时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Is this English soil? | 这里属于英国吗 |
[00:12] | It was once. | 以前是 |
[00:14] | Now it ain’t. | 现在不是了 |
[00:16] | – Whose is it? – Ours! | -现在属于谁呢 -是我们的 |
[00:20] | When the king brands us pirates, | 国王给我们打上海盗的烙印 |
[00:22] | he means to make us monsters, | 他是想把我们变成野兽 |
[00:24] | For that’s the only way his god-fearing, | 只有这样 他那些敬畏上帝 |
[00:25] | tax-paying subjects can make sense of men | 交付税金的子民们才会需要那些 |
[00:28] | who keep what is theirs and fear no one. | 保护自己财产的人而无所畏惧 |
[00:31] | I’m not just going to make you rich. | 我不止要让你们富贵 |
[00:32] | I’m not just going to make your strong. | 不止要让你们强大 |
[00:34] | I’m going to make you the princes of the new world! | 还要让你们成为新世界的王者 |
[00:39] | Urca de Lima, | 厄卡·德·利马号 |
[00:40] | the largest Spanish treasure galleon in the Americas. | 美洲最大的西班牙珍宝船 |
[00:44] | Total cargo of 5 million Spanish dollars. | 货物总价值超过了五百万西班牙银币 |
[00:48] | A page was torn from the log | 航行日志的一页被撕了 |
[00:49] | with the Urca’s course and schedule. | 上面写着厄卡的航线和日程表 |
[00:52] | – Where’s the page? – You’re looking at it. | -那页日志在哪 -就在你面前 |
[00:54] | I took drastic measures. Your schedule is up here. | 我采取了极端措施 你的日程表就在这儿 |
[00:57] | Our mutual friend tried to protect you. | 我们共同的朋友想保护你 |
[01:01] | You left anyway. Why? | 然而你还是逃走了 为什么 |
[01:03] | How did you feel when she threw you aside? | 她抛下你时 你是什么感觉 |
[01:06] | Eleanor, wait. | 埃莉诺 等等 |
[01:10] | I’m so sorry he did this to you. | 对不起 他这样待你 |
[01:11] | He didn’t do this to me. You did. | 这事不怪他 是你 |
[01:14] | You betrayed your brothers for a woman, | 你为女人背叛了自己的兄弟 |
[01:18] | so the street will know what you did, | 这件事会四处传播 |
[01:20] | and you’ll never sail beneath the black again. | 你再也别想跟海盗船出海了 |
[01:22] | Thank you for what you did for me. | 谢谢你为我所做的一切 |
[01:25] | I didn’t do it for you. | 我不是为了你 |
[01:30] | My husband and I were happy. | 我丈夫和我很幸福 |
[01:32] | Captain Flint was Thomas’ closest friend. | 弗林特船长是托马斯最亲密的朋友 |
[01:34] | And after his death, he saw fit | 我丈夫死后 为了我的安全着想 |
[01:36] | to spirit me here for my own safety. | 他认为应该把我带到这来 |
[01:39] | Thomas’ wife had begun a torrid affair | 托马斯的妻子与她丈夫的好友 |
[01:42] | with her husband’s closest friend. | 谱写了一段风流韵事 |
[01:44] | And upon discovering the affair, | 因为发现了这段婚外情 |
[01:45] | Thomas went mad with grief. | 托马斯悲痛到发疯 |
[01:47] | Given the facts at hand, | 根据目前的情况 |
[01:49] | the lover is none other than our friend Captain Flint. | 这位情人不是别人就是我们的朋友弗林特船长 |
[01:53] | Found it in Parrish’s cabinets. | 在帕里士的船舱里发现的 |
[01:54] | It’s from the barlow woman. | 是那个姓巴洛的女人写的 |
[01:55] | There was a pardon for Flint in Boston. | 她想让法官在波士顿赦免弗林特 |
[01:57] | She says we’re going to kill him | 她说要让我们知道他背叛了我们 |
[01:58] | when we learn of his betrayal. | 我们会杀了他 |
[01:59] | Earlier when you and Mr. Gates were having words, | 之前你跟盖茨先生说话的时候 |
[02:02] | you mentioned a letter! | 提到了一封信 |
[02:03] | What was in it, Billy? | 信里写了什么 比利 |
[02:04] | I think you know what was in it! | 你心知肚明吧 |
[02:08] | – To starboard! – Man overboard! | -打右满舵 -船员落水 |
[02:12] | – It’s Billy! He fell! – We can’t turn back. | -是比利 他落水了 -我们不能回去 |
[02:18] | We’re going to recreate my father’s system here | 我们要在这里重建我父亲的生意 |
[02:20] | without my father. | 而不需要他 |
[02:21] | A consortium with all of you sharing in the profits. | 所有人合伙 共享利益 |
[02:24] | There is a place not far from here | 离这里不远处有一个地方 |
[02:25] | where you could be feared and respected once again. | 在那里 你们将再次获得敬畏与尊重 |
[02:29] | I went out there, surprised Captain Hornigold’s men. | 我去了那里 突袭了霍尼戈德船长的手下 |
[02:31] | We took his fort. Fort controls the bay. | 我们占领了他的堡垒 堡垒控制着海湾 |
[02:34] | The bay controls the commerce. | 海湾控制着贸易 |
[02:36] | I control the fort, so I will be your partner. | 我控制着堡垒 所以我要做你的合伙人 |
[02:38] | You lied to them! | 你骗了他们 |
[02:39] | If no one knows, everyone wins. | 如果只有你知我知 大家都受益 |
[02:41] | I believe in this place. | 我相信这个地方 |
[02:42] | If there’s anyone who can do what’s necessary | 如果有谁能行必要之举 |
[02:44] | to make it something better, it’s you. | 让这地方变得更好 那非你莫属 |
[02:46] | – Sails! – Is it the Urca? | -有船 -是厄卡号吗 |
[02:49] | She’s a man o’ war! Spanish banners! | 那是军舰 西班牙国旗 |
[02:52] | That ship is an escort. It’s the only explanation. | 那艘船是护航舰 只有这个解释 |
[02:55] | I’m taking the Ranger and I’m leaving. | 我要指挥游侠号离开 |
[03:06] | I think it will be awhile before she sails again. | 它得过一阵子才能再次起航了 |
[03:09] | In the meantime, you and I have been charged | 同时 我和你被指控 |
[03:11] | with provoking this whole mess. | 造成了这一片混乱 |
[03:13] | Told you I was certain about my information regarding the Urca. | 我就跟你说 有关厄卡号的信息我很确定 |
[03:15] | Unfortunately, you and I failed to take into account the weather. | 不幸的是 咱俩都没把天气纳入考量 |
[03:18] | The Urca de Lima wrecked at sea last night, | 厄卡·德·利马号昨晚在海里失事了 |
[03:20] | dashed by the storm. | 被风暴摧毁 |
[04:42] | Are you certain this is wise, sir? | 您确定这么做明智吗 长官 |
[04:46] | Stories I hear about the raiders in these waters, | 我听说过这些海上强盗的事迹 |
[04:50] | their brutality– | 他们残忍至极 |
[04:52] | Cui bono, Mr. Fogg. | 为了什么 弗格先生 |
[04:55] | These men profit nothing from blood. | 杀死我们不会给他们带来任何利益 |
[04:56] | They profit from cargo. | 他们要的是货物 |
[04:58] | And they profit most when that cargo is least costly to win. | 更重要的是 不费吹灰之力就能夺来的货物 |
[05:02] | Those stories you’ve heard– | 你听到的那些传说 |
[05:05] | tools of the trade, | 不过是他们的手段 |
[05:07] | self-applied by the pirates themselves, | 都是他们自己编造出来的 |
