时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Who are they? | 他们是谁 |
[00:12] | Maroons. Escaped slaves. | 放逐者 逃跑的奴隶 |
[00:14] | They must have a camp upriver. | 他们在上游地区肯定有个营地 |
[00:16] | She is everything here. | 这里一切都是她说了算 |
[00:17] | Priestess, governess, warlord. | 你可以称她是祭司 总督 或是军阀 |
[00:19] | She’s not to be underestimated. | 她不容小觑 |
[00:20] | Spain. What did you have to promise them? | 西班牙 你答应他们什么了 |
[00:22] | That I would secure the remains of the Urca de Lima’s gold | 我会夺回厄卡·德·利马号剩余的金子 |
[00:24] | and return it to Havana. | 并将其归还给哈瓦那 |
[00:26] | You set aside some of the gold? | 你藏了一部分金币吗 |
[00:27] | – She did. – How much? | -她藏的 -有多少 |
[00:29] | Eh. You don’t think there’s any way | 那我们就没办法直接对抗 |
[00:30] | we can challenge that blockade directly, do you? | 封锁线了吗 |
[00:33] | We’re working on something to even the odds a bit. | 我们在想办法 均衡一下不利局势 |
[00:35] | Get her inside! | 带她进去 |
[00:38] | I wonder if the pardons are the victory | 我在想会不会获得赦免就是胜利 |
[00:40] | and that the most enlightened thing that I can do | 而我能做的最开明的事就是 |
[00:43] | is let this be the end of Captain Flint. | 以此作为弗林特船长的终结 |
[00:45] | The pirates must be eliminated. | 必须杀了那些海盗 |
[00:48] | Why not consult Father? | 为什么不咨询一下父亲 |
[00:49] | Your father aids us from his position in Nassau. | 你父亲利用在他拿骚的地位接济我们 |
[00:51] | – Please, come with me. – Lower your weapons. Now! | -请跟我走吧 -放下武器 |
[00:55] | No, no! No! | 不 不 |
[02:32] | I saw a dead dog lying in the grass when I was young. | 年轻时我看见过一只躺在草丛里的死狗 |
[02:41] | She was an old bitch in life, | 它活着时凶猛无比 |
[02:44] | but just a pup in death. | 死后却如幼犬一样温驯 |
[02:51] | I remember seeing the first flies set on her eyes. | 我还记得第一只苍蝇落在它眼睛上的样子 |
[02:59] | How strange it was that they looked so alive | 那双眼看起来如此充满生气 |
[03:03] | and yet did not move. | 却一动不动 |
[03:08] | That was the first moment | 这是第一次 |
[03:10] | that I wondered what this moment would feel like. | 我不禁好奇这一刻会是什么感觉 |
[03:15] | James, you resented me | 詹姆斯 你怨恨我 |
[03:20] | because we were so close… | 是因为我们曾如此亲近 |
[03:24] | and I threw it all away. | 我却抛下了这一切 |
[03:28] | If you join me now, | 如果你现在跟我走 |
[03:30] | what if I resented you for the same reason? | 谁说我不会以同样的理由怨恨你呢 |
[03:34] | What would I be throwing away? | 我有什么可抛下的 |
[03:38] | You can’t see it yet, can you? | 你还没看清 是吗 |
[03:43] | You are not alone. | 你不是一个人 |
[04:22] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[04:33] | That is the king. | 是国王 |
[05:07] | Wind’s in our favor. | 风势对我们有利 |
[05:11] | Should be arriving in Ocracoke in three days’ time. | 应该三天内就能到达奥克拉科克 |
[05:22] | My fourth wife, Constance– | 我第四任妻子 康丝坦斯 |
[05:25] | a sweet girl, bright, but she had her notions. | 一个聪明甜美的姑娘 但她有许多禁忌 |
[05:28] | Cricket in the house means good luck, | 屋里有蟋蟀说明有好运 |
[05:30] | a moth in the house, bad. | 而有飞蛾则代表厄运 |
[05:33] | And the bed– Jesus, the bed. | 还有床 老天 |
[05:36] | No hats on it, no brooms near it, | 不能放帽子在上面 旁边不能有扫帚 |
[05:40] | nor any clothes in it that were worn outdoors. | 也不能穿任何室外的衣物上床 |
[05:43] | Any violation of this brought great misfortune. | 如果不照做就会遭受巨大的不幸 |
[05:47] | I mean, for an otherwise sane woman, | 对于任何一个理智的女人来说 |
[05:49] | she had these pockets of | 她就是一个 |
[05:50] | complete and thorough madness within her. | 完全疯狂的女人 |
[05:53] | Although it’s been six years since I’ve seen her face… | 尽管我已经六年没有见她 |
[05:58] | to this day, if I– | 但直到今天… |
[06:02] | if I see a broom by a bed, I– I have to move it. | 如果在床边看见一把扫帚 我必须移开 |
[06:07] | What the fuck are you talking about? | 你他妈到底想说什么 |
[06:12] | A woman has that power, God-given, | 上帝赐给女人这种力量 |
[06:14] | to leave her marks on you. | 让她们在男人身上留下印记 |
[06:17] | And it’s far harder to dispose of the marks | 要想摆脱这些印记 往往比 |
[06:18] | than the woman who left them. | 摆脱这个女人更难 |
[06:21] | You think I’m having second thoughts about leaving Nassau? | 你觉得我后悔离开拿骚了 |
[06:25] | That that is the mark Eleanor Guthrie left on me? | 你觉得那是埃莉诺·格斯里在我身上留下的印记 |
[06:28] | I know it is. | 我知道是的 |
[06:29] | And I know that you’re conflicted | 我也知道你对于抛下的一切 |
[06:31] | about what you have left behind. | 充满了矛盾 |
[06:34] | But the question is whether you can cling fast | 但重要的是 你是否能坚守 |
[06:37] | to the truth we both hold in our hearts, | 我们都深信不疑的真相 |
[06:39] | the truth that makes us of the same mind. | 正是这种信念让我们成了同一类人 |
[06:42] | And what truth is that? | 那是什么 |
[06:44] | That a lion keeps no den. | 雄狮从不安家 |
[06:48] | Because the savanna, all the space within it, | 因为广阔无垠的草原 |
[06:51] | everything that walks and crawls upon it belongs to him. | 上面一切行走爬行的生物都属于它 |
[06:56] | When I talked like that, they all looked at me like I was mad. | 每次我这么说 他们都以为我是疯子 |
[06:59] | They never understood. | 他们永远不会理解 |
[07:01] | There’s hardly any of us who do. | 很少有人能了解我们这样的人 |
[07:05] | Sails! | 发现船只 |
[07:14] | – Three masts. – Colors? | -三桅帆船 -是谁的船 |
[07:20] | Spanish. | 西班牙 |
[07:25] | Signal the fleet. | 通知舰队 |
[07:27] | Set a course to pursue. | 定一条航线追上去 |
[07:36] | It was never a rule. No one ever decided it. | 从来就没有过这种规矩 没人规定过 |
[07:38] | It was just something of an understanding. | 这只不过是一种共识 |
[07:41] | Spanish ships are to be avoided. | 要避开西班牙的船 |
[07:43] | Yeah, for fear of reprisals against Nassau. | 是啊 因为害怕他们会报复拿骚 |
[07:46] | I suppose that’s one less thing to worry about now, then. | 我想现在来看这是最不需要担心的事了 |
