men who just landed, | 根据刚登陆的人所说 |
[21:13] | That is the last longboat. | 那是最后一艘大艇 |
[21:17] | I heard the same. | 我也听说了 |
[21:21] | I’m told they saw an injured man pulled aboard | 我听说有人看见一个伤员被拖上船 |
[21:25] | from out of the water, almost drowned. | 几乎就快淹死了 |
[21:29] | I heard the same. | 我也听说了 |
[21:37] | Here I must be careful. | 我必须当心 |
[21:40] | I have well over 200 men unaccounted for. | 我有200多名部下下落不明 |
[21:45] | Those who remain, it will be very hard | 对于剩下的人来说 很难向他们解释 |
[21:47] | to explain to them why. | 为什么会这样 |
[21:50] | With all I have to attend to, I choose to stand here | 我有很多事要做 但我选择站在这里 |
[21:53] | hanging onto the fate of just one of them. | 只牵挂着他们其中一员的命运 |
[21:59] | I know that you and he had been working closely together of late, | 我知道你和他最近合作无间 |
[22:04] | become friends even. | 甚至成为了朋友 |
[22:09] | I don’t know what I’m trying to say. | 我不知道我想表达什么 |
[22:15] | Perhaps just that… | 也许 |
[22:17] | He is my friend, too. | 他也是我的朋友吧 |
[22:53] | – They obstructed the harbor! – I know. | -他们在港口设置了屏障 -我知道 |
[22:55] | Two ships they sunk! | 两艘船被击沉 |
[22:56] | – It must have taken them days to arrange! – I know, I– | -他们肯定花了几天来设障 -我知道 |
[22:58] | – Then why the fuck didn’t you warn us?! – I did warn you! | -那你怎么不警告我 -我警告了 |
[23:03] | There were three ships, not two. | 被击沉了三艘 不是两艘 |
[23:05] | He bought them cheap out of Abaco. | 他从阿巴科低价买来的船 |
[23:06] | He scuttled them six days ago. | 他六天前就弄沉了它们 |
[23:09] | The moment I learned of it, I sent word to Mr. Featherstone. | 我一知道 就向费瑟斯通先生通报了 |
[23:11] | He was supposed to send word to you not to enter the harbor. | 他本应该通知你别进入港口的 |
[23:16] | Then Mr. Featherstone has fucked us all. | 那费瑟斯通把我们都耍了 |
[23:18] | Yes, I know that, too. | 这我也知道 |
[23:25] | Is this all that’s left? | 就剩下这点人了吗 |
[23:29] | Teach and the revenge are unaccounted for. | 蒂奇和他的人去向不明 |
[23:33] | I saw them sailing north | 我看到他们向北航行 |
[23:35] | Away from the harbor under pursuit. | 在追击下驶离港口 |
[23:39] | The rest… | 剩下的 |
[23:42] | Are presumed dead or captured. | 估计不是死了就是被抓 |
[23:47] | And Silver? | 西尔弗呢 |
[23:50] | Which is he? | 他怎么样 |
[24:09] | There’ll be debts to repay after today. | 日后可以血债血偿 |
[24:11] | And there’ll be plenty of time to do it. | 我们有大把时间 |
[24:15] | But right now, we need to get off the sand. | 不过现在我们得离开海滩 |
[24:28] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[24:36] | What? | 什么 |
[24:38] | We sail for Nassau soon. | 我们马上要向拿骚航行 |
[24:42] | There are many other places I could be | 在这准备的时刻 |
[24:44] | in this moment to prepare. | 我有很多地方可以去 |
[24:47] | I choose to be here. | 但我选择待在这 |
[24:50] | Where have you just chosen to go? | 你选择去哪 |
[24:55] | We received word today from Nassau | 我们今天收到了拿骚那边的消息 |
[24:59] | that Billy’s resistance movement has proclaimed its fealty | 比利的抵抗行为证明了 |
[25:02] | to a pirate king, | 他对海盗王的忠诚 |
[25:06] | a man who would one day return to nassau | 一个将要从流放中 |
[25:08] | from his exile, expel the english, | 回到拿骚 赶走英国人 |
[25:13] | and punish those who betrayed the cause. | 并惩罚叛徒的男人 |
[25:19] | You left my bed for that? | 你为此离开我的床吗 |
[25:23] | Now, the pirate king’s name… | 现在 海盗王的名字 |
[25:27] | is Long John Silver. | 叫做朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[25:33] | Long John Silver? | 朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[25:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:41] | Who is Long John Silver? | 朗·约翰·西尔弗是谁 |
[25:45] | Well, that’s a very good question. | 好问题 |
[25:49] | I assume he saw value in the tall tales | 我猜他是看出了 |
[25:52] | told about me after that night in the tavern. | 我那晚在酒馆的荒唐故事的价值 |
[25:55] | Saw mystery in it, perhaps. | 可能是看出了其中的神秘 |