[05:09] | intended to separate us from our cargo | 为了让我们缴械投降 |
[05:11] | by surrender rather than sword. | 主动交出船上的货物 |
[05:14] | These are men, Mr. Fogg, not monsters. | 他们也是人 弗格先生 不是怪物 |
[05:19] | If we behave rationally and civilly, | 如果我们以礼待人 |
[05:23] | so will they. | 他们也会这么做的 |
[05:45] | Down to the well, move! | 都下去 快点 |
[05:47] | The ship is yours, sir. | 这艘船属于您了 先生 |
[05:49] | Our manifest. | 这是我们的货单 |
[05:51] | Everything that would be of value to you | 里面记载了船上所有有价值的物品 |
[05:52] | is accounted for, and its location in the hold. | 以及在船舱的位置 |
[05:57] | Eight barrels, marked “JP,” forward hold, port side. | 八桶火枪 左舷前舱 |
[06:00] | Mr. Neustadt, step to it. | 纽斯塔德先生 去核对一下 |
[06:02] | Pardon me, Captain. May I ask, | 抱歉船长 容我问句 |
[06:03] | are you one of the pirates that calls the port of Nassau home? | 你是以拿骚为家的海盗之一吗 |
[06:07] | Three barrels, tea… | 三桶茶叶 |
[06:09] | I’m a recent arrival to Nassau. | 我是最近才去的 |
[06:11] | I only ask inasmuch as it’s become something of a fascination of mine. | 我会这么问是因为我对那里充满了向往 |
[06:15] | They say the reality of the place | 他们说那地方 |
[06:17] | is far more interesting than the myth. | 百闻不如一见 |
[06:19] | The business there is so efficient, so enlightened, | 那里的商业十分高效先进 |
[06:22] | that all trade is managed by a teenaged girl. | 而且所有的交易都是由一个年轻女孩管理的 |
[06:26] | Tell me, is that true? | 告诉我 是真的吗 |
[06:33] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[06:38] | Ashe. | 艾什 |
[06:40] | As in Lord Ashe. | 就是那个艾什勋爵吗 |
[06:47] | Then let’s get on with it. | 那就动手吧 |
[06:58] | Everyone up! | 大伙儿都上来 |
[07:15] | Oh, no, please. | 不 求你了 |
[07:24] | Go ahead! | 动手吧 |
[07:32] | Mercy! Merc– – | 饶命啊 饶命… |
[07:40] | I’d like to thank you for the orderly surrender of your ship. | 非常感谢你能主动配合交出船只 |
[07:44] | It’s truly amazing to me how many men in your position | 很少看到你这种职位的人 |
[07:46] | lack the sense to do the same. | 能如此有悟性 |
[07:49] | Ordinarily I would return the courtesy, | 一般情况下我都会礼尚往来 |
[07:52] | relieve you of your cargo and be on my way. | 把你赶下船然后分道扬镳 |
[07:55] | But your ship is about to yield a prize | 但你的船将会为我们带来 |
[07:57] | of far, far greater value than our wildest expectation, | 超乎我们想象的价值 |
[08:01] | a far greater prize | 那奖励过于丰厚 |
[08:04] | for which I’d rather not leave witnesses to the taking. | 因此我不想留下任何见证者 |
[08:08] | Please, please, sir. I have a wife and a son. | 求你了 先生 我有妻有子 |
[08:31] | Hell of a prize, Mr. Meeks. | 真是捡到宝了 米克斯先生 |
[08:34] | Hell of a prize. | 捡到宝了 |
[10:51] | Captain. | 船长 |
[11:01] | Captain. | 船长 |
[11:09] | Captain, before we’re seen… | 船长 别被人发现了 |
[11:13] | Don’t call him that. | 别这么叫他 |
[11:18] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[11:21] | Well what? | 什么怎么样 |
[11:24] | The crimes you’ve committed | 你对船员们 |
[11:25] | against your crew are undisputed. | 犯下的那些罪行毋庸置疑 |
[11:28] | The only reason the sentence hasn’t been carried out | 唯一还没有执行裁决的原因 |
[11:30] | is that I’ve been delaying the vote | 是我一直推迟了投票 |
[11:32] | in hopes that you might help me find a way to get that gold, | 而我希望你能帮我从那片海滩 |
[11:35] | or as much of it as possible, off that beach. | 抢来尽可能多的金币 |
[11:40] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[11:42] | Because if you do, | 因为如果你同意了 |
[11:44] | I’ll personally guarantee your sentences are commuted. | 我会保证减轻你的处罚 |
[11:50] | You’ll guarantee that, will you? | 这你能保证得了吗 |
[11:51] | You underestimate your men yet again. | 你再一次低估了你的船员 |
[11:54] | They will hear reason, | 他们听得进道理的 |
[11:56] | especially when it comes from a voice they can trust. | 尤其是从一个他们信任的人口中说出 |
[12:01] | The men feel they’re entitled to leave this ordeal | 船员们都认为经过这次事件 |
[12:03] | – with something to show for– – Fuck those men. | -他们应该得到丰厚的… -去他妈的船员 |
[12:08] | Fuck them for their shortsightedness. | 那帮目光短浅的鼠辈 |
[12:11] | Fuck them for their ingratitude. | 不知感恩的禽兽 |
[12:13] | And fuck them for siding with a cowardly, | 竟然会站在一个胆小如鼠 |
[12:15] | sniveling shit of a mutineer. | 一无是处的叛徒那边 |
[12:19] | There are over 100 soldiers on that beach, | 那海滩上有超过100名卫兵 |
[12:22] | sworn upon their lives to protect that gold. | 都誓死捍卫那堆金币 |
[12:25] | In a matter of hours, | 几小时内 |
[12:27] | they’ll dispatch teams to search for threats. | 他们就会派人搜寻任何潜在的威胁 |
[12:29] | In a matter of days, | 数日之内 |
[12:31] | they’ll locate our wreck and our camp, | 他们会找到我们的沉船残骸和营地 |
[12:35] | and they will kill every last member of your crew. | 把你的船员全部杀光 |
[12:39] | And they’ll deserve it, | 他们是罪有应得 |
[12:42] | none more so than you. | 你也一样 |
[12:51] | Bring them back. | 把船员叫回来 |
[12:54] | We’ll ready the nooses. | 准备好绞索 |
[13:11] | Wait. | 等等 |
[13:18] | The Urca’s gold is secure. | 厄卡号上的金币可不好夺 |
[13:22] | A full complement of soldiers, | 那里有重兵把守 |
[13:24] | reinforced batteries– 18-pounders, all of them– | 人人都配有18磅的精良火炮 |
[13:28] | and men who know how to use them. | 而且个个都精于使用 |
[13:29] | There’s no way of approaching that beach from the land. | 无法从陆地接近那片海滩 |
[13:33] | Why the fuck are we listening to him? | 我们他妈的为什么还要听他的 |
[13:34] | Yeah, why? | 是啊 为什么 |
[13:36] | We should be cutting your goddamn tongue out | 就为你曾撒过的谎 |
[13:38] | for all the lies you’ve told us. | 我们应该把你舌头切下来 |
[13:40] | Gentlemen! | 先生们 |
[13:41] | No one is angrier about Mr. Flint’s crimes than I. | 对于弗林特的罪行 没人比我更愤怒 |
[13:45] | Which is why you must trust me | 所以当我让你们听他说话的时候 |
[13:46] | when I ask you to hear what he has to say. | 你们必须得相信我 |
