时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | When my father arrives, I would like to propose to him | 等我父亲到后 我准备向他提议 |
[00:14] | that we don’t hang the pirates but we pardon them. | 不绞死海盗 而是赦免他们 |
[00:16] | Any man who proposes to pardon a traitor is himself a traitor. | 提议赦免叛国者的人 自己就是叛国者 |
[00:19] | I find his argument persuasive | 我认为他的提议很有说服力 |
[00:21] | and I find yours wanting, sir. | 而您的说法稍欠不足 先生 |
[00:22] | You’re so close to having everything you’ve wanted. | 你差点就能获得想要的一切了 |
[00:25] | I came to help you get it. | 我是来帮你拿到手的 |
[00:26] | I hear that one of the thieves assaulted another. | 我听说两名海盗大打出手 |
[00:29] | It was all in service of stealing a young girl | 都是为了争夺一个年轻女孩 |
[00:31] | intended to be ransomed to her father. | 以勒索她父亲 |
[00:33] | Her name was Abigail Ashe. | 她叫阿比盖尔·艾什 |
[00:35] | Lieutenant McGraw, my good friend Lord Peter Ashe. | 麦格劳上尉 这位是我好友彼得·艾什勋爵 |
[00:37] | Mr. Featherstone will announce to his shipmates tomorrow | 费瑟斯通先生明天会向他的船员宣布 |
[00:40] | that he has joined a new crew. Your crew. | 他已经加入了一个新的船队 你的船队 |
[00:44] | He can’t be on the ship right now. | 他现在不能登船 |
[00:46] | It could spoil whatever | 会毁掉我们 |
[00:46] | chances we have to retrieve the Urca gold. | 夺回厄卡号上金币的任何机会 |
[00:49] | I am fully committed to | 我一定会将 |
[00:50] | the removal of Captain Vane from that fort. | 韦恩船长逐出那座堡垒 |
[00:51] | You are talking about rendering Nassau completely unprotected. | 你那样做就是把拿骚完全置于危险之中 |
[00:54] | – I know. – What say you, Captain? | -我知道 -你说怎么做 船长 |
[00:57] | Fire. | 开火 |
[03:26] | It would appear we lost track of time. | 我们真是快乐不知时日过 |
[03:47] | – Fire! – Fire! | -开火 -开火 |
[03:53] | Take cover! | 快找掩护 |
[04:09] | Please. | 求求你 |
[04:11] | Please, stop. | 求求你 别走 |
[04:13] | Surely you must realize this is a fruitless errand. | 你很清楚去这一趟只是徒劳 |
[04:16] | The time for conciliation is well past. | 调停的时机早已经过了 |
[04:19] | I must try. | 我必须试试 |
[04:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:24] | I’m the only one who can stop him, Pastor. | 我是唯一能阻止他的人 牧师 |
[04:28] | I’m the only one who knows why he’s doing it. | 只有我清楚他为什么要这么做 |
[04:57] | 给我的挚爱 不畏世俗 托马斯·汉密尔顿 | |
[05:13] | Your father said he would never let your proposal come to a vote. | 你父亲说他绝不会让你的提议有投票的机会 |
[05:16] | I do believe he meant it. | 我相信他会说到做到 |
[05:18] | Tell me what chance this has of success. Be honest. | 告诉我成功的可能性到底有多大 说实话 |
[05:20] | Ultimately there is | 总的来说 |
[05:21] | tremendous support for every part of the package. | 我们还是受到了各方面的大力支持 |
[05:23] | This entire battle is being waged over the pardon provision. | 这场争论的关键是赦免令 |
[05:25] | Without it, I could get this passed in a matter of hours. | 如果去掉这条 我能不费吹灰之力就让它通过 |
[05:27] | The rest of it is meaningless without the pardons. | 没有赦免令其它一切就都没有意义 |
[05:30] | They’re the only hope for redeeming Nassau. | 这是拯救拿骚的唯一希望 |
[05:31] | I know, which is why we’ll keep on fighting. | 我知道 所以我们必须继续斗争 |
[05:34] | I know your father is a formidable adversary. | 我知道你父亲是个强大的对手 |
[05:37] | So am I. | 但我也是 |
[05:44] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[05:45] | A moment please? | 能单独聊聊吗 |
[05:53] | I’m going to make arrangements to leave for the country. | 我在打点一切 准备去乡下 |
[05:55] | Leave? Leave when? | 离开 什么时候 |
[05:59] | Now. | 立刻就走 |
[06:00] | – Tonight. – May I ask why? | -今晚 -能问问为什么吗 |
[06:03] | This fight with your father. | 这场与你父亲的斗争 |
[06:06] | The more public it gets, the more visible it gets, | 整件事越公开 知道的人越多 |
[06:08] | the greater the liability I will be for you. | 我对你的累赘就越大 |
[06:10] | Liability? How could you possibly– | 累赘 你怎么会是… |
[06:12] | The lieutenant’s ship arrived this morning. | 上尉的船今早到了 |
[06:15] | Returned from the Bahama Islands. | 刚从巴哈马群岛回来 |
[06:19] | I received word not long ago. | 不久前我收到的消息 |
[06:22] | The rumors about me and my relationship with him | 关于我与他之间关系的流言 |
[06:24] | have gone quiet the past few months he’s been away | 在他离开这几个月里已经渐渐被人遗忘 |
[06:26] | and I’m concerned that when he returns | 我担心现在他回来了 |
[06:28] | people will start whispering again. | 大家又会开始偷偷议论 |
[06:30] | Let them whisper. | 让他们说去吧 |
[06:32] | It’s not the rumors that concern me. | 我担心的不是流言 |
[06:34] | It’s the scrutiny that follows that. | 而是随之而来的密切关注 |
[06:37] | And what that scrutiny might unearth. | 以及这种关注可能揭露的事 |
[06:40] | So someone might discover you and he shared a bed. | 你是说让人发现你与他同床共枕 |
[06:42] | I’m concerned they might dig past that | 我担心他们不止会发现这个 |
[06:45] | and discover something | 而是挖掘出比这更深 |
[06:48] | far more damaging | 更具毁灭性的 |
[06:51] | than that. | 秘密 |
[07:02] | I can assure you, Mr. Gates’ death | 我向你保证 盖茨先生的死 |
[07:04] | is not one the captain took lightly. | 让船长也很不好过 |
[07:06] | When I arrived | 当我到达时 |
[07:08] | just after the deed was done, | 木已成舟 |
[07:12] | I saw the look on his face. | 我看到他脸上的表情 |
[07:14] | The pain it caused him to do what he did. | 他为自己做的那一切而感到的痛苦 |
[07:19] | But in that moment, he believed it necessary | 但那时 他认为自己必须这么做 |
[07:21] | to preserve the hunt for the Urca and her gold. | 为了夺回厄卡号上面的金子 |
[07:27] | Flint killed him? | 弗林特杀了他 |
[07:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:37] | And he’s still captain? | 而他仍然是船长 |
[07:41] | How? | 怎么可能 |
[07:42] | After a brief interlude, | 经过小小插曲 |
[07:44] | the men saw what I am hoping you will see. | 船员们明白了我正希望你明白的事实 |
[07:47] | That with the gold still sitting on that beach, | 如今那些金子仍然在海滩上 |
[07:49] | he represents our best, perhaps our only chance of retrieving it. | 他是我们夺回金子最大 或许也是唯一的希望 |
[07:53] | Once this business with Vane and the fort is over, | 一旦处理完韦恩和堡垒的事 |
[07:54] | that is what the rest of us intend. | 其余人就会着手进行这件事 |
[07:57] | Rest of us? | 其余人 |
[08:00] | That’s why I’m here. | 这就是我为什么会在这里 |
[08:02] | You didn’t want me with the men. | 你不想我接近船员 |
[08:05] | You’re worried I’ll challenge Flint. | 你怕我会动摇弗林特的地位 |
[08:06] | Well, the thought crossed my mind. | 我确实这么想过 |
[08:09] | But I’m hoping | 但我希望 |
[08:11] | that once you have a moment to process all of this, | 等你好好想明白这一切以后 |
[08:15] | you’ll remember that you are the same man | 你会记得你仍是那个 |
[08:17] | who when handed a blank page pulled from Mr. Singleton’s corpse, | 接过从辛格尔顿先生的尸体上搜出的白纸 |
[08:21] | stood by the captain for the sake of the bigger picture. | 为了大局支持船长的人 |
[08:25] | Then you’ll realize you were right then. | 然后你就会发现自己当时是对的 |