[08:25] | Give us the room. | 让我们单独聊聊 |
[08:52] | They say you are dead. | 他们都说你死了 |
[08:55] | They say you were defeated by Captain Hornigold. | 他们说你被霍尼戈德船长打败了 |
[09:00] | They only truly ever have half the story, don’t they? | 他们的话只能信一半 难道不是吗 |
[09:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:18] | It’s fallen. Hasn’t it? | 快坚持不下去了 对吗 |
[09:24] | A pardon was offered, | 他们提出了赦免 |
[09:26] | and it brought down our defenses without a shot bein’ fired. | 不需一枪一炮就轻易瓦解了我们的防御 |
[09:33] | Did no one put up any resistance? | 没人进行抵抗吗 |
[09:35] | Not even Vane? | 连韦恩都没有吗 |
[09:38] | Obviously he took no pardon, | 他当然不会接受赦免 |
[09:41] | but it was all he and Captain Teach could do to escape. | 但是他和蒂奇船长也只能一逃了之 |
[09:45] | Teach? | 蒂奇 |
[09:47] | Teach was there on the island? | 蒂奇也在岛上吗 |
[09:50] | He was. But he and Captain Vane | 是的 但是他和韦恩船长 |
[09:53] | slipped away with most of the men and ships | 带着大部分有心反抗 |
[09:55] | that might have been willing to resist the occupation. | 人和船只逃走了 |
[10:01] | I wonder if ever a war so loudly anticipated | 为什么原本以为会轰轰烈烈地打一仗 |
[10:06] | ended so quietly. | 却无声无息地结束了 |
[10:15] | How? | 怎么会这样 |
[10:18] | How did you do all this? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[10:21] | Before the Rosario raids, there were warnings, | 罗萨里奥突袭之前 就已经流言四起 |
[10:23] | whispers that Spain intended to retaliate | 传闻西班牙准备报复 |
[10:26] | against Richard Guthrie and his growing pirate empire. | 理查德·格斯里和他日益壮大的海盗帝国 |
[10:31] | I could not leave my wife and daughter in harm’s way, | 我不能丢下我的妻子和女儿 让她们受伤 |
[10:36] | so I secured them passage here. | 所以我护送她们来到了这里 |
[10:39] | It was smaller then, disorganized, | 那时候这里小多了 一片混乱 |
[10:43] | but it was far more remote than other camps like it, safer. | 但是也比其他营地更远 更安全 |
[10:49] | They agreed to take my family in, | 他们同意接纳我的家人 |
[10:52] | and I agreed to offer them support from my position in Nassau. | 我同意凭借我在拿骚的地位来帮助他们 |
[10:57] | Of the hundreds of slaves killed by the Spanish soldiers | 在突袭中 西班牙士兵杀掉了 |
[11:01] | during the raid, no one even questioned me | 几百名奴隶 我说我的妻女 |
[11:04] | when I suggested that my wife and daughter were amongst them. | 也在其中时 没有人质疑过我 |
[11:08] | Not even Eleanor. | 连埃莉诺都没有怀疑 |
[11:11] | When Richard Guthrie left the island, | 理查德·格斯里离开岛上以后 |
[11:14] | I was left to oversee his business, | 托我打理他的生意 |
[11:18] | but the scrutiny of wearing the crown | 但身居此位 众人都虎视眈眈 |
[11:20] | made secrecy difficult and travel near impossible. | 这样以来我很难保住秘密 更别说回来了 |
[11:24] | Once Eleanor was ready to assume control, | 所以当埃莉诺准备夺权时 |
[11:27] | I encouraged it so that I might manage | 我非常支持她 这样我就有可能 |
[11:30] | the survival of both places outside the scrutiny of either. | 避开那些眼线 明哲保身 |
[11:41] | For as long as I have known you, | 我认识你这么久 |
[11:44] | you’ve been two wholly separate men. | 你一直都有不为人知的一面 |
[11:52] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[11:56] | Now I can no longer do that which I am needed to do. | 现在我再也没法继续做我该做的事了 |
[12:02] | Now my wife, my daughter, | 我的妻子 我的女儿 |
[12:05] | and all who live here are in the gravest of danger. | 以及这里的所有人都处在巨大的危险之中 |
[12:09] | They must find a way to steal what they need to live. | 他们必须想办法偷取生活必需品 |
[12:12] | They must learn the skill fast and well | 而且要迅速学会并做到娴熟 |
[12:14] | lest it lead them to be discovered here. | 以防被其他人发现这里 |
[12:17] | And they will need help to do so. | 他们会需要帮助 |
[12:22] | Your help. | 你的帮助 |
[12:27] | A partnership? | 搭档 |
[12:30] | He said that? | 他这么说的吗 |
[12:33] | With Nassau gone, they’ve lost a vital supply line. | 拿骚沦陷后 他们失去了主要的供给线 |
[12:37] | We would go out on the account– hunt for them, | 考虑到我们要出去为他们找物资 |
[12:39] | using this place as a hidden base for operations. | 我们需要将这里用作行动的秘密基地 |
[12:43] | However, he acknowledged that he lacks the ability | 不过 他承认他没有权力 |
[12:46] | to ratify any such arrangement. | 批准这项安排 |
[12:49] | He has authority here, but he doesn’t have the final word. | 他在这里的确有权威 但不是最后拍板的人 |
[12:55] | The Queen. | 女王 |
[12:58] | Her concerns about our trustworthiness remain. | 她对我们是否值得信任仍心存疑虑 |
[13:02] | He said that he would arrange for me to appeal directly to the Queen, | 他说会给我安排直接向女王请愿 |
[13:05] | try and convince her that we are worthy allies, | 让她相信我们是值得信任的同盟 |
[13:07] | and that given the fall of Nassau, | 既然现在拿骚已经沦陷 |
[13:09] | we are partners well matched. | 我们是非常相称的搭档 |
[13:11] | They have a home with no means to supply it, | 他们有基地却没有供给 |
[13:13] | we the other way around. | 我们则刚好相反 |
[13:15] | And what if you can’t convince her? | 如果你没法说服她呢 |
[13:19] | I will put the case as best I can. | 我会尽量打动她 |
[13:24] | But if I feel that it isn’t happening… | 但如果我觉得没戏… |
[13:31] | Then I get in close to the queen | 那我就靠近女王 |
[13:35] | and make it clear | 向她说明 |
[13:36] | that either everyone on this crew is released | 除非放走这里的所有人 |
[13:38] | with a guide to take them safely back to the beach, | 并安排他们安全地回到海滩上 |
[13:42] | or the Queen dies within days of the King. | 不然女王也将追随国王而去 |
[13:47] | Even if you could get to her without being killed in the process, | 就算你在靠近她之前没有被人杀了 |
[13:51] | even if you could get the knife to her throat | 就算你可以把刀架在她的脖子上 |
[13:53] | and convince them to let us go, | 说服他们放了我们 |