[25:58] | Use my name upon which to build his story. | 借我的名字来编造他的故事 |
[26:03] | And this bothers you. Why? | 你却为此困扰 为什么 |
[26:08] | We’ve come this far | 我们能走到这一步 |
[26:09] | because when Flint and I are of the same mind, | 是因为只要我和弗林特同心协力 |
[26:11] | there’s no obstacle yet encountered that we cannot surmount. | 就没有无法克服的障碍 |
[26:16] | I don’t know why that is. He doesn’t know why it is. | 我不知道为什么如此 他也不知道 |
[26:21] | But it is. | 但事实就是如此 |
[26:24] | To elevate one of us over the other, | 要让我们其中一人凌驾于另一个之上 |
[26:26] | even as a fiction, | 即使是假想 |
[26:29] | seems to me to be tempting fate in a most dangerous way. | 对我来说都是在铤而走险 |
[26:34] | And… | 而且 |
[26:38] | And it upsets you because you believe he is your friend? | 而这让你难过 因为你把他当成朋友 |
[26:45] | Yes, it upsets me. | 是的 这让我难过 |
[26:48] | And I know that Billy’s been looking for a way | 而且我知道比利几个月来 |
[26:49] | to remove Flint from our lives for months now. | 一直在找机会让弗林特离开我们 |
[26:52] | I’m sure that’s somewhere at the root of this. | 我觉得这是这件事的根源 |
[26:55] | And I don’t like having him conscripting me | 我也不喜欢他不问我的意见 |
[26:56] | into his cause without me even having a say. | 就让我征召进他的队伍 |
[27:02] | I’m sorry. | 你刚刚说什么 |
[27:04] | Because I believe he is my friend? | 因为我把他当成朋友 |
[27:09] | Are you questioning whether I’m qualified | 你是在质疑我 |
[27:11] | to have an opinion on that subject? | 是否对这件事有发言权吗 |
[27:16] | Did you not once tell me of your worry | 你是否不止一次地对我谈到 |
[27:19] | about the fate of those | 对于那些弗林特船长曾称为朋友的人 |
[27:21] | whom Captain Flint has called friends before you? | 所遭受命运的忧虑 |
[27:24] | A lot has changed since then. | 那之后很多事情都不一样了 |
[27:26] | A lot has changed since then, | 很多事情都不一样了 |
[27:28] | but what has not changed | 但唯一不变的是 |
[27:30] | is that when a man first needs you | 当一个人有求于你时 |
[27:32] | and thereafter calls you a friend. | 才会称你为朋友 |
[27:36] | A little suspicion is a healthy thing. | 保持一点怀疑是有益的 |
[27:40] | That’d make a lot more sense if I didn’t need him | 要是我不是像他需要我一样需要他 |
[27:43] | – just as badly as he needs me. – I don’t believe you do. | -就好办了 -我觉得你确实没有 |
[27:47] | Whatever he is to you, whatever you are to him… | 无论他对于你 你对于他意味着什么 |
[27:52] | I don’t believe you need him to be the man you are. | 你不需要让他来帮助你成为真正的你 |
[27:58] | I think you would be a very good king. | 我相信你会成为一个出色的王 |
[28:04] | If I were a no-good pirate, | 如果我是个一文不值的海盗 |
[28:07] | I would follow you wherever you led. | 我会追随你去任何地方 |
[28:55] | Take the courses. Brace the main and mizzen aback. | 降帆 撑住主桅和后桅 |
[28:58] | Haul in the guns. Close all the gun ports. | 收炮 关闭炮窗 |
[29:01] | You’re letting up? | 你要收手了 |
[29:02] | With the damage done to the rig, | 以帆装目前蒙受的损失看 |
[29:03] | I can’t maneuver our broadside | 我已无法组织起舷侧 |
[29:05] | around fast enough to be of any effect. | 快速有效的射击 |
[29:07] | The sloops are too nimble. | 那些单桅帆船太敏捷了 |
[29:08] | But hauling in the guns? They’ll board us easily. | 但你收了炮 他们就能轻易地登上我们的船了 |
[29:12] | I was always told that you were the one without fear. | 我以前总听说你是无所畏惧的人 |
[29:14] | Was I misinformed? | 都是瞎编的吗 |
[29:16] | It ain’t fear to want to do a hard thing smart. | 机智应对危局并非出于害怕 |
[29:28] | He wants this fight. | 他想要这场战斗 |
[29:31] | Let him have it. | 那就让他如愿吧 |
[29:35] | Prepare to be boarded! | 准备对付登船敌人 |
[29:36] | Prepare to be boarded! | 准备对付登船敌人 |
[31:01] | My lord, | 大人 |
[31:03] | the squad is returning from the outer beaches. | 小队正从外海岸回航 |
[31:06] | All told, the captives number 75. | 俘虏75人 |
[31:11] | Well, there are more out there. There must be. | 那边还有更多 |
[31:13] | With our numbers, our ability to search | 以我们的人数看 |
[31:15] | outside Nassau town is limited. | 我们在拿骚之外搜寻的能力有限 |