[08:27] | And the same kind of perspective is what’s called for now. | 而现在需要你当时那样的远见 |
[08:30] | Enough! | 够了 |
[08:34] | I’m going to see my brothers now. | 我要去见兄弟们了 |
[08:44] | Until I know what you’re going to say to the men, | 除非你说清楚你会怎么跟他们说 |
[08:49] | I can’t let you say anything to the men. | 不然我不能让你跟他们说话 |
[09:35] | He returns at last. It’s good to have you back, Lieutenant. | 终于回来了 欢迎你回来 上尉 |
[09:38] | – Sir. – Welcome home. | -长官 -欢迎回家 |
[09:45] | Three months. | 三个月 |
[09:48] | Feels like twice as long. | 感觉像过了六个月 |
[09:51] | Our campaign against my father and Whitehall | 现在正是开展反对我父亲和政府的 |
[09:53] | has reached a most critical stage. | 行动的关键时刻 |
[09:56] | If you were able to secure the support | 如果你能保证 |
[09:58] | of the royal governor in Nassau, | 拿骚皇家总督的支持 |
[10:00] | it might just be the thing that turns the tide in our favor. | 可能就能如我们所愿扭转形势 |
[10:02] | There is no governor in Nassau. | 拿骚没有总督 |
[10:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:09] | I understand the dispute arose over a bribe. | 我得知因贿赂出现了问题 |
[10:13] | Money that Governor Thompson felt he was owed | 汤普森总督认为某位海盗船长 |
[10:14] | by a particular pirate captain. | 应该给他的那些钱 |
[10:17] | That captain recruited others. | 那位船长却用作雇佣船员 |
[10:20] | They demanded the governor leave the island at once. | 他们要求总督立马离岛 |
[10:24] | Thompson refused, at which point | 汤普森拒绝了 |
[10:26] | a dozen armed men broke into his home, | 于是十二个人拿着武器闯入了他家 |
[10:28] | dragged his wife and nine-year-old son out into the street | 把他的妻子和九岁的儿子拉到大街上 |
[10:31] | and slit their throats. | 割断了他们的喉咙 |
[10:44] | They let him live, so I’m told, | 我听说他们留了他一命 |
[10:46] | so he would tell the tale | 好让他把这事告诉别人 |
[10:48] | and so that there would be no misunderstanding | 这样就能让所有人都知道 |
[10:50] | about who is running Nassau now. | 到底谁才是拿骚的老大 |
[10:52] | Stupid fuckers. | 混蛋 |
[10:55] | By the time I left, men were beginning to occupy the fort. | 我离开时 人们开始进驻堡垒 |
[10:58] | Had I stayed another day, I’m not sure | 要是再多留一天 我都不确定 |
[11:00] | they would have let me leave with my ship. | 他们会不会放我乘船离开 |
[11:03] | But what is clear is this, | 但是能够确定的是 |
[11:05] | right now, there’s no law in Nassau. | 现在拿骚已经没有王法可言 |
[11:15] | I’m trying to imagine standing up before the lords | 我在想象站在勋爵面前 |
[11:17] | and suggesting pardons for these people. | 恳求他们赦免这些人 |
[11:21] | I’m having a difficult time of it. | 简直难以想象 |
[11:24] | The men responsible for this crime deserve to be punished. | 犯下这种罪行的人应该受到惩罚 |
[11:28] | But we cannot, we must not | 但我们不能 绝对不能 |
[11:30] | allow their actions to condemn the rest. | 将他们的所作所为怪罪在其余的人头上 |
[11:33] | As a matter of political reality, | 从政治现实上来看 |
[11:37] | our plan is dead. | 我们的计划已经失败了 |
[11:38] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[11:40] | Beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[11:41] | The navy hasn’t made its case yet. | 海军那边还没有表态 |
[11:44] | The navy isn’t going to make a case. | 海军根本不会表态 |
[11:46] | The navy will do whatever Parliament tells it to do. | 海军只会听议会的话 |
[11:49] | We’re in a time of war. If the Sea Lords | 现在正在交战 如果海军大臣 |
[11:52] | were to recommend a change of strategy, who would ignore them? | 下令策略有变 谁敢不从 |
[11:54] | – The war has got nothing to do with it. – Doesn’t it? | -跟战争没关系 -是吗 |
[11:57] | Isn’t a lawless Nassau a weakness that Spain could exploit? | 对于西班牙来说无法无天的拿骚不就是突破点吗 |
[12:04] | How would you do it? | 你要怎么办 |
[12:06] | By offering our plan directly to the Sea Lords. | 直接把我们的计划告诉海军大臣 |
[12:10] | Making our case to them. | 让他们支持我们 |
[12:11] | – They’d hear you? – Yes, I think they would. | -他们会听你的吗 -我觉得会 |
[12:15] | Ahem, Lieutenant. | 上尉 |
[12:17] | May I speak with you in private, please? | 我能私下跟你谈谈吗 |
[12:20] | Now. | 就现在 |
[12:33] | It’s clear to me now that what lies ahead is the road to ruin. | 显然 我们现在正走向毁灭 |
[12:37] | And I’m asking you to stop this right now | 我想请你这就收手 |
[12:39] | before we’ve all gone too far to turn back. | 趁一切还有转圜 |
[12:45] | What do you see, lad? | 你看到了什么 小子 |
[12:48] | Leeward tower just lost another 10 foot of her wall. | 背风堡垒的城墙又被轰下来十英尺 |
[12:52] | The dust is still clearing. | 烟尘都还没消散呢 |
[13:03] | – You don’t like it? – No. No, no, no. | -不喜欢吗 -不不不 |
[13:07] | It’s quite good. | 很好看 |
[13:11] | But here’s the thing… | 但是这样的 |
[13:13] | the crew’s banner is a sacred thing. | 船队的旗帜应该是神圣的 |
[13:16] | It must simultaneously strike fear | 一定要让强大的敌人 |
[13:19] | in the hearts of hardened men | 看到了也会不禁打颤 |
[13:21] | while inspiring and unifying all those who sail under it. | 同时又能激励船员 让大家团结一心 |
[13:25] | It must be something approaching perfection. | 一定要做到极臻完美 |
[13:30] | Any idea what direction that might be? | 能帮我指点下迷津吗 |
[13:32] | Darling, I think we’ll both know it when we see it. | 亲爱的 我想那种标志咱们一看就知道了 |
[13:35] | Don’t you? | 对吧 |
[13:42] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[13:49] | Never sailed with a captain this particular before. | 还没跟这么特别的船长出过海呢 |
[13:56] | We all have the same swords out there. | 我们拿着一样的剑 |
[13:57] | We all have the same guns. | 一样的枪 |
[13:59] | But great art… | 但伟大的艺术 |
[14:02] | has felled empires | 能使王国覆灭 |
[14:04] | and therein lies all the difference. | 这就是其中的差别 |
[14:06] | I don’t understand what that means. | 我不懂什么意思 |
[14:08] | No, but I do. So not to worry. | 但我懂 所以不用担心 |
[14:11] | While the rest of this island sits about gawking | 当岛上其他人什么都不干 |
[14:13] | at the chaos of the day contemplating the end of the world, | 呆看着今日的骚动 以为到了世界末日 |
[14:16] | we would do well to use this time to prepare. | 我们要好好利用这段时间做准备 |
[14:18] | I’d like to be first men back in the water when the smoke clears | 当硝烟退散时 我要第一个重新下水 |
[14:20] | with every detail accounted for. | 做足一切准备 |
[14:22] | Well, while we’re on it, we still got details to sort | 既然已经开始做准备了 还有很多细节要处理 |
[14:25] | of a much bigger size than all that. | 比这些事繁琐得多 |
[14:28] | Stores ain’t procured, articles ain’t signed. | 存货还未采购 协议还没签署 |
[14:30] | I’ve seen the draft articles. I’m fine with them as is. | 我看过协议草稿了 我都同意 |
[14:32] | But the men ain’t. | 但那些人可不是 |
[14:33] | They got some changes you and I ought to discuss. | 我们俩要讨论一下他们提出的变动 |
[14:36] | Ooh, changes. | 变动 |
[14:38] | Yes. | 没错 |
[14:41] | You two making any progress? | 你们俩有进展吗 |
[14:43] | Slowly but surely. | 聊胜于无 |