[13:52] | And even if it weren’t for the soldiers, | 就算没有那些卫兵 |
[13:54] | even if it weren’t for the guns, | 就算没有那些武器 |
[13:57] | there’s a fucking warship watching over every inch of the bay– | 还是有艘战舰盯着海湾的每个角落 |
[14:00] | a fucking warship that has already killed half your number, | 这艘战舰已经杀光你们半数的人 |
[14:04] | a fucking warship that would prevent any approach | 它会阻止任何人 |
[14:07] | to that beach via the sea. | 从海上靠近沙滩 |
[14:10] | There’s simply no way of stealing that gold. | 想偷那些金子根本不可能 |
[14:16] | But there might be something else you can steal. | 但也许你们可以偷些别的 |
[14:21] | The fucking warship. | 那艘战舰 |
[14:26] | What? | 什么 |
[14:29] | Too many soldiers on the beach, which means | 沙滩上有重兵把守 这意味着 |
[14:32] | that the watch on the ship is spare. | 他们对战舰的看管会疏松很多 |
[14:35] | Two men approach quietly, | 两个人偷偷潜入 |
[14:38] | evade a handful of sentries | 躲过哨兵 |
[14:40] | and eliminate the watch on the mainmast. | 再解决掉主桅上的守卫 |
[14:43] | Now at this point, | 在那时 |
[14:44] | while the sun is failing | 太阳西沉 |
[14:47] | but before the night watch arrives, | 而夜值还没到来之前 |
[14:49] | an assault could be made. | 我们就可以进攻了 |
[14:53] | That ship | 那艘船 |
[14:55] | is your only means of escape. | 是你们唯一的逃生出路 |
[14:58] | And that ship is your only means | 那艘船也是你们唯一的工具 |
[15:00] | of taking anything of value | 帮你在这场混战里 |
[15:02] | out of this ordeal. | 夺下任何有价值的东西 |
[15:05] | And once it is in your possession– | 一旦你们得手了 |
[15:07] | – Enough of this. – Once that ship is in your possession– | -够了 -一旦船变成你们的 |
[15:08] | – Do none of you remember his crimes? – Mr. De Groot! | -你们还记得他犯的罪吗 -德·格鲁特先生 |
[15:10] | Once that ship is in your possession, you will be invincible! | 一旦你们夺下战舰 你们将所向披靡 |
[15:24] | Now the risk | 现在唯一的风险 |
[15:27] | falls almost entirely on the first two men out. | 就落在了两个负责潜入的人身上了 |
[15:32] | I would volunteer | 为了得到你们的原谅 |
[15:33] | in exchange for your pardon. | 我自愿参加 |
[15:37] | That leaves one man to go. | 所以还要一个人 |
[15:43] | One volunteer– | 一个志愿者 |
[15:44] | I’ll do it. | 我来吧 |
[15:50] | I’ll– I’ll go. | 我来 |
[16:00] | Then let’s put Mr. Flint’s plan to a vote. | 那么我们给弗林特先生的计划投个票吧 |
[16:03] | All in favor? | 都同意吗 |
[16:09] | Aye! Aye! Aye! | 同意 |
[16:39] | Lord Thomas Hamilton? | 托马斯·汉密尔顿勋爵 |
[16:44] | Are you the liaison sent by the Admiralty? | 你是海军司令部派来的联络员吗 |
[16:47] | I am, my lord. | 是的 勋爵 |
[16:49] | They say it started with a man named Henry Avery. | 他们说一切起始于一个叫亨利·艾弗里的人 |
[16:53] | Sailed into the port of Nassau, | 把船开进拿骚港 |
[16:56] | bribed the colonial governor to look past his sins, | 贿赂殖民地长官赦免他的罪 |
[16:58] | encamped his crew upon the beach, | 并带着他的船员在沙滩上扎营 |
[17:01] | and thus began the pirate issue on New Providence Island. | 从而演变成新普罗维登斯岛的海盗问题 |
[17:05] | Where and when will it all end? | 何时何地它才会终结 |
[17:07] | I suppose that’s where you and I come into the story. | 我想这是你我该参与的部分 |
[17:10] | As I’m sure you’re aware, my father the Earl holds great sway | 你应该注意到了 我父亲伯爵大人 |
[17:13] | amongst his peers in Whitehall. | 在英国政府的同僚中很有影响力 |
[17:14] | He has asked for the assistance of Her Majesty’s Navy | 他已经请求女王陛下派出海军 |
[17:17] | in pacifying the island to which he holds title. | 协助他平叛并收复这座岛 |
[17:20] | He was assured that this request would be considered | 有人向他确保 他的要求会被视为 |
[17:22] | – a matter of the utmost importance. – Undoubtedly, my lord. | -时下最紧急的事 -毫无疑问 勋爵 |
[17:25] | Then perhaps you can tell me why they decided to send you. | 那么你也许能告诉我 他们为何决定派你来 |
[17:29] | Beg pardon, my lord? | 您说什么 阁下 |
[17:32] | A number of your superiors are former schoolmates of mine. | 你许多上级是我以前的同窗 |
[17:36] | I canvassed them about your reputation– | 我向他们调查过你的出身 |
[17:39] | the son of a carpenter, | 你是木匠的儿子 |
[17:40] | no record of any formal schooling, | 没接受过任何的正式教育 |
[17:42] | and yet more literate than any three boys I knew at Eton. | 但现在却比伊顿的任何男孩都要更有学问 |
[17:47] | You are a rising star | 你是颗明日之星 |
[17:49] | with a bright future in the Admiralty. | 在海军部有光明的未来 |
[17:51] | You can understand my concern. | 你能明白我的顾虑 |
[17:53] | Not really. | 不见得 |
[17:55] | Perhaps my lack of education is showing. | 也许我曝露了我缺乏教育这一点 |
[17:59] | I intend to accomplish something here, Lieutenant. | 我想在这儿有所作为 上尉 |
[18:02] | I intend to save Nassau before she’s lost forever. | 我想在拿骚永远覆灭前拯救她 |
[18:06] | And I cannot do that with a partner | 如果我的搭档更着重于 |
[18:07] | who might be more concerned about advancing his career | 发展他的事业 而不是实现这个目标 |
[18:10] | than he is about realizing this goal. | 我将无法达成 |
[18:17] | – You want to save Nassau, my lord? – Very much so. | -你想拯救拿骚吗 阁下 -非常想 |
[18:20] | Then perhaps my job is to | 那也许我的任务 |
[18:21] | make certain you know what you’re getting into. | 就是确保你知道你要面对的是什么 |
[19:09] | You can go in now. | 现在你可以进去了 |
[19:30] | I’ll go get us some rum. | 我去给我们拿点朗姆酒 |
[19:35] | Where the fuck were you today? | 你他妈今天去哪儿了 |
[19:37] | Here. | 这里 |
[19:40] | You wanted to be a partner to the consortium, did you not? | 你想成为联盟的合伙人 不是吗 |
[19:42] | You wanted to take Hornigold’s seat at the table? | 你想取代霍尼戈德的席位 不是吗 |
[19:44] | Then that means you assume Hornigold’s responsibilities, | 那意味着你必须承担霍尼戈德的职责 |
[19:46] | first among them– turning up for the fucking meetings. | 首先 你他妈得出席那些会议 |
[19:49] | Is this really what you came up here for– | 你来找我就是为了这个吗 |
[19:51] | scold me for truancy? | 责怪我玩忽职守吗 |
[19:54] | This morning somebody killed two watchmen | 今早有人杀了两名守卫 |