[31:17] | Without any sense of where to look… | 都不知道从哪里开始找 |
[31:19] | And what about informants? | 那线人呢 |
[31:21] | Informants? | 线人 |
[31:24] | Well, there must be someone in town who knows | 城里肯定有人知道 |
[31:25] | where the pirates would go to hide. | 海盗们会藏身何处 |
[31:28] | I understand they might be hesitant to come forward. | 我知道他们可能不情愿挺身而出 |
[31:30] | Yesterday with the outcome in doubt, but today? | 昨天还担心后果 但今天呢 |
[31:34] | Are you telling me that literally no one | 你是说根本没人 |
[31:35] | has offered assistance? | 愿意帮我们吗 |
[31:42] | Oh, of course they haven’t. | 他们当然不会了 |
[31:44] | Why would they when it is so much easier | 因为什么都不做要容易得多 |
[31:46] | to do nothing at all? | 何必铤而走险呢 |
[31:48] | Somewhere on the other side of the world, | 在世界另一边 |
[31:50] | Spain and England are fighting yet another war | 西班牙和英国 |
[31:52] | over what king will sit upon what throne. | 在为哪个国王将赢得王位而打仗 |
[31:54] | Meanwhile we fight an enemy here | 与此同时 我们在这里与敌人作战 |
[31:56] | determined to see all of civilization collapse. | 因为他们要使所有的文明分崩离析 |
[31:58] | The only thing standing between them and their goal | 他们达成目标的唯一阻碍 |
[32:01] | is you and I, and no one else seems willing | 就是你我 而其他任何人 |
[32:03] | to lift a finger to help. | 都不愿出手相助 |
[32:06] | I hope at some point someone will explain to me | 我希望有天有人告诉我 |
[32:08] | what sort of sense any of that makes. | 这些事到底有何意义 |
[32:12] | Don’t look at me! Keep moving. | 别看我 继续走 |
[32:13] | You heard, move. | 听到了吗 走 |
[32:17] | How many others? | 还有多少人 |
[32:21] | On your knees! | 跪下 |
[32:22] | Captured nine more just east of the fence line. | 警戒线东边又抓了九个人 |
[32:24] | We think this one’s Flint’s ship’s master. | 我们觉得这个人是弗林特船上的精英 |
[32:35] | You are part of Flint’s inner circle? | 你是弗林特核心集团里的一员吧 |
[32:38] | If you have information | 要是你能告知一些 |
[32:40] | about captain Flint’s contingency plans, | 弗林特船长应急计划的消息 |
[32:42] | it may argue in favor of leniency. | 宽大处理就好商量 |
[32:46] | Go fuck yourself. | 去你的 |
[32:50] | Pull him up. | 把他拉起来 |
[32:55] | You don’t remember me, do you? | 你不记得我了 是吧 |
[33:01] | I was there that day in the forest | 你们在丛林里俘虏我的人那天 |
[33:05] | when your trap was sprung. | 我刚好在场 |
[33:08] | I saw what your people did to my men. | 我看到了你的人是怎么对待我的手下的 |
[33:12] | I was told that after the fact, | 我听说自那之后 |
[33:16] | the children of the camp were encouraged | 你们还鼓励营地里的小孩 |
[33:19] | to remove the ears from men I called friends. | 把我兄弟们的耳朵给割下来 |
[33:24] | Trophies to mark the victory. | 割得多的人就是胜者 |
[33:29] | We that remain do so in violation | 我们这些存活下来的人这样做是在 |
[33:32] | of our orders to return home, | 违反回乡的命令 |
[33:35] | a breach of our duty to His Majesty’s army. | 违背英国皇家海军的责任 |
[33:41] | Someday, if we see England again, | 有朝一日我们得以回到英国 |
[33:46] | I imagine we’ll have to answer for it. | 我想我们都得为此受罚 |
[33:49] | Hold him. | 抓稳他 |
[33:54] | But some things are more important than duty. | 但有些事情比责任更重要 |
[34:02] | No, n-no! | 不 不 |
[34:14] | I doubt they’ll turn on their own kind. | 我想他们不会自相残杀 |
[34:18] | This isn’t that sort of a war anymore. | 不再是这种战役了 |
[34:26] | I want the trials started as soon as possible. | 我希望审判尽快开始 |
[34:29] | I want this behind us. | 我们能够亲眼目睹 |
[34:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[34:42] | After you defeated his forces, | 你击败他的兵力了之后 |
[34:44] | the naval commander notified the governor, | 海上指挥官告知总督 |
[34:46] | he was quitting Nassau, took his fleet right to London. | 他要放弃拿骚 带领舰队前往伦敦 |
[34:50] | One subordinate, captain Berringer. | 一个下属 贝林格船长 |
[34:53] | He led a mutiny of a few hundred men, | 他带领了几百人发动兵变 |
[34:55] | determined to stay and avenge their defeat, | 决心为他们的失利复仇 |
[34:59] | swore a loyalty oath to Rogers personally | 私自向罗杰斯宣誓效忠 |