[14:47] | I’m sorry, you were saying something about the articles. | 不好意思 你之前说到了协议 |
[14:51] | It can wait. | 以后再说吧 |
[14:53] | That ain’t letting up anytime soon. | 反正这仗一时半会儿停不了 |
[14:57] | Excuse me. | 先失陪 |
[15:02] | Fucking nightmare it must be up there. | 外面一定跟他妈噩梦一样 |
[15:04] | You think he’s still in it? | 你觉得他还在那里吗 |
[15:06] | Who, Charles? | 谁 查尔斯吗 |
[15:07] | He could get out of that fort without being seen. | 他可以神不知鬼不觉离开堡垒 |
[15:09] | He’s stubborn but he ain’t stupid. | 他虽然顽固 但不蠢 |
[15:11] | No, I’d say he’s terribly stupid when it comes to being stubborn. | 不 他顽固起来简直蠢到极致 |
[15:15] | Given a choice between capitulation and survival, | 让他在投降和生存之间选 |
[15:18] | I don’t image that to be much of a choice for him at all. | 我觉得他没太多选择的余地 |
[15:19] | He’s in that fort, I assure you. | 他还在堡垒里 我肯定 |
[15:22] | You think he’ll make it? | 你觉得他能行吗 |
[15:24] | I think Charles Vane is something you and I survived. | 我们跟查尔斯·韦恩的事已经过去了 |
[15:26] | What happens to him now is no longer of any concern to me. | 现在他的死活与我无关 |
[15:33] | This morning, you and Max. | 今早 你和麦克斯 |
[15:39] | You know what? I ain’t got no right. | 算了 我没资格说你 |
[15:43] | We’ll get through it. | 我们会撑过去的 |
[15:45] | Always do, don’t we? | 我们一向如此 对吧 |
[15:58] | Steady. | 吁 |
[16:00] | Stand. | 停 |
[16:02] | Ma’am. Ma’am, are you hurt? | 女士 你受伤了吗 |
[16:05] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[16:24] | Walk on. Walk on. | 走吧 走吧 |
[16:36] | It’s all right. I see a way through this. | 没事 我想到办法了 |
[16:39] | A way towards the end which we have all been seeking. | 一个让我们都最终如愿的办法 |
[16:42] | Thomas, he sees only the principle. | 托马斯 他只坚持原则 |
[16:45] | The right. | 正确之举 |
[16:47] | It’s inspiring. | 这点很鼓舞人心 |
[16:48] | It can be intoxicating. | 甚至让人沉醉 |
[16:52] | It’s why I love him. | 所以我才爱他 |
[16:54] | But you, you see the world as it is. | 但是你 你会真实地去看世界 |
[16:56] | You see its truths and how to navigate them. | 你能看清真相 驾驭真相 |
[16:59] | How to bend them to your will. | 让其为你所用 |
[17:00] | It’s why I love you. | 所以我才爱你 |
[17:04] | Men like Thomas need men like you. | 托马斯那样的人需要你这样的人 |
[17:07] | To protect them from the world. | 来保护其不为世俗所扰 |
[17:08] | And that is what I am asking you to do. | 我对你的要求就是如此 |
[17:10] | The danger is simply too great. | 其中的风险太大了 |
[17:12] | Anything that has ever been worth doing | 如果没有一点风险 |
[17:14] | has been worth doing in the face of a little danger. | 有价值之事何以有其价值 |
[17:16] | I have been the subject of enough ridicule and innuendo | 我受了多少嘲笑和影射 |
[17:19] | to know the difference between a little danger and mortal danger, | 我清楚一点风险和致命风险的区别 |
[17:22] | and I’m telling you that what you and Thomas and I | 而你我和托马斯现在 |
[17:24] | face right now is the latter. | 面对的是后者 |
[17:27] | What’s been going on in this house isn’t just some affair. | 这里的事不仅是风流韵事那么简单 |
[17:30] | No. No, it isn’t. | 不 不是的 |
[17:33] | But since when did you care what people think? | 不过你何时在乎别人的想法了 |
[17:35] | This isn’t a question of scandal. | 这不是单纯的丑闻 |
[17:36] | It isn’t a state of mind. They hang men for this. | 不是心理问题 这是犯了死罪 |
[17:40] | Don’t be naive. | 别天真了 |
[17:41] | When they have political motive, | 要是别人有政治动机 |
[17:43] | they use it as a pretense to hang men. | 他们会利用这个作为杀人的借口 |
[17:45] | Don’t treat me like I’m someone else. | 不要把我看作别人 |
[17:47] | I know what London is, too. | 我也知道伦敦当前的情况 |
[17:49] | Alfred Hamilton does not want those pardons issued. | 阿尔弗雷德·汉密尔顿不想赦免那些海盗 |
[17:53] | He has committed himself to | 他尽了一切所能 |
[17:54] | doing everything in his power to prevent it. | 去阻止这件事发生 |
[17:57] | And when he finds out what’s been going on in this house, | 要是让他发现我们家的事 |
[17:59] | he will use it to ruin us. | 他肯定会借此毁了我们 |
[18:00] | Even if he were to find out, | 即使他发现 |
[18:02] | he wouldn’t use it against us. | 也不会用来对付我们 |
[18:03] | Now who’s being naive? | 到底是谁天真 |
[18:05] | It would be just as embarrassing for the Earl | 不论对我们还是对伯爵来说 |
[18:06] | as it would be for any of us. | 这都不是什么光彩的事 |
[18:08] | Do you really think he wants that? | 你真认为他想那样吗 |
[18:11] | You are underestimating him. | 你低估他了 |
[18:13] | He will find a way to exploit it. | 他会想办法揭露的 |
[18:17] | Why take the risk? | 为什么要冒这个险 |
[18:19] | For the sake of the pirates of Nassau? | 为了拿骚的海盗吗 |
[18:21] | Miranda, I saw it. I was there. | 米兰达 我在那里亲眼见过 |
[18:25] | Thomas was right about its promise. | 托马斯说得对 那里确实有前途 |
[18:28] | And once the pirate issue has abated, | 一旦海盗问题解决 |
[18:30] | it’ll need help to rebuild. Help from people like us. | 那里会需要人重建 需要我们这样的人 |
[18:37] | You’re suggesting we go there. | 你是说我们去那里 |
[18:39] | A restored New Providence Island will need a governor. | 新普罗维登斯岛恢复秩序后会需要总督管理 |
[18:42] | Who better qualified to oversee the building | 有谁比托马斯更适合 |
[18:44] | of the New World than Thomas? | 负责那个新世界的重建 |
[18:46] | With these pardons, | 要是能拿到赦免令 |
[18:46] | we can accomplish that and leave London behind. | 我们可以取得成功 离开伦敦 |
[19:00] | I’ve known Admiral Hennessey since I was a boy. | 我从小就认识亨尼斯上将 |
[19:04] | He’s the closest thing I have to a father. | 他就像我的父亲一样 |
[19:07] | Let me raise the plan with him. | 让我去跟他说这个计划 |
[19:08] | Seek his counsel. There’s no risk in that. | 问问他的意见 不会有危险的 |
[19:16] | This is too important not to try. | 事关重大 必须一试 |
[19:24] | Fire! | 开火 |
[19:33] | – Reload the cannons. – Reload! Reload! | -装弹 -装弹 装弹 |
[19:35] | Quickly, boys, quickly. | 快点 快 |
[19:37] | Let’s go. Let’s go. | 动起来 |
[19:39] | Two-six, heave! | 二来六去 加把劲哟 |
[19:42] | Heave! | 加把劲哟 |
[19:43] | Fire! | 开火 |
[20:00] | – Two-six! – Heave! | -二来六去 -加把劲哟 |
[20:03] | Cease fire! | 停火 |
[20:05] | Cease fire! | 停火 |
[20:06] | – Cease fire! – Cease fire! | -停火 -停火 |
[20:11] | Prepare to move ashore. | 准备登陆 |
[20:14] | Ready the longboats. | 准备大艇 |
[21:02] | The courtyard wall’s destroyed. | 院墙被毁 |
[21:05] | A breach in the northwestern corridor. | 西北廊被攻破 |
[21:07] | Seaward-facing batteries are gone | 朝海的火炮都废了 |
[21:08] | as are most of the westward guns. | 大部分朝西的也是 |
[21:10] | How many did we lose? | 死伤多少 |
[21:12] | Seven. | 死了七个 |
[21:14] | Another nine injured. | 还伤了九个 |
[21:16] | How long do you expect? | 你觉得还要多久 |
[21:19] | Before the men are massing themselves on the beach | 他们的人会聚集在沙滩上 |
[21:21] | to begin their assault? | 发起攻势 |
[21:24] | Two hours. | 两小时 |
[21:27] | Maybe less. | 也许更短 |