[13:54] | you would never get out of this alive. | 你是不可能活着脱身的 |
[14:19] | Told you once lived here. | 听说你原来住过这 |
[14:22] | For a short time, when I was very young. | 小时候住过很短时间 |
[14:24] | Before my father moved us to the interior | 我父亲把家搬去内陆后 |
[14:26] | and the opium traders claimed it for themselves. | 鸦片贩子就抢占了这里 |
[14:29] | Home to a smuggler, den to opium fiends, salon to a pirate king. | 走私者的家 鸦片贩子老窝 海盗王的宝殿 |
[14:34] | Suppose I’ll fit right in. | 我应该能很快适应 |
[14:37] | Before any of that, it was home to a long line of governors. | 之前 这里是很多总督的住所 |
[14:39] | It will remember. | 余威犹存 |
[14:40] | Yes, well, let’s hope I don’t fit in too well with them. | 是 但愿我也别跟他们一样 |
[14:45] | Sir? | 长官 |
[14:46] | For your signature. | 请您签名 |
[14:47] | Thank you, Lieutenant. | 谢谢你 副官 |
[14:52] | What is that? | 是什么 |
[14:54] | Petitions to the Lloyds, attesting to the fact | 给劳埃德公司的申请书 以证明 |
[14:56] | that the damage to the “Willing Mind” last night | 志者号昨晚所遭的破坏 |
[14:57] | was no fault of ours and thus insurable. | 不是由我们造成 他们应该赔付 |
[15:02] | A month from now, somewhere in Cornwall, | 一个月之后 康沃尔某地 |
[15:05] | a clerk will be asked to draft a letter to Charles Vane, | 一个文书会被要求向查尔斯·韦恩去函 |
[15:07] | asking for his version of events. | 询问事件真实性 |
[15:09] | And they’ll withhold payment for years, | 然后他们会压着赔偿金几年 |
[15:10] | awaiting his response. | 等韦恩回复 |
[15:13] | Between you and I, if there were ever a moment | 别说出去 如果说有那么一个时刻 |
[15:15] | in which I sympathized with the desire to tear down the flag | 让我想改旗易帜 |
[15:17] | and declare myself in open rebellion against the Crown, | 反对这帝制皇权 |
[15:20] | it’s when dealing with the insurance company. | 第一个收拾的就是保险公司 |
[15:28] | He isn’t coming back. | 他不会回来了 |
[15:33] | Charles Vane is no longer a part of Nassau’s story. | 查尔斯·韦恩与拿骚不再有关 |
[15:37] | You know that, yes? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[15:39] | My lord. | 大人 |
[15:42] | Do you have it? | 找到了吗 |
[15:43] | Excavation of the northwest tunnel is complete. | 西北边隧洞的挖掘已经完成 |
[15:46] | After significant work to– | 在大家辛勤… |
[15:47] | Do you have it? | 找到了吗 |
[15:51] | The main vaults are secured, as are its contents– | 主要藏宝洞和里面的财宝都派人在守着 |
[15:54] | a sizable fortune in Spanish gold. | 有很多西班牙金币 |
[16:00] | Thank you, Captain. | 谢谢你 船长 |
[16:01] | The Commodore will take control of the structure | 准将会接管那里 |
[16:03] | and ready the gold for transport to Havana. | 把金币运往哈瓦那 |
[16:06] | Wait. | 等等 |
[16:07] | Any news from the fort as to Captain Rackham’s whereabouts? | 拉克姆船长有下落吗 |
[16:11] | I’m told he and Anne Bonny fled before our arrival. | 听说他和安妮·伯妮在我们到达前逃走了 |
[16:13] | Their– their whereabouts are unknown. | 下落不明 |
[16:22] | Why? | 为什么问这个 |
[16:24] | Spain may be appeased, but the street is still an open question. | 西班牙的怒火或许平息了 但街头仍然纷乱 |
[16:29] | If you want me to help you play that game, | 如果你想让我帮你玩这游戏 |
[16:30] | I need to know where all the players are. | 我需要知道玩家们都在哪 |
[16:33] | I see. | 明白了 |
[16:35] | And when do you presume this game begins? | 你觉得这游戏何时开始 |
[16:40] | It already has. | 已经开始了 |
[16:55] | Next man. | 下一个 |
[16:58] | – Sir. – Your name. | -先生 -叫什么 |
[16:59] | Fowler… | 福勒 |
[17:01] | I am once again a citizen of the British Empire. | 我又成大英帝国的子民了 |
[17:05] | Mm-hmm. Congratulations. | 是 恭喜 |
[17:09] | – And your profession? – Sailmaker, sir. | -什么职业 -修帆工 先生 |
[17:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:15] | Next man. | 下一个 |
[17:17] | Name? | 叫什么 |
[17:21] | It’s done? | 弄完了吗 |
[17:22] | I do solemnly swear. | 我庄严宣誓 |
[17:24] | Signed my name, and my account with the law is now square. | 签下了名字 现在犯的罪一笔勾销了 |
[17:28] | A few hours ago, any magistrate in the Empire | 几个钟头前 任何英国的治安官 |
[17:30] | would have hanged me without hesitation. | 都会毫不犹豫地吊死我 |
[17:33] | Children would have cheered, | 孩童会欢呼 |
[17:34] | women would have taken comfort– | 妇女会安下心 |
[17:36] | one less villain in the world. | 世界上又少了个恶人 |
[17:38] | Men would have looked on in awe, | 男人会敬畏地望着我 |
[17:40] | wondering what adventures and mischief | 想象自己如果和我一样 |
[17:42] | they’d missed in their lives that I’d lived in mine. | 会经历何种冒险与逍遥 |
[17:46] | And with the stroke of a pen, it’s all gone | 现在大笔一挥 这些都没了 |
[17:48] | as if it never existed, | 就像从没存在过 |
[17:51] | rendering me nothing more than a humble tavern bookkeeper. | 让我与平凡的酒馆账房别无二致 |
[17:59] | I sincerely hope this doesn’t diminish your attraction to me. | 我真心希望这不会消减我在你心中的魅力 |
[18:06] | – Move aside. – Coming through. Step aside. | -让开 -退后 |
[18:28] | When weeks went by | 几周过去 |
[18:29] | with no news of your sentence having been carried out, | 都没你被行刑的消息传出 |
[18:32] | I assumed an arrangement had been reached | 我以为政府决定 |
[18:34] | to carry it out privately | 要秘密处死你 |
[18:37] | or a deal had been brokered | 或者达成协议 |
[18:38] | to commute your execution to a long prison stay. | 将你的死刑变为长期监禁 |
[18:42] | I suppose I should have seen this, | 我以为我应该会看到这一幕 |
[18:45] | that somehow your grip on this place | 不论如何 你治理这里的印记 |
[18:47] | would be too strong to be denied by a king, | 太过深刻 就连国王 |
[18:51] | his laws, or even your death. | 法律 甚至你的死讯都无法将之抹去 |
[18:56] | In the winter, the sun drives hard through those windows. | 冬天的时候 阳光非常强烈地透过窗户射进来 |
[18:59] | You’ll be blinded there | 刺得你眼睛都睁不开 |
[19:00] | lest you keep them shuttered all day long. | 所以你成天都把窗帘拉着 |