[35:02] | and then began a purge in town of | 然后在镇上清洗 |
[35:05] | anyone even suspected of having a connection to our cause. | 任何有可能跟我们有瓜葛的人 |
[35:08] | What kind of purge? | 什么样的清洗 |
[35:09] | Well, hangings, torture. | 绞刑 折磨 |
[35:12] | Eventually the street was more afraid of him than of us. | 最后街上的人怕他甚于怕我们 |
[35:15] | And the black spots had ceased having any effect. | 黑点信也起不到作用了 |
[35:17] | So we challenged him directly, | 所以我们发起直接挑战 |
[35:19] | tried to force our way into town. | 试图强行闯进镇上 |
[35:20] | But his men are fanatical, | 但他的人都太凶猛了 |
[35:23] | and the fighting was most bloody. | 战争太血腥 |
[35:25] | At its worst, Berringer tried to reach out | 最糟糕的是 贝林格试图 |
[35:28] | from town into our camp, | 从镇上直接攻入我们的营地 |
[35:30] | turned two of our men against us, | 企图唆使我们中的两人和我们作对 |
[35:33] | help finish us off for good. | 想要彻底结果我们 |
[35:35] | Fortunately we were able to discover the plot in time. | 还好我们及时发现了他们的阴谋 |
[35:52] | The lines are settled now. | 警戒线都布好了 |
[35:54] | He controls the town but little else. | 他只是控制镇上了而已 |
[35:57] | My people have free reign | 我的人可以自由支配 |
[35:58] | over most of the rest of the island. | 岛上的大部分地盘 |
[36:00] | Your people? | 你的人 |
[36:07] | The scouts are returning. | 侦查员回来了 |
[36:10] | I’ll meet you inside. | 里头见 |
[37:19] | Is it over? | 结束了吗 |
[37:24] | Is what over? | 什么结束了吗 |
[37:28] | You looked into my mother’s eyes | 你曾直视我母亲的双眼说过 |
[37:30] | and you said a great war lay ahead of us. | 一场大战蓄势待发 |
[37:34] | One in which pirates and slaves would stand together | 海盗和奴隶联合起来 |
[37:37] | and strike a blow that might shake the very foundation | 给英国帝国的根基 |
[37:40] | of the British empire. | 打出有力一击的恶战 |
[37:43] | Now our ships are gone, our army is fractured, | 现如今我们的船只没了 军队受损 |
[37:48] | battered, and beaten. | 受到严重打击 |
[37:52] | And the only man among you I trusted is dead. | 而你们当中我唯一信任的人死了 |
[37:59] | I’m asking you… if this war died with him. | 我问你这场战争是否随他而去了 |
[38:12] | Come down! Open this door! Get over here! | 下来 开门 到这来 |
[38:40] | It is the opinion of this court | 法庭认为 |
[38:43] | that the evidence brought to bear | 控告被告人的 |
[38:45] | against this particular defendant | 证词 |
[38:47] | is both abundant and incontrovertible. | 充分有力无可争议 |
[38:52] | Having afforded him ample opportunity | 给了他足够的机会 |
[38:55] | to speak in his own defense… | 为自己辩护 |
[38:58] | 121 prisoners we took today. | 我们今天抓的121个犯人 |
[39:02] | Had our enemies 121 prisoners of ours, | 换作是敌方俘虏了121名我们的人 |
[39:05] | I imagine their deaths would be swift and cruel. | 肯定会迅速而残忍地杀死他们 |
[39:09] | For us, it means 121 prisoners to be housed and guarded, | 对我们而言 则意味着要囚禁121名俘虏 |
[39:14] | 121 mouths to feed, | 要喂饱121张嘴 |
[39:17] | 121 trials to process. | 要进行121场审判 |
[39:21] | Never let it be said that civilization | 不要让人以为 拿骚的文明 |
[39:23] | came to anyone easily here. | 是轻易建立起来的 |
[39:28] | And these trials, | 这些审判 |
[39:30] | they will all be taking place here? | 都会在这里进行吗 |
[39:37] | It would please me if you would accommodate it, yes. | 是的 如果你能安排住处膳食 我会很高兴 |
[39:44] | Judge Adams and his… Court, | 亚当斯法官和他的…审判人员 |
[39:48] | We have all seen in recent weeks since their arrival | 他们来到拿骚这几周以来 |
[39:50] | that their appetites are significant. | 我们都见识过他们的好胃口 |
[39:53] | Shall I expect to be reimbursed for the costs of this? | 安顿他们所需的费用会补偿给我吗 |
[40:00] | You stood in my office | 你在我办公室里曾说过 |
[40:02] | and said you wished us to be friends. | 希望我们能成为朋友 |
[40:05] | As my friend, I would think you would be eager to do your part | 作为我的朋友 你应该很乐意尽一份力 |
[40:08] | to see our common enterprise survive its current crisis. | 助我们的共同事业度过当前的危机 |
[40:12] | I beg your pardon, my lord, | 您说什么 大人 |