[21:37] | Larson. | 拉森 |
[21:40] | Take her back to the cell. | 把她关回去 |
[21:41] | Make sure she remains safe while I’m gone. | 我不在的时候 确保她的安全 |
[21:45] | No one is to touch her. Understood? | 任何人不许碰她 明白吗 |
[21:49] | Aye. | 遵命 |
[21:53] | While you’re gone? Where are you going? | 你不在的时候 你要去哪 |
[21:56] | No matter how many of his men we kill, he can find more. | 他的人我们是杀不完的 |
[22:00] | Eventually they breach | 最终他们还是会突破 |
[22:03] | and we die. | 而我们则必死无疑 |
[22:05] | So you’re leaving? | 你是要跑路吗 |
[22:06] | It’s too great of a force to defeat | 他们人太多了 |
[22:08] | if we attempt to fight the body of it. | 跟他们死磕绝不是办法 |
[22:11] | Only way to beat it | 要想获胜 |
[22:14] | is to cut off its head. | 只能干掉他们的头儿 |
[22:22] | I had the misfortune of being in his presence | 当昂德希尔先生听到你提议 |
[22:24] | when Mr. Underhill received word of your proposal | 说想跟他合伙 在你的船上卖他的货物时 |
[22:27] | to form a partnership to sell his goods on your ships. | 很不幸我恰好在场 |
[22:30] | He said no. | 他拒绝了 |
[22:32] | But it was the manner in which he said no that is most promising. | 但他拒绝的方式有很大回转的余地 |
[22:35] | I don’t understand what it is he hopes to achieve by… | 我不明白他想达到什么目的… |
[22:37] | His anger, I believe, was due to the fact | 我认为他的愤怒源于 |
[22:39] | that he wanted to say yes. | 想要答应的本心 |
[22:42] | – Ma’am. – What is it? | -女士 -什么事 |
[22:44] | Ma’am, an errant shot from the warship | 战舰的流弹 |
[22:46] | hit a set of stores outside the southwest gates. Set it ablaze. | 击中了西南门外的商店 还起火了 |
[22:48] | How close to the Intrepid’s storehouse there? | 那里离无畏号的仓库有多远 |
[22:50] | A few hundred yards, ma’am. | 约几百码 女士 |
[22:51] | The problem is it’s been freshly stocked with… | 但那里刚装满了… |
[22:53] | With powder, I know. Inform Mr. Lawrence | 火药 我知道 通知劳伦斯先生 |
[22:57] | he needs to move his powder stock | 得马上将他的火药库存 |
[22:58] | to my warehouse here immediately. | 转移至我的仓库 |
[23:00] | And ask Virgil to take five men to help put out that fire. | 让维吉尔带上五个人去灭火 |
[23:03] | – Any sign of capitulation? – Ma’am? | -有投降的迹象吗 -您说什么 |
[23:06] | Captain Vane, has he made any signal to surrender? | 韦恩船长发出投降的信号了吗 |
[23:09] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[23:11] | You’re dismissed. | 你先下去吧 |
[23:13] | What the fuck does that mean? He wants to say yes. | 这他妈什么意思 他想要答应的 |
[23:17] | You desire legitimacy in the eyes of London. | 在伦敦方面看来你想要将生意合法化 |
[23:20] | But you cannot have it until you find a way | 但只有不再运送贼赃 |
[23:21] | to ship something other than stolen goods. | 这才可能实现 |
[23:25] | The landowners want greater profits. | 地主们想要更高的利润 |
[23:28] | But they cannot have them until they find a way | 但只有让他们成功将商品 |
[23:30] | to ship their products out of the port of Nassau | 从拿骚的海港运出去 |
[23:33] | free from the danger of the pirates. | 不受海盗威胁 这才有可能实现 |
[23:36] | There is a partnership to be had here. | 这是个合伙的机会 |
[23:39] | I can broker it. | 我能从中牵线 |
[23:40] | And there is only one thing standing in the way. | 如此一来 只剩一个阻碍 |
[23:43] | If you were to appear to divest yourself | 如果你能撇清 |
[23:46] | of your association with the crews on account… | 与涉事船队之间的关系… |
[23:48] | You are unbelievable. | 你简直不可理喻 |
[23:50] | All I’d have to do is give up the fence | 我只需要放下防御 |
[23:52] | and you can make all my dreams come true. | 你就能让我梦想成真 |
[23:54] | You’re a smart girl, Eleanor. | 你是聪明姑娘 埃莉诺 |
[23:57] | And though I know you’re standing there, | 虽然我知道你这样站着 |
[23:59] | parsing this, trying to identify | 脑中分析 想要找出 |
[24:01] | how my interests diverge from yours here, | 我们之间的利益冲突 |
[24:04] | I suspect you’re not finding it. | 但你应该根本找不到 |
[24:06] | And it’s because it isn’t there to be found. | 因为冲突本就不存在 |
[24:18] | You want me to prove to Underhill | 你想让我向昂德希尔证明 |
[24:20] | that I can be his partner? | 我可以成为他的合作伙伴 |
[24:23] | That I can be trustworthy? | 我值得信赖 |
[24:25] | Then you have to prove the same to me. | 那你也得给予我相同的保证 |
[24:28] | I have spent a lifetime exposed to your self-serving lies. | 你这些自私自利的谎言我已听过太多 |
[24:31] | They’re the manure from which I sprouted. | 简直就是从小听到大 |
[24:35] | And if I can identify the specific motive or not, | 不管我能否确认你的具体动机 |
[24:39] | I still come to expect that stench anytime you darken my door. | 我依然能嗅出阴谋的味道 |
[25:03] | Find Mr. Silver for me, if you please. | 请帮我把西弗尔先生找来 |
[25:05] | Captain. | 是 船长 |
[25:07] | You’ve explained to your men | 你跟你的人解释过 |
[25:08] | their responsibilities here? | 他们在此的职责了吗 |
[25:10] | Aye, they know your plans to | 是的 他们清楚 |
[25:11] | recover the gold must be kept secret and silent. | 你夺回金币的计划必须秘而不宣 |
[25:13] | If it were to be discovered by another crew, | 如果让别的船队发现了 |
[25:15] | they could become competition for its retrieval. | 他们很可能成为我们的竞争对手 |
[25:19] | You know how to keep a secret between three men? | 你知道要怎么在三人之间保守秘密吗 |
[25:21] | Shoot two of them. | 杀掉其中两个 |
[25:23] | What kind of fool tries to keep a secret amongst 100? | 想要瞒过百人岂不徒劳 |
[25:27] | The faster we retake the fort, | 我们越快夺回堡垒 |
[25:28] | the faster you’ll be back on the water | 你就能越快重回海上征途 |
[25:30] | en route to the Urca with my men in your service. | 在我船员的帮助下追猎厄卡号 |
[25:32] | Even if the information were to be divulged | 即使信息泄露了 |
[25:34] | that the gold is still to be won, | 谁能夺得金币仍凭各家本领 |
[25:36] | even if another crew could discern its specific location, | 即使其他船队能知道厄卡号的具体位置 |
[25:39] | even if they could refit | 即使他们能快速重整 |
[25:40] | rapidly enough to get out there ahead of you, | 抢在你前面下水 |
[25:42] | they’d still be facing a warship | 想要抢走金币 |
[25:43] | standing between them and their prize. | 他们还得面对你的战舰 |
[25:45] | Adhere to our plan, you will have your gold | 坚持我们的计划 你将获得金币 |
[25:47] | and I’ll have my fort. | 而我将夺回我的堡垒 |
[26:03] | What are you doing here? | 你来这做什么 |
[26:04] | I need to speak with you alone. | 我得单独跟你谈谈 |
[26:07] | You need to leave here right now. | 你得马上离开 |
[26:08] | I will see you when I am able. | 我有空的时候会去找你 |
[26:10] | I have come upon some information which changes things for you. | 我这儿有一些会让你改变主意的消息 |
[26:13] | You must not move against that fort. | 你切不可攻打那座堡垒 |
[26:15] | Miranda, you don’t understand what’s going on. | 米兰达 你不明白现在的状况 |
[26:16] | I understand why you need that fort. | 我明白你为什么要拿下堡垒 |
[26:19] | I understand why you need that gold. | 为什么要抢到金子 |
[26:22] | I understand why you need this island. | 为什么需要这座小岛 |
[26:23] | I understand it all because I was there | 这一切我都懂 因为我们的好日子结束 |