[19:55] | and stole 500 pounds’ worth of cargo from the warehouse. | 偷走了仓库里价值五百英镑的货物 |
[19:58] | Sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[20:00] | Don’t be sorry. Do your fucking job. | 不用遗憾 做好你他妈的职责 |
[20:03] | And what job is that exactly? | 我的职责到底是什么 |
[20:04] | Hornigold provided security for the consortium’s operations. | 霍尼戈德负责联盟运作的安保工作 |
[20:08] | And you’d like me to fill that role for you now? | 你现在要我填补这个职务吗 |
[20:11] | If your friends aren’t capable of protecting themselves, | 如果你的朋友没能力保护好自己 |
[20:14] | then I argue they aren’t worth protecting. | 那我认为他们不值得被保护 |
[20:17] | What the fuck are you talking about? | 你他妈说的是什么话 |
[20:19] | You were the one who decided you wanted to be a part of this. | 是你自己要加入联盟的 |
[20:21] | To protect the bay. | 为了保护海湾 |
[20:23] | But to play the role of constable | 但要做治安官 |
[20:25] | for the benefit of Captains Naft and Lawrence? | 保护纳夫特和劳伦斯船长 没门儿 |
[20:29] | Your problem isn’t with me. | 你的问题不在我这里 |
[20:31] | Your problem– you need stronger partners. | 你的问题在于你需要更强的合伙人 |
[20:35] | I had stronger partners, you shit. | 我有更强的合伙人 你个混蛋 |
[20:36] | What are you doing down there, Eleanor? | 你来这里干什么 埃莉诺 |
[20:38] | Corporate charters? Mandatory meetings? | 宣读联盟章程吗 强制我去开会吗 |
[20:41] | The woman who stole ship and crew out from underneath me | 在我眼下取走我的船只和船员的女人 |
[20:43] | has no appetite for any of that. | 不会这么做 |
[20:45] | I think that’s why you’re so frustrated with me– | 我想你在我面前这么失意 |
[20:47] | because you know all this, because you know I know this, | 是因为你清楚得知道 因为你知道我知道 |
[20:49] | and because you know you are so much more like me | 因为你知道比起你这一生 |
[20:51] | than anyone you’ve ever met | 所遇的其他男人 |
[20:52] | – in your entire life. – Jesus Christ, enough. | -我跟你更相似 -天呐 够了 |
[20:54] | Stop telling me what it is you think I think. | 别再说你认为我是怎么想的 |
[20:56] | You sound fucking ridiculous. | 你的话他妈的莫名其妙 |
[20:59] | Do you know what it is I want? | 你知道我想要什么吗 |
[21:01] | I want to figure out a way of selling everyone’s shit here | 我想知道如何才能帮大家 |
[21:03] | for more tomorrow than I did yesterday. | 把货物的价钱卖得比以前更高 |
[21:05] | I want to establish a future here that isn’t measured in months. | 我想为这里创造未来 不是那种短暂的未来 |
[21:08] | And I want you to show up for a meeting when you’re fucking told. | 还有我他妈叫你开会的时候 你就赶紧滚过来 |
[21:12] | – Can’t leave yet. – Watch me. | -你还不能走 -你管不了我 |
[21:14] | You haven’t asked me the question yet. | 你还没问我那个问题 |
[21:16] | You haven’t asked me if I’m gonna let him in– | 你还没问我我会不会让他上岸… |
[21:19] | Flint. | 弗林特 |
[21:22] | Am I going to permit him | 我会不会允许他 |
[21:23] | to enter the bay with his Spanish treasure? | 带着西班牙人的珍宝上岸 |
[21:26] | Assuming, that is, he returns with it at all. | 前提是他能带着那些珍宝回来 |
[21:34] | Be very careful, Charles, | 你给我小心点 查尔斯 |
[21:37] | because at a certain point | 因为逼我到一定境界 |
[21:40] | I will remove you from this place, | 我就会不惜一切代价 |
[21:41] | no matter what the consequences. | 把你赶出这里 |
[21:42] | You’d do that? For him? | 你会那么做 是为了他吗 |
[21:47] | How is it you see such a partner in him and such a villain in me? | 你为什么把他视为合伙人 而把我视为敌人 |
[21:51] | He wants what I want. | 他跟我有共同目标 |
[21:52] | Are you quite certain about that? | 你那么确定吗 |
[21:55] | Let’s put it to a test. | 我们来测试一下 |
[21:57] | Let’s say I do separate Flint from his gold when he returns. | 如果弗林特回来 我取走了他的珍宝 |
[22:01] | And let’s say you and I split it. | 如果我跟你平分他的珍宝 |
[22:07] | What? | 什么 |
[22:09] | See? | 明白了吧 |
[22:10] | Not so easy. | 没那么简单 |
[22:12] | Think about it– I kill Flint, | 试想一想 我杀了弗林特 |
[22:14] | give you half a fortune, and then no more Naft, | 把钱分你一半 你就不必理会纳夫特 |
[22:17] | no more Lawrence, no more compromises. | 或是劳伦斯 不必再向人妥协 |
[22:19] | You could do whatever you like. | 你可以随心所欲 为所欲为 |
[22:22] | We could do whatever we like. | 我们可以为所欲为 |
[22:26] | How important is Flint to you now? | 现在弗林特对你还有多重要呢 |
[22:32] | Fuck you. | 滚你妈的 |
[22:34] | Fuck you, too. | 你也不是什么好东西 |
[22:44] | Once the mainmast watch has been eliminated, | 除掉主桅杆上的看守后 |
[22:46] | hoist your signal. | 发个信号 |
[22:47] | If there is no signal before the reinforcements | 如果在增援夜值的人离开沙滩之前 |
[22:49] | for the night’s watch depart the beach, | 还没收到你们的信号 |
[22:52] | I’ll assume failure and begin our escape down the coast. | 我会默认你们失败 开始沿海岸线撤退 |
[22:56] | What if the signal is in time? | 如果能及时发出信号呢 |
[22:58] | Then we’ll launch our assault. | 那我们就会发动攻击 |
[23:02] | There is something about which I want to be very clear… | 有件事我得跟你说清楚 |
[23:06] | even in success | 即使你成功了 |
[23:08] | you will be expelled from the crew, | 还是会被驱逐出船 |
[23:11] | cast out. | 流放在外 |
[23:15] | Are we understood? | 明白了吗 |
[23:42] | You shit. | 没用的烂货 |
[23:46] | Um, beg pardon? | 你说什么 |
[23:47] | I needed a fighter, | 我要的是战士 |
[23:49] | someone I could count on to make a difference on that ship. | 登上那艘船后能帮得上忙的人 |
[23:53] | What the fuck were you doing volunteering? | 你他妈自荐个什么劲 |
[23:57] | I’m sorry, I’m a little confused. | 抱歉 我有点搞不懂 |
[23:59] | Why wouldn’t I volunteer? If we’re to try and… | 我为什么不能自荐 如果我们试着… |
[24:03] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[24:06] | You’re serious about taking the ship? | 你是真的想夺下这船 |
[24:07] | What the fuck did you think? | 不然你他妈以为我想干嘛 |
[24:09] | I thought this was how you intended to escape. | 我以为你想趁机逃跑 |
[24:14] | Sure, it would be a few days of walking or so to St. Augustine, | 的确得走个几天几夜才能到圣奥古斯丁 |
[24:16] | but at least we’d have a chance. | 但至少有个逃跑的机会 |