[19:02] | I had the desk where it was for a reason, | 我原本不把桌子放在这儿是有原因的 |
[19:05] | though I suppose you haven’t been here long enough | 可我想你在位时间太短了 |
[19:06] | to know how to sit in that chair. | 还不知道怎么坐稳这把椅子 |
[19:10] | So here you are, | 所以你来了 |
[19:13] | and I do not imagine you came to decorate. | 我想你也不是来教我怎么打点屋子的 |
[19:19] | The governor is going to announce today | 总督今天要宣布 |
[19:21] | the formation of a governing council. | 成立一个管理委员会 |
[19:23] | 12 seats. | 12个席位 |
[19:25] | Six filled from his ranks, | 六个他的人 |
[19:26] | six filled from merchants native to the island. | 六个本地商人 |
[19:29] | It will signal the governor’s clear intent | 这会向新普罗维登斯岛的人们 |
[19:31] | to give the people of New Providence Island | 明确表达总督的用意 |
[19:32] | a meaningful say in their own futures, | 这对他们的未来意味深长 |
[19:36] | and we would like you to bless it. | 我们希望你能预祝此事 |
[19:40] | I am sorry. Are you offering me a seat? | 抱歉 你是在向我抛出橄榄枝吗 |
[19:42] | No. The six names have already been chosen, | 不是 这六个人已经定了 |
[19:46] | and yours is not among them. | 你不在其中 |
[19:57] | I own title to more of the street than you ever did. | 我在这里的掌控范围比你曾经的更大 |
[20:01] | I earn as much legitimate income as you ever did. | 我赚来的正当收入和你从前的一样多 |
[20:05] | I have no enemies and strong friends. | 我没有树敌 朋友关系很牢固 |
[20:09] | I am the one they all come to hear | 出了事没人管 |
[20:11] | to make peace between them when no one else can. | 他们都让我来出面协调 |
[20:13] | You are a pirate. | 你是海盗 |
[20:17] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[20:20] | The first thing he asked me to do | 他让我做的第一件事 |
[20:21] | was to identify pirate ringleaders on the island. | 就是找出岛上的海盗头目 |
[20:24] | Organizers. | 组织者 |
[20:27] | And you named me? | 而你说是我 |
[20:29] | Undermined my reputation with him before he– | 在他耳边诋毁我的名誉 在他还没… |
[20:31] | You abetted the practice. | 这事儿是你在煽风点火 |
[20:34] | You signed articles, for Christ’s sakes. | 拜托 是你签订了条款 |
[20:36] | You held a share in an active crew. | 你在主要成员中占有一席之地 |
[20:38] | What I have done so thoroughly pales in comparison | 我的所作所为根本不能 |
[20:41] | to what you did before me. | 与你之前的相提并论 |
[20:42] | And I lost everything for it. | 所以害得我什么都没了 |
[20:45] | I lost everything. | 什么都没了 |
[20:48] | Remember that when you sit in that chair. | 你坐在那把椅子上的时候要记得这些话 |
[20:53] | You were wise to come to me. | 你来找我是明智之举 |
[20:56] | If I remain silent about this council | 如果我对管委会缄默不语 |
[20:58] | or, worse yet, oppose its formation, | 或者再退一步 反对成立管委会 |
[21:01] | it will sow all manner of | 就会在我的同事之中埋下 |
[21:02] | mistrust and apprehension amongst my colleagues. | 各种各样的怀疑和恐惧 |
[21:07] | For if I can be so easily discarded, | 要是连我都会被轻易地铲除 |
[21:11] | who next? | 下一个会是谁呢 |
[21:13] | Which is why you won’t remain silent. | 所以你不能保持缄默 |
[21:15] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[21:17] | ‘Cause this is important to him, | 因为这对他很重要 |
[21:19] | that the street understands | 外面的人明白 |
[21:20] | that his intentions are genuine | 他是真心实意的 |
[21:22] | and he means to be a friend. | 他有意与之为友 |
[21:25] | If you undermine that, | 如果你搞破坏 |
[21:27] | he can make life very difficult for you. | 他会让你的日子很难过 |
[21:31] | You should know | 你应该知道 |
[21:34] | people do not speak to me that way anymore. | 没人敢再那样对我说话了 |
[21:39] | Be smart. | 放聪明点 |
[21:41] | Was I on that list? | 我在那份名单上吗 |
[21:46] | That night before you were taken, | 你被捕前夜 |
[21:49] | when you made the first of your lists | 你列出的第一份 |
[21:51] | of those you wanted to see dead– | 你要看着他们死的名单 |
[21:53] | Mr. Stayton, Mr. Atz, Mr. Featherstone, | 斯泰顿先生 阿特兹先生 费瑟斯通先生 |
[21:58] | Jack, Anne… | 杰克 安妮… |
[22:02] | was I on that list? | 我也在上面吗 |
[22:05] | No. | 不在 |
[22:09] | The night I was taken, | 我被捕的那个晚上 |
[22:11] | did you inform Hornigold where he could find me? | 你跟霍尼戈德说我在哪了吗 |
[22:16] | No. | 没有 |
[24:00] | Ellers. | 埃勒斯 |
[24:02] | Captain? | 船长 |
[24:04] | Get me some rum. | 给我拿点朗姆酒 |
[24:15] | You think that this is something you can ignore. | 你觉得你可以不把那放在心上 |
[24:18] | It isn’t. | 不行的 |
[24:21] | I said I would hear him. | 我说过我会听他把话讲完 |
[24:23] | How is that ignoring anything? | 那怎么就不放在心上了 |
[24:25] | You said you would hear him. | 你说你会听听看 |
[24:28] | I need you to listen. | 但我需要你仔细听他说的 |
[24:29] | I understand that you | 我明白 |
[24:30] | think that Flint is the answer to all of it. | 你认为弗林特是解决这一切的答案 |
[24:33] | I would like to tell you that I agree | 如果只有这样才能安抚你 |
[24:35] | if for no other reason than to appease you so you can rest. | 让你能好好休息 我也很想告诉你我同意 |
[24:39] | But in the state that you’re in, | 但就你现在的状况 |
[24:40] | the one thing I swear I will not do is lie to you. | 我最不想做的事 就是欺骗你 |
[24:44] | I will hear him. | 我会听听他说什么 |
[24:45] | I will look in his eyes while he tells me | 等他告诉我 他会是值得我们信任的同伴时 |
[24:48] | that he can be trusted to be a partner to us. | 我会看着他的眼睛 |
[24:51] | But if I for a moment doubt him… | 但假如我有那么一瞬间怀疑他 |
[24:59] | Do you trust me to make this decision? | 你信任我 由我做这个决定吗 |
[25:03] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[25:11] | Shall I come back? | 要我待会再来吗 |
[25:14] | Come. | 进来吧 |
[25:20] | Rest. | 好好休息 |
[25:31] | Did she listen to you? | 你说服她了吗 |
[25:34] | No. | 没有 |
[25:36] | You? | 你呢 |
[25:42] | I removed one of them from the cage last night, | 我昨晚把他们中的一个从笼子里带了出来 |