[26:26] | the day our lives ended and all of this began. | 这一切开始的时候 我就置身其中 |
[26:28] | But I have been devoted to you since that day. | 但从那天起我就是你的人了 |
[26:33] | I have been loyal | 从那天起 我就忠于你 |
[26:34] | and protective and fucking committed to you since that day, | 保护你 他妈的和你一条心了 |
[26:37] | and I am asking you to come with me | 我请求你跟我来 |
[26:41] | so that I can save your life. | 好让我救你的命 |
[26:49] | There’s an opportunity here today. | 现在有一个机会摆在这儿 |
[26:51] | An opportunity that may not present itself again. | 或许是机不可失失不再来 |
[26:54] | If we act right now, | 如果我们现在行动起来 |
[26:56] | we can prevent a catastrophic loss to the Empire. | 就能让帝国避免一场灾难性的损失 |
[26:59] | We can make England stronger tomorrow than she is today. | 我们能让英格兰的明天比今天更强大 |
[27:01] | We can save Nassau and all it takes | 我们能拯救拿骚 |
[27:04] | is for us to do a very reasonable thing. | 而我们需要做的只是一件万分合理的事 |
[27:07] | Military pardons? | 军事赦免吗 |
[27:08] | I know how it will be perceived, sir. | 我知道别人会怎么看 长官 |
[27:11] | I know how it looks for me | 我知道就算此刻在您面前提出这个话题 |
[27:12] | to even raise the subject with you here. | 您会怎么看我 |
[27:14] | But this is too important to be deterred by dangers imagined. | 但这事关重大 容不得因臆想的危险而否决 |
[27:17] | And if I have learned anything from you, | 如果说我从您身上学到了什么 |
[27:19] | it is that it is moments like these | 那就是像这种时刻 |
[27:21] | that are the precise measure of a man’s courage. | 才能精确衡量一个人的勇气 |
[27:24] | Good God. | 天呐 |
[27:27] | You perceive the danger about this to be imagined. | 你认为这件事的危险是臆想出来的 |
[27:32] | I told you when this began to be careful of those people. | 我从一开始就告诉过你要小心那些人 |
[27:37] | To be aware of just how sharp and unexpected the knife would be | 我还告诉过你 如果你要轻视危险 |
[27:41] | if you discounted that danger. | 就要清楚那刀有多么锋利 多么出其不意 |
[27:45] | I’d thought you’d heard me, son. | 我以为你会听我的话 孩子 |
[27:54] | I heard you, sir. | 我听了 长官 |
[27:56] | But I’ve come to see that you and I were wrong about him. | 但我发现你和我都看错他了 |
[27:59] | Lord Hamilton isn’t someone we should be wary of, | 汉密尔顿勋爵不是我们应该提防的人 |
[28:02] | he is exactly the kind of man we should be listening to. | 他恰恰是我们应该听从的人 |
[28:05] | On the day I was made an officer, | 我被任命为军官的那天 |
[28:07] | you pulled me aside. | 你把我拉到一旁 |
[28:10] | You told me how proud you were of me. | 你告诉我你多么为我骄傲 |
[28:13] | You told me that a measure of a man | 你说要衡量一个男人 |
[28:15] | is in the moment when he is confronted by himself. | 就是要看他面对自我的时候 |
[28:17] | By opposing voices in his head, | 让心声在脑海中对立 |
[28:19] | both arguing that they are right, but one has to be wrong. | 双方各执一词 但肯定有一个是错的 |
[28:22] | To know the difference in that moment, | 在那一刻知晓双方的差异 |
[28:23] | that is what makes an officer. | 才是一个军官应该具备的品质 |
[28:25] | What makes a man. | 也是一个男人的品质 |
[28:27] | Well, I see the difference here, sir. | 我知晓这差异 长官 |
[28:31] | I know it. | 我很清楚 |
[28:49] | He arrived just before you did. | 他比你早来了一步 |
[28:52] | And he told me what you did. | 他告诉了我你干的好事 |
[28:54] | After he invited you into his home, | 他邀请你去他家 |
[28:57] | trusted you to assist his son and daughter, | 放心地托你辅助他的儿女 |
[29:00] | and you flagrantly violated that trust. | 你却罪大恶极地违背了那份信任 |
[29:03] | Sir, I don’t know what he told you, but– | 长官 我不知道他给你说了什么 但… |
[29:04] | Yes, you do. | 不 你知道 |
[29:07] | I would like to defend you. | 我是想替你辩解的 |
[29:09] | I would like to remind myself that every man has his flaws, | 我想提醒自己人无完人 |
[29:12] | his weaknesses that torment him. | 每个人都有让自己痛苦的弱点 |
[29:16] | I would like to help you recover from yours. | 我想帮你克服自身的缺点 |
[29:20] | But not this. It is too profane. | 但不是这种 这过于伤风败俗 |
[29:22] | It is too loathsome to be dismissed. | 弃之不顾太让人作呕 |
[29:27] | This is your end. | 你玩完了 |
[29:29] | Sir, please let me explain. | 长官 请容我解释 |
[29:30] | Be grateful it didn’t happen on the gallows. | 庆幸没闹上绞刑架吧 |
[29:33] | You thought I wouldn’t hear what you’d done? | 你以为我不会听说你干的好事吗 |
[29:36] | In my own house? | 就在我自己的家里 |
[29:38] | That not even the faintest whisper of it would reach me? | 一点流言蜚语我都不会听闻吗 |
[29:42] | Now, this ends quietly, | 这一切将静悄悄地结束 |
[29:47] | permanently, | 永远地 |
[29:49] | and in the manner of my choosing. | 以我选择的方式结束 |
[29:53] | You are summarily discharged from service. | 你将立刻退役 |
[29:57] | No charges will be drawn against you | 你不会受到任何指控 |
[29:59] | provided you leave London quietly | 只要你悄然地离开伦敦 |
[30:01] | and are neither seen nor heard from again. | 从此杳无音讯 |
[30:06] | If either the Earl or I | 如果伯爵或是我 |
[30:08] | feel that this bargain has been breached, | 认为你违背了这笔交易 |
[30:11] | the charges brought against you will be swift and unyielding. | 对你的指控将即刻成立且不容商量 |
[30:28] | Where’s Thomas? | 托马斯在哪 |
[30:30] | They came. The Earl’s men. | 他们来了 伯爵的人 |
[30:33] | It happened quickly before I could do anything to stop it. | 一切发生得太快 我来不及出手阻止 |
[30:36] | – They took him. – Took him? Took him where? | -他们把他带走了 -带走了 带去哪 |
[30:41] | Bethlem Royal Hospital. | 贝特莱姆皇家医院 |
[30:44] | He is to be committed there, | 由于他听说我和你通奸之后 |
[30:46] | owing to his uncontrollable grief | 悲痛得无法自拔 |
[30:48] | over having learned of my affair with you. | 他将会在那里入院治疗 |
[30:51] | – Our affair? – That is what the story will be. | -我和你通奸 -对外是这么说的 |
[30:55] | I have been given until nightfall | 我被勒令黄昏前 |
[30:58] | to vacate this house. | 搬出这栋房子 |
[31:00] | And then you and I are to disappear. | 随后我和你就要销声匿迹 |
[31:04] | I have friends in Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels. | 我有朋友在阿姆斯特丹 巴黎 布鲁塞尔 |
[31:08] | I can get you set up comfortably. | 我能把你们安置妥当 |
[31:10] | Perhaps at some point, | 或许有朝一日 |
[31:10] | I can figure out a way to get you back here. | 我能想法子让你们回来 |
[31:13] | – I’m not leaving. – James. | -我不走 -詹姆斯 |
[31:15] | – We’re gonna get him out of there. – We can’t. | -我们要救他出来 -做不到 |
[31:17] | – You watch me. – You think you’re angry about this? | -走着瞧 -你觉得就你生气吗 |
[31:19] | – I’m beyond that. – I am enraged! | -说得太轻巧了 -我快炸了 |
[31:26] | He is my husband. | 他是我的丈夫 |
[31:30] | Before they took him away, he made me promise him… | 他被带走之前 让我向他保证 |
[31:36] | that no matter what happened next, that you and I… | 不论还会发生什么事 我和你 |
[31:41] | would take care of each other. | 我们要相互照应 |
[31:45] | The danger here is real. | 这里真的很危险 |
[31:48] | Thomas is gone. | 托马斯不会再回来了 |
[31:51] | And now you and I must leave this place. | 现在我和你必须离开这里 |