[24:20] | You really mean to board that ship. Jesus Christ. | 你还真想登上那船 天呐 |
[24:24] | I’m not doing it. | 我才不干 |
[24:26] | I don’t need to return to Nassau. | 我没必要再回拿骚去 |
[24:27] | I am happy to find some other place to survive. | 我很乐意去别处谋生 |
[24:30] | St. Augustine is that way. | 圣奥古斯丁在那个方向 |
[24:36] | It’s at least a week on foot, | 徒步至少得走一周 |
[24:38] | Tequesta tribes in between. | 还得经过特奇斯塔部落的领地 |
[24:41] | I doubt you’ll survive to see sunrise tomorrow. | 我怀疑你今天就得玩完 |
[24:46] | How are you even gonna get out there with one arm? | 你就剩一只手臂了 怎么过得去 |
[25:25] | What is this exercise intended to prove, Lieutenant? | 上尉 这训练意义何在 |
[25:28] | You want to understand why piracy flourishes in the West Indies. | 你想知道为什么海盗能在西印度群岛如此猖狂 |
[25:32] | I’m about to show you. | 我这就告诉你为什么 |
[25:35] | Have you seen one of these before? | 你以前见过这些吗 |
[25:36] | I’m afraid I haven’t, no. | 恐怕没见过 |
[25:38] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[25:39] | Davey someone-or-other. | 叫戴维还是什么的 |
[25:41] | High seas piracy, treason, so on and so forth, | 公海海盗 叛国等 罪名一箩筐 |
[25:44] | same as the last, same as the next. | 他的前人和来者都跟他差不多 |
[25:46] | He’s being asked if he wants to confess, | 他们正在问他是否愿意认罪 |
[25:48] | beg forgiveness in the eyes of God and Queen Anne. | 在上帝以及安妮女王的见证下祈求宽恕 |
[25:51] | Suck my cock! | 玩蛋去吧 |
[25:55] | I assume that was a “No.” | 我想这是拒绝的意思吧 |
[25:58] | So this is the lesson… | 这就是你要教我的吗 |
[26:00] | the pirates of New Providence Island | 新普罗维登斯岛的海盗们 |
[26:02] | are incorrigible, dedicated to mayhem. | 都是些无可救药 喜爱骚乱的暴徒 |
[26:05] | To attempt to address this subject | 这种问题 |
[26:06] | is doomed to defeat from the outset. | 注定没有办法根绝 |
[26:08] | It’s not him I wanted you to see. | 我想让你看的不是他 |
[26:14] | No mercy! | 决不轻饶 |
[26:18] | Go all the way to hell! | 下地狱去吧 |
[26:20] | It’s them. | 是他们 |
[26:23] | Civilization needs its monsters. | 每种文明都需要恶人 |
[26:26] | You think Whitehall wants piracy to flourish in the Bahamas? | 你认为英国政府有意让海盗肆虐巴哈马群岛吗 |
[26:29] | No, I don’t think they want it, but I think they’re aware | 我不认为这是他们的本意 但他们清楚 |
[26:31] | of the cost associated with trying to fight it. | 若要与其对抗 必得花费重金 |
[26:34] | And I think that that sound | 而民众的呼声 |
[26:36] | travels. | 则会自行传播 |
[26:39] | You’re an educated man, my lord, | 阁下 您受过高等教育 |
[26:41] | but I think it worth reminding you | 但我认为有必要提醒你 |
[26:43] | that in most cases a man trying to change the world fails | 很多时候 试图改变世界的人 |
[26:46] | for one simple and unavoidable reason… | 都败在一个简单而不可避免的问题上 |
[26:49] | everyone else. | 群众 |
[27:27] | Do as I say when I say, | 照我的命令做 |
[27:29] | or I’ll kill you myself. | 要不然我就亲手了结你 |
[28:07] | Well, that was easy. | 小菜一碟 |
[28:38] | Hurry up! | 动作快点 |
[28:41] | I will fucking kill you. Shut up. | 真他妈想弄死你 闭嘴 |
[28:48] | For crying out loud! | 鬼叫什么 |
[28:53] | 10 minutes I’ve been waiting. | 我都等了十分钟了 |
[28:55] | A moment’s peace, my friend. | 安静会吧 哥们儿 |
[28:57] | Surely you can empathize. | 理解万岁 |
[29:06] | Jack Rackham. | 杰克·拉克姆 |
[29:10] | The crew killer. | 团队毒瘤 |
[29:31] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[29:59] | Jesus. | 我的天 |
[30:01] | What happened? | 怎么搞的 |
[30:02] | Same as yesterday, | 跟昨天一样 |
[30:04] | though it would appear things have escalated. | 不过比昨天更严重 |
[30:08] | When I came here, I had nothing | 我来的时候一无所有 |
[30:11] | but my name and my wits. | 只有我的名字和智慧 |
[30:13] | A man in a place like this | 一个人在这种地方 |
[30:16] | surviving on those two things alone– | 仅靠这两样存活 |
[30:17] | he suffers indignities, slights, ridicule. | 受过侮辱 遭到怠慢 被人嘲笑 |
[30:23] | But I overcame it. | 但我都扛了下来 |
[30:24] | I used the wits to build the name. | 我用智慧打造我的名声 |
[30:27] | I became quartermaster to a crew | 我混成了舵手 |
[30:30] | that struck fear into the hearts of many, many men. | 让很多人闻之色变的舵手 |
[30:35] | Jesus Christ, | 看看现在 |
[30:37] | what’s become of my name? | 我的名声荡然无存 |
[30:43] | They pissed on me. | 他们羞辱我 |
[30:49] | Tell me who did this. | 告诉我谁干的 |
[30:53] | So you can murder them all? | 你要去把他们都杀尽吗 |
[30:55] | What a wonderful idea. Why didn’t I think of that? | 这可真是个好主意 我怎么就没想到呢 |
[30:57] | Tell me, though, how many men do you think | 那你跟我说说 你觉得你能 |
[30:59] | you can safely lure into the wrecks to their deaths? | 安全地把多少人引到沉船残骸那杀死呢 |
[31:02] | Unfortunately, I’m afraid eight won’t cut it, | 不幸的是 恐怕杀八个十个也不顶事 |
[31:04] | as I am pariah to just about every able-bodied man | 因为这个岛上所有四肢健全的人 |
[31:08] | on this fucking island! | 都将我视为贱民 |
[31:17] | They pissed on me. | 他们羞辱我 |
[31:41] | I will send someone upstairs to tend to him. | 我会派人到楼上看着他的 |
[31:44] | He is angry, but this will pass. | 虽然他气不过 但一切都会过去的 |
[31:46] | Stay the fuck away from me. | 你他妈给我滚 |
[33:19] | – Wait. – You almost got us killed. | -别动手 -你差点害死我们俩 |
[33:22] | – Almost. Almost. – For a fucking bauble. | -差一点 差一点 -就为了个小玩意 |
[33:25] | It’s a boatswain’s whistle. | 是水手长的哨子 |
[33:27] | Look. | 听我说 |
[33:28] | Doesn’t it make more sense for us to prompt the lookout to come down, | 要是我们能把哨兵引下来 |
[33:31] | than for us to go up there after him? | 不比我们自己上去抓靠谱吗 |
[33:34] | You are truly amazing, you know that? | 你其实很厉害 知道不 |
[33:37] | We’re both better off now than we were two minutes ago, | 我们现在的处境可比两分钟前好多了 |
[33:39] | yet you’re angry about it because it didn’t happen your way. | 然而你却还气我没按你的套路来 |
[33:42] | Might you consider for a fucking moment | 你他妈能不能认真思考一下 |
[33:44] | that your distrust of me is completely unwarranted? | 你不应该这么怀疑我 |