[25:46] | spoke briefly with him. | 简单地跟他谈了谈 |
[25:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:55] | You’re my father, and I love you… | 你是我父亲 我爱你 |
[26:01] | but I do not know you. | 但是我不了解你 |
[26:04] | Those men, they are your life. | 你的性命全指望那些人 |
[26:08] | I wanted to know it, at least a little. | 我想了解一下 哪怕只是一点点 |
[26:23] | I will be all right. | 我会没事的 |
[26:56] | You’re against it. | 你不同意 |
[27:02] | An escape plan that involves | 这个逃跑计划 |
[27:03] | the certainty of losing our captain | 百分百会让我们的船长送命 |
[27:06] | in lieu of potentially getting a powerful ally. | 而可能让我们获得一个强大的同盟 |
[27:09] | “Potentially” being the operative word. | 但那也只是可能 |
[27:11] | And if he tries and comes up short, | 如果他尝试了 结果不理想 |
[27:14] | we may lose our only shot of gettin’ out of here alive. | 我们可能就失去了活着离开这的唯一机会 |
[27:17] | This would seem to be no choice at all. | 除了这个计划 似乎也别无他法了 |
[27:20] | Maybe, though you seem awfully eager to get rid of him. | 或许吧 只是你似乎十分迫切地想除掉他 |
[27:24] | ‘Course I am. | 那是自然 |
[27:29] | We propped him up because his strength as a captain | 我们支持他是因为他作为一个船长的优势 |
[27:31] | was the thing that was gonna keep us alive. | 能够让我们活下去 |
[27:35] | But now his death becomes that thing. | 但现在唯有他死才能让我们活命 |
[27:39] | I understand that you’ve made gains | 我明白你近些日子 |
[27:41] | towards a rapport with the captain in recent days, | 因为跟船长关系甚密而获得不少好处 |
[27:44] | but if he wants to sacrifice himself so that we might go free, | 但如果他想牺牲自己来换我们的自由 |
[27:49] | I mean, that might be the first selfless thing | 那会是我们认识他这么久以来 |
[27:50] | he’s done for our benefit since we’ve known him. | 他为我们做的第一件无私的事了 |
[27:56] | I’d ask you not to get in his way. | 我希望你不要阻拦他 |
[30:58] | Open. | 打开 |
[31:34] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[31:48] | My lord. | 阁下 |
[31:52] | I think you know who I am. | 我想你知道我是谁 |
[31:54] | May we have a word in private, please? | 我们可以私下谈谈吗 |
[32:17] | With everything I have sacrificed to be a part of Nassau’s future, | 看在我为了拿骚的未来所做的牺牲的份上 |
[32:20] | please understand, | 请理解 |
[32:22] | I cannot endorse a version of that future | 我无法赞同在未来的蓝图上 |
[32:24] | in which I am still on the outside of it looking in. | 我依然是一个旁观者 |
[32:37] | You want a seat on the council. | 你想争取委员会的一席 |
[32:39] | You say you want to be a friend of Nassau. | 你说你想与拿骚为友 |
[32:42] | Well, I am a Nassau. | 我就是个拿骚人 |
[32:46] | You question whether I deserve this friendship. | 你怀疑我是否值得这份友谊 |
[32:49] | It is a fair thing to ask. | 你的怀疑不是没有道理 |
[32:51] | So I suggest, like the longest lasting of friendships, | 所以我提议 为了能建立 |
[32:55] | the one that lasts to the grave, | 这种天长地久的友谊 |
[32:58] | I substantiate my worthiness | 我用我的陪嫁 |
[32:59] | to enter into it with a dowry. | 来证明我进委员会的价值 |
[33:07] | For obvious reasons, that is only a sample. | 很显然 那只是一个样品 |
[33:09] | There are several thousand more behind it, | 它代表着数以千计的财产 |
[33:11] | assuming we are able to reach an agreement here today. | 前提是我们今天能达成协议 |
[33:17] | These are profits from running a tavern? | 这些是经营酒馆的利润吗 |
[33:20] | Jesus. It’s from the Spanish gold. | 天啊 这属于西班牙金币 |
[33:23] | Money you held out from the fort– your share. | 是你从堡垒抽的钱 你的份额 |
[33:26] | Not as far as you know. | 不是你想的那样 |
[33:27] | Not as far as Spain knows. | 西班牙也不知道 |
[33:29] | As far as anyone knows, | 众所周知 |
[33:30] | the entirety of the Spanish gold | 全部的西班牙金币 |
[33:32] | was captured today in the fort by your men. | 现如今被你手下控制在堡垒中 |
[33:35] | And this? | 至于这个 |
[33:37] | This comes from nowhere. | 不知道来源 |
[33:39] | That is its virtue. | 这才是它的价值 |
[33:41] | No covenants, no conditions. | 没有协议 没有条件 |
[33:45] | No history. | 没有来龙去脉 |
[33:47] | Just an unexpected investment from a loyal resident. | 只是一个忠诚的居民给予的意外投资 |
[33:51] | An investment so substantial, I might add, | 我要多说一句 一份如此重要的投资 |
[33:54] | it would dramatically, if not definitively, | 它虽说不是一定 却可以极大地 |
[33:56] | improve your prospects for success. | 提升你成功的可能 |
[34:00] | And what exactly would you want in exchange | 那你为了这份投资 |
[34:02] | for this investment? | 具体想要什么回报呢 |
[34:05] | An end to this conversation. | 结束这场谈判 |
[34:08] | An end to questions about my past | 停止质疑我的过去 |
[34:10] | and a new beginning in which we all agree | 以及一致同意翻开新篇章 |
[34:12] | there is no history in this place anymore, | 今后将不再有历史遗留问题 |
[34:16] | only a future in which you and I are truly friends. | 今后我俩将是真正的朋友 |
[34:47] | Billy doesn’t give a shit if you die tomorrow. | 比利才不管你明天会不会死 |
[34:54] | But I suppose you knew that already. | 但我想你早就知道了 |
[35:00] | You know, the strange thing is, I– | 你知道吗 奇怪的是 我… |
[35:03] | I should be with Billy. | 我本应和比利在一起 |
[35:05] | Until most recently, I’m quite certain I would have been. | 直到刚刚 我都坚信我应该这样 |
[35:09] | Unbothered by the idea of trading your life | 不管大家是不是要 |
[35:12] | for the rest of the crew’s. | 拿你的命换剩下船员的命 |
[35:16] | And yet, for some reason, | 然而 不知怎的 |
[35:20] | right now I am bothered by it. | 我现在却很为难 |
[35:26] | But I understand it. | 但我知道 |
[35:28] | I understand the allure | 我知道让大家不再把你看作 |
[35:31] | of ensuring that no one will ever think you | 你自己都害怕成为的坏蛋 |
[35:33] | the villain you fear you are. | 这份诱惑有多大 |
[35:42] | What a waste, it seems to me, | 在我看来 太不值得了 |
[35:44] | knowing it doesn’t have to be this way, | 明知道不需要这样 |