[31:58] | We need to get you moving. | 我们得把你们送走 |
[31:59] | When we get to the harbor, I’ll arrange passage for you. | 我们到港口后 我会为你们安排船只 |
[32:02] | Anything you need that you don’t have, I’ll see sent to you. | 你们没有的必需品 我都会让人送去 |
[32:04] | In the meantime, my friends | 还有 我的朋友们 |
[32:06] | will ensure that you’re taken care of. | 会好好照顾你们 |
[32:10] | We won’t be with your friends. | 我们不会去找你的朋友们了 |
[32:16] | We’re not going to Paris. | 我们不去巴黎 |
[32:17] | Or Brussels or Amsterdam. | 也不去布鲁塞尔或阿姆斯特丹 |
[32:20] | Then where are you going? | 那你们去哪儿 |
[32:25] | Open the crate. | 打开箱子 |
[32:29] | Pass ’em down. Pass ’em down. | 传过来 传过来 |
[32:46] | Idelle said you were looking for me? | 伊黛尔说你找我 |
[32:47] | To your knowledge, have any of Flint’s crew | 据你所知 弗林特的船员 |
[32:50] | made their way up to the brothel since coming ashore? | 上岸以后有没有来过妓院 |
[32:54] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知没有 |
[33:00] | Back from a lengthy journey | 在海上漂这么久 |
[33:02] | and not one of them has felt the need to have a go? | 竟然没有一个人要解决生理需求 |
[33:06] | Preparing for battle. | 他们在为战斗做准备 |
[33:08] | Perhaps they have set pleasure aside for the moment. | 可能他们是暂时将享乐放一边 |
[33:11] | Or maybe they was told to stay the fuck away from here. | 要不就是他们奉命离这里远点 |
[33:15] | To prevent them from divulging a secret. | 防止他们走漏了风声 |
[33:26] | – Charlotte. – Don’t. | -夏洛特 -别吵 |
[33:29] | – What? – You’re crowding me. | -怎么了 -你打扰到我了 |
[33:31] | I understand this is very important to you, | 我知道这对你很重要 |
[33:33] | but I can’t work like this. | 但是你这样我没法工作 |
[33:47] | You have regular custom with the men of Captain Flint’s crew, yes? | 弗林特船长的船员经常光顾你 对吗 |
[33:53] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[33:56] | Just one. He won’t let the others near me. | 就一个 他不准其他人和我亲近 |
[33:58] | Has he paid you a visit yet since his recent arrival? | 他这次上岸以后来找过你吗 |
[34:01] | No, but he will. | 还没有 不过他会来的 |
[34:04] | Can’t stay away for long, that one. | 那个人忍不了太长时间 |
[34:06] | If or when he finally decides to visit you, | 如果他真的来找你了 |
[34:09] | I’d like to know what he has to say about the Urca gold. | 我想从他嘴里知道厄卡号金币的消息 |
[34:12] | You haven’t heard? | 你还没听说吗 |
[34:19] | Everyone’s saying it wasn’t there. | 大家都说金币不在那里 |
[34:21] | They ran into a man of war instead, managed to nick that ship. | 他们遇上了一队海军 还偷了他们那艘战舰 |
[34:24] | Yes, I know. Just indulge me, will you? | 我知道这事 就帮我这个忙好吗 |
[34:28] | Mr. Rackham. | 拉克姆先生 |
[34:30] | – A word. – With me? | -借一步说话 -叫我 |
[34:39] | Thank you, love. | 谢啦 宝贝 |
[34:43] | “Thank you, love?” | “谢啦 宝贝” |
[34:47] | – What’s this? – We need to talk about these articles. | -这是干什么 -我们得谈谈协议 |
[34:50] | And I thought it best if we could have the conversation | 而且我认为最好是我和你 |
[34:52] | just you and I. | 两个人来谈 |
[35:03] | All right. What’s the matter with the articles? | 好吧 协议怎么了 |
[35:06] | A few things. | 几件事 |
[35:10] | – Max– – Let me stop you there. | -麦克斯… -我先打断你一下 |
[35:12] | Yes, it’s unorthodox to | 我承认 这是不太合规矩 |
[35:14] | entitle a woman to a share of the profits, | 让一个女人和我们分一杯羹 |
[35:15] | but this is clearly a special case. | 但这次显然情况特殊 |
[35:18] | That particular woman is a font | 那个女人能在窑子里 |
[35:19] | of prostitutional intelligence. | 掌握大量情报 |
[35:22] | And believe me, if I could see a way to replace her, I would. | 相信我 如果有其他方法代替她 我会的 |
[35:26] | But at the moment, she is worth far, far more to this crew | 但在眼下 她对我们船队意义重大 |
[35:29] | than the share it costs to have her. | 比之分给她的好处 简直是九牛一毛了 |
[35:30] | I understand, but you must understand | 我理解 但也请你谅解 |
[35:33] | that’s not an easy thing to sell men on a new ship | 要让人适应新船队的 |
[35:37] | used to a certain way of doing things. | 新的行事准则可不是容易的事 |
[35:38] | Are you saying you can’t sell it? | 你是说你说服不了他们 |
[35:40] | No, I might be able to with a great deal of cajoling. | 不 花大功夫哄哄他们还是可以的 |
[35:44] | The problem is Max’s share | 问题是分钱给麦克斯 |
[35:46] | ain’t the only item the men took issue with. | 不是船员们唯一看不惯的事 |
[36:20] | Fuck’s your problem? | 你他妈什么事 |
[36:22] | The crew have elected to set sail. | 船员们决定起航了 |
[36:24] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[36:25] | Small prize nearby. | 附近有一笔小生意 |
[36:27] | Probably not much by way of profit, | 可能拿不到多少钱 |
[36:28] | but an easy prize to consummate our new arrangement. | 但是容易得手 有利于我们的新计划 |
[36:35] | That’s good news, then, yeah? | 这是好事啊 不是吗 |
[36:39] | So again, fuck’s your problem? | 那你他妈到底什么事 |
[36:47] | There was a complication | 协议的最后 |
[36:49] | in the finalizing of the articles. | 有点棘手 |
[36:51] | Opposition from the men | 船员们不满意 |
[36:53] | on two particular issues. | 两项条款 |
[36:55] | Shit. I knew this was gonna happen. | 妈的 我就知道会这样 |
[36:59] | – It’s the whore’s share, ain’t it? – It is. | -是分钱给妓女的事吧 -没错 |
[37:01] | Resistance to the idea of formalizing her interest in writing. | 他们反对将她的那份分成正式写进协议 |
[37:04] | It’s the second of the two issues I find more troubling. | 但我觉得第二个问题更麻烦 |
[37:07] | – What’s that? – You. | -是什么 -你 |
[37:10] | It would appear that while the crew seems able to forgive | 看样子船员们也许能原谅 |
[37:13] | or at least forget my part | 或至少能忘记我 |
[37:15] | in the Mr. Hamund situation, | 对哈蒙德先生犯下的错事 |
[37:18] | they are aware that you were the prime mover behind it | 但他们很清楚你是当时的幕后推手 |
[37:20] | and they are less willing to forgive it or forget it in your case. | 他们不想原谅也无法忘记这是你的错 |
[37:24] | They don’t want me nor the whore? | 他们想把我和那个妓女都踢开 |
[37:27] | It was put to me that | 他们是让我 |
[37:28] | they will accept one or the other, but not both. | 留你或者留她 但不能都留下 |
[37:32] | Fucking hell. | 真该死 |
[37:34] | How are we gonna get her to keep turning out those leads | 要是她知道她拿不到钱 |
[37:36] | when she finds out she ain’t getting her own share? | 我们怎么让她继续给我们提供线索呢 |
[37:46] | What? | 什么 |
[37:47] | It’s only temporary. Till I gain their trust. | 这只是暂时的 只要我取得他们的信任 |
[37:50] | Sooner than later, I’ll be able to make the case to them directly. | 我迟早会和他们摊牌 |
[37:53] | And you’ll be back sailing with us | 然后你就能像什么都没发生过一样 |
[37:54] | like this never happened. | 和我们一起出海了 |
[37:57] | You chose her. | 你选了她 |
[37:59] | They gave me a choice, but it was no choice. | 他们虽然给了我选择 但我其实别无选择 |
[38:01] | Had I gone the other way, | 如果我选了你 |
[38:03] | they’d be stewing about how I value my relationship with you | 他们会觉得我重视我俩的关系 |