[33:48] | I warned you about Billy. Was I right? | 我跟你说过要防着比利 我说的对不对 |
[33:51] | I found you over Mr. Gates’s body, | 我在盖茨先生的尸体旁找到你 |
[33:52] | and did I do anything but defend you? | 我一心护你周全 有害过你吗 |
[33:55] | When you were sinking to the bottom of the sea, | 当你沉到海底的时候 |
[33:58] | who do you imagine it was who dragged you onto that beach? | 你知道是谁把你拉到沙滩上的么 |
[34:02] | Brace yourself, | 好好想想吧 |
[34:04] | but I’m the only person within a hundred miles of here | 我可是方圆百里以内唯一一个 |
[34:07] | who doesn’t want to see you dead. | 不想看着你死的人 |
[36:13] | But this is the rate I can offer you for this material. | 你这玩意我只能给这个价 |
[36:15] | If it’s unsatisfactory, feel free to go elsewhere. | 不满意就请便吧 |
[36:18] | This is absurd. | 简直蛮不讲理 |
[36:19] | There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the cargo itself. | 里面的货绝对是完好无损的 |
[36:22] | What’s going on here? | 什么情况 |
[36:23] | Ma’am, these goods were presented for consignment, | 小姐 这些是托运的货物 |
[36:26] | but your man here refuses to pay full freight for it, | 但你的人拒绝全额支付运费 |
[36:28] | owing to the condition of the barrels they’re in. | 他说装货的桶有损伤 |
[36:31] | Put up a fight, did they? | 经历了一场激战么 |
[36:32] | Once we were onboard, the crew turned, gave us no choice. | 一上船那些船员就开始造反 我们别无选择 |
[36:36] | There was no malice in it. | 我们也不想这样 |
[36:37] | Mister… | 您是 |
[36:38] | Meeks, ma’am. Quartermaster of the Fancy. | 小姐 我叫米克斯 是幻想号的舵手 |
[36:41] | Mr. Meeks, do you have any idea what happens | 米克斯先生 你知道当一艘小有名气的货船 |
[36:44] | when a marginally reputable cargo ship enters a civilized port | 驶入一个文明港口并试图卸载 |
[36:47] | and attempts to unload 50 barrels full of cargo covered in blood? | 50只沾血的货桶时会有什么后果吗 |
[36:51] | This material all must be unboxed | 我们必须拆封这批货 |
[36:53] | and reboxed into clean containers | 再重新装入干净的容器中 |
[36:54] | before I can even think about shipping it out. | 然后才能考虑运货事宜 |
[36:57] | Between you and I, which of us should bear the cost of that? | 你觉得你我之间应该由谁为此买单 |
[37:02] | Whatever happened on that ship, it was a costly fuck-up. | 不管那艘船上发生了什么 肯定要花一大笔钱 |
[37:05] | But it wasn’t my fuck-up, and I’m not about to pay for it. | 但篓子不是我捅的 所以我不会出钱 |
[37:07] | Ma’am, I must beg your understanding. | 女士 请你理解我 |
[37:11] | My crew is new to this place. | 我的手下人生地不熟 |
[37:13] | Going forward, we’ll certainly keep this issue in mind. | 以后我们绝对会注意的 |
[37:15] | Mr. Meeks, who is the captain of the Fancy? | 米克斯先生 幻想号的船长是谁 |
[37:18] | Ned Low. | 奈得·洛 |
[37:22] | Please relay to Captain Low | 请你告诉洛船长 |
[37:23] | that it is his responsibility to manage the taking of prizes | 他的责任就是控制货物的成本 |
[37:25] | to avoid situations like this in the future. | 防止此类事情再次发生 |
[37:28] | If there are any savings in the repacking of these goods, | 要是那批货重新装箱后还有剩出的钱 |
[37:30] | I’ll be sure to pass them on to you. | 我会交给你的 |
[37:32] | Good afternoon. | 祝下午愉快 |
[37:46] | Madam Guthrie. | 格斯里小姐 |
[37:49] | You wished to speak with me? | 你找我了吗 |
[37:51] | Sit. | 坐 |
[38:03] | Do you know Captain Hallendale of the Straight Arrow? | 你知道利箭号的海伦达拉船长吗 |
[38:06] | Yes. | 知道 |
[38:07] | Not terribly strong or daring, | 他不算特别强壮或勇猛的 |
[38:09] | but knows how to manage a prize, reliable in that way. | 但却非常擅长攫取战利品 值得信赖 |
[38:11] | Sorry, what has this got to do with me? | 不好意思 这跟我有什么关系 |
[38:13] | The Good Fortune was captured yesterday | 好运气号昨天被抓住了 |
[38:15] | but by a different captain who found her first, | 不过是另一个船长发现的 |
[38:18] | beat Hallendale to her, | 动作比海伦达拉快 |
[38:20] | and then, instead of managing her surrender, | 他并没有接受对方的投降 |
[38:22] | he put her entire crew to the sword. | 而是杀死了所有的船员 |
[38:25] | I give Hallendale a lead. | 我给了海伦达拉线索 |
[38:27] | Hallendale spends all his time in here. | 海伦达拉一直待在这里 |
[38:29] | And somehow that lead ends up in the hands of a fucking maniac. | 但不知为什么线索却落到了一个疯子手里 |
[38:32] | Madam Guthrie, isn’t it just as possible | 格斯里小姐 有没有可能 |
[38:34] | this is a rather unfortunate | 这只是一个巧合 |
[38:35] | – but not at all implausible coincidence? – I sold it. | -虽然有些令人难以置信 -是我卖的 |
[38:40] | To Captain Low. He paid 90 pieces for it. | 卖给了洛船长 他付了我九十块 |
[38:46] | – Why would you do–? – Why wouldn’t I? | -你为什么要… -为什么不呢 |
[38:50] | Valuable information walks in the door, I should let it walk out? | 值钱的情报送上门来 我要看着它溜走吗 |
[38:53] | Why? Because it bothers you? | 为什么 因为会造成你的困扰吗 |
[39:02] | Stay out of my fucking business. | 别他妈插手我的事 |
[39:04] | Consider this the only warning you’re ever gonna get. | 我只警告你这一次 |
[39:11] | – You fucking ingrate. – Now that’s not helpful. | -你个忘恩负义的王八蛋 -别说了 |
[39:13] | You mewed and whimpered in that fucking tent | 你在那帐篷里哭得稀里哗啦 |
[39:15] | till you had me all turned around. | 让我起了恻隐之心 |
[39:17] | Got me thinking you were some helpless thing they was beatin’ on. | 我还以为你是遭到虐待的某个可怜货 |
[39:20] | I get you out, and you pull this shit. | 我救了你 你却干出这种龌龊事 |
[39:22] | – Starting shit without telling us. – Let me explain. | -翅膀长硬了啊 -让我解释一下 |
[39:25] | – Don’t you fucking talk back to me. – All right. | -我他妈让你说话了吗 -好了 |
[39:28] | Either she’s on her back, or she’s out on the streets. | 要么揍到她下不了床 要么直接扔出去 |
[39:30] | But if it ain’t one of the two come tomorrow, | 如果明早之前还没作出决定 |
[39:33] | I’m gonna deal with it my way. | 我就按我的法子来 |
[39:46] | I will be very honest with you. | 我跟你们说大实话 |
[39:49] | I could torture the two of you to find out who you are, | 我能折磨你们 查出你们的身份 |
[39:52] | how many more of you there are | 你们有多少人 |