[40:14] | but have I not proved to you my friendship? | 您难道还不相信我们之间的友谊吗 |
[40:17] | At great personal risk to myself and my interests, | 我的人身安全和利益都面临着巨大风险 |
[40:21] | I made enemies of the pirates in order to ensure your success. | 为了确保您能取得成功 我不惜跟海盗树敌 |
[40:23] | Made enemies of them? | 跟海盗树敌 |
[40:26] | They’ve been my enemies for some time now. | 他们与我为敌已经有一段时间了 |
[40:28] | Are you saying that they haven’t been yours? | 你意思是他们本来不是你的敌人吗 |
[40:30] | – May I suggest– – I thank you for your aid today. | -我能建议… -我感谢你今天帮了我 |
[40:34] | It is, I believe, to be expected, | 你会继续帮我的吧 |
[40:36] | today, tomorrow, every day till the war is won. | 无论今天 明天 或是战争胜利前的每一天 |
[40:40] | That is the burden that we all ought to share. | 这是我们该共同分担的责任 |
[40:42] | I serve you best, my lord, when I am seen by the street | 大人 想让我更好地为您服务 |
[40:45] | as having some independence from you, | 得让人民认为我有一定独立性 |
[40:48] | as your silent partner, I am able– | 是个不出面的搭档 这样我才能… |
[40:50] | There are no silent partners anymore. | 不能再有隐名搭档了 |
[40:51] | I will have no more of them. | 我不再允许这样 |
[40:53] | This is now an island of true friends | 现在这个岛上的人 要么是我真正的朋友 |
[40:55] | and mortal enemies and nothing in between. | 要么是我的死敌 没有中间选择 |
[40:57] | Now, in this moment, I still believe | 此时此刻 我依然相信 |
[40:59] | you are among the former. | 你属于前者 |
[41:01] | Should I have any reason to believe otherwise? | 有任何理由让我改变想法吗 |
[41:05] | Of course not, my lord. | 当然没有 大人 |
[41:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:22] | Give us the room. | 让我们单独聊聊 |
[41:31] | I don’t have exact numbers, but it sounds | 我还不知道准确数字 |
[41:33] | as though there’s already been a significant number | 但似乎在海港那边 |
[41:35] | of prisoners captured from the harbor. | 已经有很多人被俘虏了 |
[41:37] | I assume they’ll push to start the hangings right away, | 他们应该会设法尽快实施绞刑 |
[41:39] | which doesn’t leave us much time. | 我们时间不多了 |
[41:41] | Now, even with your men here, we don’t have sufficient numbers | 即使加上你的手下 我们也没有足够的人 |
[41:44] | to move on Nassau directly and be assured victory. | 能确保直接攻下拿骚 |
[41:48] | But if we could dramatically increase those numbers… | 但如果我们能大幅增加人手的话… |
[41:52] | Increase them how? | 如何增加 |
[41:54] | The Underhill plantation. | 昂德希尔的种植园 |
[41:57] | It’s the largest and richest of the interior estates, | 那是内陆最大最富有的种植园 |
[41:59] | And it’s home to well over 200 slaves. | 里面住着两百多个奴隶 |
[42:04] | It’s well-defended. | 那里防守很严密 |
[42:06] | Until now, I haven’t had the manpower to take it. | 之前我没有足够人手攻下那里 |
[42:09] | But now, with the men we have here, | 但以我们现有的人力 |
[42:10] | I think it’s possible, and if we could convince | 我认为有可能成功 如果我们 |
[42:13] | even half of those slaves to join our fight, | 能说服至少一半的奴隶加入战斗 |
[42:17] | we might then actually be in a position to take back– | 我们就有机会夺回… |
[42:19] | Too long. | 耗时太长了 |
[42:21] | What you’re suggesting, we don’t have time for that. | 我们没有足够时间去完成你提议的事 |
[42:25] | Well, it’ll take a few days– | 是要花几天 但是… |
[42:26] | The governor may be on his heels, | 总督也许会去花时间应对 |
[42:27] | but he won’t stay that way for long. | 但这情况不会维持很久 |
[42:29] | It will be days, hours maybe, before he finds a way | 不出几天 甚至几小时内 |
[42:32] | to set his feet beneath him and retrench. | 他就能控制局面并削弱我们的兵力 |
[42:36] | We need to strike quickly, directly at Nassau | 我们必须尽快出击 直接攻打拿骚 |
[42:40] | – with as many forces as we can muster and today. – Hang on– | -今天就要集结尽可能多的兵力 -等一下 |
[42:43] | We are two battered fighters at the end of a long fight. | 我们双方都精疲力尽 这场持久战即将结束 |
[42:47] | The next blow struck may be a decisive one, | 下一次出击也许就能决定胜负 |
[42:49] | and we have to be the one that strikes. | 我们必须主动进攻 |