[38:06] | over securing their leads. | 多过于保证他们的线索来源 |
[38:07] | It would have cost me their trust and then the captaincy. | 那我会失去他们的信任 和船长的位置 |
[38:10] | Most assuredly soon there after. | 肯定很快就会如此 |
[38:12] | This is what is best for both of us in the final analysis. | 归根结底这样才是对我俩最好的 |
[38:14] | We will sail at the head of this crew, | 我们会成为这队船员的老大 |
[38:17] | it just requires this sacrifice in the short term to ensure it. | 只是现在需要暂时的牺牲来确保这一点 |
[38:20] | Anne? Anne? | 安妮 安妮 |
[38:32] | Perhaps it would help if we went back to the beginning? | 不如我们还是从头理一遍吧 |
[38:34] | You said you were captured by the navy. | 你说你被海军抓了 |
[38:36] | You said you escaped their custody, made your way back here, | 然后你逃了出来 回到了这里 |
[38:38] | but you didn’t mention | 但你并没有提到 |
[38:39] | the means by which you managed that escape. | 你到底是怎么逃回来的 |
[38:41] | – Why are you here? – I beg your pardon? | -你来干什么 -你说什么 |
[38:43] | Why are you the one here defending him? | 你怎么会来为他说话 |
[38:46] | Oh, yes. I suppose it must come as some surprise | 对了 鉴于我们最后一次见面的情况 |
[38:48] | given the state of things when last we saw each other. | 你肯定会觉得很惊讶 |
[38:51] | But it’s become clear to me | 但我渐渐发现 |
[38:53] | that a crew requires two men to function. | 一队船员需要两个人来管理 |
[38:55] | One to tell them what to do and | 一个要告诉他们该做什么 |
[38:56] | another to tell them why they should want to do it. | 另一个负责解释为什么要这么做 |
[38:59] | In Mr. Gates’ absence, | 盖茨先生离世以后 |
[39:00] | the latter role was unfilled. | 后面一职就空了出来 |
[39:03] | And I thought I could fill it. | 所以我想就由我来接任吧 |
[39:05] | How the fuck did you manage that? | 你他妈怎么做到的 |
[39:07] | I tried to tell you once, I’m a hard man not to like. | 我跟你说过 我很有人格魅力的 |
[39:11] | And at the end of the day, and all else being equal, | 所以说到底 如果其他条件一样 |
[39:13] | liked is just as good as feared. | 被人喜欢和被人畏惧一样有用 |
[39:18] | We like him. | 我们很喜欢他 |
[39:23] | You thought Flint killed both me and Gates | 你以为弗林特杀了我和盖茨先生 |
[39:26] | and then you queued up to be the next to fill the post. | 却还想出任那个职位 |
[39:29] | I don’t know if you’re either very dangerous or very stupid. | 我真不知道你是太危险还是太愚蠢 |
[39:33] | Possibly a bit of both. | 恐怕二者兼有 |
[39:35] | But I am certain I will avoid the mistake you both made. | 但我一定不会去犯你们俩犯过的错误 |
[39:39] | I don’t believe in him. | 我并非是信仰他 |
[39:42] | To me, he is a means of securing a very valuable prize. | 对我 他不过是一大笔战利品的保障罢了 |
[39:45] | No more, no less. | 别无其他 |
[39:48] | Which is why I need to know… | 所以我需要知道… |
[39:52] | when asked by the men, | 如果船员们问起来 |
[39:55] | what will you tell them | 你会告诉他们 |
[39:56] | happened on the bow of the Walrus that night? | 那晚在海象号的船头到底发生了什么 |
[39:59] | How did you end up in the water? | 你为什么会掉进水里 |
[40:01] | You keep focusing on how I went in. | 你一直在问我是怎么掉进海里的 |
[40:07] | Perhaps you should be more worried about | 也许你更该担心的是 |
[40:09] | the thing that took me out. | 是什么把我救了上来 |
[40:14] | I can see how the men could’ve been taken in by you… | 我可以理解那些人怎么会被你骗了 |
[40:16] | with what they’ve been through. | 毕竟他们经历了这一切 |
[40:19] | But know this– | 但我告诉你 |
[40:21] | had I been here, | 要是之前我也在 |
[40:23] | I doubt it would have been this easy for you. | 你恐怕就没这么容易哄骗他们了 |
[40:28] | Sooner or later, you need to release me. | 你迟早得放了我 |
[40:31] | You have no choice. | 你没得选 |
[40:34] | And the longer you delay, | 你拖得越久 |
[40:36] | the more likely I might choose | 我就越有可能选择 |
[40:38] | to take it personally. | 把这件事算在你头上 |
[40:41] | I would say I have some choice. | 我想说我还是有选择的 |
[40:48] | Not while he’s here you don’t. | 他在这儿 你就没得选 |
[40:53] | We like him, too. | 我们也喜欢他 |
[41:44] | You must understand, | 你要知道 |
[41:45] | though you perceive my actions in recent weeks | 虽然这几周来我的所作所为 |
[41:47] | to have been taken with little regard for your welfare, | 让你觉得我好像并非是为你考虑 |
[41:50] | the truth is exactly the opposite. | 但事实恰好相反 |
[41:53] | All of my attempts to regain control of this place | 我为了夺回这里而做的所有努力 |
[41:55] | have been with an eye towards protecting you. | 都是为了保护你 |
[41:57] | You really have no idea what this is about, do you? | 你真的不知道我为什么生气 对吧 |
[41:59] | – Eleanor. – You left me. | -埃莉诺 -你抛弃了我 |
[42:03] | After mother was killed in the Rosario raid, | 母亲在罗萨里奥突袭中死去后 |
[42:04] | you left me here. | 你就把我丢在了这里 |
[42:08] | What kind of a reprehensible shit | 怎样不负责的混蛋 |
[42:10] | does something like that to a little girl | 会在这样对待一个小女孩后 |
[42:13] | and then asks her to trust him again? | 还要求人家再次信任他的 |
[42:17] | Your mother’s loss | 失去了你的母亲 |
[42:19] | was almost unbearable to me. | 对我来说是无法忍受的伤痛 |
[42:21] | I must confess that in that moment, | 我必须承认在当时 |
[42:23] | the only way I could think to carry on | 我唯一能想到的继续生活的方法 |
[42:26] | was to immerse myself in business. | 就是完全沉浸于工作 |
[42:28] | And to remove myself from this place. | 彻底远离这里 |
[42:30] | From her memory. | 躲开有她的回忆 |
[42:34] | And for that, I am sorry. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[42:38] | Bullshit. | 扯淡 |
[42:40] | It wasn’t about mother. | 根本就与母亲无关 |
[42:43] | It wasn’t about an oversight. | 与疏忽照看无关 |
[42:48] | You left me here because I wasn’t your son. | 你丢下我是因为我不是儿子 |
[42:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:01] | I was focused on the work | 我当时一心扑在工作上 |
[43:03] | and I saw no future in which a daughter | 我不知道女儿对我 |
[43:06] | would have a meaningful part in that. | 工作的未来有何意义 |
[43:12] | But, Eleanor, | 但是 埃莉诺 |
[43:14] | look how wrong I was. | 我是大错特错了 |
[43:18] | Look at what you’ve accomplished here. | 瞧瞧你在这里的成就 |
[43:21] | Pirate crews… | 海盗团 |
[43:22] | repurposed as merchant shippers and showing profits. | 变成了商船 带来了收益 |
[43:25] | You have proved the conceit possible. | 你证明了这个梦的可能性 |
[43:28] | You are making real | 你实现了几十年来 |
[43:30] | what was for decades a fantasy. | 一直只是幻想的梦 |
[43:33] | The idea that this place can be transformed, | 那就是这里能够自救 |
[43:35] | made profitable, redeemed from within and on its own terms? | 能够转型 能够带来收益的梦 |
[43:40] | You are doing this without any help from me, | 而你自己做到了这些 没有我的帮助 |
[43:44] | nor from Whitehall, nor from anyone in London at all. | 没有白厅 或者伦敦任何人的帮助 |
[43:47] | It is entirely of your own making. | 完全是你的功劳 |
[43:51] | And it is miraculous. | 这简直不可思议 |
[43:54] | One day, years from now, | 总有一天 很多年以后 |
[43:56] | someone in London will sit down, | 在伦敦 有个人会安然坐下 |