[39:54] | and what you’re hoping to accomplish here. | 以及你们准备干什么 |
[39:56] | I could find it out and you would both suffer. | 我会查出来 你俩都会受罪 |
[40:00] | But today is your lucky day, | 但至少对你们其中一人来说 |
[40:02] | at least for one of you. | 今天是他的幸运日 |
[40:04] | My commander arrives | 一小时之内 |
[40:06] | to relieve the watch in less than an hour. | 我的指挥官就要来让守卫换班 |
[40:09] | I need this matter resolved before then. | 所以我要在那之前把这事解决了 |
[40:11] | So neither of you will be here when he arrives. | 他来的时候就看不见你们了 |
[40:14] | One of you will tell me what I want to know, | 如果谁老实说出我想知道的信息 |
[40:16] | receive this gold as reward, | 就能拿到这些金币 |
[40:18] | be escorted to the beach for your escape. | 还可以直接去沙滩上 顺利脱逃 |
[40:20] | And the other will be quite dead. | 而另一个就只能去死了 |
[40:21] | My name is John Silver. His name is James Flint. | 我叫约翰·西尔弗 他叫詹姆斯·弗林特 |
[40:23] | We came here to steal the gold from the treasure galleon, | 我们是来偷珍宝船的金币的 |
[40:25] | but he was deposed from his captaincy by a man named Dufresne, | 但是有个叫迪弗雷纳夺了他的船长之位 |
[40:28] | who is now waiting with the rest of our crew in longboats. | 那人现在正跟其他船员在大艇上等着 |
[40:30] | You’ll likely find them behind the promontory to the south. | 他们现在应该位于海角南端 |
[40:32] | I believe there are 32 of them. | 我记得有32个人 |
[40:36] | You fucking–! | 你他妈的…. |
[40:45] | Suéltalo. | 放开他 |
[40:58] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:21] | Shoot this one. | 杀这个 |
[41:23] | He’ll get to the pistol. | 他会拿到枪的 |
[41:25] | This one has more scars– more fights. | 这人伤疤更多 搏斗经验更多 |
[41:26] | You’ve got a better chance against this one. | 你对付这个人胜算更大 |
[41:27] | Not if he shoots me first. | 万一他先打死了我呢 |
[41:29] | Then beat him to it. Do it, quickly. | 那就打死他 快点动手 |
[41:31] | So I actually have to fight him? | 所以我还得跟他打一架吗 |
[41:32] | Well, what the fuck did you think was gonna happen? | 你他妈觉得会发生什么 |
[41:35] | Do it! Do it! | 开枪啊 |
[42:23] | Bolt the door. | 把门闩上 |
[42:33] | Busquen algo para derrimbar la puerta, apurense! | 找东西把门撞开 快点[西语] |
[42:36] | Table. | 桌子 |
[42:46] | So what now? | 现在怎么办 |
[42:47] | They’ll have to converge through the door, | 他们会从门口挤进来 |
[42:49] | roughly a dozen of them, | 大概十多个人 |
[42:50] | and three pistols at our disposal. | 我们手头有三把枪能用 |
[42:52] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[43:23] | Hold your fire. | 拿稳你的枪 |
[43:41] | Mr. Logan, weigh the anchor! | 洛根先生 起锚 |
[43:44] | We must get underway | 我们得赶在 |
[43:44] | before they loose those cannons on the beach. | 沙滩上的大炮开火之前启程离开 |
[43:47] | Up the braces! Up the braces! Unfold the canvas! | 上操帆索 上操帆索 降帆 |
[43:53] | Come on! | 快点 |
[44:04] | – Return fire! – Return fire! | -反击 -反击 |
[44:14] | Cannons are loaded! | 他们填炮了 |
[44:16] | Get us underway! Get us underway! | 快启程 快走 |
[44:24] | Prepare to take fire! | 准备遭受炮击 |
[44:31] | Incoming! | 来了 |
[45:06] | …the fucking island. | …这个操蛋的岛 |
[45:08] | …that Guthrie cunt… | 那个格斯里贱货… |
[45:11] | Now get the fuck out. | 给老娘滚出去 |
[45:12] | All right. Fuck! | 行了 操 |
[45:26] | You have absolutely nothing to worry about. | 完全不用担心 |
[45:29] | Though I would recommend avoiding her for a while. | 不过我建议你先躲着她点儿 |
[45:53] | Get the fuck out. | 滚出去 |
[46:06] | If we are all going to make something of this place, | 如果我们要好好经营这个地方 |
[46:11] | perhaps it is in everyone’s best interest | 也许咱俩想个办法让这事过去 |
[46:13] | that you and I find a way past all of this, | 你大人不记我小人过 |
[46:16] | past your anger towards me. | 这样对大家都好 |
[46:19] | I’m not gonna warn you again. | 别让我再说一次 |
[46:23] | Your anger– it is understandable. | 你生我的气 可以理解 |
[46:27] | You killed your own crew to free me. | 你为了救我杀了自己的船员 |
[46:29] | You suffered indignity in my defense. | 为了保护我受到了侮辱 |
[46:33] | Perhaps that is enough to warrant your feelings. | 也许你是为了这些才生我的气 |
[46:39] | But perhaps there is something else underlying it, | 但也许你还隐藏着其他的感情 |
[46:42] | something hiding in a place not even you can see. | 藏在连你自己都不知道的内心深处 |
[46:49] | Perhaps… | 也许… |
[46:51] | we would do well to… | 我们可以… |
[46:54] | bring it into the light. | 将之释放 |
[46:58] | What the fuck do you think you’re doing? | 你他妈以为自己在做什么 |
[47:37] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[47:42] | May I buy that for you, miss? | 能让我请你喝这杯吗 小姐 |
[47:45] | My bar. Thank you anyway. | 这是我的酒吧 不过还是谢了 |
[47:49] | I confess, | 我坦白 |
[47:51] | I knew it was your bar. | 我知道这是你的酒吧 |
[47:53] | Just a gesture for a pretty lady. | 就是想向美女献个殷勤 |
[47:56] | You must be new here. | 你是新来的吧 |
[47:57] | I am, in fact. How could you tell? | 确实是 你怎么知道 |
[48:01] | I don’t fuck customers. | 我不跟客人上床 |
[48:03] | Everybody here knows it. Now you do, too. | 这里的人都知道 现在你也知道了 |
[48:06] | A sound rule. | 合理的规矩 |
[48:08] | Unfortunate for me, but sound nonetheless. | 算我不走运 不过这规矩很合理 |
[48:11] | Still, it is unthinkable to me | 但我还是无法想象 |
[48:13] | that someone this beautiful is forced to spend her nights alone. | 像你这么漂亮的美女居然得独守空闺 |
[48:17] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[48:20] | Ned Low. | 奈得·洛 |
[48:22] | You met my quartermaster Meeks this morning. | 你今早见过我的舵手米克斯了 |
[48:25] | From what I understand, we were shortchanged | 就我所知 由于容器的问题 |
[48:27] | a fair amount on a prize haul | 那些上交的战利品 |
[48:28] | owing to the condition of its containers. | 你少给了我们分成 |
[48:31] | I understand Mr. Meeks told you | 我知道米克斯先生跟你说 |
[48:32] | the episode on the Good Fortune was a case of self-defense. | 好运气号上的那件事是自卫 |
[48:35] | I apologize for that. | 我很抱歉 |