[35:48] | knowing the man who talked me | 明知道这个说服我 |
[35:49] | into giving a shit about this crew, | 关心船队的男人 |
[35:53] | why, he could talk those people out there into anything. | 本可以说服任何人做任何事 |
[36:00] | If he wanted to. | 只要他想 |
[37:17] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[37:20] | Billy. | 比利 |
[37:48] | I have great respect for your husband, | 我对您丈夫充满敬意 |
[37:52] | and I know what he wants me to say– | 我也知道他想让我说什么 |
[37:56] | that you have no choice but to use me and my men to hunt for you, | 说你没办法只能利用我和我手下为你寻找物资 |
[38:00] | that I am your only means of survival. | 说我是你们活下来的唯一手段 |
[38:07] | But let’s be honest. | 但让我们开诚布公 |
[38:10] | If that is all I can offer you, | 如果我只能给你那些 |
[38:12] | then my men and I are dead before the sun rises tomorrow, | 那么我和我手下就见不到明天的太阳了 |
[38:18] | because you know there is always a choice to be made, | 因为你知道总会有办法的 |
[38:22] | and you don’t trust me at all. | 而且你根本就不相信我 |
[38:28] | So… | 所以… |
[38:31] | let us assume that I can offer you something better. | 假设我能给你更好的东西 |
[38:37] | You have hidden in this place for a lifetime, | 你已经在这里躲了一辈子了 |
[38:40] | hidden from the harsh realities that lie beyond this veil | 躲避存在于你织就的这张面纱之外的 |
[38:45] | that you have constructed here, | 那些残酷的现实 |
[38:47] | but the moment that that shot entered his belly, | 但在那颗子弹射中他腹部的瞬间 |
[38:52] | that veil began to unravel, | 这张面纱开始被徐徐掀开 |
[38:55] | and sooner or later, | 或早或晚 |
[38:57] | you are going to have to confront these realities, | 你将不得不面对这些现实 |
[39:01] | chief among them being that England takes | 首当其冲的便是英格兰夺取它想要的一切 |
[39:04] | whatever, | 夺走任何东西 |
[39:05] | whenever, however it wants. | 在任何时间 以任何手段 |
[39:10] | Lives. | 生命 |
[39:12] | Loves. Labor. | 爱 劳动力 |
[39:14] | Spirits. Homes. | 心灵 家园 |
[39:18] | It has taken them from me. | 它曾将这些从我这里夺走 |
[39:20] | I imagine that it has taken it from you. | 我料想它也曾将这些从你那里夺走 |
[39:26] | And when that veil drops altogether, | 而当那张面纱被彻底揭开 |
[39:29] | they will come for more. | 他们会来夺走更多 |
[39:32] | You’re suggesting that you could help us | 你是在说你可以帮助我们 |
[39:35] | prevent England from taking these things? | 阻止英格兰夺走这些 |
[39:37] | No, I am suggesting that we help each other | 不 我是在提议我们彼此帮助 |
[39:43] | start taking things back, | 开始把东西夺回来 |
[39:47] | and it starts with Nassau. | 就从拿骚开始 |
[39:52] | You cannot stay here. | 你们不能留在此地 |
[39:54] | This camp’s secrecy is its virtue, | 隐蔽是这个营地的优势 |
[39:57] | but that secrecy is going. | 但那份隐蔽正在瓦解 |
[39:59] | Nassau is defendable. | 拿骚可以自我防御 |
[40:02] | Nassau can supply itself. | 拿骚可以自给自足 |
[40:06] | Is that not exactly the sort of place that could replace this? | 那不正是可以取代此处的地方吗 |
[40:11] | A place that you could settle? | 一个你们可以安身的地方 |
[40:14] | Settle? Governor Woodes Rogers | 安身 伍兹·罗杰斯总督 |
[40:16] | holds Nassau Town with a full company of British regulars. | 携领一整编英国军人掌控了拿骚 |
[40:20] | He holds the harbor with a small navy. | 他以小队海军掌控海港 |
[40:22] | He holds the men on the street with his pardons. | 以赦免掌控街头的人们 |
[40:24] | Woodes Rogers has an inoperative fort, | 伍兹·罗杰斯的堡垒形同虚设 |
[40:28] | responsibility for an administrative nightmare | 他要为这场行政噩梦负责 |
[40:31] | that isn’t going away just because he wants it to, | 哪怕他想 也无法使之消散 |
[40:33] | and an island full of hunters | 他还要面对整岛的猎人 |
[40:34] | that may be placated for now, | 也许他们暂时被安抚 |
[40:37] | but could be awoken. | 但仍可以被唤醒 |
[40:39] | That I could awaken. | 被我唤醒 |
[40:42] | How do you propose to do that? | 你打算怎么做到那点 |
[40:46] | They pledged to follow me when they thought I was alive. | 他们以为我还活着时曾承诺追随我 |
[40:51] | They turned when they thought I was gone. | 他们以为我死时才改变立场 |
[40:55] | So I will come back from the dead | 所以我将从死亡中归来 |
[40:58] | and lay claim to what I am owed. | 去领取本应属于我的 |
[41:03] | Let’s say that by some miracle | 让我们姑且假设通过某种奇迹 |
[41:05] | we could dislodge the British from Nassau. | 我们可以将英国海军从拿骚驱逐 |
[41:08] | I could not possibly hope to defend it with my numbers. | 我根本不能指望以我的人力能保卫拿骚 |
[41:11] | Your numbers? | 你的人力 |
[41:12] | For every man in your camp, | 你营地里的每个人 |
[41:14] | there are thousands somewhere in the West Indies | 都有数以千计的同胞在西印度群岛 |
[41:16] | living under the same yoke, | 生活在同样的枷锁之下 |
[41:18] | chained in fields, pressed on ships, | 被束缚在田地间 被扣押在船舶上 |
[41:21] | sold into indenture. | 被签下卖身契 |
[41:24] | When they see a sitting governor | 当他们看到一位 |
[41:27] | protected by His Majesty’s Navy, | 受英国皇家海军保护的在任总督 |
[41:29] | deposed by an alliance of pirates and slaves, | 被海盗与奴隶的联盟废黜 |
[41:34] | how many consider joining that fight? | 有多少人会考虑加入那场战役 |
[41:38] | How many thousands of men | 会有几千几万的人 |
[41:40] | will flock to Nassau, join your ranks, | 蜂拥至拿骚 加入你的队伍 |
[41:44] | and help you defend it? | 帮助你保卫它 |
[41:46] | What does a colonial power do when the men whose toil powers it | 当使它运作的苦力们都放下铲子拿起剑 |
[41:52] | lay down their shovels, | 说”到此为止” |
[41:54] | take up swords, and say, “No more”? | 那一点殖民势力还能做些什么 |
[42:00] | Bring down Nassau, | 拿下拿骚 |
[42:04] | maybe you bring it all down. | 也许你就拿下了一切 |
[42:12] | Spanish intelligence. | 西班牙的情报人员 |
[42:15] | They’ll carry files from station to station, | 他们在各情报站之间运送文件 |
[42:17] | relaying information up the chain of command. | 传递指令链上的信息 |
[42:20] | Looks like this was a heavy load. | 看起来这一批文件信息量很大 |