[43:58] | light his pipe and tell his children | 点起烟斗给孩子们讲故事 |
[44:00] | of the unlikely success story that was Nassau. | 讲起拿骚奇迹般的崛起 |
[44:05] | And he will say it all began with a woman | 他会说这都是由一个女人而起 |
[44:07] | who decided to make it so. | 是她决定这么做的 |
[44:11] | You have proven me so very wrong. | 你已经证明了我大错特错 |
[44:15] | And I could not be prouder of you for it. | 我也非常为你感到骄傲 |
[44:20] | Miss Guthrie? Miss Guthrie? | 格斯里小姐 格斯里小姐 |
[44:29] | I have Flint here. It would be best if we could be alone. | 我把弗林特带来了 我俩最好私下谈 |
[44:35] | You can use the parlor upstairs. | 你们可以去楼上的会客厅 |
[44:47] | Everyone out. | 所有人都出去 |
[44:51] | Now! | 快点 |
[45:17] | While you were gone, | 在你离开期间 |
[45:19] | Captain Vane and his men | 韦恩船长和他的手下 |
[45:21] | slaughtered another pirate crew in the bay. | 干掉了港湾里的另一伙海盗 |
[45:24] | There are whispers it was to avenge | 有传闻说那是为了 |
[45:26] | an offense against Eleanor Guthrie. | 帮埃莉诺·格斯里报仇 |
[45:27] | There are also whispers | 还有传闻说 |
[45:29] | that it was to steal a hostage being held by that crew. | 是为了夺取那艘船上的一个人质 |
[45:32] | A girl who is now held in that fort. | 这女孩现在被关在那座堡垒里 |
[45:34] | A girl who would be in harm’s way | 如果你发动攻击 |
[45:36] | if you were to launch your attack. | 这女孩就会有危险 |
[45:37] | You pulled me away from my men out of concern for a girl? | 你把我拉过来单独谈就为了跟我说一个女孩吗 |
[45:40] | The girl’s name is Abigail Ashe. | 这女孩叫阿比盖尔·艾什 |
[45:49] | Peter’s daughter? | 彼得的女儿吗 |
[45:50] | You need to obtain her from Captain Vane. | 你得从韦恩船长手里把她救出来 |
[45:53] | Alive and unharmed. | 安然无恙地救出来 |
[45:54] | And you need to return her to Carolina, to her father. | 然后送她回卡罗莱纳 她父亲那儿 |
[45:57] | I understand you have feelings over the girl’s welfare, however– | 我明白你关心这个女孩的安危 但… |
[45:59] | And when you return her, | 你带她回去的时候 |
[46:02] | you’re going to explain to Peter | 要去跟彼得解释 |
[46:04] | what it is you are trying to accomplish here. | 你想在这里完成什么伟业 |
[46:08] | A Nassau that can self-govern, | 拿骚自治 |
[46:10] | pardons for your men, and a stake in their own future. | 赦免你的手下 以及让他们重新开始的资金 |
[46:12] | What you want. What Thomas wanted. | 你想怎么样 托马斯想怎么样 |
[46:15] | What we all wanted. | 我们所有人想怎么样 |
[46:18] | And he is going to help you achieve it. | 他会帮你实现的 |
[46:19] | – He’s gonna help me? – Yes. | -他会帮我 -没错 |
[46:21] | And how exactly is he gonna do that? | 那他会怎么做呢 |
[46:23] | Thomas knew no one more skilled or effective | 托马斯知道没有人比彼得更懂 |
[46:26] | at maneuvering an agenda through Parliament than Peter. | 熟练有效地通过国会操纵一项议程 |
[46:29] | If he wanted to convince them | 如果让他去说服他们 |
[46:30] | to support your vision for this place, he could do that. | 来支持你对这个地方的愿景 他能做到的 |
[46:33] | You know he could do that. | 你知道他能做到的 |
[46:35] | We tried it before, it didn’t work. | 我们以前也试过 没有用 |
[46:36] | It was a different time. | 现在时代不同了 |
[46:39] | There’s no Alfred Hamilton now. | 没有阿尔弗雷德·汉密尔顿 |
[46:42] | There’s no war with Spain now. | 也没有与西班牙之间的战争 |
[46:44] | Peter was faced with both those things and almost succeeded. | 当年有这两个因素的时候彼得都差点成功了 |
[46:47] | Without them, it is well within his reach. | 如今没有这些事 他简直手到擒来 |
[46:49] | Miranda, Peter Ashe isn’t the man that you remember. | 米兰达 彼得·艾什已不是你记忆中的那个人了 |
[46:52] | Six months ago, he hanged four men in his harbor | 六个月前 仅仅因为持有海盗物品 |
[46:56] | for possession of pirated goods. | 他就在港湾里绞死了四个人 |
[46:58] | This is not a man that we can negotiate with– | 我们不能跟这种人商谈 |
[47:00] | – that I can negotiate with. – Of course you can. | -我不能 -你当然能 |
[47:03] | Because you will have just presented him with his only daughter. | 因为你才帮他把唯一的女儿救了出来 |
[47:07] | Safe and unharmed and without conditions. | 安然无恙 毫发无伤 |
[47:10] | And you will have reminded him that you are still the man | 这会让他想起你还是原来那个 |
[47:13] | who sat in Thomas’ salon and spoke of | 坐在托马斯的沙龙里 |
[47:15] | virtue and reason and forgiveness. | 谈论着美德 道理与宽恕的人 |
[47:22] | That found inspiration in him. | 曾鼓舞过他的那个人 |
[47:34] | And you will remind Peter that somewhere in his heart, | 你会让彼得想起在他内心深处的某个地方 |
[47:38] | so is he. | 他也还是原来的他 |
[47:39] | This is too important | 事关重大 |
[47:41] | to put all our fates in the hands of one man. | 不能把我们所有人的命运都交到一个人的手里 |
[47:43] | Especially a man so committed | 尤其这个人还一心 |
[47:45] | to seeing me and everyone else I know hanged in his harbor. | 要把我和所有我认识的人绞死在他的港湾里 |
[47:48] | There is no other way to achieve what you want to achieve– | 没有其他办法来达到你的目的… |
[47:50] | Yes there is! | 当然有 |
[47:51] | It is sitting on a beach filled with Spanish soldiers, | 它正在海滩上被一群西班牙士兵看守着 |
[47:53] | and I’m through delaying. | 而我不想再浪费时间 |
[47:54] | There is no other way | 一旦你愿意说出你的真实目的 |
[47:55] | once you’re willing to tell the truth about your intentions here. | 那就真的没有别的办法了 |
[48:00] | I think that I’ve made my intentions very clear. | 我想我的目的已经说得非常清楚了 |
[48:03] | No. | 不 |
[48:06] | You’ve been anything but clear. | 你根本没说清楚 |
[48:09] | You say you fight for the sake of Nassau, | 你说你为了拿骚而战 |
[48:12] | for the sake of your men, | 为了你的船员而战 |
[48:13] | for the sake of Thomas and his memory. | 为了托马斯和他的名声而战 |
[48:16] | But the truth of the matter is, | 但事实是 |
[48:18] | it isn’t for any of those things. | 你压根不是为了这些事 |
[48:19] | What the fuck do you think I am fighting for? | 那你他妈以为我是为什么而战 |
[48:21] | I think you are fighting for the sake of fighting. | 我认为你是为战而战 |
[48:25] | Because it’s the only state in which you can function. | 因为这是你唯一可做的 |
[48:28] | The only way to keep that voice in your head | 这是唯一阻止你脑海里的声音 |
[48:30] | from driving you mad. | 让你发疯的办法 |
[48:32] | What are you talking about? What voice? | 你在说什么 什么声音 |
[48:37] | The one telling you to be ashamed of yourself… | 那个告诉你要为自己爱过他 |
[48:41] | for having loved him. | 而感到可耻的声音 |
[49:28] | You were told that it was shameful. | 你被告知那是可耻的 |
[49:32] | And part of you believed it. | 你的确有一些相信 |
[49:36] | Thomas was my husband. | 托马斯是我丈夫 |
[49:38] | I loved him and he loved me. | 我爱他 他也爱我 |
[49:41] | But what he shared with you… | 但他与你之间… |
[49:44] | it was entirely something else. | 是完全不一样的东西 |
[49:48] | It’s time you allowed yourself to accept that. | 你该去接受了 |
[49:57] | The only thing I am ashamed of… | 唯一让我感到可耻的是 |
[50:02] | is that I didn’t do something to save him | 在我们还有机会的时候 我没有做点什么 |
[50:05] | when we had the chance. | 去救他 |
[50:12] | That instead I listened to you. | 我却听了你的话 |
[52:33] | 给我的挚爱詹姆斯 不畏世俗 托马斯·汉密尔顿 |