[48:37] | When I heard he told you that, I knew instantly | 我得知他这么跟你说时 就立刻明白 |
[48:38] | that a woman of your stature would see right through it. | 以你的智慧 肯定能看穿他的谎言 |
[48:41] | And if you’re anything like me, you simply cannot abide a liar. | 如果你跟我相似 就肯定无法忍受欺骗 |
[48:45] | So I thought if I came here to tell the truth, | 所以我想过来告诉你真相 |
[48:48] | perhaps we might reach a more favorable outcome. | 也许这事能有一个更好的结果 |
[48:53] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[48:55] | I’m not a particularly skilled captain. | 我不是一个技能娴熟的船长 |
[48:58] | Navigation is foreign to me. | 对于航海 我是外行 |
[49:00] | I have no gift for politics. | 我也没有政治天赋 |
[49:02] | So what am I good at? | 那我有什么长处呢 |
[49:04] | This is going to sound absurd, but… | 这话听起来很可笑 但是… |
[49:07] | I make the men feel better about themselves. | 我能让船员对自己更有信心 |
[49:10] | See, every man here has served under a captain | 这儿的人曾经都效忠过 |
[49:12] | who uses violence to achieve an end– | 一个借用暴力 |
[49:14] | to terrorize, to advertise. | 来恐吓和震慑的船长 |
[49:18] | When the men see that, they can spot the lie. | 每当有这种情况 船员们都知道那是假的 |
[49:20] | They know that that captain is, in some part of his soul, | 他们知道在船长的内心深处 |
[49:23] | sickened by his own actions. | 仍对自己的所作所为感到厌恶 |
[49:27] | And the lie infects everyone who sees it. | 这个假象影响着所有人 |
[49:30] | But with me, | 但对我而言 |
[49:31] | when the men see me slaughter the crew of the Good Fortune, | 要是他们看到我屠杀好运气号的船员 |
[49:34] | when they see me cut out a man’s tongue from his mouth for lying, | 看到我因其说谎而割下某人的舌头 |
[49:37] | when they see me burn a boy alive in front of his father’s eyes, | 看到我当着一位父亲的面烧死他的孩子 |
[49:39] | they know, they can see it in my eyes– | 他们能从我的眼神中看出 |
[49:43] | there’s no lie there. | 我不会撒谎 |
[49:45] | There’s no secret remorse there. | 我也不会暗下自责 |
[49:50] | I simply don’t have it in me. | 我没有这种感情 |
[49:55] | At any rate, I hope that clarifies things | 不管怎样 我希望这段话 |
[49:59] | and illustrates why it is only fair | 能让你明白 |
[50:01] | to compensate my men fully for their latest haul, | 为什么你要给我这批货的全额报酬 |
[50:05] | as it was an honest haul taken by an honest captain. | 因为这是由一位坦诚的船长拿下的坦荡的战利品 |
[50:09] | I intend to be here some time. | 以后我也打算来这里 |
[50:12] | It would be a shame to make enemies of each other | 如果只为了一点点钱而彼此敌对 |
[50:14] | over such a small amount of money. | 那就太遗憾了 |
[50:18] | Get out of my place. | 滚出我的地盘 |
[51:09] | It’s very lucky. | 非常幸运 |
[51:13] | I rather envy you. | 我非常羡慕你 |
[51:23] | I remember what it was like the first time I met him. | 我还记得初次和他见面的场景 |
[51:28] | There’s a feeling one gets when in the presence | 站在一个大好人面前 |
[51:30] | of the truly great men. | 会有一种很强烈的感觉 |
[51:33] | It’s something quite indescribable. | 那种感觉难以描述 |
[51:36] | I imagine you’re having it as we speak. | 我猜你现在就有这种感觉吧 |
[51:40] | “Indescribable” is a good word. | 确实是难以描述 |
[51:42] | You question my husband’s motives? | 你是在质疑我丈夫的目的吗 |
[51:44] | Not on the least, ma’am, | 完全没有 女士 |
[51:45] | though I may question the outcome he’s likely to achieve. | 但我可能会质疑他将面临的结果 |
[51:49] | The game he is entering into is a brutal and unforgiving one. | 他即将置身于残忍而无情的环境 |
[51:52] | – Piracy? – Politics. | -海盗吗 -政治 |
[51:56] | What’s your name, Lieutenant? | 上尉 你叫什么名字 |
[51:58] | McGraw– James McGraw. | 麦格劳 詹姆斯·麦格劳 |
[52:02] | Great men aren’t made great by politics, Lieutenant McGraw. | 伟人并非因政治而伟大 麦格劳上尉 |
[52:06] | They aren’t made great by prudence or propriety. | 也并非因处事谨慎或适当得体而伟大 |
[52:09] | They are, every last one of them, | 他们所有人都是 |
[52:11] | made great by one thing and one thing only– | 只因一件事而伟大 |
[52:15] | the relentless pursuit of a better world. | 就是不懈追求更美好世界 |
[52:19] | The great men don’t give up that pursuit. | 伟人们都不会放弃追求 |
[52:21] | They don’t know how. | 他们不知如何放弃 |
[52:23] | And that is what makes them invincible. | 正因如此 他们才如此战无不胜 |
[52:45] | 17 yea votes against 15 nays. | 17位赞同 15位否决 |
[52:50] | The crew has commuted your sentences | 船员们减轻了对你们的裁决 |
[52:53] | by the narrowest of margins. | 虽然票数相差甚少 |
[52:57] | You will both be transported back to Nassau, | 你们都会被送回拿骚 |
[53:00] | at which point you will be removed from this ship permanently | 也就是说你们将永远离开这艘船 |
[53:03] | and without severance. | 并且没有遣散费 |
[53:07] | There’ll be no further negotiation on the matter. | 此事已经敲定 不会再做进一步谈判 |
[53:21] | You were right, for what it’s worth. | 无论如何 你都没有错 |
[53:25] | Beg pardon? | 你说什么 |
[53:27] | If your interests and mine were adverse to each other, | 如果我和你的利益相矛盾 |
[53:31] | there’s a good chance I’d cross you to save myself. | 我很可能会保自己而背叛你 |
[53:35] | Then why didn’t you? | 那你为什么没这么做 |
[53:37] | Because at the moment | 因为那时 |
[53:39] | I don’t believe our interests are adverse to each other. | 我认为我们的利益并不矛盾 |
[53:48] | I don’t believe you did any of this for a pardon, | 我认为你做那么多并不是为了一句原谅 |
[53:51] | or a passage to Nassau, | 或是活着回拿骚 |
[53:53] | or to be able to walk away from anything. | 或是就这样一走了之 |
[53:57] | I think you intend to reclaim your captaincy. | 我觉得你是想重新夺回船长名号 |
[54:02] | I think you intend to take control of this ship. | 我觉得你想夺回领导权 |
[54:06] | And then I think you intend | 然后我觉得你想 |
[54:07] | to return to that beach, armed to the teeth, | 重回海滩 全副武装 |
[54:10] | and seize every last ounce of gold off of it. | 把那儿的金币尽数拿走 |
[54:15] | And I think you’re going to need my help to do it. | 我还认为你需要我的帮助 |
[54:26] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 我说得没错吧 |