[42:22] | What do you think they could have had in there? | 你认为那些文件里都写了些什么 |
[42:27] | Well, it could be inventories for silver shipments. | 可能是银币的货运清单 |
[42:30] | Could be treasure fleet schedules. | 可能是珍宝舰队的航行计划 |
[42:31] | Could be private letters of the goddamn King. | 可能是那死国王的私人信件 |
[42:33] | Could be anything. | 可能是任何信息 |
[42:34] | Captain. Your name’s in here. | 船长 这里有你的名字 |
[42:40] | What? | 什么 |
[42:51] | The reports from the Bahamas. | 来自巴哈马群岛的报告 |
[42:55] | English operations in the area | 英国在当地的行动 |
[42:59] | and a dossier on the new governor. | 和一份新总督的卷宗 |
[43:01] | Part of an invasion plan | 如果哪一天他们决定进攻 |
[43:03] | in case they decide to go in. | 这就是那入侵计划的一部分 |
[43:05] | No, this isn’t remotely a plan. | 不 这还远远谈不上计划 |
[43:06] | It’s just someone’s notes. Fragments. | 这不过是某人零碎的笔记 |
[43:10] | Is there anything of value in it? | 有什么价值吗 |
[43:13] | Not unless we have an interest in invading Nassau, | 没价值 除非我们有兴趣入侵拿骚 |
[43:16] | which I don’t think we do. | 不过我觉得是没什么兴趣 |
[43:18] | Do we? | 有吗 |
[43:20] | No, we don’t. | 不 没有 |
[43:25] | Governor hasn’t even been here that long. | 总督到这儿才没多久 |
[43:28] | How do they learn anything about him so quickly? | 他们怎么这么快就把他查了个底朝天 |
[43:30] | Well, same way they do all the British governors in the Americas. | 这是他们对付所有在美洲的英国总督的老套路了 |
[43:34] | They have a spy in his office. | 在他们办公室安插了密探 |
[44:03] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[44:08] | At the end of every great achievement that has ever been, | 在一项伟大成就即将完成的时候 |
[44:11] | I imagine one looks back and | 我想象着一个人回首往事 |
[44:14] | is reminded of the one moment when good fortune reached out | 想起曾有一个时刻 幸运女神伸出橄榄枝 |
[44:17] | and gave the thing its blessing. | 赐予好运 |
[44:20] | I think this is the equivalent | 我觉得这等同于 |
[44:22] | of five years’ worth of tax revenue | 多征收了五年的税收 |
[44:23] | without an ounce of the resentment | 还没有丝毫的抱怨声 |
[44:25] | that traditionally comes with it. | 而通常来说是不可避免的 |
[44:29] | I’ve felt fortune’s other hand so many times, | 我曾多次感受过幸运女神的另一只手 |
[44:32] | the one that takes instead of gives, | 抢夺的那只手 而不是给予的那只手 |
[44:35] | had it snatch away victories | 它夺走了本该属于我的胜利 |
[44:36] | that by all rights should have been mine. | 和我所有的胜利果实 |
[44:38] | That feeling I know too well | 那种感受我太了解了 |
[44:40] | and still bear its scars. | 至今还留有伤疤 |
[44:42] | This… | 这次 |
[44:47] | This feels different. | 这次感觉不同 |
[44:55] | What happened that time? | 那时候发生了什么 |
[44:58] | How did you get that scar? | 那个伤疤是怎么来的 |
[45:04] | Combat with a Spanish galleon off the coast of Mexico. | 在墨西哥沿海与西班牙珍宝船战斗后 |
[45:09] | We had routed her. | 我们跟踪了它 |
[45:12] | By all rights, her colors should have been struck. | 反正不管怎样 他们都会遇袭的 |
[45:14] | And they were, just minutes after the event. | 而事实也如我所料 就在几分钟后 |
[45:17] | But in that moment, | 但就在那时 |
[45:20] | one of her stern chasers | 珍宝船的一尊艉炮 |
[45:22] | fired a shot at the most implausible angle. | 往一个极其古怪的角度开炮了 |
[45:25] | Nothing more than the desperation of a dying thing, | 虽然是强弩之末 |
[45:28] | but that shot hit us right at the helm. | 但是那一炮正中我方船舵 |
[45:34] | When the smoke cleared, my brother was dead | 当烟雾散去 我的哥哥死了 |
[45:40] | and I had this. | 我留下了这个伤疤 |
[45:47] | Though I suppose it’s some strange irony that if he hadn’t died, | 然而我觉得这很讽刺 如果他没有死 |
[45:50] | it wouldn’t have made for nearly as interesting a book | 就不会有故事来让我写这本备受关注的书了 |
[45:52] | and I probably wouldn’t be here right now. | 而我现在大概也不会出现在这儿了 |
[46:15] | I’m sorry. Were you summoned? | 抱歉 传唤你了吗 |
[46:23] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[46:24] | This is so foreign to me. | 这对我来说很陌生 |
[46:26] | I– I don’t know how to do it. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[46:37] | About six months ago, | 大概六个月前 |
[46:38] | I was approached by a man who introduced himself as John | 我被引荐给一个自称约翰的男人 |
[46:42] | and said his employers wished | 他说他的雇主希望 |
[46:43] | to monitor your operation to retake Nassau, | 监视你夺取拿骚的行动 |
[46:46] | said they had a vested interest. | 说他们有既得权利 |
[46:49] | I assumed this had something to do with your investors, | 我猜想这和你的投资者们相关 |
[46:52] | which seemed perfectly legitimate. | 看起来也十分正当 |
[46:58] | They offered me a significant amount of money. | 他们给了我一大笔钱 |
[47:02] | I said… yes. | 我就答应了 |
[47:08] | It turns out the man’s name is Juan Antonio Grandal | 原来这个人叫胡安·安东尼奥·格兰达 |
[47:12] | and his employer is the intelligence department | 而他的雇主 |
[47:15] | of the Casa del Contratacion. | 是印度群岛贸易馆的情报部门 |
[47:29] | Upon our arrival, I received a query from them. | 我们抵达时 我受到了他们的质问 |
[47:33] | It said the department spies | 说部门的密探们 |
[47:35] | had learned of a series of transactions | 发现了一连串交易 |
[47:37] | to exchange a significant portion | 有人将一大部分 |
[47:39] | of the Urca de Lima’s prize gold | 厄卡·德·利马号的金子 |
[47:41] | for more portable commodities. | 交换成更便携的商品 |
[47:45] | An attempt to walk away with their money | 试图背着他们 |
[47:47] | without them knowing of it… | 携款潜逃 |
[47:51] | a scheme they find most insulting. | 这个阴谋让他们觉得被羞辱了 |
[47:57] | I was then asked if you had yet learned of this converted cache. | 然后我被问到您是否获悉这里面的猫腻 |
[48:04] | So standing outside the door just now, | 所以刚刚站在门外 |
[48:07] | I found myself faced with two choices– | 我发现在我面前有两种选择 |
[48:11] | report what I had just heard, | 一是报告我刚听到的内容 |