[42:51] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[42:58] | I prepared these men to follow Long John Silver upon his return. | 我集结人手 是为了追随朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[43:04] | Now, if you assume that in his absence, | 如果你觉得他现在不在 |
[43:06] | that role now reverts to you… | 你就能取代他的角色 |
[43:09] | then you assume wrong. | 那就错了 |
[43:11] | See, my men know your name, | 我的人虽知道你的名字 |
[43:13] | but you weren’t the one who recruited them into this. | 但他们不是由你征募而来 |
[43:16] | You weren’t the one who led them in those midnight raids | 带领他们半夜突击西部种植园的人 |
[43:18] | in the western plantations. | 也不是你 |
[43:21] | You weren’t the one who has lived with them | 你不是那个和他们一起生活 |
[43:23] | and drank with them and bled with them. | 一起喝酒 一起流血奋战的人 |
[43:30] | So in the absence of Long John Silver, | 所以在朗·约翰·西尔弗不在的日子里 |
[43:32] | the men will look to me, not you. | 大伙将听从我的 而不是你 |
[43:35] | For answers to what happens next, | 对于接下来要怎么办 |
[43:37] | and I will be the one to give them those answers, | 该是我告诉他们 |
[43:40] | not you. | 而不是你 |
[43:43] | I have become so easily set aside, have I? | 我已变得这么容易被回绝了 是吗 |
[43:49] | Do you have value to me? Yes. | 你对我有用吗 有 |
[43:52] | Would your skill in a fight aid us in our efforts? | 你的经验能在战斗中帮到我们吗 |
[43:55] | Of course. | 当然 |
[43:59] | But do we need you here? | 但是我们需要你吗 |
[44:02] | No. We do not. | 不 我们不需要 |
[44:06] | You’re forgetting one thing. | 你忘了一件事 |
[44:09] | Somewhere on an island a few days’ journey from here | 离这儿几日路程的岛上某个隐秘的地方 |
[44:12] | is a chest filled with treasure buried in a secret place. | 埋着装满金银珠宝的箱子 |
[44:16] | And of the three men who know of that place, | 知晓那个地方的三个人中 |
[44:18] | I may be the last one alive after today. | 今天过后 我可能是活着的最后一个人了 |
[44:27] | Are you threatening to withhold the location of the chest | 这里的每个人都指望着 |
[44:31] | that every man here is counting upon | 我们夺回拿骚之后共享拿骚的财产 |
[44:34] | to provide for Nassau’s treasury once we secure it | 你还拿宝藏的位置来威胁我 |
[44:38] | solely so you can maintain your own status here? | 仅仅为了保住你在这儿的地位 |
[44:42] | There is an unthinkable victory within our reach, | 难以想象的胜利就在眼前 |
[44:46] | and I will see this through | 我会不择手段 |
[44:47] | by whatever means I have at my disposal. | 以达成这一目标 |
[44:52] | This seems like the act of a small man to you. | 也许对你来说像个小人的行径 |
[44:56] | Were he here, I’m sure, | 如果西尔弗先生在这里 我肯定 |
[44:57] | Mr. Silver would make this all sound more agreeable to you. | 他会说得更合你意 |
[45:02] | But without him, think what you like. | 但是没有他 你爱怎么想怎么想 |
[45:06] | My word will govern. | 这儿将是我说了算 |
[45:12] | I know, too. | 我也知道 |
[45:18] | Three men know the resting place of the chest | 三个男人[人]知道宝箱的藏宝地 |
[45:21] | And one woman. | 还有一个女人 |
[45:24] | He told it to me before we left home. | 在我们离家之前他告诉我的 |
[45:28] | It would be preferable if there were one voice | 明天只有一个人来施令 |
[45:30] | to govern here tomorrow, | 会更好 |
[45:32] | but I don’t think it’s going to be quite so simple. | 但我的要求没这么简单 |
[45:36] | There will be no pirate king here. | 这里将没有海盗王 |
[45:40] | Of that much, I am certain. | 就这个要求 |
[48:50] | Are you through? | 你好了吗 |
[48:52] | Yes. | 好了 |
[48:54] | Then go. | 那走吧 |
[49:10] | When was the last time you fought in a vanguard? | 你上次跟先锋肉搏是什么时候了 |
[49:20] | He ain’t never gonna see you in that way, Teach. | 他永远都见不到那样的你了 蒂奇 |
[49:24] | I know why you want him to, but it ain’t never gonna happen. | 我知道为什么你想他看到 但那是不可能的 |
[49:28] | You think that little of me that I care so much | 你觉得如此渺小的我会这么在乎 |
[49:30] | how I’m seen in his eyes, | 他眼中的我是怎样 |
[49:32] | I’d be willing to lose my life over it? | 以至于我愿意为此丢了性命吗 |
[49:35] | Then why did you do it? | 那你为什么要这么做 |
[49:40] | When I was in that carriage with the governor, | 当我和总督坐在马车上 |
[49:43] | when your horses first appeared, | 你们的马刚刚出现时 |
[49:45] | I had a chance to end it all. | 我有机会结束一切 |
[49:48] | Had my hands round his neck. | 我的手已经放在他脖子上了 |
[49:52] | Had I done more in that moment, | 要是我在那一刻更进一步 |
[49:54] | had I been more in that moment… | 要是我在那一刻更进一步… |
[49:59] | Charles would still be here. | 查尔斯会还在这里 |
[50:06] | The idea that he might be looking down on me | 此刻他可能正鄙视着我 |
[50:08] | in this moment and find me not doing | 发现我没有尽全力 |
[50:10] | everything in my power to see his death answered for, | 为他的死复仇 |
[50:14] | that is something I’m willing to put my life at risk over, | 那才是我甘愿冒性命之危的原因 |
[50:17] | How I’m seen in his eyes. | 他眼中的我是怎样 |
[50:21] | Charles Vane stood by us when no one else would. | 没人支持我们时 查尔斯·韦恩力挺我们 |
[50:25] | Charles Vane risked his life for us. | 查尔斯·韦恩为了我们付出了他的生命 |
[50:28] | Charles Vane– | 查尔斯·韦恩 |
[50:29] | Fuck Charles Vane. | 去他的查尔斯·韦恩 |
[50:37] | I know how you felt about him. | 我知道你对他的感觉 |
[50:40] | I felt the same way, and you know it. | 我和你一样 你知道的 |
[50:44] | But he’s dead. | 但他已经死了 |
[50:48] | And I can’t see what fucking sense it makes | 我不懂继续努力让他开心 |
[50:50] | to keep trying to make him happy. | 是什么破道理 |
[50:51] | And all it’s actually gonna lead to is you joining him. | 那样的话也只有你去地下陪他才能达成了 |
[50:58] | If it had been me strung up in that square, | 如果是我被绞死在那个广场 |
[51:01] | you’d feel the same way? | 你会感觉一样吗 |
[51:05] | I came here ’cause we all agreed | 我来到这里是因为我们都同意 |
[51:06] | we had a chance to take Nassau back, | 我们有机会夺回拿骚 |
[51:09] | have a place of our own. | 拥有我们自己的地盘 |
[51:12] | I ain’t here to prove anything! | 我不是来这里证明什么的 |
[51:15] | I ain’t here to figure out who I am. | 我也不是来发现自我 |
[51:18] | And I sure as shit ain’t here to pretend a dead man | 我更不是来这里假装如果这么做的话 |
[51:20] | might think better of me for it. | 一个死人可能对我看法好转 |
[51:23] | We are all here towards the end of retaking the island. | 我们都是来这里夺回这个岛 |
[51:27] | In terms of motive, | 至于各自的动机 |
[51:30] | maybe we’ll all just have to accept | 或许我们不得不得接受 |
[51:32] | that we’re driven by different things. | 我们都被不同的愿望驱使着 |
[51:35] | Yeah? | 然后呢 |
[51:36] | And what happens when those motives start demanding their own ends? | 如果他们的动机都是为了一己之私呢 |
[51:40] | And this thing we’re all a part of | 那我们参与的这件事 |
[51:41] | starts splitting right down the middle? | 就要半途而废了吗 |
[51:43] | That isn’t going to happen. | 不会这样的 |
[51:46] | It already is. | 已经是这样了 |
[51:51] | What did he do? | 他做了什么 |
[51:56] | Set a course for Nassau… | 他制定了回拿骚的航线 |
[52:02] | To send a message when we return… | 当我们回归时传递一条信息 |
[52:08] | That this can all end… | 如果总督把他想要的一样东西还给他 |
[52:14] | If the governor turns over the one thing he wants. | 这样一切都能结束了 |
[52:32] | When I made the choice to see Charles’ sentence carried out, | 当我决定去看查尔斯被行刑的时候 |
[52:34] | I did not know what the consequences would be. | 我不知道会有什么后果 |
[52:38] | I knew it was the only way to protect our future here, | 我知道这是唯一保障我们在这里的未来的路 |
[52:41] | To protect you, so I did it. | 为了保护你 我做了 |
[52:46] | And when the backlash followed, | 当冲突接踵而来 |
[52:48] | the resentment over my relationship with you, | 我和你的关系制造出来的愤恨 |
[52:50] | which I knew could only be soothed by my pretending | 只有在我假装 我和这件事完全没有关系 |
[52:52] | to have no influence at all, I did that, too. | 才能平息时 我还是做了 |
[52:56] | I did all of it, contorted myself into the role, | 我做了那一切 迫使自己进入角色 |
[52:59] | mutilated myself so that it would fit because I believed | 我不顾一切让自己适应角色是因为我相信 |
[53:02] | as long as you believed I was your partner, | 只要你相信我 视我为你的搭档 |
[53:04] | it didn’t matter what anyone else believed. | 那么其他人是否信任我我都不在乎 |