[48:14] | that you are considering keeping this money | 您在考虑留着那笔钱 |
[48:16] | and know that Nassau will likely burn for it and me with it… | 尽管您知道拿骚可能会遭殃 我也是… |
[48:23] | or I could open the door | 或者我可以打开门 |
[48:26] | and warn you of the full scope of the danger you face | 警告您 如果你不坦白隐藏的猫腻 |
[48:28] | if you do not return the entirety of the hidden cache | 和堡垒中的金子 |
[48:32] | along with the gold from the fort. | 您将四面楚歌 |
[48:41] | I cannot even begin to imagine | 我甚至不能够想象出 |
[48:45] | what would motivate you to tell a lie like this. | 你编出这样一个谎言的动机 |
[48:51] | So let’s assume for the moment | 所以我们暂时假设 |
[48:54] | that you are telling the truth. | 你所说的都属实 |
[49:01] | I will see this money secured | 我会把这笔钱 |
[49:04] | and return it with the rest of the gold in a matter of hours. | 和剩余的金币在数小时内还回去 |
[49:09] | You’ll relay this to your contact. | 然后你去转告你的联络人 |
[49:13] | No. | 不 |
[49:16] | No? | 不 |
[49:18] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[49:22] | The department has estimated | 情报部门已经根据 |
[49:24] | the approximate total value of the cache | 交易范围预估了 |
[49:27] | based on the scope of the exchanges involved, | 被隐藏财富的大概价值 |
[49:32] | and that is only half of it. | 而那里只有半数 |
[49:48] | I’ve been thinking about our plan. | 我一直在想我们的计划 |
[49:50] | Yeah? | 然后呢 |
[49:51] | A skiff to Port Royal, | 我们乘小舟去皇家港 |
[49:53] | connect with your acquaintances there, | 联系你在那儿的熟人 |
[49:55] | purchase ship, hire crew, | 买船 招募船员 |
[49:57] | make way back to the continent, | 重回大陆 |
[49:58] | at which point the money will be secure | 而此时钱还牢牢握在咱们手中 |
[50:00] | and we can establish whatever future we choose– | 然后我们可以根据计划 |
[50:02] | the plan. | 选择我们的未来 |
[50:05] | Yeah? | 然后呢 |
[50:06] | Yeah, there’s a problem with the plan. | 但是这个计划有个问题 |
[50:10] | – It was your plan. – I know. | -是你提出的计划啊 -我知道 |
[50:16] | But I’m afraid I might have overlooked a critical step, | 但恐怕我忽略了个关键步骤 |
[50:18] | something I’m not prepared to do. | 一件我还没准备好的事儿 |
[50:21] | What step? | 哪一步 |
[50:22] | We’d need to change our names. | 我们得改个名字 |
[50:25] | Eventually, the money will protect itself. | 我们不用担心钱的问题 它会保护自己 |
[50:28] | It’ll hire guards, it’ll make us friends, | 它能雇佣守卫 让我们交到朋友 |
[50:30] | it’ll shield itself with investments and partners, | 它会在投资与合伙中得到庇护 |
[50:32] | but as long as it is in its current form, | 但只要它还是现在的样子 |
[50:35] | it is as vulnerable as a newborn babe. | 它就容易被人觊觎 |
[50:38] | To protect it, given the attention our names will draw to it, | 鉴于我们的名字会暴露它 所以为了保护它 |
[50:41] | we’ll need recourse to the law. | 我们将需要法律的援助 |
[50:42] | And at the moment, the only thing the law wants | 但现在 法律唯一想做的就是把 |
[50:44] | with Jack Rackham and Anne Bonny is their necks in nooses. | 杰克·拉克姆和安妮·伯妮绞死 |
[50:47] | To have that protection, | 为了达到保护的目的 |
[50:48] | we’ll need to assume new identities. | 我们需要一个新的身份 |
[50:50] | So we change our names for a bit. | 那我们就改名字呗 |
[50:53] | – Who gives a shit? – I do. | -多大点事儿啊 -但我在乎 |
[50:56] | A little bit. I do. | 我真有一点点在乎 |
[50:57] | With everything I’ve lost in recent days, | 目前我已经失去得够多的了 |
[50:59] | I can’t afford to lose the name, too. | 我不能连名字也丢了 |
[51:02] | Not when it is so easy to keep. | 尤其是当我还能轻易留住它的时候 |
[51:08] | – No. – Just listen. | -你不是吧 -听我说完 |
[51:10] | Are you out of your fucking mind? | 妈的 你智障啊 |
[51:12] | Charles was the only one they singled out. | 查尔斯是唯一一个没有没赦免的 |
[51:14] | They could have mentioned us. They didn’t. | 我们本来也可能会像他一样 但他们没这么做 |
[51:15] | They had pardons for unrepentant murderers back there. | 他们连执迷不悟的杀人犯都能赦免 |
[51:18] | If that is the case, then there are certainly pardons for us, too. | 如果真是这样 我们也会被赦免 |
[51:20] | Jesus Christ, Jack. | 我的天 杰克 |
[51:22] | It’ll take us half a day, if that. | 这只需要半天时间 |
[51:23] | We walk into the tavern, we sign our names, | 我们走进酒馆 签下大名 |
[51:25] | and then not only are we square with the law, | 不仅我们能免于法律的制裁 |
[51:27] | our money is, too. | 我们的钱也将安然无恙 |
[51:28] | We did it. We beat the fucking game. | 我们又不是没试过 结果还不是输得很惨 |
[51:31] | Walk another half mile, we get in that boat, | 现在我们只需再走半里路 上了船 |
[51:35] | and we win. | 我们就赢了 |
[51:39] | And you wanna go back? | 而你却想回去 |
[51:40] | Then this– you stay. | 这样的话 你留下 |
[51:43] | Maybe it’s better that way. You can watch the money. | 也许这样更好 好歹有你看着钱 |
[51:45] | I’ll return within a few hours. | 我去去就回 |
[51:47] | We’ll be on the water by nightfall. | 天黑之前 我们就应该在海上了 |
[51:50] | I’ll meet you here. Stay off the road. | 我们在这碰头 你别走远 |
[51:54] | No more than a few hours. | 我去去就回 |
[51:58] | Promise. | 我承诺 |
[52:46] | Mate. | 兄弟 |
[52:56] | I’m going to admit something to you. | 我必须得承认 |
[52:59] | Please don’t take this the wrong way… | 请不要误会 |
[53:04] | but I didn’t think there was a chance in hell | 我之前真觉得已经没戏唱了 |
[53:06] | that was actually going to work. | 但你却做到了 |
[53:08] | Me neither. | 我也没想到 |
[53:13] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[53:16] | for opening that door. | 为我打开那扇门 |
[53:23] | So what happens now? | 现在怎么打算 |
[53:29] | Now we marshal whatever resources we can, | 调动一切可利用的资源 |
[53:34] | as many ships as we can muster and allies to sail them, | 召集一切可召集的船和同盟 |
[53:38] | men resolved to defy the pardon | 还有所有拒绝赦免的人 |
[53:40] | and ready to join a war. | 准备开战 |
[53:44] | Now we go find Charles Vane. | 现在我们去找查尔斯·韦恩 |