[53:05] | I’ve never believed you to be anything less than that. | 我至始至终都很信任你 |
[53:07] | Good, then can you tell me | 那好 那么你能告诉我 |
[53:09] | what the fuck just happened back there? | 刚刚那到底是什么情况吗 |
[53:12] | I am asking her to bear no more sacrifice | 我是在让她不再承担 |
[53:15] | than you or I or a dozen others. | 像我或你或者其他人那样的重担 |
[53:17] | You’re not asking her to bear anything. | 你不是在叫她承担任何事 |
[53:19] | You have saddled her with the cost of those trials. | 你是把所有审判的支出都放在了她身上 |
[53:22] | You might as well have stolen the money to pay for it, | 你还不如去偷些钱来负责那些费用 |
[53:24] | but that is not what I am talking about and you know it. | 但这不是我要说的重点 你知道的 |
[53:28] | To be my partner in this, there are things | 作为我的搭档 有些事 |
[53:30] | that you are better off letting me worry about. | 最好不要让我来操心 |
[53:32] | That is not what you said. No more silent partners. | 你不是这样说的 你说不再有隐名搭档了 |
[53:35] | We all bear the burden of this together. | 我们要共同承担这份重担 |
[53:37] | What is it you are not telling me? | 你还有什么没告诉我的 |
[53:42] | I don’t want to be protected. I don’t want it. | 我不想被保护 我不想 |
[53:45] | I need to know why you’re behaving as if victory is so far away | 我需要知道为什么你表现的好像胜利遥不可及 |
[53:47] | when to me, it seems that it is so close at hand. | 而对我来说 胜利是近在咫尺 |
[54:07] | When I informed Sarah of my intent to formally end our marriage, | 当我告诉莎拉我想正式和你结婚的时候 |
[54:13] | I did not know what the consequences would be. | 我不知道会有什么后果 |
[54:17] | I didn’t imagine they would be significant. | 我没想到他们反应会那么大 |
[54:18] | We’d barely spoken in years. | 我们好几年没说过话了 |
[54:23] | Her reaction… | 她的反应 |
[54:27] | was more significant than I’d anticipated. | 比我预期的更加强烈 |
[54:32] | What did she do? | 她做了什么 |
[54:38] | Her family intervened with a few of my larger creditors | 她的家人找到了我的一些大债主 |
[54:43] | And persuaded them to accelerate my timetables for repayment. | 并说服他们缩短了我的还债期 |
[54:48] | And if those creditors call the loans, | 如果这些大债主向我要债 |
[54:50] | It will force the others to follow suit. | 这会让其他小债主也效仿 |
[54:55] | I would default. | 我还不起 |
[54:58] | The courts would issue the warrant, | 法庭就会发布通缉令 |
[54:59] | And I would be a fugitive from the law. | 那么我就成了逃难者 |
[55:05] | England is at war. | 英国正值战时 |
[55:06] | There is no money from them to support our efforts here. | 他们没有钱来支援我们 |
[55:08] | So I have had to assume substantial private debts | 所以我不得不承担大量的私人债务 |
[55:11] | to do so… | 来这么做 |
[55:14] | Debts which grow by the day. | 债务一天天增涨 |
[55:17] | And as it would seem, the only thing more costly | 这样看起来 唯一比我们失败 |
[55:19] | than our defeats are our victories. | 代价更大的就是我们的胜利 |
[55:24] | Debts which will require the swift return | 而债主会要求我们 |
[55:25] | of commerce here if they are ever to be repaid, | 在获得商业回报后迅速偿还 |
[55:27] | Commerce whose return at the moment seems so very far away. | 而此时想要贸易带来收入似乎遥不可及 |
[55:35] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么之前不告诉我 |
[55:41] | You are not a compromise to me. | 你并不会让我妥协 |
[55:48] | I do not regret what I did, no matter the consequences. | 我不后悔我做过的事 无论结果如何 |
[55:53] | And I didn’t want you to have any reason to think that I did. | 我也不希望你有任何理由认为我后悔了 |
[56:15] | Her family has the ability to do that, | 她的家人有这么大能力吗 |
[56:17] | to manipulate your creditors so easily? | 可以如此轻易说服你的债主们 |
[56:21] | Creditors respond to money. | 债主们只看钱说话 |
[56:24] | And they respond to influence. | 他们只看影响 |
[56:27] | Her family has both. | 而她家两者兼备 |
[56:32] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[56:36] | But… | 但 |
[56:40] | So does mine. | 我家也如是此 |
[58:43] | Long John Silver. | 郎·约翰·西弗尔 |
[58:47] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |